Seterus
1.14/5

Looking for a loan company?

Seterus

formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services

Looking for a loan company?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Seterus Reviews

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I lived in my house 2 full years after my separation. They raised my escrow over a hundred a month. A representative from the company told me to send in my divorce papers and they would reissue the escrow check to me and not both me and my ex. I paid every penny into escrow which is totally separate from equity. The idiot on the phone suggested I have a quick claim deed taking my ex off the deed. She said this after talking to a supervisor, full well knowing I closed on the property 2 months ago. I was dumbfounded at their stupidity. They are clueless, they lie and I don't understand how they are in business.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

For the last eight years I have had to deal with this company and their website. If you don't update your password every 3 months, then it locks you out and you have to call them (ugh) and spend 30 minutes on the phone getting it reset. Now, I sell my house and pay off the loan, and they arbitrarily disconnect my paperless documents stating the account is closed. I call to get paperless turned back on and was told that I am no longer eligible since the account was paid in full. So now I can't pull up any prior statements or information, and can't obtain payoff and escrow balances to verify any over-payment at closing to anticipate refunds. Every time I talk with their customer service, they speak to me like I'm an idiot and have no idea what I'm talking about. So glad to be DONE with Seterus!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Unable to give this company any stars but rating was required. Don’t know how they are still in business! Stay far away from this mortgage company. They lie and are very unethical. I divorced in 2007 leaving the ex with the house in divorce agreements. He was solely responsible. In or around 2012 they allowed him to modify the mortgage and put my name on it without my knowledge or signature, house went into repo. They stated they tried to locate me for repo papers. I lived in the same house for 9 years and worked for same company for 28 years. When it came to Court we had to request the signed documents by me 3 times. 8 months later they were unable to locate me, but when I called after finding out they told me they used my signature from the original mortgage. I could go on and on to make a long story short. They paid nothing for their unprofessional actions. Please don’t use this company.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I bought my first house. Original loan was Chase then they sold it 4 times. Finally ended up with Seterus. They are the worst lender ever. I have since moved and rent the property. I have had 2 deadbeat renters in last year and I had to pay mortgage late. When I called to pay my mortgage they harassed me asking every financial debt I have and why I’m late and it’s costing me more money paying late fees. I don’t understand why they ask every debt I have, cost of my food for a week, cost of fuel, all loans. It was ridiculous. It’s not like they wanna work with me and give me a principal reduction. So last time I talked to them they started again asking all these questions. I told them I was just calling to pay my bill. They said they would not accept payment until I answered all their questions.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Earlier this year I lent my sister $175,000. to pay off her mortgage with Seterus. This is the amount they told us would pay off the whole mortgage but they are still collecting fees and will not tell us what these fees are for. The fees increase at least $1000.00 a month and we can't get a new payoff amount from them. They are scamming us. Stay away from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Seterus (formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services)?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I am a former lender-customer of GMAC, then about 5 years ago my account was sold to Seterus. In those 5 years I've had practically no issues. With GMAC, they double charged me once, and for reasons unknown failed to include my property taxes in my impound account, putting me in a very stressful situation. Nearly all mortgage companies insist payment be on the 1st of the month, but Seterus allows me to pay as late as the 14th. This is important because I don't get paid till the 13th and I'm on a fixed income. I've read mostly negative reviews on Seterus, but have had the opposite experience.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I filed chapter 13 and Seterus wanted me to do a loan modification to which I refused. They and their attorneys filed for foreclosure, I paid by wire transfer which they quoted the payments and attorney's fees will be reinstalling me and good until July 15, 2018. I wired transferred from Wells Fargo bank. Well, they sent a letter with over $10,000 dated July 18, 2018 which made no sense. The customer service rep said, "that is just a periodic report we are sending to you, not a default letter, you are not in foreclosure again."

Makes no sense when 30 days after my realtor finds a package for foreclosure in the same amount for over $10,000 in attorney's fees. So, I wrote a letter to dispute, called numerous times to see if they receive my 2 fax letters, to which the CSR all said over and over to wait up to 30 days, they can give answers right away or take up to 30 days. Last CSR said "no, it's 30 business days, you are wrong." How am I wrong to get the same information over and over from the same CSR? My escrow closed and I received a letter stating they receive both letters, but closed my case due to the closing of escrow. Who sees that Seterus Inc. failed to get back to me in a timely manner and give the break down for my dispute? They are horrible and are unethical! Please contact me if you are in a lawsuit with Seterus Inc. I would like be part of.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I had a flood and had NO issues getting funds from my insurance company. But the bank has had check for over 6 weeks and won't release funds. They leave messages to call them back, when you do you get a different rep. who doesn't know what's going on. They have asked for the same paperwork in 10 different ways. I have been waiting for 5 days for a manager to call me back. I am out of pocket for the contractor and the bank doesn't accept a cancelled check as proof of payment (REALLY!!!). Every day I get more and more frustrated... Currently waiting for my attorney to call me back to review avenues available to get my own money!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I refinanced my home from 30 to 15 years, set up with automatic monthly payments via Navy Federal Credit Union, was receiving mailed paper monthly statements and had no issues or contact with Seterus until the last and final payment for May 2018. I had calculated that my final payment should be a little less than the monthly automatic payment and was going to adjust my last automatic payment to match the final statement I expected in April 2018. I received my monthly statement in March but did not receive a mailed paper statement in April 2018, so I called Seterus and encountered the rude and deceptive total failure of honest customer service, being told they were not going to provide me the last statement.

I left my automatic payment as it was and let it pay at the end of April 2018, and continued to try and get Seterus to provide a statement, which I have still never received as of November 2018. I did verify Seterus forwarded to the county that my loan was paid off so I could receive the title, which has still not happened either. About a week ago we discovered our credit score had dropped from 850 to 736 right after my final payment was made. My wife researched and discovered it was for a "late payment" reported by Seterus even though there were no late or missing payments - ever. I am now going to file this as a fraudulent business practice with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and consult with legal counsel. I recommend everyone else who have been subjected to Seterus fraudulent business practices should do the same.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

This company is the worst company I have to deal with in my life. They really are scammer. Worst customer service and the rudest people are there. When they took over from the original mortgage company I was with they didn't record one of my payment so they put it on my credit as late even I have proof I sent my payment to original bank. That thing they did for my credit hurt me for years. I am going to pay off the mortgage just to not deal with these scammer liar. I have so many investment properties and worked with many different lender but I never seen company even close to be as bad as them. As big advise don't work with them.

Seterus Company Information

Seterus (formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services)
      www.seterus.com