Honda Financial Services

Honda Financial Services

4.0/5 (824 ratings)

About Honda Financial Services

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

Honda Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

The dealership was amazing and got me everything I needed, Honda finances did not send me an email for confirmation when they approved my deal, they also had issues when setting up my financing account through the web page. A extra complaint as well was being told that reviews for the Honda store had to be 10s or they were a fail and hurt the store and salesman, this is concerning due to the fact that reviews are supposed to be honest and help the dealership and salesman learn how to do better and expecting perfection is unrealistic.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

So I was told I was being issued a check when I called about a last payment and I told the person I first spoke to that my new address is here now can you ship it before it goes out and they keep sending to the wrong addresses about 3x. I’m not sure what they doing but how Hard is it To put in a correct address? I spoke to 5 dfferent representative and all said will take care of it and each one sends it to the wrong address better yet an incomplete address. It will take over a month till I receive a check from them but due dates takes from you as soon as the clock hits 12am

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

Their customer service is absolutely horrible. I signed for a lease for my son. They were late on only one payment, and ultimately bought the vehicle. Then HFS hits my credit rating for 76 points. Amid the confusion, it is still down 50 points. Avoid them at all cost.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Cannot email them and a hold of 1/2 hour both times I tried to contact them. I purchased my leased car and have not got the title they mailed on 11/11 as of 11/29. They sent it by regular mail!! Now the rep says I have to wait till Dec 30th to call again (30 min wait, sigh!) to start the duplicate process which would take another 6 to 8 weeks!! So much for Honda Philosophy.... What is Honda philosophy? Our Philosophy is based on a fundamental belief: making our customers happy and improving their lives.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

This is the only financial institute that I have ever dealt with in 20 years that is clearly incapable of taking out customer's automatic payments on the date they are due. For that reason I will be switching automotive brands after the first of the year. Honda vehicle quality is also terrible for 2022 vehicles. What a joke Honda!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

Recently had the misfortune of having to deal with Honda Financial even though my account was closed. It appears they're holding me responsible for my son's outstanding balance even though I never signed for his car. As a company I am totally disappointed with them. The bright side of this review is that I am resolving this issue due to an exceptional employee named Alpha in the Texas office. She listened to my concerns and was patient and not condescending like the other representatives in her office. She never once threatened me and presented me with a feasible option for which I am grateful.

Steve **

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I'm about to pay off my second vehicle with Honda Financial Services. I filed BK earlier this year and reaffirmed so that Honda would continue credit reporting because I pay my payments early. I was told by the BK department that Honda and Acura policy is to delete all consumer accounts from the credit bureau as soon as they get BK notification, regardless of reaffirmation. I've never seen another company do this. It's highly unusual. So five years of payments are gone, plus I paid an attorney to reaffirm with them just for the credit reporting. I will not be purchasing another Honda. Ethics are extremely important to me, and seeing lawsuits against them time after time just demonstrates who they are as a business. Capitalism is dirty, but some are worse than others. Don't give your money to these unscrupulous people. The reviews affirm this consistently.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

The worst company out there. Beware. I’m not going into detail because it truly stresses me out. Even typing this I want to scream at them and hope this company goes down in a ditch. They will blame you for their mistakes and you’ll suffer the consequences. Better to save up over time and pay the car off yourself than actually get a loan from them. I only got a loan to “build” my credit but the opposite happened. I got so sick and tired of their mistakes I paid everything off yesterday just so I could be done with them. I want nothing to do with this company EVER.

Their systems don’t work properly, neither does auto pay and again, they will say it doesn’t work then make it so it’s YOUR responsibility and you’ll get screwed in the end. They ruined my 742 credit but I fought them and got it fixed after 3 years. Save yourself the headache. They’re absolute **. Screw you Honda Financial and stop taking advantage of people! I’m so happy I'm far, far, far away from this company. I should’ve done this long time ago but they kept telling me, "Oh don’t pay it all off at once because your credit won’t build that way." Screw building credit. I only had a 8k loan when I had paid 20k cash on the car. I was paying 300$ a month on top of that but it still became a problem because their ** systems don’t work. So screw you honda financial. Listen to the reviews and stay very far from this company.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

American Honda Financial is tarnishing the Honda Brand. The difficulties I’ve had since day one and the way they treat their customers is terrible. They have a serious problem with technology and communication. they do not care about helping resolve issues or helping customers. I have never dealt with a company Who’s employees lacked the basic ability to use their own platform, or communicate with it’s on employees.

Everyone I dealt with at American Honda Financial since 2021 cared more about passing blame, or winning some pretentious argument, than they did about taking care of fixing their own problems. They will always imply no matter what that the customer is the problem. They contradict themselves and each other, or in some cases just flat out lie, before they will admit they caused the issue. I can honestly say that American Honda Financial is the worst experience I’ve ever had and because of that I will never buy another Honda. I think that is very sad.

Communication at this company is terrible. In 2021, Honda's website took out too much money. The next day I was on hold for over three hours, then it beeped and disconnected. I called back and it took 45 minutes to get someone on the phone. In 2022, I spent over 6 hours trying to find a working phone number to Honda Financial. I ended up going to the dealership, by the time the dealership could provide a working number, Honda Financial was closed which prolonged my issue.

When I have gotten someone on the phone they would just blame their computer system or the phone. Ironically though, they also have claimed that I shouldn't have had issues with their website or their phone. I guess they can blame their system but the customer isn't allowed. They actually, until recently, had two different websites, neither of which worked for me. I can honestly say Honda Financial has been the worst company I have ever dealt with. I would rather be ran over by a Honda at this point than deal with the pretentious people at American Honda Financial.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Do not finance through American Honda. Have had the runaround by multiple representatives why I cannot make a payment online, and refused to refund a fee after my payment hadn’t gone through with them. Never have I ever seen a more unforgiving lender. Go with your bank to finance your Honda, do not do business with Honda financial as I cannot seem to get a straight answer on multiple questions I’ve had. Finance manager when purchasing the car didn’t know or tell me how stringent Honda is about the stupidest things. Now not even a year later I regret doing business with Honda financial. Refused to work with me as “the rules are the rules” and have gotten better service from places I said I’d never do business with again, I feel like. As soon as I’m able, I’m refinancing to another lender.

Honda Financial Services Company Information