Honda Financial Services

Honda Financial Services

3.9/5 (572 ratings)

About Honda Financial Services

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

Honda Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Do not finance through American Honda. Have had the runaround by multiple representatives why I cannot make a payment online, and refused to refund a fee after my payment hadn’t gone through with them. Never have I ever seen a more unforgiving lender. Go with your bank to finance your Honda, do not do business with Honda financial as I cannot seem to get a straight answer on multiple questions I’ve had. Finance manager when purchasing the car didn’t know or tell me how stringent Honda is about the stupidest things. Now not even a year later I regret doing business with Honda financial. Refused to work with me as “the rules are the rules” and have gotten better service from places I said I’d never do business with again, I feel like. As soon as I’m able, I’m refinancing to another lender.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

After paying off my car I had to jump through hoops to get my title. I had to call every day to get help and when you talk to someone the next person no one there is on the same page and you always get different answers. Don't ask to speak to a manager because you will never get one. The worst experience of my life.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

In June, our car was stolen. The insurance declared it a total loss and they paid off the account. The payoff amount the insurance paid was $200 more than the payoff amount I saw on our account/statement. I called customer service to demand explanation and I was given the runaround. At first, they said it is the gap insurance. Now it is because they charge different amounts if it is the insurance that pays for it or I pay for it. But why? At the end of the day, the amount the insurance paid was substracted from my settlement amount on the vehicle = I paid for it. What did Honda financial do extra to the insurance to warrant the $200 surcharge? Imagine they do this to every single customer, how much money are they making just off of other people's misfortune?

This is unethical and wrong. Customer service rep lied to me just to get me off the phone on 08/09. I was told that the manager triggered a refund and the check is on the way. Today, when I called, there is no check refund I should expect. I asked to speak to a manager but of course was told no one is available. I was promised a call back within 24-48 hours, which I doubt will happen. These people have no moral, they are worst than the persons who stole our car.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I paid off my lease and wanted my title expedited. Made a UPS account and gave Honda my account number and let them know to expedite it. I kept checking on the status only to find out they did not get my odometer statement I had to send it twice! I called two days later and was told my title was sent regular mail yesterday! Seriously? What more could I have done? There is no excuse for this! Now I pray I get it in a timely manner and that I actually do get it! I let them know how upset I am only to get transferred to the resolution team who could not help me and transferred me to corporate where I was waiting 45 minutes to speak to someone to be told, I do not know why she transferred you, nothing can be done!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I purchased a Honda Accord back in 2012 and worked with their financial department to get my vehicle financed. In regards to my final payment to them, Honda decided not to accept an automatic payment that was set up on the account and falsely charged me late fees and delinquency fees causing my account to show up past due. Please note through the 5 years of payments to them, my account was never past due except due to this error on their end. I was promised this would be removed from my credit report as this was a billing error on their end, however, it still has not been removed since 2017.

When I called Honda Financial Services to remove this charge, I am being told that all I can do is "mail them a letter" and that a live representative cannot help me with this. I have never worked with a lender who is this unprofessional in how billing items are taken care of. How can they not have a live agent to help with this dispute? BEWARE - do not work with their lender to finance your car. They are literally a scam and will try to make extra money off of your payments and will not connect you to a live agent to dispute any questions or concerns around the finance piece of your Honda vehicle.

Original review: May 19, 2022

I have had 8 accounts over the years with Honda Financial Services since 2008. My last account was closed in April or May of 2021. On July 16, 2021 and July 17, 2021 Honda Financial Services put unauthorized and unrequested hard credit inquiries on my Equifax credit file. I filed a dispute with Equifax and they did nothing. I filed a dispute with the FTC and they did nothing. I called Honda and they said they have no record of the hard credit inquiries and to file a dispute with Equifax and they will fix it. I have already filed a dispute with Equifax and it was not resolved at all. I talked to Equifax today and they said it is very simple for Honda Financial Services to resolve this by sending an electronic not telling Equifax to remove the credit inquiries. So now I have both companies refusing to help and saying the other has to fix this.

I'm furious and will not only never use Honda Financial Services again, I will also never buy a Honda ever again after buying 8 in 14 years. I will also leave reviews like this one everywhere I can find a place to leave one telling everyone that Honda financial services illegally accessed my credit file and refuses to admit they did it and have it remove. Avoid Honda at all costs!!!!

Original review: May 13, 2022

I purchased my car when my lease was about to expire. When I finally got someone on the phone to discuss about the refund they owed to me for the cancellation of my tire insurance three years ago, they told me I could have applied the refund to my purchase but since I have already paid the full amount I will have to call back to ask for the refund when the payment is posted. The wait time for a person to come to the phone is usually an hour if not all day. The amount should be due back to me when the last lease payment was made.

Original review: May 10, 2022

My nephew leased a 2019 Honda with the intent to buy it at the end of the lease. I co-signed the loan because his credit history was too short For him to qualify alone. He auto paid the entire lease term, and never had a late payment. I mailed the final buyout payment, as instructed, 6 days before it was due. Three weeks later, my check not cashed, I phoned customer service because that is the only way to contact them...no email or online chat. The agent (after 1 hour 20 minutes on hold) said it seemed to take an average of 5 weeks for them to process payments, no reason why. I asked her to make a note in my file so they knew I paid and the problem was on their end.

For the next 5 weeks, I got a daily prerecorded message telling me my payment was overdue....couldn’t talk to anyone, it hung up immediately. Customer service hold times were over an hour long, and it’s impossible to wait while at work. Then I started getting “return the car” demand letters. I went to the dealer, whose unhelpful response was “you should have come here to pay”. I wrote a letter and demanded a response, including them noting my payment was timely, as I knew it was going to affect my credit score.

So, 7 1/2 weeks after my on time payment was made, my check was cashed. Here’s the fun part: I have not made a late payment on anything in the last 25 years. One “30 day late payment" from my friends at Honda dropped my credit score from 850 (yup, been there for a year) to 764. That’s **....Never, ever having anything to do with Honda ever again

Original review: April 27, 2022

Honda USA does not provide loaners for safety related problems. My entire family and I have been loyal Honda customers for years. We lease 4 cars at a time and I have sent more than half a dozen people every few months. I have never seen such ignorance in my life. One of our Hondas (HR-V) has a transmission problem and A/C problem. It also burns a lot of fuel. Not sure even if it has anything to do with the recent transmission recall. Transmission won’t shift to higher gears. Have to stop and turn the car off and it goes on and on.

Car is only two years old so warranty is not a problem. Neither local Westchester County NY Honda dealerships nor Honda USA are willing to provide a loaner. Honda USA Case#**. It took few days for me to get a hold of someone at Honda USA and my dealership’s service manager (Yonkers Honda) wouldn’t even call me back. In fact denied ever hearing about this issue. This is the end of Honda for my family and I. Half the cars are due within few months. I will not be a part of this mess.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Saying I’m mad is an understatement…I had leased my Honda Civic for three years before I buying it, I had all my payments on autopay and never missed one. When my lease was over we bought the car and we were told by the accountant the autopay would remain the same. That was not the case. Before the matter got straightened out they put a delinquency on my credit score that went from 805 to 690. When I tried to dispute it they gave false accusations and would not let me speak to a manager. NEVER again will I use Honda finance!!! I worked so hard for that credit score and they blew it down in a second for something that wasn’t even my fault the payments were getting taken out of my account but still going towards the lease and not the purchase.

In the last past 5 years we have bought 3 cars, using their financing companies only with Honda it has been a nightmare. Beware before you buy. My credit score will slowly go back up, but they have definitely lost my business, my family and my friends. I hope their power trip and their lack of customer service was worth it. I will be seeking legal advice for the matter.

Honda Financial Services Company Information