Honda Financial Services
1.25/5
Based on 194 reviews that contain star ratings

Auto Warranty Expired?

Honda Financial Services

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

209 Honda Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I've been using Honda Finance for the past 17 years and over 7 cars. There has never been a problem until I traded in for a Nissan this time. So the Nissan dealer sent the payoff check on 10/2/18 by overnight mail. UPS documents prove it was received on 10/4/18. Honda still drew my monthly payment from my bank. I figured it was a timing issue and it would be refunded. When November rolled around and I continued to get billing statements, I called to see why.

Customer service rep was very helpful. He said there had been numerous errors and problems for the month of October in that department and he would initiate an investigation. I felt better but advised I couldn't afford to make 2 car payments for the civic and the new Nissan. He advised to stop the autodraft because I had 30 days before there would be a negative report made and the issue would be resolved by then.

November 26 rolls around and I am notified by collections that I'm 21 days late on payment. I explained again the situation, provided the UPS tracking number for the payment, gave the check number of the payoff check and the name, date and time of the person at Honda who received the payment. I was told to make the payment because they had not received the check. This woman was either not listening to me or was not intelligent enough to grasp that I had proof the payment was received. I requested to speak to a supervisor and was told she would put in a request and be contacted within 48 hours.

3 days go by and no callback. I called collections again and explained the circumstances- AGAIN. This woman told me I was responsible for the payment, they never received a check and could I prove that it was cashed by Honda. Well no, I have no knowledge of the check status except that it was received and documented as received so I know it is in the possession of Honda. "We have no record of that and the check wasn't received." Are you not at all concerned about what happened to a $12,000 check that is documented to be in Honda's possession? Circular, non-answers. so I requested a supervisor. I was refused access to a supervisor. She said the notes said the response was firm and I would be told the same thing by a supervisor so no, a supervisor won't call me back. But would I like to speak to one now? Yes indeed. Transferred to a dead line with no voice mail.

Called back. Requested the number for the payoff department. Put on hold for 15 minutes and was eventually told- the payoff department has no phone number but I can fax my documents to the payoff department for review. No, there is nobody specific, just fax it over and someone will magically know what it pertains to. Gave me a Region 1 fax number (didn't learn that 'til later). I requested another call back from a supervisor so I could lodge a complaint about the lack of customer service and was told the request was made. So off went the fax.

11/30 - I called the main customer service line. The woman was pleasant, helpful, concerned. Found out the fax number I was given was not the payoff department but the fax number to collections. Wonder what happened to that fax? This rep was really helpful. She verified my info was already in the computer, that there had been a problematic number of issues in October with payoffs getting accounted for and I should have the Nissan dealer issue a stop payment on the check and have them send it in the same amount and any refund due would come to me. She personally would call me on Monday to get a status update. So thank you to the actual customer service department and not the collections. They never understood that I am not responsible when they are holding the payoff check. I will not deal with them ever again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I purchased a Honda Pilot in June 2011 and am almost done paying for it. I paid the car on time until my son's jaw was broken and I had to take time out from work. He had to have emergency surgery and I called Honda explaining to them that I might be late on the next payment because I was on FMLA. The lady told me it would be fine and that I was a great customer and was never late and not to worry. The next month my credit score dropped 60 points because they reported me late. I tried to get a goodwill adjustment because I had NEVER been late out of the 4 years I had the SUV only for them to tell me they had to report correctly to the credit bureau.

I began to write letters and sent documentation only for them to now falsely report that I had been 60 days behind. I was furious. I called in and spoke to 3 different people and was advised they would fix the incorrect report, but the other one had to stay. I felt that since they messed my credit up even more they could have extended a goodwill gesture and took away the other one as well. They screwed me over twice. I hate this company and will not buy another vehicle nor will I accept HFS financing. Hopefully the more people that report these inhumane practices will cause them to train their employees on empathy.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

My entire life I only bought Hondas and been a customer with Honda for 10 years plus. My last 3 cars is when I noticed Honda steals money from your finance and your lease! I have zero APR and yet my payment every month should decrease the actual price you receive but it doesn't go decrease the exact amount you pay! There is always 25-30 added to the original balance which they steal that from you and rob you. I actually got a job at a dealer just to see how their system works and they steal the ** out of you and you have no idea what's going on. My last car they played me and I was in a very bad spot and wasn't thinking but they lied to me and they played me and they overcharged me. They traded my 2015 Civic with a 2017 HR-V and they sold the car with trade in as 31k value when the car is worth 24k. They charged me 7k extra back in March 2017.

I don't want the car anymore as from when I got it from the dealer. I had issues with it and they are refusing to take it back and they will only pay me 16K for the car and expecting me to pay the rest out of pocket. I have 24k left to pay off the car and I have to pay 8k to get out of this lease. No one will do anything about this more. They will waive some fees to help out and they are straight up **!!! Out of nowhere now they increased my monthly payment by $20 and when I talked to a manager at Honda financial services he claims that $20 is taxes but yet my base pay is 455 and taxes is 18.96 so I end up paying 474.06 and yet no way new charges is 492 and some change so they are doubling the tax payment and pocketing that money. And on top of that once you make a payment they increase the original amount by 20-30 dollars or more so they are stealing from each customer $50 a month. So look at how many billions they made stealing from customers!

They are a bunch of liars and hypocrites and right now they have 2 options! Either take this car back and we are even and no one owes anyone anything or I will contact my lawyer for violating the lease agreement and stealing from me. And I will sue Honda for 1 Billion Dollars for the headaches and damages and stress you caused me for the past 6-7 years that I been dealing with you about this mess! I will never own or buy a Honda in my life if this situation is not fixed and on top of that my cousin works for a huge media channel and I will give them my story and end Hondas reputation. So either fix this issue or good luck losing billions in lawsuits and losing trillions of customers.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have used Honda Financial Services in the past with no complaints. This time I only used Honda Financial Services to take advantage of their $500 Military Appreciation Offer which was only available through their financing. So the following amounts were basically deducted from their Appreciation amount ($20 to finance, daily interest from the date of purchase which I worked to be able to pay off at the earliest point in time equaled $67.24 = $87.24). If I waited until they sent me my first statement the amount would have been greater based my financing rate which = $3.20 a day. Overall I am not feeling Honda's appreciation. My intent was always to pay off the total amount. However, their process takes longer than it really should which cost myself and others in a similar situation any additional savings.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Honda Financial Services' way of doing business is to report your late payments to the credit bureaus. Do not do business with their financial services. Take your business to a credit union where the people are real human beings and don’t take individuals hard earnings over 1 late payment, in addition to recording late payments that will cause a bad credit rating and low credit scores.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

For almost 3 years I have been making lease payments, per contract, and always on time. I finally checked my statements and found out that they charged me a $15.00 monthly late payment fee. Not once was I late. They never even send me an invoice or notification... those greedy ** made an extra 15.00 a month... I call this fraud.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

In Dec 2017 I was hospitalized and became delinquent on my account. I informed that of my situation and they understood and worked with me. The credit manager stated they could move my payments to the end of my contract and there would be no late charge nor reported on my credit history, which I gladly agreed to and signed the appropriate document. Now the delinquency show up on my credit report which I was told this morning that it could not be removed that it was Federal law. I have been with Honda for over 15 years and never been late, but go in the hospital and they treat me like this.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I'm currently moving from NY to NC. I needed a power of attorney form and a copy of my title. They said it would take up to 3 weeks! Meanwhile my bf was able to get his emailed to him from Nissan within minutes. I called back and asked them if there was any way they could do that for me and they assured me they could not because the titles are in California. I then asked if they can send me an email stating that I am currently in the process of switching and it would take 2-3 weeks for my car insurance. The guy then said they do not have an outgoing email. My insurance company wants a copy of my new registration from NC in 5 days... Now I have no idea what to tell them. Getting a Nissan when this lease is up!!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I have never had a good experience with Honda. I am still traumatized by one call I had with a representative. She was ruthless and had no empathy, I had just lost my job, wasn't able to pay my car payment and instead of good customer service she told me and I will never forget what she said "maybe you should of bought such a luxury car." Not only was she out of line I HAVE A FREAKING HONDA CIVIC. In whose right mind is that luxury.

More recently I am trying to fix my credit to buy a house. Is the past not so good being on time with my payments, now I have been on time. This past month they send a late payment to the credit bureau WHEN I PAID ON TIME so now I'm thinking the past late payments to my credit are not accurate, all in all HONDA FINANCIAL SUCK, will continue buying Honda, refuse to work with Honda Financial in the future.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I made an error in setting up my car lease payments from my bank to my checking account when I began my lease. Even though my payments were all made on time and Honda Financial Services had taken the money from my checking account, the payments were not applied to my Honda Financial Services account because of the erroneous account number. I received no written or verbal notification that there was any problem and, as a result my car was taken from my driveway while I was away on vacation. I immediately researched my payments with my bank and called HFS.

Despite the fact that Honda Financial Services fully realized it was an honest mistake, and that the payments had been made on time, they have absolutely refused to remove a $509 charge to my account or to reimburse me for the $290 I paid for an illegal towing from my driveway. I have sent certified letters that have been ignored and all telephone requests have been denied. I am a 70-year old woman who is absolutely shocked and dismayed at such reprehensible business practices. I have had no choice but to pay the fees involved I order to buy out the lease. This is all, quite simply wrong!

Original review: July 26, 2018

We leased a 2017 Honda Accord and requested a bit more time to pay the monthly payment due to financial difficulties (as a teacher in Fresno I have not been paid in over 9 years) so they offered to delay the payment and push it back so that the lease expired a month later to make up for the missed payment. Instead we agreed to pay it on the 8th of the following month - a grace period in all contracts. That was enough for us. They will work with you if you show you want to meet your obligations, but if you want out or fail to pay you will be penalized. Entitlement ended in 2016!

Original review: July 9, 2018

Stay away from Honda Financial Services (HFS). This situation deals with my mother in-law who had made, through my advice, a purchase of a Honda CRV. Because of the vehicle’s design, it made it easier for her to maneuver getting in and out, compared to a regular sedan. And because she was sitting higher, visibility was improved also. When the purchase was made, back in 2014, she was already in her early eighties. She took out a five year loan through HFS.

She had elected to have statements of payment mailed to the house. HFS also had her cell and home phone numbers. She never failed to make her monthly payments. After 38 months of not missing a single payment and they were always on time, she receives a phone call on her cell from HFS that her account was forwarded to a collection agency for non-payment and her car was going to be re-possessed. This was a complete shock!! She didn’t understand what was going on. HFS had stopped sending her the monthly statements indicating payment is due. That was her only source of knowing when payment was due.

Her memory has been slipping. She may have inadvertently agreed, by checking a questionnaire box, to go paperless, or HFS just decided to stop the mailings on their own, she doesn’t remember. HFS was sending her a phone number with a recording, to her cellphone. She doesn’t answer her cell phone with numbers that she doesn’t recognize. She barely knows how to use a smartphone and she does not know how to play back a recorded message. HFS made no attempt to contact her in any other way other than her cellphone.

HFS does not care about their customers. They didn’t even have the decency to give my mother in-law a chance to respond to the notice and correct the payment oversight, before having the collection agency tow away her car. They are about as low as you can get. It’s as though they set her up for this. She was required to pay for services and fees on top of the 3 lapsed payments. Needless to say, even though our family purchased Hondas in the past (they do make a good product) we will never purchase one again. And if Honda’s sales plummet, their HFS department may be the reason!

Original review: June 25, 2018

We have been Honda customers for over a decade as a family. However due to their gross misconduct in a recent car purchase we are in the process of discontinuing our relationship with Honda. 14 days after the contract was signed we were told on the phone that financing was obtained thru Honda themselves. However, several days later a letter was received (not certified mail) stating they were rescinding the contract. The day we purchased the car was a nightmare; they actually called us after leaving the dealership (couldn't agree to terms) and convinced us to return and drive back as they were going to do the deal. We had a Honda trade in as well. I will say from experience that in the last 7-9 years Honda has gone away from customer satisfaction to a corporate money hungry dealership. Seeking attorney to fight this!

Original review: June 14, 2018

When leasing a car from Honda Financial Services, they discuss the benefit of all leases carry GAP cover in the event your car is totaled during the term of the lease. However, Honda’s GAP coverage is not a true GAP insurance, it is an internal division of Honda Financial. I had a Honda under lease which was involved in an accident and was totaled by the insurance company. Honda listed the pay-off amount as $12,742.04. The insurance settlement was $13578.00 with a $1000 deductible, so paid Honda Financial $12,578.00. This left a balance of $164.94.

Honda Financial is now sending me a bill for the $164.04 that the GAP overage on their lease program should have covered. When I call and ask about the balance, I am informed since their GAP coverage is internal it is not like other GAP insurance policies and they do not pay anything towards the insurance deductible and the outstanding balance is viewed as part of the deductible. This was after a previous conversation I had with the same department following the accident, where the representative informed me they were notified by the insurance company that the vehicle was totaled and the GAP coverage would take care of any remaining balance, so I would have no further financial obligation on the lease agreement. This needs to be corrected and this balance needs to be taken care of by the GAP.

Updated on 06/30/2018: In May 2018 my daughter was involved in an accident in our leased Honda. The insurance company determines the car to be a total loss and made payment to Honda financial. Honda Financial shows me still owing the full amount, does not indicate the insurance payment and shows me behind on payments. This has resulted in Honda Financial harming my credit rating by them falling reporting late payments on my credit. They have also been harassing me with multiple collection phone calls on a daily basis.

I have spoken with representatives several times and informed them that I had spoken with the Total Loss Department who has confirmed they received the insurance payment. After the representatives ask me to hold and check their system, they inform me I am correct and they will note my account. However, my account continues to show me over 2 months past due, I still have late payments on my credit and I continue to receive multiple daily phone calls from them.

It is time for Honda Financial to be held responsible for the harassing behavior and lack of customer care. They misrepresent the GAP coverage they offer in their lease as an insurance coverage but it is actually an internal department. They advertise on their website that the GAP they offer pays up to $1001 towards the deductible, yet the statement they have in their contract states it does not pay towards the deductible. Honda Financial is dishonest and uncaring. I wish to pursue legal representation for the damage they have done to my credit and for the harassing behavior.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I will spare you the details but after taking a personal loan, paying off the car, giving them a FedEx # and calling them 11 times in 3 days. I still cannot get someone to give me a tracking number or tell me when I can get a tracking number to track when FedEx will deliver the title. Their process is broken and nobody really sees to care. I'm sure they heard it all before and are now tone deaf to any complaints or changing their process. NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER, USE HONDA FINANCIAL. I rather have all my fingernails pulled off than go through this process. At least that would be over quick. I'm sure writing this review means nothing because people will still blinding use their service, which is why they refuse to improve. IF zero was a score, I would use it.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Website constantly down. I suggest setting up autopay because there's a 75% chance the website will be either down entirely or showing errors when you try to pay. I've had to call them to set up payments because the website was offline a few days before it was due.

Original review: June 7, 2018

After paying off my auto loan, I called Honda Finance Customer care for title release. Initially they said it will take 14 days. When I requested them to expedite the process, as I was planning to sell my car, they asked me to 1. fax a copy of the payment debited in my bank account. 2. My FedEX account number (as I requested for Overnight Shipping). Within 2 days, I received my title.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Honda Financial Services website is very difficult to set-up auto pay with. So I paid up 6 months and then paid month-by-month. Honda Financial Services claimed that I missed a payment this spring, I made up the payment the very next month paying $500 dollars and the subsequent month paying 563.00. Only because the website would NOT allow me to put in any other numbers. I called trying to pay the $314 while I could investigate the $500 and the $563.00 but the operator also would not take less than those amounts each month. Adding both months together this comes out to 444.69 and surpasses the 314.47 payment missed the month prior. I was overcharged 130.22. Then I was turned me into the Credit Bureau and it lowered my credit score.

My next dispute, I cancelled my Honda Care and I was told only 173.00 was be returned. Neither was it applied to the month of May where is should have for 173.00 but neither was it returned to me. However, instead when I called Honda Financial Services I was told it was kept as a security deposit. I asked why two years into my lease was I now being charged with a security deposit? After waiting 15 minutes, the representative told me it was in case damages were found on the car when it is returned.

I then said I would buy the car, then the representative said I wouldn’t qualify to refinance the car. I went to a Honda dealership to purchase the car and I was told that Honda Financial Services turned me into the credit bureau this preventing me from buying the car at the Honda dealership. Also, after stating I would buy the car, my payoff increased by a thousand dollars? My payments are up to date. I am writing a letter disputing the charges. I DO NOT RECOMMEND LEASING A HONDA.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I paid off my Honda Odyssey in full yet Honda Financial refuses to release the title for 15 business days to ensure payment clears. 15 days is totally unreasonable. Cleared payment should be no more than 2-3 business days for ACH clearance. This amounts to financial fraud. Honda is holding my property against my will illegally. Honda has lost a customer for life. Never I will I buy or finance a Honda due to this. The result? I was attempting to sale my vehicle -- now I've lost a buyer and time.

Original review: April 17, 2018

DO NOT. I REPEAT...DO NOT EVER GET A LOAN THROUGH HONDA FINANCIAL SERVICES. Their record keeping is horrible. They take money out of your account whenever they feel like it. I have payment records that they say they never received. Several requests have been made to receive paper statements and they don't follow through. I make a request for a paper statement and they send an e-mail thanking me for updating my request to have statement sent via e-mail. They are as crooked as they come. If I could give them 0 stars I would. I don't know why a class action suit hasn't been filed against this company.

Original review: April 15, 2018

For the past two years I have been leasing. I setup the auto pay and did not miss a single payment. I decided to switch my auto pay to the beginning of the month. I called a Honda representative and was reassured that the switch had been made. A month later I look at my credit score and realized it dropped 105 points. I realized that my set up for the auto pay was removed. Complete incompetence! Not only did I have to pay late fees but was also reported to the credit bureau for the 30 day (105 point DECLINE). Honda also FAILED TO INFORM ME that I was late on ONE PAYMENT!!!

Original review: April 13, 2018

I leased a Civic car 36 months from HONDA. Wrongfully they have reported 2 late items for my account which I was never late. I have always paid ahead, so in October 2017 I sent them a check payment to pay off the entire lease amount because I had issues with their online services and they reported late for October. The 2nd was a clear retaliation for the fact I did not renew my lease with them. I returned the lease and was told that I will get my final receipts which I never got. I got 2 separate letters that had were NOT the receipt and I needed the final bill to pay off.

Their agent called me so when told her that haven’t received the final bill I was told she would send it and I never got it. I actually went online to check the status and I could not make what I owed. When I ran my credit it was discovered that they put late charges on the account. I called them right away and paid what they demanded, but they do not want to remove wrong credit reporting because I did not renew the lease. Before when I had the lease active and called Honda Financial they were always nice, but not this time around. They were very rude, loud and unprofessional. I asked for a Supervisor twice and they refuse to have me talk to one. NEVER EVER WILL I BUY OR LEASE HONDA!!!

Original review: April 13, 2018

Never Honda finito. Honda don`t buy or lease a car from this company. I was client for 12 years because I didn't renew a lease with Honda. They killing my credit report, they send a lease fee return to my old address. Stupid people. I give my 3 address but the stupid send the fee to pay to the first 1 like 9 years old 1, so they put me on collection. Thank God we check our credit score. This how I discover this late fee, I made a payment and this crooks company keep sending negative credit report on me, no more Honda... Honda Financial.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I picked up a certified pre-owned Honda Civic Si 6 speed at a fantastic 0.9% interest rate due to a promotion they were running. My bank could not come close to matching this rate so it was a no brainer. After I set up autopay, that was about the only interaction I had with HFS other than a couple of random courtesy calls asking me to rate my experience. While their website and online account management system is far from intuitive and state of the art, it's totally functional and always operated without any issues. I get a text message each month when my payment is taken out, but the process is entirely paperless and on auto pilot if you so desire, no different really than other bills you might have on auto-pay (cable, electricity, etc.).

It would appear as though many of the folks here who have encountered issues experienced them as a result of purchasing more vehicle than they could afford. This is always a mistake. If your car payment is too large of a chunk of your take home pay, it does not take too many financial speed bumps before you are in big trouble. Any creditor is going to be problematic for you. Live within your means is the primary lesson to be learned there. As for me, I have really enjoyed owning my Civic Si. It's a nice sporty 6 speed manual that still gets decent enough gas mileage to be a good daily. It's also been bomb proof and has had no major mechanical issues other than routine maintenance. I could totally see myself getting another Honda next year when my current one is paid off, and I would not hesitate to consider HFS again if they would be willing to offer me a similarly attractive interest rate that I have on my current one.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

My son was late and I agree he was like but I was told I was contacted twice to tell him to catch his payments up and I did this but I was never told that it was affecting my credit. I was told it could affect my credit now while I'm trying to refinance my house. My credit rating went from 720 to 570. If I was told they were sending it to the credit bureau I would have caught him up myself but he told me he was making payments and I knew he did but I was never told how far behind it was. I was never told what was owed and now my credit is screwed. To me that is the sorriest way to do business I have ever seen. My credit was great. I've never missed a payment on nothing and even the loan officer has said that my portion was perfect but now because I Honda Finance not letting me know the correct information my credit is screwed and I directly blame Honda Finance.

I called them and asked him, “Could I get this fixed that I would pay off his amount,” and I did pay off his amount and they said, “Well pay first and then we'll see what we can do,” so I paid and immediately told me, “All there's nothing you can to get done we can't fix it.” Thanks a lot Honda Finance. I can't even reach you with a whole star. If I could go negative I would write a negative report. You are the sorriest company I have ever seen and I had a vehicle to Honda Finance and I paid it off ahead of time. Never missed a payment but I tell you what you don't have to worry. You will never have me as a customer. I guarantee that you're the sorriest company there has ever been. I will tell everyone I know not to ever use Honda Finance and I'm 65 and I have a hell of a lot of friends and if anyone ask me and if they even if they don't ask I'm going to tell him about Honda Finance.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I was 2 months and 5k miles into my lease when I started to notice a loud screeching sound coming from my engine. I brought the car in and the mechanics reassured me it was just my power steering and it was nothing to worry about. Well, 32k miles later it became a $2,000 dollar problem and since I was over my mileage (was planning on financing after the lease) it came out of my pocket. I was also contacted by a Honda Financial Services Rep and he was extremely rude. He sounded like he hated his life. I like to think that maybe his Honda was giving him issues like mine was. Bottom line, Honda isn't what it used to be and I'm switching over to Toyota. I'm also spreading the word to family, friends and acquaintances, in regards to Honda's deceptive practices. I plan on selling my Honda Accord Sport and use that money to put a down payment on a Toyota Camry.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Just wanted to say that my experience with Honda Financial it have been awesome, got a brand new car, and had to take couple of extra weeks to make my payment and helped and understand completely. Also when I got my car, they suggested an insurance called gap, in case I got in an accident, or won't be able to work, that will cover my payment. I'm really happy! Thanks Honda Financial!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I bought a motorcycle and was told that Honda has a good Gap that would total cover my losses in case of theft or accident. Honda Financial forgot to process my Gap Insurance, the one they advertise on their website. I total my bike in an accident, then I contact Honda, they could not find my Gap insurance at all, they gave me their number. I called but they did not had me on their files, so 4 months after the accident they gave me the name of a Fraudulent Gap Insurance that refused to pay, took months to process my claim, did not pay the Bike as it was total.

I request that Honda would come and take the Bike, Honda said they did not want the Bike, Honda ruined my perfect credit of 813 and now they want me to pay my remaining balance of $5000, when if they had the proper insurance it should be covered, and they falsely advertise on their web page about what their Gap Insurance cover. I want them to fix it, clean my credit and stop calling me. They refuse to put anything in writing. Everything has to be over the phone where one cannot prove what they said, shame on them... Where is the state attorney???

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My mother passed away unexpectedly after surgery in Sept. 2017. I called Honda Financial Services to return her leased 2015 Civic which had less than 7k miles. Pick up services took the car and 2 months later a statement arrives stating she owed $4000.00 and change. Honda Financial sold the car looking to get $13000 or 14000 and got high $9000.00. They wanted my mom who passed away to pay the difference of what they didn't get from a lease? which would have ended in June 2018. Myself and my family is still going through the tough unexpected loss and they're looking to get money from a car they sold and didn't get the money they were trying to get? IT WAS A LEASE. She didn't buy the car. Talk about taking advantage of a upsetting situation. HONDA Financial should be ashamed. They decided to sell the car at an auction. Not my mom or my family. You made your money! Stop the greed.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

This is the first time I have felt so compelled to actually get on here and file a complaint on a business and get the word out. This is a customer service AND billing/collections complaint. I also made a BBB report regarding customer treatment and will do with other organizations. I have been on time with everything up until I ran into issues stemming from my accident December of 2016. Therapy, the ability not to work as much due to pain/therapy... I have been finally trying to get back on my feet, but things got tough and I juggle recovery and being a single mom. I was able to notify most companies and have arrangements worked out.

However, Acura Honda financial has only made harassing calls to my family, talked down to me, and threaten me, saying there was nothing they could do to help with payments unless I caught it all up in 10 days. Even after explaining things are already tough and we just got hit by a hurricane, there was little sympathy. I was able to make one payment, called and spoke with a Robin. Now I know it says calls are recorded and I implore a higher up or this company to review that call. I was insulted to tears after hanging up. I was told I need to "look inside at myself as to why this is happening to me", "I need to help myself before I can get help", "Ask family for money, or I am not doing enough"... It goes on and on.

I am a single mom that works hard, trying to recover (I actually have medical proof and my attorney info as I have a trial pending for my injuries), just had a hurricane hit, and was asking for help. I have never been so talked down to, insulted, or disrespected. This woman should not have a job. All I asked for was help to keep my car during this difficult time not get insulted and degraded for my hardship. I implore someone at that company to pull that call!!! This company is a nightmare. Be warned, I was lied to from the get-go at the dealership too and being overcharged too.

Honda Financial Services Company Information