Honda Financial Services

Compare Auto Loan Companies

Research top Auto Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I am a four time Honda customer. I've leased 3 CR-Vs and recently purchased a 2017 Pilot Ex-L. After 9 years of paying $300 per month plus fees and $43K for the Pilot, HFS is trying to gouge me for turn in fees and three remaining months on my last lease. Part of the fault lies with my sales person at Apple Honda. She knew that I assumed there would be lease forgiveness as with my past leases. But for the sake of a sale she did not tell me otherwise.

They are trying to bill me for $975. I spoke to their customer service but they care little for brand loyalty and don't care if I ever do business with them again. I paid for the Pilot cash out of my money market. I own two homes that are paid for and I have all the credit cards I need. So, the fact that they lowered my credit score by 120 points doesn't phase me in the least. When I am ready to trade in this Pilot I will pay cash again but I will be buying anything BUT a Honda. In fact, I just bought my granddaughter a 2014 Ford Escape. If not for their penny pinching stupidity, that would have been a CR-V.

Terrible service especially from the management team. Scott ** and Joe ** are 2 biggest crooks and liars. On 09/04/17 I went to return my lease and they had all kinds of excuses not to accept the car. First, Scott told me that I needed to have an appointment even though I called their corporate to make sure and was told that no appointment is necessary. Then they told me they don't accept returns on the weekend or holiday. After all the arguments, Scott told me that the person who is in charge of returns will be there in 2 hours and made me come back.

When I came back the sales rep Kevin was very rude, started arguing with me and told me that if I didn't like their rules, I needed to get the hell out of there. When I told him that he cannot treat me and talk to me like that, he told me that he shouldn't even help me, threw paperwork on the desk, walk out and called me a "**". My husband was outside taking the plates off and when he come back he was looking for Kevin so he can apologize to me and Joe and Scott were trying to cover up for him, lying even more by saying that they sent him home.

After all the paperwork was completed and we were about to leave, we noticed Kevin walked in to the manager's office and that's when my husband made him apologize to me in front of everybody. This is unacceptable. Kevin should not be working in customer service and has to go through anger management sessions, I hope Honda offers that. I've been with that Honda for 9 years and never had to experience the humiliation as I did today. They will definitely not have my business ever again. I will be calling corporate and HR department to make sure the above listed employees are held responsible for their actions.

At the end of the lease term, you are made aware that if you do not lease or buy another Honda you will be assessed a turn in fee. Loyal customers will get this fee waived. So, I am penalized because I chose not to stay with Honda? However, Honda did not give me any reason to stay. Shouldn't I be rewarded or convinced to stay with Honda other than the threat of a fee? Instead I was offered the same type of car but $100 more a month. I have been a loyal Honda customer for over 10 years and still have a leased Honda in my driveway. Once this lease is up, I will never buy or lease another Honda again. Yes, I understand the turn in fee is part of the contract I signed, but it is very disappointing to see a prominent establishment penny pinch to try to get their customers to stay with them.

I have been a long term customer of Honda - 3 leased cars… never been late even for a single time in the past 10 years. Lately leased a new 2017 Honda Accord at around end of Dec. 2016 and made first month's payment. In January I had a medical emergency due to having a brain stroke and ended up in the hospital for couple of months. Upon coming home found out that I missed Jan payment, I called to HFA to make the late payment and get setup on monthly auto-debit option... since then monthly payments are being auto drawn out of bank account on-time. Now I’m in the middle of buying another, more affordable house but noticed showing a late payment and having a hard time to qualify for the mortgage.

Today I tried to call HFA 3 times to explain my situation and to see if they could help with doing one time goodwill adjustment... but HFA customer service seemed to be so inhuman an of touch and appeared just dummy robots. Sometimes circumstances do happens in one's life which are beyond any one's control… both times they hung up my call and refused to even listen to me properly... now I’m helpless, such a misconduct might be an acceptable norm in Japan or Korea but not in America... Never going to buy another Honda ever again!!!

So... to start I want to clarify that this is a review for HONDA FINANCIAL SERVICES or HFS (not the dealer I went through). After signing my lease, and it was processed through HFS, I registered my account and I'd already set up my automatic payments. The Planet Honda dealer messed up and needed to "adjust" the numbers on my leasing contract after they'd already processed the first version of the contract with Honda financial to open my account. When HFS processed that correction to my contract, they closed that original account without giving me notice. After that account was closed and I no longer had access to it as they opened a new one, they still processed the scheduled payments from the old closed account. And my new updated account said there was still payment due! They wanted me to pay them twice and hope I didn't notice. That was at the START of my lease.

Later my car was totaled in an accident and the at fault insurance company contacted Honda Financial Services to get the payoff amount for my lease. HFS proceeded to CLOSE MY CURRENT ACCOUNT AGAIN LIKE THEY DID BEFORE WITHOUT GIVING ME NOTICE. I could not log on to cancel scheduled payments. And OF COURSE, despite them having already closed my account, they STILL processed an automatic payment that was scheduled. So on top of my payoff amount, they're trying to get another months payment without a second thought.

It should be standard that a lease or loan holder is notified when his or her account is being changed in anyway. And if HFS decides that an account holder should no longer have access to any account, then they should also assume they themselves no longer have access to any BANK ACCOUNTS associated with that account until the account and payment schedule is made AVAILABLE to the account holder. I claimed fraud with my bank the first time, and they were able to quickly fight the charge and pay me back. Hopefully the same can be done this time around... Unbelievable... Honda's Financial Services are ridiculously outdated, and their hours of operation are in complete disregard to the availability of the actual customers they are meant to serve. Never again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Their system is out dated. You have to call between 9 am-5 pm Monday-Friday and I guess 90% of society are working at that time. They don't have a chat or anything and they expect you to fax or mail important information instead of dealing with the Acura dealer that sold you car. When I moved states it was the worst experience ever since I was getting charge property taxes for like 10 months because they could not figure how to fix the problem, I was received a fee for decal too from my previous state and I did all the required paperwork at the DMV and County. I did a buyout on my lease and until this day Acura couldn't figure it out where is their car and I return it to an Acura Dealership. Acura is trying to do luxury leases and all the top notch companies (Audi, Benz, BMW) are always taking care of their customers 100%. Acura no more!

My father leased a car in November 2016. He told the sales person he was terminally ill with cancer and just wanted to drive a new car before he died. The salespeople told him when he passed away his daughter (me) could just turn in the car. When my Dad passed away in May 2017 I called Honda Financial to turn in the car. I explained my Dad passed away May 2017 and my Mom also passed away January 2017 so it's been a terrible year so far. I also explained I have a lease with Honda.

They told me there was nothing they could do and I would have to pay the lease off or sign the car over to someone to get rid of the car. I requested a copy of the lease multiple times and finally had to have my lawyer contact them to get a copy of the lease. Finally my lawyer reviewed the lease and found there is no death clause in the lease. Honda STILL will not return my calls or my lawyers. This has been a NIGHTMARE in such a hard time for me

I had leased a 2016 Honda Odyssey of which I was involved in a motor vehicle accident 1 year later that rendered the vehicle a total loss. The insurance company paid $24,908 of the $26,534 owed and after some payments I made, there was a balance of $1,164.21. Due to financial difficulties at the time, I could not make a full payment of the balance but was making partial payments. As of June 1st the balance was reduced to $937.21. The payments were accepted without any rejection or return of payment. Prior to the accident, I was never late nor missed any payments on the lease.

Without any warning, Honda Financial Services sent me two letters dated June 1st and June 3rd. I did not receive them until June 9th. The first letter said my debt was charged off for failing to fulfill my "contractual obligation" and was being sent to collections. No explanation was provided for what this meant. The second letter, dated June 3rd, said I had 15 days to pay the debt. Relying on the second letter, I paid it in full on June 18 and called on June 19th to have them remove the charge off from my credit reports. The representative was rude from the start saying they called and told me I had to pay it in full. I never received a call or letter prior to June saying if I did not pay the balance I was going into collections.

He said they spoke to my wife, but she was never told that if full payment wasn't made by June 1st, the debt was being charged off and going into collections. When I tried to explain the reasons for the delay and that I paid it off once I had the ability to do so (which was also within the 15 days demanded in Honda Financial's letter) the representative's response was "Not my problem". He refused to remove the charge off and said I could not speak with a supervisor. The representative also denied having any information of Honda Finance sending me the June 3rd letter that gave me 15 days to pay off the balance. I faxed it over to him but of course got no response.

Based on their fraudulent and misleading representations my credit score was lowered 90 points. I paid off the balance within the time specified in Honda Financial's letter and its response to me was essentially "We don't care" and "Not my problem". Honda Financial Services' attitude was demeaning to me as a consumer who was never late on payments prior to the accident and continued making payments even after the vehicle was rendered a total loss. I will never purchase or lease a Honda again and would recommend anyone that may anticipate some future financial difficulties to avoid buying or leasing a Honda at all costs.

I set up my automatic payments to be deducted from my account back in February, 2017 when I leased the car from Honda. So far, they have screwed up my payment every month. I have to call every month to fix the date and get transferred several times to people who have NO idea what they are doing. I've spent an hour on your website, twice, to try to fix it myself, been told by your people everything was set, only to find out it was still screwed up the next month... again. I am ready to return the car rather than go through this every month. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced ANYWHERE! Never again!

Honda sold me a car for $23.231.88. They WOULD NOT WHATSOEVER COME DOWN ON THE PRICE, but now that I have lost my job due to a injury, I went back and ask if they would buy back the car, and they said they would for $17.000. So I asked why only $17.000 when I paid $ 23.000 for it, and their reply was the car is not worth that much since I drove it off the lot... WOW what a rip-off. Honda dealers are crooks and I bet if they would have bought it back, THEN they would have sold it for at least $21.000. People spread the word that Honda dealers are crooks and WILL RIP YOU OFF.

We leased a brand new CRV TOURING 2016. After a year of having the car and always paying on time, we moved to Massachusetts. Honda Financial Services took almost 2 months to send us our title, then they decided to increase our monthly payment by $25 per month for "sales tax". When we had already paid it upfront in the state we originally bought it in. They even sent us letters acknowledging this but yet they would not fix their error. No matter how much you try. Needless to say, we put in our Mercedes as a trade in when we got their Honda, which costed about $7,000 total. We got totally ripped off. Never again! Lesson learned! They are the most difficult to deal with over the phone. They do not care at all! It was a huge mistake to buy a Honda! Any attorneys who can help, please contact me. Thank you.

Late Payment - I normally don't ever write reviews, but after the experience I had with 2 young ladies on the phone today I had no choice. Long story short I had been really sick and even went on to give who was suppose to be "supervisor" my issue and why I was late and she pretty much gave me the "Oh well that's the risk you take." My feelings was more hurt than anything vs. upset because the situation that I am in is not one that anyone in this world would want to be in. Yes I understand my responsibilities, but I was in a situation where it put me in a position of not taking care of my obligations on top of yesterday being a holiday and I attempted to make my payment via card and it would not take it and I wasn't able to get anyone on the phone.

I asked to speak to Anastasia's supervisor and she transferred me to a voicemail. I laughed inside, but deep down I'm disgusted due to my daily functions are Quality Assurance and to be the consumer this time and to be spoken to like that has left a bad taste in my mouth. I have been dealing with mess from the 1st day I purchase the car, but everyone has been nice about it and guided me to what I could do to keep myself from being 30 days past due. Again not sure what results I am looking for, but this kind of service is uncalled for and people should not speak to consumers or anyone that way.

I bought a Honda CR-V from Honda of Tysons Corner in Aug 2015 - bundled - around 3000$ for Support services. Dealer told the support is for 5 years and it will be refunded in Pro-rated if cancelled. Sold it in Sept2016 - closed the Loans (no Lien). In Aug 2016 when I cancelled the Support the dealer said I will get the refund after 40+ weeks, in Apr 2017.

I spoke the Support Contractor JMA Group - who after confirming my VIN confirmed 79.016% of Refund Approved. (They confirm the % and NOT the amount). That is around 4 years refund approved - $3000 X 4/5 = around 2400$). But I got the check from Honda only for $683. - Who took the difference of around $1717? Dealer or Honda Financial Service.

(I closed the Honda Financial Services loan in Jan2016 and moved to DCU - which I closed in Sep2016). This is a Horrible experience... 4 Years Refund has been Approved by JM&A Group but it has NOT reached me, in between taken by Dealer or Honda Financial Services - UNETHICAL Practice from HONDA. No response from the Dealer for my Queries.

When you lease a car they do not explain to you and let you know about the "penalty fee". The so called early termination fee... they don't care if you return the car and do the payment in full one year in advance. They will re-sale the car, do a double profit and will charged you no matter what the "penalty fee", and worst customer service experience ever.

Worst experience ever! Make one late payment and they report you to credit bureau and lower down my credit score by 100 points!! This is just ridiculous! Called them and nobody is willing to help because they don't give a **! Will never ever buy another Honda again in my life! Please stay away from Honda!

I purchased a Honda Accord in 2014. I have never missed a payment as it is on autopay. I live out of the country part of the year. I returned today and imagine my surprise... There was a summons for me from Honda. It was given to my niece as I use her mailing address. Pictures were taken and I guess had my car been there it would have been repoed as I have a repossession charge on my account.

I just looked at the payments on the HFS site. My auto payments have been on the 23/24 depending on the day of the week. Imagine my surprise (and heart palpitations) when I see that since January they have been charging me late payment fees (and now a repo fee) on the 6th. I have never missed a payment. If they changed the due date I had no idea. And, they want to REPO the car.

I have been a lover of HONDA but that has NOW changed. I have owned 4 Hondas in the States and 4 Hondas out of the country. I am furious. It is Saturday night and I just returned from overseas, and can't sleep, and can't contact the ** until Monday. Couldn't a human look at my account and figure out what happened? NO... just repo the car. I am selling my Honda as soon as I can.

On May 3, 2017 Honda cashed a check for over $15,000 sent from my credit union for full payment of my Honda CRV and when I call to inquire about my title the reps lie to me. Today is May 19, 2017 and I still do not have my title and cannot obtain my license tags.

When my husband Dana and I initiated auto-pay for Honda Financial Services we were given the option to choose the date the automatic deduction would take place for the monthly payment. We chose the 12th and yet - it hasn't come out on the 12th in the last two months. Also - the "Pending Payments" section of their website one would think it would list a pending payment for the month you are in. Oh no - it only tells you that the next month a payment is pending instead!! It isn't pending for taking out next month. This is ridiculous. If this company ever lists a late payment on our credit reports for what they screwed up we will have to take action against Honda. They obviously do not have a handle on customer service when one waits so long to speak with a live person. It's absurd.

To make a very long and exhausting story short, the terms I agreed to were based on verbal statements that I would not have to pay anything additional out of pocket after the total loss of my vehicle. Everything I was told and reassured of in regards to the way it works with a total loss, ended up to be false. Up until today, I continue to address my concerns and feel like I continue to be disregarded. The experience that I had with the dealership for my lease was honestly one of the best, after I have leased many different vehicles throughout the years, and through different companies. The experience I have had with the Honda Financial department has been on my worst experiences ever.

From what I read, it really sounds like many people buy cars they can't afford. Why oh why would you put yourself in that position?? There are cars on Craigslist all day that are decently priced. And now they are crying all over the internet about Honda Finance. I haven't had a problem and since I went under-budget, my payment have been going from the bank automatically to Honda Finance. Thanks to the Good Lord that I accept the position I'm in. I don't want a Honda. I want an Audi A5 but I'll wait because I don't want to be part of the pool of cry babies on here! Parents included! My boy has a 98 Toyota period! And I have a 16 Accord EX and that's it, PERIOD!

Worst experience ever in dealing with any financial institution. Very poor and unfocused communication, and typically not in writing calling into question their accountability. Either very unorganized or evasive culture that I found not to resolve anything with ease that appeared to move at the pace of molasses leaving you anxious for months. My context here is the process after the loss of my leased vehicle. The coordination process after determining the payoff amount with my insurance company on a specific date after the loss was abysmal. After the Tri-Party (Honda Finance, My Insurance Co, and myself) discussion and the paperwork execution with my insurance company, I was expressly asked by Honda Financial Services (HFS) to stop all lease payment - which I did. Of course, HFS would not communicate any of this in writing.

I received Lease Payment demand (for failing to pay under the expressed HFS instructions) and I called HFS, who advised me to ignore the demand. Upon expressing my concerns regarding impact of non-payment on my credit, I was informed that "Credit Reporting was suspended" under the circumstance. Another demand came with notification of being late. Again, I was asked to ignore. And... again... and again I kept on receiving statement of payment demands with cumulative charges and delinquency indications. I had desired for them to stop the cumulative lease payment accruals while payoff coordination was in works and I was already asked not to pay any further lease payments. The latest letter I received amounted to a pre-collection agency demand.

Every time I call asking why the account balance is cumulatively increasing whereas the lease is no longer active (under the payoff coordination process - dragging on for months), I was still informed that I no longer owed any lease payments except for any settlement balance (Insurance Company total loss amount, Pay-off amount, Gap Insurance amount, and my insurance deductible) that may be due. They were only stating that credit reporting has been suppressed and provide no response on why lease payment demand has continued - cumulatively months after months despite instructions from HFS to ignore. I am very credit conscious and their dealing certainly causes me to have frayed nerves. HFS would not answer the question of how do they plan to zero out the account balance when they close after the final settlement of the vehicle pay-off.

To me the Lease Payment demand (based on how it appears to work at HFS) is a separately occurring periodic event scheduled until the end of the lease while the vehicle pay-off is a value of the vehicle at the time of the loss and for title settlement. This has caused me to be concerned about the still accumulating unpaid lease payment that HFS may demand long after the settlement of the vehicle loss. HFS has not satisfactorily answered the question if they plan to take any positive action to neutralize the accumulating lease payment charges in the account to show up at a later date. I wonder if there is any ulterior motive driving this behavior.

Bought a Honda Odyssey for my daughter's family last year. After more than a year I'm still trying to resolve the negative credit reports from Honda Financial Services. A month after my purchase the dealership (a whole other review) called my daughter and asked where the car was. They were going to come and get it. I called them and they told me I needed to sign a new contract. Honda Finance wouldn't accept it. After three weeks of trying to find out why (many calls) they told me the typeset wasn't perfectly in the form boxes. Funny, I could read my carbon copy (yes, carbon copy) just fine. Because of this they reported to the credit companies that I was late on my payments.

Whenever I tried to call Honda Finance I had wait forever. After a number of frustrating calls I asked if it was okay to record the conversation. All four of the rude customer reps I spoke to on different occasions said "no" and hung up. Interesting, as they have a recorded notice at the beginning of the call saying, THEY are recording. Four months later my daughter moved and her mail was not forwarded. Honda wasn't sending emails to them. But as a co-signer I received an email telling me I would be reported to the credit companies if I didn't pay. I paid over the phone. They applied my payment to someone else's account and reported me. I called them when I found out from my credit monitoring company that I was reported and they admitted their mistake but never did anything to remove the ding from my credit. I just found out they didn't do what they promised and they no longer give a phone number to call.

Horrible service!!! You wait to speak with representative forever! You can't pay with your credit card. I received my final bill on Saturday, paid it on Monday and in a week I received a threatening notice about collection department. When I called my bank, it was Honda Financial Services did not want to accept paper checks, only electronic. Not my fault!!! Would not recommend to deal with them.

Consumer Increased Rating!

2015 I co-signed for my son on a new Civic. Sunday 4-12 the car was repossessed. Well my son called me on Monday. Yah I was mad so I called Honda as he was told to have me call. I talked with a female and she asked for info which I gave her. I asked her about getting car back. She said it goes to a board and they make that decision in 3 days. Ok.

The next day I called to get questions answered. I spoke to a male who didn't give a ** about anything, said the board said no, would not get car back. He was late 7 times since June16 and behind 3 payment now. Well shame on him, but I told him I was co-signer and Honda only contacted me 1 time about him being late. If I had known I would have paid the payments. He stated sorry, the board decided and that is that. Even called Della Honda to see if they could help. 2 calls. Had to leave 2 messages (because they were busy). Did not return my calls. So buyers and co-signers beware. Honda wants your business but that's where it stops. No compassion, no understanding, and people who are puppets.

HORRIBLE!!! I can go on and on about the absolute worst service ever possible from the service department to headquarters. After being screwed on the price of my first vehicle with Honda which was a CRV I had problems with the engine right off the bat, after I had taken it up to Bianchi Honda 4 times to get looked at. Every single time I was turned away and they said there was nothing they could do, despite the 3,000 dollars I spent on their extended warranty.

After about 3 years the engine went on me and I still owed money on the car, then I was between a rock and a hard place. I had to lease a Honda Accord off of them because it was the only way out. NEVER lease a vehicle off of Honda unless you plan on being a customer for life. If you decide to buy a car somewhere else after your lease is up, they will do everything in their power to screw you. You will receive a completely different inspection then if you buy another car off of them you will be charged a $350 return fee for them having to park the car or transport it somewhere, plus you will probably have to miss work for the inspection because the times are a 4-hour window.

Every time I was in Honda for service I had experienced a serviceman come into the waiting room to tell a customer that their extended warranty DOES NOT cover the part needed. I actually told a woman one time that her extended warranty did not cover the part she needed, and it was just a guess and I was right, her part was not covered. As for me getting ripped off on the price of the crv, that was my fault. I had a buddy that was a salesman and he screwed me too. But it does not have to happen to you. STAY AWAY!!!

Consumer Increased Rating!

My wife and I have leased many cars with Honda Financial through the years. The last lease was for a 2012 Odyssey. The lease was completed and I was charged $412.33 for scratches on the back bumper from strollers going in and out of the minivan. It was a simple buff and cover-up paint job. But they wanted to charge me for the cost of replacing the entire back bumper, labor, parts and paint. I settled with their collection company for half the amount but I was still reported by Honda Financial to the credit bureau that my car was repossessed. These excessive charges at lease end is getting out of control and consumers do not have rights against these overcharges imposed by these businesses. If you contest it they will hurt your credit no questions asked.

This is not the first time I have a horrible experience, will never recommend Honda to anyone. I speak two languages, when I am in the office I don't need anyone listening to my business for that reason I chose to speak Spanish. After I select the language and wait over 10 minutes someone picks up the phone in English and I tell that representative that I was on hold for Spanish and the reply was "there's no one that speaks Spanish at the moment but I can help you in English..." Are you serious so my recommendation to you guys is to take off the Spanish option from your telephone service and stop wasting people's time.

They are compassionless and only know how to charge your account. They make no concessions for medical emergencies or other exigencies. They refuse to discuss any matter except WHEN you are going to make your payment. And don't believe ANYTHING they say - it's just an operator who won't add his/her promise to the notes and you could call back in 5 minutes and they'll act like they never heard from you.

They're just stupid. They want to charge me $500 because *they* decided to repo my car but I paid the balance due. I don't have *another* $500 - I barely could afford to pay off the past due amount! What are they thinking? Instead I'm just going to stop paying and let them take the car back and they'll be out the difference between the value of the car and my loan. I'm not paying them any more money so their losses will be a lot bigger than $500. My credit already sucks, so that's not an issue. Try Santander for a consumer loan. They called me and offered to put my payments on hold because they understood I was in a bind. They charged me late fees (which is fair) but nothing else. *That's* a company that wants repeat business.

We use to be an all Honda family - not anymore! Honda Financial is difficult to work with and we have had quality issues with our Honda 2013 Civic and our 2013 CRV. The CRV had a engine noise that they were never able to fix. I also had a 2015 Honda Accord Touring Hybrid that was horrible and the dealer offered me 12,000 dollars less that what I paid for it 2 weeks early. When I asked why so much of a hit, they said it was had quality issues. Honda Quality has gone down the tubes, and their financial services don't care about you either. Sadly I have bought my last Honda.

If you go with Honda Financial please do not lease. Yes there is GAP coverage but if you exceed the miles that doesn't cover. I leased 2015 Honda Accord Sport back in May 2015 and I went over my miles but I was planning to buy after my lease was over. Until last year on December 2016 got T-boned, spin 360 and then hit the traffic light. It was the worse experience in my life. Geico paid off the car value so I assumed GAP will cover the rest. It doesn't. They expect me to pay $4,000 by next month if not going to collections.

Honda Financial Services Company Profile