Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched
  2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Honda Financial Services

Honda Financial Services
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.64/5

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Honda Financial Services Reviews

Original review: July 23, 2019

I bought my 2016 Honda Civic in Jan 2017. My experience at the dealership was great. I paid my car office last year in Aug 2018. My online experience with Honda Financial was great. I was able to make payments online and as much as I wanted to over my monthly payment. The site was very user friendly. I was able to view my payment history anytime I needed to. When I paid my car off, I receive my title before I received my paid in full paperwork. My experience with Honda Financial online service was great and if I decide to finance another Honda, I will use Honda Financial.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I am one payment away from paying off our 2014 Honda CR-V. We have paid $430/month for the past 59 months and have a final balance due of $429.59 and then it's paid off once and for all! Honestly I don't know what can really be said about this auto loan. We went into Honda back in 2014 with a loan approval from our credit union, but Honda Financial actually had better terms so we went that route. We set up auto-payment and it's deducted every time and we've never heard from them and have never had to contact them. I guess we'll see what happens after I made my final payment! Hopefully it's a smooth procedure getting the title.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2019

The loan was at a very low rate and very easy to set up and pay. Depending on your credit history you can do very well with a Honda loan and not have to put too much out of your pocket. If you take loan during sales event you will do better with prices and don't take the extended warranty as all Honda dealers sell this for different rates. Shop around in different states for the warranty. No matter where you get your Honda warranty it covers your Honda.

Original review: July 15, 2019

The application process was pretty straightforward. But customer service is not 24 by 7 and works only weekdays. Any changes that need to be made if the dealership entered the wrong data you have to actually write a letter, notarize it and then send it to customer service for them to make any updates. Pretty frustrating to have to do such extra work because of someone else error. There is no fax or email, just snail mail.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Due to faults none other than my own forgetfulness, I needed to get a title transfer ASAP so I could register my car in a new state. I talked to 3 women on the phone at HFS and all of them were understanding, extraordinarily friendly, and genuinely cared about helping me. Thanks to them, I was able to mail my title to AAA with time to spare. I am SO grateful for their help and they really helped set my mind at ease.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Kept resubmitting the request for extension and no one can update on the status even after 3 business days. Can't email the status. Can't leave a VM on the status. No Supervisors are available to care about the issue or compliant. I promises not to give my business to Honda company by buying any Honda vehicle anymore.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

We are on our 7th Acura and 8th Honda product. Never had a problem with HF. Get the contract, get the car, pay it off....in and out. In November Honda Finance lowered the amount of my current contract on Experian. Evidently regulations changed and the sales tax can't be posted as part of the total loan amount. Experian picks this up as HF reducing my credit limit by $2500. That's dumb. But this is Experian and anything is possible.

At this rate I will pay off the contract 5 months before the last payment. Worse, Experian shows this event as a NEGATIVE and my FICO was dinged 15 points. I filed a dispute with Experian explaining the principle of Credit Reporting 101: A loan amount is not a credit limit. Loans are not revolving charge accounts. We don't buy groceries and furniture at Acura. The amount of the original loan does not change in fact. The balance changes. Experian denied the dispute. WHAT!? Their line is that they can only report information from lenders.

Emailed HF Customer Care and received an email that I should basically go back to my dealer, which has nothing to do with it. I had called the dealer, never heard back and I told Customer Care that, as well. Now, how many loans does Honda have outstanding at any given time? A million or more? The tsunami of lowered "credit lines" from Honda didn't trigger anything at Experian. They don't care. Clearly Honda Finance doesn't know you until you want to buy a car or miss a payment...Then they CARE. The whole thing would be inconsequential IF....Honda SALES and FINANCING are predicate on CREDIT SCORES.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I leased an Accord in 2016 thru HFS and purchased the car in 2019 when the lease was up. Eleven and a half months later I get a bill for property taxes, threatening to report me to the credit bureau if I don't pay. When I called HFS, they were rude and basically said that if they didn't receive payment within two days they would place a report with the credit bureau. Lesson learned - Honda makes a good car and I will continue to buy them, but they don't make a good bank - you're better off going to your own bank for financing.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Bought a new Honda Civic Hatchback Touring in 2017 from dealer in Valencia CA. Financed portion of vehicle purchase but quickly paid off the balance that same year. Purchase protection plan as part of purchase. Loved vehicle but eventually traded it in. Have been trying to get $400+ refund on protection plan now for several months. Have phoned multiple times (Southern CA office), patiently waited on hold for hours, spoken with multiple associates and heard multiple excuses about processes and delays. Call before last, associate said check would be in the mail in 7 to 10 business days. Called 3 weeks later for a status. Associate said she would have to do some research and would call me back later. That was 2 days ago. Bottom line, Honda of America apparently has a problem refunding money that is owed to me.

I have purchased multiple Honda's in the past but no more. Not sure if I will ever see my money. It's unfortunate that Honda works so hard to put out a superior product yet falls flat on its face when it comes to customer support. As a side note, I searched the Honda Financial Services site for several minutes seeking a means to provide feedback. Doesn't exist on their site. Can only assume that they are not interested in feedback from their customers.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I tried to make my first payment and it would not allow me to. The dealership was completely useless. And it will not allow me to log into my account. Honda never sent me any paperwork on financing like they said they would. I called the dealer 2 weeks ago to find out what is going on. Now 6 weeks after I bought the Pilot I can't make a payment. 820 plus credit score and they are screwing me. Stay away from their financing. I wish I would have just paid cash. What a joke.

Not sure about Honda Financial Services?

Find out if you qualify for Auto Loan refinancing, today!

Honda Financial Services Company Information