Honda Financial Services
1.21/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Find a recommended auto loan provider now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Honda Financial Services

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

182 Honda Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I bought a motorcycle and was told that Honda has a good Gap that would total cover my losses in case of theft or accident. Honda Financial forgot to process my Gap Insurance, the one they advertise on their website. I total my bike in an accident, then I contact Honda, they could not find my Gap insurance at all, they gave me their number. I called but they did not had me on their files, so 4 months after the accident they gave me the name of a Fraudulent Gap Insurance that refused to pay, took months to process my claim, did not pay the Bike as it was total.

I request that Honda would come and take the Bike, Honda said they did not want the Bike, Honda ruined my perfect credit of 813 and now they want me to pay my remaining balance of $5000, when if they had the proper insurance it should be covered, and they falsely advertise on their web page about what their Gap Insurance cover. I want them to fix it, clean my credit and stop calling me. They refuse to put anything in writing. Everything has to be over the phone where one cannot prove what they said, shame on them... Where is the state attorney???

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My mother passed away unexpectedly after surgery in Sept. 2017. I called Honda Financial Services to return her leased 2015 Civic which had less than 7k miles. Pick up services took the car and 2 months later a statement arrives stating she owed $4000.00 and change. Honda Financial sold the car looking to get $13000 or 14000 and got high $9000.00. They wanted my mom who passed away to pay the difference of what they didn't get from a lease? which would have ended in June 2018. Myself and my family is still going through the tough unexpected loss and they're looking to get money from a car they sold and didn't get the money they were trying to get? IT WAS A LEASE. She didn't buy the car. Talk about taking advantage of a upsetting situation. HONDA Financial should be ashamed. They decided to sell the car at an auction. Not my mom or my family. You made your money! Stop the greed.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

This is the first time I have felt so compelled to actually get on here and file a complaint on a business and get the word out. This is a customer service AND billing/collections complaint. I also made a BBB report regarding customer treatment and will do with other organizations. I have been on time with everything up until I ran into issues stemming from my accident December of 2016. Therapy, the ability not to work as much due to pain/therapy... I have been finally trying to get back on my feet, but things got tough and I juggle recovery and being a single mom. I was able to notify most companies and have arrangements worked out.

However, Acura Honda financial has only made harassing calls to my family, talked down to me, and threaten me, saying there was nothing they could do to help with payments unless I caught it all up in 10 days. Even after explaining things are already tough and we just got hit by a hurricane, there was little sympathy. I was able to make one payment, called and spoke with a Robin. Now I know it says calls are recorded and I implore a higher up or this company to review that call. I was insulted to tears after hanging up. I was told I need to "look inside at myself as to why this is happening to me", "I need to help myself before I can get help", "Ask family for money, or I am not doing enough"... It goes on and on.

I am a single mom that works hard, trying to recover (I actually have medical proof and my attorney info as I have a trial pending for my injuries), just had a hurricane hit, and was asking for help. I have never been so talked down to, insulted, or disrespected. This woman should not have a job. All I asked for was help to keep my car during this difficult time not get insulted and degraded for my hardship. I implore someone at that company to pull that call!!! This company is a nightmare. Be warned, I was lied to from the get-go at the dealership too and being overcharged too.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I've been with Honda for over 7 years, totaling 3 vehicles leased over that time frame. Very loyal but not anymore. I had a very bad experience with this company. Like 99% of people we all fall on hard times. I fell behind on a few payment due to the horrific hurricanes, helping family. Anyhow, In fear of the car getting repo, I contacted customer service to ask what amount I can pay to keep in good standing until I pay the whole amount in full. The representative informed $600. I paid that amount on the 1st of sept and then paid on my due date which was on the 7th. Nope they still took the car on the 23rd. I called customer service and they said I was suppose to make a payment again in 10 days from my last payment?!? No one communicated anything as I would have made the payment!!!

I thought I was in good standing and was planning to make the last payment the end of month to clear the balance of $500. I had everything in order and would make my monthly on time. Anyhow, When I called customer services to find out about how to get my car back and how much I was supposed to pay in total, the representative was extremely rude. I asked to speak to "John" (whom was dealing with my case) which the representative said he is not available. I wish I would have gotten his name. He is was so nasty considering, yes I called in a panic because my car was missing. Nowhere was I rude like him (What goes around comes around).

Anyhow, When I was ready to pay, which I had about $2k, another rude representative told me that I need it to call a different department. When I called that department they informed that I would have to pay off the whole loan amount 23k and that the "decision" was made. I informed I was ready to clear the balance at the end of the month. However no one communicated that the balance should be cleared in 10 days. I'm sitting here with money to pay off the late fees and towing. When I spoke to the repo man although I was suppose to be in good standing in September no one communicated to him to even stop the repo since JULY. In his account it shows my status has been open since JULY.

There is a lot of miscommunication, dishonesty and wrongdoing here. I gave up on the car because who has 23k to pay. I'm leasing another car now, and will just put the money toward a car I'm looking to buy. I will never go through Honda nor whatever "payoff" they give me. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to pay and will join the billions of people in default and debt in America. Great job. Enjoy the car Honda.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

As a lot customer for almost ten years now! I have never been treated with such disregard. Between the dealer and Honda Financial I will NEVER lease or purchase another Honda again. Such back and forth BS! The fact that they could care less about their customers' satisfaction is mind blowing to me. And to see all of these other reviews!!! Twice now the dealer has shorted a payoff check of a lease and bonds financial charged me for a vehicle I no longer owned and traded in already. So quick to take my money so difficult to get a refund. Why aren't the dealers and Honda Financial in communication with one another??

They told me my refund is denied because the dealer shorted the check, SO CALL THE DEALER! Instead it's been me going back and forth, Honda Financial telling me one thing and then telling the dealer another. I just want my refund!!! I paid you on the new vehicle and now you have a payment on a vehicle I don't own. Seriously never going back to Honda ever again!!! And I'll be sure to tell my family and friends. Thanks for your WONDERFUL customer service Honda Financial!!! I don't understand how you're still in business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

About a year ago I decided to lease a 2016 Honda Fit. Everything was going well. I was making my payments, working two jobs when I became pregnant back in February. A couple months into my pregnancy I fell very ill and was in and out of the hospital. I was forced to have to leave my job after 2 years of being with the company. I was getting sick about 20 times a day and lost 50 Ibs within 2 months. After a couple months I started to feel better and decided to try to find a new job less demanding at 5 months pregnant. I worked for about a month and a half trying to keep up on my payments when I had become ill again and I was in and out of the hospital. Again I was not able to work due to more health problems and for the safety of my unborn child.

I had contacted Honda Financial and went to the place I leased the car to see if there was anything they could do to either lower my payments or get me out of my lease. At this point they told me there was nothing that they could do and that I would just have to suffer through it for another year. They do not let you sublease or anything. Instead of Honda caring about its consumer all they do is care about you making your payment. You could be in the hospital on your death bed and they would show up to repossess your car. They also had explained if I couldn't afford the car anymore and did a voluntary repossession that it would destroy my credit for 7-10 years so I wouldn't be able to purchase a home or anything of that nature to give my child a better life. At this point I am disgusted with Honda Financial and the way they conduct their business. I would definitely under no circumstances do business with this company again.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

My family and I have been Loyal long time Honda Automobile owners. My wife and I just ended our relationship with Honda, and my adult sons and daughters will doing the same shortly! That is seven in all. Let me explain why. The dealership in Philadelphia are excellent, the one in Littleton Co was horrible, but the real issue is Honda Financial Services. The people that man the phones are impolite, especially when they can't answer a question. When they elevate your call it gets worse. The supervisors have no authority to make decisions, and there is no one they can elevate the call to. They tell you to write a letter, which I did. It took several weeks for me to hear back, and in the end there was nothing they could do to resolve the many issues. Which included hidden charges, improperly reported to the Credit Bureau, incorrect information.

I have learned that their customer service reps are improperly trained, and they have little or no decision-making authority. Honda makes a sound car, and as I said we dealt with the same car dealership for more than twenty years who are terrific. The dealership in Colorado on the other hand was horrible. They gave out misinformation, and they don't return phone calls. I tried my best to get to Corporate Affairs offices several times, again we found it near impossible to speak with anyone with decision-making power. It was difficult for us to move away from Honda, but we felt they left us with no alternative, and penalized us on the way out by slapping a $350.00 fee for not renewing with Honda.

I could maybe accept that if I was a first-time leaseholder of a Honda, but after an entire family's more than twenty years of loyalty you would think they would reward that by waiving the fee. We said goodbye to Honda with some constructive advice. Train and teach your people at Honda Financial Services proper customer Service skills, more importantly empower them with decision-making solutions... I hope someone authority reads this and has the courage to turn the terrible experience we have had and learn from it. Otherwise like many other good companies they will suffer by losing loyal customers like us!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I am a four time Honda customer. I've leased 3 CR-Vs and recently purchased a 2017 Pilot Ex-L. After 9 years of paying $300 per month plus fees and $43K for the Pilot, HFS is trying to gouge me for turn in fees and three remaining months on my last lease. Part of the fault lies with my sales person at Apple Honda. She knew that I assumed there would be lease forgiveness as with my past leases. But for the sake of a sale she did not tell me otherwise.

They are trying to bill me for $975. I spoke to their customer service but they care little for brand loyalty and don't care if I ever do business with them again. I paid for the Pilot cash out of my money market. I own two homes that are paid for and I have all the credit cards I need. So, the fact that they lowered my credit score by 120 points doesn't phase me in the least. When I am ready to trade in this Pilot I will pay cash again but I will be buying anything BUT a Honda. In fact, I just bought my granddaughter a 2014 Ford Escape. If not for their penny pinching stupidity, that would have been a CR-V.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I recently was having trouble with my payment due to my husband having a stroke and was in the hospital. We got behind due having to pay for his care. In doing the best we could to catch up I called HFS to make arrangements and to see about possibly deferring 1 month (as they say you can do during the life of the lease) and making my past due payment to get caught up. There were other fees on my account from the fact that I don't get paid but once a month during the 3rd week. I was told I could call back and I could get things resolved. Fast forward to today and spoke with 2 people 1 of which was a manager who were completely rude. I tried to explain to the rep about what was going on and what I had discussed with the prior person. She advised something different was noted and that we had to "Figure it out" on our own basically.

When I asked to speak with a supervisor the rep loudly sighed and said she would "See if one is available" and quickly put me on hold. The supervisor came on and was equally unhelpful and rude. She asked me about my husband's income and I told her it pays the mortgage. She then questioned me if I was who I said because I said "their". I told her again that I said the and not sure why she was questioning me all of the sudden when I am trying to resolve things with them.

She then started to speak really close to the phone as if she was trying to intimidate me. I told her I didn't appreciate her calling me a liar and I'm trying to take care of things. The supervisor continued to be unhelpful and I ended the call. I agree with other reviews they have no care about anyone except themselves. Proper training in their call centers would go a long way with their people. My husband and I will never do business with HFS again once our lease is complete!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Terrible service especially from the management team. Scott ** and Joe ** are 2 biggest crooks and liars. On 09/04/17 I went to return my lease and they had all kinds of excuses not to accept the car. First, Scott told me that I needed to have an appointment even though I called their corporate to make sure and was told that no appointment is necessary. Then they told me they don't accept returns on the weekend or holiday. After all the arguments, Scott told me that the person who is in charge of returns will be there in 2 hours and made me come back.

When I came back the sales rep Kevin was very rude, started arguing with me and told me that if I didn't like their rules, I needed to get the hell out of there. When I told him that he cannot treat me and talk to me like that, he told me that he shouldn't even help me, threw paperwork on the desk, walk out and called me a "**". My husband was outside taking the plates off and when he come back he was looking for Kevin so he can apologize to me and Joe and Scott were trying to cover up for him, lying even more by saying that they sent him home.

After all the paperwork was completed and we were about to leave, we noticed Kevin walked in to the manager's office and that's when my husband made him apologize to me in front of everybody. This is unacceptable. Kevin should not be working in customer service and has to go through anger management sessions, I hope Honda offers that. I've been with that Honda for 9 years and never had to experience the humiliation as I did today. They will definitely not have my business ever again. I will be calling corporate and HR department to make sure the above listed employees are held responsible for their actions.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

At the end of the lease term, you are made aware that if you do not lease or buy another Honda you will be assessed a turn in fee. Loyal customers will get this fee waived. So, I am penalized because I chose not to stay with Honda? However, Honda did not give me any reason to stay. Shouldn't I be rewarded or convinced to stay with Honda other than the threat of a fee? Instead I was offered the same type of car but $100 more a month. I have been a loyal Honda customer for over 10 years and still have a leased Honda in my driveway. Once this lease is up, I will never buy or lease another Honda again. Yes, I understand the turn in fee is part of the contract I signed, but it is very disappointing to see a prominent establishment penny pinch to try to get their customers to stay with them.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I have been a long term customer of Honda - 3 leased cars… never been late even for a single time in the past 10 years. Lately leased a new 2017 Honda Accord at around end of Dec. 2016 and made first month's payment. In January I had a medical emergency due to having a brain stroke and ended up in the hospital for couple of months. Upon coming home found out that I missed Jan payment, I called to HFA to make the late payment and get setup on monthly auto-debit option... since then monthly payments are being auto drawn out of bank account on-time. Now I’m in the middle of buying another, more affordable house but noticed showing a late payment and having a hard time to qualify for the mortgage.

Today I tried to call HFA 3 times to explain my situation and to see if they could help with doing one time goodwill adjustment... but HFA customer service seemed to be so inhuman an of touch and appeared just dummy robots. Sometimes circumstances do happens in one's life which are beyond any one's control… both times they hung up my call and refused to even listen to me properly... now I’m helpless, such a misconduct might be an acceptable norm in Japan or Korea but not in America... Never going to buy another Honda ever again!!!

Original review: July 20, 2017

So... to start I want to clarify that this is a review for HONDA FINANCIAL SERVICES or HFS (not the dealer I went through). After signing my lease, and it was processed through HFS, I registered my account and I'd already set up my automatic payments. The Planet Honda dealer messed up and needed to "adjust" the numbers on my leasing contract after they'd already processed the first version of the contract with Honda financial to open my account. When HFS processed that correction to my contract, they closed that original account without giving me notice. After that account was closed and I no longer had access to it as they opened a new one, they still processed the scheduled payments from the old closed account. And my new updated account said there was still payment due! They wanted me to pay them twice and hope I didn't notice. That was at the START of my lease.

Later my car was totaled in an accident and the at fault insurance company contacted Honda Financial Services to get the payoff amount for my lease. HFS proceeded to CLOSE MY CURRENT ACCOUNT AGAIN LIKE THEY DID BEFORE WITHOUT GIVING ME NOTICE. I could not log on to cancel scheduled payments. And OF COURSE, despite them having already closed my account, they STILL processed an automatic payment that was scheduled. So on top of my payoff amount, they're trying to get another months payment without a second thought.

It should be standard that a lease or loan holder is notified when his or her account is being changed in anyway. And if HFS decides that an account holder should no longer have access to any account, then they should also assume they themselves no longer have access to any BANK ACCOUNTS associated with that account until the account and payment schedule is made AVAILABLE to the account holder. I claimed fraud with my bank the first time, and they were able to quickly fight the charge and pay me back. Hopefully the same can be done this time around... Unbelievable... Honda's Financial Services are ridiculously outdated, and their hours of operation are in complete disregard to the availability of the actual customers they are meant to serve. Never again.

Original review: July 10, 2017

Their system is out dated. You have to call between 9 am-5 pm Monday-Friday and I guess 90% of society are working at that time. They don't have a chat or anything and they expect you to fax or mail important information instead of dealing with the Acura dealer that sold you car. When I moved states it was the worst experience ever since I was getting charge property taxes for like 10 months because they could not figure how to fix the problem, I was received a fee for decal too from my previous state and I did all the required paperwork at the DMV and County. I did a buyout on my lease and until this day Acura couldn't figure it out where is their car and I return it to an Acura Dealership. Acura is trying to do luxury leases and all the top notch companies (Audi, Benz, BMW) are always taking care of their customers 100%. Acura no more!

Original review: July 10, 2017

My father leased a car in November 2016. He told the sales person he was terminally ill with cancer and just wanted to drive a new car before he died. The salespeople told him when he passed away his daughter (me) could just turn in the car. When my Dad passed away in May 2017 I called Honda Financial to turn in the car. I explained my Dad passed away May 2017 and my Mom also passed away January 2017 so it's been a terrible year so far. I also explained I have a lease with Honda.

They told me there was nothing they could do and I would have to pay the lease off or sign the car over to someone to get rid of the car. I requested a copy of the lease multiple times and finally had to have my lawyer contact them to get a copy of the lease. Finally my lawyer reviewed the lease and found there is no death clause in the lease. Honda STILL will not return my calls or my lawyers. This has been a NIGHTMARE in such a hard time for me

Original review: July 2, 2017

I had leased a 2016 Honda Odyssey of which I was involved in a motor vehicle accident 1 year later that rendered the vehicle a total loss. The insurance company paid $24,908 of the $26,534 owed and after some payments I made, there was a balance of $1,164.21. Due to financial difficulties at the time, I could not make a full payment of the balance but was making partial payments. As of June 1st the balance was reduced to $937.21. The payments were accepted without any rejection or return of payment. Prior to the accident, I was never late nor missed any payments on the lease.

Without any warning, Honda Financial Services sent me two letters dated June 1st and June 3rd. I did not receive them until June 9th. The first letter said my debt was charged off for failing to fulfill my "contractual obligation" and was being sent to collections. No explanation was provided for what this meant. The second letter, dated June 3rd, said I had 15 days to pay the debt. Relying on the second letter, I paid it in full on June 18 and called on June 19th to have them remove the charge off from my credit reports. The representative was rude from the start saying they called and told me I had to pay it in full. I never received a call or letter prior to June saying if I did not pay the balance I was going into collections.

He said they spoke to my wife, but she was never told that if full payment wasn't made by June 1st, the debt was being charged off and going into collections. When I tried to explain the reasons for the delay and that I paid it off once I had the ability to do so (which was also within the 15 days demanded in Honda Financial's letter) the representative's response was "Not my problem". He refused to remove the charge off and said I could not speak with a supervisor. The representative also denied having any information of Honda Finance sending me the June 3rd letter that gave me 15 days to pay off the balance. I faxed it over to him but of course got no response.

Based on their fraudulent and misleading representations my credit score was lowered 90 points. I paid off the balance within the time specified in Honda Financial's letter and its response to me was essentially "We don't care" and "Not my problem". Honda Financial Services' attitude was demeaning to me as a consumer who was never late on payments prior to the accident and continued making payments even after the vehicle was rendered a total loss. I will never purchase or lease a Honda again and would recommend anyone that may anticipate some future financial difficulties to avoid buying or leasing a Honda at all costs.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I set up my automatic payments to be deducted from my account back in February, 2017 when I leased the car from Honda. So far, they have screwed up my payment every month. I have to call every month to fix the date and get transferred several times to people who have NO idea what they are doing. I've spent an hour on your website, twice, to try to fix it myself, been told by your people everything was set, only to find out it was still screwed up the next month... again. I am ready to return the car rather than go through this every month. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced ANYWHERE! Never again!

Original review: June 15, 2017

Honda sold me a car for $23.231.88. They WOULD NOT WHATSOEVER COME DOWN ON THE PRICE, but now that I have lost my job due to a injury, I went back and ask if they would buy back the car, and they said they would for $17.000. So I asked why only $17.000 when I paid $ 23.000 for it, and their reply was the car is not worth that much since I drove it off the lot... WOW what a rip-off. Honda dealers are crooks and I bet if they would have bought it back, THEN they would have sold it for at least $21.000. People spread the word that Honda dealers are crooks and WILL RIP YOU OFF.

Original review: June 8, 2017

We leased a brand new CRV TOURING 2016. After a year of having the car and always paying on time, we moved to Massachusetts. Honda Financial Services took almost 2 months to send us our title, then they decided to increase our monthly payment by $25 per month for "sales tax". When we had already paid it upfront in the state we originally bought it in. They even sent us letters acknowledging this but yet they would not fix their error. No matter how much you try. Needless to say, we put in our Mercedes as a trade in when we got their Honda, which costed about $7,000 total. We got totally ripped off. Never again! Lesson learned! They are the most difficult to deal with over the phone. They do not care at all! It was a huge mistake to buy a Honda! Any attorneys who can help, please contact me. Thank you.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Late Payment - I normally don't ever write reviews, but after the experience I had with 2 young ladies on the phone today I had no choice. Long story short I had been really sick and even went on to give who was suppose to be "supervisor" my issue and why I was late and she pretty much gave me the "Oh well that's the risk you take." My feelings was more hurt than anything vs. upset because the situation that I am in is not one that anyone in this world would want to be in. Yes I understand my responsibilities, but I was in a situation where it put me in a position of not taking care of my obligations on top of yesterday being a holiday and I attempted to make my payment via card and it would not take it and I wasn't able to get anyone on the phone.

I asked to speak to Anastasia's supervisor and she transferred me to a voicemail. I laughed inside, but deep down I'm disgusted due to my daily functions are Quality Assurance and to be the consumer this time and to be spoken to like that has left a bad taste in my mouth. I have been dealing with mess from the 1st day I purchase the car, but everyone has been nice about it and guided me to what I could do to keep myself from being 30 days past due. Again not sure what results I am looking for, but this kind of service is uncalled for and people should not speak to consumers or anyone that way.

Original review: May 29, 2017

I bought a Honda CR-V from Honda of Tysons Corner in Aug 2015 - bundled - around 3000$ for Support services. Dealer told the support is for 5 years and it will be refunded in Pro-rated if cancelled. Sold it in Sept2016 - closed the Loans (no Lien). In Aug 2016 when I cancelled the Support the dealer said I will get the refund after 40+ weeks, in Apr 2017.

I spoke the Support Contractor JMA Group - who after confirming my VIN confirmed 79.016% of Refund Approved. (They confirm the % and NOT the amount). That is around 4 years refund approved - $3000 X 4/5 = around 2400$). But I got the check from Honda only for $683. - Who took the difference of around $1717? Dealer or Honda Financial Service.

(I closed the Honda Financial Services loan in Jan2016 and moved to DCU - which I closed in Sep2016). This is a Horrible experience... 4 Years Refund has been Approved by JM&A Group but it has NOT reached me, in between taken by Dealer or Honda Financial Services - UNETHICAL Practice from HONDA. No response from the Dealer for my Queries.

Original review: May 25, 2017

When you lease a car they do not explain to you and let you know about the "penalty fee". The so called early termination fee... they don't care if you return the car and do the payment in full one year in advance. They will re-sale the car, do a double profit and will charged you no matter what the "penalty fee", and worst customer service experience ever.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Worst experience ever! Make one late payment and they report you to credit bureau and lower down my credit score by 100 points!! This is just ridiculous! Called them and nobody is willing to help because they don't give a **! Will never ever buy another Honda again in my life! Please stay away from Honda!

Original review: May 21, 2017

I purchased a Honda Accord in 2014. I have never missed a payment as it is on autopay. I live out of the country part of the year. I returned today and imagine my surprise... There was a summons for me from Honda. It was given to my niece as I use her mailing address. Pictures were taken and I guess had my car been there it would have been repoed as I have a repossession charge on my account.

I just looked at the payments on the HFS site. My auto payments have been on the 23/24 depending on the day of the week. Imagine my surprise (and heart palpitations) when I see that since January they have been charging me late payment fees (and now a repo fee) on the 6th. I have never missed a payment. If they changed the due date I had no idea. And, they want to REPO the car.

I have been a lover of HONDA but that has NOW changed. I have owned 4 Hondas in the States and 4 Hondas out of the country. I am furious. It is Saturday night and I just returned from overseas, and can't sleep, and can't contact the ** until Monday. Couldn't a human look at my account and figure out what happened? NO... just repo the car. I am selling my Honda as soon as I can.

Original review: May 19, 2017

On May 3, 2017 Honda cashed a check for over $15,000 sent from my credit union for full payment of my Honda CRV and when I call to inquire about my title the reps lie to me. Today is May 19, 2017 and I still do not have my title and cannot obtain my license tags.

Original review: May 13, 2017

When my husband Dana and I initiated auto-pay for Honda Financial Services we were given the option to choose the date the automatic deduction would take place for the monthly payment. We chose the 12th and yet - it hasn't come out on the 12th in the last two months. Also - the "Pending Payments" section of their website one would think it would list a pending payment for the month you are in. Oh no - it only tells you that the next month a payment is pending instead!! It isn't pending for taking out next month. This is ridiculous. If this company ever lists a late payment on our credit reports for what they screwed up we will have to take action against Honda. They obviously do not have a handle on customer service when one waits so long to speak with a live person. It's absurd.

Original review: May 3, 2017

To make a very long and exhausting story short, the terms I agreed to were based on verbal statements that I would not have to pay anything additional out of pocket after the total loss of my vehicle. Everything I was told and reassured of in regards to the way it works with a total loss, ended up to be false. Up until today, I continue to address my concerns and feel like I continue to be disregarded. The experience that I had with the dealership for my lease was honestly one of the best, after I have leased many different vehicles throughout the years, and through different companies. The experience I have had with the Honda Financial department has been on my worst experiences ever.

Original review: May 1, 2017

From what I read, it really sounds like many people buy cars they can't afford. Why oh why would you put yourself in that position?? There are cars on Craigslist all day that are decently priced. And now they are crying all over the internet about Honda Finance. I haven't had a problem and since I went under-budget, my payment have been going from the bank automatically to Honda Finance. Thanks to the Good Lord that I accept the position I'm in. I don't want a Honda. I want an Audi A5 but I'll wait because I don't want to be part of the pool of cry babies on here! Parents included! My boy has a 98 Toyota period! And I have a 16 Accord EX and that's it, PERIOD!

Original review: May 1, 2017

Worst experience ever in dealing with any financial institution. Very poor and unfocused communication, and typically not in writing calling into question their accountability. Either very unorganized or evasive culture that I found not to resolve anything with ease that appeared to move at the pace of molasses leaving you anxious for months. My context here is the process after the loss of my leased vehicle. The coordination process after determining the payoff amount with my insurance company on a specific date after the loss was abysmal. After the Tri-Party (Honda Finance, My Insurance Co, and myself) discussion and the paperwork execution with my insurance company, I was expressly asked by Honda Financial Services (HFS) to stop all lease payment - which I did. Of course, HFS would not communicate any of this in writing.

I received Lease Payment demand (for failing to pay under the expressed HFS instructions) and I called HFS, who advised me to ignore the demand. Upon expressing my concerns regarding impact of non-payment on my credit, I was informed that "Credit Reporting was suspended" under the circumstance. Another demand came with notification of being late. Again, I was asked to ignore. And... again... and again I kept on receiving statement of payment demands with cumulative charges and delinquency indications. I had desired for them to stop the cumulative lease payment accruals while payoff coordination was in works and I was already asked not to pay any further lease payments. The latest letter I received amounted to a pre-collection agency demand.

Every time I call asking why the account balance is cumulatively increasing whereas the lease is no longer active (under the payoff coordination process - dragging on for months), I was still informed that I no longer owed any lease payments except for any settlement balance (Insurance Company total loss amount, Pay-off amount, Gap Insurance amount, and my insurance deductible) that may be due. They were only stating that credit reporting has been suppressed and provide no response on why lease payment demand has continued - cumulatively months after months despite instructions from HFS to ignore. I am very credit conscious and their dealing certainly causes me to have frayed nerves. HFS would not answer the question of how do they plan to zero out the account balance when they close after the final settlement of the vehicle pay-off.

To me the Lease Payment demand (based on how it appears to work at HFS) is a separately occurring periodic event scheduled until the end of the lease while the vehicle pay-off is a value of the vehicle at the time of the loss and for title settlement. This has caused me to be concerned about the still accumulating unpaid lease payment that HFS may demand long after the settlement of the vehicle loss. HFS has not satisfactorily answered the question if they plan to take any positive action to neutralize the accumulating lease payment charges in the account to show up at a later date. I wonder if there is any ulterior motive driving this behavior.

Original review: April 17, 2017

Bought a Honda Odyssey for my daughter's family last year. After more than a year I'm still trying to resolve the negative credit reports from Honda Financial Services. A month after my purchase the dealership (a whole other review) called my daughter and asked where the car was. They were going to come and get it. I called them and they told me I needed to sign a new contract. Honda Finance wouldn't accept it. After three weeks of trying to find out why (many calls) they told me the typeset wasn't perfectly in the form boxes. Funny, I could read my carbon copy (yes, carbon copy) just fine. Because of this they reported to the credit companies that I was late on my payments.

Whenever I tried to call Honda Finance I had wait forever. After a number of frustrating calls I asked if it was okay to record the conversation. All four of the rude customer reps I spoke to on different occasions said "no" and hung up. Interesting, as they have a recorded notice at the beginning of the call saying, THEY are recording. Four months later my daughter moved and her mail was not forwarded. Honda wasn't sending emails to them. But as a co-signer I received an email telling me I would be reported to the credit companies if I didn't pay. I paid over the phone. They applied my payment to someone else's account and reported me. I called them when I found out from my credit monitoring company that I was reported and they admitted their mistake but never did anything to remove the ding from my credit. I just found out they didn't do what they promised and they no longer give a phone number to call.

Honda Financial Services Company Information