1.45/5
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

196 Honda Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 14, 2018

When leasing a car from Honda Financial Services, they discuss the benefit of all leases carry GAP cover in the event your car is totaled during the term of the lease. However, Honda’s GAP coverage is not a true GAP insurance, it is an internal division of Honda Financial. I had a Honda under lease which was involved in an accident and was totaled by the insurance company. Honda listed the pay-off amount as $12,742.04. The insurance settlement was $13578.00 with a $1000 deductible, so paid Honda Financial $12,578.00. This left a balance of $164.94.

Honda Financial is now sending me a bill for the $164.04 that the GAP overage on their lease program should have covered. When I call and ask about the balance, I am informed since their GAP coverage is internal it is not like other GAP insurance policies and they do not pay anything towards the insurance deductible and the outstanding balance is viewed as part of the deductible. This was after a previous conversation I had with the same department following the accident, where the representative informed me they were notified by the insurance company that the vehicle was totaled and the GAP coverage would take care of any remaining balance, so I would have no further financial obligation on the lease agreement. This needs to be corrected and this balance needs to be taken care of by the GAP.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I will spare you the details but after taking a personal loan, paying off the car, giving them a FedEx # and calling them 11 times in 3 days. I still cannot get someone to give me a tracking number or tell me when I can get a tracking number to track when FedEx will deliver the title. Their process is broken and nobody really sees to care. I'm sure they heard it all before and are now tone deaf to any complaints or changing their process. NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER, USE HONDA FINANCIAL. I rather have all my fingernails pulled off than go through this process. At least that would be over quick. I'm sure writing this review means nothing because people will still blinding use their service, which is why they refuse to improve. IF zero was a score, I would use it.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Website constantly down. I suggest setting up autopay because there's a 75% chance the website will be either down entirely or showing errors when you try to pay. I've had to call them to set up payments because the website was offline a few days before it was due.

Original review: June 7, 2018

After paying off my auto loan, I called Honda Finance Customer care for title release. Initially they said it will take 14 days. When I requested them to expedite the process, as I was planning to sell my car, they asked me to 1. fax a copy of the payment debited in my bank account. 2. My FedEX account number (as I requested for Overnight Shipping ). Within 2 days, I received my title.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Honda Financial Services website is very difficult to set-up auto pay with. So I paid up 6 months and then paid month-by-month. Honda Financial Services claimed that I missed a payment this spring, I made up the payment the very next month paying $500 dollars and the subsequent month paying 563.00. Only because the website would NOT allow me to put in any other numbers. I called trying to pay the $314 while I could investigate the $500 and the $563.00 but the operator also would not take less than those amounts each month. Adding both months together this comes out to 444.69 and surpasses the 314.47 payment missed the month prior. I was overcharged 130.22. Then I was turned me into the Credit Bureau and it lowered my credit score.

My next dispute, I cancelled my Honda Care and I was told only 173.00 was be returned. Neither was it applied to the month of May where is should have for 173.00 but neither was it returned to me. However, instead when I called Honda Financial Services I was told it was kept as a security deposit. I asked why two years into my lease was I now being charged with a security deposit? After waiting 15 minutes, the representative told me it was in case damages were found on the car when it is returned.

I then said I would buy the car, then the representative said I wouldn’t qualify to refinance the car. I went to a Honda dealership to purchase the car and I was told that Honda Financial Services turned me into the credit bureau this preventing me from buying the car at the Honda dealership. Also, after stating I would buy the car, my payoff increased by a thousand dollars? My payments are up to date. I am writing a letter disputing the charges. I DO NOT RECOMMEND LEASING A HONDA.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: May 24, 2018

I paid off my Honda Odyssey in full yet Honda Financial refuses to release the title for 15 business days to ensure payment clears. 15 days is totally unreasonable. Cleared payment should be no more than 2-3 business days for ACH clearance. This amounts to financial fraud. Honda is holding my property against my will illegally. Honda has lost a customer for life. Never I will I buy or finance a Honda due to this. The result? I was attempting to sale my vehicle -- now I've lost a buyer and time.

Original review: April 17, 2018

DO NOT. I REPEAT...DO NOT EVER GET A LOAN THROUGH HONDA FINANCIAL SERVICES. Their record keeping is horrible. They take money out of your account whenever they feel like it. I have payment records that they say they never received. Several requests have been made to receive paper statements and they don't follow through. I make a request for a paper statement and they send an e-mail thanking me for updating my request to have statement sent via e-mail. They are as crooked as they come. If I could give them 0 stars I would. I don't know why a class action suit hasn't been filed against this company.

Original review: April 15, 2018

For the past two years I have been leasing. I setup the auto pay and did not miss a single payment. I decided to switch my auto pay to the beginning of the month. I called a Honda representative and was reassured that the switch had been made. A month later I look at my credit score and realized it dropped 105 points. I realized that my set up for the auto pay was removed. Complete incompetence! Not only did I have to pay late fees but was also reported to the credit bureau for the 30 day (105 point DECLINE). Honda also FAILED TO INFORM ME that I was late on ONE PAYMENT!!!

Original review: April 13, 2018

I leased a Civic car 36 months from HONDA. Wrongfully they have reported 2 late items for my account which I was never late. I have always paid ahead, so in October 2017 I sent them a check payment to pay off the entire lease amount because I had issues with their online services and they reported late for October. The 2nd was a clear retaliation for the fact I did not renew my lease with them. I returned the lease and was told that I will get my final receipts which I never got. I got 2 separate letters that had were NOT the receipt and I needed the final bill to pay off.

Their agent called me so when told her that haven’t received the final bill I was told she would send it and I never got it. I actually went online to check the status and I could not make what I owed. When I ran my credit it was discovered that they put late charges on the account. I called them right away and paid what they demanded, but they do not want to remove wrong credit reporting because I did not renew the lease. Before when I had the lease active and called Honda Financial they were always nice, but not this time around. They were very rude, loud and unprofessional. I asked for a Supervisor twice and they refuse to have me talk to one. NEVER EVER WILL I BUY OR LEASE HONDA!!!

Original review: April 13, 2018

Never Honda finito. Honda don`t buy or lease a car from this company. I was client for 12 years because I didn't renew a lease with Honda. They killing my credit report, they send a lease fee return to my old address. Stupid people. I give my 3 address but the stupid send the fee to pay to the first 1 like 9 years old 1, so they put me on collection. Thank God we check our credit score. This how I discover this late fee, I made a payment and this crooks company keep sending negative credit report on me, no more Honda... Honda Financial.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I picked up a certified pre-owned Honda Civic Si 6 speed at a fantastic 0.9% interest rate due to a promotion they were running. My bank could not come close to matching this rate so it was a no brainer. After I set up autopay, that was about the only interaction I had with HFS other than a couple of random courtesy calls asking me to rate my experience. While their website and online account management system is far from intuitive and state of the art, it's totally functional and always operated without any issues. I get a text message each month when my payment is taken out, but the process is entirely paperless and on auto pilot if you so desire, no different really than other bills you might have on auto-pay (cable, electricity, etc.).

It would appear as though many of the folks here who have encountered issues experienced them as a result of purchasing more vehicle than they could afford. This is always a mistake. If your car payment is too large of a chunk of your take home pay, it does not take too many financial speed bumps before you are in big trouble. Any creditor is going to be problematic for you. Live within your means is the primary lesson to be learned there. As for me, I have really enjoyed owning my Civic Si. It's a nice sporty 6 speed manual that still gets decent enough gas mileage to be a good daily. It's also been bomb proof and has had no major mechanical issues other than routine maintenance. I could totally see myself getting another Honda next year when my current one is paid off, and I would not hesitate to consider HFS again if they would be willing to offer me a similarly attractive interest rate that I have on my current one.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

My son was late and I agree he was like but I was told I was contacted twice to tell him to catch his payments up and I did this but I was never told that it was affecting my credit. I was told it could affect my credit now while I'm trying to refinance my house. My credit rating went from 720 to 570. If I was told they were sending it to the credit bureau I would have caught him up myself but he told me he was making payments and I knew he did but I was never told how far behind it was. I was never told what was owed and now my credit is screwed. To me that is the sorriest way to do business I have ever seen. My credit was great. I've never missed a payment on nothing and even the loan officer has said that my portion was perfect but now because I Honda Finance not letting me know the correct information my credit is screwed and I directly blame Honda Finance.

I called them and asked him, “Could I get this fixed that I would pay off his amount,” and I did pay off his amount and they said, “Well pay first and then we'll see what we can do,” so I paid and immediately told me, “All there's nothing you can to get done we can't fix it.” Thanks a lot Honda Finance. I can't even reach you with a whole star. If I could go negative I would write a negative report. You are the sorriest company I have ever seen and I had a vehicle to Honda Finance and I paid it off ahead of time. Never missed a payment but I tell you what you don't have to worry. You will never have me as a customer. I guarantee that you're the sorriest company there has ever been. I will tell everyone I know not to ever use Honda Finance and I'm 65 and I have a hell of a lot of friends and if anyone ask me and if they even if they don't ask I'm going to tell him about Honda Finance.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I was 2 months and 5k miles into my lease when I started to notice a loud screeching sound coming from my engine. I brought the car in and the mechanics reassured me it was just my power steering and it was nothing to worry about. Well, 32k miles later it became a $2,000 dollar problem and since I was over my mileage (was planning on financing after the lease) it came out of my pocket. I was also contacted by a Honda Financial Services Rep and he was extremely rude. He sounded like he hated his life. I like to think that maybe his Honda was giving him issues like mine was. Bottom line, Honda isn't what it used to be and I'm switching over to Toyota. I'm also spreading the word to family, friends and acquaintances, in regards to Honda's deceptive practices. I plan on selling my Honda Accord Sport and use that money to put a down payment on a Toyota Camry.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Just wanted to say that my experience with Honda Financial it have been awesome, got a brand new car, and had to take couple of extra weeks to make my payment and helped and understand completely. Also when I got my car, they suggested an insurance called gap, in case I got in an accident, or won't be able to work, that will cover my payment. I'm really happy! Thanks Honda Financial!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I bought a motorcycle and was told that Honda has a good Gap that would total cover my losses in case of theft or accident. Honda Financial forgot to process my Gap Insurance, the one they advertise on their website. I total my bike in an accident, then I contact Honda, they could not find my Gap insurance at all, they gave me their number. I called but they did not had me on their files, so 4 months after the accident they gave me the name of a Fraudulent Gap Insurance that refused to pay, took months to process my claim, did not pay the Bike as it was total.

I request that Honda would come and take the Bike, Honda said they did not want the Bike, Honda ruined my perfect credit of 813 and now they want me to pay my remaining balance of $5000, when if they had the proper insurance it should be covered, and they falsely advertise on their web page about what their Gap Insurance cover. I want them to fix it, clean my credit and stop calling me. They refuse to put anything in writing. Everything has to be over the phone where one cannot prove what they said, shame on them... Where is the state attorney???

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My mother passed away unexpectedly after surgery in Sept. 2017. I called Honda Financial Services to return her leased 2015 Civic which had less than 7k miles. Pick up services took the car and 2 months later a statement arrives stating she owed $4000.00 and change. Honda Financial sold the car looking to get $13000 or 14000 and got high $9000.00. They wanted my mom who passed away to pay the difference of what they didn't get from a lease? which would have ended in June 2018. Myself and my family is still going through the tough unexpected loss and they're looking to get money from a car they sold and didn't get the money they were trying to get? IT WAS A LEASE. She didn't buy the car. Talk about taking advantage of a upsetting situation. HONDA Financial should be ashamed. They decided to sell the car at an auction. Not my mom or my family. You made your money! Stop the greed.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

This is the first time I have felt so compelled to actually get on here and file a complaint on a business and get the word out. This is a customer service AND billing/collections complaint. I also made a BBB report regarding customer treatment and will do with other organizations. I have been on time with everything up until I ran into issues stemming from my accident December of 2016. Therapy, the ability not to work as much due to pain/therapy... I have been finally trying to get back on my feet, but things got tough and I juggle recovery and being a single mom. I was able to notify most companies and have arrangements worked out.

However, Acura Honda financial has only made harassing calls to my family, talked down to me, and threaten me, saying there was nothing they could do to help with payments unless I caught it all up in 10 days. Even after explaining things are already tough and we just got hit by a hurricane, there was little sympathy. I was able to make one payment, called and spoke with a Robin. Now I know it says calls are recorded and I implore a higher up or this company to review that call. I was insulted to tears after hanging up. I was told I need to "look inside at myself as to why this is happening to me", "I need to help myself before I can get help", "Ask family for money, or I am not doing enough"... It goes on and on.

I am a single mom that works hard, trying to recover (I actually have medical proof and my attorney info as I have a trial pending for my injuries), just had a hurricane hit, and was asking for help. I have never been so talked down to, insulted, or disrespected. This woman should not have a job. All I asked for was help to keep my car during this difficult time not get insulted and degraded for my hardship. I implore someone at that company to pull that call!!! This company is a nightmare. Be warned, I was lied to from the get-go at the dealership too and being overcharged too.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I've been with Honda for over 7 years, totaling 3 vehicles leased over that time frame. Very loyal but not anymore. I had a very bad experience with this company. Like 99% of people we all fall on hard times. I fell behind on a few payment due to the horrific hurricanes, helping family. Anyhow, In fear of the car getting repo, I contacted customer service to ask what amount I can pay to keep in good standing until I pay the whole amount in full. The representative informed $600. I paid that amount on the 1st of sept and then paid on my due date which was on the 7th. Nope they still took the car on the 23rd. I called customer service and they said I was suppose to make a payment again in 10 days from my last payment?!? No one communicated anything as I would have made the payment!!!

I thought I was in good standing and was planning to make the last payment the end of month to clear the balance of $500. I had everything in order and would make my monthly on time. Anyhow, When I called customer services to find out about how to get my car back and how much I was supposed to pay in total, the representative was extremely rude. I asked to speak to "John" (whom was dealing with my case) which the representative said he is not available. I wish I would have gotten his name. He is was so nasty considering, yes I called in a panic because my car was missing. Nowhere was I rude like him (What goes around comes around).

Anyhow, When I was ready to pay, which I had about $2k, another rude representative told me that I need it to call a different department. When I called that department they informed that I would have to pay off the whole loan amount 23k and that the "decision" was made. I informed I was ready to clear the balance at the end of the month. However no one communicated that the balance should be cleared in 10 days. I'm sitting here with money to pay off the late fees and towing. When I spoke to the repo man although I was suppose to be in good standing in September no one communicated to him to even stop the repo since JULY. In his account it shows my status has been open since JULY.

There is a lot of miscommunication, dishonesty and wrongdoing here. I gave up on the car because who has 23k to pay. I'm leasing another car now, and will just put the money toward a car I'm looking to buy. I will never go through Honda nor whatever "payoff" they give me. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to pay and will join the billions of people in default and debt in America. Great job. Enjoy the car Honda.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

As a lot customer for almost ten years now! I have never been treated with such disregard. Between the dealer and Honda Financial I will NEVER lease or purchase another Honda again. Such back and forth BS! The fact that they could care less about their customers' satisfaction is mind blowing to me. And to see all of these other reviews!!! Twice now the dealer has shorted a payoff check of a lease and bonds financial charged me for a vehicle I no longer owned and traded in already. So quick to take my money so difficult to get a refund. Why aren't the dealers and Honda Financial in communication with one another??

They told me my refund is denied because the dealer shorted the check, SO CALL THE DEALER! Instead it's been me going back and forth, Honda Financial telling me one thing and then telling the dealer another. I just want my refund!!! I paid you on the new vehicle and now you have a payment on a vehicle I don't own. Seriously never going back to Honda ever again!!! And I'll be sure to tell my family and friends. Thanks for your WONDERFUL customer service Honda Financial!!! I don't understand how you're still in business.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

About a year ago I decided to lease a 2016 Honda Fit. Everything was going well. I was making my payments, working two jobs when I became pregnant back in February. A couple months into my pregnancy I fell very ill and was in and out of the hospital. I was forced to have to leave my job after 2 years of being with the company. I was getting sick about 20 times a day and lost 50 Ibs within 2 months. After a couple months I started to feel better and decided to try to find a new job less demanding at 5 months pregnant. I worked for about a month and a half trying to keep up on my payments when I had become ill again and I was in and out of the hospital. Again I was not able to work due to more health problems and for the safety of my unborn child.

I had contacted Honda Financial and went to the place I leased the car to see if there was anything they could do to either lower my payments or get me out of my lease. At this point they told me there was nothing that they could do and that I would just have to suffer through it for another year. They do not let you sublease or anything. Instead of Honda caring about its consumer all they do is care about you making your payment. You could be in the hospital on your death bed and they would show up to repossess your car. They also had explained if I couldn't afford the car anymore and did a voluntary repossession that it would destroy my credit for 7-10 years so I wouldn't be able to purchase a home or anything of that nature to give my child a better life. At this point I am disgusted with Honda Financial and the way they conduct their business. I would definitely under no circumstances do business with this company again.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

My family and I have been Loyal long time Honda Automobile owners. My wife and I just ended our relationship with Honda, and my adult sons and daughters will doing the same shortly! That is seven in all. Let me explain why. The dealership in Philadelphia are excellent, the one in Littleton Co was horrible, but the real issue is Honda Financial Services. The people that man the phones are impolite, especially when they can't answer a question. When they elevate your call it gets worse. The supervisors have no authority to make decisions, and there is no one they can elevate the call to. They tell you to write a letter, which I did. It took several weeks for me to hear back, and in the end there was nothing they could do to resolve the many issues. Which included hidden charges, improperly reported to the Credit Bureau, incorrect information.

I have learned that their customer service reps are improperly trained, and they have little or no decision-making authority. Honda makes a sound car, and as I said we dealt with the same car dealership for more than twenty years who are terrific. The dealership in Colorado on the other hand was horrible. They gave out misinformation, and they don't return phone calls. I tried my best to get to Corporate Affairs offices several times, again we found it near impossible to speak with anyone with decision-making power. It was difficult for us to move away from Honda, but we felt they left us with no alternative, and penalized us on the way out by slapping a $350.00 fee for not renewing with Honda.

I could maybe accept that if I was a first-time leaseholder of a Honda, but after an entire family's more than twenty years of loyalty you would think they would reward that by waiving the fee. We said goodbye to Honda with some constructive advice. Train and teach your people at Honda Financial Services proper customer Service skills, more importantly empower them with decision-making solutions... I hope someone authority reads this and has the courage to turn the terrible experience we have had and learn from it. Otherwise like many other good companies they will suffer by losing loyal customers like us!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I am a four time Honda customer. I've leased 3 CR-Vs and recently purchased a 2017 Pilot Ex-L. After 9 years of paying $300 per month plus fees and $43K for the Pilot, HFS is trying to gouge me for turn in fees and three remaining months on my last lease. Part of the fault lies with my sales person at Apple Honda. She knew that I assumed there would be lease forgiveness as with my past leases. But for the sake of a sale she did not tell me otherwise.

They are trying to bill me for $975. I spoke to their customer service but they care little for brand loyalty and don't care if I ever do business with them again. I paid for the Pilot cash out of my money market. I own two homes that are paid for and I have all the credit cards I need. So, the fact that they lowered my credit score by 120 points doesn't phase me in the least. When I am ready to trade in this Pilot I will pay cash again but I will be buying anything BUT a Honda. In fact, I just bought my granddaughter a 2014 Ford Escape. If not for their penny pinching stupidity, that would have been a CR-V.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I recently was having trouble with my payment due to my husband having a stroke and was in the hospital. We got behind due having to pay for his care. In doing the best we could to catch up I called HFS to make arrangements and to see about possibly deferring 1 month (as they say you can do during the life of the lease) and making my past due payment to get caught up. There were other fees on my account from the fact that I don't get paid but once a month during the 3rd week. I was told I could call back and I could get things resolved. Fast forward to today and spoke with 2 people 1 of which was a manager who were completely rude. I tried to explain to the rep about what was going on and what I had discussed with the prior person. She advised something different was noted and that we had to "Figure it out" on our own basically.

When I asked to speak with a supervisor the rep loudly sighed and said she would "See if one is available" and quickly put me on hold. The supervisor came on and was equally unhelpful and rude. She asked me about my husband's income and I told her it pays the mortgage. She then questioned me if I was who I said because I said "their". I told her again that I said the and not sure why she was questioning me all of the sudden when I am trying to resolve things with them.

She then started to speak really close to the phone as if she was trying to intimidate me. I told her I didn't appreciate her calling me a liar and I'm trying to take care of things. The supervisor continued to be unhelpful and I ended the call. I agree with other reviews they have no care about anyone except themselves. Proper training in their call centers would go a long way with their people. My husband and I will never do business with HFS again once our lease is complete!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Terrible service especially from the management team. Scott ** and Joe ** are 2 biggest crooks and liars. On 09/04/17 I went to return my lease and they had all kinds of excuses not to accept the car. First, Scott told me that I needed to have an appointment even though I called their corporate to make sure and was told that no appointment is necessary. Then they told me they don't accept returns on the weekend or holiday. After all the arguments, Scott told me that the person who is in charge of returns will be there in 2 hours and made me come back.

When I came back the sales rep Kevin was very rude, started arguing with me and told me that if I didn't like their rules, I needed to get the hell out of there. When I told him that he cannot treat me and talk to me like that, he told me that he shouldn't even help me, threw paperwork on the desk, walk out and called me a "**". My husband was outside taking the plates off and when he come back he was looking for Kevin so he can apologize to me and Joe and Scott were trying to cover up for him, lying even more by saying that they sent him home.

After all the paperwork was completed and we were about to leave, we noticed Kevin walked in to the manager's office and that's when my husband made him apologize to me in front of everybody. This is unacceptable. Kevin should not be working in customer service and has to go through anger management sessions, I hope Honda offers that. I've been with that Honda for 9 years and never had to experience the humiliation as I did today. They will definitely not have my business ever again. I will be calling corporate and HR department to make sure the above listed employees are held responsible for their actions.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

At the end of the lease term, you are made aware that if you do not lease or buy another Honda you will be assessed a turn in fee. Loyal customers will get this fee waived. So, I am penalized because I chose not to stay with Honda? However, Honda did not give me any reason to stay. Shouldn't I be rewarded or convinced to stay with Honda other than the threat of a fee? Instead I was offered the same type of car but $100 more a month. I have been a loyal Honda customer for over 10 years and still have a leased Honda in my driveway. Once this lease is up, I will never buy or lease another Honda again. Yes, I understand the turn in fee is part of the contract I signed, but it is very disappointing to see a prominent establishment penny pinch to try to get their customers to stay with them.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I have been a long term customer of Honda - 3 leased cars… never been late even for a single time in the past 10 years. Lately leased a new 2017 Honda Accord at around end of Dec. 2016 and made first month's payment. In January I had a medical emergency due to having a brain stroke and ended up in the hospital for couple of months. Upon coming home found out that I missed Jan payment, I called to HFA to make the late payment and get setup on monthly auto-debit option... since then monthly payments are being auto drawn out of bank account on-time. Now I’m in the middle of buying another, more affordable house but noticed showing a late payment and having a hard time to qualify for the mortgage.

Today I tried to call HFA 3 times to explain my situation and to see if they could help with doing one time goodwill adjustment... but HFA customer service seemed to be so inhuman an of touch and appeared just dummy robots. Sometimes circumstances do happens in one's life which are beyond any one's control… both times they hung up my call and refused to even listen to me properly... now I’m helpless, such a misconduct might be an acceptable norm in Japan or Korea but not in America... Never going to buy another Honda ever again!!!

Original review: July 20, 2017

So... to start I want to clarify that this is a review for HONDA FINANCIAL SERVICES or HFS (not the dealer I went through). After signing my lease, and it was processed through HFS, I registered my account and I'd already set up my automatic payments. The Planet Honda dealer messed up and needed to "adjust" the numbers on my leasing contract after they'd already processed the first version of the contract with Honda financial to open my account. When HFS processed that correction to my contract, they closed that original account without giving me notice. After that account was closed and I no longer had access to it as they opened a new one, they still processed the scheduled payments from the old closed account. And my new updated account said there was still payment due! They wanted me to pay them twice and hope I didn't notice. That was at the START of my lease.

Later my car was totaled in an accident and the at fault insurance company contacted Honda Financial Services to get the payoff amount for my lease. HFS proceeded to CLOSE MY CURRENT ACCOUNT AGAIN LIKE THEY DID BEFORE WITHOUT GIVING ME NOTICE. I could not log on to cancel scheduled payments. And OF COURSE, despite them having already closed my account, they STILL processed an automatic payment that was scheduled. So on top of my payoff amount, they're trying to get another months payment without a second thought.

It should be standard that a lease or loan holder is notified when his or her account is being changed in anyway. And if HFS decides that an account holder should no longer have access to any account, then they should also assume they themselves no longer have access to any BANK ACCOUNTS associated with that account until the account and payment schedule is made AVAILABLE to the account holder. I claimed fraud with my bank the first time, and they were able to quickly fight the charge and pay me back. Hopefully the same can be done this time around... Unbelievable... Honda's Financial Services are ridiculously outdated, and their hours of operation are in complete disregard to the availability of the actual customers they are meant to serve. Never again.

Original review: July 10, 2017

Their system is out dated. You have to call between 9 am-5 pm Monday-Friday and I guess 90% of society are working at that time. They don't have a chat or anything and they expect you to fax or mail important information instead of dealing with the Acura dealer that sold you car. When I moved states it was the worst experience ever since I was getting charge property taxes for like 10 months because they could not figure how to fix the problem, I was received a fee for decal too from my previous state and I did all the required paperwork at the DMV and County. I did a buyout on my lease and until this day Acura couldn't figure it out where is their car and I return it to an Acura Dealership. Acura is trying to do luxury leases and all the top notch companies (Audi, Benz, BMW) are always taking care of their customers 100%. Acura no more!

Original review: July 10, 2017

My father leased a car in November 2016. He told the sales person he was terminally ill with cancer and just wanted to drive a new car before he died. The salespeople told him when he passed away his daughter (me) could just turn in the car. When my Dad passed away in May 2017 I called Honda Financial to turn in the car. I explained my Dad passed away May 2017 and my Mom also passed away January 2017 so it's been a terrible year so far. I also explained I have a lease with Honda.

They told me there was nothing they could do and I would have to pay the lease off or sign the car over to someone to get rid of the car. I requested a copy of the lease multiple times and finally had to have my lawyer contact them to get a copy of the lease. Finally my lawyer reviewed the lease and found there is no death clause in the lease. Honda STILL will not return my calls or my lawyers. This has been a NIGHTMARE in such a hard time for me

Original review: July 2, 2017

I had leased a 2016 Honda Odyssey of which I was involved in a motor vehicle accident 1 year later that rendered the vehicle a total loss. The insurance company paid $24,908 of the $26,534 owed and after some payments I made, there was a balance of $1,164.21. Due to financial difficulties at the time, I could not make a full payment of the balance but was making partial payments. As of June 1st the balance was reduced to $937.21. The payments were accepted without any rejection or return of payment. Prior to the accident, I was never late nor missed any payments on the lease.

Without any warning, Honda Financial Services sent me two letters dated June 1st and June 3rd. I did not receive them until June 9th. The first letter said my debt was charged off for failing to fulfill my "contractual obligation" and was being sent to collections. No explanation was provided for what this meant. The second letter, dated June 3rd, said I had 15 days to pay the debt. Relying on the second letter, I paid it in full on June 18 and called on June 19th to have them remove the charge off from my credit reports. The representative was rude from the start saying they called and told me I had to pay it in full. I never received a call or letter prior to June saying if I did not pay the balance I was going into collections.

He said they spoke to my wife, but she was never told that if full payment wasn't made by June 1st, the debt was being charged off and going into collections. When I tried to explain the reasons for the delay and that I paid it off once I had the ability to do so (which was also within the 15 days demanded in Honda Financial's letter) the representative's response was "Not my problem". He refused to remove the charge off and said I could not speak with a supervisor. The representative also denied having any information of Honda Finance sending me the June 3rd letter that gave me 15 days to pay off the balance. I faxed it over to him but of course got no response.

Based on their fraudulent and misleading representations my credit score was lowered 90 points. I paid off the balance within the time specified in Honda Financial's letter and its response to me was essentially "We don't care" and "Not my problem". Honda Financial Services' attitude was demeaning to me as a consumer who was never late on payments prior to the accident and continued making payments even after the vehicle was rendered a total loss. I will never purchase or lease a Honda again and would recommend anyone that may anticipate some future financial difficulties to avoid buying or leasing a Honda at all costs.

Honda Financial Services Company Information