Honda Financial Services

Honda Financial Services

1.6/5 (58 ratings)

About Honda Financial Services

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

Honda Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: May 19, 2022

I have had 8 accounts over the years with Honda Financial Services since 2008. My last account was closed in April or May of 2021. On July 16, 2021 and July 17, 2021 Honda Financial Services put unauthorized and unrequested hard credit inquiries on my Equifax credit file. I filed a dispute with Equifax and they did nothing. I filed a dispute with the FTC and they did nothing. I called Honda and they said they have no record of the hard credit inquiries and to file a dispute with Equifax and they will fix it. I have already filed a dispute with Equifax and it was not resolved at all. I talked to Equifax today and they said it is very simple for Honda Financial Services to resolve this by sending an electronic not telling Equifax to remove the credit inquiries. So now I have both companies refusing to help and saying the other has to fix this.

I'm furious and will not only never use Honda Financial Services again, I will also never buy a Honda ever again after buying 8 in 14 years. I will also leave reviews like this one everywhere I can find a place to leave one telling everyone that Honda financial services illegally accessed my credit file and refuses to admit they did it and have it remove. Avoid Honda at all costs!!!!

Original review: May 13, 2022

I purchased my car when my lease was about to expire. When I finally got someone on the phone to discuss about the refund they owed to me for the cancellation of my tire insurance three years ago, they told me I could have applied the refund to my purchase but since I have already paid the full amount I will have to call back to ask for the refund when the payment is posted. The wait time for a person to come to the phone is usually an hour if not all day. The amount should be due back to me when the last lease payment was made.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2022

My nephew leased a 2019 Honda with the intent to buy it at the end of the lease. I co-signed the loan because his credit history was too short For him to qualify alone. He auto paid the entire lease term, and never had a late payment. I mailed the final buyout payment, as instructed, 6 days before it was due. Three weeks later, my check not cashed, I phoned customer service because that is the only way to contact them...no email or online chat. The agent (after 1 hour 20 minutes on hold) said it seemed to take an average of 5 weeks for them to process payments, no reason why. I asked her to make a note in my file so they knew I paid and the problem was on their end.

For the next 5 weeks, I got a daily prerecorded message telling me my payment was overdue....couldn’t talk to anyone, it hung up immediately. Customer service hold times were over an hour long, and it’s impossible to wait while at work. Then I started getting “return the car” demand letters. I went to the dealer, whose unhelpful response was “you should have come here to pay”. I wrote a letter and demanded a response, including them noting my payment was timely, as I knew it was going to affect my credit score.

So, 7 1/2 weeks after my on time payment was made, my check was cashed. Here’s the fun part: I have not made a late payment on anything in the last 25 years. One “30 day late payment" from my friends at Honda dropped my credit score from 850 (yup, been there for a year) to 764. That’s **....Never, ever having anything to do with Honda ever again

Original review: April 27, 2022

Honda USA does not provide loaners for safety related problems. My entire family and I have been loyal Honda customers for years. We lease 4 cars at a time and I have sent more than half a dozen people every few months. I have never seen such ignorance in my life. One of our Hondas (HR-V) has a transmission problem and A/C problem. It also burns a lot of fuel. Not sure even if it has anything to do with the recent transmission recall. Transmission won’t shift to higher gears. Have to stop and turn the car off and it goes on and on.

Car is only two years old so warranty is not a problem. Neither local Westchester County NY Honda dealerships nor Honda USA are willing to provide a loaner. Honda USA Case#**. It took few days for me to get a hold of someone at Honda USA and my dealership’s service manager (Yonkers Honda) wouldn’t even call me back. In fact denied ever hearing about this issue. This is the end of Honda for my family and I. Half the cars are due within few months. I will not be a part of this mess.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Saying I’m mad is an understatement…I had leased my Honda Civic for three years before I buying it, I had all my payments on autopay and never missed one. When my lease was over we bought the car and we were told by the accountant the autopay would remain the same. That was not the case. Before the matter got straightened out they put a delinquency on my credit score that went from 805 to 690. When I tried to dispute it they gave false accusations and would not let me speak to a manager. NEVER again will I use Honda finance!!! I worked so hard for that credit score and they blew it down in a second for something that wasn’t even my fault the payments were getting taken out of my account but still going towards the lease and not the purchase.

In the last past 5 years we have bought 3 cars, using their financing companies only with Honda it has been a nightmare. Beware before you buy. My credit score will slowly go back up, but they have definitely lost my business, my family and my friends. I hope their power trip and their lack of customer service was worth it. I will be seeking legal advice for the matter.

Original review: April 8, 2022

Dealing with Honda Financial has been such a bear. They keep inaccurate records and don't even allow the consumer to provide proof. Been nothing but a nightmare and hours upon hours trying resolve an issue. Whatever you do, try to finance with another institution, no matter what your sales guy says!

Original review: April 8, 2022

I have now tried 3 times to make a payment online. 1st time I set up autopay, literally copying and pasting my account and routing number onto their site. It failed. I then tried a 1 time payment, it failed also. I then called them and gave them the account number, this has failed also. I am literally trying to give them money but their system is such trash it can't accept it. I have owned several cars with this same bank account and have NEVER had an issue with any other company.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Honda Financial is absolutely horrible! I wasted 4 hours on the phone, a total of 5 calls, and still could not get a person from the Lease Maturity Dept. Customer service has no clue, and kept changing their answers, so I couldn't trust their knowledge. Last time I called I was on hold from 4:08 until 5:00 at which time they cut me off with a recording saying that they are now closed!!! As much as I love Honda, I will not lease another one because of the aggravation at the end of the lease. Furthermore, their website is as bad as their customer service!!!

Original review: March 7, 2022

The representative name Diana provided me very terrible customer service. She literally spoke with me like I’m a trash. She kept saying "Uhh uhh" and kept telling me I don’t understand anything. She also yelled at me saying she doesn’t work in customer service. This is not acceptable at all!!!! I’m very very being mistreated by this women and I expect very professional service from Honda.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Texas Toll tag do not issue vehicle toll tag due to Honda Leasing restrictions and hold as lessor. Honda is very poor in communication system. Takes long holds on phone and consumer has no access on Honda Leasing web to contact and resolve issues. Texas Toll Authority charge penalty every time passing thru and consumer has to pay by mail or in person toll bill. Honda leasing must issue release and allow customers to obtain Toll tag immediately after registering vehicles.

Honda Financial Services Company Information