2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Honda Financial Services

Honda Financial Services
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.02/5

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

Honda Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: July 25, 2020

Charged me one additional month payment, when they had the vehicle returned 10 days early. Agreed to discharge the payment, then didn't. Asked me to provide the paperwork, AGAIN, which I did and then backtracked on the arrangement. Started putting chargeoffs on the credit report, and screwed me out of my new home. Then, had the nerve to ask for the payment again. $70000 worth of Honda vehicles in my driveway, and they were worried about $250. Not good business throwing away lifelong customers for a misunderstanding. Even got told on the phone after I said I was frustrated, that "Honda Financial is frustrated too." Trust me, you don't need my $250 in a billion dollar company. Good thing that got that $250, they are going to lose out on $70000 in sales in 2 months when the leases are up.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I have paid off my Odyssey from May and I have not received the title. I called customer service and she told me they have mailed it on June 3. I asked her to provide me the tracking number, mail confirmation, or verification for mailing the title but she refuse my requested and only provide the date June 3 was the date they send out the title. She is telling me that I have to pay for $30 by phone to get lien release or do it online for $25 then go to DMV to get duplicate title. This is not right that I have to pay for extra $$ to get the title if not my fault, but seem like she did not care.

I am very disappointed about this matter. I had bad experience with Honda service not only this title matter but when I purchased my Honda Odyssey from May 2015, the salesman gave me 2 keys. I have used only 1 key and when I need to use the other key then to find out that key did not work. I have called them and brought the key to Honda service then they told me the salesman gave me the wrong key that why it did not work. They told me to pay $$$ to get the new key. I was mad and now this happened to me again with the title issue. I have business with them for 15 years. I purchased Honda Odyssey from 2005, and purchased another vehicle from 2015 until now. Is it fair to continue to have business with them?

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Have tried for over a week to contact this company both via phone and email, there website simply indicates it is temporarily unavailable. How do you contact a service company if there is no means of access?

Original review: June 8, 2020

I love Honda cars, but their Finance division sucks big time. Worst customer service ever! None of the numbers are working and it's been a nightmare trying to reach anyone for the past few days. It's been more than a year and I am yet to get my title after paying off my finance. I am now stuck as I cannot sell my car. I am not sure how Honda is even allowing these folks to ruin the brand name! Never ever Honda!

Original review: May 28, 2020

I paid off my Acura and after 4 months I have not received the title. Called customer service and they told me they have mailed it. The problem is they have mailed it regular mail with no tracking number, no signature required and obviously got lost in the mail because I never got it. Who is sending important documents with no tracking number??? It sure paints a picture about how much they care about their customers. They are making so much money on financing and trying to save on petty mail charge. Now they are telling me that I have to go to DMV and obtain a new title on my own cost after they send me the lien release. You are terrible! and dont deserve any business!

Original review: May 27, 2020

I am a military deployed to Afghanistan. I used the service member relief act to return my Honda Accord lease. After my departure my mother followed up with Honda and she paid the balance they have requested. At my surprise Honda charge off $210 in my credit report. They sent us a letter confirmed that nothing was was due and still charge me off. Please do not give your business to those evil. Honda has no respect to a military in the war zone. I will ever buying Honda again. Ever.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I have been with HFS for TWENTY years. I had purchased two vehicles and leased 5! During the COVID-19 crisis, I was recently late on a payment. In TWENTY years, I had NEVER been late on a payment, and yet, they were totally unforgiving. I was 30 days late and they immediately reported it to Experian. They were totally unforgiving. They state on their website that they are there to help customers who are facing hardship through COVID-10, but apparently not customers who have been making business with them this long!

Original review: May 6, 2020

I paid the car loan off on the date payment was due, received the title, received a check for an overpayment of the loan, and then received notification that HFS reported the loan as delinquent. The company refuses to reverse this reporting. This was my second Honda I had financed through them. It is the last transaction. I plan to tell my friends & family to buy anything but a Honda or Acura. Good Job Honda from a loyal customer to a never buying it again.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Updated on 06/15/2020: I leased a 2016 Honda 2016 on 02/06/2017. I liked the car so I went to White Plains Honda to trade in my 2016 CRV and lease a 2019 CRV. During the lease process I was told by the dealer that they will take care of the remaining of 2016 CRV lease fee, seeing as I'm trading the car in. Since the agreement was made verbally and I'm a trusting customer, I never checked if it was included anywhere in the new contract lease (my mistake to trust a dealer). So, I left my 2016 CRV at the dealership and drove away with my new 2019 CRV. Now, the Honda Financial Service is coming in with its ways to pocket more money for their Christmas bonuses. Honda Financial Services wants me to pay two lease fees: one for 2016 CRV (which is in Honda's possession) and on 2019 CRV (which I pay for and drive).

Now, let's suppose Honda already leased the same 2016 CRV and is collecting a lease fee from the new lease. Collecting a fee from me also for the same period of time, aren't they "double dipping"? Or even just plain milking money? Shouldn't there be a provision that when a loyal customer leases a car from the same car manufacturer, trading in the old, the new lease contract should waive or take over the old lease contract? The service representative with whom I spoke was not willing to help and had no knowledge. She was just kept repeating "You signed a contract, you need to pay." Shame on you Honda Financial Service for disrespecting your customers this way!

Now, to show even farther Honda Financial Services greed and lack of care for its customers, I am going to report another despicable way for making more and more money in these times when, since 03/14/2020 people were ordered to stay home by governor Cuomo because Coronavirus. I was not sure if I could pay my bills, so I contacted the companies that bill me and told them know that I will make partial or no payments. The customer service from HFS was helpful telling me that I don't have to pay until 06/15/2020, but now I've received 2 bills from HFS charging me a late fee! I'm attaching the two documents. I called HFS again and I was told by a rude agent named Alex "the supervisors have no time to go online". They can't be bothered to talk to a customer.

Original Review: I leased a 2019 CRV on 31/12/19. Previously, I leased a 2016 CRV with the lease ending on 6/3/20. The dealer, White Plains Honda, verbally agreed to pay the remaining of the lease fee. Now, after I sign the lease, they refused. HFS is forcing me to pay at the same time two lease fees. Is this not pure greed and no consideration/care for their customers? If HFS would be willing to work with me they will cancel the lease fee for 2016 CRV. Honda has the car now.

Original review: April 24, 2020

All the other reviewers have already said what needs to be said. I love my car, but I will never lease from Honda again. Avoid these people. The car isn’t worth it. Oh, this program requires that I be more specific! How about the fact that you have no choice but to deal with them by phone, and they have one phone # for the entire operation, and, during your half-hour hold, they force you to listen to advertising?

Honda Financial Services Company Information