2. Finance
Honda Financial Services

Honda Financial Services

3.7/5 (278 ratings)

About Honda Financial Services

Honda is a Japanese auto maker that makes cars, SUVs, crossovers, minivans and trucks. Read reviews for their models:

Honda Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I paid off my loan four months ago and I still don't have the title or lien release document. I have repeatedly had to wait on hold longer than an hour for their customer service. This is insane. I can't sell my car without that document. I'm getting ready to sue.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Worst customer service ever. I sent a payoff to an address provided in the letter they gave me where to send the payoff and they told me I sent it to the wrong place for trusting a letter they sent to me.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

To whom is concern dealing with Honda Financial Services. This has been the worse experience I have encountered. I recently totaled my car in September and I got right on the ball with everything, My insurance paid it in full of what it was worth. I had to call Gap to pay the rest. What Honda did not let me know even though I called every single day to see if they got the check. They were charging me every single day that it wasn’t paid off which If I was aware of I would’ve paid it off and got reimbursed by gap but instead no one told me anything until I spoke with the supervisor Diana which takes four business days to speak to!!!! Even though she knew her staff did not inform me she gave me no sympathy and did nothing!!! PLEASE EVERYONE DO NOT refinance your car with Honda financial services!!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Phone hold 45 minutes, 5 calls I was told 5 days, then 2 weeks now 4-6 weeks to get the title. Never again Honda. Never again. Paid for 15,000 miles. Was given 12,000. They would not correct it. "Buy more miles."

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I was in a head on collision going 40mph and my airbag didn’t deploy. The other driver drove the wrong direction into my lane. Her car was totaled. My Civic had almost $8,000 in damages and has been in the shop for over a month waiting a replacement seatbelt. No one can give us any idea when the seatbelt may arrive. I called Honda Financial because I shouldn’t have to pay them for a car I can’t drive. I spoke with a girl named Esther who was trying to help me and was going to talk to her supervisor.

We got disconnected, and when I called back another girl told me that I couldn’t speak with a supervisor but one could call me back in 1-2 business days. I have a very hard time believing that, especially since the first girl Esther was already trying to help me before we got disconnected. The second girl hung up on me when I wanted to record our conversation. Turns out they can record a conversation but the customer can’t. Esther did call me back to say she was waiting to speak with her supervisor still. I haven’t heard anything since. Honda Financial will not call me back. Why should I have to pay Honda Financial when Honda Motors can’t make a seatbelt? Absolutely horrible customer service.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I transferred a vehicle that was purchased out of state to my new state of residence. Because of that, I had to pay an upfront Tax fee for the new state through Honda Financial. I received an invoice for the tax fee plus the rent fee. When I paid this in full, Honda never applied the tax fee payment correctly and overpaid my rent payment. Thus, invoice me with a late payment and an amount still due for tax. In order to get their error fixed..called 1800-445-1345 from statement and on hold for 1hr 40min+, then I found another number to call and it actually had a live person right away. So much for the lost 2 hrs trying to get Honda Financial's error fixed. Have they ever heard of Voice mail or chat as a customer service tool? Really would think twice about getting a Honda again through them

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I needed a copy of the certificate of title to register my car after an out of state move. Simple, right? This was not addressed anywhere on the website and there is no chat feature or email address so I called customer service. I was informed it would be an hour and a half wait. This gave me enough time to figure out that I could pay off my loan and arrange that, update my contacts and organize my email. After more than 2 hours the call was disconnected. I got a lot done but I have no idea when I will get my pink slip. The loan rate was great but if you ever need customer service....

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

They charge me twice the clark fee. I had to call many times for have my money back. The first check I received in my address but was cancel. I talk to them and they again confirmed my address and told me they send me another check. After more than one month I called again and Ayre told me the check was send, but the address was one I don't use for almost 2 years. She asked me my address again and told me they will send another check. Shame on Honda. I change my address many times with them and in the post office. So disrespectful at least.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I paid my car off December 2018 - Been trying to get a lien release or title since then. After waiting on hold each and every time for more than 50 minutes and always promised that it will be sent out…we are still waiting. They refer you to “My Title Support” (a 3rd party) and they never respond to “My Title Support” requests for loan payoff either! NEVER EVER finance through Honda Financial Services!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I bought out my lease a little over 3 months ago. I sent all the paperwork HFS requested for me to receive the title. It has been 2 months since I sent the paperwork, 4 weeks since talking to someone (after being on hold for 55 minutes) at HFS and they confirmed my title was being sent to me. It's not. I just spoke to another representative last week trying to figure out where the title is and no one has requested the title yet. NEVER USE HONDA FINANCIAL SERVICES, you'll end up ripping out all your hair.

Honda Financial Services Company Information