Chrysler Financial
1.15/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

Chrysler Financial

Chrysler has released six generations of minivans since 1984. Read more Chrysler reviews to learn about other models.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

253 Chrysler Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I leased a Ram 1500 from Kahlo CJD in Noblesville Indiana Sept 2017. I presented my driver's license which had my home address and stated where I worked, which was in Illinois. After the deal was made, I expressed to them since I live in Illinois, they must make sure they charged the proper taxes which I was assured "Don't worry, We do this all the time". I don't need someone to come to me months later and say "oh by the way you owe..." Now keep in mind, I am NOT a tax exempt entity nor did I present myself to be... I signed the lease agreement and have made EVERY payment as agreed...

In the spring of 2018, someone at the dealer submitted to the State of Illinois a tax exemption form stating that I am a tax exempt entity. The state of Illinois then billed Chrysler Financial, to the tune of 2300.00 and now Chrysler is trying to shake it out of me. NOW KEEP IN MIND THERE IS A 3000.00 TAX WHICH WAS WRITTEN IN ON THE LEASE AGREEMENT WHICH IS PART OF YOUR PAYMENT. WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO? Also, if I was a tax exempt, why wouldn't that have been filed at the time of lease... NOT 7 MONTHS LATER WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT? I have called the dealer and they said they would "look" into it... NOTHING. I have called Chrysler Financial and they even stated they would turn it over to their Dealer Operations Section... LIE. NOTHING. Chrysler Financial in the same phone call called it several things... "it's a property tax... it's an excise tax... wait wait... no... it a property tax..." ALL BS.

I even got them to say it was NOT my responsibility and yet the charge is still there... Now... here we are January 2019 and the same nonsense... "Oh our VP "Mr. **" is handling it," NO RESPONSE. If the dealer was on the up and up... why don't they just provide Chrysler Financial the receipt they got from the State of Illinois for the taxes paid? Answer... They never sent the money. No receipt. DO NOT DEAL WITH KAHLO CJD IN INDIANA. TRUST ME ON THIS.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I leased a Dodge Dart from 2014 to mid-2017. I turned it in six months early since the mileage was almost up anyway and I wanted a bigger car. The remaining payments on the Dart were folded into my new Jeep payments and I was mailed a check for the balance to immediately repay Chrysler Capital. (Note: it was mail from a large company, so I got it about a week/week and a half after I turned in the car.) Life is ostensibly good until today when I was told that I owe over $2000 for an early termination fee. It turns out (and I was not told this by the dealership) that I needed to pay the balance from that mailed check within five days of turning in the car.

If it was paid after that point, I would be responsible for the loss the dealership makes when the car is sold at auction. I was not told this when I bought the Jeep, nor did I receive any bills in the mail. They just called every six weeks or so and left a voicemail that made it sound like they were trying to get me to lease another vehicle. This whole experience has left the most sour taste in my mouth. See if I ever buy a Chrysler again after all of this.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I have had terrible experience. This is my first car purchase and I had horrible experience from the start having to take 4 hours waiting at the Tomball branch to have my documents processed. The price quoted was $19,000 and the final selling price was $29,000. I was tricked into giving all sorts of reasons that they had to add in $3000 as I was a first time buyer and that my loan wasn’t approved, and because the bank will charge them a fee so he has to add it on the selling price and after adding in all the taxes, add ons and warranties, it has become $29k. Then, I checked the online account and to my horror, I (the buyer) was shown as a co-borrower and my co-signer was showed as the borrower.

This is incorrect usage of my information and my co-signer’s information (or rather did Chrysler perform a wrong transaction without notifying the customer?). I called in the contact center and was told that first that they had to do it because the loan wasn’t approved and they could only get the credit approved by making the switch. (Really? Without informing the customer?) Then she was going to get the manager to speak with me as she can’t make the switch and the line got disconnected. I called in again and spoke with another agent who asked me tons of verification questions which I already punched in the IVR and she assumed that I was wrong and they follow the contract and it could be possible that I signed at the wrong spot.

Really? Is this how a serious issue is handled? After checking my details and the copy of the contract it became clear that I and my co-signer signed correctly and the mistake was at their end. She said that she will just notify her finance team to make the switch and apologised for the inconvenience. I then asked her what can they do to address the inconvenience that I have gone through. How will they turn my experience around and make me a happy customer to which she said that there is nothing they can do except apologising. I asked for the call to be escalated as I was still not happy. I then spoke with the supervisor who repeated the same thing and said that they don’t compensate for such errors except apologising.

He even said that there is no way a customer could find out such information about the name switch unless someone informed them from their office. I said that I can see that online. I asked to be escalated further and spoke with a lady at the executive office who said the same thing and that they don’t compensate for the inconvenience. At this stage, all I am getting that they don’t care about customer experience and though I had to find all this out, it’s on my head. I then asked the call to be further escalated and spoke with Andrew (manager).

Who also said the same thing and further explained that with this administrative error, the credit changes would not be impacted as both are still responsible for payments and the account, whether one is a borrower or a co-borrower and that they don’t charge customers any processing fee. It’s between them and the dealers and dealers should not pass any cost on to the customers. This came as a shock because now it’s getting more messy.

The dealer passed me $3000 which is added in the sales price of the vehicle saying that they don’t have a choice because the financial institution will charge them the fee and had me sign the agreement on the same. Andrew further said that he will investigate further on this and get back to me as something like this should not happen. I gave him name of the person I spoke with (Rubi) before heading to the Tomball branch, who quoted me $19000 before the loan department added in the $3000 on top of this (including other add-ons to make it to $28k). I believe this additional $3000 should be waived.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Beyond having a poor experience with the vehicle, and the dealers lack of support from the company, and being pressured to give 5 star ratings to their sales staff after choosing to lease the car, at the end when we could finally give the vehicle back, the horrible experiences continue. They're charging me $250 for two plastic wheel covers, with a bit of curb rash scratches. This is complete highway robbery. Plus other costs, which I can understand, but the company is charging me MORE for a plastic wheel cover than a tire replacement!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Reading all the bad reviews this company has gives me stomachache because I'm stuck with them. By mistake - yeah by mistake - I made a $450 car payment to my account that was up to date with payments. I've called more than three times, spoke to representatives, explained the problem; Although two of them were helpful, the company fell short. Never getting back to me with any follow ups. Before the transition took effect I called and explained the mistake, they suggested to call my bank because the problem didn't come from them. While calling back and forward between Chrysler and my bank, the money was taken from my account and posted in their's - Chrysler statement shows I had paid $450. The Chrysler representative mentioned that the situation has to go under investigation, yet haven't received a letter or any notification about my case.

It's frustrating and really scary that I'm dealing with a company that have so many bad reviews. If I don't hear from them I'm considering report them to State Attorney General. UPDATE. Dec 4, I haven't received any information regardless I have called countless times. Last time a few weeks ago they told me that yes, the investigation took place to my favor and I should be receiving a check... Weeks later I haven’t receive anything and again no even a letter to inform me of the case!!! I don’t understand where the professionalism of this company is! And how they’re still up with such of wrongdoing behavior??

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

All the negative reviews about how awful Chrysler Capital's customer service is are true. Chrysler Capital's agents are rude, impolite, unfriendly and do NOT care about their customer. They charged me over ONE THOUSAND dollars after my lease ended, for damages that were NOT caused by me and they are reluctant to withdraw those charges even though I have sent them proof that I did not turn in the car in that state. I sent them pictures of how I turned in the car, I sent them a document from the dealership showing I turned in the car on the first day of the month and Chrysler Capital received it on the 15th of the month.

I spoke to their executive office team, to Kristen, and that too was in vain and a waste of my time. She was reluctant to listen to me, and all she kept doing was cutting me off and being condescending when telling me that she was not going to waive the charge and that I could file a complaint with Better Business Bureau if I wanted to, that they did not care. WHO runs this company?! It is being handled as a dictatorship, where the only rules that govern are their own, and they don't care about anything. HOW are people allowed to treat customers like that! Whatever you do, do NOT finance your vehicle with Chrysler Capital, you will regret it.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

This was the worst loan experience I've ever had in my life. They told me at the end the loan would be taken care of and no problems would arise. They lied. It's been over a year and it makes me sick!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I leased 2 vehicles from Chrysler and cannot be anymore disgusted with the arrogance of the staff and customer service. Faulty design (they admitted), incompetent workers and then they hang up on you. 1st occurrence was a direct payment plan that they tried to make updates onto my account and according to my Bank, they (Chrysler) transposed #'s on my account. That being said, all went ok for 2 years until they made these adjustments. Then they notify me with a Collection notice that we defaulted on payments. It took me three weeks to get to someone to look at it and see their mistake. I did not need anything from them other than straightening it out and I had to fight to get them to fix their own mistake.

2nd issue had to do with returning the vehicle at lease end. Trading out a Chrysler product for another waives the return fees. That's what we were told and I have the paperwork to show it. Took another 3 weeks to get them to fix this issue. We'll skip over the 3rd issue and come to this last one. The radio cannot be pre-programmed in my new Chrysler Pacifica S. Every time you shut the vehicle off, the radio goes back to AM. Excuse the concept, but who listens to AM? Now they tell me it's a design feature. No it's not, you screwed up and you’re looking for an excuse not to live up to your obligations. How many times do you get in your vehicle and start driving?

Now you realize and you automatically look away from the road and adjust the radio station to something that most of us can listen to, thus causing a safety concern. It takes an act of God to get to someone that you think can help, only to find out that they are programmed to read off of cue cards. I'm tired of purchasing second rate products from companies that are not backing their own product. Going back to my Mercedes, at least I know the issues will be taken care of hassle free. Any suggestions?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I hate my car loan through Chrysler Capital. They have been telling me I have been behind 4 months on my payments for almost 2 years now. I missed 1 payment and I went from owing 520$ to over 800$. Like what in the world!? There is no option to pay the principal and my loan interest rate is over 20%! I am absolutely floored. I had a 2010 Toyota Prius with a ln interest rate of 9.1%. I lost my Prius when I was in a car accident and it was totaled out. I then was out in a 2015 Nissan Versa note which was 10,999 and we put a 2500$ down payment on it. My Prius was much cheaper than the piece of crap car I have now.

Do not get me started on the insistent phone calls! I had to erase my phone number from the online database because they would call me at work, at church, at late nights etc. I am so done with this company and them ruining my credit score. I have an appointment with my bank on Tuesday to go through all records to prove I have indeed made payments except for the 2 months which I have asked for deferments on.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I set up auto draft for monthly payments. They don't provide an option that allows you to apply additional payment toward principal. If you write a check, they will apply the additional amount toward interest, unless you call and tell them to apply the additional payment toward principal. Who wants to write a check every month and then make a phone call to notify them to apply the additional payment toward principal? They don't allow you to write on the check and notate how to apply the additional payment toward principal, because they scan the checks for deposit. I will never use them again. I use Capital One Finance for my other 2 auto loans, and have received much better service.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I have read many negative reviews about Chrysler Capital. But here is my story. Yeah the interest is high, but it's my fault I messed up my credit years ago. But due to medical problems, I fell a month behind. I kept making payments, but always that month behind. Due to the negative reviews, I was terrified to call. Finally, I got sick of looking out my window first thing every morning to make sure the car was still there and called Chrysler Capital. I was shocked at how friendly they were. They pushed two payments to the end of the loan and lowered my next 6 payments by $165 so I could get caught up not only with them, but others. All you have to do is work with them and they will work with you. These guys took a chance on me when no one else would.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

6 months after turning in my vehicle EARLY, I get slammed with an "End of Term Final Bill" with accusations of damage to this vehicle that never happened while in my possession. Car dealers are not going to attest to the condition of your car when it's turned in! Lease inspections should only be performed when owner is present. These allegations are absurd and immoral - Bold Face Lies! How do I know this damage was not done in transportation? But yet I am liable? Absolutely not! How can there be excessive tire damage when I turned my vehicle in early and well within my allotted mileage?

These tires were sub-par when I drove the vehicle off the lot! I'm a middle-aged mom raising a teenager - I'm not doing doughnuts in the parking lot or off-roading through Mount McKinley!!! Buyers beware! Do NOT lease a vehicle through Chrysler Financial - you will find yourself in need of a lawyer! This leasing company is criminal and should be investigated for extortion and unethical business practices.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

This is the worst loan company I have ever dealt with. By the time I finish paying my car off I will have paid almost 40,000 dollars for a 2015 Dodge Dart!! I made extra payments for 6 or 7 months only to find out they took it all and applied it to the interest. I pay 617 a month and have been paying that for 3 years and the pay off amount is still at 18,460!!! It's just a ripoff. I called them and they kept me on the phone forever, transferring me from one person to another. I would never recommend this company to anyone!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Guys stay away from this wolf company who rips people off. They ripped me off by charging so much interest that was off my contract. I returned the car and hired a lawyer to settle the debt. They are all BS ** hate. I regret doing business with poop company.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

One of the worst companies I've ever dealt with. Had a loan for a new Ram truck. Paid it off early, and paid via the same method I had been paying. In the end they held the title for 15 days, claiming it was state law. It wasn't. I checked with the state and my bank. I tried to expedite the lien release and finally after 4 calls I got a supervisor who repeated all the lies about it being a state thing etc. Said that if my bank would fax them a letter saying the funds I paid would not be withdrawn they would release the title that day. Another lie, they did not! To add insult to injury about 10 days after paying off the loan in total they took another payment out of my checking account! I'm still fighting to get the money they stole from me back. Work with a loan shark in your neighborhood if you buy a Chrysler product. I can assure you the service will be better!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

This place is the WORST I have ever had for a car loan, every month I have to call them because I am paid 1 month ahead and they put my payment on the current month, they say it's a extra principal payment but charge me interest, I have just called 3 times because they never put my last payment on Sept and it still isn't changed, I would NEVER recommend anyone getting a loan through these people.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

We leased a 2015 Jeep Patriot through CCAP. Eventually we decided to buy the vehicle. The experience was absolutely terrible from the first day we inquired about the buyout. The amount of misinformation received from this company was completely unacceptable in an extreme number of ways including being unable to find the loan check sent to them. Every time we would call about something it was a completely different story or set of policies. They are one of the most incompetent companies I've ever had the displeasure of working with.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I am about to go over miles on my 2016 Cherokee lease in 1 month, yet my lease isn't over for 5 more months. I figured that I could pay off the lease early (about $2500) and pay the $495 early termination fee and turn in the car. At this point I felt it made more sense to buy a used Honda CRV since I now drive at least 20,000 a year. I like the 2015 CRV 5 star safety and 33 mpg. I felt threatened and intimidated by this company when I called to schedule a pre-inspection. Not only would I have to pay what I stated, but they said they'd also send me a bill for wear and tear (after the car was long gone to some out of state auction and you have no proof of anything. They could make up anything, since they also can state that internal parts need replacing).

They also said I'd have to pay the difference if Chrysler doesn't get what they want for the car in auction. It already has negative equity because I put so many miles on it. Again, they could make up any amount and how could you prove it. Finally, they told me they would also lower my credit. I have a good score of 770. This is really upsetting. If you give them everything you owe them, how can they attack your credit as well? My only way out will be to buy this car in Feb. with about 66,000 miles on it and by the time I pay it off, it will have at least 160,000. Will never lease again or buy another Chrysler. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way about this company!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I returned my Jeep Grand Cherokee on time, asked for inspection and release. I was told everything is OK. Few days later Chrysler Financial sent me a letter stating that I owe them $450 in damages. They think they can claim any damages and we have to pay it. Very deceitful and untrustworthy company. I will never do any business with them again.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I took out a loan in October. I've never been late. My original balance was $23,000. Now they report after I've made eight months of on-time payments. They report my balance is 24000. No one will fix it.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Need to know Chrysler main phone # for administration. People that work there won't give any information on where my vehicle is. We dropped it off where we leased it, they have no idea where it is. We haven't had this vehicle for the last 2 yrs, yet our credit is being ruined, and we're paying more interest on anything we buy. Otherwise we have excellent credit. What attorney will work on this problem? When we spoke to several attorneys, they didn't want the case, guess it had nothing for them in it. We are in our 70s, on SS, need to clear this lease off our record. Please help. Thanks.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Had my pre-inspection done on April 24th so that IF any problems were to be found I would know about it and be able to address it. Stayed with the inspector the entire time. At conclusion he said "this car is in excellent condition, you have no issues at all". Turned car in June 9th and lease expired on June 26th. I was 10,000 miles under my lease agreement. On July 16th (22 days AFTER my lease was done and 84 days AFTER I had the inspection) I received a letter saying that I owed Chrysler $500.00 for 2 new tires because they were 1/100 under their minimum requirement. Now what moron doesn't get that having the inspection done so early was to avoid this situation??? What moron believes that 2 new tires for a Journey cost $500.00. Had I known this is what was going to happen I would have taken care of the tires myself.

My son-in-law owns a garage! I am beyond angry at the lying, cheating, deceitful, double dealing, corrupt, and unethical way that Chrysler has gone about this. When I called to address this customer service told me that this was due to the dealership (again how dishonest can you be)? When I called the dealership I was informed that once the pre-inspection is done, they don't do anything more than tell Chrysler that they received the car. This is on top of the fact that it is your policy to stop the automatic withdraw the last month of the lease. WHAT??? Who thought this was a good idea? The same moron that thinks 2 tires cost $500.00? So on top of the disposition fee, another payment is due because it wasn't automatically taken out and $500 for some tires... Way to go with making me want to do business with Chrysler Capitol again... NOT ON MY EVERLASTING SOUL!!! Your crooks.

Original review: June 29, 2018

So I bought my car FROM major world and they insisted that I get that car on behalf on my credit score. That car has been to mechanic and they all tell me that I pay the bank too much money and my car was in a previous accident from before they had to replace a radiator. My car is 2012 Honda accord of and the payments are too much. I signed up to refinance and no word yet. I have other things to pay food rent and etc and the car is devouring my last month paycheck for the end of the month. I can't work two jobs to slave over him. I am trying to find ways to release him.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Son and I joint borrowers on car loan. When dealership sold us car they said he wouldn't have to pay for 90 days, but found out different. My son made payment arrangements with them and they still sent to credit bureaus that $49 of it was 30 days past due. Credit went down quick! Was in process of buying a house and now score too low. Have been talking to people at Chrysler Capital (yes, people, can't talk to same person) and each give a different story. My house loan officer wanted me to contact them and see if they would out of courtesy take it off the credit report.

Was told I could fax in a letter to dispute it. It was received and told to call back next day. Called back and this person now says they only take stuff in writing in the mail and also that I had to send them a copy of my credit report so they could see where it was showing negative. Getting different stories from different people every time speaking to them. As soon as possible will be getting away from them. After seeing some other reviews not sure that is possible.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We leased a vehicle in TX through Chrysler Capital, now over 3 years later they are trying to charge us $1400 for back property taxes. There is no property taxes on personal vehicles in TX. We signed the appropriate paperwork for exemption but the dealership didn't notarize it so now Chrysler is trying to make us pay for it.

Original review: June 16, 2018

It is obvious that they do everything in their power to NOT allow their customers to conduct their business online. They attempt to route you, through frustration to them for a fee payment options. I have set up auto pay and it still is not working. Cannot login to the site and have been trying to contact a human for 45 minutes. Never has trying to make a car payment been such a complete nightmare.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Awful. My husband and I leased a car with them and had great credit scores. Mine was 820 and his was close to 800. The website for payments was not up to date at all. It was very confusing. I work in the digital world as well and still had trouble. We received an email that the payment went through and to find out 30 days later (after they already reported us that it didn’t). They will now not reverse our credit scores, stating that it’s our fault. We deal with three other car brands: Lexus (Toyota financial), BMW and have never had an issue, let alone be treated the way Chrysler has been treating us. We love our Jeep but will get rid of it and Chrysler as soon as we can.

Original review: May 22, 2018

After writing a check to pay off the balance for my loan for my Ram 1500, there was a $20.00 over-payment. Instead of writing me a refund check for the $20.00, Chrysler Capital instead gives my refund to a company called Wirecard.com. To get a check from them, they want me to create an account, give my email address, and give them my bank account number so they can directly wire the amount to them. I say NO WAY! With Identity theft as prevalent as it is in our country, I am not giving out any more of my information.

Chrysler Capital should have just sent me a check. Instead, I get a debit card from Wirecard. Because I have an account with Amazon, I bought something I didn't need just so that I didn't lose the messily 20 dollars. The money should have been put back into my bank account where I could have used it to pay a bill instead of buying something I didn't need. By the way, if you don't use the card right away, there is a monthly fee. The money would be absorbed by Wirecard. If I got a check from Chrysler Capital like I should have and put the money back in my bank account there are no such fees. I will think twice about using Chrysler Capital for another loan because of this.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I am leasing a 2016 Jeep Compass through Chrysler Capital Finance. My payments are automatically withdrawn from my account each month. I have been trying since March 2018 to straighten out a problem with my account regarding a sales tax (personal property tax) increase I have been assessed since I moved to another state in November 2017. I tried to explain that my vehicle was still in my prior state and even provided the registration and insurance information that it was. It was only registered in my new state in April.

They have been assessing me the sales tax increase and fees since November and I get a call every month saying my account is past due. I have talked to over seven people thus far and I keep getting the excuse that their Property Tax is reviewing it and to call back every week. I asked to talk to the Property Tax Department directly and was told they don't have phones!! That is downright incredible and so hard to believe. Basically, Chrysler Capital is assessing disputed fees each month to my account. I have tried my best to get it straightened out but don't know where else to turn. I will NEVER lease or buy a Chrysler vehicle again!!!

Original review: April 26, 2018

I leased a Chrysler product and used Chrysler Capital as the leasing company. Turned the leased vehicle in with 33k miles, 36k allowed. 3 months later I am told I owe them $1000 to replace worn tires. It appears the small print in their contracts allows them to extort a new set of tires from leasees to get a better price on resale. $250 per tire... robbery.

Chrysler Financial Company Information