Find a Car Loans partner

Chrysler Financial

4.0/5 (240 ratings)
Find a Car Loans partner
Banner image

Refinance your auto loan today!

See if you can lower your rate with Auto Approve

Get a quote

About Chrysler Financial

Chrysler has released six generations of minivans since 1984. Read more Chrysler reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Refinance your auto loan today!

See if you can lower your rate with Auto Approve

Get a quote

Chrysler Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I expect somebody from the Management team to read this review and fix the customer service and accounting department! I got a statement for proprieties taxes for $ 857.41!! It was really high; when I called Chrysler Capital, they told me it was for taxes; I called the City of Shelton, and they said to me that my taxes were $281.03 for 2019 (already paid for me to Chrysler Capital in March 2020 and on my April statement as paid) and $ 581.57 for 2020; again called Chrysler Capital and they assured me that I did not pay 2019 (even though I asked to look to my April 2020!!), after several hours on the phone, they told me that I paid but that I should call them and advise because that amount went to my regular payments...

My regular payments are auto-paid and for a different amount; it seems that now customers have to do accounting job and customer service job! So people start calling Chrysler for every payment and tax paid (is what they wanted), it seems that phone calls are not enough for them! Also, they won’t give a letter saying that I paid my taxes, and they made a mistake, and that my account is current.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Do not use Chrysler Financing. Not customer friendly. If a problem no one will help you. Paid my car off within 3 months and they send the title back to the dealer for resale and not to me. 43,000.00 dollar loan paid off in 3 months and they dont care about me, my car, my title.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Bought a new car and my credit union was close on weekends so I went with the dealers in house lender Chrysler Capital. I about to make my first payment and called customer service because the website that would pop up looks bogus. They are not the friendliest and not helpful at all, her ID# is **. She put me on a hold for no reason. After 25 minutes of holding without a sound I just hung up. My thing is if you hate your job then you can just quit.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my whole entire life. Had a lease for 24 months for a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Paid for my lease payment. Turned in the car to the dealership. Also paid their 400$ fee for returning the car. All I want is to get is a letter claiming that I no longer have any payments to Chrysler Capital and they won’t give it to me. This is affecting me because I cannot get a finance on another car because they won’t release my documents to me to state I NO LONGER HAVE PAYMENT. This company is a disgrace. I’m so upset.

Original review: July 9, 2020

NO HELP! Terrible customer service. Not responding any complaints. Stay away from them. This company just makes money from YOU. I called a hundreds time for 4 months about my plates number. I took a car for leasing, pay my bills on time every month and can't draw my car. This company gives you headaches and unnecessary stress.

Original review: June 15, 2020

This is the third vehicle I've financed through Chrysler. I've always paid more than the minimum payment, always paid at least two weeks before the due date, no automatic drafts, and always paid the account off early. This past month I inadvertently clicked on the wrong account (I had two) and the draft was declined. When I realized my error I called Chrysler and was told no problem, the payment wasn't due yet anyway. This month when I went to make the payment my account was blocked and Chrysler wanted the payment by credit card only and wanted six payments in advance to open the account. I told them to screw themselves; paid the balance in full and closed the account myself. I won't do business with Chrysler again, ever!

Original review: May 21, 2020

Updated on 05/21/2020: I posted earlier about the fact that no dealer would take my leased Pacifica and that now I'm garaging at my home for Chrysler. They finally answered when I just called. First, they threatened to hang up if I was recording the call! 2nd, they acknowledged now that the dealerships would NOT take lease van return. 3rd, they will have "options" call us to arrange to pick up the car but don't know when. 4th. they will not pay me to insure the car while I garage it for them BUT I must insure it as per the lease agreement.

Original Review: My lease was scheduled to be up so I had the van inspected a few months ago as required and it passed. I contacted dealers within about 50 mile radius. They all say that because of covid they have too many cars on their lots! They will only take the van if I buy a new one! Now as I garage the van for Chrysler at my home and insure it but not use it, they continue to bill me monthly but won't take it back!!!!

Original review: May 5, 2020

You have to waste near 30 minutes of your time trying to get ahold of someone just for them to have an automated response saying call Back at normal business hours. Well some people work your normal business hours so we get left in the dust. Also there’s no way to skip past the 10 minute long opening speech... and no option upfront to just talk to a person. I have to jump 6 different menus And even then it doesn't give you an option to speak with someone. I have to press 0# 57 times before it stops telling me it’s not a valid option and transfers me to another automated system where I have to press a bunch of stuff all over again until it gives me an option to speak with someone. Automated systems like this is what makes people with PTSD want to rage out. I'm not sure who you have that decides this stuff but they need to be fired and Hire me, I Guarantee if I ran this stuff your reviews and ratings will climb out of the gutter that they are in.

Original review: March 26, 2020

First they lost my title after I paid off my loan. Now when I call I just get transferred around to people who don't care. They will not send me my release of lien after requesting for over a month. The phone menu is broken and doesn't recognize my account number. I'm going to have to get a lawyer involved to get the title that I paid for.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I never had a late payment and usually paid extra on my car financed with Chrsyler Financial. My car was deemed a total loss due to a deer hit on February 4, 2020. My adjuster sent the letter of guarantee to Chrysler Financial and was told settlement breakdown did not need to be sent with it. The adjuster went on vacation and upon return was told she did need settlement breakdown as well as police report, etc.

After sending this information she waited for the return of the LOG and nothing was received. She continued to call Chrysler and by the time she rec'd the LOG the 10 day payoff had gone up...more money in Chrysler Financial's pocket. I had a payment coming due so in order to not have a blemish on my credit report I made my payment as scheduled, mind you I have not received my check from our insurance company because they have to settle with Chrysler before I get my check.

So at this point I have now put a down payment on a new car out of my pocket, paid a car payment on a car that I haven't had for a month and I already have a car payment coming due on the new car! FINALLY, March 11 I see the loan with Chrysler Financial is paid in full so I call and ask when I will receive my refund...the refund that was automatically swept from my bank account on February 28. I am told a debit card will be mailed to me on APRIL 14!

I immediately asked for a manager, this is BS, I have not done anything wrong, the first CSR that spoke with my adjuster gave out incorrect information, not my fault, I want my refund. I get a condescending witch of a lead for accounts and she tells me ALL insurance carriers know what needs to be sent on total losses...WRONG thing to say, I am an adjuster and every lienholder is different. At this point she states they did nothing wrong and they will not expedite my refund, so there is nothing else she can do for me. So...in short, if you owe them money, pay up immediately. If they owe you money, you'll get it when they are damn good and ready. Wish I would have paid higher interest and gone elsewhere!

Chrysler Financial Company Information