Chrysler Financial
1.00/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

Chrysler Financial

Chrysler has released six generations of minivans since 1984. Read more Chrysler reviews to learn about other models.

241 Chrysler Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

This is the worst loan company I have ever dealt with. By the time I finish paying my car off I will have paid almost 40,000 dollars for a 2015 Dodge Dart!! I made extra payments for 6 or 7 months only to find out they took it all and applied it to the interest. I pay 617 a month and have been paying that for 3 years and the pay off amount is still at 18,460!!! It's just a ripoff. I called them and they kept me on the phone forever, transferring me from one person to another. I would never recommend this company to anyone!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Guys stay away from this wolf company who rips people off. They ripped me off by charging so much interest that was off my contract. I returned the car and hired a lawyer to settle the debt. They are all BS ** hate. I regret doing business with poop company.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

One of the worst companies I've ever dealt with. Had a loan for a new Ram truck. Paid it off early, and paid via the same method I had been paying. In the end they held the title for 15 days, claiming it was state law. It wasn't. I checked with the state and my bank. I tried to expedite the lien release and finally after 4 calls I got a supervisor who repeated all the lies about it being a state thing etc. Said that if my bank would fax them a letter saying the funds I paid would not be withdrawn they would release the title that day. Another lie, they did not! To add insult to injury about 10 days after paying off the loan in total they took another payment out of my checking account! I'm still fighting to get the money they stole from me back. Work with a loan shark in your neighborhood if you buy a Chrysler product. I can assure you the service will be better!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

This place is the WORST I have ever had for a car loan, every month I have to call them because I am paid 1 month ahead and they put my payment on the current month, they say it's a extra principal payment but charge me interest, I have just called 3 times because they never put my last payment on Sept and it still isn't changed, I would NEVER recommend anyone getting a loan through these people.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

We leased a 2015 Jeep Patriot through CCAP. Eventually we decided to buy the vehicle. The experience was absolutely terrible from the first day we inquired about the buyout. The amount of misinformation received from this company was completely unacceptable in an extreme number of ways including being unable to find the loan check sent to them. Every time we would call about something it was a completely different story or set of policies. They are one of the most incompetent companies I've ever had the displeasure of working with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I am about to go over miles on my 2016 Cherokee lease in 1 month, yet my lease isn't over for 5 more months. I figured that I could pay off the lease early (about $2500) and pay the $495 early termination fee and turn in the car. At this point I felt it made more sense to buy a used Honda CRV since I now drive at least 20,000 a year. I like the 2015 CRV 5 star safety and 33 mpg. I felt threatened and intimidated by this company when I called to schedule a pre-inspection. Not only would I have to pay what I stated, but they said they'd also send me a bill for wear and tear (after the car was long gone to some out of state auction and you have no proof of anything. They could make up anything, since they also can state that internal parts need replacing).

They also said I'd have to pay the difference if Chrysler doesn't get what they want for the car in auction. It already has negative equity because I put so many miles on it. Again, they could make up any amount and how could you prove it. Finally, they told me they would also lower my credit. I have a good score of 770. This is really upsetting. If you give them everything you owe them, how can they attack your credit as well? My only way out will be to buy this car in Feb. with about 66,000 miles on it and by the time I pay it off, it will have at least 160,000. Will never lease again or buy another Chrysler. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way about this company!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I returned my Jeep Grand Cherokee on time, asked for inspection and release. I was told everything is OK. Few days later Chrysler Financial sent me a letter stating that I owe them $450 in damages. They think they can claim any damages and we have to pay it. Very deceitful and untrustworthy company. I will never do any business with them again.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I took out a loan in October. I've never been late. My original balance was $23,000. Now they report after I've made eight months of on-time payments. They report my balance is 24000. No one will fix it.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Need to know Chrysler main phone # for administration. People that work there won't give any information on where my vehicle is. We dropped it off where we leased it, they have no idea where it is. We haven't had this vehicle for the last 2 yrs, yet our credit is being ruined, and we're paying more interest on anything we buy. Otherwise we have excellent credit. What attorney will work on this problem? When we spoke to several attorneys, they didn't want the case, guess it had nothing for them in it. We are in our 70s, on SS, need to clear this lease off our record. Please help. Thanks.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Had my pre-inspection done on April 24th so that IF any problems were to be found I would know about it and be able to address it. Stayed with the inspector the entire time. At conclusion he said "this car is in excellent condition, you have no issues at all". Turned car in June 9th and lease expired on June 26th. I was 10,000 miles under my lease agreement. On July 16th (22 days AFTER my lease was done and 84 days AFTER I had the inspection) I received a letter saying that I owed Chrysler $500.00 for 2 new tires because they were 1/100 under their minimum requirement. Now what moron doesn't get that having the inspection done so early was to avoid this situation??? What moron believes that 2 new tires for a Journey cost $500.00. Had I known this is what was going to happen I would have taken care of the tires myself.

My son-in-law owns a garage! I am beyond angry at the lying, cheating, deceitful, double dealing, corrupt, and unethical way that Chrysler has gone about this. When I called to address this customer service told me that this was due to the dealership (again how dishonest can you be)? When I called the dealership I was informed that once the pre-inspection is done, they don't do anything more than tell Chrysler that they received the car. This is on top of the fact that it is your policy to stop the automatic withdraw the last month of the lease. WHAT??? Who thought this was a good idea? The same moron that thinks 2 tires cost $500.00? So on top of the disposition fee, another payment is due because it wasn't automatically taken out and $500 for some tires... Way to go with making me want to do business with Chrysler Capitol again... NOT ON MY EVERLASTING SOUL!!! Your crooks.

Original review: June 29, 2018

So I bought my car FROM major world and they insisted that I get that car on behalf on my credit score. That car has been to mechanic and they all tell me that I pay the bank too much money and my car was in a previous accident from before they had to replace a radiator. My car is 2012 Honda accord of and the payments are too much. I signed up to refinance and no word yet. I have other things to pay food rent and etc and the car is devouring my last month paycheck for the end of the month. I can't work two jobs to slave over him. I am trying to find ways to release him.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Son and I joint borrowers on car loan. When dealership sold us car they said he wouldn't have to pay for 90 days, but found out different. My son made payment arrangements with them and they still sent to credit bureaus that $49 of it was 30 days past due. Credit went down quick! Was in process of buying a house and now score too low. Have been talking to people at Chrysler Capital (yes, people, can't talk to same person) and each give a different story. My house loan officer wanted me to contact them and see if they would out of courtesy take it off the credit report.

Was told I could fax in a letter to dispute it. It was received and told to call back next day. Called back and this person now says they only take stuff in writing in the mail and also that I had to send them a copy of my credit report so they could see where it was showing negative. Getting different stories from different people every time speaking to them. As soon as possible will be getting away from them. After seeing some other reviews not sure that is possible.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We leased a vehicle in TX through Chrysler Capital, now over 3 years later they are trying to charge us $1400 for back property taxes. There is no property taxes on personal vehicles in TX. We signed the appropriate paperwork for exemption but the dealership didn't notarize it so now Chrysler is trying to make us pay for it.

Original review: June 16, 2018

It is obvious that they do everything in their power to NOT allow their customers to conduct their business online. They attempt to route you, through frustration to them for a fee payment options. I have set up auto pay and it still is not working. Cannot login to the site and have been trying to contact a human for 45 minutes. Never has trying to make a car payment been such a complete nightmare.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Awful. My husband and I leased a car with them and had great credit scores. Mine was 820 and his was close to 800. The website for payments was not up to date at all. It was very confusing. I work in the digital world as well and still had trouble. We received an email that the payment went through and to find out 30 days later (after they already reported us that it didn’t). They will now not reverse our credit scores, stating that it’s our fault. We deal with three other car brands: Lexus (Toyota financial), BMW and have never had an issue, let alone be treated the way Chrysler has been treating us. We love our Jeep but will get rid of it and Chrysler as soon as we can.

Original review: May 22, 2018

After writing a check to pay off the balance for my loan for my Ram 1500, there was a $20.00 over-payment. Instead of writing me a refund check for the $20.00, Chrysler Capital instead gives my refund to a company called Wirecard.com. To get a check from them, they want me to create an account, give my email address, and give them my bank account number so they can directly wire the amount to them. I say NO WAY! With Identity theft as prevalent as it is in our country, I am not giving out any more of my information.

Chrysler Capital should have just sent me a check. Instead, I get a debit card from Wirecard. Because I have an account with Amazon, I bought something I didn't need just so that I didn't lose the messily 20 dollars. The money should have been put back into my bank account where I could have used it to pay a bill instead of buying something I didn't need. By the way, if you don't use the card right away, there is a monthly fee. The money would be absorbed by Wirecard. If I got a check from Chrysler Capital like I should have and put the money back in my bank account there are no such fees. I will think twice about using Chrysler Capital for another loan because of this.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I am leasing a 2016 Jeep Compass through Chrysler Capital Finance. My payments are automatically withdrawn from my account each month. I have been trying since March 2018 to straighten out a problem with my account regarding a sales tax (personal property tax) increase I have been assessed since I moved to another state in November 2017. I tried to explain that my vehicle was still in my prior state and even provided the registration and insurance information that it was. It was only registered in my new state in April.

They have been assessing me the sales tax increase and fees since November and I get a call every month saying my account is past due. I have talked to over seven people thus far and I keep getting the excuse that their Property Tax is reviewing it and to call back every week. I asked to talk to the Property Tax Department directly and was told they don't have phones!! That is downright incredible and so hard to believe. Basically, Chrysler Capital is assessing disputed fees each month to my account. I have tried my best to get it straightened out but don't know where else to turn. I will NEVER lease or buy a Chrysler vehicle again!!!

Original review: April 26, 2018

I leased a Chrysler product and used Chrysler Capital as the leasing company. Turned the leased vehicle in with 33k miles, 36k allowed. 3 months later I am told I owe them $1000 to replace worn tires. It appears the small print in their contracts allows them to extort a new set of tires from leasees to get a better price on resale. $250 per tire... robbery.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I'm currently leasing 2016 Jeep Compass since August 2016. Never missed 1 payment never been late. For the past month I've been getting calls from Chrysler that I'm behind 7 months in payments. 2 weeks ago received letter stating that my jeep will be repossessed if I don't get caught up with my payments and now they dropped my credit score 89 points. I call. They tell me they sent an inquiry to accounting dept. Everyday that's the same story. I was advised this matter would be handled within 72 hours. That was almost 2 weeks now. I really need my credit score to go back up for I'm in the process of buying a house. I wanna sue them. I'm so stressed about this situation and still have no answers.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I turned in my Fiat 500e after I made my final payment on 2/7/2018. The car was due on 3/7/2018. The final bill was issued on 2/27/2018 for a $395 disposition fee. Chrysler reported me delinquent on 3/2/2018. They reported me delinquent before I received the final bill and before my car was even due for turn in. Then instead of removing the incorrect derogatory information, they reported my account as paid, which dropped my score again. On 3/1/2018 my credit score was 802. By 4/10/2018, my score had dropped to 694. We were planning to buy a house, but with my credit score impacted form their incompetence I have to wait. Does anyone know if they can be sued?

Original review: March 28, 2018

Leased a Fiat for 3 years. Turned it in. Followed all the directions, etc. Some idiot parked the car in a tow zone outside where lease returns are auctioned off. We are, somehow, still listed as the "owner". Contacted the towing company to explain. Contacted the Dealership where car was returned to inquire about what to do. They referred me to Chrysler Capital. No one I spoke with could give two rats' **. They are the legal owner of the car and it's about to be auctioned off with the proceeds going to the tow company. Turns out they didn't file the paperwork with the DMW to release us from liability. Good thing we have a lawyer on retainer. DO NOT consider leasing any Chrysler car. This is our 3rd lease, first with Chrysler, and the level of incompetence is mind blowing...

Original review: March 23, 2018

Paid first car payment at dealership. No money down. Chrysler Financial says behind on car payment that the payment at dealership was money down. I have proof the receipt says first payment so does lease. Now they attached a late charge to my credit. They are playing with people's lives when they destroy credit. Letting my lawyer handle it now. What a scam.

Original review: March 5, 2018

These people are upping my payoff every 3 days ($34.32). I ALWAYS pay our bill weeks early. Last month, they took it twice. I called to take care of the issue, they say it'll take 3-5 days for refund. BS... WHY THE HELL WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR OUR REFUND CAUSE THEIR DAMN SYSTEM MESS UP? They claim they have to review it. Freaking idiots to prove is on payment history!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I don’t even know where to begin. This company has screwed me over royally, for no reason. Looking back at my payment history, I indeed was caught up on my payments, but somehow they found it necessary to repossess my car when the loan WAS NOT EVEN DUE YET! Now I’m going through the nightmare of dealing with these liars and the equally low life PAR North America, to get my car back, for something that was their mistake. I swear to God I’m never buying another Chrysler again, and once I get my car back, they’re going to meet my lawyer.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Limited options. Can't advance your payment or pay towards your principal balance without there being an issue. There is absolutely no freedom in this contract. It's like they want you in debt your full term.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

So I’m at the end of my lease, never missed or have been late on a payment. I called a couple days ago for them to pause my automatic payment. I didn’t get the lady’s name but she said that’s no worry because my last payment will have to be made manually regardless. She lied to me. Didn’t even note my account. I advised her Hakeem ** would be making my last payment. Said no problem again & would note my account. Another lie! So today I woke up to a notification from my bank that my automatic payment went through!!! I’m absolutely disgusted with this company. Now I have to go out of my way to go to my bank so they can fax my bank statement & have to wait 3-5 business days to get the money they wrongfully took out of my account.

Now I have to go get a new car today with $200 less than I should have in my account. I will make sure none of my family or friends go through this company. Not to mention they were harassing my mother who is the CO SIGNER & never even tried to call me as I’m the primary on the account. They do not communicate with each other. They don’t note the accounts correctly. I mean come on I work somewhere similar. I know their job isn’t that hard. They gave me the runaround. Needless to say I can’t WAIT to get rid of this car, & get my money back so I NEVER have to deal with them again.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I am trying to end a 36 month lease after 21 payments as I am leaving the country. At the time of obtaining the payoff amount from Chrysler Capital, I have spoken with 4 different people who gave me different amounts and besides that, they are not allowing me to do it through Carmax, who is the company where I am selling the car. I haven’t been able to sell it yet, it seems Chrysler Capital doesn’t want me to get off the lease and/or sell it to Carmax. Terrible experience. Not working with them ever again.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

The ability of the call takers to understand the customer's situation is nonexistent. It took me six months get back my state taxes that Jeep owed me last year and over 30 calls. This Oct my sister bought my jeep. I had leased it, she bought it three months before it was up. We got a buy out price on Oct 13th, we bought it on Oct 16th. Jeep says I still owe for Oct, Nov, and Dec. I don't own the Jeep and it the buyout price is the price in full to own the vehicle. To make matters worse only the finance dept has any real knowledge - but they have no telephones, they do have email but apparently that isn't allowed to be given out to customers.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I bought a car through Roberts Chrysler Jeep and Dodge out of Pryor Oklahoma. They are also owned by Chrysler Financial in Chrysler Corporation. The dealership defrauded me of $3,400 on an aftermarket warranty that my vehicle did not qualify for and they are directly told what to do by Chrysler Financial. Chrysler Financial never contacted me the cosigner of the vehicle but the actual buyer of a vehicle about no payments have been made since November of 2017 and repossessed the vehicle a week ago. Gave me one more week to come up with the full amount of the vehicle or they were going to sell it at auction. Then they send me a letter saying that they're going to sell it sometime after the 19th of January 2018. They cannot do so and in my state of Oklahoma they must inform me of when and where the vehicle is being sold so I can attend the auction.

They're saying I cannot attend the auction. Well I'm sorry. Texas law does not supersede the state of Oklahoma law. You did business in Oklahoma and you must abide my state laws. They did all of this to me and have three different addresses. One of which does not exist. The other one we do not know where it is from. Probably doesn't exist either and one that is my dad's company which neither of us live at and they have registered as the home of the both of us. They have their heads up their ** and I'm about to sue the living piss out of them and turn them into my State's Attorney General's office for fraud due to that aftermarket warranty that they knowingly collected money off of, knowingly make the car dealership do this fraudulent scam of selling a warranty that does not qualify for your vehicle and knowingly collecting making money off the interest they charge off the amount.

This all happened. It was done to me even though they knew my house had burnt down November 18th of 2017 and I was just made homeless. They still never contacted me until I contacted them when the vehicle has been repossessed. I feel illegally and definitely breached the peace for the way it was done and it was repoed on private property without permission and without police escort.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Leased a 2015 Dodge Ram pickup from this sad excuse of a company. 2.5 yrs later I attempted a buyout of the lease. Sent a bank check of my own money and a bank draft called every week to see if they found the draft that was sent in the same envelope as my check. Every time I called they told me they have my check but no draft. I was told maybe processing and was told to call back on the following Friday. I was told to call back the next week and on Monday they still didn't process it.

In the meantime I was called 10 time for a late payment because they couldn't find my bank draft. But the 11 thousand I sent should have covered the payment. A month later I called asked for a supervisor and he told me they don't take drafts had to be a bank check. I said no one has ever told me that or called me. He told me they don't call people from that department yet I was hounded for a payment the whole time by them call after call. I asked him why they didn't tell me and he said he didn't know. Lol.

Finally I was told no draft so I sent an overnight for them which took 4 days to get processed. In that time they knowing everything was there hit my credit for late payment. If I ever get through this ordeal I will always run screaming when I hear the name Chrysler Capital. I'm 53 yrs old and have never went through a company with so many useless lazy people working in it. They say whatever it takes to pass you to someone else. Please please please do yourself a favor. If by some chance on a day in your life decide to lease a vehicle and it has the words Chrysler Crapital run and never look back and when you get home lock your doors, smash your phone and cover up and hope you never hear the name again.

Chrysler Financial Company Information