1.22/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 19, 2018

223 Chrysler Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

I'm currently leasing 2016 Jeep Compass since August 2016. Never missed 1 payment never been late. For the past month I've been getting calls from Chrysler that I'm behind 7 months in payments. 2 weeks ago received letter stating that my jeep will be repossessed if I don't get caught up with my payments and now they dropped my credit score 89 points. I call. They tell me they sent an inquiry to accounting dept. Everyday that's the same story. I was advised this matter would be handled within 72 hours. That was almost 2 weeks now. I really need my credit score to go back up for I'm in the process of buying a house. I wanna sue them. I'm so stressed about this situation and still have no answers.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I turned in my Fiat 500e after I made my final payment on 2/7/2018. The car was due on 3/7/2018. The final bill was issued on 2/27/2018 for a $395 disposition fee. Chrysler reported me delinquent on 3/2/2018. They reported me delinquent before I received the final bill and before my car was even due for turn in. Then instead of removing the incorrect derogatory information, they reported my account as paid, which dropped my score again. On 3/1/2018 my credit score was 802. By 4/10/2018, my score had dropped to 694. We were planning to buy a house, but with my credit score impacted form their incompetence I have to wait. Does anyone know if they can be sued?

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Leased a Fiat for 3 years. Turned it in. Followed all the directions, etc. Some idiot parked the car in a tow zone outside where lease returns are auctioned off. We are, somehow, still listed as the "owner". Contacted the towing company to explain. Contacted the Dealership where car was returned to inquire about what to do. They referred me to Chrysler Capital. No one I spoke with could give two rats' **. They are the legal owner of the car and it's about to be auctioned off with the proceeds going to the tow company. Turns out they didn't file the paperwork with the DMW to release us from liability. Good thing we have a lawyer on retainer. DO NOT consider leasing any Chrysler car. This is our 3rd lease, first with Chrysler, and the level of incompetence is mind blowing...

Original review: March 23, 2018

Paid first car payment at dealership. No money down. Chrysler Financial says behind on car payment that the payment at dealership was money down. I have proof the receipt says first payment so does lease. Now they attached a late charge to my credit. They are playing with people's lives when they destroy credit. Letting my lawyer handle it now. What a scam.

Original review: March 5, 2018

These people are upping my payoff every 3 days ($34.32). I ALWAYS pay our bill weeks early. Last month, they took it twice. I called to take care of the issue, they say it'll take 3-5 days for refund. BS... WHY THE HELL WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR OUR REFUND CAUSE THEIR DAMN SYSTEM MESS UP? They claim they have to review it. Freaking idiots to prove is on payment history!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I don’t even know where to begin. This company has screwed me over royally, for no reason. Looking back at my payment history, I indeed was caught up on my payments, but somehow they found it necessary to repossess my car when the loan WAS NOT EVEN DUE YET! Now I’m going through the nightmare of dealing with these liars and the equally low life PAR North America, to get my car back, for something that was their mistake. I swear to God I’m never buying another Chrysler again, and once I get my car back, they’re going to meet my lawyer.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Limited options. Can't advance your payment or pay towards your principal balance without there being an issue. There is absolutely no freedom in this contract. It's like they want you in debt your full term.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

So I’m at the end of my lease, never missed or have been late on a payment. I called a couple days ago for them to pause my automatic payment. I didn’t get the lady’s name but she said that’s no worry because my last payment will have to be made manually regardless. She lied to me. Didn’t even note my account. I advised her Hakeem ** would be making my last payment. Said no problem again & would note my account. Another lie! So today I woke up to a notification from my bank that my automatic payment went through!!! I’m absolutely disgusted with this company. Now I have to go out of my way to go to my bank so they can fax my bank statement & have to wait 3-5 business days to get the money they wrongfully took out of my account.

Now I have to go get a new car today with $200 less than I should have in my account. I will make sure none of my family or friends go through this company. Not to mention they were harassing my mother who is the CO SIGNER & never even tried to call me as I’m the primary on the account. They do not communicate with each other. They don’t note the accounts correctly. I mean come on I work somewhere similar. I know their job isn’t that hard. They gave me the runaround. Needless to say I can’t WAIT to get rid of this car, & get my money back so I NEVER have to deal with them again.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I am trying to end a 36 month lease after 21 payments as I am leaving the country. At the time of obtaining the payoff amount from Chrysler Capital, I have spoken with 4 different people who gave me different amounts and besides that, they are not allowing me to do it through Carmax, who is the company where I am selling the car. I haven’t been able to sell it yet, it seems Chrysler Capital doesn’t want me to get off the lease and/or sell it to Carmax. Terrible experience. Not working with them ever again.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

The ability of the call takers to understand the customer's situation is nonexistent. It took me six months get back my state taxes that Jeep owed me last year and over 30 calls. This Oct my sister bought my jeep. I had leased it, she bought it three months before it was up. We got a buy out price on Oct 13th, we bought it on Oct 16th. Jeep says I still owe for Oct, Nov, and Dec. I don't own the Jeep and it the buyout price is the price in full to own the vehicle. To make matters worse only the finance dept has any real knowledge - but they have no telephones, they do have email but apparently that isn't allowed to be given out to customers.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I bought a car through Roberts Chrysler Jeep and Dodge out of Pryor Oklahoma. They are also owned by Chrysler Financial in Chrysler Corporation. The dealership defrauded me of $3,400 on an aftermarket warranty that my vehicle did not qualify for and they are directly told what to do by Chrysler Financial. Chrysler Financial never contacted me the cosigner of the vehicle but the actual buyer of a vehicle about no payments have been made since November of 2017 and repossessed the vehicle a week ago. Gave me one more week to come up with the full amount of the vehicle or they were going to sell it at auction. Then they send me a letter saying that they're going to sell it sometime after the 19th of January 2018. They cannot do so and in my state of Oklahoma they must inform me of when and where the vehicle is being sold so I can attend the auction.

They're saying I cannot attend the auction. Well I'm sorry. Texas law does not supersede the state of Oklahoma law. You did business in Oklahoma and you must abide my state laws. They did all of this to me and have three different addresses. One of which does not exist. The other one we do not know where it is from. Probably doesn't exist either and one that is my dad's company which neither of us live at and they have registered as the home of the both of us. They have their heads up their asses and I'm about to sue the living piss out of them and turn them into my State's Attorney General's office for fraud due to that aftermarket warranty that they knowingly collected money off of, knowingly make the car dealership do this fraudulent scam of selling a warranty that does not qualify for your vehicle and knowingly collecting making money off the interest they charge off the amount.

This all happened. It was done to me even though they knew my house had burnt down November 18th of 2017 and I was just made homeless. They still never contacted me until I contacted them when the vehicle has been repossessed. I feel illegally and definitely breached the peace for the way it was done and it was repoed on private property without permission and without police escort.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Leased a 2015 Dodge Ram pickup from this sad excuse of a company. 2.5 yrs later I attempted a buyout of the lease. Sent a bank check of my own money and a bank draft called every week to see if they found the draft that was sent in the same envelope as my check. Every time I called they told me they have my check but no draft. I was told maybe processing and was told to call back on the following Friday. I was told to call back the next week and on Monday they still didn't process it.

In the meantime I was called 10 time for a late payment because they couldn't find my bank draft. But the 11 thousand I sent should have covered the payment. A month later I called asked for a supervisor and he told me they don't take drafts had to be a bank check. I said no one has ever told me that or called me. He told me they don't call people from that department yet I was hounded for a payment the whole time by them call after call. I asked him why they didn't tell me and he said he didn't know. Lol.

Finally I was told no draft so I sent an overnight for them which took 4 days to get processed. In that time they knowing everything was there hit my credit for late payment. If I ever get through this ordeal I will always run screaming when I hear the name Chrysler Capital. I'm 53 yrs old and have never went through a company with so many useless lazy people working in it. They say whatever it takes to pass you to someone else. Please please please do yourself a favor. If by some chance on a day in your life decide to lease a vehicle and it has the words Chrysler Crapital run and never look back and when you get home lock your doors, smash your phone and cover up and hope you never hear the name again.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I bought my lease out in the spring of 2016. The car is in my driveway - yet Chrysler Capital has called me over 100 times insisting that I turned it in and did NOT purchase it. The dealer Jeep Dealership in Old Saybrook CT has called them numerous times to resolve this PAPERWORK ERROR. This is harassment and bad for Chrysler Dodge Jeep. Period. Still not resolved. If I could I would give a zero to this company.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I was injured and out of work for over 6 months. In that time I fell behind on payments. They repossessed my car (understandable). In working to get it back I had to make numerous calls to the company, all of these went fine and the service/information was helpful. I paid off the full balance. I then asked how I get my car. They had it shipped to an auction house 2.5 hours from my home! I find it interesting that if you have no car, paid to get your car back, but now you have to find a ride for a total of a 5 hour trip (roundtrip). Very shady.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Chrysler Financial is the worst to deal with. Trying to get a payoff amount and they will not tell me the amount. It's not on their website, they won't email it to you. They will only fax or mail (never received it even though they say they sent it 3 times). This would be fine except I looked down at the date on my computer and it said 2017 and not 1987. I guess when your cars and service are this bad you try and hold on to customers as long as you can and not let them go. Advice go buy somewhere else.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Bought a new 2017 Dodge Ram pickup truck. Sales pitch, to get a sizable discount was to finance through Chrysler, had to keep loan for at least 90 days. At day 100, I called to get pay off amount. I was asking why interest was more than what it shows online. She said because they are locking in that amount for 15 days. I said "I don't need 15 days, I am paying off tomorrow." She said doesn't make any difference, I have to pay for 15 more days interest, not just the one day.

I called back today to pay off via EFT. They can't do it over phone. I said I will pay online, she said I can't pay off more than $2,000 online. She said I need to send it overnight to ensure they get the check before the 15 days. I told her "You mean if I send tomorrow (Oct 28) you won't get it in the 15 day lock in date (Nov 9, which isn't 15 days as she told me)." She said they should but with a check that large I should send overnight. I told her I will send certified so I will have proof it was received and signed for within the deadline. Will NEVER go through Chrysler credit and may never buy another Chrysler product, what a scam to make a few extra bucks!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

In June 2017 I lost my job. The business was sold, so I was forced to surrender my 2016 Jeep Patriot. I received the voluntary surrender paperwork and faxed it in. Twice. Once to Santander and once to Chrysler Capital. Someone was supposed to pick up the Jeep in June!!! It is almost September and here the Jeep sits... we had to take off the insurance in order to afford insurance for my husband's vehicle. I have talked to customer service MULTIPLE times and they say the same thing, "I will forward this to the manager." I talked them two weeks ago.... Same thing. My credit is taking hits each month for non payment AND I got a letter from an attorney trying to sue me for the Jeep! I have tried and tried and tried to get this Jeep picked up... almost 3 months now!!! I will never ever ever get a loan through Chrysler Capital again. Incompetent customer service department and Managers who clearly don't do their jobs!

Original review: June 19, 2017

Leased a 2015 Chrysler 300. I called them to see if I could pay the remaining lease payments ($6,000) and turn in my car... pay early termination... and have them bill me for any damages etc... I was told if I turn it in prior to 30 days I would be charged close to 25k! I confirmed with customer service that it would be more feasible to let it sit in my front yard. What? Makes no sense... I have decided to call them and have them pick up the car. I have had nothing but issues with this vehicle.

Original review: April 23, 2017

I LEASED a vehicle in Sept 2015 after I was convinced this was the best option. I originally went to purchase a new jeep and trade in my old jeep. In March 2016 the military moved me clear across the country. We drove (had to drive 2 vehicles, 3 pets and 1 kid). In April we bought a house so I updated my address with Chrysler like I'm supposed to do. In May, they started charging me taxes. They weren't sure what kind of taxes they were charging me but they charged me taxes and this was added to my monthly payment... every single month. Finally I was told I was being charged Nevada sales tax. First, I had already paid sales tax when I signed the lease for the Jeep. 3 years worth of sales tax was rolled into my monthly payment. But now I'm supposed to pay Nevada sales tax so that is now rolled into my monthly payment... a little over $50 a month.

So then Chrysler says it's actually not sales tax, it's property tax. Well Nevada doesn't charge property tax on vehicles at all no matter who you are. And Nevada didn't know I was there because I hadn't gone to the DMV because my registration wasn't due to expire until Sept 2016. And, the DMV said they don't charge property tax AND they said at no time will they or have they charged sales tax on a vehicle that has already been paid and tax from another state. But no matter how many times I call Chrysler, they have some random excuse on what tax this is and why and they've yet to produce some kind of bill.

I called Nevada's dept of taxation and they said they don't bill leasing companies. So now I have 19 months left on my lease and I'm paying taxes for TWO states at the same damn time. I have sent them emails from VA and NV and they do not care! I WISH I would have read the reviews first so in the end it's my fault for not doing my homework. I will, for the rest of my life, deter everyone I know from Chrysler. I love my jeep and I've owned Jeeps since 2007. I have never leased a vehicle and let me tell you, I have learned my lesson. My husband leases a vehicle from Infinity. They are amazing, they have common sense and they are so easy to work with. Stay away from Chrysler, they 1000% suck! Terrible! They lie.

Original review: April 14, 2017

Looking at all the bad reviews on TD Auto Finance really had me worried. Fell behind on payments and they worked with me without a problem. I have had to contact them a few times and had no issues getting through in a timely manner and was treated with total respect.

Original review: April 14, 2017

I mailed out a payment that was never received and it's been 10 days since I mailed it. I asked them if I was to cancel my check and pay it by phone if they would charge me a return check fee and they said yes. They would not help me in any way. They were gonna transfer me to a manager to have them tell me the same thing the rep told me. The payments have taken 3-4 days to get from NC to Dallas TX for a whole year straight. This time it has approached the 10 day mark and still no payment. They reported to the bureaus that it was late. Now my credit and my wife's credit is damaged. And who's to say if she would ever co-sign a car for me again. This is my second time calling/chatting with CC with no avail. Because of some sort of USPS error (which is common here in good ol' NC), I have to suffer and it's "my fault." Which is unfair practices.

They should take more steps to help customers who have never been late. I'm not even experiencing financial difficulties, but I feel bad for the ones who do because they will get NO help from CC. This will be my first and FINAL time doing business with this bank. I am close to voluntary surrender of the car and walk away. Do yourself a favor, if you want someone to help you in situations like this, STAY AWAY from CC. Instead, go through a Credit Union where they are all about the customer and NOT about the dollar sign!

Original review: March 17, 2017

I am reading the reviews about Chrysler and I have to say, I have yet to experience any of the 1-star reviews. I think I have made one payment on time and lost my job shortly thereafter. I stayed in contact with Chrysler and continued to make good faith payments. My mother was murdered on March 1, 2017 and I contacted Chrysler to advise them that I had no money to catch up or make any payments. Keep in mind I am delinquent. They offered me many options and also provided me with consequences I was up against. Bottom line, if you are 2 days past due, they can technically repossess your car. In good faith, they have allowed me the opportunity to catch back up. I have been scheduled for repossession and they have worked with me to keep me in my 2015 Dodge Charger. It's all in the way you communicate. We are not entitled to drive their vehicles without keeping our end of the agreement.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

HORRIBLE COMPANY!!! Will LOSE your check if you mail a payment! Will lose your check if you mail in a payoff check! Will NOT let you speak to the processing center! Will NOT verify with the processing center received checks! Certified mail only protects you to sue! It does NOT make a difference with Chrysler! Poor customer service!!! TAKE YOUR BUSINESS SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I bought a Jeep Patriot back in 2013. Made every payment on time for a year or more. Then I had to trade it back in after a legal separation. Hoover Chrysler Dodge Jeep of Summerville DID NOT honor their agreement on allowing me to trade after a year. So I had to go to another Chrysler Dodge jeep dealership in Myrtle Beach to trade the vehicle like I was supposed to. They really screwed me on my deal with lie after lie. Especially tricking me on how I did the paperwork.

I was a first time by myself car buyer so I took a friend with me to check things out. Turns out he really knew nothing about buying a car. I couldn't turn back because I drove 2 hours to make the trade. Made the trade only to learn I got screwed on my payment and amount financed. The dealership literally made over $1000 commission on me. Luckily I'm not that car stupid anymore. But I figured having good standing with Chrysler Capital I thought they would work with me when I got laid off. I made all payments on time for over a year and a half before I was laid off work. I managed to make payments sporadically with extra money from small jobs here and there. I ALWAYS called Chrysler Capital letting them know what was going on twice a month every month.

They began calling family and friends on my references telling them they could not contact me and all kinds of stuff which was lies since I call twice a month to keep them informed. Occasionally I managed to stay afloat and sometimes I fell behind up to 70 days (like 3-4 times). I tried explaining to them constantly that if they check my history with them this is the first time I've had a hardship like this happen to me. Needless to say my unemployment lasted almost a year. At first they were helpful, seemed concerned and willing to help. But then they turned their backs completely on me. Every call became about getting me to voluntarily surrender my vehicle or them coming to get it. Unfortunately where I live a car is a huge necessity. No public transportation. Plus I have two children to transport. So giving up was not an option.

Every time I called to make a payment or inform them of current standing it was the same thing every time. PAY NOW OR VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER. They completely stopped caring that at one time I was one of their outstanding paying customers who was always early on payments. To treating me like crap and basically letting me know they could care less on what I was trying to do. Once I am able to get from under their vehicle and get my credit back to the 700s I'm getting rid of them as a finance company and NEVER doing business with them again. After seeing what I've gone thru my family and friends will never do business with them either.

To them it doesn't matter how you started with them. It's all about how you are now. Having been in this position is really sympathize with people who are in the same position. Laid off from work and struggling to secure new employment. I don't recommend this company to anybody because if you EVER fall on hard times they will not help you. Also they like to offer you a extension where they put your missed payment at the back of your loan. Try not to do it. It adds a lot of fees. The fees and interest are what start to drown you. For that whole year I never saw my balance move. They just made thousands off me while I was still trapped and struggling. Car business is bad business. Too many crooks. Chrysler Capital is bad business. Try to go somewhere else!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

The way that their website works is you do not see any past due amount when making a payment. My car was repossessed this morning with no notice because of a check that bounced over a year ago. Fees for that and late fees added up to $395.00. With no contact, warning, phone call, email... nothing, they took the car from in front of my house.

P.S. They charge $395 in repo fees and my credit will be wrecked anyway. Taking what money I have to buy a 2010 Jetta in cash. Trash my credit if you like. I'm an attorney and I am suing you to get this removed from my credit. It costs me nothing at all, barely any time or money to sue you but you will have to pay your attorneys to come to court and answer my lawsuit. There are very bad business practices happening here. I never missed one payment however late they may have been---never more than 2 weeks late.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I purchased a 2016 Ram from Chrysler last Feb. I had to call them several times because my statement never arrives on time. I now have resorted to sending in payments with a copy of previous invoices. I also have made extra principal payments and clearly mark in the Appropriate location on their coupon stating the payment plus any extra principal. The manager there told me they won't apply it because I need to send in 2 checks not just 1 single check for that to happen. Well where does that make any difference. I now think they are just out to grab extra fees from whoever they can. Well good luck with that.

I always pay my bills before the due date and my credit score is 840 or better every month. What's funny is they apply my extra principal to the next payment and charge me interest on my own money. These guys are profession crooks. Looks like I will be paying off the loan here next month just to get away from these jerks. Maybe I will not buy Chrysler again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

This is my fault for not catching it sooner. I leased a Jeep Patriot. Immediately, I set it up for auto pay so I never had to worry about it. As I'm getting near the end of my lease and trying to figure out what to do - buy or lease another - I looked at my statement. Something wasn't right. Statement says payment due is $208 - $187+$21 tax. However, they deducted $231 from my bank account! I went back and they had been doing this every single month! How are they taking an autopay for more than the amount that is due?!!

The statement lists the prior amount paid as such:
10/30 Payment Received $187.
10/30 Payment Received $21.
10/30 Payment Received $21.

10/30 Payment Received $2.75.

It is only through here that I realized the $2.75 each month is the Western Union fee - so lame! But how the heck were they taking the tax payment TWICE? It is not as if my statement had it duplicated. My statement says "Amount Due $208". I'm so pissed off. Yes, I should have noticed before but seriously... What the heck? Needless to say, this will make my decision easier on what vehicle I get next and with whom I finance. Btw... The whole experience buying the Jeep was awful, but that is for another review of the dealership. Still waiting on Chrysler Financial to reply to my email inquiry.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

This company has the capability of being a great business - however, the Chrysler agents (from corporate to multiple dealership supervisors to several service representatives) that are dealing with the dedicated and loyal customers really and truly deserve brooms mops in their hand not a phone nor have the pleasure / Responsibilities of (person to person) speaking to paying patrons. I have been offered so many awesome deals that are taken back by present Chrysler officials. I have paid average interest rates before they are due only to be treated as a delinquent client. I literally hate Chrysler corporate, landmark, & courtesy dealerships. After you spend your money and sign contracts with this company they treat you like you are a beggar.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I purchased a new Jeep from a Heritage Jeep dealership in Owings Mills, MD 05/23/2016. After being in the dealership for 6 hours, at 1 in the morning the next day I drove off the lot. Sleepy and eager to leave I signed all of the paperwork and left. They told me I was with my poor credit score, etc. We did all the paperwork stuff, got sold all the extra warranties, we were able to purchase and tack it on to the loan and so on. I've had the car for almost 4 months, and today I get a letter in the mail saying that our financing was denied for the following reasons: too low CREDIT SCORE, too many recent credit requests, AND REVOLVING CREDIT. So, that's crappy enough. They want us to contact the dealership for further instructions. I feel like just canceling the whole deal and taking the car back... EXCEPT I have made a payment, paid insurance and they sold my trade in!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

They had me set up auto pay on my Rolls Royce. The first two months everything was fine. 2 months later I get a call that I'm no longer eligible for online pay and I'm 2 months late. No warning, no heads up, just a "Call that site. You are two months late." I say "Ok. Well let me pay the full amount to get it caught up." The lady takes my payment info but only makes one payment with my card info but tells me I'm caught up. I go to Bank of America and set up auto bill pay to send them a check every month so I no longer have to concern myself with it. Today I open my bill and she had only made one payment on my behalf over the phone so now I've been a month late every month since this occurrence and they have charged me $110 late me each month and reported this all to my credit agency.

I started this process 7 months ago with a credit score of 820 and now thanks to TD Auto Finance I have a credit score of 591 because they were only interested in getting late fees and not actually doing quality business that you both agree on upfront. I will be paying this up and the minute I got back over 700 on my credit score I'll be refinancing with ANYONE but this company. BEWARE!!! STAY AWAY!!!

Chrysler Financial Company Information