Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched
Chrysler Financial
3.18/5

Chrysler Financial

Chrysler has released six generations of minivans since 1984. Read more Chrysler reviews to learn about other models.

Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched

Chrysler Financial Reviews

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

This is a terrible company and if I could give it 0 stars, I would. If you like to sit on hold forever, deal with disinterested customer service people who could care less about you or your issue, and enjoy dealing with a company that operates with zero sense of ethics, then Chrysler Capital (it's really Ally Financial in disguise) is the company for you. I turned a lease vehicle in 7 months early and replaced with another vehicle leased through Chrysler Capital. I was nowhere near the end of my mileage, but started receiving offers in the mail from dealers to turn the car in early, so I did. The dealer agreed to cover my remaining lease payments as part of the deal.

Then Chrysler Capital sent me a bill for $5,100 in the mail, claiming that because the car was turned in early, I owed them the difference between the residual value of the lease, and what they actually received for it at auction. Apparently, had I waited and given them a car that was 7 months older with more miles on it, it wouldn't be my fault that they calculated the residual value wrong and took a loss at auction.

Going through the dispute resolution process was a nightmare of epic proportions. When you call there, you are put on hold for literally 10-20 minutes at a time, each time you get escalated, while someone "reviews the notes" of your case. While you're on hold, you are subjected to a jazzy little tune that is literally 5-10 seconds long, then repeats, over and over and over again. Regardless of who you deal with, the best you're ever going to get is treated like a meaningless number to them. They will recite contract language and even get a nasty attitude with you, basically telling you that they don't care what you do, or whether you ever do business with them again.

We have another lease vehicle leased through our local credit union and the experience couldn't be any more different. I highly recommend that you avoid Chrysler Capital and Ally Financial at all costs and choose your own bank or a local credit union that will treat you like you matter, and not pull shady moves trying to transfer the cost of their mistakes onto you. As a matter of fact, I'm sitting on hold with them right now - 27 minutes in - and I'm using the time to share this experience with as many people as I can. Worst. Company. Ever.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Absolutely horrible experience!! I read on this site about someone being a month late - 1 late payment on their car loan/lease which is what happened to me only because I was sure I was on auto-pay...Not like the previous entry who had a “good” experience and their lives moved forward without being compromised, I just got off the phone with Blanca /account executive (?) who has DECLINED to give a one-time goodwill late removal on my account. Chrysler proceeded to submit my one - late payment to all 3 credit bureaus, my FICO score has dropped over 45pts!!! And this is the very FIRST time ever I have had one late payment due to thinking I was on auto-pay!! Ever. I’ve had “exceptional” credit for over 45years.

I spoke with a Chrysler Capital agent on Sept 13 in regards to my policy about car rental in case I needed one when my car had an issue — at no point in time did the agent indicate I was late! Had not made a payment. Ever! Blanca’s response: "I’m sorry but the agent does not have to report to you that you’re late in payment." Ridiculous and unacceptable. I spoke with three supervisors at each credit bureau and a “goodwill removal” is practiced by ALL companies, including them!

Now I’m questioning why would the previous entry be entitled to one late payment without it being submitted to the credit bureaus?? And why was I not allotted the same courtesy?!!!? Time to take this matter to the next level... I have my ideas on what to do, anyone else care to share your views if you’ve experienced same/similar issues with this horrible company? Thanks.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Do not use this financial service if you can avoid it. They will try and charge you up and beyond what you own them, and what you signed in the contract. If you value your time, and money and are trying to build a credit score do not use this company. They have also found a way to ding your credit just enough where you can not get refinanced so you are stuck with them. I pay my payment every month and have been charged late fees on top of paying more than what I owe. I used to be with Wells Fargo and they never did this. Plus I was accused of hanging up on their calls when I never received calls from them that I answered. There are a greedy company that finds ways to ruin a consumer's way of living and needs to be held accountable. Just search for all the customers who are working on suing them. It is unbelievable.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Generally, the customers service/accounts is very rude to a customer. I don't think they know that they exist cause of a customer. They received my total loss ins money and posted it as repairs money meanwhile reporting to credit bureau that my account was in default. Ruined my credit. The customer service depart behave as human machine which keep on repeating themselves without helping at all. They don't care about the effects of their errors. I hope one day they will wake up before they sink like all other big giants did. I wouldn't recommend anyone to use them at all.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I closed a lease with them and opened another with them immediately the day after a few weeks ago. The only problem I've had with them is getting a refund on an over-payment on the previous lease. After three weeks of no indication (online account, e-mail, letter, etc.) that this would be taken care of and waiting for them to process this without my involvement, I had to call and prompt them to look into this.

After one hand-off to another department, that department said they needed to hand this off to accounting. That will take a few business days more for their review. Once that's done, I was was told I can expect a refund (if, as they stated, I'm due a refund when it's plain as day that I am due one) within 60 days of the termination of my previous lease. That is a LONG time and I can't honestly say after getting off the phone with them that I won't have to call them again after a few more weeks of waiting. Maybe this would have been processed at some point but I was given no indication with anyone I spoke with that it would have been without my prompting. I guess we shall see...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

This bank is very sneaky. They put into the contract, and never point this out, that even if you pay every single payment, ON TIME, they black mail you into payment a ridiculous fee that if you don't lease another car within 30 days they can just charge you! They have zero regard for even a great customer. While every business is always looking to make a profit, it's the blackmail that is morally wrong. Regardless of an excellent reason for needing to extend the time to lease another car. I would never use this bank again. Proceed at your own risk.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Vehicle is totaled and a check sent by the insurance company for the payoff and a month later and multiple phone calls later - nothing. The people there are not helpful and cannot tell you where the money went. It is affecting credit and other financial aspects. Really disappointing.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Our auto loan has been paid on time or even before the due date for over 4 yrs. We hit a small rough patch this month and requested to defer our payment, they would not help us. I guess we could just not pay it and be a month behind but that’s not who we are.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Bought new truck and made payments for 2 years. Construction slowed and I was out of work for a few months. They would not accept partial payments. I am now back to work and trying to ask them to help me pay off the overdue amount along with paying all monthly payments on time. Their response is PAY IT ALL UP TO DATE. PERIOD. There is no room to negotiate even if you are doing your best to catch up. And they will not even consider refinancing the vehicle in order to bring everything up to date.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

The worst place to get a car loan from!!! The APR% is extremely high. They only negotiate with you 1 time only!! And if you become on maternity leave as single mother and can't pay oh well because they can no longer assist you. So you become stuck paying a high car note with a high APR%. They do not refinance!!! Just the worst experience as a first time car buyer and never again will I do it through them!!! Just the worst. I wish they can have 0 stars. That's how disgusted by them I AM.

Chrysler Financial Company Information