Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched
  2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Chrysler Financial

Chrysler Financial
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.03/5

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Chrysler has released six generations of minivans since 1984. Read more Chrysler reviews to learn about other models.

Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Chrysler Financial Reviews

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

Three years ago, I was accepted to a university and had to move across the country. I tried to keep my car, but found the lease payments unmanageable. I tried to sell the car, sell the lease, everything I could do, to no avail. Finally, I decided to return the car to the dealership, knowing that I would likely owe Chrysler Financial an amount for the termination of my lease. I only asked that they send me a letter outlining the owed amount.

Over the past two years, I keep getting phone calls demanding that I pay them over twelve thousand dollars, which is more than the car was worth and I was able to learn that they sold it for more than twelve thousand dollars. They refuse to give me a statement outlining where the charges are coming from, and they continue to attack my credit. Even when I log on to my online account, there is no statement outlining the charges. There is only a billed amount. I do not trust them, and I am afraid that if I pay the amount without a billing statement, I will have no record to show that I was overcharged or unfairly billed, if I have been. This has been a nightmare. I do not recommend using them at all.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I am a victim of the Woolsey Fires in California, let's just start there. Needless to say after losing my home and all of my possessions I was a tad out of it. As soon as my homeowners insurance began to give me trouble, I reached out to all my creditors to alert them of my situation. All of them except Chrysler offered me some type of payment arrangement. So I continued to make my payments ON TIME and in the midst of my family's crisis I forgot to make 1 payment by the due date. I called within days of due date to make payment, they had assessed late fees and refused to remove them. I begged them and explained my situation but refused to take fees off.

I gave up trying to argue with them (I don't have much fight left in me) but to my absolute horror, the late fees they charged were not applied against late fees at all, the idiot customer service rep applied what was supposed late fees towards my next month's payment, leaving me with outstanding late fees that have kept accumulating month after month. My most recent phone call just last week to Chrysler Capital and the customer service rep tells me "Gee I am sorry, we have a lot of customer service reps making mistakes" and then refuses to remove the single late payment from my history, I then asked to speak to the manager, He could have cared less about my situation. I begged him, Explained to him that one year later and I still have no settlement, living in a hotel with my two children, am in the middle of a divorce (fire has just been too much).

I am attempting to secure a home loan and the negative reporting has dropped my rating significantly. It was one time and I pleaded for goodwill. Nope nothing. I am disputing with the 3 credit agencies but it doesn't seem to be working. I have attached natural disaster to the negative report. You'd think that a single late payment following a Presidentially Declared Disaster would qualify for a goodwill gesture? Nope, not Chrysler. Needless to say, I will Never Ever not for all the money in the world ever buy or lease from them again. I'm going back to the German cars and Companies. So much for made in America!

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

My husband and I have owned Chrysler vehicles for the past 12 years. We have enjoyed raising our family with 2 grand caravans. I usually pay my van payment online using their website. It is a convenient way to stay on top of my budget. Last year, we were preparing to get our house on the market. Everyone knows hectic that process can be. I made my van payment as I usually do, received a confirmation via email. Nearly weeks later I received my statement and my payment was reversed.

Apparently, when I made my payment, I entered a number incorrectly. I called Chrysler Credit and they could not offer any addition information other than they tried to call me. Unfortunately, during that time frame my cell phone was not working properly either. THEY NEVER ATTEMPTED TO REACH ME VIA EMAIL, AS THAT'S HOW I MADE MY PAYMENT ANYWAY. Of course, that changed my credit score, increasing my interest rate. My husband and I sent Chrysler a letter begging them to over turn the listing on our credit, as it was an honest mistake, but they said no. We have hired Lexington Law, a company that helps with the credit report. Again, Chrysler will not budge.

I WILL NEVER, EVER, deal with that company again. It's a shame, because it's time for another vehicle, my credit score is better, and I won't even test drive their vehicles. Just one mistake defined my life as far as my new mortgage for 30 years. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE WE DID. USE ANOTHER COMPANY. They are unreasonable, and expect excellence with their customers, when they cannot deliver excellence themselves.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I leased a Fiat 500 e back on 2016 and now I am trying to return it as the lease is ending soon. When I contacted the dealer they said they can not take it back as they don't have space. I reached out the Chrysler team to help me in picking up the car but there is no response since last 4 days. They say that they don't have an ETA to pick up the car. I have a limited parking within the area I live in so I am going through nightmare. I will never lease/buy a car through Chrysler ever.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Chrysler Capital is unwilling to work with you no matter what your situation may be. I’ve had a loss of income & have inquired about a loan modification & the only thing they say that they can do is set up a payment plan to bring my account current. I received a letter from them stating that they may have an assistance program available to me. Upon calling & speaking with Marcus on 12/26/2019, he repeatedly stated the only thing that is available to me is a payment arrangement which would require that I make a payment and a half until the account is current. **Keeping in mind that I lost my job in August & I have been attempting to work with them in regards to my account.**

If I’m having issues with making the regular monthly payments then how do they expect me to make a payment and a half while I’m unemployed? My family still has my husband’s income so I’ve asked them about a loan modification numerous times but they will not even discuss whether that may be an option for us. I definitely want to be able to keep the vehicle but Chrysler Capital does not seem to care about any type of hardships that caused the situation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

What everyone else has said is accurate! This company is awful. As other have stated, they do not care at all about their customers or their rating. They will gladly not remove a minimal charge or work with you in anyway. Once you sign, you are theirs. Beware!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Upon deciding to buy a new car, the dealer suggested using Chrysler Capital for financing in order to get all the incentives available. From the beginning, we have had trouble with this company. We never received a payment book/bill from the company. Upon calling them, they said they would send out another bill. We never got that one, either. When we called again, it was discovered that they had our address wrong this whole time. By now, we are one payment behind. We make the payments and hope for smooth sailing. Several months later, we get a bill saying that we are behind one payment, so we owe 2 payments and a fee because our check didn't clear. Our bank checked into the problem. It seems Chrysler Capital had keyed in our account number wrong, so the check came back because the account couldn't be found. So, the mistake was on Chrysler's end.

We sent the correct amount, on time, and they wanted to charge us for their mistake. After talking to them, we were assured the extra charge would be dropped because it was their error. Our next bill indicated a charge for the mix-up. So, another phone call, and no one could fix the issue. They said our local bank charged this fee. That doesn't even make any sense! But they refused to take the charge off. We informed them we would be paying off this loan with Chrysler, and transferring it to our bank. We had the paperwork already done. They didn't seem concerned to be losing a customer over a small fee they insisted we owed because they made an error.

I checked Chrysler Capital's reviews online, and it was no surprise to see many one and two star ratings. I read of many cases similar to ours. Some cases even indicated that Chrysler records continued to indicate a loan was open after being paid off/transferred to another company. This affected the customer's credit rating. So we're not sure we're out of the mess called Chrysler Capital yet! My advice, go with a better company than Chrysler Capital. The right hand doesn't seem to know what the left is doing. They have no concern about what is best for the consumer. They evidently have some number identification problems, as well as mathematics concerns. I don't have anything good to say about them, unfortunately.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I have sent in double payments all their way through, but Chrysler Financial figured out how to charge me a late fee anyway. Now I'm on hold with them forever and they refuse to remove the late fee even though they are already in possession of another payment. Jamal refused to help me on the phone saying they would have to receive the additional payment first....even though my bank confirms they already have the money. Can you imagine a company that cares so little about their reputation that they will not remove a very small late fee. Of course at the same time the vehicle itself is in the shop with a huge electrical issue. I guess a crappy finance company to go with a crappy car company. NEVER AGAIN!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

This is a terrible company and if I could give it 0 stars, I would. If you like to sit on hold forever, deal with disinterested customer service people who could care less about you or your issue, and enjoy dealing with a company that operates with zero sense of ethics, then Chrysler Capital (it's really Ally Financial in disguise) is the company for you. I turned a lease vehicle in 7 months early and replaced with another vehicle leased through Chrysler Capital. I was nowhere near the end of my mileage, but started receiving offers in the mail from dealers to turn the car in early, so I did. The dealer agreed to cover my remaining lease payments as part of the deal.

Then Chrysler Capital sent me a bill for $5,100 in the mail, claiming that because the car was turned in early, I owed them the difference between the residual value of the lease, and what they actually received for it at auction. Apparently, had I waited and given them a car that was 7 months older with more miles on it, it wouldn't be my fault that they calculated the residual value wrong and took a loss at auction.

Going through the dispute resolution process was a nightmare of epic proportions. When you call there, you are put on hold for literally 10-20 minutes at a time, each time you get escalated, while someone "reviews the notes" of your case. While you're on hold, you are subjected to a jazzy little tune that is literally 5-10 seconds long, then repeats, over and over and over again. Regardless of who you deal with, the best you're ever going to get is treated like a meaningless number to them. They will recite contract language and even get a nasty attitude with you, basically telling you that they don't care what you do, or whether you ever do business with them again.

We have another lease vehicle leased through our local credit union and the experience couldn't be any more different. I highly recommend that you avoid Chrysler Capital and Ally Financial at all costs and choose your own bank or a local credit union that will treat you like you matter, and not pull shady moves trying to transfer the cost of their mistakes onto you. As a matter of fact, I'm sitting on hold with them right now - 27 minutes in - and I'm using the time to share this experience with as many people as I can. Worst. Company. Ever.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Absolutely horrible experience!! I read on this site about someone being a month late - 1 late payment on their car loan/lease which is what happened to me only because I was sure I was on auto-pay...Not like the previous entry who had a “good” experience and their lives moved forward without being compromised, I just got off the phone with Blanca /account executive (?) who has DECLINED to give a one-time goodwill late removal on my account. Chrysler proceeded to submit my one - late payment to all 3 credit bureaus, my FICO score has dropped over 45pts!!! And this is the very FIRST time ever I have had one late payment due to thinking I was on auto-pay!! Ever. I’ve had “exceptional” credit for over 45years.

I spoke with a Chrysler Capital agent on Sept 13 in regards to my policy about car rental in case I needed one when my car had an issue — at no point in time did the agent indicate I was late! Had not made a payment. Ever! Blanca’s response: "I’m sorry but the agent does not have to report to you that you’re late in payment." Ridiculous and unacceptable. I spoke with three supervisors at each credit bureau and a “goodwill removal” is practiced by ALL companies, including them!

Now I’m questioning why would the previous entry be entitled to one late payment without it being submitted to the credit bureaus?? And why was I not allotted the same courtesy?!!!? Time to take this matter to the next level... I have my ideas on what to do, anyone else care to share your views if you’ve experienced same/similar issues with this horrible company? Thanks.

Not sure about Chrysler Financial?

Find out if you qualify for Auto Loan refinancing, today!

Chrysler Financial Company Information