2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Chrysler Financial

Chrysler Financial
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.56/5

Chrysler has released six generations of minivans since 1984. Read more Chrysler reviews to learn about other models.

Chrysler Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

Original review: July 9, 2020

NO HELP! Terrible customer service. Not responding any complaints. Stay away from them. This company just makes money from YOU. I called a hundreds time for 4 months about my plates number. I took a car for leasing, pay my bills on time every month and can't draw my car. This company gives you headaches and unnecessary stress.

Original review: June 15, 2020

This is the third vehicle I've financed through Chrysler. I've always paid more than the minimum payment, always paid at least two weeks before the due date, no automatic drafts, and always paid the account off early. This past month I inadvertently clicked on the wrong account (I had two) and the draft was declined. When I realized my error I called Chrysler and was told no problem, the payment wasn't due yet anyway. This month when I went to make the payment my account was blocked and Chrysler wanted the payment by credit card only and wanted six payments in advance to open the account. I told them to screw themselves; paid the balance in full and closed the account myself. I won't do business with Chrysler again, ever!

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Updated on 05/21/2020: I posted earlier about the fact that no dealer would take my leased Pacifica and that now I'm garaging at my home for Chrysler. They finally answered when I just called. First, they threatened to hang up if I was recording the call! 2nd, they acknowledged now that the dealerships would NOT take lease van return. 3rd, they will have "options" call us to arrange to pick up the car but don't know when. 4th. they will not pay me to insure the car while I garage it for them BUT I must insure it as per the lease agreement.

Original Review: My lease was scheduled to be up so I had the van inspected a few months ago as required and it passed. I contacted dealers within about 50 mile radius. They all say that because of covid they have too many cars on their lots! They will only take the van if I buy a new one! Now as I garage the van for Chrysler at my home and insure it but not use it, they continue to bill me monthly but won't take it back!!!!

Original review: May 5, 2020

You have to waste near 30 minutes of your time trying to get ahold of someone just for them to have an automated response saying call Back at normal business hours. Well some people work your normal business hours so we get left in the dust. Also there’s no way to skip past the 10 minute long opening speech... and no option upfront to just talk to a person. I have to jump 6 different menus And even then it doesn't give you an option to speak with someone. I have to press 0# 57 times before it stops telling me it’s not a valid option and transfers me to another automated system where I have to press a bunch of stuff all over again until it gives me an option to speak with someone. Automated systems like this is what makes people with PTSD want to rage out. I'm not sure who you have that decides this stuff but they need to be fired and Hire me, I Guarantee if I ran this stuff your reviews and ratings will climb out of the gutter that they are in.

Original review: March 26, 2020

First they lost my title after I paid off my loan. Now when I call I just get transferred around to people who don't care. They will not send me my release of lien after requesting for over a month. The phone menu is broken and doesn't recognize my account number. I'm going to have to get a lawyer involved to get the title that I paid for.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I never had a late payment and usually paid extra on my car financed with Chrsyler Financial. My car was deemed a total loss due to a deer hit on February 4, 2020. My adjuster sent the letter of guarantee to Chrysler Financial and was told settlement breakdown did not need to be sent with it. The adjuster went on vacation and upon return was told she did need settlement breakdown as well as police report, etc.

After sending this information she waited for the return of the LOG and nothing was received. She continued to call Chrysler and by the time she rec'd the LOG the 10 day payoff had gone up...more money in Chrysler Financial's pocket. I had a payment coming due so in order to not have a blemish on my credit report I made my payment as scheduled, mind you I have not received my check from our insurance company because they have to settle with Chrysler before I get my check.

So at this point I have now put a down payment on a new car out of my pocket, paid a car payment on a car that I haven't had for a month and I already have a car payment coming due on the new car! FINALLY, March 11 I see the loan with Chrysler Financial is paid in full so I call and ask when I will receive my refund...the refund that was automatically swept from my bank account on February 28. I am told a debit card will be mailed to me on APRIL 14!

I immediately asked for a manager, this is BS, I have not done anything wrong, the first CSR that spoke with my adjuster gave out incorrect information, not my fault, I want my refund. I get a condescending witch of a lead for accounts and she tells me ALL insurance carriers know what needs to be sent on total losses...WRONG thing to say, I am an adjuster and every lienholder is different. At this point she states they did nothing wrong and they will not expedite my refund, so there is nothing else she can do for me. So...in short, if you owe them money, pay up immediately. If they owe you money, you'll get it when they are damn good and ready. Wish I would have paid higher interest and gone elsewhere!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

In my experience, this was a horrible company to interact with. They repossessed the vehicle after two missed payments and denied any reinstatement. I never received a letter or an email regarding the status of the account and intent to repossess. I had to call 5 times to find out the status of the vehicle and confirm it was repossessed. It took 3 days to request a reinstatement that was denied initially then escalated for extensive review and denied again after experiencing a short-term hardship.

It has also taken 3 days just to get further information on retrieving my personal items and set an appointment 4 days out. Requesting I call one company who they claimed had the vehicle information and whereabouts. This company only supplied with the name and phone number of the towing company where their automated line tells me I have to schedule the appointment online. Once completing this process I get a text message from them indicating that the message is not a confirmation and that I must wait for someone to reach out to me. This is one of the worst customer experiences I have ever had.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

This is the WORST place to get financed from. I ran into having to have surgery and wanted to see if I could defer my car payment for one month to the end of my lease. Ford Credit who I had before would always work with you if you needed any help. These people don’t give a crap about you or willing to help. All they say is, "Sorry that happened to you but we can’t help!" After this car I will NEVER have a car financed through this plaCe. I suggest if you are getting a car make sure they try every other place instead of this place to get financed from, and if they can’t do any other place find a new car with a new company.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

They won't accept payments and make you wait on hold for hours at a time when trying to resolve. The worst loan experience I have ever encountered. Please do not make the same mistake I made by using this company for any type of service.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

This must be by far the most outdated and unprofessional financial institution on the planet! Very rude customer service representative, they have that underlying, lecturing and belittling attitude, like you are some criminal or bum because you have a loan with them. Their website which is so incredibly outdated that it does not work properly and if you call to complain about it they will not help (they can't anyway because they have no clue how) but start to act like it is your fault they have been unsuccessful constructing a user friendly website. The whole self respecting financial world is using online banking but they still force you to send them a payment through MoneyGram or WesternUnion because their system won't allow any changes in repetitive payment. Very amateuristic and a no-go ever again!!!!

Chrysler Financial Company Information