2.58/5
Based on 24 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

24 Chrysler Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 29, 2018

My car caught fire due to a recall on the electrical system ignition. It caused the car to stall leading to the fire. Chrysler denies any responsibility although it is all over the internet. I could have been killed and I notice people complaining about a similar issue not realizing the risk. Something needs to be done.

Original review: May 2, 2018

The 1992 Chrysler New Yorker Salon is best car I've ever owned, and it only cost me $900. Insurance is cheap at $600 per year, and I get 30 mpg in town, 35 mpg on the highway. Back seat is like a curved living room couch, very comfortable.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Vehicle (Chrysler 300) purchased 04/2013. Since the purchase of the vehicle I have had number of electrical and other issues with vehicle. Had a number of oil changes done @ Hoover Automotive, but on 108/12/17 found out that they neglected to add power steering fluid to the car. The Uconnect system had to be replaced on 10/29/2016. A number of fuses had to be replaced when car was initially purchased. Then on 07/22/2017 I had the fuel neck hose replaced. Gas was pouring out of the car at the gas station. Also at that time they found a Bad Humidity sensor that I replaced. Lastly on 03/02/2018 Representative noticed that engine light was on. Had to replace P0520 oil sender unit. Chrysler is aware of all of the repairs and refuses to reimburse for the most the issues. Last conversation was today with Patricia then Chris **.

Original review: April 29, 2018

We loved this 2013 Chrysler 200 until the transmission failed in 2018, when the car was less than 5 years old. When looked up information we found that Chrysler has had lots of people with this exact same problem. We felt there should be some sort of recall or other compensation, but did not receive anything. The transmission seized and there was no indication from the onboard computer until it was too late. The car needed a total transmission replacement for $2500. Will not buy another Chrysler.

Original review: April 28, 2018

2016 Chrysler 200S model purchased new with 24 miles on 3-11-16. I just rolled 50,000 miles. All miles were pleasure miles. I average 28-32 MPG with mostly hwy (2) lane driving in the Mark Twain National Fores (Ozarks). Still have original tires. It handles like a dream and it’s loaded with extras.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

Original review: April 27, 2018

I was a past owner of LeBaron & (changed to) Sebring (both convertibles), this time decided to go with a Sedan in that class which is now Chrysler 200. Really enjoying this car.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I've had this Chrysler car about 10 yrs. & it is still a dependable car. I am handicapped & had a lift installed for my scooter. I am able to go about anywhere I desire. The front seat moves all kind of ways to make sure the driver is comfortable. I'm thankful for this car and have no complaints.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I bought a used Chrysler Aspen after a boy texting and driving ran a red light and T boned and totaled my Tahoe. I love the look of the Aspen both inside and out! It drives like a dream! It is a 2008 model I bought 4 years ago with 50,000 miles on it. It now has 81,000 miles on it. I have just changed oil on it, no repairs! My HUGE regret is that it is no longer in production!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

The dealership prices for everything from oil changes to tires to tops is outrageous. But I've never had problems with this car, Crossfire LTD convert 2007. Bought it from dealer with less than 5k miles. Very dependable with Mercedes-Benz engine and parts. It now has 76k miles, is my primary car, I get regular oil changes, change tires more than on any other sports car I've ever had!! Follow regular changing suggestions. Got new top this year as rear window popped out while driving. And have had 1 accident which damaged front end, and am #105 on waiting list for front grill!! Otherwise, one of best cars I've ever had!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I reside 45 minutes from the Fiat warranty repair site. I had a clip go out on a trunk cover, which Waynesville Fiat ordered for me to be able to have the clip installed at the Marion NC Chrysler location (which is 20 minutes from me). No one ever called me when the part came in at Marion NC Chrysler, and when I went there to have the clip installed they refused to install it as it's a warranty part, and since they were charged for the part by Waynesville Fiat ordering it for me, they could not give me the part to take to Waynesville NC Fiat either, nor would they give it to me for free, nor did they offer to mail it to Waynesville Fiat for me so I could have the warranty work done on the next oil change. The Marion NC office parts guy was kind and calm, but the service adviser was short with me and said I could call Waynesville Fiat myself.

The dealership was closed when the Marion office was open so I could not call them that day. I contacted Fiat consumer service various times and nothing has been done about the issue, other than callers from Fiat have called me twice (two separate people two separate times) and left voicemails with no return telephone # provided so I could not return the calls back to the individuals myself. I have dates of my activities and theirs if needed. I have also told them that I have a front windshield that appears odd around the mirror area, to which no one has said a word about trying to assist me with this either. Today, 1-3-2018 I called for my third attempt to speak with Fiat (at 1-888-242-6342) and immediately when I started talking, I was hung up on. I then called back and spoke with another customer service rep who listened, but here is the help or lack of help I received again today:

She stated that she sees there is an existing case open on my complaint and gave me the case # as: #**. She said there is a Jolie listed who is working on this case, but she could not locate how to contact her. Then said she that there is a Jason who called me and his telephone # is: 1-800-9009. I asked her what the missing #'s were and she said, "I don't know as he works up north and I work in Florida." I replied with, "So we know Jason has worked on my case, but don't know how to reach him? For real? You don't know how to reach him either?" She said "All I see is that he works in the Chatham location." I said "So we don't know where Chatham is at? In Georgia? Or any other specific state?" She said "No. I'm sorry, but I don't know more." Then she followed with, "Wait… I see a Kenneth in Chatham that has worked on this case as well. His # is: 1-888-242-6342, and I think this # is his extension: **."

She then asked if there is anything else she could do for me and I was shocked as she was expecting me to try to call back again instead of her contacting him for me with me on the line already. I then attempted to call the # which I learned was the same # I had contacted her on, and there I found there was no way of plugging in this extension she provided me. I started this original contact on 12-02-2017 and to this day I still don't have any resolution nor a way to get this resolved via Fiat customer service. I will be documenting all my e-mails and call info in a Word document so that when I finally hear from someone I can provide more details that this to whomever wants to see how disrespectful this company is to its customers after a sale. If my VIN is needed I will gladly provide it once I am contacted.

I would like to see this company who is owned by also an American company "Chrysler" act like they know what good customer service is all about. So far everyone has dropped the ball. Also today I was reading two different articles online about automobile customer service and it appears Fiat and Jeep are at the bottom and Chrysler is nearly at the bottom too... Am I surprised? No, not at all. I need resolution to this clip to my truck that someone needs to order for me under my warranty for installation, and also this window looked into, and as much as I hate to say it I believe that this will require more on my effort than it will require of them and I think that that is terribly disrespectfully of a paying customer.

I am hoping you all can assist me in getting someone to be responsible for resolving all my issues including the fact that I have worked harder at this resolution than Fiat/Chrysler has combined. In closing, other than the customer service, I have loved my car and hate the fact that I would have wanted to purchase another Fiat, but with all the disrespect and non-caring attitudes and ways of this company it would be foolish of me to buy another car from them. I am hoping this review will help others to know what they are getting into, and hopefully someone at ConsumerAffairs will assist me in getting these issues resolved with Fiat once and for all.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Bought a 2015 Jeep from Londonderry Chrysler in Edmonton, AB. I hung up the one set of keys and they were rarely used. Starting using the new set, as the other set went into hiding in my house. I started using the new set in May of 2017. About July of 2017, I started noticing there was issues with the vehicle starting. It would hesitate, start, and then shut down all within about 15 seconds. One night, it wouldnt start. I made an appointment with the dealership in Stony plain as it was about 15 km away, whereas Londonderry was about 60km away. I left the jeep, and both sets of keys, and they determined that they had to be flashed and they couldnt duplicate the problem.

I showed up there after work, and there was no charge. Went out to the jeep, and the same problem occurred. I went back in, and the shop foreman came out and determined it was the key. But they would have to test it. I left the key there, and they were to test it. I called them a month later, and they hadn't done anything, called FCA and all I got was a waste of 45 minutes, and was told because it was outside of warranty, and because I didn't contact them, (even though the dealer never contacted me), there was nothing they could do. There was nothing on the file, that they were told to test the key. I also question the validity of the workmanship, that they couldn't duplicate the problem. Just very disgusted with the level of service, concern, and that my time is not of any importance to these people. I will not ever purchase another Chrysler or its affiliates product again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

We got a brand new Cherokee Sport 2017 on Aug.10th, 2017. Within 24 hours we noticed the driver's doors was not locking. Went to dealership and now one month later after 8th time going back and forth and replacing new parts on a New CAR, the dealership/mechanics fixed one problem and another appeared. Today we were to pick it up again. ALL fixed they said and it is now back to square one with the same problem that the door wont lock.

Sent a complaint letter to Chrysler, that this car is clearly faulty. But they will not refund or do anything. No customer service whatsoever! We paid in full for the car to the dealership. We had to leave the car at the mechanic on August 30th. Today is September 11th and we still dont have our car! We purchased a brand new car and we had it hardly at home. Is this normal that Chrysler does not take responsibility for their faulty cars and basically sold us a lemon and now we have no car, no compensation for our stress, time from our work and family going back and forth?

The customer service lady at Chrysler said that "your car is now fixed". How horrible that even sounds. That a brand new Chrysler car we had less than a day is now fixed? Chrysler is telling us to go to the dealership, dealership is telling us to go to Chrysler and discuss a refund. They are just passing the buck and us consumers are paying for it! What kind of dishonest business is this to scam families of their hard earn money and now we still dont have our new car we purchased for a peace of mind and a safety of our family!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

We have owned Chrylser Town and Country's since the early 80’s. They have been very reliable vehicles. Have had no major issues with any of them. We purchased four of them brand new. But also followed the maintenance guidelines. They are comfortable, quiet, and roomy. Has the most room inside of any of the mini vans. When the seats are removed or stashed, you can fit a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood in the back. Average gas mileage 22-24 mpg. Love these vehicles.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I purchased a 2011 Ram 1500 with a 5.7 Hemi engine new. I have had no problems with this vehicle until 2 weeks ago. The engine light came on and there was some engine noise. I took the vehicle to a local mechanic and then to the dealership. The engine has a problem with powered valves that come apart and ruins the engine. The dealership stated that this happens in a small percentage of these engines and I would need a new engine at a cost of $8,200! This engine had 125,000 miles on it and is no longer under warranty.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Town and Country - I had to replace transmission at 85,000 miles but the warranty on the motor and transmission would not cover it so I was left having to put it in on my own money.

Original review: June 19, 2017

I purchased a 2014 RAM 5500 Diesel 4x4 Dump Truck new in April of 2015. On May 30, 2017 the alternator started on fire and caused $6,000 in damages. Chrysler FCA refused to help me as the warranty was 36,000 miles and my truck had just over 37,000 miles. I believe that since Chrysler recalled hundreds of thousands of Denso International Alternators in their vehicles due to a fire safety hazard that mine should be recalled too since it STARTED ON FIRE due to no fault of my own. They had a Mr. ** from their special investigator unit write a letter saying the warranty was up. That was it. Then he called when we complained and he was rude and belligerent. Even attacking the fact that this same vehicle was in a service station with problems within a couple of months of purchase previously. He was sarcastic and he lied, when caught in a lie he'd react by mocking and when asked for clarification he said he didn't have to repeat anything.

I have written to Sergio.Marchionne@chrysler.com, the CEO of Chrysler for help with no response. Was finally given a Mayone ** who said she would help but did nothing and then went on vacation. This vehicle is my main source of revenue for my sole proprietorship business and this is my busy season. The truck is still in the service center and still not repaired. I want Chrysler to pay for the damages. My insurance company said that since the alternator was defective and Chrysler should have known with all the previous recalls that it was defective that they won't cover it.

Original review: April 29, 2017

Car has been an absolute nightmare. For the last 2 years this vehicle has had some type of problem with it, the suspension being by far the worst. Ever since buying the vehicle 3 years ago, it's probably spend very close to 6 months where it can't be driven. The suspension problems are so bad. Even after replacing multiple parts of the suspension, within 2 weeks of fixing them some other piece goes out. It's a never ending flow of problems. When I spoke to Jeep though they refuse to admit anything is wrong with the vehicles, even with many people reporting the same problems. I will never even come close to even just dreaming about owning any Chrysler relayed vehicle again.

I've seen cars 10 years older that are far more reliable than this one. I very strongly would encourage anyone reading this never to touch one of these cars. Unfortunately the problems are very widespread with their vehicles and they pick up far more complaints than other car companies with similar vehicles. Please, beware because they truly do not care how poor quality their vehicles are as long as they are being sold.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

Well hey here is another one for you all. I got my PT around 6 mo ago for a wedding gift. Hey they could have kept that one. Man this car have put me through so much in just the last couple (mo). I have put a new water pump, radiator, thermostat and more. And guess what. The heat still don't work and it's 12/31/2016. So yes. It's cold out and just yesterday the thing stop starting up for what I don't know. So I go get a new battery and spark plug for it yesterday and that still didn't work. So I couldn't make it to work. So now I don't have a job. Wow. THANKS Chrysler. What a happy new year. Oh and I forgot say that because of the PT I was late for my wedding cause of this car.

I really feel like Chrysler owe me. This car has put me through so much hell I don't even want another car and I know other people that have a PT and going through the same. So I know they know that this car needs to be recalled. We don't have money like they do and this car has put me so far in the hold. I don't know what to even say and then like everyone has been saying it's not like they make the car to where it can be work on easy. So now I'm out of a car, out of money and out of a job all because of a PT CRUISER. Well to my new found family you all have a good new year and let's go to foreign cars (LOL). Be safe everyone.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I have a 2006 Dodge 2500 Ram. I was driving to the store when I smelled smoke coming from under my seat and the cab filled up with smoke. I pulled over and got my two grandkids out of the truck and flagged someone down a man throw water on it and got the fire out. Chrysler sent out a recall person to check it out and I received a letter stating their investigation concluded it wasn't their fault. I tried to call and find out how they came up with the reason an original part would catch on fire but got no call back from them. I am not happy that this is how they conduct their business. Very scary. Me and my grandkids could have burned up in my truck.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I purchased a new 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Limited 75th Anniversary Edition with only 37 miles September 30, 2016. It was manufactured in July 2016. A few weeks ago while driving under normal dry smooth pavement conditions, the warning beep came on and then "Service Electronic Stability Control" light appeared on the instrument panel. I thought maybe it was just a bad connection so I made an appointment to have it looked at. The ESP module was replaced and I picked it up. The light came back on again. The technician found a loose connection and fixed it. Long story short. After the third time returning it for the same reason I went to pick it up again today. I drove it less than five miles from the dealership and it happened again. This will be the 4th and last time I will return the vehicle. It's currently at the dealership and there it will stay. I don't want it back. I don't trust its stability and it's a serious safety issue.

Under certain inclement conditions, the Jeep's stability could lose control causing it to overturn or crash. Under my state’s "Lemon Law" it meets all of the requirements. I will be requesting a refund for my purchase. I'm so upset and heartbroken over it. We had to cancel a trip to the for fear of our safety in this unreliable vehicle and of course the fact it was in shop when we planned to leave town. Not to mention, the inconvenience of driving to the dealership four times with a 60 mile radius round trips.

The service manager and dealership have been amazing and have tried everything possible to remedy the situation to no avail. It's just not going to be repaired at this point. I will update once I know what direction this situation takes. I was warned by several friends and family not to purchase any Chrysler product, especially a Jeep based on its reputation after being purchased by Fiat. I did it anyway and I have no one to blame but myself. BUYER PLEASE BEWARE!!! If you purchase a FCA product you may regret it... I don't have the service receipts in front of me to upload but I've uploaded pictures.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

From the very first day we drove it off the dealer's lot, then back seconds later all we did was make a U turn back to the dealer with a transmission problem. The vehicle was in "D" for Drive however the transmission was like still stuck in 1st gear. Dealer said "sorry you will have to make appointment." We said "what?" Since then 5 recalls over 100 TSB's and numerous other problems. And to top it all off all these defects still exist. You may be asking why live with a lemon. Well we did everything by the book, even contacted lemon attorneys, and all said same thing. Chrysler is the worse to deal with.

We purchased a new 2010 Chrysler Town and country Touring plus v6 and traded in 2 vehicles because it was the economically thing to do and we would be saving money, well that also backfired thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars of my own time fixing a lemon. Thank God I went to school to be a ASE technician however I was not able to finish still I at least had the knowledge that one day it would help me and it did. From transmission gear shifting problems to head gaskets and intake gaskets to oil consumption to electrical problems. Also I will mention a very bad design where the exhaust pipe is so close to the cooling system fittings they rupture many design flaws simply put a LEMON. Just for those saying well I would have never dealt with that. We had no choice at the time in a chapter 13 so the rules are very strict. You cannot have any debt. I hope I helped you not choose Chrysler.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

This is my second one. I have 145,000 miles on it and have only done regular maintenance. Kept this one and just purchased a second one in April. Driving back and forth to Fl., NY, Johnson City TN several times a year, I have to depend on my car. I always use synthetic oil and am faithful about oil changes. I had to replace the tires naturally, had a break job, and occasionally added freon to the AC. I kept the older car for local driving now. In April I purchased a 2015 300S Touring Model from CarMax with 3200 miles. Love it except it has no CD player. Really stupid idea on Chrysler's part not to install them in 2015 cars. Otherwise I love everything about it. All the bells and whistles.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I have a Town and Country van. I like the that the seats fold into car. It has been very reliable, starts every time I turn the key. I have hauled wood, moved homes.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I purchased a 2016 Jeep Wrangler in April 2016. I have had nothing but problems. I noticed rusting on the frame. I took it into the dealership and Jeep refused to pay for warranty work since it wasn't on the actual body. The carpet is pulling away from center console, leaking water. I would never recommend buying a Jeep/ Chrysler. Poor customer service.

Chrysler Company Information