2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.25/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chrysler is an American auto maker that specializes in making cars and minivans. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Chrysler Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

It is a bit on the higher priced end, but everything looks and feels like it is higher quality. Only thing I wish was that it mimicked my iPhone screen on the display like Chevy does. Otherwise it does sync with my phone well for the hands free option. Love the DVD player for the kids. Plenty of storage and can’t live without the stow and go seats.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

This old workhouse is the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I don't know if they still make vehicles that stand the test of time, this one certainly has. Maintenance costs have been low, replacement parts have been readily available at a reasonable price, and I enjoy driving this now as much as I did when we first got it.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

2005 Jeep purchased used. Almost no problems. I bought this vehicle used with 60,000 about 10 years ago. The only unusual repair if you can call it that was the radiator. It now has 135,000 and runs like a charm. The only rust is on the fenders with a little o the back. The soft top has never leaked.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I purchased a 2006 Town and Country Limited in 2009 w/ 32,000 miles with maint. records. Today it has 145,250 miles and is as solid as the day I bought it. My only expenses is 2 batteries, 8 tires, oil changes and fluid checks every 3,000 miles, 2 tire sensors and I was told if well maintained could easily run 250,000 miles. We just moved back from Florida so at my age of 83 I should have 4 wheel drive. So we went shopping for a 4 wheel drive Town and Country and found out they don't exist. So we purchased a 2017 Subaru Outback 4 wheel with 25,000 miles and couldn't believe how roomy and road quiet they are and the 3.6 engine has a lot of snap. Just so you know if Town and Country made a 4 wheel drive van I would own it.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Never have I had as many issues with a vehicle as I have had with my Chrysler 200. As I sit here stranded on the side of the road I want to warn consumers. You get what you pay for. There is a reason why Chryslers are priced lower than Toyotas, Fords, etc... The savings are not worth being stranded 6 times a year. This car is 3 years old and has already had brake failures, starter failures, transmission issues, air bag sensor failures, etc. If you buy a Chrysler you just have to accept that the car will only last the length of the warranty and then it will be time to buy another car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I leased a 2019 Jeep Cherokee. The car has failed to start 5 times now and had to be towed. Each time I get a different explanation from First Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealership. After the 4th time, I submitted my paperwork for the lemon law. It was denied because they claim the car is fixed. Last week the car failed to start for the 5th time. After 6 days at First, I was told they tested the battery and it failed. They replaced the battery now. The car has been in the shop for a total of 35 days since delivery. I’ve asked to have the lease broken because I shouldn’t be paying for a brand new car that continues to break down. I’m afraid to take the car out of town and getting stranded. Chrysler is not doing much but apologizing. How does that help me? I will never buy a Chrysler product again. Beware. They do not stand behind their cars.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Over a period of several years under warranty, Chrysler has been unable to localize and correct intermittent transmission lockups that render my 2016 Chrysler 300 platinum temporarily useless. Since they cannot repeat the problem in their shops, they contend that they have no responsibility to repair the transmission, and have blown me and my defective Chrysler 300 off.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

They installed a 9-Speed FWD Automatic Transmission in the 2017 Pacifica. And it has been nothing but problems that Chrysler either refuses or can't fix. My car has been to Outten Chrysler in PA 4 times for the same transmission issues. They even claimed to have given me a new transmission. But I think this is a lie. I am going to have the vin # checked on the so called new garbage transmission. Outten Chrysler even seems like they would rather avoid me than to fix the problem. Doing some useless computer update (3 times already) that fails every time. I am not the only one. There are many complaints like mine for the same van and same issue. RIP-OFF. Stay away from Chrysler.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Jeep is garbage. Do not waste your money. The service depts at Tate and Criswell, Chrysler, and Chrysler area managers don't give a crap that you are in a dangerous vehicle that does not accelerate 100% of the time when you step on the gas or that it accelerates on it's own when you take your foot off the gas!!! Not to mention it stalls at random times. No it's not due to low oil which this jeep is known to do! It shuts off while people are driving on the highway!!!! Really??? Jeep needs to recall this vehicle!!!!

They can't duplicate my concerns in their 20-30 minute test drive so they say nothing is wrong and I am stuck with a dangerous vehicle! No codes can tell them what's wrong but that is not surprising because my electronic system is not working properly and they can't fix that either. No code was thrown but they had to rebuild a 2 week old jeep engine!!! Stay away!!!! Your life will depend on it!!!!!

My case is not unique! They know about this. Others experience the same issues and are stuck driving unsafe Jeeps!!!​ 1 year am in a scary vehicle. At 6 months I am told to trade in Jeep! Really?! That's what I get? I was on the phone with the Tate svc dept the other day when my Jeep accelerated on its own. I screamed because I almost lost control of my Jeep and that is not proof enough to believe the Jeep has a problem?! It's been in the shop a good 1 1/2 - 2 months in year for the same issues!? Come on!!!

The Chrysler area manager told me in December 2018 they will replace my car or give me my money back if they can't fix the car. Loophole!!! If they can't duplicate it, they can't fix it!!! Wth!!! He also told me he didn't want me in the Jeep in December because it was unsafe that it did not accelerate 100% of the times. I reminded him of this (Conrad **) a few months ago. He asked me if I had it recorded and now he denies it!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Our car has safety issues with electrical failing and the airbags and brakes are not available. The car shifted into neutral while driving and they claim the car is safe. This company does not care about customers lives. They cannot figure out the issue so I guess it must mean the car is safe.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Chrysler Company Information