3.25/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chrysler

Chrysler is an American auto maker that specializes in making cars and minivans. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chrysler Reviews

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

2005 Jeep purchased used. Almost no problems. I bought this vehicle used with 60,000 about 10 years ago. The only unusual repair if you can call it that was the radiator. It now has 135,000 and runs like a charm. The only rust is on the fenders with a little o the back. The soft top has never leaked.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Over a period of several years under warranty, Chrysler has been unable to localize and correct intermittent transmission lockups that render my 2016 Chrysler 300 platinum temporarily useless. Since they cannot repeat the problem in their shops, they contend that they have no responsibility to repair the transmission, and have blown me and my defective Chrysler 300 off.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

They installed a 9-Speed FWD Automatic Transmission in the 2017 Pacifica. And it has been nothing but problems that Chrysler either refuses or can't fix. My car has been to Outten Chrysler in PA 4 times for the same transmission issues. They even claimed to have given me a new transmission. But I think this is a lie. I am going to have the vin # checked on the so called new garbage transmission. Outten Chrysler even seems like they would rather avoid me than to fix the problem. Doing some useless computer update (3 times already) that fails every time. I am not the only one. There are many complaints like mine for the same van and same issue. RIP-OFF. Stay away from Chrysler.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Jeep is garbage. Do not waste your money. The service depts at Tate and Criswell, Chrysler, and Chrysler area managers don't give a crap that you are in a dangerous vehicle that does not accelerate 100% of the time when you step on the gas or that it accelerates on it's own when you take your foot off the gas!!! Not to mention it stalls at random times. No it's not due to low oil which this jeep is known to do! It shuts off while people are driving on the highway!!!! Really??? Jeep needs to recall this vehicle!!!!

They can't duplicate my concerns in their 20-30 minute test drive so they say nothing is wrong and I am stuck with a dangerous vehicle! No codes can tell them what's wrong but that is not surprising because my electronic system is not working properly and they can't fix that either. No code was thrown but they had to rebuild a 2 week old jeep engine!!! Stay away!!!! Your life will depend on it!!!!!

My case is not unique! They know about this. Others experience the same issues and are stuck driving unsafe Jeeps!!!​ 1 year am in a scary vehicle. At 6 months I am told to trade in Jeep! Really?! That's what I get? I was on the phone with the Tate svc dept the other day when my Jeep accelerated on its own. I screamed because I almost lost control of my Jeep and that is not proof enough to believe the Jeep has a problem?! It's been in the shop a good 1 1/2 - 2 months in year for the same issues!? Come on!!!

The Chrysler area manager told me in December 2018 they will replace my car or give me my money back if they can't fix the car. Loophole!!! If they can't duplicate it, they can't fix it!!! Wth!!! He also told me he didn't want me in the Jeep in December because it was unsafe that it did not accelerate 100% of the times. I reminded him of this (Conrad **) a few months ago. He asked me if I had it recorded and now he denies it!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Our car has safety issues with electrical failing and the airbags and brakes are not available. The car shifted into neutral while driving and they claim the car is safe. This company does not care about customers lives. They cannot figure out the issue so I guess it must mean the car is safe.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I have had nothing but issues with my 2013 Chrysler 200 since I bought it brand new off the lot. Started having issues with the brakes within the first month. Took it to the dealer multiple times for inspection. Was always told nothing going on. Just clean them. Turns out the brake pads from the factory were defective. I also kept having issue with a tire deflating frequently. Took it in multiple times to be looked at and was told nothing is wrong. After having the tire replaced it turns out the wheel from the factory was also defective and wasn't letting the tire get a proper seal.

I have had two sets of the active assist headrests malfunctioning. First time the one headset didn't deploy in an accident. The second time a headset deployed for absolutely no reason and injured my wife. FCA fixed the headrests and then told me since I didn't take legal action they would be more than happy to help with any issue the car had in the future. I was stupid for believing that. I have had 2 sets of faulty struts. First set from factory was defective and second set gave out within 10k miles along with the mounts. So 3 sets of struts and 2 sets of mounts within 60k miles. Car only has 63k miles total.

Had to replace the Throttle body within 30k miles because the sensor went out. Normally you could just replace the sensor at around $60 but FCA encapsulated the sensor inside the TBI so that the whole mechanism has to be replaced which cost over $500 because at the time you could only get the part through the dealer and not on the open market.

Recently, after having an issue with the recent strut replacement. I took the car back to have the dealer look over the struts because they were making noise to just double check they were defective or installed improperly. Dealer drove the car around the lot for 1 min called it good, never put the car on the lift and never did a visual or physical inspection. Then turned around and told my FCA Case Manager a whole different story. Case Manager chose to believe the liars over the customer. Issues escalated to the Head of Case Management. The guy I dealt with was very unprofessional and even did some illegal things.

1st off if a call is going to be recorded the company has to disclose it before the conversation is started. That why you always get the automated message "call will be recorded for quality assurance and training." They are required by law to do so. Well the gentleman never disclosed that the call was being recorded until the end of the conversation. Then the gentleman threatened to file a Defamation Lawsuit against me if I used his name or other employee's name in my review of my personal experience with him and FCA.

FCA's solution was to have a low level customer service employee call and apologize for what upper management did. What kind of half hazard way of dealing with such a serious situation. Told them I wanted to talk to the Gentleman's superior not an empty apology from a CS Rep. I got one call from the guys superior and that was it. Though she documented that she called 3 times. Well my phone log on my phone shows one call on 8/13 and that is it. Checked with the phone company and they had the same info I did. So the lady falsified information in my record stating she contacted multiple times. Another rep documented that I replaced my own struts instead of the dealership so they were trying to nullify the warranty on my struts.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

DO NOT BUY A JEEP. My husband and I purchased a brand new, 2018 Jeep Compass back in November of 2018. It is now October of 2019 and we haven't seen our vehicle in four months. It has been in the shop since July, awaiting a new instrument cluster. The dealership we purchased through, AutoNation Jeep Broadway here in Denver, Colorado, has contacted us about once a month to give us new ETAs on the part, but apparently they have all been made up because Chrysler has told us that there isn't a part available in the United States.

We have reached out to Chrysler for a buy back, because obviously we don't want to have an unreliable vehicle OR deal with deceitful dealerships, but they refuse to work with us whatsoever. The most they are willing to do is help us trade our current Jeep in for a new one at their dealership, which is going to leave us with negative equity and a hit on our credit. This would obviously be a horrible resolution for us, especially because this is Jeep/Chrysler's fault. I had also purchased a brand new, 2016 Jeep a couple of years ago and the transmission went out in a year in that one. I thought it was just a fluke and that they deserved another chance, but I know differently now. Save yourself the stress and frustration of dealing with such a poorly run company. They truly don't care about their customers after their sales have been made.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I purchased a 2006 Town and Country Limited in 2009 w/ 32,000 miles with maint. records. Today it has 145,250 miles and is as solid as the day I bought it. My only expenses is 2 batteries, 8 tires, oil changes and fluid checks every 3,000 miles, 2 tire sensors and I was told if well maintained could easily run 250,000 miles. We just moved back from Florida so at my age of 83 I should have 4 wheel drive. So we went shopping for a 4 wheel drive Town and Country and found out they don't exist. So we purchased a 2017 Subaru Outback 4 wheel with 25,000 miles and couldn't believe how roomy and road quiet they are and the 3.6 engine has a lot of snap. Just so you know if Town and Country made a 4 wheel drive van I would own it.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I have been waiting for a car part for my car for 3 weeks now. I talk to someone online on Friday from Chrysler, who told me that she couldn't find any information my car part. She told me she was going to assign my problem to case manager. Today is Wednesday and I haven't heard anything. So I called them instead, the lady on the phone just told me the same crap, "I will I assign a case manager to your problem about your part." I told her wasn't I suppose to have one already, she told me no. I ask to speak to a manager, she then tells me that the manager has to call me back in 1 business day. What kind of crap is that. The worse service ever. I will never buy another Chrysler or Fiat ever.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I would rate this a zero if I could. I have a recall on my Dodge Dart for the shift latch cable. I made an appointment to get my car fixed but will not be scheduled until next week. I was not given a rental, so I will also have to pay for a rental and I will not be reimburse. This is ridiculous.

Chrysler Company Information