Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
2.82/5

Chrysler

Chrysler is an American auto maker that specializes in making cars and minivans. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

44 Chrysler Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 16, 2019

We purchased 2015 Chrysler 200 in 2017. The car currently has only apprx 40,000. Like new. We are having issues where the car keeps cutting off while driving & the air bag light is on with issues. There are recalls for both of these very dangerous issues. I was told my car is NOT a part of the recalls. Bull. I don’t care. What came up in Chrysler’s computer, these are recall issues & me being without the car for over 2 weeks now is unacceptable. I would not recommend this vehicle of brand to anyone. I should not have to pay for an issue that has recalls but someway my vehicle missed. I am VERY upset & disappointed.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Called up support for my 2014 Dodge Dart Aero. Fourth time it's needed repairs since July 2018. Perfect maintenance, less than 40k miles, bought brand new. Bumper to bumper was expired, only had powertrain. Still having issues similar to something I felt in October of 2018 that they were supposed to have fixed. I paid for that out of pocket because again, powertrain only.

The wait time for just a diagnosis was almost two weeks minimum, which is time I cannot just leave my car at the dealer. Yes, the dealer is independently owned and operated and subject to their own guidelines, doesn't change the fact that it's Chrysler's product. I got a diagnosis at an independent shop within minutes. Without even telling them about the previous repair, the spark plugs, they informed me those were already bad, among a valve leak that also should have been caught at the dealer, as he could tell based on build up it had been there for some time.

With that information, I called Dodge support and gave them the information I had. I asked if there was any way I could use the independent shop, as I needed to go out of town soon and could not afford to let it sit at a dealer for almost two weeks (or more even) and I was told to take it to the independent place for repairs, then to call back and open a case for reimbursement with the itemized receipt of what was worked on. I was extremely up front that this was not the dealer, and what my warranty situation was. They informed me this was ok.

I called today to inform Chrysler the repair was done and I was ready to open the case only to be told I had not done the right thing and that they couldn't help me. Even after apologizing to me for them giving me bad information, I'm out over $700 because of bad instructions. I have records of the call from yesterday morning that they claim to not have records of, as they claim the associate I spoke to did not have any logs or notes written down. They would not check any logs whatsoever to even confirm that I called, or try to pull up a recording of the call itself. I've got transcripts that show this. Will never, ever buy from Chrysler again. Every single step of the way they have been nothing but trouble, from the vehicle to the company.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2019

My 2012 Chrysler 200 caught on fire and Chrysler won't take responsibility for the vehicle that randomly caught on fire. I will never buy Chrysler and highly recommend consumers to not purchase their brand (Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep). They've all had issues with vehicles catching fire. I suffered 2nd degree burns and my house could have been burnt down as well, but all Chrysler could say was they are so sorry about the incident. How about taking fault for a faulty vehicle.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Our 2016 Chrysler 200 was giving problems. We made an appointment and was told to bring it in on Thursday. When we brought it in we were told the car would be looked at later in the day and be ready by Friday. When we picked up the car it was doing the same thing. We made another appointment with the service department and was told to bring the car back again on Thursday.

When I called on Friday a rep told me that the car has not been looked at even though they had the car one full day. Then while on the phone with her my fiancé got a call saying the car needed a tune up and it was $950. Which was funny because the lady still on the phone said the car wasn’t looked at. No receipt stating what they fixed the first time and couldn’t get a receipt until I paid $200 for a diagnostic fee. You're better off buying the parts which are way cheaper and taking it to your local mechanic to fix. These guys are rude and unprofessional. Especially the service manager.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I bought a brand new 2019 Ram 1500 in October of 2018 and in December of 2018 my truck was involved in a serious accident. I was originally told it would be a month to fix however Ram cannot provide parts for the truck. They say it's on back order and no end in sight to when the part will be in maybe April. Ram is now saying it's not their fault because they do not make the part. It is a third party. At this point I am being told, "Oh well wait". I use my truck for business and I feel have been very patient in waiting for help or an out of the box resolution. No one will help and as a consumer feel helpless!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Recently my 2013 Ram came out of gear while in park causing damage to the vehicle. I later found out this was from a recall. I contacted Chrysler who stated it sounded like it was due to recall T79. They stated not to fix the vehicle until Chrysler could inspect it. I voiced my concerns about waiting to fix the recall since it was the only means of transportation and they still advised not to fix it and the dealership went along with Chrysler both refusing to fix the vehicle until they could investigate. It was just under a month when they finally checked the truck. The investigator spent 4 hours with the truck and said, "Do not fix the recall until you hear from Chrysler."

When I called Chrysler they stated my case was being handled by special investigations. I asked who was assigned to my case and they gave a first name only claiming they have no contact information for the department. After several days and phone calls to customer service I finally got an email address for Chrysler investigations group. I sent the email only to receive a sarcastic reply from a nameless employee the email was signed Special Investigations FCA US LLC. After all that time and them putting us at risk of another accident by refusing to fix the recall they stated they do not feel it’s due to the recall based on the report. I requested a copy of the report and they replied it is proprietary and confidential and they refuse to provide me a copy however are closing the case based on it.

I have no way to get past customer service since they claim they don't know the name of their supervisor. This leaves me having to pay the damage for their negligence. Chrysler was fined in 2015 for the way they handle recalls but clearly did not learn anything from it. I also own a Jeep Patriot - unfortunately also a Chrysler product. Recently when I shut it off and removed the key from the ignition the vehicle continued to run once I got it to shut off. The radio came on by itself while the vehicle was off. Later the alarm went off on its own and the vehicle was making a ticking noise all while the vehicles power was off. I took it to the dealership who changed the ignition switch stating there was a recall on the ignition switch for another model but not mine even though they are the same ignition switch. Chrysler is a company you want to do your homework on before you purchase any products from them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Chrysler is refusing to fix my vehicle that is well within warranty. They say it requires a new $19k engine that they won't cover even though it has only 10,000 miles on it and is less than 2 years old and they have record of two oil changes at 4k and 8k miles. They do not believe that I changed the oil within the 6 month duration recommended in the owners manual. I had it changed at the dealer every 4000 miles so they have record of that, but I changed it twice on my own to meet the 6 month requirement. I buy oil and filters for my airplane, boat and cars in bulk and so I don't have receipts of those supplies on the same date that I actually change the oil. Chrysler therefore says they won't honor the warranty because they don't honor my word. Typical Chrysler, not my first bad experience with them.

I filed a complaint through Chrysler customer service about a week ago. I have also given complaints in writing to the dealership this week. They continue to refuse to fix my 2016 Dodge Challenger. It is in their shop taken apart and not drivable. If I ask them to put it back together so I can drive it away (unfixed) then they will charge me thousands just to do that and for the loaner car they gave me which will be $40/day x 23 days now. They've had my car since 11/06/18. So they've spent 26 days taking pictures and getting my maintenance records and today flat out told me they won't cover it and I have to pay to put in a new engine. They said the engine costs $19k alone.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I find out after getting my credit pulled that Chrysler is reporting me 30 days late. I get a manager on the line who looks over the account and agrees to fix it but I have to dispute it. My husband and I dispute and we receive mail that it has been removed. My husband's 30 day never was removed and was told to give it time to update. The next month we then find that he now has 2 30 day late payments but I don’t. Once again, we’re going to send it to our Audit department and blah blah.

I wait a week and was told, "Yes we made a mistake. Dispute it and we’ll fix it." We dispute again and yes the remarks change on my husband's credit to current and the late remark I had removed magically reappears BUT we’re current. I CALL AGAIN “No man you were late.” Really? Then tells me I’m late for different months than what’s reporting on my credit report. In a nutshell I have 1 late payment and my husband has 2 but we have the same account. Makes sense right. Chrysler has dropped my credit score 80 points and refuse to fix their mistakes.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Hi, just want to give everyone a heads up on the all new Chrysler 300c 2017 was the model I recently made purchase. The vehicle is very stylish providing great rooming and excellent comfort and effortless performance as well. I must admit I'm a very big fan of the Chrysler 300. This is my 3rd one of the 300, I previously own 2006 Chrysler 300c and 2013 Chrysler 300c. Pricewise with what the car offers you just can't beat it, as I use to think. Just yesterday while commuting home from work my sunroof just exploded with shattering glass everywhere.

Luckily I was wearing a ball cap that kept me from having glass/glass fragments from getting into my eyes and I was able to remain in control of my vehicle. I must admit it was a very scary event but I'm perfectly fine but let's look at it from a different perspective. What if I didn't have on that ball cap and glass gotten into my eyes, without any questioning I would of wreck into other vehicles either killing myself or someone else, or what if I was heading home from a family outing, my whole family could of easily been at risk or glass getting into my child's eyes... For anyone reading this review wanting to know more my email is available.

I also have pictures for anyone wanting to see the cause of such happening. I feel very let down after seeking help with none offered from the dealership nor Chrysler themselves. Most definitely with this being my 3rd one. Not knowing what to do I began researching trying to find out how could this possibly happen and I came across not just this being a issue that already been known about but there's a class action suit in place as well... Hope I was very informative to all readers.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I would give a 0 star rating if possible. FCA has terrible customer service, a terrible product (2013 Dodge Dart Limited and JEEP Cherokee) and impossible to get a customer service representative or manager on the phone when you call. FCA's protocol is not to give a email address, extension number of the manager or the last name of managers and you have to wait for up to 48 hours for a callback. Nothing gets rectified to the customer's satisfaction. DO NOT RECOMMEND any Fiat Chrysler products.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Absolutely loved the car. I like the style and it rides comfortably. The color is good, and it had enough trunk space for when we travel. The backseat was large enough that our dogs can fit as well. It was affordable, and it rides well for long distance travel. It also had very low mileage for the age, and was in mint condition. But I wish the windows were tinted, and I wish there was a built-in CD changer. I do wish the Hemi engine was standard on all the Chrysler's, and I do wish we had a sunroof or a moonroof.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I like the Chrysler model and my vehicle is a 2010. The main feature which led me to choose this vehicle was the stow and go rear seats. Sometimes I would need to move some things that required additional space. Other times I would require the 7 seats which were quite comfortable, and never heard any complaints about comfort. The features I would include though would be the rear camera for backing up, and the ability to connect the cell phone to the vehicle radio. Those features have been added to later model vehicles. I do not think the computer, or as some call it the brain box was optimized in the earlier years. I also have experienced some problems with the computer, having multiple errors which seem to reoccur. Other than that, just normal maintenance which I have performed regularly or as needed. And my overall experience has been quite good.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I have had a lot of issues with my Chrysler 200. It was in the shop a lot. It had things go wrong that shouldn't go wrong. If it wasn't a lease or had a warranty it would of cost me a lot of money. I also didn't like that there wasn't a CD player in it and I didn't like when my battery in my remote died. I was stuck at the store w/ a car that wouldn't start. It needs work and updates. I would also like a sunroof. Even so, it had a lot of features and Bluetooth too. I like how it had a handless options like talking on the phone without holding my phone and that I didn't have to unlock the car with a key.

Original review: June 24, 2018

It has been a good vehicle. I'm able to sit all of my kids it. It gets great gas mileage and it rides very smoothly. The car has not had any engine or mechanical issues. Has great storage capabilities for family vacations too. We have a big family and we needed a vehicle that was roomy enough inside to accommodate all of us comfortably. I really love this van! I enjoy the automatic door opener. I like the fact that the doors open at the push of a button. But it would be beneficial if there was a mini TV inside for the kids to watch. Also, the speakers are not very good in the car.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I bought it because it was a great deal but in the end I felt screwed. I actually wish I had never bought it especially being it was used. I would have not chosen a convertible. I would not have chosen a Chrysler or at least not a Sebring. It had a few problems especially electrical and not an all electrical system for my Windows doors or convertible top. But I liked the fact that it was a convertible. It had a CD player. It was all automatic and it looked pretty sporty to me but in the end it wasn't at all what I expected with all the problems I ended up having.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I bought a Chrysler Town and Country touring van. It's been a little over a year ago. I love it drives as good as a car would. In fact, I prefer driving it over our little car. So much more comfortable than other vehicles I have owned. But I absolutely hate the clock in the dash. I know it should not matter that it not digital and actually has hands on it instead and yes in case you're wondering I can tell time on a real clock with hands unlike some others these days. My reason is it hard to read from the back and at certain angles. It's so hard to get used to for some reason. The other thing is the temperature and stuff is on the dashboard like it better on the ceiling between the front seats much better.

But my experience has been wonderful. And would not trade for anything else. It has many features. It is a 2010. And it was used when I bought it. Previously I owned a 2001 and loved it also but my new one has some options that I don't think I could live without now that I have them. Number 1 being to power doors with the touch of a button open. So helpful with the small ones I have in my care. One of them is disabled 2 year old, lots of therapy appointment. Space is a must and there's plenty of it. I also have a newborn, a lot of the time so hands are full most of the time when get load into the van that's why touch of a button remote opening is so important to me. Also, the Stow n Go seating so easy to use and gives you space when needed unexpected without having to remove a seat completely.

Original review: June 17, 2018

We were looking for a reasonably priced family car. We decided on an American brand. The Chrysler 200 looked like a great deal. It's a 2011. It was nice with its heated seats and heated mirrors. I also like the way it looks. However, it is the worst car I've ever paid so much money for. It is a hunk of junk. The heat stopped working, have had to replace wiring for windshield wipers and needs the air conditioning charged every month. It's super expensive to fix anything, too many blind spots and trunk is small as well.

Original review: June 16, 2018

My Chrysler has lots of room and sunroof is very nice. Heat and air controls front and back. Radio in front and back as well which is perfect for my family. We can listen to our different music at the same time in this car. Most of all it's a great car for family vacation or a massive shopping trip with my daughter. Has big backseat and a huge area in the back. Loads of fun and also great for girls night out with my friends or my sister. Love that it's nice and built tough enough for my family. Love everything about the car.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Bought extra warranty for my Chrysler Aspen which helped but I have had things go bad that are not maintenance related like sensors and things with the computer in the car and car doesn't have over 100k miles yet. But have been happy with its performance on the road and in winter and rain. I like that the inside features leather looking seats and heated seats. Everything is auto. Dvd player for small kids, separate heat and air controls, 3rd row seat, moonroof, good stereo, good tires, large engine, and 4WD. Also good for 2 growing tall and muscular teenage boys. However, I wish they had real leather seats, updated radio system including GPS and motion detectors if you go out of your lane, better place to plug in phones and iPads and make place to put hands-free phone.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The overall quality is low. Handles and parts break off easily. Interior still has a plastic smell. Parts look plastic, even chrome parts. The seats are still nice though. But it is not made as well as other cars I've owned. It is a manual which I didn't want but compromised for price. It shifts hard and runs bumpy. Larger trunk was good though.

Original review: May 29, 2018

My car caught fire due to a recall on the electrical system ignition. It caused the car to stall leading to the fire. Chrysler denies any responsibility although it is all over the internet. I could have been killed and I notice people complaining about a similar issue not realizing the risk. Something needs to be done.

Original review: May 2, 2018

The 1992 Chrysler New Yorker Salon is best car I've ever owned, and it only cost me $900. Insurance is cheap at $600 per year, and I get 30 mpg in town, 35 mpg on the highway. Back seat is like a curved living room couch, very comfortable.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Vehicle (Chrysler 300) purchased 04/2013. Since the purchase of the vehicle I have had number of electrical and other issues with vehicle. Had a number of oil changes done @ Hoover Automotive, but on 108/12/17 found out that they neglected to add power steering fluid to the car. The Uconnect system had to be replaced on 10/29/2016. A number of fuses had to be replaced when car was initially purchased. Then on 07/22/2017 I had the fuel neck hose replaced. Gas was pouring out of the car at the gas station. Also at that time they found a Bad Humidity sensor that I replaced. Lastly on 03/02/2018 Representative noticed that engine light was on. Had to replace P0520 oil sender unit. Chrysler is aware of all of the repairs and refuses to reimburse for the most the issues. Last conversation was today with Patricia then Chris **.

Original review: April 29, 2018

We loved this 2013 Chrysler 200 until the transmission failed in 2018, when the car was less than 5 years old. When looked up information we found that Chrysler has had lots of people with this exact same problem. We felt there should be some sort of recall or other compensation, but did not receive anything. The transmission seized and there was no indication from the onboard computer until it was too late. The car needed a total transmission replacement for $2500. Will not buy another Chrysler.

Original review: April 28, 2018

2016 Chrysler 200S model purchased new with 24 miles on 3-11-16. I just rolled 50,000 miles. All miles were pleasure miles. I average 28-32 MPG with mostly hwy (2) lane driving in the Mark Twain National Fores (Ozarks). Still have original tires. It handles like a dream and it’s loaded with extras.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I was a past owner of LeBaron & (changed to) Sebring (both convertibles), this time decided to go with a Sedan in that class which is now Chrysler 200. Really enjoying this car.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I've had this Chrysler car about 10 yrs. & it is still a dependable car. I am handicapped & had a lift installed for my scooter. I am able to go about anywhere I desire. The front seat moves all kind of ways to make sure the driver is comfortable. I'm thankful for this car and have no complaints.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I bought a used Chrysler Aspen after a boy texting and driving ran a red light and T boned and totaled my Tahoe. I love the look of the Aspen both inside and out! It drives like a dream! It is a 2008 model I bought 4 years ago with 50,000 miles on it. It now has 81,000 miles on it. I have just changed oil on it, no repairs! My HUGE regret is that it is no longer in production!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

The dealership prices for everything from oil changes to tires to tops is outrageous. But I've never had problems with this car, Crossfire LTD convert 2007. Bought it from dealer with less than 5k miles. Very dependable with Mercedes-Benz engine and parts. It now has 76k miles, is my primary car, I get regular oil changes, change tires more than on any other sports car I've ever had!! Follow regular changing suggestions. Got new top this year as rear window popped out while driving. And have had 1 accident which damaged front end, and am #105 on waiting list for front grill!! Otherwise, one of best cars I've ever had!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I reside 45 minutes from the Fiat warranty repair site. I had a clip go out on a trunk cover, which Waynesville Fiat ordered for me to be able to have the clip installed at the Marion NC Chrysler location (which is 20 minutes from me). No one ever called me when the part came in at Marion NC Chrysler, and when I went there to have the clip installed they refused to install it as it's a warranty part, and since they were charged for the part by Waynesville Fiat ordering it for me, they could not give me the part to take to Waynesville NC Fiat either, nor would they give it to me for free, nor did they offer to mail it to Waynesville Fiat for me so I could have the warranty work done on the next oil change. The Marion NC office parts guy was kind and calm, but the service adviser was short with me and said I could call Waynesville Fiat myself.

The dealership was closed when the Marion office was open so I could not call them that day. I contacted Fiat consumer service various times and nothing has been done about the issue, other than callers from Fiat have called me twice (two separate people two separate times) and left voicemails with no return telephone # provided so I could not return the calls back to the individuals myself. I have dates of my activities and theirs if needed. I have also told them that I have a front windshield that appears odd around the mirror area, to which no one has said a word about trying to assist me with this either. Today, 1-3-2018 I called for my third attempt to speak with Fiat (at 1-888-242-6342) and immediately when I started talking, I was hung up on. I then called back and spoke with another customer service rep who listened, but here is the help or lack of help I received again today:

She stated that she sees there is an existing case open on my complaint and gave me the case # as: #**. She said there is a Jolie listed who is working on this case, but she could not locate how to contact her. Then said she that there is a Jason who called me and his telephone # is: 1-800-9009. I asked her what the missing #'s were and she said, "I don't know as he works up north and I work in Florida." I replied with, "So we know Jason has worked on my case, but don't know how to reach him? For real? You don't know how to reach him either?" She said "All I see is that he works in the Chatham location." I said "So we don't know where Chatham is at? In Georgia? Or any other specific state?" She said "No. I'm sorry, but I don't know more." Then she followed with, "Wait… I see a Kenneth in Chatham that has worked on this case as well. His # is: 1-888-242-6342, and I think this # is his extension: **."

She then asked if there is anything else she could do for me and I was shocked as she was expecting me to try to call back again instead of her contacting him for me with me on the line already. I then attempted to call the # which I learned was the same # I had contacted her on, and there I found there was no way of plugging in this extension she provided me. I started this original contact on 12-02-2017 and to this day I still don't have any resolution nor a way to get this resolved via Fiat customer service. I will be documenting all my e-mails and call info in a Word document so that when I finally hear from someone I can provide more details that this to whomever wants to see how disrespectful this company is to its customers after a sale. If my VIN is needed I will gladly provide it once I am contacted.

I would like to see this company who is owned by also an American company "Chrysler" act like they know what good customer service is all about. So far everyone has dropped the ball. Also today I was reading two different articles online about automobile customer service and it appears Fiat and Jeep are at the bottom and Chrysler is nearly at the bottom too... Am I surprised? No, not at all. I need resolution to this clip to my truck that someone needs to order for me under my warranty for installation, and also this window looked into, and as much as I hate to say it I believe that this will require more on my effort than it will require of them and I think that that is terribly disrespectfully of a paying customer.

I am hoping you all can assist me in getting someone to be responsible for resolving all my issues including the fact that I have worked harder at this resolution than Fiat/Chrysler has combined. In closing, other than the customer service, I have loved my car and hate the fact that I would have wanted to purchase another Fiat, but with all the disrespect and non-caring attitudes and ways of this company it would be foolish of me to buy another car from them. I am hoping this review will help others to know what they are getting into, and hopefully someone at ConsumerAffairs will assist me in getting these issues resolved with Fiat once and for all.

Chrysler Company Information