3.24/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chrysler

Chrysler is an American auto maker that specializes in making cars and minivans. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chrysler Reviews

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I have had nothing but issues with my 2013 Chrysler 200 since I bought it brand new off the lot. Started having issues with the brakes within the first month. Took it to the dealer multiple times for inspection. Was always told nothing going on. Just clean them. Turns out the brake pads from the factory were defective. I also kept having issue with a tire deflating frequently. Took it in multiple times to be looked at and was told nothing is wrong. After having the tire replaced it turns out the wheel from the factory was also defective and wasn't letting the tire get a proper seal.

I have had two sets of the active assist headrests malfunctioning. First time the one headset didn't deploy in an accident. The second time a headset deployed for absolutely no reason and injured my wife. FCA fixed the headrests and then told me since I didn't take legal action they would be more than happy to help with any issue the car had in the future. I was stupid for believing that. I have had 2 sets of faulty struts. First set from factory was defective and second set gave out within 10k miles along with the mounts. So 3 sets of struts and 2 sets of mounts within 60k miles. Car only has 63k miles total.

Had to replace the Throttle body within 30k miles because the sensor went out. Normally you could just replace the sensor at around $60 but FCA encapsulated the sensor inside the TBI so that the whole mechanism has to be replaced which cost over $500 because at the time you could only get the part through the dealer and not on the open market.

Recently, after having an issue with the recent strut replacement. I took the car back to have the dealer look over the struts because they were making noise to just double check they were defective or installed improperly. Dealer drove the car around the lot for 1 min called it good, never put the car on the lift and never did a visual or physical inspection. Then turned around and told my FCA Case Manager a whole different story. Case Manager chose to believe the liars over the customer. Issues escalated to the Head of Case Management. The guy I dealt with was very unprofessional and even did some illegal things.

1st off if a call is going to be recorded the company has to disclose it before the conversation is started. That why you always get the automated message "call will be recorded for quality assurance and training." They are required by law to do so. Well the gentleman never disclosed that the call was being recorded until the end of the conversation. Then the gentleman threatened to file a Defamation Lawsuit against me if I used his name or other employee's name in my review of my personal experience with him and FCA.

FCA's solution was to have a low level customer service employee call and apologize for what upper management did. What kind of half hazard way of dealing with such a serious situation. Told them I wanted to talk to the Gentleman's superior not an empty apology from a CS Rep. I got one call from the guys superior and that was it. Though she documented that she called 3 times. Well my phone log on my phone shows one call on 8/13 and that is it. Checked with the phone company and they had the same info I did. So the lady falsified information in my record stating she contacted multiple times. Another rep documented that I replaced my own struts instead of the dealership so they were trying to nullify the warranty on my struts.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

DO NOT BUY A JEEP. My husband and I purchased a brand new, 2018 Jeep Compass back in November of 2018. It is now October of 2019 and we haven't seen our vehicle in four months. It has been in the shop since July, awaiting a new instrument cluster. The dealership we purchased through, AutoNation Jeep Broadway here in Denver, Colorado, has contacted us about once a month to give us new ETAs on the part, but apparently they have all been made up because Chrysler has told us that there isn't a part available in the United States.

We have reached out to Chrysler for a buy back, because obviously we don't want to have an unreliable vehicle OR deal with deceitful dealerships, but they refuse to work with us whatsoever. The most they are willing to do is help us trade our current Jeep in for a new one at their dealership, which is going to leave us with negative equity and a hit on our credit. This would obviously be a horrible resolution for us, especially because this is Jeep/Chrysler's fault. I had also purchased a brand new, 2016 Jeep a couple of years ago and the transmission went out in a year in that one. I thought it was just a fluke and that they deserved another chance, but I know differently now. Save yourself the stress and frustration of dealing with such a poorly run company. They truly don't care about their customers after their sales have been made.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I purchased a 2006 Town and Country Limited in 2009 w/ 32,000 miles with maint. records. Today it has 145,250 miles and is as solid as the day I bought it. My only expenses is 2 batteries, 8 tires, oil changes and fluid checks every 3,000 miles, 2 tire sensors and I was told if well maintained could easily run 250,000 miles. We just moved back from Florida so at my age of 83 I should have 4 wheel drive. So we went shopping for a 4 wheel drive Town and Country and found out they don't exist. So we purchased a 2017 Subaru Outback 4 wheel with 25,000 miles and couldn't believe how roomy and road quiet they are and the 3.6 engine has a lot of snap. Just so you know if Town and Country made a 4 wheel drive van I would own it.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I have been waiting for a car part for my car for 3 weeks now. I talk to someone online on Friday from Chrysler, who told me that she couldn't find any information my car part. She told me she was going to assign my problem to case manager. Today is Wednesday and I haven't heard anything. So I called them instead, the lady on the phone just told me the same crap, "I will I assign a case manager to your problem about your part." I told her wasn't I suppose to have one already, she told me no. I ask to speak to a manager, she then tells me that the manager has to call me back in 1 business day. What kind of crap is that. The worse service ever. I will never buy another Chrysler or Fiat ever.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I would rate this a zero if I could. I have a recall on my Dodge Dart for the shift latch cable. I made an appointment to get my car fixed but will not be scheduled until next week. I was not given a rental, so I will also have to pay for a rental and I will not be reimburse. This is ridiculous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I purchased my Chrysler with less than 30,000 miles on it and began having problems with the transmission immediately. I had my car at the dealership on two occasions with the dealership reporting they fixed the issues; however each time I would get my car back with the check engine light on and my transmission still having issues. When I called the last time to bring my car in to get it checked once again I was told my warranty was expired due to the 5 yr time frame had lapsed. I was told to call the Chrysler company to see if they could assist with my issue and without asking any questions declined to help. I am feeling frustrated and in dismay how a company can just turn a blind eye to a problem that was clearly documented before my warranty expired. Any suggestions?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I have been a loyal customer. I have purchased a new 2008 Ram, 2008 Durango, and 2013 Ram. I bought the Durango for the lifetime powertrain warranty and also purchased the wrap around warranty. It is currently sitting in the service center with the heads off since July when the Chrysler adjuster shows up and denied the claim, saying that the warranty was canceled because it wasn't inspected 5 years ago, which is bs because it was in the service center at the exact time it was due.

The receipts say inspection on them 3 times. They say the people who worked there at that time are gone, so there is nothing they can do about it! Have talked to everyone up and down the chain. You never get the same person, and they all point somewhere else and don't know who I talked to before. I am so disappointed. The 5 year inspection is due again now. They want me to take it and get it repaired. If I do that then it will for sure be canceled. Chrysler is no longer trustworthy in my book.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I was one of the people affected by the recall V54 Engine Fan needing to be replaced. My check engine light came on July 3rd, meaning I couldn't take my car into an "authorized dealer" to have it checked until July 8th. I didn't know this was a recalled part at the time, but heard unsettling engine noise in the dead heat of summer, so did not want to wait. They quoted me $700 to get the engine fan replaced. My Jeep had 33K miles on it, so I had a hunch something was off and looked online. Sure enough, it seemed I was part of the recall. So I took my car into the dealer, where it sat for days and I bummed rides, until finally they got it fixed. No check engine issue. In trying to get reimbursed the diagnostic check for the faulty part I was denied because I took it into a "non-authorized" dealer. So I guess I am just out $200 because of faulty engineering. Tsk Tsk, Chrysler Corporation. Making people pay for your mistakes is bad news.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I have a 2013 Town & Country. We bought it in 2014, used. At 90,000 miles the transmission went out on my van. I had it towed into the dealership. The dealership rebuilt the transmission under warranty. About a week later I had to bring it in more emission issues. I paid out of pocket for this. A few months later more transmission issues. Dealership asked Chrysler for a replacement of the transmission. They were denied the request and one again REBUILT the transmission. Per the dealership everything they did and every part they replaced/fixed is under warranty for 2 years. Since then I had it back into the dealership with transmission concerns. Shifting really hard, clunking or dropping into gear, etc. Most recently in April I took it in with concerns. They just kept saying “the transmission will get a feel for the driver and how they drive”.

Also said that there were no check engine lights on so to them there were no issues. Fast forward to July. I back up to see a puddle a fluid under the van. Drive it to a shop and they say there is so much wrong with the transmission they can’t even begin to diagnose it. I have it towed to Tom O’Briens in Indy. I waited for almost 2 weeks with NO calls back from Chrysler. I was without a vehicle the entire time. No offer by the dealership or Chrysler for a loaner or rental. I was told by the dealership that Chrysler was not going to cover the cost and that I wasn’t able to talk to the person that made that decision.

My “Advisor” said that he read the email from the district manager that stated the Chrysler rep did not want or should not have contact with the customer. The absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. They completely ignored me for 2 weeks and couldn’t even be bothered with telling me that because Chrysler decided to not replace the transmission less than 2 years ago, now I have to pay out $4,000. I believe this Chrysler rep needs contacted by corporate for being a coward. If this is truly your policy and THIS is how you do business, SHAME on you.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

First, this is the first and last Chrysler product I will ever own. After 72k miles of relatively trouble free driving I had a shifter bushing fail only to find out it is a recall part. Chrysler won't have the part until September (hopefully), but in the meantime they found an aftermarket part. Here's the kicker, Chrysler expects customers to pay out of pocket and file for reimbursement when the recall part comes out -- which could be never based on Chrysler's history. I was told I could rent a car, at my expense of course. So, I have to pay for a repair, and then go back again to have the manufacturer part put on at a later date. All on my own dime and time. I hate Chrysler and this car so much it gives me headache. I tried to do my part by "buying American." Never again. Chrysler can eat a big fat one.

Chrysler Company Information