2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.62/5

Chrysler is an American auto maker that specializes in making cars and minivans. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Find a Dealer Near You

Chrysler Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Leased a Chrysler 300S AWD in Sept. 2017 for 39 month/49000. The sales rep. suggested I purchase an extended warranty to cover the vehicle after the manufacturer (36 month/36000) warranty expired so I did MOPAR maximum care for $381. Mid-summer 2020 I noticed my door panels were warping and rising up. Almost like the glue holding the top edge had failed, this happened to both the front passenger and rear passenger side doors. I didn't think too much about it because the vehicle was being turned in in a few months and I'd just have it taken care of then.

I returned the vehicle a week early to have this addressed. A few days later my sales rep called and told me this is a cosmetic problem and is not covered under my extended warranty. I was furious! This isn't as much cosmetic as it's a defective material/design...I started looking online and guess what??? 1000's of customers are, or have had the same problem. FCA-US has been selling 3 models of vehicles with this design flaw since 2015. I called MOPAR to ask about coverage, a 'RUDE' individual at MOPAR, accused me of doing this. He said "I have friends that own the same vehicle and this hasn't happened to their cars" and he's never heard of this problem.

After getting UPSET with my sales rep. for selling me a warranty that doesn't cover the vehicle like he said, I got a call from the dealerships Service Manager. He went to the lot and inspected the vehicle and told me the leasing company won't even notice "don't worry about it". Well, they did notice and now US bank is charging me almost $800 to fix this door panel. I'm also going to report US BANK for price gouging... an issue with the other door has a chip out of a plastic trim piece (OEM part cost $73) and they say it costs $965 for a markup roughly of 864%. WOW!

My overall experience= POOR from all. NOT buying/leasing a Chrysler (or any FCA) cars again; This was my 4th and last purchase from LaFontaine Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and RAM in Fenton, Michigan; I will never use US BANK for any of my financial needs. After doing more research I've found a Class action lawsuit filed Sept 10, 2020 against FCA-US for this, over 30 pages of people with the same problem.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I and my family decided not to buy any car in future from them and related brand. So poor after sale and customer service. Representative of Chrysler was so below my expectation, I cannot believe. My request to C level officials should revisit their attitude and to teach them empathy and when a customer call what should their voice tone and level. Not all customer is same. Customer they deal with that customer also have so much experience you may not even think.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Bought a 2013 200s in December of 2012. From the beginning every time I went in reverse it sounded as if my brakes were going to grind and fall out of the car as well as squeal. We kept bringing it in and asking if it could be fixed and we were told and it was documented that this was a problem Chrysler knew about and we're working on but had no resolve as yet. I now have the car pretty much eight years and it's still the same problem with no help.

Try this week with all of the pertinent information to get customer service to give me a hand. After three people and over 45 minutes of my time I was told that if the problem we're going to get fixed that I was going to pay for it out of pocket! Even though I pointed out that we had been complaining about this and had documented proof since day one of which no one helped us with. We have been loyal Chrysler buyers for well over 30 years and have purchased well over seven cars. We even have a 2015 200s and when we asked if those brakes could be put into my car we were told no. And they still think they're in the right not fixing a car that has had the same problem for eight years. Not only will we never buy a Chrysler product we will do whatever we can to dissuade others from purchasing it.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Just after warranty is over, transmission died. We had a family trip to Montreal and there was issue with transmission. Started with whining noise and car jerked every gear shift. On the highway stuck at 80km/hr. Engine RPM hit 4-5000. I got out and called CAA. I had to tow my van from Montreal to Toronto. Now I have to pay 4000+ dollar for transmission. Chrysler says out of warranty, we don't care. Dealer, yeah don't give a damn. Never buy Chrysler again.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I put my trust into Chrysler And they have ruined my vehicle. They advised me I had an oil leak. Okay fine, I allowed to fix it $500 later. Very same day oil lights comes on with brake light and can’t drive past 20 miles. No loaner vehicle given, advisor quit responding.. Had to reach out to manager who was way more helpful and listened and provided next steps.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I have a 2012 Jeep Liberty with the Sky Slider option, it is a cross between convertible top and a Sun Roof. It will not close all the way. The dealer tells me there are NO parts available to fix this. Now mind you they put this option in the Dodge Nitro as well. This car is only 8 Years old, and now can't drive it for fears of the top coming off, being rained on and damaging the leather interior, electrical components etc. The vehicle is useless.

Original review: May 1, 2020

I leased a Jeep for my daughter. The dashboard lights were constantly on and several dealerships could not get it fixed. Finally we turned the car in at the end of the lease. When my daughter dropped of the vehicle - we leased another brand- she was told everything was OK. Weeks later we get a bill for damage which did not exist when the vehicle was dropped off. We were told we would need a certified appraiser to challenge the findings but the vehicle was long gone. I was not impressed with the quality of the vehicle and I certainly would avoid leasing from Chrysler. I feel their dealing are dishonest. Will not buy any Chrysler product ever again.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I am in the middle of having to get a new transmission on a 2016 Chrysler Town and Country. I am 9,000 miles over my warranty and just got the word today that they will offer no assistance to me. I have owned a Chrysler brand for 12 years and they will not offer assistance because I did not get my maintenance at a Chrysler dealership. Even though I have taken it ten times to be serviced in 18 months. They will not help me and not let me speak to another person that may help me. Sad to say after 12 years I never want to own another Chrysler again!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

We bought a 2014 Town and Country, 2nd owner warranty ended in November. Transmission went out in January. With 59,125 miles on it. Chrysler refused to help us because it was 2 months out of warranty.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Never have I had as many issues with a vehicle as I have had with my Chrysler 200. As I sit here stranded on the side of the road I want to warn consumers. You get what you pay for. There is a reason why Chryslers are priced lower than Toyotas, Fords, etc... The savings are not worth being stranded 6 times a year. This car is 3 years old and has already had brake failures, starter failures, transmission issues, air bag sensor failures, etc. If you buy a Chrysler you just have to accept that the car will only last the length of the warranty and then it will be time to buy another car.

Chrysler Company Information