Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.28/5

Chrysler

Chrysler is an American auto maker that specializes in making cars and minivans. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

52 Chrysler Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I have a 2013 Town & Country. We bought it in 2014, used. At 90,000 miles the transmission went out on my van. I had it towed into the dealership. The dealership rebuilt the transmission under warranty. About a week later I had to bring it in more emission issues. I paid out of pocket for this. A few months later more transmission issues. Dealership asked Chrysler for a replacement of the transmission. They were denied the request and one again REBUILT the transmission. Per the dealership everything they did and every part they replaced/fixed is under warranty for 2 years. Since then I had it back into the dealership with transmission concerns. Shifting really hard, clunking or dropping into gear, etc. Most recently in April I took it in with concerns. They just kept saying “the transmission will get a feel for the driver and how they drive”.

Also said that there were no check engine lights on so to them there were no issues. Fast forward to July. I back up to see a puddle a fluid under the van. Drive it to a shop and they say there is so much wrong with the transmission they can’t even begin to diagnose it. I have it towed to Tom O’Briens in Indy. I waited for almost 2 weeks with NO calls back from Chrysler. I was without a vehicle the entire time. No offer by the dealership or Chrysler for a loaner or rental. I was told by the dealership that Chrysler was not going to cover the cost and that I wasn’t able to talk to the person that made that decision.

My “Advisor” said that he read the email from the district manager that stated the Chrysler rep did not want or should not have contact with the customer. The absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. They completely ignored me for 2 weeks and couldn’t even be bothered with telling me that because Chrysler decided to not replace the transmission less than 2 years ago, now I have to pay out $4,000. I believe this Chrysler rep needs contacted by corporate for being a coward. If this is truly your policy and THIS is how you do business, SHAME on you.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

First, this is the first and last Chrysler product I will ever own. After 72k miles of relatively trouble free driving I had a shifter bushing fail only to find out it is a recall part. Chrysler won't have the part until September (hopefully), but in the meantime they found an aftermarket part. Here's the kicker, Chrysler expects customers to pay out of pocket and file for reimbursement when the recall part comes out -- which could be never based on Chrysler's history. I was told I could rent a car, at my expense of course. So, I have to pay for a repair, and then go back again to have the manufacturer part put on at a later date. All on my own dime and time. I hate Chrysler and this car so much it gives me headache. I tried to do my part by "buying American." Never again. Chrysler can eat a big fat one.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

My husband and I have been loyal customers for about 15 years. We purchased 2 Town and Country vans and leased one from Humes. My first husband (passed away) and we had purchased 2 mini vans from Humes, but a different salesman who was no longer there. I have driven nothing but Chrysler vans since the 1980's. Bob was our salesman for the last 3 we had. During all the years we (and me and my first husband) had these vans no one but Humes serviced our vehicles. That’s decades of making money off of servicing our vehicles.

We kept up on oil changes as well, driving from Erie/Millcreek out to Waterford for all of it. I am highly disappointed that when we went in to inquire about trading our Town and Country Limited in for a Pacifica the only offer we received was one from Bob. My husband asked you if we get anything for customer loyalty and you stated that’s why you gave us an additional $1000 for our trade.

I asked if anything could be taken off the sticker price and was told the sticker price is now more in alignment with what the dealership pays for the vehicle. We all know this is not true. It is bad enough he didn't offer to take a dime off the sticker price, but the lie just made it worse. We weren’t born yesterday. Needless to say, we were stunned receiving this treatment after being loyal customers (combined with me and my first husband – for decades). Maybe Humes just gets complacent and takes loyal customers for granted, thinking if they’ve come here for years they will continue to do so. Unfortunately, I will never recommend Humes, nor Bob to anyone. I really liked my Chrysler vans, but not enough to be treated like this. We walked out of Humes and never looked back. We only received one phone call back from Humes after we left. We weren’t home and he never called back. They didn’t show they wanted our business.

Another Chrysler dealer in Ohio knocked off $5,000 in incentives and price right off the bat before our trade on the same Pacifica we inquired about. We also negotiated a price for a CPO Honda Pilot Elite (even more expensive than the Pacifica), 2018 with 3,000 miles on it and got it for less than what Bob’s first offer to us was. They even gave us $1000 more on a trade then we were offered at Humes and it wasn’t even their vehicle. It was an unbelievable deal. Honda in Erie will be the ones getting our business and recommendation from now on. They were very friendly, made it known they wanted your business and clearly showed they were more than willing to work out a deal so we could all be happy. The owner is the most personable, friendly, businessman I have ever met. He is constantly walking around seeing if he can help anyone in any way.

Since buying the Pilot I have taken my brother there to buy his first Honda. He also was very satisfied with the deal he received (after being a loyal Toyota customer for decades) and said he will be going back to Honda. He said he was never treated that way by Toyota either. The only reason I would give Humes one star is because of the service dept. The guys we dealt with in service were always very friendly, knowledgeable, nice to deal with and the service was good. If we had been treated better by sales after all these years we would have kept coming back. Loyal customers deserve something.

Hands down, Honda will be my recommendation to everyone I know and I will make it my mission to help and/or go there with everyone I know that needs a vehicle, so they don’t learn the hard way, or get taken for granted. Humes salesman’s unwillingness to work with us taught me to do so much more research on negotiating a deal that I will never be taken advantage of by any car salesman ever again. So, thank you for that.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Had a problem with my Jeep that had about 35,000 miles of using a quart of oil every two thousand miles. The dealership told me that that was normal operation and said that was Chrysler's claim. I called Chrysler customer care center and they said they would have to call the dealership. They did so and the dealership told them it was operating normal. Customer care got back to me staying what the dealership said and that they could not help me. How's that for warranty service. NOT. John **

Original review: June 23, 2019

I have owned Chrysler/Dodge minivans since 1984. My daughter grew up in a minivan so when I recommended the Pacifica for her growing family, they bought a new 2017. It has been in the shop over 20 times with multiple warranty issues (i.e. cannot fill with gas, radio problems, door problems, engine suddenly shutting off, emissions, numerous check engine lights that they couldn’t find). Horrible situation...one time they had car for 13 days. Another time check engine light came on as we were leaving dealership. Switching child seats is not easy or fun, get it together Chrysler.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

Original review: May 10, 2019

Roadside Assistance agreed to send flatbed to carry Fiat 124 to dealer, 42 miles away. Time estimated was 55 minutes, but took over two hours. Wrong tow truck arrived. Driver insisted on lifting rear wheels and pulling front on the ground, which could damage frontend, bumper, etc. The Tow was declined and other arrangements were made. While at my residence, the tow truck leaked substantial amount of Hydraulic Fluid, but driver lied, stating it was only water. Fiat has not agreed to clean it up. I'm having to do it myself. Caveat Emptor!

Original review: April 29, 2019

My husband and I (young newly married couple... just starting out) leased a 2016 Jeep Compass, we returned the vehicle in February. We called Chrysler previous to the return of the vehicle to get the amount for full term. They told us on 3 separate occasions the same amount. We paid that amount and miraculously when we returned the vehicle we still owed 2 payments?

This is the tip of the incompetence level of this company. This story gets worse. We receive the final bill and get charged an additional $600 for glass damage that didn’t exist. By the end we’re almost down $2000 and yesterday received another bill for a vehicle we don’t even own? NEVER do business with the company EVER. We got the runaround from every person we talked to and hit a wall every time we tried to find a solution. This company’s motto should be “Not for the working class- when things get tough we’ll kick you while you’re down.”

Original review: April 25, 2019

We are stationed in Hawaii and after retiring we are using our retirement orders to move back to the mainland. We leased a Dodge Journey for 2 years. When we discussed the move to the mainland the sales people stated it would not be a problem to return the car. We have tried the last two months to speak with someone to discuss the lease, but have been unsuccessful. When contacting Chrysler we get the run around because we are no longer active duty. They want us to ship the car to Florida, pay 3000 dollars to ship the car to turn in the lease there in less than 9 months. When we called the dealership we are told nobody that we spoke to works at the dealership anymore and Hawaii is a CONUS location, which is incorrect. We are just looking for a solution...

Original review: April 16, 2019

We purchased 2015 Chrysler 200 in 2017. The car currently has only apprx 40,000. Like new. We are having issues where the car keeps cutting off while driving & the air bag light is on with issues. There are recalls for both of these very dangerous issues. I was told my car is NOT a part of the recalls. Bull. I don’t care. What came up in Chrysler’s computer, these are recall issues & me being without the car for over 2 weeks now is unacceptable. I would not recommend this vehicle of brand to anyone. I should not have to pay for an issue that has recalls but someway my vehicle missed. I am VERY upset & disappointed.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Called up support for my 2014 Dodge Dart Aero. Fourth time it's needed repairs since July 2018. Perfect maintenance, less than 40k miles, bought brand new. Bumper to bumper was expired, only had powertrain. Still having issues similar to something I felt in October of 2018 that they were supposed to have fixed. I paid for that out of pocket because again, powertrain only.

The wait time for just a diagnosis was almost two weeks minimum, which is time I cannot just leave my car at the dealer. Yes, the dealer is independently owned and operated and subject to their own guidelines, doesn't change the fact that it's Chrysler's product. I got a diagnosis at an independent shop within minutes. Without even telling them about the previous repair, the spark plugs, they informed me those were already bad, among a valve leak that also should have been caught at the dealer, as he could tell based on build up it had been there for some time.

With that information, I called Dodge support and gave them the information I had. I asked if there was any way I could use the independent shop, as I needed to go out of town soon and could not afford to let it sit at a dealer for almost two weeks (or more even) and I was told to take it to the independent place for repairs, then to call back and open a case for reimbursement with the itemized receipt of what was worked on. I was extremely up front that this was not the dealer, and what my warranty situation was. They informed me this was ok.

I called today to inform Chrysler the repair was done and I was ready to open the case only to be told I had not done the right thing and that they couldn't help me. Even after apologizing to me for them giving me bad information, I'm out over $700 because of bad instructions. I have records of the call from yesterday morning that they claim to not have records of, as they claim the associate I spoke to did not have any logs or notes written down. They would not check any logs whatsoever to even confirm that I called, or try to pull up a recording of the call itself. I've got transcripts that show this. Will never, ever buy from Chrysler again. Every single step of the way they have been nothing but trouble, from the vehicle to the company.

Chrysler Company Information