3.4/5 (208 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Chrysler

Chrysler is an American auto maker that specializes in making cars and minivans. Read reviews for their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Chrysler Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

Original review: March 15, 2022

To start off, my family has always been Chrysler customers. However, that will no longer be the case. We recently (within a year) purchased a brand new 2020 Pacifica. On January 29th, right after it passed 18,000 miles, the transmission went out. We were then informed by Chrysler that they only cover $35 a day for a rental and only for 10 days. No rental company in my area is below $55 a day. Then we are told that they cannot find a transmission for our vehicle. When we called to see if Chrysler would cover a rental completely since they had no idea when they would have parts and they promptly said no and that although they understood our frustration they would not do anything beyond what they were doing.

Two weeks later they finally have a transmission on the way from California. It takes two weeks for it to arrive at the dealership service department in Virginia. That was two weeks ago and our Pacifica has not moved in their parking lot. Chrysler is saying that the technician doesn’t have a free lift available to get it in. I received an email today saying that the “Chrysler customer service” would check with the dealership again next week. I will NEVER purchase a Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge or Ram vehicle again. And I will not recommend them to anyone, EVER!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I recently had a problem with the oil filter housing. It needed replacing. I was made aware the Chrysler knows about the problem and is now changed that part due to its serious flaw but they have not made a recall. I was told that there is nothing they can do to help make it right. Shame on you Chrysler. I was in the market for another vehicle but Chrysler will not see my business.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I purchased a 2015 FIAT 500e a couple of years ago. I am now the third owner of the vehicle, and ever since I purchased the vehicle I have been having multiple problems with it. First, the 12V battery went out, so I purchased a new battery. Secondly while making a right-hand turn all the lights suddenly came on, the ABS light, the RBS light, the ECS light, and then a Red Turtle would appear and the car would slow down and stop.

I towed the car to the dealership for repairs @ Larry H Miller Chrysler Dodge Fiat on Havana in Colorado. They did an ECU scan on the car and said that the HV battery under the car is bad, and wouldn't take a charge, which will need to be replaced. I doubted the notion because the battery charges for me every day and the battery was at 90% when I brought the vehicle in for service, but since the car was under warranty for the HV battery the dealership was able to complete the replacement at no charge, and the only service charge was for scanning the computer.

After changing out the HV batteries the lights were still present and they said that it was from the vehicle speed sensor and I needed to get both the rear speed sensors replaced. I doubted this notion as well because before I brought the vehicle in for service I changed out all four-speed sensors, but their explanation was aftermarket speed sensors are not good and they can fail out of the box. I decide to take the car home and change out the speed sensors myself if that was the case. I changed it before so I can do it again if it was actually bad. I didn't get but halfway home and the Red Turtle came back and the car stopped. I couldn't start the vehicle or do anything at this point but at least I was able to place the car in neutral and push it out of traffic.

I called the dealership and told them what had happened and they said I needed to get it towed back in so they can replace the speed sensors because that was probably the problem causing the vehicle to stop. I paid out of pocket and got the vehicle towed back in for service again. After they changed out the speed sensors the problem still remained no change and no fix, back to square one. The car has now been at the dealership for a month now, and still no solution.

The next option was to try and change out the ABS module to see if that was causing the issue. I agreed to the repair, and after the replacement of the ABS module the lights all went away according to the service writer, but now the car cannot be driven above 50 miles otherwise the Red Turtle comes on and the car slows to a stop. They towed the car back to the shop and did a re-scan on the ECU module again. This time it shows up as the power inverter module, which is the reason the car cannot go above 50 miles an hour. I was quoted $6000 dollars if I wanted this part replaced and for the repair.

Keep in mind I am still paying for the purchase of the vehicle and now $6000 for repair on top of that to get this vehicle running and the part replaced, I can't afford that! So I went online and did some research myself and searched if there were any recalls on the vehicle pertaining to this issue in the past. Unfortunately, there were back in 2016 the vehicle had a power inverter module recall on the vehicle which was taken care of by the previous owner and replaced.

So I decided to contact Chrysler Fiat Customer Service to see if they can help, either reduce the cost for the repair or help with anything basically so I can get the car back to use again. I was given a case #** and was assigned to a Case Manager named "Jerry". Jerry was very hard to get a hold of and not very helpful at all to start with. The tone and the attitude coming from Jerry while speaking with him was basically "this is not our problem but yours". After speaking with Jerry for a while and letting him know my frustration, he basically said did everything in his power to NOT HELP and in the end said the inverter is out of warranty and I can't help you. What???? This is how you treat customers?

After giving him every detail I could about what's going on and that this vehicle is now a paperweight since I can't drive it and still paying for it, he said he will call the Dealership where the car is being serviced and see if he can do something, and he did mention several times that most likely it'll be a waste of time because there's nothing he can do. Really!!!...again...WOW!!!! Great customer service.

Three weeks has gone by and still no word from Jerry. I tried calling several times for an update, but keep getting pushed to a voicemail. Even the Service writer "Chris **" in the service department has tried multiple times to get a hold of him or another Case Manager and nothing. I finally received an email today from Jerry, stating he would like a callback to discuss the Fiat 500e being serviced. I spoke with Jerry and basically gave me the same story as before "I talked to my manager and there's nothing we can do to help you". WOW!! I am really shocked. Way to stand behind your product!!! No reason as to why the only thing he can say was "we can't help you!"

Well, with that being said, I guess there is no more for me to say except I am no longer purchasing anything from Chrysler, Fiat or Dodge because of the poor customer service and satisfaction provided or should I say not provided. The minimal support they can give is at least knock down the price for the repair so I can afford it, but all I get is "sorry there is nothing I can do to help you!"

It has now been 2 months to the day that the car is in service. I texted Chris ** the service writer and told him the situation and he basically agreed with me on the poor customer service I was provided by Chrysler Customer Service and with Jerry. I know there are other vehicles in service at the same dealership for the same reason, and I'm sure Chrysler does not want to assist for whatever reason that isn't helping us customers. My understanding is, and with any dealership if there are several vehicles being serviced for the same exact problem doesn't that raise a Red Flag to say we need another recall or we need to get an Engineer involved to figure out the problem? He wouldn't even give Chris a reason or an explanation on why they couldn't help. I proceeded to tell Chris I will pick up the vehicle tomorrow and try somehow to get it repaired somewhere else for lesser the cost or get rid of the vehicle all together probably the ladder most likely.

Chris ** the service writer has been on top of his game the whole time...he has been keeping me updated as the vehicle is being repaired and also trying everything he can to assist with the repair of the vehicle, and definitely awesome service on his end. I just wish he didn't have to work for a company that doesn't give two cents about their customers. Again....never will I purchase another vehicle that has any affiliation with Chrysler.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

I Own a Chrysler Town and Country 2008. The purchase of the new vehicle was reinforced by Chrysler lifetime warranty on vehicle powertrain. In 2019, the vehicle transmission failed and Chrysler would not replace the failed transmission, thus not standing behind its advertised warranty. The company is a simple failure.... You can expect to be flat when you are looking to use their advertised vehicle warranty. I will never buy a new Chrysler/Jeep vehicle again and all my family and acquaintances have learned this lesson and will never buy a Chrysler anymore. This sort of issue relies on a long term warranty promise. If you happen to need, you can be sure, you will not find it. Simply said, Chrysler/Jeep warranty promise is a marketing scam.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

They are professional and get the job done with care. They are men experienced in their work. If you want quality work done and not half ass work like Les Swab, go to Firestone. Very happy and satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

My first car was a Chrysler Lebaron Convertible. It was a beauty. The best part was the rear seats which are really crampy in all Convertible even the top of the line one but in Lebaron they were spacious as Lebaron Convertible is made out of a Lebaron Coupe which gives it the back seats as wide space as in any other 4 door. Bought a Sebring Convertible as Lebaron was taken off production & replaced with Sebring to increase the price. Chrysler again played a game, took Sebring off market so ended up buying a 200 as fell in love with Lebaron so had to have Lebaron or its babies as I call Sebring/200. Anyway I have been happy with Chrysler since my first purchase of Lebaron & will still love them.

Original review: May 27, 2021

After making several inquiries online and by phone I went into the dealership to lease a new Pacifica. They knew who I was upon entry due to my multiple inquiries and I surely should have been flagged as a serious buyer. Chrysler.com shows a special for 229 per month. I meet with Basir and explained that I wanted that specific car under those terms. He proceeded to disappear for 25 minutes, to then tell me the lease would actually be $440 per month, and the 4400 down payment jumped to 7400. Total cost of 17,960 for 24 month lease with 10k miles per year. (748.33 mo) (How did a 229 lease on a $41k car double???) I said no thank you, that I was not interested, and having driven an hour to get there and waiting a half hour while there, I asked to use the restroom on my way out. Basir told me "NO, GO OUTSIDE." UNBELIEVABLE!, UNACCEPTABLE! INEXCUSABLE!

- I expect that dealerships will often be shady in their pricing practices and I usually choose to simply go elsewhere, but for this miserable excuse for a person to tell a prospective customer to relieve himself outside is unbelievable!!! (I went to the front and politely asked the receptionist and went anyway. I should have listened to him and relieved myself on their car lot). In any event, not only will I never go to or recommend DeCozen, I am no longer interested in buying a Chrysler. Good job guy!

Point of fact, that evening I got a Volvo XC90 T6 through Volvo care for $825 per month. This includes 15k miles per year, includes car insurance, all maintenance, and wear and tear. Best car purchasing experience of my life! 10 minutes, online, and I didn't have to deal with a lowlife like Basir. DONT GO HERE! BUYER BEWARE. If you do, be sure to use the restroom prior.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Leased a Chrysler 300S AWD in Sept. 2017 for 39 month/49000. The sales rep. suggested I purchase an extended warranty to cover the vehicle after the manufacturer (36 month/36000) warranty expired so I did MOPAR maximum care for $381. Mid-summer 2020 I noticed my door panels were warping and rising up. Almost like the glue holding the top edge had failed, this happened to both the front passenger and rear passenger side doors. I didn't think too much about it because the vehicle was being turned in in a few months and I'd just have it taken care of then.

I returned the vehicle a week early to have this addressed. A few days later my sales rep called and told me this is a cosmetic problem and is not covered under my extended warranty. I was furious! This isn't as much cosmetic as it's a defective material/design...I started looking online and guess what??? 1000's of customers are, or have had the same problem. FCA-US has been selling 3 models of vehicles with this design flaw since 2015. I called MOPAR to ask about coverage, a 'RUDE' individual at MOPAR, accused me of doing this. He said "I have friends that own the same vehicle and this hasn't happened to their cars" and he's never heard of this problem.

After getting UPSET with my sales rep. for selling me a warranty that doesn't cover the vehicle like he said, I got a call from the dealerships Service Manager. He went to the lot and inspected the vehicle and told me the leasing company won't even notice "don't worry about it". Well, they did notice and now US bank is charging me almost $800 to fix this door panel. I'm also going to report US BANK for price gouging... an issue with the other door has a chip out of a plastic trim piece (OEM part cost $73) and they say it costs $965 for a markup roughly of 864%. WOW!

My overall experience= POOR from all. NOT buying/leasing a Chrysler (or any FCA) cars again; This was my 4th and last purchase from LaFontaine Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and RAM in Fenton, Michigan; I will never use US BANK for any of my financial needs. After doing more research I've found a Class action lawsuit filed Sept 10, 2020 against FCA-US for this, over 30 pages of people with the same problem.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I and my family decided not to buy any car in future from them and related brand. So poor after sale and customer service. Representative of Chrysler was so below my expectation, I cannot believe. My request to C level officials should revisit their attitude and to teach them empathy and when a customer call what should their voice tone and level. Not all customer is same. Customer they deal with that customer also have so much experience you may not even think.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Bought a 2013 200s in December of 2012. From the beginning every time I went in reverse it sounded as if my brakes were going to grind and fall out of the car as well as squeal. We kept bringing it in and asking if it could be fixed and we were told and it was documented that this was a problem Chrysler knew about and we're working on but had no resolve as yet. I now have the car pretty much eight years and it's still the same problem with no help.

Try this week with all of the pertinent information to get customer service to give me a hand. After three people and over 45 minutes of my time I was told that if the problem we're going to get fixed that I was going to pay for it out of pocket! Even though I pointed out that we had been complaining about this and had documented proof since day one of which no one helped us with. We have been loyal Chrysler buyers for well over 30 years and have purchased well over seven cars. We even have a 2015 200s and when we asked if those brakes could be put into my car we were told no. And they still think they're in the right not fixing a car that has had the same problem for eight years. Not only will we never buy a Chrysler product we will do whatever we can to dissuade others from purchasing it.

Chrysler Company Information