Chrysler

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Car has been an absolute nightmare. For the last 2 years this vehicle has had some type of problem with it, the suspension being by far the worst. Ever since buying the vehicle 3 years ago, it's probably spend very close to 6 months where it can't be driven. The suspension problems are so bad. Even after replacing multiple parts of the suspension, within 2 weeks of fixing them some other piece goes out. It's a never ending flow of problems. When I spoke to Jeep though they refuse to admit anything is wrong with the vehicles, even with many people reporting the same problems. I will never even come close to even just dreaming about owning any Chrysler relayed vehicle again.

I've seen cars 10 years older that are far more reliable than this one. I very strongly would encourage anyone reading this never to touch one of these cars. Unfortunately the problems are very widespread with their vehicles and they pick up far more complaints than other car companies with similar vehicles. Please, beware because they truly do not care how poor quality their vehicles are as long as they are being sold.

Well hey here is another one for you all. I got my PT around 6 mo ago for a wedding gift. Hey they could have kept that one. Man this car have put me through so much in just the last couple (mo). I have put a new water pump, radiator, thermostat and more. And guess what. The heat still don't work and it's 12/31/2016. So yes. It's cold out and just yesterday the thing stop starting up for what I don't know. So I go get a new battery and spark plug for it yesterday and that still didn't work. So I couldn't make it to work. So now I don't have a job. Wow. THANKS Chrysler. What a happy new year. Oh and I forgot say that because of the PT I was late for my wedding cause of this car.

I really feel like Chrysler owe me. This car has put me through so much hell I don't even want another car and I know other people that have a PT and going through the same. So I know they know that this car needs to be recalled. We don't have money like they do and this car has put me so far in the hold. I don't know what to even say and then like everyone has been saying it's not like they make the car to where it can be work on easy. So now I'm out of a car, out of money and out of a job all because of a PT CRUISER. Well to my new found family you all have a good new year and let's go to foreign cars (LOL). Be safe everyone.

I have a 2006 Dodge 2500 Ram. I was driving to the store when I smelled smoke coming from under my seat and the cab filled up with smoke. I pulled over and got my two grandkids out of the truck and flagged someone down a man throw water on it and got the fire out. Chrysler sent out a recall person to check it out and I received a letter stating their investigation concluded it wasn't their fault. I tried to call and find out how they came up with the reason an original part would catch on fire but got no call back from them. I am not happy that this is how they conduct their business. Very scary. Me and my grandkids could have burned up in my truck.

I purchased a new 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Limited 75th Anniversary Edition with only 37 miles September 30, 2016. It was manufactured in July 2016. A few weeks ago while driving under normal dry smooth pavement conditions, the warning beep came on and then "Service Electronic Stability Control" light appeared on the instrument panel. I thought maybe it was just a bad connection so I made an appointment to have it looked at. The ESP module was replaced and I picked it up. The light came back on again. The technician found a loose connection and fixed it. Long story short. After the third time returning it for the same reason I went to pick it up again today. I drove it less than five miles from the dealership and it happened again. This will be the 4th and last time I will return the vehicle. It's currently at the dealership and there it will stay. I don't want it back. I don't trust its stability and it's a serious safety issue.

Under certain inclement conditions, the Jeep's stability could lose control causing it to overturn or crash. Under my state’s "Lemon Law" it meets all of the requirements. I will be requesting a refund for my purchase. I'm so upset and heartbroken over it. We had to cancel a trip to the for fear of our safety in this unreliable vehicle and of course the fact it was in shop when we planned to leave town. Not to mention, the inconvenience of driving to the dealership four times with a 60 mile radius round trips.

The service manager and dealership have been amazing and have tried everything possible to remedy the situation to no avail. It's just not going to be repaired at this point. I will update once I know what direction this situation takes. I was warned by several friends and family not to purchase any Chrysler product, especially a Jeep based on its reputation after being purchased by Fiat. I did it anyway and I have no one to blame but myself. BUYER PLEASE BEWARE!!! If you purchase a FCA product you may regret it... I don't have the service receipts in front of me to upload but I've uploaded pictures.

From the very first day we drove it off the dealer's lot, then back seconds later all we did was make a U turn back to the dealer with a transmission problem. The vehicle was in "D" for Drive however the transmission was like still stuck in 1st gear. Dealer said "sorry you will have to make appointment." We said "what?" Since then 5 recalls over 100 TSB's and numerous other problems. And to top it all off all these defects still exist. You may be asking why live with a lemon. Well we did everything by the book, even contacted lemon attorneys, and all said same thing. Chrysler is the worse to deal with.

We purchased a new 2010 Chrysler Town and country Touring plus v6 and traded in 2 vehicles because it was the economically thing to do and we would be saving money, well that also backfired thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars of my own time fixing a lemon. Thank God I went to school to be a ASE technician however I was not able to finish still I at least had the knowledge that one day it would help me and it did. From transmission gear shifting problems to head gaskets and intake gaskets to oil consumption to electrical problems. Also I will mention a very bad design where the exhaust pipe is so close to the cooling system fittings they rupture many design flaws simply put a LEMON. Just for those saying well I would have never dealt with that. We had no choice at the time in a chapter 13 so the rules are very strict. You cannot have any debt. I hope I helped you not choose Chrysler.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler?

This is my second one. I have 145,000 miles on it and have only done regular maintenance. Kept this one and just purchased a second one in April. Driving back and forth to Fl., NY, Johnson City TN several times a year, I have to depend on my car. I always use synthetic oil and am faithful about oil changes. I had to replace the tires naturally, had a break job, and occasionally added freon to the AC. I kept the older car for local driving now. In April I purchased a 2015 300S Touring Model from CarMax with 3200 miles. Love it except it has no CD player. Really stupid idea on Chrysler's part not to install them in 2015 cars. Otherwise I love everything about it. All the bells and whistles.

I have a Town and Country van. I like the that the seats fold into car. It has been very reliable, starts every time I turn the key. I have hauled wood, moved homes.

I purchased a 2016 Jeep Wrangler in April 2016. I have had nothing but problems. I noticed rusting on the frame. I took it into the dealership and Jeep refused to pay for warranty work since it wasn't on the actual body. The carpet is pulling away from center console, leaking water. I would never recommend buying a Jeep/ Chrysler. Poor customer service.

Chrysler Company Profile