Compare Auto Loan Rates

Compare Auto Loan Rates

Apply Today and Save - Lower Your Rates

Compare Rates

11 CarsDirect Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

They are very generous with their repayment methods, very good customer service, good at answering any questions that you have. Good at solving any problems that may come up with your payment. They have a very good interest rate. They will provide options on different interests rates. They will give you a quote on your car. Good at helping you understand your interest rate.

The application process is not that difficult as some other insurance places. They will help you fill it out if you have any trouble, or if you have any problems with the application process. They offer different payment options, and will let you choose the best payment option that is best for you. They will answer any questions that you may have and will help you with your payment.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I have a great payment plan. Every now and then I pay it off through. I have a plan lasting about a year to pay off so I appreciate not having too long. It's an average rate. Not too much for me to pay big. I believe I have a great plan that meets my income standards and such. I feel as though it's the best plan. The process did not take up too much time. It was short and to the point. I did get a great understanding of what I was doing so I didn't feel rushed or unintelligent about it. There was a wide variety of options for me. I picked the best one for me that will not take too much of my funds and will be paid big quickly for me.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

Repayment terms were far below what competitors were offering. Terms were too short and with very high interest. The first quote I received didn't cover my negative equity so I had a large repayment and out of pocket. Interest rates were far above what any other bank was offering me at the time. The person I spoke with tried to explain why, but it didn't make much sense to me. I just think they have a poor reputation from lenders. The application process was fairly straight forward. Standard questions followed by the standard credit check. Their response time was actually fairly quick on the application. There was a monthly payment option and that was it. No semi annual or annual installments and no other options to speak of. There isn't even a website to make your payment; has to be sent through the mail.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

The repayment terms were easy and very helpful. They can set up your payments to fit your needs and will continue to work with you on getting the goal you have completed. This was a little less than what the banks were going to charge me. This fit my budget and the offer from them was too hard to hard not to accept. This was probably the fastest application process and the form was so easy to fill out. This was really a big load off my chest because at other companies this step seems to take forever. They will set up your payments to meet your goals because they truly want you to come back and buy from them. They seem to really care for your concerns.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

The payments were a fair amount and the term of loan was about what I expected. The loan was one of several that I had explored and the one with the best terms. I was expecting a higher rate than I got for my credit score. Next time a loan is needed they will be in the running and will probably be the one I choose again. The application was your normal and simple application. Did not take a lot of time to complete, was done in less than 15 minutes. Nothing hard about it. The payments were reasonable and the terms of the loan with regards to the length and the interest were not too bad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarsDirect?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

Repayment terms are great. They are open, unlike any other companies. However they keep their customers satisfied & I have no complaints, even though I'm a customer. Interest rate was very flexible, not uptight, just right. I'm a customer of the company & I know what I'm talking about, unlike others & seeing is believing. Application process was very easy, simple, easy to understand. There was nothing or any questions about or on it that would make it complicated or time-consuming. Payment options had an awesome graceful time period frame that other companies didn't & this company actually works with you, unlike others.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

The repayment terms are very reasonable. They offer payment options based on your income. They also do adjustments for convenience purposes. The interest rate is pretty low but if payments are consistently late then the interest rate goes up. So pretty much you need to make all payments promptly. The application process is very fast especially if you have all of the required documents upfront. If you have to get more information then it will take longer. There are usually five payment plans. They accept cash, check and or credit card. I chose to use my credit card so my monthly payments are automatically coming out.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

It's a great service. Very easy to use and a great company. They make it easy to get just what you need. Nothing more, nothing less. I’d recommend them. Not a bad interest rate. I thought it was very fair and well priced compared to others I had used before. I'd use them again if I needed to use one. Was a very short process and very easy to understand. They help if you have any problems. They try to set you up with a payment you can afford and make it not so bad on you.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Repayment terms are affordable on a schedule that is convenient for our family; were skeptical at first since this was our first time with this loan company but everything has been smooth and problem free. Interest rate was fair and actually a bit lower than our hometown bank. We had researched several banks and loan services and found them to be very competitive which was a surprise for us. We assumed their rates would be higher. The application process was a breeze--easy, fast, and the approval was fast within 30 minutes which is a huge plus when we had a car selected that we wanted to buy. Options are given that make the repayment process much more flexible for our family. We were able to choose a date in the month which corresponded to our pay schedule and were able to get auto pay so we don't have to worry about mailing a check.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

Repayment terms were awesome I can repay financing loan at my own leisure thanks to super helpful staff and sales people that were able to assist me twenty-four seven. Interest rate was awesome. Let me fix my own rate and allowed me to set up like payment plans to again pay at my leisure. These guys are super lifesavers. Application process was easy least. Easy to fill out, no difficulty in understanding any hidden terms or prices and staff was there to help at every possible sign of trouble. Payment options were super sweet. Didn't have to pay it back in one big chunk. They allowed me to pay on my own terms which was super duper helpful.

Original review: May 22, 2004

In the used car section of their website, there are numerous scam artists posting ads for expensive cars such as BMW's that they are selling very cheaply. This is to attract anxious buyers. When you contact them, they say that the car is in Europe and must be delivered to the USA. I've never went completely through with a transaction, but they want you to send them the money and then they will ship you the car and the title that will never arrive. Please look into this matter as I'm concerned that many ignorant people are being scammed in this way. Thanks! P.S. The e-mail of the last scam artist that e-mailed me was **.

CarsDirect expert review by Tom Rains

CarsDirect has both new and used cars for sale. The site is able to provide auto financing for those with poor credit, no credit and any other level of credit. Leasing and refinancing are additional options. Because this site works with a high number of diverse dealerships nationwide, a wide range of cars are available to customers.

• 48-hour delivery: If you live in a qualifying ZIP code, CarsDirect will ship your new car to you in under 48 hours.

• New and used cars: Some online car buying sites specialize in new cars or used cars. CarsDirect has both, so you’ll have plenty of options to choose from.

• Financing for all credit levels: Financing isn’t just available for those with good or excellent credit. Even if you have poor credit, no credit or bankruptcy, you can receive financing through CarsDirect.

• Recently Viewed tab: The Recently Viewed tab lets you keep track of all the cars you have your eye on, so there’s no need to search for it again or risk losing track of it.

• Refinancing options: You can refinance existing car loans through CarsDirect. This allows you to replace an existing loan with a new one with better rates and terms.

Profile picture of Tom Rains
Tom Rains ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Tom Rains graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 2014 with a master’s degree in Professional Writing. Tom’s passion for delivering quality content fuels him to provide consumers with accurate, well-researched information on major life purchases.

CarsDirect Company Information