CarsDirect

Compare Auto Loans

Research top Auto Loans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

They are very generous with their repayment methods, very good customer service, good at answering any questions that you have. Good at solving any problems that may come up with your payment. They have a very good interest rate. They will provide options on different interests rates. They will give you a quote on your car. Good at helping you understand your interest rate.

The application process is not that difficult as some other insurance places. They will help you fill it out if you have any trouble, or if you have any problems with the application process. They offer different payment options, and will let you choose the best payment option that is best for you. They will answer any questions that you may have and will help you with your payment.

I have a great payment plan. Every now and then I pay it off through. I have a plan lasting about a year to pay off so I appreciate not having too long. It's an average rate. Not too much for me to pay big. I believe I have a great plan that meets my income standards and such. I feel as though it's the best plan. The process did not take up too much time. It was short and to the point. I did get a great understanding of what I was doing so I didn't feel rushed or unintelligent about it. There was a wide variety of options for me. I picked the best one for me that will not take too much of my funds and will be paid big quickly for me.

Repayment terms were far below what competitors were offering. Terms were too short and with very high interest. The first quote I received didn't cover my negative equity so I had a large repayment and out of pocket. Interest rates were far above what any other bank was offering me at the time. The person I spoke with tried to explain why, but it didn't make much sense to me. I just think they have a poor reputation from lenders. The application process was fairly straight forward. Standard questions followed by the standard credit check. Their response time was actually fairly quick on the application. There was a monthly payment option and that was it. No semi annual or annual installments and no other options to speak of. There isn't even a website to make your payment; has to be sent through the mail.

The repayment terms were easy and very helpful. They can set up your payments to fit your needs and will continue to work with you on getting the goal you have completed. This was a little less than what the banks were going to charge me. This fit my budget and the offer from them was too hard to hard not to accept. This was probably the fastest application process and the form was so easy to fill out. This was really a big load off my chest because at other companies this step seems to take forever. They will set up your payments to meet your goals because they truly want you to come back and buy from them. They seem to really care for your concerns.

The payments were a fair amount and the term of loan was about what I expected. The loan was one of several that I had explored and the one with the best terms. I was expecting a higher rate than I got for my credit score. Next time a loan is needed they will be in the running and will probably be the one I choose again. The application was your normal and simple application. Did not take a lot of time to complete, was done in less than 15 minutes. Nothing hard about it. The payments were reasonable and the terms of the loan with regards to the length and the interest were not too bad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarsDirect?

Repayment terms are great. They are open, unlike any other companies. However they keep their customers satisfied & I have no complaints, even though I'm a customer. Interest rate was very flexible, not uptight, just right. I'm a customer of the company & I know what I'm talking about, unlike others & seeing is believing. Application process was very easy, simple, easy to understand. There was nothing or any questions about or on it that would make it complicated or time-consuming. Payment options had an awesome graceful time period frame that other companies didn't & this company actually works with you, unlike others.

The repayment terms are very reasonable. They offer payment options based on your income. They also do adjustments for convenience purposes. The interest rate is pretty low but if payments are consistently late then the interest rate goes up. So pretty much you need to make all payments promptly. The application process is very fast especially if you have all of the required documents upfront. If you have to get more information then it will take longer. There are usually five payment plans. They accept cash, check and or credit card. I chose to use my credit card so my monthly payments are automatically coming out.

It's a great service. Very easy to use and a great company. They make it easy to get just what you need. Nothing more, nothing less. I’d recommend them. Not a bad interest rate. I thought it was very fair and well priced compared to others I had used before. I'd use them again if I needed to use one. Was a very short process and very easy to understand. They help if you have any problems. They try to set you up with a payment you can afford and make it not so bad on you.

Repayment terms are affordable on a schedule that is convenient for our family; were skeptical at first since this was our first time with this loan company but everything has been smooth and problem free. Interest rate was fair and actually a bit lower than our hometown bank. We had researched several banks and loan services and found them to be very competitive which was a surprise for us. We assumed their rates would be higher. The application process was a breeze--easy, fast, and the approval was fast within 30 minutes which is a huge plus when we had a car selected that we wanted to buy. Options are given that make the repayment process much more flexible for our family. We were able to choose a date in the month which corresponded to our pay schedule and were able to get auto pay so we don't have to worry about mailing a check.

Repayment terms were awesome I can repay financing loan at my own leisure thanks to super helpful staff and sales people that were able to assist me twenty-four seven. Interest rate was awesome. Let me fix my own rate and allowed me to set up like payment plans to again pay at my leisure. These guys are super lifesavers. Application process was easy least. Easy to fill out, no difficulty in understanding any hidden terms or prices and staff was there to help at every possible sign of trouble. Payment options were super sweet. Didn't have to pay it back in one big chunk. They allowed me to pay on my own terms which was super duper helpful.

In the used car section of their website, there are numerous scam artists posting ads for expensive cars such as BMW's that they are selling very cheaply. This is to attract anxious buyers. When you contact them, they say that the car is in Europe and must be delivered to the USA. I've never went completely through with a transaction, but they want you to send them the money and then they will ship you the car and the title that will never arrive. Please look into this matter as I'm concerned that many ignorant people are being scammed in this way. Thanks! P.S. The e-mail of the last scam artist that e-mailed me was **.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

CarsDirect has been in business since 1998 and has helped millions of customers get approved for car loans on new and used automobiles. The company also provides free advice to potential borrowers.

• Fast application processing: Cars Direct is known for their fast application processing time, it takes only 60 seconds to apply. It also has no obligation to accept the loan.
  • Bad credit car loans: They offer car loans to clients with poor credit and no credit. The interest terms and monthly payments are likely to be higher but it is a great way for people to get loans that might not otherwise qualify, and built or rebuild their credit.
  • Bankruptcy loans: The company also works with plenty of customers who have had to go through bankruptcies in order to help them improve their credit and get approved for a loan.
  • Online application: The application is easy to submit online and takes less than a minute. Customers only have to fill out a short application with details of their income, tax information and credit history in order to get a decision.
  • Wide network: They have a wide network of dealer partners that contacts users within 24 hours in order to discuss financing options.
  • Best for Those who need advice on getting a car loan for a new or used vehicle or have a poor credit history.

Compare Auto Loans