This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
CarsDirect is a car buying site that helps you find vehicles and auto loans in one place. The company itself does not sell cars or lend to buyers, but it can connect you with sellers in your area and lenders that meet your needs. CarsDirect can potentially help even if you have a low credit score or no credit score at all. The website is free to use while you shop or apply for a loan.
- Find new and used cars
- Free to use
- Lender network accepts poor credit
- Little published loan information
- Not a direct lender
CarsDirect is an online platform for vehicle shopping and finding an auto loan. You can use the site for free, but when it comes time to buy, you’ll need to work with the seller or lender directly.
What is CarsDirect?
CarsDirect is an online platform where you can shop for a car or apply for an auto loan. However, CarsDirect is not actually a lender or dealer. It’s a hub that helps connect you with lenders or dealerships that meet your needs.
When you visit CarsDirect online, you can find listings for used vehicles, build and price a new vehicle or submit a loan request. It doesn’t cost anything for you to use the site, and CarsDirect can potentially help find a lender even if you have a low credit score.
CarsDirect also provides tools and resources to help you find the right car, including deals on new and used vehicles. It has a guide to different manufacturers’ certified pre-owned programs, too.
How does CarsDirect work?
Since CarsDirect is not a lender or seller, you can’t buy a vehicle or secure a loan from CarsDirect itself. That said, finding your perfect car or connecting with a lender through CarsDirect is a relatively simple process.
To buy a new or used car, simply set your desired criteria, such as make, model and price range. CarsDirect shows you results that match your search. However, CarsDirect provides different results for new and used cars.
- New car results include information on the vehicle in question and the opportunity to get a custom price quote.
- Used car results are actual listings from local dealerships. Most listings include a photo, price, mileage and distance to your location. You can connect to the dealer through the listing and arrange to purchase the vehicle.
To apply for a loan through CarsDirect, start with the company’s 60-second auto loan request. This involves providing basic information, such as your name, age and residential info.
Once you submit your form, a CarsDirect partner should respond within 24 hours to discuss your financing options. The company can help you even if you have bad credit, no credit or a previous bankruptcy. CarsDirect also offers refinancing.
It costs nothing to use CarsDirect, but the cost of the services it connects you with are unique to your situation.
Vehicle pricing depends on your location, the make and model you choose, whether the vehicle is new or used and many other factors. The overall cost of your loan depends on your loan term and annual percentage rate (APR). To make sure you’re getting a good deal on your vehicle and financing, shop around and compare options from different sources.
- What kind of credit score do you need to buy a car from CarsDirect?
- CarsDirect can work with bad or nonexistent credit scores, even if you have a bankruptcy in your past.
- Can you lease a car with no money down from CarsDirect?
- Yes, it’s possible to qualify for a lease with no money down, but it takes good credit. However, you’ll likely still have to pay a security deposit. The upside is that you can potentially get this money back at the end of your lease.
- How long does it take to get a car on CarsDirect?
- The speed of your transaction depends on a number of factors, including the lender you connect with, whether you’re buying a new or used car and the seller you’re working with.
- Does CarsDirect offer auto refinancing?
- CarsDirect can help you refinance your auto loan, but, like with its other financing options, the loan is provided by a third party.
Is CarsDirect legit?
CarsDirect is a good way to shop for a new or used car, especially if you have poor credit. It’s a convenient hub that connects you to lenders and dealers. However, it’s up to you to research the lender and seller you’re working with before you commit. Also, remember to always compare prices and loan terms from multiple sources to make sure you’re getting a good deal.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,827,988 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
This site shows some extra information on vehicles that I couldn't find on other online car buying sites which makes looking more advantageous to my needs and gives me a great feeling when I looked to compare with other sites as well.
I was in search of buying used car but my budget was not allowing me to do this. However after observing my need my friends suggested me to visit Cars Direct. Initially I simply refused to do this but after a point of time after selling my car to OLX Cash My car, I visited them and Cars Direct simply understood my need and they had offered me the best deal. Thanks a lot for such an amazing service.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
The repayment terms were easy and very helpful. They can set up your payments to fit your needs and will continue to work with you on getting the goal you have completed. This was a little less than what the banks were going to charge me. This fit my budget and the offer from them was too hard to hard not to accept. This was probably the fastest application process and the form was so easy to fill out. This was really a big load off my chest because at other companies this step seems to take forever. They will set up your payments to meet your goals because they truly want you to come back and buy from them. They seem to really care for your concerns.
In the used car section of their website, there are numerous scam artists posting ads for expensive cars such as BMW's that they are selling very cheaply. This is to attract anxious buyers. When you contact them, they say that the car is in Europe and must be delivered to the USA. I've never went completely through with a transaction, but they want you to send them the money and then they will ship you the car and the title that will never arrive. Please look into this matter as I'm concerned that many ignorant people are being scammed in this way. Thanks! P.S. The e-mail of the last scam artist that e-mailed me was **.
CarsDirect Company Information
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- 909 North Sepulveda Blvd. 11th Floor
- El Segundo,
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.