Cars.com

• 3%
  • 2%
  • 51%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cars.com?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cars.com?
    Staff

Reviewed July 6, 2024

I purchased a lot of vehicles in my lifetime and Sam was the best salesman. Very helpful. Patient and courteous. I would highly recommend to friends and family! I'm so happy with my decisions. I'm confident as well.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed June 18, 2024

I wish I had come across this review site before I bought an ad on Cars.com to sell my car because I got the impression they were steering me toward accepting lowball offers from dealers instead of generating legitimate leads from individuals. In my experience with other listing sites, I typically receive numerous inquiries when the listing is fresh, then dwindling down as time goes on, but not with Cars.com, just the opposite. I got one legitimate lead three days before the listing expired, and sold the car to that person at a reduced price.

Get buying tips about Online Car Buying Sites delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Staff

Reviewed May 23, 2024

I recently purchased a 2012 Shelby Mustang GT500 Convertible from Exotic Motors Inc. I bought the car sight unseen since I live in Columbus Ohio. I asked many questions and viewed many photos. The car was delivered free to Ohio from Chicago area. The sales team was excellent and trustworthy. The car arrived as described and is simply beautiful. Thanks Exotic Motors Inc

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 13, 2023

I have used car dealer in Los Angeles, CA. I work with Cars.com for more than 10 years and never have any issue. From 4 months ago half of my inventory was not inline or online without pictures. I contact my rep Allen and request for adjustment on my bill. She was like, "No I cannot adjust the bill." Then my bill from $900.00 jump to $1350.00. I call again and she said, "If you sign the new contract we bring it down to $1000.00." We agree on that. And we adjust the bill on next month. She never send me any new contract and I call her again.

She said she will do it and she will have approval from her manager. I was like, "You said you have approval that way we agree." She said no and she will call me back. Again she didn't and when I called her she was like I send new contract but I can't adjust the previous months. I was like, "No this is not accepted and I need to talk to your manager. It's not my fault you didn't your job and play around." She said, "Ok I ask my manager to call me." They never did until last week someone called and he said he is her manager, also my new account manager. I told him all story and I have her phone record. He said, "Sorry, she is promoted and she never told me to call you. Anyway I can't give you any adjustment on your inventory not shows online and also I don't know how she give you discount. But if you sign the new contract I can agree on $1000.00 but I can not adjust previous months."

I didn't agree. I don't let anyone take advantage or play game with me. I don't play game and not let them to play. I forward all record to my credit card company and they hold all bills from the month we have issue and they charge me extra without my signature and approved on new price. I don't like to deal with liars and non- honest company.

Reviewed Nov. 13, 2023

I submitted my auto for an instant offer 11/8/23, but received an automated email from the dealer that was supposed to buy my car, about me buying one of their cars. (vs the other way around) Submitted again after 1st offer expired and the same dealer never bother to contact me a second time. After first incident Cars.com said, contact them yourself. After my second "instant offer" I did just that and couldn't get through to anyone 4 different times and extensions. This entire experience feels like one giant SCAM! Highly suspicious of them and their affiliate dealers and their practices.

Profile pic of the author.
      Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2023

I just bought a laser blue Mini Cooper S. 88 000. miles. I punched in my Vin and this automated lying machine said it had 97 000 miles. So there is lie #1. Second was my car if fully optioned to the gills. No broken plastic dings dents or any rips or tears. They valued it at 1800 to 3600? Are you complete scammers or what? I just bought it last month. Mileage fully documented. So even online the dealership is lying. This is why I only buy from owners. Not parasitic habitual scam artists. I'm not selling it anyways. I'm just goofing around. Sorry, we're not all broke and hard up to take your abusive business practices.

Reviewed Aug. 16, 2023

Cars.com misleads (lies to) customers by telling them that their "Autocheck" mileage is much greater than actual. My truck has 17,212 miles on it. I'm the original owner. When I entered the actual mileage, Cars.com responded with an error message that the actual reported autocheck mileage was 74,000. Absolutely not true. They also gave me by far the lowest value for my truck, by over $5000.

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed June 27, 2023

Cars.com has very poor customer service and generates very few good leads. We ran into several issues where deleted/sold vehicles would show back up for sale on their website out of the blue. We could not see them, remove them, or delete them from the backend where we have previously marked them sold. All requests to have them removed were ignored. This created confusion and made some customers angry.

Verified purchase
      Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed March 30, 2023

The prices in car sale posts made by private sellers o this platform are unfairly labeled as worse than identical cars with more mileage posted by dealers. My car at $65.5K and 20,100 miles is labeled as only a "good deal $731 under", while $69K car with 29K miles and $65.5K car with 25K miles are labeled as "GREAT DEAL $$$KKK under". This is an unfair advertising policy targeted to promote dealers who pay fees for their membership and posts, vs. private sellers who don't. #unfairpolicy #unfaircompetition #unfairdeceptivepractices

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2023

I have a dealership and I wanted to post my vehicles on their website. They said it's free, then I posted two vehicles and they said it's under review and within 24 hours it should be posted. Since that time my postings are not posted and they sending me advertisements of other vehicles. This means they are only trying to get people's emails addresses for their own benefit.

Cars.com Company Information