3.57/5

14 Cars.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 7, 2019

I like using Cars.com because it makes Shopping for a car quick, easy, and not overwhelming. I can see a lot more cars and look up information about them from my bed. I've really never had any issues with the website and it's easier to use and more helpful than most other sites that I've tried. Cars.com is definitely the best from their layout to their navigation to their features to their cars, their inventory everything they offer customers and how easy they make it to the shop. I've tried pretty much every website you can think of, and cars.com always comes out on top.

All of the other websites that I've tried to use to look for a new car so far have been unable to compare to Cars.com. Cars.com makes shopping for cars a lot more fun and exciting, instead of being overwhelmed, I feel helped him like information is right there spelled out for me. They give you a lot of information and it's not full of ads. Sometimes I wish they had more cars available or more features or options to filter your search for a car.

Original review: June 4, 2019

My overall experience went well. I enjoyed the smooth and easy process of looking for cars to purchase online. I liked that I was given many many options for my car search. I liked how easy to access the website it is. I liked how easy to navigate the website was as well. I chose to use this car site because of recommendations from family and friends and others who have previously used the site. I would like to see more customer reviews on the website and maybe a chat online option to speak to someone about the experience and to ask the questions I have at the time of browsing the site.

Get expert buying tips about Online Car Buying Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I recently purchased a 2017 Dodge Journey. I did extensive research prior to my purchase and found that Cars.com was very valuable in making my final decision. When I visited cars.com, I was pleasantly surprised and also thankful they knew exactly what tools I needed to find the best car for me. I found that it was very easy to find and compare multiple cars in my price range and the website was so easy to use. They make researching and buying a new or used car much easier than I thought it would be. I wouldn't change anything about the site. Everything you need is right there in one place.

Original review: June 1, 2019

They were super friendly and very helpful. The customer service was very helpful with any questions I had regarding the cars I was interested in. Also the site was very easy to maneuver which was very convenient. They have great deals and are very kind. I don't feel like they are trying to scam me for more money. I also have friends and family who have used this site before and had great success in finding a really nice car.

Original review: May 27, 2019

The website listed several cars in my price range that I really am interested buying. But I am not sure since they did not have the carfax available to me to look at. KBB lets me know more about the prices and the average costs than this site does. I would love to be able to have an average cost all over the United States for cars. But I love the fact that I could do baseline research on cars and pickups. But I still need more information about the cars and have the ability to test drive them too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cars.com?

Original review: June 6, 2019

It was a lot harder using a site than going to a car lot in person especially if it's a used car. I would not likely use a car site as my deciding factor to buy a car. I would have to go to the lot to confirm what I've seen through the site. The only thing is that Cars.com gives good pictures and the specs are described in great detail. The site is easy to maneuver and find things or information needed. Simple and straightforward. Just not enough to base my decision on. It was convenient in finding photos of what interests me and giving me similar options of what I'm looking for. Site that was recommended. It was not bad. But I can't talk to a representative and ask questions if needed. I would definitely need to go to the car lot to confirm if what I've seen on the site is correct.

Original review: June 5, 2019

The site needs improvement. I like cars.com because you can really see about getting a quality car and find out if the car works or not which is pretty good because if you went to a car dealership they may not even let you inquire further about if the vehicle has problems or not. The only thing I dislike about this site is that there's a lot of people who are not serious about buying a vehicle. They will act interested but they will not want to buy anything. They would rather you give them the car for free. Well I don't think so because it costs money to buy a car. Plus you have to take care of the car too.

Original review: May 30, 2019

It was good experience. You could search several different options and look by the location of where you are at. It was an easy to use site with very little lag time on the page and it was very informative about each car's details. I like the variety of filters you can use. You could put in the price, versus the type of car, Make, model, color. Different features you would want versus the years and everything. But sometimes the information isn't as good. If the cars are no longer available it doesn't let you know so if you go to the shops it's not there.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I loved being able to look up specifics like price range and year. The variety of choices were also nice, I'm very picky about prices so that was perfect! Also, I like the detail of what to search and seeing the actual car picture. I like scrolling through being able to cancel out the ones I don't want. I like how many choice are available! I would disapprove if they don't have reviews of the site. I would remove the ads from the website. The look could be a little more appealing, when it comes to the actual website to draw in customers.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I used websites for purchasing car I wanted to purchase. The dealer AMG was horrible after I bought car. I can’t get any satisfaction and Better Business Bureau was not helpful. I don’t know who can help.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I found this site a great reference for new and used SUV shopping. Large selection and good vehicle specifications. Then I compared my research with CR - Consumer Reports. I always trust CR, period.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Cars.com always provides accurate info on identified cars. Among the 6 or more sites that I use, Cars.com appears to be most accurate as to current availability. The site is also one of the best as to user friendly.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I began to utilize Cars.com when shopping for a vehicle to replace my Jetta TDI. I was immediately struck with the broad vehicle selection. Even better was the fact that the site gives a direct link to the various dealers. I was able to select vehicles interested in, and compare the differences. Cars.com was instrumental in my vehicle purchase. Sometimes, I visit the site just to browse, and gather information on offerings. Great site!

Original review: April 12, 2019

Cars.com is great because it provides a huge inventory of quality cars. Further it provides all the information you need about the cars and what they look like. This includes providing specific retailers in the area you live that sell the car you are looking for.

Cars.com Company Information