2. Automotive
  3. Car Buying Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.22/5

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Cars.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cars.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cars.com?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Shopping for a car from this website is very easy, this website is Super User friendly. I use to go to other random website to see cars, but not all of them were good because there's always a scam situation. With Cars.com there is no worries. The details of the car is very easy to understand and you can always filter out the things you need or don't need. Very simple and easy.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I usually go to the dealership of the car online. But some times I'll google what I'm looking for and then different site pop up. I look for people's comments or stars and click that site then I look for all of the options that I want. But I have certainly used autotrader. We sold a vehicle on cars.com. That was a smooth transactions. Shopping more and more online- everyone. Safer and all.

Get buying tips about Online Car Buying Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2020

Cars.com is a very popular and creditable site. I have a few troubles with it though. Firstly, any vehicles are not close enough. I requested 50 miles or closer and received cars 65 or more. In this requested I have no particular cars just all available. Secondly, a lot of the prices were a little bit over to 250 dollars over. I have tried other sites and became overwhelmed with sales and warranties. I'll still use Cars.com to make a decision on my car.

Original review: June 6, 2020

I hate going on a car lot when the business is open but in turn, I can't always find out the information I want to know. I've used Cars.com to look for a vehicle that we are interested in and that's in my area and price range. I make my list of vehicles and where they are plus the particulars. I then can get a visual on the vehicle, without pressure from salespeople and then go back to drive the one or ones I've found fit what I'm looking for best.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I really enjoy shopping for cars on Cars.com. They make it fun and easy to look for the car of your dreams or maybe even a car you never even dreamed of buying before. This site works more like a tool to shop for cars rather than just place to browse cars and make a decision on what to buy. I don't think there's another source of information that I've learned more about cars from than at Cars.com.

Original review: March 18, 2021

I purchased a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek in good faith that would be the color that was advertised. It was supposed to be blue even though every photo of it appeared to purple. I was very clear that I didn't want a black vehicle. Once it was delivered, I noticed it was black. I paid to have it inspected at the Subaru dealership and discovered it needed $1300 worth of repair for break pads, rotors, air filters, the correct wiper blades, etc. They paid for the repairs but never once tried to make things right for fraudulently advertising this vehicle as the wrong color. I will never purchase a car online again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I listed my car on Cars.com in December. I got a couple of messages but no sale yet so in January I went to renew the listing and was told they no longer allow private listings?? This was annoying enough by itself as it was not communicated to me at all while I painstakingly set up and ran my ad. So I asked a chat rep, they explained it was a new policy and I was obviously frustrated & asked "what the -- for?"

Their response was "I'd tell you but you swore at me"... obviously I swore in frustration at the company, not the rep. This was a petty, terrible response. Cars.com has moved on from caring about individuals with NO explanation. Because of this, I will not be using the site to shop anymore and I hope dealerships will notice that.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

After going through the whole process of signing up, giving them the VIN and all the car details plus the CC# and then OKing the listing, I hit the LIST button. And got the verification email. The next day I went back to update the photos and was not able to edit the listing so I went to a live chat. Only to be told that Cars.Com had decided to not list private ownership cars at this time. My car had never been listed. Their policy, I found out had been in affect (effect?) for a while. The Chat person said "Sorry, anything else I can help you with?" I inquired about my personal info and CC# only to be met with silence. I then went to the site and yes, they are asking people to Sell Your Car. I was able to delete my listing.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I listed my car for months and paid the fee. I included lots of beautiful pictures and a low price to go with it and still couldn't get it sold. I barely received 1 lead the whole entire time. Would not use again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Posted my car and it didn't accept all of my photos then wouldn't allow me to delete or upload new ones. Contacted customer service and Mr. ** was completely unhelpful. He ended my contact while I still needed help and had a question to be answered telling me to delete my ad if I didn't like it. I paid to be insulted by some guy making minimum wage. Not worth your time or money to deal with this scam of a site.

Cars.com Company Information