3.7/5 (199 ratings)
Find a Car Buying Sites partner

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About CarGurus

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

CarGurus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarGurus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarGurus?

Original review: March 14, 2022

I like this site. It’s very informative and I like that they give you the pricing comparison vs. retail and then lists them from best to worse. I also enjoy the information on the vehicle which helps in your car buying decision. The site seems to run faster on my phone than the other sites. The dealer contact info. is nice and not intrusive. It just makes the whole process easier which can be stressful and timely.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I found the car I am driving on CarGurus. The site offered me the information required to make an informed decision. I was able to get the car I wanted with low mileage and at the price I wanted to pay. With CarGurus I was able to compare the various offerings at nearby locations in the convenience of my home. After a quick trip to the car lot I drove home with my new purchase. I would definitely recommend CarGurus!

Get buying tips about Online Car Buying Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I found it easy to find a car with CarGurus and they also listed already bought cars. Easy to use. You can add what you want and how far you're willing to drive, price and color. It's great. I got a car in Sacramento CA so not too far where I live. Bless you.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I have used CarGurus on several occasions. In the last few years, I have used the site to research vehicle values in our region when dealing with insurance claims. The site does a great job and is very interactive. The site proved to be a very reliable source of information.

Original review: June 19, 2021

Hatem was very gracious, and delivers on his cars. Small upgraded selection, so he can focus on his customers needs, making sure he's fulfilling what you're looking for. He worked with us, to make sure we had a safe, and great ride. Definitely recommend, and if we ever need another car, we'll be back.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I listed my car yesterday but is not working on the website, my car is not listed, I paid and I spoke with support and they told me, to try later, refresh my browser... I am doing this for 30 hours, incredible how the customer is ignored.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I gave CarGurus $24.95 to list my car. I had a lot of problems uploading the photos. I had to do them one at a time which was extremely nerve-racking. 14 days time I had three people contact me on the first 48 hours. Two guys that wanted more photos. Never even read my replies or got back to me and one person locally that wanted to give me an estimate for my car. Now the listing shows as sold on CarGurus which is pretty interesting being it still sitting on my front driveway. My guess is they do that to try to make it seem like people actually sell their cars on there and I’m sure they do but I just see it as a waste of time and money.

Original review: April 13, 2022

CarGurus is in the pocket of the dealers. Their pricing of privately selling vehicles is a good $3000-$3500 less than the published KBB pricing. They clearly are in the pocket of the dealers and when this issue was raised to them they acted like they didn’t know about it and couldn’t do anything about it. No private seller should ever use CarGurus.

Original review: March 24, 2022

Having read their publicity about selling cars more quickly than Auto Trader, I created an ad, paid the listing fee and the upgraded $20 priority listing fee. I used the price they suggested. Five buyers contacted me...One with a offer at 40% of the listing, one at 60%, one a general inquiry, two "accepted" the price. In every case, when I wrote back and asked for the funds, the "buyers" disappeared (except the one offering 40% of the list price). On several occasions I wrote to CarGurus support for help, about half the questions received responses, generally after a couple of days. Frustrated, I look on line for an alternative and found TRED. You can go to that site for my review (or via Google reviews) of that car selling service, which truly exceptional.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

When I listed my truck last year, it was simple. I listed a car last week; I had to pay. Ok, no big deal, it is just $4.95. But, it doesn't really seem to be getting many views. I did, yesterday, finally get someone interested, and, I was able to reply to him. This morning, I went to check to see if he responded back (because we were discussing meeting TODAY), and I notice an email that I have to verify with a photo that I'm no scammer. Better do that real quick, I thought, so I can get in touch with this potential seller! I submitted my photo. Then guess what the page says??? It says, we will let you know within 2 business days!!!

Today is Friday and there is NO WAY to access my messages without this verification that should have been asked about WHEN I LISTED THE VEHICLE. So, now, I lost a potential buyer and I have to wait until (probably) Tuesday to have my listing reapproved, which means, that for 3-4 days, it has been removed from the site, for review, even though I paid money to list it.

CarGurus Company Information