Find a Car Buying Sites partner

3. Car Buying Sites

3.3/5 (62 ratings)
Find a Car Buying Sites partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About CarGurus

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

CarGurus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarGurus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarGurus?

Original review: June 19, 2021

Hatem was very gracious, and delivers on his cars. Small upgraded selection, so he can focus on his customers needs, making sure he's fulfilling what you're looking for. He worked with us, to make sure we had a safe, and great ride. Definitely recommend, and if we ever need another car, we'll be back.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I looked up many car on Cargurus and found many I liked as they have a wide variety of cars. I found one and spoke with the dealership put a down payment and they brought the car to me. Everything was taken care of for me. It was easy convenient and I would definitely buy another car through Cargurus. I highly recommend this dealership.

Get buying tips about Online Car Buying Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

CarGurus is basically a vehicle locator/advertiser. They provide the basic info, location, etc. I purchased a (new) 7 month old Mercedes from a dealer with 5,000 miles. Dealer said it had been an "executive demonstrator". Later found out it had been a leased vehicle and a loaner. It had been damaged and repaired by the dealer. This type of info is not available to CarGurus if the dealer doesn't disclose it. Just something to be aware of.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

The site itself is well designed and easy to navigate, the problem I have is the pricing guide off to the side, telling the potential purchaser that it’s a great, good, fair or poor deal Price wise. This lulls the potential buyer into a false sense of the car's price so they won’t go to KBB or nada to accurately price the car, furthermore the price guide is wildly inaccurate being off by 2-3k or more. Car Gurus please fix this feature.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

During my recent search for a late model used car, I found this site very helpful. The selection process was very comprehensive and the search results were updated regularly. The information provided including vehicle history and CarFax results were most helpful. I recommend them to searchers,

Original review: June 21, 2021

I got ZERO hits using CarGurus to sell a car. I had the same listing on Facebook marketplace (for free) and got hits every day. The main reason I signed up for CarGurus was their claim that you could get paid securely through their app/site. Before I took my car off, I tried to do that just to see how it worked and only then did it tell me it wasn't supported because my car was selling for too much. Funny how it didn't mention that when I was paying for the service. Bottom line - this site is a waste of time and money.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Tried to sell my car on here and did everything they asked even verified my identity. My car wasn't getting as much attention as I had hoped so I paid the extra $20 to have my listing featured and the next day right in the middle of messaging 3 potential buyers who were very interested they took my listing down. Said I needed to write some letters on a piece of paper, put it on the windshield, open one of the front doors and take a picture so they could verify I wasn't trying to scam some... Like are you freaking kidding me!!! The picture of my ID, vin plate and license plate wasn't enough??? They cater to the dealers. It's almost like they make it hard for you to sell your car so you'll just trade it in.

Original review: May 20, 2021

The only way to efficiently shop for cars is to use the filters. You put the minimum price as anything above nothing and even still there are thousands of vehicles listed with no price. Don’t list without a price. Even if you select the sort by and sort by most expensive even still all of the vehicles listed without a price are still on the top. Just fucking take the god damn vehicles with no prices off the fucking website. Why would you post a car without a price and no pictures, is there really a car? Why would I shop for something that gives you no information. Don’t post with a price don’t post without pictures. Fuck whoever started doing this shit. Fuck CarGurus I’ll never ever ever use them again they’re are not efficient at all.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Do not take CarGurus up on their 2 month free trial as you will be charged for 1 month if you cancel at the end of the free trial - I have not sold one car from their free trials and will never deal with them again - waste of time.

Original review: April 6, 2021

I tried to list my car. I paid the fees needed by them but I did not pay the premium as I did not want to. I got a link. However when I search for my listing as a general person by giving the zipcode and limiting the miles from zip code, I did not see my listing. I looked at least 300+ miles from my place and still did not see my listing. I tried to call the helpdesk and I got a VM saying they are not able to take my call. I left a message and did not hear anything. I think their aim to make sure we go for premium listing. I felt always the dealer's vehicles were given more importance. I dont think I will go with Cargurus again. A big thank you to Cargurus for learning my lesson.

CarGurus Company Information