3.8/5 (229 ratings)
Find a Car Buying Sites partner

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About CarGurus

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

CarGurus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarGurus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarGurus?

Original review: July 20, 2022

I sold my 2012 Acura TL to CarGurus. They offered more than CarMax or Carvana, and picked my car up at my house as scheduled. The inspector/driver was very good at his job. He was done in about 20 minutes with the paperwork and inspection. I signed the bill of sale on my phone and less than 24 hours later the cash was in my bank account. Very smooth and professional at every step. I am very pleased with the whole process. I received about 1,800 more than what Tesla was offering for my Acura on trade-in.

Original review: March 14, 2022

I like this site. It’s very informative and I like that they give you the pricing comparison vs. retail and then lists them from best to worse. I also enjoy the information on the vehicle which helps in your car buying decision. The site seems to run faster on my phone than the other sites. The dealer contact info. is nice and not intrusive. It just makes the whole process easier which can be stressful and timely.

Get buying tips about Online Car Buying Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I found the car I am driving on CarGurus. The site offered me the information required to make an informed decision. I was able to get the car I wanted with low mileage and at the price I wanted to pay. With CarGurus I was able to compare the various offerings at nearby locations in the convenience of my home. After a quick trip to the car lot I drove home with my new purchase. I would definitely recommend CarGurus!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I found it easy to find a car with CarGurus and they also listed already bought cars. Easy to use. You can add what you want and how far you're willing to drive, price and color. It's great. I got a car in Sacramento CA so not too far where I live. Bless you.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I have used CarGurus on several occasions. In the last few years, I have used the site to research vehicle values in our region when dealing with insurance claims. The site does a great job and is very interactive. The site proved to be a very reliable source of information.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I am in the price of purchasing a much sought after pickup. Found the perfect truck on CG from private seller. Everything is good so far. Pictures, VIN, mileage, history; all provided. The issue is the actual buying process. It is not geared towards virtual no contact buying/selling. The chat with my seller disappeared. The vehicle info and pictures-gone. My money? Gone as well with no vehicle. No bill of sale or receipt and T2 support is a joke! Look but do NOT buy thru CarGurus unless you are able to complete everything in person.

Original review: July 7, 2022

I sold my car to them so they didn’t explain me the money they offer was for pay my car pay off. The guy came to do inspection in my car and told me for sign the email as was receiving in the same moment. I didn’t have a time to read the document that was saying this. In this moment I call to them and they said, "I’m sorry we can’t do nothing now becaue you when signed you agreed." Really disappointed I gave my car for free.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I decided to see watch’s out there regarding a model of Nissan in 2019. I saw a few, all higher than my price range, so left the site. Within 5 minutes, I got a call from a salesman at a Eugene Nissan dealer. I said “not interested” and hung up. I sent them a Chat message saying that I did not want to be contacted, I wasn’t going to buy a car at current high prices, and received an email reply telling me that they have cars they think I might be interested in! I would not recommend this website unless you want car dealers calling and emailing you!

Original review: April 21, 2022

I listed my car yesterday but is not working on the website, my car is not listed, I paid and I spoke with support and they told me, to try later, refresh my browser... I am doing this for 30 hours, incredible how the customer is ignored.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I gave CarGurus $24.95 to list my car. I had a lot of problems uploading the photos. I had to do them one at a time which was extremely nerve-racking. 14 days time I had three people contact me on the first 48 hours. Two guys that wanted more photos. Never even read my replies or got back to me and one person locally that wanted to give me an estimate for my car. Now the listing shows as sold on CarGurus which is pretty interesting being it still sitting on my front driveway. My guess is they do that to try to make it seem like people actually sell their cars on there and I’m sure they do but I just see it as a waste of time and money.

CarGurus Company Information