2. Automotive
  3. Car Buying Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.59/5

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on Everquote

Get started

CarGurus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarGurus?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarGurus?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

The site itself is well designed and easy to navigate, the problem I have is the pricing guide off to the side, telling the potential purchaser that it’s a great, good, fair or poor deal Price wise. This lulls the potential buyer into a false sense of the car's price so they won’t go to KBB or nada to accurately price the car, furthermore the price guide is wildly inaccurate being off by 2-3k or more. Car Gurus please fix this feature.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I have bought 3 cars and sold 2 cars here. I most recently used their autopay system (when I sold my car) where CarGurus handled everything concerning the buying process. No concerns about fake cashier's checks or scams - they take care of checking the title, acting as the go-between with the money, paying off the lien (if there is one), and providing $75,000 worth of coverage (should anything go wrong). It went seamlessly and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. And all of that is included in the $29.95 price to sell your car. That also includes a FedEx prepaid label (if needed, and my buyer was out-of-state) to send the title and bill of sale to the buyer. I've bought 2 cars from dealers using CarGurus, one was 400 miles away and the other was 60 miles away. Cars listed on here get great visibility too. I had a hard-to-find car (the one I just sold), and had 3 serious inquiries within an hour of my listing, and one of them ended up being the buyer.

Get buying tips about Online Car Buying Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2020

I've used this site for approximately 5 yrs. now, continually "just seeing what is out there". They break down the options more than any other site, including doing an evaluation as to "DEAL RATINGS... Great Deal, Good Deal, Overpriced, etc." They have more search options than most sites so you could limit your search down to color of the vehicle. Some of the ads even show the seller info so you can contact seller direct with-out using their site and not knowing for sure the seller was contacted (which HAS happened on other sites). Want financing? Some ads even show it might be available. I still use other sites, but this one is FIRST!

Original review: June 11, 2020

This is an excellent online company. They give links to contact listing person or company. An excellent coverage of what each car has and the ability to ask for more if needed. The photos for each car, if available, are excellent. They also let the potential buyer ask for more. The seller can contact you, if requested, by phone, text or email. They use symbols as well as text to let the buyer know what that particular vehicle has to offer. I have been contacted by a seller more than one time when requested.

Original review: June 10, 2020

This site was instrumental in helping us find a suitable car for our new driver. He was specific in what he wanted and the ability to "drill down" on types of vehicles was especially helpful. The added benefit of the price rating of the vehicles let us know if we would be potentially getting a good deal. Obviously, there are many facets of a "good" car deal, one being the quality of the car itself, but knowing immediately that the pricing is fair is a great start!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

Looked at two G37s for sale. Both cars in the Car Gurus ad had "No issues" In the prior damage history. Carfax on the other hand had "Major damage" on one from a Ford dealer in Mendon MA and a front end crash on the other G37 in Raynham MA. Who or whatever they are using to assess damage history on is 100% not reliable.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

During my recent search for a late model used car, I found this site very helpful. The selection process was very comprehensive and the search results were updated regularly. The information provided including vehicle history and CarFax results were most helpful. I recommend them to searchers,

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

The app has spyware and it will invades your privacy even when you are at home. I do not suggest this app it hasn’t been accredited and do not recommend the app for anyone!! It shows up on your commercials after you download the app when you never seen a commercial before!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Drove 2 hours to purchase a car that was not as pictured on CarGurus and did not come with the equipment stated in the ad. Dealership informed us they don't directly post on CarGurus and they have nothing to do with them.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Per cost per lead they are more expensive than "every vendor" combined. They only allow 30 leads a car. They sell your customers to Carvana with pops-up. That's why your leads have dropped. Huge scam, biggest ripoff.

CarGurus Company Information