2. Mortgages

4.8/5 (431 ratings)

About Caliber Home Loans

Caliber Home Loans offers conventional mortgages, government home loans and refinancing options. The company’s services are available nationwide, and it prioritizes financial education by providing free resources on homebuying and lending on its website. Caliber Home Loans has a minimum credit score requirement of 620 for all applicants.

Pros

• Nationwide loan consultants
  • Provides educational resources
  • Offers FHA, USDA and VA home loans

Cons

• Loan rates not available online
  • Minimum credit score of 620

Bottom Line

Caliber Home Loans is a good choice for homebuyers with a credit score above 620. Its wealth of loan and refinancing options are ideal for buyers interested in putting down less upfront or lowering their monthly payment.

Caliber Home Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Caliber Home Loans Inc.?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Brandy and her team did an outstanding job with our home loan. They streamlined the process, were on point with communication and answered every question throughout. I cannot recommend them enough or thank them enough for all they did to make this process manageable.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

They were all confident and knew what to do, we never had doubts regarding the process. It was friendly, concise and efficient. We originally started with them for our mortgage loan and when it came to refinancing we went through them again. Why turn away from great service and great customer experience. I have recommended friends to inquire with them to get the best experience,

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

All of Caliber representatives are professional, knowledgeable and capable. Pleasant and helpful every step of the way. I believe I received the best rate and terms available for my loan and my qualifications. I am pleased with my loan and the service.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Bill ** and his team were phenomenal throughout the entire process. We had a home built over an extended period of time and they were always so responsive and were quick to answer any and all questions that we had. They were able to get us an interest rate that we never thought was possible. They made the home buying process so much easier!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I give the Dustin ** team 5 stars because truly, my experience could not have been better. Every step of the way, Sara and Marcie were helpful, communicative, professional and enjoyable to work with. I am also a Realtor, and their team is now my most highly recommended lender partner.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Fast and very helpful. We had to buy a home from across the country and time was critical. They were always available and went above and beyond to answer questions. Attempted another loan company at roughly the same time and would not have gotten the house had we used them.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

My experience with Caliber Loans was extremely favorable. They are very responsive, communicative and professional. The process was swift and smooth. I especially appreciated the digital document signing. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a painless loan process.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

From the first day I contacted them they was respectful and gave Estimate for my mortgage loan on my monthly payment! Amazing with the customer service. Any time I call them they pick up my phones and answers all the questions. I feel them like a team work with me. They help me purchase my first house and they process all easy way.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I would highly recommend Michael and Rebecca. Rebecca made me feel valued and was so communicative throughout the whole process. She responded quickly and explained things in a way I could understand. I felt very supported by her. Great company and people!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

It was a pleasure to deal with the entire team from the initial contact through every step of the process. The communication was excellent and all details were taken care of. We would use them again and recommend them to family and friends.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Travis and Nikki were great to work with. I used them on a refi of my personal home. Their communication and timeliness was awesome during the entire process of the transaction. When I had questions they were able to answer them and expand in areas to help me understand the best route for me to take.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

What a refreshing experience we had with Caliber Home Loans! They actually looked at our application and found the best rate available. They worked with the builder to get required information. Kelvin was in touch with us constantly on the status of the loan. What a pleasant experience, customer service to the max!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I worked with Diana ** and she made the whole process of refinancing my home so easy. I wouldn't go to anyone else! Diana is so knowledgeable, kind, easy to get in touch with, and I trust her. This whole process is so out of my element and working with Diana and Caliber made it a breeze! I highly recommend Caliber.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I had the absolute best experience during my initial discussion with Tina **, located in your Downers Grove, Illinois location. She is incredibly intelligent, easy to work with, highly skilled, and an absolute pleasure to refer to friends and family. I’ve purchased at least seven or eight homes in my 30 years as a homeowner, and working with Tina was the absolute smoothest & by FAR best experience we’ve ever had. She’s a keeper! Caliber Home Loans is lucky to have her.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Kathy was amazing. Kathy understood we have never been through this process before. She made everything as easy as possible and always gave a explanation for everything as it happened. She gets things done is in a extremely timely manner!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

My husband and I had a very good experience with Caliber. Sharon is super good when it comes to answering any questions one has. She is really on the ball. I would highly recommend Caliber to others who are looking to purchase a home.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

We would recommend Caliber Home Loans, specifically, Greg ** team, to others. They were quick to respond to questions, and especially to anything that was time sensitive. All our questions were answered along the way, and they worked hard to make each step of the way as smooth as possible. We would use their services again.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

We appreciate the care that Paul and his staff took in completing our mortgage refinance. It was a great experience and will save us a lot of money. If you need a mortgage, Paul ** and Caliber Mortgage should be your go-to lender.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Everyone at the office was very helpful with all my questions as a first time buyer. Made me feel comfortable, not just like another number. The whole process has been a great experience, and would happily recommend family and friends.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

The process with Caliber was the easiest and most enjoyable I've ever experienced. Todd ** and his team were outstanding to work with and made what is normally an arduous process very easy and a breeze. The people were nice, knew what they were doing and communicated very responsively and in simple terms.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I closed on my loan 10/11, I haven’t received loan statements, I can’t access them online it is 11/23 and my first payment is due 12/01. Last call I made I was told it would be available 11/21. This has been a stressful process.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Caliber was great. They answered every question no matter how often we had one. Steve and his staff were top notch. They made the whole process a breeze. I would fully recommend them. They helped with insurance and every aspect.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Andy is the best mortgage consultant I've worked with. He got me amazing rates, made the process seamless and was very responsive to questions and concerns. I would recommend Andy to anyone looking to finance or refinance a home purchase without reservation!

Hyung

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Had one of the most amazing and hassle free experience with Caliber and the most important thing was that they were there to answer any of my queries or questions and help out in every possible way any point of the day and time.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Caliber Loans was great to work with. They really helped me out. They gave me a great loan and rate. My loan officer Christine was awesome. She also pointed me to the realtor I ended up using to buy my first house. All in all I don't think I would have had as good an experience had I went anywhere else. Their whole team was great.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Shawn and the team were outstanding. They assisted every step of the way. The process was well laid out and step by step assistance was give. Deadlines and submissions were laid out in a timely manner. Highly recommend Caliber for a loan.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Amazing experience right from the start! The team kept me updated with progress and helped me get across the settlement table on time! Wonderful experience. I have already recommended them multiple times! I will never go with another company for any of my mortgage needs.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

We've selected Caliber to perform several mortgage transaction for us after being introduced by a realtor friend. We would not think about going somewhere else for our needs.. Professional, integrity, speed, experts at what they do, highest consumer satisfaction to the end,,.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Brogan went through hell and back to get us into our new home as fast as possible. Through all the difficulties and challenges, he made the process easy and efficient!! Buyer beware when signing, as they do try to slide in a disclosure form to send your phone number and email to marketers after signing with no “opt out box”.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Brandon and Hannah were unbelievable in what they accomplished for our family. I will refer everyone I know to use him and his team. We knew going into this it would be tough but it got done and it was pretty much unstressful.

Caliber Home Loans Company Information