Wal-Mart Vision Center

Compare Eyeglasses Online

Research top Eyeglasses Online recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been getting my.prescription eye glasses from Walmart vision center since 2009. Never had a problem until now. I moved to Glendale Arizona and went to the Vision Center located at 5605 W Northern Ave, Glendale, AZ 85301. I was shopping and stopped in the vision center to set up an appointment. The woman wouldn't get out of her chair to talk to me. She said, "You come here with your insurance card." She told me they don't take my insurance. I told her yes they do.

I have the same insurance for 15 years and have been getting my glasses since 2009. She said it's different here in Arizona. Long story I left, called my insurance, Walmart accepts my insurance, called back Walmart, spoke to a man, made an appointment. Had my eye exam. Picked out frames. I was never offered the add-ons (anti-glare, polycarbonate, etc...). I messaged my daughter who is a manager of a Walmart vision center in another state to see what my current glasses were. I pick up the glasses and the weight of them made them fall own to the end of my nose!! Worse when I sweat, it's hot and sunny here almost every day in Arizona.

I went back to the vision center to show them the frames weren't going to work, told the employee they are falling down and when I put them where they need to be my eyelashes are hitting the lenses. The employee takes the glasses in the back and did something with the frames because they were warm. They fit more snug but still the problem of my eyelashes. He says "you aren't wearing the glasses right". I said, "What??" This is how I wear my glasses. He moves them down a little on my nose and the top of the glasses were in my line of vision. He kept arguing so I left and tried to make the glasses work. Nope. Same thing kept happening.

I go back again (3rd time now) and tell another employee that I need to exchange the frames and why. He told me I can't. I said, "Yes you can. There is a 6-month guarantee you offer." He said that's only on the lenses. I told him, "That is not true. I've been getting my glasses at Walmart since 2009!" He said he needs a manager approval, "She is on break. You will have to wait." I said okay. I messaged my daughter and again another lie. He didn't need manager approval. Manager comes back after 20 minutes and helps someone before me. A lady next to me starts chatting and I told her my daughter is a manager of a vision center.

As soon as the employee heard this he comes directly over to me (He never talked to the manager about my issues because I watched). He says "okay you can pick out new frames but they have to be the exact same price." I said my benefit covers up to 70 dollars. These frames were only 48. They refused to let me use my full benefit. Messaged my daughter. Another lie. I could pick out any frames, does not have to be the same price. My daughter said they are being lazy and didn't want to do a corrected claim. The employee also said it would take 4-6 weeks if I get frames that are a different price and if I add anything on. Another lie!

Talked to my insurance company. It's the same day!! They refused to let me get different price frames and my daughter had to call the manager and tell her she is a manager and knows how it works and to add on anti-glare. By the way my insurance doesn't cover any add-ons so I pay out of pocket. My daughter recommended I call 1-800-walmart. I was told on the first call I would receive a call no later than 3 days from either the marketing manager or the regional manager.

I have called 4 times in the past month and no one has ever called to resolve this issue!! Each time I've called told the same thing. I will receive a call within 3 days. Still no call!! I talked to my insurance company and was told to get my money back for the anti glare, refund the glasses, then call the insurance back and they will restore my benefits immediately!! No 4-6 weeks. I was told lie after lie by the employee and the manager. I will NEVER EVER go to any Walmart vision center again. The glasses they made me get are so ugly and cheaply made!! Picture below. I'm going to Walmart today to refund these glasses. I can guarantee they will give me major problems but I can also guarantee I will not leave without my refund.

The sales person tried to sell me an upgrade without explaining why there was an upgrade cost. Like just pay for it and don't ask questions. So I called Eye Med in front of him and found out that regular lenses were covered in the plan with a $10 co-pay, so I asked for that. He smirked at me and put in the wrong prescription for computer glasses of which I did not know and took my frames which he said he needed them and I had to wait almost 2 weeks. When I went there found out it was wrong and tried them out at home they were still not right and bought them back for a refund. They gave me a hard time and tried to sell me more on a bad prescription. A bunch of con artists.

I had 12:30 appointment (after waiting 2 weeks for an appt). Arrived at 12:30. Stood by register waiting on available associate which took 15 min for anyone to acknowledge my existence. So at 12:45 I was told I'd have to reschedule because my appointment was at 12:30!! I said I arrived at 12:30. She said "I know but Dr already left for lunch now & rest of day booked up"!!!

So this is my experience with Walmart Vision Center in Plano TX 6000 Coit Rd. So I went there with my kids to get new glasses. Oh well. So there 2 ladies (Russian) one working scanning items slower than slow. Ask her if she could help. She said no she doing some. The other one went straight to the back. Couldn't even ask her for help... Mhhhh really. Then another customer came in and out of the nowhere both ladies jumped up to help this other customer. I looked and ask why she get the help not us... Both looked at me and didn't said a thing. I got very upset. So I told them, "So this is how you handle customer service. You don't want my money? Fine. I go somewhere else." Guess what. The other place jumped for my kids. Made them feel really good. To walmart vision center you need to work on your customer service or get new people.

Negatives: Lab filled prescription for Single Vision Transitions Drivewear wrong. 1. Ophthalmologist checked lenses. I had complained on puck up lenses seemed too strong. Ophthalmologist confirmed lenses were filled to -1.50 instead of -1.25 and would have damaged my eyes over time. Lens also has a defect - when I look left for oncoming traffic, I feel instant vertigo and immediately have to remove glasses. Not safe to use to drive. Taking back. I've had them three days. (Day 1 picked up in afternoon)

Day 2: Complained about no Authenticity card came with Transitions lenses! Woman (name not here for her privacy) who has worked their five years says she had never seen those, gave those out, nor was she ever asked for it. WHY would it be up to a customer to know to ask for this? I learned about it calling Transitions because of the left lens problem! Rest of day was back and forth with Transitions and corporate office for National Vision looking for someone who could help with left lens problem and issuing the authenticity card. Corporate office called the store - after telling me they don't know about the cards - and finally store came up with a "scratch off" numbered card. Picked that up.

Transitions by the way was WONDERFUL (!!!) to deal with and so helpful. All positives there. The CS woman Jennifer told me she thinks the base curve in left lens was off causing the problem. Went back to Walmart in afternoon of Day 2 to pick up card. Told same woman there the left lens is still a problem. She looked at lens up to light and declared that 'since she didn't see a problem the problem did not exist.' Checked with COSTCO to see if they could do the lenses if I kept the frames. They can't because the lens is curved. Said it's the wrong type of frame to have a good lens result.

Day 3: took glasses to ophthalmologist. He checked glasses. Determined prescription was off. Write a note for store to "redo the lenses." He also encouraged me to "give up on Walmart. They are known for hit or miss getting prescriptions right. Try COSTCO or go to like a LensCrafters. Someplace with a good reputation."

Back to COSTCO to see what may be the best solution. Would take ten days to get new glasses. Walmart is about right. COSTCO could work out less expensive but I have to buy a membership, and their frame options are really limited unless you want frames you've seen everyone else wearing for years. Only very few newer styles. They do offer $40 off if you buy two pair. Stay tuned for outcome at Walmart.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Came into the Gilroy Walmart for prescription glasses on 2/22/17 at 11:30am. One person was ahead of me. Two employees working in the department. Both helping the one customer. I received no help at all. Not even an acknowledgment. I tried on frames for 20 minutes. A person came in after me. They got service. Then one employee went to lunch. Still no acknowledgment. I finally left and went to Costco. Got help right away. They had two employees also. Got GREAT service at Costco. Will never go to Walmart again. Not my first ordeal. Terrible store. Horrific service. Rotten mail order system.

On July 21, 2016, I paid for an eye exam and fitting for contacts. When I went back to the store located in Shrewsbury, PA to place an order for contacts I was told that Dr ** had quit and taken all records with him and that his whereabouts were unknown. Because there was not a record for my exam I could not order contacts or glasses. I was also told that they had not replaced Dr **. If I needed contacts or glasses I would have to find another Dr and again pay for an exam and fitting. I was told that there was nothing the local store could do.

I have left messages at Walmart corporate but have never received a return call. I have no prescription... no contacts... and old glasses. This is affecting my job because I can't see. I tried to wear my contacts well beyond what is safe. So I guess I can 1) contact a media outlet that features consumer issues 2) Attorneys General Office... but all I want is my prescription that I paid for so I can order my glasses and contacts so I can perform my job.

I was very dissatisfied when picking up my glasses today. She was very quick to tell me my glasses fit fine when I told her I felt they were loose and seemed crooked. Anyways instead of arguing the point I said okay and asked if I could have a cleaning cloth as I did last year, she said no on account they gave them all away as promos. I said, "So now you've left none for the customers you do have?" She replied, "Yes that's right and they are not free." :/

We have tried for 3 days to get an appointment. Was on hold several minutes and finally hung up. Left 3-4 messages and no return call. This is the Russellville, AR store. Not a good "first impression".

Walmart is the only vision center I've only been to and I will NEVER go back. It's been two weeks since I initially ordered contacts. Not only did they order me the wrong color but they also tried to blame it on 1-800-contacts! I've talked to several people and not once have they tried to fix my problem. All they are saying is I have to wait until they come in. They have absolutely NO IDEA what they are doing. They left me a voicemail telling me to call them, which I did. Only to hear that I had to wait even longer.

The only solution I feel I will find and to go return the wrong color they sent me for $160 worth of my mother's money and go somewhere else for my contacts. It's been so long that I can't even wear the contacts I have anymore because they are old and hurt my eyes. Working at a shoe store I need contacts to be able to see the correct shoe sizes and register. I've been dealing with this problem for two weeks. It's frustrating and disappointing. Walmart used to be so good with their service and now I don't even want to step foot in there ever again.

Our son age 13 had an exam for his glasses in the past. The prescription was completed by developmental Optometrist. The exam was completed with my husband present and the next day we arrived to pick up the lenses. They were not correct. He could not see far away. When I asked if it was possible the attendant said not likely presuming my son was lying. As it turns out the prescription was for near sighted and for distance he does not need a prescription. This is according to them. They lied about what was wrong and blamed it on us not telling them he had progressives. We left the glasses and do not trust what they prescribed.

The service is kind and friendly. The people are knowledgeable and allow you to make your own choices and inform you of all your options, which is my favorite part. I ended up purchasing one frame and lenses in store and for my sunglasses, I had custom lenses made and put in. I'm very happy with my custom choice. Lenses are excellent quality but the frames I bought were $100 which is excellent price but they weren't well made. Overall for both pair I paid around $225 (approximately) including my insurance. The same insurance elsewhere for one pair of glasses (minus the scratch resistance because I couldn't afford it) cost me $500 after insurance. I've returned for adjustments every few months at no cost and no wait. I wish I had gone there when I got my son's glasses.

Price and quality are very good. I use the same pair I got three years ago as a backup pair sometimes. Very good selections in store. My glasses were very modestly priced, it didn't take long to wait for my appointment. I got the light changing lens, which were low priced. I also got told that it would take a week until my glasses would be ready, but it only took three days. In all I was very impressed with my glasses and the service I received.

Lenses scratched and streaked easily. Cheap quality and not a great selection. Got the glasses at the store eyewear shop. Staff was not overly interested in serving. They did replace at no cost but replacement are no better than original.

The glasses are fine but I could not find suitable frames. My glasses were too tight and when I went back they simply bent them and that stayed for a while and now I have indentations from my nose piece. Also, was told that Medicare wouldn't pay for them but they did and now Wal-Mart will not reimburse me for what I paid.

Lots of help with looking at frames for opinions when I was looking alone. Attractive frames for the $100 price and frames guaranteed for a year (replacement if damaged). Bifocals were measured correctly and fitting done with expertise. From my location always a pleasant experience.

For a fair price you can't go wrong at Wal-Mart. Many glasses to select from and Wal-Mart delivered the glasses quickly. My Walmart glasses haven't broken. I wanted to change from one type to another type of glasses and they said I would be able to do that within a certain period of time at no cost.

They change frame styles frequently to always force the customer to buy new frames or go through the nightmare of trying only to buy new lenses. Few of the type of frames I like, I can't find them if I need a replacement. Using old frames and having them only cut new lenses took 3+ weeks and 2 tries. I expect the vendor to stock a wide selection of frames, to always maintain access to the frame I need for future replacements. Every vendor should accept every optical insurance plan.

They don't look right in my face and sit on my face right. The lenses I can't see out of that will fit my face. I just don't like them. They just don't feel right and I wasn't too good with him.

Had new lenses put into old but still good frame, and worked out great. Good value and fast delivery service. Only took a few days to receive my glasses, which was quicker than expected. They also had the option of home delivery if needed, but I just picked up at the store the following week when I did my next shopping.

You choose which price you want and get quality you pay for. I buy the cheap frame. It's what I can afford. I go every year to Wal-mart eye doctor and have no problem. It's the economic place to go when you are on a fixed income like us.

I received glasses in store. Service and product was excellent. Everything was perfect. I would go back anytime. Have been using Wal-Mart for a number of years. And will continue to use them.

December 28, 2016 (1:30pm) - Taylor, Michigan Walmart Eye Exam. My husband and I stopped in to see about getting his eyes checked and getting him some eye glasses... but when we entered the Walmart's Eye Exam, the available optometrist greeted us with one of the most rude and condescending attitudes I've seen in quite a while.

As with any business inquiries, my husband and I first approached the checkout counter to wait for assistance while noticing an optometrist was attending to a single patron seated at one of the fitting tables. Ready to wait our turn, we were caught off guard when the optometrist stopped and without so much as a "Hi" looked over at us and immediately asked us if we had an appointment to which we responded "no, but we were hoping to make an appointment".

It was here that her demeanor took on a more than sarcastic undertone for reasons I don't know. But it began with her rolling her eyes at us, and using a very condescending voice, she asked "who's the appointment for?" to which I replied it was for my husband who was now standing close to my right hand side. The optometrist then fixed her glare at my husband and sarcastically asked him "Well, do you have an appointment?" to which my husband responded "No I do not, but I wanted to see if I could make one".

Now obviously irritated, the optometrist then asked in a manner to insinuate it was a high probability he did not. "Well do you have insurance" to which my husband responded "yes", but I assume she did not hear him, because she then repeated her question somewhat louder, "Do you have insurance". And it was at this moment, I decided if this was to be the attitude and approach Walmart optometrists would be using in dealing with us as a customer, it was probably in our best interest to seek out another optometrist for a more customer friendly service.

So before I would have to deal with any more underlying attitude and rudeness, I stopped her by saying, "you know what, Yes we have insurance, it's VSP Vision, and no I don't think we'll be using Walmart for our business as it is very apparent our service is not wanted here." And with those parting words we left the store all the while hearing the optometrist relaying comments of "who cares" and "go ahead" to the sitting customer she was talking to when we entered.

So NO, I would not recommend Walmart as the place to go for your eye exam and glasses, or at least not until they learn the true meaning of common courtesy when working with the general public. Very dissatisfied! Shame on the Optometrist for her condescending and rude approach to two people who just wanted to make an appointment for an eye exam. Took our business to SVS Vision, who was more than willing to help us in a more customer friendly environment.

Glasses are of great quality. I have been very pleased with my glasses & the service I received. I definitely will recommend them to anyone who asks. Very good selection and competitive pricing. The people were very helpful also.

The lenses were incorrect by a huge margin, poorly cut and incorrectly ground. They insisted that my wife would get used to them. This is wrong, always. We demanded a refund and never went back. Start to finish from exam and measure to fitting, was amateur at best.

Redlands, Ca. Vision Center. I am disappointed and displeased with the service that I received when I came into your store on 12/24/16 at 5:15 pm by Carolina. I approached her and explained that I had purchased 3 pair of glasses the day before. One pair for each of my daughters Angelia, Joecelyn and myself. However, I did not focus on the fact that I had a secondary insurance for myself on the day that I purchased the glasses and had to pay around $175.00 out of my pocket. I explained that my secondary insurance was Risk Management and that Walmart should be able to bill the secondary insurance so that the total cost of the glasses would covered. Carolina explained that she had NEVER heard of such a thing. She stated that, I would have to purchase a second pair of glasses to do that. I explained to her that I did not need a second pair of glasses and that this is accepted routine in the healthcare field.

I ask her to contact her manager on call and ask him how to deal with this situation if she was not familiar with how to take care of the problem at hand. I WAS THE ONLY CUSTOMER IN THE STORE AT THE TIME. She stated "I do not have a manager to call. Don't you think they have days off." I explained "unless you are the manager of the day; there will always be someone on call that can assist you with problems such as this." She handed me a business card and told me that I can address this with her manager on Tuesday. I explained it will be too late then but at this point you can still bill the insurance. She stated the glasses have already been shipped. I also told her this is not the way to treat your routine customers. She offered me a form where I could fill out myself and take to Risk management.

I explained that I can take my business elsewhere in future purchases that will bill my insurances without problems and that I will not be doing the footwork myself. Carolina was very unpleasant, unhelpful and appeared aggravated. I was the only customer that she was dealing with and she did not want to help me. She was unable to empathize and understand the meaning of $175.00 to another person and it is hard to believe that she would be left without a manager of the day to consult.

In the last 2 years my family and I have purchased 5 pair of glasses, 1 pair of contacts and have been seen twice by a Walmart optometrist. I am requesting that she be reprimanded for her poor customer service and that action be taken to bill my secondary insurance Risk Management. I would like a written letter to explain how this was handled or in the future I will take my business elsewhere where they will take care of me like I deserve to be treated.

Many price ranges and styles. High value for the economical price. A little too long of a wait for service, but good quality, selection, and prices. The glasses were delivered to store quickly after ordering. Why go to a higher-priced provider if you can get the same or similar frames for less?

I've purchased eyeglasses and exam yearly without issue and very satisfied with the pricing and selection. At my recent appointment on December 13, 2016, the assistant went over my yearly review in which I explained a change from a work computer to a tablet that has less than 6 point type and my difficulties in reading the small type font and that I may be able to retain the desktop with validation. She had no issue and told me she would write it on the updated document if we need to reference as proof.

I explained it was just a yearly check up and other than that everything was fine. I was very dismayed when taken back to the optometrist and the nasty demeanor I encountered. I said nothing about the tablet and said it was just a yearly check up for my year's new pair. He started by asking me to read the smallest type and when asked to cover an eye and read the smallest type and I explained it was blurry he became very rude stating my glasses were bent a bit and knocked the bifocal off.

I tried to explain I had no issue at all with the glasses. He said I was banging up the glasses? Yes, I do wear them daily numerous hours which I'm sure they had wear but the glasses were far from "banged up." He said that he prescribed the highest lens and didn't know what I "wanted him to do." He said I had glasses of an elderly person. I said I understood but that I had no issues.

He said there was nothing more he could do and again repeated "I banged up the glasses." I felt extremely uncomfortable with his condescending demeanor and false accusations. I already had chosen the frame, etc but was not pleased in the manner in which I was treated. I fear if I did really need to bring the glasses in for repair he would lash out. Not sure what I can do at this point?

Very very unqualified people work at Tucker Wal-Mart. They refuse to give me my prescription. They charge me $300 for glasses but they can't give prescription. This people are clearly in violation so healthcare laws. I am considering to sue them. Bad bad bad people. Someone need to teach them lesson.

I was assisted by Sarah ** at the Vision Care Center. I had my nose piece on my glasses crack and fell off as I was reading my favorite book! So after work I drove to my local Walmart. Being new in the area, I was so grateful to be greeted and approached for assisting me. Sarah couldn't have been more pleasant and reassuring to take care of my situation. I was very impressed by her customer care. It is very rare to find a kind and respectful woman working during this busy Holiday with patience. Thank-you! Merry Christmas! So I would like to have her noticed by her superiors and Congratulate her for her service.

Wal-Mart Vision Center Company Profile