Wal-Mart Vision Center

Wal-Mart Vision Center

4.0/5 (726 ratings)

About Wal-Mart Vision Center

Wal-Mart Vision Center Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart Vision Center?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

I took my brother to the Walmart Vision Center on Elmsley Street in Greensboro, NC to pick up his glasses. We entered where you come in and schedule for appointments and were told to go to the other area to get what we came for. The young lady was pleasant and walked us to the other part of the vision center to see about the glasses.

Upon entering, we walked over to their register and a gentleman asked if he could help us? As my brother tried to explain that he came either to get fitted for frames or to pick up his glasses. The gentleman said he do not have any information about it. So, my brother gave his name and his ID. The gentleman said again that he didn't have any information on it and that he is the manager and he said that he still didn't have any information on it. I asked him, "Well how can you tell if you have not looked it up in your system?" He stuck to what he was saying so I told him that we were directed to come over here.

My brother explained to him that he came on Monday of last week and had taken the eye exam and everything was paid for. The manager never looked anything up and sent us away without even looking anything up in their system. So, I asked for a business card, which he gave. As we exited the store we could not help but feel discriminated against simply because of our skin color.

When we got into the car, we thought about what had just happened, so we went in to where we first talked to someone. I told the young lady what happened with the manager how he never looked up for any information. She replied with, "How can he say that if he didn't look it up?" She sent us back around to the area where the manager was. This time a young lady sitting in the glass area, asked if she could help us? We told her the same thing that we told the manager and she said I remember you to my brother. He told her his name and she went and got his glasses. The manager was sitting there at his seat and would not even look at us or offer up an apology. He just sat turning red in the face.

The young lady had my brother to try on his glasses and adjusted them a little and explained to him about the one year warranty and his case for his glasses and we were on our way. We looked over to the manager and he still would not look at us. So, I said to my brother loud enough so the manager could hear me, that systemic racism is a problem in our country. So we left satisfied that someone helped us but, hurt because the one who is supposed to be the manager has no respect for some people. I told my brother that we are not going to make a scene but rather file a complaint or maybe file a discrimination lawsuit against Walmart Vision Center and the manager Ricky **. So, I will wait and hear from Walmart first.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I have bad vision and need to get high-index lenses. Because of which, I'm used to waiting two weeks to get glasses/sunglasses just to get them and have them be wrong, then, wait another 2 or 3 weeks to get the corrected lenses. The Wal-Mart Vision Center in Caldwell, ID did the impossible. After having a bad experience at Eyemart Express, I went to Wal-Mart Vision, ordered my sunglasses, and got them in less than a week - 100% correct. 10 days later after Eyemart Express couldn't get my regular glasses correct, I went back to the same Wal-Mart Vision and ordered glasses (still received the 35% off), a week later, they arrived and were also 100% correct. The same lady helped me out both times.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 19, 2022

The staff at the Lynn, MA location are amazing! They are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I have been buying glasses for my children there for a few years now. The staff always get me the best savings and have repaired more than one pair of glasses for free. The selection is good, they may not have all the designer glasses you find in other places, but the quality of the glasses I have purchased has been excellent. The Ophthalmologist is new this year and she was very patient with my children. I definitely recommend this Walmart Vision Center!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

I had a great experience at this Wal-Mart and the doctor is amazing! I would recommend coming here. The doctor and staff made me feel very comfortable and they helped me with picking out glasses as well.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I made a 3:30PM appointment at Springfield, PA store. Am 70 yr old, can not walk without aids, had 10 back surgeries. Dr advised trying contacts as I can’t hold my neck up. My husband took off work early to drive me. We arrived at the store and I used a shopping cart to push to Optical Center. When we arrived no one was there. We looked at frames for several minutes - well over 5 minutes. I said to my husband, "Do we ring a bell?"

Finally, a woman came out from the back. She said - "Who are you?" She seemed unaware that any appointment was scheduled at that time. I told her I had an appointment at 3:30. She said, "You are late." I said, "If I was late, it was not more than 5 minutes." Now, this Walmart advertises - Walk ins Welcome!! She came back out and lied and said I was 10 minutes late. How would she even know? She did not see us arrive. She said they would not do contact lens exam, only exam for eyeglasses?? I left and told her I would formally complain as she was not telling the truth!

Original review: March 25, 2022

Brought my frames in to get new lenses. It took over an hour to place the order. A week later they called and said they were ready to pick up. When I got there they were made wrong and had to be redone. After 45 minutes they determined they didn’t place the order right. After another week the new lenses came in and another 45 minutes of waiting but they were made with the right correction. After I got home and looked at them with my readers I noticed the lenses didn’t fit the frames in the corners so I took them back and another 45 minutes later they agreed but I decided to cut my loses and told them I wanted a refund and go somewhere else.

Now I needed the prescription and another trip to Walmart. You guessed it another 45 minutes to get the from the doctor because the young ladies working there don’t know how to find it. It only gets better because the prescription the doctor himself wrote is missing information and now I’m on my way back again. Counting time I’ve spent over 3 hours in the store and another 1.5 in commuting. That’s more than the last 3 exams and ordering glasses at My regular eye doctor.

Original review: March 10, 2022

I ordered a pair of glasses, cost me over $500, didn't even have them a year and my lenses started to discolor, so they told me, "We don't sell them anymore." They did order me a new pair, picked them up on a Saturday, and the girl didn't even know how to adjust them. They just rush you away. Can't someone in the department take time with you and get your glasses sitting right on your face. I will never buy glasses there again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I have bought frames and lenses from this location off and on for many years - for myself and my children. I brought in a pair of frames purchased elsewhere for lenses to be inserted. The person who initially waited on me was fine; she was friendly, professional, and courteous. However, when I went to pick up the glasses, the manager/owner (a woman of German descent) was very rude. I unfortunately was waited on by her instead of the other woman, and she told me that because I did not purchase the frames at Walmart, she could not fit the glasses to my face. I know that the other woman would have done it because she told me that she would customize them for me when I picked them up. I wear progressive lenses and had spent over 400.00 in that store! I was livid. I have not been back since.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I went in one day to pick some glasses from WalMart. They have a good selection and good prices. I found some frames I really liked and ordered some, they came in less than a week but when I received them, one eye was blurry. So now I have to wait another week for them to fix it. They had one job, a simple task and they messed it up. I won’t be coming here again considering they can’t follow simple tasks.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I love the frames! But I couldn’t see so I took the glasses to my eye doctor to find out they were not made right. They cut off the bifocals so these $500.00 glasses were worthless to me! So I had to get a full refund! I will never use Walmart optical again! These people are suppose to be professional! I very disappointed!

Wal-Mart Vision Center Company Information