Wal-Mart Vision Center

Compare Eyeglasses Online

Research top Eyeglasses Online recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was very dissatisfied when picking up my glasses today. She was very quick to tell me my glasses fit fine when I told her I felt they were loose and seemed crooked. Anyways instead of arguing the point I said okay and asked if I could have a cleaning cloth as I did last year, she said no on account they gave them all away as promos. I said, "So now you've left none for the customers you do have?" She replied, "Yes that's right and they are not free." :/

We have tried for 3 days to get an appointment. Was on hold several minutes and finally hung up. Left 3-4 messages and no return call. This is the Russellville, AR store. Not a good "first impression".

Walmart is the only vision center I've only been to and I will NEVER go back. It's been two weeks since I initially ordered contacts. Not only did they order me the wrong color but they also tried to blame it on 1-800-contacts! I've talked to several people and not once have they tried to fix my problem. All they are saying is I have to wait until they come in. They have absolutely NO IDEA what they are doing. They left me a voicemail telling me to call them, which I did. Only to hear that I had to wait even longer.

The only solution I feel I will find and to go return the wrong color they sent me for $160 worth of my mother's money and go somewhere else for my contacts. It's been so long that I can't even wear the contacts I have anymore because they are old and hurt my eyes. Working at a shoe store I need contacts to be able to see the correct shoe sizes and register. I've been dealing with this problem for two weeks. It's frustrating and disappointing. Walmart used to be so good with their service and now I don't even want to step foot in there ever again.

Our son age 13 had an exam for his glasses in the past. The prescription was completed by developmental Optometrist. The exam was completed with my husband present and the next day we arrived to pick up the lenses. They were not correct. He could not see far away. When I asked if it was possible the attendant said not likely presuming my son was lying. As it turns out the prescription was for near sighted and for distance he does not need a prescription. This is according to them. They lied about what was wrong and blamed it on us not telling them he had progressives. We left the glasses and do not trust what they prescribed.

The service is kind and friendly. The people are knowledgeable and allow you to make your own choices and inform you of all your options, which is my favorite part. I ended up purchasing one frame and lenses in store and for my sunglasses, I had custom lenses made and put in. I'm very happy with my custom choice. Lenses are excellent quality but the frames I bought were $100 which is excellent price but they weren't well made. Overall for both pair I paid around $225 (approximately) including my insurance. The same insurance elsewhere for one pair of glasses (minus the scratch resistance because I couldn't afford it) cost me $500 after insurance. I've returned for adjustments every few months at no cost and no wait. I wish I had gone there when I got my son's glasses.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Price and quality are very good. I use the same pair I got three years ago as a backup pair sometimes. Very good selections in store. My glasses were very modestly priced, it didn't take long to wait for my appointment. I got the light changing lens, which were low priced. I also got told that it would take a week until my glasses would be ready, but it only took three days. In all I was very impressed with my glasses and the service I received.

Lenses scratched and streaked easily. Cheap quality and not a great selection. Got the glasses at the store eyewear shop. Staff was not overly interested in serving. They did replace at no cost but replacement are no better than original.

The glasses are fine but I could not find suitable frames. My glasses were too tight and when I went back they simply bent them and that stayed for a while and now I have indentations from my nose piece. Also, was told that Medicare wouldn't pay for them but they did and now Wal-Mart will not reimburse me for what I paid.

Lots of help with looking at frames for opinions when I was looking alone. Attractive frames for the $100 price and frames guaranteed for a year (replacement if damaged). Bifocals were measured correctly and fitting done with expertise. From my location always a pleasant experience.

For a fair price you can't go wrong at Wal-Mart. Many glasses to select from and Wal-Mart delivered the glasses quickly. My Walmart glasses haven't broken. I wanted to change from one type to another type of glasses and they said I would be able to do that within a certain period of time at no cost.

They change frame styles frequently to always force the customer to buy new frames or go through the nightmare of trying only to buy new lenses. Few of the type of frames I like, I can't find them if I need a replacement. Using old frames and having them only cut new lenses took 3+ weeks and 2 tries. I expect the vendor to stock a wide selection of frames, to always maintain access to the frame I need for future replacements. Every vendor should accept every optical insurance plan.

Had new lenses put into old but still good frame, and worked out great. Good value and fast delivery service. Only took a few days to receive my glasses, which was quicker than expected. They also had the option of home delivery if needed, but I just picked up at the store the following week when I did my next shopping.

You choose which price you want and get quality you pay for. I buy the cheap frame. It's what I can afford. I go every year to Wal-mart eye doctor and have no problem. It's the economic place to go when you are on a fixed income like us.

December 28, 2016 (1:30pm) - Taylor, Michigan Walmart Eye Exam. My husband and I stopped in to see about getting his eyes checked and getting him some eye glasses... but when we entered the Walmart's Eye Exam, the available optometrist greeted us with one of the most rude and condescending attitudes I've seen in quite a while.

As with any business inquiries, my husband and I first approached the checkout counter to wait for assistance while noticing an optometrist was attending to a single patron seated at one of the fitting tables. Ready to wait our turn, we were caught off guard when the optometrist stopped and without so much as a "Hi" looked over at us and immediately asked us if we had an appointment to which we responded "no, but we were hoping to make an appointment".

It was here that her demeanor took on a more than sarcastic undertone for reasons I don't know. But it began with her rolling her eyes at us, and using a very condescending voice, she asked "who's the appointment for?" to which I replied it was for my husband who was now standing close to my right hand side. The optometrist then fixed her glare at my husband and sarcastically asked him "Well, do you have an appointment?" to which my husband responded "No I do not, but I wanted to see if I could make one".

Now obviously irritated, the optometrist then asked in a manner to insinuate it was a high probability he did not. "Well do you have insurance" to which my husband responded "yes", but I assume she did not hear him, because she then repeated her question somewhat louder, "Do you have insurance". And it was at this moment, I decided if this was to be the attitude and approach Walmart optometrists would be using in dealing with us as a customer, it was probably in our best interest to seek out another optometrist for a more customer friendly service.

So before I would have to deal with any more underlying attitude and rudeness, I stopped her by saying, "you know what, Yes we have insurance, it's VSP Vision, and no I don't think we'll be using Walmart for our business as it is very apparent our service is not wanted here." And with those parting words we left the store all the while hearing the optometrist relaying comments of "who cares" and "go ahead" to the sitting customer she was talking to when we entered.

So NO, I would not recommend Walmart as the place to go for your eye exam and glasses, or at least not until they learn the true meaning of common courtesy when working with the general public. Very dissatisfied! Shame on the Optometrist for her condescending and rude approach to two people who just wanted to make an appointment for an eye exam. Took our business to SVS Vision, who was more than willing to help us in a more customer friendly environment.

Glasses are of great quality. I have been very pleased with my glasses & the service I received. I definitely will recommend them to anyone who asks. Very good selection and competitive pricing. The people were very helpful also.

The lenses were incorrect by a huge margin, poorly cut and incorrectly ground. They insisted that my wife would get used to them. This is wrong, always. We demanded a refund and never went back. Start to finish from exam and measure to fitting, was amateur at best.

Redlands, Ca. Vision Center. I am disappointed and displeased with the service that I received when I came into your store on 12/24/16 at 5:15 pm by Carolina. I approached her and explained that I had purchased 3 pair of glasses the day before. One pair for each of my daughters Angelia, Joecelyn and myself. However, I did not focus on the fact that I had a secondary insurance for myself on the day that I purchased the glasses and had to pay around $175.00 out of my pocket. I explained that my secondary insurance was Risk Management and that Walmart should be able to bill the secondary insurance so that the total cost of the glasses would covered. Carolina explained that she had NEVER heard of such a thing. She stated that, I would have to purchase a second pair of glasses to do that. I explained to her that I did not need a second pair of glasses and that this is accepted routine in the healthcare field.

I ask her to contact her manager on call and ask him how to deal with this situation if she was not familiar with how to take care of the problem at hand. I WAS THE ONLY CUSTOMER IN THE STORE AT THE TIME. She stated "I do not have a manager to call. Don't you think they have days off." I explained "unless you are the manager of the day; there will always be someone on call that can assist you with problems such as this." She handed me a business card and told me that I can address this with her manager on Tuesday. I explained it will be too late then but at this point you can still bill the insurance. She stated the glasses have already been shipped. I also told her this is not the way to treat your routine customers. She offered me a form where I could fill out myself and take to Risk management.

I explained that I can take my business elsewhere in future purchases that will bill my insurances without problems and that I will not be doing the footwork myself. Carolina was very unpleasant, unhelpful and appeared aggravated. I was the only customer that she was dealing with and she did not want to help me. She was unable to empathize and understand the meaning of $175.00 to another person and it is hard to believe that she would be left without a manager of the day to consult.

In the last 2 years my family and I have purchased 5 pair of glasses, 1 pair of contacts and have been seen twice by a Walmart optometrist. I am requesting that she be reprimanded for her poor customer service and that action be taken to bill my secondary insurance Risk Management. I would like a written letter to explain how this was handled or in the future I will take my business elsewhere where they will take care of me like I deserve to be treated.

Many price ranges and styles. High value for the economical price. A little too long of a wait for service, but good quality, selection, and prices. The glasses were delivered to store quickly after ordering. Why go to a higher-priced provider if you can get the same or similar frames for less?

I've purchased eyeglasses and exam yearly without issue and very satisfied with the pricing and selection. At my recent appointment on December 13, 2016, the assistant went over my yearly review in which I explained a change from a work computer to a tablet that has less than 6 point type and my difficulties in reading the small type font and that I may be able to retain the desktop with validation. She had no issue and told me she would write it on the updated document if we need to reference as proof.

I explained it was just a yearly check up and other than that everything was fine. I was very dismayed when taken back to the optometrist and the nasty demeanor I encountered. I said nothing about the tablet and said it was just a yearly check up for my year's new pair. He started by asking me to read the smallest type and when asked to cover an eye and read the smallest type and I explained it was blurry he became very rude stating my glasses were bent a bit and knocked the bifocal off.

I tried to explain I had no issue at all with the glasses. He said I was banging up the glasses? Yes, I do wear them daily numerous hours which I'm sure they had wear but the glasses were far from "banged up." He said that he prescribed the highest lens and didn't know what I "wanted him to do." He said I had glasses of an elderly person. I said I understood but that I had no issues.

He said there was nothing more he could do and again repeated "I banged up the glasses." I felt extremely uncomfortable with his condescending demeanor and false accusations. I already had chosen the frame, etc but was not pleased in the manner in which I was treated. I fear if I did really need to bring the glasses in for repair he would lash out. Not sure what I can do at this point?

Very very unqualified people work at Tucker Wal-Mart. They refuse to give me my prescription. They charge me $300 for glasses but they can't give prescription. This people are clearly in violation so healthcare laws. I am considering to sue them. Bad bad bad people. Someone need to teach them lesson.

I was assisted by Sarah ** at the Vision Care Center. I had my nose piece on my glasses crack and fell off as I was reading my favorite book! So after work I drove to my local Walmart. Being new in the area, I was so grateful to be greeted and approached for assisting me. Sarah couldn't have been more pleasant and reassuring to take care of my situation. I was very impressed by her customer care. It is very rare to find a kind and respectful woman working during this busy Holiday with patience. Thank-you! Merry Christmas! So I would like to have her noticed by her superiors and Congratulate her for her service.

I have gone to Walmart located at 169 Norman Station Mooresville, NC 28117 several times for my son's glasses (bought about 4 pairs now) which are the scratch resistant, and transitions which are typically more expensive. Recently got him the transitions sport and they had a weird fit. I returned them and they were sure not to give me back my money but exchange only.

I went there today and told the woman at the counter that I wanted to be measured so that I could get an idea as to which frames would work best. Her attitude was terrible; she didn't really want to help. She told me she wouldn't get to that just yet and that I needed to pick a pair first. She didn't seem too interested in giving excellent customer service nor did she think that I was going to get glasses. Because of her nasty disposition and unwilling attitude to assist me in picking a pair I decided to leave. Their whole staff seems to be a little money hungry which is in direct conflict with wanting to provide the best service. I will not be back at the Walmart Vision center for my glasses nor my son's; I'm done with bad customer service.

I went to your store, had exam, and ordered glasses. When they came in they were wrong. I could not read at all with them so returned them to the store. Lady stated she ordered wrong so new lens came in again. I could read with them but could not see distance so sent back... Was told was a lab mistake. So now sent the lens back. This is terrible that you pay for something and DO NOT get lens you can use. I do not feel I should have to pay for these glasses making 3 trips to get glasses and YOU make so many MISTAKES. Never gave me a order number.

I was very dissatisfied with my experience with Wal-Mart Vision Center. I started off with having my exam there. First they had trouble with one of the machines at sizing my eye. I don't believe my eye exam was the greatest. It was about 5 minutes and that was all. Not a very thorough exam. Next was picking out my glasses. I don't believe that anyone in the vision center knew exactly what they were doing. While I was picking out glasses one said they looked good on me and the other said that they were too big. Well I managed to get those glasses and they were too big on me. They hurt the heck out of my face and my ears and too heavy for me. When I got them all that they did was just basically hand them to me and I was on my way. No adjusting hardly. They asked if I could see and I said that they were blurry but I was to get used to them. It might take me a week to a few months.

So anyways I toyed and of course they started hurting so I went back in to get a different pair of glasses. A pair that was very lightweight and rimless. She started my order and then said I couldn't have them because my prescription was too high. So she tried a different way to order them and they went through finally. So I waited for those glasses to come in and when they did I drove 20 miles into town which wasn't the first time that was a waste of gas for me. The first time I went in to get my glasses they were suppose to be open but weren't. I guess the lady was at break and no sign or anything so I left. This time I went in to get my second pair of glasses and I handed them my first pair that I ordered and she took them back and came back with the same pair. Not the pair that I had ordered the second time. I asked her where they were and she said "I don't know. I don't have no orders for them."

I put them on anyways and couldn't see nothing with these ones but of course she said "Well that's the same prescription. I don't know why." So I finally managed to find the glasses I ordered again and she reordered them once again and again I had to wait another 7 to 10 days again and by this time I had went without my glasses for a whole month. So she reordered them and then called me a few days later and said I couldn't have any of the rimless glasses because my prescription was too high. So back once again to go find another pair of glasses. I finally just got my refund and went somewhere else. I now have a nice pair of rimless glasses and pair of glasses that I can see out of and it didn't take me a whole week to a month to get used to them. I will never go back to Walmart again for glasses. Either they don't know what they are doing or those are such cheap lenses. I don't know.

I called the Eye Exam Dept in Walmart and made an appt being told that walk-ins were not accepted. I got to my appt 15 minutes early and was the only one in the waiting room. In those 15 minutes of waiting 3 people walked in and were told the Dr. was with someone but they could see him when he was done. The Dr. came out of his office 10 minutes after my appt and took in a walk in and left me sitting there. I respect the Dr. time... and I expect mine to be respected to. I left and will look for a different Dr. I will not be going back.

My son purchased frames from the Vision Center @ Walmart at the Kitchener Supercentre, Sunrise Shopping Centre location. Over time the arm of the frame slightly rotated inwards but the frame was still wearable. My son brought the frame to the Vision Centre in hopes that they may rectify the problem. They BROKE THE ARM OFF AND THEN TOLD HIM HE CAN PURCHASE NEW FRAMES FOR THE COST OF $49. I went in, they tried to tell me because they have experience with these glasses it was acceptable. I told them if they knew they couldn't fix the glasses they should of left it alone as the glasses were wearable prior to bringing them in, now they are not. I have left a voice message with the "opticians" so called "supervisors" voice mail and reported this to my insurance provider as well.

I ordered glasses over a week ago. Was promised to have glasses Sat. Then phone on Oct 31 and she said it was a quality control issues and she didn't know when my glasses were coming. I want my glasses that are already been paid for ahead. Usually I pay for service after it comes. Not before! Anyway need them to see.

Eyeglasses are a joke. Bad lenses. Took them back 3... 4 times... factory cracks on frame and lenses. Cannot use them at all now. Small claims court may be necessary if I can't get satisfaction. You need to shut down your eye centers.

Not too long ago I purchased new glasses through Wal-Mart in Saint Augustine FL. A couple of weeks later I noticed scratches on my lens. Thinking it was my own fault, I was more careful. I'm a sales manager for a company downtown in Saint Augustine and realized that there shouldn't be any damage to my glasses since the don't get dropped or knocked around. I only clean them with the solution I was given when I purchased the pair of glasses. Now it being 6 months or so they're horribly scratched. I don't make a lot of money and when I did I bought glasses around the same cost from eye doctor offices and they lasted for years. I'm very disappointed in this new glasses and don't think I'll ever go back to the eye center. The representative wasn't very helpful when asked about any warranty and basically push me since she working with another customer. With my company if someone comes in with a complaint we generally stop everything.

After waiting patiently in line for a long time the manager stopped by and asked a young ** girl if she was here for pick up. Yes was the reply. The girl was allowed to the front of the line. I told her I was here for pick up as well. She acknowledged me. When I stepped up to the register the manager told me somebody else would have to wait on me. She then proceeded to wait on a young ** couple. When I requested the manager's name I was told it was the lady who just allowed the young girl to take cuts. When I requested her manager's name and number I was given a bogus number. I am an older ** male disabled vet. The manager was a middle aged ** woman. I have worked with many people of different backgrounds and never had an issue.

Wal-Mart Vision Center Company Profile