Wal-Mart Vision Center

Wal-Mart Vision Center

2.4/5 (807 ratings)

About Wal-Mart Vision Center

Wal-Mart Vision Center Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart Vision Center?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

I had a great experience at this Wal-Mart and the doctor is amazing! I would recommend coming here. The doctor and staff made me feel very comfortable and they helped me with picking out glasses as well.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Walmart Vision Center in Mechanicsburg PA has a really helpful and friendly person by the name of Lisa **. She compared the insurance that my husband and I have and made sure we got the best deal. She took her time, didn't rush us, and she wore her mask!

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

The website was easy to use so that I could get all the important information to make the best decisions on eyewear for me and my family. Obviously, everything can’t be done online but I’m glad it is streamlined so I didn’t have to make multiple trips.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I have bought glasses from Walmart optical for the last 20 years? They have a wide variety of frames, the quality and price is awesome. I was a school nurse and would recommend Walmart vision center to parents who wanted a quality and affordable eye wear for their child.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I made a 3:30PM appointment at Springfield, PA store. Am 70 yr old, can not walk without aids, had 10 back surgeries. Dr advised trying contacts as I can’t hold my neck up. My husband took off work early to drive me. We arrived at the store and I used a shopping cart to push to Optical Center. When we arrived no one was there. We looked at frames for several minutes - well over 5 minutes. I said to my husband, "Do we ring a bell?"

Finally, a woman came out from the back. She said - "Who are you?" She seemed unaware that any appointment was scheduled at that time. I told her I had an appointment at 3:30. She said, "You are late." I said, "If I was late, it was not more than 5 minutes." Now, this Walmart advertises - Walk ins Welcome!! She came back out and lied and said I was 10 minutes late. How would she even know? She did not see us arrive. She said they would not do contact lens exam, only exam for eyeglasses?? I left and told her I would formally complain as she was not telling the truth!

Original review: March 25, 2022

Brought my frames in to get new lenses. It took over an hour to place the order. A week later they called and said they were ready to pick up. When I got there they were made wrong and had to be redone. After 45 minutes they determined they didn’t place the order right. After another week the new lenses came in and another 45 minutes of waiting but they were made with the right correction. After I got home and looked at them with my readers I noticed the lenses didn’t fit the frames in the corners so I took them back and another 45 minutes later they agreed but I decided to cut my loses and told them I wanted a refund and go somewhere else.

Now I needed the prescription and another trip to Walmart. You guessed it another 45 minutes to get the from the doctor because the young ladies working there don’t know how to find it. It only gets better because the prescription the doctor himself wrote is missing information and now I’m on my way back again. Counting time I’ve spent over 3 hours in the store and another 1.5 in commuting. That’s more than the last 3 exams and ordering glasses at My regular eye doctor.

Original review: March 10, 2022

I ordered a pair of glasses, cost me over $500, didn't even have them a year and my lenses started to discolor, so they told me, "We don't sell them anymore." They did order me a new pair, picked them up on a Saturday, and the girl didn't even know how to adjust them. They just rush you away. Can't someone in the department take time with you and get your glasses sitting right on your face. I will never buy glasses there again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I have bought frames and lenses from this location off and on for many years - for myself and my children. I brought in a pair of frames purchased elsewhere for lenses to be inserted. The person who initially waited on me was fine; she was friendly, professional, and courteous. However, when I went to pick up the glasses, the manager/owner (a woman of German descent) was very rude. I unfortunately was waited on by her instead of the other woman, and she told me that because I did not purchase the frames at Walmart, she could not fit the glasses to my face. I know that the other woman would have done it because she told me that she would customize them for me when I picked them up. I wear progressive lenses and had spent over 400.00 in that store! I was livid. I have not been back since.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I went in one day to pick some glasses from WalMart. They have a good selection and good prices. I found some frames I really liked and ordered some, they came in less than a week but when I received them, one eye was blurry. So now I have to wait another week for them to fix it. They had one job, a simple task and they messed it up. I won’t be coming here again considering they can’t follow simple tasks.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I love the frames! But I couldn’t see so I took the glasses to my eye doctor to find out they were not made right. They cut off the bifocals so these $500.00 glasses were worthless to me! So I had to get a full refund! I will never use Walmart optical again! These people are suppose to be professional! I very disappointed!

Wal-Mart Vision Center Company Information