Wal-Mart Vision Center
Based on 426 reviews that contain star ratings

Wal-Mart Vision Center

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

654 Wal-Mart Vision Center Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I got a pair glasses about 4 months ago non-glare scratch resistant and transitions glasses. Spent almost $300 on them. I was told when I bought him 6 month warranty on the lenses. They lied to me about that and they will not replace defective lenses now. They got a crack in it on seeing spots when when I'm wearing in a year warranty on the frames. They lie to me about that too. Worse place to buy glasses. I would never ever again buying them from them. Walmart can go ** themselves. I'm not going nearby used car so why does he need to ** lie to me like that. Advice for y'all never buy a pair of glasses from Walmart.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I placed an order of Marc Jacobs Optical glasses. When they arrived they were a pair of poorly made cheap knockoffs (counterfeit)! Isn’t it illegal to sell counterfeit in the USA? I mailed them back over one month ago and I still haven’t gotten my refund. The third party that shipped this item ELEGANZA claimed they were true Marc Jacobs which is a lie and they claim they received them and were issuing me a refund, which was another lie. For over a monthly I have called and emailed. No one returns my call and no one responds to my emails. How this online store is able to get away with constantly ripping off consumers is beyond me. I would not ever purchase anything from Walmart again ever!!!

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Worst pair of glasses I've ever had. They don't reduce glare and they scratch with any cloth you use. There's a thin plastic film on the lens that is supposed to make it harder to scratch, nope. If there's any dust at all on it they will scratch. Put my pair of glasses on this morning and a hinge snapped off. Damn. My face isn't that big. You have to wash them with mild dish soap and warm water if you don't want them scratching. But when I had a different pair with a different place I could use my shirt to get the dust off my lens without it scratching.

It's just a scam going after people with no insurance. You think you're getting a deal but you're most certainly are not. I also went all out when I got them. They cost me about 350. I've had them for about 5, 6 months maybe so I'll be wanting to get them replaced or repaired and then I still want the warranty for a full year because I live 50 miles away and this is a horrible inconvenience for me. If someone pays that amount of money for something it better last. If you bought a game console for 350 would you want the controller breaking when you picked it up? No. Come Walmart have some Quality in your products!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Walmart eye vision center sold me a bill of goods of non glare on glass lens and it did not do what they stated it would. I was overcharged $99.98 for option non glare. They quote the lens with same stuff you can buy on eBay for $1 to $2 a bottle. It will not reduced night glare from oncoming car headlight like they said it would. I got ripped off, don't buy the options, and the $130 eyeglass frame I purchased from Walmart came apart in 2 months and they only allow 1 repair replace under 1 year warranty, so I need to pray to God these other frames do not fall apart like the first pair. Oh I found out those $130 frames are made in China, so Walmart must of paid $3.00 for them. I will never use Walmart Eye Vision Center again. Plus they told me nothing they can do about the car headlight night glare. I was still getting even after I paid them $99.98 for non glare option, so I placed dispute in with my charge card. Walmart Store was on CR 54 New Port Richey, Fl.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Seen it here. Shame on me for not checking the reviews here. Figured Walmart couldn't foul up a pair of glasses to bad. WRONG. I needed a budget pair of glasses. So I checked a few places and lo and behold Walmart was cheapest. Went in and the fellow said Walmart's glasses were the cheapest and as good as any glasses shop out there. They did beat the price by $100.00. All the same the frames had loose screws when I left the store. The lenses scratch way too easy even with the scratch resistant lens. Lasted 3 weeks cleaning with soft cloth. Scratched beyond use and taking care to be extra careful. Then again should have checked. A lot of reviews said they scratch easy from Wal-Mart.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I have spend thousands on glasses at the Walmart vision center for me and my family's glasses. I took my damaged glasses in to get the lenses replaced under our warranty. This was almost 4 months ago and they have made them three time with the wrong prescription. The last time they mailed them to me as a round trip is 3 hours drive each time. They were wrong again so I called the store manager and she asked me to send the original prescription to her. So I called my eye doctor and he send it to me and the store. I then faxed it also myself to the number the managers gave me and got a confirmation they received it. This was two weeks ago. Just called them to what is going on and they said I do not have anything coming. I am about to file a small claims suit against them. I have not been able to drive for about 4 months now without my glasses. Never in my life have we received just messed up service.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Shame on me for not checking the low reviews on this business. If I had, I would never have given them my business. I ordered glasses from the N Navy blvd. Pensacola Fl. store on a Thursday and was told they would be available the next Wednesday or sooner. I visited the store for groceries the next Thursday and decided to check on my glasses. There was another lady working there. She told me that she was not authorized to give out glasses to customer and the lady that could give me the glasses was off that day and would not be back until the following Monday. So, even if my glasses arrive at the store, I can't get them for another 4 days. So, instead of 7 days as shown on my sales receipt it will take at least 11 days. To me this is absurd for a business to make promises that they can't deliver on and that any business would not have personnel to properly run their business for 4 days.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I arrived at Walmart Vision Center at 4424 W. Wendover Ave. on Aug. 11, 2018 around 04:50 PM, the female employees there were really so rude, they show no respect to citizens who speak English with an accent. Instead of checking out the 4 frames I purchased for my children and myself, one employee impolitely asked me to order the frames rather than taking them from shelves as I'm taking LARGE SUPPLY from the store.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I arrived at Walmart Vision Center Fort Ogle, GA 15 min before my appointment. I filled out the paperwork and handed it back 5 min before my appointment 9:30 because I had received a reminder call on Sunday. About 9:32 they checked my pressure and correction then told me to wait, the Dr. was running late. At 9:44 I asked where the Dr. lived, the reception said she didn’t know, and I said I checked traffic on my phone and there wasn’t any problems, she replied that’s what she was told. I said I understand but the Dr. didn’t think my time was worth anything then if I was called to remind me to be on time and he's late for no apparent reason. At 9:49 Dr. arrives and checkup went thru.

Then the checkout. First she couldn’t find me in the insurance database and didn’t know how to add, this took 10 min. She finally asked for help. Then she couldn’t figure out how to add the contacts to my bill. Why she was working there I couldn’t figure out. At least the computer was already on because I know she would have never figured that out. So finally after another 10 min I went to ask another worker to help her get me out of there. I really think she did this stall maneuver on purpose. You can't be this inept and they leave you at a register. So I called Walmart and told the girl I wanted to file a complaint on Vision Center. After 4 min a guy answers. Said he was assoc. manager but wouldn’t give me a place to file a complaint. So I told him the story and he said he would go and check to see what was going on. I think I've been lied to 4 times already today.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Staff polite and helpful but frames not similar in color to the ones I picked out. I picked out very pink translucent Sophia Loren frames. What arrived were nearly clear frames with a hint of pink. The technician switched them out with the floor sample which was still not as pink as the frames I selected. I am very disappointed.

Now for the lenses. I ordered progressive lenses which I am very used to. There was a slight change in my prescription. The minute I put these glasses on and tried to read or use for midvision everything was blurry. The technician adjusted the frame several times. It helped a little. He said if I get another eye exam they will change the lenses for free if the prescription changes. So now I have to pay for another eye exam, see if the glasses are correctly made and if not probably go somewhere else to have them made where I can get the right frame and prescription. I wasted $489.00 because the glasses give me a terrible headache. I can't wear them. I suspect they don't have certified optical technicians and may use knock-off or "second" designer frames. In the end Walmart is not a bargain.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Selecting my glasses was easy. It was put together well. I felt the value of my glasses was excellent compared to other glass purchases. The Vision clerks were well trained and went out of their way to help you chose a flattering frame and make sure your selection was right for you. I received my glasses in a timely manner. Overall service was good.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Went and ordered prescription eyewear from Vision Center at Walmart 5501 Highway 6, Missouri City TX 77459. Forgot to specify "no-line bifocals" when ordering. The sales associate did not mention or offer this option when ordering. Went and picked up the glasses on May 13, 2018. The glasses had lines and this would greatly impair my reading ability and the glasses were useless with the lines in them. Particularly with this pair which is smaller in size too.

The sales associate was very "interrogatory" and unprofessional in her tone and communication and I felt that she is harassing and I felt very distressed with her style. She said I may need to get a new prescription for glasses as this pair is not working. The problem is the glasses were smaller and when you have a line at the bottom portion one have to squint to see through at the bottom section to read. Instead of trying to understanding the problem, she was loud and unprofessional. Will go back on Monday the 14th to see if it could be fixed.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I scheduled an eye exam so I could get a prescription to be able to get glasses online. I didn’t know at the time that Medicaid would help with the cost so I was paying $50 out of pocket anyway. The doctor was clearly annoyed when doing the distance exam. He tried pushing a contact prescription and contact lens package on me, even though I repeatedly told him I wasn’t interested and needed glasses to give my eyes a break. When the exam was over he had me go to the desk to check out and I asked for the prescription to be wrote down so I could get glasses. He didn’t give me the pupillary distance which I needed to fill my glasses prescription. So I asked the receptionist if I could go back in there and ask a question, when I walked in and asked him, he honestly told me, “I cannot help you, you need to leave.”

Shocked I asked the receptionist why he couldn’t give me information on my prescription, she then told me, after I paid the $50, that they don’t give the PD out unless you buy glasses from them. I’ve never met a more unprofessional doctor. How’re you not going to give someone information about their eyes because they don’t wanna pay for overpriced glasses anyways? I ended up figuring out how to measure it and ordered two pairs of glasses with my really strong prescription for just $170 off EyeBuyDirect. I highly recommend them, but I’ll never recommend going to the Vision Center at Walmart, I’m going to look into contacting someone about it as well because it's ridiculous.

Original review: April 25, 2018

In January of last year (2017), I received a notice from the Walmart Vision Center in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, saying that I was due for my periodic eye examination. In February of last year, I called the Vision Center to set-up an appointment with their optometrist. During the examination, I was given a new prescription, and I was told that I needed surgery in both of my eyes. I asked the optometrist if he could recommend a surgeon, and he did.

Immediately after the examination, I ordered two new pairs of glasses from the Vision Center (for a total of $884.10). I also had a technician replace a missing rim screw for my old glasses. I ordered the new glasses at that time, because I did NOT know that my prescription would change as a result of the surgeries. And no one at the Vision Center advised me about that. If I had been advised that my prescription would change as a result of the surgeries, I would have ordered the new glasses AFTER the surgeries. (I was NOT having any significant vision problems with my old glasses).

In June of last year, after both surgeries had been completed, the surgeon gave me a new prescription. A few days later, I called the Vision Center. I explained the situation to them, and I requested that they replace my lenses at no cost to me. They refused to do so. As a result, I went to another store and bought two more new pairs of glasses. In November of last year, I sent a complaint to the Better Business Bureau regarding this matter. In response to my complaint, the Vision Center made a FALSE statement to the Better Business Bureau. That is, the Vision Center stated that I demanded that the doctor give me a new prescription because my old glasses were broken.

That statement is false for two reasons: #1: I did NOT “demand” that the doctor give me a new prescription. The doctor gave me a new prescription because I was due for my periodic eye examination. #2: My old glasses were NOT broken. My old glasses had a missing rim screw. And when the technician replaced the missing rim screw, I was able to wear my old glasses with no problem. The Vision Center also stated to the Better Business Bureau that they would be willing to remake my glasses with my new prescription.

My response to that statement was as follows: #1: It would NOT make sense for the Vision Center to remake my glasses NOW, because I already bought two more new pairs of glasses at another store. #2: I made the following request: - For my NEXT prescription (a few years from now), the Vision Center will make TWO pairs of glasses for me at NO cost to me. - The Vision Center will make that promise in writing with no expiration date on that promise.

The Vision Center ignored my request, and the Better Business Bureau closed the case. Before the case was closed, I presented evidence (i.e., four photos) to the Better Business Bureau that contradicted the Vision Center’s false claim that my old glasses were broken. That evidence was ignored. Bottom line: Because the Vision Center did not have the courtesy to advise me regarding the effects of the surgeries, I spent nearly $900 on two pairs of glasses that I was only able to wear for four months. I was a loyal customer to the Walmart Vision Center for a number of years, but they were unwilling to correct a problem that they caused for me because they failed to give me advice that they should have given me.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Went in on March 22, 2018 to pick out eye glasses. We have to pay upfront for Manulife, so I did, paperwork was given to me to send away, I had a question about it when I got home, tried calling and cannot get thru, their machine says "this mailbox is not receiving messages", seriously??? What a way to run a business!!! Over the course of the month (it is now April 21, 2018) I stop in twice to check to see if they are in, the first time the girl (which I might add had way too much make up on) and had an attitude that would turn a horse from its oats, was extremely rude when I told her how frustrating it was that I could not get through on the phone, her answer "I'm sorry you feel that way, but we do not have a receptionist", well no kidding Einstein, I can see that, but it isn't like the store is so filled with people that they couldn't answer the phone. This is the first and last time I will EVER go to Walmart for glasses.

Lesson learned. I will stick with my Vogue Optical, they are very professional and courteous. My husband stopped in on Friday, the 20th, guess what, the glasses are in and surprise no phone call made to me which they stated they would do and no sunglasses in yet either which there was apparently a problem with. So done with this place and I will be letting everyone at my workplace know as well and I work in a hospital with a lot of staff who wear glasses.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I bought glasses at Walmart in Winchester, Va in Oct 2017. By Dec they had scratches. I used the little cloth they give you and bought a box of the wet wipes they sell. Went back to see if they would make them good. "Too bad, so sad," was the response I got. Will never buy glasses from them again. Will just have to use them until I can afford new ones. I will tell everyone I know not to buy glasses from Walmart!!!

Original review: April 11, 2018

I had an appointment for an exam. Went in and the guy told me my medical coverage had been terminated so I rescheduled appointment. Called my provider. They said my insurance was fine and was still active. I called the Vision Center and then they told me something different that I had multiple plans and that I didn’t have any eligibility for coverage through my insurance. They have wasted my time. Now I have to find another eye doctor and they’ve lost business!!!

Original review: April 8, 2018

Well my son broke his glasses... I took them to the Wal-Mart eye center within time... They told me they do not make his glasses no more... So they put a totally different color earpiece on It, Don't Fit. It's going to break in days. I was very unsatisfied. The glasses I bought did not look anything like what they brought me for me to walk out with for my child to wear. I feel as if they could of offered another pair or something.

Original review: March 17, 2018

They forgot about my appointment and I had to wait in line. Went there to get a specific eye drops prescription to treat eye inflammation. Didn't get. Absolute waste of my time and money. Vision Center at Walmart in Mountain View, CA. Do yourself a service and go to a reputable place!

Original review: March 8, 2018

When I went to pick up my glasses everything in the right lens was off. Things distorted/slanting. Took glasses back, and, was told, "Yes seemed to be something not right" that they’d send them out for a remake. Again upon 2nd pickup still a problem; and, oh, by the way they never called when they were ready. I had to follow up quite frequently. Went to pick up glasses, at 2nd attempt to get lens remade, and, not being correct, I did try to wear them a few days. Just because they insisted new RX “takes time to adjust to". Attempted to wear them even though my vision was VERY distorted in the right lens. Took back and was told they’d send to a DIFFERENT lab BUT I explained they’d had 2 attempts and since they weren’t able to get glasses right I wanted a refund to go somewhere else as I needed my glasses!!

Next day took them back for a refund. I explained that since I paid in cash I should receive cash!! Their reply: No. They would have to send a check in 2 to 3 weeks!?!? Expressed they should give me cash as I had paid cash!! Was told no at first BUT I went back several times insisting they should refund the same way I paid, minus the insurance part. They FINALLY did. During this whole terrible ordeal I tried to remain calm & not get my blood pressure up as I’ve had 2 mini strokes from stress, and, I surely wasn’t gonna let this happen... If you want rude service & defective glasses go to West Columbia SC Vision Ctr.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

The glasses they gave me are wrong the first time! Second time glasses gave me severe migraines. Ended up in the emergency room! Have never had a migraine in my life! Walmart refuse to do anything about this! I paid $500 for the terrible headache which didn't cover my emergency room visit! Please let me know what to do. This is ridiculous!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

If you ever listen to a review heed this warning. Purchased glasses. They came in. Everything in one lens was off. Everything badly tilted. Took glasses back. They said they sent them out to remake the lens. They never did and called they were done. Went to pick up glasses, nothing had been done and they unscrewed the lens that did not need fixing. That was done to make it look as if they had the lens remade. Picked them up. Attempted to wear them. Horrid vision from the right lens. Next day took them back for a refund.

I had paid in cash so should have received cash back. No they are sending a check in 2 to 3 weeks, long time when you paid in cash. Asked if they could give me cash like I had paid. They called the police on me. No joke. I never yelled or anything. Was calm doing whole interaction. I have never had the police called on me in my life or did I deserve it by Walmart Vision of Queensbury, NY. I have never felt so abused in my life. If you want rude service and the police called on you if they make you defective glasses. Walmart Vision center of Queensbury, NY is a place to avoid at all costs.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I really liked that the examiner took his time and tested each eye various ways. I was completely satisfied. I have gone to another Wal-Mart and it was OK but this new location was so much better. They have a good assortment for the value.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Went to Ledgewood NJ Walmart Vision Center. Liked a pair of glasses. Frames were 150 and God knows how much they were charging for transitions lenses but the total would have been 450 dollars before insurance and after insurance 350. I think they don't know pricing with insurance. I purchased the glasses then went online 20 mins later and found the frames online for 75... And when I called to cancel the guy couldn't be more ruder. They need to teach their employees to be tolerant.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

They never informed me I could use another store that accepts Medicaid. Then when I got glasses after paying for them in cash the bifocals were wrong. I could not even see my dash controls. I have already talked to a news station and they suggested for me to visit one more time for the Vision Center to send paperwork to Medicaid and they will pay for glasses. If Vision Center refuses then they will come with me to the store to hear both sides of the story. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I went to the Lebanon Walmart Vision Center with a prescription to get my 5 year old glasses on 11/9, the blonde lady working was very unprofessional, rude, and obviously just not wanting to be there! She had no idea what she was doing, looked at me in disbelief that I had vision insurance, but wanted to pay OOP for my son's glasses because that’s the only pair that he likes and that fit him well and Walmart doesn’t accept Humana vision. The lady was so rude that I walked out and didn’t even purchase the glasses for my son, I would rather take my business to LensCrafters, where I have always went and be treated with disrespect. I spoke with quite a few people after the fact that said the same thing. Lebanon Walmart Vision Center is a pathetic excuse for a “business” if that’s what you should even call it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I recently purchased frames and lens in Walmart Niceville Fl. The young rep was very unprofessional... just too new or lack knowledge and customer treatment issues. I ordered and was not asked about insurance. Glasses arrive and I was told too late... not able to process my insurance after the fact. I have never had this issue any glass wear facility. What is my recourse... not accept the glasses. Course I already paid in full. Another rip off... should pay upon receipt of glasses.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

After many years of getting glasses here, the current Manager ran me off with the most horrific treatment I have ever gotten and her actions also have caused me $72 in overdraft fees with my bank... Rolls her eyes when I speak, tells me to "Zip-it" like she is talking to an unwanted stepchild, talks over me, after I filed a complaint about her she told me I am "not welcome in her store". She needs to go.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I took my 4 year old to Wal-Mart vision and was given no direction on when to come back or anything about her lazy eye. He told us for her to wear glasses and sent us on our way. I took her to a different doctor who told us she was given the wrong prescription and now has lost vision in her lazy eye. She now has to wear a patch and we had to pay for new glasses. We now have 2 pairs of glasses that are of no use to us. One pair was not even used. I went back to ask for our money back for the one pair that was not used and got the run around and told it was impossible that she lost vision in her eye by someone who only makes the glasses. Very disappointed and upset with the incompetence displayed by the eye doctor at Wal-Mart vision. I would like my money back for the pair that was not used! I have also now heard a lot more complaints about Wal-Mart's eye doctor.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Purchased glasses from Wal-Mart optical and only to go back more than 5 times for repairs and then they replaced the glasses and still had problems with the glasses falling apart and then the final time when the arm of the glasses fell off and when back they said my warranty was up and they couldn't help me and all they could do it gorilla glue the arm back on. "What service and quality." When I need glasses from now on it won't be a choice I will make to return to Wal-Mart because it won't be worth my time! I would recommend reading glasses from the dollar store before Wal-Mart optical... and I only have this review a 1 star because it wouldn't let me give it a no star!

Wal-Mart Vision Center Company Information