Wal-Mart Vision Center
1.51/5
Based on 420 reviews that contain star ratings

Wal-Mart Vision Center

648 Wal-Mart Vision Center Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Shame on me for not checking the low reviews on this business. If I had, I would never have given them my business. I ordered glasses from the N Navy blvd. Pensacola Fl. store on a Thursday and was told they would be available the next Wednesday or sooner. I visited the store for groceries the next Thursday and decided to check on my glasses. There was another lady working there. She told me that she was not authorized to give out glasses to customer and the lady that could give me the glasses was off that day and would not be back until the following Monday. So, even if my glasses arrive at the store, I can't get them for another 4 days. So, instead of 7 days as shown on my sales receipt it will take at least 11 days. To me this is absurd for a business to make promises that they can't deliver on and that any business would not have personnel to properly run their business for 4 days.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I arrived at Walmart Vision Center at 4424 W. Wendover Ave. on Aug. 11, 2018 around 04:50 PM, the female employees there were really so rude, they show no respect to citizens who speak English with an accent. Instead of checking out the 4 frames I purchased for my children and myself, one employee impolitely asked me to order the frames rather than taking them from shelves as I'm taking LARGE SUPPLY from the store.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I arrived at Walmart Vision Center Fort Ogle, GA 15 min before my appointment. I filled out the paperwork and handed it back 5 min before my appointment 9:30 because I had received a reminder call on Sunday. About 9:32 they checked my pressure and correction then told me to wait, the Dr. was running late. At 9:44 I asked where the Dr. lived, the reception said she didn’t know, and I said I checked traffic on my phone and there wasn’t any problems, she replied that’s what she was told. I said I understand but the Dr. didn’t think my time was worth anything then if I was called to remind me to be on time and he's late for no apparent reason. At 9:49 Dr. arrives and checkup went thru.

Then the checkout. First she couldn’t find me in the insurance database and didn’t know how to add, this took 10 min. She finally asked for help. Then she couldn’t figure out how to add the contacts to my bill. Why she was working there I couldn’t figure out. At least the computer was already on because I know she would have never figured that out. So finally after another 10 min I went to ask another worker to help her get me out of there. I really think she did this stall maneuver on purpose. You can't be this inept and they leave you at a register. So I called Walmart and told the girl I wanted to file a complaint on Vision Center. After 4 min a guy answers. Said he was assoc. manager but wouldn’t give me a place to file a complaint. So I told him the story and he said he would go and check to see what was going on. I think I've been lied to 4 times already today.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Staff polite and helpful but frames not similar in color to the ones I picked out. I picked out very pink translucent Sophia Loren frames. What arrived were nearly clear frames with a hint of pink. The technician switched them out with the floor sample which was still not as pink as the frames I selected. I am very disappointed.

Now for the lenses. I ordered progressive lenses which I am very used to. There was a slight change in my prescription. The minute I put these glasses on and tried to read or use for midvision everything was blurry. The technician adjusted the frame several times. It helped a little. He said if I get another eye exam they will change the lenses for free if the prescription changes. So now I have to pay for another eye exam, see if the glasses are correctly made and if not probably go somewhere else to have them made where I can get the right frame and prescription. I wasted $489.00 because the glasses give me a terrible headache. I can't wear them. I suspect they don't have certified optical technicians and may use knock-off or "second" designer frames. In the end Walmart is not a bargain.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Selecting my glasses was easy. It was put together well. I felt the value of my glasses was excellent compared to other glass purchases. The Vision clerks were well trained and went out of their way to help you chose a flattering frame and make sure your selection was right for you. I received my glasses in a timely manner. Overall service was good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: May 13, 2018

Went and ordered prescription eyewear from Vision Center at Walmart 5501 Highway 6, Missouri City TX 77459. Forgot to specify "no-line bifocals" when ordering. The sales associate did not mention or offer this option when ordering. Went and picked up the glasses on May 13, 2018. The glasses had lines and this would greatly impair my reading ability and the glasses were useless with the lines in them. Particularly with this pair which is smaller in size too.

The sales associate was very "interrogatory" and unprofessional in her tone and communication and I felt that she is harassing and I felt very distressed with her style. She said I may need to get a new prescription for glasses as this pair is not working. The problem is the glasses were smaller and when you have a line at the bottom portion one have to squint to see through at the bottom section to read. Instead of trying to understanding the problem, she was loud and unprofessional. Will go back on Monday the 14th to see if it could be fixed.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I scheduled an eye exam so I could get a prescription to be able to get glasses online. I didn’t know at the time that Medicaid would help with the cost so I was paying $50 out of pocket anyway. The doctor was clearly annoyed when doing the distance exam. He tried pushing a contact prescription and contact lens package on me, even though I repeatedly told him I wasn’t interested and needed glasses to give my eyes a break. When the exam was over he had me go to the desk to check out and I asked for the prescription to be wrote down so I could get glasses. He didn’t give me the pupillary distance which I needed to fill my glasses prescription. So I asked the receptionist if I could go back in there and ask a question, when I walked in and asked him, he honestly told me, “I cannot help you, you need to leave.”

Shocked I asked the receptionist why he couldn’t give me information on my prescription, she then told me, after I paid the $50, that they don’t give the PD out unless you buy glasses from them. I’ve never met a more unprofessional doctor. How’re you not going to give someone information about their eyes because they don’t wanna pay for overpriced glasses anyways? I ended up figuring out how to measure it and ordered two pairs of glasses with my really strong prescription for just $170 off EyeBuyDirect. I highly recommend them, but I’ll never recommend going to the Vision Center at Walmart, I’m going to look into contacting someone about it as well because it's ridiculous.

Original review: April 25, 2018

In January of last year (2017), I received a notice from the Walmart Vision Center in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, saying that I was due for my periodic eye examination. In February of last year, I called the Vision Center to set-up an appointment with their optometrist. During the examination, I was given a new prescription, and I was told that I needed surgery in both of my eyes. I asked the optometrist if he could recommend a surgeon, and he did.

Immediately after the examination, I ordered two new pairs of glasses from the Vision Center (for a total of $884.10). I also had a technician replace a missing rim screw for my old glasses. I ordered the new glasses at that time, because I did NOT know that my prescription would change as a result of the surgeries. And no one at the Vision Center advised me about that. If I had been advised that my prescription would change as a result of the surgeries, I would have ordered the new glasses AFTER the surgeries. (I was NOT having any significant vision problems with my old glasses).

In June of last year, after both surgeries had been completed, the surgeon gave me a new prescription. A few days later, I called the Vision Center. I explained the situation to them, and I requested that they replace my lenses at no cost to me. They refused to do so. As a result, I went to another store and bought two more new pairs of glasses. In November of last year, I sent a complaint to the Better Business Bureau regarding this matter. In response to my complaint, the Vision Center made a FALSE statement to the Better Business Bureau. That is, the Vision Center stated that I demanded that the doctor give me a new prescription because my old glasses were broken.

That statement is false for two reasons: #1: I did NOT “demand” that the doctor give me a new prescription. The doctor gave me a new prescription because I was due for my periodic eye examination. #2: My old glasses were NOT broken. My old glasses had a missing rim screw. And when the technician replaced the missing rim screw, I was able to wear my old glasses with no problem. The Vision Center also stated to the Better Business Bureau that they would be willing to remake my glasses with my new prescription.

My response to that statement was as follows: #1: It would NOT make sense for the Vision Center to remake my glasses NOW, because I already bought two more new pairs of glasses at another store. #2: I made the following request: - For my NEXT prescription (a few years from now), the Vision Center will make TWO pairs of glasses for me at NO cost to me. - The Vision Center will make that promise in writing with no expiration date on that promise.

The Vision Center ignored my request, and the Better Business Bureau closed the case. Before the case was closed, I presented evidence (i.e., four photos) to the Better Business Bureau that contradicted the Vision Center’s false claim that my old glasses were broken. That evidence was ignored. Bottom line: Because the Vision Center did not have the courtesy to advise me regarding the effects of the surgeries, I spent nearly $900 on two pairs of glasses that I was only able to wear for four months. I was a loyal customer to the Walmart Vision Center for a number of years, but they were unwilling to correct a problem that they caused for me because they failed to give me advice that they should have given me.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Went in on March 22, 2018 to pick out eye glasses. We have to pay upfront for Manulife, so I did, paperwork was given to me to send away, I had a question about it when I got home, tried calling and cannot get thru, their machine says "this mailbox is not receiving messages", seriously??? What a way to run a business!!! Over the course of the month (it is now April 21, 2018) I stop in twice to check to see if they are in, the first time the girl (which I might add had way too much make up on) and had an attitude that would turn a horse from its oats, was extremely rude when I told her how frustrating it was that I could not get through on the phone, her answer "I'm sorry you feel that way, but we do not have a receptionist", well no kidding Einstein, I can see that, but it isn't like the store is so filled with people that they couldn't answer the phone. This is the first and last time I will EVER go to Walmart for glasses.

Lesson learned. I will stick with my Vogue Optical, they are very professional and courteous. My husband stopped in on Friday, the 20th, guess what, the glasses are in and surprise no phone call made to me which they stated they would do and no sunglasses in yet either which there was apparently a problem with. So done with this place and I will be letting everyone at my workplace know as well and I work in a hospital with a lot of staff who wear glasses.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I bought glasses at Walmart in Winchester, Va in Oct 2017. By Dec they had scratches. I used the little cloth they give you and bought a box of the wet wipes they sell. Went back to see if they would make them good. "Too bad, so sad," was the response I got. Will never buy glasses from them again. Will just have to use them until I can afford new ones. I will tell everyone I know not to buy glasses from Walmart!!!

Original review: April 11, 2018

I had an appointment for an exam. Went in and the guy told me my medical coverage had been terminated so I rescheduled appointment. Called my provider. They said my insurance was fine and was still active. I called the Vision Center and then they told me something different that I had multiple plans and that I didn’t have any eligibility for coverage through my insurance. They have wasted my time. Now I have to find another eye doctor and they’ve lost business!!!

Original review: April 8, 2018

Well my son broke his glasses... I took them to the Wal-Mart eye center within time... They told me they do not make his glasses no more... So they put a totally different color earpiece on It, Don't Fit. It's going to break in days. I was very unsatisfied. The glasses I bought did not look anything like what they brought me for me to walk out with for my child to wear. I feel as if they could of offered another pair or something.

Original review: March 17, 2018

They forgot about my appointment and I had to wait in line. Went there to get a specific eye drops prescription to treat eye inflammation. Didn't get. Absolute waste of my time and money. Vision Center at Walmart in Mountain View, CA. Do yourself a service and go to a reputable place!

Original review: March 8, 2018

When I went to pick up my glasses everything in the right lens was off. Things distorted/slanting. Took glasses back, and, was told, "Yes seemed to be something not right" that they’d send them out for a remake. Again upon 2nd pickup still a problem; and, oh, by the way they never called when they were ready. I had to follow up quite frequently. Went to pick up glasses, at 2nd attempt to get lens remade, and, not being correct, I did try to wear them a few days. Just because they insisted new RX “takes time to adjust to". Attempted to wear them even though my vision was VERY distorted in the right lens. Took back and was told they’d send to a DIFFERENT lab BUT I explained they’d had 2 attempts and since they weren’t able to get glasses right I wanted a refund to go somewhere else as I needed my glasses!!

Next day took them back for a refund. I explained that since I paid in cash I should receive cash!! Their reply: No. They would have to send a check in 2 to 3 weeks!?!? Expressed they should give me cash as I had paid cash!! Was told no at first BUT I went back several times insisting they should refund the same way I paid, minus the insurance part. They FINALLY did. During this whole terrible ordeal I tried to remain calm & not get my blood pressure up as I’ve had 2 mini strokes from stress, and, I surely wasn’t gonna let this happen... If you want rude service & defective glasses go to West Columbia SC Vision Ctr.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

The glasses they gave me are wrong the first time! Second time glasses gave me severe migraines. Ended up in the emergency room! Have never had a migraine in my life! Walmart refuse to do anything about this! I paid $500 for the terrible headache which didn't cover my emergency room visit! Please let me know what to do. This is ridiculous!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

If you ever listen to a review heed this warning. Purchased glasses. They came in. Everything in one lens was off. Everything badly tilted. Took glasses back. They said they sent them out to remake the lens. They never did and called they were done. Went to pick up glasses, nothing had been done and they unscrewed the lens that did not need fixing. That was done to make it look as if they had the lens remade. Picked them up. Attempted to wear them. Horrid vision from the right lens. Next day took them back for a refund.

I had paid in cash so should have received cash back. No they are sending a check in 2 to 3 weeks, long time when you paid in cash. Asked if they could give me cash like I had paid. They called the police on me. No joke. I never yelled or anything. Was calm doing whole interaction. I have never had the police called on me in my life or did I deserve it by Walmart Vision of Queensbury, NY. I have never felt so abused in my life. If you want rude service and the police called on you if they make you defective glasses. Walmart Vision center of Queensbury, NY is a place to avoid at all costs.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I really liked that the examiner took his time and tested each eye various ways. I was completely satisfied. I have gone to another Wal-Mart and it was OK but this new location was so much better. They have a good assortment for the value.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Went to Ledgewood NJ Walmart Vision Center. Liked a pair of glasses. Frames were 150 and God knows how much they were charging for transitions lenses but the total would have been 450 dollars before insurance and after insurance 350. I think they don't know pricing with insurance. I purchased the glasses then went online 20 mins later and found the frames online for 75... And when I called to cancel the guy couldn't be more ruder. They need to teach their employees to be tolerant.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

They never informed me I could use another store that accepts Medicaid. Then when I got glasses after paying for them in cash the bifocals were wrong. I could not even see my dash controls. I have already talked to a news station and they suggested for me to visit one more time for the Vision Center to send paperwork to Medicaid and they will pay for glasses. If Vision Center refuses then they will come with me to the store to hear both sides of the story. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I went to the Lebanon Walmart Vision Center with a prescription to get my 5 year old glasses on 11/9, the blonde lady working was very unprofessional, rude, and obviously just not wanting to be there! She had no idea what she was doing, looked at me in disbelief that I had vision insurance, but wanted to pay OOP for my son's glasses because that’s the only pair that he likes and that fit him well and Walmart doesn’t accept Humana vision. The lady was so rude that I walked out and didn’t even purchase the glasses for my son, I would rather take my business to LensCrafters, where I have always went and be treated with disrespect. I spoke with quite a few people after the fact that said the same thing. Lebanon Walmart Vision Center is a pathetic excuse for a “business” if that’s what you should even call it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I recently purchased frames and lens in Walmart Niceville Fl. The young rep was very unprofessional... just too new or lack knowledge and customer treatment issues. I ordered and was not asked about insurance. Glasses arrive and I was told too late... not able to process my insurance after the fact. I have never had this issue any glass wear facility. What is my recourse... not accept the glasses. Course I already paid in full. Another rip off... should pay upon receipt of glasses.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

After many years of getting glasses here, the current Manager ran me off with the most horrific treatment I have ever gotten and her actions also have caused me $72 in overdraft fees with my bank... Rolls her eyes when I speak, tells me to "Zip-it" like she is talking to an unwanted stepchild, talks over me, after I filed a complaint about her she told me I am "not welcome in her store". She needs to go.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I took my 4 year old to Wal-Mart vision and was given no direction on when to come back or anything about her lazy eye. He told us for her to wear glasses and sent us on our way. I took her to a different doctor who told us she was given the wrong prescription and now has lost vision in her lazy eye. She now has to wear a patch and we had to pay for new glasses. We now have 2 pairs of glasses that are of no use to us. One pair was not even used. I went back to ask for our money back for the one pair that was not used and got the run around and told it was impossible that she lost vision in her eye by someone who only makes the glasses. Very disappointed and upset with the incompetence displayed by the eye doctor at Wal-Mart vision. I would like my money back for the pair that was not used! I have also now heard a lot more complaints about Wal-Mart's eye doctor.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Purchased glasses from Wal-Mart optical and only to go back more than 5 times for repairs and then they replaced the glasses and still had problems with the glasses falling apart and then the final time when the arm of the glasses fell off and when back they said my warranty was up and they couldn't help me and all they could do it gorilla glue the arm back on. "What service and quality." When I need glasses from now on it won't be a choice I will make to return to Wal-Mart because it won't be worth my time! I would recommend reading glasses from the dollar store before Wal-Mart optical... and I only have this review a 1 star because it wouldn't let me give it a no star!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I have been a Walmart Vision Center customer for around 20 years. In that time I have gotten both glasses and contact lenses from three different Walmart Vision Centers. When it was time for me to get my most recent set of glasses, almost 2 years ago now, I went to the Coal Twp. Walmart Vision Center #2481. I had an eye exam and ordered my glasses as usual. The fit was good and the prescription worked for me to see clearly. As has been my habit, I always clean my glasses only with Walmart's cleaning solution and cleaning cloth. Despite this, after about 6 months of normal wear, the lenses began scratch severely - to the point of making normal vision impossible (even with the scratch resistance coating on them). I took them back to the Vision Center and they were willing to replace them for me. It took about a week of wearing my old prescription glasses until the replacement lenses were in. I thought the problem was fixed.

Another 6 months or so later, and I'm bringing severely scratched lenses back to Walmart Vision center again. Another week of wearing old prescription glasses and another week of waiting for the problem to be fixed. A week, ago, I made my 3rd trip into Walmart's Vision Center to have severely scratched lenses replaced. At first, I was told that the glasses were more than a year old and that the warranty was expired. I pointed out that the lenses were less than a year old and a defective product. The Coal Twp. Vision Center manager offered to replace the lenses one more time. This time she "suddenly realized" that the problem all along was that the anti-glare coating on the lenses was defective - probably the same problem as the 3 previous times I brought severely scratched lenses in. She assured me she would put the order through without the anti-glare coating and that should solve the problem.

It's been a week of wearing a now 5 year old prescription in my old, now broken frames; a week of distorted vision and the dizziness that includes. I called to see if my lenses were in. I was told they were. But, before I could leave to get to the Vision Center to get this 4th set of lenses for these glasses, the Vision Center manager called back to say that the lab had made the new lenses wrong and now I will have to wait another week for the problem to be corrected! This is NOT acceptable quality. This is NOT acceptable customer service. And this is NOT acceptable competence from Walmart's employees; especially toward a long time customer. I repeatedly complained about the defective product that was sold to me. I complained about the defective replacements. Nothing was done to change the coating problem on the lenses.

It has been a hassle and an aggravation for me to have to return and be inconvenienced several times because this problem wasn't corrected by Walmart's Vision Centers. This is not the Walmart I have loyally patronized for 20 years. If they cannot correct these problems, I will urge everyone I know to never patronize Walmart's Vision Centers again. That also goes for me as well. Unless I see a real effort to make up for this lousy product and lousy customer service, I am also done as a Walmart Vision Center customer.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I put my glass prescription in on Aug. 18, 2017. It is now Sept. 18, 2017 and still no glasses. I have been told that the person putting the glass into the frames broke them twice... REALLY... They broke them twice. Who do they have doing this job??? Not very happy at all. They never once called me and told me... It has been me trying to chase them down to get them to answer the phone or having to go to store to talk to them. Will never get glasses there again. They never gave me any order number when I gave them my prescription in store.They just said... They will call when they are done.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

My doctor gave me a new prescription and I had a pair of Sunglasses made at MyEyeDoc. They are perfect. I need two pair of regular glasses so I tried Walmart Vision. Using the same prescription as the Sun Glasses, I ordered my glasses. First only one pair came in and the other had to be re-ordered. This happened before I came in for my glasses.

When I did come in for the one pair, they were totally off and everything was blurry. The Optician tried and tried to adjust them, but then finally realized that they had sent in the wrong numbers. So the glasses had to be re-ordered. So now we are at 8/26/17, and I originally came in on July 29th. On August 31, I was notified that the glasses were in. I went to pick them up the same day. And for the second time, my vision was blurry. He again tried every adjustment. I had no intention of going through it again, I asked for and received a refund. At MyEyeDoc, it was done perfectly the first time with my Sunglasses. NEVER AGAIN AT WALMART.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

There was a wide selection, and I am quite satisfied with my glasses. The quality is good and the value was very good for the price, which was quite reasonable. I was very pleased with my selection and appreciated the assistance I received from the optician. I received my glasses in a short period of time and I am able if I need any adjustments to just stop in the store even without an appointment, and have any problems corrected.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

My wife got glasses from a Walmart Vision Center in South Carolina, in April, 2017. We traveled to California in July, 2017, for a 5-week trip. Early in this time, it became apparent that the glasses were defective -- she, and anyone who looked, could see square patterns on the glass. We went to a Vision Center, and were told that the coating was defective. The manager pulled up our account from South Carolina, and then ordered a replacement, telling us that he expected that the glasses would be delivered to the Vision Center in California within two weeks. Three weeks from our original visit, they have not been so delivered, and we have to go back to South Carolina. We hope that the glasses are eventually delivered there. The manager says that communication with the lab in Fayetteville, Arkansas, is limited.

This is not a critique of the local Vision Centers. Such employees are courteous and helpful. But it IS a criticism of the central laboratory, which, in the first place, produced some defective glasses, and, in the second, did not send a replacement within a reasonable time, and, of course, we are not sure we'll ever get such a replacement, or that, if it comes, it won't be defective.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I felt like was the only customer there and they spoiled me. I was welcomed, got in right away for exam and brought out to the wonderful optician. I tried on several pairs and the gal was right there to show me what she thought I may like. The 9.00 frames have held up wonderfully. Not many in this style but that was ok. Overall, they have great price, great service, great quality.

Wal-Mart Vision Center Company Information