Wal-Mart Vision Center

Compare Eyeglasses Online

Research top Eyeglasses Online recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

December 28, 2016 (1:30pm) - Taylor, Michigan Walmart Eye Exam. My husband and I stopped in to see about getting his eyes checked and getting him some eye glasses... but when we entered the Walmart's Eye Exam, the available optometrist greeted us with one of the most rude and condescending attitudes I've seen in quite a while.

As with any business inquiries, my husband and I first approached the checkout counter to wait for assistance while noticing an optometrist was attending to a single patron seated at one of the fitting tables. Ready to wait our turn, we were caught off guard when the optometrist stopped and without so much as a "Hi" looked over at us and immediately asked us if we had an appointment to which we responded "no, but we were hoping to make an appointment".

It was here that her demeanor took on a more than sarcastic undertone for reasons I don't know. But it began with her rolling her eyes at us, and using a very condescending voice, she asked "who's the appointment for?" to which I replied it was for my husband who was now standing close to my right hand side. The optometrist then fixed her glare at my husband and sarcastically asked him "Well, do you have an appointment?" to which my husband responded "No I do not, but I wanted to see if I could make one".

Now obviously irritated, the optometrist then asked in a manner to insinuate it was a high probability he did not. "Well do you have insurance" to which my husband responded "yes", but I assume she did not hear him, because she then repeated her question somewhat louder, "Do you have insurance". And it was at this moment, I decided if this was to be the attitude and approach Walmart optometrists would be using in dealing with us as a customer, it was probably in our best interest to seek out another optometrist for a more customer friendly service.

So before I would have to deal with any more underlying attitude and rudeness, I stopped her by saying, "you know what, Yes we have insurance, it's VSP Vision, and no I don't think we'll be using Walmart for our business as it is very apparent our service is not wanted here." And with those parting words we left the store all the while hearing the optometrist relaying comments of "who cares" and "go ahead" to the sitting customer she was talking to when we entered.

So NO, I would not recommend Walmart as the place to go for your eye exam and glasses, or at least not until they learn the true meaning of common courtesy when working with the general public. Very dissatisfied! Shame on the Optometrist for her condescending and rude approach to two people who just wanted to make an appointment for an eye exam. Took our business to SVS Vision, who was more than willing to help us in a more customer friendly environment.

Redlands, Ca. Vision Center. I am disappointed and displeased with the service that I received when I came into your store on 12/24/16 at 5:15 pm by Carolina. I approached her and explained that I had purchased 3 pair of glasses the day before. One pair for each of my daughters Angelia, Joecelyn and myself. However, I did not focus on the fact that I had a secondary insurance for myself on the day that I purchased the glasses and had to pay around $175.00 out of my pocket. I explained that my secondary insurance was Risk Management and that Walmart should be able to bill the secondary insurance so that the total cost of the glasses would covered. Carolina explained that she had NEVER heard of such a thing. She stated that, I would have to purchase a second pair of glasses to do that. I explained to her that I did not need a second pair of glasses and that this is accepted routine in the healthcare field.

I ask her to contact her manager on call and ask him how to deal with this situation if she was not familiar with how to take care of the problem at hand. I WAS THE ONLY CUSTOMER IN THE STORE AT THE TIME. She stated "I do not have a manager to call. Don't you think they have days off." I explained "unless you are the manager of the day; there will always be someone on call that can assist you with problems such as this." She handed me a business card and told me that I can address this with her manager on Tuesday. I explained it will be too late then but at this point you can still bill the insurance. She stated the glasses have already been shipped. I also told her this is not the way to treat your routine customers. She offered me a form where I could fill out myself and take to Risk management.

I explained that I can take my business elsewhere in future purchases that will bill my insurances without problems and that I will not be doing the footwork myself. Carolina was very unpleasant, unhelpful and appeared aggravated. I was the only customer that she was dealing with and she did not want to help me. She was unable to empathize and understand the meaning of $175.00 to another person and it is hard to believe that she would be left without a manager of the day to consult.

In the last 2 years my family and I have purchased 5 pair of glasses, 1 pair of contacts and have been seen twice by a Walmart optometrist. I am requesting that she be reprimanded for her poor customer service and that action be taken to bill my secondary insurance Risk Management. I would like a written letter to explain how this was handled or in the future I will take my business elsewhere where they will take care of me like I deserve to be treated.

I've purchased eyeglasses and exam yearly without issue and very satisfied with the pricing and selection. At my recent appointment on December 13, 2016, the assistant went over my yearly review in which I explained a change from a work computer to a tablet that has less than 6 point type and my difficulties in reading the small type font and that I may be able to retain the desktop with validation. She had no issue and told me she would write it on the updated document if we need to reference as proof.

I explained it was just a yearly check up and other than that everything was fine. I was very dismayed when taken back to the optometrist and the nasty demeanor I encountered. I said nothing about the tablet and said it was just a yearly check up for my year's new pair. He started by asking me to read the smallest type and when asked to cover an eye and read the smallest type and I explained it was blurry he became very rude stating my glasses were bent a bit and knocked the bifocal off.

I tried to explain I had no issue at all with the glasses. He said I was banging up the glasses? Yes, I do wear them daily numerous hours which I'm sure they had wear but the glasses were far from "banged up." He said that he prescribed the highest lens and didn't know what I "wanted him to do." He said I had glasses of an elderly person. I said I understood but that I had no issues.

He said there was nothing more he could do and again repeated "I banged up the glasses." I felt extremely uncomfortable with his condescending demeanor and false accusations. I already had chosen the frame, etc but was not pleased in the manner in which I was treated. I fear if I did really need to bring the glasses in for repair he would lash out. Not sure what I can do at this point?

Very very unqualified people work at Tucker Wal-Mart. They refuse to give me my prescription. They charge me $300 for glasses but they can't give prescription. This people are clearly in violation so healthcare laws. I am considering to sue them. Bad bad bad people. Someone need to teach them lesson.

I was assisted by Sarah ** at the Vision Care Center. I had my nose piece on my glasses crack and fell off as I was reading my favorite book! So after work I drove to my local Walmart. Being new in the area, I was so grateful to be greeted and approached for assisting me. Sarah couldn't have been more pleasant and reassuring to take care of my situation. I was very impressed by her customer care. It is very rare to find a kind and respectful woman working during this busy Holiday with patience. Thank-you! Merry Christmas! So I would like to have her noticed by her superiors and Congratulate her for her service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

I have gone to Walmart located at 169 Norman Station Mooresville, NC 28117 several times for my son's glasses (bought about 4 pairs now) which are the scratch resistant, and transitions which are typically more expensive. Recently got him the transitions sport and they had a weird fit. I returned them and they were sure not to give me back my money but exchange only.

I went there today and told the woman at the counter that I wanted to be measured so that I could get an idea as to which frames would work best. Her attitude was terrible; she didn't really want to help. She told me she wouldn't get to that just yet and that I needed to pick a pair first. She didn't seem too interested in giving excellent customer service nor did she think that I was going to get glasses. Because of her nasty disposition and unwilling attitude to assist me in picking a pair I decided to leave. Their whole staff seems to be a little money hungry which is in direct conflict with wanting to provide the best service. I will not be back at the Walmart Vision center for my glasses nor my son's; I'm done with bad customer service.

I went to your store, had exam, and ordered glasses. When they came in they were wrong. I could not read at all with them so returned them to the store. Lady stated she ordered wrong so new lens came in again. I could read with them but could not see distance so sent back... Was told was a lab mistake. So now sent the lens back. This is terrible that you pay for something and DO NOT get lens you can use. I do not feel I should have to pay for these glasses making 3 trips to get glasses and YOU make so many MISTAKES. Never gave me a order number.

I was very dissatisfied with my experience with Wal-Mart Vision Center. I started off with having my exam there. First they had trouble with one of the machines at sizing my eye. I don't believe my eye exam was the greatest. It was about 5 minutes and that was all. Not a very thorough exam. Next was picking out my glasses. I don't believe that anyone in the vision center knew exactly what they were doing. While I was picking out glasses one said they looked good on me and the other said that they were too big. Well I managed to get those glasses and they were too big on me. They hurt the heck out of my face and my ears and too heavy for me. When I got them all that they did was just basically hand them to me and I was on my way. No adjusting hardly. They asked if I could see and I said that they were blurry but I was to get used to them. It might take me a week to a few months.

So anyways I toyed and of course they started hurting so I went back in to get a different pair of glasses. A pair that was very lightweight and rimless. She started my order and then said I couldn't have them because my prescription was too high. So she tried a different way to order them and they went through finally. So I waited for those glasses to come in and when they did I drove 20 miles into town which wasn't the first time that was a waste of gas for me. The first time I went in to get my glasses they were suppose to be open but weren't. I guess the lady was at break and no sign or anything so I left. This time I went in to get my second pair of glasses and I handed them my first pair that I ordered and she took them back and came back with the same pair. Not the pair that I had ordered the second time. I asked her where they were and she said "I don't know. I don't have no orders for them."

I put them on anyways and couldn't see nothing with these ones but of course she said "Well that's the same prescription. I don't know why." So I finally managed to find the glasses I ordered again and she reordered them once again and again I had to wait another 7 to 10 days again and by this time I had went without my glasses for a whole month. So she reordered them and then called me a few days later and said I couldn't have any of the rimless glasses because my prescription was too high. So back once again to go find another pair of glasses. I finally just got my refund and went somewhere else. I now have a nice pair of rimless glasses and pair of glasses that I can see out of and it didn't take me a whole week to a month to get used to them. I will never go back to Walmart again for glasses. Either they don't know what they are doing or those are such cheap lenses. I don't know.

I called the Eye Exam Dept in Walmart and made an appt being told that walk-ins were not accepted. I got to my appt 15 minutes early and was the only one in the waiting room. In those 15 minutes of waiting 3 people walked in and were told the Dr. was with someone but they could see him when he was done. The Dr. came out of his office 10 minutes after my appt and took in a walk in and left me sitting there. I respect the Dr. time... and I expect mine to be respected to. I left and will look for a different Dr. I will not be going back.

My son purchased frames from the Vision Center @ Walmart at the Kitchener Supercentre, Sunrise Shopping Centre location. Over time the arm of the frame slightly rotated inwards but the frame was still wearable. My son brought the frame to the Vision Centre in hopes that they may rectify the problem. They BROKE THE ARM OFF AND THEN TOLD HIM HE CAN PURCHASE NEW FRAMES FOR THE COST OF $49. I went in, they tried to tell me because they have experience with these glasses it was acceptable. I told them if they knew they couldn't fix the glasses they should of left it alone as the glasses were wearable prior to bringing them in, now they are not. I have left a voice message with the "opticians" so called "supervisors" voice mail and reported this to my insurance provider as well.

I ordered glasses over a week ago. Was promised to have glasses Sat. Then phone on Oct 31 and she said it was a quality control issues and she didn't know when my glasses were coming. I want my glasses that are already been paid for ahead. Usually I pay for service after it comes. Not before! Anyway need them to see.

Eyeglasses are a joke. Bad lenses. Took them back 3... 4 times... factory cracks on frame and lenses. Cannot use them at all now. Small claims court may be necessary if I can't get satisfaction. You need to shut down your eye centers.

Not too long ago I purchased new glasses through Wal-Mart in Saint Augustine FL. A couple of weeks later I noticed scratches on my lens. Thinking it was my own fault, I was more careful. I'm a sales manager for a company downtown in Saint Augustine and realized that there shouldn't be any damage to my glasses since the don't get dropped or knocked around. I only clean them with the solution I was given when I purchased the pair of glasses. Now it being 6 months or so they're horribly scratched. I don't make a lot of money and when I did I bought glasses around the same cost from eye doctor offices and they lasted for years. I'm very disappointed in this new glasses and don't think I'll ever go back to the eye center. The representative wasn't very helpful when asked about any warranty and basically push me since she working with another customer. With my company if someone comes in with a complaint we generally stop everything.

After waiting patiently in line for a long time the manager stopped by and asked a young ** girl if she was here for pick up. Yes was the reply. The girl was allowed to the front of the line. I told her I was here for pick up as well. She acknowledged me. When I stepped up to the register the manager told me somebody else would have to wait on me. She then proceeded to wait on a young ** couple. When I requested the manager's name I was told it was the lady who just allowed the young girl to take cuts. When I requested her manager's name and number I was given a bogus number. I am an older ** male disabled vet. The manager was a middle aged ** woman. I have worked with many people of different backgrounds and never had an issue.

Thought I had ordered contacts (different strengths for left and right eye). Received call stating that the order was in and ready. When I went to pick up, Vision Center had only ordered contacts for one eye. Customer questioned representative and Kim expressed miscommunication when she had made copies of the prescriptions and noting specifics as well as physician contact information. Yet, the Center failed to follow up with the doctor to clarify any questions that the Center might have had. Due to this experience, told the Center to cancel the order.

Customer went with a different company the following day after Vision Center was instructed to cancel the order all together. Placed an order online through 1-800-contacts (just like I did in Walmart Vision Center) and the next day the contacts were verified with my physician by that company and shipped all within a 24-hour time frame.

Yet, still having to deal with Walmart Vision Center... Now Tiffany, the manager, is involved noting MY confusion when she left a message on my home answering machine. I had updated my contact information when the order was placed but I guess the Center failed to successfully update that as well. Just a note: If I was confused, how could I successfully order through another vendor. Furthermore, the Manager also expressed the amount of time she was placed on hold today while the receptionist at the doctor's office obtained and clarified the confusion to their staff. This call by the Vision Center did not take place until more than 7 days after the initial order to finally verify the prescription since they were unsure of what to order.

Based on this experience and interactions with the staff, Walmart Vision Center fails to provide satisfactory vision services to their customers. The staff did not take the initiative to follow through on an order and also placed the blame on the customer for their mistake. If the Center had been proactive in checking when the order was initially placed and not waiting a week to follow up then this order might have been turned out differently. This company does not value their customers or efficiently handle orders placed. It is haphazard in its dealings.

Went for eye exam on the first of Sept 2016. Did more exams than I wanted, picked out frames. Ten days later I received my sun glasses, the left lens was so off I couldn't see through them. Though the doctor was frustrated and so was I he treated me like it was my problem. However he did another eye exam and re-ordered my lens. On 9-26-16 I picked up my glasses again, this time the right lens was wrong and left was off too. Their attitude was not caring or professional. This was expensive and a very bad learning experience. At this point I'm going to cut my losses and go somewhere else. The Hartwell, Ga. Wal-Mart Vision Center, l wouldn't recommend to anyone.

July/August 2015, I went for an eye test at Wal-Mart Minot, N.D. Everything was of good service, where after I ordered lenses (I supplied the frame) from Wal-Mart Vision Center. The lenses arrived, got fitted. From day one I had only joy with the new glasses. Eleven months later, some spots appeared on the lenses. At Wal-Mart Vision Center I was told that they will order a new set of lenses, at no cost (under guarantee). They got fitted, and I could not read fine print. With the first set, I could easily. Another set was ordered, same story, blurred vision when I try to read fine print.

Out of desperation, I asked the old lenses back, bought a similar frame, went back to Wal-Mart Vision Center, had the old lenses fitted. One prescription, two sets of glasses, one brand new, blurring, one with spots, perfect reading. A very helpful lady at the Vision Center tried her best to resolve the issue without any luck. Seems that the person, or people responsible, cannot be reached, or does not care!!! This is unpleasant, costs money and leave me with nowhere to go to sort it out. I am not used to this kind of treatment. It's frustrating.

I purchased prescription sunglasses from Wal-mart S.P.A.R. Rd Sydney Nova Scotia the end of March 2016. They are less than 6 months old. I noticed a crack in the frames which got progressively worst. I went back with them to the Vision Care at Walmart and was told they were not covered to be replaced. I would have to rebuy the frames. I have never hear such a policy in my entire life when purchases glasses.

Of course I did not rebuy the frames but took my glasses to another optical who found frames to fit my lens that same day. They are warranty for one year. Thank you Vogue Optical. Buyer beware. Your frames have no warranty at Walmart. I called the supervisor from Vision Care in Ontario without any reply. Walmart you suck in customer service.

I went to the Wal-Mart in Lincolnton NC last summer, 2015. My glasses are very expensive because I have astigmatism. When my glasses came back they didn't sit right on my face. I put the glasses on the table and told the guy they weren't level. He moved the nose part slightly but they still didn't feel right. I also felt like a drunk while wearing them.

I knew it would take some time to get use to them. But something just wasn't right. I stopped in 2 weeks later and told them. They checked to make sure my lens were made to the dr.'s specifications (they said they did this, I can't prove they did) and told me everything was right. I just needed a bit more time to get used to them. I have ALWAYS had to shove them up on my nose to keep them in place. Well stupid, stupid me. I finally realized one ear piece was SHORTER than the other which was causing them not to sit properly which was throwing off my vision.

Oh, but they don't sell the frame anymore. That one yr guarantee they have? Hog wash! I was told they would replace the frame with another comparable frame but I'd be responsible for the lens. My lens cost $400 frickin' dollars! I am on disability and can't afford another pair. I really wish I had looked at reviews before going to Wal-Mart. Not only am I heart broken over this but my EYES will forever be screwed up!

Went to Walmart Vision Center for a well overdue eye exam. My exam was like a two minute exam. I thought that was strange. My eyesight isn't that bad. One eye is a little worse than the other. I wear no-line bifocals. They called me about a week later to pick up my new glasses. I put them on and felt sick almost immediately. I could NOT see a thing up close. Distance seemed like it may have been ok. I told them I will take them home and see how they are. After about half an hour I had a pounding headache and felt nauseated.

Took them back. New eye exam. (1 minute). They thought maybe the bifocal part was too high or too low so remeasured. Three different girls came up with 2 different measurements so they decided to go with the 2 girls' measurements. 2 weeks went by maybe more. They called to come pick up my glasses. I wasn't feeling well but went anyway. Put them on and basically threw them on the counter. Same thing. Couldn't see!!! I told the lady I wasn't feeling well and would have to come back another day. I haven't been back yet. I am so disappointed. I see so many other complaints. I guess I made a bad decision going there.

I bought a pair of glasses in 2014. I can't see out of them. The lady told me I would get used to them. The frame is still new but the glass part is cloudy or scratched or something. I took them back and lady told me I waited too long. I spent a lot of money to get no line bifocal, anti fog non-glare and tinted for sunlight. I am so disappointed with them. I cried and let it go. I am not a rich person. I hope and pray no one else gets ripped off like this. Never buy my glasses from them again. I have let too much time pass. It wouldn't do me any good to try to get help now.

In January 2016 I went to Walmart for a new pair of glasses after my cataract surgery. I was told that Medicare would not pay for my glasses and it was my responsibility. I needed the glasses and paid $288.00. I was notified in May that Medicare paid $120.33. I went to Walmart Vision Center and requested to be reimbursed for over-payment. I was told that it would take 6 to 8 weeks for a refund. Now 8 weeks has come and gone and I am now being told that it is in the legal department and that I will receive a refund but they don't know when. This in my opinion is not legal.

1380 W elliot rd Tempe, Az 85284 Vision Center. I have been going here for my contact lens exams for probably 10 years or more. I have always been taken care of promptly and courteously. In fact Dr. ** at this location has been there for years. I went over yesterday because I had a really bloodshot eye and was hoping there had been a cancellation. They got me in for an appointment with Dr. ** within literally minutes of arrival. Everything he advised me to do, was right on and today my eye is quite a bit better. He is so friendly. He treats people like they are his old best friend from years ago. I have other issues with this Wal-Mart - however the Vision Center is Phenomenal!!

Went to Walmart in Glendale AZ some years ago and bought prescription glasses with their doctor's Rx. They came back with the right lens in the left side and the left lens in the right side. Sent them back twice, same thing. Told the girl I wanted a refund (we are talking over $400.00 here). Was told that was impossible. When I turned to my husband and said "Let's go home. I am calling Channel 12 about this..." I had a full refund the next day.

I visited the Vision Center on Hwy 280, Bham, Al, in Oct. 2015 and am still suffering from that visit. My accountant actually had previously filmed thieves hanging out there, as he suspected them. I was followed all around Walmart after they obviously spied my big, new, very nice wallet, which I had taken out of my large tote to replace my credit card while there. The thief lifted it while my hand was on my tote, but I was bent over to a lower shelf. The policeman explained this to me as the manager would not let me view the thief. I discovered the thief at checkout. I had to demand to see the manager and I got the assistant mgr, who told the police that I had accused the cashier of the theft. She obviously did not understand English well enough. NOT ONLY DOES WALMART NOT CARE ABOUT THESE THIEVES' ACTIVITY, BUT THEY OFFER NO ASSISTANCE WHATSOEVER WHEN THEIR CUSTOMERS ARE TARGETED.

I went to Walmart Vision Center in Colonial Heights, VA to get contacts on June 30, 2016. I live in Colonial Heights but usually order online, but I pay for a new type of vision insurance and I had to go to a store to order them. I was told no problems 7-10 days, well after a week of trying to call because it's very hard to reach someone I was told they should've been there, and said it looks like they are in the store but have not been delivered to us yet. They told me they have them by Tuesday July 12 at the latest.

Well first off, they close the vision store early then the hours of operational, because I went after work on Monday and Tuesday at 6:00 and they were close, they are suppose to be open until 7, the sign saids it on the front of entrance plus website. I called the following day to ask about my contacts, and they still do not have them. Are you serious? I told her she said 7-10 business days and can't count weekend. I said "well vision center is open on Saturday so that is one of your business days and mail services run on Saturdays..." So no excuse... its been 12 business days and over two weeks... I will never order these again from Walmart Vision Center, when I can get them in 2 days from ordering online. There is more going on here, then it takes two weeks or longer to get them... what? Are they coming from JAPAN...

Most Walmart Vision Centers are poor due to their contractual set up with the providers. There is little accountability by the centers as they are Independent of Walmart. In Melbourne FL at 8500 Wickham they let their phone ring 20 times before picking up. They are unprofessional and clueless in handling customer service problems. I demanded a refund rather than put up with these issues any longer. Time to get glasses was misrepresented and one pair "failed inspection" so they wanted me to wait even longer to get the other pair. You get what you pay for, as usual.

The first time I went they ordered the wrong lens, which I paid for and the ones they should of ordered the first time. The 2nd time I went they never even called me to tell me my glasses were in. I called after a month and they said they called once. I never got a call. If they did call, it was only one time in a month. We need our glasses and they have plenty of time on their hands. Would it hurt to call again to make sure we get our glasses? I am done with this place.

Went into store to have an nose piece replaced. It had fallen off and ** and ** were so polite and helping. Later returned to have the nose piece adjusted and they were so pleasant and helpful. I just want you to know what a delight it was to have them serve me. I originally had purchased my glasses in Florida at a Walmart in St Cloud. ** and ** at the center at Store 1270 at 1201 Knox Avenue North Augusta, SC 29841 are gracious ladies. Walmart is fortunate to have them. Great service.

The eye doctor was thorough and no problem. The assistant was helpful when picking frames total cost was $545.00. The problem started once the glasses arrived with the lenses in. After three separate attempts with different assistants, none were able to fit my glasses correctly. They kept slipping down my nose. It became obvious that all had inadequate training or no training at all regarding fitting.

Finally, after total frustration I went to Visionworks in the mall, who adjusted them perfectly at no charge! The lack of training is Wal-Mart Vision Center's managements' fault as none of the three ladies knew how to fit glasses. I was told the following "my ears weren't level", to "wear my glasses over my hair", "glasses don't fit the same once the lenses are added". I have worn glasses since I was a child and have had many pairs of glasses at various locations and this was the worst ever. I am very unsatisfied with Wal-Mart Vision Center and will NOT return or recommend.

Wal-Mart Vision Center Company Profile