4.3/5 (419 ratings)

About 39dollarglasses.com

39DollarGlasses is an online retailer specializing in glasses, sunglasses and contact lenses. Each pair of glasses comes with scratch-resistant coating and UV protection. Inventory includes narrow and round glasses, glasses designed for working on a computer or driving and frames for teens and toddlers.

Pros

• Made in the U.S.
  • Free shipping on orders of $99
  • Affordable

Cons

• Online only
  • No high-end designer options

Bottom Line

True to its name, 39DollarGlasses sells glasses starting at $39. All eyewear includes a worry-free guarantee with 30 days to return and 90 days to exchange.

Top 39dollarglasses.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Verified

39dollarglasses was quick and easy. I'm very happy with the process and the results. I've ordered sunglasses and regular glasses. I’ve also ordered glasses for my father that were...

Verified

… The quality of the glasses has been excellent too. The shipping could be a little bit faster from when the prescription is submitted though. But that's the only negative comment...

How 39DollarGlasses works

39DollarGlasses has an extensive inventory of glasses for men, women, teens and kids you can search online. You can filter your search by frame shape, material and color as well as width and temple (“arm”) length.

39DollarGlasses uses ExactFit technology to help you get a clear picture of how different glasses will look and feel on your face. With ExactFit, you must enter your pupillary distance (PD) number. If you don’t know how far apart your pupils are, use the AccuPD feature to gauge your PD. ExactFit then calculates the measurements of your face from a photograph.

You can then pick a few glasses you like and see how they look on your face. Once you’ve completed the virtual try-on and found the pair you want, you can customize details like the lens tint and optional anti-glare coating. Choose from four different lens types:

• Single-vision for distance
  • Single-vision for reading
  • Regular bifocals with a link
  • Progressive lenses (no-line bifocals)

After you choose the lens package and enter your prescription, you can enter any coupon codes or discounts and select a shipping option.

39DollarGlasses costs

As of publishing, eyewear from 39DollarGlasses costs anywhere from $39 to $69. However, special upgrades, like anti-glare coating and photochromic lenses, can raise the final price to $100 or more. Lenses for distance and reading come standard with most frames, and bifocals and progressive lenses cost a little more.

The UltimateView Light and Thin Rx lenses are standard. At checkout, you have the option to purchase the following lens package upgrades:

• UltimateView Tinted RX Lenses: $9.95
  • UltimateView Light & Thin Rx Lenses with Premium Anti-Glare Coating: $24
  • Transitions Signature Light & Thin Photochromic Rx Lenses: $98

39DollarGlasses shipping options

Shipping costs range from free to $17.90. As of publishing, 39DollarGlasses offers four different shipping options:

Shipping MethodShipping timecostCost for orders over $99
USPS First Class2 to 8 business days$4.95Free
FedEx 2-Day Express2 business days$9.95$5.00
FedEx Next Day1 business day$17.90$12.95
First Class International7 to 14 business days$12.95$8.00

39DollarGlasses return policy

39DollarGlasses’ worry-free guarantee lets you return your glasses for a full refund within 30 days and exchange them within 90 days. Most orders are refundable for in-store credit after the first 30 days. However, shipping charges are nonrefundable. Multifocal lenses and contacts are excluded from this policy.

• Multifocal lenses: Bifocal or progressive lenses can be exchanged one time for free within 90 days of delivery.
  • Contact lenses: Contacts can be returned within 60 days of purchase as long as they are in their original condition (not opened or damaged).

39DollarGlasses FAQ

How long does it take to get glasses from 39DollarGlasses?
It typically takes between two and seven business days to get orders from 39DollarGlasses.
Does 39DollarGlasses have a warranty?
Yes. 39DollarGlasses’ warranty coverage is based on lens type. The company includes a standard 30-day return policy and a 90-day exchange policy on most orders.
Does 39DollarGlasses have specialty lens options available?
Yes. 39DollarGlasses offers dozens of lens packages for different vision needs. These include lenses specifically for reading, seeing at night, seeing far away and seeing up close. Eyeglasses with custom prescription lenses and 100% UV protection are also available.
Where are 39DollarGlasses made?
All eyewear is made on Long Island in New York.
When was 39DollarGlasses founded?
39DollarGlasses was founded by eye doctors and launched in 2000.

Is 39DollarGlasses.com legit?

Yes, 39DollarGlasses is a legitimate online company that sells glasses at discounted prices. It has a standard refund policy and affordable shipping costs. We also like that the company has donated more than $600,000 worth of eyewear to people who needed glasses but could not afford them.

39dollarglasses.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39dollarglasses.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Original review: July 22, 2021

I'm so thankful and happy to have found $39 Glasses. I really needed a pair and didn't have insurance, they took care of me. The Exact Fit system was easy to use and see what the frames would look like on my face. The price was perfect.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Joel! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such as great review! The Eye Doctors who own 39DG made it their mission to ensure that the public be provided with a much more affordable way to purchase their eyewear as at the end of the day, we should not have to go broke just to see clearly! We are so glad you were able to find us and look forward to providing you with your eyeglass needs for many years to come:) Feel free to contact our knowledgable Customer Support team should you have any questions or concerns; we are always here to help :) Enjoy the rest of your summer, Joel!

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful experience..The quality and customer service was wonderful..I will order my eye wear from your collection again..and have told many friends about my fantastic service..Only issue I had was waiting my glasses took longer than normal..Only because of covid and they went to the wrong country..Plus it was around Christmas time also...but your wonderful staff..Tracked them down..getting them on the right location..but was also willing to get a new shipment sent out..My original eye wear arrived just before Christmas and I couldn't have been more satisfied..Thank you again for your wonderful service.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Vickie! We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with our Customer Service team and that you are happy with your glasses! We completely understand that the postal service can cause frustration at times however, we are always ready to do everything possible to ensure you have a good experience overall! We are so happy to have you as a customer of ours and extremely excited to continue working with you and taking care of all of your eyewear needs for many more years to come :) We appreciate you!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I had to maneuver to learn the website at first when ordering the glasses from 39dollarglasses.com but it was pretty quick to pick up on. The selection is pretty diverse. The last pair that I ordered were circle glasses. I like being able to pick up on that style and seeing that it actually works with my facial features. I have been recommending 39dollarglasses.com and their glasses to my family members.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Devrynn. We are glad that you were able to use our website and browse for a frame that fits you well! :) Those circle shaped frames are quite popular! If you ever have any questions or need help, feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to help you! Thanks for being a loyal customer of ours :)

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

39dollarglasses.com is where I choose my frames from for at least 5 years. 39 dollars is the lowest, and depending on the frame the price may go up. I've never had a faulty frame or inaccurate prescription. I like the virtual frame fitting which is customized even to where your glasses rest on your nose. Check your email after signing up because they offer fabulous money saving sales from time to time. They have a rewards program also, so it builds up as you buy frames, if you would like, or you can instantly apply your credit to your purchase. All glasses are delivered in a hard shell case with a cleaning cloth and screw, and a card with a link to a video tutorial on how to make minor adjustments to the frames. The company is run by licensed optometrists. Just have your prescription available. There's an easy form for you to fill, then after your order is processed the glasses are shipped in approx two weeks. Bifocals, transition lenses are also available.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Pamela! Wow, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear that you are pleased with the services we provide. It seems like you have done your research and know more about us than most customers, which makes us very happy! We look forward to providing you with outstanding products and services for many years to come :)

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I recently ordered the identical lens prescription for reading glasses from 39dollarglasses and Zenni. In total I bought four pairs. Within a week after ordering, several weeks ago, my order arrived from 39dollarglasses. Perfectly done, came with two soft cases, a device to tighten/loosen the frames and cleaning cloth, no extra cost. When I called zenni and requested a soft case they told me that I would have to add $5 per pair extra not to mention the other items. The glasses from zenni have yet to arrive. I have used both companies for several years. I love 39dollarglasses and they have always promptly helped me with any issue.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Harold! We are SO happy to hear that you are pleased with our service as compared to another company. We pride ourself on being located within the United States, ensuring that customers are able to get their eyewear quickly. We would never charge a customer extra for a soft case as we understand that customers may have a preference (hard case vs. soft case). I also believe it is important to provide every customer with extra goodies (the microfiber cleaning cloth and a screwdriver) as they are needed from time to time whether it be to properly clean your lenses or even adjust your frame. We are excited to hear that you will continue doing business with us and certainly look forward to exceeding your expectations for many years to come! :)

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

After some coupon codes offered on the site, I paid 48 dollars each for sunglasses and regular glasses with upgraded lightweight lenses and frames. When I called with a question after ordering they answered right away and answered my question. The order arrived four days after placing the order (paid for 2 day shipping but they have to make them before shipping.) They’re cute and prescription on point. Great experience and will definitely be going to them for all my glasses and shades from now on!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I desperately need new single vision glasses but even with most expensive expedited delivery, they cannot assure delivery given 13 days to produce and ship. I guess if its takes 4 - 5 days to manufacture and one day FedEx to deliver I must be missing something. Might as well use another service. Great glasses but misleading on prep and send.

Original review: June 4, 2021

I have been a customer of 39 Dollar Glasses for over 5 years and have had excellent service. Today, I had a special order and called and spoke with Tiffany, who was just wonderful and helpful in ensuring the order was correct. Thank you Again.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Andrew! Thank you so much for being an amazing customer. We are always here to help our customers with whatever it is they may need, whether the task be easy or hard! Tiffany will certainly be pleased to hear of your kind words! Enjoy your summer :) We look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: April 30, 2021

We love 39 Dollar Glasses. We keep buying from them and the quality has gone up. The last pair of glasses that I ordered for my husband were the best yet.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Linda! Thank you so much for your kind words :) We are so glad to know that you are happy with our services and very excited to continue providing you with all of your eyewear needs for many more years to come.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I ordered glasses from 39dollarglasses and did not receive them for over 2 weeks. When they arrived they had red stains on both lens so I returned them. I did not receive any communication that they were processing the refund. When I called they confirmed they had received them but they had not taken action on my refund. I asked for a full refund as the glasses came to me stained. At this point, it had been over a month since my original order. They removed the stains and offered to ship them back. The process had taken too long so I purchased glasses from another vendor. They charged me over $40 in restocking fees. Beware of poor quality, delays and fees.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Kayla. We apologize for any information which you may have misunderstood with regards to your order. We advise our customers that for progressive lenses, production can take 2-9 business days on average. We see that your order completed production after 9 business days. The glasses began production on 1/4 and completed production on the 14th, which allowed for the glasses to ship on the 15th. Once your return was delivered to our facility, the returns department had the inspection team take a look at the glasses. They found that there were no defects on or within the lenses including the prescription. Any debris that may have been on the lens would easily have been removed by the microfiber cleaning cloth provided with every order. Our return policy is available for the public to access and review on our website prior to placing an order with us. Within our return policy, it states that customers returning a pair of multifocal lenses (such as the progressive lenses you ordered) will incur a refund less a 30% restocking fee. We see that you were advised that the glasses passed inspection and were made correctly on 2/9. We also see that the customer service representative that you spoke to that day, advised you of the 30% restocking fee associated with the return of any pair of progressives. You opted for the refund less 30% and that was issued to you on 2/10 by our billing department. If you ever have any questions or concerns prior to placing an order, please feel free to contact our customer service team so that we are able to provide you with any information it is that you are looking for.

39dollarglasses.com Company Information