4.3/5 (437 ratings)

About 39dollarglasses.com

39DollarGlasses is an online retailer specializing in glasses, sunglasses and contact lenses. Each pair of glasses comes with scratch-resistant coating and UV protection. Inventory includes narrow and round glasses, glasses designed for working on a computer or driving and frames for teens and toddlers.

Pros

• Made in the U.S.
  • Free shipping on orders of $99
  • Affordable

Cons

• Online only
  • No high-end designer options

Bottom Line

True to its name, 39DollarGlasses sells glasses starting at $39. All eyewear includes a worry-free guarantee with 30 days to return and 90 days to exchange.

Top 39dollarglasses.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Verified

39dollarglasses was quick and easy. I'm very happy with the process and the results. I've ordered sunglasses and regular glasses. I’ve also ordered glasses for my father that were...

Verified

… The quality of the glasses has been excellent too. The shipping could be a little bit faster from when the prescription is submitted though. But that's the only negative comment...

How 39DollarGlasses works

39DollarGlasses has an extensive inventory of glasses for men, women, teens and kids you can search online. You can filter your search by frame shape, material and color as well as width and temple (“arm”) length.

39DollarGlasses uses ExactFit technology to help you get a clear picture of how different glasses will look and feel on your face. With ExactFit, you must enter your pupillary distance (PD) number. If you don’t know how far apart your pupils are, use the AccuPD feature to gauge your PD. ExactFit then calculates the measurements of your face from a photograph.

You can then pick a few glasses you like and see how they look on your face. Once you’ve completed the virtual try-on and found the pair you want, you can customize details like the lens tint and optional anti-glare coating. Choose from four different lens types:

• Single-vision for distance
  • Single-vision for reading
  • Regular bifocals with a link
  • Progressive lenses (no-line bifocals)

After you choose the lens package and enter your prescription, you can enter any coupon codes or discounts and select a shipping option.

39DollarGlasses costs

As of publishing, eyewear from 39DollarGlasses costs anywhere from $39 to $69. However, special upgrades, like anti-glare coating and photochromic lenses, can raise the final price to $100 or more. Lenses for distance and reading come standard with most frames, and bifocals and progressive lenses cost a little more.

The UltimateView Light and Thin Rx lenses are standard. At checkout, you have the option to purchase the following lens package upgrades:

• UltimateView Tinted RX Lenses: $9.95
  • UltimateView Light & Thin Rx Lenses with Premium Anti-Glare Coating: $24
  • Transitions Signature Light & Thin Photochromic Rx Lenses: $98

39DollarGlasses shipping options

Shipping costs range from free to $17.90. As of publishing, 39DollarGlasses offers four different shipping options:

Shipping MethodShipping timecostCost for orders over $99
USPS First Class2 to 8 business days$4.95Free
FedEx 2-Day Express2 business days$9.95$5.00
FedEx Next Day1 business day$17.90$12.95
First Class International7 to 14 business days$12.95$8.00

39DollarGlasses return policy

39DollarGlasses’ worry-free guarantee lets you return your glasses for a full refund within 30 days and exchange them within 90 days. Most orders are refundable for in-store credit after the first 30 days. However, shipping charges are nonrefundable. Multifocal lenses and contacts are excluded from this policy.

• Multifocal lenses: Bifocal or progressive lenses can be exchanged one time for free within 90 days of delivery.
  • Contact lenses: Contacts can be returned within 60 days of purchase as long as they are in their original condition (not opened or damaged).

39DollarGlasses FAQ

How long does it take to get glasses from 39DollarGlasses?
It typically takes between two and seven business days to get orders from 39DollarGlasses.
Does 39DollarGlasses have a warranty?
Yes. 39DollarGlasses’ warranty coverage is based on lens type. The company includes a standard 30-day return policy and a 90-day exchange policy on most orders.
Does 39DollarGlasses have specialty lens options available?
Yes. 39DollarGlasses offers dozens of lens packages for different vision needs. These include lenses specifically for reading, seeing at night, seeing far away and seeing up close. Eyeglasses with custom prescription lenses and 100% UV protection are also available.
Where are 39DollarGlasses made?
All eyewear is made on Long Island in New York.
When was 39DollarGlasses founded?
39DollarGlasses was founded by eye doctors and launched in 2000.

Is 39DollarGlasses.com legit?

Yes, 39DollarGlasses is a legitimate online company that sells glasses at discounted prices. It has a standard refund policy and affordable shipping costs. We also like that the company has donated more than $600,000 worth of eyewear to people who needed glasses but could not afford them.

39dollarglasses.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39dollarglasses.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Original review: April 13, 2022

I contacted 39dollarglasses.com because I hadn't verified my teacher status until after I submitted the order. (They offer a QR code for teachers to give to a student for a free pair of eyeglasses when teachers submit their own order.) I really wanted the QR code for one of my students. Thomas, the customer service rep I spoke with, was quick to respond, got the QR code with me and walked me through future orders so that everything is up to date. I've ordered my glasses from here since 2018 and I've never had an issue with them. I would highly recommend ordering glasses from them.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

I had a problem with two of the three pairs of eyeglasses I purchased online. One had the wrong prescription and the other were sunglasses that weren't dark enough. I had a couple of calls with Tiffany, your customer-service representative, and I am so pleased to report that she was knowledgeable, helpful, and most pleasant. She even made a call to your lab manager to find out if something I wanted could be done. This is not the first time I have had excellent service from your company -- I recommend you to anyone who asks. Kudos to you for knowing what good customer service is and for having the smarts to have Tiffany on your team.

Thanks,

Roberta

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I had ordered a pair of glasses in September. One of the arms just literally fell out of the frame. I called and spoke with Tiffany. She was able to get me a replacement frame and send me a video of how to swap the lenses. The color I wanted was out of stock so she swapped it out for Gunmetal. The day my replacements arrived, Tiffany reached out to tell me the black frames were back in stock and asked if I preferred the black even though the Gunmetal was already sent. She had them sent out so I can choose which ones I prefer. WOW. What amazing service. Thank you Tiffany and 39dollar glasses. You all are amazing.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Oh my goodness! I had the most wonderful experience with Tiffany F. today. I wish all persons who work in sales/customer service was as patient, friendly and knowledgeable as she was in helping me place my order for glasses today. I was a bit put out with 39dollarglasses because of the long wait I had. But after working with Tiffany that was all erased. I knew what glasses I wanted to order but with all of the add-ons it was a bit over my budget. I am a cancer patient on a fixed income. Tiffany knew of another pair that was the same style and color that I wanted at a more reasonable price. She also told me of a credit that I didn't know I had. So along with my coupon code, it brought my price down to a more manageable price. She was also very helpful in telling me about features on my RX to help me with the process of ordering my glasses.

I have been trying to order these glasses myself online for months, to no avail. Then I tried again today and my laptop broke. I thought I would take the chance and call in. I'm so glad I did. Tiffany was great! I know my review is long. But I just want you to know how much I appreciate getting Tiffany today. PLEASE let her know she made a customer very happy today. I hope I get her tomorrow when I order glasses for my husband. Thanks again, Tiffany!

Original review: July 22, 2021

I'm so thankful and happy to have found $39 Glasses. I really needed a pair and didn't have insurance, they took care of me. The Exact Fit system was easy to use and see what the frames would look like on my face. The price was perfect.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Joel! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such as great review! The Eye Doctors who own 39DG made it their mission to ensure that the public be provided with a much more affordable way to purchase their eyewear as at the end of the day, we should not have to go broke just to see clearly! We are so glad you were able to find us and look forward to providing you with your eyeglass needs for many years to come:) Feel free to contact our knowledgable Customer Support team should you have any questions or concerns; we are always here to help :) Enjoy the rest of your summer, Joel!

Original review: May 18, 2022

Twice I called for status to find out that first my glasses failed inspection; and 1 1/2 weeks later that the lenses that I ordered are no longer available. They never contacted me about problems and now for the second time another up charge of $60 on top of the last up charge of $50. These are no longer affordable prices. I could go anywhere and get better service.

Original review: May 16, 2022

Tiffany F. was so helpful and full of knowledge on how to properly help me with my situation. I appreciate all her time in this matter. She was very patient and never judge or rushed me considering I called like 15 minutes before closing time. She was able to help me right away with everything I needed and then some. Thank you so much Tiffany F. for your excellent service!!

Original review: May 7, 2022

Ordering is fine. Finding glasses, the style and understanding how glasses are different, can be a little confusing. But once I pick out the frame and found it, it has been easy. The frames are great for what I paid them for.

Original review: May 3, 2022

My mother’s Tory Burch frame was lost in shipment, order was placed on March 11, 2022. I contacted FedEx and 39DollarGlasses, multiple times via phone and email and was eventually told by FedEx to reach the company as they had already reimbursed them for the lost item. I was sent an email by 39 dollar glasses that they were reimbursing me the cost of the lenses but neither fedex or they will reimburse the cost of the frame. This is appalling. They should show some responsibility. I will not be using their services ever again.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I recommended 39dollarglasses.com to a lot of people. I liked the price. Also, ordering has been good, and shipping fast. Mine are prescription glasses and the prescription seemed to fit fine.

39dollarglasses.com Company Information