4.12/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

39DollarGlasses.com is the top online optical store for all your prescription eyewear and contact lens needs. Our friendly customer service team is happy to help answer any questions you may have. With quality products, fast shipping, and a knowledgeable staff, 39DollarGlasses is the best place to get a custom crafted pair of prescription glasses or contact lenses at the lowest prices around.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

247 39dollarglasses.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I recently purchased my fourth pair of glasses from 39 Dollar Glasses. I order the glasses with the second day shipping through UPS which had tracking included on the shipping. I could not belong into 39 Dollar Glasses website due to their changing their website. I had to call their customer service phone number in order to be able to fix the problem with their website. I was on hold for sixteen minutes wait for someone to answer the phone. When someone did answer the phone the women was rude and obviously could care less that I could log in.

The glasses I order should have been delivered to me within six days maximize time. 39 Dollar Glasses states producing the glasses can take up to four days. Add to that 2 days for shipping. The shipping (second day through UPS ) was delivered on time. 39 Dollar Glasses lied about the shipping date of the glasses I order. Instead of receiving the glasses within six days maximum, it took ten days to receive them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

So I was so excited that I was going to get 2 glasses for the price I would have paid for 1. That is until I tried to track the status of my glasses. For two weeks it says that my order is being made. It's not like I need bifocals but when I spoke to Customers Service I was told that the 1st pair they made didn't meet their standards. Ok. More than a week later still nothing. My glasses haven't been shipped and from my understanding it should have taking a week. I should have just purchased my glasses from my eye doctor. Pretty close to wanting my money back... I don't think I'll ever shop with them again.

Hi Cameisha,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Our company takes pride in offering quality eyewear and would never want any of our customers to be dissatisfied with an order. All orders must first go through our quality assurance inspection process. However, sometimes, human error occurs, but we will always take full responsibility for our mistakes.

We see that you contacted customer service on 11/13/2017 and we shipped the completed pair. According to the transit information, the glasses were delivered to you on 11/15/2017 via UPS. We expect that your other pair will ship today, upon passing final inspection.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and if you have any further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I've bought over 20 times from 39 Dollar Glasses over many years. I am myself a licensed optician, working for another retail company, and instead of me spending $600 on a pair of glasses, I could spend $100 at 39 Dollar Glasses and have the same pair and prescription. It's the same quality if you go to any retail place, though it's not high-end. When I inspected the glasses up the lensometer, the prescription was right on. I don't even have to check it because I put them on and I can see.

39 Dollar Glasses is a reasonable way to get a pair of glasses that are somewhat stylish. I can have a driving pair, a reading pair, and a pair that I use when I'm exercising. I could use it on my counter and if I leave it someplace, I'm not worried about whether they're going to get stepped on, damaged or sat on. But the fact of the matter is I've never had a breakage with them. They last an average of five years so I'm very pleased with them. Although the selection should be updated more, they do have a wide selection of glasses that anybody could find a pair that they could be happy with. Plus, they always have a sale online and some kind of coupons. I've had a very good experience with 39 Dollar Glasses and as long as there's a sale going on and they'll give some of their coupons, I'd be buying more from them.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I have a difficult prescription to fill, odd PD as well. These folks were thorough, my glasses initially failed the final inspection and the lenses had to be remade, not cheap for them to do. I ordered Clear Ultimate View HD Free-Form Polycarbonate HD Lenses, No line Progressives, had 3 Lens coatings, Scratch-Resistant + UVA/UVA + Blue Light Blocking. From day of order to day of receipt, 2 weeks. The price was reasonable as well, total including tax and shipping was $228.68. The biggest advantage to me was that I didn't have to get out of my robe and house. I input the data from my written prescription, because my PD was considered high, they paused the order and called me to verify. I would recommend these folks.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I had a friend that went through 39 Dollar Glasses and said it was really good. I decided to give it a try since I was spending a lot of money on glasses and I wanted to find something more affordable. I've been ordering from them for the last four years and it's worked out well. But I noticed that the ordering process for the eye contacts is different now, and it's a little frustrating. For the glasses, I usually don't have a problem. I’ve had to call customer service once when I got the wrong size, and they were great. They explained how to make the return and I was able to send it back. They then sent me a new pair. I tried another company last year and it ended up being really bad. They kept sending me the wrong prescription for both eyes. So, I went back to 39 Dollar Glasses.

I get a variety of glasses from them, and I like the website because everything’s cheap and I usually get promo codes through my email. And I’ve gone with big glasses, rectangular ones, or depends on what I see and like. The delivery has been pretty quick. I usually have them mailed to my office. This past week, I had the glasses mailed to my home address and it got here fine with no issues. I recommend 39 Dollar Glasses to everybody.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I bought a pair of glasses for my son from 39 Dollar Glasses. He needed a sturdy type of frame instead of a weaker wire and no frame glasses. I sent them the primary information regarding the lens strength and the prescription, got online, looked at the frames that they had to offer and I was very pleased. I liked the convenience. Their customer service was very good as well. When I called them up just to order another pair, I told them that the lens of the glasses I ordered fell out. The rep that I talked to said they would send me a replacement pair for free and I just had to return the other, so I was really happy.

I have made four purchases from them and it was at least a year and a half ago that my son got his first order. He lost a pair and damaged another, but the $39 was considerably less than what I would pay if I went to another company. In addition to that, I always received my glasses within one week of ordering and it depends on when they actually make them at the plant. One time, my order got put in that very day and I got them in four days, so I was impressed. There might be other companies that sell similar products for a similar price, but I’m 100% satisfied with what I have. I would recommend their product to anyone.

Resolution response: Nov. 14, 2017

The company sent me new frames and links to a Youtube video showing me how to install my old lens in the new frames. Very pleased, I just hope the third set of frames will last longer than three months.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I purchased glasses in March. Frames broke where the plastic rim is attached to the nose crossbar. The plastic cracked around the screw head. They replaced the glasses in June. Replaced frames cracked and broken in the same place in October. Their policy is to only replace frames once, but this obviously is a defective frame design, not wear or abuse. Glasses not even lasting a year? Beware!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

39 Dollar Glasses has a lot of styling and good pricing. I’ve ordered about 20 times from them. I get the peepers for reading and I need a slight distance correction. Recently, I got the photo gray lens. It’s about three times the price if I get it somewhere else. Plus, you can get them within a week if you order. They’re fast and the guarantee is a good perk.

I've got the Wind Jammer model and it has the fish line which holds the lens on the bottom. I wasn’t too happy with that because I need to order some more again. I sat down and the lens popped out but I have seen on YouTube how you can reinsert them with a ribbon and pull on the string and pop the glass back in. So, now I know how to do it. But I had to send them back one time because I couldn't get the lens back in. You have to be delicate and cautious with it. I set them down in my car and the feet and the little cushion and the lens pop out. You need a hard case because a little bump will pull the lens out but I’m better now. That’s the nature of that style but 39 Dollar Glasses made it simple to return them. They gave me a number and it was free shipping.

I bought the photo lens again because you buy one and get it at half the price. So, I went for two of them. It's a better deal. At first, I bought sunglasses and then I bought the clear lens. I also have the Vancouver model which is good up close. I like 39 Dollar Glasses and that's the only place I would buy from. I'm happy with them and I like them because they’re good value and there's no risk. If you're not happy you can return them and you can't beat the price.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I previously ordered some glasses for myself and my grandson. I've checked out other companies that offer glasses online too but I seem to be sticking with 39 Dollar Glasses. I have ordered at least six different pairs of glasses from them, including amber-tinted lenses for reading at night on my Kindle and we're very pleased with them. I've also thought about getting computer classes but I had not seen online where they do computer glasses so I was going to contact them to find out if they do computer glasses.

Three weeks ago, I ordered my husband some single vision glasses. He wanted a larger blue frame but when I put in the eye thing, I mistakenly put in a minus 1.0 when it should have been a plus 1.0. I contacted them and they fixed it right away. I emailed them with the correction and then I called them because I know they move fast and I wanted to make sure they got the information.The rep corrected it right over the phone for me and I got a confirmation email of the new, updated order with the correct prescription. The email and the phone communication were excellent. Everything went smoothly with the fix that was made. There is very fast delivery on the glasses too and he's had his new glasses for about a week now.

I wish some of their frames were a little bit more substantial but that’s okay. I like that the arms and glasses have that little spring out. They’re not just flat so it's less likely to break. It’s a good feature too, especially for a less expensive eyeglass. I also like that you don’t pay extra for the polycarbonate lens. The glasses come with the polycarbonate lens which is lighter. I think it also automatically includes scratch resistance too. The experience has been extremely positive and the customer service is great. I’d recommend them to other people.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I was looking online for cheaper glasses when I stumbled upon 39dollarglasses.com. When I called, they were able to help me. I live not so far from them. It was very good. It was very easy for me to reach them with the local number. They have the 800-number but I didn’t have to go through a bunch of “press this, press that”. They are really away from that system. I ordered only once but I wanna do it again. Last time, I needed care badly and I wanted to close within two days. They delivered to me while there was a snowstorm. I was surprised. They were very quick.

I got two pairs of eyeglasses from them. One has the anti-glare, the other didn't have one. When I was in a hurry, my glasses were badly broken. I’m going to get another one with both anti-glare. One thing they should have though are clip-on sunglasses. I had Sunny Optical a couple of years ago and they have clip-on sunshades for $6. Apart from that, I told people that this is such a good deal. I’m very much satisfied. The reps were so people-friendly. They should advertise it because people could save money. We go to spend $200-$300, especially the kids. I’m very happy with their customer service plus everything on how they dealt with their customers in providing their products.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I'm buying glasses for $218, after six weeks they break up, I called, I was told to send my glasses back so I did, I wait and wait five weeks and nothing. I called customer services man said they never received my glasses back, and then I called for two months and nothing. No one helped me. Ignore it. They lost my glasses and I lost my money. They were guaranteed. I'm disappointed with this attitude customer services. I do not recommend this company.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

If I had a complaint it's that your website isn't absolutely clear when ordering. I called when ordering on internet, spoke with CS rep and ended up thinking I was ordering the right glasses. But this review isn't about your website. That will get better. This review is about Tiffany **, she's fantastic and fabulous. Very customer centric and attentive. CS reps like her are what keep customers coming back. When my glasses don't work it affected everything... can't see, drive, work or appreciate anything. I know Tiffany ** will get it right. Give her a raise...

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Most of my orders have been screwed up. But Tiffany has gone out of her way to quickly resolve the issue. Tiffany is extremely professional, courteous, understanding and resolves these issues very quickly. So I am giving Tiffany 5 stars!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I’ve ordered from 39 Dollar Glasses multiple times. This time, I wanted the aviator sunglasses. They were fabulous and great. The quality of the product I got was definitely good for the price. But I was happiest with the price.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I liked 39 Dollar Glasses' style of glasses. Plus, they offered the option of sending in your old frames and they would put your prescription in them. I dealt with the same woman each time I called in Long Island. I have sensitive eyes, and she's helped me decide on which would be better for my situation. Plus, she walked me through each time. I've bought three pairs already and each time they were excellent. I got two sunglasses and a regular transitional in the past 6 months. And all three are still working. I have recommended them to my friends.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I have been purchasing eyewear from 39dollarglasses.com for four years. I choose them over other companies because of their price, quality, and service. I have tried many of their products, the most recent is the Scholar style and I like the way it looks. Overall, their customer service representatives have been very helpful. Their lenses are scratch-proof as well.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I purchased 2 pairs of progressive lens glasses for the current sale. One pair was too big and wouldn't stay up on my nose. The others lenses were so distorted that I could not see AT ALL. I actually got dizzy looking thru them. I returned both pairs and was charged a $83 restocking fee. This is way too much for restocking. After being hit with this charge, I cannot afford any glasses. So be sure to read the fine print and not just the huge letters on their website that states "WORRY FREE GUARANTEE - FREE RETURNS". I am really upset. I almost lost my vision a few years back so after a few surgeries, I just don't have money to throw away.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My glasses arrived with what was meant to be the same prescription as my current glasses but my vision is very blurry with these from 39dollarglasses. They have offered me a 70% refund and returning my glasses at my own expense for postage which seems very poor given that they've produced an unusable product for me and I'm not just returning them out of choice.

Hi Andy,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with your order. When requesting an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization), it will also include a prepaid postage return label (Domestic First-Class U.S. Mail). However, the label wouldn't be sufficient since you're outside of the U.S.

As per our Worry Free Warranty,"For a full refund to your original payment method, you must contact us to request an RMA within 30 days of the original delivery date. Refunds can only be issued after we have received the original merchandise back, and will be issued in line with your warranty coverage and minus any discounts given on the original order."

According to your order information, we see that you did NOT order multi-focal lenses, and so the 30% restocking fee wouldn't apply to this order. We apologize if you were given incorrect information and we will certainly review all communication you had with our representative. If your return is received within 30 days, you're entitled to a FULL refund.

If possible, please forward a copy of your prescription to contact@39dollarglasses.com.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Seven or eight months ago, I got UV glasses for the right price from 39 Dollar Glasses and everything has been positive.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

We’ve had a great experience with 39 Dollar Glasses. I ordered a blue pair and a green pair for my grandson and we’ve been happy. The blue pair was defective and he only had them for two weeks. I called 39 Dollar Glasses and they sent me another frame and they said there’s a video on how to put it in. I was impressed and the guy I dealt with was great. He understood that we only had the glasses for a couple of weeks.

The first time I ordered them, I found the ones that I knew my grandson liked and was very similar to glasses that were $250. I went ahead and ordered those because he as a habit of laying down his glasses and forgetting where he laid them. It was easy to order and there were plenty of little glasses for me to look at. I like that I had them within two weeks. It’s fast or faster than the eye doctor. I’m satisfied with 39dollarglasses.com. I told my husband that I’ve been happy with it. The next time we go to the eye doctor, I’m just going to get my prescription and let 39dollarglasses.com fill it. My daughter also needs another pair of glasses and I told her to get her prescription and then we’ll order them.

I’ve been telling everybody not to pay $250 for a kid’s glasses. Other glasses are flimsy and would break if my grandson happens to pull them off his head wrong. 39 Dollar Glasses are very good glasses and my grandson has a pair that are called Tadpoles. Also, I wanted to look through the glasses at the website and see if 39dollarglasses.com has the goggle ones for my grandson to use when he plays soccer. A lot of people have little ones and I got tired of paying the high prices that optometrists want.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

39 Dollar Glasses was always fast when I clicked new order. I found out about them online and chose them because of their price. Their lenses were fine and the frame was thick as well. Also, their customer service was cooperative and fast. However, my glasses break a lot because I have dogs that eat them. A couple of them broke within the year and I got the lenses replaced. I also have a son who is handicapped. He dropped my glasses and got them ran over by his wheelchair, but 39 Dollar Glasses replaced the frame. The only thing that I didn’t like about them was that there was an identity theft. Their computers got hacked and I got myself hacked with Equifax. On the other hand, they were fine. I even have to order two more glasses from them.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I’ve been ordering from 39dollarglasses.com for years. I have a big head and they have large frames so I order from them. I've ordered glasses in many configurations including sunglasses, progressive bifocals and some computer glasses. I'm happy with the size of their frames. I can order frames that are wide enough to fit me correctly and are still stylish. Their customer service is always helpful and I've referred a number of people to their site.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

This was my second order with 39dollar, and will be the last. I order two pair of glasses with blue coating spending almost $300. I waited for 10 business days, and called the customer care, all could they say was, "There was a glitch and computer shut not allowed blue coating, so we did not process the order because we were not notified about it." I asked, "You should have called me if there was a glitch, I could have changed it." She said, "We were not notified." I got so pissed off. "Why should I suffer if it was your system mistake?" Guess what she has done was laughed. She literally laughed and I asked, "Are you seriously laughing?" She said yes.

I said, "I need to talk to your supervisor." She said, "No you cannot now. They would call whenever you can. I do have the recording of the call." After some time someone called from customer service. He said, "We will process the order again and it will take another 7 business days. And will give only $30 refund for the blue coating..." This made me so outrageous that I should not order from them again and made me to put this review. If you like any frame these people take a note of the frame name and go and buy from somewhere else. These people just like that eat your money. That's all. As a regular customer of this 39dollar I suggest you not to believe in this people and go somewhere else to buy, help yourself.

Hi Anbazhagan,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We pride ourselves on offering quality, helpful customer service and we will always take the time to accommodate anyone who contacts us. Since all phone calls are recorded, the phone call will be reviewed to ensure that it was handled appropriately.

We sincerely apologize for the error that occurred during the time your order was placed. Unfortunately, the site allowed you to choose a coating which is not available for the selected lens package. However, we do see that your order has since been corrected and a refund was issued for the upgraded coating. We kindly ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to credit to your account.

We expect to complete and ship your order within 1-2 business days and we've upgraded your shipping to UPS Next Day Air for the inconvenience. Again, we sincerely apologize and if we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Your customer service is hands down the best around! My glasses arrived but the prescription wasn't quite right, not 39DollarGlasses' fault but rather the way the script had been provided to them. They fixed the problem for free, even updating my account information with the proper prescription info. Thank you to your entire team! Great job.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I ordered contact lens from this company three months ago. I purchased a 90 day supply, so it is time to re-order. Their "login" does not work. My password automatically populated their site, so I was confident that it was correct, but after trying it three times without success, I decided to hit the "forgot password" link and have an E-mail sent to me so that I could create a new p/w. Well, that never worked. Nothing ever emailed! As I was doing this, I also started an "online chat", not knowing which way I would get the quickest service as I called also, but was put on hold (15 minutes and counting, they finally picked up the phone and told me they could not help with contacts and I would need to be transferred).

The "chat" line finally responded and told me that they have a new system and all of the previous information (prescription, product ordered, credit card, address etc.) was no longer available. Also, if I wanted to order, I would need to create a new login as a new customer as that information was now gone also. All of this while I'm just trying to buy some contact lens! No one seemed to care that none of their system was working or allow me to login. "Just create a new one"!

Hi Jack,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Our site is currently undergoing maintenance and upgrades to improve our customers’ user experience. Unfortunately, this has affected some of the functionality of our site. We are, however, aware of the situation and are working diligently to complete the maintenance process as quickly as possible. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I called this morning about my HSA being denied and a lady took my call. She was very short and sort of rude. It seemed like she worked for a fly by night operation with the way she handled herself. Second call I had great service and resolved my issue and got a shipping issue changed with her because the website did it improperly. I'll return again if the calls can always be as pleasant as they were with Tiffany **. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

As a small business owner I understand when companies make mistakes. We always apologize and treat customers right. But this 39dollarglasses is a hideous company. Twice they made an error on the prescription for two sets of lenses ordered (made the wrong prescription). The prescription on the printout they sent me did not match the prescription given them--on their own computer account for me! Twice! Their condescension and arrogance is of such a level that I am surprised any company in these times does not know they cannot behave like that.

There are dozens of other reviews on this company saying the same thing. I made a mistake trying to be a nice guy and give them a second and third chance, but this is ridiculous. For your benefit, learn from my mistake and avoid this company. Steer clear of this company completely! (I did not even mention how slow the company is). What a disgusting company, shameful attitudes. Here is a copy of another review, from another customer, who had the same experience I had.

Hi Paul

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Our company takes pride in offering quality eyewear and would never want any of our customers to be dissatisfied with their order(s).

Our Worry-Free Warranty allows you to receive a free remake of your glasses, or exchange them up to 90 days after receiving them. According to our records, our customer service team issued you a return form in order for you to send your glasses back to be remade with a new prescription, as it appears the original order was entered incorrectly when the order was placed online. Your remade glasses were made with the prescription information included with your return. As stated previously, our warranty will allow a one time free remake, however, since you're requesting to return both pairs again to be remade with a new prescription, we're requesting that you pay a 50% remake fee as per our warranty.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and hope this helps address your concerns and improves your experience with 39DollarGlasses.com. If you have any further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I first received a quality pair of sunglasses that were blurry on the right side. After an email, I returned the pair with a faxed script. A few days later I received an awesome pair or very clear glasses I am very happy with. Very satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I have an odd prescription where one eye is near sighted and one far sighted. I correctly entered this in the order but the lab decided to I must be wrong and sent me both near sighted. They gave me an RMA but seem to be in no hurry to get me replacement lenses. I have to return the ones they sent me, they will examine them and then get the lab to make the correct ones. Given that it took a week for my first order to come through, I assume this will be two weeks. Not impressed with customer service when I called in to explain all this and ask what they can do -- they really can't do anything. I went the route of just starting a new order but they won't give me the discounts I had on the first order.

No response received
Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Never again. Why ask "Please let us know if we can be of any assistance," if you are never going to respond back when I let them know what assistance is needed. Giving the benefit of the doubt it was lost in the shuffle I resent every couple days. Nothing. We had multiple orders but I am not putting the order number in box below since clearly information confidentiality is lied about.

Hi Lara,

We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your order information when searching our database by your name and/or email address. In order for us to properly assist you, we'll need more information.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Please feel free to contact us by phone at 1-800-672-6304, via Live Chat Support on our website, or E-mail us at contact@39DollarGlasses.com. We are open on weekdays from 9am-5pm EST.

39dollarglasses.com Company Information