toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

39dollarglasses.com

Thanks for the kind words, Viola! We are very happy to hear about your experiences with 39DollarGlasses.com and we look forward to providing you with more quality customer service. :)

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I recently ordered prescription sunglasses for myself and my son, and I was extremely impressed with the customer service and how quickly we received our order! I couldn't believe it! And the prices are amazing! We couldn't be happier with our glasses and if we ever need glasses again we will definitely order from 39 Dollar Glasses! Keep up the good work! :)

Resolution In Progress

39dollarglasses.com

Hi Kristie, we are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your experience. We see that you contacted us via email due to an issue with the left lens, and we promptly sent you a Return Merchandise Authorization and shipping label to return the glasses to us. We also understand that you were having an issue while driving at night, all of which were addressed during the re-inspection of your glasses. We followed your directive and proceeded with a refund, which was also accurate. As per our warranty, it is stated that if you're returning a multi-focal lens order, it is less a 30% re-stocking fee. If it was determined that your lenses were made incorrectly, we would have certainly issued a full refund, as we do stand behind our product 100%. Please know that we're a very honest company who has been in business for over 15 years and we do not operate in such a manner that you're suggesting. We do see your follow up in regards to the refund you were given, which was addressed promptly.

Upon further review of your email correspondence, we do understand that you chose to have our company remake the glasses for you, which we did. While we do understand your frustration, please understand that we did remake the glasses with a different transition tint, and removed the Blue Shield glare coating, since it was suggested this may be causing a nighttime disturbance while driving. Unfortunately, you did contact us again after receiving the remake pair to advise you were still experiencing issues while wearing the glasses. Upon receiving this information, we issued an RMA promptly to return the glasses to us. Once your return was received, it was sent to our lab for a re-inspection, which again, determined the lenses to be 100% accurate. We also offered to return the glasses to you at our cost and have your doctors office test the lenses since you did not feel we were being truthful. Please understand that our company would not benefit in operating in such a manner. It was also our recommendation to have your prescription retested since it's extremely rare for two pairs of glasses to have the same issues, which you declined.

As per our warranty, if you're returning a remake for a refund, it would be assessed at 50%. However, we did in fact issue you the original refund you would have received had you not opted to remake the order.

If you would like for us to send the glasses to your doctors office for their own inspection, please contact customer service, as we do have your glasses here and wouldn't want a customer to feel deceived by our company.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I was originally thrilled when I found great reviews online for 39DollarGlasses, they are in NY, in THE USA!!! That was good for me, I was happy to use an American Company. The price seemed fair, I liked a frame style and I placed an order. Upon arrival of my glasses, I liked the frames, they fit, I could read (they were progressives). However, I noticed immediately upon opening the package and upon inspection, on the left lens that there was a stretched area on the lens, right in my vision, from one of the films maybe, which somewhat interfered with my vision. However, I wore the glasses for a day.

That night, I drove and was blinded by the lights around me - literally. And was lucky I made it home honestly. I could not see to drive. I have astigmatism and this was in my prescription. Well, the glasses had to go back 1) for the stretched film area of the lens and 2) because I could not see at night at all. I sent a message to the company, I received a prompt RMA (return authorization). Sent the glasses back for a refund. However, I did not get a full refund. But less $79.00? What? Why? I contacted the company to ask why? I was told there is a restocking fee for the progressive lenses and also because they did not find a problem upon receiving them back upon a 'reinspection' by their company. This doesn't seem right? How can you restock 'used' lenses anyway? The lenses had a problem with a stretched film from their manufacturing processes. Had I been able to get a picture of the lens with this issue, I would have done so?

So I spoke to customer service again (have this all in writing) and I was convinced to try the company again with my order - really I liked the frame mostly. They asked to see my original prescription and confirmed that it was all correct. I was promised by the rep, more than one time, that on my reorder it would be double inspected before even being sent to me for accuracy. So I ordered again, giving the company another chance.

I received my reorder and guess what? Lots of issues with my frame. This time, I took pictures (attached)! There were nicks and chips all over the frame. How could this order be sent to me if it was really DOUBLE inspected? And, when I put them on, I could not read/see properly through the progressive lenses. In fact, my vision was so blurry it made me dizzy and also it was 'curved' in such a way a straight line had a bow/arch in it when looking through them to read my computer screen or paper???

I again, contacted the company. The rep said they didn't understand how there could be a problem with the order, they were completely 'baffled', that it was 'double checked' before being sent out and that the prescription was accurate. And that I must be "Polycarbonate Intolerant". What the heck is that??? And I should take the glasses to my eye doctor for their evaluation against the prescription. Mind you the previous order with them, I could see and read fine through the Polycarbonate progressives, just not at night due to astigmatism? And all of my glasses since I was 15, have been Polycarbonate??? The glasses I'm wearing now are Polycarbonate? How can I be Polycarbonate intolerant??? I sent the glasses back, with all of my email documentation asking for a full refund. They say the prescription upon their inspection was accurate.

How can this all be? It's just all crazy with this company!!! Excuse after excuse with them. They have some major quality control issues happening here!!! I did receive a refund for my second order, without being charge a 'restocking fee' for the 'progressive lenses'. However, I am still out my original loss of $79.00 for my first order made with this company. I did go back to the company's website and they have since changed/reworded their warranty from what was there when I originally ordered.

Just be aware of their "worry free guarantee"!!! I think these are horrible business practices, to have to pay a restocking fee for a lens that has a problem from their company - that is completely unfair. I also think it's wrong for them to say 'upon their re-inspection' that things are all correct. How can you even prove otherwise? There is no way to do so? And really, honestly, if my second order really had been Double inspected, how did I receive glasses with chips in the frame??? That is a huge red flag across the board.

I can see others have had success with this company. I wanted to use a company located in the USA. I'm actually very sad that it didn't work out with them, because I've ordered glasses from China, for less, without fail. I think that 39dollarglasses has a quality control issue and they cover this up through their 'business practices' and save themselves losses by charging 'restocking fee's'. I am surprised that there are not more negative reviews. And I do notice from reading through reviews here, that it seems the negative reviews cannot be 'quantified' for some reason... how convenient for them?

I say proceed with caution, especially if you have a progressive lens order!!! Beware of restocking fees, Beware if you ask for a refund, you will be less shipping as well in some cases. I personally just say avoid 39dollarglasses. But if you want to give them a shot, don't say you haven't been warned by someone who gave them not one try, but two.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you for your wonderful comment, Joseph!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I had tried the other two online discount eyeglass and they were not too bad. 39dollarglasses was just better all around. The fit of the lenses in the frame was much better than the other two. Selection was much better than the other two. The clarity of the lenses by 39dollarglasses was by far superior to the other two. I had broke my frames (my fault) within the first few months of receiving them. I went to their web site to online chat. I spoke to Vanessa and she put in a order to send me a new pair of frames. Overall a great experience with 39dollarglasses. I will not be returning to the other two sites because 39dollarglasses is far superior all around. Thank You.

Hi Dan,

We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. We take great pride in offering friendly, helpful customer service and would never want any of our customers to feel their business is not appreciated.

We see that you called our Customer Service Department to place a frame only order on January 24th 2016 and paid for our standard USPS First Class Mail shipping. We understand that you were advised that the frame will ship the same day, and we apologize for the misinformation you were given by the agent. Based on the information given to us by USPS, First Class Mail can take 3-4 business days to most locations. In review of the phone call, you did express concern as to when the frame would arrive and your shipping method was upgraded from USPS First Class Mail to UPS Sure Post at no cost. The shipping method you were upgraded to typically takes 2-3 business days to most locations. While we do understand your frustration and deeply apologize that you were misinformed, please understand that your order was delivered on the same day we'd expect it to; if shipped by your original chosen shipping method.

Your frame shipped via UPS Sure Post on January 26th 2016 and delivered on January 28th 2016. As mentioned above, if your frame shipped on January 24th 2016 via USPS First Class Mail, we'd expect it to arrive on January 28th 2016, based on the information provided to us by USPS.

We see that you called our Customer Service Department on January 26th 2016 and spoke to a supervisor to address your concern. Unfortunately, we were unable to upgrade the shipping method since it already shipped from our facility.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Frames broke in under two years without any physical trauma to it. Upon reorder, promised it would be sent out Tuesday, was not sent out till Thursday. After manager admitted mistake, he would not overnight another frame at their cost to comply with their word. He would rather lose a customer than pay $15.00 to set things right. You may be luckier than me, but why risk the poor product and a manager that prizes $15.00 over you.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank YOU, Robert! We appreciate it very much!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I purchased my first pair of single vision glasses for use with my computer. I had three difficulties: 1.) I incorrectly specified the prescription, using + numbers when the script specified - numbers. 2.) I incorrectly specified the distance between my nose and eye pupil. 3.) I later found a frame that I strongly preferred. Despite my mistakes for which I took full responsibility, 39dollarglasses replaced my prescription with the corrected prescription, corrected pupil distance, and frame choice. An RMA was quickly provided and the new glasses arrived quickly. They completely honored the stated replacement policy without question. The completely met my expectations, and will have a loyal customer in the future. I showed a friend my $39 glasses and a pair from a reputable retail optical shop which cost me $89. I asked him which pair appeared to be of superior quality, and he chose those from 39dollarglasses.

Finally, there is a learning curve to buying glasses from 39dollarglasses. Buying from an optical shop typically comes with the same replacement policy if you ask, and their skilled services, place of business rent, employee wages, and equipment all build on the cost of glasses they dispense. They save you the learning curve. So be prepared to spend some time to learn what is needed to purchase glasses. Next time. I will get the prescription provider to specify the pupil distance and arm length, as well as the lens prescription. Then I will email/snail mail/fax your script to 39dollarglasses, so all I need to do is choose the frames design and size of the lenses (large, skinny, normal).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you so much for your positive review, Kristopher! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with your 39dollarglasses.com experience! We're proud to be able to provide you with quality, affordable glasses. Thank you again for choosing 39DollarGlasses.com!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

At $40 a pop, these are definitely competitively priced glasses. Plus with the specials running through their emailing campaigns you can often get 2 pairs for less than $70 (sunglasses too!). The glasses hold up fairly well, but if you are hard on glasses like me, don't expect them to last you longer than a 6-8 months tops. BUT since they're so affordable, this isn't a huge issue. I love the wide spread of styles on 39DollarGlasses.com, alongside the savings and BOGO specials they offer, you can often get several pairs of different styles for different occasions.

Delivery was fast and accurate. No damage to the glasses, and any issue with the frames are quickly resolved through the customer support line on the site. They even will let you return a pair in case you just really don't like them. If you want a few stylish pairs of glasses this is the route to go. They may not be the highest quality, and might eventually scratch or loosen over time, but I'd rather take the option of having 2-3 different styles of glasses to alternate through than 1 pair for $250 from the eye dr.

Hi Scott,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We take pride in offering customers quality, affordable eyewear that is delivered quickly and efficiently. Please understand that we vigorously inspect each outgoing order to ensure it is of the quality you expect from 39DollarGlasses.com and we will always take the time to correct any issues found before sending it out. However, sometimes human error occurs, and we will always take full responsibility for our mistakes. According to our records, we issued you a full refund on January 4, 2017. Please be advised, depending on your financial institution, it may take between 3-5 business days for the refund to be processed back to the credit/debit card used to place the order. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

$300 pair of sunglasses... They screwed them up and won't tell me when they're coming. Worst, most unresponsive customer service I've had in years. TELL ME WHEN MY ORDER WILL BE HERE OR REFUND MY MONEY. NOW.

Hi JD,

Thank you for the feedback! We love to hear from our customers and are glad to hear your glasses arrived in less than 2 weeks and the prescriptions in both glasses are accurate. In regards to the hinges, the frame you selected is of high-quality and one of the best we carry. Furthermore, your frame is covered for up to one year with our free-frame replacement and Worry-Free Warranty. If you have any further questions in regards to our warranty, please do not hesitate to ask. We also have a toll-free customer service hotline that is available for any assistance. Our phone number is 1-800-672-6304. Our business hours are Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm EST.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I received my glasses in less than 2 weeks. The prescription in both the regular glasses, Progressive, and sunglasses, single Vision, were accurate. The hinges on both frames were of an inferior quality, however. I am concerned that the spring-loaded hinges will fail sooner than others I have owned. Perhaps the lower quality lent itself to a lower price.

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are so happy to hear about your experience with our company and are glad to have been able to provide you with quality, affordable glasses. Enjoy your new 39s!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I've been wearing glasses for very long time around 39-40 years. I also have a very strong prescription for nearsighted so to say I need ultra light lenses is an understatement. Now if you have excellent eye insurance you might be able to get the glasses for about $145 without at Walmart if you have insurance they don't take they will give you 30% and even then it was still around $270-$300. I got these great Titanium with Ultra light lenses delivered for $101! I didn't get transitions but very happy I had in fours days! I ordered on Saturday and received them on Thursday a couple days ahead of schedule. They had great fit right off the bat, and really good clarity. Trust me I've been wearing for long time and these now are one of my favorite pairs. If you have a strong prescription and like me need the ultra light or even if you don't buy from them.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you for the kind words, Jason! We are so glad to hear that our customer service representative was able to resolve your issue, and we hope your son enjoys his new glasses. Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

Had a minor issue with placing my order and Tiffany at customer service was wonderful. I have ordered from here a few times and found it to be a good experience and the glasses are durable for my 6 year old son.

Hi Debbie,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. According to our records, one pair of glasses failed inspection on the 19th and is still currently in production. The second pair of glasses finished production; therefore, we partially shipped them out as of today.

Typically, most orders are completed in as soon as 1-3 business days. However, some orders may need the full 3-7 business days production time that is advised on our website. The production time may vary based on prescription, frame, and/or lens package combination.

Once in a while, unforeseen events can occur and the glasses may not pass our quality assurance inspection at the end of production. Please understand that we vigorously inspect each outgoing order to ensure it is of the quality you expect from 39DollarGlasses.com. Failures in production happen no matter where you purchase your glasses but we will always take the time to correct any issues found before sending it out.

Furthermore, we apologize for the misunderstanding; however, our records do not indicate that we denied your request for overnight shipping on the first pair. The first pair was partially shipped via UPS Next Day Air. Our customer service team sent a confirmation email regarding your shipping. As a courtesy, we have also upgraded your shipping to UPS Next Day Air on the second pair of glasses that are still in production. Once this pair is finished with production, you will receive another confirmation email with a new tracking number attached.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and delay in receiving your order. Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern and please know that we are working diligently to correct the problem. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I ordered two pairs of progressive lens glasses from 39DollarGlasses 10 days ago. I will get the first pair 16 days after I placed the order because I contacted the company today and pushed for a partial shipment. There is no estimate as to when I'll get the second pair because the special reflective coating was defective on one lens and 39DollarGlasses has no idea when their manufacturer will send a replacement lens. I asked to have the first pair over nighted at no expense to me because of my long wait. I was denied because this is against company policy. Cheap glasses - maybe, terrible customer service - absolutely!

Hi Joy,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. All outgoing orders must first go through our inspection process before being shipped in order to ensure quality control. However, sometimes, human error occurs and we will always take full responsibility for our mistakes. We have a warranty, which allows customers to have their glasses remade free of charge. Even if you’ve already had your order remade, we would not charge you the additional 50% if the mistake was made on our end.

In regards to the length of your temples, we carefully measure each frame to help our customers gain a better understanding of how they’ll fit. Nevertheless, we apologize if you feel our measurements were off and we’ll be sure to re-measure the frame dimensions once again.

Furthermore, our customer service toll-free hotline is open during our business hours of Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm EST. Although we ship to international locations, we are an American company with a customer service call center located at our facilities in New York. In addition, your emails were sent from a different email address than the one you provided in your order, and your name was also spelled incorrectly; therefore, it was difficulty for us to look up your order. After sending us your email, you should have received an email from us that advises it will take between 1-3 business days to receive a response from our customer service team. Your email was sent to us on Friday and we replied back to you within 3 business days on the following Wednesday. We are sorry for this inconvenience but are happy that we were able to find your order and subsequently understand your issue at hand.

Moreover, it is unclear to us which number you dialed when you heard an automated questionnaire regarding vacations, as we do not have any automated advertisements associated to our phone number. We have looked further into the matter with both of our phone numbers listed on our website and have not heard anything related to your comments.

Our Worry-Free Warranty states “after the original order is remade, subsequent remakes will be assessed a 50% remake fee. Refunds requested after a remake is performed will be assessed at 50% of the original order price, or you may request a 50% refund in store credit.” However, if the issue with the glasses is our fault, we will remake the glasses free of charge. As stated previously, 39DollarGlasses.com prides itself on offering friendly, fair customer service and we will always correct any issues found with the glasses deriving from a mistake on our end.

According to our records, we see that you have requested an RMA and sent back your glasses. However, if you’d like, our customer service team can issue you a remake of your order free of charge. As a courtesy, we will upgrade your shipping to UPS Next Day Air. You can also change your frame in order to find something that is more comfortable or fits you better. We hope that you are willing to accept this offer and have a better experience with our company. Once we receive your returned glasses with the Return Form attached, we will know how you would like to proceed. Please let us know if you’d like to accept this offer and have your glasses remade. If not, we will continue with the request on your Return Form.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We hope this response helps address your concerns and resolves your situation. For any further assistance, you can also reach us at our toll-free customer service hotline at 1-800-672-6304. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

I received my glasses very quickly (plus), however they were obviously flawed (negative). The lenses are ground so badly that they misshapen the frames and I can't see very well out of both lenses. I also noticed that the measurements on the frame (on the website and printed on the glasses are seemingly wrong (negative). The temple length says 145, but I have other glasses with a 140 and those arms are longer than the 39 dollar frames when held together for a physical comparison. The only way to judge if frames fit when buying online is by referencing those numbers, so you see the problem.

I tried contacting Customer Service, but they're only open on EST (negative). This is strange because they ship worldwide. I keep missing their hours of operation because I live in PST, but no problem I'll just send them an email, right? I tried emailing but it's been over FOUR DAYS with no response (negative). You'd think they would be more prompt since they have a 30 day return policy. Also, when I call the toll free number on the top of their Contact page I just get an automated questionnaire about VACATIONS (?). If you try to skip the questionnaire it hangs up on you. Call the toll free number at the BOTTOM of the page, that's the real business line.

Also if you get the lenses remade and they happen to be flawed again you will be assessed a 50% "Remake fee" regardless if it's their fault. Per their website "After the original order is remade, subsequent remakes will be assessed a 50% remake fee." I ordered from two others online eyeglass companies, I received one pair that is perfectly fine so I know it's not my prescription. Bottom line if it's the first time you're ordering online and you don't know which company to order from you may want to skip this company unless you have money/time to burn.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you so much for the kind words, Jasmine! We love hearing positive feedback from our customers. We are happy your glasses came out perfectly and we look forward to supplying you with more in the future.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

The customer services is amazing! I would like to shout out David ** for personally taking the time to help me every step of the way. I left a comment when ordering my sunglasses that I wanted them tinted as dark as possible. He advised that he would put the order on a shipping hold and then inspect them to see if they are dark enough.

They arrived to my house as dark as I wanted but I forget that my entire car is limo tinted. Between my sunglasses being super dark tinted and my car being limo tinted, it made it damn near impossible to see out my back windows when driving which was rather scary! I emailed David ** immediately letting him know that I made a mistake ordering my sunglasses so dark. He was super sweet to get a new pair out to me ASAP with the default grey tint. I didn't have to hassle with shipping back my old pair or pay to ship out the new pair. I just received my new pair and they are perfect!

The package is very nice! It comes in a really nice hard shell case and microfiber pouch. It also comes with 2 mircofiber clothes and eyeglasses screwdriver! Overall, the entire experience was rather pain free! Will be ordering from the site again! I especially love the fact that you can upload a picture of yourself and see what the sunglasses will look like on you! No surprises that way! Love love LOVE 39DollarGlasses! Highly recommend them! Thank you, guys! :)

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you for the positive review! We're happy we were able to have your glasses made efficiently and delivered on time. Enjoy your new 39s.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

Exceptional service. I mailed in my frames that have a challenging lens shape and curvature. Frames came back very quickly with perfect prescription sunglass lenses for a very reasonable price! I read a couple of mixed reviews of $39 and many positive ones. I am happy to say my experience was flawless. I have just ordered two new pairs of glasses.

There are many vendors out there, and my experiences have been mixed. Some orders got so screwed up there never was an adjustment. I just went around and around with $39 glasses because I made the mistake of including UPS in the delivery, despite a fair amount of trouble with them previously I wanted them delivered to me, not my home address where I wouldn't be. UPS is system-oriented. Initiative is frowned on. You don't fit their pattern, you don't get service. UPS didn't deliver. My glasses, after much tracking effort by the $39 glasses CS department, were finally duplicated. Delivery of the originals never happened They're out in the UPS wasteland somewhere. Once the futility of tracking was established, $39 glasses duplicated the order, at no cost to me, and rushed them. I'm sold. I'm their customer from now on. Unless they merge with UPS. The glasses fit quite well out of the box. A couple of small tweaks should do it.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Sept. 13, 2016

Just getting an understanding response and that they will monitor the situation is great!

Hi Jennifer,

We apologize for the experience you have had with our service team. Please understand that we take great pride in offering friendly, helpful customer service and would never want any of our customers to feel unwelcome when they reach out to us with their questions or concerns.

We are sorry to hear about your experience in LiveChat with our customer service representative and will continue to monitor and review the situation accordingly. We hope that we can help address your issue and provide you with quality customer service in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you have any further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

I'd like to be able to say that the glasses are great but I'm not sure yet. The glasses that I ordered my husband seem ok but their customer service is rude... not all of them but Thomas especially. I was told one thing by customer service and he was just rude when I brought it up to him. I seemed to always get him and dreaded him every time. However, if you're lucky to get someone else, they are nice! I'm sorry but I felt like I annoyed him most of the time! Not acceptable attitude to a customer.

Hi Lisa,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. According to our records, you have contacted our customer service department who has issued you an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) label to send back your glasses.

In regards to our return process, we do not charge our customers for postage to send back their glasses. You should have received an RMA and pre-paid shipping label to the email you had provided in your last order; the pre-paid shipping label covers your cost of shipping. Furthermore, shipping costs are waived on orders over $99; therefore, you were not charged for any shipping cost in your first order. We also issued you a Return Form, which we send to all customers in order to gain a better understanding of why the glasses are being sent back.

We pride ourselves on offering quality eyewear at an affordable price. Most of our single-vision eyeglasses are $39. Any upgrades from single-vision lenses such as progressives, bifocals, tints and coatings come at an additional cost. However, our prices for progressives and bifocals are still less expensive than most retailers.

Please understand that we value each one of our customers and want to accommodate you to the furthest extent possible. After inspecting your first returned pair of glasses, your prescription was found to be accurate.

As soon as we receive this pair of glasses, we will vigorously inspect them in order to get to the cause of any issue there may be.

We thank you for your patience during this matter and hope to make your experience with 39DollarGlasses.com a positive one.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

They made the wrong prescription TWICE which required checking with an optometrist TWICE to figure out why I could not see a THING through the glasses, then making an additional appt with my eye doc to check that he'd given me the right Rx. The return policy is tedious, with a long form to fill out, and a wait for a return label (which you are supposed to pay for). DO NOT BUY GLASSES HERE. Additionally, you can't get glasses for 30 dollars. They cost closer to 200 dollars, so the name itself is a lie. You've been warned.

Hi Greg,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. However, our description for our Transitions lenses does not state that anti-glare coating is included. You may have misunderstood the wording you are referring to on our website, the lenses included are scratch-resistant but not glare-resistant. We do offer an anti-glare coating for an additional fee of $24.95.

Furthermore, we did not edit or make any changes to the website during your conversation with our customer service representative via Live Chat. We are a company that has been in business for over 15 years and would not benefit from deceiving our customers. We take pride in having integrity and standing behind our mistakes.

In regards to combined shipping, we cannot waive the $5.95 fee for each order because it is not only a shipping fee, but it is a shipping and processing fee for each frame.

We thank you for reaching out to us with your concern. If you have any further questions, please let us know and we will be more than happy to help you.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

My first problem with this company is that they refused to combine shipping, as I was going to send three pairs of glasses to get lenses. Each frame had to be ordered separately, with shipping charges for each. Then, I really couldn't find better prices (now I have) out there, and was going to order, despite my qualms with the company shipping policy. I went to order Transitions poly lenses and it advertised that "anti-glare was included" with an option below to pay, so I went on to the chat session. The service person confirmed that it said that, but that I'd have to pay for it. I said that is false advertising. She contacted IT department. I said I'd take a photo of what it says. When I refreshed the browser, IT had taken down the offer of "anti-glare included." Thomas the manager came on the chat and basically called ME a liar. Beware of this company. So shady.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you so much for your kind words! We work hard at providing great service to our customers and are always happy to hear your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

I had placed an order for eyeglasses from one of 39dollarglasses.com competitors for slightly less money. After 3 days, the other company was still only "processing" my order. I contacted 39dollarglasses via online "chat". Thomas, at 39dollarglasses.com, "chatted" with me and provided clear, concise, and professional information to me that caused me to be more confident. My new glasses would be made properly, professionally, and (important) in a timely manner. Thomas's boss should be aware of his good service and prospective customers should be aware of my experience. Don't waste time with the other companies; I did and I learned. Nope, I am not a paid celebrity. I am a genuine customer.

39dollarglasses.com

Thanks for the positive review, Alycyn! We are happy to hear about your experience with our company and look forward to providing you with more quality, affordable glasses in the future!

Original review: July 25, 2016

I received excellent service from 39 Dollar Glasses. The frames I originally picked out were the wrong size for a child. Through the chat feature I was able to get the correct frames ordered. I received my order within a week. I 100% would & have recommended the 39 Dollar Glasses website to friends, coworkers & clients.

Hi Dominic,

We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion you have experienced. As per our re-lensing policy, once we have received the frame, production time may take anywhere between 3-5 business days to begin; due to custom handling, all our packages must first be sorted through before we begin the production process. The average production time for a re-lensing order takes roughly 7-10 business days. However, as with any order from our site, a failure in our inspection process may require additional production time.

Furthermore, our website does state that most orders ship out between 1-3 business days. However, some orders may need the full 3-7 business days production time. As advised on our website, this does not pertain to re-lensing orders. Our re-lensing production time is stated in the Terms & Conditions, which is sent to all customers via email before the order processing to send in the frame(s).

We pride ourselves on offering a friendly and helpful customer service team and would never want any of our customers to experience anything short of those expectations. We apologize for the experience you had and we will continue to monitor and review the situation.

Additionally, we have received your glasses for re-lensing and are in the beginning stages of the process. Please note that production time for re-lensing orders is roughly 7-10 business days but may require additional production time. Production time may vary based on prescription, frame, and/or lens package combination. Once your order is finished with production and is ready for shipping, you will receive a confirmation email with a tracking number attached.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: July 22, 2016

There is some serious confusion between the text on the website and the reality of their turnaround. Their website clearly says it should take 2 - 6 days for turnaround on relenses. Their customer support person was very aggressive and said that I should have read the terms when I purchased - not what was on their website. The rep said it takes minimum of 7 days to do the lenses, once they receive my frames. But my frames have been there for 5 days - they just have not yet processed them - so the clock starts ticking once they actually open the package I sent them 9 days ago. I was also informed that it can take much longer. Overall my experience has been very poor. I wish I knew that it would take so long - I would have paid for a more expensive service. To top it off - their customer support rep was rather aggressive. They were not thinking of treating me well, and hoping I would be a repeat customer.

This company tries to force you to buy their frames. They're an online company only, so they make up for business costs with that. But then they go one step further to get you to buy their frames. I'm unsure about how it may be if you purchase frames from this company, but having your own frames re-lensed is not recommended. I had three frames re-lensed the first time around and all went smoothly. They were all the same frames, and I ordered two clear and one tinted. So I sent in one more order for tinted. This time different frames, and was told they could not do it because the frame quality was too poor and that I could choose frames from their online store.

Since from experience, I cannot buy glasses without trying them on, I chose the refund. I was not refunded the cost of shipping my frames to them. But no problems so far from me. So then I purchased another of the same exact frames from the same manufacturer I'd sent in originally. I was told these frames are not good enough quality to be re-lensed. I asked why, when those had been used before, and could not get an answer. I requested twice the specifications for frame quality so that I wouldn't keep spending money on frames only to have them rejected. They would not provide those specifications for me.

I then said I will try one of their frames if they can provide discount to offset my repeated costs of shipping and purchasing frames; but if not, then I will take the refund. I was issued a refund. Just as with my request for specifications, any discount was refused. But the worst part of the whole thing was the consistently combative nature of the customer service rep.

Additionally, he had extremely poor reasoning skills, as his responses were repeatedly irrelevant. I was just told that they don't have to re-lense any frames. They don't want to re-lense. VERY poor service. And it simply makes no sense that they will not provide specifications for appropriate frames. It also does not make sense that they will not re-lense the same frames as they'd done before. I was given no explanation for this. Suspicious. But just to warn consumers: If you're thinking of using the company for re-lensing, think again. They have their ways of offsetting costs for what appears to be cheaper rates.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you for the kind words, Nancy! We are glad to hear about your positive experience with our company and look forward to having you as a long-time customer with 39DollarGlasses.com!

Original review: July 14, 2016

I was very satisfied with my experience with 39dollarglasses.com. We have bought several pair of glasses from them and were never sorry. When I got my glasses, I didn't like the way the frames sat on my nose so they allowed me to send them back and get a different frame. I also got the non-glare coating. I will continue to buy my glasses from 39dollarglasses.com for sure.

39dollarglasses.com

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with your order and thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not the kind of work that we pride ourselves on here at 39DollarGlasses.com.

As a courtesy, we will remake your order for you free of charge. Your shipping will also be upgraded to UPS Next Day Air in order to get them to you sooner; you do not have to send back your glasses. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we have added $20 into your EyeBucks Rewards account to use on your future purchases. Please let us know if you would like to use the same frame or a different frame in your new order. Once your new order is finished, you will receive another confirmation email with a tracking number attached.

If you have further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: July 9, 2016

Today I received my first order from 39dollarglasses.com. The frames are great but the lenses are not properly cut to the shape of the frames and have obvious defects in workmanship. It looks like a child that doesn't know how to color in-between the lines manufactured them and dropped them on the floor during packaging. Terrible quality assurance process.

39dollarglasses.com

Thanks for the kind words, Ken! We're happy to have provided you with a great experience ordering glasses online and we hope you continue to enjoy your 39DollarGlasses!

Original review: July 1, 2016

I was a little leery about ordering glasses online - especially at less than half the price of what I was quoted locally. Because of the savings I decided to take the change. I ordered the progressive, transitional, and scratch-resistant glasses. Not only do the glasses fit well but the lenses are the proper strength and they darken to sunlight as advertised. They took about a week to arrive after ordering. I'm glad I made the decision to buy online!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 10, 2016

My original experience with 39dollarglasses wasn't the best & they were right about me missing my 30 or 90 day full refund period (I live in Hawaii -- we're a little slower here). Anyway, after my previous 1 star review I did get a couple of telephone calls & emails from them asking how they could make the situation better. We agreed to just making regular lined bi-focal sunglasses instead of the 3 different distances with progressive lenses. I've gotten my new glasses & they are PERFECT!

I'm very happy with my experience with them now & know you'll have a good experience too. Just make sure you get the proper PD (pupil distance) numbers for EACH eye from your eye doctor. I measured mine initially & was off .5 cm... So even though I was somewhat at fault, the company forgave me & remade my lenses & now we're all good. Thank you 39dollarglasses!

Hi Gloria,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. According to our records, you contacted our customer service department regarding your order and they advised you that although your order is out of our warranty period, we will re-inspect your glasses in order to look for any possible mistakes made during production; we will always take full responsibility for any mistakes made on our end and will correct them immediately. However, after re-inspecting your glasses, we did not find any errors.

Furthermore, we would like to reach out to you via phone in order to gain a better understanding of your situation and come to a resolution on this matter. Please understand that we would never want any of our customers to receive an order that is anything less than the quality expected from 39dollarglasses.com. We will be attempting to contact you shortly via phone. If you have any further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: June 14, 2016

I sent my 39 dollar glasses back to them as the prescription was not right. I had my first pair made at my dr's office & they are perfect & great. I tried 39 dollar glasses to save some money getting a second pair which were sunglasses that I could use for driving & reading. I checked & doubled checked my numbers that I input from the prescription into their website. But when I look through the lenses things bend to the left which definitely isn't "right." I missed the full refund return period & sent them back within 90 days to be "inspected" only to be told that they didn't find any problems with them & that I should take them back to my doctor to have my prescription checked. So, here I sit out of $100+ with a pair of sunglasses which are useless. If you are trying to save money, go to Costco or WalMart where you live. At least there will be someone to hold accountable in person. I won't ever buy from them again.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you for the kind words, Mike! We truly appreciate your positive review. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service, so we're always glad to know we are upholding our values. Enjoy your new glasses.

Original review: May 26, 2016

I had purchased a pair of glasses from Walmart for about $400. I lost them and decided to try 39dollarglasses.com and I'm glad I did. My glasses arrived one week later are almost identical to the ones I lost but less than half the price. They are the right prescriptions and they fit just right. I actually like them a little better than the ones I lost. So thank you 39dollarglasses.com. Next time I need glasses I will definitely use 39dollarglasses.com.

39dollarglasses.com

Hi Ed - We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with your order. We receive our frames as is from our manufacturers with no extra parts, because of this, all our frames are under a free frame replacement warranty for up to one year. Please understand that we are not refusing to give you two screws because of policy, we simply do not have them.

Since your most recent order was from 2014, these glasses are indeed out of warranty, as advised by our customer service department. You were also offered a discount on new frames which we believe is more than fair, especially since your order is two years old. We apologize if you believe that this is unfair.

We have added $20 into your EyeBucks Rewards points to use in the future if you choose to place another order. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: May 21, 2016

I have bought many pairs of glasses from 39 and was very happy until now. My wife had 2 screws fall out of her sunglasses. Normally any optician would give you 2 screws usually without charge. I contacted 39 Glasses and they ignored my emails. When I got them on the phone they said if they were under warranty they would send new frames??? New frames when you only need 2 screws worth a nickel at the most sounds stupid to me. Ours were out of warranty and they offered new frames with a discount. They refused to give me two lousy screws. In this case my wife and I will get our glasses from a local optical store in the future. Too bad they have such a stupid policy.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you so much for your positive review, Ronald! We're glad to hear about your experience with our company and are proud to be able to provide you with quality, affordable glasses. We look forward to having you as a long-time customer with 39DollarGlasses.com!

Original review: May 19, 2016

When I found $39.00 glasses, I thought it was a scam. How could they sell me a pair of prescription glasses (sun or regular) for this price? I called and spoke with a very kind gentleman who took my order. The glasses arrived in about a week. However, I, and I emphasize, I gave them the wrong prescription. I could not see out of these and they were useless to me. I phoned the company and once again, they were kind, supportive, non-judgmental and very professional. They allowed me return the glasses and this time I gave them the correct lens numbers. Within a week or so, my new glasses arrived. They are perfect in every way possible.

This company is 5 star to me and I acknowledge their great work, wonderful spirit and I don't know where you could possible get a pair of glasses less expensively. The frames were top notch and of course, the glass itself was most desirable. Having said this, my joy and pleasure was speaking with the agents. They were incredibly respectful and helpful. From now on, I will not ever go to another place for glasses. There were no scams, no come-ons, nothing but glasses for only $39.00. I recommend them highly and suggest you give them a chance. A very pleased customer.

Hi Kathy,

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. We're sorry that we could not respond to your email immediately; however, we receive a high volume of emails and respond to them in the order in which we receive them. Furthermore, we are a company that has been in business for 15 years and would not benefit from purposely ignoring emails in order to wait for an order to ship. Please understand that not all lens packages are available for certain prescription strengths. Therefore, our site does not give the customer an option to chose certain lens packages if their prescription is too strong. Our 50% refund policy on UltimateViewHD lenses in advised on our website. Once the shipping label is created, the package does not leave New York immediately. The package is sent to the local post office, which still located in New York. Once the package leaves our facility, we have no control over the delivery time. We apologize for the inconvenience for our business hours. However, for future reference, we offer a Live Chat during our business hours where you will be helped by one of our customer service representatives immediately. Once again, we're sorry to hear about your experience. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: May 12, 2016

I ordered my glasses on May 4th. I realized over that weekend that these new glasses will have the same problems as my current frames will. I checked and the order had not been shipped yet so I emailed asking if I could get the lenses in a smaller frame. The next day they shipped the glasses out, and then two days later Tifanny answered my email back stating too bad they didn't read my email in time and I should have called, and oh by the way I ordered a lens package where they only give a 50 percent refund.

Well what a coincidence that they only just checked the email the day after shipping my glasses out. And if they shipped them out four days ago, where are they? The last thing it says on tracking is 'label created' and they are still in New York. Stupid idiots. And I didn't 'choose' this lens package. It gave me no other choice. The cheaper choice I wanted was blanked out and wouldn't let me select it. Also, Tifanny has a snotty tone. I am definitely complaining to the BBB. They can't make you choose a certain lens package then tell you there are no refunds on that one; and then conveniently not check their email until after the glasses are shipped out and expect people to think they do good business. And as far as calling, well if they were open any hours that I'm not at work, I would have.

39dollarglasses.com Company Profile