4.3/5 (451 ratings)

About 39dollarglasses.com

39DollarGlasses is an online retailer specializing in glasses, sunglasses and contact lenses. Each pair of glasses comes with scratch-resistant coating and UV protection. Inventory includes narrow and round glasses, glasses designed for working on a computer or driving and frames for teens and toddlers.

Pros

• Made in the U.S.
  • Free shipping on orders of $99
  • Affordable

Cons

• Online only
  • No high-end designer options

Bottom Line

True to its name, 39DollarGlasses sells glasses starting at $39. All eyewear includes a worry-free guarantee with 30 days to return and 90 days to exchange.

Top 39dollarglasses.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Verified

39dollarglasses was quick and easy. I'm very happy with the process and the results. I've ordered sunglasses and regular glasses. I’ve also ordered glasses for my father that were...

Verified

… The quality of the glasses has been excellent too. The shipping could be a little bit faster from when the prescription is submitted though. But that's the only negative comment...

How 39DollarGlasses works

39DollarGlasses has an extensive inventory of glasses for men, women, teens and kids you can search online. You can filter your search by frame shape, material and color as well as width and temple (“arm”) length.

39DollarGlasses uses ExactFit technology to help you get a clear picture of how different glasses will look and feel on your face. With ExactFit, you must enter your pupillary distance (PD) number. If you don’t know how far apart your pupils are, use the AccuPD feature to gauge your PD. ExactFit then calculates the measurements of your face from a photograph.

You can then pick a few glasses you like and see how they look on your face. Once you’ve completed the virtual try-on and found the pair you want, you can customize details like the lens tint and optional anti-glare coating. Choose from four different lens types:

• Single-vision for distance
  • Single-vision for reading
  • Regular bifocals with a link
  • Progressive lenses (no-line bifocals)

After you choose the lens package and enter your prescription, you can enter any coupon codes or discounts and select a shipping option.

39DollarGlasses costs

As of publishing, eyewear from 39DollarGlasses costs anywhere from $39 to $69. However, special upgrades, like anti-glare coating and photochromic lenses, can raise the final price to $100 or more. Lenses for distance and reading come standard with most frames, and bifocals and progressive lenses cost a little more.

The UltimateView Light and Thin Rx lenses are standard. At checkout, you have the option to purchase the following lens package upgrades:

• UltimateView Tinted RX Lenses: $9.95
  • UltimateView Light & Thin Rx Lenses with Premium Anti-Glare Coating: $24
  • Transitions Signature Light & Thin Photochromic Rx Lenses: $98

39DollarGlasses shipping options

Shipping costs range from free to $17.90. As of publishing, 39DollarGlasses offers four different shipping options:

Shipping MethodShipping timecostCost for orders over $99
USPS First Class2 to 8 business days$4.95Free
FedEx 2-Day Express2 business days$9.95$5.00
FedEx Next Day1 business day$17.90$12.95
First Class International7 to 14 business days$12.95$8.00

39DollarGlasses return policy

39DollarGlasses’ worry-free guarantee lets you return your glasses for a full refund within 30 days and exchange them within 90 days. Most orders are refundable for in-store credit after the first 30 days. However, shipping charges are nonrefundable. Multifocal lenses and contacts are excluded from this policy.

• Multifocal lenses: Bifocal or progressive lenses can be exchanged one time for free within 90 days of delivery.
  • Contact lenses: Contacts can be returned within 60 days of purchase as long as they are in their original condition (not opened or damaged).

39DollarGlasses FAQ

How long does it take to get glasses from 39DollarGlasses?
It typically takes between two and seven business days to get orders from 39DollarGlasses.
Does 39DollarGlasses have a warranty?
Yes. 39DollarGlasses’ warranty coverage is based on lens type. The company includes a standard 30-day return policy and a 90-day exchange policy on most orders.
Does 39DollarGlasses have specialty lens options available?
Yes. 39DollarGlasses offers dozens of lens packages for different vision needs. These include lenses specifically for reading, seeing at night, seeing far away and seeing up close. Eyeglasses with custom prescription lenses and 100% UV protection are also available.
Where are 39DollarGlasses made?
All eyewear is made on Long Island in New York.
When was 39DollarGlasses founded?
39DollarGlasses was founded by eye doctors and launched in 2000.

Is 39DollarGlasses.com legit?

Yes, 39DollarGlasses is a legitimate online company that sells glasses at discounted prices. It has a standard refund policy and affordable shipping costs. We also like that the company has donated more than $600,000 worth of eyewear to people who needed glasses but could not afford them.

39dollarglasses.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I've been a customer for more than 10 years, and every pair has been great. Our puppy got hold of a pair I just bought (less than 2 weeks ago) and destroyed the frame. To my amazement, 39dollarglasses provides a courtesy frame replacement. My fault, and 39dollarglasses bails me out! Tiffany in the call center helped with this, with speed and good cheer (we laughed about the dog's appetite!). I teach marketing at Georgetown University and will use this story to illustrate that astonishing customer service is what creates customers for life. Take a bow, 39dollarglasses!

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

Tiffany F. is AWESOME! My Dr. changed my prescription last visit and I ordered new glasses based on that. They were somewhat blurry. I called your CS # and got Tiffany F. on the line. She was VERY knowledgeable, professional, and a pleasure to talk to. She fixed my issue while we were on the phone... Emailed my RMA and label, processed my exchange, and explained everything in easy-to-understand detail. Give her a raise and a promotion!! I'm a retired Sales Manager from the Professional Beauty industry. I wish I could have had a Tiffany F. or two on my team!! I'm a customer for life! Thank you Tiffany!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

From the time she spoke to time it ended was enough to secure me for life as a consumer with 39glasses. Tiffany F. words aren't enough to express my gratitude and appreciation for people like you. Thank you for being you day in and day out and treating me like I would with anyone in this world if they allowed themselves to be the change in the world people want to see. I've never met you but I definitely won't forget you. You are a key ingredient in the mixing bowl of life and may you continue walking in your blessings and remain true to who you are and what you put out in this world. Blessings to you and yours for an eternity.

Original review: July 18, 2022

Customer service is outstanding. I have been purchasing glasses online from 39Dollar for 12 years without any problems. This year after macular hole surgery followed by cataract surgery I had some issues with my new glasses. During the entire process to resolve my issues, 39$ customer service (Stephanie) was reachable by phone and email, and worked very proactively to resolved. In the end, I needed a revised prescription from my eye doctor. 39$ arranged for the return, remade the lenses, and monitored the shipment. For those who may be reluctant to purchase glasses online because of the perceived lack of support and interaction, my very positive experience should relieve some of those fears.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I contacted 39dollarglasses.com because I hadn't verified my teacher status until after I submitted the order. (They offer a QR code for teachers to give to a student for a free pair of eyeglasses when teachers submit their own order.) I really wanted the QR code for one of my students. Thomas, the customer service rep I spoke with, was quick to respond, got the QR code with me and walked me through future orders so that everything is up to date. I've ordered my glasses from here since 2018 and I've never had an issue with them. I would highly recommend ordering glasses from them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

I called the 800 number to report that my frame broke about 6 months after purchase. The customer service rep (Tiffany F) was extremely helpful and professional in resolving the problem (mailing a new frame at no cost except for shipping), and even offered me tips on which frames may be more durable for my next purchase next year. She had a great attitude, was very patient and a real pleasure to speak with. I will definitely be ordering more glasses in the future from 39DollarGlasses.com! Thank you!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

I received my distance and progressives (no line bifocals) and was extremely satisfied with the style and overall finish. Don't let the $39 fool you...I have ordered several pairs before and feel they compete with the name brand store models. Ordering is very easy, staff are very helpful and finished glasses arrive quickly. $39 is certainly a diamond in the rough.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

Hang on to this one, Tiffany has mad skills dealing with us old people. :) Tiffany was so patient, kind and helpful when I called in a panic cuz my glasses were completely blurry. She walked me thru the process patiently without making me feel dumb, and we had a few laughs along the way. Good quality items and a great price. Will definitely be back and will tell others. I talk a lot…like a LOT! Just ask Tiffany…

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Tiffany F. is a fabulous customer service representative. I had to call several times because customer service is just so busy, but Tiffany was patient, pleasant and professional. Hold onto her, customers experience when interacting with representatives is a huge factor in repeat business. Next time I need glasses, I'll think of Tiffany and order from 39.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I don't need to say much. Stephanie dealt with all issues I had. I needed my sun glasses to be much darker. Later I needed to replace some glasses whose stem fell off. Another pair I wanted to change frames. She was excellent in her knowledge, solutions, and details! She was extremely nice in every interaction we had. I would highly recommend this company and particularly Stephanie! The other person I dealt with on one occasion, maybe David, was also very very nice & even called me after hours. My needs were met beyond my expectations.

39dollarglasses.com Company Information