Call toll free
4.56/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

39DollarGlasses.com is the top online optical store for all your prescription eyewear and contact lens needs. Our friendly customer service team is happy to help answer any questions you may have. With quality products, fast shipping, and a knowledgeable staff, 39DollarGlasses is the best place to get a custom crafted pair of prescription glasses or contact lenses at the lowest prices around.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

394 39dollarglasses.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I’ve been using 39dollarglasses.com for at least four years now. I usually get the metal frames with the regular lenses and have found them to be of good quality. They are the same as store brands or the ones you can buy in a retail pharmacy. 39dollarglasses.com is very convenient, easy to use and they have great prices.

39dollarglasses.com response

Thanks for your kind words, Alexander! We do offer a lot of the same frames that are offered locally and are extremely excited that you were able to take advantage of our low prices!

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have a few family members that need glasses and I've been ordering from 39 Dollar Glasses for at least 10 years. The prices and the quality of the products that I’ve received are good. I'm happy with the bifocals I got, and the transition lenses are good. Also, the transition lenses were not as expensive as some of the other sites. The ordering process was easy as well.

The customer service team was really good about giving me the information on my latest order. I ordered glasses for my grandson who is in college. They had some good frames that my grandson picked out and liked. Both his other pairs broke. So then, it was like redoing the same order that I had before. When I first ordered them, I put them on my address to be sent here. But then I realized I should have sent them to him in school. And so, the rep changed it when I requested that. My grandson got the glasses right there quickly. I also asked about a refund on part of the order, and the rep said she was gonna give me the refund.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Sally! We are so glad to hear that we are able to serve you and your family with all of your eyeglass needs! It is our mission to provide affordable eyeglasses without compromising quality and are happy to see you take advantage of that! :)

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I’ve been using 39dollarglasses.com for about eight years now and they have been good. I probably bought 50 pairs from them. It's an alternative for people who can't afford $500 for a pair of glasses.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Elaine! We would like to thank you for your loyalty. It is customers such as yourself who allow us to continue offering such great prices for quality eye glasses. We are here to ensure that everyone has access to affordable eyewear and so happy to know that you are able to take full advantage of that! :)

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

This company has good glasses. They're just as good as the other ones and I like them. I can see out of them and I like the color. The style is all right too. It's neat. I had my first pair for about three months but they broke so I bought some more. I'm now on my fifth pair with 39 Dollar.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Beverly! We certainly do have many frames to choose from in order to ensure that every customer finds the style, shape, and color they prefer. We are so glad that you are able to find frames that fit your needs :) Don't forget to check our "New Arrivals" section on the site so that you can view our new frame styles that we add to the site!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I looked at the reviews and there were more negative reviews on the other competitors, so we went with 39 Dollar Glasses. We’ve been using them for about 10 years and we typically do glasses. If I see a frame that I’m a little concerned about, I go ahead and print it and take a look at it. That helps with the process and it is very easy to go through the steps and order the glasses. As far as the selection, there could be more, but it was sufficient. However, I go to some of the other sites and they have more selections on their website, but, at the same time, I read a lot of the reviews that they weren’t good or it took forever to get them.

Sometimes, we’ve seen a bit quicker in the delivery of the glasses, but usually, it is the expected timeframe. I am happiest with the frames at 39 Dollar. Once, when I had a frame that broke, the reps were very quick to replace it and we were very satisfied with that. I have recommended 39 Dollar Glasses to friends and they have ordered from their website.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Marco! We would like to thank you for your loyalty as a customer. Our frames which are offered do change and we are always looking to ensure we are able to provide multiple frames which customers would love. Do not forget to check out our "New Arrivals" portion of the website so that you are never behind in the latest models and styles! We are also glad to hear that you are happy with the Customer Service in which we provide as we pride ourselves in providing our customers with the best and most personalized experience possible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We would like to commend your phone customer service person Tiffany ** for we believe great service. Tiffany was well informed, courteous, and prompt to help us with the issue we called about with the pair of glasses we recently purchased. Hopefully all of your customer service personnel would match the way she helped me.

39dollarglasses.com response

Thank you for this review! Tiffany will appreciate your feedback :)

Resolution response: Feb. 5, 2019

The company offered me an exchange for glasses that do work and the option to try on some lenses before I buy again. I was very happy with David R's excellent communication skills and customer service. 5 stars for their follow up. Going forward, read the fine print and realize that there is a 30% restocking fee on everything except the basic glasses.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I ordered a pair of glasses on 39dollarglasses.com. I was confident of the purchase because their website says: "WORRY FREE GUARANTEE 30 DAY FREE RETURNS". When I got the glasses, they were cheap, plastic looking frames that I could have bought at the 99 cent store and the lenses made me dizzy. I opened up an RMA with a very unenthusiastic customer service rep that sent me an RMA. Still no mention of ANY restocking fee. When the refund came, it was a bit more than half the cost of the glasses. They charge a 30% restocking fee. They don't bother to tell you about that during the RMA process or when ordering. You're better off to go to somewhere else to buy your eyewear.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have ordered many glasses from 39 Dollar Glasses and I've sent them frames of sunglasses to have it filled. Their price made me choose them over other companies. When my prescription changed and had to get new glasses, I bought Versailles glasses, which I've had before. Ordering was very easy. I recommend 39 Dollar to friends.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi James! We are happy to hear about your experience and looking forward to providing you with quality eyeglasses for many more years to come! P.S. Great decision with regards to the Versailles 131 frames as they are one of the most popular and in style frames we currently offer!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

There was an error on my order ** and Tiffany took great care in explaining the return process and assured me she would take care of it. Calmed me down making me feel better knowing she would take. I have ordered glasses with you before and I will recommend you to my friends. Great customer service.

39dollarglasses.com response

Thank you, Victoria! We strive to provide our customers with excellent customer service and we're glad to hear this feedback! :

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Tiffany ** is a wonderful customer service rep. She Patient, helpful, kind and you could hear her smile over the phone. We all need more Tiffany’s. Customer service can be a real hard job at times. We need to acknowledge when we have good ones. Thank you Tiffany. Have a great week.

39dollarglasses.com response

Thank you so much for this review! We're glad to hear that you're satisfied with our Customer Service :)

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I absolutely love my new sunglasses! And the prescription is spot on! I heard good things about 39DollarGlasses, so I thought I'd try them, and I'm so glad I did! Such a great shopping experience, with a wonderful customer service staff, so helpful and kind. I'll definitely be a return customer! Keep up the great work 39DollarGlasses! Thank you!

39dollarglasses.com response

We're so glad to hear about your positive experience! Thank you for your kind words :)

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I have purchased my glasses from 39dolllarglasses.com for the last 8 years and never had a problem until now. I received my glasses just before Christmas, either the prescription is wrong to the pd is wrong, but they are Un-usable. I contacted them to tell them about the mistake. They instantly blame me for entering my prescription wrong, I double check it and it was correctly entered. They then tell me I probably measured my pd wrong, but it's not, and I have purchased at least a 8 pairs from them with the same pd measurement.

They tell me they will send out a return mail envelope right away. Over 2 weeks later I get a return form in the mail, no return envelope. I'm from Canada so they won't pay return postage, that's fine, but then why waste over 2 weeks sending it in the mail? During a postal strike! Why not email it? My theory is because they want to stall till the 30 day return policy is over. By this time I've already purchased glasses somewhere else. But I will get them corrected so I can use them as a spare.

I send an email complaining about why they would send the return paperwork in the mail and not email it, other than to just waste time so I could not return the glasses. But I never get a response. Now the holidays are over and I can't find the return paperwork so I message them to see what they can do, and I mention that their email response was very slow. I instantly receive attitude. I ask again why they would send return paperwork in the mail and not by email? She tells me because I requested it, it's my fault. They blame everything on the customer, nothing is their fault! And I see that here also. They blame the customer in every response I've read here. I donated the glasses, hopefully someone else can make use of them. I won't use this company again. I recommend you stay away also.

Hi Darcy!

We apologize in advance for the inconvenience you've experienced. We're baffled by your review as we take great pride in offering friendly, helpful customer service. When contacting us, our first action would be to review the order information for any potential error(s), as this is sometimes the case when a customer states the eyeglasses are "un-usable". We're certain there was no intent to blame since this would be of no benefit to either party. Upon review of your order, we do see various PD's entered on different orders as well as different prescriptions. However, your review suggests you were originally contacting us to tell us about a mistake made so we'd like to mention that we offer an excellent return policy that will allow a free exchange and we're still happy to offer you this to you.

We also want to apologize for the inconvenience in regards to issuing your Return Exchange Form. Unfortunately, our system does not allow for us to generate RMA's for customers outside of the United States. When a return is requested for customers outside of the U.S. we email our return address along with the Return Exchange Form or this is mailed at the customers request, so we apologize if this was not requested. Please know that our warranty states "Warranty type will be determined by the date of contact" and not by the date of receiving the return as you may believe. We see this was also advised to you prior to you writing this review.

Upon review of your email correspondence with a member of our Customer Support Team - we see that you were told, "We will be mailing out a return form to you." and so, we're not quite sure how or when you were advised that you'd receive a return mail envelope. Furthermore, we wanted to address your concern about not receiving an email response from us. We were able to locate your email dated 12-13-2018 as well as our Customer Service Manager's response sent three (3) business days after. Please let us know if you'd like for us to forward these emails for your records. In addition, please understand that response times for emails can take 1-3 business days which is advised right after your message has been sent.

Please understand that we're happy to offer you a free remake order and you'll be contacted by our Customer Service Manager to further address your concerns.

We do appreciate your business and we look forward to speaking with you!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I contacted 39DollarGlasses.com because I had a problem with the frames I ordered from them over a year ago. They quickly replied to me and within a few days I had a brand new frame. Thanks 39DollarGlasses.com for standing behind your products. You will be my one stop shop for Glasses from now on.

39dollarglasses.com response

Thank you so much for this review, Michael! :)

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have ordered 7 pairs of glasses from this company within 5 months. Reason for this is I have a toddler boy in glasses... They aren't exactly easy on glasses... That's on me. (Miraflex doesn't fit is nose) What shouldn't be on me is that 2 of the glasses I received had an incorrect prescription! I didn't realize this until 3 months later when my son's ophthalmologist checked the lenses and said they were wrong.

Of course, this is out of the return window and the company is unwilling to accept these 2 returns. I'm sure an adult would notice that something is off/wrong with their prescription immediately. So, that return window I'm sure works for adults. A toddler can't communicate what the issue is and they take their glasses off constantly so a parent can't tell that there is an issue. So, that return window doesn't work for children. Unfortunately, when I explained this situation I was meet with the coldest customer service!

I also explained that I spend thousands of dollars on glasses a year and have spent some of that with them these last 5 months. No exceptions! It didn't matter! So 39dollarglasses instead of simply giving me a remake or a refund of $141.90 you will lose a minimum of $1,800 of my minimum annual glasses expense. My son constantly breaks his glasses and I was placing orders with this company and averaging more than 1 pair of glasses being purchased a month.

Hmmmm, poor customer service and as a business owner I would regret turning away a life long client that spends thousands a year. So, 39dollarglasses dug their heels in on their return policy and I will go elsewhere for accurate prescriptions for my precious little one's eyes and better customer service. We count on you to give us a correct product and I entrusted my child's eye health to you. You made 2 mistakes that I paid for. Shame Shame Shame. Please go elsewhere for children's glasses. Your little one's eyes are too precious for mistakes and carelessness!

Revised review after speaking with Tiffany in customer service. I have been corrected. My order is impossible to make. Even though the prescription for my son is written as a bifocal with +3 and specifically said split mid pupil, because I checked the single vision box it can't be made as a bifocal. So, here is where I say we... we should still break-up! I am willing to admit when I am wrong, but it seems like I'm not solely the only wrong one here. But, I am the only one paying here. I checked the wrong box for single vision, but provided you with a bifocal prescription and specific directions to have it split mid pupil.

So, I made a 50% or less mistake, but there isn't a person that says this can't be made and therefore, doesn't make it? If it can't be made DON'T! Don't make the impossible, that doesn't work out for anyone, does it? Clearly, this didn't add up and there isn't a quality control process to check the product. Still no negotiation or even a kind gesture from the company to work with me. So, again, I will say children's eyes are precious and should only be trusted to professionals that have hands on the prescription and hands on the lenses.

This way you don't end up in my shoes with 2 wrongs equaling 39dollarglasses being right and keeping 100% of your money. Adults shop away on this site, I'm sure you can save money, just as I was attempting to do. For your child's glasses, spend the extra money and get your glasses from a doctor's office. That way any mistake can be caught no matter who made it.

Hi Kimberly,

We apologize for any confusion regarding this matter and we're happy to address your concerns. We would like to clarify that the glasses were not made with an incorrect prescription as you've suggested. We produce glasses as per the specifications chosen on our site when the order was placed. The glasses were made as "Single Vision Full-Time Wear" which is what you entered. When placing an order on our site, the first question asked is whether you wish to purchase single vision, bifocals, or progressive lenses. Being that you entered single vision (full time wear), the ADD power of the prescription would not be used since single vision lenses would not accommodate both distance and reading vision in one lens. If you had chosen bifocals, the glasses would have been made as such. We apologize however, we are not sure why you believe we are at fault for this. It appears that this was more of a misunderstanding when the order was placed and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. For future reference, regardless if you have an ADD power included on the order's prescription, choosing "Single Vision Full-Time Wear", will initiate our lab to produce distance vision lenses; please know that bifocals were not chosen nor paid for.

We are slightly confused by your statement, "Of course, this is out of the return window and the company is unwilling to accept these 2 returns."As per our return policy, the order is technically out of warranty however, we're glad to see that you were sent an RMA and prepaid return label prior to receiving this review.

We are also confused regarding your statement, "My order is impossible to make. Even though the prescription for my son is written as a bifocal with +3 and specifically said split mid pupil, because I checked the single vision box it can't be made as a bifocal." We see that you placed another order for bifocals using the same prescription and we'd like to point out that it is not impossible. In regards to your order comments, we wouldn't have known that you were attempting to order bifocal lenses as again, the glasses are made as per the selections made on the site when placing the order. We would have certainly placed the order on hold and contacted you for the additional payment needed to order bifocal lenses. Additionally, once an order is placed we automatically send an email confirmation to all customers which shows in detail what was ordered and what you can expect to receive.

In any case, we're expecting to receive the returned pairs and as per your discussion with our manager, a full store credit will be issued upon receipt.

If we can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to ask!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Three weeks have passed since my order was placed and paid for, that was 12-14-2018. I called customer service 01-02-19 to find out why I did not receive my order (19 days had passed)... The answer I was given was "your order has not been processed yet". When I asked about their 5-7 days to ship policy, I was told 19 days was within that window because of a holiday. On Jan. 02, 2019 I was promised by customer service that my order would ship no later than Friday AM, Jan. 04, 2019. It is now late afternoon on 01-04-19 and my order is still marked "pending" when I check my account at 39dollarglasses.com... I have been calling both their phone #s all day today (non-holiday workday)... I get a recording saying they are closed...

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

On Dec 28 Tiffany helped me with a phone order. She was very helpful in getting me a discount and applied credits. She is a valuable asset to your company’s business. Thumb’s up for Tiffany. I have ordered from your company for years and the experience has been excellent.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I placed an order to have my $200 pair or Ralph Lauren Polo square frames re-lensed on December 5th, 2018. FedEx told me my package had been delivered on December 13th. It is now the 27th and no update. Try live chat, no response. Call directly, no response. Left a message. Never ordering here again. I spent about $90 after shipping for these glasses THAT I NEED TO SEE and absolutely no contact.

Hi Tori

We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. We do see that you spoke with a member of our customer support team on 11/27/2018 who advised that you would receive a call back today, 11/28/2018. Typically, it can take anywhere from 3-5 business days for a package to be processed once delivered to our facility. We appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I just paid almost 100 dollars for these glasses. I ordered the Clarke frames with the Seiko ultra thin frames. The price was reasonable. However, the quality is not good. There is a clear lack of symmetry when I put the glasses on my face, as the joints where the frames are welded onto the screws are manufactured differently. The difference is slight but noticeable, enough so for me to be bothered enough to write an online review. I will be contacting the company to remedy my situation, but I am frustrated to know that it will be yet another waiting process until things are resolved.

The quality control doesn’t seem to be good. Other reviewers are posting favorable reviews, but glasses should NOT arrived with manufacturing defects in the joints. I have tried adjusting with the tool they provided, but the issue lies not with the tightness of the joint itself, but rather with its placements. After waiting over a week to receive my glasses, I am disappointed with the quality control. Hopefully you’ll have better luck. Will update once this issue is resolved with hopefully a new review.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My previous doctor gave me a similar prescription with a completely different axis. I was having a lot of trouble with headaches and once I got it checked with the right doctor, I had to replace all of my lenses, which was getting very expensive. I looked online for lenses and a bunch of frames, and I found 39 Dollar Glasses. I took a chance with them and I was very impressed.

For my sunglasses, I wanted to go for what they call pink but I wanted something darker because pink looked a bit more girly on a guy. I requested something darker and they did an amazing job at it. It’s tough to get lenses with a PD right and they’ve taken the time to get the right tint on my order. I also sent three more frames for re-lensing. The two women and the gentleman I talked to at 39 Dollar Glasses were understanding of what I was looking for. They suggested giving them a sample in a picture so they could give me exactly what I wanted. They know their job really well and I’m very impressed with the quality of the work they do.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I needed a pair of prescription driving sunglasses. I had a new prescription on record, which was a month old, and I thought I'd see if I could get the glasses online. So, I put in “prescription sunglasses” online and 39 Dollar Glasses came up. Then I put in the information on their website. The delivery of the glasses was excellent and the glasses came promptly. They fit perfectly, too. Normally, people go and get glasses adjusted and a bit of tweaking on the arms, but not with my 39 Dollar Glasses. They’re also perfect for driving and the quality is very good. I had an excellent experience with 39 Dollar Glasses and I would order from them again. I’ve also recommended them to other people.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Andrew. Thank you for your kind words and your recommendations to others. It is our goal to provide every customer with nothing less than a great experience when ordering with us and we are glad to have accommodated your needs :) We look forward to making you more eyeglasses for many years to come!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I’ve been a customer for over two years now and have purchased 4 pairs of glasses, always happy. The last pair arrived with a bend in one of the temples and another minor cosmetic flaw. I called the company to mention it, and without hesitation the customer service representative said I would be sent new frames immediately. 39dollarglasses even paid the international shipping. I just received them and they are perfect. It’s rare these days to receive that level of service from any company, especially an online only entity. I highly recommend 39dollarglasses.com and will continue to be a customer.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey George. We are so glad that you are happy with our products and with our Customer Service. We are glad to have you as a loyal customer and excited to continually exceed your expectations in the future!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Sent them my Rayban frame to relens and was told it would take 5 business days once they receive it. Called them after they received it and they told me that they hadn’t started working on it yet and that it would take 7-10 business days before they ship it to me. 5 business days after I called them I got an email saying that my frame broke while they worked on it. I gave them a call and all they wanted to do was either refund me the money I paid for the lens or get free glasses from their $39 ones even though I paid $60 for the relensing alone and when asked about my $180 frame all they had to say was “sorry”. Never got compensated for the frame and the customer service lady that I called didn’t even wanna hear me. Absolutely horrible experience on my first try with them and definitely my last. I won’t be dealing with them ever again and would never recommend them to anybody.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I paid by debit card and sent these people my frames and prescription on September 26, 2018. It's now December 11, 2018, and I have yet to receive anything from this company. Please, please, for your own sake, do NOT do business with this company!

Hi Robert,

We apologize however, the frame you submitted could not be processed and an email was sent to you on 10/04/2018. We checked our records and we haven't heard from you prior to us receiving this review, nor did we receive a response to the email that was sent to you. We're glad to see that our Customer Service Manager called you this evening and we can see the issue has now been resolved.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

The first time I used 39 Dollar Glasses was on April 2007. I’ve been happy with them, because even with my prescription staying the same, I’ve ordered 20 pairs of glasses from them. I tried some places in the mid-2000s before I went and stayed with 39 Dollar Glasses, but the prescription that the the other places got was not particularly accurate. I brought it in to my ophthalmologist and sometimes, he would just smirk but other times, he would laugh. But 39 Dollar Glasses is pretty accurate, and my ophthalmologist recommends them for his patients that need regular glasses.

39 Dollar Glasses has decent wire frames with springs in the temples and they also have good-looking plastic frames. In the couple of times when they sent the wrong item, they just took it right back and replaced it. They replace things faster than I could find time to go to the optician. I’ve had to exchange a couple of prescriptions. The lenses didn’t quite fit into the frame. But when you force the lenses, the frame had a little bit of hairline cracks in the side. 39 Dollar Glasses was very good at taking anything back like that.

When my ophthalmologist changed the way he writes prescriptions, I thought that I had got to change it myself back. When I ordered the glasses, they were just horrible. It turned out that I had not made the translation correctly. That was my mistake, but 39 Dollar Glasses took those back too and sent me the ones with the right prescriptions. They were terrific. But my wife won’t use them because they don’t sell fancy enough frames for them. 39 Dollar Glasses could add a luxury line of frames or a mid-luxury to expand their business.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Andrew! Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. Our worry free warranty can really come in handy when a customer makes a mistake with their prescription entry! We are so happy that you are satisfied with our service and ask that you thank your Doctor as well for his kind recommendations to other patients. We are always coming out with new frame styles and appreciate your wife's feedback. Please feel free to check out our new arrivals listed on the website every so often as we would really like to accommodate your wife's needs as well! We will always be here to assist you with any inquiry you may have and glad to know that we have such a loyal customer such as yourself :)

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I purchased a regular pair of glasses and a pair of sunglasses from 39 Dollar Glasses before and I was pleased with the products. However, I didn’t take the time to do all the measurements. So, this time, when I got a pair of progressives, I did and got exactly what I wanted. Utilizing the measurements that were in the product information was helpful. Everything was good when navigating the website and it took two weeks to arrive. It was understandable around the holidays but the first order took less time. The cost was excellent especially once I found the promo code which was 20% off. I always welcome those and I have recommended 39 Dollar Glasses a little bit in my Facebook page.

39dollarglasses.com response

Thank you, Robert! We are glad that you found our website to be user friendly and that you were able to utilize our sizing features provided in order to find a great fitting pair of glasses.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

A family member had alluded to a website that had cheaper glasses and I searched for some. I like 39 Dollar Glasses' price as well as the ease of purchase and variety. Whenever I order, I find no problem in doing it and I can barely remember, which is a good thing. The shipping time was prompter than expected. The glasses are doing good and they lasted quite some time.

39dollarglasses.com response

Thank you for your kind words, Patrick!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I heard about 39 Dollar Glasses 10 years ago from my daughter and I have always had good luck with their products so I stayed. Also, I have tried one of the others and their product was inferior. 39 Dollar Glasses have many styles to choose from and the prices are way below than other places. I got progressive lenses with frame and sunglasses from them. I also got full metal rims and men’s glasses, and they met anything I’ve ever gotten at LensCrafters or Walmart. When I had a problem with my eyes and they changed, 39 Dollar Glasses still let me send the glasses back even if I was over the 30-day limit by a day. They made a new pair. I’ve told all my family and friends about them over the years.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Frederick! We are glad to hear that you are happy with our eyeglasses and our Customer Service. We pride ourselves on offering the same quality prescription eyeglasses you would purchase locally at a much cheaper price and are so pleased that you are now able to take advantage of this :)

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I liked 39 Dollar Glasses' prices. When someone told me that they buy their son's glasses from them, I said that my daughter has been wearing glasses since second grade, so I ordered a pair which actually lasted longer than the ones I got from Sterling Optical and paid for over $100. I use 39 Dollar Glasses all the time and the ordering process is great. You go online, look at all the different frames and pick them out. I normally get the single vision and it has always been the correct prescription. The delivery is always on time, too.

There was one time though when my daughter didn’t like the glasses. But with 39 Dollar Glasses, you could replace your purchase and get something else with no questions asked. Also, it was great dealing with their customer service team when we returned the glasses. At one point, I called them because I had a question and they were very responsive. They answered the phone. But, there was one thing that I noticed 39 Dollar Glasses didn't have anymore. I order my mother’s glasses through them now, too, as she used to spend $200 and that's crazy. When I ordered hers online, I didn't see the feature where you could upload a picture of yourself and then kind of put the glasses on to get an idea of what it would look like. Other than that, we've been happy with 39 Dollar Glasses. We've had their products for over ten years now.

39dollarglasses.com response

We appreciate your kind words, Diane! It is our mission to provide quality eyeglasses at an affordable price and we are happy to continue fulfilling your needs for many years to come :)

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I found 39 Dollar Glasses online when I did a web search for discount glasses, and they had the glasses I was looking for. Their glasses seem to hold up reasonably well. I had one episode where I got a bad pair of glasses. But otherwise, quality’s been good. I had to change the glasses but I like it and it's better than the previous ones. I'm pleased with my experience and I'm happy with their price.

39dollarglasses.com response

We are glad everyone worked out well for you :) If you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact our helpful customer support team and we can assist you with anything you may need.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I needed a new pair of glasses and just the frames were gonna be over $100. I saw 39 Dollar Glasses and they were all framed glasses with the lenses for $39. I was shocked and ordered from them. If you know how to order on the internet, ordering from them is easy. I typed in “red frame glasses” and they showed me all the red ones. I picked out the one that was $39 and ordered it. I also ordered a black one the first time. Once I clicked the checkout, there popped up an offer for 50% off if I ordered another pair. I thought might as well. I've ordered four times from them and I’m pleased with the quality of the glasses. Plus, the prescription is right. When I went to my eye doctor, they checked my glasses and made sure it was what it was supposed to be, and it was. 39 Dollar Glasses is a great site.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Ronald! It is our goal to provide customers with quality eyeglasses at a much cheaper price and we are happy that you found us and are able to take advantage of our incredibly low prices! :)

39DollarGlasses.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded by eye doctors, 39DollarGlasses.com offers the same high quality prescription glasses found in brick-and-mortar stores at a fraction of the price.

• Deep discounts: With glasses available for as little at $39, this online retailer has some of the least expensive pairs around.

• Free returns: If glasses are not as advertised or are damaged during shipping, buyers can send them back at no cost.

• Free shipping options: With a qualifying order, standard shipping is free, with several expedited options available for a small fee.

• Worry free warranty: 39DollarGlasses.com offers 120 days from delivery to return glasses for a 50 percent refund or exchange credit.

• Toddler glasses: Not only do they sell a wide variety of adult frames and lenses, they also have glasses designed just for toddlers.

• Best for: Kids, Teens and Contacts wearers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Hauppauge
NY
www.39dollarglasses.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.