Call toll free
4.65/5
Based on 109 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

39DollarGlasses.com is the top online optical store for all your prescription eyewear and contact lens needs. Our friendly customer service team is happy to help answer any questions you may have. With quality products, fast shipping, and a knowledgeable staff, 39DollarGlasses is the best place to get a custom crafted pair of prescription glasses or contact lenses at the lowest prices around.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

324 39dollarglasses.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

A few years ago, I was looking for a cheap pair of glasses and I came across 39DollarGlasses.com through an online research. They had a pretty well put together website, decent reviews, and I was able to find what I was looking for quickly. The prices of their products were comparable to other companies as well. Their ordering process was pretty straightforward and I liked being able to upload my prescription. Everything made sense though I felt like getting to my order status through the email was a bit clunky. Otherwise, it was good.

I ordered a pair of sunglasses and a pair of prescription glasses from them. The sunglasses are the Academy sunglasses and in the lenses, there were some gaps around where the lens meets the frames. Nothing significant, but I noticed it doesn’t look aesthetically as pleasing as you might like. I also had a more recent problem with my current glasses. When I first ordered, it arrived in a really crumpled and damaged FedEx envelope but the glasses didn’t look like they were twisted or broken. However, they had little metal ornamental pieces in the front, almost like sideways diamonds on the top corners, and those were both missing. They had fallen out and I found them in the packaging. I was able to put them back in, but because they weren’t properly glued and placed in, they fell out. On top of that, I ordered a colored cool lighted whiskey tortoise or shiny tortoise, and the acetate on it was pretty much all black.

When I called about these, they said that they would happily send me another pair. And when they did, the little temple pieces were fixed. But, again, the pair was pretty much all black. I was told that they were going to pull that off their website and inspect the process of why that was happening and that if I called back in about a month, they would be happy to replace the frames with the proper coloring. I went with the fair colored lenses the second time around and I’m happy with that. I also like the anti-glare coating.

If I would recommend 39 Dollar Glasses to a friend or family and the packaging showed up damaged, I would feel stupid for having recommended it. So, I would prefer the packaging to be improved. I was worried even with the replacement pair I got because it was slightly bent and the packaging came pretty busted up. I also ordered from Warby Parker not too long ago and they had a nice, sturdy, rectangular box and nothing was wrong with that.

Other than that, 30 Dollar Glasses' customer service was really good. I called and I was expecting to jump through hoops to explain what happened but the person that I talked to was very nice and happy to help me. And that was a very pleasant experience. It’s the only reason I’m still staying with them because they apologized candidly and offered to make it great.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I was looking for completely clear, translucent frames that fit the dimensions that I was looking for. And 39 Dollar Glasses was one of the very few that had a pair that seemed would work. It was my first time ordering glasses online, and 39 Dollar's process went fine. I ordered the Entourage. They narrowed too much at the bridge instead of being more squared, so they wore water blisters across the bridge of my nose. Then 39 Dollar Glasses was wonderful. I worked with a young man named David and he said, “Pick out several pairs you think might work. We will mail them to you, send you the return postage. You try ‘em on, figure out which pair you want. Return them back to us, let us know, and then we’ll make your glasses in which ever pair you pick. We’ll do your lenses.” And I’m waiting for that pair to be back.

David went above and beyond. He went ahead and sent me six pairs that him and I picked out together and paid the postage to return it, which he didn’t have to do. And I didn’t end up with my clear, translucent glasses, which was the whole purpose of doing online, so that really stinks, but 39 Dollar Glasses have worked with me and really tried to make me happy.

Original review: June 15, 2018

39 Dollar Glasses is one of the big eye wear companies. They offered discounts on the frames and they were local to me in Long Island so I felt very confident in giving them a try. Everything that I see on there like progressive and transition lenses are not cheap, but they're very competitively priced on the site and they're done right. The lenses are done the way they're supposed to be. The frames are fine. I can get better ones, but I pay much more for them. I had some problems when I first ordered with having to get the glasses adjusted for the focal point. Once 39 Dollar Glasses did that, everything is automatic and great. And the service department was very helpful. They're professional and they follow up. I've had to return stuff and I got them back already. I have recommended 39 Dollar Glasses.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I've been ordering from 39 Dollar Glasses for 10 years and usually it's two or three pairs at a time. I order the same two or three prescriptions but each time I order, it tags it as another prescription. If I want to get the same thing I got last time, I have to figure out which prescriptions I used. But the lenses are really good quality. We've had lenses pop up more than we've had frames breaking and I ordered so many of them because we're really hard on them. We go spray painting in Paris, so each time we try to clean 'em you have dots of spray paint on them. I keep going back to 39 Dollar Glasses and I recommend them to people.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was a little skeptical at first because they were cheaper than the first pair of glasses that I had ever bought which was around 400 bucks. But with my friend, it's only about the left side. I was like, "How big can this really be if he brought them in?" And he was like, "Look. These aren't super fancy but they're really sturdy and they hold up really well." So I ordered one pair of sunglasses then two pairs of clear glasses, one of them with plastic frames and the other one with metal frames and I've been really impressed. They seemed really good.

Ordering was pretty straightforward. You put your prescription in and then they made it so simple with me just trying to define which frames I wanted. There's a lot of them to go through. I just placed the order and I kept checking to see when the order got sent, and then they came. It took about a week and a half. I'd definitely recommend 39 Dollar Glasses. I shared the website on Facebook and I've been telling everybody at work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Original review: June 7, 2018

I contacted customer service to order replacement frames for my son's glasses, which broke out of warranty. Thomas ** responded extremely quickly, was very friendly and surprised me by sending new ones out free of charge. Three of us in this family wear glasses, and it's service like this that keeps us with 39dollarglasses. Thank you so much for your great products and even better customer service!

Original review: June 2, 2018

I was having a problem with my optometrist. I would go in and she would prescribe some glasses for me and I was seeing double and having all kinds of problems. And so, I had another optometrist who I depended on and trusted, but I couldn't reach her by phone for some reason. My daughter used to work with the optometrist that I was having problems with. So, we kept trying and ordering more glasses and they were $300 or $400 a pair.

I finally linked up with this first optometrist that I trusted and she gave me a prescription. And I said, "Well, I'm just gonna order online, use just that prescription and just see if that prescription is good." And I got my glasses in five days because they weren't anything fancy. They were just plain jane, advertised $39. It was $43 including tax and/or shipping. And so, I thought, "Wow! What a great company" and they worked perfectly. So then, I took that prescription back to the optometrist I was having trouble with, had them reorder it, but they still screwed it up. I ended up with two and three pairs in some places and no pair of glasses from other places. And so, I said, "Well, I think I'll just order some simple bifocals from 39DollarGlasses.com." I went back to my trusted optometrist and got the prescription. It took a little longer this time because it was bifocals, but they came and they're doing very well. I'm getting used to wearing bifocals again.

But somehow my ordering process online got interrupted so I came back and I didn't see anything. I then went through the process again. Then when I put in the order, I didn't pay any attention to the amount and I ended up ordering two pairs of glasses. I emailed the customer service and I said, "I accidentally ordered two pairs. I just need one pair." They answered my question within 24 hours and refunded the extra money to my credit card. So, not only they're a great company, but their customer service is fantastic.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I searched for cheap sunglasses and then I found out 39 Dollar Glasses sell prescription glasses too. They also have access to high-index lens. But they are missing mirror finish on the sunglasses as well as 1.96 or 1.84 high index on sunglasses. I've already ordered about five times and it's an easy process. I got sunglasses for myself and 3 normal prescription glasses for my mom. The glasses were shipped and delivered within the expected timeframe. I've had the glasses for 2 months or so now and I like its polarized characteristic. 39 Dollar Glasses is great.

Original review: May 31, 2018

The value of the glasses is exceptional and there are many selections. I wear progressive lens, just as I ordered In eyeglass store would be 400$ at 39$ was 200$, quality good anti scratch resistance.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I was looking for cheap glasses online then I ran across 39DollarGlasses.com. I’ve ordered from them multiple times since then and I always had good experiences. Ordering was pretty easy all around. I had my eye exam done, so I had my prescription which I entered in their website. Then I went through their process and selected the frames I wanted. Among my purchases, I wear the Moscow the most often. I also have a pair of rose-tinted Aviators that I wear while I drive a lot.

The last time I ordered with them, I accidentally entered an incorrect prescription. Luckily, after the email I got, I realized that I entered the wrong one. So I called them and the lady who helped me was very kind, very helpful, answered all of my questions, and was able to fix my problem before my glasses were shipped to me. I plan to keep ordering through their website and I tell all my friends who comment on my glasses where I got them. They said the glasses can't be that good if they were that cheap but I always tell them that I've loved every pair I've gotten from this company. So, hopefully they'd be ordering from 39 Dollar Glasses, too.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I used to get my glasses at Walmart and they would be $325. Then I thought of trying out 39dollarglasses.com and their online ordering process was easy. So far, I got at least eight pairs of glasses from them. My stepson also bought five pairs and my daughter in New Jersey buys from them. I got my mother in New Jersey buying from them, too.

We love all their glasses. They are always good and I very rarely have a problem. So far, I had two pairs sent back to them in the last eight years that I've been buying from them. But I've never had a real big issue and they fix everything if there was a problem. And no matter who I talk to, everybody was polite and very professional. They send me the code right away and make me send everything back.

Onetime, I got a little mark on the lens which was in my eye view and they said it was the progressive line. I sent the glasses back and they did something with it, but it was there again when I got the them back. This last pair I got with the clear frame had a little problem, too. So I sent it back and they fixed it. This is the best pair of glasses I’ve ever had on my face in 40 years. They’re so comfortable and looks like I don’t even have glasses on. I always put on Facebook about what a good job 39dollarglasses.com has done for me. I also looked into Danny.com and they have nothing like 39dollarglasses.com.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I found 39dollarglasses.com online and their site was very workable. It was about two and a half years ago when I first made a purchase and they provided excellent service. I spoke to Tiffany, a customer service rep, who did an outstanding job. I like tortoise shell eyeglasses so that’s what I buy but the best feature is the price. 39dollarglasses.com is a good place to buy a quality pair of inexpensive glasses and I’ve recommended them to my friends.

Original review: May 18, 2018

39 Dollar Glasses get the prescription correct and the price is right but they're still quality glasses. If you go through an optometrist, the price is probably double. But we’ve been having a major problem with the internet and I can’t seem to order online. I’ll put all the information in and then an error message comes up. I switched over to Google Chrome but it still doesn’t work. I just ordered recently and I had to call them. The customer service representatives were nice though. The last one was Tiffany and we chatted about the winter weather they were having down there in Long Island.

Right now I’m blind as a bat, thanks to the dog for eating my glasses. So it would be nice if they could put the orders out or have an additional expense to get the order quicker. I did the two days but I guess they shipped by regular mail. Besides, they probably have hundreds of orders coming in everyday and mine is progressive which take a little while longer.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I was searching on the internet and I found a pair of frames that fit me at 39 Dollar Glasses. That is the difficult part about ordering glasses online, so I stuck with them. So far, I bought at least eight pairs of glasses from them and for my last order, I bought some for the computer, some for reading, and some prescription sunglasses. One time, the arm came off my glasses so, I contacted them and they sent me a new set of frames. I was pleased with their customer service.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I’ve had glasses since ’93 and I have always used 39DollarGlasses.com but I only wear glasses when I drive. Their customer service was very good at helping out with questions so the interactions were great. I bought a single vision pair of glasses but I also had transition sunglasses with no prescription done and they fit it with my old frames. I got an order from them last night and I don’t know if the prescription was wrong or my eyes just don’t work with that prescription. But their products are very inexpensive and I can throw them out when I’m done with them if I’m not using that prescription anymore. It’s easily the best price and service for that dollar amount and you don’t’ have to go into a store. I’m happy with ordering and delivery as well and I’m a very satisfied customer.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I’ve been using 39DollarGlasses.com for a couple of years now. They have more designs than other places and I like their price. I also like that I get my orders right in my mailbox. Plus, they have the trans lenses which was what my daughter really wanted. They were supposed to ship my daughter's glasses out which was a Woodmere black and blue. But her left eye was getting really bad so, I contacted them and they coated the glasses down on the spot. I really appreciated what they did and I did not mind waiting a couple more days to get her glasses. I was also so grateful they did it because if they didn't, I was gonna get the glasses and send them back then I had to wait longer. They also messed up in the lab but they rushed the job free of charge for it.

I love 39DollarGlasses.com and everyone that I talked to when I called them was so nice and polite. I also found out that they did contact lenses and I gotta get me some more in the next couple of months. My daughter also loves the glasses that she got from them. They are neat and when she goes outside, they're darker than regular sunglasses.

Original review: May 2, 2018

39DollarGlasses is on the internet but I’ve been using them for years and the last time was the best experience I had. I accepted my glasses, wore them the first day and I had the worst headache. I was dizzy, nauseous and I didn’t know what was wrong. I realized it was my glasses and I made a mistake on the information that I put in for the distance on the lenses. My husband told me to call them so I did and I told them that it was an error on my part. The person I spoke to told me not to worry about it. They had a policy that if I make an error and it’s the first time, they will redo the glasses at no expense to me. I told them that I submitted two frames to be done and the second one also has the wrong information. I asked them to put a stop on it and put the correct information. She told me they would fix that as well. I got the glasses last week and they were wonderful.

I would have been stuck with two pairs that I couldn’t use and out of pocket $500 but it turned out to be a happy ending. I had transition and Varilux lenses which was more expensive if I got it from my doctor so it saved me a lot of money. But I've gone to another website for frames and all the websites have a lot more current and up-to-date looking frames than I see in 39DollarGlasses.com. I also heard from other people that they’re not usually pleased with the selection of the women’s frames unless you get the wired one since they are basic so the selections could be better.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I love my glasses. I got them yesterday. I love transitions lenses. I would have to pay an arm and a leg at other places. I had to tighten the screw on the glasses because they tried to slide. But they fit great. And look great. I will be buying from you all again.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I tried 39 Dollar Glasses years ago and have bought glasses from them ever since. I brag them up everywhere. I thought the last pair I bought looked goofy but everyone is complimenting me on it. And if people compliment me, I like it so they must be my favorite pair now. I’ve also been using their titanium flexi-framed glasses for my bifocals and I’ve had nothing but praise for them. It's a heck of a product. But I wish that when the glasses come to me, they wouldn't require that I take them to an optician to get them to fit. Sometimes they’re twisty. They really look like a large person sits on them before they ship them.

My eye doctor actually sells glasses and they don’t really care for me to bring back a pair from 39 Dollar Glasses to fit to me. The lady who does the fitting for me is the consummate professional. She would tell you with a beaming face that she loves her job. But it would be less embarrassing if I could just wear the glasses. The good news is 39 Dollar Glasses ships the little screwdriver things with the kit. I've bought six pairs of cheap glasses to wear for reading and computer purposes so I got five, interestingly, of those little kits in there. The last time I went back to my optician, I took four of those little kits with me as bribery and she was so happy. She loved the kit. So basically, I could trade the kit for fitting.

Zenni has also changed the website a bit and when they did, they lost all of my old data. I think they really treat you better when they see that you’re a veteran. But the gals from customer service couldn't find it and it was like I was a brand-new customer. Then I had seen a special that offered a 15% discount on my next purchase but I didn’t click that ad. I came straight to 39 Dollar Glasses and put in my measurements. Of course, I didn’t get the discount and I canceled it. I wasn’t aware what I did wrong to get the 15% and at some point I gave up on wrestling with it all. I figured I could always call them.

I got one of their reps and Tiffany not only helped me wrangle the discount thing, but she also did an adjustment on the order so I didn’t have to. She found my old records and has been my go-to person ever since. She’s everything you would want in customer service. But the people who give the worst customer service typically get the raise. The reason is that they take more calls because they’re giving crappy service. I would feel badly for the good people. Tiffany is probably one of their lower rate people because she actually sticks in the crap the others did. I actually looked up Zenni for the first time between the first two people I talked to and her. But I didn’t order glasses from them because she called me first and she fixed the experience.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Ordering at 39 Dollar Glasses is super easy and anytime I do my order, I just ask them to give me the same glasses they gave me last time. It was the first one on the list and it worked. I'm also satisfied with the quality. They hold up just as well as the $300 pair. I ordered online the first time but now I just call them and ask them to do it for me. Shipping has been perfect as well. I recommend 39 Dollar Glasses to people all the time.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I was looking online and I came across 39DollarGlasses.com. I liked their name and so far, I have ordered twice from them. Their online purchase process was very easy and the first few pairs I got were shipped really fast. My second order has not arrived yet but I only ordered it about a week ago, so I'd give it a couple more days before I check on it.

I also had a few phone calls with their customer service which were really nice. I called them last week and told them that one of the handles of one of the glasses I got from them locked. I bought them last November and only wore them twice. Everything was cheap and it just came apart. I didn't really have time to explain or go back to everything and I needed a new pair of sunglasses so their rep said that they'd repair it for a year. She sent me a printable invoice to have the glasses sent back and have it replaced. Now I have another to wear again. Other than that, 39 Dollar Glasses is great and I have no problems with them.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I am very happy with the level of service provided by your company. My contact points have all been pleasant and helpful and I am very happy with you all working with me to correct an erroneous prescription that was the fault of others. I will 100% be recommending you to anyone I know with glasses.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I've placed three orders total with 39 Dollar Glasses, and my first round was just for the price. At $40, I wouldn't be out a lot of money if they turned out to be lousy. And then, I came back for a second purchase about a year later, and then two years after, I bought prescription sunglasses and a pair of glasses at the same time. So, I've got four products total out of three orders and everything's been very quick. The first two times I ordered with them, they had a function through their website where you upload a photo, place the frame and post it on your face. That was good in terms of figuring out which glasses would work best. This last time, they didn't have that service running, so I contacted them and they were really nice about it. They said that function was being rebuilt. So, it was more difficult this last time because I was ordering the glasses blind. But they do have a way you can print a true-to-size PDF of the frame, and I did that for all of my orders.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I tried out 39 Dollar Glasses and I like it. I needed glasses and I have to choose somebody who can make me as fast as possible and at an exceptional price. I stayed with 39 Dollar Glasses and their ordering process is easy. I made a little mistake in the beginning with the order, but it actually was my fault because I should have read more carefully all the information before I placed an order. I had to return the first order I had to have a different frame since the frame size didn't work out for me. They said I'm going to get that soon. Then the second one I ordered came and I'm happy to wear it. Everything was fine.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I highly recommend 39 Dollar Glasses as a superb Company with excellent glasses, first rate Customer Service (David and Tiffany are the BEST!!) and terrific follow up with technical assistance you can trust! Problem prescriptions are no problem for this Company and I can certainly attest to that by my purchases over the past 10 years plus!

Original review: March 29, 2018

My brother’s wife had bought something from 39dollarglasses.com and she gave me the website. I liked the price. I broke my glasses and I was looking at a minimum of $350 and $129 sounded a whole lot better. I tried to order online, but I didn’t really understand it. I had my prescription, but I didn’t know what the numbers and the abbreviations meant, so I got the phone number from the website and called and they walked me through the steps. I was only on hold for four minutes. And the representative was very helpful. There was only one thing on my prescription that I didn’t understand and they wrote it a different way than the way what she was asking me for. But it was the only number that was left, so we figured that had to have been it. And the glasses worked.

I've already recommended 39dollarglasses.com to other people. I'm not really thrilled about having plastic frames, but for the price, I can't really complain. The ones that I had were metal and being in construction, I take my new ones off and I put them in the case and stick them in my pocket all the time because I'm terrified that they're going to break. They should have more longevity.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I ordered my glasses 3 weeks ago. They advertise their glasses to ship out 2-7 business days. Well, 2 weeks later, I heard no update. I called up the company to inquire about the status of my order. They then informed me that my glasses failed their final inspection and that they were remaking them again. Told me that they would expedite the process. A week later, still no update. I called up again with my complaint. The agent was rude. "Well, tough luck. You just need to wait." was their basic response. I asked if they would do something like give a discount or something to make me happy. I was responded with the same rude voice "Well, maybe. For your next order" (as if I will ever use this company again because of this horrible customer service?).

I asked to speak to the supervisor. The agent responded "Ok, but you will need to wait till the end of the day when he has the time to call you." At that point, I was speechless. 4 days later, the status of my order was still pending, NO UPDATE! I called up again reluctantly, very frustrated, the agent told me their computer system was down and asked if I could call up later or tomorrow. I asked to talk to the supervisor. Then she hang up on me.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Mihoko

We apologize for the experience you have had with our service team. Please understand that we take great pride in offering friendly, helpful customer service and would never want any of our customers to feel unwelcome when they reach out to us with their questions or concerns.

We sincerely apologize for the delay of your order and we're sorry to hear about your experience with our customer service representative. We will continue to monitor and review the situation accordingly and you will be contacted by our Customer Service Manager today.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you have any further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.,

Original review: March 26, 2018

I googled cheap glasses online and came across a couple of other ones but they weren’t actually that cheap. They were rather expensive and their selection was a little different from 39 Dollar Glasses. I needed a pair of glasses quickly so I went to 39 Dollar Glasses and their website seemed to be very easy. I didn’t have to completely sign into it or download a whole bunch of information. They weren’t trying to push you to put a picture of yourself on there so you could see your glasses. It was an option that was there but they didn’t push it. That was why I stuck with them.

Their website is user-friendly, very easy and really simple to maneuver through. As long as you have the correct information from your eye doctor and you copy it directly onto there, it’s pretty good. But at one point, their shipping took a little longer than I anticipated. My prescription is a little more complicated and the glasses style that I ordered wasn’t fit for that. It took them a little extra time to get somebody in there to do it the right way. That was exactly what they explained to me and I accepted that and they still got me the glasses that I wanted. As a matter of fact, because it took that long, they shipped them express for free. The glasses were perfectly done too.

That was the only thing I had a little problem with. Otherwise, they were very smooth and easy. On top of that, they have a wide selection at incredibly cheap prices. That was really surprising. The last time I bought a pair of reading glasses and a pair of sunglasses, the bill was less than $100. So far, we've bought six pairs of glasses in total from there now. We also ordered some driving glasses for my daughter recently. I love this company and I have recommended them several times.

Insufficient response received
Original review: March 25, 2018

I'm always in the market for glasses with no nose pads and the longest arms possible (greater than 140mm if possible). No nose pads usually means plastic frames. This leaves me two selections in about two or three different colors each on 39dollarglasses.com. I live overseas most the year, so returning something that malfunctions is usually not an option for me. The first pair of glasses was one of their "Clark" plastic frames that the plastic felt so brittle, I was scared to open or close them or do anything other than lightly set them on my face and never use them anywhere except at my desk. The prescription was excellent though. Sure enough, in less than a year, both arms broke off with the minimalist of pressure. The hinge mounts broke right out of the plastic.

I ended up drilling a hole where the hinge mounts ripped out and using zip ties for hinges. I think these will still work in a pinch. The second pair was the "Stuyvesant" plastic frames. These were similar price but much better quality. Once again, perfect prescription. However, the hinges came super tight to where you were afraid to open and close them AND they came bent so bad that when you set them on the desk one arm was literally about an inch off the desk. When you put them on your face, it looked like you'd been punched in the face and your glasses were all cockeyed. However, I fixed them as best I could and still use them to this day as a backup pair.

Since all their plastic frame selections were like something Buddy Holly would wear and not very good quality. I decided to use their re-lensing service from here on out and just buy frames elsewhere or use my older frames... The first pair I re-lensed was a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses. Excellent prescription once again. The only negative thing I have to say about them is that the frames were curved and so the lens they found to put in them pops out somewhat easy when you're cleaning them, but overall I'm happy with it. I'm using them now. However, it feels like I've cleaned them so much the prescription has started to change or something. They aren't scratched. The Stuyvesants don't have this issue and just seem more clear at this point.

Last but not least, I sent them a pair of Oakley Servo XLs (larger version of Oakley Servo, but much harder to find) and all was well. However, when I got them back, my prescription had slightly changed and it was way off. I could kind of see, but was like I was looking through a coke bottle bottom. I could really only see what was about three feet in front of me and nothing else... And it felt like the earth was spinning when I turned my head. So, they graciously RMAed them for me with a return label and everything. However, after four weeks my glasses are still MIA. So, I emailed support and ask where they are. I was told they will be QAed next week and in the mail. No problem. When the end of "next week" rolls around, I was told, "Unfortunately your frame has broken during production and was discarded in error." What? I thought they were in QA?

They refunded my order, but I am out the $100+ for the Oakleys. Somewhere in that conversation is a lie or more on their part. I was offered one of their frames for free. However, I feel their frames are mostly worthless in my size... and in general. Customer support sent half-baked replies too. That might have been the issue with the Oakleys. However, I sent my prescription along with the order so they would hopefully give me what I need in case I chose the wrong thing. So much for that idea. In the future, I will just harass them until I know exactly what I need to choose during the checkout process. I can't say I will rule them out completely in the future, but I'm going to shop around first rather than going straight to them. I'm somewhere between two and three stars, dissatisfied and satisfied.

Original review: March 25, 2018

My first order was a few years ago and since then, I've ordered half a dozen pairs of glasses and sunglasses through 39dollarglasses.com. I've recommended them a couple of times too. Their products are really affordable and of good quality. I’m in a Coast Guard and they get a lot of wear and tear. I had the old ones for a year at least and that was pretty good. The website is easy to navigate too, and the customer service has been really good. Anytime I’ve had issues, I just call and somebody usually answers and helps me out.

39DollarGlasses.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded by eye doctors, 39DollarGlasses.com offers the same high quality prescription glasses found in brick-and-mortar stores at a fraction of the price.

• Deep discounts: With glasses available for as little at $39, this online retailer has some of the least expensive pairs around.

• Free returns: If glasses are not as advertised or are damaged during shipping, buyers can send them back at no cost.

• Free shipping options: With a qualifying order, standard shipping is free, with several expedited options available for a small fee.

• Worry free warranty: 39DollarGlasses.com offers 120 days from delivery to return glasses for a 50 percent refund or exchange credit.

• Toddler glasses: Not only do they sell a wide variety of adult frames and lenses, they also have glasses designed just for toddlers.

• Best for: Kids, Teens and Contacts wearers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs