Call toll free
3.57/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

39DollarGlasses.com is the top online optical store for all your prescription eyewear and contact lens needs. Our friendly customer service team is happy to help answer any questions you may have. With quality products, fast shipping, and a knowledgeable staff, 39DollarGlasses is the best place to get a custom crafted pair of prescription glasses or contact lenses at the lowest prices around.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

39dollarglasses.com Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

To Whom It May Concern/Supervisor of Tiffany **,

There is one employee identifiable to me, whom is solely responsible for having made up for a what was a horrible experience for me, not so much because I had to wait for so long for my glasses, but because of the service I received while I waited. Because of 1 employee, instead of my struggling to decide if I would rate my experience "zero or one star", I am able to say that this experience was turned around, that I am happy with the experience. The reason I am happy with my experience, is because Tiffany ** apologized for every shortcoming, lack of professionalism, and inappropriate, rude comment made by the representatives prior to her involvement, as well as those who undid her good work to make things right.

If you review the trail of calls and written communications (email), you should be able to decipher each detail for yourself. In essence, all the way down to the last good faith effort Tiffany made, upgrading my shipping so that I could receive the re-order a couple of days sooner, since it was running behind your projected timeline, there seemed to be an endless supply of employees who clearly were not paying attention to details, in this last detail, failing to read her instructions to upgrade the shipping.

I have to apologize for taking so long to complete this review, which is unfortunately, loaded with negative commentary where it concerns customer service and attention to details, with exception to, namely, Tiffany **. I hope that you realize the extreme value added to your company, to the customers experience, by having Tiffany ** as an employee. She truly is responsible for restoring my faith in your company. Every representative who only made my experience progressively worse, could learn much from her, as to how to handle problems with orders, not only in their resolution, but in mitigating any additional undesired experiences. It has taken me over a month to come back to your website, in order to select my complimentary order, thanks also, to Tiffany ** I will be looking through your frames and placing my order within the next few hours, crossing my fingers that she may have a part in processing this order.

Respectfully,

Anne

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Anne, Your feedback is much appreciated and we are glad that Tiffany was able to accommodate your needs appropriately. She is an asset to our team and glad to have her here with us :)

Get expert buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I ordered 2 pairs of prescription sunglasses on 5/30/19 and received them today, 6/15/19. I was disappointed at first because after one week, it still only said my order was processing on the "tracking" part of the website. I tried calling the company and was on hold for 10 minutes so I hung up and emailed them instead. They responded back within the next day and told me it was still processing and that it would be shipped out shortly. I decided to give it another week because I'm basically blind and I figured my prescription was probably a bit more difficult to make, especially for two pairs of sunglasses.

So I waited exactly one more week and emailed them back after checking the website again, where it still said my order was processing. This time, they got back to me in the same day, and told me that they shipped my order out! It shipped on a Thursday and I got them only TWO days later on Saturday!!!! I was so shocked that I got them THAT QUICK, but that also could be because they are based in New Jersey (I think), and I'm only in Pennsylvania, so not too far at all!

As for the glasses themselves, I was scared because I read reviews after I already purchased them about people not being able to see out of theirs, or the prescription being wrong, but I think that's mostly due to user error...my doctor wrote my prescription on a blank piece of paper and I was still able to figure it out based on the instructions that the website gave! I wore the glasses outside today and have absolutely no complaints!!

The frames are very thin, and my lenses are extremely thick, so it sticks out a little but it doesn't feel cheaply made or like the lenses are gonna pop out or anything. I'm used to my lenses sticking out because I have a MUCH higher prescription than lots of other people, but beware of that if that's something that will bother you. So, all in all I give it a 10/10!!! This is the first time I've EVER had prescription sunglasses and I'm so glad that I chose this company. They really did an amazing job!!

Original review: March 28, 2019

Both my wife and I have been 39 Dollar Glasses customers for six years. We were with Four Eyes before and 39 Dollar Glasses is half the price. The only difficult thing about the ordering process is getting someone else to take the distance between the middle of your pupil and the outside of the frame because whoever you bought glasses from before won't disclose what that is for you to be able to order online. The website has a paper ruler though.

I'm 60 and used to use wire frame glasses. Now, we buy schoolboy style glasses with black plastic frames. Their quality is fine. They're identical to what we have from Four Eyes. Once, I took a shot at Glasses For You and the glasses weren’t anywhere near the same quality. They were incredibly cheap and poorly made. 39 Dollar Glasses gets the right balance of quality and price. I don’t see any competitor to them out there. Plus, they have an offer that if you don’t like your glasses for any reason, send them back and they’ll credit the account. One time, when the glasses came in and I didn’t like them, that was what happened and I had no problem, whatsoever. Overall, we're happy with 39 Dollar Glasses. We've used them in the past and we'll use them in the future.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

The first time I used 39 Dollar Glasses was on April 2007. I’ve been happy with them, because even with my prescription staying the same, I’ve ordered 20 pairs of glasses from them. I tried some places in the mid-2000s before I went and stayed with 39 Dollar Glasses, but the prescription that the the other places got was not particularly accurate. I brought it in to my ophthalmologist and sometimes, he would just smirk but other times, he would laugh. But 39 Dollar Glasses is pretty accurate, and my ophthalmologist recommends them for his patients that need regular glasses.

39 Dollar Glasses has decent wire frames with springs in the temples and they also have good-looking plastic frames. In the couple of times when they sent the wrong item, they just took it right back and replaced it. They replace things faster than I could find time to go to the optician. I’ve had to exchange a couple of prescriptions. The lenses didn’t quite fit into the frame. But when you force the lenses, the frame had a little bit of hairline cracks in the side. 39 Dollar Glasses was very good at taking anything back like that.

When my ophthalmologist changed the way he writes prescriptions, I thought that I had got to change it myself back. When I ordered the glasses, they were just horrible. It turned out that I had not made the translation correctly. That was my mistake, but 39 Dollar Glasses took those back too and sent me the ones with the right prescriptions. They were terrific. But my wife won’t use them because they don’t sell fancy enough frames for them. 39 Dollar Glasses could add a luxury line of frames or a mid-luxury to expand their business.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Andrew! Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. Our worry free warranty can really come in handy when a customer makes a mistake with their prescription entry! We are so happy that you are satisfied with our service and ask that you thank your Doctor as well for his kind recommendations to other patients. We are always coming out with new frame styles and appreciate your wife's feedback. Please feel free to check out our new arrivals listed on the website every so often as we would really like to accommodate your wife's needs as well! We will always be here to assist you with any inquiry you may have and glad to know that we have such a loyal customer such as yourself :)

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I liked 39 Dollar Glasses' prices. When someone told me that they buy their son's glasses from them, I said that my daughter has been wearing glasses since second grade, so I ordered a pair which actually lasted longer than the ones I got from Sterling Optical and paid for over $100. I use 39 Dollar Glasses all the time and the ordering process is great. You go online, look at all the different frames and pick them out. I normally get the single vision and it has always been the correct prescription. The delivery is always on time, too.

There was one time though when my daughter didn’t like the glasses. But with 39 Dollar Glasses, you could replace your purchase and get something else with no questions asked. Also, it was great dealing with their customer service team when we returned the glasses. At one point, I called them because I had a question and they were very responsive. They answered the phone. But, there was one thing that I noticed 39 Dollar Glasses didn't have anymore. I order my mother’s glasses through them now, too, as she used to spend $200 and that's crazy. When I ordered hers online, I didn't see the feature where you could upload a picture of yourself and then kind of put the glasses on to get an idea of what it would look like. Other than that, we've been happy with 39 Dollar Glasses. We've had their products for over ten years now.

39dollarglasses.com response

We appreciate your kind words, Diane! It is our mission to provide quality eyeglasses at an affordable price and we are happy to continue fulfilling your needs for many years to come :)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I had a couple of issues with the original frames/glasses which were remedied professionally, immediately, and with much satisfaction. Replacement pair of sunglasses were recently received PERFECT! All kidding aside. Spot on PERFECT! Would do business with you again in the future. Thank you very much, Mike

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Michael! We are so glad to hear that you are satisfied with both our service and product :) It is our mission to provide the same great quality products you would find locally, at a much cheaper price. We look forward to helping you with all of your eyewear needs for many years to come!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Unexpectedly, my old glasses broke, so I needed a pair quick. I chose 'FedEx Next Day Shipping' as I was leaving the area I needed the glasses shipped to. Little did they say anywhere on their website, it is next day business day shipping even though FedEx delivers on Saturday. Needless to say, I contacted customer support to see if they could refund some of my shipping because it wasn't as stated online. I basically got a "sucks to suck" email response. I replied to the email, with photographic evidence stating and showing that nowhere on their ordering page does it specifically state 'next business day'. I ended the email stating that I was still a dissatisfied customer and if they wanted to run a business that people wanted to use, then something should be done to help with my satisfaction. My guess, is that nothing will be done about this.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I’ve been with you folks for a number of years and you’ve always given the greatest support. There was a mistake in the lenses once and you all went way out of your way to get it corrected. Pass in on????

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

39DollarGlasses is an outstanding provider of quality frames and lenses. My wife and I have been using their services since 2008 and have never been disappointed. Their online site is extremely user friendly, making it easy to order. The turn around time is excellent. Over the years as our vision has changed, we have ordered dozens of pairs of glasses and will continue to do so in the future. The personnel are knowledgeable and very helpful. Thank you 39 Dollar Glasses for saving us thousands of dollars over the years.

Sondra - New York City

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Sondra! Thank you for being such a loyal customer. Since the year 2000 when we first started selling eyewear, it has always been our mission to provide high quality eyeglasses to the public at an extremely discounted price. We are so glad that you have been able to purchase your glasses from us over the last 10 years; we are excited to know that you have saved that much money over the years and certainly look forward to having you back to purchase your eyewear for many years to come :)

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I have just ordered another pair of Glasses from $39. My first pair were "NAVIGATOR" Sunglasses with progressive lenses. I drive Uber/Lift with my phone just to the right of steering wheel. The tint on these sunglasses is perfect for driving & seeing the google driving app! The clarity is so good that I keep forgetting to take them off when I go indoors. These sunglasses are amazing. The vision is crystal clear & far superior to my $350 glasses.

I was so impressed that I just purchased another set of regular progressive glasses to replace my $350 glasses that were a waste of $$$. I strongly suggest that if you have any questions what so ever to call them. Their staff is awesome with the best customer service you will ever fine!!!! The adage that you get what you pay for DOES NOT APPLY to this company. Their warranty, product is flawless and pricing is best in the industry. Enjoy & I hope this review will help you save $$$. Tell your friends don't keep them a secret.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Shilo! Thank you for being a great customer and thank you for your kind words and praises. We love to hear that a customer of ours is satisfied with the glasses and recommends others to take advantage of our high quality products which are offered at affordable prices :) We look toward to providing you with your glasses for many years to come!

39DollarGlasses.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded by eye doctors, 39DollarGlasses.com offers the same high quality prescription glasses found in brick-and-mortar stores at a fraction of the price.

• Deep discounts: With glasses available for as little at $39, this online retailer has some of the least expensive pairs around.

• Free returns: If glasses are not as advertised or are damaged during shipping, buyers can send them back at no cost.

• Free shipping options: With a qualifying order, standard shipping is free, with several expedited options available for a small fee.

• Worry free warranty: 39DollarGlasses.com offers 120 days from delivery to return glasses for a 50 percent refund or exchange credit.

• Toddler glasses: Not only do they sell a wide variety of adult frames and lenses, they also have glasses designed just for toddlers.

• Best for: Kids, Teens and Contacts wearers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs