toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I love these glasses - the look the fit, the vision. These are so much better than the glasses I paid big bucks for. They are lighter, they fit my face better. I get compliments on them. They are so much lighter than the pair I had before. I will not pay full price again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Ordering from 39DollarGlasses.com was fairly easy. I have already ordered from them at least a dozen times. I buy glasses from them. I’ve also tried buying sunglasses but it seemed that the prescription needs to be different for sunglasses and I didn’t realize that. So I just ate the 60 bucks that it cost instead of sending them back. I’ve also had trouble knowing exactly how well they’re going to fit or how heavy the pair of glasses is, which are things that you don’t get when you check them on the store and try them on. I’ve done the cheapest and most expensive glasses and liked the quality of the most expensive options best. I'd recommend 39DollarGlasses.com.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had been buying glasses locally and expensively. Then my sister-in-law told us about 39DollarGlasses.com and when we saw their prices, we went for it. I've bought about eight pairs and my husband has eight glasses too, in different sizes. Ordering is a fairly easy and they're also delivered quickly within five to seven days. On top of that, when we reorder, a lot of times they’re $10 less than we thought so they must be giving us some credits from how many we order and that's pretty special. We don't have to search around for a coupon and it's right there when we order.

The service has been awesome too. For the last two glasses I ordered, the prescription came back all wrong. They had put a negative instead of a plus and I was able to send them back for free. They fixed it right away and I got a replacement. Even with my husband, the glass came off the frame on his progressive lenses. That's his really expensive pair and he absolutely loves them. And customer service was able to talk him through ordering a new frame and he was able to put it back together.

The products have been pretty awesome as well. Anything that has gone wrong with mine has just been due to abuse as far as not keeping them in their case. I also fall asleep with my glasses because they’re prescription reading and I roll over on them, but I've never had a pair break ever. We've been ordering from them for at least five years now and the experience always has been easy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with 39 Dollar Glasses since I don't wear my glasses except for to drive at night, so it seems senseless to pay $500 for a pair of glasses. My husband also has transition ones from them and he has three other pairs. I really like the quality so far. It's been a wonderful experience overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with 39 Dollar Glasses turned out good. I ordered two pairs of progressive and bifocal glasses online and doing so was easy. However, I goofed up the first order. They looked good up in the showroom but weren't so good at home with the computer and TV. Then one of the pairs fell and broke, and when the second ones came in, they were perfect. I could read again. When I sent in the doctor paperwork, 39 Dollar Glasses fixed what didn’t work the first time. I have two good pairs and I'm happy with both of them particularly their looks. They fit my face pretty well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I do a lot of research and any time you go on the internet, you take a chance. I took a chance with 39 Dollar Glasses and I was actually quite pleased. The service was really, really good. It was very professionally put up too. I got reading glasses for my mother because she can’t go to the store and get the regular prescription because one eye is different from the other. That was the only reason why we didn’t just go to the pharmacy.

I like the frames at 39 Dollar Glasses. However, a year and a half on, her glasses were all scratched up. I guess when you wear them all the time, that's the wear and tear. She told me she couldn't wear them anymore so I ordered her another two pairs. This second time, I couldn't find my email so I called to order and it was fabulous. I liked the people. The sales rep quickly brought up the order and she was really, really nice. She gave me an even extra special deal so I was really happy about that. It’s a great company with great prices and good products. You can’t ask for better than this. When my mother's glasses die again, I would still order from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Needed a pair of backup glasses for my bifocals. Have been really happy with the performance of your Palermo frame but thought I wanted something that had a little bigger lens, so I tried the Phoenix this time. Not nearly as good a fit for me as the Palermo, and the bifocal zone is much bigger than I like. Wish I'd stayed with the Palermo.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend that I used to work had said that it was easy to get all three of her girls' glasses for school from 39DollarGlasses.com. She took them to Walmart, got the eyeglass exam and then took the exam in so that’s what I did. On my first order, I wound up purchasing three pairs and returning one. I had a pair of retro-style sunglasses, then I did one with a plastic frame where the bottom is clear and the top is colored, and then I ordered a wire-framed one. It took them a little over a week to get everything done because I have bifocals and I wanted progressive lenses. That's for distance, reading, fine print and real up close for computer screens, so it took a little bit longer but they’re perfect and I love them.

Then I did a couple of emails back and forth with customer service to return the wire-framed one and it was good. They took it right back and after paying a restocking fee, I got my refund. That's about 80 bucks back from the $119 that I spent and that’s awesome because they were progressive so I couldn't really use them anywhere else. It was an awesome experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Thank you for making 3 pairs of glasses for me. Each one fits fine and does what it is supposed to. I like your fair prices and your quick response. You have been my go to for many years and I will continue to order from you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

High quality service and product at a great price. Huge selection and easy to find a selection that fits and looks good. Glasses are durable and well made. I am a long time customer and will shop here again. Look for extra discounts each time you shop. Thanks for the excellent service.

Hi Anita!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Our company takes pride in offering quality eyewear and would never want any of our customers to be dissatisfied with an order. All orders must first go through our quality assurance inspection process. However, sometimes, human error occurs, but we will always take full responsibility for our mistakes.

Our Worry-Free Warranty allows you to receive a free remake of your glasses, or exchange them up to 90 days after receiving them. According to our records, our customer service team issued you a return form in order for you to send your glasses back in exchange for a new pair. Your remade glasses will be double inspected in order to ensure quality control and prevent this situation from reoccurring.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and hope this helps address your concerns and improves your experience with 39DollarGlasses.com. If you have any further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: June 12, 2017

My last Order was in may of 2017. Loved the frames but I can't see correctly with them. I think you got the prescription wrong so I won't be able to wear them. I have loved my purchases in the past though. I am so disappointed. I was really looking forward to wearing them.

I ordered these glasses for reading only. I can see absolutely nothing out of them. No way I can read with them. Wasted money. Very disappointed. I will not be using this service again. I did receive them quickly. Just can't see.

Hi Rhina

We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. We have issued you an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) and a prepaid shipping label in order to send back your glasses. We always want to accommodate our customers to the fullest extent possible. Do you know we offer a worry-free warranty? If you are not satisfied with your order for any reason, you are able to send it back and we'll be happy to exchange your glasses for a different pair! We also see that you have been contacted by our customer service department to assist in finding a new frame.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: June 10, 2017

The glasses are scratched and have rough spots. The frame is very loose, almost coming out of plastic frame. Please help me get better frame. Hope someone help me and replace them. I know you have excellent customer service. I need a replacement. Maybe a change in frame.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was more than pleased to have multiple options to pick from and afford multiple frames. I could not have done this anywhere else, the eye doctor would charge me an out of this world price for a minuscule selection of frames. Thank you for helping a college student out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My old glasses' progressive lens worked very good. My new glasses do not get dark. They get just a little bit shaded but not near enough for driving on a sunny day. The glasses are good otherwise. I'll be ordering another pair soon.

We have purchased several pairs of glasses over the last several years and have been very pleased! The one pair that was purchased however keeps losing a screw even after being fixed with purchased glass screws and also at an optometrist's. The screw falls out immediately as if something is stripped. Any suggestions?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to try an alternative to the incredibly expensive eyeglass purchases my wife and I had been making. I’ve been using 39 Dollar Glasses for years and I’ve bought from them successfully. Their warranty, speed of service and pricing made me choose them over other eyewear companies. It’s extremely easy to order and if I had any question, I got answered from the phone very quickly. The delivery was unbelievable. I hung up the phone and they were out sitting on the front porch. I got a pair of a gold men’s Aviator with a few bells and whistles – transition, lineless, triple coats and hard lenses. I like the Aviators because of their shape for vision. I’m a doors man and a cabinet maker and a furniture builder. And with my hands, close and far vision, both are really critical. The frames are great. And I’ve got a complex prescription too.

One thing that was interesting, I had a one-year warranty on the frames. One of the temple hinges failed on a previous order. And they sent me a replacement frame - completely free and no shipping cost. It was within the year warranty period. No questions asked except for me wanting to have these failed frames back to them. They do that but didn’t require it. They sent me the frames and I got them in two days.

The products of 39 Dollar Glasses are across the board excellent. But the style that I like does not come in a Titanium bendable frame. That’s a quirk of the product line. At their price, I can order a pair of glasses every year. I'm 73 and I’ve been wearing glasses since I was eight but the longest I’ve had a pair from 39 Dollar Glasses is four years. At one period, when we were strapped for cash, it went a period of three years for a pair of glasses. The customer service is excellent, absolutely superb, courteous, extraordinary and terrific. Their people are helpful, friendly, courteous, very responsive, clear in their answers, candid and interactive. They’re a great outfit.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love these glasses. The measurements fit my face perfectly. I sit at a computer all day so I need something comfortable to keep me focused. I added the Blue495 Anti-Glare Coating and Transition lenses. This is great when I'm running in and out of the office or house. The sun is always so bright here in Colorado. I love wearing these unique glasses! They aren't a heavy color on my face either but they stick out just enough.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm a construction worker and my glasses would constantly get scratched, so even though the union pays $300 a year for them, I was also paying a lot of money for them. There's a place in my neighborhood in Brooklyn that had lovely people and owned by a very sweet man, but their prices were going up a little bit. Also, I'm now retired and on a fixed income, so every penny is a penny saved.

39dollarglasses.com was cheaper and so I thought of giving them a shot as long as they give me a good prescription. I was skeptical at first, so I only ordered one pair the first time and they were perfect. They keep my prescriptions, so they would just ask my name and look it up on the computer. My prescription hasn't changed in a number of years but if it has changed, then I'd either FAX them the new prescription or read it off to them. Ordering them was very easy, but I had to pay taxes because they're out in Long Island and I'm in New York. Other than that, they ship very fast. If I ordered it on a Monday, I had it by Wednesday right in my mail. They'd also include a hard case and a little kit with a screwdriver and a couple of little screws, and the prescription was perfect.

I've had about eight or ten pairs made up by them on different occasions. I'd usually get the square ones and I would have them in regulars and in tinted. Then I recently got the three-pair from them, so I'll always have backups when I can't find my glasses. They were the same aviator style, two regular glasses and one tinted, and are great as a spare, but I use them as my primary lenses now because they're nice. I'm happy with the style and the price. They also have better and more stylish ones that can run from $39 to $89, though that's more for women's collections. I got the $59 ones cause I like the pair a little better. Also, they got two different tints available.

I'm very happy that I've found them and I've turned a few of my friends on to it, too. I find them to be an excellent outlet for it. They're very agreeable. When I broke one of the side pieces, I asked them to send one since I got the little screwdrivers. Then she said to me that they will send a whole new pair of glasses instead. Around my neighborhood here, they charge you just to adjust them even if you bought them there. So overall, my experience with 39dollarglasses.com has been excellent. It's easy to put through and they're pleasant to deal with and were on top of things.

Hi Brian!

You will be emailed a prepaid shipping label and RMA.

All returns and/or exchanges require an RMA Number which is a Return Merchandise Authorization Number. You will receive this via email before the end of business today. Please be sure to fill out the entire Return/Exchange Form that is also included in your email so that we can properly process your Return/Exchange.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us by phone at 1-800-672-6304, via Live Chat Support on our website, or E-mail us at contact@39DollarGlasses.com. We are open on weekdays from 9am-5pm EST.

Original review: June 4, 2017

I love the service however I do not like the glasses that were sent to me. They looked different in the photos. I was wondering how I could switch them for a new pair? I need them as soon as possible. Thanks!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hi Jennifer,

We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced with your order. However, as per the phone conversation you had with a customer service representative, we're glad to hear that USPS has located your package!

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: June 4, 2017

We still haven't received them. Post office says they delivered them but we never got them. Called your company and they said the only thing we could do is to file a claim. So far the post office or your company hasn't done anything to help us recover them.

I paid 40 dollars for a my glasses and they are good but with time the blue Pasadena's turn purple and peel off the color completely. With that said I bought the same pair again because I liked them so much.

I was very pleased with both the price and prompt service and will recommend you to my friends. I will order from you again when I next need glasses or sunglasses. Your company satisfied all my needs. Thanks for being there for me. Thank you again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I started ordering from 39 Dollar Glasses six years ago and I’m extremely happy. I order for my husband as well. They have good products and customer service. I had one pair that was wrong. What happened is I clicked the wrong box, but then they fixed it and replaced it at no charge. They took care of it, so that was impressive when it was my fault. Once, when my husband’s transition didn’t work right. It was also fixed at no charge. So, it's that level of service. Plus, I like that they're an American company and the turnaround time is good. I ordered a couple of dozen pairs in all this time because I lose them and I don’t take care of them properly and I never will.

Ophthalmologists want you think that you have to buy your glasses from them. They offer a $59 vision test, but it’s crazy because their glasses costs so much and it's not affordable. It shouldn’t be a hardship to be able to see and read. I don’t refer products very often, but I highly recommend them. I could do their commercial.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve ordered glasses from 39 Dollar Glasses for five years. The first that I got from them were fine so I have no plans of getting a new company. I’m a pilot and I use the regular specs with automatic tint for my flights because it’s versatile. It does the job, the price is right and the quality is adequate. I had problems with my last prescription. I made a mistake on the way I described what I wanted and that's what the issue was but the customer service was fine and the staff was knowledgeable.

It was quick, easy and my husband is thrilled with the new prescription sunglasses I purchased for him as a birthday surprise. He may order a second pair of his prescription glasses just to have a spare. I would recommend to anyone looking to purchase new glasses or sunglasses!

I'm very happy with 39dollarglasses.com! The quality of the glasses is great! The price is great! The convenience of ordering is great! The turnaround time is great! I'll will definitely use this company again and will recommend it to others. Thanks.

Great men's glasses. Strong frames and quick delivery. Just as I expected. It is as if I have on a $600 pair of glasses. Very easy to order online and a lot of frames to choose from. Definitely recommend this to anyone.

Could not Be happier/Luxe Style for 2/3 less! Shopped other "low price" online sellers for tortoise shell frames. Got Ernest Hemingway 4602 French Shell with progressive lenses (which is usually the real price booster) and they're just great. Literally 66% less than the competition. Very sophisticated look (I use for work as a professional, where this look enhances the "smart-serious" impression). Worried about what I'd get for the price, because so much less than anyone else, but the Rx is perfect and so is the fit. Don't be fooled - as soon as you want anything from other sellers but cheapest options (basic frame, no design, single vision lens) their prices are no better than the local eyeglass store - and sometimes more. And quite surprised most of the "other guys" don't even ask for all the relevant prescription numbers! I'm a fan now and will be getting sunglasses next.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked online to see if I can get glasses mailed to my house and I liked the different choices of frames in 39 Dollar Glasses. You cannot beat the price and you actually get a great product. It’s dependable plus you get free shipping. I got six orders in now and I've had my first pair for three years and going. I also bought reading, everyday wear and driving glasses from them. I liked the reading glasses because I have a square head and they just fit right. While the Windjammers looked like the Ray-Ban sunglasses I have and I like that style. They are excellent glasses and hold up great. No issues whatsoever and I've never had to pick up the phone or email. I’ll be using them forever.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The other eyewear companies start off with a better offer, but by the time you get the glasses, they are much more expensive. I chose 39 Dollar Glasses because of the price and I’ve ordered from them three times. The first time was four years ago, I bought read-to-wear glasses and sunglasses. I ordered a pair of glasses a year ago and then I got another one a couple of months ago. I got round black frames under progressive lens twice. It’s fun and cute. In the first pair I had, one of the pieces that goes over your ear was loose and I couldn’t get it tightened good. So, I said, “I'm just going to order another pair.” The second pair is the same. It's kind of loosey-goosey, but I love them anyway.

I still have the glasses I ordered 4 years ago but I had cataract surgery in the meantime, so they're not a good kind of prescription now. They were great glasses and I liked the bifocal portion of it because it is progressive. I liked that on the lower side because I like watching TV with them. Of course, watching TV, you lean back a little. It had a very good, sturdy frame. They were as good as any that I'd ever gotten and the ones that I had now, even though I'm a little disappointed because of the inherent nature of the frame, but the prescription part is perfect.

My glasses were delivered within the time frame. I got them both before I was really looking for them. They were just there and I was surprised. I will most certainly keep using them. I'm actually Turkey-Indian and I get a free pair of glasses every year. It's saying something for 39 Dollar Glasses that in addition to that, I use them because I can go ahead and have a spare and right now I have a pair from the clinic where they always do a good job.

39dollarglasses.com Company Profile