Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.42/5

39DollarGlasses.com is the top online optical store for all your prescription eyewear and contact lens needs. Our friendly customer service team is happy to help answer any questions you may have. With quality products, fast shipping, and a knowledgeable staff, 39DollarGlasses is the best place to get a custom crafted pair of prescription glasses or contact lenses at the lowest prices around.

39dollarglasses.com Call Now Toll Free (800) 672-6304 Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

39dollarglasses.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39dollarglasses.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I’m horrible with glasses. I'll put them on and drop them. And so, the idea of me paying a lot of money for a pair glasses, I might as well take it out in the yard and burn it. I saw 39DollarGlasses, and they’re pretty high-quality glasses. They’re not the things you see at the checkout counter at Walmart. I took a chance and ordered a pair and was impressed with how well they worked.

They’re really good. However, there ought to be a tutorial video when people are not sure about how they’re gonna do glasses. Some glasses just aren’t big enough for your fat head or some glasses don't fit your skinny head. Not all of them come in sizes that fit everybody’s head. Also, there’s always confusion about if someone said, as you get older, you’ll need a pair of glasses. You end up needing glasses for reading glasses, for watching television, glasses for driving, and it’s the same prescription, but you’re dealing with the focal length. And most people don’t know what that means. It's better if 39 Dollar Glasses had something that would show people how it works.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Jimmy! Thank you for reaching out to us, we are happy that you made the decision to order from our site! With regard to finding frames that fit you well, we recommend that you look at the measurements that are posted on the site when you click each frame. You are able to compare the measurements of a frame that you currently own to the measurements shown on our website. If this is something you are not able to do, you may ask a customer service agent about our home try-on program as well. We truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly be making a tutorial video on how to choose a frame that will fit you. As for the reading glasses, there is a very simple way to tell if you will need glasses that will correct your vision at multiple focal lengths; the prescription written by your Doctor. Basically, if you have an ADD power included on the prescription, you will have the information needed to order a pair of glasses that will help you with further away distances, reading up close or even both! If you do not have an ADD power then you would not need glasses which would correct both your visual needs at an increased distance or up close. Typically, your Doctor would be a great help in deciding which type of glasses you need however, you are more than welcome to send us your prescription and we would be able to help you to the best of our ability prior to making an order :) I hope this helps you and please feel free to contact us should you ever have any further questions or concerns. We are happy to have you as a new customer and look forward to providing you with your eyeglass needs for many more years to come!

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I had ordered the wrong size glasses. Saw I could message for help and that is when I met the spectacular Tiffany **! She was kind, thoughtful, helpful, and knowledgeable. She took the time to help me figure out the right size, sent me the paperwork to process my exchange and was patient through the whole process! Will definitely be back!!

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Dina! We are so excited that you were able to receive help via our Customer Support Agent outside of our typical business hours. We have recently expanded the hours in which Customer Support is available to speak to for this very reason; to help customers such as yourself much more efficiently! :) We will be sure to let Tiffany know of your kind words and we certainly appreciate having you as a customer :)

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

39DollarGlasses is an outstanding provider of quality frames and lenses. My wife and I have been using their services since 2008 and have never been disappointed. Their online site is extremely user friendly, making it easy to order. The turn around time is excellent. Over the years as our vision has changed, we have ordered dozens of pairs of glasses and will continue to do so in the future. The personnel are knowledgeable and very helpful. Thank you 39 Dollar Glasses for saving us thousands of dollars over the years.

Sondra - New York City

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Sondra! Thank you for being such a loyal customer. Since the year 2000 when we first started selling eyewear, it has always been our mission to provide high quality eyeglasses to the public at an extremely discounted price. We are so glad that you have been able to purchase your glasses from us over the last 10 years; we are excited to know that you have saved that much money over the years and certainly look forward to having you back to purchase your eyewear for many years to come :)

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I have just ordered another pair of Glasses from $39. My first pair were "NAVIGATOR" Sunglasses with progressive lenses. I drive Uber/Lift with my phone just to the right of steering wheel. The tint on these sunglasses is perfect for driving & seeing the google driving app! The clarity is so good that I keep forgetting to take them off when I go indoors. These sunglasses are amazing. The vision is crystal clear & far superior to my $350 glasses.

I was so impressed that I just purchased another set of regular progressive glasses to replace my $350 glasses that were a waste of $$$. I strongly suggest that if you have any questions what so ever to call them. Their staff is awesome with the best customer service you will ever fine!!!! The adage that you get what you pay for DOES NOT APPLY to this company. Their warranty, product is flawless and pricing is best in the industry. Enjoy & I hope this review will help you save $$$. Tell your friends don't keep them a secret.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Shilo! Thank you for being a great customer and thank you for your kind words and praises. We love to hear that a customer of ours is satisfied with the glasses and recommends others to take advantage of our high quality products which are offered at affordable prices :) We look toward to providing you with your glasses for many years to come!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

To Whom It May Concern/Supervisor of Tiffany **,

There is one employee identifiable to me, whom is solely responsible for having made up for a what was a horrible experience for me, not so much because I had to wait for so long for my glasses, but because of the service I received while I waited. Because of 1 employee, instead of my struggling to decide if I would rate my experience "zero or one star", I am able to say that this experience was turned around, that I am happy with the experience. The reason I am happy with my experience, is because Tiffany ** apologized for every shortcoming, lack of professionalism, and inappropriate, rude comment made by the representatives prior to her involvement, as well as those who undid her good work to make things right.

If you review the trail of calls and written communications (email), you should be able to decipher each detail for yourself. In essence, all the way down to the last good faith effort Tiffany made, upgrading my shipping so that I could receive the re-order a couple of days sooner, since it was running behind your projected timeline, there seemed to be an endless supply of employees who clearly were not paying attention to details, in this last detail, failing to read her instructions to upgrade the shipping.

I have to apologize for taking so long to complete this review, which is unfortunately, loaded with negative commentary where it concerns customer service and attention to details, with exception to, namely, Tiffany **. I hope that you realize the extreme value added to your company, to the customers experience, by having Tiffany ** as an employee. She truly is responsible for restoring my faith in your company. Every representative who only made my experience progressively worse, could learn much from her, as to how to handle problems with orders, not only in their resolution, but in mitigating any additional undesired experiences. It has taken me over a month to come back to your website, in order to select my complimentary order, thanks also, to Tiffany ** I will be looking through your frames and placing my order within the next few hours, crossing my fingers that she may have a part in processing this order.

Respectfully,

Anne

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Anne, Your feedback is much appreciated and we are glad that Tiffany was able to accommodate your needs appropriately. She is an asset to our team and glad to have her here with us :)

Original review: July 3, 2020

Saying again a "Thank You" for addressing the error of not putting-in the discount code before sending the order in. David R. responded the next morning and said it was taken care-of. How refreshing to have this kind of customer service! This was my second pair of reading glasses - as I was so pleased with the results of my first order. Yes, I will tell others and recommend 39Dollarglasses to all. Kindest Regards.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I had an address issue that was entirely my fault! I hurried and called right when I noticed. My customer service rep was SO AWESOME. She went out of the way to fix my issue and was so informative. She also had a cute and bubbly personality! She made my whole day so much better. Please pass this along, she deserves some recognition.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Run, run fast as you can.... These guys are the worst customer service ever and incredibly rude. I literally paid 50% restock fee to get rid of them. There are plenty of other better companies online to use. I have never had a more rude customer service experience in 41 years, talking over me and huge ego to boot. I wish negative stars were available.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I purchased a pair of eyeglasses, the price ended up being $119. (Not near $39!) When I received them the right lens was distorted (my RX was good). I returned them and was charged $36 for THEIR trouble! They said the glasses were checked out (by them) and nothing was wrong with them. I wouldn't have went through all the trouble if they were ok. The glasses felt like cheap Dollar Store glasses. DON'T BUY FROM THEM!

Original review: April 14, 2020

I ordered glasses, 2 pairs, with progressive lens. The glasses are so big on my face that they fall off if I try to read. I called them to find out that I can return them. After receiving a 100% satisfaction guarantee I found out it’s really only a 70% guarantee because of the progressive lens. They are sending a video to fix them or I can send them back and lose 30% in these times of unemployment and the world falling apart. I can’t afford to return them as I’m unemployed and my unemployment hasn’t even kicked yet. Thanks 39$ glasses. Hope you’re proud of your company.

39DollarGlasses.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded by eye doctors, 39DollarGlasses.com offers the same high quality prescription glasses found in brick-and-mortar stores at a fraction of the price.

• Deep discounts: With glasses available for as little at $39, this online retailer has some of the least expensive pairs around.

• Free returns: If glasses are not as advertised or are damaged during shipping, buyers can send them back at no cost.

• Free shipping options: With a qualifying order, standard shipping is free, with several expedited options available for a small fee.

• Worry free warranty: 39DollarGlasses.com offers 120 days from delivery to return glasses for a 50 percent refund or exchange credit.

• Toddler glasses: Not only do they sell a wide variety of adult frames and lenses, they also have glasses designed just for toddlers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team