toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you for the kind words, Mike! We truly appreciate your positive review. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service, so we're always glad to know we are upholding our values. Enjoy your new glasses.

Original review: May 26, 2016

I had purchased a pair of glasses from Walmart for about $400. I lost them and decided to try 39dollarglasses.com and I'm glad I did. My glasses arrived one week later are almost identical to the ones I lost but less than half the price. They are the right prescriptions and they fit just right. I actually like them a little better than the ones I lost. So thank you 39dollarglasses.com. Next time I need glasses I will definitely use 39dollarglasses.com.

Resolution In Progress

Hi JD,

Thank you for the feedback! We love to hear from our customers and are glad to hear your glasses arrived in less than 2 weeks and the prescriptions in both glasses are accurate. In regards to the hinges, the frame you selected is of high-quality and one of the best we carry. Furthermore, your frame is covered for up to one year with our free-frame replacement and Worry-Free Warranty. If you have any further questions in regards to our warranty, please do not hesitate to ask. We also have a toll-free customer service hotline that is available for any assistance. Our phone number is 1-800-672-6304. Our business hours are Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm EST.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I received my glasses in less than 2 weeks. The prescription in both the regular glasses, Progressive, and sunglasses, single Vision, were accurate. The hinges on both frames were of an inferior quality, however. I am concerned that the spring-loaded hinges will fail sooner than others I have owned. Perhaps the lower quality lent itself to a lower price.

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are so happy to hear about your experience with our company and are glad to have been able to provide you with quality, affordable glasses. Enjoy your new 39s!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I've been wearing glasses for very long time around 39-40 years. I also have a very strong prescription for nearsighted so to say I need ultra light lenses is an understatement. Now if you have excellent eye insurance you might be able to get the glasses for about $145 without at Walmart if you have insurance they don't take they will give you 30% and even then it was still around $270-$300. I got these great Titanium with Ultra light lenses delivered for $101! I didn't get transitions but very happy I had in fours days! I ordered on Saturday and received them on Thursday a couple days ahead of schedule. They had great fit right off the bat, and really good clarity. Trust me I've been wearing for long time and these now are one of my favorite pairs. If you have a strong prescription and like me need the ultra light or even if you don't buy from them.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you for the kind words, Jason! We are so glad to hear that our customer service representative was able to resolve your issue, and we hope your son enjoys his new glasses. Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

Had a minor issue with placing my order and Tiffany at customer service was wonderful. I have ordered from here a few times and found it to be a good experience and the glasses are durable for my 6 year old son.

Hi Debbie,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. According to our records, one pair of glasses failed inspection on the 19th and is still currently in production. The second pair of glasses finished production; therefore, we partially shipped them out as of today.

Typically, most orders are completed in as soon as 1-3 business days. However, some orders may need the full 3-7 business days production time that is advised on our website. The production time may vary based on prescription, frame, and/or lens package combination.

Once in a while, unforeseen events can occur and the glasses may not pass our quality assurance inspection at the end of production. Please understand that we vigorously inspect each outgoing order to ensure it is of the quality you expect from 39DollarGlasses.com. Failures in production happen no matter where you purchase your glasses but we will always take the time to correct any issues found before sending it out.

Furthermore, we apologize for the misunderstanding; however, our records do not indicate that we denied your request for overnight shipping on the first pair. The first pair was partially shipped via UPS Next Day Air. Our customer service team sent a confirmation email regarding your shipping. As a courtesy, we have also upgraded your shipping to UPS Next Day Air on the second pair of glasses that are still in production. Once this pair is finished with production, you will receive another confirmation email with a new tracking number attached.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and delay in receiving your order. Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern and please know that we are working diligently to correct the problem. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I ordered two pairs of progressive lens glasses from 39DollarGlasses 10 days ago. I will get the first pair 16 days after I placed the order because I contacted the company today and pushed for a partial shipment. There is no estimate as to when I'll get the second pair because the special reflective coating was defective on one lens and 39DollarGlasses has no idea when their manufacturer will send a replacement lens. I asked to have the first pair over nighted at no expense to me because of my long wait. I was denied because this is against company policy. Cheap glasses - maybe, terrible customer service - absolutely!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Hi Joy,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. All outgoing orders must first go through our inspection process before being shipped in order to ensure quality control. However, sometimes, human error occurs and we will always take full responsibility for our mistakes. We have a warranty, which allows customers to have their glasses remade free of charge. Even if you’ve already had your order remade, we would not charge you the additional 50% if the mistake was made on our end.

In regards to the length of your temples, we carefully measure each frame to help our customers gain a better understanding of how they’ll fit. Nevertheless, we apologize if you feel our measurements were off and we’ll be sure to re-measure the frame dimensions once again.

Furthermore, our customer service toll-free hotline is open during our business hours of Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm EST. Although we ship to international locations, we are an American company with a customer service call center located at our facilities in New York. In addition, your emails were sent from a different email address than the one you provided in your order, and your name was also spelled incorrectly; therefore, it was difficulty for us to look up your order. After sending us your email, you should have received an email from us that advises it will take between 1-3 business days to receive a response from our customer service team. Your email was sent to us on Friday and we replied back to you within 3 business days on the following Wednesday. We are sorry for this inconvenience but are happy that we were able to find your order and subsequently understand your issue at hand.

Moreover, it is unclear to us which number you dialed when you heard an automated questionnaire regarding vacations, as we do not have any automated advertisements associated to our phone number. We have looked further into the matter with both of our phone numbers listed on our website and have not heard anything related to your comments.

Our Worry-Free Warranty states “after the original order is remade, subsequent remakes will be assessed a 50% remake fee. Refunds requested after a remake is performed will be assessed at 50% of the original order price, or you may request a 50% refund in store credit.” However, if the issue with the glasses is our fault, we will remake the glasses free of charge. As stated previously, 39DollarGlasses.com prides itself on offering friendly, fair customer service and we will always correct any issues found with the glasses deriving from a mistake on our end.

According to our records, we see that you have requested an RMA and sent back your glasses. However, if you’d like, our customer service team can issue you a remake of your order free of charge. As a courtesy, we will upgrade your shipping to UPS Next Day Air. You can also change your frame in order to find something that is more comfortable or fits you better. We hope that you are willing to accept this offer and have a better experience with our company. Once we receive your returned glasses with the Return Form attached, we will know how you would like to proceed. Please let us know if you’d like to accept this offer and have your glasses remade. If not, we will continue with the request on your Return Form.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We hope this response helps address your concerns and resolves your situation. For any further assistance, you can also reach us at our toll-free customer service hotline at 1-800-672-6304. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

I received my glasses very quickly (plus), however they were obviously flawed (negative). The lenses are ground so badly that they misshapen the frames and I can't see very well out of both lenses. I also noticed that the measurements on the frame (on the website and printed on the glasses are seemingly wrong (negative). The temple length says 145, but I have other glasses with a 140 and those arms are longer than the 39 dollar frames when held together for a physical comparison. The only way to judge if frames fit when buying online is by referencing those numbers, so you see the problem.

I tried contacting Customer Service, but they're only open on EST (negative). This is strange because they ship worldwide. I keep missing their hours of operation because I live in PST, but no problem I'll just send them an email, right? I tried emailing but it's been over FOUR DAYS with no response (negative). You'd think they would be more prompt since they have a 30 day return policy. Also, when I call the toll free number on the top of their Contact page I just get an automated questionnaire about VACATIONS (?). If you try to skip the questionnaire it hangs up on you. Call the toll free number at the BOTTOM of the page, that's the real business line.

Also if you get the lenses remade and they happen to be flawed again you will be assessed a 50% "Remake fee" regardless if it's their fault. Per their website "After the original order is remade, subsequent remakes will be assessed a 50% remake fee." I ordered from two others online eyeglass companies, I received one pair that is perfectly fine so I know it's not my prescription. Bottom line if it's the first time you're ordering online and you don't know which company to order from you may want to skip this company unless you have money/time to burn.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you so much for the kind words, Jasmine! We love hearing positive feedback from our customers. We are happy your glasses came out perfectly and we look forward to supplying you with more in the future.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

The customer services is amazing! I would like to shout out David ** for personally taking the time to help me every step of the way. I left a comment when ordering my sunglasses that I wanted them tinted as dark as possible. He advised that he would put the order on a shipping hold and then inspect them to see if they are dark enough.

They arrived to my house as dark as I wanted but I forget that my entire car is limo tinted. Between my sunglasses being super dark tinted and my car being limo tinted, it made it damn near impossible to see out my back windows when driving which was rather scary! I emailed David ** immediately letting him know that I made a mistake ordering my sunglasses so dark. He was super sweet to get a new pair out to me ASAP with the default grey tint. I didn't have to hassle with shipping back my old pair or pay to ship out the new pair. I just received my new pair and they are perfect!

The package is very nice! It comes in a really nice hard shell case and microfiber pouch. It also comes with 2 mircofiber clothes and eyeglasses screwdriver! Overall, the entire experience was rather pain free! Will be ordering from the site again! I especially love the fact that you can upload a picture of yourself and see what the sunglasses will look like on you! No surprises that way! Love love LOVE 39DollarGlasses! Highly recommend them! Thank you, guys! :)

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you for the positive review! We're happy we were able to have your glasses made efficiently and delivered on time. Enjoy your new 39s.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

Exceptional service. I mailed in my frames that have a challenging lens shape and curvature. Frames came back very quickly with perfect prescription sunglass lenses for a very reasonable price! I read a couple of mixed reviews of $39 and many positive ones. I am happy to say my experience was flawless. I have just ordered two new pairs of glasses.

There are many vendors out there, and my experiences have been mixed. Some orders got so screwed up there never was an adjustment. I just went around and around with $39 glasses because I made the mistake of including UPS in the delivery, despite a fair amount of trouble with them previously I wanted them delivered to me, not my home address where I wouldn't be. UPS is system-oriented. Initiative is frowned on. You don't fit their pattern, you don't get service. UPS didn't deliver. My glasses, after much tracking effort by the $39 glasses CS department, were finally duplicated. Delivery of the originals never happened They're out in the UPS wasteland somewhere. Once the futility of tracking was established, $39 glasses duplicated the order, at no cost to me, and rushed them. I'm sold. I'm their customer from now on. Unless they merge with UPS. The glasses fit quite well out of the box. A couple of small tweaks should do it.

Resolution response: Sept. 13, 2016

Just getting an understanding response and that they will monitor the situation is great!

Hi Jennifer,

We apologize for the experience you have had with our service team. Please understand that we take great pride in offering friendly, helpful customer service and would never want any of our customers to feel unwelcome when they reach out to us with their questions or concerns.

We are sorry to hear about your experience in LiveChat with our customer service representative and will continue to monitor and review the situation accordingly. We hope that we can help address your issue and provide you with quality customer service in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you have any further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

I'd like to be able to say that the glasses are great but I'm not sure yet. The glasses that I ordered my husband seem ok but their customer service is rude... not all of them but Thomas especially. I was told one thing by customer service and he was just rude when I brought it up to him. I seemed to always get him and dreaded him every time. However, if you're lucky to get someone else, they are nice! I'm sorry but I felt like I annoyed him most of the time! Not acceptable attitude to a customer.

Hi Lisa,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. According to our records, you have contacted our customer service department who has issued you an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) label to send back your glasses.

In regards to our return process, we do not charge our customers for postage to send back their glasses. You should have received an RMA and pre-paid shipping label to the email you had provided in your last order; the pre-paid shipping label covers your cost of shipping. Furthermore, shipping costs are waived on orders over $99; therefore, you were not charged for any shipping cost in your first order. We also issued you a Return Form, which we send to all customers in order to gain a better understanding of why the glasses are being sent back.

We pride ourselves on offering quality eyewear at an affordable price. Most of our single-vision eyeglasses are $39. Any upgrades from single-vision lenses such as progressives, bifocals, tints and coatings come at an additional cost. However, our prices for progressives and bifocals are still less expensive than most retailers.

Please understand that we value each one of our customers and want to accommodate you to the furthest extent possible. After inspecting your first returned pair of glasses, your prescription was found to be accurate.

As soon as we receive this pair of glasses, we will vigorously inspect them in order to get to the cause of any issue there may be.

We thank you for your patience during this matter and hope to make your experience with 39DollarGlasses.com a positive one.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

They made the wrong prescription TWICE which required checking with an optometrist TWICE to figure out why I could not see a THING through the glasses, then making an additional appt with my eye doc to check that he'd given me the right Rx. The return policy is tedious, with a long form to fill out, and a wait for a return label (which you are supposed to pay for). DO NOT BUY GLASSES HERE. Additionally, you can't get glasses for 30 dollars. They cost closer to 200 dollars, so the name itself is a lie. You've been warned.

Hi Greg,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. However, our description for our Transitions lenses does not state that anti-glare coating is included. You may have misunderstood the wording you are referring to on our website, the lenses included are scratch-resistant but not glare-resistant. We do offer an anti-glare coating for an additional fee of $24.95.

Furthermore, we did not edit or make any changes to the website during your conversation with our customer service representative via Live Chat. We are a company that has been in business for over 15 years and would not benefit from deceiving our customers. We take pride in having integrity and standing behind our mistakes.

In regards to combined shipping, we cannot waive the $5.95 fee for each order because it is not only a shipping fee, but it is a shipping and processing fee for each frame.

We thank you for reaching out to us with your concern. If you have any further questions, please let us know and we will be more than happy to help you.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

My first problem with this company is that they refused to combine shipping, as I was going to send three pairs of glasses to get lenses. Each frame had to be ordered separately, with shipping charges for each. Then, I really couldn't find better prices (now I have) out there, and was going to order, despite my qualms with the company shipping policy. I went to order Transitions poly lenses and it advertised that "anti-glare was included" with an option below to pay, so I went on to the chat session. The service person confirmed that it said that, but that I'd have to pay for it. I said that is false advertising. She contacted IT department. I said I'd take a photo of what it says. When I refreshed the browser, IT had taken down the offer of "anti-glare included." Thomas the manager came on the chat and basically called ME a liar. Beware of this company. So shady.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you so much for your kind words! We work hard at providing great service to our customers and are always happy to hear your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

I had placed an order for eyeglasses from one of 39dollarglasses.com competitors for slightly less money. After 3 days, the other company was still only "processing" my order. I contacted 39dollarglasses via online "chat". Thomas, at 39dollarglasses.com, "chatted" with me and provided clear, concise, and professional information to me that caused me to be more confident. My new glasses would be made properly, professionally, and (important) in a timely manner. Thomas's boss should be aware of his good service and prospective customers should be aware of my experience. Don't waste time with the other companies; I did and I learned. Nope, I am not a paid celebrity. I am a genuine customer.

39dollarglasses.com

Thanks for the positive review, Alycyn! We are happy to hear about your experience with our company and look forward to providing you with more quality, affordable glasses in the future!

Original review: July 25, 2016

I received excellent service from 39 Dollar Glasses. The frames I originally picked out were the wrong size for a child. Through the chat feature I was able to get the correct frames ordered. I received my order within a week. I 100% would & have recommended the 39 Dollar Glasses website to friends, coworkers & clients.

Hi Dominic,

We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion you have experienced. As per our re-lensing policy, once we have received the frame, production time may take anywhere between 3-5 business days to begin; due to custom handling, all our packages must first be sorted through before we begin the production process. The average production time for a re-lensing order takes roughly 7-10 business days. However, as with any order from our site, a failure in our inspection process may require additional production time.

Furthermore, our website does state that most orders ship out between 1-3 business days. However, some orders may need the full 3-7 business days production time. As advised on our website, this does not pertain to re-lensing orders. Our re-lensing production time is stated in the Terms & Conditions, which is sent to all customers via email before the order processing to send in the frame(s).

We pride ourselves on offering a friendly and helpful customer service team and would never want any of our customers to experience anything short of those expectations. We apologize for the experience you had and we will continue to monitor and review the situation.

Additionally, we have received your glasses for re-lensing and are in the beginning stages of the process. Please note that production time for re-lensing orders is roughly 7-10 business days but may require additional production time. Production time may vary based on prescription, frame, and/or lens package combination. Once your order is finished with production and is ready for shipping, you will receive a confirmation email with a tracking number attached.

Original review: July 22, 2016

There is some serious confusion between the text on the website and the reality of their turnaround. Their website clearly says it should take 2 - 6 days for turnaround on relenses. Their customer support person was very aggressive and said that I should have read the terms when I purchased - not what was on their website. The rep said it takes minimum of 7 days to do the lenses, once they receive my frames. But my frames have been there for 5 days - they just have not yet processed them - so the clock starts ticking once they actually open the package I sent them 9 days ago. I was also informed that it can take much longer. Overall my experience has been very poor. I wish I knew that it would take so long - I would have paid for a more expensive service. To top it off - their customer support rep was rather aggressive. They were not thinking of treating me well, and hoping I would be a repeat customer.

This company tries to force you to buy their frames. They're an online company only, so they make up for business costs with that. But then they go one step further to get you to buy their frames. I'm unsure about how it may be if you purchase frames from this company, but having your own frames re-lensed is not recommended. I had three frames re-lensed the first time around and all went smoothly. They were all the same frames, and I ordered two clear and one tinted. So I sent in one more order for tinted. This time different frames, and was told they could not do it because the frame quality was too poor and that I could choose frames from their online store.

Since from experience, I cannot buy glasses without trying them on, I chose the refund. I was not refunded the cost of shipping my frames to them. But no problems so far from me. So then I purchased another of the same exact frames from the same manufacturer I'd sent in originally. I was told these frames are not good enough quality to be re-lensed. I asked why, when those had been used before, and could not get an answer. I requested twice the specifications for frame quality so that I wouldn't keep spending money on frames only to have them rejected. They would not provide those specifications for me.

I then said I will try one of their frames if they can provide discount to offset my repeated costs of shipping and purchasing frames; but if not, then I will take the refund. I was issued a refund. Just as with my request for specifications, any discount was refused. But the worst part of the whole thing was the consistently combative nature of the customer service rep.

Additionally, he had extremely poor reasoning skills, as his responses were repeatedly irrelevant. I was just told that they don't have to re-lense any frames. They don't want to re-lense. VERY poor service. And it simply makes no sense that they will not provide specifications for appropriate frames. It also does not make sense that they will not re-lense the same frames as they'd done before. I was given no explanation for this. Suspicious. But just to warn consumers: If you're thinking of using the company for re-lensing, think again. They have their ways of offsetting costs for what appears to be cheaper rates.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you for the kind words, Nancy! We are glad to hear about your positive experience with our company and look forward to having you as a long-time customer with 39DollarGlasses.com!

Original review: July 14, 2016

I was very satisfied with my experience with 39dollarglasses.com. We have bought several pair of glasses from them and were never sorry. When I got my glasses, I didn't like the way the frames sat on my nose so they allowed me to send them back and get a different frame. I also got the non-glare coating. I will continue to buy my glasses from 39dollarglasses.com for sure.

39dollarglasses.com

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with your order and thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not the kind of work that we pride ourselves on here at 39DollarGlasses.com.

As a courtesy, we will remake your order for you free of charge. Your shipping will also be upgraded to UPS Next Day Air in order to get them to you sooner; you do not have to send back your glasses. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we have added $20 into your EyeBucks Rewards account to use on your future purchases. Please let us know if you would like to use the same frame or a different frame in your new order. Once your new order is finished, you will receive another confirmation email with a tracking number attached.

If you have further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: July 9, 2016

Today I received my first order from 39dollarglasses.com. The frames are great but the lenses are not properly cut to the shape of the frames and have obvious defects in workmanship. It looks like a child that doesn't know how to color in-between the lines manufactured them and dropped them on the floor during packaging. Terrible quality assurance process.

39dollarglasses.com

Thanks for the kind words, Ken! We're happy to have provided you with a great experience ordering glasses online and we hope you continue to enjoy your 39DollarGlasses!

Original review: July 1, 2016

I was a little leery about ordering glasses online - especially at less than half the price of what I was quoted locally. Because of the savings I decided to take the change. I ordered the progressive, transitional, and scratch-resistant glasses. Not only do the glasses fit well but the lenses are the proper strength and they darken to sunlight as advertised. They took about a week to arrive after ordering. I'm glad I made the decision to buy online!

Resolution response: July 10, 2016

My original experience with 39dollarglasses wasn't the best & they were right about me missing my 30 or 90 day full refund period (I live in Hawaii -- we're a little slower here). Anyway, after my previous 1 star review I did get a couple of telephone calls & emails from them asking how they could make the situation better. We agreed to just making regular lined bi-focal sunglasses instead of the 3 different distances with progressive lenses. I've gotten my new glasses & they are PERFECT!

I'm very happy with my experience with them now & know you'll have a good experience too. Just make sure you get the proper PD (pupil distance) numbers for EACH eye from your eye doctor. I measured mine initially & was off .5 cm... So even though I was somewhat at fault, the company forgave me & remade my lenses & now we're all good. Thank you 39dollarglasses!

Hi Gloria,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. According to our records, you contacted our customer service department regarding your order and they advised you that although your order is out of our warranty period, we will re-inspect your glasses in order to look for any possible mistakes made during production; we will always take full responsibility for any mistakes made on our end and will correct them immediately. However, after re-inspecting your glasses, we did not find any errors.

Furthermore, we would like to reach out to you via phone in order to gain a better understanding of your situation and come to a resolution on this matter. Please understand that we would never want any of our customers to receive an order that is anything less than the quality expected from 39dollarglasses.com. We will be attempting to contact you shortly via phone. If you have any further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: June 14, 2016

I sent my 39 dollar glasses back to them as the prescription was not right. I had my first pair made at my dr's office & they are perfect & great. I tried 39 dollar glasses to save some money getting a second pair which were sunglasses that I could use for driving & reading. I checked & doubled checked my numbers that I input from the prescription into their website. But when I look through the lenses things bend to the left which definitely isn't "right." I missed the full refund return period & sent them back within 90 days to be "inspected" only to be told that they didn't find any problems with them & that I should take them back to my doctor to have my prescription checked. So, here I sit out of $100+ with a pair of sunglasses which are useless. If you are trying to save money, go to Costco or WalMart where you live. At least there will be someone to hold accountable in person. I won't ever buy from them again.

39dollarglasses.com

Hi Ed - We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with your order. We receive our frames as is from our manufacturers with no extra parts, because of this, all our frames are under a free frame replacement warranty for up to one year. Please understand that we are not refusing to give you two screws because of policy, we simply do not have them.

Since your most recent order was from 2014, these glasses are indeed out of warranty, as advised by our customer service department. You were also offered a discount on new frames which we believe is more than fair, especially since your order is two years old. We apologize if you believe that this is unfair.

We have added $20 into your EyeBucks Rewards points to use in the future if you choose to place another order. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: May 21, 2016

I have bought many pairs of glasses from 39 and was very happy until now. My wife had 2 screws fall out of her sunglasses. Normally any optician would give you 2 screws usually without charge. I contacted 39 Glasses and they ignored my emails. When I got them on the phone they said if they were under warranty they would send new frames??? New frames when you only need 2 screws worth a nickel at the most sounds stupid to me. Ours were out of warranty and they offered new frames with a discount. They refused to give me two lousy screws. In this case my wife and I will get our glasses from a local optical store in the future. Too bad they have such a stupid policy.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you so much for your positive review, Ronald! We're glad to hear about your experience with our company and are proud to be able to provide you with quality, affordable glasses. We look forward to having you as a long-time customer with 39DollarGlasses.com!

Original review: May 19, 2016

When I found $39.00 glasses, I thought it was a scam. How could they sell me a pair of prescription glasses (sun or regular) for this price? I called and spoke with a very kind gentleman who took my order. The glasses arrived in about a week. However, I, and I emphasize, I gave them the wrong prescription. I could not see out of these and they were useless to me. I phoned the company and once again, they were kind, supportive, non-judgmental and very professional. They allowed me return the glasses and this time I gave them the correct lens numbers. Within a week or so, my new glasses arrived. They are perfect in every way possible.

This company is 5 star to me and I acknowledge their great work, wonderful spirit and I don't know where you could possible get a pair of glasses less expensively. The frames were top notch and of course, the glass itself was most desirable. Having said this, my joy and pleasure was speaking with the agents. They were incredibly respectful and helpful. From now on, I will not ever go to another place for glasses. There were no scams, no come-ons, nothing but glasses for only $39.00. I recommend them highly and suggest you give them a chance. A very pleased customer.

Hi Kathy,

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. We're sorry that we could not respond to your email immediately; however, we receive a high volume of emails and respond to them in the order in which we receive them. Furthermore, we are a company that has been in business for 15 years and would not benefit from purposely ignoring emails in order to wait for an order to ship. Please understand that not all lens packages are available for certain prescription strengths. Therefore, our site does not give the customer an option to chose certain lens packages if their prescription is too strong. Our 50% refund policy on UltimateViewHD lenses in advised on our website. Once the shipping label is created, the package does not leave New York immediately. The package is sent to the local post office, which still located in New York. Once the package leaves our facility, we have no control over the delivery time. We apologize for the inconvenience for our business hours. However, for future reference, we offer a Live Chat during our business hours where you will be helped by one of our customer service representatives immediately. Once again, we're sorry to hear about your experience. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: May 12, 2016

I ordered my glasses on May 4th. I realized over that weekend that these new glasses will have the same problems as my current frames will. I checked and the order had not been shipped yet so I emailed asking if I could get the lenses in a smaller frame. The next day they shipped the glasses out, and then two days later Tifanny answered my email back stating too bad they didn't read my email in time and I should have called, and oh by the way I ordered a lens package where they only give a 50 percent refund.

Well what a coincidence that they only just checked the email the day after shipping my glasses out. And if they shipped them out four days ago, where are they? The last thing it says on tracking is 'label created' and they are still in New York. Stupid idiots. And I didn't 'choose' this lens package. It gave me no other choice. The cheaper choice I wanted was blanked out and wouldn't let me select it. Also, Tifanny has a snotty tone. I am definitely complaining to the BBB. They can't make you choose a certain lens package then tell you there are no refunds on that one; and then conveniently not check their email until after the glasses are shipped out and expect people to think they do good business. And as far as calling, well if they were open any hours that I'm not at work, I would have.

Hi Charles,

We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. According to our records, we have issued you an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) label in order to send back your glasses for re-polishing. We have received the frame and are currently in the process of re-polishing your frame. We always want to accommodate our customers to the fullest extent possible. Therefore, we hope that your new lenses are of the quality that you expect from 39DollarGlasses.com. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and delay on your order. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: May 12, 2016

I placed an order on March 30 for new glasses. I tracked the order and saw that the glasses had failed to pass the quality control phase and needed to be redone. 16 days into the order I received the glasses and they were defective. The lenses were loose in a molded frame. I sent them back and changed the order to my old style frame just in case. I waited 10 days and then called to see where the order was. I was told I needed to pay an additional $10 (I did not receive any notification of this). I paid and waited. 8 days later I tracked the order to find that this pair as well had failed to pass the quality control and needed to be redone.

On May 11, a full 6 weeks after I placed my initial order, my glasses arrived. They had failed to polish the edges which on my prescription can make reflective distractions. I called them and they offered to take the glasses back and redo them a third time. I said that not only should they redo them, another 2 week wait, but that I should be offered some type of partial refund or credit against my next order to compensate me for the 2 months it would take to get my order correct. They refused as this was not part of their "policy." I've been a customer of 39 dollar glasses for over 12 years, but they show no loyalty to their customer base other than to satisfy company policy so I said goodbye and will find someone else to buy my glasses from in the future.

Hi Jeff,

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service that will go to the furthest extend possible to help, so we're sorry to hear about your recent experience. According to our records, we issued you a $10 coupon code, plus free shipping on your next purchase. We're sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our offer. However, the order is from 2014, which is out of our warranty period; therefore, after issuing the frame replacement and coupon code, there is nothing further we can offer. We will always offer a frame replacement if a customer receives a damaged frame from us. However, the frame was sent out undamaged. The frame may have changed in size, but due to the frame being from 2014, the manufacturer reserves the right to adjust their frame sizes. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: May 6, 2016

I ordered replacement frames for my Portland eyeglasses and the frames they sent were too small. I was able to squeeze my lenses into the frames, finally, but not without damaging the Transition coating on the lenses around the edges. I called and asked if there was anything they could do for me considering that my lenses were perfect before I inserted them into the frames that they sent me, which were too small and caused damage upon insertion. They said, "Sorry there is nothing we can do for you" and that was it! Very unsatisfied with this experience and even more so with their extremely unprofessional and discourteous customer service people.

Resolution response: May 6, 2016

I am extremely pleased with the service offered by 39dollarglasses.com. 39dollarglasses was quick to respond to my concern, and has gone above beyond my expectation from any online retailer or any brick & mortar retailer to resolve my concern. My future purchases will be with 39dollarglasses.

Hi Mr. Dhoop,

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. Typically, most orders take between 1-3 business days. However, some orders may need the full 3-7 business days production time that is advised on our website. The production time may vary depending on the prescription, frame, and/or lens package combination. We always try our best to accommodate all of our customers. Unfortunately, sometimes human error does occur. Therefore, we would have put in a remake for your order free of charge. Your new order number is 616273713. Our team will ensure quality control by having the glasses pass double inspection. You should be receiving a confirmation email shortly for your new order. Furthermore, once your glasses have been shipped, you will receive another confirmation email with your tracking number attached. Additionally, we have added $20 in EyeBucks Rewards points to your account for any possible future purchases. We sincerely apologize on our behalf for the mistakes. We hope this helps address your concern and create a more positive experience for you. If you have any further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: April 22, 2016

I ordered eyeglasses on 4/11/2016. After one week I was looking to get a shipping date. I was told that my lenses had a quality issue that was causing a delay. Finally I received my eyeglasses today on 4/22. When I opened the box I found that the left lens was not on the frame. It was loose in the soft pouch. The eyeglass prescription appears to be correct. The box was not damaged in shipping. When I called to complain I heard more excuses than any contrition.

Hi Sarah,

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. Please understand that we vigorously inspect each outgoing order to ensure it is of the quality you expect from 39DollarGlasses.com and we will always take the time to correct any issues found before sending it out. We pride ourselves on offering great customer service to ensure all of customers are happy. Moreover, your glasses were not lost but were still going through our production process. We hope you understand that we were working diligently to correct the issue, so that your glasses would pass final inspection. Furthermore, we typically send out both pairs of glasses at the same time because they were both under one order; therefore, each order is not complete until both pairs are finished. However, in your order, we shipped out one pair separately due to the extended wait time. We have received a high volume of emails this past month and are answering them in the order in which they are received. For the inconvenience, we have added $15 in EyeBucks Rewards points to your account. Once again, we apologize for any issues. If you have any further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: April 19, 2016

I ordered two pairs of glasses on 3/22/16. As my prescription is pretty strong, I knew I would be outside of the predicted 3-5 day construction period that they tout for 95% of glasses. About 10 days goes by... I check the order. One pair is ready to go, the other didn't pass final inspection. At this point, I expect to be receiving the one pair very soon, as I had paid for two-day shipping. A few more days go by... Still no glasses. I check again, same thing: one pair ready, one pair did my glass inspection. I email customer service on a Friday, April 1st, and am told my glasses will be shipped either that day or the following Monday. A few more days go by, wondering why they haven't' shipped. Message them. Nothing. Message them once again, and I'm told that they will send the one pair that is ready, but that they don't normally do that unless an order is outside of standard production time. Which it was. So I get the one pair on April 12th.

Today, April 18th, I go to the site to check on my other glasses. The site says they were delivered with the ones I actually got!! They were not. This company is disorganized, rude, and in no way customer-oriented. If one pair of glasses is ready, and the other isn't because of THEIR ERROR, they should ship separately, and the company should eat the cost, as their poor workmanship has delayed things. I am also GREATLY displeased that my other pair of glasses appears to be lost. I have messaged customer service about this order, for the 4th or 5th time, and at this point I'm requesting an email on the glasses I supposedly already have!! Never again will I use this site. I will buy my cheap glasses elsewhere!!

39dollarglasses.com

Hi Dawn, thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that your problem was ultimately resolved. For future reference, right above where you choose your shipping method (ie: Next Day, 2nd Day, or Priority) states our production time. We will also play back your phone call so we may properly address this issue to the rep you spoke to. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you love your glasses!

Original review: April 15, 2016

I decided that I needed to finally order prescription sunglasses as we're moving to Nevada next week. After researching a few online options I chose 39dollarglasses because it appeared that they could get them to me in 2 days. 2 days after I placed my order I checked to make sure they were on their way only to discover that they had not "passed inspection" and would be delayed. I called in (omg the wait time!) and got an incredibly rude young woman. She basically called me stupid because I thought that 2-day shipping meant 2 days warehouse to me.

I pointed out that it never clearly states that 3-10 business days was the norm and in frustration asked for a manager. Dave ** is such an asset to this company. He was polite and made sure that they bumped my shipping to next day and followed the glasses from "tinting" to shipment. He saved my order and has made a customer for life out of me. The glasses are due to arrive today and I can't wait to see them!

Hi Mr. Stevenson,

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. According to our records, you had sent in your frames for a re-lensing order. However, we first declined to re-lens your frame because the frame you sent to us was incomplete due to there being missing temple pieces. Your second re-lensing order was declined because we could not open the frame properly due to two screws at the top of the temple pieces. After you called our customer service hotline, we went through with completing your order. Furthermore, based on the picture that you sent us via e-mail, the glasses appear to be intact and we see no other flaws. The temple piece screw covers are detached, but this is something that we advised would be necessary prior to starting the process. Most metal frames do not have the cover over the temple pieces; therefore, we did not compromise the structural integrity of the glasses. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our company. If you have any further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: April 14, 2016

I shipped 39dollarglasses a frame for re-lensing. I was notified they could not be re-lensed 'because the lens area can not be opened or closed'. I called to explain you have to remove 2 screws to open them, very simple. The service agent and/or tech agreed and reprocessed them. I was not notified of any further problem. I was shipped back a broken frame with new lenses. When emailed them about the frame they continued to say: "We are not responsible for the things we break" (terms and conditions), "The part that was broken is no big deal", it's my fault.

What's extra bad is that I started this order mid-February. I was told the first frame I sent in could not be processed due to missing parts (I had stripped down the glasses to make it easy for them). I then sent in a duplicate frame and left all the parts on and they said these could not be processed cause they couldn't be opened. When I called in about it (cause they open very easily), they said I would need to remove these 2 parts on the frame myself and reship them back (we're talking 2 screws here)! First it was cause I had stripped them down, then it was because I hadn't! I finally got them back - it's mid-April and they broke my frame. I don't trust these people at all!

Resolution response: April 5, 2016

Thank you for the response, and the refund. Update: I will change my rating to a 3/5 because I still feel this company benefits from keeping 50% of proceeds from returned items if they don't get them back within 10 days. If you factor in shipping, slow customer service, and a busy schedule that's almost impossible.

Hi Adam,

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. According to our records, we originally issued you a 50% refund for the glasses you returned. However, we then issued you the full refund on Friday afternoon after you contacted us via social media. Please allow 2-3 business days for the transaction to credit back to your account. Furthermore, we apologize for the wait time. We have received a much higher volume of emails and calls this month than we typically do and were answering the them in the order in which we received them. We hope that the full refund will help resolve your concerns. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: March 31, 2016

So I ordered some glasses and when I received them they gave me a horrible headache, so I decided to send them back. I tried calling while at work, but was left holding for a CSR for over 10 minutes each time. I couldn't be sitting on hold all day at work, so I emailed them multiple times with no response. When I finally got through to someone I was able to process a return. I didn't think twice about it until I checked my credit card statement. They refunded me 50% (so around $40 instead of the $87 I originally paid). When I called (and waited another 10 mins on hold) they informed me that because they didn't receive the glasses within 10 days that it constitutes a 50% refund. (WHAT?!) I tried as hard as I could to get in touch with the customer service department to return these glasses but it was such a headache. I've heard multiple reports from people that I work with that this is a shady company. I should've listened. Buyer beware.

39dollarglasses.com Company Profile