4.53/5
Based on 152 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

39DollarGlasses.com is the top online optical store for all your prescription eyewear and contact lens needs. Our friendly customer service team is happy to help answer any questions you may have. With quality products, fast shipping, and a knowledgeable staff, 39DollarGlasses is the best place to get a custom crafted pair of prescription glasses or contact lenses at the lowest prices around.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 20, 2018

305 39dollarglasses.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

Ordering at 39 Dollar Glasses is super easy and anytime I do my order, I just ask them to give me the same glasses they gave me last time. It was the first one on the list and it worked. I'm also satisfied with the quality. They hold up just as well as the $300 pair. I ordered online the first time but now I just call them and ask them to do it for me. Shipping has been perfect as well. I recommend 39 Dollar Glasses to people all the time.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I was looking online and I came across 39DollarGlasses.com. I liked their name and so far, I have ordered twice from them. Their online purchase process was very easy and the first few pairs I got were shipped really fast. My second order has not arrived yet but I only ordered it about a week ago, so I'd give it a couple more days before I check on it.

I also had a few phone calls with their customer service which were really nice. I called them last week and told them that one of the handles of one of the glasses I got from them locked. I bought them last November and only wore them twice. Everything was cheap and it just came apart. I didn't really have time to explain or go back to everything and I needed a new pair of sunglasses so their rep said that they'd repair it for a year. She sent me a printable invoice to have the glasses sent back and have it replaced. Now I have another to wear again. Other than that, 39 Dollar Glasses is great and I have no problems with them.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I am very happy with the level of service provided by your company. My contact points have all been pleasant and helpful and I am very happy with you all working with me to correct an erroneous prescription that was the fault of others. I will 100% be recommending you to anyone I know with glasses.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I've placed three orders total with 39 Dollar Glasses, and my first round was just for the price. At $40, I wouldn't be out a lot of money if they turned out to be lousy. And then, I came back for a second purchase about a year later, and then two years after, I bought prescription sunglasses and a pair of glasses at the same time. So, I've got four products total out of three orders and everything's been very quick. The first two times I ordered with them, they had a function through their website where you upload a photo, place the frame and post it on your face. That was good in terms of figuring out which glasses would work best. This last time, they didn't have that service running, so I contacted them and they were really nice about it. They said that function was being rebuilt. So, it was more difficult this last time because I was ordering the glasses blind. But they do have a way you can print a true-to-size PDF of the frame, and I did that for all of my orders.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I tried out 39 Dollar Glasses and I like it. I needed glasses and I have to choose somebody who can make me as fast as possible and at an exceptional price. I stayed with 39 Dollar Glasses and their ordering process is easy. I made a little mistake in the beginning with the order, but it actually was my fault because I should have read more carefully all the information before I placed an order. I had to return the first order I had to have a different frame since the frame size didn't work out for me. They said I'm going to get that soon. Then the second one I ordered came and I'm happy to wear it. Everything was fine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Original review: April 3, 2018

First off, I have been a customer of 39dollarglasses.com for over 10 years and have NEVER had any issues, from ordering to delivery. Probably purchased 20 pair of glasses over that time frame, for myself, wife, children and elderly mother. Your company has saved me at least $5500. Last month, having placed an order for 2 pair of glasses and inquiring as to the status/ship date for these, Thomas **, Contact Lens Department Coordinator very quickly provided me the information AND upgraded the shipping method. We received both pair (Iowa) 2 days later! I never expected that and had to believe that since NY was under like the 3rd or 4th winter storm, the weather had something to do with the slight delay in completing the order. Anyway... outstanding customer service AGAIN! I will continue to be a loyal customer. Thank you 39dollarglassses!

Original review: March 30, 2018

I highly recommend 39 Dollar Glasses as a superb Company with excellent glasses, first rate Customer Service (David and Tiffany are the BEST!!) and terrific follow up with technical assistance you can trust! Problem prescriptions are no problem for this Company and I can certainly attest to that by my purchases over the past 10 years plus!

Original review: March 29, 2018

My brother’s wife had bought something from 39dollarglasses.com and she gave me the website. I liked the price. I broke my glasses and I was looking at a minimum of $350 and $129 sounded a whole lot better. I tried to order online, but I didn’t really understand it. I had my prescription, but I didn’t know what the numbers and the abbreviations meant, so I got the phone number from the website and called and they walked me through the steps. I was only on hold for four minutes. And the representative was very helpful. There was only one thing on my prescription that I didn’t understand and they wrote it a different way than the way what she was asking me for. But it was the only number that was left, so we figured that had to have been it. And the glasses worked.

I've already recommended 39dollarglasses.com to other people. I'm not really thrilled about having plastic frames, but for the price, I can't really complain. The ones that I had were metal and being in construction, I take my new ones off and I put them in the case and stick them in my pocket all the time because I'm terrified that they're going to break. They should have more longevity.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 26, 2018

I ordered my glasses 3 weeks ago. They advertise their glasses to ship out 2-7 business days. Well, 2 weeks later, I heard no update. I called up the company to inquire about the status of my order. They then informed me that my glasses failed their final inspection and that they were remaking them again. Told me that they would expedite the process. A week later, still no update. I called up again with my complaint. The agent was rude. "Well, tough luck. You just need to wait." was their basic response. I asked if they would do something like give a discount or something to make me happy. I was responded with the same rude voice "Well, maybe. For your next order" (as if I will ever use this company again because of this horrible customer service?).

I asked to speak to the supervisor. The agent responded "Ok, but you will need to wait till the end of the day when he has the time to call you." At that point, I was speechless. 4 days later, the status of my order was still pending, NO UPDATE! I called up again reluctantly, very frustrated, the agent told me their computer system was down and asked if I could call up later or tomorrow. I asked to talk to the supervisor. Then she hang up on me.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Mihoko

We apologize for the experience you have had with our service team. Please understand that we take great pride in offering friendly, helpful customer service and would never want any of our customers to feel unwelcome when they reach out to us with their questions or concerns.

We sincerely apologize for the delay of your order and we're sorry to hear about your experience with our customer service representative. We will continue to monitor and review the situation accordingly and you will be contacted by our Customer Service Manager today.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you have any further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.,

Original review: March 26, 2018

I googled cheap glasses online and came across a couple of other ones but they weren’t actually that cheap. They were rather expensive and their selection was a little different from 39 Dollar Glasses. I needed a pair of glasses quickly so I went to 39 Dollar Glasses and their website seemed to be very easy. I didn’t have to completely sign into it or download a whole bunch of information. They weren’t trying to push you to put a picture of yourself on there so you could see your glasses. It was an option that was there but they didn’t push it. That was why I stuck with them.

Their website is user-friendly, very easy and really simple to maneuver through. As long as you have the correct information from your eye doctor and you copy it directly onto there, it’s pretty good. But at one point, their shipping took a little longer than I anticipated. My prescription is a little more complicated and the glasses style that I ordered wasn’t fit for that. It took them a little extra time to get somebody in there to do it the right way. That was exactly what they explained to me and I accepted that and they still got me the glasses that I wanted. As a matter of fact, because it took that long, they shipped them express for free. The glasses were perfectly done too.

That was the only thing I had a little problem with. Otherwise, they were very smooth and easy. On top of that, they have a wide selection at incredibly cheap prices. That was really surprising. The last time I bought a pair of reading glasses and a pair of sunglasses, the bill was less than $100. So far, we've bought six pairs of glasses in total from there now. We also ordered some driving glasses for my daughter recently. I love this company and I have recommended them several times.

Insufficient response received
Original review: March 25, 2018

I'm always in the market for glasses with no nose pads and the longest arms possible (greater than 140mm if possible). No nose pads usually means plastic frames. This leaves me two selections in about two or three different colors each on 39dollarglasses.com. I live overseas most the year, so returning something that malfunctions is usually not an option for me. The first pair of glasses was one of their "Clark" plastic frames that the plastic felt so brittle, I was scared to open or close them or do anything other than lightly set them on my face and never use them anywhere except at my desk. The prescription was excellent though. Sure enough, in less than a year, both arms broke off with the minimalist of pressure. The hinge mounts broke right out of the plastic.

I ended up drilling a hole where the hinge mounts ripped out and using zip ties for hinges. I think these will still work in a pinch. The second pair was the "Stuyvesant" plastic frames. These were similar price but much better quality. Once again, perfect prescription. However, the hinges came super tight to where you were afraid to open and close them AND they came bent so bad that when you set them on the desk one arm was literally about an inch off the desk. When you put them on your face, it looked like you'd been punched in the face and your glasses were all cockeyed. However, I fixed them as best I could and still use them to this day as a backup pair.

Since all their plastic frame selections were like something Buddy Holly would wear and not very good quality. I decided to use their re-lensing service from here on out and just buy frames elsewhere or use my older frames... The first pair I re-lensed was a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses. Excellent prescription once again. The only negative thing I have to say about them is that the frames were curved and so the lens they found to put in them pops out somewhat easy when you're cleaning them, but overall I'm happy with it. I'm using them now. However, it feels like I've cleaned them so much the prescription has started to change or something. They aren't scratched. The Stuyvesants don't have this issue and just seem more clear at this point.

Last but not least, I sent them a pair of Oakley Servo XLs (larger version of Oakley Servo, but much harder to find) and all was well. However, when I got them back, my prescription had slightly changed and it was way off. I could kind of see, but was like I was looking through a coke bottle bottom. I could really only see what was about three feet in front of me and nothing else... And it felt like the earth was spinning when I turned my head. So, they graciously RMAed them for me with a return label and everything. However, after four weeks my glasses are still MIA. So, I emailed support and ask where they are. I was told they will be QAed next week and in the mail. No problem. When the end of "next week" rolls around, I was told, "Unfortunately your frame has broken during production and was discarded in error." What? I thought they were in QA?

They refunded my order, but I am out the $100+ for the Oakleys. Somewhere in that conversation is a lie or more on their part. I was offered one of their frames for free. However, I feel their frames are mostly worthless in my size... and in general. Customer support sent half-baked replies too. That might have been the issue with the Oakleys. However, I sent my prescription along with the order so they would hopefully give me what I need in case I chose the wrong thing. So much for that idea. In the future, I will just harass them until I know exactly what I need to choose during the checkout process. I can't say I will rule them out completely in the future, but I'm going to shop around first rather than going straight to them. I'm somewhere between two and three stars, dissatisfied and satisfied.

Original review: March 25, 2018

My first order was a few years ago and since then, I've ordered half a dozen pairs of glasses and sunglasses through 39dollarglasses.com. I've recommended them a couple of times too. Their products are really affordable and of good quality. I’m in a Coast Guard and they get a lot of wear and tear. I had the old ones for a year at least and that was pretty good. The website is easy to navigate too, and the customer service has been really good. Anytime I’ve had issues, I just call and somebody usually answers and helps me out.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Ordering at 39 Dollar Sunglasses is very easy. They have everything set up where there are drop menus. You put in your measurements and prescription, then pick out the glasses that you want and the features that you want on them, like if you want photogray or if you want sunglasses, then you just send it off. And a week to three weeks later, your glasses arrive. I recently bought two pairs of glasses for my daughter, and I bought another extra pair for me. The more features that you put on it, the longer it takes to be shipped. This time, I just ordered basic glasses so I got them within three or four days. That’s not bad for the price, and I’m happy with all of them whenever I order. I’ve never had any issues and I don’t have to deal with them, and that’s what I like. They're cheap, easy and convenient.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I’ve had pretty good success with everything I bought from 39 Dollar Glasses and I’ve bought a lot of glasses from them, over 10 pairs. I’ve always used varifocal and they’re good. They’re thin and accurate. Ordering was easy as well. And they were shipped and delivered within the expected timeframe too. The only negative was that I bought several pairs of sunglasses, and the tinting was so light that they were virtually useless as sunglasses. So, I stopped buying them. But that was a long time ago. 39 Dollar Glasses has good quality and good value.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I have been a fan of 39DollarGlasses for a few years, so when I received my newest pair and found the RX to be incorrect, I contacted them and was courteously and quickly sent another pair. Unfortunately, the error was not corrected and I was asked to return them a second time. I instead opted to contact customer service to state that in the event the 3rd pair were also incorrect, I would like to send them back together and ask for a full refund. It took 4 emails to get to David, but he looked into it, found the problem, offered to correct and send my new glasses right away. I was about to look for another provider, but David saved the day. I should be receiving my glasses and am hoping for the best. In the interim, I would like to say that the day David handled my problem, is the same way I would have treated any customer of mine. I truly appreciate your professionalism and admire that you did the right thing, by a long time customer. Thanks again David.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I’ve been with 39 Dollar Glasses a couple of years now and they're always generally good convenience-wise, though you lose the benefit of actually having a product in hand. Ordering from them is very easy. You pick what you need and it’s super-quick. They do a really good job on transition lenses, which is way cheaper than getting them anywhere else.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We've been ordering from 39 Dollar Glasses for three years and the process is fine. If I ever have anything that we have to return, we get the authorization done through email and it’s taken care of. The latest order was a pair of Astoria glasses. The client picked them out and liked the metal frame. I also personally use 39 Dollar Glasses and it’s always been easy. We're happy with all of the options and different things. The anti-glare works well with using the computer screen daily.

There was one time that I was having an issue with needing a receipt and I was able to talk with customer service by phone, and I had it emailed to me within a 24-hour turnaround. I also really appreciate the coupon codes that come along with the purchasing of the glasses online as they make the glasses that much cheaper and much more affordable. 39 Dollar Glasses is a very easy process to order, very reasonably-priced and you can get glasses compared to an actual “going into an eye doctor”, saving about 75 percent.

Original review: March 11, 2018

39 Dollar Glasses has awesome glasses and great prices. Their ordering process is super easy and self-explanatory. I just go online and pick the glasses I like. If I want to see what they look like on me, I upload a photo, go through the process, put in my prescription, choose my lenses and check out. This most recent time, I went with a backup pair of reading glasses for my daughter. They're super cute and she loves them. I also like the anti-scratch and anti-glare coating of the lenses. Plus I got them a day before they said they would be there.

A few years ago, I had to return a pair of glasses because they did not look good on my face. I was able to call them, get the information for the return and return the glasses. They were able to use the lenses that were in the wrong glasses and cut them to fit the new glasses, so there wasn’t any additional charge for that. And then they shipped them back to me in a timely manner, which was great. 39 Dollar Glasses is quick and efficient. They're also cheap and they have lots of selections. I have told three people in my building about them.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I've been very pleased with 39 Dollar Glasses. I've been their customer for 10 years and they've improved over time. They're really on top of things now. Their products are affordable. I lose glasses all the time and I ordered about 25 times from them. Their ordering process is nice and now, they pick up the phone which changed because that was something that was always hard. Before, it took forever to get to them, then I had to email. But now, they have people manning the phone, so business must be good. They can afford to do that now, which is great. They also improved the shipping time frame which now takes 10 days. They really turn it around quick now, which they never used to do, though it was never bad.

One time, I sent back a pair of glasses because the prescription came in wrong. I called them because the default was a certain number. Apparently, I didn't put in the number and it defaulted to their number, which didn’t seem that far apart. Still, it wasn’t right. But it wasn’t their fault as they didn’t have all the information. They sent me a pre-paid postage return and I was told that they could give me a credit form or they'd make them over or make me something else, whatever I wanted. I also find that their glasses come through more precise than what I've gotten in the past from the optometrist. I really like what they do and I always recommend them.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Thomas is the MAN! My Zurich frames had broken, and I was basically ready to give up once I seen that they were discontinued. Thomas however, took the extra step to see if they had any in stock and WOW!!! Lo and behold, he was shipping me a pair!!! That is what I call service. Please, save yourself some money and check out why and how I feel that 39DollarGlasses BEATS the competitors down with great service and care.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I'm not the most organized person and I keep on breaking or losing my glasses. So, I like cheap ones which I could keep on ordering whenever I need to find some more glasses. I get my money's worth with 39 Dollar Glasses and I've been their customer for years now. I like it when they send me special discounts, like a $15 off discount, so I can get even cheaper glasses. They're also pretty prompt as I get my items within a week of the order. They're reliable people, too. I like the company and I would recommend my friends to use them if they're looking to buy some glasses.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I had several problems ordering new glasses. All turned out to be my fault. This is how 39DollarGlasses dealt with them. 1st problem - Couldn't order online. Discovered later that my HSA (healthcare savings acct) visa that I seldom use was expired. I called customer service for help. Talked to David. David is friendly, professional, great to joke with. Actually one of the most enjoyable experiences ordering something online. 39Dollar doesn't appear to outsource their customer service. All are employees. All top notch as you'll read below.

2nd problem - Receive ticket for expired drivers license, thus the time pressure to receive. Worse, old eyeglass prescription was so old, my eyesight was better with no glasses than my 5 yr old ones. Asked David if they could complete order in the 2-4 days claimed to be typical on website. Yes! Called on the 4th day morning and talked to Tiffany. Asked for status. She said they SHOULD ship today; glasses are in final inspection. Me: I need shipping TODAY, even if they fail inspection. I can live with lens scratch, slightly off prescription, etc. I'll buy another pr that's perfect later. She couldn't guarantee shipping today but felt they would after talking to Production Manager. They understand the importance and will do everything they can. I crossed my fingers and prayed. I called again an hour before closing. Yes, they have shipped. I received the glasses the next day as promised.

3rd problem - Went to drivers license bureau the day after. Passed the vision test for left eye, both eyes, but not the right. Good enough for Texas but I wanted to find out what was wrong before ordering another pr. Was it the prescription? The glasses? I entered info wrong? Something else? Went to optometrist who checked prescription and tested corrected eyesight again. Also checked lenses. Everything perfect except one thing: the glasses were too small for my face. This resulted in the center of the right lens being too high for my pupil. Has to be centered to work right.

Called 39Dollar and talked to Thomas. He said they guarantee their glasses. Gave me an RMA and issued a Prepaid postage label to return. Said they will remake. I said, "It's not your fault. I didn't realize I have such a big fat head. I ordered the wrong glasses. I need a bigger size." Thomas says, "Not a problem; just note that with the return." They'll make new glasses, new frames, even with new prescription. Everything at no cost to me. "Wow, that's great, but again, it's my fault; not yours. You don't have to do that. I'll buy another pr; keep these for backup." Response: "No, a different pr is not a problem. This is what we do." Unbelievable customer service. This place is amazing! Everyone I talked to is like one of the best customer service people I've ever talked to in my life. I don't know how this company finds employees, trains them and keeps them motivated but I am super impressed. 5 stars. Highly recommend.

Original review: March 1, 2018

39 Dollar Glasses have the best prices and so far, I've ordered 20 times from them. I've been ordering from them for years and I usually have a good experience. Their process has been getting a little easier and it's nice because you have an account set up, then you can check your latest prescriptions. So, you don't need your prescription slip right in front of you and you always have your prescription on hand. Then, when you change the prescription, it automatically updates. The glasses I got from them are good quality, too, and they get delivered pretty fast. They've made so many glasses for me and my prescription hasn't changed that much, so maybe they have their thing already set up for me

They have good customer service as well. If they did something incorrect on the glasses, they send you a return label and you send it right back. Then, they fix it and send you another pair which usually takes less than two weeks. When people tells me they like my glasses, I say that I bought them online and I give the 39 Dollars Glasses website. The next time I see them, they have a pair of my glasses on.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I’ve been ordering from 39 Dollar Glasses for the last three years. I purchased glasses and sunglasses prescription. The first time I used them, they got the order right. Initially, they made my glasses wrong. They put the wrong pupillary distance in there. And before they sent them off, they fixed their issue, and called me back, and told me that there is going to be delay in the glasses which was fine. It took extra week and a half for me to get my glasses. But right when they found out, they did it right. They didn’t send me something wrong.

They had good customer service. They were open about their policies and their price was really cheap. That was the best. I was able to get two pairs instead of one for my price essentially. Also, they have a good return policy. But the process isn’t exactly the best. I’m not too fast to move forward. But if you were, you will kind of want to be able to put the glasses on yourself, and try them out. So, it’s just like ordering anything online, where you never really know. You can read the dimensions but you’d never really know what it’s going to look like on your face.

Also, I’ve had a nose piece fall off. And I wear the glasses so much, I want to have the flexible hinges. The first order I ever got from them didn’t have flexible hinges on them. And so, now I have to make sure that they do. Even so, the glasses from 39 Dollar Glasses are high-quality products. I’m a marine engineer, and I’m blind as a bat, and I wear them 24/7 including in the shower. The only time I’m not wearing them is when I’m going to bed. I’ve already recommended 39 Dollar Glasses to people. I have told people about it but they are hesitant about buying things online.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I have been buying from $39 Glasses since I first heard about them years ago. This last order went a bit sideways, partially due to my misunderstanding an online special. The short version is this - I called in, spoke to a representative, tried to show them the advert I'd responded to, but couldn't quite get that accomplished. I called back and spoke with a lady named Tiffany - she knew about the advert I'd seen, found my old records of previous purchases, answered all of my questions, offered some good advice, and saved the day. As much as I like online shopping, when things don't go quite right, it's nice to know that there's someone like Tiffany to wave a magic wand and make it all work out.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I have been buying glasses for my kids from 39 Dollar Glasses for a long time. They have good deals occasionally. Last week, I got my son two pairs. I needed to get him new glasses for his new prescription on his eyes and the ones I got were at $15 off for each pair. Their ordering process is fine. And although I understand that they have to make them, their shipping, unless you expedite it, seems slow. I repair BMW and Mercedes cars and I could get stuff from Europe if I have to within a week. It shouldn't take long to get stuff with the technology that we've got.

Other than that, when I call their customer service reps and talk to them, they take the prescription information and everything is cut and dry. I never had any issues. Overall, it's good to deal with 39 Dollar Glasses and I'd recommend them. I've seen cheaper prices that were advertised. But since I've dealt with 39 Dollar Glasses for a long time, I have more understanding about the quality I get from them. So I'll stick with them even though sometimes people try to use price to blur you away.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I have been a client of 39dollar for over 7, perhaps 8 years now. To date, every single shopping experience has been my pleasure. Quality products, timely delivery, great service... NOTE: I had problem & personally broke a frame. Even though I'd had the goods for well over a year? 39 sent me a replacement immediately & at no cost, not even postage! Who does that? And for these prices? Shucks, Some pizza dinners cost more than their great glasses!

Lastly & of paramount importance, the entire staff with whom I have dealt have been in a word, TREMENDOUS! Notably & measurably Today, I thoroughly enjoyed dealing w/ Tiffany. She was lovely, a delight & listened patiently for both my needs and my bad jokes. She knew her products, prices & additionally got me a 15% discount. In this crazy, meshuggah world in which we live those who do extraordinary work do not get their due consideration, IMO. Tiffany well deserves kudos & plaudits for a job well done. The company would & could not be as successful without quality employees, such as Tiffany. To both her, the staff & the "suits",many, many thanks, I'm most grateful.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I love this company and website!!! Super amazing just amazing!!! The quality and price are just unfounded! I've been wearing glasses my entire life... and I've NEVER had such an easy, enjoyable experience. Not have I EVER received such high quality frames, lenses or customer service... not to mention the easy replacement policy and breakage policy! They are truly WONDERFUL!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I have been buying glasses from 39 Dollar Glasses for seven years now. I like that they have a quick turnaround and they have good services when I had to call with questions or problems. I am also happy that they're affordable and that they often run specials. Recently, I ordered my glasses and I haven't received them yet, but I didn't put any special rush on them either. Since I've had excellent service with them in the past, I don't expect any other problems.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

The glasses I got from 39DollarGlasses.com come apart and they don't last as long as the ones from the optometrist's office. But they are fine as a pair to have in case of emergency or to leave next to the computer. Also, their notification regarding shipping has been very erratic. They usually send you an email then you can track your order before you get them. But one time I ordered and I never got notified that it was shipped. The glasses just appeared. I made another order last Friday and I'm still waiting to hear if it got shipped.

39DollarGlasses.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded by eye doctors, 39DollarGlasses.com offers the same high quality prescription glasses found in brick-and-mortar stores at a fraction of the price.

• Deep discounts: With glasses available for as little at $39, this online retailer has some of the least expensive pairs around.

• Free returns: If glasses are not as advertised or are damaged during shipping, buyers can send them back at no cost.

• Free shipping options: With a qualifying order, standard shipping is free, with several expedited options available for a small fee.

• Worry free warranty: 39DollarGlasses.com offers 120 days from delivery to return glasses for a 50 percent refund or exchange credit.

• Toddler glasses: Not only do they sell a wide variety of adult frames and lenses, they also have glasses designed just for toddlers.

• Best for: Kids, Teens and Contacts wearers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs