ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.46/5

39DollarGlasses.com is the top online optical store for all your prescription eyewear and contact lens needs. Our friendly customer service team is happy to help answer any questions you may have. With quality products, fast shipping, and a knowledgeable staff, 39DollarGlasses is the best place to get a custom crafted pair of prescription glasses or contact lenses at the lowest prices around.

View More View More
39dollarglasses.com(800) 672-6304

39dollarglasses.com Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I’m horrible with glasses. I'll put them on and drop them. And so, the idea of me paying a lot of money for a pair glasses, I might as well take it out in the yard and burn it. I saw 39DollarGlasses, and they’re pretty high-quality glasses. They’re not the things you see at the checkout counter at Walmart. I took a chance and ordered a pair and was impressed with how well they worked.

They’re really good. However, there ought to be a tutorial video when people are not sure about how they’re gonna do glasses. Some glasses just aren’t big enough for your fat head or some glasses don't fit your skinny head. Not all of them come in sizes that fit everybody’s head. Also, there’s always confusion about if someone said, as you get older, you’ll need a pair of glasses. You end up needing glasses for reading glasses, for watching television, glasses for driving, and it’s the same prescription, but you’re dealing with the focal length. And most people don’t know what that means. It's better if 39 Dollar Glasses had something that would show people how it works.

Get expert buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

39DollarGlasses is an outstanding provider of quality frames and lenses. My wife and I have been using their services since 2008 and have never been disappointed. Their online site is extremely user friendly, making it easy to order. The turn around time is excellent. Over the years as our vision has changed, we have ordered dozens of pairs of glasses and will continue to do so in the future. The personnel are knowledgeable and very helpful. Thank you 39 Dollar Glasses for saving us thousands of dollars over the years.

Sondra - New York City

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Sondra! Thank you for being such a loyal customer. Since the year 2000 when we first started selling eyewear, it has always been our mission to provide high quality eyeglasses to the public at an extremely discounted price. We are so glad that you have been able to purchase your glasses from us over the last 10 years; we are excited to know that you have saved that much money over the years and certainly look forward to having you back to purchase your eyewear for many years to come :)

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

To Whom It May Concern/Supervisor of Tiffany **,

There is one employee identifiable to me, whom is solely responsible for having made up for a what was a horrible experience for me, not so much because I had to wait for so long for my glasses, but because of the service I received while I waited. Because of 1 employee, instead of my struggling to decide if I would rate my experience "zero or one star", I am able to say that this experience was turned around, that I am happy with the experience. The reason I am happy with my experience, is because Tiffany ** apologized for every shortcoming, lack of professionalism, and inappropriate, rude comment made by the representatives prior to her involvement, as well as those who undid her good work to make things right.

If you review the trail of calls and written communications (email), you should be able to decipher each detail for yourself. In essence, all the way down to the last good faith effort Tiffany made, upgrading my shipping so that I could receive the re-order a couple of days sooner, since it was running behind your projected timeline, there seemed to be an endless supply of employees who clearly were not paying attention to details, in this last detail, failing to read her instructions to upgrade the shipping.

I have to apologize for taking so long to complete this review, which is unfortunately, loaded with negative commentary where it concerns customer service and attention to details, with exception to, namely, Tiffany **. I hope that you realize the extreme value added to your company, to the customers experience, by having Tiffany ** as an employee. She truly is responsible for restoring my faith in your company. Every representative who only made my experience progressively worse, could learn much from her, as to how to handle problems with orders, not only in their resolution, but in mitigating any additional undesired experiences. It has taken me over a month to come back to your website, in order to select my complimentary order, thanks also, to Tiffany ** I will be looking through your frames and placing my order within the next few hours, crossing my fingers that she may have a part in processing this order.

Respectfully,

Anne

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Anne, Your feedback is much appreciated and we are glad that Tiffany was able to accommodate your needs appropriately. She is an asset to our team and glad to have her here with us :)

Original review: June 15, 2019

I ordered 2 pairs of prescription sunglasses on 5/30/19 and received them today, 6/15/19. I was disappointed at first because after one week, it still only said my order was processing on the "tracking" part of the website. I tried calling the company and was on hold for 10 minutes so I hung up and emailed them instead. They responded back within the next day and told me it was still processing and that it would be shipped out shortly. I decided to give it another week because I'm basically blind and I figured my prescription was probably a bit more difficult to make, especially for two pairs of sunglasses.

So I waited exactly one more week and emailed them back after checking the website again, where it still said my order was processing. This time, they got back to me in the same day, and told me that they shipped my order out! It shipped on a Thursday and I got them only TWO days later on Saturday!!!! I was so shocked that I got them THAT QUICK, but that also could be because they are based in New Jersey (I think), and I'm only in Pennsylvania, so not too far at all!

As for the glasses themselves, I was scared because I read reviews after I already purchased them about people not being able to see out of theirs, or the prescription being wrong, but I think that's mostly due to user error...my doctor wrote my prescription on a blank piece of paper and I was still able to figure it out based on the instructions that the website gave! I wore the glasses outside today and have absolutely no complaints!!

The frames are very thin, and my lenses are extremely thick, so it sticks out a little but it doesn't feel cheaply made or like the lenses are gonna pop out or anything. I'm used to my lenses sticking out because I have a MUCH higher prescription than lots of other people, but beware of that if that's something that will bother you. So, all in all I give it a 10/10!!! This is the first time I've EVER had prescription sunglasses and I'm so glad that I chose this company. They really did an amazing job!!

Original review: March 28, 2019

Both my wife and I have been 39 Dollar Glasses customers for six years. We were with Four Eyes before and 39 Dollar Glasses is half the price. The only difficult thing about the ordering process is getting someone else to take the distance between the middle of your pupil and the outside of the frame because whoever you bought glasses from before won't disclose what that is for you to be able to order online. The website has a paper ruler though.

I'm 60 and used to use wire frame glasses. Now, we buy schoolboy style glasses with black plastic frames. Their quality is fine. They're identical to what we have from Four Eyes. Once, I took a shot at Glasses For You and the glasses weren’t anywhere near the same quality. They were incredibly cheap and poorly made. 39 Dollar Glasses gets the right balance of quality and price. I don’t see any competitor to them out there. Plus, they have an offer that if you don’t like your glasses for any reason, send them back and they’ll credit the account. One time, when the glasses came in and I didn’t like them, that was what happened and I had no problem, whatsoever. Overall, we're happy with 39 Dollar Glasses. We've used them in the past and we'll use them in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I was googling affordable glasses, and then 39dollarglasses.com popped up. I’ve been using them for a long time now, since 2015. Ordering from them is really easy as long as you have your prescription - just put your transcription, choose your glasses, and then it offers different lenses, and then you check out. And then it also gives coupons and points, and so I would always save money too. And then the shipping was also really fast. It would come within a time frame, but I would always get it a few days before that. The quality's really good, too. I’m also getting ready to order my son a pair.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

There is a miscommunication among staffs to assist customers. I asked how to cancel my order for sea view frame and one of the staff went ahead and canceled my order. After I said I did not officially request to cancel, she/he placed the new order with different order number (which is called remake). However, the order she canceled by mistake became back to be in progress. So in the end, I have received 2 same pairs of glasses that I don't want. They are heavy, slide down to my face and out of focus vision.

I have returned one and asked to return the second pair for refund. They said there is no refund at this time but option to remake at 50% fee. I do not want any more glasses from this company but just want to return their products and get my money back. The miscommunication and remake order are not my fault and that, I should receive my refund as their return policy is applied. The company lies when they stated "100% no worry guarantee." It is a joke! Do not buy.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

My glasses were over 15 years old. I could not see! At 64, I know that I need all that I can get in reference to a good pair of glasses. My son saw me using a magnifying glass to read, & decided that 15 years was long enough! He ordered me $39 glasses, at $39 glasses. By the time he added all that he thought I needed in a pair of quality glasses, the total was only $119!! I received my glasses yesterday. I could not stop crying once I placed them on my nose. I CAN SEE!!!! I am an avid reader & artist. Not being able to see to read was just depressing me, big time. Even worse, not being able to drive at night! I wanted to say, THANK YOU!!

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Cathy! We are extremely happy to hear of your experience with us. We are saddened to hear that it took you this long to find us but certainly glad that we have a new loyal customer such as yourself :) It has always been our mission to provide the public with affordable prescription eyewear that are of the same quality you would find locally :) Thank you for your kind words, we truly do appreciate you as a customer!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I recently purchased a frame with progressive lenses at a cost of $139. I am fine with that. I have a second frame, also purchased from 39DollarGlasses, identical model/color to the recently purchased frame. They want $133.95 to install the same progressive lenses in these identical frames! Lenses are $80 with the frames but increase to $119 + custom frame fee if I send them my 2nd frame! It is not custom, it is THEIR frame!! How can lenses be only $5 less than an entire set of glasses? All I wanted was for them to send me the lenses and I would install them in the second frame myself, giving me 2 pair of identical glasses.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Darryll, we apologize for any confusion however the price of our lens packages basically come with a free set of $39 frames therefore, if you were to order a $39 frame from us with progressive lenses, the frame would essentially be of no cost to the customer. If a customer decides to order a frame that costs more than $39, the difference in price will simply be added to the lens package price. When re-lensing a frame that you currently own, the lens package price does not change therefore, the price for progressive lenses would be $119 regardless if you order a brand new $39 frame or, choose to re-lens a frame in which you currently own. This could be verified by attempting to place a "mock" order on our site. If you happen to choose any $39 frame, you will see that the price for the frame and lenses together will be the same price as the lens package chosen if you were to re-lens your own frame. Please use this link to view all of our lens package prices (these prices shown apply to both ordering a $39 frame of ours or, re-lensing your own frame):https://www.39dollarglasses.com/price-list . Unfortunately, in order to re-lens a frame that you currently own, we will need the frames sent to our facility as we do not ship out cut lenses on their own. Part of the service in which we provide is to cut, fit and ensure the lenses are correctly placed within the frames we are using therefore, it would not be possible for us to send out just the lenses. If you wish to place an order for re-lensing a frame you currently own and it is a frame that we have sold to you in the past, we can certainly waive the $14.95 re-lensing fee as a courtesy. The reason in which we charge a re-lensing handling fee when using your own frame is that there is additional work involved when processing this type of order. There are extra steps taken to ensure lenses are made for a pair of frames in which we currently do not stock within our lab. If you wish to take advantage of this type of order, please feel free to place the order over the website at www.39dollarglasses.com by hovering your mouse over "Eyeglasses" and then clicking on "Relens your frame". From there, you will need to fill out the required fields and place your order. Once your order is placed, please customer Customer Support at 1-800-672-6304 and we will waive/remove the $14.95 handling fee for you. You will need to package the frames up and send them to our facility in order for production to start on your order. The instructions for sending us your frame will be sent to you once the order is placed, via email. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact our Customer Support team and we will be more than happy to assist you with whatever questions you may have!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I ordered glasses from Evon at 39dollarglasses.com, and it was the worst experience, I did Not order online, I called and spoke with Evon, I think she said that she was the owner, for I told Evon that my order has to be 30% Light Gray Tint, and she said it will, and I also sent Evon an email stating that it has to be 30% Tint, and today I received the glasses and they were 90% Tint. So whatever you do, do Not buy glasses from this place, for they will never give you the glasses you want, and they are rude over the phone, so now I have to go to the post office and wait in a long line to send these damn glasses back!

39DollarGlasses.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded by eye doctors, 39DollarGlasses.com offers the same high quality prescription glasses found in brick-and-mortar stores at a fraction of the price.

• Deep discounts: With glasses available for as little at $39, this online retailer has some of the least expensive pairs around.

• Free returns: If glasses are not as advertised or are damaged during shipping, buyers can send them back at no cost.

• Free shipping options: With a qualifying order, standard shipping is free, with several expedited options available for a small fee.

• Worry free warranty: 39DollarGlasses.com offers 120 days from delivery to return glasses for a 50 percent refund or exchange credit.

• Toddler glasses: Not only do they sell a wide variety of adult frames and lenses, they also have glasses designed just for toddlers.

• Best for: Kids, Teens and Contacts wearers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team