Call toll free
4.34/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

39DollarGlasses.com is the top online optical store for all your prescription eyewear and contact lens needs. Our friendly customer service team is happy to help answer any questions you may have. With quality products, fast shipping, and a knowledgeable staff, 39DollarGlasses is the best place to get a custom crafted pair of prescription glasses or contact lenses at the lowest prices around.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

412 39dollarglasses.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 12, 2019

I reordered a pair of glasses, and the company sent me frames that were bent. They looked terrible. 39 Dollar Glasses gave a refund for the frames but refused to refund me for shipping even though the issue was their fault. I won’t be purchasing from them again.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I ordered two pairs of glasses from this website on March 17, 2019, and today is April 7, 2019. It has been nearly a month and when I checked the website they said glasses usually come within 14 days maximum. I also contacted the website via e-mail about 3 days ago and I still haven't gotten any reply or any update. The order status has been the same for about 3 weeks now and I either want a refund or an estimated time for my glasses to be delivered.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I heard about 39 Dollar Glasses through a friend of mine from work. They are cheaper compared to others. I've ordered from them a lot and the 8 glasses I got from them have become my accessory. I wear a different color every day. My prescription is stored, and now, I know the measurements, so I can go in and look up the measurements. So it’s a little too easy. The glasses are also pretty good. I have my original pair that I got from the optometrist and the screws don’t tighten as well and a little flimsier. I recommend 39 Dollar Glasses all the time.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Like Carl's review of 3/28/19, I was also informed that my glasses failed inspection and that they were 'expediting' new lenses. It would appear that quality production is a serious issue. Thus, eighteen days after my initial order, my glasses are still 'in progress'. Next time, I'll try anywhere else, as it's not a good deal if you do not have product to show for it. When your insurance reimbursement shows up significantly earlier than your glasses (Yea Eye Med!) you know you're in trouble.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Both my wife and I have been 39 Dollar Glasses customers for six years. We were with Four Eyes before and 39 Dollar Glasses is half the price. The only difficult thing about the ordering process is getting someone else to take the distance between the middle of your pupil and the outside of the frame because whoever you bought glasses from before won't disclose what that is for you to be able to order online. The website has a paper ruler though.

I'm 60 and used to use wire frame glasses. Now, we buy schoolboy style glasses with black plastic frames. Their quality is fine. They're identical to what we have from Four Eyes. Once, I took a shot at Glasses For You and the glasses weren’t anywhere near the same quality. They were incredibly cheap and poorly made. 39 Dollar Glasses gets the right balance of quality and price. I don’t see any competitor to them out there. Plus, they have an offer that if you don’t like your glasses for any reason, send them back and they’ll credit the account. One time, when the glasses came in and I didn’t like them, that was what happened and I had no problem, whatsoever. Overall, we're happy with 39 Dollar Glasses. We've used them in the past and we'll use them in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Original review: March 27, 2019

I ordered 2 sets of sunglasses on March 15th. Single lens nothing fancy. It is now March 27th, 12 days since the order, and I have heard nothing. In checking online, it says "in production." I have no idea what that means, or when that is finished! So I called them today. After being put on hold for "3 minutes" 10 minutes later a recording comes on and says "leave a message, and we will call you back AT OUR CONVENIENCE!" Nice - they have my money - no hurry right guys! They did call back several hours later, and they tell me the glasses would have been shipped out "but they did not pass inspection." Both Pairs? What kind of factory do you have that's making those mistakes! Why was I not informed of that - they have my phone number and my email? Do they really think it is acceptable to just leave a customer hanging for 2 weeks, with no communication?

So Now I'm being told they are being "re-made" but they have no idea how long that will take. In the meantime I head out for vacation in Mexico next week, without any sunglasses! They will expedite shipping I am told, but regardless, they doubt if they can get them done in time. Seriously guys - right now you are a week longer than Costco - and it will be at least 2 weeks, I guess I need to find another eyeglass provider. Too Bad, I was hoping for the best!

Original review: March 25, 2019

A huge thank you for 2 absolutely wonderful pairs of glasses. These were complicated prescriptions and both are perfect for me! I will highly recommend your products to anyone who asks the question we all want to hear, "Where did you get your glasses?".

Original review: March 22, 2019

I’ve been ordering regular eyeglasses and sunglasses from 39DollarGlasses over the years. I like their price, the convenience, and also quality of the products. The ordering process is easy and the shipping takes about 2 weeks, which is too long but seems reasonable because something’s being custom-made. The glasses come very well-packaged, bubble-wrapped and then in a clamshell case, so everything’s very protected. They also last as long as any other glasses. I’m probably a little rough on my glasses so I reorder them but I typically have one for 2 years. 39DollarGlasses.com is an easy way to order glasses and they can fully support the people who like to have a little wardrobe of glasses.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I’ve been getting glasses from 39 Dollar Glasses for 4 years now and they really cut the cost. I don’t see why people pay hundreds of dollars for glasses and there are less expensive companies even now. I only put on my glasses when I pop my contacts out and drive a car so I don’t want anything expensive. The ordering process with 39 Dollar Glasses has been really easy to follow and they’ve been prompt in following up. Shipping and delivery has been really quick and the glasses have arrived promptly and in good condition. I’ve been happy with the end-product too. I order from them every year as I get my eyes updated but I don’t really need to since a pair of glasses lasts me forever and I’ve had some of the glasses for several years now. All in all, I just don’t understand why people would pay more when they can get good quality glasses that are priced at $39.95.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Absolutely do not order glasses from this company. They use super cheap plastic for frames AND lenses. They filled my prescription wrong twice and would not give a full refund as advertised on website. Giving me some bogus reason that I used a "promotion" (I didn't) and therefore a refund was denied. Stay away and go to Warby Parker or have it done through your Dr. Very deceptive company.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I wanted some prescription shades and came across 39 Dollar Glasses about five years ago. I have gotten regular prescription glasses and sunglasses from them since and it has been very easy ordering through their website. However, the shipping can be a little slow and might take a week. Other than that, the products are packaged well and I’ve never had a damaged one. I’ve had a couple that’s relatively flimsy after a couple of years but I haven’t had any major failures with them. The lenses work, and typically, you just have to tighten a screw here or there. I’ve recommended them to a co-worker.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I’ve been using 39 Dollar Glasses for 8 years now and haven’t had any bad experience with them. I have a young son who goes through glasses quite frequently and their price can’t be beaten. I had the glasses checked to verify that prescriptions were correct. Every time I had that done, they were very accurate. Once you understand what the different things on a prescription mean, it is fairly easy to navigate 39 Dollar Glasses' website and order online. The shipping time is a bit lengthy though. It takes a couple of weeks to get your glasses but other than that, it’s good. They come in a hard-shell case, so I’ve never had any kind of damage in the shipment.

There was one experience I had with them where they actually tested the glasses before sending out and the glasses did not meet their quality standards. So, they had to remake the glasses and my order was delayed for another week. However, they caught their own error and they fixed it before it even got to me. I’ve had excellent service and it’s a great value.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I've purchased from 39 Dollar Glasses several times. I have done everything from reading glasses, distance glasses and progressives, including with and without transition lenses. Those products are fantastic although sometimes, finding particular frames is a problem. The situation seems to have gotten better though and everything else seems to work fine. I get the standard shipping and it takes a week or a week and a half for the product to arrive, which is a reasonable amount of time. The glasses are of good quality and I’m happy. The lenses are fine and the heavy-duty frames that I’ve chosen have held up really well. 39 Dollar Glasses was consistent and I've had no problems with them, so I never saw a reason to change.

Original review: March 6, 2019

If I need replacement eyeglasses and I need it quick, and I wanna know how much I'd pay, I'm just gonna go on 39dollarglasses.com and pick my model. They give me a couple of options for eyeglasses, and I can use my previous prescription or add a new one. It's very simple and I like it. From ordering ‘til I receive the item, it takes between five and six business days without paying any extra for shipping. It's super quick.

Original review: March 5, 2019

39 Dollar Glasses has the only pair of eyeglasses in existence that fit my face and are light enough so I don't have headaches. I have ordered them 4 times but the last time the glasses could not fit my script. Customer representative, David, miraculously was able to accommodate my needs. I now can wear glasses that make my life so much better - no headaches! This company is the best and of course the price is easy to take.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Ann! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone! We are certainly glad to have David here and very happy that you were satisfied with both the Customer Service and product we were able to provide to you :) We look forward to helping you with your eyeglass needs for many more years to come!

Original review: March 5, 2019

I don’t have vision coverage and I went looking online to find something, so I could afford to buy glasses. I found 39 Dollar Glasses, ordered glasses, and they sent them to me. I've been using them for a couple years now and shipping takes a little over a week, but they make sure that’s clear when you order. The glasses break fairly easy, but they last a year or so, and for the price, they do what they need to do. Whenever I needed glasses, I was able to get them simply. After the first time I ordered, I stayed with a certain kind of glasses and they're great.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Having worked for over 35 years with three major insurance companies in four US cities and later in Italy, I feel qualified to recognize talent (and other) when I see it. I had the chance to speak with Thomas... and to exchange several emails. His quick perception of the problem and willingness to personally dedicate his time immediately was most impressive. My compliments.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Gary! We sincerely appreciate your kind words. We are glad to have Thomas as a part of our team and very happy that he was able to assist you quickly and effectively!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I ordered progressive glasses from this online company. The process was very easy. I entered my RX and when the glasses came several weeks later I couldnt see out of them! I've since had to get them at Visionworks and they are perfect so I dont know what happened with this company. When I requested a refund I received a long list of to dos before that was even possible. I think this would be super if they get things right but you are in for a HASSLE if they get it wrong and you want your money back.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Katie! We apologize for any inconvenience in regards to returning your glasses. In order to process a return, we ask that you send the glasses back to us. We see that we have already initiated your RMA and emailed you the information regarding how to return the glasses. We simply ask that you just quickly write on the Return form what the issue is with your glasses and how you wanted to proceed. We have provided you with a pre-paid shipping label to use in order to send the glasses back as we do not charge our customers for return shipping if within our warranty period. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused however, if you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact our Customer Support Team and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I’ve been using 39dollarglasses.com for at least four years now. I usually get the metal frames with the regular lenses and have found them to be of good quality. They are the same as store brands or the ones you can buy in a retail pharmacy. 39dollarglasses.com is very convenient, easy to use and they have great prices.

39dollarglasses.com response

Thanks for your kind words, Alexander! We do offer a lot of the same frames that are offered locally and are extremely excited that you were able to take advantage of our low prices!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have a few family members that need glasses and I've been ordering from 39 Dollar Glasses for at least 10 years. The prices and the quality of the products that I’ve received are good. I'm happy with the bifocals I got, and the transition lenses are good. Also, the transition lenses were not as expensive as some of the other sites. The ordering process was easy as well.

The customer service team was really good about giving me the information on my latest order. I ordered glasses for my grandson who is in college. They had some good frames that my grandson picked out and liked. Both his other pairs broke. So then, it was like redoing the same order that I had before. When I first ordered them, I put them on my address to be sent here. But then I realized I should have sent them to him in school. And so, the rep changed it when I requested that. My grandson got the glasses right there quickly. I also asked about a refund on part of the order, and the rep said she was gonna give me the refund.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Sally! We are so glad to hear that we are able to serve you and your family with all of your eyeglass needs! It is our mission to provide affordable eyeglasses without compromising quality and are happy to see you take advantage of that! :)

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I’ve been using 39dollarglasses.com for about eight years now and they have been good. I probably bought 50 pairs from them. It's an alternative for people who can't afford $500 for a pair of glasses.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Elaine! We would like to thank you for your loyalty. It is customers such as yourself who allow us to continue offering such great prices for quality eye glasses. We are here to ensure that everyone has access to affordable eyewear and so happy to know that you are able to take full advantage of that! :)

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

This company has good glasses. They're just as good as the other ones and I like them. I can see out of them and I like the color. The style is all right too. It's neat. I had my first pair for about three months but they broke so I bought some more. I'm now on my fifth pair with 39 Dollar.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Beverly! We certainly do have many frames to choose from in order to ensure that every customer finds the style, shape, and color they prefer. We are so glad that you are able to find frames that fit your needs :) Don't forget to check our "New Arrivals" section on the site so that you can view our new frame styles that we add to the site!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We would like to commend your phone customer service person Tiffany ** for we believe great service. Tiffany was well informed, courteous, and prompt to help us with the issue we called about with the pair of glasses we recently purchased. Hopefully all of your customer service personnel would match the way she helped me.

39dollarglasses.com response

Thank you for this review! Tiffany will appreciate your feedback :)

Resolution response: Feb. 5, 2019

The company offered me an exchange for glasses that do work and the option to try on some lenses before I buy again. I was very happy with David R's excellent communication skills and customer service. 5 stars for their follow up. Going forward, read the fine print and realize that there is a 30% restocking fee on everything except the basic glasses.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I ordered a pair of glasses on 39dollarglasses.com. I was confident of the purchase because their website says: "WORRY FREE GUARANTEE 30 DAY FREE RETURNS". When I got the glasses, they were cheap, plastic looking frames that I could have bought at the 99 cent store and the lenses made me dizzy. I opened up an RMA with a very unenthusiastic customer service rep that sent me an RMA. Still no mention of ANY restocking fee. When the refund came, it was a bit more than half the cost of the glasses. They charge a 30% restocking fee. They don't bother to tell you about that during the RMA process or when ordering. You're better off to go to somewhere else to buy your eyewear.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have ordered many glasses from 39 Dollar Glasses and I've sent them frames of sunglasses to have them filled. Their price made me choose them over other companies. When my prescription changed and had to get new glasses, I bought Versailles glasses, which I've had before. Ordering was very easy. I recommend 39 Dollar to friends.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi James! We are happy to hear about your experience and looking forward to providing you with quality eyeglasses for many more years to come! P.S. Great decision with regards to the Versailles 131 frames as they are one of the most popular and in style frames we currently offer!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

There was an error on my order ** and Tiffany took great care in explaining the return process and assured me she would take care of it. Calmed me down making me feel better knowing she would take. I have ordered glasses with you before and I will recommend you to my friends. Great customer service.

39dollarglasses.com response

Thank you, Victoria! We strive to provide our customers with excellent customer service and we're glad to hear this feedback! :

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Tiffany ** is a wonderful customer service rep. She Patient, helpful, kind and you could hear her smile over the phone. We all need more Tiffany’s. Customer service can be a real hard job at times. We need to acknowledge when we have good ones. Thank you Tiffany. Have a great week.

39dollarglasses.com response

Thank you so much for this review! We're glad to hear that you're satisfied with our Customer Service :)

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I absolutely love my new sunglasses! And the prescription is spot on! I heard good things about 39DollarGlasses, so I thought I'd try them, and I'm so glad I did! Such a great shopping experience, with a wonderful customer service staff, so helpful and kind. I'll definitely be a return customer! Keep up the great work 39DollarGlasses! Thank you!

39dollarglasses.com response

We're so glad to hear about your positive experience! Thank you for your kind words :)

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I have purchased my glasses from 39dolllarglasses.com for the last 8 years and never had a problem until now. I received my glasses just before Christmas, either the prescription is wrong to the pd is wrong, but they are Un-usable. I contacted them to tell them about the mistake. They instantly blame me for entering my prescription wrong, I double check it and it was correctly entered. They then tell me I probably measured my pd wrong, but it's not, and I have purchased at least a 8 pairs from them with the same pd measurement.

They tell me they will send out a return mail envelope right away. Over 2 weeks later I get a return form in the mail, no return envelope. I'm from Canada so they won't pay return postage, that's fine, but then why waste over 2 weeks sending it in the mail? During a postal strike! Why not email it? My theory is because they want to stall till the 30 day return policy is over. By this time I've already purchased glasses somewhere else. But I will get them corrected so I can use them as a spare.

I send an email complaining about why they would send the return paperwork in the mail and not email it, other than to just waste time so I could not return the glasses. But I never get a response. Now the holidays are over and I can't find the return paperwork so I message them to see what they can do, and I mention that their email response was very slow. I instantly receive attitude. I ask again why they would send return paperwork in the mail and not by email? She tells me because I requested it, it's my fault. They blame everything on the customer, nothing is their fault! And I see that here also. They blame the customer in every response I've read here. I donated the glasses, hopefully someone else can make use of them. I won't use this company again. I recommend you stay away also.

Hi Darcy!

We apologize in advance for the inconvenience you've experienced. We're baffled by your review as we take great pride in offering friendly, helpful customer service. When contacting us, our first action would be to review the order information for any potential error(s), as this is sometimes the case when a customer states the eyeglasses are "un-usable". We're certain there was no intent to blame since this would be of no benefit to either party. Upon review of your order, we do see various PD's entered on different orders as well as different prescriptions. However, your review suggests you were originally contacting us to tell us about a mistake made so we'd like to mention that we offer an excellent return policy that will allow a free exchange and we're still happy to offer you this to you.

We also want to apologize for the inconvenience in regards to issuing your Return Exchange Form. Unfortunately, our system does not allow for us to generate RMA's for customers outside of the United States. When a return is requested for customers outside of the U.S. we email our return address along with the Return Exchange Form or this is mailed at the customers request, so we apologize if this was not requested. Please know that our warranty states "Warranty type will be determined by the date of contact" and not by the date of receiving the return as you may believe. We see this was also advised to you prior to you writing this review.

Upon review of your email correspondence with a member of our Customer Support Team - we see that you were told, "We will be mailing out a return form to you." and so, we're not quite sure how or when you were advised that you'd receive a return mail envelope. Furthermore, we wanted to address your concern about not receiving an email response from us. We were able to locate your email dated 12-13-2018 as well as our Customer Service Manager's response sent three (3) business days after. Please let us know if you'd like for us to forward these emails for your records. In addition, please understand that response times for emails can take 1-3 business days which is advised right after your message has been sent.

Please understand that we're happy to offer you a free remake order and you'll be contacted by our Customer Service Manager to further address your concerns.

We do appreciate your business and we look forward to speaking with you!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I contacted 39DollarGlasses.com because I had a problem with the frames I ordered from them over a year ago. They quickly replied to me and within a few days I had a brand new frame. Thanks 39DollarGlasses.com for standing behind your products. You will be my one stop shop for Glasses from now on.

39dollarglasses.com response

Thank you so much for this review, Michael! :)

39DollarGlasses.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded by eye doctors, 39DollarGlasses.com offers the same high quality prescription glasses found in brick-and-mortar stores at a fraction of the price.

• Deep discounts: With glasses available for as little at $39, this online retailer has some of the least expensive pairs around.

• Free returns: If glasses are not as advertised or are damaged during shipping, buyers can send them back at no cost.

• Free shipping options: With a qualifying order, standard shipping is free, with several expedited options available for a small fee.

• Worry free warranty: 39DollarGlasses.com offers 120 days from delivery to return glasses for a 50 percent refund or exchange credit.

• Toddler glasses: Not only do they sell a wide variety of adult frames and lenses, they also have glasses designed just for toddlers.

• Best for: Kids, Teens and Contacts wearers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs