toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I love these glasses - the look the fit, the vision. These are so much better than the glasses I paid big bucks for. They are lighter, they fit my face better. I get compliments on them. They are so much lighter than the pair I had before. I will not pay full price again.

For the most part they are okay, but looking through them at say my iPad or phone the top of the iPad is wider than the bottom, don't want to send them back because it took 3 almost 4 weeks to receive them and I don't have another pair. Probably will not order again from this company. So something is not right.

The prescription was filled accurately. The frames are beautiful. However, the arms of the glasses were so wide the glasses wouldn't stay on my head, and I couldn't get the little screws to budge. I bought some tiny rubber bands to correct the problem. But they sit crooked, and when I place them on the table, instead of both arms touching the table, one is up at least 3/4 of an inch. But all in all, the frames are nice and I will probably use $39 Glasses again.

Glasses came prompt, but didn't withstand my son. Placing the order, delivery and all that was great. But my son only had them 4 days and he broke the stem off. So, we ordered another pair from another company that say they are childproof. I would recommend this company to any adult or teenager, but they did not stand up to my 4 year old, active boy.

Hi James,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with your order. According to our records, your exchange order shipped from our facility on 05/12/2017 and tracking shows the package was delivered on 05/16/2017 via USPS First Class Mail. However, you will be contacted by a customer service representative today to discuss this further.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I received the readers on May 3 and found them to be incorrectly made. The lens were reversed. Returned them the same day. USPS tracking show they were delivered to you on May 5. You finally acknowledged receipt on May 9. It's now May 15th and I have no idea when or if I am going to receive the replacements. Really poor customer service.

Excellent glasses. Thank you. Perfect prescription, very good quality, excellent service, very very fast shipping. I will recommend you with all my friends, partners and family. I will buy it again, I am 100 % satisfied. Good job, thank you very much.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

I've been a customer for almost 10 years and have never been disappointed. The quality of the lens are equal if not superior to any "chain store" optometrist and less than 1/2 the price! When most people see my sunglasses they assume they are Ray Bans and want to know how to get them without the logos!

Very satisfied with the glasses and service. They are as good or better than I could have got in a store except much less cost. Also liked the glasses cleaning cloth, tool, and hard case. I would buy my glasses from you the next time and recommend to my friends to use your service also.

The new lenses in the frames that I supplied to you are very nice. I just wish that you folks still sold the ORIGINAL "Atlantic" frames so I didn't have to "recycle" my old frames! In the past, after a year or two, all of your lenses have developed "crazing" around their edges and have required replacement. I hope that my new lenses do not suffer from this problem, but I think it likely that they will. I IMAGINE THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN REPORTED BY OTHER USERS, AND I WONDERED IF THE BASIC CAUSE HAS EVER BEEN FOUND?

I love you guys. Your glasses are always a welcomed delivery. I got regular far sight glasses which I adored. Fit perfectly and looked great. I also got some cool sunglasses. I don't know how I did it but I managed to lose them after only 2 wears. Thanks for an outstanding, attractive product delivered on time in great condition. Still loving my sunglasses!

We ordered 2 pair of my husband's glasses... one prescription aviator sunglasses and these are great!! The other, Astoria, single vision full time wear continually slip down his nose. I believe we ordered this style before with no problems. We find this a bit confusing, as we expected the same as last.

This was my second time to order my glasses from 39dollarglasses.com online. It's very easy and convenient for me plus fits my budget. They fit very good and my prescription is just what the doctor ordered. And they arrive within 5-7 days.

Hi Michael,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Glasses may sometimes need minor adjustments to fit the wearer’s face and this is usually done when you buy glasses locally. Unfortunately, since we are an online company, we are unable to provide that service. You can always have minor adjustments done on your glasses at a LensCrafters or WalMart for no charge. Our customer service department also emailed you with instructions on how to perform these adjustments yourself.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: May 11, 2017

I am pleased with the glasses for the most part, however, they need to be "adjusted" to fit me. How/who can fit me? The nose bracket needs to be widened and the part over the ears needs to be turned down more. They do not stay in place if I move my head at all. Therefore, I have not been wearing them.

I love the frames and have received quite a few compliments on them. I like their weight too, and hardly notice when I have them on. They're well made and are exceptionally durable. The prescription lenses are made perfectly and I can see great with them! The glasses arrived quickly, within the same week I ordered them, which I didn't expect and really appreciated. Great, would highly recommend!

It's only been a week, but am extremely pleased with the Fission Eyewear 014 glasses I ordered. It's going to be an everyday kinda use (gym, leisure, work, etc.) and it's very durable and flexible. I might order this again just to have one with transition lenses.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you so much for your kind words, Matthew! Seeing reviews like this from our customers make it all worthwhile! :)

Original review: May 5, 2017

I am a new but regular customer. I usually order online and purchase one pair of glasses at a time. I have bought 4 or 5 pairs in the last few months. Today I had the honor and privilege to order over the phone because I was not home and busy. I spoke with you representative Tiffany **. Not only was she very professional, smart and kind she went above and beyond to make my experience the best I have ever had. I will not only call when I order again but I will request to speak with her and highly recommend her to all and every one of my vision impaired friend. Again she was amazing and I would hope that your company recognizes this and put her on the fast track for upper management. Thank you again and have a great day!

These glasses are very contemporary and classy. The fitting is perfect and workmanship is excellent. They are comfortable and lenses are wide without looking gaudy. I like the half rim. I like the color of the rim... I chose garnet. The order was fast and delivery was prompt.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you for this review, Judy! We greatly appreciate it!

Original review: May 4, 2017

I ordered prescription glasses and sunglasses. They arrived fairly quickly (one pair had to be remade since it did not pass your inspection). When they got to me, they were perfect. I would order here again! And will try you for my daughter's contacts. Thanks.

Thank you, Jasmine! :)

Original review: May 2, 2017

I ordered two pairs of burgundy glasses from 39DollarGlasses and I have ordered two pairs before. They fit my prescription perfectly, are of good quality, and are fabulous because they provide a variety I do not get from my local optometrist's office. Unbeatable quality and style for an awesome price!

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with your 39dollarglasses.com experience! We're proud to be able to provide you with quality, affordable glasses. Thank you again for choosing 39DollarGlasses.com!

Original review: May 1, 2017

I was looking for a pair of aviator sunglasses with reader lenses and after searching many options online I decided to go with the ones from 39dollar. I received them quickly and love them! I'm considering purchasing another pair! Good quality. Just as described. I love them!

Hi Joseph,

We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. According to our records, we have issued you an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) and a prepaid shipping label in order to send back your glasses. We always want to accommodate our customers to the fullest extent possible. Did you know about our worry-free warranty? If you are not satisfied with your order for any reason, you are able to send it back and we'll be happy to exchange your glasses for a different pair.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: April 29, 2017

This is the 2nd time I ordered 39dollar glasses, and this time for myself and my wife. Neither of us is very satisfied with our glasses. I ordered the progressives and the "reading" area is so small I don't even use the glasses for reading. I wish I had got the regular bi-focals and a larger reading area. Also, the area doesn't extend to the edge of the glass, so it is quite limiting. Also, I had to (heat and) bend the frame so it would be tighter on my temples. My wife's glasses ended up costing quite a bit more than we planned on and are also somewhat "loose" on her. She doesn't feel they give her the vision she had hoped to get, and so she doesn't use them very much. Sorry the comments couldn't be more positive. But we have learned from this experience.

Hi Eradio,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Our company takes pride in offering quality eyewear and would never want any of our customers to be dissatisfied with an order.

Our Worry-Free Warranty allows you to receive a free remake of your glasses, or exchange them up to 90 days after receiving them. Our customer service team issued you a return form and prepaid shipping label in order for you to send your glasses back to us. Please complete the return form with your exchange information or refund request. Once your return has been received, we will process your exchange/refund as quickly as possible.

Original review: April 29, 2017

Hemingway glasses are smaller than I expected and are uncomfortable. I have not really worn them at all. I want to send them back for a full refund and may look at larger frames that you offer. Thank you for checking on me. I travel a lot and had not had time to contact you.

39dollarglasses.com

Hi Mary, we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with your order. You will be contacted by our customer service team lead to assist in getting your issue resolved.

Original review: April 29, 2017

I was really pleased with the completion time and the frames are lovely, and a great fit. However, the bifocal portion of the glasses is cut way too low on the lens, and I have to point my nose at the sky to read the book in my hands. My daughter can see great out of one eye, but the vision is blurred in the other, but she really likes the frames (hard to please teenagers)! I've heard wonderful things about the customer service with your company, so I will be following up with a phone call. You can be sure I'll order again if I can get the lenses remade. That'll get you all 5 stars and referrals to friends. Thanks!

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you for the wonderful review, Ron! We are always glad to hear from a happy customer!

Original review: April 29, 2017

This order was a remake and the problem was handled in a most professional manner. The glasses are perfect in every way. Have been buying from 39DollarGlasses for 9 years and have never been disappointed. Thanks for the service.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you so much for the kind words, Karla! We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with your 39DollarGlasses.com experience!

Original review: April 28, 2017

Absolutely love my Warhol glasses. They are stylish and a great value. The frames don't seem flimsy, and I get so many compliments on my glasses. They arrived in under a week which was amazing. I did not pay for fast shipping. I will certainly order another pair of this style of glasses, maybe in a different color just for fun.

I love the lenses that I ordered, the frames are great quality, but the part that goes around the ear is a little wider than I am used to, and they hurt both my head and my ear. These are a backup pair of glasses, so this really doesn't bother me as I don't wear them all the time, just iffy other pair breaks.

Hi Elyse

We are sorry to hear that your glasses are not fitting you properly. You are covered for a frame replacement for up to one year from when your order was placed. We are able to replace the frame for you, at no cost of course. If you opt to do this, we can issue you your RMA and Prepaid Shipping Label.You also have the option to be sent a frame replacement as per our warranty policy. Glasses may sometimes need minor adjustments to fit the wearer’s face and this is usually done when you buy glasses locally. Unfortunately, since we are an online company, we are unable to provide that service. You can always have minor adjustments done on your glasses at a LensCrafters or WalMart for no charge. You will be contacted by a customer service representative today.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: April 17, 2017

Crooked out of the box. The prescription is fine, but the glasses don't sit straight on my face and they are uncomfortable and hurt on one side. They are either warped or crooked. They seem like they should be curved also as the view comes in distorted. I have no other means of seeing, reading, or driving so I kept them.

I purchased a $230 pair of glasses from this company and they broke in less than a year. If you're buying super cheap garbage frames, then maybe you'll be okay. But if you're actually looking for glasses that are going to last for a while, then look elsewhere. You will get NO help from customer support. Just a warning.

Factual basis uncertain

Hi Victor,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We pride ourselves on offering quality, helpful customer service and we will always take the time to accommodate anyone who contacts us. We have thoroughly investigated, and unfortunately, we're unable to locate your request for an RMA.

However, we have initiated an RMA and pre-paid shipping label to the email address provided in your order. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and hope this helps address your concerns. If you have any further questions regarding your return, please do not hesitate to ask. Our customer service department is available via phone, email, or Live Chat. We are open Monday-Friday between the hours of 9AM-5PM EST.

Original review: April 16, 2017

I have tried to contact them a couple of times to request a RMA to return a product with no response. Their online customer service chat is always offline. Very unlikely I will ever do business with this company again.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you, Michael! We are so happy to hear that you are pleased with your order!

Original review: April 10, 2017

Got a recent complete eye exam, sent copy of results to 39DollarGlasses, had new bifocals in about a week. Easy peasy. That's the way it should be done! Tried another online glasses company (with USA in the name) and after 3 months and two wrong prescription sets of glasses sent to me, I demanded my money back. I'm with 39DollarGlasses from now on.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I sent 39DollarGlasses a pair of Oakley almost new (no flaws or issues) frames to have sunglasses lenses installed and paid up front. It took awhile to hear anything from them and once I finally did I was informed that the process could take 7-10 days or longer. About a week later I get an email that they could not install the lenses in the frame due to "curves" which was very frustrating. I asked them to refund my money and ship the frames back to me.

When I received the frames back from them they were packaged okay with bubble wrap on them. Once I removed the bubble wrap I immediately noticed that the frames had a very large crack across the right bottom of the frame near the nose piece rendering them completely unusable. I sent a message to them about this and they denied breaking them and then said they would do nothing to compensate me for breaking my >$100 frame! I am extremely upset over this and recommend that no consumer do business with this outfit!

39dollarglasses.com Company Profile