Call toll free
4.61/5
Based on 104 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

39DollarGlasses.com is the top online optical store for all your prescription eyewear and contact lens needs. Our friendly customer service team is happy to help answer any questions you may have. With quality products, fast shipping, and a knowledgeable staff, 39DollarGlasses is the best place to get a custom crafted pair of prescription glasses or contact lenses at the lowest prices around.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

332 39dollarglasses.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 26, 2018

I am very pleased with the Customer Service I have received as well as the great deals at 39dollarglasses.com. Due to my own misunderstanding I had to return an order to have a change made. The return was dealt with promptly and efficiently and they even gave me a discount. I really felt like they care about their customers. It is overall a 5-star business.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Insufficient response received
Original review: July 19, 2018

This is the time estimate from their website: "Over 95% of all orders ship within 2-7 business days. For some higher prescriptions and multifocals (progressives and bifocals) it may take up to an additional 1-4 business days to process your order." So the min-max estimate here is 2 to 11 business days until your order ships. My last order—not at all a high prescription, not multifocals, no extra processing—took 16 business days to ship. After day 12, I contacted their customer service line on a fairly regular basis about my order and got the same story: "We're sorry it's taking so long, no I don't have any answers for you, please hold tight". This happened with my last order as well. And with that order, on the right lens, there was a significant gap between the lens and the frame; about a centimeter. There are plenty of other more reputable online companies you can purchase glasses from. Do yourself a favor and never order from here.

Original review: July 13, 2018

There were problems with my order, you made me a free pair of glasses because of it and luckily you did because the original order that I had problems with they broke one week after I received them! But they easily took care of that problem as well, but the girl that I was talking to throughout this whole problem Tiffany ** was her name was very hopeful about everything, did a great job of taking care of the problems that I had, was understanding and promptly fixed everything. So my real review is actually for her. She did a great job.

Original review: July 11, 2018

They do not give 100% refund. I had 2 pairs made. The PD was wrong so they remade them. Not tell me that I could not get a refund because they were remade. I could not see out of the 2nd made pairs either so I sent them back. I only got a refund on 1 pair because they said it did not pass their inspection and other pair did so no refund on it even though I could not see out of either pair so buyer beware.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: July 3, 2018

As most of the reviews seem to go on here I'm another unsatisfied customer. This is the 7th business day for me, and from what the website says 95% of people are shipped their glasses within 2-7 business days. Since I have no glasses to review, this 1 star is simply for the customer service aspect of the company. My first encounter was on the 5th business day where I waited over 20 mins to get a response from their online chat. I received no response from that, so I called up the direct line. The lady on the other end was pleasant to talk to although she could tell me nothing more than they are being assembled. The 7th business day arrives and now I decided to skip the chat and go straight to the phone. The lady is once again nice to talk with although I'm disappointed to find out that one pair of my glasses are good to go, and the second pair are awaiting final inspection.

I asked if they could split up my packages perhaps, since my 2nd pair of frames might not be ready today, the 7th business day. The lady on the phone said there would be an additional charge for that... I paid for next day air, and I still won't be receiving my glasses until possibly 9 to 10 business days out. Hopefully, the glasses will be in good shape despite what some users of this site have experienced. It's all about how you treat the customer no matter how inexpensive the glasses may be. It's too bad the company didn't want to try to get my glasses out to me as quickly as they could, even if that meant them having to eat the price of delivery on the second pair of glasses. I guess my business and the business of people I know aren't that important to them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Original review: June 30, 2018

When I ordered something from 39 Dollar Glasses a few years ago, it went fine and they were friendly. Also, the glasses were inexpensive compared to the rest. Recently, I ordered two pairs of clear glasses and a pair of sunglasses from them but the sunglasses didn’t work with the prescription. They were a little blurry so I sent those back but I kept the clear ones and I’m about to call them to see if they got those back.

Original review: June 26, 2018

My son had a pair of vintage frames that came with clear plastic. We investigated options of prescription lenses but they were all very costly (over $200). Since these were to be used very occasionally I searched the internet for lower cost options and found 39dollarglasses.com. At first I was skeptical but chatted with their customer service and was told exactly step by step how to proceed. I mailed them my frames (I was a little hesitant but the cost was worth it) and about a week and a half later I received a package with the frames and new prescription lenses installed! All for $39!!! I think I will send all my reframes to them and probably get contacts and new glasses as well. I never knew this kind of company existed but it was a great find!

Original review: June 23, 2018

I found 39 Dollar Glasses on the internet and I’ve been ordering from them for four years. I like their style and the latest one I ordered were gunmetal in color. It was shipped and delivered in accordance with the plan. In 2016, I got the Fission Eyewear and it had the minimalist style. I had a problem with almost every pair that I had because the nose pads fell off, even the new ones and when I called customer service a few weeks ago, they told me that they would ship out two brand new frames and I could swap the lenses. They told me that it would be easy and they would call me. I said okay and that’s what they did.

They didn’t send me any instructions on how to do it but I figured it out by looking at the internet on how to do it. And they got a little piece of paper that told me how to put in the new lens which was handy. Other than that, 39 Dollar Glasses is fine but they’ve gotten cheap. I used to get a little glass cleaner packet that the glasses came in and I like the little chamois pouch and the screwdriver but in the last shipment, I didn’t get those. They just put the glasses and they’re rattling around.

Original review: June 19, 2018

A few years ago, I was looking for a cheap pair of glasses and I came across 39DollarGlasses.com through an online research. They had a pretty well put together website, decent reviews, and I was able to find what I was looking for quickly. The prices of their products were comparable to other companies as well. Their ordering process was pretty straightforward and I liked being able to upload my prescription. Everything made sense though I felt like getting to my order status through the email was a bit clunky. Otherwise, it was good.

I ordered a pair of sunglasses and a pair of prescription glasses from them. The sunglasses are the Academy sunglasses and in the lenses, there were some gaps around where the lens meets the frames. Nothing significant, but I noticed it doesn’t look aesthetically as pleasing as you might like. I also had a more recent problem with my current glasses. When I first ordered, it arrived in a really crumpled and damaged FedEx envelope but the glasses didn’t look like they were twisted or broken. However, they had little metal ornamental pieces in the front, almost like sideways diamonds on the top corners, and those were both missing. They had fallen out and I found them in the packaging. I was able to put them back in, but because they weren’t properly glued and placed in, they fell out. On top of that, I ordered a colored cool lighted whiskey tortoise or shiny tortoise, and the acetate on it was pretty much all black.

When I called about these, they said that they would happily send me another pair. And when they did, the little temple pieces were fixed. But, again, the pair was pretty much all black. I was told that they were going to pull that off their website and inspect the process of why that was happening and that if I called back in about a month, they would be happy to replace the frames with the proper coloring. I went with the fair colored lenses the second time around and I’m happy with that. I also like the anti-glare coating.

If I would recommend 39 Dollar Glasses to a friend or family and the packaging showed up damaged, I would feel stupid for having recommended it. So, I would prefer the packaging to be improved. I was worried even with the replacement pair I got because it was slightly bent and the packaging came pretty busted up. I also ordered from Warby Parker not too long ago and they had a nice, sturdy, rectangular box and nothing was wrong with that.

Other than that, 30 Dollar Glasses' customer service was really good. I called and I was expecting to jump through hoops to explain what happened but the person that I talked to was very nice and happy to help me. And that was a very pleasant experience. It’s the only reason I’m still staying with them because they apologized candidly and offered to make it great.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I was looking for completely clear, translucent frames that fit the dimensions that I was looking for. And 39 Dollar Glasses was one of the very few that had a pair that seemed would work. It was my first time ordering glasses online, and 39 Dollar's process went fine. I ordered the Entourage. They narrowed too much at the bridge instead of being more squared, so they wore water blisters across the bridge of my nose. Then 39 Dollar Glasses was wonderful. I worked with a young man named David and he said, “Pick out several pairs you think might work. We will mail them to you, send you the return postage. You try ‘em on, figure out which pair you want. Return them back to us, let us know, and then we’ll make your glasses in which ever pair you pick. We’ll do your lenses.” And I’m waiting for that pair to be back.

David went above and beyond. He went ahead and sent me six pairs that him and I picked out together and paid the postage to return it, which he didn’t have to do. And I didn’t end up with my clear, translucent glasses, which was the whole purpose of doing online, so that really stinks, but 39 Dollar Glasses have worked with me and really tried to make me happy.

Original review: June 15, 2018

39 Dollar Glasses is one of the big eye wear companies. They offered discounts on the frames and they were local to me in Long Island so I felt very confident in giving them a try. Everything that I see on there like progressive and transition lenses are not cheap, but they're very competitively priced on the site and they're done right. The lenses are done the way they're supposed to be. The frames are fine. I can get better ones, but I pay much more for them. I had some problems when I first ordered with having to get the glasses adjusted for the focal point. Once 39 Dollar Glasses did that, everything is automatic and great. And the service department was very helpful. They're professional and they follow up. I've had to return stuff and I got them back already. I have recommended 39 Dollar Glasses.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I've been ordering from 39 Dollar Glasses for 10 years and usually it's two or three pairs at a time. I order the same two or three prescriptions but each time I order, it tags it as another prescription. If I want to get the same thing I got last time, I have to figure out which prescriptions I used. But the lenses are really good quality. We've had lenses pop up more than we've had frames breaking and I ordered so many of them because we're really hard on them. We go spray painting in Paris, so each time we try to clean 'em you have dots of spray paint on them. I keep going back to 39 Dollar Glasses and I recommend them to people.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was a little skeptical at first because they were cheaper than the first pair of glasses that I had ever bought which was around 400 bucks. But with my friend, it's only about the left side. I was like, "How big can this really be if he brought them in?" And he was like, "Look. These aren't super fancy but they're really sturdy and they hold up really well." So I ordered one pair of sunglasses then two pairs of clear glasses, one of them with plastic frames and the other one with metal frames and I've been really impressed. They seemed really good.

Ordering was pretty straightforward. You put your prescription in and then they made it so simple with me just trying to define which frames I wanted. There's a lot of them to go through. I just placed the order and I kept checking to see when the order got sent, and then they came. It took about a week and a half. I'd definitely recommend 39 Dollar Glasses. I shared the website on Facebook and I've been telling everybody at work.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I contacted customer service to order replacement frames for my son's glasses, which broke out of warranty. Thomas ** responded extremely quickly, was very friendly and surprised me by sending new ones out free of charge. Three of us in this family wear glasses, and it's service like this that keeps us with 39dollarglasses. Thank you so much for your great products and even better customer service!

Original review: June 2, 2018

I was having a problem with my optometrist. I would go in and she would prescribe some glasses for me and I was seeing double and having all kinds of problems. And so, I had another optometrist who I depended on and trusted, but I couldn't reach her by phone for some reason. My daughter used to work with the optometrist that I was having problems with. So, we kept trying and ordering more glasses and they were $300 or $400 a pair.

I finally linked up with this first optometrist that I trusted and she gave me a prescription. And I said, "Well, I'm just gonna order online, use just that prescription and just see if that prescription is good." And I got my glasses in five days because they weren't anything fancy. They were just plain jane, advertised $39. It was $43 including tax and/or shipping. And so, I thought, "Wow! What a great company" and they worked perfectly. So then, I took that prescription back to the optometrist I was having trouble with, had them reorder it, but they still screwed it up. I ended up with two and three pairs in some places and no pair of glasses from other places. And so, I said, "Well, I think I'll just order some simple bifocals from 39DollarGlasses.com." I went back to my trusted optometrist and got the prescription. It took a little longer this time because it was bifocals, but they came and they're doing very well. I'm getting used to wearing bifocals again.

But somehow my ordering process online got interrupted so I came back and I didn't see anything. I then went through the process again. Then when I put in the order, I didn't pay any attention to the amount and I ended up ordering two pairs of glasses. I emailed the customer service and I said, "I accidentally ordered two pairs. I just need one pair." They answered my question within 24 hours and refunded the extra money to my credit card. So they're not only a great company, their customer service is also fantastic.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I searched for cheap sunglasses and then I found out 39 Dollar Glasses sell prescription glasses too. They also have access to high-index lens. But they are missing mirror finish on the sunglasses as well as 1.96 or 1.84 high index on sunglasses. I've already ordered about five times and it's an easy process. I got sunglasses for myself and 3 normal prescription glasses for my mom. The glasses were shipped and delivered within the expected timeframe. I've had the glasses for 2 months or so now and I like its polarized characteristic. 39 Dollar Glasses is great.

Original review: May 31, 2018

The value of the glasses is exceptional and there are many selections. I wear progressive lens, just as I ordered In eyeglass store would be 400$ at 39$ was 200$, quality good anti scratch resistance.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I was looking for cheap glasses online then I ran across 39DollarGlasses.com. I’ve ordered from them multiple times since then and I always had good experiences. Ordering was pretty easy all around. I had my eye exam done, so I had my prescription which I entered in their website. Then I went through their process and selected the frames I wanted. Among my purchases, I wear the Moscow the most often. I also have a pair of rose-tinted Aviators that I wear while I drive a lot.

The last time I ordered with them, I accidentally entered an incorrect prescription. Luckily, after the email I got, I realized that I entered the wrong one. So I called them and the lady who helped me was very kind, very helpful, answered all of my questions, and was able to fix my problem before my glasses were shipped to me. I plan to keep ordering through their website and I tell all my friends who comment on my glasses where I got them. They said the glasses can't be that good if they were that cheap but I always tell them that I've loved every pair I've gotten from this company. So, hopefully they'd be ordering from 39 Dollar Glasses, too.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I used to get my glasses at Walmart and they would be $325. Then I thought of trying out 39dollarglasses.com and their online ordering process was easy. So far, I got at least eight pairs of glasses from them. My stepson also bought five pairs and my daughter in New Jersey buys from them. I got my mother in New Jersey buying from them, too.

We love all their glasses. They are always good and I very rarely have a problem. So far, I had two pairs sent back to them in the last eight years that I've been buying from them. But I've never had a real big issue and they fix everything if there was a problem. And no matter who I talk to, everybody was polite and very professional. They send me the code right away and make me send everything back.

Onetime, I got a little mark on the lens which was in my eye view and they said it was the progressive line. I sent the glasses back and they did something with it, but it was there again when I got the them back. This last pair I got with the clear frame had a little problem, too. So I sent it back and they fixed it. This is the best pair of glasses I’ve ever had on my face in 40 years. They’re so comfortable and looks like I don’t even have glasses on. I always put on Facebook about what a good job 39dollarglasses.com has done for me. I also looked into Danny.com and they have nothing like 39dollarglasses.com.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I found 39dollarglasses.com online and their site was very workable. It was about two and a half years ago when I first made a purchase and they provided excellent service. I spoke to Tiffany, a customer service rep, who did an outstanding job. I like tortoise shell eyeglasses so that’s what I buy but the best feature is the price. 39dollarglasses.com is a good place to buy a quality pair of inexpensive glasses and I’ve recommended them to my friends.

Original review: May 18, 2018

39 Dollar Glasses get the prescription correct and the price is right but they're still quality glasses. If you go through an optometrist, the price is probably double. But we’ve been having a major problem with the internet and I can’t seem to order online. I’ll put all the information in and then an error message comes up. I switched over to Google Chrome but it still doesn’t work. I just ordered recently and I had to call them. The customer service representatives were nice though. The last one was Tiffany and we chatted about the winter weather they were having down there in Long Island.

Right now I’m blind as a bat, thanks to the dog for eating my glasses. So it would be nice if they could put the orders out or have an additional expense to get the order quicker. I did the two days but I guess they shipped by regular mail. Besides, they probably have hundreds of orders coming in everyday and mine is progressive which take a little while longer.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I was searching on the internet and I found a pair of frames that fit me at 39 Dollar Glasses. That is the difficult part about ordering glasses online, so I stuck with them. So far, I bought at least eight pairs of glasses from them and for my last order, I bought some for the computer, some for reading, and some prescription sunglasses. One time, the arm came off my glasses so, I contacted them and they sent me a new set of frames. I was pleased with their customer service.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I’ve had glasses since ’93 and I have always used 39DollarGlasses.com but I only wear glasses when I drive. Their customer service was very good at helping out with questions so the interactions were great. I bought a single vision pair of glasses but I also had transition sunglasses with no prescription done and they fit it with my old frames. I got an order from them last night and I don’t know if the prescription was wrong or my eyes just don’t work with that prescription. But their products are very inexpensive and I can throw them out when I’m done with them if I’m not using that prescription anymore. It’s easily the best price and service for that dollar amount and you don’t’ have to go into a store. I’m happy with ordering and delivery as well and I’m a very satisfied customer.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I’ve been using 39DollarGlasses.com for a couple of years now. They have more designs than other places and I like their price. I also like that I get my orders right in my mailbox. Plus, they have the trans lenses which was what my daughter really wanted. They were supposed to ship my daughter's glasses out which was a Woodmere black and blue. But her left eye was getting really bad so, I contacted them and they coated the glasses down on the spot. I really appreciated what they did and I did not mind waiting a couple more days to get her glasses. I was also so grateful they did it because if they didn't, I was gonna get the glasses and send them back then I had to wait longer. They also messed up in the lab but they rushed the job free of charge for it.

I love 39DollarGlasses.com and everyone that I talked to when I called them was so nice and polite. I also found out that they did contact lenses and I gotta get me some more in the next couple of months. My daughter also loves the glasses that she got from them. They are neat and when she goes outside, they're darker than regular sunglasses.

Original review: May 2, 2018

39DollarGlasses is on the internet but I’ve been using them for years and the last time was the best experience I had. I accepted my glasses, wore them the first day and I had the worst headache. I was dizzy, nauseous and I didn’t know what was wrong. I realized it was my glasses and I made a mistake on the information that I put in for the distance on the lenses. My husband told me to call them so I did and I told them that it was an error on my part. The person I spoke to told me not to worry about it. They had a policy that if I make an error and it’s the first time, they will redo the glasses at no expense to me. I told them that I submitted two frames to be done and the second one also has the wrong information. I asked them to put a stop on it and put the correct information. She told me they would fix that as well. I got the glasses last week and they were wonderful.

I would have been stuck with two pairs that I couldn’t use and out of pocket $500 but it turned out to be a happy ending. I had transition and Varilux lenses which was more expensive if I got it from my doctor so it saved me a lot of money. But I've gone to another website for frames and all the websites have a lot more current and up-to-date looking frames than I see in 39DollarGlasses.com. I also heard from other people that they’re not usually pleased with the selection of the women’s frames unless you get the wired one since they are basic so the selections could be better.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I love my glasses. I got them yesterday. I love transitions lenses. I would have to pay an arm and a leg at other places. I had to tighten the screw on the glasses because they tried to slide. But they fit great. And look great. I will be buying from you all again.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I tried 39 Dollar Glasses years ago and have bought glasses from them ever since. I brag them up everywhere. I thought the last pair I bought looked goofy but everyone is complimenting me on it. And if people compliment me, I like it so they must be my favorite pair now. I’ve also been using their titanium flexi-framed glasses for my bifocals and I’ve had nothing but praise for them. It's a heck of a product. But I wish that when the glasses come to me, they wouldn't require that I take them to an optician to get them to fit. Sometimes they’re twisty. They really look like a large person sits on them before they ship them.

My eye doctor actually sells glasses and they don’t really care for me to bring back a pair from 39 Dollar Glasses to fit to me. The lady who does the fitting for me is the consummate professional. She would tell you with a beaming face that she loves her job. But it would be less embarrassing if I could just wear the glasses. The good news is 39 Dollar Glasses ships the little screwdriver things with the kit. I've bought six pairs of cheap glasses to wear for reading and computer purposes so I got five, interestingly, of those little kits in there. The last time I went back to my optician, I took four of those little kits with me as bribery and she was so happy. She loved the kit. So basically, I could trade the kit for fitting.

Zenni has also changed the website a bit and when they did, they lost all of my old data. I think they really treat you better when they see that you’re a veteran. But the gals from customer service couldn't find it and it was like I was a brand-new customer. Then I had seen a special that offered a 15% discount on my next purchase but I didn’t click that ad. I came straight to 39 Dollar Glasses and put in my measurements. Of course, I didn’t get the discount and I canceled it. I wasn’t aware what I did wrong to get the 15% and at some point I gave up on wrestling with it all. I figured I could always call them.

I got one of their reps and Tiffany not only helped me wrangle the discount thing, but she also did an adjustment on the order so I didn’t have to. She found my old records and has been my go-to person ever since. She’s everything you would want in customer service. But the people who give the worst customer service typically get the raise. The reason is that they take more calls because they’re giving crappy service. I would feel badly for the good people. Tiffany is probably one of their lower rate people because she actually sticks in the crap the others did. I actually looked up Zenni for the first time between the first two people I talked to and her. But I didn’t order glasses from them because she called me first and she fixed the experience.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Ordering at 39 Dollar Glasses is super easy and anytime I do my order, I just ask them to give me the same glasses they gave me last time. It was the first one on the list and it worked. I'm also satisfied with the quality. They hold up just as well as the $300 pair. I ordered online the first time but now I just call them and ask them to do it for me. Shipping has been perfect as well. I recommend 39 Dollar Glasses to people all the time.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I was looking online and I came across 39DollarGlasses.com. I liked their name and so far, I have ordered twice from them. Their online purchase process was very easy and the first few pairs I got were shipped really fast. My second order has not arrived yet but I only ordered it about a week ago, so I'd give it a couple more days before I check on it.

I also had a few phone calls with their customer service which were really nice. I called them last week and told them that one of the handles of one of the glasses I got from them locked. I bought them last November and only wore them twice. Everything was cheap and it just came apart. I didn't really have time to explain or go back to everything and I needed a new pair of sunglasses so their rep said that they'd repair it for a year. She sent me a printable invoice to have the glasses sent back and have it replaced. Now I have another to wear again. Other than that, 39 Dollar Glasses is great and I have no problems with them.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I am very happy with the level of service provided by your company. My contact points have all been pleasant and helpful and I am very happy with you all working with me to correct an erroneous prescription that was the fault of others. I will 100% be recommending you to anyone I know with glasses.

39DollarGlasses.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded by eye doctors, 39DollarGlasses.com offers the same high quality prescription glasses found in brick-and-mortar stores at a fraction of the price.

• Deep discounts: With glasses available for as little at $39, this online retailer has some of the least expensive pairs around.

• Free returns: If glasses are not as advertised or are damaged during shipping, buyers can send them back at no cost.

• Free shipping options: With a qualifying order, standard shipping is free, with several expedited options available for a small fee.

• Worry free warranty: 39DollarGlasses.com offers 120 days from delivery to return glasses for a 50 percent refund or exchange credit.

• Toddler glasses: Not only do they sell a wide variety of adult frames and lenses, they also have glasses designed just for toddlers.

• Best for: Kids, Teens and Contacts wearers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Hauppauge
NY
www.39dollarglasses.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business