toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I love these glasses - the look the fit, the vision. These are so much better than the glasses I paid big bucks for. They are lighter, they fit my face better. I get compliments on them. They are so much lighter than the pair I had before. I will not pay full price again.

Hi Anbazhagan,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We pride ourselves on offering quality, helpful customer service and we will always take the time to accommodate anyone who contacts us. Since all phone calls are recorded, the phone call will be reviewed to ensure that it was handled appropriately.

We sincerely apologize for the error that occurred during the time your order was placed. Unfortunately, the site allowed you to choose a coating which is not available for the selected lens package. However, we do see that your order has since been corrected and a refund was issued for the upgraded coating. We kindly ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to credit to your account.

We expect to complete and ship your order within 1-2 business days and we've upgraded your shipping to UPS Next Day Air for the inconvenience. Again, we sincerely apologize and if we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

This was my second order with 39dollar, and will be the last. I order two pair of glasses with blue coating spending almost $300. I waited for 10 business days, and called the customer care, all could they say was, "There was a glitch and computer shut not allowed blue coating, so we did not process the order because we were not notified about it." I asked, "You should have called me if there was a glitch, I could have changed it." She said, "We were not notified." I got so pissed off. "Why should I suffer if it was your system mistake?" Guess what she has done was laughed. She literally laughed and I asked, "Are you seriously laughing?" She said yes.

I said, "I need to talk to your supervisor." She said, "No you cannot now. They would call whenever you can. I do have the recording of the call." After some time someone called from customer service. He said, "We will process the order again and it will take another 7 business days. And will give only $30 refund for the blue coating..." This made me so outrageous that I should not order from them again and made me to put this review. If you like any frame these people take a note of the frame name and go and buy from somewhere else. These people just like that eat your money. That's all. As a regular customer of this 39dollar I suggest you not to believe in this people and go somewhere else to buy, help yourself.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Your customer service is hands down the best around! My glasses arrived but the prescription wasn't quite right, not 39DollarGlasses' fault but rather the way the script had been provided to them. They fixed the problem for free, even updating my account information with the proper prescription info. Thank you to your entire team! Great job.

Hi Jack,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Our site is currently undergoing maintenance and upgrades to improve our customers’ user experience. Unfortunately, this has affected some of the functionality of our site. We are, however, aware of the situation and are working diligently to complete the maintenance process as quickly as possible. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I ordered contact lens from this company three months ago. I purchased a 90 day supply, so it is time to re-order. Their "login" does not work. My password automatically populated their site, so I was confident that it was correct, but after trying it three times without success, I decided to hit the "forgot password" link and have an E-mail sent to me so that I could create a new p/w. Well, that never worked. Nothing ever emailed! As I was doing this, I also started an "online chat", not knowing which way I would get the quickest service as I called also, but was put on hold (15 minutes and counting, they finally picked up the phone and told me they could not help with contacts and I would need to be transferred).

The "chat" line finally responded and told me that they have a new system and all of the previous information (prescription, product ordered, credit card, address etc.) was no longer available. Also, if I wanted to order, I would need to create a new login as a new customer as that information was now gone also. All of this while I'm just trying to buy some contact lens! No one seemed to care that none of their system was working or allow me to login. "Just create a new one"!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called this morning about my HSA being denied and a lady took my call. She was very short and sort of rude. It seemed like she worked for a fly by night operation with the way she handled herself. Second call I had great service and resolved my issue and got a shipping issue changed with her because the website did it improperly. I'll return again if the calls can always be as pleasant as they were with Tiffany **. Thanks.

Hi Paul

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Our company takes pride in offering quality eyewear and would never want any of our customers to be dissatisfied with their order(s).

Our Worry-Free Warranty allows you to receive a free remake of your glasses, or exchange them up to 90 days after receiving them. According to our records, our customer service team issued you a return form in order for you to send your glasses back to be remade with a new prescription, as it appears the original order was entered incorrectly when the order was placed online. Your remade glasses were made with the prescription information included with your return. As stated previously, our warranty will allow a one time free remake, however, since you're requesting to return both pairs again to be remade with a new prescription, we're requesting that you pay a 50% remake fee as per our warranty.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and hope this helps address your concerns and improves your experience with 39DollarGlasses.com. If you have any further questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

As a small business owner I understand when companies make mistakes. We always apologize and treat customers right. But this 39dollarglasses is a hideous company. Twice they made an error on the prescription for two sets of lenses ordered (made the wrong prescription). The prescription on the printout they sent me did not match the prescription given them--on their own computer account for me! Twice! Their condescension and arrogance is of such a level that I am surprised any company in these times does not know they cannot behave like that.

There are dozens of other reviews on this company saying the same thing. I made a mistake trying to be a nice guy and give them a second and third chance, but this is ridiculous. For your benefit, learn from my mistake and avoid this company. Steer clear of this company completely! (I did not even mention how slow the company is). What a disgusting company, shameful attitudes. Here is a copy of another review, from another customer, who had the same experience I had.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

I first received a quality pair of sunglasses that were blurry on the right side. After an email, I returned the pair with a faxed script. A few days later I received an awesome pair or very clear glasses I am very happy with. Very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have an odd prescription where one eye is near sighted and one far sighted. I correctly entered this in the order but the lab decided to I must be wrong and sent me both near sighted. They gave me an RMA but seem to be in no hurry to get me replacement lenses. I have to return the ones they sent me, they will examine them and then get the lab to make the correct ones. Given that it took a week for my first order to come through, I assume this will be two weeks. Not impressed with customer service when I called in to explain all this and ask what they can do -- they really can't do anything. I went the route of just starting a new order but they won't give me the discounts I had on the first order.

Hi Lara,

We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your order information when searching our database by your name and/or email address. In order for us to properly assist you, we'll need more information.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Please feel free to contact us by phone at 1-800-672-6304, via Live Chat Support on our website, or E-mail us at contact@39DollarGlasses.com. We are open on weekdays from 9am-5pm EST.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Never again. Why ask "Please let us know if we can be of any assistance," if you are never going to respond back when I let them know what assistance is needed. Giving the benefit of the doubt it was lost in the shuffle I resent every couple days. Nothing. We had multiple orders but I am not putting the order number in box below since clearly information confidentiality is lied about.

I ordered glasses online, it took a week and half to get. When I got them they were the wrong lenses. When I called, they had a very condescending attitude. I returned the glasses that I ordered on July 14th. Today is August 9th and they are saying it will be another week and half. For the same price you get at Costco, I'd say it is better to go to Costco, there it's a week or less. Very dissatisfied with the personnel. Honestly they act like they have too much business. Would never shop here again!!! Save your money and avoid the horrible customer treatment.

39dollarglasses.com

Thank you, Andrew! We are so happy to hear that you are pleased with your order!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Never going to buy eyewear anywhere else again. Stylish frames and the price is unbeatable. I paid a fraction of the price for my prescription lenses to what I normally pay. No need to shop Main Street anymore. 39dollarglasses.com is all I need. From ordering thru delivery (10 days) the whole process is fantastic. Will definitely spread the word!! THANK YOU!

My husband and I purchased glasses in May and June from this company. In mid June $14,000 in airline tickets were purchased on the credit card we used. New cards were issued. In July we got a letter from 39dollarglasses advising us they had a security issues and our information had been taken. This happens. What was the kick in the pants was they referred us to a company that would monitor our credit for free for a year. How nice... not really. That company wanted me to put up a credit card, they were not going to charge me since the first year was free. Gets better. I called 39dollarglasses. No one there would even address this issue.

Finally a man named Curtis called. I missed his call by 2 mins. When I called back the office was closed. I called them again the next after waiting for them to be opened over 1/2 the day. Curtis was not nice. He was clueless. He felt since I got the $14,000 taken off my card everything was fantastic. He said the credit monitoring place was not suppose to charge me... for a year... it was free. If it's free why do they need my credit card information? What scam is this company running? Curtis also said he makes all his call backs after business hours so I guess if you miss him, he doesn't make another attempt. I wouldn't never use a company who has such poor customer service and can not protect my credit card information.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Originally I would have given a solid 4 if not better. That is until the glasses I ordered on 6/2017 were defective. Within a few weeks of arrival the lenses were already cracking downward from the top where they met the frame. I was sent a return authorization number and shipping label. According to the tracking # the glasses were delivered on 7/20/17. I never received any communication from the company until I emailed them several days after they received my glasses. I was told I'd get an email when the item was logged (this did not happen) and it would take about 4 business days to complete from the time they were received. The new glasses finally shipped today. Ridiculous! I get a defective product and it takes from 7/20 to 7/31 to ship the new ones? Even better is the shipping confirmation email shows a shipping charge. So now I get to pay shipping a second time to exchange defective merchandise. I think you've lost a customer.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Resolution response: Aug. 2, 2017

I have been contacted by the company and they have offered to replace the pair of glasses at no cost.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I have purchased 3 or 4 pairs of glasses from 39 Dollar Glasses and have always been satisfied. However the last pair that I purchased in December 2016 has developed small cracks in both lenses (July 2017). I have been buying glasses for the past 40 years and have never had a lens crack, now I have both lenses cracking on the same pair. I called the company about replacing the lenses and was told that they were no longer under warranty, so sorry! I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that he was on the phone and would call me back, that was 4 days ago. I was also offered a coupon for 30% off a new pair of glasses which I declined. Why would you want to spend over $150 dollars for another pair of glasses just like the ones that cracked.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Hi Ed,

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service that will go to the furthest extent possible to help, so we're sorry to hear about your recent experience.

According to our records the frame replacement was delivered to you on August 1, 2017. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Ordered eye glass frames on July 12. Here it is July 28 and still no frames. I was never given an order number or tracking number. After 5 phone calls and visiting my post office twice, I found out they sent them to the wrong address. Instead of sending another pair they are making me wait till they get back the first. Horrible customer service. Total waste of time. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Today I received a letter from 39dollarglasses.com which stated my credit card information MAY have been stolen. Back in March of this year I had noticed several fraudulent charges on a credit card I very seldom use. In fact the only time I had used it was when I purchased a pair of glasses from your company so I knew the person who stole my card information was connected to your company. I notified your company right away after notifying my credit card company of the situation. I knew that the breach was from your company.

I expected some sort of reply back but got nothing. No note of acknowledgment, not one peep. I suspect you were wanting to sweep this under the rug. I guess it got much bigger than you had hoped and perhaps the credit card companies began to question the security of your site. Now your letter says that the person who stole the information is an "unknown individual" and you became aware of it in June? Bullcrap. You were made aware of this long before then. You chose either not to act or at least ignore my correspondence. Of course it wouldn't be anybody that YOU had hired. It had to be some issue with an unsecured site, eh? I would advise everyone to avoid using this site to purchase anything. Unresponsive and highly suspicious of having credit and identity stolen.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Ordering from 39DollarGlasses.com was fairly easy. I have already ordered from them at least a dozen times. I buy glasses from them. I’ve also tried buying sunglasses but it seemed that the prescription needs to be different for sunglasses and I didn’t realize that. So I just ate the 60 bucks that it cost instead of sending them back. I’ve also had trouble knowing exactly how well they’re going to fit or how heavy the pair of glasses is, which are things that you don’t get when you check them on the store and try them on. I’ve done the cheapest and most expensive glasses and liked the quality of the most expensive options best. I'd recommend 39DollarGlasses.com.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had been buying glasses locally and expensively. Then my sister-in-law told us about 39DollarGlasses.com and when we saw their prices, we went for it. I've bought about eight pairs and my husband has eight glasses too, in different sizes. Ordering is a fairly easy and they're also delivered quickly within five to seven days. On top of that, when we reorder, a lot of times they’re $10 less than we thought so they must be giving us some credits from how many we order and that's pretty special. We don't have to search around for a coupon and it's right there when we order.

The service has been awesome too. For the last two glasses I ordered, the prescription came back all wrong. They had put a negative instead of a plus and I was able to send them back for free. They fixed it right away and I got a replacement. Even with my husband, the glass came off the frame on his progressive lenses. That's his really expensive pair and he absolutely loves them. And customer service was able to talk him through ordering a new frame and he was able to put it back together.

The products have been pretty awesome as well. Anything that has gone wrong with mine has just been due to abuse as far as not keeping them in their case. I also fall asleep with my glasses because they’re prescription reading and I roll over on them, but I've never had a pair break ever. We've been ordering from them for at least five years now and the experience always has been easy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with 39 Dollar Glasses since I don't wear my glasses except for to drive at night, so it seems senseless to pay $500 for a pair of glasses. My husband also has transition ones from them and he has three other pairs. I really like the quality so far. It's been a wonderful experience overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with 39 Dollar Glasses turned out good. I ordered two pairs of progressive and bifocal glasses online and doing so was easy. However, I goofed up the first order. They looked good up in the showroom but weren't so good at home with the computer and TV. Then one of the pairs fell and broke, and when the second ones came in, they were perfect. I could read again. When I sent in the doctor paperwork, 39 Dollar Glasses fixed what didn’t work the first time. I have two good pairs and I'm happy with both of them particularly their looks. They fit my face pretty well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I do a lot of research and any time you go on the internet, you take a chance. I took a chance with 39 Dollar Glasses and I was actually quite pleased. The service was really, really good. It was very professionally put up too. I got reading glasses for my mother because she can’t go to the store and get the regular prescription because one eye is different from the other. That was the only reason why we didn’t just go to the pharmacy.

I like the frames at 39 Dollar Glasses. However, a year and a half on, her glasses were all scratched up. I guess when you wear them all the time, that's the wear and tear. She told me she couldn't wear them anymore so I ordered her another two pairs. This second time, I couldn't find my email so I called to order and it was fabulous. I liked the people. The sales rep quickly brought up the order and she was really, really nice. She gave me an even extra special deal so I was really happy about that. It’s a great company with great prices and good products. You can’t ask for better than this. When my mother's glasses die again, I would still order from them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Needed a pair of backup glasses for my bifocals. Have been really happy with the performance of your Palermo frame but thought I wanted something that had a little bigger lens, so I tried the Phoenix this time. Not nearly as good a fit for me as the Palermo, and the bifocal zone is much bigger than I like. Wish I'd stayed with the Palermo.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend that I used to work had said that it was easy to get all three of her girls' glasses for school from 39DollarGlasses.com. She took them to Walmart, got the eyeglass exam and then took the exam in so that’s what I did. On my first order, I wound up purchasing three pairs and returning one. I had a pair of retro-style sunglasses, then I did one with a plastic frame where the bottom is clear and the top is colored, and then I ordered a wire-framed one. It took them a little over a week to get everything done because I have bifocals and I wanted progressive lenses. That's for distance, reading, fine print and real up close for computer screens, so it took a little bit longer but they’re perfect and I love them.

Then I did a couple of emails back and forth with customer service to return the wire-framed one and it was good. They took it right back and after paying a restocking fee, I got my refund. That's about 80 bucks back from the $119 that I spent and that’s awesome because they were progressive so I couldn't really use them anywhere else. It was an awesome experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Thank you for making 3 pairs of glasses for me. Each one fits fine and does what it is supposed to. I like your fair prices and your quick response. You have been my go to for many years and I will continue to order from you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

High quality service and product at a great price. Huge selection and easy to find a selection that fits and looks good. Glasses are durable and well made. I am a long time customer and will shop here again. Look for extra discounts each time you shop. Thanks for the excellent service.

Hi Anita!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Our company takes pride in offering quality eyewear and would never want any of our customers to be dissatisfied with an order. All orders must first go through our quality assurance inspection process. However, sometimes, human error occurs, but we will always take full responsibility for our mistakes.

Our Worry-Free Warranty allows you to receive a free remake of your glasses, or exchange them up to 90 days after receiving them. According to our records, our customer service team issued you a return form in order for you to send your glasses back in exchange for a new pair. Your remade glasses will be double inspected in order to ensure quality control and prevent this situation from reoccurring.

Original review: June 12, 2017

My last Order was in may of 2017. Loved the frames but I can't see correctly with them. I think you got the prescription wrong so I won't be able to wear them. I have loved my purchases in the past though. I am so disappointed. I was really looking forward to wearing them.

I ordered these glasses for reading only. I can see absolutely nothing out of them. No way I can read with them. Wasted money. Very disappointed. I will not be using this service again. I did receive them quickly. Just can't see.

Hi Rhina

We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. We have issued you an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) and a prepaid shipping label in order to send back your glasses. We always want to accommodate our customers to the fullest extent possible. Do you know we offer a worry-free warranty? If you are not satisfied with your order for any reason, you are able to send it back and we'll be happy to exchange your glasses for a different pair! We also see that you have been contacted by our customer service department to assist in finding a new frame.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: June 10, 2017

The glasses are scratched and have rough spots. The frame is very loose, almost coming out of plastic frame. Please help me get better frame. Hope someone help me and replace them. I know you have excellent customer service. I need a replacement. Maybe a change in frame.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was more than pleased to have multiple options to pick from and afford multiple frames. I could not have done this anywhere else, the eye doctor would charge me an out of this world price for a minuscule selection of frames. Thank you for helping a college student out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My old glasses' progressive lens worked very good. My new glasses do not get dark. They get just a little bit shaded but not near enough for driving on a sunny day. The glasses are good otherwise. I'll be ordering another pair soon.

We have purchased several pairs of glasses over the last several years and have been very pleased! The one pair that was purchased however keeps losing a screw even after being fixed with purchased glass screws and also at an optometrist's. The screw falls out immediately as if something is stripped. Any suggestions?

39dollarglasses.com Company Profile