Call toll free
4.43/5
Based on 133 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

39DollarGlasses.com is the top online optical store for all your prescription eyewear and contact lens needs. Our friendly customer service team is happy to help answer any questions you may have. With quality products, fast shipping, and a knowledgeable staff, 39DollarGlasses is the best place to get a custom crafted pair of prescription glasses or contact lenses at the lowest prices around.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 23, 2018

276 39dollarglasses.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I have been buying from $39 Glasses since I first heard about them years ago. This last order went a bit sideways, partially due to my misunderstanding an online special. The short version is this - I called in, spoke to a representative, tried to show them the advert I'd responded to, but couldn't quite get that accomplished. I called back and spoke with a lady named Tiffany - she knew about the advert I'd seen, found my old records of previous purchases, answered all of my questions, offered some good advice, and saved the day. As much as I like online shopping, when things don't go quite right, it's nice to know that there's someone like Tiffany to wave a magic wand and make it all work out.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I have been a client of 39dollar for over 7, perhaps 8 years now. To date, every single shopping experience has been my pleasure. Quality products, timely delivery, great service... NOTE: I had problem & personally broke a frame. Even though I'd had the goods for well over a year? 39 sent me a replacement immediately & at no cost, not even postage! Who does that? And for these prices? Shucks, Some pizza dinners cost more than their great glasses!

Lastly & of paramount importance, the entire staff with whom I have dealt have been in a word, TREMENDOUS! Notably & measurably Today, I thoroughly enjoyed dealing w/ Tiffany. She was lovely, a delight & listened patiently for both my needs and my bad jokes. She knew her products, prices & additionally got me a 15% discount. In this crazy, meshuggah world in which we live those who do extraordinary work do not get their due consideration, IMO. Tiffany well deserves kudos & plaudits for a job well done. The company would & could not be as successful without quality employees, such as Tiffany. To both her, the staff & the "suits",many, many thanks, I'm most grateful.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I love this company and website!!! Super amazing just amazing!!! The quality and price are just unfounded! I've been wearing glasses my entire life... and I've NEVER had such an easy, enjoyable experience. Not have I EVER received such high quality frames, lenses or customer service... not to mention the easy replacement policy and breakage policy! They are truly WONDERFUL!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I have ordered several pairs of glasses from 39 Dollar Glasses and have always been pleased. My prescription is fairly complicated and includes lineless progressive bi-focals. The glasses were done perfectly and I was able to wear them immediately with no adjustments needed. Obviously, the price was excellent and choice of frames was wide enough to suit most anyone. Will continue to buy from 39dollarglasses.com.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Have been buying glasses for myself and Family from 39 Dollar Glass's now for over 12 months and found their service excellent as well as delivering a great quality product in a timely manner. Have recommended to my friends. Thank You for the excellent service and product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Thanks 39DG! While you're off the LIE, I lived in New York for 56 years, but only found you guys after retiring to Delaware... but at least I found you! And thanks to Tiffany **. Great glasses and great customer service! Regards!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

At first, I was afraid to order two glasses for the price of one because I’ve never dealt with an online glass service like 39 Dollar Glasses before. But I found that everything was very, very good. Once I figured out the filter system, it was easy to order. While everything went well, there was a little hitch when they required me to change the password two different times while trying to order online. I called it in and the girl said that it was a momentary problem. Additionally, I've had bifocals before with a line, and it takes a little while to get used to progressive lenses without a line. I found that it took five seconds and it was that fast. It was very good so I went back to order a second pair and I tried to pit in a smaller bridge and a little shorter temple but it came up with no selection.

Other than that, their website should have more direction right at the beginning because I have looked at a couple of 39 Dollar Glasses' competitors and right off the bat, it came in with a little thing that is using a one-line screen and it lets you have everything custom-made. Once that was understood, it would be very easy. at that point. Overall, I would hate to get in a football game and have glasses on from 39 Dollar, but they're good quality. If I break them, I could get another pair for the same price, and the two of them together would still beat what I would have to pay at the store.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

39 Dollar Glasses was advertised somewhere and I went and looked at it, and I’ve been ordering from them ever since. I've tried a lot of other eyewear companies and 39 Dollar Glasses is more consistent, and their customer service has been really good. I've got three different prescriptions there -- mine, my wife’s and my daughter's, and we've never had any issues with their glasses or with other frames. Mine are more wire-frame, my wife likes rimless or semi-rimless and my youngest daughter likes the black thick ones. The glasses usually stand up as long as we keep track of them and I've never had a frame failed that I know. We usually wait about a week for shipping, or anywhere between five to 10 days, before it's in on hand, and they've always come in.

This time around, I bought the blue coating to see how that works out. But usually, when I buy single wear or even a bi-focal, I make sure they have anti-glare on all of them and that has been good. My daughter had a pair of frames she wanted to put lenses in one time so I called 39 Dollar Glasses and the customer service rep said, "Send them to us and we'll get the lenses matched up." They charged us and my daughter was happy.

I know everybody wants cheaper prices and free shipping but companies have to make a living or else, they won't be in business. If 39 Dollar Glasses stays on track doing what they're doing, we're still happy. We've gone to Mobile Optics and Zenni Optical, and 39 Dollar Glasses is just as competitive. But since 39 Dollar Glasses gives you a credit every time you buy a set of glasses, that helps me a lot coming back to them. Even if it's a couple of dollars or so, it's still better than nothing. It’s been an easy experience with them and I've recommended many people.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I’ve purchased from 39 Dollar Glasses many times. Their website is easy to use, their price is good and the quality is decent.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Sent my favorite pair of glasses in for re-lensing with a new prescription. Bought all the bells and whistles (because they were my favorite glasses). Received a box with a screwdriver, a lens cleaning cloth, a receipt, a postcard and NO GLASSES!!! They claimed someone in the postal system must have tampered with the shipment because "that just doesn't happen." Essentially I spent $234 on a cardboard box and a lens cleaning cloth.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I have been using 39 Dollar Glasses for years and their products are very good and affordable. I've tried so many different pairs both in plastic and metal frames and they are wonderful. 39 Dollar Glasses fulfills my orders and it's perfect every time. Also, their shipping is fast, which is great. In the past, I have waited for weeks but in the last year or so, my order was out on its way to my house in three days.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I've continued to order from 39 Dollar Glasses because of the processing but it has been a little bit more difficult the last two times that I have purchased from them. I made a mistake in the prescription so I sent an email and they said that it was noted and they asked me to send the glasses. The also asked me to include an invoice with the order.

However, the invoice has some but not all of the data that was provided in the prescription and there were things in the prescription wherein I put comments underneath which were not on the invoice. The significant one was the addition of a prism and the second was that the lenses had been marked for precision by an optician. Those comments should've been included in the invoice because the glasses are going to go to some technician and I'm concerned that the information that he'll see is the information on the invoice and the invoice didn't include my comments. However, they send back my priority mail so shipping time is not a significant factor. It's the question of how quickly they can process the order. They have the schedule but they have to make the glasses. Still, I've recommended them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

My sister orders regularly from 39 Dollar Glasses and their website was easy to navigate. I ordered a pair of Fontana glasses with a black frame and a second pair of the brown one. The lenses have anti-glare protection. However, it has been about a week ago since I ordered the glasses and I haven't received them yet.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I've been buying several pairs from 39 Dollar Glasses for three to five years and I've been satisfied. They have a nice selection and they send the items quickly. They always give a nice case and cleaning equipment and the glasses are always well done for what they are. Some of them have broken sooner than they should have, while the others have lasted like any other pair of glasses. One time, I put the wrong shipping addresses and another time, I missed putting in a prescription. Their customer service was quick to respond and they took care of the issue. Our whole family wears glasses and I have three children, so 39 Dollar Glasses is budget friendly for us. Every time I need a new pair of glasses for myself, the kids or my husband, I go to them.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

39 Dollar Glasses are good quality and inexpensive glasses. I just lost a pair of sunglasses I bought three months ago so I ordered another pair and got them very quickly. Then I broke an earpiece off of it and they sent me a new pair of frames at no cost. All I got to do is pop out the lenses. The sunglasses are prescription sunglasses. I also have gotten regular prescription glasses from them and the prescriptions are always right on the money. I just talked to them a week and a half ago and it was fantastic. The girl was very polite and she gave me all kinds of nice information. I didn't know they were going to send me a new pair of frames at no charge. That was very nice. I told several people that I know who have gotten glasses from them too, so it's all about the experience.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Bought glasses some years ago, wireframe, which broke while I was simply opening them. Was dangerous since the break was where the two glasses were connected over my nose. I complained and wanted new pair. Glasses were indeed out of warranty. Company refused to do anything. Company also refused to allow my review of the glasses on their site. So unable to warn others about premature breakage of the frames. Happened in 2014 and relieved that I am now able to make a review.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I like 39 Dollar Glasses that's why I keep buying from them. I got my first pair a few years ago. They're cheap and fast. Customer service has been very good. I wish they could keep their products cheap. I go to the store in town and I find I can buy pretty much the same thing from you guys for 60% of what they want to charge me. The quality is good as well. I got a pair of their store brand glasses. They were good quality than some of the more expensive brands. But you can get more expensive stuff on their site.

With the other websites I don't save a lot of money but with 39 Dollar, I do. I had a set of frames that were store brand and they were kind of cheap. They were okay but my two year old got a hold of them and it got broken. I just bought another set of frames. They mailed it out and I just took a screwdriver, pop the lenses out, put them in the new frame and it's good to go. Another thing I really like is I don't have to upload our prescription. I could go ahead and order from them. But if I wanted to get it from somebody else I'd have to get another doctor's appointment to get my eye checked again. I'm really happy with 39 Dollar Glasses. I already recommended them to a number of people when the question comes up about the glasses. I always tell them 39dollarglasses.com.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Somebody posted to get $10 at 39 Dollar Glasses off on Facebook and it planted a seed. I purchased some other glasses in the last couple of weeks. The glasses are great. I need to call their customer service about a problem with one of them but I'm very optimistic because they helped me out last time with customer service and ordering them. They’ve been great. I'm not really good at ordering the glasses on the computer so I called and this woman was so great helping me decide what kind of frame would go with sunglasses and what kind of frames. She was that good and patient. She took the order in for me so I didn't have to do it all over the internet and all the measuring. I would definitely recommend 39 Dollar Glasses.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

39 Dollar Glasses is a cost-effective and easy way to get quality glasses. I've been using 39dollarglasses for 6 years and got 10 pairs of everyday prescription glasses and three pairs of sunglasses. I got sick of losing or harming expensive glasses so I stopped and 39 Dollar Glasses has been great. I stick with the same range of frames but it’s better if I can get many. The last set I bought was delivered within 4 days although the glasses came twice with the wrong prescription. Other than that, I’m happy with their price and I recommend it daily to people.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I've had regular glasses, a couple of pairs and prescription sunglasses and they're good. I also got some progressive lenses which I didn't like and I ended up replacing them with my old bifocal one, which I like. They set well and they're at a good price. However, they seem to distort my personal vision. I work outside and I always had to look straight at everything and it was driving me nuts. I constantly get two visions with bifocals and it's hard to hike. I get double vision looking down, so I bought a single vision, which were $39. I've been recommending 39 Dollar Glasses to people at work who can't afford glasses. If they don't have special needs, it's going to be cheap.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I've been ordering from 39DollarGlasses for over 10 years now. They're inexpensive and I can see great with it. Recently, I ordered eyeglasses from them and I'm yet to receive it.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I had a small issue while ordering my glasses - I was unable to use the Cyber Money promo code at checkout, even though the code had not expired yet. Obviously, this is not a big deal, but I still wanted to get the discount. I emailed customer service about the promo code and received a response within hours that I was refunded the excess money I would have saved if the code had worked. I am so impressed at the prompt response to such a non-issue that 39DollarGlasses didn't even need to honor. Excellent customer service.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I like that 39 Dollar Glasses has a lab out here in Long Island and their site was user-friendly. Most recently I bought a pair of regular wear glasses, and before that I reordered a pair of glasses that I lost but they broke. I dealt with somebody in tech support and that helped me. He said that he was going to resend a pair of frames and I could just pop out the lenses myself. He didn’t mention if he was actually sending them or not but my other glasses went through. It was through the chat that I used customer service and the guy was very polite. It was a very pleasant experience I had.

The only thing is that on the site, I'm not able to see how far along my glasses are. I used to be able to see what steps they were going through and I like to systematically check and see how far along my order is coming. I also noticed a couple of months ago, I got an alert that somebody might have gotten into my information from the website. Other than that, I always get compliments on my glasses and I tell people every single time, 39 Dollar Glasses. I tell everybody who is willing to listen that it is a really affordable option especially for people who lose their glasses or break them a lot. The experience was quick and simple, and it should be thoughtless other than choosing what glasses or contacts you need.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I’ve been ordering from 39 Dollar Glasses for a couple of years and recently, I got regular eyeglasses. The design is what I would expect from a selection of glasses, but their customer service gets top marks. It’s a wonderful firm and they do nothing but great things.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

The 39 Dollar Glasses website was very easy to navigate for getting a prescription. Other companies seem to be cumbersome about the pupil distance and all the other measurements. I had made a purchase before from 39 Dollar and I've been with them about eight months. Recently, I got Helium regular eyewear glasses. The glasses haven't arrived yet but the ordering experience was very good. The rep was very cooperative, friendly and extremely helpful. The glasses should be here the next day or two. The only thing is I called because I had eye surgery and I thought I could just have the lenses replaced because the scripts were not even close to what I had ordered and the warranty was only for 60 days. I wish they would consider extending the warranty for people who have valid medical reasons to have the script changed.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I've been using 39 Dollar Glasses for a number of years. Their lenses are cheap and good, and their reps are always helpful. However, they should put in their advertisements that when you get your eyes examined by an optometrist, you should ask for your script. Doctors should be a little more forthcoming with giving you a paper prescription that you actually own. Other than that, 39 Dollar Glasses is great and I would recommend them. You can't beat $300 versus $39.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I've been ordering from 39 Dollar Glasses for several years. I recently got a pair of eyeglasses from them. I like the look of the glasses and the price is good. The reps were very helpful, friendly, constructive, supportive and polite. However, I wish they had exclusive deals for returning customers, like coverage on damaged glasses for normal wear and tear, or an insurance program when they break or get scuffed up. Also, they could have more variety of the latest designs and latest styles as well as an inclusive or cheaper anti-glare. The anti-glare film is an additional $25 but it has become necessary with taking pictures. Other than that, 39 Dollar Glasses is good and I'm really satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I've bought eyewear, glasses, and sunglasses from 39dollarglasses.com at one time. But three days ago, which was my recent purchase, it was just the eyewear and we got it today. It came before the expected delivery time. There are a couple different middle people and if they eliminate the middle person, it would be big savings. Nevertheless, wearing their product is an excellent experience. They are totally different and I'd buy another pair. I like their price and the little things they give me. I'm satisfied and would recommend them to others.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I recently purchased my fourth pair of glasses from 39 Dollar Glasses. I order the glasses with the second day shipping through UPS which had tracking included on the shipping. I could not belong into 39 Dollar Glasses website due to their changing their website. I had to call their customer service phone number in order to be able to fix the problem with their website. I was on hold for sixteen minutes wait for someone to answer the phone. When someone did answer the phone the women was rude and obviously could care less that I could log in.

The glasses I order should have been delivered to me within six days maximize time. 39 Dollar Glasses states producing the glasses can take up to four days. Add to that 2 days for shipping. The shipping (second day through UPS ) was delivered on time. 39 Dollar Glasses lied about the shipping date of the glasses I order. Instead of receiving the glasses within six days maximum, it took ten days to receive them.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I found 39 Dollar Glasses on the internet last summer and I liked their service and quality so I’ve placed several orders since. I also liked the price. The way I treat glasses, I need a low price because I wind up losing them or sitting on them so I don’t want to invest a bunch of money in them. I asked the rep, Yvonne, if they could sell me the little things that you put on the glasses so when I'm fixing the car the thing doesn’t fall into the engine. She said they don’t offer them and she said I could try the dollar store. I'm just amazed that they don’t have them. They're trying to sell us stuff that would go along with their glasses so they might want to mention that to the decision makers. Other than that, I’m happy with 39 Dollar Glasses and I’d recommend them.

39dollarglasses.com Company Information

www.39dollarglasses.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use