4.0/5 (251 ratings)

About Eyeglass World

Eyeglass World Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eyeglass World?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eyeglass World?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I needed to find a place that would be able to put new lenses in my frames, without sending my frames out for 2-3 weeks. Eyeglass World stated they could do this. Took my prescription in and they were extremely helpful. Able to order my lenses and my insurance covered almost the full price of the lenses, this has NEVER happened before. I will write another review when my lenses come in and I will see how they did in that regard. Will keep you all posted.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I felt compelled to write a review to praise the Clearwater EyeGlass World because of Lisa and Danielle. First of all I have been diagnosed with ‘Diabetic Retinopathy’. I have had my left eye operated on and get periodic shots in the right eye. I broke my progressives and they couldn’t be fixed. My retina specialist suggested I wait to invest in a new pair of glasses because my eyes are in transition. So I bought one pair so I could read and another for distance to save money. Frankly this solution was driving me crazy trying to keep up with taking them off and on.

I am a senior and on a fixed income and not being able to see well was enough stress. So I went to visit the Clearwater store. Lisa was so customer focused. She really tried to find the most reasonable solution for me. She took her time and was so kind. She then went to talk to Danielle and they gave me the glasses free of charge! I was so appreciative because my prescription is good till January, about four months from now. They have a lifelong customer. In this day and age where greed is the status quo I was pleasantly surprised.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2021

Once again I was fitted with the perfect pair of frames. Heather (Hodges and Beach) is the reason I continue to buy my glasses from this location. She suggested some frames I would never have tried on but absolutely loved them when I did. She is friendly as well as knowledgeable. Her fashion sense is something I rely on when trying to find just the right pair. Over the years she has helped me pick out 6 different frames…each one better than the last.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Dr. ** was great, professional and courteous. The best price advertised with no bait and switch. Updated equipment and testing. Premium frames available with lens options. They took my insurance AARP/United Healthcare. Overall a great experience without high cost. With my insurance I got out of there with 2 pairs and exam for under $65. Location was at 7470 West Bell Rd, Glendale, AZ.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I have a very severe astigmatism. I have never received such a well made pair of glasses. The customer service is as just simply outstanding. The only time I set foot in the office was to pick them up. I never wear my glasses outside my house. These, I wear proudly!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Eye exam on 11/9/21. Said new glasses will be ready by 11/23/21. Called - was told glasses not ready, but will be by 11/26/21. I advised her that new glasses are needed before 12/1/21. Old ones are just too scratched up. 11/27/21 and 11/29/21 Called again - told glasses not here, also told -have not had time to go through all the boxes of glasses yet. 11/30/21 called again and after being told, "Your glasses are not here, need to go through all the boxes of glasses," I asked to speak with supervisor. My glasses were found.

Arrived to get glasses. I was handed my glasses at the customer service counter. I tried them, told her I did not think the bifocal is okay. The line seems really low. She just sat there looking at me. I said it 2 more times. No reply by her, she just looked at me. She was obviously not going to refer me to someone who would fit my new glasses to my face or help with the bifocal line. I asked if I owed any more money, she said no. I said guess I will just live with it and I left. Every time I called I was left on hold 3-5 minutes. Very poor customer service, would NOT recommend or go back.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Updated on 08/07/2021: This is the second part of my review. I received my glasses after 3 three weeks whereas I finally called them. They never called me to tell me my glasses were in. The first time I put them on my vision far away was blurry. They told me there could be a period of adjustment. After three days my headaches got worse and I started seeing double as if I was crossing my eyes. I returned them only to find out they didn't catch at my eye exam I needed prisms in them. My last 3 had them in it. Needless to say I returned them and wasted 4 weeks plus driving 1 hour each way only to not have new glasses. They offer to fix them with my optometrist prescription. Not gonna happen. Now I have to start all over again.

Original Review: I scheduled an appointment with Eyeglass world and they called me everyday for two weeks to remind me plus emails. I got my eyes checked and when I bought my glasses the amount came to $640. This is for two pairs but they said with one pair the price was the same. I waited three weeks for them to come in, (not the same day) as they state and finally called them to see if they had come in. They said, "Oh yea. Didn't anyone call you?" They have no problem calling you to make sure you come in for appt. I will update this review after picking them up. They charge for each lens separately. I will shop elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

Jody assisted mom in finding the perfect glasses and she did not try and add on or make mom purchase more than what mom wanted. We were very happy with the service and quality of the glasses. We will keep using Eyeglass World. Very pleased.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I have used Progressives for decades but I wanted to know in January if I should get separate glasses for distance and one for reading. OMG I never realized how much I would be switching them from one pair to the other. So I returned to my Progressives. Today I wanted to experiment with bifocals. The store associate, Katheryn (Katie) was an immense help. Where she excelled was in explaining the various options for Progressives. I'm going to try the bifocals but I'm excited that the Progressives and all of the options that we discussed might very well be something I may want to pursue next January. Thank you Katie!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

Have used this co. for several years and have actually driven a lengthy distance just because of service. This has come to an abrupt halt not only with service and attitude but with product promises that are not adhered to. Promised one thing and then not followed through with. I will have been waiting for this years glasses for 27 days as a measuring mistake on their part. Ridiculous. I do not see myself returning to this office on Hodges blvd., Jacksonville, FL.

Eyeglass World author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1988 in Duluth, GA, Eyeglass World has 70 locations nationwide to make in-store shopping convenient. In 2009, it became a subsidiary of National Vision, Inc., the owner of Vision Center brought to you by Walmart, America's Best, Vista Optical and other national chains.

• Same day service: Most prescription glasses can be manufactured on site in a single day, including sunglasses.

• Designer eyewear: In addition to discount frames, Eyeglass World also offers top designer brands like Guess, Ray-Ban, DKNY and more.

• Two pair discounts: Never pay full price on the second pair at Eyeglass World. Even the second pair of designer glasses comes at a discount.

• Comprehensive contacts: In addition to hundreds of different glasses, Eyeglass World also carries a range of contacts designed to fit and correct virtually any eye.

• Insurance accepted: Not only does Eyeglass World accept vision insurance to pay for eye exams, they also apply benefits to the cost of glasses.

Eyeglass World Company Information