Lenscrafters

Compare Eyeglasses Online

Research top Eyeglasses Online recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I broke my glasses and didn't have much money to spend on a new pair of glasses. I went in hoping to get mine fixed but the girl Gina said it couldn't be fixed. I was about to walk out but she said she could call my doctor and get my script. So after some time it came and she helped me pick out designer glasses from the sale rack while we waited for my script from my doctor. She was so kind and helpful. It seemed like she was the only person working. The blond girl behind the desk didn't say anything to me when I came in. Gina was quick to help me. Gina got me my new glasses in my budget and in less than a hour. The guy in the back was very nice too. I think his name was Peter. If it wasn't for Gina and Peter I wouldn't be able to see. I would recommend this Lenscrafters to anyone that needs good glasses and customer services.

Terrible. I called because my glasses are causing me headaches terribly. I was told they would make them for free they wanted to charge me 54 dollars. I am so frustrated. I got a different frame off the hot deals which was 77 dollars and then I had paid 150 and they said I got none of that money back. No phone call return nothing.. This is about the last time I throw my money at this organization.

Excellent experience regarding the store in Apple Blossom Mall, Winchester, VA: The eye dr, Mr. Seung ** OD, gave my husband a very thorough eye exam, spending a great deal of time for accuracy of his prescription. The whole experience was professional, thorough, friendly and informative. I also thought the fees were reasonable. We then went to pick out frames and received the same great service from Chris **, Apprentice Optician. Mr ** was also thorough, professional and attentive to customers who entered the store. We bought the 1 yr warranty for little money compared to the normal cost of my husband's glasses. We must wait for his glasses because they are special lenses, but expect the same quality as our previous purchases from this store. We're glad we again chose LensCrafters and hope to continue doing business with them in the future.

I went into LensCrafters and bought a pair of prescription classes. I'm a Ray-ban fan. When I picked up my glasses I didn't notice that the Italian Ray Bans that I spent hundreds of dollars on were made in CHINA. Right there on the inside of one of the arms, it said Made in China. I was so angry and very bewildered. I've bought Ray Bans for LC before and they clearly say, Made in Italy. But, this time my glasses say Made in China. I called LC a couple of weeks later to speak to the manager, I wanted and paid for glasses Made in Italy. The manager basically said "Ray-ban has a factory in China where the glasses are produced, very poor quality." They offered me nothing for my dissatisfaction. I will never buy glasses from LC ever again.

I am 59 and have been using prescription glasses for most of my life. Two years ago, I bought a pair of Burberry frames from LensCrafters, with the lenses, and paid over $550 for these. Nine months later, the frames broke. When I brought them to LensCrafters, I was told I'd have to buy a new frame, which I did ($200+). I bought the same Burberry frame so that I would be able to use the existing lenses. The new frame broke about 10 months later. When I brought them to LensCrafters, I was told there was nothing they could do. They did not offer to repair the frame or reimburse me in any way. I have never had a pair of frames break in the 45 years I've been wearing glasses, so I can only assume the Burberrys were cheap knock-offs which LensCrafters sold as originals. LensCrafters looks like a professional shop, but don't be fooled.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?

Rimless glasses purchased not 3 months ago and the stem broke away from the lens. I had already been in to have the same stem tightened up. Today I was told my glasses can't be fixed, and because I did not buy their protection plan (the glasses were Bulgari with Swarovski crystals) for an extra chunk of money, I was S.O.L. Who does that? I thought I was turning down an extended warranty, not that they wouldn't stand by their workmanship AT ALL. I mean, not even a 90 day warranty?? Never going back and will tell people every chance I get to not buy from them.

I purchased eyeglasses in October. January the nose piece fell off. I took it to the store where it was purchased at and was told I didn't purchase the 200+ dollar warranty so they could not help me, unless I wanted to purchase a new pair. They seems to enjoy the fact that had I paid more money I could have had my issue resolved. Why would I go back to anyone who doesn't offer at least a 90 warranty. My only resolution is not to go back.

They have a good selection of frames from major brands, but I always buy Brooks Brothers frames, since they are the only ones that carry those. I always take advantage of their 50% off on lenses, and when I do, the price is very competitive. The delivery usually takes less than two weeks since I have a special prescription, but the glasses are of excellent quality.

Lenscrafters has methods of quick exams and accurate positioning of the bifocals, etc. They got it right the first time compared before when I had to take my glasses back four times before the bifocals were right. However, there were not too many selections of glasses to choose from which I cared for but the ones I bought is fine. My glasses work fine but they are a little less sturdy than my previous ones.

I would strongly recommend not going to Lenscrafters for anything. Each time I have been they are running behind schedule, even with prescheduled appointments. The service is very lackadaisical. I am a young person who is purchasing their product yet they still treat me as a child and tend to help the other adults in the room first when I have been waiting. My last visit it was evident to me that they are not up to date with their surroundings and profession. They were talking about having a cheat sheet because they can't seem to remember the correct width for certain prescriptions, it was very unprofessional. All that to say they were kind people just very lazy and not knowledgeable about their profession or how to assist customers in a timely manner.

I bought glasses at the Lenscrafters in Champaign, IL. I live 50 miles south of the store. I have had to drive back up there 3 different times. When I first bought the glasses, I told them my eyes felt strained almost immediately, like my prescription was wrong. I had my eye exam that day and was told the doctor was making the lenses "slightly stronger". I was told to wear them a few days and I would get used to them. The 2nd trip was for more adjustments, as my vision had not improved and I am back in my old glasses. The 3rd trip was to return them. On the 3rd trip, I was informed that the doctor had screwed up my script and made my glasses WEAKER than what I started with.

Lenscrafters wants me to pay for another $75 exam to adjust the lenses. Seriously? The people that work in the Champaign, IL store are rude and very condescending when dealing with customers. They act like they are annoyed that you are even there. I have worn glasses for 37 years, and they spoke to me like it was my first day on the planet. With glasses. I would NOT recommend this company.

I was charged for things I didn't ask for two years ago so the salesperson could run up the bill. The prescription was wrong in my right eye and all they did was keep adjusting my glasses with no luck. I went back today like a fool to give them a second chance and was I wrong. On my eye exam they charged me extra for a retina exam after telling me my co-pay was $20. They had me sign a paper in a dimly lit room and afterwards told me my co-pay was $59. Afterwards they started the fast talking about this coupon vs insurance vs triple A. They get you so confused that you don't have any idea about what's going on. After all of that they charge you a ridiculous price for a pair of glasses. I told them I was quoted a co-pay price of $20 and they say SORRY. Don't be deceived by the fast talking confusing tactics that they rely on to empty your pockets. I will never go back and neither should anyone else.

Glasses are always amazingly expensive. Although I think Lenscrafters' prices are comparable to others, but it's still a high price for what you get (although eyes are important). Lenscrafters is a good place to get glasses. They have various price points and good quality glasses, however there's a slight distortion in vision. But they give discounts, have a large selection, and the people are knowledgeable and friendly. They also deliver in "about an hour".

They have a large selection and you can add what you need to protect your eyes. But the glasses are way overpriced, they make money on the frames that are expensive and then the lens cause I need glare and sun protection which amounts to a high price. My glasses, which I picked up at Lenscrafters, are made of good materials. But they're hard to clean, so I end up just washing them with soap and water. I can't even just clean them with the cloth that they gave me, which I find a pain.

When the Doctor found I had a film over my eye and needed it lasered, they told me I could come back and replace the left lens for $25.00 if it needed to be changed. They didn't tell me how long I had and it took a long time to see the Doctor and then you have to go back for the procedure, so my time ran out. When I asked them to replace the lens they said they don't do that, but yet they where going to do it if my time didn't run out so I don't understand them. My ophthalmologist replaced it for $600.00, which was $200.00 less than the entire pair of glasses with the frame. Not happy with him so my glasses ended up costing me $1400.00, that made my credit card company happy and I realize you can't trust Doctors either. A lot of crooks out there.

The store offers excellent quality, variety, and options. If you can afford it, I would highly recommend. My glasses ended up costing over $400, but they have lasted for over 5 years. One could probably get glasses done for a cheaper price, if you can wait for them.

I went to Lenscrafters on the 23rd of December. I was told I would be able to pick my glasses up that next Friday. Well I called them cause I didn't want to go out of my way in case they had not come in. Well needless to say they called me said that they had to send my glasses back in cause Angel which was the one who called me that she had broke my glasses. So then she told me Tuesday of the next week I could pick them up. Well there again I called them & they told me it would be Wednesday sometime. I called them on Wednesday & that's when they told me it would be Thursday or Friday now. I told them at this time that I was very unhappy with all of this & ask to them to give my money back so I could go somewhere else & get me some glasses that I was needing very bad. That's when she told me they didn't keep that kind of money in their drawers & that corporate would be sending a check to me.

I spent almost $500 with these people & they want to give me the runaround. Like when I ask them for corporate offices number they gave me 3 different numbers & I never got a hold of nothing or no one. And the whole time they were very hateful. I will not tell my friends or family members about Lenscrafters. My receipt says 30 day happiness guarantee which gives me the right to ask for my money back. Anyway I can't wait 2 to 3 weeks for it cause I have to go somewhere else to get me a new pair of glasses & that money is going to pay for them elsewhere. If it is at all pos. for one of you all to call me it would be greatly app. & if you can today would be a great day. Thank you very much & so sorry that this may not make sense that's why I would like for someone to call. Thank you again.

I have purchased several pairs of glasses from Lenscrafters, and the measurements on the lens are always incorrect, which impedes upon my ability to see. The quality and value for the price of the glasses are poor. When I got my order in store, the representative displayed limited patience.

They're too expensive! I could buy the same pair of glasses at Walmart for about 1/3 the price. The only advantage is the glasses are made in-house so if my particular lens is in stock, they're ready in 1 hour. But I would not go there again.

Glasses at Lenscrafters all looked alike and price was horrible, about $50-$75 too high. Their eye doctor was good, but frame selection is very limited. I felt like it was the old shell game so I refused to play it. I left the store and went to Four Eyes where they had a bigger selection and lower prices.

I'm incredibly disappointed with LensCrafters right now. For the past several years we have always gone there for eye appointments and glasses; they have always been kind, helpful and provided great customer service. This week, my kids are in town and my daughter broke her glasses. Her mom is getting a new pair but needed one measurement, pupillary distance, before she could place the order. In the past, we've been able to go in and get measurements or have glasses repaired with no issues. But yesterday, December 31st, I took my 6 year old daughter in to get the measurement, and received the worst customer service I've ever had there. The man I spoke to was rude and condescending and when I told him what we needed, he rudely said, "We don't give that out." From this point on, I will no longer use LensCrafters nor will I recommend them to anyone. If that's how they provide customer service, I will take my business elsewhere.

Lenscrafters has a slim in-store selection. I went to both local malls here but wasn't impressed. The Promenade Mall store is closest to my office so I went there first. The doctor was great but the selection was nearly nonexistent. I went to the other location and they suggested where there was a larger selection but the customer service was hit or miss. I had to go in 3 times before I finally had someone speak with me. And the glasses I liked on the site, they didn't have in-store, and I had a 2 week wait for them to order samples to try. I actually caught my frames on sale. But I hated my original selection and opted for Third Culture sunglasses that they put standard lenses in. They had a higher price point than expected for plastic frames with metal legs, are oversized, and the lens were more expensive than the frames. But they are high quality by a trusted label and I have been wearing them for over a year now

The quality is great in relationship to price and the value increases with price. Would highly recommend Lenscrafters to anyone. Great discounts, staff with knowledge, great customer service, and have used them in 3 states with no problems.

I bought my daughter a new pair of glasses at the Shoppers World Brampton store. When we came back to pick up, they made us wait for over 30 minutes for a 5-minute service to have my daughter try it on and make a little adjustment. They know it will only take a few minutes to send us on our way, unless they want to admit that they do such a poor job that they expect to need major adjustments. One of them was finishing up with a customer when we came but moved right on to a new customer instead of giving us a few minutes for the pick-up. Another was waiting for a customer to finalize his selection. Why can't one of them politely excuse herself from the customer and say "I will be just a few minutes, as this young lady is just here to pick up her glasses." Why? Isn't it because they want to make sure they don't lose the sale with the new customer, and they can't lose my daughter anymore because we have already paid?

You get what you pay for, I got a quality set of glasses and I'm very satisfied. I bought them in store and I would recommend them. They have a wide variety of frames and endless shapes, colors and varieties of glasses to choose from. They are patient with you while you select your glasses. I was very happy with the experience, and the quick delivery in making the glasses.

Lenscrafters' selection is extensive and their price and quality are excellent. The sales staff was friendly and courteous and gave me all the time I needed to pick the pairs I liked. The process was efficient and I received a text within one hour that the glasses were ready for pickup.

Terrible customer service. Spent thousands of dollars there, and discovered a defect in the frame of my glasses within the second year. This defect resulted in them gradually developing a hairline fracture down each lens, both fractures occurring in the exact same spot. When I went in to confront them about it, I was immediately treated like it was my fault, and told that it couldn't possibly be a defect. I have gone through many pairs of glasses, and have taken great care to ensure they stay in good condition, never mistreating them, so this was very insulting to me.

The looks they gave me, along with the faces they made, were so accusatory, it was just terrible. This is the last time I will ever shop at this location, not to mention Lenscrafters as a whole. Paying such a high premium for glasses, you would expect some sort of lifetime warranty on defects. Not so at all, and not even a hair of respect for the paying customer. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS.

You get what you pay for; their frames are very overpriced! But having tried other optical suppliers, I find the quality of their glasses to be the best. I have gone to most of "the other" popular purveyors, but I always end up at Lenscrafters. Quality is number one, and I have always been satisfied with their product. There are plenty of styles to choose from and delivery was relatively prompt. Although my prescription is not kept in stock on premises. But it's a great product and I get very good service from their staff all of the time.

They have a good selection and it was fairly easy to find something. The price of the glasses is high considering the promo, but with requirements made it costly. The quality is 8/10, but it took a long time to get the glasses as they had issues getting them in. The experience was okay, but I wish it was less hoops to jump for advertised promotions to be valid, and quicker delivery of my glasses but not sure if others have same issues with delayed delivery.

They incorrectly mounted new bifocal lenses into new frames (Not an inexpensive set of glasses). We have tried multiple times to get these corrected. They adjusted the lenses, tried to convince my wife that it is normal when the prescription is different between her eyes, and now just refuse to do anything. My wife has worn glasses all her life. She knows when they aren't correct. I'm reaching out to the national office to see if I can get some satisfaction. I was with her tonight for the latest example of poor customer service. I was planning to buy glasses myself. Now I am shopping for a new store.

Hello everyone, in November this year I had my eyes examined at LensCrafters Scottsdale fashion square, I bought Tom Ford eyeglass frames from the same Mall not Lenscrafters but I went to LensCrafters for the Lens. I had a good salesperson and that's as far as it got, I was told the glasses with the lens would be shipped to me in France within 3 days, I cannot tell you how many times I emailed customer services at LC. I finally got a tracking number from them, but they did not know who the shippers were (strange). Anyway I traced the number to UPS which showed as the package was shipped and received in OHIO. Yes OHIO!! The mind boggles!!

Anyway in the end LC customer services (why do they say they are customer services) I finally spoke to another person who said she would call the export department (I never knew about this before or was it ever mentioned). Anyway she said she would call back a few days ago with a tracking number, she never did. But surprise surprise the package was delivered today the 15th December 2016, 5 weeks later I might say. So the moral of this story is, the salespersons get their commission but after that, that's it, too long a delay from 3 days to 5 weeks. Very bad customer service, bad after sales, lack of communication.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1983, Lens Crafters was the pioneer of one hour glasses, and now continues to offer that core service with some of the newest lens technology.

• Onsite eye doctor: Schedule an eye exam online and visit the Lens Crafters store to get an updated prescription and order new glasses.
  • Insurance accepted: Don't pay out-of-pocket for an exam or a pair of glasses with vision insurance.
  • Designer brands: Get frames by Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Gucci and other top brands at Lens Crafters.
  • Trend spotting: See the latest trends in eyewear broken down by overall style choices. Sport the latest in Geek Chic or stand out with a pop of color. This allows buyers to see the hottest trends in today's eyewear.
  • Complete kids line: Not only does Lens Crafters offer dozens of frames for kids, they do it at 50 percent off the price.
  • Best for Kids, Teens, Professionals and Contacts wearers.

Compare Eyeglasses Online