1.21/5
Based on 57 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 25, 2018

394 Lenscrafters Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 25, 2018

Three weeks ago took myself and my daughter to get eyes checked after a year. They said my eye prescription changed so I picked new frames and lenses. The lenses were bad so I went back next day. Said the frames were not right kind for my script. Did it again, this time I couldn’t see and went back to old glasses. Went in and 3rd time's lenses looked cheap and not like my current specks. 4th time I was upsold to hi def lenses and when I got them they creaked and popped. Went to clean them and the lenses popped out. Took them back. They were cut wrong for my frames. Had enough. Gave them 4 chances to get it right and asked for money back. Lady was a complete **. She said I was past my 30 day refund even though it’s starts when I get new glasses. Even so I was 7 days under their 30 but she was too hot on trying to deny my refund instead of helping me she didn’t look at the calendar.

I was gonna give them one more chance but when she started lying to me about it all and not coping to the reasons why I was back a 4th time I saw what LensCrafters was all about. They could care less about your vision. All they want to do is make their shareholders happy. Business and life isn’t about shareholders you twits! It’s about people and doing a good job in business! Never again. Oh and she had to refund my card $177 like 4 times cause she couldn’t figure out how to do that. Worst medical experience I have ever been a part of. How can a company and its staff not care about my vision and only care about the sale. Oh and they still shorted me by $60 my bank said today. But ya know it’s worth it just to get rid of the lying flip CHRISTINA, retail manager (laughable) on La Palma. You should be fired.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Lens Crafters Hemet Ca - Had my exam in Nov 2017. Told Dr that was seeing double almost like split screen effect. He had perfect solution... I needed prisms in both lenses. Left eye had 4 prism, right 1. No insurance so couldn't fill script till March. I was so excited about the prospect of seeing everything as one instead of split. Was told of 30 day money back guarantee. Picked up my.glasses and was told that it would take take two weeks for my eyes to get used to prisms. Pretty much couldn't see for 2 weeks but kept waiting to adjust. 2.5 weeks later went back and told them... Lady was very nice and started to adjust prism strength on trial glasses. Still couldn't see. She went back and got the Dr. He came out and was very frustrated and told her to take out prisms completely... They made new pair with no prisms.

I can see better now but was never offered any refund on cost for prisms and I actually would have never purchased glasses knowing that double vision couldn't be fixed. The girls are nice in there but the Dr loves to push these prisms. Heard him sell two different patients prisms. Hope they worked for them. Just be careful and don't get talked into prisms unless you know for sure you need them and more so are able to see out of them. You won't get any refunds and they aren't cheap.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I took my favorite glasses that I purchased some years ago to Lenscrafters, 777 3rd Ave @ 49th St., NYC 10017; 212.527.2363 on May 3rd or 4th, 2018. I spoke with ** about my unique butterfly, cat frames and that they have the wrong prescription in them to which I need changed. I showed him my prescription from my doctor and soon asked how much it would be. He said, oh wow, "well first we have to find out if we can even do them because of its shape". He asked another associate, and his response was "yeah they can do it". ** then said it should take up to about 3 days for me to hear back from them on whether or not they can do it, but that I probably will not hear anything back until it is finished.

I received a vmail message from ** on May 14, 2018 stating that they CRACKED my glasses. I didn't understand and asked what he meant. He said the place in which they send glasses to, broke my glasses (frames). I went directly over there after work approximately 6:00 pm and saw my favorite unique glasses that do not exist ANYWHERE (not even on-line) are cracked on the top of the frame. RUINED. ** apologized and refunded my $345.00, which was the cost of my prescription.

He then asked how much I paid for the frames. I told him it was some years ago and I no longer have the receipt and that they are definitely not under $150.00. He said they will reimburse me, but he doesn't know how much and that his manager will be in the next day at 12:00 and the manager should give me a call around 2:00. I was in the store approximately 2:15. When I told ** (Store Market Manager) the story, he said I can have any glasses in the store for free. I told him that I do not trust Lenscrafters again, want nothing to do with them and I just want to be reimbursed for my broken frames. He said because I have no receipt that there's nothing he can do. I responded, "I spent no less than $200.00 on these frames" (realizing afterwards that it was more than I told **) and "that's how you deal with your customers?" "Why would I want anything to do with Lenscrafters after YOUR outsourcing company broke my glasses?"

As I walked out of the store he said, "have a good day." I came back approximately 8 minutes later while he was on the phone to read his nametag. He took out his business card and handed it to me (while he was on the phone) and said, "here so you have all the information." He was very unsympathetic with a nonchalant attitude. This was some customer service Lenscrafters. I totally underestimated your professionalism. I think now I see why Lenscrafters are closing around NYC. They are HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Never never never have anything to do with their credit card. Sounds good at first but is not. Bought in February two sets of glasses. Was talked into the card... was told should take 7-10 days to get the card and statement... wrong. No card in March, April finally got here. Paid in full April 26. Got call saying they have not received our payment and are wanting payment again. Will never, never, never do this again. Hoping this will not screw up the credit.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I had my eye exam on April 12 and left my frames with them and requested to get new transitional lenses in them. They are my personal frames that I have had lenses put in them by a different LensCrafters location in the past. First they gave me a 3 week turnaround time which is longer I’ve ever heard. I call after 4 weeks and I am told that they have LOST my frames. I’m told that they “pulled my file prematurely”, which means nothing to me, and that my frames just lost. The assistant manager of the shire offered for me to pick out whatever lenses they sell for free. I am not interested in the generic glasses they sell that’s why I had my own.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?

Original review: May 3, 2018

On 4/7/18 I brought my 86 year old Mother in for her yearly exam and lenses (she was keeping her frames). Being told she needs special lenses - OK - had to wait a week, called, (no text), go in and drop off her glasses - then an hour - no text. Call them again, asking are they ready? Yes, we go in and they were wrong, she couldn't see out of them, we were left to sit and wait for the Dr., another person comes in, no appointment, no insurance and is called in next - we were waiting for close to 2 hours just for the Dr. Re-exam, wait some more, some sales girl, not listening, puts the order in - wait a week, call them - (no text), the lens have been there for 3 days, (then I get a text after my call) bring the frames - wait an hour, go in, they are wrong, the bi-focal were sticking out of the lenses.

They will fix them, wait a week, go in, needs to see another Dr. - wait around, Dr. said they were too strong (this is the 3rd exam since 4/7/18). Under the understanding, they will be ready in an hour, call them, must wait another week - didn't even send her home with her old glasses. It is May 2nd and we must wait another week. I had to ask them to clean them the second time we were there and they were wrong, as they were popping in her old lenses again and handed them to her dirty - eww. Needless to say this manager Kervin has lost my entire family's business and I will tell this story to everyone I know that goes, or plans to go to the Totowa Lenscrafters. My Mother has to sit for another week wearing 3 year old glasses, not able to needlepoint or watch the Yankees. NICE way to treat the elderly Lenscrafters! Whenever I would call all I received were excuses and not 1 apology for waiting over a month for a pair of lenses - their specialty.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I broke my glasses, and needed new ones quickly. I went to Lenscrafters and was told they'd be in within the week. A week and a half passed, so I called the store and was promised they'd be in the store in two days. Two days later, I had to call again and was told that my glasses hadn't even been shipped yet, and that I could expect them in five days. No one could tell me why they had taken so long, so I submitted a complaint. I'm not sure anyone actually read my complaint, though, because I was asked a few questions that were clearly answered in my original complaint. Now I'm being ignored by corporate, and plan to return my glasses and go somewhere else. I'd never use Lenscrafters again after this.

Original review: April 8, 2018

The store in Northridge mall. There's a gal there named Dianna...she's totally RUDE to me. She was 8 feet away from me and said I smelt of alcohol and refused to help me...and said she wouldn't give me my refund. She said to come back in 3 hours to see her manager. I suggest nobody do business with this store.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Due to an insurance change we were forced to utilize Lenscrafters, and not previous providers so I scheduled eye exams and subsequent glass selection with LensCrafters. My husband required two separate pairs of glasses, one for regular use and the other for computer work. I required progressive. We selected our frames, and ordered... we also had coupons for extras such as tinting, anti reflective glare etc. which were used. A week went by and my husband received notice that one pair of his glasses were ready for pickup. We live 50 miles away so opted to wait for the other 2 pair to come in... 2 days later he received a call that his 2nd pair were in and I received a call that my glasses had come in but the lens were broken in transit and had to go back to be remade.

Another week went by, still no glasses for me so we went on a weekend and picked up my husband's. I was then told that mine were at the UPS facility in town and hadn't been delivered. I asked whether they could be picked up and they said they called but couldn't. LensCrafters promised they would call me the moment they came in. Several more days and still no news so I called again, and my glasses were indeed in so we drove the 50 miles to pick them up.

Now when I ordered my glasses I ordered a special Anti glare lens which the tech and I had a long discussion about but when my glasses came in they came in as transitional ones with no Anti Glare. I called and the person who did the order said he remembered me and specifically recalled I went with transitionals, he offered to remake and to have me pay the added cost but I am done with LensCrafters. Never been jerked around so much before for a pair of glasses and I really wish our insurance covered our previous providers.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I ordered my glasses 2 weeks ago. I called 4 days ago and was told the would be in today, so I called this morning and was told they would check and call me right back, 5 hours later they call me back and say they had to send them back because they used my old prescription instead of the new one. My old script is 5 years old and my eyes are worse, but they decided the new script was too strong so they took it upon themselves to just use the old one instead of contacting the Dr. I now have to wait another 4 to 5 days for them, very disappointed, won't use them a third time!

Original review: March 16, 2018

Staff are inept at Cinema Point, Colorado Springs store. Can't read and input correct prescriptions. This is second time in 4 years that the same mistake was made by careless and inept staff member. Hard to imagine but true. Huge inconvenience. From now on, I'm going to ABBA.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Anti-glare coating defective. This problem is very similar to the complaint of Amy of Charleston, WV, Jan 19, 2018. This is not a problem with this specific location as I have read enough other complaints on other websites to know that this is a company wide problem so any potential Lenscrafters customer should be concerned.

In Nov. 2016 Lenscrafters at the Town Center Mall, Boca Raton FL replaced both lenses in my favorite frame, one that is impossible to find a current replacement for. After a few months, a few spots appeared on the front side of both lenses – looked like water spots but would not wash off. This store said I must have splashed some caustic liquids on them dissolving the anti-glare coating - I greatly doubted that. I had not purchased their protection plan as in over 50 years of wearing glasses I had never had an issue.

So they would not help me without that plan - they claimed that the problem with the coating was the fault of the lens manufacturer, Varilux who I contacted -Varilux stated they neither make nor apply that coating. So I brought the issue to the attention of Lenscrafters headquarters who did instruct this store to replace the lenses – great! However the store would not allow me to purchase their protection plan for these new lenses.

After a few months the coating on both of the new lenses wore off to a much greater extent – not just a few small spots but about 25% on one lens and 50% of the other in the center of both lenses - very unsightly. In this case it looked as if it was caused by wiping the lens with a cloth. I was totally honest with the store, admitted that I sometimes used a soft shirt to do this as opposed to the approved soft cloth which they recommend; during this same time period I was wearing other glasses from other companies which I much more frequently cleaned by using a shirt to wipe them. I have used my shirt for cleaning the many pairs of glasses which I have had for many years - not just a few months - without ever having this problem.

Neither the store nor headquarters was willing to do any more than a discount off their regular price to replace them again – when I asked if I could buy the protection plan for the new pair they stated that they no longer sell the protection plan for Varilux lenses, only for their own brand of lenses which are much more expensive. The store could not explain why they will no longer warranty the Varilux lenses. Am I wrong to be suspicious that this is an admission that they have had too many similar claims for these defective lenses?

Original review: March 8, 2018

I went into Lenscrafters near my job, on Court Street in Brooklyn, NY, the day after Christmas. It was the end of the year, and I decided to get an eye exam to utilize my insurance benefits before the year ended. Upon entering, I was immediately helped. I provided my insurance cards, and promptly saw the eye doctor. I had an exam for eyeglasses as well as contact lenses. When done with the exam, the gentleman who took my insurance, was also the associate who assisted me in picking out glasses. Since my prescription had changed, I decided to get 2 pairs of glasses. After sitting down and going through everything, including my insurance benefits, my out of pocket cost was $1287. I thought this was pricey, but thought it was because I paid extra to get my lenses thinned out, as well as insurance on both frames. I tried putting down half the money, but was told it had to be paid upfront, which I did.

After some time passed, I realized my health insurance company sent me a claim for my eye exam, and not my main vision insurance. After calling, I was told my benefits weren't utilized! SMH. So, when I handed the guy both my insurance cards, apparently, he only ran one. Why he would do that and not mention it to me, is beyond me. I called Lenscrafters to see if I could somehow use last year’s benefits, even though we were now in 2018, I was told I could not. I tried putting up a fight and explaining it was their error not mine, but was told there was nothing I could do.

I decided to go back to the store to return both pair of glasses because at this point I was frustrated. I spoke with the manager, who was able to call my insurance company, explain what happened, and get the price adjusted so that I could get partially refunded and pay the amount I should have paid originally. Because of the professional way she handled things, I decided to keep one pair, and only return the second. In total, I was refunded $880 out of $1200, and also $200 from my FSA.

After some time passes, I realize I never saw the credit on my credit card. I did the return on 1/25/18, and called LENSCRAFTERS on 3/5/18. I spoke with the same woman who helped me, and originally she said the credit should have went through, but that she was going to look into it for me. In the meantime, I started an investigation with my cc company. Three days later, on 3/8/18, the LENSCRAFTERS rep left me a vm saying she confirmed that the credit never went through, and I should be seeing it within the next few days.

Talk about bad ordeals! The whole situation has me completely turned off by LENSCRAFTERS. It was ridiculous that the sales rep knew he sought coverage through one of my insurance plans, and did not utilize my main vision plan at all. When he was going through everything with me, he explained what insurance was taking off, so I assumed he was using both. If he wasn't, that should have been mentioned to me immediately. Additionally, when I called back, the rep on the phone told me that didn't even take my main insurance, which is FEP Blue Vision with Blue Cross Blue Shield. However, when I went into the store, to do the return, the manager explained they did take it, and the rep was probably confused. SMH. So, the rep should have gotten clarification before telling a customer something like that!

LENSCRAFTERS has a huge selection of frames, and is accessible because of their many locations. However, in my experience, they need to do better in training their associates. They should not be assuming anything. The only thing that was the saving grace in this situation, was the 30 day money back guarantee, and the fact that the manager was knowledgeable. She was also very polite. But their cons far outweigh their pros. I wasn't even offered an explanation as to why the credit was never issued to my card. You couldn't pay me to go back to LENSCRAFTERS.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I recently went for an eye test at this establishment which operates inside of a Lenscrafters Store. The glasses I received were not suitable and did not correct my vision. After my 4th visit it still could not be resolved and I was told to come back yet again (This would mean at least another 2 visits). Eventually the store refunded me for the glasses and I returned them. The doctor’s office however is now trying to distance themselves from the store and insist I need to come back for another test. I do not wish to make this lengthy trip again. I went to a different eye doctor who said that the prescription is too severe a change from my last prescription and likely would be too extensive. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

On January 13, 2018, I went to the Lenscrafters at the Avenue East Cobb in Marietta Georgia for my annual eye exam. Following my exam I elected to have the new lenses placed in my Chopard (Sku #VCH 097 55 16 0743 1400) frames valued at US $494.95. In placing my order I have been a Lenscrafters customer for several years and simply handed over my frames to the manager that fit my glasses. I was then informed that they should be back from the lab within 7-10 days.

After the 7-10 days had passed, I arrived in the store to pick up my glasses only to be informed that the frames had been broken during shipment to the lab. The manager apologized for the inconvenience and offered to remedy the situation by replacing the frames. Unfortunately they did not carry my frames and then offered to have the Regional Manager purchase them on a company credit card. I should have been suspect when they could not purchase the frames from the local store. However, I proceeded to take them up on the offer and assumed that my frames would be ordered, shipped to the lab and then be ready for pickup within another 7-10 business days at the earliest.

To my dismay I returned to the store after the 7-10 days with the expectation that the new glasses would be ready and available for pickup. On this occasion the Manager informed me that the Regional Manager had yet to order the frames and that they could not give me an estimated date on when my new glasses would be available.

During the course of several follow up calls I have continually asked to be contacted directly by the Regional Manager in an effort to get a clear answer on when the frames would be ordered and available. The Store Manager shared that company policy did not allow them to give out the Regional Manager’s contact information and that she would again pass along my information to her manager in an effort to quickly resolve the matter. Needless to say I was very frustrated with the lack of customer service and the situation has only deteriorated without resolution. The Store Manager who offered to get the replacement glasses obviously did not know what she was doing, as she kept stating that she is awaiting action by the Regional Manager.

As of this date, I have continually contacted the local manager requesting that the Regional Manager contact me directly, without any action. Additionally, I have requested to be either reimbursed or compensated as they have already billed my insurance. All of this effort has amounted to nothing more than continued delays and continued poor service. At this point the only resolution that would be acceptable by me would be reimbursement for my frames, my eye exam and the satisfaction of taking my business on to a more customer focused competitor. I have been repeatedly told that they still do not have the glasses. "Sorry there is nothing that I can do to help you." My husband and I have been Lenscrafters customers for over several years, but will definitely not be going back.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I ordered glasses from Lenscrafters two weeks ago. On the 16th, they called me to say they thought it would be in the shipment arriving on the 19th. On the 19th, they told me it would arrive the 20th. On the 20th, they told me it would arrive on the 21st. Clearly they have no tracking system that can be relied upon. It did arrive on the 21st - but, they told me, they checked it and the right lens has the wrong prescription. Apparently, instead of checking it at the factory, they ship it, wait for it to finally arrive, and only THEN check it to see if they got it right!

So, I asked, when will I get my glasses? The associate told me she doesn't know. She wouldn't even venture a guess, other than to say she would talk to "regional." Lenscrafters is expensive, slow, has no ability to track orders accurately, and apparently has no quality control in place until after they ship you your product. They have a great selection of frames - but that's about the only thing in their favor. Seriously, I will never use them again. If they took a tenth of the money they spend on advertising and used it to improve their service, maybe they'd improve.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

The customer service has gone way downhill since they outsourced the creation of the lenses. They do nothing but try and upsell you low-quality classes. All the lenses and glasses are now outsourced and the quality has gone down tremendously while prices have stayed the same or gone up. You also have to fight to get your glasses in 2 to 3 weeks. They don’t even call you when they eventually come in weeks later. So sad to see a business from going from such a great organization to one of the worst in my 45 years on this earth.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

On December 20, 2017 I went to LensCrafters. I asked them if they carried Crizal lens. The salesman said they had the same lens but they didn't call theirs Crizal. I ended up buying a pair of glasses for $468.53. I ordered frame Style SF2197 in the gun metal, size 54 18 140, progressive bifocals polycarbonate (clear), blue IQ clear, premium anti-reflective, scratch resistant, uv protection lenses. I also bought their one year eyewear protection plan.

When I picked up the glasses I was in a hurry and assumed that I receive the glasses that I ordered. A few days ago. I received an email request from LensCrafters to rate the frames. I took may glasses off and really looked at them. I found out that I had two different nose pads, a hard plastic on one side and a soft plastic on the other side that had a piece broken off. I think they gave me the right style of frame but the color was brown stone not gun metal. The frame size was different than ordered, and the lenses were all scratch up. Scratch resistant lenses should not have scratched that much in less than two months.

I submitted a claim to LensCrafters using their on line form. I received this response from a person at LensCrafters: "Hello Keith, Thank you for contacting LensCrafters customer care. My apologies that you are not happy with your purchase. As you are outside of the 30 day satisfaction guarantee at this time we are unable to return the glasses. You are welcome to use your Extended Protection Plan to get a new frames if the store location has deemed that they are not defective. You are welcome to speak to the store location to make sure that your order contained all the coating that you asked to be put on them when the order was placed. If you need to reach us for further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply back to this email or call us at 1-877-753-6727, option 7."

I responded that I didn't receive the glasses I had ordered and wanted my money back, because I no longer had any trust that Lenscrafters could provide me the correct glasses. I am waiting to hear their response.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

May 15, 2017, I purchased Progressive Lenses Ray-Ban Sunglasses ($405.00) at Lenscrafters 8882-170 street which I had accepted unaware that the lenses were defective. December 26, 2017, I ordered another pair of Ray-Ban Progressive glasses ($422.00) and when they arrived I realized that the short vision was totally out of focus (blurry). The lenses were cut incorrectly, short vision was too low by 4mm. Short vision unable to see anything. I took them back to Lenscrafters and they cut new correct new lenses. With the new correct new lenses, I can see perfectly sharp short and long vision. Now I realized how bad are my previous sunglasses are (unable to see anything short vision).

Store Manager refused to repair the defective sunglasses stating that I should had complained in the first 30 days. Lenscrafters warranty is only 30 days from purchase and they refused to rectify the poor workmanship after 30 days. Claiming that the customer should had the expertise to identify the problems with the lenses. Store Optician admitted that the sunglasses are very bad but they do not take responsibility after 30 days. Stay away from Lenscrafters. It is fly by night operation.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

On January 1, 2018, I went to the Lenscrafters at the Avenue East Cobb to order new glasses. I should have been suspect from the beginning even though I have been a Lenscrafters customer for 15 years. The associate who attempted to fit my glasses obviously did not know what she was doing, as she kept asking the manager to help. I did order the glasses and was told that they should be in within 7-10 days. 2 weeks later when I attempted to follow up, I was told they were very busy at the lab, and it would be even longer. Another week goes by, and now I am told that they either did not have the frames, or they lost them, and they would be re-ordered. I finally did pick up my glasses around the 1st of Feb.

I have requested compensation for the delay and the poor service, and met with the store manager who made several offers of percent off of future purchases, all of which were unacceptable to me. I did request a refund of $100.00, just as a customer accommodation. I have since been told that they do not do that, as the glasses were gotten with insurance (their owned brand). "Sorry there is nothing that I can do to help you." My wife and I have been Lenscrafters customers for over 40 years, but will definitely not be going back, I also will discontinue my insurance with their co, and if necessary will purchase that insurance from someone else.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

On 5/26/17 my husband and I purchased one frame and had lens replaced in 3 sets of frames we brought to the store. All frames brought had been purchased at Lenscrafters in past years. We spent $1562.18 and received 3 of the 4 items. The frames had to have their lenses done offsite. We subsequently had to go back twice to get those frames fixed and replaced.

At no time during the purchase were we offered a protection plan even though we spent considerable dollars at this store in Annapolis Mall. Yesterday I stopped at the store and asked them to look at and repair a scratch on my right lens. I was told I did not have the protection plan which costs $30 and so would have to have lens replaced. I was then told I would have to have both replaced as they aren't sold separately and it would cost me an additional $400 to have them fixed. I find this ridiculous.

I wish I had had the sense to check the Consumer Affairs site prior to spending my hard earned dollars at this business. Clearly other consumers have been oversold with Premium charges (a line item on my receipt that says Premium AR S43) which negates a good amount of my insurance savings on each purchase. We have been purchasing glasses from Lenscrafters for over 30 years and have never had to pay to have lens replaced for a scratch. We will be taking any future business elsewhere. In this day and age there are many more choices and better prices and service. Wake up Lenscrafters and take care of your long term customers. Also, train your employees to be sure to offer the Protection Plan and to try and work with unhappy customers.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I’ve been a customer of LENSCRAFTERS for more than two decades now. I’ve NEVER had a serious issue with this company, until now. Perhaps that’s because I was always a “paying customer!” On January 15, 2018, I purchased a pair of prescription eyeglasses which were valued at over $800 dollars. Fortunately, I have EyeMed insurance that took the bill down to $617.64, receipt number **, from Lenscrafters store number 1641, in Port Richey, FL 34668-4632, 727-842-3733. I asked the salesperson, **, if I could pay half when ordering and the other half upon delivery of these exorbitantly high priced pair of glasses. ** told me no. She said that due to the high costs involved, Lenscrafters, will not take any risk as they have to “send off” to have them made. So, I reluctantly agreed to pay the full amount due.

During the following week, I received a text message on the “wrong” cellphone! She couldn’t even get that straight. I keep the other phone as a spare in case of emergency, thus by chance, saw the aforementioned text. They (Lenscrafters) were informing me my eyeglasses were ready for pick up. I got this new pair of eyewear and noticed they weren’t as clear as my old pair. I chalked it up to perhaps I just wasn’t used to their way of cutting progressive lenses, thus leaving in an attempt to use them.

After over a week, I decided I wasn’t happy with them, and elected to return the glasses in accordance with their “30 Day Happiness Guarantee” as noted on my receipt. Keep in mind, **, never explained this policy to me. I had to be the “adult in the room,” and educate myself on this supposed Happiness Guarantee Policy. I contacted a gentleman, who happened to be a former Lenscrafters store manager to verify the policy and the FACT I need not supply Lenscrafters, their management nor associates of my “reasoning” for returning the glasses.

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018, I went to this Lenscrafters store to obtain a refund for my purchase I was NOT HAPPY WITH! Just my luck, **, the salesperson who sold me these overpriced spectacles, was the “acting store manager.” She immediately assumed a very obstinate attitude. She demanded to know WHY I wished to return them. I told her I didn’t need to provide her with any information, other than the FACT I wasn’t “Happy” with my purchase, and wished to take advantage of the advertised Lenscrafters 30 Day Happiness Guarantee Policy.

This really enraged her. She sighed so loud, everyone in the store took notice. She then raised her voice in disdain. ** said, “what’s your phone number,” to which I responded with “why,” because I’ve told her and her associates my correct one three times now; however, they can’t even correct this minor issue. Further annoyed, she asked for my name. Well I found this concerning as I was just in this very store the day before, getting fitted for contact lenses.

Upon leaving, she address me as Mr. **, inquiring if I preferred to take advantage of my multi pair frame discount, and perhaps I’d be interested in buying a pair of regular sunglasses. So, I “played along.” I gave her my personal information, and she looked it up. She wouldn’t even afford me the courtesy of looking me in the eye when addressing me. This was quite juvenile and disrespectful on her part. Finally, she realized I was on firm ground concerning my desire to return the glasses within the thirty day time period which is a misnomer in and of itself. One’s 30 Day Happiness Guarantee starts running from the date of purchase, not the day of delivery!

**, finally reached the need to desist with her desire to thwart me. However, she did take satisfaction in informing me that she did not have the $617.74 cash, which was the method I employed to pay for these substandard goggles, to refund me. She told me that it would take 7-10 business days to have my funds returned, via corporate check. This was unacceptable to me. I asked her to show me where it is written in the store, on my receipt or in any other reasonable place, just where it informs customers of this need to wait two weeks to receive monies back. ** had no viable retort to my question, other than to say it was “company policy.”

I continued to query her as to how in the world the public at large is expected to know Lenscrafters “corporate policy!” Now she was really upset, and “called for back-up.” Several other Lenscrafters employees stopped by the desk, and simply stood there. None of them attempted any resolution to the problem, they simply tried to intimidate me. This was absurd. I was never vulnerable to anyone in my 30 year law enforcement career, nor as a veteran of our nation’s military. Therefore, Lenscrafters employees were laughable in my opinion. They merely banded together like sheep being led to the abattoir.

Finally I demand to speak with a “corporate manager” since they had no manager on duty. **, “snapped up the phone,” and called Lenscrafters corporate offices. She lied, telling me her “corporate manager” reaffirmed her response to me that the only resolution was to accept this corporate check as re-payment. Then, some blonde haired salesperson interjected some smartass remark thinking I couldn’t hear her. I informed her, in short order, she wasn’t involved in this debate, thus the need to quiet herself. This got her attention as well as the male employee, **, who told ** to “call mall security!” I asked why this was, and I directed my question to **, who now felt emboldened by ** and told me she would no longer deal with me because of “my attitude!”

I told all three I wasn’t afraid to confront mall security on their Segway machines. However, since no one was willing to assist me, I elected to leave the store. Unfortunately, this blonde salesperson couldn’t let me leave peacefully. She waited OUTSIDE the Lenscrafters proper, in the common mall walkway, and continued to further verbally badger me. I told her what she could do with her sentiments, and continued to exit the mall as she shouted profanity laced remarks towards me, a true crimes of Disorderly Conduct, as described in Florida State Statute 877.03.

When I returned home, I contacted Lenscrafters corporate offices to register my complaint with a manager. I was told on two calls, that there was not one (1) manager available. I was told by “Seth” that they were all in a “meeting” therefore unavailable to talk with customers. Seth did state that he’d be sure to pass on my complaint once a manager became available. He went on to say that the office remained open until 9:00 P.M. EST. He assured me a manager would indeed return my call.

I waited until after 9:00 A.M. the following day, February 1, 2018. I had yet to receive a return phone call from Lenscrafters corporate offices. So I had to for the third time, call Lenscrafters corporate. This time, I spoke with “Marie” who informed me there was no manager available to help me. I found this to be getting to the point of deliberate contempt on part of Lenscrafters corporate to circumvent their obligatory duty to properly address customer concerns. Marie said that typically, it takes 24-48 hours to get a managerial antiphonal to customer concerns and or messages left for them. I catechized Marie, asking how ** was able to speak directly with a corporate manager while involved with me; however, as a simple customer, I couldn’t speak with one. Marie looked at my file, then made me aware that ** NEVER TALKED TO A MANAGER AS SHE REPORTED TO ME SHE DID! ** only spoke with an “associate” similar to Marie and Seth!

This whole calamity simply didn’t need to be. Had Lenscrafters store number 1641 had a competent and confident manager on duty as opposed to sales staff, who are feckless at problem resolution, this probably would of been resolved amicably. However, I was trained to match tit for tat others aggressive actions towards me, especially, when I’m outnumbered some 4 to 1. I’ll continue to wait the 48 hours for a return phone call, which I still consider to be reprehensible, however, I’m powerless to change it. Rest assured I won’t “go away” as many choose to do. In fact it appears to be Lenscrafters policy to treat twenty year customers as they’ve now treated me. In fact, that’s precisely why my friend resigned his position with Lenscrafters in favor of acceptance of a managerial position at another optical store.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

They are a ripoff! High price. Save your money. You get the same glasses, lens and better service if you go to WalMart, Sams, or Costco. You get your product in half the time too.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I order some lenses for my Ray-Bans that costed me nearly 400.00 dollars. I thought maybe this company was going to be better than the rest since my eye doctor referred me. Its been over two weeks and I still haven’t received my glasses. Not to mention that when I call their office the people that works there are unprofessional and rude. I am very disappointed with this company, definitely not coming back here.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I purchased a pair of glasses at Lenscrafters for the first time 11 months ago. Recently spots appeared in the coating of the lenses and did not come off when cleaned. When I brought them into Lenscrafters, they responded that even though it looks like a manufacturing flaw, they couldn't be sure how it occurred - that perhaps it was due to cleansers I use, etc. However, I've worn glasses for decades, treated all of them with the same care and products, and this problem never happened before. I had even purchased a pair of sunglasses from Lenscrafters around the same time, treated them the same, and the sunglasses have not had this issue (at least not yet).

They wanted to sell me a new pair for another $429. I took the glasses to another eyewear company and was told that that problem was definitely a manufacturer's flaw and should have been replaced free of charge, with or without extra insurance coverage. I was desperate to have good eyewear again so I had the new company replace the lenses. I also bought a second pair to have as a backup. Lenscrafters lost my business permanently by selling a damaged product and not being willing to make it right.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I purchased a pair of glasses for $497. Decided to get only the frame and requested a refund. They insisted they send me a check even though I paid cash. It’s been 20 days and I haven’t received my refund. Their customer service is ridiculous!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I had purchased a pair of progressive glasses a couple years ago and just recently the screw/spring fell out. Ok no problem, it's been a couple years, I'll just take it in and thinking they'll just put a screw/spring back in. I even figured I'll pat the $5.00 to replace the screw/spring since it's been a couple years. Nope, they wouldn't, their policy is that they can't and that I need to purchase a whole new frame, WTF, seriously? I even called the Corp Office, and they said the same thing and hung up on me, WOW! I only went to them because my insurance at the time accepted them and I thought they had a good name and a good reputation, and I was wrong. My suggestion, go to Sears, J. C. Penney or even Wal-Mart.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Lens must be made of paper. I've used the same wet Lens cleaners for years on multiple pairs of glasses and have NEVER had them scratch up so bad. And this started within a couple months of getting them. According to Lenscrafters... oh well I should have bought the protection plan (which I have never had to do in my 50+ yrs of wearing glasses). Will NEVER recommend this place to anyone. Several hundred dollars for garbage!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I was a laboratory manager for LensCrafters... I ordered a pair of featherweight MVP in Ray-Ban frames. No more one-hour service. Had to go back when the eyewear were finished. Trip #1. Was told the eyewear was ready to pick up. Eyewear dispensed. There was a film all over the eyewear. Filthy lenses. They were hiding a coating error. This error should have been identified in three of the manufacturing process inspections. They tried to get me out the door with flawed eyewear. I had the eyewear remade. Trip #2. Was told the eyewear was ready to pick up, again. Eyewear dispensed. There was a film all over the eyewear (again). Filthy lenses (again). They were hiding a coating error (again). They tried to get me out the door with flawed eyewear (again).

This time I attempted to assist the optician to discern their errors of their QMP (Quality manufacturing process). The optician didn’t want to hear it. She offered the eyewear to be made a third time. I stated this was my third trip and was not going to have a fourth. Gave me my money back on the card. One week has lapsed and still no refund on the card. Obviously LensCrafters has chosen to offer eyewear at highest prices and poorest quality. I called their customer support line to express my dissatisfaction with the process, quality and service of LensCrafters. No response to my concerns, no follow up by LensCrafters.

To anyone listening at LensCrafters. Eyewear are medical devices that correct vision to normality. Dispensing eyewear that is flawed that distort vision is extremely dangerous to the end-user. First, medically as they may induce worse vision conditions. Second, distortion from these poorly made lenses can lead to errors in depth perception and light dispersion. It would be very dangerous to have driven with my eyewear at night. Please respond to my customer service queries. I want answers why LensCrafters dispenses junk.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Went to Lenscrafters, Bad Experience, Received Multi Focal Lenses, they are worthless, I cannot see anything, It's all blurred, so they bent my frames inward, I was, "Are you kidding me?" I went back the next day, to have them straightened, They are worse now, I cannot see, it's all blurred, and everything is slanted!!! The Lenscrafters girl used the machine to "measure" your eyes for bifocals, she made me do it twice, She obviously measured it all wrong because my script lenses they gave me are worthless. I have a deductible, paid it, and was told that I couldn't use a coupon because I have insurance!! Are you kidding me!! I will be making a THIRD TRIP tomorrow and They WILL be replacing my lenses and redoing the measurements!! Buyer Beware!!

Lenscrafters expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1983, Lens Crafters was the pioneer of one hour glasses, and now continues to offer that core service with some of the newest lens technology.

• Onsite eye doctor: Schedule an eye exam online and visit the Lens Crafters store to get an updated prescription and order new glasses.

• Insurance accepted: Don't pay out-of-pocket for an exam or a pair of glasses with vision insurance.

• Designer brands: Get frames by Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Gucci and other top brands at Lens Crafters.

• Trend spotting: See the latest trends in eyewear broken down by overall style choices. Sport the latest in Geek Chic or stand out with a pop of color. This allows buyers to see the hottest trends in today's eyewear.

• Complete kids line: Not only does Lens Crafters offer dozens of frames for kids, they do it at 50 percent off the price.

• Best for: Kids, Teens, Professionals and Contacts wearers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs