1.05/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

434 Lenscrafters Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I purchased my eyeglasses in 2017. Spent a ton of money on my everyday transitional lens and a pair of single vision sunglasses with a warranty on both pair. About 8 months into the first year, the UV coating on my everyday pair began to peel, so I had them replaced because they were within the warranty period. Fast forward to today, they're peeling AGAIN!! Only this time they're not covered! Needless to say, I am one unhappy customer. When I purchased my glasses I was told the coating would also prevent smudging and reduce the computer glare. They sold me a crappy product that wasn't worth the extra money, so I'm trying to contact corporate HQ to have my lenses replaced at no cost minus the UV coating.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I purchased high-end glasses from Lenscrafters. After 4 months the one lens became distorted. I went to the store, fully realizing I would have to pay when what I found out shocked me. I was told, "We don't replace one lens only, we won't replace your lenses as it would be more money than buying a new pair." My an environmental perspective this policy is a disaster. So I guess the customer should just add their frames to a dump site with a 1000 year life span. DON'T CONTRIBUTE TO THIS ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I purchase a pair of eyeglasses, from this location December 2018. I have visited this location for the last 2 to 3 years and always purchase my eyeglasses with store warranty, my glasses cost at least $600 plus dollars with my employee insurance. In December I purchased a pair of Vogue glasses. Cost me $600 plus dollars with my employee insurance. I was told there's no longer any store warranty that I can add to my glasses as I have in the past. They have discontinued the warranty. I would never buy another pair of glasses from Lenscrafters. I recommend you not to buy any if you can't have a warranty. Their glasses are expensive. Cost me $800. I just picked up my glasses last week in January. Also, the $800 lens is not High ends. They smear all day even after cleaning several times with eyewear solution. I see why they are not covered under warranty. They are plastic cheap frames. I am now out of $800 prescription eyeglasses.

2/1/2019. Follow up with Lenscrafters staff online - Thank you for following up on my response but your information is incorrect. When I came into your store to purchased my glasses in December 2018 your worker stated that the lenses that I purchased are not cover by Lenscrafters warranty. I asked her why. She could not answer but she did ask the manager and the manager stated that the lens is not covered under warranty under their new policy under Lenscrafters warranty.

When I picked up my glasses from your worker in January 2019 which I believe was a manager, I asked her again about the insurance and she stated that my lenses are not covered by Lenscrafters warranty. I received my bill from my insurance company. My glasses cost me $800 plus dollar and the lenses were $600 by itself. So I am very upset that you stated that my lenses are Now cover so your employee was not honest. I am planning to file a complaint with the Consumer Affairs/BBB for false advertisement.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

About 2 yrs ago my husband and I purchased a pair of glasses which included the frame plus new lenses. After about 2 months the coating was slowly coming off on both our lenses. We went back and Lenscrafters replaced both our lenses. A few months went by and for the 2nd time the coating starting to wear off again and not to mention the scratches. The third they sent out for new lenses to the company that makes the lenses on my husband's lenses.

So far this have been ok but my third time they finally sent out to the company for my new lenses. It was very inconvenient on both of us. As per another customer the lenses never seemed clean and had smudge marks on them constantly. I have been wearing glasses for many years and never had this problem other places. Lenscrafters kept insisting we weren't cleaning them properly!! We purchased 2 of their cleaning kits and that was all we used. I am on my 3rd lens change and hopefully it won't happen again!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I bought expensive frames July 2017 and bought warranty at same time. Last week the ear piece broke off. Of course, warranty dept said send them the frame fix for $45 3-6 weeks. I don't have another pair so can't be without glasses. I created an escalation ticket to Regional Manager. No response as of 1/29. I proceeded to chat with a CSR who said nothing can be done except send off glasses. The Regional Manager never responded so what good is it to create a ticket. The glasses normal daily wear - the earpiece shouldn't break off. I know it's nearly 2 yrs July 2018, but all I wanted was even exchange of same frame or another one of equal or lesser value. No- they will not work with me at all - send to warranty for $45 fix. Won't work with me to exchange. I am so displeased - the frames are Burberry - not cheap. But I am not a concern for Lenscrafters - they don't care about my as a customer at all. Disgusting customer service responses.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Between myself and my wife, we bought three glasses at LensCrafters (New Jersey) last summer (7/18), we both cannot wait to get new glasses. One set was completely out of center (progressive glasses). Initially they said it was a matter of getting used to! Eventually they did fix that. Worst of all is that the glass quality is truly disappointing. These glasses are dirty from day 1, despite all the sprays and wipes they will also sell you. They smudge so easily you won’t believe it. They also scratch very readily. We’ve had glasses forever, glasses we bought over 10 years ago look better than these from 6 months ago. To be balanced: My daughter bought her contacts there and is happy with them.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Purchased glasses on 12/22/2018 and have still not received my glasses. I was told they needed to bring in the lenses from their warehouse and that I would have glasses in 10 days. I called after 25 days and was told that only one lens came in and that the other one was on its way. However he went on to say they ordered both lenses that day and would have them here in 10 days. Still nothing and no communication from them. Hoping I can cancel the order and receive a refund so I can go somewhere reputable. Bad service and even worse communication!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Third complaint issued. No results as of today 1-19-19...last. Long time customer of Lenscrafters 15 years or so... I have a medical plan thru my place of employment in which money is deducted from my salary to cover my eyewear expense. Technically I came into Lenscrafters on 125 Route 46 Totowa NJ 07512 to receive assistance with my somewhat bent frames... Without even consideration to attempt to adjust or repair my expensive glasses....I was rudely told No by the female and male store manager that they wouldn't try...which I felt was unprofessional and not company policy or procedure. However an associate overheard this conversation and was very apologetic and assisted me.

He also shared with me that it was possible that my Persol was made out of solid metal...so it was very likely that if I or anyone was to bend the frame slowly it should be fine... I am sorry I can't recall the associate's name. He should be merited 'cause I myself did take his advice and it Worked... Nevertheless I purchased another pair of glasses with him the same day 'cause my original lenses was scratched. My initial complaint again...I feel the two managers should definitely be spoken to about their behavior... Please contact me ASAP. My name is John **... My email address don't seem to get me a live person or voice. I attempted that way with my prior complaint... Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Badly made eyeglasses Lenscrafters Orland Park, Il Mall - In a June 2018, I purchased 3 pairs of glasses, which included one pair of sunglasses (no line bifocals). The last time visited Lenscrafters was 6 years prior. I did not know the company was sold. Anyway, I had to go back 3 times to get the frames adjusted because I had to bob my head up and down when at my computer or even reading the wording in my car visor. I could see better with them off. Today I went to an ophthalmologist and met with the technician. She spent one hour looking at the lenses and said the lenses were not cut correctly. The line for the “no“ line part of the lenses was not straight. It is my fault for not returning these glasses last June, but I wanted consumers to know of my experience. In addition, the staff is not helpful and seemed rushed. The fact that the store was not busy should have been a sign to me.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

This company sells the worst glasses. They did not tell me all they sell is plastic glasses. They smudge every day & scratch very easy. I paid $450.00 for plastic glasses. I could have bought from the dollar store. They are Ray-Bans. Do not buy glasses here. I bought the same one 2 years earlier at vision works, they were glass and great. I complained to lens crafter & they said, "Nothing we could do." Really bad quality.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Had lens prescription filled a few months after exam due to not being able to find frames I liked. Found some at Lenscrafters. Wore them, vision was still bad, actually worse than old prescription... Thought it was where I had waited so long to get prescription filled. Had yearly eye exam, took prescription to WalMart due to its great reputation in Lebanon where I live. They looked at my lens, said left lens was warped. I then realized why I could not see well, it was dreadful reading, working on computer and watching computer.

Told them I had purchased insurance and I would call Lenscrafters to see if they'd take care of it. Boiled down to... They would ONLY change lens if it was same prescription I had in it, of course I had a new one. Told them issue w/ warped lens... They said, "Sorry it would be a new prescription and it makes no difference." THEY WOULD NOT STAND BEHIND A FAULTY WARPED LENS THAT GAVE ME GRIEF for months. PLEASE PASS THE WORD ON, I AM SO SORRY DUE TO I REALLY LIKED THE STAFF THERE... NEVER go there please.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I was looking around for some new frames Lenscrafters in Walnut Creek, CA. 3 Employees standing around the register. 1 Employee in the corner watching me. No one approached me. I was on my own. I had to approach the lady to ask her something. She just looked at me. I had to pull everything out of her nose. I felt totally ignored. Wonder how can they do business or stay in business, never again.

I'm a salesperson my self. I give every single person the best service I can provide. I'm also a trainer and consultant for businesses. I never had any complaints, So I know how to treat customers. If the people at Lenscrafters don't like their jobs, then they shouldn't work there or store managers should give better training. Hope more people are reading these reviews. Maybe someone from the corporate department will finally listen. How to do business, maybe they need some training from a business coach???

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Ordered glasses for my son. He is diabetic and his eyes are getting worse. He had a pair of Ray Ban I purchased from Lenscrafters less than a year ago with the protection plan. They would not give me a discount on replacement lenses even though I’ve purchased 3 pairs of “High End” glasses and was a good customer. Ordered a pair of High End Prada that ended up costing $638.00. The frames on the site said in stock. After about 7 days I called customer service to find out what inventory fulfilled meant. They told me that the frames were ordered. Wait the site said in stock? I called for the next week and got various lies and deceitfulness from customer service.

After the second week I was assured the glasses were ready and that because of the delay my son would receive his glasses on Tuesday. That was Friday. I called. Also the customer service rep told me an escalation person would call me. No one called. On Saturday I got a tracking number and email that the glasses had shipped. Hooray right! My son's birthday was Sunday and I called him all excited that the tracking said his glasses were coming Monday. He called me back and noticed I was wrong and that UPS said it would arrive next Monday. Wait. You promised me expedited shipping for all the problems. You promised me a callback. You promised his glasses would arrive on Tuesday and now they're coming a week later making the total wait time 3 weeks. Totally unacceptable business practices.

After the 8th call today I was told again someone would call me and again no call. At this point if they gave me the glasses for free it wouldn’t make it better!! You lied to me and made a fool out of me in front of my son and co workers that watched me call every day. You disappointed a kid for his Birthday. The worst... I had to read a gut wrenching text from my son that all he wants to do is see again!!! Shame on you Lenscrafters! I also asked to speak to the president or CEO and was told no. Avoid them at all costs. I have no reason to lie and never in my life have been treated so badly!!!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Updated on 12/05/2018: They offered me 20% off new lenses!! I wrote to customer service online twice and each time they said that someone would get back to me in one business day. Nope. They have phone number and email. No response. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND $$$ WITH THIS COMPANY. I've been a customer for years. No longer.

Original Review: I have been a loyal Lenscrafters customer for 25 + years and I have worn glasses for more than 60 years. I got a new pair in January this year and already the lenses are badly scratched. I clean them on a clean cloth freshly laundered almost daily (as it happens, cotton underwear before I put it on) and the lenses are badly scratched. I have been doing this for sixty plus years so I know what the hell I am doing. I did not buy the warranty on the lenses (why should I buy a warranty??) so they offered me 20% off the cost of new lenses. $365 to replace faulty lenses? I don't think so. They have lost me and the rest of my family as a customer. They used to be a good operation: no longer.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

The eye doctors were amazing. The sales dept tried to be helpful but they were severely understaffed. The frames were amazing and the prices were higher than expected but they had great deals. The problem is that the lens material--even top of the line-- is horrible. They are by far the worse lenses I've ever had including $5 drug store sunglasses. They are constantly dirty. I have to clean them with alcohol (as the store showed me) and then don't let anything touch them or they smear and you have to use alcohol again.

My glasses from other companies were made of superior material. I can breathe on them and wipe them off with my shirt and they are fine. In addition, even though I rinse the alcohol with plain water, it might build up under the frame because my eyes have been reacting--burning and dry skin. Also, they could not get the progressive alignment correct. The frames were nice but I asked for them in solid black and they said they weren't available--yet there they were on the website.

They have a 30 day limit of returns and repairs even if they send the frames to another store. I seriously don't know how they stay in business? Who goes back? The staff wants to be helpful but after you pay $1000 for glasses and still have trouble every day all day, and they can't get it right, what's the point? Vision is not something to play with -- you can have car wrecks, headaches, fall down, etc... I don't even want to go back for an adjustment. I would never suggest this company to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

My doctor wrote a RX for glasses. Lenscrafters did their thing. However the lenses were not the prescription my doctor ordered so make sure when you leave have them measure your new lenses. Mine weren’t.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Wheaton, IL store has a very racist staff when it comes to ** consumers. I wouldn’t recommend this location at all. It’s sad to be treated unfairly because of your race even when you have the best insurance. No one should have to be subject to this treatment regardless of race. It’s not right and it’s not fair. No stars!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

On October 16, I went to my eye Dr and gave me a new eye prescription, so, bought a pair of glasses at Lenscrafters 0962, located at 25 Peel Centre Drive #2, Brampton, On L6T3R5. I wore them when I was going back home, I noticed I saw double, so, I went the following day to the store and explained to the Licensed Optician the problem. The Optician asked me to go to the Dr and schedule an appointment to review the prescription. I got my appointment for Oct.22.18, and Dr reviewed my prescription and gave me the same prescription as the measurement done on October 16. The Eye Dr told me that probably the centre of the lenses was not aligned to my pupil.

I took the new prescription to the Optician and explained what the Dr said about the pupil not being aligned to the lenses. The optician started taking measurements of the lenses and told me that what she was going to do was to lower the area of the glass that is to see far away (my glasses are transition) and advised me to wear them in order to get used to the new prescription. I left the glasses and came back the same day in the afternoon and when I wore them on I saw no difference and I left because I was so angry that I did not wanted to start screaming like a crazy person.

I wore them for a few day and saw no adjustment of my vision to the new glasses. On the contrary they were causing me nausea and headaches. Lenscrafters sent me an E-Mail to evaluate them, so I did; I complained and explained the same thing I am writing now. I got a phone call from the store and I was asked to go on Nov.01.18, and the Store Manager was going to take care of me. I went on Nov. 01, and the manager started adjusting the legs of the glasses because the glasses were sitting in an angle over my face and It could cause the problem but there was no difference. So, he brought a lenses and overimposed on the glasses and I saw better.

The manager asked me to leave the glasses, so he can talk and ask the Eye Dr on Nov.05.18 (the day the Dr will be in the office) for permission to change the prescription. Today November 8, 2018 I called to find out about my glasses (It always take only two hours to get my new glasses) however, I was told that my glasses were not ready and started with the excuse that the type of lenses were not in stock that they probably will be on Monday (Nov. 12) (the day that the Eye Dr. will be in, what a coincidence). That means that the Manager did no talked to the Dr on Monday Nov. 05 as he was supposed to do; and to be honest I do not believe him because his voice was stuttering. He had no idea what to say. I paid a lot of money and not only that, I paid for the Eyewear Protection Plan. I regret buying at Lenscrafters since I feel I am treated like an idiot. Lenscrafters should look into that kind of problem since it gives a bad name to the brand.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Have gotten many pairs of glasses from the Greenwood Park Mall location in the past. Went there this time, picked my glasses and the technician could not get them adjusted properly despite many tries and had to get someone else, that should have been my red flag to get out of there, but unfortunately I didn’t. Went to check out and pay. Used my WageWorks flex spending card. Tech said it wouldn’t go through. I knew amount available as I had just checked my balance. Called store manager who couldn’t help. She took my information and said she would call me Monday and get them ordered. No call Monday so late afternoon I called them. Gave my card info and she said it was declined again and she couldn’t help me. I said I’ll purchase elsewhere.

Went to another store and was told not eligible per my vision plan because Lenscrafters filled scoot 2 days prior. Had to call them to get it released. Chose glasses and went to pay. Card declined. Called WageWorks and was told Lenscrafters had two holds on my card for the amount of my glasses, so both times my card was run it went through!!! Now not enough funds on the card remaining for this card to pay for glasses. Called Lenscrafters to release these holds with no success. Still waiting even after a call to corporate office. I will never step foot in Lenscrafters again!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I’m a long time customer, so I didn’t realize when I visited the store last week that they no longer offer any type of expedited service for glasses. I wasn’t told that it’ll take 2 weeks to receive my new glasses until I had already paid. Normally not an issue, but my current pair of glasses are damaged and now I’m stuck. If I had known, I would have researched my options and gone a different route that didn’t leave me blind. Now I know, and I won’t be returning next year.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I have been a loyal Lenscrafters customer for some time and have purchased numerous sets of eyeglasses and sunglasses from this company. I recently went to the Nashua NH store located in the Pheasant Lane Mall to have (I thought) new lenses installed in two pairs of glasses and one pair of sunglasses. These were upper end Brooks Brothers and Ray-Ban frames that have been meticulously maintained during the last two years. The technician that was waiting on me even commented on the fact that the frames were some of the he had ever seen. However, once he went and spoke to the lab technician, he then informed me that there was nothing he could do for me and that I had to purchase three (3) new sets of glasses. I obviously got upset at this turn of events and told both the technician and the alleged store manager that they should not be selling products that they would not stand behind.

I then contacted Lenscrafters Customer Service. This was a total waste of time as I waited over a week for a response, and got the same exact response that there was nothing they could do for me. This company is obviously only in the business of constantly selling you new frames, lenses and any other after sell products they can get you to buy. They are about two steps below used car dealers. I will never deal with Lenscrafters again. I will find a reputable local dealer who is actually interested in customers and their eye care, not fast profits.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I purchased a pair of prescription eyeglasses and a 1 year warranty in 2015. Recently, I noticed that the bottom of both lens became "foggy" or as if glue was smeared on the bottoms. The manager acknowledged that she had never seen anything like this but refused to do anything about the defective lens. Her claim--this is a first. My position--"Then you should be able to address this matter with some adjustment," which she failed to do. Buyer beware.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Lenscrafters was always great quality and service. Three tries to get my glasses correct and still wrong. Quality no longer applies. DON'T waste your time and money! We live 3 hours from the store we went to. The glasses were mailed to me. Prescription was wrong the first time. The frames and nose pieces were bent and tweaked the second time. The lenses didn't fit the frame correctly the third time. Drove 6 hours round trip to return them and get a refund. So disappointed with Lenscrafters. Will never return. Will tell people to stay clear of Lenscrafters. They aren't the same great company they use to be.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I'm gonna skip over most of my experience as it was very unpleasant. The eye test was performed and I paid. The eyeglasses were selected and I paid. The glasses were wrong; a new eye exam and new eyeglasses... still wrong. I got a refund. That should be the end of it, right? No. Looking over my paperwork to file it away, I see that the optometrist department used someone else's name and insurance. That was not my name and I do not have Humana insurance. The receipt from the eyeglass department had the same wrong name. Let me just say... DO NOT TRUST LENSCRAFTERS. (Sorry for yelling but this experience made me rather angry.) I am not sure if I should notify Humana about this error. Still thinking about it. Thanks for reading my review.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

My wife and went to Lenscrafters Huntington Walt Whitman mall in March 2018 to get new eye exam and lens and frames. Wow what a huge disappointment! Spent almost $1000 and nothing but trouble. Frames broke. Good this we bought the insurance. Still hit us for another $25. Did not even call us when the new ones came in. They texted never never land. We had to call to get info. Will never go back there again. Don’t waste your time as we did. We will NOT go back to

Lenscrafters ever!!! Do yourself a favor go to Target. Better service. Less money. Same quality eyewear.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

After I surgery I brought my prescription from my surgeon to LensCrafters for a pair of multifocal glasses. I also purchased prescription sunglasses at that time. $941. It took three weeks for the lenses come in. I wore them for a week realize the sunglasses were very bad. Brought them back and they had to remake them. Since I was new to progressive lenses I was told that I needed to wear them for a while and get used to them. I continued to wear them until my next appointment with the eye surgeon.

My vision was poor and she checked the prescription noting that the glasses were not what she had prescribed. I return to LensCrafters spoke with, manager named Guy. He said he would have to speak to the regional supervisor since the warranty was only for 30 days. I reminded him that it was impossible to use the glasses and they had to be remade 30 days had come and gone. I was advised that Guy would get in touch with the regional supervisor and contact me. I have still not heard back from Guy or anyone else at LensCrafters. Run from this company.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Ok, I've been going to Lenscrafters for quite a few years. Just went in to get an update on my prescription. The "doctor" was fresh out of school. I find out they no longer have 1 hour service. So I had to wait a week and then they screwed up the lenses. Had to wait another week. Both prescriptions ARE WRONG! No one knows what to do there. The lab will only do a few lenses and a few frames. The junior mints working there are clueless and incompetent. I am now waiting for them to call me back so I can get my old lenses put back in and I have to go back across town and try to get a refund. That will be probably be a joke too. No one could answer my question on what the procedure is.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Very poor quality. First time I received my glasses: there was a defect in the lens and they kept insisting "my eyes will adjust". They even asked me to have my prescription re-checked and the optometrist could immediately see that the lens was defective. Then they said they will remake it and I waited a week for them to give me glasses that had peeling antireflective coating.

The third time remaking them the frame was messed up and they couldn't fix it. The fourth time they remade them: the lens is obviously very low quality as it has obvious peripheral distortion. This pair of glasses cost about 1000 dollars and is the high index, anti-reflective anti-glare lens. Very horrible service at the Kings Automall location in Cincinnati Ohio. Staff members were very rude. Customer service of lens crafters doesnt care at all and never responded to two complaints that I sent it. I will never shop at Lenscrafters again.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I'M not sure where to begin - it's so long I'M not sure I even have the energy to write it all. Suffice it to say I've gone there for years, but today marks my last visit. It's been months of getting a prescription correct - today I was asked who was helping me last time, I described her and they said - oh well she's on vacation so we can't help you!! I had to go home and get my last pair of glasses - they swore they could not figure out the problem without them.

By the time I returned - with my glasses they then asked if I had my prescription! I said no you all assured me you had that here. I could have gotten it when I went all the way home to get my fine glasses had you told me. They then said they had called the gal who was on vacation and somehow figured it out. Their condescending attitude like I was doing something wrong was even more infuriating then their lame "ciphering" of what had gone wrong... These people are not your eye care professionals! You're eyesight is important - don't trust it to these idiots!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I am writing this review as I have not had a good experience with Lenscrafters, and this is my first experience with this company. I purchased glasses there a few months back and constantly had trouble with them fitting correctly. I went in multiple times to have them fitted, but when I tried wearing them to work they would either be too loose and slide down my face or they were too tight, giving me a headache. I was told that perhaps the frame was too large, and since I am prone to migraines I should pick a smaller frame like my current frame and also go with the more expensive, lightweight lenses as my prescription is high. I was outside the 30 day window to return the glasses as I wanted to do and felt I had no choice but to try another frame. I live over an hour away and am a nurse working night shift, and trying to get to the store was difficult.

I went back to reorder another frame I had picked out, but it was gone (it was supposed to be set aside for me) and had to choose a different frame I did not like but had no option. I ordered the other lenses as well. When these glasses came I had the same issue. They did not fit right, kept sliding down my face. I could not wear them. I went to different Lenscrafters stores even out of the state of AL to see if anyone could get them to fit right. No one could, and no one could help. I went back to the Mobile store and was told that they could possibly remake the glasses with the other frame I had wanted since it was close to my old frame. I had offered to even let them use my old frame for the lenses, but they could not guarantee with how old and worn they were that they would not be damaged in the process, and then I would have no glasses.

I was told to call back in a couple of days to see if the manager would approve the remake. I called back, and the manager at first told me she had no idea what I was talking about. Then she remembered and told me the girl I had been working with called and left me a voicemail days ago to which I replied I never even received a voicemail or call. I felt at this point the manager did not want to deal with my issue anymore and told me if I wanted, I could go to the Lenscrafters in Foley which would be closer to me, and they would remake my glasses for me. The manager told me she would call right away and let them know I would be coming in and to remake the glasses.

About three weeks later I was able to get over to the Foley store upon which the manager there told me she had no idea what I was talking about and no phone call from the Mobile store manager had come in. Nothing was listed in my file, and the Mobile manager was not in the store the day I went to the Foley store, and therefore I made another wasted trip. I was given the phone number for Customer Service and the option to pick and tried calling twice but could not get through. I called again, choosing the option I was told to pick, explained my whole story in detail to the lady and then was told at the end that she could not help me as she was warranty information only and not connected to Lenscrafters.

I called back and finally got in touch with a customer service representative and after giving my complete, detailed story, was told again he could not help me but would send me a link to the website where I would need to write out in detail my experience and within two business days should get a response. I asked why a customer service representative could not help take the report and help with this issue, and I was told that management wanted it this way so the customer was telling the story in his/her own words, and the story would not be twisted or changed by customer service.

I am very dissatisfied with the customer service I have received at the Mobile store and on the phone. I have never in my life encountered a business that has treated me this way and given me the run around I feel. I have a new pair of glasses I cannot even wear with no option of getting this issue resolved. I have never paid as much for a pair of glasses as I have for these, and I have never been so dissatisfied with a pair of glasses as I am with this pair. I only hope this issue gets resolved and that no one else encounters the same problems and frustrations I am in trying to get this situation resolved.

Lenscrafters expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1983, Lens Crafters was the pioneer of one hour glasses, and now continues to offer that core service with some of the newest lens technology.

• Onsite eye doctor: Schedule an eye exam online and visit the Lens Crafters store to get an updated prescription and order new glasses.

• Insurance accepted: Don't pay out-of-pocket for an exam or a pair of glasses with vision insurance.

• Designer brands: Get frames by Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Gucci and other top brands at Lens Crafters.

• Trend spotting: See the latest trends in eyewear broken down by overall style choices. Sport the latest in Geek Chic or stand out with a pop of color. This allows buyers to see the hottest trends in today's eyewear.

• Complete kids line: Not only does Lens Crafters offer dozens of frames for kids, they do it at 50 percent off the price.

• Best for: Kids, Teens, Professionals and Contacts wearers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs