Lenscrafters

Compare Eyeglasses Online

Research top Eyeglasses Online recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I would strongly recommend not going to Lenscrafters for anything. Each time I have been they are running behind schedule, even with prescheduled appointments. The service is very lackadaisical. I am a young person who is purchasing their product yet they still treat me as a child and tend to help the other adults in the room first when I have been waiting. My last visit it was evident to me that they are not up to date with their surroundings and profession. They were talking about having a cheat sheet because they can't seem to remember the correct width for certain prescriptions, it was very unprofessional. All that to say they were kind people just very lazy and not knowledgeable about their profession or how to assist customers in a timely manner.

I bought glasses at the Lenscrafters in Champaign, IL. I live 50 miles south of the store. I have had to drive back up there 3 different times. When I first bought the glasses, I told them my eyes felt strained almost immediately, like my prescription was wrong. I had my eye exam that day and was told the doctor was making the lenses "slightly stronger". I was told to wear them a few days and I would get used to them. The 2nd trip was for more adjustments, as my vision had not improved and I am back in my old glasses. The 3rd trip was to return them. On the 3rd trip, I was informed that the doctor had screwed up my script and made my glasses WEAKER than what I started with.

Lenscrafters wants me to pay for another $75 exam to adjust the lenses. Seriously? The people that work in the Champaign, IL store are rude and very condescending when dealing with customers. They act like they are annoyed that you are even there. I have worn glasses for 37 years, and they spoke to me like it was my first day on the planet. With glasses. I would NOT recommend this company.

I was charged for things I didn't ask for two years ago so the salesperson could run up the bill. The prescription was wrong in my right eye and all they did was keep adjusting my glasses with no luck. I went back today like a fool to give them a second chance and was I wrong. On my eye exam they charged me extra for a retina exam after telling me my co-pay was $20. They had me sign a paper in a dimly lit room and afterwards told me my co-pay was $59. Afterwards they started the fast talking about this coupon vs insurance vs triple A. They get you so confused that you don't have any idea about what's going on. After all of that they charge you a ridiculous price for a pair of glasses. I told them I was quoted a co-pay price of $20 and they say SORRY. Don't be deceived by the fast talking confusing tactics that they rely on to empty your pockets. I will never go back and neither should anyone else.

I went to Lenscrafters on the 23rd of December. I was told I would be able to pick my glasses up that next Friday. Well I called them cause I didn't want to go out of my way in case they had not come in. Well needless to say they called me said that they had to send my glasses back in cause Angel which was the one who called me that she had broke my glasses. So then she told me Tuesday of the next week I could pick them up. Well there again I called them & they told me it would be Wednesday sometime. I called them on Wednesday & that's when they told me it would be Thursday or Friday now. I told them at this time that I was very unhappy with all of this & ask to them to give my money back so I could go somewhere else & get me some glasses that I was needing very bad. That's when she told me they didn't keep that kind of money in their drawers & that corporate would be sending a check to me.

I spent almost $500 with these people & they want to give me the runaround. Like when I ask them for corporate offices number they gave me 3 different numbers & I never got a hold of nothing or no one. And the whole time they were very hateful. I will not tell my friends or family members about Lenscrafters. My receipt says 30 day happiness guarantee which gives me the right to ask for my money back. Anyway I can't wait 2 to 3 weeks for it cause I have to go somewhere else to get me a new pair of glasses & that money is going to pay for them elsewhere. If it is at all pos. for one of you all to call me it would be greatly app. & if you can today would be a great day. Thank you very much & so sorry that this may not make sense that's why I would like for someone to call. Thank you again.

I'm incredibly disappointed with LensCrafters right now. For the past several years we have always gone there for eye appointments and glasses; they have always been kind, helpful and provided great customer service. This week, my kids are in town and my daughter broke her glasses. Her mom is getting a new pair but needed one measurement, pupillary distance, before she could place the order. In the past, we've been able to go in and get measurements or have glasses repaired with no issues. But yesterday, December 31st, I took my 6 year old daughter in to get the measurement, and received the worst customer service I've ever had there. The man I spoke to was rude and condescending and when I told him what we needed, he rudely said, "We don't give that out." From this point on, I will no longer use LensCrafters nor will I recommend them to anyone. If that's how they provide customer service, I will take my business elsewhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?

I bought my daughter a new pair of glasses at the Shoppers World Brampton store. When we came back to pick up, they made us wait for over 30 minutes for a 5-minute service to have my daughter try it on and make a little adjustment. They know it will only take a few minutes to send us on our way, unless they want to admit that they do such a poor job that they expect to need major adjustments. One of them was finishing up with a customer when we came but moved right on to a new customer instead of giving us a few minutes for the pick-up. Another was waiting for a customer to finalize his selection. Why can't one of them politely excuse herself from the customer and say "I will be just a few minutes, as this young lady is just here to pick up her glasses." Why? Isn't it because they want to make sure they don't lose the sale with the new customer, and they can't lose my daughter anymore because we have already paid?

Terrible customer service. Spent thousands of dollars there, and discovered a defect in the frame of my glasses within the second year. This defect resulted in them gradually developing a hairline fracture down each lens, both fractures occurring in the exact same spot. When I went in to confront them about it, I was immediately treated like it was my fault, and told that it couldn't possibly be a defect. I have gone through many pairs of glasses, and have taken great care to ensure they stay in good condition, never mistreating them, so this was very insulting to me.

The looks they gave me, along with the faces they made, were so accusatory, it was just terrible. This is the last time I will ever shop at this location, not to mention Lenscrafters as a whole. Paying such a high premium for glasses, you would expect some sort of lifetime warranty on defects. Not so at all, and not even a hair of respect for the paying customer. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS.

They incorrectly mounted new bifocal lenses into new frames (Not an inexpensive set of glasses). We have tried multiple times to get these corrected. They adjusted the lenses, tried to convince my wife that it is normal when the prescription is different between her eyes, and now just refuse to do anything. My wife has worn glasses all her life. She knows when they aren't correct. I'm reaching out to the national office to see if I can get some satisfaction. I was with her tonight for the latest example of poor customer service. I was planning to buy glasses myself. Now I am shopping for a new store.

Hello everyone, in November this year I had my eyes examined at LensCrafters Scottsdale fashion square, I bought Tom Ford eyeglass frames from the same Mall not Lenscrafters but I went to LensCrafters for the Lens. I had a good salesperson and that's as far as it got, I was told the glasses with the lens would be shipped to me in France within 3 days, I cannot tell you how many times I emailed customer services at LC. I finally got a tracking number from them, but they did not know who the shippers were (strange). Anyway I traced the number to UPS which showed as the package was shipped and received in OHIO. Yes OHIO!! The mind boggles!!

Anyway in the end LC customer services (why do they say they are customer services) I finally spoke to another person who said she would call the export department (I never knew about this before or was it ever mentioned). Anyway she said she would call back a few days ago with a tracking number, she never did. But surprise surprise the package was delivered today the 15th December 2016, 5 weeks later I might say. So the moral of this story is, the salespersons get their commission but after that, that's it, too long a delay from 3 days to 5 weeks. Very bad customer service, bad after sales, lack of communication.

I had my eyes examined at the Asheville, NC store on October 14, 2016. The doctor fitted me with my contacts and told me to try them out for a few days and see if they worked well for me. I returned a few days later and told the doctor that they needed to be adjusted because I could not read at all with them. She examined me, made the adjustment and gave me a new pair of lenses. I could read much better with the new lenses and proceeded to leave. I was in the process of moving to Florida and could not get my lenses mailed to me, so I asked for my prescription on my way out. The receptionist pulled up my records and printed out my prescription for me and I left.

When I arrived in Florida and had my address, I ordered 2 boxes of lenses from and online store that I had used in the past, submitted the prescription that was given to me by Lenscrafters and waited for my lenses to arrive. When I received them and put the first pair in, I realized that I must have been given the first prescription (not the corrected prescription) because I could not read anything at all.

I have been in contact with the doctor at Lenscrafters via e-mail constantly since this error was realized. She (on behalf of Lenscrafters) refuses to replace the lenses or refund the money I am out for the wrong prescription, even though she admitted the error to me in one of her e-mails. Her reasoning is that she can't refund or replace an error in my prescription due to her company's representative's error because I didn't purchase my lenses through Lenscrafters! It shouldn't matter WHERE my lenses were purchased, I entrusted Lenscrafter's with my vision in good faith and paid for the examination and any accurate prescription necessary. The Asheville Lenscrafter's store and Lisa **, are not to be trusted in any transaction! I will be taking the matter up with corporate, but from what I've read, my efforts will probably be futile. So, buyer beware when dealing with Lenscrafters!

I bought my glasses on Nov 4, 2016. No call was placed to tell me my glasses were finished. I called them and learned the glasses were done. So, I drive to Attleboro only to learn my prescription was placed into the wrong frames. The tech who made the mistake blamed the lab. I've asked to speak to a supervisor at the corporate level three times. None is ever available and no return call has been made. Never expedited my correct glasses. Still waiting. Run, do not walk. The Lenscrafters in Macy's at Emerald Square is a joke. You have been warned!

The reason for this review is on the August 30, 2016 I was at the Pearland Texas location, in the Town Center. Once in the eye exam room. The doctor had me to place my chin against one of the machine. The lens were dirty and once the doctor wiped them off. They were still cloudy. Then this rebate problem for my contacts. I was told by the eye doctor she would take care of my rebate information, and I should receive a certain amount in the mail. Time went passed. Nothing. I ended up doing my own rebate and was told I was suppose to do it myself. If you can avoid going to Lenscrafters in Pearland. It will not be worth your trip.

I went to a Lenscrafters at Merle Hay Mall in Des Moines Iowa and was greeted by the single employee working there named Meagan. In the past I had been able to bring broken glasses in and have new ones made from by them copying the prescription from the lens. This time I was told that they cant do that and that they need the person to come in for photographing and measurement with their computer system. I explained that the person could not come in and I just needed an emergency pair so they could travel home to New York. They outright refused to sell me glasses claiming that the computer system in use was the only way they can sell the glasses. SO basically they discriminate against people who can't come to their store in person.

I was upset but decided to call another lenscrafters location and was told exactly the same story. No instore, no glasses. At least the person on the phone admitted that the reason was because they needed to upsell the frames and lens treatments. I WILL NEVER USE LENSCRAFTERS AGAIN. And I buy new glasses for a family of six every two years. GOODBYE FOREVER LENSCRAFTERS!

My issue is that the Lenscrafters in Omaha at Westroads Mall sends out appointment reminders for appointments never made by the customer. I have to assume that they just randomly assign the date and time to see if they can get the person to keep the appointment. Last year, I received a reminder email for an appointment that I supposedly made. The problem was, this appointment was during my vacation, which has been the same for the last 40 years...there is no way I would make ANY appointment during that two week period. But, like the good little follower that I am, I called and changed it and went to the appointment after vacation.

Fast forward to today and I receive the following (part not all of the email): "Finally, remember to keep your annual eye appointment. We can look for even the slightest changes to your eyes, and check for early signs of diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. You are currently scheduled for the following appointment: Appointment for: Vicki; Appointment Ref #:**; Date/Time: Tue 04-04-2017 12:40 PM; Office Address: Westroads Mall Omaha, NE 68114"

At least they didn't make it during my vacation again. I am certain that I did not make this appointment. It is neither in my personal calendar nor my work calendar, and I do not have a card with the appointment written on it, which I ask for if they do not offer one. Maybe they do this to older people (I am 62) hoping that we will just assume we forgot making the appointment.

I hope that others who have wondered if they just forgot making the appointment and went to it anyway, will realize that they are being bamboozled by this company. Now, to find a new eye doctor. PS: Last time, my glasses retailed for over $1,000, and this year they were over $600 because something was on special. And, if I had just had new lenses made for my Ray-Ban frames which were in perfect condition, it would have been over $700. I think I might try Costco or Walmart next for the glasses part of this deal.

I had bought Ray-Ban frame and glasses from LensCrafters around 3-4 years ago. I never used my glasses much as I already had another glasses. Since my other glasses got old, I used this Ray-Ban glasses and one of the screw came out after 6 months and I thought I'll get it repaired from Lenscrafters as I had bought it from there. When I went to Lenscrafters Alpharetta, they checked and said it can't be repaired. I told them I brought it from Lenscrafters and the lady called Natasha was very rude as she was suspecting me and said, "We can't provide you warranty and all those stuff." I never asked for warranty claim as I know it's been more than 3 month old. I would have appreciated if they would have shown the same kind of customer service when I went to buy glasses.

Since she knows it's just repair and not to waste her time, she told, "We sell only glasses here and we are not repair store." Shouting a bit rude. As a matter of fact, I thought of buying another glasses on that day and I took my prescription along with me... after seeing such a rude treatment, I never spoke about buying new glasses. I just walked away with shame. I was having a wry good respect on Lenscrafters until that incident. I will never recommend to anyone of my friends.

Overcharged hidden fees - illegal fees. Eye glass exam was covered by insurance. All the tests included the usual information but they charged $80 for a DMV form to be filled out claiming that they usually don't perform some of the tests that the registry requires. All the information asked on the form was available from the eye exam and did not require further testing. And it took the doc less than a minute to fill out the form. Disgusted!!!

I went into Lenscrafters on Sunday, September 25, 2016 and dealt with a lady. I picked out the glasses and gave her the prescription. I asked if they had clip on sunglasses and she told me no so I asked for the darkening when I go out in the sun. She said yes they have them. Now the only reason I went there was because my old eye doctor moved about 60 miles away and I figured I hear so much about Lenscrafters I will give them a try and keep in mind I paid $130.00 for a pair of prescription glasses with the clip on and she was charging me $693.00 for the same thing except the darkening of the glasses. I thought I had no choice so I paid for them.

I left there and was angry so when I got home after thinking about it I called and cancelled the glasses and told them to put the money back on my credit card. She told me she couldn't and I would have to come in and give them my card. Well Monday morning looked up my credit card account and she charged me twice. Well I'm going down there Thursday morning to argue with them. Well needless to say I will never never go to any Lenscrafters again and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Last month I purchased my husband and I new glasses. For the first time I wanted to get designer for myself so I bought an expensive pair of Versace's. I had the misfortune of getting hit in the face which caused my glasses to scratch. I brought them back a little over a month later, I had the glasses maybe 7 weeks hoping someone could help me, for instance, tell me I'm a first time customer and "We want to help you" or "We understand", "How these things happen", "Let us replace your lenses for free". I was simply turned away saying "You didn't purchase the added protection plan" (which I was never offered) and "There's nothing we can do for you".

I had to borrow $700 for my husband and to get glasses and here I am with expensive glasses and a scratched lens. I realized it's my fault for getting hit in the face but where's the compassion? I went to Wal-Mart 2 years ago with a pair of glasses that I had problems with and they had a 90 day return policy and I was able get another pair (free of charge), no questions asked. I'll be going back to Wal-Mart from now on due to their superb customer service. Thank you.

I visited the North Canton, Ohio store on 08/30/2016 to verify if I could get a pair of lens inserted into my own frames, to be made in one hour on the following day. The person named Christoper waited on me and stated that yes, I could, and he verified that the store had a set of lenses for my needed prescription on hand in the store and that it would be no problem. He quoted a price of $253.00, which I found acceptable. I asked for his first name, which he gave, and then he mentioned that he would be off the next day, and that anyone in the store would be able to take care of me.

The following day I returned to get my new lens, and instead got a complete runaround, and was told that the price would be $458.00! The lady taking care of me said Christoper left no record of my having been there, and insisted to give me a ten minute upsell spiel about the latest and greatest lens that would cost $458.00. I expressed my disappointment in feeling as if I were being hustled. Eventually she stated that I could not get the lens I wanted today 08/31/2016, gathered her material and left the desk stating that I was through and went to greet the next customer. Still in need of glasses, I went to Pearle Vision. The nice lady at the counter said they did not have a set of lenses in my prescription, and recommended perhaps to try Visionworks a few blocks away. I went to Visionworks, and lo and behold I had my glasses done in exactly one hour at the price of $127.80.

My first set of progressives were perfect, so I went back for a second pair of prescription sunglasses (same prescription) and this time, the lens was not correct in the left eye. So, I returned them. I waited for a year before getting another pair of everyday progressives and the same problem happened. The left lens is incorrect and the glasses are too loose. I will return these also when the store opens today, and will have finally learned my lesson. Lenscrafters' quality is poor. I won't make the same mistake again. Also, my co-workers had warned me about their own stories of Lenscrafters not being good quality. I will now go to the place they had recommended. Convenience isn't always worth it!

I showed up for an eye exam and was told that the eye doctor was not in that day. I was told that they'd called me and left messages to let me know. They did not. Later, I received an email at 2:00 letting me know that my 1:00 appointment was being canceled because their doctor didn't show up. Telling me this at 2, an hour AFTER the time of my appointment, is not terribly helpful. They were extremely rude while I was in the store. One employee suggested I go to one of their competitors (!) instead - - and gave me a location that has not existed for 15 years.

When I went back for my rescheduled appointment, I was told the exam would be $99. After the exam, I was told that I had to pay $150 because of some extra service I'd had. I refused to pay the extra $50 as they had not obtained my permission for whatever (probably BS) extra service I'd had. I was told that the girl behind the counter could not take off the $50 without doctor present. I told her that I was not going to be scammed, that I had every intention of walking out of the store without paying a dime, and was absolutely not paying the extra $50 and they had no basis on which to enforce payment of that amount. Miraculously, she was then able to take off the $50, without the doctor present.

I contacted Lenscrafters about the terrible service and have received FIVE emails saying that the regional manager is going to contact me, which still has not happened and I doubt ever will. Now, I've discovered that Lenscrafters did not submit the $99 I paid for my exam to my health insurance company - - they only submitted for $59. This is not the result of an insurance company adjustment - - Lenscrafters reported only a $59 exam. That means that only $59, rather than the $99 I paid, gets applied to my deductible, and it may well constitute insurance fraud. I called again about this and was given more "we'll get back to you," which I seriously doubt will happen.

I will not be going to Lenscrafters again, they are clearly scam artists and will hopefully be put out of business soon enough. I would recommend that anyone looking for eye care not give this fraud-happy company your business and go elsewhere as you will receive better eye care and better service and not contribute to the continued existence of this scam company.

Don't get sucked in on Lenscrafters' Clarify procedures. It's no different than a regular eye exam. The commercials make it sound impressive but it's not. I can see better with my old glasses than the new ones. You would think if you spends hundred of dollars you would get new nose pads and a lenses' wipe, no deal. Also the three times I was at the store, new people were there each time. The exam receptionist is also the same one doing the initial exam. Being friendly - they have to work on their people skills. This the Avon, Ct. store. Stay away.

Frames cannot be adjusted to hold the adjustment. Lenscrafters will replace the frames if broken with like frame. That didn't work. They won't replace with different frame or manufacturer. I have worn glasses more than 40 years and these are the worst frames ever and Lenscrafters doesn't care that I spent nearly $500 for frames less than a year ago that don't work or fit. I will lobby against them for years if this isn't resolved in the next few days.

Horrible customer service. Refused to actively listen to my problem with the very expensive glasses I purchased. Gave me excuses that my difficulty with distant vision was a result of a dominant eye and I should give it time. Vision out of my right eye is distorted beyond 50 feet. Young woman who assisted me when I returned to work out my problem argued rather than attempt to help, indicating that it was the size of the frames. HORRIBLE, EXPENSIVE EXPERIENCE! Don't give the Santa Monica CA on Wilshire your business. That's their only concern - your money.

I went in on a Friday with no appointment, was greeted promptly, was given a wide selection of frames to choose from. 7 days later no waiting to pick them up. Very fast and efficient, they might be a bit of a price premium (got a 50% discount on lenses) but the service makes up for it.

Joplin, Missouri Lenscrafters charged my credit card the same day I took an eye exam and purchased eyeglasses. Would someone please tell me why it takes 7 to 10 business days to issue a credit to my credit card for a return?

I would like to share my recent experience. I went to the Oakville Place a month ago. I picked out Ray Ban glasses. The rep said that I would need to get my prescription and the cost for Ray Ban lenses would be $85 plus the cost of the Ray Ban glasses. I put them on hold. My CAA discount would bring it under $300. I brought in my prescription only to be told by another rep that they would not be able to put my –3.75 on each eye prescription on that frame. I chose another frame. I was promised the lens would be the same color and the lens would now fit. I got the back and the color of the lens was not the same blue. It was more of a brownish grey. The lens did not fit properly at all. It was sticking out and the arms were widened. I brought them back and chose a green lens made by Ray Ban.

Fasal said that this can be done for sure. I found it frustrating that the oriental tech in the back came out and yelled that the frame would still be wide and the arms will stick out. I received another call days later only to be told that they cannot be done. No reason was give. I came in and was issued a refund. I think I deserve an explanation. "See what you love, love what you see" is Lenscrafter's motto. How does that transfer to me? I reached out to the head office and CEO as to why I made 4 visits to this store for nothing. I want an explanation as to why they cannot make the glasses that I requested even though they said that it could be done. I would also like to know why nobody has called me back in over a month?

Phone call led us to believe Medicare Advantage acceptable. At appt, after filling out form, was told they do not accept Medicare Advantage, which is stupid since it is just a $150 offset to total cost. They lost two sales. Very unsatisfactory.

Waited 13 minutes to get checked in for my eye appointment. Was told several times that "someone will be right with you" and "someone will be with you in a moment". Ashley from the lab ended up checking me in. She was extremely polite and very nice. She showed professionalism and true customer service. I got to the pre-testing at 11:55 (my appointment was at 11:45). After the 10 minutes of pre-tests I waited until 1:00 before I got in to see the doctor. As the sales people walked by I kept getting told "It'll be just another couple of minutes, sorry". While I waited I looked at frames (for about 15 minutes) and was assisted by Gavin. He was just plain awesome. If you end up going to this location, you'll probably want to get helped by Gavin when selecting frames.

Follow up appointment: My appointment was at 12:45 but I got there at 12:00. They got me in and I saw Dr. Lena **. She was short and to the point and seemed rushed. I'll chalk that up to her squeezing me in 45 minutes before my appointment which was greatly appreciated. I needed an additional follow up the next Friday (my fault).

When I went back, she wasn't as tense and to the point. My appointment was at 3:45 and at exactly 3:45 she called me back. She was definitely more relaxed. We decided that the prescription I was using for the contacts I currently had in was perfect. (The sample/test pair provided by them.) She finalized the prescription and I went out to order my contacts.

I was helped by Mike (I think that was his name) and he was very polite with a sense of humor. I had to wait about 10 minutes as they were busy with not enough staff on the sales floor. (From my previous times here this seems to be the norm). We got my contacts ordered and my new glasses adjusted in about 5 minutes.

Fair warning: If you call this location be prepared to wait on hold for a while. I observed them answering the phone (after letting it ring numerous times) and putting the customer on hold for about 5 minutes. Once again this was due to a lack of staff on the sales floor.

It's been 2 months since I had my eyes examined and to this day, I still don't have a clue when I will get my glasses back. It's been returned 4 times and going on 5th. The reasoning was because of the frame I chose was frameless and it was difficult to do due to the screw into the lens. First time was the lenses broke, 2nd time was the frame broke, the 3rd time was they put the incorrect prescription, 4th was lopsided, now waiting for the 5th excuse. Don't you think this is way over the top? I have been patient and this is "Unacceptable". The manager Carolyn was not helpful at all and had the worst attitude. The sales supervisor was trying which I appreciate but I think it's time for a real manager to contact me with this nightmare. This is my 2nd time this yr that I've been trying to get glasses and it's been 6 months ever since. Please someone help me get this resolve!!!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1983, Lens Crafters was the pioneer of one hour glasses, and now continues to offer that core service with some of the newest lens technology.

• Onsite eye doctor: Schedule an eye exam online and visit the Lens Crafters store to get an updated prescription and order new glasses.
  • Insurance accepted: Don't pay out-of-pocket for an exam or a pair of glasses with vision insurance.
  • Designer brands: Get frames by Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Gucci and other top brands at Lens Crafters.
  • Trend spotting: See the latest trends in eyewear broken down by overall style choices. Sport the latest in Geek Chic or stand out with a pop of color. This allows buyers to see the hottest trends in today's eyewear.
  • Complete kids line: Not only does Lens Crafters offer dozens of frames for kids, they do it at 50 percent off the price.
  • Best for Kids, Teens, Professionals and Contacts wearers.

Compare Eyeglasses Online