Lenscrafters

Compare Eyeglasses Online

Research top Eyeglasses Online recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Dr ** 6667 Newberry Rd Gainesville FL. They issue wrong prescription and I been there 3 times between Dr and Lenscrafters. Finally got new prescription from other Dr but they didn't change my lenses because was past 30 days so I have to pay almost $600 and can't use my insurance because it cover just every two years check up for eyes.

At your Del Amo Mall location in Torrance, CA, I went in to have my glasses adjusted. I had bought my glasses at the old location before they redid the mall. The employee takes my plastic frames and attempts to adjust them but does a really horrible job and I notice a distortion in my left lens. Tries again but still has not shaped them to fit my face. He finally tries a third time but cannot seem to straighten them out enough to have them fit comfortably. He takes them to "the lab" and comes back with them a little better but not the lenses. Apparently during the heating process to adjust the plastic frames he heated the lenses causing them to crack. I received no apologies for this inconvenience but he offered to get me new lenses at no cost.

I go back a week later to have my glasses "repaired" and the new lenses are not thinned out like my previous lenses which I paid an extra fee for as I have really bad eyesight and I like to have my lenses thinned out. The frames come back and they have a tilt to them. I'm am so frustrated because I had adjusted them myself after the first horrible attempt. I leave after the second person's attempt to adjust my frames fail and adjust them myself at home. I would appreciate people working at your locations to have some working knowledge of glasses and how they work. Adjustments should not result in damage. I will never be returning to another LensCrafters.

Best glasses I've ever had and I've had to wear them 45 years (fit/look). The service was over the top even though they were busy, I felt like the number one customer. The lady that helped me was awesome, pleasant, personable and help me pick out the best frames. I went back for sunglasses and had the same lady, and totally love the sunglasses, again the best I've ever had! Thanks DK!

Unlike virtually any other product on the market, the "frames and lenses" from Lenscrafters has NO WARRANTY AT ALL, UNLESS YOU BUY THEIR WARRANTY for $34.99. There is NO WARRANTY for materials or workmanship of the frames or lenses. There may be a workable policy to deal with a repeat customer, but there is no ASSURED WARRANTY on the products being sold at Lenscrafters.

Furthermore, the disclosure of any of these facts is neither obvious nor discussed and you will not realize this until you get your receipt which (The customer may or may not see) for the charge for the Warranty. Even then the "WARRANTY" being offered is not complete. It would require a co-payment of some ill defined amount and even then the "EXTRA COST" is only applicable for one year! Poorly managed customer expectations.

Horrible customer service experience in the store that I won't bother to write about because the main issue is when they put the new lenses in my glasses, I couldn't see. They even told me they couldn't guarantee the replacement ones would be correct. They refused to reimburse for the exam so I could go elsewhere and when they did finally reimburse for the lenses... they had no intention of reimbursing the insurance company. I called the insurance company myself. After being disconnected with their customer service center, I finally spoke with Mickey who told me she has no intention of reimbursing me for the exam and hung up the phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?

My experience with Lenscrafters, Maui was superb as far as the staff went. But beware Synchronicity Bank!!! Fake late fees accrued on a card with NO BALANCE. C'mon Lenscrafters, your great customer service was overshadowed by your sketchy credit card company.

Beware! My wife and I had routine eye exams at Lenscrafters in the Eastgate, Cincinnati, Oh facility in February of 2017. Their website says eye exams at $82.50 including the dilation test. The dilation test was what we had rather than the eye imaging which is $35 extra. We paid $40 each upfront thinking the remaining $42.50 was being billed to Medicare for the medical part of the exam. Two months later we received bills from them for $140.05 each because we had not met our deductibles from Medicare for the year yet. They had billed Medicare $150 rather than the $42.50 we thought would be billed.

They had charged Medicare more than $100 extra over what the exam costs for a cash only transaction. This had not been explained to us upfront. If we had known, we would have paid the $82.50 cash upfront and not had anything billed to Medicare. Besides all this, the exam was rushed. One nice thing, my new glasses were made in a little over an hour, but they did not improve my vision any at all.

I have purchased 3 x's from Lenscrafters. This last yr was total joke - I was never approached. I picked out some I like then the girl said, "Oh thanks." and everything looked great. Please - especially more expensive ones. She never asked if I had insurance so I thought I couldn't use it. She never told me my 900.00 glasses would be plastic lenses. Really!!! The smudge so easy so not what I paid for! The first pair she had fit so tight I had to go back. It gave me horrific headaches and left indentations. She was loud and so not a pleasant experience. I had gone to another one out west. They were great, should have gone back there!

Nice doctor but horrible customer service from store manager and eye exam office staff. They misfiled insurance to old company even though I clearly noted I had new insurance and gave them the card. Then got major runaround (and no apology until I noted it) on how it wasn't their fault vs. just taking down the new info, resubmitting it and apologizing for wasting my time in 4 phone calls. I spent over $2K/yr there for over 8 years. Old staff was great but all left in the last 2 years. Won't be going back and will spend my money elsewhere.

I bought my glasses from them less than a year ago. When the "coating was coming off" I had to pay to get my lenses replaced. When I got them back (in a hour) I put them on and things were blurry. I told them and their response was "You haven't worn your glasses all day so it's going to be blurry." Keep in mind I had progressive lenses with a -.25 to 1. My eyes aren't bad. Just off enough to cause me migraines and I need the glare protection. I told her that did not make sense but I guess we will see. Once I went outside I was seeing 4s of the street lights. Then I knew something was wrong. I went back inside and told them the problem. I was told there is nothing wrong with the lenses and go get my eyes checked. At that point I left furious.

I went up to the other Lenscrafters in the area and the supervisor confirmed there was a crack in the coating and that would be causing the blurry vision and seeing 4s of lights. He told me he would get these ordered right away and should be ready in 3-4 days. Keep in mind this was Friday night 15 mins before they closed. On Tuesday I went in to drop off my frames, thinking they would need them that day or tomorrow. Later that week on Friday I called to find out where my glasses were. I then found out they didn't order my lenses till Tuesday, the same day I dropped off my frames. The supervisor completely disregarded my visit and never ordered my lenses. I came in on Monday when they finally got them. The same supervisor was there and helped me.

I bluntly asked why it took so long. This was the response "(snarky) Sorry, you came in late and I was off the next few days." So I replied with so much for that 3-5 days. This time he got louder and said "I said I'm sorry." All snarky. At that point I walked out with my finally repaired glasses. Later that day I set my glasses down and my leg accidentally laid on them. I felt it right away and lifted up my leg. The frames at the hinges just snapped off. I never noticed my $200.00 frames had plastic hinges. I called their corporate office because I am not dealing with their stores again. I was told I had 2 days left for my protection program but I have to file a claim through warranty before they would allow me to pay the 25.00 to replace my frames. I submitted my claim to their website they gave me. 10 days later I had not heard anything.

I tried calling all week and waited over 2 hours every time and never got anyone. Finally today I got a hold of someone and the reply was "Sorry we never received your claim". I called Lenscrafters back and was told "Sorry nothing we can do now." They will try to contact the store to see if they will do something. I do not expect a positive outcome. This has been a terrible experience and recommend everyone not to go there. At one time they were a good company. Not anymore.

I broke my glasses and didn't have much money to spend on a new pair of glasses. I went in hoping to get mine fixed but the girl Gina said it couldn't be fixed. I was about to walk out but she said she could call my doctor and get my script. So after some time it came and she helped me pick out designer glasses from the sale rack while we waited for my script from my doctor. She was so kind and helpful. It seemed like she was the only person working. The blond girl behind the desk didn't say anything to me when I came in. Gina was quick to help me. Gina got me my new glasses in my budget and in less than a hour. The guy in the back was very nice too. I think his name was Peter. If it wasn't for Gina and Peter I wouldn't be able to see. I would recommend this Lenscrafters to anyone that needs good glasses and customer services.

Terrible. I called because my glasses are causing me headaches terribly. I was told they would make them for free they wanted to charge me 54 dollars. I am so frustrated. I got a different frame off the hot deals which was 77 dollars and then I had paid 150 and they said I got none of that money back. No phone call return nothing.. This is about the last time I throw my money at this organization.

Excellent experience regarding the store in Apple Blossom Mall, Winchester, VA: The eye dr, Mr. Seung ** OD, gave my husband a very thorough eye exam, spending a great deal of time for accuracy of his prescription. The whole experience was professional, thorough, friendly and informative. I also thought the fees were reasonable. We then went to pick out frames and received the same great service from Chris **, Apprentice Optician. Mr ** was also thorough, professional and attentive to customers who entered the store. We bought the 1 yr warranty for little money compared to the normal cost of my husband's glasses. We must wait for his glasses because they are special lenses, but expect the same quality as our previous purchases from this store. We're glad we again chose LensCrafters and hope to continue doing business with them in the future.

I went into LensCrafters and bought a pair of prescription classes. I'm a Ray-ban fan. When I picked up my glasses I didn't notice that the Italian Ray Bans that I spent hundreds of dollars on were made in CHINA. Right there on the inside of one of the arms, it said Made in China. I was so angry and very bewildered. I've bought Ray Bans for LC before and they clearly say, Made in Italy. But, this time my glasses say Made in China. I called LC a couple of weeks later to speak to the manager, I wanted and paid for glasses Made in Italy. The manager basically said "Ray-ban has a factory in China where the glasses are produced, very poor quality." They offered me nothing for my dissatisfaction. I will never buy glasses from LC ever again.

I am 59 and have been using prescription glasses for most of my life. Two years ago, I bought a pair of Burberry frames from LensCrafters, with the lenses, and paid over $550 for these. Nine months later, the frames broke. When I brought them to LensCrafters, I was told I'd have to buy a new frame, which I did ($200+). I bought the same Burberry frame so that I would be able to use the existing lenses. The new frame broke about 10 months later. When I brought them to LensCrafters, I was told there was nothing they could do. They did not offer to repair the frame or reimburse me in any way. I have never had a pair of frames break in the 45 years I've been wearing glasses, so I can only assume the Burberrys were cheap knock-offs which LensCrafters sold as originals. LensCrafters looks like a professional shop, but don't be fooled.

Rimless glasses purchased not 3 months ago and the stem broke away from the lens. I had already been in to have the same stem tightened up. Today I was told my glasses can't be fixed, and because I did not buy their protection plan (the glasses were Bulgari with Swarovski crystals) for an extra chunk of money, I was S.O.L. Who does that? I thought I was turning down an extended warranty, not that they wouldn't stand by their workmanship AT ALL. I mean, not even a 90 day warranty?? Never going back and will tell people every chance I get to not buy from them.

I purchased eyeglasses in October. January the nose piece fell off. I took it to the store where it was purchased at and was told I didn't purchase the 200+ dollar warranty so they could not help me, unless I wanted to purchase a new pair. They seems to enjoy the fact that had I paid more money I could have had my issue resolved. Why would I go back to anyone who doesn't offer at least a 90 warranty. My only resolution is not to go back.

They have a good selection of frames from major brands, but I always buy Brooks Brothers frames, since they are the only ones that carry those. I always take advantage of their 50% off on lenses, and when I do, the price is very competitive. The delivery usually takes less than two weeks since I have a special prescription, but the glasses are of excellent quality.

Lenscrafters has methods of quick exams and accurate positioning of the bifocals, etc. They got it right the first time compared before when I had to take my glasses back four times before the bifocals were right. However, there were not too many selections of glasses to choose from which I cared for but the ones I bought is fine. My glasses work fine but they are a little less sturdy than my previous ones.

I would strongly recommend not going to Lenscrafters for anything. Each time I have been they are running behind schedule, even with prescheduled appointments. The service is very lackadaisical. I am a young person who is purchasing their product yet they still treat me as a child and tend to help the other adults in the room first when I have been waiting. My last visit it was evident to me that they are not up to date with their surroundings and profession. They were talking about having a cheat sheet because they can't seem to remember the correct width for certain prescriptions, it was very unprofessional. All that to say they were kind people just very lazy and not knowledgeable about their profession or how to assist customers in a timely manner.

I bought glasses at the Lenscrafters in Champaign, IL. I live 50 miles south of the store. I have had to drive back up there 3 different times. When I first bought the glasses, I told them my eyes felt strained almost immediately, like my prescription was wrong. I had my eye exam that day and was told the doctor was making the lenses "slightly stronger". I was told to wear them a few days and I would get used to them. The 2nd trip was for more adjustments, as my vision had not improved and I am back in my old glasses. The 3rd trip was to return them. On the 3rd trip, I was informed that the doctor had screwed up my script and made my glasses WEAKER than what I started with.

Lenscrafters wants me to pay for another $75 exam to adjust the lenses. Seriously? The people that work in the Champaign, IL store are rude and very condescending when dealing with customers. They act like they are annoyed that you are even there. I have worn glasses for 37 years, and they spoke to me like it was my first day on the planet. With glasses. I would NOT recommend this company.

I was charged for things I didn't ask for two years ago so the salesperson could run up the bill. The prescription was wrong in my right eye and all they did was keep adjusting my glasses with no luck. I went back today like a fool to give them a second chance and was I wrong. On my eye exam they charged me extra for a retina exam after telling me my co-pay was $20. They had me sign a paper in a dimly lit room and afterwards told me my co-pay was $59. Afterwards they started the fast talking about this coupon vs insurance vs triple A. They get you so confused that you don't have any idea about what's going on. After all of that they charge you a ridiculous price for a pair of glasses. I told them I was quoted a co-pay price of $20 and they say SORRY. Don't be deceived by the fast talking confusing tactics that they rely on to empty your pockets. I will never go back and neither should anyone else.

Glasses are always amazingly expensive. Although I think Lenscrafters' prices are comparable to others, but it's still a high price for what you get (although eyes are important). Lenscrafters is a good place to get glasses. They have various price points and good quality glasses, however there's a slight distortion in vision. But they give discounts, have a large selection, and the people are knowledgeable and friendly. They also deliver in "about an hour".

They have a large selection and you can add what you need to protect your eyes. But the glasses are way overpriced, they make money on the frames that are expensive and then the lens cause I need glare and sun protection which amounts to a high price. My glasses, which I picked up at Lenscrafters, are made of good materials. But they're hard to clean, so I end up just washing them with soap and water. I can't even just clean them with the cloth that they gave me, which I find a pain.

When the Doctor found I had a film over my eye and needed it lasered, they told me I could come back and replace the left lens for $25.00 if it needed to be changed. They didn't tell me how long I had and it took a long time to see the Doctor and then you have to go back for the procedure, so my time ran out. When I asked them to replace the lens they said they don't do that, but yet they where going to do it if my time didn't run out so I don't understand them. My ophthalmologist replaced it for $600.00, which was $200.00 less than the entire pair of glasses with the frame. Not happy with him so my glasses ended up costing me $1400.00, that made my credit card company happy and I realize you can't trust Doctors either. A lot of crooks out there.

The store offers excellent quality, variety, and options. If you can afford it, I would highly recommend. My glasses ended up costing over $400, but they have lasted for over 5 years. One could probably get glasses done for a cheaper price, if you can wait for them.

I went to Lenscrafters on the 23rd of December. I was told I would be able to pick my glasses up that next Friday. Well I called them cause I didn't want to go out of my way in case they had not come in. Well needless to say they called me said that they had to send my glasses back in cause Angel which was the one who called me that she had broke my glasses. So then she told me Tuesday of the next week I could pick them up. Well there again I called them & they told me it would be Wednesday sometime. I called them on Wednesday & that's when they told me it would be Thursday or Friday now. I told them at this time that I was very unhappy with all of this & ask to them to give my money back so I could go somewhere else & get me some glasses that I was needing very bad. That's when she told me they didn't keep that kind of money in their drawers & that corporate would be sending a check to me.

I spent almost $500 with these people & they want to give me the runaround. Like when I ask them for corporate offices number they gave me 3 different numbers & I never got a hold of nothing or no one. And the whole time they were very hateful. I will not tell my friends or family members about Lenscrafters. My receipt says 30 day happiness guarantee which gives me the right to ask for my money back. Anyway I can't wait 2 to 3 weeks for it cause I have to go somewhere else to get me a new pair of glasses & that money is going to pay for them elsewhere. If it is at all pos. for one of you all to call me it would be greatly app. & if you can today would be a great day. Thank you very much & so sorry that this may not make sense that's why I would like for someone to call. Thank you again.

I have purchased several pairs of glasses from Lenscrafters, and the measurements on the lens are always incorrect, which impedes upon my ability to see. The quality and value for the price of the glasses are poor. When I got my order in store, the representative displayed limited patience.

They're too expensive! I could buy the same pair of glasses at Walmart for about 1/3 the price. The only advantage is the glasses are made in-house so if my particular lens is in stock, they're ready in 1 hour. But I would not go there again.

Glasses at Lenscrafters all looked alike and price was horrible, about $50-$75 too high. Their eye doctor was good, but frame selection is very limited. I felt like it was the old shell game so I refused to play it. I left the store and went to Four Eyes where they had a bigger selection and lower prices.

I'm incredibly disappointed with LensCrafters right now. For the past several years we have always gone there for eye appointments and glasses; they have always been kind, helpful and provided great customer service. This week, my kids are in town and my daughter broke her glasses. Her mom is getting a new pair but needed one measurement, pupillary distance, before she could place the order. In the past, we've been able to go in and get measurements or have glasses repaired with no issues. But yesterday, December 31st, I took my 6 year old daughter in to get the measurement, and received the worst customer service I've ever had there. The man I spoke to was rude and condescending and when I told him what we needed, he rudely said, "We don't give that out." From this point on, I will no longer use LensCrafters nor will I recommend them to anyone. If that's how they provide customer service, I will take my business elsewhere.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1983, Lens Crafters was the pioneer of one hour glasses, and now continues to offer that core service with some of the newest lens technology.

• Onsite eye doctor: Schedule an eye exam online and visit the Lens Crafters store to get an updated prescription and order new glasses.
  • Insurance accepted: Don't pay out-of-pocket for an exam or a pair of glasses with vision insurance.
  • Designer brands: Get frames by Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Gucci and other top brands at Lens Crafters.
  • Trend spotting: See the latest trends in eyewear broken down by overall style choices. Sport the latest in Geek Chic or stand out with a pop of color. This allows buyers to see the hottest trends in today's eyewear.
  • Complete kids line: Not only does Lens Crafters offer dozens of frames for kids, they do it at 50 percent off the price.
  • Best for Kids, Teens, Professionals and Contacts wearers.

Compare Eyeglasses Online