3.9/5 (681 ratings)

About Lenscrafters

Lenscrafters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I would like to share the most amazing experience with the epitome of customer service. I have lost one of the screws for my sunglasses and I tried different stores to get it repaired. None able to help as my Oakley sunglasses required a special screw. I saw LensCrafters store in Aventura mall and I went inside. I was greeted by Vince, who was very kind to help me out and fix my glasses, I am extremely grateful. Vince is an excellent and dedicated employee that emphasizes the store value and quality of service. Thank you.

Original review: June 6, 2022

I had visited Lenscrafters to help fix my glasses which I had bent accidently because I had stepped on them. The service was great, an optician named Nasrin was very kind and quick to help. I'm very happy my glasses were able to be fixed when I had little time to spare.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2022

I would like to give Brad (Optical Technician) of assisting every time I visit the store. Brad is very knowledgeable about his job. Please give Brad an EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. I would like to recommend it to anyone who will visit the store to look for Brad for assistance. Keep up the good work Brad and GOODLUCK!

Original review: June 2, 2022

I broke my glasses on Memorial Day weekend. My job requirement is fine detailed dental procedures. I had a spare set but the prescription on the old was not current. My old glasses were repaired and restored like new quickly and there was no charge for their service. I rate them them a ten plus. The store manager was courteous and very helpful. I recommend the Barboursville store a 10 plus rating for service, friendliness and professionalism.

Original review: March 16, 2022

Entire staff at Lens Crafters in Middletown, NY at Galleria Mall, were professional and knowledgeable. Salesperson Jamie was very personable. Lens Crafters are the best in overall service and quality for prescription glasses, in my humble opinion. Never had a problem with my glasses purchased from Lens Crafters. I highly recommend them for all your eyeglass needs.

Sincerely,

Anne

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

I have been buying Ray Ban sunglasses since 1970. I have had prescription Ray Bans since the 1990s. I have a pair now where the coating is coming off after three years and I still have the previous two prescriptions and there isn't a coating on the lens, It's a prescription lens, not a coating. There is absolutely no problem with those lenses.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

I went to Lenscrafters. I got right in, eye exam was thorough: color test to taking pitcures of my eyes. Ashley did a great job with me from insurance questions, finding and fitting me with new glasses. I will be back next year.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

I will never recommend LensCrafters! Aside from the cost of their product, the service, specifically at the 23rd Street/Madison Avenue, NYC location, is substandard. After 25 years with a local ophthalmologist, I decided to visit LensCrafters. What a mistake, especially after my experience with Nicole the store manager.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I am new to Vermont and I brought my daughter there to get glasses. Let me be clear, the doctor next to this location was awesome as was their staff. LensCrafters is not. The lady waiting on me made me think I had bad insurance and stated they would only cover 47.00. My bill was over 400. When I got home I logged in and seen they were out of network. I notified the corporate office and they said to call that office. I called and the same lady answered and I told her I wanted it cancelled. She said ok. I do have the email telling me to call her and since it was the same day no problem at all. Yesterday I get a text stating glasses are ready. I checked my card and they did not remove the charge. This is not acceptable. I have made a complaint to the BBB as well. I will continue to contact review agencies and their corporate office until this is resolved.

Bottom line do not go there. They charge almost triple as anywhere else and they will not tell you that they are not in network. I went to Costco and without using my insurance I got me two pairs and my daughter 1 for less than LensCrafters cost for one pair. Now I can use my insurance to get my daughter's contact lenses. Oh and those glasses were ready same day as the ones I did not want at LensCrafters. Costco took one week and LensCrafters took almost three weeks.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

My experience was not good. Got progressive lenses. Told her I wanted ones just like was wearing. Got glasses and frames within a week. They were fine for reading but could not drive. Every thing blurry. So I took them back for a refund. Had to wait for my Insurance reimbursement for a month and that was with several calls. These glasses total over $700.00 my share was 290.00 and my insurance was a flat 325.00 for lenses. Of course LensCrafters showed all these discounts for the scratch resistance, Transitional and more. Went to Eyemart Express for all the same features that's listed above and my out of pocket was only $49.85. Once my insurance was reinstated they were very helpful in adjustments. Lens Crafters Doctor was even rude at times for my annual eye exam and try to rush you through all your appointment. I would never suggest Lens Crafters to anyone. I will never use again. Senior citizens it will pay you to shop around.

Lenscrafters author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1983, Lens Crafters was the pioneer of one hour glasses, and now continues to offer that core service with some of the newest lens technology.

• Onsite eye doctor: Schedule an eye exam online and visit the Lens Crafters store to get an updated prescription and order new glasses.

• Insurance accepted: Don't pay out-of-pocket for an exam or a pair of glasses with vision insurance.

• Designer brands: Get frames by Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Gucci and other top brands at Lens Crafters.

• Trend spotting: See the latest trends in eyewear broken down by overall style choices. Sport the latest in Geek Chic or stand out with a pop of color. This allows buyers to see the hottest trends in today's eyewear.

• Complete kids line: Not only does Lens Crafters offer dozens of frames for kids, they do it at 50 percent off the price.

Lenscrafters Company Information