3.6/5 (327 ratings)

About Lenscrafters

Lenscrafters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I was fortunate enough to have Elizabeth help me because my Lens popped out, within 20 minutes it was fixed. They even had a lot of people in the store. I made an appointment which helped a lot. Lenscrafters is where I bought my 1st pair 20 years ago. I only go to Lenscrafters and get the insurance on the glasses. Quality and service can't be beat.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

The site was easy to navigate. When I called customer service they were very nice and informative. He told me exactly what I needed to do. And also told me the price of the glasses both if I used my insurance and if I didn’t.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2021

They have a wide selection of lenses and frames at affordable pricing. Location is right by my optometrist so it’s easy to go in for glasses or maintenance. They also have the brand of contacts I like and always have very friendly and knowledgeable staff.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I bought prescription sunglasses this time from LensCrafters for the 1st time. The time it took to check the eyesight and get the prescription was in a timely manner. There were lots of options to choose the frame and most of them were covered by my insurance. Customer service was great and received my new sunglasses in a week. Great job.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Continued to use the glasses, thinking I just need to get accustomed to the new prescription. But in fact I have never been able to read or drive with these glasses. Took them back to the store, and was told, I just needed to purchase a new pair. Are you kidding me, at over $600, I won't be getting them from Lenscrafters.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I purchased a brand new pair of frames from MOSCOT in NYC and took them to the Brookline MA store on Beacon St on 8/14/2021. I choose new lenses and paid $788.99 I have not received the glasses as of 9/15/2021. I cannot get the date when they will be ready. All Kim can tell me is that they are working on them. I paid $290.00 for the frames for a total expense of $1,078.99. All I want is a check for the total expense of $1,078.99! I filled out an online complaint form, but I need my MONEY BACK so I never go back to Lenscrafters again! They are part of a huge conglomerate under LUXOTICA. I will continue to post as I get results!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Expensive Oakley RX Sunglasses, less than year old, parts fell off. Store doesn't have parts, said talk to Oakley. No one to talk to at Oakley, but you can BUY replacement parts online for glasses still under warranty. Bad customer service after the sale and I have a warranty. NO OAKLEY! NO MORE LENSCRAFTERS!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

After submitting my prescription sunglass order online the service reps kept contacting me about issues with the prescription. This also happened when I tried to order a few months back. I resent them the entire prescription. Another rep contacted me stating they need me to resubmit another new order. I am very disappointed with the customer service that I received and let this be a warning to pass on Lenscrafters.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

When I went to them originally 20 years ago service was great. I got my glasses in just a matter of hours or a few days. Recently I went to make another purchase. I asked how long it would take to make my glasses. They told me the same day or next day. After making my purchase they informed me that it would take up to 10 days for my glasses to get made. I told him I wasn't satisfied with this and I would like my money back. I told him that their salesperson that told me one or two days and they transferred me to their so-called lab. These people informed me that could be up to 10 days but would make a rush on it and call me. It's now 10 days and still no glasses. It seems like the whole company likes to lie to their customers. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I purchased two pairs of glasses from the Eastern Hills Mall, Clarence NY and I've only been wearing the glasses for 3 months.. I'm extra careful about cleaning them but the AR coating is spotted all over the glasses. The Manager of the store says he can't do anything for me. My original order had to be sent back because it had the wrong script. 3 months and they are blurry already.. He said the sun affects them.. WHAT.. They are transitions with some new coating they offered. WELL the coating does not work. He said I can talk to anyone so I'm out 650 bucks on blurry lenses ... Dr. ** please help me. Or someone call me. The 800 number does not work.

Lenscrafters author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1983, Lens Crafters was the pioneer of one hour glasses, and now continues to offer that core service with some of the newest lens technology.

• Onsite eye doctor: Schedule an eye exam online and visit the Lens Crafters store to get an updated prescription and order new glasses.

• Insurance accepted: Don't pay out-of-pocket for an exam or a pair of glasses with vision insurance.

• Designer brands: Get frames by Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Gucci and other top brands at Lens Crafters.

• Trend spotting: See the latest trends in eyewear broken down by overall style choices. Sport the latest in Geek Chic or stand out with a pop of color. This allows buyers to see the hottest trends in today's eyewear.

• Complete kids line: Not only does Lens Crafters offer dozens of frames for kids, they do it at 50 percent off the price.

Lenscrafters Company Information