1.11/5

410 Lenscrafters Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

My wife and went to Lenscrafters Huntington Walt Whitman mall in March 2018 to get new eye exam and lens and frames. Wow what a huge disappointment! Spent almost $1000 and nothing but trouble. Frames broke. Good this we bought the insurance. Still hit us for another $25. Did not even call us when the new ones came in. They texted never never land. We had to call to get info. Will never go back there again. Don’t waste your time as we did. We will NOT go back to

Lenscrafters ever!!! Do yourself a favor go to Target. Better service. Less money. Same quality eyewear.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

After I surgery I brought my prescription from my surgeon to LensCrafters for a pair of multifocal glasses. I also purchased prescription sunglasses at that time. $941. It took three weeks for the lenses come in. I wore them for a week realize the sunglasses were very bad. Brought them back and they had to remake them. Since I was new to progressive lenses I was told that I needed to wear them for a while and get used to them. I continued to wear them until my next appointment with the eye surgeon.

My vision was poor and she checked the prescription noting that the glasses were not what she had prescribed. I return to LensCrafters spoke with, manager named Guy. He said he would have to speak to the regional supervisor since the warranty was only for 30 days. I reminded him that it was impossible to use the glasses and they had to be remade 30 days had come and gone. I was advised that Guy would get in touch with the regional supervisor and contact me. I have still not heard back from Guy or anyone else at LensCrafters. Run from this company.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Ok, I've been going to Lenscrafters for quite a few years. Just went in to get an update on my prescription. The "doctor" was fresh out of school. I find out they no longer have 1 hour service. So I had to wait a week and then they screwed up the lenses. Had to wait another week. Both prescriptions ARE WRONG! No one knows what to do there. The lab will only do a few lenses and a few frames. The junior mints working there are clueless and incompetent. I am now waiting for them to call me back so I can get my old lenses put back in and I have to go back across town and try to get a refund. That will be probably be a joke too. No one could answer my question on what the procedure is.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Very poor quality. First time I received my glasses: there was a defect in the lens and they kept insisting "my eyes will adjust". They even asked me to have my prescription re-checked and the optometrist could immediately see that the lens was defective. Then they said they will remake it and I waited a week for them to give me glasses that had peeling antireflective coating.

The third time remaking them the frame was messed up and they couldn't fix it. The fourth time they remade them: the lens is obviously very low quality as it has obvious peripheral distortion. This pair of glasses cost about 1000 dollars and is the high index, anti-reflective anti-glare lens. Very horrible service at the Kings Automall location in Cincinnati Ohio. Staff members were very rude. Customer service of lens crafters doesnt care at all and never responded to two complaints that I sent it. I will never shop at Lenscrafters again.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I'M not sure where to begin - it's so long I'M not sure I even have the energy to write it all. Suffice it to say I've gone there for years, but today marks my last visit. It's been months of getting a prescription correct - today I was asked who was helping me last time, I described her and they said - oh well she's on vacation so we can't help you!! I had to go home and get my last pair of glasses - they swore they could not figure out the problem without them.

By the time I returned - with my glasses they then asked if I had my prescription! I said no you all assured me you had that here. I could have gotten it when I went all the way home to get my fine glasses had you told me. They then said they had called the gal who was on vacation and somehow figured it out. Their condescending attitude like I was doing something wrong was even more infuriating then their lame "ciphering" of what had gone wrong... These people are not your eye care professionals! You're eyesight is important - don't trust it to these idiots!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I am writing this review as I have not had a good experience with Lenscrafters, and this is my first experience with this company. I purchased glasses there a few months back and constantly had trouble with them fitting correctly. I went in multiple times to have them fitted, but when I tried wearing them to work they would either be too loose and slide down my face or they were too tight, giving me a headache. I was told that perhaps the frame was too large, and since I am prone to migraines I should pick a smaller frame like my current frame and also go with the more expensive, lightweight lenses as my prescription is high. I was outside the 30 day window to return the glasses as I wanted to do and felt I had no choice but to try another frame. I live over an hour away and am a nurse working night shift, and trying to get to the store was difficult.

I went back to reorder another frame I had picked out, but it was gone (it was supposed to be set aside for me) and had to choose a different frame I did not like but had no option. I ordered the other lenses as well. When these glasses came I had the same issue. They did not fit right, kept sliding down my face. I could not wear them. I went to different Lenscrafters stores even out of the state of AL to see if anyone could get them to fit right. No one could, and no one could help. I went back to the Mobile store and was told that they could possibly remake the glasses with the other frame I had wanted since it was close to my old frame. I had offered to even let them use my old frame for the lenses, but they could not guarantee with how old and worn they were that they would not be damaged in the process, and then I would have no glasses.

I was told to call back in a couple of days to see if the manager would approve the remake. I called back, and the manager at first told me she had no idea what I was talking about. Then she remembered and told me the girl I had been working with called and left me a voicemail days ago to which I replied I never even received a voicemail or call. I felt at this point the manager did not want to deal with my issue anymore and told me if I wanted, I could go to the Lenscrafters in Foley which would be closer to me, and they would remake my glasses for me. The manager told me she would call right away and let them know I would be coming in and to remake the glasses.

About three weeks later I was able to get over to the Foley store upon which the manager there told me she had no idea what I was talking about and no phone call from the Mobile store manager had come in. Nothing was listed in my file, and the Mobile manager was not in the store the day I went to the Foley store, and therefore I made another wasted trip. I was given the phone number for Customer Service and the option to pick and tried calling twice but could not get through. I called again, choosing the option I was told to pick, explained my whole story in detail to the lady and then was told at the end that she could not help me as she was warranty information only and not connected to Lenscrafters.

I called back and finally got in touch with a customer service representative and after giving my complete, detailed story, was told again he could not help me but would send me a link to the website where I would need to write out in detail my experience and within two business days should get a response. I asked why a customer service representative could not help take the report and help with this issue, and I was told that management wanted it this way so the customer was telling the story in his/her own words, and the story would not be twisted or changed by customer service.

I am very dissatisfied with the customer service I have received at the Mobile store and on the phone. I have never in my life encountered a business that has treated me this way and given me the run around I feel. I have a new pair of glasses I cannot even wear with no option of getting this issue resolved. I have never paid as much for a pair of glasses as I have for these, and I have never been so dissatisfied with a pair of glasses as I am with this pair. I only hope this issue gets resolved and that no one else encounters the same problems and frustrations I am in trying to get this situation resolved.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I went to a Lenscrafters in Colorado Springs on Saturday. To start, we had the first appointment of the day. Walking in as they unlocked the doors and somehow still waited 40 minutes to be seen. The tech that does the initial screening was talking to me asking last time I had contacts, and I told her I had been a bit short on cash so the last 6 month supply I got was a year and a half ago and I made it last. (By make it last I meant I wore a pair for a month then went a while with glasses only, then wear a pack for a month and even with that it was a few days in a few out.) But at no point did she ask or clarify what I meant.

Then when I get to the Dr. he seemed very clinical and cold, but I didn't think too much into it yet. He started to ask questions about my vision, to which I wasn't sure how to answer and he started getting rude and arrogant. It was almost as if he was bothered by the fact I was there and didn't understand the questions. Then he asked about my contact usage to which I told him I don't wear them more than a few days in a row at a time as my eyes get irritated and itchy. He was quick to rebuttal with my having made a 6 month supply last a year and a half. I kind of smiled as I realized when he had thought, so I began to explain what I meant and he cut me off and began talking to me as if I was a small child being scolded.

He continued on telling me he would not issue me contacts as I was considered non compliant. Again I started to try and explain what I had meant and that this was solely due to funding at the time. He came back with "if cost is an issue then contacts might not be the option for you". I was a little stunned and in shock. First of all he wasn't even listening to me rather making assumptions based off half facts and judging me. Secondly it's not his decision as to if I can afford glasses or contacts. He was so rude and arrogant and was only getting worse as the appointment went on. Then he proceeded to tell me I could go down the street to get contacts if he decides he refuses to issue them to me. Again, just in pure shock.

We proceed with the appointment and he checks my eyes and tells me he is surprised they are healthy with my contact abuse. What?!?! Then he starts looking for things to scold me on. He actually got a Q-tip to push my eyelid almost inside out... I have never had this done... ever. And he comes out with he can see the inflammation. Okay so at this point I'm really getting annoyed so I told him that was very interesting as I haven't worn contacts in months. He responded with, "That's just how bad it is." (I have terrible allergies and am allergic to my mom's cat that was at my house the day prior, but sure it just had to have been contacts from months prior).

To finalize the appointment he informs me he is putting in my file I am non compliant and that he would give me a trial run of 2 week contacts and he would decide if he would ALLOW me to have contacts. And 2 week trials... yeah those cost me 84.00. This was by far the worst experience I have ever had. I have always went to America's Best, however this Lenscrafters was closer to my house so I figured myself and my mother would give it a try. I made a huge mistake and will never go back to a Lenscrafters again. I spent almost 300 after insurance to be treated like trash while being told what I may or may not be allowed to do. This man made quick judgment and didn't even listen to me when I tried to explain myself and then just proceeded to make the entire appointment just horrible!

He treated my mother with similar rudeness and made quick judgments on her as well, while asking things that was none of his business. He was questioning her as to why had it been so long since she last had contacts, and why she all of a sudden wanted them now, and why she was getting clear instead of green. And honestly it's not even the questions that was the problem, it was the condescending tone that he was asking. So clearly when I go back for my "trial" I plan to go back to the eye doctors that treat their clients as real adult people, not gum under their shoe begging for a crumb. I just can't begin to express how horrible this man made both myself and my mother feel.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I purchased 4 sets of glasses for me and my spouse. The cost was over $1,000.00 and the wait was nearly 3 weeks. When they finally came in the technician fussed for about one half hour in an attempt to bring the new to the same level of clarity as the old. I was finally advised to wear them for a week or so and "let my eyes adjust". I had thought that was the role of the lenses, but we'll see. Meanwhile my wife discovered that the distance lenses had been put in her reading glasses frame in error. So nearly a month after meeting these nice people we are still waiting to say goodbye to them. And I do mean goodbye. Summary: overpriced, underproductive.

Original review: July 24, 2018

On June 18, 2018 I ordered new lens to my very expensive transitional glasses I bought back in 2017 at LensCrafters. The original lenses were never right so I decided to get them corrected with new lenses, again by LensCrafters. The prescription was incorrectly prepared and the new lens had to be sent back to the lab. I now have been waiting since June 18, over 6 weeks for these glasses. Whenever I call the store they tell me the same excuse over and over that they will check with the lab and get back to me. Unless I call them I never hear back from them. As of today I still haven't heard back from them and after paying over $600 for the glasses originally in 2017, and another $395 for the new lenses in June of this year, I am done doing business with this store and would never recommend them. Very unhappy with the service and rude replies received from the people working there. The store location is at The Avenue At East Cobb in Marietta.

Original review: July 22, 2018

At this very moment I am extremely dissatisfied with the lack of communication and follow up including rude amateur customer service by two of your employees in your Store # 359 Baybrook Mall located in Friendswood Texas 77546. On June 8th, 2018 I completed my Eye exam and received Rx # ** from Dr. ** who was connected to your Store # 359 being this Doctor's Office was very customer Service Oriented and very Professional. The same day I decided to try Lenscrafter because my Insurance AETNA PPO provided me with a $ 125.00 gift certificate and it might be safer and faster that way and being I’m a responsible person and my vision is very important to me I elected to try your Company And received a copy of my order # **.

The salesperson ** was average at best and would talk more than listen to my input. Nevertheless I selected my frames paid for the frame and glasses and was told that being this required special lenses there would be 7 workday turnaround time. On or about June 18, 2018 I received a phone call from your store and went to pick up my glasses, and to my surprise the lenses were not suitable and did not correct my vision and the Store Manager was very Professional and immediately walked over to the Doctor's office and they worked it out on what I really needed and asked her to make sure the order is correct because I do not wish to make this lengthy trip to your store again, because it appears to me that the factory never checked it against the prescription, and apparently, instead of checking it at the factory, they shipped it, then and only THEN checking it to see if they got it right!

A week and a half passed, and not hearing from the store I called, and it was answered by a Ms. ** and I asked for the Manager and she informed me that she was the Manager on Duty and the store manager was out, so she looked up my order and told me it would take three weeks and asked her to have the Store Manager call me which never occurred. So today July 22nd, 2018 not having heard anything I decided to call to see where my paid for glasses where.

I called the store and guess who answered? ** who again informed me that I asked to speak to the store Manager and the initial response I got was again she is not in and ** did not have a date my glasses would be available, so I asked her to have the Store Manager call me the next day, Monday 7/2/018 because if I did not hear from the Store Manager by then, I would be forced to call Lenscrafter Corporate Offices and she stated in the most rude and with an indifferent tone stated the Manager would also be off Monday.

In summary it’s been 46 Calendar days, and no one can tell me when I will receive my paid for merchandise and all I ever end up is having the displeasure of having to deal with a totally RUDE Employee. In summary it's sad to see a business have such disrespectful employees and service and FYI you have most certainly lost my business!!!

Original review: July 20, 2018

I had gotten a gift from my mother, a pair of coach sunglasses a little too big for my face but very nice so I decided to bring them back to see if I could find another pair or simply return them if I couldn’t. The man who helped me at the Lenscrafters in Macy’s at Coddingtown Mall in Santa Rosa basically accused me of stealing because they couldn’t find my mother's profile on their computer. Well that’s a first! And he took the glasses from me and said they would investigate it!!! How rude is that! I was accused of stealing and they took my sunglasses and made me feel very bad...

Nobody should ever be treated that way. I will never shop there ever again! That was the worst shopping experience I’ve had in my entire life! All I wanted to do was get another pair of sunglasses that fit better and I left with nothing feeling very embarrassed. That was not the right way to handle the situation. Oh by the way my mom never gives out her personal information to stores. She believes that she should not be targeted for the items she buys in order for businesses to harass her with coupons or junk mail or annoying robot calls.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I am so upset at the bold faced LIE I received in the 6th Ave store in NYC last week. My husband & I took my daughter on Tuesday (July 10). We had lovely salesperson. We picked out frames and explained that our daughter was going to summer camp and needed new glasses. After fitting our daughter, reviewing the prescription, etc., we were ready to pay. We told our salesperson that she left for camp on July 15 so we would need the glasses the day before. The salesperson hesitated and said the type of lens she required required longer to make. We were disappointed, but appreciated the information.

As we were ready to leave w/o placing an order, the manager said we could in fact receive the glasses before our daughter’s camp. She said the glasses would come on Friday (July 13). If there were adjustments to be made, we could do it the next day. SHE volunteered this information. SHE convinced us to purchase the glasses as the timing would work out. She said she would call on Friday when they arrived. Friday came & went. When my husband called the store the next day, he was told our order couldn’t possibly come until the following week.

The assistant manager called me yesterday (July 18) to tell me the glasses were ready for pick up. I told her to give me a full refund, which she did. My daughter left for camp without a spare of glasses. We wasted our time in the store. We also wasted a week of waiting for the glasses when we could have gone to somewhere else. We routinely bought our families’ glasses from Lenscrafters. But we will not go back now. The store manager’s behaviour, just to get a sale, is rude and unethical.

Original review: July 17, 2018

At this very moment I am extremely dissatisfied with the lack of communication or follow up from the local office Located in West Des Moines Iowa that I went to for my exam. I went ahead and ordered my contacts through the store thinking that it might be safer and faster since they have the means of tracking their own orders. I placed my order with them on 07/09/2018, it is now 07/17/2018. I had to make a call to them yesterday only to be told that and I quote "Oh ya we forgot to tell you, your order is on back order due to your prescription." So after waiting over a week that was the initial response I got. Here is the problem with that, I kinda need them to see and to drive!!! A no brainer right? So I am still waiting for my order to arrive and have been told yet once again that they should arrive by 8:00PM. I will not ever go back to a Lenscrafters. They have most certainly lost my business!!!

Original review: July 6, 2018

I took my prescription, selected sunglasses, and paid. When I went to them up (Lenscrafters Oakridge San Jose California) I asked if the handles could be straightened. The customer service person heated them up and straightened them. On vacation the handles resumed to original position. Went back to Lenscrafters customer service. Person said, "Sorry we cannot straighten." When I ask for exchange I was told, "Sorry you will have to purchase a new pair." I was not satisfied with the response or the service and I will not purchase from Lenscrafters again for they do not stand behind their product.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I was very excited when I first purchased my glasses at Lenscrafters, I thought I was spending my glasses wisely: I thought I had purchased everything that Lenscrafters offered to ensure my experience would be a good one. First I did pay cash for my glasses, I do wear my glasses 24 /7 because I need to. Yes. Most times I sleep with them on, there is very little space for error where scratching can occur. I was also told that if I use the cloth they gave me at the time of purchase I would be good. After 6 months of using my 800$ glasses it became almost impossible for me to see with them, I went back to my old glasses because Lenscrafters told me that I was responsible for what my glasses have become. I'm A responsible person and my vision is very important to me, Lenscrafters did nothing for me, told me I had six months to wait for a new pair. I would never purchase or recommend Lenscrafters to anyone.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I went in for a exam in Dec 2017. I got sick & could not go back to get them fixed. I have a hard time walking the long hallway to get from to door to the office at Fox valley Mall. I spend $900.00 for 3 pairs of glasses. I went back March & am told it is my castrates. So I wasted that money & have to find a new Doctor. I guess if you are handicap you are screwed because LensCrafters don't care they just want your money.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Three weeks ago took myself and my daughter to get eyes checked after a year. They said my eye prescription changed so I picked new frames and lenses. The lenses were bad so I went back next day. Said the frames were not right kind for my script. Did it again, this time I couldn’t see and went back to old glasses. Went in and 3rd time's lenses looked cheap and not like my current specks. 4th time I was upsold to hi def lenses and when I got them they creaked and popped. Went to clean them and the lenses popped out. Took them back. They were cut wrong for my frames. Had enough. Gave them 4 chances to get it right and asked for money back. Lady was a complete **. She said I was past my 30 day refund even though it’s starts when I get new glasses. Even so I was 7 days under their 30 but she was too hot on trying to deny my refund instead of helping me she didn’t look at the calendar.

I was gonna give them one more chance but when she started lying to me about it all and not coping to the reasons why I was back a 4th time I saw what LensCrafters was all about. They could care less about your vision. All they want to do is make their shareholders happy. Business and life isn’t about shareholders you twits! It’s about people and doing a good job in business! Never again. Oh and she had to refund my card $177 like 4 times cause she couldn’t figure out how to do that. Worst medical experience I have ever been a part of. How can a company and its staff not care about my vision and only care about the sale. Oh and they still shorted me by $60 my bank said today. But ya know it’s worth it just to get rid of the lying flip CHRISTINA, retail manager (laughable) on La Palma. You should be fired.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Lens Crafters Hemet Ca - Had my exam in Nov 2017. Told Dr that was seeing double almost like split screen effect. He had perfect solution... I needed prisms in both lenses. Left eye had 4 prism, right 1. No insurance so couldn't fill script till March. I was so excited about the prospect of seeing everything as one instead of split. Was told of 30 day money back guarantee. Picked up my.glasses and was told that it would take take two weeks for my eyes to get used to prisms. Pretty much couldn't see for 2 weeks but kept waiting to adjust. 2.5 weeks later went back and told them... Lady was very nice and started to adjust prism strength on trial glasses. Still couldn't see. She went back and got the Dr. He came out and was very frustrated and told her to take out prisms completely... They made new pair with no prisms.

I can see better now but was never offered any refund on cost for prisms and I actually would have never purchased glasses knowing that double vision couldn't be fixed. The girls are nice in there but the Dr loves to push these prisms. Heard him sell two different patients prisms. Hope they worked for them. Just be careful and don't get talked into prisms unless you know for sure you need them and more so are able to see out of them. You won't get any refunds and they aren't cheap.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I took my favorite glasses that I purchased some years ago to Lenscrafters, 777 3rd Ave @ 49th St., NYC 10017; 212.527.2363 on May 3rd or 4th, 2018. I spoke with ** about my unique butterfly, cat frames and that they have the wrong prescription in them to which I need changed. I showed him my prescription from my doctor and soon asked how much it would be. He said, oh wow, "well first we have to find out if we can even do them because of its shape". He asked another associate, and his response was "yeah they can do it". ** then said it should take up to about 3 days for me to hear back from them on whether or not they can do it, but that I probably will not hear anything back until it is finished.

I received a vmail message from ** on May 14, 2018 stating that they CRACKED my glasses. I didn't understand and asked what he meant. He said the place in which they send glasses to, broke my glasses (frames). I went directly over there after work approximately 6:00 pm and saw my favorite unique glasses that do not exist ANYWHERE (not even on-line) are cracked on the top of the frame. RUINED. ** apologized and refunded my $345.00, which was the cost of my prescription.

He then asked how much I paid for the frames. I told him it was some years ago and I no longer have the receipt and that they are definitely not under $150.00. He said they will reimburse me, but he doesn't know how much and that his manager will be in the next day at 12:00 and the manager should give me a call around 2:00. I was in the store approximately 2:15. When I told ** (Store Market Manager) the story, he said I can have any glasses in the store for free. I told him that I do not trust Lenscrafters again, want nothing to do with them and I just want to be reimbursed for my broken frames. He said because I have no receipt that there's nothing he can do. I responded, "I spent no less than $200.00 on these frames" (realizing afterwards that it was more than I told **) and "that's how you deal with your customers?" "Why would I want anything to do with Lenscrafters after YOUR outsourcing company broke my glasses?"

As I walked out of the store he said, "have a good day." I came back approximately 8 minutes later while he was on the phone to read his nametag. He took out his business card and handed it to me (while he was on the phone) and said, "here so you have all the information." He was very unsympathetic with a nonchalant attitude. This was some customer service Lenscrafters. I totally underestimated your professionalism. I think now I see why Lenscrafters are closing around NYC. They are HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Never never never have anything to do with their credit card. Sounds good at first but is not. Bought in February two sets of glasses. Was talked into the card... was told should take 7-10 days to get the card and statement... wrong. No card in March, April finally got here. Paid in full April 26. Got call saying they have not received our payment and are wanting payment again. Will never, never, never do this again. Hoping this will not screw up the credit.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I had my eye exam on April 12 and left my frames with them and requested to get new transitional lenses in them. They are my personal frames that I have had lenses put in them by a different LensCrafters location in the past. First they gave me a 3 week turnaround time which is longer I’ve ever heard. I call after 4 weeks and I am told that they have LOST my frames. I’m told that they “pulled my file prematurely”, which means nothing to me, and that my frames just lost. The assistant manager of the shire offered for me to pick out whatever lenses they sell for free. I am not interested in the generic glasses they sell that’s why I had my own.

Original review: May 3, 2018

On 4/7/18 I brought my 86 year old Mother in for her yearly exam and lenses (she was keeping her frames). Being told she needs special lenses - OK - had to wait a week, called, (no text), go in and drop off her glasses - then an hour - no text. Call them again, asking are they ready? Yes, we go in and they were wrong, she couldn't see out of them, we were left to sit and wait for the Dr., another person comes in, no appointment, no insurance and is called in next - we were waiting for close to 2 hours just for the Dr. Re-exam, wait some more, some sales girl, not listening, puts the order in - wait a week, call them - (no text), the lens have been there for 3 days, (then I get a text after my call) bring the frames - wait an hour, go in, they are wrong, the bi-focal were sticking out of the lenses.

They will fix them, wait a week, go in, needs to see another Dr. - wait around, Dr. said they were too strong (this is the 3rd exam since 4/7/18). Under the understanding, they will be ready in an hour, call them, must wait another week - didn't even send her home with her old glasses. It is May 2nd and we must wait another week. I had to ask them to clean them the second time we were there and they were wrong, as they were popping in her old lenses again and handed them to her dirty - eww. Needless to say this manager Kervin has lost my entire family's business and I will tell this story to everyone I know that goes, or plans to go to the Totowa Lenscrafters. My Mother has to sit for another week wearing 3 year old glasses, not able to needlepoint or watch the Yankees. NICE way to treat the elderly Lenscrafters! Whenever I would call all I received were excuses and not 1 apology for waiting over a month for a pair of lenses - their specialty.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I broke my glasses, and needed new ones quickly. I went to Lenscrafters and was told they'd be in within the week. A week and a half passed, so I called the store and was promised they'd be in the store in two days. Two days later, I had to call again and was told that my glasses hadn't even been shipped yet, and that I could expect them in five days. No one could tell me why they had taken so long, so I submitted a complaint. I'm not sure anyone actually read my complaint, though, because I was asked a few questions that were clearly answered in my original complaint. Now I'm being ignored by corporate, and plan to return my glasses and go somewhere else. I'd never use Lenscrafters again after this.

Original review: April 8, 2018

The store in Northridge mall. There's a gal there named Dianna...she's totally RUDE to me. She was 8 feet away from me and said I smelt of alcohol and refused to help me...and said she wouldn't give me my refund. She said to come back in 3 hours to see her manager. I suggest nobody do business with this store.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Due to an insurance change we were forced to utilize Lenscrafters, and not previous providers so I scheduled eye exams and subsequent glass selection with LensCrafters. My husband required two separate pairs of glasses, one for regular use and the other for computer work. I required progressive. We selected our frames, and ordered... we also had coupons for extras such as tinting, anti reflective glare etc. which were used. A week went by and my husband received notice that one pair of his glasses were ready for pickup. We live 50 miles away so opted to wait for the other 2 pair to come in... 2 days later he received a call that his 2nd pair were in and I received a call that my glasses had come in but the lens were broken in transit and had to go back to be remade.

Another week went by, still no glasses for me so we went on a weekend and picked up my husband's. I was then told that mine were at the UPS facility in town and hadn't been delivered. I asked whether they could be picked up and they said they called but couldn't. LensCrafters promised they would call me the moment they came in. Several more days and still no news so I called again, and my glasses were indeed in so we drove the 50 miles to pick them up.

Now when I ordered my glasses I ordered a special Anti glare lens which the tech and I had a long discussion about but when my glasses came in they came in as transitional ones with no Anti Glare. I called and the person who did the order said he remembered me and specifically recalled I went with transitionals, he offered to remake and to have me pay the added cost but I am done with LensCrafters. Never been jerked around so much before for a pair of glasses and I really wish our insurance covered our previous providers.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I ordered my glasses 2 weeks ago. I called 4 days ago and was told the would be in today, so I called this morning and was told they would check and call me right back, 5 hours later they call me back and say they had to send them back because they used my old prescription instead of the new one. My old script is 5 years old and my eyes are worse, but they decided the new script was too strong so they took it upon themselves to just use the old one instead of contacting the Dr. I now have to wait another 4 to 5 days for them, very disappointed, won't use them a third time!

Original review: March 16, 2018

Staff are inept at Cinema Point, Colorado Springs store. Can't read and input correct prescriptions. This is second time in 4 years that the same mistake was made by careless and inept staff member. Hard to imagine but true. Huge inconvenience. From now on, I'm going to ABBA.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Anti-glare coating defective. This problem is very similar to the complaint of Amy of Charleston, WV, Jan 19, 2018. This is not a problem with this specific location as I have read enough other complaints on other websites to know that this is a company wide problem so any potential Lenscrafters customer should be concerned.

In Nov. 2016 Lenscrafters at the Town Center Mall, Boca Raton FL replaced both lenses in my favorite frame, one that is impossible to find a current replacement for. After a few months, a few spots appeared on the front side of both lenses – looked like water spots but would not wash off. This store said I must have splashed some caustic liquids on them dissolving the anti-glare coating - I greatly doubted that. I had not purchased their protection plan as in over 50 years of wearing glasses I had never had an issue.

So they would not help me without that plan - they claimed that the problem with the coating was the fault of the lens manufacturer, Varilux who I contacted -Varilux stated they neither make nor apply that coating. So I brought the issue to the attention of Lenscrafters headquarters who did instruct this store to replace the lenses – great! However the store would not allow me to purchase their protection plan for these new lenses.

After a few months the coating on both of the new lenses wore off to a much greater extent – not just a few small spots but about 25% on one lens and 50% of the other in the center of both lenses - very unsightly. In this case it looked as if it was caused by wiping the lens with a cloth. I was totally honest with the store, admitted that I sometimes used a soft shirt to do this as opposed to the approved soft cloth which they recommend; during this same time period I was wearing other glasses from other companies which I much more frequently cleaned by using a shirt to wipe them. I have used my shirt for cleaning the many pairs of glasses which I have had for many years - not just a few months - without ever having this problem.

Neither the store nor headquarters was willing to do any more than a discount off their regular price to replace them again – when I asked if I could buy the protection plan for the new pair they stated that they no longer sell the protection plan for Varilux lenses, only for their own brand of lenses which are much more expensive. The store could not explain why they will no longer warranty the Varilux lenses. Am I wrong to be suspicious that this is an admission that they have had too many similar claims for these defective lenses?

Original review: March 8, 2018

I went into Lenscrafters near my job, on Court Street in Brooklyn, NY, the day after Christmas. It was the end of the year, and I decided to get an eye exam to utilize my insurance benefits before the year ended. Upon entering, I was immediately helped. I provided my insurance cards, and promptly saw the eye doctor. I had an exam for eyeglasses as well as contact lenses. When done with the exam, the gentleman who took my insurance, was also the associate who assisted me in picking out glasses. Since my prescription had changed, I decided to get 2 pairs of glasses. After sitting down and going through everything, including my insurance benefits, my out of pocket cost was $1287. I thought this was pricey, but thought it was because I paid extra to get my lenses thinned out, as well as insurance on both frames. I tried putting down half the money, but was told it had to be paid upfront, which I did.

After some time passed, I realized my health insurance company sent me a claim for my eye exam, and not my main vision insurance. After calling, I was told my benefits weren't utilized! SMH. So, when I handed the guy both my insurance cards, apparently, he only ran one. Why he would do that and not mention it to me, is beyond me. I called Lenscrafters to see if I could somehow use last year’s benefits, even though we were now in 2018, I was told I could not. I tried putting up a fight and explaining it was their error not mine, but was told there was nothing I could do.

I decided to go back to the store to return both pair of glasses because at this point I was frustrated. I spoke with the manager, who was able to call my insurance company, explain what happened, and get the price adjusted so that I could get partially refunded and pay the amount I should have paid originally. Because of the professional way she handled things, I decided to keep one pair, and only return the second. In total, I was refunded $880 out of $1200, and also $200 from my FSA.

After some time passes, I realize I never saw the credit on my credit card. I did the return on 1/25/18, and called LENSCRAFTERS on 3/5/18. I spoke with the same woman who helped me, and originally she said the credit should have went through, but that she was going to look into it for me. In the meantime, I started an investigation with my cc company. Three days later, on 3/8/18, the LENSCRAFTERS rep left me a vm saying she confirmed that the credit never went through, and I should be seeing it within the next few days.

Talk about bad ordeals! The whole situation has me completely turned off by LENSCRAFTERS. It was ridiculous that the sales rep knew he sought coverage through one of my insurance plans, and did not utilize my main vision plan at all. When he was going through everything with me, he explained what insurance was taking off, so I assumed he was using both. If he wasn't, that should have been mentioned to me immediately. Additionally, when I called back, the rep on the phone told me that didn't even take my main insurance, which is FEP Blue Vision with Blue Cross Blue Shield. However, when I went into the store, to do the return, the manager explained they did take it, and the rep was probably confused. SMH. So, the rep should have gotten clarification before telling a customer something like that!

LENSCRAFTERS has a huge selection of frames, and is accessible because of their many locations. However, in my experience, they need to do better in training their associates. They should not be assuming anything. The only thing that was the saving grace in this situation, was the 30 day money back guarantee, and the fact that the manager was knowledgeable. She was also very polite. But their cons far outweigh their pros. I wasn't even offered an explanation as to why the credit was never issued to my card. You couldn't pay me to go back to LENSCRAFTERS.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I recently went for an eye test at this establishment which operates inside of a Lenscrafters Store. The glasses I received were not suitable and did not correct my vision. After my 4th visit it still could not be resolved and I was told to come back yet again (This would mean at least another 2 visits). Eventually the store refunded me for the glasses and I returned them. The doctor’s office however is now trying to distance themselves from the store and insist I need to come back for another test. I do not wish to make this lengthy trip again. I went to a different eye doctor who said that the prescription is too severe a change from my last prescription and likely would be too extensive. STAY AWAY.

Lenscrafters expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1983, Lens Crafters was the pioneer of one hour glasses, and now continues to offer that core service with some of the newest lens technology.

• Onsite eye doctor: Schedule an eye exam online and visit the Lens Crafters store to get an updated prescription and order new glasses.

• Insurance accepted: Don't pay out-of-pocket for an exam or a pair of glasses with vision insurance.

• Designer brands: Get frames by Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Gucci and other top brands at Lens Crafters.

• Trend spotting: See the latest trends in eyewear broken down by overall style choices. Sport the latest in Geek Chic or stand out with a pop of color. This allows buyers to see the hottest trends in today's eyewear.

• Complete kids line: Not only does Lens Crafters offer dozens of frames for kids, they do it at 50 percent off the price.

• Best for: Kids, Teens, Professionals and Contacts wearers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs