3.7/5 (319 ratings)

About Lenscrafters

Lenscrafters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?

Original review: June 5, 2021

I have to wear special lenses. My eye doctor shares an office space with LensCrafters and LensCrafters got my RX wrong the first time I received it. Sent it back a second time because they were scratched and even though I paid for scratch resistant lenses in the initial order I was charged again when they sent it back. I wanted to give my eyes time but I still can't see very well. I can no longer see up close with my glasses, which I use to be able to do with the old pair. There is a fuzz/blur around the words. Even with my contact lenses there's a fuzz. For the money they charge I should be able to see. I see just fine when I'm at the doctor's using their equipment but that's not being translated in my prescriptions. Plus they would not give me the PD which is absurd as that is my medical information. I should be able to know what that is so that I am not forced to purchase glasses only through them.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I have purchased several pairs of prescription eyeglasses from Lenscrafters over the past 20+ years. I normally do not have the ophthalmologist or optometrist check the script, which I didn't this time, until I recently had a new exam. I was told that there was no prism in the glasses; I have been wearing the wrong script for a few years, as the vision had not changed much. I have the original script indicating a prism for one lens only, and the doctor couldn't understand how it was not included. I know I was having much more double vision than normal, but I thought it was just getting worse. Discount or not, I will take my vision more seriously and get prescriptions filled elsewhere from now on.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2021

My family of 6 switched to Lenscrafters (at Haywood Mall in Greenville, SC) recently. Last week on Wednesday 4/28/2021, we had an appointment for one of my daughters and myself. We left with glasses RX but forgot to ask about the PD. We went back on Saturday 5/2/2021 and we were greeted by a gentleman with a very bad attitude and the Assistant Manager Kami. We politely asked to get the PD measurement since we forgot to ask. They were really rude (especially with their body language).

Kami had to tell her employee to be quiet a couple of times so she could speak to me and that aggravated him more. They both refused to read the PD for us since we did not purchase frames, they said that was the company policy. They were very rude and condescending to us. We left and canceled the other 2 appointments we had set up for my other 2 daughters the following weekend. What we don't understand is that their website says (and quote) the following: "You can ask your eye doctor to include your PD measurement on your prescription". It doesn't say that we need to buy glasses in order to get our PD. Attitude for the two employees needs to be addressed and apologies for the way they speak to customers should be considered. Customer satisfaction is everything and it doesn't take a lot to be nice to people.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I will begin to say that they do have a good selection of frames prices range from 168 to 500 dollars depending on the brand you pick but the overpriced comes in when you have progressive lenses you will get charged double if not triple the price. But what really make me do this review was the fact that approximately less than 72 hours after putting my order and getting charged more than 1,000 dollars I change my mind about adding transition lenses. So my daughter that also goes there told me, "Call by phone. Tell them you want the transition lenses anyway. They have not sent it to lab yet."

I called. A girl came on the phone. First she tells me that Nilda who is the person that got my order does not go work there then tells me that calling the wrong LensCrafters. Then I asked for her to check my order number. She finally says that was the right shop but that in order change my order I had to go in person. I explained to her was not even in Broward County at the moment. Needless to say that they lacked customer satisfaction and service. I don’t think after buying from them more than a thousand dollars worth of frames and lenses she should have told me that I had to go in person and she never even let me talk to Nilda the person that took my order so was not able to add the transition lenses. So the only time I will back to the store is pick up my order and the near future to go see Dr ** who is great awesome Dr.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I ordered some new prescription glasses from here. It was my first time and they sent me the wrong prescription. I questioned them and they told me they’d see what was entered on their end then went back on it and said ‘oh actually we can’t tell you what was entered but we assure you it was correct’. Well, the prescription they put in was in the box and was -.25 off from what the prescription that I gave them said. They are getting returned and I will not order again.

Original review: April 6, 2021

If you ever visit the Lenscrafters' web site be prepared to be frustrated. Contacting customer service about all the problems in their site is a waste of time. For example, if you have a user account as I do, there is a chance that the optometrist you used at their store has scheduled a future exam for you to confirm in your account online. There's even a Book Exam button for you to do so. However, when you click on it you get a 'Sorry the page you're looking for can't be found' message instead of confirming the exam that was already scheduled by your optometrist.

Then there's the in store purchase records which seem to be non-existent. If you follow the page instructions to manually enter your receipt number you'll discover that the information is not only incorrect but you cannot enter the receipt number they claim you should because the formats don't match. The one on the till receipt is nowhere near the same as the accepted format on the web page. You also only get 5 chances to enter it correctly until you get locked out of your account. At least that's what the basically useless site claims will happen. Fact is, that's a lie. Just use the browser back button and you can try as often as you like based on my personal experience. You'll never succeed because the till receipt number will NEVER be accepted. It's way too long.

When you spend $500 on an exam and a single pair of glasses you expect to see them when you view the appropriate section of your user account online. Too bad that is not the case and apparently never will be since the customer service personnel I've dealt with haven't a clue what customer service actually is. They've blamed the store personnel, the optometrist and myself for the problems I've encountered on their horrible website. It's as though they think they're infallible and neither the fault or responsibility is theirs to bear.

As for the in-store experience, I was never told when my glasses would be ready or whether or not I would be contacted. Basically, I paid, they gave me my receipt and went to another customer before I could ask them anything. It's been almost two weeks and I have heard nothing. I should NOT have to call them to see if my glasses are ready especially given the overpricing for the frames and lenses. I could have bought two or three pairs for the same amount of money at Walmart on online elsewhere. And I still have no idea what my prescription actually is!!!

Original review: March 21, 2021

I went to the store at Nashua mall NH for eye exam appointment, I was only 5 minutes late then the lady said I need wait 10 minutes, ok fine I will wait, but I waited 25 minutes and I still didn’t get checkin, I think the lady did this on purpose, no one ahead of me and the person who had appointments 20 minutes behind me already went in, so I asked why I still didn’t get served, she basically said if I was late I don’t have to come, I am wondering now is it the company policy? In the past when I went to the same store on time and since they were behind the schedule I waited 30mins to get served and I didn’t complained anything. The lady is short, black hair, about 40, how come the store hire such person? I won’t come to this store anymore.

Original review: March 19, 2021

My encounter with the manager at the Federal Way, WA store yesterday was incredibly unprofessional and against LensCrafters publicly posted policy. I decided to return a brand new pair of glasses and request a refund because they had broken twice within 2 weeks and after telling the technician the story of the glasses, she told me they generally advise people not to buy that particular type because they are fragile. No one told me those type of glasses are a known problem. The manager walked over and asked me several time ‘What is wrong with THESE glasses’? Of course I told her, each time, I don’t have faith in them given my experience and what the technician just told me. She said ‘There is nothing wrong with them, we sell hundreds of them’. Not only her words but her attitude was angry and dismissive. This was all very public.

I asked to talk to a store manager, she said ‘That’s me. You’re stuck with me’. Wow. I was completely blown away. Ultimately she said ‘You don’t want any resolution’ and finally did the paperwork to issue the refund. I will never go into another LensCrafters store. I will share this experience with my company’s benefits office as well as the insurer. In addition to the incident described, just trying to get these glasses was fraught with problems. Each time I called to see if my glasses were ready, the technician told me they had texted me and I never responded. Well, each time they told me that I asked what number they contacted and it was not my number. Each time. And each time I asked them to correct it and it was never corrected. I am done with LensCrafters. Lastly, the “30 day happiness guarantee” means nothing when the manager, of all people, doesn’t understand her role in managing people, service and policy.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I have been going to Lenscrafters for many years. Never again. Ridiculous price: 2 pairs of bifocals in new frames came to nearly $1,500 until "generous" discount reduced to about $700. Took weeks to get them. Never called to say they were in. Fitter was rude when I asked to have the optical center marked, as I have had trouble with THEIR glasses before. She nearly broke a pair by twisting it to "fit" them. They still don't fit, with the result that one bifocal is higher than the other. I asked to be removed from their mailing list, but they have just ignored that request.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Bought my glasses about a year ago and the lens started falling out after 2 weeks. I had to pop it back in all the time. It finally fell out and I couldn't find it so I took the glasses back to the store to get a new lens put in but they wouldn't do it even though I bought their purchase protection plan. Bad glasses from a bad company. Be warned.

Lenscrafters author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1983, Lens Crafters was the pioneer of one hour glasses, and now continues to offer that core service with some of the newest lens technology.

• Onsite eye doctor: Schedule an eye exam online and visit the Lens Crafters store to get an updated prescription and order new glasses.

• Insurance accepted: Don't pay out-of-pocket for an exam or a pair of glasses with vision insurance.

• Designer brands: Get frames by Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Gucci and other top brands at Lens Crafters.

• Trend spotting: See the latest trends in eyewear broken down by overall style choices. Sport the latest in Geek Chic or stand out with a pop of color. This allows buyers to see the hottest trends in today's eyewear.

• Complete kids line: Not only does Lens Crafters offer dozens of frames for kids, they do it at 50 percent off the price.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team