Lenscrafters

Compare Eyeglasses Online

Research top Eyeglasses Online recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Triangle Town Center LensCrafters - Raleigh, NC: Due to the number of horrible reviews concerning LensCrafters, I felt that I should add my wonderful review. The only problem with my glasses was I didn't like the way they looked on me. After about 5 days I decided that I should return them. After reading the reviews I was a bit nervous about returning my glasses to LensCrafters. I truly thought that I would have a problem. In fact, it was such a great experience. The woman that waited on me when I got my glasses was the same woman who helped me with my credit. She was professional and very helpful. No problem whatsoever.

My husband purchased glasses in February 2017. The glasses were over $700 but with our insurance we paid $480. Now 5 mos later the glasses are scratched. My husband is very particular with his glasses. Always stores them in a case and uses only the cleaner/cloth for glasses. This weekend he was grilling and bent over and his glasses fell off his face. The lens got scratched and pitted. We called the store to see about replacing the lens and we were told the best they could do was sell them to us for $350.

I called my insurance company and they said we were sold all the "premium" options in February and that is why the glasses were so expensive. We were never told by the sales person that we were buying premium options nor were we given choices of the other options available. The thing we should've been sold was the $35 warranty not the other hidden things we didn't need or ask for. And the premium polycarb lens are worthless! And LensCrafters is dishonest company that takes advantage of their customers.

Highly dishonest!!! Be warned Now!!! They lack integrity. The people that work there are dishonest and rude. We use insurance that has ZERO copay and they tried to get us to pay them. Went to another company and they honored our insurance. Lens Crappers (as I call them) kept our insurance in their system to prevent the other company using our insurance. Had to contact the insurance company and they had to threaten them and removed the block themselves. We also used them last year. I am wondering how much we got ripped off at this point.

The management also lacks a sense of professionalism. He told me to come back when I was walking out the door to go elsewhere. When I asked how he could help me with a solution he simply placed the blame on Costco and said that Costco should not have offered the lens for free through our insurance (This is something I brought up during the conversation). I tried to walk away and he snapped at me and said "OH GOD!" as I was walking away. I felt troubled at this point as he said it in a way that I felt he would have tried to fight me. I walked out and they will never see our family again. It's too bad too because they would have made a lot of money off of our insurance. We have great insurance (Private not government).

I don't have any experience with the Doctor or the people in the eye glasses store but the receptionist for the doctors are terrible. I had an appointment schedule on a Saturday that I had scheduled Wednesday or Thursday, no one bothered to call to get insurance information so when we get there they tell me I would have to pay out of pocket and let my insurance reimburse me. I said no, and rescheduled. I scheduled another Saturday appointment and made sure to verify that the receptionist would verify the insurance before I came in. I get a call 15 minutes before my appointment from the receptionist saying that they DID NOT verify my insurance so I would have to reschedule my appointment AGAIN! NOPE, not doing it! I told them to take me off and I would find somewhere else to be seen!

Recently, I accompanied my minor child to the Castleton Square Mall location of Lenscrafters featuring Indiana Eye Doctors llc., for eye exam whereby I received two quotes for exam and opted to utilized spouse's $10 deductible over my corporate plan ($30). However, upon checking out the clerk smiled and stated, "That will be $40." I was quite chagrined to learn that they'd performed some new test upon my minor child with NO PRE-AUTHORIZATION but gladly charged me and our insurance! Of course the clerk or Doctors could change my invoice and despite finally getting Manager "Joe" on the telephone for an apology etc... No such return of my funds has yet to appear back on my credit card!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?

I went into Lenscrafters at Topanga Mall in Woodland Hills California on 12/24/16. I bought contact lenses and there was a rebate offer where after registering my purchase online, I would receive a rebate in the mail. I had someone at the store walk me through the process and I sent in a photo of my receipt and all the information needed from the box etc that are needed to receive the rebate. The rebate never arrived and I called and emailed to complain and no one ever got back to me.

I recently went in and bought new glasses and I informed the store manager of what happened and she informed me that she would look into it. I am going into the store to pick up my eyeglasses tomorrow (12/22/17) and so far I have heard nothing back. The manager informed me that it's not Lenscrafters... it's Bausch + Lomb's company; however, what all businesses must understand is that if your corporation decides to work with an affiliate, and you are offering a rebate in your store, then you cannot separate yourself from them if they have poor service. Whatever they do or say is a reflection on your store. Not I need someone to look into this and so far it doesn't feel like I am any closer to receiving my rebate.

I purchased nearly 800 dollars worth of prescription eyeglasses two years ago. I had added special anti reflective glare coating for I believe was an additional $75.

Three months later the glare coating was showing scratching and making my glasses unusable. I took them in and the store claimed I had been abusing my glasses... So not true. I kept them in their case and used the special cleaning cloth. The store claimed they could not remove the film and I would need to spend another $200 for new lenses. This if less than three months. Needless to say I went elsewhere.

Last month two years later. I took the same frames into Lenscrafters to replace the lenses for a new prescription. I shouldn't have been surprised, they claimed they no longer had the template for a lens for one frame (Rayban) and that the half frame lens on the other couldn't be replaced on the other because the optician claimed there was some damage to the device that holds the lens in. I couldn't see anything wrong. So the proposal was not only replace the lenses for $200+ but another $400 for new frames. Needless to say again I walked away and I stated that Lenscrafters policies for glasses are at best unethical and perhaps even illegal. Beware of these guys robbing you blind.

The good news. I found online a place to mail my glasses into. They replace the lenses in the same frames that Lenscrafters wouldn't swap out the new prescriptions. It took 5 business days to get my glasses back in the mail and I saved more than $400. Don't waste your money on Lenscrafters crooks. Go to Replacement Lens Express.

I was ripped off by LensCrafters and the scams they run against consumers are criminal. They also use inferior lenses and coatings so the products don't last. Their prices are 400% to 500% higher than others. On one occasion they put the wrong prescription in the computer, the glasses were out of focus, they said, "We'll give you 50% off on your next pair." They refused to fix their error. On another occasion the lenses did not fit the frame, they would fall out and they said, "It's the way these glasses are made". Yet, I ordered the same pair from someone else, and the lenses were cut right and fit. The LensCrafters store on Avenue of the Americas AKA 6th Avenue is RipOff City USA - STAY AWAY. Eat glass instead, it's a better experience.

I have been a customer for years, and they have always been slow. I assumed this, so when they told me just over a week for my glasses, I was not surprised. I presumed this amount. But when I began calling to check on progress and associates went from at least trying to check on my purchase to not knowing how to look them up and telling me to call back later, I was slightly annoyed. When the manager told me sign up for texts I had already requested at my appointment and I had yet to receive a single text about the status, OK, a bit more annoyed.

My tipping point was when I contacted the national organization and not the local business and the representative told me she could call the store, I mentioned I had done all that many times and I just wanted an accurate timeline if she could get in touch with a warehouse, manufacturer, someone besides the store. She denied the request and had me find her contact info on the store in question because she was unaware they had moved... Needless to say, I just want my glasses and it is going on 3.5 weeks from my appointment when they said they would be ready in 1. If they had given me an honest estimate the 1st or 2nd time I would have been satisfied. But by the 5th person I talked to, including managers and national not just local or regional employees... I have to highly suggest NOT using LensCrafters to any and everyone.

I read a lot of reviews putting this company down. Recently my lenses started doing something strange. It was like a break in the middle. They were over a year old and I didn't buy the warranty. I went to them just to see what could be done. After looking at them, the manager said to send them off to the company and they would repair them. They look like new. This isn't the first time they have done this. They also replaced my son's glasses years ago. A friend broke them. It was not any fault of the glasses. However, because they advertised that this type frame would not break even if bent, they replaced them at no charge. I have had very good experiences with LensCrafters in SC.

Lenscrafters advertises 1 hour wait for glasses. After selecting frame and lens for my son we were informed that the glasses will take a week which we accepted. When the date came around we were told that the glasses will take another 2 weeks. The date came and we were told that the shipment should be in later that day. Called today and still no glasses. Each time we were told that they would call us which they did not do even once. If we were told upfront that the glasses were delayed we would have ordered a different lens. Lenscrafters failed in both customer service plus failure to deliver as advertised.

Dr ** 6667 Newberry Rd Gainesville FL. They issue wrong prescription and I been there 3 times between Dr and Lenscrafters. Finally got new prescription from other Dr but they didn't change my lenses because was past 30 days so I have to pay almost $600 and can't use my insurance because it cover just every two years check up for eyes.

At your Del Amo Mall location in Torrance, CA, I went in to have my glasses adjusted. I had bought my glasses at the old location before they redid the mall. The employee takes my plastic frames and attempts to adjust them but does a really horrible job and I notice a distortion in my left lens. Tries again but still has not shaped them to fit my face. He finally tries a third time but cannot seem to straighten them out enough to have them fit comfortably. He takes them to "the lab" and comes back with them a little better but not the lenses. Apparently during the heating process to adjust the plastic frames he heated the lenses causing them to crack. I received no apologies for this inconvenience but he offered to get me new lenses at no cost.

I go back a week later to have my glasses "repaired" and the new lenses are not thinned out like my previous lenses which I paid an extra fee for as I have really bad eyesight and I like to have my lenses thinned out. The frames come back and they have a tilt to them. I'm am so frustrated because I had adjusted them myself after the first horrible attempt. I leave after the second person's attempt to adjust my frames fail and adjust them myself at home. I would appreciate people working at your locations to have some working knowledge of glasses and how they work. Adjustments should not result in damage. I will never be returning to another LensCrafters.

Best glasses I've ever had and I've had to wear them 45 years (fit/look). The service was over the top even though they were busy, I felt like the number one customer. The lady that helped me was awesome, pleasant, personable and help me pick out the best frames. I went back for sunglasses and had the same lady, and totally love the sunglasses, again the best I've ever had! Thanks DK!

Unlike virtually any other product on the market, the "frames and lenses" from Lenscrafters has NO WARRANTY AT ALL, UNLESS YOU BUY THEIR WARRANTY for $34.99. There is NO WARRANTY for materials or workmanship of the frames or lenses. There may be a workable policy to deal with a repeat customer, but there is no ASSURED WARRANTY on the products being sold at Lenscrafters.

Furthermore, the disclosure of any of these facts is neither obvious nor discussed and you will not realize this until you get your receipt which (The customer may or may not see) for the charge for the Warranty. Even then the "WARRANTY" being offered is not complete. It would require a co-payment of some ill defined amount and even then the "EXTRA COST" is only applicable for one year! Poorly managed customer expectations.

Horrible customer service experience in the store that I won't bother to write about because the main issue is when they put the new lenses in my glasses, I couldn't see. They even told me they couldn't guarantee the replacement ones would be correct. They refused to reimburse for the exam so I could go elsewhere and when they did finally reimburse for the lenses... they had no intention of reimbursing the insurance company. I called the insurance company myself. After being disconnected with their customer service center, I finally spoke with Mickey who told me she has no intention of reimbursing me for the exam and hung up the phone.

My experience with Lenscrafters, Maui was superb as far as the staff went. But beware Synchronicity Bank!!! Fake late fees accrued on a card with NO BALANCE. C'mon Lenscrafters, your great customer service was overshadowed by your sketchy credit card company.

Beware! My wife and I had routine eye exams at Lenscrafters in the Eastgate, Cincinnati, Oh facility in February of 2017. Their website says eye exams at $82.50 including the dilation test. The dilation test was what we had rather than the eye imaging which is $35 extra. We paid $40 each upfront thinking the remaining $42.50 was being billed to Medicare for the medical part of the exam. Two months later we received bills from them for $140.05 each because we had not met our deductibles from Medicare for the year yet. They had billed Medicare $150 rather than the $42.50 we thought would be billed.

They had charged Medicare more than $100 extra over what the exam costs for a cash only transaction. This had not been explained to us upfront. If we had known, we would have paid the $82.50 cash upfront and not had anything billed to Medicare. Besides all this, the exam was rushed. One nice thing, my new glasses were made in a little over an hour, but they did not improve my vision any at all.

I have purchased 3 x's from Lenscrafters. This last yr was total joke - I was never approached. I picked out some I like then the girl said, "Oh thanks." and everything looked great. Please - especially more expensive ones. She never asked if I had insurance so I thought I couldn't use it. She never told me my 900.00 glasses would be plastic lenses. Really!!! The smudge so easy so not what I paid for! The first pair she had fit so tight I had to go back. It gave me horrific headaches and left indentations. She was loud and so not a pleasant experience. I had gone to another one out west. They were great, should have gone back there!

Nice doctor but horrible customer service from store manager and eye exam office staff. They misfiled insurance to old company even though I clearly noted I had new insurance and gave them the card. Then got major runaround (and no apology until I noted it) on how it wasn't their fault vs. just taking down the new info, resubmitting it and apologizing for wasting my time in 4 phone calls. I spent over $2K/yr there for over 8 years. Old staff was great but all left in the last 2 years. Won't be going back and will spend my money elsewhere.

I bought my glasses from them less than a year ago. When the "coating was coming off" I had to pay to get my lenses replaced. When I got them back (in a hour) I put them on and things were blurry. I told them and their response was "You haven't worn your glasses all day so it's going to be blurry." Keep in mind I had progressive lenses with a -.25 to 1. My eyes aren't bad. Just off enough to cause me migraines and I need the glare protection. I told her that did not make sense but I guess we will see. Once I went outside I was seeing 4s of the street lights. Then I knew something was wrong. I went back inside and told them the problem. I was told there is nothing wrong with the lenses and go get my eyes checked. At that point I left furious.

I went up to the other Lenscrafters in the area and the supervisor confirmed there was a crack in the coating and that would be causing the blurry vision and seeing 4s of lights. He told me he would get these ordered right away and should be ready in 3-4 days. Keep in mind this was Friday night 15 mins before they closed. On Tuesday I went in to drop off my frames, thinking they would need them that day or tomorrow. Later that week on Friday I called to find out where my glasses were. I then found out they didn't order my lenses till Tuesday, the same day I dropped off my frames. The supervisor completely disregarded my visit and never ordered my lenses. I came in on Monday when they finally got them. The same supervisor was there and helped me.

I bluntly asked why it took so long. This was the response "(snarky) Sorry, you came in late and I was off the next few days." So I replied with so much for that 3-5 days. This time he got louder and said "I said I'm sorry." All snarky. At that point I walked out with my finally repaired glasses. Later that day I set my glasses down and my leg accidentally laid on them. I felt it right away and lifted up my leg. The frames at the hinges just snapped off. I never noticed my $200.00 frames had plastic hinges. I called their corporate office because I am not dealing with their stores again. I was told I had 2 days left for my protection program but I have to file a claim through warranty before they would allow me to pay the 25.00 to replace my frames. I submitted my claim to their website they gave me. 10 days later I had not heard anything.

I tried calling all week and waited over 2 hours every time and never got anyone. Finally today I got a hold of someone and the reply was "Sorry we never received your claim". I called Lenscrafters back and was told "Sorry nothing we can do now." They will try to contact the store to see if they will do something. I do not expect a positive outcome. This has been a terrible experience and recommend everyone not to go there. At one time they were a good company. Not anymore.

I broke my glasses and didn't have much money to spend on a new pair of glasses. I went in hoping to get mine fixed but the girl Gina said it couldn't be fixed. I was about to walk out but she said she could call my doctor and get my script. So after some time it came and she helped me pick out designer glasses from the sale rack while we waited for my script from my doctor. She was so kind and helpful. It seemed like she was the only person working. The blond girl behind the desk didn't say anything to me when I came in. Gina was quick to help me. Gina got me my new glasses in my budget and in less than a hour. The guy in the back was very nice too. I think his name was Peter. If it wasn't for Gina and Peter I wouldn't be able to see. I would recommend this Lenscrafters to anyone that needs good glasses and customer services.

Terrible. I called because my glasses are causing me headaches terribly. I was told they would make them for free they wanted to charge me 54 dollars. I am so frustrated. I got a different frame off the hot deals which was 77 dollars and then I had paid 150 and they said I got none of that money back. No phone call return nothing.. This is about the last time I throw my money at this organization.

Excellent experience regarding the store in Apple Blossom Mall, Winchester, VA: The eye dr, Mr. Seung ** OD, gave my husband a very thorough eye exam, spending a great deal of time for accuracy of his prescription. The whole experience was professional, thorough, friendly and informative. I also thought the fees were reasonable. We then went to pick out frames and received the same great service from Chris **, Apprentice Optician. Mr ** was also thorough, professional and attentive to customers who entered the store. We bought the 1 yr warranty for little money compared to the normal cost of my husband's glasses. We must wait for his glasses because they are special lenses, but expect the same quality as our previous purchases from this store. We're glad we again chose LensCrafters and hope to continue doing business with them in the future.

I went into LensCrafters and bought a pair of prescription classes. I'm a Ray-ban fan. When I picked up my glasses I didn't notice that the Italian Ray Bans that I spent hundreds of dollars on were made in CHINA. Right there on the inside of one of the arms, it said Made in China. I was so angry and very bewildered. I've bought Ray Bans for LC before and they clearly say, Made in Italy. But, this time my glasses say Made in China. I called LC a couple of weeks later to speak to the manager, I wanted and paid for glasses Made in Italy. The manager basically said "Ray-ban has a factory in China where the glasses are produced, very poor quality." They offered me nothing for my dissatisfaction. I will never buy glasses from LC ever again.

I am 59 and have been using prescription glasses for most of my life. Two years ago, I bought a pair of Burberry frames from LensCrafters, with the lenses, and paid over $550 for these. Nine months later, the frames broke. When I brought them to LensCrafters, I was told I'd have to buy a new frame, which I did ($200+). I bought the same Burberry frame so that I would be able to use the existing lenses. The new frame broke about 10 months later. When I brought them to LensCrafters, I was told there was nothing they could do. They did not offer to repair the frame or reimburse me in any way. I have never had a pair of frames break in the 45 years I've been wearing glasses, so I can only assume the Burberrys were cheap knock-offs which LensCrafters sold as originals. LensCrafters looks like a professional shop, but don't be fooled.

Rimless glasses purchased not 3 months ago and the stem broke away from the lens. I had already been in to have the same stem tightened up. Today I was told my glasses can't be fixed, and because I did not buy their protection plan (the glasses were Bulgari with Swarovski crystals) for an extra chunk of money, I was S.O.L. Who does that? I thought I was turning down an extended warranty, not that they wouldn't stand by their workmanship AT ALL. I mean, not even a 90 day warranty?? Never going back and will tell people every chance I get to not buy from them.

I purchased eyeglasses in October. January the nose piece fell off. I took it to the store where it was purchased at and was told I didn't purchase the 200+ dollar warranty so they could not help me, unless I wanted to purchase a new pair. They seems to enjoy the fact that had I paid more money I could have had my issue resolved. Why would I go back to anyone who doesn't offer at least a 90 warranty. My only resolution is not to go back.

They have a good selection of frames from major brands, but I always buy Brooks Brothers frames, since they are the only ones that carry those. I always take advantage of their 50% off on lenses, and when I do, the price is very competitive. The delivery usually takes less than two weeks since I have a special prescription, but the glasses are of excellent quality.

Lenscrafters has methods of quick exams and accurate positioning of the bifocals, etc. They got it right the first time compared before when I had to take my glasses back four times before the bifocals were right. However, there were not too many selections of glasses to choose from which I cared for but the ones I bought is fine. My glasses work fine but they are a little less sturdy than my previous ones.

Compare Eyeglasses Online