Lenscrafters

Compare Eyeglasses Online

Research top Eyeglasses Online recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had my eyes examined at the Asheville, NC store on October 14, 2016. The doctor fitted me with my contacts and told me to try them out for a few days and see if they worked well for me. I returned a few days later and told the doctor that they needed to be adjusted because I could not read at all with them. She examined me, made the adjustment and gave me a new pair of lenses. I could read much better with the new lenses and proceeded to leave. I was in the process of moving to Florida and could not get my lenses mailed to me, so I asked for my prescription on my way out. The receptionist pulled up my records and printed out my prescription for me and I left.

When I arrived in Florida and had my address, I ordered 2 boxes of lenses from and online store that I had used in the past, submitted the prescription that was given to me by Lenscrafters and waited for my lenses to arrive. When I received them and put the first pair in, I realized that I must have been given the first prescription (not the corrected prescription) because I could not read anything at all.

I have been in contact with the doctor at Lenscrafters via e-mail constantly since this error was realized. She (on behalf of Lenscrafters) refuses to replace the lenses or refund the money I am out for the wrong prescription, even though she admitted the error to me in one of her e-mails. Her reasoning is that she can't refund or replace an error in my prescription due to her company's representative's error because I didn't purchase my lenses through Lenscrafters! It shouldn't matter WHERE my lenses were purchased, I entrusted Lenscrafter's with my vision in good faith and paid for the examination and any accurate prescription necessary. The Asheville Lenscrafter's store and Lisa **, are not to be trusted in any transaction! I will be taking the matter up with corporate, but from what I've read, my efforts will probably be futile. So, buyer beware when dealing with Lenscrafters!

I bought my glasses on Nov 4, 2016. No call was placed to tell me my glasses were finished. I called them and learned the glasses were done. So, I drive to Attleboro only to learn my prescription was placed into the wrong frames. The tech who made the mistake blamed the lab. I've asked to speak to a supervisor at the corporate level three times. None is ever available and no return call has been made. Never expedited my correct glasses. Still waiting. Run, do not walk. The Lenscrafters in Macy's at Emerald Square is a joke. You have been warned!

The reason for this review is on the August 30, 2016 I was at the Pearland Texas location, in the Town Center. Once in the eye exam room. The doctor had me to place my chin against one of the machine. The lens were dirty and once the doctor wiped them off. They were still cloudy. Then this rebate problem for my contacts. I was told by the eye doctor she would take care of my rebate information, and I should receive a certain amount in the mail. Time went passed. Nothing. I ended up doing my own rebate and was told I was suppose to do it myself. If you can avoid going to Lenscrafters in Pearland. It will not be worth your trip.

I went to a Lenscrafters at Merle Hay Mall in Des Moines Iowa and was greeted by the single employee working there named Meagan. In the past I had been able to bring broken glasses in and have new ones made from by them copying the prescription from the lens. This time I was told that they cant do that and that they need the person to come in for photographing and measurement with their computer system. I explained that the person could not come in and I just needed an emergency pair so they could travel home to New York. They outright refused to sell me glasses claiming that the computer system in use was the only way they can sell the glasses. SO basically they discriminate against people who can't come to their store in person.

I was upset but decided to call another lenscrafters location and was told exactly the same story. No instore, no glasses. At least the person on the phone admitted that the reason was because they needed to upsell the frames and lens treatments. I WILL NEVER USE LENSCRAFTERS AGAIN. And I buy new glasses for a family of six every two years. GOODBYE FOREVER LENSCRAFTERS!

My issue is that the Lenscrafters in Omaha at Westroads Mall sends out appointment reminders for appointments never made by the customer. I have to assume that they just randomly assign the date and time to see if they can get the person to keep the appointment. Last year, I received a reminder email for an appointment that I supposedly made. The problem was, this appointment was during my vacation, which has been the same for the last 40 years...there is no way I would make ANY appointment during that two week period. But, like the good little follower that I am, I called and changed it and went to the appointment after vacation.

Fast forward to today and I receive the following (part not all of the email): "Finally, remember to keep your annual eye appointment. We can look for even the slightest changes to your eyes, and check for early signs of diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. You are currently scheduled for the following appointment: Appointment for: Vicki; Appointment Ref #:**; Date/Time: Tue 04-04-2017 12:40 PM; Office Address: Westroads Mall Omaha, NE 68114"

At least they didn't make it during my vacation again. I am certain that I did not make this appointment. It is neither in my personal calendar nor my work calendar, and I do not have a card with the appointment written on it, which I ask for if they do not offer one. Maybe they do this to older people (I am 62) hoping that we will just assume we forgot making the appointment.

I hope that others who have wondered if they just forgot making the appointment and went to it anyway, will realize that they are being bamboozled by this company. Now, to find a new eye doctor. PS: Last time, my glasses retailed for over $1,000, and this year they were over $600 because something was on special. And, if I had just had new lenses made for my Ray-Ban frames which were in perfect condition, it would have been over $700. I think I might try Costco or Walmart next for the glasses part of this deal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?

I had bought Ray-Ban frame and glasses from LensCrafters around 3-4 years ago. I never used my glasses much as I already had another glasses. Since my other glasses got old, I used this Ray-Ban glasses and one of the screw came out after 6 months and I thought I'll get it repaired from Lenscrafters as I had bought it from there. When I went to Lenscrafters Alpharetta, they checked and said it can't be repaired. I told them I brought it from Lenscrafters and the lady called Natasha was very rude as she was suspecting me and said, "We can't provide you warranty and all those stuff." I never asked for warranty claim as I know it's been more than 3 month old. I would have appreciated if they would have shown the same kind of customer service when I went to buy glasses.

Since she knows it's just repair and not to waste her time, she told, "We sell only glasses here and we are not repair store." Shouting a bit rude. As a matter of fact, I thought of buying another glasses on that day and I took my prescription along with me... after seeing such a rude treatment, I never spoke about buying new glasses. I just walked away with shame. I was having a wry good respect on Lenscrafters until that incident. I will never recommend to anyone of my friends.

Overcharged hidden fees - illegal fees. Eye glass exam was covered by insurance. All the tests included the usual information but they charged $80 for a DMV form to be filled out claiming that they usually don't perform some of the tests that the registry requires. All the information asked on the form was available from the eye exam and did not require further testing. And it took the doc less than a minute to fill out the form. Disgusted!!!

I went into Lenscrafters on Sunday, September 25, 2016 and dealt with a lady. I picked out the glasses and gave her the prescription. I asked if they had clip on sunglasses and she told me no so I asked for the darkening when I go out in the sun. She said yes they have them. Now the only reason I went there was because my old eye doctor moved about 60 miles away and I figured I hear so much about Lenscrafters I will give them a try and keep in mind I paid $130.00 for a pair of prescription glasses with the clip on and she was charging me $693.00 for the same thing except the darkening of the glasses. I thought I had no choice so I paid for them.

I left there and was angry so when I got home after thinking about it I called and cancelled the glasses and told them to put the money back on my credit card. She told me she couldn't and I would have to come in and give them my card. Well Monday morning looked up my credit card account and she charged me twice. Well I'm going down there Thursday morning to argue with them. Well needless to say I will never never go to any Lenscrafters again and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Last month I purchased my husband and I new glasses. For the first time I wanted to get designer for myself so I bought an expensive pair of Versace's. I had the misfortune of getting hit in the face which caused my glasses to scratch. I brought them back a little over a month later, I had the glasses maybe 7 weeks hoping someone could help me, for instance, tell me I'm a first time customer and "We want to help you" or "We understand", "How these things happen", "Let us replace your lenses for free". I was simply turned away saying "You didn't purchase the added protection plan" (which I was never offered) and "There's nothing we can do for you".

I had to borrow $700 for my husband and to get glasses and here I am with expensive glasses and a scratched lens. I realized it's my fault for getting hit in the face but where's the compassion? I went to Wal-Mart 2 years ago with a pair of glasses that I had problems with and they had a 90 day return policy and I was able get another pair (free of charge), no questions asked. I'll be going back to Wal-Mart from now on due to their superb customer service. Thank you.

I visited the North Canton, Ohio store on 08/30/2016 to verify if I could get a pair of lens inserted into my own frames, to be made in one hour on the following day. The person named Christoper waited on me and stated that yes, I could, and he verified that the store had a set of lenses for my needed prescription on hand in the store and that it would be no problem. He quoted a price of $253.00, which I found acceptable. I asked for his first name, which he gave, and then he mentioned that he would be off the next day, and that anyone in the store would be able to take care of me.

The following day I returned to get my new lens, and instead got a complete runaround, and was told that the price would be $458.00! The lady taking care of me said Christoper left no record of my having been there, and insisted to give me a ten minute upsell spiel about the latest and greatest lens that would cost $458.00. I expressed my disappointment in feeling as if I were being hustled. Eventually she stated that I could not get the lens I wanted today 08/31/2016, gathered her material and left the desk stating that I was through and went to greet the next customer. Still in need of glasses, I went to Pearle Vision. The nice lady at the counter said they did not have a set of lenses in my prescription, and recommended perhaps to try Visionworks a few blocks away. I went to Visionworks, and lo and behold I had my glasses done in exactly one hour at the price of $127.80.

My first set of progressives were perfect, so I went back for a second pair of prescription sunglasses (same prescription) and this time, the lens was not correct in the left eye. So, I returned them. I waited for a year before getting another pair of everyday progressives and the same problem happened. The left lens is incorrect and the glasses are too loose. I will return these also when the store opens today, and will have finally learned my lesson. Lenscrafters' quality is poor. I won't make the same mistake again. Also, my co-workers had warned me about their own stories of Lenscrafters not being good quality. I will now go to the place they had recommended. Convenience isn't always worth it!

I showed up for an eye exam and was told that the eye doctor was not in that day. I was told that they'd called me and left messages to let me know. They did not. Later, I received an email at 2:00 letting me know that my 1:00 appointment was being canceled because their doctor didn't show up. Telling me this at 2, an hour AFTER the time of my appointment, is not terribly helpful. They were extremely rude while I was in the store. One employee suggested I go to one of their competitors (!) instead - - and gave me a location that has not existed for 15 years.

When I went back for my rescheduled appointment, I was told the exam would be $99. After the exam, I was told that I had to pay $150 because of some extra service I'd had. I refused to pay the extra $50 as they had not obtained my permission for whatever (probably BS) extra service I'd had. I was told that the girl behind the counter could not take off the $50 without doctor present. I told her that I was not going to be scammed, that I had every intention of walking out of the store without paying a dime, and was absolutely not paying the extra $50 and they had no basis on which to enforce payment of that amount. Miraculously, she was then able to take off the $50, without the doctor present.

I contacted Lenscrafters about the terrible service and have received FIVE emails saying that the regional manager is going to contact me, which still has not happened and I doubt ever will. Now, I've discovered that Lenscrafters did not submit the $99 I paid for my exam to my health insurance company - - they only submitted for $59. This is not the result of an insurance company adjustment - - Lenscrafters reported only a $59 exam. That means that only $59, rather than the $99 I paid, gets applied to my deductible, and it may well constitute insurance fraud. I called again about this and was given more "we'll get back to you," which I seriously doubt will happen.

I will not be going to Lenscrafters again, they are clearly scam artists and will hopefully be put out of business soon enough. I would recommend that anyone looking for eye care not give this fraud-happy company your business and go elsewhere as you will receive better eye care and better service and not contribute to the continued existence of this scam company.

Don't get sucked in on Lenscrafters' Clarify procedures. It's no different than a regular eye exam. The commercials make it sound impressive but it's not. I can see better with my old glasses than the new ones. You would think if you spends hundred of dollars you would get new nose pads and a lenses' wipe, no deal. Also the three times I was at the store, new people were there each time. The exam receptionist is also the same one doing the initial exam. Being friendly - they have to work on their people skills. This the Avon, Ct. store. Stay away.

Frames cannot be adjusted to hold the adjustment. Lenscrafters will replace the frames if broken with like frame. That didn't work. They won't replace with different frame or manufacturer. I have worn glasses more than 40 years and these are the worst frames ever and Lenscrafters doesn't care that I spent nearly $500 for frames less than a year ago that don't work or fit. I will lobby against them for years if this isn't resolved in the next few days.

Horrible customer service. Refused to actively listen to my problem with the very expensive glasses I purchased. Gave me excuses that my difficulty with distant vision was a result of a dominant eye and I should give it time. Vision out of my right eye is distorted beyond 50 feet. Young woman who assisted me when I returned to work out my problem argued rather than attempt to help, indicating that it was the size of the frames. HORRIBLE, EXPENSIVE EXPERIENCE! Don't give the Santa Monica CA on Wilshire your business. That's their only concern - your money.

I went in on a Friday with no appointment, was greeted promptly, was given a wide selection of frames to choose from. 7 days later no waiting to pick them up. Very fast and efficient, they might be a bit of a price premium (got a 50% discount on lenses) but the service makes up for it.

Joplin, Missouri Lenscrafters charged my credit card the same day I took an eye exam and purchased eyeglasses. Would someone please tell me why it takes 7 to 10 business days to issue a credit to my credit card for a return?

I would like to share my recent experience. I went to the Oakville Place a month ago. I picked out Ray Ban glasses. The rep said that I would need to get my prescription and the cost for Ray Ban lenses would be $85 plus the cost of the Ray Ban glasses. I put them on hold. My CAA discount would bring it under $300. I brought in my prescription only to be told by another rep that they would not be able to put my –3.75 on each eye prescription on that frame. I chose another frame. I was promised the lens would be the same color and the lens would now fit. I got the back and the color of the lens was not the same blue. It was more of a brownish grey. The lens did not fit properly at all. It was sticking out and the arms were widened. I brought them back and chose a green lens made by Ray Ban.

Fasal said that this can be done for sure. I found it frustrating that the oriental tech in the back came out and yelled that the frame would still be wide and the arms will stick out. I received another call days later only to be told that they cannot be done. No reason was give. I came in and was issued a refund. I think I deserve an explanation. "See what you love, love what you see" is Lenscrafter's motto. How does that transfer to me? I reached out to the head office and CEO as to why I made 4 visits to this store for nothing. I want an explanation as to why they cannot make the glasses that I requested even though they said that it could be done. I would also like to know why nobody has called me back in over a month?

Phone call led us to believe Medicare Advantage acceptable. At appt, after filling out form, was told they do not accept Medicare Advantage, which is stupid since it is just a $150 offset to total cost. They lost two sales. Very unsatisfactory.

Waited 13 minutes to get checked in for my eye appointment. Was told several times that "someone will be right with you" and "someone will be with you in a moment". Ashley from the lab ended up checking me in. She was extremely polite and very nice. She showed professionalism and true customer service. I got to the pre-testing at 11:55 (my appointment was at 11:45). After the 10 minutes of pre-tests I waited until 1:00 before I got in to see the doctor. As the sales people walked by I kept getting told "It'll be just another couple of minutes, sorry". While I waited I looked at frames (for about 15 minutes) and was assisted by Gavin. He was just plain awesome. If you end up going to this location, you'll probably want to get helped by Gavin when selecting frames.

Follow up appointment: My appointment was at 12:45 but I got there at 12:00. They got me in and I saw Dr. Lena **. She was short and to the point and seemed rushed. I'll chalk that up to her squeezing me in 45 minutes before my appointment which was greatly appreciated. I needed an additional follow up the next Friday (my fault).

When I went back, she wasn't as tense and to the point. My appointment was at 3:45 and at exactly 3:45 she called me back. She was definitely more relaxed. We decided that the prescription I was using for the contacts I currently had in was perfect. (The sample/test pair provided by them.) She finalized the prescription and I went out to order my contacts.

I was helped by Mike (I think that was his name) and he was very polite with a sense of humor. I had to wait about 10 minutes as they were busy with not enough staff on the sales floor. (From my previous times here this seems to be the norm). We got my contacts ordered and my new glasses adjusted in about 5 minutes.

Fair warning: If you call this location be prepared to wait on hold for a while. I observed them answering the phone (after letting it ring numerous times) and putting the customer on hold for about 5 minutes. Once again this was due to a lack of staff on the sales floor.

It's been 2 months since I had my eyes examined and to this day, I still don't have a clue when I will get my glasses back. It's been returned 4 times and going on 5th. The reasoning was because of the frame I chose was frameless and it was difficult to do due to the screw into the lens. First time was the lenses broke, 2nd time was the frame broke, the 3rd time was they put the incorrect prescription, 4th was lopsided, now waiting for the 5th excuse. Don't you think this is way over the top? I have been patient and this is "Unacceptable". The manager Carolyn was not helpful at all and had the worst attitude. The sales supervisor was trying which I appreciate but I think it's time for a real manager to contact me with this nightmare. This is my 2nd time this yr that I've been trying to get glasses and it's been 6 months ever since. Please someone help me get this resolve!!!

I discovered yesterday that my lenses are scratched. Previously I had them check because I was not satisfied with the way they were giving me the right prescription. They said oh YES! I have not been able to see properly with them. The sunglasses I got at the same time I see great with them! Now back to the scratches (I am a 73 year old woman and have worn glasses since I was 15, I do KNOW how to clean the lenses), I am using the cleaner from Lenscrafters and the cloth that came with them. The person that assisted me yesterday had a very bad attitude! He accused me of scratching them and wanted $350.00 just to replace the lenses. I am going to take my subscription to another eyeglass shop and all mine and my husband with no longer go to Lenscrafters!!!

We were told that LensCrafters would file a medicare claim on our behalf after we paid upfront for glasses prescribed after cataract surgery. Medicare denied the claim because they are not an approved medicare vendor. To me that is fraud if they led us to believe that we could be reimbursed a portion of the glasses when they are not authorized to file claims.

Worst experience ever! Placed order for glasses, was given specific time to receive, their "hub" lost the order & they never let me know. I kept being told they are working on it but don't know where the order is. I came to talk to Joshua/Hillsboro OR who place the order. Got to speak to manager instead since Joshua would not come over to speak with me or even look at me when I've been nothing but polite to them in spite of terrible customer service. Spoke to lab manager who said the glasses will be received and completed today Monday 6/20/16 but that never happened. They still did not receive the order and do not know where it is.

I canceled my order today... but another problem! They did not have my card when they placed the order but were able to bring up my account to order the glasses without a problem... Now they tell me I need to bring in the card to have the order canceled, so they can't cancel the order?! I misplaced the card and was going to order a new one after picking up my glasses.

I spoke to customer service w/ my Lenscrafters account and they agreed to order a new card after I pick up my glasses so as to avoid the transaction from being canceled out in the process. No one at Lenscrafters seem to take any responsibility and just continue blaming the next guy... "We just relate the information from this person and that person" and "it's not our faults," blah blah blah. SAVE yourself a headache, Don't Buy Your Glasses from Lenscrafters. I have been a customer for a while with them and I will NEVER place an order with them again! Customer service was the ultimate worst ever!!!

I duplicated a pair of glass at the Lenscrafters store located in Toronto, where the lenses are not consistent with the prescription. For convenience, I went to another one located in Eaton Center and explained that I would like to have it exchanged with the correct lenses. However, they rejected to do that. To solve it, I MUST change the frame as well as the correct lenses. Note that there is a shuttle difference between the old frame and the new one, and it should work when I consulted with the staff before I made the new glass. Moreover, by Lenscrafters policy, client can get the same service at any Lenscrafters store. Based on the above, the service at Eaton Center Store located at 220 Yonge St, Toronto, ON, M5B 2H1 - CAN is very disappointing because they only focus on their own interests and ignore the client's reasonable request.

Awful treatment. Not professional, manipulative and be careful with them overcharging you!! They tried to intimidate me in three different occasions while I was buying new eye glasses. During my visit to the Solomon Pond Mall Store in MA, on memorial Day 2016, I purchased a pair of prescription lenses for $407 Cash including a phony 30% off. It was supposed take up to one week for them to be ready.

I noticed that the salesperson was indiscreetly loud and offered short answers trying to avoid objections. It felt strange at first, but soon I realized it was sales strategy to intimidate patrons so they don't question pricing, coverages, etc. Everyone in the store could hear that they didn't accept my insurance so I had to cover all the costs myself. (That's nobody's business!) That's fine about the charges but what bothered me, was the way they talked to me. (Is that how people make sales these days by intimidating and shaming customers?) I felt a little embarrassed but not for long...

I purchased in full the supposed discounted $407.00 prescriptions without a frame and provided them with my own Fendi Frame to save up a little since my old prescriptions weren't working for me. Eight days after the purchase and without hearing back from the store, I decided to call the back to inquire about the prescription, but nobody called me back. So, I called again and again... (Very exhaustive.) I was told that they were too busy to return my call. After some persistence on my part, I was told the shipping was "late" and that they would make me another set of lenses in the meantime at no extra charge and that I could keep them for the inconvenience they had caused me.

When I went back to the store in the next day, another sales person (Alison) tried to intimidate me again by speaking loudly about my business in front of all the other customers in the store saying something completely different from the other sales representative I had on call. She followed by saying that she was going to call immediately both of sales people who I had spoken to on the phone the day before to verify what they said was true. She never called any of them and she loudly stated previously. I insisted she would make a conference call with them but instead, she changed the subject and completely ignored me.

Then, I realized that they were resistant to inform that it takes two weeks minimum for the lenses to be ready for pick up. (I spoke to 5 different sales people on total and everyone kept that information from me until the last minute of my refund). I paid full price for those lenses and provided my own frame. I think I deserve the minimum respect and transparency. I feel I was discriminated against because I have an accent to be totally honest. This is unbelievable!

When I asked fourth salesperson also a manager (Elizabeth) why they wouldn't call any of the salespersons as stated in front of me (I was telling them the truth, so they could honor what was promised and she gave me a excuse by saying the staff were off so they wouldn't call them for that reason). I felt like a completely fool and on my own. If that's how I patron will be treated in these stores, I'd rather go to a high-end privately owned boutique to get my prescriptions from. I feel I wasn't treated properly and the staff weren't transparent with me for starters.

I requested my money back and I am hoping they will ship back my pair of Fendi frame. If they don't I will file a formal complaint against them. I already called the corporate to file another complaint as well. We as consumer have rights and we can't allow these companies and stores with this dysfunctional culture treat us like this. $400 is a lot of money for prescription lenses that are valid for only 2 yrs. We are the ones purchasing these goods and have the right to be treated with the utmost respect period. FYI: Later, I discovered that they had sent me a coupon on the mail for the same prescription lenses including the frame for $199 and $249 to my confirmation I was being ripped off.

I dealt with LensCrafters for several years, but my recent experience is beyond acceptable. I had purchased a pair of prescription sunglasses about nine months ago. I stopped in for an adjustment. The clerk brought them back from the lab, and told me the tech had broken the stem. Snapped right off. They didn't have the same frame, and the frame I had was discontinued. So a new pair was ordered with a similar frame. I got them about a week later. There was a film on the inside of the lens that kept reappearing. I'd have to clean them all the time. Took them back. They attempted to say it was something I was doing. Too close to your eyes, cleaning with the wrong cloth, etc. Try cleaning them with Dawn. Nothing worked. Took them back again. To sum it up - it was MY problem.

Took them in today for the same issue. Brought them out of the lab again and 'the frame broke.' Of course they didn't have THAT frame either. Found one close to it and put the lens in. That frame broke when I tried them on. Found another frame in another style that they could match up with the lenses. But it's tortoise shell and not the originally picked black frame. There was no offer to correct, replace or anything else. I told the clerk that that was it and I'd never be back. And, I won't!!! So I feel like I wasted $350.00 and a whole lot of aggravation and wasted trips to the store. My thinking is they have cheap imitation designer frames from China. LensCrafters no more!!!

I bought very expensive glasses at Lenscrafters. After less than 3 months they had smudges on them. I brought them back and the store manager told me that I did not have the "higher quality" protective lens anti-glare and scratch resistant coating. He told me it was my eyelashes that ruined my less than 90-day old glasses. I am 49 years old and I have been wearing glasses for 30 years. Never have I had this problem, ever. I would not recommend EVER buying glasses from them.

I ordered two pairs of glasses. One was sunglasses in a frame I had already. Even though I was told an hour I did not get the sunglasses that day. I was called by automated system a few times and told they were ready but when I got there they weren't. Not a huge deal. I purchased progressive glasses and insurance on the lenses and frames although I never have before because my glasses are always on my face and I never scratch them. I use only the lens wipes to clean and never use my shirt. I also got the scratch resistant lenses and although I did NOT want the anti-glare (it is always smudgy and smears) I was talked into it and told technology has changed and they would not smear or smudge.

After about two months I had a huge scratch appear on the left lens. I went back and got it replaced for a fee of $25.00. A month later and there is a scratch on the left lens again. Also when they replaced the first lens they did not ground it down and it is poking all out of the frame. I am very unhappy with these glasses. Between the scratches and smudges and going back several times for nose and ear adjustments I am done with Lenscrafters. I have worn glasses for 46 years and have NEVER had so many scratches on my lenses. I paid good money for the glasses too. I have gotten better ones at Wal-mart.

First time with LC and definitely my last. Very helpful when buying and very rude when there is a problem. After 8 months the lenses were so smudged you could not see thru them. Salesperson said it was my fault! "Wrong cleaner!" I only use packaged lens wipes. "Maybe you went to a bonfire and ruined your lenses." Right, I am 72 years old. Bonfire, no. "You don't understand poly lenses." I remarked that I have worn poly lenses since they were invented!!! I have worn glasses since I was 6 years old. I understand glasses! Another sales person asked did I leave my glasses in a hot car causing the damage. No my glasses stay on my head as I use them to see where I am going! All totally unprofessional!!! What is happening is LC uses the absolute cheapest lenses money can buy. This is a crappy company to do business with! Their guarantee is WORTHLESS

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1983, Lens Crafters was the pioneer of one hour glasses, and now continues to offer that core service with some of the newest lens technology.

• Onsite eye doctor: Schedule an eye exam online and visit the Lens Crafters store to get an updated prescription and order new glasses.
  • Insurance accepted: Don't pay out-of-pocket for an exam or a pair of glasses with vision insurance.
  • Designer brands: Get frames by Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Gucci and other top brands at Lens Crafters.
  • Trend spotting: See the latest trends in eyewear broken down by overall style choices. Sport the latest in Geek Chic or stand out with a pop of color. This allows buyers to see the hottest trends in today's eyewear.
  • Complete kids line: Not only does Lens Crafters offer dozens of frames for kids, they do it at 50 percent off the price.
  • Best for Kids, Teens, Professionals and Contacts wearers.

Compare Eyeglasses Online