1.11/5
Based on 54 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

405 Lenscrafters Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

On January 1, 2018, I went to the Lenscrafters at the Avenue East Cobb to order new glasses. I should have been suspect from the beginning even though I have been a Lenscrafters customer for 15 years. The associate who attempted to fit my glasses obviously did not know what she was doing, as she kept asking the manager to help. I did order the glasses and was told that they should be in within 7-10 days. 2 weeks later when I attempted to follow up, I was told they were very busy at the lab, and it would be even longer. Another week goes by, and now I am told that they either did not have the frames, or they lost them, and they would be re-ordered. I finally did pick up my glasses around the 1st of Feb.

I have requested compensation for the delay and the poor service, and met with the store manager who made several offers of percent off of future purchases, all of which were unacceptable to me. I did request a refund of $100.00, just as a customer accommodation. I have since been told that they do not do that, as the glasses were gotten with insurance (their owned brand). "Sorry there is nothing that I can do to help you." My wife and I have been Lenscrafters customers for over 40 years, but will definitely not be going back, I also will discontinue my insurance with their co, and if necessary will purchase that insurance from someone else.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

On 5/26/17 my husband and I purchased one frame and had lens replaced in 3 sets of frames we brought to the store. All frames brought had been purchased at Lenscrafters in past years. We spent $1562.18 and received 3 of the 4 items. The frames had to have their lenses done offsite. We subsequently had to go back twice to get those frames fixed and replaced.

At no time during the purchase were we offered a protection plan even though we spent considerable dollars at this store in Annapolis Mall. Yesterday I stopped at the store and asked them to look at and repair a scratch on my right lens. I was told I did not have the protection plan which costs $30 and so would have to have lens replaced. I was then told I would have to have both replaced as they aren't sold separately and it would cost me an additional $400 to have them fixed. I find this ridiculous.

I wish I had had the sense to check the Consumer Affairs site prior to spending my hard earned dollars at this business. Clearly other consumers have been oversold with Premium charges (a line item on my receipt that says Premium AR S43) which negates a good amount of my insurance savings on each purchase. We have been purchasing glasses from Lenscrafters for over 30 years and have never had to pay to have lens replaced for a scratch. We will be taking any future business elsewhere. In this day and age there are many more choices and better prices and service. Wake up Lenscrafters and take care of your long term customers. Also, train your employees to be sure to offer the Protection Plan and to try and work with unhappy customers.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I’ve been a customer of LENSCRAFTERS for more than two decades now. I’ve NEVER had a serious issue with this company, until now. Perhaps that’s because I was always a “paying customer!” On January 15, 2018, I purchased a pair of prescription eyeglasses which were valued at over $800 dollars. Fortunately, I have EyeMed insurance that took the bill down to $617.64, receipt number **, from Lenscrafters store number 1641, in Port Richey, FL 34668-4632, 727-842-3733. I asked the salesperson, **, if I could pay half when ordering and the other half upon delivery of these exorbitantly high priced pair of glasses. ** told me no. She said that due to the high costs involved, Lenscrafters, will not take any risk as they have to “send off” to have them made. So, I reluctantly agreed to pay the full amount due.

During the following week, I received a text message on the “wrong” cellphone! She couldn’t even get that straight. I keep the other phone as a spare in case of emergency, thus by chance, saw the aforementioned text. They (Lenscrafters) were informing me my eyeglasses were ready for pick up. I got this new pair of eyewear and noticed they weren’t as clear as my old pair. I chalked it up to perhaps I just wasn’t used to their way of cutting progressive lenses, thus leaving in an attempt to use them.

After over a week, I decided I wasn’t happy with them, and elected to return the glasses in accordance with their “30 Day Happiness Guarantee” as noted on my receipt. Keep in mind, **, never explained this policy to me. I had to be the “adult in the room,” and educate myself on this supposed Happiness Guarantee Policy. I contacted a gentleman, who happened to be a former Lenscrafters store manager to verify the policy and the FACT I need not supply Lenscrafters, their management nor associates of my “reasoning” for returning the glasses.

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018, I went to this Lenscrafters store to obtain a refund for my purchase I was NOT HAPPY WITH! Just my luck, **, the salesperson who sold me these overpriced spectacles, was the “acting store manager.” She immediately assumed a very obstinate attitude. She demanded to know WHY I wished to return them. I told her I didn’t need to provide her with any information, other than the FACT I wasn’t “Happy” with my purchase, and wished to take advantage of the advertised Lenscrafters 30 Day Happiness Guarantee Policy.

This really enraged her. She sighed so loud, everyone in the store took notice. She then raised her voice in disdain. ** said, “what’s your phone number,” to which I responded with “why,” because I’ve told her and her associates my correct one three times now; however, they can’t even correct this minor issue. Further annoyed, she asked for my name. Well I found this concerning as I was just in this very store the day before, getting fitted for contact lenses.

Upon leaving, she address me as Mr. **, inquiring if I preferred to take advantage of my multi pair frame discount, and perhaps I’d be interested in buying a pair of regular sunglasses. So, I “played along.” I gave her my personal information, and she looked it up. She wouldn’t even afford me the courtesy of looking me in the eye when addressing me. This was quite juvenile and disrespectful on her part. Finally, she realized I was on firm ground concerning my desire to return the glasses within the thirty day time period which is a misnomer in and of itself. One’s 30 Day Happiness Guarantee starts running from the date of purchase, not the day of delivery!

**, finally reached the need to desist with her desire to thwart me. However, she did take satisfaction in informing me that she did not have the $617.74 cash, which was the method I employed to pay for these substandard goggles, to refund me. She told me that it would take 7-10 business days to have my funds returned, via corporate check. This was unacceptable to me. I asked her to show me where it is written in the store, on my receipt or in any other reasonable place, just where it informs customers of this need to wait two weeks to receive monies back. ** had no viable retort to my question, other than to say it was “company policy.”

I continued to query her as to how in the world the public at large is expected to know Lenscrafters “corporate policy!” Now she was really upset, and “called for back-up.” Several other Lenscrafters employees stopped by the desk, and simply stood there. None of them attempted any resolution to the problem, they simply tried to intimidate me. This was absurd. I was never vulnerable to anyone in my 30 year law enforcement career, nor as a veteran of our nation’s military. Therefore, Lenscrafters employees were laughable in my opinion. They merely banded together like sheep being led to the abattoir.

Finally I demand to speak with a “corporate manager” since they had no manager on duty. **, “snapped up the phone,” and called Lenscrafters corporate offices. She lied, telling me her “corporate manager” reaffirmed her response to me that the only resolution was to accept this corporate check as re-payment. Then, some blonde haired salesperson interjected some smartass remark thinking I couldn’t hear her. I informed her, in short order, she wasn’t involved in this debate, thus the need to quiet herself. This got her attention as well as the male employee, **, who told ** to “call mall security!” I asked why this was, and I directed my question to **, who now felt emboldened by ** and told me she would no longer deal with me because of “my attitude!”

I told all three I wasn’t afraid to confront mall security on their Segway machines. However, since no one was willing to assist me, I elected to leave the store. Unfortunately, this blonde salesperson couldn’t let me leave peacefully. She waited OUTSIDE the Lenscrafters proper, in the common mall walkway, and continued to further verbally badger me. I told her what she could do with her sentiments, and continued to exit the mall as she shouted profanity laced remarks towards me, a true crimes of Disorderly Conduct, as described in Florida State Statute 877.03.

When I returned home, I contacted Lenscrafters corporate offices to register my complaint with a manager. I was told on two calls, that there was not one (1) manager available. I was told by “Seth” that they were all in a “meeting” therefore unavailable to talk with customers. Seth did state that he’d be sure to pass on my complaint once a manager became available. He went on to say that the office remained open until 9:00 P.M. EST. He assured me a manager would indeed return my call.

I waited until after 9:00 A.M. the following day, February 1, 2018. I had yet to receive a return phone call from Lenscrafters corporate offices. So I had to for the third time, call Lenscrafters corporate. This time, I spoke with “Marie” who informed me there was no manager available to help me. I found this to be getting to the point of deliberate contempt on part of Lenscrafters corporate to circumvent their obligatory duty to properly address customer concerns. Marie said that typically, it takes 24-48 hours to get a managerial antiphonal to customer concerns and or messages left for them. I catechized Marie, asking how ** was able to speak directly with a corporate manager while involved with me; however, as a simple customer, I couldn’t speak with one. Marie looked at my file, then made me aware that ** NEVER TALKED TO A MANAGER AS SHE REPORTED TO ME SHE DID! ** only spoke with an “associate” similar to Marie and Seth!

This whole calamity simply didn’t need to be. Had Lenscrafters store number 1641 had a competent and confident manager on duty as opposed to sales staff, who are feckless at problem resolution, this probably would of been resolved amicably. However, I was trained to match tit for tat others aggressive actions towards me, especially, when I’m outnumbered some 4 to 1. I’ll continue to wait the 48 hours for a return phone call, which I still consider to be reprehensible, however, I’m powerless to change it. Rest assured I won’t “go away” as many choose to do. In fact it appears to be Lenscrafters policy to treat twenty year customers as they’ve now treated me. In fact, that’s precisely why my friend resigned his position with Lenscrafters in favor of acceptance of a managerial position at another optical store.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

They are a ripoff! High price. Save your money. You get the same glasses, lens and better service if you go to WalMart, Sams, or Costco. You get your product in half the time too.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I order some lenses for my Ray-Bans that costed me nearly 400.00 dollars. I thought maybe this company was going to be better than the rest since my eye doctor referred me. Its been over two weeks and I still haven’t received my glasses. Not to mention that when I call their office the people that works there are unprofessional and rude. I am very disappointed with this company, definitely not coming back here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I purchased a pair of glasses at Lenscrafters for the first time 11 months ago. Recently spots appeared in the coating of the lenses and did not come off when cleaned. When I brought them into Lenscrafters, they responded that even though it looks like a manufacturing flaw, they couldn't be sure how it occurred - that perhaps it was due to cleansers I use, etc. However, I've worn glasses for decades, treated all of them with the same care and products, and this problem never happened before. I had even purchased a pair of sunglasses from Lenscrafters around the same time, treated them the same, and the sunglasses have not had this issue (at least not yet).

They wanted to sell me a new pair for another $429. I took the glasses to another eyewear company and was told that that problem was definitely a manufacturer's flaw and should have been replaced free of charge, with or without extra insurance coverage. I was desperate to have good eyewear again so I had the new company replace the lenses. I also bought a second pair to have as a backup. Lenscrafters lost my business permanently by selling a damaged product and not being willing to make it right.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I purchased a pair of glasses for $497. Decided to get only the frame and requested a refund. They insisted they send me a check even though I paid cash. It’s been 20 days and I haven’t received my refund. Their customer service is ridiculous!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I had purchased a pair of progressive glasses a couple years ago and just recently the screw/spring fell out. Ok no problem, it's been a couple years, I'll just take it in and thinking they'll just put a screw/spring back in. I even figured I'll pat the $5.00 to replace the screw/spring since it's been a couple years. Nope, they wouldn't, their policy is that they can't and that I need to purchase a whole new frame, WTF, seriously? I even called the Corp Office, and they said the same thing and hung up on me, WOW! I only went to them because my insurance at the time accepted them and I thought they had a good name and a good reputation, and I was wrong. My suggestion, go to Sears, J. C. Penney or even Wal-Mart.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Lens must be made of paper. I've used the same wet Lens cleaners for years on multiple pairs of glasses and have NEVER had them scratch up so bad. And this started within a couple months of getting them. According to Lenscrafters... oh well I should have bought the protection plan (which I have never had to do in my 50+ yrs of wearing glasses). Will NEVER recommend this place to anyone. Several hundred dollars for garbage!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I was a laboratory manager for LensCrafters... I ordered a pair of featherweight MVP in Ray-Ban frames. No more one-hour service. Had to go back when the eyewear were finished. Trip #1. Was told the eyewear was ready to pick up. Eyewear dispensed. There was a film all over the eyewear. Filthy lenses. They were hiding a coating error. This error should have been identified in three of the manufacturing process inspections. They tried to get me out the door with flawed eyewear. I had the eyewear remade. Trip #2. Was told the eyewear was ready to pick up, again. Eyewear dispensed. There was a film all over the eyewear (again). Filthy lenses (again). They were hiding a coating error (again). They tried to get me out the door with flawed eyewear (again).

This time I attempted to assist the optician to discern their errors of their QMP (Quality manufacturing process). The optician didn’t want to hear it. She offered the eyewear to be made a third time. I stated this was my third trip and was not going to have a fourth. Gave me my money back on the card. One week has lapsed and still no refund on the card. Obviously LensCrafters has chosen to offer eyewear at highest prices and poorest quality. I called their customer support line to express my dissatisfaction with the process, quality and service of LensCrafters. No response to my concerns, no follow up by LensCrafters.

To anyone listening at LensCrafters. Eyewear are medical devices that correct vision to normality. Dispensing eyewear that is flawed that distort vision is extremely dangerous to the end-user. First, medically as they may induce worse vision conditions. Second, distortion from these poorly made lenses can lead to errors in depth perception and light dispersion. It would be very dangerous to have driven with my eyewear at night. Please respond to my customer service queries. I want answers why LensCrafters dispenses junk.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Went to Lenscrafters, Bad Experience, Received Multi Focal Lenses, they are worthless, I cannot see anything, It's all blurred, so they bent my frames inward, I was, "Are you kidding me?" I went back the next day, to have them straightened, They are worse now, I cannot see, it's all blurred, and everything is slanted!!! The Lenscrafters girl used the machine to "measure" your eyes for bifocals, she made me do it twice, She obviously measured it all wrong because my script lenses they gave me are worthless. I have a deductible, paid it, and was told that I couldn't use a coupon because I have insurance!! Are you kidding me!! I will be making a THIRD TRIP tomorrow and They WILL be replacing my lenses and redoing the measurements!! Buyer Beware!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I went for a routine check up. I ended up seeing 3 doctors in 8 (not a typo) visits. I was given lenses that bothered my eyes immediately. When I told the doctor, she tapped on them, without gloves, and told me to give them a chance. My eyes became infected. The next doctor gave me antibiotic drops and a pair of monthly lenses - not dailies to lessen the chance of reinfection. I had an allergic reaction to the medication. The 3rd doctor gave me dailies and the name of an over-the-counter medicine that contained an antihistamine, which I'm allergic.

Hundreds of dollars and 2 months later, I need to see an ophthalmologist. I've been wearing contact lenses for many years and never experience anything like this. I've never had any issues, in fact. This wasn't just the worst experience I be ever had with an eye checkup, it was expensive and is ongoing. I hope the discomfort I now have isn't permanent.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

So, I haven't used any Lenscrafters that does their own lenses. All of mine have to be sent to Oakley to do. I guess this might be why I have had no issues? Either way I recommend them specifically for the Oakleys because they fit the best of any frame there.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

My eyeglasses were supposed to be ready on Saturday. I went to the store to pick them up and they were nowhere to be found. The salesperson search and search and found. He came with the idea that she thought they might have to be with. No one called me to tell me what was going on so I made a special trip to the store without getting any type of understanding what's going on with my glasses. I paid for them and I want them and I don't think I should have to wait until Sunday when they might get ready. I wouldn't be using Lenscrafters again.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Routine Eye Appointment for Lenscrafters - I phoned and made an appointment, giving my insurance information. I received a call from Lenscrafters that my insurance had the wrong birth date on file. I said "There are lots of insurance companies now and it is very confusing. You must have the wrong number." She said that could NOT be the case. (Really?) I phoned my insurance company and got her the right number and phoned her back. She did not thank me or ask me to hold while she checked it, she just told me to hang on so I told her "No. Call me if you have a problem" and I hung up. I was called to confirm the appointment and I confirmed and then she hung up without even saying goodbye. I called back and cancelled the appointment because that woman is a representative of that Company and I don't like how I was treated. Customer service and professionalism improvement needed.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Eyeglasses - I was in Tucson Arizona had appointment at Lenscrafters across the street from the Tucson Mall and when I got back to Mammoth California where I live and went to work was looking at the computer and as I sit on the chair working on the computer I cannot see very clear. I have to get up inches away from the computer screen and then I can see clear. So I called LensCrafters. The girl says said I would have to come back which I can’t. I’m too far away and I asked if I could go to the LensCrafters in Carson City which is close to me she said they’re not affiliated with them and there’s nothing she could do. So I’m out $400. So I have to start over again. I’ve always gone to Lenscrafters and I did like them but I’ll never go back.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Great people but No Satisfaction... I have been to the store so many times trying to get the right millimeters for my bifocals and each time I'm there I mention the fact that these glasses are too heavy. I'm given the same answer, that weight has to do with strength of prescription. To which I reply "It's the same as the glasses I'm replacing," but they have no answer. I'm almost happy finally with the mm's of the bifocal but I still Can't Wear these. They're So Heavy. It's as though they're glass rather than bicarbonate. I got Versace frames, but canNOT wear these. I'm so embarrassed for the people working at the store to keep going back, but I PAID for these, and I canNot wear them. What should I do!?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Lenscrafters in Boca Raton pretended to accept and use my VSP Vision Plan for my own frame charging me $297 for lens features included under my 2 year coverage. My insurance reimbursed $75 saying had used a true VSP provider, I would have paid nothing. Crafty song and dance answers when I called and returned to question why they were deceitful. Now the AR coating is peeling. Beware of crafty lenscrafting at Lenscrafters. Never a customer again.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I purchased new glasses on 1/3/2017. I noticed that they fog up every night for no explained reason. I called back in late January and they said to try cleaning with a stronger cleaner, which I did several times. No change. I called back in late February and they told me to bring them back. I live 70 miles away in the mountains, so the earliest I could get there was April 5. I talked to the store manager and she told me that I was beyond the 30-day limit and therefore, she could not help me. I told her about the phone calls to her staff and she said that since she had no record of it, she could not help me.

I showed her my pair of glasses that I had replaced (which do not fog). She told me that they had "premium" high-quality lenses and the glasses I purchased from LensCrafters were only of medium grade quality. I regularly purchase my glasses from Costco for approximately half what I paid at LensCrafters ($556.69). I was told that I was a premium customer and was not told that the lenses were only medium quality. I sent an email to the company in April and they said they'd get back to me within 24 hours. They never responded. I sent another email in October and they never responded.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Worst eye glasses ever. Retail at $661.62 for a pair that have the protective coating. There are very light (hard to see) scratches and they say at the Hickory NC Mall Store that this is the reason the glasses are fogged. They are 5 months old and they will not replace them. Never again will we deal with LensCrafters.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I am completely dissatisfied and disappointed on how ** the service is here. My glasses were supposed to come in a week from when I got them. When the time came they told me my glasses weren't there because they didn't have the frame and would be there the next day. But next day comes and I wait for a call and when I get it I am completely angered. They told me that they got their shipment but again my glasses were not there. They said they shipped but would be here in a couple of days which is ** because they have same day shipping. I am fed up with them and had SUCH a bad experience. I'll make sure to tell everybody to never buy from Lenscrafters or even give them the privilege of looking at them. I am getting a complete refund and they can kiss my **.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Well I am glad to see my experience is not isolated. I was charged a large sum of money and made what I thought was a sound investment in my first ever pair of prescription glasses. Doesn't matter if you have insurance or not, always works out to be the same price paid. There was a clear defect in the left lens that started to appear after about a week. Had it replaced after a week to ten days of being without my NEW glasses. As others have mentioned, I PAMPER these things and after just over a year my so-called "scratch resistant" lenses are scratched and the lenses are becoming cloudy to the point of not even cleanable. I don't know where they are sending these things to be made but the quality of the lenses and coatings is deplorable. If I am spending the equivalent price of a 4K TV for an investment, I would expect some quality in return. Sorry LC, you had one chance to win a customer and blew repeat business in North Central Connecticut.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I needed new glasses and saw the Lenscrafters television advertisement for their digital exam called Clarifye. The advertisement indicated I wouldn’t need to go through the which is clearer A or B over and over again to the point I can’t see anything anymore – I have always disliked this part of the exam. I thought this was wonderful and made an appointment online.

I received an e-mail confirming my 9:00 a.m. appointment time, with instructions to arrive 10 minutes early to “fill out any necessary paperwork.” Since I needed to go to work after my appointment I decided to go frame shopping before my eye exam. Assuming they would probably open at 8:00 a.m. but would open no later than 8:30 since I was instructed to be there at 8:50 a.m. I showed up at 8:15 a.m. – they don’t open until 9:00 a.m.

When the store opened I filled out my paperwork, then went to the desk and let the young woman know I wanted the Clarifye exam – Clarifye isn’t available in this state! Both the technician and the doctor were very professional and did a good job. At the end of my exam I asked the doctor about my pupillary distance for my prescription. The doctor told me the ladies out front would do that.

I stopped out front and was told they couldn’t do that unless I was choosing frames since it was digital and the machine took into account the frame I selected. According to this lady the distance between your pupils will change depending on which frame you place in front of them. I looked her in the eye and said, “So, you are flat refusing to give me my pupillary distance to complete my prescription, I have paid $90.00 for an incomplete prescription.” She replied, “Have a nice day.” Had I not been given bad information in an email and mislead by television advertisement I would have ordered 3 pairs of glasses (safety progressive lens, normal progressive lens and computer) from these people. Then they flat refused to give me what I paid for.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

As a former employee at the Lenox Mall location in Atlanta, I was extremely disappointed. I walked in Sept. 1, assuming that this location would have a better frame selection (at least they did when I worked there as a lab tech). Too bad, that I wasn't a "secret shopper" because I was totally ignored. I was never greeted or acknowledged when I entered the store. I was so surprised by the lack of customer service on Sept. 1 approx. time was 1p.m. EST (so you can confirm the ** male and female working at the time), that I continued to look at more frames. There were only two customers in the store at the time. Both were being assisted, but no reason to not acknowledge other customers entering the store.

What's even more interesting is the expense acct. that I have via Aetna. It continues to roll over every year, which puts it well over $1000.00. And guess what? Lenscrafters won't see a penny of it, due to these associates at the Lenox Mall location in Atlanta (Buckhead). I will say it again, I use to work there as a Lab Tech when you could see the Lab Techs filling your prescriptions (see through glass enclosure watching the lab techs work). Fired? No Retrained? Yes. These same two associates that ignored me will clocked out and become consumers and want to be acknowledged at their choice of retail and food service outlets. Can't imagine when it's their turn how they would complain about anything.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I went to Lenscrafters in Park City Mall, Lancaster, PA before I had my eyes examined on 8/11/17. I was met immediately by Amanda, who gave me a tray to gather any frames I might be interested in. I found some frames and gave the tray, with my choices, back to her and went in to Dr. Broaddus & Associates for my eye exam. When I came out, the store was packed! I was directed to have a seat at one of the stations, which I did. Amanda and one other girl were the only two employees in the store. Amanda finished taking care of the little girl at the station behind me, then came over to me. She asked if I would mind if she got rid of some of the lines. She then directed the traffic to various locations, stations, and promptly came back to me.

She was so calm and explained that there were only the two of them at the store. She didn't let the vast number of people milling around, waiting for service, to unnerve her. She simply smiled and said "this is nothing". She was absolutely incredible! She took her time with me, checked the difference between what I would pay with a coupon or with my insurance. My glasses were over $1000, but I ended up paying a little over $400, which included the insurance that covered any damages to my glasses. If you're in Lancaster County PA and need glasses, I highly recommend Lenscrafters and super highly recommend Amanda!!! She is an incredible asset to this store!!!

Original review: July 27, 2017

Triangle Town Center LensCrafters - Raleigh, NC: Due to the number of horrible reviews concerning LensCrafters, I felt that I should add my wonderful review. The only problem with my glasses was I didn't like the way they looked on me. After about 5 days I decided that I should return them. After reading the reviews I was a bit nervous about returning my glasses to LensCrafters. I truly thought that I would have a problem. In fact, it was such a great experience. The woman that waited on me when I got my glasses was the same woman who helped me with my credit. She was professional and very helpful. No problem whatsoever.

Original review: July 25, 2017

My husband purchased glasses in February 2017. The glasses were over $700 but with our insurance we paid $480. Now 5 mos later the glasses are scratched. My husband is very particular with his glasses. Always stores them in a case and uses only the cleaner/cloth for glasses. This weekend he was grilling and bent over and his glasses fell off his face. The lens got scratched and pitted. We called the store to see about replacing the lens and we were told the best they could do was sell them to us for $350.

I called my insurance company and they said we were sold all the "premium" options in February and that is why the glasses were so expensive. We were never told by the sales person that we were buying premium options nor were we given choices of the other options available. The thing we should've been sold was the $35 warranty not the other hidden things we didn't need or ask for. And the premium polycarb lens are worthless! And LensCrafters is dishonest company that takes advantage of their customers.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Highly dishonest!!! Be warned Now!!! They lack integrity. The people that work there are dishonest and rude. We use insurance that has ZERO copay and they tried to get us to pay them. Went to another company and they honored our insurance. Lens Crappers (as I call them) kept our insurance in their system to prevent the other company using our insurance. Had to contact the insurance company and they had to threaten them and removed the block themselves. We also used them last year. I am wondering how much we got ripped off at this point.

The management also lacks a sense of professionalism. He told me to come back when I was walking out the door to go elsewhere. When I asked how he could help me with a solution he simply placed the blame on Costco and said that Costco should not have offered the lens for free through our insurance (This is something I brought up during the conversation). I tried to walk away and he snapped at me and said "OH GOD!" as I was walking away. I felt troubled at this point as he said it in a way that I felt he would have tried to fight me. I walked out and they will never see our family again. It's too bad too because they would have made a lot of money off of our insurance. We have great insurance (Private not government).

Original review: July 15, 2017

I don't have any experience with the Doctor or the people in the eye glasses store but the receptionist for the doctors are terrible. I had an appointment schedule on a Saturday that I had scheduled Wednesday or Thursday, no one bothered to call to get insurance information so when we get there they tell me I would have to pay out of pocket and let my insurance reimburse me. I said no, and rescheduled. I scheduled another Saturday appointment and made sure to verify that the receptionist would verify the insurance before I came in. I get a call 15 minutes before my appointment from the receptionist saying that they DID NOT verify my insurance so I would have to reschedule my appointment AGAIN! NOPE, not doing it! I told them to take me off and I would find somewhere else to be seen!

Original review: June 26, 2017

Recently, I accompanied my minor child to the Castleton Square Mall location of Lenscrafters featuring Indiana Eye Doctors llc., for eye exam whereby I received two quotes for exam and opted to utilized spouse's $10 deductible over my corporate plan ($30). However, upon checking out the clerk smiled and stated, "That will be $40." I was quite chagrined to learn that they'd performed some new test upon my minor child with NO PRE-AUTHORIZATION but gladly charged me and our insurance! Of course the clerk or Doctors could change my invoice and despite finally getting Manager "Joe" on the telephone for an apology etc... No such return of my funds has yet to appear back on my credit card!

Lenscrafters Company Information

1983
4000 Luxottica Pl
Mason
OH
www.lenscrafters.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business