3.5/5 (86 ratings)

About Lenscrafters

Lenscrafters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

Ordered a pair of glasses and then one week later I noticed it was for another customer. Store manager processed a refund and charged me for the actual glasses. Two weeks later I have yet to receive my $303.99. Store manager has no answers, customer service hangs up on me after putting me on hold 3 times, headquarters number 5137656294 rings once and hangs up. No one will help and this is unprofessional.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

My experience was very good. The doctor and assistants are very detailed. Stephanie on Dallas Highway went beyond to get me the best deal. I really appreciate that. I was in the store Jan 3, 2022. ****

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I took a pair of glasses for a nose guard repair. The threads for the screw was stripped. The tech worked for about 45 minutes to complete the repair. She tried different tiny screws to complete the repair. She displayed a great deal of perseverance and patience and saved me some money.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Called to ask questions and got put on hold for over 5 min and I hung up. No Callback! Guess they don't need my business. This made me check reviews online line and now I sure I will not be calling them.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I purchased a pair of glasses, they told me to take them home and try them. I had 30 days. Took them back and they wouldn't return them. I had them for almost 3 weeks. Sad thing is that I'm a repeat customer.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

Went there a year ago to get new glasses. Almost $600 and they’re garbage. They warped almost a week after getting them and I went back twice only for them to bandaid fix it and they went right back to falling off my face. The handles on both sides snapped randomly and are held together by glue making the warping issue worse. Complete garbage for an extravagant price. I can’t afford a new pair so I’m stuck with them.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

As today November 18th it’s been almost 1 month since I visited the store to get my prescription lenses and frame. They said they would be ready in 7 days. As today they do not provide any reason about it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

My husband and I arrived at Lenscrafters 15 mins before closing on a November Sunday. I was there to pick up my prescription sunglasses and my husband went to pick out and purchase prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses. We were in the store until 730 pm, 1.5 hours beyond their closing time. The level of service, the depth of knowledge and genuine commitment to customer satisfaction demonstrated quite clearly with words and body language made our shopping experience for glasses refreshingly incredible. We were welcomed and not for even an instance rushed or felt rushed. Dalton, the store manager, was the one who assisted us and his professionalism, personality, and knowledge in the eyewear industry was vast and thorough. He truly loves what he does which translated into the remarkable shopping experience, he created that left my husband and I way beyond satisfied.

This customer service experience needed to be shared with those of you that may live in the St Louis Missouri area. We have been coming to this LensCrafters and seeing Dr. Karen ** who has her optometry practice at this LensCrafters, for nearly twenty years. Dr. Karen ** is also incredible, professional, personable, knowledgeable and look forward to our eye examines each year. We highly recommend both Lenscrafters and Dr. Karen ** to anyone seeking an optometrist or eyewear. Thank you Dalton and Dr. Karen ** for the above and beyond service you provide. Keith D. and William J.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Rude people. Did not want to repair. Acted like it was my fault. Never go back. Had insurance and still cost over 400 for one pair. Can buy cheaper and better anywhere else. Stanton optical - quality glasses, good people.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

My SVC rep was Tonae. Due to her exceptional knowledge, personal care, and expertise in dealing with very high prescriptions I was able to get the best pair of glasses I've ever purchased in life. They are everything she said they would be. I absolutely love them!!!! She worked with me thru multiple visits, and advised me to get the recommended dilation before attempting a new purchase so the provider could determine which of the two prescriptions were appropriate.

I received the 2 prescriptions during a back and forth between the optometrist and Cielo Vista site reps which resulted in 2 failed attempts to obtain a useable product. Tonae educated me on the intricacies of getting proper measurements, prescription and eyewear features for my vision and personal concerns. I was even given the option to return them if I didn't like them after wearing them. When I put them on, I did not have to adjust to them over a few days as I have had to do with previous glasses over the years. This was a new experience for me. I'm very pleased. I've found a new home and will gladly drive the distance!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Continued to use the glasses, thinking I just need to get accustomed to the new prescription. But in fact I have never been able to read or drive with these glasses. Took them back to the store, and was told, I just needed to purchase a new pair. Are you kidding me, at over $600, I won't be getting them from Lenscrafters.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I purchased a brand new pair of frames from MOSCOT in NYC and took them to the Brookline MA store on Beacon St on 8/14/2021. I choose new lenses and paid $788.99 I have not received the glasses as of 9/15/2021. I cannot get the date when they will be ready. All Kim can tell me is that they are working on them. I paid $290.00 for the frames for a total expense of $1,078.99. All I want is a check for the total expense of $1,078.99! I filled out an online complaint form, but I need my MONEY BACK so I never go back to Lenscrafters again! They are part of a huge conglomerate under LUXOTICA. I will continue to post as I get results!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Expensive Oakley RX Sunglasses, less than year old, parts fell off. Store doesn't have parts, said talk to Oakley. No one to talk to at Oakley, but you can BUY replacement parts online for glasses still under warranty. Bad customer service after the sale and I have a warranty. NO OAKLEY! NO MORE LENSCRAFTERS!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

After submitting my prescription sunglass order online the service reps kept contacting me about issues with the prescription. This also happened when I tried to order a few months back. I resent them the entire prescription. Another rep contacted me stating they need me to resubmit another new order. I am very disappointed with the customer service that I received and let this be a warning to pass on Lenscrafters.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

When I went to them originally 20 years ago service was great. I got my glasses in just a matter of hours or a few days. Recently I went to make another purchase. I asked how long it would take to make my glasses. They told me the same day or next day. After making my purchase they informed me that it would take up to 10 days for my glasses to get made. I told him I wasn't satisfied with this and I would like my money back. I told him that their salesperson that told me one or two days and they transferred me to their so-called lab. These people informed me that could be up to 10 days but would make a rush on it and call me. It's now 10 days and still no glasses. It seems like the whole company likes to lie to their customers. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I purchased two pairs of glasses from the Eastern Hills Mall, Clarence NY and I've only been wearing the glasses for 3 months.. I'm extra careful about cleaning them but the AR coating is spotted all over the glasses. The Manager of the store says he can't do anything for me. My original order had to be sent back because it had the wrong script. 3 months and they are blurry already.. He said the sun affects them.. WHAT.. They are transitions with some new coating they offered. WELL the coating does not work. He said I can talk to anyone so I'm out 650 bucks on blurry lenses ... Dr. ** please help me. Or someone call me. The 800 number does not work.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I was fortunate enough to have Elizabeth help me because my Lens popped out, within 20 minutes it was fixed. They even had a lot of people in the store. I made an appointment which helped a lot. Lenscrafters is where I bought my 1st pair 20 years ago. I only go to Lenscrafters and get the insurance on the glasses. Quality and service can't be beat.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

The site was easy to navigate. When I called customer service they were very nice and informative. He told me exactly what I needed to do. And also told me the price of the glasses both if I used my insurance and if I didn’t.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Lenscrafters in Humble, TX charged $200.00 for a pair of designer sunglasses that fit crooked. The manager and sales associate were rude and unprofessional when I requested they refit the glasses. They never fixed the problem.

Original review: July 30, 2021

They have a wide selection of lenses and frames at affordable pricing. Location is right by my optometrist so it’s easy to go in for glasses or maintenance. They also have the brand of contacts I like and always have very friendly and knowledgeable staff.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I got my glasses at Macy's. The service was OK. Workers considered attentive. Glasses quality was not good at all. Mine was broken within a year and half and showed worn off compared my previous pairs of glasses with similar price.

Original review: July 12, 2021

Bought prescription eyeglasses several months ago. Not cheap. Wore several months until Opthomalogist appointment. He confirmed prescription was correct. Expensive frames don't; obscure part of the prescription lens for reading. Temples don't fit. Glasses slide down. Not level. Nice people at the store. Wish they knew how to FIT eyeglasses.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I moved here from out of state and lost my ophthalmologist and their in-house eyeglass department. My glasses have a high prescription and I knew new ones would cost $700.00, so I held out as long as I could. I finally ended up at Lenscrafters. I think Lenscrafters is fine for low prescriptions but for people like me who have numerous vision issues, purchasing from them has been a true disappointment. I have limited frame options because of the lens type. My goal is to be able to see. The previous location provided the highest index lens with transitions. Lenscrafters claimed they could not. My new glasses are horrible with thick, heavy lenses. They are also too small behind the ears. I am extremely disappointed at being treated as someone who wanted a dainty pair of stylish frames to go with their low script rather than who I am: a disabled person who needs these glasses to function properly.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Lens Crafters is slowly out sourcing everything. They stopped one hour service, they stopped doing gradient shading on lenses. And when I needed one lens replaced they said company policy was that I had to replace both which would cost me double. They definitely aren’t interested in customer service anymore. I had to go to an independent dealer to get real service. They gave me everything I wanted. Stay away from Lens Crafters. They're a ripoff.

Original review: June 15, 2021

For over 20 years, my family and I have been loyal customers to LensCrafters in Eastland Mall, but will not return. I had poor customer service, and I am certain they did not put the anti-scratch coating on my regular glasses. This January, I needed new glasses, so I purchased a regular pair and a pair of sunglasses - a total of $919 spent (with their "specials" applied.) I have a strong prescription and bifocals, so I knew I had to wait longer to get them. Once they came in 2 weeks later, they were not adjusted for my eyes, so I had to return. After explaining to two different associates, they finally agreed to re-make my lenses to fit my eyes. I ended up making two additional trips just to get them and have them fitted.

Now, just 4 months later, the lenses on my regular glasses are so scratched up that I have issues seeing clearly. I have done nothing different, and treat them very carefully, but they are so easily scratched. My glasses purchased in 2018 are not even this scratched up. The response I received from Eastland Mall was that they could do nothing for me, but gave me a customer service number. That recording directed me to Chat with them, which I did only to receive a link to report this all over again.

The response from corporate? A rote response: "At LensCrafters we allow our customers to choose if the Eyewear Protection Plan is right for them. Customers have the ability to add the EPP on the day of purchase or day they pick up their eyewear. If a customer damages their eyewear and has not purchased the Eyewear Protection Plan, we are able to offer them our current in store offer so they customer will not be required to pay full price for their eyewear." I have never needed that protection before, so of course I didn't spend the extra (and exorbitant) fees they wanted for it. I'll be getting my glasses from my eye doctor from now on.

Original review: June 5, 2021

I have to wear special lenses. My eye doctor shares an office space with LensCrafters and LensCrafters got my RX wrong the first time I received it. Sent it back a second time because they were scratched and even though I paid for scratch resistant lenses in the initial order I was charged again when they sent it back. I wanted to give my eyes time but I still can't see very well. I can no longer see up close with my glasses, which I use to be able to do with the old pair. There is a fuzz/blur around the words. Even with my contact lenses there's a fuzz. For the money they charge I should be able to see. I see just fine when I'm at the doctor's using their equipment but that's not being translated in my prescriptions. Plus they would not give me the PD which is absurd as that is my medical information. I should be able to know what that is so that I am not forced to purchase glasses only through them.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I have purchased several pairs of prescription eyeglasses from Lenscrafters over the past 20+ years. I normally do not have the ophthalmologist or optometrist check the script, which I didn't this time, until I recently had a new exam. I was told that there was no prism in the glasses; I have been wearing the wrong script for a few years, as the vision had not changed much. I have the original script indicating a prism for one lens only, and the doctor couldn't understand how it was not included. I know I was having much more double vision than normal, but I thought it was just getting worse. Discount or not, I will take my vision more seriously and get prescriptions filled elsewhere from now on.

Original review: May 4, 2021

My family of 6 switched to Lenscrafters (at Haywood Mall in Greenville, SC) recently. Last week on Wednesday 4/28/2021, we had an appointment for one of my daughters and myself. We left with glasses RX but forgot to ask about the PD. We went back on Saturday 5/2/2021 and we were greeted by a gentleman with a very bad attitude and the Assistant Manager Kami. We politely asked to get the PD measurement since we forgot to ask. They were really rude (especially with their body language).

Kami had to tell her employee to be quiet a couple of times so she could speak to me and that aggravated him more. They both refused to read the PD for us since we did not purchase frames, they said that was the company policy. They were very rude and condescending to us. We left and canceled the other 2 appointments we had set up for my other 2 daughters the following weekend. What we don't understand is that their website says (and quote) the following: "You can ask your eye doctor to include your PD measurement on your prescription". It doesn't say that we need to buy glasses in order to get our PD. Attitude for the two employees needs to be addressed and apologies for the way they speak to customers should be considered. Customer satisfaction is everything and it doesn't take a lot to be nice to people.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I will begin to say that they do have a good selection of frames prices range from 168 to 500 dollars depending on the brand you pick but the overpriced comes in when you have progressive lenses you will get charged double if not triple the price. But what really make me do this review was the fact that approximately less than 72 hours after putting my order and getting charged more than 1,000 dollars I change my mind about adding transition lenses. So my daughter that also goes there told me, "Call by phone. Tell them you want the transition lenses anyway. They have not sent it to lab yet."

I called. A girl came on the phone. First she tells me that Nilda who is the person that got my order does not go work there then tells me that calling the wrong LensCrafters. Then I asked for her to check my order number. She finally says that was the right shop but that in order change my order I had to go in person. I explained to her was not even in Broward County at the moment. Needless to say that they lacked customer satisfaction and service. I don’t think after buying from them more than a thousand dollars worth of frames and lenses she should have told me that I had to go in person and she never even let me talk to Nilda the person that took my order so was not able to add the transition lenses. So the only time I will back to the store is pick up my order and the near future to go see Dr ** who is great awesome Dr.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I ordered some new prescription glasses from here. It was my first time and they sent me the wrong prescription. I questioned them and they told me they’d see what was entered on their end then went back on it and said ‘oh actually we can’t tell you what was entered but we assure you it was correct’. Well, the prescription they put in was in the box and was -.25 off from what the prescription that I gave them said. They are getting returned and I will not order again.

Lenscrafters Company Information