3.7/5 (453 ratings)

About America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: June 16, 2021

I was in a time crunch to get contacts before my honeymoon! I met Dr. ** who was AMAZING! He explained everything in detail and all staff was dedicated to me receiving them on time. I previously thought contacts were not an option (told to me by many doctors because of my astigmatism). Not only did they fit me with comfortable contacts, but they also made sure I was happy with the fit before ordering! They also did a great job explaining pricing and how to get a better deal with certain brands! No pressure in buying their brand, and very informative! All staff is friendly, I was able to be seen quickly, it is clean and safe with COVID protocols. Will be back! THANK YOU FOR THE FAB EXPERIENCE!

Original review: May 24, 2021

Diaunte' was the ultimate professional and provided top level customer service! From the beginning when we walked through the door she welcomed us and eased the fear of my granddaughter who was afraid because it was her first time seeing an eye doctor. Diaunte' was patient and help her pick out her glasses and let her know that she was going to look great in her new glasses. I would recommend everyone to go visit Diaunte' at America's Best Eye Glass in Waxahachie, Texas.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2021

I could not state a more affirmative review if I owned the company. From the moment I arrived it was a positive, professional and welcoming experience. I have a tricky prescription. My lenses have three (trifocal) sections with astigmatism. The associate (Jennifer) that worked with me, she measured me, measured the glasses I selected. She even helped selecting the most complementary metal color. Miss Jennifer marked the lenses to ensure an accurately placed levels for driving, for distance and for reading. The entire experience was customized to ensure quality eyewear. Upon receiving my glasses, I realized immediately they were perfect! I have never had better vision than I do today. Even my field of vision has changed for the better. Honestly, I feel taller!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

This is my third year of going to America's Best in Colonie NY... I have had zero complaints with staff, service received or the products. Although the glasses purchased at 2 pair $69.95 incl free exam (which now gives free enhanced testing, that used to cost an extra $50) aren't built to last for years, they serve their purpose and keeps me coming back every year, not only keeping me on track to get my eyes checked every year and if you think about it, when you do go back every year, you can get a different style (who doesn't get bored with the same glasses every day?).

I go in with my mind pre made up knowing that I will not be purchasing the higher priced frames, fancier lenses, coatings, warranties or "upgrades". I left there today with 4 pair of glasses, 3 for distance and 1 pair of bifocals for $156. Upon being offered the add on warranty I explained... I purchased my "warranty" in the form of 3 extra pair of glasses in case one gets lost or broken (lol). Just like with any purchase you make, you likely get what you pay for and for the price, I would say I got a pretty darn good deal... Keep up the great work at being America's Best Colonie, NY, I certainly thank you!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I made an appointment for new eyeglasses at the America's Best store in Sarasota, Florida. I arrived on time and was led immediately to an office for pre-screening. After that, I waited 5 min for my free professional eye exam. After that I browsed the frames for a few minutes when the sales person came to help me select my frames and do the paperwork. The entire process was smooth and quick. All employees were professional and pleasant. The glasses came in 2 weeks. When I went to pick them up I was greeted immediately and the technician was. very patient while fitting my glasses. Total cost for 2 pairs was $ 69 as advertised. I highly recommend America's Best in Sarasota for eyeglasses.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Today, 9/20/2021, I called America's Best of Tukwila to have my prescription transferred to my new optometrist. Their manager stated that it can't be because it is expired. I will never return to them!!! Eye care is important. Go to small shops for better service.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

***UPDATE*** It is two weeks later (September 18, 2021) and this has not been resolved. There has not even been an acknowledgment of the issue. I have been buying glasses for my whole family from America’s Best for about five years now, and have always been pleased. This month I got new contacts and decided to also get new reading glasses with prescription frames. (I have done this many times at America’s Best.) In three days my contacts came in to the store—great!

A couple of days later, the two sets of glasses came in; however, they had the wrong prescription. (The strength should have been 2.00 to be worn with my contacts—I am nearsighted.) They told me that the mistake was that they made the glasses using my distance prescription. Ok, let’s order the correct prescription. So, one week later, I went to pick up the new prescription glasses. They were the incorrect glasses again! I was then told that this was the correct prescription according to the computer, that the 2.00 that was prescribed somehow needed to be converted. He also told me it was the manager's fault for sending in the wrong prescription.

No, there should have been NO conversion needed, they are simply reading glasses at a 2.00 strength. Then he told me that it was not recommended to wear reading glasses with contacts. REALLY??? This is why I wear reading glasses in the first place! I was never able to get used to bifocal contacts. I am nearsighted, so have corrected lenses for distance that causes me to NEED reading glass. The gentleman at the store did not seem to understand this. I have had reading glasses with contacts for AT LEAST 25 years. I’m very confused why this is such a problem right now. I was not able to find a corporate number or any other way to contact to anyone. I hope that writing this review will cause some action toward resolving this situation. I hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Midvale Utah. I had called previously and asked if they took my insurance. They said yes. So I made an appointment. When I arrive I check in and fill out all of the paperwork. They send me back and do all of my eye exam. When they send me out to look at frames, I've picked out a couple that I liked when a very rude woman walks up to me and tells me they do not take my insurance. She tells me I can either pay $50 for the eye exam, or pay the full price and get some eyeglasses. I wasn't expecting to pay anything as my insurance pays 100% of the exam and $300 a year towards frames. I ended up paying the 50 and leaving with no glasses. A month later I'm trying to find somewhere that takes my insurance and accidentally call them again. The lady who answers tells me yes, they take my insurance but it's out of network. This means I only get $70 towards my eyeglasses instead of 300.

I COULD HAVE GOTTEN THE TWO PAIR OF EYEGLASSES for 69.99 when I came in. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing. The lady I was dealing with in store was extremely rude and condescending. When I asked why they don't verify they can take your insurance before they send you back for the eye exam, her exact words were, "well. It's up to the CUSTOMER to verify we take their insurance!!" Very rudely. I said, "by calling previous to the appointment and asking?" She said, "yes!" I replied with, "that's exactly what I did." All of this for nothing. If the employees were properly informed, I would have walked out of there with my two pair of eyeglasses from my appointment instead of going through everything I have and I still have no eyeglasses.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

The customer service here is rude and terrible. When I asked to clarify the fee structure about the glasses, one of the representatives brutally explained with raised voice as if I was there to get them free. And when I went there to pick my glasses, the lady near by the door was also terrible. She looked me back and shook her head with indifference, when I didn't know which representative I had to meet. They should learn customer service from Chick-fil-A employee first. I don't suggest anybody to go there.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

America's Best Chinese little kid glasses for the 6995 sucks and they suck. This is the worst eyeglass repair or replace I ever seen in my life. The one in Riverside to specially it is the lousiest. The people are lousy.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information