1.58/5

825 America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Based on the TV commercials I drove an hour to Asheville North Carolina to get 2 pairs of glasses for $69 including the eye exam as advertised. The eye doctor was terrific. I felt like I got a thorough exam and felt confident as I went to look for frames. I found their selection to be extremely limited and quite boring to be honest. But I finally found a sa couple of frames that I liked. I paid extra for a one frame. The person who fits you for the glasses tabulated the cost and I nearly fell off the chair when she told me the final cost was $534. What happened to the 2 pairs for $69?

Oh but they neglect to tell you in the ad if you have progressives or any other specifics it's significantly more money. I don't have a problem with paying for ads but I do have a problem with being lied to and lured there under false pretenses. Then I order the glasses and I ask when I can pick them up. Now I've worn glasses all my life. The smallest eyeglass centers have your glasses back in A-day or so. I practically fell off the chair for the 2nd time when she told me it would take 2 weeks. What a rip off! I would never go back.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Although I would love to give this location less than 1 star, I did have a good experience with the first two ladies that I was able to speak with and get advice on glasses. My issue was with the old blonde/white haired women, Diane. When my boyfriend and I were looking at frames to choose from, I had asked her opinion about which pair looked better on me, from the two I had selected. Diane was rude and making comments to me about how I needed a different pair that looked better on my face. As this was her opinion and I fully understand that, she continuously made remarks to me about how my prescription would limit my available choices for frames and that the ones I had picked out were ugly. YES! She actually told me that the ones I liked, were ugly.

As this was just her opinion, I let it go. A few moments later, she pulled my boyfriend aside, and told him that I was making a huge mistake and I would regret it, and once again, that the frames I chosen would look terrible. Immediately after this, she walked around the store to the other employee ladies and I overheard her telling them that "she is going to look terrible with any of those glasses, what a mistake she is making". With rage building up inside, I just informed her that I wanted to get an estimated price on what I would be paying out of pocket for both the frames and lenses, she began telling me that my insurance would pay up to $120 for the frames and that we could see about the rest later.

During this time, she kept pushing me to get "Designer Frames" which I had said several times I was not interested in, I informed her that I enjoyed the frames I had chosen and wanted to see a price on the lenses because I knew what my insurance covered for the frames. Her reply... "well if you think you know what your insurance covers then go ahead and tell me."

As you can imagine, I was so furious with this lady. Her opinions I can understand and accept, but going around the store telling people I would look terrible in the glasses, and then getting rude with me thinking that I didn't know what my own insurance covered. I immediately told her she was being rude, and I left the store, and unfortunately because of her rudeness, I cried a little in my car, because come on, she was telling people I would look ugly. How rude!

I went to a different location a little further from my home, and the employees were so nice! They sat me down and explained to me how much the lenses would cost out of pocket and all of the great deals that they could offer me. I set up an appointment with them and immediately called and canceled the one from University Hills. Even at the other location, I had spoke to them about Diane being rude and they told me that she had several complaints made about her being rude to customers and that they stopped having her come to their store because of her attitude. What a terrible person this women was, I have never met someone so rude.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I was a client at the Glenburnie, MD location and had several glasses purchased and changed on 2 different occasions. One year later. Roughly 2 weeks ago I went for a new pair since I broke my old pair. I was given progressive lenses for 2 pair and had 1 with transitions done. I was having issues with the power of them. I work in MD and live in PA. I went to the Fairless Hills location and they looked at my visit in MD and saw 3 yes 3 times MD changed my pupillary distance. I think that is an issue 1st. I go to MD for a refund because I will never go to that store again. They keep my $45 exam fee and never ask if they can help with the issue. The Dr. in PA does my exam and like before I need only regular nonprogressive lenses, no reading need just the 1 prescription.

When I check out I am told the charges and asked about anti-glare, a catch resistant etc. Not once was I asked about the extras except for me saying I wanted transitions was asked. I was charged for all upgrades without being asked. I am not an eyeglass salesmen and have no clue what bill has on it that is necessary or not. Find out most item not needed, only if wanted. I am appalled, disgusted and just upset at the MD Dr., optometrist and general staff at Glen Burnie, MD store. I can not express how thankful I am that I went to the Fairless Hills, PA store to correct this issue. The Dr. was great and more in depth with the exam and Nicole the General Manager was understanding, so helpful and will keep me as a client of America's Best. I will not use the MD store and my family I have in MD will never as well.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My appointment was at 3:20 pm on a Tuesday afternoon. Not busy at all. My appointment was completed by 630 pm. After I had my exam they had me sit in the waiting room an additional hour or longer just to check out I was not getting glasses or contacts so I don't understand why I had to wait to check out. On the phone they assured me they took my medical insurance. At check out they said they don't accept my insurance. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Appointment with America's Best at 11:20, arrive 11:10. Waited 1 hour before being seen. Doctor was not polite and wanted to know how come I had contacts not supplied by them? After being seen I waited another 45 minutes to pay the bill and be told they did not have the contacts in stock. They would call me in about 2 weeks! Last time they never called. I had to call them and they said "yes your contacts have been in". I bought the 3 year plan for my wife and I and this was the last visit on this plan, NEVER AGAIN!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Every time I walk into the store everyone is extremely friendly and eager to help. Everyone answers all of your questions with ease and in a friendly manner. Working in the customer service field and dealing with grumpy people all day makes it even more refreshing to walk in and immediately feel welcomed. Highly recommend America's Best in Hamburg, NY.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I ordered my glasses and was told they would arrive no later than a certain date. That date came and went and when I called the woman I talked to said she could not find a tracking number. She then told me she would talk to her manager and call me back. Days go by and no call so I called them and was told they got lost in shipping and they would have to reorder with expedited deliver and they would call me.

A week goes by and no call so I called them again, the women told me yeah they were in but no one ever called me to let me know. I went to pick them up, after standing there a while a young woman came from the back and just walked by me. She was more concerned about finding a rubber band for her hair. She finally helped me and got my glasses. Another women helped me to adjust them and she was very nice. I am pleased with the glasses but getting them was a nightmare. I might buy the glasses from them again, but I will take them somewhere to get the prescription.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I received my contacts which were $170 for 6 months - they were falling apart in my eyes - when I talked with the eye doctor on duty, he explained that happens a lot with older people!! He dropped the ball and I called back a week later, he apologized and said he would order new contacts at no charge and have them mailed to my home. I had pretty good result but still pieces of the contacts would stay in my eye (almost as if the chemicals in my eye were having an effect on the contacts) - but I just kept trying.

When reordering I explained that I was still not satisfied with the product (new location this time), so the doctor was professional and gave a trial pair (they seemed to work okay for one week) so we reordered - this brand was only $140 for 6 months (why wasn't I offered these to begin with? I was told they are so expensive because they are bifocal originally). Anyway, I received the new and they seemed okay but very sticky and dry, same issue (the outer surface rips away from the rest - one day of wearing and in the trash)!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I have been going to America's Best for eye exams, glasses, and contact lenses since I was 10 years old and I am now 35! I have literally never been anywhere else. I have always gone to the location in Marietta GA as a kid and growing up and never had any problems with them. Recently I began going to the Dekalb Co. GA location off Scott. Blvd. NEVER AGAIN AS LONG AS I LIVE WILL I EVER GO TO ANOTHER AMERICA'S BEST!!!

First of all, it's now their common practice to have people wait for up to an hour for their eye exam! Like why even take an appointment at all?!?! Second of all, when I finally get called for my eye exam, the most unprofessional lady sighed and huffed and puffed that I was there, I guess because she was tired and didn't feel like working?! I am spending my money here, and being treated like I am a hassle for some reason?!

I asked if someone else could do my exam instantly. She was infuriated and enraged and told me I could leave her "office" until she found someone else. I told her she could get up and go get her manager, I just waited for an hour for this, I am not going anywhere! The manager comes in and takes the employee to a back room where I can hear her yelling and screaming. The manager returns, has the eye Dr. do my full exam, and gives me a whopping 10 percent discount (LOL).

5 months later I am getting flashes in both of my eyes I return to America's Best (because I had the 5 year plan, therefore it was free). They gave me an exam and dilated my eyes and told me that whoever prescribed my last prescription over prescribed me by a full point in each eye!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! I keep wondering why the staff is so **, and I see now its because the manager is no better!!! I will always tell people how awful America's Best is! I will never step foot in another one. These people compromised my vision and literally treated me like I was the worst person ever from the moment I stepped foot in the door. I think they are racist toward ** people, it's pretty clear!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

HONESTLY... I DID NOT WANT TO GO HERE, but now that I am a BABY BOOMER ON MEDICARE... MY POCKETBOOK HAD TO RULE! I called at 3:30 and was told that I could get same day service! From start to finish, I received top-notch, friendly and helpful service! The front desk staff was welcoming, friendly and expeditious! The choices of frames was much better than I was expecting! I found over six styles that were fashionable and reasonably current. I knew going in that the two for $69 would not apply to me, since I use the progressive lenses with anti-glare, but the fabulous Patrick (he was THE BEST!!!) patiently, and completely rallied on my behalf to make sure that I definitely got the most bang for my buck -- and he did it with panache, experience, diligence and gusto! He was the BEST eyeglass consultant ever!! And no attitude about my need to get the BEST DEAL!

The in-take technician was also AMAZING AND SO FRIENDLY AND APPROACHABLE; he explained every test, answered every question FULLY. I am so sorry that I do not recall his name, but he was there on the late shift of 9/20/18 at the Central Avenue store in Colonie, NY. The optometrist was also SUPERIOR! She was a young professional with great knowledge, sensitivity and honesty; willing to find the very best options for me regarding future cataract surgery, my prescription, and my current needs as a reluctant "older" patient. ;) Finally, the eyeglass fitting service person was fastidious and precise, friendly and reassuring! I am honestly super happy that I chose to go to America's BEST -- after many years of snobbery! All I did was spend too much money! No... they will not have the latest frames, but they will have many fashionable choices!

And if I want the latest Oprah-donned fabulous high styling in frames, I can use my new prescription to order them at a later date when I have a little extra cash. I got a pair of the highest end progressive lenses with anti-glare coating in a DKNY designer frame, as well as a funky, clunky, black over-sized Ray-Ban looking frame for reading only, with the basic lenses offered in their "two-for" advertising for a total of $327 (which included an additional, selective exam fee of an extra $15). This cost was after the application of the $125 Medicare coverage from my Humana plan. I last spent over $600 for two pairs of glasses!

I have NEVER written a review, but I HAD to write this one! If your pocketbook will only allow their bottom end offerings, they will do their utmost to help you find the very best you can get! I did NOT experience any pressure! So... it is BEST not to judge a book by its cover! They made it clear to me that I did not have to get glasses there just because I took advantage of the free exam through my Medicare! If only every business was as down-to-earth, friendly, and helpful!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

My wife and I have attempted for WEEKS to obtain a visit with the Dawsonville Georgia America's Best, we have Wednesday and Saturdays off. The door states they are open Saturday to Saturday! We have been told they do not have a physician on Wednesday or Saturdays! In which now we have been told since that they indeed do have a physician on Saturdays.

So today I went to attempt a walk in customer visit since it’s Friday and they have a physician (surely right??!!). There are three cars in the parking lot and three workers in the store. The desk clerk states and I quote “we can’t see you until 10:40 this morning as for our schedule is overbooked”. THERE IS NOT A SOUL IN THIS PLACE OTHER THAN THE WORKERS! I mean really!!! I can not believe we will have to drive 30 min plus for a alternative when this company is 1/2 mile from our home! Worst experience EVER! I do NOT recommend anyone attempt to use them for any service as for they are all about themselves and none about customer experience!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I purchased a pair of the ant-reflective, transition, progressive lens and I have wore a set of these lens in the past from another and never had the issues these lens seem to have, like constantly needing to clean the lens. Anti-reflective, transition, progressive lens are suppose to have or be scratch resistant, well the first pair of lens I had to replace after a month due to scratches, I paid for the warranty which covered only one replacement by the way, now the second set of lens are starting to scratch and I just don't get why, I use good cleaning spray and the micro fiber cloths and they still scratch.

My last pair of lens like this lasted for 3 years with never being replaced and these have been replaced once and I can't afford to replace them again the warranty is only good for one time replacement. Really, I paid for the warranty it should be at least a year. I just wanted to let people know that the prices may be less expensive but so is the quality of the products that they offer.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Since falling for their pricing scam, (apparently their $69.95 for two pair of glasses does not include the lens) I have been back 5 times with issues of parts of the frames breaking and they always seem to be out of warranty and I am told I need to buy new frames which are never in stock. Have worn glasses for 50 years and have never replaced a frame until my prescription had changed. Save your money. No deals here, just a highly advertised come on.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

It's not that the person helping me in the store was rude, she wasn't, but she certainly didn't know how to make a bad situation better. She ordered the wrong glasses and made it seem as if it was no big deal. There were no glass cases and no cleaning clothes that she could offer me, for the second pair of glasses that I left the store with. If a store makes a mistake, every efforts should be made to make the customer feel like they are important and that the store's guarantee of delivering services in a certain time frame, is kept. I'm simply not happy with the service I received and calling customer care left me even more frustrated. The cheap does come out expensive. Affordable glasses, but lousy customer service. I would rather pay more and have my expectation be met, than to pay less and have this experience.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I called America's Best to make an appointment for an eye exam and to inquire about the two pair with free eye exam for $69.99. I ask if I could get the two pair with free eye exam and a contact lens exam. The person on the phone said, "Sure." I made the appointment. During my appointment I again ask about the two pair with free exam for $69.99, and I also wanted contact lenses prescription. The doctor said, "Yes of course." The exam went okay, not very professional. So when all was complete and I went to check out, the checkout girl was very rude and informed me that since I had a contact exam I did not qualify for the two pair. I explained to her that I had ask the receptionist and also ask they doctor and both said yes I could still get the deal. She got very rude and told me it did not work that way.

So I left, to return a week later to pick up my contact lenses, the girl basically threw the pack at me and said, "See ya." I said, "No. Never again." Only gave one star because it was required to give at least one star. This place doesn't deserve any stars... I'm a very dissatisfied customer... will never recommend this place to anyone. Thanks for nothing America's Best for America's worst.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I purchased 4 pairs of glasses in Lake Worth, TX store. I returned about 1 months later complaining about a hazy, rainbow is (multi-colored film on the lenses). I also purchased 2 bootlegs of their cleaner upon the suggestions of the sales girl. She showed me how to fully spray the lenses until they were dripping and wipe with the special glasses cloth that came with each pair. I did so every time I cleaned them and constantly because they never appeared clean while looking through the lenses! I have worn reading glasses all my life! These are the first pairs (I spent over 1,200.00 for these) of glasses I could never see out of the lenses.

I told the salesgirl this and she said I was not cleaning them properly making me look like a fool in front of many other onlooking customers. She told me that I needed to have them buffed out and went off on a tangent about me not purchasing an extended warranty. The only pair that I could see out of was the sunglasses and they have a total different lens finish. Never purchase from product. They are inferior product and I just wrote to corporate and they will not even repair one set of glasses. Never again will this company get my business.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I’ve been to the store twice. The first time I fell for their hard sell gimmick and bought the anti-glare. It was a joke. The second time I went, I refused the upgrades. The woman taking our payment got visibly upset... (maybe working on commission?) She said to me...”You won’t be able to see properly unless you get these upgrades!” I said, "I just had an eye exam from your Doctor. I better be able to see properly just the way they are!” She then got angry, and spent at least 2 minutes furiously typing notes on my account. Two minutes is a long time. Needless to say, I can’t see with either of the glasses, and they slip off of my face at work. Very embarrassing. I WILL NEVER GO BACK!! Unfortunately, it’s true. You get what you pay for. In this store, PURE GARBAGE. Or BASURA.

Original review: July 31, 2018

The experience was outstanding, the level of concern for correctly fitting my glasses and ensuring the prescription was comfortable made me feel they actually were going to be sure. I was happy with the finished results. They made sure the glasses were good looking on me, they made a second set (2) pair of lenses because the first set were not right. All the employees worked well together and they were always kind and considerate. Ten stars for the Brown Deer store in Wisconsin, thank you Anne, Wesley, Lesley...

Original review: July 27, 2018

Eye exam - doctor was good. Rest of store very poor. No customer service or respect. Glasses had to be returned. Poor fitting on lenses. Second pair anti glare sucks - getting headaches. Called store. No return call from them. Will Never go to America's Best again. The worst.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I went to America's Best, because of a family member's referral, although I was warned about their prolonged time period of receiving your glasses. Upon my first visit, I was given the wrong prescription, for my glasses. I was called and told they were ready for p/u, so I go in, and the normal routine of trying them on, I could not see clearly, and told them, it was blurry, and that I could see better with my old glasses. This was ignored, and I was told, "Wear them a couple weeks, you need to adjust, this is a new prescription," I had to return. One of the staff told me, "The other doctor is better, we can have him check you, possibly correct the problem."

I should mention, before I finalize my experience, is the person that does the routine work-up before you see the Dr., I told this person several time, that I could not read the chart from my left eye, because of a cataract, but she continue to ask me to read the chart. This really upset me, she has no professional are knowledge of doing a pre-check, because if she did, this would not have occurred, and "oh yes" she had a smile on her face, in regards to my humility. I was offered a refund, but the manager kept telling me, it would take a long time for my insurance to credit my account, before I could see another Dr., and that I could see their other doctor on staff, and that he was better. I reluctantly agreed to do so. I have not received my glasses, it has been about 10 days. I will not return to America's Best ever again. Hopefully, I see clearly with these glasses.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I first went to the shop to view their selection based on a co-workers recommendations; I saw several pair I liked too so I scheduled an exam. The exam was $49, but when I sat down I was told it was for prescription only and not the additional glaucoma, night vision and other tests normally done during an exam, it would be $20 extra. They were not done by the Dr; I wish I had walked out at that point but I agreed and stayed. The eye DR went through my exam very quickly and I was a bit concerned. Then when I went out to pick up frames, everyone was really busy but I was OK, I tried on many pairs and had about half dozen when I finally had someone to help me.

She then told me they were all male glasses and that's why they were so large, (she had been watching me try on glasses for past half hour) but she couldn't find anything similar in women's glasses, except two pair that I wasn't too crazy about, she didn't seem too interested in looking any further; so I asked her an estimate with my strong prescription, I believe it was over $350! Then I decided I didn't want to do business there and would go somewhere else even though I’d now have to pay the $65 for the quick exam. So I went to another eyeglass store and the women was super helpful, let me try on dozens of glasses and stayed with me to help eliminate a pair a time. The price was around $300 with discounts added and took about 10 days to get.

Now I have a real problem, the prescription is awful my perception is off, I get dizzy I can’t read at a computer, I hadn't been working and was using my iPhone and iPad and now that I'm back on a desktop computer, I'm having a hard time! I kept thinking I would get used to the glasses, I took them back to where I got the lenses and they confirmed they matched the prescription. I don't know if America's Best will make good on the bad prescription and pay for the replacement.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Our family has purchased glasses from America's Best In past years. We have been satisfied. In May my grandson (age 25) went to America's Best for an eye exam and purchased two pairs of glasses, one being a pair of sunglasses. He had a difficult time finding a frame for his regular eyeglasses. The selection for men's glasses was very poor. He finally located a pair, but stated to the worker that they felt like they were too small. They assured him they were not. He returned for adjustments four times. The temples were too short and were causing sores behind his ears. They continued to adjust them, telling him they were fine!!! They continued to be very painful.

On one of his visits one employee stated they might have to find another frame for him. When he returned and mentioned that he needed another frame, his glasses were again adjusted and told that his glasses were being adjusted by the best person possible!!! This adjustment changed nothing for him, they continued to be painful. I was with my grandson during this last visit. I mentioned that I thought the temples were too short. I was quickly told that I did not know what I was talking about. My grandson had to order new glasses from another optical shop. We were told by this optical shop that not only were the temples too short, the frame was too small for him. The money spent at America's Best is lost. We got nothing for our money. We will never return to America's Best.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Add my name to the list of dissatisfied customers. I don't like the all too familiar sick feeling of knowing a company isn't going to do anything to fix it and make it right and I'm out the $80 and have to start all over again! My situation may be slightly different but it doesn't matter because you'll see that their poor treatment is the same for me as it is for all the others on here giving it one star or zero if we could! My appointment was last Friday. I was impressed by how nice the place looked and how hi-tech it was. The girl at the front desk was nice and helpful. Gave me the form to fill out and I sat down and did. A lot of questions, so it took me a bit to finish it. I wasn't quite done, she came back and said, "That's ok if you don't finish." She wasn't rude about it, but I didn't want to give it unfinished like that. What's the rush?

I sat there and waited another few minutes before a young guy came to get me for my tests. He was mostly pleasant but he was telling me what date it was when I already knew and there was a bit of a life lecture on how a day can be good or bad which I didn't need coming from someone 3 decades younger than I. He also said he needed the black spoon used to cover one eye back which I told him I have plenty spoons at home and wasn't gonna take theirs. He said, "Well a lot do," and I said, "Don't group me with them." I don't like the common view that if one is a thief everyone else must be too. That's not how I was raised. All this was minor compared to what was to come.

Dr. called me in for the other eye tests. Most went fine but at one point he said, "No. Raise your chin not your whole head." I didn't like that. He told me I'd be a better fit for glasses than contacts and kept asking why I didn't want glasses. I said because I came there for contacts and I never have liked wearing glasses as I pull them off my face a lot. There's an old saying: Just because one person jumps off a bridge, does that mean we all have to? Plus, I didn't want to look like their mascot owl. He showed me a test and had me read it and said, "That's 20-20 or 20-40," and I said, "It looks clear to me." He said, "No, you don't understand." I didn't like that. Don't treat me like I'm stupid, I know more than you think; how condescending. He said he could fit me with contacts but my prescription is so minimum that I don't really need them at -.75 in one eye and -.25 in the other.

Somehow my vision improved over 15 years as both those numbers were -1.50 for both eyes. I asked for UltraFlex thins. He said they don't make them anymore. Then why does 1-800 Contacts still show they do? UltraFlex thins are the only contacts I can wear that fit me right and don't bother my eyes like I don't even feel like I'm wearing anything, as it should feel. Since I hadn't worn contacts in years I had a little trouble getting the right eye lens in. He picked up all my stuff and said, "Let's move you out to the waiting area where you can finish putting them in. I have other patients." The solution was dripping all over my papers and the floor. And my lens was still on my finger. Another 10 seconds and I would have had it in but he couldn't wait! Again what's the ** rush?!

I do not like the way this store treats people! It's as rude, if not ruder, than any of the other reviews on here saying the same thing! It's right on par with what the rest of you are saying. The left eye lens doesn't fit me right and when I took out the right eye lens it scratched my eye. Of course I haven't worn them since. They called me to confirm my follow up appointment for Friday - tomorrow and I said, "Yes I'll be there." But then I got an email saying my appointment was cancelled! By who? I did not cancel! I need the contacts to fit right so I can pass renewal of my driver's license. I don't even have my prescription yet which I'm entitled to by law. I called them back and left a voicemail saying I didn't cancel and need my Rx. But they've yet to return my call!

I don't like the way America's Worst does business! This isn't how you treat people! It takes me awhile to save up $80 but they take it in every 15 minutes! Now I'm divided over going back so they can make it right--doubt it, or the sickening feeling I should just forget it and take the loss of $80 which is a lot to unemployed me, and just take my business elsewhere like to Target as others have said-btw thanks for that. I knew Walmart did vision but Target never crossed my mind. I think I'll check it out if they have a store here that does it. As for America's Worst, I think the doctor decided I cost him too much money waiting another 10 seconds and cancelled my appointment. Greedy sobs. I need that money more than they do.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I've been going to America's Best for over a year now (two eye exams and buying new frames in that time) and I love this place! Easy to get an appointment. Eye exams go smoothly. LOVE their large selection of frames. Was told I'll have my newest pair of glasses within 10 days. I don't have a problem with that. In fact, last year they told me the same thing and I ended up getting them in a week. I have vision insurance and with the exam and progressive lenses and new frames, it cost me around $60 total. I highly recommend AB!

Original review: July 19, 2018

I went into this knowing that the low prices were just a bait and switch to get customers in the door. I expected to still spend less than if I went to LensCrafters, but it really wasn't much cheaper if at all. I have really good insurance, the deal was that if I were to buy two pairs I would get a free eye exam, well apparently if you use insurance and buy two pairs it doesn't count because they charged for the eye exam. Well I still got 20% off the first pair and 50% off the second pair. GREAT, or so I thought. Because when I did the price comparison of insurance vs no insurance, it was around a $5 difference on a bill around $380. I am guessing most customers don't do price checks and think they are getting a better deal than they really are... I also want to point out while I'm making a list, the eye exam was about half an hour later than scheduled, which was a good first impression.

This pricing issue isn't even close to as bad as the rest of my experience from this company. When I bought my pair of glasses I was told that they would be ready in 7-10 business days and sometimes if you order them early enough on a Monday they could be ready on Saturday. Here’s the thing, I told them that when the glasses arrive that they will need to send them to another America's Best eye store, easy enough I thought, it was only two hours away and they agreed. Well 2.5 weeks go by and they finally arrive at the first store (already longer than the longest time) they then tell me they will ship them to the other store and they should be there shortly. Another 2 weeks go by and they just informed me yesterday that they messed up and that NOW they are shipping the glasses to the store. AMAZING.

So a transaction for a simple pair of glasses that was a bait and switch that should have taken about a week has now taken OVER A MONTH. Now, here is where I give this ** show a 1 star. I have talked to countless Customer Service reps and I have never talked to so many rude people in a row. Literally every time I call in it’s the same thing, they are condescending, rude, and absolutely not helpful. I called in to make sure my price was right with insurance because it made no sense of why it was the same price, so instead of just giving me the answer I get lectured on how insurance works, thanks! Again super condescending and I swear to God there wasn't a single person who didn't laugh...

I then called again and asked about what was taking so long, they laugh at me and say "We will call you when it's ready, I don't think we missed a box with your name on it" in a super condescending tone like I'm the dumb one for calling in and asking them where my month old pair of glasses are, my bad. Look, I am normally super supportive of companies making mistakes, it happens and I don't get upset when they do, but from start to finish this company has been completely awful, they didn't do anything correctly, not a single thing! Please avoid this place, I only went because I was recommended by a close family member, but I will not ever go again and I hope that the hundreds of bad reviews for this company will stop you from making the same mistake.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Who has time to write a review because a company doesn't do the right thing? I don't, but here I am hoping to at least help someone out and avoid this provider AT ALL COSTS. My 16 year old son was visiting his dad over Christmas vacation. My ex-husband was taking one of his stepchildren for an eye exam and decided to get one for our son too. My son has worn the same Acuvue contact lenses for 4 years and the strength of his prescription has changed very little in those 4 years. My son came back home and I was not told he was supposed to get a follow up visit. My son used the throw away contacts and then went on to using his regular contacts. He is out of contacts now and I attempted to get his prescription. Here is my experience:

The store 4 hours away reprimands me because they make an assumption and think he has been wearing the same disposable contacts for 6 months! They then tell me I will probably have to pay for a new exam because it has been 6 months and "EYE PRESCRIPTIONS CHANGE DRASTICALLY IN THAT PERIOD OF TIME." I am disgusted with this response. I call a store close to our residence and am told they can't help me. It has been "too long" and he needs a new prescription. Of course, I have been put on hold several times before I am given this response.

I call customer care and WHAT A JOKE. I first talk to Terry, who interrupts me to ask why I think my ex-husband would withhold information from me. What??? How is that even relevant? I then tell her I am an attorney so I have read the law pertaining to contact lens prescriptions. She then tells me she is going to terminate the call because she can't talk to me in an "attorney capacity." Again, what??? I tell her she can't refuse to talk to a parent. I am angry at this point and say this is BS one time and she then says she is going to terminate the call because of "incessant cursing." Again, what? She is looking for any way to terminate the call.

I then ask for a supervisor and get "Barbara" who also tries to hang up on me because I am an attorney. Barbara makes me spell my last name multiple times and tells me I am not going to get anywhere being angry. Just saying that I did not call angry, but became extremely angry with all the interruptions and irrelevant questions. I am now waiting for a phone call from James ** who is supposed to be a district manager but probably won't call me. I was not given a number to try to reach him because they do not allow "cold calling." Is this place really a business still??

And just so everyone can be informed, there is a law called the FCLCA which outlines what a provider can and can't do with respect to a contact lens exam. You do NOT have to be an attorney to read this law, just Google it. I believe every single person should be informed as to what their rights are. Being an attorney is no special license to knowledge. I am sure they wanted to hang up on me because they don't want anyone to know they are violating Federal law. Just be aware they will want to hang up on you when you say you have read the law. Contact lens prescriptions are good for a MINIMUM of one year FROM THE DATE they are written. I am sure that is why they want to try to get more money from me. In addition, if you have worn the same contacts, a FITTING follow-up appointment is not necessary and is viewed as a means to withhold your prescription.

I am now going to take my son to Target, where he has gone for the past 3 years and who have always been super nice and helpful. Their contact lens exam is the exact same cost as America's Best. PLEASE, PLEASE do not give this terrible company your business. I honestly do not understand how they can still be in business. I am also contacting the Missouri Attorney General to file a complaint.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Well I went in to buy glasses for my son and I. I was expecting to spend about 200 to 300 dollars. If the sale was for 69.99 for 2 pairs of glasses. I thought the price would be a little higher. HOWEVER! I paid 644 dollars. CAUTION: They send you straight to the eye exam then you see the glasses, then they give you the prices. If you see the glasses, they are 69.99, but it's the regular plastic glass. So I paid 75 for nonreflective. Additional 135 for polycarbon. So at the end they told me it will take at least 2 weeks to get here???? I will never shop here again. CAUTION expect to pay a lot for your 2 pair of glasses that are advertised for 69.99 for 2 pairs.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Update: 17 July I have to return to Bellevue Eyecare because May ** had me meet her at Olive Garden in Clarksville Tennessee to look through my damaged lenses and mark them because she thought my transition was too low? When I picked up my order up my three frames with two lenses two months into the order and wore them for the first time holding my head normally everything is blurry, having to tilt my head down to see anything is so ridiculous. I almost feel like she did this on purpose, so fuming mad that this horrible experience is continuing and she has ZERO consequences. With May ** not forcing customers hands when lenses come in defective to call their insurance company and beg for a second pair for free. With May ** not telling customers she only makes money when customers don’t use their insurance company to pay for their lenses and then pressure sells you to buy more at your expense.

I started dealing with May ** through Chart Optical 8 May 2018 and ended up with her through Bellevue Eyecare Center. I wanted to purchase Gilda Lafont frames and Lafont gave me Chart Optical as one of three that could order these frames for me as they are being discontinued. I ordered two at first. The black and gold and the red, when those two came in I ordered the ones I'd already had again the pink and black (seemingly weren't available when I initially ordered). Two of the three frames were damaged and had to be reordered, the pink and black came in missing a nose pad according to May which she said is "no big deal".

Then my lenses were ordered and came in also damaged, this is when my hand was forced, MANY texts from May. She told me I needed to order two other lenses by the 16th of June (deadline), this must be where she was going to make her money. Later when we (my husband and I) spoke to Dr. **, he said I wasn't even supposed to pay for the frames until they came in and it was up to me whether I ordered more lenses or not which I knew but she was "hard selling" and had an intimidating manner about her. She wanted to meet me near my home to look through the lenses to see if they were correct? Then wanted to put my old prescription in the red frames sitting at the table in Olive Garden? I found her tactics very odd, my appointment at Bellevue for the eye exam and to see the frames went on five hours, how ridiculous. She was up and down and helping others as well as me?

It's now 3 July 2018 and I was just told today everything is in and ready for me to pick up, three frames and two with lenses and Dr. ** took my prescription from December from another optician and made them current I suppose for all the trouble but really that comes out of Dr. ** pocket not ** so not sure why he made it seem as if they took care of it? Now the optician I had is short with me because of all this and I will have to find another. This was a nightmare and I'm not done because I still have to pick everything up and pray it's all correct and in top condition. I never have had this sort of trouble with trying to SIMPLY buy frames and lenses. NO APOLOGY FROM MAY ** EITHER!

Original review: July 6, 2018

I have been going to the same America's Best for several years now, I have always had a great experience, very friendly and helpful staff, prices for my prescription are literally hundreds of dollars cheaper with them! Jeanette at store 5744 was very knowledgeable and got me the best price for my glasses today! Thank you!

Original review: July 3, 2018

I chose a pair of frames to have made for sunglasses. When I returned to pick them up, they had to be returned because one of the lens did not fit the frame properly. The asst. manager was very polite and stating the frame could be returned to correct the problem. However, I noticed the frames did not look like the ones I had chosen. When the glasses returned, I mentioned they did not look like the frame I had chosen. A salesperson directed me to the frames, which were in a different area of the store and in a section with cheaper frames. The ones I had chosen were in the designer area. I suggest that everyone TAKE A PICTURE and verify any SKU or style nos. on the frames you have chosen to purchase and compare the information before completing the sale and leave the store. The frames they said I had chosen had a different purchase amount on them and looked cheesy, however, I was so frustrated, I did not continue the discussion.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information