1.46/5
Based on 98 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

793 America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

They don't honor their warranty! I bought a pair of Tapout brand frames from them, with a one year warranty. On my 11 month, the plastic side arm broke. As I travel for work, I don't see any of these stores along the international highways. I went to a different location on my 11 month to alert them of the issue in Orlando, he said that I have to wait for a matching pair to come in, uhm ok.

Contacted them 2 times since then. Now I go back to the original store, she tells me they are discounted and tries to SELL me a new pair. Bottom line, you're overpaying, poor service, poor quality, they're not keeping their word on paper. Just a poor company. And she tells me that they are sister company to Eyeglass World. Research it, National Vision Inc. I would just avoid all 5 brands of their stores, all bad reviews. This is not a fake review. My experience is true. The reviews were researched on internet through several different providers.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Had an appointment at 11 am...was finally seen at 2 pm. The staff were ignorant and inattentive. I have Humana insurance for vision and they wouldn't even look at my insurance. It was 'too much trouble ' for them to do so. I paid around 90.00 and the prescriptions are WRONG. Way too strong or distorted for my eyes. Both pairs. I would warn the public that America's Best is a bad company. Don't know why my glasses were wrong but I can't use them without a headache. Bah. Go to a legitimate vision company and bypass this joint.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2018

6-11-18 America's Best 2 for $69.95 glasses including exam is a scam. I chose 2 frames from the $69.95 section but because they were from the green section instead of the yellow section, the frames turned out to be $104.95 AND I thought the lens were covered but I was charged per lens, not per frame so that is a $45 charge per lens which is $180 but you do get a small discount. None of this is in small print about the $69.95 special nor is it explained that you have to pay $45 per lens since I had to choose a 22% Verilite lens with protective cover instead of coke bottle lens because the wireframes are not conducive to regular plastic lens. They charge for everything and it is basically a bait and switch program. I should not have to pay any more than $100 for both pair and Verilite lens.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I have better things to do than to write reviews but this is too much. I have never had glasses and I know I needed them since my eyesight has been getting poorer with each passing year. I am a newbie to glasses so I fell for this one. As advertised for 69 dollars a free eye exam and two pair of glasses. In my naive thought pattern 2 pair of glasses means 2 frames with the lenses intact. Why is it not advertised as free eye exam and two glasses frames for $69.00 plus the cost of the lenses. And if you want frames that are better than the 3d glasses frames you get at the movies then be prepared to pay for it.

Also, the doctor was so rude. He acted like I was denying I needed glasses. He said people come in and say they don't need glasses but he proves to them in his high and mighty position that they do, and proceeds to tell me how wrong I am in my denial. I came because I needed glasses, and apparently critically, because I didn't see the other person in the room he must have been talking too. This is bait and switch advertisement. I don't blame the rude people at this location but be prepared to pay the additional cost if you fall for this one, both for enduring the insult to your intelligence and your pocket book. I was out the door for just under $200.00.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I ordered my glasses & could not find a nice pair of frames, they had so many that were almost the same. The name brand section did not even have a nice selection. Anyway I settled for the only 1 pair in the store I thought were nice & seems like they should be for almost $350.00. I waited almost 2 weeks & then returned to pick them up. It was a hot sunny day so when I picked them up I didn't realize how dark they had made the tint. By the time it started getting darker, I started realizing this tint were TOO dark.

The next day I went to work & it was not a good experience to work a day on the computer with these glasses that were almost shades for outside, so I returned to the store the next day & returned them asking for the tint to be lightened. They said they would & I would have them back in 3-4 days. After they confirmed they messed the lenses up while fixing the tint, a week & 1/2 later I returned to get my glasses. Took them home & wore them for about 3-4 days, the next day went to put them on & the arm broke off. I was not happy to say the least. So I had to choose another pair hoping they would not be as cheaply made as these ones I chose first, so almost 2 more weeks without them I came back to pickup the new glasses. I picked them up & took them home.

After about 2-days I realized the arms on these things were super long, they were literally hanging out, sticking out of my hair! I thought, "WTH is wrong with these frames?" I compared them to the last 2 pair of glasses I bought (not from here) And the arms were so much shorter. I never saw such long arms. I again returned to the store to see what can be done. They took them & bent the arms down to be tucked behind the ears & said, "Try them for a week & let me know." I left & never made it out of the parking lot. They were still super long of course & awkward. They were now rubbing my head when I looked left or right while driving. I brought them right back in & they said to pick another pair but this was the last time they could change them for me. Well what a slap in the face, almost $350 I paid & have not been satisfied as of yet & the issues were on their end, not mine. I was so upset!

I ended up settling for another pair I did not like because the arms were shorter. So I went ahead & processed my ugly glasses & waited about a week this time, then picked them up. So after wearing these for a week, I am experiencing pain on my left ear. The right was fine. However I hate this store so much I don't even want to go back & deal with the BS again, so I have now reverted back to my old glasses which the prescriptions is not strong enough & I can't see well. So I am out all that money & don't have a good pair of glasses to show for it. SMH. The worst glasses experience I have ever had. I will not return to purchase anything from there again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: May 21, 2018

I've been going to America's Best for about 15 years now and never get vision insurance through work since America's Best has always been cheaper. I have slight astigmatism, but that has never caused my eyewear to cost more than the deal. Also. I always pick out 2 pair strictly from the $69.95 section only. Today, I was told my vision has improved. So, why was my total $295??? I will NEVER return to America's Best and will invest in LASIK surgery after this ripoff.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I was at America's Best on 5/18/18. At 6:30 PM. With my husband. To pick up our contacts and our glasses. The manager on call that night was nasty and just plain unprofessional. She was bending over in my husband's face several times saying "see how flexible I am". Told him he could have our glasses for free if he sexed her for them. Asked if he was breastfeed. As my husband told me what she was saying. The lady called my husband a liar. A ** couple came in and the other associate that was cleaning in the back came in and helped them. He must have a slight hearing problem.

I called him like twice and he finally answered me. I told him what was said and he told me that he would let someone know. But the ** lady overheard me. And she called customer service. Right then and there. I walked out to get my purse. And this woman just won't stop. She locked the door on me. Knowing I was a customer. Told me I can come back on Monday. Meanwhile. She walked my husband out the back door. and was told that she was undauntedly touching him every step of the way. Making it like she didn't do it on purpose. Like it was all an accident.

Original review: May 19, 2018

My wife and I went to America's Best in Roanoke Va., on April 24, 2018 for eye exams and I received new glasses. My wife needed to have cataract surgery. They charged her for an eye exam and none was performed. I was charged with an eye exam, and two pair of glass frames $59.00 Ea. The advertisement is a joke, you do not get free eye exam, no one explained why, you do not get 2 pair of eyeglasses as they advertised. The people working in the office told my wife no money can be refunded, she could pick out 2 pair of eyeglass, for the eye exam. My wife and I paid $353.00 for the service they performed. Would not recommend this company for any future service. This company was only interested in if you have insurance.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Went end of 2017 to use up my Vision insurance and America's Best called insurance and confirmed the bill was covered. Then 4 month later, send bill to me for $37.51. Called them and asked for explanation, and month later sent another bill for $37.51. So I feel they dinged me for extra money, and will never use them again.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Have been buying glasses from a store in the mall for 20 years. I went into America's Best. Had free eye exam, told Dr. I was skeptical of the prescription. I had not ever successfully corrected my astigmatism so we set it at the lowest correction. Purchased promotional 2 pair deal of their HD Max progressive and transitional lenses. They were less than the 1 pair at the mall store and a free exam. It took me a week and a bottle of aspirin but I see out of them perfectly and they are very cute.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Once you show up after having an appointment it is different. Rude person to see what you want you see a very rude Asian lady doctor by the name of ** or that's how they pronounce it. Then after all that they tell you it takes two weeks to get your eyeglasses. I will never go there again. 1 star is really too much for them and the service.

Original review: May 8, 2018

It's a lie to get you in their store! What I mean is the discount is a ploy to hook you into coming in and then the COSTS keep going up! My mother went in and they told her because of her astigmatism she don't qualify for this deal! She was charged for the exam and it was not free! She only got one pair of glasses! Her final price for all was $275.00. I myself needed glasses so I tried to get the deal! Same thing! I didn't qualify because of an astigmatism! Was charged for the exam because I didn't qualify because of the astigmatism. Only got one pair and it cost 159.99 for the frames. The lenses cost $99.00 and when all was said and done my final charge was $327.00.

Four weeks later when they arrived it was very blurry and had to redo the exam! 4 weeks later again it was incorrect again so another exam and this time I had to tell the guy what I expected to see correctly and with luck this time it was right but it took 3 months for it to finally get done correctly! I have asked many people about America's Worst and all never qualified for this fake ** deal! If it sounds too good to be true it usually is! When I hear the name America's Best, I now say you mean America's Worst! This was 2 and 1/2 years ago so I do not have the paperwork anymore!

Original review: May 6, 2018

I would like to compliment Jenny at the Center City Philadelphia store (Walnut St) for the outstanding, professional, and effective way she assisted me when replacing my eye care. She helped me with patience. Look at all my options, she is an asset to the human race but especially to America's Best.

Original review: May 3, 2018

My wife and I had went to America's Best and was 100% satisfied with the prices and quality. The staff and customer services was without a doubt exceeded our expectations. I would definitely recommend everyone to come in and see for yourself the great experience you will have.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Fayetteville, NC... I too should have read some of the reviews before walking into an America's Best Store. I initially found this company online because I was looking for new glasses at a less expensive price without insurance. I found on the website that I could get 2 pairs of progressive bifocals for a total of $188.45. I was unsure of ordering online without trying the frames on first, so my boyfriend and I decided to go to our nearest America's Best which is located in Fayetteville, NC. As soon as we walked in we were greeted by what I later found out was the Manager, Crystal. I explained what I was looking for and gave her my prescription, she told me to find the frames I wanted while she entered my prescription. (At this point I had not told her that I had already gotten a price online.)

Once I found the frames I wanted (Same ones I'd found online), I sat down with her, she entered all of my info in the computer and told me that my total would be $287, to which I responded, "How is that, I can get the same exact thing online for $188.45." She wanted to know if I could show that to her, at which time I pulled the email up on my phone and showed her (I had the exact same thing in my cart online as she had entered in the system for me). She then asked if I had a coupon, I say no. She asked if I could print that for her, she sets me up on a computer at another station so that I could print my cart from the online store SHE works for! We then ask why there were two sets of prices: one online/one in store in which she responded with she didn't know.

In the end I paid the online price for the glasses (Online and in store prices are SUPPOSED to be the same). HERE'S THE KICKER: Once I got home I sat down and figured out the price difference and it is as follows: Frames In Store: $59.95 PER PAIR. Frames Online: $34.97 PER PAIR. Lens In Store: $79.00 PER PAIR. Lens Online: $79 First Pair, $39.50 Second Pair. So, all in all, I was not getting the "2 pair for $60" like she told me I was in the store, but I did online!! You can get a better deal when you order online!!!

Original review: April 20, 2018

The staff at America's best are Compassionate, professional, courteous and knowledgeable. The Prescription that I received from my Optometrist was too strong, Heather at America's Best went above and beyond to make sure that I received another eye exam and that the glasses I ordered were correct. She worked tirelessly for 4 weeks until I was completely satisfied. I love this place and will continue to endorse America's Best to my family, friends and co-workers.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I wish I would have read the reviews on America’s Best before I made the mistake of going there. They have tons of extra charges for their “free” exam and when I finally got in to get checked the “doctor” checked my eyes for maybe 2 minutes tops. Prescription is completely wrong but yet they won’t let me redo the exam. They say they’re fine and I’ll get use to the contacts and glasses I made the HUGE mistake of buying. The only thing they’ve done is give me bad headaches and make my eyes hurt. Unfortunately I can’t afford to go to a real eye doctor at this time and I wasted $400 on these people. I even paid extra to get free exams over the next year but they say the doctor was right and I’m wrong. Because apparently I don’t know my own eyes. Don’t waste your time and money. This place is a complete joke. I didn’t even mention the fact that my glasses (that were supposed to be there in 7 to 10 days) took almost a month to get in.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I went to pick up glasses for my son and follow up appointment for myself. It took them 10 mins to find my son’s glasses because they had them under a different name. Then the girl turns around and tells me you are 10 mins late for your appointment. I thought it was a joke. I tried to explain to her that she had me waiting for find the glasses and I was paying for her own mistake. She refused to check me in and had me reschedule! Also I paid extra for “premium” glasses. Flimsy and I am returning them. Not going to that store again.

Original review: April 6, 2018

These are the worst glasses I have ever had in my life. I have been wearing glasses for over 30 years and I have never had glasses like the ones from there. The lenses had a strange film on them that would not come off, it was like looking through a fog. While trying to clean that fog off the classes they broke! They literally snapped! I have never broke a pair glasses in my life cleaning a lens, and I know how to handle glasses. I will never buy glasses or any of their products again.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Every time I go to this place it's a hassle to get my prescription. First... I'm a single parent of a special needs child. My time is not easy to make vision exams or any other doctor appointments. But then to have to go back a 2nd or even a 3rd time, it's just plain annoying. Then, they never have “Trial” contacts in stock. If you know that all your patients will need trials to see first if the prescription is correct, then why not have “Trials” in stock. I can’t get the prescription after I already did the exam. I have to wait to be seen by the doctor again with the trial contacts. Really? Why? I've been wearing contacts for over 30 years. I should not have to wait for another appointment. They should see me for a second, “How do they feel” and that’s it… I should not have to wait. I already did the appointment and waited… Now they want me to keep waiting or make another appointment.

I will not be able to notice on a pickup of new trial contacts right off if they are correct. I have to drive, work, etc. with them on to see the prescription works for me. I want my prescription… upon an exam. This back and forth is ridiculous. It’s the only place where I have received an eye exam that does this. By the time you get your prescription or etc., a month has passed from the back and forth.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Moline IL America's Best - I wish I'd read these reviews before I bought two pairs of glasses. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the glasses themselves are poor quality. The nose pieces -- those cheap little plastic discs that hold your glasses snug -- are sharp. They can't even use ones with rounded edges? You can get those for free at just about any optometrist's office. I've had my glasses for three weeks and already a screw has come loose and I'll have to take them in to be tightened. It will probably happen again and again. As far as the price goes, I knew that $69.95 price for two pairs would not pan out. By the time progressive lenses, anti-glare coating and other stuff was added, I paid almost $400.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I purchased the 2 year membership plan. Purchased contacts and glasses. Contacts were fine. Glasses were not very good. The most uncomfortable eyeglasses I've ever owned. Dug into nose and ears, no matter the adjustments. But the worst part was no matter or how I cleaned them, it was like looking thru a fog. I took glasses in, complained, receptionist acted like they were scratched. No... They are foggy. She tried to act like they were improperly cleaned. I stated they were cleaned with lens cleaner, and lens cloth washed in free and clear laundry. Stumped her. Because of membership stupid me, purchased 2nd pair. Same thing... One big fog. I have been wearing glasses for 47 years. These are simply bad and unacceptable glasses. Do not shop here. Take your prescription elsewhere.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I was so mad. My son’s living in Texas so on his visit to Colorado to see me I took him here paid for the club membership and it gives three free contact eyeglass exams. I paid and know I paid and explained to dad of my son how it works etc and lady said, “Oh we can ship to Texas. He can pick his glasses up there at location,” now he was taken to get contacts. They say they see no charges for the club membership. Wow. I said, "Really." I’m so appalled at this. Angry and disappointed I said, “Maybe you need to keep a better eye on your employees taking large amounts of cash.”

Original review: March 27, 2018

I called before I went to the store to make sure the information was correct. I needed progressive lenses and was told it would be $99.00. Took me awhile but found the two pairs I liked. Then they showed me 5 types of progressive lens pictures which showed peripheral vision and how much I would be able to see with the different lenses. Of course the most expensive lens had the better picture. I thought the choice was no line or progressive. Can anyone explain this to me? After they had 3 different woman sit with me I felt the pressure of buying a new car. I walked away not making a purchase. I have been buying progressive lenses for many years and have never come across this problem before.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I had my appointment on July of 2017 and I didn't receive until END OF OCTOBER! The staff at the Forestville Md location are terrible, the doctors give you a cookie cutter exam and get angry when you call them on THEIR mistakes. Long story short I was told I needed bifocals without being examined proper. After sitting with the tech Kenzo and discussing what I wanted and picking frames and tint I went to get them (first time) and they had sunshades tint and single lens, they took them back and I requested another exam be done because I still couldn't see. The next dr did the exact same thing (made me read eye chart) but did another step to measure me for bifocals, when I told her the first dr didn't do that she asked me how did she know I needed them. I sat AGAIN and put in the order.

Three weeks passed and I called and ask if they were done, they said they were but when I got there they weren't, they came the following week and I STILL COULDN'T SEE out of them, so they adjust them and found out the numbers weren't right SO THEY HAD TO GO BACK AGAIN... I come for the last time I thought and they had the WRONG GLASSES. By now I'm LIVID but told to come back the following week. I did and this time they were there. I still couldn't see clear and I was then told to wear them for a while. I did, I then in December wrote a letter to corporate. They never responded, so then in February I called and they had the location call back. Talking with them resolved nothing.

They finally called and said they will refund my money. Just bring the glasses back. I asked them how will I see! I told them ALL I WANTED was for them to cover the cost of another eye exam at ANOTHER location and to that I was told. "YOU'RE FREE TO GO WHERE YOU LIKE BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY!" They made the multiple mistakes. NOT ME. now I did make them eat the rest of the cost because of their mistakes.

America's best is the eyewear is the ADVENTURE DENTAL OF EYEWEAR. There is so much more I could say but it would take all day. I will be paying to see A REAL optometrist and once I receive glasses I can use I will definitely give them these back... The only thing is I actually love the designer frames I purchased. Just know if you ever go to that location be prepared to WAIT AND WATCH THEM TALK LAUGH AND EAT AT THE FRONT DESK in front of waiting and frustrated customers... The worst. If I could give a negative 0 I would!

Original review: March 15, 2018

I went to America's Best on Marketplace in Grand Ledge, MI. in September 2017 for new glasses. Three very nice employees helped me pick out my frames, without any request from me for help. I told them I had only worn titanium frames in the past, but was open to other styles. They thought I should consider plastic frames and picked out 4 or 5 for me to consider. I chose one of their suggestions. I was happy with the look and style. After I received my glasses and was fitted with them. I noticed they wouldn't stay in place. I went back to the store a total of 6 times in the next month to have them heated and adjusted. I told them several times how unhappy I was and questioned why I was having so much țrouble. I asked if I had made a poor choice and should I reconsider. They kept reassuring me that I just needed more adjustment.

I finally gave up going back and just tried using rubber bands, tape, and putty for 5 months. Today I went back for another adjustment, the nice young lady told me plastic frames have a history of loosening up from the heat of your face. No one mentioned pros or cons when "helping me" pick frames. Nor did anyone mention this during all the adjustments. I noticed their sign that said they would do what it takes to make it right. I asked about this and the manager stated it was only for 30 days and they wouldn't do anything at this point. No one made any effort to inform me at any of these adjustments that I could get different frames if these weren't working. I will not be a customer of theirs again. Lesson learned. I am now an informed consumer and will go elsewhere for my glasses.

Original review: March 14, 2018

It felt like a bait and switch. They lure you in with a get 2 pair of glasses for $69 or some other low $ amount plus a free eye exam and then start doing all the add ons. Before you know it your $400 into a single pair of glasses. Not much of a savings if you ask me. There is no adjustment of the glasses when you pick them up either just a remark to try them for 72 hours and you have 30 days to return them. I will never use them again or recommend them to anyone!

Original review: March 14, 2018

I will detail this by each visit. Visit 1: This was at the McDonough location in Ga, it was great, everyone was very professional, hell I even went for the up-sale of HD lenses. Everyone from the receptionist to the doctor were great. But this was at this location. Visit 2: Now I live closer to Macon location but at the time they were booked so that's why I went to the McDonough location. 50 miles away. But it was time for another exam and the Macon location has a spot open. It took the reception almost 20 minutes to even find that I has made an appointment and made the argument that I didn't make one, but after finally finding it, there was no apology from her for her mistake. The DR was pretty much just doing his job. When I went out for a fitting, the woman has no idea what she was doing, she then called another person to help her.

After an hour and picking out 2 frames they said I could pick them up in 7 days. 10 Days had passed and no phone call. I called up to see what was going on and they said it would be another 5 days. After another 5 days they were done. The lenses were cloudy and unclean. Visit 3: The frames had become loose after a month so I went to have them tighten. They told me they would have to take out the lenses to get this done. It would take 5 days. After 5 days I went there and the lady presented me with lenses...just lenses no frames! I said, "Where are my frames?" She said "don't you want new lenses?" Ok...first off what the hell am I supposed to do with just a pair of lenses and no frames if that was the case?!?! I had to wait an additional 10 days to get my frames back with the lenses in them! I get there and guess what...wrong frames. They has no idea what happened to them. How in the hell in a professional setting do you just lose frames.

This made no sense at all. They told me it would take about 5 days to find the type of frames I had before because they no longer had those types available in the store. After 5 days, no call. I went up to the store and they of course has no idea what I was talking about, it took them 30 min to find someone who was working the day I had came in. They said it would be another 5 days. After another 5 days, I went up and they didn't find the type of frames I had before. I gave up. Please. I know that 2 pair of glasses and a free eye exam sounds like a deal but you are getting what you pay for! Cheap deal. Cheap service. Very unprofessional. Horrible staff.

Original review: March 9, 2018

1st visit. There was a box on the counter marked in bold letters, Frames 50 percent off! After choosing a pair I was told, "I'm sorry. Those frames are not discounted. That's just a box where we put the frames once we're finished with a customer!" I was like What! Why are they sitting up on the front desk as the first thing I would see when I walked in the door! They never called me like they said they would once my glasses were ready, after waiting... I called inquiring about them and was told they weren't in and they may be on the next shipment. My response was filled with sadness because the glasses I was using while I waited for my new pair had just broke! The young lady said "well hold on Mrs." I was on hold less than 2 mins when she returned and said "they're here Mrs. You can come and pick them up!"

Visit 2. When I got there she said only three of the four pair I purchased were in, two pair for me and two pair for my daughter! So once again I was told, "We will call you when your daughter's 2nd pair arrives." Two weeks later I received no call. By week four I decided to just go up there without calling. Visit 3. I was asked, "Did anyone call you, saying your glasses were here?" I replied, "No," after looking thru things she said, "Ma'am they might be coming on our next shipment." MY reaction this time was frustration! I explained to her how long ago I placed the order and that 3 pair I have received, but the fourth pair I'm still waiting! She looked in the computer, then she looked in the cabinet again and what do you know she had them! This was a trouble experience not to mention. Both restrooms were out of order!

Original review: March 8, 2018

I ordered glasses on 02/01/2018 and they still dont know why. When I call the staff says it's not there, and then the Very Rude Manager says it was delivered. 1 month for glasses is a long time. Unfortunately, I previously bought that expensive package. Every eyeglasses broke in 1 week. Only because of the expensive 3 year program I bought, they replaced the glasses 3 times. Finally I was told that the glasses they sold me were trash, and they gave me another pair (that one broke in one week). I don't have time to go to this place every time these glasses break.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information