1.46/5
Based on 99 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

810 America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I called America's Best to make an appointment for an eye exam and to inquire about the two pair with free eye exam for $69.99. I ask if I could get the two pair with free eye exam and a contact lens exam. The person on the phone said, "Sure." I made the appointment. During my appointment I again ask about the two pair with free exam for $69.99, and I also wanted contact lenses prescription. The doctor said, "Yes of course." The exam went okay, not very professional. So when all was complete and I went to check out, the checkout girl was very rude and informed me that since I had a contact exam I did not qualify for the two pair. I explained to her that I had ask the receptionist and also ask they doctor and both said yes I could still get the deal. She got very rude and told me it did not work that way.

So I left, to return a week later to pick up my contact lenses, the girl basically threw the pack at me and said, "See ya." I said, "No. Never again." Only gave one star because it was required to give at least one star. This place doesn't deserve any stars... I'm a very dissatisfied customer... will never recommend this place to anyone. Thanks for nothing America's Best for America's worst.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I purchased 4 pairs of glasses in Lake Worth, TX store. I returned about 1 months later complaining about a hazy, rainbow is (multi-colored film on the lenses). I also purchased 2 bootlegs of their cleaner upon the suggestions of the sales girl. She showed me how to fully spray the lenses until they were dripping and wipe with the special glasses cloth that came with each pair. I did so every time I cleaned them and constantly because they never appeared clean while looking through the lenses! I have worn reading glasses all my life! These are the first pairs (I spent over 1,200.00 for these) of glasses I could never see out of the lenses.

I told the salesgirl this and she said I was not cleaning them properly making me look like a fool in front of many other onlooking customers. She told me that I needed to have them buffed out and went off on a tangent about me not purchasing an extended warranty. The only pair that I could see out of was the sunglasses and they have a total different lens finish. Never purchase from product. They are inferior product and I just wrote to corporate and they will not even repair one set of glasses. Never again will this company get my business.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I’ve been to the store twice. The first time I fell for their hard sell gimmick and bought the anti-glare. It was a joke. The second time I went, I refused the upgrades. The woman taking our payment got visibly upset... (maybe working on commission?) She said to me...”You won’t be able to see properly unless you get these upgrades!” I said, "I just had an eye exam from your Doctor. I better be able to see properly just the way they are!” She then got angry, and spent at least 2 minutes furiously typing notes on my account. Two minutes is a long time. Needless to say, I can’t see with either of the glasses, and they slip off of my face at work. Very embarrassing. I WILL NEVER GO BACK!! Unfortunately, it’s true. You get what you pay for. In this store, PURE GARBAGE. Or BASURA.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Eye exam doctor was good. Rest of store very poor. No customer service or respect glasses had to be returned. Poor fitting on lenses, second pair anti glare sucks getting headaches. Called store. No return call from them. Will Never go to America's Best. Again the worst.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I went to America's Best, because of a family member's referral, although I was warned about their prolonged time period of receiving your glasses. Upon my first visit, I was given the wrong prescription, for my glasses. I was called and told they were ready for p/u, so I go in, and the normal routine of trying them on, I could not see clearly, and told them, it was blurry, and that I could see better with my old glasses. This was ignored, and I was told, "Wear them a couple weeks, you need to adjust, this is a new prescription," I had to return. One of the staff told me, "The other doctor is better, we can have him check you, possibly correct the problem."

I should mention, before I finalize my experience, is the person that does the routine work-up before you see the Dr., I told this person several time, that I could not read the chart from my left eye, because of a cataract, but she continue to ask me to read the chart. This really upset me, she has no professional are knowledge of doing a pre-check, because if she did, this would not have occurred, and "oh yes" she had a smile on her face, in regards to my humility. I was offered a refund, but the manager kept telling me, it would take a long time for my insurance to credit my account, before I could see another Dr., and that I could see their other doctor on staff, and that he was better. I reluctantly agreed to do so. I have not received my glasses, it has been about 10 days. I will not return to America's Best ever again. Hopefully, I see clearly with these glasses.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: July 23, 2018

I first went to the shop to view their selection based on a co-workers recommendations; I saw several pair I liked too so I scheduled an exam. The exam was $49, but when I sat down I was told it was for prescription only and not the additional glaucoma, night vision and other tests normally done during an exam, it would be $20 extra. They were not done by the Dr; I wish I had walked out at that point but I agreed and stayed. The eye DR went through my exam very quickly and I was a bit concerned. Then when I went out to pick up frames, everyone was really busy but I was OK, I tried on many pairs and had about half dozen when I finally had someone to help me.

She then told me they were all male glasses and that's why they were so large, (she had been watching me try on glasses for past half hour) but she couldn't find anything similar in women's glasses, except two pair that I wasn't too crazy about, she didn't seem too interested in looking any further; so I asked her an estimate with my strong prescription, I believe it was over $350! Then I decided I didn't want to do business there and would go somewhere else even though I’d now have to pay the $65 for the quick exam. So I went to another eyeglass store and the women was super helpful, let me try on dozens of glasses and stayed with me to help eliminate a pair a time. The price was around $300 with discounts added and took about 10 days to get.

Now I have a real problem, the prescription is awful my perception is off, I get dizzy I can’t read at a computer, I hadn't been working and was using my iPhone and iPad and now that I'm back on a desktop computer, I'm having a hard time! I kept thinking I would get used to the glasses, I took them back to where I got the lenses and they confirmed they matched the prescription. I don't know if America's Best will make good on the bad prescription and pay for the replacement.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Our family has purchased glasses from America's Best In past years. We have been satisfied. In May my grandson (age 25) went to America's Best for an eye exam and purchased two pairs of glasses, one being a pair of sunglasses. He had a difficult time finding a frame for his regular eyeglasses. The selection for men's glasses was very poor. He finally located a pair, but stated to the worker that they felt like they were too small. They assured him they were not. He returned for adjustments four times. The temples were too short and were causing sores behind his ears. They continued to adjust them, telling him they were fine!!! They continued to be very painful.

On one of his visits one employee stated they might have to find another frame for him. When he returned and mentioned that he needed another frame, his glasses were again adjusted and told that his glasses were being adjusted by the best person possible!!! This adjustment changed nothing for him, they continued to be painful. I was with my grandson during this last visit. I mentioned that I thought the temples were too short. I was quickly told that I did not know what I was talking about. My grandson had to order new glasses from another optical shop. We were told by this optical shop that not only were the temples too short, the frame was too small for him. The money spent at America's Best is lost. We got nothing for our money. We will never return to America's Best.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Add my name to the list of dissatisfied customers. I don't like the all too familiar sick feeling of knowing a company isn't going to do anything to fix it and make it right and I'm out the $80 and have to start all over again! My situation may be slightly different but it doesn't matter because you'll see that their poor treatment is the same for me as it is for all the others on here giving it one star or zero if we could! My appointment was last Friday. I was impressed by how nice the place looked and how hi-tech it was. The girl at the front desk was nice and helpful. Gave me the form to fill out and I sat down and did. A lot of questions, so it took me a bit to finish it. I wasn't quite done, she came back and said, "That's ok if you don't finish." She wasn't rude about it, but I didn't want to give it unfinished like that. What's the rush?

I sat there and waited another few minutes before a young guy came to get me for my tests. He was mostly pleasant but he was telling me what date it was when I already knew and there was a bit of a life lecture on how a day can be good or bad which I didn't need coming from someone 3 decades younger than I. He also said he needed the black spoon used to cover one eye back which I told him I have plenty spoons at home and wasn't gonna take theirs. He said, "Well a lot do," and I said, "Don't group me with them." I don't like the common view that if one is a thief everyone else must be too. That's not how I was raised. All this was minor compared to what was to come.

Dr. called me in for the other eye tests. Most went fine but at one point he said, "No. Raise your chin not your whole head." I didn't like that. He told me I'd be a better fit for glasses than contacts and kept asking why I didn't want glasses. I said because I came there for contacts and I never have liked wearing glasses as I pull them off my face a lot. There's an old saying: Just because one person jumps off a bridge, does that mean we all have to? Plus, I didn't want to look like their mascot owl. He showed me a test and had me read it and said, "That's 20-20 or 20-40," and I said, "It looks clear to me." He said, "No, you don't understand." I didn't like that. Don't treat me like I'm stupid, I know more than you think; how condescending. He said he could fit me with contacts but my prescription is so minimum that I don't really need them at -.75 in one eye and -.25 in the other.

Somehow my vision improved over 15 years as both those numbers were -1.50 for both eyes. I asked for UltraFlex thins. He said they don't make them anymore. Then why does 1-800 Contacts still show they do? UltraFlex thins are the only contacts I can wear that fit me right and don't bother my eyes like I don't even feel like I'm wearing anything, as it should feel. Since I hadn't worn contacts in years I had a little trouble getting the right eye lens in. He picked up all my stuff and said, "Let's move you out to the waiting area where you can finish putting them in. I have other patients." The solution was dripping all over my papers and the floor. And my lens was still on my finger. Another 10 seconds and I would have had it in but he couldn't wait! Again what's the ** rush?!

I do not like the way this store treats people! It's as rude, if not ruder, than any of the other reviews on here saying the same thing! It's right on par with what the rest of you are saying. The left eye lens doesn't fit me right and when I took out the right eye lens it scratched my eye. Of course I haven't worn them since. They called me to confirm my follow up appointment for Friday - tomorrow and I said, "Yes I'll be there." But then I got an email saying my appointment was cancelled! By who? I did not cancel! I need the contacts to fit right so I can pass renewal of my driver's license. I don't even have my prescription yet which I'm entitled to by law. I called them back and left a voicemail saying I didn't cancel and need my Rx. But they've yet to return my call!

I don't like the way America's Worst does business! This isn't how you treat people! It takes me awhile to save up $80 but they take it in every 15 minutes! Now I'm divided over going back so they can make it right--doubt it, or the sickening feeling I should just forget it and take the loss of $80 which is a lot to unemployed me, and just take my business elsewhere like to Target as others have said-btw thanks for that. I knew Walmart did vision but Target never crossed my mind. I think I'll check it out if they have a store here that does it. As for America's Worst, I think the doctor decided I cost him too much money waiting another 10 seconds and cancelled my appointment. Greedy sobs. I need that money more than they do.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I've been going to America's Best for over a year now (two eye exams and buying new frames in that time) and I love this place! Easy to get an appointment. Eye exams go smoothly. LOVE their large selection of frames. Was told I'll have my newest pair of glasses within 10 days. I don't have a problem with that. In fact, last year they told me the same thing and I ended up getting them in a week. I have vision insurance and with the exam and progressive lenses and new frames, it cost me around $60 total. I highly recommend AB!

Original review: July 19, 2018

I went into this knowing that the low prices were just a bait and switch to get customers in the door. I expected to still spend less than if I went to LensCrafters, but it really wasn't much cheaper if at all. I have really good insurance, the deal was that if I were to buy two pairs I would get a free eye exam, well apparently if you use insurance and buy two pairs it doesn't count because they charged for the eye exam. Well I still got 20% off the first pair and 50% off the second pair. GREAT, or so I thought. Because when I did the price comparison of insurance vs no insurance, it was around a $5 difference on a bill around $380. I am guessing most customers don't do price checks and think they are getting a better deal than they really are... I also want to point out while I'm making a list, the eye exam was about half an hour later than scheduled, which was a good first impression.

This pricing issue isn't even close to as bad as the rest of my experience from this company. When I bought my pair of glasses I was told that they would be ready in 7-10 business days and sometimes if you order them early enough on a Monday they could be ready on Saturday. Here’s the thing, I told them that when the glasses arrive that they will need to send them to another America's Best eye store, easy enough I thought, it was only two hours away and they agreed. Well 2.5 weeks go by and they finally arrive at the first store (already longer than the longest time) they then tell me they will ship them to the other store and they should be there shortly. Another 2 weeks go by and they just informed me yesterday that they messed up and that NOW they are shipping the glasses to the store. AMAZING.

So a transaction for a simple pair of glasses that was a bait and switch that should have taken about a week has now taken OVER A MONTH. Now, here is where I give this ** show a 1 star. I have talked to countless Customer Service reps and I have never talked to so many rude people in a row. Literally every time I call in it’s the same thing, they are condescending, rude, and absolutely not helpful. I called in to make sure my price was right with insurance because it made no sense of why it was the same price, so instead of just giving me the answer I get lectured on how insurance works, thanks! Again super condescending and I swear to God there wasn't a single person who didn't laugh...

I then called again and asked about what was taking so long, they laugh at me and say "We will call you when it's ready, I don't think we missed a box with your name on it" in a super condescending tone like I'm the dumb one for calling in and asking them where my month old pair of glasses are, my bad. Look, I am normally super supportive of companies making mistakes, it happens and I don't get upset when they do, but from start to finish this company has been completely awful, they didn't do anything correctly, not a single thing! Please avoid this place, I only went because I was recommended by a close family member, but I will not ever go again and I hope that the hundreds of bad reviews for this company will stop you from making the same mistake.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Who has time to write a review because a company doesn't do the right thing? I don't, but here I am hoping to at least help someone out and avoid this provider AT ALL COSTS. My 16 year old son was visiting his dad over Christmas vacation. My ex-husband was taking one of his stepchildren for an eye exam and decided to get one for our son too. My son has worn the same Acuvue contact lenses for 4 years and the strength of his prescription has changed very little in those 4 years. My son came back home and I was not told he was supposed to get a follow up visit. My son used the throw away contacts and then went on to using his regular contacts. He is out of contacts now and I attempted to get his prescription. Here is my experience:

The store 4 hours away reprimands me because they make an assumption and think he has been wearing the same disposable contacts for 6 months! They then tell me I will probably have to pay for a new exam because it has been 6 months and "EYE PRESCRIPTIONS CHANGE DRASTICALLY IN THAT PERIOD OF TIME." I am disgusted with this response. I call a store close to our residence and am told they can't help me. It has been "too long" and he needs a new prescription. Of course, I have been put on hold several times before I am given this response.

I call customer care and WHAT A JOKE. I first talk to Terry, who interrupts me to ask why I think my ex-husband would withhold information from me. What??? How is that even relevant? I then tell her I am an attorney so I have read the law pertaining to contact lens prescriptions. She then tells me she is going to terminate the call because she can't talk to me in an "attorney capacity." Again, what??? I tell her she can't refuse to talk to a parent. I am angry at this point and say this is BS one time and she then says she is going to terminate the call because of "incessant cursing." Again, what? She is looking for any way to terminate the call.

I then ask for a supervisor and get "Barbara" who also tries to hang up on me because I am an attorney. Barbara makes me spell my last name multiple times and tells me I am not going to get anywhere being angry. Just saying that I did not call angry, but became extremely angry with all the interruptions and irrelevant questions. I am now waiting for a phone call from James ** who is supposed to be a district manager but probably won't call me. I was not given a number to try to reach him because they do not allow "cold calling." Is this place really a business still??

And just so everyone can be informed, there is a law called the FCLCA which outlines what a provider can and can't do with respect to a contact lens exam. You do NOT have to be an attorney to read this law, just Google it. I believe every single person should be informed as to what their rights are. Being an attorney is no special license to knowledge. I am sure they wanted to hang up on me because they don't want anyone to know they are violating Federal law. Just be aware they will want to hang up on you when you say you have read the law. Contact lens prescriptions are good for a MINIMUM of one year FROM THE DATE they are written. I am sure that is why they want to try to get more money from me. In addition, if you have worn the same contacts, a FITTING follow-up appointment is not necessary and is viewed as a means to withhold your prescription.

I am now going to take my son to Target, where he has gone for the past 3 years and who have always been super nice and helpful. Their contact lens exam is the exact same cost as America's Best. PLEASE, PLEASE do not give this terrible company your business. I honestly do not understand how they can still be in business. I am also contacting the Missouri Attorney General to file a complaint.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Well I went in to buy glasses for my son and I. I was expecting to spend about 200 to 300 dollars. If the sale was for 69.99 for 2 pairs of glasses. I thought the price would be a little higher. HOWEVER! I paid 644 dollars. CAUTION: They send you straight to the eye exam then you see the glasses, then they give you the prices. If you see the glasses, they are 69.99, but it's the regular plastic glass. So I paid 75 for nonreflective. Additional 135 for polycarbon. So at the end they told me it will take at least 2 weeks to get here???? I will never shop here again. CAUTION expect to pay a lot for your 2 pair of glasses that are advertised for 69.99 for 2 pairs.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Update: 17 July I have to return to Bellevue Eyecare because May ** had me meet her at Olive Garden in Clarksville Tennessee to look through my damaged lenses and mark them because she thought my transition was too low? When I picked up my order up my three frames with two lenses two months into the order and wore them for the first time holding my head normally everything is blurry, having to tilt my head down to see anything is so ridiculous. I almost feel like she did this on purpose, so fuming mad that this horrible experience is continuing and she has ZERO consequences. With May ** not forcing customers hands when lenses come in defective to call their insurance company and beg for a second pair for free. With May ** not telling customers she only makes money when customers don’t use their insurance company to pay for their lenses and then pressure sells you to buy more at your expense.

I started dealing with May ** through Chart Optical 8 May 2018 and ended up with her through Bellevue Eyecare Center. I wanted to purchase Gilda Lafont frames and Lafont gave me Chart Optical as one of three that could order these frames for me as they are being discontinued. I ordered two at first. The black and gold and the red, when those two came in I ordered the ones I'd already had again the pink and black (seemingly weren't available when I initially ordered). Two of the three frames were damaged and had to be reordered, the pink and black came in missing a nose pad according to May which she said is "no big deal".

Then my lenses were ordered and came in also damaged, this is when my hand was forced, MANY texts from May. She told me I needed to order two other lenses by the 16th of June (deadline), this must be where she was going to make her money. Later when we (my husband and I) spoke to Dr. **, he said I wasn't even supposed to pay for the frames until they came in and it was up to me whether I ordered more lenses or not which I knew but she was "hard selling" and had an intimidating manner about her. She wanted to meet me near my home to look through the lenses to see if they were correct? Then wanted to put my old prescription in the red frames sitting at the table in Olive Garden? I found her tactics very odd, my appointment at Bellevue for the eye exam and to see the frames went on five hours, how ridiculous. She was up and down and helping others as well as me?

It's now 3 July 2018 and I was just told today everything is in and ready for me to pick up, three frames and two with lenses and Dr. ** took my prescription from December from another optician and made them current I suppose for all the trouble but really that comes out of Dr. ** pocket not ** so not sure why he made it seem as if they took care of it? Now the optician I had is short with me because of all this and I will have to find another. This was a nightmare and I'm not done because I still have to pick everything up and pray it's all correct and in top condition. I never have had this sort of trouble with trying to SIMPLY buy frames and lenses. NO APOLOGY FROM MAY ** EITHER!

Original review: July 6, 2018

I have been going to the same America's Best for several years now, I have always had a great experience, very friendly and helpful staff, prices for my prescription are literally hundreds of dollars cheaper with them! Jeanette at store 5744 was very knowledgeable and got me the best price for my glasses today! Thank you!

Original review: July 3, 2018

I chose a pair of frames to have made for sunglasses. When I returned to pick them up, they had to be returned because one of the lens did not fit the frame properly. The asst. manager was very polite and stating the frame could be returned to correct the problem. However, I noticed the frames did not look like the ones I had chosen. When the glasses returned, I mentioned they did not look like the frame I had chosen. A salesperson directed me to the frames, which were in a different area of the store and in a section with cheaper frames. The ones I had chosen were in the designer area. I suggest that everyone TAKE A PICTURE and verify any SKU or style nos. on the frames you have chosen to purchase and compare the information before completing the sale and leave the store. The frames they said I had chosen had a different purchase amount on them and looked cheesy, however, I was so frustrated, I did not continue the discussion.

Original review: June 27, 2018

The first time I dealt with one of their stores it went bankrupt and I never got my glasses. Years later and the second time the customer service was horrible after I came back to pick up. OMG the way they give you your glasses is terrible. No cloth or solution. Just a cheap ** flimsy case. I Brought 2 pair $69 and wind up paying close to $200 and all I had extra was tint. I cancel the tint. The ugly girl told me on the phone, "Ok it's cancelled." I get the glasses. I got tint and they act like it was my fault for questioning why tell me one thing and do another. Oh then they don't want to take your insurance. That place out Towson, MD is full of **! Go to Visionworks!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I am giving this company 0 star. This company has the worst customer service I have ever seen. Just hung up the phone in my face when asked to speak to a supervisor. Terrible customer service and cheap product. I highly do NOT recommend to for no one! The women on the phone are very unprofessional and rude! I purchased a pair of progressive lens Michael Kors glasses. The MK logo has came out of the glasses and all of the gold has tarnish!!!! I am going to put this company out in the world about their product, service and they need to shut down. Go completely out of business.

Original review: June 18, 2018

They don't honor their warranty! I bought a pair of Tapout brand frames from them, with a one year warranty. On my 11 month, the plastic side arm broke. As I travel for work, I don't see any of these stores along the international highways. I went to a different location on my 11 month to alert them of the issue in Orlando, he said that I have to wait for a matching pair to come in, uhm ok.

Contacted them 2 times since then. Now I go back to the original store, she tells me they are discounted and tries to SELL me a new pair. Bottom line, you're overpaying, poor service, poor quality, they're not keeping their word on paper. Just a poor company. And she tells me that they are sister company to Eyeglass World. Research it, National Vision Inc. I would just avoid all 5 brands of their stores, all bad reviews. This is not a fake review. My experience is true. The reviews were researched on internet through several different providers.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Had an appointment at 11 am...was finally seen at 2 pm. The staff were ignorant and inattentive. I have Humana insurance for vision and they wouldn't even look at my insurance. It was 'too much trouble ' for them to do so. I paid around 90.00 and the prescriptions are WRONG. Way too strong or distorted for my eyes. Both pairs. I would warn the public that America's Best is a bad company. Don't know why my glasses were wrong but I can't use them without a headache. Bah. Go to a legitimate vision company and bypass this joint.

Original review: June 11, 2018

6-11-18 America's Best 2 for $69.95 glasses including exam is a scam. I chose 2 frames from the $69.95 section but because they were from the green section instead of the yellow section, the frames turned out to be $104.95 AND I thought the lens were covered but I was charged per lens, not per frame so that is a $45 charge per lens which is $180 but you do get a small discount. None of this is in small print about the $69.95 special nor is it explained that you have to pay $45 per lens since I had to choose a 22% Verilite lens with protective cover instead of coke bottle lens because the wireframes are not conducive to regular plastic lens. They charge for everything and it is basically a bait and switch program. I should not have to pay any more than $100 for both pair and Verilite lens.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I have better things to do than to write reviews but this is too much. I have never had glasses and I know I needed them since my eyesight has been getting poorer with each passing year. I am a newbie to glasses so I fell for this one. As advertised for 69 dollars a free eye exam and two pair of glasses. In my naive thought pattern 2 pair of glasses means 2 frames with the lenses intact. Why is it not advertised as free eye exam and two glasses frames for $69.00 plus the cost of the lenses. And if you want frames that are better than the 3d glasses frames you get at the movies then be prepared to pay for it.

Also, the doctor was so rude. He acted like I was denying I needed glasses. He said people come in and say they don't need glasses but he proves to them in his high and mighty position that they do, and proceeds to tell me how wrong I am in my denial. I came because I needed glasses, and apparently critically, because I didn't see the other person in the room he must have been talking too. This is bait and switch advertisement. I don't blame the rude people at this location but be prepared to pay the additional cost if you fall for this one, both for enduring the insult to your intelligence and your pocket book. I was out the door for just under $200.00.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I ordered my glasses & could not find a nice pair of frames, they had so many that were almost the same. The name brand section did not even have a nice selection. Anyway I settled for the only 1 pair in the store I thought were nice & seems like they should be for almost $350.00. I waited almost 2 weeks & then returned to pick them up. It was a hot sunny day so when I picked them up I didn't realize how dark they had made the tint. By the time it started getting darker, I started realizing this tint were TOO dark.

The next day I went to work & it was not a good experience to work a day on the computer with these glasses that were almost shades for outside, so I returned to the store the next day & returned them asking for the tint to be lightened. They said they would & I would have them back in 3-4 days. After they confirmed they messed the lenses up while fixing the tint, a week & 1/2 later I returned to get my glasses. Took them home & wore them for about 3-4 days, the next day went to put them on & the arm broke off. I was not happy to say the least. So I had to choose another pair hoping they would not be as cheaply made as these ones I chose first, so almost 2 more weeks without them I came back to pickup the new glasses. I picked them up & took them home.

After about 2-days I realized the arms on these things were super long, they were literally hanging out, sticking out of my hair! I thought, "WTH is wrong with these frames?" I compared them to the last 2 pair of glasses I bought (not from here) And the arms were so much shorter. I never saw such long arms. I again returned to the store to see what can be done. They took them & bent the arms down to be tucked behind the ears & said, "Try them for a week & let me know." I left & never made it out of the parking lot. They were still super long of course & awkward. They were now rubbing my head when I looked left or right while driving. I brought them right back in & they said to pick another pair but this was the last time they could change them for me. Well what a slap in the face, almost $350 I paid & have not been satisfied as of yet & the issues were on their end, not mine. I was so upset!

I ended up settling for another pair I did not like because the arms were shorter. So I went ahead & processed my ugly glasses & waited about a week this time, then picked them up. So after wearing these for a week, I am experiencing pain on my left ear. The right was fine. However I hate this store so much I don't even want to go back & deal with the BS again, so I have now reverted back to my old glasses which the prescriptions is not strong enough & I can't see well. So I am out all that money & don't have a good pair of glasses to show for it. SMH. The worst glasses experience I have ever had. I will not return to purchase anything from there again.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I've been going to America's Best for about 15 years now and never get vision insurance through work since America's Best has always been cheaper. I have slight astigmatism, but that has never caused my eyewear to cost more than the deal. Also. I always pick out 2 pair strictly from the $69.95 section only. Today, I was told my vision has improved. So, why was my total $295??? I will NEVER return to America's Best and will invest in LASIK surgery after this ripoff.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I was at America's Best on 5/18/18. At 6:30 PM. With my husband. To pick up our contacts and our glasses. The manager on call that night was nasty and just plain unprofessional. She was bending over in my husband's face several times saying "see how flexible I am". Told him he could have our glasses for free if he sexed her for them. Asked if he was breastfeed. As my husband told me what she was saying. The lady called my husband a liar. A ** couple came in and the other associate that was cleaning in the back came in and helped them. He must have a slight hearing problem.

I called him like twice and he finally answered me. I told him what was said and he told me that he would let someone know. But the ** lady overheard me. And she called customer service. Right then and there. I walked out to get my purse. And this woman just won't stop. She locked the door on me. Knowing I was a customer. Told me I can come back on Monday. Meanwhile. She walked my husband out the back door. and was told that she was undauntedly touching him every step of the way. Making it like she didn't do it on purpose. Like it was all an accident.

Original review: May 19, 2018

My wife and I went to America's Best in Roanoke Va., on April 24, 2018 for eye exams and I received new glasses. My wife needed to have cataract surgery. They charged her for an eye exam and none was performed. I was charged with an eye exam, and two pair of glass frames $59.00 Ea. The advertisement is a joke, you do not get free eye exam, no one explained why, you do not get 2 pair of eyeglasses as they advertised. The people working in the office told my wife no money can be refunded, she could pick out 2 pair of eyeglass, for the eye exam. My wife and I paid $353.00 for the service they performed. Would not recommend this company for any future service. This company was only interested in if you have insurance.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Went end of 2017 to use up my Vision insurance and America's Best called insurance and confirmed the bill was covered. Then 4 month later, send bill to me for $37.51. Called them and asked for explanation, and month later sent another bill for $37.51. So I feel they dinged me for extra money, and will never use them again.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Have been buying glasses from a store in the mall for 20 years. I went into America's Best. Had free eye exam, told Dr. I was skeptical of the prescription. I had not ever successfully corrected my astigmatism so we set it at the lowest correction. Purchased promotional 2 pair deal of their HD Max progressive and transitional lenses. They were less than the 1 pair at the mall store and a free exam. It took me a week and a bottle of aspirin but I see out of them perfectly and they are very cute.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Once you show up after having an appointment it is different. Rude person to see what you want you see a very rude Asian lady doctor by the name of ** or that's how they pronounce it. Then after all that they tell you it takes two weeks to get your eyeglasses. I will never go there again. 1 star is really too much for them and the service.

Original review: May 8, 2018

It's a lie to get you in their store! What I mean is the discount is a ploy to hook you into coming in and then the COSTS keep going up! My mother went in and they told her because of her astigmatism she don't qualify for this deal! She was charged for the exam and it was not free! She only got one pair of glasses! Her final price for all was $275.00. I myself needed glasses so I tried to get the deal! Same thing! I didn't qualify because of an astigmatism! Was charged for the exam because I didn't qualify because of the astigmatism. Only got one pair and it cost 159.99 for the frames. The lenses cost $99.00 and when all was said and done my final charge was $327.00.

Four weeks later when they arrived it was very blurry and had to redo the exam! 4 weeks later again it was incorrect again so another exam and this time I had to tell the guy what I expected to see correctly and with luck this time it was right but it took 3 months for it to finally get done correctly! I have asked many people about America's Worst and all never qualified for this fake ** deal! If it sounds too good to be true it usually is! When I hear the name America's Best, I now say you mean America's Worst! This was 2 and 1/2 years ago so I do not have the paperwork anymore!

Original review: May 6, 2018

I would like to compliment Jenny at the Center City Philadelphia store (Walnut St) for the outstanding, professional, and effective way she assisted me when replacing my eye care. She helped me with patience. Look at all my options, she is an asset to the human race but especially to America's Best.

Not sure about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Eyeglasses Online for you.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information

www.americasbest.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business