3.6/5 (152 ratings)

About America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: March 17, 2022

I went there for the 1st time with my husband although he couldn't find a pair he liked. However, the staff was amazing, and I wound up buying 2 amazing pair of glasses. The doctor took her time with us and explained everything in detail.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I had one of the best and most thorough eye exams at the Palm Springs, Ca. office with Dr. **. He is very knowledgeable, and offers great detail about the state of one's eyes. I had an eye exam last year with Acuity--this exam last year was free and offered through my health care group. The Acuity Group gave me a very short exam and a lousy pair of eyeglasses which is why I decided to go out on my own and pay for the exam. The staff helped me to select 2 pair of glasses which were included with the exam. Very nice, genial staff members. Go see Dr. **!!!!

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I stopped in to the Farmington, CT office to have some eyeglass frames adjusted. Kaylyn was very helpful and friendly. I asked about some of the frames and products you carry and she walked around with me and helped me find frames that might be an option for my son. I will definitely recommend this store.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I was in a time crunch to get contacts before my honeymoon! I met Dr. ** who was AMAZING! He explained everything in detail and all staff was dedicated to me receiving them on time. I previously thought contacts were not an option (told to me by many doctors because of my astigmatism). Not only did they fit me with comfortable contacts, but they also made sure I was happy with the fit before ordering! They also did a great job explaining pricing and how to get a better deal with certain brands! No pressure in buying their brand, and very informative! All staff is friendly, I was able to be seen quickly, it is clean and safe with COVID protocols. Will be back! THANK YOU FOR THE FAB EXPERIENCE!

Original review: May 24, 2021

Diaunte' was the ultimate professional and provided top level customer service! From the beginning when we walked through the door she welcomed us and eased the fear of my granddaughter who was afraid because it was her first time seeing an eye doctor. Diaunte' was patient and help her pick out her glasses and let her know that she was going to look great in her new glasses. I would recommend everyone to go visit Diaunte' at America's Best Eye Glass in Waxahachie, Texas.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I went to pick up my new contacts from the America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses, Wyncote, PA and met with a young lady who was assisting me, when suddenly supervisor Justin stepped in for no reason and began an argument by picking on me. When I wanted to order glasses using the same prescription I received from the same store Justin pointed out that he does not know if the prescription, I had in my hand, is for long distance for computer viewing or not. I don't know why he was even speaking with me; I never asked for his assistance. Everything went downhill from there.

I asked Justin to move away from me because he became irritable and argumentative, and the only reason I could think that he was that way is a means of showing "power" as a supervisor. I am now afraid to return to the store to get anything done because Justin assumes he's being helpful but he really just picks at a customer and starts irritating folks; and will not step aside and let the other floor agents do their jobs.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Worse company ever. After the free exam, services just goes down the drain if you ever need to come back for a new pair of glasses. Nobody knows anything, employees give the wrong information before checking/confirming and it's absolutely a headache trying to get information on your own prescription. God forbid you go to a different store than where you had the initial exam, because even though they can see your prescription in their database they require the old store to fax the prescription to them. However when you call the initial store they will tell you that they need to check company policy before even helping you with the fax and will leave you on hold for 20 mins or more.

Even ordering online is a headache because the store employees still need to verify your prescription and lack the diligence to confirm and compare the information they get from you with the information they have in their system. They will also strong arm your prescriptions and tell you they cannot give you the information they see in their database. I had to call corporate office twice because the incompetency of this place is unbelievable! Never will I ever recommend this company. There is a reason why they are so "affordable" I guess. No one is ever able to help you and everyone is confused on company policy and procedure! Beware, your prescription will be mismanaged by everyone. What is the point of having your prescription in their database if it cannot be accessed company wide to make buying glasses more convenient?

Original review: March 21, 2022

I would like to comment both mine, and my wife's visit to your Vancouver, WA location. We both made appointments for the same day and our visit was very professional by everyone we came in contact with, the reception was personable with a warm greeting. The pre-exam was conducted for both of by the same young gentleman, he did a great job. We were then examined by the Doctor, whom was 100% professional, though you could tell she was a bit stressed since she was very busy. When we selected our frames and features of the glasses, Grace was exceptional, probably one of the nicest human beings on earth, she was incredible!!! Today, after both me and my wife receiving phone calls advising our glasses had arrived we returned to pick up our new glasses.

This is where this great story ends. Our greeting was almost an inconvenience, "Do you need help?" My wife said we were both there to pick up our new glasses, your employee responded by telling us to sit down and wait until an opening was available. Shortly afterwards your employee (later identified as DAWN) walked across the room and asked my wife "what name", my wife replied Darla and Steve Chappell, Dawn replied, "Both of you have glasses" to which my wife replied yes. Dawn then told us "Sit Down!, by the way there was only a single chair, so I pulled another chair from across the room. It was obvious we were a total inconvenience as she struggle to breathe. Dawn then slid my new glasses across the desk and said, "Put them on!".

It was at this point I spoke for the first time and asked if she was having a bad day or were we just inconveniencing her? She did not reply. As I put my glasses on, I replied they are very loose on my head, and started to remove them, she said "Keep them on, turn your head to the right, okay, take them off!" I handed them back to her and she bent the two nose pieces and handed once again slid them back across the table and said put them back on! I replied and said it was the width an not the nose piece, she replied, "I have my way of doing things" to which I replied well you are the professional, Dawn quickly snapped back at me saying "yes, I am the professional and have been doing this for 6 years!

I replied that her response was extremely arrogant to which Dawn replied, "yes I am the arrogant professional". I had enough and pick up both pairs of my glasses and my wife's glasses and said I would not be spoken to this way as a customer, Dawn replied "Too Bad"! I just want you to know we spent $609.37 and will never step foot in another America's Best facility again until I receive an apology and if I see Dawn in the store then it will not end well. I promise to share my experience on social media if this isn't resolved because right now I am not happy with my eyewear and certainly did not deserve the treatment we received.

Dawn is by far the most unprofessional employee I have dealt with and I can never say some should be relieved of their duties but I guarantee my wife and I could not be the first people that had a horrible experience because she was too polished with her short, arrogant comments and can say never in my life have I had a customer experience with such an arrogant experience. I am a V.P. for a multi-billion dollar company and am not someone who was demanding or rude with your employee and treated her with respect until she was so rude, first with my wife only and then with myself. It was a good day until Dawn ruined it and she should be dismissed of her duties.

Original review: March 15, 2022

This place is the MOST inefficient Doctor's office I have ever been to. Their membership in theory is great. $99 for a few years of eye exams, sounds great. However, in order to actually get your prescription, you need to first try the contacts before, then book ANOTHER appointment for the doctor to see them on and test you AGAIN (which would make sense for people new to wearing contacts, but not for everyone). Also, in order to get your first trial pair, they have to order them and this can take up to 2 weeks, once you get them, you have to book another appointment, the doctor needs to see them on you and then you are allowed to get your prescription.

I have used contacts and glasses for 20 years now and this is the first time I've had to "try on" contacts for a week before getting a prescription. This wouldn't be an issue if they had the contacts at the office, and if they want to see you to try to the contacts, whatever, makes no sense, but ok, but the fact that you have to wait in order to get them is ridiculous. There's no charge every time they need to see the contacts on, but it is a huge waste of time and the office is packed!!!! Nobody has that kind of time. When does anyone ever have to go into an eye doctor again after getting your eyes tested!?!? This is ridiculous and redundant, and inefficient!!! I would rather pay more, go once a year, like the rest of the world and move on, get my prescription and get my lenses online. Are they not confident enough in their own tests that they have to make you go there to get the contacts and then again after you try them on to see them on!!!

And to top it off, if they prescribe contacts for Astigmatism and you request daily contacts, you will one box with astigmatism contacts, which has 5 lenses, and the other eye without astigmatism, get 10 lenses!!! They aren't even!!!! So to summarize, if you go here, make sure you have 2 months' worth of your current contact lenses so that you have time to "try on" your lenses and go back so they can finally release a prescription for your lenses!!! You're better off just paying more ANYWHERE else. Walmart typically has appointments for the same day you're looking for, or even the day after, I would recommend not wasting your money, time or energy at this office. Horrible.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I made my appointment for the sole purpose of the advertisement on their site, 2 pair of eye glasses with free eye exam. However that is not what I received. I ended the appointment with a total bill of $309.95 significantly higher than the advertised price and that was for one pair of glasses, lenses and eye exam. I don’t understand why even when I chose glasses that were $69.95 the bill would be so high, and not include 2 pair of glasses. If I wanted a second pair I would need to add another $239 total cost for two pair of glasses would be over $500. I just couldn’t afford it, so I paid just for the eye exam which ironically totaled $70! I’m disappointed and frustrated that I paid $70 and didn’t get any glasses at all. Their advertising is misleading and needs to be more transparent, so consumers aren’t being tricked into make appointments for a price that isn’t really the price at all!

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information