America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses

Compare Eyeglasses Online

Research top Eyeglasses Online recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Went in the front staff very good. Once back with eye doctor seemed to be going good. Picked out two pair glasses ordered them. Normally bifocals ordered but I thought I would try without bifocal portion. They never suggests that was not a good idea. Received my glasses and I was feeling sick to my stomach. Had to keep putting my old glasses on. Single vision glasses were bothering me also. Went to Costco a month later to get my eyes rechecked. Doctor there informed me that America's Best should have never allowed me to order single vision glasses since already use to bifocals and nearsighted glasses. Then the script that they prescribed was way too powerful for my eyes.

Ordered glasses through Costco and went back to America's Best to get my glasses redone. Called because did not want to have to wait wanted to make appointment. Kept getting voicemail. No person explained what happened and they never called back attempts to do this three times. Went to store but were closed. Personal things kept me from going back. I just do not want this from happening to anyone else. I am out over two hundred dollars with two pair of glasses I can't use but again do not want anyone else getting this done to them!!!

Went in to Salem Oregon location on a Wednesday. Ordered two pair of bifocals. They told me computer was down. I called the next day computer was still down. Now I call today Monday and they took 10 minutes to find my order. They said they were still working through placing the backorders. I feel like they didn't even know where my order was or if it was placed.

My experience started fairly well, with checking out frames while I was waiting for the exam. The tech who did her part of the exam was skilled and very friendly. However, I became rather uneasy when the exam with the Dr. lasted all of 5 minutes. I was then helped with picking out frames, and narrowed it to two pairs. I told the lady that I did NOT want two pairs, as I knew that wouldn't include frames and all the upgrades. Their "system was down", so she could not quote me prices. I asked her to call me back with the individual costs on each pair so that I could decide which ones I wanted.

She finally called back 48 hours later, and, of course, had one price for both pairs combined. I explained again that I wanted individual prices. She also informed me that I would have to come back because she had forgotten to take the measurements for the progressive bifocals. I told her that I lived 25 miles away and was not happy that I would have to make another trip.

Over the weekend I found this site and read all of the horror stories and rip-offs that had happened to so many other customers. So, I decided to halt this before it went any farther, and called the store this morning to tell them that I would not be purchasing my glasses there. I think that I saved myself a LOT of aggravation and problems. This means that since my insurance will be billed for that exam that I will have to pay for another exam out of my own pocket, but I can live with that. I will find a Dr. who has more than 5 minutes to spend with me, and I will get a proper and thorough exam. Thanks to this website for "opening my eyes" (ha, in more ways than one) and saving me a lot of money for crappy glasses! Just say no to this business!

I had my eyes examined, ordered two pair of glasses and a trial pair of contacts. I have never worn contacts before. I got a call a week later saying my eyeglasses were in. I called the store, the contacts were not in. I called three days later, and was told again, the contacts weren't in, that they would be in the following week. Two minutes later, I got a call from the store saying my contacts were in, she couldn't explain why the person I had just talked to at the store told me they weren't there. I go to pick them up and I'm told that because I've never worn contacts before, I had to take a class. Oh, and they don't offer the class after 4pm. They are rude, and just don't explain any of the process to you. Even though I joined their eye care club, I will be ordering my contacts online, and going to a different eye care professional next year. They were a total waste of my time.

I called America's Best contacts and eyeglasses off of Cheyenne rd in Colorado Springs asking if I can come in and order colored contacts. I am a customer of theirs and have an up to date contact exam through them. I was told since I originally had clear contacts that I need to find a new doctor to order colored. They REFUSED!! That is ILLEGAL to refuse an up to date customer to come in and order colored contacts through them. I decided they no longer get my service and went to ABBA eye care and had the BEST experience. NEVER buy anything from America's Best!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

I ordered 2 pair of glasses at America's Best in Altoona, PA, one with a designer frame, and one with a "generic" frame. When I went to pick them up, the designer frame had no-line bifocals in them that they said were positioned wrong. First they told me to wear the frames down on my nose as I would readers. If I had to wear them that way, then I would just get readers. I asked them to adjust the lenses so the frames could be worn where they were supposed to be worn. They told me they could have new, adjusted, lenses put in the frames, but they couldn't guarantee that they would work (this was my first pair of bifocals). Since there was no guarantee, I asked for the lenses to be replaced with readers. They told me the price for readers was going to be less than $17 less than the bifocals ($163 instead of $180). This clearly didn't make sense because no-line bifocal lenses are significantly more expensive than readers.

When I got home, I looked at the bill. It was wrong. The new frames and lenses should have been $83 not $163. I called them. They confirmed the error. I then looked at the frames on multiple websites. Each one clearly stated that no-line bifocal lenses should not be used in that frame. On every other retail eye glass supplier website, a hard case with soft cleaning cloth was included in all frame purchases of that frame. When I went to pick up the glasses, they were in the cheapest vinyl case I have ever seen. When I asked for the case that went with them, they said they didn't have any and offered to sell me a hard case.

The second pair of glasses I ordered consisted of reading lenses and a dark brown frame with subtle taupe lines in it. When I went to pick them up, the frame had a glaring white spot on the tip of the left temple. When I asked for a frame that looked like the one I tried on, they objected and offered to put my lenses in the display frames. The hinges in the display frames were worn and loose. They tried to tighten them, which resulted in hinges that didn't move. I asked for the frames to be replaced again. They reluctantly agreed but, again, refused to guarantee the replacements. They were also in a cheap case when I picked them up.

Spending hundreds of dollars (after insurance) on glasses should not be this hard. There is a very poor service culture at the management level here. My husband went to another retail eyeglass supplier and had a great experience - same prices, glasses done right the first time, quality service and goods (including decent cases). Some of the people who work at America's Best in Altoona are polite and eager to help. Nonetheless, I can't recommend this place. Best to go elsewhere.

I liked their selection but I couldn't see out of their glasses. My eyes were tested 2 times, made glasses 3 times and still were blurred. I have gotten glasses there before and they were fine. They just couldn't get them right this time. Returned them and got my money back.

Scheduled an appointment for my grandson. Waited 1/2 hour from our scheduled appointment time. Once we were called back the eye exam was determined based on my grandson not identifying the alphabet on the wall [which he could only identify 2 letters because he could not see]. We were unable to proceed with the eye exam because my grandson could not identify the letters. The young lady said that we could not proceed. My grandson just turned 4 and was prescribed with his 1st pair of glasses at 1-1/2. There was no need to know the alphabet then.

Very disappointed because even though I asked to see the doctor anyway and did have the glasses my grandson is using I could not get past the young lady to do so. I have full coverage insurance. Scheduled an appointment elsewhere. Glasses will be ready for pick up on 1/14/2017. Thank you America's Best for the unprofessional treatment. This was the boost needed to ensure that my grandson will be able to see with his new glasses and will be able to identify the alphabet BECAUSE HE CAN SEE THEM!!!

America's Best is a busy place... Just make sure to present yourself at least once & announce your presence. I come in ahead of time just to wait & look around casually for new frames. I ride my bicycle like 3.5 miles to get there & I have a rough idea of what they have from looking online. They have high-end quality glasses and lots of frames. I like plastic frames but I'm open to metal. If you're expecting 5 star service you should lower your expectations for the ridiculously low price of glasses & how they have at least 9 people in there at a time. 2 pairs w/ tints for less than $140...Very great value!! They get shipped to the store via UPS...maybe 5 days...not counting weekends. I love that place!!

I'm satisfied with the quality of my glasses. But there's not a lot of choices at America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses. I have to go to a specialist because I have macular degeneration. My exams are very in depth and I feel I get my money's worth in the exam and glasses if I need a new prescription.

I went to America's Best located in Northlake IL. and it was the best experience ever. The whole process was fast and excellent. As soon as I walked in I felt very welcomed. Everyone there was very friendly. Definitely look forward to going back there again!

The overall selection is a little below average compared to other places. I needed to go elsewhere to get a pair that cleared my vision. I would not go back nor would I recommend my worst enemy to deal with them. There was nothing wrong with the prescription which I received from a private eye doctor, the lenses were not made to specification. Wasted money. You get what you pay for.

I purchased a pair of glasses in store. The selection was pretty minimal and I wasn't super excited about what I chose, but got them anyway. The turn around time was pretty fast. I picked them up the next day with my custom lenses. The glasses had some little rhinestone embellishments on the side and several of the stones fell out within a few weeks (I'm not particularly rough on my glasses although I do wear them all the time; the stones just were not secured enough). I would have expected a better quality product for the price.

I went back to the store and they gave me a free pair of glasses to replace the first pair, and let me keep the first pair to boot. I now have a pair of "play" glasses that are missing a few stones but useful for days when I'm doing yard work, hiking, or whatever else. I liked that they replaced the first pair and didn't ask questions. I was so afraid they'd think I did it on purpose to get a free pair. I didn't like the fact that there was such a limited selection. Hipster big frames all looked the same, and the only other choice were narrow 90's style glasses or big old fashioned ones (that seemed like they were for older people). Choosing a second pair was REALLY hard because I had already purchased the only pair I really liked. The second pair was a better quality and lasted a long time.

My glasses were ordered, made and shipped to store for adjustments and pickup. At their price, there's no need for vision insurance. Their glasses have perfect fit and perfect view, overall excellent. I'm very pleased with the people and my new glasses. Had to have one remake because close vision was improperly measured. They took care of it right away and new lens is ok.

I went to America's best by work since many coworkers go there. The doctor was absolutely amazing however after I received my glasses which my insurance paid for all the upgrades including warranty. 2 months later there was a chip in the left lens including scratches which I paid for scratch proof! I only use the cloth that came with my glasses including their wipes and lens cleaner.

When I went back to have my lenses repaired the associate told me that yes my warranty covers it but it's a one-time warranty and to wait until my lenses get more scratched up before I use the warranty! Seriously!! I told her the lenses are not supposed to chip nor scratches considering I paid for the bells and whistles so why do I need to wait and since when is it a one time warranty?? I went back 2 weeks ago and again told the same thing!! The people are rude and talk about customers like crap while they are sitting in the waiting room! What's wrong with these people! I don't want to go back but the doctor was amazing.

1st off I have gone here a couple times. One pair of glasses the flex kind broke fairly quickly. The next time I took my kids in they have insurance and this place completely scammed the insurance. The kids ended up not getting their glasses as they charged the entire insurance plus 100 per child for one of the kids. It was just reading glasses. 10.00 at Walgreen. The other child needs basic glasses for distance. This was a total scam as I had to leave before it was completed and They saw my mom coming. Do not go here. It's not worth the hassle. Walmart does a better job.

I bought my glasses here in Akron Ohio at America's Best in July of 2016. I took them back about 2 months later to have them tightened. Well about a month later the one side of the ear piece got loose again so I thought that I would take them back to get them tightened. Well she took one look at them and said that the screw was stripped and they couldn't be fixed. She said that there was nothing that they could do since I didn't get the warranty. Then she said it was how I took them off caused it. I wasn't happy. Even Walmart have cheap glasses but give you a year warranty. I can tell you that I will never buy a pair of glasses from them again. I will buy them at another place next time.

On Nov 06, 2016 I put my contact lens in, later that afternoon I was going to remove them. The right eye came right out but the left would not come out so of course I tried and tried so ended up getting my eye a little red. The next morning went to AB and told the Doctor there, I have a Clens that is stuck and can't get it out so he examined my eye and said "YOU DO NOT have a contact lens in your eye" so he gave me a prescription for eye drops to use until my eye looked better. Over the next few days my eye gets worse and worse and then I can't see so I made appointment for 2nd opinion and he found it immediately, it was right on my eye and because it had been there too long I had an ulcer over my whole eye. It's been 3 weeks and under a doctor's care and still can't see good. Total negligence and I will never go to America's Best again. I am on steroids and antibiotics 4 times a day. I am suing them.

I have been going to this store for years!! The customer service, pricing for my contacts, their 3 year plan, all of it was great. They have changed hands a couple of times, but now with the 'new people', it is terrible. I was double booked for an appointment, the customer service was very poor, employees were talking negatively about clients and laughing, they were very late getting me in. After my appointment I sat for an hour! Waiting to pick up my new contacts, they had been closed for twenty minutes before I was waited on. No apologies, nothing. I am now looking for a new place for exams/contacts. The only other store near me is huge, I have been there once, it is like a DMV... loud, no organization, even longer waits. I am so done with them!

I purchased some glasses at America's Best. After only a few months my lenses are peeling. instead of them taking care of their problem I was told I would have to purchase some more lenses. This isn't the only situation I've been in with America's best in Lafayette LA. A few months ago it was a racist issue I had to deal with that was never properly handled.

I ordered 2 pair of glasses for my son on September 2nd for him to play in his football season. Now the whole season is over and I don't have the glasses. After calling a dozen times, just today they said, "Sorry, we can't give you the glasses." On asking for refund, they can't even send a check back and now need me to drive down to their store to see their faces again and get my refund.

Too many people here just need to learn how to say "No, thank you." I spent an hour at A B C & E last week. I had a contacts eye exam from a very nice young woman, picked out 2 sets of frames, got fitted with new contacts and was on my way for a total of $188.00. I will pick up my new contacts next week. They agreed to price match with Lens.com. I don't know just how my experience could have been any better. BTW, they did offer me several upgrades on my glasses for additional cost, but, although I could see the value in them, I didn't take them because I only wear my glasses a short time each day, when I am not wearing my contacts. Just learn to say "no" if you don't' want something.

I purchased my glasses from America's Best in Valdosta Ga and constantly complained that I could not see that my vision was blurred and each time I was told that my eyes needs to adjust which is now over a yr ago. I was unable to use either pair. Therefore I spent $380 for nothing and have since been wearing my $1.21 goodwill glasses until I go to a reputable eye care center. I have come in contact with over 30 people in my area that had the same compliant. I had to squint to see out of these glasses which made my vision worse. HELP I CAN'T SEE.

On several occasions I have had a issue with trying to make an appointment with this company. I was given an appointment time and date and when I arrived they said they overbooked. Then it happened again. I tried one more time with this company because we were in the eye club so we didn't want to miss out on the eye exams that were included. I called 45 minutes ahead of my appointment to let them know I was going to be late which the gentlemen said that was fine.

When I arrived the lady at the desk said they could not see me today. I told her what the gentlemen said on the phone and she acted as if she did not care. We live over an hour away which made it a huge inconvenience. This company needs to held accountable for their mismanagement of their time. They are losing doctors because of their lack of integrity. I'm just a person low on the totem pole so I hope this review will at least help others. I don't plan on commenting back to this company. They just are not professional and they don't care about others.

I stepped on my eye glasses so I decided to stop by and just order a new pair, pair sort of. The lens were ok but the frame was damaged not beyond wearing though. The attendant would NOT allow me to order a new pair without an exam from one of their so called Drs. nor would she order me a new frame. I have a Dr, I see a Ophthalmologist and NOT an Optometrist. The attendant was short and really boarded being rude. The BEST thing I can say for America's BEST is take you BUSINESS somewhere else, I did.

I am 32 and never worn glasses in my life! I woke up last week and was having blurry doubled vision. I went 2 days before deciding ok, there is something wrong here and decided to go to America's Best due to the ads on TV (2 pairs of glasses for 69.99). I scheduled the appointment and went the same day. I had the exam and was told that I needed glasses with Prism in them so that my eyes would align and be able to see images clearly and would not be able to get contacts because contacts do not come with Prism in them. I was told I would have to wait 7-10 days for my glasses.

In the meantime, I can not see properly. As a single mother with 2 small children and no assistance, this terrifies me. I call them to get the status of my eyewear and am told they are still in the lab. I ask if there is anything they could provide me temporarily so that I can be able to drive my children to and from school as having blurred doubled vision on a constant basis is making driving extremely difficult and I do not want to get in an accident. They advised me that there is nothing that they can do as they do not make glasses there on the spot.

They referred me to Eyeglass World, who does make glasses on the spot but Eyeglass World would charge me an additional $150 on top of the $220 (not 69.99) I already paid to America's Best. I expressed that this cannot be the only alternative (I do not know about most, but I do not have that kind of money sitting around). They continue to say there is nothing that can be done.

I asked what if I were in an accident. I feel that for a doctor to know that a patient is not able to see properly and then not provide any advice or alternative until their eyewear arrives, is a major LIABILITY for their practice. I was not even told whether or not I should or shouldn't be driving. Fortunately enough, I know due to common sense that I should not be driving yet I have no choice at this point. I am still waiting for glasses, but I also still have to be a mother to my children, but if ANYTHING happens up until that point, a lawyer will definitely come in to play.

BUYER BEWARE. You will Not pay $69.99 for two pair!!! Once this company tacks on all the extra fees for a halfway decent pair of glasses you will fork out about $350 to $500.00 at least! The only thing you get for their advertisement is two pair of UGLY FRAMES! DON'T BE FOOLED. It's not worth the visit. No extras on my glasses and frame is peeling. My costs almost $200!!! For two pair.

I had a wonderful experience here! I had an appt. at 5:10 pm and got in at 5:15 pm. They were completely nice to me and answered all questions I had. I got 2 opinions from doctors about what they would recommend for me. I got my free eye exam done and walked out with 2 pairs of glasses exactly for the price listed on their ads. $69.95!! So yes the deal is wonderful and I'm so glad I went there. Not only were they great to me, but my glasses have wonderful quality to them and they are just my style!!! I definitely recommend going to America's Best for your next eye appointment.

When I brought my daughter, 12 years old, to have her eyes examined, I expected to pay $70 for 2 pairs of glasses including exam! Then they try to get an extra $20 out of me by telling me that children 13 and under, "by law", have to get the polycarbonate type lenses! When I looked this up, I found that you have the right to ask them to provide something in writing to this effect. THEY CAN'T, because it's NOT a law! It's a choice!! But this is how they are making extra money off the people!! By lying! Thinking nobody will figure it out!! One should ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS make sure to look over the receipt when going to ANY America's Best Store!!!

Ordered two pairs glasses with bi-focal lenses at the forum store, Ft. Myers. Went to pick up the glasses. The distance part was very good, the bi-focal part I could only read at about 8 inches. My old glasses were at 22". I was told that my eyes would adapt eventually. I explained that I has experienced this before and my eyes would not adapt to such a difference. I was told I must try them first. I explained that I couldn't even see the instruments on my vehicle so how am I supposed to drive? They would not remake the lenses. The manager said "give him his money back", which is what they did. So after wasting my time and effort, they have lost another customer. I have tried two of these stores, the first one used someone else prescription for my glasses, they had to redo them again. At least this first store in Asheville, NC the staff were apologetic.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Profile