1.58/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Discover the right online glasses retailer now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

724 America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

NEVER WILL I EVER GO TO OR RECOMMEND America’s Best Contacts and Eyeglass. After my old glasses broke on a Saturday I was very excited to get an appointment Monday morning at 9:30, didn’t wait long and staff was very friendly. When my eye exam was finished I found my 2 pairs of frames, “as advertised” and also thought my eye exam was free, NOT FREE because I have insurance that only covered a mere fraction of the cost and after having this and that put on my much needed glasses I decided to only get one pair at $376. Needing glasses very badly since mine broke I asked if they could possibly rush the glasses. NO CAN DO but they’ll be within a week. 2 weeks later they FINALLY came in today, I was very pissed they took so long to come in. I walked in took my glasses and walked out. I was warned not to go there but I didn’t listen.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

America's Best Eyeglasses are the worst ever. I pay 700.00 for my eyeglasses and the frame broke. I just need frames. Lenses are still fine. Went there cause I bought them there. The lady said, "No we can't give you just frames... You need to buy a new pair frame and lenses." Wtf. I don't have that kind of money... What a disgrace. Embarrassed me awful.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Stay away from this place, worse experience I've ever had without exaggeration. They ordered the wrong prescription, were never on time with appointments, and the sales staff appeared depressed, just no... After carving out time to make a follow up appointment, I dragged myself and my one year old because they needed me there to order the correct prescription. Anyway, I waited over 30 minutes for them to tell me, "Sir, follow ups don't begin until 3:15", I replied, "Then why would they give me a 3:00 appointment". So the doctor finally came over and said, "Where are the old contacts"? I replied, "Well I don't think I needed the pair with me that were the incorrect prescription to order another pair". Well at that point I was informed they couldn't help me unless I made another appointment. I walked out pissed off and will be taking my business elsewhere. Avoid this place like the plague! They should rename this business "Americas Worse".

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

When I ordered 2 pairs of glasses totaling $447.95 they didn't tell me the length of the earpieces are one size fits all. They're way too long for my head. I showed them my old glasses to prove that there are different sizes available, but they insisted they cannot provide shorter lengths. They wanted to bend the piece that goes over the ear straight down behind the ear, to make it shorter. That would have looked dumb. I'm just glad I ordered spring-tensioned side pieces, so they grip my head without falling off.

Ten months later, both sets of glasses developed stress cracks on the lenses. At first they didn't want to do anything about it until I showed them the receipt to verify the warranty period. They took both pairs and replaced the lenses. When I asked if the new lenses would be under warranty, they said only the original one year would cover them. Two months left. Has anyone else have trouble with stress cracks. Could it be that the reason their prices are so cheap is because their materials are substandard? Never again!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I've been using America's Best for years to get my eye exams and eyeglasses in Philadelphia, PA. However, I moved to Virginia and broke my glasses. I needed to obtain my prescription so I could get new glasses where I am now living. Even though they are a chain, they do not share patient information, so I have to get my prescription from Philadelphia's location. They will not give you this info over the phone, so they offer to either fax it (who owns a fax machine anymore) or mail it. I called not once, but twice to obtain my prescription in the mail. After 2 requests, it has been a MONTH and still no prescription. So basically if you cannot physically walk into the store to get your prescription in person, you're screwed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I should have walked out before I made a purchase -- MY BIGGEST MISTAKE. I went here because a decade ago I bought my contacts here and always had good experiences. I was in need of a new prescription before cataract surgery. I did not want to spend a great deal since these glasses would be used for a month or two maximum.

The male clerk rushed me and did not care what my opinion was. I was a bit distraught at the time due to the optometrist telling me how badly my cataract was impeding my eyesight. I purchased the glasses. When I picked them up they did not fit properly and the clerk told me to buy corn blister pads at Walmart. Today I went back after cataract surgery, wanting them to remove a lens at the least and hopefully put in a clear lens to get me until my next cataract/lens implantation.

The clerk and Manager refused. I had to explain what I wanted 3 times and she still did not get it, she kept looking at her computer like it would give her an answer. It reminded me of the car dealers pegging you as an easy sale. The best they could do is send my glasses away for 2 weeks which of course would not work. They had clear lenses in stock. I went to Eyeglass World and in an hour had just what I needed at a minimal price. I will not walk into an America's Best EVER again and I advise all of you to stay away. As, I was leaving I heard another client upset that his order was not correct because of something not written on his chart but they did not seem to care or rectify it.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

The experience was just fine. I got my eye exam just fine, I got good service and everything. I paid for the product, I told them when I ordered my glasses, I want a pair of sunglasses and I want one pair of glasses with no glare protection (I hate glare protection, and there's a reason for it). No scratch protection (for me it does no good as I take good care of my glasses, and the ways I end up scratching my glasses it doesn't help anyways) and I don't care about thick lenses because I've been wearing glasses since I was 5, when glasses came in thick bulky lenses so I'm used to thick lenses as is.

When I went to get my glasses they had them off to the side and tried to charge me more, which I stated I paid for them in full when I ordered them so there shouldn't be a problem. Well I came home, put the glasses on and didn't notice the difference until I compared my old glasses (which didn't have glare protection put on or any other special stuff put on them) to my new glasses. My old glasses are only a year and a half old, my new glasses are brand new. I know the difference between glare protection and non-glare protection. With my prescription and glare protection it doesn't offer much other than shifting the glare off to the side which irritates me when I'm looking at a light. I'd rather view the glare head on than to see a 'bubble' of light off to the side.

I will be calling them on Monday, asking them how much I 'owe' on the glasses, then informing them about my discovery on what they did to my 'normal' pair of glasses. This does not please me and I am very upset that they used a thinner plastic and put glare protection on my glasses. They tried to charge me for something I didn't want and they also put this garbage on glasses I need to use all the time.

When I'm inside a house and I look directly at a light, there will be a bubble off to the side. If you have a strong prescription that will end up with heavy plastic, even heavy glass, glare protection causes that light off to the side. If you grew up without glare protection and have glare protection on your glasses this ends up messing with your eyes and can cause migraines. These glasses have essentially become a hazard for me.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I got 2 pair of bifocals a few months ago from the Annapolis, MD store. Everything went smooth… Paid extra for the progressive. Really I don't understand all the negative reviews… Maybe I haven't wore glasses long enough to understand. I did have the frame come apart yesterday (screw came out). I went back to the store today and they fixed them for me in a few minutes. Great people and great service.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I brought in an eye prescription so I could get new glasses. The store was clean and neat, service was prompt and the staff was very nice. I picked out my frames for two sets of glasses and ordered what I wanted. Both sets were for bifocals with transition coating. I was called about 10 days later to pick up my glasses. I picked up the glasses and went home. I read a lot using a kindle. I found that I was getting headaches after reading. I looked at the glasses as I viewed the kindle and realized that they looked as if the transition coating was inconsistent appearing tie dyed. This was present in both sets of glasses. I went back to the store and they said they would have the glasses reworked. I kept one pair to used while the other was being fixed. I returned the one set of glasses three times and the other twice. The same problem was present each time the glasses were returned.

I decided to get a refund and go back to my regular vision practitioner to get, another although more expensive, pair of glasses. The refund I was given was about $150.00 less than what I paid for the glasses. I returned home and found my original purchase slip and returned to the store to get my full amount refunded. The problem with the glass was with the lab that the glasses were sent out to. I spent 4 months running back and forth for the glasses and never got a good working set of glasses. My husband’s comment was that you get what you pay for.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I had a vision exam not too long ago and the eye doctor told me that my vision had improved. I ordered two pairs of eyeglasses with the new

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Published: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:X9kxphjLK7AJ:https://www.yelp.com/biz/americas-best-contacts-and-eyeglasses-mandeville+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ph

prescription. The total was $363.06. Very soon after I started wearing my new glasses, I started having daily headaches. I took ** two to three times a day. I had a physician order an Xray and a Cat Scan on me to see what the cause was. The physician suggested trying my old prescription for a few days to see if my new glasses were the cause. Come to find out, the headaches were coming from my new glasses. The prescription is wrong. After speaking to someone at America's Best, I was told that I could only get a refund within 30 days. Headaches for 2.5 weeks + getting a doctor's appointment + scheduling an Xray + scheduling a Cat Scan took over 30 days because of insurance approval. So, I was exposed to radiation to get the medical test done for NO reason.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Landstown Commons store, Va. Beach, Virginia - First of all, let me start by saying that there is NOTHING BEST about America's Best. I had originally gone there for the current special which was 2 pairs of bifocals for $99.00. My visit started with an eye exam and then I had to pick out frames. After some discussion and explanation it finally ended up costing me approx. $250.00 instead of the $99. I had no problem with this and the glasses were ordered. I had to wait 10 days for the glasses to come in and when they did, they were not correct. I could not see through the top or bottom of the bifocals. After finally getting a manager to help, she said that she would send one pair out to have them reworked. After another week the pair of glasses came in and the manager called me saying that they were still wrong and she would give me a refund for my troubles.

I went to the store and the receptionist told me to sit down at the counter and someone would be with me. Well then she ended up coming over and attempting to help me by digging out the one pair of glasses that had not been sent out to the lab and wanted me to put them on. I informed her that I could not see through that pair and those weren't the pair that was sent to the lab for rework. She then told me that I would need to talk to a manager. Another lady came up to the counter and asked if I was being helped and before I could say anything the rude receptionist says to me, "I told you that a manager would be right with you". I replied to the receptionist that this lady was the one who asked ME the question and how would I know if she was a manager or not.

After a few quiet minutes a real manager came over and wanted to know what the problem was. As I attempted to explain things to her, she went into the computer to finally read the notes. They gave me the refund and wanted to reorder the glasses. After what I had been through with these people I decided not to let them reorder because if they couldn't get them right the first 2 times, what is the chance of getting them right a 3rd time plus having to wait another 10 days. I will just go to Pearl Vision, or someone else who knows what they are doing and order glasses. They never did show me the reworked pair that supposedly came back wrong. This happened to me and it is just my opinion that if you want good customer service along with a good product, go somewhere else.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

When I called to make appts. I asked to review my insurance info and tell me exactly what my wife and my exams would cost. They did and told me I have a $20 co-pay for each exam. We went and they took $25 off of each $79 exam, quoting fitting fees. Our insurance pays separate for those. So we ended up paying $54 each and when we asked them to explain, they couldn't and said either we pay it, or we get no contacts. They have very deceptive advertising practices. Then we were given a trial pair of contacts and was told to come back after 1 week, have our eyes checked with the contacts in and possibly incur more charges. The doctor wasn't there and the fill in was a retired eye doctor.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Stopped in at the Daytona Beach location on 8/18/17 to inquire on replacing my plastic frames which were damaged and inserting my lenses. Was told by a half interested person at the counter the cost would be $59.95. Six months earlier I had paid $69.95 for an exam and two pairs of glasses. I would strongly recommend to friends and associates through Facebook and our area newsletter stay clear of America's Best.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

AMERICA'S BEST MORROW GA - I went there before had an issue with the glasses and they replaced. The next time I bought them with insurance. The glasses broke and this time they want almost 100 to fix them. The manager didn't offer me the warranty, I mean if the manager can't treat you right. It made my day terrible.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

The reason I am writing this review is because upon reading through several other discouraging reviews on this site I haven't seen many for NC State and I've had an experience at the store in Fayetteville N.C. since July 13, 2017. Made an appointment, went to this place noticed right away there were a lot of desk attendees on staff that day but not a lot of customers. Was treated courteous but they were not overly friendly which is fine but kind of suspect as in, if a new place really wants your business they are usually very friendly and accommodating. This place was not. I was taken into a room and given a chart exam by a "desk clerk" with no clear identification on her, I mean, I'm sure she stated her name but I wasn't sure if she was even qualified to administer an exam to me. First red flag!

Secondly, was taken to wait in this locations only on staff doctor's exam room and when he came in it was so clear he was incompetent. Not only was he low key rude, he actually spooled off to me how much better glasses would be in lieu of contact lenses which I stated pretty clearly from the start was ALL I wished to receive at this time. When I repeated this he was clearly affected and actually insulted me saying that it was obvious that I had not been taking care of my eyes. This was a rude thing to say but I agreed to take "better care" in the future. Who says this in first meeting though? Anyway, his attitude after this quickly went downhill as he gave me an exam for my fitting and concluded that there were no trials matching my needs in stock that day. He actually told me he would give me "something" close to my prescription meaning, not my exact prescription but close no cigar? Second red flag!

He actually gave me a pair of trial contact lenses that were so off they gave me a headache and made me feel dizzy and nauseous! Of course I called the next day and was told by staff that my prescription lenses would be ordered in the contact lens brand I indicated and that I would be called when they arrived. However, a full week later I called to check and was told that indeed they had come in that I wasn't contacted due to oversight on their end. Less than 24 hours of wearing the new lenses I knew something was wrong and called them on a Monday to let them know. I was told to come in to discuss my options with the Doctor as the desk clerk informed me that I would need readers to supplement my prescription because it sounds like I have a presbyopic condition according to her assessment.

Keep in mind she never identified as an "eye doctor" optician or optometrist but she told me I needed reading glasses due to my age and age related condition she assumed I have. Third red flag! and I should've ran the other way after this but I wanted to see so I agreed to come in a third time. For the second time I spoke to on staff doctor who was a bit friendlier than on first meeting but who did not have a clue about my situation with the lenses I was given or any clear idea of what to do after I told him my prescription was clearly off. His incompetence forced me to ask for a trial pair of my old prescription and upon inserting these fresh lenses I noticed a marked improvement in my vision, no readers needed. I feel that the overall visit was a waste of money and time. I would never recommend this place to anyone. If you are considering going to America's Best please RUN!!!

Original review: July 27, 2017

Professional Customer Service: I visited the America's Best in Union City, GA today. They were able to schedule a same day appointment, there was no wait time, the staff is very knowledge and excellent customer service. Dr. ** was very pleasant and answered all my questions. Charles selected the perfect eyeglasses for my face. The entire experience was awesome.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I got my exam and 2 pair of bifocals for 276.00, they don't tell you about all the "extra costs". When I got the glasses they tried to adjust them to my face but they just did not sit right. My vision was so poor with them I was afraid to drive, so I went back. They told me I couldn't see well because I got the most inexpensive lenses and needed to upgrade for another 271.00!! Cheap glasses. Go to a reputable vision store, this place is not what you think!!

Original review: July 22, 2017

Where are my glasses? They said 2 weeks, yet it has been 17 days now and still nothing. I can't see, daily headaches, and stressed. They said they have no way of tracking the order to tell me when they will be arriving. I should've went to the one hour place and walked out with new glasses on my face. So, WHERE ARE MY GLASSES!!! So annoying! Terrible customer service, can't track my glasses? Upgrade your tech.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I went to AB for an eye exam bcoz the commercial said free exam with 2 pairs of glasses deal. I made an appointment which was easy to get for the next day. When I arrived I was pleasantly greeted and quickly seen. They explained everything thoroughly. I was helped by everyone available, all friendly, all knowledgeable. The price was $99 for 2 pairs of bifocals, the $45 exam was free. Not sure why I read so many complaints about the price. The deal was explained and no problems.

It increased in price depending on what you purchase. The deal was exactly what I got for the exact price quoted. Everyone was so awesome, I stayed chatting for awhile with them all. It was fun, and I enjoyed my time spend there. I do not have insurance and I felt the price was the best around. The wait for glasses could be shorter but it just gives me something to look forward to. I can't wait to go back, it was a very friendly welcoming store. Hixson Tennessee you are the BEST! Thank you!

Original review: July 7, 2017

I paid nearly $600 for 2 pairs of glasses with "high quality" lenses (recommended by salesperson). I was very careful in taking steps to protect my glasses, but it was useless. Within a couple of months the lenses were extremely scratched, and cloudy. I have contacted customer service by phone and email, but received NO reply! Worst customer service I have ever encountered. One of my frames broke, and when I went to the store for repairs I was left sitting in a chair waiting for an 1/2 hour! I will never use this company again, and always encourage folks I know to go elsewhere for glasses. I paid $600 for garbage products and services!

Original review: July 6, 2017

I had been to America's Best 2 years ago to get my son's eye exam done as well as the advertised two for $69.99 glasses. I walked out paying over $200 but he was satisfied with them so I didn't think anything of it even though I had to go back like four times because they would get loose on him. I just back now and his prescription remained the same and we bought the two glasses, which again ended up being 189.50, way over the two for $69.99 advertised special they talk about. I chose the additional vision field test and was told my son had to go back and get it redone because they noticed defects on it. I went back and they did it again, at no extra cost this time, but when the doctor or whatever he was came to speak to me, it seemed like it was a bother.

He didn't introduce himself so I have no clue what his name is and he continued to tell me that I need to take my son to an ophthalmologist to have him further tested because of the defects in his peripheral vision. He didn't explain more so I asked him what that meant and instead of sitting with me and explaining, he said it could be glaucoma, a brain tumor or a neurological problem! From a field test, how can you stand there and say this to a parent!!! No bedside manner, no manners at all!!! If you don't know specifically what the issue is, just send me to a real doctor as I have already made an appointment with. He continued to tell me that it was in his record also from two years back! So why is it that I wasn't told anything about any visual defects back then!!!

These people do not know what they are doing and after this unprofessional experience, I will never go back there again! Another thing, I am a Cuban-American and I am all for people working but the two girls who have performed the tests couldn't even speak English and all they kept speaking to my son was Spanish, which he barely understands. To top it off, the "doctor" didn't even bother to ask if my son takes any medication because he would've known that he takes medication for ADHD which can cause visual problems! This place has left me with a bad taste in my mouth and if my son had this problem two years back and they knew, why am I finding out about it now!!! DO NOT TAKE YOUR BUSINESS HERE, they're horrible!!!

Original review: June 30, 2017

I went to America's Best Eyeglass company who specializes in buy a pair get a pair free. After the eye exam I was told to pick out two pair of frames for my lens, however when they called for me to pick up my glasses both pair of lens were put in the same frames, meaning both pair of glasses looked the same. I was apologized to and told to pick out the other frame and they would put my prescription in those frames. Said they would call when finished. It's been four months. I called and they don't know anything. Plus on top of it all I received a bill for 90.00 dollars. I believed I was paid in full from when I paid 179.00 in February.

Original review: June 28, 2017

America's Best should be America's Worse. I was so excited when I saw a commercial. I called and made an appointment. I was so excited that I shared the info with my daughters and friends at work who needed new glasses. I had an appt at 11 am and was there at 10:50. The line to sign in took me over to 11:09. It was crowded which I took as a good sign that business is good. I waited for over an hour and finally got up and asked them when was my turn. I was after the next 2 people. They seriously overbooked.

I go into the screening room and the lady gives me a form to sign that was for $15. She didn't ask if I wanted that service but just said sign. I signed. On the first machine I was told to put my chin up to it. I stopped and said "it's wet!" The lady said "it's just alcohol." I waited on her to clean it and I guess she was waiting on me to put my chin in that. I finally said, "May I have a towel to wipe it off?" thinking she would surely wipe it off. She didn't. I had to wipe it myself. So on to the next machine, it has the same problem and we went through the same conversation again. I ended up wiping it also. It looked like sweat. She called it alcohol. If it was alcohol she only knew that, and did a terrible job of disinfecting the machines. I wait another hour and finally get to go in to the exam room. The doctor was very nice! No issues with him at all.

I finish the exam and proceed to go get the 2 pair for $69.99. it turned out that they were $319 for both pair. I could not get the "special" if I was using insurance. What a rip off! After going back and forth with the lady on why were the prices so much different than advertised, I got up and said "please give me my prescription." I paid the $15 for the form that I had to sign and the $10 for my insurance part and walked out and went to Walmart where I got my glasses for $42 for the lens and frames with my insurance.

I normally do all my reviews before trying a new company, I forgot to do it earlier and was in a hurry to make it to my appt on time and did not get to do it until an hour into my waiting on them to call my name. I regret that I didn't check the reviews first. I waited well over a month before writing this because I did not want to review them in my anger. I wanted to be fair and honest. I was so angry and I am still upset that I wasted my precious Saturday morning on America's Best! I gave them 1star because I couldn't go lower. I will never get those 2 hours back and I will not recommend anyone to that place. I will save them the frustration.

I wish I could get my money back--every penny of it. What a waste of time! Finally, the doctor had told me that I could make an appointment to come back in for another free service that was another part of my current appointment. But after all of this that I went through, my answer is no thank you! I will pass on that free service.

Original review: June 27, 2017

Worst experience ever! The doctor was rude and surly. The staff is rude and not helpful. I paid for a contact lens and eyeglasses exam. I received my glasses but my trial contacts were never ordered. When I called to ask about my trial contacts, I was rushed off the phone without finding out anything about my contacts. When I called back to get my contacts prescription so I could get my contacts elsewhere, I was told that they couldn't do that because I hadn't come back to have my contacts checked. I explained my trials were never ordered and the person told me that he didn't think that was the case. He then told me I would have to come back for another exam because it had been too long (only 9 months). So he would only send the eyeglasses prescription. Now I have no contacts prescription. I will never go back there. It was a waste of my time and nine months later, still no contacts!

Original review: June 26, 2017

Before the expiration date has ended for the glasses I ordered, I went to get them fixed, and the lady did not tell me they were beyond repair. At that point, they were still covered by the warranty. She simply heated up the glasses and gave them back to me. She knew very well that they could break anytime and the fix that she did was very weak. When it finally broke, I came back and I was told they couldn't do anything because the warranty has expired.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I just picked up my two pairs of glasses for $69. I am not able to see/read the computer screen with them. I was told on my examination last week that all I need are reading glasses. I thought instead of buying the $5.00 ones from Walmart or Walgreens, I should invest in a proper pair for the protection of my sight. I am very disappointed. Yes, I can see to read print on paper... but if I look up at the computer I have to lean in to see the printed word on the screen. Also, I was told I have to return to the office in two weeks to get my glasses' cases. Really! So, I would like my money returned to me, instead of having to drive out to America's Best over and over to correct errors. I am not sure what to do at this point.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I had an overall good experience the day I went for my exam and to pick out my glasses. I was a bit surprised that you do not in fact get two pair of glasses for $69.95. Their ad sure reads that way but until they are involved in a class action lawsuit that's how they will keep hooking people. Anyway, that aside I left the store satisfied with my experience and purchase.

Today I went to pick the glasses up. One pair fits fine and needed little adjustment. The other pair however, the ones I like best, are not fitting correctly. The tech quickly adjusted them and basically rushed me off. The store was not busy, she was just eager to get back to gossiping with a co-worker! I really wanted a case for my new glasses so I walked over to the display and picked one myself. No one acknowledged that I may want to purchase any merchandise at this point.

Once I had a case I liked, I went over to the tech who was still gossiping and told her the glasses still feel loose and I want to purchase this case. So, she took the glasses while her co-worker rang me out. When she brought them back to me, she had bent the arms so far down that the glasses actually dug sideways into my cheek! She actually looked at me and had the nerve to ask if that was better. I said to her "Um... No." So she bent them back and I tried again. Even though they are exactly the same as before, I didn't dare ask her to further adjust then. To top it off they are sitting crooked now on my face! I will be returning tomorrow in hopes that nicer people are working, and I'll be asking for a copy of my prescription. I am reluctant to try my luck with them in the future.

Original review: June 21, 2017

From the moment I walked in the door, I was greeted with friendly smiles. I made an appointment for 5:30 but got off work early and went in at 4:40 and was taken care of right away. Everyone in the store was friendly and helped find the glasses for me. The best part, which I would always hope people at other eye glass stores would do is help me make a final decision telling me which one looks better on me. I never want to go to another place ever again. The doctor was also really great and addressed all my concerns and explained everything really well. The America's Best in New Braunfels really is the best!

Original review: June 19, 2017

When I initially got the exam the doctor started flipping out because I was there for a contact and eye glass exam and she started flipping out about getting paid and proceeded to the front desk and they told her I have insurance. She insisted on giving me the most expensive contact and sent me home with contacts that didn't fit my eyes, which I found out a week later. Then she gives me something else and when the contacts came no one called me. I had to go there myself and was given no directions or to see if the contacts fit my eyes. My friend went as well and noticed how dirty and messy the eye exam room was. I will never come back here or refer anyone to this place!

Original review: June 16, 2017

I will never ever deal with America's Best again, ever. I am a diabetic who was going to an eye specialist, had my exam done in December 2016. End of January this year I went to America's Best which they socked me with another full eye exam for dilation on top of just needing the contact exam. So in the process through it all, no one helps you with anything, I picked frames out and dealt with a lady. Before leaving the America's Best in Exeter, PA I had to pay $298 dollars for the eye/contact exam and glasses. I was told that it was ran through my vision insurance, on top of that I got a trial pair of contacts to try. Well was having issues with them so called and then I was told that they had the right trial pair of contacts. So ran over which is only 10 minutes away from my job. Well you get confused when you don't know what actual contact you're really to be using.

So then I tried them, wore them to work and had the same issue with my right eye. So didn't use them. So this happened 2 to 3 times. I'd call back to get another trial pair because I could only wear them on the weekends. I was told if the issue happens again to call back. So this is up to May 2017 now. I called because I wore them to work, my eye got red and irritated, and swollen, called and got in, went in to see the doctor, all to be told that "everything looked fine. I'm not sure what it is. I'll give you a script for eye drops to do for 7 days 4x a day" and that I needed to go back to my eye specialist to figure out what was wrong. So I called my vision insurance and found a doctor that is about 30 minutes away from my house. Here to come to find out I have eye allergies along with dry eye. Simple for all the issues I was having.

Good thing I found someone that knows what they are doing, found the right contact, right eye drops to help with dry eye and drops to help with my eye allergies. I also found out that my glasses I got through America's Best is a little different than what they gave me but the new doc wasn't worried but if I wanted to get new glasses I could since hey I was eligible for a full eye exam, contact exam, and new glasses again plus contacts. But it was ran through my insurance. Does that make any sense? So today I called the 800 number and spoke to a woman that again wasn't understanding nothing I was saying. She had me pissed. I deserve some respect when I'm explaining everything and the fact that the store and the person I spoke with today never ever listened to a word I said is beyond belief.

You could of offered something back to me but to say nothing was noted on my account from all the stuff I called about the times I was in. And to tell me well it's past 30 days for a refund, let me tell you something it was nonstop for 4 months with America's Best then switched to a new eye specialist that could actually help me. So because I paid $298 dollars to America's Best with no help then paid another $105 at the new doc, what does that tell you I'm out money I spent. I will never ever ever deal with America's Best. You're a lying third party that just wants money and know nothing as to what you are doing. The customers you do have should open their eyes and find better for their sake. Thanks for nothing America's Best.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information