Discover the right online glasses retailer now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.56/5

913 America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 28, 2019

Bought one pair and when I picked them up decided to also pick up the second pair for the Special offering. Had difficulties with pair #1 fitting properly and made daily trips back until it was finally corrected. This was not the fault of AB, but of the sensitivity I have with wearing glasses. MARGIE continued to make adjustment for me with a SMILE and understanding until she knew I was fully satisfied. So finally after about 5 trips back, I think we there with the adjustments, but yet so was reminded IF I still have any problems to make sure to return for further adjustments. All of the associates were Great and they know what it takes to have a fully satisfied customer with the products and services they provide.... Thank you Margie.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I have purchased eyeglasses for 27 years. With changes in insurance over the years I have been to Sears, LensCrafters, Thoma & Sutton & I think Pearle Vision for glasses. A few years ago I decided I wanted to purchase two pairs (to leave one at work) and there was a good promotion advertised at America's Best so I thought I would give this company a try! So happy I did! I have gone in at different times meeting a mixture of personnel. Some I hadn't seen before and others I recognized as working with previously. Each time I have been please by the kindness and knowledge of the crew.

I've worked in health care myself for 36 years (as a RN) and that personal touch... for me... makes ALL the difference. That is why I am taking the time to write! Shannel has hands down been the BEST! Seriously, not only in her knowledge... but her deep down sweet, sincere personality. If I ran my own business I'd seriously think of a way to convince her that my company needed her! I don't know how long she has worked for your company... but she is a gem! I look forward to picking up my glasses and hope it happens to be a day that she works! If not I know the others will be helpful... as they have in the past. So nice to find a store that I know I can stay with and not have to search every two years. Blessings, and happy 2019!

Get expert buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I made an appt at AMC&E after my WalMart appt had to be canceled and there was not another available appt for a few weeks. I made the appt online for both me my 12 yr old son. After making the appt I read some of these reviews and started to get a little worried. When we arrived for our Saturday afternoon appt I was on my guard waiting for them to start lying to me or adding on products and services that I didn't need or knew nothing about or changing the advertised price. I filled out the standard paperwork for my son and I and then we both received our pre-test screening (i.e. the glaucoma test and a few other things). The lady that did the test offered an additional screening for $14 (don't remember what it was for). I declined and there was no further discussion.

I was seen by the Dr. first and my examine was for glasses and multi-focal contacts. I have worn contacts for decades but never multi-focal. The examine was pretty typical and he explained that he thought with my vision and age I was a great candidate for multi-focal contacts. I picked out some frames and sat with the optician. Now I was really on guard; based on the reviews I read, here is where the slimy sales stuff starts. She asked if I wanted single vision or bi-focal glasses.

I asked what the minimum price of bi-focal would be compared to single vision. She looked it up and told me bi-focal glasses, with the frames I picked out, would be around (I don't remember exactly) $250 and single-vision around $100. I told her I only really wear my glasses at night before bed so to watch TV so I don't think I needed bi-focal. She agreed and even wrote down for me the strength for drugstore readers to get so I could use those at night if I needed to read.

WHAT! WAIT A SECOND! ABC&G just gave me a plan to spend LESS MONEY with them They helped me save money! My son came out of his appt with the Dr. picked out glasses and we had a similar pleasant experience with him - no fast talking, no hidden fees, very up-front and honest. I went back today for a follow up on my multi-focal contacts and order my 1-yr supply and, wait for it, their contacts were cheaper than the ones I priced out online. And, they will ship them to my home for free.

Lastly, I bought into their subscription club for an additional $10 and now I get three years of eye examines for free. My son got two pairs of glasses and his examine was free. I just don't get all the complaints. Makes me wonder if some people just don't read the fine print and start to make assumptions and then are disappointed when there are charges they didn't expect. You got me, but I had a great experience with ABC&G!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Second time I've used this company, both in Charleston, SC and Brick, NJ. I found them to be highly professional, thorough and they went out of their way to make sure I was happy with my purchases. In the Brick, NJ establishment two weeks ago, a young lady was even kind enough to fix my husband's frame for free while I shopped around for my frames. I have had my share of bad experiences that included incorrect scrips, bifocal lines incorrect and also my share of excellent experiences from high dollar eye physicians and I can say that America's Best is truly reasonable in their product they sell the consumer. They do not lack in service and/or experience in any way and I recommend you give the company in your area a try.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

HONESTLY... I DID NOT WANT TO GO HERE, but now that I am a BABY BOOMER ON MEDICARE... MY POCKETBOOK HAD TO RULE! I called at 3:30 and was told that I could get same day service! From start to finish, I received top-notch, friendly and helpful service! The front desk staff was welcoming, friendly and expeditious! The choices of frames was much better than I was expecting! I found over six styles that were fashionable and reasonably current. I knew going in that the two for $69 would not apply to me, since I use the progressive lenses with anti-glare, but the fabulous Patrick (he was THE BEST!!!) patiently, and completely rallied on my behalf to make sure that I definitely got the most bang for my buck -- and he did it with panache, experience, diligence and gusto! He was the BEST eyeglass consultant ever!! And no attitude about my need to get the BEST DEAL!

The in-take technician was also AMAZING AND SO FRIENDLY AND APPROACHABLE; he explained every test, answered every question FULLY. I am so sorry that I do not recall his name, but he was there on the late shift of 9/20/18 at the Central Avenue store in Colonie, NY. The optometrist was also SUPERIOR! She was a young professional with great knowledge, sensitivity and honesty; willing to find the very best options for me regarding future cataract surgery, my prescription, and my current needs as a reluctant "older" patient. ;) Finally, the eyeglass fitting service person was fastidious and precise, friendly and reassuring! I am honestly super happy that I chose to go to America's BEST -- after many years of snobbery! All I did was spend too much money! No... they will not have the latest frames, but they will have many fashionable choices!

And if I want the latest Oprah-donned fabulous high styling in frames, I can use my new prescription to order them at a later date when I have a little extra cash. I got a pair of the highest end progressive lenses with anti-glare coating in a DKNY designer frame, as well as a funky, clunky, black over-sized Ray-Ban looking frame for reading only, with the basic lenses offered in their "two-for" advertising for a total of $327 (which included an additional, selective exam fee of an extra $15). This cost was after the application of the $125 Medicare coverage from my Humana plan. I last spent over $600 for two pairs of glasses!

I have NEVER written a review, but I HAD to write this one! If your pocketbook will only allow their bottom end offerings, they will do their utmost to help you find the very best you can get! I did NOT experience any pressure! So... it is BEST not to judge a book by its cover! They made it clear to me that I did not have to get glasses there just because I took advantage of the free exam through my Medicare! If only every business was as down-to-earth, friendly, and helpful!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: July 19, 2019

I went to America's Best for a new contact lens prescription in January. I have an allergy to silicone-based products and have specific contact lens materials that do not irritate my eyes. I told the doctor all about it. The brand of contact lens I had been wearing had been discontinued, so the doctor ordered me trial lenses in another brand. They burned my eyes because they were NOT made of the material I can use. This happened twice more. Three times she ordered lenses that burned my eyes AND it took FIVE MONTHS. In May I asked for a refund and a prescription to take elsewhere. They very grudgingly agreed. When I got home I realized they had given me an envelope containing a prescription for EYEGLASSES, not contact lenses. This is why I added SNEAKY along with INEPT and UNPROFESSIONAL to their description. GO ELSEWHERE.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Contact lenses are considered medical devices, therefore you cannot switch brands without approval by federal law. When you go to America's Best you are written prescription for their in house brand which is not carried by other, cheaper online retailers. The cost of a year of contacts through America's Best is $300. For the same contacts under a different name (think brand name and generic) through Contact Lens King you pay $104. But because the NAME is different the eye doctor must approve this. Which they don't like to do because now you aren't buying their grossly overpriced contacts. If a medical doctor refused to prescribe you medicine that you could obtain at a better price from a different pharmacy they would lose their license. This should be no different.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I had an eye exam at America's Best, I was informed I had cataracts and that why I'm seeing double/blurry. I went to LensCrafters and there's no sign of cataracts. If you go to America's Best you'll definitely need a second opinion. Also, frames are cheap garbage!!!

Original review: July 15, 2019

Worst pair of glasses I have EVER had. And I'm old. Never again. Glasses weren't 6 months old and full of scratches. NOTE: I ALWAYS used the special cloth. Always. I'm thinking (1) they charged me for but didn't do the coating or (2) it was done poorly with cheap materials. My advice: don't go there... I won't.

Original review: July 4, 2019

If low reviews isn't enough, they also have a D rating with B.B.B. 1st visit: should have walked out when (dr.) ** (llr license **) asked me to guess, and I'm using the term Doctor lightly. Michelle was great at helping me pick out glasses. She also informed me the (doc.) didn't do a contact exam even though I requested one, but no biggie. They could use what exam they got. 2nd visit: picked up trial contacts and glasses. Great staff. 3rd visit: left eye on glasses and contacts was wrong. They said wait 2 weeks adjustment period, which I did. 4th visit: Doctor wasn't there Wed. or Thurs so I made an appointment. 5th visit: which was an appointment. ** informed me I only had a contact lens exam appointment (which was a lie) so she would try to get the glasses right when the 2nd trial contacts came back.

6th visit made an appointment for contact trial fitting and glasses redo exam. When she called me up she asked me the left one didn't work? I told her I was there for the fitting because at the last appointment she told me I should have been fitted when I picked up the trials. She said I would have to wear them an hour before the exam, left with trials to try over the weekend hoping they worked and just make a redo exam for left glass lens. Last visit went back to get a refund on contacts and glasses. Waiting on a refund for them, but they got me for $119 for the useless exam. The manager (Michelle) was really concerned and offered a different Doctor, but after reading reviews and a D with Better Business Bureau I chose to lose the $119 rather than wait until their 30 day policy was up and lose $700. They also had a sign on the door which prohibits firearms. I don't think they have anything to worry about, I would hate to see their clients aim.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information