America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses

Compare Eyeglasses Online

Research top Eyeglasses Online recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

When I initially got the exam the doctor started flipping out because I was there for a contact and eye glass exam and she started flipping out about getting paid and proceeded to the front desk and they told her I have insurance. She insisted on giving me the most expensive contact and sent me home with contacts that didn't fit my eyes, which I found out a week later. Then she gives me something else and when the contacts came no one called me. I had to go there myself and was given no directions or to see if the contacts fit my eyes. My friend went as well and noticed how dirty and messy the eye exam room was. I will never come back here or refer anyone to this place!

I have gone to the same eye care provider for the past 8 years. I wasn't happy with the last couple of visits and decided to try a new place. I searched and found that America's Best had recently opened a new store in my area, so I set up an appointment. From the moment I walked in, the service was outstanding! I was very pleased with the entire visit. They were very professional, and even took the time to be sure that I got the best deal, even though I have insurance, Taylor ran my options several different ways, making sure that I got the best deal for my money! I would highly recommend them to anyone that needs glasses, contacts, or both. They have a customer for life with me!!! Thank you to everyone in the Crowne Plaza store, located in Knoxville, TN. I could not be happier with my contacts and glasses.

Today (6/8/2017), I had a customer service experience in store #5193 which left me underwhelmed. I walked into the store at around 12:50 pm and was immediately greeted. Well done. I explained to the team member that I had a prescription for reader glasses that I wanted to get filled and handed her the written prescription. She glanced at the prescription and without even taking me to be seated she began to upsell me on bifocals. I explained that I did not need bifocals and that I only need the glasses for reading. She continued to attempt the upsell to bifocals right there in the middle of the store. I then told her that my doctor told me it would be my decision to get bifocals or not because they are only needed for reading.

The team member continues her upsell, still there in the middle of the store without the courtesy of seating me somewhere semi-private for the conversation. There was at least one other customer seated in the store at this time and I was very uncomfortable discussing my eye prescription in the middle of the store. At this point, I felt the team member was not listening to me at all. Her tactic of challenging me on my choice in the middle of the store was demeaning. Once I explained to her that my doctor had given me a choice and that I had chosen not to opt for the bifocals, her conversation should have been focused elsewhere. I had already had this conversation with the prescribing doctor and told her as much.

She continued to attempt to upsell the bifocals. I was not being respected and surely could not expect good service at this point. I took back my prescription, said, "Thank You", and turned to leave the store. As I did this, the ** woman behind the counter where we were standing said, “…and don't come back in here with that rudeness.” I did not respond and continued to exit the store.

The woman who said this should be extremely grateful that I am the Christian man I am today and not the person I was several years ago. I know how to be rude...I simply choose not to. Making a scene would have been uncomfortable for other customers. Coming back to “Americas Best” will not be an issue for me or anyone I have influence over. I am certain this is NOT what you typically expect from your team members and this may have been an isolated incident. You would do well to check into it. If you have surveillance footage of that time frame, this would make an excellent training point.

In May 2017 I paid $561.00 for two pairs of glasses; almost 10 times what they advertise for; they finally called me and when I went to get the glasses they were totally wrong. They charged me for the 2nd most expensive bifocal prescription and yet I could not see thru them. They told me that I had to wait for them to order again the glasses, they tried to blame me for their mistake in the prescription. No one has ever bothered to call me, so today 06/08/2017 I went in to see about my glasses. I was told that they are not ready. Not their fault and now I cannot get my money back even though they never delivered the product. They simply told me that if I don't agree with them to call the complaint department. Basically it is not their problem, it is my problem and if I don't like it tuff, they got my money and they are keeping it.

I was given the gift of two pair of eyeglasses for Christmas 2016. When the glasses came in, I was unable to wear them. They caused headaches and were unusable. Upon returning to my local store, I was re-examined and informed that the prescription was exactly half as strong as they needed to be. They re-ordered the 2 pair and when they came in, I went to pick them up. They were great, and the Doctor recommended I buy the insurance on them, stating that even if I lost them, they'd be covered. Well, sadly, that's exactly what happened late April 2017. So... since they "were covered" I phoned my local office and was informed that they were not, in fact, covered in the case of "loss". Once I told the staff that the Doctor had said they WERE covered, they eventually agreed to replace ONE pair... and advised me that the very same Doctor had misspoken, and that it had happened before with this particular Doctor. Great.

So I get one pair filled and pick them up, only to not be able to wear them. Turns out, the lab had reversed the lenses... left eye in the right position, and right eye in the left position. I go back AGAIN. Now I have a new pair that should have been right... however, sadly, they are not. Just went back again this morning to see Doctor **. NOT A NICE GUY. He had the nerve, and lack of professionalism to tell me that I needed to understand that progressive lenses can be blurry. I've worn the same type of glasses for 15 years, and I know what's entailed in wearing this type of lens. I tried, in vain, to explain to him all I had been through in trying to get these glasses right, whereupon he told me "What you should say is that you understand that you should get the glare-resistant lenses". I nearly fell out of the chair. He was cocky, treated me like I was flat-out stupid and I wouldn't wish a visit with him on my worst enemy.

I conveyed these thoughts to the staff person who helped me when the exam was finished. I was told "he has his moods"... to her credit, she did disregard the office visit and make another appointment for me next Wednesday with the only other Doctor they have at that location. All in all, I'd not ever go there again, they are very disorganized in general. Although, as with any business, there are employees there that actually care about the services they offer as opposed to the employees who are just trying to make 40 hours a week.

My Christmas present cost $300. I did get a lot of extras such as progressive lenses, lenses that turn into sunglasses outdoors. But I did get the cheapest frames... still $300. If you expect to get 2 pair of glasses for $69, understand what exactly you're getting... ask questions. I knew mine would be much more expensive, however, I did (sadly) expect them to at least be correct when I received them. Personally, I'd never waste my time with these folks again. Nightmare!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

The exam for my prescription was minimal. He didn't ask for my old prescription. He didn't dilate my eyes or do any drops. Half the slides he showed me looked dirty (not blurry), dirty like they needed a cleaning and were touched by fingers. So my exam was off. I ended up getting a prescription where one of my eyes got "better" and the other was way worse.

When I got my glasses I felt dizzy in them, when I covered one eye it was a lot blurrier than the other. I told the desk workers this and they refused to do anything about it. They told me to give it a week for me to get use to it. I have to go to work, I can't just not see correctly. They didn't listen to me when I said one eye was blurry. I wore them for the rest of the day and my eyes hurt very badly, I felt nauseous as well. I've had a headache for 2 days now trying to "get used to" these glasses. I've tripped over at least 5 things in my house because one eye makes things look closer than the other. But I guess I can't complain about it until a week is up. I hope I don't trip over anything and hurt myself at work.

Led to believe I was getting the 2 pairs of glasses and free exam deal for $69. But went to pick up glasses today and they only gave me one pair and I asked why. The lady said it's because I filed insurance!! Like they couldn't have told me this beforehand!! So I ended up paying $67 for one pair of glasses and paid 10$ for exam. What liars and ripoff.

I had my first visit to take advantage of that commercial so I could get 2 pairs of glasses. From their website: "Two Pairs of Glasses for $69.95, including a FREE eye exam! Come see America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses for your prescription glasses and contact lenses!" This is a scam. After adding the lenses it came to over $200 so I only paid for the eye exam and went straight to Walmart Eye Center. My glasses there cost only $80. The employees at ABCE were very nice and professional but this is a warning to all consumers.

Don't waste your time, I just returned from my second trip to the local America's Best, should be called "America's Worse." I was told last week after measuring me and my frames there would be no problem putting new lenses in my safety glasses. I needed a credit card from my company to pay for the new lenses so I went back in today to send my frames out for my new lenses. Now I am told they can't put progressive lenses in my frames (really they could figure out how to put the information in their computer).

I was told if I wanted to wait for the manager she could possibly order my lenses. I arrived short after 10:00 am today. I asked when the manager would be in and was told she was in the parking lot... sure enough there she stood talking to one of her friends. After 25 minutes of waiting for her I left (she was still talking to her friend). Went straight to another store (not a America's Best). Got re-measured, ordered my new lenses and was out and gone in less than 45 minutes. America's Best does not know what they are doing and could care less. If they get your business, save yourself some trouble... go somewhere else.

I recently made an appointment for my daughter with America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses. I was quite disappointed in the disorganized way this place runs their business, as well as the rude way their techs interact with clients. I booked my appointment online, but when I arrived for the appointment they had doubled booked for that time. I have chosen to work with another local business, and would not recommend America's Best Contacts and Glasses to anyone who expects to work with a professional staff of techs and doctors.

I ordered two pairs of glasses with additional things such as making my lens smaller since they're so thick, scratch resistance, and glare proof. I have waited a total of a two months and three days for ONE pair of glasses, (by the time I get them it will be two months and a week) out of the two I purchased, that's IF they even fixed them this time around. The first pair I had to resend in three times, once for wrong prescription, another for flipping the lens the wrong way (the astigmatism backwards so I couldn't see out of them) and for the frame being messed up. I haven't even taken home my second pair since I've purchased them. I spent a total of $330 for these glasses.

The first store I went to took three weeks to get them done, and didn't ever call me whenever they were ready time after time I had sent them in, after the manager gave me a hard time and told me to basically suck it up and get my refund, (at this point it has been about a month I've given my glasses multiple times for their screw ups to fix) so, I transferred stores, given the fact I never have had a problem with their company when I was younger. After switching stores, my second pair (Which I still don't have) is getting "repaired" for about the 10th time. Please do not waste your money and time here. They are horrid, and will more than likely screw everything up for you. (They have also lost my glasses multiple times at both locations.) These two locations are 11534 South District Main Dr, Suite 100, South Jordan, UT 84095 and 20 7200 S, Midvale, UT 84047.

The worst customer service I have ever had to deal with! Hold time on the phone! They didn't order my contacts till 2 weeks after the appointment! I went into the office with a schedule appointment 3 times and each time they sent me away because someone screwed up! Instead of apologizing they tried making it seems as it was my fault! I hate this place. As soon as I do my last eye exam (I paid for 3 years worth) I will NEVER RETURN! Snobby, rude, and annoying staff that has no idea what they are doing more than half the time!

In September of 2016 I purchased an eye exam and two pairs of glasses from America's Best, I was told the price was $400.00 but for their best product, but had to pay actually $563.00, the glasses were made so badly they gave me headaches all day every day. The lenses were also bad I could not even see my computer without looking straight up. America's Best offered to remake these glasses but really did not have a frame that fit my nose so I got another pair of glasses that was bigger but not any better. Not only that the glasses were 3 times as heavy and hurt my nose even more. I put up with the pain for a few month then I contacted America's Best again asked them to refund my money so I can go and buy a pair of glasses somewhere else, they refused and suggested I go back to the store where I purchased these glasses and got two bad ones.

However I did go and see another eye doctor at Optical Outlet in Lake Wales Florida. They gave me a different prescription and a different type of frame to solve the headache problem. All this I paid for out of my pocket $169.00 one third of the cost at America's Best Eyeglasses. To sum this all up America's Best charged me $563.00 for a wrong prescription, wrong size of eyeglass frames, bifocals that were added incorrect, and a no-glare lenses that had more glare than regular lenses. I Emailed customer care a number of times just to get the run around from their employee in charge of customer relations, her name was Ann. All she did is tell me what they can't do.

Myself and my wife Sarah ** had appt. 3-16-17. Both of us have had many pairs made at different stores. Never had any we weren't very happy with until now. I took mine back, told them I couldn't see with them. The doctor said I just need to get use to the glasses. She did another eye test on me, came up with same numbers. This lead me to wonder what she was doing wrong. My bifocals were too low they sent them back. Took 2 weeks to get them back. The glasses will not stay on my face, still can't see with them myself and my wife are wearing our old glasses. Will never go back to this excuse for eye care. This is the store 1341 W Walnut Ave.

Scammers! Have been going there with my whole family for years. Will never go or allow family to go there again. Fort Lima road location. Dr. is the only thing good. Everyone else I encountered didn't know anything. They told my wife one thing then when I take off work to go it was a different story! Girls were rude and very slow and talkative. Stupid place. I don't like liars. America's worst glasses and contacts!!

For years my visits have been fair and on mid ground. I've had 1 great and 1 horrible experience. Hence I chose to go with the middle for my review. First was awesome doctor, lots of help, no worries. She was thorough, helped me with my changes in prescription and I really appreciated her. She took time to listen to my concern about brands and I wasn't rushed.

Second visit was a walk in with my son. They looked right in my face and lied. He couldn't be seen because walk ins were "space permitting". Considering there were 2 techs and a doctor at the counter when I walked in I figured they had space. No one was waiting and one person was being fitted for specs. I could have handled it better if they told me they didn't want to be bothered because they were closing in 45 min than to look right at me and lie. Having difficulty going back, will probably take my family of 4 blind mice to a place they appreciate our business. I don't like feeling like they can't be bothered and the other visits weren't good enough to overcome the bad.

First off, when I made the appointments for myself and my daughter, I was told our 9:10 am appointments would be the first of the day. When we arrived at the store, on the sign it noted that the doctor didn't even arrive until 9:30. Once everything was said and done and I had paid the bill, we were told our orders would be in, in 2 weeks at the latest. Here it is, two weeks later and still no glasses. When I called the store, it took more than 30 minutes before I could even get anything besides a busy signal. When I finally got through I was placed on hold for 10 minutes only to be told, "No, they aren't in yet, it might be this week, it might not." Super professional... Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

If anyone decides to go to America's Best Glasses to get an eye exam, you might want to re-think that decision. I had an appointment last Thursday, and when I get to the office, the receptionist tells me there was an emergency and the optometrist had to leave for the day. Okay, no problem. I made another appointment for today, and when I get there, the receptionist tells me there was not a doctor in the office. I said (fairly loudly), "What do you mean there's not a doctor!?!? This happened last week and you're telling me they aren't here again?!?!?" All the receptionist said is "I'm sorry". I walked out, and I'm never going back there. Now, maybe other stores in the country might be better staffed, but no America's Best in Texas will get my business. They didn't even have the courtesy to call and inform me a doctor was not going to be there. How's that for customer service?

According to the sign on their door and my previous experience I was disappointed to find out that, after driving quite a way out of the way to the nearest America's Best, when I walked-in to get glasses today that I needed to schedule out an appointment for a week from now. Definitely would have just called to schedule an appointment if I wasn't led to believe that walk-ins were welcome.

Went to the store in Medford Oregon. Got the free eye exam and 2 pairs of glasses... one regular and one sunglasses. Thought this was absolutely great. But should have known better. I had glasses before seeing them and due to the poor vision in my right eye from a cataract my old glasses had one thick lens and one regular lens. Everything was great with those glasses for well over two years then I went to America's Best being I knew I needed a new pair and a exam again. Well this doctor prescribed my glasses with single vision plastic lenses of the same thickness... or lack of. I have had to take them back for some sort of light/sun spots in them already and now these glasses have made my vision even worse.

My left eye is almost as bad as my right one now from wearing these. And I have trouble seeing even something as close as a television menu or guide, much less road signs or hazards when driving. And the headaches from eye strain are horrid now. I just don't get it. The vision in my left eye was fine before these glasses. Now I can barely see from it either. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Also my frames are broken. I have the protection plan and have taken them there to get them to send them off to be fixed but instead they insist on tightening screws and that's that. It's not the screws, it's the frame that is cracked and the lens falls out all the time.

I purchased the exam and two pair of eye glasses. One pair I purchased the warranty. The other I did not. This was due to frame style. The warranty was entered wrong into their system 1st off. The 2nd is I came in a few days post a year purchase. They stated on the phone they could be fixed under warranty or it would be $25. I was informed no it is too far past warranty. They would not do anything to compromise the situation. Customer services are lacking greatly. This is from the Matthews, NC location.

Draw you in with bait and switch. Went in to get eye exam and contact lens exam and 2 pairs of glasses... for $69.95... Picked out two frames. After she totaled bill, $349.00... With no explanation. Told her take one pair off... Final bill $214. Don't buy in, don't even walk in their door.

I tried the nice way and NO LUCK with America's Worst Contacts & Eyeglasses! Spent almost $800 and got a pair of defective eyeglasses. Complained at the store level, people don't care! Emailed customer service and they referred to same no care people at the store! Endless defective service loop. Tried to find CEO and all I got was his name. Berkshire Hathaway owns them? I am used to much better service than this. If anyone has any suggestions, I am open. From the looks of the complaints, it seems others are having the same issues. Perhaps a class action lawsuit will get them to respond. I will try the BBB and Attorney General of Missouri first and escalate from there! Ridiculous!

As other reviewers on this site have stated, AB pushes other exams and fees at the customer as well as pulling the "bait and switch" on which types of glasses you should "need". On top of this, one of the people giving me the "field test"(?) exam wasn't above attempting to "shame" me about my eyesight, claiming that it was bad enough to keep me from getting my driving license. Of course she was unaware that I recently had a similar test at my place of employment which cleared me to drive some very large vehicles. I seriously doubt that they would have done so if my eyesight were as bad as this person claimed. At the very least, I thought it was done in a mean-spirited or callous way.

DONT GO HERE!!! Well I never have gotten an eye exam and this place I thought was good... after my contact follow up appointment I had a terrible experience there. The reason I know what I'm about to say is because I went to LensCrafters yesterday. The doctors at this place are under qualified that is why is priced so cheap, you get what you pay for. Also the doctor violated my HIPAA agreement 3 times! When I proceeded to bring up the word lawsuit they lied. I bumped into the assistant in front of my children. They literally lied.

The exam machines are outdated. The doctors are under qualified. The place is dirty. They also are not ok with giving you a prescription if you dont buy the contacts from them. My prescription there hurted and was uncomfortable. At LensCrafters felt like I'm not wearing them. The exam was totally different and their technology is jaw dropping. Dont go here. If you're in Boulder go here http://local.lenscrafters.com/co/boulder.html.

March 3rd I have ordered and received two pair of glasses. The reading glasses was done wrong, I had to see my doctor and said it was not as doctor order. Sunglasses still there and cannot use. Have paid for it. Ten days later still waiting. I am going back for refund.

I went to this store to take advantage of their advertised two sets of eyeglasses for 69.95. I did not walk out of the store paying anywhere close to the 69.95. It was more like 250.00. All along their back wall they advertise two pair for 69.95. I selected two frames and after filling the prescription, I had to apply my discount program to bring it down to the 250.00. It would have cost more like 300.00 without the discount. I think their advertisement is very deceptive and should not be offered if this does not apply to all cases.

I just had the most unpleasant experience with America's Best. To call this a bait and switch - false advertising company does not even come close. I knew I was in trouble upon my arrival where I was privy to the training of a new employee. Without apology the trainer was telling how it was important to encourage customers to begin by looking at glasses of the "red category" and up as these are of higher cost. She also made mention that if they are purchasing one plastic pair to push for the second pair to not be plastic. Again a money making ploy. Upon the exam I was encouraged to have the screening upgrade ($15) for glaucoma, brain tumors and other risks with "age". I did so thinking it would be a legitimate screening only to find it was another computerized screen completed by a non trained employee. Scam.

Next came the sales... yep everything is additional cost. So, for the cheapest price of $122.00 for 1 pair of glasses you can walk away with the quality of a Target $9.99 pair. I decided to skip the purchase of glasses and just pay for the exam. When I asked to take a copy of my prescription with me they did everything possible to not give it to me. First they said they are happy to fax it to another one of their stores. I again pressed for a copy. I was told "ok" and was handed a sealed envelope. When I checked I only had a copy of my receipt. I again asked for a copy. They said they could write it down for me but wrote it so sloppy that I could not read it. I then asked to have a real copy of my form and was told it went against their policy and customers are not allowed to have copies of their records. What????

As a medical professional I am well aware that all individuals are "allowed" to have copies of their personal health care information. They then agreed to let me write down my information but the general manager continued to hold the record and would place his hands and other papers over the information I needed. For me the worst part was how rude and disrespectful the general manager behaved with me. I promptly made a call to their corporate office where I was told I would be contacted ASAP with support. I am still awaiting a call.

Went in for an eye exam. When it was time to get glasses representative came up with almost $500.00 cost for just regular glasses. They advertise free eye exam with 2 pairs of glasses. These glasses were single vision and not name brand. After telling him the price is way too high, he said that he can lower that. It ended up being $258.00. That just showed how they rip you off.

He said that glasses will be in within 7 days. I called on the 8th day and I was told glasses were not in yet. Called on the 10th day and glasses were just sitting there. No one bothered to call and inform me that glasses were in. When I showed up to pick them up all the girls in the office were on their cell phones texting and having personal conversations. Never bothered to hang up the phone. I asked for cleaning cloth that I was told I would get with my glasses and they said that they are out. Instead of all those girls being on the phone they should make sure they have supplies. Definitely will not be back, and I will tell other people how bad their service is.

Half a year ago I purchased contact lenses and glasses. Also I purchased 3 year membership which I regret. They are good in selling services and get the money but if it comes to their service it is horrible. First time I did my eye exam the doctor prescribed me 2.50 and 2.75 and I asked for 2.50 for both eyes. The doctor said that is fine and I purchased the contact lenses and glasses. After a while I visited them again and the secretary looked at my records and told me that the glasses are not 2.50 for both eyes, one was 2.75. I was using my contact lenses 2.50 for both eyes and I was wearing glasses very often. I did not feel good in that glasses.

I asked the doctor if I can buy another glasses with the same lenses on both eyes but the answer was NO, I could only buy what was originally in the papers. That is ridiculous. At America's Best the doctors are prescription writers trained to get as much money they can and damage your vision so they get even more money. I visited another eye doctor and he checked that 2.25 glasses are good for me and my vision is great. He advised me to take vitamins and to do specific exercises with my eye to improve my vision. I would call this eye doctor a real doctor.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Profile