3.9/5 (666 ratings)

About America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

They don't put your real eye measurement in the contact prescription. They just decide what brand contacts you should get, then write the size of the contacts as if that was your real eye measurement. What if you went to a shoe store, and the shoe salesman decided you should get Reebok shoes, but they only came in size 7. Then for your shoe size chart, they wrote the size of the Reebok shoe they sold you rather than your real foot measurement. That way you’re locked into buying Reeboks rather than a brand that fits your foot. I went in asking for Freshlook Colorblends, but they sold me AirOptix Colors because that was the latest greatest. They were horrible and didn’t fit my eye. I ended up with red eye. They gave me the wrong prescription in my left eye to boot because they decided I was older and wouldn’t see up close even though I see near great

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

WARNING! Pay attention to ALL the negative reviews they are 100% accurate. The horrible experience was from beginning to end. 1. No one helped me choose eyewear. I had to choose my own. 2. When the lady finally helped to take the measurements for my lenses she commented “if that’s the lens you want for your face then fine.“ I was appalled at her comment but having had everything already done figured let me just finish with this sale and never come back. But it only gets worse from there. 3. Two and a half weeks later after not hearing from them I called to see if the eyeglasses were ready. I was told they weren’t and not to call asking they will call me.

4. Two more weeks later I called and they were ready. I never received a call. At this time the woman who answers insisted on mispronouncing my name even after I corrected her. It’s a simple name to say but she wanted to pronounce it her way which was offensive as her pronounciation is a Wicca practice. 5. I went to go pick up my glasses and I was completely insulted at the treatment. Then lady at the front desk handed me the glasses and said “Here let us know if you need them fixed”. I was left alone at the table to adjust the bridge myself and look for things to read to make sure the strength was correct because she sat back at her computer and ignored my presence.

I got a pair of designer frames and they gave me a cheap plastic generic case. That was a ripoff. You could never get me to go back even if they were giving away $$ with free eyewear. The experience was so bad I will be emailing my insurance company in hopes they are removed from acceptable opticals my insurance covers.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I purchased a pair of $350 DKNY Glasses and when I went to pick them up, they told me that it didn't include a case. On top of that, the salespeople are more concerned about chatting with each other than actually helping customers. I never even got a call that my glasses were in.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

They suck. Do not shop there. Period. I would not go there for anything in the world. They're the worst in the world. Do not go there. Their sales people are rude. They are very inexperienced and you should not shop there at all. Do not go.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

All except one customer service reps talked condescendingly and acted annoyed during service. Glasses took several days to be prepared- no problem, however, prescription was wrong when I sat to actually use them at home. They seemed fine in store, but under rushed conditions. When I returned them, I simply stated that I could not read small print through them. Lady was very rude to me. That has lingered with me for over a year. Will NEVER return.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I was stupid enough to take my Grandson here and even though I was convinced to pay for 3 years of eye exams I will not return. We were told his glasses would be shipped to my house within 14 days but 3 weeks later and no glasses and no explanation

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

On Sept 24, 2022, my eyeglasses were ordered under my husband's insurance due to a mistake from the store manager. The eyeglasses were also ordered with the wrong prescription also by mistake of the store manager. I went on 10/22/2022 to pick them up, and my husband tried to order his eyeglasses but Freddy ** the assistant manager was rude and refused to switch the claim from my insurance account so my husband could use his benefits, after all it was not a mistake on our part but rather the store mistake.

I called the insurance and I cannot fix it. The provider America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses had to fix it. Unfortunately the assistant manager refuses to call the or to provided me with the Area Manager's phone number. Also according to him the Manager walked out of the job. At this point I have reached out to the Corporate Office of National Vision which is the main company hoping that I will be able to return the glasses with the wrong prescription, void the insurance claim and restart the process with another provider. Very sad situation, I am years old and I have never experience such a bad customer service and rudeness. Usually when a business makes mistakes they are willing to fix the situation and offer an apology. In this case they asked me to fix their mistake knowing I cannot. No apology, no solution and a lot of rudeness.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Earlier this year I had an eye exam, and bought 4 pairs of glasses from America's Best. I received the first 2 pairs and they were OK. I received the 2nd 2 pairs, and they were obviously not made correctly; the prescription was way off and I couldn't see with them. So these had to be re-made. Since then I have noticed with all 4 pairs that the left lens is 'correct' (crisp, clear vision) BUT the right lens is not. Vision is blurry. I didn't notice it initially, but since I have it has become annoying. SO I called them to try to fix the problem and was told they will only repair problems within 90 days of purchase. It seems to me that since the problem is obviously their fault - they would be willing to fix it. But, unfortunately, they are more interested in not losing a small amount of money than their reputation. I do not recommend America's Best.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

I had a eye appointment Sept 28 at Ridge Road, Greece NY. Now, I checked with Davis Vision this location is listed as "in network", the Greece location website says accepts Davis Vision and when I checked in I handed my Davis Vision Insurance card to the person. When the exam was done and I did not want to buy glasses that day, I was told they will not bill the insurance company and I would have to pay the $59.95 for the exam. Why should I pay when I have insurance, I was told "no pay no prescription". So I left.

Called the store to check where the miscommunication was from, the person who answers the phone said he would call me back (trouble logging in he said), still waiting for the return call. Emailed corporate was told Davis has many different policies and the store manager will contact me. Now, My time is valuable, I had to leave work early for this appointment. I just want the eye exam and can shop another day for glasses when I have more time. I am a repeat customer, and this is just bad business. Sneaky, fraud. Now I want to verify they are not going to bill the insurance company and not go after me for this.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I ordered my son 2 glasses a little over a week ago. I paid a fee of $11 for expedited (1 or 2 days). I received an email asking for the prescription that I filled in to the order online. I emailed the prescription to their support team. Then I called them yesterday and I was transferred to multiple agents. Some simply hung up the phone. Others told me that they cannot find my son in their system. After the third time I asked to speak to a manager. She was NO help. I Still have no information on the glasses I purchased for my son. Except for the "thank you for your order'' and "email your prescription message." So they can see my order because they sent me an email requesting a prescription I already sent but they can't pull it up when I called. At this point I just want my refund so I can go to Walmart. Because my son can't see too well at school. Ordering from America's Best was a mistake I will never make again.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information