Discover the right online glasses retailer now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.64/5

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Reviews

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I first called to see if they excepted my vision insurance. I talked with Charity who was very nice and professional. I was given an appointment for the time that fit my schedule. When I arrived I was greeted with warm smiles and happy faces. I filled out the necessary form and gave her my insurance card and driver's license. I didn't wait long at all before I was taken into the exam room with Aisha. She was also very nice and professional. After she completed my exam, I met with Dr. ** for my results. She was also exceptional. I was told that I needed bifocals. I picked out my frames with the help of the ladies who told me what looked good. I finished the process with Elizabeth. I connected with her instantly. She was so funny and really made the whole experience better. Thanks to all the staff for making me feel special. I would recommend America's Best for anyone needing glasses. I am so happy that I went there.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Bought one pair and when I picked them up decided to also pick up the second pair for the Special offering. Had difficulties with pair #1 fitting properly and made daily trips back until it was finally corrected. This was not the fault of AB, but of the sensitivity I have with wearing glasses. MARGIE continued to make adjustment for me with a SMILE and understanding until she knew I was fully satisfied. So finally after about 5 trips back, I think we there with the adjustments, but yet so was reminded IF I still have any problems to make sure to return for further adjustments. All of the associates were Great and they know what it takes to have a fully satisfied customer with the products and services they provide.... Thank you Margie.

Get expert buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I have purchased eyeglasses for 27 years. With changes in insurance over the years I have been to Sears, LensCrafters, Thoma & Sutton & I think Pearle Vision for glasses. A few years ago I decided I wanted to purchase two pairs (to leave one at work) and there was a good promotion advertised at America's Best so I thought I would give this company a try! So happy I did! I have gone in at different times meeting a mixture of personnel. Some I hadn't seen before and others I recognized as working with previously. Each time I have been please by the kindness and knowledge of the crew.

I've worked in health care myself for 36 years (as a RN) and that personal touch... for me... makes ALL the difference. That is why I am taking the time to write! Shannel has hands down been the BEST! Seriously, not only in her knowledge... but her deep down sweet, sincere personality. If I ran my own business I'd seriously think of a way to convince her that my company needed her! I don't know how long she has worked for your company... but she is a gem! I look forward to picking up my glasses and hope it happens to be a day that she works! If not I know the others will be helpful... as they have in the past. So nice to find a store that I know I can stay with and not have to search every two years. Blessings, and happy 2019!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I made an appt at AMC&E after my WalMart appt had to be canceled and there was not another available appt for a few weeks. I made the appt online for both me my 12 yr old son. After making the appt I read some of these reviews and started to get a little worried. When we arrived for our Saturday afternoon appt I was on my guard waiting for them to start lying to me or adding on products and services that I didn't need or knew nothing about or changing the advertised price. I filled out the standard paperwork for my son and I and then we both received our pre-test screening (i.e. the glaucoma test and a few other things). The lady that did the test offered an additional screening for $14 (don't remember what it was for). I declined and there was no further discussion.

I was seen by the Dr. first and my examine was for glasses and multi-focal contacts. I have worn contacts for decades but never multi-focal. The examine was pretty typical and he explained that he thought with my vision and age I was a great candidate for multi-focal contacts. I picked out some frames and sat with the optician. Now I was really on guard; based on the reviews I read, here is where the slimy sales stuff starts. She asked if I wanted single vision or bi-focal glasses.

I asked what the minimum price of bi-focal would be compared to single vision. She looked it up and told me bi-focal glasses, with the frames I picked out, would be around (I don't remember exactly) $250 and single-vision around $100. I told her I only really wear my glasses at night before bed so to watch TV so I don't think I needed bi-focal. She agreed and even wrote down for me the strength for drugstore readers to get so I could use those at night if I needed to read.

WHAT! WAIT A SECOND! ABC&G just gave me a plan to spend LESS MONEY with them They helped me save money! My son came out of his appt with the Dr. picked out glasses and we had a similar pleasant experience with him - no fast talking, no hidden fees, very up-front and honest. I went back today for a follow up on my multi-focal contacts and order my 1-yr supply and, wait for it, their contacts were cheaper than the ones I priced out online. And, they will ship them to my home for free.

Lastly, I bought into their subscription club for an additional $10 and now I get three years of eye examines for free. My son got two pairs of glasses and his examine was free. I just don't get all the complaints. Makes me wonder if some people just don't read the fine print and start to make assumptions and then are disappointed when there are charges they didn't expect. You got me, but I had a great experience with ABC&G!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Second time I've used this company, both in Charleston, SC and Brick, NJ. I found them to be highly professional, thorough and they went out of their way to make sure I was happy with my purchases. In the Brick, NJ establishment two weeks ago, a young lady was even kind enough to fix my husband's frame for free while I shopped around for my frames. I have had my share of bad experiences that included incorrect scrips, bifocal lines incorrect and also my share of excellent experiences from high dollar eye physicians and I can say that America's Best is truly reasonable in their product they sell the consumer. They do not lack in service and/or experience in any way and I recommend you give the company in your area a try.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

The lady Doctor was wonderful and all the staff was helpful, and very efficient. I went to America's, Best in Royal Oak Michigan. I would recommend this place to anyone. I got my glasses, and was very happy, with efficiency, and kindness of the staff, and doctor.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

It's not as bad as a lot of the reviews here make it seem. But it's not as good as the commercials either. Walking in seeing the 2 glasses and free eye exam for 69.95 special I thought wow! Place is so cheap how do they make money??? Walking out I realized ohhh... A few things you should know before going in. Can you get the 69.95 special? Maybe, would you want it probably not. I'll explain to get the 69.95 special. Your vision can't need more than a correction of 2. If it does you'll have to pay extra 50$ for a higher index lens. And that's how they make their money on upselling every little thing. If you need a -4 on your glasses that 70$ pair would easily more than double to 200$. Then the other thing is all these glasses are cheap frame plastic lens glasses. So if you want better Frames, coatings for scratch anti glare, polycarbon tough lens, All will cost extra all not cheap. So there you go secret to how they make money while having such low prices.

All in all they are about the same if not a bit better than a few eye glasses places I've been to just don't like the bait and switch ads. But if you know what to expect not that bad. Online is really the place to go only problem was my PD but I used standard turned out ok. I got these glasses I have right now for under 50$. Best pair I've ever owned. Anti glare coating is wonderful! And it came standard on these free.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Do not be fooled by the 2 for $69.99 deal. They do not disclose hidden fees. Complete SCAM!! I made my appointment for glasses and contact exam and. When I went in I was asked if I was doing the $69.99 deal I said yes. No mention of additional charges. After my exam I was told I could not get the deal because I got the contact fitting exam. My exam only was now $89 with no glasses. If I wanted glasses they would be $59.99 for cheapest ones each. So my $69.99 deal I came in on would now be $208.98!!! I even offered to pay the difference of contact exam and was told I still couldn't get 2 for 1 deal on glasses. Complete rip off!!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

This place is a definite no. I will never ever try to order from them and will definitely tell everyone to stay away from them especially customer service. They lie to you, scam you, and are all about your orders being what they want them to be. More money, higher glasses and contacts. Match for match. They don't email you proof or after 3 weeks of wearing trial contacts help give you what you want instead keep making it a pain in the behind where finally it comes to cancelling an order. I will never ever order from this rude disgusting lying place.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Not good glasses at all. Cheap frame. I'm going back to the eye doctor to get good glasses. I will not use them again. They did not check my eye very good. Order 2 pair didn't last more than 1 yrs. The frame already broke. Bad experience what you pay is what you get. For 69.99 that tells it all. I will not be back to see them.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information