Discover the right online glasses retailer now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.55/5

913 America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 10, 2019

Contact lenses are medical devices and right now I am stuck with the wrong ones and cannot get this company to even acknowledge or correct this. The store ordered wrong contacts, were notified immediately, did not cancel wrong order, now unable to get them to fulfill correct order. Ignores emails. The store didn't know the difference between Sofmed 1-Day and Sofmed 1-Day breathable contacts. They entered the latter when the prescription as written by the doctor was for the former - the same lenses I have gotten from America's Best for years... The same ones clearly marked by the doctor on the prescription.

I notified the store immediately before leaving. They did not cancel the order. It shipped. They did not then place the correct order, instead they told me to wait for the wrong box to show up, bring it back, and *then* they will order the correct ones. I cannot work without contacts so it was not tenable for me to add 2 weeks into delivery time. Instead I simply ordered the correct ones from the site, as the store claimed they corrected the prescription. This is where the horrid customer service from the store transitions into horrid online support. They held the order as the prescription info was still incorrect.

I have now contacted order fulfillment, as directed by the email, multiple times and gotten NO RESPONSE. I have in fact never received a response from their online support. The fact that I still have the wrong contacts, was charged for the wrong contacts, was expected to wait unnecessarily and two weeks later cannot even get them to allow me to order the correct ones is outrageous. The wrong box should be refunded, the correct order should be released from its arbitrary hold and shipped immediately.

Original review: May 7, 2019

The eye doctor was very rude. The glasses I bought were supposed to be scratch resistant - within a week they were scratched by sheetrock dust. I would never buy another pair from them. They charge for every little thing - it's no deal.

Original review: May 6, 2019

On April 13, 2019, I ordered progressive lens glasses (from a Kelsey Seybold optometrist prescription) from America’s Best in Webster, TX at a total cost of $389. After a long 10 days wait for the glasses to be ready, the frames and prescription were wrong. However, store staff was trying to indicate the “outside” dr prescription could be wrong and frame was correct. Without actually admitting the frame and prescription were wrong, they reordered the glasses with the frame originally chosen with the correct prescription (or so I thought!). After waiting another 8 days for the correct eyeglasses, I still thought the frames didn’t look quite right but frame # matched my original choice. When I again said it did not provide clear vision, the store staff again tried to point out it was an “outside” prescription.

When I told them I would take these to my dr, they said I had 30 days from time of order to return them. Of course, since it had taken so long to get the glasses in hand, I wanted in writing my deadline date to bring them back. As they were checking into this, I glanced at the documents they had left on the table in front of me. The document that accompanied the eyeglasses from the lab stated my prescription: Sphere on right eye was +4.00 (rounded up from 3.99). HOWEVER, my prescription was +3.00. When this was brought to their attention, the glasses were immediately taken to the back to have the actual lens specifications checked. It was confirmed, the right lens was +4.00 not +3.00. And one of the staff STILL indicated..."they round up”. I just said to cancel the order. It’s so sad that no one in lab caught this error nor did any of the store’s staff showing very poor quality control. Do not recommend this company for eyeglasses.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I have to question whether or not the ophthalmologists are even licensed! I was told by one that a miracle had occurred and that the astigmatism that I have had since the age of 9 was gone. Keep in mind I am 45. When I questioned if this was possible I was told that everyday wear of corrective lenses can do just that. I have been in the medical field myself for 17 yrs but am not a doctor so I questioned no more. 6 months later I went back only to be told by a different doctor in the SAME office that her colleague was full of **! SERIOUSLY? If I had not already spent the money for their eye club I would have walked out but seriously, no apology to the patient who wasted time. Not to mention now has vision that is way worse after wearing lenses that were nowhere near the right script! I will never recommend this place again. If the deal seems too good to be true...IT IS!! Steer clear of America's Best. Especially the Springdale Ohio location.

Original review: May 2, 2019

My husband and I went to America's Best Buy in Mesa Arizona and my husband had an exam and so did I. He came out with 2 pairs of readers glasses and I have astigmatism in one eye and I have 20/20 vision the other but I also need to have bifocals. But I just went to an eye doctor here in town because some lands and my one eyeglass keeps on falling out and they told me that it doesn't have anything and it's just a big piece of glass. But my other lens has Progressive and no wonder I've been getting sick my glasses back several times and had the scary place and no one ever told me that it was my left. I was doing all the work for my right eye or vice a versa so thanks America's Best Buy for taking my $400 and giving me nothing. What a lousy company. I will never go back and I hope if anyone reads us you will not go back either. I will be calling America's Best Buy and letting them know what I think. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: April 30, 2019

I recommend only people with very low correction believe this statement! I did purchase a pair of glasses, but could barely afford one pair. I wanted more upgrades, but couldn't afford them. I spent close to 300.00 on one pair of glasses. Young kid helped me. Very nice, but when I picked up glasses, I didn't like them on my face. I should have taken a friend. Don't depend on their employee's expertise. Now I am the owner of a pair of glasses I don't like to wear outside of my home. I would never go back or recommend this place.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Nothing but the old "bait and switch" jazzed up. They claim 2 pairs of glasses for $69.99. But they don't tell you a "protection package" is added to each one. If you want transitional lenses, you are charged a package price for each lens. In short, I would have been much better off to have gone somewhere else... ANYWHERE else. This company could certainly use transparency! My first and definitely last visit!

Original review: April 20, 2019

I called on 4/15 to advise about having prescription lenses placed in designer frames. Placed on hold greater than 10 mins. Was told they could. Came into store today and was told they couldn't. Don't say yes one minute and no the next. Waste of my time.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I had an eye exam for contact lenses in the beginning of April, they told me my kind of contacts were not available that I have to wait for the trial pair to come in the mail. It's been almost 3 weeks and they still haven't gotten my contacts, not even the trial pair, I even paid extra for the eye care club. What are they being delivered on a pack mule? In this day in age of express shipping I should not have to wait over a month before I can actually get the product I paid handsomely for! I regret going to America's worst, any other place would have been better.

Original review: April 18, 2019

My last two pairs of glasses have been a disaster. The frames are too weak to hold the lenses but they don't tell you that, Pair one, the lens fell out. I don't remember how many times. A gal in San Pedro had to fix them on one vacation. My newest pair Jan 2019 has been back for tightening three times. That is s a sign of of garbage materials. Now the left lens has fallen out and I have no idea where (they are primarily reading and I hang them from my neck). So tomorrow I'll go back and will get a big long sob story and then go to a different store.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information