Discover the right online glasses retailer now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.56/5

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Reviews

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

We have been purchasing from America's Best for last 5 years, and never did we face any problem. But since we shifted to New Jersey this store# 5889, address of which is Woodbridge Commons, 306 Route 9 North Woodbridge, NJ 07095, Ph, ** They have the worst manager and customer service. I bought a frame for which they billed my insurance, then following some bad behavior and customer service from their end, I returned the frame 2 days later. The Manager ** promised to reinstate my insurance claim, but apparently didn't do so. I faced so much harassment due to this.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses should change their name to AMERICA'S WORST CONTACTS & EYEGLASSES. I went to 22 Spring Valley Market Place Spring Valley, NY, to purchase eyeglass accessories for my son. The entire time we were there not one worker greeted us or asked if they can help us and sadly we were the only customers there. I spent 15-20 minutes looking at the accessories before choosing a case. The case I decided to purchase cost $3.99, and the advertisement stated $2 of your purchase price will be donated to support the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, so I was happy to donate to a good cause. I asked one of the workers if I can make my purchase. He took the case from my hand and he asked another worker what was the price of the case.

I informed him that the price inside of the case states $3.99. Minutes later he tried to increase the price by telling me that the purchase price was actually $5.99. I told him that there were several other cases with the same price inside of the case and the sign for the case I chose clearly reads $2.99-$3.99. He rudely and unprofessional told me that the case was marked wrong and I can either choose to buy it or not. I told him that there are several other cases that read the same price and the mistake was made in house and he should professionally honor the price.

I asked to speak to a manager and that is when he conveniently stated he is the manager **. I asked for my money back and he gave me my money and threw the case on the counter. The service I received from him was entirely unprofessional and it is obvious that he tried to run a price marking scheme. This business deserves a zero rating, but there is not an option for that therefore I will give it the lowest possible.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Rude or weird folks in San Jose office. I went there because they had glasses advertised for $69 a pair. They said they will not take prescriptions which are attached in email or photos. I thought I order glasses online and so printed prescriptions is not a legal requirement. The way they behaved was weird, as if they didn't care to lose business or provide business to me. The behavior was very rude.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Lousy tech service and I believe they are racist Toms River NJ. Brought glass from America's Best. When we went to get the glasses the tech didn't try the glasses on my wife. Just gave them to her. I had to ask her, "Are you going to adjust her glasses on her face?" She then proceeded to do it. Going back to Walmart from now on. Cost a little more but customer service is fantastic. I feel they treat ** customers differently.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I don't usually like writing negative reviews the first time I visit a business because I like to give them a chance, but my experience this morning at this place was way below my expectations. I went in for a contact lens exam to update my Rx. I stated that I wasn't interested in getting glasses (I always order online to avoid paying high prices for frames and lenses) and that I just needed new contacts. They pushed their brand on me, I agreed that I'd try them, and then when they went to see if they had any contact lenses for me for a trial, they didn't have my Rx in stock. I understood this, but I asked the saleswoman who was checking me out for a written copy of my prescription and she stated that she couldn't give it to me because the doctor stepped out. I couldn't go two weeks (according to her, that's how long the lenses may take to come in) without contacts, so I needed a copy for myself to order them elsewhere.

I left upset because I had just paid almost $100 for an exam with no results. I went back because I wanted to try to get a written copy of my Rx, and the doctor came out and handed me a piece of paper with not only just an Rx for GLASSES, and not contacts like I'd asked, but also the wrong prescription on them! It was -0.50 below what my actual prescription is. The doctor then told me, "I'll give you your contact prescription when it's finalized". He couldn't have just written it down for me? I understand - they want the business, not for me to go online and order them elsewhere, but if you don't have them in stock for me to purchase and I just paid for an eye exam, doesn't that give me the right to obtain my Rx? I'm so disappointed because I wanted to give this place a try and like them, since they're located a few minutes away from my job and the appointments are quick.

I really hope they do right by me and send me a legitimate copy of my prescription - not some random number that isn't even my correct Rx. The fact that I had to stop back in immediately after my appointment and the doctor couldn't be bothered to correct it for me is really disappointing. If they thought not giving me my prescription would guarantee my future business, it unfortunately did the opposite. Unfortunately places like these are more about the sales than the actual quality of client care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I went in on 8/16/19. Picked out 2 frames. 1 for my every day and another for sunglasses. When I placed the order everyone was very nice. I told them that I had lost my glasses and really needed the new ones. About 2 weeks later I received a call that my glasses were in. When I went to pick them up, both glasses were put in the same frame and not what I had picked out. I work in customer service, I understand things happen. They placed the order again. Another 2 weeks go by get the call to pick up my glasses. This time my reg glasses came but no sunglasses. Needless to say I was mad. Again I am in CS and when someone is having a issue with what I am helping them with, I stay on top of it. Follow it through until it is resolved.

As I was waiting for 3 of the CSR to figure out where my sunglasses were, not a one of them said a word to me. Not a, "I’m sorry, let me find out for you," nothing. I got up and left. Told them when they figure it out to call me. To date I still have not gotten my glasses. Called the corporate #, they said they would check into it and they would call me back. No callback. I just placed another call to the store manager. No call back yet. I would get my money back but it was through my insurance. They only cover one frame a year.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I go to Largo Fl. America's Best. The eye exam is outstanding, where they take their time and explain everything. The group there are customer service driven professionals from the eye exam to the final glasses adjustments (hats off to Alexa **). Their website is awesome, with plenty of filters to get to just what you want. In this day and age, you won't be treated any better anywhere else. So don't even waste your time. There is no comparison!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I found the staff to be courteous, kind, careful and most helpful; no question was dumb, and when I would change my mind, she never got impatient. After the glasses were made, wanted changes in both pairs saw no visible frustration on their part. "You must be satisfied, and call or return if problems." American Best is less expensive than most places so what more do you need or want?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I have been wearing glasses for about 4 decades now and have purchased so many different types of eyeglasses over the years. The one I purchased at America’s Best Contacts and Eyeglasses is probably the worst in terms of quality. It hasn’t even been 18 months since I’ve owned it and the temples broke as I was removing my glasses. I will never ever purchase anything from them ever again!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I had thought I was getting 2 boxes of contact lenses, (6 per box) which is what I usually get from my optometrist's office. I paid over $150 for this. Come to find out there are only 2 lenses per box. I paid all this money for only 4 months worth of lenses when I thought I'd be receiving a year's supply. I thought I'd be saving money going through these people. Should have ordered through my own doctor's office, or even Walmart. NOT HAPPY AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information