Discover the right online glasses retailer now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.58/5

903 America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 26, 2019

Do not count on anything they say as truth. My glasses always seemed to lose one lens. When you have not been in the store for a couple years, they send you a postcard with a coupon - Save $50 on Eyeglasses and another coupon - Free Eye Exam. When I took the $50 off coupon to America's Best, the 2 pairs of eyeglasses that they sell normally for $69, with an eye exam were now priced at $98 after being discounted $50. What a scam.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I had numerous visits to Lancaster PA's America's Best in order to get glasses. I found the lenses were not adequate for my vision after using them a couple of days... Also, the bifocal area was measured incorrectly... I had to push my glasses up on my nose in order to see through the bifocal area clearly. Additionally the glasses were apparently not measured properly as I could get my finger in both sides of the frame. After a numerous trips I decided to go back and get a full refund. I would not recommend this place! I ultimately had two vision tests from 2 different doctors because the 1st one from who the script was written it reported that I couldn't see clearly from them so they had to be sent back after a 2nd visit resulting in a 2nd script. And even after the 2nd visit, I wasn't happy with the vision using those glasses.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I made an appointment but didn't realize the real cost of $69.95 eye exam and glasses deal. The cost was explained to me that I would have to PURCHASE an upgrade for a reasonable two pair of glasses. It was also explained that there was no protective film on the lenses which would cause scratches on the lenses. This fact turned me right off and I cancelled the appointment. CHEAP MONEY FOR A CHEAP DEAL!

Original review: March 18, 2019

These glasses are cheap and scratch in a matter of days! They are dumb and they have no clue about the lenses. They refuse to stand behind the garbage they sell. I take every advantage to keep people from going there.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Miami Biscayne Blvd. location is so far the best place when it come to eye exam and wide selection of eyewear. The doctor is excellent, knowledgeable and professional. The whole staff are helpful, pleasant and always with a smile. The place is well kept and welcoming.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: March 14, 2019

After hearing America’s Best commercials on television all day every day I decided to call to determine an estimated cost of purchasing 2 no-line bifocal pairs of glasses. I was given a price of $220 however after walking through the door the prescription cost increase my purchase to over $400. I was not prepared for this and expressed my concern that the commercials stated absolutely nothing about an increase in prescription price. Also the frames that you select from of course are of a lower quality and anything above the blue sticker increases the price dramatically. The good thing is I am getting two pairs of glasses for this price but it definitely is not what was expected when I made my appointment based on commercials and information given to me over the phone.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Summerwood TX location: Worst experience ever! I had a 10:30 appointment scheduled today. Called to let them know I was running a few minutes late and they said, "Thanks for letting us know." Got there literally at 10:41 - 11 minutes late and was turned away. They said they have a 10minute rule then you have to reschedule. No one mentioned that when I called so I went all the way down there to be turned away. Will NEVER do business with any America’s WORST Contacts and Eyeglasses! I asked to speak to a manager and to get an exception and was declined the courtesy of either. Unbelievable!!!

Original review: March 13, 2019

We seen the TV commercial about them being cheap and all. I ended up paying a thousand dollars on glasses. When I first went to the store, the employees seem awkward. They were mad at each other. It was 4 o'clock so I thought they are tired that's all. When glasses arrived, my husband glasses were not done right so they have to submit them for be refix. A whole month passed and I had to call to see what was taking so long. I spoke to 2 different employees. The first one told me that I lied and I just submitted my order like 2 weeks ago. I then proceed to tell her that was the second time then she told me that if I didn't like it I could have my money back. Told them why didn't they said that at the beginning. She was so rude I asked to speak to her manager. She told me she would call back, she was busy so I called back.

Second employee denied ever been a problem with my glasses and they were made just how the doctor order them. I asked what was then gonna do for me about the inconvenience. She said nothing. Talked to my husband whom then went to pick up his glasses as he retreats ever been there. I would not recommend this store to anyone. The people are rude and very unprofessional. The cost are stupidly crazy and I have been overcharged and mentally disturbed. Please never go to America’s Best. They are a full of crap.

Original review: March 12, 2019

This will be my first time of going to this company. I went there to have an eye exam, a glasses with tint on it. Firstly, I had to go back to them because my frame had a huge opening between the nose gap and my frame was changed. Not long after, I went back again because my glasses was blurry, dirty and I cannot see something like a needle. I was told when I got to them that I need a bifocal which I never used before. I left and contacted their customer service online via e-mail.

After back and forth chatting, they concluded that I have to go back to the store, take another eye exam and then maybe get another eyeglasses with bifocals. This is not the solution I expected and so sent an e-mail back that I cannot do that because the last time I was told the only solution is a bifocal and you are telling me the same. I never heard from them afterwards and I still couldn't see with the glasses they gave me. All of this happened between December 2018 and February 2019.

Original review: March 5, 2019

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses is perhaps the worst place you could select to purchase contacts or eyeglasses. I purchased two pair of glasses with insurance protection on both. The frame on one pair broke and they refused the honor the claim. What this means is that protection insurance is merely a cash cow for this company. They basically collect cash from customers under the disguise of protection insurance, which is some cases, amounts to about 50% of the total purchase. When and if the frames or glasses breaks, they then claim they have no record of the purchase. America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses does a great deal of advertising. They tout their low prices and quick service.

But this is only partially true. They do in fact have very low prices. But these low prices are directly contributable to the low quality of frames and glasses they sell. You get what you pay for. The designer frames I purchased only lasted for 4 months before a structural defect was discovered. Honestly, I would have been better off going the a more reputable, long established contacts and eyeglasses place like LensCrafters or Cohen's Fashion Optical. At least this way I’d know I was buying high quality frames that won’t fail in 3 months. Avoid America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses. You get what you pay for.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I'd rather sit at the DMV on a Friday afternoon than wait for this hoopla. What is the purpose of scheduling appointments when walk-ins are taking priority. After signing in I waited about 30 mins to be called into another room just to wait some more. After finally getting my names called again, I go into a small office where I thought I was going to finally get my exam, wrong. I do a quick eye chart read, get sent back into the waiting room once again. After some more waiting, I finally get to see the optometrist, whom was fairly pleasant and quick.

Waiting to be checked out was a whole different story. I looked through glasses for about 40 mins, until I finally got called up to be checked out. Their current offer was $69.99* for two pairs and an eye exam, so I was shocked when my total came out to be right under $400. I'm aware that I was going charged extra for anti reflective coating ($55 a pair) and a contact lens exam ($79.99), but the difference in pricing was ridiculous. Not to mention the itemization on the receipt was not clear at all why my bill was so high. I was expecting around $260, not $400. I arrived at roughly 12:10 PM on a Tuesday for a 12:30 PM appointment. I did not finish until after 3 PM. I would highly recommend going to an actual optometrist office and just ordering glasses online (same cheap plastic lenses for a whole lot cheaper).

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

My husband and I went to America's Best in Sugar Creek Ohio. He had an exam for glass at $50 and I had an exam for contacts at $89. The eye doctor did the exact same exam for us both. Why is there such a big difference in the cost. I will not go back!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I bought 3 pairs of glasses and have issues with all 3. 1 pair a screw fell out the very first day, later that night on the 2nd pair of glasses the plastic piece that rests on your nose kept coming off and the 3rd pair, I see double images of lights... TERRIBLE! Now, I have to waste time that I don't have to go back there.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

The personnel at the Champaign Illinois store were extremely nice and very helpful. Even when I came back multiple times to have my frames adjusted until they were just right they were friendly and welcoming. With my original visit to the store they made suggestions for not only the best frames for bifocals but how to save on the cost. This is the best experience I've had in 50 years of having to buy glasses.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I was quoted $120.00 for an exam and 2 glasses, and it was $180. It was the exact same pair of glasses that I got before with a slight change in the prescription of one eye. I had them check the price I paid before, got the person's name, and specifically asked about the price, and was assured that it would be $120.00. I had a similar experience years ago with a cheaper price being quoted over the phone, and when you get there after making an appointment, and taking the time, and the exam to be told it is way higher. Frustrating. Makes you feel helpless in the face of poor customer service.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I was harassed by a customer for complaining to a store associate. It escalated into her coming at me calling me names, the associate ** got up and walked away while this woman half my age would not stop. I feared I was going to get hit by her. This went on for 3 minutes. Not one employee came to my aid. Store # 5121 Independence Missouri, I got a refund for the glasses that I couldn’t see thru, and the ASSOCIATE actually told me it was my fault, I’m a 63 yr old senior Citizen. My family will no longer do business with this company, my whole LARGE family wears glasses, this was my first pair, and I was very excited to have them. This store has rating of 2.6. Should have googled it first.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This is the worst doctor in the business, he needs schooling on best practices. He had the nerve to tell me that we need to reschedule my granddaughter’s appointment because he recommended to dilate her eyes and it would take an hour to take effect, and he had to go to lunch, and couldn’t continue on with the exam. Who does that? Don’t care for RUDENESS!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I went in for an Eye exam and to purchase glasses. Exam went well. I purchased two pair of Fendi glasses. Within months' time the arm on the left side broke on both pair. I took them back and they sent me to Irving to get replacements. Within two months the same thing happened again so I took them back and then I was charged for frames. That was just a basic frame but at that time I just needed glasses. Within 3 months they broke as well so I went back to my old glasses until I go for another exam somewhere else. Service was great but product sucks...

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I got my exam by a Doctor and went fine. I was ordered trials. No mention that it takes weeks to get trials. After about a week was told 10 business days. WOW!! So waited 10 business days. No phone call so I visited to see what the status was. Then told they are on back order. So I'm out of contacts. Need more and no communication. So can't see. Have no contacts and finally got them to at least give me prescription which previously would not so I could order next day delivery through 1800 Contacts which they had in stock. So once got prescriptions it was written wrong and still not right. What a disaster. I'm writing this and can barely see. I wish I would have gone somewhere else. 30 years wearing contacts and this is the first time I felt so dissatisfied and not taken care of. They simply don't care.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Due to cataract surgery and prescription change, needed only left lens replaced in glasses purchased from them. Was told they only make lenses in pairs. Total BS. Took another pair I purchased at another glasses store and they replace only the left lens. Stay away from these guys.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I bought 2 pair of Glasses. I went home. Started wearing them for a day. Could not see good. Started getting headaches so I put other pair on. Same thing. Headaches. So I started wearing old pair. No headaches. I had surgery. Could no go to store 6 months. They would not help me at all. I paid over $300. I should have just threw my money in trash.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

In my opinion, the worst glasses I have ever owned. I paid over $800 for 2 pair of glasses and neither are right. I now am shopping for glasses that I can actually wear!!! Several adjustments and still not usable.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I purchased 2 pairs of glasses from this company August 8th 2016 from the downtown Chicago location after not having bought a new pair of glasses for over a decade. The eye exam went well. Everyone was very nice including the woman that helped me pick my frames. I decided on the EZVue Traditional Poly Transitions Lens Package. Premium Anti Reflection Coating. No tint with polished edges in a Heartland Harper frame. The total came out over $500 for both pair. I pay. Go home and wait for the call that my glasses are ready. It took less than a week. Maybe four days. I get there and the attendant finds my glasses, puts a pair on my face, asks me if I can see, and then that is it. I had my two pairs of new glasses (one black and the other brown) in soft leather cases.

The black pair were my primary as I never touched the brown glasses while they remained new in the case. The problem began when cleaning the glasses. On the first day of ownership I noticed a foggy smudge spot on my right lens that would not go away. Then after days of wearing and cleaning them both lenses on the black pair of glasses progressively got worse with what looked to me like the coating was coming off making it difficult to see through them.

Of course I am dissatisfied and bring the glasses back to the America's Best location where I am told by the same woman that put them on my face at pickup that the damage to the lenses were caused by myself using a shirt or a rag to wipe them instead of a microfiber cloth, and because I don't have a warranty, there was nothing they could do. So I was then given two microfiber cloths when they gave me nothing but the glasses at the actual initial pickup, and was sent home with ugly, foggy, hard to see out of lenses on a pair of glasses barely two weeks old. "OK. Maybe this was my fault, " I thought as I went back home to get my unused second brown pair of glasses prepared to only clean them with the microfiber cloths that were just now given to me.

That is exactly what I did. Nothing but those two cloths and water touched the second pair of glasses, and in a short amount of time the lenses on those were in just as bad of shape as the first pair. That is when I decided that America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses will never get my business again. My pair of glasses that these two replaced that I had been wearing for over ten years didn't have lenses that looked as badly as these.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Three weeks tomorrow and I still don't have my glasses. After calling the customer helpline I learned my order was cancelled two days after I ordered them and two weeks later I called and they finally reordered them three days later! Now I find out that the lab has had the order but the store hasn't sent them the frames yet! They are hoping to have them ready in three more days by putting a "rush" on them, the same thing they told me a week ago. Worst customer service I have ever had and I'm 65. UNBELIEVABLE.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I visited the Bowie Maryland location of America's Best just before the Christmas holiday as I was in the country on vacation. I was told and fully understood that it would take 7-10 business days to get my new eyeglasses. I was delighted when I was notified within 3 days, December 27, that my glasses were ready. I eagerly went to pick up my glasses only to find that I was being given two pairs with the same frame. I informed the employee that I had selected that frame and another, which was to contain the transition lenses. She had me locate the frame I had selected and told me again that it would take 7-10 business days. I didn't think my wait time should start over as 3 days had already gone by, but I agreed, noting how quickly they contacted me for this order.

I am writing as my frustration increased over time as my sister got a message from the company that the glasses were in the store, after two weeks, and when she went they were unable to locate them. She was told that the call must have been made in error. I then had my daughter call the store on January 21 and she was informed that the glasses should be in the next day. Finally today January 23 she was able to pick up the glasses. I asked her if they are transition and she said she is unsure as the employee only searched the name and gave her the glasses. Overall I am totally unsatisfied with the level of service I received and will not be using America's Best again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Jenn who helped me pick out my frames and then informed me that they were participating in a Monster Jam free ticket event. I needed glasses anyway. Was definitely a nice way to save money! Jenn took her time and helped me find the best deal and value for my money. Last eye exam I had was 5 years ago and in the military so I didn’t have as many options. I will be back next time. Thank you for making it easy!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Once again, no confidence of ordering my contacts from this company. Every year, it's a different excuse from them. The online prescription doesn't match the written prescription. Errors happen, so I went into the store today, and they blamed it on a 3rd party company they pay. So now another organization has my information, and the local store said they have no access to fix. Nothing they can do. We are talking about my eyes. Would you trust them now? I'd rather pay double for better service and confidence than deal with them ever again!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I went to the location at North DeKalb Mall. Chose from their limited style frame of $59.99 just to end up with a bill of $400 because they charge per lens. You can easily get a better deal at Walmart even after paying for the eye exam. The frames they have there a definitely cheaper at Walmart, and upon that they couldn't give me the little cloth to clean my glasses with, that I should buy them because the free ones are out of stock, after all that money.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I went into America's Best to get new lens (I already had the prescription) put in existing frames. The sales rep was nice, but even after I told him I had had cataract surgery in both eyes within the year and would only use the glasses for driving in unfamiliar places (needed just a tweak to see street signs a long way off), he quoted me a price for the most expensive lens. I said no, not paying that. So he went to the next level and I agreed to the $144 price (after insurance cost).

He was writing it up when he said "Oh, I need to tell you that if THEY break your frames while putting in the lens, they'll give you a $50 credit toward a new pair of our lens." "Say again??? You're saying if THEY break my expensive frames, they'll not replace them or pay me for them, but give me $50 credit?" "Yes, that's company policy," he said. I told him I didn't trust them to send them in and return them without being broken if they're not more careful than to have to tell every customer that and said "Thank you for your time, but I'll go somewhere else." Won't set foot in that store again...and wish I had read these reviews before I went to begin with.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

After having my glasses for only for months the nose piece completely broke off, which should be considered a manufacture defect. I was told there is no warranty unless you buy one. What kind of company doesn't back their product especially for the cost incurred. I contacted them and they said they could give me 50% off a new frame but that was the best they could do. I've worn glasses all of my life and have never been so disappointed with quality and care about their customers.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information