3.9/5 (591 ratings)

About America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: May 3, 2022

Worse company ever. After the free exam, services just goes down the drain if you ever need to come back for a new pair of glasses. Nobody knows anything, employees give the wrong information before checking/confirming and it's absolutely a headache trying to get information on your own prescription. God forbid you go to a different store than where you had the initial exam, because even though they can see your prescription in their database they require the old store to fax the prescription to them. However when you call the initial store they will tell you that they need to check company policy before even helping you with the fax and will leave you on hold for 20 mins or more.

Even ordering online is a headache because the store employees still need to verify your prescription and lack the diligence to confirm and compare the information they get from you with the information they have in their system. They will also strong arm your prescriptions and tell you they cannot give you the information they see in their database. I had to call corporate office twice because the incompetency of this place is unbelievable! Never will I ever recommend this company. There is a reason why they are so "affordable" I guess. No one is ever able to help you and everyone is confused on company policy and procedure! Beware, your prescription will be mismanaged by everyone. What is the point of having your prescription in their database if it cannot be accessed company wide to make buying glasses more convenient?

Original review: March 21, 2022

I would like to comment both mine, and my wife's visit to your Vancouver, WA location. We both made appointments for the same day and our visit was very professional by everyone we came in contact with, the reception was personable with a warm greeting. The pre-exam was conducted for both of by the same young gentleman, he did a great job. We were then examined by the Doctor, whom was 100% professional, though you could tell she was a bit stressed since she was very busy. When we selected our frames and features of the glasses, Grace was exceptional, probably one of the nicest human beings on earth, she was incredible!!! Today, after both me and my wife receiving phone calls advising our glasses had arrived we returned to pick up our new glasses.

This is where this great story ends. Our greeting was almost an inconvenience, "Do you need help?" My wife said we were both there to pick up our new glasses, your employee responded by telling us to sit down and wait until an opening was available. Shortly afterwards your employee (later identified as DAWN) walked across the room and asked my wife "what name", my wife replied Darla and Steve Chappell, Dawn replied, "Both of you have glasses" to which my wife replied yes. Dawn then told us "Sit Down!, by the way there was only a single chair, so I pulled another chair from across the room. It was obvious we were a total inconvenience as she struggle to breathe. Dawn then slid my new glasses across the desk and said, "Put them on!".

It was at this point I spoke for the first time and asked if she was having a bad day or were we just inconveniencing her? She did not reply. As I put my glasses on, I replied they are very loose on my head, and started to remove them, she said "Keep them on, turn your head to the right, okay, take them off!" I handed them back to her and she bent the two nose pieces and handed once again slid them back across the table and said put them back on! I replied and said it was the width an not the nose piece, she replied, "I have my way of doing things" to which I replied well you are the professional, Dawn quickly snapped back at me saying "yes, I am the professional and have been doing this for 6 years!

I replied that her response was extremely arrogant to which Dawn replied, "yes I am the arrogant professional". I had enough and pick up both pairs of my glasses and my wife's glasses and said I would not be spoken to this way as a customer, Dawn replied "Too Bad"! I just want you to know we spent $609.37 and will never step foot in another America's Best facility again until I receive an apology and if I see Dawn in the store then it will not end well. I promise to share my experience on social media if this isn't resolved because right now I am not happy with my eyewear and certainly did not deserve the treatment we received.

Dawn is by far the most unprofessional employee I have dealt with and I can never say some should be relieved of their duties but I guarantee my wife and I could not be the first people that had a horrible experience because she was too polished with her short, arrogant comments and can say never in my life have I had a customer experience with such an arrogant experience. I am a V.P. for a multi-billion dollar company and am not someone who was demanding or rude with your employee and treated her with respect until she was so rude, first with my wife only and then with myself. It was a good day until Dawn ruined it and she should be dismissed of her duties.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I went there for the 1st time with my husband although he couldn't find a pair he liked. However, the staff was amazing, and I wound up buying 2 amazing pair of glasses. The doctor took her time with us and explained everything in detail.

Original review: March 15, 2022

This place is the MOST inefficient Doctor's office I have ever been to. Their membership in theory is great. $99 for a few years of eye exams, sounds great. However, in order to actually get your prescription, you need to first try the contacts before, then book ANOTHER appointment for the doctor to see them on and test you AGAIN (which would make sense for people new to wearing contacts, but not for everyone). Also, in order to get your first trial pair, they have to order them and this can take up to 2 weeks, once you get them, you have to book another appointment, the doctor needs to see them on you and then you are allowed to get your prescription.

I have used contacts and glasses for 20 years now and this is the first time I've had to "try on" contacts for a week before getting a prescription. This wouldn't be an issue if they had the contacts at the office, and if they want to see you to try to the contacts, whatever, makes no sense, but ok, but the fact that you have to wait in order to get them is ridiculous. There's no charge every time they need to see the contacts on, but it is a huge waste of time and the office is packed!!!! Nobody has that kind of time. When does anyone ever have to go into an eye doctor again after getting your eyes tested!?!? This is ridiculous and redundant, and inefficient!!! I would rather pay more, go once a year, like the rest of the world and move on, get my prescription and get my lenses online. Are they not confident enough in their own tests that they have to make you go there to get the contacts and then again after you try them on to see them on!!!

And to top it off, if they prescribe contacts for Astigmatism and you request daily contacts, you will one box with astigmatism contacts, which has 5 lenses, and the other eye without astigmatism, get 10 lenses!!! They aren't even!!!! So to summarize, if you go here, make sure you have 2 months' worth of your current contact lenses so that you have time to "try on" your lenses and go back so they can finally release a prescription for your lenses!!! You're better off just paying more ANYWHERE else. Walmart typically has appointments for the same day you're looking for, or even the day after, I would recommend not wasting your money, time or energy at this office. Horrible.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I made my appointment for the sole purpose of the advertisement on their site, 2 pair of eye glasses with free eye exam. However that is not what I received. I ended the appointment with a total bill of $309.95 significantly higher than the advertised price and that was for one pair of glasses, lenses and eye exam. I don’t understand why even when I chose glasses that were $69.95 the bill would be so high, and not include 2 pair of glasses. If I wanted a second pair I would need to add another $239 total cost for two pair of glasses would be over $500. I just couldn’t afford it, so I paid just for the eye exam which ironically totaled $70! I’m disappointed and frustrated that I paid $70 and didn’t get any glasses at all. Their advertising is misleading and needs to be more transparent, so consumers aren’t being tricked into make appointments for a price that isn’t really the price at all!

Original review: March 3, 2022

For most people they can get their contact lenses the same day as their eye exam. For me my prescription was "special" and needed to be ordered. So they gave me an ETA of 2 weeks. 3 weeks go by without any call or text to let me know my order had come in. So I called and asked, "Hey have my lenses arrived." Answer is no. So I said fine I, I wait an additional week and call them back and still no lenses. They put me on hold for 30 min and various people picked up the phone but those were calls for other consumers and finally somebody answered and tells me "sometimes it takes 8 weeks". This is unacceptable considering people can get same day service and they can get you a 2 pairs of glasses within 2 weeks.

I did this a month ahead of the time I needed them for the task. If you expect speedy response and results don't even bother. After my initial eye exam I wanted my prescription but they wouldn't give it to me because they wouldn't know if they fit my eyes until the contacts came in. Now a month later they still refuse to give me my prescription, and I still don't have my contact lenses.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

Went to Burlington Washington today. Did eye exam and got glasses. Got the cheapest. Everything exam was only free. Not glasses and did not get any extras that they kept telling me you can't get anything for $69.99. The ad is only for very selective few. It's a scam. Don't trust what you read. I hope a huge law firm sues them for false advertisement.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I bought some Nike sunglasses that I really liked. Unfortunately the arm fell off when I was on vacation about 3 to 4 months later. I returned the glasses to America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses. They gave me a new pair. Unfortunately the arm fell off 3 to 4 months later with the replacement. Theses are nylon or plastic glasses that look great but are brittle. The second time I went in I was out of luck getting any help. These are throwaway glasses that you should avoid.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I had one of the best and most thorough eye exams at the Palm Springs, Ca. office with Dr. **. He is very knowledgeable, and offers great detail about the state of one's eyes. I had an eye exam last year with Acuity--this exam last year was free and offered through my health care group. The Acuity Group gave me a very short exam and a lousy pair of eyeglasses which is why I decided to go out on my own and pay for the exam. The staff helped me to select 2 pair of glasses which were included with the exam. Very nice, genial staff members. Go see Dr. **!!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I went and had an eye exam done by their "doctor" which lasted maybe 10 minutes (this should have been my first clue). After looking for frames I could not find any I liked so I went elsewhere and had my eye glasses made. When the glasses came back everything was blurry but I gave it some time to see if my eyes needed to adjust to the new prescription. After some time I went back and had them check to make sure they were made correctly, which they were.

Next I went to a professional eye doctor and had him check my eyes again only to find out America's Best did not do a correct eye exam. I then paid for another new pair of glasses with the new doctor and called America's Best to have them fix the second pair since they were at fault for doing an incorrect eye exam. They were so unprofessional and refused to do anything to fix the problem. Only said they would have their doctor do another eye exam but would not fix the glasses, what good would that do but prove they were incompetent the first time! Please save yourself a lot of money and go to a true professional and have your exam done, lesson learned and will never use them again!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

The staff of the doctor are all with lack of professionalism.... They tried to convince me that my husband's lens were gonna be to thick for the frame he chose and that he will have to get a more expensive type of lens... I wear glasses and have my whole life. My 5 kids wear glasses. I know that my husband's prescription was not that high but she still tried to play me a fool....The price says two pairs of glasses and a eye exam for 69.95....This is the second time I've gone with them for their special deal and I end up paying around 350.00 to 450.00 dollars the first time. I tried not to complain because I figured it was because I do have a strong prescription...

This second time around I know my husband does not and they scammed us out of thinking we will pay around 69.95 and like fools they got us for around 350.00. That's a way big difference. They are such liars...They should tell us upfront that we are just paying for frames. They hit you with all they can charge you with which one needs to just get glasses which are needed to see....who offers a sell that won't include lens and what is needed to the type of issue of our eyesight needs....I refuse to go back to a America's Best....

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I stopped in to the Farmington, CT office to have some eyeglass frames adjusted. Kaylyn was very helpful and friendly. I asked about some of the frames and products you carry and she walked around with me and helped me find frames that might be an option for my son. I will definitely recommend this store.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

The deal for eye exam and 2 pairs of glasses sounds good but, I encountered a few disturbing and unprofessional conducts that made me walk out. I made it to my appointment 20 minutes early to check the frames, my appointment was given to a family of four and they expected me to wait for over an hour because of the management greed to get 4 people in at my scheduled time, yes, family of four with three kids and mommy, all to bring in money with total disregard with an appointment that was made two weeks in advanced.

Walked out as my time is more important to cater to incompetent and dimwitted manager who gave my appointment away and immediately received an email to re-schedule and what the issue was. Described the sub standard, idiotic and greedy conduct in detail and never heard back from them. Cheap plastic frames that look like they import them for $10 per dozen. Metal frames did not look of quality that may last and fit correct. My research and study show the lenses used are also of low grade and accuracy of match with that of the RX and warranty have been an issue with many customers. Totally below average and unprofessional business. Invest the money on a good exam and quality frame and lenses, it's your eyes.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I purchased glasses with transition lens from America's Best less than 6 months ago. One of my lens started showing marks from the top down and kept growing. I took them to the store only to be told no warranty purchased, I'd have to pay for replacement. This is a lens quality issue they refuse to address. I'll be taking my business elsewhere. Stay away unless you are prepared to buy all their additional warranties.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

The promotion is attractive, two pairs and an eye exam for $69.00. To their credit, the eye exam seemed thorough, although they do try to add another $10 for a glaucoma test. Then the fun begins. The $69 glasses are the lower quality plastic lenses and frames, and only in a few models. If you need or want transition lenses? Extra. If you need or want progressive lenses or bifocals? Extra. Everything other than the plastic lenses and frames is extra, extra, extra, and pretty soon you're quickly up around $400.00 plus. The transition lenses are poor substitutes for sunglasses, so if you need prescription sunglasses, guess what? It's EXTRA. I was so disenchanted in being nickel & dimed to death I walked out after the eye exam.

Their entire business model is based on limited selection and quality of the $69.00 special, and geared towards upselling until you are spending hundreds of dollars to be able to see. I would offer that before you get the eye exam, ask them which glasses and lenses qualify for the $69 price, because anything other than plain vanilla is an add-on cost. They have a long wall display of all the available frames, but literally only a handful of them qualify for the $69 price. Everything else is more.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

To whom it may concern. I would like to express myself regarding a poor and unprofessional customer service that I have received. I wear bifocals glasses. So it turned out two days earlier, I had a full eye exam, which took 40 minutes. When I came into store I received a eye exam, which took 10 minutes. I found the difference in 0.5 and showed the manager (Mellisa). She said that the difference is small and I will not noticeable. I advised her several times that the lower part should for the computer distance and not for reading. I brought my own frames (expensive for me), the same as I wear now. When I came to receive my glasses, it turned out they were for reading. I pointed out this error to Mellisa. she said that I was wrong, because I check on a piece of paper. She told me I need to take the glasses home and test on the computer.

I try to explain to her that she was wrong and when I called the doctor and showed my glasses which were ordered in the same store 2 years ago they admitted their mistake. It took 30 minutes. I asked for a refund. She refused me because it was my own frame. Because part of the payment was covered by the insurance, I had to agree to send the glasses back. Now I have to wait three weeks again, and because the basic glasses are broken, I have to buy elsewhere and pay full price. My insurance only covers one pair. Totally unprofessional service, and disrespect for the buyer and no even single word of apology from her. I believe the company needs to pay attention on the reviews that are submitted by customers regarding the the customer service that provided.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Today, 9/20/2021, I called America's Best of Tukwila to have my prescription transferred to my new optometrist. Their manager stated that it can't be because it is expired. I will never return to them!!! Eye care is important. Go to small shops for better service.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

***UPDATE*** It is two weeks later (September 18, 2021) and this has not been resolved. There has not even been an acknowledgment of the issue. I have been buying glasses for my whole family from America’s Best for about five years now, and have always been pleased. This month I got new contacts and decided to also get new reading glasses with prescription frames. (I have done this many times at America’s Best.) In three days my contacts came in to the store—great!

A couple of days later, the two sets of glasses came in; however, they had the wrong prescription. (The strength should have been 2.00 to be worn with my contacts—I am nearsighted.) They told me that the mistake was that they made the glasses using my distance prescription. Ok, let’s order the correct prescription. So, one week later, I went to pick up the new prescription glasses. They were the incorrect glasses again! I was then told that this was the correct prescription according to the computer, that the 2.00 that was prescribed somehow needed to be converted. He also told me it was the manager's fault for sending in the wrong prescription.

No, there should have been NO conversion needed, they are simply reading glasses at a 2.00 strength. Then he told me that it was not recommended to wear reading glasses with contacts. REALLY??? This is why I wear reading glasses in the first place! I was never able to get used to bifocal contacts. I am nearsighted, so have corrected lenses for distance that causes me to NEED reading glass. The gentleman at the store did not seem to understand this. I have had reading glasses with contacts for AT LEAST 25 years. I’m very confused why this is such a problem right now. I was not able to find a corporate number or any other way to contact to anyone. I hope that writing this review will cause some action toward resolving this situation. I hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Midvale Utah. I had called previously and asked if they took my insurance. They said yes. So I made an appointment. When I arrive I check in and fill out all of the paperwork. They send me back and do all of my eye exam. When they send me out to look at frames, I've picked out a couple that I liked when a very rude woman walks up to me and tells me they do not take my insurance. She tells me I can either pay $50 for the eye exam, or pay the full price and get some eyeglasses. I wasn't expecting to pay anything as my insurance pays 100% of the exam and $300 a year towards frames. I ended up paying the 50 and leaving with no glasses. A month later I'm trying to find somewhere that takes my insurance and accidentally call them again. The lady who answers tells me yes, they take my insurance but it's out of network. This means I only get $70 towards my eyeglasses instead of 300.

I COULD HAVE GOTTEN THE TWO PAIR OF EYEGLASSES for 69.99 when I came in. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing. The lady I was dealing with in store was extremely rude and condescending. When I asked why they don't verify they can take your insurance before they send you back for the eye exam, her exact words were, "well. It's up to the CUSTOMER to verify we take their insurance!!" Very rudely. I said, "by calling previous to the appointment and asking?" She said, "yes!" I replied with, "that's exactly what I did." All of this for nothing. If the employees were properly informed, I would have walked out of there with my two pair of eyeglasses from my appointment instead of going through everything I have and I still have no eyeglasses.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

The customer service here is rude and terrible. When I asked to clarify the fee structure about the glasses, one of the representatives brutally explained with raised voice as if I was there to get them free. And when I went there to pick my glasses, the lady near by the door was also terrible. She looked me back and shook her head with indifference, when I didn't know which representative I had to meet. They should learn customer service from Chick-fil-A employee first. I don't suggest anybody to go there.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

America's Best Chinese little kid glasses for the 6995 sucks and they suck. This is the worst eyeglass repair or replace I ever seen in my life. The one in Riverside to specially it is the lousiest. The people are lousy.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

I made 2 appointments for me and my daughter. We were 4 minutes late due to a car accident that we were right behind. When we got there, the woman at the front desk was extremely rude and said that only one of us would be seen. I said that it was only 4 minutes, and she said “4 minutes is 4 minutes!” I left and called the manager of the store. I was told that the policy is to ask the doctor if they can still see both of us, but that never happened. When I got the survey later that week, I wrote what happened. Between telling the store manager and the online survey, I NEVER received a response. This is not good business!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

They have professional gear, a good system to get folks through the pipeline, they get the job done, and attempt to be personal in an impersonal way (you can get the feeling that they don’t listen well), and I’m going back again because they offer reasonable pricing. Consider well whether you the upswell though!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

Already had new prescription, was trying on frames but was told had a 10 pair limit that I could try in then was told had to keep a mask on. Insane how can you see how glasses look with most of your face covered. Employees did not care that I have been vaccinated since May. So I left without buying anything. I am a Realtor, do not think people would buy a house without seeing complete house and I have never in 27yrs of business told someone there was a limit to how many they could look at.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

A great selection of frames. My rep helped me expand my bifocal part. I get lots of compliments on my frames. They do adjustments any time I come in. I have 6 pairs of glasses and I love them all.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Knowledgeable, friendly, did not try to oversell or try to talk you into something that you don't want. They took their time with you and answered all the question we had. Great selection of frames and the glasses came faster than they told me.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I didn't feel staff was very educated on how to fit glasses. I have astigmatism and curve to the frame makes a great difference. My feet appear 10 feet away instead of 5 when curve is off. Leaves you feeling out of balance.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I have a problem with my eye and really need an exam immediately. I needed contacts, and 2 pairs of glasses with High index, plus some nice frames, and this lady cancelled my appointment for 4 min. My appointment was at 4:40 p.m. The young lady said she had to cancel my appointment because I was going to arrive at 4:54 p.m. due to traffic on Macland Road. I tried to reason with her and she had a very SCREW YOU sounding attitude and tone... I'm very upset with this Hiram location. I work overnight and broke my sleep for this last minute appointment that someone cancelled... You all have lost my business. You don't have another appointment available until August 18th. That is too long. I have to go somewhere else, and you all lost a nice bill... Terrible customer service...

Original review: July 29, 2021

Love their prices at America's Best, but their locations aren't as consistent with service and timeliness with product orders as is necessary for quality customer service. Their products are decent, but are becoming more limited and less enticing. I am more of a functional person with glasses, so I've been decent with their selection, but starting to look elsewhere.

Original review: July 24, 2021

I called and made a appointment for glasses. I wear contact lenses so all I wanted was backup glasses. I was asked if I wanted contacts as well. I said no. All I want is the 2 pair for $69.99 and a free exam. I was asked if I wanted they would keep all the info so if I wanted contacts later on I could come and get them filled. I said ok. When the exam was done I was told to choose some frames. I went to the $69.99 frame and found what I wanted. When I ordered my glasses with the $69.98 frame I was charged $100. For a eye exam and the even thou the tag on the fames said $69.99 that was not the price. I told her all I came in for was 2 pair of glasses for $69.99 and a free eye exam. We went round and round about the price. Finally I was very frustrated and ended up paying $138.00. Needless to say I canceled my order.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information