Discover the right online glasses retailer now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.65/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Reviews

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Do not be fooled by the 2 for $69.99 deal. They do not disclose hidden fees. Complete SCAM!! I made my appointment for glasses and contact exam and. When I went in I was asked if I was doing the $69.99 deal I said yes. No mention of additional charges. After my exam I was told I could not get the deal because I got the contact fitting exam. My exam only was now $89 with no glasses. If I wanted glasses they would be $59.99 for cheapest ones each. So my $69.99 deal I came in on would now be $208.98!!! I even offered to pay the difference of contact exam and was told I still couldn't get 2 for 1 deal on glasses. Complete rip off!!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

This place is a definite no. I will never ever try to order from them and will definitely tell everyone to stay away from them especially customer service. They lie to you, scam you, and are all about your orders being what they want them to be. More money, higher glasses and contacts. Match for match. They don't email you proof or after 3 weeks of wearing trial contacts help give you what you want instead keep making it a pain in the behind where finally it comes to cancelling an order. I will never ever order from this rude disgusting lying place.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Not good glasses at all. Cheap frame. I'm going back to the eye doctor to get good glasses. I will not use them again. They did not check my eye very good. Order 2 pair didn't last more than 1 yrs. The frame already broke. Bad experience what you pay is what you get. For 69.99 that tells it all. I will not be back to see them.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Went there yesterday for the first time. The optometrist was very nice but the girl that checked me out had zero customer service skills and was rude. My bill was higher than they quoted me over the phone by $40. My left eye had a little oozing last night and felt irritated and today I WOKE UP WITH PINK EYE! I'm trying to contact their customer service department but can't easily find that info. Ugh.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I went in for glasses, was talked down to by the doctor, wasn’t helped at all finding glasses so I gave in and chose contacts. I was told I have to take a class on how to use them, even though I know how. No one who worked there could answer any questions I had. It was a terrible experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

“America’s Best?” What a joke. They are unhelpful and love pigeonholing their clients into their own brand of contact lenses. I had an order out for another brand before the exam and they denied releasing the prescription to the other company because “the doctor didn’t like that brand” (Tammy). If I am paying for the exam, I should have the right to choose which brand I want. This is yet another example of “you get what you pay for”. Regardless, they just lost 4 clients in the process.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I have asked the national claim dept if having two pair of glasses of same exact brand with the screw that holds the lens in place falling out is normal. They denied my claim. Never have I had this happen with eyeglass and I lost one of the frames. They will only fix under the warranty I purchased where I get only one free fix. They say it has to happen to multiple to be a defect. Is that big business slapping me around or what.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I purchased 3 pair of frames and prescription from this place...spent nearly $1,400. I asked the clerk for a cleaning cloth for each pair of glasses and she stated they would not give me any because of the types of lenses that I purchased. Ridiculous. I told the manager what I thought and she said, "I guess we can spare one cleaning cloth." Last time here for any reason. I told coworkers and a couple had already had a less than good experience.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I ordered my glasses on October 2nd - the same day I received 5 emails telling me I needed to submit my prescription.. to which I submitted it all 5 times. On October 9th (an entire week later) I was sent another email that I needed to change the type of prescription from progressive to single lens. It is now October 28th and I have not received my glasses. I've contacted customer service multiple times with no help from them. Since the 16th the status on my glasses has been "in quality testing" but customer service then says it's being sent to the shipping facility - they've been saying that since last Monday.

I finally got a shipping number this morning -- only because I once again contacted customer service. Guess what? They haven't been sent out yet. Every time I ask they say, "Well you ordered them on the 10th, so it's still within our time frame". But I didn't order them on the 10th. I ordered them on the 2nd. Then they say "well you messed up on what kind you needed so they were late in production". I would have gladly and quickly fixed that if I had been told that, but they clearly didn't even look at the order until the 10th -- so either way it would have still been delayed. Then I keep being told because of the free shipping option it's going to take an additional 7-10 business days. So that puts my glasses here sometime around the 7th or 8th of November over 5 weeks after ordering. But to really put it in perspective here, I was given a breakdown of timeline.

Processing order - 2-3 days
Production - 5 days

Inspection - 3 -5 days

That's 15 days -- even if we're working on their messed up timeline of the 10th. They should have shipped out by now. I can't even see the order on my account is the problem -- at this point I don't even know which frames I ordered. If I could rate this a negative star I really would. It's been the worst customer service experience I've ever had. I spent a lot of money that I had been saving for these glasses.

Resolution response: Oct. 24, 2019

They refunded the cost of my new glasses.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I stopped by their store in Hodgkins, IL because my wife just bought a pair of glasses there. I needed a new screw put in my frames. The tech that helped me broke the frames while trying to replace the screw. My broken frames were handed back to me and I was told "You need to buy a new pair of glasses, sorry." No effort was made to help resolve my problem. I did receive a email from the store manager after filing a review on Yelp telling me their District manager will be contacting me. Guess what, no contact. I thought I was going to spend a few bucks for a new screw. Instead I had to put out $418 for a new pair of glasses.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information