1.66/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

862 America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I highly recommend America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses were they offer the best prices in sight! The place I went to is located on SW Hall Boulevard, in Greenberg Corners in Tigard. I had a wonderful experience there yesterday. Everyone who works there was very professional, attentive and knowledgeable. I am waiting for my glasses to be ready to pick up in about two weeks. I am grateful for the eye exam I had done which was free and I have high hopes my glasses will be perfect and will make a big difference in my life.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

WORST glasses lenses ever! I wore my pair less than a year, taking good care of them, & they were scratched up so badly, so I took advantage of my warranty & got free new pair. It's about 6 months later & using ONLY special fabric cleaners for them & the lenses are totally scratched up again!! NEVER EVER GOING BACK THERE AGAIN!!! And their staff herded us customers (not patients) like we were cattle...going from waiting area to room, back to waiting area, then another room, waiting area again, etc.

After I recently went to an actual credible eye exam I was told that America's Best OVERPRESCRIBED my lenses prescription!! I knew I wasn't seeing as clear as I should've been. Dr said the last place I went (America's "Best") had to have really dropped the ball on my Rx glasses. Also America's Worst said that I had cataracts in BOTH of my eyes when in fact I did NOT! If it wasn't a waste of time & money, I should sue for incompetence, seriously! ***DO NOT GO HERE IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR VISION!!!***

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Paid for a pair of glasses and had to have the redone, still cannot see properly. Will not recommend this place to a dead person much less a friend. Lousy store, lousy customer service. Do not go to this rip off place.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I had both eyes examined. Ordered two pair of glasses--one for reading-- one for distance. After receiving and trying both, I was happy with the reading. But, the left eye results with the distance glasses was worse with the glasses than without. I called where I had the examination and explained my problem. I was given another appointment the next week and had my left eye reexamined and sent the glasses in again for the corrected lens. I received the second corrected pair, got home and discovered the same problem as the first pair. I decided to try through the AMERICA'S BEST website to try and have a different examiner retest my left eye. NO REPLY!

I emailed them a second time also without a reply. Here is a copy of my two emails I sent: AMERICA"s CHOICE {WEB Contact online} "I had my eyes checked twice {left eye}. I still have a vision problem {left eye} from about 12 feet away. I can see better without my new glasses than with {left eye}. I would like a different person to do the next exam in the Pearland, Tx. area. ALSO--- After receiving my corrected pair back, they did not give me my original receipt.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I have a long history with America's "best". I bought the contract for Eyecare Club. I alternate between glasses and contacts. What got me in was I was having trouble seeing the board in a classroom. (I'm middle-aged.) I receive the glasses a couple weeks later (post exam). I can't see, and it's worse. Back I go. Bit of attitude at the desk, but I got another exam. New prescription... and wait. Ok, now I've had to move to the front of class and still things are fuzzy. Back I go... this time attitude included eye roll... I went ballistic. I want a different doc!! Serious argument but I have no problems speaking up in a crowded store. New eye exam by a young pleasant doc... Surprise! One look and he immediately said... "Oh, well, I understand why your vision is blurry... you have bilateral capsular cataracts." Ok... now I'm stunned... cataracts in your 30s???

I won't say what I was thinking when I left there. Went to an ophthalmologist and it was true... so why didn't the first clown see this in TWO exams??? Still... it's a cheap way to get a prescription and some spare glasses. It will cost you that for a prescription. Do NOT let them con you on that. It is illegal not to give you the script when asked. CHECK IT against your records!! The first one had a major error (which I feel was intentional). They'll also leave off the pupil to pupil. I had to ask. Seriously... why give bad service? People who like you are more likely to go along with something. The key to making this work is JUST SAY NO. If you can't go in there and when pushed say, "I WANT THE 59 DEAL... I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING ELSE." And say it in a demanding manner, go elsewhere or you will get seriously screwed.

Now, once you're dealt with them... go to zenni.com and get your glasses with all the coatings, bifocal, etc at a fraction of the cost... and they were back and on my face a week before ABO had my glasses back. Know your prescription and be able to say no in a final and hostile manner if needed. I've been to several different places and they vary immensely. Richmond was great. Middle River/MD - also great. Atl/Decatur long waits and hard time getting a correct script when I wouldn't take the screw job, Kenner/LA - the idiot that couldn't see the cataracts.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

There was a sale for 2 pair bifocals $99 and I stupidly walked out paying $165 for 1 pair of bifocals and 1 pair of reading glasses. Also exam supposed to be free, NOT, I was charged for it. I feel some people want discount because they can't afford $500 Pair of glasses.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I purchased glasses and a warranty just to find out the warranty is a 1 time use. This place has very bad customer service. It takes them over 24 hrs for them to even return a call. They act like they are doing you a favor. I have purchased glasses with Vision Source for over 6 yrs and I have used my warranty several times throughout the year. I may have paid a little extra but it was worth it cause I did not get the runaround and did not get taken advantage of. So I highly recommend do not use this place. Do not waste your time and money. Stick with what you know, not who will take your money.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Based on the TV commercials I drove an hour to Asheville North Carolina to get 2 pairs of glasses for $69 including the eye exam as advertised. The eye doctor was terrific. I felt like I got a thorough exam and felt confident as I went to look for frames. I found their selection to be extremely limited and quite boring to be honest. But I finally found a sa couple of frames that I liked. I paid extra for a one frame. The person who fits you for the glasses tabulated the cost and I nearly fell off the chair when she told me the final cost was $534. What happened to the 2 pairs for $69?

Oh but they neglect to tell you in the ad if you have progressives or any other specifics it's significantly more money. I don't have a problem with paying for ads but I do have a problem with being lied to and lured there under false pretenses. Then I order the glasses and I ask when I can pick them up. Now I've worn glasses all my life. The smallest eyeglass centers have your glasses back in A-day or so. I practically fell off the chair for the 2nd time when she told me it would take 2 weeks. What a rip off! I would never go back.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Although I would love to give this location less than 1 star, I did have a good experience with the first two ladies that I was able to speak with and get advice on glasses. My issue was with the old blonde/white haired woman, Diane. When my boyfriend and I were looking at frames to choose from, I had asked her opinion about which pair looked better on me, from the two I had selected. Diane was rude and making comments to me about how I needed a different pair that looked better on my face. As this was her opinion and I fully understand that, she continuously made remarks to me about how my prescription would limit my available choices for frames and that the ones I had picked out were ugly. YES! She actually told me that the ones I liked, were ugly.

As this was just her opinion, I let it go. A few moments later, she pulled my boyfriend aside, and told him that I was making a huge mistake and I would regret it, and once again, that the frames I chosen would look terrible. Immediately after this, she walked around the store to the other employee ladies and I overheard her telling them that "she is going to look terrible with any of those glasses, what a mistake she is making". With rage building up inside, I just informed her that I wanted to get an estimated price on what I would be paying out of pocket for both the frames and lenses, she began telling me that my insurance would pay up to $120 for the frames and that we could see about the rest later.

During this time, she kept pushing me to get "Designer Frames" which I had said several times I was not interested in, I informed her that I enjoyed the frames I had chosen and wanted to see a price on the lenses because I knew what my insurance covered for the frames. Her reply... "well if you think you know what your insurance covers then go ahead and tell me."

As you can imagine, I was so furious with this lady. Her opinions I can understand and accept, but going around the store telling people I would look terrible in the glasses, and then getting rude with me thinking that I didn't know what my own insurance covered. I immediately told her she was being rude, and I left the store, and unfortunately because of her rudeness, I cried a little in my car, because come on, she was telling people I would look ugly. How rude!

I went to a different location a little further from my home, and the employees were so nice! They sat me down and explained to me how much the lenses would cost out of pocket and all of the great deals that they could offer me. I set up an appointment with them and immediately called and canceled the one from University Hills. Even at the other location, I had spoke to them about Diane being rude and they told me that she had several complaints made about her being rude to customers and that they stopped having her come to their store because of her attitude. What a terrible person this woman was, I have never met someone so rude.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I was a client at the Glenburnie, MD location and had several glasses purchased and changed on 2 different occasions. One year later. Roughly 2 weeks ago I went for a new pair since I broke my old pair. I was given progressive lenses for 2 pair and had 1 with transitions done. I was having issues with the power of them. I work in MD and live in PA. I went to the Fairless Hills location and they looked at my visit in MD and saw 3 yes 3 times MD changed my pupillary distance. I think that is an issue 1st. I go to MD for a refund because I will never go to that store again. They keep my $45 exam fee and never ask if they can help with the issue. The Dr. in PA does my exam and like before I need only regular nonprogressive lenses, no reading need just the 1 prescription.

When I check out I am told the charges and asked about anti-glare, a catch resistant etc. Not once was I asked about the extras except for me saying I wanted transitions was asked. I was charged for all upgrades without being asked. I am not an eyeglass salesmen and have no clue what bill has on it that is necessary or not. Find out most item not needed, only if wanted. I am appalled, disgusted and just upset at the MD Dr., optometrist and general staff at Glen Burnie, MD store. I can not express how thankful I am that I went to the Fairless Hills, PA store to correct this issue. The Dr. was great and more in depth with the exam and Nicole the General Manager was understanding, so helpful and will keep me as a client of America's Best. I will not use the MD store and my family I have in MD will never as well.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My appointment was at 3:20 pm on a Tuesday afternoon. Not busy at all. My appointment was completed by 630 pm. After I had my exam they had me sit in the waiting room an additional hour or longer just to check out I was not getting glasses or contacts so I don't understand why I had to wait to check out. On the phone they assured me they took my medical insurance. At check out they said they don't accept my insurance. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Appointment with America's Best at 11:20, arrive 11:10. Waited 1 hour before being seen. Doctor was not polite and wanted to know how come I had contacts not supplied by them? After being seen I waited another 45 minutes to pay the bill and be told they did not have the contacts in stock. They would call me in about 2 weeks! Last time they never called. I had to call them and they said "yes your contacts have been in". I bought the 3 year plan for my wife and I and this was the last visit on this plan, NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Every time I walk into the store everyone is extremely friendly and eager to help. Everyone answers all of your questions with ease and in a friendly manner. Working in the customer service field and dealing with grumpy people all day makes it even more refreshing to walk in and immediately feel welcomed. Highly recommend America's Best in Hamburg, NY.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I ordered my glasses and was told they would arrive no later than a certain date. That date came and went and when I called the woman I talked to said she could not find a tracking number. She then told me she would talk to her manager and call me back. Days go by and no call so I called them and was told they got lost in shipping and they would have to reorder with expedited deliver and they would call me.

A week goes by and no call so I called them again, the women told me yeah they were in but no one ever called me to let me know. I went to pick them up, after standing there a while a young woman came from the back and just walked by me. She was more concerned about finding a rubber band for her hair. She finally helped me and got my glasses. Another women helped me to adjust them and she was very nice. I am pleased with the glasses but getting them was a nightmare. I might buy the glasses from them again, but I will take them somewhere to get the prescription.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I received my contacts which were $170 for 6 months - they were falling apart in my eyes - when I talked with the eye doctor on duty, he explained that happens a lot with older people!! He dropped the ball and I called back a week later, he apologized and said he would order new contacts at no charge and have them mailed to my home. I had pretty good result but still pieces of the contacts would stay in my eye (almost as if the chemicals in my eye were having an effect on the contacts) - but I just kept trying.

When reordering I explained that I was still not satisfied with the product (new location this time), so the doctor was professional and gave a trial pair (they seemed to work okay for one week) so we reordered - this brand was only $140 for 6 months (why wasn't I offered these to begin with? I was told they are so expensive because they are bifocal originally). Anyway, I received the new and they seemed okay but very sticky and dry, same issue (the outer surface rips away from the rest - one day of wearing and in the trash)!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I have been going to America's Best for eye exams, glasses, and contact lenses since I was 10 years old and I am now 35! I have literally never been anywhere else. I have always gone to the location in Marietta GA as a kid and growing up and never had any problems with them. Recently I began going to the Dekalb Co. GA location off Scott. Blvd. NEVER AGAIN AS LONG AS I LIVE WILL I EVER GO TO ANOTHER AMERICA'S BEST!!!

First of all, it's now their common practice to have people wait for up to an hour for their eye exam! Like why even take an appointment at all?!?! Second of all, when I finally get called for my eye exam, the most unprofessional lady sighed and huffed and puffed that I was there, I guess because she was tired and didn't feel like working?! I am spending my money here, and being treated like I am a hassle for some reason?!

I asked if someone else could do my exam instantly. She was infuriated and enraged and told me I could leave her "office" until she found someone else. I told her she could get up and go get her manager, I just waited for an hour for this, I am not going anywhere! The manager comes in and takes the employee to a back room where I can hear her yelling and screaming. The manager returns, has the eye Dr. do my full exam, and gives me a whopping 10 percent discount (LOL).

5 months later I am getting flashes in both of my eyes I return to America's Best (because I had the 5 year plan, therefore it was free). They gave me an exam and dilated my eyes and told me that whoever prescribed my last prescription over prescribed me by a full point in each eye!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! I keep wondering why the staff is so **, and I see now its because the manager is no better!!! I will always tell people how awful America's Best is! I will never step foot in another one. These people compromised my vision and literally treated me like I was the worst person ever from the moment I stepped foot in the door. I think they are racist toward ** people, it's pretty clear!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

HONESTLY... I DID NOT WANT TO GO HERE, but now that I am a BABY BOOMER ON MEDICARE... MY POCKETBOOK HAD TO RULE! I called at 3:30 and was told that I could get same day service! From start to finish, I received top-notch, friendly and helpful service! The front desk staff was welcoming, friendly and expeditious! The choices of frames was much better than I was expecting! I found over six styles that were fashionable and reasonably current. I knew going in that the two for $69 would not apply to me, since I use the progressive lenses with anti-glare, but the fabulous Patrick (he was THE BEST!!!) patiently, and completely rallied on my behalf to make sure that I definitely got the most bang for my buck -- and he did it with panache, experience, diligence and gusto! He was the BEST eyeglass consultant ever!! And no attitude about my need to get the BEST DEAL!

The in-take technician was also AMAZING AND SO FRIENDLY AND APPROACHABLE; he explained every test, answered every question FULLY. I am so sorry that I do not recall his name, but he was there on the late shift of 9/20/18 at the Central Avenue store in Colonie, NY. The optometrist was also SUPERIOR! She was a young professional with great knowledge, sensitivity and honesty; willing to find the very best options for me regarding future cataract surgery, my prescription, and my current needs as a reluctant "older" patient. ;) Finally, the eyeglass fitting service person was fastidious and precise, friendly and reassuring! I am honestly super happy that I chose to go to America's BEST -- after many years of snobbery! All I did was spend too much money! No... they will not have the latest frames, but they will have many fashionable choices!

And if I want the latest Oprah-donned fabulous high styling in frames, I can use my new prescription to order them at a later date when I have a little extra cash. I got a pair of the highest end progressive lenses with anti-glare coating in a DKNY designer frame, as well as a funky, clunky, black over-sized Ray-Ban looking frame for reading only, with the basic lenses offered in their "two-for" advertising for a total of $327 (which included an additional, selective exam fee of an extra $15). This cost was after the application of the $125 Medicare coverage from my Humana plan. I last spent over $600 for two pairs of glasses!

I have NEVER written a review, but I HAD to write this one! If your pocketbook will only allow their bottom end offerings, they will do their utmost to help you find the very best you can get! I did NOT experience any pressure! So... it is BEST not to judge a book by its cover! They made it clear to me that I did not have to get glasses there just because I took advantage of the free exam through my Medicare! If only every business was as down-to-earth, friendly, and helpful!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

My wife and I have attempted for WEEKS to obtain a visit with the Dawsonville Georgia America's Best, we have Wednesday and Saturdays off. The door states they are open Saturday to Saturday! We have been told they do not have a physician on Wednesday or Saturdays! In which now we have been told since that they indeed do have a physician on Saturdays.

So today I went to attempt a walk in customer visit since it’s Friday and they have a physician (surely right??!!). There are three cars in the parking lot and three workers in the store. The desk clerk states and I quote “we can’t see you until 10:40 this morning as for our schedule is overbooked”. THERE IS NOT A SOUL IN THIS PLACE OTHER THAN THE WORKERS! I mean really!!! I can not believe we will have to drive 30 min plus for a alternative when this company is 1/2 mile from our home! Worst experience EVER! I do NOT recommend anyone attempt to use them for any service as for they are all about themselves and none about customer experience!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I purchased a pair of the ant-reflective, transition, progressive lens and I have wore a set of these lens in the past from another and never had the issues these lens seem to have, like constantly needing to clean the lens. Anti-reflective, transition, progressive lens are suppose to have or be scratch resistant, well the first pair of lens I had to replace after a month due to scratches, I paid for the warranty which covered only one replacement by the way, now the second set of lens are starting to scratch and I just don't get why, I use good cleaning spray and the micro fiber cloths and they still scratch.

My last pair of lens like this lasted for 3 years with never being replaced and these have been replaced once and I can't afford to replace them again the warranty is only good for one time replacement. Really, I paid for the warranty it should be at least a year. I just wanted to let people know that the prices may be less expensive but so is the quality of the products that they offer.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Since falling for their pricing scam, (apparently their $69.95 for two pair of glasses does not include the lens) I have been back 5 times with issues of parts of the frames breaking and they always seem to be out of warranty and I am told I need to buy new frames which are never in stock. Have worn glasses for 50 years and have never replaced a frame until my prescription had changed. Save your money. No deals here, just a highly advertised come on.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

It's not that the person helping me in the store was rude, she wasn't, but she certainly didn't know how to make a bad situation better. She ordered the wrong glasses and made it seem as if it was no big deal. There were no glass cases and no cleaning clothes that she could offer me, for the second pair of glasses that I left the store with. If a store makes a mistake, every efforts should be made to make the customer feel like they are important and that the store's guarantee of delivering services in a certain time frame, is kept. I'm simply not happy with the service I received and calling customer care left me even more frustrated. The cheap does come out expensive. Affordable glasses, but lousy customer service. I would rather pay more and have my expectation be met, than to pay less and have this experience.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I called America's Best to make an appointment for an eye exam and to inquire about the two pair with free eye exam for $69.99. I ask if I could get the two pair with free eye exam and a contact lens exam. The person on the phone said, "Sure." I made the appointment. During my appointment I again ask about the two pair with free exam for $69.99, and I also wanted contact lenses prescription. The doctor said, "Yes of course." The exam went okay, not very professional. So when all was complete and I went to check out, the checkout girl was very rude and informed me that since I had a contact exam I did not qualify for the two pair. I explained to her that I had ask the receptionist and also ask they doctor and both said yes I could still get the deal. She got very rude and told me it did not work that way.

So I left, to return a week later to pick up my contact lenses, the girl basically threw the pack at me and said, "See ya." I said, "No. Never again." Only gave one star because it was required to give at least one star. This place doesn't deserve any stars... I'm a very dissatisfied customer... will never recommend this place to anyone. Thanks for nothing America's Best for America's worst.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I purchased 4 pairs of glasses in Lake Worth, TX store. I returned about 1 months later complaining about a hazy, rainbow is (multi-colored film on the lenses). I also purchased 2 bootlegs of their cleaner upon the suggestions of the sales girl. She showed me how to fully spray the lenses until they were dripping and wipe with the special glasses cloth that came with each pair. I did so every time I cleaned them and constantly because they never appeared clean while looking through the lenses! I have worn reading glasses all my life! These are the first pairs (I spent over 1,200.00 for these) of glasses I could never see out of the lenses.

I told the salesgirl this and she said I was not cleaning them properly making me look like a fool in front of many other onlooking customers. She told me that I needed to have them buffed out and went off on a tangent about me not purchasing an extended warranty. The only pair that I could see out of was the sunglasses and they have a total different lens finish. Never purchase from product. They are inferior product and I just wrote to corporate and they will not even repair one set of glasses. Never again will this company get my business.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I’ve been to the store twice. The first time I fell for their hard sell gimmick and bought the anti-glare. It was a joke. The second time I went, I refused the upgrades. The woman taking our payment got visibly upset... (maybe working on commission?) She said to me...”You won’t be able to see properly unless you get these upgrades!” I said, "I just had an eye exam from your Doctor. I better be able to see properly just the way they are!” She then got angry, and spent at least 2 minutes furiously typing notes on my account. Two minutes is a long time. Needless to say, I can’t see with either of the glasses, and they slip off of my face at work. Very embarrassing. I WILL NEVER GO BACK!! Unfortunately, it’s true. You get what you pay for. In this store, PURE GARBAGE. Or BASURA.

Original review: July 31, 2018

The experience was outstanding, the level of concern for correctly fitting my glasses and ensuring the prescription was comfortable made me feel they actually were going to be sure. I was happy with the finished results. They made sure the glasses were good looking on me, they made a second set (2) pair of lenses because the first set were not right. All the employees worked well together and they were always kind and considerate. Ten stars for the Brown Deer store in Wisconsin, thank you Anne, Wesley, Lesley...

Original review: July 27, 2018

Eye exam - doctor was good. Rest of store very poor. No customer service or respect. Glasses had to be returned. Poor fitting on lenses. Second pair anti glare sucks - getting headaches. Called store. No return call from them. Will Never go to America's Best again. The worst.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I went to America's Best, because of a family member's referral, although I was warned about their prolonged time period of receiving your glasses. Upon my first visit, I was given the wrong prescription, for my glasses. I was called and told they were ready for p/u, so I go in, and the normal routine of trying them on, I could not see clearly, and told them, it was blurry, and that I could see better with my old glasses. This was ignored, and I was told, "Wear them a couple weeks, you need to adjust, this is a new prescription," I had to return. One of the staff told me, "The other doctor is better, we can have him check you, possibly correct the problem."

I should mention, before I finalize my experience, is the person that does the routine work-up before you see the Dr., I told this person several time, that I could not read the chart from my left eye, because of a cataract, but she continue to ask me to read the chart. This really upset me, she has no professional are knowledge of doing a pre-check, because if she did, this would not have occurred, and "oh yes" she had a smile on her face, in regards to my humility. I was offered a refund, but the manager kept telling me, it would take a long time for my insurance to credit my account, before I could see another Dr., and that I could see their other doctor on staff, and that he was better. I reluctantly agreed to do so. I have not received my glasses, it has been about 10 days. I will not return to America's Best ever again. Hopefully, I see clearly with these glasses.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I first went to the shop to view their selection based on a co-workers recommendations; I saw several pair I liked too so I scheduled an exam. The exam was $49, but when I sat down I was told it was for prescription only and not the additional glaucoma, night vision and other tests normally done during an exam, it would be $20 extra. They were not done by the Dr; I wish I had walked out at that point but I agreed and stayed. The eye DR went through my exam very quickly and I was a bit concerned. Then when I went out to pick up frames, everyone was really busy but I was OK, I tried on many pairs and had about half dozen when I finally had someone to help me.

She then told me they were all male glasses and that's why they were so large, (she had been watching me try on glasses for past half hour) but she couldn't find anything similar in women's glasses, except two pair that I wasn't too crazy about, she didn't seem too interested in looking any further; so I asked her an estimate with my strong prescription, I believe it was over $350! Then I decided I didn't want to do business there and would go somewhere else even though I’d now have to pay the $65 for the quick exam. So I went to another eyeglass store and the women was super helpful, let me try on dozens of glasses and stayed with me to help eliminate a pair a time. The price was around $300 with discounts added and took about 10 days to get.

Now I have a real problem, the prescription is awful my perception is off, I get dizzy I can’t read at a computer, I hadn't been working and was using my iPhone and iPad and now that I'm back on a desktop computer, I'm having a hard time! I kept thinking I would get used to the glasses, I took them back to where I got the lenses and they confirmed they matched the prescription. I don't know if America's Best will make good on the bad prescription and pay for the replacement.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Our family has purchased glasses from America's Best In past years. We have been satisfied. In May my grandson (age 25) went to America's Best for an eye exam and purchased two pairs of glasses, one being a pair of sunglasses. He had a difficult time finding a frame for his regular eyeglasses. The selection for men's glasses was very poor. He finally located a pair, but stated to the worker that they felt like they were too small. They assured him they were not. He returned for adjustments four times. The temples were too short and were causing sores behind his ears. They continued to adjust them, telling him they were fine!!! They continued to be very painful.

On one of his visits one employee stated they might have to find another frame for him. When he returned and mentioned that he needed another frame, his glasses were again adjusted and told that his glasses were being adjusted by the best person possible!!! This adjustment changed nothing for him, they continued to be painful. I was with my grandson during this last visit. I mentioned that I thought the temples were too short. I was quickly told that I did not know what I was talking about. My grandson had to order new glasses from another optical shop. We were told by this optical shop that not only were the temples too short, the frame was too small for him. The money spent at America's Best is lost. We got nothing for our money. We will never return to America's Best.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Add my name to the list of dissatisfied customers. I don't like the all too familiar sick feeling of knowing a company isn't going to do anything to fix it and make it right and I'm out the $80 and have to start all over again! My situation may be slightly different but it doesn't matter because you'll see that their poor treatment is the same for me as it is for all the others on here giving it one star or zero if we could! My appointment was last Friday. I was impressed by how nice the place looked and how hi-tech it was. The girl at the front desk was nice and helpful. Gave me the form to fill out and I sat down and did. A lot of questions, so it took me a bit to finish it. I wasn't quite done, she came back and said, "That's ok if you don't finish." She wasn't rude about it, but I didn't want to give it unfinished like that. What's the rush?

I sat there and waited another few minutes before a young guy came to get me for my tests. He was mostly pleasant but he was telling me what date it was when I already knew and there was a bit of a life lecture on how a day can be good or bad which I didn't need coming from someone 3 decades younger than I. He also said he needed the black spoon used to cover one eye back which I told him I have plenty spoons at home and wasn't gonna take theirs. He said, "Well a lot do," and I said, "Don't group me with them." I don't like the common view that if one is a thief everyone else must be too. That's not how I was raised. All this was minor compared to what was to come.

Dr. called me in for the other eye tests. Most went fine but at one point he said, "No. Raise your chin not your whole head." I didn't like that. He told me I'd be a better fit for glasses than contacts and kept asking why I didn't want glasses. I said because I came there for contacts and I never have liked wearing glasses as I pull them off my face a lot. There's an old saying: Just because one person jumps off a bridge, does that mean we all have to? Plus, I didn't want to look like their mascot owl. He showed me a test and had me read it and said, "That's 20-20 or 20-40," and I said, "It looks clear to me." He said, "No, you don't understand." I didn't like that. Don't treat me like I'm stupid, I know more than you think; how condescending. He said he could fit me with contacts but my prescription is so minimum that I don't really need them at -.75 in one eye and -.25 in the other.

Somehow my vision improved over 15 years as both those numbers were -1.50 for both eyes. I asked for UltraFlex thins. He said they don't make them anymore. Then why does 1-800 Contacts still show they do? UltraFlex thins are the only contacts I can wear that fit me right and don't bother my eyes like I don't even feel like I'm wearing anything, as it should feel. Since I hadn't worn contacts in years I had a little trouble getting the right eye lens in. He picked up all my stuff and said, "Let's move you out to the waiting area where you can finish putting them in. I have other patients." The solution was dripping all over my papers and the floor. And my lens was still on my finger. Another 10 seconds and I would have had it in but he couldn't wait! Again what's the ** rush?!

I do not like the way this store treats people! It's as rude, if not ruder, than any of the other reviews on here saying the same thing! It's right on par with what the rest of you are saying. The left eye lens doesn't fit me right and when I took out the right eye lens it scratched my eye. Of course I haven't worn them since. They called me to confirm my follow up appointment for Friday - tomorrow and I said, "Yes I'll be there." But then I got an email saying my appointment was cancelled! By who? I did not cancel! I need the contacts to fit right so I can pass renewal of my driver's license. I don't even have my prescription yet which I'm entitled to by law. I called them back and left a voicemail saying I didn't cancel and need my Rx. But they've yet to return my call!

I don't like the way America's Worst does business! This isn't how you treat people! It takes me awhile to save up $80 but they take it in every 15 minutes! Now I'm divided over going back so they can make it right--doubt it, or the sickening feeling I should just forget it and take the loss of $80 which is a lot to unemployed me, and just take my business elsewhere like to Target as others have said-btw thanks for that. I knew Walmart did vision but Target never crossed my mind. I think I'll check it out if they have a store here that does it. As for America's Worst, I think the doctor decided I cost him too much money waiting another 10 seconds and cancelled my appointment. Greedy sobs. I need that money more than they do.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information