Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.59/5

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Reviews

Original review: June 15, 2020

American’s Best in Depew, NY is absolutely horrible. I had to do another eye exam for my contacts, no problem with that. They were ordered on 5/30/2020 was told by Keanna that they would definitely be there ready for pick up within 7-10 business days. Also she gave me a hard time with giving me my prescription. Here we are June 15TH 2020 I still don’t have them even though online they have been shipped since last Tuesday. And also because of how strong my prescription is I wanted to order ahead a 6 month supply she (Keanna) also gave me a hard time of doing that. I had to request to speak to the store manager to get that done. And again paid $400.00 and still no contacts. When I call the store they are rude on the phone and only say we’ll call you. So disrespectful and ignorant I will never, ever go there again! Their employees need to be re-taught Customer Service because they suck at it!!

Original review: June 5, 2020

Had to submit prescription numerous times and glasses were still made incorrectly. On hold for 20 minutes with customer service and finally left message for them to call me back. 5 days have passed with no response.

Original review: May 24, 2020

I bought a pair of distance glasses and one pair of reading glasses. Both pairs had to be done over because the lab technician made the right lenses for a far-sighted eye, and my eye is near-sighted. The distance glasses are satisfactory, but the reading lenses are so weak that I read better without them. It is also a bit difficult for my eyes to focus with the new lenses. The exam was done with the eye chart, and I was not given actual reading material to hold in my hands and read. I e-mailed the company. They responded by saying someone would contact me. So far, no one has. I did not save money; AB was costly because now I have to buy a new pair of reading glasses.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I needed to get contacts during the whole COVID 19 pandemic. Many businesses are closed, including this one. I am a mother of 2 and work in the healthcare industry, so considered a front line worker. I am very late on getting an exam. I'm quite sure most mothers can understand that with work, kids, husband, pets and a household to run that our health and needs always come last. I called about getting just a month or 2 worth of contacts. I am still working, thank GOD and I have to see to drive. They REFUSED to send me my contacts. They said it was against policy. I told them that in this unprecedented time that many are working with their customers. Especially because I can't go in to get an exam because they are CLOSED.

I spoke to Arthur who may make calls for not only the Watson store, but possibly the Lindbergh store as well. I was polite at first, as was he until they continued to send me my contacts. I told him that was fine I would be contacting the news. His response was "oh yeah, do that, I'd like to be on (the news)." He proceeded to hang up on me. Complete and utter disrespect. I emailed customer service twice. They say they will get back with you and they don't. Zero compassion and zero willingness to work with their customers especially those who are helping to take care of the sick. No wonder they have such a horrible rating. Also, they call themselves America's best, HAHA. You can get better service and cheaper contacts elsewhere. I would like to add that I am a long time customer of at least 15-20 years. Ridiculous.

Original review: April 19, 2020

I ordered 2 pair of eyeglasses but didn’t have my prescription on hand. It have an option for AB to verify my prescription. It’s been 6 days and it’s still verifying apparently but I haven’t received any emails or calls about my order. I’ve already paid obviously and would at least like a callback or some feedback about my status. I understand the situation with COVID-19 but a response would still put me at ease. I need my eyeglasses apparently but if they aren’t able to verify my prescription, I need to know so that I can get my money back and shop elsewhere. Anyone experienced anything similar?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: March 24, 2020

I decided to give AB another go after a bad experience in 2014. The wait time was fairly acceptable, and the tech was kind. However, she made a mistake and was trying to get me to read the eye chart on the wall without my glasses. Ok, people make mistakes, no worries. The doctor was nice, but I had made some assumptions which ended up not coming to pass. Namely, she never took the prescription off my old glasses. She did a prescription which ended up being wrong. Had to send back my glasses and my contacts (after another eye exam) for the right prescription.

The salesperson was very rude when I said that my prescription hadn't changed from my old glasses, so I didn't understand what the issue was. He said "everyone says that their prescription hasn't changed... I've been in this field for 15 years and they don't know what they're talking about. What makes you say you're prescription hasn't changed?" To which I replied that I was able to read the 20/15 line with my current glasses.

Fast forward a little over a week later, finally got my correct glasses and contacts. Glasses were great, I love the premium Transitions on them, and they're comfortable. The contacts, not so much. I had one of my contacts (monthlies) rip barely two weeks in. They are rebranded Coopervision (Sofmed). Contacted them with the issue, and they agreed to ship me a new lot number of contacts at no charge. Moral of the story, yes, they did good in trying to rectify three different mess-ups, but there shouldn't have been those mess-ups to begin with. This is my second and last dealing with them or any other quickie chain like them.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I got an eye exam and bought two pairs of glasses from America's Best. They were supposed to be 2 pair for $69 but even with my insurance (or maybe because I had insurance) they ended up being at least four times that much. The glasses were the poorest quality I have ever seen and as soon as I picked them up I regretted going there. When one pair broke I brought them in to be fixed and they would not fix them without another eye exam. I overheard the receptionist tell another employee they had the frames at their store then she went to the manager who went and looked at my account on the computer and said I would need a new eye exam. I told them I no longer have insurance but they didn't care. Now I have two lenses that I paid far more for than they are worth and I can't even use them. They don't guarantee their product or value their customers. I only wish I could give them less than one star.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Their 69.95 2 pair of eyeglasses plus free exam is so not true.... I paid 589.00 for two pair of generic eyeglasses with a free exam. I will never step foot back inside that fake place.. I had picked out a name brand frame and the lady told me that bebe frames were 600.00 something, they're actually way more expensive than Visionworks.

Original review: March 11, 2020

This is not the 1st time I dealt with America's Best, I was a customer in Toms River, Nj. Always without incidents. Previously, I lived in Punta Gorda & Port Charlotte dealing with the North Port store, again no incidents. As I had another appointment in the area I tried to schedule in Port Charlotte but the only available was at the month's end so I called University Parkway in Sarasota making an appointment for 3/11/20 @ 11:40 am, When I realized my GPS directed me to another facility I called America's Best asking for the correct address, I was 1 traffic light away. I entered America's Best, asking if I had an appointment, I responded yes but I'm a couple minutes late, the receptionist told me to wait until she checks to see if the Doctor will take me. She came out 6 minutes later stating "You're 12 minutes late, you have to reschedule." I responded "for 6 minutes?" Her response "my clock says 12 minutes."

I reminded her "you were gone for 6 minutes making me 6 minutes late." She responded "you have to reschedule, the people after you already checked in." She asked when I would like to reschedule? I stated I do not have my calendar with me. When I went out to my car I checked the correct time as It's hooked to the radio. The time was 12:49, I waited for 6 minutes plus a minute to get to the car, in REALITY I WAS 2 MINUTES LATE according to radio time, the correct time. This Nasty Twit MADE ME RESCHEDULE MY APPOINTMENT for being 2 MINUTES LATE. I don't know why the employees have such a bad attitude at the University Parkway store, you can see it when you schedule online, you only have a day or 2 wait, at the other stores your wait is 1 to 3 weeks, that speaks volumes of the employees' behavior!

Original review: March 11, 2020

Have had nothing but bad experiences with this company. Only used them as they were in my company's vision plan. Tried getting my Rx sent to me electronically. Was lied to and given the run around by 3 different employees. It's a consumer right that I don't have to come in the store to get my own prescription. Changed the daily contacts brand I've been using for 5+ years to a crappy, more expensive store-recommended extended wear brand without any notice.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information