4.3/5 (451 ratings)

About 39dollarglasses.com

39DollarGlasses is an online retailer specializing in glasses, sunglasses and contact lenses. Each pair of glasses comes with scratch-resistant coating and UV protection. Inventory includes narrow and round glasses, glasses designed for working on a computer or driving and frames for teens and toddlers.

Pros

• Made in the U.S.
  • Free shipping on orders of $99
  • Affordable

Cons

• Online only
  • No high-end designer options

Bottom Line

True to its name, 39DollarGlasses sells glasses starting at $39. All eyewear includes a worry-free guarantee with 30 days to return and 90 days to exchange.

39dollarglasses.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I ordered glasses from 39dollarglasses and did not receive them for over 2 weeks. When they arrived they had red stains on both lens so I returned them. I did not receive any communication that they were processing the refund. When I called they confirmed they had received them but they had not taken action on my refund. I asked for a full refund as the glasses came to me stained. At this point, it had been over a month since my original order. They removed the stains and offered to ship them back. The process had taken too long so I purchased glasses from another vendor. They charged me over $40 in restocking fees. Beware of poor quality, delays and fees.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Kayla. We apologize for any information which you may have misunderstood with regards to your order. We advise our customers that for progressive lenses, production can take 2-9 business days on average. We see that your order completed production after 9 business days. The glasses began production on 1/4 and completed production on the 14th, which allowed for the glasses to ship on the 15th. Once your return was delivered to our facility, the returns department had the inspection team take a look at the glasses. They found that there were no defects on or within the lenses including the prescription. Any debris that may have been on the lens would easily have been removed by the microfiber cleaning cloth provided with every order. Our return policy is available for the public to access and review on our website prior to placing an order with us. Within our return policy, it states that customers returning a pair of multifocal lenses (such as the progressive lenses you ordered) will incur a refund less a 30% restocking fee. We see that you were advised that the glasses passed inspection and were made correctly on 2/9. We also see that the customer service representative that you spoke to that day, advised you of the 30% restocking fee associated with the return of any pair of progressives. You opted for the refund less 30% and that was issued to you on 2/10 by our billing department. If you ever have any questions or concerns prior to placing an order, please feel free to contact our customer service team so that we are able to provide you with any information it is that you are looking for.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I received both pair of glasses that I ordered. They both had the correct RX, and they were delivered in less than 10 days. I had no idea that was possible... But then again, I used to deal with Zenni. Thanks for the excellent service!

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Loran! We are so glad to see another customer who believes our products and service to exceed those of other companies. We know how important it is to provide quality eyewear in a timely manner and that is why we take pride in being located within the United States (New York). We are also very pleased to know that you have converted over to a loyal customer of 39DollarGlasses! We look forward to providing you with great quality glasses and service for many more years to come :)

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I recently ordered the identical lens prescription for reading glasses from 39dollarglasses and Zenni. In total I bought four pairs. Within a week after ordering, several weeks ago, my order arrived from 39dollarglasses. Perfectly done, came with two soft cases, a device to tighten/loosen the frames and cleaning cloth, no extra cost. When I called zenni and requested a soft case they told me that I would have to add $5 per pair extra not to mention the other items. The glasses from zenni have yet to arrive. I have used both companies for several years. I love 39dollarglasses and they have always promptly helped me with any issue.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Harold! We are SO happy to hear that you are pleased with our service as compared to another company. We pride ourself on being located within the United States, ensuring that customers are able to get their eyewear quickly. We would never charge a customer extra for a soft case as we understand that customers may have a preference (hard case vs. soft case). I also believe it is important to provide every customer with extra goodies (the microfiber cleaning cloth and a screwdriver) as they are needed from time to time whether it be to properly clean your lenses or even adjust your frame. We are excited to hear that you will continue doing business with us and certainly look forward to exceeding your expectations for many years to come! :)

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I purchased two pair of glasses (dark and clear) for my wife. The dark ones were perfect, the clear ones had lens issue. $39 glasses, although not finding a problem with the original set, made another and mailed them to me. The replacements were perfect. Thank you!

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Gary. We are happy to hear that we were able to provide you with glasses that work for your wife. It is our mission to provide quality eyewear at affordable prices. We are excited to continue providing you with your eyeglasses for many years to come :)

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I love this company! Their business structure, efficiency, and CUSTOMER SERVICE are to be commended (and modeled after). The quality of their glasses is very good, and they make sure you are happy. :)

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Gina! We love you too! We are so glad that you are a customer of ours and extremely happy to know that you are pleased with both the customer serve you have been provided as well as the product you received! We pride ourselves on providing the same high quality eyewear found locally, at a MUCH cheaper price. We truly appreciate your kind words and look forward to working with you again soon.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I have had good service with this company. I ordered glasses several years ago from you and just now purchased a new pair. They are comfortable, and the customer service has been great. I get immediate replies and helpful suggestions. Thanks!

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Kathy! We are pleased to see that you are a loyal customer of ours. We are excited to provide you with many more years of service and glad to know that our customer service team was able to provide you with an exceptional experience!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the service I received with my order. After receiving my original order I realized I was not happy with the selection I had made. My glasses arrived on the expected delivery date, all materials were of good quality and craftsmanship. I just was not pleased with the color of the frames I had chosen. When I called $39 Glasses I was quickly greeted by a friendly and helpful staff person who addressed my concerns and was able to procure a frame that had been discontinued by making the extra effort of searching the stock room. My thanks to David R. (Re-lensing Department Coordinator) and to all the staff at $39 Glasses for exceptional, speedy and attentive service. You have gained a loyal customer and I will recommend your organization to all my friends.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Angelo! We are extremely happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our generous return policy and were able to receive something that you like. We love our customers and understand how important it is to find glasses that you enjoy wearing therefore we do everything we possibly can to meet your expectations! We look forward to working with you and providing you with the eyewear you need in the future!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I got new prescription lenses put in my sunglass frames. They are perfect!! Even better than the original lenses. But, the customer service is excellent and I so appreciate them expediting my glasses for me to be sure I received them as I was going out of town for a month. So grateful.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hello Jane :) We have many customers like yourself who are extremely happy with our re-lensing service as we know how much certain frames mean to our customers. We are glad we were able to exceed your expectations and provide you with lenses that appear to be superior to those you previously had in your frame. We pride ourselves on the customer service we provide and so happy to hear that you had a great experience!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

David R. - Re-lensing Department Coordinator - was great to work with. He was very helpful and thorough. He helped with a fix of a discontinued item (men's rimless frame). They are my favorite glasses and he was able to find the necessary piece to make the proper repair. All taken care of in a timely manner as well..

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi David. We are so happy to hear that David was able to help you out in your time of need. We appreciate our customers and will do anything we can to help you out when we are able to!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

The service department is just super! I had a problem with a prescription. They kept after the problem and found the issue. Within days they had me a new pair of glasses. I wouldn't use anyone else! I have also gotten my nephew's son a pair for school. Very cost effective.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Jim! Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that we were able to solve your issue and get you a pair of glasses that worked for yourself as well as your family members! We look forward to providing you with your eyewear for many years to come :)

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I purchased the glasses and after about 3 months some scratches start to show on my lenses. I contact them because of the scratch on the lenses, and the answer was that after 30 days they don't give any warranty.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Osavaldo, I apologize for any misinformation you may have received however, after 30 days we do not offer a refund for a return of the glasses. You do have 90 days to return them for a one time free remake under warranty. We do not see any contact from you in which you have asked to return the glasses so, we are a bit confused as to why you stated that you have contacted us and we advised there was no warranty provided after 30 days. Each representative here knows that you are allotted a one time free remake on an original order if returned within 90 days. I recommend that you contact us at 1-800-672-6304 and as long as you are within 90 days of receiving your original order, you would be entitled to that one time free remake, as a courtesy. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

WOW! Just got my order. Fantastic! I love them! I will be placing another order VERY soon. Fast handling and shipping. I just need to get them adjusted to my face. All else was received in excellent condition. Thank You so much!

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Joan! Thanks so much for your great review, we are so glad that you are happy with your glasses received! You are very welcome and we look forward to taking care of you in the future!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

The glasses as well as the lenses and the coating are good at 39 Dollar Glasses. It’s a full-service shop. The quality is great and they have solid products. I tried the tools but I don't know if I loved that so much. It's a great idea but I don't know how that works out. Still, the prices are great and do not go into hundreds of dollars. It's convenient that it's not $300. I used to go to a LensCrafters and those other guys, and spent quite a premium. I have a son and sons lose and break glasses. So, I spent a lot on glasses in my day.

I’ve purchased from 39 Dollar Glasses a lot. This way, if you lose them, it's not ridiculous for you to get them replaced, which is awesome. I got sunglasses, regular glasses and everything except for readers and contacts. I’m glad that they save the prescriptions, which is a good feature. Also, I when I had broken glasses, the customer service rep said that it was within the warranty. They told me to send them in and they would send me a new one, which was all I wanted to hear.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Gregory :) We provide the same quality eyewear you would receive locally without the expensive price tag; we are so glad that you were able to take advantage of that and will continue to do so for both yourself and your family in the future!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

A friend said to try 39 Dollar Glasses and I purchased from them because they were cheap. It was my first time ordering and the process was perfect. It was the easiest thing ever. Everything was very simple. We found the glasses for my daughter and we placed the order within 10 minutes. Then, it was done. They shipped it via regular mail and it was fine. Their selection was a lot too. I called because when I placed the order, it didn't have a spot for my coupon. They answered the phone immediately and took care of it immediately. The experience was great. I was thinking about getting another pair of glasses.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Yvette! Thanks so much for your kind words.. We are excited to hear that you and your family will continue to use our company for your eyeglass needs :) We look forward to helping you out with your next order so always feel free to give us a call if you ever need assistance with anything :)

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

39 Dollar Glasses has a reasonable cost, not the least expensive though. Zenni tends to be a little less expensive, but also their quality is not as good as 39 Dollar Glasses. There's always a slight change and I can afford to renew the prescription better because of the glasses being reasonably priced at 39 Dollar Glasses. Also, the presentation on the internet site, the website is very easy to use, very interactive and very descriptive of what you're going to get. You don't wind up with something arriving in the mail that you did not expect was coming.

I'm a 75-year-old retired teacher. I'm still pretty active and I'm able to walk through the ordering process without a problem. The quality of the glasses has been excellent too. The shipping could be a little bit faster from when the prescription is submitted though. But that's the only negative comment I would have. I have two new pairs and I'm wearing the bifocals right now. For 80 bucks, I have an outstanding pair of glasses.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Richard. We are very happy to hear that you are happy with our products and our website. It is very important to us to have everything explained clearly to our customers so that they understand the products and what they would received. We believe an informed customer is a happy customer :)

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I have ordered at least two dozen pairs of prescription glasses and sunglasses from $39 glasses.com, I recommend them to all my family and friends, I didn’t realize before I found them five years ago that I could get Austin prescription sunglasses for so cheap, they have great promo codes and their customer service is topnotch. I just spoke with Antonio on their customer service team, he was extremely professional, genuine, caring. I highly recommend anyone who is looking for quality prescription eyeglasses or sunglasses to buy from them today.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Nicholas. Thank you so much for your kind words. We pride ourselves not only on quality products but on quality customer service as well. We are so glad that you think so highly of us and are excited to take care of your eyewear needs for many years to come!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

39dollarglasses was quick and easy. I'm very happy with the process and the results. I've ordered sunglasses and regular glasses. I’ve also ordered glasses for my father that were bifocal. I've no complaints on their quality.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey James. Thank you so much for your feedback, we really do appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for us :)

Original review: July 20, 2020

Excellent, fast shipping, nice packaging, lenses, no problem. Of the half dozen or so online optical stores, I have tried this is by far the best. Excellent value, I'm very happy I gave them a try. I will order from them again.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Fernando! Thank you so much for leaving such a great review. We try to stand out as one of the better online retailers as we completely understand the need for quality eyewear at a much cheaper price. We are so glad to hear that you will be purchasing your eyeglasses from us in the future and we look forward to providing you with the same great quality service for many years to come.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I like the frame selection and the fitting procedures make for worry free ordering. I plan to use them for prescription sunglasses which always seemed like an expensive luxury before because of the cost for glasses that aren’t daily worn.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Jeff :) We are happy to hear that you were able to easily navigate our website and place your orders without issues. Prescription sunglasses are very useful for us eyeglass wearers who need protection from the sun yet still need prescription lenses to help us see. Luckily, you were able to find us and take advantage of our services, eyewear and great prices.. Now, you are able to experience the luxury of prescription sunglasses at such an affordable price. We certainly look forward to taking care of you in the future for any of your eyewear needs :)

Original review: July 14, 2020

Customer service department very helpful. Though there were prescription problems everything worked out and I received final great eyeglasses for good price. I will continue to recommend 39dollarglasses.com and shipping received only short times after orders had been placed. Eyeglass frames are good construction. Good quality at fair price.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi there William! Thanks so much for your kind words. Our knowledgable Customer Support team is always here to help you with anything you may need. We are glad to hear that everything worked out well for you and that you will continue to do business with us along with recommending others to our website. The great thing about being an American company is that we are able to ship your orders out quickly without much waiting time between completion of your order and receiving your order at your doorstep. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns and we will be more than happy to continue providing you with the helpful customer service you have already experienced :)

Original review: July 14, 2020

They are a good way to get glasses. Going thru this company helps to make it more convenient without the hassles of driving and sitting to wait. They make it easy with their website. Just need a prescription and put your information in and wait.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Wow, just got my new glasses and boy am I pleased. Had reservations about quality with a price that good. I was told about your company about a year ago and finally pulled the trigger. Will be ordering again for back up glasses, sunglasses, bifocals and more. I can buy 5 or 6 pairs for what one pair cost in the past. Thank you for such a great deal.

Original review: July 13, 2020

They saved my career with their amazing low priced high quality eyewear. I was wearing outdated lens and frames and messing up at work. Got new everything from 39 - and am getting a raise for my improved production.

Original review: July 4, 2020

This company offers a wide choice variety of choices in styles, colors, lenses and lense tints.Their customer service was fantastic. I worked with an employee who was patient, who helped with suggestions and were very courteous. Now my husband would like to try 39!

Original review: July 3, 2020

Saying again a "Thank You" for addressing the error of not putting-in the discount code before sending the order in. David R. responded the next morning and said it was taken care-of. How refreshing to have this kind of customer service! This was my second pair of reading glasses - as I was so pleased with the results of my first order. Yes, I will tell others and recommend 39Dollarglasses to all. Kindest Regards.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I really didn't expect great glasses, just OK, but was happy to receive fantastic looking glasses, that I get complemented on everyday, more than 3 1/2 later, so they were a good investment too, because I am still wearing them!

Original review: July 2, 2020

I am very pleased with this site. Where on Earth can I find $39 glasses that have so much appeal? The value and selection are great. I will order and reorder from this company from now on. Try them and you will love them as much as I do.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I had an address issue that was entirely my fault! I hurried and called right when I noticed. My customer service rep was SO AWESOME. She went out of the way to fix my issue and was so informative. She also had a cute and bubbly personality! She made my whole day so much better. Please pass this along, she deserves some recognition.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Run, run fast as you can.... These guys are the worst customer service ever and incredibly rude. I literally paid 50% restock fee to get rid of them. There are plenty of other better companies online to use. I have never had a more rude customer service experience in 41 years, talking over me and huge ego to boot. I wish negative stars were available.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I purchased a pair of eyeglasses, the price ended up being $119. (Not near $39!) When I received them the right lens was distorted (my RX was good). I returned them and was charged $36 for THEIR trouble! They said the glasses were checked out (by them) and nothing was wrong with them. I wouldn't have went through all the trouble if they were ok. The glasses felt like cheap Dollar Store glasses. DON'T BUY FROM THEM!

39dollarglasses.com Company Information