4.3/5 (445 ratings)

About 39dollarglasses.com

39DollarGlasses is an online retailer specializing in glasses, sunglasses and contact lenses. Each pair of glasses comes with scratch-resistant coating and UV protection. Inventory includes narrow and round glasses, glasses designed for working on a computer or driving and frames for teens and toddlers.

Pros

• Made in the U.S.
  • Free shipping on orders of $99
  • Affordable

Cons

• Online only
  • No high-end designer options

Bottom Line

True to its name, 39DollarGlasses sells glasses starting at $39. All eyewear includes a worry-free guarantee with 30 days to return and 90 days to exchange.

39dollarglasses.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39dollarglasses.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Original review: May 20, 2022

The selection that 39dollarglasses.com has online works for me. I've been getting the same two styles for the past 15 years. The reps are friendly and very helpful. Plus, the prices are very good.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Richard! Thank you for leaving a review. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our glasses and customer service. We look forward to providing you with your eyeglasses for as long as you need them! :)

Original review: May 18, 2022

Twice I called for status to find out that first my glasses failed inspection; and 1 1/2 weeks later that the lenses that I ordered are no longer available. They never contacted me about problems and now for the second time another up charge of $60 on top of the last up charge of $50. These are no longer affordable prices. I could go anywhere and get better service.

Original review: May 16, 2022

Tiffany F. was so helpful and full of knowledge on how to properly help me with my situation. I appreciate all her time in this matter. She was very patient and never judge or rushed me considering I called like 15 minutes before closing time. She was able to help me right away with everything I needed and then some. Thank you so much Tiffany F. for your excellent service!!

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Marielys! We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with our customer service team member! Tiffany is certainly amazing at what she does and glad to have her working with us! Thank you for your kind words; we look forward to serving you for many more years to come :)

Original review: May 7, 2022

Ordering is fine. Finding glasses, the style and understanding how glasses are different, can be a little confusing. But once I pick out the frame and found it, it has been easy. The frames are great for what I paid them for.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hello Colin. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with your glasses! If you ever have any questions about placing an order or about the products in general, please feel free to contact us and we would be more than happy to help you!

Original review: May 5, 2022

I bought glasses from 39dollarglasses.com for $30 and they look cool and the quality is awesome. I had the wrong prescription one time and they took total care of it. It's a great company. What really hooks me and the only time I ever buy from them is when they have their sale. There's a discount and the lenses are so cheap, there's no reason to not just grab yourself a cool little pair of glasses.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Joseph! Thank you for sharing your experience. We pride ourselves on providing optimal customer service to all of our customers and glad we were able to help you with your situation :)

Original review: May 3, 2022

My mother’s Tory Burch frame was lost in shipment, order was placed on March 11, 2022. I contacted FedEx and 39DollarGlasses, multiple times via phone and email and was eventually told by FedEx to reach the company as they had already reimbursed them for the lost item. I was sent an email by 39 dollar glasses that they were reimbursing me the cost of the lenses but neither fedex or they will reimburse the cost of the frame. This is appalling. They should show some responsibility. I will not be using their services ever again.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I recommended 39dollarglasses.com to a lot of people. I liked the price. Also, ordering has been good, and shipping fast. Mine are prescription glasses and the prescription seemed to fit fine.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I contacted 39dollarglasses.com because I hadn't verified my teacher status until after I submitted the order. (They offer a QR code for teachers to give to a student for a free pair of eyeglasses when teachers submit their own order.) I really wanted the QR code for one of my students. Thomas, the customer service rep I spoke with, was quick to respond, got the QR code with me and walked me through future orders so that everything is up to date. I've ordered my glasses from here since 2018 and I've never had an issue with them. I would highly recommend ordering glasses from them.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I ordered a new pair for the previous pair I broke and the customer service is terrible. The frames I got had a manufacturer defect and the other frames weren’t the same size as my previous pair. This company told me I had to handle the entire return process because they won’t. I have to fill out a return sheet, print the label, deliver the package to a shipper, and they ultimately didn’t resolve their quality issues or mine.

These frames are bulk frames available at most other websites that want to keep return customers. Would not recommend, will not be going back. Waiting for my replacement frames so I can have backup junk glasses I guess.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

Large selection, superb customer service and low cost eye-glass frames. What more can you ask for? Too bad they do not stock the glass frames in 150mm or wider. The one I bought came really fast though.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Tiffany was VERY helpful to me today. I had questions about being able to use my UCare benefits card to pay for new glasses I want to order. She not only explained how to order but also gave me a password for 15% off on my next order. Buy her a cup of coffee or something. GOOD customer service is very hard to come by these days and she was fantastic!! Thanks Tiffany. Mike

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Man, you guys need to pay Thomas more. He was so incredibly helpful-- walking me through this whole process with my awful previous Drs (America's Best) to get my prescription and was so informative! I have one previous order with you guys and had a pleasant experience but damn, Thomas took it to a whole another level. I've been putting off buying contacts/glasses for so long, but if I knew y'all had Thomas's lying around I would give you everything short of rent/food money!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

Hello. I placed my first order and was so surprised how great their glasses are. I was so used to paying hundreds of dollars same. Decided to try 39DollarGlasses. I was so surprised how amazing they are that I wanted to send a message to tell everyone they should give them a try.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I’m almost two years into the glasses I ordered through 39DollarGlasses, and I want to tell everyone that I am still DELIGHTED with my purchase. Every other pair of glasses I’ve owned end up with scratches within that period of time. Not this time! I may be coming back again shortly as I’ve another pair of frames I love, and am about to see an eye doctor soon.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

She helped me with many questions I had and did not get impatient at all. She went above and beyond! I have been in nursing supervision and would hire her any day! Thanks again, Tiffany for your kindness and expertise!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I just wanted to give Tiffany F. a huge hug and Thank you! She answered all of my questions regarding the order I placed for my 4 year old daughter's glasses. I was so impressed with her knowledge about the prescription and what it all meant. Such a sweet lady! Thanks a bunch.

Sincerely,

DeLane

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

After some coupon codes offered on the site, I paid 48 dollars each for sunglasses and regular glasses with upgraded lightweight lenses and frames. When I called with a question after ordering they answered right away and answered my question. The order arrived four days after placing the order (paid for 2 day shipping but they have to make them before shipping.) They’re cute and prescription on point. Great experience and will definitely be going to them for all my glasses and shades from now on!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I desperately need new single vision glasses but even with most expensive expedited delivery, they cannot assure delivery given 13 days to produce and ship. I guess if its takes 4 - 5 days to manufacture and one day FedEx to deliver I must be missing something. Might as well use another service. Great glasses but misleading on prep and send.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I'm so thankful and happy to have found $39 Glasses. I really needed a pair and didn't have insurance, they took care of me. The Exact Fit system was easy to use and see what the frames would look like on my face. The price was perfect.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Joel! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such as great review! The Eye Doctors who own 39DG made it their mission to ensure that the public be provided with a much more affordable way to purchase their eyewear as at the end of the day, we should not have to go broke just to see clearly! We are so glad you were able to find us and look forward to providing you with your eyeglass needs for many years to come:) Feel free to contact our knowledgable Customer Support team should you have any questions or concerns; we are always here to help :) Enjoy the rest of your summer, Joel!

Original review: June 4, 2021

I have been a customer of 39 Dollar Glasses for over 5 years and have had excellent service. Today, I had a special order and called and spoke with Tiffany, who was just wonderful and helpful in ensuring the order was correct. Thank you Again.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Andrew! Thank you so much for being an amazing customer. We are always here to help our customers with whatever it is they may need, whether the task be easy or hard! Tiffany will certainly be pleased to hear of your kind words! Enjoy your summer :) We look forward to working with you in the future!

Original review: May 11, 2021

Just wanted to commend you on your service and products. Initially I was hesitant to order glasses online, especially given your fantastic pricing. Here are the factors that contributed to my hesitancy: (1) credibility of the company, (2) track record reported by other customers, (3) accuracy & reliability of the ordering process, (4) capability to deliver a good product. The first 2 were easily confirmed with a little online research. I was relieved to learn that this is not an offshore business and manufacturing is done in the USA, and. I was pleasantly surprised by the respect of the company evidenced in business reporting and independent reviews and customer testimonials.

The last 2 were satisfied when I received my order of eyeglasses & sunglasses. I received my order less than 1 week after placing it, my prescription was spot on, and the frames fit perfectly. Everything about the service and the glasses spoke of high quality and tremendous value. I would recommend 39 Dollar Glasses to everyone, without hesitation.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Douglas! Wow! We commend you on being such a great customer of ours and taking the time to do your research in order to properly educate the public on our products and services :) We are EXTREMELY happy to have you as a customer of ours. We pride ourselves on being an American company, providing customers with a quality product which is produced within the USA. It is customers such as yourself who allow us to continue to love what we do. We look forward to helping you with all of your eyewear needs for many more years to come! Thank you for such as great review.

Original review: April 30, 2021

We love 39 Dollar Glasses. We keep buying from them and the quality has gone up. The last pair of glasses that I ordered for my husband were the best yet.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Linda! Thank you so much for your kind words :) We are so glad to know that you are happy with our services and very excited to continue providing you with all of your eyewear needs for many more years to come.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful experience..The quality and customer service was wonderful..I will order my eye wear from your collection again..and have told many friends about my fantastic service..Only issue I had was waiting my glasses took longer than normal..Only because of covid and they went to the wrong country..Plus it was around Christmas time also...but your wonderful staff..Tracked them down..getting them on the right location..but was also willing to get a new shipment sent out..My original eye wear arrived just before Christmas and I couldn't have been more satisfied..Thank you again for your wonderful service.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Vickie! We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with our Customer Service team and that you are happy with your glasses! We completely understand that the postal service can cause frustration at times however, we are always ready to do everything possible to ensure you have a good experience overall! We are so happy to have you as a customer of ours and extremely excited to continue working with you and taking care of all of your eyewear needs for many more years to come :) We appreciate you!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I had to maneuver to learn the website at first when ordering the glasses from 39dollarglasses.com but it was pretty quick to pick up on. The selection is pretty diverse. The last pair that I ordered were circle glasses. I like being able to pick up on that style and seeing that it actually works with my facial features. I have been recommending 39dollarglasses.com and their glasses to my family members.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Devrynn. We are glad that you were able to use our website and browse for a frame that fits you well! :) Those circle shaped frames are quite popular! If you ever have any questions or need help, feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to help you! Thanks for being a loyal customer of ours :)

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

39dollarglasses.com is where I choose my frames from for at least 5 years. 39 dollars is the lowest, and depending on the frame the price may go up. I've never had a faulty frame or inaccurate prescription. I like the virtual frame fitting which is customized even to where your glasses rest on your nose. Check your email after signing up because they offer fabulous money saving sales from time to time. They have a rewards program also, so it builds up as you buy frames, if you would like, or you can instantly apply your credit to your purchase. All glasses are delivered in a hard shell case with a cleaning cloth and screw, and a card with a link to a video tutorial on how to make minor adjustments to the frames. The company is run by licensed optometrists. Just have your prescription available. There's an easy form for you to fill, then after your order is processed the glasses are shipped in approx two weeks. Bifocals, transition lenses are also available.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Pamela! Wow, thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear that you are pleased with the services we provide. It seems like you have done your research and know more about us than most customers, which makes us very happy! We look forward to providing you with outstanding products and services for many years to come :)

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I ordered glasses from 39dollarglasses and did not receive them for over 2 weeks. When they arrived they had red stains on both lens so I returned them. I did not receive any communication that they were processing the refund. When I called they confirmed they had received them but they had not taken action on my refund. I asked for a full refund as the glasses came to me stained. At this point, it had been over a month since my original order. They removed the stains and offered to ship them back. The process had taken too long so I purchased glasses from another vendor. They charged me over $40 in restocking fees. Beware of poor quality, delays and fees.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Kayla. We apologize for any information which you may have misunderstood with regards to your order. We advise our customers that for progressive lenses, production can take 2-9 business days on average. We see that your order completed production after 9 business days. The glasses began production on 1/4 and completed production on the 14th, which allowed for the glasses to ship on the 15th. Once your return was delivered to our facility, the returns department had the inspection team take a look at the glasses. They found that there were no defects on or within the lenses including the prescription. Any debris that may have been on the lens would easily have been removed by the microfiber cleaning cloth provided with every order. Our return policy is available for the public to access and review on our website prior to placing an order with us. Within our return policy, it states that customers returning a pair of multifocal lenses (such as the progressive lenses you ordered) will incur a refund less a 30% restocking fee. We see that you were advised that the glasses passed inspection and were made correctly on 2/9. We also see that the customer service representative that you spoke to that day, advised you of the 30% restocking fee associated with the return of any pair of progressives. You opted for the refund less 30% and that was issued to you on 2/10 by our billing department. If you ever have any questions or concerns prior to placing an order, please feel free to contact our customer service team so that we are able to provide you with any information it is that you are looking for.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I received both pair of glasses that I ordered. They both had the correct RX, and they were delivered in less than 10 days. I had no idea that was possible... But then again, I used to deal with Zenni. Thanks for the excellent service!

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Loran! We are so glad to see another customer who believes our products and service to exceed those of other companies. We know how important it is to provide quality eyewear in a timely manner and that is why we take pride in being located within the United States (New York). We are also very pleased to know that you have converted over to a loyal customer of 39DollarGlasses! We look forward to providing you with great quality glasses and service for many more years to come :)

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I recently ordered the identical lens prescription for reading glasses from 39dollarglasses and Zenni. In total I bought four pairs. Within a week after ordering, several weeks ago, my order arrived from 39dollarglasses. Perfectly done, came with two soft cases, a device to tighten/loosen the frames and cleaning cloth, no extra cost. When I called zenni and requested a soft case they told me that I would have to add $5 per pair extra not to mention the other items. The glasses from zenni have yet to arrive. I have used both companies for several years. I love 39dollarglasses and they have always promptly helped me with any issue.

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Harold! We are SO happy to hear that you are pleased with our service as compared to another company. We pride ourself on being located within the United States, ensuring that customers are able to get their eyewear quickly. We would never charge a customer extra for a soft case as we understand that customers may have a preference (hard case vs. soft case). I also believe it is important to provide every customer with extra goodies (the microfiber cleaning cloth and a screwdriver) as they are needed from time to time whether it be to properly clean your lenses or even adjust your frame. We are excited to hear that you will continue doing business with us and certainly look forward to exceeding your expectations for many years to come! :)

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I purchased two pair of glasses (dark and clear) for my wife. The dark ones were perfect, the clear ones had lens issue. $39 glasses, although not finding a problem with the original set, made another and mailed them to me. The replacements were perfect. Thank you!

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Gary. We are happy to hear that we were able to provide you with glasses that work for your wife. It is our mission to provide quality eyewear at affordable prices. We are excited to continue providing you with your eyeglasses for many years to come :)

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I love this company! Their business structure, efficiency, and CUSTOMER SERVICE are to be commended (and modeled after). The quality of their glasses is very good, and they make sure you are happy. :)

39dollarglasses.com response

Hey Gina! We love you too! We are so glad that you are a customer of ours and extremely happy to know that you are pleased with both the customer serve you have been provided as well as the product you received! We pride ourselves on providing the same high quality eyewear found locally, at a MUCH cheaper price. We truly appreciate your kind words and look forward to working with you again soon.

39dollarglasses.com Company Information