Call toll free
3.84/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

39DollarGlasses.com is the top online optical store for all your prescription eyewear and contact lens needs. Our friendly customer service team is happy to help answer any questions you may have. With quality products, fast shipping, and a knowledgeable staff, 39DollarGlasses is the best place to get a custom crafted pair of prescription glasses or contact lenses at the lowest prices around.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

424 39dollarglasses.com Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 26, 2019

I have been using 39dollarglasses.com for years. I bought sunglasses and several pairs of frameless glasses. My complaint is with the frameless glasses they now use, the (Rimless 6) Bendable Titanium. At first they feel great, springy and snug against your face and bridge of the nose. However, each temple stem has a joint that is near your temple where the springiness happens. That joint fails after 6-8 months of daily use where you remove your glasses and put them back on in normal use.

I was told that I needed to be careful to ensure that both temples were held as I removed and put on the glasses. They fixed the glasses and sent them back to me. Respectful of their instructions I was careful to use both hands when adjusting the eyewear. About 6 months after the repair the single bridge connector (connecting the lenses over your nose) snapped as I applied just enough pressure to put them on my face. I called back and advised of the issue. They are now out of warranty and they cannot replace my perfectly good lenses onto another style of frame because they discontinued the "Rimless 6", a similar design with straight, heavier temple stems. They did offer to send me a new frame so that I could have a local optometrist put it on for me.

I have no complaint about the other, plastic frame sunglasses I have gotten from them. They are inexpensive, look great and last forever. But get rid of the "Bendable Titanium" line and go back to a tried and true frame, or at least offer it as an alternative. EyeBuyDirect seems to be able to do it...

Original review: June 26, 2019

I have been a satisfied customer of 39DollarGlasses for many years. Your frames and lenses are excellent, but more important, your customer service is outstanding. Yes, sometimes things may get delayed, but your employees work extra hard to make things right. Clearly, your customers come first, and that’s why I will continue to buy my glasses from you. Thank you for the valuable products and services you provide.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I have been using $39 Glasses for about 6 years. I ordered some sunglasses on May 29th and was told it would be 7-10 days before it shipped. I kept looking at the site and it said it was still in process. I finally called on June 17th and was told that they failed inspection on the 10th and that I would have them in the next few days. It was very difficult to get an answer from them. They never emailed me about this hold up. Then I was told they would ship yesterday and because I had all this trouble, they would send it FedEx today. They shipped today and are coming by USPS, which I am sure it going to delay them further. I will not be using them in the future as their communication skills are poor and it was almost impossible to get an answer that made sense from a human. I would rather pay more locally than have to go through this process again. They have lost me as a customer.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I needed a spare pair of glasses for my daughter who was in elementary school. I didn’t wanna spend a lot of money for just a spare pair. I ordered from 39DollarGlasses and it was super easy. I called and check on the order, just how long it was gonna take to process, and they were very friendly. And the product is wonderful, especially its weight. They're great value.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I ordered a pair of eyeglasses using the new prescription I received from my eye doctor. I received the glasses about two weeks later. I couldn't see out of them at all. I tried them on several times and never could see. I had a follow up with my eye doctor, so I took the glasses with me to see if he made a mistake, or if they were made incorrectly. My eye doctor read the prescription on the lenses and they were off. I contacted customer support and was told to return the glasses that they would be corrected.

I followed up today as I hadn't heard anything further from them. I received an email today that said that the glasses were made within acceptable Ansi standards and are considered correct. Correct? How can they be correct if I can't see out of them? The right eye lens was made with an Axis of 3 degrees off and this is acceptable because the eye wouldn't detect the three degrees? If I can't see out of them they were made incorrectly and shouldn't have passed inspection. SHAME ON YOU! I will be sure to tell all of my friends of your substandard work!!!

39dollarglasses.com response

Hi Rhonda, We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. In review of your returned order, we do see that the re-inspection determined that your glasses were in fact made correctly (to what was ordered). This is also the reason we were hesitant with regard to creating a remake order as it seems if a new pair were to be made, they would not work for you either. After careful review of your prescription in which you have sent to us, we see that you input your "ADD" power of +2.00 within the CYLINDER values for each eye. Also, you added Axis values to the order when we see that your Doctor did not prescribe you any CYLINDER or AXIS values. It is very concerning that this error was not caught while having your Eye Doctor inspect the pair of glasses we made for you however, we are glad that we were able to catch this error and are more than willing to create a new pair of glasses for you with the correct prescription. In order to do so, please call us and place the order over the phone as we see that we have already refunded you for the pair of glasses that you have returned to us.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 39DollarGlasses.com?

Original review: April 12, 2019

I reordered a pair of glasses, and the company sent me frames that were bent. They looked terrible. 39 Dollar Glasses gave a refund for the frames but refused to refund me for shipping even though the issue was their fault. I won’t be purchasing from them again.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I ordered two pairs of glasses from this website on March 17, 2019, and today is April 7, 2019. It has been nearly a month and when I checked the website they said glasses usually come within 14 days maximum. I also contacted the website via e-mail about 3 days ago and I still haven't gotten any reply or any update. The order status has been the same for about 3 weeks now and I either want a refund or an estimated time for my glasses to be delivered.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I heard about 39 Dollar Glasses through a friend of mine from work. They are cheaper compared to others. I've ordered from them a lot and the 8 glasses I got from them have become my accessory. I wear a different color every day. My prescription is stored, and now, I know the measurements, so I can go in and look up the measurements. So it’s a little too easy. The glasses are also pretty good. I have my original pair that I got from the optometrist and the screws don’t tighten as well and a little flimsier. I recommend 39 Dollar Glasses all the time.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Like Carl's review of 3/28/19, I was also informed that my glasses failed inspection and that they were 'expediting' new lenses. It would appear that quality production is a serious issue. Thus, eighteen days after my initial order, my glasses are still 'in progress'. Next time, I'll try anywhere else, as it's not a good deal if you do not have product to show for it. When your insurance reimbursement shows up significantly earlier than your glasses (Yea Eye Med!) you know you're in trouble.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Both my wife and I have been 39 Dollar Glasses customers for six years. We were with Four Eyes before and 39 Dollar Glasses is half the price. The only difficult thing about the ordering process is getting someone else to take the distance between the middle of your pupil and the outside of the frame because whoever you bought glasses from before won't disclose what that is for you to be able to order online. The website has a paper ruler though.

I'm 60 and used to use wire frame glasses. Now, we buy schoolboy style glasses with black plastic frames. Their quality is fine. They're identical to what we have from Four Eyes. Once, I took a shot at Glasses For You and the glasses weren’t anywhere near the same quality. They were incredibly cheap and poorly made. 39 Dollar Glasses gets the right balance of quality and price. I don’t see any competitor to them out there. Plus, they have an offer that if you don’t like your glasses for any reason, send them back and they’ll credit the account. One time, when the glasses came in and I didn’t like them, that was what happened and I had no problem, whatsoever. Overall, we're happy with 39 Dollar Glasses. We've used them in the past and we'll use them in the future.

39dollarglasses.com Company Information