Looking for a ticket website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.76/5

374 Vivid Seats Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 24, 2019

Very expensive tickets, they are re-sellers. I have ordered almost two months in advance, one day before sending me the electronic tickets, I got a call from them notifying me that the seller does not have the seats I have purchased. They offered me a different seats. I took them, since I realize I didn’t have a much choice. Not good experience dealing with them..Will not buy ever tickets through Vivid Seats again...

Original review: June 23, 2019

I tried buying tickets through Vivid Seats, I paid for them with my credit card but I accidentally declined the tickets. I assumed that my payment did not go through but I later discovered that I had been charged and was unable to get a refund. Buyer beware- Vivid Seats will be charge your credit card even if you are unable to have the tickets transferred to you.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I ordered tickets on Vivid Seats for Young Frankenstein at the Belk Blumenthal Theatre, located at 130 North Tryon Street in Charlotte. This is a very nice Theatre, and only hosts top level professional events. I paid a total of $136.11 for two tickets. I received 2 tickets for Young Frankenstein at a Community College venue, Theatre Charlotte, located at 501 Queens Road. These tickets have a face value of $17.00. I realize that with resale outlets often the tickets may cost more than face value. However, I believe the ticket sellers and/or Vivid Seats was intentionally deceptive in advertising this production at a professional venue. No one would pay $136.11 for a student community college production.

I have had communications with 3 different CS reps, and so far no resolution. When I first complained on Friday, June 21, I viewed my ticket summary on my account and the venue clearly stated it was Belk Blumenthal Theatre. This morning, guess what? The venue on my order has been changed. They e-mailed saying the venue has been changed. I do not believe this production was ever scheduled at the Belk Blumenthal Theatre. I believe this is fraud, and would advise anyone considering doing business with Vivid Seats to reconsider. You may not get what you paid for. I have not given up - I will continue to pursue getting a refund with all applicable agencies.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I bought two seats to see Blink 182 at the Austin 360 Ampitheater for the 2019 summer tour. I double checked the venue and information before confirming. When I received my confirmation email, it showed the venue in Houston. I called immediately and spoke with a senior customer service person who told me there was no way their computer could make that mistake and they allowed no refunds or exchanges.

So I’m stuck with tickets for a venue 4 hours away, even though I called within minutes of receiving the incorrect confirmation venue. She basically told me to resell the tickets, but being a single mom with a limited income, I can’t afford to buy the correct tickets until I get the money back from the incorrect ones. Sad and annoyed that they refused to believe their system could make a mistake and I’m stuck with the consequences. This was supposed to be a birthday present for my daughter turning 13. I recommend using a different ticket site all together.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I placed an order on 6/4 for 6 tickets to the Cubs game on 6/8 in Terrace 217 Row: 6. I specifically picked these seats for the view of the Jumbo Screen. It was my sis-in-law's anniversary. So I paid $150 to post on the board during the game. I received an email stating that the seller transferred the tickets and to follow the specific steps to retrieve them. After numerous attempts I followed instructions on the MLB website to contact them by phone. So I called MLB and they couldn't find any tickets transferred into my account. They then had me speak with a Cubs CS rep who also said the same thing. I tried to reach VIVID but because I was still so many days before the event, I could get a hold of anyone.

The phone # wouldn't allow me to reach a live person and no one would answer the chat. Finally the day before the event, my VIVID chat attempt was successful. It would only allow me to connect from my phone. The rep made me go through all of the steps again to be sure that I followed it properly. After being on hold for a while I received a timed-out notification and lost the chat. I had to start ALL OVER AGAIN. Went through all of the steps with a new rep. This time they got a little bit further in the process when it timed out YET AGAIN! By now I had invested over 2 hours with 2 different Reps. I connected again with a 3rd rep. He luckily read through all of the notes to save me from having to explain everything again.

His only solution was for me to call the Cubs when they opened at noon on the day of the event. UGH!!! So I called right at noon and the Cubs rep was great. He had multiple people including his manager confirm that the Seller had NOT transferred the tickets to me. He felt bad to tell me that I had to go back to VIVID yet again. Because it was the day of the event, I reached a LIVE person at VIVID. I explained AGAIN everything that had transpired and he suggested trying a new email address. He said that he escalated my issue and to keep checking my gmail account over the next 2 hours. If nothing appears he said to call back within two hours of the event and if the seller doesn't fulfill their obligation, I would be upgraded to better seats.

Well, the tickets never arrived so I called within the 2 hours and the agent was useless. She didn't understand why I was so upset. By this time were were driving downtown to check into our hotel and meet our family. We had to sit in the car in the garage so as not to lose our signal while our whole family was waiting for us. The agent said that because it was so close to the game she could only offer us seats way in the back with an obstructed view. We were the 2nd row from the top and had the upper deck blocking our view. I had to drag my family all the way down the stairs to see the screen when the announcement came across the screen. I have knee and back problems, my sis-in-law also has knee problems.

So this was a complete nightmare. And the best the agent could do was give us a $30 credit. That is completely UNACCEPTABLE!!! It's not my fault that the seller backed out and that VIVID's rule is to wait until within 2 hours of the event before providing us a resolution. Obviously by then nothing decent will be available. It seems almost on purpose!! I NEVER would have purchased the horrible seats we were put in! I want this issue escalated and a better resolution provided! My entire family (some came from out of state) was so disappointed! This whole experience caused me so much undue stress and anxiety.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: June 19, 2019

We went on Vivid Seats to purchase tickets to a Washington Nationals game. We clicked on a game for 6/20. However, when we received the tickets, they were for a game on 6/18, which happened to start about 2 hours after I purchased the tickets. Upon calling Vivid Seats they refused to be of any assistance. Claiming even if it was a misdirection, they do not provide exchanges, refunds or any sort of an effort to help their customers. Worst customer service and terrible company altogether. Our company will never be using this site again.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I bought my first pair of tickets from Vivid Seats because that particular game was cheaper than on StubHub. I then received an email from Vivid Seats stating that if I made one additional purchase within 30 days, I would receive 20% off a subsequent purchase. I used the link in that email to make two additional purchases. However, I never received my 20% code/link/coupon from Vivid Seats. When I contact customer service, I get told to forward the email that was initially sent to me for them "to look into it." Total sham... classic bait-&-switch.

Original review: June 18, 2019

We purchased tickets to the New York Yankees baseball game and we never received the tickets. Vivid Seats refused to send the tickets or refund us. I filed a complaint with the BBB. Beware of this company!

Original review: June 17, 2019

I purchased tickets to a AAA baseball game more than a month before the event. It was a popular date and not too many tickets were available. The listing read "TBD Section Seats" and it was over $100 for two tickets. It said we would find out what section the "seats" were in before the event. In the meantime I found out my daughter-in-law had two tickets for us, so I told her to give them to friends since we already had some.

The tickets showed up in e-mail on Monday before the Friday event. They were General Admission, not in a section, which meant you could either stand up or sit on the lawn. My husband and I are senior citizens and neither of these options were preferable. The face value of the tickets was $6 each. I contacted their live chat and was told basically I had no recourse since they said "TBD". I told them that it was implied that they were seats, not standing room only tickets, and that they were way overpriced and that the seller misrepresented them. They told me I had no recourse and the sale was final.

Later that week, they called me, and told me that a specialist of some sort would investigate and call me back. I got no callback until AFTER the event, and they just wanted to make sure I had been able to enter the venue. Is this a common event with your tickets that you sell, that people can't even enter the venue? That says a lot about your product. I told them I wanted a partial refund, and they said they could offer me store credit in the form of free service charges to some future event, amounting to $23. As if I would ever buy from them again! I told them I would use SeatGeek or StubHub in the future and that they could keep their store credit. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Today, I had my first experience with Vivid Seats. I was on the phone with Brian and I have never been more happy with a customer service agent. He was so patient with me, explained how everything worked. He gave me his extension in case I have any more questions as time went on. If you want to talk to someone who is amazing at their job and will take the time to help you in any way possible. Ask to speak with Brian!!

Original review: June 16, 2019

I have never experienced worse customer service in my life, including the notorious internet/tv provider companies. They sell tickets for OVER DOUBLE face value cost and while there are still tickets available on the original site. I blame my own stupidity and hastiness for clicking the first site to come up and using them instead of others but am posting this in hopes no one else will. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS.

There are no cancellations, returns, or refunds. They will do anything they can to prevent you from talking to a real person. If you manage to, in my experience, they will be rude, unhelpful, and ignore your questions. They refuse to let me contact the seller, refuse to let me expedite the shipping so I can at least TRY to sell them back, and refuse to let me speak to any superiors. They truly give you NO OPTIONS. And when they realize you've figured that out, they will stop responding. The customer service is honestly deplorable, as is what they do to unsuspecting consumers. USE ANYTHING BUT THEM. They don't deserve to profit.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Scam company. I ordered 2 tickets to Yes at PNC from them. After at least 8 calls with customer service, I finally realized that all 8 voices answer the questions the same exact way. They took my $228 and never delivered the tickets. Well run scam but I hope this company gets what they deserve.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I bought seats that should have been together. When I finally received the tickets, they were not. Vivid Seats was not helpful. Tickets did not have my name. Not sure how they operate legally. Scalpers is the best thing you could call them.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Purchased concert tickets and a month later they had the same tickets for sale for 1/5th of the price I paid. This was NOT a high demand concert and when I contacted them they were full of **. Such a scam to overcharge people. I don't care how they are selling them. They should NOT gouge people on pricing. Will NEVER use them or recommend them to anyone.

Original review: June 10, 2019

If I could give less than a 1 star I would. My family purchased 10 tickets to see Paul McCartney on his Freshen Up Tour. Over $3000 total spent. 24 hours before the concert, they called and said they did not have our tickets. They stated “they have been sold to a third party, it was out of their hands and they could not fulfill our order.” Whatever that means!!?? I will be sure to never purchase or let anyone I know purchase from Vivid Seats again.

Original review: June 8, 2019

On May 2, I thought I purchased 2 tickets from Vivid Seats on for a game to be played on an June 19. I paid using PayPal. My credit card was charged $142.50. I never received the tickets I tried using both PayPal and Vivid to resolve the problem. PayPal said they received proof that the tickets were sent and received. I'm not sure what type of proof that have. In checking My user ID on Vivid Seats' own website. it shows NO history of purchasing any tickets during that time period in question. Yet I was still charged. Any correspondence with Vivid Seats has fallen on deaf ears. Vivid proclaims that they have a 100 percent customer satisfaction policy "Peace of Mind". This is about as honest as their Live Chat, which I found not to be Live, just programmed to reply to set questions. Dealing with Vivid and even PayPal has been very frustrating and upsetting. I will avoid using Vivid Seats in the future. They are NOT customer friendly.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I spent $2849.10 on tickets for the Blues vs Bruins game 6 purchased on May 22 and today is June 8. I still don't have my tickets. I have called 3 times and live chatted twice. I have never spent this much on tickets in my life and really looking forward to the game but still don't know if I have tickets. They have given all kinds of reason of why they aren't available such as the price of the ticket and the event hasn't released the ticket. I even bought insurance. One of their customer service representatives told me that they have up until 2 hours before to give you your tickets. Imagine not knowing if you have tickets up until right before the event. Horrible site. Never ever use them. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: June 6, 2019

The spoke with a customer service person in regards to ticket sales about three weeks ago, I was quoted a price on the phone but to my amazement was charged more than quoted. I called back the girl back and she said "we shall credit some back!" But guess what. The credit never came. This business conducts deceptive business practices by not being truthful plus lying. I emailed customer service back about the problem! But guess what again more lies and BS. Beware about these rip off artists.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I bought 5 tickets to Greta Van Fleet @ Jacobs Pavilion in Cleveland, OH on 6/2/19. I paid $250 for each ticket + $75 convenience fee for each ($325 x 5 = 1,625.) I thought I was getting front row for the price. When I printed off the tickets, I was told it doesn't matter if the name and seat number don't match what you just purchased. When I got to the venue, we were told we had general admission seats and should have only paid $44.50 each. I should have checked the reviews before purchasing, because it looks like this kind of thing happens all the time. Expensive lesson learned!

Original review: June 4, 2019

I purchased two tickets for the Paul McCartney event in Arlington, TX on 12/13/2018. I received many emails from Vivid Seats, and have never purchased tickets from them before. The emails were to verify the sale and my email address etc. I made a folder on my laptop for all correspondence, uploaded their app to my cell phone and thought I had everything I needed to attend the event. I began to review the correspondence and realized I did not have the actual bar codes for the event.

On May 16th, I had a “Chat” conversation on line and explained I do not have the bar codes. The Customer Service Rep told me the tickets had been transferred, and I again explained I did not have them. I was instructed to forward to Vivid Seats a copy of all emails I had received and also I had checked my Ticketmaster account and no transfer had been made. They requested that copy also, which I obliged.

I began receiving emails that stated: "You tickets have been transferred, and we “will try to reach out to the Seller to have them transferred.”" In one of the phone conversations, I was told the Seller “tried to transfer the tickets, but had an issue”... However, Vivid Seats never let me know there were any issues and the tickets were not transferred! I was also told: “All sales are FINAL”... even though I had no tickets “We will try to contact the Seller and have the tickets transferred BUT, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THIS WILL HAPPEN.” “We have contacted the Seller but have no updates, you need to be patient... And IF WE HAVE A POSITIVE RESPONSE, WE WILL LET YOU KNOW!”

I couldn't understand how they accepted my money ($299.16) and could leave me hanging like this... They also said it was up to the Seller. (??) Then they tell me, if I am disappointed in the tickets I can go on line and find a company and resale them... when I don't even have the tickets! I received an email 05/25/19 from Vivid Seats that the tickets were transferred, after I told them on 05/22/2019, that I lost all faith they were going to provide me my tickets... and that I have already purchased new tickets to the event and already had the bar codes on my cell phone... The tickets were actually CANCELED and I have not received a new transfer. I have emailed Vivid Seats (several times) to refund my money that I will not accept anything now, but a refund. I finally disputed the charge on my credit card!

Original review: May 30, 2019

I DO NOT RECOMMEND. Purchased tickets for my daughter and her friend in August of 2018 for the concert in Buffalo on 6/1/2019. With Vivid Seats you do not get your tickets right away. They are a 2nd or 3rd party seller apparently. All this I now know all too well. Because I had not received the actual tickets and the concert was a few days away. I reached out to Vivid Seats asking when they would be delivered. I received an email stating, "The seller has indicated that these tickets will be available by: 5/30/2019." I am at a conference on the west coast and my child is on the east coast so I need time to create an account to get the mobile ticket and transfer this to her. The ticket is tied to your email used to buy the ticket and you have to create an account with the original seller, (which you are not told who that is).

On 5/30/19, the day I was supposed to get the tickets, I get a second email stating I should now expect I will get the ticket on 6/1/30, THE DAY OF THE CONCERT! This is really inconvenient. I am at a conference and then on a plane, and in a different time zone, and this is not what they stated would happen. I send an email to customer support that in turn advised I should Chat with them online about this issue. I open a chat conversation that is apparently run by a robot. I enter my information and am repeatedly receiving the same questions over and over, that they can't find my order. Even after I specifically ask, "Is there a person here or not", I receive a reply telling me my email or order number does not match, please reenter. I end the chat and start another. This is repeated experience!!! I then try to get an actual person by phone. Their automated phone tree also is difficult.

I finally get a person on the line. They proceed to tell me over and over the "system" generates dates for tickets getting sent and how I need to create an account, (a fact I know already), and that the date they say a ticket is going to be sent out is basically just a guess. This is of course very misleading as the statement above indicates differently. The first person I talk with also fails to get the customer service issues and spends more time trying to get info about the chat issue, repeatedly putting me on hold regarding the chat issue, rather than listening to why I am calling. When I ask to talk with his supervisor he originally tells me no one is available. I eventually get connected to "Rose", who, although a bit nicer, repeats the same song and dance, reexplains how I should open an account, as if that is the issue.

Also, although they would not confirm the source, they basically resold me "Ticketmaster" tickets and she advised me to open a Ticketmaster account and just be ready for them to come the day of. The original customer service support told me to give my kid my email and password so they could go into my email and set up the account! I explained how this was very misleading and that their only solution was a pull out my phone in the middle of a conference and create an account and that they are not responsible basically for what they say in their emails regarding dates of receiving tickets and can change it up as needed for them.

Clearly it would have been easier to order my tickets from the source even if a few bucks more. This took 2 hours of time when I did not have it to spare and way too much energy. Vivid Seats apparently does not have any control over when they are getting tickets, even though they give you dates in their emails and then their customer service is a joke. If you want your tickets in a timely manner and don't want to be mislead or loose it with a non functioning customer service system, then go elsewhere.

Original review: May 29, 2019

This was the biggest ripoff I have experienced from an app. I purchased tickets which were cancelled with no clarification or a reason why. Tried to contact customer service which was a prime example of a frustrating cycle of dead ends. Sales representatives were great but could not fix the problem the app created. I purchased tickets again for worse seats and double the price hours after they cancelled my original order. Service fee per ticket was $50, incredibly overpriced for horrible service.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I was trying to buy tickets for a game two weeks from now for my wife's birthday and when I clicked on "continue" it switched them to today's game. I didn't notice until I clicked on submit. I called them within 2 minutes and they said "sorry the money's been sent but they would give me a 30 dollar gift card for future purchases". What? You just took $182 from me 5 minutes ago and because there is an error with your website you're offering me 30 back? When I said I feel like calling the BBB or writing a bad review the representative said, "If you intend to do that then no $30 coupon!" I will never buy tickets from this site again. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I will never buy from Vivid Seats again! I was sent a promotion from them and fulfilled the requirements of said promotion down to the fine print only for them to try and shaft me. I spent 3 hours on the phone with them, 7 different agents only to be told that they would give me the courtesy and apply the promotion. They also asked me to not contact the Better Business Bureau. Garbage policy, garbage customer service, I’d suggest taking your business elsewhere.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I purchased 2 tickets to The Rolling Stones for 5/7/19 and the concert was canceled due to Mick’s surgery. It was rescheduled for 6/29 which falls in the middle of a planned vacation. I contacted Vivid and inquired about what they could do to help me sell the tickets. They said they could do nothing because they are E-tickets and they do not resell them. So I purchased tickets thru them, paid them a processing fee and was told that I would need to figure out a way to sell them myself. I never will do business with Vivid Seats again.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I ordered tickets for a concert that was cancelled due to weather. It was on Saturday May 18th. They rescheduled it for Sunday May 19th. I was not able to attend that day. I purchased insurance on tickets for this reason. I was told by Vivid Seats to contact insurance company. Insurance company told me I could not get a refund because the concert was rescheduled. Doesn't matter if I was able to attend on the rescheduled date. (I live 3 hours from the venue.) Vivid seats is definitely worse company I've ever done business with! They were not willing to do anything. Several friends bought tickets from other companies and was fully refunded.

Original review: May 18, 2019

This is the first review I ever left but I don't want this to happen to someone else. After completing my purchase I noticed my old address was associated with my account so I immediately called to have shipping address changed but they were closed so I sent to emails explaining they had the wrong address and followed up with a call when they opened. They told me it would be taken care of and sent me an email with correct shipping address, however still sent tickets to previous address. After a month of back and forth they told me there's nothing they can do and wouldn't refund my money. I did everything I could do to fix the error immediately and because someone on their end dropped the ball I'm screwed. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I was scammed by Vivid Seats. I ordered two seats to the Ferryman, and paid them $331.07 for two limited view seats with a list price of $89 each. I realized later that I could have ordered the seats directly from the theatre, and would have gotten much better seats at a fair price. Never again!!

Original review: May 15, 2019

I purchase five tickets from Vivid Seats for a concert in Boston. A few days later I received an email that the concert had been postponed until further notice. I Googled the star and read an article that the singer had actually canceled the concert - not postponed it - due to throat surgery. When I contacted the customer service she told me that I couldn't get my money back because the concert was postponed and not canceled. When I told her that the online newspaper were quoting the star himself canceling the concert, she told me it didn't matter.

When I asked her to speak to her superior she told me she was as far as it would go and that I couldn't speak to anybody else. I told her that I would report the company to the Attorney General and the News she told me "go right ahead, you clicked on an agreement on the website." Obviously Vivid Seats does not care about its reputation or its customers. I have reported them to the AG. Don't buy from this Company. If you have the same problems report them to the consumer affairs of the Attorney General.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Awful. They sold me a ticket and the night before the show told me the ticket did not exist. Did not even try to fix the issue and no way to file a complaint. I will never use them again. Terrible customer service as well - rude and unhelpful.

Vivid Seats Company Information