2. Travel
  3. Ticket Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.54/5

Vivid Seats is an online ticketing platform where consumers buy and sell theater, sports and concert tickets. Vivid Seats has a 100% Buyer Guarantee on all purchases from its platform that guarantees customers receive valid tickets and top-notch customer service.

Vivid Seats Reviews

Original review: May 19, 2020

I purchased a ticket for the Cincinnati Jazz Festival, the jazz festival is an event that is held every year. They will not refund my money for the cancellation as stated in their policy. Instead they are using the next event in 2021 (which will take place regardless, as it do every year) as a “postpone”. I purchased six tickets for two days for a total of almost $2000, I was told I cannot get my money back because the event was “postponed”. This is a scam! This is a annual event! There is no guarantee I will get a flight or hotel for next year. I am very disappointed in this company and will never buy from them again.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Bought tickets to RATM concert that was "rescheduled" because of pandemic. Here in Cali. There wont be any concerts until 2021 but Vivid Seats is still selling tickets like there will be. Finally the band decided to grant refunds for those who bought tickets to their show, but vivid isnt granting the refunds. Even though the band RATM says to on their website. I'm looking into the class action lawsuit.

Original review: May 15, 2020

My event was cancelled in March and I was sent an email on 3/13/2020 stating I would receive a full refund to my bank account within 2-4 weeks. Here we are 5/15/2020 and still no refund. No one is answering their chat service or phone lines. I waited on the phone for 6 hours yesterday and several hours so far today. I have bought from Vivid Seats many times, but never again.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I bought tickets to a concert months ago. I found out I couldn't make it later due to a scheduling conflict. They state on the website that you can put the tickets up for sale. This the norm practice for all ticket sellers- No problem, right? Well I tried and it was blocked due to the popularity of the venue and their loyalty to large resellers, not the average customer. They told me to post for sale somewhere else. Now due to the COVID-19- since the artist only postponed, I still can't get my money back despite the economical hardship we all are going through. No date in sight. It's sad that a few Artists hold out indefinitely and the ticket sellers do not do the right thing by us either. I don't know what my schedule will be like a year from now when someone finally decides what the hell they want to do. I don't even know if it will be safe to take my daughter anyway.

Bottom line - Vivid Seats is the worst ticket buying experience I ever had. They do not care about their average customers. Unfair relisting practices. They just shrug their shoulders during this pandemic when all of us need every dime we can get to survive through this. Even Ticketmaster is working on helping their customers. Just disgusted with all of this. Will never buy from them again...

Original review: May 14, 2020

Do not purchase tickets from Vivid Seats for any reason. My concert was rescheduled for a year later and it will now be during my honeymoon. Contacted them for a refund and they told me to simply resell the tickets.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: May 14, 2020

We purchased tickets to an event that was cancelled from COVID-19. Vivid seats compiled a lengthy email indicating that they would provide all customers with a 110% refund to their account on vivid seats. With the difficulties of teaching my children from home while also working from home, I missed the bottom few sentences that stated I had 7 days to request a full refund.

About a week and a half later when I attempted to get through to their customer service number, I waited for almost two hours when the line was disconnected. I ended up emailing in to the company. After four email exchanges I received an email from a woman at the company stating that I did not request my refund within 7 days so they are not responsible to refund my money. Being that most of the economy is currently laid off, I thought that this was a great response. Since Vivid Seats has clearly displayed its corporate greed during this time of great hardship for most, I do not recommend EVER using them!

Original review: May 12, 2020

Purchased 4 seats to a spring training Philly Vs Pirate game. This game was cancelled due to Covid 19. Requested a refund to my credit card and did that within the 72 hour time. I was notified by email that I would get credit in 2 to 4 weeks. 5 weeks later I was sent an email asking for the method of refund. I did not see this email. Besides I had already said credit my credit card and received a confirmation of that.

I called Vivid Seats on may 12. Was on hold 75 minutes only to be answered and then after complaining was disconnected. I then called back. Was on hold 45 minutes then voiced my complaint to “Ericka” who said, "Sorry can’t help you. No refund." I asked for a supervisor. Was put on hold and eventually again disconnected. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and will look to join a class action suit against this company for deceptive business practices.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Do NOT do business with Vivid.. They're crooks and have hands down the WORST customer service. Their 100% buyer guarantee is a lie. My event was canceled and I fought them for 2 months and then instead of refunding my money as I requested multiple times. They get me a credit and are refusing to give me my refund. I have spent numerous occasions on hold for over 2 hrs just for them to refuse my request of a refund. I have saved all correspondence with vivid and I have contacted legal counsel.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Vivid Seats is a horrible company! I bought me and my husband tickets to WWE Wrestlemania 36. It was suppose to be our anniversary date. Due to Covid-19 the WWE CANCELED. I received an email stating that as long as all I wanted back was my money I wouldn’t need to take any steps. I waited a month and still didn’t have my money back. I received a second email stating that there was nothing else needed to be done for a cash refund. I even bought the protection plan to ensure my refund.

Now today I call to find out what’s going on with my refund they have me hold for over 2 hours! I speak to 5 different people. I get to the customer service supervisor I explain to him my frustration. I tell him that all I want back is my refund. The money I spent trusting them, he begins to tell me that they can’t and that they’re only going to give me free merchandise. Are you kidding me!? So at this point I pull up their policy explain to him what it says and that I’m entitled to my refund. And he tells me well I’m not going against policy. I again inform him of the policy and he says oh well I haven’t been trained in it yet so I don’t know what to tell you. Then he offers me a 3rd party number I call it and it’s some traveling cruise number. These people are a joke and need to be sued for price gauging. For taking advantage of us the people. Especially during this pandemic I’m so disgusted with this company.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I purchased tickets and the tournament was canceled due to the Covid 19 pandemic. They will not issue a refund. They say I have 18 months to use the credit. It sounds like it will be a long time before college sports will be back.

Vivid Seats Company Information