1.25/5

305 Vivid Seats Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2019

BEWARE of vividseats.com. First of all, I purchased two tickets to the ACC Tournament Basketball Game at the Spectrum Center on March 15, 2019 to see the Duke/Carolina Game. The gentleman, Carlos, the seller at Vivid Seats stated during our conversation that we could pick up the two tickets at the Will Call at the Spectrum Center in Charlotte, North Carolina. When we arrived at the Spectrum Center at Will Call, there were approximately 20 people standing there on their phones. I knew immediately when I walked into the Spectrum Center that something was wrong because there was people screaming into their phones. They all were really, really angry. We asked the man at the Will Call Office for our tickets. He stated that Vivid Seats was selling tickets that weren't really there and that all of those people in the lobby had paid for tickets that Vivid Seats was not providing.

Shame on Vivid Seats for defrauding people and pretending to sell tickets to customers, taking their money from their credit cards, and not having the actual tickets. I asked specifically where to pick up the tickets during my conversation when purchasing the tickets. Carlos, the seller, stated that they would be at the Will Call at the Spectrum Center. Shame on you for deceiving people and stealing their money. I am in the process of disputing the charges on my credit card for this fraudulent charge on my credit card. I feel that the U.S. Attorney's Office should be investigating Vividseats.com.

I would strongly advise against anyone ever using Vividseats.com to purchase tickets. They are not a legitimate company to purchase tickets from. If I had looked at all of the numerous reviews of all of the people that they have sold tickets to that they didn't provide the tickets for, I would have never, ever bought our tickets from them. Shame on you for doing this kind of sketchy business in North Carolina. This company needs to be investigated for selling tickets that they don't actually have. SHAME, SHAME ON YOU... I will never use this company again to purchase tickets and will spread the word as much as possible so that no one else will be deceived.

Original review: March 14, 2019

We purchased concert tickets, we then couldn't attend the concert so we tried to sell them and it was the BIGGEST HASSLE EVER!! I was not able to transfer my tickets to anyone that didn't have a smartphone. When I asked the Representative (Michael) if something else could be done his response was "well, they'll just have to borrow a smartphone." Their fees are outrageous, their phone service is non-existent, if you need customer service you will need to get on their chat. I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN! I was not able to leave the "stars to rate" blank. This is why I gave them one star otherwise it would be blank.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I purchased tickets on 3/1/19 for a show in May. I hit the accept button and then saw the charges they charged for a 75.00 ticket = 248.00 + their fees. I called them right away to back out the sale. After chatting with 2 reps. They said no refunds - All sales final. Explained I didn't want the tickets. They refused. Then I saw all the complaints through various websites on how awful this merchant is. I worked in Risk for a Credit card processing Company for Merchants. A merchant like this would have been shut down immediately for kind of negativity.

I called Chase, Visa and e-consumer complaints to try and get a refund. No one will help. It took 3 days to post to my card when they could have simply back it out. So it is in dispute right now. $640.00 later. Whoever processes their credit cards should shut them down. I want my refund. I tried going to the merchant for recourse, but to no avail. Just add this complaint along with the thousand other consumer complaints.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I was shocked to see that I was charged $102 for 2 tickets advertised as $38. It's a big jump and it was unannounced so a total surprise. Not happy about it. After my complaint Vivid Seats said there are charges and fees amounting to $16 (steep for a ticket priced at $38 - delivery $5, for an electronic download, what delivery???). 42% markup is robbery. It's excessive. And they claimed it was visible before I paid. This is simply not true. Had it been communicated on the payment page I would not have closed the window and gone somewhere else.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I had purchased tickets as a gift and received a confirmation number. I then received an email from Vivid Seats and was informed by a customer service agent that the tickets were no longer available. No commensurate seats were available and I was not offered any discount on other seats to compensate for the very negative experience. Avoid this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: March 10, 2019

I bought two tickets to Michael Buble in Denver on July 13th. Each of my tickets cost $196, for a total of $392. I checked out, and VividSeats sent me an email showing that they charged my credit card $508.90. WITW!?? So I called Customer Service and was told that a $7.50 charge for Flash Seats delivery, and a $54/per ticket charge for a Vivid Seats "service fee" was added. Despite their claims, the fees were NEVER DISCLOSED anywhere on their website or during checkout. They claim that they're just "a marketplace connecting buyers and sellers." So no refunds. And all sales are final. Nobody could show me where ANY fees are disclosed in the checkout process. This is outright theft.

Original review: March 10, 2019

To start off I bought spring season tickets to a Cubs-White Sox game. Bought the tickets 30 minutes before the game had started. Well 20 minutes later I never got the tickets so I called in to Vivid Seats and the girl said she would give me an upgrade for the same price so I said why can I just have the seats that I bought. She said the seller had an issue. Who knows. This was the 2nd time this has happened in the last 3 months. I went ahead and took the tickets because I want to take my daughter to 8 Spring training baseball game which were a $100 seats for Spring training that's a very good seat.

Well we get to the game and get 2 or section go down to RC and there's a man sitting in section 113 row 11 seat 1. We had purchased seats won in to my looked at his phone he had the exact seat. I got the ballpark involved and they said, "Hey that looks like it's his seat at bottom of a website. Let's go ahead put you guys in a different section." Unfortunately it was a sell out game so me and my wife got moved to section 120 or 119. Think it was down the right field line seats. They were nowhere near as good as a seats that we had purchased but I didn't want to cause a problem in the ballpark so we took what we could. Around the 7th inning my wife wanted to leave because we were right in the sun and the seats that we purchased were in an area where there was no sun for the entire game because I did my homework.

I'm not a person that's gonna complain over a couple $100 tickets unless it was a truly bad experience. I don't care about the money aspect of it. It's the principle when they did their investigation for a week. They called me back and there was a girl named for Cassandra that was so rude. She was telling me that nobody was sitting in that seat and the sick tickets were not double sold. I asked her if I could talk to her manager she said she doesn't have a manager. She's the boss. It didn't sound real. I own a very big company and I know how companies are ran. She told me as callback in the customer service where I originally started a week ago and talk to them. I told her it's truly principle here I will have my legal team contact her tomorrow and I will press an issue over $200 just because of the principle that stay double sold my seats and this is the 3rd time I've had problems with this company buying tickets.

I know a lot of people I go to a lot of events and I will make sure I tell everybody not to buy tickets from this site. It literally ruin my Sunday the way this girl handle the situation. Calling me up not even asking me how I'm doing. Literally just telling me that there's nothing they're going to do about it. Wasting a good Sunday buying tickets off a site that is supposed to be trusted and didn't get the experience I was supposed to get. What a wasted time. I just know this much - Cassandra did not know how to handle this situation and they probably should of handle it much better.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Vivid Seats sold me concert tickets, come day of show I had no tickets to recall thru their friend Flash Seats. Flash Seats said the seller, who is someone Vivid Seats did business with, retracted the tickets. Vivid Seats wants to throw the blame but bottom line I paid on my end, they failed to produce the tickets or give me a refund. Giving them a 1 star rating is too good for them. They don't deserve any stars!

Original review: March 9, 2019

I bought tickets yesterday, the event starts in 2 hours and I still do not have tickets emailed. THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY. They do not sell tickets, they take your money then they look for tickets, you will never get your tickets. IT'S A SCAM.

Original review: March 7, 2019

On February 23rd I purchased 2 tickets via Vivid Seats. The credit card was promptly charged with a sizable fee. The confirmation for the March 8th performance read: "Your tickets are expected to be sent by 03/07/2019." I am writing this on March 7 @ 7 PM and do not have the tickets. Called them and was advised to wait until midnight. What kind of service is that? If you can't deliver as promised, don't 'wait' - communicate with customer instead of waiting till the last minute. Never will I use them again and don't advise others either.

Original review: March 5, 2019

After purchasing tickets online from Vivid Seats, the website stated that I would receive a confirmation via email followed by a separate email that would contain the tickets. The confirmation arrived as stated but continued to state that the tickets would not be forwarded until the day of the event which was three weeks away. This practice is completely misleading. They drafted my credit card for the full price of the tickets three weeks in advance and failed to provide the tickets via the email that was supposed to immediately follow the confirmation. I was forced to purchase additional tickets and was not able to use the ones provided at the much later date by Vivid Seats. I recommend purchasing tickets elsewhere.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I purchased tickets on two different occasions. Last week purchased 2 tickets and was charged $60.00 for a service fee. Which is insane! Then I purchased more tickets a week later and was not aware I was getting charged 157.00 for a service charge. It was after I purchased I realized how much the fee increased on my debit. When I called they said no credit could be given and they have the right to charge whatever fees they want. I called 2x and 2nd time I was given a credit of $79 towards new tickets. I will never purchase from them. Complete rip off!!!

Original review: March 3, 2019

I've purchased from Vivid Seats 5 times and I've never disappointed. Each event I purchased was sold out and Vivid would often be my last resort. 3 P!ATD concerts, 1 TOP concert, and 1 BTS concert. Each seat was in the right location, I received my tickets early except for Twenty One Pilots. I didn't receive an email for the tickets 'til the month of the show. They explained before the purchase that it was for security purposes, which it did bother me a bit. Another flaw is the fees. The fees definitely depend on what type of ticket you're after. BTS was one of the hottest events that I purchased and their fee was $100 for each ticket. Sounds ridiculous, which it really is. I remember P!ATD and TOP being around $50 which isn't far from Ticketmaster fees I believe. Overall, Vivid Seats has always given me a wonderful experience and a wonderful way to get tickets to sold out shows. As long as you're okay with the fees, you should be happy.

Original review: March 3, 2019

First and last time I will ever be affiliated with this company. I purchased a concert ticket for almost $270. I purchased the ticket nine months before the event. I was told the ticket would be delivered by one week before the event. I was sent what looked like a ticket. I show up at the venue, which took me 2 hours to drive to one way (four hours total drive time) just to be told what I was sent from Vivid was not a real ticket. Long story short, I never got into the show. I called Vivid while at the venue and tried to get the ticket and got no help. I called multiple times and was flat out lied to on multiple occasions. When I called them on their lies, they sheepishly admitted, but said there was nothing they could do. They kept saying they had proof the tickets were sent, but couldn't ever provide that proof (there was no proof). I started a dispute with my bank.

During the dispute, Vivid Seats actually charged my card a second time, for the exact same concert (even though the concert had already happened) and for the exact same amount as what I paid previously. I called Vivid to try to get a refund and to let them know I did not authorize that purchase. I was told they would not be able refund me. Now I am in a second dispute. I had to cancel my card just so they don't try to charge me again. WORST COMPANY EVER! I have a family reunion coming up. There was going to a girls night at a concert. The tickets were going to be purchased from Vivid Seats. This will no longer be happening through Vivid. I have told all of my family, friends and co-workers about this. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM AND WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY MORE MONEY FROM ME.

Original review: March 2, 2019

First time purchase and last time purchase. I purchased 2 tickets for BTS concert on May 4, 2019. Over $3,300.00 for them with Vivid Seats, their fees of around $700.00. I thought for them charging that fee I would have exceptional service. Normal fee is 10%, I was wrong! I found out AFTER CHECKOUT/PURCHASE that my tickets would not arrive till May 3, 2019, shipping date May 2, 2019, day before the concert, (two months after purchase). I contacted them and have had nothing but the runaround, they said, "The agreement states your tickets may not arrive till closer to the date."

They stated they may come quicker, they do not know, (unacceptable), they also said it's against policy to contact their seller? You Legally cannot sell something that you do not own, and the seller does not own these tickets as of the time of the sale, no matter what they state. A lot more was said but you get what has occurred. I've never had any ticket agency so deceptive in receiving tickets. You have to fully disclose purchase, even if you're a so called middleman that thinks they can wash their hands, I am disputing this charge and will go so much further if needed.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I purchased tickets on 1/27 for my wife birthday weekend in Vegas (weekend of 3/2). The order stated I will get my tickets by 3/1. I chatted with 2 customer service reps on 3/1 and both time they stated that they are still looking to get tickets from a broker service. In other words, they had over a month after charging my credit cards to find the tickets I purchased and are not successful doing so. They just give me the run around. Not to all, stay away from this subpar ticketing service. This is the first and last time I will use Vivid Seats.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Just letting other people know how Vivid Seats treated us after being a loyal customer and stole money from us. We purchased tickets few months ahead to the event and couldn’t attend. So we sold the same tickets on their website again, after some time they contacted us and told us that the person that bought the tickets was not able to enter the event. We sent all the proof all the emails from them that we received the tickets from them and sold back on their website, didn’t receive any response and after which they just charged us for $300. The tickets were only $180. So far no response, I would not recommend to deal with them, they have horrible customer service and they steal money from their customers!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I never write a bad review, so much so that this is my first time ever and keep in mind that there's bad service pretty much everywhere. However, this particular experience with Vivid Seats was the worst! I was trying to sell tickets with them and needed help finalizing the sale. I tried to contact them through chat, email and called them to try and understand the process and fix the problem I was having while selling the tickets. No one reply to my email/chat messages and in the end I was charged the amount I listed my ticket for. Stay away from this scam called Vivid Seats. What a shame!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Dec 2018... We tried to purchase tickets to IIHF hockey online from Vivid Seats... Didn't work. So we ended up buying the tickets from their customer service with the understanding that they were pdf and we could print them out. They emailed us the tickets and then we find out they are for a smartphone only. We don't have smartphones. Talked to customer service and they told us that we knew this before we bought them (wrong!). So they tell us they will send us pdf tickets. We get them and they are again smartphone tickets. We phone them back and they tell us to borrow a smartphone from somebody.

So in order to see the game and not lose our $350 we had someone go to the door of the stadium with us to use their smartphone to get us in with our tickets. BTW the service charges were almost as much as the tickets. On the Vivid website it states plainly that all tickets are 100% guaranteed. Obviously not true. Next time we will stay at home rather than use Vivid seats again. All they had to do was send us pdf tickets and they refused. Disgusting.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Purchased 4 tickets for a Phillies Spring training game. They offered redeemable insurance for any circumstances for $31.00. Stated that 900+ people have already purchased said insurance. When I was unable to attend the game I asked for my refund & was directed to contact Alliance Insurance Co. When I called Alliance they told me they had no record of the purchase. My credit card company sent me a confirmation of the insurance purchase. Vivid Seats acknowledged that the insurance purchase was valid, but refused to refund me the money. If I could give Vivid Seats & their customer service a zero I would.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Please go to the Venue and purchase your tickets. I had a bad experience with the tickets purchase from this Company. I paid $293.38 for tickets to see Tyler Perry Show. I wasn’t able to see the show because view obstruction from an overhead projector. Spoke with customer service. They said they had nothing to do with that. They just sell tickets. Some Customer Service. Buyer Beware... I was told they could not refund some of my money back. The only solution compensation credit of $59.00 for future tickets. Because they don’t make money off of the Tickets Third Party Vendor. I refused the credit. If you’re not aware of the Venue seating you should not be selling tickets.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

If I could give this company zero stars, I would. They charge just as much in fees as they do the price of the actual ticket, then claim you check a box acknowledging that tickets may be higher than market rate. DO NOT EVER BUY FROM THIS AGENCY. GO DIRECTLY TO THE SOURCE OR VENUE FOR THE TICKETS, INSTEAD. Companies like this only exist because of their predatory practices, including taking far too much money from their sellers and then price gauging buyers. I cannot believe these third-party ticket sellers are allowed to treat customers like this! What a complete sham. I tried to buy tickets to the Austin Rodeo and somehow this agency showed up as the first ticket vendor.

After purchasing, it didn't even occur to me that tickets might still be available from the vendor, Austin Rodeo. Sure enough, I looked after and saw the tickets were ~$150 for 4 instead of the $208 I paid through Vivid Seats. The individual prices were listed at $38/ticket, but the final cost was inflated dramatically simply from fees! Of course, they refuse to give a refund. I've left a review on the BBB, too. This site should be SHUT DOWN. What a criminal, disgusting enterprise.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Charged me for seats in a almost straight section for a concert and was even give an assigned area which looked great. When e-mailed the tickets I was sitting sideways in the arena. Called customer service after try to get someone live chatting for almost an hour and then finally got to supervisor who proceeded to tell me they are within their guidelines because the tickets can be comparable. So there is nothing they are willing to do.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I bought NBA tickets in August 2018 on Vivid Seats for a Feb. 2019 event. When I have bought resale tickets at other vendors before, the tickets are immediately transferred to my name and then 48 hours before, the tickets show up for mobile tickets. At Vivid Seats, you wait until 48 hours before for the owner to transfer them. It is now less than a day away and the owner has not transferred them. I have already called Vivid Seats twice. I think it is set up this way, so scalpers can try to sell their tickets on several sites and see which site they get the best money for the tickets!!! My tickets will probably never show as this is a high demand game. Vivid Seats claims if no show, I will get a refund after 2 hours before! What if I were traveling from out of town and now no tickets?! They have held my money for 6 months and now no tickets. Either Vivid Seats should be forced to change their delivery policy or they should be shut down. Stay away!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Made a last minute purchase, a little more than 48 hours prior to the event, with the tickets advertised as overnight delivery guaranteed to be delivered the day of the event. Needless to say that didn't happen. Contacted Vivid once I knew UPS was done delivering for the day (around 2pm) and the tracking number was coming up as "Unknown", but they wanted to give UPS every opportunity to arrive before cancelling my order or replacing my tickets. Fair enough, even though I know UPS in my area; they were never going to show. I was right, but making you wait until the last second so everything is rushed is part of the scam.

As we approached closer and closer to the show I Knew they wouldn't be able to replace my tickets because no tickets had been available for this event in a number of days, not on StubHub or even Vivid's own site; I'd bought one of the last pairs for sale anywhere. 0% chance of tickets available now 1 hour prior to showtime...as I said even Vivid's site had nothing for sale at that moment. Having said that, once they did finally agree that my original order was never going to arrive, rather than issue a refund they miraculously found tickets available to replace my original order and they were amazingly similar seats in a prime location! I knew this was BS but I knew if I didn't take it and try, they'd refuse my refund right then and there. Drove to the event, arriving moments before the lights dropped for the start of the show and sure enough, stopped at the gate; tickets fake.

I jumped through a bunch of hoops in the following weeks, re-telling the story to Vivid both verbally and via written statement. By some miracle they actually did offer me a refund AND a $200 credit for a future ticket purchase. Needless to say I will NEVER use that credit. They blatantly attempted to scam me and tried their darndest to catch me on a technicality to avoid giving a refund, but I'd done my research, I knew exactly their game and how to answer their questions. I felt like I got lucky as hell to get my refund; it's the exception and not the rule. Don't use this place, very shady once you've clicked purchase.

Ironically my original ticket order showed up via UPS 2 days after the show and were 100% legit tickets. The sender didn't drop them off at UPS 3 states away until 6pm the night before the show, which is more than 24 hours after the order had been placed and paid for. If he'd gone right out or even done it the next morning, I'd have gotten the overnight delivery I were promised and everything would have been fine.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I contacted customer service 24 hrs before the event as I still not received the tickets and was reassured I would receive them. I called a few hours before the event as I had not received them and they were closed! I am now fighting for a refund. TERRIBLE!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I will never go through this company again! Worst customer service I ever had. Tells you about anything on the phone, don't listen to you, do not understand what you are saying, because most of the agent are Spanish. We finally got our tickets the day of the game. Had to call numerous times to be able to solve the problem. Don't waste your time and energy!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I, like several other reviewers did not see any notice that I would be charged an additional charges above the ticket price that was posted. When I saw that my credit card was charged an additional 25 percent above the purchase price I immediately contacted vividseats.com and was told that I was shown the charges twice before confirming the purchase. I did not see the charges. They told me that it was against company policy to offer refunds. What a scam. I hope I get the tickets but I do not trust this outfit. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I purchased tickets from Vivid Seats on November 14th 2018 for the Michael Bublé concert on February 15th. As of today, 3 months from purchase, I still have not received the tickets. The site says the tickets may be delivered up until the day of the concert so I'm still hopeful that they will arrive in the next 24 hours. This is by far the worst ticket buying experience I've ever had. I will never use this company again.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I purchased tickets to Panic! At The Disco for February 4th at Allstate Arena in Illinois. They were paper tickets - awesome seats, and below ticket value! When we drove from out of state and arrived at the venue, we were told they were counterfeit... And that they see these tickets all the time. Apparently they will be going to all digital to try to cut down on the scams - but from what I’m reading here Vivid Seats will screw you ANY way they can. BUYER BEWARE.

Vivid Seats Company Information