3.8/5 (219 ratings)

About ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter is a website that helps job seekers to find open positions and lets hiring managers advertise and find quality candidates for their businesses. Job seekers can start an account, apply for jobs and manage their resume all from the website. Business accounts can search resumes, post listings and manage candidates. The company has multiple plan levels to fit different business sizes and needs. ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers.

Pros

• Large database of resumes
  • Free for job seekers
  • High number of job postings

Cons

• More expensive than competitors
  • Short trial period for businesses

Bottom Line

ZipRecruiter is a robust hiring tool for candidates and employers. It posts millions of jobs and maintains a database of resumes and salary insights. While its services are free for job seekers, businesses may see a higher cost.

ZipRecruiter jobs

ZipRecruiter is a useful resource for job seekers at every stage of their job search. If you’re simply browsing, you can search job postings in your area or view salary data to get insights into trends in your industry. Signing up is free, and you can apply for jobs in a single click once you build your profile and upload your resume.

After you apply for a position on ZipRecruiter, you receive updates on new messages, application views and other changes to your application status. There are millions of jobs posted on ZipRecruiter from businesses around the country, so it’s a good option for those who want to manage all their applications in one place.

ZipRecruiter for employers

Business owners and hiring managers use ZipRecruiter to increase the quality and quantity of the candidates they reach. The most useful plan for your business varies based on your company's size and the hiring features you’d like to use.

• Standard: This starting tier is designed for smaller companies that are operating on a budget. With the Standard plan, your job posting is posted to more than 100 job hunting sites, which gives you high visibility without a hefty price tag.
  • Premium: The Premium plan is ideal for companies with up to 5,000 employees. It offers the same services as the Standard plan as well as placement in job alert emails and access to a database of active resumes.
  • Enterprise: This option is suitable for very large companies with more than 5,000 employees. The Enterprise plan expands the reach of your job postings and utilizes data gathered from dedicated specialists to guide your hiring process. Enterprise businesses also have access to ZipRecruiter’s AI tool that reaches out to qualified candidates and eliminates those that aren’t right for the position.

Using ZipRecruiter as a business is very straightforward. After you submit the job posting, you’re matched with qualified candidates whom you can invite to apply for the position. You can try out the Standard and Premium plans for free for a few days to see if ZipRecruiter’s services are right for your company.

ZipRecruiter price

ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers, but businesses can sign up for a monthly plan that boosts their posting visibility, offers access to a resume database and includes other useful features. These plans start at $249 per month and vary in cost based on features and services.

ZipRecruiter FAQ

Is ZipRecruiter really free?
ZipRecruiter’s services are always free for job seekers. However, businesses pay a monthly membership fee to list jobs with ZipRecruiter.
How much does ZipRecruiter cost per month?
The cost of ZipRecruiter for businesses varies depending on your plan. The company offers plans starting at $249 per month.
Can anyone see my ZipRecruiter website?
The only people who can see your ZipRecruiter profile and resume are the hiring managers of the jobs you apply to.
How does ZipRecruiter get paid?
ZipRecruiter is paid by membership fees of the businesses who post jobs on their platform.

Is ZipRecruiter legit?

ZipRecruiter is a legitimate, well-established hiring resource with millions of jobs posted across the country. The service is a useful tool for job seekers and businesses. Its site is streamlined and easy to use, and it offers helpful alerts to keep your job search on track. ZipRecruiter’s services are free for job seekers and moderately priced for businesses — plans start at $249 per month. We recommend ZipRecruiter for those looking for work and companies that would like to speed up or improve their hiring processes.

ZipRecruiter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ZipRecruiter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ZipRecruiter?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Learned about this awesome website via the UFC. The ZipRecruiter website and initiative is very user friendly, refreshing in the language used in emails, has a very clean minimalist look and isn't too busy. Perfect. No complaints whatsoever. However; Please note that currently it is not possible for an ** applicant (like I, yours truly, proudly Kenyan) to complete registration as same is not available in the options of the drop down menus. Kindly include this as I truly believe that in the last 2 decades ** have narrowed the talent and capabilities gap between them and the rest of the world to a negligible level. Give us a chance to prove ourselves.

Best regards.

Pat

ZipRecruiter response

Hi, Patrick!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your ZipRecruiter feedback with us! We're so glad you're enjoying the platform. Stay tuned as we hope to expand to new markets in the future! If you ever need any further assistance or wish to provide additional feedback, please feel welcome to contact our dedicated customer care team directly at support@ziprecrutier.com.

As always, we wish you the very best of luck with your job search!

Kindly,
The Customer Experience Team

ZipRecruiter

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I have been a member of ZipRecruiter for some time and I am very pleased with their service. They constantly provide me with jobs possibilities so that I can consider many choices. Not all jobs are within my qualifications, but they have also provided me with jobs that I may never have considered or known about without the information on a job that I receive. I love the way I can click on a job prospect and ZipRecruiter follows thru with everything to ensure that my application is submitted with a resume - on file with ZipRecruiter in a timely manner.

ZipRecruiter ensures that my identity is secure and sends me emails that I must confirm to prove I am who I say I am, then and only then am I taken to the job information page so that I can view the job description and decide if I actually qualify or am interested in the job. I have signed up with several different job notification companies but ZipRecruiter is by far the best that I have found. I am very happy with them and continue to be a member. I recommend ZipRecruiter to anyone looking for a job

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Several years ago, not too long after ZipRecriter was launched, I started using their services for support of my Professional employment search. From the beginning, I found them to be Fresh and Inspiring making it easy for data input and found it more responsive from prospective employers than any other current job boards at the time. After experiencing this new brand, I became a Billboard for my friends, colleagues and family thereafter. Now years later after Semi-Retiring, I've decided to update my resume in hopes to secure a Remote Design/Drafting position with an Architectural, Engineering and/or Contractor firms. And I’m now looking forward to see what’s new with ZipRecruiter. I can only imagine they have got even better than the rest.

Original review: July 30, 2021

The last time I was unemployed and needing to find work, this site was fairly new (at least I think so; I hadn't heard of it). The site was easy to use and navigate. Once I set up my profile, the rest was simple. I'd type in keywords of the type of positions I was looking for and ZipRecruiter provided a list of available options in my area. I simply chose to submit my resume, or bypass the option. I was able to submit my resume/application to several different places a day. The bittersweet aspect was it became difficult to keep up with how many places I was submitting to, in the efforts of following up with my options later. A very positive negative, and one of the easiest job searching sites I've come across. I would highly recommend this site/app to anyone in need of a job/career.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Whether or not to utilize ZipRecruiter for your job search is a no-brainer. To me, their greatest feature is the 1-Click Apply. Once you've done the preliminary work to upload a current resume, ZipRecruiter begins your job search, matching skills reflected in your resume with those requested and/or required by their Client Company's job description(s). ZipRecruiter will then email several positions to the candidate from which to choose. And, too, if you are skilled for a position that you apply to, they inform you if a particular skill or skillset is not reflected in your resume. The legwork is done by ZipRecruiter, so do yourself a favor and allow them to work with you.

Original review: April 12, 2022

A complete waste of my time and money. Free trial as well. Be careful. This is a scam for trial your card on file will be charged. DO NOT PUT YOUR CARD INFORMATION DOWN. IT WILL BE CHARGED.. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM...

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

I was told that Zip Recruiter had hundreds of candidates in their database that would match my position by Darryl ** the rep that co texted me. It was a licensed Virginia State police safety inspector. We were looking for a mechanic who was also safety inspector licensed. Virginia requires that every vehicle that is registered and has license plates get a Virginia safety inspection. So this is a very common thing in the state. He told me there was hundreds of licensed safety inspectors in his database looking for employment in my immediate area. I explained to him in detail that we were a brand new business and that I did not have a lot of money for an ad. I just wanted to post one for a couple days to see how it went.

He aggressively tried to sell me on something more. Pretty much told me that it wouldn’t work at all unless I did the full month. That it needed time to build candidates. I reluctantly agreed after he promised to throw in a $60 upgrade. So he looked at the ad that I wrote and totally rewrote it. The next day I checked my account and guess what, I was not only charged the $400 for the month for one ad, I was also charged the $60 that was promised for free. After a couple emails this finally got credited back.

After about 10 days I did not get one candidate that was licensed. I don’t know what kind of algorithm they use or who is doing the matching, but this was a very specific job. The person had to be licensed by the Virginia state police as a vehicle safety inspector. They matched me with forklift drivers, general laborers, and waitresses. All the rest of the candidates had no information except a name. It was probably the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen.

After about two weeks somebody contacted me about why we weren’t getting any good candidates, and his first answer was it was because the ad was written wrong, lol! I guess he didn’t get the memo that they wrote the ad. Then he said it was because I needed to spend more money. I mean who would spend more money on something that was yielding zero results! He refused to cancel the membership at that time I had to pay for the entire month even though all of the promises they made were lies. I told him I wanted it to cancel as soon as the month ended.

Another week later another rep contacted me trying to sell me more product. I told him that I had already set it to cancel and this is the one thing that I am thankful for, was if he didn’t call then I would’ve been charged again for another month that I could never get back. Because they never put in the cancellation. After a few choice words it was finally canceled!

Do not believe them when they tell you they have multiple candidates in your field. I don’t know what field this works for but automotive is not one of them. Yes you will get applicants! But I would have better results standing in my front yard holding up a sign. None of these people were even close to being right for this position. I told him specifically from the very beginning that this person had to be licensed, why they were sending me random waitresses and laborers I have no idea. That would be fine if it was even a license that could be gotten easily, but it is not. This is a position where you need to be licensed prior to being hired.

Maybe if you have thousands and thousands of dollars to spend on one employee this will work for you but if you’re a small business don’t even try it. I yielded better results from Craigslist. One $25 Craigslist ad got me 10 applicants, three of which were actually licensed, one of which I hired. This has been the worst waste of money. If you just feel like you want to get rid of 500 but should be better to use it as toilet paper.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

I may as well have set my $ on fire. What a HUGE WASTE. The dude helping me talks me into the extra (not free trial) because he said it would get me pushed to the top of the board and I would get better matches for my job, which I really need people! So I bite. A week later I am getting crap! My job was in construction, a builder w/ experience REQUIRED, and what I got from this “we match the top, qualified candidates to employers, so it says in their radio ads” I got pizza deliver people apply w/ 0 experience! Wtf? Seriously! Now all of the sudden dude that helped me… MIA… Worst service ever!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

The salesperson, Alfred **, tried to high pressure sell me on my first call with ZipRecruiter, which should have been an indication for me to not do business with them. However the following week I reluctantly agreed and that was a huge mistake. I got zero qualified candidates despite being promised a huge number of candidates and there was absolutely zero follow up or customer support. This company is not about helping business owners find qualified applicants but rather they are all about taking your hard earned money. I signed up for a month and within a couple of weeks I wanted to terminate their service or should I say lack thereof and I wanted a refund, but of course I was told by a rude customer service rep that that ain’t happening. Typical poor customer experience all the way around.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

After placing an ad on ZipRecruiter I was contacted by a salesman that offered a next level service that included curated resumes from people who didn't want to answer help wanted ads and who instead were relying on ZipRecruiter to connect them with qualified employers. The salesman showed me a website that listed 10 candidates that he said met all the requirements of our initial ad and were in the same town as my business as well as additional people in surrounding towns.

The resumes we received were not from our industry as promised, not in our town and had limited skills from related industries. The salesman was supposed to call in a week to make sure we were satisfied. He never did. His parting comment from our original conversation is he wouldn't want me to write a bad review if he didn't deliver on his promises, so he was going to make sure that he did. The service was supposed to be a trial, so I assumed it would be 30 days. ZipRecruiter continued to charge my credit card after the trial ended.

The first mistake I made was believing the salesman. The second was hoping the resumes they were sending would get better. The third was not realizing the original help wanted ad had an automatic renewal and when the salesman switched me to the new service the auto renewal applied. It should have switched back to the less expensive help wanted ad if I didn't renew the upgraded service or at least someone should have contacted me to see if I wanted to continue the service.

By not paying attention ZipRecruiter charged my credit card for the initial $1720.25 upgrade as well as 2 additional months at $2093.06 each. When I emailed the salesman someone else answered and customer service refunded the charge they had just made. When I asked about the first 2 charges and explained I didn't receive what I was promised there was no response. Because I didn't catch it earlier Visa said it was on me to monitor and cancel the ZipRecruiter service if I wasn't satisfied.

Beyond the salesman lying about the candidates he had to offer, ZipRecruiter relies on you getting busy and not monitoring renewal dates and then hiding behind the auto renewal rules in their contract that are then backed up by Visa. ZipRecruiter does not send an email notifying you they are renewing your contract for another month or an email acknowledging they have charged your credit card. Most subscription companies with auto renewing policies do. Well maybe just the reputable ones. I'll never place an ad with ZipRecruiter again, but others will, and many will make the same mistakes I did. I hope you're not one of them.

ZipRecruiter Company Information