2. Job Search Sites

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.73/5

ZipRecruiter is a website that helps job seekers to find open positions and lets hiring managers advertise and find quality candidates for their businesses. Job seekers can start an account, apply for jobs and manage their resume all from the website. Business accounts can search resumes, post listings and manage candidates. The company has multiple plan levels to fit different business sizes and needs. ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers.

BOTTOM LINE

ZipRecruiter is a robust hiring tool for candidates and employers. It posts millions of jobs and maintains a database of resumes and salary insights. While its services are free for job seekers, businesses may see a higher cost.

PROS

• Large database of resumes
  • Free for job seekers
  • High number of job postings

CONS

• More expensive than competitors
  • Short trial period for businesses
ZipRecruiter Learn More

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

ZipRecruiter jobs

ZipRecruiter is a useful resource for job seekers at every stage of their job search. If you’re simply browsing, you can search job postings in your area or view salary data to get insights into trends in your industry. Signing up is free, and you can apply for jobs in a single click once you build your profile and upload your resume.

After you apply for a position on ZipRecruiter, you receive updates on new messages, application views and other changes to your application status. There are millions of jobs posted on ZipRecruiter from businesses around the country, so it’s a good option for those who want to manage all their applications in one place.

ZipRecruiter for employers

Business owners and hiring managers use ZipRecruiter to increase the quality and quantity of the candidates they reach. The most useful plan for your business varies based on your company's size and the hiring features you’d like to use.

• Standard: This starting tier is designed for smaller companies that are operating on a budget. With the Standard plan, your job posting is posted to more than 100 job hunting sites, which gives you high visibility without a hefty price tag.
  • Premium: The Premium plan is ideal for companies with up to 5,000 employees. It offers the same services as the Standard plan as well as placement in job alert emails and access to a database of active resumes.
  • Enterprise: This option is suitable for very large companies with more than 5,000 employees. The Enterprise plan expands the reach of your job postings and utilizes data gathered from dedicated specialists to guide your hiring process. Enterprise businesses also have access to ZipRecruiter’s AI tool that reaches out to qualified candidates and eliminates those that aren’t right for the position.

Using ZipRecruiter as a business is very straightforward. After you submit the job posting, you’re matched with qualified candidates whom you can invite to apply for the position. You can try out the Standard and Premium plans for free for a few days to see if ZipRecruiter’s services are right for your company.

ZipRecruiter price

ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers, but businesses can sign up for a monthly plan that boosts their posting visibility, offers access to a resume database and includes other useful features. These plans start at $249 per month and vary in cost based on features and services.

ZipRecruiter FAQ

Is ZipRecruiter really free?
ZipRecruiter’s services are always free for job seekers. However, businesses pay a monthly membership fee to list jobs with ZipRecruiter.
How much does ZipRecruiter cost per month?
The cost of ZipRecruiter for businesses varies depending on your plan. The company offers plans starting at $249 per month.
Can anyone see my ZipRecruiter website?
The only people who can see your ZipRecruiter profile and resume are the hiring managers of the jobs you apply to.
How does ZipRecruiter get paid?
ZipRecruiter is paid by membership fees of the businesses who post jobs on their platform.

Is ZipRecruiter legit?

ZipRecruiter is a legitimate, well-established hiring resource with millions of jobs posted across the country. The service is a useful tool for job seekers and businesses. Its site is streamlined and easy to use, and it offers helpful alerts to keep your job search on track. ZipRecruiter’s services are free for job seekers and moderately priced for businesses — plans start at $249 per month. We recommend ZipRecruiter for those looking for work and companies that would like to speed up or improve their hiring processes.

ZipRecruiter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ZipRecruiter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ZipRecruiter?

Original review: June 25, 2020

I have used Ziprecruiter To obtain two different jobs and it also worked for my unemployment. They send me emails on all available jobs near me that pay well. You register online, you download your resume to them and it’s smooth sailing after that. They don’t bug you. You never have to communicate with them via phone and they don’t ask you 1 million questions. You just sign up, download your resume and they send the emails.

Original review: June 24, 2020

ZipRecruiter is great! They have a lot of jobs to offer and I appreciate the "check in--did you get a job yet?" as well as sending you a list of the jobs you have put in for. The only concern I have is sometimes a job listing would disappear once I clicked on the icon or I would receive an error message. This doesn't happen a lot but it happens enough to cause a concern, in my opinion. Not sure if it is on ZipRecruiter's end or the company looking to hire. However, ZipRecruiter should check for these errors more.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Ziprecruiter allows you to gain much more information as a job seeker by providing feedback like thumbs up from companies which may indicate you will be chosen for an interview. Many companies never respond to you and ziprecuiter allows the job seeker to know when their resume was reviewed by the companies.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I like this ZipRecruiter job search but the thing is is that you get so many emails. They keep sending me things for nursing jobs and I've never been a nurse and I hate the thought of being a nurse because it's gross to me. I wish they would stick with more of like what I'm headed for because they send me so many random things. The email seeing personal so I have tried to reply to one of them and it's just a computer response so I mean it's kind of weird but it's better than no communication and it gives me a lot of job options. The only thing is is I have to apply through them I can't just apply to the company so that part's a little weird and they have a lot of random ones that they send me the same thing over and over again. I'm not sure if those are really real or not because there's a lot of repetitive ones that I get that I've been getting this whole last year.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I receive a great variety of jobs to my email. I can set the search to specific keywords I choose. You can also choose the mile radius from home you prefer to work in. Only downside for me, has been that sometimes they send full time leads when you need part time. Still more user friendly than other sites I have used.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

For my business I Set up a paid job listing for my area. I began receiving job applications from out of state nowhere near my area. I canceled the job listing immediately. I was then charged over $500 at the end of the second month as if it were never canceled. Without getting one single job application for my area. When I called customer service I was denied a refund of any kind.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

As soon as I tried ZipRecruiter, I have been getting NONSTOP robot texts from "companies". I blocked at least 17 of them. They have my phone number now and have been sending me robotic texts about "jobs" at 2am, 3am, and 11pm. This is ridiculous-don't waste your time with these guys. This is an un-monitored site and use your info for phishing and spamming. Use Indeed instead.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

ZipRecruiter makes it claim “ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace that leverages Artificial Intelligence (AI)-powered smart matching technology to actively connect millions of employers and job seekers. We have over 700 employees in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Israel. Our headquarters is located in Santa Monica, California.”

I, like many others turned to ZipRecruiter for Employment. I created an account and filled out the online Resume along with the profile information with the expectations of applying to my prospects directly from ZipRecruiter as you would in their competitor's Website like Indeed etc... The next step I took is the same logical step anyone else would have and that is to search for Employment... I click on the link to view the Employer’s listing generated by ZipRecruiter’s smart AI program...

I was matched up as described by ZipRecruiter but...their smart AI only redirects you to ANOTHER Employment Agency like Indeed, CareerBuilder, and others the majority of the time. They have a One-Click apply button but it seems to appear on only few listings. So, is it necessary to fill out a Resume with ZipRecruiter or use it at all? Consider this, every time you’re redirected to a ZipRecruiter competitor’s employment listing on the competitor's website you will have to create another account, fill out ANOTHER resume, and search again for Employment. Is this worth your time? A smart consumer would use this only to generate leads and fill out your application on at the Employer Career Website.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I signed up for a legit job posting for $30 at which I gave them my credit card info. The invoice described the job posting as “no plans”. Then unbeknownst to me, Ziprecruiter was charging my credit card $500 every 3 weeks. When I complained, they said I clicked a tick box (with very small fonts) that I apparently agreed to a free trial period and $24/day subscription. I do not recall doing this. I also got the invoice via email for the first legit transaction and all of the five $500 invoices, I never got an invoice. I was also not informed that any trial period was over. I also did not get any viable leads.

Worse, I was just informed by Ziprecruiter that I allegedly signed up for another subscription on 11/1/2020. That was the day I found out about the charges and logged in to STOP the posting. I was very careful and diligent and purposeful to STOP the posting and very intentional not to agree to anything else. And for some reason, their website picks up that I signed up for another subscription? It’s outright fraud. Do yourself a favor. Stay away from them. Not to be trusted at all.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Our company used Zip Recruiter to fill an open position. We only received 9 applicants none of which were not qualified. Unknowingly billed for $16 per day and was refused a partial refund despite the very low performance. Generated 10 times the amount of applicants with Indeed for free. Would not use again.

ZipRecruiter Company Information