2. Job Search Sites

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.45/5

ZipRecruiter is a website that helps job seekers to find open positions and lets hiring managers advertise and find quality candidates for their businesses. Job seekers can start an account, apply for jobs and manage their resume all from the website. Business accounts can search resumes, post listings and manage candidates. The company has multiple plan levels to fit different business sizes and needs. ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers.

BOTTOM LINE

ZipRecruiter is a robust hiring tool for candidates and employers. It posts millions of jobs and maintains a database of resumes and salary insights. While its services are free for job seekers, businesses may see a higher cost.

PROS
  • Large database of resumes
  • Free for job seekers
  • High number of job postings
CONS
  • More expensive than competitors
  • Short trial period for businesses
ZipRecruiter Learn More

ZipRecruiter jobs

ZipRecruiter is a useful resource for job seekers at every stage of their job search. If you’re simply browsing, you can search job postings in your area or view salary data to get insights into trends in your industry. Signing up is free, and you can apply for jobs in a single click once you build your profile and upload your resume.

After you apply for a position on ZipRecruiter, you receive updates on new messages, application views and other changes to your application status. There are millions of jobs posted on ZipRecruiter from businesses around the country, so it’s a good option for those who want to manage all their applications in one place.

ZipRecruiter for employers

Business owners and hiring managers use ZipRecruiter to increase the quality and quantity of the candidates they reach. The most useful plan for your business varies based on your company's size and the hiring features you’d like to use.

• Standard: This starting tier is designed for smaller companies that are operating on a budget. With the Standard plan, your job posting is posted to more than 100 job hunting sites, which gives you high visibility without a hefty price tag.
  • Premium: The Premium plan is ideal for companies with up to 5,000 employees. It offers the same services as the Standard plan as well as placement in job alert emails and access to a database of active resumes.
  • Enterprise: This option is suitable for very large companies with more than 5,000 employees. The Enterprise plan expands the reach of your job postings and utilizes data gathered from dedicated specialists to guide your hiring process. Enterprise businesses also have access to ZipRecruiter’s AI tool that reaches out to qualified candidates and eliminates those that aren’t right for the position.

Using ZipRecruiter as a business is very straightforward. After you submit the job posting, you’re matched with qualified candidates whom you can invite to apply for the position. You can try out the Standard and Premium plans for free for a few days to see if ZipRecruiter’s services are right for your company.

ZipRecruiter price

ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers, but businesses can sign up for a monthly plan that boosts their posting visibility, offers access to a resume database and includes other useful features. These plans start at $249 per month and vary in cost based on features and services.

ZipRecruiter FAQ

Is ZipRecruiter really free?
ZipRecruiter’s services are always free for job seekers. However, businesses pay a monthly membership fee to list jobs with ZipRecruiter.
How much does ZipRecruiter cost per month?
The cost of ZipRecruiter for businesses varies depending on your plan. The company offers plans starting at $249 per month.
Can anyone see my ZipRecruiter website?
The only people who can see your ZipRecruiter profile and resume are the hiring managers of the jobs you apply to.
How does ZipRecruiter get paid?
ZipRecruiter is paid by membership fees of the businesses who post jobs on their platform.

Is ZipRecruiter legit?

ZipRecruiter is a legitimate, well-established hiring resource with millions of jobs posted across the country. The service is a useful tool for job seekers and businesses. Its site is streamlined and easy to use, and it offers helpful alerts to keep your job search on track. ZipRecruiter’s services are free for job seekers and moderately priced for businesses — plans start at $249 per month. We recommend ZipRecruiter for those looking for work and companies that would like to speed up or improve their hiring processes.

ZipRecruiter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ZipRecruiter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ZipRecruiter?

Original review: April 12, 2021

The field is crowded. Countless providers publish lists of jobs selected for me based on my background and listed job interests. (I have an MBA, 20+ years of experience and am looking for a senior level opportunity in Finance) However, the quality of the lists are generally poor. Consider the following: Supplier 1- Identified 42 jobs selected just for me; 30 of which are either drivers, warehouse workers or telephone banks. 5 jobs are in the medical field. (No love there) and an array of lists promising numerous unnamed opportunities paying from $12 to $50 per hour. Those are all worthwhile jobs, but not what I am looking for nor jobs for which I am qualified.

Supplier 2. Promises jobs quickly based on my search criteria. Results, over 20 jobs in trucking, maintenance and warehousing. All fine opportunities, but a waste of time for an aging financial analyst. Although they do claim to have a job with Tesla... Supplier 3 Claims to have positions "curated" just for me. Claims to have 5,000 financial jobs. But before you see them, you must "register" giving your name address phone number and e-mail. The lists are a dubious and not remotely on point. However, my Junk Mail and Phone solicitations rise exponentially... Oh, so that is the game.

I could describe a number of other suppliers just like the list above, But all I really need is Zip Recruiter. How are they different? Selection of opportunities which closely reflect my search. Quick process to apply. Feedback when the employer looks at your resume Additional feedback if the employer looks at your resume more than once. Advises you when the search is closed. Develops a short, but high quality list of alternatives. I feel like they are on my team. It is easy to waste time during you job search. Stay focused. Work with your search partner. Zip Recruiter. Best regards to all and keep your head up. The perfect job is waiting for you.

Don

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2021

My experience has been a brief one, and I have not yet received any offers for interviews, though so far it seems very efficient and user friendly. I think many people are skeptical of job websites because if you're not actually sending an email yourself most of the time. The one click application process takes much of this stress away, if only because you can apply for jobs at a much higher rate.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I have used Ziprecruiter To obtain two different jobs and it also worked for my unemployment. They send me emails on all available jobs near me that pay well. You register online, you download your resume to them and it’s smooth sailing after that. They don’t bug you. You never have to communicate with them via phone and they don’t ask you 1 million questions. You just sign up, download your resume and they send the emails.

Original review: June 24, 2020

ZipRecruiter is great! They have a lot of jobs to offer and I appreciate the "check in--did you get a job yet?" as well as sending you a list of the jobs you have put in for. The only concern I have is sometimes a job listing would disappear once I clicked on the icon or I would receive an error message. This doesn't happen a lot but it happens enough to cause a concern, in my opinion. Not sure if it is on ZipRecruiter's end or the company looking to hire. However, ZipRecruiter should check for these errors more.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I like this ZipRecruiter job search but the thing is is that you get so many emails. They keep sending me things for nursing jobs and I've never been a nurse and I hate the thought of being a nurse because it's gross to me. I wish they would stick with more of like what I'm headed for because they send me so many random things. The email seeing personal so I have tried to reply to one of them and it's just a computer response so I mean it's kind of weird but it's better than no communication and it gives me a lot of job options. The only thing is is I have to apply through them I can't just apply to the company so that part's a little weird and they have a lot of random ones that they send me the same thing over and over again. I'm not sure if those are really real or not because there's a lot of repetitive ones that I get that I've been getting this whole last year.

Original review: April 15, 2021

ZipRecruiter is an awesome business with a quick and easy concept when applying to jobs. I like how you can apply for several positions all at once, and register for your selected jobs. I will continue to use their service when looking for work.

Original review: April 13, 2021

My Experience with this app has been trying at times, but when you figure out how to use it to its full potential it's a great tool. I found that if you see a position that you're very interested in go to their website and fill out the application. I found I received more responses that way and I could follow up with the potential employer.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I have utilized Zip Recruiter as a job seeker and a job poster. This site is so easy to use and has proven to me that the software is effective. Major time saver and great support staff if ever you have any issues.

Original review: April 8, 2021

ZipRecruiter has done nothing for me. Nothing. It is filled with bots. The company's robotic inaccuracy and poor communication are terrible. If you want to find a job on ZipRecruiter, it's like trying to find a needle in a zillion haystacks.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I have had and been close to hire many times off this platform. It is a great tool for people looking for work. Unfortunately in international it’s difficult but the opportunities are there. Thank you.

ZipRecruiter Company Information