Learn More

2. Job Search Sites

4.0/5 (97 ratings)

About ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter is a website that helps job seekers to find open positions and lets hiring managers advertise and find quality candidates for their businesses. Job seekers can start an account, apply for jobs and manage their resume all from the website. Business accounts can search resumes, post listings and manage candidates. The company has multiple plan levels to fit different business sizes and needs. ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers.

Pros

• Large database of resumes
  • Free for job seekers
  • High number of job postings

Cons

• More expensive than competitors
  • Short trial period for businesses

Bottom Line

ZipRecruiter is a robust hiring tool for candidates and employers. It posts millions of jobs and maintains a database of resumes and salary insights. While its services are free for job seekers, businesses may see a higher cost.

ZipRecruiter jobs

ZipRecruiter is a useful resource for job seekers at every stage of their job search. If you’re simply browsing, you can search job postings in your area or view salary data to get insights into trends in your industry. Signing up is free, and you can apply for jobs in a single click once you build your profile and upload your resume.

After you apply for a position on ZipRecruiter, you receive updates on new messages, application views and other changes to your application status. There are millions of jobs posted on ZipRecruiter from businesses around the country, so it’s a good option for those who want to manage all their applications in one place.

ZipRecruiter for employers

Business owners and hiring managers use ZipRecruiter to increase the quality and quantity of the candidates they reach. The most useful plan for your business varies based on your company's size and the hiring features you’d like to use.

• Standard: This starting tier is designed for smaller companies that are operating on a budget. With the Standard plan, your job posting is posted to more than 100 job hunting sites, which gives you high visibility without a hefty price tag.
  • Premium: The Premium plan is ideal for companies with up to 5,000 employees. It offers the same services as the Standard plan as well as placement in job alert emails and access to a database of active resumes.
  • Enterprise: This option is suitable for very large companies with more than 5,000 employees. The Enterprise plan expands the reach of your job postings and utilizes data gathered from dedicated specialists to guide your hiring process. Enterprise businesses also have access to ZipRecruiter’s AI tool that reaches out to qualified candidates and eliminates those that aren’t right for the position.

Using ZipRecruiter as a business is very straightforward. After you submit the job posting, you’re matched with qualified candidates whom you can invite to apply for the position. You can try out the Standard and Premium plans for free for a few days to see if ZipRecruiter’s services are right for your company.

ZipRecruiter price

ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers, but businesses can sign up for a monthly plan that boosts their posting visibility, offers access to a resume database and includes other useful features. These plans start at $249 per month and vary in cost based on features and services.

ZipRecruiter FAQ

Is ZipRecruiter really free?
ZipRecruiter’s services are always free for job seekers. However, businesses pay a monthly membership fee to list jobs with ZipRecruiter.
How much does ZipRecruiter cost per month?
The cost of ZipRecruiter for businesses varies depending on your plan. The company offers plans starting at $249 per month.
Can anyone see my ZipRecruiter website?
The only people who can see your ZipRecruiter profile and resume are the hiring managers of the jobs you apply to.
How does ZipRecruiter get paid?
ZipRecruiter is paid by membership fees of the businesses who post jobs on their platform.

Is ZipRecruiter legit?

ZipRecruiter is a legitimate, well-established hiring resource with millions of jobs posted across the country. The service is a useful tool for job seekers and businesses. Its site is streamlined and easy to use, and it offers helpful alerts to keep your job search on track. ZipRecruiter’s services are free for job seekers and moderately priced for businesses — plans start at $249 per month. We recommend ZipRecruiter for those looking for work and companies that would like to speed up or improve their hiring processes.

ZipRecruiter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ZipRecruiter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ZipRecruiter?

Original review: July 15, 2021

I like ZipRecruiter because unlike any other company you get updates on when employers look at your resume and how many times they look at your resume. ZipRecruiter has a great assistant to navigate you thru the waters. I am very happy with the service, and it beats any of the other recruiting companies out there. And I used them all as a freelancer when I do look for work.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2021

I love that ZipRecruiter has created an excellent platform, with a wide array of jobs that are relevant to my skill level, which I can apply. Their customer reviews on particular companies also go a long way in giving me an introspect into what I can expect from my ideal employer. Certainly recommendable for any newbies looking to turn a new leaf in their job search. A 5-star for me.

Original review: April 12, 2021

The field is crowded. Countless providers publish lists of jobs selected for me based on my background and listed job interests. (I have an MBA, 20+ years of experience and am looking for a senior level opportunity in Finance) However, the quality of the lists are generally poor. Consider the following: Supplier 1- Identified 42 jobs selected just for me; 30 of which are either drivers, warehouse workers or telephone banks. 5 jobs are in the medical field. (No love there) and an array of lists promising numerous unnamed opportunities paying from $12 to $50 per hour. Those are all worthwhile jobs, but not what I am looking for nor jobs for which I am qualified.

Supplier 2. Promises jobs quickly based on my search criteria. Results, over 20 jobs in trucking, maintenance and warehousing. All fine opportunities, but a waste of time for an aging financial analyst. Although they do claim to have a job with Tesla... Supplier 3 Claims to have positions "curated" just for me. Claims to have 5,000 financial jobs. But before you see them, you must "register" giving your name address phone number and e-mail. The lists are a dubious and not remotely on point. However, my Junk Mail and Phone solicitations rise exponentially... Oh, so that is the game.

I could describe a number of other suppliers just like the list above, But all I really need is Zip Recruiter. How are they different? Selection of opportunities which closely reflect my search. Quick process to apply. Feedback when the employer looks at your resume Additional feedback if the employer looks at your resume more than once. Advises you when the search is closed. Develops a short, but high quality list of alternatives. I feel like they are on my team. It is easy to waste time during you job search. Stay focused. Work with your search partner. Zip Recruiter. Best regards to all and keep your head up. The perfect job is waiting for you.

Don

Original review: March 28, 2021

My experience has been a brief one, and I have not yet received any offers for interviews, though so far it seems very efficient and user friendly. I think many people are skeptical of job websites because if you're not actually sending an email yourself most of the time. The one click application process takes much of this stress away, if only because you can apply for jobs at a much higher rate.

Original review: March 28, 2021

My experience with ZipRecruiter has been productive. The jobs I list are the jobs they send; they are timely, relevant, share the employer name and the purpose behind their mission is executed well. The best feature -- and I am calling it a "feature," at this point -- is ZipRecruiter does not send one down a rabbit hole to apply for a job. Thank you. I really appreciate the assist and follow-up!!

Original review: July 21, 2021

I am a new to this platform. It was easy to navigate the system to apply for the job I selected. However, when I agreed to submit this review I lost the recommended jobs provided by this platform. This may be an area to review for future users.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Having worked abroad for nearly half my 45 year career, I have professional associates and personal friends in many countries and industries. It is a convenient way to maintain friendships and keep up with developments/progress in different industries and countries.

Original review: July 17, 2021

Very pleased with the efficiency of how Zip Recruiter works to find you employment. Also they find jobs that fit your character and they go over and beyond until they accomplish what you want in as far as having a career. Thank you Zip Recruiter.

Original review: July 16, 2021

ZipRecruiter is a great Job Board Website. I previously had landed me a job by applying for jobs on their website. Easy to apply and great daily updates on status of my applications. Honestly, I hate filling out applications, it's a lot of digging for old information that gets to me. Anyway, I very much recommend ZipRecruiter and I give them a 5-Star rating.

Original review: July 16, 2021

ZipRecruiter has been a very good experience for me. The process of contacting me on available job offers was excellent. The process for hire has been very simple on the computer. I would recommend ZipRecruiter to my friends. I personally feel that that this platform for employment is effective.

ZipRecruiter Company Information