3.5/5 (175 ratings)

About ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter is a website that helps job seekers to find open positions and lets hiring managers advertise and find quality candidates for their businesses. Job seekers can start an account, apply for jobs and manage their resume all from the website. Business accounts can search resumes, post listings and manage candidates. The company has multiple plan levels to fit different business sizes and needs. ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers.

Pros

• Large database of resumes
  • Free for job seekers
  • High number of job postings

Cons

• More expensive than competitors
  • Short trial period for businesses

Bottom Line

ZipRecruiter is a robust hiring tool for candidates and employers. It posts millions of jobs and maintains a database of resumes and salary insights. While its services are free for job seekers, businesses may see a higher cost.

ZipRecruiter jobs

ZipRecruiter is a useful resource for job seekers at every stage of their job search. If you’re simply browsing, you can search job postings in your area or view salary data to get insights into trends in your industry. Signing up is free, and you can apply for jobs in a single click once you build your profile and upload your resume.

After you apply for a position on ZipRecruiter, you receive updates on new messages, application views and other changes to your application status. There are millions of jobs posted on ZipRecruiter from businesses around the country, so it’s a good option for those who want to manage all their applications in one place.

ZipRecruiter for employers

Business owners and hiring managers use ZipRecruiter to increase the quality and quantity of the candidates they reach. The most useful plan for your business varies based on your company's size and the hiring features you’d like to use.

• Standard: This starting tier is designed for smaller companies that are operating on a budget. With the Standard plan, your job posting is posted to more than 100 job hunting sites, which gives you high visibility without a hefty price tag.
  • Premium: The Premium plan is ideal for companies with up to 5,000 employees. It offers the same services as the Standard plan as well as placement in job alert emails and access to a database of active resumes.
  • Enterprise: This option is suitable for very large companies with more than 5,000 employees. The Enterprise plan expands the reach of your job postings and utilizes data gathered from dedicated specialists to guide your hiring process. Enterprise businesses also have access to ZipRecruiter’s AI tool that reaches out to qualified candidates and eliminates those that aren’t right for the position.

Using ZipRecruiter as a business is very straightforward. After you submit the job posting, you’re matched with qualified candidates whom you can invite to apply for the position. You can try out the Standard and Premium plans for free for a few days to see if ZipRecruiter’s services are right for your company.

ZipRecruiter price

ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers, but businesses can sign up for a monthly plan that boosts their posting visibility, offers access to a resume database and includes other useful features. These plans start at $249 per month and vary in cost based on features and services.

ZipRecruiter FAQ

Is ZipRecruiter really free?
ZipRecruiter’s services are always free for job seekers. However, businesses pay a monthly membership fee to list jobs with ZipRecruiter.
How much does ZipRecruiter cost per month?
The cost of ZipRecruiter for businesses varies depending on your plan. The company offers plans starting at $249 per month.
Can anyone see my ZipRecruiter website?
The only people who can see your ZipRecruiter profile and resume are the hiring managers of the jobs you apply to.
How does ZipRecruiter get paid?
ZipRecruiter is paid by membership fees of the businesses who post jobs on their platform.

Is ZipRecruiter legit?

ZipRecruiter is a legitimate, well-established hiring resource with millions of jobs posted across the country. The service is a useful tool for job seekers and businesses. Its site is streamlined and easy to use, and it offers helpful alerts to keep your job search on track. ZipRecruiter’s services are free for job seekers and moderately priced for businesses — plans start at $249 per month. We recommend ZipRecruiter for those looking for work and companies that would like to speed up or improve their hiring processes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ZipRecruiter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ZipRecruiter?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Zip Recruiter sends me qualified job posts and listings on a regular basis. I would recommend Zip Recruiter to anyone interested in looking for a job, or simply staying informed about what is happening in the job market of their choice and/or profession. They even offer a "Quick Reply" option for job seekers to apply easily and efficiently from your computer without the need to constantly upload your resume! I highly recommend Zip Recruiter from my own personal and professional experience!

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I have been using ZR for a month or so now and while I haven't accepted a position, I like how it passively pushes job opportunities to me and improves over time based on opening that I delve into as well as feedback I provide on email digests that they send to me. I would highly recommend adding ZR to your job search tool kit.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Learned about this awesome website via the UFC. The ZipRecruiter website and initiative is very user friendly, refreshing in the language used in emails, has a very clean minimalist look and isn't too busy. Perfect. No complaints whatsoever. However; Please note that currently it is not possible for an ** applicant (like I, yours truly, proudly Kenyan) to complete registration as same is not available in the options of the drop down menus. Kindly include this as I truly believe that in the last 2 decades ** have narrowed the talent and capabilities gap between them and the rest of the world to a negligible level. Give us a chance to prove ourselves.

Best regards.

Pat

ZipRecruiter response

Hi, Patrick!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your ZipRecruiter feedback with us! We're so glad you're enjoying the platform. Stay tuned as we hope to expand to new markets in the future! If you ever need any further assistance or wish to provide additional feedback, please feel welcome to contact our dedicated customer care team directly at support@ziprecrutier.com.

As always, we wish you the very best of luck with your job search!

Kindly,
    The Customer Experience Team

ZipRecruiter

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

ZipRecruiter is absolutely the best website for professionals seeking new opportunities. They hold all your information in your profile, and use that info to help sort through the thousands and thousands of job listings; finding jobs to apply to is a breeze. And often, applying is a single click. This is a great platform that every job seeker should be using.

ZipRecruiter response

We greatly appreciate your feedback and 5-star rating! Thank you for sharing your great review with the community and us. ~Dee

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I have been a member of ZipRecruiter for some time and I am very pleased with their service. They constantly provide me with jobs possibilities so that I can consider many choices. Not all jobs are within my qualifications, but they have also provided me with jobs that I may never have considered or known about without the information on a job that I receive. I love the way I can click on a job prospect and ZipRecruiter follows thru with everything to ensure that my application is submitted with a resume - on file with ZipRecruiter in a timely manner.

ZipRecruiter ensures that my identity is secure and sends me emails that I must confirm to prove I am who I say I am, then and only then am I taken to the job information page so that I can view the job description and decide if I actually qualify or am interested in the job. I have signed up with several different job notification companies but ZipRecruiter is by far the best that I have found. I am very happy with them and continue to be a member. I recommend ZipRecruiter to anyone looking for a job

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I returned to the ZipRecruit platform looking for new work after about a 2 year hiatus. I logged in and updated my profile and attempted to apply for a job. I received an error, however, that my current email needed to be updated to proceed. Not sure why, I changed it to a backup with the intention of reverting it back to the original email (I didn't want potential employer messages sent to my backup). Although when I tried to switch it back, the platform sent me an error message that my professional email was invalid, even though I had just signed in with it.

I reached out to their support department and they were dismissive of my claims, telling me that I needed to reset my browser's cache and cookies and that's all that could be done. I wasn't very happy with being brushed off and made another request, this time having my ticket reviewed by the internal team. After a few days, I was told that my problem could not be resolved and that I would have to live with using my backup email, despite their platform forcing me to change it. So now my resumé and my cover letters direct communication to my professional email, but ZipRecruiter points to a janky backup email. I'm not inclined to use the Zip Recruit platform now because it will supply my backup email for communications which is not where I field new work opportunities. Not happy that my profile was forced to be incorrect.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I posted a job as an employer seeking candidates. They encourage you and lead you to believe by boosting the ad you will get more candidates! They provided no actual service. They are misleading and deceiving. Customer service is nonexistent! Horrible experience in every way. Taking advantage of small businesses by offering a service they can’t always provide. Read the reviews! Over 800.00 spent and NO candidates!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

We were promised a trial period they did not honor. Then told the monthly fee was $249 if we did not cancel. We canceled after 15 days because we did not get the response we expected. We were billed $336 for 15 days!!!! Run from this dishonest company, you cannot trust them.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

A company this big and successful should not be sending hard copy mailings to people who don't want them. I gave my info to their company once and then didn't use them and I get constant hard copy mailings. They have zero concern for the environment. I don't do business with companies that do this.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

I had signed up for a free trial and then never got around to using the service because it got too busy at my place of work...I had no idea that when the free trial ended that they were going to charge me 24 dollars a day...when I found out through my bank account that they had charged me $504 dollars for 26 days of their service which when I logged in to see what I was being charged for was only 15 impressions not even 15 resumes sent to my job listing...when I explained to their customer service that I had no idea they were charging me 24 dollars a day they said sorry and told me I was liable...

I will never use ZipRecruiter ever again. Matter of fact I've never used them because they are charging me for a service I never used I had only thought I had signed up for a free trial...BEWARE!! This service is not worth the money and definitely do not sign up for a free trial because it is not free!!! This company does not care about its customers and the customer service would have to be zero stars!

ZipRecruiter Company Information