Learn More

2. Job Search Sites

4.2/5 (177 ratings)

About ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter is a website that helps job seekers to find open positions and lets hiring managers advertise and find quality candidates for their businesses. Job seekers can start an account, apply for jobs and manage their resume all from the website. Business accounts can search resumes, post listings and manage candidates. The company has multiple plan levels to fit different business sizes and needs. ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers.

Pros

• Large database of resumes
  • Free for job seekers
  • High number of job postings

Cons

• More expensive than competitors
  • Short trial period for businesses

Bottom Line

ZipRecruiter is a robust hiring tool for candidates and employers. It posts millions of jobs and maintains a database of resumes and salary insights. While its services are free for job seekers, businesses may see a higher cost.

ZipRecruiter jobs

ZipRecruiter is a useful resource for job seekers at every stage of their job search. If you’re simply browsing, you can search job postings in your area or view salary data to get insights into trends in your industry. Signing up is free, and you can apply for jobs in a single click once you build your profile and upload your resume.

After you apply for a position on ZipRecruiter, you receive updates on new messages, application views and other changes to your application status. There are millions of jobs posted on ZipRecruiter from businesses around the country, so it’s a good option for those who want to manage all their applications in one place.

ZipRecruiter for employers

Business owners and hiring managers use ZipRecruiter to increase the quality and quantity of the candidates they reach. The most useful plan for your business varies based on your company's size and the hiring features you’d like to use.

• Standard: This starting tier is designed for smaller companies that are operating on a budget. With the Standard plan, your job posting is posted to more than 100 job hunting sites, which gives you high visibility without a hefty price tag.
  • Premium: The Premium plan is ideal for companies with up to 5,000 employees. It offers the same services as the Standard plan as well as placement in job alert emails and access to a database of active resumes.
  • Enterprise: This option is suitable for very large companies with more than 5,000 employees. The Enterprise plan expands the reach of your job postings and utilizes data gathered from dedicated specialists to guide your hiring process. Enterprise businesses also have access to ZipRecruiter’s AI tool that reaches out to qualified candidates and eliminates those that aren’t right for the position.

Using ZipRecruiter as a business is very straightforward. After you submit the job posting, you’re matched with qualified candidates whom you can invite to apply for the position. You can try out the Standard and Premium plans for free for a few days to see if ZipRecruiter’s services are right for your company.

ZipRecruiter price

ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers, but businesses can sign up for a monthly plan that boosts their posting visibility, offers access to a resume database and includes other useful features. These plans start at $249 per month and vary in cost based on features and services.

ZipRecruiter FAQ

Is ZipRecruiter really free?
ZipRecruiter’s services are always free for job seekers. However, businesses pay a monthly membership fee to list jobs with ZipRecruiter.
How much does ZipRecruiter cost per month?
The cost of ZipRecruiter for businesses varies depending on your plan. The company offers plans starting at $249 per month.
Can anyone see my ZipRecruiter website?
The only people who can see your ZipRecruiter profile and resume are the hiring managers of the jobs you apply to.
How does ZipRecruiter get paid?
ZipRecruiter is paid by membership fees of the businesses who post jobs on their platform.

Is ZipRecruiter legit?

ZipRecruiter is a legitimate, well-established hiring resource with millions of jobs posted across the country. The service is a useful tool for job seekers and businesses. Its site is streamlined and easy to use, and it offers helpful alerts to keep your job search on track. ZipRecruiter’s services are free for job seekers and moderately priced for businesses — plans start at $249 per month. We recommend ZipRecruiter for those looking for work and companies that would like to speed up or improve their hiring processes.

ZipRecruiter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ZipRecruiter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ZipRecruiter?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I have been a member of ZipRecruiter for some time and I am very pleased with their service. They constantly provide me with jobs possibilities so that I can consider many choices. Not all jobs are within my qualifications, but they have also provided me with jobs that I may never have considered or known about without the information on a job that I receive. I love the way I can click on a job prospect and ZipRecruiter follows thru with everything to ensure that my application is submitted with a resume - on file with ZipRecruiter in a timely manner.

ZipRecruiter ensures that my identity is secure and sends me emails that I must confirm to prove I am who I say I am, then and only then am I taken to the job information page so that I can view the job description and decide if I actually qualify or am interested in the job. I have signed up with several different job notification companies but ZipRecruiter is by far the best that I have found. I am very happy with them and continue to be a member. I recommend ZipRecruiter to anyone looking for a job

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Several years ago, not too long after ZipRecriter was launched, I started using their services for support of my Professional employment search. From the beginning, I found them to be Fresh and Inspiring making it easy for data input and found it more responsive from prospective employers than any other current job boards at the time. After experiencing this new brand, I became a Billboard for my friends, colleagues and family thereafter. Now years later after Semi-Retiring, I've decided to update my resume in hopes to secure a Remote Design/Drafting position with an Architectural, Engineering and/or Contractor firms. And I’m now looking forward to see what’s new with ZipRecruiter. I can only imagine they have got even better than the rest.

Original review: July 30, 2021

The last time I was unemployed and needing to find work, this site was fairly new (at least I think so; I hadn't heard of it). The site was easy to use and navigate. Once I set up my profile, the rest was simple. I'd type in keywords of the type of positions I was looking for and ZipRecruiter provided a list of available options in my area. I simply chose to submit my resume, or bypass the option. I was able to submit my resume/application to several different places a day. The bittersweet aspect was it became difficult to keep up with how many places I was submitting to, in the efforts of following up with my options later. A very positive negative, and one of the easiest job searching sites I've come across. I would highly recommend this site/app to anyone in need of a job/career.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Whether or not to utilize ZipRecruiter for your job search is a no-brainer. To me, their greatest feature is the 1-Click Apply. Once you've done the preliminary work to upload a current resume, ZipRecruiter begins your job search, matching skills reflected in your resume with those requested and/or required by their Client Company's job description(s). ZipRecruiter will then email several positions to the candidate from which to choose. And, too, if you are skilled for a position that you apply to, they inform you if a particular skill or skillset is not reflected in your resume. The legwork is done by ZipRecruiter, so do yourself a favor and allow them to work with you.

Original review: April 12, 2021

The field is crowded. Countless providers publish lists of jobs selected for me based on my background and listed job interests. (I have an MBA, 20+ years of experience and am looking for a senior level opportunity in Finance) However, the quality of the lists are generally poor. Consider the following: Supplier 1- Identified 42 jobs selected just for me; 30 of which are either drivers, warehouse workers or telephone banks. 5 jobs are in the medical field. (No love there) and an array of lists promising numerous unnamed opportunities paying from $12 to $50 per hour. Those are all worthwhile jobs, but not what I am looking for nor jobs for which I am qualified.

Supplier 2. Promises jobs quickly based on my search criteria. Results, over 20 jobs in trucking, maintenance and warehousing. All fine opportunities, but a waste of time for an aging financial analyst. Although they do claim to have a job with Tesla... Supplier 3 Claims to have positions "curated" just for me. Claims to have 5,000 financial jobs. But before you see them, you must "register" giving your name address phone number and e-mail. The lists are a dubious and not remotely on point. However, my Junk Mail and Phone solicitations rise exponentially... Oh, so that is the game.

I could describe a number of other suppliers just like the list above, But all I really need is Zip Recruiter. How are they different? Selection of opportunities which closely reflect my search. Quick process to apply. Feedback when the employer looks at your resume Additional feedback if the employer looks at your resume more than once. Advises you when the search is closed. Develops a short, but high quality list of alternatives. I feel like they are on my team. It is easy to waste time during you job search. Stay focused. Work with your search partner. Zip Recruiter. Best regards to all and keep your head up. The perfect job is waiting for you.

Don

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Negative stars. This is a scam agency. They have a "free" trial to try it for free and instructions on how to cancel within a certain time. My invoice should have been $64.00, but they said that I never cancelled online and charged $512.00. No one, not one single candidate with any qualifications applied or was suggested by the app. I called to resolve and this scam is good... they say that you didn't cancel... you have no proof... the web page says that your jobs are cancelled but they keep charging. If I hadn't have gotten an email telling me a new candidate applied, it would still be charging us. I don't think this is a mistake, this is intentional and they know exactly what to tell you when you call. But the answer is you lose.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

The best platform for the jobseeker. Most easy and transparent process. I strongly refer this platform to all job seekers in the world. I have joined this amazing platform and my experience is very very positive. In short Awesome.

ZipRecruiter response

We greatly appreciate your feedback and recommendation! Thank you for sharing, Manwarhusen. ~Dee

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I open the job post. It was easy to follow through and complete the questions asked. It was very self explanatory and to the point. It asked some general questions that I feel are necessary and pertains to if you meet the minimum qualifications.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

ZipRecruiter is absolutely the best website for professionals seeking new opportunities. They hold all your information in your profile, and use that info to help sort through the thousands and thousands of job listings; finding jobs to apply to is a breeze. And often, applying is a single click. This is a great platform that every job seeker should be using.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Zip Recruiter has a user friendly platform that's easy to navigate. I am currently on a job hunt to supplement my income as a teacher. ZR plugged me into credible, reputable employers with little effort.

ZipRecruiter Company Information