2. Job Search Sites

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.89/5

ZipRecruiter is a website that helps job seekers to find open positions and lets hiring managers advertise and find quality candidates for their businesses. Job seekers can start an account, apply for jobs and manage their resume all from the website. Business accounts can search resumes, post listings and manage candidates. The company has multiple plan levels to fit different business sizes and needs. ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers.

BOTTOM LINE

ZipRecruiter is a robust hiring tool for candidates and employers. It posts millions of jobs and maintains a database of resumes and salary insights. While its services are free for job seekers, businesses may see a higher cost.

PROS

• Large database of resumes
  • Free for job seekers
  • High number of job postings

CONS

• More expensive than competitors
  • Short trial period for businesses
ZipRecruiter Learn More

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

ZipRecruiter jobs

ZipRecruiter is a useful resource for job seekers at every stage of their job search. If you’re simply browsing, you can search job postings in your area or view salary data to get insights into trends in your industry. Signing up is free, and you can apply for jobs in a single click once you build your profile and upload your resume.

After you apply for a position on ZipRecruiter, you receive updates on new messages, application views and other changes to your application status. There are millions of jobs posted on ZipRecruiter from businesses around the country, so it’s a good option for those who want to manage all their applications in one place.

ZipRecruiter for employers

Business owners and hiring managers use ZipRecruiter to increase the quality and quantity of the candidates they reach. The most useful plan for your business varies based on your company's size and the hiring features you’d like to use.

• Standard: This starting tier is designed for smaller companies that are operating on a budget. With the Standard plan, your job posting is posted to more than 100 job hunting sites, which gives you high visibility without a hefty price tag.
  • Premium: The Premium plan is ideal for companies with up to 5,000 employees. It offers the same services as the Standard plan as well as placement in job alert emails and access to a database of active resumes.
  • Enterprise: This option is suitable for very large companies with more than 5,000 employees. The Enterprise plan expands the reach of your job postings and utilizes data gathered from dedicated specialists to guide your hiring process. Enterprise businesses also have access to ZipRecruiter’s AI tool that reaches out to qualified candidates and eliminates those that aren’t right for the position.

Using ZipRecruiter as a business is very straightforward. After you submit the job posting, you’re matched with qualified candidates whom you can invite to apply for the position. You can try out the Standard and Premium plans for free for a few days to see if ZipRecruiter’s services are right for your company.

ZipRecruiter price

ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers, but businesses can sign up for a monthly plan that boosts their posting visibility, offers access to a resume database and includes other useful features. These plans start at $249 per month and vary in cost based on features and services.

ZipRecruiter FAQ

Is ZipRecruiter really free?
ZipRecruiter’s services are always free for job seekers. However, businesses pay a monthly membership fee to list jobs with ZipRecruiter.
How much does ZipRecruiter cost per month?
The cost of ZipRecruiter for businesses varies depending on your plan. The company offers plans starting at $249 per month.
Can anyone see my ZipRecruiter website?
The only people who can see your ZipRecruiter profile and resume are the hiring managers of the jobs you apply to.
How does ZipRecruiter get paid?
ZipRecruiter is paid by membership fees of the businesses who post jobs on their platform.

Is ZipRecruiter legit?

ZipRecruiter is a legitimate, well-established hiring resource with millions of jobs posted across the country. The service is a useful tool for job seekers and businesses. Its site is streamlined and easy to use, and it offers helpful alerts to keep your job search on track. ZipRecruiter’s services are free for job seekers and moderately priced for businesses — plans start at $249 per month. We recommend ZipRecruiter for those looking for work and companies that would like to speed up or improve their hiring processes.

ZipRecruiter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ZipRecruiter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ZipRecruiter?

Original review: June 25, 2020

I have used Ziprecruiter To obtain two different jobs and it also worked for my unemployment. They send me emails on all available jobs near me that pay well. You register online, you download your resume to them and it’s smooth sailing after that. They don’t bug you. You never have to communicate with them via phone and they don’t ask you 1 million questions. You just sign up, download your resume and they send the emails.

Original review: June 24, 2020

ZipRecruiter is great! They have a lot of jobs to offer and I appreciate the "check in--did you get a job yet?" as well as sending you a list of the jobs you have put in for. The only concern I have is sometimes a job listing would disappear once I clicked on the icon or I would receive an error message. This doesn't happen a lot but it happens enough to cause a concern, in my opinion. Not sure if it is on ZipRecruiter's end or the company looking to hire. However, ZipRecruiter should check for these errors more.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Ziprecruiter allows you to gain much more information as a job seeker by providing feedback like thumbs up from companies which may indicate you will be chosen for an interview. Many companies never respond to you and ziprecuiter allows the job seeker to know when their resume was reviewed by the companies.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I like this ZipRecruiter job search but the thing is is that you get so many emails. They keep sending me things for nursing jobs and I've never been a nurse and I hate the thought of being a nurse because it's gross to me. I wish they would stick with more of like what I'm headed for because they send me so many random things. The email seeing personal so I have tried to reply to one of them and it's just a computer response so I mean it's kind of weird but it's better than no communication and it gives me a lot of job options. The only thing is is I have to apply through them I can't just apply to the company so that part's a little weird and they have a lot of random ones that they send me the same thing over and over again. I'm not sure if those are really real or not because there's a lot of repetitive ones that I get that I've been getting this whole last year.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I receive a great variety of jobs to my email. I can set the search to specific keywords I choose. You can also choose the mile radius from home you prefer to work in. Only downside for me, has been that sometimes they send full time leads when you need part time. Still more user friendly than other sites I have used.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I see this fake company on LinkedIn all the time. They post fake ads with the same description for other titles in other companies, in other cities. They make you jump through hoops setting up your resume and profile, only to have nothing happen. I assume they are selling people's data. They have no logo, no address, no contact. Stay away from this scam.

Original review: June 26, 2020

The site is okay I suppose. It sends you to a lot of different sites instead of strictly staying on their own. Some of those sites are not legit. I had a couple of “job offers” listing themselves as being from a Zip Recruiter job listing that were not legit. I do wish they would send more diversified and updated daily job listings. If you accidentally click on a job then that’s all you get in the daily listings. I replied to an email they sent telling them I’m not interested in an OTR driving job but I get tons of notices for it anyways.

Original review: June 20, 2020

The job searches are not accurate. If you're searching for employment in the medical field. You'll get all jobs in the medical field. I'm a medical assistant and medical receptionist. I'm also a nursing student. Well I was sent jobs for Physician or nurse. I'm CLEARLY not qualified. They pulled from key words on my resume. I tried to tweak it for better results, but that was useless.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Very accurate descriptions of the jobs they post. Site makes it easy to up-load your resumes, & data. The site is easy to navigate to use their features. Good site to find a good job. They post new jobs everyday, and they up-date their site everyday.

ZipRecruiter Company Information