Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
3.19/5

Primerica

Primerica, Inc. (Primerica) is a Main Street Company for Main Street North America. Our mission is to help families earn income and become properly protected, debt free and financially independent. We are a leading distributor of financial products to middle-income households in the United States and Canada. Primerica provides an entrepreneurial business opportunity for individuals to become licensed and distribute our financial products.

Through our network of independents contractor agents, Primerica representatives assist clients in meeting their needs for term life insurance, mutual funds, annuities and other financial products that are tailored to appeal to middle income consumers. We are dedicated to helping our clients and representatives achieve their financial goals and welcome the opportunity to address and resolve all consumer questions and concerns. For more information on contacting Primerica directly, please visit the Contact Us page of our website at www.primerica.com.

View More View More

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Primerica Reviews

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

From secretly recording your 'in person' conversations with them, to their shady recruitment and business practices, Primerica screams scam from miles away. Just search around for all the available reports of people complaining that their life insurance rates skyrocketed, sometimes tripling, after reaching a certain age. The whole plastic happy cult feeling of their conventions is just the cherry on top. If you want a legit business opportunity, or want to buy decently priced life insurance or invest into mutual funds, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

Resolution response: Aug. 27, 2019

It was taking care of/\.

Original review: July 24, 2019

So my experience with an employee/salesperson was horrible. How do you get upset with me because I decline to purchase insurance after doing my research. Her name is Terrica ** from Memphis, TN. Beware. She will cuss you and is also very aggressive. You been warned.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I began doing business with Primerica about 15 years ago. My premium was $38.39 for 15 years which was a $240K policy for myself and a $10K rider for my child. My premium is scheduled to go up to $92.65 this month and I notice on a scheduler that I received in the mail last week that the older I get the cost to maintain this policy will be almost as much as a Social Security check if Social Security still exist in 20 years. I'm getting out before it is too late. I'm searching for a new carrier. I actually found one that was almost $40 cheaper per month and would provide $100K more for me for the next 20 years with a locked in rate. It is so sad that people take advantage of people when they are in need.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 23, 2019

I have had a $150,000 policy for many many years paying for it faithfully even though I didn’t have contact with an agent of any kind. Now I get a "review" at 67 years old that will take the premium to over 400% making it unaffordable. They plan this so we pay in for years and years then bang the rates to an affordable rate so we have to cancel after it's too late in life. We as a group of consumers should ban together and class action sue to stop this extremely unfair practice.

Original review: June 19, 2019

My husband has had Primerica life insurance for approximately 30 years. He has just turned 66 and we our recent yearly bill went from $749.00 to $2,543.67. The company said it is our 10 year renewal and our rates have tripled. We have paid faithfully all these years and no one in the company ever told us our rates would triple and become unaffordable in our later years when we were counting on this money. Do not get term life insurance with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Primerica?

Original review: June 8, 2019

A friend of mine was approached at the Dollar Store and asked if him or anyone needed a job in an office. He was with both of his kids and probably wasn’t thinking about how shady that sounded. He asked me if I want a job in an office I told him where and he proceeds to explain to me about this woman who offered him this job at the store and I tell him that sounded kinda shady and told him to block her number. A few months pass by and I’m in need of a job and he reminds me about this “office job” so I tell him to go ahead and let her know and I’ll check it out to see if it’s legit. She called me immediately and asks to come in for an interview that same day. I walk in expecting an interview and felt more like I was walking into a cult recruitment. I was suspicious but stayed anyway being that I drove 30 minutes to be there.

The whole time everyone is so uppity and happy and exciting sharing their stories of success and giving a real convincing speech. As soon as I found out we were being “hired” to sell life insurance I immediately thought it was a scam but decided to stay through the 2 hour long “ interview”. They gave rewards and we even watched an incredibly corny “Your dreams can come true with PRIMERICA!” Video..... After it all I was so confused I asked her, "So what am I actually going to be doing?" She said selling insurance etc etc. She said they train me for a month after I get certified by sending in the application and paying the fee.....I told her that’s not what I thought this was but kept an opened mind and started filling out the application as a leap of faith.

As I’m about to sign I ask her if there’s a fee and only after I ask she says, "Yes there’s a 100 and something dollar fee."....and asked me to write down names of some people I think might be interested in life insurance etc. I asked her if they were going to call whoever I put and she said, "No we don’t call anyone." So I proceeded on writing my dad's information. I tell her I’m gonna think about it because it’s just kind of weird to me and I’m unsure of the whole situation and also didn’t want to pay 100 something for something I wasn’t even sure about. The next day she texts me that it was a pleasure meeting me and sends me like 20 links of “verified sources” to research Primerica and said she looked forward to seeing me at the next meeting that same day.

I didn’t respond and a few days later I get a call from another agent saying she’s calling because she values the agent's time and wants me to get things going. I tell her I’m not interested and she keeps trying to persuade me and ask me why not being extremely persistent and annoying. A few minutes later my dad calls me asking me why some lady calls him telling him I put his name as a referral for life insurance. I call her back and ask her to leave us alone and also ask the Dollar Store agent to leave us alone and told her that she was shady and dishonest and she responds with “Sorry I don’t know who this is.” I’ve heard of pyramid scheme companies but I’ve never had this experience before.

Being in that room listening to their presentation was so unreal and yes I realize I sound like a moron staying there and even filling out the application. I was ignorant and naive and wasn’t thinking clearly and I regret ever answering that phone call. Please beware of these shady people and also be aware that they recruit their agents from stores by walking up to random people and misleading them with job offers.... Such a horrible experience and I hope to never hear from these people again.

Original review: June 4, 2019

SCAMMERS, PLEASE STAY AWAY from PRIMERICA, my son apply for a job and they said they will train him so we accept to talk to the mentor and she was trying to sell us a life insurance and didn’t let talked my son. Gladly we didn’t buy them anything, but they charged my son to his credit card $99, another one of $25 and we called to our bank and made a claim about the amount charged to my son and the bank teller said are a lot of people doing claims from PRIMERICA, be careful because they will steal your money, SCAMMERS.

Original review: April 25, 2019

With 130,000 agents and over 7 million clients, there are bound to be a few "bad apples" and unsatisfied clients. Please take that into consideration when you're looking at 300 reviews when the company brings on roughly 35,000 new clients a month. This site is an echo chamber of a minute group of mostly unsatisfied people. I have been a client of Primerica for over a decade and there is not a company that compares when it comes to customer service, income opportunity, and investment performance.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have been with Primerica back before it received its present name. My wife and I have had life insurance policies with them for over 10 years. In june our payment per quarter will jump from 155 to 674 dollars. Never get old please, I wouldnt waste my time here.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I like the product except it become expensive as you age. I am over 60+. So in a year I will reduce it greatly or drop it altogether.

Primerica Company Information