2.46/5
Based on 41 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Primerica

Primerica, Inc. (Primerica) is a Main Street Company for Main Street North America. Our mission is to help families earn income and become properly protected, debt free and financially independent. We are a leading distributor of financial products to middle-income households in the United States and Canada. Primerica provides an entrepreneurial business opportunity for individuals to become licensed and distribute our financial products.

Through our network of independents contractor agents, Primerica representatives assist clients in meeting their needs for term life insurance, mutual funds, annuities and other financial products that are tailored to appeal to middle income consumers. We are dedicated to helping our clients and representatives achieve their financial goals and welcome the opportunity to address and resolve all consumer questions and concerns. For more information on contacting Primerica directly, please visit the Contact Us page of our website at www.primerica.com.

View More View More

437 Primerica Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

Some guy tried to recruit me after calling my work. Called back a few days later saying I was so great on the phone he'd like to offer me a job in financial advising and insurance sales. They'll even pay to train me. I went to meet with him for an "interview" (a formality he said) and paperwork. Then they asked me to pay upfront...for a background check and "membership". It was only $100 and they would train me for my license. I was so excited.

It all sounded great till I got home and looked into this company Primerica a little more. Turns out it's an MLM scam. Oh they'll tell you it's not when you want your money back, but it is. I should have known better. I can't even manage my own finances let alone know the first thing about insurance. I have a high school diploma. That doesn't hold me back, but if I really want to do something like this I need to study finance without being brainwashed into selling my friends and family crap.

They also asked me for personal and professional references. Turns out it's just so they try the same scam and pitch on them. Don't give them that information!!! Seriously, who pays for a job. Just do your research. Believe the poor reviews. If you want manage money get a job with a real company! I was fooled by Primerica. Man that $100 would have made for a good dinner!

Original review: June 13, 2018

This company did not judge me based on college degree, prior experience nor race or sex. They allowed me the opportunity to make another income stream at my availability which is amazing because when my friend referred me I was working like 4 jobs and going to school. Once I got interviewed, I submit my $99 deposit! Which I did get back! My first week I made 300 dollars without being licensed. It's like instantly being awarded a scholarship, to go to school ($10,000 value) and get licensed to start your own business with help and mentoring to make great income because you can make money before you're licensed. And they allow you to help your own family and friends whereas other companies will not! It's an amazing business opportunity but get it straight. It's not a job. You have to work hard and you will be rewarded with the great compensation this company has. So don't give up on yourself and get to work!

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I find it funny how the bad reviews on here all sum up to the same excuse “I sign up looking for a job”. First of all this isn’t a job. This a business opportunity for people that seek to make extra income AND a full on business career. But too many people have an employee mindset and are used to living this microwave life looking to make a quick buck. I myself am a company owner and I decided to join the business to educate myself more on finances without having to go to school and spend thousands of dollars yet still not have anything guaranteed after graduation.

I’ve had my business running for over 5 years and even so I see a lot more growth in Primerica doing very little investing with an unlimited profit growth. Some people refute our product. Product that we all need, yet those people don’t see value in it only to later suffer financial problems or a lost of a love one and depend on car washes and GoFundMe accounts.

It’s the very same people that don’t do anything with their life and settle for the crumbs in life that give bad reviews because they have no vision and they just don’t believe in themselves to have a better life. I speak from the heart and can honestly say this business has helped and protected my life and the lives on my family and friends and because I was able to share the knowledge I’ve acquired in this company they will no longer ever have to worry about money problems in their entire life.

Original review: May 26, 2018

A new acquaintance of mine sent a text message asking several people to give her a good job reference when her new manager called. I asked her to call me because I wanted to tell her that I could not give a reference; I didn’t know her last name, where she lived, or what she was like on the job. Before my friend called me, her manager called asking me for a reference. So I said, “I am sorry but I really don’t know her much, I have only known her for a few months socially.” Then the manager said, "Well what do you know about her" and I said, "She seems to be very responsible with taking care of a lot of things."

The “supposed” interviewing manager said, "Well that’s great, we love responsible people." Then the manager said my friend is getting ready to get her insurance license and she needs to practice giving presentations, would I be do a presentation with her? I said no, it was clear that this whole interview and job reference was a fake reason to get one more person (me and anyone else willing to give her a job reference) to buy their products.

Original review: May 19, 2018

There are a lot of complaints on here but let's look at this from a business mindset. Bad people exist everywhere, and bad people have to work. No company goes looking for bad people, they come and go through different companies. I have had a horrible experience at Mcdonald's. I have had a great experience there too. I hope everyone can agree there will be good and bad people in every business that exists because we all have to work to live.

As a company Primerica has been nothing but blessings for my family. Now when you join you will pay a small one time fee for the background check. As an added benefit they provide you the education tools for free to help you get your license. You are joining a business, as a business there is typically expenses. If you decide not to go through with not pursuing your license that is perfectly fine but you are not entitled to a full refund. You are entitled to a partial refund. The money goes to the department of financial services in order to do the background check. The money has now been paid to a federal entity to do this background check service. All Primerica did is act a deliverer. They are not required to take a loss because you decided to go back on your word. There is also instructions on the official email address you need to send an email to in order to have the partial refund processed.

Yes there is a 25 dollar fee month for the access to all of the business tools you are given. If you were to pay for the business tools out of pocket as an individual you would be looking at over 4000 dollars a year. Do research on having full Morningstar access as a private consumer and you will see what I mean. This company delivers everything they have promised, and they deal with people all day long that get excited in the meeting, but then go back on their word once signing up. If they spend all of their time trying to cancel everyone out they would not have time to go make money and train others. That is also why the headquarter phone number is on the paperwork that you sign, and if you sign electronically it is instantly emailed to you. They have over 1500 salary paid employees in Ga waiting to take these types of calls so you are not bothering the agents that are trying to help families that need help.

Primerica from a product standpoint is the only company that does what is right. They only sell the products that help people. There are many horrible products in the industry designed to hurt people. Primerica is focused on exposing them and getting people in the right kind of life insurance and the right investments. If your investments are in a life insurance product you have wasted your money. You should only have level term life insurance. If you have anything else you are wrong. If you think I am wrong just keep waiting 'till it's too late.

On the investment standpoint a lot of people are getting hurt going to banks for savings accounts, and cd's or very low rate of returns on bank ira's. The stock market average is 12 percent, and inflation is 3-5 percent. It is not hard to get 10-12 percent as your average when you go with an investment company for mutual funds. Primerica provides you the ability to get into funds that you would not be able to get into with the small amount the average person has to start with. An example of this I can get into a fund for 25 dollars where if I were to go to the investment company directly the minimum would be 1000. I am a part of the opportunity, I make good money working the opportunity and there are months I make as little as 50 dollars. Why do I make so little some months, that is because I made a decision to do absolutely nothing that month. I wanted to be lazy. I got paid for being lazy.

If you are not going to listen to the coaches do not waste your time. The coaches are awesome, but they are not going to listen to you tell them that you think your way is better. They are a coach for a reason they are making money and the system way is working. If your way was better than you should have founded the company yourself. Understand this is a business you have to put skin in the game. If you have an issue don't do it. This is the best financial company out there and I would advise even if you are not looking for a business opportunity to get a hold of a rep, because they can truly change your life for the better just for sitting with you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Primerica?

Original review: May 14, 2018

During my 21 year marriage, Primerica was our financial 'advisor'. My husband at the time, did majority of the dealing with them. After my divorce in 2016, the 'advisor' failed to fully 'advise' me. The company said that because they used terminology that is typical and standard they are cleared of any liability. I depended on this 'advisor' to be straightforward but I was betrayed. I should have been advised of other options but I was not. I am a retired nurse and when I spoke with patients I used terminology they could relate to not medical terminology that would not be clear of even make them more confused. I received half of my ex's IRA funds at the divorce.

I told my 'advisor' I would eventually want to purchase a home where I had relocated. I asked for the money to be put where I could use some of it for this purchase. When I found a house to buy, about 5 months later, I asked for the money. I was told, according to my 'advisor' 'that the distribution from the IRA may be subject to tax consequences.' Again, terminology that I fully did not grasp the meaning of. I filed my 2017 taxes and due to this withdrawal to buy my house, I now owe the IRS a HUGE amount. I went to my new ADVISOR in the area I relocated in and spoke with her about how to pay this bill to the IRS.

She immediately suggested that I take out a bank loan and not use the money in my Roth IRA, because it would be the wiser thing to do. She explained the process and reasons so I could understand- THAT WAS ADVISE!!! Not just saying 'the distribution may be subject to tax consequences'. I have talked with this company numerous times and they refuse to see my viewpoint and do not take any responsibility. Due to the omission of advice, they are responsible for the taxes I have to pay on this withdrawal. I would have been glad and very able to make a loan but was NEVER advised that this would be a wiser way, when I initially bought my home. I was betrayed!!!

Original review: May 7, 2018

This company is a scam. I signed up with Primerica for employment and they took out $125.00 for me to get my health insurance license. I knew something wasn't right about this company so I decided not to go. When I asked for my money back since I did not go to class they kept giving me the run around trying to make me stay with this company and I decided that I did not want to. Their customer service is horrible and they do not follow their own contract. The contract states if I pay my money to get license and do not go I am entitled to my full refund if I have not reached my 30 days. I have not reached my 30 days and they still will not give me my money. I think what they're trying to do is continue to give me the run around until my 30 days is up so they do not have to give me my money back.

The only way you can make money with this company is if you bring in more people. If you do not bring people on board you do not make any money. They make you go to this meetings every week for long hours (7pm - 12am) of lectures that are rehearsed. The reason why I say they are rehearsed because they say the same thing every week, to the point I already knew what they was going to say next. They have mandatory phone meetings on Sundays starting at like 9:30 pm - 12 am; but they normally don't tell you about these meetings until after 9 pm smh. They talk a good game about how you can make all this money but the truth is you spend a lot of time and money with them but you don't make anything.

Now they're taking $25 more dollars out of my account and steady taking money out. I tried reaching out to them multiple times trying to get out of this and get them to stop taking money out my account. They said they would but just straight up lied. This is the worst company to want to work for. I would not recommend anyone to work here. All I'm going to say is do your research and pay close attention to detail before signing anything with this company.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Single-handedly ruined my church. Our church was the best. Amazing friendliest people filled with life groups and family get together. We went to everything and promoted it to everyone. All of our friends then went there too. Then this scheme entered some people's lives and it was everywhere - people started leaving and it was corrupting the church. Everything was about finances. Every single life group was about finances! People would say they thought they were only being approached as a possible life insurance buyer or client and when they said no they weren't of any concern to them anymore AT CHURCH. When you have to offer the product you are selling to friends family and church faces it's a scheme!

Original review: April 23, 2018

I signed up to work for them, paid the money for the classes but just felt like it wasn't right so I never went through with it. They have been charging me 28$ a month for the last year and I only realized it now. I don't remember anyone saying it would charge me a monthly fee to "work" for them and I can't find an email copy of the contract they claimed to have sent me! So I called to cancel this charge and get my money back. I spoke to 2 separate agents and they were absolutely ignorant from the start! And their managers apparently do not talk to customers, I managed to get a one month refund, but I'm still out over 300$. I wouldn't recommend this "organization" to anyone.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Okay so I tried to get a job there, They made me sign some documents and I had to pay $145 to get a background check. Jobs do not make you pay for the job. It seemed like a good offer because they were going to pay for my financial licence and books and schools so I could get a license in insurance. The place was so unorganized, like people come in when they want to, at first it sounds nice but it's not if you need someone. Next I paid the money but then there were these mandatory meeting which were **. Even a mandatory call conference on Sunday at 11 pm, it was ** because it was just me listening to this guy's prep speech, like it's late. I don't care about your motivational speech when I'm trying to sleep. So I never got my licence and quit before I even got 2 hours in. So I didn't ask for my money back because that was my fault, like I didn't get the license because I quit before the training for the license even began.

SO I was fine. I wasn't angry. It was whatever. The reason I quit was because it was a 45 day training period without pay and I just couldn't go that long without pay, while they were messing with my Sunday night sleep schedule. But then I checked my debit card, and they took $25 from me about 3 weeks after I quit, that might not sound like a lot but it was to me since I have no job, Like I quit. I told them that I quit. I didn't ask for my $145 back like leave me alone, stop taking my money, and wasting my time, at first I thought all the bad reviews were just from people who were just angry or whatever but it's true.

OMG, I wish I could give them a negative star, all of the good reviews are from employees and I can tell because it sounds just like the sales pitch and the ** meetings all over again, but whatever. I shouldn't make that claim. It might not be from past employees (honestly I just don't want to get sued for saying it) but it does sound like them. Just saying.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I have loved my experience with Primerica for many reasons. I got my life insurance at the age of 47 and it was incredibly affordable and easy. 6 months later I increased my coverage with complete ease. The Customer service is impeccable and I have heard many stories of people who have received coverage who were otherwise denied with other companies. The integrity of this company is like no other!

Original review: March 20, 2018

I've grown up in this business. I was three when my mom joined the company. This business has changed our lives and my children. I can't say enough good about this company and what it does for families.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I signed up with this company in January 11, 2018 of this year and has been a great experience for me. I was a store manager working 70 to 75 hours a week in retail and hardly had time to spend with my family. I must say it has been a wonderful opportunity to be able to allow me not only to work from home and spend time with my family and finally make good money and help others as well.

Original review: March 4, 2018

(Hopefully, I have caught your eye with the infamous, high-rated (but fully saturated in negativity) review tactic...) Well now, how shall I begin? Initially, an individual named Andrew called me from "PFS" (sounded more like PSS) asking me if I wanted to pursue a career in financing, etc. However, stated that I needed no previous experience (strange?). That everything will be provided to me on the job (how fortunate). Afternoon getting in touch by phone, Andrew anxiously me to come in (sooner than later and at my inconvenience). Okay, I thought, welcome to the job world (I guess?).

When he gave me the address (which was a little incorrect) I finally came to a building that has several suites/offices. As confused as I was after walking into the building, I asked two people if they knew where the "PFS" room was (both of whom were clueless). Fair enough, maybe everyone keeps to themselves in this building. Upon a 10 minute search, I find the door with the suite number but it had the name "Primerica" on it.

Upon entry, the suite was not too big, but had about 8-9 people walking around with about a total of 4 individual offices. Strange to have so many people and a small number of office space. The desk lady asked me my name and to whom I wanted to meet with. I said Andrew and she walked around and saw him on the phone. Politely told me to wait.

Then Andrew said hello, shook my hand and said give him a minute. Okay, I'm on time to an "interview" and am waiting for over 10 minutes, but there seemed to be no one what waiting/in an interview currently (kinda strange, but I didn't think much of it). When he walked away after telling me to wait, they gave me a generic sheet to fill out the same information that he supposedly saw on my résumé. Personally, I didn't think that is professional, but it kind of led me on that this is an unorganized company.

Moving into the "interview," it didn't seem that I was trying to get the job but instead trying to be coerced into a job. He first started off with the company's mission and asked, "Do you think this is a strong mission statement?" I answered, "I suppose, it contains all the desires of your company. So, I assume it can be considered a strong mission statement."

Moving on he started giving me statistics about the percentage of Americans who are in debt, living paycheck to paycheck, who have no will/life insurance, etc. Okay. Then he went on to tell me all the companies that his company "Primerica" (never mentioned "PFS" again) is involved with and that they are well-recognized on the NYSE (The New York Stock Exchange) and have all these insurance companies asking them for assistance to distribute. At this point, it seems that he's trying to sell me the validity of his company.

We then move on to the purpose of the company and at first, I thought it was quite thoughtful because they aim to work with families to increase their savings percentages, help them to save, give them a life insurance in case of an emergency, etc. However, as he spoke I thought to myself about how this little company (whom he says doesn't do advertisements #WordOfMouth) is able to give people up to 12% on their savings accounts if they are not a bank themselves. We move on to a representation of a house in which he asks where its foundation would be. I answered the bottom with which he then splits the house into five pieces. With the foundation being life insurance.

It was kind of confusing that he stressed life insurance in what he was saying. Then he talked about how to make six figures as others in the company are making. Also, how I had the ability to make $250-500 (presumably every two weeks) by just working alongside them. (Seems unreal for me to make money by just watching what you guys do.)

On top of that, he goes into the pinnacle of the pitch and tells me that before I can work with them that I'll have to get licensed. The company will pay for me but all I have to pay is $99 for the application fee and $24 for the POL service fee. He suggested that I'd want to get the POL service, unless I want to carry paper around with me all day (okay?). He then "tried" to reassure me that the company will reimburse me what I spent with up to $300 dollars after I get my five licenses. (So why would I need to spend money, if you're gonna give it back to - two-fold?) He also told me that if this wasn't for me that I can get my $25 refund for the POL service and $69 dollars back from the application fee, because $30 dollars goes to the state to do a background check on me (or maybe to his bank account for commission).

*** If you were as foolish as I was and fell for the charade, you have 24 hours to cancel and get FULL refund. Don't listen to the lies. I asked the guy how to go about getting my refund and he said we have to send a letter to the company on Monday. (Mind you I paid Thursday and Friday is still a business day.) ASK FOR A PROOF OF CANCELATION, EITHER A REFERENCE NUMBER AND/OR EMAIL (hopefully both of which are factual).

Initially, I wasn't trying to be negative about allowing new opportunities to take place in my life, but this tactic smelled just like the fishy multi-level company (pyramid scheme) Amway. I mentioned Amway and he claimed he had no idea who or what they were (okay -_-). Afterward, I skeptically paid, but severely regretted it and contacted Andrew telling him that this isn't for me and I'm getting a bad instinct from this. All he said was, "okay".

While talking to him, he seemed pretty mechanical and seemed to be carrying out a ploy. He made it clear that he would teach me how to give presentations like this to prospective members and made sure to show me off as a new addition to the team (but more like an addition to his uplink/tree). One thing that was strange was that he asked for three references. As I wrote them down he seemed a bit antsy. I gave him two instructors that I had and an acolyte. He then says to me, "I'm pretty sure they all will say good things about you, but do you have someone more personal - like a friend."

I pondered and thought why would you want friends instead of people who know my work ethic. And it seems that they'll do some calling off their own and try to call your friends to come in as "your references" to help work for them. Overall, this company seems to have a pretty humble stance on helping people, but their means of becoming rich (if it is even possible) is flawed and self-centered. Even though it's great to own your own business, it's even better not to be someone else's pawn.

Original review: March 2, 2018

My son was recruited by ** at the Garden City Motor Vehicle office. He went to her office and spoke with her about a job. She asked him to come back with me so I can hear about the job. I went and the entire time all ** did was try to sell me insurance and try to get names of people I knew to sell insurance to. My son agreed to try the job and I was told that I had to pay 1 time fee of $25.00 for something. I gave her my debit card number and signed for the 1 time fee. That was in August. Not only was there no actual job for him... they have continued to take the $25.00 fee out of my account every month since.

I only noticed it in July and I have been given the runaround ever since. They are not answering the phone or leaving messages that are inaudible on my voicemail. I've had to block them from my account and now I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. Do yourself a favor and DON'T GET INVOLVED WITH THESE PEOPLE. ESPECIALLY ** AT 1 FULTON AVENUE, HEMPSTEAD. This is nothing but a scam. They take people who are looking work and scam them. Not only will you not have a job or make any money... they will scam you and take money from you. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

This company has changed my life. Not only did they educate me about how money works, but they showed me how to get out of debt. This company is doing what is right for Main Street Families. I no longer have to live paycheck to paycheck. Primerica gave me the opportunity to run my own business. If you have an entrepreneur mindset, the sky is the limit with this company.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

If you want to waste your time, go for it. I would not recommend this company to anyone, it's not credible in my book regardless of the credible companies they associate with, it makes those companies uncredible because Primerica is the biggest scam next to Kirby Vacuum's sales. I spend over 200 dollars on their stupid membership and background check fees. I wasted three days of their STUPID classes to get a license, and wasted two days a week listening to their rehearsed brainwashed lectures.

I worked out of VALERIE and Vin Fin's firm. They are so strange. They seemed SO sweet when you first meet them but as soon as you get your license they turn into SHARKS. I tried quitting after one week and she would not let me, so I stayed another two months and wasted even more of my time. This company is a joke and I wish I never knew about it. Life insurance sales is a joke. Get a real job people so you don't have to deal with people who try to scam you into their stupid business.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Well at the surface I believe Primerica has good intentions they are really shady. What the offer in terms of life insurance and savings is great but their business model is flawed. For one they try and claim to be on the doorstep of an amazing breakthrough that is set to become the next Facebook, Google, or Apple. That doesn’t add up since they got started in 1977 which is nearly 40 years ago. We all know FB, Google, and Apple were major success almost overnight and anyone and everyone knows who and what they are, large parts of America still wouldn’t know what Primerica is without someone explaining it to them. Two, if they were as great as they say you would be able to use the Primerica name alone to sell insurance to people, just like if someone were to say I have a position for you at Google or Apple where you can potential make millions they wouldn’t hesitate.

However, Primerica has a bad rep and they earn it. They're pushy most of the time insensitive and do whatever it takes to get you involved with their business. If Primerica was actually as awesome as they try and make themselves out to be then their name would speak for itself especially after 40 years. They tell you when you're selling and trying to get sales reps under you that it’s not sales and to not tell people that it’s for OR that you're with Primerica. That alone is shady and proves that they need to work on their image and name credibility more than anything else. I have been approached three different times to be a part of this business and each time I have turned it down. You say things to their reps and literally see them the next day and they don’t remember things you said.

While that can be a personal problem the larger overarching problem is that it shows that they're not paying attention 'cause they only care about the bottom line which is money. I think Primerica is great in terms of what they sell. Their life insurance is pretty awesome but their approach to business and sales is not healthy. They would be better off becoming a more traditional company like a bank than sending people through the ringer in a very similar fashion that Pyramid schemes do. If you want to be sales don’t care about losing friends and you have zero other passions than just making money and helping other people do okay in life savings then so be it. It’s for you. It is not for people that spent years in school for whatever their passion is that want to have a career in their area of study. Go do you went to school for. Don’t get roped into something that isn’t for you because of the shiny penny on the other side.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I've had insurance with this company for over 20 years, after become disable they lied that they had no waiver of payment only to find out that they do. Now after a few years of having the payment waiver they come now and ends my life insurance. This company is full of games and lies. Please find another insurance company to deal with, they will have your payment and out of the blue end your coverage.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

In December 2016, signed up for Primerica when I was unemployed and was fully committed to selling insurance. I was so impressed with the company I bought an life insurance policy as well. In January 2017, I was hired full time and stopped working with Primerica due to a lack of time. In March 2017, I noticed a two reoccurring charges (POL business account and Primerica Life insurance Policy) from Primerica and immediately cancelled my POL business account online before the next billing cycle.

In December 2018 I noticed that I was still being charged for my POL business account even though it was cancelled in March. When I contacted Primerica they gave me the runaround claiming my account was never charged then claiming they never received my request. I am truly disgusted with the way Primerica has handled my refund request. They have been extremely rude to someone who is an Licensed Insurance agent and was planning to renew his account.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

My daughter got kill and Primerica Insurance only pay for her basic insurance I had on her. But my agent told me that they was waiting on what police report said and they should pay me accidental death. Then weeks later told me my check was in and that Primerica doesn't do accidental death. What insurance that does not pay accidental death insurance.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I was called out of the blue after applying for a job website. A man by the name of Luther called offering me a potential job at an "open house" for his financial services company. I came to the open house, and there were 3 other people who also came. We all noticed that we had been called out of the blue by somebody who did not mention the name of the company. We say through a couple of very generic "get rich quick" slideshows. They were clearly marketing a pyramid scheme. Your join the company, pay a monthly fee to "own your own business", and recruit others into it.

The slides made it seem like the average Joe/Jane could make tens of thousands of dollars without much work at all. Do yourself a favor and Google "pyramid scheme" or "multi-level marketing". I told the Primerica hacks before I left the meeting that they should be ashamed of themselves for trying to take advantage of regular working people. Primerica is a scam of a company that lies to your face to steal your money. DON'T BE FOOLED.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Do NOT sign up with company!!!! In ERROR I signed up with this company in September, I changed my mind and called 1st thing in the morning. I had to deal with someone coming to my home again to complete papers to sign, and then they cancel the insurance but do not bother to cancel the enrollment so since then they keep taking $25 from my account and no matter how many times we call to cancel they keep taking MY MONEY!!! On top of it all every time we call we get some ** on the line who gets on a high horse claiming how FABULOUS this company is... WHAT A JOKE...

If you want to get rich by taking advance of others then I guess this is the job for you! So far thanks to these crooks I am out $100 and according to the last jerk I spoke to I will not see those funds back. Makes me sad to see there are companies still able to operate like this and rip off those of us who live pay check to pay check just to pad their wallets with our hard earned money!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Do NOT sign up with company unless you want to sell to your friends and family. I in ERROR signed up with this company in July, on a Friday, changed my mind and called 1st thing Monday morning. They informed me that they would not give me back my $125.00 because I did not take the classes. Then they started taking $25.00 a month from me. I have been trying for MONTHS to get them to give it back to me with NO response. This is a HORRIBLE company and their customer service is terrible. All I can figure is whoever is leaving the good reviews must be high up in the company. DON'T waste your time or money.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Very happy with Primerica's ability to customize life insurance policies and investing. Bigger companies laughed at my tiny $15k I wanted to invest. Primerica treats a client with $100 the same as someone with $5 million. Everything is customized to fit your income, expenses, goals and needs for retirement. Pretty cool stuff.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I see a lot of reviews and negativity regarding Primerica. To my experience with them, I have not had one bad experience at this point. I will not go on about how amazing the company is, because they are wonderful. If you are looking to become your own boss or want to make a difference in your career, then try them. Your license is through the State of Florida, nothing FAKE about that, they provide your course study material and so much more. I would not say that it is not hard, it is surely a hump over the road in getting where you want to be at as far as a financial comfort zone. The process is totally up to you and the effort of getting there depends on the how much you put into it.

I have read reviews on how bad other companies are, and at the end of the day, no one is perfect or most will never be completely satisfied. Most of us shop at stores that we promised we would never shop in again, but end up there anyway because it has what you need, located near you or when no other stores supply the merchandise that you are in need of. Your thoughts and concerns will help Primerica succeed by continuance growth in becoming more successful.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Woman called setting up a random interview saying I was referred. Being suspicious and alert I did research. I looked up the address she gave me and looked it up in the Denver Business Tax lookup site and it said the suite was registered to Prime America. Looked at these reviews and called back the agent named Anna. Cancelled our interview and she got super rude. Scamming people (tried to use name Moody and Associates) is rough. Don’t fall for it and do your research. I’m glad I did before wasting my time.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

This company has repeatedly lost documents that we have sent in stating they never received them. (Everyone else seems to receive the mail I'm sending.) They withdrew 4 payments out of my account in one month without authorization. When they were confronted about the issue they stated it was a computer issue and they would refund immediately but my husband would need to go in and sign a document first. (You screwed up and we have to drive to your office to sign a document to fix it?). Needless to say, we still have not seen this refund. This company is a scam! Also, they do not have a customer service number where you can actually speak to a representative. Their 1-800 number gives you the option to speak to one and then it gives you an Email address and some other information and not a live person! DO NOT PURCHASE LIFE INSURANCE THROUGH THESE PEOPLE!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I had a son with special needs. I originally had insurance through American Family Insurance for $15,000 which was all that they could approve for him with his condition. That was fine, I would've had what I needed to bury him. I met an agent while working that told me he could get me more for my son because he was a Vice President and at a lower rate. I let him take care of the paperwork which he said he would and my stupid butt let him. He lied on the application about my son's condition so of course the insured amount increased. And of course when everything settled I got denied because the company said he was never eligible for the insurance so they weren't paying out.

I will not be doing business with Primerica ever again. Apparently after reading reviews they do whatever is possible not to pay out... My recommendation is to keep at least $10,000 in a savings account so your friends and family can bury you. Life insurance companies do not make money by paying out claims. I had my other life insurance for 2 years before I cancelled it and they knew everything. Do not trust these agents. They do what they need to do to make the commission... POINT BLANK. PERIOD.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Just to let anyone out there that is thinking of purchasing Life Insurance from Primerica - they are not completely truthful - bought a policy 15 years ago (for 20 year term) and signed on with tiered levels - at 10 years and 15 years, part of the coverage would drop off as I would not need as much and the premium would drop accordingly. I decided to keep the 10 year tier (5 years ago) and my premium went up $5/month, did not think much about it. What they did not say was that the premium would be recalculated at the current day rate instead of staying the same.

This year the 15 year tier was up for cancellation so I decided to drop off both tier 10 and 15 for $79,000. My premium did not go down the $20 I was told and is now $101/per month instead of the $85/month. Do not buy if it is tiered!!! Your premium may stay the same or increase instead of decreasing with less coverage!!! My original policy was for $500,000 for $106/month. Needless to say, I am cancelling my policy with PRIMERICA and going with a different company at a lower rate!!! Don't need $500,000 anyway now - I AM DEBT-FREE!!!

Primerica Company Information