Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
3.21/5

Primerica

Primerica, Inc. (Primerica) is a Main Street Company for Main Street North America. Our mission is to help families earn income and become properly protected, debt free and financially independent. We are a leading distributor of financial products to middle-income households in the United States and Canada. Primerica provides an entrepreneurial business opportunity for individuals to become licensed and distribute our financial products.

Through our network of independents contractor agents, Primerica representatives assist clients in meeting their needs for term life insurance, mutual funds, annuities and other financial products that are tailored to appeal to middle income consumers. We are dedicated to helping our clients and representatives achieve their financial goals and welcome the opportunity to address and resolve all consumer questions and concerns. For more information on contacting Primerica directly, please visit the Contact Us page of our website at www.primerica.com.

View More View More

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Primerica Reviews

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I have taken the time to read over a lot of these reviews and I think that it is so incredibly funny what so many of these people have claimed. One said that they charged them $99 & $25, one question, if they were charging you, they could only do it, if you gave them your card info. Which means that you agreed to get with there company. Can't charge you unless, you give them the info to do it. Another one said that whole life was great and that they are only paying $68/month, clearly they have no idea how whole life even works.

Part of your monthly payment actually goes to the insurance, and the over paid part, which only happens when you're younger, is put into a bank account that only the insurance company gets, not the customers paying into it, and as you age, you are still paying the same premium, but the extra money that was going into that account is no longer, intact. They don't know it, but they are actually losing money from that account to cover the missing part of the premiums. So when you are 20, say the cost of insurance is $40/month, and $28 is going into that account. But when you are 60, the amount of the insurance is more like $138/monthly, but you are still only paying $68/month. So where is the other $70/month coming from.

What your insurance is not telling you, is it is coming out of that account, and once that money is gone, then it is taking away from the death benefit, so when you die at 65, and are counting on a $100k check, it is probably only worth like $40k. So many people don't understand insurance and that is exactly what these financial industry are counting on. And they don't want to tell you any of it, just let you find out when it is way to late to do anything about. Another says they drag out the death benefits, clearly they work for a competitor, or they really didn't have a legal leg to stand on.

When 9-11 happened, the very next day, they were the only company to even pay the death benefits. All the other companies, used a terrorist clause not to pay one dime, so many people had to sue the other companies and the courts decided in the clients favors, and yet, they didn't even give 25% of the death benefits to anyone. There are so many reviews on here, that it is very obvious to people who actually know the business, knows that they don't know what they are talking about or the work for a competitor and want to put up false reviews. And it is making other people who read these reviews miss out on good business.

It is obviously your choice, all I have to say, is actually know what you are talking about before you screw people who could really use the help. They are the only ones who will sit down with you, drive to your home, all free of charge and explain in detail, so that you actually will know how it works and how these other companies are manipulating people big time.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

When it comes to picking the right company for life insurance it comes down to the agent. I met my life agent Tiffany ** 2 yrs ago through a co-worker. She educated me on the good, the bad and ugly on how most policies work. I also rolled my IRA account into Mutual Funds with her after learning the upside of it. If you want an excellent agent who will go infinity and beyond it’s Tiffany. She works with many states to help and serve others. She can be reached at ** cell.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: July 11, 2019

I really enjoyed working with my agent in Virginia and learned a lot about how my insurance and 401k works and appreciated the patience to meet with me three times before I became a customer and advocate. Reading below people some commenters are shocked that after their term ends in 30 years the premium is 3x or 6x more with PRI, but consider all other competitors, which are all 20x to 30x more if they even allow you to convert; my fiancé and several friends I introduced them to had policies that were 30x or 40x more when it was time to renew, after looking into it. It makes sense, how do you expect insurance companies to sensibly price you?

I like that you don’t have to reprove your health when you renew even when over 65 (who else does that?), their track record of paying out, and candidness. Yes I probably pay $10 more than somewhere else but the benefits mentioned above is worth it. Could you imagine getting a terminal illness just a few months before your insurance ends and/or the market crashes, you would be leaving behind far less on the table for your family if the unexpected happens. It’s the most sensible option that I’ve ever seen.

Primerica response

Hi, Sergio-I'm happy to hear that your experience with our Company was beneficial to you. We look forward to serving you in the future. Regena Wood, Primerica Life, Duluth, GA

Original review: April 25, 2019

With 130,000 agents and over 7 million clients, there are bound to be a few "bad apples" and unsatisfied clients. Please take that into consideration when you're looking at 300 reviews when the company brings on roughly 35,000 new clients a month. This site is an echo chamber of a minute group of mostly unsatisfied people. I have been a client of Primerica for over a decade and there is not a company that compares when it comes to customer service, income opportunity, and investment performance.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I try not to write negative reviews. Today, this is my fifth time calling Primerica's Customer Support number, 800-544-5445. The initial representatives answering the phone were excellent in giving me contact information (Juanita #** {twice}, Debbie **, and Tanya #**). Between the combined four callbacks I've spent over seventy minutes on hold: Not a good omen. By calling back a fifth time, I'm now highly agitated, and in the midst of being placed on hold again, while I'm writing this review.

Confusion of this sort is why businesses of this caliber receive a reputation of always being available when it comes time to put money into an account but, difficult to reach anyone when it's time to remove your funds. The issue is that none of the agents that the representatives connected me with were responding, as either their phone number didn't work or their phone lines were full and were not accepting any more messages.

Then the unexpected happened. My fifth representative Fran #**, went beyond the well-meaning customer support lip-service and allowed me to stay on the phone with her as she tried contacting another agent before I disconnected from Primerica. Fran #** was able to get through to an agent, leave him a voice message, and answer my questions, along with helping me with my redemption form process. I kid you not; this review went from a potential four to a one and then back up to a five all due to TOP LEVEL customer service of Fran #**. Your organization is very fortunate to have Fran working for you. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Primerica?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

This is my experience I hope it serves before making a decision. I learned about Primerica from a friend and agreed to listen to his supervisor. I ended up accepting a charge to my card to learn more. I discovered that I am not interested in the business model, very similar to a pyramid model [although they deny it and theorize about it in their meetings]. I agreed to listen to an offer on life insurance and here again they charged me for analysis and for something else. They promised to return the funds if the policy was not in my interest. RESULT: The results of the analysis were never sent. They did not return the funds [until today]. They never sent me a policy. A mess of disorganization and lack of professionalism. They still charge me monthly for belonging to I don't know what. Although I have contacted more than four times to stop doing so.

CONCLUSIONS
1- Sellers of Primerica. If you cannot handle a simple insurance policy, how do you think that I give you my contact details so that they are called on my name?
2- There are people out there, who are not interested in your business model, just come to know.
3- When you see it is almost religious fervor, hide your credit card because you can end up in a mess like I am now.

4- Finally there are thousands of ways to establish income through the Internet, look for information before falling into the hands of unscrupulous companies.

Good luck. Ferminius

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

We called my husband's "Friend" who said he had a great way for us to make money and a way for us to get life insurance. He apparently has a lot of money he has made with his investments. I highly doubt it is with Primerica. We trusted them and how we would increase our investments. Well, we started with them last year in October 2018 and it was now November of 2019 and everyone else I know WITH OTHER INVESTMENT COMPANIES were making money off their investments. Our money was losing. They knew we had no idea what we were doing with our money and they told us to let it sit there and it would make money all on its own. What a crock of **. Primerica Fees and their BS ate up any of our extras in fees.

We finally spoke with my brother in law who we should have just gone to first. We have closed our 2 investment accounts and we, of course, lost almost a 1000 or overall our investments. Now we are trying to roll my husband's SEP IRA to CS and of course, they are holding on tight to that money. This is absolute crap and now I am having my husband call again to get them to CLOSE DOWN AND LET THE MONEY ROLL TO THE NEW IRA. They also want you to work for them and they all brag about making money. You basically make money off the people under you. That is multilevel marketing and it is not a real job. Do not put your money with them. All of the good reviews on this are from the people who currently work with them.

Also, the "friend" could not even correctly fill in the paperwork initially and input the wrong birth date. I had to call and change, he also gave them wrong info so our SEP-IRA did not start right away because he screwed that up. This is not a good way to make money. Go to CS and you will get great customer service and will not hold your money hostage!

Seriously people, take these bad reviews to heart. We have 2 family businesses but neither of us has ever invested money and we trusted what they said in all of those 'cheerleading" meetings. It all sounded great. Except you never hear from them again after your money is invested, not even to see how your investments are going. That is not a company with your best interest.

I am now going to family who invests his own money and actually makes money like everyone else in the US. Primerica has horrible Customer Service also and every time you call we have had the rudest people. This company will eat your money. GO ELSEWHERE I WARN YOU. I am not a bitter employee either. I really feel this company scams people with high fees. We are now getting new life insurance and it is 75% lower too. I advise everyone to not go to a Primerica person as they are not knowledgeable about investments. Most are people off the street. Ask each person how much knowledge base they have. Did they go to school to learn about stocks and investments? Good luck to anyone who does go with them. We are still fighting with this stupid company to release our SEP-IRA and I am pissed! I am going to also make a complaint to the BBB.

GO to Charles Schwab or another reputable company with Brokers who have gone to school to get their brokers license... They also tried to increase our life ins policy from $750k to $800k and our monthly payment went up without even asking us! We don't need $800k. They do what they want with your money and it is way more expensive than other places. I am a Life Coach and I fear for people's money with this company! I am for the little guys who get bullied so go elsewhere to invest and buy life insurance. At least call other places out before setting on this company and get different quotes for life insurance. GOOD LUCK!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I was looking for a Life Insurance and I did my homework thru internet and local agents. Finally I met an agent of Primerica and she explain the different types of policies. Not only I got the correct Life Insurance (that cover absolutely everything), I got as well my Retirement Plan (which I didn't have with my own business). Regards.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

This company has become the most valuable opportunity I ever had. Since my journey in this company I have had the opportunity to learn a lot about finances and my life has change a lot since then. I am now able to take better desitions, save for my future and become a valuable person for society. Primerica paid for my licenses and made me the professional I now am. Thanks Primerica for such unbelievable opportunity.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

This company replaced my old policy for a term insurance life policy, I got more coverage for less money my old product was not proper & had exclusions. These guys give professional assistance & guidance.

Primerica Company Information