Primerica

Primerica, Inc. (Primerica) is a Main Street Company for Main Street North America. Our mission is to help families earn income and become properly protected, debt free and financially independent. We are a leading distributor of financial products to middle-income households in the United States and Canada. Primerica provides an entrepreneurial business opportunity for individuals to become licensed and distribute our financial products.

Through our network of independents contractor agents, Primerica representatives assist clients in meeting their needs for term life insurance, mutual funds, annuities and other financial products that are tailored to appeal to middle income consumers. We are dedicated to helping our clients and representatives achieve their financial goals and welcome the opportunity to address and resolve all consumer questions and concerns. For more information on contacting Primerica directly, please visit the Contact Us page of our website at www.primerica.com.

Compare Life Insurance

Research top Life Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was approached months ago at my present job (I work in retail) by a gentleman. After casual conversation he asked if I was interested in making some extra money or knew someone who did. At the time I was busy so I said, "Not right now." He was very nice and said, "Give me your number and I'll keep in touch." Speed up to about 2 weeks ago he called me and explained who he was in a VM. Anyways I returned his call and told him "Yes I was looking for part-time​ work" and I went in for an interview at 11200 Westheimer Road Houston TX for an interview. He said Primerica was a financial company looking to help families get out of debt and financial independent. I told him "I don't know about financial advising." He said I will be fully trained etc.

The interview went well, I asked him if I would have to call up people, he said "no" because they work on referrals. I went back for a second interview the next day with I guess all the other applicants where we were given an overview of the company with debt statistics and how we can help as advisors. I then sat down with the head of the company who explained how the payment works but I first have to be licensed, and have a background check which is $99 and they are not allowed to pay it for me, and $25 to have access to the study tools so I can do my exam to be licensed. I went back then the following day to give my info to start this part time job.

I filled out paperwork which asked for references which I supplied with phone numbers, I was told that even though it's recommended to use the their online website only the first month $25 is compulsory because it's to gain access to study materials to get licensed. I was hesitant about the money but Chris ** my recruit assured me if I changed my mind after paying within 30 days I could be refunded my money so I went ahead and gave him my CC info on May 24th 2017. After going to my first training session where I found out I was going to be required to recruit people into the business and where my hands on training would be the references I gave and the amount of time I would have to put in especially after my one on one with Chris the next day, I left the office that day and I decided it was not for me, I did not think it was a scam.

Everyone I met was very nice and helpful, so on May 26th I sent Chris a text message to let him know I did not want to waste his time as I now think it's not for me. I wished him and his colleagues the best and I asked about my refund. When I had sent messages before I got back an answer within 5 mins. but this time nothing, I know his phone was giving a bit of trouble so I sent an email and this is now May 27th as I write this and there has been no response from Chris. He did say to me that my account was not set up with a recurring payment of $25 so I hope that is the case. I will try calling or going to the office to see if I get back my $124 but I don't think I will be successful.

I write this review to let people know who are approached by Primerica that you are not given the entire story upfront as I don't think it is a scam and I guess you can make good money if you're willing to put in the work. It's just unfortunate that once you decide it's not for you how they change and would not give your money back as promised or even take your calls. I have nothing in writing and that's my fault but I will try to get my money back. If I do I will post it here.

Updated on 06/04/2017: After persistently calling the recruiter, he finally took my call and I asked him if I can be refunded my $124 as 2 days after my first training session I realized it was not for me. I was not comfortable using family and friends for "on hands training sessions" which was really a disguised recruiting process. He told me yes and gave me a telephone number to call and a solution code to use when I called. I immediately did this. The gentleman on the line was professional and explained the $25 would be refunded in 2 days but I would need to go online and request a refund for the $99 which I did.

I got back and email saying they got my request and another one later in the day saying my request was processed. I can report I was refunded $25 and $69. I guess the $30 they kept was for the background check which in Texas is between $20 and $50. I believe I was not told everything upfront about how this company works. But I am pleased my time with them is over and I got back most of my money. Hopefully no issues will arise with taking money out in another month but I do have an email saying everything was cancelled. I hope it stays that way.

My father died on 2/26/2017 and till this day we haven't received any answer. My mom has gone through hell to give them all of the documentations they asked for, and interviewed through them. There is even a 3rd party company reviewing this. It's 5/26/2017 and we still have no response. It's hard dealing with a family tragedy like this and in top of it this company doesn't help the grief. My dad was the one who worked, my mom has never worked in her life so this money would help her a lot. But they are making it so difficult for her to even get it. Bad company. Don't buy from them or even invest your time in listening to their **.

My wife suddenly died almost four months ago and I still not receive the payment of the insurance. No death compensation money receive. They keep sending me letters that are collecting information from hospitals she visited. When I first signed to acquire the insurance death for my family I took it thinking that if I died she could use that money to overcome the financial crisis my death will cause in my family, now I see if I was the one that dies probably my wife and kid would lose their home. I know there's a procedure to investigate all, but I believe 4 months is enough time.

I have nothing against insurance providers or services, at least when they deal their cards right. This one indeed is an MLM (though their crafty sales 'office managers' upright deny that) Hawking about completing a state licensing exam in order to peddle termed insurance to cold-call customers. And their obvious "bring in referrals who may be interested" and "setting up more and more offices in the area", to continue what they refer as "drill for skill" weekly sales training sessions.

Their 'sign-up' fees slide between $99 and $250, depending (as they put it) season or quarterly specials. Which I did not buy into. The office manager had the nerve to become testy or impatient with me for apparently taking too long to get registered ($ in her pocket of course), because I was an undergrad student at the time, busily finishing my degree, with realistically no additional time to play their Drill for Skill or the weekend licensing exam (which was pocket cost on me). Big giant BOO for them.

I'm very disappointed with this company. I should have done my homework and check first. I paid the "overcharged" $99 fee for the background check plus $25.00 monthly fee. I went to their meetings twice a week. No sales. My friends were not interested. My closest family too old. We went to the malls, train station, etc. Nothing. And it was not just me. My colleagues too. I listened to their Earnings Release for March 2017 and it says on the presentation that the average Sales Agent sell 0.20 policy a month!!! And that is before taxes. I should have checked their financial reports first. Primerica may have been good at some point but not anymore. I encourage you to check their financial reports and see the section about the salesforce. On these previous year our of 108,000 they added just about 11,000 new recruits! Not even 1 per agent in a year. These are facts!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Primerica?

I've had 3 policies with Primerica since 2007. It started when I wanted to update my banking information and sign my girls up for their individual policies because of their age, so now it would be 4 policies. Call my rep, set up an appointment to get the new policies and he said he could update my banking information. After a month notice no draft for 2 of my policies. Call my rep, tell him no money has been drafted but he said everything is fine, no worries. Another month go by still no draft for the same 2 policies. Call my rep again, tell him what's going on and he assures me again everyone taken care of don't worry.

Third month roll around I get a letter in the mail saying the policies are lapsed. Call my rep, tell him about the letters and what's going on. My rep tells me it's ok again. It takes a while to update. By the fourth month I'm irate because I've done my part and now he calls and say the banking information didn't update, which I highly doubt the system just didn't update my information. He just didn't do it. Long story short I was able to make payments of one of the policies while my 2nd policy was too far gone so it's cancelled. My rep tells me he's going to do a forgiving of the past due charges and get it reinstated.

Still to this day after numerous calls and texts to him and even a call to customer service which they kept referring me back to him. He hasn't done anything and I'm left with no insurance on my mom and because of her age, I can't find a reasonable insurance company. So over $8000 down the drain and nobody cares because it's not their issue. I've sent emails, faxes and still NOTHING! If I hadn't invested so much on the other policies I would cancel all of it! I shouldn't have to make a person do a job that they chose to do. I can absolutely say because of my rep I hate Primerica.

In 1985 I joined Primerica and applied their financial principles regarding my financial matters, but also became an agent. In a few years I was promoted to the coveted RVP position. In 1992 I quit after having an absolutely fun and fantastic time. I (We) helped so many people. It was truly magical. All my life people have walked up to me and remembered me having been to their homes and have always said positive things to me about the positive impact I (Primerica) had on their life.

Now, I'm finished. Retired. I never really made "a lot" of money in my life but I can tell you this one thing. Using those principles I live in a $500K plus home that's completely paid for, own a home by the lake, have a home on the French border with Germany, have a few nice cars, sent the kids to college, have a great IRA withdrawal going, and don't owe anyone a nickel. Thank You Primerica. I'll tell you what that agent who recruited me back in 1985 said to me "Most people have two great opportunity presented to them in their life time. Is this the first time you have been offered an opportunity Mr Jon? Or is it the last one"? That really made me think hard. The Win-Win is that whether you become an agent, or a customer only, You Win!

I've talked to 3 people and gotten 3 different answers. The first said no money would come from my account. The second said, "yes we took it but will return it in 2-3 weeks". The third said it would be returned in 20 business days, 4 weeks. Don't bother talking to a supervisor, they defend their ignorant employees and accuse you of lying. The employees conning people are the ones leaving good reviews here, but the customers are being lied to. DO NOT BUY LIFE INSURANCE FROM THESE THIEVES. They will cancel your policy and continue to take your money, no matter what they tell you on the phone. I'm not the only one having this problem. There's another review here from someone who can't collect on a policy. This is how they teach "financial freedom", by stealing from others

Finally received my check after going on Primerica Facebook and blogs and making a Consumers Affairs complaint a representative called me and was very courteous and helpful with getting the right information. I think that they need to train Customer Service not to tell customers anything to get them off the phone and be honest about checks being mailed out. I wasn't upset about the money I was more upset about waiting by the mailbox for a check that was never written and mailed out

joeann of Jamaica, NY on

Original Review

I canceled my insurance claim about 3 months ago and still have not received my check. They first said they mailed the check on March 10 and of course they put the wrong address on it and I never received it. Called them and they said they would be sending out another check with the right address that was in beginning of April. Never received it, call back. They said the check was mailed on April 15, still haven't received it. I glad I canceled it because I can't imagine if something happens to me I wouldn't want to leave my family the burden of dealing with this company to pay. Fraud. If I don't received my check by Wednesday I am filing a small claims suit against them. They are liars.

I am a Primerica representative and I had someone tell me about the bad reviews about our company on here so my curiosity drove me to actually take the time and see what people had to say... I truly could not stop shaking my head at these reviews! My GOD! Most of these people really, really did not understand the concept of this business at all! They got recruited then they went home and asked their broke cousin, aunt or uncle about it, got a negative response which automatically made them believe this is a scam so they called the agent the next day (or, maybe never answered the phone when their agent called) and were simply left the idea that this was "JUST TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT HAD TO BE A SCAM". (OH! They got me for my $124.)

I'd like, if I may, take this opportunity to leave my first review on consumeraffairs.com about Primerica (the best thing that has ever happened to me!!!) and break it down for those who are doing their research. If you have been approached by an agent and have been asked to join, let me first congratulate you! That is a sign that you have greatness within you! We do not approach just everyone. We are trained to single out those individuals who we believe have what it takes to do this business (We certainly don't want those cry babies who come in, never get licensed, quit after they get their first No and then go online to write an essay on how you can't make any money here).

Once someone joins, they become part of that person's team who recruited them. This means they will have to train them and show them how they conduct business within that particular office, because like any other franchise we are all individually owned! YES! We are a franchise, which means every office is ran differently which is yet another reason why Primerica is so awesome, they provide the opportunity to move from independent contractor to owner! (meaning... you can sell, rent or pass your business over if something happens to you!!!)

Will you be able to leave your job to you children if you pass away? This is THE BEST BUSINESS opportunity for people who are looking to be somebody and have the desire to leave a legacy for their family. This company is offering people the opportunity to go in business for themselves (but not by themselves!) and become self-employed helping them understand that there's more to life than working a 9-5 J.O.B. (Just Over Broke) which has them living paycheck to paycheck and in debt!

Primerica pays for the required licenses through the states, the recruit pays $99 for class, their background check and fingerprints (This is required to acquire the license). There is a $25 monthly charge for the awesome tool Primerica provides to their agents, which is online access to the business. Meaning, you can submit all your paperwork through there and get paid faster! (I get a check 2,3 days after the business I close), check the status of your clients accounts, the production and a whole lot more. Although it's great to have and it makes training a new person a much better way it is not required. So with all that being said, let tell you guys a little something that'll probably blow some of you guys away... PRIMERICA DOES NOT PAY ANYONE ON RECRUITING!

We seriously get $0 for recruiting someone, like for real. Recruiting is however, encouraged because once we recruit someone and train them to do the business the recruiter gets an override on whatever the recruit produces, which won't affect the recruits compensation. The point of recruiting is to multiply yourself and be able to have enough people under you making money that you don't necessarily need to go work yourself therefore becoming financially independent, which is what the majority are after and that's why we recruit. Recruits are not require to purchase anything at all!! It is however, encourage since you should be a believer of what that which you preach of.

The people in Primerica are amazing. The big leaders in the company are always there! The CEO is constantly reaching out to us encouraging us to become the better version of ourselves by self-development. The Founder Art Williams is a living legend! He still takes the time to get on conference calls with everyone on the company. You know what you need to do to get promoted throughout every step of the way (What other company lays out the specifics of what you need to get a raise???). There is so much to say about this company and truly we are train to feed this information slowly to our new recruits because we found that a lot of them could get overwhelmed when they are new. I'll leave it here for now...

My husband died on March 18th 2017. His mother had taken out insurance with Primerica in 1988. After she died he took it over. I called the insurance company the Monday after he passed and they said they were sending out a claim form. Well it took a whole week before they sent me a claim form. I had a copy of his death certificate. It's all filled out the claim form. Had it notarized. Sent it off Priority Mail. I called on April 7th and they said the claim has been processed and the check was sent out. It is now April the 17th and I still have not received the check. I called them check to make sure they have the right address because they had sent a letter out 2 weeks after I had sent them the form and the death certificate saying they needed a death certificate.

To make a long story short they’re full of doodoo. I never knew it take so long for something to come but I can tell you now is that I would not have insurance with them if they were the last insurance company on Earth. I never like to complain because things are run by humans but in this case they are totally inept. I'm giving them to Wednesday the 19th to get the check here if not I will call and I will complain and complain and complain till they do something because if I don't receive it within 30 days on day 31, they gotta pay me 10% on it and I don't think they want to pay more than they should so I'm just going to wait but I'm not going to go quietly. And I would say to anybody else if you have insurance with Primerica and you don't get the payments let them know. And if there is ever a lawsuit against them Count Me In.

I joined Primerica because they were the first and only people to actually care enough to TEACH me how money works and other imperative concepts I did not learn in school or anywhere else. They have NEVER pressured me into anything. They say knowledge is power, but APPLIED knowledge is power. If you learn and do nothing with that information there is no progress and that is all a personal decision. The rich stay rich and poor stay poor based on ill-informed sales, greed, keeping people in debt playing on their lack of knowledge in this area, and selling products with no education behind them other than personal gain.

The rule of 72, the harm in waiting to plan and invest, the importance of life insurance to protect family and assets, making sure to always read contracts and policies thoroughly, and being given the education to be able to make decisions based on knowledge, values, and options not just money is beneficial REGARDLESS of who you do it through or for. I was shocked that as an educated woman I had no prior honest experience or information in these areas.

Some of the reviews of this company are based entirely on the MONEY you can or cannot make, and speaks NOTHING to the immense moral value the company places on education. FREE EDUCATION. When I invite people to the overview it is ALWAYS in good faith because my peers, family, community, etc. NEED this information. It is never with the intention to solely recruit them but to expose them to something positive and if it resonates with them - give them the option to move forward with a free FNA, potential part-time/full-time business opportunity, referrals, or just to have learned something new. NO PRESSURE.

I also attend class FOR FREE every Saturday on numerous areas of finance and education. The company, its environment, its outlook, its mission statement, and my RVP is all FOR THE PEOPLE and the ONLY company genuinely concerned with providing options and education to the middle class. Exposing injustices, and correcting horrible wrongs whole life insurance has done to people for years is not a scam, its a good thing!

Seems to me like many of the people with negative reviews on the business side of the company have the same selfish and SCHEMED mindset on wanting to get rich quick, making high commissions by any means necessary whether it is right or wrong for people, wanting to sell products AGAIN providing no education on how they work, etc. which is why it WASN'T FOR YOU. Furthermore, all of the people complaining about the $99 fee that pays for a background check and pre-licensing?! Ninety-nine dollars!? You guys are talking money, money, money yet complaining about a hundred dollars, and an OPTIONAL $25/month to access all of their helping tools, self-improvement audio and books, training material for licensing, videos to help guide your business, a turn-key and streamlined portal to input and execute business, and comprehensive factual answers that debunk all of your false theories.

I was given a clear picture of how everything works on a business and personal side with no smoke screens or facades. I did NOT have to move forward on the business side, but I did because of what we do for families. I got FIELD EXPERIENCE prior to moving forward and took as long as I needed to realize how genuine they are. I am now licensed, and aware that I get paid based on the work I do. Some reviews complain about our Term Life policies being overpriced, yet also speak of the turnover rate and how 'little' people make in the business. Those don't correlate. But considering that perspective, I would conclude that is because for MOST in the company it is not JUST about a dollar amount. If it is just about the money for you and others reading this, you would probably best fit with a company of greed.

Term Insurance pays the lowest individual commissions out of all types of life insurance yet we are able to get people proper coverage based on what they NEED not how much they can afford (how most companies start the conversation) because we don't mask it by being tied as an 'investment'. Life insurance is NOT an investment. The money you make in the company is stack-able and revolving, and it takes GRIND and HUSTLE to do it both of which MOST DON'T HAVE. There is big money to be made with the company, IF you put in the work, and I was made well aware that most DON'T make it because people don't have the capacity to want to grow, stretch, or change. You get paid what you're worth, for the amount of work you do, and for doing THE RIGHT THING. THAT is amazing.

Unfortunately we live in a world where that is usually too good to be true, all so used to being taken advantage of with money and products, that people are now making blind determinations about this company as well. I am 25 years old and now have proper coverage for myself and child (didn't just go with what I was told researched other options on my own as well), have multiple investments for retirement - short term and long term better than ANY bank would offer, and emergency funds. I now feel confident in my financial picture, am almost completely debt free, and based on what PRIMERICA has taught me and others - everything I do and every decision I make is entirely knowledge based.

We are ALL (or should be) smart enough to know that there are bad seeds in any situation, some utilizing this platform for personal gain and that is unfair. It is also unfortunate that some of your bad experiences, for whatever reason, lead you to judge an entire company and spread misrepresentation. I invited two good friends (or so I thought) to an overview JUST for them to learn the financial concepts listed above and they in turn decided I was part of a scam, a pyramid scheme, that I was being taken advantage of and trying to game them, condemned my character and good judgment, made a statement about me as a person and a mother, and LEFT BEFORE IT STARTED. I had never felt so belittled in my life! Come to find out, they got ALL of their information from A BLOG and this site. They made a complete and utter judgment of my intentions from skewed reviews.

From people that have no field experience with the company, who never even got licensed, who sites ** as the number one source of proof. How uninformed and mislead. Some speak of the fact that we don't disclose the name of the company to trick people, however look at the false information they will find if they do, before even seeing how much good we do. People NEED assistance, need advocates, need someone showing them their options and the ins and outs of their current situation and how to better it. If someone is pressuring and forcing this transaction, THEY have their own motives. NOT the entire company. Primerica has been the odd balls of the financial world for 40 years because they have been fighting for the RIGHT thing, for PEOPLE, for education, and for a voice.

Throughout history, anyone or thing that revolutionizes something that goes against the money and greed focused way of the world is always condemned, and you are helping that. You say you do all this research? Research the history of the company, how they were founded and what they went through to do what's right. The people involved with PRIMERICA for the right reasons, the reasons it was intended and thrived for, market and sell EDUCATION, and if someone then takes that knowledge and applies it by putting a beneficial product in place for them and their family, that's how we get paid. PERIOD. I encourage everyone who read this blog and the OPINIONS expressed, to take MY EXPERIENCE to heart and see for yourself objectively. I would love an analytical and impartial response back. Thanks.

Non-payment - My dad died 12/14/2016, all paperwork filed thru funeral home on 12/16/2016. This is 3/1/2017. I have not received my claim. I have on record calling 5 times to be on hold 15-45 min each time, if they answer at all. I have been told a different excuse each time. The newest is they have the wrong address for me, so the check was returned to them, yeah right, but no one called me to reconfirm my address. Ha... They verify your name, claim number, Phone number, DOB of deceased each time you call. But now they have wrong address... This company is a Fraud... must be something to be done. I will not quit.

Don't let some bad reviews stop you from making the best decision of your life. I am a client of the company and have been for several years. Our financial adviser has properly protected our family and set up different accounts for retirement and our children's college savings. They are a blessing and should get so much more credit for their hard work and determination to help the middle class. I do see negative reviews about working with the company and I would suggest taking into consideration who is trying to recruit you.

I have been a member of Primerica as a shareholder (mutual funds) since 1996. I have read a few bad reviews about this company, but my experience has been consistently first-class over the years. I am not reviewing Primerica as an employee or as a life insurance customer, simply as a mutual fund customer. The website and customer service functions are friendly and easy to use. Thank you.

This company is an absolute scam. The recruiter signed me up and withheld important information that there would be more than just a 99 dollar fee. I later found out doing my taxes 7 months later that they have been taking 25 dollars a month in addition to the 99 dollar fee that was supposed to be refunded to me the day after I was signed up and practically lied to. This Steven character is full of ** to put it nicely and his sole interest is scamming and making himself money. ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL. He tried to tell me by signing up with only 99 dollars I would take a test to become a financial advisor with just as much credentials as our family friend who has been a Wells Fargo advisor for years.

I spoke with our family friend and he advised me to beware of this company and the next day I quickly told Steven I wanted nothing to do with his company. He promised a refund of my 99 dollars and I took his word. Later like I said 7 months have gone by and I see that charge of 99 dollars wasn't refunded and there was 25 dollar fees each month that was never explained. They are professional hustlers. BEWARE!!! I am trying to obtain my STOLEN funds and I'm having zero luck. They have stopped answering my calls and emails, and Customer Service is a train wreck. STAY AWAY!

Sat down for an initial policy review and comparison. I was told that their policy was superior, I believed them as I know very little about life insurance. I tentatively agreed to cancel my current policy and begin new policy pending a health exam. I waited a few weeks to schedule the exam, but heard nothing from Primerica or their reps. I got an approval letter from Corporate in the mail a few weeks later and saw money starting to be taken from my account. I still hadn't gotten a health exam which I thought was necessary to be approved. I didn't have a policy in my possession, yet month after month my account was debited.

I made multiple attempts to get my policy delivered, but was ignored. I made attempts to call and email my rep to stop payment on my account as I was paying for two life insurance policies as I had thought the new Primerica policy wasn't going into effect yet. Months later I am still trying to get a hold on my payments and cancel my account. This company is full of moonlighting insurance agents that don't have time for you. I am sooo frustrated with this organization.

I am a client of Primerica, not a representative, and my experience has been superb in all aspects. The company truly stands for what is right for the consumer evidenced by their philosophy of 100% Term Insurance. I believe there is no company out there willing to provide only 100% Term Insurance for its clients even though the commissions are not nearly as juicy as other type of life insurance products. I follow world-renowned Suze Orman and Dave Ramsey and their teachings very much reflect those taught to me by my Primerica representative. I really love their educational approach and their mission helping educate families financially.

My representative is very professional, knowledgeable and truly cares about my financial well-being. Throughout the years he has demonstrated to have a heart of a teacher. Their complimentary and personalized Financial Needs Analysis is an instrumental tool to make you aware of where you are standing financially and what measures need to be taken to achieve your goals. No other company has ever offered me such tool as a complimentary service! I take pride in the Company and the fact that it is highly rated and regarded by reputable organizations such as the Better Business Bureau, A.M Best and Forbes. Overall, I Highly recommend their products and services.

I have been educated and provided so much information from the moment I met my agent. I'm so glad this company exists! This company is rated a+ by AM Best, it is one of the 50 most trusted according to Forbes, and they do 100% what is right for their clients.

Been with this "investment" company for over 7 years. Total waste of time. Gain like $100 in this amount of time. When I went to close the account on January 2017, I was charged a full year of investment $25 and $35 fee for closing it. This company is a total waste of time and money. Customer service rep Grace had no interest in helping. So, if you want to invest your money, do it somewhere else. This company will give you nothing.

The reason I give Primerica 2 stars is because I wanted to make it big. I worked harder & a little more, I saved money & a little more, I wanted it so bad & a little more, I was the last to leave the office & the first to show. Problem is with multi levels the market gets saturated & message watered down. My first 3 months out of the gate I was promoted to district leader. I was top district leader in the state for the next 3 months. We had a trip to South Carolina for fast start training. I was top district leader & I didn't win any awards. I asked why I didn't go on stage like the others. They said "you ain't doing nothing." I guess they were right, my best month as district I made $800 dollars. But at the same time I gave it all I had, and Art Williams said "all you can do is all you can do, but all you can do is enough." And that's what I was doing, I wasn't making money or getting an award. I was crushed...

I got securities licensed and had over 500,000 under management within 2 years. But I couldn't pay the bills. One night I was on a dirt road, my headlight fell out of the socket and I broke down & cried. I tried so hard. and this was my lot in life. My car broke down another time, I was in the most elegant part of town, as I was leaving my car smoked & filled the whole neighborhood with smoke, I pushed the car a few blocks away until my RVP came & got me. I was almost over the hump, I recruited an ex Yankees baseball player. Then 2 weeks later my RVP went off on him & the 30+ people under him we had recruited quit.

I met with another RVP to move my license and network because my RVP was a psycho. But I just didn't have it any me as I was making more in real estate and saw too many broke agents. I kept my license active. My RVP divorced and the wife RVP who stayed active told me to invest all my money in Citi stock. I had 120,000 in Citi stock. Then 9-11 hit. In one week my 120,000 went to 16,000. I was furious and went into depression (It was illegal for her to recommend stock when she is only licensed in mutual funds). I said ** it & let my license lapse.

The reason I gave a 2 is because the motivational talk has helped me in life. Otherwise my experience in many ways has ruined my life. In the 90's while licensed part time with pfs I did real estate full time & made 100,000 plus in real estate 3 years in the 90's. I'm still in real estate & in the 2010's have 2 years of over 100k annual earnings & this year on my way to make 250k plus. I would recommend Primerica to those wanting a positive feeling and to learn about business part time. However, I would recommend that you don't go to the meetings (just like Art Williams founder says). Instead set 3 appointments a day for 3 years (just like Art Williams founder says), save your money over those 3 years, then based on that evaluate your next move.

Also, I have a few past clients around town who are completely financially independent due to the motivation we gave them to save & pay down debt. Also, I paid a 1,000,000 dollar death claim to a spouse of a man who had several businesses in town when I was licensed. I would be willing to join Primerica again, but I would only join direct under a 1,000,000 dollar + annual earner who saw the potential in me & came to my area for 9 months to retrain me. God Bless.

My mom had insurance with this company for years and paid. When she passed on 6/2016 we got papers showing insurance for her children to get a lump sum. I contacted the company, sent her death certificate and they said they couldn't pay because of 1 paper she didn't send in before she died. But she had paid up to the day before she passed. Never will do business with this company. I got my insurance with another company.

Clearly, I can see the bad reviews are from individuals who did not pursue to even get a life license with the state to make income. But yet, they want to sit back and complain that the company is a scam!!! Lol. This company is not for the lazy. Not everyone can do it. Especially people who want their ass wiped. This is for the entrepreneur mind set only! Been licensed 2 months now and made almost 2k part time both months. If you don't want commission pay then stay with your 9-5. It's funny seeing all these bad reviews. Too bad, you guys let a great career opportunity get away. I truly feel bad for you.

As many have said, I also felt for the "Job Interview" invitation. They said they were looking to hire and that was a good candidate. I went, and it was Primerica... I was upset as I attended a previous meeting before in a friend's house. They will PUSH you to provide names of friends and family. Do not give them these numbers. You are not licensed to sell and as such you cannot sell. They just want access to your warm market. Anyhow, Primerica uses MLM marketing similar to Amway, Herbalife, Nuvee, etc. Check Wikipedia: It clearly says they are MLM (some people deny it). According to their own financial reports, the average Salesperson makes about $6,000 a YEAR!

Don't pay attention to Facebook Reviews, I complained and my account was blocked. Check Youtube and you will notice the vast majority of the videos (up to 95%) are about "Recruiting" or introduction to the business or "Success Stories" of how much money they are making. Very few videos about the real business they do, Term Life Insurance. They also claim you do not have to invest in inventory, BUT you have to pay $25.00 minimum for Primerica Online, their Web Application. Furthermore, you most likely feel force to buy their own Life Insurance which is rather overpriced compared to others. Ultimately, the decision to join is yours but if you decide to join, remember to keep the best contacts (family/friends) to yourself. Best wishes.

I was 49 when a customer of my wife's processing company ask for an appointment with her and I to explain his business to us. We learned more in 30 mins with him than we had in our entire life's about finances. We were in a pickle financially and by following his coaching tips and joining the company our lives are forever changed for the better. We qualified for the Regional Vice President's position in just 6 and now not only are we 6 figure income earners but our daughter and son in law are also 6 figure income earners. This company has delivered on every promises and more. But it is a real business. If you don't work it won't pay you like it has us. But know this, if you do it will pay you and give you freedom like most people only dream of.

My father passed away on Nov. 14th and I began his death claim the following day. After calling in they advised me they will be sending out paperwork for me to complete. Well I then decided to contact my representative whom I purchased my father policy through and met with her to get the main paperwork completed and notarized. This was done on 11/17 and I was told it was faxed and FedEx priority to Lynda ** who was appointed to be our adjuster. Well the next week comes and still no paperwork from Primerica. I call them and they advised me they have not received anything from me nor was Lynda in the office for the week. Once again I contacted my insurance rep and she confirmed she spoke with Lynda herself and the paperwork was received. I gave my rep my father’s death certificate on 11/22 and was told that it will be faxed and shipped out the following day.

Since it was a holiday week, I chose to be understanding and will resume the claim on 11/28. On that Monday, I finally received the paperwork that was supposed to be sent out on 11/15 which 2 sheets could've been given to me for my father's doctor to fill out when I originally met with my agent on 11/17. Now I had to chase down my father’s doctor and miss days of work when I had time off 2 weeks before. So my agent gave me a number to fax the paperwork to and I'm assuming it was directly to my adjuster but it went to her! I have yet to hear a single thing from Lynda **. So once again I try contacting Primerica to see where my claim stands and was given very minimal information but was advised I will be getting contacted by a third-party for an phone interview which is fine. My father’s policy was a little less than 2 years so I understand.

All of this happened in a chain of events which threw my entire family off guard. I received that call on 12/1 and then received more paperwork on 12/5. As usual I promptly get all documents in. This is the 4th week of me running in circles with no answer in sight! My agent tells me this is common, but when it comes to someone wanting to put their loved one to rest, there needs to be a better system in hand. A link for all paperwork to be printed by clients, a list of important items to have ready and adjusters contacting and updating families. I am 9 months pregnant and am being as patient as possible but imagine having your father body sitting in a mortuary and your family under distress because he has yet to be laid to rest.

MLM requires two things for participants to make money: recruiting and buying products from the company. Primerica does not require either, which is why I chose to be an independent contractor with me. Primerica is Direct Sales, which means you are an independent contractor with your own business. Yes, they recruit, but that is how they get new people and pay people for the time and energy they put into you. (BTW -- tech companies routinely give bonuses for recruiting.) There is a high cheesiness factor with all the meetings and positive thinking, but none of those activities are required. You are able to conduct your business in any manner in which you choose, as long as you are legally compliant and have high ethical standards.

All licensed agents in California must go through 32 hours of mandatory state licensing. Including 12 hours of ethics training. Primerica offers this licensing at a fraction of the cost of other places. And, it is identical to any other licensing -- because the insurance industry is highly regulated. A person pays $99 for this training, $20 of which goes to your background check.

Finally: some people have complained that they were automatically charged $25 and were not able to cancel. However, as a new rep, I was given a clear option to opt out of this service and told I could get a refund for my first month's subscription. This information was in the TOS, which was not in legal-ease, but in plain English. I also asked my Rep about this requirement, and he told me the same thing. Opting out means you have to go online and cancel. You cannot call. So, those complaints were made by people who did not follow the instructions.

I joined Primerica with the impression of establishing financial freedom. This is false! They are just out to line their pockets! After discovering what the business was really about I can say it was too late. I was forced to pay a membership fee for an app to keep in the loop. Shortly after joining I decided to not continue with them. I called and cancelled my membership so that they can stop charging me with the confirmation that my membership was cancelled and that I would no longer be charged for their app.

After reviewing my bank account I see that they continued to charge my bank account. I called them to see why I was charged. Their customer service is the worse. With sighing and loud talking by the people they have representing them. I am disgusted! After spending hours trying to get my charges reversed and unable to speak to a supervisor. They are denying me a refund for payments I cancelled 3 months ago. The best they can do they stated was to refund me for one month!!! Is this some type of joke of company??? Never again!!!

I want to state Primerica is one of the most trustworthy financial companies out there. They are rated 99% in forbes magazine. They responded when 9/11 hit when other companies sat on their hands. The founder made a public announcement to make sure all underwriters issued payments to the families that where lost in 9/11 accident who were insured with Primerica. Due to act of war terrorism and suicide other companies refused to pay out. I have enjoyed revealing the truth about other companies and the products that are being sold to families that are consider to be "life insurance" when in fact they are loans. I was a victim. If someone is trying to sell you Perm insurance over term please make sure you know what exactly those types of insurances are.

Perm insurances are loans. Dont get suckered in by a life agent who wants to just make a commission off of you. Primerica does whats right for the consumer 100% of the time. I have worked out of the LA office and The riverside office and has been a great experience. The knowledge gain is something no one can take away from me. Its not easy to be a life agent. Primerica has set it up so if you follow the steps you will be successful at what you do but just like your JOB, you have to show up to get paid, you have to put in effort to be successful at this business. It doesnt happen overnight. No one promises you will get rich overnight. Anyone promises you that run away.

Helping families is a great way to make a living and here at primerica is what I have been given the opportunity to do. The first months dont expect to make money right away, get training and get your license so then you can start making the money you desire. I promise you, you wont regret it!! Dont listen to those people who tried it and gave up! Listen to those who tried and are doing it and are successful at it. I promise you they will show you how and give you any information on how you can be where they are at. They are open books! Believe in yourself!!

From start to finish I spent 4 or 5 months in two different offices. I gave it my 110%. I was in a real financial mess. I'm giving them one star because they did have some really good debt management help. I studied really hard. The exams were brutal. Apparently they are in Ontario now. I passed on the first try. I went with two offices. The second one being one that was really successful. Or so I thought. I trained with more than one person. I did about 3? sales.

I did not get paid on my own life insurance. I did not get paid on the seg fund I sold because apparently it's not enough to get paid on I was told. I didn't get paid on the other 2 because I wasn't licensed for mutual funds. I didn't get paid because I'm so low on totem pole. I don't get paid. It's not worth it to cut me a cheque for 5 bucks a month. You are expected to go to consortiums, conferences, events. Wherever you are told they are. No matter how long it is. If it's a weekend in another country or a week, you cover all of your own expenses. All it is is people talking about how rich they are and the audience yelling amen! Like... a cult.

Overall they tell everyone that they would make great agents. They totally have amazing personalities and they can see success in their future. They will make RVP. They pay you some attention too in the beginning. Really make you feel like you belong. They will tell you how much they love your children and how special they are and how much they want you to succeed. Then when they see that you have run out of contacts and they don't like your ideas to generate business. They start to ignore you. I pushed it and said I want to be successful. I got yelled at and told off. I got told they didn't care about anything except making money. I did call the head office. I got told that nobody has time to micromanage someone who has no confidence.

I was so just done after this. I took a breath and I did 2 interviews with two other insurance companies. I wanted to know what the difference was and why Primerica trashes the first one I went to. I had to go through 2 interviews at each one and fill out a really long personality questionnaire. The first one turned me down. The second one thought I was great. This was a job interview I had to go through.

Primerica is great to get your license. It's a really cheap way to do it. Their products are legit. Maybe expensive but they are legit. That's where it ends. They changed the LLQP because of Primerica. They mass recruit and tell everyone they are great when they aren't and then it wasn't too hard to pass the exams. Now the exams are really hard so it puts a damper on what Primerica does.

I really wanted to believe in the company but I can't. If you go to a few interviews with different companies you will see a big difference in the professionalism in the agents. They dress more professionally. They drive better cars. I was training with a guy who had been there for over 7 years and drove a crappy old car. How come after that much time you aren't making big bucks? I think if you want to get licensed through them it's great! I'd leave right after. It's next to impossible to make any money. Their failure rate is unbelievably high. I can only get a job in the industry because I already have a license if I didn't I probably wouldn't. So if you are serious I would recommend Primerica just to get a license then leave quickly! Don't look back!

Primerica Company Profile