1.86/5
Based on 41 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Primerica

Primerica, Inc. (Primerica) is a Main Street Company for Main Street North America. Our mission is to help families earn income and become properly protected, debt free and financially independent. We are a leading distributor of financial products to middle-income households in the United States and Canada. Primerica provides an entrepreneurial business opportunity for individuals to become licensed and distribute our financial products.

Through our network of independents contractor agents, Primerica representatives assist clients in meeting their needs for term life insurance, mutual funds, annuities and other financial products that are tailored to appeal to middle income consumers. We are dedicated to helping our clients and representatives achieve their financial goals and welcome the opportunity to address and resolve all consumer questions and concerns. For more information on contacting Primerica directly, please visit the Contact Us page of our website at www.primerica.com.

FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 17, 2018

422 Primerica Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

If you want to waste your time, go for it. I would not recommend this company to anyone, it's not credible in my book regardless of the credible companies they associate with, it makes those companies uncredible because Primerica is the biggest scam next to Kirby Vacuum's sales. I spend over 200 dollars on their stupid membership and background check fees. I wasted three days of their STUPID classes to get a license, and wasted two days a week listening to their rehearsed brainwashed lectures.

I worked out of VALERIE and Vin Fin's firm. They are so strange. They seemed SO sweet when you first meet them but as soon as you get your license they turn into SHARKS. I tried quitting after one week and she would not let me, so I stayed another two months and wasted even more of my time. This company is a joke and I wish I never knew about it. Life insurance sales is a joke. Get a real job people so you don't have to deal with people who try to scam you into their stupid business.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Well at the surface I believe Primerica has good intentions they are really shady. What the offer in terms of life insurance and savings is great but their business model is flawed. For one they try and claim to be on the doorstep of an amazing breakthrough that is set to become the next Facebook, Google, or Apple. That doesn’t add up since they got started in 1977 which is nearly 40 years ago. We all know FB, Google, and Apple were major success almost overnight and anyone and everyone knows who and what they are, large parts of America still wouldn’t know what Primerica is without someone explaining it to them. Two, if they were as great as they say you would be able to use the Primerica name alone to sell insurance to people, just like if someone were to say I have a position for you at Google or Apple where you can potential make millions they wouldn’t hesitate.

However, Primerica has a bad rep and they earn it. They're pushy most of the time insensitive and do whatever it takes to get you involved with their business. If Primerica was actually as awesome as they try and make themselves out to be then their name would speak for itself especially after 40 years. They tell you when you're selling and trying to get sales reps under you that it’s not sales and to not tell people that it’s for OR that you're with Primerica. That alone is shady and proves that they need to work on their image and name credibility more than anything else. I have been approached three different times to be a part of this business and each time I have turned it down. You say things to their reps and literally see them the next day and they don’t remember things you said.

While that can be a personal problem the larger overarching problem is that it shows that they're not paying attention 'cause they only care about the bottom line which is money. I think Primerica is great in terms of what they sell. Their life insurance is pretty awesome but their approach to business and sales is not healthy. They would be better off becoming a more traditional company like a bank than sending people through the ringer in a very similar fashion that Pyramid schemes do. If you want to be sales don’t care about losing friends and you have zero other passions than just making money and helping other people do okay in life savings then so be it. It’s for you. It is not for people that spent years in school for whatever their passion is that want to have a career in their area of study. Go do you went to school for. Don’t get roped into something that isn’t for you because of the shiny penny on the other side.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I've had insurance with this company for over 20 years, after become disable they lied that they had no waiver of payment only to find out that they do. Now after a few years of having the payment waiver they come now and ends my life insurance. This company is full of games and lies. Please find another insurance company to deal with, they will have your payment and out of the blue end your coverage.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

In December 2016, signed up for Primerica when I was unemployed and was fully committed to selling insurance. I was so impressed with the company I bought an life insurance policy as well. In January 2017, I was hired full time and stopped working with Primerica due to a lack of time. In March 2017, I noticed a two reoccurring charges (POL business account and Primerica Life insurance Policy) from Primerica and immediately cancelled my POL business account online before the next billing cycle.

In December 2018 I noticed that I was still being charged for my POL business account even though it was cancelled in March. When I contacted Primerica they gave me the runaround claiming my account was never charged then claiming they never received my request. I am truly disgusted with the way Primerica has handled my refund request. They have been extremely rude to someone who is an Licensed Insurance agent and was planning to renew his account.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

My daughter got kill and Primerica Insurance only pay for her basic insurance I had on her. But my agent told me that they was waiting on what police report said and they should pay me accidental death. Then weeks later told me my check was in and that Primerica doesn't do accidental death. What insurance that does not pay accidental death insurance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Primerica?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I was called out of the blue after applying for a job website. A man by the name of Luther called offering me a potential job at an "open house" for his financial services company. I came to the open house, and there were 3 other people who also came. We all noticed that we had been called out of the blue by somebody who did not mention the name of the company. We say through a couple of very generic "get rich quick" slideshows. They were clearly marketing a pyramid scheme. Your join the company, pay a monthly fee to "own your own business", and recruit others into it.

The slides made it seem like the average Joe/Jane could make tens of thousands of dollars without much work at all. Do yourself a favor and Google "pyramid scheme" or "multi-level marketing". I told the Primerica hacks before I left the meeting that they should be ashamed of themselves for trying to take advantage of regular working people. Primerica is a scam of a company that lies to your face to steal your money. DON'T BE FOOLED.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Do NOT sign up with company!!!! In ERROR I signed up with this company in September, I changed my mind and called 1st thing in the morning. I had to deal with someone coming to my home again to complete papers to sign, and then they cancel the insurance but do not bother to cancel the enrollment so since then they keep taking $25 from my account and no matter how many times we call to cancel they keep taking MY MONEY!!! On top of it all every time we call we get some ** on the line who gets on a high horse claiming how FABULOUS this company is... WHAT A JOKE...

If you want to get rich by taking advance of others then I guess this is the job for you! So far thanks to these crooks I am out $100 and according to the last jerk I spoke to I will not see those funds back. Makes me sad to see there are companies still able to operate like this and rip off those of us who live pay check to pay check just to pad their wallets with our hard earned money!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Do NOT sign up with company unless you want to sell to your friends and family. I in ERROR signed up with this company in July, on a Friday, changed my mind and called 1st thing Monday morning. They informed me that they would not give me back my $125.00 because I did not take the classes. Then they started taking $25.00 a month from me. I have been trying for MONTHS to get them to give it back to me with NO response. This is a HORRIBLE company and their customer service is terrible. All I can figure is whoever is leaving the good reviews must be high up in the company. DON'T waste your time or money.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Very happy with Primerica's ability to customize life insurance policies and investing. Bigger companies laughed at my tiny $15k I wanted to invest. Primerica treats a client with $100 the same as someone with $5 million. Everything is customized to fit your income, expenses, goals and needs for retirement. Pretty cool stuff.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I see a lot of reviews and negativity regarding Primerica. To my experience with them, I have not had one bad experience at this point. I will not go on about how amazing the company is, because they are wonderful. If you are looking to become your own boss or want to make a difference in your career, then try them. Your license is through the State of Florida, nothing FAKE about that, they provide your course study material and so much more. I would not say that it is not hard, it is surely a hump over the road in getting where you want to be at as far as a financial comfort zone. The process is totally up to you and the effort of getting there depends on the how much you put into it.

I have read reviews on how bad other companies are, and at the end of the day, no one is perfect or most will never be completely satisfied. Most of us shop at stores that we promised we would never shop in again, but end up there anyway because it has what you need, located near you or when no other stores supply the merchandise that you are in need of. Your thoughts and concerns will help Primerica succeed by continuance growth in becoming more successful.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Woman called setting up a random interview saying I was referred. Being suspicious and alert I did research. I looked up the address she gave me and looked it up in the Denver Business Tax lookup site and it said the suite was registered to Prime America. Looked at these reviews and called back the agent named Anna. Cancelled our interview and she got super rude. Scamming people (tried to use name Moody and Associates) is rough. Don’t fall for it and do your research. I’m glad I did before wasting my time.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

This company has repeatedly lost documents that we have sent in stating they never received them. (Everyone else seems to receive the mail I'm sending.) They withdrew 4 payments out of my account in one month without authorization. When they were confronted about the issue they stated it was a computer issue and they would refund immediately but my husband would need to go in and sign a document first. (You screwed up and we have to drive to your office to sign a document to fix it?). Needless to say, we still have not seen this refund. This company is a scam! Also, they do not have a customer service number where you can actually speak to a representative. Their 1-800 number gives you the option to speak to one and then it gives you an Email address and some other information and not a live person! DO NOT PURCHASE LIFE INSURANCE THROUGH THESE PEOPLE!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I had a son with special needs. I originally had insurance through American Family Insurance for $15,000 which was all that they could approve for him with his condition. That was fine, I would've had what I needed to bury him. I met an agent while working that told me he could get me more for my son because he was a Vice President and at a lower rate. I let him take care of the paperwork which he said he would and my stupid butt let him. He lied on the application about my son's condition so of course the insured amount increased. And of course when everything settled I got denied because the company said he was never eligible for the insurance so they weren't paying out.

I will not be doing business with Primerica ever again. Apparently after reading reviews they do whatever is possible not to pay out... My recommendation is to keep at least $10,000 in a savings account so your friends and family can bury you. Life insurance companies do not make money by paying out claims. I had my other life insurance for 2 years before I cancelled it and they knew everything. Do not trust these agents. They do what they need to do to make the commission... POINT BLANK. PERIOD.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Just to let anyone out there that is thinking of purchasing Life Insurance from Primerica - they are not completely truthful - bought a policy 15 years ago (for 20 year term) and signed on with tiered levels - at 10 years and 15 years, part of the coverage would drop off as I would not need as much and the premium would drop accordingly. I decided to keep the 10 year tier (5 years ago) and my premium went up $5/month, did not think much about it. What they did not say was that the premium would be recalculated at the current day rate instead of staying the same.

This year the 15 year tier was up for cancellation so I decided to drop off both tier 10 and 15 for $79,000. My premium did not go down the $20 I was told and is now $101/per month instead of the $85/month. Do not buy if it is tiered!!! Your premium may stay the same or increase instead of decreasing with less coverage!!! My original policy was for $500,000 for $106/month. Needless to say, I am cancelling my policy with PRIMERICA and going with a different company at a lower rate!!! Don't need $500,000 anyway now - I AM DEBT-FREE!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I met this supposedly "nice woman" and out of nowhere she starts telling me if I would like to gain extra income. I knew from the start she was trying to sell me something. Seeing the building I was in, I asked her if she was with Primerica. She stated yes and that she was one of the greatest leaders in the office that she works in. In my mind, I had this positive outlook that she was very confident in her abilities.

She then asks if I knew anything about the company? I stated that from the reviews I have read, they have been nothing good and I think it would be best if we not have a conversation about joining the team. I know what I said was to the point, but her response actually shocked me. She stated, "Great, I appreciate it! I'm sorry you are not open-minded to bettering yourself." If she is a salesmen, would it not be wise to convince me the reviews were false and Primerica was the greatest thing since sliced bread? Nope, she insulted me. So, she solidified the negative reviews of Primerica for me. I would not recommend this company to anyone in this country.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My premium was $199.23 per month. In July it went to $1051.66. Contacted agent, took him 2 weeks to return my call. He sent a form for me at premium of $467.00 and reduced my insurance to $250,00. to $,150,000. Claims he didn't get the form. Filled Out and mailed and, this one set premium at $287.00. When policy was sent to me the premium was $653.00. They have taken $4204.00 from my account.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My husband recently passed away so I called about getting my husband's insurance money situated, to my shocking surprise he doesn't have one! Well that's a shocker because 7 years ago we signed up for life insurance. They said he needed to do a saliva swab so he did it, our insurance agent said that in 33 years no one has ever failed so we will be fine. We were led to believe that once the swab was taken we were insured but that was incorrect because supposedly he failed is what the agent is saying but Primerica is saying they never received it.

I'm complaining because I called two years ago and was told by the agent that we were fine everything was good and now my husband is dead and I am broke with three small children. I have contacted them and they keep sending me the same paper that we signed about his pending saliva swab, it is ridiculous and now I have to hire a lawyer because I am getting nowhere and my agent won't even help me.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

My husband passed away, leaving an almost drained Primerica mutual fund. It had $139 in it and being the executor, all I wanted to do was close the account. I met with a "vice president" of my area at my local bank to take care of this process. He failed to get the proper paperwork from me while he had access to certified copies, notaries and all the correct documentation. Therefore, I got a rejection letter from Primerica, saying I needed to send more documentation. I contacted the vice president for assistance.

He met with me at my house and just tried to sell me his wonderful products that I had never heard of. I sent him packing since I realized he had withheld information at the bank in order to meet with me again just to pitch a sale to me. So, after I sent more documentation, expecting this to go smoothly (we are only talking $139 here), I got yet another letter asking for more documentation. I quit. I spent time and money on postage that I will never get back, but at least I don't have to see the name Primerica again.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I was introduced by a lady in my church and deciding that I want to take the life insurance and do the investment as well, next thing I know they invited me to a meeting. I went to the meeting listened all about how they make a $100000 a year and so on. At the end of the meeting the guy sending out an application for us to put our account # so we can start working with the company. I didn't fill out the application. I took it. Went home with it. The next day those Primerica people went to my account. Withdrawn money from my account as if I signed the application. I believe it's a scam because I never sign the application or filled anything out.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I am still recovering from what happened today. I had an interview today. Not really even know what it was for. I was stupid in a way not telling from their job ad what this was really about. I was told to come in and ask for a woman whose name I will not disclose here. There was a woman in the front who I found out was the lady I was supposedly meeting with! She didn't even introduce herself once I told her who I was. Bizarre and unprofessional.. I met with a man (not even sure what his name was). He pulls me into the room for our "interview". He asks me what I do for a living. He then starts bashing what I do for a living very lightly. He starts asking me what my dream house and dream car are. Again, I should have known right off something was very shady. I gave him some answers after feeling under extreme pressure. He then gets a catalog and begins explaining to me about investments and life insurance.

So there you go. I am going to be selling insurance products to people. I'm assuming they are cold calls or whatever. Here's the worst part. He then asks me for 10 people names and numbers!!! I can see right through the **!! He wants to get sales of course! Scumbag. I give him one name and number and then I finally tell him "look, I'm not interested in this. Have a good day, goodbye. Oh, and don't call her please." He tells me to not call back. "Trust me pal, I won't." The other thing that bothers me is they have my information which I know legally they can't do anything with. I'm sure their products work for some people who are looking into retirement or investing or something. I am begging job seekers, please be careful. That is all.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

The reason a lot of people don't succeed in Primerica is because of work ethic. I worked Primerica starting part-time and in my second year, I earned $70,000 in income working part-time and still working a full-time police job. I then left the police department and took a promotion to Regional Vice President and run my own office in Pennsylvania. I am on track to cross over $100,000 in rolling 12 month income next month. So Primerica changed my life. I paid my $99 and my $25 to come on board to cover all of my financial licenses.

What a great investment to make that kind of money. It makes me laugh that people think Primerica is a scam when they have A+ ratings with Better Business Bureau, AM Best, publicly traded on the NYSE, and have been rated one of the most trustworthy financial companies by Forbes Magazine. Consider who has more credibility, someone who never did anything in the business or the above sources. If you are motivated and have a work ethic, you definitely can win in Primerica!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Passed my life insurance test in 4 days, yes they paid for it. Made $3,446 my first month, did not recruit one person. Was on business trips for my job for most of my second month with the exception of the last week of the month, wasn't able to do any sales but recruited 5 people, did not make a dime--proof that the $124 doesn't go to pay the recruiter or anyone else. 3rd month made almost $1,000 just in overrides from my team's sales (this does not include my personal sales income). My aunt, who is a new real estate broker, made $2,663 from the overrides on the sales of her team--proof that the Primerica business model works just like a real estate broker but FROM DAY ONE. My cousin joined and quit, got a refund. Proof that the $124 is refundable and that we want people who want to be here, it does us no good to recruit a quitter.

Wife and I have both since left our jobs and are working Primerica full time now getting ready to open our own office with a team of 50+ agents poised to do the same. Being an Engineer, research is your life and doing good, credible research is bred into you. As an Engineer, if you don't do that kind of research, bridges collapse, buildings topple, people die. I applied that same trait to my research of Primerica. The more you research this company the more truth you see. Good, positive, truth. That aside, fact is that my wife and I would never own our jobs and we would be working for someone else for life. Why do we want to own everything else in life but not our income? We work 30+ years while paying off our house and we can sell our house, can't sell our jobs. That makes no sense. That is not for me, nor my wife, nor my kids.

There is no risk with Primerica. It is SO simple and RISK FREE to own what you do here and you do it helping people who would otherwise be overlooked by the industry and struggling in the future. Most of the negative comments about Primerica online are related to someone not liking their trainer or RVP, yet somehow they chose to get involved with them in the first place and it's the trainer's our RVP's fault somehow. Or they had an issue with the $124, which if you didn't get your refund, your fault, also if $124 is a lot of money for you then there is something very wrong with the choices you've made to date and you shouldn't have quit but rather learned something about finances at least. But hey, quitters always quit everything don't they? Or someone realized that like any business, it takes hard work.

And also like any business you want everyone to know what you do, like what you do, and support what you do ESPECIALLY FAMILY, and somehow they've conveniently misconstrued this as some sort of red flag in an attempt to discredit the company and alleviate the painful truth that they themselves were the reason it didn't work out. Or someone didn't like the idea of someone brand new talking about finances, yet they fail to realize that the principles taught are very fundamental (how would Primerica do any business if it were rocket science and clients couldn't understand) and there is always someone in the office experienced and qualified (legally mind you) to go with a brand new person and discuss anything needed with anyone.

Beware of negative comments. Primerica is rated 2.6 stars on this site. Go look at Microsoft, Apple, Nike, HP, Samsung, Dell, Toyota. 7 of the most popular names in business, all with worse ratings than Primerica. But how much do you love your iPhone, Shox, or Camry? Get the point? Primerica is an amazing company with amazing products and even more amazing business opportunity.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I'm really confused by the reviews. All the reviews, says nothing about why they feel it's a scam. All the reviews I read, was they're a scam because the rep was a jerk, or their trainer was insincere. What does that have to do with company itself? I haven't read a review by someone that was a client of Primerica, and their services did not deliver. They told you they had this, but it was really this. I was approached by a recruiter. I listened to what he had to say, and I asked question. Clarification questions. I use to sell AFLAC (which was fricking amazing), so I understood how it worked a little.

What I do know, it doesn't matter how many times you tell someone something, they will hear what they want to hear. Even the young lady who had the problem with her fees. That's a question I asked up front. The $124 is for the background check, the class, and the test for your license. I was surprised they refunded anything. Normally a 2 day class for life and annuities is $200+, and the test is about $150. Them charging $124 is awesome. Haven't decided if this is something I want to do yet, but I don't think it's a scam.

Original review: July 13, 2017

So I got recruited inside the market, it's so funny to read all the reviews of the complainers that never got licensed or got a first "No" and decided, this is a scam... LOL. (So they stay broke and keep living pay check to pay check... Making someone else's dream come true. That's what you do when you are an employee). My question to reader is this, if Primerica is a scam/pyramids scheme, then how is it legal for a Los Angeles Police Officer to Join and work in building a company with Primerica. Want to know the answer, BECAUSE PRIMERICA IS NOT A SCAM. I served in the U.S. Marines for several years and even put my life in the line for many Americans who now enjoy their freedom (completed a tour in Iraq). I've also work in the finest Police agency that exist in the world LAPD.

But since I'm a climber and always take advantage of GREAT opportunities, I joined PRIMERICA few years back (5yrs). I'm still in the game and have learned, thanks to PRIMERICA and the extra income I bring home, I've learn many money rules that now have me debt free and with good savings and on track with an awesome retirement. PRIMERICA is really teaching middle income families outstanding money rules that no one else is doing. BUT for ME the best is the opportunity to leave my full time career to build my own business (you can stay at your job and be broke. I chose to change my security for freedom cause I fought for it... Lol).

The truth is you can join PRIMERICA and make some part-time income or you can choose to build a business. BUT if you are a quitter, you probably will quit at anything you do. (and you would probably experience divorce too because that's what quitters do instead of learning how to change and be better.) You can learn a new business which requires change in a person or simply stay stuck at your JOB and keep complaining. I love this business and will continue to grow it! GOD bless you! Go to school, get a "GOOD JOB" and retired broke and continue working another job after your retire at age 70 like many others... Or build a business and be FREE. It's the land of opportunities but only to those who take advantage of it. Winners keep trying until they Succeed, Losers complain! And complain! And complain more... It's your choice! YOU CAN ONLY FAIL IF YOU STOP TRYING!

Original review: July 1, 2017

Walks into my business that I own, says I look very nice, says love the color of my shirt! Ok wow thought this guy is being sincere. Looks at his shirt and notice it says PRIMERICA. After he makes his $1 soda purchase says "Hey we need people like you. How about I show you how to invest and make money," talks down on me like I'm poor or something or uneducated. No thanks, I own this property and I'm doing well.

Then says, "you're wasting your time and investment into this". WOW really? You're telling an owner of a multimillion property that consistently gets hundred of customers a day that the owner is wasting his time? Then ask me I need life insurance before asking me if I have one. No thanks I have one already and I have multiple policies both convertible & whole terms already and it's New York Life and they have a high reputation. Then tells me NYL is bad and they charge a lot of hidden fees, and take your money. No they don't, my dad passed away, he had NYL and NYL was 100% honorable to their policies' terms of what my dad signed up for.

What a imbecile loser this PRIMERICA rep is. Don't know crap and already bashing on other companies' policies. Real skill if you want people to come to you they go looking for you, they know you thru your rep they dont need to hear you bash other companies so you can gain. That's the real **. Then tells me to "TRY TO HAVE A NICE DAY," like he thinks I'm having a bad day. Gets my number cause I feel sorry for him and ask me if can he come to by the station and go over with me how to invest. I said "no, I'm doing fine." Leaves the store and says I'm putting my money to waste. EPIC FAIL of class, integrity, and I'm sick of these people. Drives away in a $15,000 Kia next to our 100k Porsche and says I need to invest.

What a joke, is that how you guys get people to join your cult? Lack of respect, class, and think y'all know it all. IN LIFE what you put in it is what you get out of it. HARD works pays off. There are no shortcuts in life. Be a owner, learn a trade, or go work for high pay. None of this recruiting crap, pyramid crap. Oh yea and I read all the reviews online of PRIMERICA seems like a lot of customer complaining about how you guys are not paying off the life insurance to the families that sign up for your PRIMERICA life policy. Why is that??? JOKE.

By the way I am a former member of PRIMERICA. I joined it back when I was in a college and I did worked full time dedicated to it to give it a try. It's a joke, a scam, and your success depends on recruiting others and they have a lot of empty promises. Everyone that I knew that signed up or once did it no longer does it today, and they went out and got real jobs, real skill, EDUCATION or went to own their own business.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I've read many negative reviews about Primerica and most of them are disgruntled about the same thing. The $99 background check fee and the reoccurring $25 for access to the tools to run your business. Even if the agent didn't fully explain it in a way you could understand, it is in the application twice. So these people are definitely not reading before they sign because it states it in big letters about the fees and the frequency. There are not many businesses out there that you can start for only $124. The reoccurring $25 is not mandatory. It's nice to have though. Because you can keep track of your clients and their policies. If you decide to recruit (also not mandatory) and build a team it helps to keep track of them and their progress. It's also the tools we use to do our life and health insurance and investment applications if licensed in those areas.

Access to our partner sites, our complimentary Financial Needs Analysis tool, free website, company email. Additional product training, access to the free Securities License training course and videos, and so much more that I can't even think of them all. So well worth the $25 a month which by the way can be deducted out of your commissions instead of your bank account once licensed. But again it's not mandatory, but very, very helpful to run your business unless you want to do everything on paper which is fine, but takes a lot longer to process and get paid. Each office is independently own and run different, but I know they all do weekly trainings and would've gotten a lot more information by attending them and asking questions, instead of asking a friend or family member who knows nothing about our company.

This business is definitely not for everyone especially if they do not understand the concept of leveraging your time by building a team and being part of a modified brokerage system. Everyone seems to be hung up on the recruiting aspect which is not mandatory, but if you're trying to become financially independent quicker it would help. Other insurance agencies recruit, but the overrides go directly to the General Agent. In our company every person who recruits someone is the General Agent of their business. We do not get paid to recruit people, we don't take any money from our teammates earnings, we are paid from the company's earnings.

Companies hire recruiters to find people to work for them, the military has recruiters, and they are not considered MLMs. Real Estate brokers have agents who work under them but are not considered MLMs. Just because our business model is a little different from other insurance agencies does not make our company a scam or an MLM. We are out to help everyone get ahead and make money, and not just the General Agent. We encourage everyone to open their own offices because we're are not in competition. Other insurance agencies are not going to help their agents start their own office because they will be losing income and creating competition.

As far as the timelines of getting a check when a loved one passes, that I cannot really speak on except that each case is different. If there are some questions regarding the cause of death and if the insured had the illness before getting the policy, the insurance company is going to investigate to make sure there was no misrepresentation going on, because people do tend to leave illness off their applications that sometimes are discovered later, and if the insurance company had originally known they would've been denied or premium increased. Unfortunately every company has slow and incompetent people, and it shouldn't reflect on the company as a whole.

I encourage you to do the same search and reviews on other insurance companies and you will see some similar issues and others that are much worse. I've read them and I'd rather work with and deal with Primerica over them anytime. NO company or person is perfect and it is naive to think that they will please every person 100% of the time.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I know this company isn't a scam, but it is a scheme. A clever one at that, but a scheme nonetheless. Look, for some people? Primerica may be good money for you, it may be your shot, it could be your claim to riches and glory, or the key to bigger money. But, ultimately it depends on how empty your head is. Listen, I've been around the block, and I know when people are being straight with me, I tried this company, I REALLY did. But ultimately what killed it for me was how annoying my leader was. She wasn't a bad person, but she had a quirk that I just simply could not stand. She was fake as ** when it came to delivering the idea that she was interested in you. Imagine you're talking to somebody about something, and at the beginning of the sentence they just laugh like it's supposed to be funny? Okay, one time is fine? But then you notice they are doing it to a point where its repetition becomes mechanical.

Look, I don't think my leader was a bad person, but her personality was so synthetic to the point where it became stressful for me to be around her. [Brainwashing] Okay, so... Look... Primerica prides itself on having the 2nd highest paid employees in America, and that's sweet and all, but there is a catch. First off, everyone needs to stick together, and the leaders keep everyone on a tight leash. Every week there are pow-wow sessions where they essentially circle jerk one another and shame people who have quit. Using terms like: "We're building a business!" so much so that I think I need a break from the word business. Always a story about somebody who quit: "If they don't care about building a business." Language is important, everyone there probably believes it too. One of the leaders even let it slip that "Primericans never lie." I'm not even gonna open that can of worms.

[Their Interests >Your interests] They call you every week or every two days, they don't take you seriously when you tell them things like you have exams and they WILL prioritize their interests over yours. I had a calculus exam on Monday, they invited me to this trip to the Pocono's, they INSISTED. I would have a place to study. No place to study, the penthouse we had was full, and we went to 8 hour pow-wows each day where we were expected to cheer and applaud and represent our squads. It was a daunting experience and I was honestly insulted by the misleading, I took it up with my leader, she just told me if I was going to study I would have studied.

I was not happy about that 1 bit. I already felt a certain type of way about her that was not good, this did not get her any points. Overall? Primerica is not a scam, but if you are a person with critical-thinking skills and options? You really should not touch this one. Primerica has its benefits, but it's for a certain type of person and that's just how it is. I did not have a particularly good experience with it, as they probably expected me get into the money and drop out of school.

Not happening, I'm going to build MY business but I'm not going to build a (Primerica's) business.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I was approached months ago at my present job (I work in retail) by a gentleman. After casual conversation he asked if I was interested in making some extra money or knew someone who did. At the time I was busy so I said, "Not right now." He was very nice and said, "Give me your number and I'll keep in touch." Speed up to about 2 weeks ago he called me and explained who he was in a VM. Anyways I returned his call and told him "Yes I was looking for part-time​ work" and I went in for an interview at 11200 Westheimer Road Houston TX for an interview. He said Primerica was a financial company looking to help families get out of debt and financial independent. I told him "I don't know about financial advising." He said I will be fully trained etc.

The interview went well, I asked him if I would have to call up people, he said "no" because they work on referrals. I went back for a second interview the next day with I guess all the other applicants where we were given an overview of the company with debt statistics and how we can help as advisors. I then sat down with the head of the company who explained how the payment works but I first have to be licensed, and have a background check which is $99 and they are not allowed to pay it for me, and $25 to have access to the study tools so I can do my exam to be licensed. I went back then the following day to give my info to start this part time job.

I filled out paperwork which asked for references which I supplied with phone numbers, I was told that even though it's recommended to use the their online website only the first month $25 is compulsory because it's to gain access to study materials to get licensed. I was hesitant about the money but Chris ** my recruit assured me if I changed my mind after paying within 30 days I could be refunded my money so I went ahead and gave him my CC info on May 24th 2017. After going to my first training session where I found out I was going to be required to recruit people into the business and where my hands on training would be the references I gave and the amount of time I would have to put in especially after my one on one with Chris the next day, I left the office that day and I decided it was not for me, I did not think it was a scam.

Everyone I met was very nice and helpful, so on May 26th I sent Chris a text message to let him know I did not want to waste his time as I now think it's not for me. I wished him and his colleagues the best and I asked about my refund. When I had sent messages before I got back an answer within 5 mins. but this time nothing, I know his phone was giving a bit of trouble so I sent an email and this is now May 27th as I write this and there has been no response from Chris. He did say to me that my account was not set up with a recurring payment of $25 so I hope that is the case. I will try calling or going to the office to see if I get back my $124 but I don't think I will be successful.

I write this review to let people know who are approached by Primerica that you are not given the entire story upfront as I don't think it is a scam and I guess you can make good money if you're willing to put in the work. It's just unfortunate that once you decide it's not for you how they change and would not give your money back as promised or even take your calls. I have nothing in writing and that's my fault but I will try to get my money back. If I do I will post it here.

Updated on 06/04/2017: After persistently calling the recruiter, he finally took my call and I asked him if I can be refunded my $124 as 2 days after my first training session I realized it was not for me. I was not comfortable using family and friends for "on hands training sessions" which was really a disguised recruiting process. He told me yes and gave me a telephone number to call and a solution code to use when I called. I immediately did this. The gentleman on the line was professional and explained the $25 would be refunded in 2 days but I would need to go online and request a refund for the $99 which I did.

I got back and email saying they got my request and another one later in the day saying my request was processed. I can report I was refunded $25 and $69. I guess the $30 they kept was for the background check which in Texas is between $20 and $50. I believe I was not told everything upfront about how this company works. But I am pleased my time with them is over and I got back most of my money. Hopefully no issues will arise with taking money out in another month but I do have an email saying everything was cancelled. I hope it stays that way.

Original review: May 26, 2017

My father died on 2/26/2017 and till this day we haven't received any answer. My mom has gone through hell to give them all of the documentations they asked for, and interviewed through them. There is even a 3rd party company reviewing this. It's 5/26/2017 and we still have no response. It's hard dealing with a family tragedy like this and in top of it this company doesn't help the grief. My dad was the one who worked, my mom has never worked in her life so this money would help her a lot. But they are making it so difficult for her to even get it. Bad company. Don't buy from them or even invest your time in listening to their **.

Original review: May 24, 2017

My wife suddenly died almost four months ago and I still not receive the payment of the insurance. No death compensation money receive. They keep sending me letters that are collecting information from hospitals she visited. When I first signed to acquire the insurance death for my family I took it thinking that if I died she could use that money to overcome the financial crisis my death will cause in my family, now I see if I was the one that dies probably my wife and kid would lose their home. I know there's a procedure to investigate all, but I believe 4 months is enough time.

Primerica Company Information

www.primerica.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use