2.82/5

Looking for a life insurance company?

Primerica

Primerica, Inc. (Primerica) is a Main Street Company for Main Street North America. Our mission is to help families earn income and become properly protected, debt free and financially independent. We are a leading distributor of financial products to middle-income households in the United States and Canada. Primerica provides an entrepreneurial business opportunity for individuals to become licensed and distribute our financial products.

Through our network of independents contractor agents, Primerica representatives assist clients in meeting their needs for term life insurance, mutual funds, annuities and other financial products that are tailored to appeal to middle income consumers. We are dedicated to helping our clients and representatives achieve their financial goals and welcome the opportunity to address and resolve all consumer questions and concerns. For more information on contacting Primerica directly, please visit the Contact Us page of our website at www.primerica.com.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

459 Primerica Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Just read and learn about Financial Services and then come back to write your review. I get all my licence in this company and there is no other company like this one, the best compensation plan, the best product and the best company.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

My girlfriend's cousin is one of their, for lack of a better word, salespeople. She was over for dinner one day and started up her sales pitch and I immediately recognized it as a pyramid scheme. As she was going through everything they offered I really wanted no part of it but I had been looking into life insurance and I decided to see what kind of quote she could offer me. So she did some math and we agreed to $650,000 with a $15,000 rider for my girlfriend and 2 $10,000 riders for our 2 children. After filling out the information the monthly premium she came up with was $68/Month. I thought that was reasonable so I signed up and paid for the first month on the spot.

We set up an appointment and a nurse came to my house and drew blood and took a urine sample and everything seemed fine. One month later I was reviewing my bank account and noticed the premium hadn't been withdrawn. I thought it was odd so I logged on to my Primerica and noticed it said my monthly premium was now $171/Month and I was only covered for $434,000. I called her to ask and she told me that because I had a student pilot license and had flown an airplane, 3 years ago at that point, I was being charged an extra $2.50 for each $1000 dollars I was insured for as well as them taking the $250,000 of life insurance I have through work into account when calculating my insurance need.

I told her I wanted to cancel the policy because I was now being charged TWO AND A HALF TIMES AS MUCH FOR TWO-THIRDS THE COVERAGE. She then told me she would call her "boss" and see what she could do. She then brought some paperwork for me to sign which said that my premium would drop to $168 a month for the first two years and then drop to $58 dollars a months after. That sounded much better but I thought I could probably do better elsewhere. Upon further inspection I found that doing so would also drop my insurance to $125,000. I'm still waiting to hear back from her after telling her I still want to cancel.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

First and foremost, I have been a client since 2005. At the time I was 22 and my husband was 23 and we had a 2 month old baby. I was looking for life insurance when someone referred us to someone... I thank God he was a Primerica agent! We wanted life insurance but what we got was a financial education and an opportunity to learn how to get out of the financial hole we had managed to dig ourselves into.

The agent who came over to my mom's converted garage (which is where we were living at the time) is no longer in Primerica, but we have remained friends throughout the years and we love him and his wife and kids. They changed our life! Because of the education we received by getting involved with Primerica, we were saved from getting into the WRONG type of life insurance, we were able to pay off $32,000+ of credit card debt, we started investments for emergencies, retirement, and education. I had such an appreciation for what I was learning that I went out and got my license to help my friends and family. In 2007 one of my client passed away and, even though I was not actively working the business, I was able to deliver a check to that family. There is no one who can tell me Primerica doesn't work.

Primerica changes people's lives! The opportunity is amazing, for those who work it. If you are looking for 9-5 deal with a guaranteed check on Friday, this opportunity isn't for you. Primerica is for anyone, but it's not for everyone. Primerica is for people who can't stand the idea of living a mediocre life working at a j.o.b. for 40-60 years and retiring broke! Primerica is for people who genuinely love what they do, but want to make a bigger impact in their community while earning great part-time income! My one advice to anyone hearing about Primerica for the first time, or who is having doubts about moving forward, is this... GO FOR IT! The worst case scenario is, you give it a real shot and you find out that it's not for you so you stay where you are.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I am working with this company from last 11 years, and found Primerica is an amazing company to deal with. Yes it's vary from office to office and the person you deal with but it explain what rip off going on in market and help consumer to make right decision to save money and protect properly and offer education about money. Highly recommend to get involved to make financial future safe for you and family. Don't rely on reviews, find it out yourself.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I went to an appointment for life insurance. The agent was a former classmate of mine so I trusted her. Her sales pitch sounded so good I decided to sign up. Upon signing up I didn’t realize I had to be annoying and aggressive. So I decided to cancel. I paid $124 dollars and all they refunded me was $20.75. It’s crazy to me. I signed up on the 16th cancelled on the 21st. After all this the agent is still calling me to get life insurance. No thank you. Please be cautious when dealing with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Primerica?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Scam huh? Anyone who would legitimately take the time to do their research will find that Primerica is a business like any other legal entity. My experience has been and I have been in the business for quite a number of years is that everyone who joins Primerica and pays attention to instruction will have the success that they are willing to work for. They will learn that at the end of the day, there are only a certain number of things they can control; more importantly, they should learn to control themselves.

A person can join Primerica to learn how to get out of debt, so they can save and invest their money and build wealth. To do this, discipline and time are required. Some people get a little salty if they do not receive results instantly or within a time frame they have set for themselves. It takes time to undo the mess that most people have made in their finances, but they want to blame the company because they won't do the things they are being coached to do to get the results they want; so they walk away.

What they don't realize is that they get to do this, along with their current job, which will speed up the paying off of their bills if they learn the skills necessary to earn the money. If they knew that without a doubt, they were guaranteed to receive a paycheck every day for their efforts, they would do what they are told instead of finding every reason not to. Let's face it, there was obviously something that drew them to this opportunity, which could be a business opportunity or just an opportunity to help them strengthen the resources they already have. Only that person knows why they got involved in the first place.

No one at Primerica is going to get mad at you because you decide that your goals and dreams aren't worth fighting for. And you’re probably still fighting but to no avail; getting little results, if any. Your upline just sought to find someone who believed their dreams were worth fighting for. Primerica provides a resource that anyone can use if they just learn the fundamentals of the business and follow the process. Too many times we want to control the outcome and if we can’t, we conclude that it doesn’t work. Don’t you realize that is why systems and processes were designed? It is because they work. It’s like a recipe, if you follow the instructions, the cake will turn out great. However, if you decide to add salt in the recipe where it tells you to add sugar; your cake will taste quite different from one that was using sugar.

Think about what you’re walking away from. Think. Think back when you were a little kid and your parents told you to do things you didn’t agree with, but they always tried to tell you what was best for you. Go ahead, I dare you to get disciplined about your finances and see if your life doesn’t change. You already have a job, right? And many of you have been earning money for quite some time and have no idea why your finances are out of control to the point you need 2 to 3 jobs to catch up. And this is all the time with some people. When are you going to get disciplined? Primerica can help you with that if you let them. The little bit of money you’re spending for a background check and/or a class is no more than what a security guard would pay for a security clearance or his uniform to start his security job. And if you don’t pay that fee, you can kiss that job goodbye too. Please, people spend more than $200 on junk that will never appreciate.

I’ll leave you with this; scams get people put in jail. Ask yourself this, why isn’t your upline in jail or better yet, the other leaders? Just make sure that the people that are telling you that this is a scam and guarantee you that it won’t be a good resource for you, are providing you with an alternative that will. Make sure they are prepared to pay your bills or at least help you because you can’t pay your bills with their opinion, you can pay your bills with money. Can you go into work tomorrow and ask your boss for a raise, or for the extra $500 you’ll need to pay on your bills, because you got behind last month putting tires on your car?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

In 2008, I became a client with Primerica. I have a degree in Business Admin & Accounting. I also held an investment license prior to sitting down with their representative. I say all of that to say this, the company is in a highly regulated industry and the representatives must maintain a license just like any other investment company or insurance company in order to sit down with you. It is silly for anyone to call the company a scam because it is easily verifiable by checking with the actual legal entities that govern it.

This ConsumerAffairs site ratings appear to be mostly disgruntled individuals who saw the opportunity to become a 1099 contracted agent (the same way you can work with any other insurance or investment company), and were not successful. It is an opportunity to build your own client base within an agency with the opportunity for ownership. If you go on to primericabusinessopportunity.com everything is fully explained and verifiable. Feel free to check with the insurance commissioner or the securities and exchange commission to affirm the validity of Primerica. I believe you will be pleasantly surprised.

I became a client first, and then shortly thereafter I saw huge value in getting all of my licenses and working with them on a part-time basis. It is a fact, if you don’t work then you won’t make money, but if you work then the potential for financial gain is extremely rewarding. I feel bad for the people that have given such negative reviews because clearly they did not experience Primerica in a way the company is actually designed. The company actually has A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. I just believe people should dig a little deeper into a company before accepting disgruntled comments as facts. For that matter, do the same with a five-star rating... check it out and verify it for yourself.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

This so called insurance is a nothing but fake. They will take your money and tell you it's safe when in reality they're using YOUR money for THEIR personal needs. I had an interview and they made ME and potential employee, put down $100. I ended up not going through with it because when I confronted them with the bad reviews that I read before, they just said it was their rival insurances giving them those reviews. Do not trust!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Horrible experience, no responsibilities... just to warning to everyone who wants to deal with this company! They took 100$ from my account for pre contract (or something like this) 3 -4 months ago. After that I told their representative I want to cancel it (even I didn’t make an appointment with Primerica's nurses) but after 3-4 months they don’t deposit the money and every time I calling them they saying that cancellation is on progress! I’ve don’t receive my money so far and still waiting for that cancellation! Anyway be careful with this company!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I am a beneficiary of an IRA of a deceased person, I have gotten nothing but stalls from the representative and main company. I have asked for paperwork & they won’t send it out. They lie and say they did but they don’t. All they know how to do is take money & not do what they say they will. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I canceled my policy and I don't know how they took money out of my friend son's account. This money has to be paid back. I call customer service and they can't answer me. Your consumer affairs handle it. Your company is a bunch liars and thieves. Nobody should get your insurance. Why should I have to check a star.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I have been a Primerica client for 9 years. When I started I was a restaurant manager only making 30k a year with a wife and 3 kids. When I first met with them they did my analysis and showed me what amount of money I would need to retire and how much life insurance I need. As a lower middle-class person I had never had anyone take time to show me what I could do to get the proper plan for my family. After this meeting and getting my finances started I asked if there was a way to do the same thing. Of course they were thrilled to have a new recruit.

I paid my 100 bucks and started studying. I was licensed in 2 weeks and by the end of my first month had 3 clients and 500 bucks in my pocket. That is not the story of everyone but it was mine. 6 months later I quit my job and went full time with PFS. I was only 25 and really wasn't ready but I wanted the shot. It's now 9 years later. I don't work there anymore but they paid for all my licensed and education and now I make more than 6 figures working in finance without a degree.

Without Primerica I would still be making 30k a year as a restaurant manager and hating my life. Primerica showed me how to get out of debt, save my money, and change the lives of people around me. At the end of the day, the absolute WORST thing that can happen to someone who actually tried Primerica: they get an education in finance and a professional designation for their resume.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I have had my financial plan for over 7 month, and I couldn’t be happier. My advisor show a plan where I’ll covered for 35 years and will a good reticent at the plan with the investments. Plus they have lawyers, great lawyers. The agents have been great they are an awesome couple, they have been with me the whole time, they have explained me everything, and showed a plan a lot better than the one I had before. It’s not expensive.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I got my life insurance policy 6 month ago. I am very happy with my agent and with the service and product. It was clear and professional. I truly recommend the company. Buy term and invest. The difference is the best option for a financial plan.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

My policy has been canceled and they're still taking money out of my account. Try to call these crooked company and can't get through. I email them and no respond. I advise nobody go through this company. They're Ripoffs.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Been over 2 months and still can move my IRA. He lies about calling me back. Won't take my overnight mail. I just want my Cash... So what do you do? Who do you call? It's bs. It's my cash and he's stalling. Russell ** should be working at WalMart.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I watched as two friends I knew very well joined Primerica and went from making peanuts to both of them becoming multi-millionaires by helping other people. I cannot even fathom the heartache of delivering a check upon a death claim and seeing heartbroken families in desperate need of those finances, yet these two friends have helped countless thousands of people. One has been in this business for 26 years, the other for 10 and they're both doing so well financially by helping others. They own multiple properties in several states.

I joined with my husband at the beginning of 2018. In two months, by helping people we know with their life insurance and investment needs, we've already made around $10,000. I believe in this company so much because they do what is right for the client. They don't just sell life insurance, they do investments, mortgages, home and auto insurance, health insurance, debt reduction plans, smart home automation systems, identity theft protection and legal protection programs, etc. They care about people and I stand behind that.

There are always a few bad apples in every orchard. I've dealt with people who are completely inept at their jobs in every area of business. Some people are genuinely bad people who care only about themselves. Unfortunately, although they can pass a comprehensive background check you can't discriminate against people being jerks or idiots. Some people are desperate for change and lack the people skills and common sense needed to get them from point A to point B the right way. Some people are money-hungry, greed-motivated people. Some people just have rotten character. Okay, so, be realistic. Don't deal with those people. Just because one person was a ** doesn't mean the entire company is run by morons.

I personally know several very affluent people within the company and I also know many who are just starting out and haven't achieved any real greatness in Primerica. Some people work at this for decades half-heartedly and then complain they have no real results. Others become a millionaire in less than a decade, like my very close friend, and they do it by putting 100% into helping people on the client and recruiting side of the business.

Yes, it's an MLM, get over it. Yes, the people who work and stick with it rise to the top and make more than the people coming in. GET OVER IT. It's that way with Microsoft, Apple, Google, etc. - there is ALWAYS a top level person making more than all the rest; here it is not one single person, it is ANYONE willing to stick it out and keep working until they achieve that level.

Original review: July 29, 2018

My husband purchased a 20 yr. Term Life policy to age 100 with a disability rider from Primerica at age 38. At age 47 he became permanently disabled. At the end of the 20 yr. term the policy was automatically converted. He is still insured for $100,000 to age 100 and we haven't paid a premium for the last 13 yrs. The premium is $362.82 quarterly which has been WAIVED for the last 13 yrs.

At 65 yrs. his current health status would disqualify him from life ins. Know what you're buying and prepare for the unexpected as he did and you'll end up very satisfied, as we are! We have never had a problem with this company continuing to cover him or with enforcing the Disability Rider! Have absolutely NO complaints with this company or their service. I do wish though, that we could cash this policy out before my husband's death, without paying tax on it. The gov. should pass a law providing for this once you become completely debilitated, as my husband has. There wasn't a Rider for this at the time of purchase. Always take the Disability Rider, it's worth the extra $.

Original review: July 28, 2018

If I could give negative stars I would. In response to the person who complained about her 79 year old mother being escorted to the bank in getting a cashier's cheque. I know exactly how you feel. Although I am not 79 but was 52 at the time. I had funds in a holding company over a million. I was told by her Rosa ** was her name to transfer the funds into my personal name. My former husband and I were estranged and she said we would be getting a divorce and everything would be divided 50/50. We didn't get divorced till 2015. This transaction happened in 2006.

Meanwhile I was personally responsible to pay the holding company's income tax as this was the whole amount the company held. The investment was held in both our names but I had to pay for it. This tells you if a rep needs to come to you to the bank this is a pressure tactic. Let's not give the client the time of day to think anything through. As if I am unable to go to the bank on my own. Hmmm... She represents Primerica.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Senior Exploitation. My 79 year old mother was pressured by a Primerica NJ Reg Vice-President, Dorana Brunhammer. Her recommendations were unsuitable for a woman of my mother's age. The Primerica culture may be aggressive however her tactics, one of which included accompanying my mother to the bank to obtain a cashier's check from the proceeds of her condo sale, were totally inappropriate. All of this and more occurred unbeknownst to the rest of the family. In addition, there was no benefit to 1035 her current annuities except for the sake of commissions. As a result she lost her lifetime benefits.

Once my mother expressed her desire to take advantage of her Look Back, Dorana obfuscated the situation. It wasn't until my brother and I were made aware of the situation and became involved that my mother was able to cancel liquidation and contract exchanges which was not an easy process and cost her administrative fees. My hope is that this review will prevent this from happening to another family in the future.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I believed in the message and purpose of Primerica. But they drive their agents for sales and returns so hard that it's not what is best. I supported my (once upon a time) husband in his pursuit of success in Primerica, and invested much time and money into it, only to him bailing on me when I questioned when I'd get a return on the "investment." I made in him and his business. As a spouse to anyone considering this business, don't do it. It really is cultish and surreal. Yes there are "potentially" big rewards to "build your own business", but not worth it if you have to sacrifice your marriage, family, and friends. They'll tell you this is normal. It's not. It's never as good as they promise.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I signed up for Primerica when I started teaching for a public school system. They were one of the available companies to open the employer provided 403B retirement program through. While working for the school, the funds were deposited directly and there was no issue. In leaving the public school and going to the private industry, I found out my account was performing much lower than the available investment plans and decided to rollover the account to my current employers' IRA plan. Upon contacting Primerica they had absolutely no interest to help me close my account. First they said it could not be rolled over because they were different programs. When I contacted my employer's investment company, they explained to me how to do it and not lose taxes, penalties, etc. They set up the IRA to receive the rollover and provided the information to provide to Primerica to make the transfer.

I then called Primerica back and gave this information to my account rep, who then informed me that Primerica cannot close the account, it has to be requested directly from the other investment firm. When I called my firm back, they said that was not usual, but they would be happy to do so; what forms was Primerica expecting? So calling back to Primerica, I was informed that Primerica does not send out forms; they only receive them. They did not have an example of a form or letter that was acceptable and could not provide me any guidance on what should be in the request for rollover.

I was then also informed that my 403B has a 3rd party administrator that would have to approve the rollover as well. When I asked for this person's contact information, they claimed they did not have it or know it. When I asked them how they could get the 3rd party approval without knowing who to ask, they said they only had a private fax number they couldn't share. So I then contacted my former employer and found out the name of the 3rd party company.

My new investment company wrote a letter requesting the rollover, providing the reason and all the information for the new account, address for the check and their contact information. I sent a copy of this letter to the 3rd party company and Primerica. The 3rd party company responded within hours acknowledging the request and requesting the rollover paperwork from Primerica to proceed. Several weeks later I received by mail a rejection letter from Primerica stating they needed a letter from the 3rd party admin, with original signatures authorizing the rollover, they also needed a letter from me with original signatures requesting the rollover and why, and a letter from the new investment company with the information required for the new account (which was already provided).

It is important to note that while the account was being set up and as funds were added, etc. Primerica was very easy to call me on my phone, send an email, etc. It is only upon learning I am trying to close an account that all of a sudden I can only communicate via snail mail. Even the rejection letter does not include email or direct phone numbers. It is clear to me that Primerica will continue to run me around and hold my account. I can only imagine the horrors I would have run into had I actually reached retirement age with the investment firm. I wish I had never begun business with them and I will tell anyone to find any other company.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Some guy tried to recruit me after calling my work. Called back a few days later saying I was so great on the phone he'd like to offer me a job in financial advising and insurance sales. They'll even pay to train me. I went to meet with him for an "interview" (a formality he said) and paperwork. Then they asked me to pay upfront...for a background check and "membership". It was only $100 and they would train me for my license. I was so excited.

It all sounded great till I got home and looked into this company Primerica a little more. Turns out it's an MLM scam. Oh they'll tell you it's not when you want your money back, but it is. I should have known better. I can't even manage my own finances let alone know the first thing about insurance. I have a high school diploma. That doesn't hold me back, but if I really want to do something like this I need to study finance without being brainwashed into selling my friends and family crap.

They also asked me for personal and professional references. Turns out it's just so they try the same scam and pitch on them. Don't give them that information!!! Seriously, who pays for a job. Just do your research. Believe the poor reviews. If you want manage money get a job with a real company! I was fooled by Primerica. Man that $100 would have made for a good dinner!

Original review: June 13, 2018

This company did not judge me based on college degree, prior experience nor race or sex. They allowed me the opportunity to make another income stream at my availability which is amazing because when my friend referred me I was working like 4 jobs and going to school. Once I got interviewed, I submit my $99 deposit! Which I did get back! My first week I made 300 dollars without being licensed. It's like instantly being awarded a scholarship, to go to school ($10,000 value) and get licensed to start your own business with help and mentoring to make great income because you can make money before you're licensed. And they allow you to help your own family and friends whereas other companies will not! It's an amazing business opportunity but get it straight. It's not a job. You have to work hard and you will be rewarded with the great compensation this company has. So don't give up on yourself and get to work!

Original review: June 12, 2018

I find it funny how the bad reviews on here all sum up to the same excuse “I sign up looking for a job”. First of all this isn’t a job. This a business opportunity for people that seek to make extra income AND a full on business career. But too many people have an employee mindset and are used to living this microwave life looking to make a quick buck. I myself am a company owner and I decided to join the business to educate myself more on finances without having to go to school and spend thousands of dollars yet still not have anything guaranteed after graduation.

I’ve had my business running for over 5 years and even so I see a lot more growth in Primerica doing very little investing with an unlimited profit growth. Some people refute our product. Product that we all need, yet those people don’t see value in it only to later suffer financial problems or a lost of a love one and depend on car washes and GoFundMe accounts.

It’s the very same people that don’t do anything with their life and settle for the crumbs in life that give bad reviews because they have no vision and they just don’t believe in themselves to have a better life. I speak from the heart and can honestly say this business has helped and protected my life and the lives on my family and friends and because I was able to share the knowledge I’ve acquired in this company they will no longer ever have to worry about money problems in their entire life.

Original review: May 26, 2018

A new acquaintance of mine sent a text message asking several people to give her a good job reference when her new manager called. I asked her to call me because I wanted to tell her that I could not give a reference; I didn’t know her last name, where she lived, or what she was like on the job. Before my friend called me, her manager called asking me for a reference. So I said, “I am sorry but I really don’t know her much, I have only known her for a few months socially.” Then the manager said, "Well what do you know about her" and I said, "She seems to be very responsible with taking care of a lot of things."

The “supposed” interviewing manager said, "Well that’s great, we love responsible people." Then the manager said my friend is getting ready to get her insurance license and she needs to practice giving presentations, would I be do a presentation with her? I said no, it was clear that this whole interview and job reference was a fake reason to get one more person (me and anyone else willing to give her a job reference) to buy their products.

Original review: May 19, 2018

There are a lot of complaints on here but let's look at this from a business mindset. Bad people exist everywhere, and bad people have to work. No company goes looking for bad people, they come and go through different companies. I have had a horrible experience at Mcdonald's. I have had a great experience there too. I hope everyone can agree there will be good and bad people in every business that exists because we all have to work to live.

As a company Primerica has been nothing but blessings for my family. Now when you join you will pay a small one time fee for the background check. As an added benefit they provide you the education tools for free to help you get your license. You are joining a business, as a business there is typically expenses. If you decide not to go through with not pursuing your license that is perfectly fine but you are not entitled to a full refund. You are entitled to a partial refund. The money goes to the department of financial services in order to do the background check. The money has now been paid to a federal entity to do this background check service. All Primerica did is act a deliverer. They are not required to take a loss because you decided to go back on your word. There is also instructions on the official email address you need to send an email to in order to have the partial refund processed.

Yes there is a 25 dollar fee month for the access to all of the business tools you are given. If you were to pay for the business tools out of pocket as an individual you would be looking at over 4000 dollars a year. Do research on having full Morningstar access as a private consumer and you will see what I mean. This company delivers everything they have promised, and they deal with people all day long that get excited in the meeting, but then go back on their word once signing up. If they spend all of their time trying to cancel everyone out they would not have time to go make money and train others. That is also why the headquarter phone number is on the paperwork that you sign, and if you sign electronically it is instantly emailed to you. They have over 1500 salary paid employees in Ga waiting to take these types of calls so you are not bothering the agents that are trying to help families that need help.

Primerica from a product standpoint is the only company that does what is right. They only sell the products that help people. There are many horrible products in the industry designed to hurt people. Primerica is focused on exposing them and getting people in the right kind of life insurance and the right investments. If your investments are in a life insurance product you have wasted your money. You should only have level term life insurance. If you have anything else you are wrong. If you think I am wrong just keep waiting 'till it's too late.

On the investment standpoint a lot of people are getting hurt going to banks for savings accounts, and cd's or very low rate of returns on bank ira's. The stock market average is 12 percent, and inflation is 3-5 percent. It is not hard to get 10-12 percent as your average when you go with an investment company for mutual funds. Primerica provides you the ability to get into funds that you would not be able to get into with the small amount the average person has to start with. An example of this I can get into a fund for 25 dollars where if I were to go to the investment company directly the minimum would be 1000. I am a part of the opportunity, I make good money working the opportunity and there are months I make as little as 50 dollars. Why do I make so little some months, that is because I made a decision to do absolutely nothing that month. I wanted to be lazy. I got paid for being lazy.

If you are not going to listen to the coaches do not waste your time. The coaches are awesome, but they are not going to listen to you tell them that you think your way is better. They are a coach for a reason they are making money and the system way is working. If your way was better than you should have founded the company yourself. Understand this is a business you have to put skin in the game. If you have an issue don't do it. This is the best financial company out there and I would advise even if you are not looking for a business opportunity to get a hold of a rep, because they can truly change your life for the better just for sitting with you.

Original review: May 14, 2018

During my 21 year marriage, Primerica was our financial 'advisor'. My husband at the time, did majority of the dealing with them. After my divorce in 2016, the 'advisor' failed to fully 'advise' me. The company said that because they used terminology that is typical and standard they are cleared of any liability. I depended on this 'advisor' to be straightforward but I was betrayed. I should have been advised of other options but I was not. I am a retired nurse and when I spoke with patients I used terminology they could relate to not medical terminology that would not be clear of even make them more confused. I received half of my ex's IRA funds at the divorce.

I told my 'advisor' I would eventually want to purchase a home where I had relocated. I asked for the money to be put where I could use some of it for this purchase. When I found a house to buy, about 5 months later, I asked for the money. I was told, according to my 'advisor' 'that the distribution from the IRA may be subject to tax consequences.' Again, terminology that I fully did not grasp the meaning of. I filed my 2017 taxes and due to this withdrawal to buy my house, I now owe the IRS a HUGE amount. I went to my new ADVISOR in the area I relocated in and spoke with her about how to pay this bill to the IRS.

She immediately suggested that I take out a bank loan and not use the money in my Roth IRA, because it would be the wiser thing to do. She explained the process and reasons so I could understand- THAT WAS ADVISE!!! Not just saying 'the distribution may be subject to tax consequences'. I have talked with this company numerous times and they refuse to see my viewpoint and do not take any responsibility. Due to the omission of advice, they are responsible for the taxes I have to pay on this withdrawal. I would have been glad and very able to make a loan but was NEVER advised that this would be a wiser way, when I initially bought my home. I was betrayed!!!

Original review: May 7, 2018

This company is a scam. I signed up with Primerica for employment and they took out $125.00 for me to get my health insurance license. I knew something wasn't right about this company so I decided not to go. When I asked for my money back since I did not go to class they kept giving me the run around trying to make me stay with this company and I decided that I did not want to. Their customer service is horrible and they do not follow their own contract. The contract states if I pay my money to get license and do not go I am entitled to my full refund if I have not reached my 30 days. I have not reached my 30 days and they still will not give me my money. I think what they're trying to do is continue to give me the run around until my 30 days is up so they do not have to give me my money back.

The only way you can make money with this company is if you bring in more people. If you do not bring people on board you do not make any money. They make you go to this meetings every week for long hours (7pm - 12am) of lectures that are rehearsed. The reason why I say they are rehearsed because they say the same thing every week, to the point I already knew what they was going to say next. They have mandatory phone meetings on Sundays starting at like 9:30 pm - 12 am; but they normally don't tell you about these meetings until after 9 pm smh. They talk a good game about how you can make all this money but the truth is you spend a lot of time and money with them but you don't make anything.

Now they're taking $25 more dollars out of my account and steady taking money out. I tried reaching out to them multiple times trying to get out of this and get them to stop taking money out my account. They said they would but just straight up lied. This is the worst company to want to work for. I would not recommend anyone to work here. All I'm going to say is do your research and pay close attention to detail before signing anything with this company.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Single-handedly ruined my church. Our church was the best. Amazing friendliest people filled with life groups and family get together. We went to everything and promoted it to everyone. All of our friends then went there too. Then this scheme entered some people's lives and it was everywhere - people started leaving and it was corrupting the church. Everything was about finances. Every single life group was about finances! People would say they thought they were only being approached as a possible life insurance buyer or client and when they said no they weren't of any concern to them anymore AT CHURCH. When you have to offer the product you are selling to friends family and church faces it's a scheme!

Primerica Company Information