Primerica

Primerica, Inc. (Primerica) is a Main Street Company for Main Street North America. Our mission is to help families earn income and become properly protected, debt free and financially independent. We are a leading distributor of financial products to middle-income households in the United States and Canada. Primerica provides an entrepreneurial business opportunity for individuals to become licensed and distribute our financial products.

Through our network of independents contractor agents, Primerica representatives assist clients in meeting their needs for term life insurance, mutual funds, annuities and other financial products that are tailored to appeal to middle income consumers. We are dedicated to helping our clients and representatives achieve their financial goals and welcome the opportunity to address and resolve all consumer questions and concerns. For more information on contacting Primerica directly, please visit the Contact Us page of our website at www.primerica.com.

Compare Life Insurance

Research top Life Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The reason I give Primerica 2 stars is because I wanted to make it big. I worked harder & a little more, I saved money & a little more, I wanted it so bad & a little more, I was the last to leave the office & the first to show. Problem is with multi levels the market gets saturated & message watered down. My first 3 months out of the gate I was promoted to district leader. I was top district leader in the state for the next 3 months. We had a trip to South Carolina for fast start training. I was top district leader & I didn't win any awards. I asked why I didn't go on stage like the others. They said "you ain't doing nothing." I guess they were right, my best month as district I made $800 dollars. But at the same time I gave it all I had, and Art Williams said "all you can do is all you can do, but all you can do is enough." And that's what I was doing, I wasn't making money or getting an award. I was crushed...

I got securities licensed and had over 500,000 under management within 2 years. But I couldn't pay the bills. One night I was on a dirt road, my headlight fell out of the socket and I broke down & cried. I tried so hard. and this was my lot in life. My car broke down another time, I was in the most elegant part of town, as I was leaving my car smoked & filled the whole neighborhood with smoke, I pushed the car a few blocks away until my RVP came & got me. I was almost over the hump, I recruited an ex Yankees baseball player. Then 2 weeks later my RVP went off on him & the 30+ people under him we had recruited quit.

I met with another RVP to move my license and network because my RVP was a psycho. But I just didn't have it any me as I was making more in real estate and saw too many broke agents. I kept my license active. My RVP divorced and the wife RVP who stayed active told me to invest all my money in Citi stock. I had 120,000 in Citi stock. Then 9-11 hit. In one week my 120,000 went to 16,000. I was furious and went into depression (It was illegal for her to recommend stock when she is only licensed in mutual funds). I said ** it & let my license lapse.

The reason I gave a 2 is because the motivational talk has helped me in life. Otherwise my experience in many ways has ruined my life. In the 90's while licensed part time with pfs I did real estate full time & made 100,000 plus in real estate 3 years in the 90's. I'm still in real estate & in the 2010's have 2 years of over 100k annual earnings & this year on my way to make 250k plus. I would recommend Primerica to those wanting a positive feeling and to learn about business part time. However, I would recommend that you don't go to the meetings (just like Art Williams founder says). Instead set 3 appointments a day for 3 years (just like Art Williams founder says), save your money over those 3 years, then based on that evaluate your next move.

Also, I have a few past clients around town who are completely financially independent due to the motivation we gave them to save & pay down debt. Also, I paid a 1,000,000 dollar death claim to a spouse of a man who had several businesses in town when I was licensed. I would be willing to join Primerica again, but I would only join direct under a 1,000,000 dollar + annual earner who saw the potential in me & came to my area for 9 months to retrain me. God Bless.

My mom had insurance with this company for years and paid. When she passed on 6/2016 we got papers showing insurance for her children to get a lump sum. I contacted the company, sent her death certificate and they said they couldn't pay because of 1 paper she didn't send in before she died. But she had paid up to the day before she passed. Never will do business with this company. I got my insurance with another company.

Clearly, I can see the bad reviews are from individuals who did not pursue to even get a life license with the state to make income. But yet, they want to sit back and complain that the company is a scam!!! Lol. This company is not for the lazy. Not everyone can do it. Especially people who want their ass wiped. This is for the entrepreneur mind set only! Been licensed 2 months now and made almost 2k part time both months. If you don't want commission pay then stay with your 9-5. It's funny seeing all these bad reviews. Too bad, you guys let a great career opportunity get away. I truly feel bad for you.

As many have said, I also felt for the "Job Interview" invitation. They said they were looking to hire and that was a good candidate. I went, and it was Primerica... I was upset as I attended a previous meeting before in a friend's house. They will PUSH you to provide names of friends and family. Do not give them these numbers. You are not licensed to sell and as such you cannot sell. They just want access to your warm market. Anyhow, Primerica uses MLM marketing similar to Amway, Herbalife, Nuvee, etc. Check Wikipedia: It clearly says they are MLM (some people deny it). According to their own financial reports, the average Salesperson makes about $6,000 a YEAR!

Don't pay attention to Facebook Reviews, I complained and my account was blocked. Check Youtube and you will notice the vast majority of the videos (up to 95%) are about "Recruiting" or introduction to the business or "Success Stories" of how much money they are making. Very few videos about the real business they do, Term Life Insurance. They also claim you do not have to invest in inventory, BUT you have to pay $25.00 minimum for Primerica Online, their Web Application. Furthermore, you most likely feel force to buy their own Life Insurance which is rather overpriced compared to others. Ultimately, the decision to join is yours but if you decide to join, remember to keep the best contacts (family/friends) to yourself. Best wishes.

I was 49 when a customer of my wife's processing company ask for an appointment with her and I to explain his business to us. We learned more in 30 mins with him than we had in our entire life's about finances. We were in a pickle financially and by following his coaching tips and joining the company our lives are forever changed for the better. We qualified for the Regional Vice President's position in just 6 and now not only are we 6 figure income earners but our daughter and son in law are also 6 figure income earners. This company has delivered on every promises and more. But it is a real business. If you don't work it won't pay you like it has us. But know this, if you do it will pay you and give you freedom like most people only dream of.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Primerica?

My father passed away on Nov. 14th and I began his death claim the following day. After calling in they advised me they will be sending out paperwork for me to complete. Well I then decided to contact my representative whom I purchased my father policy through and met with her to get the main paperwork completed and notarized. This was done on 11/17 and I was told it was faxed and FedEx priority to Lynda ** who was appointed to be our adjuster. Well the next week comes and still no paperwork from Primerica. I call them and they advised me they have not received anything from me nor was Lynda in the office for the week. Once again I contacted my insurance rep and she confirmed she spoke with Lynda herself and the paperwork was received. I gave my rep my father’s death certificate on 11/22 and was told that it will be faxed and shipped out the following day.

Since it was a holiday week, I chose to be understanding and will resume the claim on 11/28. On that Monday, I finally received the paperwork that was supposed to be sent out on 11/15 which 2 sheets could've been given to me for my father's doctor to fill out when I originally met with my agent on 11/17. Now I had to chase down my father’s doctor and miss days of work when I had time off 2 weeks before. So my agent gave me a number to fax the paperwork to and I'm assuming it was directly to my adjuster but it went to her! I have yet to hear a single thing from Lynda **. So once again I try contacting Primerica to see where my claim stands and was given very minimal information but was advised I will be getting contacted by a third-party for an phone interview which is fine. My father’s policy was a little less than 2 years so I understand.

All of this happened in a chain of events which threw my entire family off guard. I received that call on 12/1 and then received more paperwork on 12/5. As usual I promptly get all documents in. This is the 4th week of me running in circles with no answer in sight! My agent tells me this is common, but when it comes to someone wanting to put their loved one to rest, there needs to be a better system in hand. A link for all paperwork to be printed by clients, a list of important items to have ready and adjusters contacting and updating families. I am 9 months pregnant and am being as patient as possible but imagine having your father body sitting in a mortuary and your family under distress because he has yet to be laid to rest.

MLM requires two things for participants to make money: recruiting and buying products from the company. Primerica does not require either, which is why I chose to be an independent contractor with me. Primerica is Direct Sales, which means you are an independent contractor with your own business. Yes, they recruit, but that is how they get new people and pay people for the time and energy they put into you. (BTW -- tech companies routinely give bonuses for recruiting.) There is a high cheesiness factor with all the meetings and positive thinking, but none of those activities are required. You are able to conduct your business in any manner in which you choose, as long as you are legally compliant and have high ethical standards.

All licensed agents in California must go through 32 hours of mandatory state licensing. Including 12 hours of ethics training. Primerica offers this licensing at a fraction of the cost of other places. And, it is identical to any other licensing -- because the insurance industry is highly regulated. A person pays $99 for this training, $20 of which goes to your background check.

Finally: some people have complained that they were automatically charged $25 and were not able to cancel. However, as a new rep, I was given a clear option to opt out of this service and told I could get a refund for my first month's subscription. This information was in the TOS, which was not in legal-ease, but in plain English. I also asked my Rep about this requirement, and he told me the same thing. Opting out means you have to go online and cancel. You cannot call. So, those complaints were made by people who did not follow the instructions.

I joined Primerica with the impression of establishing financial freedom. This is false! They are just out to line their pockets! After discovering what the business was really about I can say it was too late. I was forced to pay a membership fee for an app to keep in the loop. Shortly after joining I decided to not continue with them. I called and cancelled my membership so that they can stop charging me with the confirmation that my membership was cancelled and that I would no longer be charged for their app.

After reviewing my bank account I see that they continued to charge my bank account. I called them to see why I was charged. Their customer service is the worse. With sighing and loud talking by the people they have representing them. I am disgusted! After spending hours trying to get my charges reversed and unable to speak to a supervisor. They are denying me a refund for payments I cancelled 3 months ago. The best they can do they stated was to refund me for one month!!! Is this some type of joke of company??? Never again!!!

I want to state Primerica is one of the most trustworthy financial companies out there. They are rated 99% in forbes magazine. They responded when 9/11 hit when other companies sat on their hands. The founder made a public announcement to make sure all underwriters issued payments to the families that where lost in 9/11 accident who were insured with Primerica. Due to act of war terrorism and suicide other companies refused to pay out. I have enjoyed revealing the truth about other companies and the products that are being sold to families that are consider to be "life insurance" when in fact they are loans. I was a victim. If someone is trying to sell you Perm insurance over term please make sure you know what exactly those types of insurances are.

Perm insurances are loans. Dont get suckered in by a life agent who wants to just make a commission off of you. Primerica does whats right for the consumer 100% of the time. I have worked out of the LA office and The riverside office and has been a great experience. The knowledge gain is something no one can take away from me. Its not easy to be a life agent. Primerica has set it up so if you follow the steps you will be successful at what you do but just like your JOB, you have to show up to get paid, you have to put in effort to be successful at this business. It doesnt happen overnight. No one promises you will get rich overnight. Anyone promises you that run away.

Helping families is a great way to make a living and here at primerica is what I have been given the opportunity to do. The first months dont expect to make money right away, get training and get your license so then you can start making the money you desire. I promise you, you wont regret it!! Dont listen to those people who tried it and gave up! Listen to those who tried and are doing it and are successful at it. I promise you they will show you how and give you any information on how you can be where they are at. They are open books! Believe in yourself!!

From start to finish I spent 4 or 5 months in two different offices. I gave it my 110%. I was in a real financial mess. I'm giving them one star because they did have some really good debt management help. I studied really hard. The exams were brutal. Apparently they are in Ontario now. I passed on the first try. I went with two offices. The second one being one that was really successful. Or so I thought. I trained with more than one person. I did about 3? sales.

I did not get paid on my own life insurance. I did not get paid on the seg fund I sold because apparently it's not enough to get paid on I was told. I didn't get paid on the other 2 because I wasn't licensed for mutual funds. I didn't get paid because I'm so low on totem pole. I don't get paid. It's not worth it to cut me a cheque for 5 bucks a month. You are expected to go to consortiums, conferences, events. Wherever you are told they are. No matter how long it is. If it's a weekend in another country or a week, you cover all of your own expenses. All it is is people talking about how rich they are and the audience yelling amen! Like... a cult.

Overall they tell everyone that they would make great agents. They totally have amazing personalities and they can see success in their future. They will make RVP. They pay you some attention too in the beginning. Really make you feel like you belong. They will tell you how much they love your children and how special they are and how much they want you to succeed. Then when they see that you have run out of contacts and they don't like your ideas to generate business. They start to ignore you. I pushed it and said I want to be successful. I got yelled at and told off. I got told they didn't care about anything except making money. I did call the head office. I got told that nobody has time to micromanage someone who has no confidence.

I was so just done after this. I took a breath and I did 2 interviews with two other insurance companies. I wanted to know what the difference was and why Primerica trashes the first one I went to. I had to go through 2 interviews at each one and fill out a really long personality questionnaire. The first one turned me down. The second one thought I was great. This was a job interview I had to go through.

Primerica is great to get your license. It's a really cheap way to do it. Their products are legit. Maybe expensive but they are legit. That's where it ends. They changed the LLQP because of Primerica. They mass recruit and tell everyone they are great when they aren't and then it wasn't too hard to pass the exams. Now the exams are really hard so it puts a damper on what Primerica does.

I really wanted to believe in the company but I can't. If you go to a few interviews with different companies you will see a big difference in the professionalism in the agents. They dress more professionally. They drive better cars. I was training with a guy who had been there for over 7 years and drove a crappy old car. How come after that much time you aren't making big bucks? I think if you want to get licensed through them it's great! I'd leave right after. It's next to impossible to make any money. Their failure rate is unbelievably high. I can only get a job in the industry because I already have a license if I didn't I probably wouldn't. So if you are serious I would recommend Primerica just to get a license then leave quickly! Don't look back!

Bottom line up front (BLUF) - My story pretty much echos most of the stories in this link, which also tells you everything you need to know. 2 stars because all in all the person I dealt with was cool about it and very polite, but I just can't bring myself to give 3 stars. The Primerica recruiter (let's call them PR) did tell me the name of the company and that it was a financial type business that they were starting... but I am terrible with names, otherwise I would have done my research and saved myself the waste of time.

Anyway, I got a call from PR and invited to an "open house office" at 7PM. Odd time for pretty much anything, but for some reason, I guess overactive imagination, I pictured a rustic home office (being that it was "just started" by this person and their spouse) in the suburbs and I was being invited over for dinner and get-to-know-you before you start this "awesome" job. Anyway I digress - the time comes and I am running a few minutes late which had me all upset but was probably to my advantage.

I walk-in to an office inside a business complex with a large (30 or so) crowd seated to a powerpoint presentation. This should have been my first red flag but I didn't really think anything of it... I find a seat and as this speaker is talking... the crowd starts hooting and hollering for NO reason! I say to myself okay... they are giving a standing ovation, again I can see no reason so I stay seated with my poker face, looking at my wife who came with me, like what the what.

So then the speaker starts introducing other speakers complete with theme/hype music (yes at this point the red flags start going off) and again random shouts like "YESSS!" and "We're number one baby!" (Umm where am I? I'm 40 years old and high school was a LONG time ago). Anyway, to not appear TOO rude I give the occasional golf clap and even stood once for a few seconds, but seriously, am still a little puzzled by the crowd's "acting." Well it didn't take me too long to figure out this was a pyramid - oops sorry, a Multi-Level Marketing. MLM is the legal version of a Pyramid. Yes it is technically not a scam, and it is legal (moral is another question) and it's legit, because they sell stocks and shares and their customers are willingly buying a service, after all.

So finally the head sc... I mean, honcho gets up, bragging about how much he makes etc etc. This has been dragging on a while and we go to the bathroom. That's another thing. After a goshdarn hour and a half people are either on board or they're not, and they aren't gonna be swayed by your life story. The song "Cult of Personality" came to my mind at this point.

Also at this point he pretends to not rag on the people who left (but yeah he was ragging on them). Wait, people have left already?? I told my wife, "Let's go" but she wanted to wait for the next standing ovation to draw less attention. When that FINALLY happened, we made our quick exit and PR was standing right by the door but without hesitation I nonchalantly walked out. PR followed. "Are you leaving?" Well it sure looks that way, right, but I smiled and said "yes we have to get going" not slowing down my walk at all. "Not interested?" PR asked. "Mmm, not really, no." So again, to PR's credit, PR was nice and remained professional. But to be safe I've blocked their phone number. :)

What is Primerica? It's a Financial Service Company! They offer many different services. Yes they have actual products that they sell. I purchased a life insurance policy through Primerica. I was a Regional Leader for Primerica as well. I let my life license expire a few years ago but I can tell you I only have great things to say about Primerica. As with every career choice, there are good and bad people. Teachers, cops, waitresses, etc. There are great ones and crappy ones! Same goes with Primerica leaders. You cant Judge this company off one of their crappy leaders. Just because you have a horrible server at your favorite restaurant doesn't mean the entire restaurant sucks! That server sucked!

When reading all the reviews I had to laugh at one particular post. It was about a man that had a life insurance policy that his daughter didn't know about. For some reason he had stopped making payments so the policy lapsed. She learned of his policy from bank statements. She could see that he paid for many years and then stopped making payments. Her father passed away and she was upset that he had paid for life insurance for many years and now Primerica wont pay the death claim!

OK let's think about this, you bought a car 10 years ago, you called LLL auto insurance to insure your vehicle. You pay $100 per month for 10 years and never got into an accident. For what ever reason you stop paying your insurance premiums and have an accident. Does your auto insurance pay to fix your car because you use to pay your bill? Of Course not! Does your auto insurance give you back $100 per month X 12 months X 10 years because you never had an accident in the 10 years you paid? HECK NO! Come on people! Seriously! I can tell you I sold a lot of life insurance policies in the couple years working with Primerica (PFS) and paid 3 death claims!

Let me now tell you an experience I had with one I will never forget. I sat down with a single mom that thought it was important to protect her family. She told me if something ever happened to her she wanted to make sure her children were able to go to college. Besides purchasing her own policy she also purchased a $10,000 policy on her children to cover funeral expenses. God forbid something happen to one of them.

Two days later there was a terrible accident. Her son was hit by a car and passed away! When Primerica received her initial payment it bounced. That's right her check did not clear! Do you know what this horrible scheming company called Primerica did to this grieving mother? THEY PAID THE DEATH CLAIM!!! I personally delivered a check for $10,000 to this grieving mother!! Now that is a company that I will stand behind! $10,000 does not bring back her child but it helps eliminate the financial stress of burying your child! How many people have you seen standing on a corner holding signs "car wash to cover funeral experiences!"

Primerica made sure this mom did not have to worry how she was going to pay for her sons services! Working with this company is definitely not for everyone! But neither is being a teacher, a pastor, a landscaper, but we all need their services, and we can all benefit from Primerica's services as well! Once again I have no current ties with Primerica. From experience I know they are an astonishing, creditable company! Here's a list of some of their products they offer:

Financial Needs analysis (a personalized analysis that shows you how to get out of debt). Life Insurance (To sell this you must have a state License!) (NOT AN EASY TEST!). Investments (Must have a state license!) (NOT AN EASY TEST!). Auto and home insurance. Long term health care. Debt Watchers (similar to other companies that keep an eye on your credit scores). Prepaid Legal Services. I have not stepped foot into a Primerica office in years so they may have other services I'm not familiar with. My Conclusion: Yes this is a legit company where people have to get a legit license (through the "State" NOT PRIMERICA). They offer (SELL) Legit services. Nope not a pyramid scheme.

Primerica may or may not a company you may want to deal with them based on my experience with the advisor I had. I have a distaste for the company. Each individual is their own person and will take their learning and use it for their best. Some will have ethics, some will have for personal gain and will not stop until they get what they want at all costs. I'm basing my experience on one individual and I got royally ripped off. She was able to fabricate documents to her best financial gain. But if she has a conscience, one day it will catch up to her. I believe its called karma. Primerica will back up the advisor at all costs, withholding documents etc.

After all they have acquired this business from 1981 but in general it's not about the consumer, it comes from the profitability of the advisor first. Some advisors will do whatever it takes to acquire your investments, even shady production of documents made to look like the investor's request. In any event I caution anybody who has limited knowledge of investing, do have professional help before you sign on that dotted line. Once you give them the check you have lost control. Should the advisor give you bad advice an unethical advisor will do whatever to keep their heads above water.

As with Primerica some are professionals with designation but most are trained according to training courses provided by Primerica and don't have the financial education to make your investments viable. You're the consumer. One more thing Primerica will at all costs go above and beyond to save the advisor. It's not so much they are thinking about the advisor but Primerica are looking after their own butts.

I am a client and a district leader at Primerica. This IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. If you don't have an entrepreneur mindset and you're stuck on being an employee instead of a self employed, business owner or investor one day by all means go ahead and keep doing what you're doing because you WILL NOT make it in Primerica.

To the people on this website complaining about Primerica being a "Scam" or "scheme". The website you are on states when you create your account with it that this allows lawyers and news people and etc will be able to look at these complaints and see if they serve as "legal merit" to pursue the case. Notice that no one is wanting to pursue the case of Primerica being a "scam" or "scheme". Can you ask yourself now, "hmm, why is that?". Think about it while AT&T and big corporations under people like Steve Jobs use or used recruiting to grow business. Primerica has been around for 39 years and has probably had these complaints since they first started and guess what. No lawsuits filed on the way they grow business.

Also let me make clear, because Primerica allows people who work hard to open their own business. There are different people managing the building you walk into. I'm sure even you can agree every person is different. Not one person is the same as another (according to the bible). So yes some people who own their own business within Primerica are not all the best. As for those who had these crappy trainers or crappy leaders I completely apologize for what you went through. But just know, just because it didn't work at one of the buildings you walked into doesn't mean it won't work if you walked into another that may be better off than others. I personally had a great experience with the leaders.

As for the fees, I went through the same process. All you pay for is the book you need to help study for the life insurance exam to get your license which is $100, your background check $25, and your membership on the online website $25 a month. After you take the 2 classes (Primerica pays for which are around $2,000 on it's own) you can get reimbursed the $100 or you can skip the classes and choose to get reimbursed when you pass the exam (Primerica also pays for which is a couple hundred dollars) instead.

I personally did the classes because they were helpful and I got reimbursed faster. Primerica actually pays for two other different background checks that are the more expensive ones and ask you to just pay the $25 one (no biggie). As for the $25 a month membership for the online account, that is what you NEED to transact business. So trust me once you start to transact business that $25 is nothing compared to what you may be getting paid. I personally have no problem with.

Overall Primerica is a great company with MOSTLY great people. Please do not let certain people put the company to shame. The company has over 100,000 licensed reps and it's almost impossible to tell what kind of person they may or may not be. Just like you would any other company who has the problem of accidentally hiring some bad people, cut them some slack. There are still great agents and base shops out there that surpass the bad ones. I know because my experience is great.

My fiance has personally bought life insurance, invested into a 9% rate of return savings, and opened up a retirement plan for us. We're only 21 and are on the right path to being financially independent all because Primerica taught us how to intellectually personally control our finances. It has helped me also pay my way through college with the proceeds I've made to help me get my second degree. Thanks to Primerica. I am set for life.

I recently joined the business about a month ago and my life perspective has changed completely. I aspire to do great things through Primerica and all of my dreams and goals from my early 20s are back on the board. I don't know if I'm going to be successful or not but at least now I have a shot at it. As for the fees, I told myself, if this business opportunity will cost me $400 (100 + 25*12) for one year, I will take it everyday of the week. It seems that the reviews for Primerica are very polarizing either 5 stars or 1 star, that's why I gave it 3. If you are being called and invited to talk to a recruiter and you have your doubts and that's how you ended up here reading reviews of other people; my advice to you is don't let others decide for you. Primerica may or may not be for you but it's worth a look.

I've seen some people on here had negative experiences with these guys customer service wise. Well it's my understanding they have over 100 000 licensed independent reps... what some of them do hardly reflects the integrity of the company. I was very pleased with the company's educational approach and how the products that I found were ALL BACKED BY 3RD PARTY CONSUMER GROUPS.

My mother bought Primerica "Life Insurance" at the cost of 117 dollars per month for YEARS and it was not actual life insurance. The type of plan she was signed up for is comparable to short term insurance you would put on a car or home, not on a human being. They took advantage of her because she is older, and they will not give her any of her money back. This company is a complete scam, avoid them at all costs. She cannot afford a lawyer to take them to court, so she is totally out the money that she paid.

When I signed up I was told there would be a fee of 99.00 and a 25.00, but NEVER told that there will be a 25.00 per month charge to be a "member". When I have spoke to the guy that signed me up he stated "I did go over it with you." I understand if I take this further it would be a he said she said. I was never told because if I was I would have not signed on. I have enough bills as is. Very mad about this situation.

Yesterday was my first encounter with the financial advisers of Primerica. This was for what I was told by a coworker of mine to be an "interview," as for I am considering seeking employment elsewhere. I thought very little of it and figured it to be just that. Upon meeting, I sat down with two people who explained to me in a rambling fashion about the services that they offer ranging from auto and lawyer to life insurance. After they received the payment of $99 for the classes and for the tests (state and federal and securities) from me I was immediately asked to think of other potential fits for the position. I did not want to do that by text or phone call, I like communicating in an in person approach. They even had a script of something I should say via text or phone call. This bothered me for I felt like I was extorting my friends and associates to the will of the company.

Even though I seemed hesitant he did not back off of me and we sat for a few hours doing this task. Commission is 25% and ONLY goes up through this referral and closed policies pyramid like set up. I told him upfront I hate their business model in which he matched me with mediocre analogies about other businesses in which made no sense. I walked out with a feeling of distrust in the company and staff in which told me that they did not finish high school. I would not recommend this company at all, and it falls in the same league as selling knives for Cutco.

After this all happened I wanted my money back being I did not even take the classes. I find out that they actually charged me an additional $25 without even telling me. And these are the types of people I or anyone should want to manage finances let alone major things such as debt, retirement and life insurance? What a joke. Stay far away unless you know a bunch of other average people to bring under you and do not mind making residual income off of those peers. Great talk, yet staffing is in need of a better communication style.

I sign up as a sales rep and didn't work for me, but I kept the insurance at a normal rate no special nothing. And couple of month later without letting me know they raise the monthly payment. I try calling, emailing. I talk to my representative who at that time was my friend OF 10 YEARS (after this we are no longer friend. She couldn't even help me). Well long story short is almost impossible to get out. I did some search on prices and they are ok. NOT the best, but ok so I stayed. About two weeks ago they called me saying that "my agent has quit the job'' (I know she did as she wasn't making any money at all) and that they were going to send me a new one representative??? I'M STILL WAITING... HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE THE END OF THIS. PRIMERICA CRAPPY SERVICE.

I am not understanding some of these negative reviews on here, unless these claims are not legitimate. A friend of mine started working with Primerica 3 years ago and asked me to meet with her so I could potentially refer her to others that could benefit from her services. I fell in love with what this company does! She provided me with a free financial plan which took me by surprise in the best way! I am now getting out of debt 12 years earlier. I now can have peace of mind that I will be able to retire. I know that I am overpaying in taxes and can use that money towards funding retirement, and so much more.

This a company that absolutely cares about their clients, as well as their agents/consultants. My friend has advanced quickly with this company and is now doing very well financially from what I can see, which is a huge accomplishment for a single mom with only a bachelor's in Oklahoma. My advice to anyone reading these reviews, take it with a grain of salt. Most people on here who are frustrated clearly didn't do something right or they are not the sharpest tool in the shed. Primerica will get my business and my referrals!

After 29 yrs as a chef, I was let go because of financial problems the company was having. Working for a company 50 to 60 hours a week. If it wasn't for Dave Ramsey earlier to show me how to get out of debt I would have been financially devastated. I would tell them about his book. Then I met a friend that show me this business while working for a school that paid me half what I was making. I had no experience in the financial field, but I looked at this business (Primerica) and all I had on my mind was to help families.

I got off to a slow start in this company (most people would of quit) because I told my friends the company's name and I sell life insurance. They ran from me, because they looked at these websites which I did, but looked at all the complaints where people that read these websites and quit because they did not know how to get in business for themselves (That is why they don't tell you because when you see it you can make a decision for yourself).

When I saw it I asked myself why would a company be a scam and you get licences from the State and Federal government? Why would top financial companies do business with Primerica, even be trading on the NY Stock Market under PRI? I am in the company for a year and half. Last month I made more than I make at the school in a month. The company is awesome, but it is also the people you work with, because this is a people business. The people I work with is the best. They want you to succeed!!!

You have to work this business and on yourself. It's part time and you don't have to stress of leaving your job. It's a business not a job. Recruiting (better than being recruited) all companies recruit. Helps families. Only cost $99 (refund around $60 if you quit before scheduling your licence) for your cost of a background check. $25 a month for top-notch website to help you with your business and does all the work for you. No inventory and no overhead. They pay for all licences (Life and Securities). More million dollar and hundred thousand dollar earners than any company out there. Unlimited income (that is up to you). All businesses are pyramids: Owner or GM or President, then VPs, then middle management, then workers.

Now ask yourself. Who gets paid the most? And who gets paid the least? Are you living the dream life? Can you go to the top? What you are doing now? Can you ask for a raise and get it? Do you have a plan B? Nothing easy. If it was, everyone would be doing it. I'm doing this business to help families and to help my family!

I've been with Primerica for 3 years and to start it is NOT a pyramid. A pyramid can't be listed on the NY Stock Exchange that is overseen by FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority), and they are also overseen by the state Insurance Commission. Primerica is not a job offering, it's a business opportunity. With any business you have to work, just ask the person who started the business you're working for. But what the heck, you're already working to line the pockets of your boss who is getting rich off of you and making their dreams come true, not the other way around.

Primerica isn't for everyone nor should it thought of as such, but is for people who are tired of living paycheck to paycheck and not being able get anywhere and are tired of have to work someone else's schedule. Again Primerica is not a job opportunity - it's a business opportunity for people who have dreams and vision of how to get out from the oppression of someone telling them how much they can make, when they have to show up and not get anywhere. I have done the work and it's paying off. Any entrepreneur will tell you that to get rich you have to work, but for yourself, not someone else.

I have been with the company for about 2 months now. I completed my training and am now a licensed District Leader with Primerica. It has been such a wonderful experience and most people who complain about it are just a bunch of pansies who don't even deserve this amazing opportunity. Mark my words that in a year from today I will be an RVP making a 6 figure income. Also guys remember, "Just like a closed mind can't eat. A closed mind can't learn". Be open-minded people!!!

I needed insurance and wanted to help my friend. I freely accepted their wanting to meet with me in my home. My good gosh!!! Very personal questions, even wrote down my meds WITHOUT my consent. They were on counter and "mentor" acted as though he was charging his phone, which was on the counter? I even provided my routing number?? Like an idiot I never gave it a second thought - as I mentioned I wanted to help my friend, had I read all of the reviews before having them over, let's just say the meeting would have never taken place! I cancelled once I received a voice mail, notifying me that "I had been approved and accepted to have insurance." What the heck? As though they were doing me a favor? No way Jose!! I'm sick to think of all the folks attempting to get their money back. I dodge the big bullet!

I had my experience with Primerica at the beginning of June 2016. I had just finished school and I didn't have a job for the summer. A girl on Facebook contacted me asking if I or anyone I knew was interested in a part time job. I said I was, and this is where everything started. I got a call from the "hiring manager", which turns out was a girl the same age as me (I'm 19). That right there already seemed a little strange to me. The girl on the phone never told me the company name or any other detail about the job which I found a little strange. Eventually, I go in for an interview on a Monday. They start telling me about the company and all, but not once did they ever say that they sell life insurance. I would also ask how employees get paid, but the girl would always change the subject. Second red flag. Me being the naive girl that I am, I decided to apply because I thought "Why not?" They are a real company after all.

I give them all my information, thinking that I would actually work with them. The next night I get invited to an open house, that was only a sales pitch. It was a room full of 50 potential recruits, and basically throughout the entire event they kept on saying how a school degree won't get you anywhere in life and that Primerica will bring you wealth and happiness. Like, what??? What company says that??? After that I left with a weird feeling because none of this seemed right. But I knew that I had applied a day earlier so backing out wouldn't be so much of a hassle.

That following Thursday I was supposed to go for my training but after I looked more into the company and read all the bad reviews online from multiple websites I decide to decline the job offer. After all, I didn't work for them not even for a minute. I contacted the girl who interviewed me and told her that I wasn't interested anymore, and she said it was fine and that she wishes me the best. I thought this was over with. NOPE. I was wrong.

Fast forward two weeks later, I get an email from the company saying "Welcome to Primerica!" Instantly, I panic because I wasn't working with them. I already had a new job. I check my bank account and I see a $25 dollar charge on my account for a monthly online service employees use. I call their billing department the next day and explain to them that I am not working nor did I ever work for this company and that I wanted a refund for this money. According to them, they didn't see a charge on their end. I called two more times, and I got the same explanation. I had to file a claim with my bank and have them dispute it with them because they didn't want to help me.

Now, fast forward to a week ago, and I noticed my bank account is about $100 dollars less than it should be. I check my bank statement and it's a charge from this company for my application. EXCUSE ME? I had declined the job the previous month!!! I couldn't believe it. I thought I was done with them and here I am with money out of my account even after I had filed a claim against them. I went in and Sat down with someone from my bank and explained this situation because their customer service refused to give me a refund. I filed another claim about two days ago, and thank God I was able to get my money back. Not only that, the bank blocked my card, and now I'm awaiting a new one. So there you have it, they robbed money from me even after I told them I wasn't interested in working for them. Worst company ever.

I just joined Primerica with my wife because I wanted to start my own business. So yesterday my wife and I went to training in the office in Citrus Heights California. So I go into the men's restroom and I can hear the senior vice president blurt out, "That I should let my wife be with someone else in this bay shop" implying that my wife should dump me for some senior vice president's favorite worker. I was shocked to hear that from someone who has a family of his own. Anyway I kept my composure and finished training. I was wondering why any business would try to be a matchmaker for some lonely soul in their company and use my own wife as the answer. This make me angry beyond belief. Maybe they should just recruit more single women and leave my wife out of their loneliness. Keep in mind this was a senior vice president.

Miss the boat 8 years ago. I understood sales, bad thing because I'm not a salesmen but in reality I'M. I have my own business, and did not need nothing else. 8 years later been a warm market person join finally. And yes is a business. Scam because we recruit people??? Have you ever thought the all companies recruit people, well either you recruit or get recruited so which side you want. I choose recruiting, yes you have to work otherwise sell yourself for 10 to 20 dollars an hour and be happy.

No wonder this scam has most 6 figures in the USA, but working 40 hours a week will get you rich ooppppsss, great company good rewards, good everything, small people look for a job and complaint. The other 5 % have a business. Since I joined Primerica I have seen the growth of my RVPs only because they put a lot of work, $20.000 a month and counting in less than 3 years, 24 and 26 years kids. So think about what you wish for, and good luck in your current JOB. 20 to 25 years from now look yourself in the mirror and see if you did it or not. :-)))) Stop talking trash and look at your bank account.

A coworker introduced me to a Primerica rep who was going to help me get debt free. He moved over my rif but did not take the taxes off. In the end I had to pay the government almost 3400.00 in taxes because of it. He gave me the pros but not the cons. When I made a complaint the investigator said "no comment". Stay away from primerica.

FANTASTIC COMPANY - I have been a client for 25 years. I was referred to by a friend. I was educated on the concepts of becoming debt free, protecting my income, and they helped me understand interest rates and mutual funds. They helped me set up a mutual fund with $250 / $50 - per month deposits with American Funds. Other "name brand" financial advisers wouldn't even help me just to get started with a savings. FINANCIAL ADVISERS wouldn't even help me - DROWNING IN DEBT & LIVING PAYCHECK-TO-PAYCHECK.

A Primerica Rep sat down with me and did a FNA - Financial Needs Analysis. It helped me with a plan of eliminating debt and find money left over in my budget for me to save. All I know is that if it wasn't for a friend who introduced me, I would be still living broke. I was fortunate to learn when I was 23. I am now 49, debt free, I owe no one. I am saving more money than I ever have. I love this company and my rep. I found out that PRIMERICA is one of FORBES magazine's "Most Trusted Companies." I trusted them and now I am on my way of retiring with a pile of money. :)

Primerica Company Profile