Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
3.22/5

Primerica

Primerica, Inc. (Primerica) is a Main Street Company for Main Street North America. Our mission is to help families earn income and become properly protected, debt free and financially independent. We are a leading distributor of financial products to middle-income households in the United States and Canada. Primerica provides an entrepreneurial business opportunity for individuals to become licensed and distribute our financial products.

Through our network of independents contractor agents, Primerica representatives assist clients in meeting their needs for term life insurance, mutual funds, annuities and other financial products that are tailored to appeal to middle income consumers. We are dedicated to helping our clients and representatives achieve their financial goals and welcome the opportunity to address and resolve all consumer questions and concerns. For more information on contacting Primerica directly, please visit the Contact Us page of our website at www.primerica.com.

View More View More

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

491 Primerica Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 9, 2019

I try not to write negative reviews. Today, this is my fifth time calling Primerica's Customer Support number, 800-544-5445. The initial representatives answering the phone were excellent in giving me contact information (Juanita #** {twice}, Debbie **, and Tanya #**). Between the combined four callbacks I've spent over seventy minutes on hold: Not a good omen. By calling back a fifth time, I'm now highly agitated, and in the midst of being placed on hold again, while I'm writing this review.

Confusion of this sort is why businesses of this caliber receive a reputation of always being available when it comes time to put money into an account but, difficult to reach anyone when it's time to remove your funds. The issue is that none of the agents that the representatives connected me with were responding, as either their phone number didn't work or their phone lines were full and were not accepting any more messages.

Then the unexpected happened. My fifth representative Fran #**, went beyond the well-meaning customer support lip-service and allowed me to stay on the phone with her as she tried contacting another agent before I disconnected from Primerica. Fran #** was able to get through to an agent, leave him a voice message, and answer my questions, along with helping me with my redemption form process. I kid you not; this review went from a potential four to a one and then back up to a five all due to TOP LEVEL customer service of Fran #**. Your organization is very fortunate to have Fran working for you. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

First and foremost, I have been a client since 2005. At the time I was 22 and my husband was 23 and we had a 2 month old baby. I was looking for life insurance when someone referred us to someone... I thank God he was a Primerica agent! We wanted life insurance but what we got was a financial education and an opportunity to learn how to get out of the financial hole we had managed to dig ourselves into.

The agent who came over to my mom's converted garage (which is where we were living at the time) is no longer in Primerica, but we have remained friends throughout the years and we love him and his wife and kids. They changed our life! Because of the education we received by getting involved with Primerica, we were saved from getting into the WRONG type of life insurance, we were able to pay off $32,000+ of credit card debt, we started investments for emergencies, retirement, and education. I had such an appreciation for what I was learning that I went out and got my license to help my friends and family. In 2007 one of my client passed away and, even though I was not actively working the business, I was able to deliver a check to that family. There is no one who can tell me Primerica doesn't work.

Primerica changes people's lives! The opportunity is amazing, for those who work it. If you are looking for 9-5 deal with a guaranteed check on Friday, this opportunity isn't for you. Primerica is for anyone, but it's not for everyone. Primerica is for people who can't stand the idea of living a mediocre life working at a j.o.b. for 40-60 years and retiring broke! Primerica is for people who genuinely love what they do, but want to make a bigger impact in their community while earning great part-time income! My one advice to anyone hearing about Primerica for the first time, or who is having doubts about moving forward, is this... GO FOR IT! The worst case scenario is, you give it a real shot and you find out that it's not for you so you stay where you are.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Scam huh? Anyone who would legitimately take the time to do their research will find that Primerica is a business like any other legal entity. My experience has been and I have been in the business for quite a number of years is that everyone who joins Primerica and pays attention to instruction will have the success that they are willing to work for. They will learn that at the end of the day, there are only a certain number of things they can control; more importantly, they should learn to control themselves.

A person can join Primerica to learn how to get out of debt, so they can save and invest their money and build wealth. To do this, discipline and time are required. Some people get a little salty if they do not receive results instantly or within a time frame they have set for themselves. It takes time to undo the mess that most people have made in their finances, but they want to blame the company because they won't do the things they are being coached to do to get the results they want; so they walk away.

What they don't realize is that they get to do this, along with their current job, which will speed up the paying off of their bills if they learn the skills necessary to earn the money. If they knew that without a doubt, they were guaranteed to receive a paycheck every day for their efforts, they would do what they are told instead of finding every reason not to. Let's face it, there was obviously something that drew them to this opportunity, which could be a business opportunity or just an opportunity to help them strengthen the resources they already have. Only that person knows why they got involved in the first place.

No one at Primerica is going to get mad at you because you decide that your goals and dreams aren't worth fighting for. And you’re probably still fighting but to no avail; getting little results, if any. Your upline just sought to find someone who believed their dreams were worth fighting for. Primerica provides a resource that anyone can use if they just learn the fundamentals of the business and follow the process. Too many times we want to control the outcome and if we can’t, we conclude that it doesn’t work. Don’t you realize that is why systems and processes were designed? It is because they work. It’s like a recipe, if you follow the instructions, the cake will turn out great. However, if you decide to add salt in the recipe where it tells you to add sugar; your cake will taste quite different from one that was using sugar.

Think about what you’re walking away from. Think. Think back when you were a little kid and your parents told you to do things you didn’t agree with, but they always tried to tell you what was best for you. Go ahead, I dare you to get disciplined about your finances and see if your life doesn’t change. You already have a job, right? And many of you have been earning money for quite some time and have no idea why your finances are out of control to the point you need 2 to 3 jobs to catch up. And this is all the time with some people. When are you going to get disciplined? Primerica can help you with that if you let them. The little bit of money you’re spending for a background check and/or a class is no more than what a security guard would pay for a security clearance or his uniform to start his security job. And if you don’t pay that fee, you can kiss that job goodbye too. Please, people spend more than $200 on junk that will never appreciate.

I’ll leave you with this; scams get people put in jail. Ask yourself this, why isn’t your upline in jail or better yet, the other leaders? Just make sure that the people that are telling you that this is a scam and guarantee you that it won’t be a good resource for you, are providing you with an alternative that will. Make sure they are prepared to pay your bills or at least help you because you can’t pay your bills with their opinion, you can pay your bills with money. Can you go into work tomorrow and ask your boss for a raise, or for the extra $500 you’ll need to pay on your bills, because you got behind last month putting tires on your car?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

In 2008, I became a client with Primerica. I have a degree in Business Admin & Accounting. I also held an investment license prior to sitting down with their representative. I say all of that to say this, the company is in a highly regulated industry and the representatives must maintain a license just like any other investment company or insurance company in order to sit down with you. It is silly for anyone to call the company a scam because it is easily verifiable by checking with the actual legal entities that govern it.

This ConsumerAffairs site ratings appear to be mostly disgruntled individuals who saw the opportunity to become a 1099 contracted agent (the same way you can work with any other insurance or investment company), and were not successful. It is an opportunity to build your own client base within an agency with the opportunity for ownership. If you go on to primericabusinessopportunity.com everything is fully explained and verifiable. Feel free to check with the insurance commissioner or the securities and exchange commission to affirm the validity of Primerica. I believe you will be pleasantly surprised.

I became a client first, and then shortly thereafter I saw huge value in getting all of my licenses and working with them on a part-time basis. It is a fact, if you don’t work then you won’t make money, but if you work then the potential for financial gain is extremely rewarding. I feel bad for the people that have given such negative reviews because clearly they did not experience Primerica in a way the company is actually designed. The company actually has A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. I just believe people should dig a little deeper into a company before accepting disgruntled comments as facts. For that matter, do the same with a five-star rating... check it out and verify it for yourself.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I have been a Primerica client for 9 years. When I started I was a restaurant manager only making 30k a year with a wife and 3 kids. When I first met with them they did my analysis and showed me what amount of money I would need to retire and how much life insurance I need. As a lower middle-class person I had never had anyone take time to show me what I could do to get the proper plan for my family. After this meeting and getting my finances started I asked if there was a way to do the same thing. Of course they were thrilled to have a new recruit.

I paid my 100 bucks and started studying. I was licensed in 2 weeks and by the end of my first month had 3 clients and 500 bucks in my pocket. That is not the story of everyone but it was mine. 6 months later I quit my job and went full time with PFS. I was only 25 and really wasn't ready but I wanted the shot. It's now 9 years later. I don't work there anymore but they paid for all my licensed and education and now I make more than 6 figures working in finance without a degree.

Without Primerica I would still be making 30k a year as a restaurant manager and hating my life. Primerica showed me how to get out of debt, save my money, and change the lives of people around me. At the end of the day, the absolute WORST thing that can happen to someone who actually tried Primerica: they get an education in finance and a professional designation for their resume.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Primerica?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

My Brother died from a heart attack. He had been paying Primerica for many years, a lot of money a month. However, after he died, they tried everything they could to not pay the Death Benefits. They tried to drag out the process. Made calls to say that you needed to sign a letter so they could pay the Funeral expenses only. They tried to say he had illnesses that they were not aware of, his Doctor had to get involved to assure them that his high blood pressure and diabetes was well managed and still, they would not pay. They were always aware of these illnesses. The Agent kept assuring the Family that they were processing the claim. We ended up having to hire a Lawyer and negotiated to settle for a lesser amount. My Brother truly believed that he had left his Family in a good place because he truly believed in Primerica. Consider yourself warned! And, the Agent has never called again!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Worked in the Medical field for most of my adult life, grew to be an expert and worked as hard as I could. Friend of mine introduced me to IQ options. Worst mistake of my life. My Broker Mr ** absolutely cunning to say the least. I lost all my life savings to this crooks. To make matters worst a certain wealth recovery website offered to get me my funds, lost more money to them too. I only wanted to get what was owed to me the right way and was put in contact with (stealthlegalservices.com). From the beginning of my dealings with them I felt so reassuring till finally getting most of my funds back. Thanks again guys. Couldn’t help but share to others.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

When it comes to picking the right company for life insurance it comes down to the agent. I met my life agent Tiffany ** 2 yrs ago through a co-worker. She educated me on the good, the bad and ugly on how most policies work. I also rolled my IRA account into Mutual Funds with her after learning the upside of it. If you want an excellent agent who will go infinity and beyond it’s Tiffany. She works with many states to help and serve others. She can be reached at ** cell.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

From secretly recording your 'in person' conversations with them, to their shady recruitment and business practices, Primerica screams scam from miles away. Just search around for all the available reports of people complaining that their life insurance rates skyrocketed, sometimes tripling, after reaching a certain age. The whole plastic happy cult feeling of their conventions is just the cherry on top. If you want a legit business opportunity, or want to buy decently priced life insurance or invest into mutual funds, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 24, 2019

So my experience with an employee/salesperson was horrible. How do you get upset with me because I decline to purchase insurance after doing my research. Her name is Terrica ** from Memphis, TN. Beware. She will cuss you and is also very aggressive. You been warned.

Primerica Company Information