Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
3.20/5

Primerica

Primerica, Inc. (Primerica) is a Main Street Company for Main Street North America. Our mission is to help families earn income and become properly protected, debt free and financially independent. We are a leading distributor of financial products to middle-income households in the United States and Canada. Primerica provides an entrepreneurial business opportunity for individuals to become licensed and distribute our financial products.

Through our network of independents contractor agents, Primerica representatives assist clients in meeting their needs for term life insurance, mutual funds, annuities and other financial products that are tailored to appeal to middle income consumers. We are dedicated to helping our clients and representatives achieve their financial goals and welcome the opportunity to address and resolve all consumer questions and concerns. For more information on contacting Primerica directly, please visit the Contact Us page of our website at www.primerica.com.

View More View More

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Primerica Reviews

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I have taken the time to read over a lot of these reviews and I think that it is so incredibly funny what so many of these people have claimed. One said that they charged them $99 & $25, one question, if they were charging you, they could only do it, if you gave them your card info. Which means that you agreed to get with there company. Can't charge you unless, you give them the info to do it. Another one said that whole life was great and that they are only paying $68/month, clearly they have no idea how whole life even works.

Part of your monthly payment actually goes to the insurance, and the over paid part, which only happens when you're younger, is put into a bank account that only the insurance company gets, not the customers paying into it, and as you age, you are still paying the same premium, but the extra money that was going into that account is no longer, intact. They don't know it, but they are actually losing money from that account to cover the missing part of the premiums. So when you are 20, say the cost of insurance is $40/month, and $28 is going into that account. But when you are 60, the amount of the insurance is more like $138/monthly, but you are still only paying $68/month. So where is the other $70/month coming from.

What your insurance is not telling you, is it is coming out of that account, and once that money is gone, then it is taking away from the death benefit, so when you die at 65, and are counting on a $100k check, it is probably only worth like $40k. So many people don't understand insurance and that is exactly what these financial industry are counting on. And they don't want to tell you any of it, just let you find out when it is way to late to do anything about. Another says they drag out the death benefits, clearly they work for a competitor, or they really didn't have a legal leg to stand on.

When 9-11 happened, the very next day, they were the only company to even pay the death benefits. All the other companies, used a terrorist clause not to pay one dime, so many people had to sue the other companies and the courts decided in the clients favors, and yet, they didn't even give 25% of the death benefits to anyone. There are so many reviews on here, that it is very obvious to people who actually know the business, knows that they don't know what they are talking about or the work for a competitor and want to put up false reviews. And it is making other people who read these reviews miss out on good business.

It is obviously your choice, all I have to say, is actually know what you are talking about before you screw people who could really use the help. They are the only ones who will sit down with you, drive to your home, all free of charge and explain in detail, so that you actually will know how it works and how these other companies are manipulating people big time.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

When it comes to picking the right company for life insurance it comes down to the agent. I met my life agent Tiffany ** 2 yrs ago through a co-worker. She educated me on the good, the bad and ugly on how most policies work. I also rolled my IRA account into Mutual Funds with her after learning the upside of it. If you want an excellent agent who will go infinity and beyond it’s Tiffany. She works with many states to help and serve others. She can be reached at ** cell.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I really enjoyed working with my agent in Virginia and learned a lot about how my insurance and 401k works and appreciated the patience to meet with me three times before I became a customer and advocate. Reading below people some commenters are shocked that after their term ends in 30 years the premium is 3x or 6x more with PRI, but consider all other competitors, which are all 20x to 30x more if they even allow you to convert; my fiancé and several friends I introduced them to had policies that were 30x or 40x more when it was time to renew, after looking into it. It makes sense, how do you expect insurance companies to sensibly price you?

I like that you don’t have to reprove your health when you renew even when over 65 (who else does that?), their track record of paying out, and candidness. Yes I probably pay $10 more than somewhere else but the benefits mentioned above is worth it. Could you imagine getting a terminal illness just a few months before your insurance ends and/or the market crashes, you would be leaving behind far less on the table for your family if the unexpected happens. It’s the most sensible option that I’ve ever seen.

Primerica response

Hi, Sergio-I'm happy to hear that your experience with our Company was beneficial to you. We look forward to serving you in the future. Regena Wood, Primerica Life, Duluth, GA

Original review: April 9, 2019

I try not to write negative reviews. Today, this is my fifth time calling Primerica's Customer Support number, 800-544-5445. The initial representatives answering the phone were excellent in giving me contact information (Juanita #** {twice}, Debbie **, and Tanya #**). Between the combined four callbacks I've spent over seventy minutes on hold: Not a good omen. By calling back a fifth time, I'm now highly agitated, and in the midst of being placed on hold again, while I'm writing this review.

Confusion of this sort is why businesses of this caliber receive a reputation of always being available when it comes time to put money into an account but, difficult to reach anyone when it's time to remove your funds. The issue is that none of the agents that the representatives connected me with were responding, as either their phone number didn't work or their phone lines were full and were not accepting any more messages.

Then the unexpected happened. My fifth representative Fran #**, went beyond the well-meaning customer support lip-service and allowed me to stay on the phone with her as she tried contacting another agent before I disconnected from Primerica. Fran #** was able to get through to an agent, leave him a voice message, and answer my questions, along with helping me with my redemption form process. I kid you not; this review went from a potential four to a one and then back up to a five all due to TOP LEVEL customer service of Fran #**. Your organization is very fortunate to have Fran working for you. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

First and foremost, I have been a client since 2005. At the time I was 22 and my husband was 23 and we had a 2 month old baby. I was looking for life insurance when someone referred us to someone... I thank God he was a Primerica agent! We wanted life insurance but what we got was a financial education and an opportunity to learn how to get out of the financial hole we had managed to dig ourselves into.

The agent who came over to my mom's converted garage (which is where we were living at the time) is no longer in Primerica, but we have remained friends throughout the years and we love him and his wife and kids. They changed our life! Because of the education we received by getting involved with Primerica, we were saved from getting into the WRONG type of life insurance, we were able to pay off $32,000+ of credit card debt, we started investments for emergencies, retirement, and education. I had such an appreciation for what I was learning that I went out and got my license to help my friends and family. In 2007 one of my client passed away and, even though I was not actively working the business, I was able to deliver a check to that family. There is no one who can tell me Primerica doesn't work.

Primerica changes people's lives! The opportunity is amazing, for those who work it. If you are looking for 9-5 deal with a guaranteed check on Friday, this opportunity isn't for you. Primerica is for anyone, but it's not for everyone. Primerica is for people who can't stand the idea of living a mediocre life working at a j.o.b. for 40-60 years and retiring broke! Primerica is for people who genuinely love what they do, but want to make a bigger impact in their community while earning great part-time income! My one advice to anyone hearing about Primerica for the first time, or who is having doubts about moving forward, is this... GO FOR IT! The worst case scenario is, you give it a real shot and you find out that it's not for you so you stay where you are.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Primerica?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

When I first signed up with Primerica, they told me my policy was for 30 years. A 30 year term life insurance policy is also the contract I signed. However, 20 years later, they are telling me that my term life insurance policy has ended. The copy I was given says 30 years, yet they are telling me someone in the office entered the policy as 20 years, and even though I have proof as to how long the policy should be, they are unwilling to honor their original word. So now, 20 years later, instead of 30 years, I am without a term life insurance policy. And if I wish to renew it then my rates are increasing by almost 50%!! This is absurd and ridiculous. This is how Primerica treats their clients. This is the kind of service that others can expect to receive.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

There is nothing else I could say except PYRAMID SCHEME. Stay away from this place. Do not listen to their talk. It is just a cover up. If you know anyone in this business, encourage them to opt out immediately.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I have been an agent for going on 9 years with a very old and reputable company. I received a call from a 25 year old client last night stating that she was approached by a Primerica Rep to join the team. After meeting with them they told her that her agent was stealing her money by having a whole life policy was a rip-off. This WL policy pays dividend and will continue paying dividends after it's paid-up in year 20. At age 65 the death benefit would have doubled and the cash value is about $58k. I don't think that's bad considering she only paid $68 a month for 20 years. Primerica really does not understand (GOOD) whole life compared to say a Guarantee Issue policy. There is nothing wrong with term but where do you go after you've aged out.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

My Brother died from a heart attack. He had been paying Primerica for many years, a lot of money a month. However, after he died, they tried everything they could to not pay the Death Benefits. They tried to drag out the process. Made calls to say that you needed to sign a letter so they could pay the Funeral expenses only. They tried to say he had illnesses that they were not aware of, his Doctor had to get involved to assure them that his high blood pressure and diabetes was well managed and still, they would not pay. They were always aware of these illnesses. The Agent kept assuring the Family that they were processing the claim. We ended up having to hire a Lawyer and negotiated to settle for a lesser amount. My Brother truly believed that he had left his Family in a good place because he truly believed in Primerica. Consider yourself warned! And, the Agent has never called again!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Worked in the Medical field for most of my adult life, grew to be an expert and worked as hard as I could. Friend of mine introduced me to IQ options. Worst mistake of my life. My Broker Mr ** absolutely cunning to say the least. I lost all my life savings to this crooks. To make matters worst a certain wealth recovery website offered to get me my funds, lost more money to them too. I only wanted to get what was owed to me the right way and was put in contact with (stealthlegalservices.com). From the beginning of my dealings with them I felt so reassuring till finally getting most of my funds back. Thanks again guys. Couldn’t help but share to others.

Primerica Company Information