Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
  2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.18/5

Primerica, Inc. (Primerica) is a Main Street Company for Main Street North America. Our mission is to help families earn income and become properly protected, debt free and financially independent. We are a leading distributor of financial products to middle-income households in the United States and Canada. Primerica provides an entrepreneurial business opportunity for individuals to become licensed and distribute our financial products.

Through our network of independents contractor agents, Primerica representatives assist clients in meeting their needs for term life insurance, mutual funds, annuities and other financial products that are tailored to appeal to middle income consumers. We are dedicated to helping our clients and representatives achieve their financial goals and welcome the opportunity to address and resolve all consumer questions and concerns. For more information on contacting Primerica directly, please visit the Contact Us page of our website at www.primerica.com.

View More View More

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Primerica Reviews

Original review: March 17, 2020

Financial services. Primerica is multi level marketing but so are most businesses. RVPs have to put in a lot of hard work to get to their position, selling to their own Clients, recruiting, training educating. This is one of the best companies when it comes to training and being hands on, the biggest Employer of Women empowering them to be self sufficient. You are in charge of your own destiny within the business. Encouraged by a team, paid for education that would otherwise cost you thousands of dollars. It is a chance to run your own business and what you put in is what you get out, not for everyone especially those who do not like hard work, but those who do make good money.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 10, 2020

I bought a policy with this company and a month later they declined my application after I had already given them 750.00. They returned my money in December. It’s March and I still can’t get my money. The bank advised they have a red flag on the check and they can’t get anyone to verify that the check is legitimate and that it’s truly made to me. I’ve contacted the agent and of course no response. I don’t care how high I have to go, but I’m getting my money back or they will have a ** storm of negative publicity on social media and a bad review to the BBB.

Primerica response

Primerica Life is dedicated to providing prompt, courteous customer service. To protect her privacy, we have reached out to Norma for additional information to address her concerns. Regena Wood, Primerica Life

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

After going to my first Primerica meeting, I could immediately identify that it was a Multi-Level Marketing company, or put into Layman's terms, a Pyramid Scheme. The people in your "upline" make all of their passive, bragged-about income off of YOU and YOUR sales and recruits. Primerica RVPs like to brag about how much money they make without doing anything. That's because they have built a hierarchy that recruits literally EVERYONE and promises them that they can quit their job and join Primerica for "unlimited income potential." You only make money if you recruit people, regardless if they are salespeople or not. The only way to make a steady income is to always be recruiting people, selling them a policy to make your commission, and then to heck with them. If they recruit and make you more money, then great, if not, you'll just go find another vulnerable soul to con into your scam.

For those in Primerica now, I am not some "unsuccessful, unmotivated" agent who just "didn't try," I actually made a couple thousand dollars working with Primerica, but at what cost. I ruined relationships and friendships I had for YEARS by trying to recruit people into a Pyramid Scheme. EVEN PRIMERICA STATES ON THEIR WEBSITE "From January 1 through December 31, 2018, Primerica paid cash flow to its North American sales force at an average of $6,069, which includes commissions paid on all lines of business to licensed representatives." So to all those "new recruits" reading this, the RVP in that opp meeting that talks about how many millions he's made from Primerica, be careful what you believe.

I could go on and on forever about how poor of an experience I had with Primerica, but if this review communicates any message at all, let it be STAY AWAY FROM PRIMERICA. Are there people who have done well in the company? Yes. They either got lucky or are great con artists. It's a waste of time, money, and relationships. For a company that talks about independence, freedom, and a happy life with lots of money, they sure know how to take that away from people.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

So a broker named Donya ** convinced my girlfriend and her friend to join Primerica's pyramid scheme by misleading her into thinking she was a financial advisor. My girlfriend being a first year college student felt very inclined to follow the guidance of this seeming young and empowered female broker. In doing so she was misguided and taken advantage of by being persuaded to join Primerica by paying a $130 CAD membership fee and a monthly fee of $28 USD. As soon as I put the pieces together I messaged the broker to drop all affiliation with Primerica after paying the initial fees, but the broker is no longer responding and Primerica is still trying to charge my girlfriend and her friend for a monthly fee.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

This is my very hard learned lesson! I didn't know anything about investments and did a 401K rollover to a traditional IRA (mutual funds investment) with Primerica. I invested almost $50K three years ago and 3 years later I made only $100 profit, and still have to pay them fees over that money! On the meantime Primerica made at least $6,597 in hidden fees at my expense! When I FINALLY woke up I was shocked! BE CAREFUL!!! DO NOT INVEST WITH PRIMERICA! I am not rich or young and this REALLY hurt me! Lesson learned: If you think education is expensive, try ignorance! My ignorance cost me lost of hard earned money!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Primerica?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

This is my experience I hope it serves before making a decision. I learned about Primerica from a friend and agreed to listen to his supervisor. I ended up accepting a charge to my card to learn more. I discovered that I am not interested in the business model, very similar to a pyramid model [although they deny it and theorize about it in their meetings]. I agreed to listen to an offer on life insurance and here again they charged me for analysis and for something else. They promised to return the funds if the policy was not in my interest. RESULT: The results of the analysis were never sent. They did not return the funds [until today]. They never sent me a policy. A mess of disorganization and lack of professionalism. They still charge me monthly for belonging to I don't know what. Although I have contacted more than four times to stop doing so.

CONCLUSIONS
      1- Sellers of Primerica. If you cannot handle a simple insurance policy, how do you think that I give you my contact details so that they are called on my name?
      2- There are people out there, who are not interested in your business model, just come to know.
      3- When you see it is almost religious fervor, hide your credit card because you can end up in a mess like I am now.

4- Finally there are thousands of ways to establish income through the Internet, look for information before falling into the hands of unscrupulous companies.

Good luck. Ferminius

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I have taken the time to read over a lot of these reviews and I think that it is so incredibly funny what so many of these people have claimed. One said that they charged them $99 & $25, one question, if they were charging you, they could only do it, if you gave them your card info. Which means that you agreed to get with there company. Can't charge you unless, you give them the info to do it. Another one said that whole life was great and that they are only paying $68/month, clearly they have no idea how whole life even works.

Part of your monthly payment actually goes to the insurance, and the over paid part, which only happens when you're younger, is put into a bank account that only the insurance company gets, not the customers paying into it, and as you age, you are still paying the same premium, but the extra money that was going into that account is no longer, intact. They don't know it, but they are actually losing money from that account to cover the missing part of the premiums. So when you are 20, say the cost of insurance is $40/month, and $28 is going into that account. But when you are 60, the amount of the insurance is more like $138/monthly, but you are still only paying $68/month. So where is the other $70/month coming from.

What your insurance is not telling you, is it is coming out of that account, and once that money is gone, then it is taking away from the death benefit, so when you die at 65, and are counting on a $100k check, it is probably only worth like $40k. So many people don't understand insurance and that is exactly what these financial industry are counting on. And they don't want to tell you any of it, just let you find out when it is way to late to do anything about. Another says they drag out the death benefits, clearly they work for a competitor, or they really didn't have a legal leg to stand on.

When 9-11 happened, the very next day, they were the only company to even pay the death benefits. All the other companies, used a terrorist clause not to pay one dime, so many people had to sue the other companies and the courts decided in the clients favors, and yet, they didn't even give 25% of the death benefits to anyone. There are so many reviews on here, that it is very obvious to people who actually know the business, knows that they don't know what they are talking about or the work for a competitor and want to put up false reviews. And it is making other people who read these reviews miss out on good business.

It is obviously your choice, all I have to say, is actually know what you are talking about before you screw people who could really use the help. They are the only ones who will sit down with you, drive to your home, all free of charge and explain in detail, so that you actually will know how it works and how these other companies are manipulating people big time.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

When it comes to picking the right company for life insurance it comes down to the agent. I met my life agent Tiffany ** 2 yrs ago through a co-worker. She educated me on the good, the bad and ugly on how most policies work. I also rolled my IRA account into Mutual Funds with her after learning the upside of it. If you want an excellent agent who will go infinity and beyond it’s Tiffany. She works with many states to help and serve others. She can be reached at ** cell.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I really enjoyed working with my agent in Virginia and learned a lot about how my insurance and 401k works and appreciated the patience to meet with me three times before I became a customer and advocate. Reading below people some commenters are shocked that after their term ends in 30 years the premium is 3x or 6x more with PRI, but consider all other competitors, which are all 20x to 30x more if they even allow you to convert; my fiancé and several friends I introduced them to had policies that were 30x or 40x more when it was time to renew, after looking into it. It makes sense, how do you expect insurance companies to sensibly price you?

I like that you don’t have to reprove your health when you renew even when over 65 (who else does that?), their track record of paying out, and candidness. Yes I probably pay $10 more than somewhere else but the benefits mentioned above is worth it. Could you imagine getting a terminal illness just a few months before your insurance ends and/or the market crashes, you would be leaving behind far less on the table for your family if the unexpected happens. It’s the most sensible option that I’ve ever seen.

Primerica response

Hi, Sergio-I'm happy to hear that your experience with our Company was beneficial to you. We look forward to serving you in the future. Regena Wood, Primerica Life, Duluth, GA

Original review: April 9, 2019

I try not to write negative reviews. Today, this is my fifth time calling Primerica's Customer Support number, 800-544-5445. The initial representatives answering the phone were excellent in giving me contact information (Juanita #** {twice}, Debbie **, and Tanya #**). Between the combined four callbacks I've spent over seventy minutes on hold: Not a good omen. By calling back a fifth time, I'm now highly agitated, and in the midst of being placed on hold again, while I'm writing this review.

Confusion of this sort is why businesses of this caliber receive a reputation of always being available when it comes time to put money into an account but, difficult to reach anyone when it's time to remove your funds. The issue is that none of the agents that the representatives connected me with were responding, as either their phone number didn't work or their phone lines were full and were not accepting any more messages.

Then the unexpected happened. My fifth representative Fran #**, went beyond the well-meaning customer support lip-service and allowed me to stay on the phone with her as she tried contacting another agent before I disconnected from Primerica. Fran #** was able to get through to an agent, leave him a voice message, and answer my questions, along with helping me with my redemption form process. I kid you not; this review went from a potential four to a one and then back up to a five all due to TOP LEVEL customer service of Fran #**. Your organization is very fortunate to have Fran working for you. Thank you.

Primerica Company Information