2.39/5
Based on 41 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Primerica

Primerica, Inc. (Primerica) is a Main Street Company for Main Street North America. Our mission is to help families earn income and become properly protected, debt free and financially independent. We are a leading distributor of financial products to middle-income households in the United States and Canada. Primerica provides an entrepreneurial business opportunity for individuals to become licensed and distribute our financial products.

Through our network of independents contractor agents, Primerica representatives assist clients in meeting their needs for term life insurance, mutual funds, annuities and other financial products that are tailored to appeal to middle income consumers. We are dedicated to helping our clients and representatives achieve their financial goals and welcome the opportunity to address and resolve all consumer questions and concerns. For more information on contacting Primerica directly, please visit the Contact Us page of our website at www.primerica.com.

Read More Read More
Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 5, 2018

428 Primerica Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 5, 2018

Okay so I tried to get a job there, They made me sign some documents and I had to pay $145 to get a background check. Jobs do not make you pay for the job. It seemed like a good offer because they were going to pay for my financial licence and books and schools so I could get a license in insurance. The place was so unorganized, like people come in when they want to, at first it sounds nice but it's not if you need someone. Next I paid the money but then there were these mandatory meeting which were **. Even a mandatory call conference on Sunday at 11 pm, it was ** because it was just me listening to this guy's prep speech, like it's late. I don't care about your motivational speech when I'm trying to sleep. So I never got my licence and quit before I even got 2 hours in. So I didn't ask for my money back because that was my fault, like I didn't get the license because I quit before the training for the license even began.

SO I was fine. I wasn't angry. It was whatever. The reason I quit was because it was a 45 day training period without pay and I just couldn't go that long without pay, while they were messing with my Sunday night sleep schedule. But then I checked my debit card, and they took $25 from me about 3 weeks after I quit, that might not sound like a lot but it was to me since I have no job, Like I quit. I told them that I quit. I didn't ask for my $145 back like leave me alone, stop taking my money, and wasting my time, at first I thought all the bad reviews were just from people who were just angry or whatever but it's true.

OMG, I wish I could give them a negative star, all of the good reviews are from employees and I can tell because it sounds just like the sales pitch and the ** meetings all over again, but whatever. I shouldn't make that claim. It might not be from past employees (honestly I just don't want to get sued for saying it) but it does sound like them. Just saying.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I have loved my experience with Primerica for many reasons. I got my life insurance at the age of 47 and it was incredibly affordable and easy. 6 months later I increased my coverage with complete ease. The Customer service is impeccable and I have heard many stories of people who have received coverage who were otherwise denied with other companies. The integrity of this company is like no other!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 20, 2018

I've grown up in this business. I was three when my mom joined the company. This business has changed our lives and my children. I can't say enough good about this company and what it does for families.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I signed up with this company in January 11, 2018 of this year and has been a great experience for me. I was a store manager working 70 to 75 hours a week in retail and hardly had time to spend with my family. I must say it has been a wonderful opportunity to be able to allow me not only to work from home and spend time with my family and finally make good money and help others as well.

Original review: March 4, 2018

(Hopefully, I have caught your eye with the infamous, high-rated (but fully saturated in negativity) review tactic...) Well now, how shall I begin? Initially, an individual named Andrew called me from "PFS" (sounded more like PSS) asking me if I wanted to pursue a career in financing, etc. However, stated that I needed no previous experience (strange?). That everything will be provided to me on the job (how fortunate). Afternoon getting in touch by phone, Andrew anxiously me to come in (sooner than later and at my inconvenience). Okay, I thought, welcome to the job world (I guess?).

When he gave me the address (which was a little incorrect) I finally came to a building that has several suites/offices. As confused as I was after walking into the building, I asked two people if they knew where the "PFS" room was (both of whom were clueless). Fair enough, maybe everyone keeps to themselves in this building. Upon a 10 minute search, I find the door with the suite number but it had the name "Primerica" on it.

Upon entry, the suite was not too big, but had about 8-9 people walking around with about a total of 4 individual offices. Strange to have so many people and a small number of office space. The desk lady asked me my name and to whom I wanted to meet with. I said Andrew and she walked around and saw him on the phone. Politely told me to wait.

Then Andrew said hello, shook my hand and said give him a minute. Okay, I'm on time to an "interview" and am waiting for over 10 minutes, but there seemed to be no one what waiting/in an interview currently (kinda strange, but I didn't think much of it). When he walked away after telling me to wait, they gave me a generic sheet to fill out the same information that he supposedly saw on my résumé. Personally, I didn't think that is professional, but it kind of led me on that this is an unorganized company.

Moving into the "interview," it didn't seem that I was trying to get the job but instead trying to be coerced into a job. He first started off with the company's mission and asked, "Do you think this is a strong mission statement?" I answered, "I suppose, it contains all the desires of your company. So, I assume it can be considered a strong mission statement."

Moving on he started giving me statistics about the percentage of Americans who are in debt, living paycheck to paycheck, who have no will/life insurance, etc. Okay. Then he went on to tell me all the companies that his company "Primerica" (never mentioned "PFS" again) is involved with and that they are well-recognized on the NYSE (The New York Stock Exchange) and have all these insurance companies asking them for assistance to distribute. At this point, it seems that he's trying to sell me the validity of his company.

We then move on to the purpose of the company and at first, I thought it was quite thoughtful because they aim to work with families to increase their savings percentages, help them to save, give them a life insurance in case of an emergency, etc. However, as he spoke I thought to myself about how this little company (whom he says doesn't do advertisements #WordOfMouth) is able to give people up to 12% on their savings accounts if they are not a bank themselves. We move on to a representation of a house in which he asks where its foundation would be. I answered the bottom with which he then splits the house into five pieces. With the foundation being life insurance.

It was kind of confusing that he stressed life insurance in what he was saying. Then he talked about how to make six figures as others in the company are making. Also, how I had the ability to make $250-500 (presumably every two weeks) by just working alongside them. (Seems unreal for me to make money by just watching what you guys do.)

On top of that, he goes into the pinnacle of the pitch and tells me that before I can work with them that I'll have to get licensed. The company will pay for me but all I have to pay is $99 for the application fee and $24 for the POL service fee. He suggested that I'd want to get the POL service, unless I want to carry paper around with me all day (okay?). He then "tried" to reassure me that the company will reimburse me what I spent with up to $300 dollars after I get my five licenses. (So why would I need to spend money, if you're gonna give it back to - two-fold?) He also told me that if this wasn't for me that I can get my $25 refund for the POL service and $69 dollars back from the application fee, because $30 dollars goes to the state to do a background check on me (or maybe to his bank account for commission).

*** If you were as foolish as I was and fell for the charade, you have 24 hours to cancel and get FULL refund. Don't listen to the lies. I asked the guy how to go about getting my refund and he said we have to send a letter to the company on Monday. (Mind you I paid Thursday and Friday is still a business day.) ASK FOR A PROOF OF CANCELATION, EITHER A REFERENCE NUMBER AND/OR EMAIL (hopefully both of which are factual).

Initially, I wasn't trying to be negative about allowing new opportunities to take place in my life, but this tactic smelled just like the fishy multi-level company (pyramid scheme) Amway. I mentioned Amway and he claimed he had no idea who or what they were (okay -_-). Afterward, I skeptically paid, but severely regretted it and contacted Andrew telling him that this isn't for me and I'm getting a bad instinct from this. All he said was, "okay".

While talking to him, he seemed pretty mechanical and seemed to be carrying out a ploy. He made it clear that he would teach me how to give presentations like this to prospective members and made sure to show me off as a new addition to the team (but more like an addition to his uplink/tree). One thing that was strange was that he asked for three references. As I wrote them down he seemed a bit antsy. I gave him two instructors that I had and an acolyte. He then says to me, "I'm pretty sure they all will say good things about you, but do you have someone more personal - like a friend."

I pondered and thought why would you want friends instead of people who know my work ethic. And it seems that they'll do some calling off their own and try to call your friends to come in as "your references" to help work for them. Overall, this company seems to have a pretty humble stance on helping people, but their means of becoming rich (if it is even possible) is flawed and self-centered. Even though it's great to own your own business, it's even better not to be someone else's pawn.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Primerica?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

This company has changed my life. Not only did they educate me about how money works, but they showed me how to get out of debt. This company is doing what is right for Main Street Families. I no longer have to live paycheck to paycheck. Primerica gave me the opportunity to run my own business. If you have an entrepreneur mindset, the sky is the limit with this company.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

If you want to waste your time, go for it. I would not recommend this company to anyone, it's not credible in my book regardless of the credible companies they associate with, it makes those companies uncredible because Primerica is the biggest scam next to Kirby Vacuum's sales. I spend over 200 dollars on their stupid membership and background check fees. I wasted three days of their STUPID classes to get a license, and wasted two days a week listening to their rehearsed brainwashed lectures.

I worked out of VALERIE and Vin Fin's firm. They are so strange. They seemed SO sweet when you first meet them but as soon as you get your license they turn into SHARKS. I tried quitting after one week and she would not let me, so I stayed another two months and wasted even more of my time. This company is a joke and I wish I never knew about it. Life insurance sales is a joke. Get a real job people so you don't have to deal with people who try to scam you into their stupid business.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Well at the surface I believe Primerica has good intentions they are really shady. What the offer in terms of life insurance and savings is great but their business model is flawed. For one they try and claim to be on the doorstep of an amazing breakthrough that is set to become the next Facebook, Google, or Apple. That doesn’t add up since they got started in 1977 which is nearly 40 years ago. We all know FB, Google, and Apple were major success almost overnight and anyone and everyone knows who and what they are, large parts of America still wouldn’t know what Primerica is without someone explaining it to them. Two, if they were as great as they say you would be able to use the Primerica name alone to sell insurance to people, just like if someone were to say I have a position for you at Google or Apple where you can potential make millions they wouldn’t hesitate.

However, Primerica has a bad rep and they earn it. They're pushy most of the time insensitive and do whatever it takes to get you involved with their business. If Primerica was actually as awesome as they try and make themselves out to be then their name would speak for itself especially after 40 years. They tell you when you're selling and trying to get sales reps under you that it’s not sales and to not tell people that it’s for OR that you're with Primerica. That alone is shady and proves that they need to work on their image and name credibility more than anything else. I have been approached three different times to be a part of this business and each time I have turned it down. You say things to their reps and literally see them the next day and they don’t remember things you said.

While that can be a personal problem the larger overarching problem is that it shows that they're not paying attention 'cause they only care about the bottom line which is money. I think Primerica is great in terms of what they sell. Their life insurance is pretty awesome but their approach to business and sales is not healthy. They would be better off becoming a more traditional company like a bank than sending people through the ringer in a very similar fashion that Pyramid schemes do. If you want to be sales don’t care about losing friends and you have zero other passions than just making money and helping other people do okay in life savings then so be it. It’s for you. It is not for people that spent years in school for whatever their passion is that want to have a career in their area of study. Go do you went to school for. Don’t get roped into something that isn’t for you because of the shiny penny on the other side.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I've had insurance with this company for over 20 years, after become disable they lied that they had no waiver of payment only to find out that they do. Now after a few years of having the payment waiver they come now and ends my life insurance. This company is full of games and lies. Please find another insurance company to deal with, they will have your payment and out of the blue end your coverage.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

In December 2016, signed up for Primerica when I was unemployed and was fully committed to selling insurance. I was so impressed with the company I bought an life insurance policy as well. In January 2017, I was hired full time and stopped working with Primerica due to a lack of time. In March 2017, I noticed a two reoccurring charges (POL business account and Primerica Life insurance Policy) from Primerica and immediately cancelled my POL business account online before the next billing cycle.

In December 2018 I noticed that I was still being charged for my POL business account even though it was cancelled in March. When I contacted Primerica they gave me the runaround claiming my account was never charged then claiming they never received my request. I am truly disgusted with the way Primerica has handled my refund request. They have been extremely rude to someone who is an Licensed Insurance agent and was planning to renew his account.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

My daughter got kill and Primerica Insurance only pay for her basic insurance I had on her. But my agent told me that they was waiting on what police report said and they should pay me accidental death. Then weeks later told me my check was in and that Primerica doesn't do accidental death. What insurance that does not pay accidental death insurance.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I was called out of the blue after applying for a job website. A man by the name of Luther called offering me a potential job at an "open house" for his financial services company. I came to the open house, and there were 3 other people who also came. We all noticed that we had been called out of the blue by somebody who did not mention the name of the company. We say through a couple of very generic "get rich quick" slideshows. They were clearly marketing a pyramid scheme. Your join the company, pay a monthly fee to "own your own business", and recruit others into it.

The slides made it seem like the average Joe/Jane could make tens of thousands of dollars without much work at all. Do yourself a favor and Google "pyramid scheme" or "multi-level marketing". I told the Primerica hacks before I left the meeting that they should be ashamed of themselves for trying to take advantage of regular working people. Primerica is a scam of a company that lies to your face to steal your money. DON'T BE FOOLED.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Do NOT sign up with company!!!! In ERROR I signed up with this company in September, I changed my mind and called 1st thing in the morning. I had to deal with someone coming to my home again to complete papers to sign, and then they cancel the insurance but do not bother to cancel the enrollment so since then they keep taking $25 from my account and no matter how many times we call to cancel they keep taking MY MONEY!!! On top of it all every time we call we get some ** on the line who gets on a high horse claiming how FABULOUS this company is... WHAT A JOKE...

If you want to get rich by taking advance of others then I guess this is the job for you! So far thanks to these crooks I am out $100 and according to the last jerk I spoke to I will not see those funds back. Makes me sad to see there are companies still able to operate like this and rip off those of us who live pay check to pay check just to pad their wallets with our hard earned money!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Do NOT sign up with company unless you want to sell to your friends and family. I in ERROR signed up with this company in July, on a Friday, changed my mind and called 1st thing Monday morning. They informed me that they would not give me back my $125.00 because I did not take the classes. Then they started taking $25.00 a month from me. I have been trying for MONTHS to get them to give it back to me with NO response. This is a HORRIBLE company and their customer service is terrible. All I can figure is whoever is leaving the good reviews must be high up in the company. DON'T waste your time or money.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Very happy with Primerica's ability to customize life insurance policies and investing. Bigger companies laughed at my tiny $15k I wanted to invest. Primerica treats a client with $100 the same as someone with $5 million. Everything is customized to fit your income, expenses, goals and needs for retirement. Pretty cool stuff.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I see a lot of reviews and negativity regarding Primerica. To my experience with them, I have not had one bad experience at this point. I will not go on about how amazing the company is, because they are wonderful. If you are looking to become your own boss or want to make a difference in your career, then try them. Your license is through the State of Florida, nothing FAKE about that, they provide your course study material and so much more. I would not say that it is not hard, it is surely a hump over the road in getting where you want to be at as far as a financial comfort zone. The process is totally up to you and the effort of getting there depends on the how much you put into it.

I have read reviews on how bad other companies are, and at the end of the day, no one is perfect or most will never be completely satisfied. Most of us shop at stores that we promised we would never shop in again, but end up there anyway because it has what you need, located near you or when no other stores supply the merchandise that you are in need of. Your thoughts and concerns will help Primerica succeed by continuance growth in becoming more successful.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Woman called setting up a random interview saying I was referred. Being suspicious and alert I did research. I looked up the address she gave me and looked it up in the Denver Business Tax lookup site and it said the suite was registered to Prime America. Looked at these reviews and called back the agent named Anna. Cancelled our interview and she got super rude. Scamming people (tried to use name Moody and Associates) is rough. Don’t fall for it and do your research. I’m glad I did before wasting my time.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

This company has repeatedly lost documents that we have sent in stating they never received them. (Everyone else seems to receive the mail I'm sending.) They withdrew 4 payments out of my account in one month without authorization. When they were confronted about the issue they stated it was a computer issue and they would refund immediately but my husband would need to go in and sign a document first. (You screwed up and we have to drive to your office to sign a document to fix it?). Needless to say, we still have not seen this refund. This company is a scam! Also, they do not have a customer service number where you can actually speak to a representative. Their 1-800 number gives you the option to speak to one and then it gives you an Email address and some other information and not a live person! DO NOT PURCHASE LIFE INSURANCE THROUGH THESE PEOPLE!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I had a son with special needs. I originally had insurance through American Family Insurance for $15,000 which was all that they could approve for him with his condition. That was fine, I would've had what I needed to bury him. I met an agent while working that told me he could get me more for my son because he was a Vice President and at a lower rate. I let him take care of the paperwork which he said he would and my stupid butt let him. He lied on the application about my son's condition so of course the insured amount increased. And of course when everything settled I got denied because the company said he was never eligible for the insurance so they weren't paying out.

I will not be doing business with Primerica ever again. Apparently after reading reviews they do whatever is possible not to pay out... My recommendation is to keep at least $10,000 in a savings account so your friends and family can bury you. Life insurance companies do not make money by paying out claims. I had my other life insurance for 2 years before I cancelled it and they knew everything. Do not trust these agents. They do what they need to do to make the commission... POINT BLANK. PERIOD.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Just to let anyone out there that is thinking of purchasing Life Insurance from Primerica - they are not completely truthful - bought a policy 15 years ago (for 20 year term) and signed on with tiered levels - at 10 years and 15 years, part of the coverage would drop off as I would not need as much and the premium would drop accordingly. I decided to keep the 10 year tier (5 years ago) and my premium went up $5/month, did not think much about it. What they did not say was that the premium would be recalculated at the current day rate instead of staying the same.

This year the 15 year tier was up for cancellation so I decided to drop off both tier 10 and 15 for $79,000. My premium did not go down the $20 I was told and is now $101/per month instead of the $85/month. Do not buy if it is tiered!!! Your premium may stay the same or increase instead of decreasing with less coverage!!! My original policy was for $500,000 for $106/month. Needless to say, I am cancelling my policy with PRIMERICA and going with a different company at a lower rate!!! Don't need $500,000 anyway now - I AM DEBT-FREE!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I met this supposedly "nice woman" and out of nowhere she starts telling me if I would like to gain extra income. I knew from the start she was trying to sell me something. Seeing the building I was in, I asked her if she was with Primerica. She stated yes and that she was one of the greatest leaders in the office that she works in. In my mind, I had this positive outlook that she was very confident in her abilities.

She then asks if I knew anything about the company? I stated that from the reviews I have read, they have been nothing good and I think it would be best if we not have a conversation about joining the team. I know what I said was to the point, but her response actually shocked me. She stated, "Great, I appreciate it! I'm sorry you are not open-minded to bettering yourself." If she is a salesmen, would it not be wise to convince me the reviews were false and Primerica was the greatest thing since sliced bread? Nope, she insulted me. So, she solidified the negative reviews of Primerica for me. I would not recommend this company to anyone in this country.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My premium was $199.23 per month. In July it went to $1051.66. Contacted agent, took him 2 weeks to return my call. He sent a form for me at premium of $467.00 and reduced my insurance to $250,00. to $,150,000. Claims he didn't get the form. Filled Out and mailed and, this one set premium at $287.00. When policy was sent to me the premium was $653.00. They have taken $4204.00 from my account.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My husband recently passed away so I called about getting my husband's insurance money situated, to my shocking surprise he doesn't have one! Well that's a shocker because 7 years ago we signed up for life insurance. They said he needed to do a saliva swab so he did it, our insurance agent said that in 33 years no one has ever failed so we will be fine. We were led to believe that once the swab was taken we were insured but that was incorrect because supposedly he failed is what the agent is saying but Primerica is saying they never received it.

I'm complaining because I called two years ago and was told by the agent that we were fine everything was good and now my husband is dead and I am broke with three small children. I have contacted them and they keep sending me the same paper that we signed about his pending saliva swab, it is ridiculous and now I have to hire a lawyer because I am getting nowhere and my agent won't even help me.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

My husband passed away, leaving an almost drained Primerica mutual fund. It had $139 in it and being the executor, all I wanted to do was close the account. I met with a "vice president" of my area at my local bank to take care of this process. He failed to get the proper paperwork from me while he had access to certified copies, notaries and all the correct documentation. Therefore, I got a rejection letter from Primerica, saying I needed to send more documentation. I contacted the vice president for assistance.

He met with me at my house and just tried to sell me his wonderful products that I had never heard of. I sent him packing since I realized he had withheld information at the bank in order to meet with me again just to pitch a sale to me. So, after I sent more documentation, expecting this to go smoothly (we are only talking $139 here), I got yet another letter asking for more documentation. I quit. I spent time and money on postage that I will never get back, but at least I don't have to see the name Primerica again.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I was introduced by a lady in my church and deciding that I want to take the life insurance and do the investment as well, next thing I know they invited me to a meeting. I went to the meeting listened all about how they make a $100000 a year and so on. At the end of the meeting the guy sending out an application for us to put our account # so we can start working with the company. I didn't fill out the application. I took it. Went home with it. The next day those Primerica people went to my account. Withdrawn money from my account as if I signed the application. I believe it's a scam because I never sign the application or filled anything out.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I am still recovering from what happened today. I had an interview today. Not really even know what it was for. I was stupid in a way not telling from their job ad what this was really about. I was told to come in and ask for a woman whose name I will not disclose here. There was a woman in the front who I found out was the lady I was supposedly meeting with! She didn't even introduce herself once I told her who I was. Bizarre and unprofessional.. I met with a man (not even sure what his name was). He pulls me into the room for our "interview". He asks me what I do for a living. He then starts bashing what I do for a living very lightly. He starts asking me what my dream house and dream car are. Again, I should have known right off something was very shady. I gave him some answers after feeling under extreme pressure. He then gets a catalog and begins explaining to me about investments and life insurance.

So there you go. I am going to be selling insurance products to people. I'm assuming they are cold calls or whatever. Here's the worst part. He then asks me for 10 people names and numbers!!! I can see right through the **!! He wants to get sales of course! Scumbag. I give him one name and number and then I finally tell him "look, I'm not interested in this. Have a good day, goodbye. Oh, and don't call her please." He tells me to not call back. "Trust me pal, I won't." The other thing that bothers me is they have my information which I know legally they can't do anything with. I'm sure their products work for some people who are looking into retirement or investing or something. I am begging job seekers, please be careful. That is all.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

The reason a lot of people don't succeed in Primerica is because of work ethic. I worked Primerica starting part-time and in my second year, I earned $70,000 in income working part-time and still working a full-time police job. I then left the police department and took a promotion to Regional Vice President and run my own office in Pennsylvania. I am on track to cross over $100,000 in rolling 12 month income next month. So Primerica changed my life. I paid my $99 and my $25 to come on board to cover all of my financial licenses.

What a great investment to make that kind of money. It makes me laugh that people think Primerica is a scam when they have A+ ratings with Better Business Bureau, AM Best, publicly traded on the NYSE, and have been rated one of the most trustworthy financial companies by Forbes Magazine. Consider who has more credibility, someone who never did anything in the business or the above sources. If you are motivated and have a work ethic, you definitely can win in Primerica!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Passed my life insurance test in 4 days, yes they paid for it. Made $3,446 my first month, did not recruit one person. Was on business trips for my job for most of my second month with the exception of the last week of the month, wasn't able to do any sales but recruited 5 people, did not make a dime--proof that the $124 doesn't go to pay the recruiter or anyone else. 3rd month made almost $1,000 just in overrides from my team's sales (this does not include my personal sales income). My aunt, who is a new real estate broker, made $2,663 from the overrides on the sales of her team--proof that the Primerica business model works just like a real estate broker but FROM DAY ONE. My cousin joined and quit, got a refund. Proof that the $124 is refundable and that we want people who want to be here, it does us no good to recruit a quitter.

Wife and I have both since left our jobs and are working Primerica full time now getting ready to open our own office with a team of 50+ agents poised to do the same. Being an Engineer, research is your life and doing good, credible research is bred into you. As an Engineer, if you don't do that kind of research, bridges collapse, buildings topple, people die. I applied that same trait to my research of Primerica. The more you research this company the more truth you see. Good, positive, truth. That aside, fact is that my wife and I would never own our jobs and we would be working for someone else for life. Why do we want to own everything else in life but not our income? We work 30+ years while paying off our house and we can sell our house, can't sell our jobs. That makes no sense. That is not for me, nor my wife, nor my kids.

There is no risk with Primerica. It is SO simple and RISK FREE to own what you do here and you do it helping people who would otherwise be overlooked by the industry and struggling in the future. Most of the negative comments about Primerica online are related to someone not liking their trainer or RVP, yet somehow they chose to get involved with them in the first place and it's the trainer's our RVP's fault somehow. Or they had an issue with the $124, which if you didn't get your refund, your fault, also if $124 is a lot of money for you then there is something very wrong with the choices you've made to date and you shouldn't have quit but rather learned something about finances at least. But hey, quitters always quit everything don't they? Or someone realized that like any business, it takes hard work.

And also like any business you want everyone to know what you do, like what you do, and support what you do ESPECIALLY FAMILY, and somehow they've conveniently misconstrued this as some sort of red flag in an attempt to discredit the company and alleviate the painful truth that they themselves were the reason it didn't work out. Or someone didn't like the idea of someone brand new talking about finances, yet they fail to realize that the principles taught are very fundamental (how would Primerica do any business if it were rocket science and clients couldn't understand) and there is always someone in the office experienced and qualified (legally mind you) to go with a brand new person and discuss anything needed with anyone.

Beware of negative comments. Primerica is rated 2.6 stars on this site. Go look at Microsoft, Apple, Nike, HP, Samsung, Dell, Toyota. 7 of the most popular names in business, all with worse ratings than Primerica. But how much do you love your iPhone, Shox, or Camry? Get the point? Primerica is an amazing company with amazing products and even more amazing business opportunity.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I'm really confused by the reviews. All the reviews, says nothing about why they feel it's a scam. All the reviews I read, was they're a scam because the rep was a jerk, or their trainer was insincere. What does that have to do with company itself? I haven't read a review by someone that was a client of Primerica, and their services did not deliver. They told you they had this, but it was really this. I was approached by a recruiter. I listened to what he had to say, and I asked question. Clarification questions. I use to sell AFLAC (which was fricking amazing), so I understood how it worked a little.

What I do know, it doesn't matter how many times you tell someone something, they will hear what they want to hear. Even the young lady who had the problem with her fees. That's a question I asked up front. The $124 is for the background check, the class, and the test for your license. I was surprised they refunded anything. Normally a 2 day class for life and annuities is $200+, and the test is about $150. Them charging $124 is awesome. Haven't decided if this is something I want to do yet, but I don't think it's a scam.

Original review: July 13, 2017

So I got recruited inside the market, it's so funny to read all the reviews of the complainers that never got licensed or got a first "No" and decided, this is a scam... LOL. (So they stay broke and keep living pay check to pay check... Making someone else's dream come true. That's what you do when you are an employee). My question to reader is this, if Primerica is a scam/pyramids scheme, then how is it legal for a Los Angeles Police Officer to Join and work in building a company with Primerica. Want to know the answer, BECAUSE PRIMERICA IS NOT A SCAM. I served in the U.S. Marines for several years and even put my life in the line for many Americans who now enjoy their freedom (completed a tour in Iraq). I've also work in the finest Police agency that exist in the world LAPD.

But since I'm a climber and always take advantage of GREAT opportunities, I joined PRIMERICA few years back (5yrs). I'm still in the game and have learned, thanks to PRIMERICA and the extra income I bring home, I've learn many money rules that now have me debt free and with good savings and on track with an awesome retirement. PRIMERICA is really teaching middle income families outstanding money rules that no one else is doing. BUT for ME the best is the opportunity to leave my full time career to build my own business (you can stay at your job and be broke. I chose to change my security for freedom cause I fought for it... Lol).

The truth is you can join PRIMERICA and make some part-time income or you can choose to build a business. BUT if you are a quitter, you probably will quit at anything you do. (and you would probably experience divorce too because that's what quitters do instead of learning how to change and be better.) You can learn a new business which requires change in a person or simply stay stuck at your JOB and keep complaining. I love this business and will continue to grow it! GOD bless you! Go to school, get a "GOOD JOB" and retired broke and continue working another job after your retire at age 70 like many others... Or build a business and be FREE. It's the land of opportunities but only to those who take advantage of it. Winners keep trying until they Succeed, Losers complain! And complain! And complain more... It's your choice! YOU CAN ONLY FAIL IF YOU STOP TRYING!

Primerica Company Information