2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 5.00/5

Bestow is an online life insurance company offering a simple approach to buying term life insurance. Customers can get a quote within minutes and don’t need a medical exam to qualify for coverage. Bestow provides term life insurance with terms of 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 years and coverage from $50,000 to $1.5 million. Bestow life insurance is available in all states except New York.

BOTTOM LINE

Bestow offers term life insurance policies starting at $16 per month. Customers can apply online for a policy with a 10-, 15, 20-, 25- or 30-year term and coverage from $50,000 to $1.5 million. No medical exam is required.

PROS
  • No medical exam necessary
  • Policies start at $16/month
  • 30-day money-back guarantee
  • Online claim filing
CONS
  • Maximum eligibility age of 59
  • Not available in New York

What is Bestow life insurance?

Bestow is a life insurance company that provides a 100% online process for purchasing term life insurance. It covers individuals 21 to 59 in every state except New York. Bestow life insurance policies have terms of 10, 15, 20 or 25 years and coverage from $50,000 to $1.5 million. No medical exam is required.

All Bestow policies are issued by North American Company for Life and Health Insurance and reinsured by Munich Re.

Bestow life insurance plans

Bestow exclusively offers term life insurance to individuals who are 21 to 59, with no medical exam required. Policies have terms of 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 years and coverage from $50,000 to $1.5 million.

At the time of publishing, Bestow does not have any riders on its policies. The two main exclusions are death by suicide within the first two years of the policy and the providing of untruthful information.

Every policy has a 30-day free look period, offering you a full refund if you cancel within the first 30 days. You can still cancel a policy after 30 days, but you won’t receive a refund of payments you’ve made. There are no fees for cancellation.

Bestow cost

Bestow’s life insurance policies start at $16 a month. The price depends on variables such as your age, your gender, whether you smoke and the term length and death benefit amount.

At the time of publishing, a healthy, 32-year-old female nonsmoker can get $500,000 in coverage over a 20-year term for about $18 per month, according to the Bestow website.

You can get a fast quote online by entering your gender, birthdate, height, weight, ZIP code and whether you smoke. You then can see estimated prices for a policy with either term length and different levels of coverage.

Bestow insurance FAQ

What kind of life insurance does Bestow offer?
Bestow offers term life insurance policies for 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 years, issued by North American Company for Life and Health Insurance.
Does Bestow offer anything longer than 10- or 20-year policies?
Yes. Bestow offers 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 year policies.
What qualifications does Bestow require?
To be eligible to apply for a policy from Bestow, you must be:
  • 21 to 59 years old
  • A U.S. citizen or green card holder
  • Generally healthy
What does Bestow life insurance cover?
Bestow life insurance covers the death of an insured individual by paying out a death benefit to one or more beneficiaries. Your beneficiary must be a family member, a spouse, a domestic partner or a child. There are two exclusions on Bestow policies: death from suicide in the first two years of coverage and the providing of untruthful information.
Does Bestow have an age limit?
Yes, Bestow only offers life insurance to applicants between 21 and 59 years old. Its 20-year term policy is only available to applicants under 45.
Does Bestow coverage begin immediately?
Yes, coverage begins as soon as you are approved and make your first payment.

Is Bestow legit?

Bestow is a good option for life insurance if you prefer to sign up online and don’t want to worry about having a medical exam. Bestow only offers term life insurance without riders, so you’ll have to look elsewhere if you want whole life insurance or a policy with an accelerated death benefit rider. If you’re looking for a 10-, 20-, 25- or 30-year term policy and coverage up to $1.5 million, consider getting a quote from Bestow.

Bestow Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bestow?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bestow?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

So quick and easy!!! I am that lazy millennial who wants to spend the least amount of time adulting. So when I do I like the process to be quick and easy to fill out with my iPhone & not take much of my time! Which this literally took less than 5 minutes like it was almost too good to be true. However I received my documents seconds after the application was approved!

Bestow response

We're in the business of making hard things easier. We're glad you joined the Bestow family!

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I honestly could not believe how easy it was to obtain life insurance through Bestow. I got exactly what I needed, the premiums rates were great, and I love the monthly payment option. I was paying so much more for life insurance before I found Bestow. Additionally, the customer service is fantastic! I'm very grateful to have found Bestow and greater peace of mind as a result. :)

Bestow response

We will definitely pass this positive feedback on to our team! We're so happy you joined the Bestow family. Thanks for trusting us to protect your loved ones.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I switched to Bestow after I had a company not test me well. This process is by far the smoothest and easiest I've used. Rates and great and feel good about the coverage. I even got my wife to joint on as well as she has no clue her work didn't offer her anything.

Bestow response

We love hearing that the process was easy for you! Thanks so much for trusting Bestow. We're so glad that you and your wife were able to obtain coverage to protect your loved ones.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I have found no fault with this company. I love the price for the coverage. It’s within my budget and it’s automatically drafted on that day. I encourage any that read this to try Bestow out for yourself. I have told many about this company and many that didn’t have life insurance immediately got covered.

Bestow response

We love making the process of obtaining life insurance easy! Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

It was a real fast process and gave me exactly what I needed in 10 minutes. Not to mention it's cheap too! It's also super simple to make any changes I might need to make on the customer portal. I've recommended Bestow to basically all of my friends and family members!

Bestow response

Hi Adnan! Thanks so much for your great feedback. We love that the process was so easy for you. Don't forget to share the love and refer your friends and family to Bestow!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

My experience everything‘s been great. I really enjoy it I am glad I joined on with this company and got a policy through you. I will look to refer this company to my friend's families. I think everybody should have this opportunity.

Bestow response

Thanks for joining the Bestow family. We're so glad that you've had a great experience.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I’m 47 years old and was looking for a good term life insurance policy. Bestow was very easy and a smooth transaction. Now my wife and kids will be taken care of if something happens to me. Thank you Bestow!

Bestow response

Thank you for trusting Bestow to protect your family. We appreciate you!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

It was fast and easy getting insurance through Bestow. Answered a few questions online and bam! It was done. Great rates for over 50 years old too! I highly recommend Bestow if you want fast and easy with no medical exams. The rates are comparable to the other national brands.

Bestow response

Hi Tamara! We're so glad you joined the Bestow family. Thank you for choosing to protect your loved ones with Bestow!

Bestow Company Information