1.63/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Indeed

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

48 Indeed Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

There are way too many fake ads and scams on this website, along with jobs that require unrealistic qualifications. My experience has been an absolute nightmare. I've applied to so many jobs, would barely receive any replies, and if I do, it's usually a scam or a rejection letter. I think that most of these jobs are asking for way too many skills for low pay and so they won't have to train potential employees. It's an absolute waste of time and exhausting for job seekers such as myself. If you have no/minimum working experience, do not even bother with this website or jobs posted on there.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I placed an ad on Indeed. Placed same ad on 3 different sites. I got 16 responses from Indeed in less than 2 months. All called set up appointment. Not one showed. Not one canceled. I have been hiring for 20 years. I have never seen anything like this. Something is not right with this site. At this point I am questioning if they have not just hired people to respond.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My experience with interviewing potential employees from Indeed.com has been extremely disappointing. I scheduled interviews with 5 different employees and none of them showed up. The quality of candidates that I've found on Indeed.com is severely lacking.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

The site is really great. The best that I've seen but if you need help for any reason, be prepared to look really hard for a contact # and when you call there are 2 options. Option #1 will hang up on you, option #2 will tell you to go to indeed.com/help where you think you might get help from someone and still don't! It is a troubleshooting page that had none of my issues on there which were- I could not log in and payment methods would not work! Super annoying and time-consuming which I do not have time for. Whatever happened to real customer service? Not even an email? And I hate emails. I'm not dealing with any company anymore if they don't have real customer service help or care. It's too time-consuming... wasting money and time.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I've been a long time user of Indeed for job searching. I set up an account to post a job in which I was recruiting for a Marketing Affiliate. They disabled my account and provided no reason why. When I appealed I was denied again without a reason provided. When I contact them again to ask why I was told the decision was final and again was not provided a reason why. Nor was I able to rectify whatever I did wrong. They just disabled my account. Without Reason.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I applied for a job with TCS Management. They contacted me back via email saying that the job was filled but they had a client looking for a personal assistant by the name John **. I emailed "John **" saying that I was interested in the position. He emailed me back saying he was out of town and would interview me in two weeks. Yesterday out of the blue I get an email saying a check is coming in the mail for me, I get confused because who sends someone a check they never met, but I said ok maybe he wants me pay bills or something, so the checks comes in the mail with a different name on the envelope, and a different name on the check.

Right away I knew something was wrong so I contacted the bank and they said it was fake. I have children and I could have gone to jail if I was to go to the bank and cash it. I thought Indeed had real jobs on here not scams. I really want to speak with someone about this, before going to social media about my complaints. I have all my information on Indeed.com and now they have my address, I really feel violated and stupid because I'm genuinely looking for jobs and I get scammed. Now I can't contact anyone and the idiots on Indeed took the ad down once I told them I contacted authorities! I can't even speak to anyone at Indeed to resolve the issue.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Website is way too hard to use. I posted a few jobs and they asked me about a monthly budget??? I had no idea what to do. I had no idea what I was gonna be charged and it looks like it was about $50.00 for one month. So I went in to cancel the account and stop payments but that is even harder than anything. No cancel account button. No way to stop payments. Just horrible. Now I have to wait and call them tomorrow because their customer service is closed. I would NOT recommend indeed to anyone even my worst enemy.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Used this site for first time recently and thought it was real easy to navigate. Finding positions to upload resume was easy. Some employers sites are just too much. One took almost 45 min to complete. It would be nice to know this before getting in middle and realizing what's happening. It's not Indeed's fault but a heads up would be greatly. Those sites on this site could wait til interview process starts. I suppose this is their way of weeding people out at this point.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

After a lengthy history using Indeed for free/cheap I decided to try out their posted job ad and hire services. Will NEVER make that mistake again. My customer rep persuaded our small business to post ads that ended up costing us thousands of dollars and then made no apologies or concessions in response except to say they had tried to call me. This company should and almost certainly will fail as more employees are exposed to their unethical and unfair practices. Employers and candidates deserve much better. And cannot get much worse.

Original review: July 30, 2017

A fake job ads on Indeed that says “Music Teacher, Indian Idol Academy - Mumbai, Maharashtra” is fake. After you apply to the position, they send an email like "In order to join Indian Idol Academy, it is compulsory to join a training program called Music Mentor Certification Program. This program will cost you Rs. 10,000. For more details, log on to our website - www.indianidolacademy.in. Indian Idol Academy offers a host of opportunities to those who pass this training program. Join our program now and pay only Rs. 2000 registration fee." Many people applied and came to attend the workshop. None has been given any jobs. They have locked their office and now organizing it in different places. Please be aware.

Original review: July 21, 2017

My experience with Indeed has been an awful one. I reviewed my online bank statement and noticed that I have multiple charges on my account by Indeed. One amount around $30 and another amount around $500.00. Never did I give my account information to Indeed, nor would I ever have. This company is a complete fraud and I advise everyone to steer clear. I reported them to the BBB and their response to me was, "Well, you will need to contact your bank regarding fraudulent charges on your account." Well... obviously THIS IS COMMON SENSE and information I already knew. My concern was not that, that was a step I had already completed.

My concern was what Indeed was going to do regarding this happening and preventing it from happening again, but apparently they did not care, these emails were from the assistant manager of the company at that. If they have this type of individual in a management position, I can just imagine what other incompetent individuals they have working there. Completely ridiculous and this entire process has been so time consuming and such a hassle... TO GET MY HARD EARNED MONEY BACK for someone else's ridiculous behavior. Absolutely disappointed and WILL NEVER be using Indeed again. This company should be ashamed of themselves. Disgusting!

Original review: July 20, 2017

I place a job ad with them I believe on June 1st, however I wasn't really sure on the billing. My first applicant was not even remotely from nearby. Actually I believe it was the Middle East. I tried to cancel it. Couldn't figure it out. So I believe it was June 2 I post the ad. I could not figure how to withdraw the ad. So I sent a email and then another one. It took like 14 days. I just was billed 244.00. When I finally got an email back from them I believe it was Joe was the name. He said it would be taken care of. The person I called today was Mike or the names could be switched. I told him there are 6 applicant open and I never reviewed them. So wouldn't that show I wasn't using the service?? Since I never open the other and I did hire Achbar or whatever his name was. I don't have a branch in the Middle East. I'm just small family auto repair facility.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I had been using Indeed since 2010 and have spent thousands on the site (with traction mind you). Then all of a sudden, my account is suspended. Nothing changed on my end, however apparently the guidelines have changed with Indeed. When I had asked as to why my account was suspended, they did not respond with any reasoning (multiple reps). It's like they are told from higher up not to respond back. What disturbs me even more is that our competitors are on the site still. This is the worst back office operation I have seen in a while. The company I represent is a 150yrs old and we are offering a career opportunity for individuals looking for work for heaven's sake. We are not MLM and have received the most trusted brand award 8 years in a row. They really need to change how they manage relationships with clients. Not good business...

Original review: July 6, 2017

I applied for a part time job on indeed.com at Chick-fil-a. Received an email with a job offer requesting a copy of my ID and SS card. It also asked for me to schedule my drug screen and pay for it through PayPal. Well, I didn't realize it was a scam until AFTER I emailed my ID and SScard to chickfila. recruits@hotmail.com. Now what do I do? Wait for my identity to be stolen? After I thought about it, I called the Chick-fil-a to ask if they ever do a job offer that way? Of course the answer was "NO". Does anyone know what I can do about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Indeed.com needs to screen their job posting.

Original review: June 25, 2017

I have been trying Indeed, and I am glad I did not fall for their pricing scam which everyone else seems to have! Every applicant we have tried to interview has turned out to be a FLAKE! We had 18 applicants for our job and NOT ONE of them EVER showed up for the interview! This site is a total waste of time (and money it seems)! Buyer beware!!

Original review: June 21, 2017

They disabled my account, and I lost all access to the assets that we supposedly received from the site. When I called them to at least try and get a refund since they did not give me what they promised. They said they cannot refund any funds. They also charged my card for 45 days straight even though I set a 7 day limit. They are one big scam company.

Original review: June 20, 2017

Our corporate account was disabled saying our ad for advertising sales people did not meet their standards. We responded back with all of our contact info, our website, years in business (18), the fact that we also own an insurance agency and a marketing company. Our ad clearly states it's not MLM, no fees, no gimmicks, we just want the best sales reps working for us. This is a brand new project that took off over night. So we are in need of reps asap.

It took me less than a minute to go to indeed and see that other companies are hiring advertising reps, but had sponsored ads. I think this was done because I wanted to try it before giving them my credit card to have the paid sponsored job postings. No one ever called us, or spoke to us. Just sent form emails. I am telling everyone I know in the HR field to avoid this company. My rep would of earned 60k the first year and I know they have many people needing work. I will just use another site but this was a real time waster for us.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I did not post a job on Indeed. In fact, I had never even heard of them until last week. Some bozo walked by my building, saw that the body shop next door had put out a sign for employment. The idiot then snapped a pic and said my biz was hiring. We aren't, but now I am receiving 10+ calls a day, people stopping by dropping off resumes. This has cost me way too much time with my employees having to answer the phone and tell people the ad was a mistake. There is no way for me to take the ad down since I did not create it.

Indeed doesn't have an email to respond to, they want you to write to some place in Texas. Their phone service has 2 options, looking for a job, or posting a job, no customer service. It hung up on me. This place drives me crazy. No personnel responsible for the content of their site/app is ridiculous. I will NEVER use them, even if I have an opening. Stand up and fix what's wrong with your service and quit costing us who don't use you money.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Indeed.com used to be a reputable business, very disappointed in their advertising messages and charges. They do not provide qualified candidates as in the past and their charges have changed without explanation. Their representative when I contacted them offered assistance for how to better advertise after the advertisement had been completed, this help would have been better appreciated before the advertisement rather than after it failed. Please beware of this company and their vagueness to explain, very expensive advertising charges and they're refusing to refund improper charges.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I've been using indeed.com for a little while now and have been very disappointed with the following: Job posting costs: I never know what I'm paying until the bill comes in and it's been outrageous considering the poor results I'm receiving. I've had 1 "qualified" applicant that we've hired. I put in for a budget of $100/month and was charged almost $300 in one month due to "clicks." Completely BLEW MY BUDGET! Not the first time that happened. I've spent over $500 (with a budget I entered of $100/mo ) and was only able to hire the single applicant.

Qualified Applicants: Most candidates were completely unqualified and said they had certain qualifications and a Driver's License but did not. Indeed.com takes no responsibility in this at all. They did give me a $50 credit on "clicks" to keep my business. That with my $50 budget, I should have had a bill for around $50 but after a few days, I had a bill on my ccrd for $72. I checked my Indeed account and found I had only around 10 clicks so where'd the $72 come from in less than a month? There is no accountability on indeed.com's part and the second representative I spoke to was more than willing to help me shut my account down instead of offering any kind of credit. I will be cancelling my account indefinitely.

Original review: June 1, 2017

In reading some reviews in regards to Indeed.com I am going to add my irritation with that site as well as with other job searching sites. I really do not appreciate jobs being written in another language or making it mandatory to speak another language. It's ridiculous.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I was posting two legitimate job offers for some non-techie friends. Indeed disabled my account and wanted documentation, tax ID numbers, etc. to prove that I was affiliated with those businesses. While I understand their need for quality job postings, these were two very good positions (one involved a trip to Hawaii all expenses paid for a physically disabled friend) that could have benefited someone in need of a job. When I replied to their emails, they didn't even read them, just resent the same stupid reason for disabling my account. NOT RECOMMENDED. I will gladly recommend their competitor (Monster, local search) rather than this idiotic site.

Original review: April 17, 2017

While not Indeed's fault, this platform fails to provide most people the important opportunity of finding work. An acquaintance and I have been using Indeed.com for 5 months, in different fields, and have yet to find any work. When I graduated with a four year degree, everyone told me how my prospects were high and how I can be easily selected for work due to my portfolio, skills, experience, etc. Well that never happened.

On Indeed.com, most of the work expect such high levels of requirements. Again, while it's not Indeed's fault, there's no way to make your job search any easier. I have applied to tens of jobs, up to a few a day (if possible). I rarely ever receive a reply for any reason at all from the employer/recruiter. And if I do, they would tell me my skills don't match their requirements. I honestly don't see where I don't match because I don't apply to places I don't have the skills for, but again, it's not about *me*, right? So sometimes, it makes me wonder, whether or not they filled the position and just decided to make an excuse. Or am I just so untalented and unlucky. Or, are the applications even go to the employers.

I'm trying my best not to sound like a disgruntled person with high expectations for a free website, but if it's meant to help people find work, then there needs to be a better advanced search that allows more reliability. If we, as people, make the effort to send our resume, cover letters, etc., there's no reason why employers can't simply reply yes/no. There needs to be a search for REAL filtering. If I'm a dentist, don't expect me to know brain surgery. That goes for any other field.

The overall experience I had on this website has been worse than Craigslist, therefore I'm no longer going to use it. Maybe, as other reviewers said, it's much more reliable to apply directly to company's websites. I tried not to make my personal problems the basis for this review, however it's almost unlikely since this website was where I was placing my hopes for regarding employment.

Original review: April 14, 2017

Applied for a part-time job with a job posting named Agora. Turns out the company name is really Media-Agora. This is a fake company hiring customer service manager or account managers to receive email money transfers instructing you to deposit into Bitcoin. Just saw another posting for Agma Inc on Indeed. Looks exactly like the same fake company. Beware!!!

Original review: April 14, 2017

We are a small business (Sign Company), we recently lost out 20 year employee to retirement. We needed to add additional staff member to replace him. We tried Craigslist and the candidates were "shady" and a simple Google search brought up criminal activity. We heard about Indeed so I posted a job. We did get many resumes, about 70 to be exact. Of those 70 maybe 4 were actually worth looking into. Most were nowhere near qualified, we were getting resumes from female college students who worked in an office setting. The job clearly stated construction like environment, heavy lifting, etc...

Most of them had several misspelled words. Most only had a couple of lines per resume. I thought if we were paying $17.00 a day, they should at least screen for proper spelling and reject those resumes before they are sent to the employer. In total we spent $103.00 and threw out all 70 resumes. The pay rate was actually on the high end for a new hire.

Original review: April 3, 2017

When trying to apply for a job Indeed said I had the wrong password and locked my account. I just changed it like they asked but that did no good. Why in the hell do they have security questions without using them. Now I have to wait for them so I can apply for a job. Total **!!! This site sucks and shouldn't be allowed to operate. They won't let you call them which is a crock.

Original review: March 28, 2017

I recently used Indeed during a job transition and the breadth of jobs posted, updates and ease of navigation made it my top go to site. Highly recommend.

Original review: March 27, 2017

Indeed is only interested in sending you candidates if you spend a lot of money. For a small business and single owner, I don't have deep pockets, and to make matters worse, of the candidates I was provided, none came in to apply. Additionally, there's an error in their system that omits resumes from candidates' profiles if you select "apply in person". Therefore, you cannot screen them for location and work history. Stupid waste of time and money resources, and complete regret! I will Not use them again!

Original review: March 27, 2017

The site is very searchable. You can search by location, key words or both. Allows the user to save jobs he may want to apply for later. The categories for tracking where a job is help a lot. When a job has been filled or remove, the sites lets you know. The only issue I encountered was that it could not read my resume the way I had it. I had to create a special one for Indeed to parse. Even then I needed to edit it some.

Original review: March 25, 2017

Indeed gets quite a few jobs. This is very true. They also, however have outdated jobs that sometimes clutter the site. I don't know. It just always feels like a cluttered site though and it never produces really good job matches I expect it will.

Indeed expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.
    • Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.
    • Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.
    • Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.
    • Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.
    • Best for: Indeed.com is best for job seekers who want to search broadly for employment and for employers who want wide visibility for their job postings.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs