2. Job Search Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.67/5

Indeed Reviews

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Great platform from both a job seeker and employer perspective. Site is easy to use and the support has been great! I had an issue with getting my job to show up in their search results and was able to quickly contact their support team to make sure the account was re-enabled. Their team was quick to respond to my request and I was able to hire a candidate off their site!

Indeed response

Hi Estelle, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad to hear you had a great experience with our site. If you ever need additional assistance in the future. Feel free to reach out to our team at socialcare@indeed.com. Our team is always happy to help!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I love Indeed.com! The easily navigated website makes your entire job search feel and look very professional. They help you make a professional looking resume that can be easily updated, reviewed and attached to each job application. The site gave me a sense of confidence and excitement in my search. Their site continually sends job openings daily. The amount and variation of job openings were surprising and fun to see. I ended up with the perfect job for me within a month! I am 61 years old and it was the best job search I have ever had!

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I want to thank Indeed for not only helping me get a great job but a career. Although it did take some time, they really did help me by sending me notifications on new job opportunities as they came in. I also liked the fact that the jobs stayed relevant to the type of career I was seeking. Me and my family truly appreciate what they are doing for me and others. Indeed has been a great resource and tool, by helping a lot of people find great jobs and careers. So thank you Indeed for helping me achieve my career goals and keep it up.

Original review: April 19, 2019

As a small business we do not have a large recruiting budget. Indeed's free service has found us many amazing new hires at no cost to us. Their site is easy to use and I love the ability to utilize the questionnaire that limits candidates and only sends me ones based on the questions I ask. From a billing perspective, the prior HR Manager placed the $100 monthly subscription on our VP's credit card and then left the company. This was reported to Indeed and within 2 business days we received a full refund. This is a stand up company that I would highly recommend to any business professional.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

The website of Indeed.com is awful. Several times trying to complete and send a resume to a employer and several times it will not accept my information. Better off contacting the individual company and bypassing Indeed all together if you can. This is not right for a employment agency.

Indeed response

Hello Michael, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there and we can look into this together.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

No matter what experience I state is required I constantly have "baby sitters" applying for my kitchen manager position as well as many people who don't even live in Canada applying for the position. The ones that do apply with a name I can read tend to not show up for interview. Really starting to question how many of the resumes are real and how many are created by Indeed. Oh, did I mention they charge me money for these resumes from people who don't even have Canadian citizenship and are applying from Africa. This site is suck a fraudulent scam from what I can tell. 1 out of 100 might actually be a person in the country that shows up. Moving onto Zip Recruiter. Heard positive things about them and all the stuff I hear about Indeed matches my experiences. Except for those review that were clearly written by Indeed.

Indeed response

Hello Dave, a member of our team has responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there so we can further assist. Thank you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I continue to receive job postings for the company Sofina but checking the website for that specific company there are no jobs being offered. I suspect Indeed recycles old postings. It's a waste of my time and effort.

Indeed response

Hi Jane, a member of our team has responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

After being hired for a new position, I was tasked with interviewing and hiring a team. Indeed has made that EXTREMELY difficult to do. So I am using another service and I am pleased so far. My recommendation: be ready to show tax forms and confidential company information just to find resumes.

Indeed response

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. All accounts on Indeed do go through a review process that may require additional documentation for verification purposes. At this time, we have private messaged you so we can further look into this situation with you. Please follow up with us there. We look forward to working with you!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Indeed does not allow employees to post about their negative experiences with their current or former employers. They say that you cannot post, no matter how truthful, any illegal or immoral behaviors of companies on Indeed. You can post positive stuff all day long, but never a detailed negative review, no matter how spot on the review happens to be.

Indeed gives a false impression to job seekers because of this, and larger companies, with big budgets can have a glossy front, but sometimes, that is all it is, a glossy front. Sometimes these companies are truly really horrible to work for, and sometimes they engage and encourage illegal practices to boot. Why shouldn't an employee be able to describe harassment based on sex, gender, race, etc? It happens, especially in larger than life companies. Doesn't the public and job seekers have the right to know what really goes on behind those glossy fronts?

Indeed response

Hi Charlie. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Reviews are subject to a moderation process. If you wrote a review for a company that did not become public or was removed after being posted, it is possible that the review did not conform to our guidelines. You can view the guidelines at: http://www.indeed.com/cmp/_r/content-guidelines. Unfortunately, we are not able to discuss individual reviews that may not have been approved.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

After we leave a job posting on indeed.com they change and take off features that were promised in the first place. Misleading wording on their job site. They don’t even email you after they have made changes to your job posting. I’ve called customer support to ask them why we weren’t notified of changes on our job listing and of course they do not have an answer for us. Misleading listed information on their website.

Indeed response

Hi Dan, thank you for reaching out. A member of our team has responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there so we can further assist.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Indeed expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

• Best for: Indeed.com is best for job seekers who want to search broadly for employment and for employers who want wide visibility for their job postings.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team