2. Job Search Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.76/5

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Indeed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Original review: June 28, 2020

Indeed is an important and excellent job search site, job board, website. I have been using it for at least 3 years and running now. It offers me a great deal of latitude and alternatives for searching various fields or industries, I.E. Employment areas and commensurate options when I am looking for employment. I have 5 degrees in 5 different areas and so I need diversified searches. The varieties of potential jobs in a area or field is excellent when using indeed. I have recommend it to many people looking for employment in many career fields and either full and part time hours.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I am a retired school teacher, but since retiring in 2011, I have looked for part-time jobs just to add a little extra income to my teacher retirement (which just barely covers my bills and leaves nothing for anything else.) I have found three different jobs through Indeed. I found a job at a discount store, an assistant teacher's job, and a job at an eye care center. All were half-day jobs with average incomes that filled the gap I was looking for. The discount store was a seasonal job at Christmas, but the other two were long term jobs that I kept for a few years each. Indeed gives you a very good description of the jobs and makes it easy to apply. I found that I can completely trust the reliability of Indeed.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Despite finding Indeed to be superior in terms of the quantity of job listings, I never did find employment from using it. I believe that was due to my looking for a part-time position and my not having sufficient technological skills. For example, I had worked as a medical assistant/receptionist for nearly eight years (that was my last job) and I assumed I'd be able to find a similar position easily. Wrong! The doctor I worked for refused to use electronic records so I had no skills in that area. Most every other medical practice required someone familiar with medical record keeping and that seemed to make me automatically unsuited. I can't blame Indeed for that because they did have numerous jobs that were listed and seemed promising. I just didn't have the right skills.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Great platform from both a job seeker and employer perspective. Site is easy to use and the support has been great! I had an issue with getting my job to show up in their search results and was able to quickly contact their support team to make sure the account was re-enabled. Their team was quick to respond to my request and I was able to hire a candidate off their site!

Indeed response

Hi Estelle, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad to hear you had a great experience with our site. If you ever need additional assistance in the future. Feel free to reach out to our team at socialcare@indeed.com. Our team is always happy to help!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I love Indeed.com! The easily navigated website makes your entire job search feel and look very professional. They help you make a professional looking resume that can be easily updated, reviewed and attached to each job application. The site gave me a sense of confidence and excitement in my search. Their site continually sends job openings daily. The amount and variation of job openings were surprising and fun to see. I ended up with the perfect job for me within a month! I am 61 years old and it was the best job search I have ever had!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I've experienced two scams in two weeks, there are regular notices on the site of how to avoid being scammed, and lots of testimonials around about people who've been scammed. I've come to not trust the information on the site. I'm not sure if the jobs posted are even real, based upon the testimony of others. I tried to contact Indeed as the site itself says to if you think you are being scammed or to report a job you think is fake, and there was no way to submit any claim. Is Indeed doing anything to ensure the legitimacy of the jobs posted on its site? I'll have to go back to pounding the pavement at actual company websites, instead of wasting time wondering if my resume is being seen by legitimate companies or if the job postings are actually real.

Indeed response

Hello Marci, we can assure you that at Indeed, we work to proactively identify and remove predatory content from search results. To learn more about reporting a job or a message you received through Indeed please use the links below.

Feel free to send us a private message if you have additional concerns.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

My first and only post and this is the result: "Your ability to post jobs on Indeed has been disabled". No explanations, no email, just "disabled". Unfriendly first contact, no idea why, no customer support during weekends.

Indeed response

Hello Lili, to explain, it is normal that all accounts will be reviewed as we must verify the connection between the account creator and the company they are hiring for. We must also ensure that our quality guidelines are met. We would be happy to take a look at your account to see how we can help here. If you're interested, please send us a private message with your Indeed account email address. We look forward to working with you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: July 16, 2020

I have a resume on Indeed and my resume got marked as private for some reason. I reached out to indeed support and after a month they comeback and tell, "We reviewed and it's still going to be marked private" without any valid explanation.

Indeed response

Hi Lakshmi, one of our support specialists has replied to your review via private message. Please follow up with our team when you have a moment.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I love this website. It is easy to navigate and to find a job that fits your needs. It also sends you recommendations based on your resume. It also will send your resume to companies based on your resume.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I post employer positions to this website and find it very easy/user friendly. They also do basic posting for free and offer a paid posting if you want super visibility. They get postings on their website quickly. When 'looking' for jobs they need to improve, as the key search words and city should be more intuitive (i.e., when you put in 'secretary' you should get ALL clerical type postings).

Indeed author review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team