2.06/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

246 Indeed Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Recently there was a job posting for PA (personal assistant) at Avant Garde And the Owner of this company is MR. Suneet **. They had called me for the job opportunity and this person claims to be in Canada. His contact number stated is ** and he took help of a girl whose name is Sudha and her number is **. Sudha had called me and mentioned the job details. After I got convinced with the job she asked me to call Mr. Suneet and have a word with him. After the discussion with Suneet, he told me to complete a project on one city and after completing that he promised to pay Rs.2000. As promised, I completed the project and when asked him the pay for the project completed. He blocked my number stating the project was not good and ridiculed my work. Indeed should definitely verify such job postings.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

As a recruiter, I do not trust Indeed anymore. At first, they were fine, but I constantly run into resumes that have the same exact text but different names and locations. It's clearly some sort of bot posting them, because they all seem to forget to capitalize their last names. I've tried to contact a couple of them, but they never respond. I don't know why anyone would post fake resumes that never respond to offers, unless it's Indeed trying to make their resume numbers look good. In any case, it's not worth the money unless you can find resumes that link to some sort of social media profile. LinkedIn Recruiter Lite is almost the same price and is a lot higher quality.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Please be extremely careful, Indeed has hidden charges and even with maximum units set, they will automatically over invoice and charge you! The website is poor and designed so make it difficult to remove accounts or change charge settings.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Indeed decided to post the career page on my website without permission. It literally bogged down my entire company for 10 hours and cost me who know how much money. We were inundated with hundreds of emails, the phones rang so much we could not actually get real customer call. My cell phone is on the site, my phone rang every few minutes and people would not and will not stop calling. Some people said they even had a big pop up that highlighted our company over all the others, and showed over 10 positions open for hire.

I contacted Indeed and the first time I called the person acted like it was a huge shock that my company just "appeared" on their site. Finally, many hours later I got a supervisor on the phone. She admitted that they have software that takes companies career page and put it on the site highlighting it as a top hiring company. I asked her if she knew the kind of damage it caused my small business. Her exact words "We do know that it hurts small businesses that are not prepared, but only for the first few days, then it slows down". How dare you, shame on you for your shady tactics. If I ever need to hire a company to help me find employees, you can be sure it will not be Indeed.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We are Senpex, your corporate customer. Used you before as the recruitment partner, but what happens is you charged over even we didn't use you. So urgently if you care about partnerships and interested not to lose the customer, change your account executive and Sales Director George and Matt and refund our money you charged.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Expect lengthy information - First time letting a site search jobs for myself. I find Indeed expectations with replying to jobs and summaries are a bit much when you don’t have much to write but a few experience or applying to a job requirements.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I love this site. Easy to apply for jobs and it is so simple. Thank you. Way better than CareerBuilder! I just love how easy it is to upload your cover letter and resume. One of my favorite parts of this site is the ease of access to apply for certain jobs with their "easily apply" option next to certain jobs.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I have read some things on this website that have supported my decision to take Indeed.com to court. We are preparing our case as I speak. I am seeking other employers who have had a similar experience. Has Indeed disabled your account due to any fee's involved with the hiring process? They have disabled our employer account and refuse to come to a solution. They have allowed other companies to post jobs that involve fee's, just not ours. We are asking that any employer with the similar experience to contact us.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I would never use them again. They overcharge and set up accounts that charge monthly without notice. The applicants were not relevant to the position. And the same, irrelevant applications showed up over and over again. Did not interview any of the dozens of not qualified applicants. Complete waste of money and time.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I am in Memphis TN and Indeed has too many fake job postings in this City. Probably elsewhere too. I have called at least three companies I applied at that come up on Indeed as hiring with their addresses etc. and the companies have stated they aren't hiring and they did not place the ad. Also, I've been contacted a lot by very aggressive people from India who pulled my applications and who were trying to involve me in various scams. I would advise everyone to remove your actual name and phone number from your Indeed resume along with the actual names of your previous employers. Put as little identifying info as possible. Too many trolls using this platform.

CareerBuilder and Monster are no better. They link a lot of their jobs and you are redirected to the 'employer' site which has been faked in the past. Both of those companies sent me emails notifying me to put fraud alerts on my credit file because I had filled out apps on what I thought were employer sites after being linked from their site (including putting in my social security number, date of birth, and everything else) only to find out later that scammers had recreated the companies site and placed fake links on these sites. It's not difficult to recreate a company's website either. All you have to do is right click on the web page to pull up the HTML code and then put the exact code in a webpage builder and you have an identical site.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Indeed has sent me the mail for interview purpose. But this was a fake company. The company has opened just 2 days back. But the employee said me he is working from 3 years in that company. Please if you know properly send us the mail else don't sent. My full day was wasted and money too to travel.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I posted my first job on Indeed and they immediately suspended my account. I sent them verification and even called them and of course, the whole time they were just trying to get me to pay for a sponsored job. WHY DO THEY NOT JUST TELL YOU UPFRONT YOU HAVE TO PAY TO POST?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Honestly I felt like Indeed was legit and helpful. Up until I applied to a posting and I felt like the opportunity was too good to be true. But the responses from the "employer" seemed somewhat legit. Even provided a website and all. So I went to the website and checked it out. It had nothing on it. Just a background layout and then 3 "links" that did nothing. From then on I went and googled anything I could to find info on the company and found nothing. Until I googled the email address that I was getting responses from. IT WAS A SCAM! So sad that Indeed doesn't find a way to provide legit listings without those scamming low life people.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Every day I receive 5-10 email confirmations and application rejections from Indeed for jobs I never applied. Staff claim they don't auto-apply for candidates and it's not possible that their system was hacked. I've changed my password, included 2-step verification, it's not a shared computer, and no one has access to it, yet I still receive daily emails from Indeed confirming that my application and resume have been sent to employers for jobs I'm clueless about. Some of the jobs I'm not even qualified for, either through experience or because the job is requesting a bilingual candidate -- which I'm not.

Some jobs I'm either over-qualified for or significantly underqualified for, in both instances I would never apply to those jobs and waste the time of recruiters and hiring professionals. Then of course I receive rejection emails directly from the companies or from an Indeed auto-bot that says the company has moved on in the hiring process and I wasn't considered. This is happening on a daily basis and on days when I'm not even logged into Indeed. It appears that their system is auto-applying for jobs based on my job searches, job interests, and the types of jobs that show in my application history. Or their system has been hacked and a person or bot is doing these things.

Either Indeed isn't being honest about the auto-application process or they aren't being honest about being hacked. Because if I had a customer explain to me this exact situation and they have clearly taken the proper security steps to protect their account before and after the issue surfaced, I would assume the problem was on our (the company's) side and I would escalate the complaint to a person or team who could better address things for possible resolution. But that's not what happened in my case. Instead, after a few emails from me explaining how I secured my side of this "relationship" and that my concerns were leading me in the direction of canceling my account, the Indeed rep could only offer me steps on how to cancel my account.

So are they trained to do this? Is it easier to lose a customer than to resolve the technical issue? I've had two accounts with Indeed, because their system kept telling me that it didn't recognize the log-in details of my first account whenever I attempted to apply for a job, yet I was able to log into the account. Now with this second account either being hacked by a 3rd party or manipulated by Indeed, I've opted to leave Indeed and invest my time into a more reputable and conscientious company. I truly hope that they either resolve the problem or promote this auto-apply feature and fix the algorithms so that the application process is smoother. If not, they will lose a lot of customers on both sides, applicants and job providers.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I am an employer who used Indeed a couple of months ago. The pool of applicants on the platform is a crapshoot. Out of 40+ applicants, only a handful were qualified. We closed the job posting on Indeed, because it was not worth our time. A couple of days ago, I noticed someone had copied and pasted job openings in our name. I found out that Indeed is aggregating jobs from our company website and pulling them over onto Indeed. Their system scans public websites and scrapes those jobs onto Indeed. As employers, we were not notified that this was happening, nor was there a request for authorization to post anything on our behalf. It wasn't until I filed a complaint that this was explained. I seriously thought we were being hacked. I would avoid their services. I do not recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I had posted an ad in Indeed for vacancies in my organization. I put in a monthly budget according to my budget. I started getting extremely bad responses. Then I got a call from the team from an extremely rude guy who said that to get better candidates I should increase my budget around 8-10 times otherwise there will be no match. On hearing that is not my budget and other places are cheaper he became extremely rude and told me to remove the ad. I will never use this website again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have 26 years of executive sales and marketing experience, I have been a field trainer and district sales manager. I also have applied for 1020 jobs. That's right. One thousand and 20 jobs and no luck or job offer, Indeed sends the sale letter saying that I didn't meet their requirements of sales and need experience. Go figure!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I like to think most job postings on the Indeed.Com site are legit, but sadly they are not. I understand some companies are hesitant about supplying the name of their company to stop people from just randomly showing up dropping off resumes, but if you contact them through their Indeed.com site asking for more info and get ignored, more than likely it's a scam. It's good to know the job statistics and salary of your geographical area you are applying in. If a job seems too good to be true, do your homework first. Some fake ads too are using the names of real companies to lure you in, figuring you won't research any further and you'll innocently send your resume believing the ad to be real. Again DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I had an employer account with Indeed for 3 YEARS. Posting the exact same insurance sales jobs for the exact same areas where we have offices in... and no problems for 3 years... UNTIL, I post another round of ads November 2018, and then one day later get a notification that my account has been disabled and I can write in to appeal the decision. No call, no warning, nothing but their automated "your account has been disabled" email. So, I call my sale rep I've had for 3 years there, and nice guy... but he tells me he has no power and just to submit the form and see what "they" say. So I submit the form and thoughtfully explain our ads and our account, and how they are the same jobs they have been posting for 3 years now. They message back 2 minutes later, saying the account is disabled again and that I need to call in.

So I call in, and I only get a customer service rep who (after going to her supervisor) also says there's nothing they can do. The reason: They don't allow sales jobs where the training is not paid and/or where sales reps buy leads!! So, essentially, it looks like they are phasing out 1099 commission sales jobs. AND losing money in the process. So, we have been spending thousands with ZipRecruiter now (who by the way, actually let you TALK to someone in charge and try to understand your side).

Indeed was good (and we spent a LOT of money with them)... but that's all gone because of some messed up decision that leaves more sales rep candidates searching on other platforms... and more employers spending their money elsewhere. Terrible customer service for a client that has faithfully been with you with NO problems for 3 entire years!! If you are an employer who is looking to hire 1099 commission sales reps... Don't even waste your time with Indeed.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I’m dumping Indeed for one single reason: they cannot seem to keep up with inactive or expired listings. I realize some of that is the hiring company’s responsibility, but here’s what has happened to me on many, many occasions. Based on timing, it can have nothing to do with the hiring company. Short story? Indeed recommends a job, I like the look of the position, and that very same day, I spend 4 hours on my resume and application, and I hit the “apply” button. Within 10 minutes of my application, I get a “Job has expired” notification from Indeed. It is a HUGE waste of time I don’t have applying to defunct positions, which makes me really grumpy. Indeed, I’m moving on to a more effective app. Thanks anyway.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Sales forgets you are the customer and they exist to serve you. Plenty of rules the customer has to follow, but Indeed is slow to respond to issues. Resume database is absolutely not worth the money. They think it is a sales' sole function is to get you to buy "featured" jobs, when they've already scraped your job from your website.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have a seasonal Restaurant in the Hamptons. I reluctantly agreed to give this a try. The vast majority of applicants were from areas over 100 miles away from Eastern Long Island. A total waste of time and money. Thousands of dollars spent with almost 0 hires. (Maybe one or two). I also made it clear that all advertising would end by the end of June only to find out that my credit card had been charged through October. That was made crystal clear to “Dylan”. He either chose to disregard my request or it simply fell through the cracks.

I didn’t catch the error until recently since 100’s of charges go through my credit cards. I followed up about a month ago and told Dylan in view of my error missing the charges in July and August, (our busiest months) I would compromise and pay for July. He never submitted my complaint to the higher ups, and after I called back, I was told he was no longer in that area. Beware this company has no integrity and has horrible customer service. My guess is that they have millennials running the company who have no idea how to run an establishment and own up to errors, correct them and build on solid business relationships. It’s called “doing the right thing”.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

While searching for positions in Atlanta, GA the majority are from outlying regions. That wouldn't be bad except Duluth, Alpharetta, and Tucker are about 20 miles from Atlanta zip codes. This practice is blatantly and falsely advertising job locations. It may look like there are plenty of postings in Atlanta but in reality there are only a few represented by Indeed. Of course there are plenty of postings but they come from about a 75 mile radius ALL COMING UP AS BEING IN ATLANTA. This is a complete time waster for job applicants not willing to drive 5 hours a day. It is a huge time waster.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My name is Robert and I own a service company with around 0 people! After posting around 10 job offers no one was performing well! I had a phone call from Ryan ** who is Indeed account executive! I told him that Indeed website is not performing and he asked me to copy the info from job description and to fill out a Indeed hire page where a Indeed specialist will help with finding a candidates! After 2 days I received a call from Callen and she stated sending me a emails with different names and candidates. She also mentioned that she will stop our regular job search engine where I said OK!

So after several interviews we hired 2 guys and Callen asked me to sign a agreement. I said OK! So after a week I received a 2 invoices for $7900. Almost $8K! I have been trying to get in touch with Ryan. So far no luck, I'm canceling all of that with Indeed but no one explained what and how the Indeed Hire works, my average budget for a Month is around $300! On top of that one of the hired guys did not showed for work after second day at training! Whole system is a scam and I'm moving to ZipRecruiter!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Ad taken down and account suspended for no legitimate reason. They stated that we can't charge any fees, which our company does not, but they continue to suspend my account. I could have been a paying customer, but within minutes of posting my job, They suspended my account with no fair ability to see if this platform would be right for me. This is the best way to piss off a customer and to show your poor ability to resolve issues or work a situation out. I'm very displeased with their lack of ability to resolve the situation and make it right. Hopefully this is a blessing that I got suspended so that way I don't end up spending money on something that may not have been a good fit.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I recently moved to Miami Beach and starting job searching on Indeed. I applied to numerous positions posted, but couldn’t get an interview. I decided to contact one of the companies that’s was supposedly looking to hire here in Miami Beach (they were actually in California) and I was told by the manager there that they didn’t even have a location in Florida. Then I went back and googled some of the other positions offered and couldn’t pull up anything on the other companies in this area. They did not exist! I find it despicable that a person can sit and send resumes and cover letters all day, everyday only for the amusement of Indeed’s CEO. I have proof of their deception for I saved 2 PDF’s of fake jobs. There’s more on their site but I can’t waste any more time with them. Go look for yourself, you’ll see. EMPLOYERS - DO NOT PAY TO USE THEIR SERVICES! They are unethical and cannot be trusted.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I have applied for numerous jobs over the past year and a half through INDEED and have only gotten a couple of calls. I was shocked to find out (when calling some places directly regarding my application) that they are not even affiliated with INDEED and never received my application. Complete FRAUD.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I own a well established recruiting firm and although we do not post ads for our clients we decided to utilize Indeed to post ads for a number of internal recruiters we were looking to hire. Initially, the posted ads drew decent response, but many of the candidates indicated that they had never applied to our job and some were genuinely surprised their resume was even on the site! Then our ads were suddenly pulled down and we were informed that our firm would never be allowed to post on the site again!

Indeed refused to provide an explanation and when confronted with a request to review the decision indicated; "The account has gone through our reviewing process and our team has concluded that we will not be able to show these openings in our search results. This is a company-wide decision for all your company accounts. This decision is irreversible and final." They NEVER will allow our firm to post on their site again! It seems to me that a decision such as this should be transparent. This company will take your money and will leave you with nothing but lies!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

In Canada, this website appears to be a front for jobs and they are targetting the unemployed. I went to a few interviews through them and the interviewer was asking psychological questions which did not have much to do with the job. Another interviewer is supposed to be a manager at a hotel but only works there once a week, which sounds odd. Then she suddenly said the job was taken and they will hire in April again. Why so far off? Indeed is a fraudulent website and company and they are misrepresenting themselves to the public. The companies that use them are probably letting interviewers use their facilities for interviews and they get paid off for it. They are wasting time of job seekers and abusing them by doing this. This is total corruption. Anyone have a similar experience let me know. This is a very serious matter.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Stay away from this site! They will use any excuse to PAUSE or CLOSE your job posting to FORCE you to sponsor your ad. And read other reviewers who made the mistake of giving in and providing indeed with their credit card info. They go through hell trying to dispute the charges and getting their money back. Stay away from Indeed!

Indeed expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

• Best for: Indeed.com is best for job seekers who want to search broadly for employment and for employers who want wide visibility for their job postings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs