Indeed Reviews

• 4%
  • 7%
  • 75%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?
    Verified purchase
    Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed July 1, 2024

The new program (since Sept 2023) is VERY CONFUSING!!! Constantly feeling you are getting charged for something else you did not know about. Called 10+ times to understand HOW TO.... The employees themselves are NOT familiar with the workings of the website program. Calls to billing get nowhere.

Hi Mark,

We have sent you a PM to assist. Thank you.

Best regards,

The Indeed Team

Resolution In Progress
    Online & App

Reviewed May 20, 2024

As an applicant Indeed is a runaround AI runaround. Data is not safe. Lots a ghost or fake jobs too. The app is shady it seems and a money grab and data grab. Employers paying for this “service”’ should examine fee-per click $ and bills.

Pinned

Hi there, it's our priority to protect the personal information of our users. Please contact us by email at socialcare@indeed.com with more details if you have concerns so we can investigate what happened here.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 10, 2024

I tried purchasing the "Resume Review" multiple times and it doesn't seem like to work when I have been charged multiple times for $50 CAD each time that I tried by pressing "Confirm Payment" multiple times on April 16th, 2024. On the day of 9th of May, 2024 I sent a screenshot of proof of purchase more than once after being asked too and then when they asked for a bank statement I was waiting for my bank to send me a PDF of the proof of purchase of the Resume Review to send it to Indeed but then people in Indeed were not patient at all that they closed the case/request. I was patient for at least 3 days for each email that I send and wait for them to email me back, this is embarrassing for me that I have to go back and forth to the bank and the fact the staffs in the bank were arguing with in thinking that I was wasting their time. So it's easy for Indeed to take my money but it isn't easy to give me the service that I paid for?

Hi Saeed,

We are sorry to hear about your experience!

We'll follow up through a PM.

Best regards,

The Indeed Team

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed May 2, 2024

They tried to scam me immediately and now I have to cancel my credit card again so they won't steal my money. I tried to post an ad to recruit some employees for my company and they asked if I wanted to try a free trial to promote it. They then froze my account, used up my free trial for nothing and I just got an email saying they're about to charge my credit card anyways without even posting my ad. I didn't violate their guidelines at all. I just posted an ad looking for a laborer. Simple stuff.

Hi Claudiu,

We would like to have a closer look into what happened here, can you please follow up with us by email at socialcare@indeed.com so we can locate you account and check this out?

Customer Service

Reviewed April 18, 2024

I contacted the customer service and support line more than 4 times in order to activate my account, the answer I received was unacceptable and they mentioned that they could not verify the trade license. It looks like they tell you that they advertise one job post for free, but they will find obstacles. Maybe they want you to pay for job posting. Anyway, it looks like many employers have negative feedback.

Pinned

Hi Mohannad, we take the security of our job seeker and employers very seriously. We have an extensive moderation process designed to ensure a high level of quality in our search result. All accounts are subject to this review by our Trust & Safety team and they may require more details or documents about a company before they can verify them and allow their job postings on Indeed.

You can find more details on our Trust & Safety process here: https://go.indeed.com/2TR3WY

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed April 11, 2024

Hello all, I have filed a 10M lawsuit against “INDEED.” They are indeed a scam and use bots they use to communicate false information between job seekers and the so called, “employers” seeking employees. The entire format is fraud and deception and I can prove it, via the experience that happened to me and subsequent lawsuit I filed in Arizona Federal District Court. Please look at, BENEDICT v. INDEED, for info and updates on the case.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed April 1, 2024

Burned by Indeed again... Reviewed 180 resumes, 12 phone interviews, 5 in person interviews set up...4 out of 5 applicants no showed no called. After a good phone interview! The one 'show'...missing a front tooth in a receptionist job. Absolutely unbelievable. Just under $500 in cost and hours of my time. I don't get it??

How come their candidates seem so 'bottom of the barrel'. LinkedIn is much more productive but avoid the 'promotion' part of the job. That is their scam.

Pinned

Hi Nicolas, we know finding the right candidate can be a tough process. Please keep in mind that Indeed cannot control candidate behavior and that includes whether they show up for interviews. In addition, when a job is posted on Indeed it is publicly available for anyone to apply for. We recommend checking out our resources page: https://www.indeed.com/hire/resources/recruitment-hiring. It contains many articles that could be helpful to your candidate search.

Online & App

Reviewed March 19, 2024

Forcing you to sign into an account and give them your info to do ANYTHING. Want to scroll down? Sign in first. Want to see the website this came from? Sign in first. Couldn't even use it properly because of how crap the site is and how bad it wants to dig at your info.

Pinned

Hi Aden, we are always working to update and improve our products and features. We will share your feedback with our Product team. Thank you.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed March 14, 2024

I suggest a job seeker NEVER Publicly post on Indeed, CareerBuilder, Monster, ZipRecuriter. NEVER Check Remote work. I have been on Indeed for several years. It is Phishing site for Foreign Recruiters and Scam Recruiters to grab personal information or submit your resume for a job position to squeeze you out of the position. Indeed and the Employment Test! What a money scam. Good Luck, Several of these websites years ago were a good way to find a employment. NOT ANY MORE. They are scam/money & personal highjack sites.

Pinned

Hi Gary, we want to make sure job seekers are having a safe experience with Indeed. For this reason, your contact information is only shared with employers when you apply for their position or you accept their contact through our database.

For your safety, please review our Security page and these guidelines for a safe job search,

We hope this helps.

Customer Service

Reviewed March 13, 2024

I have put in over 120 job applications on indeed over two month time frame, and still no job, 99.9% of employers never respond, maybe Indeed just isn't sending the info to employers, indeed is awful.

Pinned

Hi Cortney, we know job searching can be tough and we’re here to help! While Indeed isn't directly involved in the hiring process, we recommend checking out this resource on our Career Guide about what to do if you're not hearing back from employers: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/what-to-do-if-you-arent-hearing-back-from-employers

Indeed author review by Anne Mercer

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

by Anne Mercer Contributing Writer

Anne Mercer has covered a number of topics, industries and companies since she began contributing to consumer-focused articles for ConsumerAffairs in 2018. She has a bachelor’s degree from Western New England University.

Indeed Company Information