2.90/5

321 Indeed Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 2, 2019

I want to thank Indeed for not only helping me get a great job but a career. Although it did take some time, they really did help me by sending me notifications on new job opportunities as they came in. I also liked the fact that the jobs stayed relevant to the type of career I was seeking. Me and my family truly appreciate what they are doing for me and others. Indeed has been a great resource and tool, by helping a lot of people find great jobs and careers. So thank you Indeed for helping me achieve my career goals and keep it up.

Original review: April 19, 2019

As a small business we do not have a large recruiting budget. Indeed's free service has found us many amazing new hires at no cost to us. Their site is easy to use and I love the ability to utilize the questionnaire that limits candidates and only sends me ones based on the questions I ask. From a billing perspective, the prior HR Manager placed the $100 monthly subscription on our VP's credit card and then left the company. This was reported to Indeed and within 2 business days we received a full refund. This is a stand up company that I would highly recommend to any business professional.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

This job finding company is absolutely incredible! I can't thank them enough for always coming through for me with employment. The accuracy of job matches is always spot on! I am working 2 jobs, one is 5 days a week. The other is one or both days (weekend) and love them both. For the first-time in my life I fit in at job places. The pay isn't very good, but I'm happy??? That's a first! The hours are perfecto! And the people are amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you INDEED. And keep up the awesomely incredible work you do to keep people employed???

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Indeed.com is one of the greatest job search websites that I have used and it even has the capabilities of showing me how many people have already applied for a particular job by the time I see it posted. Indeed is also deep rooted with Google itself since sometimes I would type the title position plus the location or the position title plus the company and surprise indeed.com appears on the first line of results in my search then indeed.com show me the results that I expect to see. However, of the few issues I see is that while today I see one position I like but for whatever reason I do not save it and I log out then the next day when I try to search for that same position I saw yesterday; that position does not appear. Indeed.com is like a ''take it or lose it" situation at times. But other than that, indeed.com is perfect.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Put my resume out on indeed.com has been very useful and very helpful. Within the first two days of my profile and resume being on indeed.com I had multiple job offers. I waited the mode very selectively and very carefully. I actually went and interviewed positions as if I was hiring them. Some of the companies found that very interesting and very intriguing. I did a little bit of more research on some of the companies that I was looking at. Some work great some were bad and some would not even be recommended to my worst enemy. I have found my job on indeed.com. Very happy with my job and will recommend indeed.com by far to anybody.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Original review: June 17, 2019

Uploaded my resume (professionally made) which I then had to spend hours correcting all the mistakes from the auto-fill-in system. When jobs start coming they are not conducive to my skills or even close to the resume. Finally, get a valid job worth applying for and there are two problems. 1) need to have a skills test which doesn't match the needs of the job and 2) the plain text resume is so messed up and wrong (not what I entered & corrected at all) that it looks like I am the worst candidate ever.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I find this process frustrating and unprofessional. I have gotten two interviews through Indeed. The problem is, there is no reality between the hourly rate shown on the site and what the employer was willing to pay. In both cases, I asked for the $18 hourly rate Indeed showed as maximum. Since I have an MBA and 20 years office experience, I thought this was reasonable. Both companies told me their rates were $12-14 per hour. Don’t waste my time. Also, there should be a way to contact the interviewer directly on the date of the meeting. Although I was on time for my interviews, traffic issues can cause delays and it would be convenient and professional to have contact numbers between the two parties.

Original review: June 11, 2019

They don't tell you upfront that your job posting is limited to views daily. I mean REALLY limited. No wonder we never have hired using Indeed. They do call you and promote a higher price for more views. Forget about that! Read the fine print (if there is any) and chose elsewhere.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Have been using Indeed, as well as the other job sites, for 3 years, and not much to be satisfied about. I don't know if I can blame Indeed & others for the failures, or just the companies they represent. I like Indeed for their quick apply and reply.

Original review: June 7, 2019

NO PRIVACY OR COPYRIGHT. We have spent tens of thousands of dollars with this company. They have no loyalty to their customers. It took us years to get our ad correct and they just let people copy and paste our ads to their own sites without asking permission. We submitted a complaint, they don’t respond back. All they have is their marketing people respond back trying to get us to spend more and more money. But when issues arise they ignore you for almost a month. There is no address and never responded back. Companies like this will not last long with no printables.

Original review: June 2, 2019

My fiance has been looking for work for months now. He had decided, based on what is recommended online, to skip Craigslist this time and use Indeed, Glassdoor and ZipRecruiter. All I have to say is that applying to averagely 10 jobs a week for 6 months has landed him 2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews. 4 from 100s of applications. He visited the unemployment office to try and help and they said his experience and resume were great, he was well spoken and they really were not sure why he wasn't having luck finding work.

So we started paying more attention and realized a pattern. Companies posting positions for 2 weeks were getting about 100 applicants then the job would close. Suddenly the next week the same company would post again. Very weird, they really haven't been able to fill the position? At the same time spam robo calls and emails have substantially increased on his phone and email. A lot of these are scams too, claims his credit card is stolen or he owes money for something etc. We are convinced a large portion of these job postings are fake and really it's companies collecting info to sell to other companies for marketing or even scams.

We finally switched back to Craigslist these last few weeks and the job board for the unemployment office and he has gotten 2 interviews lined up automatically. Craigslist has scams too but I feel it is more obvious and easier to avoid than whatever weird stuff is going on with Indeed. My thought is that maybe 20% of the jobs on Indeed are legit and because of that it can be a huge time waste.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I work for a staffing company, and for the last year+. Indeed was working perfectly, no complaints, 5 stars. However, all of a sudden I find one day that my account has been disabled, all my posts suspended, and absolutely no explanation as to why. I called several times and each person told me something different. From what I gathered, Indeed decided a few months ago that it no longer allows recruiters and staffing companies to post for free and they would be FORCED to pay to post anything. Yet they advertise themselves as free so they're lying. They even have an option on free accounts to post jobs in multiple locations, yet they suspend you for doing so unless you pay, which is clearly deception.

I never received an update about this policy change, never received a warning, I found out in the rudest way possible. On top of that, from the other reviews I've read and from other people who HAVE paid to post, Indeed lies about how much the cost would be. Apparently getting grossly overcharged is very common where you might think you're paying $5/day but you could get charged as much as $50 or $100. Because of Indeed I now have to find a new job since most of my income relied on them. I really hope someone starts a class action lawsuit against this terrible company, they can't get away with treating people like this. It's disgusting. Also FYI they got a new CEO recently so that may have something to do with it. I hope the marketplace punishes this company for how terribly they treat their users.

Original review: May 21, 2019

We were sold on ITA and that we'd get 33 resumes for $500. We were told by our rep that we'd receive qualified candidates within a 20 mile radius. Out of the resumes we received, several lived way outside of our radius and many had ZERO relevant skills at all. After voicing my concerns, I was then told that the ads are simply targeting candidates based on the kinds of jobs they apply to and where. It has nothing to do with their actual skill set or location. This was a complete waste of our money and they are doing absolutely NOTHING to provide a resolution. Their solution is simply to suggest that we pay even more money to get candidates. Bad business practices!

Original review: May 16, 2019

Wanted to try out out Indeed by posting a job and got some candidate. They were the worse candidates which never answered, missed interviews, didn't even come for the first day after hiring them. I deleted those job postings and added more details and requirements. Later that day I get a call from them saying that my postings are not in compliance. I asked why.

They just threw excuses around that, "Has no one ever contacted you to describe details," blah blah. I said no that I know there's nothing wrong with the posting. Then they switch it up and say, "It's because you only get one free posting and after that it has to be paid." Then I said, "I'm not interested that I only get bad candidates." Then they said, "It's because it's not paid," blah blah, "you will only get better candidates if you pay." Sure all lies. It's the same type of candidates just come up in the top of all the postings.

Then they said that they offer a $50 credit to post and I didn't like the idea and then they said they will close my account for not being in compliance... Sure.... They closed my account because they want money. I would of gladly made it a sponsored ad but the way they approached this is very wrong and the lies they mentioned are very wrong way of doing business.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I was a big fan of Indeed.com until yesterday. I check my job postings every Friday to make sure they are active, have a recent date and haven't "switched" over to sponsored ads. Lately, I had been receiving messages that my postings were paused and needed to be extended or sponsored to reactivate the posting. I didn't want to have any expenses with job postings this month so I made sure they were reactivated without sponsorship.

I walked in on Monday to $200 in charges with 5 postings with budgets of $500 or more. I reached out to my account representative and was told either I changed them or someone who has access made the changes. No one else has access to the account. By viewing my history it is clear that I have never made these types of sponsorships in the past. My max is usually $100. I don't know what happened... but I do know I didn't sponsor the postings. I will no longer be posting positions to Indeed outside of my ATS.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I posted a job and did get a good amount of candidates but they make it extremely difficult to cancel your subscription. At the end of the month I paid almost $700 only because they know how to make it look like you only pay one fee at the beginning and the final charge comes at the end with a huge bill. For people looking for a job it might be alright but for employers posting jobs I think it's a scam to squeeze out as much profit as they can.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I posted an ad, with the expectation of being charged for a certain number of 'hits', with a $20 daily limit. I received information from about 6 people inquiring about the position. When the bill came, it was for @$500!! When I phoned, asking why it was so high - I was told there had been 126 'hits' in the time I had run the ad. I call BS & FRAUD!!!

Original review: May 10, 2019

At first I thought that Indeed was a well priced way of advertising a job without the need to use a recruitment agency. As time went by I was charged more and more fees. I got endless pestering phone calls from their reps trying to get me to spend more money on my advertising and when I decided to close the account I couldn't. There was no option to close it myself so I had to email their customer services. They failed to close my account and continued to take money from my credit card even after the advert was closed etc. I have reported them to my credit company for fraud and have had the payments blocked. Be warned.

Original review: May 9, 2019

When I was looking to hire, I found the Indeed Resume Subscription Service appealing. It said that you would have 30 contacts that would last for 6 months and they had a system where the contacts get refilled if the candidate responds. It was not made clear that you would need to maintain an active subscription to retain these contacts, only that monthly your contacts would renew and your unused would roll over.

The month was about to end and I had 22 contacts left so I decided I didn't need another 30 and when I cancelled it cancelled my existing contacts too. When I called them, they said, "You have to maintain an active subscription to keep the contacts you paid for." So the 6 month period was misleading because if I have an active subscription past 6 months, I would still have contacts. They also gave very poor customer service and said "Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do." The standard greedy company line! Very disappointed!

Original review: May 9, 2019

Indeed pulled job listings from my company's website and posted them. I am being inundated with resumes from unqualified applicants and calls from employment agencies. I WOULD NEVER CONSIDER DOING BUSINESS WITH INDEED. I have called and asked them to remove the unauthorized listings from their website but the resumes just keep coming. A HUGE waste of my valuable time!

Original review: May 8, 2019

I contacted Indeed looking for help to recruit a few candidates last month. As a first time client, I was told the basic, but not given enough information regarding how Indeed would charge me for those ads. My thought was that I was paying for clicks, and I had a daily budget that would run low within a few days. Believe me, that was not the case. After a couple of weeks I received an invoice over $500 which had been already charged to my company’s card. I called & emailed customer service, and of course they didn’t move a finger as an effort to help me. It was like speaking to the wall. It didn’t matter because they had already charged us! This was the worst experience I ever had. Before you go ahead and do business with Indeed, make sure to read their reviews and understand all the details of their scheme. This company is a fraud! Never doing business with Indeed again!

Original review: May 8, 2019

I only gave 1 star because I had to in order to post this. I am yet another business account reviewing Indeed. My account was abruptly deactivated for no reason April 29, 2019. I contacted to appeal and spoke with Carina who told me that they needed more information about my business legal documents. HUH!!? I have been posting on Indeed for the last 3 years, so course I have those. I was told that within 24-48 hours, I would hear back from the Search Team. Never heard back so I called and then got an email that they made the decision to keep my account deactivated WITHOUT LOOKING AT MY LEGAL DOCUMENTS.

Okay, I appeal again and am now talking with Matt. He says that it may be the job description (much like the other's that I have posted over the last 3 years) and that he would look into my status. I get an email from Matt stating a lie the my job posted on Indeed asks for a fee. HUH!!!? I post jobs both on my website and on jobsites, but never the same ones on both. Our website has a position in the same department that is an affiliate marketing position that has a fee much like Avon etc. and the job on Indeed is a commission based sales position with NO FEES. AGAIN: THE POSITION ON INDEED IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT!! I call to appeal again and this time since I am wearing a 30-day Holter Monitor for my heart, I am not going to continue the emotional stress and physical stress that this experience with Indeed deactivating my account, has presented.

A few things to mention: Many of my job responses were from people who gave the same information/email responses. I hired a few people!! AND NEVER HEARD BACK FROM THEM!! Yes! There were fake job ad responders to my ads on Indeed!!! I was always happy to post there until I noticed this and wondered what was going on. My advice to any business: Post on your own website, or a few other reputable HR Hiring SaaS. The excuses Indeed gave me were the same as the ones that other's (posted below and on the BBB) were given: Random account deactivation, asking for documents, then making up their own excuse as to what they wanted to close the account for next.

I had the legal documents and they never accepted them, and my job posting on my website is different from the Indeed job as stated in the Indeed position, and I never claimed physical nexus in the locations that I posted in (yet another excuse). They wanted an excuse to close my account. Why? I was not a paying user! ;) If you own and operate a business AND are trying to focus on maintaining your health, go with a different company. Your business is about serving and providing jobs for others, if Indeed wants to waste time, don't let it be yours anymore.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I was fine with using Indeed to find work until recently a scammer somehow managed to find my contact info (I keep my resume private) and texted me about a job, I knew it was a scam almost instantly, and didn't give out any private information but the fact that these scammers can get away with this & there's a good chance they succeed with some people & those poor people lose a lot of money or their identity, that really irritates & frustrates me. Indeed should be filtering their employers or making sure these scammers can't reach out to you. I've used other job search websites and never had a problem with this. It's only on Indeed that I run into these problems, and lately it's been discouraging me from using this website. I also don't like the idea of some random person that's scamming people having my personal contact info.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I tried to post two jobs and both were denied. The first one was for a sales rep to work selling a home improvement branded product for Home Depot. The second one was for a part time bookkeeper. They denied the post because they said it’s a MLM business. We are licensed in 3 states and have $1,000,000 of insurance. We have never been in the MLM business. I think my company has been blackballed.

Original review: May 7, 2019

As a job seeker, I found they continued to post positions that were no longer available, especially if you showed interest in the job by reading the description of duties. So if the employer is paying “per click“ they are making money posting jobs that have already been filled and wasting people’s valuable time as well as getting your hopes up that the position may have opened up again. It’s hard enough being unemployed. Please stop the abuse and adding insult to injury.

Original review: May 5, 2019

Our company used indeed.com to post an employment ad. It was very expensive and felt like they used bait and switch tactics. We got three people who responded, two were not qualified and one never responded to calls for an interview. We posted the ad with our local state unemployment agency for free and began getting qualified applicants. I will never use indeed.com again. It felt like a scam.

Original review: May 2, 2019

This site always making me fool. Each and every company takes money for conducting interviews and yes when I asked this is consultancy or not, they told me, "No, no - it's direct company profile interview and you just come tomorrow on that address." But whenever I was reached then they starts ** - means taking money like ₹1500 or ₹600. If you are not able to give any person job then you will not be any right to taking money. ** job site. Worst experience ever.

Original review: April 28, 2019

It has taken me over a week to try to post a job. They take 3 days to respond to messages. They expect you to send your electric bills and passport photos and other BS to verify. Now they've removed my job posting because something something socialist something. This company is garbage.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Jobs sent are plentiful but most do not match experience, education, or stated interest. Even though I specified a 25 mile radius (one way) most of the jobs exceeded that. There is no communication stream whatsoever. The only thing you can do is constantly update your resume with stipulations. Because they send so many seemingly random jobs, it takes forever to go through them to find maybe one or two, that might be a match. They also say that "so and so company wants you" when you know better and the job is some assembler job or Uber/Lyft driver. I do not see where any attempt is made to actually match the position that is available with truly viable candidates.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I am a job seeker who is returning to the workforce after being self employed. I completely understand the logic of assessment testing. But I am having a difficult time understanding why I should take a test and not receive any feedback on how I did? If I take a test I want to understand my weak areas so I can improve but never find out how I did? What is in it for me? As it stands I may be taking a test thinking I am doing great and for all I know I am failing miserably. I contacted Indeed several times but I am making my last attempt today regarding this....Clearly I am not expecting anything other than an automated response. The moment I get that response I am closing my account and just using alternate sources.

Employer's perspective, as a former small business owner, I love the option of testing employees. But if you do not share your perspective of how your employee is doing? How do they improve? Some of my weakest employees have been my greatest assets just because I communicated with them. LOL. I have a weird feeling I am firing Indeed from my staff today. Good luck to all. Post detailed reviews so that we can all benefit.

Indeed expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

• Best for: Indeed.com is best for job seekers who want to search broadly for employment and for employers who want wide visibility for their job postings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs