Indeed

Compare Job Sites

Research top Job Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We had set an account with Indeed for our job posting. Somehow, we just realized that we were not able to view the resumes from the job seekers provided by Indeed. By following their instructions, we had sent them 3 times of requests, but got no replies and answers. It had been a while 'til today. We called them to find out the reason of being unable to view the resumes. We were told they could not answer us and they reserve the right for not to tell. I was very disappointed with their answers. They just do whatever they like to do without reasons.

Applied for a position - the Records Management Coordinator. This position I found in my email through Indeed.com, as I have alerts sent to my email regularly about neighboring job opportunities. Upon sending the complete application, attachments, (resume, cover letters, references, certification, transcripts etc). I have been informed that this position was only for internal applicants, so why is it not mentioned in the jobs created via internet, as well as also on their own website, that external applicants "Stay away. We are not offering you this position”?

I did not partake of any career services... I simply looked for job openings and applied if interested. I searched several areas of where I was interested in relocating. There were no hiccups on the indeed site so I was happy about that. Also, the links worked great and the website's performance was good. It let me know what types of positions were open in any given area which was very helpful to me. Many of the positions also contained links to the hiring company which was helpful in my research. I really have not utilized the customer support; however, I have not had any problems or issues with the customer support as well. I rated satisfied being that there were no issues with this.

Like how the Web site job search is. It helped me a lot. It also great with giving me new job opportunities. Love this website. It's very reliable. They keep me updated on new job opportunities. I always look at this job search site. Like it the most. Always looking for a new a different start at a new job opportunity. The site is very helpful. It hard to find a good job search site and I'm happy I found this one. They have great customer service support. They are there to answer any questions you have. They also are helpful with keeping satisfied. It hard to find great customer service support and I'm glad I found one.

They help you with job opportunities that match your resume. I have had several job interviews and I have actually gotten jobs from using Indeed. Once you find a job opportunity they will send you an email and then if you want it someone from the job will contact you and set up an interview. As long as you keep up with it they will help you as much as possible. Their value is in incredible. As long as you're serious about getting a job and you keep up with it they will do whatever they can to make it happen for you. They want nothing more than to help you. They help their customers a great length. As long as you try they do whatever they can to help you get the job you want. They love helping their customers and won't stop until you get the job you want.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

I really enjoy using Indeed for job searches. There is a wide variety of search for different positions depending on the location that you want to work. Also nice that it features a rating for the company that you are looking at for potential employment. I have had good luck with using Indeed. Unfortunately I am still unemployed but that is no fault to Indeed. About seventy percent of the jobs that I've applied to I have had some second kind of contact be it setting up an interview or finding that the position was filled.

Considering that Indeed is free it is a great value for those who are actively job searching. They have endless amounts of companies that use their site for recruiting so I've had jobs that have contacted me for possible.positions. Their customer service copied and paste their terms and conditions and ask me to read it all. After I read it I found out it is completely irrelevant! I went back to them to ask the customer service to point out if I missed anything. That is the only problem I've had.

They offer to put your resume out in the public for you and send it to potential employers in the fields you are interested in working in. That was convenient. Pretty reliable. Received emails on a regular basis along with notifications if there were new jobs listed in the area or field I was looking. I'd say it's valuable. I ended up working for a wonderful company for three years before leaving due to pregnancy related complications. Even after listed that I had been hired I was still notified of job openings in my area which I did like. I never had to come in contact with customer support. I did however have no problems navigating the site or the app so I suppose that's a plus.

They offered jobs but they never really came through. I just keep searching. The jobs they post generally require a lot of experience. I keep applying hoping for a better job but usually come up with nothing. They have a lot of jobs but for the most part the employers rarely call back once you applied. I applied numerous times with different jobs but they never were reliable. I think overall they do their best with trying to find people jobs but I guess it's up to the employer whether they call back or not. They only post the jobs so they do enough. I've never received a call or email from customer service about my job search and help when I have issues. They never touch base or give me any feedback as to why I didn't get the job.

Career services work fairly well, did what I needed to be done. Indeed is a great website for finding jobs/preparing for a job and anything in between. I only looked into a few of the job opportunities, but those that I did seemed like fairly good jobs that I would be interested in pursuing. Good service. When looking for a job becomes stressful it can be a very valuable find to come across a website like Indeed. Helped me out, thanks Indeed. I did not speak with any representatives and that's a good thing because I did not need to. The website is very intuitive and responsive so I had no problems.

These job websites are good sites for looking at specific jobs in specific industries in your nearby area. However it is for use for more professional jobs rather than beginner jobs. The results that the site pops up seem to be pretty reliable. Although some searches may be outdated if the position has been filled or removed from the original company. It is a good value for job searchers as this provides another website for those to use when searching for jobs. Although there seem to be many job sites popping up with the same results. I've never had to use the customer support on these job sites. I can't imagine there would be much questions as it always links to the original poster's site where you get support directly from the company hiring.

The career services offered there are absolutely excellent. There are many available options in choosing a career and the website also helps you to make a resume. The career offers and services are highly reliable. There is a very wide range of career options available and the website is quick to email you when an employer is interested. The value of this service is great because it is free. It is nice being able to browse job offers without having to spend money on a newspaper to see what is available. Customer service is extremely helpful and reliable. They can answer any questions that I may have without transferring me over to another customer representative.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.
  • Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.
  • Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.
  • Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.
  • Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.
  • Best for Indeed.com is best for job seekers who want to search broadly for employment and for employers who want wide visibility for their job postings.

Compare Job Sites