1.20/5
Based on 96 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

134 Indeed Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

Indeed Jobs website a real waste of time. Jobs links don't work and no way to apply to positions, just get redirected to the company website where you have to create an account that doesn't work. Federal Reserve jobs not accessible. No ability to apply to jobs that Indeed has posted on their website. Real waste of time and effort in the job search process. I have never found a job using Indeed website. Poor service. No support.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I made the mistake of using Indeed. Now I cant seem to close the account. I spoke with my account manage Sr. Account Executive Anthony ** with indeed he said he would close the account for me and when we were ready to call him back. Now I am reconciling my account here comes another charge month after month. Use Craigslist or some other way. This company Indeed was a joke. I found help from Craigslist for $25 all this money and no hires.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 6, 2018

I have received responses asking me to email an AOL address and we all know people don't use those anymore. I have had text messages and emails that are very suspicious after doing research on every company.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I received a call from Indeed jobs stating my CV is been shortlisted and for the further process I need to pay a small application fee of Rs 10, I was fine with it since it's a small amount but later I saw the amount that was deducted was Rs. 2100 which is a very big amount. I have been trying to call that lady who called me but her phone is not reachable. Her name is Shardha and I believe this was from their Chandigarh office. This is my personal experience, anybody who views my review. I would request you please don't use their services and boycott them. Whether you are an employer or a job seeker you will definitely get conned.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I published an ad in Indeed.com as it was advised as "free". When creating the ad etc. I then got advised I had to set a daily limit after we got our first invoice of $26.64. The limit was set at $5.00 for this job. After getting another invoice $21.43 I postponed the ad as I was not getting any CV's at all. Well, turns out that as long as you do not close your job they will continue charging you. They failed to inform me that they are still charging my account. I am sure thousands of employers make the same mistake that I did and so the company must have made a lot of money from the employers' mistake. The company falsely advertise that the ad is "free" when it's not. It's a minimum daily fee of $5.00 a day, which is extremely expensive. Please do not use this site to advertise for employees as limited CV's got sent through and it is a complete rip off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Original review: June 28, 2018

Indeed is a scam... I have submitted dozens of resumes through Indeed, and haven't even gotten a nibble. Also, once you upload a PDF resume, it appears in text format without any formatting. I'll be job hunting elsewhere...

Original review: June 27, 2018

I'm writing a review on Indeed.com and how they are a scam and completely unfair in their job posting review. I have been going back and forth with a Josh **, Client Success Specialist, who I contacted after receiving an email that my job did not comply with their terms and conditions. He shares with me that if my company is offering splits and commission fees paying for agent training then we would have to be a company that pays the agents and hourly wage in order to post on their website. I explain to him that in most agencies, there are no training wages being paid to a new agent (or if any very few do), he then takes my statement back to a review team.

I then begin receiving countless emails from him on things to update on my postings in order to get them to now approve the account for us to post jobs. He proceeds to send me further instruction for the next 2-3 days on things to update. The Last email from him states that in order for them to post now I would have to "Sponsor" any job at their required sponsorship options for the review team to now place them on the site. Indeed.com has lost me as a small business owner job poster. It has scamming practices and unfair practices as to their terms and conditions for my agency versus agencies on the site.

I saw a posting from a larger firm here locally offering training to their new agents and it stated nothing about the agents being paid during this period. Indeed is a SCAM and I would advise for small business owners to steer far away. The only positive out of the situation is that Josh was a starch professional on the phone and via email, but obviously the review team is overseen by scoundrels or are that themselves. I'm finish updating and I'm going to assuredly make sure that companies know that Indeed.com is very unfair in their supposed requirements. DO NOT POST ON INDEED. DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH THEM!

Original review: June 25, 2018

I published an ad in Indeed.com and I set a limit to the budget for this job. Well, turns out that as long as you do not close your job they will continue charging you. For two months after I hired an employee they continued to charge my credit card and I did not receive any invoices or receipt. I found out by accident that my credit card is being charged by them. They failed to inform me that they are still charging my account. I am sure thousands of employers make the same mistake that I did and so the company must have made a lot of money from the employers' mistake.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Beware of the hidden monthly charges and add on charges for every time you reply to an email. I couldn't believe I had a bill for over $500.00 to post a job!! Absolutely outrageous. I wouldn't recommend this website to anyone, it's nothing but a money grab with and no results whatsoever. The applicants on Indeed were all non-committal and basically the people who can't find employment anywhere else. Mostly a bunch of losers.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I used Indeed.com to post a job. After posting a job using their no charge option, I got a call from one of their reps convincing me to pay a sponsor amount daily. They tried to explain how that would increase my effectiveness at getting quality candidates. I thought I would give it a try. I sponsored. The following 2 days later, I got another call asking how the response was and I stated I saw no difference in the candidates. He (Brett) said I did not get good improvement because I did not sponsor at the high rate that he recommended. He continued to try and convince me to spend more, and used examples that made no sense. He further said he looked at the applicant resumes and said he could see the quality of candidates were improved.

So I had to ask him who was better qualified at assessing candidates for my job post, which he acknowledged he did not have better expertise than me to assess candidates for my job posting. He then resorted to high pressure sales tactics and said you get what you pay for and I was not paying enough. If I pay more I would see a difference and I would have to pay more than other sponsors to do well. Watch out for these tactics and particular reps who try to pressure you. There is no clear demonstration of what value you get for paying more. The rep could not explain it well and just stated that I would have to pay more to see the benefit. Premise of the website seems reasonable, the Reps approach to getting you to pay more is absolutely unprofessional to the point I will pull my payment and posting on principle of such bad rapport and service.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Indeed is an effective recruitment tool, but beware of hidden charges when posting jobs on Indeed. They will make it should like you are paying very little and then you are billed for hundreds of dollars. I am not so concerned with the return on investment... Just very concerned with the misperceptions they create and the fact that there is no cooperation when you suggest there was a misunderstanding. In fact my "chat" with Carlos was like chatting with a robot. Overall, not a satisfactory experience.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have contacted Indeed.com numerous times regarding text messages from fraudulent people pretending to be another company for "background information" to hire me. One agent asked for me to do all of the research while the other simply did not care that sensitive information was being given out to these scammers. They have all of my information. Thank goodness I use my P.O. Box and not my home address. People should be warned.

Original review: May 31, 2018

One of my old jobs somehow got turned back on the second month??? They charged me $500 for this job advertising. They even commented that the listing would be down on the list and would not get good exposure but for some reason the charges were higher on this job than the new one with better exposure. I requested a refund for the $500. The put me on hold to grade my account. When they came back they said that since I had been checking the account regularly and had used the tutorials that they could give me a $500 gift card for future services. I explained to them that I was not happy because the quality of the candidates was poor and I wanted a refund. They did not care that I was going to give them bad reviews and never use their service again. DON'T USE THIS SERVICE. If I have seen this website before I signed up I would have avoided them.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Though I cannot prove it, I suspect Indeed manufactures "clicks" for charges. I have a budget of $500.00 per month for multiple job offerings in the construction industry. Somehow I always manage to hit that $500, EVERY MONTH, notwithstanding the lack of inquiries, in some cases I get a couple of emails a month, when prior I would get 15-20 and I would search resumes for the same money. Now that they increased the charge to view resumes by 233% and 150% and I don't search, it should have gone down. It used to cost $1 to contact an applicant, now it's a monthly subscription fee of either $100 for up to 30 contacts which is an increase of 233% or $250.00 for up to 100 contacts which is an increase of 150%.

To get someone to assist you at Indeed is literally, A JOKE. The platform and the recent changes are NOT user friendly for the job applicant. I'm certain the majority of them have no idea their resume lacks any identifying information like name, email address or phone number. ONLY those who pay subscription fees has access, which I bet are mostly RECRUITERS charging a FEE and not a legitimate job offering.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I never go out of my way to write a bad review, I just don't have time for that. BUT in this case, I will make time, what a nightmare this company Indeed.com is. Try to cancel the services after you authorized the charge to your credit card for a job posting and you continue to get bills for months. What a scam, there is no customer service, contacting them by phone is difficult at best and the representatives are clearly comfortable with any client complaints. As for the resume responses we received for a simple skilled mechanical type position posted, they felt staged at best and people not looking for actual jobs.

I paid nearly $1000 for nothing. Post for office position and you would received hundreds of applicants poorly qualified applicants that are impossible to sort through. If I can sway even one employer from this site, then this was worth writing. Save your money and frustration of dealing with a bad company. Do not authorized your credit card with them.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have no idea how these guys even got my credit card number. I'm not sure if they have other fake websites, but please do not use this resource for your job hunt, or job posting. They have no contact info on their site... That's always a problem. They continue to try and charge my card for $100-$200 at a time. Total scam site. I doubt their job postings are even real.

Original review: May 22, 2018

My brother and me have interviewed 15 candidates for 2 job positions with Indeed. The candidates are of poor quality and often do not show up for an interview and fail to give a courtesy call that they won't be making it!

Original review: May 22, 2018

They are the top worst of the job boards when most companies are supposedly perusing for their next hire. Unlike Monster or CareerBuilder which allow a simple resume upload, even multiple resumes, Indeed plain overall sucks. Their platform is backwards archaic. Your resume upload turns into a lopsided "reformatted" page, with your information scattered all over the place, forcing you to waste time editing everything. Just an utter joke. Only use Indeed to job search, NOT resume upload.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I have used Indeed both as a hiring manager and while looking for work. The reality is that Indeed has hit critical mass and along with LinkedIn, has become one of the top two employment websites. I've hired people using Indeed, and I've been hired using Indeed. I do agree that their pricing policy can be shady which is why it's imperative that you track it closely when using it to hire people. Make it clear to your Indeed rep that you are not willing to spend more than x dollars and establish it through emails, so you have something in writing. If you're looking for work, be sure to check the resume formatting because when you upload your resume it won't necessarily look the way you uploaded it.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I have applied to thousands of different positions in my area over the past two years and have received one interview. Several of the businesses that I followed up with told me they never had a position open and they never received my resume. I have extensive experience and a B.A. in paralegal yet have not gotten any viable leads from Indeed.com. I would highly suggest people find an alternative method of finding employment.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I called a company regarding a resume I sent and they stated that they never had that job. Someone is using a company name, posting an ad for the job and poor candidates like me are sending in my resume. I've APPLIED to OVER 1,000 jobs on Indeed over the last 8 years and I never was hired for one and I received 5 screening calls. They're RUNNING TV ads that are fake and need to be shut down!!!

Original review: May 6, 2018

Indeed.com turns out to be a deceitful, disappointing potential resource for the very limited amount of potential employee pool. Indeed.com now wants to CHARGE me to access resumes. Now, am I right for thinking it should be the job seekers that have to pay to get their resume visible? Why should I pay to look at resumes? This source has been available for free for the last few years...out of the blue I lose access and am being asked to pay to look at resumes. NO THANKS, indeed.com. YOU ARE NOT GETTING A DIME FROM ME. CHARGE THE JOB SEEKERS FOR THE RIGHT TO POST. Stop wasting the employers time, and stop begging us for money. We get enough of that from the employee pool.

Original review: May 2, 2018

As with all others on this site with similar experiences utilizing this company, we too have fallen victim to the devious practices of Indeed.com. As stated by others, cancelling your account is not an option according to the so called account managers with this company. They will charge you what they wish to without pre-approval and state it is predicated upon previous results. Our results were limited to zero and yet we were continuing to be charged.

When challenged, the manager (Steve) refused to reverse any charges claiming fault was on our side in creating this account individually rather than utilizing an account manager to do so. If you sign up - account managers are not at the ready and they make it simple for you to become trapped into their web of unethical, despicable business practices. A word of caution to all those who have or are using this service - first...don't and second - if you have call your CC company and block them from future charges. This is how they increase profits thru fraudulent billing.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Worst thing about Indeed.com is the fact that there is no option to cancel your account. In fact it's very hard to figure out how to stop them from continually billing your credit card. This is by design. In the long run they will ruin their reputation as a legitimate business. I suggest reporting the card stolen or lost and getting a new one. It's the only way to get rid of this company.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I received a bill for almost 200.00 dollars after posting an ad on Indeed. Word of advice NEVER EVER supply these crooks with your credit card. They have a complicated and deliberately CONfusing billing structure that is designed to rip off small business. You get tons of applicants that are in no way qualified for the position. I will be disputing this charge with my credit card company. I've never felt so swindled in my life.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Additional fees are not clearly explained - While Indeed offers a broad exposure to potential employees, I was very surprised to learn what I thought was a one-time $20 fee accrued to more than a $275 fee before I noticed this. Since the position I posted was local and low-paying, the fees are not justified. Be cautious and read the fine print on this one!

Original review: April 26, 2018

Posted a job opening this past Monday for a technical coordinator and dispatcher for my business. Within 24 hours I had over 100 resumes and a bill for well over $200.00 from Indeed. We were very specific regarding what qualifications we were looking for in our candidates in our posting. We received resumes from bartenders, home health aides, lawn mowers, kitchen workers, teachers, sandwich decorators, etc.. There were only two candidates that applied that had any technical experience and they had less than 4 years in unrelated fields.

I emailed and called Indeed about my concerns, spoke to two individuals about my disappointment and the invoice. All they could do was issue me a $100.00 credit on my next job posting. No matter how hard I pleaded my case, they would do nothing about my cost for the JUNK resumes that we received. I will be disputing the charges on my credit card.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Every time I have promoted a job listing on Indeed, they take it as an open invitation to charge my card at will. When you post a job they ask if you want to promote a job listing. Promoting a Job means you are agreeing to pay a certain amount per qualified applicant that applies to your post. You can put a limit per day and how many days you are promoting it. Indeed completely ignores this and charges ridiculous amounts. I paid the first invoice and specifically informed Indeed that I was not happy. I informed them that I did not wish to promote the listing anymore and that they were not to charge my Credit Card again. Less than a month went by and they charged my card more than double the first amount. With all of the ways to run job listings with better results, STAY AWAY FROM INDEED!!

Original review: April 20, 2018

You will spend weeks and hours applying without knowing how long the potential employers will keep you. Tremendous waste of time. Some require hours just to send a resume. I am looking for other ways. This is not the way. In fairness applying for jobs has become sterile and robotic. It is a shame, for there is real connection just time wasted.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I've advertised on Indeed reluctantly over the last couple years. I'd say less than 5% of applicants are qualified for the job, and less than 2% are qualified for the job, and actually know what job they applied for. You could require an MBA and a degree from Harvard in mathematics, and you'd still have high school kids with no experience applying, and paying for those applications. Example: I was hiring a management position for my retail business, it required 1 year of management or 2 years of retail, and living in my city. Out of the 50 applications I got, 5 met my requirements. Of that 5, only 2 actually were interviewed because the other 3 didn't even know they applied for the job. That campaign cost me $100USD and I never did hire from it. My last job post had about 100 applicants, and maybe 4-5 were worth interviewing, but barely. The amount of time to review these 'applications' was hardly worth the effort and definitely not worth the money.

Indeed expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

• Best for: Indeed.com is best for job seekers who want to search broadly for employment and for employers who want wide visibility for their job postings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs