2.16/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

229 Indeed Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I like to think most job postings on the Indeed.Com site are legit, but sadly they are not. I understand some companies are hesitant about supplying the name of their company to stop people from just randomly showing up dropping off resumes, but if you contact them through their Indeed.com site asking for more info and get ignored, more than likely it's a scam. It's good to know the job statistics and salary of your geographical area you are applying in. If a job seems too good to be true, do your homework first. Some fake ads too are using the names of real companies to lure you in, figuring you won't research any further and you'll innocently send your resume believing the ad to be real. Again DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I had an employer account with Indeed for 3 YEARS. Posting the exact same insurance sales jobs for the exact same areas where we have offices in... and no problems for 3 years... UNTIL, I post another round of ads November 2018, and then one day later get a notification that my account has been disabled and I can write in to appeal the decision. No call, no warning, nothing but their automated "your account has been disabled" email. So, I call my sale rep I've had for 3 years there, and nice guy... but he tells me he has no power and just to submit the form and see what "they" say. So I submit the form and thoughtfully explain our ads and our account, and how they are the same jobs they have been posting for 3 years now. They message back 2 minutes later, saying the account is disabled again and that I need to call in.

So I call in, and I only get a customer service rep who (after going to her supervisor) also says there's nothing they can do. The reason: They don't allow sales jobs where the training is not paid and/or where sales reps buy leads!! So, essentially, it looks like they are phasing out 1099 commission sales jobs. AND losing money in the process. So, we have been spending thousands with ZipRecruiter now (who by the way, actually let you TALK to someone in charge and try to understand your side).

Indeed was good (and we spent a LOT of money with them)... but that's all gone because of some messed up decision that leaves more sales rep candidates searching on other platforms... and more employers spending their money elsewhere. Terrible customer service for a client that has faithfully been with you with NO problems for 3 entire years!! If you are an employer who is looking to hire 1099 commission sales reps... Don't even waste your time with Indeed.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I’m dumping Indeed for one single reason: they cannot seem to keep up with inactive or expired listings. I realize some of that is the hiring company’s responsibility, but here’s what has happened to me on many, many occasions. Based on timing, it can have nothing to do with the hiring company. Short story? Indeed recommends a job, I like the look of the position, and that very same day, I spend 4 hours on my resume and application, and I hit the “apply” button. Within 10 minutes of my application, I get a “Job has expired” notification from Indeed. It is a HUGE waste of time I don’t have applying to defunct positions, which makes me really grumpy. Indeed, I’m moving on to a more effective app. Thanks anyway.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Sales forgets you are the customer and they exist to serve you. Plenty of rules the customer has to follow, but Indeed is slow to respond to issues. Resume database is absolutely not worth the money. They think it is a sales' sole function is to get you to buy "featured" jobs, when they've already scraped your job from your website.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have a seasonal Restaurant in the Hamptons. I reluctantly agreed to give this a try. The vast majority of applicants were from areas over 100 miles away from Eastern Long Island. A total waste of time and money. Thousands of dollars spent with almost 0 hires. (Maybe one or two). I also made it clear that all advertising would end by the end of June only to find out that my credit card had been charged through October. That was made crystal clear to “Dylan”. He either chose to disregard my request or it simply fell through the cracks.

I didn’t catch the error until recently since 100’s of charges go through my credit cards. I followed up about a month ago and told Dylan in view of my error missing the charges in July and August, (our busiest months) I would compromise and pay for July. He never submitted my complaint to the higher ups, and after I called back, I was told he was no longer in that area. Beware this company has no integrity and has horrible customer service. My guess is that they have millennials running the company who have no idea how to run an establishment and own up to errors, correct them and build on solid business relationships. It’s called “doing the right thing”.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

While searching for positions in Atlanta, GA the majority are from outlying regions. That wouldn't be bad except Duluth, Alpharetta, and Tucker are about 20 miles from Atlanta zip codes. This practice is blatantly and falsely advertising job locations. It may look like there are plenty of postings in Atlanta but in reality there are only a few represented by Indeed. Of course there are plenty of postings but they come from about a 75 mile radius ALL COMING UP AS BEING IN ATLANTA. This is a complete time waster for job applicants not willing to drive 5 hours a day. It is a huge time waster.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My name is Robert and I own a service company with around 0 people! After posting around 10 job offers no one was performing well! I had a phone call from Ryan ** who is Indeed account executive! I told him that Indeed website is not performing and he asked me to copy the info from job description and to fill out a Indeed hire page where a Indeed specialist will help with finding a candidates! After 2 days I received a call from Callen and she stated sending me a emails with different names and candidates. She also mentioned that she will stop our regular job search engine where I said OK!

So after several interviews we hired 2 guys and Callen asked me to sign a agreement. I said OK! So after a week I received a 2 invoices for $7900. Almost $8K! I have been trying to get in touch with Ryan. So far no luck, I'm canceling all of that with Indeed but no one explained what and how the Indeed Hire works, my average budget for a Month is around $300! On top of that one of the hired guys did not showed for work after second day at training! Whole system is a scam and I'm moving to ZipRecruiter!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Ad taken down and account suspended for no legitimate reason. They stated that we can't charge any fees, which our company does not, but they continue to suspend my account. I could have been a paying customer, but within minutes of posting my job, They suspended my account with no fair ability to see if this platform would be right for me. This is the best way to piss off a customer and to show your poor ability to resolve issues or work a situation out. I'm very displeased with their lack of ability to resolve the situation and make it right. Hopefully this is a blessing that I got suspended so that way I don't end up spending money on something that may not have been a good fit.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I recently moved to Miami Beach and starting job searching on Indeed. I applied to numerous positions posted, but couldn’t get an interview. I decided to contact one of the companies that’s was supposedly looking to hire here in Miami Beach (they were actually in California) and I was told by the manager there that they didn’t even have a location in Florida. Then I went back and googled some of the other positions offered and couldn’t pull up anything on the other companies in this area. They did not exist! I find it despicable that a person can sit and send resumes and cover letters all day, everyday only for the amusement of Indeed’s CEO. I have proof of their deception for I saved 2 PDF’s of fake jobs. There’s more on their site but I can’t waste any more time with them. Go look for yourself, you’ll see. EMPLOYERS - DO NOT PAY TO USE THEIR SERVICES! They are unethical and cannot be trusted.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I have applied for numerous jobs over the past year and a half through INDEED and have only gotten a couple of calls. I was shocked to find out (when calling some places directly regarding my application) that they are not even affiliated with INDEED and never received my application. Complete FRAUD.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I own a well established recruiting firm and although we do not post ads for our clients we decided to utilize Indeed to post ads for a number of internal recruiters we were looking to hire. Initially, the posted ads drew decent response, but many of the candidates indicated that they had never applied to our job and some were genuinely surprised their resume was even on the site! Then our ads were suddenly pulled down and we were informed that our firm would never be allowed to post on the site again!

Indeed refused to provide an explanation and when confronted with a request to review the decision indicated; "The account has gone through our reviewing process and our team has concluded that we will not be able to show these openings in our search results. This is a company-wide decision for all your company accounts. This decision is irreversible and final." They NEVER will allow our firm to post on their site again! It seems to me that a decision such as this should be transparent. This company will take your money and will leave you with nothing but lies!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

In Canada, this website appears to be a front for jobs and they are targetting the unemployed. I went to a few interviews through them and the interviewer was asking psychological questions which did not have much to do with the job. Another interviewer is supposed to be a manager at a hotel but only works there once a week, which sounds odd. Then she suddenly said the job was taken and they will hire in April again. Why so far off? Indeed is a fraudulent website and company and they are misrepresenting themselves to the public. The companies that use them are probably letting interviewers use their facilities for interviews and they get paid off for it. They are wasting time of job seekers and abusing them by doing this. This is total corruption. Anyone have a similar experience let me know. This is a very serious matter.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Stay away from this site! They will use any excuse to PAUSE or CLOSE your job posting to FORCE you to sponsor your ad. And read other reviewers who made the mistake of giving in and providing indeed with their credit card info. They go through hell trying to dispute the charges and getting their money back. Stay away from Indeed!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I did manage to get 2 part-time jobs thru Indeed, but as soon as I started using the site I was flooded with texts, emails and calls from sites I never visited. All of these were for student loans, health care, even help getting disability or the like. It also included interviews and job offers that offered high salaries. It was so bad I stopped answering the phone. Sometimes I got up to 30 calls a day. Plus emails and Texts. So I was successful in getting a job twice in fact. But it came with a huge headache. Use with caution.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

This site had the audacity to want only charge my credit card $422 for an ad that I DID NOT EVER PLACE! (They'd had my card from when I'd attempted months ago to use their service!). It took more over half an hour of aggravation on the phone, so they could tell me to "look for my full refund in 3-5 business days!" WTH?!? How DARE they steal MY money and then expect for ME to wait for them to return it?!? It's like they made themselves a no-interest LOAN! Talk about irresponsible, wanton derelicts!

I currently use two other reputable sites to advertise for employees and I will NEVER bother with Indeed again! I feel like they knocked me down and stole my purse! (*I instructed them to delete my account and never to harass, harangue, or pickpocket me AGAIN!) With this level of irresponsibility, it is my opinion that they shouldn't be trusted with someone's credit card or personal information! Just imagine if I were a huge company -- I might've never caught the unauthorized charge that they egregiously made when they decided to help themselves to MY MONEY!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

They don't tell you the whole truth about billing or candidates. I needed to hire a person experienced in my business and after working out the bugs the first couple of days I was told by their rep that adding licensed or experienced in front of the title would assure me of getting only the qualified people I was looking for. That was as far from the truth as could be expected. Once I changed my ad to read "Experienced" I still continued getting 75% of resumes that weren't even close to knowing my business and it cost me close to $300 in less than 1 week, that's $81,200 a month if I kept it going. The only ones that benefited from my ad was Indeed.com. I calculated ZipRecruiter would have been less costly for me to use. It would have cost me for 1 month what I paid for 1 week with Indeed. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Stay away from this, just a waste of money, false resumes. They self subscriptions for a year like if you are going to be hiring all year long, they have a very high percentage of false resumes and you never get a good candidate.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

This job finding company is absolutely incredible! I can't thank them enough for always coming through for me with employment. The accuracy of job matches is always spot on! I am working 2 jobs, one is 5 days a week. The other is one or both days (weekend) and love them both. For the first-time in my life I fit in at job places. The pay isn't very good, but I'm happy??? That's a first! The hours are perfecto! And the people are amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you INDEED. And keep up the awesomely incredible work you do to keep people employed???

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Very happy with Indeed. They corrected a billing error. I discovered that I had not, in fact, suspended multiple city postings and it accumulated a rather large fee. Indeed customer service reversed the charges without an issue. So grateful. I will use Indeed again and again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I just recently post a job posting on Indeed to search for qualified candidates. After the post went live for about 3 hours my account was disabled. A representative called me to explain the details I wanted to include in my posting would come at a cost. I agreed to the cost but could not proceed because as she explained I will have to appeal and wait for the compliance department to reactivate my account.

After receiving an email with no explanation that my account will remain disable I appealed again and explained that one of their reps called me and told me what I needed to change about my ad, and if they can simply delete the current post so that I can pay for the ad. Again it was denied. This is my first time attempting to use Indeed so I'm wasn't razor sharp on the details of posting. The errors were extremely mediocre fixes. I wouldn't recommend this company for your candidate search.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Indeed will ask why you rejected a candidate and then does nothing. They will call you and ask you for your feedback. And they do nothing. We have a 99% NO SHOW rate for interviews. I told Indeed they need to block these people from posting their resumes. He proceeded to tell me they can't do that (they can) and then kept talking over me. Why are you calling me if you're not going to do anything with my feedback and not allow me to speak at all? Waste of my time and my money.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

If you are considering using Indeed, proceed with caution. Once you put your info in it's there to be used however they want. You don't now how professional a possible employer or even the Indeed staff conducts themselves so you don't know if your errors such as punctuation, grammar, and so on are going to be used for research for Harvard grads or a Forbes article so take that into consideration before submitting ALL your information.

Once I started applying I began getting A LOT of SPAM calls, not cool I'm trying to earn money not get scammed. Once your Indeed account is set up there is no deleting it, so I just erased as much info Indeed let me and put killaccount where I could. I STRONGLY advise anyone who is serious about getting a career to research yourself what you want to do for the rest of your life and apply DIRECTLY with that company on their website and if they want you to set up an account through (ex. Jobvite) then do so. Other than that DO NOT TRUST Indeed.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Been using Indeed to find a job and I'm getting the same jobs over and over. Recent issue was wanting to reapply and the system wouldn't let me. Contacted Indeed and their response was, "Thank you for contacting Indeed. Since we are not representatives of the companies listed on our site, we do not have a way to edit or withdraw an application that you have submitted. Currently, there is not a way to re-apply or to cancel an application through Indeed."

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

In the past three years of utilizing Indeed.com to look for a job, I have never once been offered a position. Most recently, from July 2018 to September 2018, I submitted/applied for 204 jobs. Each submission included a cover letter along with my professional resume. 204 jobs, and zero results in terms of gaining employment.

Also, I elected to have job alerts sent to me via email from Indeed.com. Every single email alert had EXACTLY the same jobs as the email before it, and I would generally receive 5 email alerts from Indeed.com, back to back, again, ALL WITH THE SAME JOB LISTINGS. It got to a point in which I had to turn off the job alert option. After I elected to discontinue email alerts, I would search for jobs on the Indeed job board. Jobs would be posted, and upon further review of the job requirements, 75% of the time, the job opening had "expired". If it's expired, please remove it from the job board.

I have never wasted as much time applying for jobs as I did using Indeed.com. Again, 204 resumes submitted, with cover letters, over a two month period, and zero results. I will never recommend Indeed.com as a resource to find job openings, let alone employment. I couldn't remove my resume from Indeed.com fast enough, and deactivate/delete my "account".

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

The location filter doesn’t always work, or is ignored. I also get frustrated with all of the paid job advertising. It is sometimes difficult to decipher actual jobs from advertising in wrong locations.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Within the past month I have applied to 23 job listings on Indeed.com all of which I am completely qualified for. My resume was done professionally and I have excellent references. I DID NOT POST A RESUME ON THIS SITE BUT I DO ATTACH A RESUME EACH TIME I APPLY. I have applied to jobs using the “Apply Now” button. Out of the 23 applications I submitted I have received ZERO responses! I am however, receiving 5-7 scam phone calls a day and they never started until I submitted job applications on this site. The phone calls that I am getting are everything from solar panels to vacation resorts to life insurance policies. I am 100% positive that indeed either sells the information or has people phishing for the information. I am at the point of seriously considering changing my phone number. I will NEVER apply for another job through this site.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I have in depth experience and knowledge that Indeed.com as well as other major job boards are ripping off employers who are looking to hire people. They use well known bait and switch tactics, they will pump you full of leads for little money and then extort you for way beyond reasonable advertising funds until you leave. This should be prohibited under monopoly law but no attorney has the balls to take them to court with me. They have literally ruined my recruiting business. I’m about to shut my company.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

They have sent to my inbox jobs relevant to my interests and abilities for five years now. There is variety, not just same companies repeated. Unfortunately I never actually applied for any of them.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I am highly suspicious of this company. I posted to Indeed because I am passively looking for a new job. After a few days, my boss contacts me about my looking for a new job. Come to find out, the company also uses Indeed to recruit. Somehow, my boss was notified of my posting. Luckily, I was able to explain the situation and have experienced no repercussions. In addition, there have been several news articles of late about scam artists using Indeed to collect personal information. Long story short, use Indeed at your own risk.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

They should ban contract companies from using these sites. People are looking for real jobs not a 30 day or 3 month contract. And you want people to read your resume and not ask you something that is already on the resume. You want to ask the can they read.

Indeed expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

• Best for: Indeed.com is best for job seekers who want to search broadly for employment and for employers who want wide visibility for their job postings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs