2. Job Search Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Indeed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Original review: June 28, 2020

Indeed is an important and excellent job search site, job board, website. I have been using it for at least 3 years and running now. It offers me a great deal of latitude and alternatives for searching various fields or industries, I.E. Employment areas and commensurate options when I am looking for employment. I have 5 degrees in 5 different areas and so I need diversified searches. The varieties of potential jobs in a area or field is excellent when using indeed. I have recommend it to many people looking for employment in many career fields and either full and part time hours.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I am a retired school teacher, but since retiring in 2011, I have looked for part-time jobs just to add a little extra income to my teacher retirement (which just barely covers my bills and leaves nothing for anything else.) I have found three different jobs through Indeed. I found a job at a discount store, an assistant teacher's job, and a job at an eye care center. All were half-day jobs with average incomes that filled the gap I was looking for. The discount store was a seasonal job at Christmas, but the other two were long term jobs that I kept for a few years each. Indeed gives you a very good description of the jobs and makes it easy to apply. I found that I can completely trust the reliability of Indeed.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Indeed posts job announcements and allow job seekers to conveniently type on site a cover letter. I like to follow organizations of interest. I have never experienced a rep to contact me about my application being reviewed or to offer supportive options. What I like best is the ability to navigate their system to locate job possibilities by typing in various words to search job responsibilities to see availabilities. The site is easy to navigate. The lack of rep support has been obvious.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Despite finding Indeed to be superior in terms of the quantity of job listings, I never did find employment from using it. I believe that was due to my looking for a part-time position and my not having sufficient technological skills. For example, I had worked as a medical assistant/receptionist for nearly eight years (that was my last job) and I assumed I'd be able to find a similar position easily. Wrong! The doctor I worked for refused to use electronic records so I had no skills in that area. Most every other medical practice required someone familiar with medical record keeping and that seemed to make me automatically unsuited. I can't blame Indeed for that because they did have numerous jobs that were listed and seemed promising. I just didn't have the right skills.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Great platform from both a job seeker and employer perspective. Site is easy to use and the support has been great! I had an issue with getting my job to show up in their search results and was able to quickly contact their support team to make sure the account was re-enabled. Their team was quick to respond to my request and I was able to hire a candidate off their site!

Indeed response

Hi Estelle, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad to hear you had a great experience with our site. If you ever need additional assistance in the future. Feel free to reach out to our team at socialcare@indeed.com. Our team is always happy to help!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I check every morning at saved search locations, is says there are 4 new jobs. I click and there are hundreds from Vancouver to PEI. Yes there was 4 in my area but find them. Also if there's a bad review on a company. The company can delete it. Why are there reviews then???

Indeed response

Hi Denis, we are very sorry to hear about your experience with Indeed. We have sent you a private message to further assist.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I do not know what is going on with this site this year. I had great experiences in the past, but as of lately it seems like there is nothing available for me. I receive suggestions that are not related to my skills on my resume, a ridiculous amount of scam calls/texts for jobs, and they continue to ask me to review my previous employers. They also reject reviews if you tell the truth about a previous job, at least the last two I attempted to post. People need to know what they are getting into when they apply for positions and Indeed does not want that to happen. If I would have known the truth, I would have chosen another company in the past, but all the reviews for this specific company were sugar-coated. My advice would be to find additional sites for employment and take your time to read the reviews thoroughly. I do not want a generic response from Indeed either, just save it.

Indeed response
      Hi there, we try to match you with jobs based on common keywords in your resume and the jobs, there may be inaccuracy but we are always trying to improve this. You can unsubscribe from these alerts at the bottom of the email.
      Regarding the reviews you have posted for other companies on Indeed, a review will only be removed if it violates our guidelines: https://support.indeed.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046789111-Company-Review-Policies.

Please email us at socialcare@indeed.com for assistance.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I placed an ad and found myself in a conversation with a sales associate who was there to "Help Me maximize my results". The billing structure is "Per Click" supposedly the questions we asked was going to eliminate unqualified applicants. In the course of the month I got no more than a dozen applicants, none of which fit our needs and that cost me approximately $1,200.00.

Apparently if someone opens the ad I am billed for a click at approx $10.00 each. I was blown away with the cost so I went on the site and the invoices posted only showed the total amount, no way to know how they got to that number. They Bill your credit card when you reach $500.00 so I got three invoices that month, no notice, just a charge to my account. I will never use Indeed again. There was a time that they were reasonable but not now.

Ed F

Indeed response

Hello Ed, thank you for reaching out and sharing this with us. To explain Indeed works on a cost per click basis. This means every time someone clicks on your ad you are going to be charged a small amount. This amount will be subtracted from your daily or monthly budget you choose to spend. Our system will try to get you the most clicks at the lowest cost. We would be happy to take a look at your account to see how we can help here. If you're interested, please send us a private message.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Until today my company job never able to post so we decide to move to Glassdoor and LinkedIn. We don't know for what is happening. No matter how the job description we create the best still it is disable. When we contact the team, they said they look for quality and we made the quality standard and still disable at second time. They said that we did not pay enough in the past. Past we have different team, now we are willing to pay. Indeed, don't just become money driver measure our past to present now. But become understand company have different stages, not because they don't spend money enough, you try to limit them. What was not how indeed started. HR has different people work together, and company has different stages to spend money for their job post.

Indeed response

Hi Helen, we would like to have a closer look at this for you. All accounts on Indeed are subject to a routine review designed to protect our job seekers and employers and ensure a high level of quality in our search results, it sounds like your account was flagged for this review. If you can follow up with us by email to socialcare@indeed.com we would be happy to check this out for you.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I've experienced two scams in two weeks, there are regular notices on the site of how to avoid being scammed, and lots of testimonials around about people who've been scammed. I've come to not trust the information on the site. I'm not sure if the jobs posted are even real, based upon the testimony of others. I tried to contact Indeed as the site itself says to if you think you are being scammed or to report a job you think is fake, and there was no way to submit any claim. Is Indeed doing anything to ensure the legitimacy of the jobs posted on its site? I'll have to go back to pounding the pavement at actual company websites, instead of wasting time wondering if my resume is being seen by legitimate companies or if the job postings are actually real.

Indeed response

Hello Marci, we can assure you that at Indeed, we work to proactively identify and remove predatory content from search results. To learn more about reporting a job or a message you received through Indeed please use the links below.

Feel free to send us a private message if you have additional concerns.

Indeed author review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team