2.12/5

209 Indeed Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Indeed will ask why you rejected a candidate and then does nothing. They will call you and ask you for your feedback. And they do nothing. We have a 99% NO SHOW rate for interviews. I told Indeed they need to block these people from posting their resumes. He proceeded to tell me they can't do that (they can) and then kept talking over me. Why are you calling me if you're not going to do anything with my feedback and not allow me to speak at all? Waste of my time and my money.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

If you are considering using Indeed, proceed with caution. Once you put your info in it's there to be used however they want. You don't now how professional a possible employer or even the Indeed staff conducts themselves so you don't know if your errors such as punctuation, grammar, and so on are going to be used for research for Harvard grads or a Forbes article so take that into consideration before submitting ALL your information.

Once I started applying I began getting A LOT of SPAM calls, not cool I'm trying to earn money not get scammed. Once your Indeed account is set up there is no deleting it, so I just erased as much info Indeed let me and put killaccount where I could. I STRONGLY advise anyone who is serious about getting a career to research yourself what you want to do for the rest of your life and apply DIRECTLY with that company on their website and if they want you to set up an account through (ex. Jobvite) then do so. Other than that DO NOT TRUST Indeed.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Been using Indeed to find a job and I'm getting the same jobs over and over. Recent issue was wanting to reapply and the system wouldn't let me. Contacted Indeed and their response was, "Thank you for contacting Indeed. Since we are not representatives of the companies listed on our site, we do not have a way to edit or withdraw an application that you have submitted. Currently, there is not a way to re-apply or to cancel an application through Indeed."

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

In the past three years of utilizing Indeed.com to look for a job, I have never once been offered a position. Most recently, from July 2018 to September 2018, I submitted/applied for 204 jobs. Each submission included a cover letter along with my professional resume. 204 jobs, and zero results in terms of gaining employment.

Also, I elected to have job alerts sent to me via email from Indeed.com. Every single email alert had EXACTLY the same jobs as the email before it, and I would generally receive 5 email alerts from Indeed.com, back to back, again, ALL WITH THE SAME JOB LISTINGS. It got to a point in which I had to turn off the job alert option. After I elected to discontinue email alerts, I would search for jobs on the Indeed job board. Jobs would be posted, and upon further review of the job requirements, 75% of the time, the job opening had "expired". If it's expired, please remove it from the job board.

I have never wasted as much time applying for jobs as I did using Indeed.com. Again, 204 resumes submitted, with cover letters, over a two month period, and zero results. I will never recommend Indeed.com as a resource to find job openings, let alone employment. I couldn't remove my resume from Indeed.com fast enough, and deactivate/delete my "account".

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

The location filter doesn’t always work, or is ignored. I also get frustrated with all of the paid job advertising. It is sometimes difficult to decipher actual jobs from advertising in wrong locations.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Within the past month I have applied to 23 job listings on Indeed.com all of which I am completely qualified for. My resume was done professionally and I have excellent references. I DID NOT POST A RESUME ON THIS SITE BUT I DO ATTACH A RESUME EACH TIME I APPLY. I have applied to jobs using the “Apply Now” button. Out of the 23 applications I submitted I have received ZERO responses! I am however, receiving 5-7 scam phone calls a day and they never started until I submitted job applications on this site. The phone calls that I am getting are everything from solar panels to vacation resorts to life insurance policies. I am 100% positive that indeed either sells the information or has people phishing for the information. I am at the point of seriously considering changing my phone number. I will NEVER apply for another job through this site.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I have in depth experience and knowledge that Indeed.com as well as other major job boards are ripping off employers who are looking to hire people. They use well known bait and switch tactics, they will pump you full of leads for little money and then extort you for way beyond reasonable advertising funds until you leave. This should be prohibited under monopoly law but no attorney has the balls to take them to court with me. They have literally ruined my recruiting business. I’m about to shut my company.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

They have sent to my inbox jobs relevant to my interests and abilities for five years now. There is variety, not just same companies repeated. Unfortunately I never actually applied for any of them.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I am highly suspicious of this company. I posted to Indeed because I am passively looking for a new job. After a few days, my boss contacts me about my looking for a new job. Come to find out, the company also uses Indeed to recruit. Somehow, my boss was notified of my posting. Luckily, I was able to explain the situation and have experienced no repercussions. In addition, there have been several news articles of late about scam artists using Indeed to collect personal information. Long story short, use Indeed at your own risk.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

They should ban contract companies from using these sites. People are looking for real jobs not a 30 day or 3 month contract. And you want people to read your resume and not ask you something that is already on the resume. You want to ask the can they read.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I have used them all, cancelled everybody but Indeed. They are the most consistent and directed sites that I've ever used. I think the other companies use Indeed's listings to keep their listings current. Even when I'm not looking I get something from Indeed everyday letting me know what is available out there and it is very specific interning my actual ability and the job that they offer.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Best job site for hiring employees - much better candidate quality compared to some of the job boards who encourage anyone and everyone to apply for a job. Pricing is also attractive because it’s based on actual searches and clicks to the job post.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Must admit that I was not aware of the charges being billed to us that exceeded $2,300 for a month of postings. Eve ** our accountant manager said they made no mistakes on there end so therefore it was our responsibility to pay. Not even a bit of understanding. We were inundated with resumes and over 75 no shows for interviews and 2 that did, did not show up to work. Eve ** was no help and we are back to Craigslist!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

When I was looking for other companies in the same line of the one I was employed with I easily set up searches and notifications. I did find another company and did change jobs and received a larger rate of pay at the same time.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Indeed seems to outsource their "job finds" from surfing the web, just like those of us looking for work can do. For the most part, the jobs they post have already been filled or are old "re-posts". I had the best luck with a Mommy Jobs online and I'm not a mom! But I got the best job I've ever had on their site!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

As a fortune 500 employer, we tried them for "free trial". After 1 week we started noticing resumes had very similar language but different candidate name... Does that sound like a scam? Then we were asked to Shell out $499 if we want to contact them. Since we only agreed to $299, we asked a d then we got an email that "sorry our accounting sw had an error". Stay away is our humble advice.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I have searched and searched for any reviews of INDEED, and the validity of their online jobs portals. I have found - NOTHING. I have been using INDEED, for years, applied to jobs over and over and over, online with them and have never, ever been called for anything. I have modified my resumes, all 25 of them, re-submitted to INDEED and still - NOTHING. I have complained to INDEED, and more NOTHING. INDEED, advertises, they are the No. 1 job portal in the world, but they do NOT state they are the NO. 1 HIRING site, in the world.

I watched a Business WEEKLY- Washington, DC, television program, where the CEO of INDEED, was a featured guest. He blithely told the TV host, that more 60% his online jobs, were PLACE HOLDERS - ONLY. So how, does this online Job portal, online charlatan keep on going with these lies? The CEO, of INDEED, has never been taken to task on his FAKE information or his online lies. How does he keep this heinous corporation, why does anyone do business with this deceiver of people and the internet?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I was impressed by the number of jobs listed, the fact that I could sort by specialty and salary range, and the adequate descriptions for each job. I felt that Indeed did very well at adding new positions daily.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I started to send my resume to pretty much any job offer I qualified for, I have a lot of experience on management, very few companies took the time to reply and when they did they only said that they choose another candidate, without even talking to you. Indeed didn't work for me, Word of mouth worked much better. A district manager heard of my reputation as a branch manager, interviewed me send me with the VP Sales, hired on the spot making more money than what I was making before plus bonus and excellent benefits. All this on the same day.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Most user friendly job site for sure! I don’t use any job sites too often but this is the one I have had the very best of luck with when I am looking for a job.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

The company don't show that they case with followup, etc. nor has there been any correction for failing company to which you apply has contacted you or rendered a mere reply.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Beyond infuriated with this company. After trying 3 times to cancel my subscription, I'm just going to cancel my card and get away from this awful service. I've used this site for years and have never found a candidate that would work out long term. Biggest problems: The website is really awful. It looks like the first website I ever made with Geocities. Just bad layout, bad formatting and very unclear link methodology. The customer service was pretty bad today on the phone. I waited for 10 minutes to talk to a human and she treated me with the old, "you should know this already" kind of attitude. The monthly subscription fees have NEVER paid off for me. Just a reciprocating waste of time.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I never get replies from job applicants. I had a phone call once, but was disconnected when I replied that I graduated high school in 1966. Obviously, ageism comes into play.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

They do send many resumes but none are qualified. Most are fast food workers or cleaners. None have the qualifications I am asking for so I don't know how they screen their applicants.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

To Me Indeed has been great! They have a lot of different jobs. Any type of job, They text you each day about New jobs that come in. You do your resume on Indeed, So if you find one you can apply from Indeed.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Indeed.com is the best to me by far to job hunt. Not only do they have tons of listings, they go as far to follow up with you about jobs you applied for and Indeed sends daily notifications on new job postings.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

When I was looking for jobs, Indeed was definitely the place to go! It helped out a lot. Thanks Indeed. You guys are a great company in helping people find jobs.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

RUN far away from Indeed... I had fake reviews, a indeed supervisor ** because this is all she gave me, tells me to rebuttal the fake reviews, ARE you crazy lady!

Then tells me to claim the company... WOW...

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

$17?? The first week for 2 candidates, the guy calls and says to change the key words so I did it while he was on the phone. 1 week later only 1 additional candidate, 3 in total and an additional $58?? charge to the business. I closed the job, and they still want to charge $22.21 for the rest of September... they are a rip off.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I used Indeed for my career change. They were very easy to use. I downloaded my email to their job site and received daily updates about jobs that matched my skills. I landed a job increasing my salary by 30%.

Indeed expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

• Best for: Indeed.com is best for job seekers who want to search broadly for employment and for employers who want wide visibility for their job postings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs