2. Job Search Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.67/5

Indeed Reviews

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I love Indeed.com! The easily navigated website makes your entire job search feel and look very professional. They help you make a professional looking resume that can be easily updated, reviewed and attached to each job application. The site gave me a sense of confidence and excitement in my search. Their site continually sends job openings daily. The amount and variation of job openings were surprising and fun to see. I ended up with the perfect job for me within a month! I am 61 years old and it was the best job search I have ever had!

Original review: May 2, 2019

I want to thank Indeed for not only helping me get a great job but a career. Although it did take some time, they really did help me by sending me notifications on new job opportunities as they came in. I also liked the fact that the jobs stayed relevant to the type of career I was seeking. Me and my family truly appreciate what they are doing for me and others. Indeed has been a great resource and tool, by helping a lot of people find great jobs and careers. So thank you Indeed for helping me achieve my career goals and keep it up.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2019

As a small business we do not have a large recruiting budget. Indeed's free service has found us many amazing new hires at no cost to us. Their site is easy to use and I love the ability to utilize the questionnaire that limits candidates and only sends me ones based on the questions I ask. From a billing perspective, the prior HR Manager placed the $100 monthly subscription on our VP's credit card and then left the company. This was reported to Indeed and within 2 business days we received a full refund. This is a stand up company that I would highly recommend to any business professional.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

After we leave a job posting on indeed.com they change and take off features that were promised in the first place. Misleading wording on their job site. They don’t even email you after they have made changes to your job posting. I’ve called customer support to ask them why we weren’t notified of changes on our job listing and of course they do not have an answer for us. Misleading listed information on their website.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

First, they create a NEW company page every time you list a job. Then, if someone posts a review about working at your company, you can't respond to the review (I tried and even Indeed customer service couldn't figure out why I was unable to respond to a review about our company). They allow literally ANYONE to post a review about supposedly working for a company with little to no accountability to determine whether the person actually works there or ever did. So, basically, Indeed allows someone to slander a company, say they are a current employee, and not permit the employer to respond to a negative review, even if it is from ANYONE (like the competition) regardless of whether they work for you or not. VERY shameful "business" practices.

As an employer with 30 years of experience hiring people, building a business, running organizations, and learning about best practices, Indeed has A LOT to learn! Their customer service department is LOST in knowing how to help people. I would love to have been able to respond to the person who claimed to work for us. So VERY unprofessional and unethical!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I was interviewed buy a recruiter from Indeed app. He told me he would send over paperwork the following week which was a holiday week. I was applying for a job in the jail system in Sacramento as an X-ray tech. The Recruiter never sent over paperwork as he said he would. He was very positive in the phone interview. I did reach out for a follow up, and I was basically ghosted.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I am the Business Development Manager for a national health-care platform and have been using Indeed since 2017 to post jobs / hire for our partner companies. I am not a recruiter. Recently Indeed sent me an email saying that my account has been deemed "unsuitable" for their platform and they are shutting it down. No explanation, no way to find out why...nothing. In today's business environment I find this type of behavior unacceptable and would warn any direct employer to think twice before posting their jobs on Indeed. I did call their customer service and spoke with a live person who told me that she cannot give me any explanation, according to their policy. I did get a refund for the fees incurred for my last posting BUT was not able to access any of the candidate info. This type of practice is the reason I will never recommend Indeed as a hiring platform. Employers STAY AWAY!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Don't use indeed.com. They post jobs that don't exist or are 4 months old!! They also are posting the "confidential" ads themselves to make it appear that they have more listings! They will sell your data if you upload your resume! I know because I have been receiving calls for bogus jobs! Also it is based in JAPAN! They are not an American job site! Employers: they never expire your ad and they will keep charging you! You cannot remove your credit card from their site! Total fraud job site.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I used to love this website but in the last month or so, whatever changes they have made, to make it look like Kijiji, has completely altered their system. I cannot download a simple resume as a PDF onto my desktop. I have to send a link, save it as a file, send it to my email and then when I open it, there is nothing there. When I upload my resume, it replaces my existing resume but puts everything in the wrong places so I spend hours fixing it only to review my resume and it is a simple, ugly looking thing that looks like it was made from a high schooler.

I am so angry at the hours spent yesterday and hours. Spent applying for jobs and I’ve had 3 employers tell me they couldn’t open the file I sent, didn’t want to open the link because they were being warned from their internal systems that they had to leave the system, or they didn’t get a PDF version that allowed them to just open a PDF as an attachment! What the???? Seriously these are people's careers you are messing with, you would think you would make sure all glitches are worked out before putting our reputations on the line! I am applying to high end jobs and I can’t even attach a resume? This is what they are probably thinking so thank you for allowing me to lose many job opportunities! : Time to find a new job site that allows me to keep my resume as is, save it as a PDF to my own desktop and use it when needed!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

We set the budget for our job ad at $25 per day and acknowledged that the amount charged could be different, based on Indeed's statement "actual daily spend may vary". However, we were NOT expecting to be charged $180 in 7 days of a live posting. Our company contacted Indeed's customer service, who then clarified that the daily average we spent would have been readjusted to around $25, had we kept the ad live for 30 days. This was NOT made clear at the time when we set our job budget. Their billing system is not transparent, and is designed to make a quick buck out of you. Our company will not be using Indeed in the future.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Indeed expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

• Best for: Indeed.com is best for job seekers who want to search broadly for employment and for employers who want wide visibility for their job postings.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team