3.32/5

332 Indeed Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 2, 2019

I want to thank Indeed for not only helping me get a great job but a career. Although it did take some time, they really did help me by sending me notifications on new job opportunities as they came in. I also liked the fact that the jobs stayed relevant to the type of career I was seeking. Me and my family truly appreciate what they are doing for me and others. Indeed has been a great resource and tool, by helping a lot of people find great jobs and careers. So thank you Indeed for helping me achieve my career goals and keep it up.

Original review: April 19, 2019

As a small business we do not have a large recruiting budget. Indeed's free service has found us many amazing new hires at no cost to us. Their site is easy to use and I love the ability to utilize the questionnaire that limits candidates and only sends me ones based on the questions I ask. From a billing perspective, the prior HR Manager placed the $100 monthly subscription on our VP's credit card and then left the company. This was reported to Indeed and within 2 business days we received a full refund. This is a stand up company that I would highly recommend to any business professional.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

This job finding company is absolutely incredible! I can't thank them enough for always coming through for me with employment. The accuracy of job matches is always spot on! I am working 2 jobs, one is 5 days a week. The other is one or both days (weekend) and love them both. For the first-time in my life I fit in at job places. The pay isn't very good, but I'm happy??? That's a first! The hours are perfecto! And the people are amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you INDEED. And keep up the awesomely incredible work you do to keep people employed???

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Indeed.com is one of the greatest job search websites that I have used and it even has the capabilities of showing me how many people have already applied for a particular job by the time I see it posted. Indeed is also deep rooted with Google itself since sometimes I would type the title position plus the location or the position title plus the company and surprise indeed.com appears on the first line of results in my search then indeed.com show me the results that I expect to see. However, of the few issues I see is that while today I see one position I like but for whatever reason I do not save it and I log out then the next day when I try to search for that same position I saw yesterday; that position does not appear. Indeed.com is like a ''take it or lose it" situation at times. But other than that, indeed.com is perfect.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Put my resume out on indeed.com has been very useful and very helpful. Within the first two days of my profile and resume being on indeed.com I had multiple job offers. I waited the mode very selectively and very carefully. I actually went and interviewed positions as if I was hiring them. Some of the companies found that very interesting and very intriguing. I did a little bit of more research on some of the companies that I was looking at. Some work great some were bad and some would not even be recommended to my worst enemy. I have found my job on indeed.com. Very happy with my job and will recommend indeed.com by far to anybody.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Posted an ad on Indeed, it was approved, on the site for three days, then they took it down. Wanted additional proof of our company even though we are all over the internet. We sent in a bill with our address on it as requested. It took a week and a half for them to look at it and they said they wanted a utility bill instead?? I cancelled and requested a refund as they are wasting my time, 2 weeks of my time total. Worse service and ad approval model.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I have had to use Indeed for job searches in the past. The problem I've found is outdated job postings, job postings that don't exist or employer doesn't even have that position available. Indeed will post a lot of jobs but if you check on the actual company site of the job you are applying for, the company is not even hiring. Indeed has wasted a lot of my valuable time trying to find a job, sending resumes to no one most of the time. Best thing to do is when you find a job on indeed, don't apply thru Indeed. Find the companies actual website and apply there.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Staff is very nice and helpful to the best of their abilities granted. In a 30 day period, we were invoice over $1000, received over 100 applicants and no employees. We had one candidate that accepted the job, filled out paperwork and didn't show for the first day of work. Many out of town applicants that were considering moving to Colorado but had no immediate plans to do so. We were charged for these applicants who were just shopping. We did receive two different credits when we expressed our concerns which was much appreciated. I give the service 1 star but gave 2 stars overall because of the great staff we spoke to on every call. We don't blame Indeed for prospective Employee actions but the billing structure (charge per applicant) is not a good value.

Original review: July 30, 2019

It is ridiculous that Indeed has job postings older than 1 month. I almost applied to a job that was posted 6 months ago! What a potential waste of time. Obviously they just want it to look like they have lots of job postings. I know you can filter results, but if a job is not available, why even show it?

Original review: July 26, 2019

I posted my resume on Indeed and I have been searching for a job for over 6 months. No hits whatsoever until an employer contacting me by my telephone number and notified me that he has been trying to contact me through my Indeed email which does not exist. So after careful research and review I notice that on my original resume I have my Gmail account but when I fill out an application through Indeed they put their indeed email account which does not exist. I don't know why they changed my email address to an email address that doesn't even exist. I believe that they're doing it so that people will continue to stay unemployed and use their services. This place is a hoax and they're playing with people's lives. I would have given them a less then a one star if I could.

Indeed expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

• Best for: Indeed.com is best for job seekers who want to search broadly for employment and for employers who want wide visibility for their job postings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs