Indeed

Compare Job Sites

Research top Job Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I did not post a job on Indeed. In fact, I had never even heard of them until last week. Some bozo walked by my building, saw that the body shop next door had put out a sign for employment. The idiot then snapped a pic and said my biz was hiring. We aren't, but now I am receiving 10+ calls a day, people stopping by dropping off resumes. This has cost me way too much time with my employees having to answer the phone and tell people the ad was a mistake. There is no way for me to take the ad down since I did not create it.

Indeed doesn't have an email to respond to, they want you to write to some place in Texas. Their phone service has 2 options, looking for a job, or posting a job, no customer service. It hung up on me. This place drives me crazy. No personnel responsible for the content of their site/app is ridiculous. I will NEVER use them, even if I have an opening. Stand up and fix what's wrong with your service and quit costing us who don't use you money.

Indeed.com used to be a reputable business, very disappointed in their advertising messages and charges. They do not provide qualified candidates as in the past and their charges have changed without explanation. Their representative when I contacted them offered assistance for how to better advertise after the advertisement had been completed, this help would have been better appreciated before the advertisement rather than after it failed. Please beware of this company and their vagueness to explain, very expensive advertising charges and they're refusing to refund improper charges.

I've been using indeed.com for a little while now and have been very disappointed with the following: Job posting costs: I never know what I'm paying until the bill comes in and it's been outrageous considering the poor results I'm receiving. I've had 1 "qualified" applicant that we've hired. I put in for a budget of $100/month and was charged almost $300 in one month due to "clicks." Completely BLEW MY BUDGET! Not the first time that happened. I've spent over $500 (with a budget I entered of $100/mo ) and was only able to hire the single applicant.

Qualified Applicants: Most candidates were completely unqualified and said they had certain qualifications and a Driver's License but did not. Indeed.com takes no responsibility in this at all. They did give me a $50 credit on "clicks" to keep my business. That with my $50 budget, I should have had a bill for around $50 but after a few days, I had a bill on my ccrd for $72. I checked my Indeed account and found I had only around 10 clicks so where'd the $72 come from in less than a month? There is no accountability on indeed.com's part and the second representative I spoke to was more than willing to help me shut my account down instead of offering any kind of credit. I will be cancelling my account indefinitely.

In reading some reviews in regards to Indeed.com I am going to add my irritation with that site as well as with other job searching sites. I really do not appreciate jobs being written in another language or making it mandatory to speak another language. It's ridiculous.

I was posting two legitimate job offers for some non-techie friends. Indeed disabled my account and wanted documentation, tax ID numbers, etc. to prove that I was affiliated with those businesses. While I understand their need for quality job postings, these were two very good positions (one involved a trip to Hawaii all expenses paid for a physically disabled friend) that could have benefited someone in need of a job. When I replied to their emails, they didn't even read them, just resent the same stupid reason for disabling my account. NOT RECOMMENDED. I will gladly recommend their competitor (Monster, local search) rather than this idiotic site.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

While not Indeed's fault, this platform fails to provide most people the important opportunity of finding work. An acquaintance and I have been using Indeed.com for 5 months, in different fields, and have yet to find any work. When I graduated with a four year degree, everyone told me how my prospects were high and how I can be easily selected for work due to my portfolio, skills, experience, etc. Well that never happened.

On Indeed.com, most of the work expect such high levels of requirements. Again, while it's not Indeed's fault, there's no way to make your job search any easier. I have applied to tens of jobs, up to a few a day (if possible). I rarely ever receive a reply for any reason at all from the employer/recruiter. And if I do, they would tell me my skills don't match their requirements. I honestly don't see where I don't match because I don't apply to places I don't have the skills for, but again, it's not about *me*, right? So sometimes, it makes me wonder, whether or not they filled the position and just decided to make an excuse. Or am I just so untalented and unlucky. Or, are the applications even go to the employers.

I'm trying my best not to sound like a disgruntled person with high expectations for a free website, but if it's meant to help people find work, then there needs to be a better advanced search that allows more reliability. If we, as people, make the effort to send our resume, cover letters, etc., there's no reason why employers can't simply reply yes/no. There needs to be a search for REAL filtering. If I'm a dentist, don't expect me to know brain surgery. That goes for any other field.

The overall experience I had on this website has been worse than Craigslist, therefore I'm no longer going to use it. Maybe, as other reviewers said, it's much more reliable to apply directly to company's websites. I tried not to make my personal problems the basis for this review, however it's almost unlikely since this website was where I was placing my hopes for regarding employment.

Applied for a part-time job with a job posting named Agora. Turns out the company name is really Media-Agora. This is a fake company hiring customer service manager or account managers to receive email money transfers instructing you to deposit into Bitcoin. Just saw another posting for Agma Inc on Indeed. Looks exactly like the same fake company. Beware!!!

We are a small business (Sign Company), we recently lost out 20 year employee to retirement. We needed to add additional staff member to replace him. We tried Craigslist and the candidates were "shady" and a simple Google search brought up criminal activity. We heard about Indeed so I posted a job. We did get many resumes, about 70 to be exact. Of those 70 maybe 4 were actually worth looking into. Most were nowhere near qualified, we were getting resumes from female college students who worked in an office setting. The job clearly stated construction like environment, heavy lifting, etc...

Most of them had several misspelled words. Most only had a couple of lines per resume. I thought if we were paying $17.00 a day, they should at least screen for proper spelling and reject those resumes before they are sent to the employer. In total we spent $103.00 and threw out all 70 resumes. The pay rate was actually on the high end for a new hire.

When trying to apply for a job Indeed said I had the wrong password and locked my account. I just changed it like they asked but that did no good. Why in the hell do they have security questions without using them. Now I have to wait for them so I can apply for a job. Total **!!! This site sucks and shouldn't be allowed to operate. They won't let you call them which is a crock.

I recently used Indeed during a job transition and the breadth of jobs posted, updates and ease of navigation made it my top go to site. Highly recommend.

Indeed is only interested in sending you candidates if you spend a lot of money. For a small business and single owner, I don't have deep pockets, and to make matters worse, of the candidates I was provided, none came in to apply. Additionally, there's an error in their system that omits resumes from candidates' profiles if you select "apply in person". Therefore, you cannot screen them for location and work history. Stupid waste of time and money resources, and complete regret! I will Not use them again!

The site is very searchable. You can search by location, key words or both. Allows the user to save jobs he may want to apply for later. The categories for tracking where a job is help a lot. When a job has been filled or remove, the sites lets you know. The only issue I encountered was that it could not read my resume the way I had it. I had to create a special one for Indeed to parse. Even then I needed to edit it some.

Indeed gets quite a few jobs. This is very true. They also, however have outdated jobs that sometimes clutter the site. I don't know. It just always feels like a cluttered site though and it never produces really good job matches I expect it will.

I do receive a list of jobs on a daily basis however rarely do any meet with the search criteria I set up and am still wondering why that is... Not helpful in the sense that I have to sort through a lot of jobs all over the US whereas I included in my search criteria my area only and clearly!

It is easier to navigate on Indeed. Also it has the latest job updates compared to other websites. I love the filters it has and it is very convenient to use from a smartphone. It makes it easier to apply if you have their account.

I am a contractor and use this site often to find the next job. It has never let me down. I go into many job sites for avionic technician, test technician and electrical fields. I enjoy the alerts, finding jobs in the next state I wish to travel to.

Indeed.com website is always full of job potentials, and if your job isn't available, it gives plenty of other similar options. This site was probably the first website that gave a full description of not only the job, but the needed requirements, so you won't have to leave its website to visit another and then have to search for that information. It also gives great information about the company and the company's reviews. Usually if the company responds it is done in a timely manner. Also, if the jobs are rare, you can always add other job alerts easily.

Finding a job was a snap with Indeed.com. The listings were updated frequently and I received alerts when a specific job was posted.

Years ago, indeed.com used to be the most reliable source for job seekers. However, that has not been the case lately. My case worker from "Promise Jobs" which is part of program that helps people obtain jobs through the state has stated indeed.com is not recommended due to the fact that they post incorrect information about employers' job descriptions and the fact that some companies are not even hiring! I have posted resumes in the past with no response whatsoever. And I have an Associates degree in administration assisting. My advice is to apply through the actual company's website. You will have a better chance of getting contacted as well as up-to-date positions that are available.

I paid indeed.com to find employees. After a couple months they cut me off from my account and access to the resumes I want to hire. They said locked me out of my account because I used a gmail account. They accused me of being a fraudulent company because of my gmail.com email account. After complying with the request to change my email to my company name they still did nothing to re-open my account and give me access to the resumes I bought and paid for. This company is a RIP OFF. I suggest you don't use them. They are very dysfunctional and just plain arrogant. No response. Just a big ** you from some low intellect employee who was very rude.

We had set an account with Indeed for our job posting. Somehow, we just realized that we were not able to view the resumes from the job seekers provided by Indeed. By following their instructions, we had sent them 3 times of requests, but got no replies and answers. It had been a while 'til today. We called them to find out the reason of being unable to view the resumes. We were told they could not answer us and they reserve the right for not to tell. I was very disappointed with their answers. They just do whatever they like to do without reasons.

Applied for a position - the Records Management Coordinator. This position I found in my email through Indeed.com, as I have alerts sent to my email regularly about neighboring job opportunities. Upon sending the complete application, attachments, (resume, cover letters, references, certification, transcripts etc). I have been informed that this position was only for internal applicants, so why is it not mentioned in the jobs created via internet, as well as also on their own website, that external applicants "Stay away. We are not offering you this position”?

I did not partake of any career services... I simply looked for job openings and applied if interested. I searched several areas of where I was interested in relocating. There were no hiccups on the indeed site so I was happy about that. Also, the links worked great and the website's performance was good. It let me know what types of positions were open in any given area which was very helpful to me. Many of the positions also contained links to the hiring company which was helpful in my research. I really have not utilized the customer support; however, I have not had any problems or issues with the customer support as well. I rated satisfied being that there were no issues with this.

Like how the Web site job search is. It helped me a lot. It also great with giving me new job opportunities. Love this website. It's very reliable. They keep me updated on new job opportunities. I always look at this job search site. Like it the most. Always looking for a new a different start at a new job opportunity. The site is very helpful. It hard to find a good job search site and I'm happy I found this one. They have great customer service support. They are there to answer any questions you have. They also are helpful with keeping satisfied. It hard to find great customer service support and I'm glad I found one.

They help you with job opportunities that match your resume. I have had several job interviews and I have actually gotten jobs from using Indeed. Once you find a job opportunity they will send you an email and then if you want it someone from the job will contact you and set up an interview. As long as you keep up with it they will help you as much as possible. Their value is in incredible. As long as you're serious about getting a job and you keep up with it they will do whatever they can to make it happen for you. They want nothing more than to help you. They help their customers a great length. As long as you try they do whatever they can to help you get the job you want. They love helping their customers and won't stop until you get the job you want.

I really enjoy using Indeed for job searches. There is a wide variety of search for different positions depending on the location that you want to work. Also nice that it features a rating for the company that you are looking at for potential employment. I have had good luck with using Indeed. Unfortunately I am still unemployed but that is no fault to Indeed. About seventy percent of the jobs that I've applied to I have had some second kind of contact be it setting up an interview or finding that the position was filled.

Considering that Indeed is free it is a great value for those who are actively job searching. They have endless amounts of companies that use their site for recruiting so I've had jobs that have contacted me for possible.positions. Their customer service copied and paste their terms and conditions and ask me to read it all. After I read it I found out it is completely irrelevant! I went back to them to ask the customer service to point out if I missed anything. That is the only problem I've had.

They offer to put your resume out in the public for you and send it to potential employers in the fields you are interested in working in. That was convenient. Pretty reliable. Received emails on a regular basis along with notifications if there were new jobs listed in the area or field I was looking. I'd say it's valuable. I ended up working for a wonderful company for three years before leaving due to pregnancy related complications. Even after listed that I had been hired I was still notified of job openings in my area which I did like. I never had to come in contact with customer support. I did however have no problems navigating the site or the app so I suppose that's a plus.

They offered jobs but they never really came through. I just keep searching. The jobs they post generally require a lot of experience. I keep applying hoping for a better job but usually come up with nothing. They have a lot of jobs but for the most part the employers rarely call back once you applied. I applied numerous times with different jobs but they never were reliable. I think overall they do their best with trying to find people jobs but I guess it's up to the employer whether they call back or not. They only post the jobs so they do enough. I've never received a call or email from customer service about my job search and help when I have issues. They never touch base or give me any feedback as to why I didn't get the job.

Career services work fairly well, did what I needed to be done. Indeed is a great website for finding jobs/preparing for a job and anything in between. I only looked into a few of the job opportunities, but those that I did seemed like fairly good jobs that I would be interested in pursuing. Good service. When looking for a job becomes stressful it can be a very valuable find to come across a website like Indeed. Helped me out, thanks Indeed. I did not speak with any representatives and that's a good thing because I did not need to. The website is very intuitive and responsive so I had no problems.

These job websites are good sites for looking at specific jobs in specific industries in your nearby area. However it is for use for more professional jobs rather than beginner jobs. The results that the site pops up seem to be pretty reliable. Although some searches may be outdated if the position has been filled or removed from the original company. It is a good value for job searchers as this provides another website for those to use when searching for jobs. Although there seem to be many job sites popping up with the same results. I've never had to use the customer support on these job sites. I can't imagine there would be much questions as it always links to the original poster's site where you get support directly from the company hiring.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.
  • Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.
  • Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.
  • Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.
  • Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.
  • Best for Indeed.com is best for job seekers who want to search broadly for employment and for employers who want wide visibility for their job postings.

Compare Job Sites