1.50/5
  • 1 star
Based on 57 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

68 Indeed Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Let me start by saying that I know not every employers experience is a bad one so I can only speak on what happened with me and my business. We dealt with a rep who was very customer service oriented and did a great job in helping with our postings, she was very attentive so that was the temporary upside to this experience. My wife and I own an automotive service and repair shop so we had 2 postings for technicians. If you already use Indeed then you know that it's a pay as you go type of service which may seem great in the beginning but once it all works out it becomes quite the joke. Our listing was not only VERY specific as to what we were looking for in a candidate, but we also listed qualification questions that the person would have to answer so as to meet our criteria.

Along with a few actual automotive technician type candidates, we received an overwhelming number of fast food workers, convenience store workers, plumbers, landscapers, security guards, and a whole host of other ridiculous unqualified candidates. Indeed certainly gets you by charging you for every single posting VIEW, not for actual applicants but for every time somebody just views the post. A very frustrating experience to say the least and once it was all said and done and I called to confirm/complain about the crazy charges... That same fantastic customer service rep basically said "yeah, well they all look pretty good to me so I think you got your money's worth..."

I got my money's worth in spending $595.08 over a 6 week period to get resumes from a group of people who likely don't even know what end of a wrench to hold. In closing I would just like to say that you need to please be careful and don't let them tell you what a great source this is... Unless you own a fast food restaurant in which case you should get all the applicants you need. Account cancelled on the spot and $$$ reluctantly paid to a company who didn't earn it. Great experience.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Indeed canceled my account with no explanation. I spent days of time and work to get people to interview for two job positions I have... and this happens. It's ridiculous. It's hard enough finding folks in the job market, without being jerked around.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I have been using Indeed.com for such long time as I used to get a lot of responses and believed it to be the No. 1 site when it comes in term of free job posting. But for few days I have been trying to post free jobs in Indeed from various mail IDs including official and personal and every time they are disabling my job posts by a message without giving any relevant reasons for doing the same. And when I tried to get to them via mail they sent across a reply that not any further reasons will be given for their actions. It's shocking how Indeed are treating their long time users. I want to get some relevant answers or else I am going to disable all my accounts in Indeed and vow not to use it again and also advise my peers to do the same.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I posted a job on INDEED, as I believe it was FREE... However, all the way down at the end of your REVIEW posting is a small box that is AUTOMATICALLY CHECKED to SPONSOR your job. There is NO verification that what you just posted to be sponsored would drive up a daily cost! It wasn't until the Account Representative from INDEED called me "upsell services" did I learn that I was accumulating 18/per day in sponsorship. I want to add that although I saw a slight upsurge in resumes, they were all candidates requiring VISA! I freaked out when I learned I had amassed a fortune in charges and the only way to review your account is to log into account services!

Their FREE service is VERY DECEITFUL and MISLEADING! Ironically, my teammate made the same mistake, and after hearing my story, we looked at her FREE job posting, to see that she too fell victim to the small print, and the best part was it was attached to MY ACCOUNT! BEWARE and PLEASE READ THE VERY SMALL PRINT.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

During my job search, I wanted to love Indeed. Nothing ever came from Indeed. That aside, my main complaint is when I was actively looking for a job, I read the company’s reviews. Of course you take it with a grain of salt, but I still found them useful. My current employer had one borderline negative/neutral review and a few other reviews that were decent.

After working here for about 6 months, I thought I would get online and refresh my resume (definitely no green grass over here). I noticed there was a really horrible review of my current employer. I brought it to a co-workers attention who come to find out blabbed it all over her network. Within a few days, the negative review was gone, the borderline negative review from a few years ago was gone and then a HR politically correct review was placed online. So, where did the REAL employee reviews go? They are no longer there. Seems that the employer wants to save face because they are a nonprofit and dismissed problems and high turnover. If this happens with my employer, how many other company negative reviews have been deleted? I guess everything can be bought.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I've been with Indeed off and on for two years, not been successful in finding a job through them. Many opportunities it seems but very very little response and very little reality from its postings, I'm not seeing much reply given my resume is very good. I am not sure but I feel people are stealing information personal information, reason I have this view is I get all kinds of calls from sales people that I have never ever contacted to begin with?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

As of yesterday, I ended my relationship with Indeed after 5 years? I wanna say? I ended our relationship. I loved Indeed. It was so organized and it seemed liked these people were on their stuff. They knew what jobs were hiring, and was on time with when the employers would post. Indeed made you felt like you was the only one. But after so many attempts with this app and just bad news from the employers, I gave up and went back to my first love. (MANPOWER) Which was yesterday. I filled out and job app for customer service and I got it the next day. I feel so relieved too. I feel great and ready to rock after so many months of unemployment, it feels good to work again. I cheated on Indeed all the time. I have needs that need to be met. I went to Craigslist. He would always satisfy my needs with a job but only temporarily.

I even went to Snag A Job which was my second love back in the day when I had left Manpower. But, they too treated me bad. Before I went back to Manpower I went to Jobcase. New kid on the block you know? He was attractive but it didn't work out. We never connected. Just got to greet each other but that was about it. At the end of the day, I am thankful that Manpower and I worked things out. I hope this time, we are in it for the long haul. So, long Indeed. Oh, and one more thing, I would like to say, even though you lied to me, I forgive you. You see, Indeed have a second, minute, month count under their job posts.

Well, recently I applied for Gainesville Regional Transit and come to find out, the HR contacted me through a manager and said, "We just received your app today. We are sorry to inform you but you didn't make the cut". See I contacted them first because I was wondering why they were thanking me for applying when I applied like 2 weeks ago. This happened again with some other jobs too. That or Indeed lying about the jobs period. I would go in into these companies and they be like, "No we didn't post that" or, "It's expired" or whatever. Basically Indeed, you're not reliable hun, but I forgive you for setting me up for embarrassment. Take care.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

So… Indeed has an app called Job Spotter. If you take pictures of businesses with help wanted signs they are supposed to give you credit towards an Amazon gift card. Well... Two businesses that I submitted were deleted and never processed. It’s a big waste of time of an app.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I subscribed to post a job. The online site is poorly design and pricing not upfront. A sale representative called me and tried to improve my result. I wind up paying for a new plan with a fix dollar cost everyday and no result. I paused to fix my description and somehow it was not paused and I was charged lots of money. This company is a scam. I called the company and their customer service is poor. No refund for no clicks and $300 later I have nothing.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

As an employer, I've always been fond of Indeed. However our recent experience has felt like a waste of time. Despite having written in detail what our advertised job entailed, we were then asked for clarification as well as proof of the company address via bills. All very well and said, however, they then refused to post the ad based on the type of role, mentioning policies that were not present in their posting rules. I was left with a very foul taste in my mouth, this is one business owner who will be steering clear of Indeed in the future.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We are in a very rural area, and the service only sends out leads in our area. Everyone in our area already knows we have a job available. And Indeed staffer called to inform me how the system works. I'm disappointed they charged me a hefty bill. This might be a good service in a large urban area, but they are misleading to us folks in rural America.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I have been applying for jobs and I get to the question test area. They send me to sbarring where you can't take the test. There is not a next button like stated. I've wasted a lot of time with this unfit website!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

As a temp agency, I am looking to fill a variety of positions. When I send the description of the job to Indeed, I am sent candidates that aren't even CLOSE to what I'm looking for. Big time waster.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I was helping a friend set up an Indeed Ad. I used my card. I set it for a $50 spend (Assuming it was a fair budget). Next thing you know my card is charged $400. In addition, after having reconfirmed to cancel my account, they proceeded to charge me an additional $170. Company is a rip off.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

This Company should be shut down for the scamming they do. I posted a job and made the fatal mistake of having sponsored it to get more job applicants. My credit card was declined in May 2016. I then figured it was declined that was the end of it. I then did another sponsored in Sep 2017 and all was well until they took off over 600 in charges off my credit card. Apparently they kept trying to take out the money for the May 2016 and once the credit card was paid off they said I owed all the money backdated from then! I called screaming and yelling and got some of the money back. I told them to close my account and not use my credit card again. Guess what another 28 bucks off my credit card today.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I found Indeed easy to use and having job openings sent directly to my email inbox was convenient and saved time. Although it took some time I finally got a full time job in my field.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I submitted over 50 resume responses in one day, continued on daily basis for over a week, including all that were sent to my email claiming to be "chosen for me" which I assume in relation to my skill level. To date the ONLY responses were regarding directly apply to individual site. Seems odd even in mathematical observation that not any submitted were inquired? My skills are above reproach, personal/business references perfect/cover letters critiqued to job? Similar were sent on other sites and responded? I'm not "upset" due to lack of employment, it's just odd in little to no inquiries here, but from Career site replied with interest.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I am a business owner, when I posted an ad to fill vacancies in my staff, everything went well for about a week, and then without notice they sent me an email stating that my account had been disabled. The email stated that I had violated one of their quality standard policies. So I went to their policies on posting jobs, and I had not violated any of their policies. So then I called them to see what was going on. Then they told me that you have to have a business license. I own a home based business and I am not required to have a business license. I need to get some ads out. What do I do? Suggestions welcome.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I applied for a position via Indeed.com. I had a bad feeling about via Indeed.com. After thinking about putting my resume out on Indeed.com, I became concerned. Due to the problems with so many data breaches, I went directly to the company site to ensure that the position was posted, and the position was NOT posted on their site. I proceeded to call the company and confirmed the position did not exist. The position does not exist!!! Is this fraud or data baiting? I don't think they (Indeed) can do this, but they do.

I contacted Indeed via telephone number (1-800-475-4361), which is automated if your are a job seeker. I wanted to talked to a live person, so I pressed 2 to see if I could reach a real person and I did. I informed the person who answered that I felt that my data was highjacked by Indeed.com by posting a fake job. I told the rep that I wanted to talk to either the Legal Department or someone in their IT Security, because I want my data back! I was totally baited!!! The rep stated that I could not talk to anyone, but I could write to their Legal Department. I asked for a name and was informed that this is information she does not have. I also asked to talk to their head of IT Security, she could not give me that either.

I've worked for a legal department and the names are not secrets. I went to LinkedIn and did a search and found a name. For anyone who wants to write a complaint to Indeed can send a letter to the following: Indeed Inc. Attn: Legal Dept. (c/o ____ -- you can do a search on LinkedIn and find a real person). 6433 Champion Grandview Way, Building one, Austin, TX 78750. Terrible company to deal with. I will update if I get a response from Indeed.com.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Was contacted by Indeed employee and asked for registration. They only referred 2500 rs. As registration with no other charges. After registration I received a call from other Indeed employee for verification and asking for Rs. 8000 more. I requested them that I am not in a financial condition to pay this amount and then refused to assist me. I felt cheated and dishearten as how the company like Indeed is making money out of job seekers. Really disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

There are way too many fake ads and scams on this website, along with jobs that require unrealistic qualifications. My experience has been an absolute nightmare. I've applied to so many jobs, would barely receive any replies, and if I do, it's usually a scam or a rejection letter. I think that most of these jobs are asking for way too many skills for low pay and so they won't have to train potential employees. It's an absolute waste of time and exhausting for job seekers such as myself. If you have no/minimum working experience, do not even bother with this website or jobs posted on there.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I placed an ad on Indeed. Placed same ad on 3 different sites. I got 16 responses from Indeed in less than 2 months. All called set up appointment. Not one showed. Not one canceled. I have been hiring for 20 years. I have never seen anything like this. Something is not right with this site. At this point I am questioning if they have not just hired people to respond.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My experience with interviewing potential employees from Indeed.com has been extremely disappointing. I scheduled interviews with 5 different employees and none of them showed up. The quality of candidates that I've found on Indeed.com is severely lacking.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

The site is really great. The best that I've seen but if you need help for any reason, be prepared to look really hard for a contact # and when you call there are 2 options. Option #1 will hang up on you, option #2 will tell you to go to indeed.com/help where you think you might get help from someone and still don't! It is a troubleshooting page that had none of my issues on there which were- I could not log in and payment methods would not work! Super annoying and time-consuming which I do not have time for. Whatever happened to real customer service? Not even an email? And I hate emails. I'm not dealing with any company anymore if they don't have real customer service help or care. It's too time-consuming... wasting money and time.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I've been a long time user of Indeed for job searching. I set up an account to post a job in which I was recruiting for a Marketing Affiliate. They disabled my account and provided no reason why. When I appealed I was denied again without a reason provided. When I contact them again to ask why I was told the decision was final and again was not provided a reason why. Nor was I able to rectify whatever I did wrong. They just disabled my account. Without Reason.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I applied for a job with TCS Management. They contacted me back via email saying that the job was filled but they had a client looking for a personal assistant by the name John **. I emailed "John **" saying that I was interested in the position. He emailed me back saying he was out of town and would interview me in two weeks. Yesterday out of the blue I get an email saying a check is coming in the mail for me, I get confused because who sends someone a check they never met, but I said ok maybe he wants me pay bills or something, so the checks comes in the mail with a different name on the envelope, and a different name on the check.

Right away I knew something was wrong so I contacted the bank and they said it was fake. I have children and I could have gone to jail if I was to go to the bank and cash it. I thought Indeed had real jobs on here not scams. I really want to speak with someone about this, before going to social media about my complaints. I have all my information on Indeed.com and now they have my address, I really feel violated and stupid because I'm genuinely looking for jobs and I get scammed. Now I can't contact anyone and the idiots on Indeed took the ad down once I told them I contacted authorities! I can't even speak to anyone at Indeed to resolve the issue.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Website is way too hard to use. I posted a few jobs and they asked me about a monthly budget??? I had no idea what to do. I had no idea what I was gonna be charged and it looks like it was about $50.00 for one month. So I went in to cancel the account and stop payments but that is even harder than anything. No cancel account button. No way to stop payments. Just horrible. Now I have to wait and call them tomorrow because their customer service is closed. I would NOT recommend indeed to anyone even my worst enemy.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Used this site for first time recently and thought it was real easy to navigate. Finding positions to upload resume was easy. Some employers sites are just too much. One took almost 45 min to complete. It would be nice to know this before getting in middle and realizing what's happening. It's not Indeed's fault but a heads up would be greatly. Those sites on this site could wait til interview process starts. I suppose this is their way of weeding people out at this point.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

After a lengthy history using Indeed for free/cheap I decided to try out their posted job ad and hire services. Will NEVER make that mistake again. My customer rep persuaded our small business to post ads that ended up costing us thousands of dollars and then made no apologies or concessions in response except to say they had tried to call me. This company should and almost certainly will fail as more employees are exposed to their unethical and unfair practices. Employers and candidates deserve much better. And cannot get much worse.

Original review: July 30, 2017

A fake job ads on Indeed that says “Music Teacher, Indian Idol Academy - Mumbai, Maharashtra” is fake. After you apply to the position, they send an email like "In order to join Indian Idol Academy, it is compulsory to join a training program called Music Mentor Certification Program. This program will cost you Rs. 10,000. For more details, log on to our website - www.indianidolacademy.in. Indian Idol Academy offers a host of opportunities to those who pass this training program. Join our program now and pay only Rs. 2000 registration fee." Many people applied and came to attend the workshop. None has been given any jobs. They have locked their office and now organizing it in different places. Please be aware.

Indeed expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

• Best for: Indeed.com is best for job seekers who want to search broadly for employment and for employers who want wide visibility for their job postings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs