3.64/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Indeed

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Indeed Reviews

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I love Indeed.com! The easily navigated website makes your entire job search feel and look very professional. They help you make a professional looking resume that can be easily updated, reviewed and attached to each job application. The site gave me a sense of confidence and excitement in my search. Their site continually sends job openings daily. The amount and variation of job openings were surprising and fun to see. I ended up with the perfect job for me within a month! I am 61 years old and it was the best job search I have ever had!

Original review: May 2, 2019

I want to thank Indeed for not only helping me get a great job but a career. Although it did take some time, they really did help me by sending me notifications on new job opportunities as they came in. I also liked the fact that the jobs stayed relevant to the type of career I was seeking. Me and my family truly appreciate what they are doing for me and others. Indeed has been a great resource and tool, by helping a lot of people find great jobs and careers. So thank you Indeed for helping me achieve my career goals and keep it up.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 19, 2019

As a small business we do not have a large recruiting budget. Indeed's free service has found us many amazing new hires at no cost to us. Their site is easy to use and I love the ability to utilize the questionnaire that limits candidates and only sends me ones based on the questions I ask. From a billing perspective, the prior HR Manager placed the $100 monthly subscription on our VP's credit card and then left the company. This was reported to Indeed and within 2 business days we received a full refund. This is a stand up company that I would highly recommend to any business professional.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I love this site. Easy to apply for jobs and it is so simple. Thank you. Way better than CareerBuilder! I just love how easy it is to upload your cover letter and resume. One of my favorite parts of this site is the ease of access to apply for certain jobs with their "easily apply" option next to certain jobs.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

All I wanted was to hire someone but Indeed not only takes your money to post and look for an employee. but also provide a platform for those so called employees to write negative reviews on your company. I dont need to pay someone for negative reviews. Do not use this service. Use other job search platforms that does not allow irritate people bad mouth you after you pay them for a service. And it shows up under my companies google searches so everyone can go see this crap.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Don't share your credit card details to Indeed. I am being charged without notification after every 3- 4 days. I am struggling hard to get customer service number to discuss the issue but I really don't know where have they hidden it. Be aware, you are about to be charged without any calculations or notification. The only notification you get is from your bank about amount deducted.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Indeed gives you the option (In Theory) to set a daily budget, but they will exceed your budget by 60%-100% every single time for their Own Personal Financial Gain. This is no exaggeration, I have been using them on and off to lace ads for almost a year now. They make it so difficult for me to keep using their platform because I have zero control of my advertising budget. Really Sad Indeed!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Our company posted some jobs on indeed.com. We started to get email notification every time an applicant applied. So far so good, but since the number of applicants started to increase we had to disable to email notification. Guess what? There is no such a feature offered in our profile. That's not all. Every application you receive comes from a unique email address "e.g **" instead of a single email, so you can't get rid of the email by just reporting it spam in your gmail. It will keep coming. We had no choice but to close the account. So we went ahead to our dashboard and looked for it. Again, no such a thing exist. We had to contact their support to manually close our account and go through bunch of verification process like our time does not matter at all. Overall, horrible experience. I feel there is a shady practice going on to stop you from leaving and a very basic platform offered with no control over usual things. You better off with another job site.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

As a company we've had 42 positions listed on Indeed in the past few years. We paused all postings because we did not have any openings earlier this year. Somehow one posting was "left open" and not paused and was charged at a rate of $500 a month (for a position that didn't exist). Once my admin caught the charges I contacted our sales rep who did some research on the posting.

He stated that it had just been left open but he could see no activity from us on the posting. Unfortunately he said that couldn't refund even one month of the posting and we have no way to prove it was "paused" because the data belongs to Indeed. That obviously left a bad taste with us and we then attempted to remove our credit card information from their site and delete our account... Impossible! There is no link to "delete account" and a search on the site does not come up with a suggestion. Furthermore, it won't let you take your credit card out without replacing it with another. Our fear now is that the account will be "un-paused" again mysteriously and the burden of proof will be on us.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Indeed has a very easy to use job board for both employers and employees alike. Unfortunately the costs are more than what anyone would want to pay. We spent over $500 in a month and out of 54 candidates, one showed up for their interview. The pricing system works in several ways. You can either budget yourself per day or per month. We set our budget at $20/day (which was recommended) for this ad and only ran it for two weeks because the bill was suddenly over $500. We stopped using indeed because we couldn't be spending $500/month for nothing.

The math clearly didn't add up. It turns out indeed actually charges based on the traffic of applicants. We did receive 54 applicants, but the cost was then calculated per applicant and not set by our budget of $20/day. The indeed support provided no feedback on this only stating that "this is how our system works." We couldn't be wasting all this money for nothing.

We reached out to CareerBuilder and ZipRecruiter who provided much more competitive rates at $350/month and they allowed us to post up to 3 jobs with access to their resume database. We've already hired 2 individuals in the last week thanks to them and we have a couple more openings. It's $700/month, but we've already seen great results in that little amount of time. Indeed's business model is not competitive nor available for small companies that need to budget their costs. Consider all options before signing up with them.

Indeed expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

• Best for: Indeed.com is best for job seekers who want to search broadly for employment and for employers who want wide visibility for their job postings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs