2. Job Search Sites

3.9/5 (1007 ratings)

About Indeed

Indeed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Don't put all your trust in Indeed. I did, and it did not go well. After weeks of going through the supposed hiring process, things started to get weird and that's when I verified it was a fake job posting. I not only lost time, but also money. Money I didn't have, because I was looking for a job. It makes me wonder, how many of the other job postings I applied for, were actually true. To anyone who is reading this, just be careful, I don't wish this to anyone.

Indeed response

Hi Jocelyn. Thank you for reaching out to share your experience. We are here to help to investigate this. A member of our team has responded to your review via private message. Please follow up with us there so we can further assist. We look forward to hearing from you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Not only was being on Indeed a waste of my time, I tried to post an honest review about one of the places I worked at, and they didn’t allow it. I don’t understand why my review wasn’t allowed. I was honest and very detailed. I’m looking forward to finding other websites to apply for a job, or just contacting the company or companies themselves. Getting censored corny explained reasons is what made me delete my account for good, and I will never come back.

Indeed response

Hello Jenna, thank you for reaching out here. A member of our team has responded by private message with a link to our Review Guidelines. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to follow up with us there.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Beware! BLACKLISTED SCAM COMPANY! SCAM Company and non-existent company. Software automatically withdraws money and then disables the account. Further, there is no customer care to file a complaint. They have created some pseudo-appeal web form that automatically denies and fails to refund the money. Our companies filed a complaint with our banks and our banks have blacklisted this company. Even google and other media show results for many other users who had to endure similar experience. It seems like they try to skim money from individuals, companies and parties who are less likely to file a lawsuit.

We intend to eventually bring attention to this company's operations so that government officials can evaluate bias with the algorithms and evaluate for scam through tests and responses. HORRIBLE SITE, HORRIBLE User-Interface and options are hidden to encourage maximum payout while concealing underlying intent to renege on providing any service. Also, candidate profiles are fake! Company Scammers operated from somewhere in JAPAN. One of those Japanese scam companies!

Indeed response

Hi Rose, we are very sorry to hear about this experience. A member of our team has followed up with you by private message to see how we can help.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Indeed sent me coupon/brochure, so I used it to advertise, I have a very small business. Both the brochure the company sent me and the verbiage on their site assures the buyer that your company will not be charged for unqualified candidates. The ad was placed around June 16th, 2021 my budget ceiling was $800. I directly stated in my job ad that I needed a candidate who was local/located in NH, that they need to have a specific license and a specific certification, and I made those 'deal breakers', that this was not a remote job ( though it had the capability to be partially remote at times).

Within approx. 24 hrs, I received 10 responses, only one of which met my criteria. The rest were from all over the US, and most did not have any of the selection criteria, or deal breakers, but I was charged for them. Indeed charged me $725, blowing through most of my entire budget. Is it a coincidence that the errors they made quickly sucked away my entire budget?

By searching as if I was an applicant, I later discovered that some kind of bot at Indeed had my job listed as ‘remote’ which it definitely was not, and I had not listed the position as remote, not at all. So I was paying big for expensive false advertising. I wrote THREE times to try and get some kind of customer service- finally someone answered and reduced my bill, only by $350- I was still being charged for all those unqualified candidates. The person who tersely responded told me this is the best I could hope for. Mind you, I wrote the ad, I posted it, I answered the responses, a computer program at Indeed merely spewed out this stuff online to their site, and an algorithm, I am sure, messed up my ad. Very few, if any real human beings were involved in this mess. I am just a casualty of bad artificial intelligence at Indeed.

In July I got one person applying, and was charged $80. In August, a single candidate applied twice, and I was charged TWICE (total $160), even though it was the SAME PERSON (maybe they were also having trouble with the software, it was on the same day). Once again, impossible to get any kind of customer service to answer me to rectify this problem of being overcharged. The software is difficult to use and confusing. Indeed is terribly expensive with bad software and bad service. I would not have posted the ad unless I knew I would not be charged for unqualified candidates, and I relied on the company’s promise that I would not be charged, and yet I was.

Indeed response

Hi there, we are very sorry to hear about your poor experience with Indeed. We have sent you a private message to further assist.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I have a program bug in my indeed account saying I have a degree, I do not nor does my account or resume say this, This makes employers think I am lying. I sent three urgent requests though their help system and they have NEVER responded (app says 24 hours) you would think this is an important issue,.. So very disappointing they can't even respond to such an urgent matter.

Indeed response

Hi John, we are very sorry to hear about your poor experience with Indeed. We have sent you a private message to further assist.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

An employee who provided false ID and violated several issues of the employee handbook was confronted with a written write-up. The employee immediately quit. The employee had been at the firm less than 2 weeks. In revenge, the employee, who lost his wrongful termination lawsuit, went to Indeed and blasted my company with 1 star reviews, false questions and other misleading information and then opened a competitor firm.

Thanks Indeed. You truly help me recruit by allowing an employer to be harmed by someone who was barely an employee, quit and was proven to have quit in his false lawsuit. There is no process for remediating this in Indeed. Meanwhile, the other team members posted good reviews to combat the lies. Surprise surprise... The false review sorts first and two of the other employee reviews were removed because they gave good ratings. Indeed, the Yelp of employer reviews...

Indeed response

Hello, thank you for reaching out. A member of our team has responded to your review with instructions on how to report this review to our moderation team.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Do not use Indeed to hire - nor look for any job. The company promoted "Free Job Post," then they disable your account, keep asking for "Sensitive" documents to prove you are a business owner. Question is why do I have to provide any sort of document while my credit card, email, and phone number has already been verified. So do not use indeed to hire for any job. Do not look to hire anyone from indeed. Unfortunately without the proper documentation associated with a legitimate business, you will no longer be able to post on Indeed. We will need the specific documentation we requested in order for the review to move forward on the account. To protect our job seekers, we reserve the right to review accounts at any time and if we find that there is no verifiable information, reserve the right to disable them.

Update*** Indeed is not a financial institute nor related to banking. There is no requirement for a business owner to provide you with sensitive business documents, as you have no control over who applies for the job. Moreover Indeed does not guarantee the validity of a job offer and cautions Job Seekers to verify the validity of a job offer before taking an adverse action regarding their current employment situations. Job Seekers are solely responsible for verifying the accuracy of any Employer or job offer. So there is no protection here.. all is a bogus reason from Indeed.

**Do not use indeed to hire** as they require you to validate your business by providing them sensitive material. This is not Upwork, where I am bound to use the platform only with its rules. I simply post a job and get a response. My business information was provided by "website", "phone number", "email" which is more than enough for a job posting.

Indeed response

Hi Mike, we did try to assist you on Facebook with reenabling your account. However, regardless of whether or not you use our free or sponsored product, for the protection of our job seekers we require verifiable information that links you to a legitimate company that you are hiring for. We've provided the necessary steps for you to get your account reenabled.

Original review: July 29, 2021

After creating an account I attempted to claim my company page (of which there were 3). The process was not intuitive and frustrating to navigate. After a day of emails and finally getting the company email labeled as the admin, I was still unable to customize the company page. Another three days of email communication were wasted trying to get it fixed before I gave up. At least I was able to post jobs, or so I thought. After posting one job that got only a few hits we attempted to post a second. Upon submitting the second job posting the entire account got shut down and all postings removed because the job post did not meet their "quality standards."

Indeed response

Hi there, we are very sorry to hear about the poor experience you had here. We would like to have a closer look to see how we can assist, can you please follow up with us by email at socialcare@indeed.com so we can help?

Original review: July 21, 2021

We used Indeed for about a year and a half. In recent months the results compared to the cost was poor. We cancelled the service. They continued to charge our card, and they refused correct the problem.

Indeed response

Hello Daryl, thank you for reaching out. A member of our team has responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there so we can further assist.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Somehow I was diverted to Indeed whilst attempting to complete a job application for a particular company. When I realized I had been diverted, I stopped filling in blanks, but it was too late. I now get constant harassing emails, phone calls and texts from fake companies, all requesting my personal information. Indeed won’t remove my information, and I cannot get the calls to stop. It appears that Indeed leaked or sold my information to spammers.

Indeed response

Hello, thank you for reaching out and we can assure you that we take the privacy of our users very seriously. You can learn more about this by viewing our Privacy Policy below.

Indeed author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

Indeed Company Information