2. Job Search Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5

Indeed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Original review: June 28, 2020

Indeed is an important and excellent job search site, job board, website. I have been using it for at least 3 years and running now. It offers me a great deal of latitude and alternatives for searching various fields or industries, I.E. Employment areas and commensurate options when I am looking for employment. I have 5 degrees in 5 different areas and so I need diversified searches. The varieties of potential jobs in a area or field is excellent when using indeed. I have recommend it to many people looking for employment in many career fields and either full and part time hours.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I am a retired school teacher, but since retiring in 2011, I have looked for part-time jobs just to add a little extra income to my teacher retirement (which just barely covers my bills and leaves nothing for anything else.) I have found three different jobs through Indeed. I found a job at a discount store, an assistant teacher's job, and a job at an eye care center. All were half-day jobs with average incomes that filled the gap I was looking for. The discount store was a seasonal job at Christmas, but the other two were long term jobs that I kept for a few years each. Indeed gives you a very good description of the jobs and makes it easy to apply. I found that I can completely trust the reliability of Indeed.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I love Indeed because it has an versatile app and is easy to navigate- it's very user friendly and I love that I can do different searches and then have the results sent to me. I also love that I can create and then download my resume straight from the app and the hints are also helpful. There are so many jobs listed there that I feel that it's a reliable source and will have real-time results for jobs hiring now.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Indeed posts job announcements and allow job seekers to conveniently type on site a cover letter. I like to follow organizations of interest. I have never experienced a rep to contact me about my application being reviewed or to offer supportive options. What I like best is the ability to navigate their system to locate job possibilities by typing in various words to search job responsibilities to see availabilities. The site is easy to navigate. The lack of rep support has been obvious.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Despite finding Indeed to be superior in terms of the quantity of job listings, I never did find employment from using it. I believe that was due to my looking for a part-time position and my not having sufficient technological skills. For example, I had worked as a medical assistant/receptionist for nearly eight years (that was my last job) and I assumed I'd be able to find a similar position easily. Wrong! The doctor I worked for refused to use electronic records so I had no skills in that area. Most every other medical practice required someone familiar with medical record keeping and that seemed to make me automatically unsuited. I can't blame Indeed for that because they did have numerous jobs that were listed and seemed promising. I just didn't have the right skills.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: April 19, 2021

I am an extremely qualified professional in the pharmaceutical industry. I have applied for jobs on Indeed and within a very short period time I receive a rejection notice. No serious person reviews credentials that fast. The rejection notice is always a non-reply, and when Indeed is question as to the validity of the post they simply state they just post what the company gives them. Indeed should be forced to check the validity of the post being made. Many (including me) feel there're often no jobs and companies are simply looking to see what talent is on the market.

Indeed response

Hello Richard, a member of our team has responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there if you have any additional questions.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: April 10, 2021

We are a professional vacation rental company with properties in CA and FL and established since 2017. We needed to hire a property manager and decided to use this website. Initially when signing up, no information about our company was asked for. 2 days after our posting indeed removed the ad without any explanation, we appealed the decision and provided all company information for them to verify including a utility bill. They still did not accept and asked us to contact there "client success" team. Our company has over 2 million in revenue and growing, for this website to not confirm the legitimacy of our LLC is surprising. We don't usually write reviews, but suggest all employers to use other competitor websites, Indeed is very difficult to deal with!

Indeed response

Hello Arshdeep, thank you for reaching out. A member of our team has responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there so we can further assist.

Original review: April 4, 2021

As a jobs platform, Indeed is great. What I don't care for is any political views from a COMPANY. They need to wise up and keep opinions to themselves. Unless of course, their goal is to become the next NBA. ???? "We The People" have had enough!

Original review: March 26, 2021

I received a scammer phone call 1 week after signing up with Indeed. The scammer related information about my expertise that I had only ever shared as a job search category on Indeed. It was not on any of my social media nor on my resume. The only time I had ever listed it was on the job filters on the Indeed.com website.

Indeed response

Hi Nelda, it's our priority to protect the personal information of our users. A member of our team has sent you a private message to gather more details so we can investigate what happened here.

Original review: March 9, 2021

My experience with Indeed is not positive. Since the site uses a grading system on applicants, I feel that it is not a fair system at all. First, you receive a message from Indeed saying that your qualifications match a particular job, then you review the company's job summary and decide to apply. You have an exceptional Resume, Cover Letter and supporting documents and still receive responses that you are not qualified. That is not unusual but, to apply to numerous jobs and continue to receive the same message is unusual and draws a red flag.

How does one really know if the application ever reached the employer in the first place and the response that you receive is not from a live person but, to find out it is an automated response. I would suggest job seekers looking into other alternatives for applying for employment. There are many out there like networking, which is probably the most sufficient one. Indeed is just not one of them, which is very unfortunate when you see it being advised on social media and television of what a wonderful tool for seeking employment. I really don't think so.

Indeed response

Hello Andrea, thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. A member of our team has responded to your review by private message. If you need further assistance, please follow up with us there.

Indeed author review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team