3.9/5 (1271 ratings)

About Indeed

Indeed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Original review: May 20, 2022

Indeed is a really good job search website, but they need to add more servers or upgrade infrastructure. It takes a long time to update when I start changing job search inputs like area searched or date of listings.

Indeed response

Hi Blaine, we are always working to update and improve our products and features. We will share your feedback with our Product team. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

Honestly, month ago I could never imagine that one day (today) I will be writing review for a....Are you ready?... For FREAKING JOB APPLICATION AND SEARCH WEBSITE. If someone told this to me month ago, I definitely would take my time to go and dislike all his pictures he was carefully positing for such a disrespect. I couldn't ever imagine that I'll use job search engine ever again, I literally promised myself never to, when I spent my entire week trying to clean up my email from annoying offers which were completely not my target. But I did, I gave it one more chance and here I am: happy because EMPLOYED, got enough time to spend with reading on this book I had for so long but never opened, and it's all because I wasn't worried that my email will turn into junkyard overnight. If you can relate to my frustration in the past- Indeed is your choice, trust me, I've been thru it all for all of us, and it doesn't worth it.

Indeed response

Hello, a member of our team has responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

This job site always has plenty of jobs in different industries to choose from. The site is easy to navigate and has a filter for certain aspects of the job. If you are just browsing, you are able to save job postings to come back to at a leather time. You are also able to upload, or manually type in your resume, for easy applying for jobs.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Indeed has an excellent resume building platform online, which streamlines application. Indeed also tailors job searches to search and has online skills and qualifications questions to be sure whether applicants are qualified. They even let you choose work locations geographically. I love that!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Used Indeed to find employment and landed a position with benefits, pto, and discounts. I would recommend Indeed to anyone looking to quickly find a job. The automated services even matches you with positions that are new and/or ones you did not know of yet.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

My assistant placed a job listing on this site. They do not make it clear that you are charged a huge amount!! We only used 2 of the resumes and those two didn’t even show up for an interview. We just got our credit card bill and it was almost 6000.00! We are a small company and that is more than our yearly budget for advertising. How can a company be so unfair!! I will make sure all of my business friends and business groups know what a rip off this company is!!

Indeed response

Hello Danelle, a member of our team has responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there so we can further assist.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

Indeed is a cruel joke and utter waste of time. Indeed is incapable of even making a survey that accurately portrays a rating of their job postings. For instance, when asked by Indeed to tell them where the application process is at, the selections leave out an important one - where the potential employer asks for an interview, but, for the first time, the pay rate is revealed, and it is so low that I'd never consider them. Indeed's job listing feed is available to the highest bidder. Jobs that are NOT in my zip code/mileage range are continually listed, and misrepresented. One in particular is in NH but the feed lists the location as in my zip code. Shameful! If you're looking for work, go elsewhere. The 5 star ratings here are probably all from Indeed agents.

Indeed response

Hello Peter, a member of our team responded to your review via private message. Please follow up with us there so we can further assist.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Worst and I must say they are looting people in their website. Their whole algorithms set to loot people but not provide proper service. Worst never choose. Their whole website is a spam panel to loot money.

Indeed response

Hi there, we would like to learn more about what happened here. Can you please send us an email to socialcare@indeed.com with more details on your experience using Indeed so we can check this out?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Indeed is a scam and if you're a business owner beware. They will take your money and provide no results. The account reps are nonexistent and incompetent. It's expensive and useless. This company should be burned to the ground.

Indeed response

Hi Ken, we are very sorry to hear that you feel this way. Can you please send us more details to socialcare@indeed.com so we can have a closer look at what happened here and see how we can assist?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Part scam? Makes you wonder! The way it works is you post a job listing. The impression given is that it is free to post a job position opening and that if an applicant applies and you are interested click "interested", and you pay $30 which I find to be fair. Instead, the way it actually works, people submit resumes, and automatically for every Tom, Dick, and Harry that applies they charge you $30/each versus paying for the applicants you click interested in.

Business owner beware: People with absolutely no background in your very specific industry apply, you are charged. Interviews and requests are oddly no-shows and no responses, you are charged. If you are ok with spending over $400 on random applicants that do not meet your qualifications or do not fill out all the information you request from them to applicants you show interest in that do not respond to requests or become no-shows for interviews, leaving you with a total of 3 real interviews, then go for it!

As a business owner, this is very frustrating and makes you wonder if they employ or have bots to "apply" for job listings just so they can make their money. Think before you decide to post a job opening! I absolutely do not recommend Indeed! Look for other resources. I wish I would had looked at other peoples' reviews before giving them a try.

Indeed response

Hi Angela, we are sorry to hear about the poor experience. Cost per application is a pricing model offered by Indeed to employers where they can choose how much they would like to spend per application. Please keep in mind that Indeed does not have control over jobseeker behavior. That includes candidates not showing up for interviews etc. If you are still in need of further assistance, you can reach out at socialcare@indeed.com. Thank you.

Indeed author review by Anne Mercer

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

by Anne Mercer Contributing Writer

Anne Mercer has covered a number of topics, industries and companies since she began contributing to consumer-focused articles for ConsumerAffairs in 2018. She has a bachelor’s degree from Western New England University.

Indeed Company Information