3.9/5 (1228 ratings)

About Indeed

Indeed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

Honestly, month ago I could never imagine that one day (today) I will be writing review for a....Are you ready?... For FREAKING JOB APPLICATION AND SEARCH WEBSITE. If someone told this to me month ago, I definitely would take my time to go and dislike all his pictures he was carefully positing for such a disrespect. I couldn't ever imagine that I'll use job search engine ever again, I literally promised myself never to, when I spent my entire week trying to clean up my email from annoying offers which were completely not my target. But I did, I gave it one more chance and here I am: happy because EMPLOYED, got enough time to spend with reading on this book I had for so long but never opened, and it's all because I wasn't worried that my email will turn into junkyard overnight. If you can relate to my frustration in the past- Indeed is your choice, trust me, I've been thru it all for all of us, and it doesn't worth it.

Indeed response

Hello, a member of our team has responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

This job site always has plenty of jobs in different industries to choose from. The site is easy to navigate and has a filter for certain aspects of the job. If you are just browsing, you are able to save job postings to come back to at a leather time. You are also able to upload, or manually type in your resume, for easy applying for jobs.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Indeed is very helpful when searching for a job. I have found 2 jobs thru indeed. And I am contacted frequently by employers who have reviewed my indeed resume. Indeed also offers helpful tools in job searching and strengthen your resume

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Indeed has an excellent resume building platform online, which streamlines application. Indeed also tailors job searches to search and has online skills and qualifications questions to be sure whether applicants are qualified. They even let you choose work locations geographically. I love that!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Used Indeed to find employment and landed a position with benefits, pto, and discounts. I would recommend Indeed to anyone looking to quickly find a job. The automated services even matches you with positions that are new and/or ones you did not know of yet.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 5, 2022

I am very disappointed with Indeed. I am a business owner and I was looking for employees. I have received about 15 applications, looked over everyone’s resumes and I have gave many calls to my top picks even including the appliers that I wasn’t interested in. I have even left them voicemails but not even one person responded back. Indeed still charged me $108 even though Indeed didn’t help me about anything. Also wasn’t useful in anyway. I urgently want my money back due to this bad service.

Indeed response

Hello Sude, we're sorry to hear about this experience. Please send us an email at socialcare@indeed.com with your Indeed account email and a description of the issue and we would be happy to look into this for you. Kind Regards, -Indeed Support

Update 5/6- we have issued a full refund in the amount of $108 to this client

Original review: April 8, 2022

I like Indeed for job postings. The thing I don't like, is there are some employers that will send you an email stating they saw your resume and they think you would be a good fit for their company. But here is the catch, when you respond you are interested and apply for the job, they don't respond back to you. Kind of scary, not sure if that is some sort of scam or phishing to get your info.

Indeed response

Hi James, thank you for reaching out. A member of our team has responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Original review: April 5, 2022

In the pursuit of a new job, I used all of the major job search sites such as Monster, LinkedIn, Zip Recruiter, Glassdoor and Indeed. I had no idea what I was getting into until I put my information on Indeed. Right away, I started getting job offers for jobs from companies that said that they saw my resume on Indeed. Cold calls and text at all times of the day. Even on Sunday mornings. They offered ridiculous pay rates such as $98,000 for data entry or remote customer service jobs. Or jobs offering $12.00 an hour for crappy jobs not even related to resume and employment history. Emails, text and cold calls every day. They all had one purpose. That was to get my personal information and social security number.

Some of the companies had fake job websites to make them seem legit. 100% of these scammers had one two things in common. They said that they got my information from Indeed and these were bad actors from India. I’m not talking about a few. Over an 8 month period, I would get at least one of these a day. Do the math. Indeed seems to be a database for scammers in India to find gullible people in the United States to steal their identity. I did not have this issue with any other job search board. Stay away from Indeed!!!

Hi Reggie,

We are very sorry to hear about your poor experience with Indeed. We have sent you a private message to further assist.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Companies are out of control and the laws protect their interests. Indeed has enough money to screen companies thoroughly prior to posting a company's ad for their profit. Before someone from Indeed replies to this post, I'm aware you verify companies, but Indeed does not, as most companies, consider the integrity for job seekers and thoroughly background check the companies they advertise.

Applied many times prior to a company that was interested in hiring me. This company treated like gum on a shoe, yelled at - and attacked me verbally when I didn't let them get away with vagueness. In other words, I didn't let this company treat me badly. While that was happening, I had to deal with their terribly mismanaged and chaotic "management." Since I reported the company to Indeed, I keep getting rejection after rejection for new jobs, only to find the company still lists their jobs on Indeed's platform.

Indeed is clearly not invested in job seeker integrity, but rather their profit gain with the companies who pay them to advertise. It is also part of this automation world. Plenty of other job search engines out there and good old fashioned word by mouth. I look forward to receiving some ridiculous response from Indeed. I'll try hard not to expend more energy on typing anything Indeed related, unless their response is obnoxiously suggestive and irresponsible.

Indeed response

Hello, thank you for reaching out. A member of our team has responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Original review: March 12, 2022

As a just starting small business posting an ad has become very expensive and not worth the money spent. After a month of service I was charged close to $300 for no people to click on the ad and or the ones that were interested were people that misread the ad. Within the month of service there was only 3 people that were interested and I contacted but again was not helpful to what I had in the Job posting. Starting a business is expensive as is, but with trying to hire people or offer services on Indeed is so expensive that it is not worth the time or money. It can be helpful if you have the money to waste.

Hi Pablo,

Best regards,

The Indeed Team

Indeed author review by Anne Mercer

Since its founding in 2004, Indeed.com has become one of the largest job search engine sites on the Internet. Indeed operates in over 50 countries and in 28 languages.

• Indeed Resume: Indeed allows job seekers to upload their resumes, or they can build a resume with Indeed’s helpful resume tool.

• Indeed Publisher Program: Joining the Indeed Publisher Program allows consumers to include search tools on their company’s website. Publishers earn money based on traffic from their site to Indeed.

• Indeed blog: Indeed’s regularly-updated blog contains advice for employers and job seekers as well as in-depth information about global market trends. Indeed also has a blog dedicated solely to engineering. These blogs have regular postings to keep information current and useful.

• Job seeker profile: Creating a profile on Indeed is fast and easy. Job seekers can save searches and job postings, and, in some cases, they can apply directly through Indeed.com. Other features like job alerts and management tools help keep the search process organized.

• Salary and job trend analytics: Indeed.com allows users to view analytics from several different professions. Employers and job seekers can view this information for free.

by Anne Mercer Contributing Writer

Anne Mercer has covered a number of topics, industries and companies since she began contributing to consumer-focused articles for ConsumerAffairs in 2018. She has a bachelor’s degree from Western New England University.

Indeed Company Information