2.7/5 (336 ratings)

About Robert Half

Robert Half Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Robert Half?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Robert Half?

Original review: July 18, 2022

I used them in Houston to hire an administrator person. They charge more than any other company and give guarantee which as it turns out is bogus… After hiring a seemingly qualified person… It became clear very quickly that this person was not only incompetent, but not very bright and insubordinate. The person was not qualified the way that they had promised, was hopeless at administration, kept getting things confused, made lots of mistakes and couldn’t take correction. Basically a mess. When I went back to get them Replaced consistent with the guarantee that they had made, They refused to honor the guarantee and charged me for all the time that this Incompetent candidate had spent with me. In other words I paid over $10,000 to them for an incompetent person and they didn’t make it right. I wouldn’t use them again if my life depended on it.

Original review: July 7, 2022

Do not expect any kind of professional curtesy, service or follow up. Managerial staff members are very unprofessional as they do not return messages or follow through on completing intakes for registering you, etc. I have tried to reach them for months by phone and email and cannot get anywhere. By the tone of the other reviews, I guess I am better off not working with them. THEY DO NOT CARE! Very Disappointed!

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2022

At first everything went well. I was prepped and got help practicing for an interview which I truly appreciated. I interviewed with an German exports company and got the job. Everything went downhill from there. The job was the worst I have ever worked at in my life, gossiping, favoritism, bullying and racist. When I reached out to Robert Half saying I wanted to quit, they did nothing to actually help me. There was no weekly check-ins with me either like they said they would do.

When I contacted them to see if I could change my schedule to have a doctor appointment once a week they never replied to my 2 emails. I was wrongfully terminated from that contract assignment because of how toxic that job was, and I wouldn't kiss their butts. I still have things there and my recruiter was clearly pissed that he has to go get it, because they wouldn't let me in the building anymore, like I'm some kinds of criminal. They have no regard for you at all once you receive an assignment. And I honestly no longer trust them to find me a safe work place. Once they give me my stuff back, I'm using a different agency. Good luck everyone.

Original review: May 5, 2022

My first position was great, so I kept coming back thinking they were a decent company. I was very wrong. My time with RH was marred by rude receptionist, missed staffing appointments, and missed callbacks. I was constantly told incorrect wage amounts, job duties, wrong working hours per week and wrong working schedule.

The RH headquarters managers gave me the wrong start date by a month, told me the day I was supposed to start that the new start date was a month later after I put my 2 weeks in at my old position, and told me they would find a new temp position so I could pay my rent in the meantime. They never followed up knowing that unemployment wasn't an option for me. I found another opportunity through the company website, which they blocked "due to company policy". When I finally got an answer, they denied saying they would help me, despite an email paper trail, leaving me out of work for over a month. I would avoid this agency at all costs

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Prepared to forfeit about 40% of your pay to vampires? Robert Half took almost HALF of a contracted hourly pay rate. RH paid me 17 per/hr for a 30 per/hr job & collected 13 per every hr I worked. RUN!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

My personal experience with RH International/Robert Half has been nothing more than a moral catastrophe, for lack of more realistic terms, on their part. I possessed at the time over 15 years of experience in medical diagnostics and medical equipment sales, when one of their local managers in their Miami/Blue Lagoon office stated: "...I know of a great used car sales opportunity for you with such experience." Such an irresponsible statement from one of their managers sent a shock through my system, and at that moment, shattered not only my perceived faith but my trust in a national company. It is a disgusting and reprehensible experience of their managers, and it is also a display of their contempt and disdain for anyone with more education than their immediate employees, and, especially their managers.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Yes I just experienced a horrible experience with them. Long story short I killed the interview, Direct company had me ready with onboarding and everything. My recruiter ** up my ssn and email in their "new system" and kept saying I was the first to go in. **!! So 2 weeks went by as her "lead" or supervisor was on VACATION and got back the day before the fingerprints had to be in. I kept asking them to show proof of what email they used and why was my SSN WRONG???? No comments....

I complained and then the branch manager called me and said, "Sorry time expired...." No dude. Your company is about to expire due to bad ratings all over social media and I'm putting in a BBB complaint as well. She did confess on the phone which I need to get that tracked and hopefully it was recorded she messed up my SSN then delaying my fingerprint schedule, and once that was finally fixed day before expire they had 4, YES 4 email in the system to give them that were ALLLL WRONG except one and that one they didn't send me a code to sign up!!!! Ridiculous!! So I had to do their work for them....

I called the fingerprint company and talked to a very smart dude who said "Yup they have 3 weird emails in here that are incorrect that you confirmed with me" I said WOWWWWW, now they are not returning "OUR" emails or calls since I C.C. everyone from the fingerprint company on the last email confirming they MESSED UP the process!!!! You are so right about meeting their deadlines..Time to blast their bad business all over social media!!!! They are the ranked #1 in the world... WHY??? They are very unprofessional when it comes to TECHNOLOGY AND RECRUITMENTS PROCEDURES.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

Eoin (the division manager at Robert Half) is very professional and helpful and I enjoyed working with him. I am impressed on how fast he helps me get the job that I am looking for, and how he provides me with the right information to succeed, and always keeps me informed throughout the whole process. In fact another agency had told me they were going to see the same client about 2 months ago but did not get back to me after that. I guess the client must have liked Eoin more for his professionalism.

Original review: April 27, 2021

A recruiter from this branch of Robert Half (RH) reached out to me about a couple of different opportunities. I was not actively looking for employment at that time. Two of the roles I discussed with RH resulted in interviews being scheduled, but ending in 2 very different ways. The first company I was scheduled to interview with cancelled the interview without any reason (per RH employees) and RH had no idea WHY the interview had been cancelled. Their only comment was .."I don't know why they cancelled, but the CFO must be very busy with a lot on his plate". I had no further follow up from them about this position.

The second company I interviewed with ultimately offered me the job and I relocated back to California specifically for that position. After securing a home in a VERY tough market (competing with multiple others for the same home), I emailed the company who made the offer to me to let them know I was on track for my start date. I did not get a response. I contacted RH to find out if they knew anything and they did not. Despite knowing the offer had been made AND accepted, they had not yet followed up with the company. Yet another week later, RH contacted me to say they were baffled as to what had happened and asked if I'd been in touch with the company about the position since the offer had been made and accepted. I said NO, other than to let the company know I was on track with my move. At this point during the conversation, RH then admitted that they HAD been in touch with the company the day before, who told them the role had been put on "hold" until July.

They do NOT care – they only cared about whether or not I had spoken to the company directly because they were worried I had somehow gone “around” them and they wouldn’t get their commission. I believe this is why they told me they were “baffled”, but once they received confirmation from myself that I had NOT gone around them, they all of a sudden HAD been in touch with the company and KNEW that the offer had been withdrawn… and were finally coming clean.

I asked if RH had ASKED the company what happened - given that an offer had been made & accepted AND I had moved heaven and earth to get down to California from Canada in order to be ready for my April start date. They would not answer any of my questions – not even remotely ADDRESS them. Not only do I STILL not know what happened with that job, but RH is no longer communicating with me at all. I have tried to also reach out to the company who made me the offer, but they have not responded. I believe that RH gave THEM the same “rules” to follow that they gave to ME. One of their multiple rules was that if I heard directly from the company, I was NOT to respond in ANY way, but to forward that communication directly to RH.

When I finally got tired of the “game” that was seemingly being played at my terribly GREAT expense, I had the gumption to tell them I didn’t trust them anymore – and that is when communication from RH stopped entirely. How DARE I voice questions about my livelihood and my future!! How DARE I be confused and angry that I moved 1,500 miles for a job that just disappeared without a single reason! How DARE I continue to follow up with them!! How DARE I!! After I moved my entire life and household (with an elderly parent that lives with me) across the country – I feel that I’m owed an answer. But RH has disappeared with the wind.

In all of my years, I have never experienced such unprofessionalism and a complete lack of empathy, not to mention the lack of a genuine desire to help FIND OUT what on Earth happened. They seem to forget that THEY called ME! I absolutely will not work with this company again. Based on the "Owner Responses" (and non-responses) to the other reviews, I doubt I will receive a professional courtesy of any kind as it relates to this review.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I received a call from a Robert Half rep on a late Friday who works with their legal clients. She stated she would call me back on a Saturday, which in all my years I’ve never heard of any company calling on a Saturday. Once speaking with the female rep we went over my resume instead of telling me she would be briefing me on my interview skills. She came across as harsh and rude. Then she began to talk down like she was giving me the homegirl speech. I do know she was a recruiter in Atlanta covering the Charlotte North Carolina area.

I have over 11 years of legal assistant background and 25 plus years of administration. Her overview was to take a customer service job. Why would I work in a call center when my resume history shows something else. I knew I couldn’t work with her and I knew what my situation was at the time so I didn’t take any more of her phone calls. She wasn’t professional enough for me and her delivery as a Robert Half rep was terrible. A month past and I spoke with a different recruiter and her demeanor was far more professional. I would still work with Robert Half, but I don’t want to work with the first recruiter.

Robert Half Company Information