1.03/5
Based on 61 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Robert Half

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 4, 2017

63 Robert Half Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

The recruiters are very push and wants you to take the first job that you're offered. If you don't take the offer then they tend to back off a little and I wouldn't hear from them as often. I would email them to check in for jobs and they wouldn't email back. It gets very unprofessional on their side. When I didn't hear back after a few emails I would call the recruiter and she would speak to me as if I was her child (very rude). So I emailed her manager Kevin and the manager above him. After talking to him I thought he was going to help. He told me to contact him direct and he will work with me. So I did and he's never emailed or called me back. Super unprofessional... Very disappointing at Jacksonville office.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

RH basically ruined my life! I was happy at my old job! This so call "Vice President/Account Operations of Toronto" call me pushing me to quit my job for a better opportunity! Ya I have to admit I believe in her!!! Big mistake! I follow her direction and quit my job to go work for a hell place of discrimination. After my third days at this new job suppose to be so great place, I had to quit that job! I got so sick, pulling over the Highway to vomit! I call that so call Vice President RH to inform the situation! Her respond was "ya I was aware how rude that company was!!!" First time I hear this!! She said, "You should never quit!" No one trained me. Left me there and I did not know how the system work, I was called bad name, discriminate, bully, been call stupid! I never experience a situation like that in my life!!!

RH care only for themself $$$ they don't do any investigating. She never call me back or try to replace my job. It's been 5 months now and I am still unemployed! I am about to lose my house. I email, call them and nothing in returned! Shame on you! I know it's my fault, I decide to quit my old job to go work for RH new position. However HOW DARE you telling people to quit your happy job and go for a better opportunity that you didn't take time to look at the office and lie to me!! I believe in Karma and I do wish to see you when it will hit you as much as damage you did to me and my family! STAY AWAY FROM ROBERT HALF!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I am so disappointed with a specific recruiter at Accountemps. I've had problems with them in the past, and I was so hesitant in using their service again. Once again, they abruptly ended my assignment without giving me any kind of feedback with my services to their clients. I do not understand why places like Accountemps would abruptly end assignments. Most of the time, clients would be the one to tell you that they are ending your assignments. The client has trusted me with the drawer keys, and when I returned the key the next morning, my recruiter got upset with me. She said that I did not follow her instructions to not go back to the location.

Apparently, she wanted to meet me privately. When I told another recruiter that I wish I would be given feedback after every assignment, she started accusing me of sending clients vendors with proprietary information, and that was supposed to be the client's feedback. Accountemps are not very professional people. You would go at their client's location the last minute, you will not get any kinds of training, but they expect me to train someone when you get to the job location. This particular person would yell at you like you work for them, when they actually work for us. I would never ever use Accountemps again.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

My experience with Robert Half was very awful and unprofessional. I was verbally abused at the assignment they sent me to and when I reported it, they let me go. The supervisor told me I had to wear makeup and jewelry and wear a cardigan to cover myself when I was not wearing anything unprofessional. I took a picture of myself and a picture of the supervisor (who was wearing see through leggings). I have never been treated like that before and I don't want anybody to experience what I went through. They acted as if I was unprofessional and I have been in the professional field and I have a lot of experience. I am happy I am a paralegal now at a law firm that respects me as a woman.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I had bad experiences every time recruiters call me for job opportunities. First, I got phone interview and that went well. After that, the recruiter wanted to interview me over Skype which I provide my Skype ID through email. He never call me or send me an email. Don't bother getting job from this scam company. All they do is collect personal information and job history. They will waste your time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Robert Half?

Original review: July 3, 2017

My problem with this company is that they will call you three times in a row and not leave a message. When you call back there is no way to get a hold of the person that is calling or find out who it was. Very unprofessional, stay away.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I left a my position through Robert Half with Prime Therapeutics due to a death in my family. I took some time away and moved out of state to help my family recuperate after such a loss for my family. When I returned I called Robert Half and applied on Robert Half's website to seek employment. I've called the location in Irving on Decker Ct speaking to Diane, Brittney, and Amber and the location in Fort Worth on Summit Ave speaking to Yvonne, Matthew, and Priscilla. I left several voicemails and the recruiters (Brittney, Amber, Matthew and Priscilla) never returned my voicemail. When I say "never" I'm not over exaggerating. None of the 4 recruiters I just mentioned ever returned my voicemail. I had to call them several times in a day to get ahold of them after already leaving several voicemails.

I expressed to Amber and Brittney that I was becoming frustrated with the lack of communication and was feeling that maybe calling corporate would be the best route. After talking to Brittney I decided not to call corporate at that time. Robert Half still did not have a position to offer me. I called the Fort Worth office where I spoke to Matthew. He seemed sympathetic to my situation considering that I was not getting effective communication from the Irving office. I was glad I did not call corporate at that time. I spoke to Matt on a Thursday, he told me to give him a call directly on Monday. I called Matthew on Monday and Tuesday leaving voicemails both times and never received a callback.

Today on July 3rd after reaching out to Robert Half for a month has decided to call corporate. Unless you're willing to drive to each branch every time you have an inquiry or wish to have your resume submitted to a client I suggest you do not seek Robert Half for employment. The customer service I have received from this company makes me want to never work for a temp agency again. This temp agency made me feel very unimportant and just horrible to be honest. It's a horrible feeling trying to find work to take care of your kids and recruiters don't even have the decency to return your calls.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I was asked to come in for an interview for a potential employment opportunity with Robert Half by their manager. I did the interview and the manager seemed impressed with my working experience and interview skills but when I was asked if I had a Bachelor's degree I told them no but that I was currently in college for my Associate in Business I was automatically shut down!

First and foremost, this was something their hiring management team should have been aware of long before being called to an interview. I know they saw my resume online. The way I see it, you don't call someone for a job interview, don't even bother to research the resume and come to the conclusion that they don't fill the void because it doesn't meet their requirements even though it was plainly stated on the resume. It is a waste of both employer and applicant's time and money! If someone from Robert Half calls you for a job interview ask them what qualifications they need for the position and it requires a degree of some sort. Otherwise, you are simply wasting your time.

Original review: June 23, 2017

There have been a few VP and Director jobs listed that I have applied for and the recruiter's email has been attached to the job posting. I have asked (one recruiter 15 times) to at least acknowledge my email and that my resume was received. Yet no response at all. They don't seem to understand that if hired from their help, or at least a response, once hired I would be loyal to them. Now that I have a job, through another agency, if a Robert Half person comes knocking on my door, I will ignore them just as they did me. They are unprofessional.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I was contacted by Jose ** for a job opportunity. I returned his phone call and I even responded to his email. This place is not worth your time, they are unprofessional and very rude from the front desk to the recruiters. It was obvious he told the receptionist to screen his calls. I did not hear back from Mr. ** and he did not even have the decency to let me know if the job had been filled or not. This is common courtesy because for us job seekers it's important that they let us know so we are not waiting around. I understand that recruiters are busy all the time but do not contact potential candidates if you have no intention of returning their calls just because you found somebody else to fill it!!! A simple email would have suffice. I felt like an idiot calling this man when he had no intention of ever returning my calls. Please do yourself a favor and go with another staffing agency.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I've attempted to remove myself from the Robert Half email spam list they have me on for a month or two. They stupidly added me to a list advertising candidates for a city about 1500 miles from the one I'm based out of, so not only am I not interested in the candidates they supposedly want to send me, now they've annoyed me to the point that I've decided to block their entire network from sending email to anyone in my company. The most recent spam was just this afternoon, from address 204.75.127.192 which is part of their public 204.75.64.0/18 registered to them, so I know it was not a forgery. So, that will be the last one they send that anyone at my company receives. If you're a job seeker, I'd look for someone who markets you to relationships they've actually cultivated instead of harvesting email addresses they think might be someone hiring new staff.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I replied to 2 ads the day they posted. I heard back from 2 different recruiters within minutes of sending my resume. Both recruiters wanted in person interviews at their office, only AFTER contact information was provided for my current employer. Both jobs were either filled or withdrawn, on the next set of contact emails from RHL. This is a poor way to prospect for new business contacts!! Do they really have any real jobs or are they just posting ads to get leads? Avoid at all cost! They also violate labor laws by screening for employers, in ways that violate the law.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Ms. ** (Pasadena Division Director of Office Team, a subsidiary of Robert Half): was not doing her job in vetting her clients, and did allow exchange of services without all parties first agreeing (i.e. Robert Half's client, RH, and prospective candidate). All tasks should have be vetted, cleared by all parties, and agreed upon before a candidate is put in front of a "stranger", a word Mr. Chris ** (Regional VP) openly used in saying, "all our candidates are faced with strangers in first meeting them". He completely diluted my horrible experience into a trivial encounter by phone today, and this is why I say I do not feel safe having my information with Robert Half.

This is also why OT should have vetted Win Pont and their representatives better. Candidates should not be put in a position where they face potentially unethical business conduct because of a lack of background verification and thus, are subjected to an unsafe environment. Ms. ** should have vetted her client, provided a job description and some background information on Win Pont and Co. in writing prior to my interview (ie. Mr. Eric **, Director of Strategy, Mr. Jason **, CEO of Win Pont). If she was not able to, then she should have hired a translator or had someone who was capable of doing the legwork. In a nutshell, not have left it solely to me to feel out what their client Win Pont, wanted or not wanted, a point totally missed by Mr. ** (RVP) today.

Original review: April 5, 2017

Had a skype interview and received a phone call a week later asking if I was interested in a Paralegal position. I was so excited and we discussed the details of the company and I waited. And waited. I left a message and waited. Nothing. Received a phone call from another recruiter a couple of weeks later asking if I was interested in another assignment. Again, I was eager and excited and made plans to return to work full time the following Monday, which I was told was when I was needed for this new assignment.

I called back the next day to inquire as to the status of the opening and was told it was no longer a full time position. What? Do these people not understand they're dealing with individual's lives? They don't have the time to call their clients back and keep them in the loop? Again, I'm crushed and saddened by a company that made promises to me regarding my future. How can a company allow their employees to treat hardworking individuals that trust them with their future so poorly? This company needs to be exposed for who they are.

Original review: March 28, 2017

I had applied with Robert Half at one time. Went through the interview with one person, then was told by another one "You don't have enough experience." Pretty harsh when you have been in the same field over 20 years.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I was sent to interview for a temporary assignment with a company, interview. After speaking with the company, I told them I would write up a contract. The contract was for a WordPress site custom design/development (no content writing). I wrote the contract for 56 hours site design and 24 hours site development. Total 80 hours. Sent this to the company. Company hired me. After 58 hours, the company stated that we had a verbal agreement for a total of 56 hours and I went over 2 hours. Also, I owed them content writing, which I did not write in the contract.

The company called Robert Half and myself in a meeting. Robert Half agreed with the company, even when seeing the contract, because of a verbal initial meeting they said we had. This was not true, because the contract clearly states 80 hours. However, was very disappointed with Robert Half that they allowed this company to cheat me 34 hours, (10 extra hours was for the content writing, which was not in the contract). This was Robert Half out of Houston, Texas off of the Katy freeway. Not a good place to get hired from. They will not stand by you. They will take the side of the company, even with a written contract. Hope this never happens to anyone. Also, I had three different recruiters, a lot of turnovers with recruiters in this office. Think the office is too young, lacks experience and needs older management.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I signed up with Office Team Tampa FL back in May 2016. Since then I was only offered one temp job that only lasted one day. This company lied to Office team about all of us that was selected to be at this one place that day. Since then, I have to keep emailing, calling every week, only to keep hearing the same old B.S. "Sorry we do not have anything" or "Sorry we never heard back." I was an excellent employee for almost 17 years, unfortunately I was let go. I have been trying to change careers and get started somewhere else since, but the recruiters seem like they DO NOT CARE about job seekers even though their lying mission statement says different. What is really sad, I could name at least 7 other lousy staffing agency that are just as insensitive.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I was hired through Robert Half Office Team in Nashua NH for a contract job. One of my coworkers also worked for the company so instead of ever checking in with me or returning my phone calls they spoke with her and relayed messages through her. When I did speak with someone concerning an issue within my office their directive was, "Talk to your boss on site" even though the lack of communication from him was the issue.

When I left the contract after a sudden loss in my family the office did not report that my belongings had come into their possession. When I heard through a rumor where it all ended up I went directly to the office only to find they had come in possession of my items and promptly lost them. I asked them over several weeks to check again in the office and received no response at all for a month. I felt disrespected and not listened to whatsoever. Their response, after a month of radio silence, was short, terse, and completely unapologetic. The least communicative hottest mess of a company I have every had the displeasure of working for.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

The least professional and the most ignorant and non-performing headhunters which I have ever come in contact with. I have met with their agents face to face in a university career fair, I have sent them my CV and cover letter, I have tried to follow up with them via phone & e-mail but to no avail. They treat you as if you don't exist. I have a bachelor of accounting management degree and a few years of accounting work experience. I sent another CV to a different Robert Half location and met with a headhunter. He was quite rude with me and made me think twice whether I would really like to find a job through this company. I cannot imagine how they've managed to stay in the market so far. Don't they understand the importance of protocol, communication, or to the least having the minimum courtesy and respect for candidates? A total disappointment!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Robert Half offices in downtown Orlando and Lake Mary seem generally uninterested in matching job seekers with jobs. They provide no responses to emails, and do not return phone calls. It appears they only work the easy matches, and if you don't fit a quick match (read: quick commission) you are ignored. Other job search sites are often not much better, but do communicate, and some even provide follow up and feedback. Working with Robert Half has been a waste of time.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

The branch manager is absolutely careless about any of the employees, and she is very disrespectful. There was a safety issue at the job that I was assigned to, and when I tried to speak to her about it, she avoided my calls, allowed her very disrespectful receptionist to treat me like crap, and then dismissed me from the company because she couldn't be bothered with the issue that I felt should have been addressed. I don't know how people can hire such horrible people to manage their business, but obviously it is done. If it wasn't, I would've never encountered this woman.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

Sadly, the poor reviews are the ones which should resonate. They continue to make false promises, poor communicators. I have informed them to never represent me. The Austin, TX office is just as bad as the Dallas, TX site. I did have a good experience with the Houston, TX office. RHI representatives are so arrogant, they arrange the interviews, some will fail, intentionally, other, who they have selected and who will demand a higher billable rate will always be given preference. I despise this firm, if I ever have a need to fill a position, this is one firm, I will NEVER use. They should be ashamed of themselves, predatory selecting processes, horrible firm.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

They make money out of thin air! People work hard every day try to gain some work experience and RH takes the advantages. Companies like these should be brought in to government's attention in order to regulate them. They charge higher amount of money from the organization but pay a little portion to the people who work hard. This is totally unfair.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

Although my Resume reflects the proper experience, they will only place me in call centers. If I was Brown Haired and Blue Eyed and dumb as a rock, I would get placed in an accounting firm. This country is going down because of companies as such. No matter what you know. Employment is based on what you look like here at Robert Half/Office Team here in Florida. Shake my head, foreign countries taking over. I see why!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

Illegal business practice. Unprofessional. They charged my employer 35% of my hourly as a premium. They were very unprofessional in finding me a job in the accounting field, despite a stellar resume. They basically make you their commodity if you apply with them. Communication was nonexistant and the employees at the office looked tired and bored of the job. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE! IT'S BAD BUSINESS!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

This agency is so unprofessional. I have called and every time called speak to person upfront and when she transfer call it always go to answering machine. Even though, leave message never receive callback. I can not believe they still have a job because I receive updates where it shows position available. When ask about position by person that answer phone it is never available. I am so frustrated because if I did not need a job I would not call.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

I have tried working with RHI on several occasions and their MO is always the same. I see a job posted on their website, I inquire about job, I am told to come in and fill out paperwork. They always require, upfront, your prior managers' names and contact information and will emphasize how important it is that you bring in those references. Then they always say "the job in question has been filled, but we'll keep in touch." What they are really doing is getting names of managers and their contact numbers (from the references you gave them). This is underhanded and sly and leaves poor job candidates scratching their heads. My advice - don't keep feeding them with your reference names. If they say they need those upfront, they are lying.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

This division of Robert Half in Denver could not be more unprofessional, rude, arrogant, and discouraging to someone who is seeking a position in the legal arena. They do not return phone calls, emails, and the website is extremely difficult to navigate in terms of accessing information and specifics about positions. If someone does deign to call you, their tone is arrogant, condescending and impatient - as if they are doing you the hugest favor in the world by speaking with you. I would not recommend working with them at all; there are far better legal recruiting agencies in Denver which you can easily find and where you will not be treated in this incredibly unprofessional manner. Don't even waste your time.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

I was put in touch with recruiters in the Stamford, CT office several months ago. I met with both of them and they were going to submit my resume for an administrative role I was a good fit for, however they never followed up with me, I had to chase them up. Months later I reached out to both of them again to reconnect regarding my job search and radio silence. No reply back at all from either of them. Then I have a RH recruiter from Chicago reach out to me about a local temp/contract role she thinks would be a good fit, well after trying to reach her and having left three voice mails I gave up. Now this past week I found a temp role posted on the New Haven office's site and applied online and followed up with two voice mails for the recruiter handling this role, again radio silence. How does this company stay in business when they do not even return inquiries from viable candidates? They suck, plain and simple.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

I applied for a position on the Robert Half Legal website. The position was for an Entry Level Legal Secretary. I thought great, I'm enrolled in a Paralegal Studies program and need some experience in a Law office. The title said Entry Level. I read the job description and felt I met the qualifications so I applied. That very day I received a voicemail from a recruiter with Robert Half, Rhett was his name. I called him back and the woman that answered the phone was very short with me on the phone. Then I spoke to Rhett and he basically said that I should not apply to jobs there anymore because I live in Hanover, PA and that's too far of a drive to the Baltimore area. I thought I get to decide how far I will travel to a job? So I will not be dealing with Robert Half or Rhett the ignorant recruiter. I really wanted that job so I could get my foot in the door and really learn something. Rhett is basically a waste of sperm.

Robert Half Company Information