2.7/5 (340 ratings)

About Robert Half

Robert Half Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Robert Half?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2023

We engaged the company to provide recruitment services for Germany. Although we had a global agreement with specific terms for the region set in place they claim to have no idea about it. Additionally, when you constantly follow up by mail there is no reply, not even a "sorry, we've been very busy" or "sorry, we are still discussing internally", anything that shows a slight sign of respect. If you then send a mail saying that you will escalate the response they suddenly reply (it's a miracle!). If you contact one of their consultants by LinkedIn/XING they also ghost you. It's as though they do not need further business because they're too good.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

RUN RUN RUN... HORRIBLE!!!! Company to be associated with. They make promises that they cannot keep, the temps are supposed to get paid every week well that changed as of Dec. 2022. Now it's every 9 plus days, it took 2 weeks for me to get paid for the week of 12-19th. When you call to inquire about your paycheck you are treated as if you're stealing money, they speak to you rudely, unprofessional manner, refuse to answer any questions,, they send you an automated response via email. Never mind trying to get any answers.. There are other Temp agencies out there, do some research..

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

Trash company. Don't expect anything useful from them. Stay away from them unless you think you got too much time to waste. They are very rude and unprofessional, like they never reply to your messages despite being seemingly interested in you.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I hired Robert Half a few years ago to hire an employee. We paid $15K for this service. Just found out that this long term employee is leaving for another position. He did not request this position from Robert Half instead, he was approached by Robert Half. This is quite unethical practice. Thanks Robert Half. Can I have the 15K back now or will you find me a replacement employee?

Original review: July 18, 2022

I used them in Houston to hire an administrator person. They charge more than any other company and give guarantee which as it turns out is bogus… After hiring a seemingly qualified person… It became clear very quickly that this person was not only incompetent, but not very bright and insubordinate. The person was not qualified the way that they had promised, was hopeless at administration, kept getting things confused, made lots of mistakes and couldn’t take correction. Basically a mess. When I went back to get them Replaced consistent with the guarantee that they had made, They refused to honor the guarantee and charged me for all the time that this Incompetent candidate had spent with me. In other words I paid over $10,000 to them for an incompetent person and they didn’t make it right. I wouldn’t use them again if my life depended on it.

Original review: July 7, 2022

Do not expect any kind of professional curtesy, service or follow up. Managerial staff members are very unprofessional as they do not return messages or follow through on completing intakes for registering you, etc. I have tried to reach them for months by phone and email and cannot get anywhere. By the tone of the other reviews, I guess I am better off not working with them. THEY DO NOT CARE! Very Disappointed!

Original review: May 31, 2022

At first everything went well. I was prepped and got help practicing for an interview which I truly appreciated. I interviewed with an German exports company and got the job. Everything went downhill from there. The job was the worst I have ever worked at in my life, gossiping, favoritism, bullying and racist. When I reached out to Robert Half saying I wanted to quit, they did nothing to actually help me. There was no weekly check-ins with me either like they said they would do.

When I contacted them to see if I could change my schedule to have a doctor appointment once a week they never replied to my 2 emails. I was wrongfully terminated from that contract assignment because of how toxic that job was, and I wouldn't kiss their butts. I still have things there and my recruiter was clearly pissed that he has to go get it, because they wouldn't let me in the building anymore, like I'm some kinds of criminal. They have no regard for you at all once you receive an assignment. And I honestly no longer trust them to find me a safe work place. Once they give me my stuff back, I'm using a different agency. Good luck everyone.

Original review: May 5, 2022

My first position was great, so I kept coming back thinking they were a decent company. I was very wrong. My time with RH was marred by rude receptionist, missed staffing appointments, and missed callbacks. I was constantly told incorrect wage amounts, job duties, wrong working hours per week and wrong working schedule.

The RH headquarters managers gave me the wrong start date by a month, told me the day I was supposed to start that the new start date was a month later after I put my 2 weeks in at my old position, and told me they would find a new temp position so I could pay my rent in the meantime. They never followed up knowing that unemployment wasn't an option for me. I found another opportunity through the company website, which they blocked "due to company policy". When I finally got an answer, they denied saying they would help me, despite an email paper trail, leaving me out of work for over a month. I would avoid this agency at all costs

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Prepared to forfeit about 40% of your pay to vampires? Robert Half took almost HALF of a contracted hourly pay rate. RH paid me 17 per/hr for a 30 per/hr job & collected 13 per every hr I worked. RUN!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

My personal experience with RH International/Robert Half has been nothing more than a moral catastrophe, for lack of more realistic terms, on their part. I possessed at the time over 15 years of experience in medical diagnostics and medical equipment sales, when one of their local managers in their Miami/Blue Lagoon office stated: "...I know of a great used car sales opportunity for you with such experience." Such an irresponsible statement from one of their managers sent a shock through my system, and at that moment, shattered not only my perceived faith but my trust in a national company. It is a disgusting and reprehensible experience of their managers, and it is also a display of their contempt and disdain for anyone with more education than their immediate employees, and, especially their managers.

Robert Half Company Information