Robert Half

Compare Job Sites

Research top Job Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My problem with this company is that they will call you three times in a row and not leave a message. When you call back there is no way to get a hold of the person that is calling or find out who it was. Very unprofessional, stay away.

I left a my position through Robert Half with Prime Therapeutics due to a death in my family. I took some time away and moved out of state to help my family recuperate after such a loss for my family. When I returned I called Robert Half and applied on Robert Half's website to seek employment. I've called the location in Irving on Decker Ct speaking to Diane, Brittney, and Amber and the location in Fort Worth on Summit Ave speaking to Yvonne, Matthew, and Priscilla. I left several voicemails and the recruiters (Brittney, Amber, Matthew and Priscilla) never returned my voicemail. When I say "never" I'm not over exaggerating. None of the 4 recruiters I just mentioned ever returned my voicemail. I had to call them several times in a day to get ahold of them after already leaving several voicemails.

I expressed to Amber and Brittney that I was becoming frustrated with the lack of communication and was feeling that maybe calling corporate would be the best route. After talking to Brittney I decided not to call corporate at that time. Robert Half still did not have a position to offer me. I called the Fort Worth office where I spoke to Matthew. He seemed sympathetic to my situation considering that I was not getting effective communication from the Irving office. I was glad I did not call corporate at that time. I spoke to Matt on a Thursday, he told me to give him a call directly on Monday. I called Matthew on Monday and Tuesday leaving voicemails both times and never received a callback.

Today on July 3rd after reaching out to Robert Half for a month has decided to call corporate. Unless you're willing to drive to each branch every time you have an inquiry or wish to have your resume submitted to a client I suggest you do not seek Robert Half for employment. The customer service I have received from this company makes me want to never work for a temp agency again. This temp agency made me feel very unimportant and just horrible to be honest. It's a horrible feeling trying to find work to take care of your kids and recruiters don't even have the decency to return your calls.

I was asked to come in for an interview for a potential employment opportunity with Robert Half by their manager. I did the interview and the manager seemed impressed with my working experience and interview skills but when I was asked if I had a Bachelor's degree I told them no but that I was currently in college for my Associate in Business I was automatically shut down!

First and foremost, this was something their hiring management team should have been aware of long before being called to an interview. I know they saw my resume online. The way I see it, you don't call someone for a job interview, don't even bother to research the resume and come to the conclusion that they don't fill the void because it doesn't meet their requirements even though it was plainly stated on the resume. It is a waste of both employer and applicant's time and money! If someone from Robert Half calls you for a job interview ask them what qualifications they need for the position and it requires a degree of some sort. Otherwise, you are simply wasting your time.

There have been a few VP and Director jobs listed that I have applied for and the recruiter's email has been attached to the job posting. I have asked (one recruiter 15 times) to at least acknowledge my email and that my resume was received. Yet no response at all. They don't seem to understand that if hired from their help, or at least a response, once hired I would be loyal to them. Now that I have a job, through another agency, if a Robert Half person comes knocking on my door, I will ignore them just as they did me. They are unprofessional.

I was contacted by Jose ** for a job opportunity. I returned his phone call and I even responded to his email. This place is not worth your time, they are unprofessional and very rude from the front desk to the recruiters. It was obvious he told the receptionist to screen his calls. I did not hear back from Mr. ** and he did not even have the decency to let me know if the job had been filled or not. This is common courtesy because for us job seekers it's important that they let us know so we are not waiting around. I understand that recruiters are busy all the time but do not contact potential candidates if you have no intention of returning their calls just because you found somebody else to fill it!!! A simple email would have suffice. I felt like an idiot calling this man when he had no intention of ever returning my calls. Please do yourself a favor and go with another staffing agency.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Robert Half?

I've attempted to remove myself from the Robert Half email spam list they have me on for a month or two. They stupidly added me to a list advertising candidates for a city about 1500 miles from the one I'm based out of, so not only am I not interested in the candidates they supposedly want to send me, now they've annoyed me to the point that I've decided to block their entire network from sending email to anyone in my company. The most recent spam was just this afternoon, from address 204.75.127.192 which is part of their public 204.75.64.0/18 registered to them, so I know it was not a forgery. So, that will be the last one they send that anyone at my company receives. If you're a job seeker, I'd look for someone who markets you to relationships they've actually cultivated instead of harvesting email addresses they think might be someone hiring new staff.

I replied to 2 ads the day they posted. I heard back from 2 different recruiters within minutes of sending my resume. Both recruiters wanted in person interviews at their office, only AFTER contact information was provided for my current employer. Both jobs were either filled or withdrawn, on the next set of contact emails from RHL. This is a poor way to prospect for new business contacts!! Do they really have any real jobs or are they just posting ads to get leads? Avoid at all cost! They also violate labor laws by screening for employers, in ways that violate the law.

Ms. ** (Pasadena Division Director of Office Team, a subsidiary of Robert Half): was not doing her job in vetting her clients, and did allow exchange of services without all parties first agreeing (i.e. Robert Half's client, RH, and prospective candidate). All tasks should have be vetted, cleared by all parties, and agreed upon before a candidate is put in front of a "stranger", a word Mr. Chris ** (Regional VP) openly used in saying, "all our candidates are faced with strangers in first meeting them". He completely diluted my horrible experience into a trivial encounter by phone today, and this is why I say I do not feel safe having my information with Robert Half.

This is also why OT should have vetted Win Pont and their representatives better. Candidates should not be put in a position where they face potentially unethical business conduct because of a lack of background verification and thus, are subjected to an unsafe environment. Ms. ** should have vetted her client, provided a job description and some background information on Win Pont and Co. in writing prior to my interview (ie. Mr. Eric **, Director of Strategy, Mr. Jason **, CEO of Win Pont). If she was not able to, then she should have hired a translator or had someone who was capable of doing the legwork. In a nutshell, not have left it solely to me to feel out what their client Win Pont, wanted or not wanted, a point totally missed by Mr. ** (RVP) today.

Had a skype interview and received a phone call a week later asking if I was interested in a Paralegal position. I was so excited and we discussed the details of the company and I waited. And waited. I left a message and waited. Nothing. Received a phone call from another recruiter a couple of weeks later asking if I was interested in another assignment. Again, I was eager and excited and made plans to return to work full time the following Monday, which I was told was when I was needed for this new assignment.

I called back the next day to inquire as to the status of the opening and was told it was no longer a full time position. What? Do these people not understand they're dealing with individual's lives? They don't have the time to call their clients back and keep them in the loop? Again, I'm crushed and saddened by a company that made promises to me regarding my future. How can a company allow their employees to treat hardworking individuals that trust them with their future so poorly? This company needs to be exposed for who they are.

I had applied with Robert Half at one time. Went through the interview with one person, then was told by another one "You don't have enough experience." Pretty harsh when you have been in the same field over 20 years.

I was sent to interview for a temporary assignment with a company, interview. After speaking with the company, I told them I would write up a contract. The contract was for a WordPress site custom design/development (no content writing). I wrote the contract for 56 hours site design and 24 hours site development. Total 80 hours. Sent this to the company. Company hired me. After 58 hours, the company stated that we had a verbal agreement for a total of 56 hours and I went over 2 hours. Also, I owed them content writing, which I did not write in the contract.

The company called Robert Half and myself in a meeting. Robert Half agreed with the company, even when seeing the contract, because of a verbal initial meeting they said we had. This was not true, because the contract clearly states 80 hours. However, was very disappointed with Robert Half that they allowed this company to cheat me 34 hours, (10 extra hours was for the content writing, which was not in the contract). This was Robert Half out of Houston, Texas off of the Katy freeway. Not a good place to get hired from. They will not stand by you. They will take the side of the company, even with a written contract. Hope this never happens to anyone. Also, I had three different recruiters, a lot of turnovers with recruiters in this office. Think the office is too young, lacks experience and needs older management.

I was hired through Robert Half Office Team in Nashua NH for a contract job. One of my coworkers also worked for the company so instead of ever checking in with me or returning my phone calls they spoke with her and relayed messages through her. When I did speak with someone concerning an issue within my office their directive was, "Talk to your boss on site" even though the lack of communication from him was the issue.

When I left the contract after a sudden loss in my family the office did not report that my belongings had come into their possession. When I heard through a rumor where it all ended up I went directly to the office only to find they had come in possession of my items and promptly lost them. I asked them over several weeks to check again in the office and received no response at all for a month. I felt disrespected and not listened to whatsoever. Their response, after a month of radio silence, was short, terse, and completely unapologetic. The least communicative hottest mess of a company I have every had the displeasure of working for.

The least professional and the most ignorant and non-performing headhunters which I have ever come in contact with. I have met with their agents face to face in a university career fair, I have sent them my CV and cover letter, I have tried to follow up with them via phone & e-mail but to no avail. They treat you as if you don't exist. I have a bachelor of accounting management degree and a few years of accounting work experience. I sent another CV to a different Robert Half location and met with a headhunter. He was quite rude with me and made me think twice whether I would really like to find a job through this company. I cannot imagine how they've managed to stay in the market so far. Don't they understand the importance of protocol, communication, or to the least having the minimum courtesy and respect for candidates? A total disappointment!!

Robert Half offices in downtown Orlando and Lake Mary seem generally uninterested in matching job seekers with jobs. They provide no responses to emails, and do not return phone calls. It appears they only work the easy matches, and if you don't fit a quick match (read: quick commission) you are ignored. Other job search sites are often not much better, but do communicate, and some even provide follow up and feedback. Working with Robert Half has been a waste of time.

The branch manager is absolutely careless about any of the employees, and she is very disrespectful. There was a safety issue at the job that I was assigned to, and when I tried to speak to her about it, she avoided my calls, allowed her very disrespectful receptionist to treat me like crap, and then dismissed me from the company because she couldn't be bothered with the issue that I felt should have been addressed. I don't know how people can hire such horrible people to manage their business, but obviously it is done. If it wasn't, I would've never encountered this woman.

Sadly, the poor reviews are the ones which should resonate. They continue to make false promises, poor communicators. I have informed them to never represent me. The Austin, TX office is just as bad as the Dallas, TX site. I did have a good experience with the Houston, TX office. RHI representatives are so arrogant, they arrange the interviews, some will fail, intentionally, other, who they have selected and who will demand a higher billable rate will always be given preference. I despise this firm, if I ever have a need to fill a position, this is one firm, I will NEVER use. They should be ashamed of themselves, predatory selecting processes, horrible firm.

They make money out of thin air! People work hard every day try to gain some work experience and RH takes the advantages. Companies like these should be brought in to government's attention in order to regulate them. They charge higher amount of money from the organization but pay a little portion to the people who work hard. This is totally unfair.

Although my Resume reflects the proper experience, they will only place me in call centers. If I was Brown Haired and Blue Eyed and dumb as a rock, I would get placed in an accounting firm. This country is going down because of companies as such. No matter what you know. Employment is based on what you look like here at Robert Half/Office Team here in Florida. Shake my head, foreign countries taking over. I see why!!

Illegal business practice. Unprofessional. They charged my employer 35% of my hourly as a premium. They were very unprofessional in finding me a job in the accounting field, despite a stellar resume. They basically make you their commodity if you apply with them. Communication was nonexistant and the employees at the office looked tired and bored of the job. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE! IT'S BAD BUSINESS!

This agency is so unprofessional. I have called and every time called speak to person upfront and when she transfer call it always go to answering machine. Even though, leave message never receive callback. I can not believe they still have a job because I receive updates where it shows position available. When ask about position by person that answer phone it is never available. I am so frustrated because if I did not need a job I would not call.

I have tried working with RHI on several occasions and their MO is always the same. I see a job posted on their website, I inquire about job, I am told to come in and fill out paperwork. They always require, upfront, your prior managers' names and contact information and will emphasize how important it is that you bring in those references. Then they always say "the job in question has been filled, but we'll keep in touch." What they are really doing is getting names of managers and their contact numbers (from the references you gave them). This is underhanded and sly and leaves poor job candidates scratching their heads. My advice - don't keep feeding them with your reference names. If they say they need those upfront, they are lying.

This division of Robert Half in Denver could not be more unprofessional, rude, arrogant, and discouraging to someone who is seeking a position in the legal arena. They do not return phone calls, emails, and the website is extremely difficult to navigate in terms of accessing information and specifics about positions. If someone does deign to call you, their tone is arrogant, condescending and impatient - as if they are doing you the hugest favor in the world by speaking with you. I would not recommend working with them at all; there are far better legal recruiting agencies in Denver which you can easily find and where you will not be treated in this incredibly unprofessional manner. Don't even waste your time.

I was put in touch with recruiters in the Stamford, CT office several months ago. I met with both of them and they were going to submit my resume for an administrative role I was a good fit for, however they never followed up with me, I had to chase them up. Months later I reached out to both of them again to reconnect regarding my job search and radio silence. No reply back at all from either of them. Then I have a RH recruiter from Chicago reach out to me about a local temp/contract role she thinks would be a good fit, well after trying to reach her and having left three voice mails I gave up. Now this past week I found a temp role posted on the New Haven office's site and applied online and followed up with two voice mails for the recruiter handling this role, again radio silence. How does this company stay in business when they do not even return inquiries from viable candidates? They suck, plain and simple.

I applied for a position on the Robert Half Legal website. The position was for an Entry Level Legal Secretary. I thought great, I'm enrolled in a Paralegal Studies program and need some experience in a Law office. The title said Entry Level. I read the job description and felt I met the qualifications so I applied. That very day I received a voicemail from a recruiter with Robert Half, Rhett was his name. I called him back and the woman that answered the phone was very short with me on the phone. Then I spoke to Rhett and he basically said that I should not apply to jobs there anymore because I live in Hanover, PA and that's too far of a drive to the Baltimore area. I thought I get to decide how far I will travel to a job? So I will not be dealing with Robert Half or Rhett the ignorant recruiter. I really wanted that job so I could get my foot in the door and really learn something. Rhett is basically a waste of sperm.

This agency is all talk and no action. They have jobs on their Website that are not available. They seem to leave them there to attract candidates, who get switched to other clients once they take the bait. I inquired about some tech jobs for which I am well qualified. The recruiter promised to check on those, then sent me to interview on a public sector job that was not posted and about which I was barely interested - unless they had a strong interest in my talent. The public employee who interviewed me was the most rude interviewer I've ever met. Read questions from a page without looking at me, then interrogated me like a detective sweating down a robbery suspect when I did not recite pages from technical documentation to prove my technical acumen.

I got the sense I was interviewed only because public employers have to interview a minimum number of candidates before they hire the person they already selected for the job. After that, the recruiter could not provide any feedback about the public agency's claims about why they wanted to interview me but did not like my talent or skills. Nor did the recruiter respond to my subsequent inquiries about another job. This agency is not so much a head hunter, but a paper hunter, selecting candidates who have the best paper credentials with no interest in finding out first person what skills and talents a candidate brings to the table. They waste candidates time bait-and-switching from non-existent jobs to jobs that don't really want private sector talent. Big waste of time and energy.

After reading reviews on Robert Half, and experiencing about a week or two of them, I can understand these reviews. I was initially given a connection and interview from a Robert Half Inc recruiter in Chicago, IL. They first contacted me via phone, and I told them they were using the wrong email, and gave the correct one. They never updated this and continued to email the wrong email. So, having continued to check that email semi-regularly, communication through the Chicago individual led to a phone interview for a possible temp to hire that would not begin until the end of August.

The phone interview was scheduled for 2 PM. At 1:50, a second individual contacted me. They were not from Chicago and apparently not directly with Robert Half (which was not clear at first). They spoke very quickly, and said there is another temporary assignment available immediately and they *know* I have a phone interview BUT would I be possibly interested in this six-week assignment? Do I have any appointments coming up in the next six weeks? Bombarding me with questions right before, and until 1:59 PM.

Don't cave in to the pressure when they do this to you. And they all employ some form of Valley Girl accent. After having agreed under duress that I would be interested, the Valley Girl said "Oops!" at 1:59 PM. My phone interview was scheduled at 2:00 PM. I received confirmation email for the *sudden* temp assignment 9:00 PM, expected to begin the next morning.

You can see where this is going. Even if I had been adequately dressed, the job manager informed me that they had not processed me into the system and that I could return for a full day of work the next day. The agency was nasty towards me and said something different. So, no. I will not be working for them, and they did not enroll me in payroll immediately either, and I was suspicious as to when or if I would be paid as there was no clear answer. Also – 40 mile drives for barely above minimum wage is not fair compensation for doing high volume call and data entry work which I can be paid more for locally.

I have been in contact with the Columbus, OH office for about a week. The sent me an email about a job, and I responded which lead to a FaceTime interview. The job that I was originally emailed about changed from a legal assistant to a receptionist, so I informed them that I was no longer interested in that job, but I would like to be considered for other opportunities. Fast forward a week - I was called at 9 am on a Friday morning and offered a job for the following Monday as a legal assistant.

I was employed at the time, which the case worker at Robert Half knew about, so I needed to quit. I immediately went and quit after being offered the position. Two and a half hours later, I was called again and informed that the position had changed and they had decided to go with a different candidate. Seriously?!? Two and a half hours for an entire job to change and a new candidate to be chosen. What a joke. If I wanted fake and insincere job offers, I could hire a kid to prank call me twice a week. No thanks!!!

The worst recruitment service I have ever encountered. From both the standpoint of employer, and candidate. My first encounters with RHT runs back to 2003 as a candidate. RHT in Dallas, TX has a number of open positions that I could be suited for and my resume matched. No response, callback, or contact back from RHT ever. Fast forward 2 years to 2005. My second encounter with RHT. I contacted them as a candidate again for a potential position in Houston, TX. I was lucky enough this time to connect with someone that was in good form and decided to do some recruiting that day.

I had a number of calls with recruiters and account managers who assured me they had a number of current open positions that my resume would match perfectly. I attend a RHT interview with the recruiter and two other senior members of staff. It is requested of me to take a lengthy aptitude test and additional screening, prior to being considered, or submitted for any positions. I spend the time and effort as requested and wait to hear from the recruiter in regards to potential positions. You guessed it, no more communication from RHT at all from that point till many years later.

Fast forward a year, 2006, working in the Greater NY area, as a C-Level executive I receive a number of emails from RHT as a potential customer in my corporate email/inbox. I did not have a current requirement at that time but I knew of at least one senior level role I would need to have filled in the coming months. I reach out to the recruiter in the email and to my surprise no response. Many voicemails and emails later still no response. So I close the door on the possibility of using RHT to find a good candidate. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but the bad taste in my mouth as a potential candidate myself, just came back with a vengeance.

If they treat their candidates like that how are they going to treat their customers? Are the candidates also not their customers? I do not think the lazy recruiters that RHT seems to employ see candidates as a bucket of potential food for customers to consume with no respect whatsoever for their time or efforts. A few years later, 2016, I again start to get telephone calls and emails from RHT. Someone must have lit a fire under one of the recruiters to drum up some business.

Many calls, voicemails, and emails ignored later I seemed it only fitting as a candidate, that seems to have been the approach taken with myself over the years, I decided to answer one of the emails. Once the situation and my experiences with RHT are communicated there were lots of promises that RHT of today is a different company, proud and willing to go to bat for clients, and candidates. I agree to a face to face meeting to possibly entertain using RHT to source future needs at the company.

Now, let's FF to the present day. RHT advertises a position that I would consider myself a pretty good match for. My resume reads almost identical to the job description. So, I feel brave, put the past behind me once more, and apply for the position online. I follow up with an email to the recruiter with no response. I call the recruiter and try to get some more information on the position advertised. You guessed it, not available, and only a voicemail at that end. I leave a voicemail, no call back. I speak to the receptionist to try to get to someone else who could possibly answer my questions. I leave a voicemail with that person, and again no callback.

I decide to take this to a senior manager/account manager at the branch in question and he apologizes for the lack of response. He then assures me that the recruiter responsible will call me back that same day. No email, no telephone calls, and no response of any kind. I must share this as I have heard many other similar stories with RHT, and they all come back, to not so much incompetence but more so just plain lazy.

As a C-level exec, I am sure I will share this at other conferences and events with other senior technology executives to see if RHT is really a company that we all should be doing business with. Please continue to post your review and comment either good or bad so everyone can decide for themselves. Heading to the bathroom for a mouthful of Listerine rinse to get this bad taste gone and out. Apologies... Typing this on iPhone.

I have been on an ongoing assignment since January 19th 2016, I keep receiving a change in my case recruiters without my knowledge, in depth, I never received valid information on the resignation and removal of my (then) recruiter. I've recently reached out to a member of Robert Half's office for temp affairs to completely understand the point of why my recruiter was removed as well as who had taken their place. The woman I spoke to about the issue was not only rude to me, but refused to answer my questions or retrieve the information necessary and have me hold, but also in the midst of speaking to her she hung up and never reconnected when I attempted to speak to her in the following minutes afterward.

In terms of the position itself, I haven't received word from the company or my recruiters to give a cohesive update on my time there at the job. Please remind yourself that I've been at this position for 6 months and counting and I was only supposed to be there for two weeks. WARNING: If you're looking for a temp to perm position this company is not the option you're looking for. Their only concern is making a profit off of your back and not appraising and complimenting your hard work and talents.

I received a cold call from RHI and a very persuasive and friendly young lady chatted with me for about 30 mins and I was ultimately invited to a meeting the next day in their corporate office downtown. Although I was initially skeptical, my meeting went very well! I met 4 individuals who all fawned over my resume and more or less told me I am very marketable and they would do everything in their power to set me up with something substantial and soon. They even said I was perfect for an open role they were working with a client on and was promised an email with additional information... and that's the last I ever heard from RHI. I've sent several emails and left several VMs to no avail. What a joke.

Robert Half Company Profile