2. Job Search Sites

3.6/5 (118 ratings)

About Robert Half

Robert Half Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Robert Half?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Robert Half?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I worked with Julietta ** the past two months on several interviews and offers and I highly recommend her services - She has the ability to identify your strengths and potential, but most important she takes the time to walk you through the interview process step by step, and after each meeting she helped me consider all options available. She is committed to help you find a job under current circumstances and see you succeed in your profession.

Original review: April 27, 2021

A recruiter from this branch of Robert Half (RH) reached out to me about a couple of different opportunities. I was not actively looking for employment at that time. Two of the roles I discussed with RH resulted in interviews being scheduled, but ending in 2 very different ways. The first company I was scheduled to interview with cancelled the interview without any reason (per RH employees) and RH had no idea WHY the interview had been cancelled. Their only comment was .."I don't know why they cancelled, but the CFO must be very busy with a lot on his plate". I had no further follow up from them about this position.

The second company I interviewed with ultimately offered me the job and I relocated back to California specifically for that position. After securing a home in a VERY tough market (competing with multiple others for the same home), I emailed the company who made the offer to me to let them know I was on track for my start date. I did not get a response. I contacted RH to find out if they knew anything and they did not. Despite knowing the offer had been made AND accepted, they had not yet followed up with the company. Yet another week later, RH contacted me to say they were baffled as to what had happened and asked if I'd been in touch with the company about the position since the offer had been made and accepted. I said NO, other than to let the company know I was on track with my move. At this point during the conversation, RH then admitted that they HAD been in touch with the company the day before, who told them the role had been put on "hold" until July.

They do NOT care – they only cared about whether or not I had spoken to the company directly because they were worried I had somehow gone “around” them and they wouldn’t get their commission. I believe this is why they told me they were “baffled”, but once they received confirmation from myself that I had NOT gone around them, they all of a sudden HAD been in touch with the company and KNEW that the offer had been withdrawn… and were finally coming clean.

I asked if RH had ASKED the company what happened - given that an offer had been made & accepted AND I had moved heaven and earth to get down to California from Canada in order to be ready for my April start date. They would not answer any of my questions – not even remotely ADDRESS them. Not only do I STILL not know what happened with that job, but RH is no longer communicating with me at all. I have tried to also reach out to the company who made me the offer, but they have not responded. I believe that RH gave THEM the same “rules” to follow that they gave to ME. One of their multiple rules was that if I heard directly from the company, I was NOT to respond in ANY way, but to forward that communication directly to RH.

When I finally got tired of the “game” that was seemingly being played at my terribly GREAT expense, I had the gumption to tell them I didn’t trust them anymore – and that is when communication from RH stopped entirely. How DARE I voice questions about my livelihood and my future!! How DARE I be confused and angry that I moved 1,500 miles for a job that just disappeared without a single reason! How DARE I continue to follow up with them!! How DARE I!! After I moved my entire life and household (with an elderly parent that lives with me) across the country – I feel that I’m owed an answer. But RH has disappeared with the wind.

In all of my years, I have never experienced such unprofessionalism and a complete lack of empathy, not to mention the lack of a genuine desire to help FIND OUT what on Earth happened. They seem to forget that THEY called ME! I absolutely will not work with this company again. Based on the "Owner Responses" (and non-responses) to the other reviews, I doubt I will receive a professional courtesy of any kind as it relates to this review.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I received a call from a Robert Half rep on a late Friday who works with their legal clients. She stated she would call me back on a Saturday, which in all my years I’ve never heard of any company calling on a Saturday. Once speaking with the female rep we went over my resume instead of telling me she would be briefing me on my interview skills. She came across as harsh and rude. Then she began to talk down like she was giving me the homegirl speech. I do know she was a recruiter in Atlanta covering the Charlotte North Carolina area.

I have over 11 years of legal assistant background and 25 plus years of administration. Her overview was to take a customer service job. Why would I work in a call center when my resume history shows something else. I knew I couldn’t work with her and I knew what my situation was at the time so I didn’t take any more of her phone calls. She wasn’t professional enough for me and her delivery as a Robert Half rep was terrible. A month past and I spoke with a different recruiter and her demeanor was far more professional. I would still work with Robert Half, but I don’t want to work with the first recruiter.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I have 30 plus years of call center experience including medical customer support. Many years working remotely. I retired a couple of years ago and a friend told me RH was looking for remote customer service to help with Covid. I contacted RH and discussed the position with them. I was asked if I could start right away (I had to provide my own equipment) They had me fill in all the forms including I9 and weeks later...nothing. Get the same answer... "will let you know today " or "let me research what is happening." Never hear back. I have to ask. I think they don't want to hire over 60 as others have stated. They wasted so much of my time...would have been better if they were just upfront that I was not hired.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

So good. Laid off to the covered and was looking for a help desk job remote work from home real simple. Applied for about 80 or 90 positions on Robert Half and never got a call, never got a response, never got anything so I left a little feedback. This Nikki person said, "Oh we'll have someone contact you from this office." No one ever did. Oh the excuses after excuses you know so don't bother if you're over 60 with Robert half.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Don't bother getting a job here. They will just lie about the expectations, training, biggest is the pay rate. Then they will disappear leaving you with out a job. That say that they will help and or call to see how things are going but then you can't get a hold of them. And they will mess up your I-9 and blame you.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I lost my job, due to the pandemic. I was pretty bummed about that. I was contacted by Matt out of the blue. He offered me a six month contract several weeks before it was supposed to start. He stayed in touched once a week and had relevant documents sent up until the Friday before the start of the assignment. Then he went radio silent. He ignored my voicemail message and email. I sent a second email, and he finally responded. At that point, he lied and said he had been trying to contact me for a week. Bottom line: recruiters these days suck and will waste your time; use your contacts to get jobs.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I had an online interview with one of its representatives. Everything went smoothly during the meeting, and she said I could expect a lot of calls in the upcoming weeks. But after I completed all the required assessment as requested, I got none of calls, and she didn't reply to my email either, just vanished. It was completely waste of time, not worthy at all.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I'm Molly in Marietta, and you can reach me at The Business Scribe. Just do some Google searching. Contact me and let's go see an attorney to take on Robert Half. This company simply can't be what it says it is. I've been extremely capable and qualified for hundreds of positions posted but I never hear from anyone, and when I ask about a position, no one follows up on my emails. Something's up. Something's wrong. Someone needs to put RH out of the fraud business.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Very courteous and professional and organized.. Enjoyed working for them. Would work for them again. Very helpful in locating available work opportunities, competitive wages and they have potential opportunity to grow with the company.

Original review: June 13, 2020

A proven leader with cutting edge user friendly formats. I particularly enjoyed the no nonsense headers and categories catalog format for easy finds. I can quickly determine my interests and employer based requirements for a quick easy fit.

Robert Half Company Information