1.17/5
Based on 99 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

101 Robert Half Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

After seeing a RH posting for a job in my area, I interviewed via Skype with a personable recruiter and emailed my resume. Their office did not run into a lot of C-level administrative opportunities in my area, but that was fine - agencies are just one leg of job hunts I conduct on my own, regardless. Yet, except for submitting me to a company I was told was not interested in me (the posting for which I originally contacted RH) -- I was never submitted by RH to any other company. I got 2 calls in the next couple of weeks from other staff for positions not a fit for me or my resume (They did email a link to some free online training refreshers for MS Office, etc).

Fast forward 4 months later. I saw a job RH posted that was in my area and looked like an great match. I immediately emailed a short but detailed message to my recruiter. No reply after 4 days. No reply to my follow up phone call and voice mail. I called a 2nd time, and reached a different recruiter, who said my old recruiter was in the same office but had moved to the accounting side of the biz. No excuse offered as to why the old recruiter could not have still replied to me, regardless - or at least pass me on to someone who might help. Very poor, unprofessional communication. The new guy further said that the opportunity I was interested in, didn't exist anymore; his explanation was deliberately very vague and clearly, discussing it was verboten.

I expressed my concern for the lack of communication to my messages; the new guy "promised" he'd have another RH office reach out asap, as they might have opportunities near my area. He assured me that someone would be in touch that week. Three weeks later - nothing. Now I no longer care. Nobody I dealt with at RH was rude or unfriendly. But there is no excuse for a lack of courteous, professional communication. I'm not a newbie to such agencies and have worked through a few decent ones, with no problems. Others were a waste of my time, and RH turned out to be one of those. I'm also glad I read these other reviews, as it appears I've dodged a bullet in not working through them. I do not recommend Robert Half.

Original review: March 15, 2019

This Chick is rude as hell. I got emails to prove it. She lies and she confuses potential candidates. Craziest experience ever. She is making Robert Half look real bad as a Company. Heather **. Recruiter - Robert Half Healthcare Practice. Los Angeles, CA | roberthalf.com/healthcare-staffing. T: **.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 6, 2019

They've become a joke. I worked successfully with them from 2016 until 2018, when everything changed. They were no longer returning calls or emails. I wasted my time setting up a profile and resume on their RHI website, to receive no followup afterward. Called the local office about it and one of the staff told me 'nothing was going on' in spite me pointing out several current openings I had qualified for. Evidently the lazy recruiters didn't bother removing those ads, or lied about the dates. Later, another recruiter emailed me about a full-time position and I answered that I was interested, and then nothing. That's the game they play. Wasting your time sending you daily or weekly mass emails about phony Hot Jobs they claim they need filling and then ignoring your calls and emails. I finally had to Spam them so I no longer receive their junk.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have worked with many agencies in 25 years of business. As a matter of fact 90 percent of my workforce is from temp to perm from agencies. Decided to give this firm a try. Extremely unprofessional, sent unqualified candidates and very rude with emails and transpiring from start to finish. They forget I am the client. Reported to management and same experience. I was hoping they would know better. AVOID this firm at all costs... If you look at reviews they are very bad. I am not alone!!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I started working with Robert Half in late 2018, with a signed contract. I was in the office and met the staffing manager and all seemed promising. Of course, they cannot guarantee you will get hired but they do promise to work on your behalf to find employment. By March 2019, I had not once received a call or email from them. I actively searched their website and emailed my resume as required to the various contact names listed in the job posting. No responses. No one in this office picks up their phone if you call - all calls are screened. I would never recommend them for job seekers, it's a waste of time. My emails go unanswered and the one time I called and finally got through to someone, she REFUSED to put my name in the candidate field for a job that matched exactly what I had done previously. Job seekers beware! Find another agency and don't bother with this one. All talk and no action.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Robert Half?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

They push you to accept temporary contracts with promises of at least 3-6 months, and then it ends abruptly within a month. Completely unprofessional, Communication is non-existent when your contract is over. Never Again!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Temp to perm role would have actually been better to actually get hired by the assignment company SPS gives their clients a really expensive fee to hire them full time. This obviously is unknown to the employee who works the position and they are lied to saying that they expect to be hired within 6 months. And after 1.5 years luckily found full time employment elsewhere. Positive aspect is that they provide you with the connection to the position and company. Great experience to add new skills and industries to your resume. Allows you to get hired elsewhere even though your intent is to get hired by the company you temp for. (Why is it even considered temp when companies take full advantage by not needing a reason to fire them as you will be consistently at risk).

The benefits are a joke better off taking the hire rate as the Benny’s add sickly expensive really reducing your net pay. They lie to you and make it near impossible for the client to afford to hire you before 2 years. At least with contract to hire you have a better chance as the company will know your end date and the hiring fee is reduced and written in the contract. They really kept me from getting an offer for full time employment due to their astronomical prices to hire you full time, but if you find the right niche industry/company to work for it’s worth the 1.5 year “apprenticeship” to have the client train you to use these skills elsewhere.

Robert Half literally ignored me once I put my notice of resignation in and was so unprofessional on phone trying to solicit information about the job I accepted, company I’ll be working for and salary. Absolutely absurd. They never once reached out to me for my 1 year anniversary and there was not an annual review. I had to reach out to them 13 months in to have them give me a lousy $1/hr raise which the 5% I was told is never given (because they wouldn’t have giving me anything if I haven’t spoken up. I found this to be total greed and lack of care for the SPS employee. They dangle the carrot in front of your face telling you everything to be patient as the client really wants to hire you.

In my opinion after 1 year and no offer means your taken advantage of these temp workers giving RH no reason to treat you like a meaningful part of any team. Your just $ a number to them to make sure to keep you temp so the payments keep coming in. I still cannot believe they didn’t even offer an exit interview and they completely ignored my resignation email. Wow

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I approached Robert Half both in New York City and Chicago. I am a legal records specialist with 14 years of solid corporate law and private firm experience in a wide assortment of fields. In short, their reps could not seem to understand what strengths were on offer, nor what their clients required. Over a 3 year period of associating with Robert Half, they were only able to land me 3 weeks of temporary work. 3 weeks.

Aside from this, they enticed me with a number of fictitious positions, so obviously invented as to be laughable. -- But since I'm not one to burn bridges, I approached them one last time in their Chicago office. Lots of paperwork, tests on Word/Excel using an interface so old you couldn't even recognize the icons, all the while speaking to people who had not a single clue what corporate legal teams do (and this was Robert Half LEGAL, mind you), all the while listening to their phony talk about what great things they had in mind for me.

At the close of the interview they informed me that I would have to submit to not one but two drug testing procedures in two different locations of the city. And this from a firm still had no assignment for me, and that commonly refuses to answer your follow-up calls. They never found me any appreciable work, are ignorant of corporate law procedure, and behave in a most unprofessional manner towards their vetted candidates. I asked them to never contact me again. Did they listen? Why no.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have never had such a bad experience with how unprofessional this recruiting team is. From false promises to endless paperwork... I am an educated and experienced professional that was informed of specific jobs available. I followed up and was eager to learn more. Instead of telling me that I wasn’t qualified for the position, or that it wasn’t available, or for any reason the position wouldn’t be a fit... which would have been the right thing to do, they led me on with false promises. Then completely ignored any phone call or email I would send it then as a follow up on my part. A simple “We don’t have anything for you at this time, we will keep your resume on file” would have been just fine. Horrible horrible professionalism. Do not go through them, it’s all about money and their bottom line. FYI - I never write reviews for anything, my experience with them was that repulsive.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

They will have you fill out their paperwork time and time again. Perhaps send you a link to one or two jobs. Which you will apply for, because that's why you're there! You will then never hear from them again. And once you've gotten fed up with waiting, you will call back and they will pretend they don't know you and want you to fill out their paperwork once more. This cycle repeats thusly. Never in all my days have I been so irritated by incompetence as I am with Robert Half. It really is a miracle that they stay in business.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My company used Robert Half back in 2016. The talent they sent was to be frank short of talent. This temp employee did more damage to the company than any of the worst employees we have had since its inception. After having ended this relationship more than a year ago, the company persits to contact me. I have on record, more than 20 times now (Repetitiously) told its representative to delete my information COMPLETELY from their directory. Yet, it never fails, I am still constantly harassed by them trying to push their candidates on us. Get the hint, Jack, we are not interested!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Recently used RHL for a clerk/assistant position. The employee they placed with my firm was completely incompetent and reckless to say the least. This individual spelled our firm name wrong on numerous notices sent to opposing counsel and also on multiple occasions sent the wrong attachment and case file to the wrong party thereby breaching confidentiality. The straw that broke the camel's back was when this individual called in and processed their own payroll with Paychex. They were paid hourly and accordingly without approval or notice decided to call Paychex and pay themselves on the first of the month. This was not customary or normal in the form and the issue with Paychex is something I'm dealing with separately. Shocking to say the least. NEVER AGAIN will I use Robert Half Legal and they wanted me to pay them 10K to hire them temp permanently. What a joke! I'd given them zero stars if I could.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have worked for Robert Half for years off and on. My experience used to be much better with them. I relocated and needed to keep steady work. My work experience is over the top excellent. I contacted Robert Half, which I had worked with in another state. The jobs they gave me were all low paying. I found out, because I always said yes and needed to keep working, they were giving me the low paying jobs instead of higher paying jobs I actually qualified for. I was getting the ones less desperate people turned down for higher paying jobs. Even though they knew I was in trouble with my rent, etc. over and over, they gave me the riff raff extremely low paying jobs. Once I told them I can now only take higher paying jobs, there was no response to my email. I guess they felt they lost their fall guy.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Before I begin my review I'd just like to second all of the negative reviews about RH on this site, as sadly those reviews resonate with my experience using RH. I am a fresh accounting graduate. I decided not to do public accounting as it was not the right fit for me at all, so I figured I would go corporate. I lack the accounting work experience for most entry level corporate jobs in my area, so I struggled finding accounting jobs to apply to. Except on RH, where most of the jobs on RH's website seemed to fit my level- recent accounting grad looking for work. I applied to three jobs on RH's website where I felt I met the qualifications. I now suspect that those 3 jobs I applied to where false because when RH contacted me back no reference was made to those three jobs at all by the recruiters. Not even to say that those jobs were already filled.

After I applied to those three jobs on their website, I get a phone call from a RH recruiter approximately two weeks later after I applied. She calls at 10:15 in the morning saying she'd like to conduct an interview via FaceTime at 1:00 the same afternoon. I agree to the FaceTime interview, and the RH recruiter says she'll email me some skills tests to take, preferably before the interview. I agree to take those tests, so I take the tests and secure a quiet area where I can have the interview. The recruiter called me at 1:00 for the interview, which was more about finding out my qualifications than anything else. The skills tests never come up. I give them my desired pay and geographic area. The recruiter agrees that my desired pay and geographic area reasonable, and she assures me that she'll be "by my side" for the whole process.

After she says that though she passes me off to another recruiter, who I will call recruiter x. Recruiter x says she can get me working this week, and I express interest. Recruiter x tells me about the position, and says she'll arrange for a phone interview with the client for the next morning at 9:30 AM. Recruiter X will call back "as soon as she can" with more information, so I "need to keep my phone close." I keep my phone close for about 3 hours, and recruiter x finally calls back confirming my phone interview with the client at 9:30 the next morning. I am not supposed to bring up my accounting degree or even mention the word accounting at all during the client interview. I got a bad feeling, like I was being played, but I agreed not to mention anything accounting in the client interview.

After I finish the client interview I am supposed to call recruiter x back ASAP. Well when I have the phone interview with the client I am asked about why I chose accounting as my degree. I'm kind of confused about why the client is asking me this, but I give an answer that seems to satisfy the client. I got the impression that the client was desperate to fill the job, and after the client interview I call recruiter x like I am supposed with the goal of backing out of the job. Except recruiter x isn't at her desk and I have to go through the receptionist to leave a voicemail. Recruiter x gets back chides me for bringing up my accounting degree (even though the client ASKED me about it)! She then assures me that it's OK that I don't want the job after I tell that I don't want it, and she says she'll call me back as soon as can she can with another job.

Two hours later recruiter x calls with a job that isn't in my desired geographic area... so where did paying attention to my needs go? Where did the recruiter who is "supposed to be by my side" anyway? I'm confused and when I express hesitation at this new job recruiter x has, she gets confrontational and rude with me launching into a rant about how expressing some hesitation is bad and not appropriate. She then says that temping may not be good for me, and that she looks forward to me calling her back tomorrow with my answer as to if temping is good for me or not. After that call I'm stunned, hurt, and really upset. I don't know what to make of the situation. I consider my bridge burned with RH and move on trying to look for other opportunities.

A week after the recruiter x issues, the recruiter who was supposed to "be by my side" calls me with a potential job around 8:30 AM. I express mild interest and the recruiter says she'll call the client right after she's done with me and that she'll get back to me ASAP. I wait for about two hours with no response. I don't hear back until 2:15 PM and this time she tries to push a job on that me that is in a different location than the job mentioned in the 8:30 AM call. I tell the recruiter that I'm not interested and that I am currently pursuing other opportunities external to RH (which is true). The recruiter says she'll take me off the RH system, and we both verbally agree that if nothing pans out I'll come back to RH in a few months (this was in August).

Well less than 24 hours after that I get a "Summer Check In" email. The following day when running errands I get a phone call, but I'm driving and I can't get to my phone. When I park at my next destination I see a RH recruiter has left me a phone call, a voicemail, and a text all within one minute of each other. A little desperate much? The next week I get contacted by a pushy RH recruiter who tries to push a perm position on me (that I am not qualified for), which ended up being a waste of my time.

Starting in late September I now receive duplicate emails full of grammatical errors from RH every other week. I don't believe these jobs are real because often times the words are just changed around from a prior email I got. Here's the bottom line: If you choose to work with RH prepare to be given a runaround, deal with disorganization, and treated like dirt. Just don't waste your time. Find an employer that treats you with respect, even if it takes many months. You're better off looking on your own than using RH.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I called Robert Half in Westwood, CA about my needs for a job in the software field. I was told to send my resume and that the recruiter would call me back. After four days I had not received a call back so I called the recruiter and asked that he call me back. I waited a week and called again. This time the receptionist recognized my voice and was rude and condescending acting bothered to do her job by transferring me to the recruiter. Again, I got a voicemail and left another message asking that the recruiter return my call.

I never got a callback after another week, so I called and asked to speak to the manager. I was told that there was not a manager to speak to. Coincidentally, the recruiter called me back. He said he would let me know if he saw anything that I qualified for. I never got any referrals from Robert Half during my two month job search. I found places to apply and got interviews on my own. I found a job without any response or help from them. Don't waste your time with this company. The recruiters are lazy.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I went the Akron/Canton, OH office twice. I was hesitant the second time because I had a few bad experiences with that location along with a few others. However, against my better judgement I went anyway. I explained to the recruiter my past experience, (never getting a callback, feedback or return email). She assured me this wouldn't happen with her and that she keep me in the loop. She even had the nerve to bring up a comment her pastor had made in church the previous Sunday to assure me. I never heard a word from her.

I realized that the majority of their listings are fake. They copy and paste ads from company websites and from job boards into their site. They cold call the company with your resume as a way into the company. If they don't get in, you never hear from them again. RH is very unprofessional and careless. I am a supervisor and often in the position where I need to hire staff. I would never use Robert Half knowing their tactics. Obviously they aren't sharp enough to realize they are shooting themselves in their own foot.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I had a face-to-face interview with them. They had sent me an email confirming the meeting details. When I arrived there on the given time, I was made to wait for 20-25 minutes and then a very junior employee of this company came to chit-chat with me. Later, the Senior Manager who was supposed to meet me arrived and interacted with me for less than 5 minutes. He was in a rush. It was awful. Later this manager promised me to provide the feedback after sharing my resume with one of their clients within a week (being it positive or negative). I tried calling them several times but he never returned my calls or replied to the emails. Please don't waste your time.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I had a phone interview with them. They are ridiculously terrible, awful. They couldn't care less about you. They just want to get their commission, or quota to fill that job. You initially hear from one recruiter, then another, and another, just giving you the runaround. Please don't waste your time. I don't know how this agency stayed in business this long. They are a joke.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Robert Half is the most unprofessional, laissez-faire, bunch of incompetent people I have ever had the displeasure of working with. I got a call back in February because I had decided I wanted to go back to California. They told me I had to be living in that area. One problem: Why do people move to a place like California? Because they have jobs, right? Does the word "Relocate" mean anything to Robert Half? No, it apparently doesn't. Like I said, I can't afford the rents, but that meant nothing to Robert Half.

Whatever you do, DON'T EVER question their fake arguments. Oh my God, don't. I told them that I had every intention of relocating with my mother and I got told that I had to have the place first (because it's easy to afford rents when you have about $100 a month to live on after rent in Nevada, cell phone bill and paying for your storage area, right?)

Go on an array of different boards and you'll see dozens of complaints about the day-to-day operations (the ones on Indeed are particularly virulent) and you'll find out that Robert Half is totally faking it. They get positive reviews from the 5-10% of people they actually care enough about to try to get a job for. The other 90-95% are left to die. The people in Ontario had me go through 14 different recruiters (yes really), one of which levied multiple criticisms against me including, wait for it that it would have been better if I had lost weight (this is illegal in California), and all-in-all, trying to work for this company is like that State Farm guy dangling a job in front of you then saying "Oh, you gotta be quicker than that! You almost had it!"

Original review: July 3, 2018

I started with the Robert Half Tucson office mid January of 2018. I was surprised with lack of professionalism shown by the Tucson office over and over again. From stating a salary level that I should be able to make with not one single job in that parameter. I had to settle for a position that was $40,000 less than what we talked about. The Tucson office did a very poor job communicating any new leads or other jobs outside of public accounting I might be qualified for. I even took my complaint to their corporate office in California and all I got was a lot of lip service. I would never recommend Robert Half to anyone who is looking for a recruiter as they did a very poor job representing me. I still look back at all my saved e-mails and laugh at the lack of follow through!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I originally worked for Robert Half as a data migration technician back in 2003. Me and another individual from Ohio worked together to migrate some 200 laptops for Citizens Bank. We completed the project on time and I received no complaints about how I dealt with the customer or my job performance that I am aware of. I also worked on another small project that involved connecting a server. I did this job on my own and although I made some mistakes, I realized it before I left the site and corrected them.

Over the past few years, I have sent about a dozen resumes for jobs I have seen posted by Robert Half. I never received a single response. I have now sent a dozen or so messages to their customer service "robot" asking if I have been blacklisted for some reason given the total lack of response by any of their recruiters. The only response I get is an invitation to have my resume critiqued.

I sent my resume and nobody responded. I tried twice to contact one of their recruiters out of their Paramus, NJ office about a Field Service position with one of their clients in Parsippany. I left a voicemail this morning that went un-returned. I called again at 11 this morning and was told he was in a meeting. If they're ignoring me, which obviously, they ARE!!! I would appreciate it if they would just tell me. Is it something I did or said? It's frustrating enough trying to find a job without being totally ignored by a headhunter who makes money by submitting you to their clients.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Working with the Akron/Canton offices started out great. I was a fresh graduate and needed help getting my first accounting job. I am a people person, and interview well, I just lack the work experience so far. They helped get me an interview at a place that ended up becoming my first accounting job. The boss who interviewed me loved me and told the accountant recruiter that they were excited to hire me.

After starting, making friends with as many people as I could at my new workplace, and working hard to become an asset to the company sooner, my boss came to me and complimented me profusely. I was told I am working hard, and quickly, and about how months down the line I'll learn this and that, and month ending stuff. My boss would tell the RH recruiter how much they are looking forward to hiring me on as a full time employee and not just a temp anymore.

My boss finishes complimenting me, I say I'll continue to work hard, and I get back to my work. Ten minutes later my boss returns, says my services are no longer required. I ask why and was told I don't need to know, it comes from higher up. I am escorted out, call my recruiter, and they tell me they just heard and are in talks with them about it. I later find out the job lied about me, saying I was demeaning and rude. RH recruiters say they must believe them over me, even though the recruiter who has been the liaison has been told by my boss at that job how wonderful I am, during the interview and on the job.

A week passes and I reach out, wondering if they will continue looking for a job for me. They assure me they will. Akron office contacts me, asks if I want to be a recruiter. I say I am more interested in being an accountant but I will listen and consider it. I wait for more information, or an interview, but nothing ever comes from that again. I am contacted by another for a Skype interview. After hours of waiting I get an email saying they had computer problems and if we could try tomorrow. I say tomorrow is great, anywhere between 10 AM-12 PM. I get no reply and wait from 10-12. I email them asking if they had more computer issues or if the time was bad for them. No response.

The last straw came when I was emailed by a Canton office recruiter for great accounting jobs I was really looking for. The issue is they were addressed to someone else. My name/email starts with a J. This persons name starts with a J and it was addressed to them. I reply and ask if the name entry or email entry was an accident, and that I would appreciate my resume being forwarded to these job opportunities which is what I've been promised when I signed up for RH. I attached my resume, which they asked me to do (or asked the other person to do), and have heard nothing from them. It seems to me they have ghosted me, are treating me poorly, and are accidentally sending me jobs I want but addressed to someone else. If it were just one person acting this way, one outlier, I could cope. This is multiple recruiters from multiple offices.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I've used Robert Half for ten or so years, both for temporary and permanent positions. I've always felt listened to and even if not placed by them, felt I could always go back for other placements.

Original review: May 14, 2018

They are extremely unhelpful, unprofessional and desperate. After a few ups and downs and thanks to Robert Half being disorganised I finally started a temp role which was below my level of experience. I then started applying for permanent roles that's more my level. The chap from Robert Half Southampton gave me a 30 min lecture on how I should stay at this temp role and pretty much how it's no point applying for the role I wanted to apply for. Two days after he phoned and emailed me on other opportunities?!! So he lectures me about not leaving the current role I was in then emailed me with other opportunities. He has not stopped hassling me for weeks and weeks now. Phone call upon phone call. Clogging up my inbox.

I've not worked for the company where I was a temp for 3 weeks now and he's still hassling me with regards to a timesheet there?? Does he not know I've left especially getting a replacement temp. I blocked his number and just had two phone calls from a mobile number and then two emails from two different people from this agency to call them urgently. I'm absolutely livid and wish I could complain to the CEO of this company. Just awful.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I have noticed that no one from SC has posted a review. I was interviewed via Skype by a Robert Half recruiter in Charleston, SC. It may had been two weeks when I got a call from RH to go to an in person interview with a company that is in the same town I live in. Which is about 20 minutes outside of Charleston. I didn't think they were going to have anything close to me so I was delighted when it worked out that they had a company here looking for someone. I went to the interview. I was told by the recruiter that I should know something by the next day and I did. They offered the position to me. I started working there through Robert Half in February of 2018 and the company hired me in April. It is a great company with sick leave, vacation days, 401K, insurance etc. Not to mention, they pay very well. I do go in at 6:30 in the mornings and don't get off until 5 or 6 but they don't mind paying the overtime and I am happy to accept it.

I would not have been able to work for such an employer had it not been for Robert Half. They got me in the door, I proved my worth and I got a permanent job. I am very appreciative to Robert Half and the staff at Faber Place in Charleston. I hope this review helps someone considering Robert Half in Charleston, SC as their agency.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I have worked temp with the company for over a year on at least three assignments of about three months each. It is not like the old days where a temp job could turn into full time. The interview and background check and interview was relatively painless but I feel like I must have as part of the process reviewed over 200 pages of online docs. I give them a total score of 20% simply because while the recruiters were relatively positive, I ran into problems with the timesheet, payroll and working conditions. On each job I was temping for an outsource agency like WL or DTI, within a law firm setting, but amazingly each position I ran into in my opinion an overall lack of training or software and at one place hostile and abrasive work environment. Sometimes a temp is given less than adequate training perhaps because they think you will only be there a few days, but such denial of training works against the smooth work output.

RH of course is just concerned with getting paid and could care less about working conditions but nevertheless, someone in this picture has a legal responsibility to assure a work environment free from harassment and discrimination. Training on each position I would put at 40% simply due to either lack of training, confusing communications, lack of software, or hostile work environment. To me lack of training creates a hostile work environment. Numerous times I had to fight to get the timesheet software to work and at least one time I was not paid on the regularly scheduled payday even though I turned in my time sheet a week before. I did have to threaten to file a labor complaint. Communications, teamwork, and accuracy was sorely lacking at all positions, I further give a low review when questions about work procedures are ignored.

At all positions I did the best I could but I felt hampered because they gave me limited duties or I did not get good training. One last thing: it seems agencies like to communicate by email and cellphone, which I may have little choice in the hiring process. But once you are on the assignment, I feel the RH should be able to communicate work issues like duties and payroll to you at the work site (client) and on their equipment; using your own time or personal cellphone means you should get paid for that time; one recruiter who placed me at a site said he did not know how to get in touch with me other than my personal email, but of course he had access to the work site email and phone. If I am placed on a site and have to use my own phone and my own time, and cannot use company equipment, then I should get paid for that time and my cellphone.

Original review: March 23, 2018

If I could give them no stars I would. They act like they are going to help you in the beginning but nothing ever comes of it. I was told to sit back, relax and they find you a job but you get no calls, no leads, or followups. It's a good thing I didn't listen to them and ended up finding a job on my own. It has been 6 months since I submitted my information to them to assist me in finding a job, and nothing. When I followed up with them they ignored emails and never got back to you. I feel like they are just there to collect a paycheck and forgetting just how important their Jobs are. I guess they feel once they have a job it doesn't matter who else around them doesn't have a job. Which defeats the whole purpose of their job. Do not use them and if you do keep looking for jobs on your own.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I heard good things about OfficeTeam from a friend so I thought I would try it. The staff was incredibly unhelpful. It took weeks to get even one job offer. I would have to constantly contact Office Team to get anything going and without me pestering them they would do nothing. In two months they managed to secure me two interviews. I managed to find a permanent position paying more than their temp to hire jobs would pay before they even bothered to call me with a third possibility. I said that I would still be interested in other positions, but have never heard back from them. Additionally having to do go through grueling interviews and waiting weeks for an extremely low paying temp job seems a bit out there. It takes more work than just going straight to a permanent position.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I just want to second all the negative reviews about Robert Half. Robert Half is a big chain --- think Appleby's of Temp agencies --- everything is centralized, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. My experience was with the Burlington, MA office. Incredibly rude and unprofessional people. They send emails filled with job listings screaming for you to respond quickly and tell everyone you know... yada, yada, yada... then they don't answer the phone... or act annoyed that you called... or the person whose name is on the email is nowhere to be found and no one else can help you. Everyone in the office goes to lunch at the same time. It's all smoke and mirrors. There are no jobs here... it's all an Orwellian illusion.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I was going to sign up with RH to assist me in my current career search. I'm under the impression they post jobs that they are representing just to get your CV on file when there are actually no jobs available. You then take time off work to meet with them, shake their hand and never hear back from them. I was also advised that if I sign up with another recruitment firm they will drop my file. In my opinion, if you see a job posting by RH there is probably a 10% chance they have a company that is looking for a candidate and a 90% chance RH is just trying to stockpile resumes. Be cautious! Lastly, Robert Half, in the future if I am in a position to employ a headhunting company your group will never be considered.

Robert Half Company Information