1.22/5

110 Robert Half Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 17, 2019

A guy name Gary ** blacklisted me for another job at RHMR by posing that he was helping me when he indeed was hindering me. Apparently Gary is too clueless to understand he committed a crime in Colorado, criminal and civil. And as many other reviews here, same old revolving door and meaningless meetings with their vanishing staff. This clown should be fired and I have emails and call logs to prove he tampered with my ability to gain employment. John ** too. So, do not waste your time with Robert Half! I will be letting every finance and accounting professional know about these individuals and how I would stay away from Robert Half, forever!

CO Rev Stat § 8-2-110 (2016): No corporation, company, or individual shall blacklist, or publish, or cause to be blacklisted or published any employee, mechanic, or laborer discharged by such corporation, company, or individual, with the intent and for the purpose of preventing such employee, mechanic, or laborer from engaging in or securing similar or other employment from any other corporation, company, or individual.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I had an interview @ 10 a.m. I went in, signed a form, added my references and was moved to the next room. I waited 40 minutes for the interviewer to arrive. He even stated during the process that he needed to answer his phone because his wife was calling. I have seen several positions posted for this company as I receive alerts. I contacted the office 4 times via phone call and 3 times via email and have not received a response at all. Please people don't waste your time. I wonder. Do they hold out positions for their families and friends?

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2019

First time working with Robert Half staffing. They was promising then they put me with a company called Innovel Solutions which is located in Romeoville IL. I only been there for 5 days and they was already starting to lie. And it was a lot of favoritism in the office also including an office snitch. Her name was Tracy **. She kept running the employees away. When someone snitched on her she lied about it. She doesn't like ** people and half of the office is filled with ** people. The supervisors and managers aren't professional. They curse a lot and also they would lie to the staffing agency Robert Half just to get you fired. Innovel Solutions and Robert Half staffing agency is a terrible place to work. Don't even waste your time with them.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I sent my resume to OfficeTeam and they responded to me within a day. I initially had an interview over Skype to register with them and then the next day they sent me some skills testing to complete - Microsoft Office and a typing speed test. I was interviewed by Laura ** - she is the Division Director. I was put out to work on temporary assignments immediately and, as I had just moved to Canada from Ireland, I was delighted with how fast they were to place me out to work and also how friendly and helpful Laura was. She always has a smile on her face and a great attitude. Even when I was placed on my assignment, she made sure I got my first paycheck the following week with no delay and I had her direct phone number to contact if I had any issues.

I recommended OfficeTeam and Robert Half in general to all of my friends and they had similarly positive experiences. Highly recommend registering with them for temporary or even contract/permanent positions too as they are so well connected in the Downtown Toronto area (and the GTA) and have some amazing clients. 10/10 candidate experience IMHO.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I was contacted for an interview. I quickly accepted and went into the office as soon as I could. I was early. I get there, I meet with staffing manager, she states that it'll take a couple of days for me to be placed. I completed onboarding paperwork, then nothing. I emailed her to follow up after a week with no answer. A recruiter from Park Ave office called and left no voicemail. I wish I didn't waste my time with this company. They obviously don't care for people. I wasted time and money commuting to them. Never again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Robert Half?

Original review: May 21, 2019

Every time I try to go through this agency the people never get back with me. They make it so hard to get a job and I do not think it is for **. I really think they save the jobs for their family. You are a freaking temp agency. I have went in and the clothing most people wear these days are not interview clothing. You apply, they call, send you these stupid assessment and then you never hear from them. And you call and they give you a script, "Oh you didn't score high enough." But Brandy ** told me that all they wanted to see if I knew anything about the computer. She said the scoring didn't matter. I am not satisfied. I think this company is fraudulent.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Being over qualified for most of the positions temp or perm...these folks are just lazy and unprofessional. They do not return calls; and do not investigate clients.... Hell they sent me out on a spot where I felt I was asking potential buyers to commit fraud....but I guess the hourly amount was more important than the ethics of the business.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I’ve worked with quite a few recruiters in the Philadelphia area, and Robert Half/The Creative Group is by far the worst. Being overqualified for positions and hearing nothing, an online system that is ancient and completely lacking, and myriad recruiters who never answer messages and never record a thing about you because every time you do eventually get a hold of them, they need to re-question you about everything. To be clear, this isn’t a negative review based on not landing a position. Many recruiters fall short in that regard, but The Creative Group is so inept in all forms of service, I assume they are staffed with those who used their service and realized it must be the easiest, non-responsibility job out there.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I recommend completely avoiding Robert Half Legal. In my experience working with these recruiters, specifically Tatianna **, they do not care about their candidates. Tatianna doesn't hear you nor listen. On about ten of our interactions, I noticed she would ask me questions I had already responded to but wouldn't answer nor address my questions or concerns. I have never worked with someone who cares so little about the person she is talking to. Avoid working with her because she's not really going to be any help to you. It'll be a very frustrating experience and you'll wish you hadn't given her the benefit of the doubt.

Original review: March 19, 2019

After seeing a RH posting for a job in my area, I interviewed via Skype with a personable recruiter and emailed my resume. Their office did not run into a lot of C-level administrative opportunities in my area, but that was fine - agencies are just one leg of job hunts I conduct on my own, regardless. Yet, except for submitting me to a company I was told was not interested in me (the posting for which I originally contacted RH) -- I was never submitted by RH to any other company. I got 2 calls in the next couple of weeks from other staff for positions not a fit for me or my resume (They did email a link to some free online training refreshers for MS Office, etc).

Fast forward 4 months later. I saw a job RH posted that was in my area and looked like an great match. I immediately emailed a short but detailed message to my recruiter. No reply after 4 days. No reply to my follow up phone call and voice mail. I called a 2nd time, and reached a different recruiter, who said my old recruiter was in the same office but had moved to the accounting side of the biz. No excuse offered as to why the old recruiter could not have still replied to me, regardless - or at least pass me on to someone who might help. Very poor, unprofessional communication. The new guy further said that the opportunity I was interested in, didn't exist anymore; his explanation was deliberately very vague and clearly, discussing it was verboten.

I expressed my concern for the lack of communication to my messages; the new guy "promised" he'd have another RH office reach out asap, as they might have opportunities near my area. He assured me that someone would be in touch that week. Three weeks later - nothing. Now I no longer care. Nobody I dealt with at RH was rude or unfriendly. But there is no excuse for a lack of courteous, professional communication. I'm not a newbie to such agencies and have worked through a few decent ones, with no problems. Others were a waste of my time, and RH turned out to be one of those. I'm also glad I read these other reviews, as it appears I've dodged a bullet in not working through them. I do not recommend Robert Half.

Original review: March 15, 2019

This Chick is rude as hell. I got emails to prove it. She lies and she confuses potential candidates. Craziest experience ever. She is making Robert Half look real bad as a Company. Heather **. Recruiter - Robert Half Healthcare Practice. Los Angeles, CA | roberthalf.com/healthcare-staffing. T: **.

Original review: March 6, 2019

They've become a joke. I worked successfully with them from 2016 until 2018, when everything changed. They were no longer returning calls or emails. I wasted my time setting up a profile and resume on their RHI website, to receive no followup afterward. Called the local office about it and one of the staff told me 'nothing was going on' in spite me pointing out several current openings I had qualified for. Evidently the lazy recruiters didn't bother removing those ads, or lied about the dates. Later, another recruiter emailed me about a full-time position and I answered that I was interested, and then nothing. That's the game they play. Wasting your time sending you daily or weekly mass emails about phony Hot Jobs they claim they need filling and then ignoring your calls and emails. I finally had to Spam them so I no longer receive their junk.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have worked with many agencies in 25 years of business. As a matter of fact 90 percent of my workforce is from temp to perm from agencies. Decided to give this firm a try. Extremely unprofessional, sent unqualified candidates and very rude with emails and transpiring from start to finish. They forget I am the client. Reported to management and same experience. I was hoping they would know better. AVOID this firm at all costs... If you look at reviews they are very bad. I am not alone!!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I started working with Robert Half in late 2018, with a signed contract. I was in the office and met the staffing manager and all seemed promising. Of course, they cannot guarantee you will get hired but they do promise to work on your behalf to find employment. By March 2019, I had not once received a call or email from them. I actively searched their website and emailed my resume as required to the various contact names listed in the job posting. No responses. No one in this office picks up their phone if you call - all calls are screened. I would never recommend them for job seekers, it's a waste of time. My emails go unanswered and the one time I called and finally got through to someone, she REFUSED to put my name in the candidate field for a job that matched exactly what I had done previously. Job seekers beware! Find another agency and don't bother with this one. All talk and no action.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

They push you to accept temporary contracts with promises of at least 3-6 months, and then it ends abruptly within a month. Completely unprofessional, Communication is non-existent when your contract is over. Never Again!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Temp to perm role would have actually been better to actually get hired by the assignment company SPS gives their clients a really expensive fee to hire them full time. This obviously is unknown to the employee who works the position and they are lied to saying that they expect to be hired within 6 months. And after 1.5 years luckily found full time employment elsewhere. Positive aspect is that they provide you with the connection to the position and company. Great experience to add new skills and industries to your resume. Allows you to get hired elsewhere even though your intent is to get hired by the company you temp for. (Why is it even considered temp when companies take full advantage by not needing a reason to fire them as you will be consistently at risk).

The benefits are a joke better off taking the hire rate as the Benny’s add sickly expensive really reducing your net pay. They lie to you and make it near impossible for the client to afford to hire you before 2 years. At least with contract to hire you have a better chance as the company will know your end date and the hiring fee is reduced and written in the contract. They really kept me from getting an offer for full time employment due to their astronomical prices to hire you full time, but if you find the right niche industry/company to work for it’s worth the 1.5 year “apprenticeship” to have the client train you to use these skills elsewhere.

Robert Half literally ignored me once I put my notice of resignation in and was so unprofessional on phone trying to solicit information about the job I accepted, company I’ll be working for and salary. Absolutely absurd. They never once reached out to me for my 1 year anniversary and there was not an annual review. I had to reach out to them 13 months in to have them give me a lousy $1/hr raise which the 5% I was told is never given (because they wouldn’t have giving me anything if I haven’t spoken up. I found this to be total greed and lack of care for the SPS employee. They dangle the carrot in front of your face telling you everything to be patient as the client really wants to hire you.

In my opinion after 1 year and no offer means your taken advantage of these temp workers giving RH no reason to treat you like a meaningful part of any team. Your just $ a number to them to make sure to keep you temp so the payments keep coming in. I still cannot believe they didn’t even offer an exit interview and they completely ignored my resignation email. Wow

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I approached Robert Half both in New York City and Chicago. I am a legal records specialist with 14 years of solid corporate law and private firm experience in a wide assortment of fields. In short, their reps could not seem to understand what strengths were on offer, nor what their clients required. Over a 3 year period of associating with Robert Half, they were only able to land me 3 weeks of temporary work. 3 weeks.

Aside from this, they enticed me with a number of fictitious positions, so obviously invented as to be laughable. -- But since I'm not one to burn bridges, I approached them one last time in their Chicago office. Lots of paperwork, tests on Word/Excel using an interface so old you couldn't even recognize the icons, all the while speaking to people who had not a single clue what corporate legal teams do (and this was Robert Half LEGAL, mind you), all the while listening to their phony talk about what great things they had in mind for me.

At the close of the interview they informed me that I would have to submit to not one but two drug testing procedures in two different locations of the city. And this from a firm still had no assignment for me, and that commonly refuses to answer your follow-up calls. They never found me any appreciable work, are ignorant of corporate law procedure, and behave in a most unprofessional manner towards their vetted candidates. I asked them to never contact me again. Did they listen? Why no.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have never had such a bad experience with how unprofessional this recruiting team is. From false promises to endless paperwork... I am an educated and experienced professional that was informed of specific jobs available. I followed up and was eager to learn more. Instead of telling me that I wasn’t qualified for the position, or that it wasn’t available, or for any reason the position wouldn’t be a fit... which would have been the right thing to do, they led me on with false promises. Then completely ignored any phone call or email I would send it then as a follow up on my part. A simple “We don’t have anything for you at this time, we will keep your resume on file” would have been just fine. Horrible horrible professionalism. Do not go through them, it’s all about money and their bottom line. FYI - I never write reviews for anything, my experience with them was that repulsive.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

They will have you fill out their paperwork time and time again. Perhaps send you a link to one or two jobs. Which you will apply for, because that's why you're there! You will then never hear from them again. And once you've gotten fed up with waiting, you will call back and they will pretend they don't know you and want you to fill out their paperwork once more. This cycle repeats thusly. Never in all my days have I been so irritated by incompetence as I am with Robert Half. It really is a miracle that they stay in business.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My company used Robert Half back in 2016. The talent they sent was to be frank short of talent. This temp employee did more damage to the company than any of the worst employees we have had since its inception. After having ended this relationship more than a year ago, the company persits to contact me. I have on record, more than 20 times now (Repetitiously) told its representative to delete my information COMPLETELY from their directory. Yet, it never fails, I am still constantly harassed by them trying to push their candidates on us. Get the hint, Jack, we are not interested!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Recently used RHL for a clerk/assistant position. The employee they placed with my firm was completely incompetent and reckless to say the least. This individual spelled our firm name wrong on numerous notices sent to opposing counsel and also on multiple occasions sent the wrong attachment and case file to the wrong party thereby breaching confidentiality. The straw that broke the camel's back was when this individual called in and processed their own payroll with Paychex. They were paid hourly and accordingly without approval or notice decided to call Paychex and pay themselves on the first of the month. This was not customary or normal in the form and the issue with Paychex is something I'm dealing with separately. Shocking to say the least. NEVER AGAIN will I use Robert Half Legal and they wanted me to pay them 10K to hire them temp permanently. What a joke! I'd given them zero stars if I could.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have worked for Robert Half for years off and on. My experience used to be much better with them. I relocated and needed to keep steady work. My work experience is over the top excellent. I contacted Robert Half, which I had worked with in another state. The jobs they gave me were all low paying. I found out, because I always said yes and needed to keep working, they were giving me the low paying jobs instead of higher paying jobs I actually qualified for. I was getting the ones less desperate people turned down for higher paying jobs. Even though they knew I was in trouble with my rent, etc. over and over, they gave me the riff raff extremely low paying jobs. Once I told them I can now only take higher paying jobs, there was no response to my email. I guess they felt they lost their fall guy.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Before I begin my review I'd just like to second all of the negative reviews about RH on this site, as sadly those reviews resonate with my experience using RH. I am a fresh accounting graduate. I decided not to do public accounting as it was not the right fit for me at all, so I figured I would go corporate. I lack the accounting work experience for most entry level corporate jobs in my area, so I struggled finding accounting jobs to apply to. Except on RH, where most of the jobs on RH's website seemed to fit my level- recent accounting grad looking for work. I applied to three jobs on RH's website where I felt I met the qualifications. I now suspect that those 3 jobs I applied to where false because when RH contacted me back no reference was made to those three jobs at all by the recruiters. Not even to say that those jobs were already filled.

After I applied to those three jobs on their website, I get a phone call from a RH recruiter approximately two weeks later after I applied. She calls at 10:15 in the morning saying she'd like to conduct an interview via FaceTime at 1:00 the same afternoon. I agree to the FaceTime interview, and the RH recruiter says she'll email me some skills tests to take, preferably before the interview. I agree to take those tests, so I take the tests and secure a quiet area where I can have the interview. The recruiter called me at 1:00 for the interview, which was more about finding out my qualifications than anything else. The skills tests never come up. I give them my desired pay and geographic area. The recruiter agrees that my desired pay and geographic area reasonable, and she assures me that she'll be "by my side" for the whole process.

After she says that though she passes me off to another recruiter, who I will call recruiter x. Recruiter x says she can get me working this week, and I express interest. Recruiter x tells me about the position, and says she'll arrange for a phone interview with the client for the next morning at 9:30 AM. Recruiter X will call back "as soon as she can" with more information, so I "need to keep my phone close." I keep my phone close for about 3 hours, and recruiter x finally calls back confirming my phone interview with the client at 9:30 the next morning. I am not supposed to bring up my accounting degree or even mention the word accounting at all during the client interview. I got a bad feeling, like I was being played, but I agreed not to mention anything accounting in the client interview.

After I finish the client interview I am supposed to call recruiter x back ASAP. Well when I have the phone interview with the client I am asked about why I chose accounting as my degree. I'm kind of confused about why the client is asking me this, but I give an answer that seems to satisfy the client. I got the impression that the client was desperate to fill the job, and after the client interview I call recruiter x like I am supposed with the goal of backing out of the job. Except recruiter x isn't at her desk and I have to go through the receptionist to leave a voicemail. Recruiter x gets back chides me for bringing up my accounting degree (even though the client ASKED me about it)! She then assures me that it's OK that I don't want the job after I tell that I don't want it, and she says she'll call me back as soon as can she can with another job.

Two hours later recruiter x calls with a job that isn't in my desired geographic area... so where did paying attention to my needs go? Where did the recruiter who is "supposed to be by my side" anyway? I'm confused and when I express hesitation at this new job recruiter x has, she gets confrontational and rude with me launching into a rant about how expressing some hesitation is bad and not appropriate. She then says that temping may not be good for me, and that she looks forward to me calling her back tomorrow with my answer as to if temping is good for me or not. After that call I'm stunned, hurt, and really upset. I don't know what to make of the situation. I consider my bridge burned with RH and move on trying to look for other opportunities.

A week after the recruiter x issues, the recruiter who was supposed to "be by my side" calls me with a potential job around 8:30 AM. I express mild interest and the recruiter says she'll call the client right after she's done with me and that she'll get back to me ASAP. I wait for about two hours with no response. I don't hear back until 2:15 PM and this time she tries to push a job on that me that is in a different location than the job mentioned in the 8:30 AM call. I tell the recruiter that I'm not interested and that I am currently pursuing other opportunities external to RH (which is true). The recruiter says she'll take me off the RH system, and we both verbally agree that if nothing pans out I'll come back to RH in a few months (this was in August).

Well less than 24 hours after that I get a "Summer Check In" email. The following day when running errands I get a phone call, but I'm driving and I can't get to my phone. When I park at my next destination I see a RH recruiter has left me a phone call, a voicemail, and a text all within one minute of each other. A little desperate much? The next week I get contacted by a pushy RH recruiter who tries to push a perm position on me (that I am not qualified for), which ended up being a waste of my time.

Starting in late September I now receive duplicate emails full of grammatical errors from RH every other week. I don't believe these jobs are real because often times the words are just changed around from a prior email I got. Here's the bottom line: If you choose to work with RH prepare to be given a runaround, deal with disorganization, and treated like dirt. Just don't waste your time. Find an employer that treats you with respect, even if it takes many months. You're better off looking on your own than using RH.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I called Robert Half in Westwood, CA about my needs for a job in the software field. I was told to send my resume and that the recruiter would call me back. After four days I had not received a call back so I called the recruiter and asked that he call me back. I waited a week and called again. This time the receptionist recognized my voice and was rude and condescending acting bothered to do her job by transferring me to the recruiter. Again, I got a voicemail and left another message asking that the recruiter return my call.

I never got a callback after another week, so I called and asked to speak to the manager. I was told that there was not a manager to speak to. Coincidentally, the recruiter called me back. He said he would let me know if he saw anything that I qualified for. I never got any referrals from Robert Half during my two month job search. I found places to apply and got interviews on my own. I found a job without any response or help from them. Don't waste your time with this company. The recruiters are lazy.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I went the Akron/Canton, OH office twice. I was hesitant the second time because I had a few bad experiences with that location along with a few others. However, against my better judgement I went anyway. I explained to the recruiter my past experience, (never getting a callback, feedback or return email). She assured me this wouldn't happen with her and that she keep me in the loop. She even had the nerve to bring up a comment her pastor had made in church the previous Sunday to assure me. I never heard a word from her.

I realized that the majority of their listings are fake. They copy and paste ads from company websites and from job boards into their site. They cold call the company with your resume as a way into the company. If they don't get in, you never hear from them again. RH is very unprofessional and careless. I am a supervisor and often in the position where I need to hire staff. I would never use Robert Half knowing their tactics. Obviously they aren't sharp enough to realize they are shooting themselves in their own foot.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I had a face-to-face interview with them. They had sent me an email confirming the meeting details. When I arrived there on the given time, I was made to wait for 20-25 minutes and then a very junior employee of this company came to chit-chat with me. Later, the Senior Manager who was supposed to meet me arrived and interacted with me for less than 5 minutes. He was in a rush. It was awful. Later this manager promised me to provide the feedback after sharing my resume with one of their clients within a week (being it positive or negative). I tried calling them several times but he never returned my calls or replied to the emails. Please don't waste your time.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I had a phone interview with them. They are ridiculously terrible, awful. They couldn't care less about you. They just want to get their commission, or quota to fill that job. You initially hear from one recruiter, then another, and another, just giving you the runaround. Please don't waste your time. I don't know how this agency stayed in business this long. They are a joke.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Robert Half is the most unprofessional, laissez-faire, bunch of incompetent people I have ever had the displeasure of working with. I got a call back in February because I had decided I wanted to go back to California. They told me I had to be living in that area. One problem: Why do people move to a place like California? Because they have jobs, right? Does the word "Relocate" mean anything to Robert Half? No, it apparently doesn't. Like I said, I can't afford the rents, but that meant nothing to Robert Half.

Whatever you do, DON'T EVER question their fake arguments. Oh my God, don't. I told them that I had every intention of relocating with my mother and I got told that I had to have the place first (because it's easy to afford rents when you have about $100 a month to live on after rent in Nevada, cell phone bill and paying for your storage area, right?)

Go on an array of different boards and you'll see dozens of complaints about the day-to-day operations (the ones on Indeed are particularly virulent) and you'll find out that Robert Half is totally faking it. They get positive reviews from the 5-10% of people they actually care enough about to try to get a job for. The other 90-95% are left to die. The people in Ontario had me go through 14 different recruiters (yes really), one of which levied multiple criticisms against me including, wait for it that it would have been better if I had lost weight (this is illegal in California), and all-in-all, trying to work for this company is like that State Farm guy dangling a job in front of you then saying "Oh, you gotta be quicker than that! You almost had it!"

Original review: July 3, 2018

I started with the Robert Half Tucson office mid January of 2018. I was surprised with lack of professionalism shown by the Tucson office over and over again. From stating a salary level that I should be able to make with not one single job in that parameter. I had to settle for a position that was $40,000 less than what we talked about. The Tucson office did a very poor job communicating any new leads or other jobs outside of public accounting I might be qualified for. I even took my complaint to their corporate office in California and all I got was a lot of lip service. I would never recommend Robert Half to anyone who is looking for a recruiter as they did a very poor job representing me. I still look back at all my saved e-mails and laugh at the lack of follow through!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I originally worked for Robert Half as a data migration technician back in 2003. Me and another individual from Ohio worked together to migrate some 200 laptops for Citizens Bank. We completed the project on time and I received no complaints about how I dealt with the customer or my job performance that I am aware of. I also worked on another small project that involved connecting a server. I did this job on my own and although I made some mistakes, I realized it before I left the site and corrected them.

Over the past few years, I have sent about a dozen resumes for jobs I have seen posted by Robert Half. I never received a single response. I have now sent a dozen or so messages to their customer service "robot" asking if I have been blacklisted for some reason given the total lack of response by any of their recruiters. The only response I get is an invitation to have my resume critiqued.

I sent my resume and nobody responded. I tried twice to contact one of their recruiters out of their Paramus, NJ office about a Field Service position with one of their clients in Parsippany. I left a voicemail this morning that went un-returned. I called again at 11 this morning and was told he was in a meeting. If they're ignoring me, which obviously, they ARE!!! I would appreciate it if they would just tell me. Is it something I did or said? It's frustrating enough trying to find a job without being totally ignored by a headhunter who makes money by submitting you to their clients.

Robert Half Company Information