3.03/5
Based on 33 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

33 LinkedIn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

First off, the site is a jumble and mish-mash of too many things. Nothing is organized, and nothing is categorized the way it should be. As soon as I find something relevant to what I need or am looking for, they change everything, then I have to sift through their total screwed up system again. I have yet to find ANY job listings... And this is after 2 years of looking on there.

I joined one of the groups on there to talk about the problems and issues in the workplace for admins and none of my posts have ever been published! They don't want REAL LIFE being talked about at all!!! ALL they want are platitudes, advertisements, and B.S. Any subjects that are REAL, or are a in issue in offices all over this country, they REFUSE to acknowledge or publish. This site is nothing more than a gimmick to charge people money for a service they will never get. And out of all the people I've talked to about LinkedIn over the years, NONE of them have gotten any ACTUAL, REAL LIFE use from it, much less ever gotten a job through it! Just another phony scam made to bilk people out of money.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I signed up for a free 30 day Premium subscription, for which I was required to provide my PayPal info. I cancelled the subscription well within the 30 day deadline, but LinkedIn nonetheless charged almost $600 to my PayPal account. I have written to LinkedIn numerous times, explaining the situation, providing back-up documentation, & requesting a refund. However, I have been repeatedly ignored & stonewalled, & now, many months later, I have still not received my refund.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I am a group owner on LinkedIn who has been a member for more than ten years. I have more than one million members in my groups. Some of the dishonest practices that I have experienced and documented. I believe that these actions and many others that I have experienced are breaking laws in Europe and in California and other US states. They hide many postings. They are visible on the poster's computer in the discussion list but not on other group member's computers.

They remove the management function to remove group members posting thousands of bogus postings to disrupt the groups. They appear to be using Indian contractors who rejoin every day with fictitious avatars and postings designed to disrupt the groups. Members say my profile has disappeared and they get messages saying, groups, that they are members of don't exist. They limit member joining approval to ten per click. It goes up and down randomly with each click from one to ten per click. I often approve 1000 new members each day yet over the last 3 months group sizes have changed by zero or one member. They are not permitting members to join groups. Previously it was possible to approve 50 per click.

They attack groups for commercial reasons and surreptitiously remove tens of thousands of members. They block thousands of people who apply to join groups so their applications go into no man's land. They have blocked groups of words in discussions that they deem to be competing with Lynda.com. For example, if a posting had the words 'Design thinking" it would not post because they have a course in design thinking on Lynda and want to control all discussions with that term. They prevent group owners from emailing their group members or distribute the postings to less than 5% of the members in the group owner's group despite the settings of the members.

They have removed the group logos of some groups that are growing faster than they want. They have removed also the ability to replace the group logos. Six months ago they indicated that this was a temporary action while they worked on the site. They haven't given me any credible reason why this continues. They provide dishonest support. A LinkedIn engineer in "special projects" has attacked my own independent website and tried to hack into the administration. They moved discussions down discussion lists to 20th place and remove postings for their own commercial reasons. They have removed the "Like" so I cannot see who has liked a particular posting which is an indicator of which postings are visible to members. They post bogus spam postings to disrupt groups.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I notified LinkedIn.com two days ago that my account was hacked and that there were fraudulent job postings being charged on my account. Well LinkedIn.com just charged my account for these fraudulent postings. ZERO communication from their "safety and security" department. Zero ways to contact them directly after account is suspended. ZERO customer service. Definitely will choose to professionally network via different portals. What a POS company. Second time in last 12 months this has occurred with same outcome. Lets you know where LinkedIn.com stands regarding the customer and user. Definitely a potential for a class action lawsuit as I know that I am not the only user that has experienced this.

Original review: May 11, 2018

LinkedIn somehow charged my card $129.00 claiming I signed up for a premium version of LinkedIn. I never did this, I tried contacting them and because of how many issues they have with what I’m going through, they do not even have a phone number to call. I have tried communicating through email, and LinkedIn’s response has been to “open a ticket” even though when I’m replying to their emails it’s because I opened up a ticket. I have since deleted my profile and encouraged my employees also to do so. LinkedIn is a large company, who makes most of their money stealing from people hoping they do not notice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LinkedIn?

Original review: May 7, 2018

The LinkedIn website seems to require a manual and many hours to decipher all of material they offer. It's very confusing website. I spent hours trying to figure them out. I posted a job which I thought was for free and then I got a 350 bill. I was concerned several times during the month and my balance was always at 0.00. I was able to chat and cancel my job posting's job posting but could not get any refund. Chat never told me that I was accruing charges... Apparently chat doesnt have access to accruing charges. Chat told me to chat back with them if I was charged. After I received my 350 bill, I tried to contact chat. Not possible after an hour of navigating.

Little did I know only premium customers are only able to chat. Since chat cancelled my job postings at my request, I was removed from premium... Only Later on a linda.com site did I discover only premium members can chat. So I was wasting my time looking for assistance that didnt exist on chat. So, I could only email. I submitted my issue to someone in Europe, and got a very cold email basically unwilling to assist me. No discussion of refunds... My concerns were not addressed. This company has terrible customer service, and navigation for answers is very unclear. Their website is overly simplistic and difficult to use. It is automated to generate large sums of money from consumers with no resolve for any issues. A complete ripoff.

Original review: April 13, 2018

LinkedIn, without warning or reason, locked my account yesterday. I have obeyed their terms of service. They demanded I send them a copy of my driver license to unlock it. I did so, but it is still locked. It is virtually impossible to reach a person at this company, but someone in sales said it could take a week or longer. This is damaging my ability to get a job. I demand Linkedin stop this aggressive grabbing of personal data. This is beyond data mining, this is data theft. This is worse than Facebook.

Original review: April 6, 2018

My business partner and I purchased the Premium LinkedIn Recruiter for 2 years. In 2017, I had to leave my company for personal reasons but still continued to pay for my share of $7K. Recently, I joined a staffing firm and to my surprise, I do not have access to LinkedIn Recruiter Corporate. I have asked for it numerous of times. I thought perhaps if LinkedIn could look up my old account and see that I hardly used it, then they may either give me a couple of months free for the Premium OR give me extra Inmail usage for my Recruiter Lite package that I recently purchased. They denied me of both.

The main reason why I am upset is the lack of empathy that was given to me and they completely ignored the fact that I was paying top dollar for their product that I did not use given some circumstances. I feel like I that the business that I gave them didn't count or matter. The rep was completely snippy to me in his response. I am really horrified by my experience.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Placed a job posting on LinkedIn recently. The wording/language about the fees was so confusing, I still don't understand what I was billed for, when after 10 days I owed them $110 just from people VIEWING THE AD! Reported it via email (no physical phone number to call them) and was told, "sorry, no refund possible". I feel like I got scammed and ripped off.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Do not ever post a job on LinkedIn. They will screw you over and over and over. It's literally like "Hotel California". It's a great site for people looking for jobs and for people looking to hire to contact you but NOT for posting jobs! Over the holiday, I helped a friend by posting a paying job on LinkedIn. I used the business email account but they managed to merge that account into my personal account. They have a SERIOUS caching and code problem. I cancelled the job the end of December and in fact was using their free trial but by February, they sent a bill. At that point, I had figured out that everything got merged on my personal account. I found that in order to even see the bill, I had to delete the business account on LinkedIn.

At that point, I put a ticket in and they partially reimbursed my friend. I re-checked to make sure that no jobs were posted. I re-checked a few days later and nothing was there. Somehow, miraculously by the LinkedIn Gods above, they made the job magically RE-appear AGAIN and my friend got another bill this morning. Of course, it's all on my personal LinkedIn account. So now I'm forced to delete my personal LinkedIn account and I will never bother to use them ever again. So, alas, I highly advise that you not use them for job postings. Not cool LinkedIn, Not cool!

Original review: June 6, 2017

I like that the LinkedIn website has a search engine that allows you to look into the job of your interests. Also, Your information is stored for other companies to look at and see if you qualify. Everything is pretty decent in the searches and finding a job is easier to do on these sites. It was easy to post my resume and easy to make my profile. I applied for different things in my field and successfully got interviews and interested employers. I really like the website as a whole. Very good Experience.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I made an account and used it to apply for jobs and search for jobs that might interest me later. It was nice to be able to look for specific jobs and also link to others you know and see where they can help. It was easy to find jobs and review them but the site itself and navigating though it was very Confusing. It needs better tutorial to get around the site. It should have more help getting you to get used to it. But, I love that I could save my searches and also love the Resume help.

Original review: June 4, 2017

I made a LinkedIn account. I also made a resume and uploaded it to their website. I make connections through system that works on different social media platforms. It was easy. They wanted the premiere career building networks out there and the one with the most expensive reach of Louisville. They have an extensive network of employees and employers from which to choose from. I would focus less on trying to advertise their paid for services and advertising implementation but rather focus more on trying to get people jobs.

Original review: June 3, 2017

I used LinkedIn to determine companies of possible opportunities. I wanted to determine if I would be a good fit. Could see who searched for me. Had an existing account. Relatively easy process. LinkedIn is pretty good and helps to stay in touch with coworkers and classmates. I liked that I could see friends and former colleagues' recommendations. But there are too many recruiters getting my information and suggested jobs aren't relevant to my experience. Needs to consider most recent experience in algorithms to determine job interests.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I created an account then went to the search for jobs section and started with a search using a keyword or job title. I like that it is easy to filter job matches in your preferred field. It also will give you email updates about new job postings based on previous job searches. However, the job postings almost never include salary. They are sometimes very vague and show jobs that just have keywords that match your search, but the job is not actually what you are looking for.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I made an account and it was simple to find job listings with my desired title, industry and location. I have used LinkedIn to apply for 3 of my previous employers. At first glance it looks similar to Facebook. I enjoyed the look & layout of LinkedIn. It is easy to navigate through jobs & profiles of companies & connections. However I wish it allowed users to build a more unique profile background or provide a more creative way to express their work. I did not want to pay for a membership to boost my profile. My connections & work experience should be able to do that on their own.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I have made an account and I use the site to read about career tips, resume building and just the random articles that they post. I do from time to time search for job listings. I like that it is more than just job listings. I like that I can follow people and subscribe to their blogs, get newsletters, job search tips. I also like that each individual can have their own page set up and personalize it. There is a lot of great information for professional jobs. I get a lot of great information from that site they always have great articles.

It's a great site but they should have information for people from every field. I see that LinkedIn is mostly for white-collar workers there isn't much for retail workers or factory workers... A lot of it is about office work. Filing, computer programs. There is a huge range of people that don't work in those fields that would probably still love to use the site and go there just to get discouraged that there isn't any info for them because they aren't professional enough.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I really enjoyed being able to make a profile that was similar to a resume where you can connect with businesses and possibly find your new career that best fits you. I did use the site to find employment opportunities within my field and was able to connect with a wide range of people within the industry which my degree is geared to. It was quite easy to navigate within the site. It was a pleasant experience.

Original review: May 29, 2017

I make a LinkedIn account and sometimes it is simple and sometimes it could be difficult to find job listings. I also use the site to apply to open positions. My resume is already on there. I like the connections that we have and they make with me and the login is pretty simple. However, I get career connects that sometimes don't match with my career choices. They send me people connections that don't match my profile and it doesn't update the resume all the time.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I do not like LinkedIn. It publicly displays your birthday... this feature made me question the relevancy of many of the features in the service and I also was being contacted by many noncareer contacts and former students so it didn't work for me. I was never informed of open positions and found that the contacts that were made irrelevant to my career. The site also requested additional information constantly and wanted to charge for additional features. However, there are many features like the discussion forums is a great way to help you keep up-to-date with industry developments, recently published professional literature and inform you of professional associations that may be of interest.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I made my own account in LinkedIn and it was simple. It is also easy to find job listings. I have not used the site to apply but I have looked at positions on LinkedIn. I like how it connects me with others that I know, gives me potential contacts of my friends and suggests new people to link me with as well. It also allows me to stay in contact with people I know and know what they are doing in life. It has been a simple website to use.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I do have a LinkedIn account. It was easy to setup. I like the extensive networking opportunities that allow people to connect with others in similar fields or with work colleagues without having to be friends with them on more personal social media sites. However, I don't like all of the notification I receive from LinkedIn about other people's work anniversaries but I'm sure I can turn that off. I have also noticed that the site's job listings aren't very good or are not updated in real time. I have never used it to apply for a job and I doubt I ever will unless they improve the job listing portion of the site.

Original review: May 26, 2017

The site gives a wide variety of contacts for different careers. Also has a lot of information on different job opportunities and it's easy to apply for all the different jobs that you want to apply for and get your name and experience out to multiple employers. It's a little confusing but the more you use it the easier It becomes to find the jobs your looking for and to help build your career search and expand your searches. I've applied to several different jobs and it has became easier to find jobs the more I use the site.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I opened an account because of genealogy because someone had sent me an invitation to their family history. After awhile I did use the site for a local job search, but never found anything close to home. Since I lived is such a small town, remote area there was not very many jobs around here, however there were a good many about 40 miles away which was too far for me to drive. There should be more posts. The site could tie into local newspapers in each area. That way people could see what is out there in their areas.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I like how you can network on LinkedIn. I know people who have got jobs just from knowing people on there. I do have an account though I haven't really been as active as I could be on this site. I haven't really actively searched for a job on there, just kind of networked. It's not hard. I've used it to look at people who I have interviews with and stuff. However, I hate how if you go on someone's page that they can see. It alerts them and I think that's weird. You can't look at anyone's profile without them knowing.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I opened my own LinkedIn account and it is simple to use. It was very easy to find job listings. Plus, I receive notification when others in the network post information/questions. It's tied to others who may be important in the job search network. The only thing that I am concerned about is the privacy in which information is posted and stored. I wonder at times if the information posted by others is really coming from that person.

Original review: May 22, 2017

It was easy to create an account in LinkedIn. I like the opportunity to upload a resume and create a profile using it. Also, I like the ability to share the resume with other employment sites. This allow you to be more proactive in job search because potential employers and recruiters can view your profile and resume without you applying for a job. It was also easy to search for job listings and you can apply for a job posting by clicking a few buttons. I was satisfied with the process. The only issue is that only like cited resources are available for free and you have to get a paid membership to access everything.

Original review: May 21, 2017

This site is simple. Everything is great and straightforward. It's very easy to use. The features that I like about it are that you can "connect" with people and see who they are connected to. That has to be the best feature. Also being able to apply to such jobs right within the site is fantastic. I did make an account and it was very simple to begin the job search. Applying for positions was easy as well. It does what it says!

Original review: May 20, 2017

I like the comprehensive way the website is designed in terms of the information it provides. It makes it easy for keeping in touch and networking within your career interest parameters. In addition, it allows a person to know where that individual has worked and the experience they have under their belt! Overall, I like the website though I wish there was a way to block from certain individuals if you want to. But it seems once your profile is out there - anyone and everyone that chooses to can see it. I would like that feature to work differently! I used to be on it but due to this - I am not now. I have found that the "Indeed" website is more useful and I can prevent those that I don't want to see my stuff from seeing it. I have personally known three people that have put false credentials on the website which to me - watered down those of us with an education and credentials.

Original review: May 19, 2017

LinkedIn pairs me with jobs that best fit my career profile. For instance, if you find that you have a lot of history in physical fitness, it will pair you with jobs that are within the physical fitness industry. It is definitely user friendly and highly recommended!! First you have to sign up for an account. You develop an online resume and attach your picture and skills to it. Then you find people both within and outside of your network and add them to your LinkedIn network allowing you to search for different types of jobs. However, I think that LinkedIn gets a certain type of stigma because it is correlated to that of Facebook. Yes, it is a social media application but it does much more than Facebook whereby in a sense you have an opportunity to network with other professionals rather than see what your friends made for dinner that night.

LinkedIn Company Information

www.linkedin.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business