2. Job Search Sites

3.7/5 (278 ratings)

About LinkedIn

LinkedIn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LinkedIn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LinkedIn?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

This site is designed for professional networking. If you are good at professional networking and follow up, they will block you!! What good is the site? You can have a small professional networking group but if you are actually good at networking, this site is not for you. Especially if they are doing their job & can see all networking is professional & they still cancel you! Extremely disappointing professional social network!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I pay $6,000 a year for a single LinkedIn Recruiter seat. I travel between the West Coast and the Midwest and whenever I attempt to log into LinkedIn from a new location I get locked out of my account. I get locked out of my account constantly, despite using the correct 2-step authentication process they force on me. You can't file a support ticket unless you are logged into your account but I CAN'T LOG INTO MY ACCOUNT to get support. It is the most frustrating experience I have encountered. What exactly am I paying for???

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

To begin with, I had a paid subscription. They sent me an email saying I needed to "update my payment information" or I would lose my "premium" account... Well seeing I did not want to renew, I did not update this info... Somehow they got my new card info and charged me anyway... Now for their content "Script Nazis" If you post or make a comment on a post, that goes against "their agenda narrative", they will "censor" you or even close your account. This will be done even if you "pay" for a premium account... Nope, they do not refund. They have no clear policy, just a bunch of "word stuff", they will interpret the way, they wish. They censor the truth, when it does not fit their narrative... Hey, but you can open a profile be an "Out House CEO", Be Colonel Urinal leading a squad of Commode Commandos.

The only time they will require identity verification is when you post or make a comment that goes against the narrative set forth by their "Script Nazis". Funny but they asked for my ID even though I have submitted it before... I'm done with using their so called "service". Tip for if you do go with the Nazis just post a resume, fill out a truthful profile...never purchase anything....watch out for scammers. LI does not regulate them with any regularity....You will get a lot of "your handsome" or "You are wife is lucky" proposals...Interestingly, this is usually the exact spelling....Dead giveaway...You can report this activity, but alas, later you may see the profile will still exist

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Updated on 09/28/2021: The censors are changed daily per the mood of LinkedIn that day. I closed my account for they allow fake profiles and trolls. You are bombarded with sexual harassment but they do nothing. Now a month later and their incompetents continues as I am still getting harassed by their messages daily. They should be charged with all the horrors they put on clients. Sued for premiums on services NEVER rendered. Just an absolutely nightmarish platform. Heed the warning for many actual professional platforms out there LinkedIn is more or less Facebook on steroids.

Original: Accounts for Many continually locked without explanation. They have no accountability and do no research before locking accounts. Many Many scammers Fake profiles. Sexual harassment via private message allowed when not even connected to the creeps. When you report such They immediately lock you out Not the offender. They can see and DO LOOK at private messages. If don't pay for premium package They make sure your posts are lost in the algorithms. DO NOT WASTE TIME OR MONEY HERE.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I have been a LinkedIn member for a long time with a huge network. I have changed my profile picture to my business ethics mascot. They disapproved and blocked my account. Don't waste your $$ on the premium level. I'm part of an investment group of five whom has established a portfolio of gold, silver, Gems, art, among other diversities in a global portfolio. We don't need LinkedIn anyway. Our group doesn't go outside the network.

Original review: June 11, 2021

My company signed up for premium recruitment services with LinkedIn for a year, paid quarterly. When the pandemic hit, I reached out to LinkedIn's billing team, comprising of Francis **, Keelan ** and May **, to restructure the last quarter of payment with LinkedIn. None of them showed any interest or sympathy to help a long-standing customer, while I received an email from LinkedIn saying: "Helping you navigate this time is a priority for us.“ When our business normalized and I wanted to settle our outstanding balance, the billing department ignored my messages and instead of working with me, they sent the outstanding invoice to a collection agency. Really bad experience.

Original review: June 8, 2021

I am a retired 83 year old who does not want or need LinkedIn learning. On May 8th I was offered free "Learning" but never took up this offer. Today I was told that LinkedIn Ireland had taken £24.98 from me by PayPal. Since my so called and unwanted "Free Trial " ended today I tried to contact LinkedIn Ireland to recover my money. As you might already know, however, all the contact details for LinkedIn do not work. I am surprised that LinkedIn has degenerated to the extent that it now resorts to scamming the elderly.

Original review: May 22, 2021

My account was restricted. I contacted customer support three separate times to get this fixed since I never broke the TOS or at least know why I was banned, but I don't think they even know why I was banned. First they told me I was banned because of a "misrepresented identity". After escalation since that never happened, I was then told it wasn't because of a misrepresented identity, but they still wouldn't tell me what part of the TOS I broke. Don't use LinkedIn, they can just remove anyone's accounts for any reason, even if they simply don't want them there.

Original review: March 20, 2021

This website advertises posting a job if employers are hiring. I post to hire a marketer for my medical clinic. They asked me about my credit card information and address, name, and much more. After 2 hours, I found they block my account and asked me to send them my Driver's license photo. I called them more than 5 times and sent the messages and no reply for days. I sent them my Driver's license photo because they have my Credit card and they charge me $21 per day and I can't even log in to the website to stop it. After I sent my driver's license they sent me an email and asking for my passport too. This is a very fishy act. This is fraud to force people to send them their government-issued documents and doesn't let people close their account and they keep the people credit card information and charge them daily for the account that they restricted them.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

There is no Help Desk of ANY kind. Options they say they provide Never work - Ex. I don't want to get "Ads", and even though I say I don't want them and yet I am constantly having to block the posters. I'm daily getting deluged with ads that take me 30 minutes to clean out. I get the feeling from LinkedIn that they think they are doing me a 'favor' by sending me ads by people, organizations, etc. That I don't know and don't have any interest in. There is a LOT of political posting on the site and I have begun to realize that Linkedin is run by Democrats. If you post anything or follow anything that THEY don't agree with - you are branded as a "Hater". What are political ads and posting doing on that site anyway???? If you "connect" with someone, they assume automatically that you want to follow them.

If you check into a company, they assume you want to follow them as well. This means you are deluged daily with anything/everything your connections want to send out. If you join a group, people are free to not follow the rules and advertise whatever they want and you get stuck with it in your profile box. People try to get rated as "Influencers" on LinkedIn and that is another nightmare of ads and posts altogether. I went to a job search meeting and 1 woman was trying to get counted as an "Influencer". She had brought a phone, which she swiped through the group and rejoiced when she told us that we were now connected to HER LinkedIn account. I was supremely glad I didn't have my phone with me at the time. This was not originally supposed to be a job search site or Influencing site.

I understood it to be a site to reach out and connect with people you knew or had worked with or people you wanted to know who had the same interests as you. I would cancel my connection if I didn't have so many people in my network who would lose my connections. I'm supposed to have a Private site - but anybody can view me and connect with me.??? When I opted for the new job search mode activation, LinkedIn COMPLETELY wiped out all my job details and awards and refuses to restore my information. This site is no longer geared for the user - it is for LI bragging rights.

LinkedIn Company Information