2. Job Search Sites

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.80/5

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

LinkedIn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LinkedIn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LinkedIn?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

LinkedIn is a great website to use in your job search and much preferred over more impersonal sites such as Monster or Careerbuilder, which receive more applications - many unqualified - than they can handle. This is because your own LinkedIn account starts with people you know and who know you. They have worked with you and can back your abilities. They can even refer you to positions that may not yet be public knowledge, which is needed in these competitive times. You can also look for contacts for jobs you’re applying for that your own 1st tier contacts know and could connect you to. It’s always better to know someone at the company you’re applying to! If you’re a qualified candidate, using LinkedIn will be a much more successful way to obtain that new position you've always wanted.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I highly recommend everyone to check out LinkedIn especially if you're searching for employment. Even people that are already employed can benefit from this website and what all it has to offer. It is very similar to a social network but one that is focused around jobs. It is very easy to connect with others individually and as a company as well. With LinkedIn you can find employment by searching the available jobs posted and applying to them. Between the specific categories and the filters available, searching for any job, anywhere is super easy and it actually has a lot of legitimate opportunities available.

The part that really sets LinkedIn apart from the rest is that you can not only find work but work can find you as well. So even if you're employed but still needing or wanting to look for something better it's very helpful to have a LinkedIn account with a up to date profile for yourself. Just by keeping a profile you can be recruited by employers because companies can also search for people to be potential employees. There really is a lot to gain from having a LinkedIn account because it even offers learning courses. It's definitely a all around awesome website to utilize.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2020

LinkedIn is more a Recruiting Site than a Job Search Site. By that I mean that it is more a place for Employers to find good prospects, rather than for a Job Seeker to find a job (although they certainly do have jobs posted on LinkedIn. LinkedIn tends to have more upper level jobs than many of the other job sites. It is a site commonly used by recruiters to find candidates to place with specific companies. It is also a fantastic place to get Career Advice. If you are in serious Job Search Mode it is worth signing up for Premium (you can always go back to the "regular, free" level after you land that Dream Job. When I retired from the OneStop, a LinkedIn Profile was rapidly replacing the Resume as the Primary Job Search Tool.

Original review: June 29, 2020

For the most part LinkedIn (paid subscription) is my go to Job search app. However the 2 things I find difficult & frustrating are:

1. ability to filter for REMOTE positions (& the variations of remote, 100% Anywhere in US, State specific, partial remote etc)

2. ability to easily filter or see which jobs posted via a Recruiter (usually same job posted by many recruiters) vs posted by actual hiring Company. While I am open to working via a recruiting agency I've found they ONLY have my interests in mind when they happen to have a position that by chance I match up with. In no way have experienced or found a Recruiter who works with ME that matches MY skills to a job. I would pay for this service, IF I could find, which I can't if it is a real thing.

What I like: ability to Quick Apply with maybe 2 or 3 job specific questions, which I find occasionally, More often I'm direct to a companies or recruiter site that even when using linked in connect to prefill, I still need to copy and paste or correct 85% of my info into. I love the Company or application insight information, ie # of applicants, salary ranges, etc.

Original review: June 28, 2020

LinkedIn is a great resource for job seekers. I've found the job alert helpful but I wish there was a way to customize the area of law I'm looking to practice in. I used other filters such as for distance, level of experience etc. but did not encounter one for area of law specifically. That would narrow down the results and make them more relevant and helpful for me. Whether or not you're seeking a job though, LinkedIn is great for professional development because you are able to follow organizations and people you are interested in, thereby receiving updates from them. I've been able to connect with various people through the messaging system and the suggestions for fixing your profile are helpful as well. I haven't explored the advertisement possibilities and some of the other professional features LinkedIn offers, but I'm excited to do so.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Linkedin is directly responsible for the consistent discriminatory practices on their site by allowing recruiters to look at your picture and not respond to the experience. I have been paying attention and taking names of recruiters that only look at your picture. Linkedin is a partner in this continued effort to discriminate on race, age, weight, etc. Linkedin is only for those whose look isn't that of a minority. Shameful!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

After being involved with LinkedIn since its inception, I am banned without warning and with no reason. Horribly run. Pathetic. I have 3,000+ followers and I contributed daily to the information being dispersed, but this garbage happens.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

LinkedIn is an amazing website to connect with like-minded people and professionals. You can do a search for a business or a person. I find it really helpful when advertising my business and connecting with people from all over the world. I really like the fact that I can read articles and magazines for free and they're so educational and informative. I’ve made some amazing connections with organizations and was able to network with people and that’s how I was able to find my amazing career.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Great Website. A real industry leader and asset App. I really like their mobile App. as well. It would be greatly appreciated if they could send virtual business cards. LinkedIn spends a great of time and effort in updating its app. and keeping current with the times.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

LinkedIn has a great connection network, usually all HRs will be actively searching candidates in LinkedIn, easy to chat with the recruiter. Resume kind of profile is already available to employers. It is easy to approach the companies and get the feedback easily. Easy to search jobs through keywords. One click submission can be done to apply for the job. Candidates can also get brief idea on what company is and what kind of products company develop.

LinkedIn Company Information