2. Job Search Sites

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.36/5

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

LinkedIn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LinkedIn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LinkedIn?

Original review: July 11, 2020

I like LinkedIn because it seems to be a bit more personal. You can look at companies and the profiles of people working there and they can learn more about you from your profile. It is also good to see who you both know, which can gives you a little insight into the people they choose to associate with. While not a character reference, you get a feel for the person you may be interacting with. I also like LinkedIn because people who are really looking for someone with your talents are reaching out, rather than the randomly applying to robots who may or may not have their algorithms set for the words and phrases in your resume.

Original review: July 8, 2020

LinkedIn is more a Recruiting Site than a Job Search Site. By that I mean that it is more a place for Employers to find good prospects, rather than for a Job Seeker to find a job (although they certainly do have jobs posted on LinkedIn. LinkedIn tends to have more upper level jobs than many of the other job sites. It is a site commonly used by recruiters to find candidates to place with specific companies. It is also a fantastic place to get Career Advice. If you are in serious Job Search Mode it is worth signing up for Premium (you can always go back to the "regular, free" level after you land that Dream Job. When I retired from the OneStop, a LinkedIn Profile was rapidly replacing the Resume as the Primary Job Search Tool.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 29, 2020

For the most part LinkedIn (paid subscription) is my go to Job search app. However the 2 things I find difficult & frustrating are:

1. ability to filter for REMOTE positions (& the variations of remote, 100% Anywhere in US, State specific, partial remote etc)

2. ability to easily filter or see which jobs posted via a Recruiter (usually same job posted by many recruiters) vs posted by actual hiring Company. While I am open to working via a recruiting agency I've found they ONLY have my interests in mind when they happen to have a position that by chance I match up with. In no way have experienced or found a Recruiter who works with ME that matches MY skills to a job. I would pay for this service, IF I could find, which I can't if it is a real thing.

What I like: ability to Quick Apply with maybe 2 or 3 job specific questions, which I find occasionally, More often I'm direct to a companies or recruiter site that even when using linked in connect to prefill, I still need to copy and paste or correct 85% of my info into. I love the Company or application insight information, ie # of applicants, salary ranges, etc.

Original review: June 28, 2020

LinkedIn is a great resource for job seekers. I've found the job alert helpful but I wish there was a way to customize the area of law I'm looking to practice in. I used other filters such as for distance, level of experience etc. but did not encounter one for area of law specifically. That would narrow down the results and make them more relevant and helpful for me. Whether or not you're seeking a job though, LinkedIn is great for professional development because you are able to follow organizations and people you are interested in, thereby receiving updates from them. I've been able to connect with various people through the messaging system and the suggestions for fixing your profile are helpful as well. I haven't explored the advertisement possibilities and some of the other professional features LinkedIn offers, but I'm excited to do so.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I'm honestly said this is the best option to searching the jobs. LinkedIn most helpful for me because linkedIn connect the most random people but this is the best helpful for new members. Mostly experience people are help the members and we get the most meaningful advice in the from experience people. My thought is this is the most helpful site I have ever been seen before. This website is thousand times better than other sites because our works simply finished for this site so usually most people don't be like the late but this one is completely different for user. This one is change the all the things.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Has the most up to date jobs and a easily available profile. I like that there are jobs there that are not in other web browsers. You can easily update your resume and have the option of being seen by companies or not.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I started using LinkedIn back in 2013 when I was searching for a job in the health care industry. I was able to connect with many people who could help me, and I ended up landing the perfect job. I still use LinkedIn, even though I'm not actively searching for a new job. It's a good way to stay connected with people who may someday be a valuable resource.

Original review: July 16, 2020

LinkedIn could be a good addition to the standard job search tools. However, you have to do your own due diligence, as with other sites, plus you have to take some referrals and jobs available with a "grain of salt". "Embellishment" is not exactly in short supply these days.

Original review: July 15, 2020

LinkedIn keyword search allows me to find the type of lobbying jobs I want and they are more recent since I can also find through my network the name of a person at the company and ask them for an endorsement or background information about the job. I also notice many Sr. leaders are posting their own announcements to their network about their company's new position. That is a bit harder to find if you don't regularly follow that person on LinkedIn.

Original review: July 14, 2020

LinkedIn is very good company. There are a many platform. Many vacancy is available in LinkedIn. Very good. Very good. LinkedIn word is a unique word. Some time not help us Very good.

LinkedIn Company Information