2. Job Search Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.05/5

LinkedIn Reviews

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I have nearly 16k connections. I've had many problems with my account since 2017. I paid for LinkedIn Recruiter since I'm a independent recruiter. I noticed I have messages I can't read. I had lots got foreign people from certain countries trying to connect with me. I discovered one day when I looked at who's logged in. It was not just me logged in. It would be different iPhones and locations besides Durham, NC where I live. Every time I logged into recruiter like the location would change from my Durham location to unknown location. Also happened when I downloaded Recruiter Lite on my IiPhone. Location would be a different city besides Durham. SO scary. I was harassed by foreigners online. Computer hacked. I could tell my iPhone was hacked. Always hot whenever I made phone calls. Things became physical. People figured out or took advantage of where I lived.

Started being physically stalked, harassed and followed around town to gym, grocery store, mall, get nails done. Anywhere I went. Beyond scary. There is some sort of racket going on when you connect to people on Linkedin that some IT people are making money off you. They somehow connect thieves up to your account so they can look at who you contacting. Possibly download all your connections without you knowing it. I feel I was also preyed on by companies I seemingly worked for. They are nuts. They could have just paid me for the access rather than dealing with me. Rather than stealing and terrorizing me for 2 years. I got confronted by some folk where I went. I think I needed to be on my computer for these criminal activities to take place. It's taken me a few years to believe this is true. I didn't want to believe people could be this cruel and evil.

I believe it's Americans (American companies or any company) and foreigners are somehow selling this racket to them. It took me a while to realize this scam and racket. I have talked to my family many times what I thought was happening. Welcome to 2020 and the world of the internet and all the criminal activity and stealing you can deal with. I think when you look for a job it is smoke and mirrors. I believe that someone has presented this scam to companies and I guess in some way cheaper than just hiring a good recruiter and buying the yearly recruiter lite rather than monthly. I still do not get why anyone would do it. I don't know all the details but this is what I know so far. I just started working for a IT staffing company. Added their profiles. After week looked in my location details....2 other locations opened and it won't give location name. You do the math.

Have called cops and gone to councilman in Durham locally to get help only to be turned down. I fear for my life because I'm a woman and being followed and harassed at some places I go to. I leave my yard and immediately I got dozens of cars and F150 trucks and all kinds of trucks following me like I'm the President. Apparently these are important people following me with power. How I got myself in this ridiculous mess I do not know. Some horrible person has sold me to the highest bidder for free Linkedin privileges on my Linkedin recruiter account. I'm a good recruiter but so are tons of more people. I don’t have a 100k connections just almost 16k. The world has gone crazy. I leave this message as a warning of what's happening in social media, the dangers, greed and evil that come with it.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Despite having turned off my looking for employment settings, I continue to get multiple recommendations for jobs. I have exchanged emails with Victoria for the past five days. She doesn't answer my question about who generates these, gave me a link supposedly to my settings. It was a link to open an account. She insisted I take a screenshot even though I told her multiple times it did not work on my phone. I finally figured out on my own how to change my settings. It was simple: click on my photo which led me to my profile and then to my settings which I changed so my profile isn't available to the public. I have no idea why she couldn't just tell me that.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I joined Linkedin, a few years ago & I wished I didn't. My own family smeared my name & I almost lost it all. They believed in the smear campaign, even though I shared videos about it. They love to gossip. Many, way to many fake accts. If someone is jealous of you, they will try to ruin you. I HAVE FRAUD COMING FROM THEM IN MY OTHER ACCT & THEY HARASS. I had break ins & a good chance it came from Linkedin. Fraud is big with them. If you are sensitive do not go on this social media. They will go as far as befriend you to get free information & it's very clickist. I'm taking off all my work & then leaving. It put me in dangers, because of narcissism.

Try to get in touch with Linkedin, not happening. My husband & family are using it to spy on me. I'M LEAVING. If someone is putting you in danger & they are. Even if they know about it, they will not tell you. I was profiled & also, possible overdosing. Only a few admit it it, but it's being covered up. I had a private investigator try to stop me from reporting me family to Social Security for identity theft. DON't join!!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I have been trying to log into my account for more than 3 months now. I even cancelled the two step verification process because the last time I was able to get in was a nightmare. Terrible IT. You would think that a billion dollar corporation like this would have its act together but not at all! I wish I could get into my account so that I can cancel it. When you follow the steps recommend by LinkedIn it does not work. They are worse than Uber technologies not being able to reach anyone on the telephone to resolve technical issues. Totally not professional at all.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Please stay out with this Platform!!! It's the worst one that I have been encountered. It helps nothing and unpleasant feeling if you get restricted with unreasonable reasons. And I've just discovered; in fact there are so much complaints about LinkedIn that it has make this platform get its Champion status as The Worst Social Media Platform. Just google it and you will find plenty of them... And I'm glad that I am not the only one that feel the same way and do the complaint.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LinkedIn?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I have tried to cancel my premium subscription with LinkedIn two times. The first time I canceled with plenty of time to avoid another payment but was charged again anyway. So I thought that maybe there was a technical glitch that caused this so I decided to use the month of training and then cancel again a few days before the next payment was scheduled. I canceled with 3 days left. They charged me AGAIN! This is not a mistake. I have done some research online and discovered that many others have had this same experience and now it is happening to me. It is also widely known that the Linked In hack exposed their customer's sensitive information. My advice would be to stay far away from this company!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I just updated my profile; and signed up for the 30 day "premium" scam...then the bogus jobs started coming in through email - cancelled premium and deleted account. It's fake! Those job offerings are from years ago and matched to your profile as recent. Notice how you can't reply to LinkedIn directly? Not to mention all the LinkedIn connected BS SPAM email you'll deal with... Just apply through company site and use Indeed or Simplyhired (yea, I know they're linkedin).

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I've been on Linkedin for over 10yrs. I just noticed today the inmail no longer works. We have to pay $30/month for just 3 inmails per month. $9/month, maybe when job seeking, but not $30. That's cruel. Sorry, too rich for my bank account. I'll stick with the old way of networking. In person, external emails and phone calls.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I’ve used Linked-in recruiter for a few years. I purchased job slots and a recruiter license which we have paid tens of thousands of dollars for. LinkedIn makes it very difficult to share resumes with hiring managers. This year to streamline things since I am very busy and downloading and saving every resume to my desktop just so I can email them to a hiring manager (I’m HR) is time consuming, I shared my personal login and password so that the manager could scroll through the resumes and just let me know who they would like to interview. I received emails from Linked-in making me feel like a criminal for doing that. I was told I needed to pay more money to be able to “collaborate” with others. I was also told that, me and the hiring manager needed to go through a process of resetting our login information and then report back to them when we are finished so that we come off their violation list.

“In order to successfully collaborate within the tools while remaining compliant with LinkedIn's Service Terms you would need a Recruiter License. Each purchased Recruiter License comes with 20 Hiring Manager licenses. The Hiring Manager licenses empower your staff to review profiles and provide feedback to the assigned Recruiter through a shared project folder.” I’m very disappointed, it seems LinkedIn charges a lot of money to get applicants through job postings, then makes it difficult to get these resumes in front of the people who need to see them and charges even more money for what should be built in to the system. I won’t be renewing next year.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I lost my job and used LinkedIn which charges $29.99. I used all the connections, etc recommended actions to find a job. LinkedIn Does Not work!! All it is a media for recruiter and marketers to scan people. Also, is crazy how LinkedIn uses us all to Their business. Years ago, I can find a job without LinkedIn and so can everyone. So I found a job and Not from LinkedIn! Or any connections with LinkedIn. Then after I am done paying my Premium. There's free learning course, LinkedIn starts to bill me. Go figure.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

LinkedIn Company Information