1.24/5

58 LinkedIn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

LinkedIn restricted my account and I have almost 4,000 contacts. They gave me no reason and wanted my driver's license to verify who I am. No way would I give them my driver's license. Many times before I got contacted by ex LinkedIn ex employees that said they would publish my password all over the internet if I didn't give them $$$. So why would I give them my driver's license to get back to my account. Very disappointed in their service or rather nonservice. They have no e-mail or customer service to contact live...What a joke. After all they had my website and on my profile website is my address and phone number to call to verify it was me. Then they swore I have another account under ** which I do not.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I was a member briefly while doing some research for a business. Having completed the research, I cancelled my subscription. Ever since then I receive up to 20 junk and spam emails a day about SEO proposals. Very few contain unsubscribe options and even if you do send back 'unsubscribe' they keep bombarding you, some on a daily basis. Have taken to sending replies in Chinese as they are obviously not Australian. This DID NOT HAPPEN prior to being a member of LinkedIn.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Like many others, I was charged for a service I did not want but was not warned before they made the charge. In fact, I was surprised when I was contacted by my bank and when I attempted to contact the company from the phone number provided by the bank for the charges, the number did not work at all. Months later, the number worked only so far as a recording stating they are not accepting calls!! Very shortly later, I have been blocked out of my account with a demand for copies of government issued Identification!! This very dangerously looks like a SCAM and identity theft operation. The company is playing hard to reach on every possible level and is completely dishonest in their dealings.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

When I am applying for premium service, It was mentioned that I will be notify 3 days before the month end, if I don't want to continue premium service. But I was not notify and you charged me for 1 month. Kindly reverse this charges as you can see in your record that I didn't get any reminder to cancel the service from LinkedIn.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Unless you want your email to be filled with thousands of junk mail then get you some LinkedIn. Better off going to the employer's website. Linkedin basically provides you a bunch of Uber jobs, like everyone knows you can do that yourself. Only way LinkedIn can change my mind about them is if they send an employer to give me a **. Personally I'd prefer giving them a **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LinkedIn?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have used 1 month free subscription to Premium membership on 20/12/2018. But on 29/01/2019 RS. 1652 got deducted from my account without any renewal message of subscription. I'm feeling looted by LinkedIn. I haven't used my account since last month and eventually got message for deduction of huge amount from my account. I am a student and not been given money by my parents for these frauds. Please initiate the refund. LinkedIn is trusted brand. Don't know why they are looting students.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

There is a man on there posing as the employee of Store Supply Warehouse and he is scamming us. He said he was a recruiter for Data Plus+. Trying to set us up for a data entry job that does not exist. While he was emailing us back and forth, I called Store Supply Warehouse. I found he is not an employee of that company. Meanwhile my daughter called Data Plus+ and found he was not an employee and was not hired by them to recruit jobs. They did state that this was not the first they had heard about this. I think he should be deleted from LinkedIn before someone loses money. I would be happy to send you the 40 emails back and forth. Now you tell me why LinkedIn did not get rid of him. I guess they like to see people ripped off. I will never ever do any business with anyone connected unless I know them personally. Since LinkedIn allows us to be ripped off etc. I no longer trust them!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I posted a job on LinkedIn for 29 rupees budget. They haven't provided any quality cv's. They asked for authentication of my debit card. After they suspended my posting telling no payment has been done. After a month all of sudden they deducted 2300. I want refund because I didn't authorized and how could they deduct...?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I asked to sign up for Recruiter Lite Monthly after a month trial - the charge was supposed to be $119/month. LinkedIn charged me for the entire year more than $1200.00 on my personal PayPal account after the trial period. This came out of my own personal checking account - a lot of money right before Christmas. Talk about timing! I complained in writing - they told me they would refund it on December 21. It is now January 10 and still no refund. They have the worst customer service. There are other places to source candidates - if they can't operate ethically, there are other places to go. My employer was considering a corporate account, but I have seen so many complaints.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I found a great job that I wanted to apply for. Waited overnight for "LinkedIn" app to download. Logged in and was "challenged" repeatedly. Never got to actually use the app. Waste of my time! There must be a severe problem with robots using this app then writing reviews about it!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

There are so many problems with LinkedIn. Let's start with customer service. They do not care about you. "Violations" are opinionated, and they can ban you for minor reasons. You can appeal a ban, but it will take at least a few weeks. Customer service will often not reply to you. Now the website itself. The website design is outdated and unnecessarily tricky to use. Many features do not work. For example, I search for a job within a radius of 10 miles within my city. It breaks for no reason. Never buy premium for this website. Being banned for any reason while having features do not work is an embarrassment. Use other sites for professional and job searching needs. LinkedIn sucks.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

They locked up thousands of accounts. Claiming violations to their policy. I never did anything. I barely ever logged in. They then want images of drivers license or passport. I blocked out my dob, license #, address, etc... and left my name and image... They will not accept it. Why do do they need my dob, drivers #, address??? Fraud. Turning into Facebook. Trying to get more info on its users...

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I moved to Arizona back in July of this year. Changed my phone and updated LinkedIn with my new number. Identified new number as the primary contact and to be used in two-step verification process. All of a sudden, a month after I closed my old phone number completely, LinkedIn has decided to start sending me my two-step verification to that disconnected number. I was able to verify that my new number is still registered as a primary number on the account and the one designated for two-step verification process. I still had LinkedIn application open on my iPhone, however, I could no longer make any changes to my account.

Contacting company for support has been a real nightmare so far. In addition to vague answers to my requests, they still continue sending me two-steps verification process to my disconnected phone number, even after photo ID verification. Unprofessional conduct and fraudulent behavior, if you ask my opinion about their customer service and security features. All of this started when my platform operation changed from Dublin, Ireland to Palo Alto, California. Really??

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Been a premium sales navigator member, means this is the top membership. Been paying for the last 3 years. Gained over 109,000 followers. My 30,000 connection limit was almost exhausted, had 35,000 pending connection requests. Was being tagged a couple of hundred times a day, and getting a few 100 connection requests daily. Plus receiving 100s of thousands of views of my posts.

One fine day, I got restricted. First reason. "We see unusual activity within your account and we know it's not you that is doing this, but for the safety of our members we need to terminate your account." Reason 2. Connecting with people I don't know. Viewing a lot of profiles. Inflating my followers. I have connections that are engaging with me that have millions of followers. Are these real reasons? Do they have a flaw in their system? Do they care about long term paying customers? It's been over 3 months and nothing is sorted out yet. Every time I open a new account it gets blocked. 7 times already. Where's the courtesy towards a person that is spreading goodwill on LinkedIn. Where is the courtesy towards a paying customer. 3 years of paying them, to gain over 109,000 followers and all gone in a second. The only answer they can give is we need to protect our members. What about me as a paying member for 3 years.

Resolution response: Oct. 29, 2018

It has been resolved by the company.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Literally stole my money from my bank for an unused service. It's worse than trying to cancel the Wall Street Journal. I will let every person I know what a scam this is. Premium doesn't even increase the views of your account, it does nothing but add a bunch of buttons to your home page about how good premium is.

Resolution response: Oct. 26, 2018

after small mail they refund amount. thanks, LinkedIn for fast support

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I was charged for LinkedIn premium features. While I subscribe for premium feature a month ago it said, "Do not worry. We will send an email notification before the day free subscription ends and you can cancel the same if do not want to be charged." But I did not get any email and charged 1400. How can I refund this amount?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

So frustrated with their changes on their recruiter access plans. I use to pay $49.99 a month to get the same access as the Recruiter Lite they offer now but you will need to pay $119 a month now to get the same access. So disappointing that LinkedIn turned into a site like everyone else - wanting more money from the consumer instead of being humble. LINKEDIN ISN'T ABOUT THE PEOPLE. They only care to get as much money as they can from you.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Does anyone have any guidance on how to cancel the linked premium subscription? They charged me for an entire year - I have tried to cancel and get my money back, since August - there is not an option. There is no phone number, I tried to cancel multiple times and it says "I am canceled" - but I am paid up until 2019!!!) They have STOLEN from me $1275.00. That is a trip to Aruba. Any advice before I lawyer up?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I am told my account is restricted and I can not log in. There is no access to any form of customer service to get answers. Much time was invested in contacts (over 500). Many customers review my info. This restriction can do great harm to my business. I want answers and a solution. I see others have had the same problem with LinkedIn.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I've signed up for the Job Seeker App one month trial. I had doubts that it would work, and so it turned out. It didn't work for me. I've deleted the app, and as many other apps before. I thought that would be enough to cancel the subscription. It turns out it's not enough. The amount is not charged because there are not sufficient funds. On top of that the subscription it tells me is active until October 6. I DON'T WANT THIS SUBSCRIPTION. Why can't I just delete it. This way LinkedIn is making life miserable for everyone.

So, they can take people's money, but can't afford to have customer service to resolve billing issues. That's ABOMINABLE... against all ethical business practices. I'm starting a IG & TWITTER TAG #deleteLinkedIn #LinkedInisarobber. From what I've read they don't have refund policy, so I'll cancel my LinkedIn account completely. That's a TERRIBLE GREEDY PRACTICE. If the service works people will be flocking to use it. Why extort money from people's credit cards in this unethical way.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Very disappointing situation. I was Online, using my app, everything apparently working properly, when all of sudden, my account was logged out twice, but in the second time I was not able to log in, since now it says that my "account is Temporarily Restricted". What a disrespect, totally, unjustifiable. Now, I cannot use my own account because of this and there is no Customer Service number (I have tried 3 different ones, all spams), no answers from anybody.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

This is horrible. I can't access my account, then you try to contact LinkedIn and no way of contacting them directly. You have to go through a help forum, and they ask you to log in to your account in order to get help. Hello, I can't access my account. If I could access my account I wouldn't need any help, 'cause that is the darn issue. So Stupid.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Don't give bank account information to LinkedIn! I signed up for a supposed 'free' LinkedIn Premium trial. I canceled after just 2 days because it absolutely did not do what they claimed and gave me no special access. (My cancellation was acknowledged by them via email over a month ago.) End of last week my bank account had an unauthorized charge by them for the membership which I had canceled over a month before. I've written to them twice and they won't respond.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

This site is helpful with networking and visibility. I am getting resume reviews weekly. Overall LinkedIn is one of better job search sites. I recommend it to anyone in the job search situation.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

This company has the worst customer service. My account became restricted and I did not know why. I spent hours in trying to resolve the issue via emails, phone calls and repeated attempts by their customer people to make me pay $99 for a recovery fee, only to be disconnected each time I spoke with someone. I sent all the verification requested only to be told, I am out of luck. I could go on but I want people to know, be careful. I am no longer a LinkedIn member and will not recommend them moving forward.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

First off, the site is a jumble and mish-mash of too many things. Nothing is organized, and nothing is categorized the way it should be. As soon as I find something relevant to what I need or am looking for, they change everything, then I have to sift through their total screwed up system again. I have yet to find ANY job listings... And this is after 2 years of looking on there.

I joined one of the groups on there to talk about the problems and issues in the workplace for admins and none of my posts have ever been published! They don't want REAL LIFE being talked about at all!!! ALL they want are platitudes, advertisements, and B.S. Any subjects that are REAL, or are a in issue in offices all over this country, they REFUSE to acknowledge or publish. This site is nothing more than a gimmick to charge people money for a service they will never get. And out of all the people I've talked to about LinkedIn over the years, NONE of them have gotten any ACTUAL, REAL LIFE use from it, much less ever gotten a job through it! Just another phony scam made to bilk people out of money.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I signed up for a free 30 day Premium subscription, for which I was required to provide my PayPal info. I cancelled the subscription well within the 30 day deadline, but LinkedIn nonetheless charged almost $600 to my PayPal account. I have written to LinkedIn numerous times, explaining the situation, providing back-up documentation, & requesting a refund. However, I have been repeatedly ignored & stonewalled, & now, many months later, I have still not received my refund.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I am a group owner on LinkedIn who has been a member for more than ten years. I have more than one million members in my groups. Some of the dishonest practices that I have experienced and documented. I believe that these actions and many others that I have experienced are breaking laws in Europe and in California and other US states. They hide many postings. They are visible on the poster's computer in the discussion list but not on other group member's computers.

They remove the management function to remove group members posting thousands of bogus postings to disrupt the groups. They appear to be using Indian contractors who rejoin every day with fictitious avatars and postings designed to disrupt the groups. Members say my profile has disappeared and they get messages saying, groups, that they are members of don't exist. They limit member joining approval to ten per click. It goes up and down randomly with each click from one to ten per click. I often approve 1000 new members each day yet over the last 3 months group sizes have changed by zero or one member. They are not permitting members to join groups. Previously it was possible to approve 50 per click.

They attack groups for commercial reasons and surreptitiously remove tens of thousands of members. They block thousands of people who apply to join groups so their applications go into no man's land. They have blocked groups of words in discussions that they deem to be competing with Lynda.com. For example, if a posting had the words 'Design thinking" it would not post because they have a course in design thinking on Lynda and want to control all discussions with that term. They prevent group owners from emailing their group members or distribute the postings to less than 5% of the members in the group owner's group despite the settings of the members.

They have removed the group logos of some groups that are growing faster than they want. They have removed also the ability to replace the group logos. Six months ago they indicated that this was a temporary action while they worked on the site. They haven't given me any credible reason why this continues. They provide dishonest support. A LinkedIn engineer in "special projects" has attacked my own independent website and tried to hack into the administration. They moved discussions down discussion lists to 20th place and remove postings for their own commercial reasons. They have removed the "Like" so I cannot see who has liked a particular posting which is an indicator of which postings are visible to members. They post bogus spam postings to disrupt groups.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I notified LinkedIn.com two days ago that my account was hacked and that there were fraudulent job postings being charged on my account. Well LinkedIn.com just charged my account for these fraudulent postings. ZERO communication from their "safety and security" department. Zero ways to contact them directly after account is suspended. ZERO customer service. Definitely will choose to professionally network via different portals. What a POS company. Second time in last 12 months this has occurred with same outcome. Lets you know where LinkedIn.com stands regarding the customer and user. Definitely a potential for a class action lawsuit as I know that I am not the only user that has experienced this.

Original review: May 11, 2018

LinkedIn somehow charged my card $129.00 claiming I signed up for a premium version of LinkedIn. I never did this, I tried contacting them and because of how many issues they have with what I’m going through, they do not even have a phone number to call. I have tried communicating through email, and LinkedIn’s response has been to “open a ticket” even though when I’m replying to their emails it’s because I opened up a ticket. I have since deleted my profile and encouraged my employees also to do so. LinkedIn is a large company, who makes most of their money stealing from people hoping they do not notice.

LinkedIn Company Information