3.91/5
Based on 23 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

LinkedIn

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: June 6, 2017

23 LinkedIn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: June 6, 2017

I like that the LinkedIn website has a search engine that allows you to look into the job of your interests. Also, Your information is stored for other companies to look at and see if you qualify. Everything is pretty decent in the searches and finding a job is easier to do on these sites. It was easy to post my resume and easy to make my profile. I applied for different things in my field and successfully got interviews and interested employers. I really like the website as a whole. Very good Experience.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I made an account and used it to apply for jobs and search for jobs that might interest me later. It was nice to be able to look for specific jobs and also link to others you know and see where they can help. It was easy to find jobs and review them but the site itself and navigating though it was very Confusing. It needs better tutorial to get around the site. It should have more help getting you to get used to it. But, I love that I could save my searches and also love the Resume help.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: June 4, 2017

I made a LinkedIn account. I also made a resume and uploaded it to their website. I make connections through system that works on different social media platforms. It was easy. They wanted the premiere career building networks out there and the one with the most expensive reach of Louisville. They have an extensive network of employees and employers from which to choose from. I would focus less on trying to advertise their paid for services and advertising implementation but rather focus more on trying to get people jobs.

Original review: June 3, 2017

I used LinkedIn to determine companies of possible opportunities. I wanted to determine if I would be a good fit. Could see who searched for me had an existing account. Relatively easy process. LinkedIn is pretty good. Helps to stay in touch with coworkers and classmates. I liked that I could see friends and former colleagues' recommendations. But there are too many recruiters getting my information. Also, suggested jobs aren't relevant to my experience. Needs to consider most recent experience in algorithms to determine job interests.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I created an account then went to the search for jobs section and started with a search using a keyword or job title. I like that it is easy to filter job matches in your preferred field. It also will give you email updates about new job postings based on previous job searches. However, the job postings almost never include salary. They are sometimes very vague and show jobs that just have keywords that match your search, but the job is not actually what you are looking for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LinkedIn?

Original review: June 1, 2017

I made an account and it was simple to find job listings with my desired title, industry and location. I have used LinkedIn to apply for 3 of my previous employers. At first glance it looks similar to Facebook. I enjoyed the look & layout of LinkedIn. It is easy to navigate through jobs & profiles of companies & connections. However I wish it allowed users to build a more unique profile background or provide a more creative way to express their work. I did not want to pay for a membership to boost my profile. My connections & work experience should be able to do that on their own.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I have made an account and I use the site to read about career tips, resume building and just the random articles that they post. I do from time to time search for job listings. I like that it is more than just job listings. I like that I can follow people and subscribe to their blogs, get newsletters, job search tips. I also like that each individual can have their own page set up and personalize it. There is a lot of great information for professional jobs. I get a lot of great information from that site they always have great articles.

It's a great site but they should have information for people from every field. I see that LinkedIn is mostly for white-collar workers there isn't much for retail workers or factory workers... A lot of it is about office work. Filing, computer programs. There is a huge range of people that don't work in those fields that would probably still love to use the site and go there just to get discouraged that there isn't any info for them because they aren't professional enough.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I really enjoyed being able to make a profile that was similar to a resume where you can connect with businesses and possibly find your new career that best fits you. I did use the site to find employment opportunities within my field and was able to connect with a wide range of people within the industry which my degree is geared to. It was quite easy to navigate within the site. It was a pleasant experience.

Original review: May 29, 2017

I make a LinkedIn account and sometimes it is simple and sometimes it could be difficult to find job listings. I also use the site to apply to open positions. My resume is already on there. I like the connections that we have and they make with me and the login is pretty simple. However, I get career connects that sometimes don't match with my career choices. They send me people connections that don't match my profile and it doesn't update the resume all the time.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I do not like LinkedIn. It publicly displays your birthday... this feature made me question the relevancy of many of the features in the service and I also was being contacted by many noncareer contacts and former students so it didn't work for me. I was never informed of open positions and found that the contacts that were made irrelevant to my career. The site also requested additional information constantly and wanted to charge for additional features. However, there are many features like the discussion forums is a great way to help you keep up-to-date with industry developments, recently published professional literature and inform you of professional associations that may be of interest.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I made my own account in LinkedIn and it was simple. It is also easy to find job listings. I have not used the site to apply but I have looked at positions on LinkedIn. I like how it connects me with others that I know, gives me potential contacts of my friends and suggests new people to link me with as well. It also allows me to stay in contact with people I know and know what they are doing in life. It has been a simple website to use.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I do have a LinkedIn account. It was easy to setup. I like the extensive networking opportunities that allow people to connect with others in similar fields or with work colleagues without having to be friends with them on more personal social media sites. However, I don't like all of the notification I receive from LinkedIn about other people's work anniversaries but I'm sure I can turn that off. I have also noticed that the site's job listings aren't very good or are not updated in real time. I have never used it to apply for a job and I doubt I ever will unless they improve the job listing portion of the site.

Original review: May 26, 2017

The site gives a wide variety of contacts for different careers. Also has a lot of information on different job opportunities and it's easy to apply for all the different jobs that you want to apply for and get your name and experience out to multiple employers. It's a little confusing but the more you use it the easier It becomes to find the jobs your looking for and to help build your career search and expand your searches. I've applied to several different jobs and it has became easier to find jobs the more I use the site.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I opened an account because of genealogy because someone had sent me an invitation to their family history. After awhile I did use the site for a local job search, but never found anything close to home. Since I lived is such a small town, remote area there was not very many jobs around here, however there were a good many about 40 miles away which was too far for me to drive. There should be more posts. The site could tie into local newspapers in each area. That way people could see what is out there in their areas.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I like how you can network on LinkedIn. I know people who have got jobs just from knowing people on there. I do have an account though I haven't really been as active as I could be on this site. I haven't really actively searched for a job on there, just kind of networked. It's not hard. I've used it to look at people who I have interviews with and stuff. However, I hate how if you go on someone's page that they can see. It alerts them and I think that's weird. You can't look at anyone's profile without them knowing.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I opened my own LinkedIn account and it is simple to use. It was very easy to find job listings. Plus, I receive notification when others in the network post information/questions. It's tied to others who may be important in the job search network. The only thing that I am concerned about is the privacy in which information is posted and stored. I wonder at times if the information posted by others is really coming from that person.

Original review: May 22, 2017

It was easy to create an account in LinkedIn. I like the opportunity to upload a resume and create a profile using it. Also, I like the ability to share the resume with other employment sites. This allow you to be more proactive in job search because potential employers and recruiters can view your profile and resume without you applying for a job. It was also easy to search for job listings and you can apply for a job posting by clicking a few buttons. I was satisfied with the process. The only issue is that only like cited resources are available for free and you have to get a paid membership to access everything.

Original review: May 21, 2017

This site is simple. Everything is great and straightforward. It's very easy to use. The features that I like about it are that you can "connect" with people and see who they are connected to. That has to be the best feature. Also being able to apply to such jobs right within the site is fantastic. I did make an account and it was very simple to begin the job search. Applying for positions was easy as well. It does what it says!

Original review: May 20, 2017

I like the comprehensive way the website is designed in terms of the information it provides. It makes it easy for keeping in touch and networking within your career interest parameters. In addition, it allows a person to know where that individual has worked and the experience they have under their belt! Overall, I like the website though I wish there was a way to block from certain individuals if you want to. But it seems once your profile is out there - anyone and everyone that chooses to can see it. I would like that feature to work differently! I used to be on it but due to this - I am not now. I have found that the "Indeed" website is more useful and I can prevent those that I don't want to see my stuff from seeing it. I have personally known three people that have put false credentials on the website which to me - watered down those of us with an education and credentials.

Original review: May 19, 2017

LinkedIn pairs me with jobs that best fit my career profile. For instance, if you find that you have a lot of history in physical fitness, it will pair you with jobs that are within the physical fitness industry. It is definitely user friendly and highly recommended!! First you have to sign up for an account. You develop an online resume and attach your picture and skills to it. Then you find people both within and outside of your network and add them to your LinkedIn network allowing you to search for different types of jobs. However, I think that LinkedIn gets a certain type of stigma because it is correlated to that of Facebook. Yes, it is a social media application but it does much more than Facebook whereby in a sense you have an opportunity to network with other professionals rather than see what your friends made for dinner that night.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I have an account and have been a member for about five years. It is simple to find places that are looking for experienced professionals and where to submit a resume. I have not had to use the site to apply for a position as I am firmly entrenched in a position within my preferred career field. However, it is a great way to network and meet new people who share the same career as yourself. I have met a number of people who have similar work experience to myself and are exploring a second career. I will need a second career at the age of 49 and this is a great way to find it. I personally have no complaints about this website. I have learned much about what I can do after my first career is complete. This website is doing exactly what it was meant to. The only thing is that some people use this as a way to find a relationship or find a life companion, which is a bit ridiculous.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I use them to form relationships with companies and find out where is hiring. I do my hardcore job searches elsewhere but I like the networking tools that LinkedIn has. It opens up more opportunities for me to connect with people and see what careers are out there and thriving. I've made new friends on there and like that we have a common career goal. But I feel like LinkedIn is lacking in a lot of areas when it comes to connecting you with employers. Also, I would like it if they wouldn't charge for some features. If I don't have a job shouldn't you guys be in the business of helping me. Charging for certain features isn't the best approach, I mean unless you need the cash as a company but it isn't helping job searchers. LinkedIn is just for those looking to move up the corporate ladder.

Original review: May 15, 2017

There was no account needed for the site. One can bring a resume on the site for places to see and contact me. If the site asks for my survey then it opens an account. It is pretty simple to find job listings on the site. I like that one can state what they want to go into and where in order to find a good job. For example I state marketing in Chanhassen and it gives a list of all the jobs in the same city and nearby cities. The jobs and places can be changed depending on interests and qualifications. However, I dislike that I enter a place and not many list of jobs in that city comes up. For example I enter in a job and Chanhassen and all the places that come up are not in Chanhassen, but other nearby cities.

LinkedIn Company Information