1.37/5

150 PeopleReady Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 9, 2019

My son and I moved to South Central Oregon to leave behind domestic violence.. The closest PeopleReady was about 85 miles away. It was our only option at the moment. We went in to start application process. They had lost all our info so we had to start over. They knew we had to travel a ways to get there. We were asked to come back to finish. I told them I had to go bury my Father (a Korean war vet) and I'd be back in a week or so.

I come back and they threw out our applications again. Treated horribly by the guy "'Cause it was Friday and payout was in 2 hours" and he didn't have time to hand us a laptop so we could finish our app. After throwing his fit, he gave us the laptop.. while he visits the guys that come in, I asked for help and again got the "fit". He made a phone call and a lady called my phone from another town to help me, while the guy continued to "visit" his friend.

I was told to come back the following Tuesday. I did, and was told I'd have to come back because the whole staff needed to close down the shop to go evaluate a job site.. I just used the last of my gas money and 2 hours of driving to come in to work just to be turned away. I filled out a application on the JobStack app. Called the office because my job alerts were for the wrong city. I called the office 2 times that week to confirm and correct these things, left messages in detail and no one had called back. My son and I have loads of experience and honest hard working people that could have done PeopleReady very well. These people aren't ready, and deserve to be shut down!! Oh and we've found jobs on our own.. without the headache or abuse from PeopleReady.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Holly at the Largo FL office was very helpful with all my questions. They was willing to go the extra mile of finding what job can suit my best interest. I had problems trying to finish the application on my phone and couldn't figure it out and the ladies at the Largo FL office continued to help me until we got it done. Thank you so much and continue to be the best. Y'all are great and I'm giving that location 5 stars.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I have been working for PeopleReady since 2013 in three states. Never had any complaints of my work ethics. I am now working for PeopleReady in Manchester NH. They called themselves punishing me by not giving access to the JobStack app because I called off one job. I am not a fifth grader, and should not be treated as a child who doesn't know any better. I am a Graduate student that holds a Master Degree. I believe that Corporate should hold these offices accountable for their unethical practices by requiring Recruiters and Management to continuous training on professionalism and all the practices of which they lack thereof.

Original review: May 4, 2019

PeopleReady.com is the most UNETHICAL and DECEPTIVE COMPANY I've ever dealt with. Their business practice is also highly illegal. I booked them to help unpack a truck in Tucson Arizona. I was quoted $26.99 an hour, 4 hour minimum, 2 man minimum, a bit over $200. HOWEVER, these scammers immediately took $500 directly out of my account, with NO NOTIFICATION and NO PERMISSION. That is ILLEGAL!

Calls to their office resulting in several "Sorry, that's our policy." statements but no apologies. They said it would take 2-3 days to process a refund of the balance. I believe that this policy is in place intentionally, so that they can increase their reported bookings and revenue to the SEC, thereby propping up their stock price. This is ALSO ILLEGAL. The two men were to arrive at 10am. One did, the other did not show up until 10:35am. They did a decent job once they arrived. WARNING: I do not recommend doing business with these scammers.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Walked in and right of the bat. "Oh we have like 3-4 companies looking for the skill set you have. Shouldn't have any problems finding work." Never heard 1 word from them after they took all my info. Called 2 weeks later like what's up? Answer, "Oh yeah. We can't connect with any companies for your skill set." WHAT THE HECK. TOTAL B.S. RUN. RUN. RUN. TOTAL JOKE. Downers Grove IL Andrew **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PeopleReady?

Original review: April 8, 2019

I will preface this complaint by saying this: I've been working for PeopleReady since October, and have never had a client complain about me or my work. I have been asked to come back on repeated occasions by clients because of my work ethic. With that being said, I was on a repeat job for an outlet mall in my area this past weekend. Unfortunately, a few of the other employees on the job with me decided to steal from the stores we were working in. They of course were caught, and now I have been terminated from PeopleReady altogether, even though I was not a part of the stealing.

The branch stated that there was no way to prove I was not one of the people stealing, but there are cameras located in every store, which would easily prove that I was not stealing. The branch stated they would not check cameras nor would they contact the original client the job was for, to investigate the situation fully. They have also stated there may be criminal charges filed against everyone on that particular job ticket, including me. This is definitely not professional when there are cameras that will show exactly who stole.

Now, my family (wife and 2 young kids) will have to sleep in our vehicle until I find another place of employment. This job was keeping us from complete homelessness, and now, because of someone else's mistake, I am put in a horrible position. This is unacceptable in every sense of the word. If I cannot get this resolved, and am not offered my job back at PR, I will be seeking legal counsel regarding this matter. I am an honest, hard-working man with a family to take care of, and I will not stand for this. Either fully investigate the situation or my legal team will do it on my behalf, while recovering lost wages in the process.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

As soon as I walked in I got an ugly vibe and rude questions... What I want and I don't know what it talking about is what I got from older woman then the not much younger woman was rude too, by saying they do not help with safety equipment but day before told me to ask and I could use it???

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Okay let me start with this temp agency should be investigated by the BBB for shady practices and clearly exploiting their employees. Like I used to love working for "Labor Ready" back in 2013. When I first started work here they would pay me every day using direct deposit onto a cash card. But with a catch - every damn job is literally back breaking and just downright menial work most of the time. Also the pay was horrible. Like you would work for 9 hours and make like 63 dollars after taxes ** you every pay period. The people who work for this company are ** greedy and make you feel like a damn outcast when you ask them to pay you on time. All they do is sit a ** desk and input our hours, take phone calls and pay us out with attitude and make you feel like a burden.

Also the so called jobs will send you 50 plus miles from where you're located to make under minimum wage like 11.50/hr. You'll spend like 20 on gas that day and have like 40 bucks after working almost 10 hours. PeopleReady is a big ** joke. You guys change your name to make it seem like you're helping "people". But you treat them same people like crap every day. Anyone who has worked for them understand what I mean.

Use PeopleReady only to connect to real job because they will ** you in long-term when you have back problems and car troubles from all the driving and laborious work they put on you. This company will break you literally. I rather work minimum wage at fast food restaurant than ever work this company again. I DON'T RECOMMEND ANYBODY WORK THIS COMPANY ANYMORE. Too much shady ** has been going on with them down to the dispatchers and being paid fairly and on time. None benefits just another number. You guys literally make money off the employees by taking it off the top of their pay. Sick. SMH.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Don't ever go to work for this company. They only screw you over then punish you for their mistakes. My girlfriend worked 40 hours but was only paid for 16. That's something she has a right to be angry and inquire about but yet we were both fired when she emailed them about her missing hours. She was accused of having a negative attitude. How do you expect someone to act when you steal their hard earned money and punish them for something you did just because they were smart enough to notice and ask you why? This company is clearly nothing but a huge scam and the people working in the office are the laziest, rudest and dumbest people you will ever meet.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Went from a 5 star rating to a 2: I have been work on and off for this company for almost 12 yrs. I worked every job even if it was horrible. I broke a rib working and never said anything to the branch about it and went back to work the next day in pain. I always get a good rating and requests to come back. The last job I took started at 10 dollars and by the next day without notice I was paid 10 an hour for the first day and the next day it dropped to 8.50 so I worked that day and never came back to people ready. Well now I'm ready to go back only to find out my rating was dropped to 2 which kicks me off job stack. I really think somebody at the office dropped my rating on purpose. Every time I show up I don't get a job now. Someone really needs to check out why people are being purged from working at PeopleReady for no apparent reason at all... I am on SSI and can't work that much so this was a blessing turned into a nightmare... Branch1358 Kissimmee, Fl.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Updated on 12/19/2018: I had accepted a job assignment from Jobstack with a local branch. I later received a call asking me to drop that assignment and go with their assignment instead. At first I agreed but then I changed my mind and decided to go back to my original assignment. The branch in Jersey City decided to retaliate and have since blocked my app. Turns out that the branch I worked for has yet to pay me. In addition, I worked for a PeopleReady in Newburgh, NY. That was in March and they never paid me. This company needs to be revamped. I'm sure all their branches are not bad but a majority may be. They pay you whenever they feel like it. They need to be investigated.

Original Review: I was a regular at PeopleReady. I sent on a lot of jobs. Sometimes I got my jobs from JobStack. Then all of a sudden one day I check the JobStack App on my phone and I see the following message on my phone: "You are currently unable to view jobs in Jobstack. Please contact your local branch to discuss possible assignments." I call the Jersey City office and someone says, "It's because your phone is not working." Yes, but my phone has WIFI and that's all you need for Jobstack to check for Jobs and confirm them. I have already contacted the NJ Department of Labor to file a complaint.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Pretty much had a job. The lady told me it was mine, and all I had to do was show up for work. She got me started on the paperwork and then came this "Integrity Test." The test said answer the questions honestly, so I did. I FAILED. Apparently only about 10% of people fail this test, and I'm one of the lucky 10%. This infuriates me. I'm 51 years old, have held a DoD issued Secret clearance most of my adult life, and I failed some stupid software test!!? I asked what grounds I was deemed "ineligible" and the staff couldn't answer the question. I was actually drinking a cup of coffee and was so shocked I wanted to finish my coffee before I left. The guy said, "...no, take it with you." JC, like I was gonna turn into Mr. Hyde and start desecrating the place. In short, what you have to do is LIE to answer questions on the Integrity Test. Wow, if that isn't just something!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have been trying to get paid now for a 10 1/2 hour flagging job that took place going on four days ago, ridiculous!! If management cannot do their job they should be relieved of their duties. I would not recommend PeopleReady to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I understand that temporary jobs are not always the best. But it got to the point where I was actually not being paid for jobs or being paid less for a job that I was initially informed. At the end of the day this is still a business and they were highly unprofessional. Would not recommend this for anybody.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

PeopleReady branch locations lack accountability. Most are allowed to run wild and do whatever they want to different people. Diversify the Branches and we'll see the true magnitude of what's really been going on. Trust me, it's worse than you think. I was hoping JobStack application would limit the amount of prejudice and favoritism that exists throughout, but it only created/fostered new levels of deceit. Branches now use (abuse) the Text alert system to act on their prejudices. They even state in the text message "Not" to accept jobs on JobStack until you talk to them first. I thought the ratings system helped to eliminate individuals who had poor performance. So why the need to call the branches before accepting a Job?

PeopleReady says there is no need for concern with Retaliation when you politely and professionally address these issues. ***SPOILER ALERT*** WRONG. Tier 1 Status with great reviews from employers yet My JobStack was temporarily suspended and I've been removed from most Text Alerts. Only receiving those that are low paying and horrible environments. So so exhausted with PeopleReady as a whole along with the individuals they put in charge of a lot of the branches. True Leadership starts from the top. So if you put a person in charge with no genuine sense of integrity or sincere conviction as to who they represent (PeopleReady) this is the end result.

A perpetuation of the same behavior or even worse because it is accepted and tolerated. It's the ongoing theme of "business as usual." It Needs To Stop. Purge the branches and revive the business model and culture that was intended from the beginning. :-( I'm so Sad right now. Posting with tears??? in my eyes. I used to love and admire PeopleReady as a brand but over the years they have morphed into something I don't even recognize. Please fix this PeopleReady. I know you can if you're willing to face the fact that there is indeed a problem. Please help save what's left of the values PeopleReady had. Coming from a sincere place.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Called at 7:00 am to see if I could get 3 people to move furniture, needed at 9:00 am the same day. I am 60 yrs. young with a bad knee. At 9:46 am. a young man shows up in flip flops with his boots in his hand, by this time I am over halfway finished unloading the trailer. I sent him back to his office. It’s now 10:06 am. Haven’t seen or heard from anyone at PeopleReady? I have a National account with PeopleReady, I pay my bill to them on time. If they would have said we don’t have anyone available for 9:00 am or we can get them there later than 9:00 am I would have understood. A phone call would have been nice.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I got a call today telling me I was going to be fired the next time I didn't call my branch office about leaving a customer job site and Yes I haven't worked for the Sherman branch in over 1 1-2 yrs and I never got papers to sign and to read or special instructions. And some personnel called me being outright rude and disrespectful and wasn't concerned at all. And her name was Kel is all I'm told and when you call the branch Nobody says, "Thank you for calling PeopleReady. How can I help you." And they Never say "This is such and such. How can I be of assistance." They should be more caring.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Don't bother applying to this company, they are very rude, and racists. They have taken me off of 2 job assignments that should have lasted 3 weeks. The so called app is garbage. It's a way for a lazy office person to be able to give their ** friends a job that a ** skilled man has already signed up in advance for and accepted the job.

The few times I've worked I had to give others a ride and of course they are always claiming to be broke so they can ride free. Then they have the nerve to ask you to take them to the store the first break you get. One guy even said to another in the car "YOU UNDERSTAND BEING BROKE CAUSE YOU'RE **". WTF. Are people still this ignorant! I was broke before that spoiled brat was born.

You will get bumped off all of your jobs when it rains if you're **. They are racists bad, don't waste your gas or time. You will be disappointed. They got more games to play on you than Disney World. Labor Finders in Greensboro is not like that. Neither are the other 2 pay daily places. If you are dumb enough to go there thinking you are different or desperate and have no choice remember they don't care. By the way the people riding with me (all **) got their money immediately while it took 5 hours or even days to get paid. I have more ** friends than any other and I wouldn't recommend it to them either. They will take advantage of you if you have a car, I drove 30 miles each way and they do not pay mileage as advertised.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Poor customer service from branch 1466BR. I would never go back! I took work completing four days total. The job I worked for have NOTHING but nice things to say about me and the person I referred and agreed we did our job above expectations! PeopleReady stated the job paid one pay but after the first day the pay was lowered WITHOUT NOTICE as well as the opportunity to either accept or deny the job and the explanation I was given was and I quote “well that wasn’t even our job. We took it to help out another branch and everyone was notified of the change in rate.” When I ask how was everyone notified since I check my email, the app and call logs daily and I wasn’t notified the manager Zoraida ignored my questions as if I didn’t even speak and dismissed me as if I was a bother. The staff Desiree and Jarrel act very rude and speak ghetto with attitude when they feel as if they don’t like something a client says.

I had to call and go to the office multiple times because when I signed up I was told I would be paid daily (not that I have a problem being paid weekly) but when you are told one thing and have to wait over a week for your money it comes off unprofessional. I was told I don’t know how things work so I don’t know what I’m talking about regarding payroll. After I explained I used to own and operate my own business and then explained his job to him he didn’t even apologize to me for speaking in such an unprofessional manner. I also overheard a staff member Omar state to a client while I was in the office filling out my application and then was told by the same staff member that there was a one hundred dollar referral bonus. When the person I referred there asked Jarrel about it he was ignored and then Jarrel turned to me and said, "Tell him to sit down as."

There are hundreds of staff agencies in the Hudson county area and they will all be getting my business in the future. Clients like me are the reason staff agency have a job in the first place. I have over twenty years in customer service background and the way I was treated is not the way I would treat even the most irate customer. I would not recommend this branch to anyone unless you want to be lied to cheated and unpaid in an unprofessional manner!

Original review: July 9, 2018

One of the PeopleReady branches sent out a text looking for several employees to do a store reset overnights at several Central and Eastern Massachusetts locations of a well known chain store. In the original text message, the wage offered for the job is $16.28 per hour. The very next day the wage offered was lowered to only $14 per hour for the exact same job.

I had been told by a former recruiter that the agency permits recruiters to pocket the difference for each/every worker they can get to accept lower wages. I'm assuming this practice is legal (?) but it is clearly deceptive and disrespectful toward all workers (who are far more valuable than the one recruiter just sitting all day at a desk sending text messages). I think all companies who are considering hiring workers through PeopleReady (or any daily pay temp agency) should know about these "day labor" agencies' wage abuses. Please hire your temporary employees through other, more reputable agencies.

Original review: July 4, 2018

So this seems like a common theme after reading these reviews. OBVIOUSLY THEY NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO FIX THIS!!! THIS IS THE SECOND TIME MY HUSBAND HAS NOT BEEN PAID ON TIME. I have auto bills and our account has been over-drafted because of PeopeReady! How can such a well known huge company be so disorganized? Get it together.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Schenectady, NY - They mixed up my husband's bank info on the 7th and we went to go fix it and they said it will take 5 days to fix it. Here it is going on w weeks and nobody can tell us where the money is or even answer the phone. Filed a complaint with corporate and department of labor. Next might look into filing a lawsuit. It has caused us a major financial burden and stress.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Glendale Arizona - Absolutely horrible with taking care of their employees and their pay!!! This is the 3rd time in the last week that the branch has delayed my pay on time. Corporate has to step in and do their part. If someone is overwhelmed and accepting work orders too large to accommodate their employees' pay on time? That is a issue! I now have to go pawn some of my personal items to make ends meet! Ridiculous!! 3rd time this has happened in the past week!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I had applied for a position at PeopleReady for a staffing agent and was contacted by Corina asking me to come in at 1 pm the next day. I arrived at 12:50 on Wed. I was asked to have a set and was told Corrina would be with me in just a minute. At 1:10 pm Corina comes out of her office and takes a man who had been there when I came in and told me she would be with me in a minute. At 1:40 pm Corina still had not come out of her office and I could hear loud laughing coming out of her office. She nor anyone else let me know they was sorry for the wait. I got up went to one of the girls told her my appointment was supposed to be at 1 pm and it was now 1:40 and I was leaving. She said ok and turned her back on me. I suggest if you're looking for a job you go to another agency if you want to work as this agency does not care about giving good service.

Original review: May 3, 2018

So I have been using PeopleReady for 3 winter seasons now, back when it was Labor Ready. And back when they actually had tickets to give out. And for 6 spring and summer seasons I'm head farmer and landscaper. Average workweek for me during the summer months are 90 hour weeks plus the houses I caretake for. So what I'm getting at is I'm a damn hard worker and normally work circles around anyone near me. You would think this is a good thing, but with this branch in Bangor, ME, it's not the case. It took me till this winter for anyone of the 4 in that office to know me by name, and it's because unless you cause trouble they don't care to know you. I swear if they would stop letting these drunks and methheads keep working, they would stop losing tickets. And then they'll blow your phone up when someone else is screwing up, unless it pertains to me, I don't appreciate being spoken down to whether it's face to face or text.

Right now I had a good ticket, was told it* 5 was long, Mon through Friday, got transportation out there, yadayada. Well for one it got pushed out almost 2 wks before we finally got on site, then we get there and are told it's more like a 9 wk to a year ticket depending on how many bridges get ordered, while there they got another one to make a total of 3 bridges for the summer. Had they started when they were supposed to and was for the duration they said it was to be it would have been fine. But my thinking is after my first day I should give this to another person because I can't dedicate the time with my 2 other full time summer jobs. Well today is my 98-yr-old grandmother's funeral, and I wasn't going to be able to make it in, I thought I could work till noon to get home and dresses but would have had to hitchhike home, so go to tell them in the office at 725 am to find it all locked up.

Told them through text that I couldn't get in but their service won't let me send any more than a few words or it denies the destination, so in return they tell me they have to replace me. Well I asked for an email so I could always explain what's going on but nope, got no response back. And I'll get retaliation from this. It's how it works down there, unless you're dating one of the office people or a favorite of theirs. I go and I do my job as well as the work of 4 other people, if I have to hear one more time I'm not getting paid to be my best or fast I'd go insane.

I'm now looking into going through Bonnie Staffing or Maine Staffing because it is the most unprofessional place I've worked for. Plus they can't keep customers, now it's picking up but they've lost some big money tickets and about to lose a few more because they don't care. You're just a number filling a slot. The few that are trying to make a living are stuck with the stigma that we're all lazy drug addicted thieves until we can prove them wrong. So if you're smart you'll look elsewhere if you're trying to survive.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I applied for this company for a job as a sign holder. I am a College student working on my BA in Criminal justice and about to finish in 2 months and need a job, after completing and Registering an account and My Work Habits test as part of the application process. I get an email that "At this time we do not have a position that matches your skills, experience and/or work habits. You are eligible to re-apply for work again in 12 months". What skills and experience do I need to hold a sign. This makes no sense. The Work Habits test states that you should be honest, and it makes no sense because I completed the test honestly. I do not steal, or drink or do drugs, and this all seems like because I have a college degree that I cannot get work. This company needs to be shut down for falsely denying a jobs to people that need it.

Original review: March 27, 2018

If I come to your office looking for work and you say I have work starting 12 hour shifts and I decided to agree and I asked you when will we get paid then you say Monday and I said OK. Then Monday arrive and I don't get paid. We have a problem. Don't expect me to continue working for you and you can't pay my salary in a speedy manner. They had the nerve to call asked me to come back to work. That's a foolish idea. Pay me my 57 hours of work and then I May consider going back to work. We'll see what Tuesday. I'll call Shelby.

Original review: March 10, 2018

PeopleReady in Jersey City do not care for their clients one bit. Because of their laziness I do not get paid until late Friday evening. I live week to week and need to have access to MY money at a reasonable time. When I try and address this issue with them they are rude and do not care. It's very upsetting to me how these people generally don't care. And I really do not want anything to do with them anymore. I'm going to try and go through another agency. In closing they are the most unprofessional agency I have ever worked for.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I have used LaborReady/PeopleReady on and off for almost 18 years. Never once a complaint about me. Worked last ticket for 3 months. Have worked ticket for last two years in a row even was lead for PeopleReady last time I was there. The current lead was sexually harassing female employees and the females felt uncomfortable and told me so. I said something to lead. So then last night of ticket was told I could leave early so when I did so I got DNR and lead told branch I had verbal conflict with another employee and was suspended for a week. So feeling convicted for something I did not do I didn't return for a month and a half. Now upon returning today they inform me I have been put on the inactive list. I feel my rights have been violated.

Resolution response: Jan. 29, 2018

Issue resolved

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

This has got one of the worst temp agencies around. Apparently it's okay to send people out on jobs that don't exist I was sent on an assignment in another state. When I got there the assistant manager of the place I was assigned to threw a fit because she wanted another employee that had been sent the previous day. She called the branch that sent me out there to work and started whining about how she wanted the other person. As it turned out I was told, "Oh I am so sorry." There was a mixup and that I wouldn't be needed. This after I drove 20 minutes to another state to work 'cause these people had a fit. I was not happy and told the assistant manager that this was a joke. I tried to call the office and have gotten no answer or call back. This is one of the most unorganized temp services I have ever seen.

PeopleReady Company Information