1.39/5
Based on 127 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

133 PeopleReady Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I got a call today telling me I was going to be fired the next time I didn't call my branch office about leaving a customer job site and Yes I haven't worked for the Sherman branch in over 1 1-2 yrs and I never got papers to sign and to read or special instructions. And some personnel called me being outright rude and disrespectful and wasn't concerned at all. And her name was Kel is all I'm told and when you call the branch Nobody says, "Thank you for calling PeopleReady. How can I help you." And they Never say "This is such and such. How can I be of assistance." They should be more caring.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Poor customer service from branch 1466BR. I would never go back! I took work completing four days total. The job I worked for have NOTHING but nice things to say about me and the person I referred and agreed we did our job above expectations! PeopleReady stated the job paid one pay but after the first day the pay was lowered WITHOUT NOTICE as well as the opportunity to either accept or deny the job and the explanation I was given was and I quote “well that wasn’t even our job. We took it to help out another branch and everyone was notified of the change in rate.” When I ask how was everyone notified since I check my email, the app and call logs daily and I wasn’t notified the manager Zoraida ignored my questions as if I didn’t even speak and dismissed me as if I was a bother. The staff Desiree and Jarrel act very rude and speak ghetto with attitude when they feel as if they don’t like something a client says.

I had to call and go to the office multiple times because when I signed up I was told I would be paid daily (not that I have a problem being paid weekly) but when you are told one thing and have to wait over a week for your money it comes off unprofessional. I was told I don’t know how things work so I don’t know what I’m talking about regarding payroll. After I explained I used to own and operate my own business and then explained his job to him he didn’t even apologize to me for speaking in such an unprofessional manner. I also overheard a staff member Omar state to a client while I was in the office filling out my application and then was told by the same staff member that there was a one hundred dollar referral bonus. When the person I referred there asked Jarrel about it he was ignored and then Jarrel turned to me and said, "Tell him to sit down as."

There are hundreds of staff agencies in the Hudson county area and they will all be getting my business in the future. Clients like me are the reason staff agency have a job in the first place. I have over twenty years in customer service background and the way I was treated is not the way I would treat even the most irate customer. I would not recommend this branch to anyone unless you want to be lied to cheated and unpaid in an unprofessional manner!

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2018

One of the PeopleReady branches sent out a text looking for several employees to do a store reset overnights at several Central and Eastern Massachusetts locations of a well known chain store. In the original text message, the wage offered for the job is $16.28 per hour. The very next day the wage offered was lowered to only $14 per hour for the exact same job.

I had been told by a former recruiter that the agency permits recruiters to pocket the difference for each/every worker they can get to accept lower wages. I'm assuming this practice is legal (?) but it is clearly deceptive and disrespectful toward all workers (who are far more valuable than the one recruiter just sitting all day at a desk sending text messages). I think all companies who are considering hiring workers through PeopleReady (or any daily pay temp agency) should know about these "day labor" agencies' wage abuses. Please hire your temporary employees through other, more reputable agencies.

Original review: July 4, 2018

So this seems like a common theme after reading these reviews. OBVIOUSLY THEY NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO FIX THIS!!! THIS IS THE SECOND TIME MY HUSBAND HAS NOT BEEN PAID ON TIME. I have auto bills and our account has been over-drafted because of PeopeReady! How can such a well known huge company be so disorganized? Get it together.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Schenectady, NY - They mixed up my husband's bank info on the 7th and we went to go fix it and they said it will take 5 days to fix it. Here it is going on w weeks and nobody can tell us where the money is or even answer the phone. Filed a complaint with corporate and department of labor. Next might look into filing a lawsuit. It has caused us a major financial burden and stress.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PeopleReady?

Original review: May 30, 2018

Glendale Arizona - Absolutely horrible with taking care of their employees and their pay!!! This is the 3rd time in the last week that the branch has delayed my pay on time. Corporate has to step in and do their part. If someone is overwhelmed and accepting work orders too large to accommodate their employees' pay on time? That is a issue! I now have to go pawn some of my personal items to make ends meet! Ridiculous!! 3rd time this has happened in the past week!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I had applied for a position at PeopleReady for a staffing agent and was contacted by Corina asking me to come in at 1 pm the next day. I arrived at 12:50 on Wed. I was asked to have a set and was told Corrina would be with me in just a minute. At 1:10 pm Corina comes out of her office and takes a man who had been there when I came in and told me she would be with me in a minute. At 1:40 pm Corina still had not come out of her office and I could hear loud laughing coming out of her office. She nor anyone else let me know they was sorry for the wait. I got up went to one of the girls told her my appointment was supposed to be at 1 pm and it was now 1:40 and I was leaving. She said ok and turned her back on me. I suggest if you're looking for a job you go to another agency if you want to work as this agency does not care about giving good service.

Original review: May 3, 2018

So I have been using PeopleReady for 3 winter seasons now, back when it was Labor Ready. And back when they actually had tickets to give out. And for 6 spring and summer seasons I'm head farmer and landscaper. Average workweek for me during the summer months are 90 hour weeks plus the houses I caretake for. So what I'm getting at is I'm a damn hard worker and normally work circles around anyone near me. You would think this is a good thing, but with this branch in Bangor, ME, it's not the case. It took me till this winter for anyone of the 4 in that office to know me by name, and it's because unless you cause trouble they don't care to know you. I swear if they would stop letting these drunks and methheads keep working, they would stop losing tickets. And then they'll blow your phone up when someone else is screwing up, unless it pertains to me, I don't appreciate being spoken down to whether it's face to face or text.

Right now I had a good ticket, was told it* 5 was long, Mon through Friday, got transportation out there, yadayada. Well for one it got pushed out almost 2 wks before we finally got on site, then we get there and are told it's more like a 9 wk to a year ticket depending on how many bridges get ordered, while there they got another one to make a total of 3 bridges for the summer. Had they started when they were supposed to and was for the duration they said it was to be it would have been fine. But my thinking is after my first day I should give this to another person because I can't dedicate the time with my 2 other full time summer jobs. Well today is my 98-yr-old grandmother's funeral, and I wasn't going to be able to make it in, I thought I could work till noon to get home and dresses but would have had to hitchhike home, so go to tell them in the office at 725 am to find it all locked up.

Told them through text that I couldn't get in but their service won't let me send any more than a few words or it denies the destination, so in return they tell me they have to replace me. Well I asked for an email so I could always explain what's going on but nope, got no response back. And I'll get retaliation from this. It's how it works down there, unless you're dating one of the office people or a favorite of theirs. I go and I do my job as well as the work of 4 other people, if I have to hear one more time I'm not getting paid to be my best or fast I'd go insane.

I'm now looking into going through Bonnie Staffing or Maine Staffing because it is the most unprofessional place I've worked for. Plus they can't keep customers, now it's picking up but they've lost some big money tickets and about to lose a few more because they don't care. You're just a number filling a slot. The few that are trying to make a living are stuck with the stigma that we're all lazy drug addicted thieves until we can prove them wrong. So if you're smart you'll look elsewhere if you're trying to survive.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I applied for this company for a job as a sign holder. I am a College student working on my BA in Criminal justice and about to finish in 2 months and need a job, after completing and Registering an account and My Work Habits test as part of the application process. I get an email that "At this time we do not have a position that matches your skills, experience and/or work habits. You are eligible to re-apply for work again in 12 months". What skills and experience do I need to hold a sign. This makes no sense. The Work Habits test states that you should be honest, and it makes no sense because I completed the test honestly. I do not steal, or drink or do drugs, and this all seems like because I have a college degree that I cannot get work. This company needs to be shut down for falsely denying a jobs to people that need it.

Original review: March 27, 2018

If I come to your office looking for work and you say I have work starting 12 hour shifts and I decided to agree and I asked you when will we get paid then you say Monday and I said OK. Then Monday arrive and I don't get paid. We have a problem. Don't expect me to continue working for you and you can't pay my salary in a speedy manner. They had the nerve to call asked me to come back to work. That's a foolish idea. Pay me my 57 hours of work and then I May consider going back to work. We'll see what Tuesday. I'll call Shelby.

Original review: March 10, 2018

PeopleReady in Jersey City do not care for their clients one bit. Because of their laziness I do not get paid until late Friday evening. I live week to week and need to have access to MY money at a reasonable time. When I try and address this issue with them they are rude and do not care. It's very upsetting to me how these people generally don't care. And I really do not want anything to do with them anymore. I'm going to try and go through another agency. In closing they are the most unprofessional agency I have ever worked for.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I have used LaborReady/PeopleReady on and off for almost 18 years. Never once a complaint about me. Worked last ticket for 3 months. Have worked ticket for last two years in a row even was lead for PeopleReady last time I was there. The current lead was sexually harassing female employees and the females felt uncomfortable and told me so. I said something to lead. So then last night of ticket was told I could leave early so when I did so I got DNR and lead told branch I had verbal conflict with another employee and was suspended for a week. So feeling convicted for something I did not do I didn't return for a month and a half. Now upon returning today they inform me I have been put on the inactive list. I feel my rights have been violated.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

This has got one of the worst temp agencies around. Apparently it's okay to send people out on jobs that don't exist I was sent on an assignment in another state. When I got there the assistant manager of the place I was assigned to threw a fit because she wanted another employee that had been sent the previous day. She called the branch that sent me out there to work and started whining about how she wanted the other person. As it turned out I was told, "Oh I am so sorry." There was a mixup and that I wouldn't be needed. This after I drove 20 minutes to another state to work 'cause these people had a fit. I was not happy and told the assistant manager that this was a joke. I tried to call the office and have gotten no answer or call back. This is one of the most unorganized temp services I have ever seen.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Whereas I have been mildly satisfied with PeopleReady's new feature called "JobStack," I agree with other employees that assert a selectivity bias or favoritism during the process of receiving a confirmation for a specific job. What I am saying is, that once I select a job by indicating I want the job personnel from a branch may tell that job is for not available. On one occasion, I was told that a job that I had selected was for employees with a "return" request. Anyway, all the local branches operate with their own set of rules.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

When I first started working for People Ready, I would accept a job through the JobStack app. And PR would contact me and ask "how are you going to get your ticket?". A couple of times I accepted a job on the app. And the company didn't need any employees, drove almost an hour away and 5 months later find out they were supposed to pay me for going. As I stated earlier when I would accept a job on JobStack PR would contact me, if they didn't contact me and ask about how I was getting my ticket, I wasn't going to waste time and gas going to that job. I accepted jobs on JobStack and didn't receive a confirmation call or text so I didn't go; PR suspended me for 30 days. There's no communication, the office managers don't know what they are doing. They claim all offices are the same but they work differently. They have horrible attitudes and definitely need to get it together.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I've never seen a company who cares less about those who work for them. Don't they realize that we are the ones that earn the office staff their paychecks? Job descriptions rarely match up to what you are doing. They send the fit people out on easy jobs, but at the same time, they will send out someone who is shy of drawing SSI by a year to dig a ditch. The manager at the Grand Forks office stole $10 from me for a vest I didn't want. AVOID these people and hire the appropriate personnel you need.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I've been told there's a ** list there. I'm sure I'm on it. I was signed up for text alerts when I got paid, not getting it, and no response why. Sent out when customers didn't need me. Late because no hard hat. 1 hour late because staff showed up late to print my ticket. Job description doesn't match actual job duties. Check grossly wrong on multiple occasions... Etc.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

This is most definitely the worst temp service ever. They don't care what kind of jobs they send you on. They don't pay on time. You have to work like a slave for a li'l of nothing and they want You to drive almost out of town for the same pay. They rarely reimburse gas and they don't care about people going to work with bad hygiene. They want you to pay to carpool when they send you out. Half the time they don't have a place for you to park on the jobs they pick and choose workers and the workers they pick are sorry so it makes you have to work harder. I didn't even know they still have 7.50 an hour jobs. It's just way too much with this place. I guess that's why they have to keep a lot of crackheads around because nobody's sane going to go for all of this. They really should be reported and closed down.

Original review: June 1, 2017

You will do all the work but they will make all the money. This is the worst temp agency I've ever worked with... They don't pay on time... The jobs suck... and they charge 3 times what they are willing to pay you. They never want you to call and ask questions.

Original review: May 19, 2017

My husband has been working through Labor Ready for 2 years now. Let me tell you this has by far been the toughest 2 years in our lives. We arrive daily around 5:30 am to try to get work and time after time Marian the lady that handles the morning crew refuses to send out my husband. He will be 1-5 on the list and we watch her call in her favorite people for jobs and leave everyone else to sit. This morning we sat for 3 hours and saw countless Hispanics come in hours after we had been there and walk out with tickets. She was going to put my husband on a ticket because she had someone that didn't show up or call on a job the day before.

Instead of being fair to the people that had already been sitting hours she proceeds to call this man and give him time to get up there for work even though he no called no showed the day before. Guess what? He was Hispanic. I'm tired of the discrimination that is clearly happening here. If you're not one of this lasted favorite people of Hispanic there are no jobs for you here. I will be calling corporate although I doubt anything will be done. This place will not help you get ahead in life. It Will even put you in the poor house just trying to work.

Original review: May 5, 2017

They take forever to pay you! ** them! Go to another temp agency. They all pay you right away. Of course Labor Ready thinks it's the top of the line of all agencies, so why not be different and difficult? It's not like it used to be. They send your work hours into payroll, and payroll takes forever to pay. It can happen from 2 pm to 10 pm. I've heard of some people not getting paid at all defeating the entire purpose of claiming same day same pay. They're worse than anything. ** them! Go rob and steal, better for you...

Original review: April 5, 2017

I have worked for Labor Ready on and off ten years and the head of the Syracuse office (we will call him) has been there the whole time - he has always been rude and inefficient - he literally comes into office and does nothing and if you try to ask a question or have to ask for money they owe you, you may not get work for bothering this man. He sits in there and acts like a Work God or something and I personally have been on several jobs that require training and he will have you come in and sign your name on a document w/out actually having to do whatever test or training the customer paying for my service requires - It seems the organization is like this throughout the country? Everyone I talk to has same issues. So how are these people allowed to continue to do business this way? Seems like they should be out of business and in serious trouble? I think a class action lawsuit should be filed? Anyone know where to start?

Original review: March 28, 2017

Never a problem, great jobs, good pay, and ride friendly to jobs if you don't have own transportation. Good people to work for.

Original review: March 17, 2017

This is been going on for several months. Just keeps getting worse. It started out by I would sign up for auction the same time my friend would sign up and he would get called in for the auction but I went and but then they would send new people and I was experienced is this one for a while and so finally I took the same time I don't get new people for me. How does that work. Address it with the manager. I told her I have two important things. She scheduled an appointment with her. I go to the office and she's home for the day, does not say one word about the meeting. I really loss get paid every day, weekend get paid until Monday to get paid three to four times a day to try to get paid. The reason we do this job is because we need to get paid every day and we need to get money everyday that's why you take it I consider myself. They don't speak very educated. Half of a mental disability and other issues.

I certainly don't like calling in and having a ask to get paid every day 3 times 4 times a day do I get paid for half of the office until they pay me half the time. They say the hours I'm sitting right there when they're faxed over from the employer White Pages it's Friday and I come inside core 260 close at 6. I want to confirm the hours are going to pay me before you leave because I need the money and they're closed for weekend. So I call the manager on Sunday and tell her they did not pay me like they said they were and I need to get paid. Now she's mad because she has to go into the office on weekends to pay me. Who holds the said the manager says to me "You need to come into the office, do a compliance check for Darius at the auction." and I said why, is this the first time I've ever heard of this.

She said "You could just go in and Darius will explain it to you." then she text me an hour later and so just come in the office so I decide to the job never heard of it just like I thought. She had me do a drug test, said it was now required but I was the only one that had to take it, and probably one of the very few that is not on drugs? So manager is mad I passed. She obviously was trying to get me fired. But the job I work I basically got it by my performance and hard work not from Labor Ready that I made lots of money for that can't even pay you on time. Now I was threatened by the office staff because once again they are paying me when they feel like it, and lie to me and are constantly switching pay systems and time they will pay you daily without telling you.

Office said if I don't stop calling about getting paid I would not be going out on a job anymore. Are you serious. I go to my job without labor ready telling me I have worked out hours with employer labor ready only pays me when they feel like it. I worked Labor Day and New Year’s Day. I call office. They did not pay me holiday pay. It clearly states that people ready observes those as holidays. The labor ready office says "It's up to our discretion and we're not going to pay you." Are you kidding me. How unprofessional and so unappreciated of all the hours I work for them. They close down for one hour for lunch everyday! Are you kidding. What business closes for lunch. What a joke.

I consider myself one of the top employees with a brain that every employer will let me work as much as I want, treat me so disrespectful. Without us they would have nothing, and without the customer they will have nothing. A good business would treat their employees with respect and appreciate their work. It's only a matter of time and they will be no business. I think they changed names because all the bad name they had but changing their name will not save them. Employers think they are a joke and most of their people are drugies, felons. All the good people will be gone and none will want to hire who you have left from this. You can't treat people like that. Someone will stand up and word of mouth does big damage. That's just a bit of what I'm dealing with.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I worked for them for several months and still am. However, it's not been nearly two days since I worked and still am not paid. I needed items to repair my truck and when I was not paid on time, I had to use money I didn't have in my bank account (thus bouncing my account into the red). Now, I'm still not paid and every three days, $35 is taken out. What am I going to do when they stop taking money out of my account because the cap (around $200) has been reached? Will Labor Ready pay for it? No. But I will not work for them again if they do not offer to pay these fees. I will seek arbitration if it's not too expensive and if I can't do that, I will tell them to go do something to themselves I can't say here.

Original review: March 1, 2017

I worked for this company on a weekly pay ticket for a client/customer that I had no problems with. The client/customer was very nice and sent my pay information to PeopleReady on time. The problem is with PeopleReady! I am STILL waiting to be paid for work I did LAST WEEK! It is now Wednesday and I STILL haven't been paid! I have direct deposit instead of their Global pay card or whatever they call it because I don't want to pay for using the card. You would think that having your money directly deposited into your own back account would be easy but NOOO! I was told my money would be in my account on Monday--it wasn't. I was told it would be on Tuesday---it wasn't.

I finally went down to the PeopleReady office today (Wednesday) after finding out from my bank that my money was still not pending to be posted to my account. When I complained about it politely, I got treated rudely by some nasty, sarcastic woman who I won't name (she knows who she is) who told me I needed to be patient; that it would be ANOTHER 24-48 hours until I got paid; etc. I finally told her that's what she told me 3 days ago! I know this much: if I don't get my money by Friday, they will be hearing from my attorney! Evidently, if you don't use their pay card and instead choose direct deposit, you WON'T get paid on time. Do yourself a favor and spare yourself the hassle and find another temp agency to work for.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Head injury on job, first day, before 10:00 am Monday morning. The company that Labor Ready sent me to work for. A young man driving the big forklift carrying a pole the size of a telephone pole blindsided me in the head as I was walking to get out of the way further. Did not see it coming. On the ground, blood running down my face, the company did nothing. I called Labor Ready. The manager comes to job does nothing and leaves. Should have taken me to the hospital. I continue to work that day and the next. By this time I was in bad shape. Went to the ER, then Labor Ready to tell them, and were mad at me for going there and said I have to see their doctor, but they didn't want to send me at first. But finally did.

Doctor says I have a concussion. Labor Ready is trying to make do light duty work. And make me a offer of employment, and sign a paper. If I don't sign they say I cannot come there for work anymore. I don't go to work if am sick or have the flu. Why would I go to work with a head concussion??? I also had in the last wk, a couple of other job offers from better paying companies. Had had to turn them down. I shouldn't have went to work for this company. Labor Ready, a TrueBlue piece of dog doo.

Updated 3/11/2017 - Update, head injury. As I said in my first letter, was in ER, they said I had head concussion. Went to people ready doctors, then after they saw er report, then they said I had a concussion, and there was nothing they could do. But kept me coming to their, office, every week to ask questions. Gave me antidepressant pills and muscle relaxers, I didn't take it. They did not send me to get a CT, MRI, or anything, so I went again to er, to find out what was wrong with me, my head was pounding, my neck was killing me, and my upper back also hurt, had tunnel vision, ears ringing, dizziness, light headed, nausea, and more... The er says, that my brain was bleeding, acute subdural hematoma. I say "is that bad???" They say "yes you could die". I say "how long has this been doing this?" "Probably from the first wk, but didn't show on the first ct." So my lawyer says to show the people ready doctors this.

They were jumping around me trying to get me to sign papers and go to the trauma center, trying to cover their **. I told them I've already been to the trauma center doctor and I wasn't going to sign their papers, or continue to be ** around by them and that they needed to refer me to a Neuro clinic, Neurosurgery,

and MRI. They finally did but, the insurance company adjuster has been playing with me also, I'm still going through this workman comp bs, and having to get my own care. If I depend on the company doctors, workman's comp who knows what I can end up with??? Don't trust the workman comp, or the company doctors. You could literally die, by the time you get proper treatment. Don't trust these crooks.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

We used Labor Ready to get some temporary help on one of our jobs. We agreed on everything by phone and email, and gave them the job site address by both phone and email. They dropped off 2 workers to our office location instead, which is 15 miles away from the job where they were needed. The workers did not have their own transportation and did not make it to the job site. Considering this was already bad enough service, Labor Ready billed us for 4 hours show-up time for each worker.

We disputed the charge with them and they became very rude and obnoxious to people in our office during several harassing phone calls trying to collect money that is not due. We refused to be blackmailed and they sent the bill to a collection agency to continue harassing us in an attempt to extort money from us. We refuse to pay for services never received and will be contacting our attorney for action against these terrible people and their business if they do not cease and desist.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

What a horrible experience I had with the Detroit office. I worked with 2 other offices but felt I was discriminated against by the Detroit office. I did not notice that I had not received a confirmation text because at that time they were sending out 20 texts a day. I showed up and my name was not on the list but I was told by the team leader to stay as she was short handed and she knew I was a good worker. I offered to leave but didn't. So when I did not get paid on Friday I contacted the Detroit office and was told that I originally did not get paid because I did not get the confirmation text. They did not submit the hours until I called the office.

Branch Manager accused me of trying to steal work from them which of course was not true. I stayed away from working for that branch for a few weeks. I decided to give the branch another chance and once again did not get paid until I contacted the branch via email. Majority if not all of the employees are ** and I am ** and filed a complaint with the head office who probably did nothing as I never heard back from them. I recently voiced my pleasure with the Detroit office via one of their texts and they objected to it and I feel they terminated me.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Don't even waste your time working with them. They messed up my work ticket sooooo many times. Dispatchers at the Fife office are soo rude. They put me on a work ticket that I wasn't even aware of and then suspended me for 2 weeks. They have this text messages that alerts you about jobs that needs to be filled but when you reply within seconds of the alert, it's already filled. They offered me 10-12 hours Monday - Saturday but come to find out it's only 4 hours a day. Don't waste your time. Go and look for a real job.

PeopleReady Company Information

Formerly Named:
Labor Ready
www.peopleready.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business