1.37/5

151 PeopleReady Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2019

Some of the PR staff act like uneducated thugs rather than placement recruiters. (Rude; incompetent and outright malicious) A waste of your time. Better off getting a part time job or find another temp service. While you may lose some ability to take time off with a permanent part time job the pay is substantially higher and you get rid of the abusive thugs. Not worth your time to file complaints either - there is no responsive "corporate". You might however be able to sue them if they give you a negative reference in retaliation - see a lawyer.

The Livonia office is the worst - avoid it. PR is not worth the hassle unless you have a conviction on your record and it is the only way you can get work. (Know aword has it that some are rejected because they refuse to pay a bribe or do favors for a recruiter known to steer work to selected favorites.) Good Luck guys - wish you the best.

Original review: June 9, 2019

My son and I moved to South Central Oregon to leave behind domestic violence.. The closest PeopleReady was about 85 miles away. It was our only option at the moment. We went in to start application process. They had lost all our info so we had to start over. They knew we had to travel a ways to get there. We were asked to come back to finish. I told them I had to go bury my Father (a Korean war vet) and I'd be back in a week or so.

I come back and they threw out our applications again. Treated horribly by the guy "'Cause it was Friday and payout was in 2 hours" and he didn't have time to hand us a laptop so we could finish our app. After throwing his fit, he gave us the laptop.. while he visits the guys that come in, I asked for help and again got the "fit". He made a phone call and a lady called my phone from another town to help me, while the guy continued to "visit" his friend.

I was told to come back the following Tuesday. I did, and was told I'd have to come back because the whole staff needed to close down the shop to go evaluate a job site.. I just used the last of my gas money and 2 hours of driving to come in to work just to be turned away. I filled out a application on the JobStack app. Called the office because my job alerts were for the wrong city. I called the office 2 times that week to confirm and correct these things, left messages in detail and no one had called back. My son and I have loads of experience and honest hard working people that could have done PeopleReady very well. These people aren't ready, and deserve to be shut down!! Oh and we've found jobs on our own.. without the headache or abuse from PeopleReady.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Holly at the Largo FL office was very helpful with all my questions. They was willing to go the extra mile of finding what job can suit my best interest. I had problems trying to finish the application on my phone and couldn't figure it out and the ladies at the Largo FL office continued to help me until we got it done. Thank you so much and continue to be the best. Y'all are great and I'm giving that location 5 stars.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I have been working for PeopleReady since 2013 in three states. Never had any complaints of my work ethics. I am now working for PeopleReady in Manchester NH. They called themselves punishing me by not giving access to the JobStack app because I called off one job. I am not a fifth grader, and should not be treated as a child who doesn't know any better. I am a Graduate student that holds a Master Degree. I believe that Corporate should hold these offices accountable for their unethical practices by requiring Recruiters and Management to continuous training on professionalism and all the practices of which they lack thereof.

Original review: May 4, 2019

PeopleReady.com is the most UNETHICAL and DECEPTIVE COMPANY I've ever dealt with. Their business practice is also highly illegal. I booked them to help unpack a truck in Tucson Arizona. I was quoted $26.99 an hour, 4 hour minimum, 2 man minimum, a bit over $200. HOWEVER, these scammers immediately took $500 directly out of my account, with NO NOTIFICATION and NO PERMISSION. That is ILLEGAL!

Calls to their office resulting in several "Sorry, that's our policy." statements but no apologies. They said it would take 2-3 days to process a refund of the balance. I believe that this policy is in place intentionally, so that they can increase their reported bookings and revenue to the SEC, thereby propping up their stock price. This is ALSO ILLEGAL. The two men were to arrive at 10am. One did, the other did not show up until 10:35am. They did a decent job once they arrived. WARNING: I do not recommend doing business with these scammers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PeopleReady?

Original review: April 23, 2019

Walked in and right of the bat. "Oh we have like 3-4 companies looking for the skill set you have. Shouldn't have any problems finding work." Never heard 1 word from them after they took all my info. Called 2 weeks later like what's up? Answer, "Oh yeah. We can't connect with any companies for your skill set." WHAT THE HECK. TOTAL B.S. RUN. RUN. RUN. TOTAL JOKE. Downers Grove IL Andrew **.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I will preface this complaint by saying this: I've been working for PeopleReady since October, and have never had a client complain about me or my work. I have been asked to come back on repeated occasions by clients because of my work ethic. With that being said, I was on a repeat job for an outlet mall in my area this past weekend. Unfortunately, a few of the other employees on the job with me decided to steal from the stores we were working in. They of course were caught, and now I have been terminated from PeopleReady altogether, even though I was not a part of the stealing.

The branch stated that there was no way to prove I was not one of the people stealing, but there are cameras located in every store, which would easily prove that I was not stealing. The branch stated they would not check cameras nor would they contact the original client the job was for, to investigate the situation fully. They have also stated there may be criminal charges filed against everyone on that particular job ticket, including me. This is definitely not professional when there are cameras that will show exactly who stole.

Now, my family (wife and 2 young kids) will have to sleep in our vehicle until I find another place of employment. This job was keeping us from complete homelessness, and now, because of someone else's mistake, I am put in a horrible position. This is unacceptable in every sense of the word. If I cannot get this resolved, and am not offered my job back at PR, I will be seeking legal counsel regarding this matter. I am an honest, hard-working man with a family to take care of, and I will not stand for this. Either fully investigate the situation or my legal team will do it on my behalf, while recovering lost wages in the process.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

As soon as I walked in I got an ugly vibe and rude questions... What I want and I don't know what it talking about is what I got from older woman then the not much younger woman was rude too, by saying they do not help with safety equipment but day before told me to ask and I could use it???

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Okay let me start with this temp agency should be investigated by the BBB for shady practices and clearly exploiting their employees. Like I used to love working for "Labor Ready" back in 2013. When I first started work here they would pay me every day using direct deposit onto a cash card. But with a catch - every damn job is literally back breaking and just downright menial work most of the time. Also the pay was horrible. Like you would work for 9 hours and make like 63 dollars after taxes ** you every pay period. The people who work for this company are ** greedy and make you feel like a damn outcast when you ask them to pay you on time. All they do is sit a ** desk and input our hours, take phone calls and pay us out with attitude and make you feel like a burden.

Also the so called jobs will send you 50 plus miles from where you're located to make under minimum wage like 11.50/hr. You'll spend like 20 on gas that day and have like 40 bucks after working almost 10 hours. PeopleReady is a big ** joke. You guys change your name to make it seem like you're helping "people". But you treat them same people like crap every day. Anyone who has worked for them understand what I mean.

Use PeopleReady only to connect to real job because they will ** you in long-term when you have back problems and car troubles from all the driving and laborious work they put on you. This company will break you literally. I rather work minimum wage at fast food restaurant than ever work this company again. I DON'T RECOMMEND ANYBODY WORK THIS COMPANY ANYMORE. Too much shady ** has been going on with them down to the dispatchers and being paid fairly and on time. None benefits just another number. You guys literally make money off the employees by taking it off the top of their pay. Sick. SMH.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Don't ever go to work for this company. They only screw you over then punish you for their mistakes. My girlfriend worked 40 hours but was only paid for 16. That's something she has a right to be angry and inquire about but yet we were both fired when she emailed them about her missing hours. She was accused of having a negative attitude. How do you expect someone to act when you steal their hard earned money and punish them for something you did just because they were smart enough to notice and ask you why? This company is clearly nothing but a huge scam and the people working in the office are the laziest, rudest and dumbest people you will ever meet.

PeopleReady Company Information