2. Job Search Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.37/5

PeopleReady Reviews

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I have been registered with People Ready since 2014. I didn't use them until the beginning of 2019 though. I was still in the system and went to the office on a Friday. They had me working the following Monday and paid me almost double what I was making working for a contractor directly. I worked through them for the same contractor for 5 or 6 months and got hired by the contractor. The contractor paid me less than I was making through people ready and ended up laying me off 4 months later. I went back to people ready and had work the following day, making the same I was making previously. I have had no issues. They always respond to my calls and texts and even help me get paid quickly and properly. I am never going back to a contractor directly unless I have to. Commercial plumber in Phoenix, AZ.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

It was horrible. I worked for this company for over three years no problems. Then a guy in Kent is omg so bad. Sent me on a job. I got a work ticket, wasted my time going and refused to give me 2 hrs of pay for his mess up. Not only that then went in my profile and messed with it so I can't work now. Because I told him I was going to human resource. Then it's taken them 2 weeks more to fix the problem. I couldn't buy nothing for my husband first Christmas together.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Where do I start?... I feel as though PeopleReady discriminate against good clean sane individuals. Not to mention that most jobs are underpaid. Also the women here that work in the PeopleReady facility in Panama City fla. are rude and could care less when it comes to your safety!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I've worked for People ready in Syr NY over a year so I wouldn't be homeless. A manager and I had words. Now people ready has stopped all work and won't accept my work tickets for a job. When they do accept they text back saying oh I filled it. But yet tell me time to go. Now them knowing I've had back surgery a couple years ago they won't put me back to work. I was doing dishes over 8 months. Now I need my employment going. I'm seeking a lawyer for discrimination on 2 levels.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

The app employed by TrueBlue inc. (PeopleReady) removes all safety precautions for commercial and residential customers, PeopleReady is generally a day labor employer which attracts some very questionable individuals, homeless, bad health, alcoholics, addicts and criminals. It was required to appear in the office before placement where a person's state could be visually inspected prior to deployment as a safeguard to the customers, however this app is very dangerous because it has no screening process for who accepts the job, their ability, their state of mind, attitude which places the customers at risk for whoever shows up at their door be it our families homes or professional reputable businesses or other.

I have seen people thrown off of jobs, show up that can not do the work, those that steal from jobs or homes and I have seen customers threatened by some of these people. Any person that chooses to seek day labor help must be very cautious as to who arrives at their door, because you may be exposing your family or employees to some very dangerous people. PeopleReady although they abide by the law and present forms for employment give little or no regard to screening, they just go through the motions a required by law to protect their own interest and ignore any direct association. I have proposed legislation into this market yet until such time as are legislators act customers should be wary of this practice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PeopleReady?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I signed up for PeopleReady last summer. I’ve been discriminated against and removed from a job ticket because I was a woman and the client only wanted men. I told the branch that was illegal and they said they knew and try to encourage clients not to discriminate. But I was still removed from a job I was 110% capable of doing then offered a ticket for cleaning instead. I reported it and since then I’ve had nothing but trouble. I’ve been lied to about jobs being filled then blocked from getting the texts which I have screenshots of them sending it out after straight up lying to me. I was lied to about my background check and all kinds of things which I have all of those calls recorded. I have a pretty good record with this company and have never been dnr’d or anything. I’m always on time and I’m a hard worker.

I was recently on a ticket and was told it was guaranteed for 6 weeks. I’m on it for a week and we all find out from other PR temps that the ticket was ending and PR had no intention on telling anyone. I asked about a night shift ticket and I was told it was filled, which was a lie once again. I know this because another girl I was working with was trying to find out what was going on just like me. I walked up to her to tell her, "Yeah it’s ending and the night ticket was filled." She was confused and said, "Well the branch just asked me and my boyfriend if we want it." The branch sent them that text 2 or 3 minutes after getting off the phone with them. The branch claimed they had been talking about it since 10 am with them but that in fact wasn’t true. I read all the girls messages because she thought it was wrong that I was lied to again. This couple couldn’t even do nights and showed up at least 30 minutes late 2 or 3 times that week!

I was upset about how I was done by the branch and I went and spoke to the manager on site and she gave me permission to leave we weren’t even doing anything except walking around. I called the branch to tell them and I was told I was being suspended for 2 weeks for leaving a job site with permission. They were rude and like to over talk you and cut you off so I didn’t even get the chance to tell them that couple can’t do nights.

A woman has been sexually harassing men at work including a female friend of mine and we have a recorded call of the branch manager telling her to ignore it and that it wasn’t the first time she’s done it. Absolutely nothing was done to her. People weren’t suspended for showing up late but I get suspended for leaving with permission? I’d love to know how I’m still able to get on JobStack and get texts while on suspension. I’m getting a lawyer that’s a promise. I have physical proof of being lied to and I feel I was suspended out of retaliation. The branches are unprofessional and curse all the time.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I have worked for People Ready in between major jobs a few times. This past experience is a warning to everyone. On 9/5/2019 I performed 9.5 hrs of work for a construction firm in Chesterfield, MO. The job went smoothly and was completed. The next day I noticed no hours had been submitted and called the St Peters branch for more information which is where I worked out of. They told me the job was handled by the Creve Coeur office and transferred me to that office. The Creve Coeur office of People Ready told me that they couldn't find any hours submitted. I stated that it was illegal to put someone on a job and refuse to pay them. I then received a scripted 'explanation' about 'company policy' not paying for a job in which they did not have the 'paperwork'. I insisted that this is clearly illegal and would seek legal remedy to the circumstances.

About an hour later I get a call from the same 'representative' from the People Ready office in Creve Coeur, MO that they 'found' the 'paper work' (everything is done electronically) and the representative then dressed me down for insisting on being paid and that her manager would be calling me. Later on I received a voicemail from this 'manager' from this Creve Coeur branch that I'm being 'fired' from People Ready. Keep in mind I have never met with ANY of these people or ever spoken before to them. I called this manager for an explanation and was asked if I was having a 'great day' after she had left a message that I was being fired and to call her back. (I'm not exactly sure why she would want me to call her back after she leaves a message that she's firing me.) This conversation did not end well as you would imagine, however I did contain myself enough to inform her she would be prosecuted in court.

I suspect she was attempting to get me to give her a reason to make a criminal complaint, however nothing went that far and I did in fact record the conversation. I have contacted my regular branch in St Peters, MO and the national HR department on attempting to resolve this without having to go to court. So far, the HR department has not contacted me back and I will continue to pursue this with an attorney in court. This kind of abuse towards employees disguised in corporate PC jargon is not acceptable in our society and will not be legally tolerated. I strongly advise ANYONE seeking temporary employment to look elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I applied online 2019, went in for my pay card and JobStack info. The staff put my info in from my application from 2016. That knocked me out the system because I was putting in the wrong info and didn't know it. When I called down to the 1433 branch the female tried to tell me I put the wrong info into the system. Now I'm talking normal. She tells me I'm yelling and hang up because I tell her I did a current application and instead of them putting my current info in and they didn't want to do their job you switch my info to my old info. So when I called back she tried to tell me, "If you have issues at home don't take it out on me."

You don't even know me, Havent met me so how you know anything about me. So I started to whisper since I was talking too loud. So she hangs up again. So when I call back I tell her I need to speak to a supervisor. She lie and tell me there is no other staff member there but I hear one in the background. Never hear from a supervisor. Days later I come in to discuss my JobStack and file a complaint. Her boss tells me that I should have got a job first then file a complaint because he can't help me and even though she was rude I have to deal with her rudest every day if I work here. While there he is telling another PR employee he have too much going on and that he shouldn't have answered the phone. The staff is rude and very nasty.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Some of the PR staff act like uneducated thugs rather than placement recruiters. (Rude; incompetent and outright malicious) A waste of your time. Better off getting a part time job or find another temp service. While you may lose some ability to take time off with a permanent part time job the pay is substantially higher and you get rid of the abusive thugs. Not worth your time to file complaints either - there is no responsive "corporate". You might however be able to sue them if they give you a negative reference in retaliation - see a lawyer.

The Livonia office is the worst - avoid it. PR is not worth the hassle unless you have a conviction on your record and it is the only way you can get work. (Know aword has it that some are rejected because they refuse to pay a bribe or do favors for a recruiter known to steer work to selected favorites.) Good Luck guys - wish you the best.

Original review: June 9, 2019

My son and I moved to South Central Oregon to leave behind domestic violence.. The closest PeopleReady was about 85 miles away. It was our only option at the moment. We went in to start application process. They had lost all our info so we had to start over. They knew we had to travel a ways to get there. We were asked to come back to finish. I told them I had to go bury my Father (a Korean war vet) and I'd be back in a week or so.

I come back and they threw out our applications again. Treated horribly by the guy "'Cause it was Friday and payout was in 2 hours" and he didn't have time to hand us a laptop so we could finish our app. After throwing his fit, he gave us the laptop.. while he visits the guys that come in, I asked for help and again got the "fit". He made a phone call and a lady called my phone from another town to help me, while the guy continued to "visit" his friend.

I was told to come back the following Tuesday. I did, and was told I'd have to come back because the whole staff needed to close down the shop to go evaluate a job site.. I just used the last of my gas money and 2 hours of driving to come in to work just to be turned away. I filled out a application on the JobStack app. Called the office because my job alerts were for the wrong city. I called the office 2 times that week to confirm and correct these things, left messages in detail and no one had called back. My son and I have loads of experience and honest hard working people that could have done PeopleReady very well. These people aren't ready, and deserve to be shut down!! Oh and we've found jobs on our own.. without the headache or abuse from PeopleReady.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

PeopleReady Company Information