3.7/5 (93 ratings)

About PeopleReady

PeopleReady Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PeopleReady?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PeopleReady?

Original review: May 24, 2022

On their website it says to have someone verify your I9 documents to begin to look for work. After weeks of it not working and no response to my emails I call in and are told I have to come in with my documents. I ask what is rhe purpose of having a friend do it. The lady says she doesn't know what im talking about she didn't make the website. COMPLETE waste of time.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I have provided nothing but excellent service through People Ready. In one job, I was fired by the HR lady for supposedly walking off the job early and repeatedly showing late for work. I had been keeping the schedule in the company computer, and been clocked out by a supervisor who called in my hours the day before. I then went out on a job; again provided excellent service. I was asked by a supervisor to find out where some co-workers were and did so. She was unhappy with the results and talked with them directly. One then threw me under the bus, and I was walked off the job by a manager from another department who heard the story this person told. My site supervisors didn't even tell People Ready I was off the job, as they were so mortified by this. I had to inform People Ready myself why I was not continuing the ticket.

After this, although none of this was my doing, all jobs have dried up for me. I am working one ticket every week as that employer really likes me, so for them to treat me as an unemployable pariah WHILE I am working a ticket weekly is blacklisting period!! Also, they were angry I called out on a shift when my son was in a coma and I had to handle his medical care. Their client was fine; my son would have died!!!! DO NOT USE.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

I worked for the York PA branch of PeopleReady on 12/29/20. They have a policy to pay within 24 hours. Not so with this branch. Five days later and I still haven't received my pay. I have tried contacting this office numerous times by phone/email/social media and no response.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I would write a long specific review but am afraid of retaliation.. Used to be ok for side work but as of lately certain branches think it’s ok to verbally abuse you and withhold pay. They have screamed at me and made me cry.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

The PeopleReady that is local to me mostly offers same day pay for their jobs listed. I opted to have my checks deposited to my bank account instead of getting their prepaid card. Because I didn't get their stupid card; every time I get paid is delayed by 3 days. I thought it was my bank at first. Nope! It's this shady business. Every paycheck. 3 day delay. It's a good thing it's only money. It would be terrible if I needed it to eat or pay bills. Stay away from this company. They are the lowest form of scum imaginable...after my ex-wife.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Was calling in per text message daily. They became angry and excluded me from eligibility for a job. The daily text messages I was receiving directed me to call. Daily. The staff at the Montgomery branch acted rude and spiteful. Would never return there again.

Original review: June 20, 2020

This is a paid subscription job site focusing on gig and contract work according to the marketing. It does provide a lot of remote offerings, but mostly as full time employee, and many jobs with no opportunities for remote work. I found the search function to be limited and I can't say it was worth a subscription.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Entered the Fall River MA location to fill out paperwork for some temporary employees. Myself and the 2 other people were all wearing masks but were greeted rudely by a Shannon ** and told that social distancing must be practiced. Miss ** was not wearing a mask herself while preaching to us that we had better practice SD. After 2.5 hours in office to fill out paperwork that should have taken 10 minutes to fill out, Miss ** again rudely interjected herself into the business at hand. She could quite possibly be the rudest person I’ve ever encountered at any business in my 54 years on this planet.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I was assigned to a job this morning. The ticket NEVER said the job required digging and traveling to different locations. When I got to the job assignment I had to dig. I could NOT believe that they would not put this Information on the ticket and also pay only 14$ an hour for a job that was hard! This company lies on the tickets and dont give accurate information about the assignment because they know that no one will take it for 14$ an hour. They refused to pay for the traveling time that I made while I worked for this company. I do NOT recommend this temp agency but if you do work for them make sure you get confirmation about the job duties and if there is traveling involved. Very Unhappy employee.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I've been registered with People Ready since about 2014. I used them to make some extra money time to time. I've been offered positions directly with companies we were contracted with on almost every assignment I've been on. I've never called in and was on time every single shift. The last assignment I worked, I was there for about 5 months as a second job. I was offered to be bought out of my contract and hired on with the company directly. Literally the next week after that, the night supervisor just started giving me a hard time. Telling me to go home, they dont need me, he wishes his boss would hire somebody else. I bring the issue to People Ready. I had witnesses and cameras to back my mistreatment. I was told we were going to have a meeting with the Head boss. Next thing I know...assignment ended.

In November of 2019, I returned again to People Ready for some extra money. JobStack was new for me. So when I registered they said my rating was too low to view and accept jobs on the app. He said there weren't even any notes as to why. He said I had a 2.5 out of 3. When I explained how it was impossible because I did outstanding work on EVERY assignment (complimented by the Supervisors). He said he had to email a lady regarding me and someone with a duplicate account. This was back in November 2019.

I've called many times...pulled up 3 different times and just lied to over and over. With no resolve. When I called another location to get some help, they told me my best bet is to wake up with steel toe boots and stand out front at 5am and hope someone needs workers. This company was good when it was Labor Ready. It's awful now, not a single person cares about anything other then getting their own paychecks. The laborers are just numbers. Indianapolis, IN Westside location as well as Eastside location...equally nonchalant. I wish I could talk to a higher up that gives a crap.

PeopleReady Company Information