2. Job Search Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Texas Workforce Commission Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Texas Workforce Commission?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Texas Workforce Commission?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

It is now Feb 18th I have yet to receive any kind of benefits. My family was hit by storm URI as many other with the so called roaming blackout that is more like a electricity shut down for 15 hours on end on 30 min and out another 15 hours. Unemployment has not been available for months. I have no idea what the hold up could be. I am out of work yet another week without any assistance from any program especially the program I personally invested in which is Texas Workforce Commission. I've worked over 40 yrs and this is my only sec time applying/requesting benefits and I like many are being put on this cold back burner. Very Disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Clearly this organization is on the side of the employer and not the employee. I applied for unemployment benefits. I then was deigned. I appealed. It took several months to hear anything from them then when I did they set up a hearing. The employer did not show for the hearing. I gave rock solid proof of lies from the employer and other facts and still got deigned benefits. These people are supposed to be there to help people but all they do is kick them while they are down. They should just close their doors if that is how they are going to treat people.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Every time I call for assistance go through a lot of games. Some examples of treatment: xfer, put back on hold long time multiple times, manager request refusal, false callback promises, etc...) Every time apply for unemployment they have an excuse not to give benefits which is the very money I worked for and should be able to take out when comes to emergencies. I told person on the phone no wonder you got 1 star complaints by lot of people through the roof yet he can only laugh and say good for them... I am in the process of suing just to get benefits to survive, how sad our own people treat each other, they will pay by God's mighty hand. His wrath will rain down on them in time if they refuse to change their ways.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I was on my 3rd quarantine. I this time needed assistance so I apply for unemployment. While I'm filing my claim with a agent my line beeps. I look. I don't see anything but TWC ELIGIBILITY so I continue to talk to the agent another 45 min basically letting know to expect a call from a claims rep in the next few days. The next day I see a voice message from a CLAIMS rep telling me he tried calling, "Sorry I'll try again in the next few min." After reviewing the call logs and times. The beep I heard was a CLAIMS rep calling While I was on the phone with TWC agent. That was nearly over a month ago. I have yet to receive help. My payment request will not go through saying they need more information.

I have called Austin. I've called Locally. I have left messages to chat. Someone from the OMBUDSMAN department will call me back and tell me they have released my account funds. I should get money soon. I call to check on the ETA and no progress is made. I still have no one taking the information they need to clear my funds which would only be a call from the claims department verifying who I am. I truly believe this should be illegal, There are so many families in need of help right now and if this is what 9 out of 10 families experience from TWC then who are these guys helping? This is insane and it is causing a lot of Hardships.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

["For The Record, on the 29th of July 2020 I filed as self employed, a COVID 19 victim and could not work due to that criminal pandemic (35 U.S.C. 101). Also an appeal was filed on the 3rd of Sept 2020 (last 4 no. **), ignored still! Someone filed for me as of on the 3rd of January 2020 cause a contractor told me over the phone she see me eligible as of the 3rd of Jan. but no amount was entered yet and I wasn't the one who filed on that date, check the recorded calls because calls are recorded, for the record. I haven't received a letter nor an email about my eligibility and this has been over 6 months now.

I've been locked out of my account and I changed my password and pin and I still can't get into my account, when I choose forgot user name I never receive an email back for that option but only for forgot password, seems very suspiciously. Someone is fraudulently trying to steal/block my claim. I've tried the option forgot my user name but the system repeatedly sends messages back that a user name already exists with the social security number and I've never used another name because I still await a response from an agent, I've also reported fraudulent activities against my account on TWC website. I've contacted the chat box below on the bottom right and received a confirmation number for a 3 day response from an agent and it's been a week now and still no response from anyone.

Agents repeatedly transfer me when I do get a hold of someone on the phone but when I'm transferred and hold over 30 minutes, the phone hangs up, this has been about 5 times now! The agents are lying blocking people from what's due to them for the COVID 19 criminal silent weapons of biological war against state nationals, with prejudice! COVID 19 is a criminal activity thats has been patent as biological weapon against we the people to depopulate this planet because fear of over population, National Scholar: **, Shawana-L..."]

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Lost my job May 2020 due to the pandemic. Filed for unemployment, then was shown a page that said they would better help me over the phone. When you call, they are completely unreachable. They have automated messages set up to tell you they are overwhelmed with calls due to the coronavirus pandemic. It is the same in January 2021 as in May 2021. Surely calls have dropped significantly by now, right? So many questions, so little answers. This should be illegal.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

These people at the Texas Workforce Commission are masters of stonewalling! Their application process is a nightmarish virtual obstacle course, and they'll dig up any excuse in the book (and plenty more which aren't) just to deny you your claim, even if you were legitimately laid off from a position with the Federal Government.

"Oh, we can't pay you because you quit a completely unrelated job way back in March! Oh, wait...we can, but you have to fax us all of your paycheck stubs from your last job! Don't forget to include your SSN! Now we're back to stonewalling you over your job back in March! Oops, we forgot that this is a sequential job! Our bad! Now call us at this number. Now fill out this form. Now do job searches at our other website, which is completely broken, useless and ineffective. Okay, you can request payments now...no, not yet, too early. Still too early! Uh oh, now you're filing too late and you have to start the process all over again! In order to start all over again, call this number and pray that we actually answer the phone...." JUST DO YOUR JOB, you lazy excuse-makers! I'm getting close to $18,000 in credit card debt because of this! I'll NEVER recover at this rate.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I've left messages, constantly check the website/correspondence inbox for updates and I haven't had anyone reach back out or have been provided any updates. I'm only writing this in hopes that someone sees this because I haven't been able to reach anyone via phone and with the pandemic going on it's getting harder to maintain with every day that passes by. I wholeheartedly don't want to make anyone mad by any means, but I was wrongfully terminated and I have all the evidence I need to prove it.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

I filed for unemployment/national emergency pay over a month ago. The person I spoke with asked me covid question and said that he signed me up for both unemployment and the natural disaster pay. He also told me that it would take 3 to 4 weeks to process. He also informed me to still make payment request in that time period so it would back pay from all the way to my first payment request. I call to do that two weeks ago and everything was said to be looking good and that when finalized, it would back pay from my original claim date.

I call today and my payments were on hold. So I speak with another employee for 45 minutes for her to tell me that my original claim was only for unemployment and that the last person put in that I said I no longer work for the company that I actually work for. When I said that I still work for them, but my hours have been severely cut in the last few months. She also asked me the same covid questions that I was asked a month ago and she was going to put my claim into natural disaster pay this time. Now I have to wait another month to even get the natural disaster pay when I am only getting at most 6 hours a week. No fault to my employer, but TWC is taking advantage of people in need and I can see a lawsuit in their future if they don't fix this issue with their employees.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

TWC employees are doing an extraordinary job and services and deserve to be thanked for their great job and help. Every time I call for myself or for client I find fast response and help from their end in DFW and other areas, I called TWC office in 1513 Houston St. Sulphur Springs, TX to get help for a client, the manager in that office was awesome and nice and assigned me a worker by the name of Jennie **, she help me to solve many issues for few clients and she was compassionate, helpful and so patient she deserve to be thanked and appreciated with her manager. Love TWC workers for the great help and they are always doing fantastic job in this critical time or other times, God bless them all.

Texas Workforce Commission Company Information