1.24/5

191 Texas Workforce Commission Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

This place use to be helpful as an employment place back in the early 2000, helped my husband get a job back in 2014. It use to be a good place to go to that had down to earth people that wanted to help you. However the demographic of the place has changed. I needed to get the second page of the i9 filled out for a job but the woman at the desk who had an attitude at first act like she had no knowledge about the i9 forms. How does someone working at an employment office have no knowledge of the i9 paperwork? I thought this place was to help Texans get jobs?

I explain to her I needed someone to look over 2 documents like a license and social security to make sure It was true documents as a citizen in this country and to sign as an authorized representative that my documents were true and the conversation turn rather dumb. She said she would not help me on that, that far she is concern my license and social security card is fake. What employment office would say that? You are working in an employment office. You should know if a license and or social security card is fake or not, then she went on and say they process i9 for other employers and proceed to tell me I could sign the second page of the i9 my self which was incorrect. You can not! The Waxahachie TWC is no longer a helpful place.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I've been trying to get in the sponsored training programs (WIOA) so I can get a good paying job in a new field. My bachelor's degree in communication hasn't gotten me anywhere for almost 10 years, so I figured I'd get some credentials to put on my resume from a technical school. Everything about this program is complete hogwash and the so-called "advisers" are incompetent (with the exception of a few others who don't handle the WIOA program).

The first time I applied, I had high hopes for a brighter future because I figured the wages I reported from working at the convenient store proved that I classified as a low-income individual and, therefore, eligible for the grant. I received a call about a week later saying I made too much (slave wages... really?) so I didn't qualify. She also informed me that people receiving government assistance like SNAP, unemployment and SSI get priority. I didn't see that as fair because I believe people who put an effort and show the drive for wanting a successful career should be given priority. Moreover, I know a lot of people in town who are perfectly happy with receiving benefits and not have to work because they don't know what ambition is.

So I decided to play ball and waited a few months working odd jobs so that my reported income would be substantially lower than what I was making at the convenient store. I even applied for food stamps for good measure. That's when I went back to reapply but for a different certification that I found more interesting. She said that it wasn't on the approved list (apparently their website is outdated) and for me to pick a different one. I explained to her that my degree left me with student loan debt that I couldn't pay back unless I was making a lot of bread. And since I'm behind on those loans I don't qualify for financial aid, so I needed to choose an approved program that was completely paid for by the grant.

After doing some research on one I found to be interesting and potentially rewarding, I informed her immediately only to be met with adversity. She said I shouldn't pursue a career in a different field than what I originally wanted. I replied by telling her that it's not her decision to make when discussing my future and reminded her that I don't have the money to pay for whatever the grant doesn't cover. Again, she tried dissuading me from pursuing the program so I walked out in disbelief that a career counselor wouldn't help me with getting a career, but I kept my cool.

Shortly afterward, I contacted the school and spoke with the admissions adviser about getting the ball rolling. Everything turned out well, she was excited to have me on board, I was excited to be given a golden opportunity to make something of myself, and all that was needed was for the school to give the thumbs up to TWC so that they may proceed with the payment details.

I call my case worker a few days later to check on the status, and guess what, I didn't qualify AGAIN. She said I needed a working phone number to enroll in that school (total nonsense and bs) and that because the WIOA program doesn't help people who already have a degree (information that would've helped me out when I first inquired about it months ago instead of wasting my time).

So I demanded to speak with her supervisor. She put me on hold instead of transferring me thinking that she'd waste even more of my time. I called back a few minutes later and somebody else answered who was able to transfer me. Her supervisor was nice and understanding. He listened to my complaint and said he'd take care of it, but was not able to tell me where it says that my degree disqualifies me from the program. So, in short, you gotta be dirt poor and uneducated to take advantage of this program. What's more is that as useless as your degree might be to you, it's not as useless as a lot of people working at the TWC.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Lost an apartment and a car due to misguided ignorance! There's no use having a company if they're not trying to help. The reps and system will only dig you further into financial problems waiting for response and lack of proper utilization.

Original review: June 24, 2019

First and foremost I have not filed unemployment in 16 years. This year I found myself in a situation where I needed it as a means to an end, a short one, so I filed. I filed in May and was approved and eligible. I keep running into problems, on their end, where my checks are not being processed, being placed on hold. I filed an appeal, which I am certain will be another joke to be played out by the Texas Workforce Commission.

I only needed unemployment to get through the summer because I will be returning to school/work once my kids are enrolled back in school. I was taking the summer to file my disability with the Veterans Administration and was getting my medical appointments taken care of. This is an insurance I paid into with my extensive workforce history, to include military time. Insurance is a safety for when needed, just like when you pay premiums for your car insurance! I have received (2) unemployment checks to date, which were so far in between I could not even pay my bills and had to seek outside assistance. The process should not be this complicated, it is not user friendly, and the staff could care less about my delays in payment.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Recently was in The Workforce Solutions Work Experience program. Place assigned to work was great, the staff a different story. They overexaggerated an incident at the facility in a Evaluation of work progress. Workforce did support my report of the incident. They sided with the facilitators report instead saying my attitude wasn't right. I followed all instructions given on handling all assignments at the facility. My trust in Workforce Solutions assistance is not good. They say one thing then excerpt other actions to make the client look incompetent. Being a veteran, they're supposed to offer better than normal job assignments. All the offers are the same, for the public or veteran assistance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Texas Workforce Commission?

Original review: May 8, 2019

I was let go from my position in January of this year and began collecting unemployment roughly 10 weeks after when my severance period ended. When I file for unemployment, I have to report earnings made from my side business which is fine. Little did I know, that every single customer of mine would be contacted to validate that they were paying me and that they needed to take the time to contact TWC. THIS IS THE PART THAT IRKS ME! WHY WHY WHY would you send this request to my customers via snail mail with my full name and social security number not even masked?! We live in a world where identity theft is at an all-time high. Mind boggling and sadly, not surprising. Get your ** together TWC.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I worked at Sportsradio 1310 the Ticket for over five years. I received several promotions and job opportunities while working there. When the 10-3 ticker position became available I was asked to interview for the position. During my interview Jeff ** asked me to defend some statements I made on a podcast I had been recording for years with two of my coworkers. He also asked me why I didn’t show up for a “mandatory” company event in February (this interview was in June and this was the first time this “issue” ever came to my attention). I explained myself and came away from the interview being led to believe I was at the very least going to get a Producer gig I had been promised nearly 7 months prior by Jason **. I was put on the schedule to become to new Sunday 8-11AM Producer. I was also given a second interview for the 10-3 ticker job by Sean **.

During this interview, Sean laid out all the reasons he wasn’t keen on giving the job to Justin **, Julie **, and Sam **. He told me if it was up to him I would’ve had the job over a year prior, but of course nothing is up to anyone but Jeff ** when it comes to the Ticket. So my second interview for the 10-3 ticker gig lasts until 9:35PM on Friday June 1st, 2018. Sean leaves and I quickly produce all of my weekend content, post my show to the podcast page, and gather my things to leave at 9:45 (like I had done since taking the Top Ten job four years prior). Matt ** “didn’t read the schedule correctly” and never showed up for his 10pm-6am shift. A week later I was brought in by Jeff ** for my Top Ten shift “early so we could speak about the ticker position”. I was fired without so much as a previous blemish in my personnel file. Matt ** received a write up and was promoted to my position.

I filed for unemployment benefits with the TWC. During their “review of the facts” they were told by Jeff ** I had two previous incidents on my record. When I asked about those incidents I was told it was the two things Jeff confronted me about in my “interview”. Making remarks on my podcast and not showing up for a “mandatory” station event. So I was not eligible to receive benefits. How is it possible for me to be reprimanded during an interview for a promotion? Not to mention the fact I was actually given another position with the company, and was allowed to work for an entire week following me “fireable” offense which was leaving 15 minutes early from my shift.

I’m not saying that leaving the station 15 minutes early wasn’t a terrible mistake. I’m not saying it wasn’t a fireable offense, but if you think the TWC is anything but a Mafia for employers in the state of Texas you are out of your mind. If you think the state of Texas cares about its citizens, you are wrong. If you live in this state you are just another type of cattle to be herded and controlled so the people in charge can collect money from the Federal government. You are a statistic. You are less than a herd of cattle because, if push comes to shove, the governor can’t legally eat you.

I have been without a full-time job for nearly a year now. I made $14,288 last year, and somehow I don’t qualify from any benefits from the state or federal government even though I have a three year old son to support. TWC, SNAP, etc. are just BS programs the politicians in this state use to make you think you are not alone. Guess what? You are. You were born alone, and you will die alone and no amount of being mad online or filing a consumer report will change that. So in conclusion, I propose we change the name of the Texas Workforce Commission to the Texas Employer Protection Mafia. Amirite? Feel free to email me at ** with your thoughts, opinions, or even prayers.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Jan 2018 I was fired from my job after 22 months at Global Wings Express. Kenny ** my former employer, is a tax cheat, fraudulent, lied & made false, malicious statements about me to TWC appeals process, oral & written. I submitted my evidence as well supporting recorded phone conversations Btw. Kenny & myself that completely shows, he has been lying the about my employment, dismissal, everything. That justifies me and I should have already been receiving benefits. BUT NO! This appeals officer was a joke. Ruled in the favor of my former employer. He did not go by TWC rules. Quickly accepted 2 docs., evidence from GWE, and never ruled on the my evidence. Which does not matter to them because no matter what employees have TWC will rule in the favor of employers. It's a scam! Top to bottom, this is a deplorable agency that does more to do nothing.

TWC from reps., supervisors (if they ever decide to call you back), ombudsman, to the commissioner's office, have ALL provided me with a baggage full of misinformation nearly every time I've phone in. The excuse I've been always given, was just put it in the appeal and wait for the answer. They'll read it. Meaning you're screwed. NEXT! There is no resolution. None! Ombudsman says the same as all of the TWC have told me, appeals.

I called the appeals supervisor to complain about the appeals officer's blatant negligence. That was last November. Never heard from her, until last week when I continued to complain. She lied to me saying she never got my several voice messages. Right, sure you didn't. I have those on my phone log. The recording of those messages on my phone as well. She did nothing. Commissioner's appeals confirm the ruling. Meaning I got screwed. They are not for honesty, nor integrity, like what is written in their TWC handbook. That's a joke too. Wastefully money at work for politicians to attach some worthless program to their campaign reelection.

I was even told by TWC rep. I was to receive benefits from a certain period of time, which would have been in excess of $2,500, 5-7 business days into my account. This was pertaining from my "ability to work" appeal that I was given a favorable decision back last Dec. 2018. I have CHF and needed the money very much. Excited, broke, but anything at that time of despair helped me. I Promised money to unpaid Bills, rent, etc. NO MONEY CAME. She made a mistake, yet that came at my expense. Never an apology or to make things right. Nothing. Luckily I still had a little blood left over, to "donate" so I could continue on.

The reason TWC did not deny that appeal, is because I have documents from the Hospital, under doctor's care, that would be vet tricky for the TWC to defend against. I went by their rules and lost. I have submitted more than enough evidence to win, but was never ruled. They believed my former employer "Jerry Springer" like made up narrative stating I quit my job after he gave me a raise, $ towards my health insurance, cell bill, and $15,000 bonus for my excellent work in 2017. I gladly accepted my raise & bonus, especially help with my health insurance which was over $500 a month then.

Said I physically threaten him, scared for his safety, extorted 15k from him for "hush" money (his words exactly). It went on and on. Where he got this I'm not sure. Back then I could not walk up a flight of stairs, used a cane, wore a life vest, I wasn't threatening anyone. After all this and calling me an extortionist, which is a felony, says, "I had no intention of firing the claimant." Said I quit. TWC rubber stamped the appeals decision and no one does anything that they are suppose to do.

The only good part of TWC process that was fair, was when I GWE tried to misclassify me 1099, than a W2. Conning to pay their employee tax liability. TWC tax office ruled in my favor. That's the way I could move forward with my claim. However, Kenny ** does not go by Federal or state tax laws, after the appeals process he sent me 1099 for 2016, 2017, 2018. He demanded me to conceal 2016 taxes or I would lose my job. I mentioned this to several government agencies, no one cares. Sent this info. to my district representative. Nothing. Too bad it's not an election year. TWC is deplorable.

I've spoke with others on this, even business owners too, they all say the same thing, TWC supports employers in appeals process, and I will lose my claim. They were all correct. TWC let's a known tax cheat get off and over on his employee with a major heart condition. I was phoned from TWC the other day and harassed by a representative there, as she told me that my last Hospital Stay last week is enabling not to find employment. That was humiliating and way out of line. Thanks TWC!

Original review: March 14, 2019

I put in my unemployment as I was supposed to, did job searches, filled out their dumb** forms. Was denied for a month, then I put in the second round. It took I got my check 1 and a half weeks later. Then the week after that I get a notice saying I had to pay back everything plus 150 dollars due to overpayment because it was sent to Oklahoma, I had it sent to Oklahoma due to a family issue I had to tend to. I live in Texas, have a Texas license, was outta town a week and half, still did my online job searches. Now I have to pay back money plus extra just because, it's **. I don't even have a job to pay it back, they even said on the notice ignoring could result in charges and a jail sentence.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Hand being forced to pay back money I don’t owe. If only I could leave no stars. Absolutely worsed place ever, accidentally used them once and have been suffering ever since, never felt more thrown to the side in my life. No one will ever actually listen to what you have to say, they treat you as if you're nothing and steal, cheat, and screw you any way they can. I see pretty much every can agree, wish I had read the comments before using them, honestly would have rather, scratch for food. Sucks you can’t believe in your state when you have garbage people running things. I highly suggest swallowing your pride and going to your friends and family for help 100 times before using TWC unemployment.

Texas Workforce Commission Company Information