2. Job Search Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.24/5

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Unemployed or looking for a new career?

Find jobs near you on Ziprecruiter

Visit Website

Texas Workforce Commission Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Texas Workforce Commission?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Texas Workforce Commission?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I've left messages, constantly check the website/correspondence inbox for updates and I haven't had anyone reach back out or have been provided any updates. I'm only writing this in hopes that someone sees this because I haven't been able to reach anyone via phone and with the pandemic going on it's getting harder to maintain with every day that passes by. I wholeheartedly don't want to make anyone mad by any means, but I was wrongfully terminated and I have all the evidence I need to prove it.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

I filed for unemployment/national emergency pay over a month ago. The person I spoke with asked me covid question and said that he signed me up for both unemployment and the natural disaster pay. He also told me that it would take 3 to 4 weeks to process. He also informed me to still make payment request in that time period so it would back pay from all the way to my first payment request. I call to do that two weeks ago and everything was said to be looking good and that when finalized, it would back pay from my original claim date.

I call today and my payments were on hold. So I speak with another employee for 45 minutes for her to tell me that my original claim was only for unemployment and that the last person put in that I said I no longer work for the company that I actually work for. When I said that I still work for them, but my hours have been severely cut in the last few months. She also asked me the same covid questions that I was asked a month ago and she was going to put my claim into natural disaster pay this time. Now I have to wait another month to even get the natural disaster pay when I am only getting at most 6 hours a week. No fault to my employer, but TWC is taking advantage of people in need and I can see a lawsuit in their future if they don't fix this issue with their employees.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

TWC employees are doing an extraordinary job and services and deserve to be thanked for their great job and help. Every time I call for myself or for client I find fast response and help from their end in DFW and other areas, I called TWC office in 1513 Houston St. Sulphur Springs, TX to get help for a client, the manager in that office was awesome and nice and assigned me a worker by the name of Jennie **, she help me to solve many issues for few clients and she was compassionate, helpful and so patient she deserve to be thanked and appreciated with her manager. Love TWC workers for the great help and they are always doing fantastic job in this critical time or other times, God bless them all.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

TWC reached out to me this afternoon regarding my unemployment benefits and like so many people have been affected by COVID 19 and have been unemployed since the start of the pandemic. When the agent contacted my number she was very unempathetic of my situation and didn't seem to care less and rudely told me "I might" qualify for regular unemployment hence the reason why they denied my pandemic relief aid. I told her that I have been trying to reach them and filed two electronic appeals and sent a third one to the main office in Austin, TX and she basically didn't seem to care.

When I expressed my frustration with her she told me right over the phone if "I was done talking" so I said, "Yeah we are done talking. You guys are a joke and don't EVER call me again!" Needless to say TWC should not be in business operation in Texas because all they seem to do is make a bad situation even worst. Customer service agents are rude, unprofessional, and have no business working in customer service or as benefits agents. PATHETIC!

Original review: July 3, 2020

I am self employed, I applied for benefits due to Covid as per my accountant. I had never requested assistance until now. I received initial benefits for two weeks then I received a letter stating that I did not qualify because I quit my previous job for personal reasons. I received a second letter requesting I pay back, I appealed and the appeal officer stated that I did not qualify for regular benefits but I qualify as self employed. It has been three months now and I still do not receive any assistance. I call daily with the hopes of speaking to someone but it is impossible, the message states that due to pandemic they cannot attend my call at this time but for me to refer to website for questions and to keep trying.

I am very frustrated because TDHS will not help and TWC will not help. I do not know who to turn to. The one person I got to speak to, was because she called on a Sunday. She was conducting an investigation to see if I qualified. She was very rude, and condescending. Made me feel like I was doing something wrong. These are the people that are supposed to "help" Americans during crisis. It is very sad and I almost feel like giving up.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Well I applied on May 24. I get my wages back. I have 10k and it says I’ll be getting in a deposit June 12. As soon as I make my payment request it changed to, "TWC is reviewing your case to see if you qualify." I was laid off my job and have more than enough money in my account. Till this day I haven’t heard a word. I even emailed rep Ed Thompson to hand over my name so they could call me back to why they haven’t made any deposits. The date is June 28.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I have applied for unemployment. I am a self employed gig-worker so I had to file under disaster unemployment. I have sent in everything that is required and 2 months later I have not received payment, I have made my payment requests and I have sent in my paperwork 5 times! If I could get denied I could win my appeal. They won't deny me so they ignore me. I have reached out to my state representative. The Texas unemployed should not be treated like this.

Original review: May 3, 2020

I call 200 calls a day to TWC. I get to the recording pressing 1 for English then 3 for other information. I then get a recording that the system is busy and call back later. I can make the same call and pressing a 1 then I get a person but they can’t get me the form and they direct me back to pressing 3 in which there is NEVER an answer. As of today I have placed 3000 calls. ALL I NEED IS THE PAYMENT REQUEST FORM. I also requested the same form by mail.

Original review: April 25, 2020

They're so Rude And Honestly They don’t care how they treat you. I’ve been denied unemployment cause I had to leave my job for mental reasons. The place was toxic and TWC made sure they used Whatever they could on me to favor the company and it pisses me off. When my appeal officer asked me, "If it was so toxic why did you continue to work there." Well hello. I stay by myself and I’m not going to just throw in the marbles. So basically I get denied cause they said I quit my job. No I quit because of personal reasons and it’s not like they don’t have proof that I was attending php programs and going to SUN Behavioral.

Now I sleep in my car and leave my apartment property before the leasing office opens and come back when it’s closed so I won’t get caught sleeping on property since I've been evicted. It’s not about getting denied. Everyone needs help while this covid 19 is going but TWC DOESNT SEE THAT!!! Cause they're not the ones that’s in the situation. But it’s only one person I can depend on and that’s God and I hope He helps me cause I’m in a situation where I feel like life is not worth it no more.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I applied a month ago for unemployment benefits, they kept giving me a message to call. I called and called and called and on the day I gave up calling I called 101 times starting at 7:58 am ending at 8:15 am. I was so frustrated that I went online to Facebook to try and inbox them and several days later someone said they would be sending my information to a specialist to call me. This was 2.5 weeks ago and I still have not gotten a call. They revamped the portal and made me reapply and told me they needed some documents to determine my pay. They gave me an email to send to and I did that, guess what? It was returned undeliverable. It also gave a fax I could use and I have sent over 5 of those and they keep coming back failed because no one is answering the fax phone. I supposed it's turned off.

I went online to see how to file a complaint on TWC and the number given will not answer. This is the wildest process I have ever been in and or subjected to. I can't for the life of me see why they would bother offering services with such poor executions. I feel so lost and confused because I have never had to do anything like this before in my life. I cannot get the help that was promised to me because TWC is a failure. So, I write this review to vent.

Texas Workforce Commission Company Information