2. Job Search Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Texas Workforce Commission Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Texas Workforce Commission?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Texas Workforce Commission?

Original review: March 26, 2021

I received a denial/over payment letter because TWC stated I missed a scheduled re-employment training. Nowhere in the system, email or by mail was I told I have a scheduled meeting. I have no idea what date or time it was or who to speak to about this scheduled meeting. All I received was the denial after that fact. I called the main TWC number numerous times and either no one answers, 45 minute wait then line is disconnected or when I finally get a person they state they can put in a work order to research my question. This was back in January and it is now March and still no one has been able to tell me who to speak to and how to reschedule this re-employment service meeting.

Now I have a bill due to repay this so called overpayment. I understand these are very busy times for TWC but if you send a denial letter or repayment bill then it should include additional information or how to resolve it. Also, if I file a appeal it should be put on hold until this is resolved. Finally, I have filed an appeal several times because it keeps disappearing from the history of appeals and no has resolved the original claim. I did get a call but then the person left a voicemail to call the main number and of course again no one ever answers!!!!

Original review: March 21, 2021

I applied for benefits 02/17/21 and after their “review” they determined I QUIT my job which is not correct. I was emailed a lay-off letter and my former employer verified this. Tx Unemployment is a JOKE.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2021

Filed for underemployment Dec. 12. They started investigating my claim on Jan. 14. The day my apartment burned down. Post office held my mail and I missed the date of 22nd to reply. On Jan. 20, I applied for a CALL back and received e mail back with no help. So I filed an appeal and apparently this one place I did not file change of address, even though my mail is forwarded. I have now missed my appeal. I have turned in hours on at least 4 occasions, they still cant figure out I did not quit my job. My boss had covid and did not get work lined up for us. Another employee filed 2 weeks after me and has no problems. Now c I have an appeal officer's name and number and still nothing. How do know when to file for an extension?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

It is now Feb 18th I have yet to receive any kind of benefits. My family was hit by storm URI as many other with the so called roaming blackout that is more like a electricity shut down for 15 hours on end on 30 min and out another 15 hours. Unemployment has not been available for months. I have no idea what the hold up could be. I am out of work yet another week without any assistance from any program especially the program I personally invested in which is Texas Workforce Commission. I've worked over 40 yrs and this is my only sec time applying/requesting benefits and I like many are being put on this cold back burner. Very Disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Clearly this organization is on the side of the employer and not the employee. I applied for unemployment benefits. I then was deigned. I appealed. It took several months to hear anything from them then when I did they set up a hearing. The employer did not show for the hearing. I gave rock solid proof of lies from the employer and other facts and still got deigned benefits. These people are supposed to be there to help people but all they do is kick them while they are down. They should just close their doors if that is how they are going to treat people.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Every time I call for assistance go through a lot of games. Some examples of treatment: xfer, put back on hold long time multiple times, manager request refusal, false callback promises, etc...) Every time apply for unemployment they have an excuse not to give benefits which is the very money I worked for and should be able to take out when comes to emergencies. I told person on the phone no wonder you got 1 star complaints by lot of people through the roof yet he can only laugh and say good for them... I am in the process of suing just to get benefits to survive, how sad our own people treat each other, they will pay by God's mighty hand. His wrath will rain down on them in time if they refuse to change their ways.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I was on my 3rd quarantine. I this time needed assistance so I apply for unemployment. While I'm filing my claim with a agent my line beeps. I look. I don't see anything but TWC ELIGIBILITY so I continue to talk to the agent another 45 min basically letting know to expect a call from a claims rep in the next few days. The next day I see a voice message from a CLAIMS rep telling me he tried calling, "Sorry I'll try again in the next few min." After reviewing the call logs and times. The beep I heard was a CLAIMS rep calling While I was on the phone with TWC agent. That was nearly over a month ago. I have yet to receive help. My payment request will not go through saying they need more information.

I have called Austin. I've called Locally. I have left messages to chat. Someone from the OMBUDSMAN department will call me back and tell me they have released my account funds. I should get money soon. I call to check on the ETA and no progress is made. I still have no one taking the information they need to clear my funds which would only be a call from the claims department verifying who I am. I truly believe this should be illegal, There are so many families in need of help right now and if this is what 9 out of 10 families experience from TWC then who are these guys helping? This is insane and it is causing a lot of Hardships.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

["For The Record, on the 29th of July 2020 I filed as self employed, a COVID 19 victim and could not work due to that criminal pandemic (35 U.S.C. 101). Also an appeal was filed on the 3rd of Sept 2020 (last 4 no. **), ignored still! Someone filed for me as of on the 3rd of January 2020 cause a contractor told me over the phone she see me eligible as of the 3rd of Jan. but no amount was entered yet and I wasn't the one who filed on that date, check the recorded calls because calls are recorded, for the record. I haven't received a letter nor an email about my eligibility and this has been over 6 months now.

I've been locked out of my account and I changed my password and pin and I still can't get into my account, when I choose forgot user name I never receive an email back for that option but only for forgot password, seems very suspiciously. Someone is fraudulently trying to steal/block my claim. I've tried the option forgot my user name but the system repeatedly sends messages back that a user name already exists with the social security number and I've never used another name because I still await a response from an agent, I've also reported fraudulent activities against my account on TWC website. I've contacted the chat box below on the bottom right and received a confirmation number for a 3 day response from an agent and it's been a week now and still no response from anyone.

Agents repeatedly transfer me when I do get a hold of someone on the phone but when I'm transferred and hold over 30 minutes, the phone hangs up, this has been about 5 times now! The agents are lying blocking people from what's due to them for the COVID 19 criminal silent weapons of biological war against state nationals, with prejudice! COVID 19 is a criminal activity thats has been patent as biological weapon against we the people to depopulate this planet because fear of over population, National Scholar: **, Shawana-L..."]

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Lost my job May 2020 due to the pandemic. Filed for unemployment, then was shown a page that said they would better help me over the phone. When you call, they are completely unreachable. They have automated messages set up to tell you they are overwhelmed with calls due to the coronavirus pandemic. It is the same in January 2021 as in May 2021. Surely calls have dropped significantly by now, right? So many questions, so little answers. This should be illegal.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

These people at the Texas Workforce Commission are masters of stonewalling! Their application process is a nightmarish virtual obstacle course, and they'll dig up any excuse in the book (and plenty more which aren't) just to deny you your claim, even if you were legitimately laid off from a position with the Federal Government.

"Oh, we can't pay you because you quit a completely unrelated job way back in March! Oh, wait...we can, but you have to fax us all of your paycheck stubs from your last job! Don't forget to include your SSN! Now we're back to stonewalling you over your job back in March! Oops, we forgot that this is a sequential job! Our bad! Now call us at this number. Now fill out this form. Now do job searches at our other website, which is completely broken, useless and ineffective. Okay, you can request payments now...no, not yet, too early. Still too early! Uh oh, now you're filing too late and you have to start the process all over again! In order to start all over again, call this number and pray that we actually answer the phone...." JUST DO YOUR JOB, you lazy excuse-makers! I'm getting close to $18,000 in credit card debt because of this! I'll NEVER recover at this rate.

Texas Workforce Commission Company Information