3.3/5 (92 ratings)

About Texas Workforce Commission

Texas Workforce Commission Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Texas Workforce Commission?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Texas Workforce Commission?

Original review: May 14, 2022

I was discriminately and wrongfully terminated June 6, 2021 From a small communications company out of Hondo, Tx that had under 50 employees with a CEO that is extremely unprofessional. I felt immediately after my Initial phone call with TWC rep/contractor that I was gonna get denied the benefits that I have paid into for over 25 years. The deadline to turn in my appeal was June 30 and it was faxed off from a TWC solutions building from an untrained contractor that faxed it to a bogus phone number causing it to be late. I was locked out of the portal over 15 times due to suspected fraud and IDme was a nightmare. After submitting the fax cover sheet that my appeal on time I moved on to the tribunal appeal 7 months later. The decision Letter I got from the Tribunal hearing officer had dates from 2010-11 with false statements and lies when I called TWC about it. I got a corrected second letter that was just as pathetic and an obvious coverup.

Moving onto the commission board appeal by majority vote I was denied again due to timeliness going back to my original appeal. How can I get a majority vote against me if my appeal was mishandled by TWC rep that faxed it to the wrong phone number. I provided credible evidence and was still denied. Not right and just wrong when you’re fighting your former employer for their unfair practices and you end up fighting TWC Due to their untrained employees, rude phone contractors, fraud prevention and their biased hearing officers. I have a feeling I will be going to court and I don’t think the outcome will be good but I can’t give up.

The EEOC Issued me a right to Sue letter and my lawyer is working on that. My goal is to stop the small companies that treat veterans such as myself and everyone else that are at will like garbage and think they can get away with it. The TWC with their ignorant bliss has caused me to lose faith in our system and is a scam to everyday people who lose their jobs to companies that cannot treat their employees fair.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

Love your emails, keep them coming constantly. Gives me something to read each day. I love hearing about what’s going on in the world. I pass this information on to my sisters and nephew.

Get buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

2nd time filing and they messed me over once again. First, my job fired me through a text. Got approved and after benefits are paid out, they tell me there was an over pay and I have to pay all that money back. SMH this time my job basically told me to clock out and go home. Wouldn’t talk to me or anything. So, I filed unemployment. Unemployment approved and paid me. Then when it gets down to $4,000 left, money was added to my account which made me have $6600… but I have an over pay of 2600. Yep, do the math.

I filed an appeal and no one reached out, they don’t answer calls and they lie. Okay now I pay it back cool. All of my benefits are out and now they are saying I have an over pay of damn there $10,000 because I “quit” my job. When I showed evidence and had witnesses that my job let me go without reason. TWC is too stressful and not even worth it. My advice to anyone is to not even file. Save yourself the headache! I even talked to a worker on the phone and she basically said TWC did her husband the same way and he died from the stress and the way they treated him in a time of need. He died waiting on them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

One of the purposes of the Texas Workforce Commission is to assist the disabled and help maintain our independence. I have been trying to get assistance for a wheelchair repair and a re-evaluation on my vehicle modification so that I can still live an independent life even though I'm a paraplegic. I've been waiting for TWC assistance for over a year. The counselor that I have been assigned is not very responsive. I have even called to request another counselor and I can't even get a response to that. I've reached out to the Supervisor and the area manager - still waiting.

Fortunately I believe in God and prayed that he would send some type of help to fix my wheelchair since the Texas Workforce Commission could care less. I was able to pray up the repair but I'm still waiting for the vehicle modification process to get started. These people don't care about me and a wheelchair or you and your unemployment. It is unacceptable and someone really should do something about it but chances are no one will. In the United States of America being in a wheelchair is a few steps lower than being ** and yes I am **. At the end of the day, the only person who will look out for you in this state is you.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

So let's start from the beginning. I won't have enough room for all of this, but here we go. I applied and got approved and then trying to be a leech like everyone else. I got a job for ONE WEEK and the lockdown hit again, and I was let go (really why they were doing illegal ** and I said no) then because I worked ONE WEEK I got rejected and denied my unemployment AFTER WAITING NEARLY A YEAR TO RECEIVE IT, so I filed an appeal and didn't get any paperwork at all. I tried calling the appeals line 4 times and left messages and no one answers or calls back and so of course I missed my appeal...

Here we are almost another year later and I'm still waiting on an appeal and no one calls back. No one helps my appeals. I enter keep getting deleted and when I do talk to someone they say I have to submit another appeal and explain why I am filing my appeal late?!?! I'm not the one ** up they are and I have to explain why it's my fault they are ** up?!?! This is complete lunacy.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

I understand they are really busy. But each one of people filing are human beings with families. I missed an original appeal date Dec 17th 2020 because I got my mail Dec 18th. I didn’t get a date for the appeal on that until Sep 3rd 2021. 10 months later. First I had to explain why I missed the first date, then over an hour of a hearing against a corrupt former employer. I got my mail today Sept 8th 2021, stating I couldn’t provide proof of getting late mail so my whole case is denied. In the hearing, I explained how important it was for me to fight this case so I would never have missed it. All mail was slow during COVID.

It is unbelievable to me that the whole entire case is thrown out when it was so obvious during the hearing that I was treated unfairly. Where is justice? Where are people who care? Where is assistance for those who actually deserve it? Where is humanity? I served my country for 15 years and I am the last one to ask for handouts…I just wanted what was fair and just to me. They need to hire people who actually want to help those in need and not treat people like a number. So hurtful and frustrating.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I am so freaking frustrated I don't know where to even begin!! I requested help in June, and here it is September and still unable to get help. People answering the phones are extremely rude with their attitudes, refuses to help and threatening to hang up on me because they aren't doing their job. I have requested at least 15 times to have callback and not once have they called back. I have done everything they asked from me, the 100 hoops I've had to jump through to just to try and get help. No wonder America is falling. People who truly need help aren't getting the help we deserve. I was informed I would have to appeal every week that was denied, like how ridiculous is that. When they could just go and do their from the get go and freaking help us.

As I sit on the freaking phone right now over 2 hours just to speak to a rude agent again!! My blood just boils more and more.. How do they expect people to just wait around for a damn answer. Meanwhile people losing their place to live waiting for a damn answer. This company rather help people who don't have children, and only work 20 pitty hours, while I have always worked and busted my ** working 40 to 50 hours a week and a single parent. How come it is so difficult to get help? People who truly need help are the ones who are having the hardest time getting help. BEYOND RIDICULOUS FOR THE DAMN WAIT TO GET HELP.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

When working with TWC, should you be fortunate enough to engage with Tiffany ** you are in the best of hands. She is kind, patient, and very attentive to the needs of clients. I was extremely comfortable speaking with her. She would be an ideal candidate for training other employees in her field.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

TWC sent letters saying I was approved for DUA and unemployment. 1 year later they say I was not approved and that I quit my job and owe them money back. I asked for an Appeal and I advised them that the employer locked me out of their system and fired me. I input 5 appeals on their online system and each time they delete the Appeal. I then mailed the appeal in with certified mail and they still won't let me Appeal. It's been 6 months with No Hearing, No Appeal and No Payments. The employer wrongfully fired me and don't even have to attend a hearing. They also say I owe them money but never even allowed an Appeal. So, so unfair.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I started a claim 2 months ago. I then was asked to provide ID verification. I had problems with IDme and was told to go ahead and fax in documents thru the portal provided. Since then I have spoken to 2 TWC agents. They both have insured me they can see the information provided and went as far as doing a verbal verification. This was a month ago. Since then and after numerous intents to call and speak to someone I have been given the same instructions. Call the help desk, have them try to transfer you, try the online request for a callback. I have gone as far as asking for a supervisor from the help desk and I am being denied to speak to someone. I have also emailed customer relations and still yet to get some resolution or even response. By next Tuesday I will have submitted 10 weeks of claims. Trying to find someone with accountability for TWC or their actions seems impossible.

Texas Workforce Commission Company Information