1.24/5

187 Texas Workforce Commission Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 23, 2019

Recently was in The Workforce Solutions Work Experience program. Place assigned to work was great, the staff a different story. They overexaggerated an incident at the facility in a Evaluation of work progress. Workforce did support my report of the incident. They sided with the facilitators report instead saying my attitude wasn't right. I followed all instructions given on handling all assignments at the facility. My trust in Workforce Solutions assistance is not good. They say one thing then excerpt other actions to make the client look incompetent. Being a veteran, they're supposed to offer better than normal job assignments. All the offers are the same, for the public or veteran assistance.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I was let go from my position in January of this year and began collecting unemployment roughly 10 weeks after when my severance period ended. When I file for unemployment, I have to report earnings made from my side business which is fine. Little did I know, that every single customer of mine would be contacted to validate that they were paying me and that they needed to take the time to contact TWC. THIS IS THE PART THAT IRKS ME! WHY WHY WHY would you send this request to my customers via snail mail with my full name and social security number not even masked?! We live in a world where identity theft is at an all-time high. Mind boggling and sadly, not surprising. Get your ** together TWC.

Get expert buying tips about Job Search Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I worked at Sportsradio 1310 the Ticket for over five years. I received several promotions and job opportunities while working there. When the 10-3 ticker position became available I was asked to interview for the position. During my interview Jeff ** asked me to defend some statements I made on a podcast I had been recording for years with two of my coworkers. He also asked me why I didn’t show up for a “mandatory” company event in February (this interview was in June and this was the first time this “issue” ever came to my attention). I explained myself and came away from the interview being led to believe I was at the very least going to get a Producer gig I had been promised nearly 7 months prior by Jason **. I was put on the schedule to become to new Sunday 8-11AM Producer. I was also given a second interview for the 10-3 ticker job by Sean **.

During this interview, Sean laid out all the reasons he wasn’t keen on giving the job to Justin **, Julie **, and Sam **. He told me if it was up to him I would’ve had the job over a year prior, but of course nothing is up to anyone but Jeff ** when it comes to the Ticket. So my second interview for the 10-3 ticker gig lasts until 9:35PM on Friday June 1st, 2018. Sean leaves and I quickly produce all of my weekend content, post my show to the podcast page, and gather my things to leave at 9:45 (like I had done since taking the Top Ten job four years prior). Matt ** “didn’t read the schedule correctly” and never showed up for his 10pm-6am shift. A week later I was brought in by Jeff ** for my Top Ten shift “early so we could speak about the ticker position”. I was fired without so much as a previous blemish in my personnel file. Matt ** received a write up and was promoted to my position.

I filed for unemployment benefits with the TWC. During their “review of the facts” they were told by Jeff ** I had two previous incidents on my record. When I asked about those incidents I was told it was the two things Jeff confronted me about in my “interview”. Making remarks on my podcast and not showing up for a “mandatory” station event. So I was not eligible to receive benefits. How is it possible for me to be reprimanded during an interview for a promotion? Not to mention the fact I was actually given another position with the company, and was allowed to work for an entire week following me “fireable” offense which was leaving 15 minutes early from my shift.

I’m not saying that leaving the station 15 minutes early wasn’t a terrible mistake. I’m not saying it wasn’t a fireable offense, but if you think the TWC is anything but a Mafia for employers in the state of Texas you are out of your mind. If you think the state of Texas cares about its citizens, you are wrong. If you live in this state you are just another type of cattle to be herded and controlled so the people in charge can collect money from the Federal government. You are a statistic. You are less than a herd of cattle because, if push comes to shove, the governor can’t legally eat you.

I have been without a full-time job for nearly a year now. I made $14,288 last year, and somehow I don’t qualify from any benefits from the state or federal government even though I have a three year old son to support. TWC, SNAP, etc. are just BS programs the politicians in this state use to make you think you are not alone. Guess what? You are. You were born alone, and you will die alone and no amount of being mad online or filing a consumer report will change that. So in conclusion, I propose we change the name of the Texas Workforce Commission to the Texas Employer Protection Mafia. Amirite? Feel free to email me at ** with your thoughts, opinions, or even prayers.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Jan 2018 I was fired from my job after 22 months at Global Wings Express. Kenny ** my former employer, is a tax cheat, fraudulent, lied & made false, malicious statements about me to TWC appeals process, oral & written. I submitted my evidence as well supporting recorded phone conversations Btw. Kenny & myself that completely shows, he has been lying the about my employment, dismissal, everything. That justifies me and I should have already been receiving benefits. BUT NO! This appeals officer was a joke. Ruled in the favor of my former employer. He did not go by TWC rules. Quickly accepted 2 docs., evidence from GWE, and never ruled on the my evidence. Which does not matter to them because no matter what employees have TWC will rule in the favor of employers. It's a scam! Top to bottom, this is a deplorable agency that does more to do nothing.

TWC from reps., supervisors (if they ever decide to call you back), ombudsman, to the commissioner's office, have ALL provided me with a baggage full of misinformation nearly every time I've phone in. The excuse I've been always given, was just put it in the appeal and wait for the answer. They'll read it. Meaning you're screwed. NEXT! There is no resolution. None! Ombudsman says the same as all of the TWC have told me, appeals.

I called the appeals supervisor to complain about the appeals officer's blatant negligence. That was last November. Never heard from her, until last week when I continued to complain. She lied to me saying she never got my several voice messages. Right, sure you didn't. I have those on my phone log. The recording of those messages on my phone as well. She did nothing. Commissioner's appeals confirm the ruling. Meaning I got screwed. They are not for honesty, nor integrity, like what is written in their TWC handbook. That's a joke too. Wastefully money at work for politicians to attach some worthless program to their campaign reelection.

I was even told by TWC rep. I was to receive benefits from a certain period of time, which would have been in excess of $2,500, 5-7 business days into my account. This was pertaining from my "ability to work" appeal that I was given a favorable decision back last Dec. 2018. I have CHF and needed the money very much. Excited, broke, but anything at that time of despair helped me. I Promised money to unpaid Bills, rent, etc. NO MONEY CAME. She made a mistake, yet that came at my expense. Never an apology or to make things right. Nothing. Luckily I still had a little blood left over, to "donate" so I could continue on.

The reason TWC did not deny that appeal, is because I have documents from the Hospital, under doctor's care, that would be vet tricky for the TWC to defend against. I went by their rules and lost. I have submitted more than enough evidence to win, but was never ruled. They believed my former employer "Jerry Springer" like made up narrative stating I quit my job after he gave me a raise, $ towards my health insurance, cell bill, and $15,000 bonus for my excellent work in 2017. I gladly accepted my raise & bonus, especially help with my health insurance which was over $500 a month then.

Said I physically threaten him, scared for his safety, extorted 15k from him for "hush" money (his words exactly). It went on and on. Where he got this I'm not sure. Back then I could not walk up a flight of stairs, used a cane, wore a life vest, I wasn't threatening anyone. After all this and calling me an extortionist, which is a felony, says, "I had no intention of firing the claimant." Said I quit. TWC rubber stamped the appeals decision and no one does anything that they are suppose to do.

The only good part of TWC process that was fair, was when I GWE tried to misclassify me 1099, than a W2. Conning to pay their employee tax liability. TWC tax office ruled in my favor. That's the way I could move forward with my claim. However, Kenny ** does not go by Federal or state tax laws, after the appeals process he sent me 1099 for 2016, 2017, 2018. He demanded me to conceal 2016 taxes or I would lose my job. I mentioned this to several government agencies, no one cares. Sent this info. to my district representative. Nothing. Too bad it's not an election year. TWC is deplorable.

I've spoke with others on this, even business owners too, they all say the same thing, TWC supports employers in appeals process, and I will lose my claim. They were all correct. TWC let's a known tax cheat get off and over on his employee with a major heart condition. I was phoned from TWC the other day and harassed by a representative there, as she told me that my last Hospital Stay last week is enabling not to find employment. That was humiliating and way out of line. Thanks TWC!

Original review: March 14, 2019

I put in my unemployment as I was supposed to, did job searches, filled out their dumb** forms. Was denied for a month, then I put in the second round. It took I got my check 1 and a half weeks later. Then the week after that I get a notice saying I had to pay back everything plus 150 dollars due to overpayment because it was sent to Oklahoma, I had it sent to Oklahoma due to a family issue I had to tend to. I live in Texas, have a Texas license, was outta town a week and half, still did my online job searches. Now I have to pay back money plus extra just because, it's **. I don't even have a job to pay it back, they even said on the notice ignoring could result in charges and a jail sentence.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Texas Workforce Commission?

Original review: March 13, 2019

Hand being forced to pay back money I don’t owe. If only I could leave no stars. Absolutely worsed place ever, accidentally used them once and have been suffering ever since, never felt more thrown to the side in my life. No one will ever actually listen to what you have to say, they treat you as if you're nothing and steal, cheat, and screw you any way they can. I see pretty much every can agree, wish I had read the comments before using them, honestly would have rather, scratch for food. Sucks you can’t believe in your state when you have garbage people running things. I highly suggest swallowing your pride and going to your friends and family for help 100 times before using TWC unemployment.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Asked to leave work in June 18', employer waited til July 18' to tell me I was "officially terminated" and my union ** me around for an additional 2 months in an "attempt to bring me back to work". Filed for unemployment in August 18', got denied. Appealed the denial, but I worked 1 day at a job paying less than 50%, which we're not legally obligated to accept, some ** there filed a whole new claim against the company I worked 1 day at while ** up a bunch of other ** with my original claim. Received an approval of benefits for this claim in December 18', here I am in February of 19' no payment in hand, no card received in the mail, and no communication as to what the issue is. Just spent hours on the phone and was told that payment is on hold because I didn't file to the 2nd appeal tribunal when I never received any information regarding this.

Asked the agent how to file this appeal and she basically said I don't know, but it's too late anyways... So I asked if she could supply me with the information anyways and she couldn't even give me this. I was told that because I only worked one day and didn't make enough money to qualify for a claim EVERYTHING would be denied. What does the one day I worked have anything to do with a job I spent 3 years at that I filed for originally? She stated basically that it is up to me to know what goes on behind the curtains within their offices and I should have been on top of it. Again, at this point I demanded the information, she said I needed to go online and file... ok, WHERE?

So now at this point it's up to me to hunt down some information that these employees should provide from the get go as a service to us taxpayers, but failed to do so because they simply don't care. THESE ** WORK FOR US, DON'T LET THEM PUNK YOU! They get paid to intentionally ** up your claim as to not have to pay out your benefits, in December I finessed one employee into admitting this on the phone, guess what... The "recorded phone call for quality assurance purposes" has been erased. ** TWC AND ALL OF ITS EMPLOYEES.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I just got my 3rd denial from the commission. What are these people paid off even after listening to the recording they should have been in my favor, the lady that fired didn't even know that my job position was. She had to put the tribunal on hold to get my employee file, 7.5yrs there and an HR that had only been there 4 months fires me, even after sexual harassment, bullying, retaliation, discrimination I still can't get unemployment. WTF. Texas will never care about employees.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Every time I came in to use the computer to find a job all the employees that are being paid to help don't like helping. Seems like they think they are being paid to not help people. Also, was sent a letter to come in for one hour for a required class so snap benefits would continue then told everyone that it would take a couple of hours. My daughter couldn't come in the following week to show her required job search and one of the employees left a threatening voicemail. I believe that the employees like to rub it in that they get paid for being lazy and rude. VERY DISRESPECTFUL.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I got laid off and file unemployment. So far I have not received any. It has been more than 4 weeks and I try to call them every day for 2 weeks now and no success with message high volume call. Attempt different hours of the day stay the same. I wonder if anybody are working at agency.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

When I filed a claim, someone had tried to file of my behalf. No one called to tell me the investigation closed after two days. Two MONTHS later I call, only to find out that they forgot to call me. When I finally got to file my claim, THREE PEOPLE made errors, causing my claim to take even longer. When speaking to an agent I stated that I was pregnant, and he began interrogating me as though I am disabled, even though legally I am obligate to discuss my pregnancy. My claim was partially approved after THREE AND A HALF MONTHS.

During the wait time I was driving for Rideshare part time. I was in an accident while driving Rideshare. The woman from TWC called me last week and I told her that my car is in the shop (over $10k in damage), but I did not quit. The other car I have is not eligible to drive due to the condition. Two days later, my claim is denied because "I quit my job". Mind you, this is not technically a job. I just am not able to log in until my car is repaired.

I spoke to a supervisor and she told me technically I quit due to personal reasons because it is my personal vehicle. Now I have to file an appeal, which takes 6-8 weeks just to get a hearing. I am a single mother and 7mos pregnant and looking for a job. This is my first time EVER requesting unemployment, and they make it beyond difficult. My car is about to go into repossession and I am about to be homeless. THANKS TO THE TEXAS WORKFORCE COMMISSION. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE, AND SO ARE THE TEXAS LAWS.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I was fired from a job I'd had for almost 3.5 years on the word of another employee with no proof just his word against mine and my witnesses. I was awarded unemployment then my job decided to appeal this, so they made up all these false accusations making me look like the worst employee ever even tho in the 3.5 years I'd worked there I'd gotten all raises, the company awards (raises are awarded by satisfactory work over certain periods of time, like you do a good job for a year you get 50 cent raise).

Well I'd gotten a raise every year yet they made me to look like I was a troubled employee which I'd been written up 3 times in nearly 4 years but they made it look like I'd been written up 9 times by triplicating all my disciplinary cases. Once I showed this to TWC along with the document from Texas Motor Vehicle Division showing I'd had no tickets in 2 years and 10 months and they had made it sound like I had gotten 3 tickets in the past year. But as I said even tho I had official documents from a state entity showing I'd had no tickets and proved they had copied the disciplinary reports 3 times each to make 3 appear to be nine, and also pointed out that I'd had 4 raises including a raise 3 months prior to being fired, and if I was such a terrible employee why did I get raises on a regular basis.

TWC didn't pay attention to the proof I submitted showing my job was lying and I was being honest, and to make sure the commissioner who had voted in my favor was replaced 2 days before my final hearing and another put in his place, well long story short it took about 20 minutes for them to find for my job completely ignoring the proof I had submitted. I couldn't believe this and worse than that was there was no recourse for me as when I was notified of their decision the 3 weeks had passed for me to request a civil court to review this.

They said I owed them 6045.00 dollars for unemployment paid and I had no job and was in the process of getting disability, the main reason I think I was fired was I had been diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver and hepatitis c advanced and was having to go to the doctor a lot on a regular basis and had been placed on FMLA for this but I feel they were tired of dealing with my doctor visits so they used the reason given to get rid of me. People are right. Texas Workforce Commission is a very crooked outfit with no oversight and no one to answer to. They screw you and there is nothing you can do about it.

Someone in authority needs to scrutinize them and make them follow the law and stop turning a blind eye for the rich companies taking advantage of the employee, this is a problem and once they decide you're not getting the decision in your case there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. This is robbery plain and simple by a government run office that is supposed to be there to make sure the employee gets a fair shake. I didn't lie about a single thing in my application for benefits, yet my employer took his time in appealing their decision so I would have a nice fat bill owed to TWC then followed thru. And I'm on a fixed income now and they want 250 a month payments but I can only give them 100. But like I said I proved beyond doubt I was telling the truth and my former employer was lying and committing fraud yet this didn't seem to matter. They didn't even consider my documents whatsoever. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I’ve worked consistently for more than 20 years and never once required unemployment. After quitting a job without a new one in place for the first time ever, due to anti-Semitic remarks, retaliation for notifying supervisors, insults... even being hit with a door I quit and requested benefits. USMD administrative assistant at Fort Worth boasted how they never approved benefits was right. TWC sided with them. Apparently racial slurs, retaliation and physical assault doesn’t meet the requirements for a hostile work environment. Only in Texas. Which is why I am leaving this crappy state ASAP.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I was employed as a pizza delivery driver in June of 2017. I reported an UNSAFE WORK CONDITION to my general manager. Then to the company's Corporate Headquarters and their reply was unfortunately the unsafe condition is here to stay. I have an email right now that proves this. So I'm waiting for some more feedback on my Complaint and football season starts and we get really busy. Months roll by and I'm thinking that maybe it takes 3 to 6 months for complaints to get addressed and resolved. The unsafe work condition at first, they stopped subjecting us to.

Then after a few months they started subjecting everyone to it again. The company has clearly disregarded my complaint all together. Then they use it to write me up and fire me with it. This is CLEARLY A OSHA VIOLATION. I file for unemployment and get it right away using the unsafe working condition I reported. The law says the employer has the right to contest that decision. So they do and the employer lies their ** off. Their even guilty of forgery, signing someone's names in the employees signature spot on the disciplinary reports, 7 of them.

In our tribunal phone call they lied and said I refused to sign the documents. I never EVER saw any disciplinary document's. They were manufactured by my employer just for the hearing. There is a spot for the employee to give a statement on these documents. If I had even see these documents I would have written that I reported their system as UNSAFE and dangerous. I tried to get witnesses for the tribunal but no one wanted to get involved and they didn't want to get fired for coming forward about the unsafe working condition I reported. I asked the examiner to have the employer read my unsafe working condition complaint and she said, "WE'RE NOT GOING THERE". I was SHOCKED!

I tried to bring up documents that the employer submitted that proved my case and the examiner wouldn't let me. None if my evidence was going to be allowed to be submitted. I was sure that the examiner had seen through some of the employer lies and I would still win. I got the answer in the mail that I had lost and have to pay back $1617 in benefits I received. I was SHOCKED AGAIN! I called OSHA,and found out the employer was guilty if firing me for reporting an unsafe work Condition but the 30 days I had to report the incident had expired.

I can prove that the TEXAS WORKFORCE COMMISSION knew and IGNORED that my employer had put me in danger by subjecting me to the unsafe work Condition I reported back in June of 2017. I just got a letter from TWC that their going to start legal action on me if I don't pay soon. These people are NOT TRUST WORTHY and employer and TWC are guilty if OSHA Violations. I am an EX-FIRE ALARM INSPECTOR, RETIRED. The pizza job was just a part-time supplementary job. This is not over, not even close. Stay away from TWC UNEMPLOYMENT UNTIL You've heard that they've been audited and found guilty.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I worked for Pilgrim's Pride and was denied benefits because my employer circumvented the refuse drug test policy. My immediate supervisor made my time there a living hell. I was never allowed a bathroom break and soon as I began exercising my rights by walking off the line as advised by my union rep. They said I was acting strange after they finally succeeded in hurting my shoulder and I had to go to the nurse. My supervisor stated I couldn't get a bathroom break because others were taking extra time. She never said a word to them.

My union rep witnessed a lot of my wrongdoing while there. The employer was a no show at appeal tribunal hearing and I was still denied benefits. My employer began plotting against me in my face. They retrieved an employer that was absent on the referenced days to lie and say I was acting strange by being hurt. I was not about to trust them in giving me an urine test that could have easily been sabotaged in some way or expired. Anything defective. How could I fighting that. I loved my job and was looking only to make my anniversary date. I believe I was fired for exercising my rights and they didn't want it to spread within the plant. By making me choose between a nightmare and a bad dream was not the intended purpose of that policy.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I worked for Liberty Rock (Sand and Gravel) in Anna,Texas for a few months or more in 2017-2018 driving an end dump rock Truck. The owner is trying to branch out into Bridgeport,Texas and open another property (yard) to house trucks. The work environment was not the best and the company ripped me off for about 350.00-500.00 and refused to pay me any of my wages owed for my last 6 days there. Anyhow, I had this employer admit to a TWC investigator on the phone that they DID take deductions and had not paid me any of my last wages as of that date.

After filing a complaint and going thru this the TWC decided the company did not owe me anything for my last 6 days of employment. Yes, The TWC Investigator decided that I should work for free for 6 days (letter received stating company did not owe me back wages of any kind) and then sent me a letter stating this. Again, The investigator decided that I was not owed anything after the company admitted to NOT paying me and further stating they took deductions and still owed me. I am speechless by this result after providing the material and getting this result.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I worked for Resource Staffing in Plano, Texas for roughly three months this year 2018. The Company I was placed with is a very well established Company here in DFW; also endowed as one of Fortune 500 and best companies to work for, very good Company overall. Was very happy with the assignment, both I and the permanent staff got along great, I felt like a part of the company as a result, I did a great job, successfully completed my assignment, they were impressed with my work to the point of giving me references should I need them.

Okay, as everyone now know once a temporary assignment ends, you must contact the Staffing Agency in the agency allotted time-frame for more work, or it might affect your unemployment. My assignment ended on a Friday at 5:00PM, so of course I called on Monday the next business day. To Note; When you call Resource Staffing you interact with who is available, it's not always your recruiter! On the Monday I called my recruiter was unavailable, so I provided this other recruiter my work available information, I was then transferred to my recruiter's voicemail, she called me a day later and we went over my availability, my resume as well as what work she currently had. Nothing she had was a good fit, so I kept in contact with her via email and phone as well. Went Online the Following Week Also and Input My Availability And continued to do so!!!

After not picking up work, I went ahead and file my unemployment the three days as is required by Texas Workforce, waited for it to be processed and received payment. After a couple of weeks and not received payment I called TWC and was told they are still waiting on my job. Okay, No worries they have certain time-frame to respond to new claims. I continued to wait! Knowing I did nothing wrong I expected to be paid! To my surprise Resource Staffing DENIED MY UNEMPLOYMENT; Told the TWC that I QUIT MY JOB/NEVER MADE MYSELF AVAIL FOR MORE WORK I at no time quit my job!!!! They claim I didn't go online in enough time to input my availability. But I was denied unemployment!!! This unethical and against the guidelines they set as well as TWC's.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I loved that I was getting unemployment, but the problem was when I fell for the bad trap, I decided to go to school for the workforce diesel Mechanic program thinking once I was done I was able to get the job, unfortunately that didn’t happen. I was also told that we would get interviewed while we were in class training for our job but nothing, I wasn't even able to learn anything either. I wasted a month at school when I could of found a job instead. I was left with no career or job like I was promised. When I was done I had to still go extra to class to get my CDL but I had no more money from my unemployment so I had to find a part time job. When I spoke to my career coach I explained to her why or how I need money and I was not able to continue my education until I found a job. She told me or acted as if she did not care and wanted me to go to finish even though I told her I have bills and rent and I had to help my roommate.

I even explained if I can find a part time job then I can go back to finish but she said no, and if I ever find another job then that was that and I was no longer going to get the help I needed by the workforce, and she said if she were to known she would of never put me on the program but I told her I was sorry that at least let me get a part time job to finish and she made it seem as if I was my fault if the program was canceled and she also told me all my records of employers will no longer be if I got a part time job or another job. And so she encouraged me to get a Mechanic job instead, But felt as if I made a mistake. And little did I known that the help I was going to get for my CDL was no longer there. I explained that it’s difficult to find a heavy duty mechanic job if she can help me but no help at all. Unfortunately I will have to continue my CDL education on my own. Workforce failed my satisfaction and I was not able to become a diesel Mechanic.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I was paid unemployment after I got illegitimately fired from a full-time job. I received unemployment for a while, and I had been driving for Uber part-time for a year prior to getting fired from the FT job. When I reported earnings for Uber one week and then not the next, my unemployment benefits stopped. I appealed it and told them that I didn't quit Uber. They told me that they viewed not working as quitting. I argued that I didn't quit and I still work for them when work is available (like special events in town). TWC still takes the stance that I quit and now I have to repay the money they paid me during my unemployment. Lesson learned: LIE. Do not report your earnings from Uber or rideshare driving. I was honest about reporting my earnings and it bit me in the butt.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I was granted unemployment and received it for a while. My mother passed away in another state. My unemployment was stopped because I went to her while she was sick and stayed for her funeral, I was deemed by Texas Workforce as not being available for work. So, then my employer told Texas workforce that I quit. I never quit, in fact I was called the week I returned and asked if I wanted some shifts. The recruiter lied and said that they never told TW that and that I'm still active in their system.

I appealed their decisions and they sent my hearing notification in the mail instead of electronically as I had signed up for. I was hit with overpayment, unavailability and quitting. I was never asked for my evidence which includes phone calls and text messages to and with this employer whom I still work part time for. Texas Workforce is unethical and unfair, and downright dirty and needs to be looked into. They do everything they can not to have to give you benefits including lying, and sabotage. There is no help for the common person like myself and others. I don't get high profile attention to my case so TW gets away with this.

Original review: May 21, 2018

First of all I would like to say that I applied for benefits on April 29. It is currently May 21 and I have yet to receive anything, although I have been contacted for further questioning due to my benefits case. I have so far done everything that I am required to do, as far as job searching and payment request. I was recently contacted in regards for further questioning of my former employment for my benefits. I don’t quite agree with the way I was being spoken to. I don’t mind being asked 1 million questions, but I don’t like the fact that I am being questioned and sarcastically replied to as I if I am some lowlife that wants to live off the government for free.

I was at my former employer for almost 4 years, I resigned for personal issues along with medical conditions that are temporary. I have been searching for jobs that meet my medical restriction requirements in the meantime to keep me afloat financially. Although I have yet to be successful at finding a job, I am searching for the benefit of me not and just to meet some requirements for the Texas Workforce Commission. All I am asking is to be treated and spoken to a little more professionally. As being a detention officer of my former employer, working with inmates, I have learned a treat everybody equally no matter who or where they come from and a matter what their convictions are. If I was able to maintain a professional stature of my former employer, why can’t someone else be able to do the same over a phone call. I’m sure those were their job requirements.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Got fired from my job and was awarded benefits with no problem. Got a job and worked one week, then got a bacterial infection and couldn't go back. Filed my payment request, reported the earnings, and got my ** put on hold. When I called in, I was told my reason for not going to work may disqualify me. Ok. Even if the doctor doesn't take you off work, but restricts you from doing certain things, you cant work anyway. There is no other duty for me to do. It's all food, and I refuse to go to work baking with a bacterial infection. It's just like having diarrhea. You don't go. This idiot asks me if I was aware of the health risks of the position. I didn't get sick because of the position. But because I wasn't able to work I may be disqualified. Now that ** right there is a catch 22.

And, how the hell are you supposed to make sure you have transportation to look for and/or get to work if you don't have a job, you aren't getting benefits, and you don't have gas? You obviously have no money coming in. So if this program is to help people find work, THEN HELP PEOPLE FIND WORK!!! Stop making ** rules to keep people from getting benefits. You cannot control getting sick. We worked for and paid in the money we have available, so let us ** have it to get by on while we find a job.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I recently applied for unemployment. I have worked my entire life. The agency totally lied and fired me because of an injury. I was turned down for UE because of the lies. I appealed and won so started getting my UE benefit. The agency I worked for appealed that decision to the three commissioners of TWC... Now two months later they won and all of a sudden my benefits ended and now I owe it all back, with basically no recourse other than court!! They decided to overturn the appeal tribunal's decision and believe the lies. These commissioners all represent the agency I worked for and themselves... so totally unfair if a system... of course they want the money back!! Someone needs to change this process... Since an appeal is won... that should be it!! Awful agency.

Original review: March 13, 2018

When I have to deal with this agency it's a nightmare and waste of time. From their phone systems always hanging up on me, lines are always too busy, inaccurate notes, denied benefits for being laid off, and poor unfair treatment of claims it's a complete nightmare to deal with these people. Even when it's a clear cut case as stated on their website, and I provide evidence of me being fired or laid off at the end of a hard worked week and done absolutely nothing wrong, my benefits are still declined, and I am forced to live with no money when raising my four kids at home.

Thankfully God looks out for me when this miserable place does nothing to help me. I pay years into these funds for a hard times situation as when I am laid off and the fools who run these companies don't allow me to receive benefits I clearly deserve. I meet all requirements as stated on the website, done nothing wrong, and still get denied. We workers have no right in Texas and laws should change, it's BS!

There should be better laws put in place for us hard workers and stop protecting the corrupt businesses that screw us over. Between the liars and corrupt people who destroy our lives the government ran service providers are also a failure on today's society. This should be ran better to protect us hard working citizens. This place is a terrible business that fails on the workers of today! Poor customer service, poor support for us US citizens who work their butts off to receive nothing. I hate dealing with these losers, it's a waste of time, and I never get anything for all the work I put in. Shut these places down, hire trained professionals, change laws to protect us employees, and get more support for us working Americans!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I left a job for breach of contract in 2002. I talked to a person at Texas Workforce Commission and told them very, very specifically that I did not know if I qualified for unemployment and that I did NOT want to be in a position where I would get benefits and then have them come back and say I owed them money. I was assured repeatedly that if qualified, I would owe the state of Texas nothing. So... they approved me without contacting my former employer first, paid me $7000 in benefits... and then came back saying my claim was denied and guess what... I owed them $7000.

I am now (2017/2018) unemployed by means of lay off, have full approval for unemployment from my former employer, and in danger of losing my home because TWC refused to admit they made a mistake and lied to me. My personal review of the Texas Workforce Commission and their unemployment compensation program is that you cannot trust them. They will lie, they will distort the facts, and they are an uncaring, irrational, bloated, under regulated agency that needs a FULL house cleaning from top to bottom.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I was laid off work on 12/7/2017, my employer filed for me so there was no dispute from them, but yet it took the full 6 weeks for anyone to process my claim. I tried calling to see if they needed additional information but I could never get a hold of anyone. The only time I did it was because I went down to the local TWC office. I asked to speak to someone about unemployment and they tried to tell me to call the main number but I had called 20-40 times a day for 2 weeks and never got through so I said "No! I need to talk to a PERSON, that number is a dead end to nowhere."

A very nice lady called a secret number for employees and let me speak to someone. That someone only said "it's a lengthy process, I have no other info. Just keep submitting your payment requests and when and if your claim is approved, you will be back paid for the weeks you waited" so I held tight and waited. 6 weeks went by and finally a payment was approved but only for 1 week... I am not happy. I can't get a hold of anyone still and I will be filing an appeal. I am depending on this money to pay bills. I have complied with all their work search requirements and there is NO reason not to pay me the money I am owed.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I was laid off after being kept on board at my last position longer than time & budget would allow, as a gracious favor by my former employer. I applied for benefits on Oct 15 & told that all applications take 4-6 weeks to process & for a decision to be made. I am now in my 7th week and not only is my claim still being "reviewed", I have been given ZERO information on my claim status. It is a tremendous struggle just to get someone on the phone, and even when I do, they do not provide anything but false information.

I'm getting ready to hire a lawyer to initiate litigation regarding this matter, as well as to seek compensation for my claim, and the pain & suffering caused by TWC's incompetence. It's absurd to think that, in 2017, the state of Texas is allowing people to go months without any type of income simply due to a perceived lack of support and/or manpower. One would think that the unemployment division would further reduce Texas' already low unemployment rate by hiring those who are in desperate need of work, to offset their personnel needs & be able to service unemployment claims in a more timely manner, but that would make too much sense.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I was laid off in Sept of 2017, filed for unemployment. Was approved, got email notification of payment. I had signed up for direct deposit, checked my bank account and no deposit. Took 4 hours to get a live person on the phone. Every time I tried t to call got, "Due to high call volume we cannot handle your call. Please try again." When I finally got a human they said I had an overpayment from 2003/2004 and would be receiving a letter.

Appears that in 2004 (Feb 5th) they sent me a letter requesting a copy of my social security card. In December of 2003 I was living in a garage apt and I got married. The living situation was not good and I moved. The person I rented from did not hold my mail and in that letter from 2004, it said I needed to call them on March 31st. I had called and given them my new address but they had already mailed the February letter, needless to say, I missed the March phone call and they turned the unemployment I had received from September 2003 to January 2004 into overpayments. I filled an appeal in October of 2017 as soon as I found out. Had my telephone conference on Nov 3rd with them and explained that I never got the letter. The packet I received about a week before the hearing States file not found.

I explained at the end of the phone conversation that I would not have intentionally NOT called them and explained I was turning sixty and raising my grandchild. I also explained that in August of 2017 they found a brain tumor and that in Sept of 2017, I had to have gamma knife radiation. He said it normally takes up to 10 business days but that this would only take a few days, he also gave me a number to call to check on the status of my claim, (now that's a joke cause you never get a human). Today November 15th, 2017 they have denied my appeal stating that they are upholding their decision from 2004 because I did not file a timely appeal. So I'll now lose everything and on top of that they want me to pay them over 4,000.00 dollars in overpayment. I AM A HUMAN BEING. I AM NOT A NUMBER AND WHAT THEY HAVE DONE IT'S HORRIBLE.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I left job for poor working conditions and assault. It took three months to get unemployment. I could never talk to them because of a high call volume. Then when I could not go to work for two days because I was sick, they cancelled all benefits. I lost my apt and my job. I am even professional and a hard worker.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I was laid off by a company with the comment "we're sorry to let you go" and that was that! When I applied for unemployment compensation (UC) it was denied because TX is an "at-will State" & employees can be fired for any reason... I've been laid off from other companies that had major layoffs & never have I qualified for UC. TWC turns the other cheek when an employer makes up a reason for their lay-offs... I'm fed up with TWC, the company is pro-business & will accept any concoction the company feeds them. This is a BIG example of corrupt Corporate America!!

Texas Workforce Commission Company Information