1.27/5
Based on 140 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

171 Texas Workforce Commission Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 13, 2018

I worked for Resource Staffing in Plano, Texas for roughly three months this year 2018. The Company I was placed with is a very well established Company here in DFW; also endowed as one of Fortune 500 and best companies to work for, very good Company overall. Was very happy with the assignment, both I and the permanent staff got along great, I felt like a part of the company as a result, I did a great job, successfully completed my assignment, they were impressed with my work to the point of giving me references should I need them.

Okay, as everyone now know once a temporary assignment ends, you must contact the Staffing Agency in the agency allotted time-frame for more work, or it might affect your unemployment. My assignment ended on a Friday at 5:00PM, so of course I called on Monday the next business day. To Note; When you call Resource Staffing you interact with who is available, it's not always your recruiter! On the Monday I called my recruiter was unavailable, so I provided this other recruiter my work available information, I was then transferred to my recruiter's voicemail, she called me a day later and we went over my availability, my resume as well as what work she currently had. Nothing she had was a good fit, so I kept in contact with her via email and phone as well. Went Online the Following Week Also and Input My Availability And continued to do so!!!

After not picking up work, I went ahead and file my unemployment the three days as is required by Texas Workforce, waited for it to be processed and received payment. After a couple of weeks and not received payment I called TWC and was told they are still waiting on my job. Okay, No worries they have certain time-frame to respond to new claims. I continued to wait! Knowing I did nothing wrong I expected to be paid! To my surprise Resource Staffing DENIED MY UNEMPLOYMENT; Told the TWC that I QUIT MY JOB/NEVER MADE MYSELF AVAIL FOR MORE WORK I at no time quit my job!!!! They claim I didn't go online in enough time to input my availability. But I was denied unemployment!!! This unethical and against the guidelines they set as well as TWC's.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I loved that I was getting unemployment, but the problem was when I fell for the bad trap, I decided to go to school for the workforce diesel Mechanic program thinking once I was done I was able to get the job, unfortunately that didn’t happen. I was also told that we would get interviewed while we were in class training for our job but nothing, I wasn't even able to learn anything either. I wasted a month at school when I could of found a job instead. I was left with no career or job like I was promised. When I was done I had to still go extra to class to get my CDL but I had no more money from my unemployment so I had to find a part time job. When I spoke to my career coach I explained to her why or how I need money and I was not able to continue my education until I found a job. She told me or acted as if she did not care and wanted me to go to finish even though I told her I have bills and rent and I had to help my roommate.

I even explained if I can find a part time job then I can go back to finish but she said no, and if I ever find another job then that was that and I was no longer going to get the help I needed by the workforce, and she said if she were to known she would of never put me on the program but I told her I was sorry that at least let me get a part time job to finish and she made it seem as if I was my fault if the program was canceled and she also told me all my records of employers will no longer be if I got a part time job or another job. And so she encouraged me to get a Mechanic job instead, But felt as if I made a mistake. And little did I known that the help I was going to get for my CDL was no longer there. I explained that it’s difficult to find a heavy duty mechanic job if she can help me but no help at all. Unfortunately I will have to continue my CDL education on my own. Workforce failed my satisfaction and I was not able to become a diesel Mechanic.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 27, 2018

I was paid unemployment after I got illegitimately fired from a full-time job. I received unemployment for a while, and I had been driving for Uber part-time for a year prior to getting fired from the FT job. When I reported earnings for Uber one week and then not the next, my unemployment benefits stopped. I appealed it and told them that I didn't quit Uber. They told me that they viewed not working as quitting. I argued that I didn't quit and I still work for them when work is available (like special events in town). TWC still takes the stance that I quit and now I have to repay the money they paid me during my unemployment. Lesson learned: LIE. Do not report your earnings from Uber or rideshare driving. I was honest about reporting my earnings and it bit me in the butt.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I was granted unemployment and received it for a while. My mother passed away in another state. My unemployment was stopped because I went to her while she was sick and stayed for her funeral, I was deemed by Texas Workforce as not being available for work. So, then my employer told Texas workforce that I quit. I never quit, in fact I was called the week I returned and asked if I wanted some shifts. The recruiter lied and said that they never told TW that and that I'm still active in their system.

I appealed their decisions and they sent my hearing notification in the mail instead of electronically as I had signed up for. I was hit with overpayment, unavailability and quitting. I was never asked for my evidence which includes phone calls and text messages to and with this employer whom I still work part time for. Texas Workforce is unethical and unfair, and downright dirty and needs to be looked into. They do everything they can not to have to give you benefits including lying, and sabotage. There is no help for the common person like myself and others. I don't get high profile attention to my case so TW gets away with this.

Original review: May 21, 2018

First of all I would like to say that I applied for benefits on April 29. It is currently May 21 and I have yet to receive anything, although I have been contacted for further questioning due to my benefits case. I have so far done everything that I am required to do, as far as job searching and payment request. I was recently contacted in regards for further questioning of my former employment for my benefits. I don’t quite agree with the way I was being spoken to. I don’t mind being asked 1 million questions, but I don’t like the fact that I am being questioned and sarcastically replied to as I if I am some lowlife that wants to live off the government for free.

I was at my former employer for almost 4 years, I resigned for personal issues along with medical conditions that are temporary. I have been searching for jobs that meet my medical restriction requirements in the meantime to keep me afloat financially. Although I have yet to be successful at finding a job, I am searching for the benefit of me not and just to meet some requirements for the Texas Workforce Commission. All I am asking is to be treated and spoken to a little more professionally. As being a detention officer of my former employer, working with inmates, I have learned a treat everybody equally no matter who or where they come from and a matter what their convictions are. If I was able to maintain a professional stature of my former employer, why can’t someone else be able to do the same over a phone call. I’m sure those were their job requirements.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Texas Workforce Commission?

Original review: May 15, 2018

Got fired from my job and was awarded benefits with no problem. Got a job and worked one week, then got a bacterial infection and couldn't go back. Filed my payment request, reported the earnings, and got my ** put on hold. When I called in, I was told my reason for not going to work may disqualify me. Ok. Even if the doctor doesn't take you off work, but restricts you from doing certain things, you cant work anyway. There is no other duty for me to do. It's all food, and I refuse to go to work baking with a bacterial infection. It's just like having diarrhea. You don't go. This idiot asks me if I was aware of the health risks of the position. I didn't get sick because of the position. But because I wasn't able to work I may be disqualified. Now that ** right there is a catch 22.

And, how the hell are you supposed to make sure you have transportation to look for and/or get to work if you don't have a job, you aren't getting benefits, and you don't have gas? You obviously have no money coming in. So if this program is to help people find work, THEN HELP PEOPLE FIND WORK!!! Stop making ** rules to keep people from getting benefits. You cannot control getting sick. We worked for and paid in the money we have available, so let us ** have it to get by on while we find a job.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I recently applied for unemployment. I have worked my entire life. The agency totally lied and fired me because of an injury. I was turned down for UE because of the lies. I appealed and won so started getting my UE benefit. The agency I worked for appealed that decision to the three commissioners of TWC... Now two months later they won and all of a sudden my benefits ended and now I owe it all back, with basically no recourse other than court!! They decided to overturn the appeal tribunal's decision and believe the lies. These commissioners all represent the agency I worked for and themselves... so totally unfair if a system... of course they want the money back!! Someone needs to change this process... Since an appeal is won... that should be it!! Awful agency.

Original review: March 13, 2018

When I have to deal with this agency it's a nightmare and waste of time. From their phone systems always hanging up on me, lines are always too busy, inaccurate notes, denied benefits for being laid off, and poor unfair treatment of claims it's a complete nightmare to deal with these people. Even when it's a clear cut case as stated on their website, and I provide evidence of me being fired or laid off at the end of a hard worked week and done absolutely nothing wrong, my benefits are still declined, and I am forced to live with no money when raising my four kids at home.

Thankfully God looks out for me when this miserable place does nothing to help me. I pay years into these funds for a hard times situation as when I am laid off and the fools who run these companies don't allow me to receive benefits I clearly deserve. I meet all requirements as stated on the website, done nothing wrong, and still get denied. We workers have no right in Texas and laws should change, it's BS!

There should be better laws put in place for us hard workers and stop protecting the corrupt businesses that screw us over. Between the liars and corrupt people who destroy our lives the government ran service providers are also a failure on today's society. This should be ran better to protect us hard working citizens. This place is a terrible business that fails on the workers of today! Poor customer service, poor support for us US citizens who work their butts off to receive nothing. I hate dealing with these losers, it's a waste of time, and I never get anything for all the work I put in. Shut these places down, hire trained professionals, change laws to protect us employees, and get more support for us working Americans!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I left a job for breach of contract in 2002. I talked to a person at Texas Workforce Commission and told them very, very specifically that I did not know if I qualified for unemployment and that I did NOT want to be in a position where I would get benefits and then have them come back and say I owed them money. I was assured repeatedly that if qualified, I would owe the state of Texas nothing. So... they approved me without contacting my former employer first, paid me $7000 in benefits... and then came back saying my claim was denied and guess what... I owed them $7000.

I am now (2017/2018) unemployed by means of lay off, have full approval for unemployment from my former employer, and in danger of losing my home because TWC refused to admit they made a mistake and lied to me. My personal review of the Texas Workforce Commission and their unemployment compensation program is that you cannot trust them. They will lie, they will distort the facts, and they are an uncaring, irrational, bloated, under regulated agency that needs a FULL house cleaning from top to bottom.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I was laid off work on 12/7/2017, my employer filed for me so there was no dispute from them, but yet it took the full 6 weeks for anyone to process my claim. I tried calling to see if they needed additional information but I could never get a hold of anyone. The only time I did it was because I went down to the local TWC office. I asked to speak to someone about unemployment and they tried to tell me to call the main number but I had called 20-40 times a day for 2 weeks and never got through so I said "No! I need to talk to a PERSON, that number is a dead end to nowhere."

A very nice lady called a secret number for employees and let me speak to someone. That someone only said "it's a lengthy process, I have no other info. Just keep submitting your payment requests and when and if your claim is approved, you will be back paid for the weeks you waited" so I held tight and waited. 6 weeks went by and finally a payment was approved but only for 1 week... I am not happy. I can't get a hold of anyone still and I will be filing an appeal. I am depending on this money to pay bills. I have complied with all their work search requirements and there is NO reason not to pay me the money I am owed.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I was laid off after being kept on board at my last position longer than time & budget would allow, as a gracious favor by my former employer. I applied for benefits on Oct 15 & told that all applications take 4-6 weeks to process & for a decision to be made. I am now in my 7th week and not only is my claim still being "reviewed", I have been given ZERO information on my claim status. It is a tremendous struggle just to get someone on the phone, and even when I do, they do not provide anything but false information.

I'm getting ready to hire a lawyer to initiate litigation regarding this matter, as well as to seek compensation for my claim, and the pain & suffering caused by TWC's incompetence. It's absurd to think that, in 2017, the state of Texas is allowing people to go months without any type of income simply due to a perceived lack of support and/or manpower. One would think that the unemployment division would further reduce Texas' already low unemployment rate by hiring those who are in desperate need of work, to offset their personnel needs & be able to service unemployment claims in a more timely manner, but that would make too much sense.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I was laid off in Sept of 2017, filed for unemployment. Was approved, got email notification of payment. I had signed up for direct deposit, checked my bank account and no deposit. Took 4 hours to get a live person on the phone. Every time I tried t to call got, "Due to high call volume we cannot handle your call. Please try again." When I finally got a human they said I had an overpayment from 2003/2004 and would be receiving a letter.

Appears that in 2004 (Feb 5th) they sent me a letter requesting a copy of my social security card. In December of 2003 I was living in a garage apt and I got married. The living situation was not good and I moved. The person I rented from did not hold my mail and in that letter from 2004, it said I needed to call them on March 31st. I had called and given them my new address but they had already mailed the February letter, needless to say, I missed the March phone call and they turned the unemployment I had received from September 2003 to January 2004 into overpayments. I filled an appeal in October of 2017 as soon as I found out. Had my telephone conference on Nov 3rd with them and explained that I never got the letter. The packet I received about a week before the hearing States file not found.

I explained at the end of the phone conversation that I would not have intentionally NOT called them and explained I was turning sixty and raising my grandchild. I also explained that in August of 2017 they found a brain tumor and that in Sept of 2017, I had to have gamma knife radiation. He said it normally takes up to 10 business days but that this would only take a few days, he also gave me a number to call to check on the status of my claim, (now that's a joke cause you never get a human). Today November 15th, 2017 they have denied my appeal stating that they are upholding their decision from 2004 because I did not file a timely appeal. So I'll now lose everything and on top of that they want me to pay them over 4,000.00 dollars in overpayment. I AM A HUMAN BEING. I AM NOT A NUMBER AND WHAT THEY HAVE DONE IT'S HORRIBLE.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I left job for poor working conditions and assault. It took three months to get unemployment. I could never talk to them because of a high call volume. Then when I could not go to work for two days because I was sick, they cancelled all benefits. I lost my apt and my job. I am even professional and a hard worker.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I was laid off by a company with the comment "we're sorry to let you go" and that was that! When I applied for unemployment compensation (UC) it was denied because TX is an "at-will State" & employees can be fired for any reason... I've been laid off from other companies that had major layoffs & never have I qualified for UC. TWC turns the other cheek when an employer makes up a reason for their lay-offs... I'm fed up with TWC, the company is pro-business & will accept any concoction the company feeds them. This is a BIG example of corrupt Corporate America!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I was recently terminated due to workforce reduction, and I tried to apply for unemployment online. I received a message that I had to call them, so I have tried ALL day. I keep getting a message that due to the high call volume, they cannot handle my call. How in the heck am I supposed to apply for the benefits I need??? There should be another resource to get the application in, so I do not lose my apartment and car due to not being able to acquire the benefits I need to survive while I search for a new job.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I applied for unemployment benefits thru TX Workforce Commission after successfully finishing a one-year contract for a staffing agency (working on site for a credit union) on May 31, 2017. Since I followed all the rules and the agency had not been able to place me in a new position by the end of June, I assumed my benefits would be an easy thing to get.

I got a voicemail message to call case worker "Debbie" to discuss my case and did so immediately, twice. When she finally called back days later, I honestly thought I was speaking to a robotic automated message at first. Having been in customer service for over 20 years, I know how to speak to someone on the phone, especially when that person is going thru a difficult time. You must show empathy and compassion. It became immediately obvious to me that no one monitors the case worker phone calls because this woman is really rude and condescending. I am sure she has never heard of the word compassion.

On this first call she asked me why I turned down a "job offer" from the staffing agency in the 2nd week of June. I was confused because I had not received any job offers. She repeated the question with more impatience. I finally realized she was talking about a call I had received from the agency supervisor where she herself said, "You probably don't want to consider this job because it's almost 20 miles from your home, is temporary, and pays only $11-12 an hour." I had been receiving $17 an hour as an Administrative Specialist and drove 10 minutes to the job site so I did tell her "No, thank you."

At this point Debbie said, "So you turned down this job offer because it was farther than you wanted to travel or was it the money?” I answered "Both" which really seemed to anger her. She then lectured me about how she commutes 45 minutes every day and I shouldn't be turning down a job offer just because it wasn't the same money I had been receiving. I tried to tell her that making $11 an hour while commuting for more than an hour would end up netting me minimum wage after gas and car expenses, and that I would risk being late to work every day. Then I explained to her that the staffing agency was not offering me employment, but simply letting me know there was an opening. She told me they considered it a job referral or job offer.

How insane is it that a case worker in this line of work doesn't know the difference? The outcome of that upsetting call was that she only awarded me 1 week of benefits instead of the 2 weeks I deserved. I am not a weepy sort of person but I really cried after that call. To be at such a low point in my life and be spoken to as if I was doing something wrong is truly awful. Shameful treatment of someone who has worked all her life and now finds herself in very depressing time.

On July 16 I requested benefits online and truthfully reported that I had been offered a job on July 11, but it was for part-time and no benefits. I wrote in great detail that I was also interviewed on July 11 by another company with a good full-time position with benefits. I turned down the part-time job because I was about to have a 2nd and 3rd interview with the other company and getting this full-time job was very promising. Unfortunately the employer said they had to put a hold on hiring and that I should check back in September or October. I continued my job search but I’m still unemployed and continued to request benefits. I received benefits the rest of July and well into August.

On August 29 I was forced to speak to Debbie again. I had no clue why she would be calling. Come to find out she was asking me to explain myself regarding turning down the part-time job. It took her 44 days to get around to following up. She never bothered to read my online explanation so I repeated what happened. She asked, "Are you working now?" I could feel the anger rising in me again because this woman does not listen to me, but I stayed calm and said, "No. Like I said, the job has been put on hold." She abruptly finished the call in her robotic tone so I thought I could get back to finding a job with a little bit of unemployment benefits to help pay for my gas, cell phone bill, and some groceries.

The next day I was shocked to find that I received several notices from TX Workforce Commission. What now? The first stated I had been disqualified from benefits because I turned down employment. The next notice stated I was overpaid $1,868 and that I would not be receiving any further benefits until I paid them back. The 3rd notice was a payment coupon with instructions to send the check for $1,868 immediately. I was in complete disbelief!

This is what telling the truth got me. I wrote my appeal immediately and stated why it made no financial sense for me to accept the part-time job that would net me $149.50 a week after taxes and Obamacare medical insurance. I can't help support my family with that paycheck. I also mentioned that at no time was I told that if I turned down any offer of employment no matter how minimal that I would be disqualified for unemployment benefits.

I included "This wouldn't have been an issue if Debbie had done her job in a timely manner and not waited over 6 weeks to call me". I ended it by stating I am unable to pay them because I am unemployed. Jeez, duh! So she was able to add more misery to my life and I'm sure she slept just fine afterward. After reading the comments on this ConsumerAffairs website I realize I will undoubtedly lose my appeal.

I did nothing wrong and I deserved those benefits. I have been killing myself sending out my resume, calling and writing prospective employers, joining 2 more staffing agencies, and going on interviews that end in the same "Sorry" answer. It is getting harder and harder to stay upbeat and positive. It is so depressing.

By the way, according to the mission statement on the TX Workforce Commission site they are committed to "Promote and support a workforce system that creates value and offers the individual the opportunity to achieve and sustain economic prosperity". Nothing could be further than the truth!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I was terminated from employment 8/1/17. Waited two weeks of back and forth review of claim. The claim was denied. Vague reasons given just to get to use the word misconduct even know there was no evidence. Appeal takes 6 to 8 weeks. No benefits until hearing determination. The bottom line is that I cannot claim benefits that I am entitled to. Not receiving claims will cause me financial harm. Have to hire an attorney. Unemployment is supposed to be a bridge between jobs. TWC has washed out that bridge making a bad situation much worse. Contacting the Governor.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Here's the bottom line, they will not accept your claim if you are not laid off for any reason. I had to quit my job as my wife moved and got a new career job and because we have been taking care of a terminally ill person in our immediate family every day. Those are two qualifying items and I VERIFIED WITH THE commission before quitting. To make a story short, they denied my request and appeal. Straight up liars. It's also impossible to get into contact with anyone. In the meantime I've decided to start a 4 year college degree because I am still young, and I've got a lot of money in a savings account. I'm not too angry because of that, but I can never rely on Texas giving me a boost to find another job because of impossible circumstances.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Filed for unemployment May 26, 2017 and have not received any funds. I tried calling on Monday for 1 hr. and 45 minutes and could not get through. This morning I received at call at 7:13 a.m. from Eli ** with the Texas Workforce Commission. I kept him on the line while I Googled the phone number he was calling from. Nothing would come up. The only information he got from me was my birthday which isn't that big a deal. The number he called from was 210-258-6845. He also told me to call 1-800-819-9146, ext. ** at 8:00 a.m. When I Google that number it is suspicious also.

Original review: June 26, 2017

To whomever can make a change. I am writing my story because I am training for a job to drive a school bus in the city of Houston. I am in a work searching program entitled Workforce Solution which requires me to submit what they call a job search log to be part of their program. I have to submit my log only between the hours 8 am to noon every Monday. When I get to the place they make me wait more than 3 hours just to see a worker for submitting my work hours log and because of that I missed my job training in several occasions.

Now this place has become an obstacle for me to finish my driving training which is 4 hours every for 5 days a week and to start a new job. I am writing my complain because many people are complaining about this institution and in some occasions people wait more than 4 hours to be seeing by someone, the service is poor, and they have many paperwork to complete and submitted which cause lots of wasted time to the public and abstract people to get a job.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I have worked my entire life... Paid, Lord only knows how much, in taxes. I lost my job after 17 years of employment. Filed for unemployment benefits & almost 8 weeks later it's still pending! There's been no contact or explanation of status. The loss of a job and all income is too serious to have such poor turnaround time from this agency. My daughter & I could go homeless & starving before I ever hear a word from Texas Workforce. Beyond ridiculous!

Original review: June 22, 2017

Problematic at every point with little to no cooperation. Impossible to talk to an actual person on the phone. Teleserv very one dimensional with little detail regarding account. Declined payment requests with very vague reasoning to why (probably because 9/10 times you can't talk to an actual person about your issues). Appeal processes ("It may take six to eight weeks to receive a hearing information packet with information about your appeal. TWC will mail you the packet five to 10 days before your hearing." This is what I was actually told after trying to file an appeal. Unacceptable for someone who is counting on Unemployment to pay bills.)

Correspondence mailbox (TWC's own email system) is down too often and I can't check on information they are sending. I don't receive anything in the via physical mail which I wanted to address, but again, I can't get in actual contact with anyone via the phone numbers the website provides. The two times I was able to talk to a person I was treated horribly. I'm not happy I'm utilizing unemployment. I'm not happy my job of 9 years laid me off and I'm struggling to find work. It's very good that I have thick skin because it would seem the people who talk on the phone despise the callers and look down on us. I felt like I should be ashamed for requesting payment from a system I've gladly paid into for almost a decade.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I submitted a unemployment claim 3-6-17. Did not receive my first check for 5 weeks. Then the employer appealed and I did not receive a letter from TWC requesting my attendance for the appeal. The TWC is incompetent and do not return phone calls. The mail they send out does not correlate with what they have online. Very unprofessional and slow to get anything accomplished.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I have been visiting the Texas Workforce in Houston Texas since 2012. I first began visiting at the 1960 location and I am now currently at the Northline Commons location. The staff at both locations seem to think it is okay embarrass as the staff put it, the patrons that visit. If I just told you, you probably wouldn't believe it. I had to tell my investigator to come sit in the build for himself and see. The location is 4400 A North Freeway, Houston, Texas 77022. The phone number is 713-692-6131. The way that this location is ran is absolutely horrific. So bad to the point the monitor the patron computer activity from other computers in the building and if you so happen to be working on something that is proprietary they talk about it loud amongst on another as if to be humorous but it not.

I lost a deal for my business and a logo for my tailgate tags. They actual have all my personal business be talked about, and none of it is their business at all. I don't know the staff at this location outside of a hello. And that have not business regarding me as if we are long time friends because we are NOT... They have gotten so comfortable with the computer hacking that they have started take up money in bets when I get there. "Let's see how much money she gonna make us today, she ain't gon' say nothing." When I get on the phones to call my lawyer they intercept my call and actually have the audacity to let me know that they are intercepting my calls. Especially the tall ** women with the short hair and glasses... I'm just making sure I have a legitimate reason to sue them!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

This is one of the worst agencies outside of the Dept of Family and Protective Services!!! I am the victim of identity theft and it was reported to them in 2012, but of course they did absolutely nothing until IRS got involved and deemed it as such. They even allowed someone to use my information to not only work in Tx but California as well, and are forcing me to pay them back money that's not owed to them! But thank God the judicial system works in my favor because you are being sued!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

Long story, I will cut as short as possible. This is a 3 year situation and in the end we had to move because of my health. Moved into Condo unit with parking and steps immediately in front of unit. As we brought before it was built we were not aware of the steps and parking situation. As I am a severe heart patient getting around parked cars and then up steps was a major issue. The McKinney ER people had a hard time trying to get me out of the unit the day I had a heart attack. That alone caused stress for me should it happen again. We asked the "builder HOA" to allow a no parking spot for me so I could get to my unit and then install a chair lift to accommodate my health needs. The builder HOA turned me down many times. I went to the City of McKinney and they could not do anything for me.

As my situation became more serious I went to HUD. As I felt that I was discrimination against personally plus health wise by refusing a minor accommodation for my health. HUD sent me to Texas Workforce. The investigator really was a great help and understood and saw the problem first hand. However Texas Workforce sided with the builder who said: "Anyone would have a problem getting around the park cars." Based on that statement I was yet discriminated against again by the TWF where I had been sent for help. Not only was I discriminated against because of my health need but then sold out by the department that was to help me.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I can log in but cannot make a claim because my social security # seems to be tied up. I went to my local office and they said it could only be resolved by calling Austin. I called 30 times Friday, 41 times Monday and I'm up to 19 so far today. The local WF office gave me these "special" instructions where I could at least get in a waiting line. That does not even work. Now, if and when I do finally get through to a person that can actually fix my problem I would bet they'll tell me I'm out of luck for this week's claim because I did not get it filed on Tuesday. I understand if they are swamped but this is ridiculous. This is obviously the most understaffed and poorly managed institution in the state.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2016

Texas Workforce Commission has no boundaries and operates with total impunity. Judgments pertaining to appeals are a kangaroo court system. In my case, I was awarded UI benefits from a legitimate layoff, in 2009. After 3 months of actively seeking work (but not finding anything - whatsoever) I tried to take a CNA training course. TWC immediately terminated all UI benefits on grounds that I "was not actively seeking employment." My mistake was truthfully reporting my actions. Next, I accepted a job at a Texas nursing home. The agreement was for part-time work with training to pass the required state board exams. But all I did was lift obese residents - all day. The nursing home never provided any training and scheduled me for 60 hour weeks. Of course the hours over 40 per week were carefully scheduled to prevent overtime.

Luckily, I found other work, but the damage was already done. TWC called the nursing home and allegedly spoke to a "manager" who claimed that I quit because, "I made more $$$ sitting at home." TWC used these unsubstantiated statements to award themselves $2300 in overpayments. These overpayments are based on a time period which preceded the training class and the brief period where I was "employed" by the nursing home. Note, as soon as I reported taking a class, UI benefits ceased.

TWC supposedly spoke to someone from the nursing home, but were totally unable to verify exactly who this person was. It could have been anyone, from anywhere. TWC ruled against my appeal (big surprise) and had 3 years in which to garnish wages or seize bank accounts. TWC took no action until 2016. Now, after a full year of unemployability, TWC has seized my entire bank account - a whopping $508. What am I supposed to eat? Thanks for reading my rant. Changing my name to "Better Off Dead".

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

I have been unemployed since August 4, 2016 and filed for benefits on the 8th. After eventually receiving a voicemail from a worker on a Friday I was given til tues at 10 am to call back. I called back three times and left messages only to get a disqualification of benefits in the mail stating I had quit my job when I was actually terminated via email and was in the middle of lawsuits related to this. The caseworker claims that I never called him. So I appealed the decision and awaited for my hearing only to register and await the call of someone else telling me my hearing officer was unavailable to conduct my hearing and it would have to be rescheduled. I waited another two weeks to receive another packet and then two more weeks for my rescheduled hearing date.

Mind you I'm still unemployed and not receiving any money for any bills with three kids to care for. So appeal hearing date #2 arrives, I register online and wait... My phone rings, I answer only to hear the exact same voice as before telling me the exact same excuses as before. At my own fault I was unaware that during this process I was still required to request payment for benefits in which I was and still am being denied. I filed a late payment request from the advice of tele-serv and was disqualified for those as well. The TWC has become the biggest joke for workers who are actually trying to do right. I know several people who get benefits that definitely shouldn't and then those that actually should get screwed around. No wonder the good quality workers are few and far between. Ridiculous!! I say we contact Greg Abbott with our complaints!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I came in to speak with a representative. It took almost an hour and a half to be seen. The problem used to be less employees more job seekers, but now it's more employees and no one seem to be helping anyone. They're just in their cubicles doing everything else but helping job seekers. They're talking to other co workers going back and forth into the staff room, but not assisting.

Texas Workforce Commission Company Information