3.9/5 (1275 ratings)

About Indeed

Indeed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed?

Original review: May 5, 2022

I am very disappointed with Indeed. I am a business owner and I was looking for employees. I have received about 15 applications, looked over everyone’s resumes and I have gave many calls to my top picks even including the appliers that I wasn’t interested in. I have even left them voicemails but not even one person responded back. Indeed still charged me $108 even though Indeed didn’t help me about anything. Also wasn’t useful in anyway. I urgently want my money back due to this bad service.

Indeed response

Hello Sude, we're sorry to hear about this experience. Please send us an email at socialcare@indeed.com with your Indeed account email and a description of the issue and we would be happy to look into this for you. Kind Regards, -Indeed Support

Update 5/6- we have issued a full refund in the amount of $108 to this client

Original review: April 8, 2022

I like Indeed for job postings. The thing I don't like, is there are some employers that will send you an email stating they saw your resume and they think you would be a good fit for their company. But here is the catch, when you respond you are interested and apply for the job, they don't respond back to you. Kind of scary, not sure if that is some sort of scam or phishing to get your info.

Indeed response

Hi James, thank you for reaching out. A member of our team has responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Original review: April 5, 2022

In the pursuit of a new job, I used all of the major job search sites such as Monster, LinkedIn, Zip Recruiter, Glassdoor and Indeed. I had no idea what I was getting into until I put my information on Indeed. Right away, I started getting job offers for jobs from companies that said that they saw my resume on Indeed. Cold calls and text at all times of the day. Even on Sunday mornings. They offered ridiculous pay rates such as $98,000 for data entry or remote customer service jobs. Or jobs offering $12.00 an hour for crappy jobs not even related to resume and employment history. Emails, text and cold calls every day. They all had one purpose. That was to get my personal information and social security number.

Some of the companies had fake job websites to make them seem legit. 100% of these scammers had one two things in common. They said that they got my information from Indeed and these were bad actors from India. I’m not talking about a few. Over an 8 month period, I would get at least one of these a day. Do the math. Indeed seems to be a database for scammers in India to find gullible people in the United States to steal their identity. I did not have this issue with any other job search board. Stay away from Indeed!!!

Hi Reggie,

We are very sorry to hear about your poor experience with Indeed. We have sent you a private message to further assist.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Companies are out of control and the laws protect their interests. Indeed has enough money to screen companies thoroughly prior to posting a company's ad for their profit. Before someone from Indeed replies to this post, I'm aware you verify companies, but Indeed does not, as most companies, consider the integrity for job seekers and thoroughly background check the companies they advertise.

Applied many times prior to a company that was interested in hiring me. This company treated like gum on a shoe, yelled at - and attacked me verbally when I didn't let them get away with vagueness. In other words, I didn't let this company treat me badly. While that was happening, I had to deal with their terribly mismanaged and chaotic "management." Since I reported the company to Indeed, I keep getting rejection after rejection for new jobs, only to find the company still lists their jobs on Indeed's platform.

Indeed is clearly not invested in job seeker integrity, but rather their profit gain with the companies who pay them to advertise. It is also part of this automation world. Plenty of other job search engines out there and good old fashioned word by mouth. I look forward to receiving some ridiculous response from Indeed. I'll try hard not to expend more energy on typing anything Indeed related, unless their response is obnoxiously suggestive and irresponsible.

Indeed response

Hello, thank you for reaching out. A member of our team has responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Original review: March 12, 2022

As a just starting small business posting an ad has become very expensive and not worth the money spent. After a month of service I was charged close to $300 for no people to click on the ad and or the ones that were interested were people that misread the ad. Within the month of service there was only 3 people that were interested and I contacted but again was not helpful to what I had in the Job posting. Starting a business is expensive as is, but with trying to hire people or offer services on Indeed is so expensive that it is not worth the time or money. It can be helpful if you have the money to waste.

Hi Pablo,

Best regards,

The Indeed Team

Original review: March 11, 2022

I made an account on Indeed to hire Employees for our company, our account was suspended and we were asked to verify the documents, it been over a month now and in spite of sending all the documents, we are not getting any solution to this problem, the quality team of indeed is pathetic, and there is no way to directly talk to them, you can only wait for their email. I would really appreciate if I could talk to someone over the phone and resolve this.

Indeed response

Hi there, we are very sorry to hear about your poor experience with Indeed. We have sent you a private message to further assist.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I have had issues with indeed.com as an employer seeking employees. I’ve been billed even though the job duration ad had expired. I set up a job posting for two weeks, and got a few decent possible employees, however, the billing is not correct and there is no one, I repeat no person no phone number to speak with anyone at Indeed. It is not possible. Also they have denied me access to my account and to the job candidates I collected even though I have paid my bill. I should have access to the possible employees I have already paid for. Do not do business with a company that has no way to speak with anyone. I am sure this is done intentionally and I will never use them again, I suggest you think long and hard before you do.

Indeed response

Hi Debbie, we are very sorry to hear about your poor experience with Indeed. We have sent you a private message to further assist.

Original review: March 7, 2022

User beware, If demographics don't matter only skill, education, and proven history Indeed shouldn't be asking job seekers if they are LGBTQ, belonging to a certain race, and why does gender/identity matter? How much of a kickback do they receive for outcasting everyone else? Used Indeed for years. Never had a problem, the recent 14 months no one will touch me because I don't belong to their supporting choice of demographic. In fact it's used against me. Indeed responds for the employer with a 24 hour time frame stating I'm not the right choice and moving forward. I've applied for jobs where I am more than qualified, qualified, and meet or exceed the requirements/expectations/education.

Consumers should know indeed is not executing their "assessment/quiz" adequately. An assessment taking 10 minutes in real-time is converted to "Indeed time" measuring 16 minutes dropping one's score to proficient. Business owners and organization are solely being offered/feed what Indeed deems adequate. Politically charged and favoring certain demographics is not beneficial to anyone or the workforce. Everyone needs to find other means of seeking employment!

Indeed response

Hello Jeremiah, thank you for reaching out. A member of our team has responded to your review by private message.

Original review: March 4, 2022

This will go down as one of my worst experiences dealing with a "legitimate" company that I've ever experienced. I understand they're trying to fight spam accounts, but there needs to be some logic to how this company operates. I recently created an LLC for a fast-casual takeout window in a fairly small town in Maine. I've done business there before, but my company was formerly under the umbrella of a sister company of a different name.

As I'm trying to assemble my team to be ready for the spring season (it's a seasonal restaurant), I created job postings on Indeed for 3 different job openings and began sending out invites and scheduling interviews. I had several interviews lined up when I received a notification saying the following: Your ability to post jobs on Indeed has been disabled. One or more of the jobs you posted on Indeed was deemed not consistent with Indeed's quality standards. You will not be able to post any jobs directly on Indeed.

I figured this must be a mistake; probably the result of a bot that hit an edge case resulting in the post being flagged. But on appealing the decision I received more information: Your account has been disabled because its relationship with your company could not be verified. For the security of our employers and job seekers, Indeed must verify accounts and jobs. Odd... Why wouldn't they try to verify BEFORE I had created job postings and lined up interviews?!

Ok, this is something I'm just gonna have to deal with. So how do I verify this is my company...? The email goes on to say: To verify your account, we would like for you to provide documentation relating to your company. Please provide us with one of the following items: Scan/image of your health inspection, Utility Bill with your company's name and address, Business license.

Well, I haven't been inspected yet, and to be totally honest, the health department has been slow to inspect many restaurants ever since COVID hit. So cross that off the list. A utility bill... well my restaurant shares a building space with the sister restaurant mentioned earlier, so all utilities are under a different business name. Cross that off the list. Business license! That'll work, but I'm out of the country for a few weeks and the LLC is being held at the post office, but that's ok because I can look up the LLC registration on the State of Maine government website. I also have the Employer Identification Number granted by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT proving I'm legitimate.

This is when my headache really began, because apparently Indeed does not accept a federal EIN, nor do they accept a listing from the State of Maine Secretary of State listing both your name and business name. At this point, I can safely assume that all my potential candidates have begun looking elsewhere for jobs. I have no ability to contact them and let them know the situation. I've pretty much been locked out of any action on the Indeed portal.

This would be fine if I lived in an area with a large pool of potential job seekers, but my town has a population of only 6,000, so once you exhaust that pool, you've got very limited options going forward. I make several attempts to call Indeed and speak with a representative who basically sums up the points made in the latest generic email response: "Yes, it looks like they do not accept a Federal EIN, and they do not accept a listing on the Maine Secretary of State website". Ok, thanks for that. What do they accept? "You can send a scan/image of your health inspection, a utility bill with your company's name and address, or a business license. Great, back to square one.

After some thought, I realized I DO have a bill from the previous year for a food order from one of our suppliers. The bill includes BOTH business names AND the street address! I think you can guess what response I get from attempting to submit this to Indeed. "Yes, it looks like they do not accept a food bill to prove ownership of your company. But you can send a scan/image of your health inspection, a utility bill with your company's name and address, or a business license.

You've got to be kidding me... at this point, I feel like I'm being toyed with by a bot. Like maybe there's nobody actually at the helm at Indeed. There are a few people picking up phones, but they communicate through email with a bottom-shelf AI program that's running the entire operation behind the curtain, long since abandoned and forgotten like out of a late-70s science fiction film.

I attempt to get a hold of someone,... anyone, with ANY decision-making power at the company, but any customer representative I ask leads me to the customer support page Indeed.com, which leads back to a low-level customer support representative. So where does this lead? As it stands now, I'm still battling to have my employer account unlocked so I can at least contact my candidates and explain what happened, but so far my attempts have been fruitless. However, I did receive a notification this morning that my automatic payment went through to Indeed, so at least there's that...

I did end up contacting a relative who was able to drive into town and pick up the official LLC document from the post office. I've sent in scans of all pages but have yet to hear back. My best guess is they'll reject the document and ask for a utility bill that lists the business name and address of the company.

Indeed response

Hi Eldon, we are very sorry to hear about this experience. We have an extensive moderation process that is designed to protect our job seekers and employers and all accounts are subject to this review. If you can send us an email to socialcare@indeed.com from your Indeed account email address we would be happy to have a look into the status of the review on your account.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Business owner here, I needed to hire someone for a position asap and they blocked my account saying they need ONE of the following items for business verification. I sent one of the items requested, and hours later they respond saying they will need another ONE of the documents (which I of course sent) each document clearly shows my business name, location, and address!

After a few hours they respond "It appears that your request may require specialized attention and our Client Success team can better assist you." Frustrated at this point I call customer service and was told send another document and it should be fine. I again obliged and again received the same response as before. The customer service is TERRIBLE and I am sure they steal the sensitive information of my business on all the documents I sent them. Employers beware. Your account will get blocked for no reason and attempting to get it back will result in a waste of time and effort and possible leak of sensitive information on your business!!

Indeed response

Hi there, we are very sorry to hear about the poor experience you had here. Can you please follow up with us by email at socialcare@indeed.com from your Indeed account email address so we can locate your Indeed account and have a closer look at what happened here?

Original review: March 1, 2022

This is a terrible company. If you pay enough they tell potential candidates that you do not meet the criteria. I had one person work for me temporarily stating she applied for my job on Indeed and was told she did not meet the criteria. I don't even know how many potential candidates were turned away so they could keep charging me month after month. This site is a scam to get you to keep paying.

Indeed response

Hello Susan, a member of our team has responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there so we can further assist.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

As a business, we find Indeed a money grabber. WE do not mind paying 500 CAD monthly but we need to see genuine care. First they have an option that sends people emails that this company (even worse, this person who is the company's manager) is interested in your profile. The matches are often incorrect, so the algorithm does not work for a niche company like ours. No matter what you do when putting the post, and even if you deactivated all options, it still manages to go through. Why? Because clicks create profit and you are mistaken if you think Indeed is cheap.

Now they have added the option of people checking your ads from all over the world (long overdue) when you add an online job. Guess what? They do not change the currency you have put the ad for and you are in the same country, so nearly everybody thinks you are placing ads in USD and not CAD, creating confusion and frustration. While you have no students outside Canada. Well, that creates more clicks! To top it off, they do not reveal candidates' emails unless you ask them explicitly. Why? Because "they have everything integrated!" What if we do not want to use Indeed's features after that. Why do we have to do it? If you tell them about these problems, they will never reply to you.

Indeed response

Hi Masoud, we would like to have a closer look into this to see how we can help. Can you please send us an email to socialcare@indeed.com from your Indeed account email address so we can locate your account and check this out?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

I am going to make this short. I used Indeed for a couple years until I found out what they do, they don't do any real research on the companies that applicants are going to give their personal information to. So that's why after you have applied to different jobs you start to receive unsolicited emails from telemarketers, because Indeed not only COLLECTS your information and sells it, but they also do not have a policy against telemarketing companies that PRETEND to need to hire you but they only are there to collect your data. If you complain to Indeed they pretend to understand and they act politely but after that they DELETE your account.

Indeed response

Hi Carmen, we take the security of our job seekers very seriously and we have an extensive moderation process in place for the jobs and accounts on Indeed. It's our priority to protect the personal information of our users. Please contact us by email at socialcare@indeed.com with more details so we can investigate what happened here.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I placed an ad for couple of openings with our company. After a few hours I received an e-mail stating that our ability to advertise was banned. In response to my inquiry, Indeed informed me that I violated one of their policies. I have been using the same ad for 4-5 years and It never seemed to be a problem before. Simple correction to an ad would fix the problem, but Indeed decided otherwise. After all, the only good part is it doesn't cost anything to advertise...the results are similar!

Indeed response

Hello Alexandr, thank you for reaching out and our team is here to help. We've responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there so we can further assist.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Our organization set up a Company Profile on Indeed.com to give our company better visibility to prospective job applicants. We worked very hard to achieve a 5-star rating on the 'Reviews' section of our Company Profile, which has been listed for several years now. Recently, a completely separate organization created an additional Company Profile on Indeed.com and used the exact same name as our Company, but did not include any differentiating info (such as a logo, address, phone#, Tax ID#, etc). This other organization obtained two negative reviews on their profile.

I brought this situation to the attention of several representatives at Indeed.com and asked them for assistance in differentiating our Profile (with a 5-star review average) from the other Profile of the same name (with a 1-star review average). Do you know what Indeed did next? They decided to MERGE the two profiles together, effectively forcing us to inherit 2 negative reviews that did not belong to us. I called and wrote Indeed several times to protest this egregious move and they flat out refuse to fix it even though they have acknowledged that the other Profile is/was not related to our Profile in any way, shape, or form. Now, they have irreparably tarnished our organization's online reputation by forcing our Review average to plummet, due to the addition of these invalid reviews. Employers, beware of doing business with this organization!

Indeed response
Hi Doug, we do apologize for any misinformation that maybe have been shared. Taking a look into this from our end, we see that the pages in question are for the same company which is why they were merged.

If you do believe those reviews are for a separate company we will need proof to further assist with this. Your representative did email you offering assistance as well. Please respond back with the requested information and she will further assist you.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I have been using Indeed for several months now. They do indeed have many jobs listed. However every time I was told that my resume matched a company and they were interested in me I was asked if I was interested and then was asked to leave a message. Well I did this with about 80 companies. I never heard back from anyone. So about an hour ago I got a call from someone who actually responded to something I wrote. Unfortunately what I wrote was something along the lines of, "Is anyone actually out there or is this some sort of automated system that simply looks through resumes and picks titles that automatically send everyone the same message?" So I'm talking to him and I tell him this again and he says, "Yes that is exactly what we do." I explained that this is a ridiculous system and I would rather just not hear back than received tons of fake job offers. I asked him if he understood and he made some sort of noise and then hung up on me.

If you are lucky enough to find a job on indeed please post a review here and explain how. Because as far as I can tell indeed is one guy running their system. There are no recruiters at indeed that actually find you a job. I've heard that you can pay for help but there is no way I would do that. I suggest finding a professional headhunter or only apply to jobs directly to a company or better yet just go to the company and talk to someone if you can or at least use a free temp/perm staffing agency. Indeed is indeed garbage. Best of luck to all, you're going to need it. I'm a side note I tried to post a review on Yelp but they do not let you review job sites. I wonder why.

Indeed response

Hi Scott, we're very sorry to hear about this experience. To clarify, we're not directly involved in the hiring process for the jobs appearing on Indeed, it's the responsibility of the employer who posted the jobs to follow up with candidates. While this is something that we are always working to improve, we can't be sure why employers may not have responded to your applications. We'd be happy to assist with your search, please follow up with us at socialcare@indeed.com if this interests you.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I was charged over 600USD for the first month, over 700 the second, and third month over 350USD for 1 job post. And this job is still vacant!! For employers, the chance for you to find a decent candidates are extremely low. I'm not sure those applicants are real person or robots since most of them didn't respond to my appointments or messages, why they applied in the first place?? There are a lot of traps when you post jobs in INDEED. You will get unexpected bills from them time to time! What a surprise! They are INDEED DEVILS.

Indeed response

Hi Terry, we are very sorry to hear about this and would like to have a closer look as it this is certainly not the experience we want you to have. Can you please send us an email from your Indeed account email address to socialcare@indeed.com so we can locate your account and check this out?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

Honestly, month ago I could never imagine that one day (today) I will be writing review for a....Are you ready?... For FREAKING JOB APPLICATION AND SEARCH WEBSITE. If someone told this to me month ago, I definitely would take my time to go and dislike all his pictures he was carefully positing for such a disrespect. I couldn't ever imagine that I'll use job search engine ever again, I literally promised myself never to, when I spent my entire week trying to clean up my email from annoying offers which were completely not my target. But I did, I gave it one more chance and here I am: happy because EMPLOYED, got enough time to spend with reading on this book I had for so long but never opened, and it's all because I wasn't worried that my email will turn into junkyard overnight. If you can relate to my frustration in the past- Indeed is your choice, trust me, I've been thru it all for all of us, and it doesn't worth it.

Indeed response

Hello, a member of our team has responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with us there if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I was emailed (from the hiring company) a few extra questions about how I would deal with things in certain situations. After I answered them, and was then asked to do a video interview. I signed in almost 15 minutes ahead of time, and waited patiently for the company to sign in. The app not only did not let me connect saying "This is not open to you," but did not let them know I was signed in and trying to connect. After contacting Indeed, I was just pushed to the back of the line, and labeled a "No Show" and no other interview is needed. (Never going this direction again, as I lost a $50k yr job opportunity!)

Indeed response

Hello William, thank you for reaching out and sharing this experience with us. If you continue to have issues with our interview platform, please reach out to our team at socialcare@indeed.com and be sure to mention this interaction in your email.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

This job site always has plenty of jobs in different industries to choose from. The site is easy to navigate and has a filter for certain aspects of the job. If you are just browsing, you are able to save job postings to come back to at a leather time. You are also able to upload, or manually type in your resume, for easy applying for jobs.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Indeed is very helpful when searching for a job. I have found 2 jobs thru indeed. And I am contacted frequently by employers who have reviewed my indeed resume. Indeed also offers helpful tools in job searching and strengthen your resume

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Indeed.com is one of the best with the latest jobs and making it easy to access what you're looking for by uploading your resume and being specific of what you're looking for. Employers contact you by emails or texts.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Indeed is like no other job searching website. I like indeed because it is very easy to navigate especially if you are not computer savvy. They also usually always have a salary range for which job that you are applying for.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

If you do awful on an assessment, you are stuck with it for 6 months. Let's say you are foolish and take an assessment in your number one area when you are very tired. You score below average and you want to retake it, but you can't. This is what happened to me. I have been sending the bad assessment with my resume and no one is responding. After taking the assessment, I received a message from Indeed, saying that I should look for another area of interest. Then I saw my score. I am not happy. I cannot use Indeed.

Indeed response

Hello Kay, thank you for reaching out here. A member of our team has responded to you by private message. Please follow up with us there if you need further assistance.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Indeed has an excellent resume building platform online, which streamlines application. Indeed also tailors job searches to search and has online skills and qualifications questions to be sure whether applicants are qualified. They even let you choose work locations geographically. I love that!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I went through a 30+ minute job assessment. I was eager to see my results. NOWHERE on my profile can I access my assessment results even though they state at the end of your testing, and I quote, "We sent your results. EASILY VIEW and share all of your assessment results with employers from your profile". Very frustrating. Do not trust them - they love to hoard data. Not using Indeed ever again. Thank GOD they only have my email address, I didn't fill out an entire profile nonsense.

Indeed response

Hi Carmen, scores for Assessments that are sent to you by an employer can only be seen by that employer. If you want your score to be visible on your public resume, you have the option to make it Public in the Assessments section of your resume. When you take an assessment via your Indeed Profile, you will be able to see your score on your Profile but this is for US users only at the moment. If are based in the US and cannot see this please send us more details to socialcare@indeed.com.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Used Indeed to find employment and landed a position with benefits, pto, and discounts. I would recommend Indeed to anyone looking to quickly find a job. The automated services even matches you with positions that are new and/or ones you did not know of yet.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Indeed's job alerts system using filters is brilliant. I have had 70-80% accuracy in the job postings E-mailed to me, far higher than other boards that are practically spam. The "trick" to success on Indeed is utilizing the filter system.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I tried several times to post a balanced review of my current employer. Indeed rejected ANYTHING that was not 100% positive. Don't expect the truth from this site: Indeed is only looking for good news, probably because they need money from the companies that post jobs. Actual people, like employees who know what goes on in the day-to-day life of the company, don't count for anything,

Indeed response

Hello, reviews are subject to a moderation process, so your review may not post immediately when it is entered. If you wrote a review for a company that did not become public or was removed after being posted, it is possible that the review did not conform to our guidelines. You can view the guidelines at: https://support.indeed.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046789111-Company-Review-Policies. Unfortunately, we are not able to discuss individual reviews that may not have been approved.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I have been a professional worker for many years. I am well educated with many years of experience in 3 disciplines. Indeed was once the easiest and quickest way to search for and apply for jobs, but there seems to have been changes with the site in 2021. Before the pandemic, whenever I got an interview, 9 times out of 10, I got the job. Now all of a sudden, after a dozen interview, no call back, nothing. A few employers have mentioned that there was something wrong with my profile, but would not be more specific. I went from being a rock star job hunter to nobody, with no job prospects in spite of all the media attention about worker shortages.

Indeed is affiliated with many other media companies and it looks like I've been blacklisted on their network. It would surprise me if there are new search criteria in Indeed's pay per use tools they offer their customers. It would be easy for them to tap into and sell the data they share with their affiliated companies. Now these types of activity are illegal, but it doesn't seem to stop these social media type companies. Not that long ago Facebook was fined $5Billions for infringing on the privacy laws of its users. Looks like Indeed is heading down that road. Greed is a wonderful thing, until it all comes crashing down on you, lol. I have no use for a company that blacklists me from its network for money. Indeed, I have no use for your services, block me all you want, lol.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience with Indeed. Since we are not involved in the hiring process, we cannot guarantee that all job seekers will be contacted by employers and the jobs they apply to. If you aren't hearing back from employers, we recommend reviewing our resource: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/what-to-do-if-you-arent-hearing-back-from-employers

Indeed Company Information