2. Education
  3. Tutoring

4.9/5 (132 ratings)

About Varsity Tutors

Varsity Tutors is an online learning platform that connects students and professionals to tutors in various subjects. With Varsity Tutors, you get access to instant tutoring services for education levels from kindergarten through college as well as for exams like those for CPA certification. Visit the company’s website to find out if its services fit your needs.

Pros

• Instant tutoring available
  • Money-back guarantee
  • Free classes and resources

Cons

• Adult group classes require pay
  • In-person tutoring not in all cities

Bottom Line

Varsity Tutors offers comprehensive online tutoring services, including free and paid options, with guaranteed results. Though some features require payment, all learners can access an assessment test and a study plan.

Varsity Tutors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Varsity Tutors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Varsity Tutors?

Original review: April 27, 2021

Great tutor, doesn’t just go off and talk for 1 hour expecting you to understand everything, but instead stops around every 10 minutes to check up on you and ask ”are you understanding this? Do you need me to repeat it?, etc.” She engages into your learning to better help you learn.

Varsity Tutors response

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad to learn that Varsity Tutors is meeting your needs!

Original review: April 23, 2021

Varsity Tutors has been ideal for us. From in-home tutoring to online tutoring, the instructors we have been matched with have been incredibly smart, thorough, and kind. They've really met my kids where they were at and helped them work through more than just the topic at hand. They've relieved nerves and boosted confidence as well as significantly increasing knowledge and understanding of the topic. The onboarding team is highly responsive and very thorough, as well.

Varsity Tutors response

Original review: April 21, 2021

I highly recommend Varsity Tutors! I registered two of my sons - both have behavioral and ADHD challenges - and they love their classes. They are engaged and learning (even that darn math and fractions :).

Varsity Tutors response

Thanks for your feedback, Jody! We are glad to learn that Varsity Tutors is a great fit for your needs.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I am not a school-age person anymore, but I was very happy to learn so much about this mysterious topic within the astronomy as the black hole is. The lecture was carried very professional, by Professor **, clear explanations and a lot of colorful examples of the whole big space and details. I absolutely recommend everybody, not the students only to look through the list of offers and choose whatever you feel you would be interested in, to widen your horizons....in any age of life. Thank you for making this possible for me.

Varsity Tutors response

Original review: April 8, 2021

Having tutor sessions with Daniel went smoothly. He was on time and was very knowledgeable about the subject. Something that I wish was different was more guidance on what to study on my own. If I had that extra guidance I would have scored better on the PCAT.

Varsity Tutors response

Original review: March 31, 2021

I was completing the last stage of my MBA degree and had hit a "brick wall " of sorts. As an RN, I had not been trained in some of the more complex financial concepts and formulas. I am so grateful that I discovered Varsity Tutors- as they were able to match me with the perfect Tutor to assist me in understanding all the concepts I needed to assimilate in order to complete both my projects and objective exams.

Varsity Tutors response

Original review: March 19, 2021

Some of the classes are really good and kids enjoy them. However, some of the instructors do not show up on time or cancel sometimes waiting for a while. But, overall is very good for children especially in this COVID situation.

Varsity Tutors response

Original review: March 17, 2021

I 'attended' (virtually of course) Varsity Tutors’ Star Course on the subject of the assassination of Julius Ceasar. It was presented by a renowned expert from the actual historical location where the event had happened. The expert, Darius **, gave a very interesting presentation, referring to the various nearby archaeological structures and pathways, and the q&a session held afterwards by the Varsity Tutors host was fascinating too. Here is a link to the entire presentation: **.

Varsity Tutors response

Original review: March 16, 2021

I took a chance on a class at Varsitytutors.com from an advertisement in Facebook. Who would have thought? I signed up for the free presentation on the death of Julius Caesar. It was a 45 minute video presentation that was absolutely spectacular. The grade level was supposedly grade school to high school but I have two master's degrees and I have never learned so much in just 45 minutes as I did in this video presentation. The speaker was so enthusiastic he could hardly hold himself on a live presentation of a tour of the Roman Forum. I have now signed up for another free class. The only requirement they have is they merely suggest that you consider having one of their private conferences for tutorial purposes. They have proven to be so good I would be willing to pay for this quality of learning.

Ed **, CPA

BURR RIDGE, IL

Varsity Tutors response

Original review: March 12, 2021

My 8 year old daughter participated in a free Coyote Peterson class about different dangerous animals. She had such an amazing time and absolutely loved it. She drew pictures of each animal she learned about so that she could show her dad and I, she had such a great time and asked if she could do this every day. Coyote Peterson is one of her favorites to watch, and for Varsity Tutors to offer this class for free, I am so appreciative of. Seeing her face light up and smile is the best feeling in the world. Thank you.

Varsity Tutors Company Information