Call toll free
4.72/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Varsity Tutors is an award-winning tutoring platform that connects students with more than 40,000 expert tutors to accomplish academic and test prep goals. Over three million hours of live tutoring has taken place on the platform.

414 Varsity Tutors Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Pre-Calculus. Varsity Tutors was very professional from the administrators to the tutor. My son's tutor, Anastasia, was very knowledgeable and extremely easy to work with. Thomas found her very willing to answer questions and to explain/illustrate concepts until it was certain that he understood. This is a great organization that is worth every penny.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I was initially matched up with a tutor that had many areas of expertise but didn't seem to be able give me the answers I was looking for. Jim called me one day to check in and see how tutoring was going so far. I barely mentioned that I wasn't experiencing the big picture answers I was needing. He immediately paired me up with a different tutor who exclusively specialized in Chemistry. I thought I was going to get a D in Gen Chem II and with Raj's help, I earned a B+. Raj was knowledgeable and knew how to help me further make connections when learning about chemistry. Varsity Tutors makes scheduling appointments, communication and feedback so simple. I would recommend Varsity Tutors (especially Raj for chemistry) to anyone struggling or simply looking for a deeper understanding in any subjects. I am currently meeting with a Varsity tutor for Organic Chemistry and although it is still early in the semester I know I will be more successful for doing so. Thank you Varsity Tutors.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

My daughter used Varsity Tutors throughout her sophomore highschool year last year. The company is very responsive and the tutors in both subjects were very helpful and available as needed. I highly recommend Varsity Tutors. And we will be using them for SAT and ACT prep.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I am the parent of the child who receives services. Varsity Tutors was an excellent choice. The process was very easy. The tutors were completely flexible, knowledgeable, and effective. The fact that the tutor showed up on my my daughter has Computer made it much more likely she would engage in the process. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

What a wonderful experience. Varsity Tutor's talented and patient staff helped increase my son's scores. They worked around his busy athletic schedule. Now he's enrolled at Penn State as a Scholarship Athlete! I appreciated full disclosure of what was taught during each session.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Varsity Tutors?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I used Varsity Tutors to help my son prepare for the LSAT. They were able to help him raise his score by 10 points and he was able to receive a scholarship for a law school. Varsity help my daughter with her organic chemistry class. She received A- for both semesters. I would highly recommend them. We will use them to help my daughter prepare for the MCAT.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

We are extremely satisfied with Kathleen ** and our daughter Lauren told us that she is enjoying her sessions and Kate makes learning a lot easier for her. Kate is so attentive and shows passion in what she does. Thanks Varsity Tutors for Kathleen.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I'm a student's mom. Jacob struggled so badly in calc 2 we thought there was no hope. Other tutor sessions at the university, meeting with professors, constant review and studying were no help. Homework, assignments were ok. Quizzes fair but when it came to exams the wheels fell off. Same thing happened the 2nd time around. He and I would discuss where he thinks it is going wrong but didn't know how to correct it. Half way thru the 2nd time taking the class, with only one exam left, I went ahead and signed him up for Varsity Tutors.

Jake was so blessed to have Charles as his tutor and together they pinpointed Jake's issues. The convenience of face to face over the computer with realtime white board interaction was the perfect way for my son to learn. After each session Jake was excited to share with me the "ah-ha" moments he had and how awsome Charles was as a teacher. This program is well worth the cost. Jake is a firm believer in varsity tutors and now that he passed calc 2 and is on to calc 3....I will buy enough sessions to get him thru the whole semester and avoid Jake getting in a bind at the start of the class. I hope Charles teaches calc 3 because I know my son wants to request him! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I am currently taking my fourth class with Varsity Tutors and my experience with the registration staff and instructors has been exceptional. Some of my instructors such as Owen, Sonia, and Maria have been phenomenal. I tried to learn Spanish with mobile apps but was only able to remember words which does not help in terms of conversation. Enrolling in Varsity Tutors is the best decision I could have made.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Varsity Tutors employees supported us from my initial call and through each session. They quickly answered questions. The platform was simple to use and my daughter (13 y/o) was able to initiate and complete her sessions independently. The tutor listened to our needs and tailored the tutoring to my daughter's interest and strengths while addressing what challenges her.

Varsity Tutors Company Information