2. Education
  3. Tutoring

4.8/5 (82 ratings)

About Varsity Tutors

Varsity Tutors is an online learning platform that connects students and professionals to tutors in various subjects. With Varsity Tutors, you get access to instant tutoring services for education levels from kindergarten through college as well as for exams like those for CPA certification. Visit the company’s website to find out if its services fit your needs.

Pros

• Instant tutoring available
  • Money-back guarantee
  • Free classes and resources

Cons

• Adult group classes require pay
  • In-person tutoring not in all cities

Bottom Line

Varsity Tutors offers comprehensive online tutoring services, including free and paid options, with guaranteed results. Though some features require payment, all learners can access an assessment test and a study plan.

Varsity Tutors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Varsity Tutors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Varsity Tutors?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Little Steven was informative and personal, as he explained the significance of The Beatles, not only to pop-culture, but also his own life. Along with the lesson, Little Steven also provided video clips, which emphasized points in his presentation. I also attended 2 in-person workshops for teachers, and they were very creative and interesting and well worth the time. Thank you, Little Steven for your commitment and enthusiasm!

Varsity Tutors response

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad to learn that Varsity Tutors is meeting your needs!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

When attending a lecture, I enjoy professors with real life experience in the field. No one can doubt Stevie's credentials with the E Street band, nor his commitment to rock and roll early in life. The student interaction was excellent and persistent. All of the course interactive exercises were relevant and helped to explain how the Beatles molded rock and roll and Stevie's attitude toward it.

Varsity Tutors response

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

We really recommend Diana **, she is a great tutor, gave clear explanation to Mariana (rising 6th grade student), review her math skills and guide her for improving her ability to resolve math operations.

Varsity Tutors response

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I had a fantastic experience! I took the Master Trivia with a Champion course, taught by Ken Jennings. It was extremely interactive and fully engaging, and Ken was just awesome! He had terrific information to share and he was so good natured and pleasant!

Varsity Tutors response

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Our 10 year old daughter the Master Trivia with a Champion by the one and only Ken Jennings! She's already a Jeopardy fan and was in awe hearing all the great tips. Her favorite tip was "practice the way you want to perform." she truly enjoyed and actually took notes!

Varsity Tutors response

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Our 9 year old has been participating in Varsity Tutors classes for approximately a year. He enjoys the classes immensely due to the various topics available; the “Star Series” classes are his absolute favorite. Thank you for playing a role in our son’s love of learning.

Varsity Tutors response

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

We love Andy Casagrande on shark week and I have gotten my kids more and more interested in his work via social media so this was a great opportunity to learn more on my kids level and get to see someone who we admire for his shark work. Technically speaking the connection was great and easy as well as the way to interact! We will be signing up for more!

Varsity Tutors response

Thank you for your feedback!

Original review: July 16, 2021

I reached out to Varsity Tutors in the summer of 2021. I was signed up to take Organic Chemistry 1 for 5 weeks followed by Organic Chemistry 2 for 5 weeks. I was also taking 3 other classes. I knew I needed help within the first week because my last Chemistry class was over 15 years ago. I only had 4 weeks left of class and needed someone right away. I knew it could be hard going through my university to get help immediately.

I reached out to Varsity Tutors on a Saturday and had my first tutoring session 2 days later. It was such a help knowing that I had someone I could ask questions to and be able to go through things at a slower pace making it more easily digestible. I passed the class with a B+ (and the class average was a 64%). I am so happy with my experience from Varsity Tutors and can't thank them enough for being available on such short notice. My tutor was so knowledgeable and patient. He figured out my learning style and adjusted his teaching method accordingly. I felt very confident taking my exams.

Varsity Tutors response

Original review: June 29, 2021

My daughter and I are doing cartoon drawings. I enroll in this course because she likes to draw. Both of us liked the course of cartoon drawings a lot!!! If we can find more of this courses we will enroll ourselves! We like to paint with watercolor and oil paint. Thank you so much!

Varsity Tutors response

Original review: June 26, 2021

I took Spanish classes for 5 months with Varsity tutors and it was such a great experience. It was quick and easy to set up and manage, and the tutor Nicola was excellent. She ensured before we started she understood my goals, she checked in frequently in our classes that I was satisfied we were meeting them and made the classes a really comfortable and enjoyable learning experience. Highly recommend!

Varsity Tutors Company Information