Call toll free
4.64/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Varsity Tutors is an award-winning tutoring platform that connects students with more than 40,000 expert tutors to accomplish academic and test prep goals. Over three million hours of live tutoring has taken place on the platform.

366 Varsity Tutors Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 12, 2019

With Varsity Tutors, there is an availability of tutors in our area. We've had two tutors. The first one responded when necessary regarding appointments or scheduling changes. And then during the actual sessions, she was like any other instructor. We've been much happier with the second tutor that we've had. He is extremely responsive. Not only does he interact in terms of scheduling and minor changes to curriculum, but he also provides me with feedback regularly on how my son is progressing, which I think is vital. He's amazing. My son's grade was a 25%, and he's up to an 85% now.

Varsity Tutors is a little on the pricey side. My son's tuition is very expensive already. He's in the college prep school. Initially, I was feeling like we weren't seeing the results that we had expected. However, we have seen such a drastic improvement with the second tutor. And because of the level of interaction that we have and his flexibility, if my son has a test coming up, he does not think twice to rearrange his schedule so that he can fit my son in earlier to make sure that they have a session right before the test. And they cover what's going to happen on the test. He doesn't think twice to deviate from the curriculum a little to make sure that he's adjusting to my son's little co-curriculum. So, that's one thing that has been huge. And in that case, the price is probably worth it.

Varsity Tutors actually recommended that we switch tutors because I was ready to pull back and try some other different options. The person that is like my account manager took about 30 minutes to talk to me about my son, individually as a young man, his interests, what he likes to do, and what he reads. They weren't academic questions. Some of them were, but for the most part they were more just about who my son was as a person. And he personally paired him off with this other tutor. And that's phenomenal. Also, they gave us some hours back because we weren't super happy. And so, I can't say enough. They have done everything to make this an amazing experience.

The company has been responsive overall. My account manager has been amazing. He doesn't think twice to call me just to ask how's everything going when my son had a mid-term, which was sort of gonna be a clincher on where this grade was gonna go. He emailed me the day before, and asked me to wish him good luck because he knew that that next day my son's mid-term was coming. They're so interested in seeing his success. My son is excited about learning Latin again. Earlier in the semester, he was just disappointed and sort of really dreading going to class everyday and dreading the tutoring session. And he's excited about it again.

Get expert buying tips about Tutoring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I started with Varsity Tutors about a year ago when my older son was struggling in reading, writing and just being able to express what he wanted to write on paper. I tried a couple other tutoring services, but it wasn’t quite as focused as I needed it to be and it wasn’t as individualized. I gave Varsity Tutors a try. The tutor that we got really got to know my child, understood how to drum out and have him think about ideas. And his grade in that class went from a B- to a B+ within a couple months. I continued the tutoring for him over the summer, and I started having my younger son do it in the summer too. Not because they needed it, but just to maintain and keep them in practice. My older son has actually not been doing much tutoring over the last two months. He hasn’t needed it and he is getting an A in English. And I think it has a lot to do with the skills that she taught him a year ago.

What I’ve done is instead of my older son doing the regular tutoring, I’m having my younger one do more regular tutoring. He’s in 6th grade, and he needs some additional help on conjunctions and grammar. She’s working with him so that he has more time working on those things and what he would be able to do in class or homework. But I also have the flexibility of saying, “My younger one doesn’t need much this week, instead help out the older one using this time slot. I want you to review his essay and work with him on formulating ideas.” And it’s been working really well.

I like that it’s one-on-one and it really focuses on the needs of the child. They really tried to understand what the child needs. It’s really a private tutor but the fact that it’s online, and there’s also the option of instant tutoring, is fabulous. Because if it was a real person in my house, I’d have to be there or if it’s a real person, I might have to take my kids somewhere. The kids also love the whole online interaction because they do so much on laptop computers and phones that it really aligns with how they do things today.

The staff at Varsity reaches out to me from time to time asking how things are going or if I need anything else. They’re good at reminding me when I’m running low on hours because that’s something I don’t always have time to check. If I also notice that one of my boys or the other one needs slightly different help depending on what’s going in their English class or if they need help with certain things about reading or even if it’s reviewing a draft of something they’ve written and offering them some suggestions, I just need to send a quick email. And they totally understand, they incorporate it right away into the next session or if they can, they’ll accommodate with a special session. So to me, the flexibility in what they’re covering and how I schedule and when I schedule, that is tremendous. I just had a really great experience with Varsity Tutors. They’re very responsive, they’re working with me, they’re working with the kids as individuals, and that to me speaks volumes.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I’m a single mom and I look at raising my son differently than a mother who has a father at home who teaches math. Varsity Tutors was referred by my nephew. He used multiple tutors and said that Varsity was neat. It also goes with my lifestyle and the needs, so I went for it. So far, my son has been going one-on-one with his ESL teacher who is teaching math, too.

Varsity Tutors is pricey and I wish they cost a little bit less. That would be helpful but I know that their service comes with a price. Despite that, I like that they’re very open. There’s no material that goes for every kid and with Varsity Tutors, the teacher is going by my son. Instead of me pushing my son for the classes earlier, now he waits for her. So even though I cannot easily afford their service, I’ll continue longer. Either you spend 30 or 60, but if it is being used well, you don’t mind spending it. That’s how I look at it and it seems right. Being a typical mom, I keep throwing ideas at my son's teacher and she is always open to me.

At first I only wanted to try out Varsity Tutors. But after working for a while with them, I liked them. Sometimes in summer, my son would all of a sudden want to play outside more. Fortunately, whenever his teacher could, she could work with him on those hours. And whenever there is a math or science test, because I’m paying a lot, I make sure that along with the whole subject, she’s helping him with the critical thinking. So I ask her if she could suggest anything, what we should do with Akhil or if she could Google about a kind of test, and she would come back with me with the links to try or books that'd be good for his age.

One time, I asked her if she could give him a good and creative homework. And she thought ahead and told me that Akhil came up with a small story and it has A to Z alphabets in it. I liked that. So my son was thinking and writing something. Then one day, she said something about this book that everybody said to write about. She told my son not to worry about it. She told him to just write to her about the author and the content. She makes sure he gets the interest in what she’s doing with him. And he likes her, so that is working well. If at all I cancel one of his classes, my son gets mad at me.

Other than that, I lost my job for a while and we changed the session for only one class per week. So there hasn't been much advancement or change with my son but I don’t blame his teacher for that. Still, I see that my son has more potential. There was change when he was doing twice a week but there is a bump in his thinking and his spoken English. Still, I always recommend Varsity Tutors and I tell others that the best part about going with them is, you get your money's value and they're flexible. Sometimes, if you don’t go to the class, you lose the money. But with the Varsity, you can cancel ahead of the time and adjust something. You can go back and see that moved. So I tell them that instead of you spending $30 and you don’t enjoy the fruit of it, you should rather spend 60 with Varsity.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I'm a single mom who works full-time. I needed to be tutored. Varsity Tutors reached out to me quicker than its competitors and had things in place. They made the liaison seamless and they sent me reminders to go in there and do what I needed to do to get started and select a tutor. When it came to choosing Danielle, it was a no-brainer. Her resume is not ridiculous, so it was wonderful. It was a six-week accelerated advanced Calculus course in the summer. It was six weeks of hell where I got a whole semester of Calculus being crammed in. Then, towards the end at about week four or five, I learned that I was gonna have a major surgery and I had to get the course done.

I was down and had a really intense recovery. I tried to learn the material and get my body to cooperate enough with me, so I can go in and take my exam. Danielle was really flexible in trying to help accommodate me, wait for me, and deal with me with regard to that because there were some times I couldn’t even sit and do the tutoring. There were times I had to stand the whole time and we would be tutoring for two or three-hour sessions. Sitting wasn't an option and that was uncomfortable. She would be really patient if I needed to take a five-minute break and we would come back.

I also handled the finances at my church, which was a big deal, so sometimes, we would tutor for an hour on Sundays, then I would have to take care of business and she would tutor again. We were doing two a day and she would do groundwork, research the class, and dig in and see what was coming. She would be telling me, “Well, this is coming up. So, we need to focus on this.” It was more than just tutoring the actual material because she was really teaching me the material. She was taking the course for me, too, when it got harder because she would figure out what was next.

My personal life was getting in the way, so there were some things that I had to neglect. There was some homework I can't focus on and we were trying to nail with it, and that’s what we did and I got an A. We would calculate, “Well, what do we need to do to do this?” “Yes, this homework is not getting done. We're gonna do the work to learn them.” I took time in hours in having to go through it and we focused on that and drove the study guide so I can do well in the test, and I really did.

It was an incredible experience. It was very expensive, but it was very worth it. Danielle was incredible and I couldn’t imagine how she could be any better. I passed Calculus. I would tell my friends and family to get their credit card and worry about it later. I didn’t just pass, I actually got an A. My professor was highly impressed with me. In sum, I was able to be prepared because Varsity was there. I was able to accomplish the work because I had them to back me up.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I was very pleased with Varsity Tutors. My son is difficult to deal with. He was getting better as he gets older, but he has a struggle with learning. He’s a high-functioning, autistic kid with ADHD, so it makes him a little difficult to teach, but I wanted to give him the best opportunity there was. I searched on the internet and reading some of the reviews about Varsity Tutors, they sounded like a really good place and I thought I’d give them a try. We had a total of three tutors. I was amazed with the first tutor, Steven. He was able to interact, speak and teach my son. He had a way about him that he’d go down to Jacob’s level and he made the sessions fun. My son learned a tremendous amount.

On the other hand, I didn’t see much care from the second tutor. He would set up an appointment and then cancel at the last minute, and then set up an appointment and not show up. So, I contacted Varsity Tutors and told them I wanted somebody else. They hooked me up with another gentleman who was just as outstanding, if not more than the first one. I really enjoy having them. They were down-to-earth people that could relate to Jacob's problems because I found out that they had issues learning, too. One of them wants to become an engineer and the other one wants to become a doctor now. And it simply made me aware that they were so good. Also, both of them came from a long distance, so they’ve had a long drive to get up to our place.

My son's grades improved. He does not have a little understanding of the new ways of doing math, especially when it comes to algebra which he is really struggling with. He also had a problem with memorization, which is a key component of any type of math. He couldn’t memorize 1x1 to 12x12, which is an intricate part of math, but the tutors helped him through trial and error practicing that, and now he can do it instantaneously. Also, when he had problems with other subjects, they were able to jump in and help him with that.

My only issue that I have with Varsity Tutors was when I tried to get the third tutor. I called and spoke to them quite a few times, and it didn’t seem like they were working as hard as they did when they first tried to get the first two tutors. Time seemed to be ticking by without having a tutor, but overall, I was greatly satisfied. I still have hours with them, but I wanted to let it go this summer. I will pick them back up again in a couple weeks and let them tutor my son again. I do not regret getting Varsity Tutors. I went to everybody I knew around me and told them I was so happy with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Varsity Tutors?

Original review: June 10, 2019

I want to say that Varsity Tutors is great to work with and my son's Math tutor Carrie has been wonderful. She has really helped my son improve his Algebra scores. She is prepared with extra problems for him to work on as needed and makes sure he understands the concepts. The instant tutoring is also helpful when we need some quick questions answered, outside of the tutoring sessions.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Varsity Tutor matched our son with a calculus tutor within 24 hours of our request. Thomas was the perfect match. Thomas was flexible, willing to work around a school and baseball schedule. I would highly recommend Varsity Tutor and Thomas.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Jordan was a wonderful tutor for my daughter. She had a great demeanor. She was knowledgeable about the content and test taking strategies. She also offered help with other subjects like social studies.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Dr. ** helped me build confidence in attacking the GRE. She would give me practice problems and have me explain why and how I got that that answer which helped develop my critical thinking skills. When I didn't understand something she patiently walked me through the process and made sure I fully understood it. She also used a variety of resource material from Varsity Tutors, Princeton Review, Kaplan, and Magoosh, all the great material in one place. I would highly recommend Dr. ** to anyone looking to get the GRE score they need for graduate school. I was successfully able to get my target score with her help.

Original review: June 4, 2019

We've been using Varsity Tutors on and off for about a year. My son had two tutors, both of which because no local tutor was available. They were both prompt in email communication with me in setting up and introducing what we wanted. After that, they primarily communicated directly with my son. They helped mostly in decreasing his frustration. He’s an advanced learner so with Varsity Tutors, it is going above what he would normally learn in school. The combination of knowing that it’s okay to get help and just having somebody to talk through things is an important thing. He needs to talk to learn. I recommended Varsity Tutors to several people - just having that one point person when you have questions that you don’t need to feel self-conscious about.

Original review: June 4, 2019

My experience with Varsity Tutor was a productive, effective and helpful. I was assigned to tutors that were efficient in explaining a particular subject or concept to me. My tutor was available off-line if I had a quick question about a practice question I did not fully understand why I got it wrong or if I needed clarification on a topic. My tutor was very responsive and professional. I feel much more prepared for my MCAT than I did prior to Varsity Tutoring.

Original review: June 3, 2019

When I started with Varsity tutors, half way through my semester I was getting D’s and C’s on my tests. After one month with my tutor (Tim **) I scored a 100% on my last test and a B as my final grade. I thought I was bad at math, I’m not I just needed someone to explain it to me in a way that I understood!

Original review: June 3, 2019

The class was a little pricey and pretty challenging to take during a 16-hour semester, but I believe it was really helpful. Zane was great at answering questions and I enjoyed being a part of his class. Not only was this class not terrible, but it also helped me determine what I need to work on for when I do take my exam. Thank you guys for everything. I appreciate it.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I went online and I found different places, but then I found Varsity Tutors and I called them to see what they have to offer me. When I called, I spoke to Jen. She was the one that gave all the information. I shared with her about my son and his disability. He had an autoimmune disease, and it attacked his brain. He was paralyzed for a year. And then he was having seizures for two years and memory problems. He's still recovering from the NMDA. But when I talked to Jen and shared my needs, she thought she was able to send me somebody. I went ahead and see if he works.

We signed up for the first 50 hours. We used two tutors which was math and language arts. The first tutor for math didn't work out for us because she was always either calling out because she didn't have vehicle or her job or something happened, or she was late. So, I called Jen again. I told her the tutor wasn't working for me, and she changed it right away for me. She sent another tutor for math, which turned out very good. My son was almost able to have a friendship with the tutor and able to ask her questions because he is really, really shy. And if he don't know you, then he's not gonna ask you because he thinks he is not supposed to ask a lot of questions. So, he got really comfortable with her. But when we talked to her, she's not gonna be able to tutor this year because she applied for college and she was gonna move out of state. So, we said goodbye to her at the end of the year.

We finished the tutor with 100 hours for the whole year and it really helped a lot. My son is still behind in language arts because it's a lot of comprehension and reading. But with the tutor, he was able to pass it, which was really good. The tutor would come and help him. And he was able to talk to her and deal with her very good. It worked out for us. I really liked the program, and the tutors were always on time.

We are trying to get a tutor for next year, but I have been sick for the past six months. Right now, I'm in natural clinic here where you have to get and pay everything out of pocket. It's getting a little bit expensive for me. So, I spoke to Jen, and I asked her to give me a call by the beginning or middle of July to see if they have something. She always calls me when Varsity Tutors has a special rate for the hours.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I will only say that this has been total waste of our time and money with catastrophic consequences for our son. Until junior year of high school he always had A’s and B’s in his math class and was in honors math. Junior year of precalculus brought some difficulty so we decided to hire some help for him from 2nd semester and ended up with Varsity Tutors, because they had solid reviews. We spent almost $2000 on his tutoring with Varsity Tutors and he had 16 90 minutes lessons. Final product- F on his Final exam- in other words FAILED! After 16 sessions with their experienced tutor, my son FAILED! I will NEVER again spend another dime on this joke of a tutoring!

Katarina,

We are disappointed that you did not have a positive experience with our company. Your review suggests that you did not receive our best efforts, and we take that seriously. A member of our Customer Experience team will review your account and be in contact with you. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I researched, found Varsity Tutors online and was a little hesitant at first because we have had back experience before that these companies just take your money and don't give you the service they promised. My daughter Lexi is senior and need extra support on some challenging classes. She was hesitant on using their online platform but they were patient with her and gave her the option of both online and in person tutoring. She has been happy with all her tutors and if she has issues, they have resolved it right away. I made a huge investment and relied on Varsity Tutors to relieve some of my daughter's stress and they have pulled through. Thank you Varsity Tutors. Highly recommend.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I found Varsity Tutors online when I was researching different companies. I like that I have my own personal tutor. I'm studying for the MCAT. I have a really good tutor, Laura, and I’m still really close with her. I still tutor with her so it’s been nice. She would always text me and help me schedule. She has been really lenient. When I don’t have time, she’s cool. The only thing I would like to change is we had a ton of connection problems. The camera wouldn’t work well, I would kind of hear her then break up, our screen wouldn’t work well or the passages wouldn’t download. But other than that, everything was amazing. The key to success is having a tutor that you actually enjoy and one you can learn with. I’m not afraid to ask questions when I see something wrong. I want to see my tutor and talk with her. It makes it easier and it’s not a hassle for me. Varsity Tutors has helped me a ton so far. It’s money well spent.

Original review: May 25, 2019

We had a really good experience with Varsity Tutors. It was everything we had hoped for probably and more. My daughter did some tutoring in August, kinda slacked off a little bit in September, October ‘cause she has a sports season, picked it up a little bit in November, and then took the ACT and SAT one week apart in early December. And she did very well. She took the PSAT in October and became a merit scholar. We did better than ever expected.

Varsity Tutors gave her some confidence which was great. With Varsity Tutors, there are people out there that can answer questions and help you do better. She has encouraged 4 friends that then signed up for Varsity Tutors and had done well with it. And people are very pleased by it. Their younger siblings are using it. There are always some technical hiccups no matter what, but for the most part, Varsity Tutors' platform worked pretty well. It’s also nice that you can buy a varied number of hours. You don’t have to buy a certain amount. I like that it’s flexible and transferable to other things.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Catrina ** has been my daughter's Math Tutor for the last two school years: 6th & 7th. My daughter immediately liked Catrina because she is so nice and relatable - which was key in getting her on board for tutoring. My daughter was struggling with algebra and its key concepts and procedures. Catrina has made a remarkable difference! My daughter's grade improved and her attitude towards math. And, she was on the Honor Roll all 4 quarters this year! I give complete credit to Catrina. I would highly, highly recommend Catrina as a trustworthy and awesome tutor! Cyndy **

Original review: May 24, 2019

After every lesson, Keith, the tutor we mainly dealt with at Varsity tutors gives detailed notes and is readily available if I have questions. He has really good rapport with my son and they get along really well. He has tapped into my son's learning style which has been very helpful. My son is a very visual learner and he might need multiple ways to learn something especially in math which is his weakness. He is excellent.

Overall, my son's learning experience at Varsity Tutors has been very easygoing. He was being tutored for the ACT and it has helped him in his schoolwork. He has used information and skills from there to help him improve his grades in school as well. When my son started his ACT adventure, he started out a 23 composite ACT. When he took a class, he went to a 26. After working with Varsity, he went to a 30. That's a pretty big jump and I'm really impressed. I'd definitely recommend Varsity Tutors. If you put in the work too and stay diligent and open-minded to the process, you will see the results.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Fabulous experience with Ethan tutoring on Python - Ethan was AWESOME!!!! My son, Luca, LOVED the experience with Ethan. He previously had a terrible tutoring experience locally with another service, so he was apprehensive on getting tutored again. You guys choose the absolute perfect person to help Luca! Ethan was patient and allowed Luca to try to figure stuff out himself. When he couldn't, Ethan would gently suggest a way to potentially tackle the problem and they problem-solved together. It was so great! Luca finished his assignment in record time! And I feel that my son has learned new concepts, and FINALLY has had Python explained in a way that he could understand! We'll definitely use your service again, even for other subjects!

Original review: May 21, 2019

We have used Varsity Tutors since 2017 and the individuals that they have provided to teach and guide our daughters were excellent. One could not ask for better tutors. Our daughters are now heading to the University of Houston where they will be attending their studies there. Thank you Varsity Tutors for your excellent service.

Original review: May 20, 2019

We are so happy with Marc, our tutor. We moved from a different school district and my 4th grader ended up not on the reading level she should have been. After 2 months working with Marc, she is now on reading level!!! We are so happy.

Original review: May 19, 2019

My daughter, Alexa, has had great success with her tutor, Maggie, for pre-calculus. Maggie began tutoring Alexa this past September and due to the help of Maggie, Alexa has excelled throughout the year. She now is receiving an A in the class and her confidence is so much higher!

Original review: May 17, 2019

Sarah is an exceptional tutor and our experience with her has been wonderful. She tutors our son in 2nd grade math and is not only knowledgeable in the subject area but also patient and positive as our son works with her. We have seen improvements in his skills and best of all improvements in his confidence. He looks forward to his time spent with Sarah. She is a wonderfully bright young woman and we are glad she has worked so well with our son.

Original review: May 17, 2019

My daughter is a straight A student, but unfortunately this year she wasn’t lucky to have some teachers who don’t care to teach! Fortunately we found Varsity Tutor to help. Since they start teaching her, she is back to A and A+ again! It’s very comforting to know that you have support, who really care and want to do his/ her best to help! I started using their help with my double advanced math six grader son too! I really appreciate each and everyone who helped my kids to be more successful!

Original review: May 17, 2019

I am happy to write this review for Varsity Tutors. Chase, his assigned tutor, was top notch & helped my son tremendously, particularly with the math section. The scores came out today and my son's score improved by 70 points. Highly recommend.

Original review: May 17, 2019

The absolute worst service ever. Tutors are always canceling and their teaching is not consistent with SAT. The last tutor would hide her face, while my daughter was expected not to. The tutors canceled all the time and some of them are creepy. What a waste of money! I have called numerous times and my issues were rarely resolved. I'm either going to contact the BBB or my lawyer or both. What an expensive ripoff!

Varsity Tutors response

Hi Adam, We apologize that you did not have a positive experience with our company. Your review suggests that you did not receive our best efforts, and we take that seriously. A member of our Customer Experience team will review your account and be in contact with you within the next 24 hours. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: May 15, 2019

My son got some help from Varsity Tutors to write essays for college admissions. The tutor did a really good job. She tried to do as much as she can and I'm very satisfied.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Spent over $1000 total for son prior to ACT test. The tutor, Negeen, told me I needed 2x as many sessions as I had agreed to with the sales rep for him to be successful, so I bought more. The first session we were offered was in the middle of the night from 11 PM to 1 AM, which is not appropriate for a student on a school night. Another time, although my son and I had both been sent emails confirming a 5 to 7 PM time, Negeen did not show up, then called at 6 PM demanding to start a session and go until 8 PM, which would have interfered with another commitment.

Another time, my son texted a half an hour in advance to let her know that he needed to cancel a session, and they worked out a time to reschedule, but she never sent a confirmation for that time. The last straw was when they had actually begun a tutoring session, and 30 minutes into his technology quit working. He emailed her and then they spoke on the phone. He asked if he could run upstairs and log on to a different computer in our household to complete the session. With an hour and a half left of the allotted time, she refused to continue and offered him a session on a Saturday night instead.

When I texted and asked her why she refused to continue the session, she told me my message was inappropriate and wished us well. Although she seemed knowledgeable about the subject, I feel that she did not seem to appreciate the fact that we were paying her for a service and seemed to think her time was more valuable than ours. I called and was offered a new tutor, but with only 3 weeks until the ACT, I fear that starting over will be difficult. I have four children, and we have used tutors before from different companies with much easier, less expensive and more positive experiences.

Varsity Tutors response

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that your experience on the Varsity Tutors platform was not consistent with your expectations. We are in the process of reaching out to you directly to better understand and to try to address why your experience on the Varsity Tutors platform did not meet your expectations. We look forward to speaking with you.

Varsity Tutors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The newest entrant in this field is Varsity Tutors, founded in 2007. Their private tutors have built up a database of more than 100,000 questions across 150 subjects.

• Live 1-to-1 help: Instead of self-guided programs that can be vague or irrelevant, everyone gets the precise help they need to improve their scores.

• Beyond test prep: After the GRE is finished, you will have a working relationship with a tutor who can help in your academic career.

• Major languages: Tutoring is available in English, Spanish, French, German, Latin and Mandarin Chinese.

• Ivy League education: Many of their tutors have degrees from Ivy League schools such as Harvard, Yale, Stanford, UChicago and the University of Pennsylvania.

• Satisfaction: Varsity Tutors has a 98% satisfaction rating and offers a full guarantee if you're not satisfied with your GRE prep.

• Low overhead: Because they don't have to maintain classrooms, they can afford to price tutoring services at a more practical rate.

• No contracts: Tutoring hours are not locked into long contracts and can be used for any subject or test.

• Best for: Those looking for highly educated tutors, that can stay involved in academic achievements long after the GRE is finished.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs