TestMastersConsumerAffairs Unaccredited Brand
I did online courses for preparation to SAT and it's quite good, but kind of hard sometimes. I always have problems with essays and I didn't really liked how they teached me to write it. I couldn't understand the structure.
TestMasters expert review by ConsumerAffairs
TestMasters is the world’s leading provider of live and online preparation for the LSAT, GMAT, GRE, SAT, PSAT, and ACT. Founded in 1991, their comprehensive classes and tutoring packages serve students worldwide and have helped over 150,000 students achieve their academic goals.
Expertise: TestMasters is known for its expertise; owner Robin Singh has a world record of 12 perfect LSAT scores and all instructors and tutors are required to have scored in the 98th percentile or higher on any test they teach.
Live and online classes available: TestMasters offers classes in over 100 locations around the country and abroad. Students with busy schedules should consider the comprehensive online classes which follow the exact same lessons as the live courses and include all of the same materials. The Online LSAT class contains over 100 hours of video instruction and over 7500 former test questions.
Live and online private tutoring: Tutoring is available hour by hour or in discounted packages.
Free trial: If you contact their 800 number, an enrollment counselor can arrange for you to sit in on a lesson for free.
Free transfers and dual enrollments: Students who live in one location but work or go to school in another are welcome to enroll in multiple classes for free (as long as they are during the same term). The free transfers are really useful for current college students who will be headed to another city for spring, summer, or winter breaks.
No hidden fees: TestMasters advertised rate includes everything you need for the class and all deposits are fully refundable up to 10 days prior to the first day of your class.
Transparency: TestMasters not only shows their entire faculty online but also lists instructors' academic backgrounds and copies of each teacher's score report.
Best for: students preparing for the LSAT, GMAT, GRE, SAT, PSAT, or ACT.
TestMasters questions and answers
- What problem is TestMasters trying to solve?
- TestMasters assists students in preparing for college and graduate program entrance exams such as the LSAT, GMAT, GRE, SAT, ACT, and PSAT.
- What sets TestMasters apart from the competition?
- Quality and expertise. TestMasters was built on academic excellence, founded by Robin Singh, who holds a dozen perfect scores on the LSAT. Each of our instructors has achieved an official score in the 98th percentile or higher on any test they teach, and our research and development team leads the industry in academic innovation.
- What needs does TestMasters fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- A lot of competitor companies teach tricks and gimmicks, trying to provide students with the easy way out. To save money, these companies do not require that their teachers have any expertise in the subjects they are teaching. Instead, they give them scripts to read and allow them to avoid the more difficult concepts. In reality, there are no shortcuts to learning academically challenging material; it takes time and effort, great material, and an expert to teach it to you. The proof is in the pudding. TestMasters has been perfecting our techniques for over 20 years, all of our instructors have 98th percentile or higher scores, and we have helped over 100,000 students reach their goal scores.
- How does TestMasters measure success?
- Success is measured by the progress of our students. Our material is the best in the industry. If something is on the test, we have a foolproof method for approaching it and our students' scores are the proof of that. We have hundreds of testimonials on our website from students who have increased their scores dramatically; some of our students have taken their scores from the 30th percentile up to the 99th percentile! Our methods are effective and our materials are comprehensive, so with TestMasters you'll receive everything you could ever need to get a perfect score on the test. The question is, how much time and effort will you put into getting there?
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? About TestMasters?
- The biggest misconception with standardized tests (especially those that measure reasoning skills like the LSAT and GMAT) is that the material can't be taught. This is absolutely not true. They are skills-based tests, and the right prep course can help students develop all the skills necessary to ace them. We can teach you how to approach and diagram every question type so that when you arrive on test day you are confident that you will know how to identify and solve any question that is thrown your way. The other misconception out there is that all test prep is the same. Far from it. The quality of test prep can be measured by the quality and quantity of the material and the expertise of those teaching it to you.
While a lot of other companies skimp on classroom hours and offer students minimal practice questions, the TestMasters LSAT course for instance, offers over 100 hours of live class time including 6 proctored diagnostic exams, and over 100 hours of supplemental video content. We provide students with access to every LSAT question ever released by the Law School Admissions Council (over 7500) and we offer a 24 hour academic assistance feature which allows students to send us their questions and receive a written response from a real teacher within one business day.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- It used to be that test prep classes were something of an elite service for overachievers. But now statistics show that for many of these exams, over 50% of test takers will have taken a prep class beforehand. When you are being scored against these people without having taken a prep class, you’re at a significant disadvantage. Test prep is quickly becoming the norm, not the exception, and for good reason. Universities want students in their programs who can show they have the skills necessary to succeed in both collegiate and professional environments. So listen to the test, don't fight it. If it's telling you that you need to work on your reasoning or critical reading skills, do it! The time and effort you invest in preparing for the test will pay dividends later.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about TestMasters?
- The amount of care and effort we put into all of our materials defines our business. TestMasters doesn't just want to help you on the test, we want to help you reach your greatest long-term goals. The members of our full time research and development team work on improving our courses year round and our dedicated enrollment counselors are there for you every step of the way. Have a question? Help is only a phone call away.
- Has TestMasters received any rewards or recognition that your customers would like to know about?
- TestMasters’ founder, Robin Singh, is the current world record holder for the highest number of perfect LSAT scores, with 12.
- How has TestMasters grown or evolved?
- TestMasters began with one man tutoring students on the methods he'd developed to achieve a perfect score on the LSAT the first time he took it. From there it grew to a class, and from there it spread like wildfire across the country. TestMasters is now one of the largest providers of LSAT preparation in the world with over 100 teachers and classes in nearly every state and several foreign countries.
TestMasters Company Information
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- 640 S. San Vicente Boulevard, Suite 490
- Los Angeles
- Postal Code:
- United States