3.67/5
  • 1 star
Based on 6 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

6 Tutor Doctor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Beware when prepaying for tutoring through the Tutor Doctor. They require you to prepay for tutoring hours by purchasing a package of hours. My first package was 36 hours plus a registration fee which was $2030.00. When I completed my hours I was contacted to purchased additional hours to continue. I purchased 25 hours at $55/hour and 6 days after they took my final payment I found out they were closing my local branch as the owner is going bankrupt. I had only used 3.5 hours.

The local branch confirmed they owed me $1182.50. The headquarters in Canada has promised to work on getting me a refund. It has been since July 25th 2017 and I still have yet to see a refund or a date when they will send one. The fact is the main company will not be accountable for their local branch, you could be forking over thousands of dollars and risking that the local branch will shut down without notice leaving you begging for your money back. It has been nearly 3 months and I have not been sent the refund I am owed.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

I really would encourage others to really use this service the Tutor Doctor. It has been of really great overall value to me and has helped me a great deal. I would really tell others that the price of this company is very fair and I would highly recommend this company to others as well. The price is a great overall deal. The quality of this company the Tutor Doctor is very high and they are very professional and also very helpful and knowledgeable. The teaching style of this company is very authentic as well as helpful to me and they use a distinct and easy to understand and use teaching and learning method.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

Tutors are always worth the money. Make me happy that I hire them. Good value, excellent knowledge and good price. Could not have done it without them. Thank you so much. I have encountered other sites with less pricing but this one is ok. Perhaps lower it a bit could help with finances. It is good quality. I can't complain about my tutors. They were great and awesome. They were incredibly nice and responsible. Very similar to what I get in school but more in depth. Made me like them more and always come back for more tutoring time. Also they go over what you can't understand so good.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

This is a great service. I used Tutor Doctor in Orange County when I needed a reading tutor for my elementary daughter. It has been so hard to find the right tutor who fit our schedule. And I had a bad experience with other tutors who committed and then flaked so I was back to square one looking for a new tutor. They have great tutors who show up and if the tutor does move on, they quickly find another one. And the price for in-home tutoring is competitive to some of the learning centers where I have to drive and then she was in a group situation. Is now getting 90% and higher on all quizzes and tests. The one on one makes a huge difference and she can ask questions and get ALL of them answered. She is now able to do her homework with less frustrations and the stress is gone. They are truly "world class" and I would recommend their services to anyone seeking personalized tutoring focused solely on the student's success.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

Finally found a great tutor and am very pleased. Great website, easy payments making process, extremely good too! Affordable price for tutor doctor! Tutors respond in a timely manner whether or not they are comfortable with your subject. My tutor knows his subject and was very helpful. To the point, super patient and understanding and most of all - he knew all the material backwards and forwards. Understands all the nuances of teaching and learning math and inspired my daughter to love math even more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tutor Doctor ?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

Very nice for people on a budget. If you have a limited budget, Tutor Doctor offers services that don't break your bank. I was able to afford the service of Tutor Doctor without having to get another job or worry about bills needing to get paid. It was super helpful. I was able to learn a lot with Tutor Doctor. They have a lot of different services you can learn about. I can't wait to try them again. I love to learn! The teaching style of tutor doctor was great because it was easy to catch on and easy to catch up. I highly recommend Tutor Doctor to anyone that needs a tutor.

Tutor Doctor expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Tutor Doctor has been offering in-home tutoring for the last 10 years. It has grown into an international franchise, giving students extra help in countries all over the world.

• Tutors visit the student: Students don't have to worry about getting to the center or working in an unfamiliar environment, as tutors make arrangements to work with students at their homes.

• Individualized tutoring program: Tutors work one-on-one with students and create an individualized program based on their unique needs.

• Helps students with existing homework: Rather than assigning extra homework, tutors work with students on their current homework to help them master it.

• Works closely with classroom teachers: Tutors meet one-on-one with the student's teachers on a regular basis to make sure they are addressing needs appropriately.

• Provides tutoring for both children and adults: Tutor Doctor extends its individualized tutoring services to college students and other adults who need extra help.

• Best for: Special needs students, kids who are failing and kids who are taking state exams.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs