2. Education
  3. Tutoring
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.54/5

Keep the learning going and skills sharp with Sylvan's proven, digital curriculum, now available with live, online tutoring sessions! Your local Sylvan's caring, expert teachers are here to help your child succeed (right from your home)! Programs for every need and budget: Tutoring for math, reading, writing, test prep, and more!

Sylvan Learning Centers Video
Sylvan Learning Centers Gallery (4)
View More View More

Sylvan Learning Centers Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

We’ve had a great experience with Sylvan. They’ve been very responsive. My son was in the program for around three months, and I’ve seen improvement in his SAT scores. So I’m happy.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I really appreciate all that Sylvan has done for my daughter thus far. She has been in the program for about four months. She’s doing reading and math, and it helped her grades. Her grades in school have went up. And she enjoys going there. She really likes it and looks forward to going there. So, it has been a great experience for her and myself.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

My son was with Sylvan, working on Math, and is doing better. We took a little break but we're going back tonight. I only wish they were closer to my house. I live in Loxahatchee, and I have to drive 45 minutes away. Other than that, I would recommend it.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

My son is doing reading and math at Sylvan, and he's been in the program for 5 months already. He’s in fourth grade and he was making 60s on his tests. Now, his test scores have gone up and he’s doing 100s and 90s and above, which is a huge progress, so it’s been amazing. Everything’s been great.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

My son who is in 3rd grade and my daughter who is in 8th grade are doing reading and math at Sylvan. My son’s been in there going on for a year now while my daughter just started, and both of them like going. There’s a lot of improvement that’s going on on both of them and my son had an improvement with his reading and vocabulary. The tutors pick up where the children are behind at and work with them to get them up to speed. They’re doing wonderful things with my kids and I would recommend Sylvan.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sylvan Learning Centers?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Sylvan has been excellent and I’ve recommended it to friends as well. They’ve been really good helping my son with reading and writing. He has ADHD and he's making some progress writing. He’s also made a lot of improvement with his reading skills, from not reading at grade level to reading at grade level in just three months or so. The director, Don, is very helpful and always takes time to help me out with things. He makes sure he gets enough support at school and then the tutoring people are very helpful too.

My son also goes to a reading enrichment group, but it's a group of kids that need help. They go together and it’s not on the computer. My son told me, “Mom, I think that Sylvan is better because I’m on the computer and I love computers.” Plus, there's somebody working with him one-on-one. Their stuff is great. I’m gonna get him math help too cause he’s getting a 42% at math, so we gotta raise up his grades.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I'm having Sylvan Learning Center focus on Math with my child. My child is in 6th grade, but her math skills are that of a 1st grader. We're still getting a little better there. We're starting on simple multiplication and simple division. Now, she’s a little more confident getting started on the work. She tries to do it instead of just looking and staring at the problems. She may not get the right answer all the time but that's normally what happens.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

My child wasn't doing too well in writing, so we gave Sylvan Learning a shot. The prices are a little steep but it's worth it for education. We're doing mostly the writing, more English based things and reading. The one-on-one helps build her confidence. That's the biggest thing. She's slowly gaining the understanding and confidence on how to write, set up paragraphs and stay on that subject. It lets her know that it isn't that hard and that there's a structure to it and that she'll do well if she just follows it. She also knows about the coins and she's excited about it. She likes getting stuff like that.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I Googled how to get someone who could get my child to read. Then there was an ad and so I called Sylvan. They changed us from trying phonics with him to learning grade-level sight words because he was older. My child's learning experience was good. Sylvan definitely gave me help and hope, and he is reading much better. I, however, had to quit right now due to money and since my mother-in-law is very sick. Still, overall, it was a good experience and I would recommend it. Give it a try.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

My son needed a tutor in reading and Sylvan Learning Center was the cheapest. He has only been going there for a couple of weeks and so far, the experience has been good. They’re nice and I enjoy interacting with the people that work there. I would tell others to try it out, too.

Sylvan Learning Centers Company Information