4.32/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choosing Sylvan is about getting results and setting your child up for long-term success. At Sylvan, we’re focused on building academic confidence, igniting intellectual curiosity and inspiring a love for learning — all of which make a big impact in school and in life. For nearly 40 years, we’ve helped millions of students and families like yours achieve new levels of academic success.

Sylvan Learning Centers Video
Sylvan Learning Centers Gallery (4)
View More View More

Sylvan Learning Centers Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 23, 2019

I kept seeing a lot of commercials about Sylvan Learning Center and it looked like a good program that I would be interested in for my son. The tutor focused on the Math subject and my son has improved substantially better than when he did not go. His learning experience has been positive. Sylvan is education-focused but very friendly and caring. I have recommended them to a couple of my coworkers whose child is struggling in areas in school.

Original review: April 22, 2019

The Sylvan tutors focused on both ELA and Math and they helped immensely not only in those subject areas but also overall towards school. Both of my children were tested at the beginning of the sessions and were tested at least two to three grades, almost four grades below grade level. We’ve only been there less than a year but they are all currently up to grade. Sylvan made my children’s learning experience fun enough so it was not a chore for them to learn. They will learn something at Sylvan, then a week or two later, they will learn it in school and they will be excited because they know what is going on. I have recommended Sylvan and have encouraged anyone with children that are having problems in school, not only for their basic program, but also for their STEM program and their homework help.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I used Sylvan when I was a kid and it helped me, so I figured it'd help my kids. The tutor focuses on my child's reading and phonics subjects and my child's confidence had gone up exponentially. He’s more accepting and not as frustrated. He has more focus and sees the value. If a friend asks me about Sylvan, I will tell them that they won't regret it. Sylvan Learning is very family oriented and I felt comfortable right off the bat. Everyone has been nice, not only to my son but also to myself and my daughter. Any experience that I've seen with other families has been nothing but positive as well.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I am in education and I've heard good things about Sylvan Learning. They are doing math and reading with my child and it has helped tremendously. Before we did Sylvan, I had only one child and she’s nine years old, but we had to struggle with her in Math and in her work when she comes home. Since we decided to take her to Sylvan, it has been great. She became very good in Math. Multiplication and addition bounced around her head. It was impressive. It's a big relief. She received all As in her last quarter and that was great. Using Sylvan Learning is one of the best decisions we made this year.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have my first child with Sylvan and it's been very good. My daughter is still in it and she’s getting her confidence built, which is half the battle, and she seems to be enjoying it, which is the other half of the battle.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sylvan Learning Centers?

Original review: April 18, 2019

I first heard about Sylvan through a friend and heard great things about it. The tutor focuses on my children's Math subject and helped improved it immensely. My children like to go to school now. I recommend Sylvan Learning Centers.

Original review: April 16, 2019

The tutor from Sylvan Learning and I are focusing on my child's reading and she improved drastically. She read a whole book by herself last night. She looks forward to tutoring and likes going to Sylvan Learning. I would recommend them.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I used to have a tutoring program and I didn't want them for my daughter when she needed one. One of my daughter's guidance counselors used Sylvan and she was pleased. Their reviews also made me go with them. We got them for my daughter's math, English, and the SAT test, and we loved the tutor. My daughter really connected with her tutor who was very approachable, easy-going, and phenomenal. We had a great experience. My daughter took the PSAT before we used Sylvan and she will be retaking it in August so we're gonna reconnect with Sylvan again in June. They really helped her as far as standardized tests in general. So if you're considering them, then definitely use them.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I did a Google search for math tutors because there are a lot of small colleges around this area of Burlington, Vermont. I thought there would be somebody out there who needed some extra cash, like a college student, to help my daughter with her Math and it would be easy. My daughter is 15 and I wanna know who she is associated with. When I started finding people, they were not caring so much about Math but just on making a few extra dollars. That was fine but that was not what I was looking to help my daughter improve her Math scores. I tried Sylvan and it seemed to be a good fit.

My daughter scored really high on her initial exam but she doesn’t have any confidence. Even though she could figure things out, she couldn’t take the tests in the time allotted. She would usually run over which made her embarrassed because the next kids would be coming and she would still be taking the test from the previous period. The purpose of the tutoring was to build confidence in the subject and to make her comfortable in her ability.

My daughter loves her experience with Sylvan. She actually got mad when we had to cut back to one day a week. She said she wanted to go back to two. But because she plays two sports, it got really hard. If people ask, I'd tell them why we paid Sylvan. I wasn’t sure at first, but they are helping my daughter with her grade and that’s results right there.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Sylvan Learning Centers was the closest tutoring option to my home so we went with them. The subject areas that the tutors have been focusing on were study skills and math. The tutee's confidence and his math grade have improved, and his test anxiety has become lower. Everything has been great with the tutors and they’ve been very informative. They’ve had a meeting with the tutee's math teacher at his school, along with myself, so we’re all on the same page and that has been really good. Our experience with Sylvan Learning Centers has been great and I would definitely recommend them.

Sylvan Learning Centers Company Information