2. Education
  3. Tutoring
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.69/5

Keep the learning going and skills sharp with Sylvan's proven, digital curriculum, now available with live, online tutoring sessions! Your local Sylvan's caring, expert teachers are here to help your child succeed (right from your home)! Programs for every need and budget: Tutoring for math, reading, writing, test prep, and more!

Sylvan Learning Centers Video
Sylvan Learning Centers Gallery (4)

Sylvan Learning Centers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sylvan Learning Centers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sylvan Learning Centers?

Original review: July 25, 2020

One of my children was with Sylvan since over seven years ago and I liked how they helped her. I had one of my other children who was struggling in school, and Sylvan was the first one that came up in mind. And then, I went online and advised them and called, and they got back to me right away and set up arrangements to go and meet them. It was easy and fast to get my child set up. They're now doing Reading and Math. First, they did tests to see where she was at, and then they saw what areas needed to be worked on. They then concentrated on those areas and gave me a progress of her. Every two weeks, they do a meeting with me to let me know how she was doing. It's a setup of steps that they go by to make sure that she knows what she is doing. They move on to the next stage where she needs to work on.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Sylvan focused on Math and Reading. Overall, they were pretty good. My child loves it. I'll recommend Sylvan.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I saw a lot of the commercials and decided to get my children the assessment because I felt that they should have a more tutoring on some grade level stuff. It happened right before COVID. Continuing that when school let out, it was very helpful for my children to already be online doing that stuff. Both of them were in the reading comprehension and the tutors were excellent. My children are done with their hours. They loved it. It was amazing. I've already actually suggested Sylvan to other people. You should do it.

Original review: July 19, 2020

We've tried online tutoring options and we went with Sylvan because we understood that my daughter was starting to fall behind with her skills. The online tutoring options were not working. We needed to have a real person guiding her along the way of relearning what she had lost. Sylvan came up in a conversation with one of my mom friends and her son does Sylvan.

We’re doing Math right now and we’re looking at incorporating reading or English components in the future. We started off with two teachers then we ended up switching after my daughter had spoken with the director. The speaker was on and my daughter butted in and she gave her opinion on it. After that point, we changed to a teacher named Peter. What my daughter likes about Peter is that he doesn’t give her the answers. He’ll ask her what is the answer for this, and if she doesn’t know it, will talk through her thought process. When she gets to the point where she’s stumbling, he’ll then help guide her towards what the answer would be. The other teachers were doing it a lot of times and didn’t ask for her opinion.

I work from home and so I hear the classes and I really like Peter. He is doing an amazing job of engaging with the students. It’s summertime and it’s really hard for them to focus on what they’re doing. They wanna be outside. They wanna be playing. They want to do summer stuff. But it’s a learning component they need to do for 45 or 50 minutes. Peter is able to engage her to the point where she’s learning something new. She is going ahead with the lessons. I have already told even her teacher at school that we’re gonna be doing Sylvan until December then we’ll reevaluate. If the finances weren’t an issue, she’d be continuing throughout the schoolyear because we already know she’s behind from what she’s lost from March, so we’re still playing catch-up. I would have no qualms staying with the program. It’s amazing.

Original review: July 18, 2020

They're helping my son with study skills, writing and reading. He is doing his summer reading on his own. Right now, it's hard to see if it'll affect it or not because he doesn't have school. But he is following the plan they set out. So far, so good. They have a good plan. The results remain to be seen, but he does seem to enjoy going and it does seem to be helping him for the little bit we can see. He has developed a really nice rapport with one of the teachers. Everything's been really easy and really good.

Original review: July 17, 2020

We used Sylvan Learning Centers for reading and math. Our daughter should be getting smarter and we'll see when she goes back to school. The virtual appointments have worked for her but she likes in person better. All in all, I'm pleased with our experience and I would recommend Sylvan if a child is needing extra help in school.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I have a small business in Garner and one of our customers has a Sylvan Learning Center. I think a lot of her and since she's another small business owner, I decided to give them a try. With them, my daughter is focusing on learning her letters, comprehending stories, and rhyming to get her ready for kindergarten. She loves her sessions and looks forward to meeting with the two different tutors she works with, which is the most important thing for me. She love them dearly, too. I'm very happy with Sylvan and I think a lot of them. They do such a good job with my child. For her sessions, I get her set up and I don't always stay in the room, but I'm nearby. They make it fun for her, she's learning a lot, and she seems to be retaining them. They also challenge her and she gets a lot of enjoyment out of it. Overall, our experience has been better than expected.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I like the convenience of Sylvan and I have a history with them. My grandson has gone there for the past six years now and they've consistently got his grades up. He's gone up two grades in a month and a half. This year, he's doing Math. Previously, it was Math and English. Sylvan is excellent. They're very friendly and safe. The small group size and one-on-one learning work very well.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I’ve always heard of Sylvan and we went with them because that’s all we knew about. They are helping my child because he can’t read yet. They’re doing good. My son is getting there but he lacks confidence. He loves the program though. Sylvan is a good program but it's just really expensive.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I heard that Sylvan was a good tutoring program. My daughter has a lot of trouble reading and she couldn't figure out words. Sylvan really focused on that and she has made a lot of progress. She's not really into books but since the tutoring, she's found some interest in some subjects. Sylvan is a really good program. Their facilitators are very sweet and humble. They are nice people.

Sylvan Learning Centers Company Information