Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.39/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Chegg.com Reviews

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I have rented a couple of textbooks from Chegg. They have always come when expected in great condition. I recently ordered a rental. I was charged shipping, though the order was over the minimum amount so shipping should have been free. Since I was in a rush, I just paid the shipping cost. Then, a couple days later I got an email from Chegg that they were reimbursing me for the shipping cost! Chegg reached out to me completely on their own- I hadn't called, emailed, or anything. I was so impressed with their customer service!! I highly recommend using Chegg!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I actually forgot that I was subscribed to Chegg Study for two months and they STILL refunded the two charges after I sent them a desperate tweet. Can’t get a better return policy than that, anywhere.

Get expert buying tips about Textbook Rental delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: May 8, 2019

First I was like man.... How am I going to afford to get through this round of nursing school because my books are like $2000 and I'm getting real tired of eating ramen noodles. So I was like I'm gonna shop around and see what kind of deals I can cut. I wanted to make sure my next source was reliable because the last website I used only costed me $5 to rent a book but it was pretty sketchy because they sent me a link to download this book in my email and it came from an old nursing home in Hawaii. It was really weird, anyway... I found Chegg and I was like this could be nice, so I went ahead and ordered what I needed.

The book got to me in 1 day AND it came with a Redbull! I mean if I drank a red bull, I would be an example patient that they talk about in this psych book I rented because I can't handle caffeine very well, but I was like this is so awesome! Long story short, I let my 6 year old brother have the red bull and I got to buy myself some nice sushi for dinner instead of ramen noodles with all the money I saved by using Chegg.

Original review: March 7, 2019

No long menu, 5 second wait time to talk to an actual person, representative was kind, fast, and helpful, was able to refund the charge I called about. (Even though I didn't ask for it, AND it was my own negligence!) Honestly floored by how positive this experience was so I had to write a review somewhere.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Not sure why there are an overwhelming amount of one star reviews. I've used Chegg for years and not once have I EVER had a dissatisfactory encounter. No funny charges have been placed on my account, I've never used their tutor/homework service, nor have I ever had to sell a book back to them. They've always received my textbooks on time, and I've always gotten books that have been in good shape, even if they're used. Chegg is a good company, with good prices for textbooks and I'll continue to use them until they give me a reason not to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chegg.com?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I cancelled my account in June of 2019 when I graduated from college. Chegg is denying that the account has been cancelled. I no longer have access to my student email address, so I am unable to retrieve the confirmation of cancellation. Chegg did not provide a service, since no one has logged in or used the Chegg account since June of 2019. When I reached out to customer support, Nate and his manager Adam did not resolve my issue.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

So I had an old account in which money was taken out of on 11/29/19 for monthly subscription and it was closed down within 30mins of them charging me. I called, they resolved it and closed it down the next day being 11/30/19. I tweeted them and they said I had violated the honor code which wasn't true. I only use 1 device at a time after I had the same issue with the back in October. So on Saturday 11/30/19, I open a new account using my Yahoo mail by 10:22pm and it was closed by 10:44pm same day. This is fishy and I need my $30 with the change back. It was a holiday weekend for starters and how on earth can I violate a code with 20mins of me opening a new account? I am not having the best experience with Chegg!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I have to wait 2 full days to know if my account will be deactivated or reinstated while meanwhile I'm paying monthly for the service and I lose days because of ** suspicion. People who use this have class pretty much every ** day 2 days in school time is a lot. Big company scam shit they took down free websites as well. They just want all the ** money even if you still pay.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

DO NOT TRUST CHEGG. I am the only person who used this account but since I would study on multiple devices chegg took this as me sharing my account with others. I had gotten emails asking me to change my chegg password as they believed that I had an "unusual amount of activity". I only used this account for one class and did not even use it every other day but Chegg was constantly locking my account and forcing me to change passwords. Then on the date of my next payment I was charged for a full month's worth of use but later had my account DEACTIVATED the very next day. This website took my money for a month's worth of access and then decided to terminate my account. DO NOT BUY A CHEGG SUBSCRIPTION. Your best bet is to ask your professor for homework help or your peers if you want to not have your money stolen.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I use this site to double check my homework solutions for classes. I would say the solutions provided are correct about 60% of the time. Also, if you log in on multiple devices, expect to have to reset your password once a week. They are afraid of people sharing logins, which I understand, but I explained to customer service no one else uses my account. They then proceeded to completely lock my account and not even let me reset my password. I would find a different, more reliable site for the money.

Chegg.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2010, Chegg is a California-based company that specializes in resources for college and university students. Its website offers textbooks for rent or sale and also features study help, tutoring resources, test prep and internship listings.

• Free shipping on orders over $50: Chegg offers free standard shipping on purchases and rentals of $50 or more, and returns are always free.

• Up to 80 percent savings: Chegg offers big savings on many of its books, with rentals up to 80 percent cheaper than retail.

• Extension options: If you decide that your rental period is not long enough, Chegg offers the option to extend the rental or purchase the book instead. Simply go to your account on Chegg’s website and change the due date or select the option to purchase.

• Digital rental options: Chegg offers many textbooks in a digital download or Kindle-friendly version for students who prefer not to carry around physical books.

• Risk free returns: Chegg offers the option to return any rentals within 21 days of your order for any reason, which is a great feature in case you drop or cancel a class. Chegg will refund your rental fees minus shipping costs. Digital rentals must be canceled within 14 days for a full refund.

• Best for: college and university students on a budget.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs