2. Education
  3. Tutoring

1.0/5 (37 ratings)

About Chegg.com

Chegg.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chegg.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chegg.com?

Original review: July 27, 2021

If you get the subscription you will want to pull your hair out by trying to cancel. As a student, I used it for answers on homework and how they got that answer. Which in that aspect was good. That is until I wanted to cancel because I was done with the semester. I looked on website and app. Nothing. I actually lost my card at one point so I canceled the card. And I'm not kidding when I say they still continuously tried to charge the card. Every. Day. for a half a year.

They would not stop trying to charge the card to the point my bank called me to say they suspect my canceled card was stolen and someone was trying to use it. Nope! That's just Chegg desperately trying to leach money out of my account again. It was nothing like I ever experienced before. Usually when your card is declined for other websites they just stop giving you that service and move on. But chegg? They will not stop till they get your money with no way to cancel your subscription without calling them directly.

Original review: June 27, 2021

Chegg used to be the only thing that got me through my STEM math classes. Now I can't use my account without it being flagged as shared. Four times in less than a week I was locked out. First I was told "it is what it is, wait 48 hours", then I was told "it's because you use a hotspot for internet, wait another 48 hours, only use the app on your phone." I solely used the app on my phone, flagged again. Instead of screwing around with customer service for the 4th time knowing I'll be told I have to wait 48 hours, I canceled my subscription. I'll be using Brainly from now on, it's free and doesn't give me a headache.

Get buying tips about Tutoring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2021

I paid for Chegg.com study and when I used it to help me understand how I was missing problems on my college work, I was sent an ugly email threatening to cancel my subscription for cheating. I paid for the service and should be able to use it without receiving intimidating emails.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I've had repeated problem with Chegg which has required verifications of all sorts. This is what I was told tonight that would cure my problem ....Quoting...."You can download the app, turn on and off your device, reboot Wifi, uninstall and redownload the Chrome app. These are the things we see work that will rectify your issue. They are not guesses." So, I was told I might have to uninstall and reinstall Chrome with every use if necessary. Chegg does not have to verify who they are when they take your monthly payment.

Original review: May 15, 2021

I asked for help with electronic access code immediately. They refused to help. They did not refund my purchase price. They continued to refuse to help with the code. Now they refuse a refund. Fraud!!!!

Original review: May 14, 2021

I have posted one question. Got wrong, incomplete. This app is to make people fool and never ever subscribe for it. It’s just wastage of money. I don’t know how it’s operating even the support doesn’t reply to your question regarding post of wrong and provided.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I strongly do not recommend purchasing a membership. Not worth even 1 dollar. I absolutely cannot get an answer to the questions I wrote. I've written how many times questions, but 3 days have passed, they never go back to my questions. I will cancel my membership.

Original review: April 10, 2021

This "business" I believe is colluding with schools using stolen credit cards. They committed fraud at 3AM by charging my CC 3 times, one after the other for the amount of $19.95. Ive never heard of this "business" in any way, shape or form until my bank notified me of the charges. This "business" provides students the ability to cheat on exams, which you can find evidence of on Reddit. Their entire purpose is fraud. Still looking for a California license but I don't think they have one, I think they are out of India. They are nothing but a scam.

Original review: April 2, 2021

I cannot figure out how to view page numbers in Chegg's eReader service. I've downloaded both the app on my Android and used my computer. The only answer on google is locked behind Chegg's 15$ Paywall.

Original review: March 29, 2021

It’s clear, from other people on here, that they are having the same problem as me, but here’s my story. I have used Chegg for a while. For the most part, they were fine. They were good for studying and providing solutions to problems that I could go back and review to see what I got right or what I missed on homework problems. It was good feedback, and helped me immensely.

But something changed this year (2021 specifically). They changed how they recorded devices, is my best guess, and now, instead of just recording the two devices you’re allowed to have associated with your account, they now record your IP address. Which means, if you work or study from more than one place, your account is going to get suspended. Why did they do something so asinine? Who knows. Some idiot over there thought this was a good idea. So, okay, the first couple of times this happens, I go to tech support to figure out what’s going on. They give me some troubleshooting tips, but the problem keeps happening. So I go back, explain the problem again, and they give me the same tips. I explain to them that they don’t work, and they have no answer, they can’t unlock my account, and they can’t refund my money because my account is locked, because they locked it! This went on for THREE WEEKS!

Nobody seems to know what is going on at Chegg, and it appears you can only use their website at one location, so don’t plan on moving around if you’re a working student, like I am, and don’t expect a refund. They just steal your money, lock your account, and tell you there’s nothing they can do for you. Absolute TRASH! DO NOT USE CHEGG! Their website is broken, and they will not fix it, and instead blame the problems on you.

Chegg.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 2010, Chegg is a California-based company that specializes in resources for college and university students. Its website offers textbooks for rent or sale and also features study help, tutoring resources, test prep and internship listings.

• Free shipping on orders over $50: Chegg offers free standard shipping on purchases and rentals of $50 or more, and returns are always free.

• Up to 80 percent savings: Chegg offers big savings on many of its books, with rentals up to 80 percent cheaper than retail.

• Extension options: If you decide that your rental period is not long enough, Chegg offers the option to extend the rental or purchase the book instead. Simply go to your account on Chegg’s website and change the due date or select the option to purchase.

• Digital rental options: Chegg offers many textbooks in a digital download or Kindle-friendly version for students who prefer not to carry around physical books.

• Risk free returns: Chegg offers the option to return any rentals within 21 days of your order for any reason, which is a great feature in case you drop or cancel a class. Chegg will refund your rental fees minus shipping costs. Digital rentals must be canceled within 14 days for a full refund.

Chegg.com Company Information