Chegg.com

• 10%
  • 3%
  • 56%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chegg.com?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chegg.com?
    Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2023

Do not waste your money in this website. The answers are wrong. They won't refund you the money even if you cancel the same day. They charge you without using it. The customer service is awful. If you don't want to fail in your homeworks and quizzes stay away from this website.

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed Nov. 7, 2023

Do not buy subscription! Business Law - I was reviewing with my study guide, and a lot of the answers to the questions were obviously incorrect. I would say about 20% of the answers were correct. I knew right away that this was not going to be helpful. I cancelled my subscription within an hour of joining, requested a refund and was denied.

Not exact question (changed a little verbiage). A congressman enters a contract with ** to provide prostitution services. ** does not perform the contract. In suit to enforce the contract, the court will likely find... Chegg provided the answer - The congressman believed he was purchasing a ** so the performance is excused... Not the correct answer!!! Prostitution is illegal.

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed Oct. 9, 2023

This site charged me 3 times in a month for a "monthly" subscription which provided next to no value. Do not give these people your card info, you are better off guessing and googling. Now I have to call my bank to explain how charging 3 times in the 3 weeks I've had this service is not the agreement I signed up for in order to get my money back.

Online & App

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2023

I am a college student who often struggles with math, and when I found Chegg I was excited to have found a website that could help, despite it costing 15$. Once I made an account and purchased the subscription, I was able to ask three questions before it logged me out of my account and would not let me log back in. I deleted the app and re-installed it, nothing worked. I asked my sister to try to log in using a new email and surprise surprise, it let her in with a brand new account just fine. They took my money and then would not let me access my account.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2023

Bought the subscription and decided to cancel the very next day and they are still charging me for the whole month. They have zero flexibility and worst tone ever. They do not know how to deal with customer's problem and just want to charge you for the service you didn't use!

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2023

I subscribed to Chegg thinking that they would have materials for my class. I set everything up and there was nothing valuable for me to use. Within 30 minutes I went to them asking for a refund since I was unable to use any of the resources. They said they could not refund me. Essentially, they convince you to sign up and they really don't need to hold up their end of the deal (providing resources for your class). If you find out that you can't actually use their services you are simply out of your money. There is no way to know for sure they have resources for your class until you sign up. Take it from me, just don't sign up and run far away from this company.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Aug. 28, 2023

What a scam!! BEWARE OF CHEGG! I just ordered a book (rental). Said would be there by Friday for $45…A half hour later got an email saying cancelled. Ok fine...I go back on and look again to see when I could be sent and now renting SAME book - rental 87.49!! No mention if not being out of stock. They would be more than willing to send the book for double the price. Just called and waited for a manager. She basically said, "Sorry, the demand is high so price is up. Nothing we can do except offer a twenty percent coupon, cannot price match. Have a good day." TERRIBLE! You’ll get ripped off if you use the site.

Reviewed June 4, 2023

This site was reasonably worth it while use (even though many answers posted were incorrect and caused a lot of confusion during the learning process) but I had attempted to cancel my subscription multiple times before finally getting it cancelled. I was even billed 2 months extra because I just assumed I had cancelled wrong the first time (and was livid by the second month). I cancelled again, but the system didn't recognize it. When I finally called their support, they didn't answer and I was stuck waiting on the line for a while. I FINALLY got it cancelled so that the system recognizes it...but watch me get billed again next month. This product was NOT worth the hassle, and customer support sucks.

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2023

They don't allow you to cancel on mobile easily and even on desktop prompt you 5 times with different colored and labeled buttons to try to mislead you to be charged again. They also don't give customer support enough power to help consumers. My customer support person wanted to cancel a charge after I thought I cancelled but was unable to. Shame on Chegg.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2023

Where do I even begin? I have been banned from Chegg for "sharing my account" even though I would go under oath that I DID NOT. I am a 30 year old college student trying my best to get a degree, not some scammer trying to pull one over on chegg. I have been using chegg since November of 2021, so around 14 months. 14 months of paying $16 a month, equating to over $220. I have just recently starting having problems with chegg within the last month or so, so I am not sure if they changed their flagging system but they made a HUGE MISTAKE if they did. I can't be the only person paying them hundreds of dollars so you would think that they could afford a better system.

When I talked to the customer service rep, she told me some of the reasonings behind being flagged. The reasons were, I had too many browsers open at one time, I had the app open when I also had a browser open (even though you are allowed two devices, so if the browser and the app are BOTH OPEN ON MY PHONE, then it should only count as ONE DEVICE) or I asked too many questions at one time, so according to chegg, they are willing to help you as long as you don't need too much help. If you do, your up the creek.

So because their search engine is absolute TRASH, I have to go to google to sort through the questions because google does a better job of doing the job I PAY CHEGG FOR. So, because I was using google to find the question and going from google to the app to see the answer, I have been flagged as sharing my account. So basically, I have been scammed out of over $220 because chegg can't get their system to realize that all of my activity is coming from the same device. I started a new account and it was flagged almost immediately so I know they can that activity is coming from a certain device(and now I am out the $16 it took to start that account). ABSOLUTE SCAM. Please save your money.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Jan. 2, 2023

Long story short, I signed up for Chegg 12/30/22 hoping it would help me study. NONE of the materials I needed were available so I decided chegg wasn’t for me. It’s now 1/2/23 only 3 days since I’ve signed up, but they won’t refund despite me canceling the subscription. Your service is no help to me. I would understand if I used it and tried to request a refund before an entire month is up. All they do is send a bot message about how sales are final. No. I need my refund. You need to have procedures in place maybe a 3 day money back guarantee or something to help customers who chegg can’t help. Not just saying, "oh sorry we can’t do anything for you." Do better. The customer service didn’t seem to care about my situation at all.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 9, 2022

Would you like to be suspended and called a bot or told you're sharing your account? If so then this website's perfect for you! Chegg's automated bot protection system needs tweaking and the company refuses to admit this. If you look on the BBB there are countless reports regarding this. Well today I have faced yet another attack from their system while I was attempting to use their services. Called and spoke with customer service rep, Sky, who was unable to assist. Requested to speak with her boss who was named Katie. Both staff members were unable to provide further assistance and also refused to provide any form of employment identification number. I don't recommend this company until they can get their own house in order and stop stealing money from people who have done nothing wrong.

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2022

I subscribed but within 15 minutes of using it I realized that the answers were incomplete. I had 10 questions and no solution. I entered the chat and requested a refund, after all I did not use anything because the answers were incomplete. The chat attendant said it was not possible to do the refund. Total disrespect with the consumer. I did not use the product because of poor service. When I initially google it the question appeared but after payment the answers were not correct and incomplete. Seriously that they did not refund a service that was not even done? Policy? What about the law? Disrespectful.

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2022

They have the wrong answers for many questions because anyone can answer the question. This service is a worthless. Quizlet is much better even though they don't have as many answered questions, at least the questions they do have are answered CORRECTLY.

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2022

DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES OR SIGNUP! Thought that we were purchasing a used book since we searched and searched the internet for a few hours just to find this book and the price was $123. Just received an email letting us know that our "rental" was due in seven days and if we want to purchase the book it would cost us another $168. #INSANE. NEVER heard of a textbook rental costing so much. UGH! #CHEGG.COM#SCAM

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Nov. 10, 2022

I am a single mom of three children. Work and go to school full time. So $20 is a lot for me to hand over specially around holidays. I really needed help with some homework and so I just decided to purchase. If I liked it I would continue using it. Well I found NOTHING. ZERO what I needed help with and some of the answers for some of the questions were just wrong. SO $20.00 for tens mins of nothing. I reached out to Chegg and asked for them to cancel the subscription, because I found nothing I was looking for and a few things were just wrong. I asked for a refund as well. They tell me they can cancel the subscription but they can't issue a refund. They basically stole my money and it took me 2 1/2 hours to make that $20.00. That's 2 1/2 hours away from my children for something that was suppose to helped. Beyond frustrated and mad!!! DO NOT SUBSCRIBE to this awful Company!!!

Reviewed Nov. 6, 2022

Stay away from Chegg! They will trick you into subscribing, claiming that your questions have been answered but it's just the questions that are copy pasted in the answer section. Yet, they don't do refunds

Reviewed Oct. 3, 2022

I used this service once and then could not cancel it. I'm charged $19.95 a month and will have to cancel my credit card to stop the charges. I have spent at least 4 hours on text and phone with them and they say they can't cancel because they can't find my account. They cannot put me in contact with their billing department. DON'T USE THEM!

Reviewed Oct. 3, 2022

The Good: It may give you some answer support sometimes. The Bad: Terrible service that half the time provides outright wrong and/or no actual explanation of process. Expensive service that charges a lot for what it is; more expensive than competitors. Incompetent safeguard system that will almost 100% guarantee suspend your account under false allegations of being a 'shared account.' Complaints are disregarded and while you wait days for your account to be re-enabled, you won't get credited back for the days stolen. Final verdict: Terrible company. Avoid at all costs.

Sales & MarketingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 25, 2022

Totally a scam, stealing money from you!! Make sure to not subscribe to them!! They will never even make any effort to give you your money back. Keep on insisting about system, system, system. A total waste of time.

Staff

Reviewed Sept. 14, 2022

This company is notorious for terrible consumer experiences. The software will ask you like every three questions/answers to confirm your account with them by sending you an email. If you want to cancel or do anything you would have better luck getting in contact with your local senator. Chegg is a monopoly of the industry for homework help and is the only reason why customers keep going back. I hope the CEO and other executives of this company enjoy sleeping at night off the backs of poor college and high school students trying to get an education. Chegg uses predatory methods to get you and keep you on their service, with no regard to their customers and their lives. Terrible, terrible company. Have not met one person who enjoys this company in the slightest, they only keep it because there is no other option out there. I would switch in a heartbeat.

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2022

They still charged even though I paused the account. I contacted them within an hour and they still refused to refund me. I'm a student on a tight budget, this was not planned and now my monthly budget is ruined. Try using other sites/companies.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2022

DO NOT PURCHASE THE SUBSCRIPTION!!! Chegg is only nice if you use it for free. Otherwise you throw your money away. I bought the subscription for one semester (4 months) and then I canceled it, a year later I look at my mom's bank account statement and it was still charging me despite that I canceled and have not used it since!!! I AM VERYYYYY UPSETTTTT!!!! Chegg does not let you delete your payment information so they are still able to charge you even if you cancel!!! I wish I knew this sooner!!!! Chegg subscription is a stupid scam. I hate it and will never ever use it again!!!!! This is full of **, we should not be charged after cancelling the subscription!!!! I was charged over $250 for the past year!!! Very upset!!!

Seriously do yourself a favor and DO NOT GIVE CHEGG ANY PAYMENT INFORMATION OR THINK OF BUYING THE SUBSCRIPTION. This is a detailed review because this type of stuff never happens to me, I am usually very careful with my money and watch everything closely but Chegg reopens their subscriptions after you cancel them. It was never my intention to be one of those angry customers but when I found out I was charged $21+ every month for something I WAS NOT USING and WAS NOT AWARE OF I was very upset. If I could I would sue!

Customer ServicePriceOnline & App

Reviewed May 25, 2022

You can’t cancel on the app. You have to go through the website to cancel and they will still charge you. Customer service will not refund you per their “policy”. Two semesters in a row where I canceled my subscription and was still charged.

Online & App

Reviewed May 22, 2022

This website will not let you remove your financial information from it. If you get charged for a subscription and contact them the same day either because you forgot or whatever they will not refund you and they will not let you remove your bank info which is how they get away with continually charging subscriptions and committing fraud! You have to change bank info which is ridiculous.

Reviewed May 3, 2022

Upon contacting customer service after my account was frozen, I was told it was a system error. I asked about other errors I was experiencing and asked for a discount on my next bill, after 30 min and Katrina, and Abby dodging my issues, I am just completely taken back by the lack of support or help in resolving my other questions. The worst customer service I’ve really ever experienced. They make wanting to talk to robots sound like a good idea.

Reviewed March 30, 2022

My daughter at UCI was repeatedly charged for unknown subscription by Chegg for $14.99 each month. It started on 7/28/2020 and ended on 1/8/2022 (the day my daughter stopped it). No refund or explanation was provided.

Reviewed March 24, 2022

This company will not return your money. Their return policy is by far the worst. 14 days not when charged but when you first order your book. That means if for some reason the system keeps charging you even though you canceled your subscription your money is lost. Also, you can not even close your account without jumping through hoops. The system will not even allow you to remove your credit card. Worst company, better ones out there.

Customer ServiceStaffReliability

Reviewed March 9, 2022

A simple request for a Chegg study subscription cancellation, turned into the representative canceling my eBook instead, during my midterm week when I needed it the most. My issue escalated and was met with nothing but apologies from each supervisor. They informed me of Chegg's policy, which states that if an eBook is deactivated, the only way to regain access is by the student repurchasing it. It did not matter that it was not my fault, it didn't matter that it was their representative that made the mistake. The burden of fixing it fell on me, the college student with an income that is sporadic and unreliable at best.

Upon filing a complaint with the BBB and garnering a response from the Chegg team, they reiterated their policy, admitting that there was no “workaround” for allowing access to eBooks without them being repurchased, regardless of the reason for the deactivation. College students are not aware of this lack of protection until it is too late. There was no accountability for their actions and the actions of those they hire to represent them. After I declined to accept their initial response on the BBB website, their second response was even more disheartening. The Chegg team resorted to mentioning the fact that I was able to repurchase the eBook a day after the deactivation.

I spent more than 24 hours finding a way to repurchase what their representative canceled by mistake. By their team alluding to the fact that the access was restored after a day, instead of focusing on the lack of policy and protection for the digital format of textbooks on their website, it became clear that it was nothing more than an attempt to distract from what their representative did and how ill-equipped the company’s policy truly is. This level of deflection from a company whose motto is to provide convenience for college students, shows just how manipulative they are towards their biggest consumers. Based upon their failing reviews all over the internet, it is clear that they have become more of an inconvenience to college students than anything else.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2022

They are a scam! They hung up on me when I asked for my money back like 3 days into a subscription. I contacted them before this about issues I was having. They did not have answers to almost all the problems I needed. The answers they did have were wrong. They did not refund my money. Stay away!

Chegg.com Company Information