2. Education
  3. Textbook Rental

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.57/5

Chegg.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chegg.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chegg.com?

Original review: June 24, 2020

Chegg is itself a cheating website. They have all the useful textbook solutions but of course, other than the textbook solutions, every other question that we post related to college comes under cheating because it is the college's property. Chegg helps students with cheating and colleges in an academic integrity investigation. Why would Chegg accept questions in the first place and later help professors? And they claim that they can give any personal information which is against a person's privacy. They either should have strict rules of what to post and delete the questions that look like college's property or it should be banned.

Original review: June 19, 2020

My daughter signed up for the subscription service which was really a waste of time. We cancelled the service 2 months later but they kept charging us. Even though I had changed my credit card number, the charges from Chegg still went through. I called and they would only refund me the last few months and not the entire 9 month period she had not used the service even though they could confirm she had not logged in for 9 months. Make sure if you dare sign up for their service that you watch your credit card and have your credit card company block them after you cancel.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I got the monthly subscription service for my son who is in college and he can barely use it because it is constantly suspended for "suspicious activity". So it ends up being $14.95/mo for nothing. My advice...Don't waste your money unless you only have one device and are planning to use it in the same location all the time. My son goes back and forth between his college dorm and home and like most college students has multiple devices (2-laptops, iPad, iPhone), and our home computer. Especially now with the COVID-19 pandemic and classes are all online he has been coming home more.

I tried explaining this to the representative and they wouldn't do anything. They refused to reactivate the account (despite the fact I am PAYING for the service) and they wouldn't cancel it over the phone or refund me my monthly subscription fee. What am I paying for if my son can't even use the account when he needs it. Their policy is absurd. He is not "sharing" his account but to think someone will only use one device in the same location all the time is unreasonable. My advice...Don't bother getting the subscription...You'll never have access to use it.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I was using Chegg for a long time now. But they suspended my account time to time saying that my account was shared used account. I changed the password and protected it without anyone knowing it. Even after that they keep suspending my account saying different stories like I have used so many tabs, I haven't logged out properly so and so. Then I thought ok it might be my fault and I kept a keen eye on everything and did everything as they said. Then they suspended my account as soon as logged in without me doing anything. I just had time to log into my account only.

The next thing happened was I got a email saying that my account was suspended. I don't know why they do this to people. And this is my education they are ruining. There's no way to talk to them either. I tried to calling their number in America while I'm in Australia without thinking of the cost. But even that number didn't work. I paid for the upcoming month 4 days ago. Even I can't get my money back now. Poor service. I won't ever recommend this site to anyone.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Stole over 100 dollars from me. Con artists. Be careful, customer service promised a return for an incorrect debits that should have never happened. Then never returned the money. All of this happened in the middle of covid-19 when everyone was struggling. Absolutely ruthless, I think most the reviews on here are fake or provided by bots from Chegg.

Original review: May 16, 2020

Just wanted to check a few answers but couldn’t get onto site! What the hell am I paying for?? Bastards really screwed me up. Also often answers are incorrect and it’s tough getting credit for them! I’m demanding reimbursement for a month after this evenings inability to even access site!!

Original review: May 8, 2020

My daughter had a Chegg account for studying and the account was "flagged" for sharing and shut down. It has been down for a few days. They will not refund money for account being down, nor will they do anything over the phone. They are rude, hard to understand and crooks if you ask me. Terrible customer service.

Original review: May 1, 2020

Updated on 05/02/2020: This company helped us tremendously with our book rental issue. Refunded our money and was very kind and supportive. I highly recommend them to all and will continue to use their service. God Bless!

Original: My son rented a book and was late with the return. Chegg charged us $310.71. When I tried to return the book, they would not take it nor issue any credits or refunds. THEY TOLD ME TO SELL IT ON AMAZON. Worst customer service I have ever dealt with! Had to wait for 40 minutes to speak to someone. STAY AWAY!

Original review: April 23, 2020

These people take your money from you and don't answer your posted questions. I posted one question that I needed an answer for. As a result I received an email stating that I have committed an honor code violation and that my question has been removed from the website. It also said that my account will be terminated if I upload any similar questions in the future. The due date was near and so I had to find other reliable sites to help me in this situation. A question I submitted before this one was not answered and was closed without it even been answered. If you are looking to get quality solutions I believe Transtutors in a much better website than Chegg in all aspects.

Original review: April 8, 2020

These people steal your money. When an unknown transaction is debited from my account by Chegg.com they cannot find the order, amount, or transaction in their records to verify and refund. They are not interested to help you and will rather keep your money for no reason.

Chegg.com Company Information