2. Moving

United Parcel Service - UPS
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5
Based on 5,307 ratings submitted in the last year

United Parcel Service - UPS Reviews

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I had a package delivered 3 times. Mr ** delivered it 2 out of the 3 times. Mr ** brought the package into my foyer, opened the package with me and took it back because the mirror was SHATTERED! Today (3rd delivery) he AGAIN, brought the package into the foyer and waited for me to open the package and check it. The package was in perfect condition and Mr ** was gracious enough to wait for me to get what I wanted and needed. This kind of Excellent Customer service does not happen every day. Thank you Mr **, you made my day!!!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I am in the process of organizing a charity event and needed over 200 copies of four different items. I placed the order on Sunday afternoon and it was ready Monday afternoon. The quality of the product is off the charts! Fantastic! While sites online may offer cheaper prices, they nail you with shipping charges. I will be using my local UPS in Pahrump, NV, in the future without hesitation!

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Larry is our regular delivery driver here in Leander TX, at Apple Springs Family Dentistry. We have wanted to write Larry a review for quite some time, and just recently asked him how we go about doing so. Let's just start off with Larry's genuine personality and the positivity that he brings to the office every time he does a pick up/delivery. Larry is always moving at full speed no matter what the weather is here in Texas. Dr. ** looks forward to seeing Larry throughout the day knowing he is normally our delivery driver, except some Wednesdays when he is off. :) UPS is not a company that we thought we would begin to care about so much at a dental office, until Larry became our delivery guy. Thanks so much Larry for all you do for our practice!

Original review: April 15, 2019

I have ordered a large number of items from various sellers and when UPS is the service that will deliver my products I am usually sure it's in good hands. They very rarely have delays and when they do they notify me about them and keep me updated. My packages from them also always arrive in a good condition and I have never had any real issues with them.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have a long driveway and we have had a huge snowstorm here in Mancelona, Northern Michigan. Our driveway is very long & got snowed in after my husband plowed and we realize it. When we went out, I saw my package safely wrapped up on my back doorstep and foot prints in the deep snow all the way up and down our driveway ❤!!! 5 stars for UPS Ground and bless your heart.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

After being given the runaround on their website with their useless AI "help" chat, I was finally given a number to call regarding a shipment I'm waiting to receive of important personal items I need urgently. Called, and was placed on hold immediately. Was then transferred three times to be told that a billing issue was unsolvable on their end and that I'll have to call again in a week to see if they've figured out how to fix their own problem, at which point my charge will increase. They've charged me $130 so far for the pleasure of being on hold for half an hour to be told they don't know how to fix their billing system. If you have any chance to use another company, PLEASE do so.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

UPS sucks. Their deliveries are unreliable, and if a delivery doesn't come through, the only update you get either through a little sticker or online tracking with your tracking number, but the sticker gives COMPLETELY DIFFERENT information from the online tracking service. When you call their Customer Service, it's basically Russian Roulette because most of them don't know what they're doing AND can't do much to help you. Every once in a while you run into the competent person and get your delivery against all the odds, in the face of all the obstacles that this highly inefficient and antiquated system provides; every other instance, your delivery is a goner. Avoid.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I ordered a table off of Amazon. It was delivered yesterday and it doesn't seem damaged, but the delivery person threw the package in the bushes by the street like they were throwing it out of a moving vehicle. Usually they put it near the garage or mailbox, but this guy decided to throw/hide it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Ordered a mountain bike, shipped from Washington State to Arizona. Supposed to arrive Thursday January 16th, tracking website said will be delivered by end of day on the morning of the 16th, so I stayed home all afternoon/evening waiting since it needs a signature for delivery. At some point they changed the status to "weather delay"....no notice, via email, text, phone call.

Fine, Next morning, Friday, tracking status says by end of day, again stayed home to try to receive, called them at 9:00 Mountain time, was told that yup, shows by end of day, could be up to 11:59 pm. Stayed up late even though I had to get up at 5:00 am. No delivery. Worked all day, got home. Tracking now says "in transit", talked to another guy with an obvious call center accent who continually interrupted me, talked over me etc and told me that it had arrived "late" in Tucson so now wouldn't arrive at my house until Monday. I pointed out that the tracking site shows it got scanned into the Tucson facility over 40 hours previous and that the guy the night before told me it was on its way to my house. Useless, wasted my breath. I've used UPS for decades, never, ever again if I have any say in the matter, even if I have to buy a different product.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

The worst package delivery service EVER!!! Cannot find my address, even though I had two packages delivered here yesterday. The weekend drivers are very challenged. I needed my package today but due to their incompetence IT CANNOT BE DELIVERED TILL MONDAY!!!

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

UPS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

UPS was founded in a Seattle basement by two teenagers in 1907 as a home delivery packaging service. Today, UPS is an international company that utilizes technology to make it easy for consumers and businesses to send and receive packages when and where they need them.

• UPS store: Developed in 1980 as an alternative to the United States post office, the UPS store has more than 4,700 locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Along with shipping services, the stores offer services such as printing, copying and business services, making them a convenient one-stop-shop for businesses and consumers alike.

• My UPS: Create a free My UPS account to keep track of deliveries, set preferences and receive notifications when a package is on its way. This feature is available for consumers and businesses.

• Small business solutions: UPS offers several solutions for small businesses, including help with tracking and billing, returns solutions for retailers including e-commerce businesses and timesaving technologies.

• UPS Internet shipping: Streamline the process of shipping for your business with UPS Internet shipping. This feature helps you automate paperwork, create a bill of lading for freight shipments using saved addresses and commodity information and take care of printing labels and paying for shipping online.

• UPS World Ease: Ideal for businesses that frequently send shipments overseas, UPS World Ease simplifies the process of international shipping by allowing you to ship packages to multiple recipients within one country or within the European Union as one shipment that will clear customs as a single transaction. This can speed up the shipping process greatly and make it more efficient for you to continue shipping overseas.

• Best for: UPS is best for small businesses, particularly those that regularly ship overseas or domestically.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team