2. Moving

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.97/5

UPS Gallery (3)

Unsubscribe at any time.

United Parcel Service - UPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Parcel Service - UPS?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Everyone seems to love the fanaticism of Christmas time gifting! In so recognizing this fact in modern day America, the online shopping craze has almost fully automated our yesterdays of traipsing through traditional storefronts for unique finds, and last minute deals. So appropriately given the fact that we have to receive the goods we purchase via the internet, I introduce to you an old hat in the trenches, The United Parcel Service or also known as (aka: UPS). This oddly familiar brown chariots take the cake when it comes to a generations old trade. Their demonstrated leadership has been mirrored in other companies throughout the nation, and world over, but none are as far driven into the heart of the cities, and small towns citizenry as the gentle hand of consistency found within the United Parcel Services employees.

To note a recent observance, I of course ordered a gift for my elderly parents for Christmas. With reaching sighs of hope that they would be able to both handle, and love their much needed gift box, with a weighted blanket inside. I worried that it would arrive in a timely manner, and that they wouldn't struggle too much with getting it into the house and properly setup. Okay so to the beauty of the story within the delivery. The doorbell ring just happened to catch my mom passing the door, as she came down the stairwell. To her surprise it was the local UPS truck, doing what they do best, Timely & Friendly deliveries. So the delivery agent greeted my Mom, and told her he had a fairly heavy box to deliver to our home that morning, and asked if she needed help getting it into the door. Can you say this with me, Over and beyond the call of duty?

Over, and beyond the call of duty, an uncommon characteristic to capture, but surely it should be a common aspect in each of us to expect. Our delivery was a success, and the deliveryman gave a meager amount of his time, and energy to help get the box into the house. But the impact of his actions were viral, in that telling this story to my children, and friends inspired them to pass along an equally kind act, through demonstrated benefits of how wonderful it makes one feel to do good for others, as you would have them do to you. Well to say that characteristic was apparently natural in my parents' delivery that faithful day would be an understatement. Because each delivery was handled with care, awareness of those whom attempt to taint the good hearted delivery with thievery, by protecting its obviousness through placement in as best of an out of sight location as possible.

Every time the oddly brown old school swat looking truck is around, I am sure to give a proper mental hug, as well as friendly wave of affection to the men, and women who dare to take on the challenges before them, and exceed expectations for a constantly growing delivery demand. So if in reading this you find pleasure, the next time you come across one of these loyal transporters, extend your hand, and let them know that their service doesn't go unnoticed, and they are definitely appreciated. Here's to your day, I hope you enjoyed the read...

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I prefer using UPS services because it is a comprehensive professional entity. I feel confident sending and receiving packages and never had a problem at all! It is easy to track packages from the point of ordering to shipped, and delivered. Quality of service is meaningful to me and highly valued. Communication is excellent with the consumer in via ways. I especially like emails and texts! Every service is completed in a timely manner. UPS systems work! I am aware that UPS gives back to communities and serve individuals in ways to improve their quality of life. It is truly a company of authenticity and integrity! I am a proud consumer! Service excellence to humanity is UPS's goal!

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

We had several packages to send to south Carolina, so we sent one by UPS and one by USPS. We found UPS to be more cost effective. We sent the final two packages by UPS, not only was the staff friendly, professional, but they checked a couple different options on how to ship to try and save us as much money as possible, not to mention they remember who we were and there was a couple of weeks since we sent the first package. To me that goes a long way and they remembered what we were shipping. Who else does that in a town of 50,000 plus people, except our small town where we live, since we are just visiting. Great job UPS.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Most internet orders that I have placed have been shipped by UPS. I haven't had too many problems, maybe 2 issues in the last 5 years. A few years back, a driver left all my packages down at my mailbox which I cannot see from where I live. I rec'd a text from a neighbor informing me there were packages at my mailbox, I immediately drove down to retrieve the packages. If my neighbor had not alerted me the packages would have laid by my mailbox for the next 24 hours. The other issue was I had rec'd a notice that UPS had delivered a package but I couldn't find it. I don't have any problems with porch piracy, I waited a few days, my package showed up several days later at my neighbors house who lives on the street behind me. Very bizarre incident.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I shipped a dozen large boxes for a cross country move. The local UPS store went out their way to ensure everything was packaged safely and securely and that I was receiving the optimal pricing. A few weeks later, I received a call from manager of the UPS store inquiring about the date the packages arrived. She had followed up on the shipment and determined the packages arrived a few days after the 'promised' date. She was calling to ask if I wanted her to file a claim, that there was no guarantee but she thought she might be able to get a portion of my cost refunded. I hadn’t paid any attention to the date the boxes arrived, and was amazed she had followed up. Since she had this follow up, I told her to go ahead and process the claim, not expecting anything one way or another. Less than two weeks later, I received a full refund for my entire shipment! This is indicative of the customer service at UPS store. Her customer service was above and beyond.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I called for my daughter's phone to be picked up from campground that we visited. After receiving tracking number the system tells me that my package has been delivered at a future date in a completely different state. I call customer service and am informed it was put in the system as a return to Amazon so I have to call Amazon. Amazon, of course has no idea what I am talking about because they can only search for orders in their system. I was told a Supervisor would call me back; it never happened. After I called back and had to go through the entire process I am finally connected to a Supervisor who tells me that there is absolutely nothing that can be done because they delivered it where I set it up. I called for it to be delivered to my house, gave the address for my house and asked for the phone call to be reviewed and was never given any answer other than there is nothing that they can do. Never will use them again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

Couple of days ago, I waited at home for UPS delivery of grandson's laptop I ordered from Lenovo as it requires signature to receive. From time to time, I kept checking from the front door to see if UPS truck is on my driveway. Then after a while I saw another small item sitting on the step at my front door (delivered by UPS, but did not require signature). At the same time, I saw a sticky Note on my front door saying "Sorry we missed you ..." -- this is for the laptop delivery that requires signature. The Note indicated that the package could be picked up at the nearby UPS Access Point on the next business day. The delivery driver DID NOT knock on my door nor pressed the doorbell to get people's attention inside the house. They simply placed the sticky Note on the door and ASSUMED that no one was home to receive the package (despite of a car parked on the driveway).

Immediately I managed to call the UPS Customer Service, and spoke to someone who was in the Philippines (across the globe from the USA). I told them that the driver DID NOT knock on my door to get my attention. I was told that because of COVID-19, the driver was NOT ALLOWED to knock on the door (as if the house is contaminated with virus). This is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard in my life. How could I know that one is outside my door if they don't knock? I demanded the UPS Customer Service person to call the driver and tell them to return to my address so I can receive the item that I was waiting on. She said she could not do it (I guess that's understandable, with her being in the Philippines and the delivery being in USA).

Bottom-line, it was the following day (afternoon) that the package was placed in the locker at the nearby Access Point, which I was able to pick up. I lost a bucket of blood in the miserable experience, but it's okay -- I'm still alive! My suggestion for UPS: Teach their drivers to knock on the door so people inside the house would know. To stay safe with the COVID-19, teach the drivers to find a piece of any hard object outside that they could use to knock gently on the door if they don't want to use their own knuckles. There are so many ways to get people's attention in the house. And besides, they have the customer's contact phone numbers -- they can always call. Teaching their drivers to use common sense could be very handy, and could also make their customers happy.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I continue to be very disappointed with the UPS delivery service. Cannot send packages to Penn States - they don't have an acceptable way to accept the mailing address on main campus without a building and zip code.

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2020

UPS Resolved the matter immediately and restored my faith in them. Thank you UPS.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

** In regards to this tracking number. This package was dropped off at the wrong address. After spending time calling twice by the way, the first rep told me they would dispatch the driver to retrieve the package and would call me back in an hour. I never received a call. When I called back to find out what was going on, a second rep told me that I was misinformed and that I would have to fill out an investigation form. Since this is the second package that has gone missing from the same shipper destined to arrive to me, I am officially angry.

This whole adventure has cost me thousands of dollars as what was shipped was a part of a design that I have been patiently waiting to complete. I don't want an apology UPS. I want my package found and delivered. I will not fill out forms for a mistake that you made. Instead I will spend my time utilizing my mass social media accounts to spread the word as to the lack of professionalism reliability UPS stands for. Since UPS has cost me money at this point, I will return the favor with the help of many of my friends in the law dept. and social media. I'm sure you will be hearing and seeing all about it shortly. Thank you for making me miss 2 deadlines and costing me money.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

Don’t bother with getting insurance. Shipped a glass globe, packaged in my own box (a box specifically made to ship a glass globe), and one lens was broken in transit. I paid for insurance up to $600, but that didn’t seem to matter. It was obvious the box had been dropped on its side. Only one lens broken, the box was fine as was the rest of the globe. UPS denied the claim, saying it was the packaging fault. Not the driver who carelessly handled the box and obviously dropped it. Not the handling person at the warehouse. Despite FRAGILE written all over the box, it was still handled carelessly. But UPS denied the claim with no real explanation, other than “packaging”. I’ll never use UpS again. USPS would have done a better job.

UPS author review by ConsumerAffairs

UPS was founded in a Seattle basement by two teenagers in 1907 as a home delivery packaging service. Today, UPS is an international company that utilizes technology to make it easy for consumers and businesses to send and receive packages when and where they need them.

• UPS store: Developed in 1980 as an alternative to the United States post office, the UPS store has more than 4,700 locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Along with shipping services, the stores offer services such as printing, copying and business services, making them a convenient one-stop-shop for businesses and consumers alike.

• My UPS: Create a free My UPS account to keep track of deliveries, set preferences and receive notifications when a package is on its way. This feature is available for consumers and businesses.

• Small business solutions: UPS offers several solutions for small businesses, including help with tracking and billing, returns solutions for retailers including e-commerce businesses and timesaving technologies.

• UPS Internet shipping: Streamline the process of shipping for your business with UPS Internet shipping. This feature helps you automate paperwork, create a bill of lading for freight shipments using saved addresses and commodity information and take care of printing labels and paying for shipping online.

• UPS World Ease: Ideal for businesses that frequently send shipments overseas, UPS World Ease simplifies the process of international shipping by allowing you to ship packages to multiple recipients within one country or within the European Union as one shipment that will clear customs as a single transaction. This can speed up the shipping process greatly and make it more efficient for you to continue shipping overseas.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team