United Parcel Service - UPS

Compare Shipping Companies

Research top Shipping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered a laptop via Amazon Prime. UPS was the carrier! Based on my Prime membership the package was expected to be delivered in 2 days. On the first day there was a weather advisory in my area, however the package made it From Ohio to New Jersey. On the second day (delivery day) it never came due to the weather advisory the day before, and they couldn't track it because the facility was closed. Please note I order 3 pieces and 2 of 3 arrived. In other words there was NO WEATHER ADVISORY! On the third day they called to tell me "Sorry you will get it on Monday."

I live 30 mins away from the Service location and offered to drive and pick it up. Very annoyed I asked them, "You mean to tell me UPS couldn't cross the tunnel and drop off my laptop? A 30 minute drive- but my other packages made it from GA?" They held it "hostage" for 96 hours, when offered a number of times to drive 30 minutes from NYC to pick it up! All in all I'm very dissatisfied with UPS!

I thought the Post Office is the worse to receive packages but I was wrong. UPS is worst than a company operated by a third world. I can't believe the emotional trauma I have to go through to receiver a simple package. How on earth can you call a customer to pick an item that is not available for pick up and the blame it on the driver. No wonder my job stopped dealing with them. I hate UPS with passion. Customer service sucks so are the workers at the facility. Incompetence is an understatement. It's all about greed profitability. Hopefully FedEx would be the giant soon.

I am writing this letter out of utter frustration, and hoping that it will come across someone's desk today that can help me. It is urgent that I receive my package but no one seems to want to help me find it. I am from Arizona and have just experienced the worst customer service from two of your facilities here, (Meg from the Mesa sort facility) & (Barbara from the Tempe sort facility).

I had ordered an important item for a very important Military Award Ceremony this coming Saturday evening, February 11th at the Luke Air Force Base in Arizona. My package was shipped 2 day so that I would receive its contents in plenty of time, however the shipper mistakenly put the wrong zip code on the label. When I called to see if they could hold it at the Mesa sorting plant, Meg said that it was already on its way to the Tempe location but wouldn't arrive there until Monday for delivery. This would mean that I would have to miss the award ceremony tomorrow evening. Mesa and Tempe are right next to one another, how could it take 3 days to get from one location to the other? Doesn't make any sense at all.

When I called the Tempe location and talked with Barbara there, she said after checking her records that my package was still at the Mesa plant. How could my package be at neither facility? I got the feeling that one or both ladies were just too lazy to go look for it. In the meantime, I am going to have to miss my Military Award Event because I do not have that package. I am very frustrated and willing to go pick it up if someone would just do their job and track it down for me. Neither lady sounded very happy to help me when answering the phone, they almost sounded irritated.

I have never experienced such bad attitudes and customer service. I would never leave my customer hanging out to dry especially if it was for something important or for someone that serves our country. If there is anyone there at the corporate offices that could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. If there is anyone there at the corporate offices that could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Had a problem with delivery of package. The solution seemed to be leaving instruction for delivery driver. Driver would not accept written signed instructions and was told to do it electronically on My Choice. Spent an hour and a half with 4 phone calls to UPS support to try to accomplish this simple mission. Was repeatedly given bad information by reps, including incorrect information and no information (as in, they did not understand their own system). Their website is very confusing and difficult to use, and I am online all the time dealing with companies. Use the alternatives if you can.

My experience with the Package Delivery of the UPS company was phenomenal. It was an on time, wonderful delivery of the package in a timely manner for when it was going to be delivered. Had absolutely no problems, and would like to rate the company high marks on service with delivery and the efficiency of the driver of the truck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

I needed a package rerouted. It took 1 hour and 52 minutes to communicate with customer service. Call center doesn't speak English. UPS throws packages. Leaves them on the porch to be stolen then pays some overseas call center to deal with it. I finally got so frustrated I started giving diction lessons to the person in the phone.

Lazy Driver. UPS made a first attempt to deliver my package and left a note when no one was home. I took that note they left and wrote on it "PLEASE LEAVE PKG AT DOOR IF NO ONE IS HOME. IF SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED PLEASE LEAVE AT FRONT OFFICE." 2nd attempt was made and driver completely ignored my note. Called UPS and asked if I can change the delivery address. They said "no problem as long as you pay us $7." Of course I didn't pay. Then I asked if a signature was required. They said that there was no signature required on this package and will let the driver know to leave pkg at door. 3rd attempt same ** happens. Leave a note and the driver didn't leave the package. Now I have to drive 20 miles out of my way to go get the damn pkg.

I truly understand you need to be 21 years old to sign for certain packages, but when the driver knows what time you get home and where you work and he deliberately comes at a time when he knows you're not there so you cannot get your packages. I have told customer service in the past what time I get home. I had actually seen a UPS truck parked in front of my house when I get home and I do not have a delivery, he's just showing me that he could come there when I'm there but he's not. I have told customer service in the past this driver has a problem with me. My feelings are he is letting personal beliefs get involved with his work, and it's making your company look bad. I don't like seeing anyone lose their job especially in this day and age all I'm asking is that the man does his job! Thank you so much for reading this and any help would be appreciated.

Absolutely disgusting establishment. I have had packages sent to me on three separate occasions in which cash had been stolen out of. By the third offense, we realized that each time goods were sent to me from my father (UPS would see his name as the return address), they were being opened and the cash stolen. The first time an envelope labeled "for groceries" had been stolen out of a care package sent to me through UPS. The second two times the money was hidden within the package and STILL was stolen.

Not only is this a disgrace, but UPS makes it extremely complicated to get in touch with them, and once you do, they could quite honestly care less. I was simply told "there is nothing we can do." So while there is nothing they can do for me, I have vowed to never use UPS again and STRONGLY recommend others to turn to FedEx instead. FedEx is much more reliable, and will ultimately save you the trouble of being stolen from. UPS has lost my business, and I can only hope they will lose yours too.

I have been waiting for over 8 days to get any shipping and tracking information as to what is going on with a order from eBay. Sooo much runaround from them. UPS SurePost should be put out of business as they are unreliable and untrustworthy. Will contact BBB if no remedy is found. DO NOT TRUST UPS SUREPOST!!!

I ordered a bed from a well known furniture store's website and UPS was responsible for the delivery. A few weeks after my order I checked the tracking number because it had not arrived yet. On their tracking website it said my bed was delivered. After submitting a claim for my missing item UPS conducted an investigation and agreed there was no proof that bed was delivered and they would either refund my money or pay for another bed. I had very poor customer service throughout this entire process. Anytime I called inquiring about the status of my refund or the issue at hand I was never told anything, everyone working customer service would say that they "were working on it" or that I would have to consult with the furniture store.

About two months later I arrive home and there is a large box sitting on my doorstep, it was slats and side rails to the bed, there was no headboard or rest of the bed. By this point I had already bought another bed because I was tired of sleeping on the floor and I thought I was never going to get the bed. I specified to UPS that I wanted a refund way before they sent half of the bed and they never informed me that the bed was on its way. I was not kept informed on any part of this process and if it was not for the furniture company, I would still be waiting on ups for anything to happen. I WILL NEVER USE UPS EVER AGAIN. I understand that accidents happen and things get lost, that's not why I am upset. I am frustrated because I was not informed as to what was going on with MY order, they were unable to answer any of my questions and they don't seem too concerned about keeping customers.

So my husband orders me a $300.00 pair of shoes from Cole Haan. UPS auto corrects my address and delivers it to a totally different address because they don't deliver to P.O. boxes?! Now I'm out of $300 and someone has a pair of shoes they probably can't even afford! They're not even trying to retrieve my package or nothing! Oh and by the way this is the 2nd time this has happened! Seems like I can't get any kind of help! Returning my package to sender or just simply taking it back to the station would've been smart too. Thanks!

Their customer service team was not unified. I called 3 separate times and was told different things. I paid for one day shipping and it's been a week and they keep giving me the run around. I just told them to send it back. I will NEVER use their service again!

Gave UPS an envelope to deliver by a date certain. They guaranteed delivery by 10 am, but later said they could only guarantee delivery by end of day. My package sat in Salt Lake City for an entire day. Then they claimed a coal train derailment (my package was not on that train!) caused them to miss delivery. Problem is the derailment did not affect their delivery options AND even assuming it did, they did nothing to get the package and re-route it for timely delivery. No one bothers to call and tell you there's a delivery issue either.

After speaking to countless people in customer service (oxymoron), no one could tell me where my package was or when it would be delivered. The next day they lied and said it was at a hub, where no one worked on Saturdays. Problem, it wasn't at a hub. It was 7.6 miles away from the delivery location, but they refused to deliver it because I hadn't asked for Saturday delivery. When you talk to the UPS Store, they claim they have no relation to UPS. When I asked them for my money back, they claim they have to ask UPS because they are only a franchise. Then tell me that UPS will deny my claim anyway and there's no recourse.

Customer service is entirely unhelpful. They expressed zero concern about their failure to fulfill the contract and then told me all they are responsible for is the envelope, not what is in it or damages for failure to deliver on time. Unfortunately for them, I signed the "disclaimers", which are in print too small to read, as having been signed under duress. They still accepted the package, so they are responsible for all my damages. Will never use UPS again.

I was home all day on January 27th waiting for a package. I live in an apartment building, so you have to ring my doorbell and I have to come down and open the door to receive any packages. I was really annoyed that I never heard the doorbell go off at all that day and then to be informed that my package was being taken to a UPS access point. I gave instruction about how to ring my doorbell and there is a sign by the door of my building on how to ring the doorbells (which is just putting my apt. number in the keypad). My doorbell works so I am going to logically assume that they didn't even try. This is really annoying because I went out of my way to stay available so I could receive my package. If you are inadequate to ring a doorbell why do you have a job?

Package delivery service - I live in a apartment complex, and the UPS drivers never knock. They just stick the note on door and run. Well I've been expecting a package and apparently you've "attempted" to deliver but shame on you because I was home waiting and no one ever knocked. The address it told me to grab my package at is no longer a building. Frustrating... Call the number on the paper just to be told it's at some knick knack place and won't be delivered until Monday. Great so now all my goodies are going to be old and stale because you failed to do your jobs 100%. Pretty pathetic if I could choose who my products go through it sure wouldn't be you guys.

One of the worst shipping company. I have got so much misinformation from them I am beginning to believe either their tracking department lies intentionally or UPS play games with their customer by putting confusing info in their tracking system. I am a volume customer but I don't think UPS gives a damn me because they are so big. I also deal with DHL even though they are little bit expensive but I rather pay little extra to have customer friendly and dependable service. I am notifying all my suppliers in China if they use UPS they will lose my business.

I sent my baggage to my network address. It was a really bad experience with UPS. My stuff was broken. Things were missing. Also, I received my baggage after a week of the delivery date. Really disappointed from UPS services.

I ordered a rare car part from eBay. No insurance was offered to me. Upon arrival, I found my part had been crushed, not dropped, CRUSHED. UPS did nothing for me, no refunds or replacement. Not that they could replace this. Said they would refund the shipper part of the shipping money, not me. WTH! Completely unsatisfied, questioning UPS's ability to ship products. I will be contacting my lawyer over this matter!

This service is either a fraud scheme, or woefully inadequate. I get notices of package deliveries. The system says I can reschedule or redirect packages, but does not allow me to do so. They give a delivery window of 2:45P.M. - 6:30 p.m. I try to reschedule, but the site won't let me, so I make arrangements to leave work early to be there. Then they say they come at 10:17 A.M., find me at home to sign for the package and deliver it. They did not ring the bell (it rings to my phone), so I know that something is seriously not legit. I will have to wait until I get home to see if they left any kind of notice as to where the package is. They cannot give me an answer as to why no one ever rings the doorbell when they attempt to deliver. This has happened more than once.

The last time this happened, they said the package was at the UPS distribution center, 45 minutes away, so I made the drive, only to find out that they had given the package to someone with a fake ID. Both of these packages were from the same shipper, so I guess they are in this together, but UPS does not seem to care that either. They are being used or their employees are using them as a front for a scam. I should also mention that the UPS employees say they have nothing to do with UPS My Choice. What is that about?

I was at home 1/24/2017 but the UPS driver failed to wait long enough for me to get to the door. He knocked one time on the door and left and by the time I got to the door he was turning the corner. I am a senior citizen and I do not move very fast. He put note on my door with a location where my package was to be picked up. When I complained to UPS they referred me to his supervisor, Eleanor, who immediately defended him and kept cutting me off every time I tried to say something else otherwise. UPS management isolates itself from my complaints by keeping me going back and forth between their customer service agent and the driver's supervisor without being able to escalate my complaint to a higher manager.

There are never any guarantees whenever you're shipping a package with a carrier. However, after the nightmare that I have experienced from UPS losing my package. I have learned a huge lesson. First, no one cares that package is missing. Second, and If you had failed to insure that package... UPS will only refund back to you, the shipping charge and a good faith fee of $100.00. So ALWAYS, insure your package for as many dollars that you feel that a possible lost would be worth. It won't replace the items, but that lost might be a little easier to deal with.

Package delayed after they shipped it the right direction then it went backwards the wrong way. They never updated the delivery all day it said end of day. I stayed two hours late and only then got a update delivery next day. It gets better the package then arrived in the city. They said delivery that day to start the day but then changed it to delivery the next day! I tried to call but you can never talk to a real person! I drove to UPS. They still would not give me my package! Just a lame excuse of the weather. What?? The package was scanned in the night before! They don't care! I left emails different locations with my info no reply! Sad sad service... I cannot imagine worse service!

Bad experience with pick ups, if you have any concern not able to talk to a person for help, they even knock down the phone on you. They sometimes not pick up the package, come earlier or later than scheduled and not even able to check anywhere your pickup confirmation.

My mother passed away the end of September. One of the things she left to me was her beautiful 45 year old blown glass collection. My father had the pieces specially made and gave them to her for her birthday and Christmas. I went to Illinois and stayed with one of my sisters. We were brought the glass collection back to my sister's house and very carefully packed it. There was 15 pieces within 3 boxes. We put double bubble wrap inside each box which covered the bottom and the sides. We wrapped each piece of glass in bubble wrap and put it in its own individual small hard box. We then took the small boxes and put them in the bigger boxes and folded the rest of the bubble wrap over the top. Then filled in any gaps inside the big boxes and the smaller boxes with air filled plastic. I sent the boxes to myself in Arizona along with 10 other boxes of items.

I went to the UPS store in Streamwood Illinois on Barrington Rd and paid over $400.00 to ship all the boxes. When the boxes arrived on October 24, 2017 and I opened them, 10 out of the 15 pieces of the glass were shattered or broken. The boxes were marked fragile and showed visible damage to the outside as if they had been thrown. These glass pieces are irreplaceable. I called UPS an hour later to make a claim after I stopped crying. I was on the phone with UPS corporate office for 45 minutes giving them information. I asked for someone from UPS to please come look at how the pieces were packed and how badly they were shattered or broken. They refuse to have an inspector come out and look. I have called UPS corporate and the store location 19 times (all claims have to be submitted from the store you ship from to corporate). It is January 22, 2017 and my claim still has not been completed.

UPS corporate pushes it back on the store. The store owner was great and sent UPS corporate a 33 page fax when he submitted the claim. He has called corporate many times. I will never use UPS again ever. Neither will my family. I am devastated at how careless UPS is and how they don't care. If the items that were broken were something else I wouldn't have been so upset. This blown glass collection was special, one of a kind and when I was a child I used to stand in front of my mother's China cabinet and look at the collection and how the sun would bounce off the colors. It was so beautiful. I am grieving from the loss of my mother and to have deal with this and UPS not taking care of my claim is just wrong.

Oh and out of the other 10 boxes one of them had been opened stuffed with brown paper and taped back up way more than what I taped it. 2 items were taken out of that box. The claim for that has still not been taken care of by UPS. I want to try to replace the 10 pieces that were shattered and broken with pieces that are as close to what my mother had. I took pictures of everything, the shattered and broken pieces and all packing material. It is impossible for the pieces to have broke unless the boxes were thrown. They were packed so carefully. By the denting on the outside of the boxes that is clearly what happened. It's really sad that a company doesn't care about their customers. I am going to call our family attorney. I have a great case against UPS. I have attached a couple of pictures to show how careless UPS is. :(

Have been trying to get a packaged delivered for 2 days. Shipper did not put apartment number on my address. UPS sent me multiple shipping updates stating address has been corrected then refused to deliver because it had no apartment number, started sending shipping updates - address corrected and it still does not have apartment number. If you know the address is wrong why are you sending shipping updates when you know you are not going to deliver it.

I am beyond livid regarding a package that was shipped from Waxahachie, TX to Beeville, TX. This package not only contained several sentimental items that belonged to my mom who passed away, but also her cremated ashes. They were aware of the box contents, there was even the original box packed inside the store's box that was taped by UPS. The package arrived with the bag my mom's ashes were in SLICED open! Items had been rummaged through at some point, not the original store, but one of the UPS stores it went through along the way. My whole problem with this is #1 UPS charged extra for the ashes being shipped, #2 the fact the bag was sliced open when it could have been opened and closed securely and #3 these people are beyond ignorant when it comes to any common decency. This was absolutely their fault.

An employee opened 2 boxes (not even just 1) and rummaged through things causing damage to photo frames, my mom's ceramic personal items broken into pieces, family heirlooms beyond repair covered in my mom's ashes!!! I'm just at a loss as to what I think and makes me question what these people are on!!! I only have the tracking and incident # regarding this. I submitted multiple photos and these are only a few. I still have not unpacked the box due to my mom's ashes on everything so it is hard to do without breaking down. I have yet to receive the status of this claim and have been given the runaround for several weeks now.

If you use shipping companies and/or brokers, do not use www.Coyote.com. They ripped off my company (specifically, Caleb ** National Account Manager) and refuse to refund full reimbursement for freight they lost 6 months ago!!! I have his e-mails with lame excuses. Pass the word... they need to be put out of business!

Do not bother to buy damage insurance from UPS. They will not honor it. They will smash your package and just continue to deny your claim until you go away. That is their MO. In fact don't bother to shop anything with UPS!

I was at home when the confirmation came through for delivery, but there was nothing outside. I waited until the next day to see if anything showed up to the front door and nothing. I looked at the left at and it said other - released. They said on their side it says front door. How does it say one thing on one side and something completely different on the other? She didn't send me a screen shot of the supposedly front door screen she had. She referred me to contact Amazon, but why should the company sending the package have to pay for a mistake made by the delivery company that didn't finish their job?

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Profile