United Parcel Service - UPS
2.23/5
  • 1 star
Based on 961 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

United Parcel Service - UPS

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

3431 United Parcel Service - UPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I've had to wait 3 days in a row for a package that still hasn't came. In each day they tell me it's on the truck for delivery and then I have to wait home and it never gets delivered. I have over $400 worth products just stuck in limbo and I'm not getting answers. I tried getting it shipped to the store and the same thing happened. Also, customer service is a joke. They are absolutely useless and no help at all. At this point I'm pretty pissed.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We used UPS as the shipper on an order from Gehl tracking # **. This item was ordered as next day dropship to my customer, unfortunately it took 2 days for my customer to get a package that he paid $46.66 for to get the next day. UPS tried to say that Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery, yet my customer lives 20 miles from the hub in Columbia MO and said that the weather was fine. UPS would not do a partial refund and expects me to pass along a bill to my customer for something they did receive on time!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Honestly how do companies have utter lack of communication? I called UPS as they needed to deliver equipment to my business, which was supposed to be delivered on the 18 but they delivered it on the 17 when no one was there. We were not notified of the delivery at all. As we are a new business that is not yet open no one was there on the 17th. Fast forward the 18th, I call UPS, spoke to customer service and am told they need a letter of authorization from the previous carrier as to who will incur the fees then they can ship out the equipment.

The letter was sent and I called back. Spoke to UPS customer service who called their service dept/dispatch and advised they received the letter and would ship out tomorrow. Today is that day, we have been waiting since 8am, called UPS. They said they haven't received anything. Spoke to dispatch manager and he said they received the letter at 9:30 but no one told them to deliver it today. Which is a LIE! That is not at all what I was told! All the trucks are out and they cannot deliver until Monday. My business is at a complete standstill. I'm a very pissed off consumer!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I ordered a laptop from Amazon for two day shipping, to arrive on the 17th of January. As it was a costly item it required a signature upon delivery, so I opted to have it delivered to a UPS dropoff location (my first mistake). The changes would not take effect until the 18th I was told, which I was fine with. On the 18th UPS did not deliver it to the requested dropoff location and instead attempted to deliver it to my house, which I was not there for. I later found out from UPS that the original dropoff location was "full and not accepting packages" even though I literally went inside and found this not to be the case - they also never informed me of this when I selected this location in the first place.

So onto today, the 19th. UPS tells me that I requested the package to be sent to a totally different delivery facility (which I did not) which would result in an additional delay leading to it "possibly" arriving MONDAY January 22nd. They selected a new dropoff location that closes at 6 pm and informed me that the driver doesn't enter the area until 6 or 7, so how does that make sense? I contacted two levels of UPS customer service only to be given boiler-plate information they read off the computer. They would not help me in getting it delivered and they did not even give me the courtesy to allow me to come pick it up.

Overall horrible experience, would give UPS in NYC, specifically the Bronx a ZERO star rating if possible. These are the same people who on a regular basis claim they tried to make a delivery AND who leave a slip on our door but do not even ring our bell to try and get our attention. HORRIBLE. Use any other shipper if you live in NYC or the Bronx specifically.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I was home all day when my package was supposed to be delivered. No doorbell was rang and we didn't hear a package get dropped off (we hear when anything is delivered). I called UPS about the issue. I think the UPS driver stole my package and nothing was done to fix the issue. They don't care if people actually get their stuff. Awful delivery company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I got a package supposed to be delivered to my house and then it end up being at the access point which 30 mins away from my house. Their emails went through spam and no one mind to give me a call. I PAID TO GET IT DELIVERED TO MY HOUSE. So I called customer service to talk about it, and this retarded women, named Jenny if she didn't give me the wrong one, with ID number as **, talked to me in a rude way. I asked if my package would be there when I come the next day and she said it got picked up to send back to shipper. I asked again why my notification said I had until tomorrow to get my package, she said I just have to call back customer service. WTF? I'm talking to her, a customer service. Then she tried to cut me off, saying "have a good one" when I'm not finished talking to her. How in the world a company like you guys doesn't know how to manage your employee. What a ** up.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

If I could give UPS a zero I would. Time after time I've dealt with so many issues with these people. TWICE I've had packages that said delivered that were NOT THERE. The first time it was deliver HOURS later. And now the same thing is happening. Said it was delivered at 4, called at 6. They said they would call me back within an HOUR & let me know what's going on, 2 hours later & still no call so I call them again (both times the person I spoke with had horrible English so I couldn't understand anything she was saying). They said they tried to call & no answer. And they did NOT try to call me. My phone was on, full service, and I wasn't on it for the entire time I was waiting. She said it would be too late to try to call the driver now, that it would have to be resolved in the morning (when I'm leaving to go out of town).

All while I'm trying to explain to her the reason I'm so angry (because they keep putting delivered when it's NOT). She keeps just talking over me huffing and puffing. So these people are so incompetent that they cannot simply put DELIVERED WHEN IT WAS ACTUALLY DELIVERED & DELAYED WHEN IT IS DELAYED. Both times so far I'm on a wild goose chase looking for my packages making sure they were not stolen or delivered to the wrong house. Not to mention, they almost have never delivered on time. If I can chose from now on FedEx or a different delivery service I will never deal with these incompetent rude people ever again! There's a reason this company has TWO STARS. I would suggest training your drivers to maybe have some common sense and your customer service employees have some decency. Never have I dealt with this from FedEx.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I had the worst experience dealing with this company and I have had my share of awful experiences. I was just shocked that I was actually dealing with the 'UPS World Headquarters.' My address was 'undeliverable', even though I have received packages from other delivery companies including theirs. My package was sent to an access point that was 45 minutes away. Why? There was an access point that was just about 15 minutes away from the address that package was to be delivered to. I called on a Friday to have it re-sent. I called on the Monday to follow up because I still had not received my package. I was told that it had not been sent yet and that it can take up to 48 hours from my re-send request date for the package to arrive.

The next day I called to inquire, I was told that my request was not processed. How? When I spoke to two different people on two different days about it? I spoke to a supervisor who told me that she would personally ensure that they pick up the package the next day and deliver it to me. Nothing. I called the next day and the supervisor again promised delivery the next day. Nothing. I called the next day to have my package returned to the sender. Six days later I receive a call from the supervisor to follow up. Really? I have the names of the people I spoke with. Never again. I have learned my lesson. I would request that another company be used to deliver my packages and not UPS. Never again, even if I were to live right next to or opposite an 'access point.'

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I WOULD GIVE THEM A ZERO IF I COULD!!! For the last 4 days I have called UPS to pick up a package from my home. For the last 4 days they keep telling me they are coming and I SHOULD PUT THE RETURN LABEL ON THE PACKAGE. I keep telling them that I HAVE NO LABEL, UPS was supposed to bring the label, put it on and take the package. I have spoken with numerous customer reps, 3 supervisors and some person keeps calling and telling me they are coming the next day but tomorrow will be day 5. When I ask for the number of the local office, they tell me they can't give that number out, I have to go through the mail number. So I am no closer to getting the package sent. I would cancel but already paid for the pickup. I really think their system needs a rehaul and people should be held accountable. But big business protects themselves. So I am stuck in a hamster wheel, spinning around, waiting day after day.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I order a package from Amazon, which was picked up and delivered to the local distribution center in Jacksonville, Fl. Everyday since its arrival at the distribution center, the package has been out for delivery but never actually delivered. This has gone on for 8 days now. Today I checked and was told that the delivery of my package will be rescheduled. Problem is I don't know when, they apparently do know when which is unbelievable. Absolutely unsat. Nothing against businesses, but I will not order from a business that utilizes UPS for shipping.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I ordered a perishable package from Omaha Steaks on January 5th. UPS has never been able to find my house and always say that the address is incorrect. It is not incorrect. After dealing with 3 delays on this one package, it still hasn’t arrived as of January 17th. The worst part of it is that UPS couldn’t care less that their service is deplorable. I will never ship UPS again. It’s FedEx from here on.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

They picked up my 65" smart TV for shipment to Mexico. 7 days later I called to ask why it showed still in Vegas. They said they need to return for different papers. It came back 10 days later, left outside, damaged. It took 20 phone calls to get someone to come verify damage. He said it was indeed cracked down the screen. And the packing was sufficient. $40 TV box with foam inserts and corners... Another 5 phone calls later asking once again why I haven't heard from anyone, and they replied "we're not liable for damage"... So, they never shipped it, only pick up and return and it's destroyed... And they say "Sorry for your experience." This is unacceptable that a business can just wash their hands of responsibility. AND THE DRIVER CONTINUES TO WORK FOR THEM. Completely unacceptable and disgusting.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I have a sign on front porch for UPS, FedEx, and USPS to not place packages in front of door. This is for safety issues. I also have signs on backyard fence NO TRESPASSING! However, people think that means nothing and yet they still enter. UPS did not place the packages on front porch where sign states. However, there have been recent thefts that have been reported in my county. The driver disregarded specific placement on front porch. Driver ignored the No Trespassing sign on the fence gate. And it was a good thing the dogs were not in the backyard.

However, the driver placed the two large boxes on the back patio to the side of back door. The packages were not in plain view for someone to steal. Therefore, in spite of placement of packages on front porch and disregard for No trespass on gate, the driver was proactive to ensure the packages did not get stolen. Thanks for being concerned. Great job!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

My medically necessary package still says "Out for delivery". The supervisor didn't call, so I just called again, and demanded a supervisor, and she tells me that "It is still in our warehouse and has not even been sorted yet"...WTF??? It's not like I'm waiting on a toy or a candle or Avon, It's a Medical Mattress for my BACK! (Which is on severe pain right now). This is the second time they have screwed me over. If it hasn't even been freaking sorted then WHY say...Scheduled For DELIVERY TODAY... Now I have to TRY to attempt to sleep in a recliner since YOU, UPS sat on your butts all weekend and didn't sort or deliver my medically necessary BED!! Thanks. UPS!!

And don't even try an apology... My mattress is the ONLY thing that will make this right...not even a million dollars!!! I NEED MY Mattress Now. I am disabled. Have had 3 back surgeries and more. I NEED my mattress NOW! The CSR Supervisor says, "I'm sorry, it's not going to be delivered today..." It still hasn't even been sorted in the warehouse!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I would give this company 0 stars but this review form won’t let me. I have been waiting over 1 month now for my order to arrive! UPS got my order to within 20 minutes of my house and then lost it! The seller sent out a replacement which UPS sent to a different country. Finally got it turned around and heading in the right direction but it has now been “held” or “delayed” three times! It was suppose to FINALLY arrive today but I have now been informed that it is “delayed” due to operating conditions... the weather and road conditions are perfectly fine!!

I ordered two other items several days after this original package and those two items arrived within two days by FedEx! The customer service for UPS is a joke, to say the least! They don’t actually help in any way, they just fob you off with the basic rehearsed “I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your patience and will look into this for you.” But they don’t care and clearly are not actually doing anything. I will NEVER recommend anyone use this company for their shipping/delivery needs. There are many other postal companies out there, use one of them, do NOT use UPS!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

UPS Had my package in my state and city AND THEY SENT IT TO CANADA AND DELAYED IT. Completely disgusted with their service. The worst delivery company I’ve ever seen between delaying my packages for inclement weather when it’s not even raining and my package is in the same state as me or them shipping my package to Canada and delaying it a day.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Horrible experience. I used them when I was moving from Denmark to Belgium. The package was delivered to a wrong address and to a wrong person who took it and opened it (many items were missing from the boxes). I reported the problem but they lost it and every time I called afterwards to see what is going on they said that problem has never been reported. Then I send them the evidence (mail and phone calls) and they do not reply or reply that the problem has not been reported (as if they were drugged). The bill came 4x higher than the estimated shipping costs that we agreed on. Total mess – next time I will rather take boxes myself on foot than deal with these people…

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

UPS is a company without any integrity. Thankfully, I am a lawyer and so will be filing a suit against it tomorrow in our local Small Claims Court for $2300, in addition to the cost of filing and service for an additional $400.00. It will take me about 15 minutes to prepare and electronically file the complaint. Once UPS is served it will have no choice but to either hire a lawyer to appear at a pretrial conference, or to resolve my complaint. The sad fact is this is such a pitiful company in resolving its own errors that a lawsuit is the only way to get Justice, and more people who have problems with this company should do the same.

The facts are simple. Ordered three iPhones from Sam's Club. They used UPS as the Shipper. UPS lost the phones in transit... they were never delivered. UPS keeps playing games... supposedly its investigation is supposed to take eight days (what could possibly take 8 days to investigate a package never delivered?). After my wife spent 60 minutes detailing exactly what was purchased for a formal complaint... UPS somehow neglected to start the investigation process. 15 days later, when the information was again provided them... in detail... they closed the investigation claiming they did not have enough detail on the package. UPS never bothered contacting us to get more information, nor did it contact Sam's...it simply, unbelievably... despite knowing exactly was in the packages.. .closed the account. Rather than deal with this rogue, dishonest company... a suit is much easier.

As for Sam's, they also wipe their hands off the situation. All they will tell me is file a police report. So we are joining Sam's into the lawsuit. Let Sam's lawyer come to Court and tell the Judge we need to file a police report. Let's face it... these companies do this intentionally... they never admit. More people should grab the bull by the horns and file a lawsuit when these rogue companies treat us as poorly as they do. It's inexpensive and easy to file a lawsuit in your local small claims court. You don't even need a lawyer to do so. Don't let them get away with it.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Took a full day off of work to wait for a package that never arrived and was rescheduled to the next day and had no option to sign ahead of time. Then was rescheduled for the 15th. Then it went out for delivery on the 13th so day was rearranged to facilitate getting the package and it never arrived. Signature required is an outdated technology. Not being able to track your packages in real-time is unsatisfactory for a company in 2018. UPS needs to get out of the Stone Age and get on board with customer service.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Driver couldn't find my house. Same house I've lived in for 4 years. Every other postage service finds my house. I call customer service and she tells me they have to try to deliver it again something about I'm under a contract with UPS. I tell her I've lived here 4 years and you guys never find my house and I always have to pick it up 40 minutes from my house. I ask her to hold it at the center and I'll pick it up on Monday. Today is Saturday. She says she can't do that. I tell her I want to speak to a manager and she puts me on hold. I wait on hold for 21 minutes and finally hang up and call back. The automated system asks me if I want to pick up my package at the ups center. I agree and schedule to pick it up on Monday??? Really!!! Worst customer service ever! Completely put me in a horrible mood. All you have to do is put our address in Google Maps and it brings you to our doorstep. IDK what they use for GPS but I think it's time to upgrade.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Paid a lot of money for next day air for my phone and instead it’s taken almost 4 days. Still isn’t here. Also, it’s almost 5:00 PM at the time of this writing and I haven’t even seen the UPS truck. Please, a word of advice for anyone who’s reading is always go through USPS. I got my mail from the USPS at 12 PM. Very dissatisfied with UPS.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

My recent experience with UPS has been bad. Because UPS is not supplying drivers with trucks that will navigate the poor weather conditions in Maine packages are being delayed sometimes by 4 or 5 days. It's amazing that a company that is willing to spend 25 million on Tesla trucks is unable or unwilling to buy a few 4-wheel drive trucks to enable deliveries deliver on time. Amazon Prime guaranteed 2-day deliveries are impossible in the winter and most stretch out to 4 or 5 days. My neighbor was waiting for some overnight medication to be delivered from the VA and because UPS was unable to deliver he now has to wait 5 extra days (they don't deliver on weekends and Monday is Martin Luther King Jr day). This is seriously messed up. I don't blame the driver at all, it's hardly their fault that UPS does not supply a vehicle that is safe to drive in the 5 months of ice and snow that we get in Maine?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Good evening. I never faced this kind of incident when I couriered parcel to any place for the last couple of months. I couriered two parcels for two locations. One is Texas and the other one is California but they gave me a delivery date one is on January 11th 2018 to the Texas address and the other one is January 12th 2018 to the California address. Till now I didn’t get not even one packet from the UPS. Finally I realized I preferred the worst courier service. I don’t know how can I get the solution for this problem because the couriers contains food items (the expired date is January 12th 2018). Please give me some suggestions. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I have 2 boxes that are to be returned and paid for by the company requesting return. According to their own flyers, call set up pick up and UPS will pick up. I went to the Official UPS website and it's clearly states free pick up. No charges will apply. When I called to schedule, I was told there is a $15 fee. I stated that their own website states no fees for pick up. I was told to bring it to a drop off location, which I already tried but the boxes do not fit. I was told to go to a UPS store which I stated there was not one in this small town. Knowing I was disabled, 1 telephone operator and 2 supervisors told me to go look and stop the driver and give him the packages. Shocked, I asked how do I do that? Do I stand out in my rural road waiting for the truck to go by and wave my cane or shall I stand out in front of the truck when it's going 55mpr down my road. The representative and supervisors were rude and did not help the situation.

They told me it's not false advertising. It's generic advertising. I repeated the words not only on their own websites but other websites under Google and it clearly states No fees for pick up, no charges will apply!! All they did was blame the other company for having the wrong tracking numbers. I kept explaining that my complaint has nothing to do with any other company but UPS for advertising free pick up, no charges will apply. That by their own words, no fees or charges will apply for pick up. All they did was deny and were extremely rude. Not professional at all. And when I asked for their names again, omg... extremely rude about it and only have a first name. Never did they apologize for their behavior, their false advertising or for telling me to go look for the UPS driver. All they wanted was my money.

I told them that their website states no charges apply for pick up so by charging me, it's illegal. It’s like bait to state free pick up and then charge the customers. UPS did absolutely nothing to remedy the situation but were very rude and I am offended and was discriminated against as a disabled person, I'm told to go look for the driver and give him the boxes. Especially since I did try to have to the boxes dropped off but they were too big for the drop off location box. All my resources were exhausted. UPS did nothing to help but were rude and discriminatory to me. SMH...

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I contacted United Parcel Service about their apparent inability to deliver a package from Amazon to my physical address. They had just delivered a package from Amazon on Tuesday to my physical address no problem. Now on Thursday of the same week they find my physical address as undeliverable. I ask to speak to the customer complaints department, the package was deliverable as determined by U.P.S., was told by the U.P.S. employee that there is no complaint department and how could she help me. After we determined that there was no reason the package could not have been delivered, except through driver error, (all their fault) the best they can do is have the distribution center call me at 10:00 am and schedule another delivery attempt.

Of course that is after all the trucks are out delivering packages so I probably won't get my package now until Jan 22 or maybe Monday (unclear). When it states very clearly on their web site "they will attempt delivery the next business day" which would be today Friday. So they lie. I've lived here for 20 years. We have had no rain or snow, for over 90 days, to hamper delivery. Well if you are going to complain about U.P.S services you will need to do that here as United Parcel Services has no ear for it. THEIR SOLUTION WAS TO HANG UP ON ME. We both were very nice to each other. Their solution was to hang up. Mine is to say beware of unscrupulous U.P.S. drivers. And use Federal Express. They have never had a problem delivering to my physical address.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

A 28 # rebounder small trampoline was left in the rain at the front door. I left the garage open hoping the driver would set it in there. When I found it 20 minutes later, the box was soaked and I badly wrenched my right knee trying to get it into the house and into the basement so the box could dry off. They do not know the age of the people they are delivering to. I am a senior citizen and expected my husband to move this for me when he returned home from work. I felt I had no choice with how wet the box was to try and save the interior contents myself. I could not leave it on the carpet or the hardwood floor. I wish UPS would instruct their drivers to consider such realities.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I paid close to $90 for next day air. My package was to be delivered at 10:30 am 1/11. I waited until after 4 pm and called. First guy put me on hold while he ‘checked’ then put me back into automated loop and I had to start Over. Next person tells me my package is sitting in an air crate and isn’t even scheduled for delivery... online tracking still shows “on time”. (It's after midnight on 1/12) hardly ‘on time’. I was told I’d get confirmation call in an hour to confirm delivery for the following day. No call. Six hours later I call again and was told there is no update. I can’t get my money refunded and maybe my package will arrive, maybe it won’t, but it SHOULD arrive tomorrow at 10:30 am. 24 hrs later than the “next day” delivery I PAID for.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

UPS has been screwing up and failing to deliver my packages for 4 months straight. I received one out of 8 shipments. Just when I thought the problem was resolved, today I've been sitting here waiting and wasted an entire day. UPS doesn't appreciate my business and I'm taking it elsewhere. They lie and say they can't find my address, when I live on Main Street and my building is a Historic landmark. Secondly, when I go pick it up, they have me sign, but it claims then that it was delivered instead of "they screwed up again." I'm tired of the runaround and having to drive an hour, hurry up and wait and pay for a service that I've yet to receive.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

We live where it is cold out. Our daughter lives in Florida and moving back home. Shipped her LLBean boots and LLBean coat... The package never arrived. It said on paperwork that box was discarded. We went to the shipment places that it was supposed to be there. People were rude and could not help, blamed on the little guy that we dropped off at UPS store, not his fault, He said during seasonal hiring the workers steal things that time of year, Be very careful shipping things. Take the extra insurance out because they will not pay for it. My daughter posted it on Facebook and UPS took her post down. Very frustrating.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

This is the second time I've had issues with UPS. First I ordered my son a coat from Burlington Coat Factory, it had been opened and taped together. I called and notified the company of the issue. The representative took a complaint and said they were going to have someone call me... well that never took place. Next I had an order coming from Bath and Body Works. It was on the truck for delivery today at 9:00 a.m. It was never delivered only to find out they have rescheduled the delivery for the next day without reason. UPS is one of the worst companies in the United States!

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Information

www.ups.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use