United Parcel Service - UPS

Compare Shipping Companies

Research top Shipping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I'm sorry. I usually don't like to do this. Unfortunately I have to. I have many, many problems with UPS. Package lost, damage, return because there is no apt number. I live and own my house obviously you cannot find a apt # if they never exist. Customers services are so rude, unprofessional. Who and where those people get training for the job unbelievable sad uncalled-for company and people with no background, no credentials, no caring heart. I will choose another company if I have to. UPS is the nightmare company I run to Vero St West Baltimore. My address was wrong. My package back in the trailer going back to the shipper when I ask to hold it at Quart Ave. No way I'm not even taking package that got sit in my front porch lost.

This is a terrible company to do business with. I have a business in Parkville MD. My package went to heaven and hell. This is uncalled for. I will not allow nobody, no situation to take my peace of mind this 2017 is not worthy hope. Someone look into this epidemic of UPS. God bless the peoples who suffer UPS nonsense and dramatic adventure. Happy New Year's 2017 we all going to speak and let our voice hear. My God what kind of human beings are they? Alright we there to make things right. We all works own business. Nobody should abuse us. No way. Bye everyone.

I cannot say enough about UPS and the driver that delivers to the Temecula, CA area! The packages are ALWAYS here on time and on my doorstep, with a knock at the door I know my package is here safely and efficiently. I have used UPS for a long time and always request UPS when buying On-Line and if there is an option for them. Yes sometimes UPS Delivery costs a little more than other delivery services but the best costs a little more and the package is on your doorstep when they said it would be. Other services have lost packages that I have waited too long for... I'm sticking to Brown-UPS. You can always expect the best delivery available from this company PASS IT ON! Thank you UPS.

UPS NEVER delivers my items on time. I have Amazon Prime... When UPS delivers, I usually end up very disappointed. Last time my box arrived open with pieces missing! Another time, they delivered a package to the wrong address in a whole different state! I would use USPS or FedEx over UPS any day. They are on time and I have not had a complaint with either of them yet. SHAPE UP UPS!

A package that I shipped with overnight delivery was lost. My bad that I didn't verify the next day to see if it was delivered (that was overconfidence on my part). I followed up with UPS after a couple of days, then called them again. The packet has still not been found after more than a month. They do not have the courtesy to keep me updated. I filed a claim. The package was not too valuable as far as cost is concerned but just had an important document that had to be delivered ASAP.

Let me start off by saying this company is a ** show. On Friday, January 6th, 2017 I had a package delivered to my apartment. I cleared my WHOLE DAY to wait for this package. It never came. I never got a call or notice saying it was attempted to be delivered, so I decided to wait until the following Monday to try again. I cleared my WHOLE schedule, once again to get this important package. I hand wrote 2 notes to put on the front and back doors of my apartment building for the driver to let them know I was home. The note included the name on the package, that I WAS HOME WAITING, and my phone number. I waited from 8 am to 3 pm for this package unable to go anywhere because I had no idea what time these imbeciles would come again.

Around 3:30 I received an email stating my package was attempted to be delivered around noon. Now I worked for Amazon delivery therefore I know the driver is supposed to knock on the door, as well as call the customer if they do not have entrance to the building, which I got neither. No one decided to contact me at all. Nonetheless I made sure both entrances to the building were unlocked and my notes were still there. I then called customer service to explain my situation and how important this package was needed for the following day. My name and phone number was taken and I was assured I would get a call from the Shrewsbury facility where my package had been shipped out from.

Well, 2 hours later I finally received a call stating that they would get ahold of the driver and have my package redelivered. I then got a call from Shrewsbury stating they could not redeliver my package. I called customer service again, at this point blood boiling and frustration through the roof. I spoke to 3 customer service representatives before being transferred to a "manager" who could not seem to help me either. Now, they want to tell me my only option is to drive 35 minutes from my house to pick up my package that I have already paid shipping and handling on because their baboon of an employee was too lazy to pick up the phone, follow protocol, dial 10 digits and tell me my package was trying to be delivered.

Now being a former delivery driver for Amazon I have personally seen Supervisors drive their own personal vehicles to customers to make sure their packages were delivered on time, ESPECIALLY if it was for an important event. Now, as an unsatisfied customer none of these idiots did their job to fix my problem which was caused because one lazy employee couldn't spare the 5 extra seconds it takes to do their job correctly.

Well this is the reason the post office is federally funded and employees need to take a test to work there, to avoid hiring incompetent people like these who I have painstakingly spent HOURS arguing with trying to get my package that I have paid for and have already cleared 2 days out of my schedule to wait for. I am utterly displeased with the service I have been given by UPS and I as an individual and taxpayer will not be using their services again. This is absolutely ridiculous, and none of the "managers" especially Jason, in Customer Service, in the company care about customer satisfaction. This company is such a disgrace.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

UPS is slowest service. They take about a week for deliver the item and their delivery guys irresponsible compare to USPS is cheapest and their priority mail delivers in 2 day. UPS IS BAD N = BAD, BAD.

I ordered a package from a vitamin and supplements company. Having had stomach surgery I need supplements to maintain my health and not being a millionaire I try to get the most for my money by ordering timely bulk packages. Usually with about a week’s supply left I order new supplies. So I order my package expecting a bit of delay over the Christmas Holiday. But UPS says 2-5 business days I will have my order. 15 business days later I still do not have my order. UPS dropped it off at a local access point that shuttered its doors that day apparently and instead of actually taking responsibility and just replacing my order and next day shipping it to me this is their response. "We are going to open a case file. It will take eight business days". WTF! So eight more business days I have to wait so they can tell me that they can't get the package?

At this point I am now 12 days without vitamins, supplements and protein powder. All of which I need to maintain my health. I can feel myself getting sick. I have lost weight and have constant headaches and pain now. And I have to wait another ten days until they admit fault? Sorry but I can't afford to spend another $500 on stuff because I am a disabled vet who lives on a fixed income and I just don't have cash to throw around. Point being I guess if you really need something and actually care when your package gets to you DO NOT USE UPS!

Today, January 6, 2017 I left a package at my apartment door as directed by the seller to be picked up for return by UPS. I also left a note requesting a return receipt from the UPS driver. I saw the UPS driver park his truck in front of my building for a couple of minutes then drive off. Since this had happened before with this same UPS driver involving a pickup of an item I immediately called the apartment office which was his destination and requested that they inform him I needed a package to be picked up for return. The UPS driver never returned to pickup the parcel. When I called the apartment office to verify that they had relayed my message to the driver they told me they had, and that he told them that he had been to my address and did not see a package.

I contacted UPS Customer Service and reported the incident. The UPS driver's supervisor got in touch with me and apologized for the failure to pick up the return and explained that the driver was not given the necessary labels to process the return and thought that he was missing a delivery parcel to my address. To this point, I had no complaint with the UPS incident reporting process. But to my surprise, I received an e-mail "Sorry We Missed You. We tried to deliver your package..." with a rescheduled date. Utter nonsense! I reported the pickup failure incident to the seller and submitted a rebuttal email to UPS. As a consumer, I have learned to follow-up delivery complaints with a report to the seller. Otherwise incidents of carrier failure can get hidden in misleading worded notices that go on the delivery record.

Updated on 01/10/2017: After rescheduling one failed pickup by UPS the unimaginable has happened, the driver failed to pick up the package AGAIN. This started with my complaint to UPS on Friday, January 6, 2017 that their driver drove up to my apartment building, stopped briefly, and drove away. When I called my apartment complex office to track him and ask that he return to pick up my package, he told them he had been to my door and he did not see a package. He never came back.

Long story short, a UPS supervisor ended up contacting me and apologizing that the driver realized he did not have the necessary labels to process my package for return. So the supervisor rescheduled the pickup for Monday, January 9, 2017. Today is early Tuesday January 10, 2017 and I am still waiting for that same pickup that did not happen yesterday, January 9th. According to my apartment complex office they got no UPS delivery service on Monday either.

What has happened is a revelation about this carrier service. They fraudulently entered erroneous notes into the tracking record for the driver's failure to pick up my parcel as "we tried to deliver your package but missed you" on both occasions. This raises questions of fraud since each pickup attempt for this type of return is billable to the 3rd party payer. I inadvertently learned that my calls to UPS were being taken by a call center in The Philippines when I asked where they were located. Frustrating when you are dealing with a local delivery hub and driver. Bottom line for me is to keep the retailer apprised of the irregularities with UPS since they are the 3rd party payer for the service and this cost is ultimately absorbed by the consumer. I no longer see UPS as the brand they portray themselves to be. Extremely disappointed.

I shipped a package in a box that wasn't the usual cardboard but it was strong enough to throw into my car so I thought it would be alright. WRONG. I shipped it the 19th before Christmas and the person at UPS said it would get there before Christmas so I didn't think twice about it after that feeling that it would get to my friend for Christmas. I got a call a week AFTER Christmas was over saying that not only had my package NOT even gotten there but they had just THROWN MY PACKAGE AWAY!!! Why wouldn't they just send it even if it was broken??? And why the call so late if it didn't even get to the destination??? I will never use UPS again. Horrible customer service agent just kept telling me since I didn't get insurance on it there's nothing I can do. Even if it was their mistake. TERRIBLE UPS!!!!

On December 10, 2016 I shipped a 49" LG 4K Smart LED TV from the UPS store in Orlando, Florida to my home in Auburn Hills Michigan. It arrived at my home on December 16, 2016. When I open the package a I discovered the TV had been hit so hard on the edge of the package that it broke through the styrofoam packaging and crushed the edge of the TV. I put a value of $750.00 on the TV when I shipped it. The TV was in the original packaging and I added additional styrofoam to the front, back and sides. I asked the store clerk if additional packaging was needed. They said no, that they ship TVs in original packages all the time.

When I filed a claim with the UPS Damage Group they asked for pictures of the damage, the packaging and the box. They sent me an email confirming they had received the pictures and notified the shipper of the results of their inspection. They will not discuss with me their finding. The store claims they never heard from UPS. When they looked into it they said the claim was denied because I did not allow them to inspect the package or send them pictures, which is a total lie. They will not allow me to contact the claims adjuster or speak with anyone in authority to resolve the matter. I have since sent pictures to the store and will take the package to a UPS facility for them to inspect the package further. I have spent thousands of dollars in shipping and receiving packages from UPS over the years. I can't believe I am being treated like this. After reading other reviews, it seems that is how UPS works.

On Wednesday, 12/07/2016 at 2:30 PM, UPS driver got off his truck with 2 small packages for delivery to me. I was standing in my driveway as he got off the truck almost yelling "we got a problem" waiving some papers in the air. I ask "what is it?" He talks loudly again. "You got a problem. You told them I delivered 2 packages I handed you 3 packages." I explained to him I only received 2 packages from 1 company & 1 from another company and was supposed to get 3 from helmets and only got 2. I told him it said on the online notice 4 packages to be delivered and I only got 3. He said "then you got your packages and are trying to place false claims." He accused me of trying to scam UPS and from now on I'll have to go to Leominster (15 miles away) to pick up my packages from now on.

During this conversation, he was trying to show me the paperwork of deliveries but couldn't find it. He was very agitated and he was raising his voice. He had placed my packages he brought this time on the ground just before we started talking just after he got off the truck when it was apparent he was not going to hear anything I had to say and I was not going to stand there listening to him insulting me and threatening me about no delivers. One of my packages needed to be signed for. I asked him for the machine so I could sign he tells me NO I have to go to Leominster to pick them up. I said "like hell you're here now just give me my packages." He said "NO." So I bent down to pick them up. He knocked me down and took one of the packages back.

I followed him around his truck yelling "give me my package" and he kept saying NO. I would have to go to Leominster to get it. A car had stopped to watch this. My wife was in the driveway with one of her friends watching this all unfold. He saw them then shoved the Machine at me and said "fine sign for it." As he left he was yelling something I didn't quite hear. But at this point I can only imagine it was a threat. I went in my house and reported it to Customer service. I was supposed to get 2 packages yesterday 12/20/2016. The manager of the Leominster facility said there will be no more deliveries to my home ever! Why do I have to be punished for the actions of this guy. Having to drive 15 miles away 3-4 times a week. My services should be restored. I do have reasons for legal action with witnesses but am trying to resolve this peacefully. Also I have a heart condition.

I have lived at the same address for 30+ years and out of all of that time UPS has had one driver that could find the place. I have to do 5 mile radius check on the neighbors to see if they have my packages. Don't they have GPS? Google? Or are the drivers just too lazy to deliver? I have a package out now and no idea of where it is. I suppose the one driver that was able to find me has gotten his GED and moved on to a better job. Tried to call the people yesterday and the phone rang twenty times with no answer, so I guess they don't have a message machine either. I buy stuff online a lot and I absolutely hate it when the seller ships UPS because I know it is going to be a pain.

I had a package that needed to be delivered early in the morning to my daughter who is an attorney. The legal papers did not arrive on time. I called the next day to get a refund and after hours on the phone and getting passed to one foreign person after another I got them to agree that I was entitled to the refund. They said they could not issue and send to me because I did not have an account and would send it to the place that I sent it from. I sent the package from a hub and not a stand alone store which I told them but they did not understand. They told me this would take 15 days as this was the business cycle that they operated under. I went yesterday to pick up a check and the manager of the Hub said this is not how UPS operates.

Called customer service and talked to several foreign agents. They had no record of my prior conversations and I was too late to get the refund. I am now waiting for a call back which I do not think I will ever get and have called several times only to talk to an answering machine. I am looking for other avenues to get resolutions for this problem. If you have any ideas I would like to hear them. I think I will send things another way from now on.

Two months ago I purchased an historic item valued at $15,000. The shipper took it to a UPS Store and had it packaged there and insured for the full value from them. The item was picked up but never scanned. Though I was given a tracking number, it never worked, and for two days I kept calling UPS to see where the package was. They claimed it was not shipped!! From one of their own stores, packaged and shipped insured, and they say it never was shipped. I called and called and pestered and then, by some miracle, the tracking started working on the third day, and on the fourth, the package showed up.

Fast forward to today. I am waiting on a bank document that was sent Priority Overnight on Friday. No delivery Monday due to holiday, and though guaranteed by Tuesday at 3pm, it never shows up. I look at the tracking this morning, and how it has been conveniently moved to Wednesday delivery-no explanation, and the person on the phone is as unhelpful as can be. How the ** does this company stay in business? Only because it competes with the USPS, which is worse, and Fedex which is way too expensive. Like another reviewer, I have boycotted USPS and now will do the same with UPS.

For several years, I've noticed the overall decline in UPS service including, higher cost, horrible package handling, and SLOW delivery times. I have gone out of the way to order items from vendors that either offer alternative carriers or simply do not use UPS at all. FedEx ground residential delivery has become my top choice for years now. I have used them at five different residences in two states and the service has been consistently outstanding in every one of the aforementioned aspects. Ironically, FedEx is typically less expensive - my guess is that it's because their system is probably much more efficient. The fact that FedEx consistently delivers quicker, without issues, and at lower costs is proof.

First time package never arrived. Second time found package in a bush on the main road. Third time left package in middle of road in the rain. Fourth time it was raining so wouldn't deliver package and blamed it on dog that is on a leash and runner but cannot reach road or driveway. OVER IT!!!!

For the 5th time out of 8, my packages are not being delivered to my address. This last time I paid $30 for delivery by the 29th of December. Upon tracking it says my package was delivered on the 29th to my front door. It was not. I called UPS to find that I would not be notified until January 3rd to begin an investigation and that they are sorry. I need to call the shipper to ask for a refund who I cannot get in touch with until the 3rd either. UPS is a joke and has horrible customer service. The supervisor was no help at all. USPS or FedEx from now on!

I first went to a UPS store to get details about why the package was undeliverable and returned to me. That particular store couldn't help me because that wasn't the store I originally used to send the package. This is a bad setup for UPS stores, not convenient to the customer. I was therefore given a UPS customer service number to call. The first time I called, the woman who answered tried to get me to go to the original UPS store that I sent the packages with. She eventually did her job and filed the claim that she was supposed to. Avoiding personal job responsibilities is TERRIBLE customer service. When she was done, she said that I would receive a call within 1 hour.

The call didn't come within an hour. It came 3 hours later. Don't make a statement that you can't backup. I, in turn, called a 2nd time to follow-up. This woman was nicer and more direct about helping. She made the necessary documentations, but simply stated that the investigation was proceeding, so there was nothing to be done at the moment. When the customer service representative called back, they asked a few questions about the details and proceeded to talk. When she stopped, I asked a question, but she continued to talk (Again, not customer oriented. If you hear the customer talk, then stop and listen). I don't like to yell at all. She then tried to make it sound like I was rude for yelling. If I didn't yell, then she would have continued to talk without answering my question.

She basically stated that UPS followed procedure to deliver the package, but they didn't even bother to leave a message when they called the recipient. This means they didn't even care about telling the recipient, so they left the package at the front desk without the recipient's knowledge. Their procedure allows UPS to not worry about the package and return the package to the sender after 5 days of sitting at the front desk. FYI, the recipient did not move and all the information matched properly. UPS gets the money without doing their best to provide a service. Serving customers can not be said as their primary priority.

I paid UPS to have a package delivered 2nd Day Air so the party would receive it the Friday before Christmas to open on Christmas and guess what, it was lost. The package arrived Friday morning in the Nashville, TN hub and was scanned in at 3:33 AM and was out for delivery that day. However, the day came and went and so did the weekend that they were not open to call Customer Service. So I called on the following Tuesday morning and they had no idea where the package was. I was so mad. Not only that I paid $46 to have it delivered on time and they send me an email stating they would credit me back $12.00. WHAT THE HELL? The Customer Service team finally credited me back the full amount of the shipping cost but the package is still lost. It was a homemade Christmas gift and now it is nowhere to be found. I will never ever use UPS again.

0 stars. I sent 6oz of gourmet coffee and a card with a money order in it to my daughter on the 14th of December. A very small package. They tried to charge me $27.80 and it apparently didn't include tracking. When I said I would go to the post office instead (figure it's a $5 parcel at most), they decided that it was NOW only $8 instead of the $27.80, but said it wouldn't get there by Christmas (and it didn't). I could have walked that parcel to Illinois from Las Vegas faster than they accomplished it. How do they stay in business? I wonder.

On 12/24/16, the UPS Store at 10319 Westlake Drive, Bethesda MD guaranteed that my package would be delivered to its destination on 12/27/16. This is printed on the receipt they gave me. I told them that the package definitely must be received before 12/28 before the recipient leaves the country the morning of 12/28. The lady attendant confirmed that it would be received at the latest night of 12/27. However, this UPS store did not even ship my package before 12/27. The package Sat at their store from 12/24 - 12/27. I will NEVER set foot in a UPS Store again.

I ordered a gift for my daughter for Christmas. It was to be delivered on the 23rd. When it didn't arrive I called and got the runaround. "It's on the truck. Wait...it's not on the truck and you can come get it"...and so forth and so on. Today I've called again and have finally been told the truth...they lost the package. It was diamond earrings for my daughter. So I've contacted the company and they will file a claim with UPS. Meanwhile, still no earrings. This is beyond ridiculous.

UPS failed to notify me of a package they were delivering in an appropriate amount of time. They claim to have tried Dec. 20 and Dec. 21 and no one was home. I have been home in the afternoon both days. They did not leave a note on the door. Instead they sent a notice by mail that took six days to get to me. That leaves me two days to respond. I did receive a phone call around noon Christmas eve about the package and I asked them to deliver it on Tues. They said they would but instead will deliver it on Wed. Poor communication all around.

My ex-husband purchased 2 days air delivery $125 on December 21st for the presents to arrive on Saturday but that never happened. They got the presents today Tuesday December 26th. I spent the entire Saturday looking through my window waiting for a truck that never arrived. I finally called Saturday evening since in the tracking it said that arrived to Dallas on Friday night 11:00 pm to find out I was talking to someone in Guatemala. UPS' all American Company customer service is outside the US, who told me that there was no Saturday sticker on the box and therefore it will be delivery on Tuesday. Heartbroken I wrote a complaint to UPS who finally responded today Tuesday.

The person I talked to in Dallas tried at least to help and understood but sent me to customer support, where Breanne from Arizona at 10:37 am Central time told me she was sorry but it was the store's fault and they have nothing to do with it, that I needed to contact the store and ask for a refund to them because they just contracted with the store but UPS actually doesn't own the store that individual businesses and they are not responsible for their mistakes. Well when my kid's father went to the store was relying on UPS' ALL global ALL American company reputation to trust the presents for his children not some Joe dude owner of the store. Therefore UPS is indeed responsible for the sadness in my children faces feeling their dad didn't give them any presents when in fact he did.

Needless to say that I will NEVER EVER Again send anything anywhere with UPS. They are unreliable, and they won't take responsibility for anything happening in any other stores carrying on UPS on them. I asked for a headquarter's number, nobody I talked to in UPS seems to know that info. They don't provide last names or anything. They don't feel sorry for what happened and they refuse to refund the $125 service fee. They fail to provide. Shame on them for so many reasons, employing outside workers, taking jobs away from our country, unreliable, irresponsible and they plain and simple show no empathy. No consideration. No care for their customers, all they say "here is the number of the store. You call them. You deal with this." Their lack of support hurt almost as much as my children disappointment on Christmas eve.

I was expecting a package to be delivered about 12/23 but I had to leave town on 12/21. When I checked to see what happened to the package, I was notified it was returned to shipper at the request of the sender. I never made this request. The UPS driver is stating there was a note requesting the package be returned to shipper. The UPS driver does not have a copy or the original note. I asked a friend to check the door and they did not find the note.

I come home to find the $2000 Pearl drum set I ordered sitting closer to the road than my house in the middle of my driveway. It said "Pearl Drums" in huge font on the huge boxes, so to guess that they would be expensive is obvious, even to the passers-by who would want to steal them so conveniently sitting near the road! Not to mention the bass drums were damaged because apparently they were so ruff with them that it put a huge hole in the box!

Ordered, paid and billed for an item that was supposed to be shipped in 3 to 4 days from California. Package spent 3 days in California before departure to the east coast which took 2 days to arrive in Philadelphia, Pa. (3 hours away from destination). Then the next day it traveled to Baltimore (1 hour and a half away). So here it is Dec. 26 and I still don't have what I ordered and paid for. I have emailed UPS twice and only gotten the auto response that someone will look into this immediately and have heard nothing more.

I had an express delivery for X-mas for my child, but the driver guy decided to go home and say that my address is not correct. So my 5 year old son didn't get his gift all because of somebody was too lazy to deliver!!! Thanks ups for screwing X-mas up.

Next air delivery means next day. Called customer service, big joke, package in truck on the way. Waited all day. Called customer service again. Package in warehouse. Waiting for me to pick up. Overnight has turned into 6 days. I will not do business with any company that uses UPS. If you're a business that uses UPS you will be boycotted.

I exited my building and see a missed delivery post as I shut the door behind me, only to find it was for me! I hadn't ordered anything so I wasn't expecting a delivery. Besides, I was in my unit the whole time and my bell was never rung. I phoned an agent and voiced my frustration with her. She typed a bunch of gibberish and assured me she requested a callback to me with options of re-delivery. I was at the gym and running errands with the phone on me the whole time, even periodically checking the display for good signal strength, etc. (I even avoided going underground in a subway.) Why is there another missed delivery note on my door when I get back home?

I immediately come inside and speak to a supervisor, furious and dumbfounded at how a company can pay so little regard to instructions. (I specifically told the agent on the phone that I would be at the gym and not home for another delivery attempt.) Now I have to take my ** to the ghetto customer center and wait with 300 other people in line on Xmas eve! Great! Thanks UPS delivery carrier!

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Profile