United Parcel Service - UPS

Compare Shipping Companies

Research top Shipping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Shipped with UPS most of the existence of our shop. Newest protocol. You ship it with them they only pay you $100 on what they damage or lose. Will no longer guarantee your products unless you pay extra in which online stores cannot collect for to pay you back anything over $100. Person orders online from your store. You ship it according to their rates you are in the hole. Minimum of an extra $2.00 a box. So that rate they quote you is incorrect. The basically take advantage of the shipper.

I sent my package on 5/19/17 and it was to be delivered on 5/25/17. To say the least it was lost somewhere between Phoenix and Tucson. I put in a claim on the morning of 5/26/17. I have contacted UPS and get a different story every day. I am out $155.00 and they have done nothing but Jerk me around. Now I am being told that they tried to contact the UPS store that I shipped from and no one responded. So I just made another trip up there and now she has to send in another claim??? AND IT TAKES 24-48 HRS. Then the next fun thing is then I get to wait for another 10 business days for them to cut a check. Also when I dropped this package off I was never asked about adding extra insurance or what amount UPS covers so now they only cover $100.00 and the package was $154.95. So my good feelings about UPS have plummeted. USPS is looking good.

My package was supposed to be delivered today, June 7, 2017. I took off work to make sure that I would be home. They don't knock anymore, just drop the packages and I live in an apartment complex. I checked tracking online several times and it always said that it was on the truck to be delivered. I called and talked to a live person once and was told the same thing. Eight PM got here so I went to live chat. I was told that they couldn't deliver it because the address was wrong. Such liars! I have lived here since 1989 so I know my address. I'm assuming they thought they might have to climb steps and just didn't want to. The post office does it. Anyhow, I don't live upstairs. They said they were going to return the items that I already paid for.

Get a note on my door that UPS tried to drop off a package at my front door even though they should delivered it to the front office of my apartment complex like most do, however called the 1-800 number on the back to see if I can get my textbooks that I needed for school by today and the lady told me I could by picking it up at the hub and would receive a phone call within an hour to go get it.

Well, two hours pass by and I just decided to go up there because they close at 6:30, the lady there said "we won't get your request till about 9:00pm..." I don't know why customer service people say everyone can pick up at the hub when truly can't because they aren't done with deliveries till about 9:00 at night. Pissed off to the max because I was hoping I could get these textbooks I needed today like I said I did. So it would be truly grateful if we don't have liars as staff for UPS. It would be greatly appreciated to everyone, especially me who is in college paying ** loads as it is.

Horrible customer service by the driver. I get a call to my cell phone from my apartment buzzer and it's the UPS man saying he has a package for me, I buzz him in and I say, "Okay, I'm not at home, I'm at work. My daughter lives across the street, I'll send her over." Literally a 3 min. walk from one apartment building to another apartment building. He gets belligerent, "Oh man! Well where is she? Where does she live? Which one is it? This is ridiculous!!" And then he hangs up. My daughter gets there and there's no UPS truck, I buzz her in she goes to my apartment and there's a note on the door. He was so nasty and rude. I want to file a complaint against this man. It's 2:30pm to whatever driver was on the 4400 Clarkwood Parkway Route. Please put this complaint in his employee file. His customer service is horrible. It's millions of people who need a job. I'm a supervisor myself and had he been my employee, today would have been his last!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Let's see... Last week, UPS manage to lose a 100 pound nightstand (yep, just totally lost it.) The following week, they managed to never deliver my headboard. They informed me THEY forgot my headboard at the warehouse and that's why it's delayed. But wait, here's the best part... I spent 1 and 1/2 hours on the phone with them to get a manager. The manager then told me that she guaranteed the item would be delivered the following day. I told her that's great but I needed more confirmation because I was supposed to be going out of town on business and would postpone my trip as long as I was guaranteed my item would be delivered the following day. Sure enough, I received a call that evening saying to "rest assured," the item would be delivered the following day.

Well, as you might guess, today is that following day and NO headboard. Spent another 2 hours on hold to talk to a manager who sounded scared to death to tell me that the item was again delayed. Called Overstock.com, spent another hour plus on the phone with them. (They suck also) After all that? Just got told what I already knew. So, moral of the story is, no one cares, no UPS, not Overstock.com. Apparently, the only person who cares is me (cue small violin). Other moral of the story? I'm done with these awful companies. I'm going to do things the good ole fashioned way from now on. Drive to the store and pick up whatever I want. My poor forehead can't take the never ending stress of these atrocious delivery companies (no matter how much botox I combat it with).

You can't talk any sense into these people. They're never wrong even when you tell them your deliveries have been delivered by 3pm for the last 15 years and today they keep telling me it's out for delivery. IT'S NOT. So I'm calling all my vendors to switch over to FedEx. It all started when they went PUBLIC and it's cut cars load up the deliveries with way more than can get delivered in a timely matter. All I can say is you all need to SWITCH to a better service.

My package has been in transit with UPS since 18/5/2017, some 20 days or nearly 3 weeks. What a performance!!! Yesterday I went to your Halim base seeking information only to be told the package was at Pasar Minggu Depot but would be delivered that day (yesterday). Surprise, surprise NO PACKAGE delivery!!

I was excited to receive a package that was very important to me. The package required a signature. I went to the UPS website and paid in order to reduce the delivery window to just 2 hours. I adjusted my day schedule around this delivery. They didn't deliver the package. I called UPS and they suggested, if I were lucky, I could get a refund on the money I paid to get the package delivered in a window. How dare they do that? My time, worthless to them. This is a big corporation that is not interested in customer service as long as people still send stuff by UPS. I won't.

I shipped a vintage 1970 Schwinn Orange Krate bicycle using this franchise store ( #6731 Goshen Ave, Visalia, CA). I paid $22 extra for "professional" packaging, which was to include 2" of padding around the inside of the box, as well as the loose pieces to be secured together to prevent movement. My customer received the item, the box had been dropped several times, there was little to no padding placed around the inside of the box as promised by "Sammy" in the store, as well as the parts were not secured together whatsoever.

The cost to "insure" the shipment would have been almost triple what the shipping cost of $179 was. "Sammy" assured us that it would be OK because he does this for a living and was the Go-To guy for packing and shipping the "heavy and weird" items, so insurance wasn't necessary, because he was a pro. "You have nothing to worry about" were his exact words! The fender of the bike was completely destroyed, as well as the paint on the frame has been scraped down to bare metal because the parts were all rubbing together loosely during transport.

I filed a claim, only to find out THREE WEEKS LATER that it was denied because the owner, Oni, had submitted the claim using the felonious version of the events as told by her poorly trained employee, Sammy. I filed another complaint with the UPS Corporate division that oversees these franchises and am waiting for a response. DO NOT SHIP FROM HERE UNLESS YOU PACKAGE IT YOURSELF!! They will try every way they can to make excuses and blame the customer. I paid for a "professional" service, and because it was not done up to par, my item was destroyed, total value of $1200!!! Beware! Ship elsewhere!!

The driver didn't wait 5 seconds for us to answer the front door. Went to open the front door after hearing the doorbell and she was driving away. Ran after the truck to try and get her attention but she was obviously in a hurry as she flew down the street to her next stop. Saw her get out with a package, ring the doorbell and not wait long enough for the homeowner to answer the door. Again, she left with the package, not delivering it. When I called UPS to complain and request to have it redelivered that day, they told me I can pick it up at an Access Point. Really??? I have to go out of my way now to get my package because the driver didn't feel like waiting 5 seconds? I don't think so. Will never use them again.

I ordered a Patio Umbrella on May 31. It was shipped same day 2nd Day Air. It showed up in Columbia SC facility mid-day June 1 and it has still not left the SC facility. Based on tracking info never left. My wife and I are leaving Tue June 6th for a 2-week vacation. We wanted this for an event for that weekend of June 3-4 at home. Never showed up. I had to borrow one from a neighbor and it got damaged and now I have to buy them a new one.

The last yr UPS has really gone downhill with service, with pick-ups, deliveries and just overall service. We constantly get late or no deliveries by item, showing up at destination facility and is lost from there or tracking shows delivery attempt failed. (We have a waiver to always drop off at door no matter what) even when no signature required, bad weather or out for delivery and never shows up and shows up a week later or never. The worst I have requested a pick up for a return and they never show. I have to cancel and put in a second request and twice I lost the opportunity for a return to vendor because it was not picked up on time. So I pay for an item, return it and lose the full refund BECAUSE OF UPS. I don't know what is going on at UPS but I am glad I don't have stock in them. If I was a board member...heads would be rolling. They either need more people or better people. It is never WEATHER.

On May 23, 2017, I ordered a package that was to come to me on June 1, 2017. Now keep in mind, I am a senior citizen, retired and home 24/7... especially when I am expecting a delivery of any kind. Well, on May 26, 2017, I received a notice from UPS stating, "sorry we missed you". And, again on May 27, 2017, I get an identical notice. Here I am... in my apartment, which is on the 14th floor, patiently waiting for my delivery and, the delivery has come and gone twice without my knowledge of it ever having been there. No one rang my apartment doorbell or rang my intercom to alert me of their presence. How did I find out? Well, the delivery person left the messages stuck on my mailbox door!

When I contacted the UPS 1-800 number, to inform them of their delivery mishap, I was told that my package had been returned to the sender. NICE! So, making inquiry as to the delivery process, and finding the delivery person totally at fault, I placed a complaint with UPS and then contacted the sender. Having to reorder the item, again, I'm not getting the exact same product I ordered the first time. Thanks UPS. Your business ethics are really lacking to say the less. This is not the first time UPS has nefariously calculated a delivery. So I guess this is the game... and this is how we play it... from UPS.

I would strongly urge businesses not to use UPS as their courier option. It gives a bad impression of the company if goods arrive late with no proper notification or care. A customer is unlikely to buy from that business again and it was the courier's fault. UPS in my country Ireland do not cater to rural customers. They do not have a daily delivery service. A package I ordered recently went all over Ireland before eventually reaching me. No delivery notification. Other courier companies text or phone directly. I had a very difficult time getting in touch with customer care - which is a total misnomer. When I finally did they informed me that they had handed the parcel off to a local courier in my area and they had no further information of where my parcel was.

I contacted the company I had ordered from and they sent me out a re-order free of charge but guess what? Even though I had warned them not to use UPS they did. The original package did arrive but now I am waiting for the other one which according to tracking information has also been sent all over Ireland. They really do not care about their customers and make it extremely difficult to lodge a complaint. UPS should pay attention to the amount of bad reviews they are getting.

UPS's Service is VERY Unsatisfying! In the Past 3 weeks we have had MANY products go missing, Customers Canceling Orders because they never receive the product, VERY Unhelpful Customer Service. And UPS Does NOT pay us for what the Product is Worth - We've lost Hundreds of Dollars. It's NO WONDER UPS is considered a BILLION Dollar Business.

Already a proven class action lawsuit in Canada, UPS still uses overcharging without consent for brokerage. I have emailed UPS and given them information to not use their brokers, however they still use UPS brokerage service. The last time they said it was because I did not include all my aliases - Although my name was on the package it was preceded by the word Mr. and was no one of the names on account. They went on to confirm that Mr without the . would be another alias and had to be entered into their database as a separate name... And so it goes on. I had $60 of brokerage on one package from the US. My broker would have cleared the same package for $7.

Another time the UPS said they tried to contact my broker. However they were unable to contact them, even though they had their email. As a result they went with UPS brokerage at a much higher price. The other issue I have is pre-paying for a door to door delivery service and then having UPS deliver it to a depot 41 km away for pick up. UPS has never been able to deliver to my door, and has never attempted to do so. I was told last time the subcontractor hired to deliver the package does not deliver in my area, and I would have to drive 42 km to the depot to collect it.

I am extremely disappointed with UPS. I have complained multiple of times and no problem solved. The delivery driver does not ring the doorbell that I waste my day when I am here or I have a relative going after a rude driver for our packages. If he hates delivering to us, change his route or job position so that another delivery driver can enjoy delivering than the one that is not putting effort.

They have slow service and I keep getting damaged boxes that have sat on the truck getting smashed around 12 to 14 hours from when they picked it up. Forget about complaining. They direct your call to China and do absolutely nothing about it. Said two business days took nearly a week because of one day Holiday. Argues with you on phone and does nothing. Don't waste your time calling, they don't care. Worst customer service department I have ever dealt with. Horrible company to do business.

I forgot my wallet while driving Phoenix to Huntington Beach, Calif. and had the brilliant idea of having my son send my wallet guaranteed overnight delivery via UPS. I paid $65 for a wallet however given that it was a Memorial day weekend with lots of fun planned I figured it was worth it. The next day arrived and no wallet. In fact, the wallet never left Phoenix. UPS had no answer as to why the delivery never took place and that their brilliant solution would be a delivery on Tuesday.

Well, I'm now back in Phoenix 4 days later and my wallet is in transit to California. Customer service proceeded to tell me a list of reasons why it wasn't their fault and that these things happen. Apparently, after reading numerous blogs and talking to business associates this sort of things does happen but only with UPS. I spent a weekend without an ID card, credit or debit cards and only by the wonderful competence of John Wayne Airport Security team I was able to board my flight home. Solution: When it absolutely has to be there the next day, USE FEDEX!!! Still waiting for my wallet!

Have had multiple experiences with lost or delayed packages. Website difficult to navigate, and I've had to authorize shipment releases multiple times because it didn't "take" in their system, and have even missed out on packages because I authorized a shipment release, and the package was still never delivered when I wasn't home because their system still showed a signature requirement. Just had another issue with a lost package. After having one last year get sent to New Mexico, when I live in Kentucky, having a similar issue happen again is the last straw. I encourage everyone to receive packages using post office or FedEx when possible.

The worst company ever. They lose your package and they blame you for their fault. What kind of bs is that and never call you like it's not there. Personal stuff getting lost. Been 3 month since I lost all my kids pictures and more. Never ever again using them and better believe I'll let everyone I know how bad this company is!!!! Horrible.

UPS.com website is one of the worse eCommerce site you can find on the internet. Can't believe they could not do better. At the least, they can "copy" from usps, FedEx or Amazon but they choose not to and make customers suffer. 100% of the times my packages don't get delivered on time or at right place. Stupid my choice is another scam. Good for nothing. Staff is so rude and careless as if they can always go and work at some other store near their home and get paid better than UPS. It is high time UPS cares about customers otherwise it will be history.

UPS some of the most INCOMPETENT DRIVERS! They were scheduled to pick up a 90 lb package which they delivered beat up. Waited all damn day and evening. Saw the UPS truck go right by my apt. so I just knew he was headed here. NOPE! The INCOMPETENT DRIVER went to the wrong bldg/apt. I was wondering what was taking him so long to come around the corner. Then guess what??? I get an email saying sorry we missed you. WTF!!! Missed who I've been sitting right here - no knock, no nothing. I kept looking out the window saying he be around the corner any second. NOPE!!! Never came to my apt!!! So I called immediately when I get this email and demand they send his dumb incompetent... back!!!

Well the CSR lied and said she send an email to the facility and someone would contact me in a few minutes. But I called right back and this time was told they would call @ 10 am. Then I called Amazon and spoke with them concerning this issue NO LUCK!!! So now I have to wait until 10 am to get a call!!! WTF!!! A manager should have been calling me immediately to fix this... NOPE. NOTHING!!! So now another MF'n day wasted waiting on their INCOMPETENT DRIVERS!!! It would have been the same if they were delivering this expensive package??? It would have been left at the WRONG DOOR??? DRIVERS pay attention to the street, address, apt# and bldg# and stop rushing and making costly mistakes and a HUGE inconvenience for the customers. UPS get it together and stop ** UP!!!

I received three emails from UPS My Choice alerting me of package arrival today. Each stated that my signature was required for delivery. That's good because it was a valuable painting - obviously a one-of-a-kind. The driver showed up, delivered the box to our doorstep (large and very visible from the street), then rang the bell and ran off - immediately driving away. Thefts of UPS deliveries are RAMPANT in this part of San Francisco. This is inexcusable. Fortunately, I was home.

Every package delivered to my home by UPS was placed at the wrong house. UPS says they will not deliver to a PO Box but I have received packages from them at my PO box. There seems to be conflicting information here. UPS makes shopping online a hassle. My last order was to be delivered to my PO Box (Small, Less than one pound). I checked the Tracking on May 15 and saw it was undeliverable so I changed the address to my home. On May 22 I received a card in the mail (In my PO Box) saying the package was undeliverable to a PO box and would be returned to the shipper. When I checked the tracking I found the package was not returned yet so I again changed the Delivery address. I also contacted UPS customer service by phone. Three hours after this the package was on its way back to the shipper. I will no longer deal with Online companies that only use UPS.

I have been waiting for the delivery today at home, and when I checked the status, apparently a final delivery attempt has been made! Nobody rang my door and there was no note left on this final attempt - so how can you confirm you actually made the attempt? They have also said they attempted delivery yesterday, but there was no note left as well - Absolute Liars! Lazy people pretend they attempted a delivery but never even got to my house! I even left a note on the door... I took off a day from work to get this delivery! I am extremely dissatisfied and this company should be banned from doing such services!

Since creating SurePost service whereby UPS passes packages off to the USPS or their subcontractors, UPS ground service is in the tank. The contractors do not real addresses and will deliver to any location that has a matching house number, never mind if it's a completely different street. This is chronic in my area. Recently I arrived home from 3 days driving to find a barricade of large heavy boxes full of furniture stacked as tall as I am right in front of the only exteriorly accessible door to my home. The name and address are not mine but the street number is dead on--only the street name is some distance from here.

Did UPS send a truck right out to move these things off my property and allow me into my own home? NO. They were hostile, belligerent, and put me on hold for a very long time. Never mind that the driver crossed a no trespassing/local delivery only sign twice, used my driveway for turnaround despite posted "no trucks" at the entrance to the driveway due to damage they cause to pavement, and none of this prompted them to double check the address or respect the sign and walk to the door to verify before delivering. This comprises dumping on my property.

Had I been inside and needed to leave, I could not have left my home without climbing over the boxes; really great in a fire or other emergency. I am now storing these goods in my garage. They are in the way. The company is inaccessible. It's about $1,500+ worth of goods and they could care less while someone is wondering where their stuff is. Time to deep six the guys in brown. They (and FedEx) only care about express service and sub everything else out. And FYI, USPS can't get mail to the right address if their jobs depended on it, which apparently they don't anymore. Whatever happened to neither rain nor snow...

Wow! I can't say enough bad things about this company. I've only been dealing with them for less than 3 months. I've had packages lost, left at the wrong address, left at an access point for my customer to pick-up, rude customer service and the list goes on. We ship packages on a daily basis and they refuse to help fix their issues in any way and we are a "Preferred Customer" so I can only imagine what the regular person has to go through. They may want to hire a better upper management team.

Attempted delivery twice, never left any sticker, now customer service is sending me to Parsippany, NJ 70 miles away from my home to pick the package. Was informed I can changed pickup location for additional cost but the earliest it will be in 5 days, and I need my passport in 3 days to go on vacation. Bunch of clowns in customer service are giving me different information, why did I decide to use UPS, lesson learn, BIG MISTAKE!!!

Shipment was never received & UPS refuses to resolve the issue. They keep closing my case even though it's not resolved. I paid for overnight delivery & the driver claims it was left at my daughter's door which is impossible because she lives in an apartment complex on the 5th floor and she could not have had access to her door. I shipped it from a drop off location and the manager there said he could not believe how horrible UPS has been about this. They have continued to lie to me about how they were trying to resolve this issue. The package was not signed for even though I shipped it overnight. I can't resolve it by telephone or email and this has been going on for 2 months.

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Profile