United Parcel Service - UPS

United Parcel Service - UPS

2.8/5 (781 ratings)

About United Parcel Service - UPS

United Parcel Service - UPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

No matter where a package is going to or coming from it is never delivered when it should be. It doesn't matter if you drop it off early in the morning or late in the afternoon. The package is always 1 - 2 days later than promised and they take no responsibility. They are becoming like USPS. You pay more and don't get what you pay for.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

I ordered a lot of nail products from Ukraine, to have something to work with. So this parcel was going to Canada by Meest corporation. But they can bring it only to Toronto and from there they just send this package by UPS. My package was sended on January 11. Estimated delivery date was January 17 (It looks like they go by bicycle). But ok, doesn't matter, of course my package wasn't delivered. By the way, I called them on January 16 just to check where it should be delivered, 'cause on their website wasn't any information, only "Calgary AB". They check an address and told me "no worries, it gonna be delivered in time". So I called them on January 17th at 6p.m. (they work to 7) and asked about my package, because I was fully booked for next day. They told me "your package is out for delivery today, so you should receive today or tomorrow".

In next day there wasn't estimated delivery time on their website. So I called them again and get exactly the same answer "it's out for delivery today". So in third day I was already very angry and I started understand that they just lie to me to take some time. I called them a few times this day and finally some girl told me that I can make a claim and then they will find and bring my package urgently. I didn't want to do this, but I made this claim. Next day in the afternoon I called them again. And they told me "oh, it's not true, it was a mistake, your investigation will take 8 business days" tadadada... I asked to cancel this claim and just bring my package, but she told me that the best way for me is just wait. So then I directly asked if they lost this package, and only then they said "yes".

Ok... After 5 days I got the e-mail that my investigation was closed. I finally feld myself a little better. I called to this familiar number and asked "does it mean that you found my package?" They said "yes, but we need around 3 days to make some paperwork and we need to contact a shipper for additional information." Next day I contacted Meest corporation by myself and asked if they already provided this information. Meest told me that they will contact UPS right now and then call me back.

I got this call after 15-20 min and they told me that they gave all the information that they had, but if I know what exactly is in my package I can contact UPS and maybe it gonna help. I called UPS again to provide an information, but they just told me that somebody will contact me today to add this information to my claim. Of course nobody called me and estimated delivery day wasn't provided. So today I called them again. Aaand.... They told me "It was some mistake, this investigation wasn't closed, it still opened. So you have to wait 2 days more". Honestly, this is a most horrible delivery service I ever had. Please, save your mental health, time and money - DON'T USE UPS. By the way, the last information about my package - "arrived at facility in Calgary Jan16". This package came through half planet, through 3 borders and customs and was lost by UPS in the destination.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

I ordered a pc. of equipment and paid an extra $50 for 2nd day air to get it here fast. They claim it did not get to them in time. They picked it up at the place at 2 in the afternoon, so if it did not get to them it is their fault. Now My pkg got stuck in the regular mule train slow delivery system. It will now be here 5 days after the paid for delivery date. They refuse to refund my money. They got my money so they don't care if I get my item, late or ever. This is the fourth time in a row that I have gotten the "your pkg has been delayed" notice. I will never personally use ups for shipping and in the future will request shippers use anything else but UPS. I am extremely tired of the big brown aggravation machine.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

They take zero responsibility. Packages often get delivered to the wrong door at apartments so in attempt to PREVENT THIS - when notified UPS was approaching, I went outside to make sure they came to the correct door ($200 Nike's). I never saw the UPS truck yet received a “delivered” update AS I STOOD OUTSIDE WAITING! I immediately contacted UPS and long story short - I had to take it up with NIKE.

Again this week: tracking info says “out for delivery by 7pm”, never arrives, tracking info updates to “processing at facility” - every day it’s “Out for delivery” then doesn’t arrive. YET UPS will never label your package as LOST and will never contact you offering an explanation or solution. It’s up to ME to contact UPS and they have ZERO customer service. They always direct you to “take it up with the seller”. $90 personalized engraved item and now I have to reorder and wait AGAIN and seller ships UPS AGAIN. UPS doesn’t even refund the shipping fee when they don’t provide the shipping service! ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

When it comes to delivering packages, UPS is the totally incompetent regardless if you leave delivery instructions to call you when they are outside an apartment and can not access the building. Every other delivery service is able to deliver packages except UPS. Use any other carrier before you use UPS.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

I sent a package with plenty of time to reach my children before Christmas comes days later I get a notification the package was delivered by UPS. Christmas arrives I find out the package was never delivered it was just, marked delivered by the driver Kids never got their gifts so I go to the location and open a case I am waiting patiently I call into the store to check the status on the 13 of January to find out UPS closed the case without telling the store or myself why. I reopen the case the same day.

Only to call the store on the 25th of January to find out UPS stated they spoke to my son and he stated he received the package but when UPS called him. He was with his mother and her sister and they both heard him tell the associate no the package never arrived. I have called the store. I call UPS and get through to no one. The investigation is a fraud. I don't believe they call anyone. I'm starting to think they make up answers at this time. I am looking into legal actions mail is federal and we are supposed to trust these people with our mail.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

UPS knows that when rain or snow is in the forecast, they bag your package. Amazon has yet to figure how train their drivers on common courtesies like this hence the many packages I have come home to that are wet. Unfortunately, unless the items inside are damaged by the rain and needs returned, there is no real way to bring this to their attention. UPS drivers smile and speak nicely. Amazon drivers seem to lack confidence in interacting with the customer or maybe are not trained to care about how their company is perceived.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I made a small order from Amazon. UPS gave me a delivery date. When that date arrived they said they DELIVERED my package, however, they didn't. Several emails and calls accomplished nothing. I didn't have my order and yet they insisted that I did. I called Amazon and canceled my order. What happened? All their customer service is automated. And the automation is poor.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I paid $30 for overnight shipping for my package to be delivered today, 1/20/2023. UPS FAILED TO DELIVER IT even though it was sitting at the local delivery facility at 8:57 a.m. It's scheduled for delivery on Monday, 1/23 - THREE DAYS LATE!!! I REPEATEDLY tried calling UPS customer service and even their corporate headquarters in GA, and all I got was a recording saying my package was delayed, then it would disconnect me. THERE'S NO WAY THAT I COULD FIND OF SPEAKING TO AN ACTUAL PERSON AT UPS! There also isn't any way of emailing them either! What kind of company makes it impossible to contact their customer service department to speak with a person? I've NEVER not been able to at least speak with a company's customer service department before now. Saying UPS is disrespectful, uncaring, and unprofessional toward its customers doesn't even being to cover their incompetence and ineptness.

UPDATE: Just went to UPS website to take a photo of the tracking info and found UPS has now removed ALL of the tracking info previously showing the package arrived at my local delivery hub this morning and only states that the package is on its way. UPS is a downright despicable and any company that uses them for delivery will NEVER get my business anymore!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

6th time in 3 weeks that I have used the Fort Payne, AL location. They were great both times. They are professional, knowledgeable and expedient. Also friendly! I highly recommend them to anyone needing to ship packages.

UPS author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

UPS was founded in a Seattle basement by two teenagers in 1907 as a home delivery packaging service. Today, UPS is an international company that utilizes technology to make it easy for consumers and businesses to send and receive packages when and where they need them.

• UPS store: Developed in 1980 as an alternative to the United States post office, the UPS store has more than 4,700 locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Along with shipping services, the stores offer services such as printing, copying and business services, making them a convenient one-stop-shop for businesses and consumers alike.

• My UPS: Create a free My UPS account to keep track of deliveries, set preferences and receive notifications when a package is on its way. This feature is available for consumers and businesses.

• Small business solutions: UPS offers several solutions for small businesses, including help with tracking and billing, returns solutions for retailers including e-commerce businesses and timesaving technologies.

• UPS Internet shipping: Streamline the process of shipping for your business with UPS Internet shipping. This feature helps you automate paperwork, create a bill of lading for freight shipments using saved addresses and commodity information and take care of printing labels and paying for shipping online.

• UPS World Ease: Ideal for businesses that frequently send shipments overseas, UPS World Ease simplifies the process of international shipping by allowing you to ship packages to multiple recipients within one country or within the European Union as one shipment that will clear customs as a single transaction. This can speed up the shipping process greatly and make it more efficient for you to continue shipping overseas.

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Information