United Parcel Service - UPS

Compare Shipping Companies

Research top Shipping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Look what UPS did to my package!! I contacted them twice just to request to hold my package instead... But they waited for 3 attempts before allowing me to pick it up at UPS center. My package looks trash and all my bottled supplements dented and dirty.

My package was supposed to be delivered to my house and was not. UPS decide to drop it off at a drop point. I called to ask the Customer Service Rep and spoke with Andrew **. I stated why wouldn't UPS come back for second attempt and someone was home at the first attempt. The way the Customer Service Rep spoke was out of order and rude. I express my concern to him and told him he will not speak to me like that. I stated that my package shouldn't be at a corner store, customer service that in such a tone I honestly tune him out and ask when could my package be delivered. CSR was just rude. I asked for his information and hung up.

On May 5, 2017 I ordered a item under a pound to from an online company in North Carolina to be shipped to eastern TN. The company indicated the package was shipped that day and would be delivered on Monday 8 May 2017. They sent me the tracking number that allowed me to track the package. On Monday I checked the UPS website and found the package was delivered to the UPS distribution center about an hour from my home but the package was being delivered to North Carolina for some reason. I called UPS and talk to a nice person for 38 minutes and she worked with the distribution center and said the package has been intercepted and it would be delivered on Tuesday 9 May 2017. Within 30 minutes I received two more phone calls confirming the address was correct in Tennessee and insuring the package would be deliver the next day.

On Tuesday I again check the UPS website and found that the package had in fact not been intercepted but was sent to NC and that delivery would now be on Thursday 11 May. I again call the UPS service rep and they had no information on this and was unwilling to help to resolve the situation and said the package would be delivered on Thursday. On Wed, 10 May I again checked the UPS website, found the delivered now has been pushed out until Friday 12 May 2017. I have decided that it is a waste of time to call them again and will just have to wait for the incompetent people at UPS to figure this out. The best they can do now is take 7 days to complete a 2 day shipping requirement going from one state NC to a neighboring state of Tennessee. I understand that they can lose a package but to be unable to provided correct information to a customer and quickly correct the issue is totally unacceptable for a large well run company.

The last time I was shipped a package, UPS delivered it to the wrong address and claimed it was delivered to me. Either someone stole it or I was lying.

I complained, money was refunded by where I bought it from. Few days later one of my neighbors, that were on vacation, brought the package to my house. I contacted all parties involved and returned the item to where I bought it. UPS told me that I would need to sign for all future packages. I complained that they made the mistake and accused me at being at fault. Now they will no longer ship to me, which doesn't bother me a bit, I lost nothing but dealing with a company will terrible customer service.

I have been waiting for a package that was shipped on April 24th and have yet to receive it. It has been tossed around between multiple facilities. I called customer service, on May 5th, I was told that they would have someone call me, within an hour from the facility where the package was with. No one called, I called again and was told the same exact thing. No one called me. Monday, May 8th, another delayed delivery notification was added to tracking, this is the 6th delayed delivery notification because they keep moving the package to different locations. Absolutely horrible!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

I had 5 parcels sent from the UK and to have it delivered to Saudi Arabia, they originally said it would take 5 days. It's been over 2 weeks now and nothing! Flipping idiots. They keep on changing the schedule date for no reason. On top of that their customer service is useless. When you make a complaint they say that it's out of their control. And give me the runaround. First my parcels were stuck in the UK for a week. So just sitting and nobody taking any notice. They have all my details, so they could have gotten in contact with me. Then my parcels were sent bit by bit to Saudi Arabia, so not all in one go. Why I haven't a clue! And now my parcels are going around the whole country except for the city it's suppose to go. They are BAD, TERRIBLE, RIDICULOUS, NOT A GOOD COMPANY and to top it all off they don't have the courtesy to offer a refund for the trouble they've put me through. I would suggest to anyone that they stay away from UPS.

I don't know what the deal is with UPS, I was disappointed when I chose the 2-day shipping, and it showed it would be more than that when my package arrived (6 days to be exact). Then I got excited when it had changed to a day earlier, well guess I was glad for nothing, because it still hasn't arrived. I guess UPS does not care about their customers.

I love that UPS is using access points. I don't have to worry about changing my work schedule in order to receive a package or missing deliveries. The access points in my area are convenient and have long operating hours, including weekends. I honestly don't understand why anybody's upset about this massive improvement!

The UPS website is very archaic. Very user unfriendly. Not Intuitive. It takes hours to get up and running. I am trying to send a package to Canada and am on my 3rd hour trying to get an account set up and get all the details. So many error messages with no explanation that would help you fix it. This website must have been developed in the 80's.

Both the UPS webpage and the smartphone app gave me COMPLETELY FALSE and misleading information about the delivery of a package, after PUSHING notification of when the package would be delivered. After tremendous difficulty and tedious wasted time on hold, two employees, Danny and Sarah, gave me useless excuses and completely unsatisfactory answers as to why the online information was COMPLETELY FALSE!!! I would much prefer that UPS give no information than the pretentious display of information that is COMPLETELY FALSE and misleading. A lot of my time was wasted today by this abusive behavior, and to top it off, the company's representatives made it quite clear that they could not care less. The acronym UPS is hereby revised: UPS stands for "Useless Piece of **."

UPS is the worst ever when it comes to package deliveries. For two days now I have been home waiting for an important package to get delivered to my apartment and both days the driver never ring my doorbell and did not leave any notices. What is so messed up was, on the first delivery attempt the driver delivered a package to another apartment in the same building I live in, but failed to deliver my package. I received a call from the facility after the first attempt and was promised to get my package delivered the same night, but the driver never showed up. The company have incompetent and lazy people working for them. Even the supervisor do not care. They do not even deserve one star because they are so terrible.

UPS truck goes by my house several times a week but they can't stop and get a package. They want money or me to drive 30 minutes to UPS store. I have a return going to Dish Network. UPS won't pick it up and Dish won't pay the extra fee. I am stuck. NOT fair. In the past I have had warranty returns sitting on my porch, the driver delivered a package, step over the box I needed picked up and not ever ring the door bell. In the past 2 months I have neighbor packages delivered to my door. The service at UPS is going downhill.

I was expecting an important textbook in the mail to start college next week when I got a notice that they could not deliver the item to me. I am currently serving in the navy and do not own my residence. I have no other way to receive mail except through P.O. box.

This is the worst delivery company around. In the last 18 months all but 2 packages out of 10 to 15 so were delivered up to 4 days late. When I checked the tracking online the drivers would put in the comments that no one was there to accept the package or they could not find the location. When I called customer service they apologized. Told me I could drive to their hub 20 miles away and pick it up myself the next day or that it would be a couple of days before they could reattempt delivery. I ended losing my temper after hours of arguing with these worthless agent and managers for hours and once even for 3 days before they would get a manager from the local hub to call me back. I now have that number and call them directly.

After one of these events they agreed to send a driver to fix their mistake within the hour. I went back to packing my orders enjoying the nice weather with the warehouse doors open. After 45 minutes I hear the truck coming. I watch as he drive by my warehouse. I go to the door shocked and amazed as I watch him drive by going the back out the way he came in. Drove by 3 cars in front of my warehouse doors wide open with me standing in it. When I called the hub back they said he could not find me. He drove by twice no more than 40 feet from me in broad daylight. The latest outrage is I shipped a package worth $400. They damage the package in transit and refuse to pay for it and I even paid the extra for the insurance. Worst yet they still charged me for the shipping. They do just as if it was a late package it's not their fault blame me.

I will now spend the extra money to ship by any other service. The 2 other damage incident I have had with USPS and FedEx 1 each all it took was one phone call. They were polite, friendly and fixed the problem while I was on the phone. I received a check within a week from both. I have also never had to call either and explain how to find me, ask when my pack will be delivered or had any excuses about how I would have to wait or go to the hub to pick up my package. UPS almost every time. Only 2 good experiences out of them all. Not worth the aggravation.

UPS seems to be the least reliable or dependable of all the various delivery services, such as the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx, for the many products I purchase online. Businesses should carefully look at other means of getting their products delivered to the buying public, which should be explained to the customers (i.e. "We use the MOST reliable delivery services to get your ordered products to you with as few problems as is possible, even if it costs us a few cents more.")

Enough is enough with UPS! Why aren't they called before Congress to explain they're horrible delivery service? They have ruined enough birthdays, holidays, and anniversaries. Yet they continue to get away with BS excuses such as lying about weather delays, lying about "operating conditions", etc. How many times can you use the "The truck broke down" out of the same warehouse when it's RIGHT in my own neighborhood?? Operating Delays... Really? I have contacted my local Congressman about this and I urge you guys to do the same! They have gotten away with lying to the public long enough!

No accountability at all, lost my package, they don't care, I went 3 times to terminal to see if they found, they did not even looked at OVERGOODS (they call the items found broken boxes etc). The guy tells me even they find, he cannot give it to me. Holding my property from me, other one tells me there are many OVERGOODS in every building. Practically they kick and push the items if the box is broken. If a box broken not sure if I should place UPS above or below FedEx, both are overpriced terrible service providers.

I ordered package on the April 19, 2017. The original delivery day was April 27, 2017. It is very important package for me and I made my plans around the date of arrival. During the process of the shipment from US to Canada, the delivery date was changed to April 28, 2017. It was inconvenient, but I rearranged my plans. I scheduled to stay from work on that day to wait for delivery. On April 28 about 1pm, package status change to: On local truck. About 7pm I started been concerned and called UPS Canada. I talked to the employee Ash (ID: **). Ash said to me that due to the high volume of packages the delivery times extended from 7pm to 8pm, but I guaranteed to get my package today. I changed my plans for the evening and stayed home to wait for package.

At 8:40pm I gave a call to UPS again and talked to employee Shela (ID: **). She told me clearly, that the package will be delivered today without doubt. At about 11pm, I understood that all the above promises are not going happened and I called again. This time I had to call UPS International, because UPS Canada was closed for the weekend. I talked to employee Alan (ID: **). All his answers were including words probably, likely. He was not able to provide decisive and clear answer in regards to what happened to my package, where it was, and when I am going to receive it. He said that PROBABLY on Monday only. During entire time between 1:30 pm and 12am the online status of my package was on local truck. After midnight it suddenly changed to in transit with delivery on Monday, May 1, 2017.

As you can see the following inconveniences were caused to me by UPS: Original delivery date was changed today later, which required rearrangement of plans. I had to cancel day at work to wait for package home. This package never arrived on that day. I stayed home entire day without been able to leave anywhere. It was supposed to happened latest at 7pm (according to UPS website). Do I need to take a day off work on Monday again??? What if package will not arrive again? I was provided wrong info by the above UPS employees. It caused lots of frustration. My entire weekend plans were affected by this service of UPS.

I placed an order with well known company and paid for UPS expedited shipping. Delivery in two days. My package did NOT arrive within the guaranteed arrival time. Although UPS claims it will still be delivered yesterday... It is now Saturday and UPS has either lost or stolen my package. How UPS stays in business is a mystery. Never again will I use UPS.

I have ordered 6 items in the past year that have unfortunately been delivered via UPS. I have yet to get one of those packages on time. There is always a delay for one reason or another and when you call to ask what they will do for you they tell you nothing. Next day air means next week, you pay $50 or more for a package to be delivered the next day and do not get it for a week. They seem to have lots of equipment issues. That cause late deliveries and tell you they cannot do anything about it and will NOT refund your money! Once you do get your package you are lucky if it is in good condition. I am pretty sure their employees kick the packages around and throw them onto the truck.

Don't bother asking for a signature, that does not matter to them. They will leave your $2,000.00 package on your front door with no signature and if you call to say something, they will tell you, "Well luckily your package was still there." USPS has faster shipments and better customer service and tracking than UPS. If you are buying something request FedEx for your shipment!

On April 20th, I received an email from UPS Quantum View about a package that was being delivered to me for a very valuable item. The package delivery required a signature in order for the delivery to be completed. The delivery date was set for April 25th, so I planned to take the day off of work in order to sign for the package and prevent the need to make a 20 mile trip to the distribution center to pick up my package in person.

The day passed and no package was delivered. At around 5:40 PM I checked the UPS website for a delivery status and saw that the UPS driver indicated that the first delivery attempt had been made and that no one was home. I was furious because I was home and my doorbell had never rung and there was no door tag indicating the delivery attempt. The driver had gone to the wrong address!! My house number matches a house number of a house two blocks away with a different street name. NOTE: I had walked past the home with the same house number and sure enough, there was the delivery notice hanging on their door for my package.

I called the customer service number to report this incident and after negotiating the horrible auto-attendant which makes you feel like an idiot for even thinking that UPS could be at fault, I managed to reach a UPS agent (working at a call center in the Philippines). I told the UPS agent what had happened and he was very sympathetic, I had also told the agent that there was no way I could take another day to sit around and wait for this delivery so I could sign for it. He told me that he would contact the distribution center and that should receive a call from them within an hour.

After about an hour and a half and no call I called back in and reached another agent. He told me that the complaint was logged at 5:47 PM and that the distribution closed at 6:00 PM. He told me that I would receive a call in the morning. This did not improve my attitude about UPS after being told one thing and getting something different. The next morning at about 9:45 AM I had still not received a call from UPS so I called back in to see what was going on with my delivery. The agent I reached informed me that my package was put back on another truck and was out for delivery. Hello, is nobody listening!!!

I had informed both agents the day before that I could not take another day off to sign for a package. I asked the agent that I was speaking with this next morning, does UPS expect me to drive 20 miles to pick up a package that they were paid to deliver, because of their screw up??? I told him that I wanted to speak to a supervisor. After being transferred to a supervisor and repeating my story, I was told that she would contact the distribution center and find out why I had not been called and that I would receive a call from the distribution. Two hours later, still no call, I check the status of my delivery and saw the message "package delivered". I was horrified, there was a very valuable item sitting on my front porch unattended!!!

This is not the first time UPS has delivered or attempted to deliver a package to the wrong address for me and I am sure it won't be the last. What is really the point of this review is that when UPS does something wrong they are horrible at rectifying a problem when it has occurred. I don't think they care. In fairness, I have had problems with FEDEX delivering to the wrong address, the difference with FEDEX is that they will try to make a special delivery or they have multiple smaller distribution centers located around the city making it a much shorter drive to pick thing up in person.

Received my boxes rearranged. One box was opened and repackaged. A missing item. I discovered a broken piece of the item. A few porcelain dolls were broken. A porcelain dish broken in three pieces. Do these people read. When it states on the box "handle with care, Fragile, and upright." That's exactly what it mean. Some items can never be replaced. A glass box for the porcelain dolls were broken. Does it mean anything when you pay insurance for protection of your items, but you don't get it. I'm disgusted. I'll never use UPS again. I'll use FedEX the next time. Hopefully, I won't have a similar complaint.

Tonight, I contacted UPS via a chat function on its site about the fact my missing package showed it was delivered at the front desk and signed by Jones. I live in a house on a dead-end street nowhere near a hotel or motel. UPS' customer service person responded to my request/complaint. She told me that the package was properly delivered in spite of the fact I can prove my house doesn't have a front desk and no one named "Jones" lives with my husband, me, and our cats. There are no hotels or motels on my road. Next, she told me that I should call the hotels in the area to try to find my package. I was not about to contact the dozens of hotels in our town much less the thousands of hotels/motels in the metropolitan area.

Think about it. If my package had been delivered properly, why would I have to call all the hotels in the area to find it? That was a very stupid suggestion. I told her, "No." Then she told me that this was actually a problem for my shipper and to let them take care of it. The shipper didn't lose it; UPS did. However, I had already done that but this is not the first time we've had UPS misdeliver packages and we are fed up with this nonsense. I wish I had a copy of that chat. Not surprisingly a copy of our chat has not arrived either. That chat is priceless in its abundance of bad customer service. Fortunately, the shipper is replacing my order but it's a shame any business has to suffer losses thanks to UPS' incompetence.

UPS delivered a box containing dining room, chairs which are totally covered in fabric. They left the box in the driveway in the pouring rain. The box could not be seen from inside our house. Box discovered the next day and chairs are ruined.

I wanted to let you know that you have an exceptional employee in Favian **. Favian exhibits exemplary customer service. He is very professional, listens and engages his customers. I noticed Favian arrive for his shift while I was waiting for someone to help me. He did not hesitate to step up and assist me although his shift had not started. I truly appreciate working with someone of his professionalism; attentiveness. He is truly an asset to your organization. Thank you.

Ordered something online. Found out it was being delivered today, so I waited. Saw the truck drive by. Checked online and it said, "Delivered". I called the local UPS and of course she told me it was delivered. Told me to call the UPS 800 number in Georgia. So I did, and yes, she too told me it was delivered. Then she proceeded to tell me it was delivered to a different address. What's wrong with this picture?

So I went to this delivery address, not knowing these people, and they were not home. Package was. So I knocked on a door across the street from that address to see if they knew these people, "not really", was his reply. So I told him and he said go ahead and he would back me up. I retrieved the package which was very long about 40" and about 8" in diameter. I showed him proof of my identity and how it matched the package. In a time where people get shot for looking a certain way, I have to track my purchase and take a risk. I have COPD, and can't walk too far. Time this ordeal was over, I was very out of breath.

I responded to an advert on eBay. I bought a pair of top grade Bowers and Wilkins Hi Fi Speakers.They were hardly used and in mint condition. The seller lived in the Midlands near Rugby. A 5 Hour round trip by car. I decided to have them collected by courier. I wanted a proper professional organisation. I thought the Brown and Gold van of UPS was iconic and could be trusted. I opened an account and arranged for the speakers to be delivered to my home in Poole Dorset. On unpacking them I was devastated to discover that both were damaged. The front baffle on one was smashed and both of them had damage to the cabinets. There were broken bits of the baffle inside the packaging. It was clear that the damage had been done in transit. The packaging on the badly damaged unit had a huge dent in it clearly showing that care had not been taken in handling it.

I reported the damage by calling the contact customer services number. I was told to replace the speakers in the original packaging and they would be collected by a driver for examination at the depot. This is the incomprehensible bit. I was told that the speakers would be returned to the seller and he would receive the compensation payment If it was decided that there was a case for recompense. I pointed out that I had paid for the speakers. I owned them. I had opened the UPS Account to have them shipped and I had paid for the shipping.They didn't listen. I was told that was the system and if I was to proceed I needed to follow the instructions. We repacked the speakers in the original packaging. That was not easy. We were excited when we received them and ripped open the boxes not realising we would need to re-use them.

We told UPS that we could wait in for collection on Tuesday morning not Monday as we were both out all day. They called on Monday! Tuesday morning we waited in. I called them to ensure we were listed for a morning collection. They said it could be anytime during the day! The driver arrived in the morning shortly after we called them. Wonderful I thought but my joy was short lived. "Which one of these am I to take?" he asked. "Well both. They are a matched pair" was my reply. "I have only got a ticket for one" was the reply. After my nervous breakdown We explained what we had been instructed to do by the man on the Phone. He was a nice chap the driver and he said in view of the circumstances he would take them both. I am still wondering if I will ever see my money or those speakers ever again. I have phoned them repeatedly. I have sent emails and I am seething with frustration.

If you buy anything on eBay make sure you go and collect it personally. I could have walked from Poole to Rugby and back in less time than I have spent on this issue. There is still the inspection result to await and then if they decide to compensate me. They are still as far as I am aware hell bent on sending it to the man I have paid. They are a complete shower and not to be trusted.

To start with UPS was charged with delivering my medical supplies. They destroyed them to the point that I would have been embarrassed to deliver the package myself. It looks like the package was rammed by a forklift fork. That was bad enough. What was worse was the I suffer PTSD really bad and the delivery dude pounds on my door so hard that it makes me jump out of my skin. I call them and report the condition of the package and the method of delivery. I was told I would get a call before the end of business that day. When I did not get a call I called and was promised a call again. Not receiving that call I called again several days later and was again promised a call by 10 am Monday morning. That was Shandoa on Sunday evening. I never got the call again.

I called and spoke to a supervisor who identified as Alex. He had the nerve to tell me that they will call me, but that they had tried. I told him that was a lie because I was home most of the time and I answer my phone when it rings. If they managed to call when I was not home they could have left a message. I got no such message. UPS has proven to me that they have liars who say anything to hang up. They do not do anything they claim. So sad. I plan to contact my pharmacy and request they don't use them or make special delivery practices so they don't hurt me anymore.

I am livid right now. I had a package scheduled for delivery yesterday, which I didn't know, because the Best Buy tracking link didn't work. Even still, the door was being watched for multiple hours during the day, and the ten minutes when I walked away, that's when they tried and failed to deliver my package. I thought it would be delivered the next day (Saturday), but the next business day is actually Monday, so now I have to wait even longer for my package. I checked the tracking information since I finally realized the tracking info Best Buy gave me was for UPS's website (since the tracking info Best Buy provided me with was incorrect), and then I found out that it was left at a UPS access point. I thought, "Great! Today is Saturday, let me go pick up my package and then all will be right." Not so.

The place wasn't open at half-past 5 on a Saturday. WTF, what kind of hours are these? What if I work on the weekdays and have to pick my package up on the weekend, this is incredibly inconvenient. I don't even know if they're open tomorrow because their hours were posted in Spanish, but not English. So I'm going to go tomorrow and they might not even be open, which means I'll waste even more time. Then on Monday, if no one is able to answer the door for me and sign for my package, I have to start this headache all over again. WHY!? Why can't you just leave my package at the door?! From now on, I'd rather pay extra shipping charges to avoid having UPS handle my packages.

I am way passed angry! I have tracked my packages every single time and always stay home to wait for them! I've had so so many problems with UPS ripping my packages aka my property opened and stolen. I've have packages thrown on my sidewalk and busted while driver waves as he leaves! I have many more horror stories about UPS! What am I doing so wrong? I pay for my things and pay for shipping to receive my packages in a proper manner! Today, I've been waiting since 6:30 a.m. and my package was tracked from that time and it was only 10 mins away, yet I'm sitting here at 11:30 p.m. and watched the driver drive right by my house and looked right at me!!! What? I have my porch light on, lawn light on, front door open and I was standing on my front steps!!! I just stood there in disbelief while this idiot drives by me!!

I have about 6 packages on that truck and I paid to have them delivered so why won't he deliver them?? "Lazy" and it's way too late to be delivering anyway! It's not even legal where I am!! I waited anyway because I tracked it and it said out for delivery. The driver did not need my signature to deliver either. So I called UPS and told them what happened and they said, "Oh, I'm so sorry, the faculty is closed to which he works from so you have to wait until Monday!" I said, "What? Come again? Did I just hear you say I have to wait for Monday?" She says, "Yes!" That's when I blew a gasket! How dare this company? How dare they? There is no way to contact the driver, no way to contact his employer, no way to track this truck that just drove by my home yet the faculty is closed. Putting the gun to my head because I feel so defeated living on this planet in 2017!

I just can't take it anymore. What if my mother's heart medications were on that delivery and she needs to take that medication? This is unacceptable! I'm taking this a few steps higher than just leaving a review and being the 1000,000 customer to post one. I'm taking them to court. I've had enough and no one is doing a thing about this company and UPS must be held accountable for these horrible things they have been doing to us, not to mention two UPS drivers coming back and stealing my neighbor's packages that they just delivered ten mins before! I filmed this entire thing because I now record the ups drivers as they pull up because of how they have destroyed my packages/Property other times so I always do now so I have proof! I recommend every one to do this! You can't get anything done today without proof.

I just got a notification at 11:46 p.m. while I', typing this and it says, wait for it... "Second attempt to deliver"!!! Lol am I in the twilight zone??? How did that happen when no one drove by? I'm sitting right in my front window! Ugh, I am so ** off!??? Ups should not have drivers blowing past anyone's house at midnight anyway! What is that? It's not the holiday season so... Huh? I hate hate hate UPS! I despise that company like no other! Please someone, anyone, do something about this! Another thing, a ups driver killed a family of baby birds on my sidewalk last year, 2016! Disgusting. They were flattened like little pancakes!!! I cried my eyes out!! This company needs to be accountable for all the bad they do. We as customers should never have to go through this, ever!

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Profile