United Parcel Service - UPS
3.75/5
Based on 5,565 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

United Parcel Service - UPS

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

4820 United Parcel Service - UPS Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 17, 2019

Larry is our regular delivery driver here in Leander TX, at Apple Springs Family Dentistry. We have wanted to write Larry a review for quite some time, and just recently asked him how we go about doing so. Let's just start off with Larry's genuine personality and the positivity that he brings to the office every time he does a pick up/delivery. Larry is always moving at full speed no matter what the weather is here in Texas. Dr. ** looks forward to seeing Larry throughout the day knowing he is normally our delivery driver, except some Wednesdays when he is off. :) UPS is not a company that we thought we would begin to care about so much at a dental office, until Larry became our delivery guy. Thanks so much Larry for all you do for our practice!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

UPS used to be the gold standard for shipping, in my view. However, when there's a glitch, they seem to get caught up in their own internal processes instead of solving the problem as viewed by the customer. For example, I had a package that was being sent to be held for me at a regional UPS center because the shipper couldn't recognize my address. I also asked if it could be sent to a closer Walgreens for pickup rather than the UPS center. They said it could, and I said I'd let them know if I wanted to do that. A couple of days later, I saw via the tracking info that it was waiting for me at Walgreens. I never requested that, I simply asked if it was possible. If I hadn't proactively checked about it, it would have been returned after sitting there for a few days.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Mailing cookies to the west coast, we first went to US Post Office - even though it was three weeks before Christmas, even their fastest shipping would not arrive at the destination in time, although they were cheap. Next we went to FedEx and nearly fainted at the cost - over a hundred dollars to deliver the cookies. We went home and ate some cookies to comfort ourselves. Then we went to UPS. The price was reasonable, under $30, the delivery was slow but the cookies would arrive before Christmas. They did get to the destination on the day expected and they were in PERFECT condition, so except for the extremely (I thought) slow delivery time, I was quite satisfied with UPS.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We shipped Christmas gifts via UPS this year. We were very happy with the prices we received online, was cheaper than prices we'd received at the store in previous years. This ship time was accurate and good. Liked the delivery notifications we received. The only thing we didn't like was that they didn't confirm the price at the store. We thought they would check the weight and dimensions to make sure we did it right. I think more instructions on the website of how to accurately measure the dimensions would help. Like if the box pooches out in the middle, do you measure that or from the corners? And do you round up or down? Altogether, a very good experience and we will use UPS online next time.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I recently ordered a 32-inch TV from Amazon scheduled for delivery on 01/03/2019 but it was not outside my apartment door nor was there a note regarding attempted delivery. The TV still wasn't here the next day so I called UPS and they swore they delivered it on the third. Turns out they HAD delivered it on the third, but had hidden it behind a couple of huge barbecue pits around the corner from my front door. There was no note or advisory that they had hidden it. If I had not checked, it would still be there, I would have thrown a fit at Amazon and UPS and made a complete FOOL of myself! I realize now that UPS was just being careful, since I live in an apartment, and hid my TV so no one would lift it. All that was missing in this wee fiasco was a note or a text telling me where my new TV was stowed. Other than that, UPS is always reliable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I shipped a box from New York to Atlanta, almost a week and half ago. It has still not reached destination and has been going round and round. They damaged the box while shipping, which I was notified. I have been talking to them for a week now and everyone tells me a different thing. Yesterday and today morning, they assured me that the package will get to me in Atlanta. When I saw the tracking it seemed like it was going back to New York so I called again and the person I talked to told me that it is going to New York. I have already moved to Atlanta and will have to arrange for box to get back to Atlanta from New York. UPS has not being responsible with the way they are handling the package and having charged me for the shipment. Pathetic.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Listen, 1. I was given false information as to where my package was and 2. I was told I would be charged to change pick locations or for re-delivery because of someone else’s mistake or false claims. Time and time again I have issues with your delivery department. It keeps happening to me and others, either we don’t get our package, something got lost or sent to the wrong location. Please help me understand why you give your customers such a hard time!?? I’m paying YOU to give me my stuff. Not make my life harder than it already is. I run a business and you’re affecting not just my own life but my business. Whether you care or not isn’t the point. People go out of their way to do their job correctly so why can’t you???? We’re getting so tired of this nonsense....

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

To put it in brief form, I ordered a product in June, 2019. A week later that product had been left on my porch, for delivery. Fast forward to 9/13/2019, when a Ms. Kayla ** from UPS Small Package Customs Brokerage called me and said that the company had sent the package “prepaid”, which, in UPS lingo makes me responsible for all government charges associated with importing the product. Therefore, UPS had my name on the invoice. If I failed to pay the $52.56 that was owed within five days, the matter would be handed to a collection agency. Despite the fact that I never signed anything, or engaged UPS in any way, she considered it my debt, To despite my protestations, and refusal to pay. She didn’t care what was legal or right, she wanted the money, and would do whatever was necessary to get it.

Her insistence that I pay would never stand-up in a court of law because I did not engage UPS in any way, or sign anything, but she didn’t care. She knew that someone would never go to court over the small sum involved. I am a disabled senior, and have spent my lifetime building an outstanding credit score. She felt that she could easily bully, threaten, and lie to the point where I would tire of the fight, and pay a debt that was not mine to protect my reputation.

The summary is one of risk, and risk avoidance. Anytime that something is shipped to you via UPS, you are at risk if the product is imported and the importer has not paid the government fees. Anyone has the right to refuse a delivery by UPS, thus avoiding the risk. If your firm is reputable, ship via a service other than UPS. If you order a product, specify that UPS is not to be engaged. Finally, refuse any delivery that UPS might make. Taking these steps will nullify the risk of a nightmare, like I have gone through.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Lies are standard operating procedure. Packages may or may not be delivered at the discretion of drivers. My packaged was scheduled to be delivered at a residential address however the driver updated my account saying it could not be delivered because the business was closed. Someone was here all day and a delivery was never attempted. Anyone who lies so blatantly should never be trusted. The lies lead me to believe that behind the lies there is criminal intent.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Tracking indicates that my item is arriving by the end of the day. We waited till 8pm. Suddenly it was re-scheduled for future delivery. Contacted support, but they cannot give me any additional information and they will just relay my issue to the receiving UPS facility. Was then contacted me the next day stating that they can't find my package in their system. And they would call me back in 30 mins to try and locate the items.

I then got a call back after a few hours letting me know that it was still missing and there was no reason given by the UPS driver for the reschedule. There was also no attempt for the driver to deliver. I was then told to let the sender know about the issue and just file a claim. I then said, "Can I just wait till the next day (Friday)?" And they said yes and they'll update me right away.

I felt so frustrated that my item just went missing for no reason or any explanation.And this was not the first time it happened. I've been telling the agent and the staff facility that I'm even willing to pick up the item at any drop point or even the warehouse. I feel that my issue is being handles lightly. The item is insured for more of its worth but I would not be reacting this much if it was not important to me. I've been using UPS to ship my items in the past but having to go through all this trouble is not worth it. And some items are just irreplaceable.

I'm really hoping that this would be resolved. I would advocate to my friends and family in discouraging them to use any of #UPS services. And unfortunately, one of my friends is going through the same thing right now. I maybe just one customer, and this might be a regular incident for your company, but I feel sorry for the other people that has to go through the same thing. They maybe mere objects, but some of these are precious and means a lot to us.

UPS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

UPS was founded in a Seattle basement by two teenagers in 1907 as a home delivery packaging service. Today, UPS is an international company that utilizes technology to make it easy for consumers and businesses to send and receive packages when and where they need them.

• UPS store: Developed in 1980 as an alternative to the United States post office, the UPS store has more than 4,700 locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Along with shipping services, the stores offer services such as printing, copying and business services, making them a convenient one-stop-shop for businesses and consumers alike.

• My UPS: Create a free My UPS account to keep track of deliveries, set preferences and receive notifications when a package is on its way. This feature is available for consumers and businesses.

• Small business solutions: UPS offers several solutions for small businesses, including help with tracking and billing, returns solutions for retailers including e-commerce businesses and timesaving technologies.

• UPS Internet shipping: Streamline the process of shipping for your business with UPS Internet shipping. This feature helps you automate paperwork, create a bill of lading for freight shipments using saved addresses and commodity information and take care of printing labels and paying for shipping online.

• UPS World Ease: Ideal for businesses that frequently send shipments overseas, UPS World Ease simplifies the process of international shipping by allowing you to ship packages to multiple recipients within one country or within the European Union as one shipment that will clear customs as a single transaction. This can speed up the shipping process greatly and make it more efficient for you to continue shipping overseas.

• Best for: UPS is best for small businesses, particularly those that regularly ship overseas or domestically.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs