2. Moving

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.90/5
Based on 3,733 ratings submitted in the last year

UPS Gallery (3)

United Parcel Service - UPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Parcel Service - UPS?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: April 14, 2021

I am not tech savvy. And Martin made it so easy and comfortable. And did not my treat me like a dumb old lady. He didn't roll his eyes or lose his patience as I tried to navigate. Through my emails for my return code.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I live on a very busy street and my UPS delivery provider went out of their way to protect my package. Thank you for going that extra step to make sure my kids have a great Easter. I have ordered many many packages and this delivery provider/person is my favorite.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

My primary experience with UPS is deliveries from Amazon. But I have had many deliveries, over many years. Rarely, if ever, have I had a bad experience. This year, due to the pandemic, I've placed more orders than usual, with Amazon.ca. Smaller parcels they send via Canada Post, which has been a horror story this year. Larger parcels are sent using UPS. They always arrive on the scheduled date, and often before the scheduled date. The drivers ring my bell, and leave the item on my front porch. Which is as I have asked that they do, since I live in a safe neighborhood. I have nothing but praise for those guys and gals who do the deliveries, along with everyone behind the scenes who ensure parcels are sent out on time.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I bought an antique wicker chair on eBay and enlisted UPS store #3322 in Flower Mound, TX to ship it to rural Minnesota. Aamir, who handled my transaction, was thorough and friendly throughout the entire process. Most important was careful packing. Aamir and his team did the best job I have EVER seen on protecting this fragile item from damage. I could not be happier with the care and courtesy he showed throughout the nine day process. Ken **

Original review: April 15, 2021

My package of Medical Supplies from Home Care Delivered arrived crushed and Damaged!! I am totally disgusted, it says Medical Supplies in the box, it's embarrassing enough to have use these supplies and now I must suffer more embarrassment filing a complaint!!

Original review: April 12, 2021

I order a pair of shoes from Nike on the 27th of March. My order says it was delivered on the 7th of April. I really believe the driver stole my $200 pair of shoes because where the order was delivered to you are to receive a QR code to open the box. Never got the code and the only think that was left by the driver was “left at parcel”. I even got the front office worker to roll the camera back. Guess what. He never bring the package in the front door. I made a claim on the 8th and UPS is giving me the run around. When I go online to check the claim, it is erased like I never made one. How about on the 11th I seen the same driver come and deliver more packages. Why did he have an open orange Nike box in his hand. When I came into see if it was my package be hurried up and jump in the truck and left.

Anyone who has ordered anything from Nike knows that your order is in the original orange box and that box is placed in a brown box. You never get your order in its original box. The thing that the driver seems to forget is the cameras in the office is everywhere and they can roll them back and see everything he has did from the day of delivery until the day he tried to drop off the open used package. I would hate to go up there and find out those was my shoes he threw in the office on the 11th. He had to leave that box up front with one of the ladies 'cause he ripped up the original ship box.

Original review: April 10, 2021

I ordered something from the US into Canada: I was charged 40% of the value of the shipment in UPS fee charges on top of government taxes. I know for sure that this is not right as UPS decided to be my broker charging me whatever they felt like without even asking me as shown in receipt.

Original review: April 5, 2021

If I could give less than 1 star I would! I sent a package and UPS lost it for 2 weeks! When they found it they said that they would send it next day Air, It should have arrived on April 5 by 10:30 am. It never arrived. When I called UPS to see where the hell is my package, all they would say is keep checking the website for updates! How can UPS be so bad at what they do? They obviously do not care about on time delivery or customer service. I cannot wait until Amazon decides to take over delivery service and puts UPS out of business! UPS sucks at this! This is not the first time I have had issues with UPS. I sent a crib to my Daughter in Panama Beach FL and it kept saying "out for delivery" for several days. Then they finally said, "Oh yeah it has never been loaded on the truck!"

Original review: April 5, 2021

Senior on Social Security w/ 3 grandsons west coast; I live east coast. Getting birthday gifts to them is an expensive choice for me. Bought GS cookies $32. UPS charged $34.85, refused to deliver. LOST ALL. 1

Original review: March 31, 2021

Absolutely awful. Paid $110 to ship through UPS Next Day Air a cake to my daughter for her 21st birthday. Spent two weeks researching the best way to package it and the best company to use for transporting it. I made the huge mistake of thinking that UPS would be the most reliable. I almost immediately got a notice that the package would be delayed. Notice included no explanation and no reason for this. There is no system for keeping track of exactly where the package is (I thought that was just a given these days after FedEx figured out how to do it back in the 90s). Rarely received updates. Customer service had absolutely no knowledge of anything related to the package. They couldn't even tell me what state it was in or whether it had ever left the UPS facility in my city (in MD) for its destination (in WI). Key phrase that they repeat over and over is that it is "delayed but in transit”.

Customer service had no concern whatsoever for the fact that the package was not delivered when it was guaranteed to be delivered. It is now two days later and the package is still delayed and customer service has no idea when or if it will ever be delivered. Truly awful customer service but I'm sure UPS is unconcerned because it is a large corporation and there is no way to hold it accountable. So I'll just keep posting this on as many websites as possible. I do NOT recommend that anyone use UPS for anything.

UPS author review by ConsumerAffairs

UPS was founded in a Seattle basement by two teenagers in 1907 as a home delivery packaging service. Today, UPS is an international company that utilizes technology to make it easy for consumers and businesses to send and receive packages when and where they need them.

• UPS store: Developed in 1980 as an alternative to the United States post office, the UPS store has more than 4,700 locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Along with shipping services, the stores offer services such as printing, copying and business services, making them a convenient one-stop-shop for businesses and consumers alike.

• My UPS: Create a free My UPS account to keep track of deliveries, set preferences and receive notifications when a package is on its way. This feature is available for consumers and businesses.

• Small business solutions: UPS offers several solutions for small businesses, including help with tracking and billing, returns solutions for retailers including e-commerce businesses and timesaving technologies.

• UPS Internet shipping: Streamline the process of shipping for your business with UPS Internet shipping. This feature helps you automate paperwork, create a bill of lading for freight shipments using saved addresses and commodity information and take care of printing labels and paying for shipping online.

• UPS World Ease: Ideal for businesses that frequently send shipments overseas, UPS World Ease simplifies the process of international shipping by allowing you to ship packages to multiple recipients within one country or within the European Union as one shipment that will clear customs as a single transaction. This can speed up the shipping process greatly and make it more efficient for you to continue shipping overseas.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team