United Parcel Service - UPS
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

United Parcel Service - UPS

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

3206 United Parcel Service - UPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

They lost an item, they didn't bother to inform me about that. They say that they deliver package, but they don't know where the package go or to whom. I'm very disappointed in this company and I will NEVER ever be their customer again.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

The packages I have received that have been shipped via UPS over the past few months have either been so damaged that they were returned to the shipper with me never seeing them, delivered to me with damaged and/or missing contents, or the whole package has disappeared entirely. I could understand this happening occasionally, but the current service is entirely unacceptable. This week alone, one of my packages was returned due to damage, the other package delivered was damaged and missing contents with some contents of items spilled out in the box. Way to go UPS... you've ruined every package this week and caused me no end of stress and headaches. Returned package.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have been waiting since 9:30 this morning (It is now 5:40pm) for a replacement credit card that was overnighted using UPS. This is not the first time that they have not delivered when they promise. If you look at the fine print. It says guaranteed by 10:30 or noon or end of day depending on where you live. REALLY?? That is not a promise but a hope and a prayer. Why not just say, "we will deliver it when we feel like it".

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I was emailed last week and told I'd need to be at home the next day to sign for a package. I couldn't be at home so I asked to pick it up at a location. Got to location. Wasn't there. Located it in Miami. Asked for it to be sent to the same pick up location. Now I'm emailed and told I have to be home to sign for it tomorrow.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I ordered a life-saving medical device that we needed urgently from Inogen. I paid for overnight delivery. UPS attempted delivery at 2:30pm on Friday but did not leave the package as they claimed it required a signature. I was not told I needed to be home for a signature. In fact, when the Inogen representative called me at 4pm, he told me that he had received confirmation that the package had been delivered. I mentioned to him I was not at home but would be in about an hour. He told me he would be gone but if I had any questions setting up the machine, there was a customer service number in the instruction packet. Not once did he suggest I needed to be there.

At 4:30pm when I got home and found no package, I called UPS to explain that I had paid for overnight delivery and need the package Friday, at the latest Saturday. The phone agent indicated that he had been able to contact the Los Angeles representative and that they had tracked the package and could deliver it Friday and would by calling be back within the hour. He repeated my phone number to me to be make sure he had the correct number. I rearranged my plans on Friday to be able to received the phone call and get home for the delivery. No one called me back.

When I called again to follow up, I was told it would not happen and I would get the package on Monday. They could not reach the facility where the package was because the facility was closed on Saturday. But when I first called the facility was open. Why didn't they get to a driver or another facility? UPS has Saturday deliveries. Why weren't they able to deliver on Saturday, or at least call me back as they had committed to? This is a life-saving device that was needed urgently!

When I called back several times, the customer service representatives including supervisors were rude and disrespectful. Yes, part of the blame goes to the manufacturer, if, in fact, they requested the signature and did not advise me. I called them and they could not help either, but UPS HAS the package and they HAVE Saturday deliveries. I paid a substantial amount of money to receive this overnight and it will arrive 3 days late. At best, this makes our life, which is already complicated by severe chronic health disabilities, more difficult. At worst, this could have endangered a life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I think it may just be the area I live in but I've just about had it with UPS. Almost every time I'm expecting a package, they say they attempted to deliver but they straight up didn't. I always stay home to make sure I'm home when they deliver the packages (I'm in an apartment) but more times than not, I stay home for no reason. I chose to work from home today, I could have gone to my work studio where I have the technology to do better work but I stayed home so I could receive my packages. They said they attempted to deliver and I wasn't home. LIES. I'm so sick of it! And apparently after doing some research, I found out I'm not alone. This happens to lots of people.

UPS: Stop hiring lazy people who drive past my apartment and don't even bother trying to deliver my packages. It's getting ridiculous. I pay for shipping then I have to go pick it up myself. It makes no sense. It's gotten to the point that I won't buy from certain companies anymore if they use UPS to deliver their packages. I realize I live in an apartment, but it's on a busy street, I know it's findable but it feels like I'm in some Bermuda Triangle. If this was the first or second time this happened, I'd shrug it off but it's 8 times out of 10 and I'm fed up. Laziness has to be the worst human trait.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I would like to praise and thank my postal carrier at **. She is excellent at sorting out the mail. Throughout the year, she is reliable at delivering the mail and packages and is undeterred by snow, rain, heat or gloom of night. I also appreciate her daily warm interactions with the residents of the Silver Towers in NYC.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My employer had sent work laptop and I was waiting for hours at scheduled time frame. Without delivering the laptop the status was updated as delivered. Never ever trust them. On enquiring I was told to go for claims. They never realized the stress and consequence faced by the customers.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017
This isn't the first time that I have had problems with them. My son's DOF online school and the school sent a laptop. Well UPS took it to the wrong address and never found it. Then today said that, "The street number is incorrect. This may delay delivery. We're attempting to update the address. Nov 08, 2017 06:43 PM

San Bernardino, CA, US." I have lived here almost five years and have got a lot sent by UPS and now this. I called and they said that it must of been a new driver. That is no excuse. I live a half mile from their depot and drivers go past my house all the time.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

In the last 3 years, not once has it happened the mail or parcel were delivered without contacting the customer service. The two instances I like to mention are: (1) Tracking # ** - The product was never delivered while the online status showed delivered. I contacted UPS customer care and they said they will check with local office. The local office a day later confirmed the product was damaged in transit and was returned to sender, which led to a complicated refund from Lenovo that took more than 2 months.

(2) Tracking # ** - The product undelivered because according to UPS "The receiver has moved. We're attempting to obtain a new delivery address for this receiver." which after I spoke to customer service rep mentioned they have left a message for the local office to contact. I doubt this will be delivered. I will never use UPS and I recommend anyone who wants to find a good service, try DHL, FedEx, USPS... anything but UPS. The customer care is careless, their delivery guys are incompetent.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

So I sent a package from Houston to Tennessee from Nov 3-4 so the package will get there next day. So the package then doesn’t get delivered until Nov 6. I call requesting a refund, customer service first time I called said it was a weather delay in Louisville KY, so little do they know I have family/friend there. I then talk to them. They said weather was great. I look it up online it’s 71 degrees, so I then call back again to UPS y’all to the same guy. He says it’s now a plan problem. So then I ask to speak to manager, wait 6 minutes, manager comes on says, "No sir it was weather from Louisville KY- Tennessee" is why package didn’t get delivered and that they don’t work on Sundays...

So I look up the weather in Tennessee and routes weather was between 75-78 degrees. No snow... Moral of the story don’t lie to your customers. Little do they know I do logistics in the military/have all the certs etc. so let’s not lie, yes I have family and friends everywhere. That’s the military life and technology is awesome... Pisses me off when someone lies especially when I can find out the right info from people/Google weather channels etc!!! Very heated. It’s only 78 dollars but don’t be toxic to your customers!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

This is the sixth time I've used UPS for shipping. I pay 9-12 dollars every time, mind you it's only coming from San Antonio to Grand Prairie which is only a 4 hour drive. It's never on time even though tracking says by end of the day. Always 3-4 days later, why "charge" when they don't keep their word, or give a refund back to customer for not keeping your promise!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Getting a package from a company 10 miles away. UPS says we weren't home so they left. Lies. We were home. Then they said next business day that was 8 days ago and we still don't have. Tracking keeps saying tomorrow. Everything I buy that gets shipped I will demand not on UPS.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Never really thought about who delivered my packages until now. Ordered a fuel pump for my truck online because it said 2-4 day shipping. Fast forward and it’s now been 11 days, YES 11! Still don’t have my package and I’ve now been without my vehicle this whole time. Utter **. Then I got to complain on UPS’s Website and look at that no place to review them of course. Every time I buy something from Amazon they send me an email asking if everything was satisfactory. I will go out of my way to never use UPS again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

On November 3rd I was supposed to be delivered a package by end of the day, when I got home I found a notice that UPS had tried to deliver my package at 1:16 in the afternoon. How is that end of day! After several attempts to talk to a human being at their customer service center I finally talked to an employee who told me my package would be delivered between 6 and 8 on Monday since they don’t work on Saturday. At 9:01 that same evening someone (female) from the UPS facility that has my package phoned me saying that they do work on Saturdays and so my package would be delivered then.

I stayed home all day, no delivery was made! I tried to call that facility no one answered, so now I have to call them on Monday to see what is going on. Obviously UPS doesn’t know that other people work, what are we supposed to do take a day off when they are going to do a delivery. Also I tried several times to set up a delivery time on their website. Couldn’t do it! I will never again have a package delivered by them. The only reason why I gave two stars is for the employee at their main customer service center who tried to help me.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

For relocation - My company has requested to use UPS service for moving my personal things and suitcases. I am new to US and nobody said me in the Staples store about the insurance for parcel services. Of course, it is my ignorance that I did not know about the insurance. Out of 3 packages sent, UPS lost one of my package and I have been waiting it for a long time. After reaching out to them, they said as the package is lost in a cool manner. They said they will be giving 100$ as compensation. I got frustrated and depressed. How come it will be missing??? Items in my package worth more 1000$ all of them were bought from India. Little stranded.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Always delivers packages during work hours to residential addresses. How can anyone be at home during 1PM-3PM? I would never use UPS for shipping or receiving if possible. Customer care is very inflexible and the phone App is useless.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I received an email that an overnight package was delayed due to severe weather. I called UPS and the CSR told me the same thing their website did, the package was checked into the Milwaukee, WI facility at 6:40 am and delayed due to severe weather, which was inaccurate as the skies are clear in the entire state with no bad weather predicted. She told me to hang up and call back in a couple minutes for an update. This was concerning as it wasn’t anything I didn’t already know.

From there I reiterated that there wasn’t bad weather. She continued to tell me I would have to just wait. I need this package today but she had no information and wouldn’t probe further. I asked to speak to a supervisor. It took 15 minutes of hold time to get connected with a supervisor only to explain and be put on hold for another 15 minutes to be told they can’t reach their facility to confirm the package has shipped. I was on the phone for a total of 40 minutes with no help. They told me what I could look up on my phone in 2 minutes and already knew.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

A package that was supposed to be delivered to me was delivered to another person and when I inquire with the UPS driver if there was a package for me the driver said, “No”. Outright lying without checking the delivery information and delivering to another person is outright theft on the UPS driver's end. BBB giving UPS an A+ is wrong especially with so many complaints. And when I got a call back from UPS, I told them I wanted the driver fired for theft which they declined to fire the driver for theft. This is unacceptable. Don't do business with UPS unless you want your purchases/orders stolen.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have used UPS for many years and almost every single time they are late. Never trust the online tracking. Want to talk to someone, get ready to talk to someone in Inda that has no idea what’s going on. This isn’t good. You’re consistent, but you’re consistent at being unreliable. Someone should fix this or UPS is going to end up like Blockbuster... a company of the past.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I am really irritated with UPS. When I pay extra to not go through snail mail, I expect my package to come to my door... like FedEx does! I am a senior with walking issues. Most times, UPS will bring to my door. But, about every 3rd delivery (I shop only online) UPS doesn't feel like coming to my door so will drop off at front office, which is too far for me to walk. Don't know who's doing it. The grumpy guy who usually comes or someone else. If I wanted to walk, I'd go to the actual store. This is so frustrating for seniors and disabled. And they can't say they tried but no one was home! My dogs alert me loudly, if anyone knocks on my door. It's so irritating that I can't choose FedEx or someone else when I order. I guarantee I'd never use UPS! Tell your drivers to act friendly at least! Mine won't smile, won't speak, nada! Real pleasure…

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

In the last 2 months I have had to deal with UPS twice in very different situations and both times they have totally failed to deliver as expected. Additionally, in both situations of failed performance there is zero accountability. Customer is left with nothing to do but use FedEx which I intend to do when it is important and I am making the shipping decisions. In the first situation, I overnighted a key to my brother in law who was going to stay at my home while he was in town for business and I was out of town on vacation. In this situation, they "forgot" to put the package on the truck from their distribution center so it was not delivered in time for my brother in law's business trip. There was no recourse for the failed delivery - they could not redirect it to the location of the business trip and would not provide a refund.

In the second situation I was having a critical prescription delivered to my home that I needed to take for ongoing treatments on the day the package was scheduled to be delivered. I came home to see the package had not been delivered and checked the account and saw that the package was listed as undeliverable due to wrong address. This was funny because I receive mail to that address and I was currently standing at the address. I called the customer service line. The first person I spoke to said there was nothing they could do for me and would have to just try again. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she hung up on me.

The second person I spoke to looked at the system and realized the mistake was because the truck driver went to the wrong address (X Road vs. X Street) so the error was on her side. She said she would file a ticket and I would be called from the local facility within one hour with arrangements to receive the package tonight. In 50 minutes, I received a call from a "local facility" from San Francisco (I live in Boston). The person here told me that she was calling to schedule my delivery processing. This was wrong in two ways - as I was not in San Francisco and was looking to confirm a delivery. This person told me that she would redirect my call. I asked not to be hung up on and she told me that she looked into it and that she was given my number in error and that my original ticket was still open and I would be contacted shortly.

After 20 more minutes (well outside of the original hour) I called back to the customer service line. They told me they were still looking into my ticket. They put me on hold. During the second call, my husband took it upon himself to try to call the local facility directly which he says he was able to do before. He got someone in what he seemed to think was a call center with a heavy accent. This person said they did not have the ability to contact anyone at a facility directly, but could update the information in the system. He told this person to put in the system the delivery was "urgent".

Eventually someone picked up on my hold and said they spoke with my husband who had arranged delivery for tomorrow. This was not the case. They said they would check into it and that it was possible that I could pick it up. I did not think this is a satisfactory solution as I am not the one who made the delivery error on a critical package. The person, who I was told was a supervisor, put me on hold and then came back and told me that my husband had arranged it for tomorrow and there was absolutely nothing they could do. This is a blatant lie and misrepresentation. Then I cried because this was so stressful and I needed the medicine which I was now told I would not receive. I had been at this for 2 hours already.

Finally, I call the shipper (CVS) and explain to them that I would not be able to take the medicine as prescribed in advance of my procedure and that the fault was UPS and UPS was not amenable to doing anything to fix it. They tell me they will try to arrange with UPS because they should deliver it (duh) and put me on hold. Then miraculously UPS calls me while I am on hold and tells me they will deliver my package. At 9 PM a man in a UPS van delivered my package.

The only thing that rectified this was CVS's customer service. UPS made the situation unbearable and took no accountability for their mistake until it came from a corporate contact. The way I was treated was dehumanizing. I didn't get an acknowledgement they made a mistake. Everyone I spoke with at UPS did nothing to help me. It was just such a negative and reprehensible incident.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Amazon Prime member... Shipped by FedEx? You know it will be there when you expect it and on time! Shipped by UPS? Always rescheduled, late, days after other orders. You explain to me how I can order (as a business) 50-60 different things all at the same time. I will receive everything shipped with just about any courier on time and in great condition. When I see UPS... it's an immediate disappointment. I know beyond the shadow of a doubt, it will take extra time, if it shows up at all. UPS = absolute garbage. Save yourself the heartache and walk your shipments across country on foot. They stand a better chance of getting there on time.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

The delivery of my package has been delayed for days for no apparent reason. Now UPS says that they left it at an access point, and for ME to go and pick up the package. NO! The reason UPS was paid, was to have it delivered to my front door. Unacceptable. Poor experience.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Hello, when someone sends me some merchandise for UPS, UPS leaves the merchandise in a local of them, and they say they have gone to my house and I have not been. I am disabled and I also have surveillance cameras and UPS has never come to leave some package. I have to pick them, another thing leave the packages 3 and 4 days in the local and then make the delivery.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

If I could forever opt out of UPS I would. Our delivery man doesn’t deliver. He seems to fill out his failed attempt slip before he even gets to the door and sometimes he doesn’t even put our notice on the right door. 9/10 I have been home. If he knocks at all it’s once, quietly. By the time I stand he’s already gone and the notice, on the first attempt mind you, states he’s bringing it to a pickup location. Is it really delivery if I ALWAYS have to go somewhere else to pick it up?? I get no say, I can’t request him to leave the package or anything.

Furthermore posted right on our door, states that the apartment complex accepts packages. We pay them to do this. He never goes there. Yet he has no problem making us wait an extra day to bring it across town. If I’m getting a package delivered by UPS it’s because Amazon chose them, not because I had a choice. If I did I would never use their services. We’ve also contacted their customer service to no end. They say a rep will call and then never does.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

On three consecutive days I received e-mail announcing a package would be delivered the next day. On none of these days was the package delivered and when I inquired I was not given a reason and told they would do their best to deliver after the weekend. This company is engaged in consumer fraud. Stay far away!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

UPS website is selling concert tickets instead of tracking packages, I mean who cares about Taylor Swift. I just want to track my package. And I can't track my package. It just won't let me for the third day in a row. I'm personally never gonna use UPS. I'll go Toffees or postal office.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I'm waiting for medication from the Veterans Admin and the website tells me it's out for delivery. Upon checking again later in the day it's been delayed one day. Fine, however, I see the truck outside my drive way and he drives away. Again I call and I get lip service telling me the same thing I'm reading on the screen. OK, where's my package with them being so close and not delivering. I get suspicious so they wait through two more of my calls telling me the same thing. Now at 9:00 pm they call the driver and he's gone. Of course as my suspicion revealed the package had been tampered with and the drivers didn't want to put their name to it. I get it. The first time I called I could have found another way to deal. No, I trusted UPS. DUMB. Now they're advising me to call the VA and have them replace the shipment of medication. Everything is easy when you're not the one doing it. Thank you for doing your country a service by screwing their service men.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I have learned not to use them to ship anything due to so many lost packages, late deliveries and horrible customer services. But sometimes things get shipped from the other end using UPS which is unfortunately out of my control. Literally every single time I get a package from them something goes wrong. This time only one of my 2 packages delivered 4 days late. When I asked the driver where the other package was I was instantly given an attitude and told it's "not my problem… I'm just the driver."

When I called I was put on hold for 45 mins then told I will now have to wait until Monday after waiting all week for only ONE of the packages what were both sent at the same time from the same location from the same person. 80% of the people I've dealt with on the phone are just as rude if not more rude than the delivery driver and they LOVE to place customers on hold for up to an hour at a time. For some reason they can never give me a window of time when he'll arrive so I will have to take another whole day off to make sure I'm here for when they ring my bell... if they even show up. I am beyond sick of this terrible company.

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Information