1.61/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4259 United Parcel Service - UPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I shop online a lot. I have packages coming to me almost on a daily basis. I have lived in my apartment for 10 years. We have lockers for our packages to be left there safely. But, still the unhuman delivery personnel would do whatever they desire with the packages. Leave them in the lockers, not leave them and take it back, leave them behind the door for the thief, make up “a signature req” note, take the package and leave it for pick up without letting you know and then return the package to the merchant, give false delivery dates... And the “my choice” ugh... Useless tool to waste your time. Customer service is the worst in history. Why? Why such company should even exist? Only if I had power! I would fire the runners and all the employee of the company and close it down forever.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I've lived at my address for 2 years, I had a few hiccups the first few packages that were delivered to me. After that everything was smooth. Starting August 2018 they cannot get a package delivered to my address without sending it back to the sender. I've been the center tries again to send it to me. Sometimes for instance ICD took 12 weeks to get to me, and in this example the CD its original ship from origin was only 10 miles from me and UPS could not get it to me in less than 12 weeks. Now I have 20 packages coming to me for my company my job and I can't seem to get them to me. Calling them is no help. This is a self destructing company. I cannot see how they are staying in business and everybody in my neighborhood is experiencing the same thing. Not getting packages delivered from UPS. Oh, and my neighborhood is probably + 75 homes.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

This review is solely for the positive aspect of UPS and to recognize how awesome our delivery driver is. Our UPS driver Nick of Valley Stream takes wonderful care of our packages. I hear so many nightmare stories of people stealing packages, and late deliveries, however personally I have never experienced that. I can rest assure that my packages are in good hands so long as Nick is working for UPS. Thank you Nick of Valley Stream.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I had ordered a limited edition guitar which was supposed to arrive on 12/21 to me in Brooklyn, NY for someone as Christmas gift. Waited the whole day, and it did not arrive. I called customer service and they said they would do an investigation. I looked up the tracking number, and for some reason the package was once again leaving Kansas and was no longer in Brooklyn. Do they have incompetent people taking care of their data and tracking? Are they just giving people's packages a trip cross country?

Finally, about 5 days later, the tracking updates to say it will deliver on 1/03. Waited the whole day, and nothing arrived again. I called customer service and they promised it will be delivered by 9 pm. I waited and nothing ever arrived and then UPS e-mailed me to notify it will arrive on 1/04. Once again, I waited and waited and nothing arrived. I called and now the package got shipped to a local facility across town. Why? I don't know and these people don't know anything apparently and when the local facility called me, they were rude and did not want to answer questions.

I finally spoke to a supervisor who at least looked like he cared enough to try to help but the local facilities then claimed that they could not find the package in their facility and that it was lost!! A $1,400 limited edition guitar that was supposed to be a Christmas gift was lost! How the hell does a package arrive a facility and then disappears??!! Did someone steal it? A big 6x3 package cannot just disappear into thin air!!! I was only informed of this on 1/16. NEVER AGAIN! AVOID UPS AT ALL COSTS! They are irresponsible and their own team 95% of the time don't even know what the hell they're doing. Whoever operates in these local facilities here in Brooklyn should be fired for negligence, irresponsibility, and plain bad service. Stick to FEDEX. AVOID UPS!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I was expecting a package yesterday, so I called UPS in the morning to get an approximate time, because I am a busy person and the package requires a signature. I was told between 12-2, but no guarantees, it was a cold day, but I still opened the front door, so that I would not miss the driver. Around 2 pm, I received an email that the package attempt was made, but I was not home. I went outside to look for the delivery slip they put on your door, but no slip and nobody came by. I called UPS and they told me that I would receive a callback within 1 hr, after an hour, I received my callback. They told me that the driver will return to my house and delivery the package, so do not leave.

I waited, waited, yet nobody came, I called UPS again and they told me that a supervisor will call within an hour, no call. I called again and the same result, at 6:45, I received another email in my inbox, stating the package delivery was attempted at 6:39, but nobody was home again. After another call, UPS told me, that I can drive 25 miles and pick it up at the UPS center or they will redeliver the package any time I want the following week. The driver needs to be punished, the person who input the order was attempted at 6:39 needs to be suspended.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

This is the most difficult, inflexible shipping company I have ever used. If you work a full time job Mon-Fri it's almost impossible to get your package without taking a day off work. I wasn't able to be home for the delivery and when I called to see if I could pick it up from a drop off location the day after it the failed delivery on Thursday they said I could not come and get it until Monday, no solid answer as to why other than, "That's how it works more or less." The package is there at the building, I would be willing to come get it but no. They refuse to let me come there and get my package until Monday... I work Monday. The package is there at the building where I want to come pick it up but nope I have to wait... WHY EXACTLY?!?

You may order something and have no means of retrieving it without enlisting the help of friends or family, if you just moved to a new city alone you're hooped. Garbage. Complete and utter garbage. I have never written a review before but this just left me furious. I'm done and I will never use them again period and will continue to encourage others not to and warn them of the risks of dealing with this abysmal company.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I ordered a couple of items through Amazon and Best Buy and the items supposed to be delivered by UPS always delayed or I'm end up cancelling the order. The customer service people are the worst. I was keep asking them to deliver in front of my door but it seems like they never worried about it and I always used to get message like they attempted to deliver the package but no one was in the home. The funniest part about this is I was inside the home and no one knocked the door. These guys (especially drivers) are big liars. If your package is shipped through UPS either cancel the order or go and pick it up from the near store. Moreover if you think the customer service agent will resolve your problem then it will be the joke of the ERA.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We arranged for a pick up by calling UPS customer service. UPS guy/truck came with a shipping label and picked up the shipments - 2 boxes. One of them (box) is 100 lbs and another (box) is 80 lbs. Each of the box contained valuable antique pieces made up of wood and metal worth in thousand dollars. Ground shipping from Texas to California. Shipment was not received after 2-3 weeks. We called UPS customer service with the tracking number and they said, they are not able to find the shipment and, asked us to give some more time. We followed up number of times and they said they are not able find and shipment is lost. Can you believe two big boxes are lost (somebody within UPS must have stolen our valuable shipment)!!!

UPS opened an investigation. We had to call number of times and they could NOT find the shipment after many months (6-8 months) of investigation. Finally, they asked to submit a claim form. We followed up with UPS claim (1 800 430 2055). Claims Rep says they will be able to process claim and pay us only $100!! Can you believe it!!! Big boxes containing valuable antique pieces each of which weighing 100 lbs and 80 lbs worth thousands dollars. I asked for supervisor. Supervisor (Debra) came online, she gave the same answer and mentioned that one of the reason why they are paying $100 is because no "estimated value" was entered on the shipping label. UPS guy who came to pick up the boxes gave us the label and asked us to enter only from and to address with names, phone# which we did.

UPS lost our precious shipments and offer only $100. They cheated us. I asked the supervisor if I can talk to high up in the management chain. She said we need to call customer service. We already spend months talking to them and no use. Every time you call UPS customer service, new person picks up the phone. Looks like UPS is running a scam, losing shipments, cheating customers. I will never ever ship through UPS again. They lost our shipments, they don't have decency/courtesy to reimburse the value of the shipment!! They cheated us. PLEASE DO NOT SHIP WITH UPS ELSE YOU WILL SUFFER LIKE US IF THINGS GOES WRONG. BEWARE.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

First, they don't care about you or your shipment, or their reviews. $100 standard insurance? Sure, I'll take it. What, you want a claim? No can do amigo. 7 pictures of the package required before you sent it, inspection of the package at the receivers end, and even if they have that they'll still tell you that you didn't pack it correctly. What, you don't take 7 pictures of every package before you send them? That's not their problem. You didn't read the 20 page shipping terms of service before you dropped off your $100 package? Not their problem either. This should be a red flag that they spend so much effort in avoiding liability. They spend way more than $100 to deny a $100 claim.

If you run a business that ships parcels use someone else. I sell and ship, package arrives crushed. So, of course, the customer sends it back for a refund. Refund given immediately. UPS then tries to contact the receiver to inspect the package, which is obviously not there anymore, and they either don't answer, or tell them they don't have it, or they're not going to be inconvenienced to wait for someone to inspect a box. I would too. Since they can't inspect the package, they deny the claim. Pictures of how it looked when it arrived are not enough. Not only did my customer not get their item, I've now lost $100 and my customer isn't happy.

They treat a $100 claim like it's insurance fraud for a $500,000 house. And don't forget, it was their sloppiness or lack of care that broke it in the first place. Do they think people pack and ship packages that they don't care if they arrive in good condition or not? This is a company that doesn't stand behind their service or value the customer. It's obvious they don't trust anyone who uses their service, also known as THEIR CUSTOMERS. But they have so much business that they don't care about individuals. Costco, they are not. As a small business owner I'm too small for them to care. But it's my business at stake, so I have to choose someone I can rely on, and I would trust anyone first before UPS.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I ordered international first class shipping (more money for no reason!!!) so I should have gotten it in max 5 business days. It’s now been 10. The site lied to me saying it attempted to deliver on the original date at 9:55 pm and I was awake and no one ever showed up knocking or ringing the doorbell and they said that since I missed it, it would come the next business day but here I am 5 days later with still nothing... AND THEY WANT ME TO PAY MORE NOW because it got imported into Canada... Lol. Why not explain that in your original shipping price? Sooo now IM STUCK PAYING $120 OVERALL IN DELIVERY FEES FOR A $60 HOODIE... I called 5-6 times and they told me the driver was gonna come that day. I called 3-4 different times on different days and they said that I could give the driver a check to pay for the rest (because obviously I’m just gonna freeze that check. ** you UPS). NEVER USE UPS!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

June 2018 driver ran over my Labrador in my driveway. Considerable ($2500) damage and vet bill, as well as ruining a trained hunting dog. Local UPS people outright lied to cya. Call to insurance company for claim resulted in being told I had no claim based on what UPS local office told them. Six months later, package came via UPS for me to pick up (they are not allowed on our property) on a Wednesday. “Not here”, they told me. Called sender who verified UPS had it. Got call Friday morning telling me a package was waiting for me.

Apparently the package had been there since Wednesday per the UPS label. Since it included perishables, they are no longer usable. UPS response: “sorry”. This company makes billions of dollars every year and does so, in part, by cutting every corner, denying any responsibility for errors and hiring people in management who know that the bottom line is to make money despite poor service. It will continue until enough businesses and people stop using them. Don’t just vent on a website. Contact companies you do business with and tell them your experiences.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I shipped a stove top which was properly packaged in a brand new rated box. It was delivered and then returned due to it appearing to be broke. UPS charged me another $80.00 to ship a broken product back to me. After refunding the purchaser $400,00 and then 130.00 for shipping I am out $500.00. Never again will I be using UPS. They are a disgrace. Their inspection said I did not use a proper box. Terrible service. Never Again!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

If there is a negative 1 in the rating, that is what I would give as a review for UPS. Shipment delayed for 4 times, called them to check why the delivery is delayed, they couldn’t give me an answer. Very frustrating.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I live in Fremont, CA and they were suppose to deliver my package to Superior Court of California, Fremont in one day using UPS Ground - But they delivered it after two months and now I have double penalty from Superior Court of California - This is like I delivered a Package to China. I can say it's a WORST COMPANY AS COURIER and try some other reliable service.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Completely lost here. UPS originally had my package January 4th 2019. And for some bonehead reason they "claimed" they handed it over to USPS in Hazelwood, MO on Jan 4th 2019 @7pm... As of this post it's been 5 days and no tracking updates... USPS says they have no idea my package ever existed basically 'cause they don't have it and don't know where it is... Yet UPS website says it was due Tuesday Jan 8th delivery... IDK what the heck to believe.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I stayed home in silence to receive a package I had to sign for yesterday, and the driver never knocked or rang my bell, simply stuck a “we will reattempt” info notice on my door at 10:50 am. This morning I again checked tracking to be available for the delivery time frame. My package had been returned to sender - according the tracking info logged, I had refused the package at 8:00 pm last night! This all took place the day of the first delivery attempt. When I called UPS to express my frustration, the service agent hung up on me. This is not my first experience with UPS drivers falsifying tracking information. I suspect that UPS ignoring driver fraud to force consumers into paying a premium for “confirmed delivery window”.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have 2 packages that say delivered since Monday the 7th. They said they were delivered to my apartment office. I went to office to get and they said UPS hasn't been there all day. So I'm like ok I will wait until tomorrow because I know they are notorious for lying and saying a package was delivered when it wasn't. They usually show up the next day.

We back Tuesday and still no package. I finally called Wednesday and UPS was no help at all. They basically told me I needed to call my shippers. Why would I need to call them when it says UPS DELIVERED it? What has me so upset is that 2 of the items I ordered are now out of stock. Here it is THURSDAY and I still have no packages. Called my apartments yesterday and they still said UPS had not been in all week. So you mean to tell me out of hundreds of apartments they did not have a single delivery for any of us? In December Amazon had to give me like 6-7 refunds due to UPS's being incompetent. I really wish I had a choice not to use them but many sites do not give you a shipping choice. I can't imagine being ok with just lying daily and not doing my job correctly.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Hi name is Brenda and the UPS is the worst delivery service and they don’t have any sympathy but I am sorry. I had paid for a package 35 dollars to get to my cousin in Houston from Dallas and it was suppose to arrive Thursday. The guy assured me that it would. I check my tracking and see Friday delivery and call immediately and go to where I purchased it which was Murphy Texas. I was furious because it did not only get there on to time but I also requested a refund which the guy in the store told me I would.

Come to find out a week later he called telling me that the UPS customer service denied it. They said that they don’t cover weather issues. I was battling and asking them to refund me. I spoke to a supervisor name Mabahaw and he was rude to me and forwarded my call back to one of the people in UPS. I will Never again ship with this company. They not only don’t refund you but their mail doesn’t come Till late. Never mail or ship anything through UPS. They are garbage!!! If I can give the 0 stars I would.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

THE ADDRESS WAS ENTERED INCORRECTLY BY THE STORE CLERK. The address the clerk entered was nonexistent but the driver said he delivered the package. How could he have delivered to an address when there is no house and only an open field? After that they said they were going to investigate it. They refused to give me the details on their investigation and that they would only give us $50 for our trouble. The package sent had $350 of merchandise in it. Even though they knew it was their mistake, they refused to reconcile the situation!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

WORST SERVICE IN LIFE!! HOW THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS I DO NOT KNOW!!! I am going to stop ordering from Amazon because of UPS, their drivers steal and are lazy. UPS sucks beyond control. They do not deliver packages. They say they did when they never do and say they are delivered when they are not. LIARS AND SAVAGES!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Waited 12 hours and driver shows up across the street at 7:26 at night, heard him bs-ing with the neighbor as I was whistling and yelling out my door. All of a sudden he leaves and I get a note that I wasn't home. This idiot went to the wrong house and a week before dropped a box off at my house that was supposed to be delivered 6 blocks away!!! Don't ship UPS, go with FedEx or the black hole of the US postal service.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Customer service was not provide at all. Spoke to few reps who did updated the apartment number but they did not even try to resolve an issue. Supervisor was not reachable at all. In the end local facility lied about delivery and time sensitive package was delivered a day later. Honestly never saw such low level services. Management should work to improve customer service.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

The customer service for UPS is trash. Called them 3 times today with the promise of a "callback within an hour". What a joke. I never received a call back any of the time, hence why I called them multiple times in one day. Takes 2 business days to update shipment information?! I'm going to have to drive to pick up my package 40 minutes one way when there is a UPS store in the town I live in! Will never EVER use this "service" EVER again and will tell EVERYONE I possibly can that this company is absolute garbage.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Hopefully one day UPS will be history, I've been without AC for a week because UPS failed to deliver my package that contains the part to fix my unit. So after countless phone calls of being put on hold and getting transferred here and there with no kind of real answer as to why my package isn't being delivered, I'm just beyond aggravated at this point. So much that I actually subdued to the fact that they aren't going to deliver my package and I will have to go pick it up myself which is about a 40 minute drive one way. I wish I could give a negative star rating. I could rant for another 2 pages but it isn't going to help. Please Amazon if you read this STOP USING UPS!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

My package has been "out for delivery" for over 48 hours. At the end of their delivery day they just update it saying the package is delayed, it's already 3 days late. There is no update, no ETA and not a care given. They can't tell me if my package is coming or if it ever will show up. I have to take off of work so that I can wait 14 hours a day for them to drop the ball again. When I talk to customer service they say it's my fault for not paying even more than the 25 dollars I paid for shipping. I can't believe how much of my time I have spent quietly watching TV just waiting to hear a knock or something. How long I've spent refreshing the tracking number to see if there are any updates but UPS does not care and I don't understand how they function as a business since my experience seems to be universal for every other person using UPS.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

UPS is a disgrace. UPS have lost my package and trying to get any answers is impossible. They almost accuse the recipient of stealing the package. I have never in my life experienced such total lack of customer service. Please use FEDEX only.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Terrible website, poorly laid out, confusing, and all links take you in endless circles. Customer service offers limited options, hangs up on you, and its main goal is to keep you from getting to an agent.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

So every time I order something from Amazon and it ships with UPS they will not deliver on time and then I would have to wait another 3 to 4 days to get the notification that I have to go to the warehouse to pick it up...doing their job for them. If you can avoid them I would. Go with USPS or FedEx if you can. UPS is the worst delivery company ever.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The last several orders I have placed that has been shipped UPS it’s never on time! The tracking is a joke because they don’t update anything regularly! I’m on my fourth day of “It’s out for delivery” then at 8pm they update it and says “in transit” again. At one time UPS was the best and fastest method of shipping, not so much anymore! In my opinion they are by far the worst for residential deliveries and feels to me they have made their focus on commercial deliveries and have made the small accounts not so important.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I sent glass candle holders (value $25) to my daughter, carefully boxed and bubble wrapped. The items arrived shattered, lots of glass shards in the bubble wrap. My daughter threw them away, then let me know about the damage. After trying for two days to unsuccessfully use UPS 'easy' online claim service I called. I spoke with a very condescending agent who told me a UPS representative would have to go to my daughter's home to inspect the items and see the packaging. I explained to the agent the items and packaging had been discarded due to safety issues. He basically told me tough luck, so I asked to speak to a supervisor and was kept on hold for 10 minutes. I still have no idea if I am going to receive a refund or not. Since I sent the package through the local UPS Store, the refund, if I get one, will be sent to them. I am supposed to check with the store as to the status of my refund.

UPS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

UPS was founded in a Seattle basement by two teenagers in 1907 as a home delivery packaging service. Today, UPS is an international company that utilizes technology to make it easy for consumers and businesses to send and receive packages when and where they need them.

• UPS store: Developed in 1980 as an alternative to the United States post office, the UPS store has more than 4,700 locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Along with shipping services, the stores offer services such as printing, copying and business services, making them a convenient one-stop-shop for businesses and consumers alike.

• My UPS: Create a free My UPS account to keep track of deliveries, set preferences and receive notifications when a package is on its way. This feature is available for consumers and businesses.

• Small business solutions: UPS offers several solutions for small businesses, including help with tracking and billing, returns solutions for retailers including e-commerce businesses and timesaving technologies.

• UPS Internet shipping: Streamline the process of shipping for your business with UPS Internet shipping. This feature helps you automate paperwork, create a bill of lading for freight shipments using saved addresses and commodity information and take care of printing labels and paying for shipping online.

• UPS World Ease: Ideal for businesses that frequently send shipments overseas, UPS World Ease simplifies the process of international shipping by allowing you to ship packages to multiple recipients within one country or within the European Union as one shipment that will clear customs as a single transaction. This can speed up the shipping process greatly and make it more efficient for you to continue shipping overseas.

• Best for: UPS is best for small businesses, particularly those that regularly ship overseas or domestically.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs