2. Moving

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.91/5
Based on 3,305 ratings submitted in the last year

UPS Gallery (3)

United Parcel Service - UPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Parcel Service - UPS?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

My primary experience with UPS is deliveries from Amazon. But I have had many deliveries, over many years. Rarely, if ever, have I had a bad experience. This year, due to the pandemic, I've placed more orders than usual, with Amazon.ca. Smaller parcels they send via Canada Post, which has been a horror story this year. Larger parcels are sent using UPS. They always arrive on the scheduled date, and often before the scheduled date. The drivers ring my bell, and leave the item on my front porch. Which is as I have asked that they do, since I live in a safe neighborhood. I have nothing but praise for those guys and gals who do the deliveries, along with everyone behind the scenes who ensure parcels are sent out on time.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Everyone seems to love the fanaticism of Christmas time gifting! In so recognizing this fact in modern day America, the online shopping craze has almost fully automated our yesterdays of traipsing through traditional storefronts for unique finds, and last minute deals. So appropriately given the fact that we have to receive the goods we purchase via the internet, I introduce to you an old hat in the trenches, The United Parcel Service or also known as (aka: UPS). This oddly familiar brown chariots take the cake when it comes to a generations old trade. Their demonstrated leadership has been mirrored in other companies throughout the nation, and world over, but none are as far driven into the heart of the cities, and small towns citizenry as the gentle hand of consistency found within the United Parcel Services employees.

To note a recent observance, I of course ordered a gift for my elderly parents for Christmas. With reaching sighs of hope that they would be able to both handle, and love their much needed gift box, with a weighted blanket inside. I worried that it would arrive in a timely manner, and that they wouldn't struggle too much with getting it into the house and properly setup. Okay so to the beauty of the story within the delivery. The doorbell ring just happened to catch my mom passing the door, as she came down the stairwell. To her surprise it was the local UPS truck, doing what they do best, Timely & Friendly deliveries. So the delivery agent greeted my Mom, and told her he had a fairly heavy box to deliver to our home that morning, and asked if she needed help getting it into the door. Can you say this with me, Over and beyond the call of duty?

Over, and beyond the call of duty, an uncommon characteristic to capture, but surely it should be a common aspect in each of us to expect. Our delivery was a success, and the deliveryman gave a meager amount of his time, and energy to help get the box into the house. But the impact of his actions were viral, in that telling this story to my children, and friends inspired them to pass along an equally kind act, through demonstrated benefits of how wonderful it makes one feel to do good for others, as you would have them do to you. Well to say that characteristic was apparently natural in my parents' delivery that faithful day would be an understatement. Because each delivery was handled with care, awareness of those whom attempt to taint the good hearted delivery with thievery, by protecting its obviousness through placement in as best of an out of sight location as possible.

Every time the oddly brown old school swat looking truck is around, I am sure to give a proper mental hug, as well as friendly wave of affection to the men, and women who dare to take on the challenges before them, and exceed expectations for a constantly growing delivery demand. So if in reading this you find pleasure, the next time you come across one of these loyal transporters, extend your hand, and let them know that their service doesn't go unnoticed, and they are definitely appreciated. Here's to your day, I hope you enjoyed the read...

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

We had several packages to send to south Carolina, so we sent one by UPS and one by USPS. We found UPS to be more cost effective. We sent the final two packages by UPS, not only was the staff friendly, professional, but they checked a couple different options on how to ship to try and save us as much money as possible, not to mention they remember who we were and there was a couple of weeks since we sent the first package. To me that goes a long way and they remembered what we were shipping. Who else does that in a town of 50,000 plus people, except our small town where we live, since we are just visiting. Great job UPS.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Most internet orders that I have placed have been shipped by UPS. I haven't had too many problems, maybe 2 issues in the last 5 years. A few years back, a driver left all my packages down at my mailbox which I cannot see from where I live. I rec'd a text from a neighbor informing me there were packages at my mailbox, I immediately drove down to retrieve the packages. If my neighbor had not alerted me the packages would have laid by my mailbox for the next 24 hours. The other issue was I had rec'd a notice that UPS had delivered a package but I couldn't find it. I don't have any problems with porch piracy, I waited a few days, my package showed up several days later at my neighbors house who lives on the street behind me. Very bizarre incident.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I shipped a dozen large boxes for a cross country move. The local UPS store went out their way to ensure everything was packaged safely and securely and that I was receiving the optimal pricing. A few weeks later, I received a call from manager of the UPS store inquiring about the date the packages arrived. She had followed up on the shipment and determined the packages arrived a few days after the 'promised' date. She was calling to ask if I wanted her to file a claim, that there was no guarantee but she thought she might be able to get a portion of my cost refunded. I hadn’t paid any attention to the date the boxes arrived, and was amazed she had followed up. Since she had this follow up, I told her to go ahead and process the claim, not expecting anything one way or another. Less than two weeks later, I received a full refund for my entire shipment! This is indicative of the customer service at UPS store. Her customer service was above and beyond.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

A package was supposed to be delivered on 11-01-2021. We received a message that they couldn't reach us, even though we were the whole day at home. Then we asked for a new delivery at home. Instead, they sent the package to a service point and never informed us. A day after the package was sent back to the sender!! Amazing service. For all those cases that it is their fault, they shouldn't get paid. That is the only way to make them take their business seriously.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Management will lie and cover for derelict drivers. We have orders that are not being delivered and we are being stonewalled. Our packages are being held hostage at the Rome Georgia facility and no one seems to be able to help. We can't get a pair of shoes delivered and we have ordered more packages. Wonder if they will be undeliverable as well. It's no wonder FedEx is eating their lunch and continues to dethrone the former king of logistics.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Appalling service. Appalling service, or rather lack thereof. Item posted via a UK company to Cork, Ireland in time guaranteed Christmas delivery. No sign of item, no update on tracking reference. Inconsistent stories from staff when you eventually get through to someone. Promises of call-back within the hour that that are never honoured. When I called again to ask why I have waited for two responses, not received, I am told that the department is, already closed so the call would never have been forthcoming. I was told they do not have a section that deals with complaints and there are no senior staff in charge.

I shall be boycotting companies that deal with UPS in favour of those that use professional Couriers. This blatant disregard for clients and their customers is either a very arrogant move or a fast way to give the competition more business. It's now 11/01/2021. Still no tracking or delivery even though I've spent hours on the phone going round and round.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

The package arrived in Greece (Athens) and they never delivered it, they did not notify me, never said anything for any kind of problem for 10 days and in the end they send it back. When I shot that I contact them and they said they tried to deliver it, but the package never even came close to the where I live (Crete).

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Consistently get this crap from UPS: 1. Given delivery date. Package delayed a day. 2. Given new delivery date and time of 11am-145pm or something similar.

3. 3pm and no package. By 8pm, given new delivery date and time notification via email. 3. 1-2 days later finally receive package. Wasted time staying home waiting for package. Also, when I try to follow delivery, it just shows the truck moving around my area but never actually delivering. It's as reliable as the Dominos pizza tracker.

UPS author review by ConsumerAffairs

UPS was founded in a Seattle basement by two teenagers in 1907 as a home delivery packaging service. Today, UPS is an international company that utilizes technology to make it easy for consumers and businesses to send and receive packages when and where they need them.

• UPS store: Developed in 1980 as an alternative to the United States post office, the UPS store has more than 4,700 locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Along with shipping services, the stores offer services such as printing, copying and business services, making them a convenient one-stop-shop for businesses and consumers alike.

• My UPS: Create a free My UPS account to keep track of deliveries, set preferences and receive notifications when a package is on its way. This feature is available for consumers and businesses.

• Small business solutions: UPS offers several solutions for small businesses, including help with tracking and billing, returns solutions for retailers including e-commerce businesses and timesaving technologies.

• UPS Internet shipping: Streamline the process of shipping for your business with UPS Internet shipping. This feature helps you automate paperwork, create a bill of lading for freight shipments using saved addresses and commodity information and take care of printing labels and paying for shipping online.

• UPS World Ease: Ideal for businesses that frequently send shipments overseas, UPS World Ease simplifies the process of international shipping by allowing you to ship packages to multiple recipients within one country or within the European Union as one shipment that will clear customs as a single transaction. This can speed up the shipping process greatly and make it more efficient for you to continue shipping overseas.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team