2. Moving

United Parcel Service - UPS
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.59/5
Based on 5,417 ratings submitted in the last year

United Parcel Service - UPS Reviews

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I prefer using UPS services because it is a comprehensive professional entity. I feel confident sending and receiving packages and never had a problem at all! It is easy to track packages from the point of ordering to shipped, and delivered. Quality of service is meaningful to me and highly valued. Communication is excellent with the consumer in via ways. I especially like emails and texts! Every service is completed in a timely manner. UPS systems work! I am aware that UPS gives back to communities and serve individuals in ways to improve their quality of life. It is truly a company of authenticity and integrity! I am a proud consumer! Service excellence to humanity is UPS's goal!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I aways like UPS company for the reason if you are home and you go out to get your package from them they always respond By saying, "How is your day sir, or ma'am?" I think that is very courtesy of them and very respectful of them. Never ever had any problems with the UPS company. Every time did you deliver my package has it always put it right in front of the door or inside the door secure place. I think they're just amazing company. Pray I will continue doing business for them for as long as I live I guess.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

We had several packages to send to south Carolina, so we sent one by UPS and one by USPS. We found UPS to be more cost effective. We sent the final two packages by UPS, not only was the staff friendly, professional, but they checked a couple different options on how to ship to try and save us as much money as possible, not to mention they remember who we were and there was a couple of weeks since we sent the first package. To me that goes a long way and they remembered what we were shipping. Who else does that in a town of 50,000 plus people, except our small town where we live, since we are just visiting. Great job UPS.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I had a package delivered 3 times. Mr ** delivered it 2 out of the 3 times. Mr ** brought the package into my foyer, opened the package with me and took it back because the mirror was SHATTERED! Today (3rd delivery) he AGAIN, brought the package into the foyer and waited for me to open the package and check it. The package was in perfect condition and Mr ** was gracious enough to wait for me to get what I wanted and needed. This kind of Excellent Customer service does not happen every day. Thank you Mr **, you made my day!!!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Larry is our regular delivery driver here in Leander TX, at Apple Springs Family Dentistry. We have wanted to write Larry a review for quite some time, and just recently asked him how we go about doing so. Let's just start off with Larry's genuine personality and the positivity that he brings to the office every time he does a pick up/delivery. Larry is always moving at full speed no matter what the weather is here in Texas. Dr. ** looks forward to seeing Larry throughout the day knowing he is normally our delivery driver, except some Wednesdays when he is off. :) UPS is not a company that we thought we would begin to care about so much at a dental office, until Larry became our delivery guy. Thanks so much Larry for all you do for our practice!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I live in a Condo building. The delivery driver is supposed to dial my number on the console in the lobby. Today - and many times before this - he rang my number and hung up immediately before I could buzz him in. I ran down the hall immediately to get to the door and he was getting into his truck. He must have seen me at the door. Now I have to wait another day for him to DO THE SAME THING - BECAUSE MY PACKAGE REQUIRES A SIGNATURE. HE DOES THIS ALL THE TIME! This company is not reliable! I intend to mention this to Verizon so maybe they will select another carrier, as this one is irresponsible.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Horrible customer service. Scheduled me for a delivery between 9-1pm on Friday, I called them at 1pm because they had not come yet. Was told it would only be about 1 more hour so I waited called them at 4pm and was told they would have dispatch call me back. Dispatch returned my call at 5pm and told me that they didn't have my item yet and they scheduled me just in case they did have my item. Took off an entire day's work to wait for them. They never informed me they would not be delivering or that they didn't actually have my item yet.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Always on time, brings large packages to front door. Envelopes, with a rubber band. Sometimes delivers packages on Sunday. Never had a problem with the man that delivers my mail. Always cordial, waves goodbye, very good person.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I have Always had the best delivery service with UPS!! They are prompt, delivery is quick, the drivers that I have had are the most courteous of any company that delivers to me in the remote rural area of Montana! And...they even recognize me after hours in the grocery store, or on the street! There's a lot to be said about drivers who are that kind...especially in this world we live in today!! When I purchase online, if the carrier is Not UPS, I won't purchase from that particular company.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I receive most of our deliveries from UPS and never any issues. If I ever need to send a package, I normally go with UPS. They are economical and reliable. This includes UPS stores, always accommodating and helpful.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

UPS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

UPS was founded in a Seattle basement by two teenagers in 1907 as a home delivery packaging service. Today, UPS is an international company that utilizes technology to make it easy for consumers and businesses to send and receive packages when and where they need them.

• UPS store: Developed in 1980 as an alternative to the United States post office, the UPS store has more than 4,700 locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Along with shipping services, the stores offer services such as printing, copying and business services, making them a convenient one-stop-shop for businesses and consumers alike.

• My UPS: Create a free My UPS account to keep track of deliveries, set preferences and receive notifications when a package is on its way. This feature is available for consumers and businesses.

• Small business solutions: UPS offers several solutions for small businesses, including help with tracking and billing, returns solutions for retailers including e-commerce businesses and timesaving technologies.

• UPS Internet shipping: Streamline the process of shipping for your business with UPS Internet shipping. This feature helps you automate paperwork, create a bill of lading for freight shipments using saved addresses and commodity information and take care of printing labels and paying for shipping online.

• UPS World Ease: Ideal for businesses that frequently send shipments overseas, UPS World Ease simplifies the process of international shipping by allowing you to ship packages to multiple recipients within one country or within the European Union as one shipment that will clear customs as a single transaction. This can speed up the shipping process greatly and make it more efficient for you to continue shipping overseas.

• Best for: UPS is best for small businesses, particularly those that regularly ship overseas or domestically.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team