2.29/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

United Parcel Service - UPS

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 15, 2017

3004 United Parcel Service - UPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I have had many packages sent by vendors who require a signature on delivery. These are sometimes sent by UPS. I had no choice in the delivery method used, or the date or time of the delivery. UPS attempts to deliver when there is no one home, and a notice is left. Even when I call UPS to attempt to schedule the re-delivery, additional delivery attempts are made when I am not home. When I call to ask if I can pick up the item, I am told it will be at a location not near my house (e.g. 25 miles away at the opposite end of the city). So an item that was shipped so that I would have it on Friday Oct. 13, will not be delivered until Monday, Oct. 15. I find this delivery service to be unresponsive to my needs.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Can't think of any other company that will allow its personnel to get away with bold faced lies the way UPS does. They absolutely cannot be trusted. They promise three attempts. 1st - Waited most of the day but had a Dr's appointment @ 3 - unavoidable - driver left a notice saying re-delivery next day so I wait from 9 AM to 7 PM - driver codes incorrect address but they already put a note on my door so how can the address be incorrect? I confirm address with customer service (these people I must say are nice and do a helluva job listening to complaints but those on the consumer side aren't actually empowered to do anything).

Delivery rescheduled for the 3rd day. So I check tracking at 9 AM to make sure all is OK and wait and wait and wait. By the afternoon I call in to check for any update, but only information available is that it's on the truck (since 6:30 AM) and is out for delivery and repeatedly I'm assured it will be delivered since the address was confirmed to be the correct address etc. Wait, wait, wait, till at 7:42 PM driver claims "The receiver was not available at the time of the second delivery attempt." which is total **.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I purchased a algebra book for my college class. My class was dropped so I had 15 days from the time I received my book to send it back for my full amount of $227.91, and in which I received the book on August 30, the book was sent out through UPS on September 2. I called UPS on September 26ish to locate my book because the bookstore had not received it, which I did and it got sent over to investigation.

I called back on October 13 because UPS had not gotten a hold of me like they were suppose to and they proceed to tell me they will not refund me my money because Knetbooks received the book on the week of October 3. I'm sorry UPS you guys are a joke, you go and lose my book and now it's not your problem because it took over a month to reach its destination??? Real professional I would say. Word of advice to anyone that sends a package out, use FedEx or your local post office, they may be better at being responsible for their own actions.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I ordered some DVD headrests for my family when we head out on our first vacation together. I waited 2 weeks for delivery and on the day of delivery, they never showed up. I had them delivered to my mom's house since she is homebound. I went to check the tracking and the status was DELIVERED. I called to see what was going on, and the lady told me they were delivered to the wrong address and that they would see if they could get it back. That it could take 8 days! 8 days to decide if they are recoverable and that they would contact the seller of the product after. It's been a week, still haven't heard anything, and now we are about to head out on our vacation WITH NO product. Thanks UPS.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I ordered a very expensive computer from a PC building company in California. Everything started out well and the delivery arrived in my location on time. I called the day before and requested for me to pick it up after work because I had to sign for it. Next day I was on my way to work and I checked the UPS app to make sure everything was OK for me to pick it up later in the afternoon. I was shocked and confused when the app said "returning to sender." I immediately called UPS and spoke to a extremely rude woman on the phone that said the sender (the company I bought it from) was requesting to send it back. I said that is impossible because I have been in contact with them via email and they never mentioned anything about sending it back and I had already paid them a lot of money.

I asked her, "Why did they request this?" And she said "I don't know. I can't help you. You have to ask them." So I called the company a few hours later and they said they had no idea why UPS was trying to send it back and that they would call and get it fixed. I began calling UPS back but they kept hanging up on me. I was furious so I had to leave work and spend another 3-4 hours on the phone trying to track down my package before they sent it back. Finally I found out where it was and went to pick it up before they sent it back. Apparently UPS put the "wrong address" on the package and had no idea I was coming to pick it up so they decided to ship it back. A absolute nightmare... If I did not leave work I don't think I would have been able to get my package and could have lost out on a lot of money. UPS was the worst shipping experience I have ever had!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My son sent me some VERY important documents from New Jersey to Houston, TX on Sept 28, 5 days later, the envelope made it to Houston but for some weird reason that no one in UPS can explain, two days later, the package arrived to San Antonio!!! Then they sent it to Austin and so far they are only missing Dallas to have the Texas tour complete!!! Today is October 11 and NOBODY knows where the package is? Talked to numerous "supervisors" there and it's a proven fact: Incompetence and disinformation is a virus there and is highly contagious. That being said... if you have other options, don't hesitate... just stay away from UPS, their service is garbage and their customer service will tell you on fancy words "you'll get it when you get it".

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I have never had a problem with UPS before but after they lost my $2500 package I don't ever want one of their trucks in my driveway again. I filed an investigation which may take up to 8 business days for them to complete and after talking to customer service I've basically come to understand they can take as long as they want. To make it worse the customer service doesn't want to tell me anything because I'm not the sender, the sender has my money right now so in my eyes the package is more my problem than his.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Whenever the regular driver is away and the package is large or heavy, there is always a problem. My packages are returned to sender or dropped off at access points. In the latest incident, the tracking info scans indicate that they attempted delivery but no one was home. I now have a working camera at my front door and I can see who comes and goes and I can assure you that NO DELIVERY PERSON ever came to my doorstep when they claimed they attempted delivery. After rescanning the package over two days and never attempting to deliver again, it was dumped at an access point in a supermarket. They defeat the whole purpose of ordering online.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Someone claims they came to our business and asked if we would be closed today. NO ONE EVER came and asked us this. EVER! Someone lied. They probably just marked it down because they were too lazy. So my package that I need urgently… TODAY… Is sitting on a truck and they are UNWILLING to remedy their mistake. The woman was rude and belligerent and completely unwilling to do anything to remedy this. You've made a grave mistake.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

If UPS had an option of a zero star rating, I would rate it at that. All I have to say is that I AM MAD with UPS. I have ordered two packages off of Amazon.com that should've been delivered TEN DAYS AGO. The mailbox that UPS was supposed to put the packages in simply fell over, and for some incredibly idiotic and stupid reason, UPS isn't able to deliver a package when the mailbox is on its side. Not only that, but you'd think that when they won't deliver a package because of a mailbox problem, that they'd walk up to the people's doors to deliver. Nope. That just doesn't work with UPS. The UPS delivery guy can't just freaking bend over to put a package in a mailbox that's on its side, nor can they walk up to the house and set the package down... I AM ANGRY!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

UPS has lost a number of my packages. Can't find my townhouse out of 70 units. Can’t find my business, which is in a building over 100 years old, with the same address since 1898. If you can use USPS as they're typically able to read addresses and know where building are.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

So I ordered clothes from Fashion Nova and sadly UPS was supposed to deliver my packages. So my first package was suppose to arrive a week ago, and my second package was also supposed to arrive tomorrow but they sent me an email saying they can’t deliver my package anymore which means I have to wait another week, and I’ve been contacting them about waiting almost two weeks for a package that was suppose to take 5 days shipping, but they kept are beating around the bushes on giving me an exact respond. Since it’s my first time even buying anything online, I was excited but after this experience with UPS I’m never using UPS ever again, and I recommend anyone to not use it.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Since 31st August, till date, we have complained & enquired many time but there is no proper coordination till now. We made more than dozen visit to UPS office Jogeshwari East & asked for an immediate response to our issues we are facing. First, we were informed that our shipment is handed over to an agent, which we never authorized from our end. We were informed that we are going to receive the call. We updated all the contact information still we didn't receive any call. We called customer care numbers, we complained & many time we got disconnected in the middle of the conversation. We got penalized for no reason.

There was a huge communication gap. We submitted the hard copies of documents on 31st August, then repeatedly they kept asking for same documents. We mailed all documents to them again & again. We submitted all the documents they asked. It took more than 12 days to UPS hand over the documents to the customs agents. We got penalized for more than 12 days that means 10,000 INR per day & yet we haven't received our shipment even after paying all the charges. It's been already 4 days & we didn't receive any call or email after making payment. Now, all we need is immediate action on our case.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I bought an item from Amazon.com on 9/27/17 and paid extra for one day shipping because I needed the item for a class. Received an email from UPS letting me know that the package was going to be delivered 9/29/17 by 8 pm (did NOT happen). I then received another email on 9/30/17 from UPS with a change on delivery date to 10/2/17. Called Amazon and found out that someone shipped it as 2nd day air instead of one day shipping, then called UPS and was told that there was nothing they could do even though the package was already sitting at a UPS station about 10 minutes from my house!

After arguing with UPS for 20 minutes finally got Josh (supervisor) to agree that they had made a mistake by sending an email with the wrong delivery date. Everyone agreeing that they were sorry and totally understood why I was mad DID NOT ACTUALLY HELP!!! Now have to find the item somewhere in Houston and pay extra for it so that I can use it for my class!! This is not the first time that UPS has failed to deliver a package on time but it will be the last as far as I am concerned. I will make sure that whatever I order from now on does not go through UPS since they seem unable to deliver anything on time.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I've been tracking my package since it left Colorado. When it got to HODGKINS Illinois. The tracking stopped and it's been on the truck for the past 42 hours. Why am I allowed to do the tracking if you're not going to move the package. That many hours on same truck is ridiculous.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Absolutely the worst pickup and delivery service. Called on 9/26/17 at 2:45 pm to have a package picked up (patients blood draw for a study, blood only good for 48 hours). Was told someone would be here by 6:00 pm. Called at 5:45 pm to say package still sitting here and was placed on hold for 27 minutes to be told they could not get a hold of the driver. Was told that someone would call in 30 minutes. Was not sitting in work another 30 minutes. Called UPS 9/27/17 at 8:15 am and was told my package had been picked up. Told phone person that everyone in the office must be hallucinating, because package still sitting on desk. On hold for another 20 minutes only to be told no one was answering at the Oregon Avenue facility.

What a surprise. Does anyone ever get a live person at Oregon Avenue to answer the phone. I think that they are all mannequins or on eternal coffee breaks. Told someone would call me back by 10:00 am on 9/27/17. 10:17 and guess what no phone call. Called UPS and was told that UPS only makes one pick up a day at our facility and they had already done that at 1:00 pm. So my question was why did you schedule one for 6:00 pm if you already knew no one was coming out. Told the operator to cut the ** and give me a supervisor. I was told that a supervisor would only do the same thing she did and send another message to the Oregon Avenue facility. Lo and behold someone from Oregon Avenue finally called me around 10:30 am on 9/27/17 and guess what, she still could not tell me when my package would be picked up. She had to get a hold of the driver and call me back. 10:46 am and still no callback.

Package still sitting on front desk. Was given a direct number to call back if there was a problem. I asked if I could give it to the patient that was going to have to travel back from out of state to have the blood redrawn, because by 11:21 am on 9/28/17 the blood will no longer be viable. She told me that they could only may outgoing calls and no one could call into the facility directly. So the number you gave me is bogus???? Do they hear how stupid they are. VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER. UNFORTUNATELY the STUDY HAS CONTRACTED with them and I CANNOT USE ANYONE ELSE.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Only deliver during working hour, and only two attempts. QR code on the notice leads to an error page. The info notice doesn't always work either. Only way to track your package is then through the tracking reference given by the customer support of the expeditor. Once online, impossible to change delivery place or time without creating an account and giving personal details. But if you reluctantly do so after their second attempts, there seem to be still no other option left than to helplessly wait for the return to the expeditor?

Only offered dropping point is in another city 20-30 min away by car where the national post office would drop it in a partner shop next block (2 min walk). Makes you pay 17€ of administration fee for import taxes that were less than 3€. At least for what's regarding the Netherlands, I have literally no clue why expeditors would chose such delivery service over regular and nationwide post-offices that offer much more flexibility with no cost on the receiver side.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Ordered New Bentley Grill from California 3 day delivery on Sept. 15 2017. UPS tracking # schedule delivery by end of day Sept. 20 2017. Tracked package every day. On the morning of the 19, it was on schedule and at the Wentzville Mo. terminal 68 miles from my address. Waited all day checking, tracking but kept saying no information for that # so never came. Checked next day and package is now in Atlanta Ga. 510 miles away. Set there until the 25th and back at Wentzville Mo. delivery scheduled for 26th. Great. Finally get my front grille. Wrong. Waited on porch all day. Finally at 6pm UPS truck coming down road which dead ends 1/2 mile into farmer Alfalfa Fields. Now I have a 4 ft sign with name and address in 4" letters by driveway. The driver went by so I figured he would turn around and stop on way back since I'm the only house on the road, but no 19 minute later the truck sped by, made right turn onto main road and was gone...

Once again no delivery on 3 day service, so I figured I would just stop by terminal which is only 5 mile from my house in the morning, but at 10pm there was a knock on my door. The farmer that owns the alfalfa fields went back to finish cutting the alfalfa and saw a box on the mower thingy and delivered it. If he had started mowing it would have been destroyed. Companies need to find alternative shipping methods. UPS is unprofessional and worst service I have ever had and people need to BOYCOTT UPS!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

UPS isn't the shipper that I use unless I need to get something out quickly. UPS is very close to my area and rather than travel the extra distance to my preferred shipper FedEx, I sometimes settle for UPS.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I had paid over 100.00 for a 2 day air (Direct Delivery Only) service to have a package go from VA to OH to get there for a friend's birthday. It went from VA to WV back to VA to OH. Total time took 5 days. I bet if UPS, USPS, or FedEx was required to refund the difference of the shipping cost, it wouldn't take that long to ship a package a state away. I mean if a customer pays for a service he should get it or get a refund.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Package was set up to be sent to local UPS store. Departure scan had correct address to UPS store but driver listed could not delivery account wrong apartment number 9/18 and on 9/25. UPS store said they never received the package and computer showed the same driver was unable to deliver account incorrect apt address? I was never notified that package had been delivered to UPS store and the UPS store has also informed me that they never received a delivery. Package has now been sent back to sender and per UPS customer service cannot change shipment in transit. I will now have to wait for sender to receive package and then reorder and send to UPS store again... really. So my 4 day ground delivery is turning into 3 to 4 week nightmare or more unless they still cannot find one of their stores.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

UPS is not as good as the top rated company but usually you can count on UPS delivering on time and not much damage. Better if they handled the packages better. Don't toss the boxes that doesn't help. Their delivery trucks are noisy and driven way too fast in residential areas. Noise is way above what's allowed in Minneapolis and St. Paul. Also not a fan of companies that allow smoking in their trucks when driving.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Overall, UPS has done a great job on my deliveries. They let me know one day ahead when a package is coming (if you register on their site) which helps a lot.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

The drivers are so pressed for time s/he will get out of truck with the attempted to deliver note in hand. Even when it's an overnight medical delivery that is well marked. Living in a big old house, I must wait near the front door or miss the needed delivery. Sad but true.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

UPS will never leave a package at an apartment door (though literally every other company will), yet they insist on making their deliveries when everyone is at work. They make 3 attempts to deliver, always at the same time, and then they return to sender - you may never get your packages. I'm sick of having to chase down my packages!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I live in a smaller town, so we don't have overloads often. Our UPS is always positive and helpful. I've never received a damaged item and I have been presently surprised at the majority of our packages are received earlier than my expectations. Way to go, UPS!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I have had a lot of parcels shipped to my home. The drivers are professionals, they rings the doorbell, knocks and wait to see if I come to the door before driving off. So far, I have no complaints!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

My delivery was supposed to arrive on 22 September 2017. It never showed. Amazon updated the delivery time to Saturday 23 September until 8 pm. I waited until 2:51 pm before contacting Amazon to complain. I contacted Amazon after 5 pm to complain again. They said they were in communication with UPS and were working to resolve. I left home finally at 8:08 pm to go shopping. I get home and check the status on Amazon and it says that "delivery was attempted." What utter bullcrap... At least own up to your mistake UPS.

Due to this I will choose any carrier except UPS. Their customer service page is a joke. Don't buy stock or fund this crappy company in any way. I will never use this company for the rest of my life. I wouldn't have cared except they want to pass the blame on me. When I've been home most of the day. There aren't enough four letter words to describe my anger!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

UPS has fast delivery and I use this delivery method whenever I have any mailing needs. Especially around holidays. It would be great if there were more store locations though. Drivers are courteous whenever I have encountered them.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I really liked UPS. Their prices are lower than FedEx and when I shipped with USPS they lost both my packages. I will always use UPS when I need to ship any kind of pkg.

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Information