2. Moving

United Parcel Service - UPS

3.8/5 (3687 ratings)

About United Parcel Service - UPS

United Parcel Service - UPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Parcel Service - UPS?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: June 14, 2021

My experience with the UPS Store in has been no less than professional. They are extremely helpful and knowledgeable in their job and in communicating with people. Mr. Kay ** and his team of guys have consistently been a source of information for me throughout the years. In a world where good customer service seems to be a thing of the past it's nice to know there is a place to go to receive excellent service on a consistent basis. And I might add a nice alternative to the Post Office. From stamps to shipping and everything else in between. I am a satisfied customer. Many thanks and much appreciation to Kay ** and his team.

Original review: May 25, 2021

The Ludington UPS is OUTSTANDING!!! Our business (CountryNeighbors.com) made a strategic decision to go near-exclusively with UPS SIMPLE RATE (save AK & HI). No regrets! What is SOOO outstanding is the GREAT CARE we get from the local Ludington UPS Facility. They are all VERY helpful and, even when I arrive right up to closing time (truth be known AFTER closing ---> sometimes), they greet me with a smile. Kudos to them all at Ludington MI!!!

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I sent parcels for France (where I live) to my mother in Quebec. I had several problems at the start (with UPS France) and they finally arrived one full week after the shipment (guarantee 2 working days). I was a bit annoyed to say the least. When they landed in Montreal, things changed. I called and had people who helped me right away. And I had two person from the Customer Service who helped us speeding up the process and fully understood and acknowledged the problems we had. They even called me on my cell phone in France! Five Stars Service in Montreal, it changed everything (warm thanks to S and T).

Original review: March 24, 2021

I live on a very busy street and my UPS delivery provider went out of their way to protect my package. Thank you for going that extra step to make sure my kids have a great Easter. I have ordered many many packages and this delivery provider/person is my favorite.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

My primary experience with UPS is deliveries from Amazon. But I have had many deliveries, over many years. Rarely, if ever, have I had a bad experience. This year, due to the pandemic, I've placed more orders than usual, with Amazon.ca. Smaller parcels they send via Canada Post, which has been a horror story this year. Larger parcels are sent using UPS. They always arrive on the scheduled date, and often before the scheduled date. The drivers ring my bell, and leave the item on my front porch. Which is as I have asked that they do, since I live in a safe neighborhood. I have nothing but praise for those guys and gals who do the deliveries, along with everyone behind the scenes who ensure parcels are sent out on time.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Absolutely without a doubt the worst shipping company on the planet. Trained monkeys could do their job better. Misdelivered and lost packages, said they showed up but never did, door tag on the door while I was home...too busy to ring the bell or knock? I refuse to do business with any company that ships UPS in the future. You call in only to speak with someone who doesn't care. Unions are only good for lazy employees who don't give a darn.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Once they lost your package, they will give you a pdf to fill but to sent by mail (not e-mail) or fax, that's how they say sorry. And yeah you have to have the bills from both things you lost and transportation to give you something back!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

This is not a first time bad experience with UPS. I'm not even sure how they are still in business with how shoddy and careless they are. But I'll limit my review to the current experience. Driver arrives and the parcel is absolutely mangled. You can see they tried to "fix it" with a whole lot of UPS branded strapping tape. Driver actually slammed the parcel down on my drive (package CLEARLY labeled "FRAGILE"). Needless to say, the contents were VERY damaged. Irreplaceable item too. For the outrageous charges they have you think they'd at least TRY to respect people's property, but that's not UPS. I'll never use them OR use any services who do if I can help it. If people made a stand and boycotted them, they'd have to change or go out of business.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

They claimed they tried to deliver my package. I was home and they never showed up. My security cameras showed no proof they were there. I called customer service 3x and emailed them 2x. No show. I tried giving them driving directions in case they got lost. So far no show. No phone call. I even tried filing a complaint with Better business Bureau. They are lazy in Alabama. Florida they were reliable but since moving to alabama is the worst experience.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I wish I could do a -5 Star on this review because they are THAT BAD!!! I sent a package to Colombia through their online site, where there's no instructions that there's an invoice that it's supposed to be attached or anywhere to upload. Next day they call me and said that I need to send the invoice to an email address and give me the information on the phone, no text or email. Few days after, I go to their site to check and I found out they're returning the package without any warning.

When I filed the complaint, they simply said, they didn't receive the invoice, and I'm supposed to believe that? What proof do I have, they didn't even sent me the email address and everything was said on the phone. The package took 2 months to come back to me and after more than 30 phone calls trying to get reimbursed they finally agreed (by phone, never a written confirmation) to reimbursed me. Now I've just received a phone call saying that they're not going to reimbursed me, after they even asked for my bank details on the phone!!!! SERIOUSLY, I'M TAKING LEGAL ACTIONS NOW, THIS IS CAUSED ME NOT ONLY 340 EUROS BUT ALSO A LOT OF TIME AND STRESS.

UPS author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

UPS was founded in a Seattle basement by two teenagers in 1907 as a home delivery packaging service. Today, UPS is an international company that utilizes technology to make it easy for consumers and businesses to send and receive packages when and where they need them.

• UPS store: Developed in 1980 as an alternative to the United States post office, the UPS store has more than 4,700 locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Along with shipping services, the stores offer services such as printing, copying and business services, making them a convenient one-stop-shop for businesses and consumers alike.

• My UPS: Create a free My UPS account to keep track of deliveries, set preferences and receive notifications when a package is on its way. This feature is available for consumers and businesses.

• Small business solutions: UPS offers several solutions for small businesses, including help with tracking and billing, returns solutions for retailers including e-commerce businesses and timesaving technologies.

• UPS Internet shipping: Streamline the process of shipping for your business with UPS Internet shipping. This feature helps you automate paperwork, create a bill of lading for freight shipments using saved addresses and commodity information and take care of printing labels and paying for shipping online.

• UPS World Ease: Ideal for businesses that frequently send shipments overseas, UPS World Ease simplifies the process of international shipping by allowing you to ship packages to multiple recipients within one country or within the European Union as one shipment that will clear customs as a single transaction. This can speed up the shipping process greatly and make it more efficient for you to continue shipping overseas.

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Information