United Parcel Service - UPS

Compare Shipping Companies

Research top Shipping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered a baby swing from Walmart. When my tracking info was sent out I was keeping up with it. Thankfully the day of the delivery EVERYONE was home 4 adults 3 children and a dog that barks loud enough for all to hear her once my door bell rings. Anyways my package showed DELIVERED on Saturday August 12, 2017 at 11:53 am... no doorbell was rung no nothing. They claimed to have left my package at the front door. How could you leave it without ringing the door bell. I looked outside at about 12:30 when my mail man got here and there was no package there.

UPS is gonna tell me that I can call Walmart and request a replacement. EXCUSE ME they didn't lose my package you did. Either your stupid driver can't read an address and took it somewhere else or because his lack of sense and didn't ring my doorbell result in theft. Either way I hate UPS because this isn't the 1st or 2nd time this is happening and nothing became of it. I would rather ship my items with FedEx or do store pick up but UPS is a bunch of crap.

I had a package delivered for my kids' clothes for school. Paid extra for a sign delivery requirement. Not only did my package not get delivered to the right address driver decide to let someone else sign for the package who was not on the list of delivery. I believe what happened was my package was stolen by the employee. Not only I'm out of my money but my kids don't have any school clothes. As a single mother this really break my heart I have to tell my kids this. I will never in my life use UPS ever. With my English not being the best I was disrespected by the staff in the Orlando office.

Would not help resolve an issue that reappeared after extensive efforts 3 years ago, when an odd address appeared on my account and I at least, with the help of the Maumee, Ohio dispatcher and an accommodating drivers combined to save the day. Now, with your new service rules, your service has ruined our family get together. I will not use UPS again if at all possible.

When the package was being delivered, the delivery man did not even attempt to ring my doorbell and instead stuck the "Sorry we missed you" notice to my car two days in a row. Both days I was home, waiting for the package, and have now wasted a considerable amount of my time. Additionally the customer service options at UPS are terrible and it is near impossible to speak with a real person.

It's been incredibly hot here in Florida this year. I ordered an AC window unit because my CA went down. It was due today, but last night after sitting in Jacksonville for 12 hours was delayed. The reason being "Power outage". Online you can check power outages for Jacksonville. There were NONE affecting UPS in the last 48 hours. Real time tracking mind you as well as 7 day power outage history. So they lied, arrival delayed with no new date. They ship my package at 10am to Orlando. Which they have to literally drive within 6 miles of my home to even get there via trucking route.

Paying for a guaranteed delivery date and it's coming late? WORST shipping company I have ever experienced. Will never order from JCPenny again because they use UPS. Will never buy from an online retailer that uses UPS and will NEVER EVER ship UPS. Every time they've come in the past to deliver, never a door knock or door bell ring. This is the final straw. They deserve to go out of business!

Shipment Details, Tracking Detail: "Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 08/10/2017." Status: "In Transit: On Time", Scheduled Delivery: "08/10/2017", Shipped To: "DELAND, FL, US". Now the current... Scheduled Delivery: "Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later". Last Location: "Arrived - Orlando, FL, United States, Thursday, 08/10/2017". INCOMPETENCE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

The Management at this location sees fit to send out its drivers without labels for pickups. Thus preventing the Driver from making his duly appointed rounds. I spent all day August 7th for a pickup to only have the Driver blow me off. After a complaint and a return to my location - the Driver stated... "they sent me out without labels this morning from the Depot." I then requested a "first thing in the morning" pickup for the very next day (from the Operations Manager). She REFUSED to make it up to me and proceeded to hold me hostage for another full day on August 8th. The driver finally arrived at 7:43 PM to pick up my package (and deliver another) and I refused BOTH. The second driver stated he would have been at my location at 9AM if Operations would have instructed it. I will no longer voluntarily use UPS, only FedEx.

First delivery attempt I was gone. Delivery driver left a note about an access point. Got to the Access Point (a 20 min drive from my house), and it was a gas station in a strip mall that didn't look like it had been updated since it was built in the 60's, and not in a good way. Empty overgrown lot next to it, old busted cars everywhere. Clearly a low-rent area. (A friend of mine who grew up in that area later confirmed that it was the worst neighborhood in that part of town.) I went into the gas station to find out how to pick up my package. She pointed me to the *outside back wall* of the gas station (no windows), where there was a wall of lockers and an access screen. My ID was required, so I was holding my wallet. I felt like I was alone at an ATM (a 100-lb. single woman) in the worst possible neighborhood, where no one inside could see me.

My package hadn't been delivered to the location yet, so I called them and asked to not have my package delivered there, as I didn't feel safe going back to that neighborhood. Then, after asking them to deliver it back to my home, they said it would take another 2 days because it had to go back to the hub first. Ok. So I waited most of the new scheduled day of delivery, but couldn't wait anymore, as I had an appointment. So I left a note on my door asking the UPS driver to drop off my package at the apartment complex rental office. I then attempted to contact UPS to ask them to send a message to confirm with the driver officially that I wanted them to drop it off at the office so they didn't have to come back and I didn't have to go to the hub. They hemmed and hawed and said that it's up to the driver. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they put me on hold for 5 min, and then the same person came back on the line!

They told me to mark my preferences on my online account, which also wasn't working for me. They told me to create a new account and then call back. By the time I called back, the status of my package had changed to attempted delivery, and they didn't leave it at the rental office, but when I called the rental office, they had left other packages, just not mine. I will never use UPS again. Complete incompetence.

I called customer service to request an estimate for when my package would be delivered and found out after working with a customer service rep for about 45 minutes on the phone that in order to access the GPS live map technology that UPS has developed to track delivery truck locations, I would need to pay for a $40/year premium membership. So my choice are: wait for 12 hours (6:30am - 8pm) for my package to arrive, with no information about an estimated delivery window or time, or pay for "premium" service, which I actually consider to be a basic customer service from a shipping company. Similar to the unbelievable price gouging of airlines charging fees even for overhead bin space, UPS is creating policies such as this that take basic services and turn them into chargeable "premium" services. 0 stars. Terrible policy.

Ordered something from Cambridge Ontario to London this last Wednesday, I guess the order wasn't filled until Thursday but it was one day standard service which the company I was ordering from assured me was fine as I was willing to pay for expedited. I mean, Cambridge to London. No biggie. They send me a message saying to expect it before end of day, yeah as everyone expected. Instead I get another email saying that they have no idea when it will arrive. Which is parcel code for it's Friday before a long weekend and we don't give two tugs about you.

Now I will be LUCKY if I see my package on Tuesday, an entire week later. FROM CAMBRIDGE. I mean, first world problems but a bicycle carrier could have done better. The reason I am writing this is because this isn't the first time I have dealt with their nonsense and total lack of regard for the customer. I mean, the Canadian postal service is friendlier and they don't technically have to be nice to you. I will never order anything important if the only option is UPS which in Canada really hinders your options.

I had to get my package today and it was really important but I didn't. Even though I was home today and didn't go to work, the carrier didn't bring my package. They said there was a delivery attempt at 4:02 but no one rang my doorbell. Why??? UPS is a terrible carrier because they are too lazy and they are not good at what they are supposed to do. I wouldn't even give UPS that 1 star.

This morning UPS man ring my phone to open door at apartment. I tell him, "Ok I let you in the door." So I go to front door, he take off, resident saying well he listen to me when I say I open door, but he don't wait 1 minute and take off. This must be a new UPS driver because the regular driver is so great!!! Wow, I am so mad. I need this delivery now.

I ordered two items I need for my college courses, and I needed them for tomorrow. The items were delayed by Amazon due to volume, which is understandable. Sitting on the couch which is close to the door, no knock and no doorbell sounded. The "Undeliverable" sticker was on my mailbox around 5 pm, which is located inside the building, right next to my apartment door. I called the number on the Info Notice form, and they connected me with someone who deals with my area but they said the driver would not have it at the location near my apartment until tomorrow, which is too late.

After I complained that I need the items tonight, not tomorrow. After that, they said I could meet up with the driver and obtain what I need. I tried that, but every time I got to the location he was at, he was no longer there. I drove around to every location they requested me to go to, for about a half hour, until I gave up. It was at least 5 different attempts. I called her back and she then told me to come pick it up at a location 20 minutes away. I received another call saying the driver would not be at that location tonight, so I would have to wait until tomorrow again. After yet another complaint, they finally called me back saying that they were making the driver return to the location 20 minutes away tonight at 8 pm. Very disappointed with this.

I asked UPS to come to my house to pick up a package. The package is time sensitive so a prompt pick up would've been awesome. Instead they never came. I called UPS and someone called me back and said someone will pick it up by 9pm. This was yesterday 8/2/17. No pick up. Very unhappy with them. I tried to cancel the pick up but UPS already kicked it out of the system. A double not happy. Now I have to find a drop off point since it has to be UPS.

I have always had great experiences with UPS. Always. The only thing that I have experienced is friendly, and courteous drivers. They leave your package at the door with instructions indicated and either knock on the door, or ring the bell to let you know that your package has arrived. I also then get a text message. I have lived in single family homes and apartment buildings, and it is the same service no matter what. In fact in secure buildings, the managers will give the UPS drivers a key to the front door so that they can come in and make their deliveries.

Not so of FedEx. The FedEx drivers don't want the responsibility, or to do that much work. They would just rather leave packages in the mail room. At my single family home where I currently live, I have instructions for my Sunbasket delivery to be left in the front entry way of my home. The door is never locked, and it keeps my food out of the sun and heat if I am not home when they deliver. Do they do that? No! All they have to do is open the door and put the box inside. Instead, they leave it on the front stoop right in front of the door, so that I have to push the box out of the way with the door to get it open and get my box. And, they NEVER knock, or ring the bell to alert me that they have left my food! Even after repeated complaints. Sunbasket is bringing on UPS to deliver and I CAN'T wait! I am so happy that UPS will be delivering my food soon instead of FedEx.

Used to have an account with UPS as a small business but stopped that long ago. 5 extra charges for pick up just wasn't sitting right. Fee for accessing account on the internet, residential fee, rural surcharge, and fuel surcharge, No surcharge via USPS. I go out of my way to ship other than UPS, but unfortunately one of my vendors made the mistake of shipping a box UPS. The order total was only $75.10 but shipping was $78.02. Since shipping is not calculated until the parcel is shipped, I was not aware of the shipping cost until I noticed I am now overdrawn in the checking account. How in the world can you justify this charge? Hell even Alaska shouldn't have been this much!

Day 1 product company want a signature but the driver circles the box for me to check that says "sign the back and we will leave the package the next business day". Day 2 still no package and writes he was unable to leave the package because nobody was home. I call customer service to see what can be done and tell a supervisor the mistake the driver made and he says "someone will call you within the hour so we can send out another delivery tonight". 4 hours later I get a call saying all the drivers are on their way back and nobody will be able to deliver. They have made no attempt to make this right in any way. Never again will I use UPS or buy product being shipped UPS.

I shipped my laptop through UPS 2 days shipping from USA to India on June 16, 2017 and I suppose to get it on June 20, 2017. It is almost 45 days (Aug 2nd, 2017) now. It is still in India custom clearance. Initially I was told that India custom clearance EDI software was not working and it will be cleared in 1 or 2 weeks. I have been calling India UPS office every 2 to 3 days once and the response was that it will be cleared in few days. UPS did not say anything about delay in India custom clearance software issue. But it looks like the problem solved and still they are saying they will clear in few days. Past one month when I call UPS India customer service they are saying the same.

I got one of the UPS India officer number and contacted him directly past few weeks and he is also saying the same that he will clear in a week. I did called USA UPS office and complained and they said they will start investigate that on July 13th 2017. But till now no response for that. Since it is my office laptop and I have been telling the UPS customer service that I have to use it for my work and return it back but nothing is happening to deliver my package. I am totally stressed out and I almost called 40 to 50 times Indian UPS office also. I am not sure whether I can move legally for compensation.

This is so unprofessional in my opinion. I been waiting for my package for three days now. I even called out from work to be at home waiting for the delivery and when I go online it states no one was home in which it’s a huge lie because I haven't left home and no one knock on my door at all. And the more I try to be flexible with UPS delivery person the more they won't come up the stairs and knock so I can get my important package.

I don't understand how can they lie on their scanner system saying another attempt was made and no one was home when that didn't accrued at all. It’s their job to drop off and make deliveries on a timely manner whether they like it or not but to lie about such it’s beyond disturbing. Calling UPS hasn't help me one bit at all. It’s the same run around situation am getting. Not professional at all. This is so bad for business. What a letdown. My important urgent package is being toss around like it’s a game. Totally furious with UPS employees and all.

I had UPS Store 1767 in Garden City, Idaho pack a painting valued at $352.00. I paid $60 shipping. And insured the painting for $300.00–the amount I sold the painting for to a dear friend in Santa Cruz, CA. The painting was damaged by an UPS employee in shipping. I have given them a copy of the customers check and they refuse to pay out the insurance claim. I sell over one hundred paintings annually and they all sell for $1.10 per square inch. The painting in question was 16" X 20". I have contacted UPS over twenty times. They refuse to pay me the insurance even though I paid to insure the produce.

My returned parcel was to send back to Zara in Breinigsville PA on the June 27th. The return process was simple as placed return label on the box and dropped off at the UPS Store in Fort Lauderdale which near where I live. Then I waited for about 2 weeks and got suspicious why I had not received a refund from ZARA. When I started to check the tracking status, the parcel was last tracked on June 28th at Lauderdale Hill. When I called up the customer service asking about the tracking, the person insisted I have to go down to the drop off store to find out rather than started an investigation right away. So I did as told as the person said couldn't do anything else. Of course I looked so silly at the Fort Lauderdale UPS store asking them what happened to my package. The store would not keep any parcel. All parcels for the day all went to the driver.

I called up customer service the 2nd time, and unprofessionally asked me silly question again if I dropped off at UPS store. Well, if I didn't, how am I able to see when and where was the last scanned status? So they started investigation on the July 17th. Till date, July 31st, no one had given me a call update me where my package is and my tracking status remained as "We're attempting to verify the package location. / Lost package investigation" since July 17th.

I shipped a few packages from Fort Lauderdale to Columbia MD at the beginning of July. One of the package was my 50 inches tv. My wife bought it to me as a gift so it has special meaning to me. Before I brought the tv to UPS store, I used bubble wrap, foam and box from its original shipping package to reduce risk and also paid insurance coverage. Despite all the efforts I made, the tv was still trashed by UPS' unprofessional service. The tv screen was cracked and unplayable. I've attached photos of how the tv was packaged so you can see how hard it will be to break it: there is sign on box to inform shipper which side should be up, there were thick foams and bubble wraps around the whole thing to reduce heavy impacts. But all of those will be in vain if UPS can't handle their business right. I'm still waiting for their reply regarding how they want to address this issue, but according to my experience so far, I doubt if the process will be easy.

UPS? Horrible Company= Horrible Service? You guessed it! If you want delayed, damaged or lost goods, see them. They really don't give a flying fart. FedEx is far superior in every way, shape and form. If that's important, see them instead. No I don't work for FedEx, and never would for UPS. I'm just another customer with a long history of bad experience with UPS. What I don't get is why would any company concerned about their PR wanting their product delivered in good condition in a timely fashion for repeat business from buyers- ever use UPS? Maybe they're just as irresponsible? Maybe switch your supplier too if you're a buyer seeking better service? Here's a comparison sample though. I ordered 2 parts same time from Summit Racing for a car. Fex delivered one in pristine condition next day. Still waiting several days later for the part from UPS. Does that tell you anything?

I would rate my United Parcel "Service?" experience minus stars if that were permitted. I updated my internet plan from Verizon Fios and they were to send me a newer router which I was to install myself via UPS. I received an email from Verizon with a UPS tracking number so that I was able to follow the progress of the delivery. A day later I noted from checking the tracking number at UPS.com that the package had arrived at the delivery location and was on a truck for delivery that day.

At around 5:18 pm a ** UPS delivery van parked in front of my residence and after a less than a minute pulled away. I immediately went to the door and there was no package. Five minutes later I received another email from UPS indicating that a the package had been left at my front door at 5:19pm. I called UPS 800 number and told them that the package had not been delivered and telling them that a van had parked in front of my residence but drove off and asked why the driver would indicate that he had delivered a package that he obviously did not. I was informed that they would investigate and return my call within an hour. Someone from the local delivery station did return my call and stated that the driver had already gone home and that he would try to find out where he did leave my package the following day.

My question to her was why the driver stated he delivered the package when clearly he did not, at which she became rather irritated. To protect my own interest I then visited my local Police dept and filed a report. I then called the UPS support number explaining my entire encounter to them at which time they indicated that they would open an investigation and that someone would call me the next morning. I specifically requested that I no longer wished to talk directly to anyone from the local delivery station in lieu of my previous conversation.

The following day I received a call from a local number asking me explain the entire problem again. I told them that I already explained the problem a number of times and asked what the purpose of her call was at which point she told me have a nice day and hung up. Personally I would rather crawl on my hands and knees across the Mojave Desert to deliver a package than to ever use this company.

I packed and shipped beer from Vermont to my home address in Texas. I have never had an issue with this. No one has ever asked me what was in the box. I have done this for 5 years. Today, I find out it's against policy. Ok, sorry: won't do it again. I get a notice that somehow, my package was discovered to have alcohol and that it was destroyed. I call Corporate. They cannot tell me how alcohol was discerned nor can they verify it was destroyed. I call the Fort Worth Center. They can't tell me how it was discerned, and they can't understand why I would want proof of the destruction of the contents. Corporate can't figure it out either, because there is paperwork that goes with each of these steps. Bottom line: Forth Worth is lying and not following policy. Do not trust them with anything you value.

My package was supposed to arrive on Wed. 19th, from Amazon. It did arrive... but to a completely different address! Instead of it being delivered to my address, UPS delivered it to a completely different city. It is absolutely ridiculous that there was a confusion. The street name of both cities was the same, but the home address and city was entirely different. Someone was not paying any attention to what he/she was doing. I'm bummed because I leave for a vacation tomorrow and do not have the things that I needed. Guess I should have just went to a store and made the purchase. Too late now!

I have now had several items arrive via UPS in damaged boxes, missing pieces that fell out, cut open (in one case slit open with an Exacto blade RIGHT THROUGH the notice on the box stating DO NOT USE SHARP OBJECTS). They were pillows, slit right through to the cloth. An air conditioner shipped for Sears had been dropped and cracked right through to the freon tubing, which failed. Shipping envelopes are ripped or shredded, heavy cardboard busted open, etc. etc. They never give an opportunity to refuse delivery of these items as they drop it on the porch without knocking or ringing the bell. It is as though they are angry at having to actually ship anything and take it out on the parcels.

Never ship anything valuable, it will get "lost." And filing for insurance is almost impossible. It seems the more you insure for, the more likely it is that the item(s) will get "lost," like a sign saying "this is worth stealing." I don't know why any company would continue to use their services, unless they're offering bargain basement pricing to the big online retailers and the retailers keep the balance of premium shipping costs paid by customers. They get worse every year.

UPS Numerous times has had explainable delays in the delivery of parcels. The most recent one, still in transit, has been delayed another 3 days at present. When I called the service center to find out why my package stopped being processed, they explained that their hub had a lot of packages that were not processed and I would just have to wait, like the numerous other customers who were not receiving timely delivery. The representative did confirm that 2-day transit had been selected, however it will take approximately 5 days according to their rescheduled delivery to take place at this time. I have had this issue with UPS services numerous times and they are simply not rendering services paid for, and do not seem to want to correct any issues in this regard.

I ordered some stuff which was to be delivered on 1/17/17, I was home at about 11:20 AM, but the UPS driver did not ring the door bell. He just left the I missed you slip outside, and I have since been trying to get package redelivered without success. It's now 6:39 pm Thursday the 7/20/17 and still not delivered. I THINK THIS IS VINDICTIVE AND DELIBERATE!

I have been having dialog or at least trying to have dialog with the customer service representatives as they call themselves, that should actually change, because they are not. I have spoken to multiple customer service representatives supervisors and a manager with no resolution. The representatives are absolutely unprofessional. I've had a manager raise her voice at me and have the gall to tell me that I live close enough to the drop off point they left my package, so it shouldn't be a big deal me going there to retrieve it because she used to live on the block, (Kiahara Newark dispatch area). During my many calls they constantly left me on hold for extended periods, before I'm transferred to another Rep. When I requested a supervisor I was to put me on hold for 28 minutes.

Jerry a supervisor from their New Jersey or some other location is absolutely totally awful, he gives attitude and tries to over talk you, does not listen to anything you're saying. I was also transferred to another supervisor (Sara) who had no clue what she was relating to, telling me my package was in California and even when I kept insisting she had the wrong information, she kept going on and on, quite clueless and unprofessional. The whole bunch of UPS staff, they need actual training in customer service not robotized rude training. These employees really need to learn some manners and how to treat their customers.

Yesterday my husband received an email from UPS stating his package was delivered. Item wasn't supposed to go out until after Aug 4th, along with appliances as it's a home under construction at present. My husband spoke to someone named "Zed" at UPS and she assured him UPS would never leave any package at an unoccupied home under construction due to "liability issues". She also said she had no way to contact the driver (this seems hard to believe!), which is ridiculous!! The new home is over an hours drive each way and this notice came in at 6 p.m. My husband will follow up with UPS today to see why the package was left when the UPS Customer Service rep told us under no circumstances that it would. She said the UPS driver would return it to the depot in our city (Ottawa) where we could then pick it up.

UPS needs a much more effective communication system in order to contact the drivers when issues such as this arise. We were VERY FORTUNATE the design centre rep at the new build site went over (after hours from her OWN home!!) in the same town and retrieved the package (LEFT SITTING ON THE PORCH) for us before it was stolen! Now we have to take the time out of our day and drive over an hour each way to our home under construction and retrieve the package from the design centre there (and bring that lovely lady some flowers for going out of her way to retrieve our package). YOU NEED TO REVISE YOUR COMMUNICATION SYSTEM UPS, NOW THAT WE'RE IN AN INTERNET ERA!

I placed an order to Target that I was suppose to receive on Friday. The driver stated that I refused the package. I am appalled, how can I refuse a package that I never receive. Then UPS sends the package back to sender. No apologies, no accepting responsibility. No nothing. What kind of business is this. The drivers damage merchandise. They have a choice to not deliver if it's Friday night and they want to go home early. This is crazy. The worst service ever.

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Profile