1.83/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4082 United Parcel Service - UPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

This is really unbelievable, UPS is the worst company ever. Why do I have to pay 18000php or almost 360 dollar to get the package for me. This is crazy. It was paid by the sender so why do I have to pay again?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I live in a small town and get the same delivery driver. She is efficient, friendly and a definite asset to this company. Most of the time the deliveries are around noon, so I am always home. I eat before that so my lunch isn't interrupted. She uses the buzzer to be let into the building, so packages are not left at the apt. door.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

This is my second experience with UPS Canada. Both time, the same story. I ordered some supplements from iHerb Canada but they were actually shipped from US by UPS. I did not receive the supplements and started tracking. I discovered that my package was in Mississauga for one week but I received no e-mail or message. I called Customer Service and they told me that they needed my Power of Attorney to release the package from Customs. I sent the power of Attorney immediately but even 7 days after, the package is still with UPS Canada without any news or date of delivery. Totally incompetent, unprofessional and lousy company. I will never deal with them even I have to pay double for the shipping.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

For a company that is in the delivery business, why can’t they find addresses. USPS, Amazon and FedEx have no trouble. We get packages all the time from other shippers. Tonight we were advised our packages (2) were delivered. We checked both front and back doors. No packages. Went up to mailbox on street, 600 yards from house and there they were. If we weren’t home we never would have gotten them, someone on the street would have. This is how the Jacksonville UPS service delivers. We even received a UPS shipment, NOT UPS Surepost, in our mailbox. I thought that was illegal. What has happened with UPS. No wonder Amazon delivers most of their own packages. These shipments were from Costco and Amazon. Unbelievable.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I ordered a package for Halloween. It was delivered to wrong address because the driver did not pay attention to the address on the box and delivered it to a vacant house in which the package was taken from. I was supposed to receive a package today 11-15 2018 at 5:41 p.m. at the front door. Again package is not at my front door. I was at home all day expecting this package and to get notification it was delivered and I'm sitting outside at that time smoking a cigarette and no UPS truck anywhere in sight.

It's pretty sad when two packages are missed, dropped in less than a month because somebody doesn't know how to do their job of reading a box stating the correct address. Even in the computer it has the correct address but the driver seems to not realize what road they are on and deliver packages I guess wherever they feel like. Do not use UPS even if you have to drive 5000 miles just to pick up a package it's worth $0.02. Trust me. I will never use UPS for anything again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Wasn’t home (Tuesday) when they tried to deliver my shoes. Received a note on my door it will be delivered next day. Waited all day (Wednesday), shoes were never delivered. Call customer service that night. I was told they will be delivered next day. As of 5 pm (Thursday) no delivery. Called UPS, they have no clue where my shoes are. This is unacceptable.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I shipped an item back and printed my own label and was charged one amount. After it was delivered UPS tried to charge me an additional 15.60. They said it was because the address was wrong (company that I shipped to has not moved in 40 years) so I called UPS and they corrected the billing. How many don't call? Be careful and monitor your credit card!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

UPS was always a dependable company but this last time was a nightmare. I order a $1500 guitar from a company 200 miles from where I live. I instructed UPS to deliver it to our UPS store 1.5 mile away. They gave me a date of delivery. Well that date came and went and no guitar. I called customer service but that was a total waste of time. They could not even tell where my package is! They had a status of pending to the UPS store location when I check their site. Otherwise they kept telling don't worry it is either on a truck or waiting to be shipped out. The next thing I get is a call from the company I bought the guitar from telling did I not want the guitar? I said, "Yes I do, what do you mean." They said UPS just deliver my guitar back to the store!!! The owner is sending overnight FedEx and I'm getting accurate updates and it is on its way! I can't believe that UPS screwed this up so bad not to mention their terrible customer service.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I had to spend 1 hour travel today to track down a small package that should have been delivered to my door. The manufacturer had to sent me a replacement part for a furniture I purchased. It was tiny little screw less than 3 cm. I waited and didn't receive the item. I used the tracking info and was horrified to see that the item was delivered to an access point and that I have until the 15th to pick it up or it'd be sent back to the manufacturer. When I went to the access point, the guy at the counter was condescending, saying I should have been checking my tracking information all the time, when clearly UPS had failed to give me a notice.

I asked him why the parcel wasn't delivered to my address, wondering perhaps the sender didn't put down the right address. He said, "No, it was meant to be delivered to my address." And that the driver either think it was unsafe to leave the item or my landlord took down the notice because it was unsightly, or that the parcel requires a signature.

These claims were completely BS. When I looked over the tracking details, it appeared that driver attempted delivery on Thursday afternoon around 2 pm. Our building has 24/7 concierge and the property management is also open during this time. How would this be considered "unsafe" to leave the parcel? He could have asked someone for direction to the mail room and the item could have easily fitted into the mailbox (which can only be accessed by me with a key). On top of that, my building is not a rental property, so there is no "landlord" who would try to take down my notice, and no this particular parcel did not require my signature.

What's more interesting when I looked at tracking record closely, on the day of "attempted delivery", the location indicated it was at a city 1 hour drive away from my actual address. So it would appear the driver totally went to the wrong address to begin with, so probably the notice was left at a random address there? Really not impressed. Will not consider this service again.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Had a message appear when tracking an incoming shipment. It said incorrect address although the address on the label was right. Called them and agreed to pick it up myself. Went next day to pick it up. I was shocked to find out that they put it on a truck and shipped it to the so-called incorrect address. I called again and complained and asked them to forward to another address and paid the extras. Again they attempted a third time to deliver to old address. Called another time and I was told they were holding it for pick up. It appears the feedback/requests from customer are queued in a sequential way. The messages are dispatched late in the process. So they started processing my comments 4 days after the package was returned by truck driver following three attempts to old address. It has been a nightmare. Can't pick it up and can't get it to my new address. Do not ship with UPS. It is not flexible to do business with them.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I just had to write a review after having the last bad experience with FedEx I will ever let myself have. UPS is immeasurably, infinitely better than FedEx, and really any other shipping service I have used. I suspect the reviews are low because shipping is complicated across the board and also most people don't take the time to write reviews unless they are really mad. UPS is always competent, never lies about what's going on, and rectifies mistakes promptly. I always prefer UPS, namely over FedEx and USPS. I've even started to filter the companies I shop from based on if they contract with UPS.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Last week me and my wife and son traveled from Philippines to Thailand. When we arrived at the Philippines airport we realized we left my wife's suitcase at the hotel. There was no time to get it before our flight so we decided to go ahead and we will have it couriered over the next day. I called a friend I know staying in Pampanga, Philippines. He retrieved our suitcase took it home then called UPS. He filled all forms online and was told (online) that the pickup schedule was 9:00 next morning so he waited all day. No pick up the next day he called them direct. They promise to pick it up next day. When the driver finally arrived he was told he had to print out his application from the online process so they promised they will be back next day 9:00. He printed all the forms the next day. No show so late in the afternoon he called them up. He was told their truck broke down they will get there 9:00 pm that eve. still no show.

Finally on the next day they came picked it up. He had to pay some cash 700 (approx 15 USD) and was promised it will arrive at the address we were staying at in 2 days. This was a big relief because that suitcase had all my wife's clothes and personal things in it. He also gave me the tracking number and emailed me a copy of the receipt. I pre-paid for the shipment (Approx 150 USD.) then 2 days later we get a call here in Thailand from the UPS office in Bangkok. The guy at the other end of the phone spoke no English. Lucky for me I had a Thai friend who could talk with the UPS guy. We were told our suitcase had arrived but before they can finish delivering it I had to go to Bangkok (about 3 hours by private car) to show my passport for customs... I was never told this at all.

I was promised it would be delivered direct to the hotel I was staying but I thought at least we have our suitcase so I hired a car 200 USD for the day asked my Thai friend if they can come with me for translation and off we went. Then when we finally found the UPS cargo office the guy says I have to pay another 3000 Thai Baht Approx 90 USD and they want my passport then they will deliver in 3 days. I was very upset at that point. I was actually willing to pay the 3000 baht but I did not want to trust them with my passport. I asked, “Can I go to customs with you so I can keep the passport on my person.” They said all impossible. The UPS guy called his boss then I was told I could keep my passport but now it was going to cost an extra 7000 Thai Baht (approx 200 USD).

I tried to explain I had already paid in Philippines was supposed to be delivered to my hotel, the UPS guy just said, “I do not understand Thailand and that is how it works here.” I said I Know I do not understand. That is why I hired UPS to do all this logistics for me. And if this was the procedure why was none of this told to us in Philippines beforehand. It was really triggering red lights in my head. I surely was not going to leave my passport. I’m thinking when they do deliver they could ask some scary amount and not give me my passport until I paid. So we decided to cut our losses and we give up and still no suitcase. I guess we will have to go shopping buy my wife all new clothes tomorrow. Thank for nothing UPS!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

He rings at the door and then runs away every time like the door is contagious... and sends me a message that I was not at home that day so they could not deliver my parcels. Every time the same scenario... and when I complain and he comes for a redelivery he argues with me, raises his voice and tells me that he will not deliver my parcels if I complain. Well, I will complain because he is offering the worst parcel delivery service in the universe. Why I have never complained from Post Denmark, DHL, FedEx, DPD, etc... never, not once... and with UPS every delivery is a torture. From now on I will send a note to all my suppliers on Amazon that they SHOULD NOT USE UPS when they send a delivery my way. They will get the message :)

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Nothing more to explain. UPS is the worst delivery service in this whole world. I was supposed to receive a package 3 days ago. I don't know what the hell happened, all of a sudden the package went to some other state/city and then again the estimated delivery time was increased by 3+ days. So far, the package has not yet been delivered. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS IS HAPPENING!!! WORST! WORST! WORST! UPS IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I sent a package to a client overnight and pre-paid for overnight delivery back. The package coming back to me was sent out on Friday for Saturday delivery by 10:30 AM. 10:30 came and went. Kept waiting for the package. I checked on the tracking and tracking indicated it was at the UPS facility about 15 miles from me. I suddenly notice that the delivery was for Monday!!! What??? I called UPS' 800 number. They said it would not be delivered until Monday and there was nothing they could do. So I said I wanted a refund since they can't deliver it as promised. Again, the answer was no. What?? I pay for overnight delivery, you can't deliver it for 3 days and now you're not going to give me refund??? What a rip off. I will never use UPS again for business or anything else and I will tell everyone my horrible experience at every chance I get.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

UPS is in a freefall. You pay for a package to be delivered to a destination but they do not even try. No Failure to delivery note. Packages are placed on locations that seems to be operated by subcontractors for the receiver to go to pick the package. No first attempt, no second attempt, no third attempt to deliver. Contacted customer service and they had the balls to say that that is an extra service putting the package in a near location to be picked up. People pay for at the door delivery. In store pick up option should be free like Walmart, Home Depot, and Lowe's do. UPS never ever again.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We moved to the new house and didn't had a chance to change address on DL, ordered package and it's coming through UPS. I am not home (truck driver), my girlfriend isn't able to pick up that package since she needs letter from me, copy of my DL, 2 government bills, photo ID... Are they insane??!! She knows content of the package, has tracking number, and has a letter showing new address, and she is 21, but they won't give her damn package. Called them several times, and no solution. I am not gonna use UPS ever again, and I'll always suggest everyone to use other companies instead this idiots. WORST COMPANY EVER. ** UPS.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Sent a package to my grand boys in Canada for their birthday. The clerk in New Hartford, NY accidentally input the package contents were worth $1818 instead of $200. It is stuck in UPS customs owing $288. The manager at the store claims she fixed the problem but according to Canada it is not fixed. When I called to complain, the manager in NY stated “the package is in Canada and out of my hands, take it up with Canada”. So frustrating and no one to complain to or fix my problem. I have been on the phone every day this week. The package is not moving.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

The delivery company that did not make attempt to deliver. I was at home for the 2 days when they claim they attempted to deliver, however, no one come to the door and I did not receive any calls. Escalated the matter to their customer service, only responded after 4 emails. When I called their call agents, all I got was a runaround that left me even more frustrated. Find other delivery companies that will treat you better.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I was supposed to have a package for my girls to give my husband for his birthday. It said it would arrive 4 days before his birthday, so I ordered it. The date changed to one day later (no big deal). It did not arrive on that date, so I checked tracking and they missorted my package and it ended up almost 17 hrs away from my home. Customer service was nice enough, but refused to fix the issue by upgrading the package and would not let me speak to the manager that made the decision. They are now stating that it will not be here until 4 days after his birthday. (We'll see if that happens). My kids are going to be heartbroken.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I waited for a delivery that did make it on the promised date. I then paid $5 to change the delivery date. The date was established and missed again. When I called Customer Service I was given all sorts of promises which, once again, were not fulfilled. I then asked the disposition of my package and was, once again, asked for $5 to change the delivery. I did not pay for the scam the 2nd time around. Terrible service. If I could, I would tell every one of my vendors I would not do business with them if they didn't find a better way to ship than UPS. Terrible!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

UPS said that they deliver my package and also they attempted as well which never happened. I lost my package which cost $1600, when I called them they do not give me an answer. Indeed, this is my second time they lost my package, they lost before my new iPhone and they did not gave me refund because they claim that I did not insure the package.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Guaranteed delivery for a Saturday was a fail. Tracking showed in transit with a delivery time that had come and gone. No accountability within UPS for the incompetence they have. Basically saying "whatever". Will never use UPS again for my business.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Bunch of imbeciles. Drivers are incompetent and customer service are morons. None of these people know how to do their job. The tracking would say "attempted delivery" which was a lie. No one tried delivering anything, someone was home every time they "attempted delivery". Called customer service and they were utterly useless. This back and forth went on for 2 weeks until they finally "destroyed" my package when they failed to deliver it in the first place.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I ordered shoes for my boys that they really needed because the old ones they were outgrowing and worn out. I was supposed to receive them Saturday which was great because school starts back on Monday so right on time right?! WRONG! Because they sent the package to the wrong post office I will not receive their shoes until Monday evening. Only reason I found this out is because late Saturday I noticed they had not been delivered so I tracked it and found out myself. Very inconvenient and when something like this happens they should contact you whether you are signed up for notifications electronically or not. I am so annoyed at this point and is not the first time I have had an issue with them. They are lucky the store picks the shipping company bc if it were up to me it would be FedEx!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I'm writing this from my honest opinion. The UPS failed to deliver my parcel yesterday and left an info notice on my apartment front door which indicates that I can sign to allow the delivery person to leave my parcel in front of my apartment door on the next delivery day. In order to get my parcel today I stayed home all times and found that the tracking update says the receiver was not available at the time of the second delivery attempt. WHAT THE HELL? I stayed home this whole day and no one knocked on my door. I even signed on at the back of the info notice to allow the delivery person to just leave my package and go.

Since I really need this parcel today so I contacted the UPS and one rude lady said they refused to listen to me, insisting that the delivery person did knock on my door because it's their protocol. When I mentioned the delivery guy can just leave my parcel and go, the lady immediately said it's a dangerous area so they couldn't do that. WHAT THE HELL? The box by the description of parcel left without receiver's presence was checked by the driver on the info notice! This lady refused to accept the reality and ignored the fact that they had done a really awful training their delivery people. While I was trying to argue what's really happening, the lady hung up on me. That's how one of the biggest delivery services in America treated their customers.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

UPS has got to have the worst customer service I’ve ever seen. The driver drove by my house which is clearly marked. Only to say the address doesn’t exist. But I find out it’s more of it an it’s 5 o’clock story and he wants to go home instead of finishing the deliveries. Called the customer care line only to be told they can’t do anything, added to talk to a supervisor only to be hung up on 3 times.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I had a bed in the box delivered today. I saw the driver lay the box down horizontally in front of my garage. I asked him to stop leaving my packages on the driveway (facing the road) because people are stealing packages and I have hit a few coming out of my garage not seeing them... Before I could finish and state I can't get out of my garage if he leaves it there, he looked at me and said he normally leaves them on the porch, got in his truck and took off. If they can't handle properly delivering heavy packages, then they shouldn't deliver them. I had to call a friend to help me move the box.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Verizon chose UPS to deliver a phone to my elderly mother. The first delivery attempt was made on 10/23/18, but my mother was unable to make it to the door before the driver had left. I called UPS and explained that she was home, but couldn't get to the door due to her age. UPS was very courteous and responded that they would deliver again the next day, but there was no delivery window and they couldn't even tell me if it would be before or after 12 noon. On 10/24/18, she stayed close to the door and even placed her dog in the porch, to warn her of any visitors. She is positive that no attempt to deliver was made, but according to UPS, there was no answer. Since Mom is still very sharp, I tend to believe what she says. At 5:30 on the 24th I contacted UPS and explained the situation again.

They again were very courteous and promised that a representative would contact me within the hour and someone would dispatch the delivery to her that evening. Both statements were lies. At 9:00 am 10/24/18, I spoke with another UPS representative, who was also very courteous and promised another attempt, but could not give me anything other than 8 am-8 pm delivery window (Seriously)! After rehashing the situation, the representative agreed the driver would contact me an hour before delivery, which I responded with gratitude.

Another representative contacted soon after to tell that the package was out for delivery, but no attempt to contact me would be made, since drivers don't do that. Bottom line: UPS EMPLOYS COURTEOUS REPRESENTATIVES THAT INTENTIONALLY DECEIVE ITS CUSTOMERS. I believe a majority of customers grow weary and give up. I WILL NOT! I have contacted Verizon and they have agreed to ship my order through FEDEX! Thank you Verizon for giving me a choice.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I got up and sat in my front room all day waiting on my package. The home is a duplex that is not labeled. The time by and the packaged was tracked. The answering service said the package had been deliver at 10:40 am and no one was there. I was home all day. The driver went to one door and decided to leave a note there. I know this because I walked outside and saw the note on the next door. He should have had enough sense to knock on both doors. I called the center repeatedly and I was told the driver was gonna bring it back. I am very upset because the package was not delivered and the center lied to me. I will do my best to never use UPS again and I will tell all my friends and family not to use them either.

UPS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

UPS was founded in a Seattle basement by two teenagers in 1907 as a home delivery packaging service. Today, UPS is an international company that utilizes technology to make it easy for consumers and businesses to send and receive packages when and where they need them.

• UPS store: Developed in 1980 as an alternative to the United States post office, the UPS store has more than 4,700 locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Along with shipping services, the stores offer services such as printing, copying and business services, making them a convenient one-stop-shop for businesses and consumers alike.

• My UPS: Create a free My UPS account to keep track of deliveries, set preferences and receive notifications when a package is on its way. This feature is available for consumers and businesses.

• Small business solutions: UPS offers several solutions for small businesses, including help with tracking and billing, returns solutions for retailers including e-commerce businesses and timesaving technologies.

• UPS Internet shipping: Streamline the process of shipping for your business with UPS Internet shipping. This feature helps you automate paperwork, create a bill of lading for freight shipments using saved addresses and commodity information and take care of printing labels and paying for shipping online.

• UPS World Ease: Ideal for businesses that frequently send shipments overseas, UPS World Ease simplifies the process of international shipping by allowing you to ship packages to multiple recipients within one country or within the European Union as one shipment that will clear customs as a single transaction. This can speed up the shipping process greatly and make it more efficient for you to continue shipping overseas.

• Best for: UPS is best for small businesses, particularly those that regularly ship overseas or domestically.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs