1.92/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

4567 United Parcel Service - UPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 21, 2019

We are a business and have used FedEx ground for some 20 years. In Jan. 2017 we switched over to UPS ground as they offered us better discount incentives than FedEx. The drivers, the pickups, and overall initial shipping was great. As the weeks progressed we would get invoiced weekly due in 15 days. We would mail a check 3-4 days before due BUT, you let them get it 1 day late and your hit with a late fee PLUS interest.

Then we started mailing 5 days before due. It may have been due on a Sat. and deposited on Monday... YEP another late fee PLUS interest again. WE NEVER-EVER got this kind of treatment from FedEx. If that's not enough... just call and get an approved credit from a billing error. Two months later you'll get a single invoice for interest only from 2 months before. This necessitates countless time to research, you then call, get it removed, and 2 months later another late fee on the same thing. If you don't pay it, they will lock you out of the system forcing you to pay. This is a clever but totally unethical...perhaps illegal method of revenue enhancement.

In 2018 we switched back to FedEx and regret we ever went to UPS. FedEx's billing is rarely incorrect and if it is, you short pay the invoice and never hear about it again. NOW... UPS provided us a label printer in 2017. In mid 2018 they sent us an invoice for $276.00 for the printer. I sent a letter back stating they could have the printer back if 1/ the sales rep. came to get it or 2. We would ship back to them. Since, UPS has continued billing us for the printer PLUS interest which has now reached over $450.00 yes (four hundred fifty). Since, I have learned of many others using UPS with billing nightmares which almost takes a full time person dedicated to UPS invoices only. This is stupid. The only remedy is FedEx.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I have never been as disgusted with a shipper as I am UPS. A package was shipped from Omaha, NE yesterday for next day air delivery to Laramie, WY and their dock worker screwed it up so bad that the package is now sitting in Florence SC. This is causing excessive stress for my family as we wait on a package that should have arrived by noon today.

Now I am told the soonest it will arrive is 1000 tomorrow morning. This is why I do not see UPS running down the road as often as I do a lot of other delivery companies. And this is a company who claims that their mission is to be problem solvers... Good thing it is not customer service 'cause they haven't got that part right at this point. This is becoming a regular issue with UPS. In November they failed to deliver and post a notice of where a package was. In January they delivered a package twice to the same wrong address. From here on out I will be requesting that all packages that must be shipped be shipped via USPS or FedEx.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I ordered a gift for my boyfriend online. UPS delivered it to the wrong address the day before his birthday. They will not tell me the address they delivered it to so now I have to wait for them to recover the package which they still have not done and I have not heard from them. I am very disappointed in this company. I will never shop online from a company that uses UPS again. 100% negative review of service. Get it together UPS.

Original review: March 21, 2019

One of my packages was lost and I didn’t receive it with the others. I called them and they said it's not their problem and they don't care. They wouldn’t give me another number or anything and told me to call the supplier if I wanted it and hung up. I was super disappointed and upset with their service. Would not use again.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I have never dealt with worse customer service than I have with UPS. Absolutely zero ability to work with anyone's schedule. Facility in Pacific, WA, telling me that the customer service line has "lied to me" when told I could pick up my package at 4. The facility also told me my package would be delivered from 4 to 7. No one should have to take a whole day off work to assure they get their package. Huge lack of communication that should not be acceptable in any business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: March 20, 2019

We had a package to deliver, measuring 32 x 17 x 4 inches. Grant it that it’s an unusual size, but they said they would customize a box for it. Their “customizing” the box was to take an extra large box to fit the package and then fill in the remaining space with lots of smaller boxes and bubble wraps. What was originally 30 pounds ended up weighing 36 pounds. We not only had to pay for the extra weight but also the packing service and boxes (the boxes were not new but recycled with previous shipping labels on it).

On top of that, we specifically said we did not want it left at the doorstep of the destination but that when notified, someone would pick up at the closest carrier station. This was because of the rash of thefts, and no one at the house to receive it, we didn’t want to leave a $1500 item exposed outside for anyone to pick up. UPS reassured us, it would not happen, that they would leave the package at the station and notify us when it arrived.

This morning, I received a notification from UPS that the package had arrived and had been delivered to the door! I had to call my friend who had to rush across town from work just to get the package, and sure enough, it was sitting outside the doorstep of his residential address. When I complained to UPS, the supervisor said, "Well, at least it arrived safely!" That is small comfort for a worry that could have been prevented if they had done their job correctly. If I could give them a 0, I would — 1 is too generous. The item cost us almost $1500. You just don’t leave it lying outside for thieves to pick up. I will never deal with them again.

Original review: March 20, 2019

If I could give them a negative rating I would!!! I am sitting here in tears from frustration. This company is the worst! I had to overnight my car keys to my boyfriend so he could use the car to drive up from SD to the Bay for a 10 am delivery, it cost $110. A simple task, you'd think? Nope. The keys didn't show up. My boyfriend and I are on a farm with no house. So he waited outside all day in the rain for the truck to come so he could sign for the package. We kept calling and calling asking about updates and finally were told they'd be there by 8 pm. Nothing at 8 pm and we are both pissed. We call (we had to force someone to transfer us to their shipping center) and they say they were lost, maybe put on the wrong truck - why couldn't they have found out earlier in the day it didn't make it onto the right truck?

Then began the "investigation" to find them, which could last up to ten days. We kept calling for updates and they say they could call when they had either found them or when the investigation had closed. So we waited a few more days before calling again and they said "oh, it's been closed, we couldn't find them" - they didn't call us saying it had been closed or that it was still lost, we had to. So then we have to start the claims process as getting my car keys back will require a car tow to the dealership, two keys to be cut, made, programmed + labor, and a new battery since it died sitting there for 3 weeks (about $1,000 in total). People say they can't help us and keep transferring us for days, saying we will get called back but no one does. No one wants to help you!

Many people said they'd pay for it and I finally reached a nice lady in the investigations department, Katherine, who said she could help me. She gave me her email and I set in my first invoice, saying more would be coming next week (this week). I call today to send in more invoices, but suddenly no one can transfer me to that department like the number/extension magically disappeared from their phonebooks. LIKE MAGIC. The one person who was willing to help me, I can't reach.

So I'm transferred to the billing department where I tell her the whole story againnn and they say the same thing "the claim has been processed and will be in the mail" but that claim is just for the shipping! I tell them that I have invoices to submit, that I want to talk to Katherine, no one can get me to that one person. I ask if Katherine had inputted the original invoice I sent... She hadn't. No one will help you. Then I get on with a supervisor who really pisses me off! Saying I need to contact the store I sent it from -- they can't do anything! They've done their part, submitted all their information! It's on the company now, don't try and send me back to the store where they won't be able to help because trust me, I had to call the store multiple times!

Oh by the way, at the store I shipped it from they told me: "yeah I have no idea what they're doing over there (referring to the company) because I am just as lost as you are" Wow it's so comforting to hear an employee say they are just as lost as I am! Great job! Anywho... This supervisor was caddy and saying "I'm not trying to upset you, but we won't cover for any of those damages you've mentioned. It's in the fine print when you ship. We won't cover it". Wtf again! I say I have spoken to many people who said the company would cover it and she asks for the names and their phone numbers and I say "nobody gives you a ** call back number because you guys don't want to help us!"

No one gives me any helpful information, but I was told, "It would be covered!" She keeps going, "I'm not trying to upset you," blah blah blah and I'm like, "how are you trying to not upset me right now? You are telling me you wont pay for the $800-$1000 I have had to pay? I basically went off about what a horrible company it was and that I needed to talk to her boss, whoever was above her because I didn't trust a single word that came out of her mouth. She said I would be called back within two days and I insisted to be called back within the hour since I don't trust any of the employees.

I get on the phone with the woman who actually called me back (congratulations UPS, stepping up in the ** world!) and my boyfriend was also on the line. We discuss how horrible our experience has been and that we just want to speak with the one employee who would help us, Katherine. She couldn't connect me... A supervisor couldn't even do that... woooowww. She says she can email her with urgency but there's no guarantee there will be a response. I need a guarantee because I'm not letting them off the hook for now getting back to me. I was able to get the supervisor's number but also said she wouldn't reimburse me for the consequential damages of my lost package, but if Katherine is willing to help then she is the girl to talk to wow if only I could contact her!

Now I'm waiting 1. for my claim check for my shipping 2. someone who can HELP me. It's so simple. I just need one person to send my invoices to, so they can input them in my file, and send me another check. How hard it this and how can that take over 3 weeks? I am hopeful Katherine will go through with her word and if not I don't know what I'm going to do. This company is criminal. If they don't cover these costs why would the other employees say you do? Why don't you train them better? It's not like your shipper at the store says "btw if we lose these keys you won't get back the $800-$1000 you'll have to pay to get everything worked out". Also, why would a supervisor not be able to help me but a regular employee in the investigations department can? wtf.

This company does not want to help you because they suck so hard and steal from you. No one ever calls you back, no one gives you their phone number, no one can help you! You spend hours of your day going in circles, being transferred to 6 different people explaining your story over again! It's not hard people! Just live up to a good customer service motto/standard! FedEx would refund me, Amazon would refund me, UPS does not value their customers and just wants to take take take. I will never trust them again EVER and will post this experience anywhere I can.

I am a very outgoing, mind, bubbly/happy person and have never ever had to speak to a company like this. I am appalled at their lack of integrity, lack of morals, lack of everything! They will rip you off and screw you over! It's not worth the trouble so do not use them for anything! I'm just looking out for everyone else who wants to do a simple thing like overnighting a package without wanting to end up spending almost $1000 and 3+ weeks of their time fighting with this company. I could go on and on but will stop myself here. Rant over.

Original review: March 19, 2019

If I could give no stars I would. If you are reading this PLEASE don’t use UPS. Day one they say no one was home to accept the package, even though myself and my roommate were home all day. Day two they say, they can’t locate my address. Which is funny because the first day they were able to leave a note on my door. I am 100% done with UPS. I will be bring this to my job as well. They simply can’t be trusted with the simplest of tasks. To add insults to injury, the person I spoke to on the phone at UPS told me, I can just come pick it up from the nearest UPS location. So why do I need you as a delivery service?

Original review: March 19, 2019

This is my honest review after having ENOUGH of UPS Germany. This is the fourth time I've experienced unprofessionalism and immense displeasure of doing business with them. I ordered a product from Sweden to an office address. The Sweden office shipped everything in a timely manner without a problem. THE PROBLEM happens (ALWAYS) when it comes over to German UPS.

First the delivery driver did NOT even bother to drop off the package to the correct office address at the reception desk but took it to a random address. Second, then the driver put the random address and name and 'finished it' by saying it got delivered. I received the delivery email and to find out, there were TWO DIFFERENT ADDRESSES! Where is this random place and which one is it?! I had to spend all day looking for the packages in Berlin. Called the German UPS customer service and was told that I would have to contact the Sweden office to correct it and that it wasn't their fault... What a way to handle customer satisfaction. This happened every time I called for assistance and I am tired of their "not my problem" attitude. From now on I will NO LONGER use their service and definitely share my experience with everyone to let them know what people are dealing with. WORST POSTAL SERVICE EVER GERMAN UPS!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I sent a package and they gave me the receipt. My car burned up on the side of the road so I no longer have my tracking number. I called to try and see where my package was because of course it is late and can't do anything without the tracking number. It is 2019 people. Get it together. You don't just need a tracking number. It's laziness. UPS is trash. Will never ship through them again. I would pay more to go through FedEx or postal. Will tell everyone I know to stay away.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Dealing with UPS in Ontario has not only been inconvenient, but frustrating in their lack of professionalism and inability to perform the job they are contracted to do. They have made it quite clear by their actions, that they do not care about you or your packages. In my opinion, UPS has become so far removed from the people who should be receiving deliveries and the companies who use their poor service to deliver their products. UPS demonstrates an obvious apathy, and lack of accountability to both the companies that hire their service to deliver their product and to the recipients who have prepaid for this service to deliver their purchases.

If one has an issue with the lack of service, UPS makes it very difficult to find a phone number to speak with a real person. My explanation for their poor conduct would take a long time to type out the details to a virtual customer service online. It became very clear from the UPS people I managed to contact, that it is their policy that drivers do not have to deliver if they don't want to and without any notification to the recipients waiting for their purchases. I am a person that ordinarily accepts a business's policies, but in 67 years, I have never felt more disrespected.

My first encounter with UPS involved a return item that was supposed to be picked up at my residence. They refused to come down our road because, as they put it, they did not feel comfortable about coming down our hill. I have several clients who drive our road every day with no issues. My husband and I drive up and down the road every day, with no difficulty. Now, I would not expect them to deliver in the case of a bad ice or snowstorm, but if that were the case, they should at least call and try again the next good day.

Our road is always plowed in the winter by 6:30 a.m.- every day. There are two other families on our short road and they both commute daily into Napanee for work. Management in Belleville directly overseeing deliveries in Napanee say that it is up to the courier's discretion, whether they choose to deliver a package or not. No second attempts were made, no attempts to call and notify me that they were not going to deliver...hoping that we would just go away. Now Wayfair, the company who gave UPS the bid for delivery tried to make things right on their end, and I can't say enough about the exemplary and professional treatment they have always given me. Wayfair accepted the loss - which I feel it is just bad business on the part of UPS and very unfair to companies who hire UPS. Very irresponsible. I have had many other courier companies deliver several items during that same time period with no problems.

Then the following week I had my second encounter with UPS. I was expecting another delivery. When it didn't arrive on the expected date, I tracked the package online and discovered that, not only had the package been sitting at UPS depot in Napanee for two days without any notice, but that the Person in charge at the Napanee UPS depot had made an arbitrary decision not to attempt any other deliveries on our road and that they would just send back any packages for my road without so much as a phone call.

I have tried to reach out to the courier's direct supervisor in Belleville, with offers to meet the driver at the top of the hill (there was nothing wrong with the road), but he said the UPS' policy does not obligate UPS drivers to call in any circumstance, such as refusing to deliver on our road. They are not expected to even notify us. These deliveries were prepaid. I feel UPS not only demonstrates total disregard for the people waiting for their purchases to be delivered, but to the companies they promise to deliver for. In a smaller town like Napanee, I assume there must be only one UPS courier driver, and there is such an obvious lack of supervision over their driver's poor conduct.

If the driver cannot even drive our road, which is very easy to traverse, perhaps he is in the wrong line of work. Management should have come to check the road themselves and made suitable accommodations to enable us to receive delivery. In summation, it appears to me, and I imagine there are many more who have incurred UPS's poor business practices, that it is time that UPS disband if they are so disinterested in the job they should be doing. I see it as a violation of contract to both parties.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Ordered blinds from eBay, and shipper used UPS. They keep saying address change requested, not true. I can't track my package or pick it up now. Every time I call I get someone in India apologizing, saying someone will call you in a hour. They never call back. It's been almost two weeks, and still going in circles with someone in India.

Original review: March 15, 2019

My local UPS customer service center in Silverthorne, Colorado is useless… Rather, fraudulent. They REGULARLY change the delivery address from my home to a UPS Store about five miles from my flat. On the UPS website, they indicate the address change was made at “customer request.” That is a complete lie. I have NEVER once changed my delivery address from my home. Trying to reach anyone at UPS who has any authority to do something about firing the management of the Silverthorne facility is absolutely impossible. I’ve spent far too much of my life dealing with UPS in The Philippines, being put on hold forever (because UPS management are either non-existent or are cowards - while the former seems obvious, the latter is most likely true), waiting for callbacks that never happen, etc. I have been writing Amazon - no matter how futilely - demanding they stop using UPS altogether. As they (obviously) won’t, I’ve chosen to no longer use Amazon.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I do not understand how a company like this can still be in service. The customer agents are rude and disrespectful, they deliver packages to the wrong address then want to blame you for THEIR error. I have packages delivered to my local post office by using the physical address as this is an option we have. It seems as if they do not understand and will deliver the package to my front door or neighbor's front door, to a post office I didn't put as my delivery address. When I pay for a P.O. Box I plan to use it for deliveries, I use the physical address to make sure my packages are delivered there. So over a 6 month span my packages have been lost or sent back to sender for undeliverable address about twice a week.

I have a home based business so I only use the P.O. because it's safer. I was just told by the local UPS that they will no longer deliver packages to my local post office and packages will be delivered to the main post office going forward. Now I call my main post office in my area to be told the package now has to go through a sort process that will take place at 1 am. Then the package will be sent to my local post office. Now my local post office is unsure why UPS delivered a package with another post office address to them. So I just go to my local P.O. to retrieve my package just to have no package. I call the main post office to hear the package was scanned back to UPS this morning. I call the local UPS once again about said package to hear "I thought you and the post office got it all square away" then I explain it was scanned back to UPS this morning.

The UPS agent says the post office cannot legally move a UPS package that's why it was scanned back to UPS. However that contradict the fact that UPS can just drop a package off to another facility not the delivery address. So now my package is still in limbo and I'm awaiting more details as to where my package is. I just don't understand why simple directions can't be followed. Use the address on the package and drop packages off where they are supposed to be delivered to and nowhere else. If I am aware that a vendor I use uses UPS I'm going to have to make my purchase somewhere else. I pay for package delivery and I don't want to pay UPS another dime for poor quality of service.

Original review: March 14, 2019

UPS has lost my package. I paid $57.79 to have a 10" x 8" package mailed from San Diego to Sacramento next day air. UPS can't find my package, even though I have a UPS employee signature proving the package was picked up and a UPS tracking number. Replacing the documents will take weeks and will cause loss of income. In addition to that, now I have to file a claim with UPS. Unfortunately you can't give negative stars...

Original review: March 12, 2019

These people are very rude! Their driver never delivered my stuff for the past 2 day. Go with FedEx guys and the office in Norwood MA she **. I would never use them ever again idk. I'm waiting for my bed to come. Also 2 days I had to miss work and school just for them to lie to me and be rude. I'm so upset. I sent my bed back to sender and got my money back.

Original review: March 11, 2019

WoW UPS...the comments I'm reading are horrible about your company and resolving issues. My complaint is that you lied about your driver destroying my mailbox. The video I sent you from the house cam is clear and undeniable, yet after visiting the home 3 times you claim that it is unclear that it was the driver or the UPS truck??? Before the truck goes by fishtailing in the snow the mailbox is there and 1.3 seconds after the truck fishtails by my mailbox the mailbox is hanging on the side of the post. But no, you could be right that something else did it...What a joke!

The video is clear. You know there is nothing a homeowner can do because if I open a claim with homeowner’s insurance the cost of the mailbox is below the insurance claim deductible and they will not do anything until the deductible is reached. Opening a police report would only work if I wanted to spend the time and money to take you to small claims court which is hardly worth it. BUT YOU KNOW THIS DON'T YOU? Such an unethical, pre-calculated response. Sorry to say you are horrible!

Original review: March 11, 2019

Small biz long time shipper. If they drop a box and contents are damaged, it is not their fault. You can give them evidence of the damage, but not UPS fault. You will get the runaround if you can even get through to claims. I wish there was an alternative.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Most recently, I watched online as a package rode around in a delivery truck for three days before it was finally delivered. Within the last year I have had three other orders misdirected to distant locations before the errors were caught and corrected. These are supposedly union employees, but that might be the problem.

Original review: March 9, 2019

The delivery drivers suck! They never knock on the door. Of course I have to sign for the package. I always have this problem with UPS and only UPS. YOU SUCK!!! I always have to pick up my packages from UPS because they always fail the 3 attempts because they never knock. They just run up to the door, put a note on the door and run back to their truck and take off.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I attempted to have a package shipped to a friend in Chicago, UPS gave notification that address was incorrect. Package was returned, I verified address and resent the package only to be INCORRECTLY SORTED by UPS and then returned. I was charged for both return shipments as well as original shipments, paying 4 times for a service that was never completed. Contacted customer service, who then stopped replying to my emails while attempting to resolve issue. Took package to USPS who delivered the package first attempt. They refuse to deliver to some addresses when the address is correct and the customer service will ignore you after a point to keep from refunding money or taking responsibility for their lack of effort.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I operate a small business. UPS refuses to deliver packages to me. Addresses are completely written with proper municipal addresses, and UPS returns them as "The company or receiver name is incorrect"; they have the arrogance to have the position that something else ought to be written on the address label or that business signage ought to be posted in addition to unit number. UPS consistently causes damages to my packages, including high value items, while in transit. I refuse to use UPS for either commercial or personal shipping.

Original review: March 8, 2019

UPS driver on 1st attempt stated, incorrect or incomplete address. Called vendor, had address verified both by UPS and vendor, both said correct. 2nd attempt driver wrote incorrect hose #. Called UPS, no more deliveries can be attempted. Simply the driver didn't call his supervisor to verify address and get her to use GPS and give him directions, which is what they are to do but was not. 3 attempts are to be made if they want to, but it's easier to take it back and have you come pick it up when you paid them for a service. SIMPLY PUT THEY DELIVER WHAT THEY WANT TO. LLAAZZYYY.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Never using UPS again. This company is the worst. They take no responsibility for anything. Their drivers are the worst as well. How could it take 8 days for an investigation. It’s crazy that they can just find a driver for a specific delivery and ask where they left the package. No background checks are ran for their drivers at all. Customer service stinks. You can get a live person on the phone EVER.

Original review: March 7, 2019

During December I ordered many packages from Amazon, upwards of 25, none of the packages delivered by UPS were ever left at my door. None of the notes UPS left gave me any information so I'd have to go online to see which one it might be to see they'd been sent to a pickup center. Furthermore, I lost track of one of those packages because of the lack of information on their notes and it was sent back to the shipper. This is not an isolated incident, this happened at the last home I lived in as well, just moved last year. Anyway, I never choose UPS, that's always left to the shipper when you use Amazon.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I have been experiencing frequent issues with packages not delivered and re-routed to the nearest UPS access point. 2 examples from the past few days: Tracking Number ** on Tuesday 3/5 and tracking number ** on Wednesday 3/6. In both cases tracking information says "Customer not in on 1st attempt. Delivery will be made to a UPS Access Point™ next business day for customer pickup." However, I work from home and I'm home 24x7 during weekdays so the UPS driver didn't even ring the bell. Even though the UPS access point isn't far from my house I need to drive to get there (and struggle to find parking - Hey, it's NYC!) because currently it's really cold (mid 20s) and the boxes tend to be heavy. UPS driver, please stop being lazy and do your job!

Original review: March 7, 2019

Time and time again me, my mother and other people we know have had bad experiences with UPS. The last major incident with delivery/shipping caused irreversible health damage to my mother. Now this time they have went back on their own policy and messed up my order on a very important package which negatively affected my mother AGAIN as well as my business. I no longer wish to be a customer of theirs because of such constantly crappy customer service. If they continue being this careless and neglectful with customers deliveries they will for sure end up facing a lawsuit! I'M SO DONE DONE WITH UPS!

Original review: March 7, 2019

I thought UPS was supposed to be well run but it is an extraordinarily dysfunctional company. After 1 week of calls, misinformation from various agents, promises to pick up the packages etc, they seem utterly incapable of driving to a home and put packages on the truck to go back to a sender. Each individual at UPS, whether at the national 1-800 number or locally had no good explanation other than "it should have been done" or "they told you misinformation" or "we will get it taken care of" which they didn't for each of 6 straight days. Absolutely pathetic service. Please use any delivery method other than UPS. Next time I will strap packages to a mule...will certainly be faster and more efficient. Yes, I am beyond frustrated. I was looking for the -5 (minus 5) star rating but 1 was the lowest possible choice. Ugh.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Signed up for My Choice after a UPS package was shipped with SurePost option. The offer came from UPS in email. Wanted packages to be delivered to my home and not the Post office. I received email notifications from UPS saying my packages would be delivered the next afternoon to my home. The next morning I received an update that my Sure Post has been changed to deliver to the post office. I contacted UPS and they told me that who or where in UPS had or why my delivery was changed. So I wasted the time and effort using My Choice. Even though the charge is $3.50 a package the post office told me that the UPS will still divert packages to the post office instead of the requested home delivery. They don’t care about customer service whatsoever, it’s all about the economics. I’ll never use the UPS SurePost again.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I shipped some machined hardware per UPS specifications. Our client received the hardware and rejected it due to damage in shipping. We filed a claim with UPS, Claims Processing Center. We were told payment of the claim was approved twice. Now they say they will only pay 20 percent of the claim because the "UPS" driver did not sign for the package when they picked it up. They also said they can't identify the driver even though the package was scanned in when it was picked up. Again the package was delivered to our customer. We had to expedite the remake of the parts and most likely have lost business with this failure. The 20 percent payment on the claim is an insult. We will do everything in our power to not use UPS again. I hope others that read this will do the same. Caveat emptor.

UPS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

UPS was founded in a Seattle basement by two teenagers in 1907 as a home delivery packaging service. Today, UPS is an international company that utilizes technology to make it easy for consumers and businesses to send and receive packages when and where they need them.

• UPS store: Developed in 1980 as an alternative to the United States post office, the UPS store has more than 4,700 locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Along with shipping services, the stores offer services such as printing, copying and business services, making them a convenient one-stop-shop for businesses and consumers alike.

• My UPS: Create a free My UPS account to keep track of deliveries, set preferences and receive notifications when a package is on its way. This feature is available for consumers and businesses.

• Small business solutions: UPS offers several solutions for small businesses, including help with tracking and billing, returns solutions for retailers including e-commerce businesses and timesaving technologies.

• UPS Internet shipping: Streamline the process of shipping for your business with UPS Internet shipping. This feature helps you automate paperwork, create a bill of lading for freight shipments using saved addresses and commodity information and take care of printing labels and paying for shipping online.

• UPS World Ease: Ideal for businesses that frequently send shipments overseas, UPS World Ease simplifies the process of international shipping by allowing you to ship packages to multiple recipients within one country or within the European Union as one shipment that will clear customs as a single transaction. This can speed up the shipping process greatly and make it more efficient for you to continue shipping overseas.

• Best for: UPS is best for small businesses, particularly those that regularly ship overseas or domestically.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs