2.02/5
Based on 1,032 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4508 United Parcel Service - UPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I understood due to weather in the area there would be a delay. However, after checking every day for a week after, seeing the delivery details say it’s been loaded on the truck and will be delivered by the end of the day, 4 days in a row. I called and was assured it was on the truck today and would have it no later than 9:00pm. Guess I shouldn’t be surprised that it never showed up! Don’t purchase anything from any business if UPS is the only delivery option, you may never receive it!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

So Disappointed. After a pallet was shipped from Springfield MA on 1/24/19 there was a slight delay due to weather. I get that. Tracking said we would receive package on 1/31/19 here in So. Calif. The product was much needed for our business. Sadly after calls everyday, I was promised delivery the next day and a phone call. No phone calls, No Deliveries. Every day nothing but promises. Now it's Feb. 5th. I was told they will call me tomorrow to set up a delivery for the following day the 7th. Holding package ransom is so sad. I wonder if I'll even get a call. UPS should just stick to delivering only Amazon Packages.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have very bad experience with UPS. I sent a 58 pounds package and it was never scanned a free picked up from a UPS store. I had open an investigation and it was close next day in ERROR. I had reopened it and at the same day it was closed and a claim was issued. They did not even try to find the package. In the better scenario I will get $100 compensation even if I spent $1000. Please, if you are sending some expensive packages, use FEDEX or DHL. Do not play with the UPS.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

If you live in Hawaii, prepare yourself for disappointment if something's shipped to you via UPS. They dump your packages at the door without notice, even if you're home and deliveries are minimum 4 days longer than USPS deliveries.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The UPS delivery person doesn't have keys to our building, so they leave a "Sorry we missed you" notice on the door. (Understandable.) BUT - this person puts multiple apartment numbers on the same ticket, so no one person can track down their packages (if they even *put* an apt # on the ticket, which half the time they don't). They also ignore "Hey, I'm home! Here's my number and I'll come downstairs to let you in" messages from tenants, not even attempting to contact them when they arrive and change the package online status to "missed delivery" before they even look.

The website won't let you re-route the package to a facility to be picked up until you've had at least one "missed attempt", unless you pay an additional $5-10 ON TOP OF having to drive to the other side of the city to pick up an item you already paid to be delivered to your door. And, to top it all off - if they DO happen to decide to leave the package, they record that it was signed for by "D R" (a.k.a. the freaking DOOR) and leave it outside in plain view and exposed to weather. I've already had one package stolen this way, and when I called customer service they denied any responsibility and told me I had to figure it out with the sender.

I've tried to create an account with them so that I could tailor my deliveries (preferred time so I'm not at work, route to a pickup location within 10min of my apartment instead of 40min away, notify me when the delivery truck is close), and nothing works. They ignore any preferences I have set up and instead provide nothing but negligence. Tldr: NEVER use this service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I would never use this company again. Customer Satisfaction is at the bottom of their priorities. They lie about deliveries, and supervisors don't return your calls. Company hides any way to contact the right person, deception.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My item was supposed to be delivered on February 1st 2019. I was then told due to severe weather in Plainfield Indiana it was being slightly delayed. I work in Plainfield Indiana and drove home from work today and we had 4 in of snow total. When I check the status later that day that it was supposed to be delivered it had now been moved to Monday February 4th. I called the customer service line to ask why it was not going to be delivered on Saturday February 2nd and was told it did not have time to get from Plainfield Indiana to the Indianapolis shipping office. To be clear the Indianapolis shipping office is also 20 minutes from where it is at in Plainfield Indiana.

I have unfortunately been forced to use UPS for several deliveries. What it is - the shipper's choice and not my own. They are easily the worst shipping company I have ever had to deal with. They have lost over the years three of my packages with no explanations and their customer service is completely unwilling to do anything to help you get a package in a timely manner. If your options are to have it delivered by UPS or a guy riding a bicycle across the country bed take the guy riding the bicycle. It might still take longer but I'm willing to guess unlike UPS he will care about your needs as a customer and get it to you as fast as he can. There is zero excuse for my package to sit 20 minutes from my house and for me to be told it can't be put on a truck and brought to me today or for me to be allowed to go pick it up.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I paid almost $50 to overnight a check next business day by 10:30 am. Next morning, tracking website said it was in FL. It was supposed to be in NC. I thought it was odd but maybe it's ok. 10:30 am comes... It's still in FL. Now it says my package was sorted wrong and will be delayed. I call the UPS store in Clinton, UT, from where I mailed it. He said there's nothing he can do until the package is delivered and he has no idea when that will be. I told him I should have used FedEx like I always do. I've had NO issues.

This is the first time I've shipped through UPS and it was a fail. The guy said it would have happened with any carrier I shipped with. Umm? It hasn't yet from FedEx. The guy said he'd call me back. I haven't heard from him so I called the UPS number. She didn't listen to me when I told her my package was sorted wrong. She gets my tracking number and then tells me, "Oh I am so sorry!" I asked, "Now what?" She said there's nothing she can do. I asked, "Well... Uhh... So I just sit here? Can you call someone or anything?" She said no but in her experience, it takes another business day. This was VERY important. I sat at work and cried. Still no word from the UPS store. I sit and wait.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I don't see the point in paying for shipping if I forever have to go pick-up my deliveries from check-points or UPS stations. I don't have time to do this which is why I shipped in the first place. I only actually receive 20% of my deliveries at my door, the rest of the time I'm left having to go pick it up myself. They always say "Delivery attempted" but they never actually attempt, it's always a lie. I'm always home and they never actually make it to my door, don't ring the bell, don't knock and don't leave a slip. It's gotten to the point that before I purchase from a company, I call and ask them who they deliver with, because if they use UPS, I say forget it, and order from a different company. Can't believe this company is still in business, seriously.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I had to waste a couple hours - so far - trying to locate my package that was set to arrive YESTERDAY. I worked from home so I could be there to sign for it. Later that afternoon, I get a notice that they couldn't get a signature so they couldn't leave it. My home was silent. I was sitting 20 feet from my door. There was not even an attempt to deliver it. Lies. I then spent the morning in the UPS site, Amazon site, my informed delivery site and on multiple phone calls trying to locate my package. I must receive it asap.

The only way I was able to manage to interact with real humans - was on Facebook. Yeah, I was forced to log into social media! They helpfully assured me UPS had transferred my package to the post office. (USPS) I called the closest office - they do not know where my package is. If I could give them a tracking #, DIFFERENT from the one I had - was done between UPS and USPS. Went back to social media and was able to receive the new special tracking number. YES!

But, NO. However, I am welcome to check back. I am unable to be home tomorrow. It needs a signature. No one is assisting me in any alternative actions I could take. I cannot just inform the post office I waive the signature. No info sheet, regarding delivery, was left for me. It is an important gift to be gifted Saturday morning. I am distressed. Today there will be no deliveries due to the harsh weather conditions - which I agree with and at the same time believe there should be a way to coordinate something. I cannot even go somewhere to pick it up myself.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I am a truck driver, and I've only been driving 19 yrs. The scene I witnessed at Pilot Travel Center in Gilman, Il was what all other drivers have to put up with, because of the arrogance and total disregard for other drivers. UPS Trk#**, sitting in fuel bay for 30 minutes, after his 30 minute test break, then he decides to fuel, knowing other drivers behind him need to get fuel. Plenty parking at site. I asked driver if he was ok, as employee at travel center is repeatedly making announcements to move out of fuel bay if not fueling, he remained sitting at fuel bay.UPS, your drivers are not above or better than other company drivers. We all have the responsibility to get our loads to customers on time. Blatant disregard for others is why a lot of drivers regard your drivers as snobs, and we know your drivers could care less.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have always been told a different price by different people for one pkg. that I want to send and it depends who you talk to at UPS about prices. This is all in one day. Just one box and I get different info. you can you trust? I don't like it at all. Very frustrating.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

The person who delivers my packages, knocks on my door to let me know he delivered a package and then comes back up road to see if I got it. I really appreciate that! I live in a Senior community and it helps.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have seen them throw packages, drop them, kick them. They just do not care at all. Their pricing is so high it is way out of control. When you send a package just to another state close by, and it costs $59.00 for only 15 lbs. that is unheard of anymore. If they took good care of your package that's one thing, but when they destroy them no way!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

In all the years I’ve done business with UPS, only twice have I received damaged parcels. UPS is quick to address any problems with deliveries and make it right. Overall experiences have been positive. I’ve never encountered rude or surly drivers, always friendly and courteous. So far there have been no errant deliveries to track down.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Most of the time our products we order come to us in great condition. But, sometimes they are in bad shape. We have been lucky to get all of our products considering the packaging has been torn open at times! All in all the service has been fine.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Very poor communications and very slow service. The site is hard to navigate and service people very unhelpful. I was not told the truth and there was no follow up!!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Leave in more secure spot not right in middle of porch, be a little gentler with boxes so they do not get rips or dents or damaged in any way. Good you can track online and that you can receive email or texts updates.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

This company has told me that they cannot deliver to my house. For my address cannot be found. I live just off highway 400 north. Between two highways. I live of what was highway 69 north. So how hard is that in delivering a package. I now have all my deliveries coming from Canada Post. For that is the one sure way that I will get my package delivered to my door, or mail box.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

My stuff is always here when they say and my driver is great, so nice, and does his job great. Our stuff has never been damaged. I don't think you would never be sorry if you used UPS. I am very satisfied with them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

UPS is and has always been a great company. There is a delivery person in my area that remembers me from when I had the main flower shop on Main street. He still says hello and asks me how I am!!!! Keep up the good work!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I had some fruit overnighted and it came and I was not home so they left me a blank UPS sticker with nothing on it. Nowhere my package was. No when my package would be delivered, I called they told me where to pick up. I drove there to pick up. And No package! I called them to have it delivered again. They said they would. 4 days later I called them again. And my package was nowhere to be found. They said they would deal with sender. WHAT! I’m the one that was affected by their incompetence of delivering a package. Horrible service.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

They are on time but really a little costly, but they were great friendly staff, always answered all my questions and didn’t have a issue. I would use them in the future if I needed them.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My deliveries have always been on time. No damages to my packages and they place them in a secured area if I am not in. I can count on them for my shopping and everyday shipping needs.They're a great service.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

UPS sucks in every way. They even lie about making delivery attempts when they're too lazy to do their job and actually deliver the parcels, and instead they deliver them directly to a drop-off location that's usually out of the way for the customer, and expect the customer to pick it up which defeats the purpose of using a courier if the items are not being delivered to a person's home.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I find 2 things about UPS that are important. They know who we are, since we go to the same office all the time. Therefore information is right there saving us time. We know when the package is going to be delivered and to this day we have never been disappointed. This is a bit more expensive than USPS but worth the pennies to get things out, and there are no surprises.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

They are normally consistent. Always knock on door and always bring package to front door. They are very professional and kind. I probably have only had 1 bad experience with them out of hundreds of great experiences. Also, management will follow up when there are problems. I do feel they care about my business.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

UPS for the most part does a very good job in both delivery and pick up. In all the years I have used them there has only been one incident that was negative. I haven't shipped anything recently with them so I am not sure if they are still more expensive than USPS so I won't comment on cost. Most of the companies I shop with online use UPS and I satisfied with the service.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

They are usually good but I had a package delivered from Ca. To Colorado on 12/29 and didn't get there till 1-8.... Usually it only takes a few days. They really are usually good and maybe cause of New Years...

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

The driver said “no such address.” I had to pickup my package at their store. That is not good customer service, just laziness. Customer service is a lost art if you ask me and it’s not just UPS... USPS is also guilty, it seems no one cares anymore.

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Information