3.48/5
Based on 2,757 ratings submitted in the last year

4629 United Parcel Service - UPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 4, 2019

I've had three packages shipped to me UPS. The first two were delivered at 9:30 pm. The third was lost. Yet over and over again I was reassured "all was well." The agents repeat the same standard lines and just tell you to "wait," it "will show up." People complain about USPS, but their service is exemplary compared to UPS.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I sold a piece of medical equipment to our customer here on Long Island, NY. The equipment was purchased from a company out of China, so they shipped the equipment to a brokerage company in FL. The company in FL, shipped the equipment to us via UPS Ground. When tracking the package, it was due for delivery by the end of the day Friday, 3/29/19. My company was in the middle of moving to a new office just one town over on that same day. I called to see if the package could be rerouted to the new location, and UPS said it could not be. So I told the person in customer service at UPS that there was a chance no one would be there that day to receive the package.

They informed me that will would make 2 other attempts to deliver. So I said "great" - I could have the landlord or new company who took our old space receive the package and get it delivered to my end user on time for Monday, 4/1/19. So UPS was FULLY AWARE that we were moving that day. The driver arrives to deliver the package and sees a printed sign in the window stating we have moved to "x" address. So instead of setting up a second attempt, or sending the package to the hold for pick up location here in our county, they took it upon themselves to return to sender, ground. There was NO consent for this to take place, nor was I informed there would be charge for the return.

I called UPS and spoke with the customer service supervisor who's name was Angel, and I spoke with the billing supervisor who's name was Sandy - I begged to have the package rerouted and they refused. I spoke with the manufacturer in China, as well as the brokerage company in Florida who was the original sender... No one could help me. This customer will never purchase from my company again, the manufactures name has been tarnished, and we will never use UPS again. All because they refused to correct an error on their end. The amount we now have to pay because of the return, as well as having it shipped back to NY - is more than the commission of the sale itself. UPS should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: April 3, 2019

The date of delivery we get a message: receiver refused delivery. The Post Office, which was the receiver, did NOT refuse delivery, UPS had not even been there yet. UPS advised to have sender give alternate address, which was immediately done. UPS supervisors first assured package would be redelivered same day. Soon, we got a message advising it would be delivered a WEEK LATER! We spoke again to supervisors who guaranteed delivery next day. Late at night, an agent confirmed alternate address and next day delivery.

Early in the morning, we got a message: the package was again being returned to sender, the address had been reverted to the original address, and again, driver said receiver refused delivery. All along, we could not speak to a manager, and the agent just apologized for a millionth time adding that their hands are tied. Nobody could speak to whatever main location has radio contact with the driver to answer why this was happening. Worst customer service, worst parcel service. WIll never use again.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Today I learned that UPS acts as a middleman between USPS and Customer if the package has to be delivered to PO Box address. I know it's officially quoted that UPS holds no responsibility if a package is shipped through them to a PO Box address. The main concern now I see is if that so why would UPS loot money from people by surcharging for something that they won't be responsible? Why goes print shipping label through UPS? WHY do guys receive the package that should be shipped to PO Box?

Please direct people to USPS, my humble request not to accept such packages to which you won't bear any responsibility and charge them with overhead cost just to profit yourself. Please don't make people fools by charging them unnecessarily and direct them to USPS. Just by receiving the package, charging some extra money, not being responsible for such PO Box packages will make UPS to lose hopes among people. Such a waste of time and money. Broken...

Original review: April 2, 2019

The UPS delivery service is not good. When driver make first attempt and don't find you home they take to another location even if you requested next day delivery. They try to take the address of the package so they won't have to deliver again. You should call in and ask about the package.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: April 2, 2019

I had issue with shipment and I wanted to come up with resolution. Instead of come up with any resolution they don't want to come up with anything. Then I told them I would not deal with UPS then they emailed me back saying, see below... "We respect your decision if you prefer to not use UPS on your future shipment." Sincerely, Blessa Customer Resolution Group. This is worst customer service I ever seen and I can tell they don't want your business...

Original review: April 2, 2019

I reached out after one week of my product not being delivered. They inform me that it was stolen/lost. Customer service was horrific. Did not answer any of my questions and transferred me FOUR different times to FOUR different people who said "How can I help?" Additionally, it was huge language barriers which caused the conversation to be redundant and not understood. The customer service rep could not understand me and I could not understand them. Needless to say, my product is lost/stolen, I have no money back and UPS did not do a thing.

Original review: April 1, 2019

March 14 2019, I ordered my birth certificate from vitalchek.com that sent me a receipt of my order as well as a tracking number for UPS. March 18, 2019 @ 3:00 pm my package was supposed to be delivered; however, UPS never showed to my address. I left the house briefly at 6 pm to pick up some dinner my bestie and I; therefore, no one was home at the time. Approximately between the hrs of 6:30 to 7 pm I called UPS to verify when my package will be delivered they informed me it was already delivered. I advised rep no one @ the residence signed for my birth certificate. They tell me today April 1 2019, someone signed Payton so I asked for a handwriting analysis for my bestie and myself; the rep stated the investigation is closed. This morning another rep said a driver will come out and an investigator will call. I am highly upset...I'm gonna call me a lawyer. This is to stressful and the anguish is too much. Identity thief is real UPS.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I began using UPS to ship packages for my business in the Fall of 2016. My new account manager, Hayden **, was helpful in getting my new account set up and always responsive when I had a question. However, he did lie to me about one thing: when my invoices needed to be paid. He just said that the UPS billing department would call me if I waited too long to pay them. I was switching over from FedEx where my invoices were billed monthly, and I always paid it immediately upon receipt. So that's what I was doing at UPS--paying it once a month. UPS sent me paper invoices for the first month, then discontinued sending them all together, so I wasn't even sure what I was being billed.

Later, I received an email that Hayden was no longer my account manager, and that moving forward it would be James **. Shortly after that, I tried contacting James via email and phone calls--no response from him... FOR MONTHS!!! Finally, I had to go above James and speak to his boss, Dan ** and, what do you know? James finally gets around to calling me. It's so nice of UPS that they were able to rope me in by switching my business shipping over to them, and then once my account was established with them, they suddenly became unavailable for any help whatsoever. Finally, I was able to have James help me figure out how to view my invoices online, and what do you know? Hundreds of dollars in late fees because UPS requires their invoices to be paid weekly!

I went back to Dan ** and complained about all the late fees and the lack of response from James ** for such a long period of time. He told me they would do better and responding and promised to remove ALL the late fees. They just wanted me to pay for my recent two-weeks worth of unpaid invoices first, which I did. Then I look at my account and find out that they refund part of the late fees. I called Dan ** to inquire why all the late fees hadn't been credited back to my account, and his response was, "Oh, I didn't mean ALL of the late fees, just some of them."

I promptly told Dan that I was tired of being lied to and that I would like to speak to his boss, to which he replied that anyone above him that I spoke to would refer my complaint back to him, i.e. that there was no one else higher up to speak to besides him. I told Dan to close my account. Surprisingly, he didn't care to lose my business, even though I paid upwards of $1000 in shipping fees to UPS per month. I moved my business back to FedEx and haven't had any problems with FedEx since. Lesson learned! My advice for other businesses out there: Don't use UPS! You will get royally screwed!!!

Original review: April 1, 2019

UPS is just a terrible company to use. They promised to deliver an important parcel within a generous four hour window. Not only they didn’t show up as promised on that day, but didn’t even have the common decency to notify me of any delays. I wasted all the time and beyond but to no avail. The following day, and as if nothing happened, they notified me that the parcel will be delivered three days later than originally scheduled and that I needed to wait for another four hours for their delivery. They are totally unreliable and unprofessional with no regard for their clients. I definitely will never use these people again nor recommend UPS to anyone else.

Original review: March 31, 2019

This company is the most unreliable courier service. Constant delays even when you express ship. If possible use FedEx or USPS if you want your package on time. I won't be using this company anymore if I have choice to choose an alternative courier.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Poor Service – Tracking No. **. Have received a parcel from USA through M/s. UPS Express Private Ltd. India on 30/3/19. Invoice value of parcel was 59.01 US $ i.e. INR Rs. 4,050.10 but UPS Express Private Ltd filed Bill of Entry with Customs department for 176.97 US $ with assessable value Rs. 12,387.0 and charged Customs duty Rs. 5,213/-. Due to mistake of Courier Company, higher Customs duty was charged on Assessable value of Rs. 12,387/- instead of Rs. 4050/- + freight. You are therefore, requested to refund the differential amount at the earliest.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Oh boy where I start? Simple: do not use them!!! I stayed all day long on the phone with them, scheduling a pick up, and then the driver arrived, 3 seconds, departed without taking my packages or waiting for me. I had to reschedule a pick up. I could not, had to depart the following day, so I decided to drop off my packages on the closest drop off location, so I did, one by one, 80 pounds, 5 packages. Good. The driver arrived, and said he would take only one package with that tracking number, departed leaving all my boxes there. We are on a Friday. The owner of the drop off business called me so stopped whatever I was doing, ran there and called the company back, to check what was wrong, they could not say but looked that maybe the packages would have been picked up by the day. Ok.

I returned home at 8 pm, passed by the business, guess what? My packages were still there. Called them again: they told me they would not be able to pick them up before the following Monday. I tried to explain that I lost the entire day for them to pick them up on the day, for safety, as the business was very busy, especially during the weekend, but no, they could not do anything. I asked why the first driver did not waited for me? He had no time. He is on a schedule, ok. I asked why the second driver refused to pick up my boxes from the drop off point, they did not know, but I could open a complain if I wanted, I said, "Thanks, no need, all I need is that these packages, someday, maybe, will have a driver picking them up for delivery." Maybe.

Now I am going to have a very long trip and instead to think about the trip, the practical things to be done I will be in a constant anxiety for these packages, left there, on a public business, for over 2 days, and only God know if and when they will ever be picked up. Still interested to ship with this company? Go ahead, good luck! Me, I am done with them, thanks.

Original review: March 29, 2019

We ordered a package and we got it on time. So no problem there. However, the driver threw the box at our front door. This is absolutely ridiculous! It wasn’t a heavy box by any means. The driver scanned it, then flopped it right on our porch. And I was standing right there... Poor service and I’m glad I don’t ship anything via UPS. (Driver was in truck I59269, in Grandville Michigan.)

Original review: March 28, 2019

Worst shipping company ever!!!! I was home the whole day waiting for my packages and guess what the tracking said? Unable to deliver around 3:42, mind you I was home. I've had to call customer service about 5 times and have not received my package yet 2 days later. I'm still waiting. They are liars. The driver didn't even come to my apartment, now they have my package at a UPS office in Hialeah instead of dropping it off at my house. Currently on hold with customer service yet again. UPS is a joke!!!!

Original review: March 28, 2019

I ordered a product from Amazon in January, UPS email notification said it would be delivered on a particular day. Particular day arrived, UPS notification stated that my shipment was delivered, BUT... the item from Amazon never arrived, and it's now March. Two weeks ago, I went through the exact ordeal where I received confirmation of package arrived, but it's nowhere in site. I tried calling customer service (the worst!) and couldn't speak with a customer service rep w/ out my UPS tracking ID. Okay, that's fair. But when I gave my tracking number, a recording said that the U.S. Postal Service has it now and UPS is no longer involved, promptly said goodbye and hung up! What the heck!? UPS has really gone downhill. So disappointing that they don't care about their reputation. Final words of advice... DO NOT USE UPS! Drive if you must get it, or buy local.

Original review: March 28, 2019

On time and professional. When they say it will be there it will be there. Their tracking system is easy to use as well. When I had a missing package they got together with the store and a new product was on its way in just a couple of days. The drivers are always friendly and courteous.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Whatever you do DO NOT SHIP with UPS. I sent a package to a friend in Sweden and it was supposed to be signed for but it never was and it was not delivered. 40+ days later and they are still saying they are investigating what happened. No other company has such poor service. I hope to see my refund of 177.00 but I'm not sure. So do not ship with UPS... Call someone else. Save yourself the hassle.

Original review: March 27, 2019

The driver has lied 3 times about delivery... yet the company keeps him and does nothing. Took 8 days to find out what I already knew, he had not delivered package and yet lied and said he did... and scanned it delivered!!!

Original review: March 26, 2019

When you buy something online or shipping your belongings to another home either way if it's multiple items big and small to one item with my experience UPS is always the slowest company to go with. When I order two things online from the same state but one with USPS and the other with UPS. I waited till that following Monday. USPS delivery first, UPS followed behind them two weeks later. Very disappointed. Dont use them for anything. If I could rate negative would definitely.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Shipped my deceased mother's precious gifts given to her back to myself in Arizona after her death. Delicate items of wood and glass packed properly and in front of the store employee. UPS was known as the shipper and to date, accepted the claim, stated the damaged box and items did not need to be investigated. And then done nothing. On hold as the UPS employee, after many former attempts, agreed to call Arrow Ace in Owatonna to discuss the claim. A measly $100 claim here. After a long pause, I was told I have to establish "value" of the 3 items claimed to get paid. And give supporting documents. On older items my parents possessed for years? Not acceptable. UPS and Arrow Ace Hardware is a screw job. Don't ship there.

Original review: March 26, 2019

For a month I have been trying to get UPS to deliver on the date when I will be at my condo. Four times they sent the wrong date, two times they delivered it on the wrong date. I am still trying to get them to get it right.

Original review: March 26, 2019

We are moving and ordered a mattress. We received an email stating the package is out for delivery, since around 12pm. No delivery window or information at all, just that. Unlike, FedEx where a window of time is actually provided or USPS which does the same thing. We wait all day, call customer service 3 times and still, out for delivery. Finally, it is 8:30 PM and we call UPS customer service once again, only to get the same answer, out for delivery. At which point we asked for a manager, only to find out our package was never even loaded on the truck and will not be delivered until the next day. If they remember to load it onto the truck. 2 days in a row and the package has failed to make it to my home after wasted days and time... UPS needs new management and customer satisfaction and package handling training to ensure things actually happen as expected. Unbelievable and unacceptable business practices.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have ordered an item from Amazon and it had shipped through UPS. My item was lost and so the seller had sent out a replacement and shipped through UPS once again. It's been about a month now to get my item and yet UPS is asleep and had misplaced my replacement and had caused another delay. I really don't get UPS, who once was great at delivery and now crap. They must have some dumb new people working for them, making their ratings go down very quickly. I'm very unhappy with UPS and will not have another item delivered by them until they get there heads back on straight.

They didn't even offer any kind of shipping discount for the bad delivery they have done so far. Even the seller had refunded me my money back and gave me the item free due to UPS's mistake and stupidity. Shows you how nice UPS is on their mistakes, by letting others pay for their problems, if I were you I wouldn't have UPS deliver your items unless you want them a month late or not at all without telling you what has happened to your items. It was the seller that had to fill me in on what happened to my shipping, not UPS. Not even one word from them. Just it's delayed even though it was lost, and then the second one it's delayed again. DON'T GO UPS, go FEDEX OR USPS. They at least tell you what's going on with your shipment. This is my UPS story.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I supposedly had a package delivered this past Friday. Nothing ever arrived but shows as delivered by the tracking number. Called UPS was told they would contact local dispatcher who would contact driver and call me back within an hour. Nothing. Called back Saturday. Was told driver had already left premises and would call on Monday. Well it's Monday and heard nothing.

Filed a claim, 2 hours later they called me said they were investigating. I look an hour later and it states under my account investigation is closed. I again called and am told that it is closed because I have to file a claim with Amazon. I did not buy it from Amazon I bought it from eBay. I told this moron 10 times. So what she is telling me is I have to file a claim on Amazon for an item I purchased from eBay. They are going to do nothing. I have now filed a claim on eBay even though the seller is not at fault. The idiots at UPS lost the package but are putting responsibility basically on the seller who did nothing wrong. I WILL NEVER USE UPS EVER AGAIN!!

Original review: March 25, 2019

I was expecting a parcel on March 22, 2019. It was coming from the US and the sender paid for 2-day delivery (sent it on March 20). I watched the tracking online and saw it was in my area by 9 am on March 22. Imagine my surprise to see online at 5 pm that "an attempt was made to deliver at 4:58 pm". I was home the entire time and no UPS truck came to the house! I called the 1-800# and was advised the driver "must have gone to the wrong address". Then I get a call from the depot in my area and was advised the parcel is missing the COD paperwork and so the driver never bothered to try and deliver and will come on March 25.

I asked about the parcel being delivered as I was home and was there was no driver to bring it; even though residential deliveries are made until 7 pm and it was only 6 pm. The sender inquired about getting a refund or credit and was told that UPS doesn't do that since there was an attempt to deliver. There was no attempt!!! I was here! No one phoned! No one came to the door!!! So, no parcel, one person says attempt was made to deliver, another says no attempt was made and still I sit here with no parcel and sender gets no refund. What a great way to do business. Am very disappointed.

Original review: March 24, 2019

They took a package of mine to Charlotte, NC from California. It arrived badly damaged. They gave me the option of having someone pick it up to inspect the damage, or I could drop it off at their center. Ever since, I get two conflicting status reports, one saying they cannot retrieve the package for inspection, so they are denying my claim, or that it was returned to California (true) due to it being refused in Charlotte (not true). Now they have charged me for return freight to California. MY local driver said he saw it on their dock, asked his manager if he really should re-deliver the mess to me, and his manager said no. So, they are denying my claim for damages, have charged for for shipping two ways, and I get a different answer as to what's going on from every person I speak with at UPS.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Just received an update that the UPS driver attempted to deliver my package and that I wasn't available. Bold-Face LIAR! I rearranged my entire schedule to be home today waiting for this important delivery. I also have a delivery preference signed that if I'm not home that packages should be left at my front door. This IDIOT NEVER even came into my neighborhood or knocked on my door. Lazy POS... Worst company ever. I called support immediately after the update and I noticed they were now planning to leave pkg at a UPS store for me to pick up. This is unacceptable - to cause me to have to miss time at work for this due to their incompetence! Get it together or get out of the business! Support claims they have no way to get in touch with the driver that has my package. To be a logistics company, why the heck can't they track and route pkgs? Get out of the Delivery Business!

Original review: March 23, 2019

Worst of worst... They can't even knock on your door... Hardly receive my package when they are the courier... I just wish I can give them zero star. Always lost my package using them. They are so reckless.

Original review: March 22, 2019

The worst shipping company I've dealt with. An absolute disaster if you live in NYC. The drivers hardly ever leave the packages when no signature is required because it "isn't safe." All my other packages from USPS get to my address just fine. I've never had an issue with postal service. 90% of my packages from UPS, however, are not delivered. It takes days of delays to finally get my packages. They lost packages before, resulting in a 2 week late package. The customer service department never has any answers and just transfers you around back and forth. It feels like talking to a brick wall. Despite repeated negative experiences, UPS makes no efforts to make things right with consumers. The worst delivery service on the market. If I could avoid having to use UPS, I would literally never use their services again.

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Information