3.75/5
Based on 5,566 ratings submitted in the last year

4778 United Parcel Service - UPS Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

You pay for "next day air" and your package still doesn't arrive 3 days later. Calling 1-800-ASK-UPS doesn't help either. All you hear is "we apologize" or "we understand your frustration". Maddening! Next day air means nothing except that they take your money.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

They treat their package handlers/Unloaders like slaves! They expect you to work at a fast pace but pay low as hell. How is the pay still 14.25? On top of that we only get 3-4 hours of work meaning we receive a 200-301 paychecks not including the high taxes they take out plus union dues. I’d rather work for amazon and or Fedex because UPS is very cheap and extremely inconsistent! They’ll raise pay and reduce hours yet they’re a 103.18 Billion dollar company! Amazon treats their workers with respect and treat others how they should be treated. It’s mostly one race in the area I am in and I always feel singled out / mistreated. My manager doesn’t really do much about it. She goes along with it. I’m a young 19 year old and I have no idea what to do or where to turn. Can anyone give me advice please?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

HONEST.... This is the worst delivery service ever. I will not buy anything that ships UPS... I love FEDEX and USPS but will only buy from companies that ship this way. I belong to USP but the drivers never listen to the directions you give them. So what is the use? FedEx and USPS keep up the great work!! The women in the CSR are horrible to deal with yet all the men are very kind and do a great job. If you get the local hub the girls give you a very hard time but the guys are great. I would work with men any day compared to women and I am not prejudiced. I think men just do this job better.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

By leaving a package or parcel at someone's door address without ringing bell or even knocking is not only unsafe but poor business practice, opening the gates to theft and insurance claims, not to mention angry customers who were home at the time to receive such deliveries. How can such a large company have such poor ethics and policies baffles the mind.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

They are very unprofessional. I waited all morning for my package. I happen to look at my email they sent. It said it was a, "Attempt made. We will re attempt Monday." Mind you it’s Saturday. I been sitting on the porch from this morning then been sitting by the window that’s been open on the first floor and the 3rd floor. No one never came. I don’t know if the driver was lazy, didn’t feel like dropping it off, rushing because it’s Saturday or if he left it at the facility or what but I called the company number. They had no direct numbers for the driver or the facility where my package was.

For them to be this big of a company it’s no way they this unprofessional at all. I’m very disappointed and upset because I was waiting for another package from a different company along with this one that I need for my other package. I am dehydrated and tired from not drinking no water so I wouldn’t go back and forth to the bathroom then sitting outside in the heat on the porch and by the window all day and after I called it was still no resolution after their error they made.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I bought boxes from UPS to ship my stuff to Cornell University, Ithaca from Boston. When the boxes arrived to Ithaca, one of them was not in the box I had packed it in--this was some beaten down box that wasn't a UPS labelled box. I opened the box, and all of my stuff was just shoved in there, whereas I had packed everything neatly. My hypothesis is that the original box was somehow damaged during shipping, and so they just shoved all my stuff in some other left over box. They never bothered to tell me why, even though I had provided contact information while paying for the shipping.

The irony is that I had packed the stuff in UPS's own boxes--which they say are supposed to be strong! But they don't seem to last shipping between Boston and New York! Some of my other boxes, which not bought from UPS and also had more stuff in them, turned out fine. I don't trust UPS cardboard boxes anymore. I had also paid $6 extra per box so that they would only be dropped off if someone signed for them. I wasn't there to sign for the boxes myself, but if I was, I would never have signed for the damaged box because of the poor condition it arrived in! I couldn't even recognize my own box!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I ordered an 18 foot Sunsetter motorized awning that was to be delivered by UPS Freight. I signed onto the UPS website to get delivery information to my cell and email. The order listed my home phone for contact as well. I received the following text: "07/24/2019 10:33 A.M. San Leandro, CA, United States Arrangements for appointment attempted." I checked my answering machine, voice mail and email and came up with no contact whatsoever. I called customer service 2:00pm July 26 to inform them that no contact had been made for a delivery appointment. After apology, the agent promised to have someone from San Leandro contact me within the hour. That did not happen that day or the next, or at all.

I called back on July 30 to complain about the lack of contact and delivery scheduling. After apologies the agent asked to put me on hold while she contacted San Leandro to get me scheduled. After 15 minutes of holds, I was put in contact with a guy in San Leandro who asked me what I wanted. I asked if he had my tracking and delivery information and he said he did but he was not the scheduler, who was at that moment, busy. I asked if he could get it scheduled and he said "sure, when do you want it". I told him Friday afternoon, August 2 at 3:00pm. He said ok and confirmed my delivery address. I then received the following message: "07/30/2019 9:15 A.M. San Leandro, CA, United States A delivery appointment has been scheduled with the consignee." Feeling somewhat sure that I would have my delivery on Friday, I arranged for contractors to come Saturday to install the awning.

The delivery was never made Friday and I received no contact on any media. I had to cancel my contractor with no idea when the delivery would be made so I could reschedule. Today (August 3) I call "customer service" only to find they have no weekend customer contact. This has been, and remains one of the worst customer experiences I've had (and continue to have). At the least, one would expect a company like UPS to honor their commitments and to provide a way of rectifying repeated failure - even on a weekend.

Original review: July 30, 2019

If I could give them a negative I would. UPS OPENED my package and took two shorts out and reseal it with clear packing tape. It was shipped in the grey plastic so it was very noticeable. The the seal had been ripped open but let's start from the beginning. I have My Choice UPS. All package are to be left at my local store for pick up. Never had a problem until now...It's not a surprise as to why they didn't send it to the store for pick. It had been open. When the carrier scanned it he scanned it left a local UPS ready for pick. But really he delivered it to the front door. When I open the door I asked, "Why wasn't it delivered to the carrier state?" I may as well be asking the dirt on the ground. This is rude and disrespectful.

From now on I'm requesting all my seller ship my item through someone else because I refuse to have things stole from by a company that is supposed to be trustworthy. UPS NEED TO DO A BETTER BACKGROUND CHECK OF THEIR EMPLOYEES because they seem to be hiring criminals who steals people's hard earned money and I was in contact with their customers service and they were no help.

Original review: July 28, 2019

I had done a next day air return shipment of our Passport from Canada VFS through the UPS store, Colorado, USA. I waited for my package for two days thinking UPS might have loads of delivery to be taken care of but after many follow ups over phone - one of the supervisor (Mathew) from customer care helpline helped us in looking for the package and informed that the package has been misplaced so after this information we rushed to the UPS Customer center based in IVY street Commerce City. Further to our inquiry there we came to know that the package arrived on 07/23/2019 3:16 P.M. Commerce City, CO, United States and two days continuous arrival and destination scans were done on the package but it never went into the delivery van.

On July 25th evening we left our job in between and reached the Commerce City Customer center. The supervisor then called the driver and the driver informed that he does not have the package physically in the van, even though the destination Scan mentioning out for delivery was done physically by one of the employee on the same day, i.e. 07/25/2019 10:15 A.M. CO, Commerce City, USA. The UPS employees are acting so casual that it's like just a piece of paper which is lost and showing no responsibility towards it. It's very disappointing.

Original review: July 27, 2019

The service I received was horrible and the customer service agents are very rude. They have no respect or care for their customers or the product they deliver. They lied to me constantly about my package and I still haven’t received it. I will never use their service again or shop with anyone who uses their service. My kids were waiting for shoes to start school and although I purchased in a timely manner, it never arrived in time or at all. My child is disappointed and so am I. Waited for a manager or supervisor but even they lied and upheld the reps in their wrong.

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Information