2. Moving

United Parcel Service - UPS
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.02/5

UPS Gallery (3)

United Parcel Service - UPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Parcel Service - UPS?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Because if it was, I would rate 0. Seldom or better I have never experienced such a low service level which should be reported to the Garda because is quite far below the level of legality. Is rather strange that dispatching something, when the package arrives in Finglas is rather sure that it will be damaged. Then nobody knows how to interact with them, to have proof and documentation about the damage they caused, pictures, a full report. I'm pretty sure all those damage that happen aren't only simply coincidences... who want to understand understands. What happens in Finglas that doesn't happens around the world? Why in some countries UPS is a reliable courier but here, in Ireland, in Dublin, for Finglas, it isn't? Ask you some questions, reflect for a while then you'll have the answer.

Recapping, stay far from them more than you stay far from a CoVid infectious person.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I'd give negative stars if I could. I am importing cigars into HK, once my shipment arrived, I had to call UPS to know how the duty process works as I just saw my parcel kept on hold without an explanation nor call, they made me change my import permit permit 7 times despite repeatedly asking them any further modifications were needed and was told all was ok. Due to UPS' inepsy and incompetence I now cannot change the import permit anymore and I have to get a new permit, pay the duty AGAIN and then chase customs for my refund. I want to file a complaint with customer care as this is absolutely unacceptable and ridiculous to be conducting business this way. I don't expect much from bureaucrat unthinking drones so I'm also leaving this review to make sure people don't go through the same nightmare. UPS has wasted my time and once this shipment is done, I never want to use them ever again. Avoid like the plague. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I'll keep this simple. I made a purchase from someone in Canada through eBay. When the package arrived, I was asked, by UPS, to pay an additional $168.59, of which $0.00 was US Customs Duties, $2.14 Govt. Charges other Than Duties, and $166.45 UPS Brokerage Charges on something that cost me $190. I was given the choice of paying an additional 88% of my original purchase for UPS brokerage fees, or my package would be destroyed. Bon Voyage Package, and I had no recourse to a refund. I lost $190 because of UPS's extortion. I don't know what else to call an unexpected 88% markup, for something I could have cleared through customs myself for free, if I had been given prior warning that UPS was being used.

If you are using UPS ground and shipping between Canada and US, please educate yourself on "Self Clearance" of items through customs and communicate with whomever you're shipping to or from. Actually I would recommend you avoid using UPS. USPS may be slow, but they won't try to extort you and in failing to do so, destroy your package.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Two packages that I was expecting have been lost by UPS during the last week. Their service used to be reliable. Their service is now unreliable, and I would use FedEx or Amazon (no problems with either).

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I called for my daughter's phone to be picked up from campground that we visited. After receiving tracking number the system tells me that my package has been delivered at a future date in a completely different state. I call customer service and am informed it was put in the system as a return to Amazon so I have to call Amazon. Amazon, of course has no idea what I am talking about because they can only search for orders in their system. I was told a Supervisor would call me back; it never happened. After I called back and had to go through the entire process I am finally connected to a Supervisor who tells me that there is absolutely nothing that can be done because they delivered it where I set it up. I called for it to be delivered to my house, gave the address for my house and asked for the phone call to be reviewed and was never given any answer other than there is nothing that they can do. Never will use them again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

Couple of days ago, I waited at home for UPS delivery of grandson's laptop I ordered from Lenovo as it requires signature to receive. From time to time, I kept checking from the front door to see if UPS truck is on my driveway. Then after a while I saw another small item sitting on the step at my front door (delivered by UPS, but did not require signature). At the same time, I saw a sticky Note on my front door saying "Sorry we missed you ..." -- this is for the laptop delivery that requires signature. The Note indicated that the package could be picked up at the nearby UPS Access Point on the next business day. The delivery driver DID NOT knock on my door nor pressed the doorbell to get people's attention inside the house. They simply placed the sticky Note on the door and ASSUMED that no one was home to receive the package (despite of a car parked on the driveway).

Immediately I managed to call the UPS Customer Service, and spoke to someone who was in the Philippines (across the globe from the USA). I told them that the driver DID NOT knock on my door to get my attention. I was told that because of COVID-19, the driver was NOT ALLOWED to knock on the door (as if the house is contaminated with virus). This is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard in my life. How could I know that one is outside my door if they don't knock? I demanded the UPS Customer Service person to call the driver and tell them to return to my address so I can receive the item that I was waiting on. She said she could not do it (I guess that's understandable, with her being in the Philippines and the delivery being in USA).

Bottom-line, it was the following day (afternoon) that the package was placed in the locker at the nearby Access Point, which I was able to pick up. I lost a bucket of blood in the miserable experience, but it's okay -- I'm still alive! My suggestion for UPS: Teach their drivers to knock on the door so people inside the house would know. To stay safe with the COVID-19, teach the drivers to find a piece of any hard object outside that they could use to knock gently on the door if they don't want to use their own knuckles. There are so many ways to get people's attention in the house. And besides, they have the customer's contact phone numbers -- they can always call. Teaching their drivers to use common sense could be very handy, and could also make their customers happy.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I continue to be very disappointed with the UPS delivery service. Cannot send packages to Penn States - they don't have an acceptable way to accept the mailing address on main campus without a building and zip code.

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2020

UPS Resolved the matter immediately and restored my faith in them. Thank you UPS.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

** In regards to this tracking number. This package was dropped off at the wrong address. After spending time calling twice by the way, the first rep told me they would dispatch the driver to retrieve the package and would call me back in an hour. I never received a call. When I called back to find out what was going on, a second rep told me that I was misinformed and that I would have to fill out an investigation form. Since this is the second package that has gone missing from the same shipper destined to arrive to me, I am officially angry.

This whole adventure has cost me thousands of dollars as what was shipped was a part of a design that I have been patiently waiting to complete. I don't want an apology UPS. I want my package found and delivered. I will not fill out forms for a mistake that you made. Instead I will spend my time utilizing my mass social media accounts to spread the word as to the lack of professionalism reliability UPS stands for. Since UPS has cost me money at this point, I will return the favor with the help of many of my friends in the law dept. and social media. I'm sure you will be hearing and seeing all about it shortly. Thank you for making me miss 2 deadlines and costing me money.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

Don’t bother with getting insurance. Shipped a glass globe, packaged in my own box (a box specifically made to ship a glass globe), and one lens was broken in transit. I paid for insurance up to $600, but that didn’t seem to matter. It was obvious the box had been dropped on its side. Only one lens broken, the box was fine as was the rest of the globe. UPS denied the claim, saying it was the packaging fault. Not the driver who carelessly handled the box and obviously dropped it. Not the handling person at the warehouse. Despite FRAGILE written all over the box, it was still handled carelessly. But UPS denied the claim with no real explanation, other than “packaging”. I’ll never use UpS again. USPS would have done a better job.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

The drivers pick and choose which deliveries they will do each day. If you are inconvenient for them they either refuse to deliver or make you wait a few extra days. Also they charge for things that they deny later even though they are right on your account. I have had nothing but undelivered packages and late deliveries that they can't and refuse to explain. They either hire the worst drivers or their company is bad. Maybe both.

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Information