2. Moving

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.91/5
Based on 3,726 ratings submitted in the last year

UPS Gallery (3)

United Parcel Service - UPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Parcel Service - UPS?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

My issue began with ordering cinnamon rolls from a Michigan bakery on 2-10-21. I didn't get a definitive shipping confirmation from the bakery so I was not aware that my delivery would be attempted on 2-12-21 and was not informed that there was 2 separate packages to be delivered therefore wasn't watching for anything and missed the delivery. I am signed up for the UPS MyChoice service which is supposed to provide for some measure of customization or more detailed tracking assistance and have set my alerts to come through my phone as text messages. This is how I learned that a delivery attempt had been made and I went downstairs and retrieved the UPS InfoNotice tag to see when I could expect a redelivery, only to find out that my package had been taken to what they are calling an "Access Point" location.

I have several issues with this process, especially where this involves food because this will cause an additional delay and items could arrive in a spoiled state if proper handling precautions are NOT being taken at every step, but the biggest issue is this was done "automatically" and NOT AT MY REQUEST. I went through the MyChoice website to immediately schedule redelivery to the original address of request. I checked the website on 2-13-21 and noticed that the access point was still listed, so I called and spoke to a UPS rep to ensure that my package would be redelivered to my residence and Absolutely NOT the access location. She pushed it through and assured me that it would be redelivered to me on 2-15-21.

I also asked, whose decision was it to take my package to an access point for me to pickup since it was not something I chose, her response was "I don't know" and I said "that's not something I chose, I can't go and pick up anything and I DON'T WANT MY PACKAGES GOING TO A DIFFERENT LOCATION". As of 2-13-21, I'm expecting 1 pkg to be redelivered on 2-15-21. Of course bad weather hit and UPS changed the delivery date to 2-16-21. I was a little concerned but hoped 1 more day wouldn't cause a huge issue and I hoped that my item was being properly stored.

On 2-16-21, I was concerned that there could be another delay because the weather was still bad but the website wasn't noting any additional delays but did show an additional tracking number, so I called UPS again to double check and was assured that my delivery was in fact due to be delivered to my residence on 2-16-21. I also asked why there was another tracking number and if I was to look for 2 packages. The rep asked for both tracking numbers and told me to hold on while she checked. When she returned, she told me there was only 1 package and both numbers were in relation to that same package. We both concluded that perhaps a new tracking number had been generated because of the scheduled redelivery.

I received 1 package as expected on 2-16-21. Upon inspection of the package, half of my order was missing and I emailed the bakery on 2-17-21 (I tried to call, but no answer and no voice mail) only to be told there were 2 packages and they had confirmation of delivery. 1 to the original order address (me) and the other, the access point (where I distinctly told UPS on 2-13 and 2-16-21, that I did not want ANY of my packages to be). After several back and forth emails with the not too accommodating bakery, they claimed that it was UPS's responsibility to reimburse me for the half of the order I didn't receive ($84.00) and didn't want a redelivery of a food product that had been sitting for over 5 days at this point.

Since I hadn't had heard anything else from the bakery, I decided to contact UPS on 2-20-21 to verify if the bakery had contacted them. 1st) The UPS rep kept telling me there was a package still waiting at the access point and did I want to schedule a redelivery to which I replied "Absolutely NOT, this is food, that has apparently been sitting god knows where since 2-12-21 at a location that I didn't request, NO, I don't want it redelivered, please schedule it to be RETURNED to the sender". 2nd) She finally stated she would put in the request and kept telling me what could be done on MyChoice even after I had already informed her that I had been on MyChoice and had already double checked my profile to ensure that it stated NOTHING about authorizing my packages to be delivered anywhere but to my address.

After that, I inquired again, "who decided to take my package to a different location than I (the customer) requested?" She replied, "This is something that UPS has decided to do". I said " They are doing this despite customers asking them to?" She replied,Yes. I stated "That's ridiculous, I can understand if I made that request, but I didn't and I want to make a formal complaint". It took multiple statements to her about who I could contact to lodge a complaint before she finally claimed she would put it through and someone would contact me on Monday, 2-15-21. I also followed the call up with a DM on the UPS help page to no avail because they regurgitated the same thing as the rep in using MyChoice and that there was NO option to OPT OUT of them deciding to send my package to a location I didn't choose.

I am still fighting with the bakery for a resolution and I am going to continue reviewing UPS in a bad light as long as they think it's ok for them to decide where my packages should go without my input. What I don't understand is how your website can realistically rate them 4 out of 5 when on the first page of reviews there are only 5 people out of at least 30 that have given them 1 star and negative reviews all over the place? Your rating doesn't seem to be realistic or believable. I'm glad I took the time to read multiple, individual reviews because your assessment is extremely misleading.

UPS has been doing a horrible job especially since the pandemic, in a time when people need them the most. Their customer service processes is a complete joke and NON-EXISTENT and your site is supposed to assist consumers. It doesn't help us one bit to pump up a horrible service when they don't deserve it. This is not my 1st bad experience with UPS and sadly it mirrors other experiences mentioned in some of the reviews. It seems that UPS doesn't care and have become too big to care. Sadly this seems to be the way for a lot of companies' customer services. I am going to try and do what others are doing and steer clear of doing business with UPS and the companies that are going through them as much as possible. I hope businesses read these bad reviews and adjust accordingly.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

My packages were never sent to Gibraltar Europe. Instead, 1 package was sent back to me extremely damaged, and the other is at the airport. I insured two packages of $500 worth of American Girl dolls and accessories (Christmas gifts) to Gibraltar in Nov 2020 UPS International Expedited for $455.80. After hundreds of calls and emails to find out why the package hadn't arrived despite tracking label changes to reflect Gibraltar EU not Gib UK, the package was stuck in Tamworth UK. We were told that there was no human being at the warehouse at Tamworth. The two packages possessed an address that indicated that the package was to be sent to Gibraltar EU, a British overseas territory with the corresponding zip code.

After several calls a day to UPS International Customer Service, UPS Customer Service, and UPS UK Customer Service, we were told different stories. The packages was at Luton Airport. The packages was en route to Gib EU. The packages were stuck in Tamworth, UK. On Dec 19th, we were told the packages were at the Luton Airport warehouse, and they were going to arrive to Gib EU on Dec 23rd. They never arrived. We called every other day after the 23rd to find out where the packages were. I was told that the packages were untrackable thus to fill out a claim. We were told the package was most likely lost. We filed a claim.

On January 4th, I was told over the phone that the packages were being returned to me. On Feb 16th, I was told that the packages had arrived. I went to pick up the packages. Only one had arrived, it was mangled. The contents were wrecked. I have pictures for proof. These are collector's items, and I was beyond surprised to see such significant damage. The second package is still missing. We have been in touch with UPS over 200 times. We have not received any response to our request for refund of damages and refund of shipping. We have written hundreds of emails, and receive no answers. I have all of the pictures and receipts for proof.

UPS has been unprofessional and unresponsive. We all have spent so many hours placed on hold over the phone. We have only received automated responses. All customer services representatives from around the world can not tell the complete story, truth, and do not possess the same information about the status of the packages. Nobody is taking any blame or action to rectify the various issues with the shipment, damages, and refund. Nobody responds to us with any answers to our questions and concerns. It is simply upsetting. We are exasperated. I just filed a complaint with the BBB.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

UPS can't compare to FedEx in terms of delivery in Tulsa, OK. I can understand severe weather delays and am sympathetic with the problems it causes all shipping companies. But, I was receiving packages thru FedEx after Tulsa UPS said they couldn't deliver due to weather. I have packages shipped from Earth City Missouri on February 5 which have not been delivered as of February 20 due to claimed "adverse weather. Yesterday FedEx delivered a 31 lb package while UPS was still claiming it couldn't deliver.

Today I received a FedEx delivery that was shipped from California by truck 5 days ago. Yet today once again UPS claims they can't deliver due to adverse weather. I just had new furniture delivered by Matthias Brothers in a large box truck, but UPS can't deliver due to adverse weather! It would seem there is another significant problem with UPS here in Tulsa and it isn't adverse weather. I have 5 packages held up and the best that UPS claims they can do is deliver on February 22? What is going on here UPS. Really a shame.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

A valuable package that was supposed to be delivered 2/12 was "lost". The recipient is leaving for HI 2/20 and when the package was "found" was told it can't be delivered until 2/22. It can't be rerouted and will be returned to us. And, we will have to PAY to have it shipped to him again! Their customer service: send email to the email address on their website--their response "This is an unmonitored service and no one will reply." Finally get a "customer service rep" and they can't speak English. Was passed on to 3 different people; and was told "No American here." Was told, "Not our fault, you have to pay." My LAST use of this company.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have recently had the misfortune to use UPS delivery service in the last 4 weeks. Out of 4 packages only 1 was delivered on time. The 4th package is still in limbo 10 days later on a 2nd day air purchase. The only update in 10 days showed the package (Hawaii origin to San Antonio) was in Louisville Kentucky on day 3. That listing was deleted now. It just shows in route. There are no phone numbers on the entire site to contact anyone to speak to. I have no idea where my package is currently. It is paperwork for a legal matter. I should have used the Post Office. It usually has excellent results.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I am not a big home delivery person. I don't get a lot of deliveries. But I did pay for overnight delivery of a prepaid card. UPS failed to deliver my package even thought they were tracked per their app within 2 blocks of my home. Their excuse the driver had too many packages and was unable to complete the deliveries as scheduled???? WHAT??? Totally unhappy and getting run around from company about refund of my $14.00 expedited shipping cost....Total **.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I paid for the services of UPS thinking that would be less trouble than the courier services of my country. Big mistake!! Not only UPS is 33% more expensive than the competitors, but also is a lot less efficient. Last time that I ordered something (was with another courier), the package was late, but only for a few days. Now with UPS, I have a lot of days of delay, they don't answer my emails, the phones are always busy and when they are not busy they simply don't answer!!! The worst delivery company that I have ever worked with!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Of four UPS packages to be delivered this week, only one of three was actually delivered. I’m guessing with this type of record and your unwillingness to put in the extra effort to get everything back on schedule this is a company going out of business. With one key package to be delivered Wednesday, Feb 10, there was an emergency exception. It was loaded on a mystery truck Thursday with a new exception issued on it before 6 pm. Then next day (day three in Tulsa) another exception before 4 pm. Then, I get a message of “in transit” so it can sit more days. Why not honor your agreements and catch up over the weekend with weekend people? There are no weather emergencies listed on your websites for the Tulsa area or my other delivery area that indicate weather problems. Put in the zip codes, and see it yourself! It shows all clear!

This morning, I tracked down customer service by phone, not well advertised, and a lovely man could only empathize and tell me “You are on for Monday, Feb. 15!” Really? Because that’s President's Day, so you all may take the day off. Oh, and it might snow and ruin someone’s inability to prepare for Winter, which comes every year. He also said a distribution manager would call me back. Hahaha. Hasn’t happened! For comparison, my 3 of 3 FedEx packages were delivered on time or early. Even USPS delivered as did, of course, Amazon. Not using you again, UPS, and telling every business I know to switch to FedEx.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

This package contained top secret Government documents and was supposed to be delivered on 2/10/21. I received notifications (all day) Wednesday, then that night I received a notification that due to the weather the package couldn't be delivered. Though Fed Ex was driving fine through the neighborhood. 2/11/21 I received a notification stating that the package would be delivered between 11-2pm, then one stating that it would be delivered before 5pm, then I received a notification that it would arrive by 9pm. Then, I received a notification after 9 pm that due to the bad weather the package couldn't be delivered. I saw a UPS truck on my street around 2-3pm and they could've delivered my package. So, obviously my package wasn't not delivered because of bad weather.

I called last night at 9:48 pm and spoke to Jason. I asked for a supervisor and was told that one would call me. I stayed up to midnight waiting for a supervisor to call. I called this morning and spoke with George, employee number **. He advised me that the package would be delivered today. I would like to make a complaint to the Corporate Office, but they don't take complaints. You can only email, which is useless. Our company will be doing business with Fed Ex from now on. This was a bizarre and unprofessional experience.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Absolutely the worst shipping company here. Money-grabbing, lazy, incompetent. I would give them zero stars. After a month going back and forth with their customer "service" I still haven't received my package. Avoid them at all cost!

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Information