2. Moving
  3. Shipping Companies

3.8/5 (2083 ratings)

About USPS

USPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: April 15, 2021

Had great experience with USPS in the past three years at Orangevale, CA, super fast 2-3 day delivery, actually often delivered the next day to San Francisco Bay Area. I always use USPS when I can. Thank you guys, greatly appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I manage a developing HOA community in south Fort Worth. Our community is serviced by the Benbrook Post Office (76126). We have CBU's installed in the community but owners cannot get mail because the CBU's are missing the master lock aka arrow locks. We have been to the Benbrook post office every single week to obtain a status update but they give us the same answer every time "there is only one (1) person that services the entire DFW metroplex and we have to wait our turn". They will not provide a work order number, confirm that the work order is in the system, let us know where we are in the queue, or how many are waiting in the queue.

After 6 months of weekly check-ins they now suggested that we file a report with Consumer Affairs. I have talked with several managers (as that station keeps revolving managers), district managers, and a supervisor to no avail. Since we are in development this problem has plagued us since the beginning and sadly we have several more phases to go. We would like to ensure our current and future residents are able to get their mail and packages instead of having to travel to the post office.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I used Click n Ship this morning to send a birthday present to my sister in NY.. I haven't used their service in quite a while and was a bit worried that it had changed and become more complicated,,, It did not print a shipping label but a scan code, Called Usps,, one hr wait,, In meantime called my local po,, They were not familiar with the new changes??? ok,,, Finally got a call back from the usps 800#,, She told me to take the scan code to my local post office and they would scan it and it would print the shipping label,,, Took it to my usual cottage po,,, No. They can't scan anything,,, Ok. Went to my post office and she scanned it and only produced a receipt!!,, THEN the postal employee told me to step aside and APOLOGIZED to people waiting behind me (2 minutes) and ignored me!! I asked for my package back and left very upset with my heart beating way fast due to being so upset,,!! What!

Went home and went on the usps website to file for a refund,,, My sister will NOT be getting her birthday present via usps click & ship,, ALSO there is no discount for using clicknship,,, It is the same price as going to the post office!! NEVER AGAIN... I don't know why but usps employees look down on their customers and if you have an outside the norm problem GOOD LUCK! They look down you as superior!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

USPS playing games again. My carrier lied and said they tried to deliver my pkgs and there were dogs so they could not. I had one order they split into two. Later my other pkg was delivered with no comments. I waited all day for the delivery. Had to look at my security cameras to see no one had attempted to make a delivery at the time stated. My carrier has done this before, refusing to deliver, and has said they delivered things they lost. This is why we want to get a new postal service. Now 1/2 of my order is going on five days late, if I ever get it at all.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I have had NUMEROUS experiences of ALLEGEDLY "lost" mail through the years even sending it CERTIFIED through the US Postal "Service". Probably the MOST flagrant was several years ago when I submitted a criminal complaint to the FBI here in Washington DC where I live about MAIL THEFT and FORGERY CASHING of my Social Security Disability check and it was "LOST" according to USPS AT THE DELIVERY FACILITY WITHOUT A TRACE even though there was a certified tracking number for it.

The LATEST incident was certified mailing to the DC Department of Health about a complaint of oral surgery malpractice by a local hospital (which I will ALSO post about) on June 1. I followed the tracking record of it and it showed that after being sent to the sorting and delivery facility here in DC the very next day, it was THEN SENT OUT TO a MARYLAND facility!! It does NOT make sense WHY mail sent from WITHIN DC TO an address IN DC would have to be RErouted OUT of the District!! ESPECIALLY SINCE the intended destination was JUST AROUND THE CORNER and slightly up the street from the post office I was mailing it at!!

I also saw in the following weeks that there was an INexplicable delay of the package, being recorded as merely "in transit". It took TWO WEEKS for it to (ALLEGEDLY) arrive at the intended address of the Department of Health, not being delivered until mid-month. I decided to go to the DOH on July 1 to see IF they had indeed gotten it because the tracking record showed it had not just been delivered but emphasized "DELIVERY TO THE FRONT DESK/RECEPTION?MAIL ROOM". I thought this SUSPICIOUS since I had NEVER seen a delivery recorded like THAT before and thought MAYBE I was being fooled with. I spoke to an administrator of the DOH and she told me they had NOT received it and she DIDN'T KNOW what had happened to it, but would check with their mail room to see if there was a record of it; which I am STILL WAITING to hear from her about.

I LOST five bucks on a USELESS certified mailing that I could have delivered there MYSELF, which I DID. I contacted the USPS Consumer "Advocate" office and the response was the local mailing facility for my area would be contacting me. A supervisor named "Carl **" at the "delivery annex" sent me an email that he would be investigating the cause of the delayed delivery AND the apparent LOSS of the packet. He NEVER contacted me subsequently about it despite my efforts to contact him.

I then submitted a complaint to the Inspector-General's Office to investigate for determination of whether there was mail theft and THAT simply referred me BACK to the local postal office!! There is NO WAY to contact the Postmaster-General himself about this because he apparently DOESN'T want to be bothered with complaints about his Department, which is probably WHY it sucks so much!! I then went myself back to it and obtained a copy of the "signature" scrawl that someone ALLEGEDLY signed for receiving it. I CAN'T tell whether it's genuine OR not and USPS is USELESS with attempting to resolve the issue since it keeps referring me BACK to the origin of the problem!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Today is my daughter's birthday. She hasn't been feeling well because of digestive problem. To comfort her I spent almost a week to prepare several kinds of her favorite food. The package was shipped using one day air express mail with dry ice, expected to be delivered today by 6PM, and I specifically used Perishable tag on the shipping box just try to avoid any shipping delay and keep the food fresh. Today I have been checking the tracking information, and waiting for the exciting moment. Unfortunately, around 3:15pm there is an update saying the package is ready for pick up at local post office without making any attempt delivery.

My daughter couldn't go out to pick up, so her boyfriend went to pick up with my daughter's ID. The local USPS office did not allow to pick up without seeing herself with the ID....Finally, the package was not released even when the local office closed for the day and they said they will deliver the package tomorrow. The dry ice inside the package was prepared only for one day. Tomorrow even the package delivered, the food cannot be eaten, and her birthday was missed.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I have had delivery issues with the USPS 3 times in the last 6 months. Once the package was too large for the apartment sized box, so rather than put on my patio, they just took it back to the post office. The only way that I knew to contact them was that the shipper was a family member. Filed a claim to locate package. I had to call and follow up to find out where it was.

More recently, a shipper sent my custom contact lenses to the wrong address. I contacted USPS PRIOR to delivery (same day) to request that the package be held at the USPS customer center for pick up. Package was delivered to the incorrect address 3 hours later. So either customer service did not contact the driver, or the driver disregarded the request. So now I get to go another six weeks without good eyesight while the shipper replaces the order. This could have been avoided if my customer service requested had been fulfilled.

It is beyond all understanding how an entity that blatantly disregards customers and is beyond incompetent is allowed to continue to exist. The USPS is not a SERVICE organization despite the word service being in their name. Perhaps Amazon should take over the USPS. What I do know is that the USPS needs to done away with and the employees should have to find jobs where they actually have to work and take care of customers.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

In the past year, I have mailed out exactly 3 items via USPS, each processed in person by staff at my local post office branch. NONE have been delivered. One, I mailed documents to the State of Michigan. They were never received by the state. Two, I mailed documents to an appliance company for a recalled item. Again, never delivered. Three, I have now shipped a package to an out of state address, and while tracking shows it quickly reached the destination city, it has been held at the local post office there for four days without attempted delivery, with tracking site claiming "This is at the customer request", which is a lie. Various online complaints which I have read state that this "customer request" lie is commonly used by the post office as generic cover up for failure to deliver. It's no wonder they run at a loss of many billions of dollars every year. Personally, I will never use their services again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I have a small female run clothing business. We have a brick and mortar store as well as a busy online website. For months I've been signing up for business pickups with email confirmations. Our driver refuses to stop and pick up our packages even when we have our confirmations printed out. After months of calling USPS and them sending me on wild goose chases I finally got through to the right contact (shout out to Christina!) After Christina spoke with this driver's supervisor about her behavior, the driver barged into our small business. In front of customers she aggressively berated us for "telling on her" threw out numerous curse words. When we explained that she's not doing her job she got so infuriated we were genuinely concerned she would get physical. Eventually she left SLAMMING the door on her way out.

This is COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL, UNACCEPTABLE and downright DANGEROUS. STAY AWAY FROM USPS FOR YOUR BUSINESS. I will gladly pay whatever financial difference to UPS for friendly and efficient service. I have met some excellent USPS drivers however, when you get stuck with a horrific one there is no accountability.

Original review: July 31, 2021

There is a bully Supervisor there by the name of PJ ** and as a lot of the employees know she is no good!!! There is enough meanness in this world already! She is awful!!! The so called Postmaster can't understand what you're talking about and will direct you somewhere else because he can't figure it out! Then, there's the lazy manager that doesn't investigate bullies in the workplace! STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: July 31, 2021

I sent my package on July 7th 2021 and I was promised delivery on July/12th/2021. My package has not been delivered up to today July 30th 2021. I have tried to call but I can't get to someone. I went to service center in Waterbury and they gave a number to call Hartford consumer center. I called the number, every time I call no one answers, the recording asks for your number and name and promise to call you back in 24 hours. I have called for 12 days and every time the system will ask you for name and number and no one has ever called me back. My documents had personal information and now I don't know what to do.

USPS author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the official and original postal service for the United States. Ever since Benjamin Franklin was appointed as the first postmaster general in 1775, USPS has been delivering mail to people across the country. Today, USPS has expanded its services to also include international shipping, package shipping and priority mail.

• Easy to use: Anyone can send mail through USPS by using their home mailbox or dropping their mail off at any post office in the United States. Consumers and businesses can also arrange for package pickup online, making it easy to mail packages without leaving home.

• Mail options: USPS offers several mailing options so consumers can find a shipping timeframe and cost that meets their needs. Priority Express fees start at $22.95, and shipping runs seven days a week, so packages will be delivered on weekends. First class mail is available to send items weighing up to 13 ounces. Stamps cost only 47 cents, and your parcel will be delivered within one to three business days.

• Precious Cargo Box: Consumers who are sending fragile items can purchase a Priority Mail Precious Cargo Box. These boxes ship for a flat rate and include $50 worth of insurance. They include polyethylene foam dots or inserts that prevent items from moving during transport. Precious Cargo Boxes are available in three sizes.

• Shipping insurance: Consumers and businesses can purchase insurance to cover the cost of their package up to $5,000 for standard mail in the event of damage or destruction. Most priority mail shipments automatically come with $100 worth of insurance, and more can be added on for an upcharge.

• Military and diplomatic mail: Send packages to your loved one who is in the military for the price of domestic shipping, even if they are overseas. Save an additional two dollars when you use a large flat rate box. You can print off a label complete with custom forms right from your home printer and arrange for home pickup to simplify the process of sending a package to the military overseas.

USPS Company Information