1.11/5

Last updated: April 18, 2018

6822 USPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

Ordered a package off Amazon and they used USPS to ship. They said attempted delivery. I was home all day. No one came. Call the number to find out if I could pick up. No note was left on the door. Had to call the number 10 time not joking to get through to a person was waiting 40+min then to be transferred and hung up on. They don't call you back so you don't have to go through the line again. So back on the phone trying to get through to a person. Their phone sorting device sucks. By far the worse one. I feel bad for anyone who has to use USPS. Would not recommend, highly recommend avoiding them at all costs.

Original review: April 18, 2018

So on Monday, I had a package that said delivered on tracking. I went to look for it and it wasn't there. I figured I would wait a day because sometimes they're marked as delivered but come the next day. Then, I came home the next day and THE DAY AFTER THAT to no package. I then asked my local post office what was going on. They used the latitude and longitude of the system when the package was scanned alongside the same latitude and longitude when another package (that I actually received) was scanned. They were both scanned in the exact same spot (my driveway) on that first day. I was told to call them if I still couldn't find it the next day because they had no clue where it would've went.

Keep in mind I have never had a mail thief here, ever. So today, they call me and say, "Yeah, we talked to the carrier and she said she left it in the same spot as the other package the day it was marked as delivered. She specifically remembers leaving it there." Uhhh, obviously not because it WASN'T THERE. They basically said they couldn't help me and that they don't know what could've happened, they probably thought I was crazy. Now I'm considering a theft, but that's weird because the other package was there.

I pretty much concluded that my package was gone forever and that I need to re-order the item. Not even 20 minutes after I re-order, I get a text from my mother that says, "Your package just got delivered". OH, YOU DELIVERED IT ON MONDAY EH? THEN WHY IS IT BEING DROPPED OFF NOW? I'm just peeved because they could've checked to see if they left it in a car or maybe they just forgot to deliver it. No, instead the mail carrier lied about "specifically remembering putting that package down on Monday" and caused the other people at the post office to automatically dismiss me. At least say, "Oh yeah! That might be in my car!" Or "I think I delivered it but maybe I'm wrong, I'll check." Overall, I'm pretty angry about this whole ordeal.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 18, 2018

Since Jan. 2018 I have had family, friends, and clients use the USPS Priority Overnight service from South Jersey and most recently from Florida to overnight to my post office box in Maine. How hard could an overnighted envelope (or 3) confirmed by the USPS at a rate of $25 to arrive the next day, or possibly even a day later, be? It's proven by USPS standards to be IMPOSSIBLE and with no remorse from them.

This is the third separate time since Jan. 2018 that Priority Overnight by USPS has completely failed. Last Priority Overnight to me arrived almost two (2) weeks later in a crumpled dirty ball! The one before that, almost two (2) weeks later and 'whereabouts unknown' when tracking number is entered into the internet USPS tracking services online. This last USPS Priority Overnight to me was just mailed from Florida early morning hours this past Friday, April 13th promised to be here Monday, April 16th. Today is Wednesday, April 18th - and NO ENVELOPE. No one to talk to on the phone when you call the numbers. NO USPS ACCOUNTABILITY. I'm only left to follow the vague tracking information by entering my tracking number on the USPS site online.

Tracking states it arrived in Hamden, Maine at the processing center Monday. Tracking states it left there last night. Where is it today? Tracking states it's in transit. Who at USPS is responsible for explaining where it factually might be, and or when a $25 confirmed OVERNIGHTED PACKAGE will actually get here after it's 3 days late? NO ONE AT THE USPS.

My post office in Maine is not off the beaten path. It's on 'the main highway' in Maine used for decades by traveler, residents, and tourists all summer long - ACADIA HIGHWAY 1. My post office is EASY to get to, and during this nice April weather, no roads are snowed in to cause a delay. And why have a USPS counter clerk tap the buttons on their USPS computer when any of the three (3) Priority Overnights were CONFIRMED with an ARRIVAL DATE, and then ask my trusting family, friends, and clients for $25 for this service when the USPS knows this service obviously is flawed and there's a higher percentage rate the overnighted envelope will NOT ARRIVE ON TIME?

What could be causing yet another the delay on PRIORITY ENVELOPE you ask? I HAVE NO IDEA because you cannot get a HUMAN BEING on the phone at the USPS that knows where your paid for 'important overnighted' envelope might be. There is just options to leave a voicemail in the void universe of what we call 'the USPS'. We are once again getting a refund of our $25 which we wish we had not needed to and the services worked. Let's not forget this complaint is mainly about the INCONVENIENCE the USPS has placed on us, their most faithful public. The USPS seems to have no remorse about that.

How will the USPS stay in service when they are this irresponsible with our important and precious belongings we are entrusting them with? Then to ask the public to PAY THEM for these unprofessional and irresponsible services? We surely won't be using the USPS Priority Overnight ever again. Three times in a row is enough to lose faith in this service. We're sad about it, as the USPS has been our lifeline in the past 100 years in our family. It's not anymore.

Original review: April 17, 2018

When you order something from somewhere and someone opens your package and you receive it half there that’s some b/s! Who owned it? Wasn’t someone passing by looking to steal the mail! We have a closed circuit camera pointed towards the mailbox and other places around the house. The mailman delivered it package opened! Didn’t they realize it was opened? Come on now! My grandfather used to work for the post office and they were never this careless like today's post office! Opening mail is a federal offense. I’ve applied there numerous amounts of times and I’ve never been hired! Are they looking for idiots to hire? Must be just like every other good job in America anymore! What’s wrong with this country? USPS told me they can’t do anything about what happened! Come on now!

Original review: April 14, 2018

They do not deliver to my PO box usually. They put some reused yellow slip that says to come during business hours. Well I have the PO box so I DON'T have to go during business hours. The slip says 3 or so reasons the package couldn't be delivered - none of which match our package. The size, shape, no signature needed, etc. So why do we not get our packages for 3-4 DAYS after it says delivered. We tried to talk to the people who are at the desks there and they use under-staffing as an excuse. My follow up to that is if you don't get a chance to put it in the box on Monday, why does it not automatically go to the top of the pile on Tuesday to get put in my box? Now I have to LEAVE WORK EARLY FOR A SERVICE I PAY FOR THE CONVENIENCE TO HAVE??? Not to mention how RUDE the workers are, and they never answer the phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: April 13, 2018

Used the online form to hold mail, putting in 4/2 as the begin date. STILL GETTING MAIL POSTMARKED later. I called to complain that we were STILL getting mail as of 4/3. Confirmed the start date. STILL getting mail dated 4 /7. Idiots!!!

Original review: April 13, 2018

I would like to know why I have so many packages missing from the Hazelwood, MO postal facility? I get the runaround with calling the 800 number - we all know you can't get a live person or go to the website, the same - no live person. I have had so many packages missing from that sort facility - when will the people in charge there realize this problem? It's funny no matter where my package is shipped from East Coast or West Coast or in between - the problem doesn't arise until it hits Hazelwood. Talk about employees with sticky fingers - I can't believe this goes on and on.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I think I have the worst problem in this discussion. I have a package stuck in Atlanta Peachtree distribution center since 01/04/2018 and it was shipped on 11/20/2017. On 11/20/2017 I sent two packages from California to Miami and both were returned to the sender for wrong or non-existent address. The packages never came back to sender and were in transit for a while and I did a search request. Both appeared in January and received forward instructions to go to Miami for the original delivery address.

One of the packages arrived at the address. And the other one get stucked in Atlanta for more than 3 months!!! I already did a new search request in February but they didn't find it yet. I called the USPS number several times but I did not receive any useful answers. They just told me the same thing I see on the tracking page. I opened a case but nothing happened and I didn't receive any tracking update since 01/04/2018!!! Anyone else with problems in Atlanta.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Sent out save the dates for our wedding, all with appropriate postage. We have received several calls now asking if we sent out the save the dates because people are not receiving them. Out of 75 that we sent 17 have gone missing and it's not even out of state for most of them. I'm not sure what happened to them after I dropped them off but I am extremely unsatisfied. I hope they don't lose the invitations as well!!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I paid for priority mail - told the union postal worker that this was an Easter gift - was told that it would arrive on Good Friday or on Saturday. Arrived 8 days AFTER Easter. Post office says "Oh sorry. Priority is not guaranteed - just an estimate." So if 14 days to get a package from one state to another is priority - everyone sees how TERRIBLE the post office is. Had the union postal worker not mislead me then I would have used UPS or FedEx. The post office is terrible because it is Union - these workers can't be fired so they just don't care.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Post office charge for Sunday delivery businesses, but we NEVER get any delivery Sunday. Our business open from 7 to 7 EVERY day!!! But if we put rush delivery and expect to get it Saturday or Sunday we getting this, "Hi Yelena, Sorry we missed you. We tried, but we weren't able to deliver your package today. We'll try again on the next business day." I AM HERE!!! Liars!!!

Original review: April 6, 2018

My wife and I have lived at this address for over a year and we were getting our mail fine. My wife passed away in November. So in December, I stopped receiving any of my mail from TSP or OPM. I called and verified my address 4 times and they resend my mail but it gets returned, "Moved. Left no address". I'm still at this address. I now get scanned incoming mail but I never see anything from these agencies. I've contacted the local post office and they initially said I need a tracking number for regular mail.

Later, I asked another lady over the phone and she said they didn't forward "Pre Sorted Regular Mail". I asked about it not being scanned and she said that would be from Louisville. TSP employees are really aggravated with this and so am I. I have yet started receiving my any mail from these agencies. I would like a tracer or an audit done to figure out why my mail had not been delivered since December! This cannot be a machine or it would be scanned. A machine doesn't pre-select mail to reject unless it's told to, "Change of Address" someone put in.

Original review: April 6, 2018

The post office in my area is great and their customer service toll-free number. They are always friendly on the phone and willing to help you when you have an issue. They are friendly in person in my area.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I received a tracking notification that my package was delivered at 6:17 pm. The package was never delivered. The package happens to be a rare breed of hatching eggs. So not only did they cost me hundreds of dollars, they killed an entire batch of embryos.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Wow! This review is for a mail carrier from the Pasco Post Office and the supervisor I had to speak to when my son wasn't getting his mail. The mail simply "disappeared." Never sent back to return address. The Pasco office or the carrier there "lost" them since they were sent directly from a USPS post office. So I decided it would be best to send mail certified and spoke to the supervisor about my concerns. Two weeks later sent to my son's address a certified package. He was waiting for it and made sure someone was home. The mail carrier put the "Sorry we missed you" note on the WRONG ADDRESS!! Thankfully he has good neighbors! This goes beyond bad service, why is this person delivering mail??? Come on! Give us a ** break!! Can't even get certified mail in Kennewick, Wa. Thanks USPS and the Pasco, Wa. Post Office!

Original review: April 5, 2018

16 items shipped from this location on March 14th. First class mail were never delivered to anyone. They were not returned back to me, and now I have a load of mess to fix because of this situation. Items delayed, lost or stolen are a major concerned, Management is useless and obnoxious.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I live in Texas and I ordered some diabetic supplies for my 15 year old niece from Amazon that were to have been delivered by the local postal service (Natchitoches, LA). The tracking stated it had been delivered at the front door on March 21 but never arrived. There is no listed phone number for this local post office branch and the 800 number has you on hold for hours (if you can wait). After reading most of the complaints against various USPS branches nationwide it is no wonder they have little to no business. I have reached out to Amazon, but if at all possible I will not used the USPS for any future mailing needs.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I have three packages that were placed two weeks ago using USPS tracking system. Funny how they say it was delivered days ago at a certain time. I would understand if it was the wrong address or something but these are THREE packages that claim they were delivered. Lmao where are they then 'cause they sure as hell aren’t in my mailbox. If I could give this 0 stars I would 'cause now I have to go out of the way to find all my missing orders when it was the deliveryman's job!!! Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. If you have something important that you need to order, NEVER ORDER FROM USPS.

Original review: April 1, 2018

Someone is changing address on packages EITHER EVANSVILLE, INDIANA or AT THE FORT BRANCH, INDIANA 47648 POST OFFICE. THEY are all THIEVES and LIARS!!! I track all my packages and have had them arrived damaged goods, opened, lost, STOLEN, late shipments, shipments sent to the wrong address after being tracked to my address, this local post office really SUCKS. Fort Branch Indiana local post office is Bad News, we have filed complaints, but nothing is ever done to these people. The Postal inspector for this district does nothing!!! Avoid if you can.

Original review: March 31, 2018

It’s extremely frustrating to mail a letter from the PO and it never arrives. So far I have mailed a Valentine’s Day card and 4 other cards and one package. The Valentine’s Day card and two of the cards never arrived. Considering they were stamped, purchased from the self serve machine and mailed immediately. All but one mailed on a Sunday from the same Post Office. Two of the cards and the package was mailed at the same time. I assume the package was received because it had a tracking number. The one card to arrive was mailed on a Monday with an forever stamp. I don’t understand how this happens.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I purchased 2 day priority delivery with USPS for delivery on 3/29/18. $30. As of today, 3/30/18 it has not arrived. I went on USPS for refund for failure of delivery on promised date and their answer was I would need to wait 10 days to apply for refund: in my opinion, the only reason I need postal service is for mail only. I don't trust them for anything outside of that. USPS is obsolete!

Original review: March 30, 2018

Please explain why the heck you guys think it's okay to raise the rate of mailing through you? You guys are horrible at your jobs. My package has been 45 minutes away from my house for 2 DAYS. Why does it take you over 48 HOURS to deliver something that is 45 MINUTES away? This is so frustrating and if the nearest FedEx dropbox wasn't an hour away I would gladly NEVER use your horrible service ever again.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I send a package/envelope Priority Mail from St. Cloud, FL. to Crete, IL. every month. Every month there is an issue with the Chicago facility when it arrives. My item always gets delivered on the 3rd day or later if I am lucky and usually it is stuck in Forest Park, IL for over 24 hrs. I have called their consumer affairs and they act like it is a problem to resolve the issue and the issue never gets resolved. Today I received two texts saying my item was in Lockport, IL 3 hours apart. I called and was told it was sent to Lockport by mistake. Someone needs to get employees that can read and do their jobs correctly. As of today I am told my item won't get delivered until the 4th day! I pay for the service and the USPS can deliver the service they sell. They have lost my business.

Original review: March 30, 2018

USPS keeps putting my mail and packages in incorrect mailboxes, but I've had issues with them which has worsened over the last year with missing packages. USPS says they're delivered to my front door but they never are. I track my packages vigilantly and am always home when they say they arrive. Not only do they not arrive, but no USPS employee comes to my door as they claim to (I know because I have very large windows and security cameras that prove this). So not only do they steal packages but they lie about it. The GPS system they claim to use proves nothing. It's just another useless way they try to prove their innocence to avoid responsibility and get away with theft. You can file claims but they go absolutely nowhere. USPS employees have zero accountability when it comes to your packages. Typical union!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I sent my courier through USPS, from Virginia Arlington to Chicago. It was very important, things should be on time, still 2 days delay and showing delay. This is my tracking no **. I will never used it.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Most of the time you cannot track your package or mail only show waiting. If you miss your package and go pick up in local post office some time they can't find your package, you have to come back again. If you call local post office they will not solve your issue and hang up your phone and they will not pick up again, same as 1800 number (4230 MAINE AVE BALDWIN PARK, CA 91706-9998...) "Go with UPS. They are great. Even you know where your delivery truck is, if you call UPS, they answer right away and solving your issue right away"...

Original review: March 27, 2018

I would have given a negative rating to this Post Office (44143) if I could. One star is too much for this kind of so-called service. I have made an online purchase to be delivered to my PO Box and then forwarded to my new address. According to the tracking number, the mail arrived at the PO Box alright but never made it to my home. Was never forwarded. When I called the PO, the first thing I hear that my PO Box is closed. I am like, excuse me? I have paid for 6 months with a credit card. Then she checks out and says that it is not closed but the forwarding was never made; no further details were given. So I have never received my mail. Can't trust this place anymore. STAY AWAY IF YOU CAN HELP IT.

Original review: March 26, 2018

If there were a lower rating than one star, I would have given it. My first experience with the Walton PO was when I purchased a custom Fender Guitar and the seller shipped it USPS. It was insured for the total value. When it arrived, it was clearly damaged, it appeared like a roll up door had been slammed on it, and the edge of the body was cracked. I filed a report right then and had pictures taken at the time we opened it and paint chips recovered from the case. All of this was done at the time I picked it up at the unit with the manager.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and I hear nothing so I call and the manager says he doesn't really remember the incident and he doesn't have any paint chips but that his office is being painted so maybe they can were misplaced. Long story made short, he did not file any of the paperwork, lied to everyone about it, and I lost more than half of the value of the guitar.

But wait, it doesn't stop there. Last Christmas we ordered something on the line for my Mother. I get a notice that it has been delivered, no package. So I call what so far is just a den of liars to find out what is going on. Come to find out, the what I thought was a beyond loser carrier says that she thinks she delivered it to the McDonald's. I am told this after the manager says she goes to the McDonald's tomorrow check it out and no one remembers getting a package delivered. I finally figured out that they didn't remember because it was never delivered. The seller had failed to ensure the package, my fault there, and the Walton post office knows that so if it doesn't quite make it where it is supposed to be, no sweat because no claim can be made. I believe it will the Walton Post Office Christmas Club. All I can say is that this place needs to be exterminated and the entire system needs to be privatized. The government has run this welfare system too long.

Original review: March 24, 2018

The Mailman did not knock and now I have to wait 2 more days for redelivery. Why does he not just leave the package in the mailbox like before? I was home and he did not knock so that I can go sign his paper...

Original review: March 24, 2018

Got my second orange slip this week when I was home waiting for my package, all too often can’t be bothered to place tiny parcels in mailbox, since my post office often doesn’t hold packages before having them immediately returned to sender I’m trying to schedule a redelivery... Only the redelivery code won’t work online, says I’ts invalid (not the first time this has happened) so I have to call which is a complete waste of time unless you’re willing to be on hold for over an hour. Whenever I try to find the local USPS number only that 1800 comes up.

USPS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the official and original postal service for the United States. Ever since Benjamin Franklin was appointed as the first postmaster general in 1775, USPS has been delivering mail to people across the country. Today, USPS has expanded its services to also include international shipping, package shipping and priority mail.

• Easy to use: Anyone can send mail through USPS by using their home mailbox or dropping their mail off at any post office in the United States. Consumers and businesses can also arrange for package pickup online, making it easy to mail packages without leaving home.

• Mail options: USPS offers several mailing options so consumers can find a shipping timeframe and cost that meets their needs. Priority Express fees start at $22.95, and shipping runs seven days a week, so packages will be delivered on weekends. First class mail is available to send items weighing up to 13 ounces. Stamps cost only 47 cents, and your parcel will be delivered within one to three business days.

• Precious Cargo Box: Consumers who are sending fragile items can purchase a Priority Mail Precious Cargo Box. These boxes ship for a flat rate and include $50 worth of insurance. They include polyethylene foam dots or inserts that prevent items from moving during transport. Precious Cargo Boxes are available in three sizes.

• Shipping insurance: Consumers and businesses can purchase insurance to cover the cost of their package up to $5,000 for standard mail in the event of damage or destruction. Most priority mail shipments automatically come with $100 worth of insurance, and more can be added on for an upcharge.

• Military and diplomatic mail: Send packages to your loved one who is in the military for the price of domestic shipping, even if they are overseas. Save an additional two dollars when you use a large flat rate box. You can print off a label complete with custom forms right from your home printer and arrange for home pickup to simplify the process of sending a package to the military overseas.

• Best for: USPS is best for eCommerce businesses and consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs