3.7/5 (1440 ratings)

About USPS

USPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I am thankful for Kelley ** at USPS. She has went above and beyond so I can receive my package. I ordered a gym set that’s obviously too heavy for me to lift at the moment because I’m pregnant. I’m just making sure I’m ready to bounce back mentally after baby. Thank you so much Kelley!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

USPS 20283 Santa Maria Ave, Castro Valley 94546. We had the best experience ever at a post office. We were helped by **, who went out of his way to help us, he is very knowledgeable, and a very nice person who would try his best to help the customer and make him/her feel at ease and important when being helped. I would say this person is one of a kind. 9/24/2022.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I am writing this review simply because I was having a bad day and while driving back home, one of the drivers smiled and waved at me as we passed. He then repeated the process when we went our separate ways on the road. It was a sweet friendly interaction but it made my day brighter if even for a moment. Thank you driver in Kansas city (Friday, June 10th 2022 11:30 am). Again, although I am not writing to talk about their shipping methods (because I didn't order anything), but I am writing about a driver who made my day better with a smile and a wave.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Yesterday the USPS person took extra care and knocked hard and rang bell twice. This was very important package and I would have missed it had the USPS not gone the extra steps to ensure package delivered. The package contains live animals so it was critical to get shelter and care for them ASAP. High praise and thank you for professional work!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I sent a very critical envelope to a loved one through priority express mail. It did not arrive as promised. I was frantic. I had been trying to track it but it kept saying the same thing, at point of origin. Finally I called, the wait was worth it. A very kind and patient customer service lady took down all my details and told me I would be contacted within a few days. Early the next morning I was contacted, my envelope was found and in the same day hand delivered! Thank you USPS!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Purchased product from online sales professional. Seller quickly set up shipping with USPS and a label was created. Tracking the package USPS will not take responsibility for handling the package. Tracking number is **. Upon additional investigation, the seller worked with USPS to ship the item and all attempts to track the package, all USPS can provide is, “Label Created”. The seller has since sent another item because it’s their reputation the professionalism they wish to maintain. What a shame that USPS is so difficult to work with and takes NO responsibility for package handling. It’s a known problem and some day, the package might arrive at our location. BTW, the second package was sent by UPS. Personally, I avoid USPS because of poor performance and customer service.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Anytime I order anything online and it’s shipped USPS, it always takes at least 2 days longer than the order delivery says it will take. Anymore, if a seller ships through USPS, I will look to see if I can get it anywhere else.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I sent a package to Germany more than 2 months ago using their international priority mail paying ~$100. It was in Germany customs for a month and for some reason sent back to the US. All the time I called USPS about my package, they said they had no control over the package once it left US soil. Once it was returned to the US, it was resent to Germany instead of being delivered to me! They cannot explain why it was resent when Germany refused to accept and deliver the package! I have called USPS many time and all they parrot is "we don't know why it wasn't delivered" or "we don't know why it was resent". No accountability! Never send a package abroad using USPS. Inefficient, horrible service and no accountability. Asking them to return my package is like banging your head against the wall. Use a private carrier like Fedex.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I ordered my books for my law classes through amazon. A contractor lost the shipment, and AMAZON said, "Sorry!" My local carrier found my books by retracing the contractor steps. I want the management to know that I appreciate his efforts and commitment to customer service.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

They keep losing my packages. They recently sent one of my packages to Florida. I live in Texas!!! Also, they never deliver my boyfriend’s birthday gift. I also keep getting mail and packages for other people that I end up delivering myself.

USPS author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the official and original postal service for the United States. Ever since Benjamin Franklin was appointed as the first postmaster general in 1775, USPS has been delivering mail to people across the country. Today, USPS has expanded its services to also include international shipping, package shipping and priority mail.

• Easy to use: Anyone can send mail through USPS by using their home mailbox or dropping their mail off at any post office in the United States. Consumers and businesses can also arrange for package pickup online, making it easy to mail packages without leaving home.

• Mail options: USPS offers several mailing options so consumers can find a shipping timeframe and cost that meets their needs. Priority Express fees start at $22.95, and shipping runs seven days a week, so packages will be delivered on weekends. First class mail is available to send items weighing up to 13 ounces. Stamps cost only 47 cents, and your parcel will be delivered within one to three business days.

• Precious Cargo Box: Consumers who are sending fragile items can purchase a Priority Mail Precious Cargo Box. These boxes ship for a flat rate and include $50 worth of insurance. They include polyethylene foam dots or inserts that prevent items from moving during transport. Precious Cargo Boxes are available in three sizes.

• Shipping insurance: Consumers and businesses can purchase insurance to cover the cost of their package up to $5,000 for standard mail in the event of damage or destruction. Most priority mail shipments automatically come with $100 worth of insurance, and more can be added on for an upcharge.

• Military and diplomatic mail: Send packages to your loved one who is in the military for the price of domestic shipping, even if they are overseas. Save an additional two dollars when you use a large flat rate box. You can print off a label complete with custom forms right from your home printer and arrange for home pickup to simplify the process of sending a package to the military overseas.

USPS Company Information