1.40/5
Based on 456 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

6945 USPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

This is the second time in a month that USPS does not deliver a package. What’s the point of offering the service?! The first time they just didn’t show up and now they said they didn’t have access. I live in a community with NO GATE. It’s completely open to come in and out and nothing has been blocking both entrances because I’ve had family coming in and out. We received our regular mail. That’s just a lie and someone being lazy, pretending to do their job. Going forward I will never buy from a consumer using USPS to ship. Because of this awful service is why they are getting left behind and UPS and FedEx is taking over.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Watched my package sit 3 days at the post office and it was never delivered. I couldn't even go pick it up myself because I work long hrs. I really despise them and their service. I won't shop places that use USPS from now on. Good for nothing USPS.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

If I could give them 1/2 star I would. They lose mail or deliver it to the wrong address. Where I live they don't look at the letters on the mailboxes. They just shove it anywhere. Best to use UPS or FEDEX.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

How does a package sit as Pre-Shipment for over 5 hours when it was directly handed to a USPS worker at the counter? Just scan it as accepted. It is not that hard, it just makes more stress than needed for both the sender and the person who it should be going to. For spending the amount of money that I spent for the package I expect better service.

I have nothing but complaints about the USPS. I have fought and complained to them way too much than should be happening. The USPS truly does not care and they pretend they do. The commercials they have are so God awful fake and false information. Yeah right really cannot believe that. I have postmen that show up at my house at near 6 pm meanwhile the post office hours end at 5 pm, I have packages sit unscanned for multiple days meanwhile they are guaranteed a certain time, I have packages that go out of the way from the destination, I have packages tracked completely wrong and when you make a complaint they come back with an "Uhhh well. Uhhh you know uhh" answer 'cause they know they are wrong and they cannot give a straight up answer. I wish there was a way to never use the USPS but that is sadly not possible at all.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Just to vent a little, I sent a time sensitive appeal to Maximus, for my mother's ongoing need for Long Term Living Waiver - anyway, trying to get her help she needs. So I put 10 pages in the envelope, accepted at the post office counter, weighed, got certified mail service, receipt requested service - $5.66 total postage. 2-3 days later, receive the 10 pages at Mom's house (her address was on the cover letter) in one of their "damaged" envelopes. So the 10 pages, intact, fell out of the envelope. Maximus sent me a letter, saying they signed for an empty envelope. USPS denies any wrongdoing, they delivered an empty envelope, that's good enough for them. Complaint denied, I've always been against privatization - hell I still am - but does this sound OK with you? I won't be using certified mail again, and I'm wary of any of their add on services. And I may be repeating this every day till I die, be forewarned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I wish they have like no star option. The fact that even one star will give the USPS employees some type of credit, not just they are lazy as hell and they lie to the limit they are also thieves and inept. They lose your package and act like it's ok and that is due to the fact that the package was never lost in the first place. They stole the package 'cause I don't believe that a big box will jump out of a truck or open the airplane cargo door and parachute for safety somewhere, boxes don't disappear. They don't get lost but they do get stolen and the story of the USPS, and when you try to ask about the situation 2 things you get #1 same answer we don't know what happen and #2 they act like they are working for free and they are doing you a favor by talking to you. What a waste. Close it down.

Original review: July 31, 2018

As I type this, I have been on hold for over an hour. I have always enjoyed dealing with the local post office but this time, the experience is going from bad to worse. On Tuesday morning I sent out a priority envelope and was told that it was going to arrive on Wed. It is now Monday and guess what? The envelope is still not there. I contacted the local post office and the gentleman was nice & did some research for me (or so I thought) but it now sounds like a bunch of lies. I was told that I would receive a status update and that they have a picture of my envelope, and so on. It is now 8 pm and the package is not where it should be. How does a business function like this? Nobody is answering the phone after telling me that my hold time was between 30-45 minutes, that was a lie. This has to the worst experience that I have ever had with the postal service. I should receive a refund and an apology.

I contacted a few local post offices and the gentleman in the Farmingdale location was the only one with good customer service skills. He even called me back, while the folks who gave me a case number have yet to follow-up. It has been joke working with this so-called business. I arrived at 9 am on Tuesday and sent a package out at 9:03 and I type this on Monday night and my package is still not delivered. I could have walked to Brooklyn quicker than this horrible service. I would recommend using a different mailing service. They do not care about their customers and I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: July 22, 2018

First I would like to say we have never had any negative experiences with USPS till about six months ago. We sent my daughter's passport through USPS registered mail to Richmond, Virginia from Hilton Head Island, SC. The passport made it to Charleston, SC. according to the tracking number then disappeared. I called every customer service department I could reach and was treated with total disregard by everyone I spoke with. The standard line was "Wait a couple more days and call back."

That went on for two weeks. We explained how important finding the Passport was and our daughter needed it for a internship she was starting in Washington DC. Not to mention someone in the post office stole her passport and has her ID. Then they flat out told me "too bad there is no way for us to find it." I should have known not to send it USPS because we began to experience problems with our mail startling about eight months ago. We began receiving other people's mail and they began to receive ours. This went on for a while so we tried to lodge a complaint at the post office and the supervisor refused to come out and see me. I could not believe it so we followed up with the Post Master and she said she would look into it.

We continued to experience getting all different neighbor's mail as well as us receiving theirs. To make matters worse just yesterday our friends from N.Y. called and asked us if we moved? The invitation to their son's wedding was returned to them stamped "Not At This Address." They took a photo of it and e-mailed it to us that clearly showed they had used the correct address. It is crystal clear USPS has systemic problems with their employees. I'll repeat I believe they have a systemic problem at USPS and nobody should be using them. I hope and pray this is not representative of the condition of our country and our government!

Original review: July 21, 2018

Every time I call their 800 number there is an issue. Today I called. The voice service said the wait time was between 1 hour 15 minutes to an hour twenty-five minutes. I was on hold for about two hours and no one ever answered. I absolutely dread dealing with the post office. There is absolutely no reason to have such terrible service.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Let's start local: My neighborhood's U.S. post office is lovely when you actually go there in-person and deal with the folks at the window. However, the delivery folks ignore instructions and lie about delivery attempts. I've now experienced several instances when I go to a package's tracking info to see it reported as having a delivery attempt on a day when I never even got a notice and/or got a "final notice" for a package that I'd never received a previous notice for. And that's just my local post office.

Both of the aforementioned issues happened with my most recent package, along with a failure to accommodate a redelivery request. I finally filed a case with USPS because of this. Didn't get a response beyond an acknowledgment of receipt, so I called to follow up/just to make sure. The first person I got helped me as much as she could, but that wasn't much - she was pretty much just able to give me the phone number for my local post office. I tried that post office multiple times, but they didn't pick up or even have voicemail.

So I tried calling the general USPS customer service line again, four days after I first filed a case (after still getting no follow-up directly related to the case I opened) and got the rudest, most unhelpful customer service person imaginable. Refused to help, and said everything short of calling me an idiot for wanting to know what was going on that USPS was giving me the silent treatment. (She kept claiming that they're "still trying to investigate/figure out the case," even though it's been four-plus days and even I know where the package is — i.e. at my local post office.) I wish I could say that I was surprised by this treatment, but given my past experiences, well... Here we are!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I even have no idea where to start from, very sad, confused and having the worst nightmare of my life. Just because of USPS rigid and unprofessional service but one day you will pay for all the stress and misery that you make American people go through, it all started like this... I sent a certified priority mail to the next city where I live. It’s only 10 miles away from me, my package had confidential documents and was supposed to arrive in time. That’s the first issue I explained to customer service before even sending it. I was given a 2 day guarantee for the mail to arrive plus a tracking number. Have been tracking my package. It’s a week now, status was updated and my package went to 50 miles away from me in Massachusetts then eventually no updates were coming up until this morning.

I was shocked, worried, frustrated and so mad, you can’t believe what am about to say. My package was in Texas ready for dispatch. I don’t know what to do. I called USPS customer care with long wait times of 1 hr 30 mins. When I got a chance to speak to them they told me they have no idea how my package reached Texas and not sure if it will be delivered back to Massachusetts. I swear to God. I will tell every single friend of mine everywhere in the world never to ever use USPS in any carrier service. Am so disappointed with this stupid carrier, so incompetent, unprofessional, lousy staff and unreliable. and you still have the guts to call USA the first world country. Piece of ** just. Bye.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Staff is lazy, unwilling to help, overall lazy and worthless period, like most government jobs. Instead of doing something simple over the phone that could be a help they would rather you waste your time and money. Do yourself a favor and use FedEx or UPS For your own sanity please.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Had 2 packages arriving on the same date. Went to check the mailbox. Notice one package. Saw carrier and asked him "Where's the other package?" He said, "I don't know. I don't have it." Went back upstairs to apartment looked at phone saw "couldn't deliver package". And I was right at that time talking to him at the mailbox. So how can one package be delivered and the other package couldn't, doesn't make any sense. All the information was the same, address, apt #, name zip code.

I don't think he never had the phone in the first place and tried to make it seem like he didn't know where to deliver it, but delivered the other package. They should have made the carrier redeliver the same day. They shouldn't say by 8 o clock, he lied. He put everything else in the mailbox with my name and information on it but didn't know where to put the other package. Which he never had. How you going to scan something saying you couldn't deliver it but you said you never had the package. I going to cut back on USPS and deal with FedEx and other companies... Very disappointed in USPS.

Original review: July 5, 2018

USPS is the least reliable shipping company I have ever used. I purchased a bathing suit for my trip weeks in advanced. They said they delivered it but it was never delivered. I know it wasn't stolen because I was home all weekend when I was expecting the package. Then I tried to file a complaint for a lost package over the phone and then I couldn't get in touch with real person for hours and when I was finally able to reach someone they told me that I didn't follow the steps right for them to complete the tracking of my lost package and sent me all the way back to the beginning.

I then tried to do it via email and it guarantees that someone will call you within one business day. It has since been 3 days and I'm still waiting on a response. Every time I try to find my package over the phone I'm led into a dead end or to an actual person who refuses to help me properly and sends me back to the beginning of the automation. I'm completely dissatisfied with my experience with USPS and this isn't the first time this has happened to me either. I'm now out 90 bucks because of how unreliable their delivery is.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I had reordered a phone case through warranty and my package was suppose to arrive 6/19/18. It was scanned as delivered yet when I went to collect my package from my Cluster box unit, I neither had a package nor a key to the larger lock boxes. I am the only key holder for my box so no one else was able to collect my mail. I contacted USPS the following day (My mail was checked after closing time) and was given a case number. I was told I would receive a call from my local office by 6/23/18.

After hearing nothing I called back USPS on 6/25/18 and was on hold for 50 minutes for a 5 minute conversation to contact Consumer Affairs & the local office. I then called the local office to get busy tones. Called Consumer Affairs to have them send an email. Still nothing 2 days later. Called Consumer Affairs back, they reopened my case saying that my local office deemed it resolved without contacting me. I finally received a call from my local office on 6/30/18 saying they will speak with my carrier. I never received a call back.

I finally got through my local office today 7/5/18 to have the case reopened AGAIN. The carrier insist that I received my package in the large box, and should have received the key to that box. So basically one of my neighbors has received my package & isn't kind enough to return it to me. Thankfully the manufacturer of the case is amazing and sent me another replacement case at no charge. Very disappointed in USPS and their lack of customer service and inadequate delivery and wish I wasn't stuck using them.

Original review: July 4, 2018

The tracking is not working again, this is over a month now with no tracking from the USPS. On top of that, the package was sent out priority mail and it's 8 days and it hasn't gotten to its destination. It's 6 hours to drive from Harpers Ferry, WV to Norwalk, Ohio where my aunt lives but the USPS can't get it there in the guaranteed 1-3 day timeframe. Time for the USPS to go the way of the Pony express!

Updated on 07/07/2018: My package that was sent out on June 27th from Harpers Ferry, WV to Ohio has finally been scanned today in Greensboro, NC. Why is it in North Carolina, it should have already been delivered to Ohio? From now on I'll use FedEx or UPS.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I ordered a refrigerant leak seal for my AC unit at home. It was important to apply the leak stop to my leaking unit. I ordered and paid for a product on EBAY. I tracked the shipping through USPS and according to USPS website and EBAY, the package was delivered to my mailbox. However, the package was nowhere to be found. My neighborhood using KIOSK type community mailboxes. The mailman put my box in the wrong mailbox and it was lost. Very upsetting. No refund, no reimbursement, nothing from USPS because I didn't insure my package.

Original review: June 30, 2018

The USPS stinks and, they delivery your package to a wrong address and then tell I am sorry about that. Why do they even care it's not their package. You will never see it. They been around too long. Get rid of them. Not they not worth a dime. FYI I never got my package. Thank God the company refunded me.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I’m in GA and sent a gift Tues. morning priority mail to Hollywood, FL and estimated delivery was suppose to be Thurs. the 28th. I’ve been tracking the package and I’m trying to understand why my package was last tracked in NEW HAMPSHIRE??? Before that is was in MASSACHUSETTS. The package is going further from FL which makes no sense. I’ve now had no update as to where my package is but what’s sad is that the few times I send packages through them, there is literally a problem EVERY time.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I have been living here for approximately 13 years and I have NOT been able to place a mailbox at the end of my driveway like everyone else. I have been forced to purchase a Postal Box and at times I am not even able to get my mail since I have been disabled and the PO is 5 miles away. I have asked many times to be able to place a box at the end of my driveway. No answer BUT I hear thru the grapevine that it's the mail carrier who is refusing to deliver to my entire road! I surely hope that is not true. But I still have no mailbox and I still have NO ANSWERS! Tired of paying for this and having to shag my mail! BUT the other day I see the mail truck delivering my neighbors packages... So this is a bit of a discrimination? Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated! CAN YOU PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS? Thank YOU!

Original review: June 27, 2018

A package I had sent out last week is still delayed. It has been delayed for the last two days. This has happened before when I send out online orders. Then when I try to use their ** website to find my package, I only get "cannot complete request" error messages. USPS is worthless.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I’m very disappointed and angry about the USPS. I sent a package to my daughter, it was her birthday present. The items in that package were worth $70. My daughter lives in an apartment complex. When I tracked the package, it showed delivered, but she never got the package. It is obvious that The mail carrier delivered the package in the wrong mailbox. I contacted the USPS, I’ve been fighting for about a month, but since I didn’t pay insurance, they don’t want to take any responsibility. We the customers have to pay for the USPS employees’ mistakes.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I ordered one mattress from Amazon, USPS was going to deliver it on June 16th. USPS did not deliver on 16th. I waited for two more days, then when I called them, they told it will be delivered after two days. I waited for two more days. Suddenly, I got an email saying that they tried delivering but they couldn't reach me. They didn't even try contacting my cell phone number. So, I missed that package.

I rescheduled the delivery for Saturday. I waited whole day but I didn't receive on Saturday as well. This is ridiculous! When I called them, they were talking no sense at all. They told they will again reschedule the order for Monday, which is 25th June. Why should I wait for an order to be delivered after 1 week? They provided no help, no support. I had to again cancel the order. I am so frustrated with their service.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I sent a certified letter with return receipt requested from the Apache Junction PO to a business address in Columbus Ohio. Four days later I received the first tracking notification informing me that it had arrived at USPS facility in Columbus and was on its way to final destination (about a mile away). A day later I received another tracking notification to the effect that it was currently in transit to the next facility (whatever or wherever that was). The day after that the following tracking update came: "Your item arrived at our USPS facility in PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER on June 21, 2018 at 6:54 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination." Does that mean it will be going back to Columbus and having the same process repeated probably again and again? Even more frustrating is the fact that I cannot find how to contact a postal official to help sort this out. Even more worrying is that the letter was extremely important with irreplaceable content.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I live in the California in the San Diego Downtown area. I had a problems with a female carrier about a 1 yr ago, 8/2017. She scream at me getting mad because I gave her packages just next to the truck. Then few months later, she broke a package by tossing it inside the truck, not caring at all of my fragile package. I complained - nothing was fix just promises from Brian **. The supervisor that has retire.

On Sat 6/2/18. I asked her if she can take some packages, she scream at me, agitating her arms, that I never listen. She had some big packages for me and she threw them on the floor, I just reply: "What's is wrong with you?" She continue mimicking, being sarcastic, I told her, "You're being record." She reply: "Uhh!! I'm so scare, I'm being record..." Just like a spoil brat. She continue saying with a loud voice all the way around the block delivering mail. When she was 2 houses across the street my daughter started recording her, and she continue the same way, "Uhhh!! I'm being record. I'm so scare." She added: "She's crazy, she's mentally ill." She cross the street and met with a neighbor and she told him that I was mentally ill and crazy.

I called to complain. The supervisor Leo ** called me 2 days later. I explained all to him, I told him that is totally unacceptable. He apologized and told me that she couldn't get fire - I replied: "I'm not asking for that, I just want her to be move somewhere else, I'm concern about my mail and what this person can do to it, or she will not deliver at all." He said: "She can't be move. Only if she ask for it." I said, "No wonder she does whatever she wants, and I'm not the only neighbor that have problems with her." He promised to talk to her and with the head supervisor and that if she mis-behave to call him and he will be there. He told me, "I'm new here. Just give a chance to fix things for you." Well he didn't. He didn't talked with the main Supervisor as he promise.

Next Monday 6/11/18, she didn't pass. She saw my daughter outside my porch and she just took off. I called again to the Supervisor Leo ** and he said that he told her to avoid confrontation with me. What confrontation? I had never said nothing wrong to this lady nor I'm going to do it. I said I even give her a chance to patch things out, but she got away finally what she was looking for initially. Not to pick up any mail from me plus she's not delivering any mail. She just pass by my house twice already and doesn't drop anything. She only cover the my main carrier one day per week. I called the Consumer Affairs and I'm waiting for them to resolve this. I can't believe any carrier can get away with no consequences for their behavior plus I'm getting punish for it. I will continue escalating this issue until I get a reasonable solution.

Original review: June 20, 2018

For some reason my package went missing in Kentucky from RI. Tracking stopped at a USPS Postal center... What somebody needed a Father's Day gift and took mine. Amazon sent me a nice letter and said, "We are so sorry but think your package has been lost. We will refund your money." Lost I bet. Somebody needed a gift and took mine. What gets me mad is that the Postal service knows where it was lost and did nothing. It's funny how they never lose my bills but can lose a big package.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I never had such a bad experience with any post office in the world. But the USPS wanted to be the first apparently. I sent a parcel/package to Germany, on the 08/05/2018 and after more than 1 month later, is it still in Australia. For everyone who knows where Germany is, it's not on the same side of the globe where Australia is. So I went to the post office after 20 days of shipment and they told me, I have to wait, and I can maybe get my money back after 30 days. So I waited and tracked it regularly but still the same message. "In transit in the final destination country." I don't know, Australia doesn't seem to me like it's Germany, so how could it be in the final destination country?

After more than 1 month I went the 4th. time to the post office to get the same answer. "We can't do anything after the package left our country". Really? It's your fault that this package left from Los Angeles to Australia, definitely NOT MINE or anyone else!!! I paid for the shipping and for the value, and now they're making it easy - with saying, "We can't do anything and we can't give you your money back." After I spent 1h 45min in line on the phone - I still get the same answer. They don't even want to contact the Australian Post, I should do that. I'm sorry I'm the sender and I paid you to send it to the final destination which is the same on the receive: GERMANY.

Conclusion: If you want to send something, be aware, do not ever use USPS, when everything is fine, then it's a good service, but if you have problems: No one cares about you and you will probably only lose your product and your money with this really silly service. Really, really disappointing and NEVER AGAIN, NEVER!

Original review: June 19, 2018

I have never wrote so many complaints about a business as I have for USPS since I moved to Bedford, TX. This is my 20th complaint and apparently it involves the same one person - who delivers the mail. I am not going to go in details about my first 20 complaints but starting - from not leaving notes about packages in my mailbox to not updating status in your online system and whatnot. I have met this woman and she seems normal at first, but now I am pretty sure there are some screws in her head that are loose or some wires that are not supposed to be touching are actually touching.

Here is my latest complaint - I just returned from a 3 week trip overseas, and your employee - "the federal government representative" - has removed the sticker with my name from my mailbox and put a note for the apartment's complex that I do not reside there anymore and my mail is not being delivered anymore! JUST WHO THE HELL THAT PERSON THINK SHE IS??? I have mail from insurance companies, state boards, IRS, universities and whatnot and that ** removes all and puts a note that I do not live there?! I am speechless! This is outrageous.

Never had to deal with such an IDIOT from USPS before, I'm not even mad anymore. That ** acts as she owns the Bedford, USPS office - does not leave notes in mailbox, does not update tracking numbers, puts notes that I don't live there anymore, and top of all your CS reps told me awhile ago, on one of my first complaints that "it is up to her to decide whether she will leave a note in my mailbox or not", and meanwhile packages has been left by her in the leasing office and leasing office people do not even want to accept them - it is not their responsibility to notify anybody about incoming mail, sign for registered packages, or keep track of residents' mail! Outrageous.

Updated on 07/20/2018: Reading all the review by other customers made me feel a little bit better about myself and my situation, because my experience with the local USPS office in Bedford, TX has been very similar like others and the worst part is that you try to complain to a supervisor or USPS online and and they treat you even worse. It makes you feel completely helpless.

My experience started 2 months ago when I was overseas for 3 weeks, my mailbox got full and the delivery person by the name of Pamela left a note that my mail will be held at the postal office because I am not emptying my box. I removed all the coupons and brochures that they stuff my mail box with and left a new sticker with my name (it is an apartment complex). For 5 days in a row we were playing the same "game" with that individual - I put a sticker with my name, next day she removes it and put one stating "unclaim" and refuses to deliver my mail. Really? Is that a normal person. I went to their office, spoke to a supervisor and he made me fill a form so they can start deliver my mail again, meanwhile all the mail for past 4 weeks have been returned to sender.

As most of you know in the apartments there is an area with all the mailboxes, and many people just throw around all that coupons, advertisements, brochures etc. A week ago I have a note in my mailbox from that person saying to "stop throwing my mail on the ground or I will return ALL your mail to sender. I AM NOT YOUR MAID!" - word for word. I went to USPS local office. Spoke a supervisor, he acted all serious about it, and next day - my new name sticker is removed again and no mail. The supervisor's name was Bobby. He assures me that will never happen again, until next when my latest sticker is removed again and note saying "ALL mail is held at P.O - per Bobby whoever".

I went looking for Bobby. He was hiding all day from me, turning down my phone calls and finally responded apologizing saying tomorrow I'll get my mail delivered. Today I got another one of my name stickers scratched from the mailbox, and no mail. Bobby is hiding again, but another supervisor answers my phone call and starts yelling in phone that she knows "all about" my situation, and they are not going to deliver my mail till I stop throwing stuff on the ground, literally acting like a drunk person, won't let me speak and threatens me with the police??!! For what - she doesn't know either.

When I was able to ask her - how could I throw mail on the ground when my mail is not being deliver for the past week, she responds that she sees the pictures... I submitted many complaints on the USPS site last month, with no luck hearing from them, I've complained to the inspector general with no luck either. Today I spoke to somebody from USPS consumer affairs and supposedly they "will see and investigate". This is USPS, our federal government postal service. I don't know what are the qualifications for that department, but they definitely need to start doing polygraphing and psych evaluation. I am just speechless. This is outrageous!

Original review: June 18, 2018

USPS Priority was supposed to delivery my goods with tracking number ** two weeks back but as we speak I haven't received them, the last time they were scanned in Johannesburg on the 4th of June. Mind you I paid for priority delivery and according to the tracking system the package left South Africa on the evening of the 4th to Botswana. Up to today it hasn't reached the country yet. It's a 4 hour drive from SA to Botswana. This is embarrassing.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Generally, I am pretty happy with USPS service, but this is the kind of thing that drives me crazy: I ordered an item online on June 13th. It was picked up from the merchant at 5:42 am on the 14th. At 6:52 am, on June 16th, it arrived at the Post Office in the town next to mine which is just 7 miles away. At 3:39 pm on the same day it arrived at a USPS Regional Facility 25 miles away. At 9:09 pm the package "Departed USPS Regional Facility." At 9:26 am on June 18th, the package arrived at another USPS Regional Facility which is 72 miles away from me! Why is my package getting farther away instead of closer??? Now they expect to deliver the package that was only 7 miles away from me on June 16th by 8 pm on June 19th. This kind of service is pathetic.

USPS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the official and original postal service for the United States. Ever since Benjamin Franklin was appointed as the first postmaster general in 1775, USPS has been delivering mail to people across the country. Today, USPS has expanded its services to also include international shipping, package shipping and priority mail.

• Easy to use: Anyone can send mail through USPS by using their home mailbox or dropping their mail off at any post office in the United States. Consumers and businesses can also arrange for package pickup online, making it easy to mail packages without leaving home.

• Mail options: USPS offers several mailing options so consumers can find a shipping timeframe and cost that meets their needs. Priority Express fees start at $22.95, and shipping runs seven days a week, so packages will be delivered on weekends. First class mail is available to send items weighing up to 13 ounces. Stamps cost only 47 cents, and your parcel will be delivered within one to three business days.

• Precious Cargo Box: Consumers who are sending fragile items can purchase a Priority Mail Precious Cargo Box. These boxes ship for a flat rate and include $50 worth of insurance. They include polyethylene foam dots or inserts that prevent items from moving during transport. Precious Cargo Boxes are available in three sizes.

• Shipping insurance: Consumers and businesses can purchase insurance to cover the cost of their package up to $5,000 for standard mail in the event of damage or destruction. Most priority mail shipments automatically come with $100 worth of insurance, and more can be added on for an upcharge.

• Military and diplomatic mail: Send packages to your loved one who is in the military for the price of domestic shipping, even if they are overseas. Save an additional two dollars when you use a large flat rate box. You can print off a label complete with custom forms right from your home printer and arrange for home pickup to simplify the process of sending a package to the military overseas.

• Best for: USPS is best for eCommerce businesses and consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

USPS Company Information

Washington
DC
www.usps.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business