2. Moving
  3. Shipping Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.49/5

USPS Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I don't have time to write of the pluses for UPS. They go beyond the call of duty. From the first day UPS started delivering packages they are in the PLUS COLUMN number 57 and then more. No, I do not work for United Parcel Service. They always make it right if a mistake is made. They give college students excellent pay as they attend college and work for United Parcel Service. I could go on and on and on and on and on about their excellence. Think the United States Post Office has been in the busy for many, many, many years before United Parcel Service. My saying is GO BIG BROWN and continue to make your customers happy. The jobs are not the easiest job to work with. All the hours and different shifts that go along with the jobs. The one word I would describe United Parcel Service is INTEGRITY. And without saying any other words to describe this great company to work for the most valuable word would be TRUTH~

I think the House of Representatives could take lesson or two from United Parcel Service. Most and last is the word GOD. United Parcel Service instills the TRUTH in each and every employee. Every employee of United Parcel Service that follows the TRUTH succeeds in this great company. This company pays for a student's college tuition and books. Plus they are offered great healthcare benefits. GO UPS! GO EACH AND EVERY PERSON WHO WORKS AT THIS GREAT COMPANY...

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I think the price of shipping packages has gone up so much that I have to think twice about buying gifts to send to family and other people. Of course, the mail office you go to has different experiences, some are not so crowded and service is quite fast. Other offices are loaded with customers and there is a waiting line. I have moved into a new apt. in Vegas and I'm finding that I am getting a lot of old mail addressed to former tenants and even if I take the letters to the post office and ask for them to be cancelled because I am the only one in the designated apt, the post office has sent them back to me. Crazy! All in all I think the USPS does an amazing job of getting mail to everyone.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Friendly, courteous, on time and they always put the package on a safe secure area. Never open to the elements. I truly like the onetime concerns. You can tell they are well trained. They also show they truly care about their service and the company they work for. Let me add that their vehicles are always neat and clean. Never dirty. Why does this make a difference? It is a direct reflection of a commitment to quality service to its suppliers and the community they serve. It gives us— the customers— a vision of quality and commitment in a service area that we all expect from Amazon. You definitely are the best in all areas. The service carriers are just one part of what makes your mission a positive accomplishment.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I don't ship often but when I do I'll ship via USPS. The post office nearest me is run better than most. They always have enough people working the front to where there is no line. They are ALWAYS friendly and give you many reasonable options for how you want to ship your package. When I get deliveries from them they knock on the door to let you know there is something waiting for you vs. FedEx who just dumps it on your porch and leaves. I've never shipped or received anything that was broken in transit and the boxes are in good condition when they arrive. I have several letter carriers and they are all very polite and helpful.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I had the most awesome experience with USPS and this is why... I ordered something on eBay and in my haste to order I gave them the wrong shipping address to my office (I was off by one number). When I tried to contact the seller prior to the shipment, they didn't reply in a timely manner. I tried to intercept the package with USPS, but they were having technical difficulties so I called them. Yeah I waited a good 40 minutes to get someone on the phone and they told me I couldn't intercept the package only the shipper could and it would cost $14.00, so I kept pursuing a remedy.

Somewhere along my pursuit I was told to go to the distribution center once I know the package got there (I was getting text updates on my phone). When I got to what I thought was the distribution center, I was told the distribution center is off limits to the public and I was at a Post Office. There a woman gave me a consumer affairs number to call which was local. That person said it was possible that he could let staff know once the package got to my local post office to hold it for me for pickup because it would automatically go back to the sender when they see that the wrong address wasn't even a deliverable address. The representative gave me a confirmation number.

The next day I got a call from my local post office saying they haven't found my package, but they are aware of the situation and will let my carrier know. The next day I got another call that they found my package and my carrier will deliver it to me on Saturday, which was today. Luckily my husband was working at the office so he was able to accept it and I didn't have to wait until Tuesday (after Columbus Day). Honestly, you would have thought I was a V.I.P. with connections or had some really important item needing to get to me. They were so amazingly courteous, caring and professional over a simple package. Way to go USPS and the staff at the Miami Consumer Affairs Office as well as my North Miami Post office. T H R I L L E D.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: June 25, 2020

I regret sending my package from United States to Thailand via USPS's First-Class Package International Service. It promised delivery of my package in 10-12 business days. It's been 16 business days and my package is nowhere to be found. The last notification I had was that it had reached the country's capital city Bangkok 4 working days ago. My city is a 2 hour drive away but it is still in transit 4 days later. How can this be the case? It takes less time to send from an airport from the US to Thailand than it takes for the parcel to reach a city 2 hours away in the same city. If you need a parcel to arrive on time, do NOT use this service.

Original review: June 23, 2020

So the post office has apparently misplaced a package that was mailed to me first class. I reached out several times by phone with no answer. I then wrote them. After a week I received a voice mail stating the package was left at the concierge. I checked with them and they watched recorded video around the time and day the post office claims delivery. Of course there is nothing, no deliveries of any kind. Try reaching back out to the post office and what do you know, no answer. But, I get a request to rate how well they handled my problem. I rated extremely poor and let them know I still do not have a response or a package. No wonder the post office is bankrupt. There is no follow through or customer service. Now I try to have all packages delivered using alternative companies. I no longer have any trust or faith in USPS.

Original review: June 22, 2020

As a disabled person I physically went into this po to find out what had been happening to my mail & packages. I have a medical hardship & filed paperwork regarding said in April. USPS tracking stated,”Wednesday, Jun 17, 2020

11:56 AM An address redirection agreement is in place between the customer and the carrier, your pacel will be forwarded to the requested address. The delivery date may have changed from original estimate. Atlanta, GA 11:56 AM Package forwarded to a different delivery address Atlanta, GA US 09:31 AM Out for delivery Atlanta, GA US” I made no such agreement; so I asked where they were. ***** was more concerned about my paperwork. “This is a process. You must go through it.” I asked him if I could get my packages, he did not respond; causing me to get upset because why wouldn’t I be notified of the whereabouts of my own packages? I also asked where they were being forwarded to. I added one had actually said it was “lost & undeliverable.” . All I could think about was how the trip was a waste. I wouldn’t get my packages, my mail, or even start receiving mail tomorrow, & I was never told why.
      Original review: June 20, 2020

I was expecting a package from Orlando, FL to Flint, MI. The package was sent Priority mail, 2-3 day shipping. The first thing I noticed was that the tracking was way off. The first time I got notification that the package had even shipped at all was when it was scanned in Elk Grove, IL, not Orlando, FL. It sat at that facility for almost 2 days then said that it was "traveling" to the next destination. 3 days later with no further updates I finally contacted USPS by email (the only way I could find to reach them at all). 2 hours later I got the first notification that my package had arrived in Detroit at 7:49 pm on 6/19/2020. The second notification that I got about a minute later said "Your package release not successful" and asking me to reschedule delivery... I did some checking at apparently my package DID arrive in Flint at 6:34pm on 6/19/2020.

Now mind you, it arrived in Detroit only a little more than an hour later, which means that it was promptly shipped to Detroit without even trying to deliver it to me. So now I'm again waiting as they say it won't be here until at least 6/22 and possibly as long as 6/27 now. Three day shipping.... What a joke. Going on a week now. Two if it doesn't get here until the 27th. IF it gets here at all. I will only do business with UPS or FedEx from now on!!! At least their tracking is accurate, and they ship on time, (in many cases early). So very very frustrated, disappointed and angry!

Original review: June 18, 2020

I am so sick of late deliveries!!! I honestly think at this point that someone is screwing with me!!! Multiple late deliveries, multiple times I have called to try to find out information and the wait is always at the very least an hour and then they don't know anything!!!! If I could give negative stars I would! DON'T USE USPS PERIOD!!!! FOR ANY REASON!!!

USPS author review by ConsumerAffairs

The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the official and original postal service for the United States. Ever since Benjamin Franklin was appointed as the first postmaster general in 1775, USPS has been delivering mail to people across the country. Today, USPS has expanded its services to also include international shipping, package shipping and priority mail.

• Easy to use: Anyone can send mail through USPS by using their home mailbox or dropping their mail off at any post office in the United States. Consumers and businesses can also arrange for package pickup online, making it easy to mail packages without leaving home.

• Mail options: USPS offers several mailing options so consumers can find a shipping timeframe and cost that meets their needs. Priority Express fees start at $22.95, and shipping runs seven days a week, so packages will be delivered on weekends. First class mail is available to send items weighing up to 13 ounces. Stamps cost only 47 cents, and your parcel will be delivered within one to three business days.

• Precious Cargo Box: Consumers who are sending fragile items can purchase a Priority Mail Precious Cargo Box. These boxes ship for a flat rate and include $50 worth of insurance. They include polyethylene foam dots or inserts that prevent items from moving during transport. Precious Cargo Boxes are available in three sizes.

• Shipping insurance: Consumers and businesses can purchase insurance to cover the cost of their package up to $5,000 for standard mail in the event of damage or destruction. Most priority mail shipments automatically come with $100 worth of insurance, and more can be added on for an upcharge.

• Military and diplomatic mail: Send packages to your loved one who is in the military for the price of domestic shipping, even if they are overseas. Save an additional two dollars when you use a large flat rate box. You can print off a label complete with custom forms right from your home printer and arrange for home pickup to simplify the process of sending a package to the military overseas.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team