2. Moving
  3. Shipping Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.20/5

USPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I don't have time to write of the pluses for UPS. They go beyond the call of duty. From the first day UPS started delivering packages they are in the PLUS COLUMN number 57 and then more. No, I do not work for United Parcel Service. They always make it right if a mistake is made. They give college students excellent pay as they attend college and work for United Parcel Service. I could go on and on and on and on and on about their excellence. Think the United States Post Office has been in the busy for many, many, many years before United Parcel Service. My saying is GO BIG BROWN and continue to make your customers happy. The jobs are not the easiest job to work with. All the hours and different shifts that go along with the jobs. The one word I would describe United Parcel Service is INTEGRITY. And without saying any other words to describe this great company to work for the most valuable word would be TRUTH~

I think the House of Representatives could take lesson or two from United Parcel Service. Most and last is the word GOD. United Parcel Service instills the TRUTH in each and every employee. Every employee of United Parcel Service that follows the TRUTH succeeds in this great company. This company pays for a student's college tuition and books. Plus they are offered great healthcare benefits. GO UPS! GO EACH AND EVERY PERSON WHO WORKS AT THIS GREAT COMPANY...

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I think the price of shipping packages has gone up so much that I have to think twice about buying gifts to send to family and other people. Of course, the mail office you go to has different experiences, some are not so crowded and service is quite fast. Other offices are loaded with customers and there is a waiting line. I have moved into a new apt. in Vegas and I'm finding that I am getting a lot of old mail addressed to former tenants and even if I take the letters to the post office and ask for them to be cancelled because I am the only one in the designated apt, the post office has sent them back to me. Crazy! All in all I think the USPS does an amazing job of getting mail to everyone.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Recently, I was waiting for a package that was brought to my house. The package wasn’t left. But, a note was left regarding the attempt to deliver. The note apparently blew away before I got home. A few days later I went to my local post office and the postal representative went out of her way to search for the package and contacted the delivery person for my area in an attempt to locate it. We were unsuccessful at that point. But, she made sure I knew who to contact the next morning. It turns out that I didn’t need to contact anyone. The package was brought to my house that night.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Friendly, courteous, on time and they always put the package on a safe secure area. Never open to the elements. I truly like the onetime concerns. You can tell they are well trained. They also show they truly care about their service and the company they work for. Let me add that their vehicles are always neat and clean. Never dirty. Why does this make a difference? It is a direct reflection of a commitment to quality service to its suppliers and the community they serve. It gives us— the customers— a vision of quality and commitment in a service area that we all expect from Amazon. You definitely are the best in all areas. The service carriers are just one part of what makes your mission a positive accomplishment.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I don't ship often but when I do I'll ship via USPS. The post office nearest me is run better than most. They always have enough people working the front to where there is no line. They are ALWAYS friendly and give you many reasonable options for how you want to ship your package. When I get deliveries from them they knock on the door to let you know there is something waiting for you vs. FedEx who just dumps it on your porch and leaves. I've never shipped or received anything that was broken in transit and the boxes are in good condition when they arrive. I have several letter carriers and they are all very polite and helpful.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I have tried to get someone to call me back with no luck. It is not right these drivers can drive through all the way across my yard when I have a driveway, just so they don’t have to get out to deliver a package. I have 10 pictures to prove. Any help would be great.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

USPS does not deliver on time as UPS or FedEx do. And the USPS doesn't really care because they think it's normal. Please don't lie to customers, just tell them the estimated delivery time within US is at least 5-10 days and it will be honest.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Been waiting for Pkg from China. They kept me well informed of all the stops and check points very prideful. Pkg finally got here in America. So one final Avenue of delivery via the carrier and he screwed up delivering to the wrong address. I did all my complaining to the main USPS. They knew where my pkg went. Then told me to file a loss as their answer. I went to the Annex where I was told to go for more help. Appears my zip is not in the Annex jurisdiction but I told them to curtail the runaround I'm getting. So a thoughtful supervisor is going out of his way to investigate but nothing promising yet. My experiences in detail along the way with various employees leave much to be desired in the runaround.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

USPS drivers are not allowed to back up their vehicles and could be disciplined for doing so. I know that sounds ridiculous but it is true. USPS is a mail delivery service NOT A PACKAGE delivery service and they are not set up to do so. I avoid companies that ship via USPS as much as possible. Customer service reps have an archaic mindset and are in no way capable to handle customer issues.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Mailed a certified letter with return receipt requested on 9/4. Last scanned on 9/5. They refuse to answer the phone so you have to stand in a ridiculous line. Manager at Lakedale office is the worst...does not know the meaning of customer service.

USPS author review by ConsumerAffairs

The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the official and original postal service for the United States. Ever since Benjamin Franklin was appointed as the first postmaster general in 1775, USPS has been delivering mail to people across the country. Today, USPS has expanded its services to also include international shipping, package shipping and priority mail.

• Easy to use: Anyone can send mail through USPS by using their home mailbox or dropping their mail off at any post office in the United States. Consumers and businesses can also arrange for package pickup online, making it easy to mail packages without leaving home.

• Mail options: USPS offers several mailing options so consumers can find a shipping timeframe and cost that meets their needs. Priority Express fees start at $22.95, and shipping runs seven days a week, so packages will be delivered on weekends. First class mail is available to send items weighing up to 13 ounces. Stamps cost only 47 cents, and your parcel will be delivered within one to three business days.

• Precious Cargo Box: Consumers who are sending fragile items can purchase a Priority Mail Precious Cargo Box. These boxes ship for a flat rate and include $50 worth of insurance. They include polyethylene foam dots or inserts that prevent items from moving during transport. Precious Cargo Boxes are available in three sizes.

• Shipping insurance: Consumers and businesses can purchase insurance to cover the cost of their package up to $5,000 for standard mail in the event of damage or destruction. Most priority mail shipments automatically come with $100 worth of insurance, and more can be added on for an upcharge.

• Military and diplomatic mail: Send packages to your loved one who is in the military for the price of domestic shipping, even if they are overseas. Save an additional two dollars when you use a large flat rate box. You can print off a label complete with custom forms right from your home printer and arrange for home pickup to simplify the process of sending a package to the military overseas.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team