USPS

Compare Shipping Companies

Research top Shipping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The company at the top of Google is not the USPS. They call themselves the USPS change of address assistant. They are a scam... run. I thought I was changing my address w/ the USPS for $1.00 and was charged $29.95 by this scam company. Make sure you are changing your address w/ the USPS, not any other company.

I sent off some Indian Artifacts to be certified and was expecting their arrival today. I have an online USPS Online Account to get a text page to inform me of new packages enter the system and a date they will arrive. I can leave them a special message if I know I won't be home or sign for it and have it delivered at another location. Our town is either understaffed, lazy or both. I got a message Monday I would get package today with almost $2000 in arrowheads. I was watching TV and got a message it was delivered, odd as I can see the front door from my TV Room. I checked the mail and none.

I walked to Post Office this afternoon and asked about my package as it now shows delivered to an individual. I gave them the tracking number and the Postal Carrier said he left it with my wife at the Baptist Church this morning, to take it up with her. She is the one of two secretaries, but that statement was uncalled for. I bit my tongue and stepped outside and called her at church. She had no package, had left and on her way home. She went back to check again. No package!!! I don't attend the church and my address was not on the package. Since my wife works there, they claim they delivered it there by assumption. I did find that even when it's not signature signed, there is a GEO Scanner that shows the Postmaster if and where the package was last scanned.

At our local Post Office they are checking all packages with tracking as delivered at 8AM and then riding around at 3pm delivering them. The carriers take turns each day on who drops off the boxes. I knew this would catch them sooner or later. The other secretary at church is off work with a broken foot so if the package was left, my wife would have gotten it. Since there is a daycare there is a buzzed entry into the office. This delivery by assumption should not be a standard and assumed practice just because it is a small town.

I told the Postmaster the sender had no means to even know where my wife would works or even if I were married so it did not have two addresses on the package as she claimed. I told her my assumption was the address placed on the box had a purpose not an assumption. This is not the 1st instance. I had an insured signature required package for $2500 delivered to the wrong location in late 2014 and they let the person at that location sign for it and keep it. I was furious and reported it to the Postmaster who promptly went there and asked for it back. I was successful but only with his intervention. If this package is lost, I will likely file a suit in Small Claims which will recover my money, but not replace the artifacts. This practice of scanning and delivery at the closet place. Since the church has a day care, I guess the next best thing would be to leave packages for all the parents with children there?

My boyfriend is currently in jail so I wrote one letter to him and decided to ship it overnight. I knew it would be a fee but I ended up paying 22 dollars for this. It was supposed to arrive at his facility at 12:00 Pm the next day. "Money back guaranteed". So now it's 1:00 the next day and it's still not there according to the tracking. I think it's ridiculous to pay that money for it not to really be overnight shipping. And I'm pretty sure I won't get my money back. I'm just over using USPS. If I could go somewhere else I definitely would.

So I have a package I received from China. I spent almost 300 dollars on that package. They gave me receipt and circled tracking, however I have been trying to track this but tracking stopped in Miami. It's been a full month and I have no idea where my package is. The company I shipped to has not received it either. I have tried contacting their customer care and they said "THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO", you have got to be kidding me right now. Do these people want to tell me that my 300 has gone to waste.

All they tell me is that they are limited with first class package. So why didn't the lady shipping my package tell me this. Why didn't she tell me I won't get tracking updated after Miami. This is most ruthless, cold, unprofessional shipping company I have ever dealt with and I will make sure everyone knows about their unprofessionalism. Guys save yourself the stress and just go to UPS or DHL to ship. You'll be treated way better.

November 21 Pickup Confirmation Number **. My 3 packages at the front door, were not picked up. Then I received an email from USPS. A complete lie and false info. Provided by whoever the mailman was on Nov 21. Just to cover up his reasons of not picking up my packages. November 22 I rescheduled a pick up for the second time. 2nd pick up Confirmation Number **. Again I heard the mailman on the street and again did not come up to the front door to pick up my 3 packages. I had to chase the Asian mailmans truck for almost 3 blocks with my 3 packages, and when I asked the mailman about why not picking up my packages, he said the supervisor did not provide him with a packages pickup list and he said his job is to deliver mail only. November 28 - Again mail delivery man came and gone without even bother to get out of his truck and drove off without picking up my package scheduled for today Nov 28 pickup.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Horrible, HORRIBLE cyber technical "support"! I've been waiting over a week to hear a reply about my refund. "Customer service" replied back with needed information that I fully send & got confirmation from them. After that NOTHING. I sent multiple emails. After getting fed up and frustrated I send another email which they reply to "Sorry for the connection loss???" All I want is my dang refund. What's so difficult about that esp when I give along information. Very poor customer service. Will never again deal with nor do business with.

I proceeded to change address from my present place of living to new address so my mail could be delivered in the new address, and paid $1.00 for transaction verification of ID. Now they on the program they call me from a 877 number for verification and stated that I will receive 100$ gift card as a courtesy and a charge of $4.95 will be charge for shipping and reduced to $3.95 as discount an will receive Safe data for 14 days free to review and if I cancel within 14 days they will not charge me a $3.95 monthly fee for the service. Now I get another phone call to verify the same info and offer of $24.95 for coupon that you could get free from internet. My complain is why those the USPS has this type of sales pitch that automatic share your info with companies that share your privacy? And I feel this is a scam to promote USPS.

Send a couple of old French text books to my daughter in Brooklyn. They went from Las Vegas to a sorting facility in California. Ten days later they arrived at my daughter's apartment. The box had been torn open and the books were mangled beyond belief. It was like they had been left on the freeway during rush hour.

Think the USPS cares? Guess again. Isn't there anything anyone can do??

This is the tracking report... Ten days in Bell Gardens?? Much be a cesspool. Delivered, In/At Mailbox BROOKLYN, NY 11206 September 17, 2016 12:40 pm. Out for Delivery BROOKLYN, NY 11206 September 17, 2016 11:08 am. Sorting Complete BROOKLYN, NY 11206 September 17, 2016 10:58 am. Arrived at Post Office BROOKLYN, NY 11206 September 17, 2016 5:08 am. Departed USPS Destination Facility JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097 September 16, 2016 2:25 pm. Arrived at USPS Destination Facility JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097 September 16, 2016 1:12 pm. Arrived at USPS Origin Facility BELL GARDENS, CA 90201 September 7, 2016 1:22 pm. Acceptance HENDERSON, NV 89012 September 6, 2016 10:47 am.

I'm leaving town tonight so I paid for priority shipping. Despite the tracking site saying the estimated delivery date was "yesterday", it's still nowhere near my house. It's been 6 days and shipping time was estimated at 3.

As I am writing now, I am furious. Let me disclose here I am a federal employee. I am furious that I have been trying to find out what happened to my package that I shipped to Cameroon on Nov 3, 2016. The package was supposed to be delivered 5 business days after to my brother in law. The package contained a wedding gown, shoes and miscellaneous wedding for my younger sister that is going to get married this Friday November 25, 2016. Since the package has not arrived Cameroon, I tracked it online, and call EMS in Cameroon as well many times to see what can be done.

EMS Cameroon has sent many inquiries to the USPS with no avail, no reply at all. I call the Damascus office on Wednesday afternoon around 3 PM, and was told that the package was heading to Cameroon, I came to understand that the agent that I was talking to did even understand what I was talking about, I requested to talk the supervisor. She replied that the supervisor, the Postmaster has stepped out, "but I will give her your telephone number" and she will call me back tomorrow (Thursday, Nov 16, 2016).

I called back Thursday around 10:Am, and was told by an agent who refused to disclose her ID that the postmaster has stepped out. Again I was requested to leave my telephone and the tracking number. Still Robin ** the Damascus Postmaster never called me back. I reached out again in the afternoon at 15:00, and was told that Robin the postmaster has left for the day, and that "we will give her your information and she will call you back and if you want to really put a hold on her, you have to call early in the AM." On Friday, Nov. 17, 2016 I called around 10:00 AM. Robin was not in her office, the agent promised to call me back if I give her my information. I called her back again, the agent that I talked to told me again that Robin has left the office for the day.

This Monday morning of Nov.21, I called at 9:30 AM, so that I could catch this Robin **, the Postmaster to hear that she on a telegraphic conference call, that will last an hour and that I should call back. I said "I am willing to stay on the phone for an hour until Robin is done with important teleconference call. I just want to know what she has done since I have been calling her and was promised she will call and email the corresponding office." I stayed on the phone, was put on hold, and around 10:15 AM, an African American (from her accent) agent came to the phone and after listening, she came back with a phone number that the postmaster gave her to give me. I told her that "the phone number that you are giving me is not a Morocco phone number, it is a US phone number." She kept arguing that it is a Morocco phone number and that It is working.

I asked if she has checked that this phone number is working, and she told me that the Postmaster called in front of her and it went through. Thus I should call myself to inquiry about my package because they were told that my package left Morocco since last Thursday they have been inquiring. I called the phone number and it was here in the US. Which means, Robin ** did not even bother to key in my tracking number to try to locate my package, she was just told by her agent this morning that my package is stuck in Morocco, and she went ahead to call the first Morocco post office that popped in the US directory. She did not care even to talk to me herself. So when I called back to talk her 10 minutes after, I was told by another agent that Robin ** is not in today (in an interval of 10-15 minutes, I had so many versions).

I requested to talk to the African American who told me that the Postmaster just gave her the phone number and that she called in front of her. I was told that the African American shift was over. I asked if the shift over at 10:25 and I just talked to her 5 Minutes ago. The agent directed me to the 18002221811, and that - Robin is not in for the day and will call me back - where I spend 30 minutes as well and still, nobody knows what happened to my package, and my sister is going to get married next Friday. An hour later, I called the Damascus office again, and Robin picked up the phone. I told her that I was told an hour ago that she is not in the office and that this has really been ridiculous. Robin first said this is the first time that she is aware of my problem... and that once the package leaves the US they do not know how to get a hold on their correspondents abroad.

I asked her "you are trying to tell me that the USPS promises to deliver our packages but they do not know or they do not know how to contact the people they have an agreement with or they trust with our package." They can't contact the people they handing our package to. This one of the worst experience of my life. Usually, federal agencies are good in customer service, but the Damascus post office Postmaster just proves it wrong. How can you hold a job that requires a tremendous amount of customer service if you do not care to call back for a client that paid you for a service you promised to deliver. I do understand why President Elect Donald Trump wants to cut jobs in the federal government.

I have lived at my house for over 30 yrs. I live in a townhouse development. We have cluster mailboxes at the rear of our properties. Our mail and packages are delivered in back. Our regular mailman have always delivered, without any problems. On November 20, 2016 at 2:27 pm, 2 packages, with a total of 3 items were left on my front steps, by USPS. I was sent a text saying they were left at the front. I was not home, so evidently, they just left my packages. I live on a busy street, with a constant flow of traffic and pedestrians. The packages were not there, when I returned home. The mailman should have use common sense, and not left them at all, if they could not deliver at the proper place.

USPS Vanderveer Station N.Y. 11210 - My local post office is probably one of the worst in the NYC area. They do not answer the phone and are not on top of what's going on. They put my mail on Ave I and the mail from Ave I by me. I live on Ave L and they can't tell the difference between I and L. When I do get packages they are often thrown onto my porch and are broken. They don't ring the bell. They just leave a package unattended on my porch overlooking a busy street where it can be stolen. The tracking system is inaccurate. They once said they had delivered my package and it only came 3 days later.

Problems I've had with the postal service include: I have the same name as a murderer who was in the news about 13 years ago. Once when mailing a package the postal employee began ridiculing my name and I asked him what his problem was with it and he said, "oh nothing, just the name of a sick murderer." Another time a friend had sent me a greeting card correctly addressed, and it was returned as undeliverable.

Then there was the time I had a package from China that showed "delivery not updated" on a Friday, I assumed it was going to be delivered on Saturday but no update. When I went by the office on Monday it was already being returned to sender and the incredibly rude woman at the counter said that they had it for four days and it was my fault for not coming in sooner. I eventually was able to get it back -- the apartment number had been cut off (a very common problem) but the postal employee didn't bother checking at the manager's office where they drop off packages they can't fit in the mailbox. And, BTW, it's not a stroke of genius that since I was tracking it through the USPS website to let the people following the package know there was a problem with it, but they haven't thought of that.

Lately the service has taken a dive off of a cliff. At my apartment complex we pick up our mail from a row of boxes that also has larger boxes for packages After years of getting packages from the boxes now they only leave letters there and every single package, no matter how small, is going to the manager's office. Like a lot of people I shop online, with packages coming in mostly from China and a smaller number from Russia.

They get across the world in 2-3 days, then show up as "processed through" US customs several days later, (the sites are either Chicago or New York) then another 5-10 days on top of that to actually make it anywhere else in the delivery chain. A few packages have never shown up and I honestly think they just got lost in the customs depot. Next is another 5-7 days to get to the Midwest, then finally to the local post office. And now package after package has been coming up as "delivery not updated" or "notice left" when there was none. I worked for one of the commercial delivery carriers and know the games drivers play to keep their numbers looking good, but it's beyond ridiculous to have to keep doing traces on packages and going out to the post office trying to find where it's at, and international deliveries taking a month or more that used to be maybe 7-10 days.

Bought insurance for $4,800. Signature required and they left box at a garage w/o signature from customer and item was missing out of box. Filed claim and they refused claim on all levels and gave no real reason for this. It has happened on several occasions and nobody from the USPS will talk about it. They fail on so many levels. It's not even funny.

I live in Florida and sent a copy of a recent medical scan plus report to my surgeon in New Hyde Park in New York for his review. This was sent via 2-day mail. Four days later I received notice that the package was not deliverable and would be returned to me. Thus far I haven't received anything. I resent another scan copy via overnight mail to be signed for with a return receipt. The same thing happened again... Not deliverable. Apparently, and obviously, the local post office does not like to deliver mail to 1999 Marcus Avenue in New Hyde Park. I know the building exists as I have been there on numerous occasions to see my surgeon plus two other physicians.

I spoke to the supervisor at the New Hyde Park post office and he told me he would tell the mail carrier to deliver the mail. With this being the case, one would have to ask the question 'What does the mail carrier do if he doesn't deliver the mail?' Yes - totally unbelievable but a 100% true story. I still have the problem of getting a copy of my scan to my surgeon. The only solution I can think of is to go to my hospital's records department (for the third time), get a new disc (third copy), mail it up to a friend in Roslyn, NY and have her hand carry the disc to my surgeon's office. So I'm out close to $30 for mail that the post office chooses not to deliver but my surgeon will get the disc he needs.

My package is delivered but I have never seen it. They said it was left by the front door/porch. First of all, I cannot reach the customer service or a person that I can talk to as there is no such option. Second, even if I assume the package was delivered and got stolen, I can tell the delivery person is unintelligent enough to place the package obviously by the entrance instead of placing it behind the huge tall fence that encircles my house. Third, I cannot track if the item really got delivered to my house because the location scan only shows the city it was delivered. Fourth, I would rather receive a note saying I have to pick up the item from a post office than leaving the package unattended by someone's front door. So far, I have wasted a lot of time on that package I have not received. It is not the first time my item got delivered to someone, got stolen, and went missing. The money I have lost is no longer an issue. I am very disappointed about this company.

I shipped my belonging on 26th August 2016 from Phoenix and was expecting to receive it by September 9th 2016. Even after waiting for a week after expected date, I did not receive my package. I called up the service to follow-up on the location of my package. So they started an investigation. 2 days later the investigation was closed with a "Package was signed and received", even though I never received my package. I called up the customer service again to check on it. They have no proper explanation for that. So this time the customer service representative reopens the case. Few days later the case was closed again with same statement, that the package was received. I had to call again and explain them that I never received.

So this time they create a claim and they asked me to upload receipts and invoice as proof to receive the claim amount. They rejected my documents even though I submitted all required documents. Two weeks after uploading the documents, same documents that were previously rejected were accepted now. After which the status changed to claim paid on 25th October 2016. Today it's November 08 2016. I still haven't received the check. I had to spend so much time on this. I had to wait for so long and the entire process was frustrating. In the end I haven't even received my claim amount yet. Even though I receive it, it doesn't replace the entire package I lost.

Package (Horn) comes from China (7800 Miles) in 7 days to USA. It lands in HAZELWOOD, MO on the 4th of November. It has my Granite City IL address on it, but goes to QUINCY, IL 62301 129 miles north then to CHAMPAIGN, IL which is another 199 miles then back to HAZELWOOD, MO for another 185 miles for a total of 513 miles to go back to where it landed from China to go it's original 18.6 mile trip from HAZELWOOD, MO to Granite City. That's 513 miles out of the way and 3 days. No wonder the Post Office is broke and always wanting to raise Stamps and postage. I hope they get their head out of their ass.

I've always trusted and love USPS because of their services. However, this week I experienced something that had never happened to me before with USPS. I ordered two items from Ebay and Amazon. The third package is a gift from a friend. I checked the status and it said delivered. Checked the mailbox... nothing. I called and have to wait for ages just to talk to a real person. Emailed them. They just replied back and called me once and then don't call me anymore. I even talked to the mailman in person... he seems so clueless and give me the "I don't know what to do, I tried, I am sorry." What do you even mean. You're the one who put my stuff and now you don't even know? He's a new mailman too... the old mailman never made these mistakes. I mean does USPS even train new people? It is so funny that my electric bills and other paper in the right box but the packages are missing...

Now, my stuff is probably in other people's mailbox and they have probably already stolen it. I am super upset and hopeless. I don't want my money back. I want my stuff that I ordered and have been waiting forever. If you are going to refund me I want the refund to be double, because one of the packages is a gift from South Korea. How are you going to refund me such like that?

I have seen so many problems with USPS. They delivered me the package that belonged to next door. I have to knock on their door to deliver the package. My package arrived at Berkeley, Ca on Oct 31, 2016 and it arrived at Oakland, Ca on Nov 3, 2016. Can't believe it took them 3 business days to deliver a package within 5 miles radius. In addition I ordered merchandises from Banggood.com and received it first time. Banggood sent me replacement parts and they said "address moved, no forwarding address." I contacted them to get status and no call received. Finally, they called and said item sent back to sender. Now I understand how come so many eBay negative feedback about not receiving packages. It's USPS faults. I feel sorry for eBay sellers.

We have a cluster of mailboxes in a shelter near the entrance to our neighborhood. The homeowner's association says this was dictated by the Post Office. (Post Office claims it was a request of the HOA, whatever...) There are a few large boxes in the mailbox shelter for parcels, but 75% of the time, packages do not fit in the parcel boxes so the USPS leaves a pink slip in your box saying you have to drive to the Post Office to pick up the package. People who live within a short distance of the mailboxes have USPS packages delivered to their door. We are just over the proximity line for that (but still in same small neighborhood), so USPS will not deliver to our house. (FedEx and UPS will.)

My wife recently broke her leg and cannot drive, and I work in another town so cannot get to the P.O. to pick up anything during the day. You would think the USPS might temporarily make an exception for us, but after calling and explaining the situation, and asking nicely, they flat out refuse to bend at all to help us out. Very unhelpful people.

We use FedEx, UPS and occasionally USPS for delivery. Every now and then I give the post office another try at handling some of our deliveries but the outcome ends up being negative. Recently I shipped two packages to the same customer. One was delivered, the other was returned for reason of (No Receptacle). It seems one carrier can walk in to the front counter and the other cannot. Returned to my address and now they want $5.95 for the return - does the carrier bring it to my door and ask for the payment? No.

He takes it back to the hub across town where I have to go between 11-4, wait in line and be told they only take exact change. I go get change and come back to find that the box is the one that should have been delivered to begin with. It was samples for a customer and has no value, but they will not show you the package until you pay for it. The woman at the counter seems to have a never ending string of sarcastic remarks and flippant comments for each customer as they approach. The post office in general seems to find low caliber people to engage with the public. They continue to lose money and it seems like only a matter of time until it is broken up and privatized.

Worst customer service by Postal Employee Valerie in Duluth, GA. I've been waiting on a package that has been sitting in the post office for 4 weeks according to the tracking tool on USPS.com. I've called the post office to find out why the package has not been delivered to my house and they never answer the phone. So I called the main 800 number and they told me the package was at my local post office and they could not understand why it has not been delivered.

Finally, I took a day off work to go in personally to get my package and Valerie immediately said that the package "could not be there" without even looking up the tracking number. I asked her if she could look it up in the system but she said she could not and that there was no way for her to track it. Really?! So I asked "where could my package be" and she said she did not know. So I asked again, "can you look up the tracking number and tell me what it says since it says that it is at my local post office" (meaning it was in the building). She refused to look it up or help. I left once again without my package and no answers. WORST SERVICE OF ANY POST OFFICE POSTAL EMPLOYEE. Valerie has a rude personality and unwilling to help customers.

4 months a package I've send was lost. It was worth $239 plus I paid $47.20 for USPS Priority Shipping. I have called all possible USPS telephone numbers. I went personally dozen of times to the USPS office and talked to the manager. I opened all possible claims online. As a result I occasionally receive "Do-Not-Reply" emails telling me my package is still not found. How do you lose a large green rugged case with Makita tools? It's clearly stolen. The tracking just stopped in one of the post offices.

I even wrote a letter and enclosed all receipts and documentation with all claim numbers and sent them to the Vice President, Consumer and Industry affairs James Nemec. As a result I received an email from Pamela ** Consumer Affairs Representative Northern New England District asking me to open an insurance claim. I answered that I already have opened insurance claim long time ago, but nobody answered the claim. I gave her the claim number. No answer. That was a month ago. I lost hope and I lost respect in the USPS as a government organization.

I am very upset with this company tracking system. A package was supposed to be delivered to me and signed for. On USPS website it said "on time October 31, 2016". When I checked my mail box at 2 pm I saw letters except for my package. I called the office. They are going to let me know that it is not guarantee delivery for that day and the tracking information said out for delivery. I went 2 hours later and check the information said "available to pick up". I was really upset because they have wrong tracking information in their computer systems.

I went to retrieve the package at the post office in my area. They are going to let me know that the package is not there and I haven't received my package. I personally will do everything paperless because even so they do not pay attention to people mails and I see wherein I received other people mails in my mailbox. I think if you will not deliver on a certain day give an extended time and not have wrong information for people to follow.

In the last 2 weeks I've had issues with 3 packages: 1 priority mail package is lost and the postal rep called (even though I requested an email response) and proceeded to read the exact same tracking info I was already able to access online. Then she said, "The package seems to have disappeared". When I suggested she actually "track" it to the last destination scanned, she said that was "impossible." Another was misrouted to other cities and delayed by several days.

And now I have another that should have been delivered yesterday but the tracking indicates on 10/27 it arrived at the wrong zip code at 7:12 a.m., then it was out for delivery on the same day at the correct zip code but never delivered, then sent back to the wrong zip code it was previously at, at 11:55 a. m of the same day, then back to the main processing facility that night at 11:03 p.m. and now the status indicates THAT THE STATUS HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED! Seriously?

And these past two weeks are just an example of the type of service I've been receiving more, and more frequently over the past two years. What is the point of a tracking service that can't be used to actually track and recover a package? A service they charge you for but never refund you for, even though it's "impossible" to actually track a package when it has "disappeared"? I've used this service extensively for both shipping and receiving until many of my customers requested I use a different service for shipping. And now I too, will request the merchants I deal with to use a different service or I won't be purchasing from them. The items I've been expecting are rare, and irreplaceable. The stress incurred and time wasted following-up on deliveries never received are irreversible.

Post Service Logic - Ok, I was excited to send my first care package to my son in college. But unfortunately, I sent via the USPS and it went something like this: 10/24: Lionville (suburb of Philly) to Philly (makes sense so far). 10/25: Philly to Wilmington, DE, and a then 15 hours later they send right to same P.O. in Philly (makes no sense at all). 10/26: Philly to Louisville, KY (really?). Did I mention that the package is supposed to go to Pittsburgh? It's sort of a major city with 3 distribution centers! 10/27: Louisville to Warrendale, PA (well, at least they got it back in Pennsylvania but this small town is about 1 hour north of Pittsburgh) and there it sits but it has travel 1,100 miles so far. (Pittsburgh to Philly is about 300 miles.).

My order was not complete as per packing slip. I only received 2 items of 4 in the box. I would suspect the supplier. However whoever removed the items was courteous enough to place the packaging of missing items back in the box. He/she was also kind enough to leave the allen key used to adjust the missing items. Customer service does not help here, they claim that packages are never opened unintentionally, and if received open they label with a "received open" sticker. There is a lot of finger pointing, but it is very suspicious that the packaging and the allen key were left behind in the box. I will ensure that any amazon or ebay purchases I make will not use this postal service.

I've been trying to contact USPS for the past two weeks. Unfortunately, my hold time was 30 minutes to an hour every time I attempted to call - not only it is very discouraging but I have no freaking patience to wait on the phone that long. Also, USPS told me my box will arrived to my parents house on Oct 15, however, I just found out my mail is still sitting in Richmond, CA. until the barge is full. I paid 60 bucks to have my ** delivered, but this ** who works at the USPS post office never gave an option whether or not I want my mail sent via underground or air. Pisses me off!

Technically, my mail won't be delivered until the end of November/beginning of December. I highly recommend USPS to conduct employee training! Employees need to know how to communicate accurate information to their customers before mails are to sent out. Second, USPS employees should know all international location and post offices by heart. Lastly, USPS need to do something with their customer services over the phone. A customer SHOULD NOT be waiting for more than an HOUR on the phone while finding out information about their mails. This is absolutely FRUSTRATING!!

What is the point of estimated dates of delivery? I mean seriously, my package has been rerouted from my local post office to others then back 3 times already. Do they have any idea how logistics are supposed to work? Is efficiency a thing? More than fed up with these people.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the official and original postal service for the United States. Ever since Benjamin Franklin was appointed as the first postmaster general in 1775, USPS has been delivering mail to people across the country. Today, USPS has expanded its services to also include international shipping, package shipping and priority mail.

• Easy to use: Anyone can send mail through USPS by using their home mailbox or dropping their mail off at any post office in the United States. Consumers and businesses can also arrange for package pickup online, making it easy to mail packages without leaving home.
  • Priority Express: Priority Express is a convenient option for guaranteed overnight delivery. Fees start at $22.95, and shipping runs seven days a week, so you can get your package where it needs to go, even on weekends.
  • First class mail: Perfect for small parcels that need to be sent by customers or businesses, first class mail is the cheapest way to send mail that ways up to 13 ounces. Stamps only cost 47 cents, and your parcel will be delivered within one to three business days.
  • Shipping insurance: Consumers and businesses can purchase insurance to cover the cost of their package up to $5,000 for standard mail in the event of damage or destruction. Most priority mail shipments automatically come with $100 worth of insurance, and more can be added on for an upcharge.
  • Military and diplomatic mail: Send packages to your loved one who is in the military for the price of domestic shipping, even if they are overseas. Save an additional two dollars when you use a large flat rate box. You can print off a label complete with custom forms right from your home printer and arrange for home pickup to simplify the process of sending a package to the military overseas.
  • Best for USPS is best for eCommerce businesses and consumers.

Compare Shipping Companies