3.8/5 (2256 ratings)

About USPS

USPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

USPS 20283 Santa Maria Ave, Castro Valley 94546. We had the best experience ever at a post office. We were helped by **, who went out of his way to help us, he is very knowledgeable, and a very nice person who would try his best to help the customer and make him/her feel at ease and important when being helped. I would say this person is one of a kind. 9/24/2022.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I am writing this review simply because I was having a bad day and while driving back home, one of the drivers smiled and waved at me as we passed. He then repeated the process when we went our separate ways on the road. It was a sweet friendly interaction but it made my day brighter if even for a moment. Thank you driver in Kansas city (Friday, June 10th 2022 11:30 am). Again, although I am not writing to talk about their shipping methods (because I didn't order anything), but I am writing about a driver who made my day better with a smile and a wave.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Yesterday the USPS person took extra care and knocked hard and rang bell twice. This was very important package and I would have missed it had the USPS not gone the extra steps to ensure package delivered. The package contains live animals so it was critical to get shelter and care for them ASAP. High praise and thank you for professional work!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I sent a very critical envelope to a loved one through priority express mail. It did not arrive as promised. I was frantic. I had been trying to track it but it kept saying the same thing, at point of origin. Finally I called, the wait was worth it. A very kind and patient customer service lady took down all my details and told me I would be contacted within a few days. Early the next morning I was contacted, my envelope was found and in the same day hand delivered! Thank you USPS!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

USPS has a gem in their staff, Ms. ** of a USPS counter in Bellerose, NY! What a conscientious, pleasant and helpful lady she is! If all USPS staff emulate Ms. **’s outstanding level of service, the US Postmaster General, Mr. Louis **, would gain loyalty from its customers despite the ever increasing cost of stamps. My experience yesterday prompted me to write a Thank You card to Ms. ** which is now stamped and ready for mailing. I am researching how to send an email to Mr. ** in order to share a picture of my gratitude.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Over the past ten years I have had plenty of pieces of mail go missing when sent to me AND when I have sent packages. Last year I sent a huge box to family in another state and it was never received or found and I had important items in there. This month, I was supposed to receive a package, the company sent another package and BOTH were sent back with "moved" on both labels. I have not moved, and I am still at the address that was on those packages. I once had a package I sent years ago to someone that did not get the package, but I got the top of the box that was ripped off and found in another state and papers to fill out back.

This is getting ridiculous and none of this gets refunded especially with the huge prices that are being paid to send big packages. I don't know if some of your employees are stealing packages or just more careless and dropping them off wherever, but I will be not using USPS anymore and will use the other sending services. I am EXTREMELY upset.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

USPS lost or stole my priority mail box I sent with tracking and insurance. They have yet to pay me for the lost package. No one that works for postal service could care less. I use another company for packages now.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

It’s going on three weeks and still haven’t got my medication. I need my medicine and it never came. Keeps saying it’s at post office. This is bull crap. The fifth time this happened. Don’t use these people. Go to UPS.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

We shipped important documents with Express Global Shipping and it said 3-5 business weeks. It has now been 4 weeks since the date that we shipped it. We have gone to the post office multiple times to try to get help and literally no one can help us. They didn’t even give us a phone number to try to call. Like literally nothing. These are important will and testament papers that are needed for my aunt who is only in that country for 3 more weeks. Don’t ever ship internationally with USPS unless you can genuinely wait months to receive it.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I ordered a package from an Ebay seller and received it in 2 days so I thought I'd order another item from the seller. She shipped on the 25th and it was supposed to arrive today on the 29th. When I check tracking it says to contact the carrier. I called today and the lady was very rude and no help. She said it's only been 4 days and I need to stop being impatient and my tracking will update later today. It's now 10pm and still no update.

USPS author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the official and original postal service for the United States. Ever since Benjamin Franklin was appointed as the first postmaster general in 1775, USPS has been delivering mail to people across the country. Today, USPS has expanded its services to also include international shipping, package shipping and priority mail.

• Easy to use: Anyone can send mail through USPS by using their home mailbox or dropping their mail off at any post office in the United States. Consumers and businesses can also arrange for package pickup online, making it easy to mail packages without leaving home.

• Mail options: USPS offers several mailing options so consumers can find a shipping timeframe and cost that meets their needs. Priority Express fees start at $22.95, and shipping runs seven days a week, so packages will be delivered on weekends. First class mail is available to send items weighing up to 13 ounces. Stamps cost only 47 cents, and your parcel will be delivered within one to three business days.

• Precious Cargo Box: Consumers who are sending fragile items can purchase a Priority Mail Precious Cargo Box. These boxes ship for a flat rate and include $50 worth of insurance. They include polyethylene foam dots or inserts that prevent items from moving during transport. Precious Cargo Boxes are available in three sizes.

• Shipping insurance: Consumers and businesses can purchase insurance to cover the cost of their package up to $5,000 for standard mail in the event of damage or destruction. Most priority mail shipments automatically come with $100 worth of insurance, and more can be added on for an upcharge.

• Military and diplomatic mail: Send packages to your loved one who is in the military for the price of domestic shipping, even if they are overseas. Save an additional two dollars when you use a large flat rate box. You can print off a label complete with custom forms right from your home printer and arrange for home pickup to simplify the process of sending a package to the military overseas.

USPS Company Information