1.19/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

6574 USPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I had a friend ship a package from Germany to me in Cambridge, MA on Oct 23, 2017. The item was shipped via DHL in Germany and then via USPS once it arrived in the USA. It arrived in New York Oct 28th. Then to my local post office in Cambridge, MA Nov. 7th. For some unknown reason the package was sent back to USPS network distribution center in New Jersey on Nov. 11th. No attempt was made to deliver the package to me when it was in Cambridge, MA. This foolishness continued until today Nov. 16 when I drove 30 miles to pick up the package at the post office in a Roslindale, MA. I have never seen such incompetence and extremely poor customer service. NEVER AGAIN with I use USPS.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Seriously had a package that was mailed out on Monday, the shipment started in a city 4 hours away from me. Yet it has gone from Newport News, VS to Raleigh, NC to Fayetteville, NC to Greensboro, NC in which it gets further and further from me in Camp Lejeune, NC. When I call USPS customer service they tell me priority mail that's supposed to be delivered in 1 to 3 days isn't guaranteed and isn't considered lost until 5 days after it's mailed out... and the slackjaw on phone goes "well hopefully I helped you out today", really? You didn't help me in any way other than showing our tax dollars are funding an organization that couldn't find a piece of crap even if it was smeared across their face.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I ordered 5 rolls of stamps online for total of $246.75. After not receiving them, local postmaster notified that they lost the stamps in the local branch and advised me to file a claim online. I did that. After few days, I got letter stating that they will mail me reduced amount of $100. What a rip-off by our postal service?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I paid for a tracking number. When I checked the status THE STATUS IS NOT TRACKABLE. "USPS TRACKING IS UNAVAILABLE FOR THIS PRODUCT", is the second time. The first time the envelope with documents, took 6 months to get there.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I order almost everything online and I hate it when I see delivery is by USPS. I live in an apartment and FedEx and UPS ALWAYS brings my packages to my door. USPS never does. They leave them in our office or locked up in the mail room for me to get whenever the office happens to be open. It's sometimes taken me DAYS and even a week or more to get a package because it's locked up. USPS even has a place on their website that allows you to specify how you want your packages delivered. I filled it out and stated "Please bring packages to my door and DO NOT leave them in the office." I got a note attached to my package saying "We do not do that." I say if they are going to compete with the big boys like FedEx and UPS then USPS should take the extra time like they do to bring my packages to my door.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Really, really dont like how most of my packages arrive to me broken and thrown around, or stepped on (with visual boot print!). I ordered a 14X14 Farberware Griddle BRAND NEW from a very reliable independent seller, and it arrived to me in pieces. I have photos of the box and item in perfect condition before it was shipped by USPS, then photos of after I received it in the mail via Priority Mail. Thank god my seller sent it via Priority Mail and had insurance! Otherwise we both would have been up the creek without a paddle, and me out of $38.99 and a new griddle that could not be found anywhere else during the holidays of which I needed it desperately for. We are still trying to fix our now broken electric griddle all because USPS workers cannot learn how to read the rather large red “FRAGILE HANDLE WITH CARE!” sticker on the side, nor do they care whether it has one or not.

Also, I use a lot of the free shipping boxes for online purposes and I’m just curious if you could maybe make another shape of the "small flat rate priority mail" box? I would really love a mini version of the large boxes that was flat rate and maybe the size of 2 of the small dvd boxes put together? And a small issue with your "large box" that isn't really any larger than the medium, but costs me $15 which is ludicrous to ship a box! I feel like if your larger boxes weren't so expensive, a lot more people would be able to use them. Happy Holiday's:) <3

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I have been trying to find a package USPS apparently lost, and it is literally impossible to get help. If you call the USPS number and try to speak to an agent (because the tracking website says the package was inexplicably delivered in Buffalo NY rather than the Phoenix delivery address), you have to wait through an 8 minute redundant survey, and then you don't get a person, you get hung up on. Twice. Then you go to the post office and wait for a half hour... And then you are told you are in the wrong line, you have to wait another half hour in the mail pickup line because only they have computers... How in this day and age can a company survive with such AWFUL customer service? I would never have used this rotten company except that I was receiving a package and the sender used FedEx who apparently are used to USPS as a subcontractor.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I got a parcel shipped to my hotel and the tracking # said it was delivered 5 days before I got there. When I got there, the parcel was nowhere to be found. The problem could be that the hotel lost the parcel, but when it was nowhere to be found there, I contacted USPS to try and see if they could give me more information, and make sure it had been delivered. So, I was on hold for about 30 mins, and a pleasant lady told me they would look into it and contact me.

I hadn’t been contacted the next day, and I’m leaving for home soon, so I call back with my case #, and sit on hold for another 20 mins, only to be told that they have no more information available about it and that they can’t help me. I was very unhappy about how long you have to sit on hold just to talk to someone, and then be told they can’t help you. Also, I tried calling the local USPS office, and couldn’t even talk to anyone. I am very dissatisfied with the customer service provided by USPS.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

USPS is the worst company you can use for your needs, be it business or personal. I have nothing but bad things to say about them. All of their employees are rude and disrespectful, and they NEVER!, and I mean NEVER! deliver the packages on time. The reason I am writing this is because USPS is destroying my relationships with certain business because of their stupid time management. I have ordered many packages with 1 business day delivery and I have never gotten them within one business day, leaving me frustrated and getting into arguments with the people I do business with. So if I could I would leave a 0 star review for these people who do not care about anything. USPS should be only be used for filling your mailbox with coupons and all the business regarding shipping should be handled by Amazon or FedEx. Absolutely frustrating.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

At my job, I am supposed to receive a paycheck every Friday in the mail. Recently, I have had 6 checks come in 3-4 days late. Kroger, my place of work, has the correct mailing information as I have received 3 checks since I have changed my address to my current PO box. It is very aggravating to not receive checks on time especially when I have payments that are due or I have to make a purchase.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Recently I had yet another bad experience with USPS. My package tracking said it was delivered and to my horror I did not find the package. It was never delivered to me. So I promptly opened a case with USPS. USPS called me 2 days after the issue was registered. The mail was mis-delivered to some other house and the unknown neighbor was kind enough to drop the lost package at my doorstep. I was lucky to find the mail even after having a tracking number.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Antediluvian, dysfunctional, and getting worse. Mailman tries to mash DVD disks into tiny mail slot, delivers mail to wrong addresses, and randomly leaves "sorry we missed you" notices instead of just dropping off my packages, which forces an errand to the atrociously run shabby ghetto post office to wait in line to pick up packages, nobody answers the phone, and the "supervisor" can't do anything.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I tracked my package, it said it delivered and they put it in my mailbox in Nov 8, 10:39 am but the problem is I did not see anything in my mailbox and asked my family members and they don't see anything either. This is really disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I ordered a parcel online from China, it arrives as expected at ICS NYC, then Kearny, then out for delivery to my local Monroe Township USPS for delivery or so I thought, ONLY to be sent to Whitehouse Station! Wait, it gets better! It THEN is sent back to Kearny USPS, as of today it was out for delivery to my place in Monroe Township, just checked the mail and NADA! Thanks a lot USPS, if I can ship via someone other carrier I will!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

How does a package goes from Athens, GA to Austell, GA (where it's expected to be delivered to but never makes it) all the way to Memphis, TN Network Distribution Center back to Atlanta, GA Network Distribution Center & has been on its way to Austell postal service since 9:22 am?? Like how do you all have soooo many careless carriers? What's the purpose of us being able to track a package if you all don't even know where you supposed to be delivering to? The worst customer service ever. I'll be sure to use FedEx from now on. And hope I get my package soon once it's done touring the south!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

4 packages, 3 attempted claims, didn't bother with the 4th. 2 packages never arrived. 2 packages destroyed, one of which looked intentional. All 3 claims was told no claim filed. 1st 2 claims, I refiled & was told again no claim filed. As near as I can tell you can no longer get a person. The 3rd claim was a ** stall & all 3 became no response. The 4th package I decided not to pay Insurance, since it's WORTHLESS anyway. The pkg (I send a lot of packages) had "HEAVY" WRITTEN on all sides (18lbs. Website says max 70 lbs) & went to many cities that are not the normal route before being delivered to the wrong post office for pickup. THEY SHOULD MAKE NOTE ON SITE, “DON'T EXCEED X lbs or postal workers will destroy the pkg!!!” At least you would know BEFORE YOU PAY WHAT IS "HEAVY"!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I am writing this review so that it reaches to everyone. My 1st experience in US to send a package to India was very disappointing. I preferred USPS because it's near to our place. But I never expected such poor service. I mailed the package on 26th Oct 2017 using the Priority Mail Express service. I was told that the package will reach within 3-5 business days. The package had a Bday gift for someone. Till date I don't have any information about the package. No tracking updates are there. I got a case registered but it’s such a slow process. I didn't expected such kind of service in a country like US. Really very disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

October 22 my item arrived at ISC in Queens, NY, then instead of coming 45 miles north to me, they shipped it to San Francisco where it has been sitting in customs since the 28th of OCT. I paid for Priority International Express. It's Nov. 4th now. That's 8 days in customs in San Francisco where fires are causing all kinds of delays. It's way beyond the time it is supposed to take and USPS have nothing to say. Stupid service. Too bad it sucks so much. Too bad our tax dollars fund this service that obviously is not getting what it needs to function properly. WHY would they ship a package that is going 45 miles away, 2000+ miles away to go through customs??!! ** stupid. Get it together USPS!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I don't send many boxes, but the ones I've sent recently, which should take 2-3 days, have taken MUCH longer. One package I sent from Portland to Crested Butte, Colorado, got sent to Denver, went back to Washington state for a few days, then went BACK to Denver and finally got to Crested Butte in TWO WEEKS. This was supposed to be a 2 - 3 day delivery! One package I sent from Portland to Maui took nearly a MONTH. My son didn't have ANYTHING to open on Christmas. I mailed it on Dec. 12th and it got "lost" in California for weeks. It took many hours on the phone with USPS representatives to locate it and get it to Maui. This last package was mailed from Maui six days ago and has been "delayed" somewhere - they can't track where it is.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I shipped a phone, to be returned to the carrier, on 10/18/17 at noon. Today is the 29th and it still has not arrived. I am in Chicago, Illinois and the package was going close to Indianapolis, Indiana. First, the package went to PA and then OH. Which does not make sense. Now, the package has been going from Indianapolis, 20 miles away to the destination, for three days now. The tracking updates are inaccurate as well, it is obvious. I don't know what's going on, but no one will help or direct me to a complaint line. My error in using the USPS may end up costing me hundreds because the phone will most likely not reach the destination by the due date. Don't even get me started on my carriers and the way they leave my mailbox open in the rain while leaving me to sort the mail in my box to correct recipients' boxes...

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

What is the purpose of priority shipping... if nothing comes in the allotted time??? I buy a lot of items online through a site called Postmark. Unfortunately, all of their shipping labels are USPS Priority. I ordered a package from City of Industry, which is roughly 35-40 miles from me. So it should take one day. Why did I check tracking and my package is in USPS Middlesex, MA? How did my package get there? Why is my package there? Things that should take 2-3 days are always delayed. Another instance, I tracked a package and it was delayed.

Finally, two days later, it said it was "delivered, handed directly to an individual" BUT IT WAS NEVER DELIVERED. You call and can never get through without waiting on hold for like an hour, but I waited and complained. My package ended up in my mailbox 2 days later though it had been marked as delivered previously. I truly HATE USPS. They are the WORST organization. I wish we didn't have to use them anymore.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

In the last few days I watched as one package arrived at my local post office only to show up 30 mins down the road 3 hours later. It should've been delivered the same day it arrived at my local office. Now this second package arrived in a city 15 mins away and sent back to the regional distribution center. This is something that happens often. It's no wonder that so much money is wasted behind their doors.

A few months ago I sent a friend a package and it kept coming back to my local post office. It took nearly a month for her to receive it. We are 1000 miles apart but there's no reason why reading comprehension is so low when moving packages. At one point I reported a package lost. They updated and said they couldn't find it after I finally received it. I tried to notify them. They sent another email saying they cannot find it. The system is broken and they need someone to revamp it desperately!!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Received a notice on Oct 25, 2017 for $2.33 postage due for a mail. Went to USPS Riverton UT Oct 26, 2017 and it was an envelope with $0.67 postage on it. Told at the counter it is considered a parcel that's why I have to pay extra $2.33. Came home and the envelope measure 5" x 11.5" and weight 1.2Oz. The postage $0.67 is sufficient for a large envelope size and weight. I am disappointed I was made to drive to USPS and pay the extra $2.33 for no reason.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I live in Miami and since the second day of Hurricane Maria I started sending batteries, radios, and emergency stuff to my family and it’s been more than one month and they haven't received any of my packages. A mailing system needs to work during emergencies more than in regular time. They need to have a Plan A, B, C...etc. The items I'm sending are for elderly people and important things. Do not TRUST THE USPS. Not to mention that they are selling you the expensive service for a fast delivery??? And you can't put an insurance request because 35 days is not enough time for the claim.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I recently moved in July and I forwarded my mail. My son and I lived in Indian Trail. When I forwarded my mail, he cannot receive mail and I can't receive mail. Every once in a while I may receive a piece of his company mail with my change of address yellow label on it. We have a business and we have had to pay FedEx an endless amount of money just for my son to get his checks for the company. We have had to ask for our General Contractors to stop payment on two occasions so with more fees added for this mix up. I have talked to the USPS on numerous occasions and also talked to the Post Office with no results as of yet. I don't know what else to do to get this straightened out. PLEASE HELP!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

First of all never order jewelry from QVC without getting signature. I ordered a 400.00 bracelet watch. The mailman I thought she put in my mailbox. She scanned it as delivered. I went right out after she left and no package. What is going on? It was a Saturday. Post office was closed. Drove around looking for the mailman. Could not find her to ask what she did with my bracelet that she scanned and put in my mailbox. Thank goodness QVC gave me a refund. Started to have everything sent to my mom's. Have had a lot of problems with our mailman. That was the most expensive one.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I sent a letter from Redwood City CA to Oakland Certified mail on 10/17/2017. I tried tracking through website for 3 days and could not get any information other than in transit. I could have driven it to Oakland in an hour! I called the post office and got the message. There was an hour to hour and 20 minute wait for my call. We got a wedding invitation that had been sent with a 72 cent stamp because of the weight and the person had to DELIVER IT THEMSELVES from San Bruno to us because the ** heads at the post office can't tell the difference between a 49c stamp and 72c so they returned them to sender for lack of postage! I had sent invitations to my own daughter's wedding and was short 8 stamps so I bought them as singles. The glue didn't stick and the 8 invitations came back to me. I complained to the postmaster and he said it was impossible and wouldn't even give me a refund for the stamps even though I had a receipt of my purchase.

I don't know from one day to the next what time I will get my mail. It could be from 3:00 pm till 7:00! I was in the commercial mailbox business and sold a new 4C mailbox to a customer, which IS REQUIRED BY FEDERAL LAW. You can't use the old 4B boxes for new installations. My customer went to the post office on Broadway Burlingame and talked to the man at the counter and was told by the man at the counter. "Why did you buy that box. You can get the 4B boxes through the internet" and gave my customer the internet site to go to. WE LOST A $800.00 SALE BECAUSE OF THAT ** HEAD! I complained to ANOTHER ** HEAD the head postmaster in Burlingame and he said he didn't have men working at the counter and I said it was his Broadway branch and he said "oh yeah".

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Never trust USPS ever again! They are GREEDY and irresponsible! My business partner received my package empty and they are NOT taking the responsibility. Only if it's insured! ** USPS! No one should trust you anymore! I lost more than $600 with this issue! Rotten in pieces!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Ordered diabetic testing supplies to be delivered to me today by USPS. Tracked packaged. Was "out for delivery." Mail delivery, including two other packages arrived on time. Called local PO. Was told my package was "misrouted" (in other words, a PO staffer took my package and placed it with the packages for a different route than mine). So it is not my carrier's fault. I fault the driver of the other route who obviously pulled the package from his parcels and left it at the station without telling anyone. OR, if that driver did tell someone, I fault the PO personnel who let my package sit there all day, didn't give it to another driver to deliver to my home, didn't contact me to tell me my package would be late. Nothing.

I had to call to ask where it was. Now it will be delivered tomorrow. What if I needed those diabetic testing supplies today?? The PO should have made sure that the package was delivered to me on time, or at least by the end of the day. No excuses. Just do it. BTW, this is not the first example of incompetence by this local PO. I can't wait until Amazon starts delivering packages right to our doorstep by drone. Take the USPS out of the delivery chain. We'll all be better off.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I purchased a Halloween card for children which was a bit bulky. The envelope said extra postage. I put 2 stamps on it. Oh also I actually purchased 8 cards all together. One was returned. Said it require 3 dollars of postage. I had put 2 stamps on it. I took it to the outpost post office and the clerk was surprised it was returned. She showed me a card with slots. The small one was 1/4 in thick. The card did not slide so it required extra postage to the slot that said large envelope. Which it went through just fine and the amount of postage already on it was adequate. She suggested I take it to the main post office.

When I arrived the clerk only put it through a small slot. Said when it doesn't fit through that one it’s considered a parcel and it is 3 dollars. Really a kids card. The manager said the same thing and another employee said I shouldn't have bought the card, really! The unfriendly manager and the employee which wasn't even involved was rude. The clerk helping me seemed to want to help was trying to be nice. I buy cards like this every year. I reluctantly paid the 3 dollars because I want the kids to get the card. I wish there was an alternative other than USPS.

USPS Company Information