2. Moving
  3. Shipping Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5
Based on 2,088 ratings submitted in the last year

USPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: April 11, 2021

I ordered something from eBay, over a week ago. The seller is in Conyers GA. I live in Jasper GA. That's only 2 hours south of me. The package should have arrived in no more than 3 days. eBay tracking had, and still has it scheduled for April the 8th. The 8th came and went, no package. No update on the tracking for a full day. Finally it updates, and my package that started out 2 hours south of me, is in Memphis Tennessee! Nearly 8 hours north from where I live, in north GA. No updates for another 24 hours. I finally get an update on the tracking today, and my package is now in Springfield Massachusetts! Why??? It makes no sense! I give up. I am done with USPS!

Original review: April 5, 2021

USPS showed me how incompetent they have become especially in the Lehigh Valley. Fire people who cannot do their jobs! I sent out live plants, insured and they haven't left the hub in 6 days. Why am I paying for priority when it is NOT priority. Rather pay $1 more for FedEx. My label stating 1-2 days for delivery based on address sent and destination. Hasn't left the hub. Get rid of Louis DeJoy and the supervisors in Allentown/Lehigh valley distribution. WORTHLESS.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I had certified mail sent to me first class tracking number created Feb. 26, 2021. Package arrived at USPS March 4, 2021. Made it to USPS Dallas March 6, 2021 and hasn't been scanned since. I've opened several cases to try to locate my package that keeps saying resolved and then closed. Today is April 1, 2021 and they still haven't located it. Even called consumer affairs several times same outcome. How do you file a complaint against USPS if consumer affairs don't help?

Original review: April 1, 2021

My grandma as of last week of putting this review up sent me a package and because she didn't put the base's name I'm at in the address the food she sent me went bad. Got lost in California and then Denver as of now is still on its way after a week and a half for a four day delivery, going to leave this review everywhere I can.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I bought peacock hatching eggs and they were shipped priority mail with additional insurance purchased with the shipping. The package was declared lost and found later sitting in a warehouse. The package arrived 15 days after the ship date with the eggs ruined by being delivered past the fertile date. The USPS refused to pay the insurance claim. First, they said that they did not insure live animals. After I disputed that with facts, they claimed that they were not broken so they were not responsible.

They also claimed the 2-3 day priority is a goal and not a guarantee even though they advertise it. (They have now changed it). I involved my US Senators and their offices have had no luck. It took them 90 days to respond in both cases while only giving me 30 days to appeal. This organization is not trustworthy and should be held accountable, and not bailed out during their financial struggles. Produce and better and reliable product, hold to your promises, then you will be successful.

Original review: March 17, 2021

I have not been receiving my package. I have so far open 2 cases with no results. I have informed them that packages keep going to the incorrect address and still I have a problem. Now I have 2 package missing and have to send any further package to a alternative address. I should not have to do this. I am afraid that my cases will fall through the cracks. My 1st was Feb. Now 2 weeks later I have another case. I have not heard anything about my 1st case so I know my 2nd will be lost as well. Help.

Original review: March 12, 2021

Last week I went to the 1617 3Rd Ave New York, NY 10128 post office location to get money orders made to pay my rent. I arrived about 5:45pm and was made to leave by 6:20pm. I gave them the amount of my money orders and they told me to swipe my card. Shortly after the clerk called her coworker over to her and they conversed about whatever it was that was on the screen and after talking and not coming to a conclusion they went and got their supervisor who stated her name was Ms. **. Came over looking pressed. She briefly finagled with the screen before she opened the register and went to the back and emptied out the till. When I asked about how were going to go about finishing the transaction she claimed I was never charged which isn't true cause I looked and the money had been deducted from my account.

I asked for a money order, receipt or some kind of written form of documentation to be able to get my money back and she went from I was never charged to telling me to, "Dispute it with your bank." I said it was unreasonable cause my rent is due and I could incur late fees. She refused to assist me as they began to close for the day. I asked, "Should I come back and have it taken care of the following day" and she said no cause I wasn't charged. I again tried to show her the deduction from account but she was being unwilling to assist in any way. As of now I'm still due on my rent and the USPS has yet to reimburse me for the theft of my rent money.

Original review: March 12, 2021

I purchased something online from Illinois on Feb. 14th. I wrote to customer service three separate times about the location of my package. They closed each case without discussion blaming it on COVID-19. I filed a lost package form. I received an email simply saying they will forward the package if they find it. Finally, I filed a claim for the value of the product. Well, what do you know? Four days later they found it in Richmond and it's "out for delivery" today. According to tracking, it had been in Richmond since February 26th! If they'd only taken my first communication seriously it would have saved a lot of time and trouble on my part. I will be using UPS from now on.

Original review: March 10, 2021

I mailed my truck payment on February 18 2021. It is now March 10 2021 and finance company still hasn't received my payment. Stupid USPS has no idea where it is. And Moneygram is a nightmare too. USPS needs to get rid of all their employees and start over again with dependable people.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I arranged a package to be picked up after wasting six hours in my house. I missed work, called three times with three different answers. Finally, the supervisor tells me I missed them several times, but the only only thing I missed was work. Employees don't speak English, and don't know how to help a customer. They don't even care about customers!!!

USPS author review by ConsumerAffairs

The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the official and original postal service for the United States. Ever since Benjamin Franklin was appointed as the first postmaster general in 1775, USPS has been delivering mail to people across the country. Today, USPS has expanded its services to also include international shipping, package shipping and priority mail.

• Easy to use: Anyone can send mail through USPS by using their home mailbox or dropping their mail off at any post office in the United States. Consumers and businesses can also arrange for package pickup online, making it easy to mail packages without leaving home.

• Mail options: USPS offers several mailing options so consumers can find a shipping timeframe and cost that meets their needs. Priority Express fees start at $22.95, and shipping runs seven days a week, so packages will be delivered on weekends. First class mail is available to send items weighing up to 13 ounces. Stamps cost only 47 cents, and your parcel will be delivered within one to three business days.

• Precious Cargo Box: Consumers who are sending fragile items can purchase a Priority Mail Precious Cargo Box. These boxes ship for a flat rate and include $50 worth of insurance. They include polyethylene foam dots or inserts that prevent items from moving during transport. Precious Cargo Boxes are available in three sizes.

• Shipping insurance: Consumers and businesses can purchase insurance to cover the cost of their package up to $5,000 for standard mail in the event of damage or destruction. Most priority mail shipments automatically come with $100 worth of insurance, and more can be added on for an upcharge.

• Military and diplomatic mail: Send packages to your loved one who is in the military for the price of domestic shipping, even if they are overseas. Save an additional two dollars when you use a large flat rate box. You can print off a label complete with custom forms right from your home printer and arrange for home pickup to simplify the process of sending a package to the military overseas.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team