2. Moving
  3. Shipping Companies

3.9/5 (2084 ratings)

About USPS

USPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: June 11, 2021

Ignore ALL stars above a 1! This has been and will always be a terrible service to use to ship ANYTHING. Too bad EBAY and other places don't offer an alternative choice to have items sent to you. Every package is always late! A package sent not even 100 miles away takes 3-4 days to get. Do yourself and your customers a service and DON'T use USPS Shipping. Very sad even when out of the country packages can get to the USA in 5 or less days then it takes another 2 weeks to get to the destination. Just a sad service.

Original review: June 8, 2021

I shipped a package via USPS Priority Mail Express 2 day service. My package did not make it there until after 5 days, and even when it arrived at their facility they did not deliver it to the recipient, and left the package at their office and did not notify anyone. The employees at the post office are not accountable for their ineptitude. They don't have the incentive to deliver any packages on time or compensate the consumers with any loss or damages. Do not use them for any time sensitive packages - period.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2021

Package was late. Then USPS shipped my package across the country from NY to Ca and it is slowly making its way back to the East coast to Pa all week long. Pathetic. Still waiting. Been several weeks.

Original review: May 29, 2021

I have had 2 packages damaged by USPS, claims had been filed, documents have be given, proof of insurance provided, all packages were provided to USPS for verification, proof of cost, and damage confirmed. They have spent 4 months denying the claim and now I have written proof of the damage product and package from the post master and they are still denied. Their review process is erroneous in the claims department and they are not only stealing money from us all for insurance they refuse to repair or replace the damaged product once they damage it. DO NOT SEND ANYTHING USPS.

Original review: May 27, 2021

This is a heads up to remind everyone to insure everything sent through USPS. Due to pandemic I was unable to visit my elderly father in February 2021 who lives in a different state but found a semi rare coin that I paid $75 for in an antique store. I mailed this coin taped inside of greeting card to my elderly father By handing the card directly to the attendant at the Tequesta Florida post office asking her to check my postage which was fine. When the card arrived at my father's home in South Carolina there was a slit in the side of the envelope and the coin had been removed. I realize I should have insured this package, but I thought “what could go wrong” if I hand delivered to the post office and my father has a locked mailbox. Just a warning…

Original review: May 20, 2021

I'll make this brief. My last seven Priority Express Mail packages in the months of April and May, have all been late by an average of ten days. That's around two hundred and ten dollars I basically just "involuntarily gave" to this inept, one hundred percent failure rate, bad joke of a mail delivery company. Today's "out for delivery" late arrival, was not delivered due to an "address verification". I checked the shipping label and there was absolutely no discrepancy in the address at all. I.... am.... DONE... with the USPS!!! FedEx or UPS only, from now on, for Shipping AND Receiving.

Original review: May 16, 2021

As an eBay seller I have seen packages mangled that were double packaged for safety and had fragile written on them. USPS won't even refund the money you spent paying them to ensure your package gets there safely. I have another package that was supposed to be 3-4 days and it's been a few weeks and I'm still waiting. If this was a private company they'd be out of business. Let that sink in. If you or I did what they did we'd be sued and out of business.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I sent legal documents to a law firm in Alabama through USPS certified mail, with tracking, delivery conformation, and signature requirement. It was mailed on April 6, 2021 and it arrived at the destination post office in Alabama on April 10, 2021. And here it is May 5, 2021 and when I check the Tracking number, it just says delivery attempt, it has been saying delivery attempt for a month NOW! How long does it take to deliver a small parcel? I tried to call the post office at the city in Alabama the certified mail went to, no luck, I just get a computer that tells me to call a 1-800 number, and when I call that number all I get is another computer telling me about all the services the postal service offers. The law firm hasn't received the certified mail, the USPS is useless, I should have used FedEx! I don't know what has happened to my mail, where it is, who has it, if it will be returned, or if it was just lost or stolen.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Since the Covid Pandemic I have been shopping online more. USPS delivery is HORRIBLE. Today waiting for shipment that went from Woodridge, IL to Queens, NY to Edgerton, KS and I live in Central Missouri. I could have driven to Woodridge and back 5 to 10 times since April 23 when the shipping started. How can this be more economical than shipping more directly? Why send it to NY when it originated and is to be delivered in the Midwest? If it is to to the location of the distribution centers, move them, get rid to them or one up with a better solution. No wonder you run out of money. It's the customers and the trustworthy people who are paid pennies to deliver it to your door who suffer. But USPS still asks government for more money? How about going back to Pony Express or Wagon Train!

Original review: April 30, 2021

There’s a branch of Winter Park, FL that’s been doing unprofessional things for more than five years to customers. People complained and nothing was done. There are strongholds of indirect theft, hindrance, confusion and attempted control. I ordered a pricey item and it took me weeks to obtain it even though it arrived on time. The carrier placed the package in a tight fitting compartment instead of a locker box, gave an incorrect key, and refused to resolve the situation. I went around wasting my time jiggling the key in every locker box. I had to escalate the situation and have the package delivered to my door.

Another incident was when I ordered a perishable item. The company decided to utilize the USPS instead of delivering the item to my front door. That company advertises on another company’s platform, but ships directly to customers. At the time, I was not aware of that. I am aware that companies do that, however, I just was not aware that that particular company did that since I was ordering a perishable item that needed to be quickly delivered. The carrier repeated a similar offense where an incorrect key was given. I never got that package. Now, I ordered an important item that I need. An incorrect key was given and I do not know where that package is located. That branch needs to be investigated. The unprofessionalism has gone on for far too long.

USPS author review by ConsumerAffairs

The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the official and original postal service for the United States. Ever since Benjamin Franklin was appointed as the first postmaster general in 1775, USPS has been delivering mail to people across the country. Today, USPS has expanded its services to also include international shipping, package shipping and priority mail.

• Easy to use: Anyone can send mail through USPS by using their home mailbox or dropping their mail off at any post office in the United States. Consumers and businesses can also arrange for package pickup online, making it easy to mail packages without leaving home.

• Mail options: USPS offers several mailing options so consumers can find a shipping timeframe and cost that meets their needs. Priority Express fees start at $22.95, and shipping runs seven days a week, so packages will be delivered on weekends. First class mail is available to send items weighing up to 13 ounces. Stamps cost only 47 cents, and your parcel will be delivered within one to three business days.

• Precious Cargo Box: Consumers who are sending fragile items can purchase a Priority Mail Precious Cargo Box. These boxes ship for a flat rate and include $50 worth of insurance. They include polyethylene foam dots or inserts that prevent items from moving during transport. Precious Cargo Boxes are available in three sizes.

• Shipping insurance: Consumers and businesses can purchase insurance to cover the cost of their package up to $5,000 for standard mail in the event of damage or destruction. Most priority mail shipments automatically come with $100 worth of insurance, and more can be added on for an upcharge.

• Military and diplomatic mail: Send packages to your loved one who is in the military for the price of domestic shipping, even if they are overseas. Save an additional two dollars when you use a large flat rate box. You can print off a label complete with custom forms right from your home printer and arrange for home pickup to simplify the process of sending a package to the military overseas.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team