3.9/5 (2267 ratings)

About USPS

USPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: June 10, 2022

I am writing this review simply because I was having a bad day and while driving back home, one of the drivers smiled and waved at me as we passed. He then repeated the process when we went our separate ways on the road. It was a sweet friendly interaction but it made my day brighter if even for a moment. Thank you driver in Kansas city (Friday, June 10th 2022 11:30 am). Again, although I am not writing to talk about their shipping methods (because I didn't order anything), but I am writing about a driver who made my day better with a smile and a wave.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Yesterday the USPS person took extra care and knocked hard and rang bell twice. This was very important package and I would have missed it had the USPS not gone the extra steps to ensure package delivered. The package contains live animals so it was critical to get shelter and care for them ASAP. High praise and thank you for professional work!

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I sent a very critical envelope to a loved one through priority express mail. It did not arrive as promised. I was frantic. I had been trying to track it but it kept saying the same thing, at point of origin. Finally I called, the wait was worth it. A very kind and patient customer service lady took down all my details and told me I would be contacted within a few days. Early the next morning I was contacted, my envelope was found and in the same day hand delivered! Thank you USPS!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

USPS has a gem in their staff, Ms. ** of a USPS counter in Bellerose, NY! What a conscientious, pleasant and helpful lady she is! If all USPS staff emulate Ms. **’s outstanding level of service, the US Postmaster General, Mr. Louis **, would gain loyalty from its customers despite the ever increasing cost of stamps. My experience yesterday prompted me to write a Thank You card to Ms. ** which is now stamped and ready for mailing. I am researching how to send an email to Mr. ** in order to share a picture of my gratitude.

Original review: June 17, 2022

Yesterday, a delivery driver showed up while my dog was outside on a leash and my husband was standing in the doorway. The driver half way got out of his truck and then immediately got back in is truck before my husband could even step outside. We then get an update that the package is available for pick up at the post office. So Today, I got to the post office it was supposed to be delivered at only to be told they don't know where the package is, but it must be at the other office and gives me a phone number to call. Phone number just rings and rings and rings and then hangs up on you. So I drive over to the other post office for the rep to tell me that the delivery driver attempted to deliver and I said, "No that's a lie. I was standing right there." For the rep to then pop an attitude and go 'WELL, if a dog is there they won't deliver (which is a lie).' And then said 'I wasn't there so I don't know.' I was and I'm telling you what happened.

They said that it was mislabeled and that it would be redelivered today. I then asked why the tracking information would tell me it's here for pick up, and he then said that they would go back and check. Man never returns, instead about 5 mins later another man walks up without introducing himself or who he was says that it was mislabeled and would be redelivered today and told me to leave. This is completely unacceptable and I completely wasted my time trying to hunt down this package because people cannot do their jobs and getting mad when they are called out for it. USPS has been useless for a while, but they are just completely pathetic now and a waste of time. Not helpful, unfriendly, defensive, rude. 10/10 don't recommend. Just use Fedex or Ups.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Well paid extra for two days shipping. It's been 8 days and still no package. No wonder the USPS is going under. Terrible, terrible, experience. I will never ever use them again. Just shut down and move aside. Let places that care about its customers ship. Obviously it's not the USPS.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Their tracking is garbage.. Says item left a distribution center then a day later it says it left the same place and does it for every stop on the way.. How hard is it to get it to us on time... Super slow. When you call them they aren't helpful and just give excuses like Biden blaming inflation on Putin price hike..

Original review: June 14, 2022

Don't know about everyone else's shipping experience with USPS, but mine was the worst I've ever had. My friend used them, on the 20th May this year, to send me a package, containing Disneyland merchandise, from the US to Singapore. According to their tracking system in the first five days, they only created its label and it was transiting to the "next facility", without stating what this place exactly was. Then, the next update came 11 DAYS later on 3rd June which, to my horror, said the package had not even reached their customs facility! And again, no update for the FOLLOWING FOUR DAYS.

I had to call USPS's service hotline, on the 8th, to ask where my package exactly was and their operator said they, unfortunately, sent it back to my friend as it couldn't be cleared for shipping. Then on the following day, We got UPS to ship our package instead since we didn't want to risk going through the same horrible experience with USPS. Fortunately, UPS cleared it without any issues and took only six days to deliver the package to me.

Even now, we still don't know why USPS couldn't clear the package, when UPS easily could. But I can only think it's because they had too many other packages to ship ours. So, definitely don't use USPS for international shipments (especially urgent ones) since they might also make you wait for weeks and end up not delivering it at all.

Original review: June 13, 2022

Totally worthless. Getting mail from PA to Norwich NY takes 10 to 14 days to get here. Also all the mail they never delivered or lost they go from PA to syracuse ny to binghamton. Come on you go by norwich ny to start with. They are idiots. I could drive and pick it up faster than they can deliver it. They don't care. No customer service whatsoever. It's the government. They are on a higher level not Zell to amazon to guys suck.

Original review: June 9, 2022

When the United States Post Office became the United States Postal Service, it was the beginning of the end of a good, dependable, affordable delivery service. This (dis)organization can't compete with the likes of UPS, FedEx, and Amazon when it comes to package delivery, and their first class mail delivery is about is pitiful. Why does it take a first class piece of mail 6 business days to get from Point A to Point B, less than 5 miles away in the same city. If this sort of delivery was an occasional thing, it could be excused, but it's now the norm. I foolishly sent a one page form to a niece 11 miles away within the same county on May 26, 2022 and here it is June 9, 2022 and she still hasn't received it. Even more foolishly, I spent almost $11.00 for a tracking number, and get tracking info that it's running late but is on its way to the next facility. Doesn't even say where this or that or the next facility is.

"Customer" service? Oh, please! It's not CUSTOMER service, it's PROVIDER service, meaning communication between the customer and the provider/retailer is geared to their convenience, not the customer's. "We may or may not get back to you when and if we feel like it." Looking for good customer service? Try finding it in a mid 20th Century museum, 'cause it doesn't exist any more. And, BTW, who is the real world charges more for less service and expects to win friends and influence people? The USPS is run by a bunch of nitwits.

USPS author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the official and original postal service for the United States. Ever since Benjamin Franklin was appointed as the first postmaster general in 1775, USPS has been delivering mail to people across the country. Today, USPS has expanded its services to also include international shipping, package shipping and priority mail.

• Easy to use: Anyone can send mail through USPS by using their home mailbox or dropping their mail off at any post office in the United States. Consumers and businesses can also arrange for package pickup online, making it easy to mail packages without leaving home.

• Mail options: USPS offers several mailing options so consumers can find a shipping timeframe and cost that meets their needs. Priority Express fees start at $22.95, and shipping runs seven days a week, so packages will be delivered on weekends. First class mail is available to send items weighing up to 13 ounces. Stamps cost only 47 cents, and your parcel will be delivered within one to three business days.

• Precious Cargo Box: Consumers who are sending fragile items can purchase a Priority Mail Precious Cargo Box. These boxes ship for a flat rate and include $50 worth of insurance. They include polyethylene foam dots or inserts that prevent items from moving during transport. Precious Cargo Boxes are available in three sizes.

• Shipping insurance: Consumers and businesses can purchase insurance to cover the cost of their package up to $5,000 for standard mail in the event of damage or destruction. Most priority mail shipments automatically come with $100 worth of insurance, and more can be added on for an upcharge.

• Military and diplomatic mail: Send packages to your loved one who is in the military for the price of domestic shipping, even if they are overseas. Save an additional two dollars when you use a large flat rate box. You can print off a label complete with custom forms right from your home printer and arrange for home pickup to simplify the process of sending a package to the military overseas.

USPS Company Information