3.7/5 (903 ratings)

About USPS

USPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

It doesn’t matter where or when I send packages using USPS. They never show up on time. I pay for 2nd day, it takes over a week. Informed delivery is never up to date. It will go from providing a delivery date to listing delivery date not known. It will show arriving at a facility an hour away and taking two days to get to the delivery area. Customer svc is a joke. If you can get through to them, They are NEVER helpful not mention ALWAYS extremely rude. I don’t understand how they are still in business. I’m sure posting this will accomplish nothing but if you have a choice, I would avoid using USPS at all cost. Pay extra and use another carrier. Usps is a complete joke.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

My package was mailed on 1/3/2022 from Tennessee. The package went from TN, to AZ, to Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo and Metro NY. WHY?? None of these are close to Houston! Obviously we need to have a geography lesson. My package is lost, I have opened a claim, but they don't care to help. I just called in again since opening my claim 2 days ago. After sitting on hold for 30 minutes, the "customer service rep" couldn't get off the phone with me fast enough. No service, no help! The USPS is awful! The employees don't care, so much dead weight and laziness. SAD! We would all be better off if they went out of business.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

In the past USPS has lost our Priority Mail packages. USPS representatives told us there is no delivery guarantee for Priority Mail--that if we need a guaranteed delivery, we must use Priority Mail EXPRESS. So when we had to mail out some critical legal documents for an upcoming out-of-state court case, we sent them Priority Mail Express (PME). We even spoke with the supervisor of our local post office about how confident he was the documents would get to their destination on time. He assured us PME is a much more rigorous delivery option and offers both accurate tracking info and guarantees delivery by a certain time.

The legal documents are now late, tracking has never been updated, and the court case is in a few hours. Today, the same USPS supervisor who assured us our documents would arrive on time merely said, "Sorry," when he heard they haven't arrived. To make matters worse, USPS is making it hard to process our claim about failed delivery because, according to them, the package COULD still be delivered. USPS should be held legally liable when critical documents are lost or arrive late. Don't offer PME if you can't actually guarantee delivery. But USPS holds a government-sanctioned monopoly on delivery to certain addresses, otherwise we'd have gone with another delivery company that has much better overnight delivery stats. Don't believe the up-selling rhetoric about the PSE delivery guarantee with USPS.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

So, I live in NYC and 3 times I sent a package to my home country and every time I had some problem. Last time (15 days ago) I sent some gifts and PAID EXTRA to make sure that they will arrive before our Orthodox Christmas (01/07). After 13 days since I sent it, the package was still in NYC!!! You cannot reach an agent to speak with. Their customer service is awful. If anyone from the company ever read this "YOU ALL ARE INCOMPETENT IN SO MANY LEVELS!"

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I ordered a couple of items totaling $80. The box arrived looking like it had been stamped on or thrown by staff, the items inside completely destroyed beyond repair. Six months of attempts to speak with staff or claim compensation got me nowhere as they make their claims process as complex and un-user friendly as conceivably possible. $80 down the drain, no apology, no accountability, no replacement from this absolutely horrendous company. Avoid at all costs.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

What is keeping the USPS in business is a mystery to me given their latest screw up. I was notified one day before an address change took effect, went on the web to cancel the change, reaffirmed the addresses for my mail to continue as is, called to reaffirm and was told that my mail will continue to be sent to the wrong address for a "week to ten days." Why didn't the reminder notice come two weeks ago not the day before, if my mail stops EARLY and it continues for two weeks. Go out of business USPS, we'll be better off.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Their basic service is poor, they often fail to get what I send where it needs to go. But their recent antics at delivering to my house have been the worst so far. They suddenly decided they were not going to press the button that opens my gate to deliver the packages, even though they have been doing this for a year. Then they mark the account as "undeliverable"! I raise a ticket, they don't call me or email me, they just close the ticket and say it's undeliverable at my address. We really would be better off if this terrible organization was simply closed, let the private sector fill in the gap. It would be impossible to do a worse job!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

It's important for us to mail an application on the 1st day of the month. It goes 25 miles. It cannot be delivered by hand. It must go via USPS. It must arrive in 1 day or we lose an important benefit worth $495. USPS Priority Mail 9"x12" envelope. We track it. This is now the second time this year that USPS Priority Mail has failed us. Mailed from Dobbs Ferry 10am 12/1/2021, destination Queens in New York City using USPS Online label creation system. The 1st failure, they routed the package to Washington, DC; and it took over a week to arrive in Queens! This month's failure, they routed the package to NJ Transit Center overnight, and now it's languishing at the NY Transit Center day 2, and the package has still not been delivered. USPS Priority Mail has failed us again.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Sent injectors across the country to be rebuilt. Tightly packed the box as instructed by postal worker. Paid insurance (based on past experience) on the package and only 1 of 8 made it to destination. When I filed the claim it was denied based on the value I gave them. (Though an email from rebuilding and picture of the work order were given on value of core fee) when I appealed they asked for the box and injector which according to the post master was nowhere to be found though it had been given back to the postmaster. Need I mention this took 4 months to only get another denial because they couldn't find the box they lost. Needless to say this wasn't the first time this had happened but it will be the last. Send at your own risk, they will not accept a claim no matter insurance or not. Fedex and UPS have been much better in these circumstances.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

The Item was shipped on 23rd from Tampa coming only 20 miles and the item shows the merchandise is still in Ybor city. I feel they are very dishonest federal employees. I have witnessed how the employees make overtime.

USPS author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the official and original postal service for the United States. Ever since Benjamin Franklin was appointed as the first postmaster general in 1775, USPS has been delivering mail to people across the country. Today, USPS has expanded its services to also include international shipping, package shipping and priority mail.

• Easy to use: Anyone can send mail through USPS by using their home mailbox or dropping their mail off at any post office in the United States. Consumers and businesses can also arrange for package pickup online, making it easy to mail packages without leaving home.

• Mail options: USPS offers several mailing options so consumers can find a shipping timeframe and cost that meets their needs. Priority Express fees start at $22.95, and shipping runs seven days a week, so packages will be delivered on weekends. First class mail is available to send items weighing up to 13 ounces. Stamps cost only 47 cents, and your parcel will be delivered within one to three business days.

• Precious Cargo Box: Consumers who are sending fragile items can purchase a Priority Mail Precious Cargo Box. These boxes ship for a flat rate and include $50 worth of insurance. They include polyethylene foam dots or inserts that prevent items from moving during transport. Precious Cargo Boxes are available in three sizes.

• Shipping insurance: Consumers and businesses can purchase insurance to cover the cost of their package up to $5,000 for standard mail in the event of damage or destruction. Most priority mail shipments automatically come with $100 worth of insurance, and more can be added on for an upcharge.

• Military and diplomatic mail: Send packages to your loved one who is in the military for the price of domestic shipping, even if they are overseas. Save an additional two dollars when you use a large flat rate box. You can print off a label complete with custom forms right from your home printer and arrange for home pickup to simplify the process of sending a package to the military overseas.

USPS Company Information