2. Moving
  3. Shipping Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.48/5

USPS Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I don't have time to write of the pluses for UPS. They go beyond the call of duty. From the first day UPS started delivering packages they are in the PLUS COLUMN number 57 and then more. No, I do not work for United Parcel Service. They always make it right if a mistake is made. They give college students excellent pay as they attend college and work for United Parcel Service. I could go on and on and on and on and on about their excellence. Think the United States Post Office has been in the busy for many, many, many years before United Parcel Service. My saying is GO BIG BROWN and continue to make your customers happy. The jobs are not the easiest job to work with. All the hours and different shifts that go along with the jobs. The one word I would describe United Parcel Service is INTEGRITY. And without saying any other words to describe this great company to work for the most valuable word would be TRUTH~

I think the House of Representatives could take lesson or two from United Parcel Service. Most and last is the word GOD. United Parcel Service instills the TRUTH in each and every employee. Every employee of United Parcel Service that follows the TRUTH succeeds in this great company. This company pays for a student's college tuition and books. Plus they are offered great healthcare benefits. GO UPS! GO EACH AND EVERY PERSON WHO WORKS AT THIS GREAT COMPANY...

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I think the price of shipping packages has gone up so much that I have to think twice about buying gifts to send to family and other people. Of course, the mail office you go to has different experiences, some are not so crowded and service is quite fast. Other offices are loaded with customers and there is a waiting line. I have moved into a new apt. in Vegas and I'm finding that I am getting a lot of old mail addressed to former tenants and even if I take the letters to the post office and ask for them to be cancelled because I am the only one in the designated apt, the post office has sent them back to me. Crazy! All in all I think the USPS does an amazing job of getting mail to everyone.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Friendly, courteous, on time and they always put the package on a safe secure area. Never open to the elements. I truly like the onetime concerns. You can tell they are well trained. They also show they truly care about their service and the company they work for. Let me add that their vehicles are always neat and clean. Never dirty. Why does this make a difference? It is a direct reflection of a commitment to quality service to its suppliers and the community they serve. It gives us— the customers— a vision of quality and commitment in a service area that we all expect from Amazon. You definitely are the best in all areas. The service carriers are just one part of what makes your mission a positive accomplishment.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I don't ship often but when I do I'll ship via USPS. The post office nearest me is run better than most. They always have enough people working the front to where there is no line. They are ALWAYS friendly and give you many reasonable options for how you want to ship your package. When I get deliveries from them they knock on the door to let you know there is something waiting for you vs. FedEx who just dumps it on your porch and leaves. I've never shipped or received anything that was broken in transit and the boxes are in good condition when they arrive. I have several letter carriers and they are all very polite and helpful.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I had the most awesome experience with USPS and this is why... I ordered something on eBay and in my haste to order I gave them the wrong shipping address to my office (I was off by one number). When I tried to contact the seller prior to the shipment, they didn't reply in a timely manner. I tried to intercept the package with USPS, but they were having technical difficulties so I called them. Yeah I waited a good 40 minutes to get someone on the phone and they told me I couldn't intercept the package only the shipper could and it would cost $14.00, so I kept pursuing a remedy.

Somewhere along my pursuit I was told to go to the distribution center once I know the package got there (I was getting text updates on my phone). When I got to what I thought was the distribution center, I was told the distribution center is off limits to the public and I was at a Post Office. There a woman gave me a consumer affairs number to call which was local. That person said it was possible that he could let staff know once the package got to my local post office to hold it for me for pickup because it would automatically go back to the sender when they see that the wrong address wasn't even a deliverable address. The representative gave me a confirmation number.

The next day I got a call from my local post office saying they haven't found my package, but they are aware of the situation and will let my carrier know. The next day I got another call that they found my package and my carrier will deliver it to me on Saturday, which was today. Luckily my husband was working at the office so he was able to accept it and I didn't have to wait until Tuesday (after Columbus Day). Honestly, you would have thought I was a V.I.P. with connections or had some really important item needing to get to me. They were so amazingly courteous, caring and professional over a simple package. Way to go USPS and the staff at the Miami Consumer Affairs Office as well as my North Miami Post office. T H R I L L E D.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: May 13, 2020

518 W. 181st Street, New York, NY. 10033. Post Office. The way this place is run by **, the manager, is abhorable as she always has a despicable disposition speaking to customers with utter disrespect. You would never get the fact that customers pay her salary. So the attitude and disposition of this post office is a top-down problem. There are a few people at this Post Office that are helpful and delightful to interact with; the only problem is that they are too few and far between.

I have a box at this station and when setting up my account I was told that I couldn't get one of the higher boxes due to the laziness of the attendant. She set up P.O. Box with this misinformation. I have a bad back so it is absurd to think of bending over to the floor to get notices and packages daily. Later, I talked to Peter and he was able to resolve this issue for me. The only problem is that this defeats customer service as I had to make (2) trips to take of something that could have been resolved the first time. This inefficiency kind of sums up the experience of professionalism at this branch making it a crap shoot of whether you will be dealt with on a professional level.

People are saying that you always receive packages from Amazon. This simply isn't true. Recently had a package left in the self-service customer area of the lobby. There is no one in the lobby to assist that people and deliveries go to the right place. So packages get placed anywhere. This is so frustrating as people are ordering more to quarantine properly and to receive necessities for life. Before this my packages from Blick and Saks were left outside the managers door, out of the view of attendants, where anyone could just grab. Luckily, I saw them and was able to tell someone that they were mine but the person did not even ask for identification before releasing.

The number of people this branch has to serve is a lot; which is why it is **'s job to set her employees up for success with a positive work environment and structured systems that streamline service. None of this takes place at this branch. It has come to be where I am surprised when I am dealt with professionally and I even avoid certain attendants as I have identified that they have years with the P.O. and just waiting for retirement no way placing themselves in a position to serve the public courteously.

As stated above, not everyone here has a bad disposition but there are too many that do. It seems to come from ** as her level of involvement is never to let the public see her as the face of the branch content with staying in her back office. She would be better served coming from the back demonstrating a positive tone as a leader so that her employees could see her lead by example. The is true management, not the do as I say attitude she exemplifies that in turn has attendants dealing with customers in the same manner.

I hope this has truly provided some insight into how to change the service for the better as I don't want to ever feel bad about a service that I am paying for. Also, I am understanding that COVID-19 and quarantine has created a difficult situation for all but that makes it even more important to treat people with kindness and compassion. This place needs to be audited for service practices so that the community can be served with the dignity and respect they deserve. Thank you in advance. I write this hoping that somehow things will improve.

Original review: May 10, 2020

I was expecting a package on May 8th in Longwood Fl. The package was in my Local post office on the 7th getting ready for delivery. The 8th the package didn’t arrive and went to Miami. So why the package been already in Longwood went to Miami and is coming back who knows when. Make no sense to me. Very disappointed.

Original review: April 30, 2020

Tried to express ship a package of car parts to my home, only to have it bounce around in New York state through multiple USPS facilities, just to ship the day it was supposed to arrive a week later. So not only am I waiting for parts for an extra week, I am now behind on work waiting for these parts. Thanks usps. Never again will I be shipping anything through usps, or even thinking about doing express shipping. Not sure why I cant get a return on the shipping when you overcharged me to begin with, seeing how my package wasnt treated as an express package like I paid for.

Original review: April 23, 2020

In 7 months 4 of 4 replacement credit cards lost. About 50% of all packages lost it showing up months late. Tracking numbers with no updates. Some tracking numbers show nothing but picked up and the packages get lost. All but one package was lost in or around the Detroit sorting facility. The remaining was was “return to sender” at delivery point. That’s here! It was originally a Michigan to Michigan delivery. A month now of the tracking g showing it made it here but wasn’t delivered, it’s now been over most of the eastern half of the US and still traveling with no end in sight. Try calling the post office and it’s impossible to get any help on the phone. Try contacting them via the web and it’s even more impossible.

Pages of questions that have no answers and they even want to know what’s in the package. Like that’s any of their business. I can’t believe the government can even ask that without a real valid reason. Finding the tracking number is not a valid reason. Use a different shipper if you actually want packages to get where they are supposed to go in a reasonable timeframe.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Am so tired of having to use other family members' addresses to receive mail items that cannot/WILL NOT be delivered via USPS to my "free/required" post office box. To make matters worse, said items will also not be delivered using any other mail service which only delivers to the local post office. No surprise that the rationale behind this problem is some outdated agreement made in 1999 requiring those individuals living 1/4 mile from the dilapidated "old town"/rural Colorado post office to receive "free" post office boxes. And, even worse, to get this changed or receive mail boxes like the rest of the town has required some kind of signed petition submitted to the local post office. (So much for social distancing requirements!) Think this town and (which is far from rural now) and all mail services need to wake up to the current century and offer mail and delivery services we need NOW.

USPS author review by ConsumerAffairs

The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the official and original postal service for the United States. Ever since Benjamin Franklin was appointed as the first postmaster general in 1775, USPS has been delivering mail to people across the country. Today, USPS has expanded its services to also include international shipping, package shipping and priority mail.

• Easy to use: Anyone can send mail through USPS by using their home mailbox or dropping their mail off at any post office in the United States. Consumers and businesses can also arrange for package pickup online, making it easy to mail packages without leaving home.

• Mail options: USPS offers several mailing options so consumers can find a shipping timeframe and cost that meets their needs. Priority Express fees start at $22.95, and shipping runs seven days a week, so packages will be delivered on weekends. First class mail is available to send items weighing up to 13 ounces. Stamps cost only 47 cents, and your parcel will be delivered within one to three business days.

• Precious Cargo Box: Consumers who are sending fragile items can purchase a Priority Mail Precious Cargo Box. These boxes ship for a flat rate and include $50 worth of insurance. They include polyethylene foam dots or inserts that prevent items from moving during transport. Precious Cargo Boxes are available in three sizes.

• Shipping insurance: Consumers and businesses can purchase insurance to cover the cost of their package up to $5,000 for standard mail in the event of damage or destruction. Most priority mail shipments automatically come with $100 worth of insurance, and more can be added on for an upcharge.

• Military and diplomatic mail: Send packages to your loved one who is in the military for the price of domestic shipping, even if they are overseas. Save an additional two dollars when you use a large flat rate box. You can print off a label complete with custom forms right from your home printer and arrange for home pickup to simplify the process of sending a package to the military overseas.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team