3.75/5
Based on 5,566 ratings submitted in the last year

4778 United Parcel Service - UPS Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 5, 2019

UPS left me a notice that they attempted a delivery, but I was not home, so it would be at the access point around the corner. I went there and they told me the package wasn't there. I contacted customer service and they told me the package would be delivered to the access point, the following day. I asked that they just deliver it to my address the next day, and signed for it to be left at my residence on their online system.

The next day I get a notice the package was delivered to the access point. I called to confirm this and they said the package hadn't been delivered at all. I asked why it was showing as delivered and they said it was a mistake. I asked them to just deliver it to the access point since delivering it to my address was not possible. They said that only I could change it in the system, but because it's marked at delivered there's nothing I can do. They forwarded me to tech support, but they couldn't help either. I am beyond disgusted with UPS at this point. It's taking me 3 days to get a package that was an overnight shipment.

Original review: June 5, 2019

My son ordered some tires from a company on Amazon who, unfortunately, uses UPS for delivery. They required a signature for the tires, but could not provide a specific day or time frame when they would be there for delivery. My son has a job, so he missed the UPS driver. They did not allow for the package to be left with a signature, and instead delivered it to a UPS Access Point location. Since my son is a truck driver and is rarely home, I called to insure that the tires were delivered, so I could pick them up for him. After getting the run around from the website (which told me they were not there), I got someone who barely spoke English who confirmed that the tires had been delivered to the access point location.

Between my son and myself, we made at least 4 trips to the Access Point Location (A Boost Mobile store, but it had a sign on the door stating the store was closed. We finally contacted another Boost Mobile store who told us that the Access Point Location was closed due to no air conditioning. My son called UPS, who said they would pick it up from the Access Location and deliver it to our house. 2 days later, no tires. My son called UPS again only to be told that there was no notation that they were supposed to redeliver and they were sending the tires back. UPS can go get the tires to return them, but can't redeliver them after telling my son that they were going to do that? Horrible, horrible customer service! I would drive a package myself before using this company!

Original review: June 5, 2019

We used UPS to ship our medical device and they literally threw the device off the truck and smashed the glass and lost two legs and refused to refund our costs. This is irresponsible and this company is severely unethical.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Like every other person in America I've used UPS multiple times when needing to ship something. Also have had many items shipped to me by UPS at the customer's request. Their estimated window of delivery time is always inaccurate. Starts by reporting one day. That day comes and goes no package. They report again there's been a delay or just a new delivery day. Then gives you a four hour window that is also never correct. Today I was told between 11 and 3:30. It's currently 4:30 and now says by end of the day. I won't hold my breath.

I've had multiple packages missing items. One example is two motorcycle tires I ordered. It was clear two were shipped by the package yet only one arrived. Not sure if the piss poor service is because I'm a residential customer or just bad luck. Needless to say moving forward I'll never chose them as an option to send or receive anything. I've received better more reliable and accurate shipping from the USPS. And that's just sad. Goodbye brown but you're dodo....

Original review: June 4, 2019

Customer service is ridiculous. I have a shipment coming from Amazon and I asked UPS to redirect it and they won't do it! Once my payment was late and they blocked my account and wanted by bank information and wait several days before clearing my account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: June 4, 2019

My wife and I get a lot of stuff from delivered from Amazon and other companies since we live in a Rural area. Our drivers in our area are always polite, friendly and extremely helpful. Kudos to Mark ** in Sinclair, Wyoming. Please keep up the great work!

Original review: June 4, 2019

Package was never out for delivery, but somehow they were unable to deliver, wrong address or something they said, contacted then straight away, confirmed the address. Said, "Yes that's the one we have." Said, "We cannot redeliver since courier already left the area...." So how they have wrong address, package was not even tried for delivery and they already left the area....

Original review: June 3, 2019

Apparently since I was not home on Friday 5/31, UPS delivered to an Access Point at 1:19 PM that same day, in which I received an email stating proof of delivery and initials of the manager there signing off on my package. I go to pick up the package 6/1 around 11AM and he informed me it wasn’t there. Why would it not be there when he signed off on receiving it and I get an email stating I have 7 days to pick it up. I call the store around 430PM to see if they have found it or received it and he informed me no. I filed an investigation this morning on 6/3 with UPS and let the sender know, they are in contact with UPS as well.

This is a $500 package, this should not have happened. I need my package, where did it randomly disappear to? Did someone walk in and take it off the table or did someone steal it, or is it damaged somewhere? Absolutely ridiculous. The investigation apparently takes 1-8 business days, hopefully they can figure it out or I’ll be needing to see some cameras.

Original review: June 2, 2019

Almost every UPS delivery I receive is damaged. The package is torn open and looks like it went through a war zone. I don’t have that problem with FedEx and USPS. Whenever I order a product in the future I’ll verify the shipping carrier and if it’s UPS it won’t be ordered.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Whatever happened to good customer service? My daughter is receiving necessary medications that she has shipped to my home since I telecommute for work and am therefore available for the necessary signature. The driver, however, refuses to ring the doorbell for delivery. If the intent of your services are only to deliver to your local office where recipients must go to pick up their packages, then you should make that clear as the service being paid for includes delivery TO THE DOOR! This is an unacceptable practice. My doorbell works as does knocking and I have 3 dogs that will alert me when you’re here so I can sign for the package. Leaving a note to make it look like you tried to deliver the package is just a lie. Please do your job.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I bought two shoes from the same company on the same day. I called UPS to change my delivery from my house to the ** facility. Package 1 fine, package 2 they couldn't change. Then to add insult to injury, I had someone babysit my house waiting for the package. Delivery time 8:30 to 3:30. At 2 pm they noticed me that the package is delayed because they sent it to the wrong location. What can I do to report these issue better because it seems that this company does what it wants to its customers.

Original review: May 30, 2019

UPS attempted to deliver my signature required package to somewhere other than my house. I had taken off for the day so I that I could sign and would not be able to take off again so that I could sign. When confronted concerning their mistake, they refused to do anything to remedy their mistake. If the company you are buying something with uses UPS, I would recommend trying to find the item through a company that uses Fedex or USPS.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Day 2...Package was sent still nothing. I was given a tracking number, but here I sit with no clue where my package is. This is not acceptable. I have seen so many concerns and posts regarding it could take up to 4-5 days for the label to be created. I'm sorry, I live in the 21st century....let's get on it UPS. This has been beyond frustrating. You would think that when they hand someone a tracking number the label (ability to track it) would also be created. For all I know Al-Qaeda has my package and is planning to use it in a propaganda video! Gah!

Original review: May 29, 2019

My delivery driver is absolutely the best. He just recently start delivering to our area as far as I know. He delivers after hours and delivers to the door. Absolutely fantastic. He is definitely not lazy and works very hard and very courteous. I really appreciate him.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I ordered a Peavey Windsor guitar amp a week ago, and arrived to me today. For those who do not know, Tube amps come in multiple components. One such component is the transformer, which converts the wall power into power the amp can use. These transformers are big and bulky, and usually make up most of the weight of the amp. Somewhere along the line, they managed to SNAP OFF THE TRANSFORMER'S HOUSING. No, they didn't snap the screws that held the housing in place, they snapped the transformer housing, so it was hanging loose, inside the amp, from its wires.

Such a repair, considering the part and labor, would cost me more than the actual amp itself, which was 250. ON TOP OF THAT, the Peavey Windsor is a discontinued amp, so it isn't like the part can be easily found, and if I wanted a new one, I'd have to pay MORE MONEY for an amp that would more than likely suffer the same fate at the hands of UPS's drivers. So, thanks UPS, you did a wonderful job at converting a $250 dollar, 100 watt, discontinued guitar amp, into the world's most needlessly large paperweight.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I paid for package protection to the delivery address in a foreign country. I also paid insurance for the value of the package as it was not cheap to purchase the items I was sending. Not only did UPS fail to deliver my package, they are now holding it in another country and attempting to extort me for money in order to ship it back to my address after making excuses as to why it cannot be delivered to the address that they charged me nearly 300 dollars to send. I am out 500 dollars so far, and they are trying to extort me for more. Use another mail service if you need to ship to foreign countries.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I'm currently online with UPS. While there is 'no information' it is clear that I'm being lied to. We chose an expensive service because it is my passport. I'm flying tomorrow out of the country. UPS promised to have it to me today. The tracking information still says it should be here 5 hours ago but it seems my package never left Pennsylvania. Not that the operator actually knows this. Sure. If I don't have my passport I can't fly and lose thousands. And UPS responds cavalierly by giving no real answers and some script about how they get that this is a problem and yadayada.

UPS has been lying about the arrival of the package since yesterday as it would have had to be updated if it wasn't picked up and would not be here today. That's a fact. It still states it is arriving. I was just transferred and the supervisor acted again as if no information is available. Why the lies? My computer screen still says it is arriving today at noon! UPS will be refunding my flight costs. I will keep posting reviews until I'm able to speak to someone that doesn't keep telling me the same lie.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Before I begin I was trying to give no stars, but the lowest you can give is one star. My recommendation DO NOT USE UPS-- poor service, unaccountable, irresponsible and poor customer service. I will give only two examples: I mailed a box from a New York City Store on the Upper West Side, a box of Christmas gifts to my granddaughters in Atlanta. As I kept tracking it, it didn't arrive. I called customer service and was told it was out for delivery (this showed on the tracking for 5-6 days). When the package finally arrived days before Christmas the box was soaking wet, had been opened, gifts removed, other gifts put back damaged and the box re-taped and left on my son's doorstep without an explanation.

I called UPS and was told they are sorry, but not their problem, first warning bell, then I was told they are not responsible since they have no notation that anything happened to the box. So I sent pictures of the wet box and damaged products and filed a claim. But alas the claim is not handled by UPS corporate, but the NYC store which is independently owned and not supported by UPS corporate. Well it is May 24 and I'm still waiting for a refund. Not really :( I don't think I'm getting any refund and I don't have time to keep tracking this down.

Another son who lives in Atlanta went into a UPS store yesterday and mailed a document to me to be delivered overnight by 10:30 am today and no delivery. I dutifully tracked the package which said ALL DAY, long past the 1030 promised delivery, that it would be delivered. After a 45 minute call at 8:30 pm with UPS corporate who denied any responsibility, of course I was told they were sorry, but they couldn't help me.

The customer service center was closed until Tuesday and so my package would not be delivered until Tuesday. So a package with documents needed by today will now sit in a UPS service center until Tuesday because of failure on the part of the UPS delivery person. Although, I did receive another UPS package today so why not all my packages. Same old story, my son will have to file a claim to get back his money. I wonder if he will ever see that refund. Lastly, I was told you'll have it Tuesday. We will see. In summary, use the United States Postal Service.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Where to begin. I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida zip code 33304. Since April 11th I started receiving weekly packages every Friday from a home meal kit service. Every Friday since April 11th I have been dealing with an incompetent driver(s). The instructions clearly state to leave box in front of my door. The box has been left outside the complex, under the mailboxes, and on top of the mailboxes. After multiple complaints I was told to create a UPS My Choice account and to provide the same instructions on the box to the driver. This Friday the box was again not left at my door.

Calling the UPS Customer service is a joke. I spoke with a manager named Xar ** Who I could barely understand. She informed me that the local office mgr would contact me in an hour. 2 hours go by, I call and they said he tried contacting me twice which was a lie. No one tried contacting me and he is supposed to call me tomorrow by 10 am. This company is a joke and I can't believe they have been around since 1907 and treat customers so poorly.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I am so flippin' sick of trying to wade through UPS's awful robot call center... time and time again. Just getting to a CSR is ridiculous. They repeatedly fail to deliver packages. I live in a secluded, rural area - no one is stealing them, unless it's a daytime possum. I receive a "delivered" notification, but as always, nothing is there. Then I get to go through their lengthy "investigation" period, in which I always have to have a new package sent out. Thus, what was supposed to be 2-day delivery? Yeah, more like two weeks. C'mon UPS get it together. Carrier pigeon would be more practical. If I could request USPS, I would every time. F-

Original review: May 24, 2019

UPS fails after multiple uses. There is virtually no American customer service, if you get one it is after 30 min. of recorded prompts. They simply do not care about customers. I highly recommend you use FedEx.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Another delivery service left a 65lb package at my door 2 hrs earlier than scheduled. A UPS man across the street came to this senior citizen's help lifting it for me. I will only use UPS from now on. Wonderful young man!

Original review: May 23, 2019

UPS drivers have always been very courteous, until I had a delivery delivered to the wrong address. I called UPS and to my knowledge it has never been found. Since then, instead of bringing my deliveries to my door, it is literally thrown in my carport. The other day it was a very big box I had to wrestle into my house. I feel they can do better. I did not lose the shipment, UPS did, so why am I paying the price for that.

Original review: May 22, 2019

So I'm looking outside my window expecting a delivery and this UPS man comes and puts this 150 pound box on the bottom of my stairs. Meanwhile they're supposed to put it in front of my door and he left it there and was yelling at someone outside and his dumb self didn't even ring my doorbell or knock on the door to alert me he was here. If I hadn't been looking out the window I would've never known I got a package. And keep in mind I'm a 17 year old girl waiting for her father's package to come and I struggled to get that box up my stairs to my front door. The box even almost fell on me because an idiot UPS driver didn't do his job right. Absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: May 22, 2019

They do everything they can to get you to not call. Once they get you on the phone they transfer you all around. I asked for billing to get a refund. They transferred me to 3 different customer service reps before allowing me to talk to billing. They are unprofessional on the phone and our business will no longer work with them.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I moved from one state to another and thought of using UPS service for shipping 2 of my boxes, one of which weighed around 77 LB and another weight 33 LB. I went to the UPS store and bought the cardboard box from them and they charged me $25 for one single box! Afterwards I booked for a pick-up from my home using their website but somehow I wasn't sent a confirmation email. Then I created a new label to try once more. It worked, I got the confirmation email as well but I couldn't cancel the previous one! I had to call the customer service multiple times to get the previous pick up and shipping labels voided. Too much hassle!!

The the next day I forgot to print the label and my pick-up was scheduled for the day-after. So, I went to print the shipping label on the same day but the website didn't allow me to print the already created shipping labels after 24 hours of creating them. I called the customer service again and they didn't help. They asked me to create the labels again. :| After the pick was done they sent me extra handling charges for having sent a suitcase, but when my bag was received on the other side it was in very poor condition, torn and mishandled. My stuff inside the box was also broken and torn. I'm very very disappointed in them. Never use UPS for moving the stuff you really care about.

Original review: May 21, 2019

First I want to say that the drivers are the BEST, friendly, professional, and hard working. Customer service on the other hand, not so much. I had to spend close to 6 minutes going around and around on a loop with their automated phone system. When I finally got to a rep and answered her question, which she acknowledged, she said she couldn't hear me and hung up. The live chat line was not much better. My delivery driver is great. UPS customer service and their automated system gave me a headache. I hope their management sees this.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Very disappointed in UPS...I was expecting a package for my business that was going to be used for a wedding & they delivered it to the wrong house & one of UPS employees came to investigate the claim & found that it had in fact been delivered to wrong address but when the lady called me for the claim all they wanted to do is call my shipper and credit them for the shipping & did not even offer to reimburse me for my package or what expense I lost for my business....I will not be using UPS anymore FedEx will get my business from now on & I will let me customers know what kind of business ups runs!!!! A very disappointed soon to be ex customer.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I ordered a bridal set ring from JCPenney May 12th 2019. On my confirmation ordered from JCPenney it said my ring was supposed to be delivered on May 21-23. On May 14th I got an email from JCPenney saying my ordered had been shipped. Updated tracking information will be available within 24 hours on the carrier's website. I waited for the Email to track my item but no further email was sent to me so I couldn’t track my item. May 16th, I got home from work around 5:30 and checked my email. There was an email from JCPenney that my item had been delivered. I asked my daughter (who was home all day) where my package is at. She said she didn’t see a package and there was KNOCK or NO DOORBELL RANG.

I was in a panic mode so I called JCPenney. The rep said it showed the item had been shipped but on another system they had it showed it’s in transition and she’s not sure which system has the correct info. She told me to wait and call in a few days if it haven’t arrived. I waited till Friday and Saturday yet no package show up. I called on Sunday and a JCPenney rep said they will do an investigation because the note from the UPS said they KNOCKED/RANG DOORBELL and left it on the front doorstep. She gave me a case # and for me to call back in 2 weeks.

May 20th- I got homed from work around 5pm. Around 5:45 my husband took the trash outside and said, "There’s a package out here. I looked and it’s for my daughter and the delivery service is UPS.” I was homer he whole time and there was no KNOCK or DOORBELL RANG. I’m sure if this package was stolen they would’ve also wrote on their note they RANG THE DOORBELL and KNOCK. UPS, where is my ring?

Original review: May 20, 2019

I went to pick up 3 packages from my local UPS access point and never got my packages. This is the second time the store owner simply ignored me even when he wasn't doing anything else. Several days ago I went to pick up 2 packages and the store owner said it wasn't his job, then walked around the counter and stood at the front door of his store and ignored me. I waited 15 minutes and luckily his son showed up and took care of me in 30 seconds.

Today I went to pick up 3 packages and when I told him I had 2-3 packages to pick up, he told me "Good luck with that". Nobody else was in his store, he then started making himself something to eat and kept staring at me. He then took care of 5 customers that showed up 5-10 minutes after I was waiting for the guy to give me my stuff. I waited about 20 minutes, got fed up and left without my packages. I have bad knees and lower back and I can't stand for long periods of time, so waiting on ignorant people like him is not on my to do list. I love UPS itself but hate the access point guy I have to try and deal with.

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Information