2.02/5
Based on 1,032 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4508 United Parcel Service - UPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Always on-time with their deliveries. Their application in which they provide me to track any package in their system with my name on it, is great. They leave the package where it is not visible to porch pirates.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

They don’t care how your packages are treated. They lie about when they are deliver and document handing the package to someone. A lot of times you don’t even get your packages. I have had to deliver packages to addresses myself. They and most of the other companies are horrible and don’t care about their deliveries.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Great service, never had a problem with them. Once in a while a couple of neighbors had our package because left at wrong unit number. Otherwise they let us know if rescheduled or when delivery was changed or running late.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Expensive and slow delivery. Long lines at the post office. Packages arrive dented and sometimes the items inside are damaged. Packages take longer to arrive than stated. Packages are frequently left out in the rain unprotected.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I have never had trouble with the company. I started using them when I started school because I could my school books cheaper through Amazon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

UPS lost a huge box with a drum stool, a winter coat and 2 music stands. The delivery information was incorrect and it never arrived. The tracking process was nonexistent and the package has never been found and UPS could care less. Customer service is inept and not given the tools to help.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Amazon shipped pkg. to Park City UT. Tracking showed delivered on time, driver release, at 12:30 pm on Thurs. 1/3/19. Recipient did not see package until after 8 pm the next day. We assumed it was stolen!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We had a driver drop off a tv in the rain at my daughter's home. When he came to pick it back up he never scanned it in system. So company was not sure where the TV was. Driver said he forgot to scan the pickup for return. In my town we have a better experience with our driver. Same state could be a location area problem. UPS doesn’t ring or knock on door when dropping off. Their prices are way too high.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

UPS is extremely efficient until my packages have to go through the North Houston facility. That's where my packages stall and sometimes get lost. I'm waiting on a package right now and as soon as I saw it had arrived at the North Houston facility, I knew it would not arrive as expected and I was right because it's delayed two days now. Over the holidays, I had a package lost. It's ineffective all year, not just the busy season.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

They broke my last 6 shipments, drivers are rude and insensitive and can't follow directions on the box. If it states leave at front door and knock, follow directions. Don't take the box somewhere on the complex. I can't go hunt it down constantly.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Dependable most of the time, lost the packages few times over past years but such problems also happens to other carriers. Use their ground service 90% of the time, feels more reliable than postal service. Damage claim process needs to improve.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

The last package I sent via UPS was received only one day later; 4 months ago I sent a package to the same address via USPS, it took 5 days. I don't send a lot of packages, but I will definitely use UPS more often.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

My dilemma, and my frustration with UPS is beyond describable. Jan. 17th my package was meant for guaranteed delivery. I however received a notice slip saying my package would be available for pickup the next business day after 1 pm, at the UPS access point- Langley Stop N Shop. I went next business day, and the next following three days to confirm if my package arrived for me and was not. Finally Monday after work I came home to another notification slip saying my package had a final delivery attempt that was missed. I was confused and frustrated because my package was meant to be at the UPS access point for pickup.

So I called UPS that night, told them of this whole dilemma, and the customer service rep after speaking to her supervisor, set a delivery for me the next day Tuesday Jan. 22, after 6 pm. Tuesday Jan. 22nd I came home around 5:45 pm, and waited all night for my package. No one showed. I once again called UPS, even more frustrated and told the customer service rep of both dilemmas. She confirmed there would be a guaranteed delivery the Thursday Jan. 24th after 4 pm.

Today-Jan. 24th. it is past 7 pm, and my package has still not arrived. I once again called UPS, spoke to another agent who told me my package was on hold and will not be delivered today. She could not give me information on the next delivery date as well, and said someone will be in touch the next morning. Now I am outraged, from Jan. 17th-Jan. 24th I have still not received my package when the original guaranteed delivery date was Jan. 17th. UPS has not put me as priority despite my huge inconvenience.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Frequent problems with deliveries, they expect you to go pick up stuff instead and will try to tell you that they "attempted delivery but you weren't home, or the "business was closed", etc. When clearly that is not true.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

They couldn't find my address, even though they had my phone number. Tracking was impossible, the tracking so site was cumbersome and difficult to navigate particularly for someone who is mildly disabled.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Parcels were left outside gate where anyone could grab them! This was the second time this has happened. Very irresponsible. There is no driver option listed for driver to leave parcels inside gate.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

The driver left my package right in front of my front door and someone took it. He/She could have put it to side of the door. I understand that sometimes they have no choice but some times they do.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

They consistently refuse to leave parcels on our front porch. Several of our parcels have been ruined as a result. We have tried calling to complain, but they make that so difficult it is almost impossible.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I've always used UPS. Their cost is fair. Their delivery and tracking are excellent. They pull up on my street, blow their horn and put package by front door. I like the horn signal that they are at my house. It's a heads-up and my package doesn't sit out side unattended.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We live in a very rural area and it must be a nightmare to try and find addresses. Most of the drivers are very keen and studious and usually we get delivery on time even when we're not home. They have been known to leave packages over our fence and under my Jeep and around my dogs.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

The driver left our package at the wrong address. We called to complain. He told us to retrieve it ourselves. He never did get our package to us - ($200) package to be exact and UPS doesn't care, to this day it was never made right with us - worst driver ever.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Coat over 100 dollars to send three packages two weeks before Christmas and the gifts only cost the same. I didn't need it to be there fast since I had plenty of time but didn't want to wait at the post office. I was paying for convenience. The whole time in line this woman working complaining about how she hadn't had a bathroom break all day and nobody to help her to everyone.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I usually mail some of my clothes to my destinations when I travel. A little bit more expensive but they don't have a gorilla in the back who throws your boxes around and "accidentally breaks" your luggage and then some things are always "lost" forever. I've lost solid silver rodeo belt buckles and other expensive to replace items with the airport handling of checked baggage, that you pay for! UPS usually delivers my clothes and quality items in good shape and nary a loss. There was the one time a box of expensive things broke but all my things were still there. UPS drivers are always friendly even in horrible weather.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Recently ordered at part from a company in Hialeah, Fl. They shipped it via UPS. UPS sent it all the way up to Orlando and turned it over to the USPS. The USPS shipped it back down to their distribution center on Opa-Lacka, FL for delivery to West Palm Beach. By the way, Hialeah, Fl is the next town over from Opa-Lacka, Fl.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Our regular driver will leave our packages on the porch if we are not home. I’ve seen others just dump the package anywhere. It is somewhat hard to deliver on very hot days in our city. We provide a cool bottle of water when necessary.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

After numerous attempts to resolve continuous issues with United Parcel Service regarding reimbursement and compensation for stoppage of deliveries, held deliveries, and loss expenses for incidental damages, the company has refused to negotiate or take accountability for their lack of service. There has been several phone calls, Better Business Bureau filings, and in-store attempts to address issues related to this inconvenience. Delivery interruptions occurred between 11/2018-1/2019, but was assured future issues would cease. However, the loss occurred and undue stress regarding these issues is NOT resolved to me, the paying customer. I will discourage any reputable company from conducting business with the offensive and unresponsible company.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

UPS driver knocked ONCE. When I got to the door, they were gone with my package, left a note saying it would be at the nearest UPS Store. Called customer service to get the package re-delivered, customer service rep was VERY unhelpful, kept putting me on hold. Without even saying, "Give me a sec," overall experience was extremely unprofessional and annoying.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Lost my parcel after leaving a notice saying no one home. I signed the waiver but he never came back. Claimed he came twice but no footprints to confirm that (snowed every day). (Hope he enjoyed my wife's X-mas present.) Took me 12 hours of phone time to rectify (unsuccessfully) and in the end I had bank reverse the payment as I had used my bank Visa. Those 12 hrs had me speaking to Mexico, Toronto and Malaysia with much frustration. They insisted that I remit a copy of my paid invoice but naturally that was in the shipment so compliment was not possible.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

UPS is always on time, on the day they said they were going to deliver. Sometimes my dog food that arrives in a box, would end up crushed on a corner. Yes it’s dog food, and the cans were okay. So no big deal.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We have local UPS shipping store & ship things out during year & Christmas presents & never had problem on my end or for recipient that I know of —works for me! Never had any problem I’m aware of & I can always track my packages with their tracking number so I personally never had a problem w/ UPS so I always use their service.

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Information