3.48/5
Based on 2,757 ratings submitted in the last year

4629 United Parcel Service - UPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 7, 2019

Signed up for My Choice after a UPS package was shipped with SurePost option. The offer came from UPS in email. Wanted packages to be delivered to my home and not the Post office. I received email notifications from UPS saying my packages would be delivered the next afternoon to my home. The next morning I received an update that my Sure Post has been changed to deliver to the post office. I contacted UPS and they told me that who or where in UPS had or why my delivery was changed. So I wasted the time and effort using My Choice. Even though the charge is $3.50 a package the post office told me that the UPS will still divert packages to the post office instead of the requested home delivery. They don’t care about customer service whatsoever, it’s all about the economics. I’ll never use the UPS SurePost again.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I shipped some machined hardware per UPS specifications. Our client received the hardware and rejected it due to damage in shipping. We filed a claim with UPS, Claims Processing Center. We were told payment of the claim was approved twice. Now they say they will only pay 20 percent of the claim because the "UPS" driver did not sign for the package when they picked it up. They also said they can't identify the driver even though the package was scanned in when it was picked up. Again the package was delivered to our customer. We had to expedite the remake of the parts and most likely have lost business with this failure. The 20 percent payment on the claim is an insult. We will do everything in our power to not use UPS again. I hope others that read this will do the same. Caveat emptor.

Original review: March 6, 2019

My complaint is with the package delivery service that delivers almost 100% of all packages when a product is purchased: The UPS/United Parcel Service package delivery drivers are the culprits! I get quite a lot of UPS packages delivered, sometimes twice a week. They always THROW the packages they deliver either down on the floor near the door or up against a wall or up against the opposite side of the hallway across on the other side of the customer's door, instead of knocking on the door and allowing the customer to receive the package before they RUN AWAY!!!

The next best thing is to just place the package in front or to the side of the door, just placing the package down in front of the customer's door, knock and then leave. The driver who delivered a package to me at 2:57 PM today, Wednesday, March 6, 2019 threw the package so hard up against my door until if I had not been expecting the package because of knowing it was to be delivered today, it would've frightened me almost half to death! The package hit my door so hard if I hadn't known better, I may have erroneously thought someone was trying to break into my apartment. As usual, by the time I got to the door, the driver, as usual, had fled the scene, running for the elevator.

I have seen them do the same to other tenants in my building sometimes, when I happen to either be on the elevator or waiting for the elevator and one of those always-in-a-hurry UPS workers are delivering a package, I've actually seen them throwing the customer's package from inside the elevator or in other cases I've seen them as they get off the elevator and then throw the package towards the tenant's apartment door. This is absurd and is very bad business. It happens all the time and UPS should be ashamed to allow this to keep occurring. I know that they must rush and hurry because it is the manner of UPS to cause their drivers to hurry up all the time and I think the drivers are afraid to take the necessary time to make a professional delivery. SAD!

Original review: March 6, 2019

I can understand a package being delayed but I don't understand how some delivery drivers actually claim they delivered an item but didn't. Why does the United Parcel Service keep letting their employees get away with it? Therefore the rating will always be low! I received a message saying my packages were delivered. I immediately ran out the door looking, to find nothing. It said my packages were left in the mailbox. The items I ordered are too big to fit in the mailbox. I'm just very upset because the delivery drivers are too lazy to actually do their jobs! Sincerely... A very disgusted customer!

Original review: March 5, 2019

I way over-paid to overnight a package for myself to pick up the following day. UPS failed to deliver the package and then, rather than attempting to reach me, they slow-motion shipped the package back across the country. This totally ruined my trip as the package had items that were critically important. UPS is worthless when it came to offering other options. There was no way to redirect the package - this took a long time for them to confirm as they kept flipping back and forth about this detail. In addition, I was told that I would receive a refund but upon returning the my original UPS shipping office, I was told that a refund would not be an option. In my extensive experience with various carriers, based on shipping thousands of packages of all sizes: UPS is by far the worst. They totally wasted my time in addition to providing horrible service and information.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: March 5, 2019

I ordered pants from US, I live in Finland. 3 weeks after ordering I wanted to check where the shipment is, and according to the UPS tracking page it was already being sent back to US, because it couldn't be delivered. The only issue I have with this, is that nobody even tried to deliver the package to me as far as I know, also I didn't receive any email or text message that the shipment had actually arrived and would be available for pickup somewhere. When I called UPS customer service, the answer was just that the package would have to be shipped again. For all I know it could have been just laying in some warehouse in the US all the time, and UPS could have been just billing the shipping fee for nothing. I really am surprised at how awful UPS is, fortunately DHL is much better.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I tried to make a change on my shipment that I created this morning. I have been given the runaround and transferred 5 times and still cannot get this taken care of because no one wants to help. I usually use FedEx, but wanted to try UPS this time. I will never use UPS again. Worst shipping company in history.

Original review: March 3, 2019

My mom paid for this awful service on 2/27. Today is 3/2. For 2 days now, package tracking has read "Out for delivery" and at the end of each day, it has been automatically rescheduled with no sort of notice to me whatsoever even after I signed up with UPS as the recipient to track it. I called customer service on 2 separate occasions where I was met by 2 different "customer service" reps who hardly spoke English and told me nothing more valuable than my delivery would be rescheduled. What a nightmare, because there are sensitive items in that package. For goodness sake, do not patronize UPS, you deserve better.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I have complained to UPS about the fact that the driver keeps just leaving my packages on neighbors' porches. The driver did not even knock on the door. They just left my packages on their porch. Luckily, I know my neighbors but this has happened more than 3 times. They know where my house is-they deliver large bulky items but not other things. They even stopped a neighbor at our mailboxes, asked her if she knew me and then handed over my package. This is ridiculous!!!

As I stated before, I have called UPS and, after their arduous process to talk to a real live person, I complained and was told I would get a call. Nope! Amazon uses UPS for Prime Deliveries and I am trying to change the shipping options to just use the postal service. UPS needs to take control of their drivers and make them stop just putting packages anywhere-around here all houses have house numbers because of 911 so there is no excuse. I am at my wits end with UPS!

Original review: March 1, 2019

They lost my package and their customer service is abysmal. No way to talk to a live person. No communication or response to email. Issue has been logged and is pending for over 2 weeks with no updates, or refunds. Package was initially delivered to wrong address.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I have been having issues with my driver. He leaves my packages on railing on my porch, throws my packages up on my porch. He doesn't pick up packages for him, only if he had label. Called, was told I b.c. would hear from someone and package would be picked up. It's still sitting and no phone call.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I ordered from a shipper and they use UPS for their deliveries on 2/27, I was told my package would be delivered on 2/28. While at work I tracked the package which showed delivered on 2/28 at 4:06, got home from work no package. Called the sender they couldn’t do anything until 3/1, call UPS and was told package showing delivered. After speaking with a supervisor at one of the UPS hub, she stated package was delivered to incorrect address by the driver and she provided me the address where package was delivered and I was told to go to that address to see if they had my package. As I thought no one answered the door.

I then advised the supervisor who said she would get the driver to go back to that address to pick up my package and to deliver to me the next day. Next day came. Still no package. Call back UPS customer service and was told call the shipper do they can start an investigation. Called the shipper who then said to contact UPS again and they will reshape my order again. I did all the calling. Neither the shipper or UPS tried to help retrieve my package. No help from either. I hope I receive my replacement package. I would never use the shipper or UPS again

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Avoid shipping anything via UPS, if you can. Twice this month they have delayed the delivery of expedited packages due to lazy, incompetent drivers and there’s no accountability. Management will offer a slew of excuses so don’t bother wasting your time escalating your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I placed an order. I missed the driver so he left a note. The next evening, I called CS for an update and where my stuff is. The auto machine told me that it was in another town, hardly able to make out the words. We have UPS in town so idk why it was sent to the next town. The machine proceeded to inform me that I agreed to pick it up at another location had I not been home which is untrue. I would have bought instore. Before I called to a few UPS in the area to which they were very unhelpful. Use USPS, run.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Just wanted to tell you UPS service sucks and just keeps getting worse. Last package I received was Signature required. Driver was too lazy to come to door so just dropped it at the Depot and I had to drive in to get it. Previous packages lost, left on doorstep with no knock or ring and on it goes. Why pay for a premium service when it isn't even as good as Canada post.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I work from home and am constantly sending and receiving courier packages. Every other courier service - Fedex, Purolator and Canada Post - deliver my packages to me without any problems. UPS is the only courier service company that I consistently have problems with. The delivery driver walks up to the front door, doesn't bother to buzz me and just leaves the notification on the front door. I then have to drive all the way to the UPS store to pick up my package. Completely defeats the point of paying for delivery. I am extremely dissatisfied and disappointed with this delivery company and I always urge others to use any other courier service than UPS when sending me packages.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Shipped a package with some family heirlooms using UPS. Packaged them with all of the approved material, and insured the package to give myself a sense of security that all of these steps along with marking the package “FRAGILE” in many places. Not only were the contents broken when they arrived, but I wait three days to sign for a package after they had issues delivering. Informed me that no one was home, but someone was home to sign. The second time, after calling, I was informed that the package appeared to be damaged, and they needed to take it back to their site to investigate. That is where they unpacked the package, inspected, and found that one of the parcels was broken. They re-boxed it and then put it on a truck. They once again attempted to deliver the package, after waiting all day at home, to have the driver post… “Undeliverable”. Called again, they had to have the driver return.

The package is now delivered, and the discovery of “What else?” could have been affected. A Legacy Tiffany lamp shade was another casualty. Now the process of the bureaucracy of filling out papers, taking pictures and attempting to get some satisfaction for the Broken-Insured items. The sending office was good at fielding the initial claim but informed me it was because it wasn't wrapped correctly. They told me insurance was only for misdirected mail. Will only use FedEx in the future, sadder and wiser. I have been wrapping and shipping packages for a National retailer for several years. Also, talking to vendors for estimates of replacement or repair, they all had the same input. I will not use UPS by choice anymore and hope that the comfort they enjoy as Big player is consumed by other more professional shippers.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

So UPS just decides to take my package to a access point. And I decide I'm going to pick it up there. It's only a few blocks away. Come to find out that I can't get my package cause it's "offline". How ridiculous does that sound when customer service tells me, "We can open it for you but its offline." How and why does that make sense to you. Please tell me. At first when it asked me for the info notice number, I gave it. The machine told me it didn't match. So I called UPS and they told me to come back 2 hours to see if it's online. Are kidding me!? Why would it be offline? That don't got the time to be go back and forth to a ridiculous access point. Great help UPS. This company always and forever will give me trouble. Never had at least a good experience with UPS. Worst shipping/delivery service ever!!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Ordered a computer part from the US (CA), shipped to BC, Canada. The item was $199.00 USD, and UPS wanted to charge $98.97 CAD to deliver! When I phoned UPS customer service and asked why, they said it is based on the value of the item. So I asked why it is 50% and the agent skirted around the question and tried to justify their charges and tried to tell me it was being collected for the Canadian government. She wouldn’t tell me the % rate they are charging. Also tried to say it was shipped COD by the seller, which it was not. Unbelievable. I will be rejecting the shipment unfortunately.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

They deliver boxes. That's it. Their drivers, however, are only interested in padding their delivery attempt statistics because two thirds of the time I am awaiting a UPS delivery - they make me wait around all day and NEVER actually knock on the door or make any effort to actually let me know they're at my door with my box. What they do is write in advance the "delivery notice" and simply walk up to the door, stick the pre-written delivery notice on the door and then drive away.

Then, when you go outside and see that all they've done is stick the deliver notice to the door and drive away so they can do that maybe 30 times in a hour or two. It pads their stats because delivering the box isn't enough. They must find their power somewhere and they do it like I just described. Then when you call to complain, you talk to somebody in the Philippines who is too far away to care, help, or anything and they just tell you whatever you want to hear to get you off the phone because they have stats to protect too. It's never about the actual customer with UPS. They're the absolute worst delivery company on the planet. Not even an exaggeration. They cause people so much stress and all they have to do is drop boxes off at addresses. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

The package that I sent got damaged. I had it insured and requested a claim. So, they informed me that they will do an inspection. Then after an hour, I got an email from UPS stating that the package is not correct for the item being shipped. How can that be? They didn't even come to check it out. This package was well packed and it was originally from the manufacturer. There were several reinforcing cardboard that was in the box. Now I could not get a claim even if it is insured. Just because I'm a lowly citizen, UPS does not care as long as they get your money. I hope everyone goes to FedEx.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

UPS to delivery in the pm per 3 emails confirming the delivery window and date. Last confirming email was at 9:13 am on the delivery day. Later that morning they changed the delivery time to the am of the delivery day. I am not home to sign for the item and they will not make another attempt to delivery for reasons that are still not clear. What is the purpose of their My Choice website if they are not coordinating with it. So now I have to be here on Monday to hopefully get the package. This is not the first issue I have had with them. They need to allow deliveries to their stores like FedEx does.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I swear it's like a guessing game with them. The tracker they provide says that they transferred my package over to Post Office, but the Post Office hasn't even touched the package according to them. So my question is: why is the tracker updated to say that the Post Office received it? And my other question is: where the heck is my package? It's been almost 2 weeks now since I was supposed to receive my package and I am nowhere closer to getting it. Case openings don't seem to do anything, nobody wants to take responsibility for it, and UPS is infamously a horrible parcel company. If I had any other option for my delivery, I would take a road trip across the U.S. to get the darn package myself as opposed to dealing with UPS again.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Had a snowmobile trip planned and I ordered some new gear that was shipped via UPS, I have been watching the tracking and they changed to delivery date to Monday, the night before it was supposed to arrive. Tracking shows the package is in my City, but they are holding it through the weekend so they can unload it in another city 17 miles away on Monday, I am leaving Saturday for my trip. Explained the situation to a rep and manager over the phone and they have no way to help or explanation. WORTHLESS COMPANY!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I ordered a box of the diapers my infant needs on February 12th with two-day delivery. We had some mostly-melted snow in Seattle at that point - schools were back in session - but there was a weather-related delivery exemption for the scheduled February 14th delivery, followed by another exemption on the 15th. Then, the next week, the package delivery estimate was updated to Tuesday, February 19th between 3:30-7:30 PM. There was an update that it was on the delivery truck in the morning and then, late that night, after no package had arrived, the delivery estimate was updated to Wednesday, February 20th from 3:30-7:30 PM. The same thing happened again: update that it's on the truck, followed by late-night delivery change to Thursday.

On Thursday, the same thing happened, but around 5:30 PM, they changed the estimate to Friday. I called customer service at this point and explained that these changes had consequences and that it was urgent that we get the non-irritating diapers that day. I was told they sent an urgent message to the Georgetown UPS facility and that a representative from that facility would call me back by 6:39 PM. Come 9 pm, I still hadn't received the promised call, and instead got a bizarre update that there had been a delivery attempt and that the package was undeliverable at that address.

I checked the address and there were no issues. So I called customer service again. They apologized profusely and said they wrote a message to the facility clarifying that the address is correct and requesting a call. They promised I would receive a call by 10:00 AM Friday morning to verify the address and when my package would be delivered on Friday. Of course, come 10:30 AM on Friday, I still haven't received a call. So, I once again called customer service and all they can do is send another message to the Georgetown service center. They also tried to claim that these issues were due to weather, which makes no sense as the roads have been entirely clear for a week now. Then, they claimed it had to do with volume, which does not at all explain the daily changes when the package is already on the truck or the bizarre misunderstanding of a very clear street address.

In the meantime, I've had two-day deliveries - and same-day deliveries! - from FedEx and USPS with no problems this week, including on the only two days when there was snow or ice on the ground (10 days ago now.) Oh, and when I asked to speak directly with the facility or with someone who could address these ongoing issues, I was told the only way to contact the delivery center is with "automated messages" from customer service and the only way to contact the corporate higher-ups would be through a letter. What is going on with UPS, Seattle UPS especially???

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I frequently order online items. Over the past 3 weeks I have received 6 packages. There is always someone at my home, so would it hurt your precious little finger to ring the bell. Luckily someone goes out to check the mail daily otherwise you would not know you had a package. Some packages have sat outside overnight (very late delivery I presume). One large box was left directly in front of the door so I had to fight to get my screen door open not to mention the box was open, all contents exposed. Maybe they’re the cheapest to use which is why companies use them so frequently, it definitely shows in their performance.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Regarding ZIPCODE: 84074. Lately, like 3 months or so, the UPS Driver(s) don't even bother anymore to drop off packages at the actual address as stated on the shipment. Instead, these lousy ** go straight to the UPS store some 10 miles further away from the original delivery address and dump their loads for the customer to come and pick their shipments up themselves!!! And NO NO NO UPS, these shipments did not require signatures!!! While waiting at home for my UPS delivery, I followed these trucks several times with their real time location tracker. The UPS drivers don't even bother to go off the main road for the actual delivery but keep driving as stated here above!!! Lousy, LOUSY service from UPS; I will NEVER recommend - or use their crap services ever again!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

If I can give a score of 0 I would. Unreliable and unprofessional. My package was kept in the same location for 10 days for no apparent reason or explanation provided to me. LOUSY, Inefficient, unprofessional, and unreliable.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I STRONGLY URGE EVERYONE TO NEVER EVER USE UnitedParcel Delivery (UPS). I placed an order and clearly stated my address but they have admittedly delivered it to a different house on my street! I called and they refuse to give me confirmation of their error and refuse to tell me the house it was delivered to. The only confirmation of their absolute negligence is a call I should be getting from a dispatcher in the morning. This dispatcher is then supposed to go back to the address where they wrongfully delivered the package and try to receive it and deliver it back to my address. I have never experienced such stupidity and poor customer service in a system that is trusted with delivery.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Driver does not know what delivery to FRONT DOOR means - I had a package sent to my sister who was ill. The lazy driver just left it by the garage which is a bit of walk from the front door. This is not the first time one of their drivers has done this. Training needed?

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Information