1.79/5
Based on 39 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 23, 2018

125 R L Carriers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 23, 2018

A third party hired R+L to pick an item up from our facility and ship it. R+L is now saying that because we allowed them to pick the shipment up, that we are somehow responsible from the shipping bill and are threatening to turn us over to collections. This is akin to me buying something from Walmart and then demanding that they pay my bus fare home. These guys are frauds. They prey on small businesses. Avoid them at all costs. Do not ship through them or let them pick up shipments from you.

R L Carriers response

Mike, in order to provide assistance please contact our corporate customer service office directly at 800-535-1984.

Original review: May 23, 2018

My company disagreed an additional charge of $25 for no justified reason. $25 is very small amount, should be easily taken care but it's not. Report to account manager Zane **, asked to file an overcharge claim. File an overcharge claim and receive a decline two months later. Call the overcharge claim department for a justified reason, no justified reason given me and send me back to account manager Zane ** telling me only the account manager has the authority to waive it.

Call Zane ** for right treatment more for $25 at the time I have wasted is worth more than $25. Guess what he didn't even apologize for me being kicked around. And I asked anything he would like to say, the answer was no. And guess what, a couple of days later I found my business account was closed down, means you can't ship anymore with R&L. Soooo shocked!!! Never ran into a sales or business like it. It's so disappointing and stupid for such a big company simply close down all the future profit possibilities for a small amount $25 with a company who has shipped with R&L over a year.

R L Carriers response

R+L Carriers is always interested in continuous improvement opportunities and would like to provide assistance in this matter. Please contact our corporate customer service line directly at 800-535-1984 and we’ll do our best to help. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 11, 2018

I received quote ** to move 558lb from zip code 11793 to 17356. Commercial service on both ends with no accessorial charges. I was invoiced 3.5X times what I was quoted because R L Carriers said they must have had an error in the quoting system. I politely requested that they change the bill to match the quote. After a few weeks of not hearing anything, I contacted R L to see what was going on. I received a threatening email from Jessica ** who is "Team Lead Credit & Collections Dept" advising me if I do not pay immediately they will submit to outside collections and contact my customer from the BOL to collect against them.

I tried to call to further discuss but they were incapable of entertaining this and reiterated that they will not honor their quotation. I requested that my accounts be closed and I highly suggest others consider using a carrier that stands behind their quotations. R L Carriers did not show an ounce of integrity with this transaction and my company will no longer do business with them for that reason alone. The family that owns this company should be very disappointed... Maybe R L management can look further into this one. I have provided adequate information to identify the shipment and have uploaded the freight bill to Consumer Affairs.

Updated on 05/25/2018: While publicly it may appear that R L has attempted to resolve this issue it should be known that I have complied with their public request for me to complete their online complaint form. R L Carriers has not made any attempt to email, call, nor even reply to private messages through Consumer Affairs. They also have made no attempt to reply to me through the Consumer Reviews messaging system. This company simply does not care enough about their customers. Please consider using a different shipping carrier.

Jason,

R+L Carriers prides itself in delivering the best Transportation Services and Customer Support in the industry. This is reflected in our “We Care” forum located on our website https://www2.rlcarriers.com/contact/rl-cares that enables open communication on concerns or to reflect on an experience with our company. This communication device is visible to the highest levels of management and demands response back within 24hrs with resolution. We look forward to hearing your comments there.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I purchased an engine and transmission from eBay and the seller sent it via R+L. I did some research on the carrier and found several negative reviews and began to grow worried. However, my fears were unfounded. The shipment made it from NJ to a terminal in MI in two days. I was notified of its arrival via text message and instructed to call to arrange delivery. I called and made an appointment for residential delivery, which was quick and painless. On the day of delivery, I received a text message from the driver prior to arrival, notifying me he'd be there in 20-30 minutes (it ended up being just under 30 minutes). When he arrived, he was very courteous and moved my shipment to the top of my driveway with a pallet jack (he would have put it in the garage, but I didn't have enough room to maneuver the pallet it was on). I'd highly recommend R L Carriers and will be looking for them as an option next time I need something big and heavy delivered.

Ted,

Thank you for your post and for using R+L Carriers for your freight shipping needs. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 30, 2018

Was called by this shipper and told that I had a delivery scheduled for Friday. Told them I was not available on Friday or Saturday and they told me they could deliver on Monday. Shipper still showed up on Friday with my order. When I called on Monday to determine the status of my delivery they said they had no delivery scheduled for that day. No call, nothing. Just came on the wrong day with no follow up. I wish the companies I buy from would quit using this carrier.

Michael,

R+L Carriers is always interested in continuous improvement opportunities. Please contact us directly on this matter at 800-535-1984 or email our Customer Service department at cservice@rlcarriers.com and we’ll do our best to help. You can also express concerns at our “We Care” forum located at https://www2.rlcarriers.com/contact/rl-cares . This communication device is visible to the highest levels of management within the organization and demands response within 24hrs with resolution.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about R+L Carriers?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 27, 2018

Be very careful of this outfit. They no showed for the first delivery attempt by coming at the wrong time. When they showed up for the second attempt the delivery charge mysteriously increased. Will not use them again.

Dan,

R+L Carriers is always interested in continuous improvement opportunities. Please contact us directly on this matter at 800-535-1984 or email our Customer Service department at cservice@rlcarriers.com and we’ll do our best to help. We’d be happy to take your call.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 24, 2018

We have been in business for 25 years with the same wiring hanging from our building, receiving frequent deliveries, until two weeks ago when a stupid driver from R L pulled them down while driving out. The wires in turn pulled the siding and gutters off the historic home and they in turn destroyed the fence around our trash cans. The resulting damage was $2700 to our building. We supplied all the necessary documentation, including a picture of the truck caught in the wires (whose driver was trying fervently to leave the scene of the idiotic accident, only he was entrapped in wire!) and they had the nerve to deny the claim, stating our wires were too low. Why did no other of the thousands of deliveries pull the wires down? The height has not changed? They just didn't want to pay. Plain and simple. Idiots and thieves.

R L Carriers response

Lisa, we have completed a thorough investigation of this matter and have addressed your concerns in our letter to you dated April 19. If you would like to discuss this matter further please call our Corporate Office at 800-543-5589 x 1401. We would certainly welcome your call.

Original review: April 15, 2018

R L Carriers was one of the LTL carriers that we had used to a regular basis. Their freight service is average. No better than rest of the industry. The customer service, and accounting is much worse. Now the saga of the bad shipment. The shipment on PRO ** was quoted for $139. As they were unable to make the pickup on Friday 9/8/17, we had the shipment of one pallet taken to their local terminal in Wallingford CT. The bill of lading stated that delivery was to be made on 9/13/17. This is because the consignee will charge hefty fees for delivery not made according to a rigid schedule. R L Carriers made the delivery one day early on 9/12/17. Thank you for the "great" service. We got charged a rather substantial penalty for this. They had made changes to the bill of lading and changed the name of the consignee. This caused substantial other problems in finding the freight at the receiving facility.

The freight bill for $139 was paid the next day after the delivery by a debit of our bank account. After the freight was delivered and the freight bill paid, RL Carrier repriced the original $139 shipment to $1,882.87. They then debited our bank account for the additional amount. This amount was so far out of the range of the regular freight bills that the account was overdrawn. Our bank paid RL Carriers and just charged us the overdraft fees.

In making inquiries as to what happened I have been completely stonewalled by RL Carriers. I have phoned and spoken to a few people there. Customer Service, Customer Care, Inside Sales, Outside Sales, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Rates. I have email in following up as to why this was done. Every person I had contacted was unable to tell me how this happened. All I got was the "I will look into this for you" response. No one has gotten back to me. I have asked for the refund of the additional $1,743.52 charges taken from our bank account. This had been denied by them. I have asked for the $1,743.52 to be credited to our account to be applied to other freight bills. I was told, "We will look into this for you."

Why such substantial change to the bill of lading were applied without our knowledge or consent is the answer I need. They had no authorization to make such a substantial change to the shipment that the charges increased 13 times. Had we been told and asked for authorization to make such a change, it would had been denied. Other arrangement for the freight would have been made.

They have not applied the overpayment to pay the outstanding bills we do have. I have not paid them any additional cash until this overpayment is resolved. Now R L Carriers is proceeding with sue for 10 times the amount of the invoices that they refuse to apply the money that they already have. Thank you RL Carriers, You have our $1,743.52 and now you want an additional $20,000.00. When asked recently by the RL Carriers salespeople, why are you not shipping with us. What can I say. The current action by RL Carrier will bankrupt the company. There will be nothing to ship.

R L Carriers response

R+L Carriers is always interested in continuous improvement opportunities. Please contact us directly on this matter at 800-535-1984 and we’ll do our best to help. Thank you.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I recently bought an engine for my Caddy, shipping weight just under 500 lbs, the shipper picked the freight carrier, I checked R L Carriers reviews and kind of expected the worst based upon the current reviews. My experience was just the opposite from what was posted, they were prompt and right on top of things. They emailed me with the general delivery info and followed up with a phone call, narrowing the delivery window to 6 hours and requested that I call them for a more exact time the morning of the delivery date. I did as requested and was given a 2 hour window which was accurate. The contract was for curbside delivery by tractor trailer/lift gate. The driver offered to back it up my driveway and drop it there out of the way. Great experience by all involved.

I'm guessing most reviews are left by those who have not had such a great experience and are angry enough to take the time to complain. Most of us take the good for granted and don't bother to give thanks for good service. Thanks Guys, this is actually my second delivery by R L Carriers, the first was a heavy massage chair and the delivery went just as nice. Don't be shy to use these guys, reviews are subjective to many things.

R L Carriers response

Thank you Rick, we appreciate your comments.

Original review: March 23, 2018

R L Carriers is the most unreliable, dishonest and rude delivery company I have ever had to deal with. They rescheduled my delivery 4 time and never called me. I had to call them when the delivery did not happen to find out they rescheduled. They were rude on the phone every time and could care less about me or my delivery. R L stands for REAL LOUSY.

Matthew,

R+L Carriers takes great pride in the fact we listen to our valued customers to ensure our quality initiatives are met. We sincerely apologize for your recent experience and invite you to provide more detail on our RL Cares forum, specifically designed to bring issues to our leadership teams for immediate review. Visit us at www2.rlcarriers.com/contact/rl-cares to contact us.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I had read many bad reviews about R & L Carriers... but my experience was first-class. These people delivered my item (aircraft part) exactly one day after being picked up from about 300 miles away. The tracking information was spot on... and the driver even assisted with the transfer of my item. I did have a good experience and was very thankful for their service and very fair price.

R L Carriers response

Thank you Don, we appreciate your comments.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Never showed and cost me time and money. I was called to schedule and to receive a shipment between 11am-3pm on a Saturday. I called to confirm at 9am and was told, "You are the first delivery, they should be there before noon." Multiple phone calls later after 3pm and different answers each time. Can't contact the driver, it is still in the warehouse, delivery was refused, (not by me). The last suggestion was to call back on Monday. Now 7pm and nothing. For some strange reason they have 2 tracking numbers and could not tell me why, as they were supposed to arrive on the same date. I am contacting the company I made the purchase from to let them know how horrible this shipper is.

R L Carriers response

We hope you were able to resolve this with the shipper. If not, please contact our corporate customer service at 800-535-1984.

Original review: March 16, 2018

We were quoted an amount to ship items from Canada to Hawaii. All of the information we supplied was accurate and I have extensive documentation proving so including weight and inspection tickets. After delivery, they billed us for an additional $9k+. When I questioned this, they had no real answer. They first said that the freight wasn't palletized and that was the reason for the increase. When I pointed out that I told them before it wasn't palletized they then said that I didn't give them the correct information. I sent them extensive documentation proving that I did give the correct information. They then said that they would reduce it to where I only had to pay an additional $4k+ because they quoted it wrong and I should have known from the beginning that they had quoted it wrong. None of what I just said is hearsay and I have extensive documentation to prove everything above.

R L Carriers response

Jonathan, we’re going to need additional information from you in order to offer assistance. Please contact us directly at 800-535-1984 with your pro number handy.

Original review: March 15, 2018

The dispatcher called me on Monday to schedule delivery for a shelving kit for my new van, I called back 2 minutes later and was on hold for 10 minutes so I hung up and called back, she answered the phone this time and said hello, I said, "Is this R&L trucking?" She said, "Yeah what do you want?" I knew right from that moment that I am going to have problems with this place, so we scheduled delivery for Wednesday between 11:00 and 4:00, So I take the day off work and I spend 2 hours in the morning to empty all tools from the van and get ready for the new shelving, I decided to call them around 2:00pm to check on delivery and the idiot on the phone tells me that it doesn't look like it has shipped out and we don't know where it is.

I said, "Why has no one called me to tell me this?" He said, "I don't know," he then tries to blame it on the shipper and says they didn't ship all the boxes which was total BS because the Bill Of Lading states that they picked up 9 boxes from the shipper, I told him this and he said well maybe the driver forgot to pick up all the boxes, he called me back ten minutes later and informed me that they have no idea where my stuff is, they are liars and the most incompetent shipping company I have ever had the bad luck to deal with. I contacted the retailer where I purchased the kit and they told me I had to file a lost claim and request a replacement order, which will take 48 hours to complete and it will take another week after that until it is shipped out again.

I told them that if they use R&L trucking again as the delivery company I will refuse any and all deliveries from this place, I will make sure in the future that I never order anything that will be delivered by this incompetent shipper, the sad thing is that his attitude on the phone was as if he is used to this and they don't care at all, I lost a full day wages and now I am heading back out to spend another 2 hours putting all my tools back in the van and will have to do it all over again, you have been warned, stay away for this place!

Robert,

Original review: March 13, 2018

Probably the most incompetent and ignorant people I have ever dealt with. The management have no clue what is going on and told me they were unaware of where my package was located. My delivery date got changed six separate times and I was told the reasoning behind it was that the computer generates the date. After locating my package finally, I was told they don’t know why the package ended up at that facility and they will let me know when it will ship out. Finally after getting nowhere with speaking to management, I drove two hours to go pick the package up myself. Avoid using this company or any vendor that uses this company for shipping! They do not care or understand that people count on and change their plans based on shipping and tracking information for important items that they need either personally or for a job.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I ordered a steel security safe weighing 700 lbs from a 3rd party. R&L Carriers was the shipper. They gave us a time window for delivery of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and they won't deliver to your door - only to curbside. Our curbside is 50 yards from the front door. So they would be leaving it in the middle of the street for us? We have had items delivered by them before and they are usually late if they even show up at all on the scheduled day. We decided to pick the item up 2 days after our expected delivery date at the Houston terminal. We arrived on the day we were scheduled to pick up the item and it wasn't even unloaded out of their truck yet. How could they deliver it 2 days prior I wonder if it wasn't even out of their truck? and I don't mean just sitting inside the truck-it was buried. Took the operator 20 minutes to unload other items to get ours out.

When he brought it down to us you could tell it had damage even before we took off the wrapping and packing. The pallet it was attached to was all smashed up and splintered, the box over it had big gashes in it, the plastic under the box was torn to shreds on the bottom. So we took pictures of the scratches and dents all over the FRONT of the safe - of course none of the damage could be to the back of the safe where no-one would see it. So we took pictures and the forklift operator took pictures and said he would report the damages to their front office. To back up a little - R&L makes you sign a release form before you enter their loading dock area. It states the items are received in good condition. This in itself is a scam but they won't let you into their loading dock area until you sign it. They don't tell you if there are damages to come back after you pick up your item or I suppose you are not supposed to take delivery? This was never mentioned.

Since their employee said he would report the damages and give the front office the pictures he took, we took his word for it. BIG MISTAKE! I filed a claim just a few days after getting the safe home. Now they are denying it saying I signed the paper saying it was received in good order. DO NOT USE R&L CARRIERS would be my advice to you. This is not the first time they have done this to us. 2 times we have received goods shipped to us using their services - both times the times were significantly damaged. I absolutely DO NOT recommend them and would not use them if I had a choice.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

So I recently ordered a pellet grill from an online retailer, and looked up the carrier once I was notified that it had shipped. After reading numerous reviews, I started to get really nervous about whether my new grill would arrive intact, or in pieces. I ended up getting a phone call that it was going to be delivered days sooner than expected, and just happened to be coming on the day that I would be at my wife's grandmothers funeral. My aunt was going to be watching our twins, and could not lug a grill from the curb to the garage by herself.

The window we got was from 9 AM to 1 PM that day, we waited until 1030 before we had to leave. On our way down there, I got a text from my aunt stating that the delivery guy was very nice, put the pellet in my garage, and that it was in pristine condition. So, my guess on why there are so many bad reviews, and not very many good ones, is that the happy people just move on with life without saying something nice about their experience. In my case, they far surpassed my expectations, and I would use them again.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

We ordered two 2 thousand pound pallets of salt. R & L's driver didn't feel confident enough to back into the parking lot by our door so dropped it a half a block away. Didn't have an electric pallet jack with him so me and my employee and the driver had to push/pull each pallet uphill to get it delivered. The second pallet broke while the drive was having an asthma attack so my employee and I had to unpack the pallet, load it into our delivery van to drive it the rest of the way and then unload it again. When we complained, they said too bad for us and still charged us the $235 for the delivery. Don't EVER use this company. They are awful!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

December 21 I spend $7000 USD on a new Sled Deck built in Edmonton Alberta. They ship it and the item leaves packaged and ready for cross border delivery in Dallas, Texas. I receive a call January 2 to confirm delivery to my home as I paid for drop service which is basically truck lift gate and deliver to my driveway flat concrete. January 5th is agreed upon 10am-2pm window and I take the day off and wait patiently ready for my weekend assembly project. January 5 at 4:00 pm I start calling and unable to contact anyone from R&L Carrier that could tell me where the delivery was without a delivery number (which I don't have it has not been delivered) but one lady felt sorry for me finally and looked me up in their computer system using my address and name, wow that was not an option on the first 4 people. She tracks down the driver and tells me he will not be delivering as there is an issue with the pallet (Flag #1).

We reschedule for the next Friday and once again I take the day off. Delivery for 8-12 time frame. Well 12:30 comes along another day off work and patiently waiting, I call and after several people Jesse at extension 1101 informs me the driver did not take the shipment that morning as the item is too large and heavy plus it is just pipes and stuff. (Flag #2) I ask them what they are going to do as I paid for delivery?? She informs me that it is my problem and fault they are unable to handle this item (inside voice wtf) so I ask why would they accept the item (from Canada) and haul it to Dallas if they are unable to actually deliver it as agreed upon? Dumb question. She reinforced that I failed to let them know (inside voice ** you say what).

She lets me know that I need to handle the offload, well I am less than impressed but the fact is we were never going to agree on this and I still wanted my $7000 shipment, so I tell them no problem the pallet is actually a stack of individual boxed aluminum items so the driver and I can unload by hand. Bring it on. She sets me up for Monday MLK day delivery, again a day off work but first thing delivery so I am golden, nope wrong. Inside voice is talking to the wall now!

I waited until 10 am and called extension 1101 and once again Jesse lets me know that she called me last Friday and told me that they are not delivering Monday unless I have help to unload (I already confirmed that when we scheduled the 3rd time wtf??) But it gets even worse. She thought she called me and after 15 minutes of heck, "No you did not." She said "ohhh I forgot we are busy." Therefore the driver was not bringing the shipment and they are not sure when they have time as they are hurt handed. I am lost can't even be mad I am working with a person that is struggling just to inhale oxygen and maintain life. So I call the original shipper and they start their work and within 2 hours are also at the point of this $7000 package is at R&L's warehouse and the $300 door delivery service already paid for is 50 miles down the road from me LOL, (Can't be mad any longer remember).

So let's face it. The I Can't Club has won and I get in my truck and drive 50 miles to their warehouse in South West Dallas, it is huge 100's of truck bays. I pull up to the security gate. Nice young lady (must be contract no way is she an R&L employee) directs me to the check in point and I meet Steve in the office, I sign in. They take copy of my driver's license, make me sign a release of liability being I am on the property. (Inside voice thinks this is so I don't hunt Jesse down and well you know oxygen is seriously being abused here).

They tell me to go to door #97 and wait they will bring out my shipment of pipes (flag, flag, flag) and I do. I wait, and wait and wait then suddenly here comes a forklift dragging a pile of lumber, boxes, shrink wrap and aluminum. The pallet is now 4 pallets as the original is broke in half and 2 more were added, the top aluminum ramp is now buried in the pile with actual material peeled off all down the side. Heck there is even paper tag on the shipment that says "refused shipment." I do agree but I wonder who and when was it received as I am in week 3+ now and first time get to see it. I refuse to load and go back to the office as I am concerned that R&L must have missing truck and driver as this had to have been in a major accident or maybe they lost the trailer at 90 mph somewhere!

I leave the warehouse, call the original shipper and ask for next steps as I don't even know where to begin to ask for parts missing, damaged etc. They are now trying to reship but I had to call R&L and let them know it is refused, yup extension 1101 again and now she gives me hell as she did not know I came there and I apparently failed to let her know, OMG! I now am waiting on the shipper as they have 2 options give me my money back or replace but if you replace you cannot resend it to R&L, they do not deliver to your driveway!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Call came in very early in the morning... Waking others in the house. Unnecessary. I called back, information wasn't known. I awaited a call, never came. I had to call to trace my item. EXTREME limitations on pick up times with no accommodations at all. "Customer service" claimed that I was being difficult. The "c.s." worker told me that their 1.3/5 star rating didn't matter, that I should have looked into their rating before using them. Swear words at me... Claimed she wasn't talking to me anymore and ended the conversation.

I was told that I was making things difficult, when the entire time, the worker was talking over me and didn't want to listen to any concerns. I was told that I wasn't who paid for the shipping ($200). I was most certainly billed for it... Continued to brag about how much business the company does... Reasons were claimed as safety for customers... Banking hours for what was bragged to be a 24 hour service. I would recommend any other company over them.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

After reading all the negative reviews here, I was terribly apprehensive about receiving delivery of my furniture panels through R&L. However, my delivery went without a hitch. The driver was friendly and courteous. The boxes were upright on the truck as specified on their labels. He was careful in handling them with the hand truck and delivered them into the garage despite having to go up a sloped driveway in the snow. The only slight damage was to one corner of one of the three boxes where there was a tear in the cardboard that didn’t penetrate to the panels. Perhaps I was lucky, but it’s also possible the people who had bad experiences were unlucky. I didn’t have any choice of delivery carrier as a customer which is typical on the customer side so I’m glad and grateful to the driver that all went well for me. I didn’t give 5 stars due to the small tear.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

This R L is the worse shipping company I know. The day I was suppose to have the delivery I call them to know the time of the day I was going to have my item (it was a crate with some additional pieces, all wrapped making a single part). (Portable Sawmill). They told me that the truck was half way. I waited hours for the truck. Finally I called again and was told that my delivery had to be done using a straight truck and they didn't have one available. They also proposed to meet me at a public parking lot to transfer the 1,000+ lbs crate to my vehicle.

After many differences I decided to make the two hours round trip a pick up the article myself. When I saw what they had for me I was shocked: original wooden pallet was gone, ripped corrugated, bent steel frame, etc. Instead of having one single item, I had five dispersed items. Nothing was missing but some damaged components, which were replaced by seller.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

This place is horrible. They lie to their customers. They called me to confirm a delivery, then called me when they were on their way, then called me to tell me that they forgot my item and it wasn't on the truck. They told me that they would go back, get it, then deliver by 8 pm. It's 8:35 now and they have no record of drivers being out. Unreal.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Delay after delay after delay. Who has 5 extra days to take off of work to wait between 10-2 for a couch. They shipped the sectional couch on two separate trucks. So frustrating. It's suppose to show up today. *Eye roll.*

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Very confusing and strange company, have my items in their position for few days and no one know what is going on. They give you 30 minutes notice that they making residential delivery. I can't make it because was at work and I had to reschedule delivery. I did reschedule and after I spend whole day waiting, no one call me to say that I have to call shipper to get authorization for pickup or redelivery. I can't recommend no one to deal with company like this.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Below is a picture of the shredded bookcase that R L Carriers delivered along with many other damaged items that were covered by Ship Smart (the company I hired). The R L driver took complete responsibility for the bookcase. He also took it away which didn't help me as I have to have it in my possession to file a claim. R L Policy is 10 cents for each pound. Therefore they would pay me $3.00 for shredding my bookcase. Unbelievable. Do NOT hire them!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I have worked a delivery truck and know how difficult some of us consumers can be. It is a very long story I won't go through again, Once was more than enough! I have read some other reviews of the driver refusing to take of the product without a lift charge because I did not have a ramp to deliver to. Then he said besides that it would be another $100 to deliver it to my front door which I did not ask or wanted him do. I bought from musician’s friend which is Guitar Center under a different name. I called M.F. and they were indifferent.

Bottom line the driver left as I would not pay. His story changed on who was charging the extra fees. He told me it was Guitar Center. All I wanted was to have my keyboard dropped off the truck but all he wanted to do was scam me. He came back after I called the company who was smart enough to know I was in the business and could not be given the business. They sent the driver back. In my opinion no company who cares about their customers should deal with them. Be careful if they call.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I had a 300lb freight item shipped to me from a manufacturer. R L called to set up delivery and asked if they could use a 48ft tractor trailer. I told them I'm located in a rural area and my access would only accommodate a "Straight truck (aka: bobtail truck). The delivery was then set up. The day of the delivery those ** at R L sent a 48ft tractor trailer. To make matters worse the driver wanted to drop the delivery at the street!!! Who are these idiots employed with... 3-stooges rip off and deliver service?? R L are a bunch of incompetent, lazy, rip off artists. A complaint to the AZ DOT and USS will be forthcoming for misrepresentation of delivery and fraud.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

On 8/9/17 R&L Carriers was delivering a shower door and while positioning the truck to unload backed into a tree in front of our neighbor's house, then proceeded to say it was the neighbor's fault because the limbs were too low. The tree has been there for more than 10 years without an incident until now. The driver never apologized and then was going to leave the limbs blocking the neighbor's driveway and in the street even when informed they were at the hospital and were disabled.

Next he informed us that if he used the lift gate on the truck it would be an additional $75 for the delivery. When I called and complained I was transferred multiple times and then sent a claims form to complete which includes me getting two estimates to remove the tree limbs and repair the tree before they would consider doing anything about it. Even though the driver had an empty truck he refused to dispose of the limbs. Worst customer service experience I have ever had.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We have had a delivery of a compressor for our busy shop canceled two days in a row and customer service in Reno/Sparks is the worst I have ever seen. The first lady said "Oh well you are ** out of luck, maybe next week sometime." I asked for a manager and got the same treatment. We planned a special installer to come in 3 days after the first scheduled delivery date and customer service at the Reno/Sparks hub said they could care less. Disappointed that poor customer service is the way things are done these days.

R+L Carriers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

R+L Carriers is a global shipping company with a focus on customer service. Their shipping services include rail service, air transport, ocean transport and truckload service.

• Weekend express service: R+L Carriers has an expedited service dedicated to shipping cargo between Friday and Sunday efficiently. Submit a form online to get a Weekend express quote.

• Guaranteed AM freight delivery: Many businesses can’t waste a whole day waiting around for a shipment. If you manufacturing or supply chain needs a delivery in the morning, opt for R+L Carrier’s guaranteed AM freight delivery option on your pickup request and BOL. This guarantees you will receive your shipment before noon or you’ll get your money back.

• My RLC: Sign up for an account with R+L Carriers to gain access to Document Retrieval. Here, you can access all available delivery receipts, bills of lading, weight certificates, invoices and NMFC classification. You will also receive access to helpful shipping tools, including transit time calculator, shipping maps and more.

• Trade show logistics: Use R+L Carriers for your next trade show to streamline the shipping process so you can focus on your business. R+L Carriers trade show experts will make sure your materials make it to and from the trade show on time and in tact. They offer white glove service and debris removal and are always prepared for the unexpected.

• Domestic and international shipping: R+L Carriers ships both domestically and internationally, making it a great option for businesses who frequently ship both abroad and within the United States.

• Best for: R+L Carriers is best for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs