2. Moving

R L Carriers

R L Carriers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.37/5

R L Carriers Reviews

Original review: March 29, 2020

I ordered a safe on this past Tuesday, which shipped on Wednesday. I was contacted by Linda at R&L on Thursday morning stating that they had the safe and they were ready to schedule delivery for Friday. It wasn't scheduled to be delivered until the following week! The delivery driver, Sydney was awesome. Very friendly and accommodating. He even offed to place the safe in the garage instead of leaving it curbside. I'm not sure about all of the bad reviews R&L receives but this was not my experience with the carrier. From beginning to end they were nothing but professional and customer-oriented.

R L Carriers response

Ray, thank you for your review here and for using R+L Carriers!

Original review: March 20, 2020

Purchased an outdoor patio set which was delivered by R & L Carriers. Scheduling was a breeze with this carrier, and the day of delivery, received first a confirmation TEXT early in the morning, then a phone call confirming would be arriving in 15 minutes. ON TIME. Even though listed as a "Curb Side Delivery", the delivery person was extremely polite and friendly and a great assistance. I was sure to also notify the company that I bought the patio set from, how happy I was with their choice of delivery companies.

R L Carriers response

Thank you for your kind words here and for using R+L Carriers. We appreciate your business!

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I've seen some of the poor reviews and I must admit I was nervous that my expensive outdoor grill was being shipped from R L Carriers. Let me just say that my experience was the opposite. I was impressed by the professional phone call setting up a delivery date and time. The truck driver called asking for more specifics. Arrived in the first hour of the five hour window. The driver was a pro moving the big box truck around in my narrow lane and driveway. Once unloaded, not even a single sign of any damage. As a matter of fact, the shrink wrap was in mint condition. Very impressed upon opening everything to not see a single scratch. Impressive for a 350 lb grill that came from the other side of United States by truck!! They did a great job!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I've seen so many bad reviews of R+L Carriers, just had to write because my experience was 5 Star and they deserve it. I placed an online order for a Garden Tractor on Wednesday, 8/7/2019.. It was shipped the same day.. I was given a tracking number and it was already picked up that evening by R+L. I was given a date of Monday, 8/12/2019 that it would reach the destination terminal. It did.

The next day Tuesday, 8/13/2019, a driver called and said he was on his way to deliver our Garden tractor... and he arrived about 90 minutes later... He was very very nice, professional and careful unloading our Garden tractor and dropping it off on our property just off our rural road. It was in Perfect Condition. Couldn't be happier with the Great Shipping/Delivery Service and Care that R+L Carriers gave to us. They deserve to be recognized for the Great Shipping/Delivery Service they provide. I thank you all for a great experience. Wish I could add a few more stars **********- yes. You guys are a 10!!!

R L Carriers response

Anne, thank you for the kind review here and thank you for using R+L Carriers.

Original review: May 31, 2019

My Wife has a tanning salon & this company delivers all our tanning beds. Have never had a scratch in 5 plus years. Will continue to use this service. Delivery service is excellent. I feel confident that pick up service would be equal.

Jon & Lori 5 Star Customer Service

R L Carriers response

Lori thank you for your comments here and thanks for using R+L Carriers!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about R+L Carriers?

Original review: April 25, 2020

DO NOT USE!!! Bought a pool heater from a company in California. They contract to R & L for shipment. Delivery man got off the truck and had me sign for “receipt of item” before even opening the back of the truck. Brought the heater attached to a pallet into my garage. Box had, what looked like, very minor damage but didn’t think anything of it. Delivery man was nice and asked if I wanted the pallet otherwise he’d take it. I told him I’d be happy if he took it with him and he responded “don’t tell anyone at my company I did this for you.” Delivery driver drove away and I opened the heater and found the top was dented right by where the box damage was.

I called the delivery driver's direct phone number (same number he called me with 10 minutes prior to delivery) and the driver said I had to call the freight company direct. Called and spoke with Hector who said if I signed the receipt then it’s “not their problem”. I wasn’t happy with this and spoke to the manager who said the same thing “it’s not their problem if I signed for it.” I explained how the driver had me sign before the back of the truck was even open and how he took the pallet (says right on receipt that they aren’t supposed to), and how the delivery driver drove off ASAP and the manager just laughed and said “it’s not my problem”. The rudest company I have ever dealt with and you can tell they’ve done this to people before.

The pool company is taking care of the damage for me even though it wasn’t even their fault. That is how customer service is supposed to happen... Pretty much the exact opposite of R & L. Carriers. I’ll be leaving bad reviews on every type of social media possible. DO NOT USE R & L CARRIERS! Dishonest crooked company!!! Next stop is BBB.

Original review: March 17, 2020

Run, Use anyone, Fed/Ex. YRC, AAA COOPER, R&L in Miami is the WORST. They honestly have NEVER delivered on time or close to on Time, Today was the 3rd out of 4 times I have used them or someone else has sent me freight using them and Everytime the Freight has been misplaced or over looked, It always goes great until it reaches the Miami terminal, Then It goes missing,!!! Lost and always same excuse, We are backed up, Now remember this is same company that moved it across the country through busier terminals without a problem, THEY DONT EVEN KNOW IT'S THERE HALF THE TIME!!!! 4 days later!!!!

R L Carriers response

Phillip, we never like to hear that a customer is frustrated with us and we take every comment seriously. We sincerely apologize for your recent experience. Since this forum does not allow us to provide you with customer service, we invite you to provide more detail, such as your pro (tracking) number on our RL Cares forum, specifically designed to bring issues to our leadership teams for immediate review. Visit us at https://rlc.com/contact/rl-cares

Resolution response: March 5, 2020

Company investigated and made it right. Great work. Review retracted, as they completely resolved my issue and made it right. They did it within 24 hours. Thank you!

Original review: March 4, 2020

My order number from them: **. They say their appointment is from 2 to 6pm. Then when I take a half day off to be at home from 2 to 6pm. They say I wasn't home and want to charge me $150 re-delivery fee. Then when I call the next day they say my delivery appointment was from 12- 4pm. Horrible horrible customer service. No wonder I buy from Amazon. This never happens! They are fraud! AVOID AVOID AVOID. Ikaika

Original review: March 3, 2020

I will never use R+L Carriers for any business I conduct. Your drivers are the most disrespectful people I have ever met. I can't explain the disgust I felt from my experience with your employees. It is sad that something as simple as a delivery has to turn into an experience where I felt downright insulted. It's like the guy hated me for some reason before he even exchanged a word with me or laid eyes on me. Screw this company. Never again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I received a call to set up a appointment for delivery. I took off work so I can be home for the delivery. I called to track the delivery and find out that my package was still in Ohio, I live in Philadelphia. I don’t understand why would the representative call me to set up a appointment for Wednesday and when Wednesday get here they tell me my package is still in Ohio.

R L Carriers response

Bobby, we apologize for your frustration and would like to help, but we need more details regarding your concerns such as a pro (tracking) number so we can research further. Additionally, our RL Cares forum is designed to bring issues to our leadership team for immediate review. Please visit us at https://rlc.com/contact/rl-cares with additional information for assistance.

R+L Carriers author review by ConsumerAffairs

R+L Carriers is a global shipping company with a focus on customer service. Their shipping services include rail service, air transport, ocean transport and truckload service.

• Weekend express service: R+L Carriers has an expedited service dedicated to shipping cargo between Friday and Sunday efficiently. Submit a form online to get a Weekend express quote.

• Guaranteed AM freight delivery: Many businesses can’t waste a whole day waiting around for a shipment. If you manufacturing or supply chain needs a delivery in the morning, opt for R+L Carrier’s guaranteed AM freight delivery option on your pickup request and BOL. This guarantees you will receive your shipment before noon or you’ll get your money back.

• My RLC: Sign up for an account with R+L Carriers to gain access to Document Retrieval. Here, you can access all available delivery receipts, bills of lading, weight certificates, invoices and NMFC classification. You will also receive access to helpful shipping tools, including transit time calculator, shipping maps and more.

• Trade show logistics: Use R+L Carriers for your next trade show to streamline the shipping process so you can focus on your business. R+L Carriers trade show experts will make sure your materials make it to and from the trade show on time and in tact. They offer white glove service and debris removal and are always prepared for the unexpected.

• Domestic and international shipping: R+L Carriers ships both domestically and internationally, making it a great option for businesses who frequently ship both abroad and within the United States.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team