R L Carriers

R L Carriers

2.3/5 (361 ratings)

About R L Carriers

R L Carriers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about R+L Carriers?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Appt was yesterday, wasted my afternoon waiting for them, NO SHOW, NO CALL, NO UPDATE on website. They couldn't even bother to call me for rescheduling. Do they care? Hope a slowdown wakes them up. Tired of overpaying for less services!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

BEWARE! Very poor customer service. DO NOT USE THIS CARRIER, driver very mean and no responsible for items they bring to your door. All customers before sign the paper to driver need to make sure the items is correct or not damaged inside from delivery persons. (R+L Carriers)!!!

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

I had placed an order for nearly 1000 lbs of gym equipment and was concerned with the shipping because other carriers have refused to drive down the paved road I live on because of tight turns. On the day of delivery I checked constantly to see if there would be an issue, and much to my surprise I was notified that the delivery had been completed successfully.

The delivery driver, Andrew **, went above and beyond to make this delivery as perfect as possible. Not only was he a highly skilled driver who did not refuse to complete the delivery over the tight turn as other drivers have in the past, but he also hand carried the individual items into the garage where they were protected and secure. I could not be more pleased with how this delivery went, thank you RL Carriers and Andrew **, as this entire process was incredibly stress free due to your professionalism and experience.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Driver came to deliver a big pallet left it outside and walked away, I followed him to the parking lot. Ask him to come back and bring the pallet inside, he never turned around to give me an explanation or talk to me. First time he came to this building and should've explain why he left it outside. Rude and awful service when I called customer service to report this incident. Don't hire them.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I Had a great experience with R L Carriers. The driver notified me when he was 30 minutes out and was very kind. And even though my delivery was a curbside delivery the driver was kind enough to bring it in to the garage for me before I even had a chance to ask him to. Which was extremely helpful as the package I had delivered weighed over 800lbs and was unable to move it myself.

R L Carriers response

Joe we are happy to hear you were satisfied with our service! Can you provide your location so we can make sure our driver is recognized for his service? If you can, provide message us with your pro (tracking) number. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

I placed an order that showed UPS as the freight carrier. When the item shipped, I was notified it would be handled by RL Carriers. Not having dealt much with freight shipments, I'd never heard of them. When I found this site and started reading reviews, I was terrified as to whether my package would arrive and if it would be in decent shape if/when it did.

My item was picked up by RL Carriers on 10/10 and delivered on 10/12. The driver contacted me and said he had a package but it had been loaded on an 18 wheeler and he didn't think he could get up my driveway. I confirmed that he could not, asked where he was and if he could wait on me to get there. He was only 15 minutes from my house and very graciously waited on me. He was friendly, polite and very helpful. He unloaded and stayed with my package until I got there. It was a " no signature required" delivery so he could have just dumped it off and left it there.

While I don't have much experience with freight deliveries, I honestly don't see how this one could have went any better. Unless of course they had placed it on a box truck and delivered to my door. These folks have a schedule to keep and I was concerned about him getting behind due to waiting on me, and then having his next delivery customer raising came over him being late. I could tell he was in a hurry, but he just smiled and was very professional about it.

The package did have a couple of dings in it, but seriously y'all, it was a freight delivery that traveled multiple states in 2 days time, I didn't expect it to be handled with white gloves. While I have yet to test the function of the item I ordered, it was not damaged during shipping. This company did a fantastic job with my delivery, and they did it quickly.

Apparently, no one comes on here and tells about their good experiences with them and that makes it look as if they are horrible. I'm guessing for every negative review on here, there are hundreds if not thousands of positive experiences that no one bothered to share. So, my advice, don't let these negative reviewers scare you, like they did me. While I'm sure they are all honest reviews, they are not necessarily the majority. Just the folks who took the time to write about their experience, and most of us only do that when we have a bad one. Perhaps I just happen to live in an area with good delivery drivers? This delivery took place in Western North Carolina. Not in, but near the Asheville area.

R L Carriers response

Charles thank you for your nice review here. We would like to recognize our driver for his customer service, so if you could, private message us your location so we can identify him and the shipment.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Wish I could put negative stars...This place has had my item for a week now. We have scheduled it 4x and not once was it delivered. My husband came home early from work to receive the delivery, missing out on money and I wasted my days off sitting at home waiting for it. No one could tell me why I wasn't able to receive any of the deliveries and they just kept trying to reschedule but it became a joke after the 4th attempt. I had already contacted the store and let them know that I was having a problem with delivery and eventually I called Amazon to get a refund.

The lady at Amazon had to call the shipper and the store and when she got back on the line she said the shipper told her that they had attempted to deliver several times and that I had refused every delivery, then it was a wrong address...How could I refuse it if you didn't know where you were going? This place is shady! After Amazon told me what they said it appeared this place might be worried to lose another customer because of the pathetic attempt to save themselves. Now it's under investigation. There's no way they can go on like this for long without losing major business. Avoid these disgusting people at all cost.

Resolution response: Aug. 1, 2022

After resubmitting the information, supporting docs, and pictures, the claim was re-reviewed and accepted. The company will pay in full. I updated to 4 stars only because I had to go through all of this for it to happen, but I'm very grateful they took care of it in the end.

Original review: July 28, 2022

The carrier absolutely destroyed a product I had shipped to a customer worth over $200. I sent pictures, filed the claim, did all I was supposed to, and it was still denied. After fighting for days they offered to cover $34. Big Whoopdie DOOO! It cost me more just fighting this damn thing than that! Their customer service is absolutely horrible. I will no longer be doing business with companies that use this carrier.

Original review: May 27, 2022

DO NOT USE THIS CARRIER!!! They are not worthy of the one star I have to give to write a review. I thought the Postal service was slow. It took them 4 days to get a shipment 3.5 miles. They could have delivered it faster if they strapped it to a turtle. If you something in the same month you ordered it. Avoid R+L like the plague. They are the worst shipping company ever.

Original review: May 20, 2022

BEWARE!!! Poor customer service. No delivery appointment. Unexpected charges. Rude, unhelpful drivers. Dishonesty. No accountability. Indifference. Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had with a shipping company. Don't make the same (costly) mistake I made.

R+L Carriers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

R+L Carriers is a global shipping company with a focus on customer service. Their shipping services include rail service, air transport, ocean transport and truckload service.

• Weekend express service: R+L Carriers has an expedited service dedicated to shipping cargo between Friday and Sunday efficiently. Submit a form online to get a Weekend express quote.

• Guaranteed AM freight delivery: Many businesses can’t waste a whole day waiting around for a shipment. If you manufacturing or supply chain needs a delivery in the morning, opt for R+L Carrier’s guaranteed AM freight delivery option on your pickup request and BOL. This guarantees you will receive your shipment before noon or you’ll get your money back.

• My RLC: Sign up for an account with R+L Carriers to gain access to Document Retrieval. Here, you can access all available delivery receipts, bills of lading, weight certificates, invoices and NMFC classification. You will also receive access to helpful shipping tools, including transit time calculator, shipping maps and more.

• Trade show logistics: Use R+L Carriers for your next trade show to streamline the shipping process so you can focus on your business. R+L Carriers trade show experts will make sure your materials make it to and from the trade show on time and in tact. They offer white glove service and debris removal and are always prepared for the unexpected.

• Domestic and international shipping: R+L Carriers ships both domestically and internationally, making it a great option for businesses who frequently ship both abroad and within the United States.

R L Carriers Company Information