R L Carriers

R L Carriers

2.3/5 (355 ratings)

About R L Carriers

R L Carriers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about R L Carriers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about R+L Carriers?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Wish I could put negative stars...This place has had my item for a week now. We have scheduled it 4x and not once was it delivered. My husband came home early from work to receive the delivery, missing out on money and I wasted my days off sitting at home waiting for it. No one could tell me why I wasn't able to receive any of the deliveries and they just kept trying to reschedule but it became a joke after the 4th attempt. I had already contacted the store and let them know that I was having a problem with delivery and eventually I called Amazon to get a refund.

The lady at Amazon had to call the shipper and the store and when she got back on the line she said the shipper told her that they had attempted to deliver several times and that I had refused every delivery, then it was a wrong address...How could I refuse it if you didn't know where you were going? This place is shady! After Amazon told me what they said it appeared this place might be worried to lose another customer because of the pathetic attempt to save themselves. Now it's under investigation. There's no way they can go on like this for long without losing major business. Avoid these disgusting people at all cost.

Resolution response: Aug. 1, 2022

After resubmitting the information, supporting docs, and pictures, the claim was re-reviewed and accepted. The company will pay in full. I updated to 4 stars only because I had to go through all of this for it to happen, but I'm very grateful they took care of it in the end.

Original review: July 28, 2022

The carrier absolutely destroyed a product I had shipped to a customer worth over $200. I sent pictures, filed the claim, did all I was supposed to, and it was still denied. After fighting for days they offered to cover $34. Big Whoopdie DOOO! It cost me more just fighting this damn thing than that! Their customer service is absolutely horrible. I will no longer be doing business with companies that use this carrier.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 27, 2022

DO NOT USE THIS CARRIER!!! They are not worthy of the one star I have to give to write a review. I thought the Postal service was slow. It took them 4 days to get a shipment 3.5 miles. They could have delivered it faster if they strapped it to a turtle. If you something in the same month you ordered it. Avoid R+L like the plague. They are the worst shipping company ever.

Original review: May 20, 2022

BEWARE!!! Poor customer service. No delivery appointment. Unexpected charges. Rude, unhelpful drivers. Dishonesty. No accountability. Indifference. Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had with a shipping company. Don't make the same (costly) mistake I made.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I'm not normally one to fuss online but I had to create an account here on ConsumerAffairs.com just to help expose R+L for who they are and what they're doing so companies will stop hiring them! I'm doing a full remodel on my home and have ordered dozens of large items from appliances to pallets of tile to stairway railing. Three separate companies I purchased from chose R+L as the carrier for the items. EVERY one of those deliveries resulted in a no show (with no warning) on delivery day, which is ridiculous because they set up the appointment with you 1-2 weeks in advance then send a text message, email, and call you the day before to confirm the delivery day and time window. All of those items required a signature for delivery and therefore I had to make the necessary arrangements to stay at home from work all day, which for me meant taking vacation time.

In all three of the instances, the items hadn't even arrived at their "California terminal" yet on the delivery day. Their customer service is snappy, rude, and not helpful. If you're a vendor and you're reading this, do not hire R+L even if they are your lowest cost option because you will not have return customers. Shame on this company.

Original review: April 4, 2022

I ordered a bathtub for a bathroom remodel. I specifically stated to knock on the door before dropping pallet off so I could have then put it in my backyard. Took the entire day off waiting. I never heard anything. And around 2:00 I walked outside to find the pallet with the bathtub dropped off in front of my garage door right where it blocked my car. I have no way to move this thing! All I can say is this was unacceptable customer service and I’ll use another carrier the next time for sure! Guess they can’t follow simple instructions!

Original review: April 1, 2022

Package has been in transit for a week and received a call 2 hours before my delivery window that they need to reschedule for next week...Weekend service would be an intelligent addition in your line of work. THAT'S WHEN EVERYONE IS HOME!! I need to clear an entire day to be around for this package. Now next weeks schedule is pushing back. I'm a very busy general contractor and can't afford rescheduling like this. I have contacted the company I purchased from to warn them of the poor end user experience when using this joke of a carrier.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I ordered rear bumper from 4WheelParts and it ships through RNLO. They attempted to deliver my package twice. The driver states that his truck is too big for our road and tree branches in his way that might damage his truck. I don't understand why they can't just deliver my package. Even fire engine can access our road and big trucks as well!

Original review: March 16, 2022

Ordered a safe thru Costco. Go a text from R&L on Monday evening, "We will be there Tuesday between 9-1." We scramble. Get a call on the Tuesday.. Oops... Driver just noticed your item is not on the truck. Um, okay... Reschedule for a week later. No confirmation text so I call. Um, yes..we will be there tomorrow between 9-1. Get a call back 15 minutes later... "Um.. No... We can not deliver this item because we can't get our truck on your road. We have huge trucks doing deliveries on a regular basis." Hubby calls. Get's 'manager' who begrudgingly and rudely says, "Yes we will deliver tomorrow between 9-1."

At 11:00 we get call..driver says he won't deliver because he can't use this road. Hubby says 'we talked to manger yesterday and he approved. Driver says I'll call back in 15 minutes. An hour later..WE call the main number...um..item is being returned to vendor. At best, these guys are incompetent and incapable. At worst, they lie. I spoke with a Costco employee at our local warehouse and told them the story... Their response 'oh no..we are using these guys again.. They are terrible.' Costco is working this out. THEY will make it work. If you are an individual without the assistance of a large vendor willing to stick up for you.. Run... Run... Run.. Do Not Use R&L.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Very unethical company. Never received the massage chair they supposed to deliver. They said someone at the address signed it but no one in my family did. I asked them to provide the signature, but they couldn't. After a few rounds of calling they told me nothing they could do and suggested me to contact the seller. Seller wanted me to file a police report, and notarized loss claim forms, and I did. R&L Carriers received the claims and said they were going to investigate but NEVER got back or responded to my emails, phone calls. I disputed this with my CC company and got all money back. Big lesson learned. Avoid this company.

R L Carriers response

Thomas we would like to understand more about this situation; however, we will need additional information such as a pro(tracking) number and contact information for the shipper so we can investigate. If you submit that to our R+L Cares form it will be reviewed directly by leadership: https://www.rlcarriers.com/contact/rl-cares. You can also respond to this comment here privately with those details. Thank you.

R+L Carriers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

R+L Carriers is a global shipping company with a focus on customer service. Their shipping services include rail service, air transport, ocean transport and truckload service.

• Weekend express service: R+L Carriers has an expedited service dedicated to shipping cargo between Friday and Sunday efficiently. Submit a form online to get a Weekend express quote.

• Guaranteed AM freight delivery: Many businesses can’t waste a whole day waiting around for a shipment. If you manufacturing or supply chain needs a delivery in the morning, opt for R+L Carrier’s guaranteed AM freight delivery option on your pickup request and BOL. This guarantees you will receive your shipment before noon or you’ll get your money back.

• My RLC: Sign up for an account with R+L Carriers to gain access to Document Retrieval. Here, you can access all available delivery receipts, bills of lading, weight certificates, invoices and NMFC classification. You will also receive access to helpful shipping tools, including transit time calculator, shipping maps and more.

• Trade show logistics: Use R+L Carriers for your next trade show to streamline the shipping process so you can focus on your business. R+L Carriers trade show experts will make sure your materials make it to and from the trade show on time and in tact. They offer white glove service and debris removal and are always prepared for the unexpected.

• Domestic and international shipping: R+L Carriers ships both domestically and internationally, making it a great option for businesses who frequently ship both abroad and within the United States.

R L Carriers Company Information