R L Carriers

R L Carriers

2.3/5 (351 ratings)

About R L Carriers

R L Carriers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about R L Carriers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about R+L Carriers?

Original review: April 12, 2022

I'm not normally one to fuss online but I had to create an account here on ConsumerAffairs.com just to help expose R+L for who they are and what they're doing so companies will stop hiring them! I'm doing a full remodel on my home and have ordered dozens of large items from appliances to pallets of tile to stairway railing. Three separate companies I purchased from chose R+L as the carrier for the items. EVERY one of those deliveries resulted in a no show (with no warning) on delivery day, which is ridiculous because they set up the appointment with you 1-2 weeks in advance then send a text message, email, and call you the day before to confirm the delivery day and time window. All of those items required a signature for delivery and therefore I had to make the necessary arrangements to stay at home from work all day, which for me meant taking vacation time.

In all three of the instances, the items hadn't even arrived at their "California terminal" yet on the delivery day. Their customer service is snappy, rude, and not helpful. If you're a vendor and you're reading this, do not hire R+L even if they are your lowest cost option because you will not have return customers. Shame on this company.

Original review: April 4, 2022

I ordered a bathtub for a bathroom remodel. I specifically stated to knock on the door before dropping pallet off so I could have then put it in my backyard. Took the entire day off waiting. I never heard anything. And around 2:00 I walked outside to find the pallet with the bathtub dropped off in front of my garage door right where it blocked my car. I have no way to move this thing! All I can say is this was unacceptable customer service and I’ll use another carrier the next time for sure! Guess they can’t follow simple instructions!

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2022

Package has been in transit for a week and received a call 2 hours before my delivery window that they need to reschedule for next week...Weekend service would be an intelligent addition in your line of work. THAT'S WHEN EVERYONE IS HOME!! I need to clear an entire day to be around for this package. Now next weeks schedule is pushing back. I'm a very busy general contractor and can't afford rescheduling like this. I have contacted the company I purchased from to warn them of the poor end user experience when using this joke of a carrier.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I ordered rear bumper from 4WheelParts and it ships through RNLO. They attempted to deliver my package twice. The driver states that his truck is too big for our road and tree branches in his way that might damage his truck. I don't understand why they can't just deliver my package. Even fire engine can access our road and big trucks as well!

Original review: March 16, 2022

Ordered a safe thru Costco. Go a text from R&L on Monday evening, "We will be there Tuesday between 9-1." We scramble. Get a call on the Tuesday.. Oops... Driver just noticed your item is not on the truck. Um, okay... Reschedule for a week later. No confirmation text so I call. Um, yes..we will be there tomorrow between 9-1. Get a call back 15 minutes later... "Um.. No... We can not deliver this item because we can't get our truck on your road. We have huge trucks doing deliveries on a regular basis." Hubby calls. Get's 'manager' who begrudgingly and rudely says, "Yes we will deliver tomorrow between 9-1."

At 11:00 we get call..driver says he won't deliver because he can't use this road. Hubby says 'we talked to manger yesterday and he approved. Driver says I'll call back in 15 minutes. An hour later..WE call the main number...um..item is being returned to vendor. At best, these guys are incompetent and incapable. At worst, they lie. I spoke with a Costco employee at our local warehouse and told them the story... Their response 'oh no..we are using these guys again.. They are terrible.' Costco is working this out. THEY will make it work. If you are an individual without the assistance of a large vendor willing to stick up for you.. Run... Run... Run.. Do Not Use R&L.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Very unethical company. Never received the massage chair they supposed to deliver. They said someone at the address signed it but no one in my family did. I asked them to provide the signature, but they couldn't. After a few rounds of calling they told me nothing they could do and suggested me to contact the seller. Seller wanted me to file a police report, and notarized loss claim forms, and I did. R&L Carriers received the claims and said they were going to investigate but NEVER got back or responded to my emails, phone calls. I disputed this with my CC company and got all money back. Big lesson learned. Avoid this company.

R L Carriers response

Thomas we would like to understand more about this situation; however, we will need additional information such as a pro(tracking) number and contact information for the shipper so we can investigate. If you submit that to our R+L Cares form it will be reviewed directly by leadership: https://www.rlcarriers.com/contact/rl-cares. You can also respond to this comment here privately with those details. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I spoke with R&L and they advised the package (170 pounds total) would be delivered Monday afternoon 12.20.21 between 1-4; I booked a flight from Florida to Massachusetts to be there to sign for the delivery for my 90-year old mother. Monday 12.20.21 I am really excited that the product will be delivered. Phone call at 2:37 and I am all ready to say, "Yes, I'm here. Come on over!" and the customer service rep says, "I'm calling to advise you that your package will be delivered Wednesday 12.22.21 between 1 and 4" to which I ...politely lost it. No phone call prior to advise of the delay. And no one seemed to care that I had booked a flight to do this, and was returning to Florida on Tuesday 12.21.21.

I was fortunate enough to speak with Mackenzie at the corporate office who was wonderful. She located my package; called the dispatcher; was able to expedite delivery to Tuesday and monitored the whole process. If I could rate her alone she gets a 5 - if I could rate customer service and POOR communication, it is a 1--so I split it and give it a 3.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

The office is not truthful about contacting customer to schedule a delivery. I was told they had texted my several times. That simply did not happen. I receive one text and called them a few hours later to schedule delivery. I was out of town and R+L would not hold the freight for even a day or two. I was notified by the shipper that my freight was shipped from origin 2 days before R+L texted me. As such, they could not have held the freight for any amount of time at all. Being lied to is a poor customer experience and insisting that every part of the delivery is on their terms is as well. R+L doesn't seem to care about their customers or the service they provide to customers.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

RL Carriers is one of the worse transport companies have used over the years. RLC Management must give out "excuse books" to their employees as standard reading material. For a single shipment, I have received excuses ranging from: "the shipper did not put the correct shipping address on waybill", to "Missing company name", to "Destination address requires liftgate" to "Destination address is closed" to "Truck broke down" to "we are no 1 on the delivery route" to "We will delivery tomorrow" to "I will have to check to the supervisor" to "we can't get in touch with the driver" to "the truck broke down again".... You get the picture...

Note: Our receiving (destination) address is a large company with loading docks, several employees that have forklifts and all the necessary tools to unload shipments. RL Carriers claims are basically fiction, their tracking information is always wrong, and these guys should be put out of business. Good luck if you try and use them.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

They contracted to deliver a product to our home. Called us and said they couldn't get in the neighborhood. The solution was to meet us somewhere and have us haul and unload the product - with no cost reduction. If we had the capability to do that, we probably would have gone that way in the first place. After that interaction, we heard nothing back. A week went by and we called - apparently their plan was to just keep our shipment forever and never reach out again? They once again claimed they couldn't make the delivery and then sent the product back. Customer service experience was awful - had to explain the situation over and over. Was given no reasonable options to make it better. Snotty attitude from everyone we talked to. If you are a delivery company - you figure out how to make deliveries. Don't offload logistics and transport on to the customer. Ridiculous, unintelligent, unfriendly, unprofessional service.

R+L Carriers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

R+L Carriers is a global shipping company with a focus on customer service. Their shipping services include rail service, air transport, ocean transport and truckload service.

• Weekend express service: R+L Carriers has an expedited service dedicated to shipping cargo between Friday and Sunday efficiently. Submit a form online to get a Weekend express quote.

• Guaranteed AM freight delivery: Many businesses can’t waste a whole day waiting around for a shipment. If you manufacturing or supply chain needs a delivery in the morning, opt for R+L Carrier’s guaranteed AM freight delivery option on your pickup request and BOL. This guarantees you will receive your shipment before noon or you’ll get your money back.

• My RLC: Sign up for an account with R+L Carriers to gain access to Document Retrieval. Here, you can access all available delivery receipts, bills of lading, weight certificates, invoices and NMFC classification. You will also receive access to helpful shipping tools, including transit time calculator, shipping maps and more.

• Trade show logistics: Use R+L Carriers for your next trade show to streamline the shipping process so you can focus on your business. R+L Carriers trade show experts will make sure your materials make it to and from the trade show on time and in tact. They offer white glove service and debris removal and are always prepared for the unexpected.

• Domestic and international shipping: R+L Carriers ships both domestically and internationally, making it a great option for businesses who frequently ship both abroad and within the United States.

R L Carriers Company Information