3.6/5 (738 ratings)

About DHL

DHL Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

Received email my order was delivered and it wasn't. I called to find it, was told it was at the ecommerce division. Called there and she told me it was the previous division and then blamed the post office. She was RUDE and wouldn't bother to tell me where it was delivered. NEVER USE DHL. They don't know how to do their jobs.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I wasted my lunch break yesterday trying to drop off a package to this location, listed on DHL's own website as a DHL Service Point: PARTNER - QWIK PACK & SHIP 3350 Footbridge Lane Suite 124 28306 NC, FAYETTEVILLE. The man behind the counter there refused to ship my package, in spite of the fact there was even a DHL sign in his window. He insisted that I had to call DHL to schedule pickup.

I called DHL to schedule pickup and was told someone would come between 10 AM and noon today. It's now 1 PM, no one has come, and I was forced to waste my lunch break for a second day in a row. This is the only time I can get out of the house during daylight hours to go for a run and handle my personal business, so I am extremely mad that the company has wasted this time for me two days in a row. DHL clearly does no value their customers' time, and I will never use this company to have anything shipped or delivered again. I also will not order from any company that uses them for shipping. They're terrible.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

This company has poor communication between actual reality and what it presents to its customers through their website tracking information. You as the customer may see what appears to be your package very close to its destination yet when you speak to the customer service rep you will find out the package actually has yet to even be picked up. Do not use this service if you are expecting a delivery in a timely fashion. I never would expect a company to lie to its customers that a package is further in the process than it really is.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

Unprofessional, expensive, slow. They lost three of my packages last year and last one is stuck in Los Angeles for more than three weeks, probably lost too. I try to contact them via email, but they don't want to do anything. Just sending generic replies. AVOID.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

Renewed my passport that required a signature. Driver just left it in my carport. I received a minimum of 10 (stopped counting) requests from DHL on the tracking app to change to “no signature required”. Since it was a passport coming from New Zealand, a signature verifying it was delivered to the correct person was pretty important. Pathetic.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

Over the summer I was expecting a DHL package - I authorized delivery without signature. My package never arrived. I called DHL and they contacted the driver who said he left the package between my door and the storm door (I don't have storm doors). Since I authorized delivery without a signature they said there was nothing I could do.

Now a second package is missing. It was supposed to be delivered Dec. 23. It was a gift for my mother so she stayed home all day to sign for the package, but it was never delivered. Customer service is closed all day today and only chat bots are churning out scripted responses, no live agents. Use any shipper other than DHL!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

Absolutely awful service from DHL and DHL Express - DHL Express have been meant to contact the recipient for over 2 weeks and still nothing, plus they are not responding to any of our emails. This is on a shipment that was meant to be delivered about a month ago...

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

You was expecting my packages on December 21st. It never came. Then they said December 22-23rd. Stay home all these days and nothing on the 23rd. It was supposed to get deliver early to end of day and nothing

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

DHL never sent notification my package was sitting a parcel facility. Facility was closed two days before Christmas. My grand kids will not get their gifts on Christmas. I’m so upset. Always a issue with DHL. I wish SHEIN stop using them.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

DHL = Delivery Hopelessly Lost. This morning I stayed home waiting for an international package from DHL. I received a noticed that they attempted delivery at 10:39. I was home, and nobody delivered anything. I complained. They said they needed a code to get in the gate. Also untrue. Uph! I suggest using carrier pigeon or pony express before using DHL.

DHL author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

DHL has a presence in 220 countries and territories around the world, making it an easily accessible shipping option no matter where you are or where you need to send something. They offer solutions for businesses of all sizes, from eCommerce to manufacturing.

• DHL parcel and DHL eCommerce: DHL Parcel and DHL eCommerce provide standard parcel pick-up, delivery and return solutions internationally. These services are available for both businesses and consumers.

• Customs service: DHL customs brokers are available to help your business ensure you are compliant with all the latest customs laws and regulations. Customs and trade consultants can review your supply chain to optimize duties and identify potential risk areas.

• Cargo insurance: You want to make sure your cargo is insured for its full value in case it is damaged or destroyed in transit. DHL cargo insurance will protect your cargo from any damage or loss caused by an external cause. This can be purchased ad-hoc or as an annual plan, depending on the frequency of your shipping.

• DHL Express: Perfect for when you need a parcel or package shipped fast, DHL Express can make sure it reaches its destination in the shortest amount of time possible. Get an accurate quote on how long it will take to reach its destination online.

• Easy to use: DHL’s website makes it easy to track your orders. Sign up for an account to receive a discount on shipping and to place shipping orders. You can even order supplies online to use for shipping. To ship an item, simply fill out the online form, pay for shipping and drop the item off at one of DHL’s 4,500 service point locations worldwide.

DHL Company Information