3.36/5
Based on 1,076 ratings submitted in the last year

999 DHL Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 10, 2019

We had a wonderful experience with DHL driver Chad ** today! He came to our house in Nebraska and we weren’t home to sign for the package. My husband had bought a mother’s day gift for me and wanted to make sure I got it on Sunday. So our driver Chad agreed to meet me before he left town to make sure I got the package! He went above and beyond and we SO appreciate that. Great guy!

Original review: April 3, 2019

I had a package to come and I missed it. I called. They said it would be there next day, not only this a rep call me but the supervisor called and made SURE I got what I needed on time. They really care guys. As frustrated as I was the customer service was IMPECCABLE. I needed that. I will DEFINITELY be using DHL in the future. I recommend you do the same.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I have ordered stuff via DHL a couple of times, and they have always provided reliable service. For instance, when they have been unable to deliver a package, they have always informed me via email or SMS. This sounds like it should be self-evident, but it really isn't, for instance if you order something via UPS, you might not get any notification at all that the shipment has arrived, instead UPS might just return it to sender without ever contacting you at all, or asking how you would prefer to receive the shipment. It's really surprising, but the service of UPS is quite terribly bad at least here in Finland. I'm far from the only person that has received "service" like this from UPS, based on some other reviews of Finnish people on Trustpilot for example.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Received a text on Nov. 28 stating package will be delivered on Nov. 30. I found out signature is required and I won’t be home. I logged into the DHL delivery website and had the package delivered to a DHL Service Point near my work. Package got delivered on Dec. 2 which is a Sunday (UPS and USPS don’t deliver on Sundays). Anyway, I didn’t know that change of delivery address will involve a delay of 1 to 2 days. Next time, I have a DHL delivery, I will request them to hold my package for pickup at their main depot so there is no delay.

I don’t trust DHL to deliver to our house because all the townhouses here look the same. Their delivery window is too long like until 8 or 9 pm. I don’t want to wait in the house that long. I prefer driving to their depot and pick up the package. In our neighborhood, USPS and UPS state a delivery window of until 8 pm too but they make so many deliveries in our neighborhood. I’m able to estimate their delivery. Like for USPS it is around 1 to 2 pm and for UPS around 1 pm. DHL doesn’t make a lot of deliveries here so it is hard to tell what time the delivery guy will arrive.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I have purchased items from the USA on many occasions, the delivery time can take awhile sometimes if it is via another country, the USA then to me however, I live in Australia and I have found that the company delivers parcels in relatively good time with no damage to parcels on arrival. I would recommend this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I shipped a phone from Mexico to Bangkok. The phone was given to a DHL person who wrapped the phone with one wrap of bubble wrap and put it in a box large enough to send more than 30 phones in without inside protection. DHL lost the package and made it impossible for me to contact them. I did email DHL in the US but they said I had to speak to DHL in Mexico and three times the people who contacted me from DHL in Mexico seemed to insist I speak Spanish to them though told in Spanish I do not understand Spanish. After several emails, I had to contact the person in Bangkok who was going to receive the phone to contact DHL in Bangkok.. That person spent more than 20 hours waiting for call backs, on telephone voice trees and emails with DHL. End result, no delivery.

About 4 weeks after the package due date in Bangkok, I contacted DHL CEO John Pearson email (DHL made it impossible for me to contact anyone else) who had someone from customer service contact the person to receive the package in Bangkok. HEY, I sent the package, why wouldn't they talk to me. The VP of customer service got the name wrong of the recipient in emails and didn't bother to express regret for it. No wonder the package is lost if a VP can't get the name correct. To add insult into injury, this VP was insistent on getting my number and calling me even after he was told at least a few times I do not take calls because I am hearing impaired. This fiasco from DHL took 20 hours away from community service projects which serviced the youths, our future.

DHL's was unprofessional at every level and their motto "Simply Delivered" should be changed to "We simply fail." After posting my dissatisfaction with DHL every day on social media, I will contact the Guinness World Records to see what is needed for the record which will give DHL the advertisement it deserves. I urge everyone to start posting their complaints about companies on social media. Copy and paste the all over. Posting on social is, for most, the only way to be heard in a way that will affect companies. Companies need to start thinking of the customers they serve and not ill begotten profits.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

The worst ever experience we have faced for an International courier. A courier which had be to delivered to my client in US had been forwarded through the *Frank World wide Couriers*. But to an amaze the courier was not delivered to the client but has been updated on the site as delivered. Moreover when I tried to discuss the issue with the Manager of the company he was kind of least bothered about how to solve the issue and forwarded it it to his executive, who could not mail to their concerned DHL team in US more than a line. She always played one liner mails. Inefficient team to handle the customer issues.

The worst part was after about 3 weeks of follow up the executive has finally informed me that, "Your parcel is stuck in the DHL warehouse." As it a small packet of about 2 sarees the DHL team would take some time to scan it, verify and again get it delivered to the concerned consignee. And that was the last update I could get. From here therein no parcel was scanned nor verified and nor delivered as well.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

My tracking said the package was delivered in my mailbox but I never received it. I did however receive my neighbor's package who lives a few blocks away and has a similar address. I believe DHL have them my package and gave me theirs. I was kind enough to deliver their package to them but now I’m out of my money with no product. These mail delivery drivers are in too much of rush to finish their routes and go home that they are screwing up. I want my package!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Shop here if you want your package to be "lost" and not actually "delivered". HOW CAN I RETURN IT IF I NEVER EVEN RECEIVED IT! I was intentionally waiting at home for it and got the notification right away when it said it was delivered, popped right outside, seconds later... NO WHERE TO BE IN SIGHT. I was supposed to be delivered two packages from two different companies, didn't get either! That was 500 USD worth of stuff! Now it's being under investigation. If you want your items to be stolen or lost, use DHL

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Please I beg you avoid DHL, for your own good. It a very bad service especially DHL Nigeria. The customs in Nigeria and DHL Nigeria always plan together to steal people’s goods and extort from them. It has happened to me twice, I laid complain the first time thinking it would be resolved but the second time was worse, I even have proof. Please AVOID, RUN AWAY, BLOCK!!!! DO NOT USE!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT IF YOU USE THEM. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!!

DHL expert review by ConsumerAffairs

DHL has a presence in 220 countries and territories around the world, making it an easily accessible shipping option no matter where you are or where you need to send something. They offer solutions for businesses of all sizes, from eCommerce to manufacturing.

• DHL parcel and DHL eCommerce: DHL Parcel and DHL eCommerce provide standard parcel pick-up, delivery and return solutions internationally. These services are available for both businesses and consumers.

• Customs service: DHL customs brokers are available to help your business ensure you are compliant with all the latest customs laws and regulations. Customs and trade consultants can review your supply chain to optimize duties and identify potential risk areas.

• Cargo insurance: You want to make sure your cargo is insured for its full value in case it is damaged or destroyed in transit. DHL cargo insurance will protect your cargo from any damage or loss caused by an external cause. This can be purchased ad-hoc or as an annual plan, depending on the frequency of your shipping.

• DHL Express: Perfect for when you need a parcel or package shipped fast, DHL Express can make sure it reaches its destination in the shortest amount of time possible. Get an accurate quote on how long it will take to reach its destination online.

• Easy to use: DHL’s website makes it easy to track your orders. Sign up for an account to receive a discount on shipping and to place shipping orders. You can even order supplies online to use for shipping. To ship an item, simply fill out the online form, pay for shipping and drop the item off at one of DHL’s 4,500 service point locations worldwide.

• Best for: DHL is best for eCommerce and larger businesses, particularly those that ship internationally.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs