2. Moving

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.23/5
Based on 1,117 ratings submitted in the last year

DHL Gallery (4)

DHL Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Every order was delivered on time. Received email. Delivery person always nice and courteous, I am disabled and was always helped to get packages inside of my home. It means a lot because it is so difficult for me to bring packages inside because of their weight and size. I have problems bending and stepping.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

The time it took to deliver my parcel on international flight was impressive. The recipient got the product in good condition without any problem. The only negative thing is the cost of delivery. Paying almost $300.00 for a small package is very expensive. The delivery cost was two times the cost of the product itself.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Always very pleased with this delivery service as they arrive usually within a few days before or after of the estimated time frame. Very courteous and kind workers who handle your packages with care. Not once has a package shown up all banged up or jammed inside my mailbox. These guys make an effort to always hand deliver right to me so thank you for such reliable services.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I thought that my parcels always arrived on time and the staff were very pleasant and have never mislaid or lost any of my parcels. Even If I had cause to get in touch with customer affairs they were always very nice to me and would do what they could to help me.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I got the text from DHL Express, DHL GLOBAL delivery TODAY by End of Day. I live in apartment building and leasing office closes at 5:30pm. I called DHL Express office to please text me before you arrive so that I come downstairs as the building is secured and the driver cannot enter the building after leasing office closes. Office employee emailed to the driver for instructions to text me. Driver Monique ** text me half an hour before arrival and text me when entering building parking lot. My hats off to Monique ** working for DHL Express and being extremely professional and extremely pleasant. DHL Express must be very proud of Monique **. I would recommend DHL Express to everybody very highly.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I had a package scheduled for delivery on August 4, according to the tracking information. It was not delivered. I checked the DHL website, and saw a notice that said further address information was needed. I checked, and the address was complete and correct. I called customer service first thing the morning of August 5. They told me Someone would call me back by noon. I received no call back. I called customer service later that evening. Apologies, and an assurance I would be called back by 9:00 the following day. No call back.

I then called customer service again. I was given an email address for the local office, and wrote them to ask where the package was and supplied (again) the full address, along with my phone number. I received an email as well as a follow up phone call promising me that the package would absolutely be delivered today, August 7, further that it would be a priority delivery, and that the driver would call to confirm. Needless to say, no delivery, no phone call, no surprise. I guess the package is lost...?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I have received two shipments in my entire life that have used DHL service and both have been in the past two weeks. Both shipments have been held in Melrose Park, Illinois for 2+ Weeks! The products that I have received from other carriers such as UPS and FedEx have been delivered on time and have experienced no delays, it is only DHL that is holding shipments for some reason and both times in the same location! If companies continue to use DHL service to ship their products, they are going to lose business! Will never order from anyone that uses them again!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

DHL would not delivery my shipment, and when they asked me what I wanted to do, I replied in writing to return the shipment to sender. Instead DHL destroyed my entire shipment. How does DHL defend 1) not delivering packages; and 2) destroying them for absolutely no reason? It seems that is the new DHL policy: 1) do not deliver parcels; 2) do not follow the customer's written instructions; and 3) destroy customer shipment and 4) then refuse to reimburse the customer for the value of the goods.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Worst "Logistics" company I have ever encountered. I ordered a specialty item from Japan via Amazon. It arrived promptly in Austin. I was notified that they delivered it on Friday 7/31 - only they didn't. It took until Monday for them to find it - in their Austin airport office, with $41.79 import fees due. The payment link did not work however since the item had "already been delivered." Eventually they gave me a phone number to their Tax & Duty office. They could not make the link work either, so they took payment by phone and my bank sent notice of successful charges to DHL. They were supposed to send me an email receipt - they didn't. Then they could not schedule delivery since "it had already been delivered". So I drove to their airport office and the guy at the counter took mercy on me, copied my driver’s license and had me sign some paperwork. I took the package home.

The next day DHL called wanting their $41.79 since there is no record of my paying it. When I told the lady that I had already paid and had notice thereof from my bank, she said that she hears that all the time from customers, but would have to send me a bill anyway. These guys make the US Post Office look like super competent geniuses. I would use ANY OTHER company for shipping & delivery, not these guys.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I would have given zero if it's possible. My transcript meant for admission has been sitting in their offices (WASHINGTON - RONALD REAGAN NATIONAL, DC - USA) for a month and they always tell same lie each and every day. After paying for express shipping they care less. Just use any other service other than DHL coz those folks are unprofessional and they suck. They are taught to lie. Just avoid using them if you need peace. My admission deadline is almost over and they have my transcript sitting with them.

DHL author review by ConsumerAffairs

DHL has a presence in 220 countries and territories around the world, making it an easily accessible shipping option no matter where you are or where you need to send something. They offer solutions for businesses of all sizes, from eCommerce to manufacturing.

• DHL parcel and DHL eCommerce: DHL Parcel and DHL eCommerce provide standard parcel pick-up, delivery and return solutions internationally. These services are available for both businesses and consumers.

• Customs service: DHL customs brokers are available to help your business ensure you are compliant with all the latest customs laws and regulations. Customs and trade consultants can review your supply chain to optimize duties and identify potential risk areas.

• Cargo insurance: You want to make sure your cargo is insured for its full value in case it is damaged or destroyed in transit. DHL cargo insurance will protect your cargo from any damage or loss caused by an external cause. This can be purchased ad-hoc or as an annual plan, depending on the frequency of your shipping.

• DHL Express: Perfect for when you need a parcel or package shipped fast, DHL Express can make sure it reaches its destination in the shortest amount of time possible. Get an accurate quote on how long it will take to reach its destination online.

• Easy to use: DHL’s website makes it easy to track your orders. Sign up for an account to receive a discount on shipping and to place shipping orders. You can even order supplies online to use for shipping. To ship an item, simply fill out the online form, pay for shipping and drop the item off at one of DHL’s 4,500 service point locations worldwide.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team