2. Moving
  3. Shipping Companies

3.7/5 (1536 ratings)

About DHL

DHL Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Do yourself a favor and do not ship via DHL, their tracking system is completely inaccurate and showed that my package was at the local hub when it was not. I have wasted two days waiting for a package that never arrived, the second day I specifically spoke with someone who promised it would be delivered, and yet today I was told it's NOT EVEN IN THE SAME STATE. These people are completely incompetent and not to be trusted, I will never use their services again and will not buy from vendors who use them either.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

My parents had sent a package from Lucknow, India to Cleveland, OH in the United States of America. The package was scheduled to be delivered on 10/21/2021 and we were informed that the package has been returned back to the shipper and en route to India without us (the receiver) even being notified. Had we did not follow up we would not even be aware that the package has been returned. We even provided instructions on how to enter the building and where to leave it along with my contact details to call in case of any issue but the DHL delivery person did not even attempt to contact me or try to establish any contact.

On being on call for almost 45 minutes with your helpline I learned that your delivery person tried contacting the shipper who was in a different time zone instead of contacting the receiver. To be honest this was the most ridiculous thing I have heard. For the kind of publicity and branding, your firm does this is really unacceptable and unprofessional behavior. I will be posting the same review on Google and other social media portals to make sure people are aware of the level of incompetence your company works with.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Been waiting all day at the Body Shop for my grill then get notices says they were closed.... That's funny being I am still here waiting and we never saw a single driver.... This shipment is handled by: DHL Express. Tracking Code: **. Now I have to get a rental car because this is holding up completing my car.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

The package was initiated on Thursday, September 23rd in Mumbai, India. It was cleared to Brussels to Cincinnati and the tracking shows it arrived at east Windsor, NJ on September 27th. It was supposed to be delivered by September 29th. When we visited the store, they said they never received the package. Is it lost or stolen? They have just automated line so it is extremely frustrating to get no help. The package contains time sensitive material needed by October 7th for the wedding. They might have fraudulent franchises that could steal the package and say they never received it. He said it might have gone to Amazon warehouse. How irresponsible is that? How can you deliver bright yellow box to Amazon by mistake. I will not recommend anyone to use DHL.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Delivery was delayed. Update was slow. The package was already in the area but they chose to let it sit for 3 days more. Talking with customer service was impossible. They are rude and have no interest in helping customers.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

DHL started out as a wanna be UPS. I don't understand how they are even still around! Their delivery time is always slow as crap. They never get anything right. Hell USPS is faster than them! Hell a carrier pigeon would be faster. Get rid of this company all together!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

DHL USA is without a doubt the worst courier company I have encountered. The whole company is just lost with no one having a clue of what is happening. If one hopes to get anything done from them then you should know diff numbers of all departments as they will just shamelessly tell you that this is not their department when you call them.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Why do people write negative DHL reviews? It's because DHL cannot live up to its own words and commitments. Firstly-- what major company starts business at 10:30 AM??? And after DHL says that your box is "With delivery courier" what happens? Your box drives all over the place all day long until the driver says "Aw, shucks! I've had enough of this delivery job and am heading back to the office!" And your box, containing perishable items, heads back to the office where it will spend the next 3 days sitting somewhere because it is a holiday weekend! When DHL says "Scheduled for Delivery" they really mean "When We Are Good and Ready!" You used to be able to speak to a customer service rep but those days are over! You know-- back when the driver said "No address on box--- heading back to the office now".

Yeah-- you know -- how they send a box from Indonesia to the US but forgot to put an address on it, RIGHT??? And when the box finally shows up there is an address--- OH WAIT A MINUTE--THERE ARE 5 ADDRESS LABELS ON ALL THE SIDES OF THE BOX! This is the one with "NO ADDRESS ---NEED TO GET BACK TO THE SAFETY OF THE OFFICE!" So today-- since there is no more "Customer Service" but only an automated "Chat" -- "Mr. Chat" says-- "The package will be delivered by midnight today!"--- but the "Customer Service" closes at 8 PM! So when I asked what do I do if there is a problem after 8 PM? (Namely the driver got all tuckered out and had "Office Separation Anxiety") --- it immediately said "Sorry---you timed out, we are closed for the long weekend, and we will do our best to avoid you come TUESDAY, when we feel like coming back to work!" Absolutely primitive---yoohoo--it's 2021!!!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I live in Turkey. I always shop at Newegg.com USA website. I pay custom fees (VAT) to newegg company. Newegg sends orders via UPS shipping company. I receive my orders without any problem and without any extra payment. UPS makes the custom clearance. This is like this for months. And I really like UPS shipping carrier.

My last two order were handed over to DHL shipping carrier. DHL requires me to make the custom clearance through their contracted customs broker. And their contracted customs broker requires me make extra payment for each package. I told them I already paid all custom fees to newegg.com. But they say there is local custom fees which I have to pay it.

Here is the problem: I buy the same computer components at newegg.com USA website. I pay the same prices and custom fees (VAT) to newegg. Both shipping carrier is located in Turkey. UPS doesn't require me make any extra payment. DHL requires me make extra payment. What is the difference? Why double charges on DHL? Someone explain to me, please!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

We shipped Package internationally and usually shipped 100 kilo per month and our package always arrived a few days early then states in the Dhl tracking as, but DHL in Dallas location choose not to deliver even though package arrive a few days early but choose not to deliver early. Bad service. We are now looking with other carrier beside DHL.

DHL author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

DHL has a presence in 220 countries and territories around the world, making it an easily accessible shipping option no matter where you are or where you need to send something. They offer solutions for businesses of all sizes, from eCommerce to manufacturing.

• DHL parcel and DHL eCommerce: DHL Parcel and DHL eCommerce provide standard parcel pick-up, delivery and return solutions internationally. These services are available for both businesses and consumers.

• Customs service: DHL customs brokers are available to help your business ensure you are compliant with all the latest customs laws and regulations. Customs and trade consultants can review your supply chain to optimize duties and identify potential risk areas.

• Cargo insurance: You want to make sure your cargo is insured for its full value in case it is damaged or destroyed in transit. DHL cargo insurance will protect your cargo from any damage or loss caused by an external cause. This can be purchased ad-hoc or as an annual plan, depending on the frequency of your shipping.

• DHL Express: Perfect for when you need a parcel or package shipped fast, DHL Express can make sure it reaches its destination in the shortest amount of time possible. Get an accurate quote on how long it will take to reach its destination online.

• Easy to use: DHL’s website makes it easy to track your orders. Sign up for an account to receive a discount on shipping and to place shipping orders. You can even order supplies online to use for shipping. To ship an item, simply fill out the online form, pay for shipping and drop the item off at one of DHL’s 4,500 service point locations worldwide.

DHL Company Information