1.24/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

925 DHL Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Every time I place an order and find out (usually after the fact) that the vendor is using DHL, I kick myself. More often than not, any deliveries involving this company are a complete disaster. Items are lost or significantly delayed. Sometimes tracking just disappears for days at a time on an item and I'm not able to get any resolution on where things actually are. I have no idea why anyone would use them. They make the businesses who ship via them look terrible.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

A food hamper from Marks Spencer was to be delivered on Saturday morning between 9 and 10 am. It was clearly marked "contains edibles". I received a text to say that it had been signed for by Paul. I phoned Paul on Sunday to wish him a happy birthday and he knew nothing of the parcel, let alone signing for anything. He asked neighbours and they eventually found the food hamper from M&S in the community bin area! The parcel was still clearly marked "contains edibles"! The hamper is of no use to anyone having spent a night in the bin area in rain. Totally disgusted and annoyed by this driver's lack of integrity and stupidity. So thoughtless and costly. DHL tell me in response that they are satisfied my parcel was delivered! I have now been told that some of my comments cannot be accepted! Don't ask me for a review then.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My very important documents sent on urgent basis were promised for Friday morning delivery but Saturday has gone and not delivered yet and now Monday is the day I can expect them to deliver. Shame on them for playing with customer's time. Don't even deserve this single star I gave them. My 100 dollars ALL in vain...

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Whenever I can I avoid this company, too many times have they never delivered my items. For some reasons businesses continue to operate with DHL, at least for the time being. Their website rarely works, items are late or never delivered.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Paid an extra $20 to receive a product before Valentine's Day and it did not arrive - even though we were promised the package Feb 11. In contacting them, they tried to blame the disappointing service to my misunderstanding of the number of days for delivery. How do you misunderstand a delivery date of February 11. Overpriced, rude, unreliable and I will never purchase a product that uses this delivery service again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I paid extra to have the product delivered prior to Valentine’s Day. This company could not keep its guarantee. When I called all they could say is, "Sorry call the company you ordered your product from." I also had an issue when I ordered medication and the company I ordered from had a contract with DHL. Unreliable, rude, costly, and expensive!! Buyer beware!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Buyer beware. I do not recommend that you ever buy anything from this company called Rosegal or any company that uses DHL. Rosegal uses DHL courier service and I was charged an extra approx. $40.00 dollars by DHL over and above the approx. $90.00 dollars of goods. They wanted the $40 at the door or would not give me the goods. That is 50% more cost. I looked up on the internet and there are multiple comments about this rip off by DHL. I contacted Rosegal several times and received no concern and no assistance. I think they know this about DHL. Only leave you to wonder if they are in cahoots with DHL over these costs. I just wanted to buy a few nice new items of clothing to go to a funeral for a relative that died Sunday tragically. I cannot afford to pay 50% extra. I am done with Rosegal and DHL.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

If I could rate a negative number I would!! Worst customer service ever, ESPECIALLY the managers!! I would not use this company for delivery if I had the choice!! I received notification that my NEXT day delivery would be delivered on February 1st. I called to see if they could possibly give me a roundabout time so I wouldn’t have to wait all day at home due to it having to be signed for. Their customer service person said that it wasn’t out for delivery, and that it wouldn’t be until next week sometime before I received it.

I asked to speak with a manager. I asked the manager if there was any way he could make note or something to let me know a time frame (better than 'til end of day) on when it would be delivered. He was rude and sarcastic and told me no. I said I felt like that was the least they could do since both my husband and I have to work, and can’t sit at home all day waiting for a delivery to be signed for. The manager then said that it wasn’t his fault that the company I made the purchase with used them for delivery and they would not accommodate. RUDE, RUDE, RUDE!!! I have never experienced such horrible customer service, especially from a manager!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I received a text after waiting all day saying DHL could not gain access. I called and was lied to, the operator said the parcel would be delivered the same day and to call back in 2 hours to see if it was delivered. When I called the operator said that info was wrong and I asked for the manager who said, "There is nothing you can do." He had an annoying don't care attitude and I must take it or leave it. There is no proper complaint process with these multi corporations... I was told I had to stay in. It is assigned for package and told what time they are coming instead of what time slot I could choose. I'm not happy at all... BEWARE?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

The company at least in Mexico are run by BOZOS. They lost a valuable divorce document that killed my current fiance and me. And the WAY they did it was laughable. The first day they tried to deliver the package AT 9:30 AT NIGHT. Then our party said she would stay at her office ALL DAY until 10 PM and the idiots at DHL never made an attempt to deliver the package. The next day they LOST the package. I will NEVER use this group of buffoons ever again and if you're smart you won't either.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I’m a big time online shopper, I always buy off eBay. The sellers that I buy from be in the same exact country as me so when they ship items off it should take no more than 4days to come... I noticed since the middle of 2018, the sellers that I purchased items from have been using DHL shipping. The items literally take at least up to two weeks to arrive, the package would be stuck in a warehouse for at least five days which be literally one hour or 45 mins away from my city, when they do transit it out to my city that takes another two days until it actually arrives! I wish the sellers from eBay and many other online stores would actually get the picture that DHL is not for its use in its own country especially if they want to keep a buyer satisfied!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have been trying to use DHL eCommerce Packet & Packet Plus to ship to customers internationally for over 1 year now. On signup I was advised shipping would take around 3 weeks to most countries, and I would be provided tracking information when Packet Plus was used by paying additional money for. Reality has been that about: 30% of parcels have been lost with no explanation. 90% of parcels have actually taken 4-8 weeks for delivery. To lodge an enquiry I have to complete an excel doc with 26 rows of information required. Enquiries into missing parcels then take up to 1 month to investigate.

The service is absolutely pathetic. What customer in their right mind is going to accept that after their parcel has not been delivered within the estimated time frame of 3 weeks, I now need them to allow a month for the investigation?? This has resulted in me providing many refunds in most instances because I know DHL won't magically find all the parcels they have lost, nor can I expect a (rightfully so) disgruntled customer to wait 1 month for the outcome. DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE A SMALL BUSINESS.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Never late, low fees. Post office delivers in my city, but the guy that brings it to the post office is always on point. Post office said he hasn't missed work 1 time in almost 2years of deliveries to the local post offices.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

The last package from DHL was delayed nearly 10 days because they said that someone authorized it to be put on delivery hold. They couldn't tell me who they talked to but said that there was no contact phone number or name on the package. When I finally did get the package my name and phone number was on the waybill and on the package. They basically just arbitrarily decided not to deliver it - no apology - they didn't really care that I had three full-time employees standing by for a total of 6 working days waiting for the parts in this package so they could assemble our products. Thousands of dollars lost.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I have purchased items from the USA on many occasions, the delivery time can take awhile sometimes if it is via another country, the USA then to me however, I live in Australia and I have found that the company delivers parcels in relatively good time with no damage to parcels on arrival. I would recommend this company.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

DHL leave packages out in the weather and tossed in locations that you cannot see. No notes like UPS that tell you where you can find your package. Example was a Christmas gift thrown in the ice plant by the road which is not in viewing distance of our house. We live in the country. They would not even come down our driveway.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Hi, I sent a parcel from Sweden to Spain. It should have taken approx 7 days. The last tracking note was 14 days ago stating ready for export in Germany. Why ready for export within EU? How can a parcel just disappear? I can understand that it may be shipped to the wrong place, but evaporate into thin air is incredible. They were pretty quick in answering and request me to state the value of the content in order to proceed. After that there has been a dead silence and no reply to my mails. My only conclusion is that parcel has been stolen.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Shipped from Germany to USA and insured pkg. Arrived Broken and it took 10 months of phone calls and emails to receive a small partial refund towards replacing items. The worst customer relations ever and insuring pkg did not result on replacement for broken items.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have used FedEx for 8+ years to ship custom surfboards I have been manufacturing for decades. In the last year they have managed to have one disappear for 28 days before finally arriving to the customer. Recently another customer never received his order. We presumed the boxed surfboard was stolen somewhere between Goleta CA and its final destination in Texas. FedEx did pay the claim, but I had to make the customer another board. FedEx has increased their prices while offering poorer service.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Worst mistake ever was using them to get a shipment. I never received it after waiting 2 1/2 weeks when It was suppose to arrive in 2-5 days the most. It sat in one of their warehouses that is only 1 hour from me for 8 days. The owner of the product I bought was just as confused as I was which took us an extra 5 days to figure out what had happened to it. It was stolen or lost. I then had to contact the company I purchased from again and they were kind enough to reship me another one. I am sure some other companies would be hesitant to do so. So to save anyone the time and trouble, do not use them and pay the extra few dollars to have it shipped from another courier. I hate to even give this shipment company 1 star rating.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

This company is abysmal. They abandoned my packages saying they had no invoices, regardless the sender showed he did. When started the return I told them to reroute to a safe address because the sender went out of business, but they refused to change the destination. The packages arrived to the warehouse the sender rented to DHL themselves but they lost one of them. 11 months trying to get my packages ended with one of them lost. It's the worst cargo company I've ever met.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Still haven't received my package. :( Says 'delayed' but no estimated time of arrival. Was handed to them and they handed to another carrier. They are caught in the middle but still makes the customer frustrated.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

The company sent me an text giving me the option of leaving a package by my front door without a signature. I knew when the package was being delivered but was given the ease of not having to be home at the time of delivery.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I shipped five things from San Diego to Ohio. The contents of all of the packages were destroyed. Then it took approximately three months and about ten phone calls to get reimbursed for the contents and they insisted that I pay for the shipping charges. Horrible, horrible experience.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

They have no sense of distance. I wanted to send a certificate to Bosnia (from Egypt), the guy told me it's very far and charged me e.g. 100$, days later I wanted to send another certificate but to the United States (Also from Egypt), he charged me e.g. 65$. Distance wise Bosnia is 1300 KM away, while the United States is 6800 KM away.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

So I made two purchase on Amazon. I am Prime there yet I was charged 30 Euro each for shipping, Which is ok since am at Philippines at the moment. They chose DHL which is super bad. I made two orders for HDD for my laptop. I got call from DHL that I need permit for the first HDD, they didn't know about my second identical order. They sent me email how to get permit, with note in end that am forced to pay storage fees of min 10$ each kg for day, they want 2$ to process the payment too and maybe customs charge.

Guess what - I received the second shipment without applying for permit or any charges. It is new hard drive - not sure why I need permit for that from obm agency in Phil. How did I receive the second one, I called them and there was no clear answer, if am not in need I would return and advise Amazon to send through FedEx! Please choose another shipping company, you will save more, you will have bad time with them and parents everywhere.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Drivers go that extra mile to help. Our delivery person always lets us know when a parcel is being delivered and where it is. If we are not home then he will try again. Very helpful.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

If you have an option of using another shipper I would urge you to do so, your wallet will thank you for it. You will also save yourself time and headache. I was receiving a lost suitcase via DHL from an airport. They asked me information in parts and pieces, something new every other day which I provided to them but then without any warning they told me the shipment was being sent back. I called them numerous time. The representative I was working with stopped taking my call. The representative also didn't seem to know the basics of the shipment and was asking me questions like - "Why are you shipping medicine from Malaysia?" Though this lost suitcase was coming from another country and I wasn't shipping medication I was shipping the suitcase in which contained personal use medication.

When I learned the suitcase was being shipped back I called them. DHL rep said they would tried to stop the shipment but then I receive an email back saying they were not able to and gave me a # to track the shipment. The number they gave me was wrong and it showed the shipment going to yet another country!!! I emailed the complained line and filled out a web form. Response to one email that I needed to contact another country.

I contacted U.S. complain via webform and email. Webform response was to ask more questions and nothing since then. The email I sent to US CEO essentially said, "Work with your shipper" and "We are sorry." I am not sure who gives these companies license to operate but they need to look into DHL practices. They do not seem very competent, what good is a shipping company that can't get the shipment to its destination!! I spend numerous hours answering their question and providing documents and they shipped the package back...

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I sent a package to my daughter which my employer took with her when she travelled to Berlin. We are in South Africa. She took it to DHL Berlin and paid for the parcel to be sent to my daughter in Bad Homburg. This was on the 17th November 2018. The employee who captured the parcel info changed her name on the system and the parcel was never delivered as they stated my daughter's name was not on the doorbell. I requested an investigation and after submitting several documents, was told on the 3rd Jan 2019 that they have found the package and will be forwarding it to the recipient and as such my claim is null and void.

This package was not delivered and not received by my daughter. I am sure they told me that so as to get rid of me. I am extremely disappointed in the lack of service from DHL Paket. The customer service do not speak English and because I don’t speak German it is fruitless trying to call them. The goods were supposed to be a Christmas present to my daughter and it has just been 'lost' with no compensation by DHL, very sad and frustrating indeed. They are not reliable or trustworthy at all!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

On the day of delivery (after putting a note on my front door with specific instructions) my delivery was "attempted" while I was home! How? After calling customer service, the customer service representative blatantly lied by assuring that the driver advised by the "supervisor" would turn around and come back. She covered herself by noting something totally different than what she told me. DHL...do better or hand your packages over to a carrier who truly believes in customer service.

DHL expert review by ConsumerAffairs

DHL has a presence in 220 countries and territories around the world, making it an easily accessible shipping option no matter where you are or where you need to send something. They offer solutions for businesses of all sizes, from eCommerce to manufacturing.

• DHL parcel and DHL eCommerce: DHL Parcel and DHL eCommerce provide standard parcel pick-up, delivery and return solutions internationally. These services are available for both businesses and consumers.

• Customs service: DHL customs brokers are available to help your business ensure you are compliant with all the latest customs laws and regulations. Customs and trade consultants can review your supply chain to optimize duties and identify potential risk areas.

• Cargo insurance: You want to make sure your cargo is insured for its full value in case it is damaged or destroyed in transit. DHL cargo insurance will protect your cargo from any damage or loss caused by an external cause. This can be purchased ad-hoc or as an annual plan, depending on the frequency of your shipping.

• DHL Express: Perfect for when you need a parcel or package shipped fast, DHL Express can make sure it reaches its destination in the shortest amount of time possible. Get an accurate quote on how long it will take to reach its destination online.

• Easy to use: DHL’s website makes it easy to track your orders. Sign up for an account to receive a discount on shipping and to place shipping orders. You can even order supplies online to use for shipping. To ship an item, simply fill out the online form, pay for shipping and drop the item off at one of DHL’s 4,500 service point locations worldwide.

• Best for: DHL is best for eCommerce and larger businesses, particularly those that ship internationally.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs