2. Moving
  3. Shipping Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.83/5

DHL Gallery (4)

DHL Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

DHL has delivered many packages to me or had part in transporting a package to another company to deliver. They have been on time. I’ve been notified of delivery details and I have to say all packages were handled in a professional manner because nothing was ever damaged or missing.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Every order was delivered on time. Received email. Delivery person always nice and courteous, I am disabled and was always helped to get packages inside of my home. It means a lot because it is so difficult for me to bring packages inside because of their weight and size. I have problems bending and stepping.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

The time it took to deliver my parcel on international flight was impressive. The recipient got the product in good condition without any problem. The only negative thing is the cost of delivery. Paying almost $300.00 for a small package is very expensive. The delivery cost was two times the cost of the product itself.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Always very pleased with this delivery service as they arrive usually within a few days before or after of the estimated time frame. Very courteous and kind workers who handle your packages with care. Not once has a package shown up all banged up or jammed inside my mailbox. These guys make an effort to always hand deliver right to me so thank you for such reliable services.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I thought that my parcels always arrived on time and the staff were very pleasant and have never mislaid or lost any of my parcels. Even If I had cause to get in touch with customer affairs they were always very nice to me and would do what they could to help me.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with when sending a package internationally. (Central America) Even when I asked them to explain the process and costs they did not say anything. I had to deal with all the paperwork and fees with the government personnel to release my package at the port of entry. Then once DHL had the package in their hands, they send me a bill for 2x the value of the package. They argued they were government fees. And taxes (at 70%) which I do not believe. I asked them to send me the payment receipt to government since I knew I had paid for that already and they refused. Beware if you send something through them to Central America, you will end up paying as much as 4 times the value of your package. To me the company dealings and practices there seemed very fishy. I would never used them again and definitely would not recommend DHL International.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

Customer service was very bad. The agent was careless and unprofessional. Gave me wrong information which have caused me to make many extra calls and visit the delivery center more than once. Will not recommend to anyone. USE TCS OR FEDEX PAKISTAN FOR YOUR DELIVERIES.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Very unpleasant company to deal with. I've spoke to 10+ agents in 5 days that are unable to give me a straight or similar answer as to what is going on with my 2 packages. Duty has been paid on the first and every one of the agents say it's suppose to be here tomorrow. It's now been days in a row of the same exact response and I still have no package.

On the second package, agents say I haven't paid the duty (when I have proof they took my money), and the others say it's on hold for a totally different reason, but assure me it's going to be delivered the next day. It's now been a week of that same response and I have neither of my 2 packages. NO ONE, not even management actually has the ability to give a straight answer or solve an issue properly at DHL / DHL Canada. Even just getting on the phone with a team leader or member of management was a hard task in itself. They refused to put me on, and I was even hung up on.

After speaking with management I'm assured they are looking into the issue and I will receive an email or call back with a resolution and that DOES not happened. I have every single voice memo attached to my account if anyone wants to know how DHL's "valuable" customers are being treated, it's simply unacceptable in my opinion. This is why I'm choosing to share this experience in the hopes that this does not happen to anyone of you.

This is your clear warning: STAY FAR AWAY FROM DHL. Agents will do or say anything to get you off of the phone. All they are they for is to take your tracking numbers and read to you what it says. Anything else is out of their hands and beyond their control. If you contact me to review the calls just listen how many times I'm assured my package will in fact be here. After being promised it was going to be here again today my package is now with a totally different 3rd party shipping service that says it's not coming until "tomorrow" once again. DHL is a complete waste of time scam and are VERY far from international shipping experts in my opinion.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Would avoid if you can. I created my shipment on MyDHL+ online. My two stars is a reflection of the poor communication flow/customer service. DHL didn't pick up within the pick-up window, once it was picked up a week later and AFTER I contacted them multiple times, they held our package at an international border for clearance. This takes some time but without any email/phone calls of it's status I thought it would just take time. After 2 weeks, I called to check in and they informed me my package would be returned and that we would still be billed. We were directed to international phone numbers that didn't go through, even after talking to many U.S. customer service reps. They still charged us 100+ dollars. Will not be using again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I wish there was a 0 star rating for DHL. DHL lied about delivery attempts. They never came to my house and they said they tried delivering but no one's home. LIAR I called the customer service many times for help. They guaranteed 4 times to deliver my parcel the next day. Each day I ended up being so frustrated, here is what happened:

Sep 21: I request delivery on the next day and it was confirmed by DHL. Sep 22: I waited at home the whole day but no one delivered my parcel, I called the customer service and the rep said it would get delivered tomorrow FOR SURE. Sep 23: I waited the whole day and no parcel, called again and the rep PROMISED the next day delivery. Sep 24: NO PARCEL again and I called and asked for a manager, the manager named Ruth GUARANTEED it would get delivered on the next day. Sep 25: GUESS what, today is the Friday and still no parcel. I called and the supervisor on the phone said they could only deliver my parcel on the NEXT Monday.

It's fair to call DHL Liar at this point right? The specialist at DHL is like a joke. They sent you a scripted email and asked me to wait 2 days for a simple feedback on my parcel. Two days after, they sent you an email saying they closed my case because my "parcel is with the courier and it would be delivered today". BUT where is my parcel, LIAR?

DHL author review by ConsumerAffairs

DHL has a presence in 220 countries and territories around the world, making it an easily accessible shipping option no matter where you are or where you need to send something. They offer solutions for businesses of all sizes, from eCommerce to manufacturing.

• DHL parcel and DHL eCommerce: DHL Parcel and DHL eCommerce provide standard parcel pick-up, delivery and return solutions internationally. These services are available for both businesses and consumers.

• Customs service: DHL customs brokers are available to help your business ensure you are compliant with all the latest customs laws and regulations. Customs and trade consultants can review your supply chain to optimize duties and identify potential risk areas.

• Cargo insurance: You want to make sure your cargo is insured for its full value in case it is damaged or destroyed in transit. DHL cargo insurance will protect your cargo from any damage or loss caused by an external cause. This can be purchased ad-hoc or as an annual plan, depending on the frequency of your shipping.

• DHL Express: Perfect for when you need a parcel or package shipped fast, DHL Express can make sure it reaches its destination in the shortest amount of time possible. Get an accurate quote on how long it will take to reach its destination online.

• Easy to use: DHL’s website makes it easy to track your orders. Sign up for an account to receive a discount on shipping and to place shipping orders. You can even order supplies online to use for shipping. To ship an item, simply fill out the online form, pay for shipping and drop the item off at one of DHL’s 4,500 service point locations worldwide.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team