3.7/5 (748 ratings)

About DHL

DHL Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I would give 0 stars if I was allowed. Any companies that use them I will no longer order from. I ordered a present at the beginning of the month and here we are at the end of the month and it is ping ponging from NJ to Ohio then Illinois. Guess what, it is supposed to be delivered in PA!!! Call to speak to someone, give tracking number and because he could not be bothered to listen the first time asked me if I was still there then asked me to repeat it. I start to repeat and he hung up on me. So I call back and get another person who proceeds to tell me that it is not DHL's fault that it is USPS, ummmm no the tracking information that I am looking at is DHL site. It was also extremely difficult to understand their customer service representatives. This is the second time this has happened with DHL, the other time it took the package over a month to get to me from California. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

My $65 eyeshadow palette was shipped on the 6th of this month. Today's the 22nd and GUESS WHAT? Oh you're not going to believe this! It has been ping ponging from Portland to Dallas where I DON'T LIVE. It's been going back and forth between the 2 cities 4 TIMES and counting! I can't even believe how awful this company is. How do they get away with it? I contacted the company I bought the palette from and they are sending me a new one, but I am scared to death they're going to use DHL again. These idiots need to be stopped, this is absolutely the most horrible shipping company. If you have the option of using a different shipping service, go with THEM and NOT DHL. You'll be sorry if you do. Trust me.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

The mail order prescription drug company I order all my medications through uses DHL for delivery. Not only have they put myexpensive and necessary medications in someone else's mailbox (so I had to report it as lost, but the nice neighbor later delivered it to me himself), but it TAKES FOREVER. I look at the tracking, and it sits there in the local DHL warehouse for 3 days before it even starts moving. Whatever their problem is, it has become MY problem. I would never ever choose to use them and have asked my drug company to switch to a more reliable carrier.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I purchased a $1,000 watch online. I have had to call 4 times so far and send 3 emails just to supply them with the Watch / Clock Worksheet they requested. The seller of the watch is a watch dealer and provided them a Watch / Clock Worksheet but they also wanted the same form from me. After all that was over (8 days later) now they emailed me to tell me I need to pay tax/duty. But there is no way of doing that on their website, so I had to call them again! After getting transferred to 2 people they tell me it is going through clearance and they do not know if anything is due. What a waste of time dealing with these idiots! Unbelievable. I would never buy any product from outside the USA if it will be shipped through DHL. Stay away from them!! The worst experience ever!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Every time I think I should try them again, I'm sorry. They never hit a deadline and for as small as their business is compared to others in the US, they seem totally disorganized. Tracking is a joke and customer service non-existent.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

Please don’t use DHL for delivery. I was supposed to get a delivery to a business. They claimed to deliver to businesses before 5pm. They come after 7pm when I been calling to ask for the package to be deliver by 4pm. Everyone apologizes, ignore and don’t deliver the package. Then they send a note refused package.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

Worst delivery service ever! The people there just not care! They do anything that they can go faster even if this is bad for the customers.

1. I waited home the whole day and then I just found a paper that they was there. No one is ringed the bell. Just left a paper and leave.

2. I was not home and they said I refused the package. Just that they do not need to deliver again. I guess because we filed an official complaint about the delivery guy.

Try to avoid DHL if you can, the delivery sucks and customer service is just a puppet because they can not help in any matters and they no right to change anything. Or do something helpful.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I have had the unfortunate situation of having to ship with them on 3 occasions. All 3 have ended up the same way... Terrible!!!! Do not ever pay for expedited services!!!! They could care less if or when the package shows up, no matter how time sensitive it may be. Save yourself headaches and the aggravation and you another carrier!!!

Original review: July 29, 2022

Ordered a time-sensitive parcel and paid extra for expedited shipping. It was supposed to be a 3-day expedited delivery but it's been 5 days since it was supposed to arrive. The item has been marked on hold with no further information on why. This is unacceptable considering the expected delivery I was given. When I called customers service, I was asked why my item was time sensitive. It shouldn't matter why. I paid to have it in 3 days and to act like it's not important enough to be received in 3 days is ridiculous. Worst courier service.

Resolution response: July 8, 2022

Missing parcel was located. It was mistakenly given by concierge to another customer with same surname.

Original review: July 7, 2022

Utterly disgusted and irate at the lack of care shown by DHL when delivering my parcel. If I could give zero stars on this review, I would. On Monday 4/7/22 my parcel ($2500 Coat) was delivered to the wrong address in Potts Point. Some lowlife at the wrong address signed for my coat and stole it! DHL Delivery Receipt showing name and signature of the thief is attached. I have been informed that DHL outsources deliveries to third-party couriers. My coat was delivered by a third-party courier who obviously didn't check for correct delivery address nor the ID of the receiver!

Zero accountability shown by rude and dismissive DHL Customer Care staff who keep giving me lies and the runaround. I have been informed that the courier who delivered my parcel only works on Monday. Apparently, I have to wait until next Monday 11/7/22 to allow the courier to attempt a retrieval and redelivery - really?!?!!! Failing that, I will be offered reimbursement or replacement from the shipper. I cannot receive a replacement coat as my coat has sold out completely.

Thanks, DHL for NOTHING - literally.

DHL author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

DHL has a presence in 220 countries and territories around the world, making it an easily accessible shipping option no matter where you are or where you need to send something. They offer solutions for businesses of all sizes, from eCommerce to manufacturing.

• DHL parcel and DHL eCommerce: DHL Parcel and DHL eCommerce provide standard parcel pick-up, delivery and return solutions internationally. These services are available for both businesses and consumers.

• Customs service: DHL customs brokers are available to help your business ensure you are compliant with all the latest customs laws and regulations. Customs and trade consultants can review your supply chain to optimize duties and identify potential risk areas.

• Cargo insurance: You want to make sure your cargo is insured for its full value in case it is damaged or destroyed in transit. DHL cargo insurance will protect your cargo from any damage or loss caused by an external cause. This can be purchased ad-hoc or as an annual plan, depending on the frequency of your shipping.

• DHL Express: Perfect for when you need a parcel or package shipped fast, DHL Express can make sure it reaches its destination in the shortest amount of time possible. Get an accurate quote on how long it will take to reach its destination online.

• Easy to use: DHL’s website makes it easy to track your orders. Sign up for an account to receive a discount on shipping and to place shipping orders. You can even order supplies online to use for shipping. To ship an item, simply fill out the online form, pay for shipping and drop the item off at one of DHL’s 4,500 service point locations worldwide.

DHL Company Information