3.0/5 (220 ratings)

About DHL

DHL Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DHL?

Original review: May 17, 2022

The text that my parcel was delivered came and I was at home and rushed downstairs to get it - NO parcel, No nothing. I had not heard the gate open (as I always do) and knew nobody had in fact delivered the parcel. The worst thing - the UK phone number is circular - no human and cut off - the UK chat service is circular and goes nowhere over and over again - the email is banked up so no response after days. No item and £30 out of pocket. Avoid and only get signed delivery if forced to.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I sent a package to India through DHL. DHL charged me in their airport central office. The package is held from 16 April 2022 till now. They neither returned it nor disbursed my money. It really sucks. They are claiming that they do not have control over the custom.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2022

DHL has had my parcel for well over a week, yet they won't deliver it, even though I have been promised that it would be delivered every day since it arrived in their warehouse. All payments have been made, I have the receipt. They won't tell me why it's not getting delivered. They won't give me any explanations whatsoever. It's impossible to talk to a human, so I have been corresponding via live chat. They just say sorry for the inconvenience and that the parcel will arrive by 5 pm. This has happened EVERY day and it still has not arrived. Now they are running a trace on the package, so I have to assume they lost it and won't admit it. Terrible, terrible customer service.

Original review: April 22, 2022

DHL - the most Dumb Horrible Lousy courier service company in India. Never ever try this. They are burning your pocket while you book through them and then they make you cry to delivery your consignment. Our parcel was booked from Germany to Hyderabad India. At Bangalore airport on the name of KYC they ask TONS of documents - every time!!!!

After custom clearance of 7 days it is still not delivered to Hyderabad. While I contacted them - sorry for inconvenience, apology etc. Standard answer. While I wrote a strong email then today they called me and again, "Sorry for inconvenience and we are unable to reach out to our partner Bluedart"!!!! Can you believe this? They told they have no contact number of Hyderabad service area, via email they are escalating the issue and ensure the delivery!!! Which world are they living??? Just making people FOOL and PLAYING GAMES. I hope Vikas Anand - MD of DHL India - this review reaches and teaches the lesson to their bunch of Monkeys working with DHL India.

Original review: April 20, 2022

DHL is easily the worst delivery service. For two different packages I placed a vacation hold, got email confirmation that the packages would not be delivered until a certain date. Both times I received a message that the packages were out for delivery early, despite the vacation hold, and contacted customer service, and both times customer service assured me the packages would not be delivered until the agreed-upon date. The vacation hold was ignored both times and the packages were delivered early. One package was delivered 9 days early, the other was delivered a week early. After the package was delivered I contacted customer service yet again and the response was rude and unhelpful. There is nothing positive I can say about DHL. Incompetent and terrible customer service. If you have a choice in delivery companies, choose literally anyone else.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I did not think it was possible for a delivery company to be this slow. USPS is faster and has a lot more to deliver. Customer service is horrible. Puts blame on the seller for not selecting a more expensive shipping option to send your package. Tell you to contact the seller about delays. Which of course makes no sense since they gave the package to DHL. Package has been sitting in limbo for a week. Sent an email and of course got the runaround. It was given to DHL and they were supposed to hand it off to USPS. Well USPS hasn't gotten it yet for whatever reason. The seller is asking me to be patient before I ask for a refund. Good job DHL! Screwing over sellers and buyers. I will advise the seller not to use you guys anymore.

Original review: April 15, 2022

Awful!! Lost my shipment from UK. Swore it would be delivered today 4/14 instead of 4/8 when it was due. Was “out for delivery”. Still nothing. Horrible. Horrible. Do not use if you can avoid them. Horrible.

Original review: April 5, 2022

They cannot clear customs...4K lost. Never had that such bad experience with a courier company... Use UPS instead... the best out those shipping companies... They do not care, just collecting your money.

Original review: April 2, 2022

I recently received two packages that were delivered by DHL, both of those two packages were required signature, but DHL just dropped the package on the porch without even bother to ring the doorbell. All other couriers are at least ring the doorbell to let you know package is there but not DHL. I just wrote to the merchant that I will not buy from them again if they still use DHL for delivery. How difficult is to ring the doorbell? It just unbelievable. Customers pay for the signature confirmation and woant DHL to honor that.

Original review: March 26, 2022

Received my package today. Opened with an item missing when it was delivered today. Thankfully the company I purchased it from has good customer service. Every time I get a package delivered from DHL, there seems to be different issues.

DHL author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

DHL has a presence in 220 countries and territories around the world, making it an easily accessible shipping option no matter where you are or where you need to send something. They offer solutions for businesses of all sizes, from eCommerce to manufacturing.

• DHL parcel and DHL eCommerce: DHL Parcel and DHL eCommerce provide standard parcel pick-up, delivery and return solutions internationally. These services are available for both businesses and consumers.

• Customs service: DHL customs brokers are available to help your business ensure you are compliant with all the latest customs laws and regulations. Customs and trade consultants can review your supply chain to optimize duties and identify potential risk areas.

• Cargo insurance: You want to make sure your cargo is insured for its full value in case it is damaged or destroyed in transit. DHL cargo insurance will protect your cargo from any damage or loss caused by an external cause. This can be purchased ad-hoc or as an annual plan, depending on the frequency of your shipping.

• DHL Express: Perfect for when you need a parcel or package shipped fast, DHL Express can make sure it reaches its destination in the shortest amount of time possible. Get an accurate quote on how long it will take to reach its destination online.

• Easy to use: DHL’s website makes it easy to track your orders. Sign up for an account to receive a discount on shipping and to place shipping orders. You can even order supplies online to use for shipping. To ship an item, simply fill out the online form, pay for shipping and drop the item off at one of DHL’s 4,500 service point locations worldwide.

DHL Company Information