FedEx

FedEx

2.8/5 (1992 ratings)

About FedEx

FedEx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

The automated system was not helpful at all in assisting with changing an address or when trying get the package held (will not be home at time of delivery) and the automated system would not process a request to speak with a live person and has no option to resolve the issue.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

A few days before Christmas 2022, a FDX driver knocked on the door and gave me a $100 gift card due to he had damaged the decoration lamp placed at our front door. He had reported that incident to his supervisor, and the company handed over a gift card, and since then we could replace the lamp with the gift card. He surprised us with his honesty; we even forgot to ask his name...! God bless him, and he could be a great asset for the Company.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

My package was supposed to be here by 1:50 pm. It was wine, so I needed to stay home to sign for it. It never arrived. I called FedEx, the automated message said the same thing. When I asked to speak wot a real person, it hung up. I called back 3 times. All 3 times It hung up when I wanted to speak with a representative. Truly abysmal customer service.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

I called just to confirm a delay because tracking says it's still 5hours out on a truck somewhere as it was in transit from a stop. The last stretch of travel was 5hours away. But no one could tell me where the package was or if the package was delayed from the posted time of delivery which had already past. That said I called just to ask where the package was they said it is scheduled for delivery on the 26, but I said yes that was the original time, but that was updated and the new delivery date was the 24th between 10:30am and 2:30pm. They said no the scheduled delivery date is the 26, I said again that was updated and changed to the 24th today. It was like going around about. They took me around in circles no matter what.

I finally asked for a supervisor and his answer was I need to know the reason and of course I said that reason is private I need to speak to a Supervisor and he said he couldn't without a reason. So I said, "Fine I want to speak to a supervisor to file a complaint on you" and he turns it around and says is it about the package delivery. I was livid at that point and I raised my tone and called him an idiot and more. He tried and tried to bust my chops with question as to why I need to speak to a supervisor. After 10min he comes back on and transfers me to another person. Who wasn't a supervisor who is an answering agent as they call it for the supervisor and we went around and around again.

People rely on Fedex because of their overprice shipping, lack of care for packages. They try their best to have calls go unanswered by outsourcing cheap call centers to handle calls to people who can barely speak the language from which you are calling from. The fact that if you require speak to someone whom possibly may speak the same language and interpret things that are asked and not have those people go out of their way to stop you very mind blowing. These corporate business are doing exactly what the 60s was warning about corporate America. Always a scheme to intervene which puts all these customer service (Contracted Cheap Customer Service Groups) at the bottom and they could care less because they could even say that they have customer service at a call away. More like miles away.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

This is worst courier service, we did a courier 2 months ago from India to NZ but still we didn't get courier, what is this nonsense, there is a lots of valuable things in that. I get frustrated for this services.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I have a FICO score of 850 and this moronic company sent a Government duty charged to my product to collections instead of making attempts to reach me. I am furious. The first letter they sent was never received by me for some reason. The second letter that I received was a warning. So, I called and paid in full. In the interim, they sent the $50 due to collections. SO, it took them 60 days to send to collections. They never called or tried to reach me in other ways to have me pay. I will NEVER use FedEx again. This is a horrible company and there are much better options.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

FedEx once again left my packages out on my driveway in the pouring rain. They are absolutely pathetic and don’t conduct their business in an ethical manner. They completely ignore delivery instructions every time. They should be put out of business! They are the WORST!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Is it that difficult to follow instructions?? FedEx doesn’t care about you or your package. Neither do their staff. Every single delivery, never once followed instructions. Always placed in front of an active doorway. Enough is enough!!!! FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.. IT'S NOT THAT DIFFICULT!!!! Why do I have to suffer every few days contacting a customer service rep to file a claim to complain? Why is nothing being resolved? Corrected? Why do I have to break my back in an active driveway to move contents whole when you can easily follow delivery instructions listed and provided and delivery properly??? Are you that incompetent? Or simply just don’t care? I believe it’s the latter.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Lousy service and charge a lot and guarantee delivery on time but they lie. Please don't consider using their service because you will regret it. They even printed the delivery time on the label and when I complained they said it was delivered as supposed to be..liar!!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

FedEx is known for destroying packages during shipment. USPS loses packages, and UPS (more expensive, generally is good). FedEx does not honor insurance claims. They deny all claims and then you have to fight them tooth and nail on the phone to get them to reverse their decision. I will now use UPS. Bye FedEx.

Fedex author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

FedEx Company Information