2. Moving

FedEx
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.34/5
Based on 5,443 ratings submitted in the last year

FedEx Reviews

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I had ordered a part for my car on Thursday 12/5. The part was in Jacksonville by 7:00 pm. on 12/6. I knew the part couldn't make to that day, even though I paid for overnight. I was ok with that. I was sure they would get it to me on Saturday, around 3:30 a FedEx truck went by my house, no package for me me. I contacted the service center and they were very helpful. I let the gentleman know I needed this part so I could fix my car so I could get to work on Monday. About 30 minutes later a kind gentleman called me from the Jacksonville sorting center, I was told all the drivers had finished that route, however he had a driver that had just finished his shift and would see if he could bring my package.

The driver in his own personal vehicle brought the package to me. Outstanding service to go above and beyond to help me out. I hope this get back to the employees involved. I want to thank them for being outstanding people. To the driver thank you so very much for going out of your way help me out. This speaks highly of your professionalism. Thank you again. From Ted

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I’m giving 7 stars out of 5 stars. I would like to convey my utmost appreciation to FedEx team that handled my package professionally (Tracking id: **). My sender (Arun ** from ASPARTS) initially had a major delivery issue with DTDC Cochin branch. Poor guy, after much hassling with DTDC Cochin, he finally managed to secure and reroute the parcel via FedEx Cochin. Million thanks to my sender (Arun **), he’s very professional and responsible in handling the matter. He assured me that by hook or crook I will receive the painting and as assured I received it. Thanks Arun ** from ASPARTS!

Also kudos to Singapore FedEx customer service officers (Mr. ** and Ms. **) and a special mention about Ms. **- she really calmed my anxiety considerably through her style of communication as I thought I had lost the parcel. Last but not least, thank you so much to all FedEx team (both Cochin and SG) for the rehandling service, relocating the missing parcel and redelivering promptly to my address.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I was a FedEx Ground driver. The customers will complain about anything. From "I been waiting all day" to "Why didn't you wait for me to come to door." I delivered in a major city. Days I had over 250 packages to deliver. We don't wait around for people to come to door. Number 1. 90% of people you deliver to are not home. If we didn't leave package our trucks will be back at terminal full everyday. You assume the risk. If your package goes missing that's the risk you take or go to the market to get your toilet paper.

The things I delivered furniture, refrigerators, bedframes etc. Okay yes your packages are getting stepped on. First things first they are in a TRUCK. Potholes l, curbs etc. Your boxes are falling on the ground from when driver pulls off. And guess what. That package has been on 2 other trucks before getting to local destination. Those boxes have been thrown 10+ times from shipping company to package handlers etc. Every day is different. One day you might have 150 packages to deliver. Next day it's 250. So you were waiting around all day see how fast you can deliver 250. You don't leave terminal till 9am 250 is guarantee 7pm day. No break. If the package is that important to you I wouldn't get it on a TRUCK. The terminal will give you a delivery time all day because they have no idea what time driver will get to the stop. How the driver delivered the package and the route used is up to the driver. So think before you complain.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Last month I ordered from a catalog and it was sent out by FedEx but delivered by the postal service. I thought it was strange also last month I ordered some medical supplies and they were sent out FedEx and to be delivered by the postal service. I think this is dumb. Because if they ship it out by FedEx you pretty much know when it will be delivered. But when they delivered by USPS you have to wait around for the mail carrier. I did google it and found out that they have what's called simple ship which is a cheaper rate when FedEx delivers it to the post office and the post office delivers it. From now on when it says how much shipping is I'm going to ask is this being delivered by FedEx or will it be delivered by USPS. Though I did find a tracking through USPS and they said by the end of the day but knowing our carrier and I'm in a senior building we don't know when that is. There's no set time that they deliver.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Today is a rainy day in Del Rio, TN, but that didn't stop my FedEx driver! We live a mile up from the main highway on a steep mountain dirt road. He couldn't drive all the way up today due to the mud, so he walked my package up the driveway!! This man is always friendly every time as well as every other driver, but he went the extra mile! Unlike any other mail delivery service here, I can always count on FedEx to bring my packages to the door. I wish I could choose FedEx for all my deliveries!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Package not delivered as recorded as recorded. On 1/28/2020 FedEx recorded package to my address delivered around mid-day. Three days later I started checking for the package. First calling the 800 number at FedEx. They said it had been delivered at my address. I replied no it had not, and told them that I believed it had been taken to the townhouses around the corner with the same number and similar street name. I was told again that it had been dropped at the proper address. I then filed a claim for a lost package, explaining again the home with the same number and similar name around the corner. 15 days later the people in that house bring the package to me, telling me that FedEx had dropped it off at their house.

The next day I received a claim letter from FedEx stating their records indicate the package was properly delivered to the correct address and that the claim amount for the package was declined. They never took any consideration that it had been delivered to the wrong address (again). They were wrong as the evidence shows. This has been an on going problem for me the twenty years that I have lived here. I pay for delivery to my residence and will not be tracking the neighborhood for my packages.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Once again FedEx claims they delivered something but nothing is here. Last time, they never found but thankfully the product company sent a new one! This time, they claim my package was delivered, while I was home, but there is nothing here. Checked my neighbors as well, nothing. Yet now I have to wait at least a day to hear what they're going to do next. Instead, why not contact the driver (there's new tech that's available to contact someone real time - it's called a PHONE) to see what he did...or didn't do in this case. The company is a joke - for a global logistics company, I think they need some help...say from the UPS or USPS.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

** Fedex. Ordered in two parts. First arrived on Tuesday, no prob. Second--I find out, cannot be delivered for three days because they said I put in the address wrong and they won't deliver on weekends. Weird, given Tuesday's delivery made it. At no point did they offer explanation for that. They were Valentine's flowers. Perishable. Was told they were contacting the manager. They literally, left me on hold, for 90 minutes. 93 to be exact. They left me on hold instead of actually doing something. This is not the first time I have had a problem with FedEx. Their customer service staff will actively lie to you, ice you out on hold, do ANYTHING to just get you off the line. I am so beyond frustrated and cannot understand how this company is still in business. I work with a law firm in upstate NY and refuse to do business with anyone who ships via FedEx. The shipment, will go wrong.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I ordered an item online. Seller used Fedex for shipping. I was charged for the shipping. When the date for arrival came no driver did. I received an email stating customer was not available. I work 2nd shift so I was home. No one showed up. For three days this happened. Then I get an email saying I had to go pick the item up or it would be sent back to the seller. This has happened EVERY time Fedex was the one doing the shipping. I have never had any trouble with US Postal Service or with UPS. From now on I will check to see who the seller uses before I place an order. If it is Fedex I will find someone else to order from. Anyone thinking of using Fedex I would highly recommend you reconsider.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I live in a gated community and was expecting an expedited package. I have seen FedEx driver come through the gate with a code. But definitely not this driver delivering my package. I got an email yesterday saying unable to deliver. It did not specify the gate as the reason. But I guessed that might be the problem. So I went online to leave a specific instruction to use gate phone to call in for us to open the gate. No one called today and I got another "unable to deliver" email. I called FedEx to find out what the problem was and how they could fix it. The rep was courteous and took note of my specific instruction for the driver. I also found out my instruction left online did not reach the driver. 15 minutes later, a nice lady called and confirmed the code. She said she would text the driver to see if he could attempt a delivery again this evening. I felt a little better now.

Since I did not receive any door tags, I went to the gate to see door tags were left there since I have seen them there before. I found no door tags and started thinking the driver might have gone to a wrong address. We have a lot of gated communities in this area and they have similar street numbers. So I called FedEx again to make sure the driver knows the correct address. The rep told me the driver went to the correct address, no delivery would be attempted this evening and tomorrow would be the last attempt.

If not successful, I will need to drive to a FedEx location 30 minutes away to pick up. I asked the rep to tell the driver to call if there is problem at the gate and he said their drivers are not allowed to call customers. OK fine, then call your central office and have the central office call me. What's the point of using a delivery service if the driver, when reaching an obstacle like a gate, just turns around and marks package undeliverable for 3 days to get the package off his load?

FedEx, you need problem solvers. This has been such a waste of my time and your driver's time. By the way, when I had a technical difficulty last night with online account, their website says call this number. I did and the rep told me to call a different number for tech support and they were closed. I told the rep their website has this number as tech support. The rep just told me to call this other number the next day. I guess it is good in a way that I had to just figure it out myself.

I had some bad experience with FedEx in the past. One time, they lost a package at their Carson facility. Another time, they claimed the package was delivered but I never received it. This is a close knit community. We all know our neighbors well and I have never had any incidence of lost or stolen packages other than when it was shipped through FedEx. If I have a choice, I would never use FedEx.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Fedex expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

• Best for: FedEx is best for individuals and businesses that need to ship items fast.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team