3.44/5
Based on 4,508 ratings submitted in the last year

4177 FedEx Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 12, 2019

The token was delivered to India from US, which was for personal use but along with my name the company name was also mentioned so the Fedex people were asking for IEC and GST document from the company but the company will not be providing those documents at any cost. I requested fedex for any other ways to get it shipped without those documents. Still they denied to deliver without those documents. Can anyone please suggest how to overcome this issue. It’s my kind request if anyone can help to fix this issue. Suggestions: **

Original review: June 7, 2019

Last month I ordered from a catalog and it was sent out by FedEx but delivered by the postal service. I thought it was strange also last month I ordered some medical supplies and they were sent out FedEx and to be delivered by the postal service. I think this is dumb. Because if they ship it out by FedEx you pretty much know when it will be delivered. But when they delivered by USPS you have to wait around for the mail carrier. I did google it and found out that they have what's called simple ship which is a cheaper rate when FedEx delivers it to the post office and the post office delivers it. From now on when it says how much shipping is I'm going to ask is this being delivered by FedEx or will it be delivered by USPS. Though I did find a tracking through USPS and they said by the end of the day but knowing our carrier and I'm in a senior building we don't know when that is there's no set time that they deliver.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Today is a rainy day in Del Rio, TN, but that didn't stop my FedEx driver! We live a mile up from the main highway on a steep mountain dirt road. He couldn't drive all the way up today due to the mud, so he walked my package up the driveway!! This man is always friendly every time as well as every other driver, but he went the extra mile! Unlike any other mail delivery service here, I can always count on FedEx to bring my packages to the door. I wish I could choose FedEx for all my deliveries!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I have had a ton of bad experience with FedEx, but lately all my orders have been ridiculously quick. They’ve gone to bottom of the list to the top 2. The crazy thing is when I was having problems with them it was summer and no holidays. No reason for them to be late and the customer service was just garbage when I would call. On Facebook they would respond but give you a script answer for a reply and then not say anything else just to get you off of their page.

Lately though everyone I’ve been ordering through has gone through them, and to be honest I almost stopped ordering my favorite products because I saw they were the carrier, but they were started to get things done! I don’t know if someone cleaned house and got rid of the garbage or if they just decided they were tired of everyone calling them garbage but they stepped up their game and I’m quite happy to see them delivering my stuff. I pay for 3 day shipping, I get my stuff the next day. I really hope they keep up the good work. It’s just weird cause it is the holiday season when you would expect delays more and they are going quicker. Anyways hope it stays this way.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Since opening an online store in 2010, I've always given customers the option of FedEx or USPS. I was surprised to see all the negative reviews for FedEx after my positive experiences with them. I recently had to file my first insurance claim. After reading a lot of reviews, I was concerned that they might not honor it. Even though I purchased insurance and had packed well, it arrived damaged. I started a claim online about a month ago. And today I received a check for the insured amount. I did provide pictures of the item before and after. And pictures of the packaging materials used and the box it was shipped in. I completed all necessary information online to process the claim. I have been pleased and continue to be pleased with FedEx Services. And, was glad the insurance claim was closed to my satisfaction. I thought I was going to have to fight it after reading all the negative reviews but I didn't.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: June 24, 2019

I have had two deliveries in the last two weeks. Both was broken and in both cases the drivers knew it was broken. The last one ran for the truck when he thought I was going to open the package. It was literally destroyed in the shipping box. I had been dropped from a distance directly on the corner.

Original review: June 24, 2019

In addition to it taking literally TWELVE DAYS to deliver a shipment that UPS could have done in 3 days, FedEx won't allow me to have my package held at one of their "facilities" while I'm taking my first vacation in 2 years. I find it strange that any retailer still uses this dinosaur of a company to ship. If FedEx can find any way to mess up your shipment, they will. Count on it. They must be offering very low shipping rates. Can't wait for this company to FINALLY go bankrupt and I can be done with their epic incompetence. They are the Keystone Cops of Shipping Companies.

Original review: June 23, 2019

"Are you tired of receiving your packages and shipments on time and with a smile? Try FedEx! Here at FedEx, we don't value the customer in any way, shape, or form. Suppose your package falls of a fork truck skid and breaks. No problem! We'll pull that tracking off, cruise an unmarked van by your address, and sit around for 10 minutes while we wait for the GPS to click on your address, right at the very edge of where it'll register. Then we'll scan that tag, and leave you absolutely nothing but your broken dreams and a month of hassle. Are you retailer who's tired of giving refunds for lost shipments? Try FedEx!!! Here at FedEx, we'll make every effort to ensure that package never gets delivered, and when we do the "investigation" (lol) we'll rule it as the receiver's fault, so you'll never be liable for a refund ever again."

Everyone understand what's going on here? It's not rocket plumbing. They don't have to cater to the receiver because they most likely make their money through backdoor deals with major retailers. It's most likely why major retailers use FedEx as the sole shipping option, because if anything happens to your package, they don't have to give any refunds as it's ruled as delivered, and the receiver's fault they didn't recover their order.

Ordered a $50 vacuum on eBay. I was outside in my yard able to clearly my front door. I saw a van with some type of consulting company's decals on the side. Never heard of the company, it's why I can't remember exactly what it was, and have never seen that van ever before or since. While I was working on a car, I witnessed that van pull up to a neighboring house. It sat there for about 20 minutes. Then it backed up to directly in front of where my vehicle was parked on the side of the road. I was working on someone else's car at the time, just to clarify. It then sat there for another 15 minutes or so, and then pulled off. No one ever stepped outside the van. I could clearly see the driver through the windows, and I never saw him attempt to exit the van at any time.

Two days, later, I receive an email saying that my package was delivered. To my belated excitement, I figured, "Oh, their system might just be a little slow updating," so I checked my front door, and to my surprise, there was absolutely nothing on my porch. The tracking said it was left at the front door. So I called them. The customer service representative informed me that my package was indeed delivered. I in turn rebutted that it in fact had never been delivered at the time the tracking stated. I told them of the mystery van, of which I received no response. Told me an investigation is opened and that they would talk to the driver. On that very first, they told me that if my shipment had not still arrived within 48 hours, to contact the seller for a refund. That I would receive a call back shortly. On that call back, about 3 hours later, the only new information available was that Andrea would be personally handling my case.

I felt a renewed sense of optimism that my desperately needed vacuum would be located and delivered. I was sorely mistaken. Called back the next day, and there was no new info to report. I asked if they talked to the driver, and never got a straight answer. I never talked to Andrea ever again. Told me I would receive a callback by 5:00 PM that day. The phone remained silent as my suspicions grew. So I called the next day, there was still no new info and not a straight answer about the driver, was told I'd be called back by 5:00 PM again. Again, the phone did not beep. I am still in dispute. Seller said they are waiting for the results of the FedEx investigation, and then they'll be an eBay investigation. I have a good idea of how it will go.

I've ordered about 20 items this last month from various services and sellers, and have received every single one of them. The neighbors would regularly tell me about activity around my house when I'm not there, also said they never saw any FedEx truck. I'm driving to the distribution center Monday to attempt to resolve this error on FedEx's part. It didn't take me long to figure out the scam going on here, especially after reading the previous reviews here and elsewhere. The vacuum came directly from Dirt Devil and FedEx was the sole shipping option. I'd highly encourage all reviewers here to update us all on what became of their disputes.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I live in Milwaukee, WI and have the worst driver on any FedEx route in America. FedEx drivers buy their route then speed as sloppily as possible through their routes-rarely knocking to deliver anything. If you have signature confirmation, your FedEx driver will NOT knock! He will stealthily sneak up to your door stick on a blank sticker-then speed away. Three times in the last year, i.e., every time I have used FedEx in the last year, the driver refused to knock even though I am awake and expecting my package.

Your FedEx driver has decided that your $60 postage does not warrant his attention anymore- he would prefer that you make his life easy and pick it up at the office. America has stopped using USPS due to theft and incompetence. FedEx is just as lazy and incompetent. UPS will be getting all of my business from now on. Here is the tracking number for my package and dead-beat driver. Fire him ASAP. FedEx tracking #**

Original review: June 20, 2019

I have to report that anything sent to me via FedEx has a 2 out of 3 chance of failure in arriving, arriving very late, or requiring time on my part to fix their issues. I am beginning to wonder if it is possible they do not even know about Google maps. Time after time they say recipient cannot be located. Really type it into google maps and there is my house, guys!!!! It has now gotten to the point where I refuse to purchase anything from a company that uses FedEx for their shipping. It is just not worth the trouble anymore. I also am telling the merchant why I am not using them, and if they will use another shipping option fine. I know this probably seems like an exaggeration but it honestly is not.

Original review: June 19, 2019

It wouldn't let me give zero stars???? Yesterday morning I ordered and paid for overnight delivery of a flat document in an envelope. FedEx was the only option. Today, after driving 3 hours last night to accept my overnight FedEx delivery, I was amazed to receive a text at 5:32 pm that an attempt was made to deliver and no one was home. I woke up at home this morning! I stayed home all day and watched the tracking info on my pc. I was home!!!? Please note that this package required a signature. No one used the intercom system, rang my bell or called me. No one tagged the door, and when I immediately got down to the street there was no truck in sight. I live in a multi family building with an intercom system. FedEx has never rung my bell or delivered to my door. I live here 35 years.

Each day when I arrive home I walk past numerous FedEx packages under the mailboxes in our lobby. Sometimes they have been delivered to the wrong building. Whenever I shop I request USPS or UPS. FedEx always disappoints. USPS is a federal agency, and it is a federal offense to mess with their deliveries. Signature required is when they take it to your door unless your mailman is a sweetheart and brings it and rings it for you. Our UPS guy always delivers to the door signature required or not. With both of those carriers you can pick up locally if for some reason they cannot deliver. FedEx requires you pick up at JFK airport. Good Luck with that! FedEx always disappoints???? Overnight delivery? NOT!!!

Original review: June 19, 2019

I ship FedEx everyday. They are as reliable as it comes. Their website is a pleasure. The wait times to speak with a human are short. Every experience with other carriers confirms FedEx is the best. The 3 things you need to know about shipping: go FedEx, go FedEx, go FedEx.

Original review: June 19, 2019

FedEx has managed to misdeliver my package AGAIN! I have called to locate my packages and I get their customer service who can't seem to comprehend that my package is sitting at somebody else's house! I do the usual check - front porch, side porch, backyard, garage, and nope, no package. No notice, nothing. Last time, my wonderful fresh flowers were delivered somewhere else and 3 days later, it shows up at my front door, box upside down.... As result, my flowers were dry and wilted. THANKS FEDEX!!! I now have a package from Wayfair that FedEx supposedly left at my front door. Definitely not at my front door. In the last 3 months, FedEx has misdelivered 3 times. Their batting average is 1 for 4. Oh and no apologies from FedEx.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I ordered from a meal delivery company with delivery set for Monday. Status showed it was on the truck for delivery but then in the evening said no attempt was made and they rescheduled for following day. AGAIN it was on the truck for delivery and might I add they delivered my printer ink but no food and again in the evening it shows “scheduled delivery pending”. Don’t they know fresh food needs to be delivered within a certain time frame? They certainly can’t miss the name on box. Pretty incompetent...This isn’t the first time they’ve out of the blue rescheduled delivery that had nothing to do with weather.

Original review: June 18, 2019

On a rare occasion we receive a package on time with no issues from FEDEX. Unfortunately more often there are issues with the delivery our purchases. The most recent one is when the package was scanned showing package was on the van and then at 8 pm it showed that they didn't attempt a delivery. When I called about it, I was told it was never put on the van, but it would be delivered today.

Another time, my husband ordered a large tool. The terminal manager called to ask about delivery and my husband explained our road and said an 18 wheeler could not turn around on our road. He said he would put it in a panel truck and eventually the driver called (of an 18 wheeler) and asked my husband to meet her for delivery? We were left to get a five hundred pound saw off our truck. Not sure what would have happened if we didn't own a truck. The problems go on and on. I could count on FEDEX for timely deliveries and good customer service, unfortunately those days seem to be gone.

Original review: June 17, 2019

The customer service agents with FedEx are very poor in skills. They are not knowledgeable with information dissemination. I shipped a package to Africa and firstly I was not informed of the likelihood of me paying additional custom duties aside the money that was paid to FedEx. Fine, I know FedEx does not control or regulate international countries custom duties and taxes. The worst of it all was instead of the agents to apologize and take responsibility of not informing the customers on the issue, they kept reading scripts.

Moreso, even the tracking wasn't updated. When I track the package it was still showing information of 48 hours before the time. No one called the recipient or sender to inform them of the duties, issues or what amount needed to be paid. FedEx just dropped the package and that's it. I called to ask after waiting 48 hours about the custom & tax amount and no one has the information, but all they kept saying is it's not their fault. So, which means FedEx in USA is different from FedEx in all other part of the world.

It is really pathetic that FedEx that one thing from the outside glare might be a good company was a very dirty and unregulated company with low standard. Their rep are not knowledgeable enough and all lack listening skill which is the most important skill in customer service. I will never ever patronize FedEx again and I am on a campaign for people to stop using FedEx.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Urgent package needed to be picked up at residence address on Friday and shipped overnight to client with a Monday delivery. Scheduled pickup early in the day on Friday, assured it would be picked up by 5:00 and driver would bring the shipping label. I called a few hours later to make sure the pick-up would happen, and gave my pickup confirmation number and was told the pickup had been canceled. (!!!!) I did not cancel it. I set the pick-up all over again, talking to an agent and making sure the pickup would happen. Since this was urgent, I was very nervous about whether it would be picked up on time. I spoke with the Dispatcher of the local pick-up area and he told me it would be picked up by 5:00 and driver would have the label with him. THE PICKUP DIDN'T HAPPEN.

I found out at 530 that the pickup never happened and called FedEx and they told me they would pick up on Monday. Unacceptable since package had to be in NY on Monday (pickup was in California). I had to demand a supervisor since the customer service agent only apologized and said they would pick up on Monday. Finally, I get a supervisor who told me the package would be picked up on Saturday. I asked if the driver would bring the shipping label, since the package did not have a label. He put me on hold while he talked to the local dispatcher again, and came back and told me yes the driver had the label (I verified the information/destination of the label with him and he said they would bring it with them) and pick up the package on Saturday.

I was relieved, thinking the package would actually make it on time after all. But, guess what happened on Saturday? The driver arrives to pick up the package, doesn't bring the label, knows nothing about the label, and doesn't take the package. I find out again too late to get the package picked up. I called at 3:30 local time and they said no one could pick up the package that late. Of course, I can't have any other service get out there that day either by that time. FEDEX completely blew it. Now I had to disappoint MY CUSTOMER because YOU didn't do your job.

You have two jobs: Pick Up Packages and Deliver Packages. That is supposed to be what you do. I have no idea how you could have screwed this up over and over again on a simple pickup. I can't believe I have to disappoint my customer because you completely are incapable of doing the one thing you're supposed to do: Pick up a package. I spoke with FedEx again Saturday and asked if I should really trust them a third time to pick up this package. The answer is: No. Now I have to tell my customer it will be late but will be there Tuesday. I cannot expect that FedEx can come through and actually do it. I have scheduled UPS to come out and pick up the package.

I cannot believe how bad this is. I cannot believe that you could mishandle an easy job so badly that it has impacted MY COMPANY PERFORMANCE with an important customer. I cannot believe that a company can be THIS BAD at what they are supposed to do millions of times a month: pick up and deliver packages. That's all you have to do. That's the one thing you proved incapable of doing for me. I spent about 5 hours on the phone with FedEx between Friday and Saturday to ensure this pickup happened. I did everything I could possibly do. You cost me a customer. You cost me a potential bad review that will haunt my business on social media for years to come. YOU BLEW IT AND I AM REALLY REALLY ANGRY.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Their service is terrible. I paid extra for shipping and it doesn't arrive early and when I contacted them I got no reply. My packages never arrive on time. USPS is exponentially better! They need to step up everything.

Original review: June 13, 2019

As the recipient of a heavy item that WAS DROPPED BY FEDEX, I filed a claim. For 5 weeks they kept asking for more information, pics, and a seller waiver of claim, documentation, and more pics. The item was packed at a FedEx Office location, but ultimately FedEx Cargo Claims denied that and denied the claim. I am certain that the mission of FedEx Cargo Claims is to deny any and all claims. DO NOT SHIP ANY HEAVY ITEMS WITH FEDEX. Time after time, they have damaged heavy items. In the last month they have damaged two heavy items I ordered. Even USPS is better. If you have a heavy item, find another carrier.

Original review: June 13, 2019

It took 3 days to sign up for delivery manager, it took 10 minutes to finalize signing up online. Then the information is either incorrect or the same as without the delivery manager. Customer service didn’t care, said it only really works with express shipments. So it’s useless with home or ground deliveries.

Original review: June 13, 2019

So I ordered Yeezy sneakers from Yeezy.com. Although the package has no signature required, the driver didn't have snuff sense to take it back on the truck! Instead he leaves it right on a busy street in front of a gated residence. He claims to have just left it there but there were witnesses outside who asked to take the package and he ignored them. I think he stole it and I think that if a driver can leave a package anywhere because of no signature then that policy sucks and should be changed! The driver should know if it's a busy street don't leave it on the floor. I never have this problem with USPS.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I sent a VERY important letter to a LAW firm pertaining to payment. Sent on Friday next day to make sure they have it by Monday. It's Thursday and the letter is in JERSEY!!! The destination was 4 miles from the FedEx office in Orlando!!!! I made numerous phone calls. People hanging up on me, People being unsympathetic that this is urgent. I WILL NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!

Original review: June 12, 2019

Absolutely horrendous customer service for lost packages. Took 4 business days and 5 customer service representatives later prior to a case manager to be assigned to the shipment. No compensation or expedited services was provided for the lost shipment. Absolutely will never use Fedex again.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Package was to be shipped to SC. Tracking stated it left Georgia, went to California where it stayed a few days, then shipped back to Georgia, then I get a message saying it will arrive at least a day late due to WEATHER! The weather's fine. To go from Georgia to California and back to Georgia to get to South Carolina is ridiculous. Not happy at all.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I have had nothing but bad experience's with FedEx. They keep pushing back delivery dates. Bad customer service, and what really irritates me is I ordered some merchandise from a company and paid for overnight shipping, the package didn't arrive until a week later, and FedEx didn't even bother about asking me if I wanted a refund. They're a terrible shipping company and the customer service is lame also. If you can avoid them, please do. You won't regret avoiding them believe me.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I shipped an important document to Germany from the USA using FedEx International priority service a month ago. The package got lost. I had to spend several hours over the phone with FedEx to find out whether the package was lost. Their customer service is terrible. I paid $69.00 to ship the package with them. I have not got the money back yet. The interesting thing is they charged me $85.00 again two days back for the same shipment. I called their billing department and they said they charged again because the shipping charge has been adjusted because of the delivery address. This is simply ridiculous!!! They adjusted the shipment charge of a lost package!!! They asked me to contact my credit card company to dispute the charge. They can't reimburse the money. NEVER EVER use FedEx again.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I am a purchasing agent for a large retail floral company. I use FedEx often. It seems now at least weekly Fedex has a mis-sort or some bogus reason for not delivering my fresh flowers on time. Express service is very expensive and I find myself needing credit way too often. I call, I go through the prompts on the phone and eventually I get to speak to a human and at least they are honest with me and cordial but there is never any resolution. I can't even file a claim right away. I have to wait for the shipment to be billed to my account first and that generally takes a week to ten days. Thinking UPS is sounding better and better.

Original review: June 11, 2019

They did not deliver on time and made me waste an hour and a half to pick up something that WASN’T EVEN THERE!! Then they were acting like it was my fault! Like it was my fault I showed up on time?!?! They continued to do this to me and continued to rip me of my money, so now I only use UPS.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I received an erroneous notification today that my package, containing $250 worth of stuff in it, had been delivered. That was not the case, as I heard that FedEx had been at my apartment, but didn't even bother to buzz my door, let alone leave a door tag. Now thanks to them, I have a case number and that'll take days. Thanks for screwing up my day and order, FedEx!???

Original review: June 8, 2019

They have my package locally and refuse to let me pick it up until it’s delivered Monday. I will never do business anymore with anyone that chooses to do business with this delivery service. I think it’s a load of crap. I have to wait until Monday to get my Fitbit when it’s literally right down the road. UPS or post office would’ve delivered it today. They’re also notorious for saying it will be delivered one day and it show up later that week. I can’t wait until Fedex goes out of business. They suck!

Fedex expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

• Best for: FedEx is best for individuals and businesses that need to ship items fast.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs