FedEx

FedEx

3.5/5 (2530 ratings)

About FedEx

FedEx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FedEx?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: June 25, 2022

I was to receive a package Thursday the 23rd, it never came. I was then told it would be here the 24th never came. Thursday I was lied to straight out to by customer service. So today is the 25th. I was informed I would have it by the 27th which is unacceptable. I was told it was going to be delivered today since I have been lied to and misinformed by their workers this whole time. The package has yet to come today. I was told it would be delivered today by FedEx customer service supervisor. Worst company that ever dealt with. I would give this a zero if I could on the review. They need to be shut down or bought out by UPS. Their tracking is unreliable. It gives you no real information. They're just lousy all way around. Terrible company, dependable, untrustworthy. If you want to horrible experience use them. If you don't do not use FedEx. This is my third review since the 24th because of all the lies and run around I have been given.

Original review: June 25, 2022

If I could give a negative 10, I would. I will never use FedEx again. I have a small business on Etsy, and because of the size of my item, it was necessary for me to use Fed Ex. I shipped the item in a FedEx golf box on June 3, 2022, dropping it off at the Ventura Ca, facility on Colt St. on route to Woodacre Ca approx. 375 miles, costing me $111.00 plus box & packing materials.

Fed Ex has no idea where my customer's package is, and to add insult to injury, their tracking system is worthless, For example; 1) The tracking # shows the package shipped from Brooklyn, NY, not Ventura, California. 2) The customer service, appears to be outsourced because they are unaware of U.S. geography (thousands of miles separate California and New York). 3) The tracking site showed the package as delivered to the P.O. in Woodacre on the 18th, then on the 13th, then the 9th, then the 7th, now I’m told the package is perhaps in the FedEx facility in Tracey California, but I must file a claim to be sure or have any search done. For a claim number … 4) You are given 21 days to file a claim, and you should be able to follow the link to file online… but the link is broken (I tried 3 different browsers) leaving the only option 1) print 2) mail 3) or fax, which would be fine, if someone would give you the fax number … they won’t.

5) I was able to speak with a representative of the USPS Immediately, and file a claim on the phone with the representative, the next morning I received a call from the Woodacre postmaster, informing me that my package had never been delivered to Woodacre (1,400 population, very small town), she has since updated me and my client daily. I cannot even call FedEx in Tracey. 6) I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, but I was horrified to see 15,000 + complaints and 1-star ratings, very similar to mine. 7) As a small business this is particularly difficult, not only must I refund my customer, I am taking a loss on shipping and I have no idea if my property will ever be found and returned, even if I am able to file a claim, FedEx has a very poor track record on refunding or taking responsibility for their mistakes, according to their BBB reviews and all others.

8) I will keep posting my nightmare experience, and warning every other small business, because despite FedEx customer service rep's belief, most small businesses do not have 'shipping and production managers’ to handle these issues, and Etsy does not involve itself, they only supply the group discount if labels are bought through them.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2022

I tried to file a claim which they made extremely challenging. The website is very hard to access what you want on it, they send you damaged packages AND they have the nerve to redirect you to this up useful inept site when you try to get on the phone with “customer service”!!!! A ** joke! Be more careful when you deliver packages. Da*n.

Original review: June 25, 2022

I have video footage of not only my lobby area, but the street outside. I waited for the package that was "On the truck for delivery" until I saw at 4:26pm, "Customer Not Available or Business Closed. Recommended action: Delivery will be re-attempted the next business day." I watched two hours of video. A FedEx truck never came to my location. If a retail company dealing with EVERYTHING from groceries to medicine can let you track your parcels "10 stops away," why can't a parcel delivery company?

Original review: June 24, 2022

I placed an order from Saks, signature required. I received a notice at 11:20am saying that the item was delivered at 11:07am, I don't know where because I was home at the time of the supposed delivery, I didn't sign for my package. I immediately went downstairs, I live in a big complex, there was no FedEx truck outside. Called Fedex and filed a claim, I’m still waiting for someone to give me a call. Worst service ever, this is happening quite often. The package was supposedly signed by UTVN, but no proof of an actual signature in their file. This is a shame!!

Original review: June 22, 2022

First off they double charged me for a delivery and they said they refunded me but I never received it, they told me that the problem is on my end, I tried to tell them that if you send a refund we will receive it but my BIGGEST problem with them is I sent a package out, only to a place three hours away from me, and it was suppose to be delivered the next day and it wasn't or the day after that or the day after that but on the fourth day. My customer took off to be at home and the delivery driver pulled up in his yard and turned around, didn't even get out of his truck, and left, my customer tried to stop him but couldn't. So we both called in to make complaint. My customer even told FedEx to come out and look at his cameras but they wouldn't. This went on for 10 days the driver saying he couldn't deliver it but again my customer looked at his cameras and again no FedEx driver to be seen even trying.

So during my calls to them they assured me that I wouldn't be charged for the package but they did charge me. After several calls to them yet again they told me that they would not be refunding me for the package. And their customer service reps. are some of the unfriendliest I've ever run across. When you ask to speak to a manager and they refuse to let you and if you open a dispute with them and someone is suppose to call you within 24 hours but you never get a phone call or email from them, this happened three times to me. I will never ever use FedEx again and I told all my distributors not to use them when they ship anything to me. If I could rate them a negative I would. Use anyone but FedEx.

Original review: June 21, 2022

If I could give zero star I would! Fedex is the worst delivery ever, they lose packages and deliver packages to incorrect addresses! Customer services agents are also clueless and no help! I'm going to stick with Amazon delivery!!

Original review: June 20, 2022

They hang up on you to keep from answering questions. They damage your stuff and act like it's not a big deal. They refuse to let you speak to supervisors. They have been holding my package for 3 days.

Original review: June 19, 2022

Fedex delivery is very untrustworthy!!! I always received an email that my package was already delivered, when I check the tracking at the fedex website it says delivered at the front door BUT IT'S NOT TRUE. IT HAPPENED TO ME 4 TIMES!!! I DON'T TRUST FEDEX ANYMORE!!!!

Original review: June 18, 2022

FEDEX has to be the worse shipping company ever. On more than one occasion, they have sent me notice of package being delivered when it was not. I received notice of a package delivery yesterday at 4:45pm. It was not. Getting to a real person in customer service is almost impossible. The shipper says FEDEX is telling them the delivery date is today. The post office is a much better shipper than FEDEX. In the future if I order something that has to be shipped, I'll not buy from anyone that uses FEDEX.

Fedex author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

FedEx Company Information