2. Moving

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5
Based on 2,714 ratings submitted in the last year

FedEx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FedEx?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Gained a change in venue rather unexpectedly late in the '19 stanza and frankly a little gun shy with what I might be in for at the new zip code in terms of package receipt and general services. Disabled, single seventy year old guy blah blah so any co. that makes it just a little bit easier for me is a welcome plus. Located in SWFL, I'm frankly in awe of how these guys even fulfill their duties with ground temps in excess of 100 degrees most of the year too. My FedeX guy is so fast between the knock on the door and my getting to it that he's back in his truck like Santa on his sleigh... Caught up with him err almost on Labor Day W/E with a Sunday delivery no less. Told him how much I appreciated him from the walkway and he returned the greeting in kind. Best customer service I have seen or heard in a good long while...

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

FedEx is the only shipping company that actually brings my packages to my door or leaves them on my covered glider swing on my large deck, the others will just toss them from the ground up unto my deck from the bottom of the steps of the deck and leave them in the elements. One FedEx delivery person had to deliver a queen size futon and it was extremely heavy and awkward but the poor fellow didn't complain and he did manage to get it into my home without incident. I told him I felt bad and he said, "That's my job." FedEx goes out of their way to deliver on time and leave items in a safe place with care.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

FedEx usually does a pretty good job. My last two packages came a couple of days earlier than I had been told. Not a problem if I was going to be home. I wasn’t for one and received a text saying my package had been left at or near my mailbox. That was a Saturday. I was expecting the package on Tuesday and wouldn’t be home until late Sunday. It was raining and I didn’t want my package ruined. Our mailbox is approximately 40 yards from the house. Luckily when I returned home the package had been stuffed into the mailbox. Not ideal but it was okay. Wish they would have told me it was coming early.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I ordered a very important package that needed to be handled with care as it was very expensive almost 2 thousand dollars. The FedEx driver delivered it on a day where the weather was horrible. Not his fault of course. He double bagged my package in to giant plastic bags, tied the ends of the bags and he was not satisfied with just that since he didn't think that would keep it dry since the wind was also blowing very hard. He took my recycle bin that was outside and placed it over the bagged packages and then also grabbed a piece of a cinder block of concrete and placed it on top of the recycle bin. After that he wrote a note and placed the note inside my storm door telling me where my package was and why he did that. He wanted to make sure it didn't get wet, destroyed or stolen and I certainly appreciated the job he did and continues to do.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Fed Ex has better rates for my needs than UPS by far. USPS is better for lighter weight items, but overall I like Fex Ex for ground shipping. The drivers that deliver to me are pretty nice. I have asked them to leave my items in a certain spot at my home and they have done so. Some drivers a little more conscious than others, but never had something thrown over our fence. On the other hand, a few items I have shipped have been destroyed when they got to the final destination and I have had to file a claim. They have always been good about paying the claims in a good time frame. I will continue to use them for future shipping.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

For such a large company you would think they would have better customer service and be more attentive towards their customers. I shipped several packages and they are MIA, charged double, triple the amount after sending the packages, or broken. I have tried to get in contact with them to resolve this issue, but they either avoid me or dismiss it altogether. An example of the overcharges is I shipped a flat-screen TV from another company. I had no overcharges, no surprise charges and my TV came in one piece. Wish I would have found this company way before FEDEX! I would never use this company again! They won't even try to make things right. This is a lot of stress, headache and time.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I would give a negative number if there was one! I have had freight left in the rain - middle of driveway - I am on an acre lot and the freight literally left 10 feet off the road (out of my sight) to be stolen - anywhere, EXCEPT my delivery location. I am on a very busy intersection and due to their carelessness my freight has been stolen and damaged! I have a safe place, they have been told - they do NOT care! I have told drivers where to leave the freight, I am ignored. I have asked drivers to have a supervisor call me - they do not. I am a business that closes at 330pm and they come at 9pm. I filed a theft claim and Rebeca ** called me and made all sorts of promises - NOTHING! You cannot reach corporate since no one at this level cares...I have told vendors to stop using them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I have read others complaint against FedEx and realized that I am not the only one dissatisfied with their service. I am new to FedEx, just opened an account in November 2020 as a small business owner. The sales rep assured me that I would never have any problems unlike with the post office and guaranteed delivery of my packages on time. My items are all perishable and I pay to sent everything overnight. I ended up spending $1,479 in shipping. I have 3 packages that were to be delivered overnight and they arrived late - i.e., one arrived 2 days late, the other arrived 3 days late, and the third one arrived 5 days late. Of course the customers had to discard the items because they could no longer eat them; otherwise, they would be sick. So I had to send the customers a new order at no cost to them.

I called FedEx to complain and of course it took forever to get to a customer service person only to be told that they are not issuing refunds for shipping because of COVID-19 - their pretext to not pay for late delivery??? What does COVID have to do with late delivery??? When I asked about reimbursement of content (since that is supposed to be insured) I got a "well, that is up to the claims department". So I was transferred to claims only to be told to file and "see if they decide to reimburse". I asked for a supervisor because spending $1,479 as a small business is a lot of money to spend with FedEx on shipping to receive such poor customer service.

I filed the claim in December and called today to get a status only for the customer service rep to state "I don't know what they told you to file a claim since we do not reimburse for perishable items" WTH!** This time they did not use COVID as an excuse. Just straight up we do not reimburse for perishable. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that there is no supervisor to talk to. That they can transfer me to customer advocate but they "don't know anything about the claims department". I have closed my account and WILL NEVER use FedEx ever again. I will return to using the postal service - they may take a little longer but they do reimburse both the shipping and content cost!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I sent an important document from Montreal Quebec Canada to my uncle who stays in Veraval Gujarat India. Though Veraval is a small town in India that's why I double checked with Fedex if they will be able to deliver at Veraval or not. They verified and gave surety that they will deliver to Veraval within 5 days and we paid CAD $145 (Indian rupees 8366.86). On the 5th day my Uncle had received a call from Rajkot Fedex office which is the nearest town from Veraval that Fedex India will send that document to Veraval after 15 days from that 5th day. We filed a complaint to Fedex India, they given an alternate approach that if we give an alternate address of Rajkot instead of Veraval which I was not advised when I sent that document. It's their responsibility to deliver that document on time if they are charging us a very good money. Leave it...

I as a sender and our Uncle as a receiver both sent an email to deliver that document at the alternate address and guess what within 3 days they delivered that document to Veraval without any further argument. This is completely ridiculous and complete waste of time. If it was possible to deliver that document to Veraval why they argued with us at the first place. Don't trust Fedex.

Resolution response: Jan. 18, 2021

Per my report here yesterday, my box finally, actually arrived (fortunately I was home for the necessary signature *done by driver*) on the 18th- despite emails informing for the 19th. They're a bit of a mess, for w/e reasons, but mostly they still come through... eventually.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

After getting emails for one delivery (requiring my presence to sign for) on 1/14, & then again for 1/15 (delayed), & then again for 1/16, finally, today's the day!! - 1/17 & I was definitely standing by- & right inside near the door the whole time. Instead, I got another email around 12:30pm- "attempted delivery/wasn't home". Yet NO knock, NO ring, & NO tag left on door. That alone is disturbing, but the driver of previous deliveries has been a rude sort, too. Recently catching him leaving with my box before I could get the door, I called out apologising, "I'm so glad I caught you!" "I'm glad to get rid of it." He snorted back.

Now, more conflicting e-m's: "Del. again next day (Mon. 18th)", then another comes- "Del. next business day (19th)", Why are we skipping a day?! I've never had any problems with all the other services, but after reading here about a lot of other fabricated FE deliveries, I wanted to add this. And yeah, FedEx won't be easy to file a complaint with. Their Virtual Assistant is also no help at all re this mess.

Fedex author review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team