FedEx

FedEx

1.1/5 (347 ratings)

About FedEx

FedEx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FedEx?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I want to comment on two FedEx employees working out of the Madison, AL depot and delivering to Huntsville downtown area. They are known as “Murphy” and a female known as “Twin.” I was desperately looking for the most important and single Christmas present for my son. Production was delayed at the factory, but it shipped out FedEx 2-day delivery. It made it from Colorado to Madison, AL, on Thursday morning. As I was about to leave the office in the afternoon, a FedEx delivery person who goes by “Twin” was in my building but didn’t have the package. I gave her the tracking number, and she took time from her hectic schedule on December 23rd to call the main office and see if she could find it. It wasn’t scheduled on any truck for some reason. I told her how important it was to get this before Christmas. She said she would check into it further when she got back to the office. I gave her my cell number.

I went home at three p.m. but left my outer office door open for delivery, though it was a ‘signature required’ delivery. I left a note with my name, hoping FedEx might come late, saying to leave the package and lock the outer door on the way out. I would have been off all day, today, Christmas Eve, but decided to go in about nine a.m. to wait until just afternoon when I had to leave to greet relatives arriving from out of town at 1 p.m.

When I was two minutes from my office, my cell phone rang, and it was “Twin,” saying she had located my package and had it in her hand. Her route wouldn’t be in town today, but she had the man, Murphy, standing beside her who said he’d deliver it when he left the terminal, about 10 a.m. I said that was great and would wait however long it took. Murphy arrived at 9:30, saying that since he knew how important it was to me, I was his first stop, and it was fortunate he knew I was waiting because they don’t stop at business buildings on Christmas Eve because virtually all offices are closed. He delivered it to me. I signed and shook his hand.

Thanks for the extraordinary effort and caring on these several workers, “Twin” in particular, I got the cherished package to give my son. It would be the only gift he’d receive on Christmas and was so much better than a photo of a similar expensive product and a promise for next week. I was told by another FedEx delivery person that they all got a ‘pep-talk’ today, Christmas Eve, to do all they could to complete all deliveries. I know sometimes package deliveries have problems, and people complain. That’s natural. But when some of the FedEx team go out of their way to make a customer happy by delivering in the ‘nick of time.’ I applaud this fine company, its management, and delivery drivers who make extra efforts that we sometimes never know about. This time, I did.

Original review: July 17, 2021

The online shipping process was somewhat confusing so the instructions could be made a little clearer and my shipment was delayed by one day. But I was shipping an African violet plant and it arrived safe and sound.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2021

The gentleman was so nice, all other delivery services from Australian Post are lazy and unreliable. In the pandemic they always force me out to take the goods even when I was sick. And as soon as they saw my face they would take off and drop the goods brutally right on the front door whilst my apartment is 5 meters walking in. So today when I heard he said Fed Ex delivery I expect him to be the same level of rudeness, and seeing a big box I know it was the order of iMac 27 inches from Apple. I was thinking to myself that’s it, I have to drag it in now. But he was so friendly and kind and brought all the way to inside of my house. People like this deserves a raise and recognition. Thank you, FedEx and the gentleman that was very helpful! 5 stars services!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I had a delivery on Sunday. Our driveway was snow covered and slippery. The driver called from his truck and said he didn't want to try the driveway but would walk the package up and leave it under our carport if that was ok. That was fine with me. I appreciated that he called and then took additional steps to deliver. UPS would never have done that. They won't even drive up in good weather. They leave packages along the road where it could be stolen. I just wanted to praise the driver and FedEx. I wish I knew his name. I have the phone number that he called from. It is **.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Once again Fedex let me down. Waiting several days for my new phone and on the scheduled delivery date they send me a message that they rescheduling the delivery day for tomorrow. I will start to avoid buying from companies that use Fedex as a carrier period. Every time I had issues with their service. 2 times I even had to go pick up my packages because I couldn't wait anymore. I'm soooo disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Bought golf balls in Germany. Sat at the Fedex depot for 3 weeks. Then sat at the Fedex depot in France for 3 weeks. Sat in Indianapolis for 2 weeks and delayed twice. 9 weeks late of the delivery date.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I've ordered 100s of items online and have them delivered and have used basically every delivery company in Canada. FedEx is consistently the absolute worst of those companies and it’s not close. Most recently I had to use FedEx and I paid for their express shipping so like $30 1-3 business days. We’re now on business day 4 and it’s not expected to arrive until after the weekend on Tuesday so that will be business day 6. Why am I paying extra just to have it delivered in double the time as a regular order. I typically always find the packaging looks like it’s been beat with a stick when FedEx drops it off, as I had ordered a desk about a month ago and the packaging was falling apart. This company is a joke it’s a shame we have no power to change anything.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Fedex is the worst company that I have ever dealt with any other company on the planet. It has been absolutely a disgusting, terrible and disgrace experience. In this company consistently bad experiences flow from top to bottom. I had many bad experiences with customer service agents for more than 10 days after calling many times and talking to many different agents. In this company, left hand does not know what right hand is doing. I even took the matter to senior management office and left many messages with Executive rep but she is completely ignorant. There is absolutely no accountability in this company and customer service is not a core value. There is definitely a lack of management and management is sleeping somewhere. I will never use Fedex in my life and would recommend anyone to use. Fedex may think that this company is too big to fail but will definitely fail one day. Shame on Fedex management.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Since the Castaway release emphasizing FedEx's intent to focus on the customer experience, they have gradually moved away from this concept to focus on their profits and outsourcing. U.S. Customer support outsourcing conflicts with cultural understanding, additionally, dedication to timely delivery and readily available information for the recipient is no longer emphasized.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I had a problem in the past with them leaving parcels in the lobby of the building. I am disabled and cannot carry heavier packages up the steps. I put a note in the FedEx system "manage account" feature adding delivery instructions that I am disabled and need packages brought to my apartment door. They continue to leave them downstairs. I called today after another 35lb package was left for me to try to figure out how to move, and was told that the shipper would need to request 'signature required' in order for them to do that. So if you are disabled, don't have anything shipped FedEx unless you want to have them pay for the additional service. Seems discriminatory that you have to purchase this additional service because you are disabled and cannot carry heavier packages up steps. This should not be legal!

Fedex author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

FedEx Company Information