FedEx

Compare Shipping Companies

Research top Shipping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

FedEx may be good for big business, but it's horrendous for small business. I scheduled a pickup, but the package was not picked up. When I called, the person said "sorry, it hadn't been "scheduled"." Fell through the cracks. I asked her how that could happen with an automated computer system, but got no answer. She then scheduled it, and it was picked up, for delivery the next day. When I tracked it, I found "No delivery date scheduled." Another call, and I was told that a "complaint number" had been initiated. Later, I got a call from the local distribution center, saying that the package was lost!!! Apparently the shipping label fell off, and no one could locate the box, even though I described it.

As I contemplated what to do, the package mysteriously showed up AT MY DOOR. Thank goodness, the package had a label from a prior shipment. No one, of course, had told the distribution center lady that was working with me. Every single FedEx employee, except the one kindly woman at the local distribution center, was surly, unhelpful, and obviously felt put out by my calls. And all I wanted was a simple shipment. Next day, I took the package to USPS, and it was mailed and delivered without incident. I would not use FedEx to send a roll of toilet paper across the street. No point writing to FedEx management. They do not give a damn about small business. While FedEx was once a great alternative to USPS, it is now the other way around. FedEx is a disgrace and a tragedy to American business. FedEx is the World's Worst.

I was supposed to receive my package on June 6th 2017. When I tracked the package, it showed "Refused by Recipient" and is being shipped back to the shipper. I called up FedEx customer support and asked them about the status. They claimed that it might be a mistake and promised that they'll make another delivery attempt. On June 7th 2017, when I tracked the package again, it still showed me the same status. So I called them again and got the same promise again. When I mentioned that I can go and pick it up, they said that the package is already out for delivery. I also asked them to leave the package at my door if no one answers and gave them my phone number to reach out in case of any issues.

On June 7th 2017 evening, when I reached home after work, I still haven't received my package. I called them once again and I was told that the package is on its way to the shipper and I will have to resolve this with the shipper. Upon repeating all the promises that they made, all I heard was a bunch of `sorry`. The package contained a gift I ordered for a friend and all I could do now is to feel helpless and disappointment on trusting the FedEx.

I just watched the FedEx guy throw my new furniture against my house and crack! They totally are the worst delivery company out there. He could not of been more reckless and obviously doesn't care about the work he does.

On May 23rd, a package from Walgreens was due to be delivered in the early evening. It rained all day and into the evening. The tracking post indicated a 6:11 pm delivery to my door, but there was no package. I called to have the package located. I did not hear back but later a neighbor notice a box by the street, unprotected. The neighbor brought the package to my door. Coincidentally, I noticed that UPS had delivered a package to my neighbor's door and placed the package in a plastic bag. I placed another call to FedEx and asked to speak to a manager. My basic question is: What is FedEx's policy regarding rainy days? Two weeks have passed; no call from management. Here's my brief conclusion: UPS cares enough to get the package to the consumer and out of harm's way, FedEx does not.

Well my package was due to be at my house on the 3rd and I went to go see if they may have dropped it off and when I got downstairs and the FedEx driver was driving off and did not leave a note on the door or call my house to find which apartment was mine. When I called FedEx about what happened they told me that they would make sure that I would get my package before the end of the night so I waited and nothing came. And the worst part is I paid for overnight shipping. FedEx is the worst.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

I am from Sydney, Australia. I stopped using FedEx a long time ago, they are really crap in Australia. I got far better service with UPS here. However I purchased a watch as a gift from the USA, I checked the shipping time before that. As I am leaving home to Melbourne the delivery time was so important for me. Unfortunately, the seller used FedEx to send the watch.

However, FedEx surprised me and the item was in local facility on time. I got a nice message about the shipping time. I was expecting 6 package altogether that day, all signature required. So, I was at home all the time, actually we were 3 people at home. I saw the driver on the way in FedEx tracking. But, I was surprised again when at 11:50 pm the tracking showed me that, "I am not at home" and they attempted a delivery.

My home is in the inner city, on a quiet neighbourhood. This is a small wooden house next to wide road. Moreover, I signed another package at just 11:30 from Toll shipping service. We never left the house for a single second. But the Fedex driver claimed that he came and nobody was at home. But I guess he forgot to leave the shipping note as there was none.

I called Fedex and explain everything, the person from the service took nearly 30 minutes and came up a solution that the driver is coming back to my house by 40-45 minutes. So, I wait wait wait. But that never happened. It was Friday, so now they are telling me that they cannot do anything about this. The FedEx customer service even refused to give me any kind of explanation. They gave me a option to pick that up from the depot. Or they can try to ship Next business day (Monday), when I will be on road to Melbourne. But I am looking for an explanation. Really disappointed by the lying. It's a shame for such a big company or the biggest liar.

On May 12th, I went to FedEx to send a package from Miami to Chile, and one of its contents was a makeup foundation. So I asked the man who attended me if there was any restriction on sending cosmetic products to Chile, to which he answered me that there wasn't any problem at all, and that the package should be arriving to its destination on Monday the 15th at 6 pm. But so big was my surprise when I hear that instead of delivering the package, Fedex left a note saying that they regret to inform that the package was being held because (cosmetics) needs a special permits (authorization) from the Chilean Ministry of Health to get into the country (because it is a restricted product) additionally to have to pay multas.

After that I contacted an Aduana agent who informed me that Fedex knows the aduana's rules of entry and that they know what kind of products can entry and which have problems of retention. Afterwards, I sent emails to Customer Services Support complaining about the situation and demanding them to recover the package and delivered to me without extra cost due to the mistake was from their side. For that they took more than a week to answer me that they were not responsible for the retention and that the only solution was to pay them again a re-delivery for the package (Chile to Miami) for that I refused, but it was in vain because I didn't get any good answer from them... It is pay or lose my package. All and all, the only thing I can say after this sour experience is that Fedex is an unreliable company, expensive and horrible customer support.

One more terrible review for Fedex. I was home all day, hovering by the door, but still they claim no one was home so they couldn't deliver the package. Customer service was useless. Apparently no one works at the distribution center where my package was shipped from, so they couldn't get in touch with ANYONE who would know about my parcel's status. Still, they tell me that my package will most assuredly be delivered before 2 PM the next day. 3 PM rolls around, package is "on FedEx vehicle for delivery". Once again, customer service is unable to contact the distribution facility or the driver, despite multiple calls. Guess I'm just out hundreds of dollars then? Is this an actual company or a complex, international scam?

When I received my package it wasnt delivered on time. This was last week. 3 days later called the cust service lines and was given the runaround. I wont use them again. Was a lot of money and saved using the USPS. Same services lower rates.

I had requested a package that was due for delivery to be re-routed to my work address for it required a signature. I paid $5 and received confirmation that my package would be delivered as expected. I then began receiving notifications that my package was in route and on schedule and to be sure to that someone was going to be there to sign. On the day it was due to be delivered I received the same confirmation that morning, however the second notification was to notify me that my package was not able to be delivered because the business was closed and a tag was left on the door. I was mortified! My office was clearly not closed and FedEx never made any attempt to deliver there.

When calling FedEx customer service I was advised that they attempted to deliver at my original address and that it takes 24 to 48 hours for the system to re-direct a address change. I requested the address change 30 something hours prior but asked, "why did I receive at least 10 notifications that my package was on its way to the address I had requested." The FedEx representative advised me that "had I read the manual I would have understood their terms". I couldn't believe what I was hearing! So before you work with FedEx make sure you request their manual! Looking forward to working with the drones.

FedEx updated one address and managed to screw up the delivery 7 times, unable to deliver and instead of taking responsibility for the issue said it was our fault. Though we had been repeatedly telling them the exact same information. There was no offer to expedite or to provide an alternative, instead each and every agent of the half a dozen or so had the same dismissive attitude and could care less that they had made mistakes or delayed us. The issue is still yet to be resolved and at this point, I have a hard time believing they will actually deliver it.

I have called since 7:00am to confirm that package would be picked up. I stayed home only for the driver never to show-up. I have called every hour on the hour only to get the runaround. I am so disgusted by their lack of service. I even confronted a driver delivering a package to my neighbor and he refused to take my package. This is insane. The level of runaround is crazy.

If you are using Bodybuilding.com to order your products, please do not use FedEx. Here are the reasons why? If you are getting discounted products from the website, while paying the customs in your country they will use the full value and calculate the customs on that. FedEx representative will not contest with Customs person on your behalf and you will end up paying more. There are a lot of additional handling charges by FedEx which will be required to pay along with Customs charges. If you are living in a non-metro city, FedEx might come back and ask you to send few additional documents to deliver the product in your state and believe me that is a lot of work. As you know how Sarkari things work. The final option will be for you to go to FedEx main warehouse and pick it up yourself. In nut-shell, you will end up waiting for over a month, will pay extra and a lot of pains in follow up. Not worth it.

I have called and spoke with multiple people day after day in regards to a volume freight shipment and have been lied to over and over about where the shipment is. Worst shipper ever and customer service is beyond the poorest with this company. Do yourself a favor and avoid them like the plague.

The worst customer service! They lost my package. I tried to call 10 times. Every time they have a different excuse. They said, there are no guarantees for international services. So sad I did not know that before.

I shipped my package on Friday, May 19th, 2017. I knew that they wouldn't pick my package up from the drop-box over weekend, so I waited for the weekend. I called FedEx customer support on May 22nd about not being able to track my package and they said, "Give it a night, try again in the morning." After then, I called them twice a day to know about my package and all the time they get away with excuses. I've never been treated like this. Nevertheless, the package was containing $1030 worth of a laptop and $130 worth of warranty card. I am a college student. And I cannot afford this loss, and I was returning this package to the company where I bought from.

Whenever I call FedEx, they'll lure me into filing a case and give me case number. They did it twice and first time, the representative messed up so it turned out I was wrong. The second time, I was expecting call from them in 2 hours and it's been four full days. FedEx is the worst company ever to respond to their customer. I'm never using it again. And my issue is still not resolved. Any suggestion FedEx? Wait you're not reading it, you're scrolling through it. Right?

I ordered a mattress from Walmart.com to be express delivered to my home because I was moving. I ordered the mattress on Wednesday and it was suppose to be delivered Friday, with Walmart's 2-day shipping and plus express shipping. As I was tracking my package with FedEx it said that it would not be delivered until Tuesday the following week. I have never ordered anything from Walmart.com before. Once I saw that my mattress would not be delivered until Tuesday I became furious! Why on earth would I pay express shipping to have my package delivered almost a week later. I usually order through Amazon.com and I never have an issue with the delivery. I would not recommend FedEx delivery to anyone. Never again do I want anything ship with FedEx. I was highly disappointed.

FedEx has a lack of quick expedited complaint service when a claim or taking responsible action when they lose a parcel by guessing when they had re-boxed it and sent it to another corporate giant Whirlpool Corporation, which they also didn't care either from what I was told. I have insurance on this 130-lb box that vanished from screen on April 27th, 2017, enroute to Chicago hub. Tracking info **, it's now May 28, 2017, and I get a weekend cookie cutter response (still under review), with I'm sure no follow up, I also left Fred Smith the CEO a message, he likes to hear from us so said, let's see where this one goes.

No one seems to care from what I've been thru and it scares me to read how FedEx tries to get out of taking care of claims also on this site. I'm out 3000.00 in retails profits from what was lost by FedEx, and had put 1000.00 insurance on it, additional information has been sent a week ago, all I get is still under review. REALLY, pay the claim for what was handled/lost/re-boxed by FedEx and then shipped to wrong people (Whirlpool Corporation) because the product where it originally came from Whirlpool (can you imagine that). Wow, still under review mind you!! Get real humans to help out, not a lousy recorded program that impossible to deal with.

I forgot my phone at home when I went on vacay to Cancun Mexico. I had it shipped down to me, two day delivery for $97.16. It was finally delivered in 7 days, just after I checked out for my flight home. My phone is still sitting in the Cancun office. Dozens of phone calls and emails to their rude, dishonest, incompetent customer service team has gotten me nowhere, I sit and wait. One woman even had the nerve to tell me I had to pay to get it shipped back to my home. I'm an idiot for making two mistakes, 1) for forgetting my phone in the first place, 2) for having it shipped by FedEx. FEDEX SUCKS!

I ordered my daughter's birthday present from Amazon. Amazon is amazing... However if it does not ship UPS and comes by FEDEX there is a problem every time with the delivery. I checked my tracking # today and it was out for delivery to my house so I rechecked the delivery online at 4 and it said my package was undeliverable because I didn't add my apt #... I live in a house! So when I called FEDEX they said it would be here by 8 pm today and they apologized. Nope didn't show up at 8 pm either! So then I called back to FEDEX CUSTOMER SERVICE and the lady said it wouldn't come until Wednesday now. I asked why and the answer was "Your package was probably the only one going so far out into the country where you live so the driver was probably too lazy to come out there considering it's a holiday weekend and they wanted to get off work early... There is really no excuse I could make for you ma'am, sorry"

I mean thanks for your honesty but the driver ruined my daughter's 10th birthday because of their laziness. I have all future packages arriving by UPS (per Amazon helping me with my other orders that are to be delivered next week by FedEx and that wonderful woman helped me changed delivery options to UPS)... I paid extra $ to have this package by TODAY and FEDEX couldn't get it done. Great job guys... My 10 year old daughter and I thank you so much... Makes me sick that people at FEDEX get paid for being liars and lazy. To the driver... I hope you have a great weekend because my daughter was in tears because of you! And calling FEDEX... POINTLESS!!! They do nothing to help at all. INCREDIBLE DISAPPOINTMENT WITH FEDEX!!!

I am in the middle of a delivery nightmare. I had a package due to arrive on Wednesday. Although there are three adults here and we were expecting a package, we all miss the door bell. The door tag number was not registered with FedEx but after a phone call with tracking number I was told it would be delivered Thursday. We all had door duty --- but the package was returned to the hub undelivered -- same story Friday -- same story Saturday. After numerous calls I was told they were sorry over and over again. Now I am told they will open a case and get back to me next Wednesday. Really!!! How can they stay in business. They are expensive and slow. Many of my FedEx shipments are send to my local post office and then delivered by USPS.

I ordered something from Signals 5/15/17. I hit the tracking button and Fedex says my package will arrive on 5/23/17. I think, perfect! That's my Dad's birthday and his gift was in this package. Anyway, nothing arrives on 5/23/17 and tracking now says I'll get it 5/26/17. Nothing arrives this date either. I check FedEx tracking and the package arrived in CA where I live on 5/20/17 and then it goes back to other states and landing in OH where it was originally ordered. I call FedEx and they say it's on its way back to CA. For some reason they can't tell me why it didn't stay in CA since it's already been here once. Makes no damn sense!!! Anyways, I'll never order from Signals again or use FedEx. I won't even go into a FedEx store. They'll have to drag my cold dead body to that place.

Ordered a package off of Etsy which was sent via FedEx. Fedex cleared the package through customs and billed me for $15.96 without my consent or authorization. I received a few letters saying I owed them money but didn't deal with it right away. I recently received a collections notice from NCO Financial Services Inc telling me I am in collections from Fedex for a charge I have never authorized and my credit score has been greatly affected. Further packages delivered through Fedex are extremely difficult to collect. They only deliver 9am-5am Monday-Friday and their stores are only open to 6PM. Like most people I work so to even pick up my package I have to take time off of work. Will never ordered anything through them again.

I run a photography business and needed to order new light reflectors. The FedEx shipping site said it would arrive 5/24/2017. FedEx tracking has had my package in one location for 4 days! So I called today to see if they could find my package. First they told me I should check USPS for information. Well USPS has no record on my package. I called FedEx back. They promised me that I would get my reflectors when the mail came.

Bills and a coupon for sushi but no FedEx package. So I called again. Then they tell me that they have lost my package! But it would be found today or tomorrow. Left a review on their site. Someone got a hold of me and I explained the situation. They said they to would look for my package. Then I get an email saying that they will call me in 3-5 days if they find it! Now I have to refund a couple $800 dollars, lose a customer and future customers because FedEx could not do their job. If my business goes under because of this I fully intend to sue.

The delivery of medication was arranged by the pharmacy to arrive today and be left at a designated place at my address. Around 1:30 PM, I received a call from the pharmacy that Fedex had returned to their warehouse with the package. I was asked if they had rung the bell. I said that the bell had not been rung. I was asked if a door knob hangtag had been left. I said no. I was home all day and no attempt was mail to deliver this very important package to me. I was asked if it was okay if the package came tomorrow. I said I guess so. What was I to say? I called Fedex and asked to file a complaint. I was given a case number. I later got a phone message saying the package was already back at their facility and it would be delivered the next day. What nonsense. They made zero attempt to delivery it today.

Case #** May 10, 2017 filed claim for 2 boxes lost. FedEx delivered wrong location and cannot find it. FedEx solution: cannot find package and ask us to file claim through sender and we filed claim but still no response. Case #** May 22, 2017 filed claim for 10 boxes for FedEx delivered again to wrong location. These are shipments needed urgently and paid air freight!!! FedEx customer service does not tell us when it will happen. Now we lost orders and customer because this stupid mistake, I think someone is stealing merchandise. Has to investigate if FedEx drivers steals package or not.

Dealership overnight shipped temporary plates, to quickly replace expired ones. It is now three days later and I still haven't received my overnight package, and I still can't drive my vehicle. I should of driven to the dealer. Why does anyone use this service? Plus when I order parts online too often the parts are shipped FedEx. I ask that the parts be placed in the watertight box on my driveway. There is even a sign on the door asking for this, and notifying that I'm a hearing disabled Veteran, yet FedEx will not do this because the customer (That is the shipper) has to request it, they, that is FedEx doesn't give a rats butt about what I need or want, I'm not paying for the shipping.

FEDEX flat-out lost (so far) an International Priority Envelope I sent via a 3rd Party Shipper. After 6 Days the Tracking Number, which the 3rd Party Shipper assures me was "scanned-in" still does not exist on their computer system when I call their 1-800 number. The Tracking Number only showed up on their Website AFTER I submitted my Online Claim, and the Status remains "Pending/In-Transit." The follow-up E-mails I send all get 'canned' auto-reply mail; what I am trying to do e-mailing them is simple: provide them with enough information to locate the envelope - full details as I have them; and poke them in the direction of doing something about the situation which they do not seem set-up or inclined to handle.

The contents were (are?) important documents; money back from them is not helpful. All I want (silly me) is to have them delivered or returned. At this point, if they can locate the Envelope, I would rather have them return it to me than trust them to deliver it. Frankly, I feel like an idiot for using them, and will never do so again under any circumstances.

FedEx tracing dept staff promised over and over I would be informed about the status of my international package, but repeatedly failed to contact me. Staff were poorly trained and curiously read messages and prior records out loud over the phone while I waited-- as if they were unable to read silently. Many of them were poor communicators, speaking unclearly and too quickly to be understood. Customer service at FedEx is terrible and staff are barely able to communicate and make promises about follow up that are never fulfilled. Their communication with the customs officials in foreign countries is also poor. Sending an international package by FedEx is a terrible experience.

I had a package that was supposed to be delivered on Friday. I finally got an email saying that nobody was home to sign for it. That is a LIE! My wife was home all day. The next scheduled delivery was for Saturday. At 4PM I checked their site and at 3:59 it was supposedly attempted to be delivered but was not done. Neither day was a notice left at the apartment or the rental office. The rental office said FedEx was never there.

I had contacted the customer service and was told that they would attempt to deliver again on Saturday, NEVER HAPPENED. I am in the medical field and the item was necessary for a surgical procedure. This is not the first time but at least the 10th time I have had the same problem with this company. I refuse to ship through them, USPS or UPS never has a problem. They never do the right thing by their customers. USE ANYONE ELSE. Saving a few dollars is not worth the cost of a life even if it is for an animal. How can this company stay in business.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.
  • FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.
  • Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.
  • Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.
  • FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.
  • Best for FedEx is best for individuals and businesses that need to ship items fast.

Compare Shipping Companies