2. Moving

FedEx

3.2/5 (2302 ratings)

About FedEx

FedEx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FedEx?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: July 17, 2021

The online shipping process was somewhat confusing so the instructions could be made a little clearer and my shipment was delayed by one day. But I was shipping an African violet plant and it arrived safe and sound.

Original review: March 15, 2021

The gentleman was so nice, all other delivery services from Australian Post are lazy and unreliable. In the pandemic they always force me out to take the goods even when I was sick. And as soon as they saw my face they would take off and drop the goods brutally right on the front door whilst my apartment is 5 meters walking in. So today when I heard he said Fed Ex delivery I expect him to be the same level of rudeness, and seeing a big box I know it was the order of iMac 27 inches from Apple. I was thinking to myself that’s it, I have to drag it in now. But he was so friendly and kind and brought all the way to inside of my house. People like this deserves a raise and recognition. Thank you, FedEx and the gentleman that was very helpful! 5 stars services!

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I had a delivery on Sunday. Our driveway was snow covered and slippery. The driver called from his truck and said he didn't want to try the driveway but would walk the package up and leave it under our carport if that was ok. That was fine with me. I appreciated that he called and then took additional steps to deliver. UPS would never have done that. They won't even drive up in good weather. They leave packages along the road where it could be stolen. I just wanted to praise the driver and FedEx. I wish I knew his name. I have the phone number that he called from. It is **.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I have always used FedEx and all its shipping and will continue to use them as they are by far the best in the world. I love the delivery staff also due to the most professional delivery services I have ever used and experienced.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I am medically exempt from wearing a mask and carry a letter to prove it. One of your employees, knowing this told me if I came in without a mask again he would throw me out. This was done with 4 other witnesses. It was embarrassing, no one made eye contact with me after this and even after showing him my doctors letter excluding me, he didn't apologize and went on to defend his aggression. I felt threatened, humiliated for having a medical condition I can't control and I'm still shaking writing this and it's been an hour since I left. This individual needs to be "trained" or fired.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Don't use Fedex...just don't. I paid nearly $20 to have Fedex ship a package to OR...that was a month ago. Fedex tracking shows the package doing laps (I'm not joking) between OR and WA. I've called Fedex several times, and while I can't understand most of what they say (I'm pretty good with accents, but what they're speaking isn't even real english), the overall message is that they passed the package off to USPS at some point, and now claim they have no responsibility to me as their customer.

USPS tells me (in perfectly intelligible english) that they never received the package from Fedex, but will be happy to help if/when they ever do. All told, between the refund I owe my eBay buyer and the lost item, I’m out nearly $200, and Fedex, the company with whom I made a contract for delivery, says “Not our problem”. The moral of the story is: Buyer Beware...Fedex has loopholes by which they can take your money, lose your package, and take no responsibility.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

We had a firepit delivered, this was the second shipment as the first time it came damaged. When they delivered the first one the delivery driver graciously helped bring it to the backyard. (I gave a nice tip). The new one was delivered today and the driver said he will not help my wife bring it 30 feet to the back yard. HE left the firepit on the front driveway, did not help check for the parts and left. Very unprofessional.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I received 6 messages about a Sunday delivery and then I called FedEx number and was told, "Well we will deliver Monday. Monday sometime." Wasted my whole day waiting for the delivery. FedEx used to be a good company but well they need some new leadership to get them back on track. They rarely answer the phones. Called a 24 hour number and it rang 6 times then it hung me up.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Fed Ex has a problem with their labeling. I have a long address with a unit number that is consistently left off their label. However, other shippers (Amazon, USPS, UPS) do not have any problem getting my complete address and unit number on their labels. I get their deliveries all the time without a problem. This happens to me only with Fed Ex. Fed Ex customer service always politely informs me that I am not able to make the correction because only the seller can do that. I keep trying though! Then I am responsible for contacting the seller to relay all of that information. This takes time away from other things that I need to do in my life and it is aggravating and inconvenient. I have not found any way to direct a formal complaint to Fed Ex. If there is a way, I hope someone will post it so I can give them that feedback.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

On Wednesday, October 6, my bank sent a new credit card to my apartment address via FedEx. On Thursday, October 7, I got a voice message from FedEx alerting me that the delivery would be on Friday, October 8, before noon. I stayed in my apartment all morning so I would be able to accept the delivery. However, I only found a sticker on my apartment door in the afternoon saying that FedEx tried to deliver but nobody was present. The FedEx person made no attempt to contact me.

On the phone, FedEx customer support told me that FedEx couriers cannot call the person to whom they deliver to let them know they are approaching. Why not? This is inexplicable to me, and I know of no other business that sends employees to someone's residence without giving them the opportunity to call in advance. Furthermore, the delivery person apparently did not even try to knock on my door. My apartment is small, and I would have heard it. This is completely unprofessional and can cause damage to the recipient. I find it hard to believe that a worldwide organization like FedEx operates on such an amateurish level.

Fedex author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

FedEx Company Information