FedEx
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FedEx

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

2490 FedEx Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Recently my laptop broke and I had to send it in to get it repaired. I put it in a FedEx express drop box and 4 days later there was still no tracking information available (it was supposed to be shipped overnight). I went to the drop box and the door on the front opened just enough so that I could see inside, and I was able to see my package along with many others. Clearly nobody had come to pick up the packages for a long time.

I called FedEx customer service and the woman on the phone was an angel! She took down all of my information and listened carefully to the story, and then made various phone calls to try to get to the bottom of it. She didn't have much luck so she sent in a request for my package to be retrieved from the dropbox. About an hour later, the courier called and said they sent someone to break open the drop box, and my package had been retrieved and is on its way to its destination. I am amazed at how quickly the issue was resolved! Thank you for your awesome customer service FedEx!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I recently ordered an item and FedEx was scheduled to deliver the item. I was tracking the item. FedEx said it was delivered but it wasn’t there. I’m in NYC so I thought it was stolen. So I had to put a dispute out with them... it took them 5 days to try to track it and no luck. Every time I called looking for an update someone would tell me the same thing... your package was delivered at 4:30 pm on Saturday which was not the case. A week goes by and there is a package outside my apt door. It was the package - a week late although the driver marked it as delivered a week ago. I called to tell them it arrived and they treated me as if I was the burden and that I was impatient for my package. The only reason I was persistent was because the package was marked delivered when it was nowhere to be found. Overall I will not use FedEx ever again if I have the option. Terrible customer service and clearly incompetent delivery drivers.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Whenever I order something on-line and find out FedEx is the shipper, I am so disappointed as the packages usually sit at a location 2 hours away (Osseo, MN) for a week before I get them. I get way faster delivery from the US Post Office. Why is FedEx so expensive to ship and so ridiculously SLOW.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

After the initial delivery attempt, they left a "final attempt" card - even though they're obligated to attempt delivery three times. They didn't take the package to any of the nearby depots, but drove it to a remote warehouse incredibly far from my home and work. The kind of depot so far from humanity that the neighbourhood it's located in doesn't even have sidewalks and there's zero public transit that'll take you there.

I called to reschedule delivery - which they didn't do. I live in a gated building and received zero missed calls or messages on the day they 'attempted' to deliver the parcel. They lied. I called to reschedule again and they indicated they'd make plans to redeliver. After three days of waiting I called to find out that no request to redeliver had been made. It was still waiting at the same godforsaken warehouse in the middle of nowhere. At which point my patience was officially spent. I called the sender and told them unless they wanted to refund me the money, they'd need to deal with FedEx because I was d.o.n.e. Done. DONE. Their customer service is abysmal and I'd absolutely reconsider buying anything I knew was going to be shipped to me using their shabby, dismaying poor service.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I mistakenly put the wrong street in my delivery address, and to make matters worse I put it under my fiancé’s name. I managed to talk with nice tellers since last week to fix this problem until today when I called back for follow up and the teller asked me what was my relationship with the person on the delivery address. To me it didn't make any difference, and I didn't wanted to give any explanations but upon insisting I said that he was my fiancé. End result: this teller made me cry the hell out (I was literally crying afterwards for 30 minutes because I was never treated as if I was dumb and couldn't understand what he/she was telling me and because "nothing could be done").

Frustrated, I had to call back to ask where I could pick up my package but this time a WONDERFUL teller and a WONDERFUL person from the Complaints Department took charge of the situation and within two hours the package arrived right at my door!!! 2 HOURS!!! They were very kind and attentive, so nice that after I cried the hell out I really had to take time and do a good review. THANKS FedEx!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

LOSING ALL MY FAMILY PASSPORT!!! Horrible!!! Just happened Even after I put the description of goods as passports and government paperwork!!! Package damaged in Vancouver!! And nothing inside!! FedEx working like a crime. Nothing happened 3 days past already!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

This company has given me nothing but trouble as a business owner. Far and away UPS is much more reliable, friendly and honest. I am sitting here waiting for a package. FedEx drivers are not held accountable. Waiting 3 days. Nothing but lies...excuses and no package. Driver lied about coming at 11:15 AM. Found me closed... Lies... Arrived at 10:30. Called my vendor who shipped the package. Said that they contacted the driver. He would deliver package by closing. No package. Spent my morning filing complaint and doing this. People should know that these FedEx routes are privately owned and the owners put anyone with a pulse on the routes. I don't even think they read or write English. Called FedEx. They tell you they are sorry but this does not get you your package or the time you lost writing this complaint. Any business owners out there I call on you to boycott FedEx. That's the only thing these people understand.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I am beyond disgusted at the shape of the package my boyfriend received for his birthday through FedEx. It was shipped from North Richland Hills, Texas to our home in La Pine, Oregon. It contained a package of Honeybuns, a homemade Chocolate Chip Pound Cake, and homemade Oatmeal Cookies. His mother made the cake and cookies and paid $35 to ship it to him. When the box arrived, we discovered that two of the 12 Honeybuns had been removed from the sealed package, the cake packaging had been opened with a box cutter, and bites had been taken out of one of the cookies and replaced in the tin. Unbelievable!!! Incredibly disgusting!!! I will never trust FedEx for any of my shipping needs again!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I had ordered a kitchen island on Amazon. I was given tracking info for FedEx stating my package was going to be delivered by Sat 8pm. Saturday morning comes around and the packaged says out for delivery at 5:18am. I diligently wait, ALL day, 8:30pm rolls around and nothing. I had made arrangements with a few people to come over on Sunday and put the island together with me and do some Christmas baking... Well, now that can't happen either. Due to the lies on the delivery info, I now have to reschedule with these gracious people and hope they can come back some other time to help me. It would have been nice to have ACCURATE info. Or, if it's out for delivery, DELIVER the damn thing!!! Oh, and now they are saying TUESDAY will be my delivery day. If the product is already on the truck, I just can't understand why it wasn't delivered when it was supposed to be and now it's even delayed further... Amazing.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

The last 3 deliveries I have gotten or my customers have gotten with FedEx Freight have been extremely late. In one case the customer support people even told me that the driver could not get the trailer into the customer's delivery address. It was a yard that worked on construction equipment that is brought in on 18 wheelers. FedEx's claim was that it was a residential area. My major complaint with them has been that they cannot make their promise times and then lie to cover their **.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Getting my package, first late, then they wouldn't delivery after 5 pm, I told them I work 8 to 5 pm, how can I be at home before 4:30 pm, the customer service was very bad. I couldn't understand what she saying. I talk to manager, the same thing. I would not use them, the UPS is much better.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

We scheduled a pick-up for a package to a customer on 11/1 and normally those are picked up the following day. When our package wasn't picked up on 11/2 I checked our scheduled pick-ups to see what was going on, but there was no scheduled pick-up showing for 11/2 or even 11/3. I then went to our Ship History and went into the details for the shipment in question and it stated next to Pickup/Dropoff: "Pickup requested, view Pickup History for details". I decided then to call their support line to get this sorted out. When I finally got a hold of someone they tried to blame it on me and told me that I could drop it off at a pickup center/store or they could schedule a pickup for Monday 11/6.

I told them that wasn't acceptable as this was clearly their mistake and they should upgrade my shipping and have someone pick it up today (11/3). They refused, so I decided to hang up and look into it more to see if I could find any evidence of me doing something wrong (I couldn't). I decided to call back and got the same response. My teammate and my manager both tried calling and had the same results. At this point we wrote this off and decided we will drive somewhere to drop it off since a lot of our customers buy our products for time sensitive projects and we pride ourselves on quality support and service.

Shortly after all of this I was setting up a new shipment and attempted to schedule a delivery with it, but got an error in purple at the top saying that they weren't able to schedule the pickup and I would have to go to the pickup management page to manually schedule one. Shortly after that my teammate had issues printing a label and was talking to their tech support for some time. He mentioned some changes to the back end that may be affecting the website, but then also said it was on our end. We tried printing it from several different computers, but weren't able to print it until about 30 mins later (and we tested it on the same computers to see what would happened and it now worked on all of them).

Clearly FedEx was having issues with pickups and their site. Instead of accepting responsibility and compensating a paying customer they decided to try and shift the blame on us for damage control. Totally unacceptable and unprofessional. We are now looking into switching our services to a competitor in hopes that we will get better treatment from them and feel like a valued customer.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

My friend from Hong Kong ordered something from Vex Robotics for her son birthday while she was visiting us in New York, FedEx sent the package to a wrong address. It took me numerous phone calls to follow-up with them to finally track down the package. Surprising they didn't even realize what the problem was and it took me to educate them what has went wrong (near New York metro areas there are 5 streets named the same as my street and they sent it to wrong zip code). The package arrived more than one week late, by that time friend had left New York already and I'm stuck with the package.

I tried to contact FedEx to see if they would offer any help (maybe offer us a free shipping for the package from New York to Hong Kong?) to compensate for their mistakes. They offered no help and instead ask me to contact the Vex Robotics to return the package if I want. The vendor is going to charge me restocking fee and return shipping if I choose to return the package, not to mentioned the package wouldn't make it in time to my friend before her son's birthday. The mistakes were all on FedEx, I simply don't understand why they couldn't own up to it and offer help to their customers, and instead just redirect the customers to the vendor which has nothing to do with their shipping mistakes. Very disappointed with the bad customer service and failure to take responsibility to deal with their own failures.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Having another problem with "SmartPost". Package was picked up by FedEx in New Jersey on October 25. Arrived at transfer point about 100 miles from my home on October 30. Then tracking showed it was "in transit to USPS" on October 31 and expected delivery was November 4. Nothing was delivered on that date. Now updated tracking on November 4 shows "in transit to local post office" with no expected delivery date. One wonders if FedEx is not purposefully delaying the transfer to USPS so as to not siphon business away from its home delivery service.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I will not accept Fedex home delivery with signature required for a valuable item again. If the seller won't change carrier, no sale. Reasons: 1: Insecure. Fedex will accept the signature of anyone on the property. I insist on being able to authorize specific people to accept parcels on my behalf. 2: Inconvenient: Fedex's delivery window is 9 am to 4 pm. In other words, someone has to stay home an entire working day. With computerized route planning, they could easily commit to a 1-hour window. 3: Inadequate release from hold: I cannot designate another person to pick up for me. Fedex will only accept my signature.

4: Inadequate hold period. Fedex will only hold for 2 weeks. USPS vacation hold is one month. 5: Inadequate hold locations. Fedex has no hold location in my city (Alameda, CA). Have to go to Oakland, which is a vile place to visit. 6: Ignore customer instructions. I specified Friday 11/3 as delivery day. Instruction was acknowledged. Fedex delivered on Wednesday 11/1. Conclusions: Fedex home delivery is unreliable, inconvenient and they don't give a blip. USPS is superior in every respect. I will not allow a seller to use Fedex as carrier again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I recently ordered from Chewy.com with an order of almost $150. When it came time for my package to get delivered, FedEx just left it on my doorstep. By the time I got home, my package was not there! I have had packages stolen off my porch in the past. I tracked my package and it said it was delivered already so I then contacted Chewy.com. They apologized and stated they are under contract with FedEx and FedEx does not require the recipients to sign for packages. So Chewy.com said they would resend me another package and request for a signature this time.

Well, I just received my package today and FedEx didn’t even bother to ring my doorbell! Luckily my son come home and seen the package on the porch! I looked at the shipping label and it clearly specified that a signature is required! How hard is it to get a signature or ring a doorbell? Obviously the FedEx delivery drivers could care less about great service and obviously does not pay attention to details. Because Chewy.com uses FedEx, sad to say they will no longer get my business!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

FedEx Guy arrived at our place while we were not at home which wouldn't have been such a problem if he would have asked the neighbors to take the package or delivered it to the next FedEx station in OUR town, but no he delivered it an hour away to the next biggest city even though we have at least 4 different FedEx stations around where we live in the next 15 minutes. Now we can drive 2 hours to pick up a package, that is just ridiculous. Do I get now paid from FedEx because I have to pick up and deliver my own package?? And no help whatsoever from customer service on the phone. I called 3 times and was told different things.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

On Oct 11 I bought a $400 dollars camera from eBay, the person immediately shipped the camera, since the person lives 2 hours away from me the camera arrived to my city the next day. On Oct 12 I checked the tracking number and according to FedEx the package was left on my porch, I look out my apartment and there is no package. I check the tracking number and noticed there is no apartment number on the address. I call FedEx and the agent opens up a case for a missing item, according to her, the delivery man left the package in another home, and FedEx takes 48 hours to be able to contact the driver and asks them where did they left the package, and gives them time to retrieve the package. She asks for my full address with an apartment number and says that I will be receiving a follow up call on Monday.

Monday arrives no call no package, I give them the benefit of the doubt and wait till Tuesday. Since I did not received a call I call them back. The agent was so rude, she said it was not FedEx fault that the package had no apartment number. I tell her that the other agent said they would interview the driver and she said they do not do that, she hangs up. Wed Oct. 18: I get home and there is a door tag, the door tag says "pick up" but the person who wrote it apparently forgot to write down a FedEx location for me to pick up the package. I call FedEx again, the machine won't let me talk to an agent, but says the package will be delivered the next day.

Thur. Oct 19th: I was home all day, around 3:30 I call FedEx again to check the tracking number that came with the door tag and apparently there was an attempted delivery at 2:45, I look out again, there is no door tag (which should to note that there was a second attempt to deliver) or package. I call FedEx again, the agent says the delivery person is going to the home where the package was left the first time and bring it to my home and that I should wait.

Friday Oct 20th, the status of the door tag changes and says the recipient refused package and package will be returned to the seller. I was a little bit relieved. All I had to do was contact the seller and ask to ship the camera back. The problem is that FedEx never updated the first tracking number, which says the item was delivered on Oct 12 on my front porch.

I wait a couple of days, thinking that the seller was going to contact me as soon as she/he receives the package back and nothing. I call FedEx for an update on the package going back and the agent says the package arrived. By this time a week had passed since the door tag incident. Thursday Oct. 2: I call eBay to see if I can get a refund because I never received my package, but I can't since Fedex never updated the initial tracking number. I call FedEx to see if they can update the initial tracking number so that it would match what the door tag says but according to the agent the door tag number does not exists and it is not on their records, the only thing they see on their records was that the package was left on my porch and that I opened a missing item case, so to their eyes the package was delivered.

However, when I call FedEx, the machine says that the item was sent back, which means the number does exists, also when I look at the number on the FedEx web page the number does show up and says the item was sent back. However, it also says it never arrived to the destination. Also, the tracking number used for the door tag is different than the initial tracking number and should not those two be connected? However, I know it sounds I should be blamed for forgetting to add an apartment number, but this whole area is full of apartments, if the package came without an apartment number the obvious thing to do would be to mark the item as underivable. I think Fedex lost the package and are trying to cover it up and I'm seriously considering filing an small claims.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

For a whole week I waited for a new high priced smartphone to be delivered to me which was supposed to arrive today according to FedEx’s website package tracker. For the past 5 days it has shown that today between 7:15am and 10:50am my package would arrive. I waited a few hours at home & made arrangements with some coworkers so that I could be home to receive the package and sign for it if necessary. 9:30am rolls around & still no sign of them, so I call customer service to see if they are still coming.

I’m told that my package which was shipped via Ground Service is committed for delivery tomorrow (11/2), yet the damn tracker on their site still says to expect it today! If they knew my package wasn’t going to arrive for another day, why didn’t they change the delivery window as soon as they knew? And why did I have to call them to find this information out? I wasted a whole morning waiting for a package that was never going to be delivered...

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I ordered cartridges from China, it clearly says 2 boxes were shipped from the receipt the factory showed me and even on the FedEx paperwork printed on the box... Yet when the package got to Hong Kong and was passed to DHL for whatever reason, they only passed on one box. Now it's been a whole weekend, the factory in China is working hard figuring out what's going on... what does FedEx say? "We'll contact you on Monday..." incompetent.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

FedEx missed a delivery to my apartment because the driver wouldn't wait the six seconds it takes me to get to the intercom system to unlock the door. Now, they won't even make a delivery attempt. All I get is a recorded message that says they have a parcel for pick up. I'm a senior and no longer drive so pick up is impossible. I do 95% of my shopping via the Internet, so now with FedEx, I have to wait until my purchases are returned to the retailer and make alternate arrangements for delivery. What is wrong with this people? First the driver is in too much of a hurry to wait 6 seconds and second, they’re too lazy to try to make a delivery. Should change their name to a pick up service instead of a delivery company. Totally useless. I now tell any regular retailers (Amazon, Mayfair, eBay, etc) not to use these **.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

FedEx, as always, dropped off a box to our address that does not belong to us. Sick and tired of delivering their failures due to safety issues. I called them and asked them to have the driver come back. They took my address and the tracking number of the package, and they did not come and pick it up. A few days later, I called FedEx, held for 30 minutes, and told them the package was still on my porch. They took the information again, and they said they would not come and get it unless I ordered the pick-up under my name (they had the tracking and address). I told them I would not put my name on someone else's package, and I was doing them a service. They refused to come and get it. What the heck? If that was my package, I would have been upset. I called the corporate office the following week and told them I had a package that their local service would not pick up, and they said I needed to keep trying.

I told them there was a package on the door and a hurricane was coming, I was done putting time and effort into it, and "what do you want me to do with it?" She said, "I don't care what you do with it" (exact words). Wow. I called AT&T and told them what I assumed was an expensive electronic device was delivered to my house by error, and FedEx would not come and get it. I gave them the tracking and my address, and suggested since they probably spent millions with FedEx, maybe they would have some pull with getting FedEx to come back.

They never showed. AT&T said "you might have to order a pick-up under your name if they won't come." What a joke. Ever watch border patrol? They wanted me to bring it inside (right). I am not putting my name on it, and I called repeatedly "as a courtesy" so they could come back. It's still here after a month. I will only use UPS since they do not care about the customer or the recipient. Anyone want an expensive electronic device? I assume it's a high-tech phone or tablet of some sort. LOL.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Package was delivered to my door. Addressed to another party. Street # was incorrect and street was incorrect. I had to spend 20 minutes fixing it. The telephone choices are ridiculous and don't include agent so it was hard to get through to anyone. He sounded like he was speaking a foreign language very rapidly with marbles in his mouth and he was rude. I hung up and called back. Got someone who said she could "help me" and I pointed out she was actually correcting FedEx's mistake. She was entirely unapologetic her company was using up my time and acted like she was doing me a favor. The whole thing reeked of incompetence, rudeness and a total indifference to both their customers and their mistakes.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

We had to have necessary paperwork filled out by our vet & FedExed to the USDA office in Sacramento, CA, signed by them, and have it FedExed back to us in Colorado, in order to take our dog with us on the plane as we moved to Ecuador. Not only was FedEx late with the shipment, but they sent the papers to San Antonio, Tx.!

We wasted $125.00 to FedEx & $38.00 to USDA; had to pay $662.00 to reschedule our flight; 572.00 to AirBnB for another week since we sold our house have no home, and had to pay another $38.00 to repeat the process with USDA, plus the cost to FedEx the papers to Colorado AGAIN, and have our vet re-write the date on the paperwork & email USDA another copy. FedEx agreed they screwed up & said there are multiple notes about it, but they basically said they aren't responsible for anything that happened, and so sorry.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I requested a change of address in my delivery. I wasn't going to be at home, so I asked FedEx to deliver a package to my office, where there's personnel 9 to 5. The package didn't arrive on the scheduled date. Then I received a notification stating "Cannot locate recipient." Surprised, I immediately called FedEx. Their explanation? "We didn't have your name." They asked for the new ADDRESS of the delivery. Everything seemed right when I placed the request. So, because they could not put a name and an address together, I have to stress out and see if my package arrives. Every time I have to deal with FedEx, there's a little "exception" for my deliveries. The driver didn't find my building. They attempted delivery but (place excuse here). They really, really tried, but (place excuse here). How is it possible that using their online tools I know more about my deliveries than they do?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

FedEx has partnered with Walgreen drug stores as a pickup and drop off location and have eliminated all of their drop boxes in those areas. The FedEx location website still lists those drop boxes as operational when in fact they have been removed. Walgreens does not have any supplies for FedEx shipping: no airbills, no overnight envelopes. Those supplies used to be stocked in the drop off boxes. Drop offs cannot be scanned in by Walgreen employees, only the FedEx driver can scan in (which would be the same as it was with a drop box). The problem is that you are at the mercy of a Walgreen employee to do the job correctly. That is a problem when sending an item that has to be in someone's hands the next day.

Walgreen pickup times are about 4 hours earlier in the day than the old drop off boxes which creates a real headache for a business user. Calling the 800 number for information is worthless. Filing a complaint is even more worthless since no one ever calls back to investigate the complaint. Their IT department is terrible. They cannot clean up the location website to convey current locations and when trying to sign up for a business account online, we repeatedly receive a "system error" message and cannot complete the application process. Although we have no complaint with the actual delivery of an item, getting it into their system is a nightmare as we are located in a rural area and have to travel 45 minutes to drop off at a staffed location such as the old Kinko's. Of course their response to all of this is to schedule a pickup at our location for an additional fee.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Waited at the request time of delivery. I waited outside the door of my house in the rain for the time of delivery only to receive a notification from FedEx that I was not present at the address or the business. Funny thing is I've never even seen a FedEx trunk or car drive-by my location let alone even leave the notification at my door. My package is highly time sensitive and I can't imagine that the delivery person must've lied about stating they delivered my package.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Simple. They are 10 days into a package caught up in their quagmire of a system. It's 4 days past the original due date. At no point along the way have any of their notifications or other "tracking or notification update tools" been of value or easy to use, let alone accurate. After receiving the "notifications" and then not receiving the package, I called a few times, and logged into their app, to get help. No one could help. Each time the information was different (and within an hour of each other) and always different than online, and never confirming it was coming anytime soon, despite that being the point of the fed notification. No one helped, no one had answers, all had different information, transferred me several times, said would call back and didn't, and most importantly, truly did not care.

In fact, each time they were very cavalier, arrogant, almost as if they were not the ones providing the services. The tone was very abrupt, unhelpful, uninformed, not empowered. Bottom line, it didn't come, they can't find it, they don't seem to care one bit. Like "too bad, oh well, next" and they are right. There is nothing I can do. File a claim? So they say. They take forever to get back, only with zero new info, and ultimately deny.

From what all reviews say, and from what I have experienced. Plus, it takes forever and is made to be very annoying and difficult. As if making it so irritating people give up. And they do, it works. Read the reviews! It's the same theme and feedback 100s of times over and over. And they are most expensive. Yet 50/50 AT BEST. Almost always have serious issues. USPS, UPS... Leaps and Bounds better. Honestly, never, not once, had any issue at all both express and "economy", domestic and international, with USPS AND UPS. I was forced to use FEDEX this time, and it will for sure be the last... as if they care. Read the reviews! Don't use them. You will be disappointed and regret it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

FedEx supposedly failed to deliver furniture of mine 4 times. However the notice slip stated there were only 2 failed attempts, pending one last final attempt. As a result, I tracked my package and saw that it was due for delivery the next day and so I checked on it constantly throughout the day to no avail. Finally, at the end of the day/evening I called and the customer service I received was atrocious.

First phone call service representative told me the delivery was rescheduled for the next day but had NO idea if the text message notification services would help or not so I asked to speak with their supervisor but was directed to another who group who ALSO had no idea what the text message services entailed. Also, this person told me that the re-delivery was scheduled for Saturday. When I asked if the site would be updated to show this or if I could somehow have it in writing that this is the new delivery date, she said it was not possible and that I would have to take her word for it. This was only after the person constantly interrupted me during our discussion, the one exception to this was when I asked for her office location for which I had to ask 30 times before she reluctantly gave it to me.

Second phone call the person filed a complaint for me about the people from the first phone call however this person also had no idea about the text message notification services and also said that is was ABSOLUTELY NOT possible for the package to be instructed by FedEx for re-delivery and refused to redirect me to anyone else to ask this question as it simply was not possible and that I would instead have to contact the original shipper and ask them to request FedEx to redeliver.

Third phone call person told me they would reach out to a team to request that my order be redelivered. After waiting on hold for 10 minutes I was asked to take a customer survey and then was disconnected. Fourth phone call person told me they submitted a request for my package to be re-delivered. I asked how I could confirm and the person had no suggestions. I then suggested that I call again tomorrow morning for an update and the person agreed. I still have no idea when the package is being delivered and I never EVER will use FedEx again, I would MUCH rather order from somewhere else or not order the good at all.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I order from Apple who says I'll have two day shipping with FedEx. I get the tracking info which says 5 days as there is a delivery exception. I call FedEx and the customer support barely speaks English and cannot explain the reason for the delivery exception or find a location where I could have the package held instead. If I had been given the option I would have chosen UPS or USPS. FedEx is just no damn good.

Fedex expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

• Best for: FedEx is best for individuals and businesses that need to ship items fast.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs