1.72/5

Last updated: April 18, 2018

2840 FedEx Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

Our purchase of over $2000 was never delivered. Thankfully, the company we ordered from offered to resent for free if the original package didn’t show up in 2 weeks and as long as we would sign for it. We were more than happy to sign for the package and my husband asked for the package to be delivered to his work as he knew he would be there all day. It was instead sent to our house, and as there was no one there to sign for it, the package could not be delivered. My husband called FedEx and arranged for the package to be sent to a drop location where he would pick it up the next day.

When he went to the location, the box was not there and he was told it was on route to our house again and there was nothing we could do to change the location it would go to. So, I cleared my schedule to sit at home. The estimated time of delivery came and went, I called and was assured it would be there sometime in the next 8 hours. I stayed at home, by the door waiting. Then, I got a call saying they couldn’t deliver the package because no one was home? I called that minute and was told they couldn’t have the driver come back.

There was nothing they could do for 24-48 hrs. We would have to pay to have them drop it off again as we failed to be home on two occasions(!) They are going to send the package to the locked facility again (hopefully) where we should be able to pick it up in the next couple of days. I cannot tell you how much time this has taken, how many lost hours of work, how many lost hours of sleep (we are trying to start a business and this package contains the brass pieces that would enable us to complete a big order, finally putting us in the green after 3 years.

Without it, we won’t be able to complete the order on time and could lose the order, setting us back tens of thousands of dollars). No one at FedEx cares. It seems there is nothing they can do. Which I think is wrong. A business SHOULD care about its customers and try to accommodate our needs. They are too big. I will be avoiding them in the future and will be recommending everyone else with a pulse and a brain do the same. UPS and USPS seem to do a (much) better job in my experience. However, I honestly might even stop ordering online. Not worth it.

Original review: April 18, 2018

The delivery of a package was schedule to be picked up at a FedEx drop location (Walgreens in New Windsor, NY). I had asked FedEx that the package be held until I could pick it up and was told that it would be. I arrived the day before the deadline and was told by Walgreens that the package was returned. I called FedEx and was told that their policy was to not hold packages beyond the number of days they agreed to hold it. There was a record of the conversation, yet FedEx had no solution. Later, I discovered by tracking the package that it was at a ground facility and could be picked up there. The facility is both an air and ground facility and when I inquired about the package was told that the package could not be found. The woman became frustrated and rude. I ended up finding the package at the correct facility.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 18, 2018

FedEx says a package requiring a signature will be delivered by the end of the day, which means you need to sit home from 8 am to 8 pm. Other home appt folks in Calif give a 4 hr window. At 1 pm, I went into my tracking number and was allowed to change the delivery to a local Walgreens store. At 5:30, on my way home from grandkids, I went to Walgreens, and they had no package. FedEx sent me an update that said no one was home when they tried to deliver about 5 pm. I called FedEx and they said changing delivery to the store required 24 - 48 hours to go into effect. Why did they allow me to request this change, if they couldn't change the delivery location with the driver who had the package. They opened a software error case to correct this blatant error in their system.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We have packages delivered to our house every other day. FedEx always texts me when I can expect a package, and it is always during the time my 1-year-old goes down for a nap. We have three large and loud dogs who bark when the wind blows the wrong way. One of the dogs likes to position herself two feet from the front door, just in case the mailman has the nerve to show up. They are always looking for excuses to get pissed at a delivery person. And for the past year, FedEx has never alerted the dogs. Never. Not Once.

I am convinced this company employs ninjas. The dogs don't even hear the truck on the street. Normally they hear a truck stop in front of our house even when the vacuum is running. But when FedEx comes during the only moment of silence in my day, there is peace. I get my package delivered with no disruptions to the delicate balance of the household. FedEx texts me to let me know the ninjas have left my package by the front door. The dogs don't stir. My 1-year-old sleeps peacefully. It's the most beautiful thing in the world and I needed to tell you how much I appreciate this company.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I use FedEx often for shipping at my company since we travel to various trade shows around the country. It's completely expected that 1 out of every 5 shipments something catastrophic goes wrong. I cannot tell you how many claims I have filed a claim for broken computer monitors that are so carefully packaged, you would think a nuclear bomb would not be able to damage them. However, I've now had three monitors broken by FedEx as they must drop the boxes from 5 story height above the ground with no consideration to the contents. EVERY SINGLE TIME I've filed a claim with them, there is always SOME loophole that they find to not pay me for their damage. It's incredible. Not once has a filed claim been paid out by them. Quite honestly, I'm wondering if they pay claims at all?

Another incident when I had a trade show in Texas, only my lid to my 3.5 foot tall case was delivered to the hotel. Yup, you heard that right. A 110 pound case which was apparent on the shipping label and all that was delivered was the lid. After 30 phone calls to FedEx and having absolutely nothing for my trade show for two days, I left TX empty handed. The case was found in Florida several weeks later all while FedEx had already once denied my claim for completely losing $1500 worth of items. I fully expect had the case not been found, they would not be paying for it either. The claims customer department is rude and could care less about damage or loss to your property. After 3 years of spending thousands of dollars with this company, it's time to check out UPS. I don't expect it to go much better there but ANYTHING has to be better than dealing with FedEx. Unbelievable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: April 16, 2018

I had a customer service just hang up on me while talking. Worse service ever. She kept talking over my concerns. I hate that FedEx makes 1 attempt and send it back to the sender. Even though we do not get the note on the door. (Live in a condo. They stick the note anywhere they like) - and what kind of customer service rep hangs up on a client???

Original review: April 16, 2018

Boy, I think I know where the dumbest people on Earth are hiding! How many FedEx employees take to add the apartment number to the already created tracking? Answer 4. Ouf of these 4 how many know what business the Fedex is in? ZERO. And the manager 'Robert' tells me he is not allowed to answer that question. And when I started to record that stupidity - they got offended that I am recording the conversation they are recording. The incompetence of the highest order. 1.5 hour on the phone to add the apartment unit. How is this company still in business?

Original review: April 16, 2018

I have the worst experience with FedEx which caused my passport to be delivered 3 days later than estimated. I had to postpone my travel arrangements because of their mistakes, which they did not even apologize for. I contacted them and filed three complaints. However, nobody has even contacted me to give an explanation. The customer service was not helpful at and the service is extremely bad.

Even though my name and address match with the name and address on the shipment slip, they did not release my pack to me when I went to the FedEx Office at 51-20th Brooklyn, NY, 11232 (April 9, 2018). They did not even ring the bell when they came to deliver my pack so even though I was at home waiting for the delivery all day long, I could not get it (April 10, 2018). I filed three complaints: **- Tuesday 4/10 FedEx Complaint Number, ** - Wednesday 4/11 FedEx Complaint Number, ** - Monday 4/16 FedEx Complaint Number. And nobody has even got in touch with me regarding these complaints. Very unprofessional business and customer service.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I shipped a greeting card in a Global Express - Guaranteed - Envelope. On March 28, 2018. Arrival was to be no later than April 4th, 2018 to Spain. Spain. NOT MONGOLIA OR TIMBUKTU. Spain. As of April 16, 2018, no sign of any package and they only say it is somewhere in the country. Then, they do not have the correct telephone number for the Custom's office in Barcelona. This could have been a package of explosives. Fortunately, this is a greeting card with a personal note inside. But this is a serious crack in the system.

Original review: April 16, 2018

On-line printing - I went to the website for the location and placed an order for business cards...then discovered in the emailed confirmation that the order was for delivery, not pick-up and I needed the cards right away. Within 5 minutes of placing the order, I called to cancel and was told "this type of order cannot be cancelled." Who has ever heard of such a thing for a just-ordered on-line order!!! And it wasn't even going to be delivered for another week!!! This is an absolute FedEx rip-off!

Original review: April 16, 2018

First off customer service is unhelpful, useless and RUDE! I call because my package left facility that is less than 1 hr drive from me 5 days ago and I still have NOT received my package. I call and was sent to another country where I can not understand the person. Then the ATTITUDE I get when I have to keep saying EXCUSE ME... not my fault! I then speak with someone in USA and this person thinks who the hell she is! WOW... ok! Well she basically tells me - "nothing they can do". She asks me multiple times what is in my package! I tell her, "NONE of your business"... why so you can relay to the driver its value is $500.00 and then I really never see it! Ends up that they have no clue where it is and I have to wait until they can put a trace! I am contacting where I purchased item telling them I want refund since FedEx lost item!

Original review: April 16, 2018

This company has the worst delivering system for the market today. I was expecting a package to be delivered that according to FedEx require a signature. They came all of a sudden on working hours and left a door tag with a voided signature stating they will come back next time also during working hours and after that they will return the package. I call then to explain to them that there was not FedEx office nearby. I work during those hours so we needed so whether they needed to call us to know the time of delivery so we can leave work early and be home or schedule delivery at the time we are home. The person who I spoke on the phone explained that FedEx never calls, and they don't schedule deliveries. They attempt twice then return the package. At that point I ask to speak with the manager.

The manager gave me the same version however pretended making accommodations and made a schedule for delivering the package at a specific day and time frame. Despite to this, the delivery guy still showed up on a day and hours I told the manager we are all at work. And was leaving the final notice before returning the package to the sender. Lucky enough, my wife works for a high school and her day was short and able to intercept the delivery guy and retrieve the package which did contained my daughter’s Lenovo laptop that was send for repair by SquareTrade.

Very upsetting experience. FedEx service disregards the customer schedule which could have a simple fix. Any other company we have dealt with always calls before delivery and coordinates with customer time for delivery, which seems the standard these days. Not FedEx. They have poor business sense and their customer service is a one-way street. Their way or the highway... So stay away from FedEx.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I placed a order that was shipped Monday April 9th and supposed to be received on Wednesday April 11. I monitored the progress of this package daily and learned that it arrived at a facility in a neighboring town on the 12th of April. I called and received the runaround from several FedEx employees. I finally got my package on April 14th after calling at least fifteen times. I basically was treated like a bothersome nag and I will never do business with FedEx again!!!

Original review: April 14, 2018

I had two packages delivered by FedEx in two days, and both were so damaged that they needed to be returned. Each looked like they had been stomped on. One was a DVD that was so damaged that when I opened the box, it started to fall apart. The second item was a poster that was rolled up and shoved into a flimsy box with no other protection whatsoever. It arrived bent and torn.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Their customer service is a joke! I sent a package to my son on November 30, 2017 containing a new laptop for his use while he was in India. Mistake #1, the package has been lost "held in customs" which means a worker stole it for the value. FedEx has had a trace since January on the package. It was here, it was there and now in customs again. They closed the case and a payment will be issued, no payment for a month, I call back, "Oh, the case is open again, we have a trace out."

I then asked for them to return it, but to date no return, it's in "customs" again, which for anyone who has traveled the world, in rural India means stolen and we are not going to account for it. It is now April 14 2018 (4 months) and I have been once again told, they will put a trace on it and no refund or computer returned until the trace is completed and case closed, unless someone opens it again, which happened. The case will remain open until customs says they don't have it, which while in India, my son was told it was out for delivery... I will never see the laptop or reimbursement because an "international" corporation does not understand the culture they do business in. Think twice before using FedEx for outside Europe. They will not stand by their customers and they won't call you back!

Original review: April 11, 2018

This FedEx driver was driving very fast and right on my tail. I have a small child and he was on my tail. Got across intersection and he blew by me. He was driving in excess of 65 on rural road at the end of a school day. I caught up with him and told him he was driving way too fast and on my tail too close. He was like, "Oh sorry I didn't know." Then he touched me like we were pals. So I turned him in to FedEx...but since no truck number or colors they can't do anything. Well seeing how everything is monitored by tracking you would think they would know who they had in this area at that time. Guy was around 40 or so. Tacky tacky company. I hope that no one ever gets hurt by one of these careless drivers.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Long story short, FedEx delivered a package I was supposed to receive with Direct Signature Confirmation to the incorrect address and can't find it. But because they got someone's signature for it, they consider it to be delivered. Open a lost package case, their trace department was unable to find the package, it got sent over to claims, and the claim was rejected (or maybe it wasn't).

FedEx is telling the shipper that the insurance claim was denied because they received a signature and insist that it was delivered to my address (it wasn't, I have security cameras, I was home, I would have proof that they walked up to my house). But FedEx is telling me that the claim was paid out. I get told different things by different FedEx employees every time I call their customer support. (I've been told that the claim has been paid out, that the claim has been rejected, that it hasn't been investigated at all, that the shipper never insured the package, that it was delivered as expected, that it's lost...) I'll never use their service again.

FYI: The driver was sent from the Troutdale, OR shipping facility. I spoke to one of their floor managers, Steve, and he had no record of a trace ever being attempted or requested on my tracking number to his facility, so FedEx lied to me about even attempting to find my package (a Sonos Sound Bar). I'm going to guess that one of their employees stole it because I spoke to all of my neighbors who could have received it and nobody received a package and the shipper said he sent it in the original retail package (so everyone could see exactly what was inside). Filed a complaint with the FBI internet crimes complaint center as per eBay policy, filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, not sure what else I can do.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Over the years, people/businesses have used FedEx to ship packages to me/my workplace. FedEx causes me more frustration that any company I've ever worked with. Their online system is often not functioning properly. When I call for tech-support, I have learned the hard way that I have been "yes-ed" by the support person and that my issue has not really been resolved. Now I know to always ask for a case number.

I recently tried to register for delivery services and FedEx has a list of multiple choice questions that I have to answer. There was personal info that I have never shared with FedEx, as well as about people that I don't know, it asked me about former tenants of my house, even asked what county my father resides in! And because I couldn't answer the questions for which I have no info, I am now locked out of system and will have to wait for something to be mailed to me!!! Mailed!! I will never use FedEx! It's USPS or UPS for any packaging needs.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I ordered a rather large package prior to going away for a long weekend and didn't dream that it would have been delivered so quickly. So, along with putting my mail from the USPS on hold, I went to the FedEx website to put a vacation hold on my package, hoping to have it delivered the day I was returning from vacation. I went to the site, place the delivery hold and I thought all was well and good until the next morning when I received an email that stated that my package would be delivered in 2 days when I would be well on my way to the beach. Thinking I had best call rather than try to take care of this online, I called and was assured by the agent that the package would not be sent out for delivery until I was back home.

The next morning, I received two emails from FedEx, one stating that I would receive my package on the original delivery date and one stating that I would receive my package the day following the original delivery date, still 3 full days prior to my returning home AND that they would be delivered to my local FedEx drop off at my neighborhood Walgreens, which I did not in any way authorize. I called again and explained the problem and was told that there was nothing that could be done. I asked to speak to someone who was a native English speaker and was told that I would have to call back after 7:00 am.

After 7:00, I called back and spoke with 'Charlie' who assured me that it was a 'simple request' and that he would take care of the matter. The next day, several hours into my trip on my way to the beach, feeling confident that my package would be delivered to my house I received a phone call from Walgreens stating that my very large package had been delivered and that I would need to come and pick it up because they had nowhere to store it. I finally worked out an arrangement with them so that I wouldn't have to backtrack and return home.

The next thing I had to figure out was how I was going to get this package back to my house. Thankfully, I got all of that worked out but my question is, why, after spending what amounted to several hours on the phone, can't FedEx get a simple vacation hold for delivery of a pack right? After reading all the complaints on this page and others, I think that FedEx best be getting their act together. I, for one, will never choose them if I need to ship something.

Original review: April 9, 2018

The lack of training with FedEx phone agents and the decline in FedEx customer service is astonishing. You have to go through at least ten automated requests to get a live agent, finally just repeating "agent" over and over. Then the average wait time is at least five minutes. I have a standard American accent, and in many of interactions with agents, I had to repeat my request several simply to schedule a pick-up, finally spelling out the words "pick-up." Three times the agent had to check with his "manager" to confirm that, having an account, I did not have to give package measurements.

On two occasions the agent did not understand the word "concierge". On another I was on hold for 18 minutes while an agent tried to reach a supervisor because he couldn't figure out how to enter an address. I wrote to FedEx to express my concern over these issues, and received a reply which had nothing to do with my email. On this most recent call, while out of town and trying to get a local FedEx phone number to ask a question, the agent could not understand what I wanted to ask the local office, and disconnected the call. I am switching my service to UPS and recommend you do the same.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I expected a delivery in 2 days. It has now been over a month because their drivers can't read an address to save their lives. I have never had this trouble with ANY other delivery companies. I am surprised they are still in business.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I have lived in my condo for over 6 years, and I have never had a single package that was sent through FedEx arrive unless I was home. Every single time I call the company, they blame the shipper, stating the shipper wants it this way. Yet, I'll get packages sent from the same shipper through either UPS or USPS, and I will not have any issues with them. In fact, when FedEx fails to deliver a package I'll return it and have it sent UPS or USPS, and I'll get it without any issues. The other excuse I get is that because I live in an apartment-style home, they can't just leave the package, even at my insistence.

My options when I have a package delivered through FedEx are: 1. Take off work, which costs hundreds of dollars a day. 2. Have the item shipped to a holding facility. This isn't always an option. The holding facility is not the same as the shipping facility, so I have to wait for it to be delivered from the shipping facility to the holding facility, and then go the holding facility to get my item. 3. Return the item and have the item shipped through another shipper. This costs the sender double, because they still are charged for the shipment, but are also charged for the return of the item. Plus, they pay to ship it to me through another carrier. This gives extra delays, as it takes time for the item to be returned and then to be shipped again. FedEx has a lot of excuses for these issues. They usually blame the sender and say "the sender wants it this way." But really, they are the only major shipping company I have issues with.

Original review: April 7, 2018

The service of the corporation is terrible. They deliver busted up packages with parts missing from damaged packages. Then the company give you every reason to not settle on the damage. The communication is terrible as well. They say they will call you back and I never got a call back for a week now. I took a loss on my package because the company doesn't reply back. They do not accept responsibility.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I took off work because I was required to sign for a package. I woke up early and waited. No knock. No notification. Checked outside and there was a note. I call customer service multiple times and spoke to a manager. Nothing was solved. They refuse to have the driver redeliver the package even though I called less than an hour from the supposed attempted time. It also won't be able to be picked up until the morning? So now I have to wake up at 8 am on Saturday to go to a location and pick it up myself. What is the point of your business? Customer service was an absolute joke.

Original review: April 6, 2018

They dropped a machine from a very high place or smashed it with something. We had a box professionally made. It was sold on eBay. They returned it before even delivering it to our customer because they knew it was very damaged. The legs were bent up into the machine and it is obvious it was dropped. The box was marked Fragile and in a custom double box. FedEx denied the claim. Unbelievable. How do you take money for insurance then don't cover.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Was hit by package dolly pushed by an employee. I was struck from behind by an employee while walking on the sidewalk. I then tripped and fell face forward hitting the concrete sidewalk causing me to get bruises on my legs and elbows, scrapes on my hands and a swollen lip. The employee REFUSED to help me up, other passersby had to help me up after yelling at him to help me get off the sidewalk. The employee started blaming me for this claiming he shouted a warning. I heard no such warning since it was a busy time of day and a busy area. This is unacceptable!!! If you hit someone, you should help them and make sure they're alright. Not blame them!

Original review: April 4, 2018

Because of my age and health limitations, and because the cat litter is extremely heavy, I have my cat products delivered to me. FedEx has always put them on my front porch. My order with Chewy.com was supposed to be delivered Tuesday. Chewy promises 2 day delivery and they have never let me down! I watched all day yesterday for my order (cat litter) which I needed badly. It never came. When I called Chewy this morning, Wednesday, I was told the order was delivered and was at my "back door." That door is downstairs under a carport in the back of the house. I looked from my deck on the first level and it was not there. The Chewy customer service agent wanted me to look again, so I did. That's when I discovered my boxes at the foot of my deck stairs (maybe 15 stairs) in the driveway, in the rain!!!! Chewy said they would report it, but I desperately needed my order so I called FedEx myself.

I reported what had happened and that I was unable to carry the boxes and that I wanted the driver back out here today to bring it back around to my front porch where it was supposed to be delivered. I had no idea whether or not it was still usable after being in the storms we had last night. The FedEx agent I spoke to this morning SPECIFICALLY SAID AND I QUOTE: "HE HAD SPOKEN TO SOMEONE AND THAT THEY WOULD HAVE THE DRIVER BACK OUT HERE TODAY TO 'DELIVER MY ORDER PROPERLY' ". Again, I went to my front porch back and forth all day looking for it. When it hadn't come by 4:45 pm, I called FedEx again.

I spoke to an agent with no results whatsoever, and then again to their "Customer Service Advocate". Well, guess what?!?! The FedEx Agent from this morning flat out LIED TO ME!!! Turns out he never even entered our phone conversation from this morning into their system, let alone arranged for someone to come back to the house to bring it to my porch!!! Mistakes I can handle. There is NO EXCUSE for LYING. And of course, I didn’t get his name. I wasn’t expecting a lie. He sounded sincere! How foolish was I?

If this review was about Chewy.com, I would give them 5 stars with no reservation. They have been an unusually FANTASTIC company to work with ever since I started ordering from them!!! When I called them after my last conversation with FedEx, I was livid and very close to tears because they had treated me with such an uncaring, irresponsible attitude and had lied to me! The agent listened very patiently and was very caring, was even apologetic even though FedEx’s service had nothing to do with them. Not only was she going to file a report for me, but she placed another order for me!!! Tell me: what company does that!?!?

If you have a choice, do not give your business to FedEx. They are irresponsible and not to be trusted!

Original review: April 4, 2018

When called for explanation for delay, they said they did not know and I could call them back after the delivery of the package for refund. Then when I called they said due to customs issue they did not deliver on time. I asked them what they mean by that and they simply say it's their policy they don't refund when it's a customs issue. I asked them if it was a month delay what would they do and their answer was same. Clearly in the shipping they say 1-3 days which should include these delays. Due to customs issues is a very lame excuse for not doing their job.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Delivery driver came by once and put a door tag on gate and I signed it where he put it in plain sight on gate so he could deliver if something ever came up and I wasn't able to be home. I work nights so I'm usually always home. Next day stayed outside working on vehicles all day waiting on my package which was for the vehicle I was working on. It never came and I stay outside all morning and at night all the way until after midnight and no package.

Went online to check status and the driver had put, "Delivery Exception. Customer not home or business closed." Not only was I there but my door tag was signed and waiting. So I got a few hours sleep and got up and went outside and called FedEx and talked to a line of people with holding on the line in between and having to explain myself to each one and the last guy I talked to told me a case # then said they would call me back in 2 hours. They never did. So I go outside and spend another whole day and night until past midnight outside waiting for my package and they never came so once again I go online and the delivery driver once again scans the package and makes another door tag and it says, "Delivery Exception. Customer not home or business closed."

So next day call them again and they tell me it’s on delivery. Would be there that day. So I spend another whole day outside waiting and no delivery and I go on there and it says "Delivery Exception customer not home or business closed" and the people I talked to promised it would be there and so the next morning I call and I have had enough talking to people that just get paid to talk to you so they can say they have support.

So I ask for management or that specific ship center management so they forward me to a guy who definitely wasn't a professional customer service in his slang words but he told me he was an assistant manager over that area and I explained what was going on and he said the guy put 3 door tags and showed he had scanned the package and that he had to go by what the delivery driver had did and I said I have security cameras that we can go back on and I can show him he didn't come and he says, "Well he scanned it 3 times. It has to sit in their shipping center for 5 days."

And I said, "I got proof he lied and is not doing his job and that means I've already waited 10 days for it to get to where it was first at then the 3 days the delivery driver lied about and then another 5 days" and he said, "I could come up there and pick it up" and I said that 70 miles 1 way 140 round trip and their delivery driver was paid and them to deliver it that if it came down to that we were going to get legal proceedings started and I wasn't too happy.

He could tell and also our security cameras of them not coming and the recorded calls of our conversations and video would be put on YouTube and contacting local media. And then he said, "Let me talk to upper management" and he put me on hold. Then he came 5 minutes later and said they could deliver the next day and got direction information and promised delivery and told me the guy’s name that he said was responsible for delivery was a routine area route driver and so I said ok and he said, "He affirmed delivery next day." And I told him, "Thank you."

Then next day back outside waiting and waiting then it was after 1pm I decided to call and see if it had left ship center and it had not and I told them the assistant manager had told me it would be delivered today after talking to his upper management and they started right back where all the other support personnel did and told me it wouldn't be delivered. It was still in ship center for some reason.

So she transferred me to a guy that I'm pretty sure was a guy I talked to the 2nd day and he was trying to tell me the same thing. They kept trying to tell me was it was scanned and they were going by what the delivery driver had scanned and when I said he can scan it anywhere and say nobody was home and not even go by a place the guy just uh uh uh ok but he scanned the package and I was going to have to go get it and then he pushed my last button and I went wild chihuahua on him and then he agreed to have the actual ship center manager to call me. Which I had already been told I would be called by someone and it hadn't happened yet that it was just a way to get me off the line and on to someone else and no one would call but I think I finally broke through.

About 30 minutes later the ship manager called me and was calm and asked directions and details to my address and I told him and he said he would have it sent out. I said ok and I felt he was sincere so later that evening it finally arrived and the package was in poor shape. It smelt like fish and these were brakes that were in it and the packaging was taped and the inside packaging was just in pieces inside and the box was full of holes and I was worried the brakes would be broken.

I'd say somebody was using it for a pissed off toss toys and they were opened and taped up so maybe why it was so hard for the guy to come back and them to get it to me was the driver found him some of someone else's brakes and the manager wrote "Real Temper" on package which I wouldn't have been tempers flaring if he would keep his employees honest or hire them that way and it was like when I talked to him I was calm so for him to write it on package.

The support must have said it if he had been through 4 days of being stuck waiting at home outside and some lazy driver had screwed you over and sent you through all these support techs that have no power. It for someone to talk to. I took pictures so if there is a place I got pics of what it looked like and will post if I can. And I'm sure where I bought them from is more professional than the delivery service they had transporting it.

I've had plenty of problems with UPS as well but not to this extent and it wasn't so difficult to get to talk to the local office and get things straightened out. The best and most successful shipping company in America is the oldest and most experienced. It is The United States Postal Service. I have not had a problem out of them and instead of getting things late I would get them early which is why I choose them and I prefer them to ship to me as well. Someday with the way the others are performing it will soon be only USPS.

Original review: April 3, 2018

This is going to be a very harsh review. One of my credit card companies offered to overnight a replacement card at no additional cost to me, and that they were sending it via FedEx. After the phone call, I learned it was being sent to the building I live in, and I was concerned because I wouldn't be there to receive it, and it's a very public area. I live in a good area, but unfortunately, people do walk off with things. Via tracking, I saw they tried to leave it there and couldn't, of course. The site said they'd leave a slip with instructions so I looked for it when I got home, and they didn't leave a thing saying they'd been there.

I called twice this morning trying to straighten it out, and pretty much the same thing happened each time. I told them...briefly...what happened, and each time they repeated back what I'd just told them. Example: “I am sorry to tell you, but the driver tried to deliver it and you weren't there so he couldn't.” The second time this happened, I asked the person on the phone if he'd listened to or heard anything I said. Yes, I was probably slightly rude at that point, but he was unbelievable. The first person I talked with suggested I leave a slip with my signature allowing them to leave it at the front door. Really? I mean, really? Leave your signature, which would basically be a legal document, allowing them to leave it there unattended? I am sorry but it was incredibly stupid to even suggest that. I tried to work with the second person more than I did the first, but in each case I gave them my name, address, zip code, etc.

Why did they ask me for it a second time saying they'd to verify it when it'd just been given to them? The first person told me they could just leave it there because there was no restriction on it, while the second told me without being asked that they couldn't, followed by...and I'm not kidding... "Well, what do you want me to do about it?"

At that point I told him they just return it to its point of origin, and he said he needed my phone number too so he could verify things. Why did he say, then, that he was asking all the other questions to verify things? I told him that I wasn't giving him my number because he shouldn’t need it at that point, and he said he had to get it from me. I'm sorry, but he doesn't have to get anything from me at that point, and I told him where he couldn’t handle the information he'd just been given, I certainly wasn’t giving him that. The FedEx drivers are great...I deal with them all the time where I work, but the customer service...the people they have answering the phones... they are what hold FedEx back in a less than #1 spot.

Fedex expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

• Best for: FedEx is best for individuals and businesses that need to ship items fast.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs