FedEx

Compare Shipping Companies

Research top Shipping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

All numbers lead to the same English impaired workers. I had to spell "mountain" 3 times for one employee. After 3 different attempts to communicate with 3 separate fellows. I insisted on FedEx management. I finally was transferred to a nice woman who easily took care of the issue. It's a nightmare calling customer "service".

FedEx received my package on Jun 12 in a city that is 2.5 hours away from my home. That's a driving distance. According to them they are estimating the delivery to be on June 17! It would take 5 days to deliver that package that is 2.5 hours away!! I'm just wondering why they are still in business. They are way slower than USPS and UPS SurePost!!! If the shipper used any of those carriers, I would have received it today "June 14".

I paid nearly $250 to ship 4 items and they all arrived broken. FedEx packed the items and everything? The driver must have thrown them off the truck to get them to break this badly. And of course, NO REFUND of shipping costs or compensation for the broken items. Manager of the store that I shipped from said she can't refund the costs.

I had an item made in China that is very lightweight. They are called clamshells used to hold pans of pressed powder for my cosmetic business. They are not made in Canada so I had no choice but to order from China. The freight forwarder quoted $320.00 USD to ship the four boxes weighing 29 kg by FEDEX. The supplier asked if I wanted to use my own FedEx account for the shipment and so I assumed the price would be the same. All arrived on time but my invoice was for $1,562.03 CDN for the exact same shipment! I am so furious I want to tell everyone how unfair this is. Even if I convert the $320.00 USD to CDN funds at 40% it is under $500.00. I am now having a dispute with the invoicing department.

I ordered an air conditioner on 5/19 through an Amazon partner. FedEx received the package for shipping on 5/24 and by 5/26 it was in the local office in Williston Vermont. Tracking indicated they put it on a truck for delivery on 5/30. It is now 6/11 and I have called 5 times to see when it will be delivered. The FedEx customer reps say they will call the local office and then tell me that will call back, or that the package will be on a truck the next day. Neither has happened to date. One customer rep called the local office and then told me they are short on drivers and that there is no estimated delivery date. She then marked the shipment for local pickup without my approval. At this point, I now plan to drive the 40 miles to pick up my air conditioner cause I now need it. This is not a FedEx dream... It's a nightmare.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

I was very disappointed when I placed an order for some house and beauty supplies. I could not choose a different delivery company. Our package got stolen right after it got delivered to our house. My husband was home and waited for package to arrive. FedEx delivery person DID NOT ring the bell when he/she delivered our package. Other delivery companies we used would always ring the bell when they drop off packages at the door or garage. Online it said that package was dropped off at front door. DID NOT happen. Delivery person left package by garage door. He did not bother to go up 4 steps to the front door to leave package where it should be.

My shipment was picked up April 11 in Australia. To date, it has not been delivered. I believe FedEx has lost it. I emailed the CEO at the FedEx head office, expressing my disastrous experience with Alex **, a FedEx employee who never returns calls, and with FedEx overall. I got a phone call from a Silvia ** at the CEO's office, promising to look into it. She called to say that the FedEx merger with TNT was resulting in 'chaos', that she had called **'s supervisor "Bridget" to follow up and find out what was happening. She didn't call me back so I called her and Silvia said "Bridget" had called while she was away from her phone, but that she would follow up.

Since then, nothing. This has been going on for weeks. If I enter the tracking number in their site, it says the number doesn't exist. I called the general number and a woman said the tracking number didn't exist then she dropped the call. There is NO WAY TO REACH ANYONE ACCOUNTABLE at FedEx. My sender is equally frustrated. She too has been trying to reach someone accountable. Impossible. Neither she nor I will ever use FedEx again. Meanwhile, she is filing a claim.

Fedex SmartPost is not smart at all. In fact, this service is disorganized poorly planned, and poorly executed. I have been waiting for a package from CA to TX for over 10 days. My package was right up the street at Houston Fedex center but because they team up with USPS they took my package four hours away to Dallas. Fedex SmartPost is wasting time and resources to shuffle my package around. I did not receive my package by the delivery date. Whats the point of tracking your package if the company has no idea how to contact the truck drivers directly.

I was told by customer service that they don't know where my package is until it is scanned at a location. These shipping companies need more accountability with their delivery drivers because for another package I was set to receive at my apartment, as I was tracking my package from inside my package an alert popped up that there was an attempt and a door tag left. I was at home all day and an attempt was never made but these truck drivers lie and this causes customer service to lie because they have no idea how to locate or directly contact the drivers. Please FEDEX do better and with your shipping rates your company needs more reliability and accountability.

Yesterday, 6-8-17, my child and I were at Boise's FedEx on (271 on Milwaukee.) I am a business owner and I come here often. This was the worst experience ever. This complaint is about employee **. Yesterday was the third time employee ** harassed my child. Let me tell you about yesterday, first. Yesterday, 6-8-17, I was working on the computer while my child was being a normal child, looking around, searching for greeting cards and discovering. What I witnessed, three minutes after I placed my behind on the computer chair, was unbelievable.

As soon as my child 'dared' to touch an object that was available for him to freely purchase at any time he desired, employee ** rushed to my child, violently pulled an object from his little hands without my permission and, again without my permission, yelled at my child, "Don't steal this!!!" My child ran to me crying. He was terrorized by this woman for the third time. He cried for a long time after that.

First of all, he is a child. Nobody should talk in an accusatory manner to an innocent child. You have a problem with my child, you come to me. I am the parent, you don't traumatize my child, I don't allow you to. Second, **'s job is to 'serve' customers, including children. Children are human beings, they are equal to adults, they have human rights. One should not demean a child like that! What ** did yesterday was unacceptable: she harassed an innocent child, and that happened to be my child.

I (try my best to understand that) some people dislike kids; fine; however, when kids-haters are at the job place, they have a professional responsibility to keep that disgraceful child-hate of theirs in check at all time or else there can be disastrous professional consequences for them. ** traumatized my child yesterday. She demeaned my child. Shame on you, FedEx Boise, Idaho on Milwaukee, for allowing such creatures to run the show. I don't care if ** is "nice" to others; that is irrelevant. She was vicious to my child, and she was vicious for no reason. Unacceptable! Why do my child and I have to suffer? Why do you see us as less human beings than the rest???

There were two other occasions in which the same female employee ** terrorized my child, of which I will only mention one here. I purchased, on another occasion a couple of months ago, a thumb drive from ** and my child wished to hold the thumb drive that I purchased in his hands. Totally acceptable. I purchased something, I decide to give it to my child or not, he is my child, under my supervision, not **'s animal or slave. What ** did was she violently grabbed the thumb drive from my child's innocent little hands, raising her voice at him and showing anger towards him. My child was terrorized. He cried the whole afternoon. Unacceptable treatment of a human being.

How can you, FedEx-district-manager-over-Utah-and-Idaho, still keep such disgraceful creatures employed with the company you represent? Is it because you may have the same discriminatory values as **? Is it because you are corrupted? Is it because you're afraid to be and act like a manager with values? Do you, like your subaltern **, believe that discrimination, selective torture of children, emotional trauma of certain children, and putting 'selected' children down is something of great value, something that should be rewarded at the workforce?

I was in management for the last 5 years working for the federal government. I know about customer service, and I know that there are certain situations that call for brave action. In other words, there are situations in which, regardless of the person's reputation, that person has to be disciplined one way or another. Sometimes there are customer complaints of impressive magnitude, complaints involving civil rights and human rights and doctor's proofs of traumatic experiences - in these cases, something needs to be done, action needs to be taken. My case is one of these. Situations like this one need to be corrected by taking appropriate action. Managers should have the capability and strength to do that.

Why does ** from Boise's FedEx on Milwaukee, treat others with dignity and respect while treating my child and me with hate, discourteous attitude, anger and resentment? She treated my kid worse than a criminal is treated in prison. Why did she put my child down? Why my child? Why not other children of other parents? Why did she choose to traumatize my beautiful, intelligent and active child? This woman has real anger issues. ** needs to go. She needs to be fired.

My child and I should not feel less of human beings because ** hates us. My child and I should not be afraid to enter that FedEx place because an employee hates me or/and my child. That is unheard of in this day and age. We do not support slavery anymore, people. Wake up! Employee ** has discriminated against my child and, as a result, against my person on three occasions. My question to the Consumer Affairs and FedEx is this: Is discrimination supported by FedEx? Is discrimination supported by Consumer Affairs? I thought we live in the 21st century. Am I mistaken? Should FedEx not fire **? I'll ensure FedEx will hear from my attorneys.

FEDEX is totally incompetent!!! This current order has been riding around in their truck for 3 days on the excuse they couldn't find my address. I posted a sign on my mailbox directly above the clearly visible street number on the post "FEDEX" with arrows and directions on [OMG] how to "navigate" my driveway. While I was posting that sign 2 FEDEX trucks whizzed by and totally ignored me POINTING to the sign!!! In the past I have actually had to chain off portions of my drive so they couldn't leave without delivering the package. I Literally had to "TRAP the TRUCK". They seem to think their job is to post "can't deliver" notices on doors even when I'm only 50 feet away as they make a sneak drive through even with big signs posted "FEDEX, LEAVE PACKAGES HERE". I post signs "Honk Horn for Attention". The horn is nearly silent. They won't even wait 30 seconds for me to get to the truck. It's "Meep" ZOOM away. UPS never has a problem.

FedEx may be good for big business, but it's horrendous for small business. I scheduled a pickup, but the package was not picked up. When I called, the person said "sorry, it hadn't been "scheduled"." Fell through the cracks. I asked her how that could happen with an automated computer system, but got no answer. She then scheduled it, and it was picked up, for delivery the next day. When I tracked it, I found "No delivery date scheduled." Another call, and I was told that a "complaint number" had been initiated. Later, I got a call from the local distribution center, saying that the package was lost!!! Apparently the shipping label fell off, and no one could locate the box, even though I described it.

As I contemplated what to do, the package mysteriously showed up AT MY DOOR. Thank goodness, the package had a label from a prior shipment. No one, of course, had told the distribution center lady that was working with me. Every single FedEx employee, except the one kindly woman at the local distribution center, was surly, unhelpful, and obviously felt put out by my calls. And all I wanted was a simple shipment. Next day, I took the package to USPS, and it was mailed and delivered without incident. I would not use FedEx to send a roll of toilet paper across the street. No point writing to FedEx management. They do not give a damn about small business. While FedEx was once a great alternative to USPS, it is now the other way around. FedEx is a disgrace and a tragedy to American business. FedEx is the World's Worst.

I was supposed to receive my package on June 6th 2017. When I tracked the package, it showed "Refused by Recipient" and is being shipped back to the shipper. I called up FedEx customer support and asked them about the status. They claimed that it might be a mistake and promised that they'll make another delivery attempt. On June 7th 2017, when I tracked the package again, it still showed me the same status. So I called them again and got the same promise again. When I mentioned that I can go and pick it up, they said that the package is already out for delivery. I also asked them to leave the package at my door if no one answers and gave them my phone number to reach out in case of any issues.

On June 7th 2017 evening, when I reached home after work, I still haven't received my package. I called them once again and I was told that the package is on its way to the shipper and I will have to resolve this with the shipper. Upon repeating all the promises that they made, all I heard was a bunch of `sorry`. The package contained a gift I ordered for a friend and all I could do now is to feel helpless and disappointment on trusting the FedEx.

I just watched the FedEx guy throw my new furniture against my house and crack! They totally are the worst delivery company out there. He could not of been more reckless and obviously doesn't care about the work he does.

On May 23rd, a package from Walgreens was due to be delivered in the early evening. It rained all day and into the evening. The tracking post indicated a 6:11 pm delivery to my door, but there was no package. I called to have the package located. I did not hear back but later a neighbor notice a box by the street, unprotected. The neighbor brought the package to my door. Coincidentally, I noticed that UPS had delivered a package to my neighbor's door and placed the package in a plastic bag. I placed another call to FedEx and asked to speak to a manager. My basic question is: What is FedEx's policy regarding rainy days? Two weeks have passed; no call from management. Here's my brief conclusion: UPS cares enough to get the package to the consumer and out of harm's way, FedEx does not.

Well my package was due to be at my house on the 3rd and I went to go see if they may have dropped it off and when I got downstairs and the FedEx driver was driving off and did not leave a note on the door or call my house to find which apartment was mine. When I called FedEx about what happened they told me that they would make sure that I would get my package before the end of the night so I waited and nothing came. And the worst part is I paid for overnight shipping. FedEx is the worst.

I am from Sydney, Australia. I stopped using FedEx a long time ago, they are really crap in Australia. I got far better service with UPS here. However I purchased a watch as a gift from the USA, I checked the shipping time before that. As I am leaving home to Melbourne the delivery time was so important for me. Unfortunately, the seller used FedEx to send the watch.

However, FedEx surprised me and the item was in local facility on time. I got a nice message about the shipping time. I was expecting 6 package altogether that day, all signature required. So, I was at home all the time, actually we were 3 people at home. I saw the driver on the way in FedEx tracking. But, I was surprised again when at 11:50 pm the tracking showed me that, "I am not at home" and they attempted a delivery.

My home is in the inner city, on a quiet neighbourhood. This is a small wooden house next to wide road. Moreover, I signed another package at just 11:30 from Toll shipping service. We never left the house for a single second. But the Fedex driver claimed that he came and nobody was at home. But I guess he forgot to leave the shipping note as there was none.

I called Fedex and explain everything, the person from the service took nearly 30 minutes and came up a solution that the driver is coming back to my house by 40-45 minutes. So, I wait wait wait. But that never happened. It was Friday, so now they are telling me that they cannot do anything about this. The FedEx customer service even refused to give me any kind of explanation. They gave me a option to pick that up from the depot. Or they can try to ship Next business day (Monday), when I will be on road to Melbourne. But I am looking for an explanation. Really disappointed by the lying. It's a shame for such a big company or the biggest liar.

On May 12th, I went to FedEx to send a package from Miami to Chile, and one of its contents was a makeup foundation. So I asked the man who attended me if there was any restriction on sending cosmetic products to Chile, to which he answered me that there wasn't any problem at all, and that the package should be arriving to its destination on Monday the 15th at 6 pm. But so big was my surprise when I hear that instead of delivering the package, Fedex left a note saying that they regret to inform that the package was being held because (cosmetics) needs a special permits (authorization) from the Chilean Ministry of Health to get into the country (because it is a restricted product) additionally to have to pay multas.

After that I contacted an Aduana agent who informed me that Fedex knows the aduana's rules of entry and that they know what kind of products can entry and which have problems of retention. Afterwards, I sent emails to Customer Services Support complaining about the situation and demanding them to recover the package and delivered to me without extra cost due to the mistake was from their side. For that they took more than a week to answer me that they were not responsible for the retention and that the only solution was to pay them again a re-delivery for the package (Chile to Miami) for that I refused, but it was in vain because I didn't get any good answer from them... It is pay or lose my package. All and all, the only thing I can say after this sour experience is that Fedex is an unreliable company, expensive and horrible customer support.

One more terrible review for Fedex. I was home all day, hovering by the door, but still they claim no one was home so they couldn't deliver the package. Customer service was useless. Apparently no one works at the distribution center where my package was shipped from, so they couldn't get in touch with ANYONE who would know about my parcel's status. Still, they tell me that my package will most assuredly be delivered before 2 PM the next day. 3 PM rolls around, package is "on FedEx vehicle for delivery". Once again, customer service is unable to contact the distribution facility or the driver, despite multiple calls. Guess I'm just out hundreds of dollars then? Is this an actual company or a complex, international scam?

When I received my package it wasnt delivered on time. This was last week. 3 days later called the cust service lines and was given the runaround. I wont use them again. Was a lot of money and saved using the USPS. Same services lower rates.

I had requested a package that was due for delivery to be re-routed to my work address for it required a signature. I paid $5 and received confirmation that my package would be delivered as expected. I then began receiving notifications that my package was in route and on schedule and to be sure to that someone was going to be there to sign. On the day it was due to be delivered I received the same confirmation that morning, however the second notification was to notify me that my package was not able to be delivered because the business was closed and a tag was left on the door. I was mortified! My office was clearly not closed and FedEx never made any attempt to deliver there.

When calling FedEx customer service I was advised that they attempted to deliver at my original address and that it takes 24 to 48 hours for the system to re-direct a address change. I requested the address change 30 something hours prior but asked, "why did I receive at least 10 notifications that my package was on its way to the address I had requested." The FedEx representative advised me that "had I read the manual I would have understood their terms". I couldn't believe what I was hearing! So before you work with FedEx make sure you request their manual! Looking forward to working with the drones.

FedEx updated one address and managed to screw up the delivery 7 times, unable to deliver and instead of taking responsibility for the issue said it was our fault. Though we had been repeatedly telling them the exact same information. There was no offer to expedite or to provide an alternative, instead each and every agent of the half a dozen or so had the same dismissive attitude and could care less that they had made mistakes or delayed us. The issue is still yet to be resolved and at this point, I have a hard time believing they will actually deliver it.

I have called since 7:00am to confirm that package would be picked up. I stayed home only for the driver never to show-up. I have called every hour on the hour only to get the runaround. I am so disgusted by their lack of service. I even confronted a driver delivering a package to my neighbor and he refused to take my package. This is insane. The level of runaround is crazy.

If you are using Bodybuilding.com to order your products, please do not use FedEx. Here are the reasons why? If you are getting discounted products from the website, while paying the customs in your country they will use the full value and calculate the customs on that. FedEx representative will not contest with Customs person on your behalf and you will end up paying more. There are a lot of additional handling charges by FedEx which will be required to pay along with Customs charges. If you are living in a non-metro city, FedEx might come back and ask you to send few additional documents to deliver the product in your state and believe me that is a lot of work. As you know how Sarkari things work. The final option will be for you to go to FedEx main warehouse and pick it up yourself. In nut-shell, you will end up waiting for over a month, will pay extra and a lot of pains in follow up. Not worth it.

I have called and spoke with multiple people day after day in regards to a volume freight shipment and have been lied to over and over about where the shipment is. Worst shipper ever and customer service is beyond the poorest with this company. Do yourself a favor and avoid them like the plague.

The worst customer service! They lost my package. I tried to call 10 times. Every time they have a different excuse. They said, there are no guarantees for international services. So sad I did not know that before.

I shipped my package on Friday, May 19th, 2017. I knew that they wouldn't pick my package up from the drop-box over weekend, so I waited for the weekend. I called FedEx customer support on May 22nd about not being able to track my package and they said, "Give it a night, try again in the morning." After then, I called them twice a day to know about my package and all the time they get away with excuses. I've never been treated like this. Nevertheless, the package was containing $1030 worth of a laptop and $130 worth of warranty card. I am a college student. And I cannot afford this loss, and I was returning this package to the company where I bought from.

Whenever I call FedEx, they'll lure me into filing a case and give me case number. They did it twice and first time, the representative messed up so it turned out I was wrong. The second time, I was expecting call from them in 2 hours and it's been four full days. FedEx is the worst company ever to respond to their customer. I'm never using it again. And my issue is still not resolved. Any suggestion FedEx? Wait you're not reading it, you're scrolling through it. Right?

I ordered a mattress from Walmart.com to be express delivered to my home because I was moving. I ordered the mattress on Wednesday and it was suppose to be delivered Friday, with Walmart's 2-day shipping and plus express shipping. As I was tracking my package with FedEx it said that it would not be delivered until Tuesday the following week. I have never ordered anything from Walmart.com before. Once I saw that my mattress would not be delivered until Tuesday I became furious! Why on earth would I pay express shipping to have my package delivered almost a week later. I usually order through Amazon.com and I never have an issue with the delivery. I would not recommend FedEx delivery to anyone. Never again do I want anything ship with FedEx. I was highly disappointed.

FedEx has a lack of quick expedited complaint service when a claim or taking responsible action when they lose a parcel by guessing when they had re-boxed it and sent it to another corporate giant Whirlpool Corporation, which they also didn't care either from what I was told. I have insurance on this 130-lb box that vanished from screen on April 27th, 2017, enroute to Chicago hub. Tracking info **, it's now May 28, 2017, and I get a weekend cookie cutter response (still under review), with I'm sure no follow up, I also left Fred Smith the CEO a message, he likes to hear from us so said, let's see where this one goes.

No one seems to care from what I've been thru and it scares me to read how FedEx tries to get out of taking care of claims also on this site. I'm out 3000.00 in retails profits from what was lost by FedEx, and had put 1000.00 insurance on it, additional information has been sent a week ago, all I get is still under review. REALLY, pay the claim for what was handled/lost/re-boxed by FedEx and then shipped to wrong people (Whirlpool Corporation) because the product where it originally came from Whirlpool (can you imagine that). Wow, still under review mind you!! Get real humans to help out, not a lousy recorded program that impossible to deal with.

I forgot my phone at home when I went on vacay to Cancun Mexico. I had it shipped down to me, two day delivery for $97.16. It was finally delivered in 7 days, just after I checked out for my flight home. My phone is still sitting in the Cancun office. Dozens of phone calls and emails to their rude, dishonest, incompetent customer service team has gotten me nowhere, I sit and wait. One woman even had the nerve to tell me I had to pay to get it shipped back to my home. I'm an idiot for making two mistakes, 1) for forgetting my phone in the first place, 2) for having it shipped by FedEx. FEDEX SUCKS!

I ordered my daughter's birthday present from Amazon. Amazon is amazing... However if it does not ship UPS and comes by FEDEX there is a problem every time with the delivery. I checked my tracking # today and it was out for delivery to my house so I rechecked the delivery online at 4 and it said my package was undeliverable because I didn't add my apt #... I live in a house! So when I called FEDEX they said it would be here by 8 pm today and they apologized. Nope didn't show up at 8 pm either! So then I called back to FEDEX CUSTOMER SERVICE and the lady said it wouldn't come until Wednesday now. I asked why and the answer was "Your package was probably the only one going so far out into the country where you live so the driver was probably too lazy to come out there considering it's a holiday weekend and they wanted to get off work early... There is really no excuse I could make for you ma'am, sorry"

I mean thanks for your honesty but the driver ruined my daughter's 10th birthday because of their laziness. I have all future packages arriving by UPS (per Amazon helping me with my other orders that are to be delivered next week by FedEx and that wonderful woman helped me changed delivery options to UPS)... I paid extra $ to have this package by TODAY and FEDEX couldn't get it done. Great job guys... My 10 year old daughter and I thank you so much... Makes me sick that people at FEDEX get paid for being liars and lazy. To the driver... I hope you have a great weekend because my daughter was in tears because of you! And calling FEDEX... POINTLESS!!! They do nothing to help at all. INCREDIBLE DISAPPOINTMENT WITH FEDEX!!!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.
  • FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.
  • Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.
  • Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.
  • FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.
  • Best for FedEx is best for individuals and businesses that need to ship items fast.

Compare Shipping Companies