2. Moving

FedEx
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.42/5
Based on 5,554 ratings submitted in the last year

FedEx Reviews

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I had ordered a part for my car on Thursday 12/5. The part was in Jacksonville by 7:00 pm. on 12/6. I knew the part couldn't make to that day, even though I paid for overnight. I was ok with that. I was sure they would get it to me on Saturday, around 3:30 a FedEx truck went by my house, no package for me me. I contacted the service center and they were very helpful. I let the gentleman know I needed this part so I could fix my car so I could get to work on Monday. About 30 minutes later a kind gentleman called me from the Jacksonville sorting center, I was told all the drivers had finished that route, however he had a driver that had just finished his shift and would see if he could bring my package.

The driver in his own personal vehicle brought the package to me. Outstanding service to go above and beyond to help me out. I hope this get back to the employees involved. I want to thank them for being outstanding people. To the driver thank you so very much for going out of your way help me out. This speaks highly of your professionalism. Thank you again. From Ted

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I’m giving 7 stars out of 5 stars. I would like to convey my utmost appreciation to FedEx team that handled my package professionally (Tracking id: **). My sender (Arun ** from ASPARTS) initially had a major delivery issue with DTDC Cochin branch. Poor guy, after much hassling with DTDC Cochin, he finally managed to secure and reroute the parcel via FedEx Cochin. Million thanks to my sender (Arun **), he’s very professional and responsible in handling the matter. He assured me that by hook or crook I will receive the painting and as assured I received it. Thanks Arun ** from ASPARTS!

Also kudos to Singapore FedEx customer service officers (Mr. ** and Ms. **) and a special mention about Ms. **- she really calmed my anxiety considerably through her style of communication as I thought I had lost the parcel. Last but not least, thank you so much to all FedEx team (both Cochin and SG) for the rehandling service, relocating the missing parcel and redelivering promptly to my address.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I was a FedEx Ground driver. The customers will complain about anything. From "I been waiting all day" to "Why didn't you wait for me to come to door." I delivered in a major city. Days I had over 250 packages to deliver. We don't wait around for people to come to door. Number 1. 90% of people you deliver to are not home. If we didn't leave package our trucks will be back at terminal full everyday. You assume the risk. If your package goes missing that's the risk you take or go to the market to get your toilet paper.

The things I delivered furniture, refrigerators, bedframes etc. Okay yes your packages are getting stepped on. First things first they are in a TRUCK. Potholes l, curbs etc. Your boxes are falling on the ground from when driver pulls off. And guess what. That package has been on 2 other trucks before getting to local destination. Those boxes have been thrown 10+ times from shipping company to package handlers etc. Every day is different. One day you might have 150 packages to deliver. Next day it's 250. So you were waiting around all day see how fast you can deliver 250. You don't leave terminal till 9am 250 is guarantee 7pm day. No break. If the package is that important to you I wouldn't get it on a TRUCK. The terminal will give you a delivery time all day because they have no idea what time driver will get to the stop. How the driver delivered the package and the route used is up to the driver. So think before you complain.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Last month I ordered from a catalog and it was sent out by FedEx but delivered by the postal service. I thought it was strange also last month I ordered some medical supplies and they were sent out FedEx and to be delivered by the postal service. I think this is dumb. Because if they ship it out by FedEx you pretty much know when it will be delivered. But when they delivered by USPS you have to wait around for the mail carrier. I did google it and found out that they have what's called simple ship which is a cheaper rate when FedEx delivers it to the post office and the post office delivers it. From now on when it says how much shipping is I'm going to ask is this being delivered by FedEx or will it be delivered by USPS. Though I did find a tracking through USPS and they said by the end of the day but knowing our carrier and I'm in a senior building we don't know when that is. There's no set time that they deliver.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Today is a rainy day in Del Rio, TN, but that didn't stop my FedEx driver! We live a mile up from the main highway on a steep mountain dirt road. He couldn't drive all the way up today due to the mud, so he walked my package up the driveway!! This man is always friendly every time as well as every other driver, but he went the extra mile! Unlike any other mail delivery service here, I can always count on FedEx to bring my packages to the door. I wish I could choose FedEx for all my deliveries!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

The worst delivery company EVER! Every time someone sends us a package through FedEx there's always issues. We've experienced lie after lie from drivers. We also have video of a driver throwing a package at our door. We've been told they "forgot" to physically put a package on the truck even after scanning it for delivery. Twice we got a notice that they attempted to deliver and no one was home, another lie since we are sitting here watching you sit in the road in front of our house and we can hear your music blaring!!! We have it all on camera and the customer support has absolutely no control over the situations and can't do much to help except contact the facility. It doesn't matter to them about the customers who are waiting for a package, the sender has already paid for the shipping so they made their money. To hell with the delivery process.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Been with their customer support for the past week and a half and it’s been an unbelievable lack of customer support. First phone call was an to update them which we come to find out on the second phone call, they claimed the call was never made and it dragged on. A few days later, I call to follow up and we find that they need additional information which we provided. Out of frustration, I called again and were told they're holding the package for unless fees are paid.

With this all said, they refuse to return the package. We would have to pay for the package to be returned. Second, the package is a gift for an infant, and I come to find that they labeled the gift as a commercial export. Third, their staff is given a script to recite. If this isn’t highway robbery, I don’t know what to say. Based on this experience, I can guarantee I will never use them for professional usage again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I ordered a set of tires on 1/13/2020 and unfortunately they were sent by FedEx, and FedEx lost them. How do you lose tires??? Then I got one tire from FedEx that was left in my driveway, thank God I was home when that was delivered. This was after I had put delivery instructions on their website. Then the Company shipped another 3 tires, unfortunately through FedEx again because they have a contract with them and cannot do anything until their contract runs out. So again, I provided delivery instructions and instead of FedEx reading the instructions as asked for, instead of putting them in the garage or at least at the side door to the garage in order to screen them from the road and avoid having them stolen, they put them on the Front Porch next to the door so everyone can see them, including the hoodlums in the neighborhood. I don't understand why they didn't leave a sign "Free Tires, take them."

So I called FedEx customer service (that was another waste of time like the delivery instructions), told them what had happened and I get "Sorry, if they are stolen, let us know and we will investigate". Sure, I'll be without the tires and without my money. FedEx is a joke when it comes to delivery, they don't care whether the customer gets their goods or not, they get paid either way for nothing. If I could have given them no stars, I would have. Thanks a lot for NOTHING, FEDEX!!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

The rudest customer support experience ever. I sent a car key to my husband in Wichita, KS to be delivered on 12/30/19 at 8:30 am. The package got lost on that day and FedEx calls him to say that. My husband had to come back so now he finds person to make a replacement. It costs him $230.So he gets it made by night or 12/30 and drive back home. FedEx delivers key to wichita next day 12/31. I receive claim has been declined letter today with stupidest reason. I call customer service and they give me number for revenue dept. The guy listens to my story and says, "We will reimburse your fees." And I ask, "What about my $230." He says, "No we don’t pay that" and says, "I am declining your request" and hang up. Like the worst of the worst customer service ever. Never doing business with them again. Can they be sued? If there was less than 1 Star I would have chosen that.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I had a package shipped to a family member. It was never received. I called FedEx and was told it was delivered. The driver never went to the house. The time and date the tracking said he was there someone was home. Now they are telling me my claim was not approved because it did not request a signature. The company to me is encouraging their driver to take what they want with this policy. The driver was never at the house therefore in my opinion, they saw what was inside and took it. I will never use FedEx again. And their customer service sucks big time.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Fedex expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

• Best for: FedEx is best for individuals and businesses that need to ship items fast.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team