2. Moving

Based on 2,342 ratings submitted in the last year

Fedex Gallery (4)
View More View More

FedEx Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I ordered a very important package that needed to be handled with care as it was very expensive almost 2 thousand dollars. The FedEx driver delivered it on a day where the weather was horrible. Not his fault of course. He double bagged my package in to giant plastic bags, tied the ends of the bags and he was not satisfied with just that since he didn't think that would keep it dry since the wind was also blowing very hard. He took my recycle bin that was outside and placed it over the bagged packages and then also grabbed a piece of a cinder block of concrete and placed it on top of the recycle bin. After that he wrote a note and placed the note inside my storm door telling me where my package was and why he did that. He wanted to make sure it didn't get wet, destroyed or stolen and I certainly appreciated the job he did and continues to do.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I had ordered a part for my car on Thursday 12/5. The part was in Jacksonville by 7:00 pm. on 12/6. I knew the part couldn't make to that day, even though I paid for overnight. I was ok with that. I was sure they would get it to me on Saturday, around 3:30 a FedEx truck went by my house, no package for me me. I contacted the service center and they were very helpful. I let the gentleman know I needed this part so I could fix my car so I could get to work on Monday. About 30 minutes later a kind gentleman called me from the Jacksonville sorting center, I was told all the drivers had finished that route, however he had a driver that had just finished his shift and would see if he could bring my package.

The driver in his own personal vehicle brought the package to me. Outstanding service to go above and beyond to help me out. I hope this get back to the employees involved. I want to thank them for being outstanding people. To the driver thank you so very much for going out of your way help me out. This speaks highly of your professionalism. Thank you again. From Ted

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I’m giving 7 stars out of 5 stars. I would like to convey my utmost appreciation to FedEx team that handled my package professionally (Tracking id: **). My sender (Arun ** from ASPARTS) initially had a major delivery issue with DTDC Cochin branch. Poor guy, after much hassling with DTDC Cochin, he finally managed to secure and reroute the parcel via FedEx Cochin. Million thanks to my sender (Arun **), he’s very professional and responsible in handling the matter. He assured me that by hook or crook I will receive the painting and as assured I received it. Thanks Arun ** from ASPARTS!

Also kudos to Singapore FedEx customer service officers (Mr. ** and Ms. **) and a special mention about Ms. **- she really calmed my anxiety considerably through her style of communication as I thought I had lost the parcel. Last but not least, thank you so much to all FedEx team (both Cochin and SG) for the rehandling service, relocating the missing parcel and redelivering promptly to my address.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I was a FedEx Ground driver. The customers will complain about anything. From "I been waiting all day" to "Why didn't you wait for me to come to door." I delivered in a major city. Days I had over 250 packages to deliver. We don't wait around for people to come to door. Number 1. 90% of people you deliver to are not home. If we didn't leave package our trucks will be back at terminal full everyday. You assume the risk. If your package goes missing that's the risk you take or go to the market to get your toilet paper.

The things I delivered furniture, refrigerators, bedframes etc. Okay yes your packages are getting stepped on. First things first they are in a TRUCK. Potholes l, curbs etc. Your boxes are falling on the ground from when driver pulls off. And guess what. That package has been on 2 other trucks before getting to local destination. Those boxes have been thrown 10+ times from shipping company to package handlers etc. Every day is different. One day you might have 150 packages to deliver. Next day it's 250. So you were waiting around all day see how fast you can deliver 250. You don't leave terminal till 9am 250 is guarantee 7pm day. No break. If the package is that important to you I wouldn't get it on a TRUCK. The terminal will give you a delivery time all day because they have no idea what time driver will get to the stop. How the driver delivered the package and the route used is up to the driver. So think before you complain.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Last month I ordered from a catalog and it was sent out by FedEx but delivered by the postal service. I thought it was strange also last month I ordered some medical supplies and they were sent out FedEx and to be delivered by the postal service. I think this is dumb. Because if they ship it out by FedEx you pretty much know when it will be delivered. But when they delivered by USPS you have to wait around for the mail carrier. I did google it and found out that they have what's called simple ship which is a cheaper rate when FedEx delivers it to the post office and the post office delivers it. From now on when it says how much shipping is I'm going to ask is this being delivered by FedEx or will it be delivered by USPS. Though I did find a tracking through USPS and they said by the end of the day but knowing our carrier and I'm in a senior building we don't know when that is. There's no set time that they deliver.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: June 5, 2020

I made a purchase of an air condition unit from Wayfair. FedEx made a delivery of the item purchased. The Driver of the Fedex backed into my Driveway and hit one of the vehicles that was parked in our driveway. I contacted Fedex and they responded and asked that I I submit to them, pictures of the accident, which I did. However, despite following up on this matter I have not received any other response from Fedex. It is as if the accident never happened.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Paid nearly $100 to ship express. Was promised a delivery date of 6/1/20. It's now 6/4/20. Tracked the package and it's been running from Shenzhen to Hong Kong to Taiwan and been sitting in Taiwan since. Called customer support, they have no clue why it was routed to Taiwan, no idea when it will leave Taiwan. Hey Fedex, doesn't express mean fast shipping? What am I paying the big bucks for?

Original review: June 2, 2020

Ordered products to be delivered the end of May. FedEx sent a text indicating my pkg would be here Monday, June 1st by close of business. After waiting all day for delivery, FedEx sent another text indicating pkg would arrive Tuesday, June 2nd between 9am & 1:45pm. Again, we waited all day. Just received a text indicating pkg would be here by close of business - whose business? Theirs or mine? FedEx has no idea when they'll be here. I won't be ordering from the company again since they used FedEx to deliver their products.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I ordered a package delivered FEDEX on the 21st of May with 5-10 day shipping. This is already longer than the 2-3 days offered through other shipping companies. However, you can only pick from the options given, so shoot. I had 12 days before I needed the package for a client presentation. Today is June 2nd, the package has been less than 4 hours from my address for 2 days now and I did not get my package in time for the presentation. We did not get the client, as we did not have our presentation materials.

I just got an update from FEDEX, the package will be delivered by June 6th. I have no option for Refund, was not allowed to collect my package myself, had to pay for this service ahead of time, and no longer need the materials contained within my order... There are not enough words to describe my disappointment. I know COVID is a thing right now, but where USPS and UPS have been delayed 1-2 days (+25%-50% increase in shipping time) I cannot fathom the reason for an additional 7 days (+70%-140% increase in shipping time).

Original review: June 2, 2020

I ordered a package from California. It tracked through California, New Mexico, Kansas and then to my state of Illinois. To be exact it was 55 miles from my home. Then for some "not too smart" reason it was sent to Wisconsin and then to Minnesota. I called FedEx about this and they started to give me their "canned" response about this is how we do it. I then confronted them about the fact that I had ordered the same item from the same company 9 times before and in those cases when the package got to Illinois it was tendered to a local post office for last leg delivery and not sent to two other states. Their response "That doesn't matter. We have to do what is best for us".

Fedex author review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team