1.38/5

3280 FedEx Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Twice in one month FedEx has claimed to deliver my packages. Needless to say they didn’t arrive. Not only am I frustrated but the customer service rep asks if I checked with my neighbors to see if they have it. I paid for shipping and handling and now I’m supposed to hunt around for it. I’ll take UPS!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Verizon shipped my package on 10/15/18 FedEx next day. I tracked the package online and call customer service 3 times. To date, the package still has not been delivered. I could have driven from NC to the shipper in PA, picked up the package myself, and driven back home by now.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I will never order anything again from anybody that ships with FedEx. Anybody else OK. Every time FedEx is the delivery company there are issues. UPS delivers to me almost every day. They leave packages and always on time. Today I heard the FedEx truck out there. Heard the door slide shut and I went out there and no package no note nothing. Lazy ** didn't knock, ring the doorbell or nothing! I was home all day waiting for this package and now they say it will be delivered tomorrow. I have meetings tomorrow I won't be here. NEVER AGAIN FEDEX.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I ordered some parts that were supposed to be delivered on Friday the 12th of October. I set the parts to come to my work because I would be there and generally items arrive earlier. EVERY single time that something has been shipped by Fedex to my home there has been an issue. Another reason I choose to use my work, for the just in case it gets shipped by Fedex. On the items I put shipped to business and the business name to make sure they knew it wasn't a residential home. The item updated Friday saying it was going to be here Saturday. Awesome, being we don't work Saturday. I was hoping they would leave the package outside and I would run up to work and get it. This didn't happen but wasn't a big deal.

My tracking information updated and said next available business day but showed Tuesday. Again, not that big of a deal because I know Fedex ground considers next business day Tuesday through Saturday. Now, today they show attempted delivery was made and that the business was closed. Clearly a bold face lie in that in the front office of my business someone is at the front desk during business hours. No exceptions. This is not to mention I work in the back office and have been here since 0630 as well as over 200 other employees.

So, I call of course to see where my package and why it wasn't delivered. Gives me vague responses and ask if we took lunch. The guy of course doesn't really acknowledge what I am saying but ask if I want it to be brought to a pick up area. I say "of course that way I can at least get the package today 4 days after I should have." He makes the change and then hangs up. This is 1238. I wait to see something update on my tracking, when finally it does saying that the package wouldn't be delivered to the pickup location of the customer service rep recommended place until tomorrow. Truly I do not understand why Fedex or other customers continue to put up with these types of employees.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I have an order from Comcast mobile, and they ship it using FedEx 2 days shipping. They shipped it 3 days, still can't make it. I have waiting in my home all day. Finally I found out that they just drove around our apartment, and saw that the building need access, then they just left without any customer phone call. They even didn't try to find my apartment, because my apartment is at 1st floor, there's a separate door. I hate FedEx!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

FedEx have become absolutely incompetent. I never use them by choice and am now at the point where if I order something online and Fedex is the only way it will be delivered, I don't proceed with the order. I have spent the last 4 days chasing 3 packages, all time sensitive (one perishable) that were supposed to be here days before they finally arrived. In one case, I ended up going to the depot to pick it up, as these people don't seem able to deliver a package correctly just 21 miles from my home. They have ONE JOB - get something from point A to point B and that seems to be beyond their capabilities. UPS NEVER have an issue, everything arrives on time and I don't have to make multiple phone calls to chase it down. AVOID FEDEX - maybe they will clean up their act if enough people speak up.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I have just had the most astonishingly terrible customer service at FedEx. I could not even believe at the time, or I should say at EACH time, that this was FedEx. I could not believe that the company operated like this on the backside. When a company's Customer Service department has to transfer you to a Customer Advocate department, you know there's a problem. A company that has the need for both.

I placed an online order, and FedEx was sending it to the wrong address. I called them immediately to correct the address, but the fellow did not properly do so. Called the next day and was told the fellow I now spoke to was correcting the address. He said the person the day before did nothing. The next day my package was delivered to the wrong address. This started a stream of more calls throughout departments at FedEx including Trace, and this company seems to have no accountability, caring for how their customers are treated or the misinformation the incompetence exhibited by the company's staff.

After being told my package had been picked up from the wrong address but that the driver did not know what to do with the package because there were two addresses on it (one which was supposed to be the address to which it was supposed to be correctly sent to), that same station manager told me in the next breath that when the driver went back to pick-up the package from the wrong address, it was gone (ie that it had been taken). Just terrible service across the board, and I do not recommend these people at all!

I asked to speak with a manager. Evidently managers aren't available to speak with at FedEx; the customer service representatives will transfer you to the Customer Advocate department, but they will not give you any identifying information (so no accountability). Alexis in the Customer Advocacy promised me she would call me within 20 minutes so that she could research my situation. She never did. Others Jonathan (in CUURC), Joy in Fort Myers (did not return call - **), Brandon in Fort Myers (totally conflicting information given **) "Manager" Rebecca id or extension ** on 10/1, Dan **. Total incompetence, lack of caring, no follow-through across the board at this company.

Wenchill or something (girl who answered telephone in the Fairfield, CA office - put me on hold for over 20 minutes while she was getting the "manager for me"). She never came back on the line so I had to hang-up and call back. The fellow I then spoke with told me her name and seemed aware that she had left me on hold for that duration of time, but he didn't seem to care. I can't find my note with his name now, but he told me he was a "manager" there - Adam or something. Awful awful awful.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

WHY DO PEOPLE SHIP USING FEDEX? I WILL NEVER KNOW. I have been running a business for 9 years now and every time consistently that I have an order that is shipped FedEx it arrives late and takes a ridiculous amount of time to get here. Like a week and a half when the shipment is only one state away. Also the promised ship date always changes to a later date on the day it supposed to be delivered. How is this place still in business??!! It is to the point now that I ask companies to please not use FedEx to ship my merchandise. In my opinion, FedEx is a disgrace to shipping department all over the U.S. and should be avoided at all cost. I even emailed the "Customer service". What a joke and never even get a response. FedEx, you do not even deserve a business license.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Only my latest bad experience with FedEx: Made me take hours off work and sit home waiting with "Out for Delivery" and then called and said they tried to deliver but didn't because they couldn't find my normal and easy address (Delivery Exception: Stupidity). I think in General FedEx does not care about customer satisfaction so should never be used by companies to sell and ship their products. The phone assistant that called was also rude and unapologetic about the entire situation. FedEx is good only for ad and pamphlet delivery.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Tracking showed that my package was loaded on a truck to be delivered today AND an hour later was scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, It's a large expensive package and I'd like to be here when it delivers. I chatted with FedEx cust service about which tracking history was accurate. Rep gave no real answer. Just generic responses. Was this a live person? Rep said, "I am about to answer a question I have already answered, do you want me to answer it again?" THIS WAS VERY RUDE. I gave up and still don't know if I can leave my home or if I must wait for the package to deliver today. This very inconvenient.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

My product showed up in town early on a Monday, but because it is not due to deliver until Friday, they will not deliver it. The product sits in the warehouse for 5 days. They wont let me come by and pick it up either. Every day, the FedEx truck drives by my house twice a day... they smile and wave and my product just sits in the warehouse. UPS will deliver it early if it arrives early. I didn't choose FedEx for delivery, the seller did or I would have chosen UPS. This has now happened twice from 2 different sellers. WORST. COMPANY. EVER.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I ordered items that were shipped through FedEx. The delivery driver did not even bother to bring it inside our building and leave it at the door. The box was just dropped on concrete steps, outside in the rain. When I say dropped, I mean literally dropped: the box was broken open in two places. I contacted FedEx about this and got a scripted response, with the promise that a manager would follow up in 24 hours. Over 72 hours later, I haven't heard a single word from them, which is really not surprising. What kind of customer service is this?! Anyone could have stolen the package since it was dropped and broken open, not to mention the damage from the rain. Do yourself a favor and avoid FedEx!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

HORRIBLE!!! Took off work for my scheduled delivery... Never came and they then switched my delivery to Monday. Called to try and pick it up, manager said I would receive a phone call to get it from Exton, NO phone call!! Called Sat morning, NOPE they don't work on the weekends. Now, I am supposed to take off ANOTHER DAY OF WORK TO FIT YOUR SCHEDULE?? I will walk my packages before EVER USING THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Omg. This has got to be the most incompetent company in existence. My husband is running around now trying to figure out where a driver left a $600 package that was supposed to be delivered today. Apparently the apt # was wrong on our package but there is no existing apt with the number that was on it... so apparently the driver just took it upon himself to just leave it at some random place. We call customer service numerous times and all we get is, "Oh sorry. We'll investigate and get back to you in 48 hrs!!!" In the meantime our merchandise is gone!!! So there's no protocol for packages when there's no existing address??? Aside from not being able to understand any of the customer service people this place is absolutely worthless! I will never use FedEx again!!! Oh and maybe you should hire some employees with half a brain who can read simple ** numbers... just a thought!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Stated they attempted delivery at 5:49pm but the business was closed which was a lie. We are open as I type this at 7:10pm for FedEx said they guaranteed delivery today. Now they say they will deliver next business day which is Monday. What did I pay 2 day shipping for??? Not to be lied to... going to switch to UPS or DHL or the USPS is even better than being lied to. Do not ever believe what FedEx states, I have had some delivery problems in the past but they always have an excuse. ** FedEx.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I am fed up with FedEx, will never again deal with any company that uses them. Had a package shipped to me two day, would be Friday by 8 pm. They did not pick it up until late so it sits locally at FedEx until Monday because they are the only shipping company that does not deliver on Saturdays and will not let you pick it up in person. They must be super cheap to deal with because their service really sucks. Now a two day shipment turned into 5 days. I also have a business and like things delivers when promised and not when FedEx decides it’s convenient for them. I personally do not use them because they are unreliable. Now I have to look for other suppliers that do not use them to make sure I get my orders on time because they’re so unreliable. With everyone having similar problems you would think they’d get their act in gear and start making customers their first priority or change the name to fed up.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

What a horrible delivery company. They are worse than USPS. Suppose to get my delivery today and the item being delivered is at the FedEx location 12 miles away. Just received an update for delivery 4 days from now... the item is now located 248 miles away. How does this happen. I will NEVER use FedEx again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I received "Tendered to authorized agent for final delivery" 5 days ago, still waiting. This is Moncton NB, 160,000 people tops. I hope you fair better in New York, or has the receiver passed away of old age before they get the item.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I used FedEx 2 days to ship a dress I had in hand to New York. They lost my package and said I can buy a new dress and file a claim, which I did. They reimbursed me for just the dress itself, and the original FedEx 2 day shipping cost for the dress that was lost. The problem is, when I had to buy the new dress, the company I bought it from does not ship for free, so I had to pay for that shipping. FedEx refused to reimburse me for that shipping because it was not through FedEx and I did not have a FedEx tracking number. It does not make sense because I have no control what courier service the dress company uses.

All they kept saying was, "We already reimbursed you for the shipping so we can't reimburse you again for additional shipping." They did not understand that I the new dress had shipping cost too. I had that written down and included the receipt on the claim form, but they refused to reimburse me. It's not the cost, but the principle I am upset about. Also, customer service was horrible. They were speaking back with an attitude. Don't ever use FedEx. They are horrible.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I never use FedEx, but my mom did. She sent my birthday present from Minnesota to Chicago. The package was left outside in the rain and the box fell apart. I called customer service to complain and I "quote" said, "Thank you for calling we'll let the delivery drivers manager know, is that all?" THEY DON'T CARE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER! ALSO, FEDEX USES CONTRACT DRIVERS...THAT REALLY DON'T CARE! DON'T USE FEDEX!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Second time in the past year they marked me as "not home/business closed" when I have a 24/7 concierge service authorized to accept packages and pay duties on my behalf. If your lazy drivers actually went into the building and ask for me, I would have been notified, so I know they did not even bother to do that. If I wanted to take a bus an hour across the city to your depot every time I order something online, I'd just go to the friggin mall!! I wish I never had to use FedEx again, UGH.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

FedEx needs complete overhaul and new management. My order was perishable items. Package was supposed to arrive by 8:00 pm. It didn't come. I called 800 number and was told she would check on package and call me back within 15 minutes. No callback. Around 9:00 pm I happened to look out the door and my package was sitting down by the street behind a 2 foot fence at the end of my porch. No one knocked and I did NOT receive email that it had been delivered. Someone could have reached over the small fence and stole it or it would have sat there all night if I didn't happen to look out. FedEx is the worst and makes me think twice about ordering anything.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I had a package sent out Sept 25. Was supposed to be delivered Oct 3. It's Oct 9 and still no package. It made it to Spokane then went to Seattle down to Kent. Been there since the 3rd no update still when Lewiston was the next drop off. It should have been in Lewiston and at my front door on the mountain! I've sent several e-mails and no e-mail back. I am so irritated with FedEx. This isn't the 1st! My Stepson didn't get his Christmas present in time. Was a month late made it to Spokane then ended up on vacation. Lost in Florida for almost a month. Wish my shipments could come other ways than just FedEx. I don't know what the problem is but they need to fix the problems!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

This is the second time in a month FedEx has delivered my package to the wrong house. The house they deliver to is not the same house number as mine or that the package is addressed to. Why is this so difficult? How many packages have to be lost before the drivers can do their job? If only I could choose the delivery service when making online purchases. FedEx is the worst!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I shipped 12 insured boxes out of state to my son. All of the boxes arrived squashed with items smashed or missing. I called FedEx to file a claim. I was told by the representative to initiate a claim online and upload photos of the boxes and damaged goods. A month later, I received a standard letter stating that the claim was denied, because I did not keep the damaged boxes and broken items. There never called to ask it I had the damaged items, so this must be their standard reply to anyone filing a claim.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

The worst service I have ever had. They do not care about the customers. The worst of the worst service. I have requested several times to deliver a package at the apt door. I have sent several messages, signed in the door tag, made delivery instructions and after few days they were asking me, "Did you made an instruction? Let us check where is your package!!" Are you serious!! Will never ever use FedEx again.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

There is a bad change of my FEDEX deliveries. The last Two have not been good. The first one was left on the back garage porch and was soaking wet. The box had no integrity when I found it. It was not the right part but I felt like I couldn't return it because the box was destroyed. The next package was left on my front door- covered porch, but right on the edge where it too was rained on and destroyed. This was a medical device and could have been ruined but it did survive. This all could have been avoided with some simple COMMON CARE and REASONABLE treatment by the delivery person.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

FedEx had my package out for delivery on Friday. The driver did not deliver the package citing that it was an incorrect address. The delay then pushed it until Monday citing an incorrect address. The address was correct. Now I am told it could be here by Tuesday. If they has a known problem on Friday, why would it take until Tuesday to get it right? I have requested a letter stating that they made a series of mistakes in case I am told that the product is no longer stable. Why do companies use FedEx? Sounds snappy but does not deliver on time due to driver error and poor solution management.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

FedEx does not honor their delivery commitment dates. This has happened 4 times with October 6th, 2018 being number 4. I placed an order from Walmart with a delivery confirmation date of October 6th, 2018 by the end of business day. The FedEx tracking number showed by the end of business day on the FedEx website. FedEx does not keep its promise of delivery, customer service does not tell the truth or either does not know what is happening off site - but of course they couldn't know when they are in Mexico. Don't bother calling customer service.

Long story, my package isn't due for delivery until Tuesday October 2nd, 2018. I was told October 2nd by 2 customer reps and that drivers don't work or deliver weekends and Mondays because they are ground. Now, today October 7th, FedEx web shows a message that states, No scheduled delivery date at this time, for my package, Scheduled delivery pending. Guess I will be spending another 2 days sitting in my window looking for FedEx. Done with FedEx and Walmart if they continue to use FedEx for shipments.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

FedEx delivered 3 boxes to my garbage can. I arrived home from a day's work and noticed boxes that needed crushing on our garbage cans. As it had been raining and just stopped for a minute, I proceeded to crush boxes and discovered they were unopened. Then, I proceeded to call FedEx... About 45 minutes later when I got a person on the phone, I was told that I would be getting a phone call from a supervisor. Still have not received a call.

Fedex expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

• Best for: FedEx is best for individuals and businesses that need to ship items fast.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs