1.69/5
Based on 930 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

3002 FedEx Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

I don't have a choice when I place an online order, the company chose FedEx. Every time they are the shipper our package travels all over the state. Takes one day to get to my state, then sits in my state for 4 days. What the heck. I make many phone calls, each time I am told I will get my package by 8:00 that night... NOPE. This was on Friday, it is now Monday and my package is still sitting at one of their offices. Each person sounds like they are from another country. Terrible customer service, terrible shipping company.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Never ever will I use FedEx again. After they damage my package sent with SmartPost they won't take any responsibility basically accusing me of choosing the cheapest shipping option. They don't want to return my damaged package to me and said they are tossing it away. Well screw you FedEx and your crappy customer service. Incompetent fools.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I don't take a lot of deliveries from FedEx as they generally don't end up well. After have the last several deliveries "tossed" in the yard I specifically set up delivery instructions for my package to be left on the front porch as I knew we would be out to town. While on vacation I received a text stating that my package had been left at the front door but upon arrival home the next night we located that package lying in the grass next to the driveway, in a driving rain about 50 yards from the house. This is not our front porch nor the first time this has happened. I took pictures, went directly inside and called to file a complaint. I was told that I would receive a callback w/in 2 hrs. That was 2 days ago. Still waiting.

Original review: June 16, 2018

On a Wed I ordered from Amazon a new luggage bag because that Sunday I was leaving to go away for a week. The order was expected to arrive that Friday. It didn't and I got an email that it may not be delivered until the following Mon and if I still didn't have it by Wed to call them. That was not going to work being that I was going to be away during that time and the package would sit by itself on my front porch for a whole week!

I called and got in touch with a person from the warehouse it was sitting at. He told me it might be delivered the next morning but if it wasn't I could go pick it up. He even said he put a note in the system with my order that said urgent. Gave me the address and hours. Which they close at 4 pm. I told him I couldn't get there by that time. There was no reason for them not to bring it the next day especially since it was due to be delivered the day before. It was just sitting in the warehouse. What in the world would cause them to have to deliver it 3 or 5 days later knowing it's already past due. Needless to say it did not show up Sat so I rearranged my schedule so I could get there before they close because that was my last shot of getting it or it would sit on my front porch for a whole week by itself.

This is where the story gets bad. I go there, give the woman the tracking number and she turns to go get it. A minute later she comes back and says she can't release it to me!!! I told her I talked to someone the day prior and they assured me that they might deliver it by Sat morning if not I could just go pick it up and get it. She said... "We'll see. He said 'maybe' so it was never definite." I said, "No, he said 'maybe' about it being delivered but I could definitely pick it up!" She goes in the back then comes back and says "He's going to go try to find it." I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Finally I said "Ma'am, do you know if he'll be back soon because I have to be somewhere?" She said... "Ahem... did you see him come back in here? Because I haven't so obviously he's not here yet." That's when I lost all sense of reality, and let her have It! I said it was due yesterday! It was supposed to be ready and waiting for me if it wasn't delivered today! The guy told me he even put in the system URGENT! She said, "Well I don't know anything about that so that's not my problem and if you keep yelling at me I'm going to call the police and have you leave." I laughed after she said that. A very sarcastic laugh. I didn't want to have to jump over the counter and hurt the poor excuse of a human so I went out to my car and waited. Finally a guy comes back with it. Whenever I can help it, I will never deal with FedEx again!

Original review: June 16, 2018

Like USPS, FedEx provides an expected delivery date when their services are used. Individuals generally like to know this date in order to make arrangements to be home in order to avoid theft of the item or tampering with the item. Some items delivered can be quite expensive, heat sensitive, fragile, etc. It makes sense to have someone home on the delivery date in order to avoid damaging these items.

In the past several years there has only been a handful of times I have had problems with USPS, Amazon or UPS in regard to getting the item delivered on the expected date. FedEx is the only company that has almost always been later than the estimated date. Sometimes the item is literally just sitting a few miles away from me for several days past the estimated delivery date. Personally, I will never use their service if I don't have to. I generally don't like to frustrate my customers. This is the kind of thing that makes customers more likely to return the item over slight inconveniences. I know sometimes it's cheaper, but only slightly cheaper. Sometimes it's worth paying a little more for a more reliable service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: June 16, 2018

I usually buys some gadgets for my company from China which are mostly delivered by DHL and Aramex successfully however when I tried FedEx, it was a different store altogether. You're assigned to a special clearing agent whose contacts are not given except email. They now send you an email with so much demands making it difficult for your goods to be delivered. It was a bad experience.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My husband and I ordered tires and the tire company sent an extra set of tires that we had not paid for. So we contacted them, said we would return them. They sent us return labels. I called FedEx for a pick up of four tires, specified that there would be labels with them from the tire company. The HUGE truck came (how much room do four tires take?) and we gave the driver the return labels. I thought that was that, but then I got a FedEx bill for the return, for over $1200!!! For tires I didn't order and do not possess!!! Did they ship them to the moon and back first??? Ridiculous. I have called repeatedly, emailed images of the return labels, have been assured someone will take care of it, have been pushed aside, have been told stupid things like "I understand you are frustrated." Really!!!! And they keep sending this bill that was supposed to be "taken care of" to collections. Almost a year in and still not a drop of help.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Was told my package was being held even when it was meant to be delivered and I could pick it up from their distribution centre an hour away, which closes at 6. At 5:45 Was not sent out for delivery the next day, when called and questioned it was still being held. “You’re welcome to come collect it” was the response, again. An hour away, this call took place at 9:30 and because screw me the centre closes at 10 am today. I’m so glad I’ve had to postpone my cross country move because FedEx just doesn’t send out a package meant to be delivered. I’ve almost always used USPS, but Jegs has some deal with FedEx. Guess I’m never buying anything through Jegs and I’m certainly avoiding Fedex, think I’ll drive to Texas myself and collect my order next time.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Found a tag on my bedroom window indicating that the delivery could not be made because no one was at home. 1) Someone was at home and, 2) a note on the bedroom window? I cannot get through to the driver! UPS provides superior service... FedEx does not. They did not deliver the next day, but two days late? I will never choose FedEx.

Original review: June 14, 2018

FedEx SmartPost - Ordered item off eBay. Chose the FedEx shipping method- as I have never used them for anything. Item went from Tennessee to California quickly. But now, it is stuck in an eternal arrived/departed hellscape. I keep getting delays added to my delivery date. The package is literally less than 50 miles away. FedEx is the absolute worst shipping method. Period. Avoid at all costs.

Original review: June 13, 2018

FedEx is the worst company to do business with. First their manager can’t figure out how to refund your money. He tells you that you have to ship something because of his ineptitude. Then the package is supposed to be delivered on a Saturday but doesn’t show up until Monday afternoon. FedEx claims that Seattle had snow that March 20th. The only problem with that is there wasn’t a flake of snow anywhere near Seattle that weekend. Just another lie to cover their butt. When I get back home in New York I call FedEx and explain what happened. The person I talked to seemed very reasonable and listened to the whole story. She was very apologetic and said I would receive a refund in about 5 weeks. I should have known that that was another lie as that is the FedEx way.

Sometime later after not receiving a refund I called back to the FedEx office and was given the royal runaround. She basically told me too much time had passed and they have decided that even though their incompetence was the problem, that I wasn’t getting anything back. By the way the package they delivered was no bigger than a regular manila envelope and weighed very little. FedEx overcharged for this a total of $59 and then can’t even deliver on time. This is one terrible company who thinks they have a monopoly on the delivery service so they can overcharge, under-service, and treat their customers like crap.

Original review: June 13, 2018

So I knew from a long time ago from past experience not to use FedEx, the worst delivery service. You might as well go drive to pick up whatever you ordered if for some reason someone uses FedEx. Well Walmart still uses FedEx, me not knowing ordered 2 tires. But anyways it was coming from California, it took FedEx 4 days to get it 200 miles. Couldn't believe it, so I contacted Walmart and asked them if 200 miles in 4 days was acceptable. They tell me FedEx still has 3 more days to deliver it. I'm like wow, at that rate I will not see my tires for a month. Do not for any reason use them, can't believe they are still in business.

Original review: June 13, 2018

So, I have been having a continuing and repeated problem with FedEx for about two years. They simply can't reliably deliver packages to me and they will not call/email me about the delays- all despite my repeated attempts to get this resolved. This all started about two years ago when I received about three weeks' worth of "delivery exceptions" saying FedEx could not get a set of jack stands to my house (weather related, supposedly- but I was in and out of our roads for all of that three weeks). These issues all came to a head this week. Here's why: FedEx delivered a package to me on June 5, one of very few we actually received on time and with no issues. The order was from a company in California, I live in PA. On Saturday, June 9 (yes, four days later), I checked the FedEx tracking page for an update on a second package I ordered from the same company. The tracking page originally told me the order would be here Friday.

Now, the tracking page was telling me that there was a delivery exception...because FedEx couldn't find my house on Saturday (yes, four days after delivering the first order here). I called FedEx and then the company I ordered from. The company then called FedEx and put us all in a three way call. While on the phone listening to all of FedEx's excuses about why they repeatedly can't get my items here, I decided I am done dealing with them and I cancelled the order with the company. I requested a refund. The company gladly accepted my refund request (remember, I never got the order because FedEx couldn't find my house despite being here four days earlier). I thought that after two years of these issues, I was finally free of the FedEx problems. But, then...I had one more order coming from California, from a different company altogether. It was supposed to be here today (Tuesday, June 12).

After it didn't get here, I checked the FedEx tracking page (remember, they never call or communicate with me, despite my repeated requests for them to do so). And, of course, there is a delivery exception. This time, they said the business was closed/no one home. My wife was here all day, including at 5:03 pm when FedEx supposedly pulled in to deliver my package. They never came. I've had it with FedEx. I called their 1-800-GoFedEx number and demanded to speak with the highest ranking person they could find. I filed a long and irate complaint with that person. He told me he forwarded that complaint to the Assistant Manager and the Regional Business Manager at the Muncy, PA facility where my orders get routed to. I am now awaiting a call from one or both of those two people so I can, yet again, lodge a long and irate complaint (that undoubtedly will go nowhere).

I have also already started asking companies I order from if they ship solely with FedEx. When I am told this is the only company they ship with, I tell them of my experiences with FedEx and then inform them I am taking my business elsewhere. If enough of us do that, FedEx will have no choice but to fix all the problems they have with getting us orders, or they will go the route of all the once-monstrous-but-now-defunct businesses who couldn't read the writing on the packages (think Rexall, Circuit City, Toys R Us, Woolworth, etc. here). Go FedEx? Not me.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Every time FedEx has been used to deliver a package to me, I get notifications that it is to be delivered for example like my package now, supposed to be here today. I was sent a notification saying it would be here between 9:35 am and 2:55 pm, I called them at 5:30 to find out the status and the lady claimed that the delivery was scheduled for 6/13 which is not correct. I have the printout showing it's supposed to be delivered today. EVERYTIME FedEx has delivered to me, I get told it's going to be on one date, and it comes the next. Or if it was supposed to be delivered on a Friday, I won't get it till a Monday. I paid for an overnight once and it was sent on a Monday, I got it on Friday!!!

This package contains a part for my truck and is important. Now I'm being jerked around again. Last 4 deliveries were for 1,000$ printers and they did the same thing. One was scheduled for a Monday, I finally received on Wednesday. Another was scheduled for Friday, I received Monday. Another one I paid for a Saturday delivery, and I finally received it on Wednesday. Their agents are rude, and I used to work for UPS, we never played this game. IF it was early, IT WAS DELIVERED early. We always met our dates no matter what. We occasionally missed a few, it happens, but this has happened with FEDEX EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Original review: June 12, 2018

I ordered a television from Walmart, received an email that my package was delivered on Friday June 8, 2018 tracking **. I was home all day that Friday and Saturday June 8, and June 9th, never received my package. Called Federal Express on Monday June 11, 2018 informing them of never receiving my item. Customer Service informed me of that there was an error, a missed scan. She gave me a claim number. Ten minutes later I received a call from someone from FedEx telling me that he has to contact the delivery driver to see what exactly happened. I don't know what happened to my package, it wasn't delivered and all I'm getting are apologies and the runaround. Never had this problem with UPS. I advise against using this company due to its incompetence.

Original review: June 12, 2018 Never EVER use FedEx for ANYTHING. We custom produce plastic injection molds and then do mass production using the molds, as per 3D files or samples.

My customer from Washington D.C. has no 3D, so he sent me a sample. It is a very small plastic part (about 8 x 6 x 5 CM, and not more than 0.2 KG), declared value is only 1 USD as I told him. But I just got a call from FedEx that I need to pay 244 RMB = about 38.5 USD for the taxes. It is robbing... If I do not sign it, it will be sent back to my customer, and my customer will have to pay double of the freight and taxes, and then he has to resend it by other courier.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I ordered a toddler bed and mattress from Walmart on 6/4. It was supposed to arrive 6/6. Every time I checked the status they would change the delivery date to the next day, it would say no attempt made. All this time the items were sitting in a town 20 minutes away. Finally the bed arrived 3 days late, and I got tired of waiting for the mattress when it still wasn’t here by 6/12 and canceled the order. FedEx Customer service was not helpful at all, they apologized and “assured” me that I would get my package as soon as possible.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Yesterday 6/9/2018 I received a e-mail telling me my order was just delivered to my Apartment via FedEx. The driver stated he dropped it off at the front door. I went straight downstairs and there was no package and no driver. I live in a building for disabled people and there are security cameras everywhere including outside and they show the driver lied about delivering the my package because he there was no FedEx truck anywhere to be seen on any of the footage. Plus there are woman who play cards in the community room right across from the front doors and they never saw anyone either.

I called Fed Ex and the man said that he would contact the driver and call me back no later than 2 hours, he never did call me back. The only good thing about this is that package had a t-shirt worth $5.00 in it and was size 3 XL. I bet he is disappointed. This driver basically lied to or stole from a disabled person and he makes 5 times more money than I do per year if not more. Walmart is now going to send me another one and they will have to eat the funds. Shame on you Fed-ex!

Original review: June 9, 2018

This happens almost every time they deliver a package to my apartment building. We have a buzzer system but instead of buzzing me to let them in they just leave a door tag. It's like playing Russian roulette trying to get them here while I'm in the lobby waiting for them. Called customer service and got people with such a strong foreign accent I had trouble understanding them. I filed a complaint but don't believe anything will come from it. Since it will now take them five more days to get my package I'm having to drive for 30 minutes each way to pick it up on Monday.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I have subscribed to Blue Apron, I love the meals and they are great. FedEx has delivered my meals to a home over 2 miles away from mine (a couple brought the box to me when they returned from vacation several times) and they placed it in the middle of my 200 ft driveway and due to its location I ran it over. Whenever I order something online and FedEx delivers it, it is usually late. I ordered a pair of shoes that were to be delivered on 6/6/18. They were never delivered, but things happen. I waited 2 days and called FedEx. I was called back after they "did a package trace" and was told they would call me back, but at the latest it would be delivered 6/9/18. Again it was never delivered and now it has no delivery date. I am not sure how this company remains in business. I know that I am now checking with companies and if they contract with FedEx they will not get my business.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I ordered a package from Amazon and the seller used FedEx to ship the package. Since the package was important to me I signed up for FedEx modifications so that I could be on top of the delivery. On the first attempt, I waited at home for several hours when I get notification on my phone that an attempt was made but no one was home. I was shocked as at least 5 people were home. I went to the door and there was no hang tag. And no one knocked on the door. The exact same thing happened on the 2nd day. I think the driver is going to the wrong address or is running behind schedule and falsifying the delivery attempts. Calling FedEx customer service provides no help at all. They just read the status which is listed online.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I order all of my food online. When doing so, I ordered nearly $150 worth of food. It is fresh meal-prepped food that is frozen. I then pay $15 (premium) price for fast shipping to get it on the exact day I need it. Needless to say, FedEx did NOT deliver it on the delivery date that I paid for. The FedEx delivery guy dropped the wrong package off at my door on the day of scheduled delivery. I ended up getting someone else’s package that wasn't even close to my address. I then had to spend nearly an hour calling around to different numbers and pressing different buttons on the prompts to finally get a human to talk to.

FedEx really tries to refrain from allowing you to speak to a human at almost all costs, but I finally was successful. I told the lady my issue, and after 15 minutes of being on hold, I got routed to a guy at my local FedEx distribution center. He told me he would watch for the package, and ensure that it got put into a fridge to ensure it didn't go bad. They wouldn't put in extra effort to get it delivered that day when it was supposed to be and when I needed it.

Needless to say, I got my food package the next day, and it was RUINED. The box was soaked, the food was warm and spoiled, and the box was beaten up and smashed. It honestly looks like it was smashed intentionally. $150 worth of food WASTED. I wrote an in depth claim report to FedEx, along with images. They sent me a letter in the mail stating that there is nothing they can do, and that they are not responsible for it. Worst shipping company I've ever dealt with in my life. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Original review: June 8, 2018

Very disappointed, stayed home all day waiting for two separate deliveries, first one came early, then I received notification that FedEx made an attempt to deliver the second item. NO YOU DID NOT EVEN ATTEMPT. SHAME ON YOU!!! UPS gets my business from now on!!!

Original review: June 8, 2018

Getting ready for a through hike southbound on the pacific crest trail... leaving July 10th. So I have got to have my hiking gear ready as leave dates are critical in hiking through Washington and the Sierras in California. I purchased on eBay a backpack which I really liked for a great price brand new Granite Gear. The seller charged my shipping and said it was going to be shipped priority mail expedited service, I mean I wish that's what happened. The pack was bought and paid for including shipping on the 29th of May. The seller shipped it out on the 30th of May. Today is June the 8th and it's still in Florida lost. I presume only FedEx knows. So tomorrow is ten days, here is the tracking details:

Thursday, Jun 7, 2018 3:45 PM JACKSONVILLE , FL In transit - In transit to local Post Office - Allow two to three additional days for delivery.
Tuesday, Jun 5, 2018 11:51 AM HOMOSASSA, FL Delivery exception - Rerouted to correct delivery address.
Tuesday, Jun 5, 2018 11:50 AM HOMOSASSA, FL At U.S. Postal Service facility - Accepted by U.S. Postal Service - Tracking ID **.
Tuesday, Jun 5, 2018 11:50 AM HOMOSASSA, FL Delivery exception - Rerouted to correct delivery address.
Tuesday, Jun 5, 2018 11:46 AM HOMOSASSA, FL At U.S. Postal Service facility - Accepted by U.S. Postal Service - Tracking ID **.

Tuesday, Jun 5, 2018 10:51 AM HOMOSASSA, FL In transit - In transit to U.S. Postal Service.

Tuesday, Jun 5, 2018 6:59 AM N/A Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service.
Friday, Jun 1, 2018 4:09 AM FEDEX SMARTPOST ORLANDO, FL Departed FedEx location.
Thursday, May 31, 2018 7:38 PM FEDEX SMARTPOST ORLANDO, FL Arrived at FedEx location.
Thursday, May 31, 2018 8:58 AM OCALA, FL Departed FedEx location.

Thursday, May 31, 2018 12:04 AM OCALA, FL Arrived at FedEx location.

Well as there's one more date that's the 30th the day FedEx picked up my backpack. The seller trying to save money and I guess realising she did not charge me enough shipping sent the backpack FedEx SmartPost... Huge mistake... HUGE. FedEx SmartPost picks up the package then at some point gives it to USPS to deliver... dumb. My backpack never left Florida and is moving all over the place there. Its destination is Los Angeles where I am. So for ten days (tomorrow is ten) it's been in Florida with FedEx.

I went to the eBay community boards and began to read. Has anyone else had shipping problems with SmartPost? Has other packages been lost or delayed? Come to find out A LOT. And everytime in tracking history the tracking shows the package to go to Jacksonville, Florida if you have a package in Florida either going into or leaving from SmartPost once it's been lost or delayed sends a message to you through tracking information that your package is in Jacksonville. If your package goes to Jacksonville I guess that basically means it's lost. Here is another almost exact same story of a poor sob like me who dealt with SmartPost. Only this story is from the perspective of a seller. Please read The eBay Community Help Guidelines. (So upset, shipped via USPS FEDEX SMARTPOST, delivery delayed.) This above is name of the post you look up on eBay community boards. Monkeyhub Thrill-Seeker.

If they say it's in Jacksonville it is lost. Well stay away from FedEx at all costs. I'm having to open a case against a woman who really is not at fault to get back well over a hundred dollars and my backpack won't make it in time for my trip. It looks like the delivery date is missed by a long shot, by Wednesday next week if I do not get my package I'll go after recouping my money. All because someone wanted to save money using FedEx SmartPost and not pay a little more and ship priority mail USPS. Bye.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I paid FedEx to have an envelope arrive on a particular day in the morning. They delivered it a day late. They said it was due to bad weather. As a result, the check inside that envelope was not accepted by the person selling a travel trailer I was buying. He needed to deposit it so it would clear in time for me to pick up the trailer.

I had already started traveling out to get the trailer (having sent the check ahead of me), but when it arrived late, the seller called off the deal. I was working in a tight time frame and I was depending on FedEx delivering on time. When that didn't happen, I had to turn around and go back home. I paid for fuel, meals, and lodging for 3 days only to have to turn around and pay for the return journey without the travel trailer I was trying to buy. Because they delivered late, I drove around for days and spent a lot of money I wouldn't have otherwise spent. I can't count on FedEx meeting their stated delivery times for important packages.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I decided to have some professional photographs taken when we were on a Princess cruise. They were very expensive and I thought I had paid the full price at the time of purchase. I was told that they would be delivered to my address after we arrived home. I was soon sent an email informing me of the day of delivery. I waited in all day as that was the time span given. Nothing came only an email to say I was not at home and a note was left to say when driver would return. There was no note left and no further instructions.

I then wondered if the driver had gone to the wrong address and left the note there? So I rang FedEx to try and get an answer only to be told the office was shut and I was talking to the caretaker and to ring back in the morning. However, I received the same worded email next morning so had to wait in all day again for delivery which did eventually come with no apology!!! Now a week later I receive a duty and tax invoice which I was not expecting owing to thinking I had paid enough at the time. Those photographs were a one off for us so we won't be repeating the process and wouldn't now anyway. I am very dissatisfied with the experience.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Criminal enterprise that should not be in business. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau, the PA Attorney General, and tomorrow I will contact the Pittston Government Office and call the Pittston Police. They refuse to deliver packages. They need to be held accountable, as this is not only unethical, it is WRONG. Had a scheduled delivery today, June 7, 2018. On their site it showed at 5:07AM it was “Out for Delivery”. Then at 12:29PM, it shows “Delivery Exception No Attempt Made”.

I have contacted the Better Business Bureau numerous times, I have contacted the PA Attorney General. Tomorrow I will call the Pittston Police Department and their Government office. I believe they could be refusing delivery out of spite as I complained against them before. I did not order anything illegal. I just ordered an antenna from Walmart Dot Com. What FedEx Pittston is doing is not only unethical, but it is wrong. This company needs to be held accountable and it should not remain in business! They are a disgrace!

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have my package supposed to be deliver by 2nd June 2018. But every day in status it says "At local FedEx facility" then "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" "in transit" then next day it starts over. I am keep calling them. If I call them they says, "Call business hour." If I am calling morning they will investigate and, "You should hear back from us tomorrow." I had order the item which I wanted to give as a gift on my brother birthday on 3rd, but it's 7th now still didn't receive the item. When I asked them what if my item get damage because of this bouncing between their facility they saying, "Just contact your seller. They will reimburse you." But they not able to understand the fact that after all this you just want me to return and ask for reimburse? Birthday is gone, deal is gone. It will take a weeks for me research the item with same deal and get it deliver.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I am on a fixed income, and ordered tires for my van. I had the tracking number, and checked today that they had been delivered. The only problem with this was that they were delivered to WALMART of all places signed for. I had a friend that was going to install them for me for some of the favors I'd done for him. I called my friend to let him know, so that he could move on to the next project. No clue when the delivery was going to come in, and he's busy with his own work, so I figured it was the right thing to do. So now waiting for FedEx to deliver the tires so that I can pay a garage money I don't have, to do what my friend was going to do for free. My friend, unfortunately, moved on to an engine and transmission overhaul. So thank you very much FedEx for making my already tight budget into a sunken boat.

Original review: June 7, 2018

So FedEx was supposed to deliver my package about 2 weeks ago. Everyday on the tracking email I have I can see that they put the package on the truck and then at the end of the day there is a "delivery exception" and they don't attempt to deliver it. I have written to them twice by email with no response and I contacted the company I made the order through and they put in a complaint and I still don't have the package. I believe when I finally do hear from them that the excuse will be no one was home. Jokes on them, the place I am sending it to is constantly open with someone at the reception desk starting at 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. The doors are always open, so there's no reason why they can't deliver it. So disappointing. I would love to know what the so called exception is.

Fedex expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

• Best for: FedEx is best for individuals and businesses that need to ship items fast.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs