1.87/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FedEx

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

2457 FedEx Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I'm not going to go on a rant on how utterly disappointed I am with FEDEX's customer service and their unprofessionalism, or how incompetent their delivery people are in the Philadelphia branch specifically. Last time, I checked online you were a delivery company right? 36 hours later still waiting for my overnight delivery after speaking to 5 different reps - who can't get "1" envelope delivered! I despise companies like this, and would not recommend them even if they were the only delivery co. in the US. Despicable how you treat people.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

FedEx driver claimed my package was left at my front door as no signature was required. This was around 2:17 pm on the last day of delivery. Approximately thirty to forty minutes after the Fedex updated this shipping status was when I went searching for where it was supposed to have been left and nothing was there. I asked neighbors and nobody seen or knew nothing. Called Walmart (the shipper of my package). They in turn contacted Fedex at which time I was told they had to investigate it and someone would return my call in two hours. Approximately one half hour later a Fedex representative called me back asking about a door tag at which time I told her, "No. There is not and was not a door tag on my door" and I thought she was returning my call to tell me what happened to my package.

She then said it could take up to two days to find out as they was still trying to find the driver. I reassured her how important this issue was due to the fact that my package is a pretty pricey item and she didn't seem to have much concern at all about and I would contact Walmart again to see if I could get my item reshipped which I did do and thanks to Walmart was a hassle free process. My package wasn't discovered until around 9:15 pm and it wasn't due to Fedex following up on it. Fedex driver left my package at an address on a whole different street and when the lady that live there returned home from work and got it, she came to my door and told my Husband and I about it because she couldn't get it in her car because it was a pretty large item.

I called Fedex back and told them what happened. They still never offered to have their driver to complete my delivery from where it was located as if though it was my fault their driver misdelivered my package. Therefore it was left up to me to get it home from there. I will never use Fedex slow directionless drivers service again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My package was picked up on 10/9/2017, but never arrived at the terminal. It then took 2 days, multiple phone calls, FedEx saying they would "return my call within 2 hours" (which never happened) and help from the company where I had purchased my product for FedEx to finally admit that they had "Lost" my package. Through all this, I also was told that the company I ordered my product from had just had a meeting to discuss options for another shipping company as this was not the first time they'd had issues with FedEx delivery. Obviously, I will NEVER choose FedEx to ship ANY of my packages.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Last spring a shipment coming to me and almost to arrive started going in reverse on the shipping track according to the tracking notifications, and then vanished into thin air. Instigating an investigation with the company, I was informed package was not found and undeliverable. I had to contact seller and they shipped another item. Now it has happened again. A package almost to arrive at destination only to start reversing on the shipping track. But this time it reversed again and is again almost at destination. We'll see if it arrives this time. But it's already a week delayed from what it should have been. Fortunately they are both items of low value, but this time it's delayed a repair job that's been too long in the shop already. I see from the reviews it's happened to others as well. If you're shipping something of importance, don't use FedEx.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

After I was assured the smoke masks would arrive the soonest they could 9:30 the next morning for 94.00 (I could have paid 60 something to arrive the evening which they did) they did not arrive that morning and my niece was having lung spasms and had to go out without them. FedEx won't even give us a partial refund. They say it was not their fault their plane took off late yet it was not our fault either. I will never use FedEx again. Their refund policies are lies!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Do not use the automated Fedex phone system. It is rigged to hold the package at a location of its choice without user input. I was hoping to make delivery to a FedEx location near my work. Not only it was not an option but when I didn't select any of the presented options the system by default assigned one of pre-selected FedEx locations automatically. It was the furthest location from me and I could not change it! Once the system makes this decision it is not possible to modify it even though I tried to do it online right away.

To make things worse I called the customer service and I was assured that the package will be delivered to my house. The day before delivery I called again to ensure that it will be delivered to my house and I was assured so. Needless to say it was not delivered to my house and it was held at the location. What kind of service cannot provide the window of delivery and requires a customer to sit the whole day waiting??? What kind of system cannot be modified once the erroneous input was accepted??? What kind of reps the company employs that have no clue regarding the system, procedures and how to control the main business??? I will certainly be very cautious to ever use FedEx in the future. Bad experience.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Even though they are given the correct address because my address has a trlr 3?? At the end their system is not able to fit all the letters. So they get A 3 and nothing else. Instead of calling someone to find out the right address they deliver it anywhere and sometimes cannot remember there is no number three in my complex. There's 256, 256, 321 so on. Since they are not able to do their job correctly I urge that anybody that uses FedEx to switch to someone that can do their job correctly.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

When I went to airport in New York to came to Austin Texas I can bring with me my luggage. For a lot time I was checking where are my box, and never receive my luggage. My niece tell reclamation and they respond, truly we lost, but there are no any case for the reclamation. So simple minded I lost everything, also the shipping cost, very bad and I'm very bad. Never in my life sent anything for FedEx.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Per FedEx a custom doll bed and bedding was delivered on 10/11/2017 @ 9:12 am. I have Ring doorbell and there was no FedEx delivery at that time or anytime on 10/11. I contacted FedEx and opened a case. FedEx has 48 hours to research and the response on 10/13 was the driver doesn’t know where he delivered the package and to have the vendor file a claim. I filed the claim because the vendor has the money and isn’t doing anything because FedEx tracking states it was delivered. I asked FedEx to correct, but they said no and that there is note in the case that the driver mis-delivered. I attached my invoice, proof of payment and Ring life g. Called Ring and they will confirm no delivery at 9:12 am on a 3 way call. If no resolution from FedEx I will contact the local TV station as I am out $150. Never use FedEx, US Post Office or UPS. FedEx lies.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I had a package that I had to sign for being delivered by FedEx today. The delivery driver dishonestly stated that he/she attempted to deliver it but no one was home. They didn't even leave a door slip, because they never showed up. Now they want me to sit around all day tomorrow as well... Very unprofessional.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I have shipped over 450 packages this year. I have used FedEx 5 times, and 3 out of the 5 packages were returned to me in tatters, with boxes that looked 10 years old and run through a battlefield, not several days old. Please note: the other 445 packages were shipped without issue. I pack everything extremely well, and never have issues... unless the buyer requests FEDEX. I cringe at the very mention of their name, because it means the package will be treated like a hockey puck and arrive damaged. USPS and UPS have never damaged packages. ONLY FEDEX!

The newest decimation of artwork only had to travel 125 miles. I spent $25 - on a massive, double-walled box, and spent over an hour professionally packing the contents against damage. I covered every corner with 'fragile' and 'glass' stickers, and even requested a special note stating the contents were quite delicate. It was simply a glass-framed lithograph from a famous artist, but I exercised every avenue available to ensure it would make the 125-150 mile trip intact.

FEDEX doesn't care. They are - simply stated - one of the worst companies allowed to practice business in the United States. It was 'out for delivery', when I received the worst news possible. 'Shipment damaged, as requested by shipper'. How am I at fault for their inability to not play soccer with every item that comes into their possession? I received the package today - gouges throughout, blunted corners, holes, really dirty exterior... looks to have gone through a battle!!!

I AM CALLING UPON OTHER VICTIMS OF THIS TERRIBLE COMPANY. We need to start either a class-action lawsuit, or otherwise start a sizable petition, to hold FEDEX accountable for their actions. Regardless how well it is packed, if your package is run through a gamut of tortures to simply be delivered, what point is there to using this negligent company. It is a simple task... Get the item you pay a good amount of money to ship from point a to point b, most importantly undamaged!!!

They have cost me lots of money, because they throw, toss, drop, or otherwise mishandle the simplest of things. It is a box, not a soccer ball. Please, contact me via here or on social media. We need to put it out there, so they realize that there are FAR better options out there, and they will go out of business if they continue to lie, cheat and destroy.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Terrible service. I had a perishable food box come from London Ontario. I gave my work address for it to be delivered to. They did not deliver as they said I needed a unit number. How could I give a unit number when I work at the front desk. FedEx did not even attempt delivery with this box. They are terrible, have no hearts. Lazy people.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Recently shipped a small package from the US to the Dominican Republic. Less than 7 lbs. Cost: $167.99 for next day delivery. Shipped 9-27 for delivery 9-28. This date 10-11-17, package not delivered. Gave contact phones for shipper and recipient, of course. During this fiasco, I have been online and also called FedEx 14 times (I made notes as to who I spoke with and the date-time), and not one time has FedEx ever contacted me or the recipient to explain what was going on. I checked online international tracking and saw many erroneous statements.

For example, one report showed the package going through Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata. Later, I chatted with another customer service person who stated she had more sophisticated tracking and that the package was at that time in Miami. At some later time in this odyssey, FedEx stated that the package was in Sto. Domingo waiting for import duties to be paid. Never did they attempt to contact the shipper or recipient to let them know. If I hadn't finally run down the package there, it would never have gotten through.

I gave my FedEX account number to enable payment of the duties. Next day, checked tracking again, no movement again, and got back to the same FedEx office who advised they were waiting for my account number to release the shipment. Gave the number again. Next day, no further action, called customer support again, eventually back to the same FedEx place and was told they were waiting for my account number to process the shipment.

I mention that I do not raise my voice or curse at these persons. I do express my displeasure and disdain. Every one of them was polite and promised to do exactly what needed to be done and every one of them was inept. This has to be a systemic issue with FedEx. Today they said the shipment came out of customs yesterday which would have been another day later than previously promised (the last promise). They have it marked for weekday delivery only (so they would not incur any expense for special delivery).

Of course, it should be delivered by courier for immediate delivery. Today they promised to credit the charges when and if they ever deliver the package. I have never had a more deceitful, inept, failed shipping experience. I have used them in the past, domestically, with good results. I also say that I understand the culture in the DR, and it is an uphill climb to hope for ethical treatment about anything down there; but an international outfit like FedEx needs to train their employees to behave like honorable people. I rate FedEx International as no good, bad, horrible, dishonest, and counter-productive. My wife waited over a week beyond her planned stay to receive this (a home security system) at a tremendous cost to us and it is likely that she will return to the US without ever having it delivered.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I attempted to have FedEx p/u a car key at Lisbon, Portugal airport customs. The bottom line is that after much aggravation on my part - calls, emails, etc. - the Portugal FedEx office refused to p/u my key and the Int'l people in the USA refused to require them to do so. They stated that Lisbon Customs always kept them waiting. I sent FedEx an email from Lisbon Customs saying that the key was ready for them any time they wanted to show up. Still, FedEx stonewalled me. I'll never do business with this inept company again!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Medical devices from Terumo - According to tracking number it was delivered on Oct. 4, 2017 at 14:48 and signed for by PHUGES. I checked our global address and revealed no match. When I called customer service, Kim (no last name) said that it will take 2 hours to investigate and call the delivery driver. I asked for his manager and gave me to Angel - who happen to have no last name either. Because they are not allowed to reveal their last names. They are FOS!!! DON'T EVER SHIP FEDEX. How come FEDEX are allowing their people do this kind of things. Keep and deliver the packages when they want it. Even forge the signatory or recipient's name. Again, Please don't ever use FEDEX again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I've had multiple bad experiences with FedEx lately that it's kind of hard to stay silent anymore. Here's one terrifying encounter: First, delivery. I ordered a new phone from Samsung and unfortunately they use FedEx for delivery. The package required a delivery signature and two days in a row, I get a notification that an attempt was made but I had no door tag on my front door. I kept calling them telling them 1) I didn't get a door tag (I saw the delivery attempts via tracking) which meant the driver was possibly going to the wrong place. 2) Was it possible for them to hold the package so I could pick it up. They insisted that 3 delivery attempts had to be made before the package would be held (stupid policy but hey, it's their time and gas). Fortunately, on the 3rd delivery attempt, I happened to be at home and all morning, no one came to the door, I decided to check my email and saw that the package was listed as delivered but it was not in front of my door.

I ran to each neighbor's door and saw a package containing an $800 phone lying in the grass next to my neighbor's house in full view of a busy street. I was so mad that I called FedEx immediately. They listened to me but once they found out I had my package, they ended the call. I found out through my personal investigation that the driver had left the door tag at my neighbor's house and they had signed it and left it on their door. I live in a row of houses that look the same but with different numbers. For some reason, the driver went to the first house in the row without confirming the address. This is negligence on their part and if that phone had been stolen, they would definitely have been liable considering that they delivered to the wrong address. Don't care if they had a signature on file or not. My toddler can do their job better than them because he knows the difference between 1A and 4A!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Today I went to the FedEx store in Queens New York. I wanted to ship two different boxes and the ladies told me I had to use one of their own because paper could rip and information be lost. Totally understood that, I had to buy a new box and tape. The box weighed 40 lbs and they charged me 344.00 dollars because according to her is a national disaster. Why is it that prices are so high. Is ridiculous and abuse. Furthermore no refund if package is lost and no guarantee of delivery. Someone has to stop this abuse.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I live in a city of 100,000 with over 200,000 people in the service area yet Fedex has one pickup location that is open one hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon, very hard to justify. My one and only FedEx delivery was attempted once while I was at work so I was left a final notice card for which I had to drive across the city to pick up to find them closed?? In a world of increasing Home deliveries they seem to not want any more business if any at all. Going forward I will avoid companies that use them so I don’t have this headache again. So many better options out there!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I watched my package sit in a FedEx facility not 2 hours from my home, via tracking, for 2 days, then on the day it was scheduled to arrive, and even though it COULD have been put on a truck and delivered, they tacked on an extra day's wait. FedEx is a terrible delivery service. USPS is more efficient, and that's saying a lot. UPS is a much better Alternative!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

This dis-organization should be put out of their misery. I receive packages from ups all the time with no problem. I've had 2 deliveries from FedEx in the last month and never received either in spite of being home at the exact time and date they claim the packages were delivered. Their claims process is a joke. They will string you along for weeks then start asking you for documentation that was never required in the first place. Good luck ever getting your claim solved.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

A vendor that we work with shipped items to our business and used the lift gate on the truck. $123.00 charge for lift gate? Now FedEx is billing us instead of the vendor. Wait... it wasn't even our equipment! There was no disclosure, no one approved any additional charges. I'm sorry but you simply cannot just charge whomever you want without someone authorizing the charge. Terrible!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I was expecting a delivery of a large rug. The doorbell rang, I went to answer, they were gone. Delivery was a 7 foot by 10 foot rug. Very heavy. He didn't even wait for me to answer doorbell, door was open, someone obviously home. All I needed was for him to bring it inside, as I live alone. Zero empathy from FedEx, even though driver couldn't have been 10 minutes away when I called to complain. Item laying in walkway, and they refused to send anyone back. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I'm disabled and they have always brought my pkgs to my porch. I have to order my groceries online because I can't stand or walk for very long. This time they were left out in the yard under the shed. Now! I called FEDEX and complained but they weren't interested in helping. Well I'm not interested in helping them! I WILL find Another way.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

At this point, I am so over FedEx. I've had my packages stolen from my house several times. Not one time did I ever ask FedEx to leave my pages at the back of my house. Why pass the front door to go to the back of the house??? If FedEx would stop doing this like I requested before, I would have my package today. I came home last night around 9pm and saw an email that my package was at the back door... Well guess what? The box was there empty because someone stole my $300 value of items for my phone. Thanks again for your great services FedEx. You never seem to amaze me.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

DO NOT EVER SHIP FEDEX. FedEx allows their drivers and stations to keep anything they want. "Your package was undelivered and unrecoverable" meaning there's no box to be found. Oh well here's $100. Bye. Allowing things to go missing and not looking for them, or holding drivers or managers accountable is wrong. It's THEFT! If you have no other options insure your package for 3x the amount and keep photos and serial numbers of anything you ship.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

The last two shipments that I've had with FedEx have been TERRIBLE. The last shipment got broken up and was about a week late. It arrived with one of the boxes almost torn completely off. This time, 3 out of 5 packages were completely lost! FedEx opened two different traces. I had to personally call them for a daily update because they refused to call us. I was told that there were "positive developments" on 2 of the 3 missing packages. The next day, they said that they were completely missing. FedEx has created a significant hardship for our company and has damaged our reputation by not delivering our goods. Since these items take several weeks to make, we will be out of commission for our stock until they can be replaced. FedEx is careless and inattentive. I do NOT suggest using them, especially for international shipments.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Worst service and I personally went and collect the shipment, from my home to FedEx office just 2 km and goods is lying in office from 29 Sept and spoke with customer care. Promise shipment will deliver today. But it is not delivered. Please don't any shipment through FedEx couriers company.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

FedEx claims they deliver packages to my home when they do not. I have cameras on my house, instructions to leave at front door, instructions that my house is a vinyl log cabin which is the only one in the state being I had to import the materials. They claim they deliver, they are too cheap to put cameras in their vehicles to hold their employees accountable or to locate packages that ended up God knows where. Customer services does nothing but say, "Yes your package was not recoverable." Asked to put a block on my address so they will not accept any packages that any company may try to send through them and they will not do it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I dread having a package delivered to my house by FedEx anymore. They are the only shipping company that does not actually deliver a package. I have an adult that is at home 24/7 and able to answer the door. I was receiving delivery attempt notifications with no actual attempt at delivery. I wasn't sure what was going on, so I took a day off of work and spent the day knitting by the front door and sitting outside on my stoop. That very day at 3 p.m. I received a notification on my phone of an attempted delivery, yet no one ever came to my door. I even had a situation where FedEx sent a third and final attempt notification even though they had never given me a first or second attempt at delivery notification, again because they never came to my door. This has happened six times now. The only way I can possibly get a package is to have it delivered to a physical location so that I can go pick it up.

Another irritating incident that I ran into while out of town was a delivery notification to a physical FedEx business of a case of wine. Because I was out of town I called the manager of that location to make sure that my friend who was over 21 and had a valid driver's license could pick up the wine. I called on two separate occasions to make sure that she would not be wasting her time. And yet, when she arrived they told her she could NOT pick up the box of wine with a valid ID even though she was over 21 because it had to be given to the recipient of the package. Get your story straight. I detest FedEx and NEVER choose to use them as a carrier if I can help it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I am very disappointed with our recent FedEx experience. We sent a package to an Embassy in Ottawa and FedEx lost half of the shipment and seriously damaged the remaining box, although we applied a few FRAGILE labels on the box. Before we shipped the package, I have asked one of the FedEx employees to put more tape on on the box, which he did. Everything was sent in perfect condition. FedEx denied our claim, although we sent picture showing how damaged the package arrived. I am seriously thinking not to use their services again.

Fedex expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.
    • FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.
    • Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.
    • Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.
    • FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.
    • Best for: FedEx is best for individuals and businesses that need to ship items fast.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs