FedEx

FedEx

3.4/5 (2506 ratings)

About FedEx

FedEx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FedEx?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

I can't say how disappointed I am now with FedEx. Prior to COVID I always considered FedEx to be my Gold Standard, the one I would pay extra for if I needed to get something to someone on time or receive it in a timely manner. Lately however, it seems that FedEx will hire just about anyone to be a delivery driver (Signs in front of the Menomonee Falls facility in Wisconsin are for 'Drive Through Interviews', ALL DAY!), and there seems to be zero repercussions when the drivers outright lie.

Here are 3 different examples in the last 30 days. Package is on the truck for delivery, at the end of the day get an 'exception notification'. Driver states recipient isn't home to sign, will attempt tomorrow. Contacted FedEx, they agree, package does not require a signature and should have been left, driver lied (and never attempted see camera note on the next one). Next package, was on truck for deliver, at the end of the day, exception notification. Delivery 'Attempted?' However the tell tale that they were lying again was no door tag (ohh and FedEx, I think you are forgetting how many people now have cameras and can easily tell if you 'attempted' delivery which you didn't). Contacted FedEx again, they agree, driver is lying and did not attempt delivery, would have to have left a door tag if they did.

Again this week, package on truck for delivery, end of the day, exception notification. New one, Incorrect Address. OMG here we go again. Contact FedEx, initially they say they can't even re-attempt to deliver due to the Incorrect Address code, only hold at a FedEx facility or send back to originator. First, I ask if the address of the package matches my address, reluctantly, customer service says it does and the driver LIED again! Then we picked a local Walgreens to hold it at the next day. Well isn't it my luck, its on the truck for delivery the next day and the driver misses that stop and it heads back to the warehouse AGAIN.

Customer Service at this point is useless, they can't even make up an excuse anymore, the guy I talked to said he agreed looking at the delivery that they are pretty much incompetent at this point. So at this point, I will use any other shipper but FedEx, it's incredibly disappointing to see how far down they have come from their pre-COVID performance. This kind of thing will sink a company whose sole purpose in life is to get things to their destination on time.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

TNT / FedEx Tracking No. **. Our supplier had despatched material from UK to India. It was received by FedEx on 18-Sep-22 but no intimation came to us. The status indicated on the website falsely claims that "Intimation was sent on 19th" and that "it was mutually agreed to return the consignment to Sender on 22-Sep-22". None of it true. There is no record of communication from TNT/FedEx to us nor any proof that we had agreed for the return of the item to sender. We are still struggling to get the item from TNT/FedEx as of 29-Sep-22.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

They misplaced my international package, never got back on the case after initiating it. They have this stupid customer support number where you will never connect with a human! Idiotic company. Worst Customer support & Pathetic service provider.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

I have had an ongoing issue with FedEx. We live at the end of a right-of-way - a long, but easily traversable driveway, which is actually our neighbor's property. Everything is level and there is plenty of room for most trucks to turn around easily. From there it is only a 15' walk to our front door. I'm not sure if it is one driver or several who consistently dump our packages in the neighbor's yard, in clear view of the road so that anyone can grab them. We've also had food and frozen food left in the sun because they were never delivered to our doorstep and we found them too late. UPS and USPS always manage to find my doorstep; it's only FedEx who employs lazy drivers who can just toss my packages out like trash. We've even almost run over them. I have complained several times, but the issue is never rectified.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

3 packages sent. 2 arrived. The third is missing. Sent to some distant location. What is so strange is their inability to track its location. The customer service is very 3rd rate. I doubt if I'll ever see it turn up. Putting in a claim is not too easy. UPS would have been a better choice. FedEx is definitely a poorly run company.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

I was expect a package delivery by FedEx on 9/20 and I never received it. FedEx changed my shipping address to previous address that I lived before and shipped that package to previous address w/o my permission. My package’s tracking number is **. My package is missing now. They weren’t take a response for it. They told me to contact seller so seller contact FedEx to request to track and send my package to me. I went to previous address that they delivered this morning since package was deliver around today 10 am but package is not there. It was gift so I need it by today.

They don’t say I’m sorry for my package is missing by them. They said “it was my fault for put previous shipping address when I order my coffee. I told them that I have a proof of shipping address for my order is **, not **. They don’t want help me to find my package. They were very rude. I want them to find my package and ship it me or pay $38.22 for my coffees. They don’t care for customers. They contacted me. They didn’t say I’m sorry for lost my package.

I got a call from Fedex. The lady wasn’t help me. She was keep saying I did receive a code by email to open package holder box next to rental office. I told her that I moved so I don’t receive a code by email anymore but she was keep deny for it. She made me feel like that I am lying to her. I have to keep explain it to her over and over again since she is not listen and believe me. She told me to call rental office to email me the code that went to new resident’s email address

and go there to pick up a package. Rental office don’t answer the phone most of time. I am not go there to pick up a package that FedEx made a mistake. They don’t apologize to me. They called me to give order. I want refund for $38.22 from FedEx since they are not doing anything for me. I am one who is doing all work.

They don’t want to contact my rental office to pick up my package. I am not use my gas and my time to pick up this package since it is not my fault. The lady was hung up w/ telling her name and I have to contact the seller to receive my package. They were try to get away by ask me to contact seller to send package. They didn’t contact seller and don’t want to do it.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

In the last 2 or 3 months, FOUR deliveries have not arrived at our home, but in fact were delivered to neighbors, blocks away from our home. One was at least the same number as ours, if not the correct street. Another was blocks away with nothing anywhere close to our street address. Fortunately, these kind neighbors brought the deliveries to our house. It comes down to a person in a truck making the right delivery. I thought it would be useful if I could report that and his/her supervisor advise the person to pay more attention, but of course FEDEX does everything possible to block you from real contact with real people who work for the company that might be able to help. I ask all my vendors now to please use a company other than FEDEX. It's sad to see a once great company in the tank.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I ordered a new laptop and paid for priority shipping with FedEx. The day it was supposed to arrive I ensured I was home to receive the package. It never showed up. The driver falsely claimed they made a delivery attempt, but no door tag was left to prove it. Customer service assured me that the driver would deliver it the next day and notify me when they were close. Again the package wasn't delivered, no delivery attempt was made, even though I was able to confirm it was on a truck out for delivery. I had to wait for the truck to return to the processing facility and pick it up myself.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I am submitting a formal complaint. I was scheduled to receive life-sustaining medication that is temperature sensitive today 9/21. Once I arrived home from work to see no box, I looked at my tracking that said "unable to deliver" at 3:18 according to your driver there was no one to receive my package. I live in an apartment building with the leasing office (open till 5) just next to the entrance and a call box with every resident's name on it (accessible 24/7). Additionally, my phone number is listed on the container to call with any issue due to the fact that it is life-sustaining, temperature-sensitive medication. Once I called your customer service they said the FedEx driver wasn't able to get into the gate, there is NO gate here. The rep then instructed me to go to the location, where drivers return undeliverable packages, between 830 and 9 to pick up in person.

I arrived just before 8:30 and was turned away and told they were closed and they would not be able to give me my package. I am incredibly frustrated and disappointed in the lack of service. I then called customer service again as I was instructed by the person at the shipment center. That customer service agent proceeds to tell me that FedEx drivers aren't provided a phone, so if they don't want to use their personal device to contact the customer, they don't have to. This is unacceptable, especially transporting medication. It's literally life and death products, not a pair of jeans or shoes lost in the mail. The customer service was nonexistent and the lack of caring about a necessary medication is completely unacceptable. I am disappointed and disgusted with the treatment and FedEx as a whole.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I have had the unfortunate experience of receiving around 6 packages from FedEx this year. Why anyone would willingly chose them, I will never know. Every single time the original delivery date given is never when the package arrives. There is always an "unforeseen delay" that pushes it back a day or a week. The packages that I receive usually contain $200-$600 worth of goods, so it isn't something I want to leave laying on my porch all day. I purposely make sure I or someone I trust is at my home the day of the delivery and every time it never arrives.

I call the customer service number and the automated system tells me the same info on the site (the it is supposed to be here today but yet it shows in another state). The automated system then tells me that a real person will have no more information. FedEx needs to do better. It is literally the worst. I'd rather have my mail delivered by a turtle. Kidding but it would be nice if someone competent could run their site and upgrade their systems to accurately display the information. For the price they charge, you'd think they could find smarter people running it.

Fedex author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

FedEx Company Information