1.23/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3537 FedEx Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

2 packages were suppose to be delivered on Wednesday by end of day. One I have to sign for. There was a weather impacting last weekend with snow but all clear by Wednesday. Each day the status would change to rescheduled next day by End of Day. So I would stay at the house all day waiting. This repeated Thursday, Friday, Saturday until status changed to pending. So I wasted 3 days staying at home to sign for a package. Now it is Sunday. Still no packages. Calls to FedEx. They finally initiated a tracking on my package. I assume I will eventually hear from them? Meanwhile UPS is delivering packages to my house. I can understand a weather delay but don't keep indicating by end of day on each day. They must know the package is lost. They have a tracking system and should know the package is NOT ON a truck and out for delivery.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I has 3 packages delivered. Every time the day they were going to be delivered I would track them to make sure I didn't miss them and to make sure they are still on time. By 8 pm every time the status on the website would change from to be delivered today to pending delivery. I called FedEx and they were just rude. I kept checking doorstep until 11 pm each time. The next morning the packages were there in the pouring rain as if the packages were soaked. Horrible customer service!!!

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I shipped a package on Tuesday, with a delivery date of Wednesday. It was only going 1 1/2 hours away. It is now Saturday and it had not been delivered. I spoke with a supervisor and she called the local shipping center. They promised to call my customer within the hour to arrange delivery. My customer never heard from them and she still doesn't have the package.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

FedEx needs a major overhaul! They lie, send email that package is out for delivery and will be delivered today. Just now they change it and say it will be delivered Monday. Called and the guy barely speaks English. Tells me there’s nothing he can do! Absolutely the worst customer service! I will Never do business with them again!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Shipments to southern California, very often it arrived in Bloomington, CA. The shipment will sit there for days before they transferred to next location. This happens many times. Whether it's busy season or regular season. The latest one my order was shipped from Azusa, CA to Diamond Bar, CA (all within greater Los Angeles area) on Friday. It arrived Bloomington, CA overnight. The scheduled delivery date is 5 days later - next Friday. Go figure. The other time I ordered wine. Wine arrived in Bloomington, CA but was delivered 3 days later.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

My Fitbit order was placed 11/23/2018. Sent 11/30/2018. Notified to receive Dec 7 by FedEx. Changed to Dec 14. Changed to Dec 15. Changed to Dec 19. That will be 20 days in transit. It sat in NJ for 6 days and has been all around the East Coast except where I live. Went from IN to NJ, to PA, to NC, again NC other location, and is supposed to come from there. FedEx is no help when you call. Basically it will come when it comes. Do not ever ship this way. I wanted this item to monitor my heart rate during walking since I am having problems. What a joke! Fitbit wasn't any help either.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I sent a package to a friend through a company, the tracking was all over the place. Apparently it was left at some business that had nothing to do with my friend's address. Every customer service agent told me a different story, and not one called back as they said they would. They apparently have no idea where they left it or why they left with some unknown entity. This is about the fifth disastrous experience I have had with FedEx, I wish the companies I order from would stop dealing with them. If I could have given them zero stars I would have.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Regardless of priority shipping with huge additional money, the FEDEX proven obsolete, dilapidated and worst service whom were shipping products with no proper customer care service (all were proven illiterate and unprofessional) and never maintained their delivery promise. Instead of sending with so called FedEx we could have any chosen any locals whom were dealing international shipping. The tracking information and reality always differs and even delivery you won't get into your delivery address.

If you need parcel safely you should track the driver, beg with him, pay additional money, then only your shipment will be handed over to you. Dear all senders and receivers, if you need to send or receive any international shipping, please don't ever think FedEx as "first choice" whom will screw our life miserable. Firstly the name of appreciation should be defamed and this should be alerted to all individuals and companies in this world. I had many times experience with FedEx from US to India and consistently proven ** and unethical company.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I've waited forever for my package. I live in an apartment. The driver instead of walking to my door he left the package in front of the apartment building. And guess what? It was stolen. I received an email saying it was left outside the apartment building and nothing. We called customer service and wow all they could say was, "No it shouldn't have been left there." Other than that too bad. FedEx sucks and I will NEVER use them.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I was supposed to have a package delivered to my home in Eunice, LA. After waiting patiently I decided to call the distribution center 3 days after it was supposed to be delivered. I was informed that they tried to deliver the package 3 times and left a note each time. BS I never received a single notice. I can understand 1 note missing but 3? I believed the delivery man just didn’t want to take the time to write it. Now I am having to take off of work and drive 2 hrs to pick up the package. I WILL NEVER USE FEDEX OR DO BUSINESS WITH ANY COMPANY THAT USES THEM AS THEIR DELIVERY COMPANY!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

My order from a Toronto, Canada company was shipped to Buffalo Dec. 5. I live about 20 miles from the FedEx offices and since it arrived in Buffalo all I have received are email notices telling me the package is on the truck and will be delivered that day but no package. I have been lied to and it now Day #9 and still no package. At one point it was shipped to Rochester 70 miles away and then to Syracuse 150 miles away.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Yesterday while sitting at home decided to walk dog and found FEDEX slip saying no one home needs a signature. Was po'd because I was at home and no doorbell or knock at the door. Today made sure I was home and waited. Same thing happened. Ran outside when I heard the truck and found another slip saying no one home. Chased truck screaming, driver kept going. Called the office. The woman was good about it and agreed with me that the driver should have knocked. Now I have to wait a few more days and pick it up myself at drop center near me. When I get my package I will call the sender and voice my complaint about the mailing service. Never have good luck when dealing with FEDEX. This isn't the first time I've had problems with them. This is the norm for FEDEX.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

So I have automatic notifications, as soon as a package is delivered I get an email that it has been delivered including the time it was delivered. So I am sitting right at my computer and an email pops up that my package was just delivered 1 minute prior. I am sitting in my living room right in view of the front door. No one had knocked. I walk over to the front door - no package at my house. I call FedEx and they tell me my package was just delivered. I explained I am sitting right here and no package is here. I ask them to call the driver so he can go back and grab my package (since it was delivered only moments before) where he left it so he can bring it to the correct address. How hard is it to look at the address before you go giving away peoples merchandise? If I wasn't sitting right there when the notification came, I'm sure they would try to blame it on someone stealing the package but I was literally right there.

No FedEx truck came here. It is almost Christmas, I have 5 kids and this is my daughter's present - and they do not get much already. Now my daughter's main gift has been squandered by a delivery driver who is too incompetent to do his job. And FedEx doesn't even have any kind of dispatch - no way to reach the driver to retrieve the package they just misplaced. I will have to wait days to week for an "investigation" but they can't even call the driver and have him go get the package he just delivered to the wrong address. The sad part is unless the company requested a signature - they do not even care where they leave a package. They won't even knock. They throw the package at the front door and if you are lucky it's the right door. If they took one minute to knock on the door - the person answering would at least have a chance to inform the driver he is at the wrong address, but no. That never happens.

Anytime FedEx has a package with no signature required - it is marked on tracking as "left at the door." Always someone is home and no reason to leave packages outside. It is just lazy incompetence. They driver know FedEx won't do anything to them and they have no initiative to care about their incompetence. As long as they can hurry up and toss the packages out of the truck and get home as soon as possible. If they do not recover my package this time, I will never use them again.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Just get my shipment to me. That was their only job! I waited two weeks, tracked my delivery... It was received but sitting in the same location the whole time. So, I email them... Get a canned "trying to find the best person to help you" response. Waited two days, no follow up from FedEx. Today I called and was told my shipment was lost. I asked to speak to someone that could find it, but that request can't come the recipient, only the sender. I CANNOT ASK TO HAVE THEM TO FIND MY STUFF. Crazy. So, here I am waiting for Christmas presents that never were going to show up. If you order something, ask the seller to use anyone other than FedEx. USPS, Carrier Pigeon, Cross Country Skier... anyone other than FedEx!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I was expecting a package from a major department store. I received an email saying it was shipped so a few days later I tracked the package. The FedEx tracking system said it was delivered that morning at 10:15 AM and left by the garage. I live in an apartment complex where there are no single garages, just underground parking. So I checked outside the unit door and there was a package there so I brought it inside, but it wasn't mine. I checked both garage doors - no package. When I called FedEx I was told that they were having trouble with their tracking system and that it may say a package was delivered when in fact is wasn't.

Later that day my doorbell rang and it was a neighbor from down the street. He had my package and he asked if I had his. I never looked at the address and he said the name on the package was his wife's. I thanked him for bringing my package to me. Thank goodness for honest neighbors. I understand that it a busy time of the year, but I wouldn't be writing this review if I was happy with the service.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

FedEx pretty much always lies about if they delivered your package. They also leave blank door receipts. They also have dented and damaged EVERY package I have ever received from them. I have never had a friendly or even neutral customer service rep experience; they have always been rude... and this is in several stores in more than four different states. Please go anywhere else; FEDEX needs to go out of business. I'm sick of online retailers using them because I'm stuck with late, damaged packages that I end up having to drive to pick up in store because the delivery drivers are too dumb or lazy to do their job.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I supposed to get my package on Tuesday Dec 11 and guess what? I go into my app and the package said delivered on Friday Dec 7! Lie!!! The guy FedEx put in the wrong house my box. I’m put my claim and I waiting. I lose my box and money. I just wait for the FEDEX answer of my claim. I’m very upset about that. The FedEx employee have to look twice the address before put the mail or boxes front the doors. The box that I expected was about my current job. In other hand, people if you receive boxes or mail that NOT yours, come on!!! Back to FedEx or if you are close for example, 4 or 5 houses delivery the mail. You receive 1 star because I have to write something! But you have 0 star.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I ordered something. Got a email stating it was on the way. FedEx say they sent it on the 6th. A lie. Say the same thing on the 12th. A lie. Left nothing on my door but email saying no one was home, be back 13th. And of course no one understands that the dumb driver is either not coming or going to the wrong house. When I order from now on I will not be using them at all. They're rude and one had the nerve to hang up because I know my damn address and the driver don't or can't read instructions. They don't even deserve a star.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I was just hung up on by a FedEx customer service rep. I have been waiting 2 days for a package to be delivered. They keep saying it's on the truck. They won't let me pick it up and they have no answers whatsoever. Horrible option if you own a business. This will hurt the bottom line. I may have to refund customers which is unsustainable for a small business.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Their employees are not only properly trained, but also are lying. I had a package that failed to delivery yesterday, and the carrier left a first note on the door, saying another attempt will be made without say on what date. So I called FedEx center. The agent said the carrier had tried three times and asked me to come to facility to pick it up. But we were at office in the last two of the three day, and no one came to the door. We only saw one note that was stuck on the office door on the day we weren't there. I asked agent whether the carrier tried three times within that day when we are out. He replied that delivery attempts were counted on separate day. Apparently, the carrier claiming he had tried three times of delivery was complete lying. Never had such bad experience with other companies, including not-so-good USPS. Stay away FedEx.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

FedEx emails me that my item was delivered on December 8 2018 which is a big lie because on December 8 2018 delivery status reads pending... Then I get an email that it was delivered today Wednesday December 12 2018, that's another lie. P.S. I work from home and there is no package at all. Where is my package? I really had no choice but if it was up to me I would give it no stars!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have had so many problems the past 6 months. Constant delivery delays and problems. Bogus delays at the end of day after being marked out for delivery. The most recent issue Waiting on a Christmas present for my grandson. Ordered Nov 26 from Walmart.com. The item has been on the truck since December 6 and still no delivery. Called several times, no concern for customer, terrible company. They deserve no stars at all!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

A few months back I had ordered multiple items from Amazon. Partial order was to be delivered by FedEx. I am home all day every day and on the day of delivery no one knocked on my door and nothing happened. The next day I check on the site and realize that the items were marked as delivered. I check my front porch and nothing. I called Amazon and they notified me that they could not do anything unless I called FedEx and put in a formal complaint, which I proceeded to do. I spoke to the manager and she proceeded to scream at me and say that it was not their fault at all and that she will have the delivery driver come out to me and explain to me what he did. I waited and upon his arrival, he said that he knocked on my door (which he didn't I was home) and when no one answered he knocked on my neighbor's door and left the package with them.

I did not understand why he would even do that but I was left to question my neighbor (which I should not have to do). When my neighbor got home I asked and he said that he himself was home the day before and no one knocked on his door let alone leave a package with him. I called back and spoke with possibly the same manager as before. She started to scream at me about how the delivery driver was a great person who had worked there sooo many years and how I was wrong for even insinuating the occurrences.

I am shocked by how they handled every single part of this experience. I am only now sharing this story because I have noticed that after this ordeal, to add insult to injury, they have I guess flagged me somehow. Every package that is meant to be sent via FedEx when I purchase something gets rerouted to be sent by USPS (I see it on their shipment tracking site). This causes some of my packages to arrive later than expected and all because they do not want to take ownership over how ineffective they are.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I ordered a few products from Target on December 3rd and due to my purchase, I was able to have my orders shipped within 2 days. My first package was shipped on the 4th and arrived in my state on the 5th but because of the president's funeral, the delivery was put off until the next business day. The next business day came and I waited at home all day, only to find out through the FedEx website that my package wasn't going to be delivered because of, "Incorrect street address." Not only did I contact customer service through email (which I didn't get a reply for) but I also called customer service and notified the representative that the address was indeed correct. I was told she'd send the new information to the driver and he'd deliver my package the next day. December 8th comes and I make sure to have status updates for my package sent to my phone, as well as stay home to see if I finally get my package.

I get a call from a FedEx employee who again tells me that the address provided is incorrect because, "It can't be found on Google Maps." (which isn't correct either, because not only I but even a friend of mine who lives in Canada can search my address on Google Maps and it pops up, with an image and everything). I repeat the same information to him that I told the customer representative the day before, he says okay and that's the end. I get a notification on my phone an hour later stating that my package has be rescheduled for delivery on Tuesday, December the 11th. That will be 6 days (5 business days) that FedEx has been holding my package when it was suppose to be here on the 6th, 2 days from the initial shipment. I contacted customer service again, because at that point, I was irritated.

I wanted to put in a request to have my packages (because I have 2 separate shipments from Target that FedEx is suppose to deliver) held at a FedEx location but was told by the representative that she couldn't do that and I could either go to Sparrows Point Maryland where my package is and pick it up or she could patch me through to someone and I would pretty much have to repeat the same directions I had given to the employee who called me earlier. I don't have a car and I live in the city, not only that but why should I go pick up my package when I paid extra to Target so that I could have my things shipped to me within 2 days?

So, I ended up having to repeat detailed directions on how to get to my home, also letting them know that I don't have a front door. Only a back door. I also gave my number so that if/when the driver gets lost near my home, I can meet them outside to get my package. All of this rescheduling and not delivering packages is unnecessary. My mother, who also lives at the same address, has had the same problem with FedEx and she assumed it was drivers who just didn't want to do their job. One of these packages contains medicine that I need. It would be a lot easier if I could pick it up at a FedEx location close to me, or if they could just give it to the post office because I know for sure I'd get my package then. This company has too many negative reviews on numerous websites regarding their practices to continue like this instead of fixing the problems.

As of today, December 10th, the newest failed delivery claim has nothing to do with incorrect address but was written as, "Customer Not Available or Business Closed." Which was also wrong because my mother and I had been home at our resident all day. We didn't see any FedEx delivery person, didn't receive any delivery slip, didn't receive any calls from the driver. I contacted customer service again, and spoke to an Amy who repeated the failed delivery claim, even going as far to say that I missed the knock.

I asked to speak to her supervisor who put me on hold to contact the driver, and asked him to redeliver my package today. As I'm aware that FedEx delivery hours are between 9am and 8pm, it's 8:35pm and I STILL haven't received my package. Either the supervisor lied to me or the driver simply didn't want to redeliver my package. Nonetheless, I have filed 2 complaints with the Better Business Bureau against FedEx, as well as wrote an email to the CEO of FedEx about this issue.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Absolutely horrible! I simply just wanted to order a pack of Hot Wheels for my son through Walmart who uses FedEx. On the date of expected arrival I received no notification or anything that they tried to deliver to my address. So that night I made sure to include my current gate code and sign up for text alerts as well as call the Fedex 1800 #. The next day on my only off day (today), I waited the whole day, FedEx never arrived so at 6 pm I called again and the automated system says they attempted to deliver but no one was home. Mind you I was home all day. So after speaking to another representative she tells me that for security purposes drivers aren't allowed to take gate codes. Why wasn't I informed when I called the first time? And then she says they will attempt one more time tomorrow or I can pick it up from the FedEx 30 minutes away or my nearest Walgreens.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

We have had several and I mean several occurrences where we would not get any deliveries on Fridays because FedEx has it in their system we are close. WE ARE NOT CLOSED... We have contacted customer service SEVERAL times with no success because we are still not getting our packages ON FRIDAYS. To say we are frustrated is an understatement. We have come to the conclusion we are not going to be using them anymore as we cannot afford these mistakes anymore.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I've had so many issues with packages shipped via FedEx it's unreal. They have delivered with a signature and then a week later told me they could not find my address. I've lived here for years and I've heard it all. They have left packages with my trash cans and returned packages the same day they told me I could pick it up. Based on my experience and the terrible reviews I've now seen I'm going to see if my company will consider switching. They should go out of business or learn how to treat customers property.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I want to give FedEx 0 but the least rate is 1. According to my experience, FedEx always has excuses to be late. What I'm saying is that FedEx never ever arrived on time in my life, without exception, I mean never. Suggestions to those who want to ship items: do not choose FedEx unless you want your shipment arrive next year.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Package was out for delivery Tuesday. It has been delayed with no delivery attempt every day. Today is Sunday and now there is a weather delay. It’s raining and 38...WHAT?? Filed a complaint with FedEx Saturday, no response.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Prefer from Apple that shipped via FedEx on a Tuesday. Was told it would be delivered by Friday. After being a day late I check FedEx and it says it is delayed “due to weather” at the FedEx location it goes to before my town. Then the next scan is all the way back on the other side of the US. They mishandled it and it got sent backwards. Then after two days of waiting it finally gives me another delivery date for the next coming Saturday. But now it is late and show delivery date as “pending”. I’ve never had a good experience with FedEx but this just takes the cake.

Fedex expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

• Best for: FedEx is best for individuals and businesses that need to ship items fast.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs