2. Moving

FedEx

3.5/5 (2300 ratings)

About FedEx

FedEx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FedEx?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: March 15, 2021

The gentleman was so nice, all other delivery services from Australian Post are lazy and unreliable. In the pandemic they always force me out to take the goods even when I was sick. And as soon as they saw my face they would take off and drop the goods brutally right on the front door whilst my apartment is 5 meters walking in. So today when I heard he said Fed Ex delivery I expect him to be the same level of rudeness, and seeing a big box I know it was the order of iMac 27 inches from Apple. I was thinking to myself that’s it, I have to drag it in now. But he was so friendly and kind and brought all the way to inside of my house. People like this deserves a raise and recognition. Thank you, FedEx and the gentleman that was very helpful! 5 stars services!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I had a delivery on Sunday. Our driveway was snow covered and slippery. The driver called from his truck and said he didn't want to try the driveway but would walk the package up and leave it under our carport if that was ok. That was fine with me. I appreciated that he called and then took additional steps to deliver. UPS would never have done that. They won't even drive up in good weather. They leave packages along the road where it could be stolen. I just wanted to praise the driver and FedEx. I wish I knew his name. I have the phone number that he called from. It is **.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I have always used FedEx and all its shipping and will continue to use them as they are by far the best in the world. I love the delivery staff also due to the most professional delivery services I have ever used and experienced.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I am medically exempt from wearing a mask and carry a letter to prove it. One of your employees, knowing this told me if I came in without a mask again he would throw me out. This was done with 4 other witnesses. It was embarrassing, no one made eye contact with me after this and even after showing him my doctors letter excluding me, he didn't apologize and went on to defend his aggression. I felt threatened, humiliated for having a medical condition I can't control and I'm still shaking writing this and it's been an hour since I left. This individual needs to be "trained" or fired.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Gained a change in venue rather unexpectedly late in the '19 stanza and frankly a little gun shy with what I might be in for at the new zip code in terms of package receipt and general services. Disabled, single seventy year old guy blah blah so any co. that makes it just a little bit easier for me is a welcome plus. Located in SWFL, I'm frankly in awe of how these guys even fulfill their duties with ground temps in excess of 100 degrees most of the year too. My FedeX guy is so fast between the knock on the door and my getting to it that he's back in his truck like Santa on his sleigh... Caught up with him err almost on Labor Day W/E with a Sunday delivery no less. Told him how much I appreciated him from the walkway and he returned the greeting in kind. Best customer service I have seen or heard in a good long while...

Original review: July 23, 2021

I had historically been experiencing issues with slow deliveries from FedEx Austell Ga. Items were delivered 2-3 days late. Currently (July 2021) Items are far slower than before, I have been waiting for over two weeks for a single item to be delivered about very close to the Fed Ex facility. I called local customer service and was told I was behind many other people and all they could do was send a note to the station to let them know I was concerning about my shipment. Contacting corporate in Memphis Tn. provided no improvement, their efforts have resulted in no delivery to date. The same issues are being experienced by other Fed Ex facilities in the Atlanta area.

In a few days, my shipment will be a month late for delivery. There are complete horror stories about people trying to deal with this facility in West Georgia. There are articles on Fox 5 and 11 Alive news about the horrible service from FedEx Ground in the Atlanta area. Issues got so bad in 2019, Amazon refused to allow any of its suppliers to ship via Fed Ex ground. It's high time they restrict them yet again. If you are having items shipped from online sellers, verify they do not use Fed Ex ground for any reason if you live in the Atlanta area.

Original review: July 23, 2021

I have had the most issues with FedEx. First off, good luck getting your package on the day you are suppose to receive it. On numerous occasions when they would drop off a package We might get a notification via text but I guess pushing the button on the doorbell is too complicated because it is something they don't seem to know how to do. If you have a package that required a signature good luck with that too. Usually it is just dropped off on the porch also and no signature. The latest one was with a custom barrel that was about $1600.00. No signature even though the company sent it out that way.

Presently I have a package that I was notified was out for delivery on the 21st. It too was a no show. Then I get a text saying due to operational Errors it would be delivered on the 22nd. Still a no show. Then today the 23rd I get another text saying due to operation errors my package is scheduled for 7/22 which is yesterday. In short FedEx not good.

Original review: July 23, 2021

I shipped a Samsung Smartwatch back to Walmart with their return label. I kept tracking it through FedEx, it was staying in 1 location. I called them, they said they shipped it to Mississippi to a warehouse and would not be sending it back or to Walmart. They were keeping it! I filed a complaint, I spoke to corporate twice. When I spoke to both they confirmed they were keeping it and I wasn't getting my money from them. Don't EVER ship FedEx!

Original review: July 23, 2021

I have used FedEx before and have never had any issues. That is until now. We had two boxes delivered to our home. But here is the horrible part, our home had just burnt down and the FedEx delivery person left the packages on my front steps!!!! The house is burnt down, there is no one living there and you can tell by looking at the home. The fact that the delivery person didn't care or pay any attention just shows how horrible their service is. Then to top it off when I called customer service they wouldn't even listen to me. The guy kept asking for my tracking number, which I explained I didn't have. The guy didn't understand what I was saying. My home was gone and those packages should NEVER have been delivered.

Original review: July 22, 2021

What happened to the best in the business? Priority Overnight Package supposed to be delivered by 10:30. Call FedEx and they now say 12:00. Still does not show up. Call back and they then say "end of day." The package was on the truck at 9:00am. Come on. It's not supposed to be deliver whenever you feel like it, especially to a business. Horr-i-ble.

Fedex author review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team