FedEx

FedEx

1.1/5 (341 ratings)

About FedEx

FedEx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FedEx?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I want to comment on two FedEx employees working out of the Madison, AL depot and delivering to Huntsville downtown area. They are known as “Murphy” and a female known as “Twin.” I was desperately looking for the most important and single Christmas present for my son. Production was delayed at the factory, but it shipped out FedEx 2-day delivery. It made it from Colorado to Madison, AL, on Thursday morning. As I was about to leave the office in the afternoon, a FedEx delivery person who goes by “Twin” was in my building but didn’t have the package. I gave her the tracking number, and she took time from her hectic schedule on December 23rd to call the main office and see if she could find it. It wasn’t scheduled on any truck for some reason. I told her how important it was to get this before Christmas. She said she would check into it further when she got back to the office. I gave her my cell number.

I went home at three p.m. but left my outer office door open for delivery, though it was a ‘signature required’ delivery. I left a note with my name, hoping FedEx might come late, saying to leave the package and lock the outer door on the way out. I would have been off all day, today, Christmas Eve, but decided to go in about nine a.m. to wait until just afternoon when I had to leave to greet relatives arriving from out of town at 1 p.m.

When I was two minutes from my office, my cell phone rang, and it was “Twin,” saying she had located my package and had it in her hand. Her route wouldn’t be in town today, but she had the man, Murphy, standing beside her who said he’d deliver it when he left the terminal, about 10 a.m. I said that was great and would wait however long it took. Murphy arrived at 9:30, saying that since he knew how important it was to me, I was his first stop, and it was fortunate he knew I was waiting because they don’t stop at business buildings on Christmas Eve because virtually all offices are closed. He delivered it to me. I signed and shook his hand.

Thanks for the extraordinary effort and caring on these several workers, “Twin” in particular, I got the cherished package to give my son. It would be the only gift he’d receive on Christmas and was so much better than a photo of a similar expensive product and a promise for next week. I was told by another FedEx delivery person that they all got a ‘pep-talk’ today, Christmas Eve, to do all they could to complete all deliveries. I know sometimes package deliveries have problems, and people complain. That’s natural. But when some of the FedEx team go out of their way to make a customer happy by delivering in the ‘nick of time.’ I applaud this fine company, its management, and delivery drivers who make extra efforts that we sometimes never know about. This time, I did.

Original review: July 17, 2021

The online shipping process was somewhat confusing so the instructions could be made a little clearer and my shipment was delayed by one day. But I was shipping an African violet plant and it arrived safe and sound.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2021

The gentleman was so nice, all other delivery services from Australian Post are lazy and unreliable. In the pandemic they always force me out to take the goods even when I was sick. And as soon as they saw my face they would take off and drop the goods brutally right on the front door whilst my apartment is 5 meters walking in. So today when I heard he said Fed Ex delivery I expect him to be the same level of rudeness, and seeing a big box I know it was the order of iMac 27 inches from Apple. I was thinking to myself that’s it, I have to drag it in now. But he was so friendly and kind and brought all the way to inside of my house. People like this deserves a raise and recognition. Thank you, FedEx and the gentleman that was very helpful! 5 stars services!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I had a delivery on Sunday. Our driveway was snow covered and slippery. The driver called from his truck and said he didn't want to try the driveway but would walk the package up and leave it under our carport if that was ok. That was fine with me. I appreciated that he called and then took additional steps to deliver. UPS would never have done that. They won't even drive up in good weather. They leave packages along the road where it could be stolen. I just wanted to praise the driver and FedEx. I wish I knew his name. I have the phone number that he called from. It is **.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

FedEx told me yesterday that they would deliver a package before the end of the day. I sat at home all day and there was no delivery. Today, Sunday, they sent me a text at 7:00 am saying they would deliver the package between 10:00 and 2:25. I've been setting in my office 10 feet from the front the front door. I got message at 1:25 that they attempted to deliver the package and no one is home. This is an absolute lie. They are absolutely the worse delivery service there is. Do not use them!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

FedEx is useless. I cannot get them to deliver any packages to my home address. I think that their system is messed up and automatically shows the incorrect zip code for my address. There is no way to contact them directly to straighten this out. Their customer service is in a third world country, and they only read what their computer screen tells them. If you try to explain this to them all they say is that "the package is rescheduled for tomorrow". Of course, it is being rescheduled every day, but they can't figure out something is wrong. I finally got the first package delivered to a fedex drop off at a Walgreens. The second package they won't even deliver it to the drop off. I am trying to have all packages sent UPS when I can. They deliver to my front door no problem. Meanwhile the item I need is stuck in fedex limbo.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Worst delivery company ever! The customer service is not helpful, just a lot of apology and lip service. Don't want your apology. I want my package. Federal Express needs to hire more convenient people and less idiotic morons. I really do not know how they are still in business!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I have been doing business with FedEx for over 20 years and in the last 2 months I have had more problems than ever before. Every Friday, I receive a package with very important documents inside that are scheduled to be here by 10:00 a.m. 5 out of the last 8 weeks it has been seriously delayed and arrived after 4:00 p.m. The other 3 weeks it did not show up at all until Monday. This is not due to weather delay or holiday. I understand that they are short handed on staff but you would think that the 800# would try and be helpful. This is not the case. They are unprofessional and hang up on you or put you into a survey you never asked to be on to get you off their line.

I do not understand how you cannot facilitate a customer driving to the station to pick up their package because you can't get anyone from the station to answer to help with this. A company that operates this way should not be in business as they act like we have no choice but to use them. Take your business elsewhere. If Amazon can figure out how to get packages placed on time maybe FedEx (who has been doing it longer) should figure it out as well. It's not the employees fault, it is the corporation's fault for overworking them, not compensating them enough, and treating them poorly. SHAME ON YOU FEDEX, but I am sure your CEO, PRESIDENT, VICE PRESIDENT and CORPORATE OFFICERS are all getting paid. This is unacceptable.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

Well, if there was a lower rating than 1-star, FedEx would get it from me! From lost/stolen packages, mutilated boxes upon receiving, delays in delivery, misinformation from multiple locations, unprofessional behavior and so on. FedEx has completely lost a large item of mine that I shipped and according to their customer service, it was destroyed prior to delivery. Which makes no sense, since the box contained heavy metal item that are almost indestructible. Another package that I was receiving was at a facility approximately 4 miles from my house for more than a week and shows still there according to today's tracking. Verified this by calling customer representative on the phone and receiving the information they had and confirmed location of package. (In regard to the over the phone customer service, it was frustrating trying to get to a live person, but finally did and they spoke broken English and had noise in the background.)

So I went to the location of where the tracking and the phone representative confirmed. Then I was told (rudely) that the package was taken from this facility to another facility 3 days ago in order to be ready for home delivery. Then this person just walked away. So I arrived at the other location (which is further away from the delivery address) to be told that the package is still on the semi-truck and won't be unloaded until the following day. (None of this was listed on the tracking of the package.) The rep at this location just said there is no way to get the package at this time even though he claims it was there, but sitting on a truck, for what I assume 3 days since it was only 10 minutes away from the other location it was previously at.

To say the least, I will refuse to do business with businesses that use FedEx as a shipping method. UPS and USPS are so much better. Even DHL. How can Amazon (private delivery service) figure out how to deliver products in a reasonable time and have a better tracking system than that of a company specifically there for shipping?!?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

Bought a kitchen appliance from Home Depot, picked up by FedEx 12AM Jan 5th. from Tacoma, WA to be delivered on Jan. 11th in Eastern PA. Never arrived, BUT between the 5th and the 12th it has visited 12 different cities in 6 different states not including looping back into Washington, and landing in Chicago, IL. It is now lost. I called and asked for a trace twice and never received a reply. I finally asked for a supervisor who contacted Chicago and they can't find the package though their system says it's there. I was told "it's PROBABLY IN TRANSIT to another depot" for the past three days, and we'll have to wait until it gets scanned in again. Are these people kidding me??? I have shipped packages via UPS and USPS and NEVER had this kind of lack of interest or care about a customer's shipment. This package has been to TWELVE different cities in NINE DAYS, one twice, none of which were where it should be!

Wednesday, January 12, 2022
    TACOMA, WA
    FIFE, WA
    DUPONT, WA

TACOMA, WA

I have been given excuses that it went to depots closed due to covid, Depots closed due to staffing issues, rerouting due to bad weather...and yes I checked, NO ice or snowstorms during this period in those areas, and finally now... well it's in transit someplace. Christmas was the only excuse they didn't use! NEVER, EVER ship anything you care about via FedEx, they stink!!

Fedex author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

FedEx Company Information