1.38/5
Based on 1,222 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3881 FedEx Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

On February 1st FedEx made possession of a package in Erlanger, KY, containing a coffee table I had purchased on Amazon. It is my understanding that the package arrived in Tacoma, WA (where I live) on Wednesday, February 6th and it was out for delivery on Thursday, February the 7th. On Thursday evening the package was marked as delivered but it was nowhere to be found and after the seller and I contacted FedEx we were told that the driver had attempted to deliver my package around 5 pm but there was no one and he felt unsure about leaving my package outside.

He had already scanned the package as delivered so he just took it back to the truck and drove back to the local FedEx facility with it. This is problem number one. The concierge office in my building was open until 6 pm on Thursday and there were 3 people working in it, and me and my husband were home since 2:30 pm on that day. There was no attempt to deliver my package.

The Pacific Northwest was hit with a snowstorm on Friday that was on and off until Monday morning. But I am lucky enough to live in the waterfront/museum district in my city and the roads in and into my neighborhood, including the highway between the FedEx facility in Fife and us, were clean and ready very quickly. In fact, FedEx Express was delivering packages in my building on Tuesday, alongside UPS and USPS. I called FedEx again (so did the seller) and was told that my package should be delivered by the end of the day. That is problem number two: my package was not delivered and there was no clear information of the status of my package online.

Wednesday, February 13th came and went, I had a nice chat with the FedEx Express delivery guy who was again delivering to my building, and saw two school buses bring children to the Glass Museum next door (so, unstable, light-weight buses that carry children were driving around already), but my package never arrived. I called FedEx again and was given a case number (**) and was told that FedEx was on it. An hour later, I got a phone call from a FedEx representative who assured me my package was going to be delivered the next day. I asked to be allowed to pick my package up myself at the FedEx facility but was told that it was not necessary and they would deliver it the next day.

Thursday came, 8 days after FedEx had schedule my package for delivery. Thursday went and I had no package. I called FedEx again and was said that the package had been in the delivery van, but weather conditions did not allow for it to be delivered... Once again, we had no additional snow, the roads were completely cleared, and all other delivery companies had delivered packages that day (I received 2 myself from UPS). Thursday was a perfectly normal day; all school districts and schools had been open and all business had been functioning in the entire metro area. And yet, I still had no package and was getting what seemed to me like a very silly excuse.

That would be problem three. I was then assured that my package would be delivered on Friday. I asked again to be allowed to pick my package up in the FedEx facility and was told that it was impossible because my package was in the delivery van. I should wait because my package was absolutely going to be delivered the next day. By now I assume you suspect what problem four is: I never got my package and today, Saturday the 16th, I called FedEx again in the morning. I was transferred to a representative who was clearly very irritated with me and was incredibly dismissive.

I was told that FedEx had a lot of packages to deliver, that they were behind in deliveries, and that I should wait because my package was definitely out for delivery. I asked again to be allowed to pick it up in person and was told, again, that it was impossible because my package was in the delivery van. This particular representative had little time for me and insisted that I should wait. When I asked what to do if my package was not delivered today, I was told that Monday was a holiday so perhaps I would get it on Tuesday or could then try to make arrangements to go pick it up myself. That would be Tuesday, February the 19th, 18th days after FedEx took possession of my package and 13 days since the original delivery date. That would be problem four.

I understand the area got hit by an unexpected snow storm but the delivery person could have actually made the delivery on the original date it was scheduled (we have had problems with FedEx delivery persons not delivering packages before and marking them as delivered. Last time I spent an entire weekend trying to locate a package that the local FedEx office could not locate because the delivery guy was gone for the weekend and only him knew if he had actually delivered the missing package or if it was someplace else to be delivered later). Or the package could have been delivered in any of the following 5 days that the city and the area were back in full operations and clean and ready.

Neither I, nor the seller have been offered reimbursement for the delivery fee. Frankly, we haven’t been offered anything, not even a truthful delivery date or an opportunity for me to pick up my package. At this point, I feel like I will have to go out of my way to ensure that nothing I buy is every shipped with FedEx and offer any seller to pay extra to use a different company, along with advice anyone I know to avoid your services. It is February the 16th and my problem had received no resolution and I feel grossly mistreated.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I schedule a pick up package. I was home from 8 AM to eight at night. Never showed up. I got another day for pick up package. Waited home from 8 AM to eight at night. Never showed up. The third time I schedule a pickup package finally showed up at the last minute. I hate FedEx. I will never do business with them again‼️!

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

When I purchased items online that are delivered by Fed Ex they almost always send email with an incorrect delivery date. For example, I received an email Wednesday informing me that an item I ordered would arrive on Feb. 15. I had planned on going to my vacation home on Thursday evening, Feb. 14th. Since the package was supposed to arrive on Friday, Feb. 15th I cancelled the trip and wait all day Friday for the package to arrive.

After the package did not arrive by 8 pm I checked the tracking information and still the information said the item was scheduled for delivery on the 15th. About 10 pm I checked the tracking information again and the delivery date had been changed to Monday, Feb. 18th. Fed Ex cost me a mini vacation with their erroneous delivery information. Several times over the past year the same thing has happened. Why can't Fed Ex provide the correct delivery date for packages. I have never had this problem with UPS. I am going to stop using Fed Ex when buying online because of the erroneous delivery dates.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have had multiple packages lost by FedEx in the last 3 weeks. I live in a new neighborhood and the street does not show up on gps yet. I do understand the challenge this presents, but we have had items delivered by FedEx before as have our neighbors. Also when Amazon delivers they actually call if they need help finding the house, this concept is foreign to FedEx.

The issue I have is twofold. The first is baffling to me as I cannot comprehend how the driver goes to a different town, different street name and different house number and I assume looks at the label on the package and decides it’s close enough. This is either due to lack of training, incompetence or apathy. My second issue is the run around I have gotten and continue to get from their customer service. The first incident they lost my package from Rock Auto (so I can fix my car) and a package of diapers and necessities for my infant. They said they would look into it. Turns out the people in the other town called FedEx and asked them to please come get the packages.

This was never done and FedEx never got back to me. I had to call them and then they said there was nothing they could do. They said I had to call the seller directly and start lost package proceedings which I did. So fast forward 2 weeks and guess what? They delivered my packages to a different town again! I called customer service again (did I mention the call center is in El Salvador). I got the same disingenuous double talk. I did receive a call from the Trace department? A lady named Katy. She asked questions about my house, but started getting defensive and snotty with me when I asked what keeps this from happening again? And why would a driver knowingly drop something off at the wrong address? She informed me it was not her job to know what the drivers do.

Anyway long story short I was told once again if in 5 days they can’t find my packages I must call the seller and start list package proceedings again. I’m really disappointed in the whole experience. I really need my packages and I got the idea that they didn’t really care if I got them or not and it was my responsibility to make a bunch of calls to fix this issue instead of them, the company who caused the issue. I personally will use Amazon or UPS in the future. Their customer service is much more responsive and they actually seem to care.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

We ordered wedding rings from Turkey and chose FedEx’s fastest delivery service: FedEx International Priority. The guaranteed delivery day was on Wednesday before 10:30AM. On Wednesday they changed their guaranteed delivery day to Thursday before 10:30AM. On Thursday they changed it to Friday before 10:30AM. It’s Friday almost noon and no rings still. Our Wedding was on Thursday, we had to use cheap plastic rings. If you want a guaranteed delivery for something important, DO NOT USE FEDEX.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I was expecting a delivery. FedEx promised delivery on a specific date, and when I called to make sure (since their system hadn't updated in a while) they assured me that it would deliver on the promised day. After their usual delivery time had passed, I called again to check and again they promised it would arrive. Later in the day, I called again and they assured me again it would arrive so I asked them to verify. At that point, they admitted they had lost track of it. They got my number and promised to call me back. They didn't call me back. Instead, they just updated their system to show the package would arrive the next day. This was a problem since I'd taken the day off work to sign for this package after FedEx assured me it would arrive.

Up to this point, I have talked with about 14 people at FedEx. Each has either passed me on to someone else, or has promised me delivery within a window that wouldn't require me to drive an hour to pick it up, or take off work. During the process of talking with the folks at FedEx, more than once one of them has said, "that person couldn't have done what they promised you because we don't do that." In one case, a FedEx employee even told me, "the lady you talk to (a FedEx employee) lied to you."

Up to now, the only thing I have asked of FedEx is, since they didn't do what they'd initially promised, please help me receive my delivery without placing the entire burden of your error on me. Help out just a bit so it doesn't cost me money to alleviate the issue of you losing my package and having a deceitful system. That said, there is one station manager I spoke with who was not only polite (and many of them have been polite, but just unhelpful or complete liars) but she was also practical, offered useful options, and even though I'd have preferred a less burdensome result, at least didn't lie to me.

In closing, I won't be using FedEx again. When I buy from sellers online, I will not buy from them if their only option is to ship via FedEx. For company shipments, I will not use FedEx, and I will request suppliers to ship with anyone except for FedEx. I can accept screw-ups, to a point. I cannot accept dealing with a bunch of liars who pride themselves in deceiving their customers.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

We were shipped a package, asked to have it left at the door, the shipper required a signature. We work, like most people during the day, called and asked them to hold it at the store, they said only until 5 pm. We asked them to deliver the package after 5:30. They stated they would. They then again send an update saying they tried to deliver it at 3 pm and it would be taken to a farther facility from our house and held there. So the incompetent employees can't do what they said they would do, now the package is going to be sent back to the shipper. FEDEX SUCKS!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

3 weeks ago my package was delivered to the wrong address. I had to go outside to see where it might be and found it on an opposite street. I called the company that I order from to relay to FedEx my address with name on mailbox etc. Today, my package delivered a day late (no biggie except I had to call to see what was going on, nothing told from FedEx), was dropped off at my doorstep... I saw the truck drive away, but there was no knock on my door! I was sitting by it in the living room. LOL.

So, I go out to get it and there is another package for a neighbor. Only my last name is on my mailbox next to my door. I called FedEx and the agent said there was nothing he could do because it was already delivered. I asked for a supervisor and was on hold... so, I hung up. There is no personal communication and no one even tried to get this addressed. ** service with half-** delivery; it's just the fact. I won't use them in the future and the sad part is they have such volume that they could care less.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

This is the worst delivery company hands down. The drivers lie about coming to your house. The drivers do not leave door tags (because they never come by your house). The customer service is so bad they are up there with trying to deal with any government agency. I don't understand how they stay in business. I have numerous packages delivered by UPS and USPS every week with no issues. I never choose to use FedEx as my shipper but I can't control that other companies choose FedEx to ship to me. It's a nightmare whenever I see that a package is being delivered to me by FedEx! There's guaranteed to be a problem.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

FedEx takes over a week to deliver a package only one hour away. eBay guarantees delivery Friday, FedEx claims next week Tuesday?! And tracking continually changes to 'Scheduled delivery: Pending.' WTH?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Waiting for a package starting 2/11/19, keep changing date till 2/13/19. Then tell me the address is wrong, but USPS and UPS never have issue to find my address. Call 2/13/19 update instruction. 2/14/19 driver didn't even show up to leave a door tag, just say no one available. Have to call and 2 customer service person make it sounds like it's my fault didn't catch the driver, and I should wait outside the door in the winter and begging their driver to come. Finally, asked them to hold package and I will go and pick it up. Just tired to wait for the driver to come, I will pick up myself. It's a very difficult company to do business with.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

We are a business and the driver just leaves the merchandise out in any weather and when we are closed even for days. UPS does not delivery when we are not here, it is unacceptable. We now even ask all the business that ship to us to ship other ways or that it requires a signature, hope this works. Don't deal with FedEx.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I literally live 5 minutes from the local FedEx where my package was being tracked, I ordered a cell phone Friday 2/9/19. Shipped same day by cell phone provider 980 miles away. Received by FedEx Monday 2/11/19. At 8am package scanned. Tuesday, Wednesday package never comes but says delivery attempt unsuccessful (I was home all day). They took the package that required no signature BACK! So it is now Thursday at 9:15am and We still do not have an item we paid for because FedEx wants to hold it in their package limbo for yet another day. The company who literally can't deliver 1 package 5 miles away in a 4 day time span!!! Go FedEx!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

They were the courier working with Parcel Monkey. Had taken a day off work and stayed home whole day. Driver did not show on agreed day. When parcel finally delivered, parcel was unrecognisable, heavily damaged with missing items. No care taken for parcel. Horrible and lengthy experience with customer service to resolve issue and make claim. Will never make the same mistake in using their services.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

No customer service at Fedex. If you try to call in a complaint the operator does everything from putting you on hold to hanging up and never addresses the complaint. This goes on and on. CS rep after CS rep like they are hoping you give up so they don't have to deal with the problem.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I have a camera in my front door. Several days ago I placed an order with Amazon, and today FedEx delivered my package. I checked my camera, and I saw the FedEx employee lifting up the box from her shoulder and throwing it on the ground vigorously. I hope that nothing is broken. FedEx ought to train its employees properly, and should not have big or heavy packages delivered by employee without physical strength.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I didn't choose this delivery service, but shop choose it. But this is nightmare. I live in apartments and they can't manage to come to my door somehow. There is person sitting at home two days in a row just to accept the package, but there was no attempt to deliver package, even if status in the website says that it will be delivered at certain time. Status says, that there was a door tag left. But there is no door tag. I don't what to do. It's already two days with same scenario. The only thing I can suggest is to avoid this service.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I buy from Amazon on an almost daily basis, I own several businesses and, well, I love shopping. Amazon uses UPS and I’ve NEVER had any issues with delivery. UPS goes above and beyond every time. FedEx on the other hand... I order my dog food through Chewy.com (one of my dogs has a VERY sensitive stomach/stomach issues and can only handle one type of food, which I can only get online) well, Chewy uses FedEx to ship their products. The last 3 shipments have been late by up to a full week (7 days). 3 of those days I got text notifications it was on the truck for delivery (yet STILL did not get delivered). Each time I’ve called to complain the customer service representatives have been so rude and unaccountable for the company's lack of professionalism.

The last rep told me to just go “buy another dog food to hold them over...” with a dog who's been hospitalized due to stomach issues. This is NOT something you tell ANY customer let alone one who is dealing with health issues... So besides this issue, I live in a multi unit home. There are 3 levels. The lower level has an entrance in the front. My level has a side entrance and the very top level has the back entrance. For over a year now I have been filing MONTHLY complaints with FedEx and Chewy.com has been filing complains as well. FedEx KEEPS delivering to front door. The shipping label says in ALL CAPS "DELIVER SIDE DOOR." FedEx told me to download the app and put delivery instructions in there and I made it VERY CLEAR to DELIVER TO SIDE DOOR. You think they’d do it?? Not once have they delivered it to MY HOME.

The person they keep delivering to is elderly and frail, the box is 35 lbs. She has tripped over this box on her porch and most recently they placed the box directly in front of her door and she could not get out!!! I have cancelled all of my dealings with Chewy.com (They are awesome. Just can’t deal with FedEx anymore.) and all other companies I know use FedEx. I have never dealt with such a lack of common reading abilities (delivery side door) as well as I’ve made so many complaints that are being responded to with snide, rude remarks and keep falling on deaf ears. FedEx is the WORST shipping company I’ve ever dealt with and I will no longer do business with ANY company who uses them! Amazon has only used UPS with all of my orders, and you can find anything on Amazon, so I will be officially ordering everything from them. FedEx should be absolutely ashamed, I don’t know how they are still in business.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I don’t understand how this company can be so much worse than UPS, USPS, and now Amazon's own delivery drivers. I’ve had so many bad experiences over the years with the three attempt policy, I’ve been home but wasn’t able to answer the door fast enough for one reason or another only to find the, “sorry we missed you” sticker on the door. It’s getting to the point I will cancel an order if I see something is shipping via FedEx.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I ordered express/overnight shipping on an item and was supposed to get it Thursday. They said they put it on hold at a Duane and already I told them I'm not able to do pick up since I would be out all day and wouldn't be able to pick up my package in time and ask for it to be delivered again to the original address. They agreed and told me Saturday, Saturday rolls around. I call. Still no package plus they told me they don't do re-delivery on the weekends so expect Monday, yesterday still didn't have it. Called again. They told me I'd have it Tuesday and guess what? I still don't have it! This was honestly so frustrating to deal with!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

FedEx is absolutely the slowest shipping company you could ever use. My packages been in California for four days and they say it's still isn’t going to be delivered for another four days. At this time the package is only an hour drive away for me but they’re still saying it’ll be four days before they deliver it. Don’t use this company. USPS is definitely the way to go.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

FedEx MOP: Leave your package in the mud in the rain down the road from your home and then report "package delivered and left by front door". You find it a month later when they do it again and you find a third package left in the mud in the rain down the road for weeks. It is upsetting to have to even leave one star!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Had an iPad delivered from Apple. Of course carriers know that packages from Apple are from AI. Supposed to be delivered February 2. Never delivered despite being 'out for delivery' but tracking status updated each day after saying 'to be delivered by end of day **'. February 7 still not delivered and status changes from 'to be delivered by end of day' to 'pending'. I contact Apple and they see the same and ship a replacement immediately. They file a claim (I know this because I couldn't file one because it had already been filed) and the minute a claim is filed the status changes to 'Delivered Feb 3 at 3:28 PM to 'front door'. Now this is just BS because I was home all day waiting for this package on the 2nd and 3rd and I have ring doorbell that would've shown anyone that came to the door.

So, perhaps they delivered to the wrong door. Could happen, but then you're telling me they also forgot to mark it as 'delivered'. What are the chances of that? I admit, it could happen, however I have about 6-8 packages delivered each week. I have had UPS deliver to the wrong door and neighbors always come by and return to the correct owner. It just seems too coincidental that the driver delivered to the wrong door, forgot to mark it as delivered, and it just so happens to be from Apple. FedEx tries to say it's impossible, but they could easily 'misdeliver' to a friend's house and obtain the contents later. I am pretty sure if it were delivered to my neighbors, they would have returned it. Shady and I don't trust them. I looked it up and there was a large case of FedEx employees stealing iPhones around Christmas time. Would never trust this Company. Hopefully Amazon will drive them out of business.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Too bad I have to give 1 star. Absolutely the worst delivery service out there. Took over 2 weeks to get my last package and going on one week for this one. All they do is keep bringing the package from the depot to “out for delivery” and then they say it is undeliverable because of “local weather delay”. That’s their excuse for not delivering. And try getting hold of someone. I live in Canada and the two reps I spoke with live in Mexico and El Salvador, so they probably think it snows here all the time. Our government postal service Canada Post, is so much better.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I was expecting a package but it never arrived. I called the company to figure out what had happened and the woman I spoke with was very nice and professional. Once the time came to give her a review I meant to give her 5 stars but accidentally gave her two so if you see this I just wanted to thank you for your help!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

If I could have given FedEx zero stars, I would have. They are a lazy, horrible service. They've delayed our package delivery twice now for "weather delays" when every other carrier has delivered and I do know that because we had a package delivered from UPS and USPS on the same day we were originally supposed to receive the package from FedEx. Their customer service is awful and even when I chatted with a "live person", they send me copy paste answers that have no relevance to what I had asked about. Never will I ever use FedEx again, if I can help it.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

FedEx is the absolute worst postal service you could ever use. Sent my sister a birthday package, but is always at work when FedEx comes to deliver. They will not leave the package on her porch no matter how often we call in and no matter how many bites we leave. She cannot get a simple package because FedEx WILL NOT GIVE HER THE PACKAGE! Never use FedEx. They’re pricey, they do not care about complaint calls, and will not give my sister a stinking birthday present. Paying USPS to deliver in two days is 10x more better than FedEx despite the prices.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I paid for an Express overnight delivery Friday overnight Saturday signature required, drop in front of door or mailbox. The delivery guy just stood at the entrance. Put a sticker for pick up by 5pm. On Monday they did the same thing. Never went to the door, nor the mailbox. Another door tag at the entrance at 10 am. Come pick it up by 1 pm.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

FedEx is notorious about not delivering packages in my area, they always say that nobody was home or they need a code to get through the gate. There is no gate, just a driveway, and I set outside all day waiting for an important delivery just to get a text at 3pm that it was a failed delivery, nobody was home. The package doesn’t require a signature so if nobody was home why not just leave it? Easy, he never came down my road, never came to the house.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

FedEx has consistently been the worst shipping service of the top three available. I've had problems with USPS and UPS before, but for the most part they are consistent and punctual. FedEx however, is consistent only in its inconsistency. I had a package arrive 2 weeks late in January 2019 because it sat in a warehouse 2 miles from my house. Anytime I've paid for a faster delivery option it takes as long as the standard option for other services. What prompted this review is I paid for 2 day shipping on a package I ordered Thursday morning. According to FedEx tracking they had the package by Friday morning. The delivery time is now scheduled for Tuesday.

I understand the weekend can slow things down, but according to the tracking history it was moving across the country both Saturday and Sunday. Why would it not be delivered on Monday? I will never pay for an expedited shipping option with FedEx again, because they don't seem to care about what the customer has paid for. USPS, on the other hand, routinely surprises me with earlier than expected deliveries. In this situation they would probably have scheduled for Tuesday and then delivered it Monday. All things considered, between customer service and the way they treat employees, FedEx should not be used and hopefully will soon end up in the graveyard of failed, mismanaged companies.

Fedex expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

• Best for: FedEx is best for individuals and businesses that need to ship items fast.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs