1.52/5
Based on 811 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

3133 FedEx Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Had my spouse stay home today to sign for a package. Got an email saying that the package was undeliverable due to nobody being home. Funny thing, I checked my cameras front and rear, no FedEx truck, no delivery guy knocking on any doors, and my wife was there the whole time. Get the song and dance about "tomorrow we'll redeliver" but nobody will be home then. So as a consolation they're dropping my package at Walgreens in my neighborhood tomorrow and I can go pick it up after 6pm, when I was counting on having it tonight. FWIW I never have any problems with UPS and I'll make sure I use them for any delivery needs from here on out.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Got a email saying I wasn’t home when they came?? Funny I'd been home all day, and not even a note on the door. I really needed this package today. Called twice to complain and was assured it would be delivered today. 6 hours later nothing. This is insane. What type of game are FedEx drivers playing. Now, I randomly get a email as I am typing this that they will deliver it tomorrow since they missed me. Total BS. I was home all day. FedEx you're awful!

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Over the last 4 years I have used FedEx because I get free shipping for my business orders and I thought it was saving me money. I never get my packages on time and customer service is absolutely zero help, I can't even understand the broken English they speak. I now pay for my shipping from UPS or USPS and have very few problems. I wasn’t saving money by losing customers, shame on you FedEx.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Missed their stated expected delivery by 3 days so far. Their tracking status keep showing 'In Transit' hopping from city to city with no arrival or departure scans. I understand once in a while this happening due inclement weather but there is no such in the route. This is 3rd such experience with FedEx in last 2 years.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

FedEx was once an excellent company providing excellent service. In my business experience in a huge metropolitan area it always was. Unfortunately, my current home experience with FedEx has been absolutely dreadful. I don’t know if this has to do with the fact that I now reside in the boondocks and no longer in a huge metropolitan area. Below are two situations that have occurred far more than once. I often have to be present for certain deliveries as they require an adult signature. So I come home at the time I am informed the deliveries will be made: between 12:05pm and 8pm. I arrive at my home at 11:00am only to find that delivery has been made to some other individual more than two hours before 12:05pm, and signed for by this other person.

So, I request that packages ONLY be delivered to ME. Yet they frequently are delivered to whatever person the FedEx idiot lays eyes on - if that much. So, MY packages with MY name are delivered to anybody who happens to be around. The FedEx idiot does not obtain the name of the receiving and signing person, so they enter MY name over someone else’s signature. I DID NOT SIGN FOR OR RECEIVE THE PACKAGE. The person who was given the package never turns it over to me.

When I file a complaint I am rudely informed that I signed for it and hence have nothing to complain about. I lost my time, and I lost my package. Something else that occurs is that if it is raining, or the FedEx idiot does not see a vehicle in front of the home, THEY DO NOT EVEN KNOCK - they fill out the sticky note indicating that there was nobody available to sign for and accept delivery of the package, stick the note on the door, and leave.

I have actually witnessed this while I was at home waiting for a delivery I was instructed to be at home for - I saw the FedEx truck pull up, driver get out and place sticky note on my door. HE DID NOT KNOCK, or ring the doorbell. I opened my front door, called out, FedEx idiot runs by right in front of me while I am hollering at him, he jumps into truck, and leaves. With my package. Once again, I do not have my package. For all this I take time off work to be at home to sign for and receive my delivery. For all my efforts to follow FedEx’s instructions, my packages either get delivered to someone else, or no attempt is made to deliver. And I PAY LOTS OF MONEY for this nonsense.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I had shipment which scheduled to be delivered on 13th Aug, but the same was not received. Since 14th Aug, every day I have been calling their customer care but the executives promise that it will be delivered today before 1st half but even till 18th of Aug I have not received my courier. Even their website shows that the parcel is in transit since 11th Aug and will be delivered on 13th Aug. But after 13th their website is not even updated showing whether the package will be delivered later or whatsoever. I have written 2 complaints on their website but still haven't received any reply from their side. I really had troublesome experience dealing with them. I will never recommended FedEx to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

After opening two cases and promised a call back from the Seekonk, MA FedEx manager I received an email that I will receive a letter In the mail. You should be embarrassed how your reps handle customers.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

My daughter ordered an item @ it was supposed to have arrived yesterday by FedEx. It did not arrive even though FedEx said it was delivered. We checked with the neighbors. None received it. FedEx said they would have driver go back today to the place he delivered it. He did not come here today.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Too many times my package was delivered to the wrong address where the address label was correct. I now have a package on my porch, which doesn't belong to me, for 3 days now. I also got a notice that my package was delivered but I never got it. It obviously went to the wrong house. I called FedEx 3 times about this & still nothing was done. They actually suggested I go to all my neighbors to see if they have my package. This is not my responsibility. Then I was told to resolve it with the company I ordered from. How are they involved? They did nothing wrong. FedEx should be the ones researching that. I haven't written a review in the past when this happened but I've had it.

When I called today for the 3rd time I was told it will be picked up tomorrow. We'll see, but that will be 4 days after delivery. Imagine if someone really needed this package! The drivers have no consequences when this happens so there is no improvement. I'd also like to mention that the box delivered to my house was wrecked & filthy. What do they do with these boxes to get in such bad shape? Step it up FedEx & give your drivers an in-service on how to double check the address before dropping in off.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I arranged for a pre 10.30 delivery from an alarm manufacturer for an important customer I really didn't want to let down. At 10.50 I phoned my supplier to see where the delivery was and after they contacted FedEx the driver stated that he didn't realize this was on a pre 10.30 delivery so he would turn back (he was 15 miles away) so that we could get the goods. At 12.50 I phoned him up and asked where he was, only to be told that he had been stuck in traffic for at least half an hour, and it would be at least another hour before he could deliver to me. I asked if he was 'working' his way to me instead of what he promised - to come to me straight away, - "NO, NO, not at all." was the reply.

He didn't realize that my father in law was living in the town where he was, and was following him making deliveries!! So much for coming straight over! There is a saying about people like this - "totally void of all moral worth." All this has happened 17/8/18. I would suggest that all people who use FedEx - save the money and use another courier instead, or, put the money on the lawn and set fire to it - you'll have more satisfaction from it.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Yesterday I waited all day expecting delivery of a 76 pound portable air conditioner. I was notified by email the delivery had been made to my front door. I called FedEx to tell them the item had not been delivered. Later in the evening I got a call from my landlord that the package was delivered to the second floor deck in the back of the house. There is no access from that deck to my third floor apartment. I called FedEx and told them that the item was delivered to the wrong apartment and that now someone needed to bring it back downstairs and then up three flights to my apartment. I made several calls about this between yesterday and today. While the agents took my info and stated that someone would get back to me, NO ONE EVER DID!!! I ended up paying $40.00 to two landscapers to bring the item up to my apartment. I will never use FedEx for any deliveries in the future. They totally suck!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

We have ordered several things over the past few years and had to use FedEx. Never, not even once have they actually delivered it to me or even the right house! Even after several calls to customer service and speaking with several supervisors who assured me they put remarks in my account so it would never happen again. We guess they don't read that stuff because my package was left in a truck outside in the pouring rain, while I was home!!! Never will I use them again!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I would never ever deal with FedEx again. One of my biggest mistakes when purchasing online was not to check which company provides delivery service. Then came one of my worst nightmare ever journey with FedEx. Waiting the whole day for the package... Later check to know "Customer not available"??!! The next day, no doorbell, no shout out, only one note left "First attempt" not successful??!! DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON THINGS NOT WORTH.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I hate FedEx. Always problems. Fake delivery, fraudulent delivery tickets ("Oh, I was here and you were not"), no detailed tracking, no delivery window times, etc. etc. Explain to me why in 2018 I should sit home for an entire day waiting for a package? Can they not put live tracking on their trucks? Oh, I guess they would get caught in lies. Like the multiple times they've said they tried to gain access to my building but could not. IDEA >> TRY RINGING THE DOORBELL. Terrible company with terrible service. I actually prefer USPS and that is saying a LOT.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I paid expedited next day service for a package that would otherwise take 3-5 business days to receive. Now, I wanted to make absolutely sure I didn't miss the driver so I sat looking out the front window the entire morning. After going online to track the package I found out that it was documented the driver showed up around 10:58a but when I called it was around 11:20. And guess what? The package had already been returned to the depot? What? I called customer service and now the fiasco begins. First, they tell me the driver documented that they left a tag on the door. The lady on the phone is asking me as I'm standing outside in front of my door "Sir... are you sure you don't see a tag?" What... NO! There's nothing here. She calls me back a few hours later to tell me the package again has been returned to the depot and schedule for delivery tomorrow. Then they told me the driver was sick and had left early for the day.

So, what does that have to do with my package not being delivered? What... if he gets sick then everyone on his route is **! I demanded a refund and guess what... they give me yet another 1-800 number to call? Unbelievable! You're the one who didn't deliver the service you promised yet I have to jump through more hoops and ** to get back what I paid for but didn't get in the first place. Totally unprofessional. I will never ever use nor recommend this company for delivery services again. A horrible experience. I can only imagine how many people they ** over on any given day and pocket the money but fall short delivering the services they promised. FedEx sucks! Brown and USPS gets my business going forward.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

My shipment has been lost and I have tried to file a claim online only I would have to create an account which I do not want to do. I was on my second call for 15 minutes, was transferred 3 times only to get an answering machine. The customer service is REALLY lacking here. No person contacted me about my missing package, I finally called them. They said they wouldn't call me until the scheduled delivery date. I would expect FedEx would take into consideration people arrange their schedules to be gone for a shipment and now we are out work days when they could have notified us sooner. This has really put us in a bind and no one seems to want to help.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I bought online stuffs from a really good service site (I would say best service ever), however send it via FedEx. My package tracking said it should be delivered 3 days ago but nope. Nothing happened. Contacted FedEx and the worker sounds really lazy, she said they needed invoice so I'm just like, "Okay what does that have to do with me because I already gave everything about my information." She said I needed to contact with online seller. Like what the **, FedEx should contact them and not me! She even lied and saying that because ''I'' don't have invoice, the package could not get in the country, like you think I'm a fool?! It's already been in the country and in the same city for 3 days.

I wish FedEx company closed down. Why? 1. You shouldn't lie to the customers. 2. All the workers sounds like an **. I apologize for you saying bad words but I'm not apologizing for hating on FedEx because I spent so much money to get the outfit for festival while getting nothing on time and FedEx just chilling at their office eating their **.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

My package never arrived even when I took a day off from work. My app says one thing, the customer service says another. I requested a pickup, the app shows a hold for me to pickup at the location I requested, then the app says it is returned to the shipper. I called the customer service of FedEx and had a never to tell me that all requests are NOT guaranteed. So why you offer requests for pickups? I will never get the package from the shipper. It is just a hassle to deal with FEDEX. What is the CEO doing about all of this complaints? The FedEx website has fake news on their website about being so diligent with their service. Oh please. I can't wait till they close down like the Toys-R-Us. POOR SERVICE. DON'T USE FEDEX, USE UPS OR USPS INSTEAD!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I would give this a zero stars if I could. FedEx CONTINUOUSLY leaves packages at the front of my gate instead of walking them up to the door. The gate is NOT locked. There are package thieves that browse the area just looking to steal. I have called to report this issue several times and every time I do, the driver leaves the package in my neighbor's yard, down the street instead of mine. Disgruntled employees need to be fired. Find a job you enjoy more if you cannot do yours effectively!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

A FedEx package was scheduled to be delivered to me today. Then suddenly it says A delivery attempt was made but the business was closed. 1. I am not a business. 2. My driveway is alarmed and photo taken when alarm goes off. No one ever pulled into my driveway to even try to deliver to me. I called FedEx support and they are very unhelpful, I told them their employee is a liar and should be written up for lying. They acted like this was a normal occurrence there.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

FedEx doesn't appear to have cracked the home delivery market. It's still much better at delivering to an office, where human contact is found. I stayed home all day for a wine.com delivery and nobody showed up. This allows the driver to claim they have made an attempt, but nobody but the driver knows if that's true. On my delivery day, nobody buzzed my apartment number, nor phoned me, nor left notification that they had made an attempt. Even the updates on the site simply say, Loaded onto truck for delivery in the morning. This provides an easy method for drivers to cheat the system because FedEx doesn't make contact for attempted delivery, like a phone call or attempted delivery notification. The bad news for wine.com is I no longer make regular orders to them unless they plan on changing shippers.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

This is the second time FedEx has done this to me, I got an notification stating my package was delivered @ 12:01 pm. Mind you my daughters were home and mom was there as well. Called and ask. Did anything to check outside. My daughters looked and nothing was outside, I asked did anyone ring the doorbell, they said no one rang the bell. I get off work. Call FedEx. Worst customer service. No one had empathy. Advised they'll have to speak with the driver.

Called today @ 12:30 pm. Spoke with the rep asking why I haven't gotten a call. Per the notes they're still waiting for the driver to respond and will get to me this afternoon. Keep in mind this has happen to me before I ordered something for a family reunion. It says the package was delivered. It was delivered to a house that almost has the same address. I live on 13th ave and 68th ter and they live on 13th ave and 68th St. Of course the first thing I did is drove to the home, ask the people who lives there did they receive a package. Of course they said no. They did not. So I'm livid with the driver and the customer service.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I recently shipped the package via FedEx from Las Vegas that required a signature. It was due to be delivered on Saturday, 11 August. The FedEx man rang the doorbell and left saying no one was home. The door was open and you could see that someone was home. My husband had literally just stepped into the bathroom. The FedEx driver was gone before he could get to the door and now we have to wait until Tuesday to get our package. When I called the number on the sheet I was told I couldn’t even pick up my package. This is unsatisfactory!

Updated on 08/14/2018: My package was supposed to be delivered on Saturday and required a signature, they left a note saying no one was home even though my husband was. This morning I got a notice saying it was delivered but it was not delivered to me. My husband called FedEx within 30 minutes of the notice and they said they would track down the driver and get the package back. It is now seven hours later and I just got off the phone with FedEx again. The driver delivered two packages today but is out of the area until tomorrow and he will try to get it back then.

If I do not get it by 16 August I must initiate a lost package claim through FedEx. This package was valued have $1000 and required a signature from my home but someone else who is given my package. It contained clothes and gifts that I purchased in Las Vegas, are they also going to pay for me to fly out to Vegas and buy these things again - I think not!!! The lady I spoke to on the phone said, "Let’s hope for the best, and thank you for using FedEx." The gall of this person, I will never use FedEx again!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

My company uses FedEx to send documents and packages. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve called a customer because the FedEx website claimed that their package was delivered, only to hear “I’ve been home all day and haven’t seen a FedEx truck.” Or, the FedEx website will have the status “Undeliverable - returned to shipper” so I’ll call the customer to let them know and they’ll say, “What are you talking about? I got it hours ago.”

On a personal note, I’m writing this while I’m waiting for someone at Customer Service to answer the phone (42 minutes and counting) because my package was supposed to be delivered today, but it’s been sitting at one of their distribution centers for 24 hours and hasn’t moved. Do you remember the scene in Cast Away where Tom Hanks was washed up on the shore surrounded by undelivered FedEx boxes? I think that scene perfectly sums up this business.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

We left our gate open today to receive a package that needed to be signed for from FedEx Ground. My husband was working in our yard all day. The gate was opened since early morning. And when I tracked the shipment, they claimed no one was home and they would deliver on Tuesday. The guy I called at FedEx asked if a message was left. I told him if there was it was left at the gate. There was a note attached to a delivery box at the gate. {We do not live in the box.} He made no attempt to drive down to our house. We both were home all day.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Ordered a PC for my daughter. She is turning 13, you all know that age. It's a pretty big deal in most homes. FedEx was supposed to deliver it on Friday, the day before her family get together/celebration. Needed a signature. So I took the day off. I watched 2 FedEx vans drive through my neighborhood, l and then a lady in a large box truck. (Talk about inefficiencies and waste...)

As the big truck left I checked my status for delivery, irritated because we all gate to wait haha, and it said "unable to deliver." Right as she left... I immediately called and was given sorry after sorry.... was told "Saturday delivery, miss work and the bday party to sign." So here it is Saturday. I waited from 7 a.m. because I didn't know their start time, until 2 p.m. when I seen the box truck pull in, same lady from the day before, gets out. She walks to the door across the street, bangs once, immediately walks away and jumps in her truck and rolls out faster than I could go out the door.

I check my updates online. Wont attempt delivery again until Tuesday. 3 days of missed work. Maybe 4 if I stay home Monday out of fear they may try to deliver them. I call. Im told sorry. Im told "let me see what I can do." They come back on to tell me they have no way of doing anything, basically... so basically I should just ** off and maybe they will come back today and if not then Monday and if not then Tuesday or January 3rd, 2057... What the ** kind of ** is that? In what ** world does any of this make sense? Are you people tired of money and looking for bankruptcy as a financial aid for your company or are you all morons? Huge gaps in service. Complete ** disgrace.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I paid FedEx to ship my transmission. This is the biggest regret and nightmare I’ve ever had in life. Not only was it not picked up on scheduled date but it was delivered days after the scheduled drop off. Upon delivery they completely destroyed my transmission. Customer claims department then refuses to pay for it or even take responsibility!!! The problem didn’t stop there. One customer service manager by the name of NICHOL began to slander my character. "You are just like the rest of the unsatisfied customers that try to scam us now to paying for your broken item." NICHOL customer service manager at the Bristol office. Reason for not approving and owning their mistake were: 1. no claim value; 2. package was never securely protected.

So doing my own leg work I received a security video of the auto yard I bought transmission from showing my package on a pallet with plastic wrap. I never received my pallet or the plastic with my transmission. They then began to increase the lies even with video confirmation!!! Reason 2. No claimed value... Well my receipt from my local FedEx office clearly state I claimed the value. Still I was denied my refund. After weeks of fighting and calling everyday I finally got approved to find out 3 weeks more waiting for my money was still not approved by a manager!!

As it stands today my car has been sitting at a shop collecting storage fees as the mechanic had taken my car apart in expectation of a fully functioning transmission to be delivered the day of dismantling my car. So $25 dollars a day for 30 days now is 750$ (And still adding up) that I should not have to pay due to FEDEX negligence in shipping and caring for my package. By the time they finish I’ll have more debt than my car is actually worth by KBB standards.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I know delivering boxes of dog food can be heavy but it’s part of the job, right? You don’t need to destroy the box by throwing it on the ground, I saw you do it. Now we can’t reuse the box. Be part of the solution, not the problem.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We have used FedEx multiple times and have had horrible experiences with them. We live in a condo in Kansas City. The Condo is located near an apartment building. They consistently deliver to the apartment building (a completely different address) and then leave, leaving the package as undeliverable. Today, they stopped in front of our condo, remained in the truck, and then posted the package as undeliverable. They said there was no one available to receive the package. We were standing in front of the door looking at them!!! When we called the helpline, they said... "Sorry. Maybe tomorrow or the next." Really??? We have now learned to use UPS or USPS. What does it matter if it take an extra day or two... at least we get it.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I work for the post office. Most people don't know that both UPS and FedEx use the postal service to not only initiate shipments, but to deliver many of their packages. I had to return a camera that didn't work. I used the printed shipping label provided by the maker of the camera and dropped it off at the post office where I work. It took FedEx four days to pick the package up from the post office. It then took another four days for the package to arrive in Houston, less than 200 miles from the origin. Now, three weeks later, there is still no further scans indicating the package has gone anywhere.

On to customer service: FedEx makes you jump through some hoops just to access their online "chat" with a customer service rep. And then you find out you're in the queue at number 34. Seriously? I have to wait through 34 other unhappy people before I can find out that you do not, in fact, have any clue where my package has gone? It isn't like I actually need the camera, right? The next time I have to ship something I will not be using FedEx. Ever.

Updated on 08/09/2018: After finally getting to "chat" with a FedEx customer rep I was told that since "too much time" has elapsed they cannot track the package. They took the package, scanned it into their system, lost it somewhere, and conveniently deleted the tracking information. Now I have to contact the manufacturer, who foolishly utilized FedEx for their package returns, and get them to initiate a claim.

At this point I will now have to purchase another camera at my expense if I expect to ever get to use it for the intended purpose. Waiting another six months or so for FedEx to issue any claim money isn't an option. Using any other available shipping service, including the guy down the street with his donkey, rather than FedEx is certainly an option I will take. What a ridiculously inept company.

Fedex expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

• Best for: FedEx is best for individuals and businesses that need to ship items fast.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Memphis
TN
www.fedex.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business