2. Moving

FedEx
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5
Based on 2,327 ratings submitted in the last year

FedEx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FedEx?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: March 15, 2021

The gentleman was so nice, all other delivery services from Australian Post are lazy and unreliable. In the pandemic they always force me out to take the goods even when I was sick. And as soon as they saw my face they would take off and drop the goods brutally right on the front door whilst my apartment is 5 meters walking in. So today when I heard he said Fed Ex delivery I expect him to be the same level of rudeness, and seeing a big box I know it was the order of iMac 27 inches from Apple. I was thinking to myself that’s it, I have to drag it in now. But he was so friendly and kind and brought all the way to inside of my house. People like this deserves a raise and recognition. Thank you, FedEx and the gentleman that was very helpful! 5 stars services!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I had a delivery on Sunday. Our driveway was snow covered and slippery. The driver called from his truck and said he didn't want to try the driveway but would walk the package up and leave it under our carport if that was ok. That was fine with me. I appreciated that he called and then took additional steps to deliver. UPS would never have done that. They won't even drive up in good weather. They leave packages along the road where it could be stolen. I just wanted to praise the driver and FedEx. I wish I knew his name. I have the phone number that he called from. It is **.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I have always used FedEx and all its shipping and will continue to use them as they are by far the best in the world. I love the delivery staff also due to the most professional delivery services I have ever used and experienced.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I am medically exempt from wearing a mask and carry a letter to prove it. One of your employees, knowing this told me if I came in without a mask again he would throw me out. This was done with 4 other witnesses. It was embarrassing, no one made eye contact with me after this and even after showing him my doctors letter excluding me, he didn't apologize and went on to defend his aggression. I felt threatened, humiliated for having a medical condition I can't control and I'm still shaking writing this and it's been an hour since I left. This individual needs to be "trained" or fired.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Gained a change in venue rather unexpectedly late in the '19 stanza and frankly a little gun shy with what I might be in for at the new zip code in terms of package receipt and general services. Disabled, single seventy year old guy blah blah so any co. that makes it just a little bit easier for me is a welcome plus. Located in SWFL, I'm frankly in awe of how these guys even fulfill their duties with ground temps in excess of 100 degrees most of the year too. My FedeX guy is so fast between the knock on the door and my getting to it that he's back in his truck like Santa on his sleigh... Caught up with him err almost on Labor Day W/E with a Sunday delivery no less. Told him how much I appreciated him from the walkway and he returned the greeting in kind. Best customer service I have seen or heard in a good long while...

Original review: April 12, 2021

Paid for insurance on 2-day shipping. 5 days after pickup package still in the pickup town. Made 3 calls over 3 days with new delivery address. Delivered to wrong address, denied insurance, no recourse.

Original review: April 8, 2021

The worst and most incompetent shipping service I ever have experienced was with 2Go, the retail shipping partner of Federal Express in the Philippines. The conclusion must be that Federal Express service to the Philippines and within the Philippines must be considered unreliable. A document requiring urgent delivery to Manila was sent from a Federal Express outlet in Cebu, the Philippines, on March 31. The waybill shows that it was designated for AIR shipment. Instead, 2Go sat on it for a week and then put it on a boat to Manila on April 6. It is now late at night on April 8 and the package still has not arrived at its destination.

This was a crucial document, and the failure of FedEx/2Go will cost me over one thousand dollars, distress, disrupted sleep, and anxiety over the domino effect triggered by this abject negligence. One failure does not make a case, but I will not trust FedEx to, from or within the Philippines until it finds a partnership that can provide satisfactory service. I note that 2Go fashions its expertise as “supply chain.” I am reminded of the saying, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link – and to my regret, I found it.

Original review: April 3, 2021

There needs to be a zero star option. FedEx isn't worthy of any stars at all. I ordered patio furniture on March 24, the vendor shipped it on March 25, and FedEx was to deliver on April 1 in plenty of time for Easter. FedEx has changed the delivery date 3 times now. Today they say they 'attempted' to deliver it which is absolutely untrue. They reported that they could not deliver because the business was closed which again is untrue. We have a 24/7 security guard who has not had any deliveries yet today. And of course you can't email or chat with them directly.

If you track down their customer service number and call you end up dumped into an automated system. If you are persistent and insist on talking to a human you have to first sit on hold. I waited more than 12 minutes before a representative was finally on the phone. They try to blame their issues on Covid but Amazon and UPS consistently deliver on time while FedEx can't deliver on time even half the time. Unreliable and late delivery is a true pattern with FedEx. How are they still in business??? I am no longer shopping with businesses who ship via FedEx.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Shipped an overnight to U.S. from Wainwright AB March 25, 2021. Paid $238.00. It now Tuesday March 30, 2021 and the package still has not left Edmonton. Tracking reveals package received in Edmonton, Friday, March 26th at 12:43 p.m. I have been told:

1. FedEx does not work weekends - Jess.
      2. Package is in Memphis.
      3. Package is in Memphis and being delayed by weather - no bad weather. Will arrive in Phoenix Monday, March 29th.
      4. Cannot find Tracking Number - it does not exist.
      5. Package was not received in Edmonton until Monday, March 29th.
      6. Package will be sent out from Edmonton Tuesday, March 30th.
      7. Was told MaryLou P. tried to reach out to me but I never answered my phone. Phone does not show this ever happened.
      8. Told FEDEX will reach out to me inside of 3 hours. That was 6 hours ago.

7. Package will be sent out Wednesday, March 31st OR Thursday April 1st.

Original review: March 29, 2021

My mum send me a parcel last Monday. It is 7 days since my parcel is in :transit: - with DPD it was only 3-4 days! My parcel now is stuck in depo as they have no clue how to deal with new restrictions (Brexit) - Fedex has no idea what they need to do and how everything should be done. They asked me for translation of the invoice and price of the items. As this is a Easter gift from my family. I send email back explaining what is in the parcel and give them a total value of the parcel before 3.30 on Sunday like they asked. From that time no update.. As I have some food there everything will be ruined and not suitable to eat.. The worst experience ever. Also telephone line is bad.. and you can hardly understand people working there.. No interest and support for customers! Not recommended at all!

Fedex author review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s official opening in 1973, FedEx has been focused on delivering products for consumers and businesses efficiently and quickly, utilizing air transport for express shipping. It has evolved since then to include international shipping, ground shipping, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office, which is a physical location where consumers and businesses can pack, ship, print, copy and perform other important tasks.

• Fast shipping: The whole point of FedEx is to get packages to their destination fast. Choose between ground or air shipping, depending on where your package needs to go and when it needs to get there.

• FedEx Freight: FedEx Freight is for businesses that need to ship heavier and larger cargo and freight. Generate your bill of lading and set up your shipping preferences online for maximum convenience.

• Air/ocean freight forwarding: Businesses who need to ship freight overseas can easily utilize FedEx’s Air/ocean freight forwarding service. Download all the forms you need, including customs forms, from the website, then pass them on to your carrier.

• Temperature control: Businesses that are shipping freight with temperature sensitivities can utilize FedEx’s temperature control options. Temp-assure ground and air keep  your cargo cool by placing it in a temperature controlled container.

• FedEx Delivery Manager: Take control of when your shipments arrive by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This free service allows residents to customize their delivery time, choose to have their package left at a FedEx delivery location instead of at their home, receive delivery notification or request a vacation hold.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team