1.68/5
Based on 941 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

3067 FedEx Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 5, 2018

I ordered an expensive purse from Sak's a month ago and it was never delivered even though FedEx indicated online they had delivered and left at front door - they absolutely did not! I work from home and I also have a doorbell camera not to mention I live on a small street with no outlet. I filed a claim with Sak's and told them FedEx was never on my street that day as my office window is next to front door and too, the time they said purse was delivered, I was in front yard at that time which was around 6:30pm. I received a refund from Saks but really wanted the purse so I thought I would order once again and this time I requested a signature delivery that way there wouldn't be any complications, right? Wrong!

My package was delivered at 9:33 am on the day they said it would be delivered, today July 5th. I did not sign for it nor did anyone ring doorbell. I found the package on front porch around 12:30 pm when I went to get mail. The packaging was also terrible and it made me wonder if this was the original package that was never delivered a month ago. When I cut open the top of the box, there was my receipt which should have been inside box - this is strange. Purse is in good condition but I went online to see what FedEx had to say about delivering my purse without my signature and it showed the delivery was signed by homeowner - what a lie!

I never signed for anything - if I had why would package be outside for an additional three hours! I honestly believe the delivery person is the same one that lied about delivering my purse a month ago and did not want me to see the guilty look on their face. I called FedEx and got nowhere - I believe the person I was speaking with was in India. It says online they have signature on file - if this person signed my name wouldn't that be forgery? This use to be a good company but it has hired all the wrong people. All other deliveries I receive are from UPS and I never have any problems with them.

Original review: July 5, 2018

If you want your packages dumped on the side of the road instead of at your house so that people can steal them then FedEx is the right choice for you. Not just once or twice but 3 times in a row. Calling them is a waste of time as they will claim no knowledge of anything. I now ask every merchant what shipper they use and if it is FedEx and they for any reason cannot use another company I will cancel the order and find another merchant that can use UPS or USPS. (How sad is it that the USPS outperforms your company?)

The ones that have had to replace the stolen goods have told me that this is becoming more and more common with FedEx. Take my advice and demand another shipper or not as you please, some people enjoy substandard performance I have no time for it. Even the replacement orders were done the same way which shows it has become standard practice and FedEx does not care to act differently. They cannot deny the photos.

Original review: July 5, 2018

We placed an order for two bathroom sink faucets from Lowe's. We followed the tracking on it closely since we arranged for a plumber to do the install for them. When it said that it was out for delivery, I listened all morning and afternoon, but the doorbell never rang. Imagine our surprise to see that according to the tracking, it had been DELIVERED, yet there was no package anywhere! In calling FedEx, I was shocked to find out that they were unwilling to contact the driver to find out where he actually took our package and go back and get it.

I have filed an investigation with FedEx, but it will be another few days for the results. If they had acted on this when I called (which was still during business hours), they could have contacted the driver immediately and had him locate where he took the package, since he could easily tell where he went before and after he said he was here-- the time was noted in the tracking. I would highly recommend not ever using FedEx, but instead use UPS or USPS. There is far more accountability with your packages at those two other places.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I placed an order. The FedEx site said it was delivered. Perhaps, but not to me. Somehow, their system shows my old address that was changed by the post office. It's still where I live but no package. After calling them, they would not tell me where it was delivered but after repeated calls, I was able to figure out that they were using my old address even though the shipper had my current address. Chewy, the shipper sent another order to be delivered. Meanwhile, I changed the FedEx address to current one. They still could not find it and apparently they don't know about the invention of cell phones. It is supposed to be delivered tomorrow but what if they can't find it again? People apologized all over the place but NOTHING was done to make amends or offer anything for my inconvenience. I'll choose USPS and UPS from now on. FEDEX is lousy.

Original review: July 4, 2018

A critical package was supposed to deliver yesterday by 10:30. Other pieces in the shipment got to the recipient. I was told by FedEx that when planes are filled not everything gets on! That same rep said she would do a trace and have someone call me. Nobody called.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: July 3, 2018

Sent a package to a city in Philippines and they said it will be there by the next Friday but past Friday still not there. Then Monday, Tuesday comes they also end up dropping it to a different city. Called them twice. All I hear is sorry which I don't need. Very incompetent! I called 'cause I need assistance but they make me more confuse. First agent said my package is already in the right city and transfer me to a diff. agent and he said my package is still in the wrong city!! I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH THIS KIND OF SERVICE. I WASTED MY MONEY AND TIME FOR THEM!

Original review: July 3, 2018

I ordered something online and paid 25 extra dollars to get it 2 days later. It even said on the website it would get there on time, two days later and they sent a text saying the package was delayed and instead would arrive 4 days from when I ordered it. Naturally I called to get some sort of refund for my 25 dollars since I paid for 2 day shipping and to ask what went wrong. They said it missed the plane and they refused to give a refund. Extremely disappointed in this experience. This kind of thing happens all the time with FedEx. They never get here on time and always make excuses. I’m almost to the point where I will refuse to buy anything that will be shipped by FedEx. I am fed up!

Original review: July 3, 2018

Like most couples my wife and I both work. So no one is home to sign for packages. My wife ordered a couple of packages and FedEx left tag on door and called & left voice message. So we took the slip to FedEx to pickup up package, and was told since no one was home they contacted the vendor. The vendor told them to destroy the package. Their voice mail said that they would wait 5 days and contact vendor. They also said that the vendor told them to destroy the packages. Then to top it off, apparently while we were gone they called again about picking up our packages. So I will try and request all future orders do not use FedEx.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Booked a pickup once and never showed up. My brokerage sent my application package to the council and FedEx lost it. And they don’t even try looking for it. Never gonna use it in my lifetime. Their customer service is horrible too.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I paid $146 to ship a package. Estimated delivery time was 4 days later. I checked the FedEx website on Thursday evening and they sent the package back to its original location. When I called they said "sorry, but we are in this together"?!? Like this is affecting them. New delivery date was set at 7 days later after the original delivery date!!! Now I get a notification it will be another day!!! Horrible!!! I will, from now on, use UPS or USPS. I WILL NOT USE FEDEX AGAIN!

Original review: July 1, 2018

Package was to be delivered on 6/30/18, at 9:30 am get a message that the package could not be delivered because Business was closed. That is a blatant lie because I open the business at 7:30 AM in the morning. They never even tried. I had this package delivered to my work as I knew it would need to be signed for. The town I work in only has 5 business on Main Street and I’m the only one open on Saturday. From now on I will pay more for a product from a company that uses UPS, I will never order from a company that uses FedEx as their shipper. Customer service was going to get back to within an hour. That was yesterday at 10:30. It has now been 24 hours and I haven’t heard anything. But I’m not surprised with the way they lie!

Original review: June 30, 2018

I had no choice but to accept ground delivery. Package has been sitting for two days in processing center two miles from my home. Tracking shows on truck out for delivery today (6/30). 3PM 6/30 receive email delivery delayed until 7/3. WTF? That will be six days the package sits in the local processing center. Words cannot describe the incompetency of the women and men running this pathetic company and the people they hire to work there.

Original review: June 30, 2018

My package from New York City was scheduled to be delivered to Boston by FedEx overnight on Friday June 29, 2018 by 10:30 AM (it is just one hour of flight between NYC and Boston). It did not arrive on Friday. It ended up in Memphis TN instead, their hub. Contacted customer support twice. None of them was able to provide me with the new delivery date/time. I subscribed for text and email updates. No tracking updates were received, even though the package was slowly moving to Londonderry NH. Finally received a status update message after contacting customer support for the third time. Poor service. Two wasted days of waiting... and still waiting... by 10:30 AM again. Will see.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I wrote the following to Fred Smith, founder and CEO. The company you created has gone to hell. It now embraces a culture of liars. Three times in the month of June, your tracking system reported that packages were delivered to me. Three times the packages were not delivered. Three times I had to contact your company. Two times, the supposedly delivered packages were delivered 4 days later. I am waiting for the alleged delivery of June 26 to get delivered. The delivery address on all packages is **. You can look up my address in your system and get the 3 tracking numbers. Correct? Once you investigate and get lied to from the people within your company, I request that the people - the driver or administration person who is now involved in deliveries to my home be removed from my deliveries. These people are not trustworthy and they lie. You should of course fire them, but that is your business.

Years ago when I was a student at the Harvard Business school, you were a hero. I recall the great case about a great company with a great leader. I am sorry that people have taken your company to **. Clearly, it is not the people who actually do the work at fault, it is the people receiving inflated salaries and stock options who do not do their jobs. By the way, while writing this email, I have been on hold at your call center for about 20 minutes - the call center which is there to help people like me. Clearly, this amount of hold time tells me that you could not give a ** about me. The vendors who employed FedEx to ship to me are receiving a copy of this.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I ordered some health items that my 89 year old blind grandmother needed and were out of locally. She lives on a hill with three houses. The numbers are clearly on her house with delivery instructions below. One of the other houses has no numbers and the third one has different numbers or none also. UPS and USPS have no problem delivering to her. FedEx left note that they had left at front door. Not there. Had to have someone check since she is blind. Called FedEx and was put through the system and was told that the driver had 24-48 hours to respond and then I may need to contact company I ordered from originally. Well my grandmother needed the items so I called the company, Walmart, in the meantime and they sent a replacement package.

I never heard back from FedEx but the first package showed up. Then a few days later I get a delivered notification from FedEx for second package. I don’t know where they delivered it, but not to my grandmother. So again I have to call FedEx to have them track the package down. I have had the same issues getting deliveries from them to my house in a different part of the country. What I don’t understand is if you are a delivery driver aren’t you trained to look for house numbers? I could understand if they weren’t marked, but they are clearly marked. Sounds like a lazy uncaring driver to me.

Original review: June 29, 2018

The drivers for this company (unlike USPS, UPS, UHaul, and contract drivers for both Ikea and Home Depot) seem incapable of finding our address and have twice now delivered our packages to the wrong location. Unlike other drivers they do not bother to call us to verify our address when they are at loss and in one instance they left a package in the middle of a thunderstorm after wrongly delivering it to one of our neighbors. That package and its contents were destroyed by water damage. Our address is readily found using Google Maps and it is clearly printed on the front of the house. Customer service on the other hand has been excellent.

Original review: June 29, 2018

FedEx delivered a very expensive package today. The driver left it in front of a closed garage door. We enter our garage from the access door in the house. When leaving, we open the automatic garage door and back out. I have told them of this problem before when a package was backed over and destroyed. When I contacted them today about this repeat problem, they said that this is company policy. No other delivery company has ever done something this stupid. I never use FedEx for shipping, but I can't stop companies that I buy from to not use them, but if I have a choice, it never use FedEx. Watch out, they don't care.

Original review: June 28, 2018

The whole FedEx company is a Sham. The customer service agent are very bad. I was told I will get my shipment on Thursday 28 June 2018. I track it and up to yesterday at 10.47 pm I was told it will be here on or before 8 pm on the 29th. This morning it say the shipments is pending and when I called I was to that the product was picked yesterday. Pls how can FedEx allow that to happen and this agent said she is a manager with a name Lorena and employment ID **. That is not a manager. She is not even listing. She just talking like robot saying same thing over and over. When a customer called 90% is for the agent on the phone to resolve the issue not to be insulted. FedEx is a sham. Don't believe them. When you track your product, any of their agent can write what they want the sender and receiver to see on the tracking. I hope never to have to deal with the sham company in my life again.

Original review: June 26, 2018

FedEx India is un-dependable. There is absolutely no time conscience. Deliveries are erratic and whimsical. There is a fake FDA in India. Further complicated by archaic corrupt Indian Customs. There are no provisions for dry ice shipments for transporting biological tissues from India. Packages delivered 3 months ago are traced after delivery. FDA has no plans to compete in Indian market.

Original review: June 26, 2018

FedEx customer service can be summed up in two words, "I'm sorry" and with most "customer service" reps you do not even get those two words!!! They LIED about where the package was FOUR times, by FOUR different people. I had to drive THE NEXT DAY over an hour to get my package at the physical FEDEX shipping center! After confirming that the package was there they even lied again and said it was not. Finally, after going through two people they found the package. NO APOLOGY!!!

Original review: June 24, 2018

I paid $105 for a next day delivery on a Monday. The envelope didn't make it to the airport on time. When the receiver did not get it the next day I called FedEx and found out the facts. The package was in Memphis and they promised next day Wednesday. On Wednesday the package was still in Memphis and no reason was given but a promise for the next day. On Thursday the package was in Memphis and I lost my patience at this point. I paid that amount of money because it was time sensitive.

I am sure there were 20 more flights out of Memphis from Tuesday AM-Friday. Why was my package not prioritized the first time when the ** was realized? Why was nobody held accountable and mobilized things? Nobody had an answer. Finally delivered on Friday and I was told I have to wait 5 business day to set a claim and get a refund. Really? I have to wait one more week on top of everything? If it had been my insulin I probably would have died waiting of FedEx. Thank you for nothing. And I better get my money back!

Original review: June 24, 2018

I want give FedEx minus star if I could! I had few boxes shipping with FedEx last week from Saskatoon to Kelowna, at the beginning it said my packages will delivery on Jun 13th, I was waiting for whole day in my home and nothing came. Then I got an update. Said that my boxes have been separated to two shipment, one will arrive on Jun 15th, the others arrive on Jun 18th. That's not a problem to me, I can accept late delivery.

The thing is when I got my packages on 15th, my boxes were totally broken! My monitor is dead, and the driver said my boxes were just like this at the beginning, but it's not! I have picture to proof. He also even didn't help me to move my stuff upstairs, he just left my broken boxes beside the elevator and said "good luck" to me. What a "GREAT" service!!!

I had pretty bad experience on shipping FedEx when I moved from U.S. to Canada last year, they broke my PC last time, all my boxes were in bad shape when I received. I called so many times to complain but nobody even care, they always says the special agent will contact me but I never receive anything until now. This time I was planning to ship my stuff through UPS, but when I was trying to create a shipment on ups.com, it always said cannot create shipment at this time. I was thought maybe I should give FedEx another try. (Which is a stupid idea!) Also at this shipment, I was charged $390, twice!!! I have no freaking idea why! It's not the price I got when I create the shipment, I called customer service and they can't even give me a reasonable excuse!!! Nobody can accept this price on such a terrible service.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I ordered a package from Apple on Thursday (June 21, 2018), and I received a tracking number the following day. I was informed that my package would be delivered by yesterday (June 23, 2018), but it was never received. I tracked the package online and it said the package delivery was pending. I called FedEx a few minutes ago, and was told I just needed to wait on my order. I am upset because if this was an emergency, I wouldn't be able to just "wait". The customer representative offered me nothing for my time and acted as if it wasn't a big deal to him. The office is closed today, but I had no clue I wouldn't receive the package when they told me I would, or I wouldn't have waited until today to call. All in all, piss poor service. Extremely disappointed in FedEx! If it's up to me, I'll only receive shipments from UPS!

Original review: June 23, 2018

FEDEX doesn't deserve any star, if I could give in minus ranking... I'm moving from here to there and there to here to collect my parcel. Package suppose to deliver on 21st at 10.30 am. I was at home and waiting for package which contained my parent’s passports. They didn’t come till 12:00 noon, I called to FedEx office and asked about package. They said one already attempt at 9:48 and no any tag on my door. I requested them, please deliver our package between 2 pm and 3 pm, they said, “Ok no problem. We will deliver between the same time.” But after one hour they called me and said, “We are unable to deliver that package between the time.” I was in a lot of stress because I already booked air ticket for my parents to Canada worth of USD 600. All plan gone in water.

Next day morning they hung two tags on my door, which showing one attempt at 2:28 on 21st and 9:10 on 22nd June 2018. I went out to FEDEX CENTER they said, “Your parents should be with you to collect the package. They confirmed me you can pick your package from Walgreen in Middletown after 11.30 today.” We went out over there and they couldn’t find and told us, it’s still lying in FEDEX Center, simply I didn’t get our passport as of now...it shameful, no recommendation for FedEx to anyone, please use any courier company except FEDEX. Its hurt me and my parents a lot... minus minus 50 ranking as per my experience.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I order a bed at wayfair.com and waited home to receive the delivery entire week since they constantly give fake info saying ‘will be delivered by the end of day’ but they never attempted the delivery and just keep updating with fake info: resulting me wasted entire week. Called them and they gave me a reference number and made me wait for a call from another department. Never received a callback. Terrible service! Can’t believe they are running their business pretty successful.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Ordered a medication for my patient on FedEx express. The packet arrived on 06/19/2018. FedEx made an attempt to deliver out of office hours. Called the IPD division by name Karala on 06/20/2018 and explained our office hours. On 06/20/2018 there was a call from FedEx, Concord that the shipment is routed for 06/20/2018 afternoon route. The patient was scheduled for the 06/21 morning after 10AM. The shipment was not delivered on 06/20/2018.

Called the Concord office and replied a sorry that the shipment did not go on the 06/20 afternoon route and it is on the morning route for today. Made many attempts on 06/21 from 9:30 AM to 1 PM. to track the shipment. Now, FedEx customer service is telling me that there are no person at Pacheco, FedEx office to deliver a "FEDEX EXPRESS OVERNIGHT package". In summary the FedEx system is completely dis-organized. Completely against what the FedEx claim. My patient is very upset as I am re-scheduling for the 4th time. DO not depend on FedEx. I do not even want to give a star to FedEx service.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I purchased a drone from DJI and the company shipped it very quickly... Unfortunately, they did this via FedEx... It needed need 5 days to take my parcel from him. Day 1 - I received an message that they try to deliver the parcel, but "the customer not available or business is closed" which is not true, because in the house had people all day. No phone calls, no notes on the door-nothing. Day 2 - I change the address via FedEx online system to the FedEx pick up store/Walgreens store - N Lamar - Austin, TX. They confirmed the change and again "the customer not available or business is closed" which is impossible because it's a public store...

Day 3 - I started long and difficult conversation with the customer service, which was useless because one of representative was very old woman which speaks incomprehensibly and the second guy had a strong Indian accent, which was a little bit better. They promise me that the parcel will be at the Pflugerville, TX which is the starting point for delivery. Day 4 I went to Pflugerville early in the morning and spend few hours there. The result was a phone number of the contractor who didn't pick-up his phone during the day. Also I understand that the address has no changes/no matter my online changes or the customer support. Finally someone put the new address in the system and on the day 6 I received my parcel. This company must have a big, big changes in their system and much better employee selection.

Original review: June 21, 2018

FedEx Delivery gets me so angry, I had a package that was supposed to be delivered today, I also paid a lot of money to make sure it gets to me expedited and it required a signature so I took a day off from work and waited at home. It infuriates me that the person who delivered the package did not ring or knock for me to hear but however left a notice for me to have to pick it up or wait until another day. They run in quickly and try to get out quickly without you ever being able to get your package! Unprofessional. If I wanted to go somewhere to pick it up I would not have paid to have it delivered! Totally unsatisfied.

Original review: June 21, 2018

FedEx employees or affiliates in contact with my packages SLIT OPEN the tape on my boxes AND STOLE my property during shipment across the US. I spent A LOT of money shipping several boxes. Not only did the staff continually screw up my online, over the phone and in person pick up with my order pretty much EVERY TIME, but they also STOLE from me and refused to acknowledge this crime even happened. All they could do was say: "sorry your boxes got lost."

My boxes were CUT OPEN, STOLEN FROM, taped back up and delivered from My personal location A to my second personal location B EMPTY or nearly EMPTY. How does a delivery person drop off a box that is CLEARLY labeled "30 LBS" and "28 LBS" and the weight is practically nothing at delivery??? My CANCER MEDICATION and other valuable personal items were stolen. I am continually appalled by this company and this THEFT was the LAST STRAW.

I WILL NEVER USE FEDEX AGAIN. This was only the most recent thing that happened to me, after giving this absurd company multiple chances to redeem the quality of their service. Last summer, they lost... LOST a 100 LB Air Conditioner that was Expedited shipping for medical purposes. Also, last fall, they delivered an exercise bike I ordered online TO ANOTHER ADDRESS, when it was CLEARLY marked with my address and needed a signature upon delivery. They left it in an empty office with no one around.

MULTIPLE TIMES, FedEx would send me text or email claiming my packages were delivered, but they were NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. OR -- they would claim "Undeliverable" because no one was home or "business closed" when they were delivering TO MY HOME and when I was sitting by the door waiting for certain products. FEDEX has let me down way too many times.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I send my son a package, to New York City, at least once a month. Within the last year he moved to a new apartment, his apartment is on the 5th floor. Every time I send him a package I get a delivery exception. The first four were because no one buzzed him into the building. Let me tell you why that is a lie; he has an electronic door lock which allows him to open the door, when buzzed, anywhere he has phone service. Not only can he open the door from anywhere he has service, but he can see who is at the door and speak with them. Therefore, the FedEx delivery person was lying, he lied five times.

Today, he didn't deliver because he said there was no apartment number on the door, my son's name is clearly on the entrance to the door, his name was on the box, and I had written, in black marker, the name, address and apartment number on the box. I do this because they lost the shipping label, which isn't a label. It is just a bag which is stuck on the box. When I called to complain, they hung up on me because I pressed them to answer whether or not their drivers could read.

Hiring drivers who are illiterate would be a problem, I never did get an answer. This driver works for FedEx and even though I have complained every, single time, he still drives for the company. I am sick and tired of them and will be switching to another delivery company in the future. Do not ship with FedEx. Their drivers are the laziest bunch of people I have ever come into contact with and it seems management won't do a thing about it. Every delivery to his apartment has failed and every time the driver lied. Why they keep those drivers around is beyond me.

FedEx Company Information