FedEx

FedEx

3.2/5 (2544 ratings)

About FedEx

FedEx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FedEx?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I signed up for updates on my delivery since I had to sign for it and can't see my mailbox from my house. I received an email stating delivery would be delayed for a day. Later went to check my mail and had a paper stating I missed the delivery and they would try again tomorrow. I needed the package today because I planned on being out of town tomorrow. Now I have to change all my plans and so do the people I needed to go see. This isn't the 1st time this has happened. FedEx always drops the ball. Useless. Just plain useless.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I sent something from New York to Michigan and I paid $225 for delivery day before Thanksgiving. My package was delivered the day after Thanksgiving. I called FedEx five times and I got five different answers. I will not recommend it. Don't ever pay cash. They will put you to hell. They are a ripoff and they lie. They don’t stand behind their words. Please use USPS. And they will stand behind the word.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

In the past 2 weeks I've had two deliveries dropped off at the wrong address and pictures were taken with my packages laying in a yard after tracking States it's on a porch. I've contacted customer service twice on this issue and I'm told I have to wait 24 to 48 hours for their drivers to go back and pick up and redeliver my products we pay services for delivery to our homes.

I have seen many reviews of the same thing happening repeatedly with the FedEx company. They claim they are taking care of it but when it takes 24 hours and they have pictures and addresses of where things are dropped off it should not take that long to pick up and where you drop off somebody's merchandise. We the People that order need to demand that company stop using this delivery service. I will make it a point when ordering my products from Amazon, Chewy and anybody else that if they continue to do business with FedEx I will discontinue spending my money at their establishments.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

We had a specific date to have something shipped to sign for cause we’re not home ever. Took off to be there ALL day and it said it was out for delivery to be updated late at night to the next day. No one would answer to figure out the problem. Will never use them again EVER!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

Third time I’ve had a package sent overnight. Third time it’s been delayed by days. This time it sits at the facility thirty five minutes away for the third day after delivery was to be made. No reason. No answer from the company. Nothing. It’s not cheap. I understand it’s a busy time. But you pay a premium price for a premium service and it’s not sufficient nor worth a single penny that is charged. The USPS far surpasses any service offered by FedEx. What. A. Joke.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I never expected fedex to fail like this!!! I ordered a XFINITY IPhone and the expected delivery date failed! Then I called customer service and the supervisor named William was very disrespectful! I will admit that I was aggravated! I took my entire day to get this IPhone for my son’s birthday today! FedEx ruined my son’s surprise! FedEx should be FedX or FedUp! Capital F = failure! What can I do? I can’t even pick up my item because XFINITY have a restriction on it. I’m just done with FedEx!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

They delivered a package they say to my door on November 29th. The package was delivered but it was not delivered at my door. They text me a picture with a package being at my door that is not my door that the package was delivered to and I called them, they were not on up to the package not being delivered at the right address.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I'm highly upset I sat and waited for my delivery to arrive, I get a message stating that my package arrived with a picture. I walk out to check and see and nothing is there. I have called them so many times and they have not resolved the issue. I hope I never get another package from this horrible company. They don't care about the customer. It is evident that the package was delivered to the wrong address or the carrier stole it. This is just so unfortunate to spend money on a product that you haven't received and probably never will.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Omg…I wish there was a class action suit I could file against FEDEX for robbery. They are the absolute worst! Their drivers are boldface liars who never show up. I paid $80 for an overnight package only to be told twice they “attempted delivery.” Lies Lies!! I’ve been waiting all morning. UPS and Amazon miraculously found me but not Fedex? Gmab! Nobody showed up and how is it 2022, and Amazon Drivers can call customers but 100 year-old Fedex can’t? Ridiculous!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

Fedex delivery drivers are absolutely lazy and unreliable. I have had 3 supposed attempted deliveries in 3 days and 1 package I've been waiting on!!! I have it on camera for each of those days that these supposed delivery drivers haven't even gotten out of their vehicles to come into my building to deliver my package. Twice the drivers just sat in their trucks for 30 seconds out front of my building before driving off and the third time the driver "didn't even stop". He just drove by. When I called Fedex after the second "failed" attempt the excuse I got was "there was no buzzer number". Well normally the buzzer number is the same as the unit number!" Well attempt number 3. I phone again and this time they supposedly put in a complaint for me; how much good that'll do I'll never know! So I offer to send my hubby to go pick it up tomorrow "Monday". Well that'll cause an even bigger delay. Why?! I'd sure like to know!!! Will I suggest Fedex to someone or use them again? NO CHANCE! THEY'RE USELESS!!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

Much as per other reviewers it seems every time a package is sent via FedEx to me it has a greater than not chance of being delayed or misdelivered. I frequently get status showing out for delivery only to see status updates around 10pm saying it has returned to the warehouse. In one recent instance the package was marked delivered (with a delivery time and everything). Outdoor and driveway cameras showed no delivery around the supposed delivery time or at all that day. I filed a tracking request and was told I had to go via the shipper, the shipper was in turn told they had to wait (FedEx likes to give everyone the runaround). The next day a FedEx truck shows up mid afternoon and delivers the package. The 'delivered' status from the previous day is replaced with a new one showing the new date/time and with picture this time. In my experience trusting FedEx is a mistake.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

FedEx refuses to deliver to my building because they don't have a code for the door. They will not call me for the code, and when I call the main office to give them a code they said "they can not take a door code over the phone." So thus far I am unable to receive packages from FedEx. They say they will continue to attempt delivery....But it is futile since they don't have a code to the building. Ridiculous!!!!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

Paid for 2-day shipping for an item that was time sensitive. Guaranteed delivery by 8 PM. Get message at 5:20PM stating that my item has been returned to warehouse and will arrive 2 days from now because I guess the driver decided he was done for the day. Website will not allow me to file a claim and the customer support hotline has no one answering. This company does not care about its customers.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I had a package that was “attempted” to be delivered. There was no attempt. They are the only company I’ve ever had an issue with. Attempted to call, got through once and was hung up on. I despise them.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Was told a package would be delivered on a Monday, was delivered on a Wednesday. Wasted two days I had to wait before I could sign for it. Their customer service is awful. Website gives me information. Don't use Fedex.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

I ordered a bookshelf to be delivered to my apartment. The original delivery date was scheduled for the Monday of the following week, but through tracking I was told it would be delivered Saturday, to my delight. Come Saturday, I opened the tracking app to find that it was last located at a warehouse not far from me-- but for some reason was not being shipped until the original Monday date. Odd, but I figured I would pick it up myself and called customer service to arrange a hold.

What followed was the most infuriating four days of my life with four incompetent customer service members. The first representative on Saturday explained that my package was still scheduled to be delivered that day. I told them that the tracking information stated otherwise, and I'd like the package to be held at the warehouse for me to pick up myself, as I did not want to wait the two days. They *told me* that they filed the request and that I would receive a notification in the following few hours when I was able to pick up the package. This never arrived, and it was still up in the air if it would actually be held for me.

On Sunday, I called again, and explained my situation. Once more I was told that after supplying my information to a separate service member, I would be getting a call as to the status of my package and where it was I could pick it up from. I told them at this point, if it was being delivered Monday it might as well happen. Yet AGAIN I did not receive any kind of acknowledgment that this conversation happened or status update as to my package-- and if it was actually being held, or sitting in a trailer somewhere waiting to go out Monday.

Monday morning. I call a THIRD time. I am told that in fact, my package will be shipped today! I ask her for a WRITTEN receipt of this confirmation in some way, as I am a working adult and cannot sit on my hands and wait for this to come to me. What was the time frame of delivery? When? Is it still being held, and is that going to interfere with shipping? Etc. I receive NOTHING, despite her promising that she would physically message me within the next few hours. It does NOT arrive on Monday either.

It is now Tuesday, and the fourth time I have called a service representative. I am beyond frustrated and explain the following events as such to the person on the line-- who tells me that THE PACKAGE IS STILL BEING HELD. And if I 'would have just picked it up yesterday' I'd have it by now. I just about lost it. I was at no point told that my request to hold it was even processed by FedEx, and was given information that at some point it would still come to my house. Despite giving my contact information to FOUR SEPARATE PEOPLE, I never received a call, text, email, or any scrap of solid information actually telling me where this thing was.

His explanation? That since it was on the trailer at the warehouse, and not on someone's desk within arm's reach, they could not send any current notifications about it. Let alone the fact that this tidbit of info was NEVER stated to me by any of the prior three persons-- You can't simply scan the barcode on the package? It's too much trouble to have a single person walk out to the trailer, grab it, and put it within the front pickup station and send me a quick message?

This situation could have been so much simpler. I wanted to make it easier in fact, by picking up the thing myself, which I will now have to do! After receiving the most sub-par customer service from four people who clearly spouted the same 'guideline service 101' information to stop me from complaining without actually trying to assist me, I will neither be using FedEx nor shipping with companies or brands that use FedEx. After seeing similar reviews on here I am not surprised by my experience in the slightest.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Fedex Tracking Number ** missing. It is expected to deliver 8 days back on 14th Nov 2022. This is having very confidential original document, if it is missing it will be huge loss. Fedex Brand is losing now because this kind of carelessness and insincerity, I recommend NOT to use Fedex for shipping and to use any other shipping.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

I brought the package to 50 Park Plaza One Boston where my closest FedEx office is. With the prepaid label I paid 20$ extra for the box and "handling". I asked that very unpleasant guy should I pack it by myself or wait until he does. He said you can go. The package with the new Gucci boots arrived today, the box was empty. What more to say? I had that bad feeling...

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

By far the worst company in the US to deal with. They have screwed up my deliveries on many occasions!!! I never write reviews but everyone needs to know to stay away from FedEx if they possibly can. They are the worst!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

If there is 1 thing FedEx can ever guarantee it’s that they are late on your shipments every time!!! Always delays or pending or errors. When a company ships with FedEx I immediately know they have no concerns for their customers. USPS even comes before fedex and they suck too. Please if you run a business use UPS. FedEx is horrid!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

I just witnessed one of their drivers in Walton, KY speed by another driver, who was in the process of backing into a spot. He clipped the driver's back end without hesitation and kept on going. That is not professional at all. Their driver was going too fast in a parking lot. That is how other drivers are getting hit and killed in these lots. FedEx needs to teach their drivers to slow down and have patience. Product can be replaced. A life cannot.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I purchased a very expensive bottle of liquor that was to be delivered via FedEx. On the day of delivery, I received a text telling me a signature was required and the package would be delivered sometime today. Needless to say, absent any warning on the delivery, I wasn't home when the delivery was attempted. I called the number on the Door Tag and was told electronically, a second delivery attempt would take place tomorrow, sometime before 8:00pm. Since this too was unacceptable, I requested a representative, and after providing the order and door tag numbers, was told that I could go into the FedEx system and set up an appointment. I attempted this and after being provided with a texted code number I entered the code number and was informed the system was unavailable and to try later.

I again called the number on the door tag, went through the electronic minefield, and finally spoke to a representative. The representative transferred me to IT Support and no one picked up the call. Finally, the representative came back and informed me I could not set up a delivery appointment because the package required an adult signature. (This information was on the order and the door tag, so it wasn't breaking news.) I explained that setting up an appointment to ensure an adult was available to sign for the package seemed incredibly logical, as opposed to open-ended, no warning, 12 to 15-hour delivery windows. She just apologized and said I could not use the system to set up an appointment.

I then told her to keep the package and that I would contact the vendor and cancel the order since FedEx could not deliver the package when I was home. She then apologized and told me the package would be part of a delivery attempt tomorrow. I told her again to keep the package but to no avail. A horrible system, completely illogical. Terrible company. Too bad there wasn't a no star rating.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I have a live animal currently late for delivery on an overnight package. FedEx has told me there is a delay on a LIVE ANIMAL!!! And that it will now be end of day for a reptile in 50 degree weather. They never have people you can actually understand speaking and they prioritize their packages clearly based on nothing.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

A HORRIBLE COMPANY. DO NOT USE THEM!!! THEIR EMPLOYEES LIE AND ARE UNTRUTHFUL! I had to ship a time sensitive parcel which had a return time limit and 3 times I called the FedEx customer services (which were all in Pakistan and so were not on the ground meaning the country I’m in) all 3 times I was talking about how the ‘Pick up employee’ did not come to pick up my parcel and EVEN LIED that he tried to come and pick it up and the ‘parcel was not ready to collect’ when he hadn’t even visited our house! There were two people in the house (including myself) at the time that they said he tried to pick it up and no one heard a knock or even saw him! This was the 2nd time in a row this happened as the package was meant to be picked up the day before and the same happened again. At least that time they didn’t lie about “trying to collect the parcel,” and it being “not ready for collection”. A VERY POOR SERVICE. AVOID AT ALL COST!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I had a set of Bilco doors being delivered by FedEx. They called several days prior and set up delivery telling me that I needed to be here when delivered. On the day of delivery, I heard a truck outside and when I went to the door a FedEx truck was pulling away. No driver or delivery person approached my door or rang the bell, but instead dropped a 200lb. package right in front of my garage doors rendering it impossible to get my car out. I immediately called and told them that they needed to come back and move it; 6 hours later the package still sits in front of my garage doors. Not only did this decision to place it here lack any common sense, what company would deliver something this large and heavy and not ask a customer where they wanted it put? If I could rate them with no stars that is what I would have done.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I have called FedEx almost 10 times to have a delivery time scheduled for a package that is dangerous goods (perfumery supplies). I asked for a time afternoon and was told it was possible, but that didn’t happen for over 3 attempted deliveries. I asked to have it dropped off, I was told they could do that, then the package wasn’t left. So I called, turns out they can’t leave a dangerous goods package (makes sense). So I asked if they could drop it off at a FedEx location, I was told they would do that, then again, that didn’t happen. The next day I asked what happened and it turns out they can’t do that either.

The shipment has been returned to the factory twice now. I think FedEx is avoiding setting up communication with the delivery people so that we have to set up ‘Manage your delivery’ and pay FedEx to schedule a time. FedEx would rather pay their drivers to repeatedly go back to a place to not deliver, pay the customer service reps to do nothing, piss off the customers, have their employees be frustrated with angry customers for what, 5-10 extra dollars for the delivery management that the client has to pay for? I wonder how much they paid the driver to not deliver my package 10 times, the customer service reps to be on the phone with me and by the 10th phone call, I am livid.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

Just as the dinosaurs went the way of extinction, FedEx should, too. One of FedEx's primary functions is to receive and deliver packages in a timely manner. My package was overnighted. More than a week later, I still have not received my package. My experience with FedEx is they are incapable, offer lip service, and are unable to adapt. Accordingly, I have reached the conclusion that FedEx does not have a core competency, cannot be trusted, and I will not be using FedEx from hereon. I am the owner of a law firm that represents parents of students with special needs and provides other legal services to parents that have conflicts with their school districts. FedEx's inability to do its job has negatively impacted me and my client.

As I was saying, a very important package was overnighted to my firm. FedEx tracking continually indicated that my office was closed. No door tag was left the first day. To ensure that I did not miss the package the second day, I was at my office before 9 am and I stayed until approximately 5:30 pm. Our lights were on, blinds were open, and our door was unlocked. One person came into the office and I was able to immediately hear and greet them. No one from FedEx attempted to make a delivery. The tracking information indicated that my office was closed the day that I was at my office from morning to evening. The tracking information indicates that FedEx attempted to deliver the package at 3:52 pm. No such attempt was made at my office.

Because I am on paternity leave and had already spent a full day away from my family to receive a package that was never delivered, I requested that the package be delivered to my home. FedEx was unable to accommodate my request, apparently because I am not the sender of the package. It is my understanding that the sender of the package then made the same request that the package be delivered to my home. I spoke with FedEx this past Friday and they had continued to attempt to deliver the package to "my office". This time FedEx agreed to deliver the package to my home, which makes me think that they had received the request from the sender.

FedEx promised that the package would be delivered to my home this past Saturday but they could not provide a time window other than 9am to 7pm. We had someone at the home at all time to receive the package. We also have home security. FedEx did not show. Today, Sunday, November 13th, I watched a FedEx truck come up my bloc, circle around the cul-de-sac and then pass my home to deliver a package to a neighbor. I'm thankful that my neighbor received their package given how demonstrably poor FedEx is at their job, i.e., delivering packages.

Because FedEx is unable to figure out how to deliver the package, first to my office and, then to my home; they have offered to allow me to come pick up the package in Everett, Washington, which is approximately 25 minutes away from my home on a good day. The thing is, the I-5 for Seattle/Everett is known for having some of the worst traffic in the United States. I cannot post a link but you can google the prolific Everett, WA, traffic.

I have told FedEx that after they took me away from my newborn for a day and caused me to spend a number of hours trying to resolve an issue that was wholly created by FedEx and can be fixed by FedEx, I'm not interested in making, what could end up being a two-hour trip, to obtain a package that FedEx has yet to deliver to the correct address.

Lastly, after seeing FedEx's incompetence on full display, I pleaded with them to send the package back to the sender so I can regroup. Thus far, FedEx has refused to send the package back and has instead paid me lip service like they would deliver the package to me at my home over the weekend. I will not use FedEx again so long as the decision is in my hands and I hope everyone will do the same. FedEx either needs to adapt or go the way of the dinosaurs.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I sent some documents to the main office of a large Bank in India by FedEx. For 3 consecutive days the documents were not delivered because, FedEx said that the office was closed. I contacted the Bank and they said they have been open. But there is nothing I can do about it because FedEx does not have a working Phone Number of the people that are tasked to deliver their package. So who knows what's going on there, because you cannot communicate with the FedEx facility in India. Maybe the driver has been going around 4 o' clock, whereas the bank closes at 3:30. Who knows. But it was a loss of 104.22 dollars and the time and effort in putting all the documents together with photos, etc. Photocopying everything and notarizing everything, a complete waste of time, effort and money.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I am on Day Four in my journey trying to get my FedEx package. It was scheduled to be here on November 8, and it’s now November 11. I signed up for text messaging and each day. The message indicated that my package is on the truck and on its way but never showed up. I was finally able to get a hold of customer service, and was told that she spoke to someone who assured her that my package was on the truck, and on its way, however, when I called later on in the day to speak to a second customer service rep, they denied that that was possible. When you try and contact FedEx by phone, they use every trick. Possible not to connect you to a live person.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

The company I ordered from delivered economy ground shipping. I understand that. BUT, don't tell the customer your pkg will be there on a date and throw it in a corner and keep pushing the date back!!!

FedEx Company Information