3.41/5
Based on 4,509 ratings submitted in the last year

4114 FedEx Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 7, 2019

I needed to create a FedEx account because I lost my wallet on an airline and needed it shipped back to me. The airline attendant and I went through my options and chose overnight delivery. It was rather costly but at least I was going to have my wallet back the next day. Except that isn't what happened. It was a Friday. I had it shipped and the attendant did not notice that overnight had a plethora of choices going along with it, including choosing if you wanted Saturday delivery.

Apparently you can pay for overnight, but if you want that overnight to be on a Saturday, you pay even more. There was nothing online that told me that. It simply said 'Overnight delivery'. But they went and created several loopholes to burn you out of your money. Their customer service over the situation was a laughable joke. The woman that spoke to me, Beverly, spent the entire time telling me where I was wrong and that the attendant made a mistake. Of course, how was she to know FedEx was in the business of legally ripping people off. I cancelled my account and will never do business with them again. I urge others to do the same.

Original review: May 7, 2019

FedEx can never seem to deliver to my apartment complex, and I have had no issues with this with other shipping companies. As an alternative, I have to pick up my packages at my local FedEx store, and every time I’ve gone to pick up, the workers have the WORST customer service. No one greets me, despite the helpdesk being 5 feet away from the entrance; and if there’s a customer with a long order/task, I’m not informed of how long my wait may be, I’m simply ignored. There are two people at this store and I understand that a rush can be overwhelming, but both people don’t need to be working on one customer especially when the customers behind them have relatively quick tasks (ie dropping off a pre-process package, picking up business cards, picking up packages, etc).

I ended up waiting 20 minutes to pick up a small package because the customer before me was arguing about the fact that the store ran out of bubble wrap and that there will be liability issues if the employees were to sell said customer bubble wrap from the back. When I was finally granted attention, the employee asked for my name. I responded with my first name only and they looked at me confused, and proceeded to say “(my first name) is that your whole name?”, granted it was a simple misunderstanding, BUT I LITERALLY POINTED MY ID TO THE EMPLOYEE WHEN THEY ASKED ME MY NAME, they could’ve looked or even borrowed my ID so they can go find my package. Anyways, I’m pretty flippin FedUP with FedEx. :)

Original review: May 4, 2019

Lies! I would give them no stars if it would allow it. I ordered a gift for someone and the store sent it by FedEx. Well it never arrived and then I called the store and they sent a repeat shipment. FedEx said that they attempted delivery 4 times. Well I have 6 cameras positioned around our house plus an alarm on the driveway. Not one camera showed any truck in my driveway. They lied every single day saying that no one was home. My husband is retired and is home every day. I called customer service, 2 hour waste of time. I called the store and they filed a complaint and I tried to file a complaint as well, but they would not accept it. Never met so many rude customer service people - Heidi, Lonnie, Melanie, Francesco, Lisa, Kevin, Elena and the beat goes on....Still do not have my package, the store is refunding my money.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I shipped a firearm to Buds Gun Shop for a trade. FedEx stated their policy requires firearms to be shipped next day air, on a 6lb package from Iowa to Kentucky. That was $70 after fees and taxes. Instead of paying $70, I went to a smaller FedEx store which was only capable of shipping 2 day and the policy magically changed along with the price, it was just over $32 to ship it 2 day shipping. Buds, a high volume dealer, was able to send the firearm trade back to me via FedEx ground service and the rep stated it was $7 for shipping fully insured. FedEx claims their next day air requirement is both law and company policy.... I say they're just out to screw the little guy. I've learned my lesson FedEx, you have my $32 but you'll never see my business again. I hope others can learn from my mistake.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Ordered a mother's day present. Every day I check the shipping it states exception. The statement is attempt to make delivery no one home or store closed. I work from home 8am-5:30pm every day and no one has come to my door. When I called their customer service line to see what was going on I got, "I am sorry. We have tried 3 times. You have to come and pick it up at the main shipping location," in which is 35 min away. I called the place in which I ordered the gift from and they were nice and reshipped the gift to me. Lo and behold the same things is happening. I have confirmed my address is correct it is. I finally made the choice for it to be shipped to a local Walgreens and I will go pick it up. Let's hope it's actually there tomorrow.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Resolution response: May 4, 2019

Company rep contacted us via phone to apologize for mix-up & arrange re-drop-off of package. We just got it. We're very grateful both for the company's acknowledgment of the error and that they went out of their way to rectify it. We'd have liked to add an additional star to our review to thank the agents who stepped up to fix the problem, but our consistent experience with FedEx discourages us from ever choosing to send or (when we have a choice) receive packages through them in the future.

Original review: May 3, 2019

We have a small home-based business requiring faithful mailing and receipt of small packages. Our distributors normally use UPS and we've never had a problem with this service. But every time a company mails us a document via FedEx with a required signature, we fail to get the document/package or get it very late. Every. Time.

Yesterday FedEx tried to deliver a package at our house. One of us stayed home the entire day to receive the package. There was a commotion behind our house that required us to step out of our home for fifteen minutes. Of course, that's when FedEx tried to make their delivery. Calling FedEx, we arranged for them to deliver the time-sensitive package the following business day (today). We set up notifications on our phone so we would be certain to get the package that we absolutely need by end of business today.

FedEx SMS-notified us that our package was ready to be picked up. We left work, drove to the business we'd chosen & FedEx agreed to deliver the package too... only to learn nothing was there. After waiting on hold more than 20 minutes to speak with a FedEx rep, we learned someone had "coded" our online delivery choice wrong and the package was being held for us at a FedEx regional office nearly TWO HOURS AWAY. And that the best FedEx can do is deliver the package to the correct business pick-up location MONDAY. So we've missed our deadline. Whenever a business lets us know they're sending a critical package via FedEx, we cringe. Because we're already anticipating yet another problem getting the package.

Original review: May 2, 2019

After someone got my American Express card number and apparently sold it to who knows who. It was being used in Germany and Florida at about the same time. American Express did not honor these transactions and sent me a text message to call them which I did. Now to get to the part where they were sending me a new card thru Fedex, (which they said was delivered on time), the only thing was I never got it and after calling Fedex and getting all kind of excuses as to what they can and did do which did not get me my credit card. MY mailbox is a half mile from my house and they said they left it by my mailbox' but it was not there.

The next day when I went to get my mail guess what was in my mailbox? The Fedex package. This is totally against the law but they don"t care. I called them again today and talked to another foreigner and asked him where he was located and after telling me he could not tell me he finally said he was in Tennessee and I asked him if he knew where West Virginia was and he said it was on the west side of the country. You can't make this sort of thing up. If I had my way they would be out of business. I have nothing but bad experiences with Fedex.

Original review: May 2, 2019

So, let me tell you about my current experience with FEDEX. Yesterday (5/1) at 10:30ish we called in a FEDEX EXPRESS pickup, confirmation #s ** & **. A little after 4pm we called to see what the hold up was and we were told the truck broke down and another truck had been dispatched and should arrive in 10 - 15 minutes. We closed our shop at 6:30pm and still no driver and too late to get to a FEDEX location for a drop off. This morning we have called not once but 4 times and got four different stories and a bucket load of rude representatives. The first call we were told the driver showed up and no one was at our location at 4:30...untrue.

The second call we were told the pickup had been rescheduled and that we were notified... Untrue. The third call the representative transferred us to Ground and then we got transferred back to the 800# and the call timed out, a recording reported that the call was unable to complete. (Same as being hung up on.) Fourth call we spoke with a rep that continued to talk over us and not listen, this guy would ask questions and keep on talking. Tried to tell us there was a distribution center machine malfunction... Had absolutely NOTHING to do with pickups. Then we called our outside service rep, like that would do any good... I have never had a return phone call from her. Today FEDEX totally and completely has missed the mark.

Original review: May 2, 2019

They get 1 star because I can't give any less than that. I had ordered a new patrol bag and FedEx was my only shipping option. Already unhappy about that because I know their reputation in my area, but it was my only choice. I live downtown in a college town. We have private entrances at my complex as well as a traditional lobby entrance. At every private door, is a very obvious sign that tells delivery drivers to not leave packages on the front porches, and instead take them to the business center. FedEx is notorious for ignoring these signs. Sure enough, within two hours of my mlm package being delivered, it was stolen off of my porch.

When I called FedEx, they told me to go around and ask my neighbors if they took my package. Beyond that, I should have gone on their website and taken (what the rep said was a lengthy process) the time to sign up for some package manager, to stop them from leaving packages on the porch. Absolutely no accountability for ignoring obvious signage, or using basic common sense. Luckily I had made my purchase through a great company and they replaced the item, but I still have to ship via FedEx. I have a friend who let me use his private address, but this is just ridiculous. If the choice is ever there, I'd pay triple shipping just to use anyone other than FedEx. Just the worst.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Package of a few sheets of paper scheduled for delivery 4/29/2019 but did not arrive. Delivery came 4/30 when I wasn't there, door tag left stating reschedule for 5/1 before 10:30 AM. Never came, customer service said it was being returned to sender because it did not pass customs. I paid $40 for delivery and no package. I wasted two days waiting at home because of their incompetence. Never again FedEx.

COMPLAINT ACTIVITY REPORT Case # ** BBB Serving the Mid-South

Consumer Info: **, Kelly **
Business Info: FedEx Corporation

Location Involved: (Same as above)

Consumer's Original Complaint :
On March 28th I placed an order with the Merchant BaliBody. They shipped the order on March 30th via FedEx with a tracking number. When the package didn't arrive I contacted FedEx on April 13th and their representative stated it was with my local post office. I then contacted Cherokee Post office to find out they hadn't received the package. I again contacted FedEx and she said to contact their tracer team. On Monday the 15th Of April I did as told and they were to start a tracer and get in touch with me within 48 hrs. I again contacted FedEx on the 17th Of April to find out that the tracer had not been started until I called at 10 AM on the 17th. Today, April 19th I received a call stating they have indeed been unable to locate the package that they kept arguing with me stating it was with my local Post Office. Then they proceeded to tell me that I had to reach out to the merchant to get this issue resolved. FedEx lost the package and I do not appreciate them making their inadequacy my issue. I spent a total of 5 hours on the phone and I make about $70.00 per hour at my job. That's 5 hours of productive time wasted with a company that can't even resolve their own problem. They make it the consumers problem. The representatives were very rude also.
Product_Or_Service: Bali Body products

Order_Number: **

Account_Number: **

Consumer's Desired Resolution:

DesiredSettlementID: Refund. I feel like FedEx should contact the merchant and I also would like reimbursement of my time wasted on the phone with them and getting the runaround. I was literally the person chasing the FedEx package that this company lost.

BBB Processing

04/19/2019 web BBB Information/Complaint Received by BBB

04/22/2019 Otto EMAIL Informed FedEx of Complaint

Original review: April 30, 2019

I paid $20 to have a book shipped and just had surgery and cannot legally drive, and the FEDEX delivery person did not give me enough time to get to the door, then left a message that I'd have to go several miles to a Walgreens to get the MCAT study book my son needs but won't be home before this gets shipped back. I paid $20 for this to be delivered and there is no reason it could not simply have been left. I spoke to an agent about this on 4/26 who told me it WOULD be delivered but today I call and the book is still sitting at the Walgreens and I am being told if I don't hire a cab and pay $50 to go get this $80 book for which I paid $20 to deliver it, it will be returned to the Berkeley review people. This is completely unacceptable and very poor customer service. My tracking number is **. Further I am handicapped and disabled and have a power wheelchair so this is no simple matter. I paid good money to get this delivered.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I sent a package by FedEx, under their instructions and advice and now almost one year package not delivered and cannot be returned to me. The worst thing is how they lie to you about it asking for documents upon documents for an iPhone, filled a report to claim office and never heard from them.

Every time I call I always hear, "Someone is gonna call you back" but as usual lies and they never call back. I am really shocked because I had so much trust for FedEx as I have used them in the past but this is a really big shame for a multi billion dollars company, the lies were obvious and just disrespectful. Never will use FedEx again in my life.

Original review: April 29, 2019

FedEx has some of the worst customer service and unprofessional drivers I've ever experienced. I had a package scheduled for delivery on Saturday. I was home all day with my front door open. The FedEx driver never bothered to ring the doorbell, knock or even say hello. With an open door he simply left a door tag saying nobody was available for signature. I called the number on the back of the door tag, got to run around from the customer service rep and was told they would redeliver the following Tuesday. Want to ask why they wouldn't redeliver on Monday. They told me it was not their policy to deliver before it was scheduled. Absolutely horrible customer service. I had to use a vacation day to be available to provide a signature. These guys have horrible customer service. I will never ship another package using them.

Original review: April 27, 2019

FedEx was supposed to pick up a package from my home. Never came. The driver told Paul, Representative of FedEx, he came and I didn't answer. This went on for three (3) days. UNBELIEVABLE. THEY NEVER CAME TO PICK UP MY PACKAGE. FedEx is not reliable ANYMORE. I will no longer be using them and will tell other people to stop and start using UPS. No one called to check and see if my package got picked up. This was the worst Customer Service I ever experienced in my life. I recommend that you DO NOT USE FEDEX.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I use FEDEX 98% of the time. They're a little pricey but they've never let me down. Their employees are always courteous, friendly, and always eager to help. Packages I send by FEDEX always arrive on time and in good condition. Highly recommend.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I had a heavy package delivered after dark. Had porch light on. He or she left it at the end of my driveway by the road. I have a long driveway. I am disabled and can't lift. I had to roll it down my driveway into house! Not the first time it has happened. Get better drivers!

Original review: April 26, 2019

We pay for priority overnight and our package should be delivered by 10:30am. We never receive our package on time and to get reimbursed is a waste of time. You call and get really bad customer service. Last time I called I was redirected four times and then got disconnected. This week I should have received my package on Thursday by 10:30am and instead it went to an entirely different city and I was told I wouldn’t get it until the next day. Since our office would be closed that day we requested it be sent to a different address and they had the audacity to charge us an additional $16 on top of what we already paid! I was expecting an apology. At least send it to a different address, in the same city at no charge. Unbelievable!

Original review: April 25, 2019

I have a home based business and recently received a large shipment of 8 pallets to my residence. The shipper assured me that FedEx Ground would contact me the day before delivery to ensure I was home to receive the 8 pallets. They did not contact me so they arrived when I was out of state. This initial dealing with customer service was really bad. They were threatening to charge me to reship even though they did not follow the shipper's instructions. 2nd interaction was when they did come to deliver the pallets to my residence, they were hostile that I did not have a forklift! The customer service rep this time actually yelled at me that most homes do have a forklift which is laughable. Now I received an invoice for $55 for them having to have a truck with a liftgate since I didn't have a forklift.

I tried to call them to get the charges reversed today and the customer service rep said I was "dumb" and hung up on me. She stated they are not charging me but would not send me any evidence that the invoice has been reversed and said since I didn't pay I can't get a credit. I have NEVER had a series of unprofessional interactions with one company. I might let it go if one customer service rep is rude, but every single time I had to interact with anyone at FedEx for this shipment it was unbelievable. FedEx needs to evaluate who they have working with the public and their customers, because their image in my eyes is forever ruined and I will never use this company for shipping again - whether it be a large shipment or small package. NEVER! AVOID THIS COMPANY AND USE UPS!

Original review: April 25, 2019

I used FedEx to send some documents to Queensland from Canada to a PO Box. Was not told they can't deliver to a PO Box. Was out of work for a month and a half due to this. Have been trying to claim loss of income from them as they really screwed me over and it's going to take a while to dig myself out of the hole they created. Was told that it got escalated to management and the outcome is $100 reimbursement! I LOST A MINIMUM OF $5000 OF WORK BECAUSE OF THEM! Was not happy with this so I tried to sort it out and got attitude from the lady who sorted the $100 reimbursement. She left me a voicemail asking "Why was I still pursuing this? They'd done their part and she couldn't get me anymore!" Am beyond impressed at them. Tried to look for a number to call an ombudsman for but no luck. Because of them, I am so screwed as I am now 2 months behind on all my bills.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I went into one of their locations to fax important documents that were date sensitive. The fax machine at my office broke so I figured that I would stop at FedEx and fax them easily. The lady was very helpful and told me but it wasn't free and how they use the machine. I faxed 35 pages and total to one number went to get rung up and the cost was over $60. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that I have to pay $60 for a service that cost no ink and no paper. All it is is the internet which they have anyways. And to fax something it cost more than using their internet and printing 35 pages on their paper with their ink. I will never go to FedEx for anything ever again because of this.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I bought some trees from Virginia and had them shipped using FedEx. I never received the order and I called FedEx and opened a case. A few days later FedEx sent me a letter saying they investigated my claim and decided my order was delivered. I will never use FedEx again and wanted to raise awareness. The company I bought my trees from sent me a second shipments with Signature required this time and took the loss of $250.

Original review: April 24, 2019

FedEx failed to deliver my parcel for many occasions. FedEx said that because I was not at home. This is completely ridiculous. Because of FedEx, I had to be at home all day for 5 days When FedEx failed to deliver my parcel for 5 times, I instructed them to return my parcel to the sender. However, you failed to do so until 10 days time. Because FedEx did not deliver my parcel or return it to the sender, I had to spend enormous time to sort their mess - I had to contact not only to you but also the sender as well. No compensation or apology offered by FedEx. I would never use FedEx if I could, but sometimes, FedEx is the only choice for distribute our purchase. I sincerely hope that we will be able to choose other more reliable distributors in the near future.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Fed-Ex delivery has been consistently sub par to my building. They left my TV in the hallway last year, Recently, I never received my package from Bed Bath & Beyond that was shipped on 4/11/19. I went on-line and submitted a note for redelivery. I never received a door tag that the delivery was unsuccessful, only texts. I was home when some of the delivery attempts were made. On 4/17/19, I received a text that my package was delivered. I never received the package. I have contacted FedEx customer service 3 times - 4/21, 4/22, 4/24 - to submit a claim and was advised to contact the vendor. The note from the driver claimed it was delivered to a brick building, the # of the building was not mentioned. I am disappointed in the delivery service of FedEx and need a resolution on my lost package. Please advise.

Original review: April 24, 2019

First let me say FedEx Express in my area, Parker Colorado is great, FedEx Ground is worse than horrible. I have had packages lost, waited at home ALL day for packages to find out the driver didn’t show up for work and they never change status. I USE to be able to have packages held for pickup at their location to avoid all the BS I have had to put up with but now they will not even do that. It is my understanding Ground is a contract service to FedEx and Express are actual employees of FedEx. Whatever the case Ground is horrible and I’m going to do everything possible to have people that ship me products to NEVER EVER use them. They do not care and are totally worthless. I really wish someone from there would please contact me because I have tried to contact you and either you don’t care or are tired of hearing it. Very sad!

Original review: April 23, 2019

I am on I-5 heading south about 3:15 p.m. today changing lanes and behind me speeds up a FedEx worker driving crazy on the freeway doing over 60. Honks me down and then continues to chase me while trying to flip me off. This will not be my last review. I want to contact whoever I have to contact to make sure that this driver who was driving down I-5 south in Seattle around 3:15 today gets written up or re trained on how to drive. The truck number was **.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Living on an exposed corner and being at work all day I have asked all the usual delivery services, NOT to leave packages if no one is home, and leave a delivery notice so I can pick up. All of the delivery services complied immediately -- except FedEx. They continued to leave packages sitting on my doorstep all day, even after I phoned to complain that some had been damaged by the weather, and some had been stolen.

Adding insult to injury, I've sometimes found FedEx deliveries sitting on the doorstep \when I've been home all day\ -- the driver never bothered to knock; just dumped the package and took off. Finally, I posted a sign on my door -- 2"-high red-letters -- explicitly requesting drivers to KNOCK, and if no answer, to leave a delivery notice and NOT the package. This past December I returned home one day to find a FedEx door tag stuck to the door. "Great," I thought; "they finally get it!"

Unfortunately, the FedEx driver failed to put an ADDRESS on the tag, so I had no idea at which of the dozen or so local FedEx offices my package was being held. So I called FedEx, took the usual 10+ minutes to get through their robot phone system to an actual human being. And he was unable to locate my door tag or tracking number in their system. After working through two levels of "supervisors", and half-hour on the phone, I was told "your package MIGHT be at this location," and given an address in the industrial part of town. Next day, I went to that street, but found no FedEx office, and not even the block that the address should have been in -- that part of the street ended in the railroad yard.

So, I went into another business on the street and asked them about FedEx; they had been on the street for 20 years and \never\ were aware of any FedEx office in the neighborhood. Moreover, the block I was looking for hadn't existed for as long as they'd been there. Called FedEx again, and asked them to move the package from wherever it was to a FedEx location that I \knew\ existed, because I had used it before. They agreed. Next morning their robot calls me and informs me that my package is available for pick up at the requested location. I go there. No package. They tell me to try back the next day; I do; no package.

\They\ (the FedEx office) call FedEx central and explain the situation, and the manager motions me to the phone. I'm told that the package is at the non-existent location. I said "I was told it was HERE; I need it shipped HERE." I'm told that it CAN'T be shipped to another FedEx location once I request it to be held at another location. I didn't request it to be held at that location, and moreover, that location doesn't exist. But the person (obviously in another state, and with zero knowledge of the local streets) insists that I must pick it up at the non-existent location. I go to the US Post Office and ask them to look up the address FedEx gave me for their office, and the *Post Office* says "there's NO SUCH ADDRESS".

Insult to injury: for the next five days, I get a robo-call from FedEx every morning at 8 AM, telling me that if I don't pick up my package at the non-existent address within 5 days it will be returned to the sender. Finally, the calls stop, and I get a call from a friend who had sent me a Christmas package via FedEx, to ask if I ever got the package. "No," I said, and explained the situation. "Did they send it back to you?" "Nope." Package gone, presumably into the non-existent FedEx office in the Twilight Zone, never to be seen again. OK, well, that would be bad enough, but the SAME THING has happened twice more in the past four months, referencing the same non-existent FedEx office.

The most recent time, a sympathetic manager at the FedEx office that I DO know, spent a half-hour on the phone trying to get the package moved from wherever it was to an existing FedEx location. Then he comes up to me and says, "the package has already been picked up". What? Who picked it up? He reads me a name I've never heard before. How? I have to produce a government issued, photo ID, with an address that matches the address on the package, fingerprints, a passport, and a DNA sample before FedEx will release a package to me. (OK, I exaggerate just a bit--but their ID requirements are pretty strict.) He doesn't know.

They're still trying to find my package. That's three shipped by FedEx since December, and three lost in the ozone. Not to mention all the lost time spent on the phone, and driving around trying to find offices that don't exist. And all (or at least most) of this annoyance COULD have been prevented if the FedEx drivers would just put a damned pick up ADDRESS on their Door Tags -- but they never do. Since then, if there is any alternative to using FedEx, I use it, even if it costs more. And I have advised all my suppliers to avoid using FedEx. Lower fees and faster deliveries mean nothing if the package never arrives, and can never be located.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I’m going to keep this short, you be the judge. Shipped a package of less than an ounce, but got charged for one pound $150.00 because that was the smallest box they got, OK. Shipped it on Friday to be delivered by Monday with FedEx Express international, tomorrow it will be 2 weeks and the package hasn’t been delivered yet. Tried to get in touch with FedEx but no one is reaching out or trying to help. So what was the point shipping with FedEx. Could have been better with USPS, and way cheaper. Next time I’m shipping with DHL.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Worst delivery company ever. Every time I see a company sending a package by FedEx I cringe. I know I am in for a hassle to get my package. I lodge a complaint with every delivery and am promise a callback. That never happens either. The driver claims he tried to make the delivery and it says "customer not available or business is closed" All the while there is someone at the house all day. We have dogs which bark anytime someone comes near the house. I have asked for a door tag to be left so I know I have a package and that someone was there. This also has never happened. I see I am not the only one they treat like a non-important customer from all the 1 stars they get.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I don't know what's going on at the FedEx delivery center in Boylston, MA, but they seem to have a great deal of trouble performing their job. My packages are constantly in some sort of limbo - either they're "out for delivery" and then they vanish in the tracking system (package goes missing), or it's left at the wrong address. This location is in sore need of better management.

FedEx Company Information