1.38/5
Based on 1,224 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3891 FedEx Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

FedEx is absolutely the slowest shipping company you could ever use. My packages been in California for four days and they say it's still isn’t going to be delivered for another four days. At this time the package is only an hour drive away for me but they’re still saying it’ll be four days before they deliver it. Don’t use this company. USPS is definitely the way to go.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

FedEx MOP: Leave your package in the mud in the rain down the road from your home and then report "package delivered and left by front door". You find it a month later when they do it again and you find a third package left in the mud in the rain down the road for weeks. It is upsetting to have to even leave one star!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Had an iPad delivered from Apple. Of course carriers know that packages from Apple are from AI. Supposed to be delivered February 2. Never delivered despite being 'out for delivery' but tracking status updated each day after saying 'to be delivered by end of day **'. February 7 still not delivered and status changes from 'to be delivered by end of day' to 'pending'. I contact Apple and they see the same and ship a replacement immediately. They file a claim (I know this because I couldn't file one because it had already been filed) and the minute a claim is filed the status changes to 'Delivered Feb 3 at 3:28 PM to 'front door'. Now this is just BS because I was home all day waiting for this package on the 2nd and 3rd and I have ring doorbell that would've shown anyone that came to the door.

So, perhaps they delivered to the wrong door. Could happen, but then you're telling me they also forgot to mark it as 'delivered'. What are the chances of that? I admit, it could happen, however I have about 6-8 packages delivered each week. I have had UPS deliver to the wrong door and neighbors always come by and return to the correct owner. It just seems too coincidental that the driver delivered to the wrong door, forgot to mark it as delivered, and it just so happens to be from Apple. FedEx tries to say it's impossible, but they could easily 'misdeliver' to a friend's house and obtain the contents later. I am pretty sure if it were delivered to my neighbors, they would have returned it. Shady and I don't trust them. I looked it up and there was a large case of FedEx employees stealing iPhones around Christmas time. Would never trust this Company. Hopefully Amazon will drive them out of business.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Too bad I have to give 1 star. Absolutely the worst delivery service out there. Took over 2 weeks to get my last package and going on one week for this one. All they do is keep bringing the package from the depot to “out for delivery” and then they say it is undeliverable because of “local weather delay”. That’s their excuse for not delivering. And try getting hold of someone. I live in Canada and the two reps I spoke with live in Mexico and El Salvador, so they probably think it snows here all the time. Our government postal service Canada Post, is so much better.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I was expecting a package but it never arrived. I called the company to figure out what had happened and the woman I spoke with was very nice and professional. Once the time came to give her a review I meant to give her 5 stars but accidentally gave her two so if you see this I just wanted to thank you for your help!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

If I could have given FedEx zero stars, I would have. They are a lazy, horrible service. They've delayed our package delivery twice now for "weather delays" when every other carrier has delivered and I do know that because we had a package delivered from UPS and USPS on the same day we were originally supposed to receive the package from FedEx. Their customer service is awful and even when I chatted with a "live person", they send me copy paste answers that have no relevance to what I had asked about. Never will I ever use FedEx again, if I can help it.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

FedEx is the absolute worst postal service you could ever use. Sent my sister a birthday package, but is always at work when FedEx comes to deliver. They will not leave the package on her porch no matter how often we call in and no matter how many bites we leave. She cannot get a simple package because FedEx WILL NOT GIVE HER THE PACKAGE! Never use FedEx. They’re pricey, they do not care about complaint calls, and will not give my sister a stinking birthday present. Paying USPS to deliver in two days is 10x more better than FedEx despite the prices.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I paid for an Express overnight delivery Friday overnight Saturday signature required, drop in front of door or mailbox. The delivery guy just stood at the entrance. Put a sticker for pick up by 5pm. On Monday they did the same thing. Never went to the door, nor the mailbox. Another door tag at the entrance at 10 am. Come pick it up by 1 pm.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

FedEx is notorious about not delivering packages in my area, they always say that nobody was home or they need a code to get through the gate. There is no gate, just a driveway, and I set outside all day waiting for an important delivery just to get a text at 3pm that it was a failed delivery, nobody was home. The package doesn’t require a signature so if nobody was home why not just leave it? Easy, he never came down my road, never came to the house.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

FedEx has consistently been the worst shipping service of the top three available. I've had problems with USPS and UPS before, but for the most part they are consistent and punctual. FedEx however, is consistent only in its inconsistency. I had a package arrive 2 weeks late in January 2019 because it sat in a warehouse 2 miles from my house. Anytime I've paid for a faster delivery option it takes as long as the standard option for other services. What prompted this review is I paid for 2 day shipping on a package I ordered Thursday morning. According to FedEx tracking they had the package by Friday morning. The delivery time is now scheduled for Tuesday.

I understand the weekend can slow things down, but according to the tracking history it was moving across the country both Saturday and Sunday. Why would it not be delivered on Monday? I will never pay for an expedited shipping option with FedEx again, because they don't seem to care about what the customer has paid for. USPS, on the other hand, routinely surprises me with earlier than expected deliveries. In this situation they would probably have scheduled for Tuesday and then delivered it Monday. All things considered, between customer service and the way they treat employees, FedEx should not be used and hopefully will soon end up in the graveyard of failed, mismanaged companies.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND A SINGLE HUMAN BEING. I’m a college student, and have a decent amount of professors with strong accents. When you go from rough English... to another language while talking to your coworker next to you WITH ME ON THE PHONE. There’s an issue. 100% inappropriate. In conclusion. Got NOWHERE with my phone call. Even after talking to the manager herself.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Wish zero stars was an option. 1. It took FedEx 3 attempts to deliver a package over the course of 3 weeks because they damaged my product TWICE while in transit! The package was “successfully” delivered on the 3 attempt but on the wrong day. I paid twice to have package delivered during a specific timeframe. Need to confirm if my account was refunded. 2. I was expecting to have a very important package delivered and received delivery confirmation from FedEx. Arrived home but no package. I called FedEx but the only solution they offered was to have the driver or another dept call me back within 24 hours. I drove around the neighborhood to discover my important package was delivered to the wrong address. It’s been almost a week since I notified FedEx about my package and still no follow up call.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

FedEx is shipping a package to me, scheduled to be delivered on Monday but package has been sitting in a FedEx office in Concord, NC for two days NOT MOVING. I could have received the package before the weekend if they had kept package MOVING. Hence why I prefer UPS. My packages almost always come early with UPS.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The product on tracking said it was coming on a day I would be out. It was not supposed to come originally until a later day. Well checked and coming sooner. I was not going to be home and did not want them to leave it on step like they usually do. I paid 5.55 for them to deliver it at night. I then see that package was delayed and not coming till Friday. I told them I wanted money back 'cause I would not have paid to have it delivered later because of their messed up tracking. They refused to give my money back. I have been ripped due to their inaccurate website for tracking and they won't make good on it.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Absolutely the worst courier service ever. Do not, I repeat do not use it for delivery of any kind whatsoever. My package is 4 days late, even though for the last two the tracking status says it's on the truck in my city from their 15 mins away center. The customer service rep who I talked to 5 times now tell me a different story each time. They also have no idea where their trucks are at any given moment, which apparently are 4 days off their planned route... Within the city! Please use USPS or UPS instead.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I had order some items and they delivered it to the wrong address. Somebody is wearing the clothes I bought and FedEx is not helping so they say have a nice day. They really pissing me off. The driver should be held for his actions. On his part he should be fired. They are all dumb working there. They got people who don't speak English that's all that answer the phone. FedEx is worthless and the people who work there are worthless.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Worst possible experience with FedEx. I paid extra for an item that was going to be shipped to my house and it was not delivered to my house the correct time nor date. I spoke with customer service 3 different times and every response was different every time I talked and I couldn't get anywhere in order to get my refund. No more will I pay extra to have an item shipped to my house on time.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My walmart.com account was hacked and purchased a $417 gaming system. I was told by FedEx that ID will be needed for delivery. The person committing fraud was able to call FedEx and switch delivery 2 times even after I alerted FedEx of the fraud and requested to return package to sender. I was assured that this package will not reach this person.

I called again when I found out the package was on the truck for delivery to this fraudulent person. I was told they stopped the package and took it off truck... it was delivered to a person who name wasn't even the same on the package. Called customer service to find that not only did they deliver but they do not check the name when signature is requested. Customer service apologized but correct delivery is not guaranteed. WTH! So not only did I attempt multiple times to stop this delivery Walmart also attempted to stop delivery with FedEx... With no success. I'm very disappointed in FEDEX. I will be using UPS instead. Beware!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I'm waiting for a package to get delivered. The status for the delivery is Pending. For the past 24 hours is in the same location that is 2 hours from me, but is in a truck. FedEx is saying that the truck cannot move because of the weather conditions. BS. I checked Google Maps for the roads yesterday and today and the traffic is green. FedEx has no problem to sell us a garbage service. I called them, and they treat me like I'm dumb, this guy had an attitude with me over the phone. They have 0 willing to help you. I will never use this garbage company.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I ordered my daughter some Ugg Boots from Journeys in the Lakewood mall. The boots were not in stock and I was informed that the shipping would be quick with no issues. I bought them on December 28th and was informed my daughter will receive them in a couple of days. I received a email that the boots shipped but they were never delivered. I called to see what happened and according to the driver he left the package on my porch January 2nd. We were home all day and nothing never came (Kids Winter Break). So Journeys put a tracer on the package and said FedEx delivered the package and denied my claim.

I was so upset I wrote a bad review on Journeys website about the delivery. The FedEx driver that delivers in Southgate California came to my house and basically called my daughter a liar. He said he left a package on the porch and expected her to sign for something after the fact because his boss was on him. Now we never received this package. Until today it still has not arrived. Journeys is going to replace it but FedEx to this day denies the claim and still insists that the package was left on our porch. So here we are today February 7 and my daughter still has not got her Christmas gift to the FedEx.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

If I could give them no rating I would. But I had to select at least one star. I ordered some items from my printer in Minnesota on Monday. FedEx picked it up on Tuesday. It was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday but they said it was a Delay due to weather. And that it would be here Thursday. Well now here we are at 8:54 PM on Thursday night and it hasn't gotten here. So I called them. They told me that they can't guarantee that you'll even get here tomorrow. They said I could go pick it up but they can't tell me what time it would even be at the station. And if it's already arrived and is gone through sorting for delivery I wouldn't be able to pick it up anyway.

The worst part about this is what's inside this box is something for a client whose father passed away a few days ago. It is critical that I have it by Friday morning in order to make everything necessary to be prepared to give to my client. FedEx could care less. They're heartless and could care less. I can only pray that my box will be here in the morning. But my gut tells me that's not gonna happen. I would never do business with FedEx again ever in life. UPS would have been quicker and more reliable. I've seen their trucks' delivery all week. Stay away from FedEx If you need something quickly. You'll be taking a chance that you don't want to take.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I was supposed to get a delivery on Tuesday. We had a snow event so on the tracking it showed that the shipment would be delivered by the end of the next day next day. That is understandable. So the next day I waited all day for my package to come. At the end of the day I got a message that the package was going to be delayed until the next day and it would be delivered at the end of the day. So I looked at the tracking the next day and there was a message that my package was put on a truck at 6:00 AM. At the end of that day I got a message that my package would be delivered at the end of the next day. Can you see why I am frustrated?

So I called up customer service and got the automated phone tree that said what I had already heard. I finally got a person. They were unapologetic, but did look into where my package was. They couldn’t guarantee that it would be delivered the next day so I had to have them hold it so I can go pick it up tomorrow. So much for a delivery service. By the way the streets were snowy the first day, but were clear every day after that. I drove my Camry easily on them so a big FedEx truck should have been able to travel them.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

FedEx did not deliver on time. They sent my packages 200 m away and 3 days later they cannot answer where is my package. It's second time happened to me. The first time my package has been delivered somewhere, but not to the address provided, and had to be redelivered 2 weeks later. VERY BAD SERVICE.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I ordered checks online, paying for expedient shipping to get them here sooner. I had ordered them before with no problem. The previous delivery was on time and left out for me to get. I have a job during the day/evening and cannot wait around for a package. This time was not given a time, but some tracking system that was iffy at best. After two failed deliveries, a note telling them to leave the package for me, a failed call to customer service I have had four failed deliveries. The customer service promised that she had told them that I wanted my package to be left. Guess what? They did not. Thus giving me a third failed attempt. Nothing I did got through to these delivery men, and I finally got my fourth failed attempt.

I called customer service again. The server (his name is Jake) was flippant and did not care about what I had to say. They told me there was nothing they could do, and I would have to come to pick up the packages at their headquarters in Linthicum Heights. This is very far from me. I would never order from a company that uses FedEx again. You don't care about your customers, and your customer service sucks. I hope you never take the place of other delivery services. I have since heard from others that have had terrible experiences with you. I know this will not change anything, but it's still worth it for me.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Federal Express delivered my package one day late. I called to find out why this happened and the service representative said that he had no way of knowing when letters and packages are picked up, but he was sorry this happened.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The incompetence of FedEx's delivery service is unbelievable. Last year, I had two electronic devices delivered - a smartphone and a laptop. Both of which required signatures by default. However, no signatures were obtained and both packages were left on my doorstep. Last week, I ordered SKIN CARE PRODUCTS and did not request signature service. Yet, instead of leaving my package at my door, a door tag was left with an indication that no future attempts will be made. After ONE delivery attempt. Now, I have to wait until after 4:30 PM to go retrieve my package myself. Why? I seriously can't believe this foolishness. FedEx needs to do better, this is unacceptable customer service on several levels.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Ordered 4 tires online. 2 tires got here and the other 2 somehow got damaged by FedEx. My replacement tires were shipped and one week later they were delivered to the wrong freaking address at 8:17 at night? WTF? Someone needs to be demoted.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

They just take your packet and never ship it. Should be 0 star. Totally ** company. Wonder why anyone would use them and why are they still in business. USPS, UPS has never been late and often delivered earlier. ** FedEx has never been on time ever.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I placed an order through walmart.com with 7 items recently in January 2019. 2 of the items were lost. They were coming through 3rd party vendors through Walmart. With the 1st one the FedEx courier person literally LIED and marked my package as delivered! It was not! I was home all day and watched a FedEx truck with the man sitting in his truck out my window! I thought he was bringing it, he never did. The other package I guess went M.I.A. I am very leery of FedEx now & ordering again from Walmart.com. People beware! I will stick with Amazon who usually uses UPS.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I ordered a package from Journeys that was scheduled to arrive at my house by FedEx January 15. I live 1/2 mile down a path. FedEx put my package in a clear plastic trash bag and tied it to my mailbox at the top of the path. By the time I get home from work, the bag has been ripped open and my $170 Uggs are gone. I contacted FedEx and Journeys and they both started a investigation that was supposed to take 8-10 days. Well on today February 5th I find out my claim was denied by FedEx because a signature wasn’t required, which Journeys don’t require signatures when they ship packages. I am pissed that a FedEx driver can deliver a package 1/2 mile from my house and not be held accountable.

FedEx Company Information