3.35/5
Based on 4,103 ratings submitted in the last year

4113 FedEx Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 20, 2019

About 6 months ago, I ordered a replacement part for my Shark vacuum. FedEx delivered the item to the wrong address and repeatedly lied stating the package had been delivered to my home. I'm retired and was home all day, the day the package was delivered to my home. More recently, I auto ship through Chewy.com for all my animals. The order was placed on April 16. I expected the order today, April 19, as 2 to 3 days is about average. When I checked the order, delivery is not scheduled until April 22. I called FedEx and got nothing but excuses and more lies. Major lack of accountability and customer service, lots of passing the buck and blaming someone else. The shipment was routed from Indiana to Kentucky, back to Kansas and is now sitting in Colorado. Who know when it will get here. I did notify Chewy of the problem. The supervisor at Chewy was very helpful and stated she would step in and deal with FedEx.

Original review: April 19, 2019

On 4-18-20 I expected parcel from California. All day I was home waiting for parcel. He left note that no one was home. Today 4-19-29 I was waiting again but no one deliver parcel. I called main office and was told that driver again was in my place. But he did not!!!! I was waiting for him for several hours outside. I called again and was told driver finished his work and is not available. Told me if I want to get my parcel I have to wait until 4-22-20 or drive 25 mi tomorrow (Saturday) to pick up parcel in office. I paid $35 for delivery from California. It was present for my daughter for her wedding (Sunday). They even were not sure if parcel there. I feel so angry with all red tape. Driver was not honest and lied that no one was home. I think that FedEx has to refund my $35 dollars. I never had so bad experience before.

Original review: April 19, 2019

My order was shipped to me with FedEx signature required. Not sure why they need my signature if I paid for the items. Of course I am not home at bright and early hours of a work week... Re-delivery next day was also not successful. I wonder why... BECAUSE YOU ARE DELIVERING DURING MY WORK HOURS!!! That's why!!!

I left a note on the door with my signature along with the slip, directing them to leave the package at the door. They didn't leave it, of course. Now I need my package and wanted to go pick it up at their central office. Called them direct, they said it's with the driver and I wouldn't be able to pick it up until next day which is the weekend... Ridiculous! I get many packages with UPS with no problems, but with FedEx, it's always an issue. Who uses FedEx anymore, this is 21st century, people. Going forward I will avoid merchants using Fedex. They are surely living up to their name with "Fed" in it...

Original review: April 19, 2019

I'm writing about two different shipments. Both were late, one was damaged and a sloppy attempt by FedEx to tape a box up and still delivery it. On this shipment I called to inquire about the shipment and was told I would receive an update in a few hours. The package was found at my door, no idea when or how it was delivered. The recent package was due to me on 4/19/19. Half of the shipment was delivered today. The other half was stuck in Sacramento. Both packages shipped from a vendor in South Carolina on the same day. This is just poor and unacceptable.

Original review: April 19, 2019

FedEx SMARTPOST is the worst delivery service available. Packages shipped seldom arrive on time in my area. This time a package was supposed to be delivered April 18th. That was pushed to April 19th. Today, delivery has been delayed until April 23rd. There is no bad weather in this area. So these delays are unacceptable. FedEx needs to clean up it's SmartPost act.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: April 18, 2019

FedEx is quite literally the worst company I have ever dealt with. I own a small business and there has not been a single time that my delivery was on time and free of problems. I have started to beg my vendors to use other companies because I CANNOT trust FedEx. The latest incidence, I needed my delivery by tonight, waited for it all day, it did not arrive, called in the evening. They told me that the driver got there but I was closed. Of course this is BS. I was open all day. So they said it's because the shipper only put my name without the company name so the driver decided rather than walk in the shop and drop my package, he drove on, then wrote on the system that my business was closed. Of course I cannot get my shipment for the next four days. Thanks FedEx, worst service ever.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Out for delivery in the morning; bring it back to FedEx in the evening with no attempt to deliver. Must be nice to have so much business that you get to ride around with customers' packages for several days. I'll look to avoid vendors that use FedEx, because this has become the norm for them in my area.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I placed a vacation hold on packages online with FedEx, it was acknowledged by FedEx to my email. I left town to deal with an emergency and get an email from FedEx that the package was delivered. I called FedEx and was told they would pick it up because the rep saw I had placed the hold. I was told the package would be delivered as requested in my hold. Then 2-3 days later I received another email saying they were delivering it again... This time 3 days before I was scheduled to be home. Another call and I was told there was no hold on my account and the packages had been delivered.

After being transferred to Logistics dept. I was told that the package had not been delivered, they were not going to deliver until requested and to ignore emails because they were incorrect. Long and short, packages were delivered and sat on my front porch for 2 days... Fortunately they did not get stolen. I will pay more, research shipping methods of sellers I do business with and make EVERY effort to not use FedEx again. A very sad and stressful time for me was exacerbated by FedEx.

Original review: April 18, 2019

FedEx knew this package was damaged. It was obvious FedEx had repaired package but did not even do a good job of repairing hole in package. Very tricky FedEx. Too many times you have screwed us over. Lost items, delivered to wrong address are common issues.

Original review: April 18, 2019

They're still proved third world class logistics for deliveries. Zero understanding how to deliver a good services to their clients. I won't be surprised to see the company going out of the business very soon.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Problem 1. FedEx lost my package. Opened a case and never got back to me. Problem 2. I contacted FedEx regarding the package well after their supposed “response date”, and they transferred me to USPS because they said they should have been the ones to deliver it.... Needless to say still no package 1 month later. Problem number 3. 5 large boxes (returns) were to be picked up from my home today (which was schedule a week ago) at 7:56 PM. After sitting here all day, the same boxes are sitting in my foyer.

After contacting customer service, they suggested that I should just set them outside so that they may be picked up at the leisure of the retrieving truck....that sounds like a great idea. Let’s leave 5 boxes sitting outside until FedEx decides it is a priority to pick these pre arranged packages up. Problem number 4. Another package that was shipped from another company 14 days ago is still out there floating in FedEx space, somewhere in IA for the last week. Moral of the story....I will never purchase items from any supplier using FedEx for their shipping needs. They are the WORST.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I was sent a shipment and was home all day. I can hear all traffic from my front room. I suddenly got an email saying my package was left on my front porch, but it wasn't. My address is clearly marked on the front of my building. No traffic came by that day. I called in & got a case #. I had to wait to report it to the shipper and was told they would look into it. They didn't. I am very unhappy!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I really had a bad experience w/ FEDEX. I called a day before that they will assist me to release my parcel on Wed 17th Apr 2019 since I have a demo on the 18th Apr 2019. I argue about the doc processing they've bothering me to send as I was also in meetings that morning. Afternoon from 2pm onwards we are already in Pasay area waiting for pickup of the parcel. Then, I got a call from Ingrid at 4pm that I need to submit proof of payment which I have submitted via email. Submitted it at 4:15pm, tracking dept and told me that it's not possible for releasing as there's no more evaluator available.

Zane took the responsibility but also not adequate enough to handle the case. Was endorsed to the manager. I thought it was already addressed properly as he committed to release it by 3am on the 18th Apr 2019. But now, I was here by 3:40am until now 5:01am parcel has not been released. Telling me that they weren't advised for pick up! I don't get this at all, do you?

Original review: April 17, 2019

Today is their third attempt to deliver my parcel. I have been home all day waiting for them. Spoke to their customer service couple of times and it seems they don’t record Customer's requests. So when you phone them again the next agent doesn’t know anything about your request!

Original review: April 17, 2019

FedEx is useless. I read a review that sounds like mine. Today I waited for a package that was scheduled for delivery. Never came. Checked tracking. Now it's pending. This is the second time this has happened. I went to their live chat. Asked them what's the problem. Waited about a minute and then it came up message cancelled. FedEx has become "USELESS".

Original review: April 16, 2019

I honestly cannot for life of me figure out how a company can NEVER get ANYTHING right. Not only is their customer service atrocious by either giving you the runaround or just straight up lying!!! If they don’t know what the hell is going on with their independent route delivery personnel, they should at least say so instead of making up lies. FedEx is not only making an insanely bad name for themselves, they are also making other business who utilize their service look bad. I will never again use FedEx for business my needs. Not only that, I will never purchase anything from a company where my only option is FedEx. Done!!!!

Original review: April 16, 2019

LISTEN! If I could give them -5 stars I would! I absolutely hate hate hate when my packages come through FedEx. EVERY SINGLE TIME I had to go on a hunt for package, they send me to different locations for where my package supposedly has been dropped off and numerous phone calls to customer service. I’ve literally sat at home waiting since it says that the package was on its way. Just to be notified that “nobody was home”, there wasn’t even the slightest attempt to ring my buzzer or knock on the door. This is ridiculous. Not once has this happened. It has been NUMEROUS occasions.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Had a delivery from FedEx scheduled for 4/15. Got text notifications that it would be delivered by the end of the day. At 8:30 pm the tracking status changed to pending, and then saying it would be delivered the next day, 4/16. Then, at 10:01 pm on 4/15 someone attempted delivery, but we never heard the doorbell or knocking. I called FedEx customer support to complain about this, they told me this happens a lot. I told them it was unacceptable and asked what they would do to make it right. Her response was that they would tell the local department to try again. I called my shipper and told them for their own sake, they should stop shipping with FedEx. FedEx is now telling me they do not know when the package will be delivered. I want as many people to know about this so they won't give FedEx any business. Their customer support doesn't want to listen, so the only way we can impact them is with the $$.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I had a package delivered today (which had printed on it) KEEP DRY. Instead of placing the package in the open garage or at the front door, the delivery person trudged through the snow, mud, and water to get to the basement door under the deck to leave the package. The problem, the door doesn't get used and had no prints going to it. My problem is, the deck was dripping LOTS of water off to the patio area below where the package was placed. Of course by the time I got to the package a few hours later, the package was soaked. Inside the package was a wooden shoe rack which also was soaked. Very upset by this as it is suppose to be a wedding present. Very disappointed by this today. Again, I'll state the garage door was wide open and straight up the drive, the driver could NOT miss that! Still waiting to see if my purchase will dry out properly or is ruined.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Recently I have placed several orders to be delivered by FedEx. They seem to send them to another state when they arrive within 40 miles of my house. They arrive in Indianapolis, Indiana then they send the package to Kentucky or Illinois before coming back to Indianapolis, Indiana to be delivered. This in turn takes 3 to 5 days longer to get the package. This practice on FedEx's part is Crazy. If I can have a shipper us a different carrier from now on I will.

Original review: April 13, 2019

My package was clearly dented on one corner and had a hole in the side. I opened the box and the Crock Pot replacement dish was shattered to pieces. I called the online FedEx helpline to file a complaint and thought I would get my money refunded, but NO! This company is awful and if I could rate them a ZERO, I would. I will not use them again!

Original review: April 13, 2019

Had a delivery attempt Friday while at work. Wasn't able to sign. Service rep and tracking info said it would be delivered Saturday. Called that morning to see if i could come pick it up. 9:00am I call Rep 1. He said it not to leave my house. Delivery expected 10-2. 2:00pm not there so I call Rep 2: said it would be delivered by 2:45. 3:00pm still not so I call Rep 3: said sorry previous 2 reps were incorrect. It has been sitting at the facility all day, but facility would call me soon. 3:30: Never get call back so I dial 4th Rep: told me I could pick it up, but that they close at 4:30. 4:00 I get to the facility and there is no one there to help me. Told to check back in Tuesday.... From now on I will always choose an alternate service.

Original review: April 13, 2019

First off let me state that FedEx is so incompetent that we ship with ALL companies except specifically FedEx where I work and have worked at my last 2 jobs. Second, I had to rate it 1 star unfortunately because it won't allow zero or negative as a satisfactory rating. Now to my most recent disgust with this crap company: I recently purchased auto parts online and soon found out they made the mistake of shipping with FedEx; a mistake that will most likely cost future business with said company. My package was coming from Illinois to Utah and shipped 4/8 and was scheduled to deliver 4/12. After going through Nebraska and spending 2 days in the destination state, Utah, FedEx sent my package to Idaho.

I called customer service and they said that it was part of someone's route, and that it would be delivered by 1:10pm. When I asked the logic behind sending the package out of the destination state to the state above it only to come back to the state of destination, he said it was all part of a scheduled route. I called BS and much to my non-surprise, no package at 1:10pm. 5pm rolls around and it said it was delivered to a facility in Boise and the scheduled delivery is now 4/15 which means I'll get it by 4/17 if all goes without error. How is this incredibly incompetent company still in business? I now have to delay work on my vehicle for the next 2 weeks due to the famous incompetence of FedEx.

Original review: April 12, 2019

When my package was finally delivered after 3 days of wasting my time waiting and endless phone calls to FedEx customer service to track its whereabouts, there was a knock at my door and when I answered, the driver threw the package at me and ran off to the elevator. I would have chased him down but I was still in my pj's... I would have liked to give him a good piece of my mind for his disgusting behavior toward a customer. This driver was unable to deliver my package to me for 3 days because he couldn't be bothered to ring my apartment # so that I could know that it had arrived. Morons, I tell you... And lazy too! I will avoid using FedEx as much as possible for any of my personal or business needs.

Original review: April 12, 2019

FedEx is one of the companies that I want and others to avoid. Here in Rhode Island they have drivers that don’t do their jobs and are lazy, this is the fourth time that I was waiting for a package and the driver never stopped by my home and when I went online to check it says they tried to attend a delivery but no one was home, which is a lie again. This company needs to address these issues because those who are trying to do business FedEx intends to give a bad reputation. As long that there are companies doing work with FedEx I won’t order any of their products. Instead I buy generic or knockoffs.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Absolutely HORRIBLE SERVICE BY LEO ** MANAGER AT FRESNO OFFICE!!! We called on 04/10 and spoke with a FedEx employee who confirmed they would help our elderly customer out and print the BOL. Upon arrival to our customer their DRIVER rudely told our customer no, refuses to pick up freight and left before informing their dispatcher. We called in and s/w Manager Leo which by the way should NOT be a manager as his customer service is absolutely poor beyond measures! Advised that even though we could send him direct BOL and his driver was but 5 mins away refused to help an elderly woman with her freight!!! Manager laughed in our face and basically advised, "No we will not turn around to help her. We can reschedule tomorrow!" Absolutely poor service!

Would not recommend FedEx to any company for freight! We have done business with them multiple times but never to this level of disrespect and poor customer service! Leo you don't deserve your job. Been in business with customer service for 10 years. Never in my life would I dream of disrespecting an elderly woman much less be so poor in customer service that I wouldn't want to fix MY COMPANY'S ERROR.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I was planning on taking a trip to Canada today (04/11/19), but got information that my extremely important package was to arrive around noon so I cancelled my plans and have been at home doing puzzles and lazing around awaiting this delivery. I called customer service and told them the code to my apartment building and provided a telephone number at which I can be contacted if the delivery person has difficulties. When I saw 2pm I decided to check the status of my package, only to see that it said they attempted to deliver the package twice!

So I called customer service and was met by the rudest guy I’ve ever dealt with who kept pretending that the call was breaking up yet he was answering my questions selectively.... This experience has ruined my day. There are persons who would want to have a job and get one, yet there are persons who act as if their job isn’t important! FedEx needs to get rid of the people who are putting down the company’s reputation.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I ordered a pair of Adidas Yeezy v2 350 clay gym shoes. The shoes were received at the facility on the 1st of APRIL. I never received my order because FEDEX LOST/STOLEN but won't admit an employee literally put the shoes on their feet and probably walked out. They can trace the the package. There are a ton of security cameras. They are still supposedly looking for them. The catch is I can't order them. They are SOLD OUT AND WORTH OVER DOUBLE THAN WHAT I PAID. FEDEX is garbage. No manager or anyone has not reached out. They have shady employees who steal. I have only been calling every day since last Wednesday. What BS!!! I was looking forward to my Yeezys. FEDEX ruined that!!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I am over with FedEx. I’ve been overcharged the last two times. Dramatically got a quote for a shipping this time. It was super ridiculous so I will never use them again. I suggest others price around before shipping anything with them. They rob you. The last two packages I shipped a small 15x15 package weighed about 20 pounds from Las Vegas to New Jersey, $100 ground shipping. The next package About 20x21 and 47 pounds, Boca Raton Florida to New Jersey, $118 ground shipping. I asked for a quote on their wardrobe box the smaller one 42”x20x20 putting in approximately 50 pounds. I was quoted $296. Totally absurd. That was the line in the sand. I’m done with them. Never again. They are a ripoff.

Original review: April 10, 2019

My rating is actually -5 star. I live in the middle of San Antonio TX. My address is pretty easy to find. Any one knows how to open Gmap will find my address. It took the driver three days to find my address. The problem is not the driver after all. I understand some drivers gonna be new but the problem is in customer service. I called more than 10 time and they know that their driver is ** up but yet not a word of apologies but rather an attitude. From now l will never use FedEx again.

FedEx Company Information