1.34/5
Based on 1,207 ratings submitted in the last year

3993 FedEx Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 4, 2019

Here’s the best one yet. I ordered an electronic device from New York sent in Feb 19. Bad weather delay. I live in Oregon coast. Main road washed away. Only secondary road open. It’s in Oregon for a week with no final notice as to where until today Sunday I have a tag on my door. They need a signature and will try for Monday! Can you believe it? I’m in church while they're delivering and didn’t get home til 1:00. I had no idea. Now I get an update. It’s going to be Tuesday by end of day-pending. What is going on with this company? I think they need a new CEO. I’ve signed up for texting as soon as it moves - but all I got was no one to sign and now only two more attempts left. I’m scared to go anywhere for fear they might show up? Horrible.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I ordered a bed for my son on the 27 of February. FedEx said my package would be here by Friday March 1st. I've tried tracking the package but it just keeps reading pending. I tried to cancel but am unable to because FedEx has the bed. It's Sunday now and idk what to do.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Yesterday the FedEx driver dropped off package at another house and had to come back to bring it to my house. Left my dog food in cardboard box on snow covered porch. No plastic bag. Today the FedEx driver just left my food package from HelloFresh in the snow, 1/4 mile from the front porch by the road... In the snow, no plastic bag. The shipping instructions are detailed. Just pure ignorance on the driver's part. Last FedEx shipment from Chewy.com.... 6 times wrong house... Leaving my dog food in the rain. USPS - no issues with receiving packages.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Ordered something on Newegg's site. It's the last thing I need for my build and so I ordered and even paid for "Newegg Next Business Day" at checkout for an additional $20. That day was 3/1/19 at around 11:30 am EST. Opted for the "faster processing" so they would ship it out the same day. So good, I order it then I get it Saturday 3/2/19 right? Nope, not even close. First thing that happened was I woke up and checked if it was on the move, no it was not. It was still in NJ at 11:45 pm and by 7:15 am 3/2/19 it finally moves, so I was assuming it would get to me since I'm only 2 states away from there. Takes a bit of time to get it in my state then a few hours more to actually get to my house.

So I waited all day for it and guess what, I waited for nothing. I don't know who to blame, Newegg for being deceptive or FedEx for goofing off. If they shipped with UPS this would NEVER have happened. Everything would run smoothly. UPS actually ships things overnight instead of doing a "well it's 11 pm time to close, see you at 7 am to move it" thing.

FedEx was getting freaky on me saying I'd get it 3/2/19 then turn around and say 3/5/19 (which is 3 business day) to right back to 3/2/19 within 20 mins from getting an email about it changing to 3/5/19. Make up your mind, am I getting it 3/2 or not. Now it's just sitting at "PENDING". What the heck is pending FedEx? No little '?' like they normally would have with something explaining what it could mean. Overall just an awful nightmare. Got my hopes of finally finishing my computer build with that one important part. Nope. First Amazon was getting wonky on me, now Newegg/FedEx.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I recently ordered a phone from Straight Talk because my local Walmart was out of stock. I chose the 2 day FedEx shipping option because I needed the phone quickly, as my current phone's microphone is broken and I can't make calls. I got a text message saying a signature was required for the delivery today on 3/2. I waited at home all day, with the delivery date still saying 3/2, until 5pm when the delivery date magically changed to Tuesday 3/5. I'm very angry because I paid for the expedited shipping (which they assure they ship on weekends), and now I have to wait an extra 3 days while it sits in a warehouse less than 3 hours from me. I would never recommend FedEx to a single soul. They just want to take your money and have no care or responsibility for when your orders arrive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fedex?

Original review: March 2, 2019

So... I've ordered so many things at Wal-Mart but they didn't ship it all at one time and some was been shipped by UPS and some by FedEx. I went to the corner store for five minutes and came back. UPS package cames on time and left it there but not FedEx. I called just for them to say it was because I wasn't there... Ok. So waiting on it the next day and once again no package saying I wasn't here. Which I was. I even was looking out the windows and had my TV down low so I can hear but no packages. So yeah I was angry because I was waiting on something that apparently never showed. I was supposed to have three different packages come. Let's just see if it comes. I doubt it.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Got a package today that was supposed to be delivered yesterday. The package was open and half of the stuff that I ordered was missing. Apparently, people who work there can just open your package and take whatever they want...

Original review: March 2, 2019

Once again I did not get my package as the tracking site promised. It was due today, and all day it says by end of day delivery. Now almost 7 pm and tracking site says no known delivery date at this time. It is coming from Dallas to Oklahoma City and it will take more than five days. At least I didn't pay for 2nd day delivery this time as I have in the past. There was a time when FedExed meant on time delivery. They have become a joke. I would rather use USPS as it is cheaper and generally on time.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Got a notice from FedEx that a package I was expecting was delivered today at 2 pm. Notice said it was handed to customer. Wrong. Never received a package. Walked all over property in front yard and side and even called the post office. Nothing. So I called FedEx. Explained no package was delivered, we have no neighbors. Nearest one is on different road. So it will be resent, however, if it was delivered here the way the notice said and it was taken, it's creepy to think that someone would be lurking in the bushes to grab a package especially since this is not a neighborhood nor or there any other houses.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I was scheduled to receive a package and decided to track it. System showed a "Delivery Exception" (package not delivered because customer was not available). Well this was not true because I've been home all day. I called and spoke to a rep asking him why driver did not ring my bell. He said no signature was required, so the driver (at his discretion) could leave the package in an unsecured area or take it back for redelivery. Okay, that's fine. However, the driver took the time to leave a tag on the door, but could not ring the bell (which is right next to the door). I've gone on the site and left delivery instructions, signed up for text/email updates. I have no idea what else I can do. The service is horrible. s end

Original review: March 1, 2019

I used FedEx and gave them my credit card. But then I got mysterious charge from FedEx on my credit card. I called the customer service and gave them transaction reference number. The person on the phone is very slow and eventually said he didn't find anything. So it became a mystery. I also gave them my credit card number and asked them to find out what was actually charged on the card. So far... no response after 24 hrs. I can only conclude that FedEx has incapable system or personnel that makes mistakenly charges... And they don't have efficient way to solve the issue. I will BLOCK to use FedEx again! If I am able to I would give ZERO star.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have had over the years similar experiences with FedEx delivery which comes around noon. Since the neighbors are out of the house, I think that the delivery truck can do to others as they feel like it and of course, get away with it. There is NO EXCUSE! NO STAR RATING given that they are required to project a professional front and courtesy, with or without a doorbell or knock. NO DISMANTLING TOLERATED!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I ordered a phone on Monday from Boost for overnight service. Today is Thursday. The phone was shipped out Tuesday. My package has sat in Memphis for 2 days. One thing I can say is when you call the customer service line they do not care. So I paid extra for overnight and I am getting my package whenever and I can't no explanations on why. They did this same thing with my driver's certificate. They do bad business. I try to avoid using FedEx all the time. Unfortunately Boost is stupid enough to use them so I had no choice in the matter.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have had FedEx deliver my packages to my neighbors house, several times, so I call, being this 4th time, wasn't even at my neighbors, but rather, taken to the local post office for them to deliver, costing me a fee, again, because the driver didn't want to leave at the gate, or come up my driveway. After 4 hours on the phone with them, they would not fix the situation, and will not reimburse for their mistake. The Tracy California hub is an absolute joke! Mind you, there are only 2 houses on our street, and our address is on our metal gate, at the top, with numbers and letters 12 inches high, our driveway has been recently regraveled, and is perfectly fine. OnTrac delivers in a beat up old Ford Windstar and has zero problems with our driveway. FedEx has the worst customer service, and the most lazy drivers I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. If you can, pay the extra shipping charge if it means avoiding the use of this company.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

A very large 60 lb package arrived in error on my porch. It appears to have been originally labeled to my maiden name, Market Street, San Francisco, CA. It then appears to be relabeled again with my Maiden name to my address in Southern CA. It is not mine, I never ordered it and I haven't used that name in 30 years! 2 phone calls and 1 email later to FedEx to retrieve the package, assurances that "it will be picked up by 2 pm" etc all to no avail. This package has now sat through the rain for 1.5 weeks.

My most recent communication with "Emily" a supervisor at FedEx is again requesting the tracking number (given on previous communications X 3) or she cannot help me. We have FedEx on my street at least daily. The lack of professionalism of not being willing to correct their error is mind boggling. I definitely won't use FedEx in the future! 60 lb box will be in the trash as soon as a strong teenager walks by. I think I will also send the info to the company who paid FedEx to ship it! LOL.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I bought an auto part from a junkyard to be shipped to my mechanic to get my truck fixed. The junkyard used FedEx to ship said part. While tracking the part I saw that it was on a truck scheduled for delivery. So I contacted my mechanic and let him know that the part was on its way. Checked a few hours later and tracking said delivery exception. I called FedEx customer service to find out what was going on. The service rep looked into it and said that someone would call me around 5:30 pm to explain what was going on. Waited till around 6:00 to call back. Got a different service rep who put me on hold for 7 minutes then the line went dead.

Called back again and talked to the third service rep who initially tried to blow me off. I explained the whole ordeal again and she called the local hub to see what was going on. She said she talked to the QA department and my part had not arrived back at the hub yet and that someone would call me around 8:30 am tomorrow to explain what was going on with my property.

2:00 pm the next day still no call. Called in again. Had to go over the same information for the 4th time. This time the rep said she talked with the hub and that there was only one person who could answer my questions and he was not going to be in till 5:30 pm today and he would give me a call to explain everything. I am not holding out much hope that he will call. I have now lost three days that my mechanic has also lost and still I have no more information than when I first saw delivery exception. The service reps have all been very polite and nice but do not promise something if you know it is not going to happen. Honesty goes a long way.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

This problem has not been resolved by FedEx over the last year. My mail and packages go to the nearest post office since we live in a very rural area without home mail delivery. Packages delivered by USPS or UPS seem to make it to us. But, when we buy something which is sent FedEx Express, we don't get the item. The package gets returned to the sender because the FedEx driver cannot get to the post office before the post office closes. The driver just keeps arriving after the post office closes and leaves a message that the "business was closed or customer not available". One definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. FedEx Express out of Las Cruces fits that definition.

Of course, when the driver arrives at 5:31 pm and the post office closes at 3:30 pm, the package will never get delivered. I have called FedEx Customer Service which seems to be in the Philippines and has no clue as to what is going on. I have called FedEx shipping centers which has been no help. I have asked to speak with the office that delivers the Express packages and have been told that I cannot get that number. Terrible service that just remains poor. I would never recommend FedEx Express!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I ordered live fish and they were being overnighted to me. Unfortunately they used FedEx. The worst company in my opinion to handle anything that is labeled alive. Instead of making a box clearly labeled live fish first on their delivery schedule they made it one of the very last. And if that wasn’t bad enough the incompetent delivery person delivered my box of live fish to the wrong address and left in on the front porch were it sat all night long in the freezing cold temperatures of New York. This company does not care about the way they transport live fish. In my opinion PETA SHOULD PROTEST THEM.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

FedEx tracking said my package 6x6x6 was to be delivered by the end of the day Saturday. That evening, the tracking was changed to no schedule date available. Today, February 27 it says the same. There are no updates since February 21. It is a FedEx smart service and the last leg is done by USPS. Their tracking says "waiting for package" which it has said since February 6. I am in Charlottesville VA and it looks like the package is in Pennsylvania or New Jersey. Why???

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

This has to be the slowest shipper ever... Seriously, 2 weeks to get a package? With anyone else it'd be 3 days max... I think that they walk my package across the U.S. They seriously need to step up their game.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

FedEx is pathetic. Their delivering service blows. They never show up on the right day. They are always late. Some dumb excuse to not deliver on the day that is stated. If I could give 0 stars I would.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Updated on 02/27/2019: My continued saga about FedEx. Today is 2/27/2019. Delivery was to be made between 10 am and 1:30 pm, called them at approx. 1:00 pm. No delivery. Said the driver was already here and no one knocked on my door since I have been home all day, FedEx now sent me an email that tomorrow it would be delivered again between 10 am and 1:30 pm and it would be shipped back the vendor. Makes no sense, they wanted me to pick it up at the local FedEx but the box weighs 39 pounds and having problems with both arms I can only lift 5 pounds and have no one to help me. So I spoke with the vendor and once they receive the package that is being sent back they will kindly replace the items to me at no additional cost, by the way they require an adult signature and I have waited and waited, called FedEx again and they are all very apologetic but no one can help. What a racket!!!

Original Review: FedEx was to deliver package to me that required an adult signature on Feb. 23rd, 2019. I stayed home all day but received a notice that I was not home and said they would deliver it on Tuesday. I called FedEx to let them know I had a doctors appointment at 11:20 am and would not home until after 2:00 pm, they suggested that the delivery be about 2:00 pm. I arrived home. I received message that the driver was here at 11:28 am and would deliver on Wednesday. So all of my efforts of waiting (now for Wednesday) all 3 days have been useless. Called FedEx to complain, driver couldn't come back Tuesday because they said he was in another city and they can't help me. I even called the vendor that is sending me the package and asked to have another carrier delivery any future packages. Customer service is absolutely horrible.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

2 weeks in a row FedEx has delivered worst experience ever. I ordered a workbench and it came. FedEx they dumped the heavy box without using a dolly onto my wet slushy driveway although I have a covered porch and my husband was home. Needless to say the box dissolved in the water. It was also torn from the driver struggling to get box off truck. I understand they have dollies but do not know how to use them. My workbench was heavily damaged. I did not have a box to ship damaged desk back in.

Another desk was shipped, of course although the box said do not lift by straps...the driver did and left it again with a broken box in the snow on my driveway... Having no boxes we loaded the 2 benches in truck. Took to store for refund. Ordered desk instead off Amazon and it appears they also use FedEx now... Although I put a sticker to ring bell so my husband could accept package the FedEx driver dumped it next to the sign. Did not ring the bell and the bottom of the box is damaged yet again. FedEx has turned out to be a disappointment. They are a horrible delivery company that does not care or respect the consumers that make their livelihood possible.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

FedEx rescheduled a delivery for yesterday Mon Feb 25th, I had my father come to my house and wait all day until I could get there after work. Again I was home all evening starting at 5 pm, and I received an update after 8 pm that the driver was unable to deliver. I never got a knock on the door nor did the doorbell ring. I check my door no tag was placed on it. I called their customer service and got no where, I yet again verified my address. I receive packages all the time from Amazon and UPS. I do not understand why I haven't been able to receive this shipment. FedEx is claiming they will make their 3rd attempt this evening between 5-8 pm, and I'm extremely doubtful I will be getting a knock on my door, or receiving my shipment. I even drove around my neighbor's houses looking for a FedEx tag on their doors, and no such luck.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Ordered 4 tires and FedEx lost one of the tires in Chicago. Manufacturer sent out a replacement and FedEx lost that one as well (I don't think it is coincidence). Nobody can give me a good answer as to why. This is the 4th time FedEx has been used to ship tires to me from this manufacturer and so far 75% of the time they have either not arrived on time or have been lost. Why do people keep using FedEx when they can't get anything to the customers on time?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

If this is not the 3rd time, this is the 4th time I have had to use FedEx and they have not delivered as promised. I really wish that companies would offer various shipping options even if it's just USPS. The last time I ordered something online and delivery was through FedEx my package went out for delivery that morning and somehow ended up back at the hub and delivery was rescheduled for the next day. They didn't even take into consideration the wait and brought my package late the next evening. Moving forward...today I had a delivery scheduled to arrive before the end of the day and here I sit without the package that I need. I would strongly advise using another carrier as FedEx has proven to be unreliable. Over 13,000 complaints.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Two times I shipped with FedEx is a nightmare. Both times my parcels were held somewhere which I don’t know. They finally delivered one of the package after a month. None of their staff can help. They seem lost. I’ll give a zero if I can.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I sent a very expensive package to Columbus, OHIO. The package was insured for 3000 dollars. The receiver of the package paid for shipping and sent me the label. When I realized that the payment I received for the item was sent back for insufficient funds it was too late cause I had already sent the package. I called FedEx and explained the situation and that I had insured the item. Now FedEx does not want to accept responsibility. They delivered a package to an address that does not exist. Their responsibility is to send the package back to the sender and they failed to do so. Also, I called the real property auditor office in Columbus Ohio. They confirmed that that address does not exist. How is it possible that FedEx delivered a package to an address that does not exist?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

The original FEDEX box arrived just like if someone have play frisbee with it and kicked it with his foot. After, the claim center just laugh and say me that I have not write the total amount for transportation in the so small case, nobody at the desk have informed me about that case and its importance (just like an assurance). I will not recommend anyone to use FEDEX anymore, just go with another company...

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I ordered a package and it was late. Tracking was supposed to have been delivered Friday, Feb. 21, 2019 and FedEx claimed that it was delivered Saturday, Feb. 22, 2019 but found it thrown in my yard today (Monday, Feb. 25, 2019). Also, ordered a package Saturday, February 16, 2019 and the package was supposed to be delivered February 20, 2019 and didn’t get it till today (February 25, 2019). A month and half ago ordered a package and it was delivered BUT the package was thrown in the yard and couldn’t find it till the next day. I am NOT very happy with FedEx. I do NOT recommend them at all.

FedEx Company Information