Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.05/5

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

OkCupid.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OkCupid.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about OkCupid.com?

Original review: June 11, 2020

2 and a half years ago I joined your site. I hope at my last chance at love and I found it and I am now engaged to be married and settled in a new home with my partner. Thank you OkCupid for help in finding my prince charming and restoring my faith in love.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I started using OKCupid when I was 63. It was recommended by a woman I met through another site. I was attracted to it because it is free, which seems to greatly increase the number of people using it. I live about 60 miles from a major metro area and 10 miles from a medium city. I created a detailed profile, answered hundreds of their questions and added explanations to many of them. I posted several photos. I was surprised and pleased at how many women I heard from, met in person, and went out with, not only the numbers but their suitability as potential partners. I heeded the site's match rating, and found that it was an excellent gauge of likely compatibility. With one or two exceptions, the ~40 women I met through OKC and went out with in a bit over 3 years were great companions and many remain friends. I found an exceptional one who lived nearby, and we have been living together blissfully for five years.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

The date game online is a wonderful experience for me. It is good for my ego as well as it lets me make good friends if not for a relationship. It is fun for me and the people that you can hit up and chat with from anywhere in the world is amazing. I love the fact that you can delete as well as connect. Wonderful, and very exciting to me, I am a people person, so it is so right for me.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Little did I know 4 yrs ago my love life would transform into where it is now, present day. In 2 weeks from the moment as I'm writing this, I will marry the love of my universe in whom I met from the ok cupid app. Within the first week of conversing on ok cupid we scheduled our first date. Since the first date went well, we then scheduled a 2nd. I knew I had fell completely in love and admired every part of her soul and being. Ok Cupid was perfect with our match!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Following a divorce, I found myself trying to date again but with absolutely no experience online dating. When I got married and exited the singles scene, most online “dating” sites were just hook up sites and kind of something people kept to themselves. Tried Tinder but thought it was silly. Tried Match and found it to be people just hooking up.

I read an article on The Drudge Report around this time reporting that a new dating site (i.e., OkCupid) that allowed premium members to sort potential mates by weight. I never paid for a premium membership and never used the function, but it got me to the app where I met my wonderful wife of five years. We have in that time spawned a wonderful two year old son. On our 2nd anniversary, we contacted OkCupid and asked if they had our old chat transcripts (we both had long since deleted our accounts). An OkCupid rep emailed the transcripts to us and we spent that evening on the porch drinking fancy IPAs and laughing and loving. That’s our story.

Original review: June 11, 2020

This is one of the better dating sites. Have not had a bad experience yet. Chatted with some nice guys but not met anyone in person yet. I would recommend this site to singles looking for other singles to meet.

Original review: June 7, 2020

This dating app wasn't my favorite. I felt like it was the easiest to use, and there were many available people, but the quality of the people on the app were terrible. I think it would be better if it were more exclusive, that way, people can more readily connect with people of quality versus quantity. In other words, this app attracted the lowest of the low. Because it was free, that's a huge plus, but besides that I'm not sure this would be the go to app that I would recommend.

Original review: May 30, 2020

This site has become full of scammers, and the unfortunate part is the people who are running this site don’t see the bullying done by these scammers on the general public. Scammers will make inappropriate comments as they are forcing people to go on their unsolicited sites and pay for the sexual services. The site does not look into harassment done by these scammers and try to penalize innocent people. I think it is better to get away from this site and look for one that takes care of ethical practices and conduct.

Original review: May 29, 2020

This app/biz is sneaky! They trick you with small print when you sign up, make it sound free. They can email you everyday to promote but can't email you when they are about to charge you for another 6 months! Shady business. Then there are the terrible prospects! Most of the men on this site are looking for a hookup. The profiles and photos they are allowed to post are ridiculous! I wish I had canceled long ago, but was just busy and let it slide not thinking they would just charge me again!

Original review: May 29, 2020

OkCupid has the most progressive and in-depth features I've ever seen before. It includes answering questions on just about every subject, choosing which answers your ideal partner would choose, and how important that is to you. That's the most impressive part of the site, but what's least impressive is the messaging system.

OkCupid.com author review by Mark Brooks

OKCupid.com is a free site that offers members the ability to upgrade their experience by subscribing to a premium membership. Created in 2004, the site serves millions of members through a unique profile format and optional question and answer section.

• Unique profile format: Many dating sites only ask members to tell a little bit about themselves and who they are looking for. OKCupid makes it easier to learn more about prospective dates through open ended profile questions including six things you can't live without, what you are good at, what you are doing with your life, what you like to do on a friday night and more.

• Thousands of optional questions: OKCupid has a unique feature that allows you to answer as many or as few multiple questions on topics ranging from values and relationship goals to personal hygiene and basic math skills. You can then compare your answers to those of people whose profiles you are viewing.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find. Some criteria are only available via upgraded membership.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through OKCupid.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: OKCupid.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

OkCupid.com Company Information