Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.86/5

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

OkCupid.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OkCupid.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about OkCupid.com?

Original review: June 11, 2020

2 and a half years ago I joined your site. I hope at my last chance at love and I found it and I am now engaged to be married and settled in a new home with my partner. Thank you OkCupid for help in finding my prince charming and restoring my faith in love.

Original review: May 29, 2020

OkCupid has the most progressive and in-depth features I've ever seen before. It includes answering questions on just about every subject, choosing which answers your ideal partner would choose, and how important that is to you. That's the most impressive part of the site, but what's least impressive is the messaging system.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I started using OKCupid when I was 63. It was recommended by a woman I met through another site. I was attracted to it because it is free, which seems to greatly increase the number of people using it. I live about 60 miles from a major metro area and 10 miles from a medium city. I created a detailed profile, answered hundreds of their questions and added explanations to many of them. I posted several photos. I was surprised and pleased at how many women I heard from, met in person, and went out with, not only the numbers but their suitability as potential partners. I heeded the site's match rating, and found that it was an excellent gauge of likely compatibility. With one or two exceptions, the ~40 women I met through OKC and went out with in a bit over 3 years were great companions and many remain friends. I found an exceptional one who lived nearby, and we have been living together blissfully for five years.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

The date game online is a wonderful experience for me. It is good for my ego as well as it lets me make good friends if not for a relationship. It is fun for me and the people that you can hit up and chat with from anywhere in the world is amazing. I love the fact that you can delete as well as connect. Wonderful, and very exciting to me, I am a people person, so it is so right for me.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I had used other sites before and OkCupid had more people in my area. You could also tell if they were new or had been on there a long time. I met my fiance there. You could post multiple pics. Price wasn't bad either.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

My subscription got renewed by mistake, the page for canceling is not even available! It’s very disrespectful, I tried to cancel right away, it was impossible. In other sites it’s simple and easy to cancel your subscription.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

OKCupid is the most gynocentric dating app of all time, lol. Even the "artsy" promos are propaganda. The female models showcase their caricatured "partners" like accessories. Really. They throw in trendy social justice issues as soon as they are "in", but there is a clear subtext to their posturing that one sex is more important than the other. (Hint: the dominant sex is not the one they get the most money from...) OKCupid wants guys to know that shirtless bathroom selfies are tacky, but 20 year old bikini pics are allowable for women. Those who sell sex are intrinsically more moral than those who buy it...even though the buyers' dollars are welcome all the same. They make it VERY difficult to stop paying automatically.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

STAY AWAY FROM OK Cupid. If you’re on long enough you can tell less than 3 pics with less than 15 answered questions is a fake profile. If you search further on other also reputable reviews, some articles claim their employees make fake profiles to match better with zero results or connections. Their match algorithms work, but with as many fake profiles and lack of verification it’s virtually worthless. This techniques are against US federal law and I am seriously bringing this to the attention of the US District Court in the Southern District of New York For consumer fraud

Furthermore, I had an issue with “faulty verification” with my account. I sent a support message requesting assistance. To this day, over a month later, I haven’t received one email from them asking how they can assist me. When I did make a new email account, I couldn’t delete my old account. Furthermore, the changed the whole app dynamics, 10 free “likes/first messages”, new fee structures, unable to browse in the age, ethnicity, religion or location you request. This app has truly gone downhill and is only looking out for advertising dollars and your recurring fees and not the consumer.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I filed a BBB against OK Cupid to ask how can I delete my own photo. OK Cupid responded that I can't? It's because when you delete your account, they steal your photo to make FAKE profiles. Have you ever seen those one photo that comes across your "Likes" or "Non-Likes." Those are the photos that they steal when you delete your profile to make their own FALSE profiles to entice users to join. They are owned by Match and they've always been a fraudulent company. You email someone on OK Cupid and they don't respond? It's a FAKE profile that OK Cupid created to reel you in to paying for their dating service. I've been on for 6 months and not ONE email or date. 120 "LIKES" but no one emails?

Original review: June 11, 2020

This is one of the better dating sites. Have not had a bad experience yet. Chatted with some nice guys but not met anyone in person yet. I would recommend this site to singles looking for other singles to meet.

OkCupid.com author review by Mark Brooks

OKCupid.com is a free site that offers members the ability to upgrade their experience by subscribing to a premium membership. Created in 2004, the site serves millions of members through a unique profile format and optional question and answer section.

• Unique profile format: Many dating sites only ask members to tell a little bit about themselves and who they are looking for. OKCupid makes it easier to learn more about prospective dates through open ended profile questions including six things you can't live without, what you are good at, what you are doing with your life, what you like to do on a friday night and more.

• Thousands of optional questions: OKCupid has a unique feature that allows you to answer as many or as few multiple questions on topics ranging from values and relationship goals to personal hygiene and basic math skills. You can then compare your answers to those of people whose profiles you are viewing.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find. Some criteria are only available via upgraded membership.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through OKCupid.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: OKCupid.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

OkCupid.com Company Information