1.50/5
Based on 39 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 17, 2018

192 OkCupid.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 17, 2018

Very questionable. In all ways. The quality of men is not there. In fact the scammers are more polite than the men and the scammers are there by the ton. They are pretty obvious and not quite intelligent due to the fact that their stories are all the same. It obvious as well that their English is poor. Do not send money. Men tend to not read your profile either. Not worth the aggravation. I will stay single.

Original review: May 15, 2018

OKC has over the years, "allowed," scientific research sites to scrape data from profiles. Your profile content, pics, questions, all up for grabs/scraping. That's been reported on. Why would their site "questions" (which they encourage users to answer) and multiple choice answers be designed the way they are? Hm? I wonder. I've used the site for years. Waste of time. For users.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites & Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2018

About a week ago, I tried to log in and got an error saying my account was suspended due to a “terms violation”. I have reached out to them twice and no one will respond to my request for an explanation. This is really a load of crap. I’ve been a member for several years, never send nasty emails to anyone, used my own current photos, been honest about my age, etc. Meanwhile, scammers are everywhere on that site. I guess being honest doesn’t pay.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I've been using OkC off and on for over 5 yrs. A couple weeks ago, I suddenly couldn't log in. I requested to change my password, no response. I contacted customer support, no response. Guess I'm never using OkC again.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I hate the new messaging changes. I can't see who I have messaged & who I have liked unless they like me back - so frustrating! I also would like to receive my messages as soon as I get them. I don't want to scroll through endless profiles to find the ones who reached out! So so awful. Probably won't use this site much longer which sucks because OkCupid.com was one of my favorite dating sites till the recent changes. Please go back to the way the messages worked before!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OkCupid.com?

Original review: April 4, 2018

I was talking with two guys I really liked a lot then I found out one of them was looking for a sex based relationship & the other who knows what happened to him. I felt like I wasted my money on a six month subscription because I haven’t been able to go on a single date with anyone from this site or eHarmony. I hate the fact that most of the people are only looking for hookups/FWB &/or new friends. What happened to dating leading into marriage?

I also can’t stand the fact when I click anywhere you guys don’t have an option for people living in the United States only. Why? Because I’m not going to date someone in Africa, Asia, or Europe or any other country outside the U.S. I’d recommend any other site other than this one & I want a refund. Sites I’d recommend: Match, Zoosk, Bumble, Tinder, Coffee Meets Bagel, Christian Mingle, Muddy Matches, Christian Connection, Chemistry. Basically anywhere else but here, eHarmony & POF.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I had been messaging with two handsome men. Right before meeting them I gave them my phone number. They both looked very different, yet once on the phone sounded identical! They both said their accent was from Australia. I closed my account and blocked both of their numbers. Beware and be careful!

Original review: March 6, 2018

"Hi, Your account was banned from our site for behavior that violates the OkCupid Terms of Service. Your account and photos have been removed from public view. We consider this matter resolved.". That's all I get from them when I ask OkCupid why they deleted my account that was over 5 years old. I have no idea what they think I did that violated the TOS, and would like to access the thousands of messages I exchanged with users over that period. Even the ironically faceless Facebook has better customer service.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I notice on this particular site lots of people complained about not enough people meeting their criteria in their area... Alas that is how it goes unfortunately and an app is hardly at fault for certain areas of a country not using the app as much as another city or state (province in my case). I met the man of my dreams on OkCupid.com... That is to say I also met A LOT OF FROGS. This app allows upstanding users to moderate and keep their dating community safe by filtering through flags and complaints and basically enough votes to block and remove a person for good from the app because of violent, disrespectful, unsolicited highly sexualized comments (UNSOLICITED l the keyword here).

All in all, the apps questions allow very in depth look into someone who answers honestly, great selection so long as you include to look beyond the 4 walls of your city... And like all dating apps, come the table with skepticism and SAFE online dating practices and know what you're looking for instead of expecting it to just fall in your lap. OkCupid.com is my #1 referral for my friends. It was the only app I used.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I find this site reasonably straightforward. I do not pay money for A list, likes or anything like that. I read the profiles and respond if I think I might like the person or if they seem interesting and they might like me. I am single, live alone, never married. One half of the men on this site who describe themselves as “single” are “separated” (still married) or “single” but living together or in long term relationships. Also, I live in Manhattan and am looking for a NYC guy. Lots of guys say they live here (in their profile) but they actually just visit here from time to time and live in New Jersey, Upstate NY or Long Island. Or they used to live here, were born here or work here. They live 50-150 or even 3,000 miles away. So the problem is mainly with the people, not the site itself.

Also, a lot of really not too attractive men here very hung up on a woman’s age. Honestly, these are unhealthy men who I would not normally date (high blood pressure, diabetic, quite overweight, high cholesterol) who will only date younger girls. They do not have much luck with younger girls and consider my age “old” (although they tell me how attractive I am, nice figure, fun to be with, etc.). Also, few of the men I have dated have ever done so much as buy me a drink. On the 2 occasions this happened the men were all over me like an octopus (1st date and second date).

All in all, not yet met any good matches on this site. However, I do not think that by and large there is any problem with this “free” site except for a lot of the weird guys who post there. Mostly weird matches (they live out of town and/or are not “free”). The other thing I have found a little disturbing is how cheap these so many of the guys who make a lot of money are. I usually pay for my own drinks and food. After a while they want to get cozy. There’s nothing “romantic” about going on expensive Dutch treats with strange, unsuitable men. One date and I’m done.

If it costs me $60 to find out the guy is really not right for me at all, well that is the real “price” of this site. Too cheap, expects sex after one dinner, etc. No dating etiquette at all. And these are men with money. Oh well - I just go to the places I like if the guy wants to go there, fine. If he wants to treat me fine, so long as he does not grope me throughout dinner. Not exactly the most tactful group of daters on this site. Plus, some of them forgot to shave, put on a clean shirt and brush their teeth. Not too well versed in the art of dating, but there are one or two keepers out there for me I am sure, so I keep going out with a man every month or two, if I am in an adventure mood.

Original review: March 5, 2018

They are particularly horrible in deception, choices in my area and have no customer service. They all say "free" with Online dating services. This we know but the blatant deception of it not being free is particularly pronounced. You really don't know that you'll get nothing in the way of "likes" until you pay. It hides this one basic fact along with emails and communication. This is North America and within every claim, there is an embedded lie in every product, service, and hamburger. OkCupid is masterly at this.

The website is clunky and poorly put together. You cannot isolate photos, which is one of the mainstays of this kind of service. The paid for features are basically unknown until you work a drop-down that says "Purchase Lists". Being such an odd description, I passed it but. What is purchasing a list? This is my main problem; they double charged me and I want that reversed and as a matter of my preference, I don't want to engage with this site whatsoever.

My bank alerted to "suspicious activity" with my credit card. This was the way I knew that they even have a faulty charging system. I emailed after looking for a customer service phone number and there was a lie posted; "due to the scammers, we have no phone contact number". IF it is tightly controlled as to charges, there should be a way to establish to whom they are speaking and could have easily set up accounts with a few questions that each customer would only know. I've emailed them —no answer. Again, I was double-charged! MONEY! It is not even a good site for picks in my area. Their questions for your profile are okay but OkCupid is on another dating site and take note, the picks are not good, they might be for your area but I would definitely go with something "more professional".

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

OKCupid is absolutely decrepit. It does not work properly! When I do a search for "Hookups only" on the OKCupid app on my phone, not a single profile of a person who is trying to hook up shows up. When I use it on my PC, the results are entirely different, and I come across plenty of profiles of people looking for a hookup. This makes absolutely no sense! The site/app are either poorly written, poorly maintained, or both. :(

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018 I was looking for free dating sites and I came across OkCupid.com. When you google OkCupid you will see they advertise as "OkCupid: Free Online Dating".

After I signed up I was not warned that there will be any charges. I saw someone who is interesting to me. I messaged her and as soon as I did the website hid her profile and ask that I purchase an A-List so I can communicate with her. How is this a free online dating? I don't blame OkCupid, I blame people who fall for them. I can see liars advancing in this world.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I joined this site as a non paying member first. I was able to navigate easily, I'm 63 yrs old, very technical, was a businesswoman, I'm classy, was in outside sales, know how to communicate with people well. The site allows you to send messages and receive messages without paying. I've had a few dates, one was good, the other didn't work for both of us, I had a conversation over the phone with another, not a good fit. But so far I'm pleased, I paid for 1 month now, just having some difficulties finding if the auto Renew or downgrade I did turned off the auto renew. I emailed the company about this that I don't want auto renew. How do I see if they are not renewing me, no response back in 2 days.

I do think the company is reasonably priced and can work. People need to pursue what they want. Don't sit around waiting for someone to come to you, respond back quickly if interested. I do not work for this company. Just trying to find someone special to live life with. I'm divorced recently, married for 20 years, well educated, in great shape, well groomed, somewhat attractive, but I go after what I want. So this site can work somewhat.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I actually liked this dating site and was a paid subscriber for nearly 4 years. I mostly used it like an online crossword puzzle, basically I just answered all the dating questions and gave funny explanations to amuse myself. I only had brief conversations (small talk) with a few women and I wasn't seriously trying to make anything happen. Then last year I met someone on there and we clicked immediately and started dating briefly. She broke up with me suddenly to go back to her ex-boyfriend and I wished her well. I saw her back on the site several months later and we started dating again. This time she started having wild mood swings and paranoid jealous rages.

After she cooled down one of the times she informed me that she was schizophrenic and would have persecutorial delusions of me being this cheating type and any little thing I say or do might trigger the delusions. One of the things I had done to trigger her delusions was I had forgotten to disable my OKCupid account when we started dating. This seemed pretty reasonable to me, so I disabled my account in front of her and even offered to show her my brief conversations with other women. I tried to continue dating her despite her mental health issues, but all this same crazy stuff kept coming up over and over in a short span of time and we eventually broke up. So afterwards I decided to go see what was happening on OKCupid.

When I tried to login I kept getting this message that "We’re having technical difficulties, try again later". At first I thought I may have forgotten my password and I tried to do a password reset. I never got a response. Finally, I found this really cheesy technical support form that you can send into them that they mention may or may not get a response. After 2 days I did get the following email back from them:

"You were reported for harassing users. We have reviewed your account history and you have been blacklisted for behavior that violates our Terms of Service. Your account and photos have been removed from public view. We don't issue refunds for accounts that were banned for TOS violations. This was clarified in the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you joined the site. Here is a link to our Terms and Conditions statement, in case you'd like to review it: **. If you've subscribed with the App Store: Unfortunately, iTunes does not permit us to cancel subscriptions or issue refunds for iTunes payments. Please contact them directly, or follow these instructions to cancel your ongoing subscription: **. We consider this matter resolved."

So apparently I was harassing someone from my completely inactive account. I got no warning, no suspension, no reason other than them saying "You were reported for harassing users". I can only assume that the girl I had been previously dating had reported me for harassment in one of her jealous rages. This is something I definitely think a dating site should take seriously, but they should at least have some kind of proof that the accused person is actually doing something. Or was at least active on their site.

If you would have asked me to review them several weeks ago, I would have given them a very high rating. Unfortunately this is a very unacceptable way to treat any customer. If I would have bothered to read any of the reviews on this site, the BBB, and other similar consumer review/protection publications I would never have given them any money and might not have even signed up for the free service. I hope I save some of you the frustration. They have made me a victim of harassment in the name of protecting people from harassment. I consider this matter resolved.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

OKC before it was purchased by Match.com was a fairly good website and from experience was useful in meeting new people for friendships and relationship but since Match purchased it and have made all these changes the website is absolutely a waste of time. I'll list several examples below: First off about 50% of EVERY profile you see is FAKE! This gets obvious the more you dig in and give it a try. If you like someone and they like you back all of a sudden they completely disappear unless you BOOKMARK them or write them. If you write them a letter and they haven't yet liked you they will never know you wrote them so your letter and your effort goes unnoticed.

In addition if they do like you and you decide to write them a message the chances are about 95% of those messages are not personal whatsoever and the respondent NEVER replies to any questions you may have asked them and my only conclusion is that someone in another country is working these replies because most the time the sentences and grammar are so NON American it's obvious.

Fake likes are all too obvious. Once in a while you'll receive a notification stating that someone has liked you. If you open to see who it is it either takes you to the browsing mode and or it will take you to a profile that has 1 photo of a bird, a dog, a skyline view or someone they know you would never like with absolutely NO summary or bio. This is the way they keep people signing back in so they can appear to have more active users than what there really is. Since OKC was purchased by Match this gave them the right to transfer photos and profile bios from one website to the other. Hence "fake profiles"! Nearly 50% or greater of all the profiles are people who once signed up and or deleted their profile or haven't used it in a very long time. (fake profiles).

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I have recently joined OKCupid and was a paid premium member for 3 months. I received TONS of "likes" and direct messages so in this respect, the site was functioning for me. However, 2 days ago my account was arbitrarily suspended. My first email to their support resulted in an auto-reply telling me to log in with another device. Did that, got an error message stating "technical difficulties". My second email to support was replied with a seemingly generic response stating that I had violated their terms of service, that the matter was considered resolved and that I would not receive any refund whatsoever. I read their terms at length and find absolutely nothing that I violated.

I have found many forums on the web with similar complaints. Many people's accounts were suspended when a rejected stalker reported them - with NO due diligence on the part of OKCupid. I find this completely unacceptable and impersonal. Furthermore, their use of tracking measures is horrifying and they actually POST YOUR PROFILE ON SEPARATE SITES WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE OR PERMISSION! Outrageous. It is all hidden in their terms of service which took about half an hour to peruse.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

OkCupid, which I used to like, is now useless. I used to be able to write women whom I found interesting. I actually enjoyed reading their profiles. I would write women the best letters I could and sometimes I’d hear back and sometimes I wouldn’t. And, sometimes, on rare occasion, women would write me out of the blue. (Yea!) However, women often prefer to let men make the first move (i.e., send the first message) and say so in their profiles. And I’m fine with that. But now, neither of these scenarios occur anymore. With the new messaging policy (2018) women cannot see my messages unless they have already liked my profile/photo(s).

So, if you write a message you have to hope the other person has “liked” you so you can see each other’s messages or hope the other is on the paid subscription A-list which allows them to see likes from others without having also liked them. (Yes, their policy is confusing. But the end result is straightforward - your messages won’t be seen.) But what really irked me today was that I got a message on my phone this evening saying someone liked me and sent me a message. When I logged on, there was no message in their new Conversations area. But I had one more new like. But I can’t see it unless I pay for A-list or “like” every single woman on OkC. BTW, don’t believe the Apple Store rating of 4.2. They have locked their rating so it wouldn’t change when customers protested their recent changes. Don’t waste your time. And, don’t go to Match.com since they bought OkC and have gutted it with their recent policy changes. Maybe eHarmony?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I've come across endless profiles on OKC which were gay men, prostitutes, etc. The actual women who use the site are rude, angry nutcases who are there only to insult men. But if you report them, or tell them what rude ** they are after they insult you, OKC will ban you. If men engaged in the same behavior as the women with being psychotic, they would have their profiles removed. But when women are nuts, they're allowed to continue behaving that way. I even left a comment on their Facebook page about this. Of course, they deleted it and blocked me there too.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

OkCupid is a business that rapidly degenerated from a quality focused site to a grubby, overly monetized site with policies that have no regard for alternative lifestyles. Its latest move to insist on first names is incredibly tone deaf given our current awareness of harassment. In a time where safe anonymity makes more sense than ever, OKC insists on making people more findable. Stupid. But this is only one dumb move after a string of crappy decisions, most of which ultimately boil down to squeezing as much money as possible out of members. Furthermore they don’t consult with their members in any meaningful way. These poor decisions are just foisted on their members in a haphazard and arbitrary way.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I have used this website for quite a few years. Recently I found that it had greatly increased the percentages as to how much people "match" each other. Let me give you an example: if someone has answered ZERO questions on a particular topic, let's say, Sex... they still match you ON THAT TOPIC, by 35%... say what??? It should be ZERO! So please. When you get a high "match" percentage, bear this in mind: the data are fixed. Zero is not the base, 35% is...

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

After I got deleted by OkCupid because of its numerous scammers, I was told by a mod that getting a new email account was the way to get back on it. I tried it and unbelievably it worked. However, today, someone who has nothing better to do at OKC may have put two and two together and deleted it again. Well I'm not trying for a third time, as I think OKC are the worst. There are other better websites such as POF and Oasis and OKC can carry on like 'blind bats' into the future.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

While using OkCupid to find a match I had placed a screening tool as my first profile picture that stated, "Sorry I do not date Republican men because I do not want to date a man who voted for an admitted sexual profiler as our president." To me, anyone that would vote for someone who proudly sexually assaults women and has no problem with that, may sexually assault me as well. OkCupid continuously harassed me about this even though the site claims to find you a compatible mate. Screening a politely party out of my potential dates was to find someone I WAS COMPATIBLE WITH! Yet they allow men to use pictures of penises as profile pictures and send them with absolutely NO PENALTY!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

My experience had been good until recently. I met someone that I thought was a great match, but turned into a nightmare an character deformation. I reported the accusations and false narrative to OkCupid, and submitted my clarification of actual events. Weeks later, I was emailed back stating that their investigation brought them to the conclusion that MY account was terminated due to breaking their ethics and behavior terms. I've never been so humiliated and disgusted! I'm more than disappointed with OkCupid's team!

Resolution response: Oct. 21, 2017

I apologize for my previous review. I had a misunderstanding of this app. The match questions help tremendously, I just didn't know how to rate them at first. There is a way to make the "deal breakers" high importance and make the irreverent questions irreverent. The "phantom account" I complained about finally did get deleted. Now that I'm using the app more I realize how amazing it really is. It's the best free dating app out there, in my opinion. The only app I've found that people actually use for serious dating. This can be used as a hookup app, but most users are looking for something real. Also, the security is better than any other dating app I've been on. You can have it set up for only users to find your profile.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My first complaint is the matching system. I took the time to answer 500 match questions. I only answered the questions I considered to be important (like religious views, political views, sexuality, etc.) The matches that were 90% (or higher) were not good matches after all. All of them had at least one deal breaker. The matching system needs work, to say the least. What would help is a way to mark questions as "deal breakers." If someone doesn't answer those questions to your preference, then your match percentage with them goes to 0. The way the matching system is now is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Good luck, you're going to need it.

My second complaint is how unsupervised the accounts are. I found an account that legit said in the self-summary that it was a "phantom account" and he/she was only there to stalk people. I reported this account 5 times in the last two months. OkCupid has yet to take this account down. Who knows how many more of those type of accounts are out there. I don't feel safe using OkCupid. It's too easy to make a fake account and OkCupid doesn't seem to care.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Every man that contacted me on this site were looking for SEXUAL HOOKUP. I complained to OkCupid, but they just let this person continue to POST. I've tried to use this site on 4 occasions, SAME MO, "I have a big ** like ** man, let's meet today." That's all I get and OkCupid don't monitor these predators.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I deleted my account. I was on OK Cupid for a while. I had moved to PA to do lobbying in DC. I met someone years ago. He was from the UK and suddenly he flew in, decided he wanted to stay with me (it was only supposed to be for a vacation), wanted to marry me for a green card and I threw him out of my home. I had no intention of marrying him. He was about 500 lbs and a liar. He tried to fight with my son and tried to cause tension between me, my neighbors, the police. He stole money and broke item I had for year which meant more to me than he. Since he wanted to stay in the US I said, "You pay for room and board, get a job and leave. Live on your own." I think I was very clear I didn't want to be his sugar mommy.

He pissed me off so much one day when I caught him in a lie after I found a job for him I decided to throw him out, changed the locks and put his clothes out on the step. Called ICE since he never renewed his VISA and was here illegally. I moved back to Florida and lived here for a while and decided to go back into politics. I was too busy to look at the IMs I received. I received one message which was extremely close to being crazy and after looking at this insane person's profile I know he was dangerous. I called OK Cupid. They do nothing. Not even check out what was said and what was done. This is what he wrote to me:

"You're not only "deplorable" but, also, pathic. I hope the Trumpeteer teaches you frigging morons a lesson as he does every day. Every time he opens his mouth he insults or calls someone a name. Of course, you're entitled to your opinion but, at least, use your frigging head. How can someone, seemingly, being as educated as you say you are and still think you're right. I "kneel" to your asininity. "

I would be very careful on there. In fact I encourage everyone to leave this site.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

So I've been on OKC since who knows when, like at least 15 or so years & it was always great & everyone loved it since it allowed all different types of people including polyamorous people. Well I hadn't been on it for years & I moved out of the country & when I did (back in 2012), everything changed. I barely got any good matches & fast forward to the last 2 years 2016/17, it's now soooo BAD, that it's right down there with POF. All I do is waste my time blocking & reporting scammers & fake users one after another. And we aren't talking a few of these, I'm talking TONS of these every day vs. the ZERO I used to get years ago.

And the few guys that are on there who are real of course DON'T bother to read anyone's profile, so all I get is the idiot responses like, "Hi, how are you?" or something to do with my looks. Half the time I can't tell if they are one of the scammers or just the moronic guys, although women are just as bad as NOT reading profiles. I just realized about 30 minutes ago that their app doesn't work. I wasted about an hour blocking & deleting TONS of fake users, then I went on to my computer today, & the users' messages were STILL in my inbox so I had to redo everything wasting MORE of my time. I have to take a guess that after Match.com bought them out (I didn't even know until a few weeks ago), everything went to **. NOT GOOD!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

This site has interesting platform, even free membership option and Huge quiz.... But that all is just pretending to look kind of professional. Their matching based on Geographical proximity ONLY. You may have opposite political views, age difference up to 30 years, be religious and non religious - still you both could be matched as little as 75%. Could it be real? There are very few members in your area - maybe 5-7 in a distance of 10 miles. And here are The News: they cancelled option to see - who is visiting your profile. How stupid. Is it professional?

For the site pretending to be Professional in relationships. Do they know - what flirt is? Seems they don't. Then how could they be Professional??? What is left there: you can see if someone liked you, but never know - who it was. Could you go and give a friendly glance in return (exactly how we do in reality) - you can't, you have no idea - who it was. Then what is the sense in such "game". I got their senses - whatever they do - they just make "professional" grimace on their face and push you to spend more and more money. But why should you, if there is no chance for you to see - who might be that one, who picked you! What a creepy place! Should go out of business.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Met someone on here called Jessicasoblessed. Says she was into older men. Started talking on text. She got my number and texted first. We talked back and forth. She sent some pics. I sent some pics. Then all got quiet until the next day. I get a different text the next day by someone claiming to be her dad. Said he was going to have me thrown in jail because she was underage but he wouldn't if I helped his family and sent him 674.56 via MoneyPak from my local pharmacy.

I knew it was a scam right away. He said he took her phone and deactivated it but when I looked up on the OKC site not only was the person online they had changed the area that they lived in. Even the phones numbers between supposedly hers and his the area codes were way different. One was from South Carolina. The other was from Missouri. I reported the profile to OKC. Nothing yet. They still showing online and sent my evidence of the texts to IC3 so beware of these numbers on OKC 8032306482 and 8162599965. They are scamming on this site.

OkCupid.com expert review by Mark Brooks

OKCupid.com is a free site that offers members the ability to upgrade their experience by subscribing to a premium membership. Created in 2004, the site serves millions of members through a unique profile format and optional question and answer section.

• Unique profile format: Many dating sites only ask members to tell a little bit about themselves and who they are looking for. OKCupid makes it easier to learn more about prospective dates through open ended profile questions including six things you can't live without, what you are good at, what you are doing with your life, what you like to do on a friday night and more.

• Thousands of optional questions: OKCupid has a unique feature that allows you to answer as many or as few multiple questions on topics ranging from values and relationship goals to personal hygiene and basic math skills. You can then compare your answers to those of people whose profiles you are viewing.

• Advanced search algorithm: Users can choose both physical and value-based attributes to search for, improving the quality of the matches they find. Some criteria are only available via upgraded membership.

• Anonymous email network: Users can email potential matches through OKCupid.com's own messaging service, allowing them to keep their identities and contact info private until they are ready to share it.

• Profiles are screened before being posted: OKCupid.com staff screens profiles and photos before posting to ensure only appropriate information makes it onto the site.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships, people looking for short-term relationships, and people looking for a large dating pool.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

OkCupid.com Company Information