Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.02/5

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

OkCupid.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OkCupid.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about OkCupid.com?

Original review: May 29, 2020

This app/biz is sneaky! They trick you with small print when you sign up, make it sound free. They can email you everyday to promote but can't email you when they are about to charge you for another 6 months! Shady business. Then there are the terrible prospects! Most of the men on this site are looking for a hookup. The profiles and photos they are allowed to post are ridiculous! I wish I had canceled long ago, but was just busy and let it slide not thinking they would just charge me again!

Original review: May 29, 2020

OkCupid has the most progressive and in-depth features I've ever seen before. It includes answering questions on just about every subject, choosing which answers your ideal partner would choose, and how important that is to you. That's the most impressive part of the site, but what's least impressive is the messaging system.

Original review: May 28, 2020

It cost way too much for what is offered. Most of the matches they find are all several hours away from my location. Haven't seen a local matches in months. I believe that if they don't find you a match, they continue to make money from those who continue to buy memberships.

Original review: May 27, 2020

OkCupid.com is the worst dating site both myself and everyone I know has used. First, it allows anyone to message you, even if you don't match. Second, the type of men I have encountered as a single woman are the most disgusting individuals I have ever encountered. The messages both myself and one of my friends received made us feel unsafe and disgusted. As a result, I highly recommend OkCupid.com revamps their user experience, especially for single women.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Absolute joke of an app. Got banned for no reason whatsoever. My profile hasn't changed in 1.5 years and I barely talked to anymore lately and if I do, I never sent something offensive. Ridiculous app.

Original review: May 10, 2020

I had to delete my account a week before my subscription expired. Yes it is NOT free. The lowest quality of females. A complete disaster. I felt embarrassed to have my picture up. Read some reviews before you pay for this as all the like notifications that you have before you paid they will vanish after you pay and they will apologize for running low on matches. Read some reputable reviews not Google as they will give 5 stars to anyone who pays them. Run. Save your time and money.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

A few years ago I paid to see a bunch of likes. The moment I paid, the number went way down, as others have reported. Some of the remaining likes didn't remotely meet my specified criteria for gender, or distance. I complained and never got a response back. The company appears to have no customer service for paying members whatsoever. Now I've joined again, and they are still ignoring the "Must Have" settings for gender, and distance. I specify 40 miles away maximum, and they are showing me likes that are 160 miles away.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Free!! Pfffft!! You can join for free, but you cannot communicate with anyone until you start paying and that's limited. Then, you can pay more and get BOOST! Wow. These people run a business like a carnival barker. Stay away!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I took sometime away from OkC. After 18 months I attempted to login only to find out my account had been suspended. Emails went unreplied to. Instead they prefer to take the stance of "if you don't know what you did, we're not going to tell you." A wonderful customer service stance. I was a paying member for years. Met some nice people. Some relationships last a while (hence my time away from the site) and others were one off dates. Nothing terrible ever happened. They are not a transparent company. Apparently, it doesn't take much for them to drop the hammer and they refuse to be accountable.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I live between two metro areas, OKCupid Dating has exhausted matches for me after three days of a paid membership. I keep getting a, "We're sorry we seem to be low on matches" message. I contacted OKCupid and the reply I received told me to reset my matches I had passed on. Why would anyone want to see matches that they already vetted. In my opinion OKCupid was a total waste of MONEY!!!

OkCupid.com Company Information