Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.78/5

OkCupid.com Reviews

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Ok so I try out this online dating site called OkCupid. It seems like an legitimate site. I've only been on the site for about two days and even paid for an upgrade. So I reach out and try to contact as many women on this site as possible. Isn't this what we're supposed to be doing anyway? Haha. My only crime is I copied and pasted the same message to everyone. Please forgive me it saves some time! Haha. This is my message. "Hi there beautiful girl. How are you? I seem to have lost my heart somewhere. Could you possibly help me find it?" Wow that's an really terrible message. I never used any profanity nor did I ever harass anyone and yet I was suspended for this? What kind of dating website are these people trying to run here? I suggest everyone stay far away from this site. It's just another scam trying to obtain customers' money and little else!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

They used to be one of the best but they're now one of the worsts. They'll ban people even for no reason and won't tell you why you're banned. I've seen stories online where people paid for the site and got banned not long after. Ever since they got bought out by the owner of Match.com, they have gotten bad.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I got inexplicably banned from the site when I had done absolutely nothing wrong. I had been on it only a couple of weeks (had just paid for the service) and hadn’t really found any guys I really liked so I had barely communicated with anyone beyond maybe a "hello how is your week" kind of convo (not too creative of me I know). Nothing remotely offensive was said. My profile it pretty innocuous with nothing remotely offensive. I tried to email but they say in the email they won’t say why you are banned. All I can guess is some dude was pissed I was ignoring him so reported me maybe? Or my account got hacked? But since they won’t communicate with you and won’t let you back in to the site I have no idea. I would like to at least verify my account wasn’t hacked so I know if I need to change passwords elsewhere. Honestly, use a different dating app. This one seems to just take your money and provides no customer service report.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Are they posting profiles of women no longer active on the site? I'm pretty sure they are. Most sites let you search by members who are online and most tell you the last time a member logged-on. Not OKcupid. I've received significantly fewer responses here than on 4 other sites I've joined in the past using the same pics and profile. I think they're a bit of a scam.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I want to start this off by saying OKCupid was one of the better apps for online dating as there were far fewer bots and people that actually talked. I was a paying member for about 4 years until one day after talking about video games with a new match, I woke up the next morning to a message saying your account has been suspended for violating our terms of service. This confused me greatly as I only message matches a couple of times a month with very simple hello messages asking about a hobby, interest, or pet. I never say anything offensive, harassing, lewd, provocative, or otherwise creepy or ban-worthy, and yet here I was.

I tried looking up to see what this suspension meant, and that is actually code for your account has been deleted... permanently. I tried contacting their support through email, and they responded saying they don't deal with claims about suspensions. I tried looking it up, and sure enough, there is a long history of people getting banned for no reason and never finding out why. This to me seemed very odd, especially since OKCupid has a paid option. If I, as a customer, want to pay for their service, I can get banned for no reason and no appeal, and, better yet, I can make a new free account and try all over again.

I would never pay again as they could easily ban me again and just take my money (as has happened to many people), so essentially, their business model promotes the creation of free accounts and promotes short loyalty of its customers... That doesn't sound very supportive, does it? So I'd say, if you don't care about meeting girls at the risk of being banned for no reason right when you actually get in contact with someone, then sure, use OKCupid, but every time you go to sleep might be the last time that you still have an account with this cutthroat company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OkCupid.com?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I spent $60 for their 6-month subscription service, not just I've never got a date, they don't even have a "live agent" to answer your question(s), offer you an advice or even allow you to make a comment but just a fixed commonly asked question page. I don't know what kind online dating is this which's "useless" and "waste of money"!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

OKC is simply not worth your time and effort. People are using other apps to hook up with credible people. Okc has deleted 4 accounts due to alleged violation of terms. Wrote to them, they never responded, deleted my account for no reason. Here's what I have found, despite their overzealous deletions the quality of matches has reduced over the years. Lots of guys on there act worse than if they were on a ** site. So guess what? I found a ** site with better matches???? You have become obsolete OK Cupid just like Plenty of Fish. I do personally think this site is a front for prostitution and human trafficking, I think they need to be investigated and banned. Let's see how they like their own medicine.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I had been an OkCupid user since 2012 and had never had any real problems. (Plenty of aggravations though.) Now, suddenly, I'm banned and of course they don't respond as to why. And yes I did manage to find their email address but they don't make that easy. Apparently they are complete cowards when it comes to dealing with actual humans. (lol) I know I didn't do anything wrong and based on what I'm reading on here apparently I'm not the only one. OkCupid used to be a pretty good site but over the last few years they have steadily gone downhill with all the ridiculous changes and their increasingly hyper-politically-correct attitude.

You can get around their silly little bans, and yes, I did. But it's the same old monotonous crap and I have finally decided they are just no longer worth wasting my time on.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I would not recommend okCupid for “mainstream” dating. I was very surprised about the level of personal questions and even more surprised that people answer them. These are very intimate questions that would generally be shared with the right person in the right setting. Some may find the content offensive or at the very least be astonished at people answering having such private questions associated with your profile/pic. These questions are optional, but I found that most men answered many of the questions to the point I found it a turn-off. Then there were too many extra-marital/third party seekers who I couldn’t stop from popping up in my feed.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

\Was using the site just for fun, not actually interested in finding a long term date. But ended up randomly deciding to go on a date (mostly to get a free meal) with a guy that I had predetermined I wasn't interested in because he was not my type...and now we have been together for 3 years. I don't think that the website's algorithm was good about matching us, just got lucky that we were a good match.

OkCupid.com Company Information