2.90/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

OkCupid.com

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

249 OkCupid.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 29, 2019

This site used to be pretty good many years ago with fairly decent looking people but now unfortunately it has gone downhill with not a good selection of many profiles worth responding to. We have unfortunately come to a time now that you just can't write a straightforward thoughtful message anymore to any profile at the least is remotely decent to give the benefit. Now you swipe for "likes" which isn't very effective useful feature.

To make matters worse for the women out there such as myself, I have never in my life seen so many UNATTRACTIVE DESPICABLE DISGUSTING looking men in my life. I cringe at these profiles at how they pose for pictures without a care in the world. From taking horrible shots of themselves with fish, dolphins, farm animals, groups of people where you have to guess for which person, you name it, I've seen it.

These dumpy looking men have absolutely no care in the world how they present themselves or make effort to attract their profiles worth even looking at. These men are 20 years older than their actual age, fat, bald, "goat looking creatures" with yellow facial hair, homely, desperate looking and just plain HORRIBLE AND DISGUSTING. Gone are the days and years gone by where men used to be nice and handsome looking. Wish me luck PLEASE!

Original review: April 27, 2019

I used to use OkCupid for many years, until my account was suddenly deleted/banned. I opened a new account but after 2 days that one got banned too. I tried to communicate it with the customer service, however I've never received a reply from them and still can't log in. It used to be the best dating site, but they have gone too far with blocking really good profiles.

Original review: April 16, 2019

OkCupid is a terrible website and company. They are constantly closing my accounts for alleged violations, but then they invite me to contact them if I think this is an error (which it is). But they don't provide any way to contact them. I just opened a fresh account, and had not even used it, but was soon told it was closed for a violation. Lol. I managed to locate their email Address from another website, but they have never once replied to my messages. They actually do not offer any support, and the website does not work properly.

Original review: April 12, 2019

A discriminating, disgusting, offensive site made by leftists. Banned my account for reporting an offensive, violent harassment of another user horrible messages. After that report my account was banned!!!! Instead of protecting my account from criminals, they put illegal criminal behavior on pedestal. This elements are pathetic. They cover bad, horrible offensive behavior. Never answer any e-mails or requests. This site must be banned. Burn in hell, dumb site "owners." They need to be investigated for illegal activities!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I had an account where I reported a stranger for sending unsolicited harassing messages. My account was then deleted by OkCupid. It is not safe for women—there is no good moderation. Steer clear of this site.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OkCupid.com?

Original review: April 8, 2019

Although I've been a user for years, suddenly I was told "username/password incorrect" every time I tried to log in, even though I knew perfectly well that they weren't. I hadn't done anything wrong or offended anyone. Complaints to OKC were useless. I've lost all sorts of friendly conversations and contacts. I rejoined anyway with a new profile but now cannot even access bookmarked profiles. OkCupid is becoming an unsatisfactory experience.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I was on OKC a few years ago, and during that time I got an email from OKC saying that they were going to start matching me with men who were attractive because I had so many likes (see the message below). I was even selected by OKC to be on the panel that reviewed inappropriate content. Then...I met someone and made the mistake of deleting my account. That relationship did not work out, so one year later I got back on OKC with a NEW account.

Now, I am having such a bad experience. Where I used to get many men interested in me who I thought were attractive, now I only get matched with what I consider to be very unattractive men. I don't mean moderately unattractive... I mean very unattractive. I have not had a single date with anyone in the 3 months that I've been back on because of the quality of men I'm matched with. I wish I had not paid for the 6 month subscription, but when it expires, I am done with OKC! I am not happy with how the algorithm is working for me.

This is the message I got from OKC in 2017: "We just detected that you’re now among the most attractive people on OkCupid. We learned this from clicks to your profile and reactions to you in DoubleTake. Did you get a new haircut or something? Well, it’s working! To celebrate, we’ve adjusted your OkCupid experience: You’ll see more attractive people in your results. This won’t affect your match percentages, which are still based purely on your answers and desired match’s answers. But we’ll recommend more attractive people to you. You’ll also appear more often to other attractive people. Sign in to see your newly-shuffled matches. Have fun, and don’t let this go to your head."

Original review: March 19, 2019

Banned me numerous times for absolutely no reason. Discriminative and offensive leftist site. Does not bother to reply to my emails. Terrible experience, the staff has zero respect towards their customers. Lots of bot accounts used to increase the number of "users". See you in court.

Original review: March 13, 2019

The woman has all the power to read or not read your message. Women can send males messages but they won't see men's messages unless they want to. The women on this website know they have the power and they abuse it by treating the men like crap. Also if a woman don't like a man for whatever reason all she has to do is make a false report (true or not) and the man will be kicked off/banned from the site.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Compared to other dating sites, I think OkCupid has the greatest potential of all of them, even if it's only a LITTLE better. There ARE real humans on it who DO actually message you, and you DON'T need to pay for a subscription to use it. Unfortunately, there aren't that many people using OkCupid, so keep that in mind. It probably only has a tenth of the population that other dating sites have, and the majority of the users are ** or ** people. Not many Asians, but there are some. I've used OkCupid on and off for a few months, with and without paid subscriptions, and I did get a few real, human people responding (but less than a dozen in total). The entire site works off of a "DoubleTake" system, which is completely free. Paying doesn't even influence the system in any beneficial way for you. (I even think that paying makes your matches WORSE.)

Paying for a subscription basically gives you two benefits: You get thrown to the top of the matches list for an hour or so everyday when other users go through DoubleTake, and you can see one-sided likes from other users (like in Tinder), which is really not all that meaningful anyway because of how DoubleTake works. The DoubleTake system is basically the same thing as Tinder's swipe system, except that you can send your likes messages (if you view their profile and send them). Your messages show up as part of YOUR profile when the person you liked comes across you in DoubleTake.

If you're looking for a genuinely FREE dating site that DOES work and you have the patience to sift through totally random matches, try OkCupid. You don't need to pay for it, and honestly, I don't recommend doing so since you won't gain much out of it anyway. OkCupid's probably the only site out there that doesn't gate people from sending messages.

OkCupid.com Company Information