Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.81/5

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

OkCupid.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OkCupid.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about OkCupid.com?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

My subscription got renewed by mistake, the page for canceling is not even available! It’s very disrespectful, I tried to cancel right away, it was impossible. In other sites it’s simple and easy to cancel your subscription.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

OKCupid is the most gynocentric dating app of all time, lol. Even the "artsy" promos are propaganda. The female models showcase their caricatured "partners" like accessories. Really. They throw in trendy social justice issues as soon as they are "in", but there is a clear subtext to their posturing that one sex is more important than the other. (Hint: the dominant sex is not the one they get the most money from...) OKCupid wants guys to know that shirtless bathroom selfies are tacky, but 20 year old bikini pics are allowable for women. Those who sell sex are intrinsically more moral than those who buy it...even though the buyers' dollars are welcome all the same. They make it VERY difficult to stop paying automatically.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

STAY AWAY FROM OK Cupid. If you’re on long enough you can tell less than 3 pics with less than 15 answered questions is a fake profile. If you search further on other also reputable reviews, some articles claim their employees make fake profiles to match better with zero results or connections. Their match algorithms work, but with as many fake profiles and lack of verification it’s virtually worthless. This techniques are against US federal law and I am seriously bringing this to the attention of the US District Court in the Southern District of New York For consumer fraud

Furthermore, I had an issue with “faulty verification” with my account. I sent a support message requesting assistance. To this day, over a month later, I haven’t received one email from them asking how they can assist me. When I did make a new email account, I couldn’t delete my old account. Furthermore, the changed the whole app dynamics, 10 free “likes/first messages”, new fee structures, unable to browse in the age, ethnicity, religion or location you request. This app has truly gone downhill and is only looking out for advertising dollars and your recurring fees and not the consumer.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I filed a BBB against OK Cupid to ask how can I delete my own photo. OK Cupid responded that I can't? It's because when you delete your account, they steal your photo to make FAKE profiles. Have you ever seen those one photo that comes across your "Likes" or "Non-Likes." Those are the photos that they steal when you delete your profile to make their own FALSE profiles to entice users to join. They are owned by Match and they've always been a fraudulent company. You email someone on OK Cupid and they don't respond? It's a FAKE profile that OK Cupid created to reel you in to paying for their dating service. I've been on for 6 months and not ONE email or date. 120 "LIKES" but no one emails?

Original review: June 7, 2020

This dating app wasn't my favorite. I felt like it was the easiest to use, and there were many available people, but the quality of the people on the app were terrible. I think it would be better if it were more exclusive, that way, people can more readily connect with people of quality versus quantity. In other words, this app attracted the lowest of the low. Because it was free, that's a huge plus, but besides that I'm not sure this would be the go to app that I would recommend.

Original review: May 30, 2020

This site has become full of scammers, and the unfortunate part is the people who are running this site don’t see the bullying done by these scammers on the general public. Scammers will make inappropriate comments as they are forcing people to go on their unsolicited sites and pay for the sexual services. The site does not look into harassment done by these scammers and try to penalize innocent people. I think it is better to get away from this site and look for one that takes care of ethical practices and conduct.

Original review: May 29, 2020

This app/biz is sneaky! They trick you with small print when you sign up, make it sound free. They can email you everyday to promote but can't email you when they are about to charge you for another 6 months! Shady business. Then there are the terrible prospects! Most of the men on this site are looking for a hookup. The profiles and photos they are allowed to post are ridiculous! I wish I had canceled long ago, but was just busy and let it slide not thinking they would just charge me again!

Original review: May 28, 2020

It cost way too much for what is offered. Most of the matches they find are all several hours away from my location. Haven't seen a local matches in months. I believe that if they don't find you a match, they continue to make money from those who continue to buy memberships.

Original review: May 27, 2020

OkCupid.com is the worst dating site both myself and everyone I know has used. First, it allows anyone to message you, even if you don't match. Second, the type of men I have encountered as a single woman are the most disgusting individuals I have ever encountered. The messages both myself and one of my friends received made us feel unsafe and disgusted. As a result, I highly recommend OkCupid.com revamps their user experience, especially for single women.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Absolute joke of an app. Got banned for no reason whatsoever. My profile hasn't changed in 1.5 years and I barely talked to anymore lately and if I do, I never sent something offensive. Ridiculous app.

OkCupid.com Company Information