3.6/5 (157 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About OkCupid.com

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

OkCupid.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OkCupid.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OkCupid.com?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

It ıs very big trash company that tried to defraud me. Stole my money and also they cancelled my premium account. I need help and they said, "Okay we start refund process of your money." Gave me a fake refund number, I asked my bank. They said there is no refund process from OkCupid. Also they don't care about my mail.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I use the OKcupid app for a couple of months now. A few hits but not one who is talking back. And when you’re not a paying user you will get likes a lot but of course you can’t see them. You need to pay. Every time I take a payment for a month the likes are gone. 2 days ago I paid for the third time for a month and what happened? You’ve guessed right, no more likes. Not recommendable this app.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Ok so I try out this online dating site called OkCupid. It seems like an legitimate site. I've only been on the site for about two days and even paid for an upgrade. So I reach out and try to contact as many women on this site as possible. Isn't this what we're supposed to be doing anyway? Haha. My only crime is I copied and pasted the same message to everyone. Please forgive me it saves some time! Haha. This is my message. "Hi there beautiful girl. How are you? I seem to have lost my heart somewhere. Could you possibly help me find it?" Wow that's an really terrible message. I never used any profanity nor did I ever harass anyone and yet I was suspended for this? What kind of dating website are these people trying to run here? I suggest everyone stay far away from this site. It's just another scam trying to obtain customers' money and little else!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

They used to be one of the best but they're now one of the worsts. They'll ban people even for no reason and won't tell you why you're banned. I've seen stories online where people paid for the site and got banned not long after. Ever since they got bought out by the owner of Match.com, they have gotten bad.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I got inexplicably banned from the site when I had done absolutely nothing wrong. I had been on it only a couple of weeks (had just paid for the service) and hadn’t really found any guys I really liked so I had barely communicated with anyone beyond maybe a "hello how is your week" kind of convo (not too creative of me I know). Nothing remotely offensive was said. My profile it pretty innocuous with nothing remotely offensive. I tried to email but they say in the email they won’t say why you are banned. All I can guess is some dude was pissed I was ignoring him so reported me maybe? Or my account got hacked? But since they won’t communicate with you and won’t let you back in to the site I have no idea. I would like to at least verify my account wasn’t hacked so I know if I need to change passwords elsewhere. Honestly, use a different dating app. This one seems to just take your money and provides no customer service report.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Are they posting profiles of women no longer active on the site? I'm pretty sure they are. Most sites let you search by members who are online and most tell you the last time a member logged-on. Not OKcupid. I've received significantly fewer responses here than on 4 other sites I've joined in the past using the same pics and profile. I think they're a bit of a scam.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I want to start this off by saying OKCupid was one of the better apps for online dating as there were far fewer bots and people that actually talked. I was a paying member for about 4 years until one day after talking about video games with a new match, I woke up the next morning to a message saying your account has been suspended for violating our terms of service. This confused me greatly as I only message matches a couple of times a month with very simple hello messages asking about a hobby, interest, or pet. I never say anything offensive, harassing, lewd, provocative, or otherwise creepy or ban-worthy, and yet here I was.

I tried looking up to see what this suspension meant, and that is actually code for your account has been deleted... permanently. I tried contacting their support through email, and they responded saying they don't deal with claims about suspensions. I tried looking it up, and sure enough, there is a long history of people getting banned for no reason and never finding out why. This to me seemed very odd, especially since OKCupid has a paid option. If I, as a customer, want to pay for their service, I can get banned for no reason and no appeal, and, better yet, I can make a new free account and try all over again.

I would never pay again as they could easily ban me again and just take my money (as has happened to many people), so essentially, their business model promotes the creation of free accounts and promotes short loyalty of its customers... That doesn't sound very supportive, does it? So I'd say, if you don't care about meeting girls at the risk of being banned for no reason right when you actually get in contact with someone, then sure, use OKCupid, but every time you go to sleep might be the last time that you still have an account with this cutthroat company.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I spent $60 for their 6-month subscription service, not just I've never got a date, they don't even have a "live agent" to answer your question(s), offer you an advice or even allow you to make a comment but just a fixed commonly asked question page. I don't know what kind online dating is this which's "useless" and "waste of money"!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

OKC is simply not worth your time and effort. People are using other apps to hook up with credible people. Okc has deleted 4 accounts due to alleged violation of terms. Wrote to them, they never responded, deleted my account for no reason. Here's what I have found, despite their overzealous deletions the quality of matches has reduced over the years. Lots of guys on there act worse than if they were on a ** site. So guess what? I found a ** site with better matches???? You have become obsolete OK Cupid just like Plenty of Fish. I do personally think this site is a front for prostitution and human trafficking, I think they need to be investigated and banned. Let's see how they like their own medicine.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I started using OKCupid when I was 63. It was recommended by a woman I met through another site. I was attracted to it because it is free, which seems to greatly increase the number of people using it. I live about 60 miles from a major metro area and 10 miles from a medium city. I created a detailed profile, answered hundreds of their questions and added explanations to many of them. I posted several photos. I was surprised and pleased at how many women I heard from, met in person, and went out with, not only the numbers but their suitability as potential partners. I heeded the site's match rating, and found that it was an excellent gauge of likely compatibility. With one or two exceptions, the ~40 women I met through OKC and went out with in a bit over 3 years were great companions and many remain friends. I found an exceptional one who lived nearby, and we have been living together blissfully for five years.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

The date game online is a wonderful experience for me. It is good for my ego as well as it lets me make good friends if not for a relationship. It is fun for me and the people that you can hit up and chat with from anywhere in the world is amazing. I love the fact that you can delete as well as connect. Wonderful, and very exciting to me, I am a people person, so it is so right for me.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I had been an OkCupid user since 2012 and had never had any real problems. (Plenty of aggravations though.) Now, suddenly, I'm banned and of course they don't respond as to why. And yes I did manage to find their email address but they don't make that easy. Apparently they are complete cowards when it comes to dealing with actual humans. (lol) I know I didn't do anything wrong and based on what I'm reading on here apparently I'm not the only one. OkCupid used to be a pretty good site but over the last few years they have steadily gone downhill with all the ridiculous changes and their increasingly hyper-politically-correct attitude.

You can get around their silly little bans, and yes, I did. But it's the same old monotonous crap and I have finally decided they are just no longer worth wasting my time on.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I would not recommend okCupid for “mainstream” dating. I was very surprised about the level of personal questions and even more surprised that people answer them. These are very intimate questions that would generally be shared with the right person in the right setting. Some may find the content offensive or at the very least be astonished at people answering having such private questions associated with your profile/pic. These questions are optional, but I found that most men answered many of the questions to the point I found it a turn-off. Then there were too many extra-marital/third party seekers who I couldn’t stop from popping up in my feed.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

\Was using the site just for fun, not actually interested in finding a long term date. But ended up randomly deciding to go on a date (mostly to get a free meal) with a guy that I had predetermined I wasn't interested in because he was not my type...and now we have been together for 3 years. I don't think that the website's algorithm was good about matching us, just got lucky that we were a good match.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Too many Africans from Nigeria and Ghana on the site claiming to be who they are not. The app is so totally open to dating fraud. The website is inundated with 411 dating scams. I would advise people not to use it.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I met my husband through Ok Cupid after only a few months and a few dates with other people. I was happy with the site overall. Of course there are some creepy guys on there but that's likely everywhere.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I had used other sites before and OkCupid had more people in my area. You could also tell if they were new or had been on there a long time. I met my fiance there. You could post multiple pics. Price wasn't bad either.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I found it to be geared more toward a sex partner. Too many questions about sex. Also matching wasn’t good. On several occasions it matched me with someone who was the opposite of the parameters I had chosen. A lot of fake profiles and scams.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Lots of scammers on okCupid. I had to report about 30% of my matches. They use fake profiles and then try to get you to move to an online chat room/hang out. I became so leery that I left the app.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Little did I know 4 yrs ago my love life would transform into where it is now, present day. In 2 weeks from the moment as I'm writing this, I will marry the love of my universe in whom I met from the ok cupid app. Within the first week of conversing on ok cupid we scheduled our first date. Since the first date went well, we then scheduled a 2nd. I knew I had fell completely in love and admired every part of her soul and being. Ok Cupid was perfect with our match!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

We both feel that our matches weren't necessarily picked got us as much as just picked for location. My husband and I met when he was matched with one of my terrible friends, not me. Otherwise I met some nice alcoholics.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Following a divorce, I found myself trying to date again but with absolutely no experience online dating. When I got married and exited the singles scene, most online “dating” sites were just hook up sites and kind of something people kept to themselves. Tried Tinder but thought it was silly. Tried Match and found it to be people just hooking up.

I read an article on The Drudge Report around this time reporting that a new dating site (i.e., OkCupid) that allowed premium members to sort potential mates by weight. I never paid for a premium membership and never used the function, but it got me to the app where I met my wonderful wife of five years. We have in that time spawned a wonderful two year old son. On our 2nd anniversary, we contacted OkCupid and asked if they had our old chat transcripts (we both had long since deleted our accounts). An OkCupid rep emailed the transcripts to us and we spent that evening on the porch drinking fancy IPAs and laughing and loving. That’s our story.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I really liked OkCupid. After being a member on that site for about a year I found my soulmate so I can't complain. You can make a nice profile and answer questions about your personality or thoughts on things to see how compatible you are with other members.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I signed in for this site over 2 years ago. After staying there a few mos, I did freeze my membership about a year and then reactivated it. However, after keeping it opened for a couple months, they suddenly closed my account without giving any kind of explanation. I filed a complaint against them. On their very short response, they were saying they were unable to reopen the account and were also not able to explain the reasons why they closed the account. The funniest part was the name of agent who was writing the response was partially disclosed. Demi and no last name! Bad people. Stay away..

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I submitted feedback wondering why they removed the ability to 'rewind' on their "double take" feature, which allows you to go back if you accidentally swipe left on someone. The goal of a dating site should be to make meeting potential partners easier, not harder. I said this and they responded with: "We're so glad you're enjoying our new feature!" Either this was a generic response, or it was a sarcastic jab showing how little they care about customers.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I signed up for three months - and after just a few weeks was told my account had been suspended. For what? I asked. No answer. There is zero customer service and nobody ever gets back to you. They bait you into signing up for the paid service and then cancel you for no reason. I did absolutely nothing to justify being cancelled. I am going to contact the BBB as well as American Express, which I used to pay for the service. In my opinion, this company is a huge rip off!

Original review: July 30, 2019

I used OkCupid years ago and there were some decent people on there and I even met a few. Now, a few years later, I decided to try it again after moving to the Montreal\Ottawa area. I signed up and immediately. Had profile after profile of very attractive females in my area appearing in front of me. There were TONS of members in Montreal and Ottawa and in between. I decided to pay for the Premium A-List account so that I could search for the criteria I wanted. Not one profile came up. I was really surprised.

I slowly started to make my search more and more broad and there were still only a handful of members that had been on the site within the last month. It's clearly a scam. When you first enter the site, they show you profiles from people that have probably not used the site in a very long time, but they don't tell you that. I noticed that unlike in the past, there is no way to know when the last date someone logged in. I think this site is dying and they have resorted to desperate measures. Save your money and move on. I asked PayPal for a refund and waiting on their answer.

Original review: July 8, 2019

You can sign up for OkCupid for free. On the free account you'll get lots of likes but to see those likes you have to pay. Once you pay, things slow down to a crawl and you are lucky to get another like. For that matter, OkCupid keeps hitting you up for boosting your rating after you become a member. So the scam is simple. When you are a free member send lots of likes. You pay to see those likes. After you pay the likes stop and now OkCupid keeps asking you to pay (they call it a boost) to get ranked higher so they see your profile. NOT WORTH IT.

Original review: June 3, 2019

This site will FALSELY state that you have (for example) 100 plus likes. This only to FALSELY have you pay them fees to actually see your likes. SURPRISE!! You only have 12-15 likes! Mostly with no photos... But "Thank You for your Credit Card Information and we have falsified your amount likes to take your money"!! Stay away form this crooked dating site at all costs.

Original review: May 16, 2019

This is the worst dating site I've ever been on and it's so so overrated that I'm pretty sure people who write positive five star reviews were paid by the company themselves. As soon as you sign up, your account will often be automatically suspended as they "review" it, however, if you don't contact them about it, they'll never restore it. And even if you do, they probably won't restore it either. Even if it's been restored, you're going to be suspended again, again, and again, for literally no reason. This is an exclusive site for a circle of special people that the moderators personally approve of.

If they don't like you, you simply will be rejected, for whatever reason they think of (you'll never know the reason, since there is none actually). They ask a lot of questions, and if they don't like your answers or personal opinion on things, again, you'll get suspended. It will be disguised as "violation of the terms of service". Don't bother using this site, the staff won't help you. It's utterly useless. That's the "democracy" and "equality" they're so proud of promoting.

OkCupid.com Company Information