2. Miscellaneous

Classmates.com formerly Memory Lane

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

Classmates.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Beware of this website. It will automatically enroll you in a renewal. I didn't even have the same credit card number. When I called them they said they had a no return policy and I knew it would be going through because they sent an email a month ago. No email was ever sent. It's a scam to collect 48.00 a pop from the consumer.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Customer service is nonexistent...can't find a phone number, the directions for closing the account don't work; you send a message on the details of your problem thru their website and you get an instantaneous message telling you to do what you just told them didn't work!! Stay away from this site....

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

No advanced notification for the automatic renewal to allow cancellation of membership. They just keep charging your card and raising the membership fee.

Very deceptive business practices. Customer service is almost non-existent. The phone number listed just goes to voice mail. Steer clear of this website.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

My credit card was charged membership fees for 2 years even though my Classmates account had been expired last year. I could only email the support team because I couldn't find a phone number on their site anywhere. They gave confusing information. First, they couldn't find the credit card it was charged to, tried to tell me it may be a family member using my card. Wrong. Then they reversed this year's $48 charge and the next day told me it was not refunded by Classmates.com, but by my bank. My bank said it was refunded by the merchant. Do you guys know what you're doing over there?!

The $39 charge from last year (which I only discovered this year) is just my loss, they refuse to refund it even though my account was expired all of last year. I asked how I can be sure this won't happen next year and was advised the credit card information has been deleted from my Classmates account. So, I guess they were able to find my credit card information after all. You can bet I'll be looking for a charge from them next year. I am not satisfied with the outcome. Do not buy this membership as a one-time or auto-renew because they will take your money each year regardless. Terrible company!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Received a notice that Classmates.com had withdrawn $18 from my PayPal Account for some type of recurring billing (in the 10 years that I have been a member I was never charged a cent). Phone calls to their office and extended conversations with their staff resulted in a refund (and my ending my free membership)....but the very fact that it took heated conversations, my refusal to accept their scripted answers to serious questions, and in the end I had to play my "I'm an old man on social security" card to get them to act human is disgusting. I've never had a problem with them before....but they've never reached into my bank account before and removed my money. It's a great service to remind old people like myself of their school days....but it's just plain awful to take our money and then act like they are doing us a favor when they issue a refund.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Updated on 10/08/2019: I purchased a three month trial membership and there was no email to request continued membership or notification of renewal date . I found a charge on my bank statement, the same day the draw was initiated. I immediately contacted customer service for a cancellation and refund request. No response. I sent a second request, no response. I contacted the BBB and filed a complaint. Only then did I receive a response with a statement: “we are issuing a refund.” I would not recommend any membership with this organization.

Original Review: I was billed for the next quarter of membership that I did not know was being billed, did not want this service, and the customer service department would not respond to my request for refund. Do not purchase a membership. They will not respond or will not refund any unauthorized payments.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

My friend, who is gravely ill and was a member, called to cancel his membership earlier this year, sometime in January or February. Acting as his caregiver and power of attorney, I noticed a charge on his August bank statement, where Classmates.com had charged his account. I called and spoke to a young lady to explain that he had canceled previously and this was not a justified charge. She said she would "be sure to cancel" his membership which should have been done the first time he called, but she would not refund the erroneous charge. I also followed up with this company by email. To date, I have received no response. My next step is to file a complaint with the FTC if I don't hear back that this issue has been resolved. This has left a really bad impression of this company.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I can’t believe they are able to lure anyone into this service. Everything they offer is online for free, including contacts with former classmates! I use social media and former classmates and friends contact me all the time. Why should I use Classmates.com!

Original review: July 2, 2019

I did the free account hoping to connect to old classmates. 2 days later I get a Classmates email, "You have 2 visits to your site..." To make a long story short I checked who these people were, they were not even from my class or city. This is a very common scam where the people of the site make your email seem to appear that you have mail that is from a classmate when in fact it's just to get you to pay so you can view the messages as they are locked till you pay.. An old trick in the scam book. They took me for 7.50. No more..Classmates is a complete SCAM....I'm contacting the Illinois Attorney General.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I signed up on Classmates.com on June 2 less than 1 full day and paid a 3 month "special". I didn't find it to be anything much and decided I wanted a refund and to cancel. They tell you to turn off automatic renewal and that guarantees that I won't be renewed. I used less than 1 hour total for less than 24 hours. They responded one time taking my 7.50 and stating to turn off auto renewal but no mention of a refund. I wrote and told them I wanted a refund but no response after 6 hours so far. It's only 7.50 but that's not the point. The point is the site is nothing. It's useless I found and couldn't connect with hardly anyone. I graduated with a class of over 400 kids and less than 170 were on Classmates. It wasn't what it claimed to be. This totally stinks that they keep your money even when you're on 1 hour total, split trying to see what it's all about. It's nothing..useless. I want my money back! Scammers.

Classmates.com Company Information