Classmates.com formerly Memory Lane

1.2/5 (533 ratings)

About Classmates.com

Classmates.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Updated on 02/02/2022: This is an update to my previous review. Josephina Miaetta ** has been blocked on all social media platforms. Classmates.com acknowledged that she has a permanent ban on the site. Unfortunately, the stalking still happened and interrupted my life. Your site has some serious issues! I had to threatened to take further steps to have this situation resolved. Some people like to blame others for their life mistakes, and if they are emotionally disturbed, this can be frightening. I can't be on classmates because of a crazy lady stalker from 1981.

Original Review: I was on Classmates for awhile, until recently, I started being stalked by a crazy person from middle school, yes, you read that right! This person was harassing me from site to site. Most sites offer a block button, not classmates! Too much to ask! After days of this happening by a strange woman named Josephine, Josephina, Jo, Miaetta **. Mind you, I even changed my name to avoid this person! I did finally get in touch with someone who was able to deactivate my account. Classmates did do a follow-up, that person was nice.

Enter Peggy **! Peggy doesn't return calls. Peggy doesn't answer emails, not sure what Peggy does, nothing is my guess! I did ask if this stalker was removed from classmates. I was told that an investigation was happening, as I sent every derogatory email I received to cm! I was also informed that because of privacy, I would not be informed of the results of the investigation! Her privacy! Her privacy! Are you serious? What about my privacy, my life? I guess only a stalker has rights, not the person she threatened or harassed! Peggy is a joke at her job, so is classmates.com. This is the 3rd time I have had an issue with this person and this site! The last too! Update your site and add a privacy button, some people need to stay in the past for a reason!

Original review: July 6, 2021

Not a subscriber of Classmates.com I keep getting profile visit updates from the site. Though, the names of the visitors are blurred I can partially make out the names by the number of letters. What I find interesting, I see the same blurred names whenever I check a new profile update. Same names when I advance to another page. I suspect classmates.com is padding the numbers with fake visitors to get me to signup. I sent feedback to classmates but they don't reply is the response.

Resolution response: April 5, 2021

Email to reset password was eventually sent. That does not explain why the password stopped. I will update in a 60 days if cancellation worked and my card is not charged.

Original review: April 3, 2021

Like everyone else, signed up for a 3 month and when I go to stop the auto deduct that will happen in a month or so, I get the PASSWORD doesn't work NONSENSE. My password is autosave and is the same on every website. They are SCAMMERS. They won't get another penny from me. I will cancel the credit card. Simple math. They will NOT send you a password reset link either. Class action lawsuit anyone?

Original review: March 16, 2021

Classmates.com allows users to "unlike" photographs of other members of the site. This allows petty, spiritually and emotionally underdeveloped individuals to express their dislike for a fellow classmate or alumnus of their high school. What a ridiculous feature to allow on a social media site! It seems as though Classmates.com is attempting to engender and promote the same idiotic, "clique-oriented" environment as existed so very many forgotten years ago in high school, working to the detriment of those who have moved on in maturity and wisdom from their naive high school days and working to the advantage of those petty, regressed "popular" kids who express their envy and prejudice through the Classmates.com site by checking off the "unlike" button associated with the photograph of a classmate.

I decided to remove my profile from the Classmates.com site because I don't need or want to put up with the retarded, immature silliness of certain classmates and also the site sponsors, who are themselves oblivious to the rights and privacy of their subscribers. Advice to Classmates.com - Remove the "Unlike" buttons from photographs of your subscribers. Don't give them the opportunity to disgrace and demean other members of their class. This isn't high school anymore.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I cancelled my subscription in 2019 and was actually charged on January 9, 2020 and again on February 5, 2021 even though I do not have a card on file. How am I charged after cancellation/no card on file? I even contacted them after the 2020 charge and they verified it was cancelled but it is not.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

This site won't let you see your own classmates photos of their graduation year. Messed up and waste of money. I thought this would be fun but is not, more like frustrating. The site is just a money making site.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I canceled my membership over a year ago. Yesterday morning I was billed $48 through PayPal automatic payments. Even though I never authorized the automatic payments, PayPal refused to file a dispute. Classmates put me on the automatic payments AFTER I had canceled. Calls to Classmates resulted in being on hold only to be disconnected after 15 minutes. Three times! Emails have been ignored. I went to my profile page and wrote the complaint to let anyone viewing my page they are thieves and totally ignoring me. Maybe I will need to contact the BBB or the local police station in Washington.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Tried to cancel hour after signing up because of claims they made weren’t true. PayPal would not cancel transaction. Don’t have a Facebook account so can’t access the items they claim I could do. Were not upfront about what the whole thing entails. Basically they take your money and run.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I ordered a yearbook from them. I was quite excited. I thought that the yearbook on their site was an example. I received the yearbook. To my dismay it is a yearbook from Mount Vernon, Ohio. I contacted Classmates. They don't give refunds or do exchanges. I am totally dismayed and upset. My suggestion. Don't go on their site at all.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I haven’t been scammed by them or anything, I signed up for a free trial just to check the site out, and surprisingly wasn’t charged anything (yet...)! Knowing the reputation, I was fully expecting to be. However, the site is basically useless. I don’t know if it’s coded improperly for mobile browsers (the only ones I’ve used it on), but most of the links merely take you back to your own main profile page, not to the page you intended.

There’s really no way to browse the schools, not that was working for me; I’m using an iPhone 11 Pro Max, maybe it works on older phones? I do doubt it, though. I would click a link to, say, a school’s name, and it would just dump me back to my own profile. Want to check out a yearbook? Too bad; back to your profile. Even when I try looking through my own profile to see which schools I’ve listed, it keeps dumping me back to the main profile page! I remember even the free version letting you look through the lists of users. What happened? Did I lose this feature by paying for the service? Why!?

I think the constant shifts in focus and direction have crippled the coding of the site, nothing works as intended, or at least works in a fashion the average user would reasonably expect to be intended. Oh, slight bit of screwing: Even though I had a free trial, and it claimed it wouldn’t sign me up for autobilling, it did. Luckily I had assumed it would, it was the first thing I checked, so I stopped it. My free trial hasn’t expired yet, I’ll find out if they autorenew me anyway in, like, February, or something. Waste of time, waste of money, even for free. The novelty of what it claims to offer isn’t even there because you can’t actually use the service as advertised!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I joined Classmates.com and tried to cancel the same day after I read Classmates was linked to 700+ on-line scams. I received an “un-refundable membership” e-mail today after three tries. Maybe this company fits into the “almost scam” category!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I took a free trial and my card was charged. I was notified after the fact. I tried to contact them, but got no response. I have cancelled by membership. Perhaps I will have to cancel the credit card if they process it again. A membership charge is the price I paid for not checking reviews out more carefully. There was really no support here. The website was not user friendly. Hard lesson to learn. Beware of this company.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Signed up for the trial, then billed my credit card without asking! When I called they said they would refund the money and NOT do that again! Never refunded money and no longer sent me email even though I have paid through Nov. Rude man handling the call. Scammers! Sad they use our happy high school days to rip us off!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I signed up on Classmates.com as a free trial offer. They put me on their automatic billing system without telling me or my consent. Just yesterday I noticed they charged my credit card $62.83. I immediately emailed them and requested a refund and to close my account with them. They responded by telling me how to close the account myself but did not address my refund in any way. I am a senior with limited monthly funds and can't afford to throw away $62.00. If anybody knows how to get Classmates.com to give me my money back I would appreciate on knowing how to do it.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

There is nothing on this site helpful. Fraudulent charge was made for $18.00 with no explanation. The phone number listed isn’t a company & no answer. Do yourself a favor; don’t subscribe. I finally cancelled after many attempts & hopefully fraudulent charges will be removed & no others will occur.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

What is this junk you as a company has sent me, #1. My senior pic is not in the book at all. #2. You're kidding with this one, 2 hundred and Twenty-One photos are missing out of a high school yearbook, that's the whole purpose!!! *Photos* #3. I paid $80 for a high School album that does not have my picture or my brother's in it. Who is missing out of the Album also. This is totally unacceptable, please refund me the money I pay to you for this crap!!! 221 people Photos are missing from this HIGH SCHOOL PHOTOS ALBUM, WITHOUT THE CLASSMATES *Photos*!!! CAN YOU SEE MY PROBLEM???

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I am a paying member on Classmates. It is the worst website I have ever belonged to, every time I try to do anything I get, "OOPS something went wrong!" I would not recommend this site to anyone!!! ** Skull and crossbones!!! NO! NO! NO!

Original review: July 8, 2020

Paid for the upgrade then got shut out. "David" has been saying "technical difficulty" for a month. I've asked to be removed from the Classmates website and they won't remove me. I can't get in or out.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I never bothered paying to sign up for their "advanced" features. But almost immediately after signing up with them, I found my spam escalating. In the maybe 2 months I've 'been with them', it has more than doubled.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Always go to the store and purchase a prepaid credit card to sign up for this. It will cost you about $5 to purchase a card but then they cannot automatic renew your subscription. Because they will try! Read other reviews. Just purchase a $25 card and sign up, then promptly use up balance on something else. Well worth it!

Original review: May 4, 2020

This company will show you purchasing one thing and send you something else. They also will tell you it is a reprint and it looks like a book from the 1920's. The quality is poor and shows they need up to date equipment. I only wanted them to send me the correct year book. I even offered to pay for shipping back to them and Peggy said, "It is yours, you have to keep it. We don't do returns." I wasn't returning it, it was an exchange. Return is getting your money back.

Original review: April 18, 2020

When It came time for my 50-year high school reunion this summer, Classmates.com sent me an e-mail indicating that I could be included on the listing of 1969 high school graduates. Never went to the reunion, never purchased ANY merchandise from classmates.com. The class reunion was last summer. I did not go, NOR HAVE I EVER PURCHASED ANY ITEM FROM CLASSMATES.COM.

This month--April 2020-- I have received four (4) notices from my credit card company Capital One that "Your PCH*classmates.com purchase was declined because you previously locked your card: Declined Purchase Details: ... $72.00." Each of the four e-mail notices has a different date: 04/04/2020, 04/10/2020, 04/16/2020, 04/26/2020. I BLOCKED my Capital One card months ago--I'm glad I did-- and I have never charged anything on that card thereafter.

This has to stop: PCH*Classmates.com or some representative there in is attempting to charge my blocked card. This is a criminal act. I have tried to reach Capital One Fraud Activities throughout this month; the wait is one-hour+, but in fact much longer. I will continue to attempt to reach them. It seems I'll simply have to close--rather than block--my account with Capital One. I noticed I'm not the only person who has received fraud charges from classmates.com. If there is any way I can assist you or provide you with more information, please let me know. Thank you for your ongoing work. Sincerely, M. C. **.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I tried Classmates.com for 1 month in November 2019. I didn't like it so I canceled my subscription. Now 2 months later they are charging me again. These people are desperate and can't be trusted. I tried to cancel again and now there is no option to cancel. I emailed them and told them to cancel me again so they emailed me back and said we will cancel your free subscription. If it's a free subscription I have why are they charging me???

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

After my dad passed away I ordered a copy of his high school yearbook. I thought it would be a nice keepsake. To be fair Classmates.com does indicate that the yearbook will be a reprint. What I expected and what I got were worlds apart. Blurry pictures and most of them tiny. There were 11 blank pages. I remember my dad's yearbook and this "reprint" is a horribly weak effort. And the cost? Only $99. When I emailed my concerns what I got back was, "we told you it was a reprint, thanks for understanding." My understanding is that I got a cheap money-grab representation of my dad's past.

Joseph

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I have similar experience. Recently been charged 72.00 automatic renewal after 36 months when I have not had access to information on the Classmates site since early 2019. Beware of the agreement statement. Further the site is not worth the money anyway. It's a big "come on" with promotional email like "guess who is checking you out". Most schools now have their own Facebook page where you can interact with your former classmates. When challenged Classmates comes up with that agreement statement. So beware..the customer service is terrible. I keep getting emails how to cancel subscription but no answer to the issue, that is, the refund of 72.00. It's just not worth the further headache.

I should have checked out the reviews; I am more vigilant about ratings and reviews today but back in 2017 I was unaware. Please please do not subscribe or use the company. If you do at discounted rate be sure to go back in to accounts and cancel your subscription. Additionally I was told (after I made a complaint to BBB) there was 2 accounts. Be vigilant when using this site. Also if you use PayPal close any automatic payments so a company like this cannot come back years later and charge your account.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I am so disappointed and angry at Classmates.com. I joined last summer and paid the $7.50 for a 90 day membership just to look at my old yearbooks. I did NOT sign up for automatic renewal yet I just found 2 additional charges on my debit card from them, one in Aug for $15 and one yesterday for $18. I tried to log into my account to see what's going on and it wouldn't accept my login even though it was auto-filled in chrome. I tried to use the forgot password option but the site says they have no record of an account for my email address, even though it's the same one they inundate with multiple emails per week about new messages and visits to my profile. I tried clicking the profile link in one of the emails and magically logged me in, but the messages were only more spam from them asking me to sign up for a paid membership. This confirms that I do NOT Have a paid membership with them, yet they're still taking money from my card! Just... what?

I went to the account section to try and shut down my entire profile and wouldn't you know, the site then logged me out and wouldn't let me log in again. Can't have people cancelling their memberships, I guess. I tried contacting them via the form on their site about the charges and no surprise, I didn't get a response. This company is a full blown scam. I've disputed the charges with my bank and had to get a new debit card. Let's hope they don't somehow get ahold of my new card number, if I see any more charges from them I will be contacting a lawyer. Yes, I am petty enough to sue over this. This is fraud and theft, plain and simple. My bank was able to find a contact number for them, if anyone else needs it it's 206-301-5900. I haven't called yet but I have a feeling I'll get no answer or the same run-around others have gotten.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Had been a member for a couple of years, off and on. They would tell you that you had a new message in order to get you to sign up again. So I did, but it ended up being a message I'd already received, and read. The last straw! They sent me a message from an old high school friend who passed away 7 years before the "message". Total scam!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Stay away from this site. The owner or owners are greasier than maggot puke. Delete all records you have for this con and check your PayPal and credit card accounts to remove Classmates.com. This website will take your money and the site may function for a day or so then disappears.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Beware of this website. It will automatically enroll you in a renewal. I didn't even have the same credit card number. When I called them they said they had a no return policy and I knew it would be going through because they sent an email a month ago. No email was ever sent. It's a scam to collect 48.00 a pop from the consumer.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Customer service is nonexistent...can't find a phone number, the directions for closing the account don't work; you send a message on the details of your problem thru their website and you get an instantaneous message telling you to do what you just told them didn't work!! Stay away from this site....

Classmates.com Company Information