2. Miscellaneous

Classmates.com formerly Memory Lane

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.22/5

Classmates.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

There is nothing on this site helpful. Fraudulent charge was made for $18.00 with no explanation. The phone number listed isn’t a company & no answer. Do yourself a favor; don’t subscribe. I finally cancelled after many attempts & hopefully fraudulent charges will be removed & no others will occur.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I am a paying member on Classmates. It is the worst website I have ever belonged to, every time I try to do anything I get, "OOPS something went wrong!" I would not recommend this site to anyone!!! ** Skull and crossbones!!! NO! NO! NO!

Original review: July 8, 2020

Paid for the upgrade then got shut out. "David" has been saying "technical difficulty" for a month. I've asked to be removed from the Classmates website and they won't remove me. I can't get in or out.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I never bothered paying to sign up for their "advanced" features. But almost immediately after signing up with them, I found my spam escalating. In the maybe 2 months I've 'been with them', it has more than doubled.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Always go to the store and purchase a prepaid credit card to sign up for this. It will cost you about $5 to purchase a card but then they cannot automatic renew your subscription. Because they will try! Read other reviews. Just purchase a $25 card and sign up, then promptly use up balance on something else. Well worth it!

Original review: May 4, 2020

This company will show you purchasing one thing and send you something else. They also will tell you it is a reprint and it looks like a book from the 1920's. The quality is poor and shows they need up to date equipment. I only wanted them to send me the correct year book. I even offered to pay for shipping back to them and Peggy said, "It is yours, you have to keep it. We don't do returns." I wasn't returning it, it was an exchange. Return is getting your money back.

Original review: April 18, 2020

When It came time for my 50-year high school reunion this summer, Classmates.com sent me an e-mail indicating that I could be included on the listing of 1969 high school graduates. Never went to the reunion, never purchased ANY merchandise from classmates.com. The class reunion was last summer. I did not go, NOR HAVE I EVER PURCHASED ANY ITEM FROM CLASSMATES.COM.

This month--April 2020-- I have received four (4) notices from my credit card company Capital One that "Your PCH*classmates.com purchase was declined because you previously locked your card: Declined Purchase Details: ... $72.00." Each of the four e-mail notices has a different date: 04/04/2020, 04/10/2020, 04/16/2020, 04/26/2020. I BLOCKED my Capital One card months ago--I'm glad I did-- and I have never charged anything on that card thereafter.

This has to stop: PCH*Classmates.com or some representative there in is attempting to charge my blocked card. This is a criminal act. I have tried to reach Capital One Fraud Activities throughout this month; the wait is one-hour+, but in fact much longer. I will continue to attempt to reach them. It seems I'll simply have to close--rather than block--my account with Capital One. I noticed I'm not the only person who has received fraud charges from classmates.com. If there is any way I can assist you or provide you with more information, please let me know. Thank you for your ongoing work. Sincerely, M. C. **.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I tried Classmates.com for 1 month in November 2019. I didn't like it so I canceled my subscription. Now 2 months later they are charging me again. These people are desperate and can't be trusted. I tried to cancel again and now there is no option to cancel. I emailed them and told them to cancel me again so they emailed me back and said we will cancel your free subscription. If it's a free subscription I have why are they charging me???

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

After my dad passed away I ordered a copy of his high school yearbook. I thought it would be a nice keepsake. To be fair Classmates.com does indicate that the yearbook will be a reprint. What I expected and what I got were worlds apart. Blurry pictures and most of them tiny. There were 11 blank pages. I remember my dad's yearbook and this "reprint" is a horribly weak effort. And the cost? Only $99. When I emailed my concerns what I got back was, "we told you it was a reprint, thanks for understanding." My understanding is that I got a cheap money-grab representation of my dad's past.

Joseph

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I have similar experience. Recently been charged 72.00 automatic renewal after 36 months when I have not had access to information on the Classmates site since early 2019. Beware of the agreement statement. Further the site is not worth the money anyway. It's a big "come on" with promotional email like "guess who is checking you out". Most schools now have their own Facebook page where you can interact with your former classmates. When challenged Classmates comes up with that agreement statement. So beware..the customer service is terrible. I keep getting emails how to cancel subscription but no answer to the issue, that is, the refund of 72.00. It's just not worth the further headache.

I should have checked out the reviews; I am more vigilant about ratings and reviews today but back in 2017 I was unaware. Please please do not subscribe or use the company. If you do at discounted rate be sure to go back in to accounts and cancel your subscription. Additionally I was told (after I made a complaint to BBB) there was 2 accounts. Be vigilant when using this site. Also if you use PayPal close any automatic payments so a company like this cannot come back years later and charge your account.

Classmates.com Company Information